Speaker 1: On two GB four BC and network stations. This is our Stranger overnight with my Jeffreys.
Speaker 2: Good morning here, it is Monday, well it's Monday, and a lot of places, not everywhere that we go to, but lots of places anyway. The plan is to be here for five and a half hours left seven and a half minutes, and I would like to encourage some discussion. That's what I do. Are You're welcome to send me a text if you want to do that. Zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. And I read them out well, mostly mostly if I'm running out of time. Sometimes I overlook them, but I do read them, but I just don't always have a time to read them on their But this time of the morning, we should be fine. If you want to send me a text. We can build up little backlock of those if you choose to do so. But I encourage people to ring and talk. You know, we can converse that way. I have been known to throw in my own two cents worth, but generally speaking, I'm interested in parading views and opinions. And if you have either of those and you want to call with it, give me a ring one three one eight seven three what to talk about? Do you want to talk about the Middle East? I'm looking at the courier mail tabloid headline here Don goes nuclear US forces bracing for retaliation after bold move by President. Do you want to talk about the president's move? I mean, we don't have to talk about that. We can talk about something near at home. I try and keep the discussion general, you know, because the program goes to different parts all over. But if you have an opinion on what's going on in the Middle East, of course you're welcome to call with it. But if you've got something else you want to discuss, you know me, I'm a servant of the people. I'll be guided by what people want to talk about. But as far as comment on what's happening and getting all the news coverage, I noted a couple of comments in the mainstream media. There's lots of comments in the alternative media as well, but certainly in the mainstream. He's an angry man, Shannon Cummings. He says, in part, a nation that once contributed blood and steel to the preservation of the West now offers only minerals. He's talking about the Australian government. Of course, He says, we sell lithium to the Chinese Communist Party by day, and by night beg Washington for protection from the monster we feed. Shannon says, this is not sovereignty, It's serfdom with delusions of grandeur, and history will not forget it. It will not forget that when Israel faced annihilation, Camber shows caution over clarity. It will remember that when the world needed allies, Australia offered ambiguity, that when the West needed strength, it got a sermon from Wong. Australia has become the whimpering cousin at the family table of civilization, reaping the benefits of bravery long past while resenting those who still bear the burden of action. What do you think he's another thought? Pressure will build on Albanesi to either back US action or explain why he doesn't. Will that work or do you think he'll just keep twisting and turning and saying not me, I didn't do it somebody else. See this one by Simon Benson says the lack of even implicit support from the alban Ezi GUPN for the US strikes on Around's nuclear facilities marks a further deterioration in the political relationship between Canberra and Washington. The deafening silence will doubtless be noticed by the Trump administration, but it will hardly surprise. Australia's foreign policy under the Albanese government appears to have collapsed to the point of serving little more than a domestic purpose, I think, and Simon doesn't go on any more detail on that, but I think that's a very telling observation. Collapse to the point of serving little more than a domestic purpose. See. One of the great cliches is all politics is local. Well yes, no, yeah, no, maybe, but yes, I think it's very much local. There are people here who, have no doubt, helped the Albanesi government to assume the position that they have after the recent election, and Penny and Elbow don't offend them. It's been suggested that the joint Australian and United States naval communications station, the Northwest Cape Facility, could and would have likely been involved in communications involving Tomahawk missile launchers from US submarines during the operation. Now I'll divert here from what Simon has to say, because I've been just reading him up till now. And ask, have you seen mister Shubridge in his comments, you know that we should well I'm paraphrasing, but he's saying we should totally disown what Donald Trump has done, de escalate and yeah, you know, people say war's awful. I don't disagree. The Great Civil War General William to comes. As Sherman said, war is cruelty. The best thing you can do is end it as quickly as you can. But if it comes to the point where another nation invades, what do you do? What do you do, mister Shubridge? Do you just surrender the real estate and learn a new language? Is that the answer? Anyway? I'm talking about it a Greeney here, and it's not necessarily. There are a lot to deal with the real world. However, I would hope that the two major parties, although we've got one major and one used to be a major party at the moment, that they would have more experience of the real world. But I think the reality is that they don't. I mean, I've been watching the Passing Parade for a while and spoken to a few players during that time, and it seems to me we are now at a point and this doesn't apply just to politics, but certainly to politics in this country that we have people who are good at playing internal politics, but when it comes to the real world, not much sign of any understanding there. You know, people who don't really know me have said that I'm a conservative. Conservative to me means sticking to the old ways. Now I don't really think that's me, but I do like to think that I'm a pragmatist. And if you're going to be a pragmatist in Australian government, who do you choose? As A G. Gankowski said on this program a few weeks ago, do you choose China or the US? Well, the people who represent US at these international conventions, you know, when they can get a meeting, which is noways the case, they are well, as a couple of commentators in the mainstream media have said, ambiguous at best. So anyway, what do you think you've got a view? Do you care about that or would you rather talk about something closer to home. I'm going to talk to Dr Marney later on about what's described as the bathroom divorce. You know, real real grassroots problems. When you're Darling leaves the bathroom in such a mess, we can talk about that. There's a couple of other things I've got in mind. I'll tell you what I did think was pretty good, and he's getting some plaudits for it, as they say in the media. Shadow Home Affairs Minister Andrew Hasty has been commended for his response to a heckler who interrupted his speech following US strikes and Iran. There's a lady with a head covering who was kind of shrieking something in the background. But he said, well, free countries, she's allowed to say what she likes. And well, when we say free, I mean free ish. But I thought he did that pretty well. You know, if you're going to go into public life, not everybody will agree with you, and sometimes the people who don't agree with you an't always polite about it. They can be quite rude food and their comments can be ill timed. But anyway, I thought Hasty dealt with it pretty well. But if you've got an observation you'd like to make, give me a ring one three one eight seven three or send me a text, or you can send me an email if you like. Just send it to Overnights at two GB dot com. Here's a comment from an anonymous individual who says Shuebridge is a moron with no understanding of geopolitics and the threats that could arise. Well, you could say that, and you did. Mix says good Morning, Assassin Morning Mick, Ruddy and Elbow's remarks about the Trumpster weren't forgotten by the President when the PM was snubbed at the G seven. Now, Albow says, Mick is showing how weak he is again. He must have secretly been happy when the meeting with Trump was called off. Yes, just verging from mixed comments, a lot of people seem to say that, you know, boy, he certainly did one when he didn't get the meeting with Trump, although supposedly then tried again. But that hasn't happened either, and it's all been overtaken by events. As they say. Uh, Mick says, I reckon he's scared of Trump. That's Mick from Winston Hills what he thinks. Tony says, Trump's own supporters like Owen's, Carlson and Bannon are calling bs on him starting a war and Iran. Trump broke his promise of no new wars. Well, you know, I don't be pedantic, but he didn't actually say no new wars. He said though, that America wouldn't get involved in any overseas wars. Uh. Fred has called in from Campbelltown. Good morning, Fred, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Is it morning already?
Speaker 2: Well it is here. What's the different time zone in Campbelltown? Is what you're saying. Fred?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, I'm fairly old, and I just can't understand what way the Western world it's like Donald Trump. They've condemned him in the courts saying that he both this fat and the other the West world are the only ones that have got to abide by these rules when Russia has clearly defined all rules there. Everybody else ignores what the rules.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, of course we have the situation with the UN, which, as you know, is as weak as you know what UH and Russia or China con veto. So, but the UN has always been useless as long as we've known them.
Speaker 3: Anyway, our government's not much bloody better.
Speaker 2: I didn't say our government was any better, Fred.
Speaker 3: Oh, listen, they may will join the opposition, because that's where we're heading.
Speaker 2: A lot of people said that, but they usually complain about the Liberal Party and say the Liberal Party is just labor light and we have the uni party system. That's what some people say. Other people say. People who say that are in the fringes, but it happens.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I'm not totally in favor of the Liberal Party altogether, because that's half the reason we shall our stuff off and paybe prices, you know, but where I'm certainly not.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the pathetic gas deals for the East Coast, that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all that.
Speaker 3: You want to get rid of the bloody Greens Party and then you then neither party will have anything to bloody stand on.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not the encouraging picture that you paint, Fred, but I understand why you might see it the way you done.
Speaker 3: On nearly eighty years of age. And I'm going through labor when labor was a good party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then then when was that? When did they stop being a good party labor? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Back in the early days, mate. I worked in the calm once years.
Speaker 2: Right, So what are you talking about? You're talking about the forties fifties to about GoF Whitlam. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I'm I was born just after the depression, yeah, and I've seen a lot of things happen, and we got the Greens Party there. Some of their ideas are all right, but this business of closed us down, shutting us down, We've got no power, no nothing.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense at any level. Fred. But I presume that there's something going on to which we are not privy, as they say that driving our ridiculous renewables approach, which hasn't worked anywhere else.
Speaker 3: Mate, we're already if you have a look how free we were back in the sixties and seventies. In the eighties, well, not so much the eighties, but we were free. We could walk down the street with a gun, you know, in hardware shop.
Speaker 2: You'd see people on the tram with the rifle. Apparently, yes, yeah, But I mean.
Speaker 3: I've got a farm and I can't even get a license for bloody gun to shoot the bloody animals. For the foxes are killing the sheep.
Speaker 2: I saw the premiere talking about that recently. He wants to free it up for professional hunters and make it attractive to them by having a bounty on you know, the feral foxes and goats and cats and all those things. Do you think that would work?
Speaker 3: The only trouble is, mate, there's a lot of people that weren't. Oh well, even people in Australia. They go up and they think they're in more War bloody three. They're shooting shooting birds o the threes and everything. You've got to have a decent You've got to know who's doing the shooting.
Speaker 2: You know who's got the gun, who's.
Speaker 3: Got the guns? Well, all the criminals have got the guns. Yeah, to protect myself with.
Speaker 2: Well, all those changes they made really only applied to the reasonably law abiding, which is so off in the case. Anyway, Fred, appreciate your call, have a good morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for having listening to me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Okay, bye, see your Fred. Uh John has called in from where did we decide? Cogger? Good John?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: Might I usually usually five I am every morning. I'm listening to you before photo gets on on there. But I'm just just off by memory. Just before we had the elections, new cir fales Chrismins came to the hospital up here at Saint George at eleven pm.
Speaker 2: In the night.
Speaker 7: I'm going to fix all this. I'm going to get more doctors, no more nurses, emergencies all hours and everything been sitting here five and a half hours on there, five and a half hours, and there's another twenty five people in front.
Speaker 8: There was an hour ago.
Speaker 2: Is that right? And so why are you waiting to see the doctor? John, I'm not waiting.
Speaker 7: I've brought somebody in with a crooked leg and that's that's That's how long I've been waiting outside. There's no way I'm going to wait inside with all the germs and everything on there. Mate, he came out here, he said, we're going to put more nurses, more doctors. So on eleven thirty in the night, he came out just to make a blood impression on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happens.
Speaker 7: Everyone said, it's worse, not nowhere near it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you know politicians promises promises, So he really hasn't mate, Yeah, Hello, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mike.
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean, I don't think it's just the only hospital. I mean all the others, the same thing on them, all the all the money it should be gone into more doctors, more nurses, watch them open, even open the some of the private ones. Let the private hospitals take some of the load up on their pay him on there. If he had five billion dollars to fork out for rose Hill race Course. I'm sure he could bloody use it for all that too, m hm.
Speaker 2: And deal with the more immediate issues.
Speaker 9: Five billion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well he was gonna fork out five billion dollars for that Rosehill race course remember a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, well he's a knock back. Presumably if he hadn't got the knock back, as you say, then it would have gone ahead. Yeah. Well, John, I hope this is your friend or a family member that you've taken to the hospital.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, friend on there like I mean nothing, what's the name? But you got to wait in the Yeah, have no choice on it. You can't just budge in and say, look, do my leg. Don't worry about the other thirty five people then yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Too many people, not enough services to provide adequate in this case healthcare. Yes, on there, so I understand John is there? Yeah?
Speaker 9: There would have went through a lot quicker, wouldn't I.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, if they had more doctors without applies to so many places as you say. Anyway, John, I hope you don't have to wait too much longer. But thank you for calling this morning.
Speaker 7: No worries, no worries, all of us.
Speaker 2: Take it easy. I suppose we should play some commercials, and is called in from tarn Point. Good morning, Anne.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 11: No, I don't know whether it's interesting to you past last Sunday night. You're talking on the phone to somebody, and I don't know what you're talking about. That you mentioned that the show Would I Lie to You?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 12: Do you remember that?
Speaker 11: And you watch it?
Speaker 5: Obviously you watch it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 11: That's one of my favorite shows because they're so clever. But you said to this person, it's canned laughter, and it's still a real audience.
Speaker 2: I don't notice it so much with Would I Lie to You. Where I really notice it is with the show that's on before it sometimes Q and I Q I q I or whatever it is. But I don't notice it so much with Would I Lie to You, Although sometimes I think they could mike the contributors a bit better. But I really enjoy that show because I don't know if I'm being naive, and but it looks to me like the people they get on really can add lib. And people who can add lib are the ones that impress me. There's some clever people that come out with prepared material, you know, like Dave Chappelle and Jimmy Carr and people like that. Well, although Jimmy Carr is a very good ad liber it's really he ad libs that impress me rather than the prepared material.
Speaker 10: Well, me too.
Speaker 11: They're so clever, Yeah, well, I mean David Mitchell, he's clever in a different way that Li Mac is very clever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 11: I've been watching The Chef that's up to season eighteen, and I know they have an audience because I've seen them. Sometimes I bring somebody out of the audience for some reason, it has happened.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know they have an audience. I've seen the audience. But no, yes, because I do watch it quite a lot. But the other one I think is worse for the cand laughter. But did I say that? Did I include what I lie to you and that comment about the caned laughter? Do I?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, she didn't.
Speaker 13: That's what you know.
Speaker 2: So what do you think? Do you think it sounds canned?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: I mean just because they've got a live audience doesn't mean to say they don't augment it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they could do that. But you know, did you see the one where lean back said he'd gone to Prince Terry's wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I can't remember what their punchline was. What was that about?
Speaker 11: Well, they did show well he said he's been invited to the wedding and the wedding was on that day. And then Rob Brydon says, well, audience is the wedding? Is the wedding on today? And the audience all said you, So I thought, well, I think it didn't seem like it was dubbed or anything. It seems so real. But I've also seen I've also seen it when I know, iscrotably boring to you, but i've seen it when they've dragged a woman under the audience or a few times, this particular one with she had this horrible bright cardigan or jumper or something and they're talking about a terrible taste in clothes. Will you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she was happy.
Speaker 11: To come on. It was It's a very clever show. But I just wanted to teach you right if you were wrong, But she probably won't that to me, it's not Kent, it's real.
Speaker 2: Well, they do have a real audience. I'll have to listen to it again to confirm whether I think it's it's overdone, but I do notice it, particularly on the other show, and I find it annoying, but I do enjoy that. Would I lie to you for the reasons I've just given? Yeah, well we can agree.
Speaker 15: On that evolution.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay.
Speaker 11: Then well I just thought I've been thinking about this all week, and well I really want to talk about it.
Speaker 10: It's probably too.
Speaker 11: Boy, no, no, if okay, then thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Thank you. An If people don't tell me where I'm going wrong, how will I ever grow? Helen's called in from Cale, good morning. How I'll tell you when you were Thank you, Helen.
Speaker 13: Oh that's all right, no problems. I was listening to that. I've the day's gone very quick. I've been interested in all of this thing with the bombing in Iran and just how clever it was. But it was interesting when over my head this stupid statement. It all went over my head, but it was interesting to listen to that general say how they did it, and it was just amazing. And the one thing that I did take in about it was the precision. No one knew about it, and just how fabulous and fabulously trained are their navy Army and Air Force and those big bombers, and the the bombers had the big bunker bomb of things in it that was going to go down in the mountain, that was refueled six times in the air, and then they had at a certain time three jet bombers had to follow it to make sure no one was going to hit that. Say to speak, but it was all but yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that in the vision following to look after it. But love it or hate it, or love it, love the whole thing. I hated that the main bomber is a spectacular piece of machinery.
Speaker 13: Oh god, do you know what. I just think that it was. I was just fascinated all day. But the thing that I got angry about was that. And we've seen it in the last couple of weeks about three or four times, where in you run and with that leader that and he's got all these worshipers and they're saying death to America and death to England. And I do believe that if they had a nuclear weapon, they would use it. And I just I do believe that. And I just think that you got all these countries and these people say, oh, oh, what'sn't that awful? Oh, it was just terrible. I thought, well, why don't you just what if they didn't do anything and then you were bombed.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's interesting that you got as much detail about the technicals of it, because I've been watching it for hours yesterday, and what I mainly seem to get was people commentating on whether or not Trump did the right thing and what's likely to occur now, where I was really interested in confirming the technical details, because those bombs you talk about, the first one supposedly can dig into the mountain to a depth of a bit over sixty meters. Then they attempt or succeed succeed I guess according to Donald Trump, they drop the next one in the same hole, so it'll go in another sixty meters. But of course, I mean, who do you believe in all this? Trump said, that was a perfectly executed exercise, and watch yourself. I will do even worse. But then of course the Iranians are saying, oh, it wasn't a big deal really, But I don't know. I would just like to see some confirmation. I don't know how you get it, but some real confirmation of exactly what went on and the main one did they actually wipe it out totally. But as for what they would do with the bomber, I think, you know, the extremists there who follow the Ayatollah with their medieval value system. I mean, they're pretty much death cultren't they'd be happy bomb the rest of the world, even if it meant they wipe themselves out so they could go to paradise.
Speaker 13: Yes, well, that's right, and I think they would use it. And I was just fascinated with this general. As I said, a lot of it did go over my head, but I was surprised what I.
Speaker 12: Did pick up about it.
Speaker 13: But they had six of those big bombs. They six. Yeah, I just and I feel sorry for the Israel we've got. I can't stand our government here. The last three years have been this country is so we don't have anything about anything. We're really just on the edge of becoming Third world to a large degree, and we've got Shuebridge and all these rap bags saying stupid things. But I don't know, it just leaves me, leaves me speechless. He hasn't opened his mouth this Alban easy.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think Albo acquitted himself well in the previous election because he obviously had a smart team behind him. First of all, Albow knows how to play the internal politics and what I've heard over the years, he's been doing that for a long time and that's got him into the position where he is. But the team behind him, I thought a lot of what they did was really basic, and I was surprised that people ate it up the way they did. But then the opposition, the Coalition was so pathetic in so many ways.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, no, they were pathetic. But I've never liked him. I think he's a weak man and we're getting worse and worse and worse, and honestly, can you imagine where we're going to be in another three or six years. I don't know how we can get rid of them. We got rid of Wickram. I don't know why we can't.
Speaker 10: Get rid of this bloke.
Speaker 13: Because they're destroying our energy and our electricity.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, it's just ridiculous what they're doing there. But uh, you know, he did he did do well during the campaign. I must say I was interested because my immediate visceral, as they say, reaction when I first saw Albot get the gig being head of the party was the same as Tucker Carlson's. Did you know Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 13: Said, Oh, yes, I know he.
Speaker 2: Said this little spiv.
Speaker 13: Hmm, yeah, that's that's exactly right. And why would Trump want to talk to him? I mean, why, of good serve would anybody want to talk to him? I just don't get it. And what did he do anyway? Show a little grain card? I mean, what a tweet?
Speaker 2: But it worked for them that, you know, the really blunt advertising and the big money giveaway really worked for them.
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 2: I know. Also, I know I understand exploiting the system too, because you know, the first preference votes were only thirty four percent, but with the preferential system, there he is.
Speaker 13: And I know, dear, I don't know. Anyway, it was all interesting in the day, Flew. I found it interesting already.
Speaker 2: Thank you, helly bye bye. Dennis from Maruba has sent me an email morning. Dennis says, I think Lee mack of would I lie to you and others as the fastest comedian marine on the planet on your mic? Yeah, thank you Dennis. He is. He's very good and the guy that leads the opposing teams. I saw him doing an acting job the other day and he's quite different. But they're both very good. But Lee Mack's hosting something else, isn't he And he also does acting work as well, So it's interesting to me that he can be an actor and also apparently ad lib the way he does. Yeah, I like to watch that show. I think it's very impressive with what they did. Steve from Capalaba says Mike. I think Albow will squirm in the gray area of ambiguity, the gray area of ambiguity, as long as he can. But Trump's in office for the next four years and Albow can't hide that long. The US must be losing patients with Australia being on the wrong side of their foreign policy in Western values. I think Orcus is in dire straits, says Steve, and our failure to be a reliable ally has not gone unnoticed. We're on thin ice, That's how Steve sees it. Now. I actually found an opposing view here. Oh yeah, here we go. Maria says, well, Mike, you can thank the genocidal state of Israel for reigniting this all over again, same playbook as before, just like with Iraq and the fabricated WMDs that led to a forever war where so many people like their lives. What a terrible mistake, says Maria. Anyway, if you've got a view, you're welcome to put it. You can give me a ring or send me a text. Now we decided to go to Chris from laylog. Good morning Chris.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Mike, Tucker Carson, who gives you I'm here his name coming.
Speaker 9: Up a lot.
Speaker 2: Tucker Carlson, you've never seen. He was the big drawer card on Fox, had enormous viewership, enormous ratings. But there are various stories about why they gave him the sack. There were stories about him going as part of a settlement to somebody who sued them for millions or billions or whatever it was. But anyway, it was an interesting story, particularly with normal American values, because the guy did have such big viewership. But he's gone, but he's still in demand to make comment and I think he runs a podcast something that he was out. He was out here in this country. I didn't see him. Midell Tommy, he went to see him.
Speaker 15: Look, he's like most of the others over on American media. I've got no time for them. I think they're just heightened spinner fake news. And the big one was that one who who came over here with a plane with full of her supporters. Look, I really don't have time for these people. I don't think they contribute anything other than the entertainment. And in regards to what your previous call of thought said about what's happened now, I don't think it's going to be the same as what happened in Iraq or in Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: But look, what do you think is going to happen? Chris? What do you what do you foresee?
Speaker 15: I leave that for a bit later maybe, But look.
Speaker 2: Chris, Chris, Chris, you're going to have to we've had this discussion. You need to finish your sentences and make it clear what you're talking about, because you have this but of saying what about so and so? You raised the idea, but then you don't go through with whatever it is that makes you as bad as well some of the politicians.
Speaker 15: I can go through with whatever I say if someone wants me to go back on to that, all right, So that's not an issue. Look, I've got a couple of points.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 2: You just did it again.
Speaker 15: I'm not going to have the time to go through everything, and it's a bit frustrating trying to say what I want to say and make my points learn. But look, I'll give it another shot of you. Now, I think that I heard what a previous call has said about that general. He gave a fairy detailed explanation for all that was said during the day from the rest of the news media. There was nothing there but what the general said. He got into it and gave a description of how it happened. But they basically they got in there, they bombed the place before Iran knew what was happening. Was pretty good. Now, what I also heard was you made some mention of Andrew Hasty. Yes, I'm just wondering how did Heckler know what he was going to talk about to heckle him? How would you know where he was and what he was going to I'm just wondering whether she'd been set up by label, she's paid by labor, anything going passed him. What do you reckon?
Speaker 2: Well, that hadn't occurred to me. I just thought that she was somebody who turned up at the meeting. I don't know how she heard about it, what she was expecting. You thought she was a labor stooge. Do you think she was that organized?
Speaker 15: I don't know. I knew what she was saying. She was interrupting what Andrew was saying. And you Hasten made a bit more political experience to handle these people, to talk to many interviews. I wanted to hear the questions from the media because I feel the media today in Australia a week but I couldn't hear the question because I have that woman, you know, yeah, yeah, over the top of them. And I did hear Andrew Hasty's response, But to me, I don't think. I don't have an issue with what he said. I don't have an issue with what Susan Lee said. What I have an issue with is what Alba and Juan didn't say. Okay, they've avoided saying anything about this for some reason, but well I know the reason. I just suspect I know the reason. But to me, you who are with He says that Alba doesn't even know what urr an ally is. He talks about it, but he doesn't understand it. I think he's been indoculated too much by by the Communist Party. But look to me for someone who's spent a lifetime in politics. I'm saying this openly now. Albat is such a fool. He doesn't know what he's talking about. He's never got to feel good to say about about America. But he's trying to hide that, and I don't like it. Just come out straight who you are, what you are, what you want to say, and get it out there.
Speaker 2: Yes, that'd be good. Yes, if only people would do that. Yeah, you get to the point, follow through on what they say. Yes, No, that'd be great. I agree. All right, Chris. Thanks. Let me talk to Jack from Campbelltown Morning Jack.
Speaker 8: Mike, Yeah, what are you working about that?
Speaker 3: I an thing?
Speaker 8: Does that not? Remember? You are the weapons of mass destructions?
Speaker 2: You know you think it's like that.
Speaker 8: Well, don't you think so? You're an intelligent guy.
Speaker 2: I honestly, I honestly don't know. But I can only go on you know, what's available to everybody else. I don't have any special insight. As I said, I'm curious about whether it was as effective as Trump says it was. A lot of people think it was the right thing to do. Other people don't think it was. They're like you, they say, what about weapons of mass destruction.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, I mean there are no effects. You know that I that I had the atomic bomb, were working on it the same thing like before. You know, it's all of a peat like history repeats themselves.
Speaker 2: Well not entirely. I mean somebody on my screens making a point which I've already read that apparently to use nuclear power for peaceful means you only need to enrich whatever you're using to three percent, whereas they enriched it to sixty percent. So they're getting pretty close to bomb stag.
Speaker 8: I know that might Now this bump which I used, I used it in Afghanistan. Don't you remember that there was bombing you know, the Talibans.
Speaker 2: The bunker buster. Oh yeah, yeah, yes, it got somebody in their hiding place, didn't I remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well there's the caves of the Taliban to see, it's all of the teath. Now, look, what would you say if India, by examples, but invade Australia and the exclus with the only living space for their people, who they got millions of Indians there. So that there is a law, Okay, I have to obey the law, you know, international law. They can't simply invade countries so bombs law.
Speaker 2: Will you say that they've done it? And you know the international law seems to be as weak as as for Indians invading Australia. I mean they've they've already got quite a few of them over here. And now Jack, no question. Listen. I appreciate your call, but I'm going to have to go. But thank you for ringing. Good night, bye bye, good morning. We will have some news for you in twenty eight seconds. What can I read, Sue says, I might. Albo and Wong have never liked Israel and have always supported Palestine. Not surprised Albo will not back to the US, as he would be upsetting his voters, says Sue. Back to politics are always locals.
Speaker 1: Now on two GB for BC and network stations. Go back to our straight here overnight we'll find Jeffries.
Speaker 2: Yes, good morning. See here's a comment. If a ran nuclear ambition Irans, I guess that you'd read nuclear ambitions are peaceful. Why has it enriched uranium to sixty percent when it only needs to be three percent for peaceful purposes? As I mentioned, Why and this is something I didn't mention. That's a good point. Why does it have an Enrichmond facility under a mountain if it has nothing to hide. Yes, I think that's a courgent comment, because it'll be a lot cheaper to just have it in the building up top, wouldn't it. Ian on something different, says hey Luke. No, no, no, Luke does weekends these days? Possible topic news dot com dot Au photographer Dominic O'Brien assaulted and has died in Footscraye, allegedly by a man arrest did as part of a group of two hundred immigration detainees released from long term detention by the High Court. Regards Ian. Yes, look, I did see that story. With our system, I guess you would know. There's a limited amount of comment that we can allow on it. Otherwise we'll have some embarraster standing up saying that we compromised his clients right to a fair trial. But yeah, guy was wearing an ankle bracelet for all the good it did apparently allegedly. Anyway, we can talk about that more when it goes to court. Beverly, says Halimich. As I listened stunned at the complex planning and execution of the massive strike on the dangerous around nuclear sites. I felt so embarrassed by the pathetic response of our government and thought, thank god, the US is on our side regards BEV. Yes, they are on our side. Let's hope that they're one hundred and ten percent on our side. Kim's called in from Brisbane. Good morning, Kim.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Mike, I just worry about will the US continued to be on our side with Albow in charge. I don't know who would have breathed a bigger sigh of relief when they didn't meet each other. Would have been Albow or Trump? Because Trump obviously is so disgusted in alban Easy. He's on video with a microphone running down Goom parton me Donald Trump and totally humiliating Donald Trump. I mean, he just acted embarrassing like a child will.
Speaker 2: Childlike maybe that's his appeal.
Speaker 16: Do you think there's no appeal? I just shake my head when you or someone else says he's appealing. No, No, I don't think so. Well, not on any level.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people preferred him to the Oppositions front man.
Speaker 16: Well, when you talk about a lot of people, I didn't. It's a fact that the Labor Party got in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't.
Speaker 16: Part of me on thirty three percent.
Speaker 2: Of the vote thirty four in a bit.
Speaker 16: Sorry, okay, thirty four percent. So either we've got a very bad voting system, yeah, or or it's reagd allegedly it's reaked.
Speaker 2: Well it's not. It's not rigged. Rig but the smarties know how to play the system, how to play the preferential system.
Speaker 16: Yeah, And it's not right. And these independents never stay independent. They will suck up to the one they want to give their vote to.
Speaker 2: Or on the other hand, we have people getting elected on a party platform and then they say, guess what, I don't believe in what they have to offer anymore, but I still want to stay in parliament for another few years, thank you exactly.
Speaker 16: They ride on the backs of particular parties and once they get in they they do whatever they want to do it. Yes, can I just agree with Helen from Kabulta and everything she had to say about albans in how weak he is. That's why I do think we're on pretty shaky ground. And I don't think particularly wants to meet alban Easy face to face and waste his time with him, and he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't seem to be going out of his way to do.
Speaker 16: It, does he No, An Alban Easy would rather probably not meet him. I just don't know why they can't just have a link up if there is to be a meeting.
Speaker 2: Well, they have spoken on the phone, haven't they.
Speaker 16: But I'm talking about a face to face link up with you can do it on computers.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right. A zoom meeting, yes, a.
Speaker 16: Zoom meeting, yes, you can have one of them.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And just with the attacks the what happened in Iran, was there any civilians that were killed, Mike, I think.
Speaker 2: There would be. I think there were. Look, I don't know the numbers. I haven't seen any numbers on that, but I guess there would have been here.
Speaker 16: Yes, yes, I don't think I've mentioned that, But correct me if I'm wrong, and I possibly could be that. Hasn't Iran been saying for years and years they plan on they have nuclear weapons to bomb the United States?
Speaker 2: Well, I think some of them have been saying, you know, they have to rid the world of the unbelievers or what's that effect, because they are the extremest end of that particular what you always say, religion, thought process culture. Yeah, so they think like that and they have done since nineteen seventy nine when the iotolerance his crowd got in. And of course that's an interesting part of the whole business. How many people in Iran do want regime change, And of course it's been pointed out, I've been watching this all afternoon, how very brutal the present regime is if anybody tries to go against what the government tells them that they must do. So. As far as the nuclear weapons, look, I'm inclined to think that I did mention it earlier that their view is they would use nuclear weapons if they could, even if it meant they wiped themselves out, because it's that, you know, death cult side of that particular school of thought.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but in saying that, I agree with you, Mike insime that also, I think it's damn shame that these people in charge of countries can't make the oshe and talk rather than just think let's have a war.
Speaker 2: Oh, we all think that, But then what are you going to do? You know, if they start invading. It's a bit late for talk, then, isn't it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's side of it too.
Speaker 2: See Subridge, is there saying you can't bomb your way to peace. Actually, mister subridge. That wasn't the lesson from World War Two, as I recall, it was the bombing that brought about the end of it. It finally persuade well, not all the Japanese, but the Japanese in charge said it's over. But there were isolated areas where some of the Japanese kept on fighting.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Well, can I just say, reminds me of a friend. She has since passed away. She'd be about partly about ninety two now. She was still alive. She was a prisoner of war. She was from Holland, and her and a family were a prisoner of war that had gone to Indonesia because her father.
Speaker 8: Had worked there.
Speaker 16: But they were caught as prisoners by the Japanese. And I remember when I met her about thirty years ago, she said to me it was a good thing that Japan bombed Hawaii because that's when the Americans stepped in and it was the Americans that saved her and a family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, well there are lots of stories about how that all happened too, but I can understand her thinking that way. All right, Kim, thanks for calling you bye. Maria has called in from West Bride. Good morning, Maria, Oh, good morning.
Speaker 12: I'm going to try and maintain some try and remain a little bit calm, but I'm feeling extremely frustrated listening to the callers, and I'm glad that, you know, I'm hearing some stuff that a lot of Australians believe is the case. But I do really want to say this that what happened with that bombing, I just want to say that that was completely illegal.
Speaker 8: It was a.
Speaker 12: Violation of international law. It was a violation of the Yun Charter, it was a violation of the Non Proliferation Treaty and a violation of the US Constitution, which does not give Trump the right to start a war without congressional approval. I mean, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Do you see Trump starting this one? Do you think Trump started a war here?
Speaker 12: I believe Trump is definitely know what I believe is Israeli. Israel is trying and has managed successfully to pull him in and has absolutely pulled him in as he has done before with the Iraq war, with the Afghanistan war. This is all a plan. I just want to see what you think about that, because you're I really respect you on this talk back.
Speaker 18: Channel.
Speaker 12: So I want to hear what you think about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I suppose I could address a piece by piece. But if you're looking at the big picture, which is I think what you're getting to did Trump do the right thing? You can take a position that it was right to do what he did to forestall what Iran might have been up to. But then, of course you go back to the weapons of mass destruction. What I would like to know, before totally involving myself in your argument, is exactly what happened. Did he wipe out what was the main one for it? Out right? Did he totally wipe out the main nuclear installation? I'm just curious to find out more than that. I'm going to talk by the way, I'm going to talk to a straight you know, I mean when I say straight journal I mean a journalist, not a commentator. I'm going to talk to a journalist later in the morning, because by then we might have learned some more and I'll be interested to see what he has to say about it. But to find out exactly the result of this is going to be pretty tricky, isn't it, Because who's going to tell us the absolute truth?
Speaker 12: You're right, I hear that but what is going on? I mean, America is our ally, what is going on with all this illegal stuff that Trump is doing? I mean, what is he thinking? What credibility does this man have anymore? And I also want to say, Israel is also the holder of nuclear weapons, illegally has weapons. They don't want to be checked by agencies. They don't want to be checked by the IAEA. They don't want to be checked by any of those agencies.
Speaker 5: But Iran has.
Speaker 12: Has has gone through all the checks and has so far abided by what is the I don't know how they word it, but has passed the checks. This is Israel feeling they just want to pull the US in here. And I just don't understand why people don't understand that. I just don't get it. Iran and they. And the other thing is Iran is the only country that has some power to support the Palestinian cause. Cause that's going on, and I feel so angry and upset about it. Okay, but I just have to say that's all indeed.
Speaker 2: But see what you're saying. I fancy myself as a pragmatist right now. I think the UN is as weak as I can give you examples going way back. So ultimately, what does it come down to? You know, it's money and guns rule world. That's what book Dylan said, and I think that's probably correct as far as Israel is concerned. Their view, it's pretty obvious, I think, is if we don't wipe them out, they'll only get you know, they'll take time out and they'll come back and they'll do it all again, because it's unlikely to be ever settled. So what do you say about that? I mean, what's the alternative here?
Speaker 12: But there's no evidence that they're going to wipe anybody out. What I can see them wiping people out, That's what I can see. No, that's what I keep seeing on the TV, on my social media streams. There's a genocide going on over there. Does anybody know or care about that?
Speaker 18: Well, I mean I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: Look, you know, as I say, I'm interested in what people have to say. But I can just hear people now getting ready to say, well, if they wanted to take the temperature down a bit, why not return the hostages?
Speaker 12: Okay, this is Look, Mike, I don't believe this is about the hostages. Honestly, I believe that they have so such precision that they were able to go and wipe out those scientists and the government in Iran precition precision targeting. And you're telling me they can't find their hostages in power style. I mean, that's the best intelligence in the world.
Speaker 2: What do you think they could get the Israelis could get the hostages back if they really wanted to.
Speaker 12: Well, the intelligence they have is the best in the world.
Speaker 2: Okay. There's a couple of people commenting about you, but anyway, okay.
Speaker 12: And that's fine, and I'm expecting, but I just want to bring another side of the narrative. I'm hearing one side and I just want to put my side across.
Speaker 2: I think doing that listening, Yeah all right, but I'm just saying I think you had a pretty good girl putting your side across, don't you.
Speaker 12: I do? And thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just need to check that out.
Speaker 12: And also just one other thing, Benjamin Nett and Yahoo Is has been charged with war crimes by the International Criminal Court, and I just want to put that out there as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Maria. Bye. Chris has called in from lily Field. Hello, Chris, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, sir. I am just staggered, and unfortunately, at my age, that's not a good idea.
Speaker 2: You're not terminally staggered, are you, Chris?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: Thank good? No, I stagger around it because break my neck in the back and all sorts of body that.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's just.
Speaker 4: One of the things that you deal with when you get older and climb ladders. Anyway, I'm just staggered at the number of people who don't seem to have read or understand history at all. And we're hearing some of these people on the radio unfortunately, and what I just heard just very recently has so many untruths in it that you start to wonder about the sanity. And then you wait a minute, how did Albanezy get elected? Oh that's right. A certain gentleman who is under his control went zooming around the country just before the election, enrolling people to vote all across our country, spending my money, my tax money, flying all over the place saying look, guys, you can vote now. Look here, I'm going to enroll you as an Australian. That's probably half of where they got that vote. Wonder that happened. Anybody with any excell sense and any IQ above thirty would start to understand that the Albanezi government is not out for anybody but the people who want their hand out to be given something for free, which means it costs the rest of us something because we've got to give them our things. That's bad enough. Now, if we go back to history, I have been involved with people who understand the background and who have voted to help with money to keep Israel going since nineteen forty eight when it started. And at that time there were no Palestinians there. The Palestinians have not lived there before because it was a bloody desert. They did nothing to make anything any better. The Jewish people came in on that particular chunk of land that they were available to be given, and at that time they said, we're going to do something with this country. We're not just going to sit here in the desert and thank the Lord that we've been given this plot of land. Now they've been there now for thousands of years, it's not just recently, and so if you go back in history you'll find that this is true. And secondly, they said, well, all right, if we've got to live here, and it's a fairly sparse sort of stuff, we've got here, why don't we make something of it, which they did, and they've also helped the people who have come towards that region, knowing that there is something good called Israel just up over there on the border which is now a border, but it wasn't then, and they'd said, okay, well we'll join them, and a lot of Palestinians live quite comfortably as Moslims in amongst the Jewish people. But there are others who said no. And then Iran. Of course, I was in America at the time when Iran took hostages out of the American embassy and threatened to kill them all. Right then and there.
Speaker 2: There was during Carter's time, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. Jimmy Carter said, well, what the hell are we going to do? And he went once and failed. Then he said, we're going to have to get the military to go in there and take things out and take over to try to get our people back, which he did successfully. Now that man who was just installed in nineteen seven, By the.
Speaker 2: Way, just on that score, didn't people at the time say it was the threat of Reagan coming in that made them finally decide to play ball.
Speaker 4: Yes, And what's more, Reagan got tougher than that with the Russians. I don't know whether you remember that, but Reagan said, essentially to the Russians, look, if you don't back off, I'm going to put something up there in the sky that's going to come over you, and you're risk losing every bloody thing you've got. And sure enough, the Russians said, hmm, is he true? Is he real? What do we know? What do we know? Well?
Speaker 2: I think the difference was they believed that Reagan would do what he said, whereas with Carter they figured Carda wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Carter was so weak, and they thought, well, gosh, if they change and this guy gets to be tougher and we can't block him the way we did Carter, maybe we're in for a problem. So I thought, I really thought that Reagan did a great deal of good for the country. The country was running down and it had it had miles of stores of stuff that people couldn't buy, and Reagan came in and said, enough of this storing stuff. We've got to get rid of all this rubbish and stop producing so much that we can't sell it all. Tomorrow. We need everything going from day to day to day to day, and we just keep on rolling along. And sure enough, the economy boomed while he was there, and all of us looked at it and said, really, this is guy just this has got the film start.
Speaker 7: What is he?
Speaker 4: What does he know that he did? Anyway, then we get back to now and where the uh, this country called Iran is now being looked at and has been for all that time since Jimmy Carter. It's been looked at as a country which wants to wage war on the Israelis and on anyone who is white and anybody who is not of their religion.
Speaker 2: The believers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the leader I'm sorry about, Yes, the Iyotolah. And unfortunately his theories and massacres, by the way, are not exactly unknown. He is very very strong in his wishes and desires and that they be kept. Oh, yes, and that's happening today.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, so people who talk about regime change say that's all very well, but the regime is so brutal with anybody who there is showing any sign of being opposed to them, that I don't know what the regime change is going to happen. But then I guess nobody does at this stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I guess we're going to.
Speaker 2: I guess we are all right. Well, thank you, Chris, Bye bye bye. Take it easy. Let me see, let's go to Steve from Cairn this morning. Steve, Good morning, Mike.
Speaker 19: I listened to a caller a minute ago, and I want to congratulate you on having Men's A members ringing you at one o'clock in the morning. Someone to say that they're fully conversant with the American constitution and they know that what America did was illegal under their constitution.
Speaker 2: But it's not just them saying it. I mean that's out there in the mainstream as well. People who are supposedly in positions of authority are saying it.
Speaker 19: Oh I really, I thought this person was actually a judge of the International Court of Justice masquerading at someone from north right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, I was shocked. Does that happen? Okay?
Speaker 19: Can I just ask you a question. When I grew up, we refer to nuclear weapons as adam bomb. So when did they transition to not being called Adam bombs anymore and being called nuclear weapons?
Speaker 2: I don't know. And also there's the hydrogen bomb too, that that's snuck in there. I don't know. I mean, with these language things, I suppose I could ask Cal Richards, he studies language. But yeah, Adam, bomb's maybe nuclear sounded less threatening when you talked about using it for peaceful purposes. I'm not sure. But now it's as threatening as ever, I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 19: Well, yeah, a nuclear weapon in an atom bomb, and he's threatening. And if someone's trying to build one, whoever wants to take it out, good on. It might support that person, right, you know, I think what Trump did was probably save the world from a lot of problems.
Speaker 2: Well a lot of people, of course that you know, what he did there is what was necessary in the interests of the Western world. Yes, it's not only the Western world.
Speaker 19: Name the Arab country that stood up and said how dairy? Not too many, how I'm talking against it?
Speaker 9: They very very few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the point. That's the point.
Speaker 19: Yes, And they're not members of the Western world, are they? And not even Pakistan.
Speaker 2: Pakistan wants to give them a Nobel prize, don't they.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Well, you know, I think you'll find, you know, quietly, behind the scenes, a lot of countries are saying, good on you're Donald, you know, well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 19: There's not too many people cheering on the mad mullers of what you run, are they?
Speaker 2: But the ones there are, you know, they're pretty determined and devoted. Or maybe it's maybe it's just in their short term interests to be that way.
Speaker 19: Well, you know, in Reagan's days, Mad used to me refer to as mutually assured destruction. That's right, Well, that's the way where the mad mulla comes from.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I don't know. I mean I've alluded to this a couple of times this morning. I don't know if the mutually assured destruction would stop the eye at Toller, would it? No, No, it wouldn't. Yeah, a thank you, todeve Thanke. You see, why do they call it a nuclear weapon? Okay, this is what we found. The terminology has evolved for a more accurate and comprehensive description of these weapons. Here's why nuclear weapons is now the preferred term broader scope. The therm atomic bomb or a bomb specifically refers to weapons that derive their explosive force solely from nuclear fission reactions. These are the types of bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki inclusion of fusion weapons. After World War II, the development of hydrogen bombs or h bombs significantly changed the landscape of nuclear armaments. These weapons, also known as thermonuclear weapons, utilize both nuclear fissions to initiate the reaction, and nuclear fusion, which releases far more energy nuclear encompasses both. The term nuclear weapon is more general and accurate umbrella term that covers both fission atomic bombs and fission fusion thermonuclear hydrogen bombs, as they all harness the immense energy released from the nucleus of an atom. In essence, atomic bomb describes a specific type of nuclear weapon, while nuclear weapon is the broader category that includes all devices relying on nuclear reactions fission, fusion, or combination for their destructive power. There you go, There you go. Kell Eat your heart out. What about? Neutron bomb? Also known as enhanced radiation weapon ERW, was developed but ultimately retired by the US. While initially intended for battlefield use, concerns about its tactical effectiveness and the potential to lower the threshold for nuclear conflict led to its discontinua. Production of these weapons ceased in the nineteen eighties, and the warheads were eventually withdrawn and dismantled. The neutron bomb type of thermonuclear weapons designed to maximize the release of neutron radiation while minimizing blast and heat effects is so remember them talking about it, and I think the idea was you could kill the soldiers without destroying the buildings. M joy, thank you for the kind words, Susan says, Chris is always a voice of reason. Thank goodness. And then there's two emojis, a thumbs up and a smiley. I think that's right, those smiling emojis. Sometimes they're laughing at you. Think about text. You don't always get the tone, you know, I mean, are you being literal or ironic? It's harder to tell with emojis, or for me, I'm not really that conversant with emogis. Maybe maybe I'm missing some nuance here. Let me talk to Nicole from Rockhampton. Good morning, Nicole, Good morning.
Speaker 18: I can't believe I'm listening at one point thirty in the morning, and I'm just what.
Speaker 2: Would you what would you else? What else would you be doing at this hour of the morning. I'm shocked.
Speaker 18: Oh, probably sleeping, but I've been following this for some time now and listening to Maria from North Ride in relation to Palestine, and has she not heard of David in golife. Go back in history. Let's go back in history. There is no genocide happening in Palestine. Iran has funded terrorism all over the Middle East with proxy Hamas, Hezbollah, the hooties. They're the ones who are causing all the all the damage, you know, the poor people who were stolen from Israel and killed and raped and you know, murdered. We need to go back and realize where this all started. And then we have all these people in Sydney covering their faces, you know, praising terrorism. I just can't believe where this country is headed. It's just disgraceful.
Speaker 2: I think it's true that some of the people, particularly you need people, those kind of individuals really aren't the full bottle as they say on what they're actually supporting them.
Speaker 18: People should be more educated on this topic. They've just they listen to social media, they look at all the propaganda and they jump on their own bandwagons, but they don't really understand behind all of this. There's a reason this has been going on for centuries and just her other common in relation to around being compliant with the nuclear program. Absolutely not three decades. They've been doing this for and for three decades have been threatened to blow them up. But Trump had the guts to do it, and good on him. He may have saved the Western world because it's exactly what they were going to do was put nuclear arms strutting to Israel, wipe them off the face of the planet, and wipe every other Western country off the face to the planet. That was their threat all the time. So we need to be you know, we all want world peace. We all want world peace.
Speaker 2: But the way this.
Speaker 18: Country is so divided between you know, left ring right wing, why can't we always get along and be educated on topics before we jump on the radio and start shooting off misinformation. This is why we have so many young people on the streets protesting, and I don't know what they're protesting about. I have no idea. It just looks good at the time. So it's just very frustrating. And I do come from a background where I know what I'm talking about, which I won't disclose, but you know, I'm just really watching this unfold and it infuriates me. And good on Israel. You know they're resilient. They're so resilient, all right.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you going to Carl. Thank you for ringing in.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Welcome by Gary is from Brisbane. Good morning Gary, Oh, good morning.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 6: Chris is a very educated man. I used to work for a commandor who ended up becoming rear around them all and ended up being the Governor of New South Wales, Dave Martin. And he told me he was involved with the Monty Bellot tests and he's on the ship type of thing. I think he ended up dying in Messo Feenie Amia or a nice bloke. But the thing is Donald Trump has been very much aligned by the lefties in this country. He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, and they put the sword into him.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 6: I was talking to a mate of mine, I say, with mered Island, which overlooks who used to work at NASA, which overlooks Cape Ken of the Cape Canaveral and all that sort of stuff. I've been out to NASA and he told me when I was talking can more the news, Gary, that have set the stealth bobbers have to refilm because they're fully loaded and have to refilm in the air and land. And I spect the Benny on the aw and it's just having you know that. I said, well, I know it. Surely you must have the access to your screen there to say what's happening. And he couldn't answer me. You are yeah, I told him before. Then all of a sudden it's happened. But the major thing we got in this country is brainwashing in doctrination too much to the left. There's no set of thing anymore. Why lay father is.
Speaker 2: Not what anymore? Sentencing? Did you say what they do here?
Speaker 6: There's a lot of brainwashing indoctrination to the left. They don't most of them young people. You're probably the same as me, a baby boomer. You mentioned you were in Canberra when the Raiders got started obviously two I was a noble ticket old.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that I was there when they got started off. I was in Canberra though, from two thousand to about twenty eleven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was there when I was Manari playing Ilwara and the writer has got style combination of Group eight in Group sixteen. I used to play for Group sixteen.
Speaker 2: You know, you know it's Manero.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Manero.
Speaker 2: Yes, because the Holden people gave me a review copy. You remember they brought back the Holden Monaro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's correct.
Speaker 2: I used to drive around in that. People loved that card. It was a green one, so I was able to drive my Monaro in the Manero.
Speaker 6: It's funny here they've got different pronunciations of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But the biggest problem we've got in this chat and our city before, I think our economy is going to collapse, which is on.
Speaker 2: The way to.
Speaker 6: Bailing Jim Charmers. He's going to do the old Robin Hood thing and start taxing.
Speaker 9: The rich to.
Speaker 6: I suppose get all these things. So you've got to cross the mind by.
Speaker 2: He's telling us he's texting the rich now. But of course much of what constitutes the rich now will only be the middle class by the time they get to retirement age. So in the long term, I think the Labor Party's made a mistake, because if there's going to be regime change, it always comes from the middle class. But anyway, you're at Trump supporter Gary, I've got.
Speaker 6: All the equipment. I've got so much Trump gear. I've got all his shirts, the dolls, you know, the bobble is everything.
Speaker 2: That's the way I'd be the number one.
Speaker 6: Supporter here in Maruka. But the whole thing is when you start offering up stuff to the uninitiated swal type of thing. For some of these all university students that have been promised they twenty rebate on the X seeds. And that's not a question for about sixteen billion dollars that US satisfiers have got to come do you.
Speaker 2: Think it'll come through? Do you think that, as the Prime Minister put it when he changed the taxes after promising not to do so in the previous election, that he had to make an intervention.
Speaker 6: Well, it's like the female prime minister said, there will be no carbon Jack Saunder and the government.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember that. Gary. I gotta fly, but thank you for calling. Thank you bye. Robin Is from Penrith. Good morning, Robin, my Mike.
Speaker 20: I'm glad John. I really wish you're around every night. I just want to talk about Iran and then say something about Israel quickly. My GPS from Iran.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and her.
Speaker 20: Sister is a doctor too at the local hospital from Iran, both in their forties. And then if she's got a brother who's electorate one of the uniss. She got one brother back in Iran and her parents are out on twelve months Visit's supposed to go home next month, but they've got a protection visa for the time then. And she told me what goes on in that country, otherwise they'd probably back there is at so loosely astrocious what they do to the women, and how.
Speaker 13: That when they bond.
Speaker 20: The nuclear power stations there, her and the family were jumping up and down in the kitchen celebrating. They wish that they wish they hadn't got the Ayatola.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people think that way. But if if you show any signs of thinking that way with the Ayatola, what they do to you is so brutal, people are afraid to well show it.
Speaker 20: Yeah that's right over there. Ye, well she's You know that what they do to women. If you look at pictures forty seven years ago when the Shara Ferga rap Rain there and see the difference with the women and the women today, you know it's just a complete turnaround. They walk lovely and the Shara Persia. I seen him on Instagram and speaking from where he is in refuge. He said that Israel has always been a friend of around because it helped to build a temple, you know, back in the when King Cyrus was raining.
Speaker 2: I know, but they've got the religious extremism that comes from centuries ago. And what was the other point you wanted to make, I've just got to go.
Speaker 20: Oh, Israel. Yeah, Israel's got about nine and a half million people. There's one hundred million, one hundred million people Muslims in the world, Muslim countries surrounded, you know, the ones that surround it. When we were over there in Israel a few years ago. We've seen places there like restaurants where where they were blown off the map by country sending rockets. This was in two thousand and ten. And you know, they've getten rockets from Syria and different countries around them, and you know, it's just a tiny little country and it just got someone's got to stick up for, like America, Donald Trump. It's fantastic what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Robin. I gotta fly, But thank you for calling. That's okay, okay, see yea bye. We will have some news for you in forty six seconds. What can I read in that Julie says Homemach. Everyone seems to have forgotten the Palestinians started this round when they sent the rockets into Israel almost two years ago. That's what Julie from Queen Beean has to say, Judy, thank you for the kind words. But is it a good thing that you working up and can't go back to sleep? Thank you for the kind words. A Similarly, Wayne who also says Chris does go on a bit too much, although some people think he ought to be PM.
Speaker 1: Now on t gb BC and network stations. Back to our straightia overnight, we'd buy Jeffries good morning, welcome.
Speaker 2: Along, just joined us. Joe says, Hi, Mike, if there's such a thing as a hydrogen bomb, shouldn't we all be against hydrogen? She is Joe, No, I think we're only supposed to be against carbon dioxide. But there's no carbon dioxide bombs are they? To the best of my knowledge? But I think that that whole thing is waning, you know, except for our government who are going on with the ridiculous renewables thing, which is not going to work. Jeff Wicks from Ladley in Queensland says Mike. The likes of Maria from Ride are cut from the same cloth as the lefties that sabotage the musicians, the munitions and supplies being sent to the soldiers fighting in New Guinea during World War Two, says Jeff Wicks from Laidley in Queensland. Mix says, Hi, Mike, did you happen here on ben Fordham Show last week? The interview with the US energy expert that marks Australia's energy policy well worth a listen? I think it was last Thursday, says Mick and Melbourne. Yeah, thanks for that, Mick. I read about it and you know the policy if it really is a policy as well worth marketing. I well, I've said this so many times in the last whatever it's been fifteen years or so. I honestly do not understand the motivation for the way Albo and Chris Bowen are going, and I really do think it's something that's not being disclosed anyway. Joyce says that little Green card was all bs since the election. I now pay sixty five dollars to see a doctor for a script instead of fifty dollars. Even pension has pat unless suffering with cancer or chronic illness. Thanks albow says Joy. Marian says, I repeat for PM. Rob has called in from Blackburn in Victoria. Good morning, Rob, Good morning Mike. Nice.
Speaker 9: Nice to see to hear you on your weekly chat.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I rang up about the neutron bomb because it looks as though, just doing a bit of reading, it's like everyone on their dogs had it tried it, you know, like not tried it as such. But I've been playing with where they should use it and so forth, and I found one of the I want to be at descriptions I think was by a National Authority director Hal Brown and Soviet General Secretary Lennon Brezhnev, who both described neutron bombs as a capitalist bomb because it was designed to destroy people while preserving property.
Speaker 2: Well, that that was the story about it, wasn't it. Just reading the detail, This is one little piece I didn't put on the air before. The concern was that it wouldn't be effective against, for example, tanks.
Speaker 9: All right, one of one of our Chinese warships off the Sydney coast, do you reckon? We might be able to land one there on the deck and we could maybe get their get air naval fleet up by stealth.
Speaker 2: So so we could the theory there would be it woud wipe out the crew, but we would still have the worship and we could put our flag on it. That's your thinking.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you could give it a couple of works sort of dust the clear, so to speak. Yeah, and then just just going there with the with the suits on and where we go. Yeah, And I just want to lie I note about Donald Trump farmer Trump supporter. My wife isn't.
Speaker 2: How does that work out?
Speaker 9: And my daughter my daughter isn't either. So that's so that that has has some interesting discussions. But when when the don was in the last time was there. I was in one of the Watson News stores and it was coming up to Valentine's Day and here's the card and it says make Valentine's Day Great again and the picture of Donald Trump on the front. I purchased one and sent it on behalf of the don to my wife.
Speaker 2: Did you get to an appropriate reaction?
Speaker 9: I loved it?
Speaker 2: Okay, well love short. It's important to have fun, rob Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well that's right.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 9: I just made sure the steaknives were packed away and anything else that could be used.
Speaker 2: But so she was a wake up as she knew that it was really you.
Speaker 9: Well, well I certainly hope you know, but it was. It was rather rather interesting and you know, and I sort of trot that trot the picture out poker picture of course, and had it on my my secret phone and bring that out at the appropriate time that just to remind.
Speaker 2: People that's something to look forward to.
Speaker 9: M Anyway, I shall leave you with that, and yeah, you have a great night.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Rob, thank you, thanks for calling in. Nicholas has called in from Earlwood. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 17: I was visiting Sydney CBD yesterday.
Speaker 2: M hm, how did that?
Speaker 17: Well, we're intriguing, Clover. It's clever More territory, as you know, part of the Sydney Council there and the posters up council posters indicating and this has happened before refugees and asylum seekers are welcome here, and I'm thinking, what the hell does Sydney Council have to do with immigration policy?
Speaker 2: I mean yes, but you know how it works, Nicholas. You get on the council and that's stepping stone to federal greatness. And then once you've got that under your belt, the rest of us here in Australia are just helping you to get that gig with the un Isn't that how it works?
Speaker 17: Yes? Indeed, I mean look as a human gesture, Okay, you're welcoming individuals. But the thing is there's an underlying political motive behind that, and it's virtue signaling. And sometimes I think perhaps Clovermore is dreaming of a day that the Sydney Council area that she currently holds power in becomes part of the Act, that other grand electorate with the highest concentration of left leaning federal public servants in Australia, And I just wonder whether or not the entire Act should be disbanded, so to speak, and become just like any other entity, our local entity.
Speaker 2: Well, I used to push the idea of the Act being the reverse of that. I felt that every decision the federal government made should occur in microcosm in the Act so that they.
Speaker 17: Know the ramifications of the policies that the Left is pushing.
Speaker 2: That's right, So worked on a percentage basis. If they bring in a million and a half migrants, then whatever the percentage is decided on land area or whatever it is, we decided that percentage then is happening in the act as well, so that the people who make the this is can see the direct effect of what they've.
Speaker 17: Done, indeed, because the act does actually live in a bubble. And it's interesting. There was a documentary made on the Great Santa Maria and he was talking about our discussion that he had with Menzies in the latter part of his career, or after Menzies had retired, and he asked the question of Menzies what was his greatest regret and men one of the greatest regrets of Menzies was the growth of the Canberra based bureaucracy during his prime ministership and the ramifications of that in terms of creating this huge bubble, which is it's quite fascinating. I can't remember the actual name of the documentary, but it speaks volumes for the way that it's a world within a world, a bit like Washington, the establishment within Washington, d C. Prior to the coming in of Trump, Washington d C. And centers like California with their very left leaning ideological establishment figure so to speak. Anyway, just also just for a different turn, another suggestion for a sad song. Now people are familiar of course, with the great Dylan song rolling like a Rolling Stone, indeed, very sad sort of lyrics. I think what you should consider perhaps is the version, a live version done by the Rolling Stones. Brilliantly executed by the Rolling Stones. I think Mick Jagger at his best. I'm not too sure when that recording came out. It was part of a live shit that the Rolling Stones release back in the late eighties.
Speaker 2: I think I've never heard that it's a great song. The only thing is it's eight minutes long.
Speaker 17: Ah, you could easily edit it, you.
Speaker 2: Know me Me editor Bob Dylan's song good heavens Nicholas what he's saying, Ah, you.
Speaker 17: Can be creative. I'll allow for that level of creativity.
Speaker 2: I'll get Chris to do it. Yeah, okay, thank you, see Nicholas, bye bye.
Speaker 1: And now on Overnight's Entertainment with Alex First.
Speaker 2: Help you time to entertain you with Alex Versta, Film theater and entertainment reviewer and editor of I Tell You what I Think dot Com. Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 5: I'm well? Thank you, Mike and your good zelms.
Speaker 2: Mustn't grumble as they say you've been to see f one with Brad Pitt very exciting.
Speaker 5: This is well, I can't think of any movie that's had more publicity leading up to its launch than this one in twenty twenty five. And I suppose I'll start with a question because we spoke a few weeks ago about Tom Cruise and we said there's no actor on the planet that seems to generate more publicity and has done such a good job in terms of getting bums on seats. Well, I suppose there is a rival, and if there is one, it's the star of F one, Brad Pitt. Two of them are very similar in age.
Speaker 2: How old are they?
Speaker 3: Well, Pitt would be sixty.
Speaker 2: One and I'm that old.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 5: He looks damn fine, as does Tom. Cruise is sixty two.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 5: Both made a lot of movies. They've been very successful and you can bank them, which is why studios love having them in their court. And look F one, I suppose you somebody who follows Formula one motor racing or do you like speed full stop.
Speaker 2: Of the second would be yes, that can be a bit of fun. But the answer to the first, I don't follow it religiously, as they say, But if it happens to be on TV. I'll quite often watch it. I think it's exciting just to go back to this movie. Though. Is Javier Bardem the bad guy?
Speaker 5: Not the bad guy? Is a guy who plays a prominent role because he is the head of a team, which is a team that's been manufactured for this particular movie. But I suppose, look, there'd be a lot of people out there who would have seen the docos about Formula one got involved in it in that way, and others who are just petrol heads. Now, there have been some really good movies made about motor racing. Probably Ford Versus Ferrari is the one.
Speaker 2: Great movie stands out. Really enjoyed it, really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fabulous.
Speaker 5: And they've spent a lot of time and a lot of money on this particular film, not just in marketing but in terms of making it. And one of the things that apparently happened is they shot a lot of it in practice sessions and basically they intertwine the actors with the real life f one stars, which is just a great way to make a movie because you've.
Speaker 2: Got as long as you can't tell, as long as you can't spot the intertwining.
Speaker 5: No, and you can't. It's so natural. Look, it looks brilliant. It is a superb looking movie. It's also two hours thirty five minutes long, so we'll get to that in a few minutes. But it's the old and the new butting heads. That's the contention here, and it's tense, it's exciting. It's really a motor racing thrill ride, which is great. That's exactly what you go to the cinema forore, with.
Speaker 2: Some human drama thrown in. I guess, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: A lot of that, Mike, And basically you've got an almost Formula one champion from more than thirty years ago, failed upon the return to the sport that almost killed him.
Speaker 2: There you go, You try to get out, and they drag you back in again.
Speaker 5: Correct, Well, I suppose, when you're thinking about it, I suppose you'd say that Brad Pitt would be a fifty something year old in this movie. They don't specify, but that's my best guesstimate. Now, I can't imagine anybody driving a Formula one motor racing car at that age, right, Paul Human picked.
Speaker 2: Up motor racing at an advanced age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Formula one. I don't think he was quite that, But no, I'm not doubting that you can in certain divisions. But I suppose by that age your reflexes it would be slowing down somewhat. That's the only thing I'm thinking of. So look as a contention, no worries. As a movie, I'm not sure that it could be replicated in real life, not that that matters. The guy, the guy obviously who's the older head is Brad Pitt's carry to Sonny Hayes. And he had talent and to burn and then there was a tragic accident that cut his career short way back when so with so much promise. Unfortunately, thereafter it all fell apart for him. He gambled away his money at a series of failed relationships, a couple of marriages and another relationship, and he carries with him the mental and physical scars.
Speaker 2: But we do love a comeback, don't we, alex Oh? Do we?
Speaker 21: What?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: It makes good movie fodder overall. And fortunately he wasn't lost to the motorsport industry entirely because he now lives hand to mouth in a van, thank you very much, and he picks up of course, he does, and he picks up paychecks at lower levels. He just claimed the Daytona twenty.
Speaker 3: Four hour race.
Speaker 2: I'm not really laughing about people who are living rough. I'm just thinking for the idea of Brad pitt doing, got to separate the actor from role he is.
Speaker 5: You do absolutely well basically what happens to the character. Sonny Hayes is his former teammate, and obviously if you're a teammate or arrival in F one, his name is Ruben. That's the heavier Bardam character. He comes knocking, and he's now owner of a struggling Formula One team which has not has not been in the top ten of finishers in any of the races in the three years that he's been at the Helm. Well it's at least two and a half years, because there's nine races left in the current season.
Speaker 2: So we've got our Samson versus Goliath, yes, correct.
Speaker 5: And the boards plotting to remove the heavier Bardam character's name is Ruben. Unless he can break through in those final nine races, the odds stack really well, untruly against him and against the cocky rookie league driver that he has, a guy called Joshua Pears played by Damson Idris.
Speaker 2: Classic storytelling, isn't it, Because you've got to have a deadline apart from anything else. Yes, one hundred.
Speaker 5: It's like the countdown clock very much so like Mission Impossible, the same thing. You've got a finite amount of time. You don't get there, you basically die. Well, in this case, you'll lose your team. Apparently it is three hundred and fifty million dollars in the red. That's a bit of a us. That's a bit of a problem. Anyway, In desperation, he turns to the tactically clever Sonny Hayes, the brad Pit character, and we find out that he's the ninth choice. Is knocked on a lot of doors so far, and it looks really it's tackling the seemingly impossible, and character becomes the team's second driver and will help educate Joshua Piers the young guy. Right, So, look, it's a decidedly unconventional approach that Sonny Hayes has to Formula one motor racing, and basically that's going to be lead to all sorts of clashes within his team between drivers and so on, and the questions then does Sonny Hayes still have what it takes and are they the team prepared to listen to him?
Speaker 2: Well, we don't want smooth sailing, do we, Alex, Because you know, the more that our protagonist has to face by way of obstacles and unforeseen drama, the better we like it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the reason it runs for two hours thirty five minutes, right, I mean, let's be honest, and it is visually arresting, no question about it. Claudio Miranda who did Top Gun Maverick, he was the cinematographer. He's done it. He's done it again. He's just superb in terms of what he the takes and he's just absorbed by it, which is great. In the production designed by Ben Monroe as well, outstanding, so they capture the excitement they really do of the Formula one racing circuit. And the costuming is great too. I've got to say Tullion Days responsible a lot of style, a lot of elegance. I mean, if you've seen the shorts for this, or you know the trailer, you can see that there's spent a lot of time getting authenticity and I think.
Speaker 2: That's great, sounds pretty good.
Speaker 5: What do you give it well, look, the characterizations are really good. And also Hans Zimmer, who you might have heard of. It's his score. Misic is terrific, ratchets up the tension and a lot of push pull in between many parties. Looks I would put it right up there with Ford versus Ferrari. Substantive, top tier motor racing movie.
Speaker 7: Perhaps a little bit it could have.
Speaker 5: Been pared back a little bit without losing an eating of substance, but still commend it seven and a half to eight out of ten, M rated F one. It is called, it.
Speaker 2: Sounds to me like I'd like to go see it. What about Riviera Revenge.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, this is a fascinating story because it's based on a contention that the director read and it was in a newspaper and it concerns and he's both the writer and the director's name is Yvonne or Ivan, I'm not sure which one. Albarak And it's a movie about well, it's based on a ninety two year old This is in Italy. It happened a few years ago. A ninety two year old Sicilian discovered love letters addressed to his wife dating back more than seventy years now, that in itself, Okay, well, that's great. The problem is that at the time he was already married.
Speaker 2: To her, and so the love letters are from him and she's married to him at the time.
Speaker 5: Is correct. So now what actually happened in real life is that even though he's ninety two, and even though this happened more than seventy years ago, he could not forgive his wife for the adultery, so he filed for divorce. And obviously the writer and director read this and said, oh my golly, what a great contention for a movie.
Speaker 2: And the judge said, why now after all this time, and he said enough already. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, the fascinating part is that the director has still said, well, hang on, am I going to have a ninety two year old protagonist? And he's made him a useful seventy five.
Speaker 2: And really cheated on his age.
Speaker 5: Man ex Actually, Francois is the guy's name, played by Andre de Solier, and he's a former military man and he lives life on his terms and he's married to Annie and that marriage has been going for ages. She was nineteen when they were first wed, and they've got three grown up children now, the eldest of them, has followed his dad into the armed forces, and there's a family gathering to mark his mum's birthday, and that's when this the eldest child his wife reveal they're expecting their fifth child. The other four girls, so the dad Francois makes it clear to be nice to break the pattern. And the other kids, they've all got a few dad favors the eldest and let's say the other two kids aren't too happy that middle child has been keeping a secret from a straight life dad, namely the fact that she's a lesbian. And then the youngest of them is artistic and he's actually a professional marionettist so pappeteer, but his dad has never been to one of his shows because he doesn't sort of really he's not into the arts. He's not interested in even vaguely, despite the fact that he's his son. So he's got all sorts of problems in terms of his family dynamic. So Franz Faba dad was clearing boxes in the attic and he discovers a pile of old love letters written to any ten years into their marriage, because it's immediately clear to him that his wife has been having an affair or was he goes apoplectic, doesn't he go totally betrayed, and to make matters worse, and he had it off with one of their friends.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, oh dear. So he's been doubly let down my wife and the friend exactly.
Speaker 5: And of course he has to confront the friend, and the wife decides to go along for the ride. And you can imagine what goes on as a result of all that. Extreme measures had taken and so on. So look, the revelations just keep on coming. It's a feel good They've done it as a rom com right, which has been inspired by fact, but I think they've liberally diverged from what the true story was. Nevertheless, that concept is a very very good one. I did enjoy it. And having said that, the film maintains a light touch throughout, it uses jealousy and intransigence as rather powerful tools, and also contrasting characters. Because there's the husband and the wife, they're very different to one another, the husband and the two youngest of his children, and then the wife and her laid back former lover.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, so Alex, to paraphrase the Russell Crowe character, were we entertained.
Speaker 5: We were entertained. I just thought the Andre de Soli, the lead character, full of bombast and indignity as Frans who are exactly what you would want. And then you've got the sort of softly, softly wife and then she starts to push back. Good on her for doing though, And of course you've got that lover, the former lover, who is as relaxed as you can possibly get. And the children will each showcase they're rather sensitive personas. So look the production design on the film. It was shot by the way in the south of France, so it ain't half bad to look at. It is one of the features the production design, some stunning settings inside and out, and it's exuberant. Rivera Revengers, it's mad capped, it's enjoyable, it's an easy watch. It's a good excuse to sort of sit down and have a bit of fun. And it only runs for ninety four minutes and it's rated M, so.
Speaker 8: Well worth a look.
Speaker 5: You're going to have a bit of fun with it. Seven and a half out of ten for Rivera a Revenge the.
Speaker 2: Dah Ba r Aleck. Thank you for that. That's Alex first, and Alex is a film and theater and entertainment reviewer and editor of I Tell You what I Think dot Com. Now I want to take a call from Tracy. Good morning, Tracy, Good morning, Mike.
Speaker 9: Mike.
Speaker 14: I've been carrying on a bit lately about Albo and Kevin Rudd. You'd think Albos trying is this to get together with Trump? And I saw Albo and Kevin Rudd dining out together, and I mean, doesn't think Albow those insulting remarks that Ruder put out about Trump, Trump isn't going to forget them, Mike, Albo Chelse isn't making it easy for us?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I don't think Elbow knows what to say, or do you at this particular point. But do you think you feel it's a mistake for Elbow to be seen to be too close to Rudd. Don't you think he's left it a bit late for that?
Speaker 21: Well, I think he might have to tell you the truth, because honestly, I don't know who sent Rud to America, but really he should be I said to Philly other night, send him to Tasmania and never be heard of a game.
Speaker 2: But we don't want to get the Tasmanian's offside.
Speaker 22: No, no, I know that we've got to find some spot from me for him that we can barely hear about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Prince Lenod de Hut, is he still going? Maybe he could go there?
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, that's the point too.
Speaker 2: I try to help Tracy. Well, thank you for calling with that. I gome downy bye bye now bye. Now, Maria, you knew Maria would get some response, right, Duncan says himks mother superior mented, how do we solve a problem like Maria? Oh yes, that's sound a music right hostages. Maria says Duncan, death to America and Israel chanted by Iran for the past forty six years. Maria, Iran enticing enriching, enriching, not enticing uranium to seventy percent when the old Christi production in Richmond is five percent. Maria, I'm quoting Duncan here, women's rights in Iran. Maria Egypt's wall to keep the Iranian sponsored Palestinians out. Maria says Duncan from and brackets see a carbon neutral crows brackets bay carbon neutral bay hmm okay. Margaret says Mike. Maria's views are wrong. I think her name is Maria. She's a Palestinian's border and clearly delusional, says Margaret. Anti Israel, anti American, hates Trump. People with views like Maria are in extreme danger to the world. To Australia, the Israelis or the Americans are not evil. Iran has a clear mission to wipe out anyone who's not Muslim. Simple as that, says Margaret. If Maria feels so strongly in the views, perhaps she should get on a plane and go fight over there now as we got. Oh yes, Michael says mate. I think the world has a verdue for another world war, and I think it needs one to make society understand what's important. That this won't bs and transgender crap, etc. They will be in the fetal position, pissing their pants, crying. The captain will run out of bullets, shooting cowards. A war will wake society up and well overdue. It's needed like a cult or a reset. See. I thought that was what we had with the American election, a reset without the men with rifles. But historically, Michael, you are correct, that's when the resets come, and it's because you know, societies which are once great a falling apart. Whatever it is, and then we have the war, and then we have the big reset. It would be nice to have the reset without the war, but it seems like human beings are destined to have wars. It just seems to work out that way. Joe says, Hi, Mike, the last time I was in Sydney, CBD, the whole place was festooned with those hideous gay flags politics aside, the whole thing looked really ugly. Cheers, Joe Leslie says, Mike. Can you tell me when global warming is going to start? Because it is a cold winter. Yes, I've noticed it certainly is. Anna, You've no idea how any pod yeap, Thank you Anna for the kind words, kind words, kind words, kind words. They please try to make the listeners happy by having you on more frequently. Hugs, Anna, Thank you Anna. Yeah, I just wanted to get to the hugs because I figured if it's you, there would be hugs. Paul disagrees with our film and reviewer. He says, good day, Mike. Anyone who follows if one knows, this new movie is an absolute dud and comical, so there you going. Opinions may vary, Chris says Mike re Iran versus Israel. Even Maria from Ryde seems to be very misled and almost everything stated tonight, such as the Israelis have such knowledgeable capability to kill Iranian warmongers only a few civilians. Contrast Iran, which next day bombed a Jewish unarmed, non military hospital. That alone should show Maria the immoral morals of the ayatole mallahs. And they're crucifying military cheers Chris, a Sydney senor. That's Chris's depiction of himself. Not what I said. I mean, I said it, but I just read it. If you know what I mean. Susan says, how's your pussy head going to your babysitting? It's going pretty well, but it is as Prissy has tend to be demanding. And if I'm on the phone, it comes and snouts me and headbuts me and says, what about me? What about some attention? What about me? Me?
Speaker 23: Me?
Speaker 2: But apart from that, it seems to be quite happy. I use the aircon sometimes with this heater I turn on. It loves that. It just likes to be where the heater is and snooze. You know what I wonder about cats? Because I'm not an ex but the lady who owns this one, I was talking to her on the phone yesterday and she was saying about how cats sleep eighteen hours a day? You know, is that a true? And b how do they stay so fit? I mean, there's something if I was in charge, you know, if I was, say a ominivodent being although you don't see that job advertised very often, I would prefer that we. I wouldn't deny cats doing that, but I'd like it to be the case for us as well, that we could sleep eighteen hours a day and still be as fit as How do they do it? Anyway? It's according to three, well more or less, it's actually fourteen minutes to three. But you know, there's nobody in the place. The Sinatra said by way of introduction to the tragic song of the Morning, and this one that was suggested earlier by my associate, mister Sindant, And it is a classic. Have a listen. It's so long since I've heard that. It is a classic song. But it's not a tragic song. It's a song of hope. It's a song of undying love. Yeah. Anyway, a nice song, I guess you're looking at me like I should play some commercials. Oh okay, Susan says, good choice. Dale. Dale is a softie, Robin says Mike. Johnny Mathis could never sing anything but beautiful songs. And then there's a musical emoji. Love him, says Robin. Wayne says, oh, Nicholas, you never fail lol. And David Shubridge go and do one. No one cares what you've used an opinion are three exclamation points. Steve says. The embassy hostages were not released under Carter. On the day Reagan was inaugurated, the hostages were released. Andrew's wife says, good morning, Mike. Maria is a good example of a victim of misinformation, ill education, and fake news. Her hysteria is indicative of the pro Palestinian and anti Semitic terrorist propaganda. That's from Andrew's wife. And I've got if I scroll down here, I know I've got some more. I've got a little bit of time to read you, Leslie says Michael. You, Oh no, that's Anna. Sorry. See the thing with this is if I don't store everything in that side, I start to read things and then the device makes a decision for me. Which I didn't ask it to do, so let me scroll down to where I was. Leslie says, Mike. Women should know young women in Iran are currently in jail for showing their hair. These young women were brave, but they got bashed and some murdered. They want to be free, says Leslie. Yeah, easier said than done. Maria sent this text in Palestinians are indigenous or caps to the land, and it looks like six seven exclamation points there. On the other hand, Beverly says, Hi, Mike, just listening to Maria, there was an explanation about the legality of the strike. Evidently a president is within his rights to make the decision that he has. However, to go further, it then has to be approved by Congress because then it becomes a war involvement. Regards BEV. Marie, not to be confused with Maria, says, nice to hear you let that lady have her say. I totally disagree with her, but you let her have her say. That's why I like TGB. You listened to both sides. I totally disagree with her, says Marie. Michael says, it's a mass triggered this whole Middle Eastern War. Was that horrific attack all legal. It's interesting how Palestinians are now complaining about the consequences after triggering a war, says Michael. Danny says another Palestinian sympathizer, who can't believe that hermas killed twelve hundred people and took hostages. She's talking the Palestinian party line, says Danny. And the thing is scrolled back to where it was. These computers that know better than I do. My vintage motor car does that. When I started up, it ignores the accelerator because the computer knows better than I do, and it revs the motor and then drops the speedback. It's been like that since I've known it, Mick says, speaking of cats, I sometimes feed my cat outside or leave the food there, but my cat was still hungry for some reason. Turns out another cat was getting into my backyard and eating a food. Shifty cat, says Mick. Yeah, no honor among cats, of course. The thing about cats is they'll have a bit of the food and then leave it, whereas dogs, I suppose, because dogs have to compete with the pack or whatever it is, they wolf it all down, no matter how much they've just had so they don't leave it lying around for other dogs.
Speaker 1: Now on two, GB, four BC and network stations. Back to US Ray You're overnight with Mike Jeffries.
Speaker 2: Good morning, welcome along if you've just joined US National Days with Dale coming up. Also just for something a little bit different. There's been talked during the week about this business of stopping kids accessing social media until they're sixteen. I'm going to have a bit of a conversation about that. Actually, there's plenty a couple of conversations. One, you know, how do you deal with it as an average parent, and the other being the technicalities of it, because they obviously haven't figured that out. What I read during the week was Okay, they got a system, but it doesn't work all the time, which doesn't surprise me, and you know, like it at best a lot of the time. Apparently it couldn't tell the difference between a seventeen year old kid and a fifteen year old kid. Well, can you imagine this seventeen year old who wants to use social media and she's not allowed to because the device thinks she's only fifteen. Hmmm, No, Jerry, Jerry had a comment here, which has been smothered by other comments. But maybe I can find it. Oh, yes, Jerry says Mike. To me, the tragic thing about this morning song is that I remembered the words, but I am not able to recall what I had for dinner last night, says Jerry. Jason says, good day, Mike. So I take it that Maria supports the hanging of women in Iran for not wearing a head cover Jace. Barbara says, Iran say all the time, Death to the Big Satan, Big Satan being the USA, says Barbara. Jean says, I, Mike, who does Maria think supports Hamas, Hezbala, the hooties and so on. She's ignorant, says Jane. Rod says, can you please get that caller to explain the non proliferation treaty? And Barbara says, with the caller, care to tell us where the hostages are? Sharon is angling for a spinallese pillow. I know we don't have those to give away on the Overnight show. Maybe we don't want people to go to sleep, but anyway, Sharon, good luck with the spinal pillow. What are you saying here? Play this song, I will follow him. Oh, yes, No, it's totally tragic though. Was it their song? But Sharon says, I've been listening for thirty five years, never won a thing. Would love a spinal eased pillow for my birthday two weeks. I'd like one, but you have to call Ben or you know, one of the daytime guys goes. To the very best of my knowledge. Unless Dale's keeping the secret from me, we don't have spinalle's pillows to give away. Hi, Mike and Dale's songs not tragic. It's a beautiful love song. Good shows should be more with Mike. I wouldn't switch to you the other nights. Regards Margaret. Thank you Margaret for that. And I'm just scrolling back to see if I missed anything from earlier. Steve says United Nations atomic watchdog Duran was not cooperating with nuclear checks that was legal, very dangerous. Iran was not to be trusted. Cheers Robert. Oh yeah, Jason said, good day, Mike. The first thing the Liberal Party should do is poach Elbow's campaign manager so he can teach the Liberals how to lie about us. As Jason didn't somebody from the Liberal party say they admired the way the campaign manager ran the campaign for labor and I can imagine those guys saying that, because you know, that's the whole world and oh yeah, you know, the ideology, the promises, that doesn't matter so much. It's how you run the campaign. As Richo said, whatever it takes. Sally has called in from Ingleburn. Good morning, Sally.
Speaker 18: Wedding might Yes, I.
Speaker 10: Want to go back a little bit in history if I may.
Speaker 2: How far back do you want to go? Are we talking dinosaurs or.
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Not that far?
Speaker 10: No, No, I want to go back in history and go back to the Shah's father, who was the previous king of Iran. He was taken out of a country and the Mauls took over, and that took place in around for a while, but not very very long. He was taken to exile and he was brought back into the country and he dealt with them very very swiftly, to the point where you didn't hear about any anything to do with religion and all the retrics that's taking place in this country right now. When the sun was taken when the shark was taken out in seventy nine to exile, and I remember I was a teenager. It was all over the news and it was said over and over, so it sort of stayed in your mind. It was said that soon as things quietened down, don't be brought back. He never was, And when he never was, not one country raised the voice and said why not? Really, so this lot just sat there and stayed there until today, and in all this time their people have suffered in that country so much. You know, it's amazing how with the father he was brought back and dealt with them swiftly, but the son wasn't. But the son wasn't. And not one country, for example, Israel or America or any country, not one country said why not. Because at the end of the day, that ideology, well, let's face it, it is what it is. So for it to have gotten to this point, all these major countries, I'm sorry to say this, have only got themselves to blame for it. That they were allowed to stay there and grow.
Speaker 2: Well, that's happening all over the world, I guess if you take that view. But because fortunately all the adherence to that philosophy, and you know, they vary, they're not all that fanatical. Although the general message seems to be death to the unbeliever, doesn't it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's see if you look at photos and footage of how people were under the shark.
Speaker 2: And of course now it could have been in the Western world.
Speaker 23: Yeah, but exactly it was.
Speaker 10: It was like a Western country. It's like day and night. And when he was not taken back like his father, not one country said a word. And now for the side is they've all got themselves to blay for because they allowed this modin there and just grow.
Speaker 2: Well, they've certainly done that, and they've done it by ruthless means.
Speaker 10: What's that all site? What's that?
Speaker 17: All?
Speaker 10: Able thrives when good men do nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, it's enough for good men to do nothing for evil men to succeed. Yep, all right, thanks Sally, have a good day, you two bye. A couple of emails here from O Is it meaner? Yeah? I thought the man was going to speak Jeffrey from Beverly Hills, non us. The other says Heimike, removing all the obfuscation. It's actually quite obvious the alban Easy government has decided to sacrifice our alliance with the USA in the hope of appeasing the CCP and showing up its relatively small but electorally crucial Muslim voter base. And also fyi, Trump's actions in relation to around another illegal or unconstitutional. As commander in chief of the Armed Forces, he did not require congressional approval. Neither did Obama, says Jeffrey, thank you for those observations. National Days brought to you by Orange Cream Biscuits.
Speaker 19: Nothing goes down better in the middle of the night than a beautiful orange cream biscuit and a nice cup of tea.
Speaker 2: That mob that's supply the biscuits. How come so I guess it's a different brand or something. We never see vovos or any of those classics.
Speaker 24: No, that's because we don't have We always have the cream biscuits. Well, it's probably a good thing because if you put in the non cream biscuits, it's the Scotch finger biscuits. They are always the first to go, you know how as a pecking order. Yeah, same as orange cream biscuits as a last left. And I said to you earlier, Mike, I'm falling off the wagon, did you I did. I had a big handful of orange cream biscuits, orange slices, they're actually technically caught.
Speaker 2: Have you had to now buy several new pairs of trousers.
Speaker 24: But just in the last what three hours?
Speaker 2: Not yet? They can be sudden.
Speaker 24: Yeah, but I did a lot of walking on the weekend. I did a big coast walk down there, and also I was out today walking, so I have done a lot of walking. So hopefully I'm countering it.
Speaker 2: So you're hoping to be rewarded by not expanding in the gut department, I hope so, Mike.
Speaker 24: But I think sometimes it's, you know, you've sort of reached a point where it doesn't matter how much exercise you do, it's you know, starts thicking out the waistline.
Speaker 2: So do you have any days?
Speaker 12: I do?
Speaker 24: And now I'll be interesting to see what you say about this, because it's something I still enjoy, especially around this time of the year it's National potage Day. Porridge person not that much.
Speaker 2: I got into the habit of because I'm not a big fan of milk, of having oats with fruit juice and some berries to it. We've had this conversation that's my stomach is churning just well. I know you think it's set religious, but now I haven't eaten notes for a.
Speaker 24: While, but obviously it's sacrilicious, sack delicious. Yeah, but I think there's nothing better than porridge, particularly if you have some cream, if I have some leftover dollop, if I've been having some apple pie.
Speaker 2: And brown sugar and cream and porridge isn't bad.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I don't think I've got any brown sugar. I usually use the raw sugar, though I don't use white sugar very often.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the raw sugar. It's kind of crunchier, isn't it.
Speaker 24: Well, Yeah, but it's I think it's just a little bit better because it's not refined. It's not totally brown, because I eat refined bread like I've gone back to for a long while. I would only eat bread that was either you know, four grain or brown and what have you.
Speaker 2: But if I buy.
Speaker 24: Baker's Delight white bread, oh my lordie, a lot of it's very nice.
Speaker 2: Indeed.
Speaker 24: But before the invention of baking ovens, porridge was the most essential part of a British diet.
Speaker 2: Porridge.
Speaker 24: I didn't realize it was actually called gruel as well. Yeah, I always thought gruel was just some sort of slow the peasants used to eat or they give prisoners and things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it grules a bit all encompassing, isn't it.
Speaker 24: Maybe, But the origin and the porridge can be traced back to northern Europe, where it was traditionally enjoyed savory. The word porridge first appeared in the sixteenth center and is believed to be a spin off of the word pottage, which is a type of stew.
Speaker 2: Oh, a massive pottage, I would see.
Speaker 24: I've never heard that word before. Porridge hasn't always been the way it is today. Preparation ingredients varied from grasp orn grains to other crops. Quanoa grain has been used for making porridge for more than three thousand years, whereas rice porridge was eaten in China since twenty five hundred BC. Goes even back further than this, with evidence discovered by research is proving that the cooked mush now it isn't even better word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is mushy. I don't like that texture in the mouth, clingy ricey stuff.
Speaker 24: No, see, that's where the milk smooths it out.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 24: Yeah, it was eaten by some going back twelve thousand years at the beginning of the Neolithic.
Speaker 2: Revolution, so I think it should stay there.
Speaker 24: Soon after, people started preparing thick pancakes on stone ovens or hot tiles using porridge like mixtures such as flatbreads are mentioned throughout the Old Testament, but similar innovation simultaneously occurring throughout the world. The popularity of pordredge and its many variations led to the creation of corn cakes, corn breads, corn puddings, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I like a lot of that Southern food in the Southern US, but there's something they have. I'm trying to think what a school starts with you, doesn't it groats or green grits? Grits grits. Yeah, that's the most boring food in the world.
Speaker 24: I don' think that wheat based or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't like it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I just mostly I think most people have heard the word grits coming from the Beverly hillbilliesjowls. I think it would be one of Greenny's things to cook up.
Speaker 2: That would be hogjowls. I think, so in that nice.
Speaker 24: Brits andjowls gogiin Yes, yeah, I think this and this ties into the next dates let it go day, No, I'd let those glits and jails go, but let it Go Day is a reminder for you to stop wasting time and energy on negative feelings from events in the past instead of strengthenings. So instead strengthen yourself, you can let it go.
Speaker 6: Let it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I like that. The movie that Yeah, we had reviewed this morning about the ninety two year old guy that discovered seventy years ago. The wife had had a fear with somebody.
Speaker 24: Oh, yeah, that looks interesting. I like a good foreign film. I think I'll go and see that. I haven't seen F one yet, but looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. Somebody texted in saying they thought it was dull and comical.
Speaker 24: Ah did he say that? Or did he say that? The way they treated F one was ridiculous? But that's where I say, it's a movie. It's not a documentary. It's a movie as far as I'm concerned. As far as I can see, the whole point of it is the old dog coming in, You've got the new dog and the clashing of the old dog and the new dog in the So I see that as the film and just having if one of the backdrop, that's what I'm expecting.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, the way Alex was explaining it, it just had all those classic storytale yeah pillars to keep it going. But I actually remember Michael J. Fox talking about Back to the Future and he had to explain to somebody that it was a movie and not a documentary about Oklahoma in eighteen seventy. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 24: But that sort of also ties into the amount of letters the Coastguard got when Gilligan's Island was on. How could they not rescue these people? How could you not read all people sending in wedding gifts to neighbors and things when someone when there's a marriage between some very you know, some favorite people. Anyway, if you got anything you need to let go, I've always got something I should let go.
Speaker 14: Oh.
Speaker 2: Probably, yes, Although it's interesting, you know, having had a bit of time to reflect in recent years, I think you do get things into proportion. Yeah, bit of age and wisdom, I think, yeah, I don't know if it's wisdom. It's just I sort of understand the motivations of some of the people who've crossed my path. Oh, okay, and I see them. There's a couple I can think I want in particular, who I would regard as an interesting study. Perhaps not in the way people would think.
Speaker 24: But I suppose as regrets are like exclusively to people you have had run in with. I mean, regrets are you know, a lot turning left instead of right. There's a whole bunch of things like that. But regrets do little to know good. They weigh a person down. They tend to put a burden on a person's conscience and deprive them of even a little joys of life. That's particularly if you get wound up and you're really obsessed with them.
Speaker 2: I try not to do that. There's some seminars I went too many years ago. I was just inclined to believe them at the time, but I go with it more now. They said, we're all going over the falls in a canoe, and I think, to a certain extent, life is like that. You know, there are so many things that happened that you can't directly control, so just try not to take too many rocks.
Speaker 24: Yeah, it's funny how you'd explaining that. Just reminded me of, probably near the end of Parenthood, the Steve Martin film Neary Steve Brgin.
Speaker 2: I know it's a film, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 24: Well, it's beautiful because Steve Martin is so obsessed with things going in the family, and then the old granny comes in just says something to the effect of life is like being on a roller coaster. You just you know, you just don't know where it's going in the thrills of this and that. And suddenly Steve Martin gets it. He sees everything going wrong in the family. All these things culminate and you just hear the roller coaster sound effects and him like the camera twisting around, and suddenly he gets what the and because he dos is very dismissive of what Granny said, but now he totally gets it. And yeah, and then he just rides with it, which was a real I think maybe a lot of people saw that scene and didn't even quite get it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 24: I just thought that was really compelling and it was a good film.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do enjoy Steve Martin's work, but I haven't seen that particular movie.
Speaker 24: Oh you should. It's it is a good and it's a Ron Howard film, and it's got a really good ensemble cast.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, oh, I think we need a break. Okay, Chris says, hello, Dale, help you well, and as an elder, I easily remembered every word in that song and sang along. It was a little sad when thinking of a forty year breakup, to be sure, But it's all about I love you till the bluebells, till in green or something, isn't it. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 24: I have a tendency of remembering music note for note, but I never remember words. He never listened to the lyrics. I just love the tune and yeah voice.
Speaker 2: There are songs like that, of course, where the the tune is one thing, but the lyrics giving a different sort of message. A little said when thinking of a forty you break up, to be sure, but happily not overly so I am h oh. By the way, Oh, both you and Michael have great audio presents. Cheers old timer Sydney Chris.
Speaker 24: You're sending them. Sorry, they're sending us presents. You're sending his presents and audio presents.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: It's p r e s in ce. Silly Joe says, I make my Scottish Nan always had salt on her porridge.
Speaker 24: I put it in when I'm cooking it even isn't you put a pinch of salt in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think my granny used to do something like that, put salt in the possage on the porridge.
Speaker 24: Sorry, mate, say can you sorry?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 24: Can you just say you put orange juice in yours?
Speaker 2: Again? Not orange juice? I don't like orange. Oh what used to put in apple?
Speaker 24: That's not how you make porridge, prune, that's not how you make podgs mixes.
Speaker 2: I have the ninety second porridge brown sugar and cinnamon flavor. But that maybe there's not or it says you know how you eat porridge. Maybe he's going for the like inflection.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I like the plane porridge.
Speaker 2: That's what mixes well. As long as it doesn't come in a sheep's stomach, I can stomach it. Load it, load it. Today's a good day, Mike.
Speaker 24: It's also National Family Owned and Operated Businesses Day. Just salute the family owned and operated businesses that have survived over time despite numerous challenges and setbacks. Got a nice little couple of little family owned businesses just up the road from me that sell a bunch of things. Always makes me wonder how they sort of stick around. But because I sort of always walk past it and go down to all these coals or woolies.
Speaker 2: But there are some bakeries, for example, that you can see the whole family working behind the counter.
Speaker 24: I'll tell you what they've got. Probably the best apple pies, Little apple pies.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 24: Today's also National Hydration Day, So get that whatever that was you were drinking before, Mike, get another glass all into you. It's a good idea to keep hydrated, obviously, because it sort of wards off getting things like kidney stones and things with keeping everything going.
Speaker 2: Through and I want them, I hear ver, Well, you had to pass one.
Speaker 24: God, Mike, haven't I told you a story. I was on air with Sharena when it did, and I was seriously by the end of the show and I thought, no, no, I'm not bailing, and I was. I was like hobbling up because it was a bit of pre recorded.
Speaker 2: At the end.
Speaker 24: I'm not giving anything away. I'd get up it's eighteen minutes to midnight, and then flapsed out on the floor waiting for it the sort of finish and so I could you know, but it actually pass Yeah, but it actually passed by the time. The pain was gone by the time it went off air.
Speaker 2: But so you finally got rid of it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, well I had to go and get it. I ended up getting I had it twice and another time I have to Actually.
Speaker 2: I remember now you had it made into a signet ring, didn't you.
Speaker 24: That's the way. It's big enough anyway. So it's National Hydration Data. It's a good idea to keep drinking water, and water always has been my drink of choice, as you know. Today's National Typewriter Day, zing.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I think a lot of people did. I learned the like I can type full finger without looking at the board. I doubt if I'd go very well on a typewriter, But I always remember that because they've been around.
Speaker 2: A fairwhile obviously, But well, I had one when I was twelve. Yeah, so they've been around that long.
Speaker 24: It well, fifteen seventy five, an Italian printmaker Francesco Rampazetto invented. It was called the Little Tactile write, a machine to quickly press letters onto paper. And I always remember that Tom Hanks actually collects.
Speaker 2: Typewriters, oh does he?
Speaker 24: Yeah, Today's also Pink Flamingo Day. I'm just zipping through these note because I'm run out of time. Pink Flamingo's Day. This is to acknowledge the popular lawn ornament. Yes, I doubt if i'd I don't know if i'd have one. I like some kitch stuff. I wouldn't mind putting some you know, you can get those little garden things of Star Wars the garden, you know. I don't mind those sort of things because I don't mind a bit of kitch. I wouldn't want to put something in the front yard that someone's going to walk by and sort of just you know, I've grabbed that.
Speaker 2: Well, I suppose that would happen, wouldn't it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, Look, our neighborhood's pretty good. But it's also one of those neighborhoods that if you have something you no longer want, if you put it out the front, you'll be guaranteed someone will you take it and reuse it.
Speaker 2: Well it's not a bad thing, No, that's a terrific thing.
Speaker 24: So but even the backyard, Yeah, I got a nice bushy backyard, so you know, yeah, maybe if I see one in a k op shop, I might grab one, but also start tying in with that day. It's also National Pink Day. Pink Yeah, pink not as in the singer, I was going to ask, but it's to actually celebrate the meaning, history and beauty of the pale shade of red, which is pink.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 24: Surveys in both the United States and Europe found pink to be the most common associo with femininity. I suppose you always do, like if someone has a little girl, you'd buy a little pink.
Speaker 2: Now are you allowed to do that?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 2: Though I would still do it.
Speaker 24: I marry fashioned kind of guy.
Speaker 2: As they said in the Monty Python movie, don't you think it's a bit early to be imposing roles?
Speaker 24: Not at all imposed immediately? Pink being a subject of recent pop culture to interesting facts about the delightful shade through time. The day celebrates all things pink. See if I can pull someone out sixteen eighties. The phrase pink colored in reference to the flowers is first recorded. Seventeen hundreds. Men who went out wearing embroidered pink clothing were considered masculine and fashionable. Mmm, yeah, how did that change? Seventeen hundred oh nineteen forties. The baby Booners are the first generation to have gender roles and the preference of the signing them at birth, signifying pink infants, clothes for girls and blue for buyers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that recent?
Speaker 24: That recent back in the nineteen forties.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're looking anxious. You don't have to go yet? Or are you out of days?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 24: I thought were Oh no, I missed timing. I thought it was eight. No, I was mistiming. I was looking at the time thinking, oh, we've got to No. No, no, I wasn't out of days.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You've got director three minutes.
Speaker 24: Actually curried through some of them, whereas I could have actually talked a bit longer.
Speaker 2: You can if you want to.
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah, But anyway, going back to pink Flamingo day, because I rushed through that one. Yes, the pink Flamingo is designed. It's been around since the late fifties. And I suppose that ties in with that whole you know, if you look at Leave at the beaver, that hole was it the nuclear effects shut sorry, nuclear family.
Speaker 2: I was going to get you to come in earlier, just so you could say that every time you mentioned new nucular and I don't I thought you'd be worn out by the end of the program. Now and then.
Speaker 24: Nuclear like little shenanigans. Yes, yeah, in it was called Don Thesten. He created the pink Flamingo while working at Union Products. Two thousand and six, the production of the flamingo stopped by Union Products. So that's that's a good what's that sixty? That's like nearly forty years. So making pink flamingos is probably a bit of a mainstay of people's gardens.
Speaker 2: Why have you thought of having one? I've never No, I've never gone for that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 24: Yeah, Well, anyway, this day has been around since two thousand and seven. A guy called Dean Mazzarella. Lenn Musters Mayor establishes June twenty three is Pink Flamingo's Day.
Speaker 2: But I'm not totally against paddock art. I mean, if you've got a paddock and you want to have a rusting you know, old tractor, el tractor or something, I approve of that. Yeah.
Speaker 24: Is that art or just the fact that you couldn't be bothered to hauling off to the scrap metal.
Speaker 2: It depends some paddocks. It obviously is art because the paddock is groomed and there's the rusting tractor and others. It's just who cares? Yeah, yeah, I've got a.
Speaker 24: Couple of big earns that I have in my backyard, which pretty much for Oh, actually I got something. I've got a twelve foot shark in my backyard too.
Speaker 2: Well, we can talk about that if we get out a chance a bit later.
Speaker 24: It's actually is a big fiberglass shark, okay, which I sort of got somewhere along the way. But back in twenty ten, myke Cato manufacturing purchase of the copyright for Little Mingos and continues to produce them. So they did have that little gap between two thousand and six and twenty ten. But someone else said, oh, I'm going to give it a go and keep making the damned things.
Speaker 2: Sharon says, it's pray for World Peace Day. Is that true?
Speaker 24: I didn't see that one, But let me just go outside and it's Sharon kneeling and some praying.
Speaker 2: Sharon is just encouraging that. All right, that's been national days him Dale. Thank you. Nicole Senior is a radio host in the community realm commentator. She's on the line, good morning, How are you, Hi, Mike, I'm good.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm fine, Thank you. I'm just interested in your opinion about this sweeping gesture by the government. We're not sure what the gesture looks like. But apparently under sixteen's will not be able to access social media. I'm not even sure how far that goes. I mean, can I still look up odd websites? You know? I like to look up these unusual news websites all over the place. I suppose I can do that without having a picture taken in my face. But you've gotten under sixteen in the household, haven't you.
Speaker 23: I do I have, Well, I've got an eighteen year old and I've also got a seven year old, So look, I think it's a great idea, But how they are going to implement this, My mind bobbles how they can do this. So, for example, at the moment, I can't even set up a Spotify account for my seven year old son, who listens to a lot of music he has as a child the kid's Spotify account, but a lot of the songs he listens to he finds on YouTube, and I can't get it on the kids one, so I have to create an account for him under one of my email addresses. How on earth are they going to stop children under the age of sixteen from accessing social media? There's so many ways you can get around it, like a cognition, like it's probably the only thing. But that's overstepping the mark, don't you think?
Speaker 13: I do you?
Speaker 2: But before we get onto that, just tell me why can't he access certain music as a seven year old? Is because the music is not suitable for him? Or is there something else that play?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 23: It could be when they have a when he has a child, the children's account, it's things. When I say children, it's like the Wiggles, that kind of music, really young kid kind of music.
Speaker 2: Now it's not going to be.
Speaker 23: No no, And he plays games like he likes to play things like Rodblocks and Minecraft and even Minecraft music you can't find on the kids' YouTube.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 23: I account, I.
Speaker 2: Had no idea, but here's what I think is interesting. Just imagine if you're eighteen year old tries to access something on social media and the device says, and I believe from tests run so far, sor are quite possible, the device says, no, you're only fifteen. That's going to be an issue for you, isn't it.
Speaker 23: It would be an issue for me. I mean, look, he looks a lot older than eighteen. He's got a mustache and a little goady going on, So I don't think he'd can't five a fifteen year old, but I think for those kids that are quite baby faced, it would throw off I'm sorry, you're not old enough to.
Speaker 18: Access this, but in reality they are.
Speaker 5: So what do they have to do?
Speaker 23: Start uploading their birth certificates to prove it? Like, I think it gets a little bit out of hand.
Speaker 2: And how do you know it's their birth certificate not when they borrowed from a mate?
Speaker 23: Well, exactly right. I think there's Like I said, I think they're going to find it very hard to manage accessing social media for under sixteen, But I do. I completely understand why, and I think it's the bullying. The cyber bullying is probably the biggest thing, and I completely and usly agree with it from that perspective, But it's how do you manage it that's the hard part. Managing it would be difficult.
Speaker 2: I was looking at a story a few hours ago that is blaming social media for eating disorders with teenage girls. You think that's true? Yes?
Speaker 23: And I can speak openly about that because one of my closest friends, their daughter has gone through something very similar, and that's due to influencers. Influences on Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook maybe not so much Facebook. Facebook is more for the older crowd, I'd say, other even TikTok. TikTok's another one. All the influencers that are out there promoting you know, health and fitness with the incorrect information and very unhealthy levels of information to all this younger generation, which is why I think they are trying to implement that age limit, because after the age of sixteen, I think they've got their head screwed on a little bit more. But it's awful. I wouldn't say you would blame social media, but I think kids need to understand.
Speaker 18: That the stuff on social media is exactly that.
Speaker 23: It's fake. It's not reality. It really isn't. I create videos on TikTok all the time. You use filters, you use music, you can there's so many different things you can do in those platforms to make yourself look better, looks thinner, looks fatter, whatever it might be, it's not real. And I think kids at the under the age of sixteen don't have that life experience and the understanding to go that's a crap. Do you know what I mean, that's the.
Speaker 18: Problem we've got.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, what do you say to people who say, oh, yeah, and then all of a sudden, at sixteen, they have to confront this having no experience whatever.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 23: Look, one of my bosses quite a sad story, but his daughter went through something similar at the same age, about sixteen. She had an eating disorder and spend a lot of time in hospital. And I was actually talking to him about that on Thursday, and he said, it is the most horrific experience for any family to go through, especially at such a young age, when they don't quite understand the consequences of watching all of these people online and they can't articulate the difference between reality and what's real. And the worst part is a lot of them are famous actors and actresses, and you know, promoting huge amounts of weight loss, and then a lot of them people are saying, oh, that's a zampick or something like that. I think, I don't know, it's just really toxic. At the moment I know where to draw the line, I'm like, yeah, I'm a fallow not gone gone gone, but I'm forty one years old. All these younger kids that don't have the capability to do that.
Speaker 2: Yet there are certain themes that keep cropping up, not necessarily along the lines that we are discussing, but there's one that says this insert whoever it is, well known, star politician, whatever, was sued by the Reserve Bank for giving this secret away. How it's possible to make money in Australia without working. And I see this over and over, and I know some of the people who are being featured in it. The most recent one I saw was Penny Wong. I'm not saying that I know Penny, but I would bet the house on her not supporting this, and yet nothing is done about it. So really, I suppose because to be clear, you think it's a good idea, right, but you don't know how they're going to go about it. And so let me ask you this, if it comes to the point where we all have to say who we are you prepared to subbort it to that extent.
Speaker 23: I struggle with AI. I have a massive fear of AI, and I've seen it. I work for one of the big four banks full time and it is constantly I work in technology, so it is constantly discussed. The fear of AI and especially video generated footage, and you know it happens all the time. It's happening with a lot of famous people saying, oh, I've seen them in a video online. They've said that they're going to do this, this and this, or they know agree with this or don't agree with this, and it's like, oh, that was not me. I never ever once did that. It's scary how real it is. There are ways you can pick up whether it's real or not, but you need to understand the technology to do that. Most people don't. And working as a voice actor, because I'm a voice actor too, Working as a voice actor AI is one of the biggest issues in that industry. So it's not a good thing for anyone.
Speaker 2: So if somebody could take your voice without your permission and use it, yeah, correct. Yes, you also told me when we discussed that we were going to talk about this on the program that you were concerned about a I generated porno or nude pictures at the very least of high school girls in particular, and how disastrous it can be for them.
Speaker 23: Yep, yeah, I think. Well, I've read on the news recently there's been a couple of instances where footage has been leaked around schools or university campuses of particular women, and those women it was not them in that footage. It was their face, but it was not their body. And a lot of these pornographic sides are created by males and distributed to other males. And the scary part was the only reason why this particular person found out about it was somebody she knew had seen it and brought it to her attention, and she had no idea that that was happening. And that's the scary part. If you if you know someone that sees it, great, they can bring it to your attention. But if you don't know, you've got your face on someone else's body c circulating around god knows where, that's scary. That is really scary.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 2: In years gone by, a couple of my more ardent I suppose female listeners thinking it through have sent me photographs. I know it's them, but the photograph has only been from the shoulders down naked I'm talking about. But that wouldn't save them, now, would it.
Speaker 23: No, it's not hard to DoPT something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, And so I guess they're thinking, Okay, you know if he shows it to somebody else, do somebody else won't know it's me. But now you can basically create what you like and just toying around with AI. You know, the other day Dale was generating a picture of Vladimir Putin writing a unicorn and Dale and Dale indeed, but it was so easy to do.
Speaker 3: Miss It was.
Speaker 23: Because there's a lot of programs, and look, I'm not dissing the programs. I use a lot of AI programs. I love Chat GTP, I'm a massive fan of it, and I also like the video content, so I use Canvra a lot, and there is an AI option in Canbra. But I think it all comes down to the integrity behind, like of the person using the app. If you're going to do it for good's you going to use it for something like work related or something like that, I think it's fine. But as soon as you start using it for something that's going to damage someone's reputation, I think there needs to be something in place for that. And I can just imagine that the FEDS would be up to their eyeballs and how the hell are we going to manage this? Like, how are we going to how are you going to legalize or make these things illegal and actually manage it. From that standpoint, I don't think you can. It's too much.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you think the idea is good, but you don't think it's possible to pull it off.
Speaker 23: I don't think it's possible to pull it off. I think the idea is good, though.
Speaker 2: Heah, all right, thanks Nicole. Thanks Mike Nicole Senior, who's a radio host in the Community Spectrum and also a commentator commentating there. We will have some news for you in one minute from now and coming up in the next hour. If you want to send me a text or give me a ring, by all means, let me read some texts to you, and says Mike, our Scottish family clan motto is without war, there is no peace, and so it is today's Suzanne. You're either a coward or a warrior. Hmm, Gene, says I am. I good to hear you. Thank you. Jean Maria clearly hasn't been listening with around backing the hooties, hesbla, Hamas, etcetera. Uh funny they all start with h Yes, it's true, Gene. Okay, news now,