Speaker 1: And we're back like it's the Festival of Tourney.
Speaker 2: Good morning everywhere, Welcome to Australia overnight and now here's my grandpa being.
Speaker 3: A light to start Australia's quiet. The night rolls on, voices echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 1: Through the dark.
Speaker 3: There's a guiding light. Three aw keeps us closed tonight. Overnight we shared.
Speaker 1: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 4: Everywhere from city streets.
Speaker 1: To the outbacks.
Speaker 4: Guys Australia trees a station, fly.
Speaker 1: Us welder, Thank you Leafy at five double a big welcome to six pr Perth, Hello to.
Speaker 5: You the midnight hours This Saffy.
Speaker 1: City weekes Hart goes number.
Speaker 3: Soonie's voice like a.
Speaker 4: Friendly brings the country close across the slam. Oh no, we shardi stories and laughter everywhere.
Speaker 1: Covin join us one double three six' nine three is the telephone number you know that come and have a. Play it is a brand new day one double three six nine three for open line mid night. Hours Saffree city wakest goes Now. Jee there's a lot to talk.
Speaker 4: About his fokes like a friendly.
Speaker 3: Brings the country close across.
Speaker 1: The SHOULD i say there is a lot about which we can talk wonderful stress night. Three it's a nice welcome. Back thank. You CAN i just first up Address Simon, owen who will be listening while he may not be probably not probably sound asleep as he should, be But simon is just one of the most capable broadcasters In australia and for him to jump in and look after the program as he does so effortlessly is a joy to us all here at. Three Aw he just jumps, in he manages that he does it with little or no fuss and, says thank you very, much leave it to. ME i will do my very best on behalf of your, program which is kind and generous of. Him if you would like to be part of the, program come and join. Mo working the other side of the. Glass it is young And, Jackson good morning Morning. Tony now you won't want to get too, Close, no just keep my. Distance just you stay the other, side and so you. Should the other side of the, glass that's where you do some of your finest. Work AND i wouldn't want to give you. This it's purely a, cold but it's one of the most Debilitating i've ever had ever Add, so for whatever, reason maybe it's because we're no longer twenty five that we don't bounce back quite as. Quickly BUT i got to, say feeling a lot better THAN i did this time last, week where it was all. Downhill and whatever you, do don't make me, laugh because as soon as you make me, laugh that starts the. Cough said To dennis off, here same. Thing it's going along. Beautifully and then as soon as you as soon as you start to, laugh the cough. Starts Tone leif is on ONE pm Before matthew pen Tell us on at nights now for the rest of the. YEAR i didn't think he had started as, Yet So, maddy hello to, You matty pend the Great matthew penn Tell us looking After night's right through until the end of the. Year thank you for that Head upbliz welcome. Back tone Mister matthew is replacing for six months on five DOUBLE a says. Dot thank. You good to know that everybody else. Knows they just forget to. Tell the host of this program were to kill the great people there at five DOUBLE a to put me into the, roster SO i know what's. Happening thank. You you can join the. Program anything you would like to, raise feel free to do that good news bad. News everybody's going to be good news bad, news so we share that as we go through the morning. TOGETHER i loved dennisis and nothing if you don't take some of the high loights Of dennis's, Program But i've changed the Red things you, love things you. Loathe something that you love is something that you absolutely. Loathe given that we beat on the sick, leave we thought we might talk about ailments because everybody's got them and we love talking about. Them and curiously it is a bit it is a bit. Helpful this is the anniversary nineteen sixty. EIGHT i asked the QUESTION i won't share with you, yet But i'll tell you a bit later. On when you think about the days of nineteen sixty, eight now you AND i would have been. Little what were you? Doing where were? You where were you living anywhere Around australia in nineteen sixty. Eight now you may have to think about that for a little. Bit So i'm not assuming that you'll jump on the line and go exactly, who, how, why when and? Where but where were? You what were you doing in nineteen sixty? Eight so IF i look at young And, jackson he gain, WELL i wasn't even, born not even, close but there are many of us that. Were so nineteen sixty, eight there's a particular anniversary of something that took place on this, day nineteen sixty. EIGHT i thought we should link that in and we'll discuss that as we go through the morning, together speaking of great. Anniversaries was pointed out to me yesterday that it's twelve months since we lost a great, friend a friend of this, program a friend of mine for a long. Time work With john very closely three ak back of the day for a little, bit and we, Remained we remained in. Touch you would be on various programs with us from time to time and was always a great, supporter a great. Value so it's twelve months since we Lost, John so our thoughts with everybody in The blackman, family they'd be thinking very very much About. JOHN i would think over the coming these. Days Rubik's, Cube Rubik's. Cubes i've got that written. DOWN i Know dennis mentioned that earlier. Too it's just a great, topic you, know drinking the. Kids to children in your, family do they have different drinking habits to what you may have had now at the same. Age as a trend apparently from younger people to drink in ways that perhaps many of us did or would have had friends that did in the. Day so the style of drinking is In Australia i'm talking about seems to be a bit. Different we'll look at that as we go through the morning. Together those that do a bit of from time to time public speaking love to hear how you manage. It where have you given a public? Talk where have you given a talk at a club or a? Meeting how did you do, it how did you prepare for? It what's it? Like and for those that just always SAY i could never do. IT i could never stand in front of the audience and give a talk for, five, ten fifteen or twenty minutes sometimes, longer or host a, segment host a, conference for, example love doing. That conferences were always good fun one, double, three, six nine. Three so we've got lots of things we can talk about as we go through the morning. TOGETHER i Had dared us on his program on three at w talking about, olives hard, Cheese things that you, love things that you don't love. Olives somebody, SAID i don't like. OLIVES i don't like. Olives i've ever heard anybody SAY i don't like, olives love. Olives it was really good to talk about olives and anything you do love one double three six nine. Three, right we've set it. Up we can. Go we'll do. This do you want to do a quickie and then we'll come back with some of these great. Calls liam will come to. You artie is there as. Well you can join. In it Is Australia. Overnight I'm Tony. Mac hello to. You it Is Australia. Overnight thank you to all the great teams Around australia that have now joined. Us a few and as you probably, know we have a little thing In. June we call it The festival Of. Tony for no particular. Reason it's very self, indulgent for WHICH i make absolutely no. Apology you get to the stage where you just don't care, anymore so it's The festival Of. Tony it's been a very lean start to the festival on the basis that got this dreadful cold and so it's been a bit of an ordinary. START i hope to upgrade it between. Now it wasn't a really good start. Too Last sunday with a footy With melbourne being flogged And Alice, Springs Alice, springs that's our story for another. Day hopefully you've got a great round of football coming Up Melbourne collingwood game On monday for the long weekend will be a fantastic weekend of footy. Two let's go round the. Country wherever you. Are you might be at SIX pr In, perth THE Ace Radio. Network you could be at THREE A w here In, melbourne good morning to, you and five DOUBLE a In. Adelaide Matty pentellis has just sent me a shot me a message, too so we're forgive, Me. MATT i didn't realize that you we were in the chair this early in the, year which is. GREAT a great and wonderful news director over the, years and broadcast are, extraordinary So i'm sure they'll love you on the nighttime program there at five DOUBLE, a sitting in For. Levy. Paul good morning.
Speaker 6: To, You, oh good, Morning. Tony how are you?
Speaker 1: Well thank?
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 6: Yeah in nineteen sixty, EIGHT i was seven years old and living in swanborn In, Perth Western australia as swan.
Speaker 1: Born and you were what age did you, Say? Paul? Now then in nineteen sixty, eight oh, seven you were? Seven so you would have been at school. Already, yeah what do you remember about those early days of, School, paul nineteen sixty.
Speaker 6: Eight, oh it's, Great. Tony everything was. Good there was minimal, crime and, yeah now it's.
Speaker 1: Fantastic Years, well there, was there was a minimal. Crime but then when you're seven or, eight you really are sort of hopefully too aware of what's going on in the world of. Criminology, anyway you would hope everything's pretty.
Speaker 6: Joyous, well sixty ONE i was. Born, yeah so sixty. EIGHT i was seven years. Old primary. SCHOOL i think it was year, two grade, two leased.
Speaker 1: To call it then grade.
Speaker 6: Two, yeah, no the world was wonderful and, yeah AND i still live In. Pertin Now i'm married And i'm older, obviously and.
Speaker 1: We all are With well have you got a family? Pool?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah i've got a lovely wife and we've got a house in we live In.
Speaker 1: Caramera yeah, yeah well, yeah, YEAH i know it Well grade, Area, yeah north of Per.
Speaker 6: We've got three sons and, yeah life is.
Speaker 1: Great that's that's. Fantastic and you're still, working, Obviously. Paul.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah i'm a mobile mechanic.
Speaker 1: And he has. Business oh, good really.
Speaker 6: Good the only thing Is. TONY i started doing this job in eighty nine and Now I've i've done the parents'. CARS i started off doing the parents'. Cars now their children have grown up and got, cars and, No i'm doing their. Cars AND i think ONCE i do the kids, cars, KIDS i have to give.
Speaker 1: Up you. Know that's. Funny so you've got this sort of heritage of customer.
Speaker 6: Base oh, yeah beautiful customer, base. Mate, yeah it's.
Speaker 1: Good it's a it's a lovely. Thing and if it's your own business or you've got somebody else to you, know to work, with it's still bringing great, joy which is. Wonderful.
Speaker 6: YEAH i still enjoy working on, cars.
Speaker 1: Mate and, yep the technology is changing as we speak, Though, paul isn't it? Really?
Speaker 6: OH i do is, mate AND i do courses to keep up with, it you, know all that type of. Thing BUT i did the course on electric.
Speaker 1: Cars are you a fan of?
Speaker 6: No you, know, no there are pretty much trouble And i've heard, Today i'm one of the guys on SIX pr today there's actually been a decline in buying electric catching fire and, yeah, yeah safety old old school, mate that's.
Speaker 1: It, well nothing wrong with, That nothing wrong with. That the other thing That i've, Noticed, paul And i'm sure other people Around australia would have as. Well we seem to be getting these brands coming in now electric, cars primarily From. China and they're certainly brands with which we have no you, know we don't. Know they're. UNRECOGNIZABLE i, mean we've got to got our heads around with things like g W m Or cherry or whatever they. Are and now you see these billboards for brands we've never heard.
Speaker 6: Of, YEAH i, know and they're not really. Good they were apparently this is from What i've, Heard australia's been the dumping ground For chinese electric. Cars but, yeah.
Speaker 1: It feels a little bit like. THAT i had a text yesterday AND i can't won't be able to find it quickly, ENOUGH i don't. Think BUT i had a text from asking me to see IF i wanted to do a test in a car later on in the year from one of the weirdest brand. NAMES i don't know where they can find it. Quickly, NO i probably won't be able to find it quickly. Enough, HOWEVER i, Know, paul it's good to. Talk thank. You three letters in the name That, yeah they have a lot to that nice to.
Speaker 6: Tourney do you still used to reside In perth or?
Speaker 1: No based In melbourne these? Days it was a great joy to come back and live and work In melbourne and that a host of program that also includes SIX pr In. Perth but my two beautiful daughters and their families they still live over.
Speaker 6: There, yes listen to you In perth and SIX. Pr and your wife's a, NURSE i.
Speaker 1: Think, No, no my wife's not a, nurse nor wife for my wife not a. Nurse, no you might be getting me mixed up with maybe one of the other McManus, is Maybe sean McManus.
Speaker 6: Or rove ah, Right, yeah are you related to?
Speaker 1: Them, well according to our history we're. Not but the very very kind McManus family based In wa said about twenty five years ago was Father john who, said look if it, Helps, no it Was shan McManus, said if it, helps just say we're. Related it's all, fun which was very kind generous of. You good on Your, paul good to, Talk thank you for. That leahne, morning good, Morning.
Speaker 8: Tony welcome.
Speaker 9: Back it has to be.
Speaker 10: Back you SOUND i can still hear it in your. Voice guess What.
Speaker 11: I'd like to couple a couple of the.
Speaker 1: Topics please go perstly.
Speaker 10: AILMENT i had a flu shot Last, thursday So i've got the oh well taste in the back of my throat chesty nasually apparently in terms of the flue.
Speaker 12: Shot, yeah that's one.
Speaker 10: Thing SO i can sympathize with.
Speaker 1: You, yeah Well i'm Still i'm still to have it yet because because last YEAR i got it AND i got to SAY i was not one hundred percent for a few days after having the flu.
Speaker 10: Shot, yeah well that's me at the. Moment today is probably the worst. Day i'm, Okay i'm Not, louis But i've just a bit and my no and.
Speaker 1: That But gerald quickly tells, me got to have, it and gotta have it and got to have.
Speaker 13: It, well maybe so.
Speaker 10: Many strange that that's why so think of, me because it's never affected me. Before, yeah that's that one. Thing i'll be fine to hate and. LOVES i hate, enough.
Speaker 1: But, no really hate it because because what the flavor of the.
Speaker 14: Texture, NO i was.
Speaker 10: WELL i never liked it as a. Kid no baby said it forced. ME i asked for a venge of my. Sandwich she forced me to eat a peanut butter. SANDWICH i threw it up all over. Her, course he made me pick it up with my.
Speaker 1: Hands oh a.
Speaker 15: Nice.
Speaker 1: Lady well that's, so that's not particularly. ATTRACTIVE i get. It, However peter just painted a rotten picture for. Us thank you for those that were about to sit down and have a cup of tea in a, beautiful fresh bread peanut butter. Sandwich, leanne thank, You, annie, morning My.
Speaker 16: Aggie good, Morning tony macwelcome. BACK i hope you're feeling.
Speaker 1: Better and slowly, slowly, slowly.
Speaker 16: Slowly of, course and Etchin. Jackson happy birthday To jay. Today and yours is coming Up friday the, Thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Friday, thirty not far away for The festival Of Tony.
Speaker 16: Yep, anyway you know those electric cars that you're talking about With, Paul, YES i was Watching channel mid news and they're going up with the insurance two to three times more than an ordinary.
Speaker 1: Car what the insurance on them is going?
Speaker 16: Up, Yes like if you pay a, grand they'll probably cost three. Grand on Certain i'm not sure which one, was it was a certain, one but, yeah most of them are going up to double the price or even triple for.
Speaker 1: Insurance, Well i'll get some clarification around, That. ARDIE i often with a great, RESPECT i had not heard, that BUT i would think that's an enormous jump purely because they're an electric. Vehicle was there a background to that.
Speaker 16: It could have been a certain type of car in a certain. Year i'm not too, sure.
Speaker 1: Right, okay so that it so it comes with the selection. Criteria let me check on, That. Artie it's a very good point as to whether or not that is the. CASE i, MEAN i hadn't seen. That i'm just having a look to see if it's been on the news themes as. Well where did you see this?
Speaker 13: Story seven and?
Speaker 1: Nine what's seven and nine in the last?
Speaker 16: WEEK i was only a couple of nights.
Speaker 1: Ago oh, okay, Well i'll have another look at it for. It thank you for. That And sue In, sunbury good, Morning, Yes, Sue, hello good.
Speaker 11: Morning how are you really?
Speaker 1: Well? Sue and thank you for.
Speaker 11: Asking, YEAH i can see for. You you got.
Speaker 1: It you had it. Too now how long have you had your? Cold? Sue?
Speaker 11: Oh three days.
Speaker 1: Now sort of knocks you around a little, bit doesn't. It sure does you feel a bit? MISERABLE i, mean it's not it's not life and, death but it's enough to knock you, around making.
Speaker 11: The news come back to work and you've got a purpose or the actitioning and everything in the. Place so it doesn't make it easy on.
Speaker 1: You, No BUT i, OFTEN i often, Say, SUE i often say when people say has, work AND i try to be positive about. It and it is a very positive. Environment it's not, like it's not like we're going down the coal. Mines often, say it's. Not this is not hard. Work i'm doing this BECAUSE i love, it not BECAUSE i need to do.
Speaker 11: It it's a great job that you've.
Speaker 1: Got fantastic. Job i'm blessed.
Speaker 11: You and you're a great. Person but, too, well.
Speaker 1: That's very, kind that's very kind of you to, Say, sue we missed.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 1: Boy now tell, me tell me about where you. Are i've got a dear friend who's building in a place Called Diggers. Rest oh not far at.
Speaker 9: All, yeah so he made.
Speaker 1: MENTION i won't go into all the, details but he's looking to, downsize no longer needs the property that he has there In sunbury and is building something In Diggers rest in what essentially is a new. Estate.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah it's all building up all up around, there oh, gosh everywhere altho The. SUNBURY i, means rest is an, older an older sort of place Around. SUNBURY i don't. Know you, know they have the pubs there a long time ago and it burnt. Down oh, gosh you know, what how many years how many years ago that pub stayed remaining like the way it was when it was burnt. DOWN i don't know what ever. Happened but there was not a shopping Of.
Speaker 1: Rest it's not a. Watsuit there was no shops at. All, well there was no shops.
Speaker 11: No of, course not no one On it's.
Speaker 1: That if they were. Lucky, yeah, well all all that's. CHANGED i MEAN i was doing some driving over the last few days looking at some different projects and you look at say some of the properties up Around, Cranbourn Cranbourn, north all that great farming. Area it's really it is quite extraordinary now just changing the landscape of the great state Of victoria in many many. WAYS i can.
Speaker 11: Imagine it's a bit like that here. Too we've got we've got well comping up from The. Sunbury you've got, this and you've got the place is further out farthing areas now with all this new developments going, on with kangaroos jumping all over the.
Speaker 1: Place, Kangaroos, YEAH.
Speaker 11: I thought someone TOOK i took my dog for a. DRIVE i, thought just not far from. You AND i always know what time they come around and there's a, kangaroos there's. Another they're just. Sitting, FINALLY i.
Speaker 1: Hope they hope they're getting water and food. Too, Well i'm going to let you. Go it's always good to talk to. You go and have a rest and keep in touch with.
Speaker 11: The program so That melbourne can.
Speaker 1: Happen so so DO. I i'm set on The, monday the big, Game monday for the. Freeze so DO i be good to get a win over colling woodn't win And colin would are a great, side so it'd be. FANTASTIC i just hope it's a great. Game good on your, so thank, You Brett, David Margaret taylor will come to you very. Surely it Is. Australia tony mac, hello wherever you. Are when you're filling a Bit, butcher's you tend to watch maybe a bit Of, telly you catch up on a little bit of news and that becomes dull and. Lifeless and. Boring listen to a fair bit Of radio three at in, particular listen to a bit of SIX pr In, perth listen to a bit of Five DOUBLE a In, adelaide just to sort of have it on in the background so everything to do during the. Day don't give that opportunity as much these. Days having said, that one of the stories that did grab the, attention and why would it not is The Whittlesee, bakehouse WHICH i hadn't NOTICED i saw happen to see it as an updated, story we'll see bakehouse In victoria Takes Australia's Best Sausage roll award at The South Australian Baking. Show local family owned bakery are stolen the show with a delicious, entry Crowned Australia's Best Sausage Role Australia's best Sausage. ROLE i know now there are people that will be listening to this program that make sausage. Rolls, now there is nothing, better is my, assertion than a wonderful homemade sausage role made with love and attention and ingredients that just make it so. Special could you produce it at the degree that they need to do to make it acquit into a. Business probably. Not but the distinction between a great family homemade sausage role is a sheer. Delight if you are one of those sausage roll, MAKERS i want to hear from. You one double three six nine three in Kel barry in. Wa Hello, Brett good, Morning hello.
Speaker 17: Goo good.
Speaker 8: Morning there are you going?
Speaker 1: Beautiful Kel? Barry yeah it is yeah up?
Speaker 8: Here, yeah it's. Great so you're feeling, better a.
Speaker 1: Little bit better? Bred thank? You, yeah the, voice this voice is a little bit, croaky but feeling a lot miner THAN i. Did, goingness so, AGO i can tell.
Speaker 8: You, yeah when a god toget like a sweet terrible.
Speaker 1: Just just knock your just knocks your brown for something. Fierce i've got a lovely note. Here what you're, There, Brett this lovely note From, fiona who, says and you'll love this as a im immunizer, nurse love that immunizer. NURSE i can assure you the. Flu vaccine cannot give you the. Flu what happens is the body working hard to make the, antibodies burns a lot of, energy and you feel quite often a bit run down because of. That it will get well rested and hydrated before getting the. Vaccine that's From Nurse. Fiona it's a nice, thing. Immunizer. NURSE i can assure you flu vaccine cannot give you the, flu thank you for which we all.
Speaker 8: Know but, anyway back in winter TIME i leave per in head up north To. Calbury it's like six hundred cometers up north And i'll spend the winter up here and it's just. Fantastic and, YEAH i haven't had the flee for about four or five.
Speaker 1: Years you've got a space up, There brett where you. STAY i.
Speaker 11: Have.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah WHEN i was, WORKING i bought it with the, bank and WHEN i, RETIRED i still still owed some money for the, bank as we. Do but the cyclone hit here about three years, ago Did, Yeah and the insurance oh yeah, yeah but the insurance money came through and it was quite a nice, amount and fears to all forward the little projects and the bank. Loan So i'm happy. Now so, Yeah so, anyway BUT i to Day exactually it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: Today many many happy returns for The welcome to The festival Of.
Speaker 8: Tony, YEAH i know yours the next, week, YEAH i was twenty. Hja but on this, day are you talking About Robert kennedy being.
Speaker 1: Assessinated it Was Robert. Kennedy, yeah there you. Go it was ONLY i reckon sixty, eight so it would have been would have been. TWELVE i Reckon and remember like it was yesterday because the grandfather was so devastated as a kid kid WHEN jsk went and then AS i got a little older and got to the grand old age of twelve and then realized how devastating it, was that how amazing it was at the time That Senator Robert kennedy was also. Shot he was only forty.
Speaker 8: Three you, Know kennedy's got a bad shot with, things haven't they.
Speaker 1: Just in terms of that history, certainly and lots of other things over the, years but just.
Speaker 8: Devastating, YEAH i mean we were taught, like, well we were taught about. IT i Can Robert kennedy And John's kenny's, Brother he's been assassin Was it was part of, history not, history but it was part of social studies at school very.
Speaker 1: Much it was very. Much it was different. Now we we were encouraged to learn and, understand is my.
Speaker 8: Memory, Yeah and we watched when the moon was, yep being landam we had THE tv out and it was set around the class and watched THE. TV i don't know where THE tv came from because we didn't normally have A, tv but there was one in our class that. Day but, yeah just all of those little, things you, know all part of. History so, yeah so very much.
Speaker 1: So and when you talk about that sixty nine moon, LANDING i mean we had one television for the entire school Of Dela, selknul for the entire you, know there was well there would have been just trying to think there was formed one form two and there probably would have been. More so we're all piled into the one room with one very small black and white.
Speaker 8: Screen, yeah when you're coming back to Pers, mecca.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet of you to, say no plans at this stage except maybe later in the, year just for a, visit catch up with the kids Before. Christmas all, right, mate you thinks? Anyway good on your, Breath always good to. Talk wish you well up there in Beautiful kelberry for those that haven't been a great fishing area up, there just gorgeous around that. Space, David morning, morning.
Speaker 9: SIR i won't say how you are because everyone else has, asked, well.
Speaker 1: They do it becomes part of the. Mantra isn't it? Hello how are? You it becomes part of the. Greeting it?
Speaker 9: Does it?
Speaker 1: Does?
Speaker 9: NOW i wasn't thinking About. KENNEDY i was more thinking about the music chart of sixty. Eight, Mate WELL i. DID i did a quick whip, around CAN i with the Old Google goggle? Machine? Yes and you should see some of the music that's on the.
Speaker 1: List are you talking about The australian?
Speaker 9: Charts, yep this is The australian. Chart i'll give it to.
Speaker 1: YOU i would have thought number. ONE i would have thought number one may have been something By simon And Garf.
Speaker 9: Uncle, nope there's a double side at a.
Speaker 1: Hit it would have Been Hey jude And revolution then, bingo remember it like it was, Yesterday Hay jude And revolution on the on THE b. Side and number two was would it also been A beatles? Song, Nope, NO i don't.
Speaker 9: Know John Farnham sadie The Cleaning? Lady?
Speaker 1: Oh was it so on this week or for the? Year?
Speaker 9: No on this? Week on this?
Speaker 1: Week? Okay and is this on the THREE U z? Chart?
Speaker 9: Now this is the official, chart The australian, chart which is the one where they get all the shops and all that type stuff for the.
Speaker 1: Day, yeah and so we often great radio stations Around. Australia THREE yez would have been one In. MELBOURNE i think perhaps later on it was three x, y but those very early charts in the sixties were maybe three D b had a, chart but certainly three who said was the CHART i think of the Sixties.
Speaker 9: Okay made old zip through. Them number three Was Lovers.
Speaker 1: Blue great piece of.
Speaker 9: Music four Was honey By Bobby.
Speaker 1: GOLSTEY i miss you And i'm feeling good AND i love to be with.
Speaker 9: You Early number five was The Irish ramas with the.
Speaker 1: Unicorn, oh the loveliest of all is the. Unicorn there were green alligators and long neck geese and hunky backed camels and some jip.
Speaker 9: Andrey number six Was Those were The days By Mary.
Speaker 1: Hopkins what a great piece of. Music also on The apple. Label.
Speaker 9: Yeah number seven Was Little, Larrows the.
Speaker 1: Little larrows in your, Clothing Little larrows in Your.
Speaker 9: Hair number eight was a double was a double sided by The irish Rovers.
Speaker 1: Orange and The orange in The green.
Speaker 9: And whiskey on A.
Speaker 1: Sunday oh did they do a version of whisky on A, sunday isn't They? Yeah and at number nine was sorry you got number?
Speaker 9: Nine number Nineth park.
Speaker 1: Had that been already at number? One it was on the way to number.
Speaker 9: One, no it had been to number.
Speaker 1: One so it was dropping down the.
Speaker 9: Chart SO i was coming down the Chats and the number ten song was a DOUBLE a from The, Beatles, Hello, Goodbye oh what a track The, War.
Speaker 1: What a great. Track there's your top ten from this week back in nineteen sixty. Eight, david thank you always good to. Chat we will do this when we come. Back it is a straighter. Overnight the voice is starting to sound a bit. Shaky it's only three quarters of an hour. In maybe this might have been premature return to work. ONE i suffer from that premature return to work. One double three six'. Nine three that's a great piece of, music, here McCartney one of the ones that flew under the radar a. Little bit lots of texts coming in if you're sending a message or you would like to send a message at zero four double seven six nine three six nine three OVERNIGHTS at threeaw dot com dot au as the Email overnights pluel AT three aw dot com dot au reflew only one point, of View. Says maggie not to show what. That means maggie, Good A, Tony mack i'd like to let You know dad passed Away, last friday palliative care. At home sorry to, Hear. That max all the soldiers were. Our heroes dad was one of the biggest heroes in. My life sorry to, Hear. That max very very sad. For you Will you he kept me up to date with the fact that he was not. Traveling well but to hear of. That loss our thoughts are. With you, margaret morning.
Speaker 18: Good morning it's nice to have.
Speaker 1: Your back nice to, Be back. Margan, yourself yeah.
Speaker 18: Well thanks i'm lying more in bed like probably all the people that ring you up were.
Speaker 19: IN bed i think.
Speaker 1: THEY are I think i'm in bed overnight with more people than anyone else in. This country yeah, you lucky? Aren't you Right, Across australia i'm in bed with a lot. Of, people yes men and women. Are like.
Speaker 18: I've also Been. TO calberry i love it up the coast There And western australia went up as Far. As crawfer.
Speaker 1: Oh you know it. Pretty well did you eat any of that great fish that they have up.
Speaker 18: Through, there, yes yeah it, was. LOVELY gorgeous i just wanted to. Pendly that in nineteen, SIXTY yays i moved into my house that my husband had done because he was, a Builder in DECEMBER and i was pregnant with my.
Speaker 1: First child where was the first house Built of Margaret In?
Speaker 18: Lower temple stuff.
Speaker 1: In the? Same, house. Yes, yep wow that's a great that's a very. Good story how many people would still be living in that very first house in which you, moved in maybe in those early days.
Speaker 18: OF marriage i think because he built IT and i was allowed to have everything THE way i, wanted it but just been very. Happy here did you do.
Speaker 1: Any renovations over, The, years margaret updates?
Speaker 15: And?
Speaker 18: Things, oh yes being, a buildery, he said you've got to keep your house. Well, otherwise yeah so. You, trade yeah.
Speaker 1: And he still. Has it was he still? WITH you i hope he?
Speaker 20: Passed, Away, Oh margaret, i'm sorry.
Speaker 18: But it's a clink Of brickhabs and you know he waited to the bricks because over the bed the bricks at.
Speaker 21: The.
Speaker 1: TIME bricks i haven't heard that expression.
Speaker 6: For, years, Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 18: So i'm very happy here, garage UNDERNEATH and i can go into the house from.
Speaker 1: The garage how, Many, Bedrooms.
Speaker 18: Margaret well there's probably five because there's a lot of a lot of were built all underneath, as well and there's a three bedroom. House, upsets yeah and then another toilet and bedroom. And room tea had an office down there in a big rumper's room and another room at the.
Speaker 1: Back underneath and do the kids grandkids come and visit, And, STAY yeah.
Speaker 18: I mainly i've got five grandchildren now and one lot Are, in donal one Are In, alpha mandon and there's a Son, in BALLARATA and i mainly go there and look after their children.
Speaker 1: And, visit them which is a lovely thing. To do.
Speaker 18: It's beautiful.
Speaker 8: Which you're?
Speaker 18: Very, knowledgeable no can you know a lot?
Speaker 1: Of, Things, oh margaret it's it's. All bluff IT'S all i. Promise you. I'm not but that's very kind of you, to say.
Speaker 18: Well you know more. Than me But That nathan cossi is, very knowledgeable?
Speaker 1: Isn't He kotch he's a genius for those. He's wonderful He's a cortus captain and he's. A vet he has studied a lot of, different things and he's just. Wonderful COMPANY is.
Speaker 18: I love to love to hear.
Speaker 15: Hear.
Speaker 18: Him yeah sometimes you have him for well it's usually, two hours sometimes.
Speaker 17: Almost.
Speaker 1: Three, yeah WELL sometimes i say, to him do you want? To Stay says i'm happy. TO stay i, love it so. He'll stay. That's if that's if he hasn't had a late flight or is not getting up early for another flight because he's got his he gives his full attention to making sure he gets. Sufficient rest as you, can imagine it's what he has to do for part of.
Speaker 18: The job very clever man along.
Speaker 13: WITH you.
Speaker 1: I agree good, On. You margaret that's kind of you. To say keep. In touch always good to talk.
Speaker 18: To you thank.
Speaker 1: You bye we'll do this breakout when we come. Back here for those that, are waiting please, Be, Patient, Taylor bonnie Bronnie. And chris be nice to catch Up with. Chris again for those that are waiting one double three six' nine three you can join. Us as WELL and, as i said TEXT messages and i will. GET to. Them i promise zero four double seven six nine three. Six nine three that's. FOR the text i just happen to find that PRESS release that i received in the last couple of days from a BRAND with which i was. Certainly not familiar but have a. Listen to this it's a brand. Of electric Vehicle It's called leap MOTOR ONE WORD L E A P M O. T o r and they've asked me to look at having a drive and then, doing a REVIEW which will i do later. In the year looks like a lot of car for under fifty. Thousand drive away. Looks absolutely gorgeous we'll. Report back.
Speaker 3: Now This Is australia Urban eyed. With tony McManus, here we go greetings From.
Speaker 1: Right around australia Threew, here IN Melbourne The ace radio, network of COURSE five Double a in ADELAIDE and Six pr in perth of big. Hello. To you there used to be the yarn growing up was always about retirement and that when you retired it was often sort of sometimes said, TONGUE in cheek i guess would you be getting the? Proverbial gold? Watch years, LATER moved forward, i don't know fifty, plus years later the idea of a gold rolex watch has really. A massive appeal.
Speaker 9: What d?
Speaker 1: It's, driven that however it has. A massive appeal Having said that i'm looking at some watchers from one of the THINGS to which i subscribed that buys. These beautiful pieces they sort of bring them, back into date, if you like and spend a lot of money, in doing so and. Then retail them it's a great organization called the nineteen sixteen company, specializes in rolls and there's one in particular which is a refurbished for the. Lot of it but it's, the wrong word but it's certified. Pre owned roles have a. Listen to THIS It's A Gmt master yellow, gold twenty fifteen so it's only. Ten years old how much would you expect to pay for A Pre owned Gmt Muster to Yellow Gold Ballpack ax jackson one hundred and fifty grand, one two nine, one two nine one. Hundred and thirty pretty reasonable COMPARED to. What i said so. You were close. So, that's, AFFORDABLE well well, i don't know is that what you? SAY it's affordable i would pay one. Hundred, and fifty oh it's a pretty good deal at one hundred and thirty. Saving twenty grand then, well you yeah you have, in that sense there is a there is a beautiful. There's another one there's a couple of, other Interesting ones but i'll share THE one that, i REALLY like which i didn't think was too BAD for an o eight white Gold White gold rolex daytona looks magnificent. For sixty five now these are these. Are A dreamless but i think back in, the day said oh happy you get, the gold watch the handshake when you retire. The gold watch does anybody did anybody in this audience actually ever get the so called gold? Watch upon retirement one double three Six nine Three Get. A tony mack great to have. You back here. We Missed? You where tony is anyone able to? Give an update the eleven year Old Girl, From Cranburn cranburn north ivy believed as whether. She's been found she was heading to school a few months ago but. Never Made, It thanks jen i'll just Check with a gabe in our newsroom On that because i'm not sure that that is the capable we see if can get an update for you and thank you. For that, Text, taylor.
Speaker 17: Morning, hi good.
Speaker 22: Evening welcome back it's nice, To.
Speaker 1: Be back taylor how?
Speaker 23: Are you doing not too.
Speaker 24: Bad at all i've Really missed your dolphin tones they are great and your show.
Speaker 25: Is great fun it's.
Speaker 1: Very kind of, you to say, but you're you you're a little one eyed because you've been a bit of a fan what we've been doing for. A long time, oh of course no.
Speaker 25: Doubt ABOUT it and i heard the love it or loads of topic is, open to discussion?
Speaker 1: Is that right so what's something you love or something that you don't necessarily? Love, even loathe yeah well.
Speaker 25: Could you put me in the?
Speaker 26: Love column please.
Speaker 1: You're in the. Love.
Speaker 24: Column now YEAH it's music i really love because it brings people together for so many different, reasons and occasions and yet Produce so many australian and international, one hit wonders even the ones that we all have to sing.
Speaker 1: Along with is the one that instantly. Jumps to, mind oh.
Speaker 25: Well you've got Me, THINKING they're well i can't really go.
Speaker 24: FOR one alone i don't really like to choose no.
Speaker 1: Play favorite safe but when you when you said, ONE hit wonders i thought you thought you know you were you had one in the back. Of your mind that becomes a bit of. A perennial favorite.
Speaker 25: I've, got A lot but i don't think i'd be able to rattle them off in a short.
Speaker 22: Amount, of time NO well that.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to put you, On. The, spot taylor no probably no everything you sat, bright and happy. Which, is nice.
Speaker 20: Yes always.
Speaker 1: Good on you good to, Know. You're there taylor thank you for being part Of the Programer Brownie in. South Errah morning.
Speaker 22: Oh tony listen i've got, a Few.
Speaker 27: Subjects so i'll.
Speaker 22: Jump through them. Please do it, NINETEEN sixty eight i had my first JOB At the Wa chamber Of Manufacturers into. Georgia's TERIS person.
Speaker 1: No i did and what was was what?
Speaker 22: Was, the role oh you were a secretary to. A sectional secretary so you know there were about, eight different divisions all, representing different MANUFACTURERS and so i was The Secretary to ces williams AND we Had I. Think frank bilger all these people were sort of beheads. Of The Organizations And dennis cullity timbers he was in there like he used. TO come, in i, mean these people a lot of them would Have.
Speaker 20: Passed.
Speaker 22: To, god NOW yes but i was pushed. Out of marriaging my father could not wait to get me out of marriage in high school and into perse to get to, a business college.
Speaker 1: Because why he wanted you to get some sort of greater education Over.
Speaker 28: And.
Speaker 22: Above, marriagen oh absolutely and to get away, from that, town you know because you wouldn't have. Got stuck there some people just get. STUCK in towns i was never going, to be STUCK and so i even begged my father in a way to send me. Away TO school and i was the eldest and it was a difficult thing for him because he was, on the. Land YOU know but i ended up Going To The underwood Business College, In. Hay street PERTH and remember i used to walk past this lighting.
Speaker 9: Shop all THE time and i hope it's.
Speaker 13: Not the sneek.
Speaker 22: He's Probably asleep but i'd like to say hell load Of People in narrogen Bronnie. From dun burning we had a property behind The Narrow jorn egg College and the froome, family were nearby and my Cousins. Were From williams David Walker and edmund Walker. Came FROM williams but i went To school IN perth and i Went To The underwood business COLLEGE and then i WENT To the Wa chamber of manufacturers and it was THE best thing, i ever did because eventually my family Moved back to victoria into another, property OVER here and i ended up in my First job in Melbourne in the channel nine newsroom.
Speaker 13: Doing The Job.
Speaker 22: And Peter Moore. AND peter maud i was only there for. A short time i Was Covering, for betty business WHO was the pa, To These people peter Maund and ASK piers and i just covered for three months while but he had had a three months and. Long, SERVICE leave anyway i went on to bigger. Things since then that's. Just one Story so in perth, THAT remembers me.
Speaker 1: I say hello so that would have been what presumably by the time you Got There to channel night would have, been.
Speaker 22: Sixty nine it would have, been.
Speaker 1: Late sixties right, there You go, m and anyway.
Speaker 22: That's one story And Of course barry Cable came from Norrigen and very barry And his wife helen Both came FROM origen but i was a bit, younger THAN them so i didn't really. Socialize with them But, his wife helen she worked at The supermarket and barry was in the butcher shop. Virtually, next, door, yeah yeah no. WHAT a player i think It's back in melbourne helping. You Out somewhere so i've just heard that, on the Grapevine Helping at north melbourne or somewhere just BEHIND the.
Speaker 1: Can i just ask you a couple of. Questions about those so what was your role there at nine when. YOU came across i worked, in the newsroom but not as a journey.
Speaker 22: TYPING the news i was typing, up the, news you know you had to type it up on the typewriter and it had betr. Down the SIDE so then i went to, roll the, film you know and. All this stuff it was a pretty old set up in. The old days it wasn't like, it is, today of course. Much more Modern Early.
Speaker 6: Days baby Goes.
Speaker 1: Street In, richmond In.
Speaker 22: Richmond and eric pearce was always getting gifts from women who knitted him, socks and scarves and he actually. Answered every letter he was, such a.
Speaker 1: Gentleman wasn't he he Was just wonderful from from. ALL reports reports i don't, recall meeting him but everybody that, talks about him Whether It, be philip brady whether it be the great people that, worked at. Nine All those pete smith would have been. The, Other, One yeah Pete.
Speaker 22: I've, met Peter yeah.
Speaker 1: And pete would know and always spoke very highly of, The Great.
Speaker 22: Man, sir eric anyway to go, ON FROM that i i want to tell. You a story that next one is. About loathing something you know how. You LOVE olive SO i wish i met. FEW years ago i would have given you this huge crate OF olive stuff. I, was given well you. Won't believe this my sister will never be. Told THIS story so i hope. She's not listening but on one of, my big birthdays she Arrives. Up from yarrawonga she's made a Trip to the cobra estate right especially to buy me one. Of those cakes the big wood crate must have cost her. A few dollars it, had olive paste every type of, olive in, it olive, oils you know, all of this, all of that, all OF that and i absolutely, hate olives, anyway what no. Wait a minute so she brings this to The restaurant in melbourne and she presents it to me, at THE dinner and i, was very, grateful of, COURSE you KNOW i mean i didn't really see. WHAT it was i didn't take too much of a look because there were a. Few gifts there and she. Put it down it was, a real heavy great pig like almost. A meter, square you know this would crate and it was full of. These, old things anyway she'd had a few drinks at the end of the night and her husband drove us all back to where, we were staying and she didn't notice that the crate didn't. Come with us and OF course eventually i Got home because i'm. Not A drinker so i ended up going home to My place after i'd been, to THEIR hotel and i rang the restaurant and said, to the chefs there's something under the. Table for you you're most. Welcome to IT and so i gave it to the chefs that the restaurant we'd Been, to IN southiera because i wouldn't. Have used it it would have been a. Total dead weight they just.
Speaker 1: They got it.
Speaker 22: They, got it anyway there's a good. Story coming up i've just come out Of. Hospital last thursday had a billious attack, right AT work and i was, really REALLY cooked, and i thought this is not. FEELING very good a. Lot of pain it cuts under the chest and on their. Shoulders AND everything and i went HOME and. Then I, THOUGHT on friday, I woke, up, I thought no i, can't eat anything because if, they ever something it's going, to. Come BACK right so i didn't eat much. ON the fider i just simply had mental soup in the city AND then when i got home wasn't. Feeling that good got, about seven o'clock. Called the ambulance ended up. In a hospital they did. A few examinations they found this thing called the gall. Bladder with stones so they operated on me a couple. Of days ago and the trouble was they couldn't. Just laproscope, it they tried but it wasn't. Going to go it decided to want to stay so.
Speaker 1: Laugh it. Make me, cough that's, Fantastic he said i'm. Not going anywhere i'm going to stay Right. Here, with bronnie.
Speaker 22: Yeah it is it didn't want to come out because it was, a bit bibous and it had four massive, gallstones in it and one of them was trying to escape in a duct and they had to try and.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 22: All you know they ended up doing. Tea whole surgery it ended up, with keyhole surgery not just. An ORDINARY leproscope and i can tell you the best thing. HAS ever happened i have. Never felt better.
Speaker 1: There you go isn't that? A? Wonderful Story is and i've only just come home a, few hours, Ago and honestly i've just got to take it easy for.
Speaker 22: A few weeks and. You're, feeling amazing, WELL.
Speaker 1: You're amazing i, Can, tell already bronnie. You are amazing how long had You, Been, To Williams.
Speaker 22: Uh, Western australia look i've, Got Cousins There mike Jack Woodhams and elaine woodhams. Is his sister she's married To My. Cousin DAVID walker but i think they Live Around mandra and i've Got. Cousins that brook i've Got. Cousins at darkens and you, KNOW my, cousin i said be one of My cousins at. Capel died recently he used To. Live at brook he used To run The Country and, Western Festival, there jeffrey harris and. He passed away he just got this terrible blood illness which his.
Speaker 14: Sailor DIED of.
Speaker 22: So i haven't actually BEEN back because i never, go back anywhere go overseas or.
Speaker 18: Go.
Speaker 1: Somewhere, else yeah well if you ever get the chance to go and have A, coffee in williams it's a great there's a great place there for coffee and they're. Doing really well it's.
Speaker 22: A great business there's a, lot of businesses a lot of good, friends of Mine of Around williams to jeff's bell. And his family but they're all getting, on a bit YOU know. What I mean so i don't know. Who's left anymore but it's a lovely central Place On. The albany, Highway you know.
Speaker 1: I'm going to love you. And, leave you bronnie keep, in touch please you're.
Speaker 22: On the mend i'm absolutely still get. Rid of it anyone gives stools stones to get them, out.
Speaker 13: Straight away that's.
Speaker 1: Don't miss it, Rare. With them broddie that's a tip. For the morning thank you All out of australia every night if. You Don't mind chris Rowdy, morning to mack how? Are you, sensational more importantly how? Are you doing and did you have a Little fluttery yesterday Wednesday? At? SAND down yeah i.
Speaker 21: Got THREE winners but i decided to all that money out OF my sports beg cash car that's a. Prepaid MASTER card and i only had enough money after paying one hundred and sixty nine on grocery at War worse over new hundred thirty one dollars to. ME text over i only had enough money left after and Touble up. My mikey card i'd had enough to give fifteen dollars a cure note Late last night wednesday night and a nine dollars thirty score Of be and i've, had NO money but I didn't know i actually Won, money ON trouble so i didn't have enough.
Speaker 1: Money, To, Come, chris chris chris?
Speaker 21: No tobacco.
Speaker 1: Whatsoever, she did, well, That's good right i'll go just.
Speaker 21: From last all night sometime Tomorrow and then i've got To Go cold turk. July TO term if i go into battle with the head Dentist At The royal dental HOSPITAL where you're i won't be able to speak to work for probably a few months and, probably, will say yeah let's throw a. Party where else.
Speaker 1: We've got to we've somehow got to put put in a business plan for you to be able to save a few dollars and have a couple of dollars.
Speaker 21: Up your sleeve, And you know i'm not. A standalone finger they're going to probably pull the pin and MOST people in tasmani do. Not support them what was supposed to be two hundred million for a news day is closed into one billion, and the same and there's a soon to be a push to pull the pin on the Twenty Thirty two brisbane games Will go past victoria instead of two hundred billion by the time if they go ahead. With the games and, as you know hundreds of people in every state or are rolling up and collapsing from hunger and starvation in our emergency wards of hospitals or. Around the country we in the labor not just me as the person, for abroad it but this state District brought and ben is elite. In the labor let just wanted the labor coupan to pull the Pin On. The komwalf games so it. Comes in FREEZE and can i also tell you after free me, in retail work you've just got. To pay rights you'll see the rises the prices that Were work and colson that started to rise yesterday because they won't be able to absorb those pay the prices start. To increase again, and that's. SAD you, know i mean people deserve a PAY rise and i, shouldn't challenge that but now it's Actually people LIKE bere where i haven't been up for two weeks except, late last night AND that's if i go out. Once A fortnight that's i do it to sit out and watch the AS long as i don't get arrested for switching to say what the left is a done on.
Speaker 1: Right switch to see what the. Lefties are doing you. MADE me laugh i Went into were eldi during the LAST week because i had a bit more time And just so i'll just wander around haimlessly, as you do And went into eldie picked up Some. Cashews, FROM eldie oh.
Speaker 21: I love cashews cashws are better.
Speaker 1: Than that left cashews are. Better than sex.
Speaker 12: You can't say that, TIME.
Speaker 21: The excuse i don't know.
Speaker 1: What's a metaphor.
Speaker 21: That couple for sorrows or that from The eights of egypt and.
Speaker 1: They will be, but just this they and they. And they're AFFORDABLE so because i Was looking for nobby's nuts and they, Weren't doing cashews i've searched and. Search and search you Can't find, the knobby's nuts coles and. OR woollies cash i, Beg your PARDON but then i found these Beautiful. Cashews at eldi.
Speaker 21: Good a guy that DONE the TWELVE vfl six vfl games all played the ten pass to It, on a saturday but round paper based cashos sold and un sorry nuts. Nuts to you he's still A live previous i haven't, spoke to him but he's got a. Photo of it he. Still, LIKE that.
Speaker 1: Yeah i know you mentioned, that once before which is a great part. Of, forty history chris always. Good to chat you. Look after yourself let's get, Down, the ball. Jimmy morning time.
Speaker 29: There was the old advatarited slogan, was nibble.
Speaker 1: Nuts nibble nobbies. That's, great branding.
Speaker 14: Yes And, Asking, before.
Speaker 1: Sorry jimmy you're just breaking up. A little bit are asking about what?
Speaker 29: You're asking about? Sausage, rolls before.
Speaker 1: Well not only because the bakery that picked up. The, mists.
Speaker 12: Today sure what?
Speaker 1: Are you doing. You're, Chopping onion no.
Speaker 29: I'm just putting the bags of chucking them back. In, the, feet.
Speaker 1: Oh no worries that's not in. Any way distracting.
Speaker 29: I've got the phone in one hand.
Speaker 1: And the. Bowl that's great.
Speaker 29: I'm, multi, multi castle.
Speaker 1: Clearly that's. Fine it's not it's a distraction, for the listener. But that's fine the, and the host the the the, idea OF.
Speaker 29: No not i really, am right.
Speaker 1: NOW thank you i don't. Have NO idea what i was going to say now lost my.
Speaker 29: TRAIN of thought i you've got the, Bag, he ward.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right so the bakery. Won the AWARD and, then, i said well what about great people that make a beautiful. Homemade sausage rolls.
Speaker 29: I'll probably, disappoint To imagine because i've heard you talk in the past about if you use. You use, that.
Speaker 1: Excuse, me excuse me just slow down when you're. On the air you can't make. All that. Noise it's, bothersome.
Speaker 29: Oh, anyway yeah uh my recipe is. Nice and simple it's just the sausage means a bit of onion and a.
Speaker 1: Bit of parsley nothing, wrong with That beautiful.
Speaker 29: Past and to reheat them if, it's in summer because you put, them in there you put them, in the freezer in the in. The bread bags do.
Speaker 1: You put Them into the do you have? An, Air, FRYER no.
Speaker 29: No i was going to. Get to it, in summer time you rather leave them on the dashboard, of the car or you hang them on the clothes line and the sun warms them up because you don't want to, steam the, heart of course but it warms. Them, up sufficiently actually if you put them.
Speaker 1: In, a hang on just. Hold the phone you're hanging the sausage rolls on. The, clothes line.
Speaker 29: Yeah because the sun. Warms them up they're. In the bag the condensation from being frozen and that can't get out, of the bag so. Moistens the. Pastry you know that. Keeps it soft the pastry. Doesn't go hard and you use the son to, warm them up whereas in winter you wack them on the wack them, on the plate on, the boiling pot another plate.
Speaker 1: Over you none of you're on, top.
Speaker 19: Of.
Speaker 29: It, baby YEAH well ANYWAY i made i made, cottage by today just but just a little bit of onion in the mint and sticking it up and got out, of the top just a bit of butter.
Speaker 1: At, the, TOP well well i think that you've got a. Business model there anyway we Could Call it jim Jim from the bull would have to come UP with. The tv theme Jim from the bull does Sausage, rolls in warnable.
Speaker 29: Your poetry is. Not very good the h's not about. YOU know lot i just called it mark you know ingredients back. On, the pluck yeah and what? You Talk about what? Walter talks about and have this and, you have, that YOU know and i don't a Billion. Know he's CANADA but when i first started seeing, the money girl That bella rad she was Just down from. Craig's Little hotel.
Speaker 1: No, craigs yet yeah you're, NEARLY with it.
Speaker 29: I would imagine, and she, says come on.
Speaker 20: We'll do.
Speaker 29: Lines come on so we're. Walking up there she was only three parts, of the block awaprom and what do? YOU read's fair i went touch and the answer, we, just no no, wouldn't touch. It you know and there's got to take, away every, day you know they're sitting in. Or take away she Walked In the lydiod street door and she, just walked over said about. To The girl bade marine walked out on the. Corner CORNER door.
Speaker 14: So i walked Over that.
Speaker 29: BADE marie thing i got a. WHIFF of it i, had A look and i thought that's why. SHE kept walking i couldn't.
Speaker 9: Make that muck, but hang on?
Speaker 29: What was IT just all, i don't know all this woe muck and all that.
Speaker 1: He got a sick he got. Just slow down what? FOOD was it.
Speaker 29: I don't know it was just all, this strange stuff all, this strange strange.
Speaker 1: Strange, to you yeah it's.
Speaker 29: Strange to me.
Speaker 1: So how do you know that you?
Speaker 29: DON'T like it i took MY muggan and i got a good, whiff OF it AND i thought i.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't touch it but you didn't even know.
Speaker 29: WHAT it, WAS i know i know it's all, this lockmark anyway.
Speaker 1: Or, as They say. Wonderful, italian food.
Speaker 29: Oh It, could be Italian, could be greek it Could. Be an asian it's a.
Speaker 1: Combination of all So it didn't it didn't occur to you say to the cook. Of the cheff it didn't occur to you say. That looks interesting could you tell me? What?
Speaker 29: That, is no no, AS a tiger i took one.
Speaker 12: With or you.
Speaker 1: Could have spoken, you could have had you chosen to, really genuinely inquire you, could have said? What is that i'm not TOO sure that i tasted? What is it i'm not.
Speaker 29: Interested in inquiring so.
Speaker 1: You agree that you would rather remain ignorant of things to.
Speaker 29: Do, WITH food rather i would rather remain hungry OR eat what i. Want, TO read anyway i got out side.
Speaker 1: To the door you've got to, Explore. All, horizons, jim really.
Speaker 29: Anyway you, know she said what?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 29: You, want it said. Bloody old poet she says, it's got shop. JUST a, gourmet i said, THEY'D be bloody i, SAID the bladdy i can just. Be overpriced anyway and by this time she. JUST getting, angry, i said listen you must do?
Speaker 1: You blame her jim do?
Speaker 29: You, BLAME her well i just said we must GO down.
Speaker 30: If i.
Speaker 1: Got this right so you're on a date.
Speaker 31: At This stage now i've seen, the money girl the, money on, business on business the girl who looks. At me, money all right so. It's a colleague OH well she i pay her to look at, me, maney right yeah and so she's she's ran.
Speaker 29: Around, AT the moment finalizednse of graduation claims and all that and.
Speaker 1: So and so the best you can do is probably a pie for someone who's really looking after. Your financial welfare.
Speaker 29: Well then when, She, mentioned this jimmy how have you got?
Speaker 1: Through in life but?
Speaker 29: You can?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 31: What what what what brings you?
Speaker 1: Joy? In, life NOW.
Speaker 29: Well, AS i said i cook the, COTTAGE piles today i cook pies, the other day. Just playing piles i'll cook to roast of lamb. The other day, h there's stakes.
Speaker 1: But you could. Have gone In i'll bet i'll bet you a. Lot of money you could Have Gone into craig's hotel and they would have been able to do a beautiful lamb. Roast, For, you.
Speaker 29: Anyway oh this was.
Speaker 9: The takeaway.
Speaker 29: Part you know we either dine in or it was a sort of siting, type of thing or you can do or you. Can take, Away you.
Speaker 1: Know i'm exhausted i'm getting ill. By.
Speaker 29: The, moment Jim yeah WELL i'm getting i get ill when you when you talk about all the DIFFERENT foods is I thank god i. Couldn't need it.
Speaker 1: We'll make you a long time dead and you got, to TRY everything.
Speaker 29: But i don't want to kill.
Speaker 1: Me other time it, won't kidding way. Possibly kidd you they're not going to.
Speaker 29: Take the chance there ARE there stew i would spew IT down if i tried.
Speaker 19: To reach.
Speaker 1: That you wouldn't i'll give you a million dollars so You wouldn't spew you Would not be i'll take. YOU to someone i could take you to a beautiful restaurant right in the middle of town here and it would blow you blow. Your hair back.
Speaker 29: AS long as i had simple time AS long as, i, HAD simple look.
Speaker 1: I get it my father was, A bit like.
Speaker 29: I don't have sauces or.
Speaker 31: Anything, like that, time no sauces, no no.
Speaker 1: Legs, no flavor.
Speaker 29: Well the old girl who used to live next door, before she died.
Speaker 1: The old, girl hang on? Who's hang on who's? The old girl.
Speaker 29: Oh she would have if. She's still wise she would have been in, the, Mid eighties right and this is going back. TO twenty twelve i had. To get me i'll give me elbow wipp the road on the the on the nerve was GETTING compressed and i WAS losing the i was losing the build who? Used the hand but for about A month afterwards i couldn't really know, for months afterwards it took it months. To, BECOME good anyway i had one hand, and.
Speaker 14: She said, Oh she said i'll.
Speaker 29: Cook for you and she said it's a similar thing with. The, many, girl no no and, then, she goes oh you'll be hard. To cook, for but anyway a few months later, time she, said she said what have you? BEEN doing today i went, in, AND said so i, cooked a big big part. Of step up what do you?
Speaker 15: Have in it?
Speaker 29: Just body cart ye starts. For all that i'll do the, same with Soup Except, with super.
Speaker 9: Jimmy you'd, Be cooked for you'd be easy.
Speaker 1: To cook for i'm going to nominate you for A. ROLE on mastership i reckon you'd be.
Speaker 29: Out and.
Speaker 1: See you. MAKE by clearly i think the audience. PROBABLY would too i think everybody has different. VIEWS about food i guess because, many of us many of us that Came from, Some irish, Traditions italian, traditions german traditions Whether it, be Chinese traditions, where greek traditions we learned the ideas of more and. More about food it was always just as great source of fascination as a kid Growing. Up in melbourne it was always the fascination that we had with the different styles of food. Available to us it wasn't always necessarily the, case immediately. Postwar probably not but then when you think about where we are With food in australia and what a, delight that is AND to, not i guess inquire and to varying degrees embrace that it never even occurred to. Be an option now you can't. POSSIBLY like everything. I get it i, don't Like everything but i'm more than welcome to have a try at most things and most styles just to by way of experimental and takes the boredom out, of you know the mundane three, meet well sorry three veges meat. AND three vege i think was, the old. Slogan wasn't it nothing, wrong With, that mister veldt the local Butcher down in glendayris made some great sausages back, in the day but that was pretty much yet it was three vege and some sausages. And, That'll do anthony, You'll be, Fine, isabel morning, hello tea mate. Helload to you i'm so. Glad you're bad it's nice. To be here is Everything? Okay, In nord yeah.
Speaker 32: I've got A cold though i got a cold about thirty. Six hours ago? Is a blot and yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you Have you got you've? Started the cough.
Speaker 33: Oh yeah yeah is there anybody you, can ring to maybe a?
Speaker 1: Rub your Chest maybe you it, would be awkward BUT you know I have.
Speaker 15: People, I know okay.
Speaker 32: So first Say it's A. Festival, of tony Yes It.
Speaker 1: Is festival tony it is well. And truly started it has a, very slow.
Speaker 32: Start it does and The thirteenth of june is your actual dayne is you don't like ME saying that.
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 32: Are you young and you're such a young and it is. What it is oh, your gorgeous cash, you nuts.
Speaker 1: Loudly and they're only, ABOUT from memory i think, about four dollars, about four bucks as Opposed, to the yeah did you.
Speaker 32: Get the salt on pepper ones or just the?
Speaker 8: Ones with salt just the?
Speaker 1: Ones, with SALT yes because.
Speaker 32: I like the salt and. Pepper one's better but they. Didn't HAVE them but i, ate seven servings it says, on THE back and i put them. IN my bedrooms i live in a, double STORY apartment so i put them in MY bedroom and i hate them in, twenty four hours the.
Speaker 1: Whole, beautiful, bag yeah Lovely there's a the OTHER thing that i really love. Is dark, chocolate oh yeah have you tried?
Speaker 32: Their? Orange ones.
Speaker 15: Oh have?
Speaker 32: You tried it is?
Speaker 1: It just?
Speaker 32: Beautiful oh yeah and It's, Comes from, GERMANY german, Chocolate i know.
Speaker 1: And it's not as it's lovely and it's affordable and, it's SELF indulgent but. I, don't care cheap so cheap.
Speaker 32: And it's so beautiful and who cares about buying? Your running stuff like. We set, out you know we sell our coal to everybody, In the World, china and india and? WHO gives it I shouldn't say i was going to say, bad word then.
Speaker 1: But does it? Start?
Speaker 9: With.
Speaker 15: Flying yes it but You know the audi.
Speaker 32: Chocolate is amazing i'm.
Speaker 1: Going to say. It is good just going back to your Idea about, THE australian, producers I do and i've always said We're possible. Support australian producers what we know is that there are less and less and less and less of those great organizations That are fully Australian Owned.
Speaker 32: And team mac we're having a Massive Drought in south the farmers are really suffering here.
Speaker 28: AT the.
Speaker 1: Moment i understand it's dreadful and you're part. Of the world it's shocking in the Southern.
Speaker 32: Parts of victoria The floods in queensland and.
Speaker 1: Are just crazy it's a wonder to watch. The weekends nigh what are you got? Planned anything special trying to get?
Speaker 32: Over, your Cold yeah basically i'll buy some another, bag of, cash You nuts and i'm going to eat the whole bag in.
Speaker 1: Twenty four hours and if you could pull yourself Something cheeky from bossa along with that life's as good as it's going.
Speaker 32: To get exactly i'm so. Glad you're back i'm so.
Speaker 34: Glad you're.
Speaker 1: Well it's nice, it's you. Too is belt thank you very. Much for that, having said that next week, on the program we will if it all, goes to plan we're going To Talk. To peter gago AND now if i Say to You, young and jackson because your mum and Dad owned The young, and jackson's hotel No, Don't they OKAY so if I Said that peter gago is BEST known for i wouldn't. Have, a clue well he's the One. Maker at, Pinfalls oh. Really oh wow so they're about to release The Twenty, one ungrained. YES twenty three i think, it's Twenty one but jordio will have an update on that when we speak to you on the. Program next week and from reports Again with The hill Of Grace from south australia is supposed to be two of the best wines Ever made in australia because, of the vintage in the year and the everything that. Comes with it we've got. To do this, i'm so sorry we're going. To do, This come back vern will come to you in. Just A ticket, is, australia overnight yep wherever you Are. Right across australia nice to. Have your company vern will come to you in. Just a moment having, HAD line problems i hope you received the message about the eighty five percent. Linked dark, CHOCOLATE rah deah i. BEG your, pardner i did in fact bought them because that was also on. Special dark chocolate there seems to be a drug of choice. At the, moment you know back in the day when you would, try other things and now the drug of choice. IS dark chocolate i know nothing. Wrong with that it's Safe and when, link do it they, do it. Really really well and that dark eighty five percent is just a cracking with a beautiful. Espresso is gorgeous combination of chocolate and coffee. Together is Great get A tony and jackson on, The. Phone waiting nate we'll Come. To you verruchiel we've got, A full board I promise. You vern morning vern will come to you. In, A ticat maggie, hello to, you good morning and thank. You for waiting, MAGGIE.
Speaker 35: Him sorry i was just about going off because you're speaking.
Speaker 13: To someone else.
Speaker 1: No that's okay? You're there now is everything? Okay With? You miss, maggie well yeah that more and.
Speaker 35: MORE about you i think you still need a bit of. Time To Recover, ar they.
Speaker 1: Well that's very kind Of. Your nurse, magnolia.
Speaker 35: Well yeah well i'll See. EQUIVALENT for tony I.
Speaker 1: Don't Think anthony sir anthony has a nice, Ring.
Speaker 35: About It, Sir, anthemy, anthony yeah yeah little, bypass the line.
Speaker 1: Or here's, The, other one Maggie What? About saint, ANTHONY.
Speaker 35: Oh well i haven't heard of.
Speaker 31: One of those.
Speaker 1: You've, Not Heard.
Speaker 35: Of, Sir anthony no i've heard of, many Other Saints. Not saint anthony, oh.
Speaker 1: My goodness you've Not Heard. Of saint ANTHONY where?
Speaker 28: Was?
Speaker 35: I LIVING moise?
Speaker 1: Is i know? Would? You know st anthony is the patron Saint.
Speaker 36: Of.
Speaker 19: Oh.
Speaker 35: God, oh snakes.
Speaker 1: Yes. It's That's right sir anthony is the patron. Saint of, Snacks, Indeed Right no sir anthony is the patron saint. Of lost property so if you if, you lose something and some of us lose something from, time to time if, you lose something you say A Prayer, to sir anthony who is the patron saint of.
Speaker 7: Finding, lost, property, okay okay.
Speaker 1: Okay that's blown.
Speaker 35: Your hair back you're leaving me down. The, GARDEN mom.
Speaker 1: No i, NEVER you know i never ever like, to lead Anyone, including you maggie down. The garden path having said that you going. TO get cross i want you. To stay there i'll come to you. After the news it's All Part. Of australia overnight who have not heard? That for years if you want my money in, That fantastic Yeah Rock, AND rodney stewart i reckon. That is wonderful maggie will come back to you the the side.
Speaker 8: Of.
Speaker 1: The news forgive, don't forget. That Please Forgive, Mark Cabbage Click cabbage tree creek will. Come to you Allison's There and vern maybe with the update on the announcer quiz you can join us As Well for Australia overnight with. Tony mac morning.
Speaker 3: You're listening To australia Over eyes. With tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Great wherever you Are. Right across australia nice to have yours as we do the wee small hours together one double three. Six nine three if you'd love to be. Part of it if you're sending a message zero four double seven six nine three. Six nine three that's for, the text line so, it's zero four make a, note of it write it down zero four double seven six nine three. Six nine three and for, those sending email and, there are many don't always read them, out on air because quite often they become deeply. Meaningful and PERSONAL and so i tried to reply to each and everyone the next day or, later on, today for example and happy. To do, THAT you know i have nothing, else, in LIFE really so i might as well. Reply to EMAILS now that i say, That, out loud maggie. Got. Your back, Morning.
Speaker 35: Welcome back tony, It's So.
Speaker 1: Tony sir anthony just in case my, Late Mother's, listening sir anthony she'd. Approve, of, that, yeah yeah.
Speaker 35: Yeah of. Course uh huh NOW? Where do I.
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 8: Do? I, begin, oh.
Speaker 1: Look well let's just talk ABOUT. Where do i why don't we just talk about our? True? Love, story maggie uh?
Speaker 34: Yours?
Speaker 13: Of, mine.
Speaker 1: Oh well do you have you ever had a? True?
Speaker 12: Love, story, no, no, NO no no i DON'T really, believe.
Speaker 1: I have really at the grand old age of, nearly forty five and you don't think you've ever had a great.
Speaker 15: What a?
Speaker 33: Great, LOVE story no, i Don't well but i'd like to Resume this topic i'm known.
Speaker 35: About, To day look i'll go BACK to, if i may the billions that have been spent on The, games in queensland THE proposed new afl Team that tes.
Speaker 23: Many and devil, what's your view?
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts how would? You?
Speaker 14: Run it well which one all?
Speaker 1: Of the above you're in charge for the? Next three minutes you tell us how you run? The whole operation.
Speaker 35: ALL the window i start with because perhaps, a little bit well, A first start i think some of, these expensive games Such as the olympics And Especially, the commonwealth games are, becoming you know a completely. Non non, viable you know it's been obvious. For different, REASONS and yeah i can see a, change in sports like, like Insurance too but i'll leave insurance. For Another Day, the tastemanian devils THE proposed. New tazi, team.
Speaker 13: Oh god.
Speaker 35: Where do? You start there you know it starts with the a. Fil mm hmm and my belief is, that you KNOW with the afl just so Much We in south australia referred to the NOT a c afl BUT.
Speaker 1: The, V F yeah grant gorge has Been there and kenny's been doing that for. A, long.
Speaker 35: Time yep yep and it's not very equitable as it stands, at the moment very biased. AND quite corrupt i believe any in?
Speaker 1: What way, corrupt he says thinking that he's going to court. Very very soon and why why would you suggest that there is corruption associated with a great? Game of footy give. YOU an example.
Speaker 35: I would like to lead. That that, part, so yeah Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's maggie it's probably a bit tricky when we say things on air, such as that that and then and then, we you know we're obliged to actually, ask, the question well what's the? Evidence for that and quite often there is no. Evidence FOR that so i just wonder what would prompt anybody. TO suggest it.
Speaker 35: I would prefer that you hear it from someone higher up. In, the industry, Now look already tasmania. This new stadium it's got across a billion. Dollars or something it's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of money but they'll work it out one way. Or the other they. Work it out these things, Always. WORK out maggie i don't stress too. Much about It if the, tasmanians want it. They'll get it they'll find a way to pay for it like other places have done. In the past it, won't be easy but if it's, meant to be. It will happen is it Probably, a premature well only. Time will tell will they get? It this, Round maybe not but they've been crying out for a, game down there to have a team down there for AS long as. I, can remember.
Speaker 35: Now for a long while after WE, went TO afl some thefl teams then had alliances or whatever with perhaps as Many as a northern territory and. You, Name It.
Speaker 7: Uh and.
Speaker 23: I'm.
Speaker 1: Somewhat, perplexed yeah yeah perplexed is, a, lovely word. Really, isn't it? Maggie Thank you And Mark In cabbage tree creek we want?
Speaker 37: To?
Speaker 6: Go, There Hello, Mark, Oh tony mark? Well THANK you do i tell you what that conversation You had With jim that i'm.
Speaker 27: Still laughing though.
Speaker 9: Like every, movie you made you just kept.
Speaker 27: Waking it and then you worked it. BACK at HIM i just i.
Speaker 12: Just, kept laughing.
Speaker 1: Well if if that's the impact, that, It has that i'm. A happy person.
Speaker 12: You're doing you, a.
Speaker 29: Good job honey i'll.
Speaker 12: See you later thank.
Speaker 1: You very Kind of you allison in there is the quickest. Gore With, you that, allison good.
Speaker 7: Morning Good morning now i've got four little points. And, A question okay.
Speaker 1: I'm going to. Write that down you get THAT on. The t shirt four little points. And a question four little points. And a question ago with the first of the, FOUR little points i.
Speaker 7: Like to be led down, a garden path?
Speaker 1: Don't we all.
Speaker 7: Absolutely glad to. HAVE you back i hope you're feeling better a little bit.
Speaker 1: So feel good just the throat and just the voices still, a bit creaky but yellow still.
Speaker 7: Sound pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's. Very sort thanks do you want to just stand up and give it was. A, little, Harsh.
Speaker 7: SORRY sorry no i know you're only twenty FIVE. As am, i.
Speaker 1: That's well we both we could go.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 1: Hold hands ellison You know.
Speaker 7: What i'm saying absolutely no True love, for alison ever never any.
Speaker 1: True, Love.
Speaker 7: Never, nope no really?
Speaker 17: Isn't?
Speaker 7: THAT sad well i, think IT is but i.
Speaker 1: Don't so, when, you know well there's no. Point in dwelling but when you're writing the book to what would you attribute the lack of just one hot fling? In your life what.
Speaker 23: It is my?
Speaker 7: Major? Hot fling oh someone who has been in Avery. Prison in australia but he was really hot, and really nice.
Speaker 15: But, just psychotic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so really, hot really nice, but, a psycho yeah.
Speaker 7: Good much, but mostly, nice very regent.
Speaker 1: Mostly nice and, but a psycho, a little bit a. Little bit psycho can you be a little bit psycho or are? You, a sigo no you.
Speaker 7: Can be a little bit psycho and.
Speaker 38: That's.
Speaker 7: All cool no he, was, very lovely, really but no no one's ever fallen in. Love with me no one's ever asked me. To marry THEM and all i wanted to be.
Speaker 39: Was a wife but, There.
Speaker 6: You go.
Speaker 1: Well you do and do you, never, say.
Speaker 7: Never, no no. No that's right you don't know what's.
Speaker 1: Going to bring you don't know what's around, the corner Now.
Speaker 7: Young and jackson is that the pub on the corner over the road from that, railway station thing the.
Speaker 1: Railway station, thing you mean the beautiful the. Railway station thing you Mean The beautiful flinders. Street, railway station.
Speaker 7: Oh that means.
Speaker 1: That railway thing the pub on the corner from. That railway thing, there you go there's the Big. Promotion for, melbourne just there. Ladies and gentlemen When, you visit melbourne make sure you come and have a look at the pub on the corner just across the road. From the railway things.
Speaker 37: Spent.
Speaker 7: Many hours, FARE so yes i.
Speaker 1: Know the pub well did you see there's a big statue in there of? A, NAKED woman.
Speaker 7: Well i think. I'll, Miss that.
Speaker 1: Well i'll get i'll put You back to jackson because he. Has shareholding it it's what, we call him A young and jackson and he can take. You in there there's a picture of. A naked, Woman.
Speaker 7: Oh really well it's not.
Speaker 1: Really, my thing well it's just a lovely. Piece, of, artwork.
Speaker 7: Okay yep, cool right, now my question you've got heaps of money, whatever. You know indispensible if you could buy an animal and, your favorite food if you're, on death row what?
Speaker 15: Would you?
Speaker 9: Do what?
Speaker 7: Animal What food because? I've got mine and HOW long have.
Speaker 1: I got to make a? Decision around this and how long is the time frame to put? It, into place.
Speaker 7: Well this is as much time as we've got.
Speaker 15: On.
Speaker 1: The right okay, so MY instance BEFORE i before i drop off, THIS mortal coil i will be a father and grandfather again to Another. Chocolate POINT burmese.
Speaker 7: Oh I don't think i know that that's. A cat gala, Yes it is.
Speaker 1: Yes it Is and so i've always been very very fond of, the chocolate point like, the SHORT hair and i. Like The arrogance and I'm nothing if, i'm NOT arrogant and i love the arrogant arrogance of. The chocolate point do you speak?
Speaker 7: CAT language yet i know chat. LANGUAGE very well, I teat it.
Speaker 1: I can tell?
Speaker 7: And what food what food? Would you get so what would be?
Speaker 1: The final meal.
Speaker 7: It wouldn't have to be, a final meal just. Your favorite, MEAL roughly, speaking.
Speaker 1: I think oh there's so much from. WHICH to choose i think curiously it would. Be quite simple it would be something like a beautiful mashed potato with, some fresh peas not, frozen fresh peas nothing, wrong with frozen but fresh peas into, the mashed potato and a gorgeous burgundy beef underneath all of that or on.
Speaker 7: Top of it you Don't want to wellington, at the.
Speaker 1: Moment, Do you well i've been A while since i've had The, great BEEF wellington but i would always welcome the.
Speaker 7: Whole mushroom thing.
Speaker 1: At the moment we understand, all of that but we're not. Talking, about, that no no still. Before the courts so the idea of, something that simple but it would be linked into a great. Wine as, well.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely well mine is donkey. And fresh oysters.
Speaker 1: Oh gorgeous and just straight out. Of, the shell, yes no, sauces.
Speaker 7: No sauce no, killpatrick for, ME any lemon i, don't mind them but no fresh with that little bit. Of, sea water yes. And a donkey you can't go. PAST the. Donkey, a donkey.
Speaker 1: Now there are so Many lines and i'm not going to, starty the evmlic but. THAT is fantastic a? Donkey why why.
Speaker 7: Because they couldn't. Pull a cart have you Seen? Them in israel they've got a big cart and all the luggage and material things and twenty. People hanging off and this little donkey is just like.
Speaker 1: The, Poor little donkeys the poor little donkey trying to do his try to do his little. Job to survive he's just trying to get.
Speaker 7: Through, the, life definitely, yeah that's right but he. Does very well. He performs well i'm not.
Speaker 1: So what was? The Food again so i'm just making what?
Speaker 15: Was the food you were going to, have fresh oysters.
Speaker 1: So oysters with no. Squeeze, of, LEMON.
Speaker 7: No no i, don't like lemon.
Speaker 1: Straight out of the straight out. Of, the, water beautiful. Yeah, freshly, Shocked yes okay i'm coming round. To your house, the.
Speaker 7: Door's open, Darling, see yeah.
Speaker 1: Allison, Thank You allison zara they we'll Talk Soon. By vernon torogan we'll come to you and we'll Catch Up with craig. Gabrielle As well. French open update it's been an intriguing time in the last few Days For. The french open it's been. Wonderful to watch we'll Cross over. To craig shortly it's All Part. Of australia overnight wherever you Are. Right around astralia nice to. Have your company one double three. Six nine Three. It's a thursday it's the Fifth day of june. Twenty twenty five it's all Part of The. Festival of Tony we called june The. Month Of June the festival tony usually starts first off right Through thirtieth of june because it's a birthday month for those that just happen To, be called tony. Which is why And It's Also, World Environment Day world, environment Day, today.
Speaker 34: Vern, yeah morning oh good.
Speaker 13: Morning, to YOU tony and i just want, you to know in the, gears of radio you're a very you're a very big cog in the. Instrument, of radio sorry big what a very big? A?
Speaker 1: Cog cog okay uh and.
Speaker 13: UH and uh i just want to tell you you've got made a lot of pleasure people, over the years and and we.
Speaker 36: ALL appreciate IT i just i just want you to know that that's very kind of, you to say from becoming such a loyal a friend of this program for as many years as you, have been burned for you to say that.
Speaker 1: IS very special. I, appreciate, it.
Speaker 14: Well well well.
Speaker 15: It's.
Speaker 13: Quite true actually now on, Valid the Board i've got simon, At twenty Two i've got dennis, AT twenty Seven i got, pat At sixteen and tony twenty.
Speaker 1: And A half so, I'm, going Along okay then I'm in the i'm in the sort of front row kind.
Speaker 32: Of, the class well we're only here for, a.
Speaker 1: Little time okay so give you a couple of questions TO see if i can make up, some ground, Here, you ready.
Speaker 13: Well the only thing is that you might have heard THE ones that I.
Speaker 9: Gave to, dennis, OH no.
Speaker 1: No i, didn't hear them what? Would they, Be, HE.
Speaker 13: Says okay i only got, to, Pick five right i'm, making it shorter and it's any song with the word beach, in, a.
Speaker 9: BEACH beach beach.
Speaker 1: I remember BACK in old la where Everybody drove a. Chevrolet beach baby oh. Well that's. One thank you it's a long TIME coming.
Speaker 34: Because i had to.
Speaker 37: Pick it.
Speaker 13: Up another one so you've got. One so far that's one and. Things have changed so for each one you get. A one point go again for another.
Speaker 1: One, with beach yeah echo beach far, away in. Time echo beach?
Speaker 34: You've got two.
Speaker 1: Are? You another one and they've all got.
Speaker 15: To.
Speaker 34: Be beach yeah you've got to, give me five at least five.
Speaker 1: Five, Beach songs well i'll go. On the. Beach, that's three yeah on. THE beach beach i, mentioned BEACH. Baby.
Speaker 34: Didn't i yeah i'll give you. A little clue.
Speaker 1: Walk, who board walk boardwalk. Under the Boardwalk that's where i'll be. Under, the boardwalk ah but that but That doesn't have does that have? BEACH in it i. Suppose it does, by the beach down, by the.
Speaker 13: Beach under, the board walk down by the down.
Speaker 1: By the, Beach, thank you, yes well done you perfectly articulated. Vern thank you you help me.
Speaker 13: One more And and then i'll let you go for.
Speaker 1: A beach, song one more for. A beach, song, i'm thinking. UH beach baby i mentioned that's what does that one keep coming up in my? Block of flats beach.
Speaker 13: Because.
Speaker 29: You're being crooked.
Speaker 34: I'll give you.
Speaker 1: Give, me a clue give. Me a clue you've got one liner the. ECHO echo beach i, mentioned that. Earlier echo, BEACH oh yeah i. Mentioned that one Oh?
Speaker 34: DID you, Yeah I know ah tamas, swipped.
Speaker 1: You, know you Know You. Know tony Barbara Are? You tony, barber you're close but you've sort of not not the Same Momentum. As, Tony baba no i'm, not the same not the same nash.
Speaker 34: Part.
Speaker 13: Of, it chillier.
Speaker 1: No that's. All i've got have you have? You got one.
Speaker 13: It, is, funny more, Well hang on.
Speaker 1: I'll give you i'll give you one just because we've got to do a break and then we're coming back and we're going over to the tennis in. Just a MOMENT but if i said to you a great jazz singer, that passed away he was only seventy three when he died in NINETEEN ninety nine. Us jag singer he was also known. By another name but his Name. Was mel tormay but he was also named by what, Great affectionate Name? Mel tour may.
Speaker 13: Well to? Say, he was, No, he was oh the GREATEST jazz singer i? Ever Name, Was h, Oh i'm sorry i've got. A mind, blank that's.
Speaker 1: Okay that's fine now you've done. Really really well.
Speaker 13: Really the greatest JOE singer that i know was he was a singer in a church in. The, early days.
Speaker 1: YES he was I Call. Him neil diamond, it was wonderful Wasn't He a neil. Diamond was fantastic i'll, Let, you go, vernon thank you it's always. Good to chat you. Look after yourself we'll do, it again. Tomorrow no doubt for the announcer quiz something to which we all look forward one double three six nine three to notice the voice is starting to get a. Bit rusky, again humble apologies, people not ready we'll see even Get Over to craig gabriel reairly That surely The french open it's next at telephone number anytime you'd like to join the program one double three. Six Nine three tony macker is nice to be back. In the chair it's even better to have this time, of the Year The wonderful Craig Gabery. Or french open he is courtside or very. Close, to it. Craig thank you it's an exciting time as we come into a very exciting part of this tournament and give it particularly with the women's results the semifinals now and as somebody has emerged which probably is going to be a, delight and surprise Particularly to the french.
Speaker 14: Totally, and unexpected yes Her Name is lois boisson and she's twenty. Two years old she got a wild car into the. TOURNAMENT last, year i mean this is the backstory on. HER last year a Week Before, the french open she had to undergo surgery On her acl she was out for quite a while with, the knee surgery and she's played smaller tournaments, along the way and. She came here she had been ranked approximately one hundred and fifty and she had lost a lot of ranking points And When the french open started she's ranked three hundred and sixty one and here she is in the Semifinals Of. The french open her new ranking is going to be in the sixties and it could go even lower if she. Reaches the final and it's. A remarkable, story i mean the way she played this match today to, reach the semifinals but the second time this week has beaten the player.
Speaker 1: In, the top ten which is fantastic and for someone at that age and to do it, presumably stand alone is life?
Speaker 14: Changing or not, OH it should i mean certainly on the financial, side of things because before this tournament she had only earned maybe one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. In her career Just With, this french open she's going to be earning about at this point at least, half a.
Speaker 1: Million which is a handy and that is by definition of life challenging or, if nothing else will set her up for a couple of years to travel and do all the things that you'd know be very and then presumably at what point in terms of management, in your history management where they get some endorsements and that grows. From, There presumably.
Speaker 14: Yeah and she's got, a CLOTHING supplier and i noticed that there are a couple of small patches on her top that, She was wearing so that's giving her a little. Bit of income it wouldn't be that much because she's still relatively unknown and just. Making this breakthrough but. It all helps, it absolutely helps and to, now you know the other tournaments are going to know her by, getting into it by getting her ranking to where it's. Going to be she's got direct entry. Into the tournaments she doesn't have to, ask for wildcards she doesn't have to go through the, arduous qualifying rounds the. Tough qualifying rounds she. Gets straight, in you know it's not quite the Case, yet for wimbledon because The cutoff for wimbledon is six weeks before and she's. Passed that cutoff But very possibly wimbledon will give her a wildcard with her, performances over here but she says she's not thinking about any of that. At this point that's all for after the tournament's done For her next now she's got to concentrate on the semifinals and it's not going. To, be easy certainly she's got the World number two cocoa golf, in the.
Speaker 1: Semis we're got the mein singles. Of the weekend what do we need to, Watch, out for well one of.
Speaker 14: The men's quarterfinals was Played Just now iganic sinner absolutely Devastating again against alexander's public and it was six one seventy. Five six love he's going to play The Winner of Alexander Zverev. Or novak djocoviy, That's later on so that's what we've got to look forward to for the.
Speaker 1: Rest of day have you put a Tick. NEXT to yokovic.
Speaker 22: I think.
Speaker 14: You'll win today that's my feeling. At THE moment but i have to admit that my two predictions on the women's side today did, not work out so don't take my word.
Speaker 1: For, any suggestions well we. Often do doubles always a doubles fan preferred to play doubles in the, day as well and that's going to be Really interesting the semis. Today, and, TOMORROW yeah.
Speaker 14: Look i HAVE to admit i haven't been keeping an eye on the doubles Apart from the australians and Unfortunately We lost Matt Ebden and john pierce in. The quarterfinals yesterday there's been so much going on with the singles and so many angles. To look at that's where the concentration has been so but certainly once we get into the final stage. Of the doubles it will.
Speaker 9: Get.
Speaker 1: Some attention sunshining.
Speaker 38: It's been a.
Speaker 14: Very iffy day yesterday was. A lovely day it was a. Bit wet today they did close the roof for a while of a Court. Fit the chartrier it is open again so, things are dry but it's been heavily.
Speaker 1: Overcast all right enjoy the weekend and good work for the last. Few days too have been watching a bit from the bed and you're doing. A great job oh.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot, Good.
Speaker 1: On you craig thanks and listening. To those updates she does a wonderful, Job For, Us sir Craig gabrielle. The french open we will do this when we. Come back up plenty of time. For your calls come and join me the other side one double three. Six nine three you, KNOW you, know i, said you, know you. Know you know come and join us if you'd like to be part. Of The programmer jimmy. Cregiscray is. Out west, Morning, Good morning, Tony.
Speaker 12: Good morning jackson simon did, a great job as he usually does wherever.
Speaker 1: He, Fills, in hey jimmy maybe a, little, Too Good.
Speaker 12: Yes but simon even though people tell him how good a job he is he he's never well he likes, people saying it but he won't say it. Himself and that but anyway about is it Just you and jackson?
Speaker 1: There, up, there well no there's a whole gang of us here. In, the STUDIO.
Speaker 12: No because i was going to say about you throw It if if jackson, gets A chance and i heard there's a seven, eleven Down stairs maybe jackson can go and Grab You from anti.
Speaker 1: Cole or something that's The Man. From anti, cole.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah that commercial.
Speaker 1: He remember the old remember The old t IT was a tv commercial?
Speaker 30: What?
Speaker 12: The man, yeah but anyway did did you get a chance To listened? TO jackie yesterday i.
Speaker 1: Did listen to a little Bit of. The jackstay yesterday.
Speaker 12: She, was great yeah but something Mysterious and and i've been thinking the beer? Did you hear were You listening when jackie said hundreds of paper fish have Washed Up, in porto bay. WASHED up dead i was wondering why it was only paper fish and, not other FISH because when i used, to go fishing there, was papper fish which we used, to call toads and as also the other paper fish, a porcupine fish which years ago TO tell people i used to have. To tell people some people used. TO catch them i thought they had, a good fish which a, lot of, people the mulbear. The paper fish if you eat one of them after six, or twelve hours that. Can be fatal you. Probably Know that the japanese the delicacy and cut.
Speaker 1: Out the poison, well they do whereas if we just whack them out from the bay put them, on the barbecue it may not. Go, so well, no.
Speaker 12: But yeah they call them puffer, fish of course because that's like. Their, defense mechanisms yeah even when they're attacked, in the sea they pop up and.
Speaker 1: They're not pretty, They're. Not, Pretty, jimmy no no.
Speaker 12: The ones we used to call. Toadfish as well they go like rabbit like teeth and if they if, you get bit and they can. Be very painful where's the? Porky point fish have all? Those spikes too they CAN remember.
Speaker 1: Then i can so IF you and i want to go and find some, really good whiting where, would, We, go jim well.
Speaker 9: Better.
Speaker 12: With a boat where where you have to go is the shallows above we, heads than that and the best bait is usually fresh mussel, or cockle pippies which you can get. In the sand but OTHER baits that i explain on whiting, is best yabbies best yabbies. And tube worms best yabbies and tube worms are killer bait. On any.
Speaker 1: Fish tube worms.
Speaker 12: If you don't know what a, Tube, WORM is tony i didn't know what it WAS there until i used to go fishing with a Friend of poor melbourne and there's. Some great fishermen we used, to ask them what are you? Using FOR bait because i used to get one and two kilo brim under the pier and they used to, say to Us. Now speak english my friend goes and, said to me go and have.
Speaker 6: A look what's?
Speaker 14: In, their bucket.
Speaker 12: Yeah because they didn't want to. Save their secret, my friend said when you have when you can sub equally have a look what's? IN their, BUCKET i said i saw some live, pl goes. There my problems he goes. Their best yabbies so my friend wanted Low. Tide at altona he. Knew the different he went pumping heapsil pyebbyes and he got to know the best yeabby holes and. The tube worms now.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 12: Tube worms yeah the reason they call them tubeworms because they live in a tube and They can grow.
Speaker 1: What, A co incidence? What, a coincidence yeah they can grow up.
Speaker 12: To sixth foot and there's also sand worms which can give you. A minor boy but the tube worms have got extremely big pinches which can give you a. Very. Savage boy.
Speaker 1: Jim who would have thought that a tube lives? In, a tube.
Speaker 12: Oh that's obvious. The name bar you used to have to get them out, of the tube and, if you won't. They'll break, that one time my friend got. A few times you got them up to. Six foot long and that at the Back Of the altona beach at low tide you could, get best, gabbies sand wounds sand worms. And tube worms all those baits were dynamite. On, many people yeah.
Speaker 1: They love it. They love him they'd. Go for it gim always good to. Yact thank you look here It, is in, frankston justin. Morning justin justin How is the how is THE A c l.
Speaker 23: It's getting better i'm actually getting the recovery.
Speaker 1: At the moment it's, Getting, better already yes BUT usually a cls can take months and. Months, and MONTHS no while i went to the stoptor, who does, acupuncture and well if only anybody had ever. Thought about that so all those all those great football players THAT, have a cls they would be better off. Going to, acupuncturists, no, surgery definitely. Yes just you you always come onto the program at. The right time there is so. Much to usk so you you went to the you. Found, AN acupuncturist.
Speaker 9: Yep i don't. Have, to pay.
Speaker 1: No, that's good Well surely the brisbane will to be, looking after.
Speaker 23: This, wouldn't they yes but Also Too because i'm i've GOT A N c i s and, everything like that they don't.
Speaker 9: Have to pay, oh.
Speaker 1: That's good along with your massive salary that.
Speaker 23: You're, picking up yes now talking, about my salary you will be, getting a massive big arm check in. The mail scene.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic air from?
Speaker 23: Whom from me i'm giving you a quarter of. A million dollars.
Speaker 1: OH thank god i knew it was going to. Happen one day that. Is so kind so so is that the best? You can do just a quarter Of, a.
Speaker 28: Mill yeah well that's the other has got to cover for my surgeries.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 23: And everything, else but yeah and the other part Of that is i'm going to be donating fifty Thollars To The cancer council Research And The olivia.
Speaker 1: Newton john fantastic i'll help you. Present the check i'll come and then see. It for you.
Speaker 23: Oh definitely yes now, ALSO also too i was just watching A documentary.
Speaker 9: All it a couple of months.
Speaker 23: Ago, About you know Hogan's Hero star bob crane.
Speaker 1: Do The wonderful Bob Crane. From, hogan heroes yes.
Speaker 23: Well he wasn't he didn't actually die. Of natural causes he was actually murdered by one of his, fellow.
Speaker 1: His friends well hardly a friend if he was. Murdered, By him.
Speaker 23: Yeah but, the thing is he was found not, guilty, Of, MURDER.
Speaker 1: Right OKAY i think i sort of. Knew the storyline i'd have to double, check ON that so i think he did come to. A. Horrible end.
Speaker 23: Yeah so yeah and the other THING too is i just want to say to all your listeners and that thank you for, all their support and you know.
Speaker 1: You're. More than welcome we think we just lost the line there or justin for, some strange reason we. Just dropped it. But that's fantastic so there's two hundred and fifty, Thousand dollars coming what are you? Going to, Do, With that TONY what am i going to do with another two hundred? And, fifty thousand really because this is the second time he's dropped me a two hundred. And, fifty thousand jeez you'd be looking, all right then would you say one hundred and fifty or two hundred, and fifty thousand two, hundred and fifty two hundred. And, FIFTY thousand well i. Just don't know i'm still waiting for the first, lot to arrive, by The way and i'm sure the second lot will also arrive in the. Fullness of time, but you. Know it's exciting two hundred and fifty thousand would BE enough to, i don't know you'd a. BIT to charity i think maybe the good news Is that the daytona could now well and truly be ordered from the Good. People at rollicks we were talking. About that earlier did you notice we didn't have one person who rang through to say that they were Given the gold watch. When they. RETIRED not one i think it was. An, urban myth really we'll do this when we come. Back your calls it's All. PART of australia i. LOVE this program I missed It australia. Over night. Morning that's sory, this is?
Speaker 21: Irrelevant isn't it.
Speaker 1: TELL you what? I Have missed but i'm looking forward to catching Up. With The chuk the chuck will be coming up in the next Hour Part, of australia overnight Along, with The cereal which i'm really looking forward to catching up with. In the serial you've, Been, following it jake. It's really good well You, haven't been okay he's. Dotting his head, No he hasn't so we'll do that all in. The next hour if you would like, to thank you this is my song now money FOR nothing civil i mean listeners, to the program. Just send. Money it's great no they don't one double three. Six nine three is? That telephone Number It Is. Australia, overnight Morning.
Speaker 3: Yes is Australia overnight. With tiny McManus.
Speaker 1: Come and join Me From the. Australia overnight newsroom sit down at your chair and turn on the microphone and, Say, Yallo, Yallo, Hello. Hello hello hello. How you?
Speaker 30: Doing, i'm fine yeah good to see you back with. Your deepened voice can you do some berry?
Speaker 1: White? For us oh you know?
Speaker 15: They?
Speaker 1: Really? Do BOYS yes Can i? Do verry white tony mc does very white in five four Three. Two one jackson look at this. Here it is it's. Just not enough it's. Just not enough there with which Television Program? Was verry white? So, close associated okay?
Speaker 30: You've got me there Was it Earth. WIND and fire.
Speaker 1: I. DON'T think so i don't think it was something.
Speaker 30: Along, those lines YEAH There's.
Speaker 1: A tv there was A very famous tv show in the eighties nineties that featured A Lot of. Verry white, music in fact it still comes up in A feed that i've Got, a digital okay.
Speaker 30: You've got me there.
Speaker 1: With the whole. The whole past. They're all lawyers That Would.
Speaker 30: Be, elemit beer yes that is, A, nineties.
Speaker 1: Show, yes ninety show and they She just loved and at one stage they had a concert and the little cafe that, went To downstairs very white comes out and starts to, sing this Song.
Speaker 30: The very white, The very white you.
Speaker 1: Are kidding me it's AMAZING. Piece of tv and then they do the dance to the bathroom where because there was the girls and the boys all in.
Speaker 30: The same bathroom the whole show was a, bit out. There wasn't it wasn't a typical law drama.
Speaker 1: A little bit it's a little bit. Like this program it's a. Bit out there, it's it's. Interesting it's different now speaking of things, That are, different barry off you go off, to sleep. Now thank you he The, great beyonnn oh.
Speaker 30: There's only one.
Speaker 1: There is Only one beyond it can. Only be one he is the genius or one of, The YEAR too Genie. I, from abba yes and so you look at. What they DID. He's, embracing, ai.
Speaker 30: No, why, oh no no, Not only, that oh. No that's wrong.
Speaker 1: He's writing a NEW musical with, ai, and says, quote it's fantastic such. A great tool you. Are kidding me and he makes the point that he could do it.
Speaker 30: So much better. With, real instruments.
Speaker 1: Well, he's done. That you see so he says that they always embraced new ideas and new ways, of doing things and that made. Them very. Successful he Said, now with ai revealed during a talk show recently describing himself at three quarters through, the creative process project represents his latest experience in experiencing pushing musical boundaries following the massive success Of the Groundbreaking.
Speaker 30: Avatar, SHOW voyage Now i believe melbourne was trying. To get that.
Speaker 1: It did try to get. A. Bit wondering yeah he went, on to say it's like nothing a songwriter. In the room it's like having another songwriter. In the room really an extension of your, own mind too to have access to things that you didn't.
Speaker 30: Think, of before well You don't, need bennie. Anymore do you You just need Beorn.
Speaker 1: And His, Ai benny GONE bennie Out Ai.
Speaker 30: IN oh dear I don't know i to hear the. RESULTS of, That i. Mean i'm interested i'd like to see how far we, can TAKE it but. I DON'T KNOW some ai i find is.
Speaker 1: A bit bland, Give me one GIVE ME one a a song that has three letters in the name of the song is five four three two there are. There's only one there's only. One to each will you but you have?
Speaker 3: Glouness to mine.
Speaker 30: Might?
Speaker 1: HAPPEN to LOVE.
Speaker 6: I wish i used.
Speaker 1: It used to.
Speaker 3: Be some nice it used to.
Speaker 1: Be so good if you take that vocal out, of that piece that, very first piece the way that each note you're so cleverly constructed at the start, of that soul it really is a. Piece of, genius it is which is now forty, five years old.
Speaker 30: Probably nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: Would, be longer. Yeah that's scary fifty Years?
Speaker 30: And then waterloo wasn't that the Nineteen? Seventy four Eurovision?
Speaker 1: Seventy four eurovision it.
Speaker 30: WAS seventy two. I can't remember i obviously can't remember because it was a. Long time ago, knew were.
Speaker 1: Little, Very little yeah i'm. Thinking seventy four this is. A great piece listen.
Speaker 12: To this vocal.
Speaker 1: What happened? To our love it used to. Be so good so it's interesting though That, somebody like jorn who could probably just go away and never do anything, again in life should he, choose not to is tinkering around the IDEA. Of abusing AI.
Speaker 30: I'm just i really am a little bit horrified. By that, thought, YOU know well i don't know.
Speaker 1: That we should be. HORRIFIED by, it i. Mean it's different it's a technology that, is now available and he says it allows you to come up with ideas or an extension of an idea that you may be. Contributing to it and it comes, back and says have you? Thought about? This?
Speaker 30: Makes, sense interesting yeah well we'll wait and see. What HAPPENS here but. I don't know have you got a? Favorite a song you?
Speaker 38: Got?
Speaker 30: A favorite. YEAH lots lots i don't THINK that's, an. Ab, Song isn't.
Speaker 1: No probably the one that, we just won. That one down that becomes a bit. Annoying after all you think you.
Speaker 9: Told you not.
Speaker 1: Make me laugh see what happens when you.
Speaker 30: Make me laugh You Can't make, Berry, white laugh.
Speaker 1: No YOU can't, the i mean there were so many of, those great episongs but the One, would be.
Speaker 30: Yes really great it's a, good, disco disco. Yeah disco song and there's been a few good covers, Of that Too. Yeah wonder yeah erasia? Do you remember do you know?
Speaker 1: Who they are do?
Speaker 30: You remember them in the early nineties They did a erasia As. In rubbing things they did a Whole album of abba covers and was. One, of, them yeah. Yeah whole album did not know? That aber risk?
Speaker 1: It Was, cool goss.
Speaker 30: Well, speaking of abba their, Sound engineer recently, yeah, Only YES yes and i. Didn't know this he was important part. Of THE team but i think it was one of the. REALLY early songs i think give it. In a minute but he used to, get the music get them to, record it twice and then put them over the top. Of each other but they'd be a. Micro second apart it, was ring ring that's it to give it. A bigger sound so instead of hearing four women, two women singing hearing four. In a way so this is the sort of stuff they. Came UP with and i believe they were one of the first bands to use a nine. Track recording EQUIPMENT.
Speaker 1: Yeah that, i don't know but it was. At the time it, was so, very very different and the production technique was very very different in, terms, of pure unadulterated beautifully.
Speaker 30: Constructed, popular, music, yeah, yeah yeah no we'll. Give THEM that and i can't Believe they're all they are, all with.
Speaker 1: Us, aren't they yes they are unless you unless you get a break something.
Speaker 30: Horrible for us next time you go to a trivia night and you get the question which pop star was Born Above? The, arctic circle.
Speaker 1: Oh do you?
Speaker 30: Know the answer it would be one.
Speaker 1: Of, THE ladies. No I.
Speaker 30: Don't it's freda if you look up the town where, she was born it is Just Above the Arctic. Circle in. Norway thank you, there you go. No useless.
Speaker 1: Information thank you with The Compliments of gabe Hudson From Our AUSTRALIA overnight news a really nice. To see you. Oh you two, Paul good. Morning good morning here going sensational and yourself.
Speaker 38: NOT terribly bad i know, you're A watchman so i was going to bring up.
Speaker 1: A, quick watch STORY Please do i we were just talking about them on the earlier SEGMENT where we i asked the question how many people were actually in retirement were given the proverbial gold watch or? Your gold watch, was the? Metaphor wasn't?
Speaker 38: It it was but this isn't about. A gold watch they didn't make, a GOLD watch so i. Couldn't BE gold but i used to do a bit of consulting work for.
Speaker 12: Some companies and.
Speaker 29: On the first five.
Speaker 38: Years of working, for this company they decided they give me a gift, of a watch and that Watch WAS A, cassio G shock AND I, thought G shock and i may have overplayed the excitement.
Speaker 12: Level that.
Speaker 38: After they gave, me that watch because they gave me another watch, after ten years and THAT Was, Another g SHOCK and perhaps i overplayed that a, little bit too because the, after fifteen years they GAVE Me.
Speaker 1: Another t shock so you have A Collection.
Speaker 15: Of.
Speaker 1: G shock.
Speaker 38: Well i went to the local dueler the OTHER week because i wanted to adjust one of the bands ON them and i didn't really wear them because they WERE Just a G shock and i.
Speaker 12: Had BETTER watches so.
Speaker 38: I went to THE shop, and, i said gin you just adjust the band and while, we're at it, this first one can you? Change the battery, He said no? So why, NOT he said i don't want? To open, it he said that's an original NINETEEN Eighty. Five g shock it's worth about four and after seven dollars everything.
Speaker 1: Older, than you again you're KIDDING For?
Speaker 12: A g, shock, i said, yeah he said. THEY'RE quite, valuable, i said oh what?
Speaker 38: About this One he, goes, he said yeah that's a.
Speaker 12: Limited edition too that's.
Speaker 40: Where, eight thousand yeah.
Speaker 1: There you go see who knew ALL the.
Speaker 38: Time I thought these watchers WERE Just.
Speaker 12: Another, g shock no they must have liked.
Speaker 38: Me a little BIT more, than i thought because a, TOTALLY he said i had about thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Worth of watches, there it is and how often does that happen where people have got these little things that have been handed down. For whatever reason and don't not that the, value is important but it's really exciting when you know you've got this little nugget tacked away that's a bit special and nothing, else FOR.
Speaker 38: Absolutely and i had no idea until a couple. Of months Ago so now i've decided to start wearing a couple OF them because i. Appreciate, every more yeah.
Speaker 1: They and you'll never you'll. Never break.
Speaker 9: THEM oh, NO i look i drive trucks.
Speaker 38: From a, normal DAY job and i smack this thing around all the time and it's still.
Speaker 15: One.
Speaker 1: Hundred percent yeah and they, are a big. Funky looking thing and there's so many different vers versions. Of them. Too always reliable good, on your pool look after yourself Out. There at, Nola good, Morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning tony, How.
Speaker 1: Are you, nora i'm, well thank you.
Speaker 9: GOOD good good.
Speaker 15: I heard, you i'm, Well, He, WAS yeah tony i have just completed a study on how bad smoking.
Speaker 37: Is For you.
Speaker 15: Found i'm astound now smoking is very bad for you because EVEN the most, i studied this even the purest, form of tobacco the plant already has quantities of, nicotine in it which. Is highly addictive and the more processed and the, older the tobacco the worse. The nicotine content so that's of course worse. Than playing tobacco but plaining tobacco is just as bad because even the purest tobacco has a lot of. Nicotine IN it then i went studied vape to see. How they compared would they were better than cigarettes because there's no tar and, crap in them but. Still highly addictive they can for some people be used to break you off cigarettes if, You're very careful but really the own and the nicotine patches do nothing but encouraged nicotine. In your body as turn as you, go off them you want. Some more nicotine there's only one. Way to quit and This is what i'm going to have to, go at. Now, is.
Speaker 8: Meditation yeah so how many how many you?
Speaker 1: Having, Per, day.
Speaker 15: Nola well I'd say today. I've had fifteen.
Speaker 29: Well your, own see.
Speaker 15: This this study i've done has just turned. ME right Off i think i'll just have quiet and easy going there because my attitude through the study has. Really JUST altered just i feel my mind having. A, different, Outlaw yeah meditation i've just taken. My pet off i've. Had THIS day, then, I thought, No i'll stop i'll put A patch of but the patches. Are just no i'm going.
Speaker 1: It's another form. Of the addiction for what It's Worth it and i've been saying this for many. Many years now, if you're inclined you should have a look. At the book there's a great book and there's courses Being run around Australia called The stop a smoking course Put Together. By Alan Carr the alan carr HEARD Of That i. Stopped smoking course You Would know stephen mills. Who did it he did it FIRST and then i did it after. He did it we Were doing the bricky program and neither of us had a, Cigarette.
Speaker 15: SINCE right well i will certainly heed then to. Look back on but with my frame of mind the way it is, up TO study maybe i, won't NEED it but i will keep.
Speaker 1: It, in mind well and it's, not that expensive so have a look. At it online, find It Online The Alan Carr. Stop smoking. Program it's one it's a few hours. OF your life i think they run them. IN those days i think we went to a hotel, reception center area sat in a room with fifteen or other people that were. Doing the, course and if in a likely event it doesn't, work for it you get. Your money back will you?
Speaker 15: Do another course, well that's there but nothing just getting the canteen out. OF this system i have which.
Speaker 1: Which take which which takes about two and a half days to, get the system to get it out. Of your system. IT'S the psychological i think. It's really tricky.
Speaker 15: It, is the psychologue, because, you're, right, YEAH anyway yeah i just thought let you Know that because i've been kind of an advocate of Smoking and when i've got a bit of a puff or, SOMETHING'S wrong here. I, Did study no i've been.
Speaker 3: Wrong and null it can.
Speaker 1: Be very, Expensive.
Speaker 15: Oh expensive you're not wrong. About the expensive.
Speaker 1: Like, many of us you get this little you get lots of various emails that come, from sometimes genuine sometimes not. SO genuine places i get lots of requests to join various gold membership type of clubs associated. With AN airline question i put to you is do they provide any real value or are? They pretty dodge they always look really. Dodged to me, having said that it's really hard to tell because they're, so beautifully branded usually associated with One Of the middle eastern and. Or certainly local Get them from, virgin as well, saying you know if you come and join us and we'll give you gold memberships and all the, Bells And whistles and i'm thinking it all feels, a little, weird you know. MONEY for nothing i don't, think so now just because we get lots of lovely calls. Into this program one of the regular contributors is. Bloke who's fantastic have? Listened to this he's singing, in The background This. HUGHES in. Queensland i know it just rings the program and we put him on hold and he plays and plays an. Hour after hour it's BEEN there for abd two. And, a half, Addie good, Morning.
Speaker 16: Good Morning Tony. And action jackson.
Speaker 1: Do you play? A musical instrument.
Speaker 16: THE only thing i can really play because my cousin is a, professional PIANO player so i can play the Main chorus of elvis can't help falling in love with you?
Speaker 1: On the piano.
Speaker 16: Yes, YOU so yeah i played, a little bit but that WAS the one i really took. An INTEREST in so i would like.
Speaker 12: To learn more but.
Speaker 16: He's not so. DEDICATED as usual i would love, to learn more So one day i'll buy one and take.
Speaker 12: TO perfect that i.
Speaker 16: Love, the piano.
Speaker 1: Yeah there's a lot to love with the pi and.
Speaker 16: Nola, the end anyway you know you're talking To my brother, jim about fish one of. The fish spieces believe, it or not when it has eggs and, it's in danger can change the sex from, female to male is what it can change from the six. OFF its kind i don't KNOW what, species i forgot but it changes from female to male to protect the.
Speaker 1: Eggs from, predators, that's right yes and so they do that to make sure that the little babies. WILL be okay i thought you were going.
Speaker 16: To delp me you can know quite a lot your fishermen here?
Speaker 20: Do?
Speaker 1: You go oh fishing and fishing.
Speaker 16: Is my life that's.
Speaker 34: Good.
Speaker 16: TO hear anyway i Like Her when gabriel hodson comes on from the news because she's pretty spot on with the.
Speaker 1: Music the group, it's very Good?
Speaker 28: Isn't she yeah and coming from a jay background that came out, nineteen eighty seven first track would have been a little more and they.
Speaker 16: Do, They dance splosion I'll take A, chance ON me which i.
Speaker 1: Have on record it's a, great little. Piece?
Speaker 16: Isn't, it yeah erasia so it's KIND of the frenchi, Sort Of, Song oh lomore do?
Speaker 14: You remember it i'm.
Speaker 1: NOT sure, that I do so erasia the only what was that Big? Hit single erasia well that was a. Big back then is this early part. Of, the eighties yeah.
Speaker 16: About eighty, six eighty seven middle.
Speaker 1: Of the eighties.
Speaker 9: Are you unaware?
Speaker 1: OF that song i can see. THE record label i reckon It Was. On, warner brothers.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's correct erasia?
Speaker 37: Just spell it oh?
Speaker 9: Like you know?
Speaker 29: Oh my, God, oh more ola how Do?
Speaker 1: You spell erasia though he r a s you are A? Like, RAISURE erasure.
Speaker 16: WELL i hope. I gotta rather i haven't looked At?
Speaker 1: Him and jackson what? Do, You, got yeah. Yeah that's correct is the song you're thinking Of Called? A little respect Not the one? I'M Thinking of A, Little respect Ardie. Little respect ardi I'M not sure i.
Speaker 16: Know that one but though the mare was a pretty big hit in the mid eighties, or late eighties closer, to eighty, Seven, old say.
Speaker 1: No not familiar. With mine either? So what's what what's the? ONE You said? A? Little, respect jackson yes there's only one hundred Million plays on. Spotify that one let's have a. Listen to this can we play, A, little bit steve it's the one we're thinking of fart. FOUR three too.
Speaker 3: I try to discover little something?
Speaker 1: To be, sweet.
Speaker 41: Oh baby refriend.
Speaker 1: From.
Speaker 25: Breaking my heart.
Speaker 1: I'm so. In loby.
Speaker 3: Five that's give him a no reason why?
Speaker 1: You're making me?
Speaker 3: What's that's human nor that's, gem AND no that.
Speaker 1: Gm that's humans There. You go eurasia not too sure that's, the, one either rather. But thank you we'll do this more of your. Call straight after we've got the serial. Coming up momentarily so we'll bring up Today with a Place, in the sun, episode thirty five which is. Not far away we mentioned earlier on this day in nineteen sixty eight for those that, were around then one of which was you and me was On This That, senator robert kennedy who was then, only forty three was shot mortally wounded on this day in. Nineteen sixty eight, The YOUNGER. Brother john f kennedy, nineteen sixty eight remember like. It was yesterday the serial. Not far. Away that's next if you have just woken up for the first Time on, this thursday morning great to. Have your company we'll have a look at what the papers are doing many many. Shortly as well if you would like to be part, of the program we get. A bit newsy we look at some exciting things that may unfold throughout the rest of one double three, Six nine three come And join me. Astralia over night.
Speaker 3: Now, this is australia Open eyed. With tony McManus, good news story.
Speaker 1: Bad news story we'll get to. THE first one a good news story would have To be The, tasmanian person man according, to the papers who has claimed seventy million dollars ozalotto jackpot's second highest jackpot prize in, the lottery's history bought the soul. Winning ticket online despite claiming to Have Checked the odds lotteries account more than about fifteen times since Eleven pm on tuesday and going To, work yesterday wednesday he had no idea that he'd actually taken home in THE year, Winning a man i've. Checked the, ticket man anyway it turns out he's got seventy million In the kiddy he's. GONE to say i hardly. SLEPT all night i WAS wondering if. I was dreaming i was going to wake up and someone was going to say it's all. Just a dream he hoped to spend his winnings on a home with his partner after a rough, couple of years buying a dream home with my partner and helping. My family out oh. This is brilliant I'VE been saying i will have To work, until i'm seventy. But, not now congratulations that's the, good news story not so, good news story because we were. Talking About nicotine so i've had a couple of texts talking about the, fact that nicotine, speaking of nicotine, that Even Tea the Great, cup of. Tea contains nicotine so did a little. Bit of research it turns out may well, be the case so only. In trace amounts tea, popular beverage worldwide but could be surprised to know that it contains a little. Bit of nicotine nicotine is, an addictive substance to, say the least naturally found, in some plants. Such as tobacco trace levels are also, found, in potatoes. Tomatoes and tea despite being, present in tea it's absorbed differently than the nicotine in a cigarette and poses very little risk, to the HEALTH which is i guess the good. News around that still you wonder. About the safety the article reviews, nicotine in tea, how it's absorbed and whether it Affects the, health tea leaves alongside with a few other fruits and vegetables, like potatoes, tomatoes contain nicotine but. Only, small levels however this, is extremely small tiny, tiny little grams but. Definitely in there according, to this report nicotine tea absorbed differently than nicotine in cigarettes other, inhale tobacco products making it less. Harmful and addictive Who Knew peat port melbourne.
Speaker 17: Only a?
Speaker 1: Good thing hanging you're on, The, road again yeah just on.
Speaker 42: THE way home i just gonna say something time you keep a lot of, guns, at night man.
Speaker 1: That's very kind.
Speaker 12: Do you have.
Speaker 42: A good rest that's what else. Leading for you but don't take it. The wrong way but sometimes we need someone to down blood boiling to. KEEP us away i think you do a good jobs.
Speaker 1: Some fuch to get them to get to get. The blood Boiling that's, why i'm here just to make. People's blood, boil oh my that's something that gets us through the Night On a, thursday friday morning three.
Speaker 5: Twelve and one you put.
Speaker 1: Your, That's right well I'M go even i COULD do the t Shirts around that australia overnight because it makes. Your BLOOD boil.
Speaker 42: Just i just want to talk about something you probably. Messed last week you were here with THE a f l and we're talking about. THE trunk saga i SHOULD have any i. Mean, you LOST uh LOOK i Heard.
Speaker 1: I heard tom. Talking about it we've got a bad line when you're mobile, For, some reason pete when, you're, you know moving we get a dodgy sort of. A dodgy line I Did hear tom elliott talking about it in this. Program last week must have been late last week or. EARLY this week i forget. Which one now and it was a pretty interesting conversation about the idea of drugs in sport and associated with THE. A f l but you, wanted, to.
Speaker 6: Say uh can you?
Speaker 39: Hear me?
Speaker 5: Now, it's clear, Yeah, keep going yeah some of these one OF the next.
Speaker 21: I wish would.
Speaker 43: Chances and they should just be kicked out of THE.
Speaker 38: A f l And, that and.
Speaker 1: Pete we might have to. Leave you there it sounds like you down the back of the. Out back toilet well that's, when you say can you? HEAR me now i. Can hear you it's only when we were when we. Start talking, again but anyway, have another tryst keep, talking.
Speaker 5: Going yeah yessuh he was saying that how did you take and get a free st that we just kicked OUT. OF the, afl i remember going back a few years ago.
Speaker 43: Protected a couple of these players in the back of a car that were shooting up uh, truck service center and you've got the lawyer friends to cover up and say they all passed out during, that little people we might.
Speaker 1: Have to just leave it there right because some of the, THINGS you're saying i. Can't BACK up so i just got to be very careful because some of these matters can. Be before courts, that's number. One very importantly and b it's a. Really dodgy Line we might i'll put You back to jack and we might even call you back and se even get you in a. Bed of line plenty room. On the board you'll get. Through straight away come and. Have yours say for those that, are hanging on. Please be patient we'll get to as many as we can in. This half hour come and Join Me for australia overnight one double three. Six nine three good morning for those that have the family members. And arexia nevoso it's an. Incredible horrid thing front Page Of the age today talks about it in the context of it's considered a mental health condition with the, highest mentality rate in part because only about half the patients respond to treatment methods developed in. Fact decades ago. That's number one the other interesting story is the state of our health in Hospitals. RIGHT around, australia i mean you've got, to say that given given everything that's, available to us the state of our hospitals are. Pretty. Pretty poor now many, Of the hospitals i've, got to say do. An outstanding job but we read some of THE stories and i listened to a lot of the commentary here on three at w during the week two some of the different things that happens, in hospitals now waiting times and all that. Sort of Stuff and, as i'm listening like, many of you you think here we are such a. Great wealthy nation have we got our priorities wrong? About MANY issues and i THINK you and i would probably agree now that we do things that are presumably members of government often find a priority to you and me don't make sense when compared to things that. We really require, that is health, that is safety that is the provision of good quality lives. Available to us should we use? To EMBRACE them and i think probably, in that order if we, get that right we wouldn't have the dreadful situations where people that go into hospitals that can't get the attention that they. So desperately need there was A great story i think four corners during the. Week about hospitals it was. Just mind boggling that's the world in which. We, now live. Vern good morning you have, To. Forgive me vern. It's getting tired the voices are starting to, crack a. LITTLE so forgive i. Beg, your pardon, No, That's okay. Verne you're good you wanted to say.
Speaker 13: Now in appreciation to.
Speaker 34: ALL us, listeners i.
Speaker 13: Oh a man.
Speaker 1: Of, my Word yes.
Speaker 13: And i'd like to invite you and joy.
Speaker 1: Just to us.
Speaker 13: Any time you want to Go. To, gipps land.
Speaker 34: Yes the first Stop.
Speaker 15: Would.
Speaker 13: Be walhella yeah and then want to get to.
Speaker 1: So want? To get there?
Speaker 34: Have, a look yeah?
Speaker 15: Have?
Speaker 13: A look Uh And Then volga national park which. Is absolutely beautiful take a couple of bananas and. Then some snakes, they've got. Uh barbecues there YOU know what i didn't realize you could put a banana.
Speaker 34: In its skin.
Speaker 1: On a.
Speaker 13: Barbecue you can it just tastes like.
Speaker 1: It tastes, Like, banana banana fredda it does does taste like a banana predicts that's pretty much. What it is.
Speaker 13: You Go to tara valley and after that you Come. Back to dalgan have.
Speaker 1: You been to paynesville? At this stage pardon have You? Been? To, paynesville.
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 20: Hello what.
Speaker 13: Now this is on Your. Way to painsville and after this it's been. A long day so after that you take the first hotel as You, come into dalgan and and then that night you go to the steakhouse.
Speaker 21: And and.
Speaker 34: You, have a sleep.
Speaker 13: Both of YOU and what i say is this. Is not rubbish this is true blue and.
Speaker 12: It will work you're like.
Speaker 1: A travel agent, in the morning.
Speaker 13: You're going to painesville and you're Calling It the rowsal bakery and you can pick.
Speaker 1: Whatever, you want well That's good because i've Been out with jackson before and he cooks. A, dreadful breakfast.
Speaker 13: Anyway that's, on the board and when it's, going to happen can you please ring ME so as i can, Organize it time.
Speaker 1: Which means you're going to pick. Up, the, TAB no no i thought you're going to pick up the? Tab, for US oh.
Speaker 17: Yes, i will oh you're don't have to.
Speaker 15: Pay for.
Speaker 34: Anything, that's good.
Speaker 1: Great because we've had a bit of a win for we didn't win the seventy Mil somebody in. Tasmania won that but we've had what do we win two hundred and fifty thousand dollars that, We're being sent so we've had a pretty good win. Forall it today and now you're going to and then you're going to show us around the Better. Parts OF gippsland well.
Speaker 13: I won't be ABLE to because i can't, Walk. Very well tony but this is the appreciating That ours kIPS landers can.
Speaker 17: Give, to you well.
Speaker 1: That's very kind i'm. A little touched i'm. A, Little, overwhelmed vern.
Speaker 13: Well don't be, touched too much because.
Speaker 1: Don't. Touch me there.
Speaker 17: The thing is that.
Speaker 13: You've done so much For the kipps land people with what you, have to say and.
Speaker 1: You, know.
Speaker 13: It's appreciated And you've got i've got to take my head. Off to you you've done a, Really. Good Job tony so i'm happy that you come. Back ON board but.
Speaker 17: I know you have.
Speaker 1: Been very ill, but it's nothing it's, nothing too.
Speaker 9: Horrid but you've got a lot of.
Speaker 34: People behind you it's.
Speaker 1: Very very, Kind. OF you vern i appreciate. That kind word we may take you up on that offer. At some point you. Just never know the text line going to overtime one double three. Eight eighty two maybe the dodgy line for who was the previous, call of there whether the djer Do. It was pete we're not talking about. The, dodgy stuff well maybe there. IS a link. I don't know can you play the gorilla, On, building sketch tony the gorilla? On building sketch not too sure that means text ending in? One seven four play the gorilla? ON building sketch. I don't know you may need to provide, further, information, who how why? Where and when that that References. Completely, Lost kenny now i'll bet. Your million dollars. Kenny's falling asleep.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's my Tip. You're sleeping kenny. He's, not enough yes he just eat rings.
Speaker 15: And. Then.
Speaker 1: Nods off kenny one of the previous listeners has picked up donated two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, to the program which is. A lovely gesture we'll give it, Away. For charity kenny would you like?
Speaker 15: Some?
Speaker 38: Of?
Speaker 1: That yeah, kenny generally speaking how do you feel about? The? Program overall? Yeah i'm good did you were?
Speaker 28: Not?
Speaker 1: OFF again kenny i think. YOU'RE nodded. Off i didn't you didn't just sounded a bit. Like, It was, Hey, i'm good, yeah really, Well, thank.
Speaker 8: You okay.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 37: What Boy, Mine, Open, HOLLY sorry.
Speaker 1: Kenny i don't understand one of the words, you were saying so you'll need to annunciate as so me and the audience can. Understand, YOUR question, kenny.
Speaker 29: I said, the fully line that's.
Speaker 37: The fully line opens, up in, night the.
Speaker 1: Sinks, the footy, line.
Speaker 29: The fall, the falling line, the train line, the train line.
Speaker 1: The tram, line, train line train.
Speaker 28: The.
Speaker 1: TRAIN line yeah i was on.
Speaker 37: The nine of the six on The.
Speaker 1: Ninth, of june yeah, That'll. Be fantastic kenny and would you be?
Speaker 30: On?
Speaker 1: That train yeah is that the last Train. Out? Of, clarksville yeah yeah it's very very, handy for you last Train out of clarksville.
Speaker 37: With.
Speaker 1: The, Monkeys, yeah yeah kenny thank you for that. Snippet of information. I'm most grateful how is your brother? Is all right are you both going to?
Speaker 43: THE?
Speaker 1: OFFICE TODAY. A a b are you both going into? The office today don't you go. Into the office don't you have a business that you and? Your, Brother run Well, i'm next tuesday you Go, in wi yeah with a. Disability. Will ability yeah Good. On your kenny it's always. Good to chat you, Look, after yourself kenny and try not to fall asleep again when you ring through.
Speaker 15: On.
Speaker 1: The, program, KENNY okay mate i know everybody needs a bit, of a sleep, but you know it's just not good when you're sitting there waiting to come on the program and. You're not off it's not. Good for you it's demoralizing, to the host it's annoying. For the producer one double three. Six nine. Three Thank It, the Bob Newheart The bob. Newhart gorilla sketch we'll see if we. Can find it i'm not Too sure if i'm, familiar with it but if we can find, a tracker down we'll see if we. Can, do that next It Is. A straighter, Overnight. Good morning great Sam McClure And, the age Today Along with Alexander Darling and Jaca Nahale, from the age talk about what's Happening. Down in tazzy it's, an, Intriguing story really TAZZY'S long. Awaited afl team it looks like it's pretty much suspended in limbo as the state's premier stares down a No Confidence motion state parliament that might force a snap election and scuttle the bid To build the devil's a Roofed Stadium. At macquarie point so while the uncertainty brought the club's longest serving administrator to, tears, public tears yesterday The Chief. EXEC brendan, gail i mean if anybody's going to get this, Over The line brendan gail would be the. Person for that was confident the new team was on track to enter the league in twenty. Twenty. EIGHT morning brendan i know there's a lot of political noise around this. At the moment naturally it raises, Questions and uncertainty Gale. Told the age but our focus, has not repeat. Has not changed we are, building something, special, something powerful enduring The deeply Important, Australian to sorry i'll start to, say that, again, something powerful enduring Deeply important to tasmania foundations where. Lying are strong our. Momentum is real we'll stay, in the moment keep pushing forward and control what. We can control it goes on and talks about the conjecture about the need for the stadium has already a hot Political, topic in tasmania but doubts intensified when the state's labor opposition declared the intent to pass a no confidence motion In Liberal, premiere jeremy rothcliffe who leads a minority and faces mounting your. Levels, of debt look there's, a few hurdles to, say the least but don't dismiss it when you've Got People like bennie gail. In the chair he's one of those great leaders that can. MAKE things happen, i would say, Watch, this space, hugh gotcha, MORNING oh morning.
Speaker 17: I met you the salmon are looking a bit nervous out of their Pens down in tasmania with. What's going on well.
Speaker 1: They probably are but if you're looking for some, really good salmon that's, where you go. Isn't, it you, Ah.
Speaker 17: Oh no we've got a pretty big fish and chip Chop Up In north queen's way and the well always in the trouble and strife on the big, what they reckon it's bleaching and then drying out and then come and good and. Still, got, yeah, NO no no i ain't going anywhere a bit. Like, the salmon hey. We ain't leaving they're are. Ponds leaving alone we are in, The, joint.
Speaker 1: Now yeah well. We hope that we hope that's the case in your part of the. Worldview everything right.
Speaker 18: It's just.
Speaker 17: Got chilly tonight that's very, unusual for like like it hasn't rained for two weeks and and and THE first, night i slept we were going to have a timber leasee. And a bike he showed up and a mate was hitch ike and the only lift he could get. Was a bike and we're in a slab Hut Up on bill daniel's old cattle lease and we're going to Become this like And me and dave we were the first two there that evening and.
Speaker 1: They associated up he's made on That should BE dave and I showed UP.
Speaker 17: Dave and, i and anyway he had this two thousand and. Six hundred acre and the first night we, slept there like we let the fire go out at about nine o'clock and it got down. To minus seven it was called. A black frost by four o'clock, in the morning there were four naked men lying together. In the slab, WE covered ourselves i, think we could and we thought we. Were gonna die what's going on Up. There with queensland it can get cold up. In the mountain but the first night, We, Spend here god i'll, tell you what it was bigger Than the. Game mighty graph but we. Weren't like that we just didn't. Want to die we couldn't pour the water out till nine o'clock. In the morning we couldn't even get a cup of coffee because we let the fire go. Out, at night god talk about a. Bunch of idiots you gotta.
Speaker 1: Do what you gotta do to keep warm when when. That, temperature, DROPS.
Speaker 41: No no i don't need any gloom man the.
Speaker 17: Salmon of. Fine they're fine they know. What's going on they look at he look what's going?
Speaker 36: On?
Speaker 17: Over, there nothing okay. Let's go back we swim around. For a while our traffic of water is going to be down, there soon anyway so they won't.
Speaker 1: Have to worry how The crocs, Around, jewel area oh we're up, in the.
Speaker 17: Mountains thank heavens they, can't climb, Waterfalls nott whoa, oh it's, cold it's cold so.
Speaker 1: They'll be hungry what's going to happen if and when The great mister kata decides to throw?
Speaker 17: His hat, around not, allowed not allowed not, we believe in but never underternity Like like it's bob and he's like he's like the captain and that.
Speaker 21: Won the lotter we.
Speaker 17: Keep just reab. We'll replace him but that's. All we've got we've got another cat replacement, ready to go and then another.
Speaker 21: One.
Speaker 17: After, that yeah no it's.
Speaker 1: A royal lineage well he's good because he knows every single human being that sets foot anywhere, near his residence.
Speaker 17: Unless it's a dog. Jumping his fence like up here we wish the dogs, all a bit we ain't, they come home but you hear the. Occasional bomb Bomb don't. Jump bob's fence.
Speaker 1: Don't do that he, goes up here well as you.
Speaker 17: Do rainforest there.
Speaker 9: Are, DIDN'T goes, yeah i know.
Speaker 17: And the Same On that Gary.
Speaker 29: All and gay yeah.
Speaker 1: You got your. Guitar in HAND oh sure i HAVE give me i need to bet thirty seconds in five four. Three two one.
Speaker 19: All the stars are broad and.
Speaker 41: It's Some sort of mediterranian tropic of paradise where they didn't goes and the bush turkeys are on. Free and paradise they're. Creegs with platypus their crocs don't go out the lunch with them there's a mining river and a.
Speaker 1: Day fossil gullic let's go to the other side of this Great Nation, In western australia, Guilford, Last morning.
Speaker 9: Tony hey, You, go mate.
Speaker 1: Well thank you it's it's.
Speaker 39: Still raining here it's been running for quite. A.
Speaker 1: FEW days well i had a couple of phone calls from a family and friends and they. Said exactly that one great wine commentator rang and said, it's, really pouring.
Speaker 9: Yeah which is.
Speaker 39: A good thing we've had a lot, of good rain which is good Because they haven't we've had hardly anything.
Speaker 16: For, six months yeah so it'll.
Speaker 1: Make a big. Difference to everything. Hopefully it is it's gone.
Speaker 39: All the Way down Through esperance and esperance has. Been pretty dry So we've got we've, got a good good wet which is great because the crops have all been. Seated and, whatever and yeah so it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Another great year what was the last just reminded the national audience the great. Plan it was i'm just thinking whose plan it was to bring down lots and. Lots Of. Water ernie bridge, it was, bridges that's right It Was The, great ernie bridge And.
Speaker 39: It Was barnette, colin barnett.
Speaker 1: One and Then colin has premier wanted, to do it and it really got pretty, close to happening and then it still. Has, not, happened.
Speaker 39: No no but, we've, had well well we don't need any. MORE water, here i mean look at look at you know the cipline That came in alfred and and the other one last year when it Took out the fitzfloy the bridge on The Over, the fittsfoy river YOU know.
Speaker 1: What i mean but that's all. Up north though there's always a. Stake, OF water.
Speaker 39: Yeah i KNOW but but i do a lot of my workout in the bush and they're doing pretty, well, out there. Right you know so they're getting the wheat crops in the there's plenty of.
Speaker 29: Food.
Speaker 39: Out there whatever set for Whinning around about october it gets a.
Speaker 1: Little.
Speaker 39: Bit, Dry whatever anyway THAT'S not what i want. TO talk about i just, want to say where will we be Without.
Speaker 12: People like, kenny he's.
Speaker 1: Amazing Isn't, He oh god i've been listening to.
Speaker 15: Him.
Speaker 6: For years.
Speaker 39: Unbelievable plain what he?
Speaker 30: Is?
Speaker 39: Talking, about right okay so he's Talking, about on monday the new extension to. The, railway network uh what They Call, the, thornley line right that that opens up so that ENABLES people And I know kenny. Dodges foot footy that opens up all, the Southern, suburbs including mandra to a direct train to the stadium for.
Speaker 1: The football too, Up, the, stadium yes yeah.
Speaker 39: Without going, to the city without going.
Speaker 1: To, the city yeah but it was not that far anyway when you. THINK about, IT i mean i haven't seen the plans for it and have been out of that loop for a, long time now but it never really it always seemed that it wasn't a big deal to even if you had to change a train in, the city area it was only one or two stations just to get to.
Speaker 28: Up the stadium it just takes, The, Load, off toney yeah. It, probably does yeah that does the load when there's a, big game on and we've got some pretty big games happening. Here and events it just takes the load off just without.
Speaker 39: Bringing all those people in through. The city whatever they can jump on A, Train and, mandra mandra, Man you know mandra is the second Biggest City.
Speaker 1: In west australia, wouldn't surprise me and some of the work they've been doing. On that foreshore it was a bit shabby there going back, twenty years ago but gee it's. Tidied.
Speaker 39: Up now yeah it's bigger than bumbering out and it just takes that load, off. THE network, right i mean these people all piling, into the city all. In one station But now from monday they can jump on a train and come from mandra down all those southern sub which is, a growing area a very, big growing area and jump on the track and go directly to the stadium without having to get up.
Speaker 1: In, the city yeah good. On your lads give my love To. Everybody, In guilford okay so look. Who it is i'm thrilled that. He's Joining us, Julian medale, morning.
Speaker 9: GOOD morning sir i couldn't get, onto any mochistro. It was impossible yesterday they brought back the subject of historic tunnels Of. The, OLD melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yes I did hear tony, talking ABOUT that because i was coming out of the dentist at THAT point and i jumped in the car, and, he said oh we're going to talk. About these tunnels. Some fantastic stories one in particular a caller and it may have been A. RELATIVE of grubbies i think talking about a tunnel under a. Couple of schools.
Speaker 9: THAT'S Correct NOW i fortunately i couldn't. TAKE the call i would have. Liked to mention my first job Was At The old palace cinema at the Top. End, of birtry no there was a that is absolutely true that in the Old Agents, of benjamin fuller who used To run the Prince Owned the Princess. Theater in melbourne there was a Tunnel between the Palace and the princess and they used to share the same chorus and dancers. To save money and the tunnel between. The two THEATERS and so i had a look backstage when It was a cinela and that tunnel was all was all. Covered in cement so that was a true Story between the Palace. And the princess they had. A long History The old Palace, theater OF berkery which i understand is. Now a hotel.
Speaker 1: That it's corrected i'm just trying to think, Where. That is julian so around The Corner, in burke street.
Speaker 9: The top end.
Speaker 1: Where the hotel across the road right, and Then Yeah.
Speaker 9: The palace theater was opposite that rock, and roll place what was called that Rock.
Speaker 1: And roll yeah the restaurant that was The. Ah the.
Speaker 9: Worldwide there was a, chain Of.
Speaker 1: Them the rocket i've got. A mental blake what was the name, of the hotels the the The Cafes, Hard Rock Cafe. Hard rock, Cafe, Well done Jackson Thank You hard rock cafe.
Speaker 9: For telling me that that is. A true story it was covered IN cement when i saw it that that. Show was run the theater was run for A while By harry and miller reopened it as a live. Theater with, Hair.
Speaker 1: That's correct, Julian more importantly i've had so many emails and people saying that you'd been off the radar as part of the program for. PERIOD of time i don't need all the details EXCEPT to say i hope you're well and, you're doing okay and then how much you have been Missed On The. Australia OVERNIGHT program can i tell.
Speaker 9: You another story you look at at the aucent Section of, the age yesterday there's a very historic mansion on The Corner of cooyeong road And In the ness avenue would be number sixty three of a very historic old mansion that was once occupied by the Late miss mister cat And my mister moran who only lived to thirty nine, years of age and his Part. Of the cato they Had The large shane Australia wide Of. Moran and cato it's a Very interesting story Internet how mister Cato came from england and he lived to nineteen Thirty five or moran died at thirty nine before nineteen had before turn of a secrety ah and.
Speaker 1: That brand Was. Moran and. Cato that's right.
Speaker 9: They were very very. BIG supermarket chains i Think the First moran and cato may have been According, to the internet In More and Queensbury Street. In north melbourne would you be interested to.
Speaker 1: Look that up I'll get to jackson to have a look at. That very surely but were They just throughout victoria or Were they? Outside, VICTORIA jurally no i Think it.
Speaker 9: Was AUSTRALIA wide and i Think that Mister Moran was Scottish.
Speaker 1: Moran and cato we'll have a look at. That very Surely the OTHER moran that i often wonder about is and my memory is that the factory closed and they Ceased Production was moran furniture and not far from where You Were. In glen iris i'm not.
Speaker 9: Sure about that would you be able to? Look it up it doesn't mention it.
Speaker 1: On the internet we'll have a look for it and see if. We can So moran and cato was the largest Grocery stores in. Australia nineteenth century it was established back in the partnership Was. Established In Melbourne frederick john cato. Joined The cousin thomas moran died, in eighteen ninety age thirty nine and was succeeded. By his widow and the. List goes on the company was employing nearly, one thousand people had one hundred and Twenty branches In australia and Tazzy Forty In new south wales and became the largest independent retail grocery Chain, wholesale in Australia A, Competitor cole supermarkets. Wallies and others what a great Brand that Was.
Speaker 37: Moran and cato interesting is, An interesting story.
Speaker 15: What.
Speaker 38: An.
Speaker 1: Interesting store yeah now we have a.
Speaker 9: Lovely house that used to Be in armadel STREET behind, where i lived and we had a big protest in twenty fifteen to try and say the historic. EIGHTEEN eighties mansion i think About Number sixty armadell street and the land today is totally like nothing has ever happened. To the land. It's still there this house has gone and nobody seems. TO go there i can't understand how they can keep such a valuable land empty.
Speaker 1: For six years who knows how. Those things work it always amazes me some of, the major Cities certainly here adelaide into a great, degree as well places Around inner city perth that. Just sit there often they just look unloved and. Nothing happens there and how do people? Pay the rates sure they're playing. Rates on. It that's weird what's structures, been really. Weird isn't it.
Speaker 9: There's also a Link of Mister Cato to new Zealand And to stare.
Speaker 1: Stall the.
Speaker 9: Story as well.
Speaker 15: Is It?
Speaker 9: Called pleasant creek is that? In their store that's just As store as Kato lived? In stall too oh.
Speaker 1: There you go Now anothering where texas just coming what you've Been talking Says moran and cato building still Stands, in marm bina right next door to. The rail station it's Still called The morane. And cato there it's a. Building branded building whether or. NOT it's trades i wouldn't afforded. Trades under that but the very famous building. Was still there murambina.
Speaker 9: Are We in The morana And cato with armada on The Corner of Kuyong Road in high street run by two sisters and that's now. A doctor surgery, there you go great pieces.
Speaker 1: Of history there did You know that.
Speaker 9: Queen came to melbourne in nineteen fifty Four At The. Mauldon town hall it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't surprise me she would Have Loved The, Maulvin. Town Hall julian and i've got.
Speaker 9: People sleeping outside Isn'ton airport in melbourne with a super constellation top of. Propeller piston engineer i'd be To see the Queen arrive in melbourne and.
Speaker 19: Some.
Speaker 1: Great. Memories there julian i've got. To love you but it's good to have you back. On the program and don't. Be a stranger.
Speaker 9: They're very.
Speaker 1: Kind, of you okay, Good. On you julian he's. Back In town mark Stall your next we'll say you To six pur listen is very Shortly PITTY. Because shane a bassett coming up the next half hour talking movies and entertainment, for the weekend speaking Great Weekends, In Stall, Hio Mark.
Speaker 27: Man pleasant Craig that's just i'm basically on the. Backside of it that yesterday's store hospital then it. Became an institution We've Got a cato park just to have A Side of central park and yeah Named after.
Speaker 39: Demanding yeah, there you, GO and.
Speaker 27: Yeah i see the day fell down and easy now the night.
Speaker 1: You couldn't white i've only been back the one day and you just couldn't waite to slip the added ask straight. Into the backside oh.
Speaker 27: Tell me that and and the reason that ride track was part.
Speaker 29: It's the arena.
Speaker 27: They have an option pack there and. Turning my trainsport weren't it.
Speaker 1: Right for?
Speaker 27: The parking spot if.
Speaker 29: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: I've got no idea what. You're, talking about well it's a big.
Speaker 27: There's a big ride training park and in the arena and what they do is the raffle a spot off every and they. Play football, there.
Speaker 1: And, sorry sorry again you're talking About something that i'm supposed TO understand and i don't know what. The reference is so are you talking about something Now happening in Stall? Or, In, melbourne no no this Is. Up in, Alice, ah right, okay you know explain very. Much for me i'm very very. SIMPLE boy MATE i know i don't understand what, You're, talking about Mark so so i'm pleased you mention that road train because it was massive. Behind, the goal yeah it.
Speaker 27: Was all it was all burying. OFF and everything i.
Speaker 39: HAVE an auction i.
Speaker 29: Have an auction.
Speaker 1: Is is it too difficult to understand to explain that before you start. Talking about it we've, got thank you. We got there, In, the end mark you. Make you laugh we've got to, do this Unfortunately and Then shane ay bassett. Movies and entertainment it's all coming up the, next half hour All Part. Of australia overnight farewell to everybody LISTENING through Six. Pr in perth we've got news caming up top of the hour and then it's all about movies and entertainment the. Next Half. Hours australia overnight.
Speaker 3: You're Listening To australia Open eyes with tony McManus.
Speaker 1: In the process of trying to Track Down the great man and we can't find him. AT this stage i think he was a special guest of an opening Last night in sydney and he sent us A little, MESSAGE jackson Saying i hope i'm going, to BE okay but i should be okay for right. About five o'clock and so what happens is we try and give me a call during the, Five o'clock, news no, answer your honor which means he might be having a bit of a sleep in and or he's got the, Phone on anyway so we'll, push on REGARDLESS except that i did want to mention things that are watched when you're not feeling. One hundred PERCENT oh so i want to throw it because We haven't got shane. At the moment one double three. Six nine three shows that, you've, been watching movies film shows that you've been watching in the last week or a couple of weeks that you would like to. Tell me About Tell the australia overnight audience about one double three, Six nine three jumping nice and. Early THE one and i wanted to Discuss this with shane ay because he always, says to me what have? You BEEN watching, and, I thought well i've never got any decent. Stories to TELL one morning i do.
Speaker 37: And.
Speaker 1: He's not there So. It's on Apple It's called Your, Friends and Neighbors. Friends and neighbors Your. Friends are neighbors it's coming back for SEASON two because i think the final episode went To, where last, friday so, tomorrow week ago a, Week ago tomorrow and it's. Really really good just share. That With you john hands. Brilliant in it but this is the story where The Fund manager andrew cooper turns his life into some pretty serious crime and divorce and the loss. Of his job so things are. Going pair shape and to maintain appearances in, the affluent neighborhood he began pardon me. Going along beautifully it's five and, a half hours, first day back. Leave me alone to maintain appearances, his affluent neighborhood he begins stealing expensive watches slipped into some bottles, of great wines amazing wines and things that he knocks off and then has a whole. LOT of fun i won't spoil, it for it but it's. Really quite. Clever final episode good news is and i'd be able to discuss that with a great man if, he was here is that they've already started to, make series two which. Would be fantastic so those of You THAT have apple tv. Can highly recommend it's a, bit of, fun it's lovely, it's well, produced GOOD storyline and i think you. Might enjoy it what have you been watching anything, on the telly whether It, be on netflix whether it be on one of the, catch up stations and there are many from. Which To, CHOOSE as stan i watch a fair bit on stand just because of some really, great shows there and many of which have been around for, a long time but to see them, in the, context, you know bump a bump and a bumper is just still a great. Novelty for me one double three six Nine three, Is sabelle, Morning. Hello tea matt it seems like such, a long time.
Speaker 32: So you've been. A few hours i just want to sleep for.
Speaker 15: A LITTLE bit but.
Speaker 17: I Did.
Speaker 15: WATCH on netflix i.
Speaker 32: SENT a message i don't know if you read IT out because i CAN'T remember because. I was ASLEEP nonas.
Speaker 1: Now i did see, THAT little note i DON'T know that i did. Get to that so just explained to us a Bit, about nons.
Speaker 32: Oh it's fantasic it's based on the true story And it's about It's Set in Staten Island in new york and a little boy who his parents died and he set up a restaurant and it's just, a really beautiful beautiful, movie to watch.
Speaker 1: And so based on a. True, yarn yeah yeah setting which decaded approximately What Post Post world war, one it was.
Speaker 32: So it starts off saying forty years ago and then it goes. Into modern, times but yes it's. IT'S just beautiful.
Speaker 15: I just loved Watching.
Speaker 1: It on. Netflix, ANYTHING else yes.
Speaker 32: I also watched The. Thing on netflix it was a, Sixth Series Thing, friends like her and it was based, on a surrogacy like a pregnancy when you know you have, someone else's baby.
Speaker 8: And that's really.
Speaker 32: Hard to watch it's really. Hard to, WATCH but yeah i watched the whole six.
Speaker 13: Series in.
Speaker 32: About i've watched it in twelve.
Speaker 7: Hours or something you just got a, Bang, bang bang yeah just like well.
Speaker 32: You binged it you binged it what.
Speaker 1: They call it that's. A great word is it's now part of the extivent that we just we. Did some binging you did what We did some, AND.
Speaker 32: You know i paid eight dollars nineteen seven dollars ninety nine for One, month of netflix and it was twenty six dollars with.
Speaker 13: Our ads or eight. Dollars with ads but there's only did.
Speaker 32: The whole thing so it.
Speaker 37: Was really good, it's pretty?
Speaker 1: Good ISN'T it Because i flung netflix for, no particular reason but just like a, lot of us you've got to cut back on. Certain, little things yeah Cut. BACK on netflix i get a text or an email every couple of days, saying come, back come, back come. Back, come back yeah why?
Speaker 17: Do you why?
Speaker 32: What's the reason what?
Speaker 1: Are you doing? What's going? Wrong come back.
Speaker 41: Come back now but you've Got To, watch.
Speaker 32: Master chef which Is free. On channel ten you've Got To.
Speaker 16: Watch master.
Speaker 1: CHEF we'll see i watched it the OTHER day and i just thought it was. A, BIT dull.
Speaker 32: Oh i haven't watched last night or or the night before ship and somebody, said.
Speaker 1: To me, oh you know you got to watch it because you get to learn the characters and learn more about the chefs themselves and what. They're trying to.
Speaker 32: Got lots, OF australian. Guys i Know, We've got andre we've Got, Some and poe poe who lives in the same.
Speaker 1: Street. As, me.
Speaker 19: You.
Speaker 15: OH it's gorgeous.
Speaker 37: I love.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous. It's well done you can go back. To bed. Now thank You, angela in, Alton, good morning, Oh.
Speaker 13: Good morning.
Speaker 7: Tony welcome back.
Speaker 1: We missed you that's very. Kind of, You.
Speaker 29: THANK you tony i want to start with a little bit of.
Speaker 26: A soapbox comment, first, of all, please you know it's it's interesting that people talk about all these things it on these different. Platforms During platforms but i'm concerned. ABOUT the future i think people should be talking about and watching FREE to wear tv as, much as possible specifically, To the point I've been WATCHING rake And i don't i'm not.
Speaker 13: A bing dry.
Speaker 26: I like waiting i like the action of waiting till the. Next week's episode but as you've, probably Said too, and shane said it's, such A good Good australian drama asher And And, oh david wenham. It's just unbelievable it's such, a great, series. Great production local it was In, filmed in melbourne. Which Was great, But, i'm concerned. Tony the future they're going to cut off FREE. To air tv you have to, pay FOR everything and i just. Think IT'S wrong and i think people there's SO much On sbs on, demand and nine the free to wear channel to stream and seven and ten AND TWO And Sbs, sbs world movies, And you know i'm just. A bit worried so, for, heaven's sake, People some people tony don't even look at what's on. Free to wear they just go straight to.
Speaker 29: Their, STREAMING platform, yeah i think.
Speaker 1: And we're, all we're, all in fact many of us do exactly what, you've just said and we should support some of the great programs that, hit hidden BEHIND say on SBS or the abc, or you know when you, think about that you can you can go to one of, the nine platforms of the ten PLATFORMS and, do i, know you know. It's pretty good there's a lot of.
Speaker 26: Which to choose and to get the idea, OF you, know i, mean fair enough.
Speaker 23: People.
Speaker 26: Love, binging good look you. Know that's great but the idea of living in a world where you have anticipation and you wait for. Something to happen we're living in society where everything's INSTANT gratification and, i, JUST think oh, I don't know i, just watched, children you know.
Speaker 7: Kids.
Speaker 26: Binging things something just, Learn to wait oh, we Can't wait, and i'm, thinking you. Know just wait it's a really important for you as a human being and a social being and an emotional being to learn to have that waiting, and, TO think oh i can't wait to see what's, Happening next week so that we're just losing a, lot in, life we.
Speaker 7: Think and paying for.
Speaker 26: Every little thing everyone's worried about their. Cost of living but they've all got these ten streaming, platforms and thinking you what's the things that ARE? Free on tv what's take the time to look at what's on the FREE to, wear tv stations the free.
Speaker 29: Free streaming stations you think that we used to.
Speaker 1: Do that when dallas was. All a road, you remember that, and, you go well can't wait to find out what? Happens, next WEEK.
Speaker 26: Well, As i said i'm waiting for the Next episode OF wait because i can't wait to see. What happens Now i'm really i'm really looking, for TO that and i think they're seeing in life we need to have things. Look forward To, it's PRETTY.
Speaker 1: Angela and i thank.
Speaker 7: You for.
Speaker 1: Contributing That's great, Brian, blackbird morning, oh.
Speaker 20: Good morning fellows i've got a really old.
Speaker 1: One for you? What is it what have? You been watching.
Speaker 19: It's A Film called bad Day, At Black.
Speaker 1: Rock bad Day, of black rock just down The Road. Near, sandry game.
Speaker 19: Yeah That's it, it's it's no.
Speaker 1: That's not It.
Speaker 20: Body like spencer tracy is a stranger who turns up in this little Town. Called black rock you're a Great.
Speaker 1: Fan of, tracy oh.
Speaker 20: Yeah it's fantastic and he only. Had one arm and now all this town is pretty tight knitted and it's GOT leamar.
Speaker 40: And i reckon he would. What A Cast and ernest borgnine was running the motel before he was in the hotel and He Said to spencer tracy when, he Turned Up because spencer tracy was in a suit and a carry bag and he Walked Up, TO ernest, Borgnine i said i'd like, a room please, And.
Speaker 20: He, said i'm. SORRY we're, Full i said i'll have that key hanging, on. The wall okay and it turns into a.
Speaker 37: A.
Speaker 19: Really nice, film not.
Speaker 20: Nice that's not.
Speaker 1: The right, word enjoy it enjoy horrific.
Speaker 19: You, know outcome yeah if you've ever, Heard of it Bad, Day, at BLACKROCK no but.
Speaker 1: I Love everything, spencer. Tracy, SAID done so i haven't. Seen THAT one, If i have i've. Forgotten About it but i'll certainly have another. Look, For it brian i've got, To Fly unfortunately damian tardio footy tips. Coming up Next It. Is australia. Overnight still reckon that is if, not the best it would be in the top two footy themes of all time in.
Speaker 2: The day celebrating thirty.
Speaker 1: Years this year?
Speaker 2: Is that right, That particular theme this particular Theme Commissioned By gordon, Bennett Channel, Seven Greg champion paul kelly also has a Minor Partner.
Speaker 1: And mike Brady it is brady, Doing That, Vocal.
Speaker 2: Mike, Brady. Greg champion kelly he's got a little bit of, the vocal too but you'd.
Speaker 1: Never hear it champs has promised you'll come on one Morning For The australia. Every night program must get him, on as soon? Are you sure he keeps saying You'd love, to and anyway it's another thing. Too work planned where do? We start tonight three?
Speaker 2: Out w footy We Start At Marble Stadium Tonight thursday Night Football the Western. Bulldogs and hawthorne hawthorne coming off a three game losing streak under the pump at the Moment They've, Lost James cicily Nick Watson and jack scrimshaw for tonight's Game for The Dogs, Income Ryan gardiner Josh Dolan And adam trelaw, ON face value I think the dogs, should WIN this but i wouldn't Be surprised if hawthorne could actually, cause an upset it'd be, very difficult though coming off a six day break. Backs Against it the. Dogs should Win but if hawthorne, calls an upset.
Speaker 1: Don't be surprised i'm going to Go. To the hawks friday night gets on the way around about, twenty to eight seven forty Three At W. Footy, adelaide brisbane yes third versus Second At the adelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: Game of, adelaide crow's look they've been very. Impressive this year i've been a Big, fan OF theirs but i just can't trust Them against. The BRISBANE line so I think the lions should be too Wrong At. The, adelaide oval.
Speaker 1: Okay and then let's move into a round about Twenty past one SATURDAY Afternoon AT Tigs sydney.
Speaker 2: Mcg saturday afternoon richmond haven't won for. Three weeks here last Win Came against West. Coast the swans they've been going like. An absolute busted they lost by Ninety points against. ADELAIDE last Week i reckon tiger fans head DOWN to the mcg because you'll see.
Speaker 1: Your Team. Win On, Saturday, Holy dooley okay Pussycats down at Geelong Up Against, Gold Coast suns.
Speaker 2: Gold coast And geelong On sunday on SATURDAY. Afternoon at gmhba the catch will be too Strong Against.
Speaker 1: The Suns Giants.
Speaker 2: Port adelaide giants they should have no chop Problem Disposing Of Port Adelaide North Melbourne.
Speaker 1: West coast sunday this is.
Speaker 2: A Game that north melbourne Have. Sold TO bunbury they i think they will struggle though selling home games and having to Trouble To. Way west coast really with an, unofficial homeground advantage they should get.
Speaker 1: The job Done Silly. Questioned CALDON bombers.
Speaker 2: Am i tipping essendon to? Cause, an, Upsets yes exactly.
Speaker 1: Get over this side.
Speaker 37: Of the desk what's going?
Speaker 1: On with you i'm causing the. Cause an upset massive day Coming, up on, monday of course long WEEKEND at the g and We Speak. Of melbourne collingwood what a game.
Speaker 2: As it stands calling with the premiership favorites and they should have no problem getting over the d's.
Speaker 1: Wrong d's to. Bounce back, Luck Thank. You damian tardio forty selections Part of the bricky program coming up next three ow brinkin coming Up with The. Ross and russ they're cranked up and. Ready to go as, You can imagine today is The BIRTHDAY. At kenny g. THIS goes back i can't believe it over forty years now as the first We GET. For, Kenny G songbird. I'm tony maca before we know we may. Never meet again may our hands only ever be held out in friendship. And never, what He's. Young he's jackson thank you seeing it up my friend
Speaker 15: M