S1: Hi everyone. Welcome to the Mark My Words podcast. Well, where Mark, there's only two of us. Hello, pig. Hello, Levi.
S2: Where is the other guy?
S1: Where's the great man?
S2: Where's m g? What's happened to him? M g.
S1: Apparently he's.
S2: Got what's what's happened?
S1: Apparently he's got.
S2: A is he got a sniffle?
S1: Do we know what Jules. What the diagnosis is?
S2: Oh, tonsillitis you get you get tonsillitis when you're about ten.
S1: Don't you get that from kissing people.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Has he been kissing.
S2: Big tongues.
S1: M j get well.
S2: Get well.
S1: Is it true you've been moonlighting on another podcast as well?
S2: I had to fill in for the great man milligrams obviously unwell at the moment. And that's what we do here at the Continuous Call team. And Mark My Words podcast. We fill in for each other when we're not well.
S1: I don't get asked to fill in for anybody. I've got enough on my plate.
S2: No MG had to fill in for me on the sideline in Melbourne for State of Origin.
S1: So you sort of levelled the score.
S2: So we're even it out.
S1: Not that we get paid anyway but there's no there's there's no payment for you. You're just covering from well get well soon. Hopefully he's back with us on the weekend for the continuous call team tonsillitis. What?
S2: Thinking of you, mate.
S1: Mate. He's not dying. He's got tonsillitis.
S2: Thinking of you, mate.
S1: Um, well, before we get into the NRL news. Yes, I'm going to start calling you super coach.
S2: Excuse me.
S1: The Dragons had their first NRL w win. Great man.
S2: Yeah they did and not not not because of anything to do with me. Um but no it was a good win.
S1: That you didn't say that off air.
S2: I.
S1: Go he came in here ladies and gentlemen in the podcast going yes, look at me. Saint George Illawarra Dragons. We're one from two. That's 50% Levy.
S2: You're you're a.
S1: Dick isn't Crossy.
S2: The coach crosses the head coach.
S1: He's a.
S2: Great.
S1: Man. Credit for.
S2: It. I'm not taking any credit.
S1: Remove the knife from his back.
S2: But one thing. No, actually, I'm not gonna say it. Let's move on. Let's move on. It was a good it was a good win from the girls. They got a lot of confidence out of. But now it's about building for this week.
S1: In fact, we might. We might talk more about the Harvey Norman Women in league round. Yeah. Um, there's, there's a theme to a few stories for story time in our podcast coming out on Monday. So we'll do that for you. Um, jeez, it's been a big week. Piggy. Um, West Tigers. Jerome Louis um, your great mate Jason Ryles. He must be delighted because he's going to get two origin players in the halves next year.
S2: Yeah. It's a it's a big one for him isn't it. The Parramatta Eels obviously Jerome Louis uh he's free to negotiate. Uh and and the Parramatta Eels have picked him up. Um massive combination isn't it. Um Jerome Leroy Mitch Moses played in the halves in State of Origin. They've played together. They've had success there. So they'll form a club combination. You throw in Isaiah who'll be in his what third year now of um of NRL, uh Talan da Silva and Riley Smith in the hooking role. That's a, that's a handy spine, a very handy spine. The biggest thing for Parramatta that we've seen over the last two years is the fact they haven't been able to keep their players on the field. They've had long season ending injuries to players this year. Um, they'll get them those players back obviously for the start of next year. But they just need to stay healthy, keep their best players on the field, keep Mitch Moses on the field. Um, and you know we'll have to wait and see what they do.
S1: MG your thoughts. Oh that's right. He's not here. Um what's it like.
S2: I we've got to get we've got to talk about the fact that the Tigers are paying apparently $500,000.
S1: Can I, can I let fly.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Like Benji Marshall does a press conference. Right. He does a press conference. I sat there the other day and watched it. So he goes there and he he stares down the media and he says, because I was critical of him on the weekend, I just think it's been handled poorly by the club in general. And for Benji to sit at that post-match press conference on Friday night and not answer any questions on Jarome Luai, I thought it was pathetic that that that I know Benji, you're the coach but you have a responsibility to the fans of your club who pay their hard earned money to support your team. To explain the situation and to just follow it off as if now's not the time to talk about it. Well, when is the time to talk about it, Benji? But then in his press conference this week, when he answered the questions from the journos, he had a crack at the journos who were reporting. There's a breakdown in the relationship between Benji and Jarome Luai. Now Benji has said that that's BS and I've never said there's a breakdown between the playmaker and the coach. But what I can't wrap my head around and you're probably better versed at me to explain. This is when you're recruiting players and you're putting together a roster. I can cop a player getting let go to another club for maybe 100 000 bucks. But if the reports are true and the Wests Tigers are paying Parramatta $500,000, half $1 million for Jarome Luai to go and partner Mitch Moses next year, can you tell me why Benji Marshall would stand there and think to himself, this is a good deal?
S2: Yeah, look, I that that's the biggest part for me is the money, the exactly what you're talking about there. Originally when it came out, I think they said 2 to 300,000, which you can probably wear on your on your roster. You can probably go, okay, well, you know, we're gonna, we're still going to have a large chunk of money that we can disperse to other players or sign other players or, you know, retain players. Um, but when it goes to 500,000, that's, that's a, that's an out and out, genuine, decent NRL player that you're going to lose or lose the opportunity. So um, I thought that was massive. If that is right. Um, that they are that they are paying Jerome 500,000 to play at Parramatta next season then then, but then that's where the questions come in. That's then when why people will start asking questions because they'll say, why are they paying so much money to get rid of this bloke? So there must be something more to it. There must be something more. There must be a relationship breakdown. There must be something else. Because if you're prepared to pay half $1 million for a player to go and play somewhere else, then you obviously are adamant that you don't want that player at your club the next season.
S1: What happens next year, piggy? What happens next year if the West Tigers and their fans are sitting there on the lounge on a Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, watching Mitchell Moses and Jarome Luai tear it up to put Parramatta in the position to win a competition and break the drought that stretches back to the 1980s. Does Benji Marshall front another press conference? Benji Marshall, who's resigned as coach, been resigned until the end of 2030 and say, oh no. We stand by our decision. We did the right thing. It makes no sense.
S2: Yeah, that's going to be the big one, isn't it? That's going to be the issue. You know how Jarome goes next season, uh, how he plays at Parramatta and what effect that'll then have in hindsight on on the West Tigers. Look they obviously believe it's the best decision for their club moving forward. But you know time will tell on that one.
S1: Have you ever been involved in a team set up over the years, where one of your big name players has been like signed by another club or left, and what's it like playing environment?
S2: I'm sure I would have. I'm sure I would have had someone leave. I can't remember off the.
S1: Reason I ask you, right. Because I always I always hear from players and coaches, oh, we don't read the newspapers.
S2: We have to wait in the dressing room. Every player knows what's going on. Yeah, it may have changed a little bit these days, but you would assume, and I'm not involved in in the NRL teams these days. Um, but you would assume because of social media and everything, everyone having access to so much stuff so easily that it would be discussed even more so than what it was back in the day. So I think it would have an effect. I think it has had an effect on that club ever since. Jerome decided to sign with Papua New Guinea in 2028. Yeah. You can see in their results where their where their season's gone since then. Um, so obviously they're looking to cut ties. The interesting thing will be to see what they actually do. What do they do with the money. Who do they sign. Um, I know they've got some promising youngsters, uh, coming in as well, but time will tell on this one.
S1: Is it true the Roosters, when you signed that illustrious ten game career at the. Is it true that when you first walked into the dressing room, the players were like, you know, we talk about whispers in the dressing room. Were they looking at one like, what are we signing this bloke for? Yeah, yeah.
S2: Yeah, they probably did.
S1: I'm joking.
S2: They probably did.
S1: It. And we've spoken about this on air. You can tell the podcast listeners we've spoken about it in the past. I think back to our illustrious and ill fated breakfast show. Is it true you use the, um, the NAD like satellite navigation to get to Allianz Stadium, even though you travelled there every day, every day?
S2: Well, I still use it everywhere I go. I use it every time I drive here for work. I've been working here for 14 years and I still put it on. I just click it on my Waze app and I just click it on to see what time I'm going to arrive at work. If I'm going to be well, I'm always early, you know, I'm always early, but, um, I just have to have it on. I have to have it on. But I want to, I'll tell you the story about when I retired from, uh, when I was at that, that huge contract at the Roosters to finish my career. Um, mate, I was playing Melbourne Storm in Melbourne. I only say because I was telling some some friends the other day about this. We're talking about when you realise you need, you're ready to retire. And um, maybe we're playing the Melbourne Storm down in Melbourne. I was playing for the Roosters and I was playing uh, I was, I was, I was down in the hotel and there was a young bloke there. Um, and he was, he was my roomie. And I'm thinking I'm stopping this bloke from making his NRL debut. That's just what I was thinking in my head. I was like, man, I've done this for long enough. Like, I don't need to do this for anymore. Like, why? Why am I stopping this bloke from achieving something that he's probably dreamt about his whole life? So anyway, I went and played in that game and I think his Olympic Park or whatever, and I was on the field and I came on and I was running up and back in the defensive line and I'm tackling the Melbourne Storm players, but I wasn't thinking about my next job or where I had to go. I was running up and back going, why am I doing this? Really, I don't want to do this anymore. And I remember standing next to the referee and running back up and tackling and running back, and I'm going, I don't like this anymore. I don't want to do it. And I finished that game. I had a meeting with Brian Smith, retired, and that was it. Wow. Yeah, that was the end of it.
S1: I don't think I've ever heard you tell.
S2: That I haven't I, I thought I had yeah, yeah.
S1: So that's very selfless of you to think that you know there's another bloke.
S2: I was done mate. I was done and I think the fact when I um when I was fortunate enough to win the Super League with Wigan the year before with Madge and I think it just in my head mentally I was like, that's me, I'm done. Like I was, I was able to end on that. But then I came home and the Roosters had some injuries in the hooking department, and that's why I sort of got a couple of phone calls from mini and Jason Ryles was at Roosters, Braith Anasta. They all rang me to see if I'd be interested and it went from there.
S1: Hey, speaking of the roosters, you might be able to shed some light on this for the podcast listeners and viewers. Um, Daniel Tupo played his 300th game for the chooks last week, scored a hat trick. Congratulations to him. And there was a, a great celebration after the game for him as well. One thing I noticed, and I don't know whether um any viewers picked it up watching the coverage is the last person he gave a hug to before he ran onto the field. Aside from his wife and his little, I think girl. Um, was Kath King in the sheds? Can you shed some light? Because the reason I wanted to ask you about this is it's the Harvey Norman Women in League Round this weekend, and we talk about the amazing role that women play in our game. Um, now players. Officials. Yeah. Um, but we think back to, you know, mums, partners, wives, girlfriends, um, daughters, we see players take their kids out onto the field. Kath King and the role she plays at the Roosters.
S2: Well Aunty Kath was there when I was there when I signed for my ten games um in and around the club, I was able to see what a contribution that she made to the club. She, she was back then and I'm assuming now is the heart and soul of that club. Um, the players absolutely love her. She does everything for all the players back. I'm talking 15 years ago now, back when I was there everyone would be in Aunty Kath's office. Everyone would be talking to that. That was just that's just how it was. Um, so, you know, there's better credentialed people to talk about, uh, cath king than, than what I am. But just from what I saw when I was there playing and then obviously coached there for a few years after in the lower grades. So I was able to sort of see the huge influence that she has on that football club. Yeah, they would be. I guarantee I could say this, they would be absolutely lost without her.
S1: Well, it's interesting you say that because when we cover rooster's games, we sit up in the commentary box and, you know, when the players arrive, I've often noticed that Trent Robinson will be standing on the sideline. Nick Politis will be standing on the sideline. There'll be a whole range of different people, but the first person, the players will go up and inevitably give a hug and a kiss to is Cath King. Yep. And it just goes to show the respect that she has in those four walls at Bondi. So I think it's just it's nice of us to acknowledge leading into the Harvey Norman women in league round. So Cath King, I know you're a big fan of the Mark My Words podcast. Uh, shout out to you a few other stories around the place. G Cameron Munster is going to be out for six weeks. Knee cartilage issue. So he's had some surgery. Is this going to affect their chances of, um, uh, falling, going deep massively, massively.
S2: They need all hands on deck even to.
S1: Just.
S2: Try and make a run for the finals to, to not have, um, Cameron Munster after origin. Now for that run into the finals is huge. Absolutely huge for them. I don't think they make it. I don't think they can make the finals without Cameron Munster.
S1: Putting them on the line.
S2: Well not really. They're not even in the eight anyway. Melbourne I think they've got some other issues as well. So I don't think Melbourne make the finals this year.
S1: Any truth to the rumours you're buying the storm.
S2: They're for sale aren't they.
S1: You've got plenty.
S2: Yeah. No not not on my uh.
S1: You haven't done the numbers and lined up all the different.
S2: Can't even. I can't even afford to live in Sydney. Leaving.
S1: Oh, turn it up. You live on the beach on the south coast.
S2: I don't, I just live in a normal little house down the south coast.
S1: With a sauna out.
S2: The back.
S1: Tough life, ladies and gentlemen. Tough life. We might take a break. We'll come back and preview the Harvey Norman Women in league round. Big weekend ahead. And we look forward to bringing it to you right here on the continuous call team. All right, let's jump into the tips. The weekend preview, the Harvey Norman Women in League Round and a shout out to Katie Page and Gerry Harvey. They're advertisers here at the network. And I will say this piggy. Um, and I'm not saying this because he's a great friend of the network and a great supporter of ours, but without the investment from Katie Page and Harvey Norman, we're not talking about women's sport like we do in this country. Because one thing, Katie, excuse me, done for a long, long time is she's put her money where our mouth is and she supports them both with her profile, but also with her, um, checkbook as well. And I think that's really important for us to acknowledge.
S2: Well, I don't think the NRL w would be anywhere near where it is either without the support from her as well. Uh, unbelievable supporters of rugby league and in particular the women's game.
S1: Um, just thinking one of the one of the strangest moments of my life was standing at a wedding around a mobile phone watching a golden slipper.
S2: Right.
S1: Um, and I had standing next to me, Ray Warren, Gerry Harvey, Katie Page. And there was one other person. Um, it may. I can't remember who it was.
S2: Can I ask why you're all watching it on a phone?
S1: Because we were at a wedding.
S2: Oh, right.
S1: We're at a so we're.
S2: At a wedding? Oh, okay.
S1: We're standing around a mobile phone watching the guy. Oh, it was John Tapp.
S2: Oh.
S1: Oh. So I had Tapi, Ray Warren, Katie Page and Gerry Harvey, and we're watching on my mobile phone the slipper, the golden slipper. It was amazing. And then.
S2: Whose wedding was.
S1: It? I can't, I can't, I can't remember.
S2: Why wouldn't they have had that played.
S1: At the wedding off the back of it, off the back of it. Tapi stood there and regaled us with stories about golden slippers that he called. And I'm thinking to myself, how good is this?
S2: How good is this.
S1: Anyway? And Katie Page, she was dragging Gerry around. Come on, we're gonna do this. But anyway, it's a great moment. Anyway, we digress. Into the footy Panthers, Broncos, Thursday night footy, Commbank Stadium and some big news to come. I think we can announce it next week. Piggy. We might have a sponsor jumping.
S2: Yeah. Great work. Get on board.
S1: More on that. And it's got to do with the prices for the games. Panthers, Broncos Pink Panthers favourites here.
S2: Yeah. Look I don't think you can go past the Penrith Panthers. Uh, obviously they're all their players coming back in with origin finish now. But um, will be very interesting to see what the Broncos come up with. Obviously the Broncos have been horrendous. But they got their probably their best team for a long long time playing this one. So um I'm tipping the Panthers. Panthers win. But uh I expect a much improved performance from the Broncos.
S1: Speaking of the Broncos I had a great chat to Gorden Tallis at the footy on the weekend. Um, we've known each other for a number of years and we've got a great relationship. We have a good laugh and put crap on each other. Um, I don't know whether you saw the documentary that Fox has done on him. Geez. It's great. I implore any of our listeners to go and have a look at it. Um, the team at Fox did it, but it goes back to sort of Townsville and, you know, his father where he grew.
S2: Up and his.
S1: Mum and oh, just it's an amazing story. And like I always think about rugby league players. Like I say the same thing about me. I've always known him as this big brute and someone who's intimidating, but the more and more I get to know him, he's a softy. You go out with him on the drink, all he does is hug you and.
S2: Kiss cuddles.
S1: And.
S2: Cuddles.
S1: But, um. Gorden Tallis, um, such a ferocious footballer, but really, really decent fella. And, um, absolutely adores his family. So shout out to you, Gordie. Um, yeah. So all the big guns back for for the Broncos. The Panthers have won six of their last seven against the Broncos Friday night. The early game down there at Ocean Protect Stadium. Gee the sharks will be brimming with confidence after their what 66 point flogging.
S2: What do you think of the sharks. What are you thinking of the sharks at the moment? Because I'm looking at this game right. Personally I'm looking at this game and I'm seeing the Knights $2.40 outsiders. And I'm. I'm loving that. I'm loving that myself. And I know they did what they did to the Dolphins, uh, last week, but I'm just I'm not convinced by the sharks.
S1: What do you reckon? They got the dolphins on a bad day?
S2: Well, no, but I'm just saying in general, like for the last how many ever years have they put themselves in the picture in the finals time they've got themselves to the prelim finals, but I just I'm not convinced. I don't know why. I don't know what it is. So I'm tipping the Knights. I'm tipping the Newcastle.
S1: What's your problem with the sharks?
S2: I don't know, that's why I'm asking you.
S1: You're Pooh poohing the sharks.
S2: I'm not Pooh poohing them, but I just can't. I don't know, I just don't see that they can win the comp.
S1: You know what's funny? I'm flying back from Brisbane for origin. Dino Mezzatesta, the boss of the sharks, was on the plane. It's been a bit. I don't want to out him, but poor old Dino, he's in the booster seat on a plane. I felt so sorry for him a little. Yeah.
S2: Can't say.
S1: No. I said I'd get him back because.
S2: How's Shark Park going? Is that fixed yet? Shark Park?
S1: What do you do this to me, piggy? I was about to say something that would have got me in trouble anyway. Dino, nice to see you on that plane. And I told you I'd get you back. Um, so. Yeah. Sharks and knights there. So you're going to go the Knights?
S2: I'm going the Knights. I like the Knights of the price.
S1: Friday night, shark Park.
S2: Yeah. Doesn't matter mate. Justin Holbrook has done an unbelievable job with the Knights.
S1: Sharks have won six of the last seven against the Knights.
S2: See? See what I'm saying?
S1: Matt Croker will make his 100th appearance, and Nicho Hynes has won seven from seven against.
S2: Geez, that's a good start, isn't it?
S1: There you go. Um, we're off to this one, piggy. We're out to Allianz for the roosters and the storm.
S2: Are we carpooling? Have you worked that out yet or not?
S1: Well, it depends on whether I have a fancy car spot. Excuse me? Well, that's the reason why you came last time.
S2: I know you didn't.
S1: Want to walk the ten minutes from the entertainment.
S2: Court. I don't want to walk.
S1: Geez, we're lazy, aren't we?
S2: I am driving the Orioles Friday night anyway. Well, I actually work out. Oh yeah, I am. Yeah. I'm going to drive to your house Friday night.
S1: Anyway, there's 30s of our listeners lives.
S2: Who's playing.
S1: Roosters and.
S2: Roosters and storm roosters. Roosters get all their playbacks, don't they? Oh, Tedesco. He's still in the house, isn't he?
S1: Geez I thought Cody. Ramsey.
S2: Ramsey. Yeah. Ramsey still there. That's all good.
S1: You forget Cody Ramsey's virtually missing half his bow. Yeah I know it's amazing.
S2: What he's come back with mate. That story in itself is is phenomenal. Roosters have won six of seven. Allianz yeah I can't go with the storm. I cannot go with the storm.
S1: You're doing your preparation in while we record the podcast.
S2: No just glossing over it. Some may.
S1: Say brilliant. I'm going to Rooster's Saturday early game down in Canberra. Raiders and Rabbitohs. Rabbitohs $2. Outsiders.
S2: Yeah. And can I ask why?
S1: How are the Raiders favourites.
S2: Because we called. What did I do last week. I did the Bulldogs Canberra game. You know what the Canberra Raiders were were pretty good. But I don't know how. I don't know how they're favourites in this one over the bunnies. And that's saying something because it's your bunnies leaving.
S1: Well Souths only just held on last week in that um.
S2: Yeah I know.
S1: World's biggest birthday party.
S2: Yeah but they're playing. Playing the Knights.
S1: Yeah, yeah. Geez, I got to play 80 minutes. So my bunnies.
S2: Yeah, well, you know what, mate? I'm going the upset there. I'm going. I reckon the bunnies beat the Raiders.
S1: All right. There you are. Raiders have won their last five. Well there you go. The Raiders have won their last five games against the Rabbitohs. Yeah I'm on fire. And the Rabbitohs have lost four of their last five away games.
S2: It's terrific.
S1: It's the reason why they're heading as the outsiders. Piggy um we move on 530 game Saturday Warriors and Dragons from Go Media Stadium in Auckland. I reckon the wires might win the comp this year.
S2: Upset of the season. Dragons win.
S1: You've lost the plot.
S2: Excuse me.
S1: Mate. It's a go. Meteor Stadium in Auckland.
S2: I don't care. I don't care.
S1: Righto. What do you know?
S2: I don't know. I know nothing.
S1: What do you.
S2: Know? I don't know.
S1: What do you.
S2: Know? I'm back in my. I have backed the dragons all year. Every week, week in and week out. They're coming off the bye. The boys got freshened up this week.
S1: Uh, didn't they all go and get on the drink in the hunt or the Gold Coast or something?
S2: No.
S1: That's what I got told by some very reliable sources.
S2: Well, I didn't because I was at work all week and they weren't there. So anyway.
S1: Because they're on the drink and the hunter and the gold.
S2: Yeah. Well, the dragons are. Oh, no. Sorry. The Warriors have won five of the last six games against the Dragons. Dragons haven't won at Go Media since 2011.
S1: Terrific Dragons to win.
S2: I'm going. The Dragons.
S1: You're off.
S2: Your.
S1: Head. Off your head, by the way. Dean Young got the job yet or not?
S2: Oh, mate. Let's look. Look, it's hard for me obviously, to comment on it on a serious note, but mate, hopefully Deano gets it.
S1: Um, do we know when they're going to make it?
S2: I've got no idea about any of that. I don't ask, I just put my head down, bum up when I'm in there. But, um, Deano's doing everything he can to turn that team around. He's done a great job. You can see a difference in the team. He's got plenty of players coming next year and let's hope he gets the job.
S1: Hello. How many times have you practiced that line? Oh, fuck.
S2: Give him the job.
S1: What was the.
S2: Give Dino the job.
S1: But you know, the thing that I get right. And I've got nothing to do with the dragons. I'm a salesman, right? I look at the dragons now, and I run into a few of the boys who lived down near me in the Shire. I don't think I've ever seen them as happy. Like so he's obviously created a great culture and, you know, mood around the place as they've only got had the what? The two wins. Yeah. What more does the bloke need to do. Give him the gig.
S2: So you're also saying that Flynn was ordinary then.
S1: Yeah. She's got nothing. Well.
S2: That'll get back to you.
S1: Let me tell this. I'll tell this. You know what? There's no secrets on this show. So I went out a beer with a couple of weeks ago. No. Yeah. Two weeks. You lost your first game?
S2: Yeah. Oh, yeah.
S1: So I.
S2: Solid.
S1: I was off on leave. Part time leaving here. And, um, Flannery said after he had about five schooners, he said, I'm all over that pig. I said, why is that, Shane? I call him Shane with the wine. He gets the shits. He said, he said, mate, what about his dad? Uh. He's not. What does he say? None from five. No. None. None from seven. Dating back to last year or something along those lines. Not that I checked your record as an assistant.
S2: Wasn't that anyway?
S1: Anyway, and I said he said. I said, oh, so you're thinking he's going to same face, the same fate as you, Flannery, given you lost what, seven, eight in a row and they punted. You know, I left on my of my own volition. I said, I turn it up. Your own volition. I left because of Kyle, I left. Oh shut up Shane. Anyway, so he was into you. So you've had your first victory? Yeah. Anything you want to look down the.
S2: No no.
S1: No.
S2: Two with just one week at a time, one week at a time.
S1: You know what NRL debut season. You become boring. Um.
S2: Give him nothing.
S1: So you're tipping the dragon.
S2: What are we up to? We're up to Bulldogs and the Tigers.
S1: Bulldogs. Tigers.
S2: Oh, geez.
S1: Bulldogs dollar 50.
S2: Yeah!
S1: Really?
S2: Geez. You can't take them off the back of last week's performance, can you?
S1: I wouldn't tip either side, but I'd love the 260 about the Tigers.
S2: Sean O'Sullivan. Uh, into the six jersey. Yeah, obviously we saw Crichton. He said have we got a report on Crichton? How long he's going to be out? Do we know that.
S1: They've named him among the reserves for this week?
S2: So he he's 23. Yeah. Okay. Because that was that was awful. Uh, on the weekend when he went down and all that that was, was looked pretty serious. So yeah, he's in there in the 23. That'll be interesting just to see how that goes. And if he does play, um, you know what? I've got no idea. But how could you, how could you genuinely, how could you genuinely have a bet on this game Like with both teams form. Yeah. Like you just. You'd be taking the 260 the Tigers because it's a better price. Like I couldn't be backing the dogs at $1.50 at the moment. Not not after what I saw last week against the Raiders. Um, mate, I've got no idea.
S1: Just tip someone.
S2: Mate. I'll tip the Tigers in the upset. I've tipped three upsets this week. Who'd you tip?
S1: Uh, I haven't done them yet.
S2: Oh, sit on the fence.
S1: No, mate. No one.
S2: Cares. I haven't done them either.
S1: No one cares about my tips. I want.
S2: Your tips.
S1: So then, do you think m g.
S2: I want I want it so I can bag you.
S1: That's a great photo. You know what I heard? Um, I heard, I think it might have been Adam Hawes on GB this week and for BC on the sports program talking about we don't have any statues outside of core stadium. Right. Oh yeah. Like they've got the king outside Suncorp. Imagine immortalizing that.
S2: Nah we don't want the king in.
S1: No no no. But MGMGMG standing over.
S2: But we want we want m g stands when though after that. And they were going to run off the field. And then he comes back and he gets into his fighting stance.
S1: That's just like Queenslanders going to a cool stadium.
S2: Yeah, I know they get.
S1: The kids, walk past, walk past a statue like you can go and get the king holding up the statue outside Suncorp. But at a core we've got our enforcer standing over the king.
S2: Protecting it.
S1: Protecting it. Exactly where are we up to? Titans Eagles. Sunday, 2:00 Cbus Super Stadium.
S2: Yeah, I got to go to the Sea Eagles. I know they'd be disappointed. What about that Golden Point game last week.
S1: Against the.
S2: Cowboys. Oh did you. Yeah. You were calling it from a core weren't you. What about that. What a finish. Clifford had the kick didn't he. To to win the game in normal time. Missed it. And then uh they they nailed the the one pointer. But uh. Yeah. Drinkwater nailed it. Yeah. See the seagulls to bounce back for me. I think they bounce back and beat the Titans.
S1: Speaking of uh, manly, of course, one of the famous families in the northern beaches of the Johns family. I think Cooper Johns has given you a run for your money on the sideline. Just quietly.
S2: Well, he wasn't even on the sideline.
S1: He's very good. No special.
S2: Comment. It wasn't even on.
S1: The special comments.
S2: That's great.
S1: He's very.
S2: Good. That's good. We need.
S1: More. Are you nervous?
S2: No, not at all. No contract. Hello?
S1: Well, I did say to Darryl, I said, I think Piggy's. I think Piggy's might be taking over you, champion. He said, what do you mean, champion? I'm off contract. I said, come on, Darryl.
S2: Don't say.
S1: That. I said, come on, you've had a good run. It might be time to promote piggy. He said, okay, you know what? That might be the new Dream team.
S2: Oh, look.
S1: The bosses are listening. What about Davey Riddell and Johns?
S2: You've just you've just brushed Jameis.
S1: Off him at the moment.
S2: Oh. Why?
S1: Story for another day piggy.
S2: Oh a bit of drama. Is there a.
S1: Little bit of drama.
S2: Ooh. You weren't listening to the Chad Townsend podcast were you?
S1: And I usually listen to it puts me to sleep. So I listen to mark my words, entertainment personified. Ladies and gentlemen. I can't even remember what the drama is. Anyway, I just think Cooper is very good. Uh, Sunday afternoon, 40 4:00. Dolphins. Cowboys.
S2: Dolphins. Bounce back, bounce back. Massively. Um, pliers back in. Look at that back line. Hammer. Asarco. Boss stock. Farnworth. Cobalt, please. Our standing mate. Great pack as well. I think they beat the Cowboys up at Suncorp Stadium. That'd be a great one. Mhm. Um. Oh, you boys will be doing that one on Sunday afternoon. Dolphins to win.
S1: Dolphins to win. Um you got a multi for this week. Yeah. Do you like.
S2: I'm going to go the Knights into the Tigers.
S1: Oh did you get a price about that.
S2: Yeah. Knights. They're into the Tigers all right. No actually I'm changing it. Oh sorry. I just had to remind myself I'm going Knights into the Rabbitohs. Your Rabbitohs because they're two bucks.
S1: Well I'm going against you. I'm going Rabbitohs into Dolphins.
S2: Okay. That's alright. Alright beautiful. So we need your Rabbitohs to win.
S1: Don't you.
S2: Bloody.
S1: Let us down.
S2: Don't you let us down.
S1: MG milligrams multi.
S2: Mg. Hello.
S1: Tonsillitis. I was just thinking tonsillitis. You're right. I had tonsillitis when I was like 13.
S2: I got my tonsils out. Have you had them out? No. I've had my tonsils out.
S1: Cos I ice cream afterwards.
S2: Yeah. Yeah. I got them out, went to hospital. I still remember laying in bed in my bedroom eating raspberry jelly with ice cream.
S1: Like you're doing that strawberry jelly. Yeah.
S2: Actually maybe it wasn't when I got my tonsils out.
S1: On that note, we gotta go.
S2: Bye bye.
S1: We are back on Monday for our next edition of the Mark My Words podcast. Um, we might rest from that one as well. We just don't want those tonsils. He might come back sounding like Al Al Capone or something. You know, one of the mafia bosses.
S2: How's that going to sound? Oh, welcome.
S3: Welcome to the Mark My Words podcast.
S2: Anyway, let's get out of here.
S1: That's it for us. We'll see you over the weekend, talk to you on the radio and make sure you download, subscribe and leave your questions that we'll put to the boys on Monday's edition of the podcast. Mark my words. Thanks for your company. Enjoy your rugby life.