Speaker 1: On TGB for BC and network stations. This is Wake Up Australia with Mike Jeffries.
Speaker 2: Good morning, welcome along here it is Monday again. Welcome to the week, Welcome to the day, all that kind of thing. I want to Trevor Long this half hour because I'm continually interested and it's been talk about during the week about how the government of this country is leading the way in making sure that under sixteen year olds can't access social media. That's the way they're putting it. Not the Internet altogether, but social media. So you know, I talked about it from the view of a parent before the news viewer with me then, but I also want to talk to Trevor Long about the technicalities of doing it. I did have a conversation with him quite some months ago. Since then there've been tests. Anyway, I'll talk to Trevor about it. I still really don't see how it can be done. And Nicole, whom I was talking to before the News, supports it one hundred percent knows about AI. Works for one of the big banks, so it's fully experienced with the whole Internet computer thing, hacking, all that sort of stuff, and she thinks it's a great idea, but has no idea how it will be done. I'm very suspicious as to how it will be done. But anyway, I'll talk that through with Trevor. By the way, I was listening to the news there. You can't say we don't give the alternate view on the radio station with David Schubridge there. Think about our politicians, no matter what side of the fence you're on, they're so dumb. Really. I mean, there's Shuebridge and he's setting out to make his case while you know why, Trump's completely wrong with what he's done with Iran, and then he throws in what he thinks is a snappy convincer and he says, oh, you can't bomb your way to peace. That really wasn't the lesson from World War Two? Was it? You know, if the Yanks hadn't done that Hiroshima Nagasaki thing, when would the Japanese have quit? Anyway, Like I say, you know, I mean doesn't apply to all of them. I think there are some genuine politicians out there, but the ones that seem to work their way to the top, they just, I mean, what else can you say? But the stuff they say, it's just honestly dumb. Anyway, here's what you're facing on the front pages corea mail don goes nuclear. Trump obliterates Iran's nuke sites. US forces bracing for retaliation after bold move by President. The United States Navy's fifth Fleet in Bahrain is bracing for an attack after President Donald Trump declared an unprecedented American bombing the raid had completely and totally obliterated Iran's key nuclear facilities. Well, that's what he's saying, and that may well be true, but I mean, how do you prove it, because you know, the Uranians are saying, Oh, it wasn't a big deal really or was that effect? I am paraphrasing there, but that's the approach they're taking. So who is going to give us the definitive picture. I want to talk to a journal in about an hour to see if we've got any updates on that. Anyway, just letting you know what's on the front pages of the papers finn Review. You've got Iran vow's payback against the US oil price to spike on supply fears. Yes, that could be getting you get a variety of opinion on the front page of the Finn Review. You get Jessica Gardner saying Trump was holding back on Iran, then he received a phone call from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin and Yahoo, that's what Jessica has to say to you. Inside. Andrew Tillet says the US bombing has dealt Iran's nuclear ambitions a blow, but it's an open question whether it was a fatal one. And Jennifer Hewitt says the end or just the start. The unprecedented US military action has become part of the dramatic reshaping of the Middle East led by Israel. And yeah, they're the big stories, opinions on the big store in front of the finn Review. What else do you get? Queensland may hold ind cash hostage to GST. Yeah, what are they up to there? APRA's director limits will make the boards lazy and ten billion dollar deal could shake up the energy market. Talking about those things as well, Cambra Times, you get a picture of Trump, picture of the big bomber and a headline that says bombs away, US enters the war. They're also talking about plans for twenty six thousand new homes over five years. And I guess they got the story somewhere about labor politicians saying, look what we've done. I think it was what seven homes, but they're waiting to build twenty six thousand. Anyway, The Age, says angus tour a bit terse ACDC, you're back for five nights only. Okay, it's a long time since I've seen them. I wouldn't mind seeing them again, I guess. Uh, fresh complaints against top Chef and Vos under pressure. But the big headline, of course, on the Age, Trump joins war, US bombs Uranian nuclear sized, President Hale spectacular success, Darnlow's revenge, and there's a rise in teachers grooming students online, teaches grooming students online. As far as the opinion on the Age, you get a variety of opinions. Michael Coziole says muster stroke or mistake. Time will tell, Maureen Dowd says President makes mad King look sane, and Corey Alpertz says hero Act doesn't fool anyone. So you get a variety of opinions there. It's not a bad thing. I encourage that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sidney Morning Herald Trump joins war on Iran. There's a picture once again of the big bomber and Trump with the faithful beside him. And it's that picture that you've probably seen on TV at least a dozen times by now. Planning failure, Stemy's the Metro dig and Northern Beaches hospital heartache. That's what again on the front pages of the Sunday Morning Herald and the Herald's Sun totally obliterated is the big headline. Trump drops bunker buster bombs on Keen euch sites Ayatola warned to make peace or face far worse, and Iran says it's now our turn before blitzing Israeli cities. Trevor Long is a technology guru from e FtM dot com. Morning Trevor, thank you for making yourself available at this hour of the morning. Actually, my associate, mister Sindon says that you're normally awake at this hour of the morning. Can that be true?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I'd like to get up a freish just forget a start of the day. You get more done at this hour of the morning than you do any other time at day.
Speaker 2: I see, Okay. Now, I know we've talked about this before, but there have been some developments. We have a law passed that says people under sixteen cannot excess social media. First of all, to your understanding, are we only talking social media sites or the internet?
Speaker 5: Generally, we're only talking social media. But this is where it gets hilarious. So we have a law passed. It comes into effect at the end of this year, but it does not yet specify because it's a separate process to specify what is social media. So the government has not yet decided what is social media. So is YouTube part of social media? TikTok, Instagram, et cetera. So that's the first big unknown, because the big question really for me is YouTube has was originally excluded in statements by the government During the election campaign, the Prime Minister was questioned on this and he said it would be reviewed and there's been no conversation since then. And the issue here is not the YouTube that we all watch. Because we go on a website and we look at YouTube and these you know, widescreen format videos, whether they're funny or silly or education or whatever, and people watch it on their TV. That's the YouTube we think of the thirteen and fourteen year olds aren't watching that YouTube. They're on what's called YouTube thoughts, which is essentially TikTok. It is what it is what YouTube created to fight against the rise of TikTok? So why are we allowing that under these rules? And that's the first question we need answered. Is it included or not? And the second question is how on earth do we decide who's sixteen and who's not because these kids don't have IDs. My kids don't have id's. I have a thirteen year old and a fourteen year old. They don't have an ID. How are these How is tikto And that's the best example, because people love to hate it. How is TikTok meant to work out who's fourteen and who's fifteen and who's sixteen? So the government or a government body, the Age Assurance Trial release some information on Friday suggesting that they had done some testing, they had received submissions from the age assurance industry, and of course the age assurance industry has said, no, dramas, we can tell you who's fifteen and who's sixteen and who's eighteen. But Mike, the devil is in the details. These companies can do that with an error rate of about a year.
Speaker 4: And a half.
Speaker 2: Well, that makes me laugh, Trevor, because can you imagine how outraged a seventeen year old will be if she's told that she can't look at something that she wants to on social media because the device thinks she's only fifteen.
Speaker 5: Says no, here's the example I'll give you. When my kids turned they were allowed to have social media because that was the age that social media was allowed by the social media companies. My kids literally on their birthday requested social media. Okay, so on their thirteenth birthday they got accounts. And I'll tell you right now, it's actually really hard to do because the American time zone is a day later, and therefore, according to America, they're not thirteen yet. But anyway, that's a whole other issue. On their sixteenth birthday post these regulations coming in, how is it possible that any technology, any technology is going to tell the difference between a child that is fifteen years and ten months old and a child that has just turned sixteen? Physically impossible. The only way to do that is for a parent to verify their idea and confirm that the child can have an account, and that by law is not required to be the way we prove people's age because identity documents are not required this legislation, so fas the whole thing I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the tests they ran in the recent past, my understanding were as you say, I mean, they couldn't tell the difference between an eighteen year old and fifteen year old whatever. But when it comes to providing some kind of bona fide, I mean, how do you establish that the bona fide is bona fide?
Speaker 5: Well, we do have pretty good systems for verifying government IDs. I actually did it this morning. I was setting up a payment terminal for some testing, and it required me to prove my ID for my company and all this stuff, and basically I put in my driver's license and it went away and verified it. There are good systems for verifying a government ID that is safe and secure, But because of the concerns of the wider public around sharing government identity documents, the legislation had to require that there were options other than So, yes, it's completely allowed to use government IDD, but it should not be the only way. It must be possible to verify using a method other than ID. And there's no way of proving that my fourteen year old is fourteen or fifteen And if you've ever been to a kid's sporting match and you've looked at the kids on the court, going, these are all under fifteen. That girl looks seventeen, this girl looks twelve. What like as a parent, I can't tell the age of my child's friends.
Speaker 2: Well, that's certainly the case. So what happens though? I mean, my youngest son is twenty one, so it's not an issue for me at that level. But supposing I had a fourteen year old who's saying dad, dad, and I say, oh, yeah, okay, here's my license, and then I pretend that my fourteen year old is actually sixteen year old, how's anybody going to prove that's incorrect?
Speaker 5: They're not. And here's the great news. It is not under the legislation. Again, parent cannot be prosecuted fined for having their kids on social media, so parent cannot be held responsible. The parent essentially can allow it. It's up to the social media companies to not allow it. And there's some caveats there because it's actually not about them accessing these services, about having accounts on the services, which is a whole other discussion. But yeah, basically there's no requirement for parents to get in trouble if their kids are on social media. And what I think will happen is just like right now, if my seventeen year old at the time is now eighteen, so a if my seventeen year old wanted to have a couple of beers at a party, then the nineteen year old or the eighteen year old will go and get the beers and supply them to everyone. What trust me old, you know, seventeen eighteen year old Brian with his driver's license is going to sign up to accounts for kids and give them the logins and passwords. So what's what's going to happen? They're going to still be on social media.
Speaker 2: So the best the government can really offer is the opportunity for you to say to your fifteen year old it's against the law for you to go on social media. They can flout the law themselves if they want to. As you say, your fifteen year old's got to mate who pretends to be or maybe you fifteen year old's got to mate who's seventeen, who will swear for him or her that they're of age. So there's so many ways to get around it. Really, the best as I say that the government can offer is I'll tell your child it's against the law. Is that really going to make a difference in the family situation.
Speaker 5: It's not going to make any difference. The worst thing that ever happened in this whole debate was the Prime Minister when he said we're going to do this. He said, we're going to take the responsibility away from parents and put it on the social media companies, so that if old Jimmy creates an account and gives it to little Johnny, then the social media company can say, well, we had an id against that account. We did our thing. The parents are none the wiser and don't need to pairent apparently, according to the Prime Minister, because they have been resolved of all responsibility to parents. It's purely upon the social media companies and they're the ones that get fined if a child is discovered to have an account. And it's going to be you know, News dot com and the Telegraph and all these people that paraded for this legislation, they will go the complete opposite way in eighteen months from now and talk about all of the kids that are on there because of these loopholes. But they're not willing to talk about the loopholes today before the legislation comes in. It's hilarious to me and I sit by. Here's the other question. I've got a thirteen and fourteen year old. Are they excluded from social media as of December or because they've already got accounts, can they continue to use it? Good?
Speaker 2: Hopefully.
Speaker 5: Don't know what to tell my kids.
Speaker 4: I literally don't.
Speaker 2: Know that wonderful phrases had grandfathered in. That's very interesting, Trevor. Appreciate your time and comments. Thanks for coming on program. Okay mate, Travelong technology Guru from EFTM dot com.
Speaker 1: And now on Wake Up Australia News Today.
Speaker 2: Yes it is with Sessha Foot Morning Sessia, Good morning Mike.
Speaker 6: Iran says it remains resolutely determined to defend itself against the US after three of its nuclear sites were targeted in strikes. The leaders leaders of the UK, France and Germany have released a joint statement calling on Iran to engage in negotiations. British Airways and Singapore Airlines have canceled flights to the Persian golf due to the escalating situation. Queensland's Premier is refusing to say whether his first budget tomorrow will include cuts to programs to deal with a revenue black hole. The budget is expected to focus on paying at two hundred and seventeen billion dollars in debt facing the state by twenty twenty eight. And A man has been killed after he was hit by a use on an intersection in Newcastle. Police say the forty eight year old was struck while crossing a street. Mike Moore News at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: As session, thank you for that now to the three AW newsroom and Eddie Summerfield Morning.
Speaker 3: Eddie Morning. A man has been charged with forty offences after a hould of privately manufactured firearms parts, imitation guns, ammunition and drugs are uncovered at a cran Burn property Across the waged detectives seizing more than fifty items, including several imitation firearms, pistols, three D printed guns and the like. Victoria Police is spending almost ten million dollars a year settling claims bought against offices and new data remailing. Since twenty twenty, forty six and a half million dollars has been spent settling three hundred and forty five claims against police misconduct seventy five cases filed over the past financial year. Victoria's Premiers Into Allen, is leaving the door open to stamp duty reform or if there is coordinating support from the federal government, and a new tourism campaign will be launched by the Victorian government today in a bid to grow the state's forty billion dollar tourism industry.
Speaker 2: Film Thank you, Eddie. That Saidie Summerfield in the three a W news room. Let me take a phone call here business running from Canberra. Hello, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Oh, good morning, Mike. I wondered whether you'd caught up that apparently Trump's been nominated for the Nobel Peace christ later this year.
Speaker 2: There's pakistanis wanted to do that, didn't they.
Speaker 7: Yes, because of the between Pakistan and mean there.
Speaker 2: You just dropped out there for a moment then and who I.
Speaker 7: Said, Apparently it was because of his mediation between Pakistan and India.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a few weeks back. Yes, the difference somebody else and I was thinking, well, that's the difference between say, Pakistan and David Schubridge.
Speaker 7: But anyway, yes, yeah, but you know what we used to say that a week was a long time in politics. It's definitely twenty four hours is a long time in politics these days.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the it's the age we live in years. We've got to compress everything down. Instant gratification isn't quick enough, you know how it goes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'm hoping for a second positive from his action, and that is the Milar, you're disappearing.
Speaker 2: You keep disappearing this and what have you done? You paid your phone bill.
Speaker 7: I'll not pay my phone bill, Mike. Is that better?
Speaker 2: This was a bit What did you say before? Then?
Speaker 7: I was just saying that then they will hopefully be a secondary benefit to his action, and that the nurse around both Russia and and China will titan Russia in particular, and that Ukraine will prevail and get to its freedom within the next year or so.
Speaker 2: It's a lot to hope for, but I guess there are a lot of people who would support you in that.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, thank you, have a good day.
Speaker 2: You two buy relationships. Dr Marney Lishman helps me out when I'm confused. Dr Marney's a health and community psychologist. He's on the line. Good morning, Thank you for doing this. Hello, how are you do you remember Quentin Crisp.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: There was a TV show about him many years ago called The Naked Civil Servant, and I used to speak to Quentin. Quentin described himself as one of the stately homos of England, and he used to say, the trouble with your partner putting the toothpaste on the wrong side of the sink, it's not that he does it, but he does it every day. And that brings us to what we're going to talk about here. Is it time for a bathroom divorce? Please explain?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, Well it's one of those other sleep social media trends that are happening at the moment. And I think sometimes when there's these kind of almost silly social media trends that they seem to quote quite viral, so I think a lot of people resonate with them. So the bathroom divorce isn't actually a divorce per se, but it's rather let's have separate bathroom spaces just to avoid the conflict because the other person, whoever it may be, has these bad habits that, to your point, seem to happen every single day regardless of whether we complain or not.
Speaker 2: Well, the classic male female is that he leaves the seat up. Is that still an issue?
Speaker 7: So selfish? So selfish?
Speaker 8: It doesn't come Yeah, what is it? You don't change the toilet rolls either.
Speaker 2: Many years come up. Many years ago I read about some university in Sweden that, out of consideration for the ladies, all the boys decided to leave the seat down. And I must have scoffed at this, and I actually had somebody listening in Sweden, a young male who you know, castigated me for being not thoughtful enough where the ladies were concerned. But I don't know, is it really that much of a big deal. I suppose if it annoys you, and it happens every day, as Quentin said, then it becomes an issue.
Speaker 8: Well exactly exactly, And I think it's not. I mean, people are talking about this bathroom divorce. It's a bit like a few months ago it was sleep divorce as well. You know, a lot of people can thrive better in their relationships if some of those kind of sleeping habits, you know, like snoring and tossing and turning. You know, let's have separate bedrooms. Yeah we can, you know kind of you know, just spend more time on there, the more important things, instead of these little things that are annoying us. So it's kind of the kind of a similar cousin, isn't it of the sleep divorce. But yeah, I mean, these things do cause a lot of conflict and if no one's communicating properly or not listening to the other person's complaints. These things are happening every day and it can cause quite the irritation.
Speaker 2: So what are we talking about here. I would have thought it's more tricky for women. You know, they have to go through more. I think to be ready for the street, you know, presentable in public. And I think that's a good thing. By the way, I don't know if you've noticed, but it's a cyclic thing with the makeup people. They insert these bogus stories into the media saying men are wearing makeup now, and I think, whoa, whoa. You know, having a shave, that's enough. Let's keep it to that. Maybe a bit of after shave afterwards, yeah whatever, you know, if you've got a bit of a rash or something. But let's not have to go through what the ladies go through. I mean they've built up to it over the years. But there's a lot more ladies stuff in the usual bathroom than men's stuff, isn't there.
Speaker 8: Well, exactly exactly. We do have more products, don't we. Yeah, we can't argue with that. Yeah, and we do take over the cabinets and the drawers and probably all the shells in the shower as well. But then you know, sometimes there's women that do make a mess with their makeup and you know, leave it all kind of all over the bowl, and then that might give their partner, yeah, a source of irritation. But then you know, I guess there's the actual toileting habits. There's you know, leaving the towel on the floor that some people do, you know, or you know, sharing towels or flannels and things like that, not.
Speaker 2: Using the basnet so that there's a there's a big splash of water and we.
Speaker 8: Don't want that, know, well, no, that's quite yeah, or fogging up the mirrors, and you know, there's all these little irritating and they are a source of conflict. And I guess we could argue that there's many rooms of the house where there is differing habits, you know, differences in habits that can cause conflict, So why not talk about it now and say, hey, yep, I leave the cap off the toothpaste and this is what I do, And yeah, maybe we need to kind of think about how we can separate our selves and just remove some of that conflict instead of it happening every day.
Speaker 2: You know, what's even worse than leaving the cap off, squeezing the tube from the wrong end.
Speaker 4: I do that.
Speaker 7: It's just quicker.
Speaker 8: I'm always in a rush. It just comes from it. Yeah, yes, but yeah, it's just one of those things, isn't it. I think there's probably lots of kitchen habits that people have, there's things that people don't do outside. But I think, you know, like you've got to think about what really matters in a relationship, and there are there some things that you can let go of and do we need to choose our battles?
Speaker 2: So I suppose indeed, well, you know, I turned to you for guidance in these matters. What do you recommend if you're heading for a divorce on account of the different ways you use the bathroom?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well again, it does really come down to communication. So one would think if you're if you're good communications, communicators, because that is a foundation of a good relationship always, isn't It is that that connection and that communication, you know. But I also think that we have to choose our battles as well. So if you are in a house and there are two bathrooms and you're both happy to use separate bathrooms, then that's a great thing. But otherwise, if you don't, if you just got the one, you're really going to have to dig deep the communicating and set some boundaries of what and what you're going to put up with a.
Speaker 2: New lady who, as a result of being divorced and remarried, ended up with I'm pretty sure it was five or maybe even six girls, and I think they only had two bathrooms.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine, yes, yeah, that would be quite messy. And I can imagine that not all of those girls have the same bathroom habits at all. So it's not even a couple's things. It's actually just people in the household having totally different kind of hygiene, habits, personal preferences, and they all can become stress points.
Speaker 2: Indeed, well, some of these girls were negotiating adolescents and others were heading for it. I remember the lady said to me one day. She was kind of sighing when she said it. She said, this is just a comment from her. I'm not saying I endorsed it. She said, Oh, girls, they're so hard, they're harder than boys. And then and then they grow boobies and you can't talk to them at all.
Speaker 8: Oh. Yes, well, yeah, adolescence is family, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I've never had daughters. I've only had sons, so I can't speak from personal experience there.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, but I'm sure you can understand the different differences in habits and hygiene having sons as well. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm just trying to think back now. They were quite different. They still are. They were very the first two were very close together, and I think they've spent their entire lives being as different from each other as they possibly can.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I think you know, we're all different, aren't we, ur human beings, and I think we have to respect some of it. We can't nag about everything. But I think, yeah, if you're living in a household and you're in a relationship where you know, we want equality in terms of what we need from each other, and we need respect as well. So I think it does come down to communication. But I think sometimes people are happier in separate beds as they are happier having their own bathroom.
Speaker 2: I just thought of what about length of shower?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that's a big one, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, what do you recommend?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that's something that you've got to talk about. That's a financial issue as well. Yes, we are the constant living so again, yeah, deep conversation about yeah, the deeper meaning behind that and yeah, come to some sort of result.
Speaker 2: Doctor Marney. I appreciate your time and insights. Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Doctor Marney Listman is a health and community psychologist.
Speaker 1: A sports Update thanks to West End Motor Group incorporating Paramatter and Blacktown Master, two great Master dealerships saying great people, saying great service seven days a week.
Speaker 2: Ashley Klein will officiate the state of Origin decided despite criticism over his game to performance. This was a bit of that left New South Wales players and fans fuming. The Blues we hit with a lopsided nine nil penalty count by the forty fifth minute in Perth for Queensland, leading twenty six to six at the time and although New South Wales fought back. They last twenty six. Twenty four later met with NRL officials to question several of Klein's decisions. New South Wales claimed Klein overlooked repeated maroons in fractions while penalizing them for similar incidents. Despite the backlash, Code Sports reports, Klim will remain in charge due to the NRL's KPI based referee rating system, where he still ranks number one. Further to the conversation just before that report, a couple of comments here, Tom says the truth is that toilet lid should be shut completely to prevent spray from the flush. Yes, I think you're correct there, Tom. Albi says, hmm, this is Albi saying I grew up with five sisters. We had one bathroom. I guess things must have been different back then, says Albi.
Speaker 1: And now on wake Up Australia artist in the slotlight.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, it was on this day that Alice Cooper fell off a stage at a concert in Vancouver back in nineteen seventy five. Poor Alice fell off the stage, broke six ribs and after that said no more, mister nice guy. I really don't know if you reported that after it fell off the stage. I just thought I could make some kind of spurious tie in there that he said, Okay, that's it, no more mister nice guy. Here's somebody said, nice workmatee song. Glad you liked it. Actually, I was going to use that. Remember Trudy Teey, she used to read the do the traffic for me, and you know, she was one of those people who's kind of unconsciously funny, and she only found out a few years ago that some before I actually won a radio award by submitting an exchange between me and Trudy. But we were talking and she said to me, because I wasn't doing any much at the time, what are you going to do? And I said, I'm thinking of doing a podcast and calling it no more mister nice guy. And there was a bit of a pause, and then Trudy said, but you were never very nice. Three minutes to five, I'll have some news for you at five. Well, when I say that three minster five, in some of the zones we go to coming up in the next half hour. I want to talk to Jonathan Kursley just to see if there's any update on you know, obviously the big story of the morning. If you just joined us, can you guess what we've spent the whole morning doing talking to people on the phone about what Trump did in Iran, of course, and because we spent most of the time doing that, there's some good quirkies around this morning, but I didn't get around to doing any But I have a little time right now, although I still have texts here, some still commenting about a lady named Maria who was very anti Trump. Sharon said, war kills to that stupid woman. God is all about love. Peace is from God, says Sharon. Roberts is bad ai Okay Dale was playing with the AI again a minute ago, and he wanted to He asked it to depict Donald Trump on a was a pogo stick or a skateboard or something, and it did it straight away. No trouble at all anyway. Stories that won't make the news but might be worth a comment anyway, or worth the airtime. There's a place in China I like the idea of this. I really think somebody ought to try it. Here. They have a beer exchange bar, right, beer exchange bar. The prices fluctuate according to demand, like stocks, stocks and shares. Inspired by iconic stock markets like Wall Street. Quingdow Beer Exchange is a unique bar concept where beer prices fluctuate in real time according to customer demand. Located in Qingdao, China's unofficial beer brewing capital, the Qingdow Beer Exchange offers that unique beer drinking experience. There's a big display. I can see it. You can have a look at it on the net if you want to. Dynamic circular display above the large venue shows real time prices and sales data, where the most purchased beers surgeon price and the least purchased brews get a discount. That's kind of cute, isn't it. Yes, Michael, what are you saying? Hey, Mike, I've been in joining a show glad to hear it, thank you, and doing some research. I discovered they don't watch the Flintstones in Dubai, but Abu Dhabi do this kind of quaint Michael from Razback. Thank you, Michael. I did see your other little play on words, but I was thinking of Dale, you know, who tries to keep us within certain parameters. I also like this story. This is quaint. An angry bee keeper set the bees, set bees his bees on the police during a routine traffic stop. Not that I'm encouraging people to become scofflowers, but I just think it's quaint. A seventy year old Spanish beekeeper was so upset about being stopped by traffic police he set his bees on the offices, causing them to take shelter in a restaurant. So it leads me wondering, how do you train bees?
Speaker 1: Now on two GB for BC and network stations. Back to Wake Up Australia with Mike Jeffries.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Welcome along. If you've just joined us, Can you guess what we've been talking about all morning? Yes, it's what's on all the front pages that I'm looking at. Did I do the Australian before? I don't think so. Nuclear obliteration. There's Trump Around's key nuclear enrichment facilities have been completely and totally obliterated around the bully of the Middle East must now make peace? Who said that? Yes, it was the Donald. I'm going to talk to Jonathan Kurzley shortly, just to see if we've got any new developments there. Meantime, a lady named Maria called up. There were the few people taking a country position as far as Trump is concerned, but most of the callers this morning were totally behind him. And it's a bit the same with the government. We've had a couple of calls since the election from people saying you lost, or you know, the coalition lost, Get over it, forget about it. No, that's not going to happen. If anything, there will only be more and more comment over the next three years. See here's an example of what I'm talking about. Ed from Morana Hills, says Hi Mike on the current delusional dingling federal government. Their only successful policies are unsustainable immigration, increased taxes and unbelievably unrealized actual profits, inverted commons, vastly increased in accelerating power prices, more regulation, final last nail in the coffin of serious manufacturing here, and increased number of pencil pushing public servants. All this nebulous, pointless, irrelevant huffing and puffing on the international issues, except for their anti Israel stancer of no real substance or values, says Ed, seems the only current reason for USA to bother with Australia. They're assets here and a however weak and once friendly base in the Southwest Pacific, Si says ed from Irana. Yeah, I don't expect that kind of comment to stop for those people who said the election's over, that's it. No more correspondence will be entered into. I don't think so. Darren says. You had two ladies on earlier, Nicole one thousand percent correct and the lady before Maria or something, who has no idea what she's saying, says Darren. So Maria certainly provoked a lot of reaction, Robin says Morning Mike. Some people just so emotional about Trump and Israel and so on. She's obviously a supporter of Iran, Palestine, et cetera. I find her reaction quite pathetic. Blame her mass for starting and escalating all this. Direct the anger at them, says Susan. Robert says Irana headless chickens. Yeah, well we have to there no longer nuclear equipped chickens. That was something we discovered during the morning. A factoid about why they changed it because somebody asked, how can we stopped saying atomic bomb and graduated to nuclear bomb. A nuclear bomb uses We went through a phase of the hydrogen bomb. Atomic bomb uses fission and fusion and becomes the nuclear bomb, because it's not just atomic anymore, if you see what I mean there, Yes, just waiting for Jonathan. I'll go to him in a moment. But this is quaint and this is something that I agree with. A Chinese man with small eyes keeps triggering cars asleep at the wheel, warning these fussy cars we have. Now. I had a rental not that long ago, and the thing kept fretting because I was driving in the country and there was no second white line for it to look at. Anyway, I'll do more on that bit later. Maybe. Let me now go to Jonathan Cursley, nine, US correspondent, who's on the line. Morning. Jonathan, thanks for doing this.
Speaker 4: Good to you and the listeners.
Speaker 2: Mike, so let me chick off with the question about what we've all been talking about all morning. Are there any new developments. We are still in a state where Trump says, perfectly executed exercise. We've destroyed the main nuclear facility plus two others. On the other hand, Iran is saying, no big deal, or it's that effect I'm paraphrasing. Do we know any more of the details.
Speaker 4: Well, essentially, what we saw a few hours ago was the Defense Secretory pet Hext and the chair of the Joint Chiefs Front a press conference to essentially outline more of the details around this attack. We did learn a little bit more. Fourteen bunker busters were drapped on two sides, including the crucial one of four dough the enrichment facility, and there were also Tomahawk missiles fine at a third it is Fahan, another nuclear facility. We also knew that there were there was another range of BET two bombers that were centers a sort of deecale out into the Pacific, which there was some reporting around sort of twenty four hours ago that the stealth bombers were in Guam in the Pacific. Now that clearly was a decoy message to have Iran looking one way while essentially these bombers, unable to be seen by radar were heading in the other direction. All together, as for the damage, well, the Defense Secretary seemed pretty confident that they had carried out this mission exactly as Donald Trump had said. Vice President Jada Vance doing the rounds on the morning Sunday morning television shows. Not exactly with a resounding confidence that the Defense Secretary was giving, but clearly confident that they had done the job they were set out to do to delay to damage Iran's nuclear facilities. Now there's some suggestion that they may not be destroyed, that it may have delayed the program by some five years Iran. Iranian officials this morning are saying that they believe they still have enriched uranium. Now that is crucial if they are trying to continue ahead with this nuclear program. The key questions that world leaders should now be asking is where is that uranium? Where is it? Because that's going to be crucial in determining where this goes next. Because what you've got right now is a toss of the coin situation. You've got a rogue nation, you've got an unpredictable president, and really experts are saying right now that this could go either way. Either a ran to try and rapidly accelerated its nuclear program, or it could be severely damaged. Either this could rapidly escalate the situation or completely de escalated. The next forty eight hours are going to be crucial, and I think we will get a better idea probably over the next twenty four or so about exactly how Iran is going to respond. When it comes to the United States. We saw them strike Israel in the hours after Donald Trump launched the s So the conflict between Israel and Iran continues. There's a UN Security Council meeting, expect at any moment now Russia, China calling for ceasefire. You've now got global superpowers coming into the mix on this. It's not just the United States taking action, it's now everybody else watching to see what a sudden Donald Trump has found himself in somewhat of a wartime president, despite being the one who insisted he wasn't going to enter Middle Eastern conference. Now he will say for now that essentially what he has done is take one loan action, take one strike, and allow himself the ability to step back. But he has laid down a threat if Iran does not come to the table on peace, he has vout to continue to attack. So essentially he's standing himself right now on the precipice of entering it. Hopefully the colds he watched yet more attacks on the state of Iran.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and of course if they do start attacking US bases, then he really won't have a choice but to respond, will he.
Speaker 4: Well, if Iran doesn't come to the table. He's already laid out his options. He's essentially said, no, he's going to respond. You've got this called a sort of war of words going on the flight. At the same time that there is these actual conflicts between Israel and Iran. You've got Iran's foreign foreign and as they're saying, look, there will be ever I think consequences for the United States of America. The Iranian regime that is not unaccustomed to using strong language and strong warnings when it comes to the United States of America. They're also trying to talk to a domestic audience as much as they are to an international one. At the same time, you've got Israeli senior official saying, if Iran continues to attack us, we will attack them, and Iran saying, well, look, we will continue to defend ourselves. If we need to defend ourselves, that is our right. So so long, this war of words continues between all sides. But the clocking king, now it's over to Iran. What are they going to do? Essentially, Donald Trump has said to them, cop this on the chin, do not respond, take this blow and move on, come back and talk to US about not proceeding with a nuclear program, which is essentially is a line Iran does not want to cross. They've made that clear. So if that is a red line, but it's a red line the US wants a run to cross and they're not going to. Well, where does that leave it? Ultimately, it leaves it in the words of the US President, which means he said he's going to carry out more attacks. So if we don't see an end of this program, if we don't see a deal, ultimately he's warning of what he says will be tragedy. He is sending a message to the Ayatola who is in hiding, thought this out now, or we're coming for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, before this happened, we were talking on my program and I guess other places as well, about the unhappy people in Iran who presumably would like to see regime change. But the present administration reacts to any possibility of that happening so brutally. I don't know whether that's likely, Toker. You've got any thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: Well, I think after what we saw with Iraq and Afghanistan, I doubt you will ever see a US official call for regime change again. Because in both of those instances it did not work out well. It led to years and years of conflict. So while there might be some senior Israeli officials who are wondering a wandering around saying, you know, they're calling for regime change publicly, the line is going to be, no, they don't want to do. This isn't about regime change, because it's sending the wrong message. There are clearly people in Iran right now who are concerned about their own safety, of their own security because of the way that the regime has operated, threatening people, executing people, killing people, threatening their livelihoods. There are protests on the streets of Tehran, and there has been some suggestion that maybe, yes, this could ultimately wind up leading to regime change. But you're not going to see the United States president, vice president, or Defense secretary say anything about this being regime change. They have learnt the lessons of the past, but calling for that and calling for the removal of political figures inside another country publicly does not end well. And right now they're trying to walk a fine line between dropping fourteen bunker busting bombs on nuclear sites to try and find a past to some sort of stability. Now, this is a hugely pecurious situation in a predicament with Iram that is largely unprecedented. This is a deeply complex region, a deeply complex nation, and complex history. But right now they're trying to uncomplicate it all. They're trying to make it a very simple decision. Iran come to the deal, no more nuclear program and this all stops. If it doesn't, well then it's all.
Speaker 2: Jonathan. I do appreciate that update. Thank you for coming on the program this morning.
Speaker 4: Always good to talk to you at a business Thanks again for your time.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Kurzley nine's US correspondent, Chris from Engerdeen says, I think the North American public will support missiles, bombs, fighters, et cetera, but they will no longer support boots on the ground after the Iraq forever war, and so Chris sees it. Dave from canon Hill gade Da says him, I trust you well. Thank you. Years suggest if people don't want to hear labor rhetoric, they change channels. I don't mind a bit of disagreement, you know, it's sort of the old classic call in, you know, where people argued and disagree, They tend not to do that as much as they used to these days, and at least one listener who violently disagreed with call them oh yeah, said she appreciated the fact that we gave her a go, So, you know, I think we ought to do that, And says Mike, remember Labor only got a third of the primary vote, so we will continue to hold them to account, not that they give a damn. Yes, I know what you mean, and but they will eventually have to give a damn, you know, unless they totally change the situation. So we don't have a say at all. But if the coalition want to be relevant, they better lift their game. That's what I'd say. That's what i'd tell them, you know, if I went to the meetings. But I don't go to the meetings, Jason says, goody, Mike, Albow will be happy. The Mount I was a couple of minds finished due to high energy costs. Tommaguile, your minium has gone as well. Great for Albow. More people on welfare, the more people on welfare, the more votes for Albow. More net zero madness, says Jase. Yes, it's about time for me to get out of here. I know Ben Fordham has some plans. I haven't seen his running sheet, but I'm kind of guessing that there might be discussion about recent events in the Middle East. Anyway, Ben will be long after this news on two GB, and then Mark Levy after nine, and Peter Figan will be on shortly on four PC. Have a great week by for now.
Speaker 4: I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in