Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the podcast The Junkies. I'm Dave O'Neill.
Speaker 2: I'm Katie Flanagan. It's been a while, but we're back on the Sweden Soldie roundabout.
Speaker 1: Get on bored.
Speaker 2: In the mean guy coming at you from the Grand New Hotel.
Speaker 1: In Fairfield. We've just done a comedy night here. This is where I record the podcast with Glenn, so I'm very familiar. But normally would do that during the day when there's no one here, but anyone could just wander through.
Speaker 2: Now it's nighttime, scary already, we've got snacks.
Speaker 1: Already, some people have wandered through that are not welcome, but.
Speaker 2: So nice to everybody though, Yeah I'm too nice. Over and goes, oh, we're Dave's mates. We'll just hang around.
Speaker 1: It's happened a lot over the journey.
Speaker 2: And then I look at you and I go, ah, he's being nicer that I'm nice.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think now I'm gonna look like double asshole because you're really nice. Yeah yeah, So now I've had to be nice. So it's taken us well. It's like it's already one in the morning and we've finally gotten rid of everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, there's still people here. You hear any noise because they're in the next room and there's no door. Kirien's like, shut the door, Agun, I think there is a door. There is a door. You should shut that door.
Speaker 2: Shut the door.
Speaker 1: You to shut the door, Shut the door. Anyway, Kitty just did half an hour of comedy from her whiteboard show. Unbelieved. Unbelievable people, if you get to go and see her, this is new material, but it was like polished material. Anyway, if you get the chance to see it. I've been talking you, I've been giving a review. Sam Pang texts me and when you're on He's in Tokyo. Apparently I'm headlining in the room there soon, which I am going to Tokyo. He said, give my best to the Queen. I said, I'm with the Queen a comedy again, and he's looking forward to.
Speaker 2: When are you going. I'm going to Japan as well. I'm going next. I'm going up north.
Speaker 1: Give my best of the Queen. Tell her I've got her first venue for Kitty Kitty Pang Pang. It's a Tokyo comedy club.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Have you done that.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't, but I have worked in Tokyo before, really have done gigs there.
Speaker 1: I'll be doing gigs there next week. I didn't know you really are doing gigs there. Well, I just heard there was a gig and I just evenil the guys said, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Who's running it? Now? What's his name?
Speaker 1: J j or some J Man?
Speaker 2: I don't know J Man.
Speaker 1: When are you going to what are about this? Later?
Speaker 2: Yes? Sorry guys, sorry.
Speaker 1: Some food absolutely, and like have some snacks. You know, Japan's most popular place now overtaken Barali for a strangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you yeah, we got a record for everyone.
Speaker 1: I've got to ask you off for the Karens to make sure. I ask Kiddy for any any suggestions, and I said, the only thing that I remember from talking to you about Japan is that the seven Elevens are good and have free.
Speaker 2: Good, wonderful Dave, And we'll spend most of your time in the seven Elevens.
Speaker 1: Where we're staying is above a seven eleven.
Speaker 2: Well, that's where you've beat better. It's the seven Elevens, and it's the it's another one called Lawsons. But yeah, they've just got these convenience stores. Any convenience store except the Orange ones not so great.
Speaker 1: Okay, I avoid that, avoid the Orange ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Lawsons is good. Seven eleven's good, and then yeah there's another one too. Okay, but you get really good sushi at them.
Speaker 1: Like what you said that it's fresh fresh.
Speaker 2: Like, don't let care and tell you, oh no, we can't buy it from seven elevem Yes you can, because.
Speaker 1: You said they throw it out at the end of the day. Your brother told you. Remember this. I don't know if we've talked about something.
Speaker 2: And look out for the pikelets as well. Pipelets that have You get them at seven eleven and they're sandwich together with maple syrup. Absolutely delicious stack of four pikelets.
Speaker 1: I was planning on losing weight overseas. I normally lose a bit of weight from that walking, but maybe not.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you might do in Japan. Such tiny portions. Yeah, yeah, that's what You'll always need to go and get a fried rice hockey puck at the at the seven eleven. It's just a little egg fried rice hockey puck and you just eat it straight.
Speaker 1: Mind small portions. Now that I'm sixty and I'm old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll just have a lot of them. You won't put on wait in Japan, it's impossible.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, okay, good to hear. Surely if they see big Western man they bring out, then.
Speaker 2: You might get a lot of this like where they cross their arms and go you can't come in, like, are you taking the kids as well? Yeah, so there's five of you, you'll get a lot of our Sorry, we're full. They don't like big groups because we eat too much. Like we got that when we were there with Penny Joel and her three kids. Anytime we tried to go to like a little bar or tiny restaurant, they'd be like, oh no, sorry, we're full, and we look inside and you're not full.
Speaker 1: And they do the crossed arms. Okay, what we're gonna do. We're gonna do it like we used to get the nightclubs in the eighties. We're gonna split up the groups of two, you know, to be eight guys just can't walk in like a.
Speaker 2: Pant to a big group.
Speaker 1: That's what it's like, like a gang. So we'll just put up with you know, Kieren and Kiddie can go in first and then I'll hang back and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you guys go in take.
Speaker 1: We don't know each other. Yeah yeah, all right, you've already given us some good tips and some insight to traveling in Japan.
Speaker 2: And there's also lots of really good ramen places. My nephews loved the ramen because they liked and your kids will like it too. They like being up to order just all you know.
Speaker 1: On different things, just on a screen.
Speaker 2: You don't have to speak to a person, so you don't speak Japanese yet. They just press all the buttons and then your ramen pops out.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, that's good to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll get you the name of the place. It's a chain, but it's a really good one, a good.
Speaker 1: Chain like Denny's or the Keg whatevery Moore in Australia.
Speaker 2: Like the Black Stump, the Black.
Speaker 1: Stump, remember that.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've had a big break.
Speaker 2: We have had a big break COVID. I've been away doing.
Speaker 1: You're in Canberra, you're places, but you're back now, So what are we going to start with?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we've we've got a line extension feature act, we've got new kit kats, and we've also got a new I'm excited about this one, A new era. And you say we haven't done aero before the show. I think we had.
Speaker 1: I think we had. I think you're right. I'm going to we compared it.
Speaker 2: To a Nestle Bubbly or something.
Speaker 1: I just remember when I brought up are you went, It's just it's just bubbles. I remember you were quite offended by the existence of an arrow bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then I quite liked it.
Speaker 1: You can smell that strawberry, and that's a new and that's a strawbry.
Speaker 2: We've got a strawberry aro bar.
Speaker 1: So these are the ones you can buy in the shop. I bought that in the shop today.
Speaker 2: One I got in a Japanese shop. You'll see a lot of these different kid cats in Japan. This is pink Lemonade kick Cat.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I no, I've never.
Speaker 2: Seen that one before. And then this one's just in the supermarkets. Honeycomb, buzz that.
Speaker 1: I love it, Honeycomb. Absolutely. What do we try first?
Speaker 2: Can we start with the era because I just can't stop smelling that strawberry, like.
Speaker 1: A strawberrym I never buy them something, you never.
Speaker 2: I never buy them either? Who does buy them?
Speaker 1: Kids. Oh man, there's like a strawberry began.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's like strawberry ice cream.
Speaker 1: But also with a bit of milk chocolate thrown in.
Speaker 2: Oh that's yummy. That's even better than the Neapolisan kit cat.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeahs on, it just gets on category.
Speaker 1: What was the other one that Danny McGinn lays sent. It's gay Time biscuits.
Speaker 2: Gay Time Biscuits. I haven't found them, but.
Speaker 1: I look for them today. Almost felt like saying come down to the ground because I know he lived around here. He's a comedian. Everyone. He had a bit of a text chat with me and Kitty about the the gay Time biscuits.
Speaker 2: Gay Time biscuit.
Speaker 1: Okay, that Aerow strawberry is very good.
Speaker 2: That's extraordinary. I'd say that's one of the best strawberry chocolates. You know what that's like. That's like a strawberry Freddo you know how strawberry freddo is the whultimate combination of strawberry and chocolate. That's as good as a strawberryfore.
Speaker 1: Just gets on better than better than the chocolate, better than the mint.
Speaker 2: All right, let's try the pink Lemonade kit Cat, which is pink in color. I don't really know what flavor it's going to be. It smells just kind of like fake.
Speaker 1: Myself sniffing on them.
Speaker 2: Are you a really weird sniffer because you seem to always be sniffing outwards instead of in. Ah, you sniff like toddlers?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Up for a kid and you go smell this and they always blow out?
Speaker 1: What does it taste like?
Speaker 2: Absolute garbage? That is nothing?
Speaker 1: It tastes like nothing.
Speaker 2: What's the point of it? That's kick kat pointless? Wow?
Speaker 1: Well, just after we talked up Japan so much.
Speaker 2: After that, I need a bite of the strawby arrow to get palette back eating pink plastic strawberry. All right, wonderful, all right, surely this can't let just down, honeycomb.
Speaker 1: Buzz kick cats are pretty good and live with the think.
Speaker 2: What's interesting is there line extensions of the dark chocolate mint and dark chocolate orange have stuck around.
Speaker 1: It's interesting when they stick around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't. They didn't disappear the language.
Speaker 1: They didn't them off. I'm talking like I'm in a pop Sorry, Doe, that.
Speaker 2: Smells strong, do you smell it? Honey? So strong?
Speaker 1: Sorry? I went straight to eating it.
Speaker 2: It almost smells like coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I shouldn't swear. You know who I met in the market in the farm.
Speaker 2: I'd ever swear, Dave. It's not like you to be swear.
Speaker 1: I met Thomas.
Speaker 2: We've been hanging out with some potty.
Speaker 1: Mouth ruffians husing. I met Thomas, who's a regular correspond I think you met his mum or his grandfather, grandfather. I meet with the local market here on a Sunday. He's a lovely young man. He'd be like about fifteen fourteen. Go to sleep, Thomas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we maligned his grandfather last time. Yeah, I don't know about that. Just tastes like an extra super sweet kit cat to me.
Speaker 1: It's all right. I would eat that, but as opposed to pink lemonade. Still let that happen.
Speaker 2: The winner, I mean the winner, not that we were doing a competition, but by far. If that strawberry ro bar doesn't stick.
Speaker 1: Around, man, I'll be I'll go here, I'll be kicking off. I don't want to see that.
Speaker 2: I'll be down an arrow headquarters, just throwing a bin through the window, going where's the strawberry era?
Speaker 1: You're right? All right? Well, next I think we're gonna do a blind test. I've actually found one in my local shop, which is and I'm sure we haven't done it before. I was so excited when I excellent.
Speaker 2: I've got a couple as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll be back after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, kid, he's wandering around the pub like a homeless person, just trying to get that last drink. He's trying to get a shandy like a people live up here. She might end up moving in, She's not. Anyway, These are I got them at Flower Sorrento, which is my local shop. Continental Supermarket set up in nineteen sixty five by Albert's father and mother, Albert and and I'm working there nowt in Clifton. Anyway, Look whatever, it's a great little souper market. Guinness flavored chips, the black drink from Keyos Irish potato chips, Guinness flavored.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've had them before. Okay, anyway, here we go, Come that kiddy, kitty. Stop drinking the shandy. Stop wandering around the hotel like you're homeless. People do live upstairs. If you're getting dire circumstances, you can move upstairs. You got regular meals available for you.
Speaker 2: There's a t a b oh, these look like a ruffle comedy shows, like a nice fine ridged gauge, fine gauge of ridge. Oh oh gee, I quite like that smell. They smell kind of like is there an Asian nes to them?
Speaker 1: No? No, really really far away from Aga. We don't get We had a few chips from this country. They're underrepresented in the chip.
Speaker 2: They smell mildly sweet.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is sort of sweet, sweetish thing.
Speaker 2: They're not unpleasant.
Speaker 1: A lot of people love this thing, love them, like my nephews love it.
Speaker 2: Is it a meal?
Speaker 1: No, but they they sometimes anyway that'll give it away.
Speaker 2: There's like a tanginess to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe not vinegar, maybe a lemon or something. No, no, no, no, no, vinegar. Vinegar, yes, vinegar.
Speaker 1: I'm sure about the actual flavor of this thing. But it's a very distinctive thing. It famous worldwide, but famous from coming from one particular country that they export this to the world and you would have been there and you would have had it in this country and gone, oh, I've been to you know, like going to going to I don't know, Switzerland, having a toddler roan. You've been to this country, you've had this. I don't know if you enjoy it. I don't really like it, but people love this.
Speaker 2: I don't mind those chips.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: I'm at a complete loss. I think my palette's like dead from the strawberry yero.
Speaker 1: Okay, dooman to give you a clue.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, it is it a beverage?
Speaker 1: Yes, see, your palette is not lost. It is a beverage. It's a popular beverage.
Speaker 2: It's not beer.
Speaker 1: It's like beer. It it's like it's like it's alcoholic. Okay, that's all I'm going to give you. But just think of a specific beverage to a country where they go and they people drink it and go oh okay.
Speaker 2: No, I think I know, but I think it's because i've seen it, not because I'm guessing the flavor. But now that I think I know, I think I can taste it. Is it guinness? Yes? Yeah, No, I didn't get it. I've seen Glenn bought some and showed them to me. That's a good fine though, that's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 1: Was in my local shop.
Speaker 2: I tasted a bit of beer, but not I wouldn't have tasted guinness. But then when I started thinking guinness, there's a hint of it.
Speaker 1: So don't talk yourself down real hint. You're right onto that.
Speaker 2: I was off though with vinegar and sweet.
Speaker 1: No, but isn't gnus a bit vinegary and sweet? I don't. I don't drink it either. I've had it once, But like my nephews, drink it and they drink it in guinness, and you drink to the g or something in the guinness. There's something the kids do teenage.
Speaker 2: All I know is that it gives you guinness poop. Yeah, makes it black, Yeah, black poop, the.
Speaker 1: After grod bog, the after grod bog. You haven't the after grod bog. But you would have been Ireland and drank inness probably.
Speaker 2: No, I would never drink in this. I always think it's a bit like drinking sort of meat. It's a meaty bear ridge. It's too I can't imagine, it's.
Speaker 1: Too thick, tell you what. The only thing I will say that.
Speaker 2: When you're drinking sauce, yeah, when you.
Speaker 1: Go to Ireland, it does taste better in Ireland. It tastes anywhere in the world. Yeah, For some reason.
Speaker 2: Pause, Yeah, you hit pause. Okay, So these are real fine because these are from Proper Crisps, our favorite brand of crisp. They're a limited edition. I knin'd of remember where I found them now, big cut, so that's their big chips. But they're called Kasundi ketchup. Yeah, I am gonna have to quickly look up Kasundi. I have heard of it. I feel like it's Indian. But have I made that up? Yeah? I probably have. I'll look it up. Hang on a say, oh, okay, exciting. Kasundi is the Bengali variety of mustard sauce or relish. That's exciting. And it should be a bold, grainy, textured mustard. So it's tomato mustard flavor. Oh I love it. Okay, I'll get him back, Dave. Oh this is very exciting, all right, Dave, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: A woman came to say hello, and her name was cursed, and I thought her name was person. I kept calling a person hello, person.
Speaker 2: I definitely am Okay. Now this is from our favorite brand of chips, prop Crisps. They've got a line extension. They've got a limited edition. They call it.
Speaker 1: It looks chickeny cheesy kind of Oh god, that's ye drunk smell, strong smell, stronk smell, garlicy, card of oniony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all those things are in it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what is that?
Speaker 2: I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: Oh A bit sweet, a little bit sweet.
Speaker 2: There's some sweetness there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it Indian?
Speaker 2: Yes? Bang, well done? What are you what are you feeling?
Speaker 1: It's not Papa don flavor. It's more a curry flavor.
Speaker 2: It's more like a condiment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: It's not I don't think you'll get it. Get out. I had to google Water's.
Speaker 1: Dave.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: I love because Casuni is like that. It's like a like a tomato. We kind of saw see thing that you get. Yeah, I bought before. I bought it in the jar. You're going to enjoy these Casundy ketchup. Cauni is like a ketchup.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like mustard. Apparently Casundi is musty.
Speaker 1: A little bit musty. Yeah, you're before.
Speaker 2: I'm right, because I looked it up. That's all I didn't know. Wow, I don't believe you got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I liked that's one of them.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: I'm not we don't have any in for that much. But I do like Indian they're good chips to the proper crisps.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, Jesus Christ, they're sitting in the bar either. How are we ever going to think of a flavor. I mean, that's a great flavor.
Speaker 1: They've come up ol brown. Yeah, we can't beat sundy because I've never that's a good fin. I've never seen a Candi.
Speaker 2: I'd never seen proper crisp doing one extensions either, because you know.
Speaker 1: Also with in Info, I often like all the all the size, like the raa. I like the bread, the man bread, the fruit.
Speaker 2: Nun, that's one with the coconut in it.
Speaker 1: That's when we would go to this buffet at the Langham in South Bank where they had a food poisoning scare. Anyway we went. We've been since. They have an Indian guy doing the bread and stuff and they have Cusindian stuff there.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of that egg bringlers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's good. It's good vegetarian food. Because my mother in law lived in India for a while and she said, yeah, they don't have much meat.
Speaker 2: No, it's the best. If I'm eating out with people. The best for me is to go Indian because there's always so many good vegetarian dishes.
Speaker 1: Well, I was with the other very famous vegan comics on Friday night at the San Rima Hotel and Vegan I'm a vegan and he had a peak hurry.
Speaker 2: It was really nice.
Speaker 1: Poor Holy sorry.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, now we're going to do some correspondence because we've had a lot because we're doing on such a break. Now, firstly, I'm going to offer you one of these, Dave. These were given to me at Tom shows no next week.
Speaker 1: Someone wants to know if they could bring lollies along for you. Of course, just put them on the stage.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what, just give them, give them to someone and they send them to me at the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone is the thing that people do. It's like Tom Jones the underpants is something.
Speaker 2: I don't throw them at me.
Speaker 1: They don't throw them at it.
Speaker 2: But these were left for me.
Speaker 1: Looks like a dried apricot to be honest.
Speaker 2: You know, they're ears. They're sour flavored ears and they're super sour. A lady left them for me in Canberra and I'm going to get the story wrong now, but she works peach. I was going to say with deaf kids, but it's probably not deaf kids, because that would just be rubbing it in their noses, wouldn't it to give them an ear?
Speaker 1: I love my ears.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe she's a speech therapist.
Speaker 1: No, they could.
Speaker 2: I mean I should have written it down.
Speaker 1: Is it peach?
Speaker 2: They're peach? But I think not bad. The sourness really helps the peach.
Speaker 1: I know we don't like peach. We know peaches and cream vomit, but that's not bad.
Speaker 2: That's good, isn't it? Take those home for Kitty.
Speaker 1: I've got a whole box tom here to spit out, dear Kitty. Oh, he's got a letter for each of us. Do want you a letter?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 1: I read Dear Dave, tom Here. I moved to Singapore in April last year, and I know you love and twisties and I thought and Kitty could try them. I hope you enjoy them and have some gross moments. I also love the show fisk from Tom.
Speaker 2: That's nice, well, Tom says to me, Dave, Dear Kitty, Tom Here, I moved to Singapore in April last year. I hope you can use these chips in your next episode for blind tests. I haven't tried these before and I plan to stay that way because they sound disgusting. I also love fisk from Tom. Thank you, Tom. Do you want to just try this spicy barbecue limited Edition? What's wrong with that? Tom? Why does that sound disgusting?
Speaker 1: And the tweet the twistes I've got at home that I will enjoy. Tom, there's we've done before. There's ketchup and okay.
Speaker 2: Why would I think that these chips would disgusting? Actually quite right? Horrible?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, maybe he knows. We'll go on your time and enjoy Singapore. Don't chewing gum.
Speaker 2: Here's still illegal over there, but it is is okay.
Speaker 1: When I went to the Lollly conference, and we'll be talking more about that next episode. I'm met a lovely person and her kids. You know, when you do gigs and there's two hundred people there, I find there's normally one or two junkie fans and that's it. And that's the same with this Loly conference. Even though they especialized lollies. There were two women, both didn't know each other, both big junkies. Maybe maybe it's like a busman's holiday. They don't want to talk about. But she said her in a.
Speaker 2: Family's a busman's holiday.
Speaker 1: It's like a busman doesn't want to go on a bus on a holiday because that's what they do for a job. Okay, so it's like you going to a holiday camp where you have to stand up or who.
Speaker 2: Does want to get a bus on holiday?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a very old saying. You cant that. The Nie family is Victoria from the The Contact Conference, Love your Show's. My favorite snacks include Smith's crickle cut original, this is the Woman, an old gold roast almond controversial. I know, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I'm coming around to dark chocolate. I'm trying to eat more of it because it will stop me from eating milk chocolate.
Speaker 1: Say hi to Kitty and the Glens from us.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Glens.
Speaker 1: Nine family from Yarraville.
Speaker 2: Well there's family assorted double dip and what's your Glenn's nickname? Oh, funny accent.
Speaker 1: Glenn, Glenn Swiss, glenw to Lorraine to Glenn.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's made didn't we work out it's made in the ste else.
Speaker 1: Now they're moving the factory to Slovenia, but they're still you can still buy the ones made in Switzerland.
Speaker 2: With the mountain in the what's the mountain that's on the Madalhorn, the matter horn. They've got to take that off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do have to take it off. Okay, so the kids have put a message Oka. Hi Dave, I bought these snacks when we were visiting the Junior Liquorice factory. That's I hope you enjoy We also you wouldsy Camber. Oh.
Speaker 2: I was about to say where's Juny because I feel like I just drove past it.
Speaker 1: You would have cheese twisties. I really like cheese twisties. Chimps and pepsi Max.
Speaker 2: Oh, good choices, not pepsi Max does pepsi? Just have pepsi with all of the sugar.
Speaker 1: I just had a Pepsi Max. That's my second choice after Diark code. Hi Dave, I'm Xavier. We like your podcasts and enjoy your This is the same family your humor. My favorite snacks are chicken crimpy and mars bars. I'm twelve years old.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's laid down. That's great, perfect sweet and salty combination.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: I could eat Mars Bar, followed by Chicken Crimpy just on rotation Kiddy approved.
Speaker 1: Dave, how many kids are there? I'm Spencer, I'm nine years old. Your podcasts are great. My favorite snack is a biscuit drumsticks.
Speaker 2: I haven't had one.
Speaker 1: Can you please give us a shower on your show?
Speaker 2: There it is, there is every single one of you.
Speaker 1: Got a shout out, Spencer, Xavier, Roger is Roger the dad.
Speaker 2: No, he was a kid called Roger.
Speaker 1: Any Pepsi Max drinking Pepsi Max. Anyway, the night family. There we go and it was lovely to meet you family, and she's given us honey flavored twist snacks.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in those chocolate factory. I can't believe I didn't get to the junior licorice factory. Okay, are we going to try these days?
Speaker 1: Were you just showing the caramel chocolate may contain nuts fruit? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can we try those tryney honey flavored twist snacks? They look good. Where did they come from?
Speaker 1: Oh, Dave, this is from the family.
Speaker 2: This isn't from Tom in Na Nana sweet.
Speaker 1: No, No, this is from this family. Then I foundly they're on the junior bag all right, Oh yeah, all right, like a twisty.
Speaker 2: Oh but they're funny. Oh they look like they've got sticky coating. Oh they're horrible.
Speaker 1: Maybe they word from Singapore. Oh, here we go, Here we go. Now we're talking.
Speaker 2: Oh they're from Korea. They're awful.
Speaker 1: Dark chocolate bananas.
Speaker 2: Yes, please?
Speaker 1: Is this a fake banana?
Speaker 2: Or no, it's got to be a lolly banana, hasn't it. Don't tell me it's a real bit of banana, or I'll be sick. Is that real banana? I'll get out. That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: But the organic's got some masking tape over it, like it was organic. Not anymore? What is that? I don't mind them all with them. I'll put that in the car.
Speaker 2: That's horrible. What even it?
Speaker 1: It's like a date.
Speaker 2: I can't taste any banana. All right, I've got some more correspondents. Kwa came to my whiteboard shows not once, not twice, I think four or five times, which is ridiculous because it.
Speaker 1: Sort of working on the same stuff. Yeah, you know, did you see it down the front?
Speaker 2: Just go No, I didn't see it because she spoke to Glenn double Dip, who was tool managing for me, and she said, I'm coming four times or five times, I can't remember and Glenn even Glenn went, why are you doing that? But anyway, thank you Carra. She gave me some snacks and she also gave me some homemade apricot jam, which I have eaten. It was delicious.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And then she sent you this which I opened and Glenn was furious with me. I didn't realize it was addressed to you. Oh wow, Glenn stopped me and she sent you a gift in the birthday.
Speaker 1: You're not old. You're a classic like Birdie Beetle.
Speaker 2: There's a mint patty Pattie inside.
Speaker 1: My friend Fleur enjoyed your show and me as well. Funny you know your roha? Oh yeah, I talk about your roa in I act. Do you Dave have birthday? Do you have your birthday? To you? Dave? Happy birthday to you. I hope you have a good time.
Speaker 2: You didn't get any jam, and the jam was good.
Speaker 1: I hope you like my junk miss junk food.
Speaker 2: And she also gave us some one Batpoo which was this sort of square bits of chocolate. But I'll bring those in for another episode.
Speaker 1: Only She's from euro because I do talk about Euroa. And she's put in a Midt Patties which is in Canberra. Yeah, that's on the way to Euroa. Sorry he rose on the way to Canberra.
Speaker 2: Sorry, she wasn't in Canberra. She was at gaswork speaker, Pardon, she was at Albert Park.
Speaker 1: She's probably escape Euroa and me and Patty, which I love and I never buy, so thank you very No me.
Speaker 2: Either, and so that's why I was really excited. And then Glenn snatched it and said that's not for you.
Speaker 1: That's Bertie Beetle car that very nice.
Speaker 2: Now I've got these. These look promising. These are gummy gators from Florida in Walmart. They were purchased in Walmart for Lauderdale, Florida, and they're from Donald Dasher. Donald Shane Dinnison one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he's got two names, but on the run. Yeah, maybe he's got a maybe that neck name Donald.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about this.
Speaker 2: Gummy gators.
Speaker 1: Gummy gators.
Speaker 2: Never had a gator, so he says, they're full of all the good stuff corn syrup, bees wax, palm oil, and unnatural colors.
Speaker 1: Your it's very American, isn't it kiddie struggling to open? I know she's got it.
Speaker 2: They are lurid colors all they're huge too, how very American. Oh my god, they're enormous.
Speaker 1: Several Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They're like pipe killer pythons.
Speaker 1: Oh not bad? Mmm, wow, you can.
Speaker 2: Put those in your car. I think they need to harden sort of half Harribo, half Allan. They're not They're neither.
Speaker 1: Are They not bad though, I don't mind that they're Okay, I'll put that in my car.
Speaker 2: Those flavors are definitely artificial.
Speaker 1: They're good singing like a slopey or well. I think that's the show that we've done.
Speaker 2: An alf kiddy there is for correspondence will be covered off all.
Speaker 1: Our correspondents think so. We'll be back next week.
Speaker 2: Thanks everyone for all the things that you've sent us on all the letters. It's it's very nice to get treaty treats after my show, so thank you for that. I appreciate it because I usually come off ravenous and I've never got anything having organized a writer, and then if someone sent me a bag of chips, I'm very happy about it. And for the apple and smoked butter something chips.
Speaker 1: And you don't want to stop, you know.
Speaker 2: And I would have brought them for blind test, but we've already done them. Yes, just incase she thought I was just eating something she sent for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Do you enjoyed that?
Speaker 2: I did enjoy them? Thank you.
Speaker 1: Next week, got a few bombshells from the Lolly conference.
Speaker 2: Ah, I'm very excited to hear a lot.
Speaker 1: The conference was out of this world.
Speaker 2: We've also got some biscuit line extensions that I think are quite mind blowing. Dave, just to tease to mind blowing good teas.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a lot of blowing minds next week. Yes, contact, Yeah, Victoria, that's right, who gave me all that stuff? They kids? Yeah, okay, we will return. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye to you.