Speaker 1: The damn Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: It is very much.
Speaker 3: It is a Wednesday morning. Look who it is.
Speaker 2: Jimmy's Jimmy is the exec producer in charge of Jackie Felgate's drive program here on three A W Jimmy's Bow. Good morning, Good morning to you, Tony Mack. You are like the hot Mocker of radio hosts.
Speaker 3: I call you the hot war Mocker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you warm me up on a Wednesday morning, even though it's freezing outside at the moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do warm me up.
Speaker 4: And you've got a bit of sweetness about you, and the caffeine that runs through it as well wakes us all up.
Speaker 5: It's just a perfect mix. And I love speaking to you.
Speaker 3: That's very very kind.
Speaker 2: And then then I suppose you've got to decide whether you infect want another taste sooner rather than later, or you'll just move back to the great cap of tea with which you are more familiar.
Speaker 5: I would do a Mocker every day, I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So is that your preferred beverage Moka?
Speaker 4: Oh, if I try and stay away from milk a little bit, so normally the double espresso. But if I want to treat myself if I could, I will go to the mocker.
Speaker 5: What's your order?
Speaker 2: Probably a regular flat white extra shot? Yes strong, yeah strong, so not too milky. And maybe if I'm feeling really bold, half a sugar. Oh, very bold and yeah I know, and that will linger into the wee small hours of the morning. So I picked that up on the way down a round about eleven. I'm still sipping on it just ten past two in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh, I love that. No sugar for me, I'll go with OUs.
Speaker 4: But other than the coffee order, I wanted to ask you something else, because you.
Speaker 5: Are the king of etiquette.
Speaker 4: I think you know your rules and you.
Speaker 5: You're a wise man.
Speaker 4: So when you go out to dinner right because this was brought up, I think on the weekend there was pictures of Elbow and Dan Andrews going out for lunch and I think Dan ended up paying the bill.
Speaker 5: Apparently it was just in the paper.
Speaker 3: I saw that story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got us talking about who pays the bill? How do you decide who pays it? So should the host pay the bill or should you split it up evenly no matter what you get, or do you only pay for your meal?
Speaker 5: Like how would you do it? What do you do when you go out?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends because I think that moves over a period of time. When I was a younger, had a young family paying school fees, I would always hope that it would be a shared bill. Now because of some a good fortune. If I take somebody out or invite somebody out for lunch or dinner, as I did, say Friday night for the birthday celebration, there's a brother, there was some sister, the sister in law partner robs we and I paid even though it was my birthday.
Speaker 3: I paid. It's just easier to do that your birthday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I get that. I get that. That's when I was overseas.
Speaker 4: That's like the common thing that your birthday, you invite everyone out and you pay for everyone. That's just how they do it over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Especially and because I don't want to be smart about this, but you know, I can do that now, but I couldn't have done it fifteen or twenty years ago in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you you know, as you.
Speaker 2: Well know, when people are paying school fees and you're paying off a mortgage and all those sort of things, well I no longer have some of those things to time a hand behind my back. So if I want to be in a position to actually take somebody to lunch, it brings great joy to be able to do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does feel good. I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: My dad used to love that as well, Like he'd take the family out at eat, you know, would bring a friend or you know, whoever partners came and that sort of thing. Dad would say, no, I'm paying for everyone. It's my family, and I say, great pride in that and that sort of thing. But now when I go out, the usual thing we do with my mates is just we order whatever we want and at the end of it, we just split. It doesn't matter if someone's had an extra few drinks or ordered a more expensive meal.
Speaker 5: It just evenly and you.
Speaker 4: Pay it that way. But some people are very particular about it. Some people are no, I didn't pay for it, I didn't eat that. I'm not going to pay for that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm not like that. I'm more just like, oh, whatever, it's a few bucks here and there. It doesn't really bother me.
Speaker 2: Well, what if you even said I If you and I go out and we buy a really interesting bottle of cabinet and we go, oh, that's really really nice. But Janine two seats down didn't have any or only had half a glass.
Speaker 3: You're going to argue about.
Speaker 2: That or you just go, you know, Janine, you go, Jeanine, you're going to do your own thing. We're very happy to for you to share a glass if you wanted to, and if you don't want to pay or contribute to that, that's fine as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm not the one to make a fuss. I would never make a fuss about money or anything like that. I was just I don't right hate you know, fighting over money and things like that.
Speaker 5: I'd let it slide.
Speaker 4: Like if if I didn't have any wine but I had to pay for it, I'd be like, yeah, that's all right, I'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: But some people are different. So there's many arguments that come up at the dinner table because of this. And a quick poet for you as well.
Speaker 4: Do you ever send the meal back? Or you just say I get what I get and that's it doesn't matter if it's not how I imagined.
Speaker 6: I'm not too sure that I've actually ever. That's a great question, Jimmy, I'm not too sure that I've ever sent one back. I've probably said it towards the end of the meal, maybe by way of feedback. Look, I got to tell you, normally when I come here, the past of the dish is just fantastic, whatever it might be. Tonight it was really disappointing, and it's and it's worse because, oh, I'm sorry, we've got a different chef in today.
Speaker 3: The chef was sick.
Speaker 2: One of the younger kids was doing it, and I go, that's fine, but just by way of feedback and just gently.
Speaker 3: Let you know for a future reference.
Speaker 2: And usually one and a half times out of yeah, that's right, And usually nine times out of ten they'll say, Norah's tone. Look, I've just removed I've shouted you that bottle of wine or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So it sort of works out in the end. But these people too are going to make it quick. They've got staff to pay, they're running a business, and so a they should appreciate the feedback, and for the most part, I think they do if it is forthcoming, and you know, because they wanted it's in their interest to be able to stay in business.
Speaker 3: Makes sense to well listen to the feedback.
Speaker 4: See you're a wise man and you're coming to you as a good a good idea.
Speaker 2: It's not always the case, Jimmy, as you well know, one double three six six nine three. We'll get some calls on that, of course. Jackie Felgates program. Just after three this Wednesday afternoon, what's happening.
Speaker 4: You know, my favorite man, Matthew Richardson rich O will be in and we'll talk about something ex It depends what he brings in because it's it always it always works. Last week we talked about vasectomies. Since it went off.
Speaker 5: But we'll see what he brings in today.
Speaker 3: It'll be exciting, it will be. Now.
Speaker 2: My spies tell me this is why you love Richard. My spies tell me that was your look alike. Was actually hosting a very important function for the Richmond Football Club last weekend.
Speaker 4: It wasn't very important, but look they're scraping the barrel at Richmond. They're getting anyone now these days. But I did get a gig there for the Player Sponsor night. I amc the event, so and that was thanks to you as well, because you said, go out and do it, Jimmy, go out and go to toast Masters and put yourself out there.
Speaker 3: Look you, look at you.
Speaker 2: They're hosting big corporate rooms on behalf of the Richmond Football Club.
Speaker 5: Oh you're two kinds. You're two kinds, mate.
Speaker 3: We'll be tuned in from three o'clock this afternoon. Nice to talk to you. One double three six nine three.
Speaker 2: Etiquette when you go out for a bite together with the friends, family, loved ones. Who pays the bill? How does it work in your world? One double three six nine three for Australia Revenue