Speaker 1: On two GB, four BC and network stations. This is Australia Overnight with Phil O'Neil wedding.
Speaker 2: How are you? How are you feeling? I had that surprisingly good day all things considered, and I'm feeling rather chipper. What about you? The cat wouldn't let me get out of bed, though one of them got it. The thing is when you've got a cat, as you will though if the cat sits on your lap, that's it. You can't get up until the cat allows you to get up. And so I was lying in bed and I thought, well I'll get up, and the cat got into bed and I went, well that's it. I can't go anywhere because it had got there right on my leg and it had fallen asleep. So I lay there for half an hour. It's incredible the power that your pets have over you, isn't it. Joel was talking to a made of mine who's about nearly seven foot tall, and I said, it must be really great to be that tall, and he said, no, it's not. And I said, well, you know why, because I'm only about five ft six maybe and a half. And I said I would love to be tall, you know'd be fantom I mean, I'd love to do lots of things like have hae, but that's another conversation. I said, it must be really great to be really tall and he said no, In fact, I would rather be short. And I said why and he said, because it's really hard to get clothes that fit. And then I said, well, you try being a short person. You know, you never find a pair of jeans at fit. But he said the same thing, that the sizes are actually more tailored towards somebody who's shorter than somebody who's taller. And I never thought of that. So therefore, if it's really hard to buy jeans, you know, you can get them taken up if you're short. And I said, okay, we'll give you some more examples. And he said that my bones ache a lot, and that taller people's bones ache a lot more than shorter people. I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm going to go with it. And I said, okay, give it's wae examples and he said, whenever I go anywhere, especially if I go to a concert and I'm seeing a band or anything like that, I feel really self conscious all the time, and I always feel like I'm in people's way, so I'm always stooping as well, and that a lot of people who are really tall find it really difficult to be really tall because they're really stoop you know, they stoop all the time. And I'd never thought of that, So I thought i'd open on that that tonight on the phone one three one eight seven three, or on the text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three on the phone overnights at two GB dot com. Are you a really tall person and you find that you wished you were a shorter person? Because I when he gave run through all of these things, all of these issues that tall people have, I started thinking, you know, I can't really think of anything that's bad about being short, you know. I mean, I guess, you know, average height shot, you know, I'm talking, you know, five to five for a man that's pretty short. I mean, you know, there are things, are disadvantages because you do have a tendency, whether you like to admit it or not, to suffer from small man syndrome. But in terms of being a short person, I really can't see any disadvantages disadvantages to it as compared to being really tall anyway, what do you think. I'll be interested to ask about that, and I'd like be interested to hear your opinion as well. One three, one eight seven three. Now, what's going on in the world, Well, I guess you know, well, probably nothing. If you look at how nonchalant Donald Trump was a moment ago. I was watching him and he's still on Telly on the White House front lawn, and I thought, Okay, here we go. Something's happening. And this is currently being broadcast on all the channels. I've got all the channels on because obviously I want to keep you updated in case anything happens overnight. So I've got CNN on. I've also got Fox News, and I've got Sky News UK. They're pretty much my go tos. And he's on all of these channels, standing there on the front lawn of the White House, not wearing a tie, looking very very relaxed, covered by guys in high vis And the reason he's there and the high viz guys are there is because they're installing new flag poles at the White House. And he honestly said this, he said, these are the best flag poles that we've got anywhere in the world, in true Donald Trump style, and he went on talking about how nicely tapered the flag poles were, and I was thinking, is there anything else that you might want to mention about things that are going on in the world, and any talked about the flag poles for a good twenty minutes without Now he's taking question from reporters and the questions are, well, what's going on with Israel and Iran? Give us an update on that. But he seems incredibly relaxed about the whole thing. He's answering questions amid tensions with Iran at the moment, and it's almost it's so much like Colm the Fruit, right, you know, a couple of days, a couple of days, that's how relaxed he is about it. And I heard John Stanley saying when he was talking to laurent to Marzi from Channel My News a moment ago that if you go and do not even a deep dive, but just a shallow dive into all of the news coming out about this particular conflict at the moment with Israel and Iran, it's non stop there. It's just stuff coming through all the time. I know a lot of people go to X and things like that for their source of news. And I only just started dipping my toe into the whole X thing. It's been on my phone apparently I've got an account. I've never tweeted, but I went on there and had a look just to get the zeitgeist, if you will, and there's a lot going on in the world that doesn't seem to be accurate. I think if you need a terrain for fake news and for ai, you know, orchestrated news, you can get that on X because if you believe everything on that X, the world's already ended. So if people are using that just as their source of news, then I would perhaps suggest you go and find another news outlet, even if you're not a fan of or Sky News, I'd say that you've probably got more chance of getting some kind of accurate picture of what's going on in the world than if you're going on too X. But anyway, so I've had to look through some of the things that are going on, and there's so much stuff at the moment too. The Iran Supreme Leader has declared the battle has begun, in his first public statement since US President Donald Trump said the US would spare him from assassination for now in a thrilling I big you, but no chilling threat. The Iranian State TV also warned of a major surprise tonight, one that they claim the world will remember for centuries. It's a pretty big calls a pretty big threat. It's a pretty chilling threat if you look at it that way. But he's on this is the Iranian Supreme Leader. He's on X posting what's going to be happening. He said that the nation would show no mercy. This is after Donald Trump threatened mister Ali Cadamini about the easy target post on truth socially said mister KAMENI is an easy target. We know where you are and we'll find you. Further to that, the US Embassy in Jerusalem's closing for three days. Israel and Iran continuing to trade strikes on the sixth day of the conflict, so they said on their website that the embassy would close between Wednesday and Friday due to the current security situation and the ongoing conflict between Israel and Iran. So the consualist services in Tel Aviv also closed until Friday. The US Embassy has directed that all US government employees and their family members continue to shelter in place in and around their residences until further notice. There's just a couple of stories that I had to look at, but there's so many more. Russia's demanded that Israel stop its illegal attacks on Iranian nuclear facilities, warning it's pushing the world towards a nuclear catastrophe. Donald Trump was talking about this a moment ago when one of the reporters said, have you spoken to Putin? And Trump said, yeah, Putin's offered to negotiate, and then he laughed it off. He said, well, you know, fix your own problems first. Don't come to me with trying to negotiate on this. You've got other things to negotia out on. But weighing in on this conflict, the Russian Foreign Ministry called on Israel to immediately cease the raids on the nuclear installations and sites that are undergoing safeguards and accused Western countries of manipulating the truth. So that's another story, and he's another one. Donald Trump appears to offer confirmation the United States is now participating in Israel's attack in Iran. On another social media post, he said, we now have complete and total control of the skies over Iran. Iran had good sky trackers and other defensive equipment, plenty of it doesn't compare to the American made, conceived, and manufactured stuff. Nobody does it better than good old USA, he said in his post. So it seems to me that you know, they've already got some skin in the game. Now it's hard to know what actually is true and what isn't. In the meantime, here's another story that caught my attention that I've I'll have to share this with you. Over thirty US military aerial refueling tankers have been dispatched to the Middle East in the past few days, and so where Donald Trump gives orders for the US to become involved in the Israel Iran conflict, the tankers could be used to support the Israeli fighter jet missions against Iran and also helped to support the US Air Force be two bombers should they be deployed into action. A lot of talk about the It's amazing how quickly you can have a lot of information if you suddenly find yourself going down a deep dive on this stuff, and I found out about the bunker busters. It seems that America have more and better bunker busters than Israel do. But I'm also led to believe that the nuclear facility in Iran that they're trying to get to is buried under so much concrete in a mountain that you've got to have something really special to go down there. So that's really where we're at at the moment. Nothing, there's nothing to report, which is good news. But are we on the edge of something that may be a big catastrophe? What do you think about that too? Phones are open one three one eight seven three zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. Emails are overnights at two GB dot com. And let's talk about two whether or not it's better to be a short person or a taller person. What are the advantages and disadvantages of that? Could be right? I'd like to hear from him morning. It's cold, not as cold as it had been feeling the last few days, but it does feel a little chilly out there. Currently thirteen degrees in Brisbane, but it feels like eleven degrees in Sydney eight degrees at the moment, but it feels like seven coming up to twenty one minutes past midnight. And the phone number is one three one eight seven three, text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three on the emails overnights at two GB dot com. Couple of things we're talking about. One after this conversation I had with my mate who's really tall, and said, you would actually be surprised how many tall people don't like being tall. And I said, yes, I you know, I thought the advantages are all yours and the world is yours, and you don't see it's really weird, but you don't see that many world leaders and people like that who are actually shorter. I mean, Zelenski's quite short, but you know, the majority of leaders, even you know when I say world leaders, even local politicians, they're all pretty tall. You know, Zelensky is quite short. But it's really amazing when you meet somebody and you think they have this stature of being a really tall person. And I met Bono in Amsterdam when I was doing an interview for MTV Awards over there, millions of years ago, and he came into the room and I was really surprised because, like I said, I'm only really short, about five to five and a half at a stretch, and he's the same height as I am, and I couldn't believe it. I sort of thought, Bono, you always appear to me as though you were six foot five. So that's just the illusion that you've got, you know, when you're on stage, but when you meet people. And I was saying this to John Stanley as well. He was talking about David Copperfield. And I did an interview with David Copperfield. He hid in the corner. I mean literally hid in the corner. And I went in and I said where is he? And they said, he's over there, and he was dressed in black, standing in front of a black drape in a darkened room. And I said, okay, fair enough, that's his thing. I did an interview with him, and afterwards I said to the publicist why was he in the corner? What was that all about? And she said, because he's quite aware of his height, and he's quite short and quite diminutive. It was probably seventy five eighty k's at best, and he doesn't want people to realize that he is, in fact so small because he wants to give that illusion as a magician. That you know, of course, if you're a magician, you've got to have a huge ego. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to pull the wool over people's eyes. But he wants to put off this illusion of being huge, so when you see him, you think, yeah, he's a guy can make the Eiffel Tower disappear. But how's he do that when he's only five foot four? So well, I just thought i'd put that out there and give me a ring. Let me know what you think in terms of whether or not it's better to be tall or short. One three, one eight seven three. A couple of texts coming through to JJ says the ancient Greeks weren't tall, but they ruled their part of the world for some time, and the Romans the same as well. And this one that came in from rowan Or. I think he's generalizing here, but we'll go with it. Field. You know, girls don't like short men. Ask any girl and they'll say she prefers taller men. Is that true or is that just you know, a bit of a generalization one three one eight seven three. Or on the phone zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three do you prefer as a woman to go out with a man who's taller? And also if your wife or girlfriend is taller than you. Is that an issue for you too, because you know that Tom Cruise had a big problem with that. And after Nicole Kidman and Tom broke up, she said, great, I can finally wear high heels again. And even he has the elevated shoes, so he has a real issue with, you know, his height. That's one of the many issues that Tom Cruise has. One of the other ones is that if he's running in a film, nobody else is allowed to run. And he runs in just about every film that he's in. So if you know he's running in a film, nobody else is allowed to run. And there's a lot of other people I think from I'm just trying to remember. I spoke to a guy once who put out a mirror which had the heights of famous movie stars on it, and I see if I can find the audio and I'll play it to him just a moment, and it was basically, you so, and it's a great idea. So you go, you know, go to the mirror and you have a look and you see how you compare to movie stars. And when the guy told me the heights of movie stars, I was really surprised. I said, you're kidding. I can't believe that that person, for example, is so short. Give me a sack. I'll see if I can find that audio. And this one came in from Marion. Hello, Marion, how are you? She says, my grandson is six foot six at sixteen, and he wants to put a brick on his head. Is that other side of it too, if you suddenly start growing when you're younger, a lot taller than the other kids. Although, what about Baron Trump, Donald Trump's son. He's about seven foot ninety or something now, and you know he actually you see this too, that he stoops when he's walking. A lot of people You notice that who are really tall don't like to be tall. Try being short one three one eight seven three. And on the text zero four to six zero eight seven three eight seven three. When we're talking about the other issue, which is the Israel Iran conflict, as I mentioned a moment ago, Donald Trump on the front lawn of the White House installing new flagpoles in front of a bunch of guys, or wearing the high viz. And I would have thought, well, and his real casual demeanor was surprising. I would have thought, with the world supposedly on the brink of what it is right now, he's gone out there completely nonchalant, without a care in the world. He really did have that whole I don't have a care in the world. I don't have the world on my shoulders. Like you saw photos of the Kennedys back in the Cuban missile crisis back in what was that sixty sixty four. No, he doesn't look like he has a care in the world, which is really weird when you consider where we're at, and maybe he went out there to try and give that illusion. But there's been a little bit of interesting audio that's doing the rounds at the moment too, where the conservative media figure Tucker Carlson, who is a big fan of MAGA. You know, he was at MAGA at the start. He used to be on Fox News, he isn't anymore now. He was grilled and also had a grilling with Ted Cruz, who's the Republican US Senator. And it seems that Tucker Carlson was in Donald Trump's camp big time. You couldn't get too close to people. It looks like he's had a falling out with Donald Trump, and Donald Trump actually said, well, Tucker Carlson. He doesn't even have a TV show. If you had a TV show, he'd have something to talk about. So we was talking about that. But here's the discussion between the two, and it seems as though there are definite divisions and a split with Maga.
Speaker 3: How many people living around? By the way, I don't know the population at all. No, I don't know the population. You don't know the population of the country. You seek to topple.
Speaker 4: How many people living around? Ninety two million? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how could you not know that.
Speaker 3: I don't sit around memorizing population tables.
Speaker 5: Well, it's kind of relevant because you're calling for the overthrow of the government.
Speaker 3: Why is it relevant whether it's will because ninety million or eighty million or one hundred million, Because if you don't know anything about the country, I didn't say I don't know anything about Okay, what's the ethnic mix of wrong? They are Persians and well presuminantly Shia. Okay, you don't know anything about Iran, So okay, I'm not the Tucker Carlson mixed bird on Iran.
Speaker 5: You're a center who's calling the one government the.
Speaker 2: One about the country.
Speaker 3: No, you don't know anything about the country. You're the one who claims they're not trying to murder Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: Who can't figure out to say General Solamonia. And you don't believe they're trying to murder Trump? Yes, because you're not called for military strikes against them in retaliation if they believe that carrying out military strikes today, who said Israel was right with our help, I've said we Israel is leading them, but we're supporting them.
Speaker 5: Well, this you're breaking news here because the US government last night denied, the National Security Council spokesman Alex Fiffer denied on behalf of Trump that we were acting on Israel's behalf in any offensive capacity.
Speaker 3: We're not bombing, then Israel's bombing. Then you just said we were. We are supporting as stakes you're a senator.
Speaker 5: If you're saying the United States government is now we're with a run right now, people are listening.
Speaker 2: Isn't it curious? So Tucker Carlson, who was very much as I said, in Donald Trump's camp, now seems to be questioning the whole motives behind everything. And the Republican US senator. I mean, these two should be thick as thieves together is now having to be on the back foot there with Tucker Carlson being grilled on the text This came through from Wayne. He says, I think the US is giving the Iran civilians time to get to safety while getting set up to hit a run military establishment with full four. He says that they can't afford to let this drag on. Here is a bit of audio with Donald Trump standing on the front lawn of the White House putting up the flag poles. I mean, I don't know if you can tell by this bit of audigo. I haven't heard it. Chris just put it in the system there just a moment ago. I don't know if you'll be able to hear in this audio how it relaxed Donald Trump sounds. But here he is answering a question about Iran failing to negotiate.
Speaker 6: You don't know that I'm going to even do it. You don't know. I may do it, I may not do it. I mean, nobody knows what I'm going to do.
Speaker 7: I can tell you this that.
Speaker 6: Iran's got a lot of trouble and they want to negotiate. And I said, why didn't you negotiate? With me before all there's death and destruction. Why didn't you nego, I said to the people, why didn't you negotiate with me? Two weeks ago? You could have done fine, You would have had a country. It's very sad to watch this. I mean, I've never seen anything like it, so you neveryone thought it was going to be the reverse. I didn't think so, And I selling him, you got you gotta do something.
Speaker 2: You got to negotiate, and you can pick it up cand you a little bit of He seems really relaxed. Maybe he's privy to a lot more. I guess you won't be privy to a lot more information that we don't know about. One three one eight seven three is the phone number if you want to give us a ring and have a chat about that, or on the text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three twenty seven to one. I found this interview by the way that I did with a guy who put out a mirror, made a mirror his company did. And you can stand in front of the mirror and see how your height compares with the height of movie stars. So you can make yourself feel really good about yourself. And I'll play it. I'll get it for you in just a Saint Chris is just having a look at it in the other studio. But I found it really interesting. But what a great novelty, what a great idea especially, I mean, that's something that people would love when they come to your house. Right, you stand in front of the mirror and you see how much taller you are than famous movie stars. And it really surprised me when I had a chat with him, which is why I thought about it. I'll try and find that. I'll try and get it on the air. We in just a moment, here's a Texa came through from Peter the Daily Crime broadcast on TV. It's just horrible people on bail, committing more serious crime. Guns, knives, machetes, fraud scams, skimming cards everywhere. It's a crazy world every day. I thought, imagine if you just dropped out. I thought that the other day, just dropped out and you had absolute ignorance, the absolute bliss of ignorance. You just didn't know what was going on in the world. And you find people who are like that, you know. I oftentimes I'll talk to people and I'll go what about this situation or what about that situation. Then they'll go, what what's going on? And they have no idea? I think, how can you not know what's going on in the world? How much ignorance can you have? That's a bliss? Did you find it there? Chris? Okay, that's Chris pressing all kinds of buttons in the background there. Hey, Phil, how do you think poor Jack feels in Jack and the Beanstalk. Well, I don't know. People who are six foot tall have a better view of the world than people who are, say, five foot six, says Bruce. Taller people can see more things, especially at the supermarket, Bunnings or at the football says Bruce. But I mentioned this before, Bruce that my mate, who's really tall, hates going to concerts and things like that, hates going to the movies because he's constantly aware that he's taller than other people. So maybe there's a if you pardon the pun, downside to that. Mick also says ask Dale, he's been in movies? How tall is he? And Paul said Nicole Kidman likes The Short Men one three one eight seven three. There's the phone number on the text zero four six, zero eight seven three eight seven three, and Tommy said, Phil, you mentioned Tom Cruise in his height. On the TV show Get Smart, Barbara Feldon, who played Agent ninety nine, said that Don Adams, who played Maxwell Smart, had a problem with her eyed, so she often had to go and slouch down and do barefoot stuff in scenes. So Adams constantly looked taller and stood on platforms too. I'd heard stories of Tom Cruise standing on boxes and standing on things, so he would he really must really hate that whole short thing. He must really get his goat the fact that he's not that tall, because it's you know, he obviously wants to play the tall guy. And I know that this was something if you're a Jack Reacher fan when Jack Reacher films came out, because Tom Cruise brought the rights to it, and everybody said, he can't play the character. Even my dad, he can't play the character of Tom Reacher. Tom is six foot five, you know, two hundred and fifty pounds, and you've got Tom Cruise. And that was maybe the only point that Tom Cruise, the only reason why Tom Cruise took that movie role was because he decided that he wanted to be seen as bigger in stantsher too. Just a moment. I'm going to talk about Sharks and there's a reason for that. It's an anniversary of Sharks. Also coming up this morning, and a lot going on on the show. Ask doctor Carl later on. I've got some of the questions that you sent through to me for Doctor Carl Kruzenewski. That's coming up after one and end of Brady's going to be on the phone as well with the latest news. He from the UK is the host of the round Table and he's going to give us his opinions on everything that's happening in the world. Leath band Onsolon's on going to be on the way to and also in our live lounge a little bit later on this morning, we have an international star who's going to play a song for you. We're going to go international in the live lounge. Marie, how are you this morning? No, Margie, Oh, I'm sorry, Margie.
Speaker 8: That's all right. It might have been your receptionist.
Speaker 2: Oh Dale, Yeah, okay, I'm blame him.
Speaker 8: Oh was that diale?
Speaker 9: Wasn't it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why didn't? What does he sound different? Did he sound shorter tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well there's something wrong with my signe so it hasn't got a very good battery because it seems, you know, it's an old I sign. So I'm having trouble with the battery. But I thought i'd try and ring you.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you know, and I've got you loud and clear. Five by five is they'd say in the Navy. So what you wanted to talk about with the height of actors?
Speaker 8: Oh, no, not actors, just met in general, right, Yeah. Well, I think a lot of women do sort of feel they feel better if they're with a taller man, most of them, you know, if they're tall themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think that some women just have a preference for taller men as opposed to shorter men, regardless of whether or not they're handsome.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, the thing is men have their preferences too, don't they.
Speaker 2: Well that's fair enough, that's a good point. Although it's never been an issue with me to have someone who's taller than me. I mean, I'm kind of aware of it because my wife's quite tall. When we're in the lift going somewhere and she's standing next to me, especially for going out somewhere, like you know, it's formal, and I think I look like you know, I look like a younger brother or something, you know, like I look like the poor cousin or something. So that's noticeable. But I've never really.
Speaker 4: Thought that bad.
Speaker 8: I mean, my husband was you know, he was shorter than me too, but it didn't it didn't bother me. But I know that I think men. A lot of men, you know, they like to be a bit taller too, if they're you know, if they're a bit short. I think they feel not all, not everybody. I mean some men, some men don't worry about being baled, and others sort of don't like it. So it all depends on how you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I had a choice between bald or tall, gee, that's a good question I just asked myself. And I can't even ask this to doctor Carl because he wouldn't answer it for me. But a choice between being baled or being.
Speaker 8: Tall, well, I feel the same about red headed boys. I always you know, the ones that have got real ginger hair, not the ones with you know, the.
Speaker 2: Dark yeah, the reddish hair, yeah bad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But you know I've got red hair myself, and I think the lucky stars that I was born female, because if I had been a redheaded boy. I don't think I would have enjoyed it very much.
Speaker 2: Well, there's been a stigma, hasn't there for a long time about ginger boys. And I think there was even an episode of you know, South Park or something, and there's even I think once a year in the UK they have National Ginger Day. It might be a world wide think where people who are ginger can stand up and feel proud about the color of their hair. Isn't that weird? I wonder where that came from.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I don't know, but it never worried me because I never had any problems having red hair. But you know, I mean girls can do themselves up, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. But it just when you think of all of the things and all of the prejudices and we have, you know, to pick on somebody because of the color of their ginger hair. There must be something somewhere down through history that's I never got picked on.
Speaker 8: I used to get called carrots and what else was it? I can't remember. Oh, I hated blood nuts. Sometimes they used to get called blood nut.
Speaker 2: I hated that kids can be cruel. But now it's come back into fashion and you know, the sort of ginger look is and the orban sort of ginger look is the most popular hair color for the last two years. Yeah, I don't know if you know. Have you not noticed that you have a look around when you're on the bus and have a look at how many young people have really highlighted and dyed their hairs, especially women, have dyed their hair to be.
Speaker 8: Almost I thought it was always blonde, you know.
Speaker 2: No, that's changed. No, blonde is so out now. Oh yeah, No, it's the urban colors, and it's the red and the brighter sort of reds. The colors that people used to shy away from have now become you know, so you're back in vogue.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, Well I've been this way, you know. I think I think my hair started growing when I was about sixteen months or something. But anyway, and my mom had five five in the family, and she was the only one with red hair.
Speaker 2: Have you ever worried about the color of your hair? Has it ever been an.
Speaker 8: Issue for you? Never had any trouble with me. They like my hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you know what, because I did read that if you have red hair, you are considered to be more intelligent.
Speaker 8: Oh well, I can't really answer that.
Speaker 2: Just go yeah, that's true. You just go with it. It doesn't matter, just as they say, lean into it, Marge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, no, I really you know, Yeah, I had fun when I was younger with red hair. I was the sort of I love parties and I love people, and I really enjoyed myself.
Speaker 2: You know, I wonder what the saying is for red hair, because you know, blondes have more fun. But if they actually have a saying that goes with, you know, the red hair, you know, the sort of the swinging sixties red hair hair, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I was always concerned when my sons were born. I had you know, I've got two sons and I thought, I, God, I hope they haven't got red hair. Oh really yeah, but no, Well the first one was bald until he was you know, a couple of months old, and he had blonde hair. And the other one was born with dark hair because my husband had dark hair. And yeah, so I know, either of thee's got red hair, it's not interesting.
Speaker 2: If I had a choice. But again, if you give me a three way choice here, one would I rather be baled or short? I would still take the hair but also if I had a choice between having no hair and having red hair again, you know, i'd look like the guy from Simply Red. I'd be quite happy with it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I mean you've got a nice personality.
Speaker 2: Well that's another way of saying I'm ugly, right, thank you. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 9: Not at all, not at all.
Speaker 8: But I mean having a personality, you know, I mean it means, I mean women like men that fake them laugh. Yeah, you know, and you don't have to be good looking or have a good head of hair or anything so that they just get attracted to men that make them laugh.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 8: They enjoy their company, you know.
Speaker 2: And you can always be a mascot for Queensland in the state of origin. Let's not forget that. Well, that's sort of a little more Maroon.
Speaker 8: Than I come from Adelaide originally.
Speaker 2: There's no blues in that. That comes later when you get older, when you get the rinse. Marjie, have a terrific day. Thank you so much for calling through there you got. That's Marjie in Brisbane and it is sixteen minutes to one. I found the audio for this tall mirror thing. I want to play that for you next eleven minutes to one. So a couple of texts have come through talking about height and this is from cars in Queensland. He says, Phil, before your time, Alan Ladd opposite Sophia la Wren in A Boy and a Dolphin and was short acted in Shade classic movie and later on a few other ones as well. Appreciate your text cos thank you so much. And also this one that came in from Carrie Phil, I was about to ring you about the footy and then I heard the news, so she got sidetracked before she wanted to talk about the footy with things that are going on, but then she got back to it and says, go the blues. We can still win this one. Thank you carry for sending three of that text. Paul gave me a saying that had to do with redheads and I think that all of the way, and also had one. All of the redhead jokes pretty much go in the direction that you think they might go. So I spoke to a guy in the UK who had this mirror. I think this is well. I don't know whether or not like the mirror itself or the concept and the idea of the mirror, because I think it's really really clever. And the mirror was called who Tall are You? So you would go to somebody's house they've got the mirror there and you stand in front of it and you see which well known celebrity or movie star you're taller than. And I thought it was a great idea. He was telling me all about it.
Speaker 12: I mean, originally the concept was all about when you're a little kid, you kind of measure your height and stuff, and if you kind of put a little pencil mark on the wall, and as you're growing up you kind of see it growing. And we've got it's kind of nice extension to that, so it's kind of kind of familiarity to it, which had a kind of novelty factor that you can also see your height compared to a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people will go to someone's house and the first thing they'll want to do is see if they're James Dean or Tom Cruise. You know, I'm feeling I'm sure you know, I'm about five to six, and I would get great pleasure knowing that I'm taller than say Tom Cruise or Colin Farrell or something like that.
Speaker 12: A lot of people are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it would give me an intense feeling of satisfaction, purpose and also achievement, and yet I've actually done nothing to get that.
Speaker 12: Exactly, it's perfect. I mean, I've got one point in my place, and every single person that comes over the first thing they do stand in front of it and compare themselves. Kind of one of those things that as long as you're over about five to seven, five eight, you kind of come up with quite a good result.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, I just todd you as five to six. Isn't no need for you to make me feel lotter at five six maybe five six in a quarter? Who am I taller than?
Speaker 12: So you would actually be around about Robert de niro height. I don't have a kid, tells over there over here, he retells it about eighty pounds.
Speaker 2: With the current strength of our dollar, it's about six million dollars.
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Who's the shortest person on the mirror?
Speaker 12: Gary Coleman's down there?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I knew I was taller.
Speaker 12: Than him, Yeah, Sunny DeVito.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, I kind of knew I was taller than him. And what about everybody? Bet all the women that be loving Kyley Minogue there.
Speaker 12: Too, wouldn't they yeah, she's quite tall. Actually right it right at the top. You've got people like Peter the Great, Holt Hogan, Dog London, the kid Rock.
Speaker 2: Well that's so interesting people. Well, of course your big mates will come over there. Oh it, give us a look at Darphin.
Speaker 12: We've got to two hundred tentimeters, Peter the Great and Peter Crouch.
Speaker 2: Which is one of our footballers, Peter Crouch. I knew that the English football are very very tall too. What a great idea. And I was looking up the height of a lot of people movie stars and Tom Cruise is only about the same height as I am. And it's incredible to think that. You know, when you meet somebody who's a movie star and you've seem they're short, I don't know whether it changes your opinion of them or not, but it's certainly a surprise. There was a couple of people that I met. Sam Pang I met and he was really short, and I was really surprised by that because he always seemed taller on television. And who was the other one, Oh, Grant Dania. Well here's a surprise for you. I met Grant Dania and I thought that I could out tall him. And I couldn't. And I was really surprised by that because you know how short he is. But there are some people. There's another one who I was thinking of, Andrew Denton, also equally really really short. You don't expect people to be that short when you meet them in person. Who else was there a whole bunch of people that you know, you run into and you meet, and then you in person you go, wow, that really really surprised me. You know, Tom Cruz quite short, Michael J. Fox, we knew that too. But Kevin Hart. Do you know the actor Kevin Hart, He's really short. He's only about five foot two. And also, you know who else is really short? Dustin Hoffman, who's again around about my height, just over five foot. Al Pachi is only just over five foot Isn't that incredible? You think al Pacino would be someone who just comes across as being a really really tall person. And here's another one, and this one really surprises me too. And two people in fact. One Mark Wahlberg, who I would always have said Mark Wahlberg would have to be up around you, you know, six foot. No he's not Mark Wahlburg, just a round about five foot six. And the other one that really surprises me again a round about five foot six and I would never have picked this, and that's Robert Downey Junior. You just think to myself, you know, like I could have been a movie star, could have been a comp always wanted to be a cop. Somebody else at Angus young too, and Robin Williams was only five foot seven inches in height.
Speaker 10: Two.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever told you, and I think I've got time to do it my Robin Williams story. And I was at this a bit of name dropping here, but it's true, but it was not by way of name dropping. But I just want to tell you where we were at. We went over to do a movie premiere in America with Molly Meldrum and Angela Bishop from Channel ten News, and we went to this restaurant and I think the restaurant was called No Boo and it was owned by Robert de Niro, who has a lot of restaurants. And we glanced over at the other table and I swear to god, Billy Cresteal was having dinner with Robin Williams, and I just went, I can't believe it. It's Robin Williams and Billy Crestel and also in this restaurant was Helen Hunt was there with the actor that she was going out with at the time, whose name I can't remember. It was Paul anyway, So I was sort of fixated on this Robin Williams. I mean, it's Robin Williams, right, forget Billy Crystal. And so Robin Williams went off to the bathroom and I thought, I'm going to go in there, and I'm going to follow him in there because I want to meet him. And so he'd gone into the cubicle. Somebody's in the cubicle and you're standing at a toilet and you don't need to go. You really are in no man's land. I've got, you know, nowhere to go, nothing to do. So I just stood there washing my hands for what must have been about five minutes, and you know, he was the only other person in there. I'm in there, he's doing his business, I'm washing my hands. Eventually he comes out and I spin around and grab his hand and going, you know, Robin Williams, you're a comedic genius, sir. You know my hands, of course, I've been washing them for about five minutes that were covered in soap and my arms were just saturated. But you know, I've got ahold of it, and I'm shaking his hand, going, it's great to meet you. It's great to meet you. You know that is my memory of Robin Williams. And then an Angela Bishop. If you're listening, you know you did this on purpose. Afterwards, they all went outside, got in their limousines, and I took her. Angela Bishop says, take a photo of me with Robin Williams and with Billy Crystal. So I took a photo of me with of her with Robin Williams and Billy Crystal. And then I give her the camera and I say my camera. I say, hey, Ange, can you take a photo of me with Robin Williams and Billy Crystal? And she cropped my head out, And I think she did that on purpose. I think that and you know you did it if you're listening, because she sent me photos the other day, Angela Bishop, and she was bragging about how she met Billy Crystal and Robin Williams. But she took me out of the photo. So I can't even have any photographic evidence of it. All right, it's coming up to news time, and then we're going to get to doctor Carl Krusiniski, Enda Brady, our UK correspondent, and more on the way. Five minutes to one. Hey Carrie, how are you? She said, I saw Robin Williams and she didn't mention where it was. I guess it would have been a high live concert that would have been absolutely amazing. Would love to have seen that. You know who else was really good live And I was surprised, not so much the last time he was here in Sydney, but back in the nineties Jerry Seinfeld. He was so funny on stage and one of the funniest things that he did was somebody said can you please go hello Newman? And he sort of rolled his eyes and he went okay, and something that wouldn't ordinarily be that funny, but then he stopped. There was a long pause and he goes, hello Newman. It was one of the most hilarious things. Oh, that's to your news, and then we'll get to end of Brady.
Speaker 1: On two, GB, four, BC and network stations. This is Our Australia Overnight with Phil O'Neill wedding.
Speaker 2: How I am so talking about height as we were a little moment a moment ago, Joe at Tempe said, Phil, what are the heights of the CGB presenters. It's a good question. I think John Stankey Stanley is the same height as me, about five six five seven. Clinton Maynard would be about my height. Ben Fordham also probably Ben would be about five eight. He's not very tall. Mark Leevy's quite tall. I'm just trying to think Michael McLaren yet he's also quite tall. So yeah, it's gotta yeah a bit here in a little bit there to answer that question for you, Kerry. Just to continue that thing that you were saying about Robin Williams with your text, she said he was the funniest man alive. I saw him when he came to Australia. No one tells the story about how golf started better than him. Yeah, if you haven't ever seen that, go to YouTube and have a look at the story that Robin Williams talks about how golf started, because it was absolutely fantastic. And talking about hy this one came in from Bruce who said Ted Cassidy, who was Lurch from the Adams family, was very tall, but he didn't have a very big vocabulary. Well he didn't really need it, did he. I mean, he was lurch I didn't. I think. I don't think he ever said anything on the Adams family. Now you think about it. And a couple of other people sending in text, going, I know some short celebrities for you. Roger said Andrew O'Keeffe. Never met him, so I can't do the comparison. But Roger also said Grant DNYA, and I mentioned this before, saw Grant walking down the hallway. Grant, he looks short, and I think that sometimes they put him on with a contestant who's really tall, just to sort of rubby his face in it. But I saw Grant and I thought, yep, this is a you know, I got this one. And I said, makee quick photo. You and I a bit of a tall off, thinking that, you know, I would tower above him, and now I was about the same height. Couldn't believe it. I thought, no, surely I'm taller than him. But no, unfortunately not. Okay, let's get to end of Brady before we do this, though. Let's get just back to something that Donald Trump was saying before when he was on the lawn at the White House. They had the unveiling of the new flag poles on the front lawn of the White House, and he was talking about that. But he also did manage to get around to talking about the situation with Israel and Iran.
Speaker 6: Two very simple words, a very simple unconditional surrender that means I've had it.
Speaker 7: Okay, I've had it. I give up no more.
Speaker 6: Then we go blow up all the you know, all the nuclear stuff that's all over the place there.
Speaker 2: Now, they had bad.
Speaker 13: Intentions, you know, the for forty years they've been saying death to America, death to Israel, death to anybody else that they didn't like. They were bullies, they were schoolyard bullies.
Speaker 6: And now they're not bullies anymore. But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well. Just further to that, the Eye Tooler has warned that Iran is not one to surrender, and apparently a furious speech, he said in a chilling threat, the Iranian state TV warn there is a major surprise tonight. He claimed that the world will remember this for centuries. Didn't elaborate on what's going on there, So we'll keep an eye on that throughout the morning as well. I wonder how that situation is unfolding and also is being received in the UK. Well, there's one guy who would know the UK report. Good morning Ender Brady. How are you Is there much of a story over there in the UK? Are people talking about this whole situation much? They are fair?
Speaker 14: Yet Look it's huge couple of lines on the So the Prime Minister kir Starmer is heading into an emergency meeting right now really in Number ten Downing Streets. So when the British government is dealing with a crisis, or there is an impending international crisis, they go to what they call COBRA level. Sounds very dramatic. Cobra like a big dramatic biting snake, actually stands for Cabinet Office Briefing Room A. So it's quite anodyne.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 14: They go to a briefing room in the Cabinet office and it's briefing room A. So Starmer will be in there with his defense people, security officials, all his intelligence people. They're trying to figure out what's going on. Now Trump, I've just seen him speak on the lawn at the White House on TV. He was asked directly the question will you attack? I ran and he said I may or I may not. That was how he answered it, so he seems to be fifty to fifty either way. I think what Starmer's trying to weigh up that if America does get involved with ISRAE and they go after Iran even more, what kind of support will the UK, if any, offer to the United States. It could be use of British air bases in the region. There is raf facretary on Cyprus, it could be refueling. They may well offer fighter jets. We don't know. But Starmer right now is trying to figure out a response, trying to figure out what's happening and trying to figure out a response.
Speaker 2: Usually from memory. Whenever there was a Cobra meeting, this had to do with internal security and also threats of terrorism. I don't know if this encompasses that.
Speaker 14: So you're right. Normally when the UK government goes into Cobra mode, it is as a result of a terror attack in one of our cities, or British nationals have been attacked abroad. It's generally something very very domestic and UK related. But this would relate to UK troops. So I think what Starmer is doing is just being prudent and trying to work out a plan that if it comes to it, and you know, there's a good relationship, a very good relationship between the UK and the Trump administration, as evidenced by that deal that was signed the other day, a trade deal. But clearly Starmer was at the G seven and had no idea and no heads up about what Trump plans to do. So I think right now he's trying to just get organized.
Speaker 2: Does this come across as as an organized meeting or something that's been hastily put together.
Speaker 14: No, I don't think Starmar does hasty. I mean, he's a lawyer, he's a very meticulous man. He's quite studious. You know a lot of people call him boring. I don't think Starmar does hasty or off the cuff. I think he likes to be organized, and I'm sure he's been thinking this the back of his mind since coming back from Canada and the G seven, that you know, we need to kind of have a plan, and that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 2: So you watch the White House front lawn chat that Donald Trump had, the Molonga call it more a chat than a press conference, because I thought he seemed very nonchalant and incredibly relaxed for a man who's got all of this on his shoulders. What did you what impression did you get from his demeanor?
Speaker 14: Well, it was the usual chaotic, rambling communication. I mean, it started off about a flag pole, and then suddenly he's talking about the guy who sets the interest rates in the Federal Reserve Bank in America. Then the usual jibes against Joe Biden and the previous administration. Then he started saying, how these guys who are putting up the flagpoles, one of them could be a movie star. And then he started talking about Iran and Israel. So it's I call it word salad. You know, It's like he tosses everything up in the air and what lands in the bowl gets served to the people. So it's a very strange way of running an administration. But I do think the United States seems to be leaning towards attacking Iran.
Speaker 2: But he didn't seem to be at all in any sense of hurry. He didn't seem to be in any sense of you know, he never is, no, but he seemed more so. I thought, I thought in this particular case, I was really surprised at how relaxed he seemed.
Speaker 14: Yeah, very very laid back. But ultimately other people will be doing the work. You know, he will sign off on it, and defense chiefs and military people will have to put a plan into action and make it work. But what happens if he attacks Iran? And then not that far away in Katar you have a huge American military base called Al Judd. I've actually been there. It is vast, it's in the desert and guitar. There are thousands of Americans on the ground there. So he needs to be very, very careful because Iran clearly will not be able to strike the United States of America on American soil, but they could destroy the airbase with two missiles.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that's something that nobody wants to think about. Let's move on to huge house explosion in London. This is a terrible story.
Speaker 14: What happened exactly, So emergency services college to a place called Stoke, Newington, Northeast London. Two reports of what, on the face of it looked like a gas explosion at a house in bits and they found the body of a woman in her forties inside. Now she's been named as Annabel Rook. Someone who worked very closely with women who had been the victims of domestic violence and gender based violence. And she was dead. God Helper, she died. On the face of it, it looked like she died in this gas explosion. Then what happened was closer examination of her body they found stab wounds. So the working theory police are looking at is that somebody killed her and then set about creating this gas explosion to make it look as if she had died in a non sinister way. A man in his forties known to her has been arrested. So God Helper, it appears that she herself has become a victim of domestic violence.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible story. On a lineer note, I see here that you've mentioned that you're heading into a heat wave. Heat wave by your conditions compared to Australia might just freezing Cardia. How hot is it so?
Speaker 14: Right now? Twenty seven celsius caused much of the southeast and south of England and London thirty one celsius. It will get up to on Friday in the Capitol and this is going to last they reckon maybe another six or seven days. Now. I know Australians will be rolling their eyes and saying, oh, the bridge their heat waves and they've touched thirty one celsius. They think it's hot. We're never going to get to marble bar levels in western Australia. It's just not going to happen here. But it's interesting. The Meteorological Office, who deal with weather patterns in the UK and forecasts, they've come out today in the newspapers and said we need to start planning for forty celsius summers in the south of England. Really, that's the way it's headed.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about you, funnily enough, talking about the weather. At the end of the day, I read this story about whether or not Vladimir Putin could attack a Britain could attack Britain by blocking out the sun. I don't know if you'd heard anything about this.
Speaker 14: But he did a TV show the other day on this stop at THEO Engineering as Nick call us.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, so it's actually a thing.
Speaker 14: It's a thing. I have to hold my hands up and say, Phil. I read as many articles and newspaper clips as I could about and I still didn't understand this. I had some brilliant scientists on the program and climate change experts, and they explained it. But look, I think we've seen Putin in operation on UK soil and what he does is he sends his operatives. I don't think he's going to block out the sun to spite the UK. I'd be more concerned about what we're seeing, this kind of cyber warfare, hybrid warfare and very suspicious incidents involving UK infrastructure. You'll remember a couple of months ago we spoke about the Tricity substation near Heathrow Airport suddenly catching fire and all the power being lost at the airport and flights being canceled for twenty four hours. That still doesn't add up to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that was a very very unusual thing to happen.
Speaker 2: Well here's the story, well just a bit of it. Anyway, they could use sola engineering this is Russia to use technology to reflect light away from the Earth back into space by dimming some of the clouds. Well right, I mean, like, hey, if you're going to threaten somebody with something that's pretty good, you know, don't make me come over there in Yeah. Yeah, I mean that literally is.
Speaker 14: One level manic evil genius stuff.
Speaker 2: It's it is a new level of the metaphor throwing shade, isn't it. Don't make me come over there and throw some shade. Literally, hey, listen.
Speaker 14: To block out your sunlight.
Speaker 2: Don't make me block out your sun Can I get you to hang on a set because I've got a couple of other things i want to talk to you about. Okay, let's say Inder Brady in the UK. We'll get back to him in just a moment, and we're going to talk about a couple of other things that are going on. Twenty three minutes past one. Doctor Carl Kruziniski coming up in a moment answering the questions that you text since through last week with ask doctor Carl. But we've got Ender Brady on the phone. Thanks for hanging on there. I want to talk to you about a couple of things just to wrap up, one being the football and the situation with Ange Posta Cooglu, who of course was with Spurs managed to get them a bit of silverware, but now he's gone.
Speaker 14: He is and the Tottenham chairman has put a video out today saying or explaining why he made that decision. So a lot of people spars fans and non Spars fans feel that he's been badly treated winning them a major European trophy. They've done nothing for years and began, wins the trophy and gets sacked. Now I think Ange will be out of a job very long. He has admirers all over the world now, after all that publicity and that amazing night in where was it in let me think Northern Spain that night bill Bow when they won the trophy. So Levy, Daniel Levy is the chairman of Tottenham Hotspur. He's come out today in a video and he said, look, we want to win the Premier League. And he said it was very difficult to sack and he said we are friends, there's an emotional connection, but he said we want to win the Premier League and finishing seventeenth last season just was not good enough. So despite winning European trophy, they took the view that Tottenham are a long way away from winning the Premier League. And now they're bringing in this Danish guy from Brentford called Thomas Frank, who they have described as a superhuman and he's going to take a lot of superhuman efforts to get that Tottenham team competitive. Next year, starting August seventeenth, I think in the EPL home to Burnley, so they've just come up from the Championship. Sports should beat them.
Speaker 2: Handily, and as people don't realize that, they don't have an idea about English football. If you're a football manager in the UK, you can be a superstar, more so than a lot of the players, Mourinho being a great example. Alex Ferguson. Of course, with Men United being a gooner, we'd never ever be able to replace Arsen Wenger. If you can get yourself into a position like Pasta Cooglo, you can become somewhat of a national treasure without ever kicking a ball.
Speaker 14: Oh absolutely, household name. And some people will love you, and some people won't like you. They'll never have met you. But I know people who would not be in the same room as Jose Mourinho and they don't like him because of his time at Chelsea. And then you will guess Tottenham fans who will hate Arsene Wenger. But these are successful men. They're loved because they're successful, and then the same reason is why people don't like them. So it's a shame, you know. The one thing that the names you've mentioned there, Alex Ferguson, Marino, Wenger. They're all given time, you know there are well that's it something yeah and big and has not been given the time and he still was building something and more a trophy. So it's a real shame for him, and I think it's a shame for Tottenham.
Speaker 2: Mind you, those names that we both mentioned there came from a different era where they were given a lot more time. And the way the world is at the moment, this is a whole other conversation. Everything's got to be done immediately now. As you said with Mourinho, some people will love you, some people will hate you. Brings me to an email that I got from Ed who Ed who's in Rhana Hills in Brisbane. Who actually said it to Mike Jeffries, but it came through to my box and he said that when I was discussing the chat we had last week about how you went to Peru, he said, I'm a thickhead because I didn't actually talk to you about your visit to mattch You pitch you, So could you just elaborate for Ed, just so I can get out of his bad books. How you experienced was there.
Speaker 14: Oh with pleasure ed. It was an extraordinary experience. So we were picked up at four a. We were in the city of Cusco. A minibus came and got us. It was an organized group. If you're going to Peru, if you're going to match you Peach, you go with an organized group. So you'll have a lot of people flogging tickets and I can get you this, I can get you that. The only issue four and a half thousand permits per day. So the Peruvian government clamping down on over tourism and all these rogue traders. So go with someone you trust. You're going to spend four hundred and fifty US dollars. That's what I spent now for that. We got picked up in a minibus. There was a train to a town called Aguas Calientes, which is the nearest settlement or town beside Matchu Pichu. And then when we got off the train, there was a minibus driver there who took us up to the gates of the park and you go in and you hike from maybe twenty minutes and there in the middle of all these extraordinarily beautiful mountains. It was a scorching hot day. It looked like the gates of heaven were opening up in front of us. Matchew Peachew. You look down on it, you can find my instagram that end of brady e Nda b or ad Y and you can see some of the pictures I took of it, just off my phone, and it was stunning. I mean, I need to go get a book and learn the history of the place. But how they built it there, how they survived for so long. I didn't see any source of water in the area whatsoever, certainly not near Matcha Piachu. It was brilliant. And the one other thing I did fill which was very good value for money, we did an organized tour up Rainbow Mountain. Now go on a search engine type in Rainbow Mountain, Peru and check this out. So a glacier has receded and beneath the snow four or five years ago, these extraordinary colors came screening out of the mountainside. The altitude was the same level as base Camp Everest. It was very difficult. There wasn't much oxygen in the air. But we hiked up there and that was even more beautiful than Matchewpiachu.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go on your Instagram page to have a look at that. You've sold it to me. Mate, lovely to torch you stay cool out there with your heat wave and we'll talk to you next week. Thank you so much. Enda Brady ow UK correspondent there and as I said, get onto his has he said, get onto his Instagram page and have a look at some of the photos he took to when he was in Peru. A couple of texts coming through and then we'll get to doctor Carl. Sharon, how are you said, I've never seen you. You may be short, but you have a brilliant sense of humor that makes you tall in my eyes. Bless you. Sharon Kerry says, it's good to be Aussie a while it is at the moment here under the well. You would like to think we're here under the wire, but who knows. And another one from Brad Philly were talking about Brad at Saint Mary's. You were talking about heights. A lot of NROL players are very tall. Ex Roosters player now with the Knights, Dominic Young six', Five Latrell mitchell six y, Three Benda kura from The broncos six foot, nine six.' nine that's, pretty tall. Isn't it and a few other people getting their texts to me, as Well Including, stive even, Who, said phil, You Know jim wilson is. Quite tall thank you so much for. Texting through one three one eight seven three is the. Phone number if you want to give me, a ring text number zero four six zero eight seven three eight, seven three and keep that text number in mind because you may have a question for next week's segment With Doctor, cayle kruzenski who's on. The phone we'll do the questions that you sent through from last. Week next got a couple of really, good ones including one that we only had a couple of. DAYS ago i remember to Ask doctor carl about this that's coming up next twenty seven minutes. To two we were talking about short people and, tall people and, You know i've got a friend who's, really tall wish is he. Was shorter, he says whenever he, goes out he feels like he gets in, the way especially at concerts and cinemas and things. Like that and, they, said well it must be better to be tall than to. Be short and we've had quite a few emails. About that and also this one that just came In from John says phil ever heard that Song? Short people, if not, google, IT no i. Know It randy newman released a song Called, short people and it was very weird because it was canceled before the, cancel culture but then became. Okay AGAIN it's, i mean it depends on how you hear. The song if you heard it when it was, first released it, was OKAY and i think we're talking you're, seventy five maybe. Seventy seven and then it got to a period where, people went hang on, a second this is really insulting to. Short people and the song, got canceled and then it got back into. Favor again and THE reason i got back into favor was that short people, were, going now hang on, a second this is you don't need to. Do this, you know this song is essentially taking the sting out, of it similar TO when i spoke To One nick ganopolis and, he said and, he, said look the thing about the wog boy was by making wog part of, the language part of, the vernacular you couldn't call a kid that at, school anymore and it be an insulting term because it had lost. Its sting and they said that was the thing too with the random human song that, you know it took the sting out. Of it, BUT anyway i said further to that one these email and This. Is john women prefer men who are taller, than them but not necessarily all. The, time well my wife's happy as LONG as i eat the potato that she makes for me. For dinner twenty five minutes. To two i've got lots of questions for you From. Doctor carl and this is For Doctor carl kruzenetski's regular segment we have this Time every thursday morning called Ask doctor carl if you have. A question and there are So Many samon manty good ones came through last Week and i'm going to ask. Them now but if you have a question For doctor carl for, next week zero four six zero eight seven three eight, seven three how?
Speaker 15: Are?
Speaker 7: You oh pretty, Damn Good, doctor phil.
Speaker 2: THANK you i have a couple of questions that. Came in one came In from chris and we were talking about if anybody knows much about alien, hands SYNDROME because i talked about it on the air and, Everybody said you've made that UP and, I said, i Haven't but i'll go to a higher authority and here. You are it, does exist. Doesn't.
Speaker 11: It, yeah yeah it's a well known problem that can happen. To people it's not, that common but it, does happen and it's sort of a neurological, type thing and so it's a rare. Neurological disorder it does happen where somebody experiences that their hand is moving, by itself as though it's acting on its own or it's foreign or alien.
Speaker 7: To them now that's not the only part.
Speaker 11: Of it also in this syndrome you've got involuntary movements of other parts of the body and also.
Speaker 7: Is a mental thing where, you're thinking my left.
Speaker 11: Arm belongs, to me but that RIGHT arm i don't know where they, came from and you feel a weird feeling. Of disconnection it goes way back to the nineteen sixties is term alien, hand syndrome and there were patients who after they'd had brain surgery or strokes or some other sort of, neurological events they seem to have uncontrollable movements and that.
Speaker 7: Was it the hand was moving uncontrollably and. By itself and there's.
Speaker 11: Different types so depending on whether you got damage to the front part of the brain or to the corpus, s glosum the bundle of nerves joining the two part or the back part of. The brain you can have different sort, of symptoms ranging from trying to grasp or grope with, that hand or if it's in the, corpus gulosum which joins the two halves, of brain one hand might try to pick.
Speaker 7: Up a pen while the other hand will try to put. It down or one.
Speaker 11: Hand might try to unbutton a shirt while the other hand is trying to do it and you've got. No control and if you got the damage to the back part of, your brain you have these weird Feelings of i've seen a hand like, that before but that one, isn't MINE and i don't know why it's, doing It and i've got no control. Over it and of course you can also have it as a result of a tumor.
Speaker 7: Or a head injury, as well.
Speaker 11: And sometimes the people are not really aware of it. At all so, weird syndrome but. It's Real, the unfortunately all we got for it. Is support there's, no cure so we're trying to do is manage the symptoms and try to improve their quality. Of life so you might do behavioral stuff like if your hand's trying to, do something sort of shove it in, your pocket or try to, do exercise so you've got to find control of. Your hands or occasionally medications can help to reduce the. Moves that the results are variable in all drugs, of poisons and they might work for you and they. Might not and sometimes surprisingly, psychological counseling which.
Speaker 7: You'd expect to have nothing to do, with it can.
Speaker 11: Actually help so it's definitely a, brain thing and sometimes you can have some control over it or sometimes, not surgery very.
Speaker 2: VERY rarely i like how they've given up the nickname Of Doctor strangelove syndrome Two After peter seller's character In The stanley Kubrick film.
Speaker 11: He did have a hand that wouldn't. Obey him, great movie especially with the. Nice ennyway it's spoil, for anybody but everybody going to watch The Movie Doctor.
Speaker 7: Strange love.
Speaker 2: Fantastic Movie no fighting in The. War room one of my favorite lines from a film of, all time let's talk, about this came In. From gary if you're an atheist and you swear on a bible, in court can?
Speaker 11: You lie that depends on the word can and can is very different.
Speaker 7: From may so can means.
Speaker 11: You have the physical ability to, do it but may means are you allowed. To so, in general swearing On a bible in court is just a formality related to the religion of, the country and it's sort of a ceremonial like to get you in the mood for being honest us of what.
Speaker 7: You think and in.
Speaker 11: Many cases in, various countries if you do not believe in, a deity you can go for a non. Religious affirmation but the whole point is that you're just emphasizing the importance. Of honesty and, either way whether it's On a bible or, an affirmation you are legally required to tell.
Speaker 2: The truth you could even have your hand on a Copy Of Jack kerouac's On, the road, for example and it.
Speaker 11: Wouldn't, matter yeah because the court doesn't like being lied to that it doesn't like being held, in contempt and lying under us is. Called perjury and it doesn't matter whether you're religious. Or not the active swearing On, the bible it is not legally. Compelling honesty it's just merely giving you a hint that your society expects you to, be truthful and so it's not so much that the, divine authority but rather the land and that you live in has got, specific laws and part of it is that in this, particular case you have to tell the truth about, what happened and if you do not tell, the truth you're, committing perjury and perjury itself is a crime and can bring with it a fine or a.
Speaker 4: Jail.
Speaker 2: SENTENCE right i Feel that gary's incentive to ask this question as he's just trying to get out of the. Speeding fine, so, okay well let's move on. To this my wife is a regular lover of infrared saunas and she's got me, into IT and i think. They're Fantastic and i'll tell, YOU what i certainly sweat MORE than i would with a. Regular sauna but do? They work are they actually?
Speaker 11: Doing anything they're doing something in the sense that a regular sauna does good. Stuff Anyway so i've had saunas for thousands, of years.
Speaker 7: And overall they do lead to a slightly or.
Speaker 11: They're associated they're associated with a slightly better outcome in cardiovascular health and overall mental, wealth being but that doesn't mean that they. Cause it so could well be that if you're the sort of person who goes for. A, sauna well also at the, same time you're the sort of person who, has friends and just having friends makes your. Life better, right now there are, a few so this whole idea of that there's a magical thing about the. Infrared, saunas no but will they make you? Feel, better sure regular sauna will make you. Feel better and in fact they use a regular sauna In the antarctic for people to join the Three, hundred club where they expose themselves to a temperature change of three hundred fahrenheit degrees in a very short period of time the Three.
Speaker 2: Hundred club questions ABOUT that i might be even on a completely, different tangent get you to hang on. A Second D Doctor carl krisiniski on the phone talking with our Regular Segment doctor carl and answering your questions and if you have one for next Week for Doc, to kyle please text through zero four six zero eight seven three eight. Seven, three roger this is very. Good mate why is it that when you see the rims of a tire while the car's, in motion it looks like it's going backwards instead?
Speaker 11: Of?
Speaker 2: Forwards made that is a very very. Fine question we'll. Get that that's, a promise we'll get that on. Next week and this one note came In. From david i'm pretty Sure That peter garrett is suffering from alien hand syndrome when. He's dancing maybe it's a question for. Next week what is It That peter garrett's doing with? His dancing and why do? Some people what? A question why how do some people come up with their style? Of dancing, Damn it we've already got a couple, Of questions but hang On because i've got to get back to part two of our chat With doctor carl, after this and we've got to find out more information about the Three hundred club sixteen, to two coming up to thirteen minutes. To two the questions are coming in thick and fast for. Next week Ask. Doctor carl there's some really really. Good ones zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three if you'd like to send through. Your, Question Okay, doctor carl thank you for. Hanging on let's get back to something you were talking about a, moment ago because we were talking about infrared saunas and you mentioned the Three. Hundred club so what's that all?
Speaker 11: About, then yeah so they normally do it around the middle, of winter and the sauna gets cranked up to a temperature of ninety, degrees centigrade which is. Pretty hot over ninety so it's over two. Hundred fahrenheit and they do this only on a day when the air temperature is below one hundred, Fahrenheit negative so in the sauna plus two hundred outside minus one hundred temperature difference more than three, hundred, Crazy, Right okay so then what they do is you own to the sauna naked and they're apart, from shoes and then you sweat away and your skin's being exposed to two hundred plus. Fahrenhede breeze and then after sweating for a, bit naked you go out into. The dark now this Is The, south pole and it's been dark for a couple, of months and there's, no wind and there's all these people there with lights because a loords you couldn't see where. You're going and then you just gradually try and you've got to have the, sand shoes, you know we're clothes because the ice would freeze from the sweat and the ice could.
Speaker 7: Cut you so then you.
Speaker 11: Gradually trot your way slowly Around The, south pole The Physical, south pole and then. Back inside and then you remember the three. Hundred Club and i've been Down to antarctica, seven times.
Speaker 7: But never did A.
Speaker 11: South pole and one of my friends was telling me about in the corridor In the School of physics how he'd done. It recently and he was Down The south pole collecting air samples and running at a special in for a telescope they have. Down there and then another physicist was passing by and, She said i've done the three hundred club, As well and then the first, person, said YEAH but i got a.
Speaker 7: Bit cocky and so the FIRST time i, did it, YOU know i just.
Speaker 11: Felt fine so the second time the, NEXT year i went a, bit FASTER and i was, breathing DEEPER and i got a bit of frostbite in my airways as well as a bit frostbite of the tip of. The foreskin and the, woman said oh, my god that happened to me. AS well i got a little, bit cocky and so the NEXT year i got a little bit of frostbite of.
Speaker 2: THE nipple a feeling you might, go there but not because of the fact that that story obviously is very, important part an integral part, Of this but when you mentioned the three, hundred club my mind immediately went to the Mile. High club and then when you mentioned people in, A sauna, i thought people are going to get unsavory here.
Speaker 7: If it gets.
Speaker 11: Too hot but you have bad, Things happening so one advantage Of the so in a, regular sauna what do you have is either hot rocks or some sort of, heat supply.
Speaker 7: And that heats the air and then the air.
Speaker 11: Kisses against your skin and then the heat is transferred from the air into. Your skin but in an infra, red sauna. Quite, different right what you've got is infrared LEDs, or lights and they give, out heat and that radiant heat can actually penetrate a little bit further into. Your skin it doesn't penetrate to your. Internal organs they're lying, about. That right the way you normally do it in a regular sauna is the sortas just running and go. In there but my understanding was that most of these infrared saunas that you go through a cycle where you get in there and the temperature is, fairly low say forty, degrees c and then they crank it on and gradually climbs up to about sixty or something and then you, get out and then the next person goes through the.
Speaker 7: Same cycle is that how you do?
Speaker 11: It yours or is it just always running at a? Fixed, temperature no it goes up. And down oh so people come in. And, out no it goes up. And down in the little private booth that. You have the temperature is variable depending on whether or not. The light so the light doesn't stay on all. The time it comes on. And OFF and i mean.
Speaker 2: The temperature it's still pretty warm, in there but it doesn't seem to be That very it seems to be not.
Speaker 11: That consistent so each person gets their, own booths the one that, you.
Speaker 2: Go yes, that's right and how much how long does?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 7: Last for.
Speaker 2: About about around about it's. Not cheap it would be over sixty bucks and you get a free bottle of water. With it but you don't want to ask you. This too is it true that when, you sweat you sweat? Out toxins and therefore if you've got, a hangover you can go to a red light sauna and sweat out. The alcohol. They're, lying damn there Goes white. Saturday morning the thing is hearing.
Speaker 11: To toxins you've got this organ called, the liver and there's a really good job. Of it and if you take your poison, like alcohol well you've got to wait for it to go through and be cleared out by.
Speaker 2: Your liver can you sweat out colds and flu not.
Speaker 16: Really you so the thing that there is you have a bit of a fever when you get an infection is that the bacterium usually has chemicals in the walls that your immune systems willing to, recognize.
Speaker 11: It and it uses the prisons of those chemicals to then tell the hypothalmis in your brain to crank the temperature up, a bit because that both makes it a little bit less comfortable for the bacterium to live in your body and also it improves the efficiency of your immune system to, fight it so of causing the.
Speaker 7: Immune systemselves but.
Speaker 11: Sweating out a flu in, A sauna.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't go. TO that i just take it for the sheer enjoyment that it.
Speaker 11: Is, good so and they do operate at the, lower temperatures and they do heat, up faster and if you sends it is a bit more comfortable and you do get a bit of. More penetration so if youve got a little bit of soreness under the skin that might.
Speaker 7: Have you, i'll help but then other people don't.
Speaker 11: Like it either one, is good but it does seem like sixty bucks is a fair bit to charge for an.
Speaker 2: INDIVIDUAL session i think you keep the nail on the head when you said when things, get hot it's, no fun because my one's been using that since we. Got MARRIED can i say this a fascinating journey through an immensely changing life of this. Colorful man what, a, life bold, daring job hopping from rags to riches and. Back again left me with about a Million questions i'd love, to Ask but i'll never get, the Chance, says jane giving a review of. Your book and here's, another one and this Is. From gaga Maybe The lady gaga have been looking for a present for someone who is difficult to, buy for and this book. Is perfect it is the book for, All Occasions Doctor, CARL cruzinisky a, periodic tale available in all. Good, bookshops, now oh.
Speaker 7: Shut you the, Kindest person thank you, So much.
Speaker 2: Thank You Doctor, carl cruziniski who will be back. Next, Week wow i've got some incredible questions that you've been. Texting through i'll get to these in just, a moment and some of them are, just brilliant nothing short. Of brilliant that's the ONLY word i can. Think OF so i get to your questions for next Week's dr carl after this six minutes, to two coming up to two minutes to two four. Next week have a listen to some of these brilliant questions that have. Come through roger SAID that i mentioned. This before why is it when you see the rooms on the tire when the car is, in motion it looks like it's going backwards instead. Of forwards listen to this One. From sue what's the funniest word In the? English language this came In? From andrew why is it or how is it that some people come up with their own style? Of dancing this One from chris do any animals? Suffer embarrassment? That's brilliant, claire said how do you choose? Your signature this one that came In? From simon why is it that you can stand why is it that you can stand the smell of your own farts but you can't stand the smell of? Anybody? Else's fine? Fine questions what about this One from kim who came up with the idea of. ARM wrestling i would like today you came up with the idea about the idea of. Arm wrestling. That's genius and this one Too from peter, who's says why is it that sometimes you fall when you're walking up the stairs or even walking down. The stairs maybe there's something more to it than just. Paying attention all, brilliant questions, But well i've still got room. For more if you, have any please text them through For doctor carl. Next WEEK and i think even the crazier the better is definitely the prerequisite for this zero four six to zero eight seven three eight. Seven three want to give me? A ring I saw tracy rang. Through before we'll talk to her after the news one three one eight. Seven three, coming up we're going to speak To Leasth van Onslin the Treasury Of, common sense and as, you Know it's. Thursday morning we'll go into the live lounge with an acoustic performance of. A song and this morning we go international with somebody who's a household name worldwide and a song that's one of the biggest songs of. All time so. What's that we'll get to that and. Find Out terry barnes with the week in politics, as well and apart from the, situation overseas we'll also be talking About The New South wales liberals and is there any way at all that they.
Speaker 4: Can and have.
Speaker 2: A Reset Maybe nick griner could help them out some of the things we're talking about, this morning and also. Your cause let's get to the news NOW.
Speaker 1: On TWOGB four bz and. Network stations this Is Our australia overnight with. Fill O'Neil this is.
Speaker 2: A jolly, little intro. Isn't it it's quite quiet this MORNING and i was just Talking to chris in the other studio On the Wheels. Of steel we figure it might be Because the State of origin was on last NIGHT and i think people have just about, worn out AND also i think people have gone to bed early because, it's bloody. Freezing cold twelve Degrees in brisbane feels like nine seven Degrees in sydney feels, like five and it is four point five degrees In. WILLOW tree i don't know where that is who sent me. This text you didn't have your name. On, it anyway it feels like zero point one degree In. Willow tree and you also gave me a question For doctor carl on the, text too this is. Very good why do we yawn when we? Get itchy? Like that like that? A lot And also, wayne says why is passing wind called? A fart, well again brilliant questions For. Doctor carl appreciate you sending. Those three i'm going to catch Up with Leith van onslan in this hour and in the. Live lounge, famous man, very famous very famous song, international artist great series of, you know. Life stories who? Is it we'll find out in. A, Moment, hello tracy how are?
Speaker 10: You well? Thanked? YOU phil i had to PHONE because i saw much of my horror happened to have ab scene news On which i'm not terribly. Fond of but they Were singing albo and next To Him, kevin rudd and they were on About how albo Was, hunting TRUMP and i thought, to myself, my god You. Fool Albo Send kevin Rudd, to tasmania leave him there on heard of until the End of. Trump's Term kevin rudd put numerous Insults about Trump on twitter back in. The day and don't Tell me trump's. Forgotten it i'm sure he, has.
Speaker 2: No, no no he doesn't. Forget that you're. Absolutely right we talked about, This. Too tracy, we said you know that's half. The Problem Get joe hockey. In there, you know there's got to be other.
Speaker 10: PEOPLE exactly I Mean, joe hockey he would have. Been ideally it's a. DAMN shame i used to do Broadcasting for joe when back when he was. In office he's a great guy and got a great sense. Of HIMA it's i was really sad to see. Him go.
Speaker 2: And, you know you're Right about, trump remembering because, He's remembered he's probably got a list of the people he doesn't like more than the list of the people he. Does like but he Has Mentioned kevin right in, the past so he Knows Who kevin. Right IS but I just i don't Know what albow's got. To do we were talking about this couple of. Nights ago you know what advice you Would give elbow as to whether or not, you know he has to Chase Down.
Speaker 10: FUNNY phil i received a little clip to, my phone which isn't working properly at, the moment and it said Advice to Albo give trump everything. He WANTS and, I, thought paul that is, good advice because desperately we need some Armaments And peter dubton was the only one that even mentioned getting some jet by the planes because remember When those chinese warships Were. Around australia don't tell me feel that there Wasn't a chinese submarine going around Their, circumnavigating australia, that's.
Speaker 2: Right and doing, that again, you Know more chinese ships In, the pacific and you know it's like we were just turning a blind eye. To that, you Know while i've got you, here too and you know we're talking about defense in a Moment With. Terry barnes But also i'm going to Talk To terry barnes About The New South wales libs because They're Recruiting nick griner to try and Get The New. South wales it's a. Great guard well THAT'S what, i think because, you know what do you Think The New South wales libs can do to try and get things.
Speaker 10: Together, DESPERATELY look i hate to be the one who, says THIS but i think we've got to get Rid Of. Susan lee this is a Big. Miss steak i'm a member Of The liberal Party and i've never come out and insulted Them mon, air EVER but i think this is a. BIG mistake i really. Do feel but.
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 10: It's time with all the wars? CARRYING on i don't think she's the one to be at the top Of The.
Speaker 2: Liberal party do, you, think though by replacing her this early in, her run that it Just gives labor? More ammunition though, to, say, well look they're all over, the shop they can't keep anybody in there for, you know more than. Ten minutes doesn't that play? To them it.
Speaker 10: DOES that i think. We've forgot we have to forget About what labor will say for the sake of. The party the party is in a. DREADFUL mess i have to. Admit THAT but I think christone came back from realtime and he's, a great. Efficient guy he's been doing a. Good JOB but, I personally i think that she has. To go there are too many wars taking place at. The MOMENT and i saw she give a speech saying he would not path for sovereign borders of, any COUNTRY and i immediately my suspicion was. Immediately, RAISED.
Speaker 2: Well i think that you know something's going to happen in Terms Of, susan lee and we all thought that that might be The, Poison, chalice tracy we love hearing. From you and also a few people have got on the text as well to say how good it is To hear Tracy from oatly. The goddess so all your fans.
Speaker 10: Are, happy god then hollow. YOU everybody i will be on more Frequently now i've recovered from many of. My, alments well.
Speaker 2: It's good it's good to have you back because we've, Missed.
Speaker 10: YOU tracy i miss being. On TOO and i must say a quick Hello to. Michael mcclara. Italian neighbors they used to listen to Me when michael. Was on i'm sure they're. Still.
Speaker 2: Listening phil everybody Loves. Your tracy call whenever. You want you have. Absolute permission, thank, you lovely have a, good day, take care. Bye bye and speaking, of people haven't heard from you for a couple, OF days i was going, to say speaking of people that, you know we like to hear from, A, lot chris are?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 2: Okay mate everything?
Speaker 10: All?
Speaker 15: Right, Yeah look. I'M fine i ONLY wish i HAD some i was empowered in a way right to aggress what needs to. BE aggressed I think i lock up elbow. And gomentally he's turning out to be an embarrassment to me the left side of him and.
Speaker 2: Of, Him, listen, chris, move move move your chin away from the phone a little bit too that because you're a. Bit, muffled look that's really.
Speaker 15: Pretty Day and i'll tell You WHAT phil i got the impression were k for some tax Hike For jim chalmers to admiring the Talents Of katie gallagher And and. CLAIRE O'Neil, I mean i just don't see any talent in anybody Within The. Labor party but look in Regards to elbow and what your previous call has said About sending Rudd to tasmania Or The south pology a better place for. A while, but look, TO me i think that they're a terrible Combination Our Australian, labor PARTY and i really don't think they're up to the job of running. The country we're going to go To where, victoria's gone where we're going to, be bankrupt and the government's going to be talent us about everything they tell us is how good they, they're doing how good we, are doing or they always use complimenting words in anything. They say they're coming out in their statements Now the the other THING that i wanted to talk about too Is with trump leading the heads of government Meeting. IN canada i picked up something today which was a, bit concern and that was there's some general of seeing in general Over in iran Saying that israel uses nuclear worker a nuclear Weapons, against Iran then pakistan will coming. To help and it sort of made me and there was a bit more to. That comment it, Get onto it, got onto.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 15: It's the islam nations sort of, sticking together and that's a bit of a concern to me that that general would say something, like that but it wasn't reacted To. By pakistan so, To me i'm seeing what the What the israelis are doing is what and this is What the, germans SAID and i agree. With it they're doing What the west was afraid to do for a long. Time now They've allowed iran to empower its proxies and all they've done is broad Havoc on israel and on some of the other, countries there but Mostly. On israel and that sort of thing needed, to stop and with it either its. NUCLEAR weapons i heard some feel and full DEBATE a bbc presenter on the need on, his opinion which was To let iran. CONTINUE negotiating, I mean i. DON'T know i can Understand the the's really been a bit concerned about negotiating because while they got negotiations were, Going on iran's. Building up it's to positively and concentrate of of nuclear, nuclear matter AND all i had to do then is to figure out how to get onto, a weapon and they could inflict a of a lot of damage On. On Israel but i'm just wondering WHETHER what i picked Up about trump going back might have been connected with that comment From the Range in general general and his comments ABOUT israel us nuclear Weapon. Against Iran then, pakistan, will well we'll use its nucutive Weapons. Against Israel and i'm not really seeing What role pakistan has in all. The list but, you, know friends, you know when you've got friends, like that you call. THEM in i guess, All, right.
Speaker 2: Chris good to talk to. My friend thank you, So. Much chris of course we haven't heard from for a couple. Of days nice to have him back on. The radio one three one eight seven three phone number zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three is the text and the emails are overnights AT two gb. Dot com and on the subject of, The emails david just sent me an update on Where willow. Tree is it's a town of three hundred On The New england Highway between Tamworth, and scone which is about four and a half hours Northwest. Of Sydney now i've Always, said scone but some People say. Scone too NOW actually I think scone is the right pronunciation. Of that got that. Appreciate that thank you so much for, That text. Mick says on the text if, smoking kills why did my great grandfather smoke every day and live to? Ninety six was he just built different or was he made? Of asbestos? Thank you, mick says six point three Degrees At golban airport.
Speaker 15: This?
Speaker 2: Morning nice but what does it, Feel? Like norell how are you nice To have tracy on the? Air again another, question here this Is. From susanna how are you For Doctor? Carl kruziniski and the question is about positional vertigo and you've given me the name, for it which is otherwise known AS. Bp p the what do you know about the crystal calcium Carbonate particles i've heard about that you, Know what Susan or i've heard, about That and i've heard that that does work when it comes to vertical. As well you've had some treatment, about this, you said but the verdico still returns and a night only sleep on, one side the. Right side i'll tell. You what and, you say it's not, life threatening but the dizziness is extreme and only lasts for. THIRTY seconds i know somebody that suffered, From, verdigo susanne and also said what you're saying about the the calcium, crystal particles and, You know i'll follow that up and, Tomorrow, Night susanna i'll have an answer for that for. You too i'll find OUT what. I can here's a text without. A name airbus albow one million dollars polluting? The earth are you a watermelon or? WHAT made i don't really know what, that means, but Okay um tracy talks and makes a lot. Of sense you hosting twogb is a worry a. Bit shifty i'm a. Bit, shifty well don't lend me your, wallet Then, Unlike, Jones, Lawsy carlton Stanley, and. Zomanic, etc, well hey thanks for putting me in the same category as those people appreciate your text twenty what is twenty two minutes? Past two let's Get to Leith van onslin in just a moment and get some common sense from. The treasury, No. Problem susannah thank you for. The Text now i'll definitely follow that up and have an answer for you or some idea of what's going on with the vertical and the crystals calcium. Carbonate particles AND again i only know this BECAUSE somebody i know has vertigo and brought up the whole crystal calcium thing and it was more. THAN crystals i remember her talking about THAT and, I, thought oh that's. Really interesting and then when you mentioned this on, THE text, i, THOUGHT oh i might be able to help you out. With that SO hopefully i can do that. Tomorrow, night mick by, the, way said just an update and how it feels Temperature. Wising golban it's like six. Point three it's actually minus six point Three in golban feels more like minus ten. Point, three gee, that's cold. Isn't it have you found that you're getting more hungry? During Winter because chris and the studio next door On the Wheels of steel said he's got, some biscuits so they brought them in and, you know Immediately both DALE and i just jumped straight In and dale was saying he's feeling a lot hungrier, during winter and my wife was. Saying that, She said i've been a lot hungrier, during Winter and i've been waking up a lot hungrier. Myself too must be due to the. Cold weather i'm, not sure but that's. ANOTHER question i think that we can ask To Doctor carl kruzeneski that why is it when we get to winter we're hungrier than? In summer is it because we have to put on some extra. Lay layering that's my, excuse anyway for the extra speed Tie that i'm. Currently wearing, all right twenty six minutes. Part too let's get To Leath van nonsalin and get some common sense from the treasury now.
Speaker 1: ON overnight i believe in reason and. Common Sense brief Van once land From mac road business with a treasury of. Common sense.
Speaker 2: How, are?
Speaker 17: You?
Speaker 4: Buddy?
Speaker 18: Yeah Good thanks. Bill yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm okay australia commits economic suicide. By gas tell us? About this yeah?
Speaker 18: This, now, Look look i've been begging on about the whole gas issue on RADIO two gv AND four bc for a couple. Of years really, and really excuse to shoot yourself in. The foot and we've seen some absolute disaster some some more disastrous gas events. This week so just, to Recap The rod gillard labor government back in the early tens made the reckless decision to approve liquefied natural gas exports Out, Of gladston queensland without requiring that gas first be Supplied. To australians they basically, open up allowed the building and then the opening up of these massive Export, Terminals gladston queensland which basically freeze, our gas put them on ships and then sell Off, to asia Mostly. The china and gas exports aren't uncommon around. The world there's other places that. Do It western australia, does it, for Example The united states. Does it a whole bunch of places to do it around. The world but every other jurisdiction except For The east Coast of australia which has a gas that, exports gas has a reservation policy wherever they're required to supply the domestic market first before they. Can export but for some, crazy reason we decided not to do that In The east coast and this polsy era, has MADE as, I Said East coast australia the only gas export in jurisdiction in the world not to have a domestic. Reservation policy and what that's meant is that we pay the highest gas prices in the world out of every gas, exporting jurism which is. Crazy stuff so despite doubling so these gas export terminals came online in twenty Fifteen, In, gladston queensland and since, that happened we've actually doubled the production gas On The east Coast, of australia yet we're actually supplying twenty five percent less gas to the. Domestic market so what we're what they're effectively done is they've ramped, up production but they've hoovered the gas offshore and they're selling most of That. To china and we On The east coast we export nearly three quarters of, our gas but we starve the domestic market of gas and as, a Result The east coast price is roughly tripled since these exports. Came online so back in, twenty fifteen we're paying around four dollars a giga duel for a gas in. These coast now we're paying twelve dollars plus it depends on. The data, you know average sort of around twelve, dollars now so it's. Basically tripled but you know it does go up. And down so a couple days ago was at sixteen dollars. For example and this surge in gas prices On the east case is actually driven up your electricity bills. As well so if you're listening to This in Sydney, and brisbane your, electricity prices as you, all know have gone up. As well and part of the reason for that's not the, only reason but part of the reason is this surge in, Gas prices so it's a. Double amy it's driven up, gas price which is. HARMED manufacturing i Live in victoria where we heat our homes of gas that's pushed up those prices has made costably being a lot more, expensive Then so i've driven up all of our electricity prices because gas is one of the price centers in the wholesale. Electricity market so during the, election Campaign the coalition promised to implement these coast gas reservation policy was actually, excellent policy and what they wanted to do is they want to basically Force The east coast gas producers to divert their. Uncontracted gas so at the moment that they've got these tracts that start to expire in twenty thirty all the way through to twenty thirty five To supply, china mostly but there's also, uncontracted gas which is basically they sell in what's called the, spot market which is the uncontracted. Gas market just the price fluctuates, every day And the coalition wanted to force them instead of selling that uncontracted, gas overseas which they're doing to supply the domestic market to bring, down prices and the promised to lie of these coast gas price to blow ten dollars in giggul from, you KNOW as, i said twelve dollars can be more than that depending on. The day and the counterfacial to doing this fill is before we don't have A, reservation polse we don't fix. This problem we're actually despite the fact That The east coast exports nearly three QUARTERS of, us gas we're actually scheduled to start importing gas to open up import Terminals import Kembla In New south wales and then Also in victoria later and Then Possibly. South australia it was going to be late, this year but the timetable keeps getting, pushed out but it could be next year or the, year after and when we start, importing gas the price is actually going to rock it even higher because at the moment we're basically paying the, international price but the export. Parity price what. That is it's the, international price but before you've, you've liquified and before you've, shipped it so that you know the liquefaction process and shipping adds like another three dollars a gigadewelt more than, that often but will effectively be paying the current price of plus signific could margin above that and it could go up to. Twenty dollars we, don't know so we really want to. Avoid that, But Unfortunately labour's resource minister during, The Election, medaline king dismissed coalition's, gas policy called it the. Fort bubble just, Last Week Prime Minister anthony ALBANY'S actually i think his week before claimed that the coalition's gas reservation policy was quote plucked out of. A, COCO yes I think i mentioned that a.
Speaker 2: Few, WEEKS yeah i thought it was. Quite, clever, actually yeah we got.
Speaker 18: Clever comment but a stupid comment.
Speaker 8: As.
Speaker 18: Well yeah so what these comments suggest Is that labour's election victory has basically stubbled the prospect, of reservation or that that's how. It seems and the upshot is that while we nearly while we export nearly three Quarters Of east, coast gass which most of that Goes, to china we don't have. A Reservation East coast australia is facing the prospect of having THE import L. And g we're facing shortages for facing sky, high prices and those sky high prices will see the electricity price higher and that's going to push. Up inflation send more manufacturing broke, because gas industrial heat from gas and just electricity more generally it can put to the manufacturing process and if you drive the cost, of that we become. Less competitive we're going to send all this. Stuff offshore now that this is a long winded introduction to what has happened, this week which just adds even more fuel to the. Idiocy fire so this week We saw australia gas is idiocy basically mushroom and. Become worse So patrolling australia is Like a an industry newsletter reported that the country's largest liquified natural gas export on. These coasts They're Called australia pacific L, and g which is partly Owned By. Origin energy they've agreed to substantial price reduction on their contracted Gas, with china which and the Contract With China's, china cinepec Which Is chinese communists be owned. Energy firm so currently this Age OF pacific Lerg supplies China With east coast. Liquified gas they provide that seven point six million tons, a year which, is huge.
Speaker 4: It's a.
Speaker 18: Massive amount and what they've actually agreed to is to cut the Price for. Chinese buyers and the reason why they want to cut the price is because the international gas price has fallen a bit and under the contract term have to renegotiate it every couple of years when the. Price falls so what this is base is going, to do it's going to lower the Cost for chinese buyers of our gas at the same Time as australians are paying higher and higher prices for. Our gas now the industry estimate is that this new contract price is going to be as well as thirteen. Dollars. Gigitule now when this price cut was announced a couple of, Days Ago Australia's east coast, spot price so that's the current trading price was traded sixteen dollars and local, contract prices so this is a lotness of stuff under contract not fail on the, you know on the fluctuating instant market is tracking around fourteen. Dollars gigdule so what this means Is That Australian east coast gas is going to be Cheaper in china than it Is, in.
Speaker 7: Australia which is.
Speaker 18: Just nuts and that's despite the fact that it costs, you know three dollars or so to liquefy the gas and then the. Ship it so, you know this is clown show stuff fell and just to make, It worse Japan, And China so japan Most Against west, coast Gas but China Gets east. Coast gas Japan and china are both receiving more gas than they Need from australia and actually re exporting. A profit so again they have these sort of lower prices and then they're reselling it in international markets for a profit and making money. Off it so the obvious question here is why the Hell are australians being starved of their own gas and forced to pay more than you Know some asian nations who we sell our. Gas to and if, you see got even worse phil because just just after this was reported earlier this week and sort Of From abu dhabi In The middle east has launched an eight eight point seven billion dollar takeover bid for gas giant austraining Gas giants santos and they run TO export L and g trains OUT, of gladsns so they're also sucking Up Our east coast gas and selling it Up. Short asia so now it's Now The middle east one in and they want to buy that, export train So potentially straight could lose critical now energy assets To A middle east and conglomic and, you know you have to ask the question why are as trains the last in line for their? Own gas why are we being starved of our own gas which is forcing up cost. Of living, YOU know i Live, in MELBOURNE as, i said and we use gas, for heating so, we're paying, you know through the nose to just eat to heat. Our homes i've got a gas stove or gas. Water water manufacturing manufacturers are paying through the nose for, their gas which is seen in the whole bunch of. Manufacturers broke we have the smallest manufacturing share in the. Advanced world we've just seen our last major plastics manufacturer shutdown, last year our last architectural glassmaker. Shut down. This year we've seen a whole bunch of manufacturers threatened the clothes. Or downsize where we've lost. Fertilizer makers the reason why the companies have left is because of expensive, energy costs. Primarily gas so what are we? Doing here and these super high gas prices are also forcing up our, electricity prices which again feeds into everything in. The Economy if australia doesn't have, cheap energy we don't have a. Modern economy it's as simple, as that and it is the bedrock for. Modern economy and yet we've got this clown. Show happening we're the only place in the world on these coast that doesn't reserve our gas st, keys first and we've got these these foreign an gas Companies and i'm Saying even santos it's, you know trade On the australian, sockey change but it's it's it's primarily, foreign owned but the people are in the shares. Are offshore so so we have all these foreign own gas companies which are basically pillaging this coast for, its gas starving these coast consumers, of gas forcing up, our prices causing a manufacturing sector to move offshore and, go broke which costs, us jobs makes us less, diversified economy pushed up the whole cost base throughout. The economy and and, you know this is all happened at the same time As the albanie government wants to build one point two million homes over five years as the. Housing, target well guess What feel one of the main inputs building homes, is, Bricks right but brickworks requires which which is one of the major Makers of. Australian bricks they, require gas, you know to make. The bricks and if you, make expensive you make. Bricks expensive we're therefore pushed up the cost. Of housing so that that's just one mere microcosm of the sort of costs we're dealing. With you but the fact of the Matter is australia is the second biggest gas exporter in. The world we're the biggest. Coal exporter we have tons of your owning which you have the cheapest energy in, the world or some of the cheapest energy in. The world, but instead through idiotic policy and again utter neglect from our policy makers and just allow these companies to run right on us and do whatever. They want we're getting absolutely. Shafted here and the fact of the matter Is we australia's gas Belongs. To australians our riches should, come first and, Without reservation without reserving our gas and forcing it to be Supplied to australians first at a. Reasonable cost this energy inflation is going to continue, to rise the cost of living pressures will remain and funding will remain higher than it. Should Be an australia's economy is going to continue to. Be industrialized it is that serious.
Speaker 2: Always make a lot. Of sense so that's why this is the treasury of. Common sense and if people want to find out more, information leath where do?
Speaker 4: They?
Speaker 7: Go?
Speaker 18: Mate Yeah, THANKS phil i just go, to macrobusiness, dot com dot a you.
Speaker 2: Always good to talk. To you my friend will talk to you next week nineteen minutes, TO three i give you an update on what's going On with Iran. And israel in just, a MOMENT the cnn is Saying that iran has launched a new wave of Missiles towards israel And it's i'm looking at. The photos it's about seven forty Pm In tele aviv at the moment and very. Calm there it's they're showing ACTUALLY as, i speak they're showing an aerial view of the Skies Above tell aviv and there's nothing to be. Seen THERE. That's cnn and also they're saying Now On fox news that sirens are Happening in Israel as iran has. Launched missiles, but THERE as, i said they're panning the sky with the CAMERA on cnn and there's nothing there to be seen at. The moment but and it's interesting because that's been up for the last three or four. Minutes too they've been, saying this so, you know it's not a great deal and a great distance to fly through to from the one country to. The others i'm just looking at, the, yeah again looking AT the. Tv screens nothing, to promote there's nothing to tell. You that but After this i'll give you. An update i'll give you more of an update of what's. Going on nineteen minutes, To, three yeah sixteen minutes. Two three so at the Moment In tel aviv it's seven forty four pm and there are sirens being Heard over israel, missiles intercepted According To, fox NEWS and i did read That The Israeli defense force have sent fifty plus fighters fighter jets to continue with the Strikes. In iran but in, The meantime iran have been sending Missiles. Towards israel that's a warning that came in as being Heard, across israel as well. As sirens at, the moment there's SO as, i said it's, really surreal especially to sit in a Country like australia and, you know not that we would ever have a situation, like this but to when, we hope but to be looking up AT the tv on what's a relatively clear Scar in israel for people there to know that these missiles are. Coming in but there's no OTHER footage i got coming up at the moment in terms of being able to bring this. To you if anything HAPPENS, On cnn i'll immediately flick the switch. On this But The Ayatola, Ali kameni iran, supreme leader has Definitely Rejected president trump's demand for unconditional surrender amidst a rapidly escalating Conflict, with israel and in a, Televised address kameni asserted That the iranian nation is not one, to surrender and caution that ANY direct us military involvement would result in irreparable Damage. To americans that's as a result. That speech as a result of this Speech By, donald trump.
Speaker 6: Two very, simple words a very simple unconditional surrender That means i've.
Speaker 7: Had, It okay i've. HAD it i give up.
Speaker 6: No more then we go blow up all, the moment, you know all the nuclear stuff that's all over the.
Speaker 13: Place, there now they had, bad intentions, you know the for forty years they've been saying Death, to america Death, to israel death to anybody else that they.
Speaker 7: Didn't like.
Speaker 6: The bullies they were. Schoolyard bullies.
Speaker 7: And now they're not.
Speaker 6: Bullies anymore but we'll see.
Speaker 2: What Happens, donald trump he was out the front Of The. White house this was about over three. Hours ago he was out in front Of The, white house On The white house lawn putting up some new, flag poles which, he said with some of the finest flag poles you could ever see in, the world nicely tapered at. The bottom his words. Not mine but then, he says and he was. Very RELAXED as, i mentioned he was talking about the Situation. With Iran The supreme Leader in iran has declared that the battle has begun in his first STATEMENT that i was talking about a. Moment ago this is also a response TO The Us President donald trump SAYING the us would Spare The Iranian supreme leader from assassination for now in a trilling a chilling. Reciprocal Threat the IRANIAN state tv also warned of a major surprise tonight now that has been hanging around for the last few hours, at least maybe even as much as, a day the warning of a major. Surprise tonight so is that? Tonight tonight currently seven forty seven Pm In, tel aviv and STILL as i LOOK up c andm's just come back on clear skies there at, the moment no sign of these incoming missiles that they've been. Waiting for but they have, had SIRENS and i led to believe that they have managed to. Shoot DOWN the idf says have shot down some missiles that have been Launched. By Iran mister trump Threatened The, supreme leader calling him an easy target in a post on truth social and also he went on, to say This Is, donald trump that they have complete and Total control he's CONFIRMED the us is part of the Conflict, with iran and he appeared to offer the conversation and the confirmation That The united states is now Participating in israel's attack On on this is due to the escalating Tensions And donald trump going on his social. Media Post donald trump also had this to say out the front Of The.
Speaker 6: White house you don't Know that i'm going to even.
Speaker 2: Do it you.
Speaker 6: DON'T know i may, DO it i may not. DO it, i mean nobody Knows what i'm going. TO do i can tell you This that iram's got a lot of trouble and they want. To NEGOTIATE and, i said why didn't you negotiate with me before all this death? And destruction why? Didn't, YOU nego i said to, the people why didn't you negotiate with me two? Weeks ago you could have. Done fine you would have had. A country it's very sad to. WATCH this, I mean i've never seen anything, Like it so you neveryone thought it was going to be. THE reverse.
Speaker 18: I didn't i didn't.
Speaker 6: Think SO and i was, telling him you got to you got to, do something you got.
Speaker 2: To Negotiate That's donald, trump there and that was a few, hours ago now about three, hours ago and this debate has sparked a bit of, a conflict a bit of a split Between The trump's mega movement And between you've got Your israel hawks on, one side who want to see War, with iran and then you've Got Your american first isolationists who are Arguing That donald trump ran ON ending us involvement in. Foreign wars so you've got a bit of a split there among not Just The, maga party not just Among the, mega fans but also Among the republicans In the trump administration. As well And the Secretary Of State mirco rubio was quick to Insist that israel. Acted, unilaterally However The white house has said also that the strikes have been a success And That donald trump has Publicly backed. Israel's escalation and just further, To that russia has Demanded that israel stop its illegal attacks On the iranian, nuclear facilities warning it's pushing the world towards. Nuclear, Catastrophe well russia giving anybody a, warning about, you know restraint is a bit like pot calling the, kettle black. Isn't it so we'll keep you updated. On that let me get to a couple of your texts. As Well, hello leslie how Are? You phil we're going to end Up. Like venezuela they're taking all of our resources and we'll. Have nothing they're looting. Our country that Was from leslie and this one came in from Les And. East brisbane how, are, You. Mate phil i've got INSOMNIA and i average about four to five hours sleep. A night i wonder if anybody KNOWS how i could get any, extra sleep because, you know we all have the. Same problem maybe somebody can help. ME out i know that you know some of us here that use some kind of sleep assistance. USE melatonin i haven't found, that belatonin particularly lez has been something that's been handy all that advantageous or beneficial. To me but there are a few things that you, can get. You know if anybody has any other suggestions apart from, the melotonein please text that through to me. As well and just another one that came HERE about maga they don't like to go. To war this is somebody who didn't leave, their name but they SAID that maga don't like to go to war And The Old republican group don't like the unwise actions of the past that their country has taken and that's why they're in so, much debt and also the loss of. Defense personnel That's why mega's. Against it you're, right, though too because and we Talked To professor flint, about this you know That the america tends to get itself into these situations without an, exit plan and then the exit plan ends up with Situations like afghanistan And. Also iraq, you know any idea of trying To implement western democracy in places Like The middle east, doesn't work probably because of the important word They're being. Western democracy, so anyway, regime change if that's, THE idea i, don't know but we'll keep you updated on what's going. On there nine minutes, The, Three, hi joe how? Are you he says on The text phil what we're seeing is the indiscriminate firing of missiles and a civilian population on the Behalf. Of iran joe just sent That through AND as, I, said joe watching the footage that's, They've, got well it's not, even footage it's just basically basically an outside Camera In tel aviv showing, blue, skies saying according To The Israeli, defense force missiles Detected, from iran but there's nothing but blue SKIES that i can See In tel aviv at. The moment but they say that they are firing Missiles from Iran. Into israel we'll keep you updated on that throughout the news in, the morning and, in fact speaking of, the news we're about to get your update. As well and then After That, terry barnes he's got a lot to. Talk about it's a few things to break and break. Down internationally we'll Talk about albow's Visit to calgary trying to catch Up With. Donald trump and, you Know from terry's point, of view where does That leave? Albow now should he just Try Ghosting? Donald trump or should he keep trying to call him and thus look a little? Bit desperate and Also The New South. Wales libs what's the? Answer there could It Be? Nick griner could he be the one to turn up with an experienced head on his shoulders and possibly Unite The New South. Wales libs we'll Talk to terry. About that fancy a bit of, Live music we've got that coming up for you in a. Moment too It's The Thursday morning lounge and acoustic performance and a chat with one of the biggest stars in. The WORLD and i don't, mean that, you. Know flippantly i'm talking about someone who really knows. His music that's on the.
Speaker 1: Way, ON, two GB four bc and. Network stations this Is A australia Overnight with phil.
Speaker 2: O'Neil morning how? Are you, it's cold but it feels a. Lot colder i'll get to the specifics of that in just. A moment got a couple of texts. Coming through this One's. From, Karen, hello karen how?
Speaker 14: Are?
Speaker 2: You phil did You catch trump being asked about having to CUT the g. Seven short his reply was that he'd completed everything that he wanted, to do nothing left. To do but, you know you have to do things in a, nice way so there won't be any Meetings for Trump and Elbow, and Rudd. Says karen but we've all discussed this morning that maybe you should take right out of any. Meeting equation another One, From, joe phil it would be more accurate to DESCRIBE the maga group as anti neo con rather than. Isolation list the neo cons have been involved pretty much in every disastrous war THAT the us has been. Involved, In, mate joe appreciate your text and if you would like to text me zero four six zero eight seven three eight. Seven three if you want to give me a call by all, Means too i'd like to hear from you one three one eight. Seven three and you can also get in touch on the emails as well overnights AT two gb. Dot Com So, donald trump who was out On The white house lawn earlier on, this morning about three, hours ago installing new, flag poles looking very. Very RELAXED and i, mentioned this it's probably the Most relaxed i've. Ever Seen donald trump going on about the flagpoles that, they're installing that they've been waiting to install out the front Of The, white house and he said that these are the best flag poles anywhere. The world and he went on about them being, nicely tapered and then he took a few questions from. The, Press, well linberhold that just looked up at the Telly On. Fox news and he's out there again again doing a more formal thing about the. Flag poles this time he's. Come out last time he didn't have a. Tie on this time he's, come out he's got his. Tie on he's talking about the flag poles Again, and CHRIS and i was Just saying chris in the studio next door that these flag poles are certainly getting, you know their. DUE diligence, i mean they're going going on about. These flagpoles so It's Like donald trump doesn't have a care in. The world we'll keep you updated on what's, going on and also we'll have a Chat With terry barnes in just a moment to get this week in politics both here and. Also OVERSEAS and i believe we do have a Correspondent in Israel In tel aviv that we're going to go to at some stage this. Morning too it's coming up to nine minutes past. Three now we do This every thursday morning and it's Called The Thursday More, music club or we often sometimes call it To The Thursday Morning. Live lounge and this is where we have somebody come in play a song, for us we have a chat, with him we get a bit of an, acoustic performance, sometimes live sometimes in this case. Pre RECORDED because i caught up with this gentleman when he was Last in australia and It was i'm, a big big fan love this GUY since i was sixteen years, of age so it was a real fanboy moment, for me and he played one of his biggest hit singles on, his own but he plugged in essentially, a sequencer so he had a backing track going, with it and the rest of it was just him acoustic with this sort of sequencer. Backing track who are you, Talking, About phil who is this big star that you caught up? With, recently well it was none Other Than sting sting from. THE police i asked him how. He was, I'M good i can cross this one off my bucket List because i've been a huge FAN since i was. About sixteen we finally got to. That chat you're showing our age a return to a rock sound that you haven't done for. A while why did you decide to get back?
Speaker 17: That way, you know, for me the most important element in music. Is SURPRISED when i listen. TO music i want to. Be SURPRISED when i, COMPOSE music i want to, surprise people and ALSO when i choose The music i'm going to, do next surprise is one of the most. Important THINGS so i think people.
Speaker 2: Are surprised and you actually wrote songs while you were in the studio.
Speaker 4: As well i'd write the songs on the.
Speaker 17: Way home, Walking home i'd have the music in my HEAD and i think of the STORIES as i, Was walking.
Speaker 2: So that process can, actually work, IT.
Speaker 17: Can, i mean there's no one way of making it. A record sometimes you prepare and prepare, and prepare and then sometimes.
Speaker 2: You don't what would you want your legacy to be most? Remembered by what?
Speaker 15: It?
Speaker 2: Be, music? Politics acting the.
Speaker 17: Only thing i'm interested in is my kids, respecting me and my wife's still.
Speaker 4: Loving me everything else.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter so if there was, something though if people, went sting, you KNOW obviously i won't go flying underpants because.
Speaker 4: That may well be OF what i remembered. For you i've got no control, over it care. THAT much i.
Speaker 2: Spoke To Henry, pandvani honray who came in not that, long, ago right and we were talking about the early days of, the police and he was telling me it sounded very desperate back in the very early days of sleeping on couches and things.
Speaker 17: Like that, You know i'm really glad of those times and that we weren't vaulted into. Superstardom immediately we had years of struggle, and obscurity and that made success that much. More sweeter give me more perspective on what it was and HOW fortunate i. Actually AM so i didn't become FAMOUS until i was, twenty SIX so i had a real life, before That which i'm very. Grateful for, you know the beginning of any project is always the most. Exciting thing it's always. The adventure the first day of. The adventure i'm driving. The van, one night there was about three in the morning down a Motorway, in England and henry was in the front.
Speaker 4: WITH me i. WAS driving i.
Speaker 17: Fell asleep the other two were in the BACK and i woke up skidding across. A FREEWAY luckily i knew how to turn. It up was a lot on the, steering wheel so we pulled out, of IT but i almost killed.
Speaker 2: The police they tried to also lump you into the punk sound miles away. From that they couldn't figure out the genre, at all.
Speaker 17: Could, THEY well i think genres are something any musician will want. TO avoid i think it's it's kind, of limiting and it's just a. Word ANYWAY so i just think of music when musicians and it's a, common language so that the genres are something artificial that there is imposed, upon music which is really not my job to either defend or get.
Speaker 4: Involved in do you have.
Speaker 2: A particular style that you've enjoyed playing?
Speaker 17: The, VICE no i just follow, my curiosity. YOU know i mean the great thing about music is it's a nocean that there's no end. To it it's completely without a bottom or an edge. To it so you just swim in this wonderful world, of Possibilities and i'm happily.
Speaker 2: Doing it people were surprised when you Did the bring On the, night PERIOD but I guess i saw it as a Lineage Between Bits Too Big without You and bring On the night. As well the sparsity of those, Particular, tracks yeah they had a jazz element to. THEM anyway, I thought.
Speaker 17: I've always, loved jazz, you know that, spontaneous thing. IMPROVISATORY thing i like playing with, jazz musicians Even though i'm not a jazz.
Speaker 4: Musician myself we share a.
Speaker 2: Common language when you got together with People, Like branford Marsalis And, omahai kim who are exceptional musicians. As well was that in any?
Speaker 8: Way?
Speaker 2: Overwhelming no not's, all right a lot.
Speaker 4: Extremely comfact i'm pretty cool.
Speaker 2: As well you're a cool, Cat too that's, exactly, it right there with the, orchestral stuff symphonicity stuff that. You, did yeah was that an interesting collaboration.
Speaker 17: As well it was important for me that the orchestras work their. BUTTS off a lot of, pop stars, you know have arrangements done where the violin sections just playing whole notes is kind, of BORING so i wanted them to work. Really hard so the arrangements were kind, of DIFFICULT and i think the musicians. APPRECIATED that i hear my own work by, accident sometimes, YOU know, i, think well, that's interesting that's an interesting choice for a twenty five year old me to.
Speaker 4: Have made i'm musually pleasantly SURPRISED when i hear.
Speaker 17: My music if the song has a, good structure it can survive any kind. Of arrangement, you know you can play on a yukulele or spoons and it will still have an integrity to it if it's a.
Speaker 2: Good song you've said that, the industry the record industry is in a state of chaos, and FLUX and, I mean, i guess, you know thirty, years ago we wouldn't expect to, Find this so that's what we. Are now is? It SURVIVABLE and, i mean how much do you have.
Speaker 17: To, adapt well, it's CHANGING and i don't think it's arrived at the perfect. MODEL yet i think streaming is probably a. GOOD one i think musicians need to be, paid equitably though for young musicians struggling to make, a living.
Speaker 2: It's tough and do you think with everything being cyclic, as well that we will have, another rebellious anarchic sort of. Punk period because THE reason i say that is because, it's always, you know the best music's, politically driven and lately with the political scene that, we have, you know we are in a state.
Speaker 4: Of, flux yeah it's.
Speaker 17: All political there's a sort of movement to, the RIGHT which i don't really approve of, At ALL so i think maybe music will rise to balance.
Speaker 2: That, out sting it's. A pleasure i can crush you off my bucket list and go mearely off into. THE day i, Guess, Now okay i'm glad to be on your. Bucket list real big fan boy moment. For me and then he played an acoustic track, for us which was really amazing because he simply plugged in a sequencer into the radio desk and then had a microphone and played a song which was just wonderful and we'll give it to you. Right now it's a lovely live acoustic In The Thursday Morning live Lounge. From sting and here's A song i can guarantee you probably know incredible an incredible, technology too using a sequencer essentially so that it sounds like it's, a drum but it's just a sequencer and his, own vocals which he looped to sing over the top of his. Backing vocals he could have been a one man band and maybe didn't even need. The police, but yeah what A Terrific Thursday morning. Live Lounge and wayite said he enjoyed the, chat TOO so i appreciate. That feedback. That's nice it's one of the BEST ones i think we've had For The Thursday Morning live lounge. So far somebody says on The text sting, beautiful music. Beautiful, human yeah a very very laid, back guy very sure, of himself but not at all aloof, you know and a really smart guy to, you know somebody who's spent most of his life reading because he used to be, a teacher reading really, intellectual novels so he knows exactly where he's. Coming FROM To helli sharon thank you so much for your text that. Came in and just getting back To These donald trump, Flag poles, BARBARA said i think the flag poles are a Gift From donald trump personally To The. White. House here they are the two new large flag poles On The white house grounds there for the north and, south lawns are basically a Gift From donald trump to, the nation because he's paying for. Them himself they're nearly one hundred, feet tall Described By donald trump as the most magnificent poles, ever made tapered tall, and rustproof of the, highest quality and one of the personal touches he wants to add To The white house what he gets the chance to, do that which IS why i think he's been out there twice so far looking at the flag poles and making it a bit of a ceremony. FOR himself i guess, all right twenty one minutes, past three let's Get To terry barnes. After this three. Twenty five maria just sent a, Text saying israels the mouthy kid in the schoolyard who likes stirring Up trouble knowing that the big muscle, bound BROTHER the, us brother will be able to show up and save. His back sye that came In from maria somebody else without a name on The, text phil who played last week In The Thursday Morning. LIVE lounge I Was john Stevens. From noiseworks that was. Traffic too don't know who we're going to have. Next, Week. Hallo tiff how are You? In melbourne she says at the Moment in Victoria In south morangue. FREEZING cold i had my FLU in covid vaccinations AND now i have a pretty sore Arm and i'm cold. As well it's. Cold everywhere brisbane at the moment twelve feels. Like nine And, in sydney if you're feeling, the cold there's a good reason for that, six degrees but it feels like three at. The moment three. Twenty Six terry barnes joins us at this time. Every week he's, a columnist he's a political and. Policy consultant he's The former howard, government advisor and he Has this Week in politics.
Speaker 1: Now, On Overnights, lord Order The prime minister has.
Speaker 2: To call, Thanks. Missus speaker It's the Week in Politics With.
Speaker 1: Terry barnes.
Speaker 2: How, are you, Good? Morning phil do you think the g seven was.
Speaker 9: WORTH it I think g seven is a waste of time and it's a lot of way to go to get a group photo of seven people or actually a thick of one or, two more including the head Of The. European union, but really what did they achieve in those couple? Of days ABSOLUTELY bloody, I think i mean, the time, the effort the cost of doing all of that and actually having the number One attendee nikoff a day early before they could reach an agreement on. A communicate we reach an agreement, on anything reach certainly not reach an Agreement on Israel and iran and of course the hangars on Like Our Prime Minister, anthony alberanisi who. Were THERE really i think almost, the decoration except for the possibility of these. Sideline meetings it really just seems to me that it delivered some good pictures FOR the. Tv years it delivered that. Family photo but, BEYOND that, i mean what's. THE point, I think i think the time has come or to actually quietly put. TO sleep, i mean it was started fifty years ago as a way Of the western great powers to have a bit of a chat once a year at, leader level but really it's just become simply a, talking shop, a gapfest but with no clear agenda and no clear decisive leadership coming out.
Speaker 2: Of IT whenever I see australia popping up TO the, G seven, i, think well it's just like them Going to eurovision. As well it's a case of, why, again.
Speaker 9: Well yeah that's, a good. Good description actually It's political eurovision where everybody gets. Dull points BUT certainly, i think, you know we're talking about the use of scarce political and diplomatic time. And resources and if it was a genuine forum for solving major global problems like the War, in Ukraine, like Gaza, and Israel like Israel, and iran, then maybe just maybe it's got. A purpose but really what we saw was a couple of a couple of what do they call them pitfacts in terms, Of, opportunity yeah and a few meetings that all seemed to revolve around one. Certain leader and my sense is That While donald Trump is president Of The, united STATES the g seven is always going to BE the g one and everybody else is Living In.
Speaker 5: Trump.
Speaker 7: World, yeah man.
Speaker 2: We were talking about this. Last night if you were To Advise, anthony albanezi would you advise him to Keep Ringing, donald trump are you going to come off a little? Bit desperate and we, ALL well i mean the general consensus among the listeners who rang in and, Texted, was yeah you got to keep on, his case even though you do seem to be coming across as a. Bit desperate what would be your advice if you had to give any two albow in terms of getting Hold Of.
Speaker 9: Donald, TRUMP look i think the way things are rolling with the issues that we're concerned about, around TARIFFS, around ucus they're rolling. On anyway, the Review the american REVIEW of orcus. Has started it's not going to. Be stopped that was encouraging ACTUALLY the. G seven one of the few things that was ENCOURAGING the g seven was That When British Prime Minister keir Starmer and trump, got together they both AGREED that orcus was a. Good Thing So donald trump has actually learnt since earlier in the year when he didn't seem to have a clue about IT what ucus. Actually is BUT certainly i think you don't want to, look desperate but you don't want to. Look dabtless my sense is THAT if i was Advising The, Prime minister i'd, be, saying well just, you go just, pace yourself don't, look desperate don't try and get through the door at the. First opportunity don't take it personally that you did not get Stuck By donald. TRUMP leaving I Mean donald trump left for. GOOD reason, I mean i'm not a great, trump man as. You, KNOW look i think we're dealing with a global, crisis here, and potentially if it's mismanaged or, miscalculations happened we could be on the brink of something. Really CATASTROPHIC so i think it was quite reasonable for him to go back To The white house in the situation room to work.
Speaker 2: It through and the, other thing it Wasn't, just albot it was Also The Indian. Prime minister It. Was Zelenski although zolenski squored up with him a, few times but he didn't get the. Opportunity, either okay let's talk about what you just, Mentioned there Iran. And israel.
Speaker 7: Where do?
Speaker 2: You start.
Speaker 9: There are so many things to, Talk about BUT really i think the question is what Are the americans actually going? TO do I Mean donald trump with his social, media commentary with his well very animatic remarks when he LEFT the g seven about to watch, this space particularly the way he slapped Down The French President emmanuel macron in Relation to macron's suggesting he was going Back to washington to work on, a ceasefire and he, basically said a cease buy of the stuff got bigger Fish to fries. Than that so, my Sense and i'm not a strategic or a defense expert in, any sense but certainly as a, POLITICAL watcher i have to say that all the indications Are That president trump is actually gearing up to Bring The united states into this militarily in. Some WAY and i would think it is probably in relation to the Pressure from israel to support their nuclear facility busting effort by bringing in the big bunker busting bombs That the. American Has the americans have That the israelis don't.
Speaker 2: THEY'VE got i mentioned there's a couple of DAYS Ago uss nimits heading in. That direction the Fact that trump went back met with his security council straight away once he got back To The, WHITE house, i mean you know something's going. On here the extent, OF it i guess we'll have to wait and.
Speaker 9: Find, out well, that's RIGHT and i don't forget THERE'S another us carrier group going in there as well AS The Uss. Carl vincent so there are two huge aircraft carriers with fighters and. Fighter bombers but one Thing that israel doesn't have with its air force are. Large bombers it. Lacks those it has very good, fighter bombers top top notch, fighter bombers and they have bunker busting bombs of, their own but the only bunker bust to the depth of, six meters Whereas the american bunker busting bombs actually can very smart and they can drill down sixty meters. Or more and that's in the Mountains of iran where the chief uranium enrichment. Facility is that's the type of bomb that is needed to actually destroy it as opposed to merely. Damage it the other, THING is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you knew. About this over the last, two days there've been something LIKE thirty us military aerial refueling tankers being dispatched To The middle. East too so the tankers an't there To support israeli fighter jet Missions, against iran but also to help with the mid air, refueling capabilities so maybe also to help Out The American air force if more of them.
Speaker 9: Get, involved well that's, exactly right, and, certainly yes they have been brought up into the towards Closer to iran and closer to the scene scene of. The action but they Could service, israeli aeroplanes they Could service, american AEROPLANES and i guess if they Did service, israeli Aeroplanes the uranians may will say That the americans are. Involved anyway so it's a really delicate situation. We're in and regardless of what you think about the players, in it if there is, a mistake if there is a, miscalculation here it can be catastrophic for all.
Speaker 18: Of us so it's.
Speaker 9: Absolutely essential it's imperative That Particularly benjamin Yahu And, donald TRUMP but i think All all western leaders who are involved in this in one way, or another actually well, move.
Speaker 2: CAREFULLY carefully i was Talking To Professor david flint about this, last night and he was drawing parallels to nineteen fourteen and the spark that, ignited that and we, were saying, you know what's the, spyk here and let's hope it.
Speaker 9: Doesn't, HAPPEN yes i said exactly Say With john STANLEY when i was talking to Him on, Tuesday NIGHT and i think there is a feeling a Bit like july, nineteen fourteen after the assassination Of the artitute Van S, ferdinand sarajevo when the events and the decision started cascading and mistakes were made in that month. As well we're not dealing that with the type of communications we. HAVE now, i mean it's. Almost instantaneous it was actually much slower, than that but, EVEN so, i mean it's a lot Of, but europe the world was waiting back then with the other, shooter drop and eventually in the Beginning of august nineteen fourteen. It did you could say it's the same as very Similar to august nineteen, thirty nine the months Before The world war two started with certainly the doings and throwings Between the germans And the russians that led To The Riven shrop molotov pacts that actually seed the way for the Invasion. OF poland, i mean all of these if we're seeing something a little, similar Now though god help, HAS hope i hope it never comes to that type of.
Speaker 2: Possibility now and the other comparison you could draw as well Is the cuban missile crisis nineteen. Sixty, Two well.
Speaker 9: It's a very good one in the sense Because EFFECTIVELY. John f kennedy and his Advisors took america it's the brink of nuclear War, with russia but kept, their heads kept their, their calm and kept their kept their actions to a Blockade of cuba as opposed to, military action a, military invasion which probably would have led to at least.
Speaker 7: Some form of.
Speaker 9: NUCLEAR exchange i don't Know If president trump has the temperament to, do that BUT certainly i think he's a realist in the sense that he knows that the consequences of any, nuclear exchange any, nuclear war any nuclear bomb being, being used and he has made it very clear that he does Not see iran having having, that capability that he wants. It stopped, he does he wants it to. Be blocked and if he's prepared to put his well actions where his, words are you'd have to assume that he is gearing up to BRING the us Into supporting israeli one some way.
Speaker 2: Or another and it's not just the temperament Of. The kennedys there was also the temperament Of khrush chef, as well where people were allowed to. Save face that's the thing that's going to be really important if we.
Speaker 9: Get there, You, know well that was actually it Was MORE. John. F kennedy i think if you go back and look at what happened in nineteen, Sixty two khrushchov was actually looking for face to. Be saved it wasn't him trying to save other. PEOPLE'S faces, i mean it Was actually kennedy Looking after khrushchov in that sense and giving him a decent. Way out and they found a comprom solution in terms of nuclear weapons being taken Out of turkey By. The americans that didn't really matter in the biggest scheme, of things but it looked like there was something for. Something deal but in, this, case, well Look Maybe, donald trump he's the. Deal maker he could come up. With something BUT really i think we're in a very very difficult. Situation here but on, THIS one i actually actually Back To. Donald trump if he is prepared to actually take.
Speaker 2: Some action he may be a, mad man but he's our.
Speaker 9: Mad man well that's THE point. I MEAN but I think i think on, this one his instincts arise in terms of wanting To, stop iran how he, does it and how he does it in a way that doesn't lead to even more. Die consequences that's. His challenge whether he's up to, that challenge you'll have.
Speaker 15: To.
Speaker 2: Prove yeah but that Whole mad, man ANALOGY which i think was Attributed, to nixon wasn't it? Originally? Correct yeah the whole idea behind that is if you know you've got to, loose cannon then you've actually got a bit of. An, advantage okay hold on their, a SET because i want to talk about a, different truth. More local you got to. HANG on i will, all right twenty one minutes, to four eighteen minutes. To four and as we do at this Time every, thursday Morning It's terry barnes giving us the week. In politics so let's get back to we were talking about a truce In The. Middle east let's get to. Another truth and this Is The, liberal party Especially In New. South wales how's the party? Getting on is everybody?
Speaker 10: Getting?
Speaker 9: On, well no, come on let's let's let's be, Real. HERE phil, i, mean Basically The South Wales liberal party is a. Basket case it's still as a. Basket place it was into it needed federal intervention by the Federal Executive liberal party late. Last year what they don't like is the fact that the executive put in a Couple, Of victorians Alan, Stocktor Fort jeff kennet's former treasurer and former Our Minister richard austen and and really it was what what does come out this week is that they've kicked The two victorians out and They've Put nick griner particularly in. Their players but really the factional nest vipers that's In The South Wales liberal. Party continues the fact that they they lost they lost seats in the recent, federal election the fact that they don't really look like they're in a position to be a viable alternative youngments in the upcoming state Election In south wales which has still got a way.
Speaker 14: To come.
Speaker 9: These are all issues that they really have not. Grappled WITH so, i mean the, factional hatreds that personality politics are. Still there it's not. Going away they haven't solved. The Problem, nick greiner as respected liple, elder statesman might be able to go Where the victorians did not inste trying to bring some sort of peace to. The party but the bottom line is That a liberal party these days is a party is that nobody wants. To join it's not a question of young. Versus old it's a question of people actually want to be part of something that is such a such a dog's breakfast that is becoming increasingly used to losing and not winning that if you really want to make a career in politics and publics Herberts His liberal party the way to. GO anymore a lot of people suddenly are thinking maybe. It's Not.
Speaker 2: Although nick griner has a lot of credibility AND also i think enough experience and level headedness to perhaps unify if you could think of anybody except apart From Maybe, john howard, You know grinder's not the bad person to have in there in this. Particular, role no.
Speaker 9: He's NOT and i think because of his being such a successful premire in the late eighties and, early nineties even though he almost lost office when he, sought reelection he is well regarded across the faction Of The. Liberal party but the reality Is That liberal party itself is such, a rotten rotten organization it really needs to be. Cleaned out it's parliamentary party needs to be cleaned out of the dead wood and the. Non performers the organization certainly needs to be cleaned out which is why there was a federal intervention in. FIRST place i mean you had a party organization that couldn't actually organize its candidates the last year's local government Elections In New. South wales that's how messy.
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 9: That you really want to have good people joining the party and you want to have really good people standing. For it at the moment there, is well it's just not, Worth it it. Really ISN'T and i think it's not Just This south Wales's Division liberal party. THE problem i think it's a Problem, in victoria it's a Problem In. South Australia. West australia probably the only place where it's viable as a party of government at the moment is where it is. A government That. Is queensland and YOU noticed i Didn't mention, tasmania there although notionally it's Got A liberal, party GOVERNMENT because i suspect after the Nineteenth, of july because of this absolutely, foolhardy election they're called that there won't Be a liberal government.
Speaker 2: There either you know what they need to do is they need to go back to nineteen. Sixty seven there was a guy who his Name Was, william bell and he wrote a song everybody loves, a winner and everybody loves you when. You're winning they need to be playing that every time somebody walks in, the room try and buoy the team up a. Little, Bit perhaps, oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah they certainly need something that certainly know when party hacks and, factional warlords so think their song is. My way you really have to wonder about the party as a party. OF government, i mean it's been a natural party of government for so LONG and i think that's Made many, liberal members but certainly, organizational players. Very complacent you know that even losing the twenty twenty two federal election has shut the. Temporary setback and we saw that the consequences of that type of thinking on the Third, of may Didn't, we well.
Speaker 2: Maybe then they could Borrow From donald trump a BIT of ymca from the, village people because you know that boy's the. Camp.
Speaker 9: Too, WELL look i think he would object. TO that i don't think he want to be associated with you know what he says. ABOUT losers i don't think he'd want to Be Associated liberal Party.
Speaker 2: For australia at, The Moment CAPTAIN cook's hms endeavor is confirmed to be in the Waters Off. Rhode island why? What's this why are you interested in?
Speaker 9: This, STORY well i think we all should be interested in. THIS story, i, mean basically we're talking about the Endeavor That captain cook sales up Up the east Coast of australia in. SEVENTEEN seventy i mean it was a great Thing, for Australia for. Australian history it was the beginning really Of our european history in terms of, the settlement, and that in, my view is not a. Bad thing many other people these days think, it isn't which IS why i think if we look at the media at coverage of this over the last few Days, in australia it's barely troubled. TO scorers, I mean i'm old enough. TO remember i don't know if, You, Are phil i'm sure you're only twenty one and a bite and. A bit in the, late sixties in nineteen sixty nine to, nineteen seventy in the run up To The cook, byson tenary everybody was advidly following the raising of endeavors cannons Off The Great barrier reef because that was seed as getting in Touch with. Cook relics at the time Of The. Bison tenry but here we are we have the wreckage of the, real endeavor that the, actual ship, IT'S herself i like, to, say herself not itself ship as, a sheet but certainly we have the wreckage there and according To The Australia National, maritime museum that's been a big part of researching this and Offshore, In Newport. Rhode island when you think, About it australia too probably sailed over her when she. Went one that's a.
Speaker 7: THIRD point i, Like that BUT certainly i.
Speaker 9: Think if it was nineteen seventy we would be absolutely ecstatic about this has to be filling out newspages that would be splashed all over. Television radio but here in twenty, twenty five where it's unfashionedable to Talk About, captain cook it's unfashionable to talk about his bourges of exploration and its implications for indigenous peoples In, the pacific particularly as Well. As australia and of course there's a bit of a Downer on british Colonialism and britain in general in terms of its role in. The world, so look this has had more coverage IN, the us that's had more Coverage in britain than has Had, in AUSTRALIA and i just think that's. Absolutely surprised well he probably shouldn't be surprised in this day, and age but certainly as somebody who was young enough or old enough but very young then to remember The cook by centenary AND as, i say the example of the excitement caused by the raising of endeavors canons then as opposed to the. Ship, ITSELF now i just think it's Highlights how australia, has changed our mindset. HAS changed i don't necessarily think in that sense it's changed for.
Speaker 2: The better i'm sure that we will get texts about this and about your thoughts. As well it's always a pleasure to taught. To you let's see where we're at in a. Week's Time Thanks Phil, terry barnes their columnist and the political and, policy Consultant Former howard, government advisor with a Week in politics ten, to four seven minutes to four in. The morning well it's middle of, the night, but anyway we're getting ready for a brand. New day and It, is thursday Nineteenth. Of june cold out there at, the moment, no kidding it is nine degrees at the Moment, in brisbane but it feels a lot colder. Than That, but sydney, forget Them as connefruiter, would say forget about It in sydney at. The moment, six degrees but it feels. LIKE three i haven't been. Out there it was cold on the way in on my way to work, this EVENING but i haven't been out there for obviously for, a while for a. Few hours but it gives you a good example of what it feels like if You're in sydney and, you're cold getting down to what feels like. Three degrees let's get your news update and then we're going to Go To tel Aviv And lisa segalov Is. An australian she's. A lawyer she lives In. Tel aviv she's just come out of a bunker after a recent air raid siren that just happened In. Tel aviv so we'll get the update on what her life is like on a day to day basis In. TEL aviv i mentioned this before when you look at they had some incoming missiles going Into tel aviv Shot, from IRAN and i guess again reciprocal action BECAUSE the idf sent some jets Into, bomb iran so that come the Missiles from Iran. Into israel they had the cameras as the sun went down about seven O'clock In, tel aviv and it was amazing to look at it because it was just clear blue skies and it would look like you would look out the window, right now if you looked out the window and it, was sunny it would be like you're in a suburban neighborhood looking out at. The sky incredible to think that that footage. Was live but they were aware of incoming missiles at. The time it's the kind of thing that, you know we never get our head around fortunately living in an amazing Country. Like australia BUT when i Speak To lisa segalov in just a moment after the, News update i'll ask her. About that i'll ask her what her day to day. Is like and, you know does it become the norm when You hear? Rair sirens do you become innude to it after a while, you, go well that's the, sirens again that's all the head down to. The bunker i'll have a chat with her. About that and also, coming up we're going to catch up without Good Mate, luke bono who's been on holiday his daughter, got married so he's had a bit of, a decision but he'll be back to talk about that and also to take. Your calls and SOMETHING else i wanted to mention to, you too and That is dr Tan. Via hmed he's a psychiatrist and also a, social commentator talking about psychological compensation claims and are they really worth it and can you? Prove it that's all on. The way we get your news in just a moment. As well it's four minutes, to four coming up to your news at. Four o'clock then we'll have a look at the front page of the newspapers and see what's been happening while you've been asleep overnight