Speaker 1: On two GB, four BC and network stations. This is a Australia Overnight with Phil O'Neil.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I woke up this afternoon towards the evening, and it was my wife's time to cook dinner. So I got up and I said, hello, honey, what's for dinner? And she said a potato? And I immediately thought I'm in trouble. When I was racking my brain thinking what did I do wrong? Because I'm pretty sure when I got home, you know, I made a coffee, cleaned the cancel atter tray, so I know pretty much done all of the functions that I have to do first thing in the morning. And I couldn't at all figure out what it was that I was in the doghouse for, because I mean, who serves their husband of potato for dinner? And you know where my mind immediately went. Did you ever see that movie with Matt Damon and the Martian where he was stuck on Mars and he didn't have any food, so I grew potatoes out of his pood? Do you know that that was the first thing I thought of. I thought, well, I must be in trouble, because that's it. I've got a potato for dinner and it came out of the air fryar and I said, what's with this? Some potatohn and she said, oh, nothing. You can put some lur pack on it if you want, and some salt. Oh Christ, I really am in trouble now. So I had the potato with the lur pack and the salt, and can I tell you, as God is my witness, it was bloody delicious. It was the best dinner I had had in a month of Sundays. Can I totally wreck amend to you if you've never done it and you're hungry and you're you haven't got time. We've been an air fryer, especially, whacked the potato in there, Whack some lur pack on it, bit of salt. It's a king's dinner. It was mag blood egnificent. Oh I thought I'd shared that with you because honestly, the good news is I'm not in the bad books. Hey what about this? You know we do this every Wednesday morning. It's Peeping Tom. And I've already got some suggestions. How this works is you come up with somebody, a name of somebody, an iconic TV character, preferably because they've always got the best stories. Somebody from around the seventies, eighties will take early nineties. We had Steve Wizard last week and boy did we get some great stories out of him. Andrew McFarland before that, and also Tony Bonner and as I mentioned before, what started off originally as an idea where it was a bit sort of like, let's have a bit of fun. You find somebody that was on a TV ad and then we'll have them on the yeah, get a quick story. This has turned into our very own radio version of Australian story because you get to find out these amazing stories, the backstories about these people that we've seen on the teller usually and we've loved them for years and years, but when you hear their stories, because when you've got longevity, you've got some great stories to draw on. But this is where you come in. You suggest someone that we track down and then by Friday we should hopefully have that person on the phone. We've been pretty good so far, I've got to admit, especially when we found Gabriel Richard's The Pleasure Machine and what a great story she had as well. A lot of people have been asking for the woman in the Sickham Rex ad, the ants pants ad. We're not going to get her. She if we could have got her, she would have been amazing because she's had a life, extraordinary life, married two different princes. I mean, who marries Okay, one prince is sure, two princes one of the chances of that. And I'm sure she didn't find them on Grinder or whatever the app is. So anyway, you suggest someone and we'll try and find them. And the texts are already coming through on this from Tony Hell Like Tony, here's some suggestions for you, Effie aka Mary Cristis. She would be great and she'd have some terrific stories and I imagine she's probably still recognized in you know, her day to day activities too. And somebody else said Vince Serrenti, the comedian, I like it a lot rabina beard made from par Moliv, the co par Moliv liquid commercials, remember the old are you're soaking at it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't know if she's still with us, but that's the other issue. Of course, we need somebody that is, you know, still with us. So suggest now if you could the text number zero four six, zero eight seven three eight seven three. Otherwise you can call one three one eight seven three. It'd be great to talk to you and on the text on the email rather overnight's at two GB. Who are we going to find this week? I'll always look forward to seeing what kind of suggestions that come through. Pete and Lithgo said, how about john Wood? John Wood used to live around the corner from me when I was working in Sydney on two SM in the eighties and I would live back in those days in Neutrabay in Sydney, and he lived just around the corner and I'd see him walking up the street and I always used to stick my hat out the window and go, oh, Quincy. And I could tell it Annoyd in because he looked at me like, yeah, I was on TV, but I was not the doctor from the TV show Quincy. And eventually interviewed him one day and I said, look, you know, I don't know if you know this, but I'm the guy that lived around the corner from you. I used to stick my hat out of the window whenever I saw you and go why Quincy, and he saw what was at you. We had a good laugh about it. But that was brilliant. So who else you got, What about Mulder or Scully? You know what, that's not impossible, David Dukovney, is not impossible. I like the cut of your jib. Whoever sent that one through, please keep your suggestions coming through zero four six to zero eight seven three eight seven three or one three one eight seven three on the phone. Here's the other thing I want to talk to you about, and I want your suggestions about this too. Anthony Alberizi, he had the chance, and it's not through any fault of his own. He did have the chance to try and catch up with Donald Trump at the G seven and he was bumped. And the reason why is because something's going down this morning. Donald Trump currently meeting with his national security team in the situation room. He's doing a bit of you know, guess what I'm up to kind of thing. But I don't want to guess what he's up to because it scares the pants out of me. But he's up to something, and whatever it is that he's up to, I think has to do with the Israel Iran conflict, and will bring you that throughout the morning, strap in folks. But to Anthony Albernezi, he wanted to put forward the case for Australia with the wards most powerful leader, you know, and he was looking forward to it. There's no doubt in my mind this was his big moment and it would be right. You've just been re elected as the prime minister in a landslide. You've just met up with the Canadian Prime minister and he's given you a big cowboy hat. So you've got you know, you've got the hat, and I guarantee you he's going to wear that hat when he met Trump. He would have done for sure, he would have won the ten worn the ten gallon stetson hat and sort of walked out and done the you know, the John Jarrett like we suggested, he does the guy fro him but Wolf Creek. He walks out, he's got the big ten gallon hat on and he's playing the hard man to Trump. Shakes Trump's hand and goes like the guy from Wolf Creek. He goes. You know, immediately Trump is on the back foot. You know who's the daddy. Now it didn't happen because he was left high and dry. So now our poor prime minister is in the situation where he's desperate and dateless. He's been brushed by the most powerful man in the world. Now he's got to go and seek advice from Greg Norman as to what to do next. And I want to ask you this because here's the thing. And if you've ever been desperate, you've got the stank of desperation and it's all over you and people can smell it, you know, when you are desperate, people can tell you're desperate. And I've got a feeling that I bore prime ministers in that situation. Now he's got the hat, he's got the you know, Wolf Creek laugh, got nobody to share it with. What would you advise Anthony Albanezi to do at this particular stage. Would you continue to keep trying to ring to see if you can get Trump on the phone or would you ghost him? Would you go? Now, you know, like, I'm going to have to play hard to get here because I'm really not there. I mean, it's through no fault on my own. I'm not in any position of power at all. Now I no longer have the hand. What would you suggest, because he's going to go and have a chat with Greg Norman, my suggestion would be, and it's I mean, god, this is you know you're playing a different game to anything like way out at my pay grade, my suggestion would be just you know, like, don't ring him, don't try and call, don't even send an email or even like one of his pictures on Facebook would be my advice. What would you do? What would you advise to beat to elbow if you could give him any one? Three one eight seven three look forward to hearing from him. I'm fill O Neil, and it's good to have you here with us. Nineteen minutes past midnight, Hallo, Jason, how are you? Jason sent me an email earlier on today and said, Phil, I do hope that you can continue giving the feel like temperatures. Do you know what's so funny? I thought, if anything that I do is going to annoy the hell out of you the most, it would be the well the temperature is, but it feels like. And I thought I could do it for a week, and I really thought I was stretching our friendship by continuing to do it up to Friday. I thought, that's some stage here someone's going to send me a text and go, you know what, if you don't stop doing that, I'm not going to listen to you anymore. And trust me, I get a lot of those texts and emails, but none on this one. So that's terrific. I appreciate that because Jason also said you can. He's given me some suggestions on where I can find the feels like temperature. So you know, as I say, it's your show, I'm merely a caretake it for this. But if you want me to continue to giving you the feels like temperature, well you know I'm absolutely going to live for that. One three one eight seven three. What advice would you give Albow right now while he's got this desperate and date, let's feel about it. And on the text, who are we going to suggest? And you can ring through to who can we suggest to get as our next Peeping Tom for Friday. I love this segment and I think this segment is going to go for a long time. Speaking of which, we're going to port the Rick Milne Antique segment on once a month for a little while because we feel that it needs a bit of a you know, refresh, and we would like to try it on a once a month basis. So based on that, you can also give me your feedback on that Overnights at two GB dot com text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three once a month, which gives us more chance to find some really quality stuff with Rick milntwo. But please give me some advice and some thoughts on that if you can. Albo got jilted at the ball. The only thing left is to turn into a pumpkin, says Joe. Phil. What about Kylie Male?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Kylie Male? Who?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Because I always confuse her with their feed and I know that who she is, but I don't know who played it. Could you tell me that, Phil? Maybe another candidate would be Leo Sayer. Thank you Tony who sent that. We did have Leosa on for our behind the song segment and he was fantastic and he's got some shows coming up to Thanks Tony for that text. As for Anthony Albanezi, what he should stop doing is talking or taking Kevin right to the to anywhere with his US ambassador role. Take Joe Hockey's advice or take up golf. Another advice for Albow. Come home, tidy at your room, put your lego away, brush your teeth and go to bed and leave for the rest of the stuff to the adults. Thank you, Rod for sending that to me to Here's one that came in from Scott Phil. What Albo should do is just resign and call the election for Australia's favor. Here's a really good peeping tom's suggestion that so far is leading the race. And it came in from Tommy who said, as a peeping tom, what about Steve Bisley who played Goose. Of course you said, you went on to elaborate the best friend of Mel Gibson and Mad Max. Tommy, don't need to tell us who Goose is. I saw they make a lot of those replica motorbikes that he had, and I saw somebody that had the replica of the motorbike, and I said, because it has all the paraphernalia on it, you know, the highway patrol thing, all of the badges on it. Apparently there was a lot of merchandise that went with the Mad Max franchise, and he would be brilliant. I'm certainly on the top of my list right now, Tommy. Is Steve Bill's busily. If we can get him on, that would be terrific. Let's get to the phone morning Ian. How are you mate, Phil? No, No, that's all right. I think you've got to be politically correct. Now, it's a person to in.
Speaker 4: I'm enjoying your show.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I think of paving Tom, what about Tom Burns.
Speaker 2: And Man from Yeah, Man from Snow River.
Speaker 4: And a great impersonal singer of Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 3: Very very good.
Speaker 2: That's right. I remember he did that too, he was Did he sing any of.
Speaker 4: The acting in the clubs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 2: Did he sing any of the songs himself? I think he may have done. He may have picked up a.
Speaker 3: Couple I think he is. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in fact, Dale just confer that too. Although I'm going to be honest, just getting back to an I think it's a great suggestion. I've always thought you and I around the same age, and so we can appreciate that. I always thought that crooners were the laziest of the singers, because I mean, they're really just talking their way through it. And you know, if you can put on a tuxedo, you can be a crooner in my opinion.
Speaker 4: True, but sometimes they can't hit those low notes and those high notes too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're doing it properly, like Michael Boublay, But if you're just simply passing yourself off. You know. I mean I could be a crooner and you could be a crooner quite easily. Whack us into a time and I'm serious, whack us into a tuxedo, take us up to the Rudy hilarisl Sunday night and and it's all in the you know, you do the snapping of the fingers and you know, like come fly with me. Maybe that's not a great one. Let me think of another one, you know, but you know where I'm coming from. I'm right right, mate, nice I told you, thanks so much? One three, one, eight, seven threes the phone number like seeve, how have you been made?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was like, while we're on this topic of different people that put on to get their stories, who was the guy behind Tom the Furter?
Speaker 2: I think that's yeah Mitchell Mitchell, Mark Mitchell. It was, yeah, Yeah, would you like to get him on a couple of days?
Speaker 5: I think that would be that would be a gift. I think there was a story to tell.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see the episode of Extras with Ricky Gervais where he was on a sitcom? He hated it and his catchphrase was you're having a laugh? Do you remember that?
Speaker 5: But it sounds like the sort of thing Ricky gerves.
Speaker 6: Probably.
Speaker 2: Well, then the thing is what the whole point of it was When you're on a show where you've got a catchphrase, and catchphrases are what makes the show. You know, are you being said that's yes, I'm free, all that kind of stuff, but it becomes the bane of their lives. So it would be good to get him on and see how often and everywhere he goes. Whether people go a couple of.
Speaker 7: Days and I thought, yeah, as.
Speaker 2: Though they were the first person ever to say.
Speaker 5: It to them, you know, yeah, that's right, and he's never heard it. He hasn't heard it for the one thousand and millions time or something. Yeah, I mean, yeah, I can see that, but just unders but easy.
Speaker 8: Look, I.
Speaker 5: Think the only realistic way that he might actually able to get any kind of hearing from the American administration is to actually be serious about things like defense, because I mean, I mean, a lot of their they talk about America. First of all, they they want they're allies to step up to the plate, to use a sporting expression, an American sporting expression, the way that they are in terms of defense. Now, I think the pall was something like three and a half percent. Yep, something along that line. What's that about forty billion? Did I hear that figure for us? Apparently for defense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I would say at least that'd be the stony at.
Speaker 7: Least around that.
Speaker 5: So if mister albin Easy actually wants to get mister Trump's attention apart from tweeting that on truth Social where he tends to live, I think that I think he needs to make some serious commitment there because not only is it finally would would they be more willing to at least give us a hearing, but it would be our interests. But I'm not even sure where the mister albineasy be thinking of our interests right now.
Speaker 2: Well, you know this is what everyone has been on this show. I know for a fact, has been banging on about, well what about defense? And you know Donald Trump is saying, as the good Professor himself says, I like to quote his quote, that there are no guarantees and Professor Flint is going to talk about this again later on this morning. And also the fact that you know the Chinese got there, have their warships going in or their boats going into the Pacific coming closer and closer to us. So the professor says, there are no guarantees. And that's what Donald Trump essentially is saying to We keep banging on over and over and over about defense, but the message doesn't seem to be getting through.
Speaker 5: I wonder if there is a cynicism from some and I mean some that sort of says, well, defense usually says every other day of the week or every other time of the year where there's some kind of review, Look, we'd like to have more money, and it's always a money thing with defense. But I think that there is actually real need now to deal with that. I mean, yes, that we've got the August thing, but that's for years down the track. I mean, you can see it now. Will at detentions to the middle least. You're right to mention China and Taiwan. That's a ConFlat that's going to go on, that's going to kick off at some point. We don't know when. And I think that by us not spending something in that region that we just talked about in reference to defense, by not doing that, we're shooting ourselves, to use an expression in the foot, and I don't think that's a great idea good stock you.
Speaker 2: Film, touch you SEV. Thank you so much. One three one eight seven threes a phone number. Text us on zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three and on the email overnight it's at two GB dot com. Let me get to a couple of emails. David sent one. Kylie Mole was played by mary Anne Faye. Well, thank you, that's good to get onto that. And Russell, how are you? Phil? I'm trying so hard to stay a listener, but you're killing me. I switched stations when you gibbered on the last one you worked on, and then I turned back when the music was on. Now you're killing this program. Talk less and let the listeners talk more. You're annoying. The antique segment was one of the best monthly is ridiculous, says Russell. Well that's fine, Russell, But the thing was we were getting like an average of two to three calls per show, where you know, essentially we were Rick and I were you know, shooting to shoot as you do, hoping that people would bring in, and you know, like the periods between calls were stretching longer and longer, and we thought, well, hang on a minute, you know, are people shooting into here the teks or are they hearing us just feel? So that's where we were, aut Russell. There was just a lot of feel going on there. So we thought, okay, for the benefit of the listeners, why don't we just give it a bit of a rest, bring it back in monthly and see how it goes, and then ask for your advice. I mean, I appreciate your advice. Perhaps that was my own stupid, you know, my own stupid idea of asking you for your advice, because Russell, you gave me not just an inch but an entire block. But thank you for your feedback anyway, I think. But yeah, so that's where we're at with that at the moment. But also you can keep your feedback coming through, but be nice. I mean, christ Russell, I'm a human being, you know, and I could spend all night here, you know, from midnight till five thirty in the morning, trying to entertain you there all day working on guests, and I'm bloody tired. And you know, when you send emails like that which are really rude, mate, that's not necessary, you know. I mean, imagine if I sent you an email or a brewd text like that because you served me in a shop rather than say, mate, your service was a bit rubbish. I go, mate, you're just killing the barista industry. Char I'm coming from. Imagine your kid was me working at a radio station and you sent an email like that somebody does to your kid. It's not nice, is it? Really?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Let's just be nice for a change, shall we? Twenty nine to one, Hello Vicky, how are you? Thank you so much for your text? This one that came in from Chris Albow, like a growing number of Western leaders, is not interested in meeting him. This is obviously talking about Donald Trump here. Trump has enough imphsis to deal with. And yeah, Chris, Hey, Chris, I'll get onto your call a bit later. We didn't get you last night, but I appreciate that. How about everybody's favorite guitarist singer from the eighties who turned up randomly on TV in the afternoon, Trevor Filewood. I don't know Trevor Filewood and it doesn't ring a bell, Paul, but I appreciate that. Mary said, maybe albowshe have gone to Washington and met with Trump months ago, like the other world leaders have already done. Instead of piggybacking on the G seven. I expect he relieve not to be seeing Trump in Canada, says Mary. Here's one suggestion Adie's heart throb Alex demetriartists would be good. Wonder what he's been up to for the Peeping Tom segment? What about Donald Trump and and Cad Albow who were interviewing. Thank you. Shane Peter at Lithgo says, how about you get doctor Harry on Albow? Should ask Scott Morrison if he'd be kind enough to negotiate. He managed to negotiate Orcas said Kerry, and Vicky also likes the idea of once a month with the show that we're going to do with Rick Milne. Please keep your suggestions coming through, but also please be nice, as I'm saying to you. Michelle, who just texted me, are you serious? Are you going to waste another hour take talking this cramp about stupid Peeping Tom? Looks like the ABC again, so we'll just hang on a sec. Good. Michelle's turned the radio off. Not to be confused with this. Michelle, how are you.
Speaker 9: Oh that's set up? Didn't give it up by the day.
Speaker 2: Good? Now you've got some footy tips for us, and people want to hear it because a lot of people are very happy Michelle with your footy tips from last week. And everybody is pretty much on an agreement here that you are on a winner.
Speaker 9: Go Ah, jeez, that's good tonight. But I must say there's one little person that doesn't seem to agree. Your little friend Gary, Why does he always have a go at me? Last night? He said that I was wrong about dead Hasler being a manly boy. Right, oh my god. So I'm going to correct him if you don't.
Speaker 2: Mind, please, by all means.
Speaker 9: This is he obviously thinks I have no idea about NRL. I may not, but I know a thing or two about Manly. Anyway, I'm going to get it off my chair.
Speaker 2: No, please, by all means. It seems that everybody wants to vent a little spleen at the moment. So if you wish to do that, by all means, you have the floor. What else would you like to say to defend yourself.
Speaker 9: To say I said Haslar was a manly boy. In fact, he had his best years at Manly, Thanks Gary, and he won Premier shups while he was playing for Manly. I'm happy for Gary to correct me, but I was correct on this front, and yes, Gary is correct. He started his career at Penris, but he spent most of his playing career with Manly Seagulls, and he won premierships Inning nineteen eighty seven and nineteen ninety six. So Gary, tell me I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Maybe he will, Maybe you'll bring you up. Are you sure of your facts on? I believe you, as you know. I'm on your side.
Speaker 9: And he's also coached Manly. I don't think he coached Penris.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, well I'm going to I'd back you up all the way as you know, as you know, unless you've got it wrong, which case when you're not here and I'm talking to him, I'll go, yeah, you're right mate.
Speaker 9: Hey, your allegiance should be sneak. So next time he has a guarup there, you can say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I would have backed you up, but I know nothing about NRL. Otherwise I would have said that.
Speaker 10: I would have said, maybe you're learning.
Speaker 2: Why do you think I might at midnight till five in the morning so I can learn how to do it properly, so one day I can be a contender. During the daytime.
Speaker 9: This is the training wheel.
Speaker 2: These are the training hours everybody. This is where people go to learn. I don't put you on midnight to five thirty am if you're any good?
Speaker 9: Well, how come Dale's been there for so long?
Speaker 2: Again, Let's go through the tips and see what we've got here. Okay, Tigers versus Raiders. Everybody, get your pens out because this is an important round this week. Tigers versus Raiders.
Speaker 9: Who we got Yes, here, we got our raiders.
Speaker 2: Right, got that? Okay, although they're not playing at home, but it doesn't matter. Warriors versus Panthers.
Speaker 9: You know they're playing the Tigers day Why did you? Why did you question the Raiders there? Anyway? Are we going to Warriors this time?
Speaker 2: Don't listen to anything I say. You know that because I just you know if I say anything, it's wrong. Dolphins versus Knights.
Speaker 9: Dolphins, I was waiting for you to step in anything.
Speaker 11: I just told you I'm not going to I know, I know you.
Speaker 9: Don't want anything to do with it. Only and the only time you'll take credit is if.
Speaker 2: We get a good on that second? Why are you why are you having a go at me now?
Speaker 9: I'm cranky I've got a cold. That's my excuse.
Speaker 2: All right, Well I forgot where we're at. Dolphins versus Night Yeah, Dolphins, okay, rabbitized versus Storm, Storm, Bronchos versus Sharks, Bronchos, Roosters versus Cowboys, and the last time I'm going to get you to the Eels and Titans.
Speaker 9: What do you reckon?
Speaker 2: No, don't ask me.
Speaker 9: We were talking about this just before. Let's say, if you've learned anything.
Speaker 2: Who eels?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, it's.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm putting Titans down. Don't cough at me. Hey, MICHELLELS, we love you, Thank you. We'll talk to you next week. Have a good weekend. And that seems silly, Well we'll talk before you but then, but yeah, it seems weird offering somebody the opportunity to have a great weekend on Wednesday. But here we are, all right, coming up to nineteen minutes to one. Keep those suggestions coming through. We've got to make an idea. We've got to have a guess in just a moment. We've got to make a decision on this week's Peeping Tom. Enjoying your texts that are coming through. Please keep them coming. This way as well. Zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three call me on one three one eight seven three. Russell just sent me a nice email, so we're friends again. I'm gonna bit cranky today. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I only had a potato for dinner. It's just difficult when you get out. I'm not God. I want to be a complainer, but I'm going to just vince clean here. It's just difficult when you get out of bed first thing in the afternoon, at three o'clock, at the crack of three, and you know you've been working all night. You open your emails and it's just full of this vitriol. You know, I don't like your show. It's well, just come in here and do it yourself. Then you know you stay awake all night. Here's I told you I was cranky. Here's what we know. Israel and Ryan have ramped up their missile attacks as the world waits to see what action US President Donald Trump will take. After leaving the G seven summit in Canada a day early because of the intensifying hostilities in the Middle East. As you know, he was due to catch up with Elbow didn't catch up with Elbow. So where Albow goes from here, I don't know. And if you have any ideas, any suggestions, any advice you'd give Elbow as a mate, what would you tell him? Don't try, don't keep calling. It's like when someone's broken up with someone, isn't it just Or even when you've just met someone in the bar and you know you've got their number and you want to keep bringing them like that that scene from the movie singles, just don't keep bringing mate, Just let it go. You know he'll call you. If he's going to call you, he'll call you back anyway. So Donald Trump is having a meeting with these National security team right now in the situation room. I've got all the tellies on, so I'll keep an eye out on that. I'll let you know if anything happens. Residents in Tayrm recording gridlock trying to flee the city. Is the global anxiety centered on whether the US would broker and enter the conflict or enter the fray by helping Israel destroy Iran's deeply buried nuclear enrichment facility in fourd Oh, which only the US bunker buster bombs can reach. So they sent the uss nimits out in that direction. Look, I don't know what's going on, but we'll keep you updated. We'll have a chat with Michael Paki because he's our federal politics opera editor from Channel nine. He's in Canada following the Prime Minister's Canadian trip. So we'll have a chat to Michael next hour and I'll say to him, Look, what do you think is going on? Do you think that Yeah, there's something more than meat. Si, there's a very an iconic fire, I guess you will put you could say of Donald Trump leaving Calgary to return home earlier than planned. He's getting on Air Force one. He's a very deep blue sky in the background, so it's getting to dusk. The plane is looking quite blue. He's sort of highlighted by the cameras and also by the light inside the plane. And I'm gonna be honest with it's quite a haunting photo. If you know it signifies anything, it's certainly that you know it's the photo that we will go Oh, okay, Iran and Israel have wrapped up the missile attacks and everyone's just waiting to see what's going to happen now. So we will keep you updated on that throughout the morning. I few whattech's coming through. Keep your suggestions for beeping Tom. I'd like to know who we're going to get this week, but at this stage Steve Bisley will be the person that we're going to catch up with. Hello, Gary, how are you, buddy?
Speaker 12: Yes, good morning. I'm just gonna reply Paul Michelle. Look, I'm a rugby league rugby and applyad uh what you might call. I played for the Navy, I played for the Combined Services. I've made all around the world, and I knew the late Tommy Rodonicus. He was he was an ex Air Force apprentice.
Speaker 3: You know that, did ye?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, but I do know Tommy. I mean I know what Tommy.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: They used to call the Western suburbs the five Rows and mainly Seagles, the Silver Titles, et cetera. Mm hmm, I think John Singleton, you put a lot of money into a new town and uh.
Speaker 2: So, where did Michelle go wrong?
Speaker 12: Then, Gary, Well, she's only repeating what I said. I just said. Yeah, I said, what's his name is?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 12: If you remember correctly, I said bloke who was Uh he's a former school teacher and he played. He's in norgural football at Penriff.
Speaker 2: Right, did you did you want to did you want to tell? Michelle?
Speaker 12: Look, I don't get involved in people who've low intellect, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Look, hang on a second, Michelle, Michelle.
Speaker 9: Hello, what makes me low intellect? Because I know a little bit about Manly. Unbelievable you are. Yesterday he said that I was incorrect. He didn't play at Manly. All I said was he was.
Speaker 12: A manly way way where I said exactly, he started these football at Penriff right. He's a former school teacher.
Speaker 3: Do you know that?
Speaker 9: Yes, that's Sampius and ben fordhen was his students.
Speaker 12: Actually yeah, And I said in the past or I knew Bobby Fulton too. He was on the h is a conscript come on with Sydney is the corporal and him and a MAJORLD with the Asian for the change were taken up and bring him back from Vietnam, et cetera.
Speaker 9: Okay, I've never questioned that all I made. All I said was I'm happy that Manly lost because jess Hazard was a good Manly man and I'm happy for the Tysons. What was wrong with that statement?
Speaker 12: Well, Jess Hasler. How many clubs has he coached?
Speaker 3: Do you know that?
Speaker 8: I don't care.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he went to the Bulldogs, so he won a premierships for them too. Anyway, I don't want to argue with you. I just don't.
Speaker 2: Know that's right. There's no arguments here.
Speaker 9: Is I don't want him to This is purely.
Speaker 2: A new segment I've come up with called footy Chat. You know, it's a work in progress. Bear with me, folks. I mean down the track will have a more florally name, but at the moment it's footy Chat.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no worries and Gary wants to be right all along. I've never questioned Gary's you sent to know so much about But I just make that comment and you always make me feel like I haven't said the right thing, and I was you can't say correct and you're having a guard me because I'm a manly fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And actually a lot of people that live on the Northern Beaches aren't silver Tails anymore.
Speaker 12: Are Paramotta because they came into the competition the year Osborne nineteen.
Speaker 3: Forty seven.
Speaker 2: Let him finish, and.
Speaker 12: They wore the same colors as school I went to and see I was a rail estate blue and gold right. Paramatta was originally called the Free Pickers, et cetera. Now tell me if I'm wrong here, but didn't North Sydney and the Manly Sea Eagles Sydney they operate for two years as the Northern Eagles, Michelle telling you you's wrong.
Speaker 9: Yes, but that wasn't their fault. That was the fault of some gur in the NRL. It I'm just saying, yes, so what that's what happened. And guess what. I was born in nineteen seventy three and I've been following them since nineteen seventy three and that was the year that Manly won the premiership. Does that make me a non believer, a non fan because I wasn't there when they spend the club was established in nineteen forty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Gary, I forgot who signed them on at the moment. Michelle's yeah, Gary.
Speaker 12: Do you know anything about Dennis Tudy, Michelle.
Speaker 9: Should? I? Is he's someone important? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's got you now, Michelle, I think you know. Okay. In the starsh of the Great Footy Chat, which will be a regular segment, I've decided this where Gary wins. I'm sorry, Michellee got you there. You should have had Google up.
Speaker 9: Is he the captain of some ship?
Speaker 2: No, it's too late now, Michelle, you know, come back next week with your Google facts name out of them. Great to talk to both of you. There you go, there's our first episode of Footy Chat. I love them both, although I do think that Michelle probably should have had Google up. Seven minutes to one, I'm pill Owneel, although you can call me Jerry Springer. According to some of the texts that came through with people arguing, well, it was a thing called footy Chat and it was spirited and I liked it. And Maureen said she just rang up. Say hello, hello, Maureen. Nice to hear from you. Let me get to the text and I'll tell you where we're going to for the our. Michael said, go Michelle. Gary might be the one with the low intellect. Michelle needs a bib. She dribbles. There's another one, Marian says, get rid of that, annoying Michelle. She's got a horrible laugh. However, Sue is on Michelle's side and said, Gary's just a name dropper. I got another one here to Gaza. Thank you. So much for your text. I really appreciate that. That's very kind of you. Here's one from Roger. If I was Albow, I'd be doing trade and military deals with China. If America doesn't want to be an ally, look elsewhere. Maybe it would make Trump big albow for a minute. Roger says Trump is a real chicken though he has all the power but too afraid to exercise it. He's a taker. We all know that that means Trump always chickens out. Thank you Roger for your text. However, this one from Mary advice to albow up the military spending and strengthen our alliance with the US. Swallow your pride. We do not want to become an economic convoy of China. More suggestions for and I'm about to make a decision for this week's Peeping Tom. What about Steady Eddie? He would be really good? No name on that. I remember Steady Eddie. He was great? Wasn't he groundbreaking when it came to comedians too, Phil says Tony, A few more suggestions for you. What about John Singleton on the show or Jerry Harvey, Ori Enderly and their son brilliant And also says next time you're making a potato. Well I didn't, my wife did, but put some herbs on it. Brilliant love that. Thank you. Don't forget Sarah Bora with some food later, Philers, anybody mentioned Hoagues who's been in the news of late. I also vaguely remember an ad featuring pro Heart. He had something about a cleaning lady not being happy after he created the artwork. I remember that. Didn't she have to come in with a mob? What you want me to get the cleaning lady from the ad? That could be good. Paul says, you must have between you and Dale some USA contacts. What about Erica Strada from Chips? But brilliant, that'll be good. Carl Barron, the stand up comedian, is what somebody else said here too. A lot of text iming through, and I appreciate those. Sorry, let's get to this. We are going to make a decision. We're not going to do the antique show this week, because what we were doing was it was getting to the stage where Rick and I were just going, Okay, you know that's a stamp. What color is it? Do you lick the back of it? And we thought, you know, it's I think that that segment is still good but needs arrest. It'll be back, it'll be monthly. That may change, and yes, I can appreciate your feedback, but be nice. Here's who we're going to look for this week. Steve Bisley, Okay, Dale, Steve Bisley is a good one. He's still with us. I just checked that he's got some great acting chops. He was Goose in Mad Max. Betty's got some fantastic Mad Max stories. George Kennedy going back to that film, how iconic that was. And I wonder if he had any idea of how important that was that that film was on the Australian cinem the landscape. So Steve Bisley, busily, I should say, we'll try and get him on Friday. Let's get to the news.
Speaker 1: On two, GB, four BC and network stations. This is our Australia Overnight with Phil O'Neill.
Speaker 2: Now, like, how are you so we've got to Wednesday morning. Just got to find the feels like temperatures as well. Okay, here we go in Brisbane. At the moment it's twelve degrees, but it feels a heck of a lot colder than that. Currently feels like minus one. Really that's a lot colder than one would expect. And what about in Sydney, let's sort of look and see him. What so in Sydney at the moment we have nine degrees, but the feels like temperature actually feel like four degrees. Keep your feels likes coming through as well. One three, one eight seven three. Roger said, just a quick message with Michelle. I've given up, given up trying to correct her mistakes. I use Napoleon saying, if never interrupt your enemy when he or she in this case is making a mistake. Yes, but Michelle is one of our team, one of our Overnight family as his Gary, so we should all stick together. Here's another one that came in from Sharon. I said, Phil, you actually have more footy chat on your show than the Continuous Call team. Another text that came in This is about Mad Max two. It's a peeping tom, but we have one for this week. How about Emil Minty who played the little Boy? Was he the one that had the boomerang that was really sharp boomerang? And I think from memory cut off what's his name, Ginjil's fingers. I could be wrong about that, but I think that may have been him, but nonetheless going to Mad Max, we're going to have Steve Bisley, which JJ said should be fantas Steve Bisley will be our Peeping Tom chat Friday morning if we can get hold of him, which I hope we can, and then we can talk about Mad Max and all of the all of the merchandise that went with that, and what an incredible film, What a great time for Australian cinema the mid seventies two and you had Stone there was another fantastic film. So we'll have a chat with him about that if we can get him on Friday morning. One three one eight seven three is the phone number. Text number zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. Email is overnights at two GB dot com. So let's just reiterate that what we normally have in this hour, but we're giving it a rest. I'm going to do it monthly is Rick Milne's show, The Antique Show. I know it's been running for a while. We did find that we were also getting to the stage where we were almost begging for calls for people to ring, so we thought we'd give it a month. That way people can get this stuff together and rather than us just having to stretch out between phone calls, because that's what it was becoming. And it's not through lack of interest. It's just that, you know, the whole point of that particular segment is people ringing up and giving us their collectibles and things like that so that Rick can appraise them. But if we didn't get any calls, then it was just basically him and I talking about things that you know, he'd found, and so we thought, well, you know, it wouldn't it be better to have this once a month so we can get to some really great stuff. However, if you want to give me some feedback about that, you can on the email overnight's at two GB dot com, on the text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three on the phone one three one eight seven three as well, because you know, maybe it's the wrong decision. Maybe we should have Rick one every week. I know that people don't like things when they change. I know people like consistency, and I totally get that. And you know, just in the in the attempt to make things, as you know, the best show that we possibly can for you, that's what we were thinking. But you know, give me some of the feedback if you want more than how to hear from you. So, Anthony Albanezi, he was given his big opportunity to go and meet with the American President Donald Trump. But Donald Trump is headed back from the G seven summit in Calgary. This was the response on that decision from both Richard Miles and Suzanne Lee.
Speaker 1: This is essentially the American president needing to deal with what is obviously playing out in the world today.
Speaker 10: We shouldn't be reading more into it than that.
Speaker 14: It should not be left for Australia to just seek meetings as important as this on the sidelines of an international summit.
Speaker 2: Although he didn't really have much choice, I think in his defense. The update from America, as I mentioned before, Donald Trump has headed back to the situation room at the White House. What's going on there is anybody's guest. I guess he says that he's seeking a real end to this, although Donald Trump has also said he has not reached out to Iran for peace talks. Pete haig Seth has said that the Americans are going to defend their assets. I presume he means by that their assets in the region, and also Donald Trump has said don't touch our troops, So what's going on there, I don't know. I also saw that a moment ago. They also flashed up in one of the news channels. They were talking about the bunker buster, which I think might be something else that you know, may reoccur that particular narrative. But you know, I'm just keeping an eye on the TV's got the CNN on, got the Fox News, got the Sky News, and I'll let you know things as they happen throughout the morning, and maybe nothing will you know, touch Wood. I'm not sure that's actually would to be honest. Now. Michael Paki is Channel Mind's Federal politics editor. He has been on the trip on the tour with the Prime Minister in Canada. We're going to talk to him in just a moment, and then a little bit later on the Good Professor joins us. He's written another brilliant column, as he always does with the Spectator. He's got this week's political news. So we'll talk to him about the situation that we find ourselves in and in another completely different direction. I don't know how you feel about body language, but Yourna Jordana Borenstein is the communications and body language expert, and she wants to talk about chronic overflapping. And that is what you give away to somebody else when you start waving your arms around, and when you talk and you wave your arms around, you can give away some vital clues in terms of body language about yourself, whether or not you're being sincere or insincere. What to look out for with that. We'll have a chat with her. I always find that body language stuff really good, and also too, by the way, if you have a question for doctor Carl Kruziniski for tomorrow, text it through to me. We've had some really good ones zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. I had one that came yesterday that was somebody who said, well, if you're an atheist and you swear on the Bible, does that mean that you can lie if you're an atheist. Well, we'll find out what doctor Carl thinks about that when we talk to him tomorrow morning. And there was also a lot of people wanted to talk about alien hand syndrome, so we'll get him on that too and have a bit of a chat with him and find out what he thinks about that. Also coming up a little bit later, on day Surgery, the Hospitals for Hearts for heart surgery. Jane Griffith is the CEO of Day Hospitals Australia and we'll talk about whether or not heart surgery day hospitals are the way of the future. Sarah Bora is going to do some cooking for us. Garth Davis and we'll talk about this later too and get your calls on it. Garth Davis is a real estate and property expert and they're looking at getting overseas tradees. Are they the answer to the housing crisis? And what they're doing is they're getting trades I think mostly in primarily from New Zealand and giving them ten grand to come and be a trade in Australia. And so I want to know how you, as a fellow trade think about this initiative. It's only happening in WA, but if they roll it out nationally, what do you think about that idea? You can even get in now if you're having an opinion about that. So, and if you were an employer, would you hire an overseas trade Peter Coury, can I tell you all about these letters that are appearing in people's letterboxes which aren't a fine. They look like a parking fine, but they're just a slap on the wrist. What's the point of that. We'll talk about that, and also a little bit later Dr Benzala, Senior Lecturer in International Relations at Monash School of Social Science, we're going to talk about the escalating Israel Iran conflict, where I'm also led to believe that the sirens are now willing in Tel Aviv. Will keep you updated on that. Scott, you've been on hold for absolutely ages, mate, How are you not bad? Good buddy? What's going on? What can I do for you?
Speaker 6: Did you do the comparison between the Lulu's to Fill with Love and the Vinyls the the Vinyls to Deal with Love?
Speaker 2: I didn't know what the good song comparison. I didn't know what. So the Vinyls did a version of To Sir with Love as well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did a cover version.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. When did that happen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Just a mate?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay? And so and the Lulu.
Speaker 6: Version she actually nailed it, she really nailed it. It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay. And do you know who else does a really good version of To Sir with Love? Michael Stipe from Ram it's really interesting. You have a listen to that too. Well, I'll go and have a listen to that, Scott. I appreciate you hanging on for as long as you did. And we'll see. I'd like to be really interested to see what the vinyl's version of to Sir with Love is. Like I get Chris on the Wheels of Steel in the studio next door to tell us what what it sounds like. Matthew says, that's crap. I won't be listening till Rick's back on. He's got great stories and I look forward to his segment. And I've been listening to Nights for decades since Wheelshair, says Matthew. So he's not happy that we're going to have but it's been a fifty to fifty. A lot of other people have sent in texts going, well, you know, I can see where you went with Rick Mill. Maybe we'll make it fortnightly Matthew. Okay, Michelle is a woman. And if ever a woman says correct me and I'm wrong, don't fall for it, it says Wayne and castle Hill, and yeah, be careful what you say there, Wayne, You'll end up eating potatoes for dinner, and also a question for doctor carl This is really good. So where do flies go when it rains? It's a brilliant, brilliant suggest and brilliant question. Maybe we'll give that to him tomorrow too. If you have a question for doctor Carle, text it through to us zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three come up to eighteen minutes past one. Believe we'll be going to Michael Packy in just a moment, the Channel nine Federal politics editor who's been on the Prime Minister's Canadian trip, and we'll find out how the premise is feeling and what the update is from the G seven next twenty pass one. Here's an interesting text that came in from Rowan. Hello Rowan, how are you they feel? A Nathan Kosh is an airline pilot with Quantus who also does and he's a veterinarian too, and he does a great show on Simon Owen on three AW and could also be a good replacement for the weeks when Rick Mills on. Okay, I'll check that out with Dale. I don't know if Dale's heard of Nathan Kosh. No, we don't. We don't know, and I don't know if it's Cosh or Cock, but anyway would probably go with Kosh just to be politically correct. But okay, I'll tell you what, Ron, Let's look into that. Dale's giving me the thumbs up, So we're going to look into that two. And you know that might also be alternative number one for the weeks when Rick Miln's not on. It's nice to try and fresh up your overnight shows too, as much as we possibly can. Donald Trump has angrily but vaguely addressed his departure from the g seventh summit, where he left Anthony Albanezi and other world leaders high and dry. I think Albow would perhaps be the one who was most disappointed by that, because he was ready to have the meeting. So let's go to Michael Packy, who's in Calgary in Canada. Morning to you, mate, thanks for your time. So Albo, it looked like he was going to get the meeting. Now it's not happening. How has his mood been.
Speaker 11: Look, he's just arrived here at the summit center and we're expecting to speak to him probably in the next couple of hours. He's got a few meetings with other world leaders. But the way that his office is spinning.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 11: They're basically saying, well, they understand that Donald Trump had to leave the summit early because he's dealing with the escalating crisis in the Middle East. But I'd say that privately, they're probably not too happy because they were expecting this meeting to happen sometime today and there were a number of issues that did need to be discussed, and it would also be the first time that Anthony Abernezi and Donald Trump would have met face to face. But the thing is, phil is the way that it all happened, I think is quite interesting. So essentially, Anthony Albanezy held a news conference late yesterday after a series of meetings with a couple of world leaders that he had to talk about those meetings and also to be asked about what he planned to talk to Donald Trump about, how he planned to address issues like a trade and obviously the Orcust defense packed, and he went into more or less what he's thinking was in how he would handle Donald Trump in some of these negotiations. But literally, as soon as that press conference finished and Anthony Albernezi walked out the door, a statement popped up from the Americans saying that Donald Trump was going to be leaving early and has canceled all of his meetings that he had planned for the next twenty four hours or so. So essentially the Australians and the Prime Minister were not given a heads up that Donald Trump was planning to leave the summit and that the meeting wouldn't go ahead.
Speaker 2: So he was going to have a sideline meeting with Trump and they now locked it in. It seemed like this was really an opportunity that Alba was really hoping for, and we were asking what people should think that Alba should do next, and I guess that would be definitely something that you know, he would have to try and figure out. Now whether or not, you know, you continue to try and hound Donald Trump to get this meeting, or whether it's just best to sit back and just try and wait and see what happens and to see whether they're approached.
Speaker 11: Well, look, I think he needs to try and get a meeting because I think there's some very clear issues that need to be discussed between Australia and the United States. What I can tell you is that Anthony Abernezi does believe he may and obviously they're touching their language pretty carefully that he may have an opportunity to meet with Donald Trump in September, because Anthony Oberezi will be going to the United States to attend the United Nations Security Council and he's attending that meeting New York and believes that after he finishes attending the meeting that un meeting, he'll be able to travel to Washington and potentially have this one on one with Donald Trump. So that's what I think that Anthony Albanezi is hoping for. And the interesting thing is yesterday when they were talking, we were asking him about what sort of preparation have you done for this meeting. One of the things that he told us and I thought it was quite interesting. He says that he had spoken to Greg Norman, the Australian golfing grade, about how, you know, how he should handle Donald Trump. Because Greg Norman and Donald Trump are mates. So it's interesting the people that they're speaking to to try and get this access to Donald Trump. But despite the fact that they're speaking to people like Greg Norman, you know, people like Scott Morrison, Joe Hockey, who are also really relatively close to the president. You know, they're speaking to all these people, but they don't need that. They don't seem to be able to land meeting despite what they do have.
Speaker 2: They made it aware that what was on the agenda when they were going to have the chat with Trump. Did they make people aware of what it was hoping to discuss.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Look, I think that Donald Trump knew what more or less Anthony Alberesi was going to be discussing. And Anthony Alberzi also made it pretty clear that he didn't want to have a conversation with Donald Trump which dealt with a whole range of issues. Anthony Alberzi says, it's best that when you go into these sorts of conversations with world leaders, you have a clear idea about what you're going to talk about. So so Donald Trump knew that the two issues that Anthony Albernesi would be discussing with the President was going to be trade and getting rid of these tariffs on Australian products. And of course other countries have also been hit with the tariffs by the US. But you know, you've got Australian steel and you've got Australian aluminium that's exported to the US, which is facing tariffs of fifty percent, so I mean the government is trying to either reduce those tariffs or take them off altogether. So that was the first major point of conversation that was going to be discussed with the President. The other thing is this August Defense Pact, because like, there is some suggestion now that potentially the Americans aren't as interested in forming this alliance between Australia, the US, and the U K to build nuclear powered submarines and increase defense capability more generally in our region. It seems that the Americans just don't seem the interest in the Defense Pack seems to be wavering. So essentially Anthony Albernezi was trying to seek reassurances from the President that America is still committed to the Aucust Pack. On the surface, it appears that they are, but I think that there is some concern and that potentially they are starting to waiver given the billions of dollars that are at stake with this deal.
Speaker 2: And Anthony Albanesi not the only one who has left in the lurch. There were other planned conferences with other world leaders. Who else missed out?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, the Ukrainian President vladimit Zelenski. He's spoken now to Donald Trump on a number of occasions, so the fact that he missed out is probably not as big a deal. The Indian Prime Minister Norendramodi he's missed out as well. I think he was also meant to be speaking to the Koreans. There was a meeting with them that had been scheduled, which has now been canceled. So there were a few other world leaders that Donald Trump was meant to be speaking to, But clearly for us, the meeting between Albanesi and Trump was going to be key because it is the first time that these two men would have met face to face. Albanesi is only spoken to Donald Trump by phone on three occasions, but they've never met face to face. So given the scale of some of the issues that are at hand that do need to be discussed, you probably do need to have a leader to lead a meeting where they're sitting down and thrashing these ideas out, you know, face to face, rather than over the phone. So I think that Anthony Albinezi will be sweating on a meeting happening in September.
Speaker 2: Two things One, Emmanuel Macron, the President of France, was the one who said that Donald Trump has left the G seven summit to go back to Washington. Why was it up to Macron to make this statement or did you step up?
Speaker 11: Well, look, I think on that case you probably just stepped up to actually have to explain it. I know that as Trump was leaving, you know, there was general remarks that he's saying that I've got you know, there's there's too much going on in the United States, and with obviously the escalating conflict between Israel and Iran that needs to be dealt with. My understanding is that once Trump did get back to the US, he convened a meeting of the National Security Committee, which is a high powered grouping of defense and other officials, to discuss, you know, what is going on in Iran giving these constant missile strikes.
Speaker 3: But look, to a.
Speaker 11: Certain extent, I suppose you can't also discount that a lot of it is better by the US and by the President. We've got to keep in mind, Phil that a few weeks ago, when Donald Trump was being asked to whether or not he would even attend the G seven, he was wavering and saying, oh, look, I'm not sure if I really want to go to the G seven basically because he thought that he was going to be ambushed on certain issues by the other world leaders. But then in the end he decided to come here. So he made a grand entrance on Sunday night and states for most of yesterday, and then obviously decides to make the grand exit yesterday. So I don't know if a lot of it is also a bit of show in making these entrances and exit Saturday summits. He's obviously not a fan of them because he doesn't want to sign on to what they call the communicates. This is what they've all agreed to after the talks. There's certain things that he doesn't agree with, and he obviously doesn't want to be signing on to documents that he doesn't really agree with in terms of issues like have how to handle the situation with Israel and Iran, the situation in Ukraine. He may not necessarily agree with other world leaders, and he doesn't want to sign on to any document which says that he does right now.
Speaker 2: And Trump also went on to say that he's not going back for a ceasefire. It's bigger than that, So stay tuned, which is at odds with what his White House Press secretary and Caroline leave It had to say as well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see in the next few few hours. Nice to talk to you, Michael, Thank you so much. No problem's going you, Phiel, thank you, Michael Packy there Ken Calgary in Canada. And of course he is the Channel nine correspondent International news correspondent, just letting us know what's going on there with Albow and poor Albow not having the opportunity to catch up with Donald Trump. And as I mentioned before on the phone one three one eight seven three, what do you think that Albow should do next? Do you think that he should keep pursuing it? I mean it's in his best interest to try and keep pursuing it, isn't it. And in Australia's interest, and obviously to keep pursuing the issue with orcas, to keep pursuing the interest that the story of the submarines, whether we're going to get our submarines or we're going to get our money back. So there's a lot that Albo has to discuss on behalf of Australia. But do you just keep continuing to try and get that conversation and try and get that meeting. Well, he's not the only one, as we mentioned, you know, the Indian Prime Minister also didn't get his meeting. Vladimir Zelenski from the Ukraine didn't get his meeting either, the other people that missed out. But if you were able to advise Anthony Albanezi, what advice would you give him one three, one eight seven three on the phone or on the text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. And also, you know, is there anybody else maybe apart from Greg Norman, that you think that Albow can get to try and be his messenger? I mean, you know, Greg Norman is a great cat because they you know, he and Trump can talk about golf, so they've got common ground there. But you've got Joe Hockey as well. I mean, you know, nobody's going to say Kevin right, but you've got Joe Hockey there. You've got you know, It'scott Morrison there. Who's in the mix? Who else do you think would be good to be in the mix on this? What's the next bit of advice you would give Anthony Albanezi going forward? One three, one eight seven three or on the text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three twenty three minutes to two. So I was asking who we could get Albo to, you know, try and help Albo out with his conversations with Donald Trump, and Keith said, what about Stormy Daniels on the text? Well, why not? That's creative. Why can't they build subs in South Australia. There's a text that came through. I think the best they can do is possibly build somewhere between three and five submarines somewhere by about the year twenty thirty. I just don't think that they have the construction ability to do that, but I could be wrong. By all means, if you know the answer to that, you can give me a definitive answer. Please give me a ring one three one eight seven three. Sue said, Albo and Wang haven't really helped Australia by not defending Israel. Tugs wants to talk about some ride share stuff too. Please, by all means, if you want to dispel some myths, Tugs, give us a call. Michael said, I went to a few private groups and something big is going to happen, something quite prominent. He said he found that out when he was on the groups online. Margaret says in Queensland, can you bring back Rick at least every fortnight? Well, you know again everything's open for discussion. It's your show, so by all means, you know, Elbow's coming back to Australia with his tail between his legs. Somebody else said on the text when is Anthony Albanezi coming to China? Was another text that came through, and a couple of other ideas that are coming through as well on one three one eight seven three, including Craig Redcliff. He said, you know the antiques bloke love mate, maybe keep it weakly, surely there's enough material to supply content. Well that in therein lies the rub was the issue that we had that we were struggling to get the callers towards the end, which is why we thought we would rest the segment and bring it back monthly. But we could do it fortnightly too. If you like Mornic John in the rumor, how are you mate? What have you got for us?
Speaker 3: They had just close your eyes.
Speaker 12: Fine, we've solved the problem.
Speaker 6: World News.
Speaker 5: Elbow in bite Donald to pay the best Manly sweatoned and matched him up with Payne long as a bride baite.
Speaker 2: Oh lovely. Okay, so a little bit of a sort of you know, because he likes a bit of reality TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they kill kill ten birds with one spot.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, you know it's a it's a it's an idea. Good to talk to you there, John from Naruma one three one eight seven three. If you would like to give us a text on the phone, yeah, one three one seven three on the phone on the text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. We had a chat with our next guest, Jordana, the communications and body language expert, a couple of weeks ago, and a lot of people gave us some good feedback on that. Seems that everybody's really interested in the secrets that we give away when we have a look at somebody else's body language or our own body language and don't realize we're doing it. So this week let's talk about chronic over flapping, which Jordana, good morning to you, has a lot to do with people and the way they move their arms and they gesticulate, which I think I'm a little bit of a gesticulator too. It's like I'm playing sort of you know, an air organ or something like that.
Speaker 14: So you're in one of the two most popular categories. We tend to be overflaped or we tend to be underflappers. The problem with overflapping is that we have a lot of uninternal movement when we're speaking, which means a lot of the focus of our message.
Speaker 10: People are distracted by seeing that.
Speaker 14: Unintentional movement with our hands, Like I liken it to fill the words when we're talking. So if we're trying to rush through because we feel like all the eyes are on us, will say like, but I don't mean it's just because we really want to get our message across. But we feel pressures so fast and we're not thinking. And it's the same thing when we're using our hands and we're flucking them around.
Speaker 10: It's very distracting.
Speaker 2: I find I do this when I'm searching for words. When I know exactly where I'm going with my stream of consciousness, I don't do it as much.
Speaker 14: Oh well, that's so interesting because there was actually research by a professor of psychology at the University of Chicago. Her name is Susan golden Meadow, and she gesturing while we're speaking actually does light in the cognode, and when we're young, we actually naturally integrate gesture and speech, and our hands really do emphasize, sometimes contradict our spoken words, but they also do play a big role in forming our ideas. So I think you're flapping when you're trying to come up with your ideas and your words is actually part of physical body trying to come in to actually get you to the point where you want to go.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm flapping while extrapolating.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you are doing so many unusual things at once. You're flapping while you're trying to get to the message. And then I wonder, when you get to the message, do you stop flapping?
Speaker 2: Definitely, I put my hands away and leave them by my side. I wonder if it's possible to talk with holding your hands on the side, and I'm doing this while I'm saying this right now, whether or not it changes your thought process, and it hasn't seemed to do that. In fact, by taking out the flapping here, I find that I'm now more focused on the conversation.
Speaker 10: You are not focused on a conversation but as the person.
Speaker 14: And on the other side, your tonality has dropped and you've gone more monotone in the way that you actually shared that message. So our expression is very natural to us. We normally use our hands, so to take them away and not have could audibly hear the change in your pitch when you did that.
Speaker 10: And have you heard of Vanessa van Edwards No?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 14: Oh so she's a specialist in science based people skills, and she analyzed more than one thousand hours of TEDx talks or ted talks, and she wanted to work out what go viral and others don't.
Speaker 10: And so her team.
Speaker 14: Studied all of these variables and the one differentiator they found was gestures. So they found that from this particular period of time, the most viewed TED talks had an average of four hundred and sixty five gestures in eighteen minutes, and the least viewed ones had an average of two hundred and seventy two gestures.
Speaker 10: So we really they help us bring our expression to life life.
Speaker 14: They help us find our words, and it also helps our message land in a much more impactful way because we trust gestures.
Speaker 2: Let me hit you with this scenario. What about if someone's really deceptive and they were using their hands as a smoke screen to deceive you from the words they're saying.
Speaker 14: They would be steps ahead because normally we would use our hands less if we're trying to be deceptive. So if you've got someone who understands and then would use their hands.
Speaker 10: I would say that it would be quite forced movement.
Speaker 14: You wouldn't have that natural flare and that natural expression when we're really coming from our heart and from a place of passion.
Speaker 2: When you see politicians usually making a speech, they do over emphasize with their hands, and I often feel that that is a little bit contrived.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they do quite intentional stuff. So like they'll do future framing. So future framing is where you get your hand in a certain movement and you move it forward when you say a certain policy or you say a certain idea, and so you're literally taking your audience on a journey with you, and your hand gesture is the vision. So it's like we're going to do this great thing, We're going to spend this amount of money. And future framing is a technique that is actually used a lot with politicians when they're taking you with them, you know, visually on the.
Speaker 10: Journey as well.
Speaker 14: Because we use our hands as anchors it's another way to capture our sensory elements. And the more of our you know, sensory elements we engage, the more engaged we are.
Speaker 2: How about if someone's being like a magician, your words are saying one thing, but your hands are actually taking your conversation away from the words.
Speaker 10: So a bit like magic one hundred percent or vice versa.
Speaker 14: In magic, we're either using our words and focusing on the story, the mind elements, the linguistics, we're distracting from what we're doing with our hands, or we're using our hands in a certain way that creates an illusion so that you're focusing on the hands and you can't see what's happening in other areas. But the code in magic is you can't tell anyone how a magic strick is done unless they want to be a magician themselves. So I think I've said enough unless you want to change your career.
Speaker 2: I want to just throw in a name here because I know you like it when I named I did an interview with David Copperfield and he stood in the corner dressed completely in black, and I found out afterwards it's because he's quite small in stature and he doesn't want people to realize how small he is in stature because he wants to come across with the illusion of being grand.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh. I had no idea that he was small, because I've seen him in real life. He was definitely taller than me.
Speaker 2: Yes, he gives you that illusion, and that's why I did the interview with him in the dark in the corner. I found out afterwards.
Speaker 10: Were you wearing neon?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Which I had? Which I had a torch?
Speaker 10: Did you find you? Did you have a flashlight? How did you guide your way through?
Speaker 2: They just pointed me to a couple of darty eyes in the corner.
Speaker 10: And then you're looking at your interview notes. Were you're using your.
Speaker 9: iPhone to it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, this was before iPhone.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, I'll tell on the illusion. That was such a good picture that I had in my.
Speaker 5: Mind as well.
Speaker 2: I can go with that if you want.
Speaker 10: With David Copperfield. Sounds like a really good opening for a show.
Speaker 2: I think, So to hang on there a second, Geordana, we're talking the body language, and I just got a text too that came in from Belinda saying, why do people say yes but then shake their head no. And that's really quite difficult to do too, to say yes. Have a go too to say yes but then shake their head no, yes, no, I've confused my head even by trying to do that one three one eight seven three or on the text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. If you've got any body language questions, more with jor Dana after this, coming up to ten minutes to two, we'll catch up with a good professor, as we do every Wednesday morning about this time, just coming up after two Clerk. He's written another really interesting article in the Spectator, so we'll talk to him about that. We'll talk to him about Albow and where Alba goes from here after the meeting with the President of the USA that didn't happen in Calgary, and also other thoughts from the good Professor about what's going on at the moment in the Middle East, what he thinks the next step will be. So that's coming up. I got by the way I was talking to I can't remember who was Scotty I was talking to from Campbelltown, who said, did you know that there was a version of To Sir with Love by the the Vinyls, which was the Lulu song and I didn't, so we found it thanks to Chris in the studio. B on the Wheels of Steel. This is a bit of what it's out of me. They go the vinyls version of to Sir with Love. I like that, and don't forget tomorrow morning too. In the live lounge, who will we have for the Thursday and wanting live lounge? I believe tomorrow will be going international. Jeff on the text, I'm a martial artist. If I'm talking to someone that's throwing their arms around while talking, I see this is threatening behavior and I will grab their arm and stop it. So Geor Dana's on the phone, and she is a communications and body language expert. How do you what should you do? If you want people then if they're looking at the way you move your arms around, for example, but you're trying to be sincere and you want them to realize that you're being sincere and maybe even non threatening, what would you do.
Speaker 14: Open palms is trust, open palms is honesty. So we want to look at the opposite of what we would naturally do. So if you've been accused of something and genuinely it wasn't you what do you naturally do with your hands?
Speaker 10: You go, wasn't me? And what do you? What do you do with your hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hold them up if you're under arrest, one hundred percent, well you put them forward. You put them forward as if to say, look, there's nothing here, there's nothing hidden.
Speaker 10: Exactly, and that goes back centuries.
Speaker 14: It's a primal cueue, you know, associated with sincerity and transperity and safety and connection.
Speaker 10: And we literally show we're not hiding anything.
Speaker 14: So when we don't use our hands or we hide them underneath the table, very unnatural. In fact, we tend to trust people less if we actually can't see their hands, because there's part of their body.
Speaker 10: That we don't know what's happening.
Speaker 14: And you know, back in the caveman eras, we would see if we would trust someone by what they were holding in their hands? Are you holding a weapon? Or are your palms open? And now can I trust you instantly?
Speaker 2: What about if someone is lying to you or someone's deceptive, if someone's not sussist, what do they do when they're trying to fool you?
Speaker 10: Good question?
Speaker 14: I would say anything anytime we can't see the hands or they're static, that would be a distraction from how would I normally carry myself.
Speaker 2: What about if somebody talks to and they keep their hands in their pockets, because I've always thought that's just somebody who's socially uncomfortable. Could there be another meaning to that?
Speaker 14: Sometimes it's literally just because it is such a comfortable position that they've done for years and years and years. But we always need to think, what is this dynamic that we're in, what is this interaction and what message am I trying to convey right now? Because we tend to see the world. In fact, we do see the world through our own lens. So what happens is I will judge your body language and how you carry yourself based on how I would do that gesture myself. So if I'm in a meeting with you and you're sitting with your hands and your fingers are interlocked at the table, you might be really calm, or you might be you know, considering something, or you might you know, be quite angry. I will look at you and go, how would I be feeling if I use my hands like that right now? And then I will project my own emotions and my own judgment of how I would use.
Speaker 10: That gesture onto you.
Speaker 14: So we need to be open and neutral at all times because otherwise there's a real risk of miscommunication and misunderstanding, even if it's not intentional. So coming back to the guys with the hands in the pockets, like, yeah, as I said, it might be a really calm and casual position, but if someone's looking at us, it's very quick.
Speaker 10: It's a very fast judgment to go, oh they're uncomfortable. Oh they're awkward.
Speaker 14: Oh they don't feel, you know, in their power in this moment. Remember in our last chat, I've got you to.
Speaker 10: Visualize glitter chess, Yes, Mariah Kerry, Yeah.
Speaker 14: So yeah, it's getting us into a confident pose.
Speaker 10: Anything that stops us from punching.
Speaker 14: Down and closing ourselves off instantly opens us up. Confidence equals power, not just for ourselves, but also in terms of the energy that we're actually giving off. Wow, I often get asked about hands behind our back.
Speaker 10: We want to avoid that as well.
Speaker 14: Why is that Because it's a more open posture than having them closed in front of us, But it is also a signal for a level of discomfort or I'm hiding something from you because your hands are hidden. So again, we can't see that, and there is a level of distrust when we can't see your hands.
Speaker 10: Even though it does obviously help your chest be open and neutral. And we don't want a point. We hate pointers. We don't want a point that comes across as a graston.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I always say. Sometimes the hands can't see what the eyes are saying.
Speaker 10: I love your little I'm going to call them pearls of wisdom.
Speaker 2: I just make that up. I tell you, I just came to be like that, you know, And I wasn't even moving my hands to come to that pearler.
Speaker 10: You know, you've got such a convincing tone when you say that. Amazing gems.
Speaker 2: Don't forget that great philosopher that I have studied, George Costanza from Seinfeld when he said believe the lie.
Speaker 10: He's got it all.
Speaker 2: Give people a website, give people some things they should.
Speaker 10: Jordanab dot com at you, thank you so much. Absolutely love that.
Speaker 14: And on Instagram, I'm always sharing tips around body language and confidence and how to carry ourselves and share our voice. And it's Jordana Bornstein, which is really hard to spell, but if you make.
Speaker 2: It there, I'd love to see you I'm glad you said Jordana Mine. I still can't say your name, but thank you so much because I wasn't even going to attempt that communications and body language expert for all the chronic over flappers. Four minutes to two, got the news coming up at a moment, coming up to two o'clock. We'll get your news in just a moment. Here's a text from Paul. If my ears will go the way of Van goffs if I hear the the vinyls to sit with Love again, says Rick, I'd rather hear Rick Miln sing it. That's very funny.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's get your news update. Professor Flint on the way.
Speaker 1: Onto GB four, BC and network stations. This is Australia Overnight with Phil O'Neil morning.
Speaker 2: I just missed that what they said the shortest day of the year was. So if I did tell you it was tomorrow, then that will be good. But I missed it. So if you picked up on that text me zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three shortest day of the year means perhaps one of the shortest morning overnight shows of the year. Two that would also be a bit of a hand in hand as we sort of head towards the middle of the night, in the middle of winter one three one eight seven three on the phone on the emails overnights at two GB dot com. This one from Steve and hey, Phil, I believe Trump just does not like our minister in Washington. Of course that would be the world way Min's Kevin Rudd. Take him away and maybe Trump would be more friendly. Well, we're not quite sure what Donald Trump's actually up to. We spoke to Michael Packy a moment ago. He was following the Prime Minister round. It still is the G seven in Calgary. But Donald Trump has disappeared. He's had to head back to whatever the pressing problem is. I'm sure there's a lot of conjecture about that, and a lot of people think that they know what the issue might be. But he's meeting this is Donald Trump with his national security team in the situation room in Washington. So he had to hurry back in a hurry. And it was the French President Emmanuel Macraw who said that Donald Trump had to go because he had to deal with things like a ceasefire between Israel and Iran. Meanwhile, Donald Trump wrote on his truth social wrong. He has no idea why I'm heading back to Washington, but it certainly has nothing to do with a ceasefire. It's much bigger than that, whether purposely or not. And Manuel or always gets it wrong. Stay tuned. And as I said before, the White House Press Secretary Carolyn Leavitt gave us a completely different view of what's going on. So we're not really sure what's going on in terms of you know, well, we know Albo is not meeting up with Donald Trump, but we don't know why Donald Trump has gone back in a hurry to Washington. He said that he's not seeking a real end or no a biggie parton he is. Donald Trump's seeking a real end, but he won't be reaching out to Iran to have a discussion about peace talks. And Pete hag Seth said that it's up to Americans to defend the US assets, so which I again, we presume him talking about the US assets in the Middle East. So I don't know. We'll keep an eye out on that. I got all the news channels up here. Nothing going on at the moment. Mart yunis never know, do you when news breaks, you'll hear it First, here's a text from Jeff ahead of us having a chat with the good Professor in just a Moment, Professor David Flint, one of our all time favorite people. Jeff said, though the only reason, and we were talking about body language before, he said, the only real place emphasising or emphasizing on gesticulating with one's arm could be considered acceptable in a film set or a theater stage as a lead in or interaction or perhaps queuing a fellow actor. What's funny you would say that, Jeff, because Dale and I were just talking about acting, because we're trying to get hold of Steve Bisley, who is this week's Peeping Tom, and we've managed to find the fact he's an acting coach. And I said to Dale, well, why don't you send in your head shot and you might get a bit more acting too. I don't know if you know if you've seen Dale's chops when it comes to acting, but he's right up there with some of the biggest movie stars in the world, including Superman Returns, Danny deck Chair, Wicked, Love, The Maria Corpse Story, All Saints as well. Did you actually have I don't think he had a starring role per se, unless, of course, you happen to freeze frame on that particular moment, but you know he was in it. So I said, well, why don't you go and perhaps this could be another thing, another string in your bow. You could perhaps get taught by Steve Bisley. We can get him to come on the show and do some stuff for Peeping Tom and this could be again you're calling Dale. You could be back on the Silver stage, or if you prefer, just walking the planks. And he said, no, he doesn't want to do that again. But he did a lot of extra work, and I did an extra work once. I did. My mate Nick Geanopolis did a film called The Wannabes and he said to me, mate, would you like to come on and, you know, be a security guard in Brashes while his child band. It was like the Wiggles signed some CDs in Brashes. You'll be in the background, You'll be a security guard. I said, yeah, okay, no problem. A bit disappointed. I did it because I was supposed to go to lunch funnily enough with Bob Geldoff that day, and I knocked Bob Geldoff on the head in order to go and be an extra in a movie, and because Nick Ganopolis was my mate, and it was, you know, another chance to have new experiences. Not that Bob Geldoff conversation wouldn't have been, But what I did was one of the golden rules that you're not supposed to do. You're not supposed to talk to the actors if you're an extra, and I didn't know that. So I'm sort of just wandering around and you know, one of the actors was there, and I went up and said alo to him, and he was it mortified. He couldn't believe that this lower than anything person would actually dare to desecrate the air between him and you know, superiority by actually going up and speaking to him. And I didn't know that. And so later on I said to Nick Nick Giannoppos, I said, make that guy's not very friendly. He said, no, he's friendly, but you're just not on his level. And I went, well, what do you mean by that? He said, well, because he's an actor, he's a thespian, and you are merely an extra. And I wasn't privy to that world at all. I got more of an idea of it when I watched Ricky Gervai's extras, which was excellent, by the way, But I didn't realize there was this pecking order. I mean, it makes sense now when you think about it. You know, min jury was just a you know, it was an actor who think I've seen maybe once or twice. He wasn't Tom Cruise, for God's sake. But nonetheless, there is this golden rule when it comes to approaching actors, in particular, if you were an extra, and if you've ever been an extra in anything, let me know, give me a ring on one eight seven three, love to know your experience. But the thing about actors, they're very odd characters and you know who they're similar to comedians. Don't ever go to dinner with a bunch of comedians because what you think is going to be a fantastic time full of lives and what have you isn't because comedians keep the whole humor to themselves. If somebody says something that they consider to be funny, or somebody tells a joke, they're they're squirreling it away or mentally squirreling it away so they can use it later. So there was no banter whatsoever. And I went to dinner with the amazing Jonathan Do you remember him. He was the guy that was on Hey, Hey, It's Saturday, pretend to cut his arm off, all that sort of stuff. Very funny guy. I don't think he's with us anymore. And a made of mine Haskell Daniel, the comedian, and I thought, Gee, this is gonna be a great laugh. No it wasn't. It was as boring as because every time you think there was a setup for the joke in think Bang, someone's gonna come in and this is going to be brilliant. They were using that for material down the track. And I'll tell you, but I won't mention his name. I was at an awards ceremony after the show. I think it might have been People's Choice Awards, one of them, and there was this very famous Australian actor there and I don't want to mention his name because I don't want to. You know, Shitcam the guy. He can't defend himself, he's not around. I mean, I'd like to, but I won't.
Speaker 3: But he.
Speaker 2: Comes across as one of the most affable and lovable Australian characters in a movie ever. If you saw him in a movie, you love him. You would love the character that he played in an iconic Australian film. He was one of the most lovable characters ever in an Australian film. So with that in mind, I said to my mate, look there he is over there. Let's go up and say hello to him and bring him up a bottle of wine. And he was talking at the time to Deborah Fulton, I think that was her name, Deborah Fulton. She was the newsreader on Channel ten. And I went up and I, Hellai, how are you? And I gave this guy, this really famous Australian actor who I thought was going to be the nicest guy in the world because of the character that he played in this film, that you would know this film. I could tell you you'd know straight away because you've seen it, but I'm not going to tell you the name of the actor. But so I went up there and I said, oh, mate, here you go, here's a bottle of wine from me in my mate, and the effing and blinding and what I had had coming back at us and we were just dumb struck. We couldn't believe it. My maid and I looked at him, I was like, what did he just say that, and Deborah turned around and said, no, he's always like that, And I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. One of the nicest people you think you would ever meet, based on the character that he played in this movie is the complete antithesis of the kind of miserable person this person is. And you wouldn't believe it. You wouldn't have picked it. You would never pick it. Now if I said to you, ruin the movie for you, if I tell you who he is, you know it. You'll never be able to watch that film again the same way. So it just goes to show, you know, you can't judge a person by the character that they play in a movie. If you see someone who comes across as really a lovable, nice person, the possibility is that they're, yes, Paul on the texture right, they come across as a certain kind of person that they are not. They're really really well this one in particular anyway, Waite. So the point of that was that we're still trying to get a hold of Steve Bisley, Steve Bisily, if you can give us any tips, because he's our peeping Tom. At this stage, Dale's found his acting class that he does, but it's also requiring Dale to send a a headshot and his bio and a few excerpts from his reel as well. In order to get you don't know Dale, you could end up in Mad Max six playing one of the villains, playing the character that, to angry Anderson doesn't want to play. Hopefully we'll be able to get Steve Bisley the track seventeen minutes past two. Good to hear from you if you want to send me a text or an email, or you want to give me a ring, because it's nice to share the morning with you. Zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three emails overnight at two GB dot com on the phone one three one eight seven three. Let's catch up with our good friend, the good Professor David Flint after this, coming up to twenty minutes past two. Good to have your company. I'm fill O'Neil and the email is Overnight's at two GB dot com. Here's an email from Will, Hello, Will, how are you? Trump has dropped hints he does not like Australia's current left wing fascist government, says Will on the email. The innocent groups, the innocent people now dying in our Suburbs is directly linked to the immigration policy now in place, and this government has a lot of blood on their hands. Make Australia fairdincom again, says Will. And I've got to tell you, I do like that. Make Australia fairedincom again. M AfD fadder. It's kind of like maga, isn't it m A f da because I'm terrible with acronymics, but anyway, yeah, I quite like that. Make Australia fair dinkom again. That's terrific. Note of what I came in from Franny on the email. Hello Frannie, how are you Phil? I enjoy the overnight show. I'd rather hear Rick every week. I find him entertaining, regardless of whether or not he receives or cause or not. This is of course Rick Mill that we're in the discussion right now about what we should do with this. And also I appreciate you know the other information that you gave me, Frannie, but I won't talk about it on the air. On the air it's nice though, nothing wrong with it. But the other regulars are great and really add to the show. Well, thank you, Frannie, and thank you for being civil on every email too, and we're talking about you know, Rick Milner, because as we said, you know, the whole point is to keep the show interesting. You know, I don't care. I mean, I will have on whatever you want, if you want your show. I'm merely here as a conduit to either keep you entertained or try to stop you from falling asleep, or to try it for make you fall asleep, whatever you fancy. But you know, as far as Rick Milns concerned, another text came through. This one's from Julie who said, instead of monthly for Rick Milns Antiques and Collectibles, could you wean us off slowly and make it fortnightly. We could do that, Julie, As I said again, but you know the point is that doing this overnight show is we just want to make it interesting for you. You know, we can bring in a lot of guests and all we can you know, talk a lot. We've even had that discussion too, because Mike Jeffries takes lots of calls, goes through the mornings with that, and we talked about that and said a couple of weeks ago on the text, would you rather we just took guests or rather just took calls all the way through the morning, or would you rather we mix it up with guests, And the majority of the people that got back to us said no, can you have guests on? So that's what we're doing. But you know, it's all the work in progress. And again, you know, the reason why I'm here in the middle of the night is because I'm learning how to do this. Consider this my apprenticeship. You know, they don't put you on the great daytime getigs. You know, you know, if you you know raw like I am, if you're relatively inexperienced in the talk back arena as i am. So the whole point is for me to learn as well and to get with your guidance, you know, some idea of making the best show. So that's the point of it. The point of it is to try and give you the best show that we possibly can over night. And so any figurebaut you want to give us will be great. Will says nothing might be in the third wheel. Donald Trump had a headache. That's why he's gone back to the US. There was another text that came through, and this was about the shortest day too. Hello, Susanna, how are you shortest day in Australia is during the winter solstice, occurring on June twenty one. Where are we at now, June eighteenth? I thought it was tomorrow, they said that though, Susannah. This is the day when the southern hemisphere is tilted furthest away from the sun, resulting in fewer daylight hours and the longest night of the year. Well, I okay, Susanna says twenty first, I thought it was tomorrow, So I'll keep an eye on that. Please keep your text and emails coming through one three one eight seven three. It's also the phone number if you like to do that, zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three and overnights at two GB dot com. Also on the on the email as well. And somebody else just sided texting to by Rick about Rick appreciate that?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 2: What was I going to tell you? Okay, I don't know what's going on with Donald Trump. I've got the tellies on, I've got CNN on, I've got Fox News on, and I've got what's that one that's Sky News UK. Nothing going on at the moment, So if anything does happen, not expecting it too necessarily, but you know, it feels like there's a bit of a chill in the air. Well, obviously, we'll talk to you and bring that to you straight away. Now speaking about political news, if you want your political news, don't go any further than this man.
Speaker 1: Now on overnights, Professor David Flint analyzes the important events of the week.
Speaker 2: Oh, finally, some sanity shall prevail. How are you good, professor?
Speaker 3: Well, there you Phil and how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm very well. I'd like to talk to you about a lot of things. We're pretty much on the same page with this article. Another great one you've written in the Spectator enriching Beijing flirting with Tehran. Let's talk about that certainly.
Speaker 3: Well. The government, the Australian government, which is that a hard lift leader. He comes from the hard left, was the American far left, and he is breaking away to some degree from American policy. And I'm not surprised that he is obviously not prepared. He doesn't want to go to the White House. He knows he'll be he'll be in difficulties there when he appears before the President. And this idea of slipping it in on the sidelines of the Gen seven was never a good idea. There would never be enough time to deal with the problems appropriately. But he just doesn't want to see the president. And I'm sure he's delighted by the fact that the president has gone off.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that?
Speaker 3: Okay, right, that's my view. I don't think it's at all disappointed. I think he's delighted because the last thing he wants is to have to face the president and who's going to try and cover it with peripheral matters. But the President was going to really come to the very important issues, particularly of the fact that we are just not attending to our defense, we've let it run down terribly, and that this is a government which shows a real sheepishness in relation to Beijing. I think they're very happy to be the quiet tributary state of Beijing and misbehave in any way. And we saw that when the Chinese Communists came with the Navy and started a firing exercise in our waters in our economic zone. That didn't tell us about it, and we had to rely on a civil aviation pilot to tell us that this was going on. And then they went round the country where they obviously were conducting an intelligence operation in relation to our ports. And what we're doing. And it's extraordinary when you look at the situation in relation to climate change. And I must say once again we said were having a very cold winter for a world in which the climate's supposed to be warming, and we've had a very moderate sumhow we don't have the heat waves that we used to have. But there's an obsession with this, But scientists to support the view that man is contributing to climate change all agree. Nobody challenges but position that what we're doing is not going to change the climate in the slightest. We're spending this enormous amount of money, We're running down industries, We're changing what was a cheap and reliable grid, We're changing that to something which is expensive and something which is unreliable. And nobody's benefiting except for a few people who are supportive of this, particularly those in the political class who are behind candidates and who are making a lot of money out of renewables. But the only organization which is profiting from all this enormously is the Communist Party of China. It's extraordinary, and why are they doing this. Why do they take the view that we must be very quiet and say nothing when the Chinese navy Behos Provoca. We've just got to accept all this. And then in relation to what's happening in the Middle East, they've pulled away very much from American policy. When we were asked to provide a ship, not because the Americans needed a ship, but because they wanted it is a multi national fleet to go there and deal with the hootsies who are terrorists funded by Tehran. The government refused to send one, which is the first time I think we've done anything like that. And we're pulling away from Israel. We seem to be treating Israel as though Israel is the hostile country, whereas everybody knows, and Trump has been the one to work this out, that America and Israel can't allow Tehran to have atomic weapons because they're very open agenda is and they now it in the maxims, the slogans that they pronounce regularly, death to Israel and death to America. And we know that this dangerous, quite insane regime will do terrible things if they get nuclear weapons, and they seem to be intent, or there seemed to be intent. They are intent on getting them, and Israel cannot tolerate that because as Nettano who said they had one holocaust in the previous century and they're not going to have another holocaust. You know.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about the other day too, just moving back to China, I saw this story Orrancy and End's website. China's aircraft carriers send message in the open Pacific for the first time, and bigger and more powerful ships are coming. It's just there on a website, and it's not like it's hidden.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the leader has made it very clear that he wants to know by twenty seven whether the Chinese forces are in a position to take Taiwan.
Speaker 2: Well, that seems to be the date that's bandied around a lot too, because a lot of people have said, you know, under the cover of darkness, with this current distraction, that you know, we can look at that. But I'd heard twenty twenty seven bandied around a few times.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, several times. And it would be an obvious thing to do if you were going to do this, to do it when the United States is engaged heavily in the Middle East, that would be the ideal time. But as I've been arguing that column for a long time, there is an axis which is Moscow, in Tehran, Beijing and Piangyang. And that axis is an axis which is completely against our concepts of Western civilization and democracy in the rule of law. It presents a very rival view of the world and it's something which goes completely against what we believe in.
Speaker 2: So what do you think is going on?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 2: For the last month the Chinese aircraft carriers operating closer and closer to us and further from their own shores. Are they testing their technology testing the waters?
Speaker 3: Without doubt they are, and they're testing what they can do in the event of the struggle. And the news has come out recently that communication devices have been found in solar panels and turbines and even electric cars which would allow those engaging to turn off the power to these things, and that they're also have been looking at the ways in which we communicate with the rest of the world. Jim mole and warned that if there were an invasion of Taiwan, we might not know about it because we might find that our communications with the world have been turned off, which would be very easy to do. But you know, when you don't, you have the ships that can cut through these things. There have been cases which have occurred in Europe where cables have been cut. They think by well, they know by Russian vessels that these powers are considering, they're contemplating the ways in which they should react if there is a breakouts of hostilities concerning example, concerning Taiwan, as there have been breakouts, as there is a continuing war in the Ukraine, there is a war in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: And as you've said time and time again on this program, but of course on your articles as well, that Albanesi and the government just seem to be turning a blind, iron ignorant i to this.
Speaker 3: Yes, they just don't seem to accept that these are the serious problems. But what we've got now is this ridiculous idea that they're calling both sides to de escalate and go into negotiations. There was a stage in the Second World War when the principal powers came together and they said, what the position is of the West in relation to Germany and Japan was unconditional surrender. There were going to be no negotiations. There was going to be no way in which there could be any any conditions imponies by either powers. They would be just they would have to be absolutely defeated, which of course they were. There is a time in struggle when that happens. And President Trump, probably against the wishes of Israel, insisted on sixty days in which Tehran had the opportunity the choice of voluntarily stopping the development of atomic weapons or having it imposed on them, and on the sixty first day Israel attack, because Israel cannot tolerate Tehran having nuclear weapons, because they know that these will be exploded over Israel and be worse, probably than what happened in the Second World War.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about history repeating after this, you don't mind holding on a moment, certainly, good to have you here with us. At twenty one minutes to three, We've got the good Professor David Flint on the phone and will take your cause. If you have anything you'd like to add after you've heard part two of our chat here with David Flint, will do that in just a moment, or on the text you can text now zero four six to zero eight seven three eight seven three. Just before we get back to the good Professor, Donald Trump has just tweeted on his Truth Social Truth social page. Is it tweeted that you go on Truth Social or post it anyway whatever. He said that we know exactly where the so called Supreme Leader is hiding. He's obviously talking about the leader of Iran here. He's an easy target, but he's safe there. We're not going to take him out and then brackets kill at least not for now. But we don't want missiles shot at civilians or American soldiers. Our patients is wearing thin. Thank you for your attention to this matter. He's also just tweeted out a moment ago as well, unconditional surrender, just those words. And he's also said that they now have complete and total control of the skies over Iran. So that's the latest with Donald Trump and what's going on with the situation in Iran, and we'll keep you updated with more details about that as they break throughout the morning as well. Back with them, Professor David Flint, thank you so much for holding on. I was saying off air a moment ago when we were talking that it does feel like we've got some kind of history repeating here, maybe even going back to say nineteen fourteen. Are you seeing any parallels here?
Speaker 3: It is possible. There's no requirement that this will happen. There's no there's no promise that this will happen, but it could happen. And if the resistance is such that a number of powers in this axis of evil decide to act together, then there could be a well. I suspect that they won't. I suspect that, as with the fall of the regime in Syria, Moscow will remain silent because they're over committed. In relation to the Ukraine, I doubt that the Chinese Communists will have been very careful since since Korea and Vietnam. When they were defeated effectively by another communist country in Vietnam, they realized that their armies weren't weren't tried and tested, and that's why they went back and they've really built up their armies. But of course they still know that they haven't yet been tried in the field. But they have advanced remarkably in ensuring that they have the latest of everything in relation to their weapons. They've been very good in getting the necessary intellectual property, often taking it from the United States and then using it and with they're very good scientists developing it even further, so that they are very much, very powerful in relation to military matters, and they do it more cheaply than the West does. They do it without the problems that you have in the West of environmental considerations and the need to have the approval of various levels of public authorities. And they're able to take advantages that are available to us.
Speaker 2: So, if you're going to draw a parallels between nineteen fourteen, has the spark that ignited the conflict already happened or is this still a possibility.
Speaker 3: I think we've gone further than ever, or further than at any time since the Cuban affair. Remember the Cuban affair where the Russians were establishing bases in Cuba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christiev I think that was wasn't That's right?
Speaker 3: Yes, And they could reach the United States with weapons there if they installed the missiles and so on, And Kennedy issued an ultimatum, and the Russian ships continued to approach the United States. The world watched in horror, and fortunately the Russians turned around, they pulled their forces back, and the Americans made some concessions in in Turkey, they reduced some bases there, and the Russians did not proceed further with the very dangerous bases that they were going to build in Tuma.
Speaker 2: Well, because the solution to that was Kennedy offering them to not have a loss of face. Are we in a position where we have diplomatically the opportunities to do that now.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Iranian Mullers are worried about face. I think they are worried, however, that they've been reduced remarkably by the ingenuity of the Israelis. The Israelis have really been able to destroy, as they say, decapitate a lot of the power in Iran. They've been apparently instructed by Trump not to kill the Supreme Leader, which obviously is within the within their You know, they could do that because they have done some remarkable things. And remember, for example, when they they used or they use all of the mobile phones of those who were acting for the regime and they.
Speaker 2: Use them as bombs, that's right, the blackberries and the pages.
Speaker 3: They yeah, yes, the pages, and this was this was a remarkable thing. And the fact that they have been able to penetrate into Iran, They've been able to get into places and have people eliminated who are running these affairs. That has really shocked the Iranians. The government in Iran is very unpopular. We foolishly, under Carter pulled the rug under the Shah. The Shah was an authoritarian leader, he argued. He said, well, this is the only way you can rule Iran. He's got a rule it with a certain degree of strength. But he he really advanced the country. And when you look back on films and photographs of life in Tehran at the time of the show, women were dressed completely in the Western style. They were looking very attractive and up to date. They were taking part in life and being involved in businesses and other activities. Since this crowd of muellers have come in, they've turned everything back to something belonging very much to the past, and they are really hated. Seems, as far as I can see from what I've been reading, by the Iranian people and their hold over the country as weakened. And it's a question, as you said earlier, to an extent of face, not that the regime worries about it, but face before the Iranian people, and if they're seen as being weak, this will only encourage Geronians to take action against them.
Speaker 2: So do you think that this is what this is all about then regime change. And if that's the case, I mean previously with Iraq and Afghanistan, that didn't go down too well.
Speaker 3: No, I think that if they do that well. For example, in Afghanistan, the Americans handled it very badly. As you say, there was a move to bring back the king and restore what was the old system of running Afghanistan, which is what they did. But they rejected that and established brilliant place people who should not have been running the country, and it certainly didn't work. And a similar thing happened in the Iraq. They're not very good.
Speaker 2: No, Well, there was never a contingency or an in game or any kind of plan. From what I could gather.
Speaker 3: The old powers from Europe are much better at this. The British work and the French were bying in people from the existing ruling class and ruling through them. But the Americas allowed anybody to come in whom they thought might be a good rule of the country, and they weren't the sort of people that should be doing that. We saw that in Vietnam, we saw that in Iraq, and we saw that in Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: Well, history just repeats itself on that, doesn't it over and.
Speaker 3: Over, and although no power, particularly the British, was able to take Afghanistan. The way they ruled most of India and many of their colonies was through the existing ruling class, as did the French, and that worked very well and quite often it produced a better form of government at the time, because it allowed for the modernization of the country and the elimination of practices which weren't acceptable in a modern society. Of course, for example, in India they got rid of suti, which was that there was an obligation on the widow to jump on the sumi or power of the man who died, and that so offended the British they made as illegal, and it was of course obviously very good for the women of India.
Speaker 2: The article in the Spectator this Thursday, it's called enriching Beijing flirting with Tehran. Let's talk again next week if we're still here.
Speaker 3: And I was very interested in Keith Suter's comment about the Shah.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, there was a quote from you once again where there are no guarantees. I liked that quote too, You've given us because that applies to everything I think it does. Indeed, quickly, thank you David thank you. Eight minutes to three. Hello, Craig Redcliffe, how are you? Thank you for your text? And another one came in here, but I didn't get a name for who sent this. I heard the same as you, though, Phil Short a day of the year, maybe tomorrow, that's what I thought. I heard in the news too, but it may be Saturday, June twenty one. I'm not sure that's what Google says Saturday June twenty one, so maybe our news meant to say that, or maybe they did. Maybe we were only half hearing. And thank you for your recipe for potatoes too. That's what I had for dinner last night. Surprisingly good. I thought if you heard earlier, I thought I was in trouble when my wife said we're having potatoes for dinner, and I thought, well, what about the rest of it? And it turned out was really good. I highly recommend it. So we'll talk to Sarah Borer and what she's find out what she's got for us this morning in the air fryer. I think it's a curry, so we'll find out what that is. Maybe we can name that as well. Text up a zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three, or you can email us at two GB or overnights. I'm sorry at twogb dot com. Hello, Leoni, how are you? She says Phil, I really enjoyed the interview with Professor Flint. I can't sleep at the moment as my three and a half year old grand is having a tonsils removed tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm having her two year old sister with me. I hope everything's okay, but I'm a bit anxious. No, I think that's absolutely fine. That is routine. I remember having my tonsils out as well when I was about probably eight, somewhere between eight and ten, Legoni, although I didn't think they did that as much anymore, or maybe it's only when you get older they don't take your tonsils out by all means. Correct me on the text if you can zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three on the text. Do they still take tonsils out at a younger age because it was a stage there where they just thought, you know, we don't need to do this, there's another way around it. And I certainly think when you get older. Because a friend of mine's a lead singer in a band. His name's Brian Molco. He's the lead singer of the English band place Ebo. He's had really bad trouble with his tonsils for years and years now and they can't take it out. And I think he said because he was over a certain age, once you get to a certain you can't actually have your tonsils out. But I'm not sure when that is certainly not in my own profession as a doctor, as a surgeon, I don't like to talk about that very much. Speaking which Jane Griffiths, the CEO of Day Hospitals Australia, will be joining us very soon in the next hour to talk about heart surgery. Day hospitals are they the way of the future. And the thing that you have to think about with this, and I never even thought about this is the longer you're in a hospital, the more chance you are of contracting something like a virus. Whereas if you're in there, in and out in a day, then you've got less chance of that. I mean, you don't want to go to hospital to get sicker, but sometimes that does happen. There's a lot of viruses flying around. That's what happened to my dad towards the end. In the end with everything else that went was going on within kidneys and everything. The problem was that he caught RSV I think they call that, and so as a result I couldn't actually go and visit him in his room because because I'm muno compromise and because he was highly contagious. So that's one thing to think about when we talk about heart surgery day hospitals. Are they the way of the future. Well, that's yeah again one reason why if you can get it done in and out in a day, then by all means do Peter Vegan from four BC Breakfast Joints is a little bit later on this morning too, and also we'll catch up with Garth Davis, real estate and property expert overseas. Trade's the answer to the housing crisis. I think they're offering trade's up to ten grand to come to Australia from places like New Zealand to come and do the work because we don't have enough tradees why. I don't know. These are questions that we will have answered a bit later on. Keep your text coming through and I'll get to more of those just after the news. And some more suggestions that you've had as well that i'd like to explore for this show. That's all coming up. Let's get to the knees.
Speaker 1: On two gb BC and network stations. This is our Strougler Overnight with Pill O'Neil.
Speaker 2: Here we are in the middle of winter, in the middle of the night, at seven minutes past three nine degrees in Sydney at the moment, but it actually feels like four degrees. Haven't clicked under the Brucebane one yet and I'll do that in just a moment one three one eight seven three if you'd like to give us a ring zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three on the text emails overnights at two gb dot com. As you know, we've moved Rickmilne, who was on once a week to once a month, but also opening that up to discussion with you in case you want to work, you know, have it as a fortnightly thing. Mix said, well, how about the idea of having Rickmilne fortnightly. And then we have Nation Nathan Kosch who's on three AW and Melbourne with his Pets and Jets segment, so he talks about pets and he talks about jets. He's an airline pilot but also does pets and they was talking to Dale about this and said, you know what, there's probably something in that, not maybe necessarily talking about airlines, but certainly talking about pets. And we think that, you know, maybe that's an opportunity for us to do that, to keep your suggestions coming through on zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. I mean, I'm happy to, you know, put on whatever you like. I'd like to act as a conduit towards your evenings morning's entertainment, so you But as I said, the thing that we found with Rick was that it was drip feeding when it came to getting the calls on the air. So we thought, well, let's try and freshen things up. By the way, Brisbane thirteen point five degrees at the moment, but it feels like thirteen Hello, Gene, how are you? Maybe if Rick is promoted the night before or discuss history of various islands, Gene, we could do that. But again we did. We just found out that it was just grinding along a little bit and people knew that the segment was coming up, Gene. But nonetheless we're still found that we just weren't getting the interaction that the show and the segment used to have because perhaps people don't have as much stuff that they want to try and find out about how much it's worth. But anyway, all of these are thoughts go into the consideration the consideration tray, which is metaphorical because it doesn't exist, But we can make one for you if you like to. Hello Dretta on the Central Coast, Phil, I'm glad you liked your air fried potato which my wife made for me for dinner last night. Gee it was nice too, really good, she says. I cook everything in air fries, everything from cakes to banana peels. Have your wife google the recipe for banana peels. I didn't know that. That's brilliant. What did we do, Deuretta before air fries? It's like what did we do before the mobile phone? Air fry is one of the greatest inventions of the last few years. Just talking about Dale. A moment ago, we were outside talking about excuse me, regime change in Iran because I said to him when I heard the news, I said, look, something's going to go on here with Donald Trump, or nothing's going to go on, because there's a lot of saber rattling at the moment. Even as a look at Fox News right now, Donald Trump is saying our patients is wearing thin. He's told everybody to evacuate two in Tehran. Millions of people took that as a good indication to get the heck out of Dodge. So something could go on or something may not go on. But I was talking to Dale outside and we were talking about, you know, regime change. And one thing's for sure is you know, democracy won't work. The idea of Western democracy won't work. So who knows what the getty the endgame is. Hey, I'm going to play Paul McCartney song in just a moment because it's Paul McCartney's birthday, and I'd like to get a suggestion from you as to what you would like me to play to honor Paul McCartney in our Music News segment, Would you like something from Wings? I still think the Wings was a via superior band to the Beatles, which has people up in arms about, you know, me saying that. It's like me saying I think Nickelback was a better band than Foo Fighters, and I stand by that too, But I still like Wings in anything that McCartney did with Wings over anything by the Beatles, but also the solo stuff could be good too. What would you like me to play for Paul McCartney. I'd like to play Band on the Run, but that's a bit long. That's the only problem with that. And the other one. I saw a couple of songs from the Venus and Mars album from Paul McCartney I thought might be quite good too, like letting Go or even Uncle Albert Admiral Halsey because there was a anniversary of that. So anyway, let me know what you think for a Paul McCartney song, a Wing song or a Beatles song. Please on the text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. How are you Wendy?
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm signed, except that I have a feeling that we're back in the nineteen thirty nine when Neville Chamberlain was denying that Hitler was a threat and he could be negotiated with. And here he comes back waving a piece of paper saying, we've got pie piece in our time.
Speaker 2: I remember that getting off the plane. I think were getting on the plane. Yeah, I was getting off the plane.
Speaker 8: Was home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. So who's playing the role of him?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 8: Oh, I don't know, maybe somebody like Elba Easy, I mean our government denying completely that China and all the others are a threat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean he's not living in.
Speaker 8: A full's paradise for too long.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It seems to be that everybody that I talked to on this show, including you, Wendy, it's talking about the focus isn't on defense for a for Australia. Professor Flint talks about it every week too, and as does Terry Barnes, and everybody on the phone says, you know, our emphasis, our focus has got to be on defense. And also somebody suggested perhaps that's why Trump didn't really doesn't seem that keen to talk to Albanzi because albans is not coming with anything in defense of Australia.
Speaker 8: I agree with that. I think that Trump would or listen to somebody who talks the way he know what Easy talks as an insult or anyone's intelligence.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Yeah, what do you think is going on at the moment? Then with Donald Trump? Do you think that this is all just bluster, a bit of a saber rattling.
Speaker 8: I really don't know. I mean, I'm not okay, with what Trump is doing, he may be trying to hold off the inevitable war that going to happen. You can't reason, we desp you can't reason with tyrants.
Speaker 2: No, that's true.
Speaker 8: They won't listen to reason.
Speaker 2: Although at all. And actually, you know what, even threatening Wendy, that doesn't doesn't make any difference. Either doesn't because you know.
Speaker 8: Well, we've got to remain to remain for safe. Each country's got to remain strong with defenses, and we haven't got that. Australia's are sitting duck. Really, it's awful when you think of it, but there you go. We've got a couple of idiots running the country and that's all I've got to say. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Well, you're welcome, and you know you can ring any time. And by the way, Sharon loves hearing you on the air, Wendy, so she appreciates that. Are you sure that this is it? You don't have anything else that.
Speaker 8: You want to No, I haven't. I'd like to tell you that I've got a silent God, it's flipped my mind that I've got silent supporters who don't really ring in, but they listen to me.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 8: Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: No, you've forgotten something. No, you've forgotten something.
Speaker 8: Did I yes, I forget nound. I'll remind you.
Speaker 2: I know, I do know that. But you've forgotten something you promised me. Do you remember because I told my wife about it. She said to me, Oh, I'm a bit worried about your feet getting cold and you're getting cramps this weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I told you to put your feet on your wife's back.
Speaker 2: No, I said, I'm not a pervert. But the other thing was, that's not perversion. It is in my house.
Speaker 8: It's a good it's a good reason for a divorce at all.
Speaker 2: You promised me, I said to my wife. I said, my feet are cold, as she said, okay, we'll go into town and we'll get you some bed socks. And I said, I don't need any bed socks because Wendy is giving me hers.
Speaker 8: Oh, I don't wear bed socks.
Speaker 2: You had said you had some bed socks last time we chatted, and you were going to give them to me.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, yes, you did.
Speaker 2: I remember? You know, I remember. Well, I've been telling everybody about Wendy's bed socks and how much I can't wait for you to get them to me and.
Speaker 8: Will you just oh, well, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: You were you lying to me, Wendy. You were lying to me? You don't have bed socks.
Speaker 8: From worry back here. Really, I'm like, I tell things I don't mean.
Speaker 2: I feel like I can never trust you again. Could you knit me some?
Speaker 8: I know I miss everything up.
Speaker 2: Ye could you knit me some, Wendy?
Speaker 8: Oh I can't knit? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, only because I love you so much. I'm going to let you off. But I've been, I have been telling you.
Speaker 8: I'm grad you still lightly, of.
Speaker 2: Course I do. But I'm a bit disappointed because I did tell my wife that you know you and I almost like we're having an affair. I'm getting your bed socks, and.
Speaker 8: Now that'll be the day. That'll be the day.
Speaker 2: Bless your Wendy. Take care lovely. Bye kay bye bye bye bye. Okay, So, eighteen minutes past three, I have some suggestions coming through here for the song we should play from Paul McCartney to celebrate his birthday. But keeping coming through zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three and will make a decision after this twenty one minutes past three, We're going to talk about these day hospitals where you can go in and have surgery and be out in a day. How do they work and how does that work with your private health insurance too. I'm getting your suggest for a song to play for Paul McCartney on his birthday. Lisa said, photograph by the Beatles wasn't photograph, Lisa, Wasn't that a ringo star song? And it was a solo ringo star song? I'm not sure about that. Michael says, could you please discuss how to air fry potatoes? How about we get Sarah Borer to give us a potato air fry recipe. Dale's in and Dale was just wanting to find out what it was that we put on the potato at home, and I said lurpak. He said, I've never heard of blurpac, and I just presumed it was something that you know was vegan. Turns out it's not vegan. It's an English thing. My wife's English. So maybe that's where lure pack comes from. But if you haven't tried lurpack, give it a go, because I tell you it's pretty nice, made with full cream milk. I didn't know that though, because I didn't take milk. But you know, beggars can't be beggars can't be choosers when it comes to potatoes that well know one known saying it's a good Wings McCartney song. Thank you Duncan for that suggestion too, Geen. I haven't heard the segment that we were talking about, but Jean says she doesn't like it when it's on in Melbourne on the weekend, so she's not a big fan of it. I haven't heard it the guy that does the Jets and the Cats or the Jets and Pets. So I was gonna have a listen to it. But if you don't think it's a good idea, Geene, well I might even go with your suggestion there too. Also, Sharon says, I don't need an air fryer. This one coming up from Mick Pau McCartney coming up would be a good song to play for his birthday. Winter Solstice is on the twenty first, twelve forty two pm. To be exact, how much time do we lose Mick? Is it something just like a second or something like that? Let me know about that. Another text that come just came through from Michael. Let me roll it from Michael, he says that's a good one too, Paul McCartney song, if you're looking for one? Hello, justin how are you this warning in Blacktown? How's the temperature made?
Speaker 7: It's pretty chilly. It's pretty chilly, that's for sure. But used to being a night shift worker. But anyway, so are you working?
Speaker 2: Are you working at the moment? Mate?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, not at all, not at all, so but used to the hours just in the way, And yeah, I was just wondering about, Well, I have a bit of a theory with Trump and him leaving the G seven and this dramatic, dramatic exit. I just I really think this has been a set up from the start with Netting. How are you visiting Trump in mid twenty twenty four at Mari Lago? I mean, I think this has all been pre arranged. I mean, to me, on the surface, it looks like Israeli is sort of winning this conflict, and I think they just don't have the weapons to destroy the nuclear facilities. I think this is all pre arranged.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it's easy to be skeptical, and understandably so, because you know, we live in dangerous times and we have every right to be skeptical about this. I'd had saw I saw somewhere talk of a bunker buster. Now, the bunker buster is something that can do the work that they want if they need to. In terms of the Iran's nuclear program, I'm led to believe it's underneath concrete that Israel perhaps don't have the equipment to do that, that perhaps the Americans do. That just came up as a fleeting story and it didn't really have that much substance to it. Do you think maybe that's what's on the cards here?
Speaker 7: Look, I have no doubt. I think if you really take a standback and have a look, there is no way Israel would undertake this if they didn't have the pre arranged capacity to take out the nuclear types, I mean, neither deep underground. Sure three or four bunker busters would come and do it, and you know, maybe one of the mother of all bombs, you know, at the end, and that will just take it right out. But I think that might not be exactly right. But I really think this is the plan, and I think this has been well. When does the head of a country like net and you go in and then visit the ex president of the United States, who's who is trying to become the president at his own personal residence for a big meeting.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, maybe curry favor and head your bets just in case would be one of my suggestions.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But I mean, I don't think I think the secrecy will be enough that this could never be proven. Perhaps, But I mean, I think common sense sort of comes into this argument a little, just a little, and I think that you would. I think the the biggest question is would Israel undertake this venture knowing that they couldn't take those sites out? And I'm just sort of thinking to myself, well, I think that, you know, I mean, I think Israel's desire to get rid of their capacity to have nuclear weapons is a reasonable sort of planned considering what Iran has stated that their goal is to eliminate the Israeli state. So you know, when you talk to your dictators, like in Iran, you listen to what they tell you.
Speaker 2: Threat I hear what you're saying. But you know, the other thing is and I read because I've been reading loads and loads and loads about this, and one of the things I read the other day was just an opinion piece that said that this in a lot of ways. Sounds very similar to the approach to the weapons of mass destruction, which you know was the reason to a war in a Raq, which you know, depending on whatever way you want to dissect, that could have been about the oil. Could also have been about regime change, and regime change is being bandied around. If the idea was for regime change, then coming up with the root, well, coming up with the roofs that you know they've got nuclear weapons, then you have then you have essentially what we were duped into. And I'm not saying this is the case, and I don't know, and this was just an opinion piece, but you know, could it be perhaps another smoke screen?
Speaker 7: Well, I think there's one essential difference between the two. I think with the Raq most definitely the world was duped into that and the UN was duped and in.
Speaker 3: Lots of ways.
Speaker 7: But I think in this case, I mean, you've got It's not like Saddam his saying was coming out saying he had weapons of mass destruction, was going to unleash it. And look, I think in this case you've got the run saying we want nuclear weapons, and there's lots of people, I mean, these are agencies which are saying that they are getting very close. And you've got to remember there's also been the Russians coming in. They're allies with the Run. They've been coming in and potentially I can't speak for sure, but the word on the ground was that they are helping them, and if not materially, at least in the information technology space. So look, I think there is a difference there, and I think that you know, I don't think there's any deception in regards to Iran's desire to get a nuclear weapon, but.
Speaker 2: How much I think the thinking is how much do you know? How fine down the track are they really down? You know, are they days away or are they months away? Or are they years away from actually having.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, the UN an agency Atomic agency has said that they are a fair way down the train, So that's I mean. I can't see the UN falsifying that information. I just can't. I think we have to remember this has been an ongoing contentious issue for fifteen years. And if you think to yourself, let's go back to two thousand, what was it, two thousand and seventeen, I think that the JOC forgotten the name of it. The JOC deal with Obama was called off by Trump, and I mean, that's a lot of time under the bridge.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, they see, they did seem to be making inroads, and I think that, you know, there was also a lot of politics in terms of you know, Trump wanting to just overturn that decision because he just perhaps didn't like the fact that Obama was making in roads there. But I just I'm reminded of and you mentioned, you know, the UN when they were pursuing I think it was the fourteen the Amendment fourteen forty one, which was where they were trying to find out whether or not, you know, under the ruling fourteen forty one, they weren't allowed to have chemicals of male weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. But it was actually and I think you're right. I don't think Saddam Hussein said that they did have weapons of mass destruction. It was Colin Powell who went to the United Nations. They held up a vile of anthrax and he said, look, this is what we're up against. And then down the track he said, oh, you know, I wish I hadn't said that, because we were you know, fed false information. It's hard to know who's got one, and you know nobody's going to be transparent about it either.
Speaker 7: Well, I think the I think that situation in the UN with Colin Power one hundred percent. I mean, they even set up a witness from Rock to verifyle this where she's come out later and stated that she was persuaded, if you want to put it that way. Look, I mean I think they said these are two thuations. I think during an analogy between the two, I think they're not analogous. I think they're apples and oranges.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Iran has openly stated they want nuclear weapons. The UN Atomic Agency says, yes, they're further down the path. And you know, I can't say whether or not that information is corrupted by the Americans or Israelis, but I think the UN generally generally and only came generally so far. I think the Atomic Agency is pretty straight up. I don't think that they're corrupted. I mean, that's just I mean, to go to that argument, you'd have to suggest that the UN Atomic Agency is corrupted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's reasonable to assume that they are further along. I don't know if they're only as the Israelis have stated six weeks away and all this sort of stuff, but or whether the Israelis have corrupted their information influencing Trump. I mean, that's that's another angle that you could look at. But I think that I don't think it's anything like that other situation. I think that analysis was pretty misplaced.
Speaker 3: I'm thet it go.
Speaker 2: I better go. But mate, I really appreciate your calling through justin ring any time. Mate, It's nice to have a great chat with you. I'm going to get to work this and then get back to your music news and more of your text. But I just remember article fourteen forty one, I think it was called going back to two thousand and three, and I remember the United Nations Chief Inspector was he called Hunts Blicks I think from memory, I remember him running around saying, you know that the hang on you just being a bit too soon here, you know, let's try and get some more information sort of remember that period quite quite clearly. Strangely enough, all right, three thirty three, twenty seven minutes to four in the old school. Do you want to know what it's like down the south coast, Well, John will tell you freezing zero point eight degrees, but it feels like two point three more of your text emails coming up. And also we'll get to the song that you've suggested, so in music news we can celebrate Paul McCartney's birthday. How are you this morning? Anyway? And it's pretty cold out there in the middle of the week. It's Wednesday, heading towards the weekend, it's nearly hit that downhill stage, but we've still got a bit to go yet. Hello, Gene, how are you phil? Why with all the construction companies, Jean says on the text, why have they gone bust? Where have all the workers on these jobs gone? That is a damn fine question, Gene. I was thinking exactly the same thing. And we're going to talk about this a little bit later on this morning with Garth Davis, who's a real estate and property expert, because they're trying to get overseas tradees to come and fix our housing crisis, and they're offering them ten thousand dollars. As you say, way to pay ten thousand dollars? That's crazy. And also thank you for the suggestion for all you need is love, Gene too for a port mcartney, Well, I'll tell you which song we're going to get too into a moment. But that's exactly what I thought, Geane, because okay, tid yaka. But I'd be a laborer, even at my age now if this ended tomorrow, I've often thought, you know what, I'd like to do, something like laboring, and anybody it's a labor or a trade would go, are you're kidding?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 2: It's hid yaka? You know what? It's good. Honest's work though, too, isn't it. And I can't go into the it area, and nor would I want to, but I would. I would shovel stuff if I needed to. I've got no skills in anything else. I can't build anything, forget that. But if you just came to you know, like digging holes or things like that, or you know, like laying bricks or something that I could actually do, I would do that. And I quite happily do this. And Dale, by the way, said he'd be a postman. And I've also thought about that, you know, the idea of doing honest work. To me, Jean, it sounds like a really really good idea too. And after forty five years, I'm ready up this ends. I don't think i'll go back into I think I'll go and do something like that, which is honest work. So I'm really interested, Genas. And the money is good too, isn't it. So I'm really interested to talk about this a little bit later on this morning, Gene to find out, you know, why it is that we need overseas tradees and we'll take some calls on that too. Hello, Bruce, how are you Seven countries already have nuclear weapons? Iran would make it eight, he says on the text, and Iran would make sure the other countries had nuclear weapons as well. How would the world function if twelve countries had it? That's unclear? Chris said, Hello, Chris, how are your buddy? Regarding our military position? I agree with Wendy. I was born during World War Two and saw the horrors of the Vietnam War. And by the way, Albanizi refuses to act against the fake Palestinian compatriots he has fostered in our midst and due to his pretend cohesive action the voice and he's done nothing to help the outback tribes live any better. The man's a fraud, a perfect example or exemplar, as you say, of the Peter principle shown in every statement he makes, and I know you meant to say exemplar to Chris, and I would never argue with that. I don't offer our people ten thousand dollars. There's somebody on the text, are you an employer, because by all means bring me a little bit later. I'd be interested to see how employers would feel too, in terms of getting overseas tradees to try and fix our housing problems. And that's not disagree with that. Yes, we do have housing problems. I was talking about lure Pack before. Lure Pack is the same butter they use on a well known cooking show. I didn't know that sid Wayne and Duncan said lure Pack is a Danish brand. Well, we've certainly got Dale on board with the potato and the lure pack. So we'll give you an answer as to what he thinks about that a little bit later on. Let's get to today's music news, and we'll talk about which song I'm going to play from Paul McCartney as suggested by you, because it is Paul McCartney's birthday today, born in nineteen forty two. Other news that we have nineteen seventy seven on this day, June eighteen, was that Fleetwood Mac's song Dreams went to number one on the Top one hundred. Was the only song to top that chart, the Hot one hundred. I didn't know that. I thought that Fleetwood Mac would have had loads of number one songs. Here's a game changer. Eighteenth of June nineteen forty eight, Columbia Records started the first mass production of the thirty three RPM thirty three revs per minute long player. The new format could contain a maximum of twenty three minutes of music beside, versus the three minutes that you could get on the old seventy eight RPM disc. So an annivers thary, the records still going. It's cost more than a CD these days. Who would have thought that records would out last CDs? Isn't that crazy? And here's another one for you. Van Morrison, Cindy Lauper, and Toby Keith were among the inductees into the Songwriters Hall of Fame at a star starded galas a gal in New York City. Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcier was also inducted posthumously, alongside the band's Robert Hunter. Just on the subject of Van Morrison. Then that was twenty fifteen. Van Morrison was under a record contract with his record company and he didn't want to keep writing the kinds of songs that they wanted him to write. He's a very prickly character, Van Morrison, so he said, and they said you still owe us a record. So he said, okay, I think they said you still owe us three records. So went into the studio, I had a bottle of whiskey and banged out three albums to get out of the recording contracts. And he said, here you go, here's your records. Didn't write any songs, he just said, Roll had his band with him. Let me give you an example of one of the songs that Van Morrison did. I'll just play a little bit of it that he gave to the record company and said, here you go, here's your album. Now I'm going to be out of this contract. I'm going to go and do the music that I want to do. So here's one of the songs, or part of one of the songs that Van Morrison gave to his record company. I can see better look on your face that you've got rangworm. Song's called Breenworm.
Speaker 15: I'm very sorryber, I have to tell you that you've got rangworm.
Speaker 2: Imagine the record company's face when they heard that. Okay, birthdays Paul McCartney and also Nathan Cavalary. Do you remember Nathan Cavaliery? Do you remember when he was on the charts with the song Little Egypt. This is going to make you and me feel really old, But little Nathan Cavalery who I think Tommy Emmanuel might have been his mentor. Anyway, it's his birthday today. He's forty three, cricky, How old do you feel now? He's forty three? He was a kid, he was nine. Anyway, it's his birthday. Alison Moyer, she was out here recently in Yazoo. She did some shows in Australia. It's her birthday and a couple of anniversaries. The Beatles performed their first Australian concerts at Sydney Stadium in nineteen sixty four. Oh mate, Bob Rodgers would have been there. They played four more shows on June nineteen and twenty before flying to New Zealand. Imagine that nineteen sixty four in Australia. The amount of excitement that there would have been going on because Paul McCartney and the other guys were in Australia on this day in nineteen sixty four. Were you one of the people who couldn't sleep with the possibility of meeting your favorite Beatle maybe going to the concert, maybe you had concert tickets. Wow, that was a moment in time, wasn't it. And part of that was Paul McCartney. It's Paul McCartney's birthday today. I had a whole bunch of songs that people suggested that I play. I'm going to play the one that David and somebody else, so I think this one actually got two so that's something I got. Only two were matching, which for me is a majority in this case to play this song. What a terrific song. Happy birthday, Paul McCartney. Here he is with wings and this song is called My Love. What a terrific song. Both said, not many people would have been born in the middle of World War Two like Port McCartney.
Speaker 3: And out of.
Speaker 2: The four Beatles, ringos the worst trauma, it's freddod Bogue. Happy birthday, Paul McCartney. What a good song. That is one a lovely song that is for the rock in your life. I'd like to dedicate that to my wife because things have been a bit tough lately and she's been like a rock. And I'm sure that you've got somebody in your life too that's been able to support you like that. So let's dedicate that song not just a Paul McCartney on his birthday, but to the person in your life who is your love, who is your rock as well? All Right, I love Medicaport. You know who we haven't got to yet. She ain't cooking a rock, but I tell you what she's got something that we can't wait to get our teeth into, and that would be Sarah Bora. With today after this the recipe of the day, eight minutes to four, here comes Sarah Bora. Let's find out what she's got cooking for us. You're not going to believe this, Sarah Bora. But last night I was talking to Russell set right down Natural Path, and he said that curry and some curry dishes are good for getting rid of cognitive decline.
Speaker 16: Oh I'm hoping I'm set for life then, because I love a curry.
Speaker 2: Well, that brings us to tonight's recipe. What have you got?
Speaker 16: It sure does this is you know me, I really like an easy midweek meal. This is it and it packs in the edge as well. It's a colieflower curry with hallomy in it as well. It's got the Corma flavors in, so a really nice Indian curry and it's so quick and easy. You want to start off by getting all of your ingredients prepared, so dice a large onion. You need one hundred and forty grams of tomato paste, two tablespoons of Cormer curry powder. I'd never bought the pre mixed curry powder before, but it was really easy to get from the supermarket. And you could get a really good one too that had all of the fol spices in it, so you knew that it was good. You need a medium head of colieflour trimmed into its floorrets, four hundred grams of polluomy cush into bite sized pieces, and then four hundred mili of coconut milk. Start off by heating two tablespoons of gee or flavorless oil. If you don't have g which is just a clarified fater, you can just use as I said, a flavorless oil but doesn't taste like anything, so you don't want to be adding any extra flavors to the dish, so maybe an olive oil would work. Put that in a large frying pan, place it over medium heat once it's hot. And I used to pots of this because I had too much coulieflour to do in the frying pan, So either all works. When it's hot. Add in your onion, saute that until it's soft and translucent. Add in your curry powder and cook that off just for about a minute and so that it's coating the onion. Add in your tomato paste and then cook it until the paste darkens ever so slightly. It'll take out that bit flavor, so you want that to change in color and make sure it's coating the onion. Adding your cauliflower florrets and the recipe sets adding the hallumi at this stage, but I found that it really broke up, so adding the hallumi later. So adding your cauliflour, cook it for a few minutes, and then once that's kind of starting to soften, adding your four hundred mills of coconut milk. Do it gently to combine and let it simmer for at least ten minutes or until the curry has reduced down. The sauces thickened, and you want the coulieflour to be really edible as well, So I like to be able to put a fork in there. And once you can break the florests apart easily with a fork, that's when you know it's easily ready to go. About five minutes into that ten minutes, when it's reducing, I would add in the halluomi. I would suggest adding it in a little bit later than the recipe suggests, just so that it doesn't break apart. The first time I did this, you kind of end up with a mush which still tasted fine. But to be able to actually have the hallumi in those bite sized pieces, I would add it in a little bit later. If your sauce is reducing too thickly quickly though, turn down the heat a little bit and add in a splash of boiling water to loosen it up. The recipe suggests that you can serve it with rice and nane. We just had ours with nane and it was absolutely delicious and it's good. Heat it up the next day as well.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Have you got a name for it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 16: My one is really boring. It's just a halloomy cauliflower corma.
Speaker 2: Well, that's lucky, You've come to the right guy.
Speaker 16: Then my favorite part of the segment.
Speaker 2: Sarah's Hello, loumy good Karmacorma.
Speaker 16: That was a good one. I was. I was trying all afternoon to think of some really good titles for this one, and I just I'm not as good as you. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Well, you're lucky because the other name that I was I came up with was karmacorma chameleon.
Speaker 16: That was the only thing I could do. But it was and as good as that. I was just thinking of corma chameleon, but I was like, no, it's not going to cut it. It's not good enough.
Speaker 2: Good to torture Sarah and check out the website for the recipes as well for that. Let's get to the news after this. Four minutes, four newspapers after this, Let's get to the news.