Speaker 1: Welcome one hundred percent footy.
Speaker 2: What about the NURL ladder every team in with the chance of playing finals footy, we dissect it in just a moment.
Speaker 1: There's a bit doing it manly.
Speaker 2: So what better to do than get Tommy Turbo to join auber gang or ready to go tonight and we're off join the side in Sydney for State of Origin in game three.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it there, Harry.
Speaker 3: Grand spreading, he gets to the mat stuff first, just got over queen where a dominating.
Speaker 2: Yes, Allo, welcome one hundred percent footy. Things really starting to rampart, both in rep footy and the season proper as well. Looking forward to having I look at the moving and the shaking of the ladder at the moment, because one or two wins and you go flying up and the.
Speaker 1: Other way if you're losing.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Kevin Smith, get a brace here going Nice to see you there mate, floating in the ether.
Speaker 1: Hello, Paul Gallon, get a brace. That's always a pleasure to sit alongside your top dog. James Bracy, how you doing? Other? Two points? We had to buy it's two.
Speaker 2: Points gets two points for the well you love the buyers sitting pretty at the top and more to come as well. One way to go, yeah, no doubt, before we get stuck into a jam packed menu here tonight, what did we learn from the weekend that was?
Speaker 1: Starting with you, top dog, starting with me? Okay, I've been saying for a long time that Zach Lomax is the best kick chaser in the rugby league. He might be the best kick chaser of all time. Just to remind you of his talents. This is exceptional. I mean to raise that speech, catch the ball like that and then get a pace away love was just incredible.
Speaker 2: At that point of the game. He is a real attacking weapon. I hate tries from kicks.
Speaker 1: I reckon they should be worth two points, not four. But I'll give you four for that one. Yes with you on that. What did you say about him when you shook his head in here that night? Big hands got hands like baseball mines, a big man. He doesn't drop him. It's the first thing I noticed when I meet a player, I shake hands, and I test the size of the.
Speaker 2: Endmits big mis and he uses them well out in that pitch for you, mister Smith.
Speaker 4: Yes, Bracewell, seldomly does the great man get it wrong. But can we please rewind back to last week and here are a few of Guss's predictions for State of Origin two.
Speaker 1: I don't think they can win with the team that they've picked as it looks on paper. I think there's got to be another strategy behind it. If they go out with that first seventeen I as on paper, I just can't see them changing it. On what happened in game one. I can find four or five tries for New South Wales. I'm struggling to find two tries for Queens or one or two. I think it's four or five tries to one or two. So if they all kick the goals thirty to twelve, I don't think it'll be close.
Speaker 5: Do you reckon?
Speaker 6: It'll be a sorry.
Speaker 1: I know you all wanted to side, but I don't think it's going to happen. She's they're chirpy. They're chirpy. Well were We'll discuss this later because I was one hundred percent right with all of that. Let the scoreboard fool you, Let the scoreboard fool you. I was one hundred percent right with that. They haven't solved their issues at all, Queens, anything that had there Cameron or should we keep your powder dry?
Speaker 5: No? No one all happy to go to.
Speaker 2: A double less goal less Well I learned, I reckon. Regie the Rabbit is intimidating certain players. Now kemera months on the weekend ran out passed reader towards Reggie record.
Speaker 1: Reggie had to chat him forever and now you know where to go. Look at him. He's absolutely lost. This is not this is not the first time. Look at him.
Speaker 2: This is not the first time Regil the Rabbit has done this. I have a seven of fun go in the game I was involved in many years ago. I think Reggie got a hold of him at half time. When he ran back out of the second half, he ran to the wrong end. He ran to the wronger. There he realizes he had to run one hundred and ten minutes all the way down down the end.
Speaker 1: I remember. The funny about this was they didn't kick to him, as if.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't kick to him.
Speaker 2: We just had to run one hundred meters back the other role, and they kicked the other way.
Speaker 1: I have a goal.
Speaker 2: How good that Reggie, Reggie the Rabbit leave him alone. Set britiant stuff, all right, we're often flying here on one hundred percent footy.
Speaker 1: Let's get stuck into it. Of course they don't call it the wild West Forward nothing. It had absolutely everything.
Speaker 2: And as you heard, we are off to a decider, exclusive, live and free. Of course you'll catch it right here on your home of Rugby League. The Blues Game one, Queensland Game two over there in Perth. And didn't it all click in particular in that opening half West Who knows they're the words from the top dog. But we can't wait to be there And what is it two weeks three days time where the State of Origin series will finally be decide of the biggest talking points between now and then coming out of all that, cam our first chance to actually sink our teeth in the State of Origin since the Queensland win the key decisions from the coach, Camra Munster's captain dce out did and then Kirk Caple comes in a thirty two year old debutane in kirk Man and you get the reserve.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the first four that you mentioned there, Brace, I think you know, they repaid the coach with their selections and the announcements. I think with their performances, particularly Cameron Munster. He picked up the man of the match in Game two and was highly involved throughout the entire eighty minutes. I think he finished the game with something like seventeen runs and one hundred and thirty meters.
Speaker 5: So I think that was really.
Speaker 4: The reason why Billy Slater chose to give Cameron Munster the captaincy was to say, listen, camp, this is now your time to run this footy side. Dally Cherry Evans, He's done it the entire time that Cam much has been playing, but this was the time he needed to spark this footy side and they really needed to respond from that game one performance. So look outstanding effort by him. I think Kirk Capell.
Speaker 5: Was outstanding in his return to State of Origin football. There was a lot of critics.
Speaker 4: Leading into that game game two in Perth around Kurt's performances for the Warriors this year. There were some stats run around that he missed the most tackles in the competition out of any player. But I thought it defensively in particular, he was strong, Tommy did and was outstead.
Speaker 5: He took the line on plenty of times, set up.
Speaker 4: That nice try out wide foot Tabi Baie today with a lovely kick, hats and nice touches.
Speaker 5: Kurt Man was heavily involved as well. I was a little bit surprised with the lack of minutes that Carrigan and then I got off the bench. I thought Billy was going to use them a bit more.
Speaker 4: But I think this way, the way the game panned out, how strong the Queensland team had in the first half, I think that's why he just kept them on the bench a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Guss the Blues.
Speaker 2: Those two halves couldn't have been more stark. Yeah, out of it in the first back to what people who expected in the second.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I analyzed it a lot on the night and I've analyzed it since. I think the New South Wales blew that game. I think that's a game they'd love to have over again. The first half was extraordinary and I think what happened was they were expecting so much from Queensland. Then it went out and started exactly the same way as the game one win. Queensland were dropping the ball. New South Wales took up to the field position, got a soft cry and led six nil. What they didn't see coming then was a nine nail penalty barage and Queensland having all ball on their own line at that point, it was quite obvious that New South Wales hadn't put a lot of thought into their goal line defense and what they're going to be up against, because they were torn apart pretty easily, mostly through Munster and his extra involvement in the game. Harry Grant got a lot more care attacking opportunities and got in game one and New South Wales were just totally unprepared for it. It was actually quite awful the way that they defended that first half. They go into half time and they rethink it and the second half just looked like a procession the way that I thought the game would go anywhere. They scored four tries in the wet, they had a fair try to clearly disallowed for this stupid obsession with obstruction, and they didn't kick a goal otherwise they still win the game after having played so badly. So it's one of those mysteries of rugby league that the football grows just said we need a decider in because that's the only conclusion that I could come up with as to why we are going off to tam two and a decider because nothing, nothing from that game convinced me that Queensland should have been winning that game.
Speaker 2: I think neither coach would be happy with their side of the honest. I mean, the Blues were ordinary, really re ordering the first half obviously, the compleature route was terrible, that Tilly penalties they gave away weren't great, and Quinn in the second half ordinary. I'm as blue as they come, but I'm not with you on the clear trye Gus. I think it was an obstruction. Obsessed with abstruction because it was an obstruction.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately it's not abstruction.
Speaker 1: It's not because it wasn't real to try. But anyway, the referee ruled it a try. He said play on. Then something black in the box wants to protect perpretation Smith. What's the referee? He says, play on this.
Speaker 5: Obstruction?
Speaker 1: Look at all you young fellows just finished his head. As far as the coaches go, I just think that neither would be happy.
Speaker 2: It's too much been made to the penalties your first half. Then they got to nine, he'll finish ten two. That's a lot a lot of the penalties that gave. I think penalties what frustrates me with the sixty games. That's what frustrates me with the sixty guys. I don't think the referee would blow the penalties stopped the entire game, So why do they rule the sixty game for That's what gets me. Else, New souths had six sixty guys, Quentsland had only two, So that's sixteen discretions for New South I was alone, So what do you blow on sixteen pennies against use of I was? I doubt it, So that that's what annoys me at the sixty gues.
Speaker 1: That's what gets me.
Speaker 2: A lot of the penalties I thought were justified and silly, and the Blues need to be more disciplined. So I don't have a lot of issue with the penalties, but the sixty guys for me are the ones that sort of frustrate me.
Speaker 1: Forget this game. Six agains have become a fast right. They're an add on. They're not a penalty. They're an add on. They're a different type of penalty than either ones that they would have blown. When you get a lopside of penalty count like that in any game we get a long sided penalty count on that. It's not so much that they can't justify the penalties that they blew. If you go back and look at all those penalties, you're half justified in giving them more. It's just that the other team wasn't put under the same scrutiny. I know where you were offside or you mean to tell me, And all that time they couldn't find penalties against absolutely they could have absolutely, and that's where we get frustrated with it.
Speaker 4: I think it was a similar situation in Game two last year in Melbourne where I think New South Wales received I think it was like five penalties or six penalties and five set restarts in thirty five minutes. So I don't know if it's a trend, but yeah, we've seen a similar situation in Game two last year in Melbourne where New South Wales just went on that onslought it was the best half of football in Origin that we'd seen, you know, I think since its inception.
Speaker 5: They scored thirty four points I think in the forty minutes.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know if it's something that we need to look at, but certainly it's. Yeah, it happened again in Perth in Game two. I agree with Gail, you know, I think a lot of that discipline that New so Wales needs to look at. Certainly the fifty to fifties they all went Queensland's way.
Speaker 2: Cam we'll get onto the Blues shortly in the injury concerns surrounding then what changes might need to be made. But from Queensland's perspective the score of second half, what needs to change if they're because they're going to have to go to another level decider in Sydney.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they just they got a bit sloppy, didn't they. And I was from the commentary box. I remember watching the first set of six, so Queensland kicked off and the first set of six that just it looked as though we dropped our intensity. It was almost like in the back of their minds, the players' minds, that they thought, well, we've got this one wrapped up, where we've got twenty six points on the board. You know we can defend our way to a victory here. But history has shown you can't stop playing. You can't just think that you're going to be able to defend your way through forty minutes of football at this level against the quality opposition like the Blues have got this year like they have every year, and think that.
Speaker 5: You're going to win a game of football. That comeback was always on the cards.
Speaker 4: Do you think you so wells are just going to lay down and not play better football than what they did in the first forty minutes.
Speaker 5: They hardly touched the ball, they had very little field position, so that game was always going to change around.
Speaker 4: The momentum was going to swing and I just don't think Queensland handled it the right way. And I reckon and like Giol spoke about before, how both coaches won't be happy. Did you see Billy Slater in the second half? Did you see him after the game?
Speaker 5: He was happy that the.
Speaker 4: Team got the victory and kept the series alive, but he was pretty disappointed with their second forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had one of those belly ache moments right on full time. He was looking down at the ground and I saw what he mouthed and you could tell you what he wasn't happy with it. While we're on the topic of you mate, it was good to see him back of work on the weekend as well.
Speaker 1: How is he after? Was what was a hell of a week away from the footy pitch for him as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Brace it was a pretty tough week for himself and his family, and you know, for the Queensland team of course. You know, they all respect Billy Slater a lot and we've all seen the quotes and the press conferences that he had.
Speaker 5: It was a tough week.
Speaker 4: He got beat up a little bit personally, but you know, he's a tough character. He showed that throughout his playing career. He showed that through his coaching career over the last couple of years.
Speaker 5: I think with the result the other night, I think it was just a huge relief. You see him there giving his wife Nicola a huge hug.
Speaker 4: From a coach's point of view, I think it was a huge relief because there was so much pressure on him as coach to try and get that victory and try and help his footy side get a victory to keep the series alive. They didn't want to go back to back series losses. So now we go to a decider.
Speaker 1: From the Blues perspective, Gus, would you have let Nathan Cleary play? Oh, well, you've got to trust the medical team in there. I mean it was pretty late in the procession and yeah, Nathan clear is not a rookie, he's been around for a fair wire. He knew he was right to play, he right to play well. I think he was right to play. I didn't think he went too bad. I mean, obviously the kicking was a struggle for him. They didn't accommodate themselves too well with that. But now that late in the week, that would have been a big change to Actually, I don't know what they would have done with it. I suppose I'd have played lew Iron Burton in the haarms, but yeah, it was disappointing from their perspective. Look, you South Wales couldn't have played any worse in that first forty minutes. Just couldn't have played any worse and as the game turned out good five tries to four, couldn't kick a goal and should have won anyway, and had a fair tribe just fill out.
Speaker 2: I don't know where they've sold any gal. If Nathan's not fit, what her options for the heart well don't I can't look at Isaiah Cato has been mentioned Joey's mention. A few people mentioned he's a fantastic down player. It's going to be an absolute superstar. I got no doubt about that, but he's a kid twenty or twenty one years of age. To put him into the cider through the city. I think it's unfair when you've had Matt Burton there and mean, he's been what four or five games eighteenth man? He plays five A for his club, So that's leaving the competition. You got Jerome the way, Why wouldn't you just put Matt Burton there while they goes down in game one? If we bring Jerome lew and don't give Matt Burton a go now, now, another one we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about might be out, might be out.
Speaker 2: We're talking and we don't want to give Matt Burton a gal. I don't understand why he's there, is that eighth man if we're not willing to give the bike a gay.
Speaker 1: For a start, they're both left foot and they're both left sided players, and neither of them demand the book. Like Honestly, if it were me, if Cleary wasn't out and you're gonna you might even laugh at this, but I wouldn't. I'd be picking Adam Reynolds and I wouldn't even hesitate. I wouldn't even blink to come out and run at seven for New South Wales. I wouldn't even blink, wouldn't even blink to do it, because you know what you're going to get. I know exactly what you're going to get. You're going to get gags, man, you're going to get kicking game, You're going to get gold kicking, whatever you want. He's the one that should be doing the job. Trust me. That's just a little bit of free advice. That's nothing against Jerome and Matt Burton, but that's not their role, not for Origin three and a decider, bring the kid back? Would you be happy for Burton's eighteenth man again, I'm always happy for him to be eighteenth man. I'm always happy for him to go into camp and not get a run and not be available for the Bulldogs.
Speaker 5: So that.
Speaker 1: That's just how the system works at the moment. You know we're going to put up with that. But you know, Matt Burton, one day I'll be the new South Wales five eight. That's what he's aiming to do and he's just going to keep working until that happens. What's this face? I wouldn't I wouldn't even hesitate. I don't even know what everyone's talking about. I've haven't heard his name mentioned. Do you expect Cleary to play though? From what you you play Thursday night, I'm not let alone in the origin.
Speaker 2: He finished the game. Whenever you finish the game, that's that's generally a pretty good sign. I'm sorry with you guys and everyone. I don't think he was sent on the night here. He wasn't bad. I don't think he let anyone down, but he wasn't greater that he wasn't the Nathan Clear. We normally know, we're expecting the big Gang to play the way we know he can play, so that was probably.
Speaker 1: The issue for him. But he finished the game, so hopefully's okay. All right? That's I don't even hesitate little Bronco number.
Speaker 2: I get a feeling it might sneak its way back in some stage during the show. Stay with us where shifting ears and just the moment, tell me Turboive is in the house a lot doing it.
Speaker 1: Manley, the club, the coach him.
Speaker 2: Himself, all that and so much more with the man right here on sets right after this your.
Speaker 3: Break, bo boys, have a look where you are immediately we got this place. How good is a playing for your local area? You can stay home and play.
Speaker 7: It's good. You know, we really love it obviously growing up here. It's a big part of our life and you know, to get played for Seagulls. We both really love it and that's really enjoyable.
Speaker 3: We're you're both from Barnavar, which is about half an hour without traffic down the road. He's always wanted to play for Vanley.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you know obviously growing up around the area and you know you go watch the men and team on the hill every every weekend and used to love watching them. So there's always a germ of house to play for this great club. And if yeah, now that we're doing it's pretty special.
Speaker 3: My little boy played for Martival Raiders Bath to junior club. I used to notice, especially you Jake, you played in first grade with the next day you'd be down for junior footy all day working in the chaos, coaching a team or running the line and being alignsman, giving back to the local club. Where does that come from, Wall or why.
Speaker 9: Did you do it?
Speaker 7: Well? Obviously enjoyed coaching the kids and that sort of thing, getting down and watching them on the SAT day. So yeah, I guess we grew up doing it. And it was this a big part of our life growing up, so just kept doing that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's Troup perfect tropects. Next quote away, I'm just talking of Travoy Evis and he was absolutely magnificent.
Speaker 3: Most brothers have little quirks and me know, secrets about each I know, I've got a lot of secrets about my brother. Uh, tell us something about Tom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 7: I think you know, he's very book smart, genius when it comes to school in university and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: He does economics, it's just horrible. But yeah, but when it.
Speaker 7: Comes to common sense in life and following schedules, her struggles affair.
Speaker 3: But you you have to look after him.
Speaker 5: You got to look after him.
Speaker 9: Okay, Tom, tell us something about Jake. No one knows now that e been sits off. I'm getting back to know. One thing I don't think anyone really knows. This is addicted to his hair.
Speaker 8: Like we're trying to leave to go to training and stuff and to doing his hair. Yeah, he gels it up and gets every product in the book.
Speaker 3: We always play together.
Speaker 7: Hopefully we can stay playing together at mainly that'd be ideal, but you never know what happens. In football, and it's a funny game and.
Speaker 8: Except we grow up here, we love it here and you know we want to play together that we really enjoy it.
Speaker 11: It's a boy a bit.
Speaker 1: And he got in.
Speaker 2: Seven years ago Jemmo went to having the chin wag with the eighth of Mortel of the course Alien Manly or to treated is, tell me here tonight, hell mate and hello Michael Jimmins, Tell James, what do you think?
Speaker 8: What's your's tough watch? I don't know you did my media training when I was younger, but that was a tough watch.
Speaker 1: Eight years ago eighteen was looking any different thought that was this week.
Speaker 9: I got better with that, just to say, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think it's been a pretty fun ride for you guys up to that point, but from from that point onwards, a lot's happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah it has.
Speaker 8: It's on a rugby leagu's given us a great life and you know we've lucky that the opportunities we've gotten. Yeah, this club has been been great to us. And yeah it's funny you look back and it doesn't feel like that long ago, but you kind of see how young you look there, and yeah, it's been good journey.
Speaker 1: And you got Ben in the meex now too, that makes even more special.
Speaker 8: Well, that's the good kind of thing. We me and Jake both speak about it, but we don't. Probably didn't realize how special it was to be playing together until Ben come along. And I still remember when Ben debuted up in Newcastle and had a bit of a tear in my eye, and like, I've been playing for Jake for so long and it wasn't until Ben come along you kind of realize how special it was.
Speaker 1: That golf prank too, pushing into there.
Speaker 9: That's still one of the funniest moments.
Speaker 1: In history. Now I know that Blake next year's die. Now ask you a few questions. Question, I've got that before.
Speaker 11: Now it's good to have me here.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 11: Appreciate you making yourself available. And it's been a difficult couple of weeks of difficult year for manly in yourself. Just first of the question that you get asked by everyone, how how is the body? I know you're sick of it, but a lot of people talking about your body more than most would talk about others.
Speaker 8: Yeah, unfortunately that's kind of been the case for me. But no, feeling really good, So I come back bad bye this week. We come back last week against the Titans, and you know, felt really good out there. Obviously, probably didn't play the footage that I wanted to, We didn't play the foot as a team that we wanted to, but you know, I felt really good. And yeah, like I said, give me a bit of confidence going to the next week.
Speaker 11: Well, you then go back to training and then apparently you met with Anthony sea Bowl and you've been told since that you're moving from fullback to centerp How have you taken that news? Was that a decision that you made together? How did that sit with you?
Speaker 8: Look, it was a siasion that I guess the coaching staff made and inform me of. And yeah, look, i'd relyind you say if it wasn't disappointing at the start to hear that. Obviously, you know, played fullback for a long time in this club and I love playing that position. But yeah, look, for now, I guess I've come to terms where I understand. I completely get where the decisions come from and whatnot. You know, having someone like leut there who's playing exceptional foota this year, so I completely understand, and you know, I'm really excited for the new opportunity playing center this week?
Speaker 2: So was it more because as a fallback, you're doing a hell of a case during the week of training and then obviously on the field as well. Is that more of accasion than the amount of cas you have to run?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's part of the decision why they've come up with it. But yeah, look, it's you know, they obviously thought about it and talked about it as a coaching staff and a group, and that's what they feel like. It's best for the team. And I'm happy to do what's best for the team, you know. I want to just be back out there playing good footy, winning footy games and playing it back end of the year the team.
Speaker 2: Why are they struggling so much in this this midpoint of the season. All looks so promising earlier in the year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we just struggled to find consistency. You know, when we're on, I feel like we can match it with any you know, some of the top sides in the camp. But we haven't been on consistently enough. And yeah, that's been a real struggle for us over the past couple of years, I think, and I think it's just something that you know, we've got ten games to go now, and you know it's now and ever, you know.
Speaker 1: No one's out of it, mate.
Speaker 2: You look, we're going to look at the ladder a bit more later on two wins and you're all a suddenly in the eight thing.
Speaker 8: You've got to start winning footay games and playing playing consistently, and you know you can't lose too many of the positions we should in now. So you know, the Tylers this Friday night at home. So it's a great, great opportunity for us.
Speaker 1: But what about the DC decision.
Speaker 2: Obviously when he made it, he's won a game and then he's one of the lose three or four in a row. Did that impact the club and certain players within the club, do you think or he's getting on with.
Speaker 8: It nothing to do with our performance. Obviously, I played with chairs was a long time and you know a lot of people have at our club. And when I guess you're formed us that he's not going to be there, it was, you know, it was a little bit, a little bit sad, a little bit disappointing because you know, we love having Chased at our club, but it's none of the reason is why we're playing this way is because of that decision, you know, everyone's moved on. I think we're signing you half back, and we're you know, really focused on winning footay games. I know it probably doesn't look at the way we're playing, but it's certainly not a thing for us.
Speaker 1: Tommy, with all the with the the last few years, I mean, you've sort of been treading water and coming back from injury, getting injured, coming back from injury. When was the last time you actually felt a million percent like you were really ready to go.
Speaker 8: I think the back end of last year I felt really good. I was I felt like I was playing some of the back playing some of the best footall I played for a while. Obviously I kind of Miami midway through the year, but I feel like I'd come back from that really well and played consistently, and you know, played a bit of finals as well, which was nice, and played the eusy stuff. But this year's just been a real challenge. I've had a few different things that have been keeping me off the field, and I just haven't been able to find that consistency and get really confidence in the way does a.
Speaker 1: Get harder mentally to come back every time? Every time you get a set back, is a get harder to get back into the grind and go again?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would say it does you just I don't know it, just not self self doubts one way and putting it. But you did you start the question?
Speaker 1: I guess what you do if you ever had that thought, maybe this is all too much.
Speaker 9: Every now and again.
Speaker 8: But you know, I still love playing footy and that's what keeps me motivated and I want to be successful.
Speaker 9: So yeah, but you definitely have those thoughts.
Speaker 1: So how long do you think you've got when you when you sort of look at what your career is going to do? Now, how long do you think you can play for?
Speaker 9: I'd like to think I've got a few more years in me.
Speaker 1: That's a few Oh holy now? How holy?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 9: Twenty nine in October?
Speaker 1: All right, you should have six or seven years left in you? How does that feel? If I say six or so?
Speaker 8: I would absolutely love to play six or seven more years, Absolutely love that, But I understand that I haven't been on the field enough to probably want saying that at the moment. So look, although you're looking far ahead, I'm not really focused on I guess that right now, I just want to get back play footy.
Speaker 1: And then what I'm saying, I mean there's better days ahead. I mean, if you can just get past this bit, there's still a long future in front of it.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think, and I think that'll be the part that people remember. As good as you've been up until now, that can be the part people remember.
Speaker 9: I appreciate that guy game.
Speaker 2: Like we say, like a few weeksgo, for example, and then you had a two on one down down a short side and you just didn't seem to be going the way we know you can go when you're in the game and you're in that moment where you feel like you can open up. Is that when you have any self doubts or at that point in time you're not thinking about it.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not thinking about it.
Speaker 8: I feel like it's got to a point where if I don't play well, it's because I'm look injured or whatnot. I feel like, unfortunately, that's where it's got to where it's not the case. I think we're referring to the last time I played against the Titans. But yeah, look I actually felt really good physically out there, So it's just about me playing good footing and I guess that will deal with with itself and the background to.
Speaker 11: Mean, gu've touched on your future. I know you do want to look six or seven years along, but there's talk about manly meeting of your manager about your future. Both you and Jake off contract at the end of next season free agents November one. What's your view on it? Like, I imagine the club doesn't know where you're going to be playing, and you're playing one, you're playing six, you're playing center.
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 11: How do you handle this next period and what does the future look like? When your manager sits down with you and says, what do we do now?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Look, I feel like you journal really talk about this November one date like it's the be all and end all.
Speaker 11: Sounded like Gus, Now I give you one compliment, now you want to start out, But.
Speaker 8: The reality is I'm mainly for another eighteen months since it's not really a concern for me right now. I need to play good footy and consistent footy and then we'll talk about it. It hasn't really cosst my mind to too deeply.
Speaker 11: That's six conversation though it's been had. Right, what's the conversation's been with at the club about you playing six it's something you want to do.
Speaker 9: Oh, that was something that was tossed out. I spoke to see.
Speaker 8: It's a bit about it last yearly Bay through last year, but haven't really spoken about him as much late, and I know that we've signed to over there, so I'm not too sure exactly what the plans and how it look like in the future, but that's something that we can sit down and work out later.
Speaker 2: The coach you mentioned him, ethne while there. Are the players happy for him to stay on as head coach?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 8: Look, I think all that stuff that's coming on at the moment is just external noise and it's because we're not winning footy games. And the reality is we start winning some footy games, that all go away. So that's what we're all focused on as the club. We just need to go out there and put our best foot forward this weekend and win some games.
Speaker 2: Your CEO, Tony Mestrov spoke earlier today that there has been a discussion of eventually Michael Ennis might be playing a role and obviously Zia as an assistant if he wants.
Speaker 1: To become a head coach in the NRL. What is Mick Brein.
Speaker 8: Oh, look, Nick's a very smart footy brain, very good talker, and you'd be a very good coach one day. But I'm not too sure what the succession plan looks like at how it will evolve. But right now seats to our coach and we're just focused on it now and that's winning footy games.
Speaker 11: Price Tom, I want to ask about the meetings that you had with Seeds last week. There was my understanding was there was a feeling a little bit of unrest after that conversation with some of the players. What was the moon like, what did you gather from the players after what went down? Sound like a pretty honor session with the players last week.
Speaker 8: I think after any on a session like that, there's going to be people not feeling too great about themselves, Like I'm included in that. You know, you don't some things you hear from a coach you don't love hearing, but you need to hear them. So I think everyone's I guess, you know, come to terms of what the men told and now it's about doing. Actually, you know, that's all we need to do. We get judges on the eighty minutes we pay each weekend and we've just got to go in action everything.
Speaker 1: Tigers are the early kickoff on Friday.
Speaker 9: Ready for them, very ready, very ready.
Speaker 11: Got some scuttle for you on the Tigers. Yeah, okay, he's not breaking on his promoting one that he might have before we let you go. If you got another one for he does touched on early about the eighteenth man. I know he's mucking around, but I told in game one you were after be eighteenth man for the Blues and at the time, mainly we're losing. You decided that you wanted to focus on mainly from what I understand, What is your take on the eighteenth man situation? In your view, you had to choose club between state. Is that fair to put players in that situation?
Speaker 8: Look, this is isn't it that I shouldn't rest on me? But I personally don't love missing a game to be a man. I don't feel that's right by the fans and the player itself. So that's my view.
Speaker 2: But yeah, interesting, I think it's one of them we looked at a little bit more down the track. Well, they should, to be honest with you, great to have you here, Turbo all the best against the Tigers for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: Thanks having mate, You'll be flying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's a plan fighting fit. He's eyeing you off down the end there, mate, he wants to see him blue and white. Yes, he's eign enough as well. Bears bears recruitment off, so expect to call from big Mouth sometimes they no, just kidding. Stay with us. Thanks for coming. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Tell me here in the studio tonight after the break. Ricky Stewart our special feature on a bloke that's got the Green Machine Humming Chevy goes one on one.
Speaker 1: With the Raiders coach right after his show.
Speaker 11: Rick, you've achieved so much in the game, and from the outside looking in, Coach, it looks all consuming and you have to sacrifice a lot. You never switch off, and you miss out on a lot. When you get to the point in your life and you've done so much, how hard is it to find that motivation to keep going? What is it that drives you?
Speaker 12: You know, that feeling at the eightieth minute when you win win a game of football that honestly it's I haven't taken drugs before, but if that's a drug I would be addicted.
Speaker 6: That's what keeps me going.
Speaker 12: The relationships and the mats you I've made with players that players that have left now, and not just from this club, you know, from Cronulla and the Roosters.
Speaker 6: I'm still so close.
Speaker 12: To say many of those players, and even the players that you have to tap on the shoulder of, even the players that you mightn't gotong with.
Speaker 11: Have you ever had times year or you thought you know what, because it really it feels like another You had a good team, had a premiership window there that closed and you're resetting again and you've got a great young players coming through. Have you ever felt I haven't got another rebuilding me.
Speaker 12: I've never felt I haven't got another rebuilding me. I know I haven't had the privilege of having two or three market players and on my doorstep.
Speaker 6: We've got to build those careers.
Speaker 12: And we're a lot different club to a lot of other clubs that coaches get handed these marquee players.
Speaker 11: Have you ever wondered or thought about what you've given up as a result of this life? Has that crossed your mind?
Speaker 12: And it's more what the game has given me. My family have had to give up a lot for me to do this job. The camera Raiders have given me a life as a player, the opportunity to come back here and coach. They've given me a lot more than what I've given them.
Speaker 11: Do you think your family would if you just packed up and finished up? Would they be happy? Would they be sad that's over?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I don't think Kaylie had handled me at home for more than two or three days.
Speaker 11: You told by the boys that they needed you to be a lot more level with emotion. How have you found that this season?
Speaker 12: For them to come to their head coach and talk to them about areas that they need to see me improving, A lot of it is emotion. I think that's a part of the relationship. Was that's been builty?
Speaker 11: What was that like for you when they came to you? Did you know what they were coming to you about?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, I didn't.
Speaker 12: But yeah, it's it's criticism that's going to help you, if it's if it's going to help them, I've got a I haven't got a choice, But I actually haven't got a choice on the emotion either. It just comes out. But I've got to be better and better at times. But there's also motion that will never change. That's the top of blake I am, and they ain't going to change.
Speaker 11: So from what I heard that they came to you and said, need to be better when you lose, better when you win. Like is that the gist of the conversation.
Speaker 6: It was more better when you lose.
Speaker 12: You know, that's if you can't enjoy yourself after a win, I don't want to do the job. And that doesn't mean you have two or three days off work. There's areas there that after you win. There was times there where I mightn't be as hard on them after a winn as I was after a loss. So I've had to balance that and that's helped me this year because you know, we've had winds this year and I've ripped a noodle the next day. You also got to understand there's a lot of personalities that can't handle that. There's a lot of there's a lot of personalities that couldn't handle my emotions are for a loss.
Speaker 6: I've had to change that.
Speaker 11: You touched on what players can handle. How much has that changed over the years?
Speaker 6: Massive?
Speaker 12: What's the main difference oh self and toilerment? Sometimes the blacks you look after mostly you're down the most.
Speaker 6: And that's not just me.
Speaker 12: There'll be a lot of coaches, you know, if it's appreciated what you're doing for them, you keep working for them. And it's the guys that feels that you should be they're the ones I soon lose patients with what were you like after a loss?
Speaker 6: I'm better now on getting better.
Speaker 1: I just see Sticky having a laugh at himself. And isn't he having a wow season?
Speaker 2: Always so entertaining and watching him run up and down that sideline.
Speaker 1: He's had plenty of cheer about this year.
Speaker 2: That passion Gus, you know, well, that's one thing, as he really admits, will then be able to knock out of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're never going to change the fact that he's a fierce competitor. That will that will never ever change how he reacts to those emotions as something he's learned to do. They say he's mellowed. I wouldn't say he's mellowed. He's probably controlled it until a later time in the day. I love watching him with his son Jed getting that debut, and that was especially because he would have been really nervous about that game. He wouldn't have given him that game easily. You know, Jed really had to earn it, but he would have been a real dad on the sideline. They're hoping everything went good, and it did. Jed was really good, played real strong, scored a good try and did his job. Jef was that another club I he would have played the first ground already. Probably, there's no doubt the world. Ricky Stiel would not be a kiss of epotism. He would player.
Speaker 2: He's ready, mate, we need to give him a game. So stick is an amazing girl's touch point. For a few years had a lot to do with him, and I loved him as a characterfic fellow and I'm can say he's a very very hard man, but he's very very fair. You can you can go blah with him, have an aargument with him and will be forgiven later on.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing that's changed with him fair. I think he's become patient with talent, and patient with developing talent, and patient with his team. Where earlier in his career could be impatient with that sort of thing, He's become very patient with the younger blokes. He's very good from these days.
Speaker 2: All right, great chat, Jimmy, you and Ricky Stewart one on one there. But it is that time of the night for scuttle but Central and as always, you've got a fair bit you want to get through, so let's rip into it. Selwyn Cobbo at the Broncos, a lot of chat about his future.
Speaker 1: Where does it sit as we sit here tonight?
Speaker 11: Well, a bit of breaking news tonight that the Broncos are re signing Josiah carat Party on a two year deal. They've got Grant Anderson coming to the club from Melbourne next year. That speaks to the fact that Selwyn Cobbo is unlikely to be at the club beyond this year now. The Dragons met with him in Wollongong last week, he flew to Sydney met with the Dragons. They're waiting to see what the Broncos do. They want to make sure that he wants he's ready to leave Brisbane before they make him an offer. The Cowboys showed interest as well. They're talking about a short term deal if it was to become available the rest of this season, whereas the Dragons are looking at maybe eighteen months now. They do have the roster spot for this year. The Dragons they have had Ben Hunt and Francis Molo leave the club, so they got the money as well. They In a perfect world, the Dragons would get Shelwyn Cobo for this year, not to play fullback, to play center or wing. The Broncos, however, unlikely to entertain that before June thirty.
Speaker 1: At this stage, it's going to.
Speaker 11: Depend on what Selwyn Cobo does and how happy he is, because the mail out of Brisbane is that perhaps he isn't at the moment really happy with the way he's being treated by Michael maguire. Some of the things that have transpired with him playing reserve go to have the last year.
Speaker 1: So that's the issue.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like manages a hard tach as we know, he doesn't like that, or Madge doesn't like his training ability or.
Speaker 11: What's what's the whole well, I think he's been dropped because Madge doesn't see his performance as being warranting his selection right. But also he's off contract and the Broncos have clearly not made him a priority. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but they've obviously resigned other players signing j like Caraparni, Graan Anderson as well. So that leaves him in a situation where his future looks like it's not going to be a Brisbane and the Dragons are ready to pounce. Whether or not that Madge is willing to let your injuries can happen at any time. If you're a Brisbane and you think you're a chance at winning a title, then do you let him.
Speaker 5: Go this year?
Speaker 1: I don't think that's going to happen. Cameron Selwyn Cobbo. Is he a fullback, winger or a center?
Speaker 5: Well, he's done pretty good things on the wing.
Speaker 4: Hasn't he to start his career brace But like most players, most quality fullbacks, they tend to start their career.
Speaker 5: On the wing, play a bit of time in the centers.
Speaker 4: And you know, we've seen Selwyn spend a bit of time at fullback when Reese Walls has been off the field with some injuries, and he's done a fantastic job. He's a big body, he's built a lot like you know, sort of Greg Gingliss. I know that we've had a few players playing our game that have been likened to Greg Ingliss, but look at he is a wonderful player. I've actually worked with Selwyn a few years back when I was involved in the Maroons camp.
Speaker 5: But wonderfully talented player.
Speaker 4: It's unfortunate at the moment that he's just he's not in favor or not in form at the Broncos and he's playing reserve grades. So I think, you know, to Michael's point, I don't think Madge will let.
Speaker 5: Him go this year. There's no way. There's no way, because you've seen on the weekend.
Speaker 4: You know, when they hit some good form, they're as good as any team of the competition.
Speaker 5: So they're as good a chance as.
Speaker 4: Anyone in the comp right now to take out you know, this year's premiership. And Selwyn Cobbo, you know, you just don't know if Reese Walsh goes down. He was hobbling on the weekend pretty hand. He played to have there to come in and play fullback.
Speaker 1: Yep. Well more than that.
Speaker 2: Bronco has come back a little later in the show as well. Terrell Sloan another one whose futures up in the air at the moment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, played reserve grade on the weekend. I think he's got a double trell for the Dragons. Now his future at the club is uncertain. It's my understanding that in the next week or two the Dragons are gonna have a chat with him and his manager about him potentially exploring options elsewhere he's contracted and through to the end of next year on a dial around. I think it's five hundred plus. Terrell Sloan, who was signed under Anthony Griffin as the club's long term fullback Cuthas' is there at the moment. Obviously, we mentioned that they're looking at Selwyn Cobbo, so Tyrrell Sloane could be someone who falls out of the Dragon system. It's all about value for money, isn't it. So we talk about Cobbo. His manager was chasing seven figures for Sellon at the start of the season. Now what are the Dragons think he's worth? What the Dragons wanted to play center a wing? Do they get the same amount of value for five or six hundred thousand they would get at a Terrell Sloane. Well, the club feels as though potentially they get more out of Cobbo. So it's a juggling act. And unfortunately for toyre L Sloane, he hasn't been able to really so many spot in first grade under Shane flannagain.
Speaker 1: We know this talent there though.
Speaker 2: Now in amongst all the fuss surrounding the Purse Bears and a lot of over there during origin forgotten, this is the team that's coming in the following year P and G. But things are about to ramp up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, big announcement expected tomorrow and Andrew Abdo, Peter Blandy's they heading to P and G tomorrow. They're taking over the new chairman and they're going to announce the board tomorrow and the new chairman will be unveiled that his former Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib. He will take control of the P and G team alongside Andrew Hill. Is the CEO at P and G.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 11: Andrew Hill's actually the man that Ray Dib appointed to be CEO at the Bulldogs before his time at the club came to an and he's obviously had a successful run at the Bulldogs, got the club to a couple of Grand finals. Did a lot for the club, is it. Peter Blandy's always talks about can do man well if people get things done. That's someone like Ray Dip. He likes to get things done and get things done pretty quickly. So he'll head over and head up the P and G franchise. They have a lot to do new coach players, so it's going to be a lot to do. A general manager. Maybe they'll come after Gus Well, you worked with Ray Dibb. Well, didn't work with him directly. But at the same time, what is regae as an administrator in the game. What do you think you'll add to P and G.
Speaker 1: Experience? As you say, he's got a can do attitude. He's very very passionate, very well connected, very well connected. Ray did, very well connected. Okay, he'll be able to do things and make things happen. That's what they need. These expansion teams back on. Some teams scuttle.
Speaker 2: The Tigers, as we mentioned earlier, they've got manly this Friday night at the early.
Speaker 1: Game, but going to be without one of their best.
Speaker 11: Yes, Jerrem Bulla unfortunately picked up a hamstring injury in the last play of the game against the Raiders on the weekend. They're chasing this kick here from Jerome Loui. I don't know it's seen in the background. Bully pulls up a little bit lame there. Jerrem just on the inside there, so it doesn't look good.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 11: It's four weeks at this point for Jerrem, could be six. They're looking at that at the moment. So that's going to force a reshuffle in the West Tigers lineup for that game against Many this week. Heath Mason has been playing in the six, will probably move to fullback and gives a lot to finally a chance to play in the number six, which is exciting given the way he played in that second half of the Tigers. So unfortunate news for the Tigers has been a wretched run over the last week left, last month or so.
Speaker 2: So many plays in that squad. Tell him to silver one of them? Any clearer on his future?
Speaker 11: No, well, he's been given permission to look around. Tell him to silver. The club were made aware that if they re signed Appy Chorus Hour or if a happy was a priority, that he would like to move on. That's the indication that Appy Chorus, how has got such a close relationship with Benji's been great for the Tigers that he's going to be their priority and talent has been given permission to look around. The Cowboys have expressed interest, the Eels and the Knights. This is where it all started. The Knights were looking at him potentially to bring him across this year to help them out at the club. So inentually, what happens with this is a massive decision. You've got a guy who's got a ten twelve year future in the game and someone who's probably done it all in Happy, but he hasn't got long left. You know, You've probably got a couple more years after this contract at best for Happy. So I'm not sure what they do in this situation. Smithy, you were in this situation a few years back when you were playing. Brandon Smith was looking for an opportunity. The Storm had to work out whether they keep a veteran like you or someone young. What's your advice to the Melbourne Storm.
Speaker 5: To the Melbourne Storm on the west.
Speaker 11: He gave you advice In the Melbourne Storm they got rid of Brandon Smith.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got rid of me.
Speaker 4: It's look at it's purely individual circumstance, isn't it, Michael. You know with the Tigers at the moment, where how long does Appy have left? I'm not too sure, you know, without knowing precisely how happy he is feeling about his future, how long he's got left physically? Is he feeling great? Mentally, does he still want to compete and turn up to training and play on the weekends. It looks that way to me watching him play on the weekends. You know, he's been in their top handful of players for the entire year. So it's it's always a bit of a gamble, right, you know, banking your future on a young player, a player that's untried on the most part. But you know, I think, you know, they got some smart people operating, you know, the West Tigers at the moment tick with Benji heading.
Speaker 5: Up as head coach of that footage side.
Speaker 4: So we'll wait and see, maybe Abby plays out another few years there and they find that the Tigers find themselves in finance Contentionent.
Speaker 2: Cameron, were you ever on the front cover of Game an NRL game PlayStation.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was just more than once.
Speaker 2: I reckon you would have been, But you think I was just that just the once, just the once. I didn't know they put referees on the front.
Speaker 5: When I'm in studio.
Speaker 2: That one was for Gus Earlier. I asked, because your last night and the scuttle involves the.
Speaker 1: New NRL game.
Speaker 11: Ye, a bit of fun, the new n OL game.
Speaker 1: I think it's coming out in July.
Speaker 11: The n r L will give them the opportunity to select who would be on the front page. And I can tell you this, man, I don't think. I think it was a no brainer. Nate looks Cleary will be on the front cover of the NRL newest game. No surprise, it's their look. It is no surprise, but it's I guess it reflects how he has been in the competition over the last few years. He's the face of the game, and I think the NRAL didn't take long in making that decision.
Speaker 1: Scored a fair trying.
Speaker 5: O is the other night.
Speaker 2: Chip paper now before we wrap up the Sculler Art Central, our cash Converters conversion of the week, and this one it's Guss's man actually the one he wants to go in if, of course, Nathan might be there for Game three, but it sounds like he's a certainty.
Speaker 1: Adam Reynolds, no brainer for me. You were all sitting in shocked silence because you hadn't even thought of it. No one had even thought of it. But he's the number seven, clear, he's not avail, little general.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful kill.
Speaker 1: Bring him in for one little Alfie Langer moment right there? Could he used his goal kick in the other night too?
Speaker 11: Just quietly, yes, Michael, let's cuddle is that Nathan will be fine to play the Bulldogs this week.
Speaker 1: He's good to go. He'll be there Thursday night. What to blop us says one the eight and one is the Dogs, It is the Panther. It's Anny Early James, stay with us, just call me up here.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent forty after the break, god Father and the goat Plascal you're watching ahead of percent back after this.
Speaker 10: See they come Brisbane somewhere afternoon at home.
Speaker 11: Promised to pretty plan and were good put aside short sad Tamaki score for another.
Speaker 1: Stroke me, don't we pretty ordinary?
Speaker 11: Subnicola?
Speaker 5: We support.
Speaker 11: And I get a bit of confidence out of that.
Speaker 1: When we're down, we know we can fight back.
Speaker 5: Here great.
Speaker 1: Buck is up and run it.
Speaker 2: How discipline that is a dumb play, the discipline with the ball decision making, it's been poor their.
Speaker 11: Little space. What about this crowd who's got the front for the first time today?
Speaker 5: Why this is so?
Speaker 11: That's good? Pots, don't you. I'm going to address a discipline and at the moment we're not doing now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should be smiling.
Speaker 2: Madage twenty to twelve Down at the break and the Broncos at home on a Sunday, A go bang bang bang and not so.
Speaker 1: Much needed victory.
Speaker 2: Let's get stuck into that and plenty more right here, Footy, the Godfather and the Goat plus cow.
Speaker 1: Originally, when I saw that sign, I thought Gal was the goat. Oh, but then we've got a real goat.
Speaker 9: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't have the greatest of all Time? And I thought Cameron's on the panel that when it said goat, I thought this, man, Gal, are you stupid? You've ever seen what's that that? You're a goat? Yeah? Yeah, you're Cameron Smithier.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean greatest of all time? I mean goat.
Speaker 2: Okay, of course, God I love this show sometimes, Kemern, you kind.
Speaker 1: Of had to see it to believe it.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, this is the Broncos getting out of jail. Needed that one so so badly, and then a Shark's side that is just But you talk about preseason expectations of just under delivered in some particularly this middle Patch.
Speaker 4: Thing, Yeah, they have, and really it's just it's it's hard to comprehend where the Sharks are at at the moment, and particularly when you look at their footage side and there's.
Speaker 5: So much expectation.
Speaker 4: As you said, Brace, they just they can't put together eighty minutes at the moment. Either it's the first half blitz like they had on the weekend against the Broncos or the previous this week where it actually took them forty or fifty minutes to get going against the Dragons at Shark Park, and they put the Dragons to the sword in the second half.
Speaker 5: But what a turnaround it was in the second half.
Speaker 4: At one stage, what was it, twenty eight to twelve, thirty minutes to go in this game, the Sharks were leading, and then the Broncos they scored twenty four points in the last twenty five minutes. Of course, you Adam Reynolds was heavily involved. We've seen a bit of his goalkicking earlier on in the show. But amazing turnaround. If you create Fitz Gibbon and your Shark supporters, I'd be really concerned right now.
Speaker 2: Gal fifty summed up pretty well. The second half. The disciline was terrible, their ball control was terrible, But I don't think it just started from the weekend before. I think it's been going on for four or five weeks now. I don't think they've played with much intensity at all. I remember a game against a very young Ruster's side four or five weeks ago, with the Risks for forty one points against them. They played the Warriors at home, no intent. I was out of the game, no intensity whatsoever. There was no aggression, particularly offensively. The Warriors with thirty or forty on them first half against the Dragons, as we know, it was terrible. They probably got away with the under a little bit lucky the second half and got the win there, and then I gain on the weekend. There wasn't a lot of intensity in that match for me at all, even in the first half the start of setting out they led twenty eight points to twelve.
Speaker 1: They're still for me, wasn't as.
Speaker 2: Much aggression as I've come to know on the Shark side to produce. And I think when the Broncos got a bit of a stiff and the Sharks start making some errors and giving them penalties away, you know that they got a stiff and grew a leg and obviously scored twenty two one incoient points, so disappointing.
Speaker 1: If you're a sharky, how do they turn around?
Speaker 5: For me?
Speaker 2: They've got to find some energy and some aggression their defense. I just find they're not aggressive enough defensively. I haven't been around the club lot at the moment that this fight going on, so I haven't been around as much I want to be. I want to say, I can't wait to get back down there. But I just feel their intensity and matches at the moment is lucky. And again, as Fitzy said, did their discipline remarkably gast the Broncos at fifth?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's a crazy competition, yeah and crazy set that ladder a minute, But where are they on their day? Can they beat anyone in this competition? Absolutely? Yeah, without a doubt. I don't think anyone can beat anyone in this competition. I think it's far from decider at the moment.
Speaker 2: I mean I made a point the other day to say, at the start of the season, if you said to someone this is what the ladder is going to look like after round fifteen, and they'd a laughed at you, all right, So who's to say? Who can predict what the ladd is going to look like in another ten weeks, twelve weeks, you know, I could flip on its head, the whole thing. And we're seeing some of the teams emerge from the bottom now and showing really good form, the Sharks and the Broncos. I mean, that was a beautiful Sunday Sunday afternoon. Both teams are great attacking teams. They could throw the ball around. It seems like they reserved all their energy for when they're in possession. Neither team was reserving a lot for when they didn't have the ball, and it just seemed like a little bit of a shootout. I think they'll both get a lot out of that game going forward, even though the Sharks would be disappointed in the result, and I don't think the Broncos will be that enamored with their defense either, So I think both sides will know that they've got to improve that.
Speaker 1: All right now.
Speaker 2: Gus, you mentioned the ladder, so we're gonna have a squizze at it for this origin period so far from round Why are you looking at the ladder because it's fun to round sixteen. You know, I love talking about two points now here. It is ahead of the origin period, stay in particular, Look at the Panthers. They've gone from last to fourteenth after one round. Roosters on the march, another round goes Seagulls starting this slip, Cowboys out of the eight. Now Panthers on the cusp of it. Roosters are in and this latest round done and dusted, and there you go. Year four almost looks.
Speaker 1: Set Bronco Shark rooster, Panther in the eight. Did you arrange all that fancy stuff? It's one text message this morning right now. Tell me what we've just learned from that last two minutes. Well, the things change really quickly. Nothing from all of that.
Speaker 11: Penrith was seventeenth, now their eighth, and it was four rounds of footing.
Speaker 2: I told you, as soon as you win a couple of games, you leap frog everyone, and there's buys and two pointers and everything in there. I mean, Dolphins have won more games than Penrith at the moment, but they'll behlow and on the ladder.
Speaker 1: So you just can't be looking at the ladder all the time. You've got to look at form, how they're going, who they've got to play for the rest of the year. We're still going to get through this little Origin period. You've got to settle down, James.
Speaker 2: It looks right if you win through it for in a row, you'll let frog everyone frog. Every's a great exemple exactly. But with Gus as they throw buyers in that you got to go to games one. That's what we're going to look at games one, and you got to be around twelve games won by.
Speaker 1: The end of the season. I think they had the top eight somewhere around there. I reckon this this match the other night.
Speaker 2: I think everyone just expected it would be a Warrior a win, with all those players that were in Origin camp from Perth missing out, and yet there they are, the Pink Panthers doing what we know they can do, particularly the way.
Speaker 5: They were out standing Brace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were outstanding Brace, particularly the halves I thought Ta Lungey and Schneider I thought really stood up in the absence of Nathan Cleary.
Speaker 5: I had the Warriors well and truly winning this game.
Speaker 4: You know, they've been in great form, sitting in the sort of top two or three for the last month and sell our crowds.
Speaker 5: I was always going to be a difficult.
Speaker 4: Game on the road for the Panthers, they couldn't get their Origin stars over there. You know, we heard a little bit about that news last week. But impressive, impressive victory by the Panthers. Moses Leo to stop up front against his old mate James Fisher Harris, So that was a great battle in the two props, but really impressive.
Speaker 5: I thought, I thought the injury or you know, the setback.
Speaker 4: You could see Luke Metcalfe is carrying some sort of leg injury, you know, for the most part of that second half. I really thought that hurt the chances of the Warriors. He's been in dynamic form for the most part of this year. Set up another couple of tries on the weekend, but I think just when that when that leg injury or that issue arose, it really took him out of the game and really took the attack really away from what the Warriors had shown in the first half.
Speaker 5: But boy, it's a great competition. I was just looking out the ladder before.
Speaker 4: There's only one team well outside of the Titans, every other team are only two wins out of the eight.
Speaker 5: So the Bunnies on the weekend nearly got home against a storm.
Speaker 4: They'd be sitting close to the top eight now if they would have got that win, so it's a close.
Speaker 2: Comp I understand why the Pans be living upset with the scheduling. Two for this one, the Shock they play an Origin game O. They're in Perth and they've got to go travel in New Zealand, and then they played Thursday night against the Dog so their margin players.
Speaker 1: We've got to play three games in eight days.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of footy, sol I do understand why some clubs have a little bit of an issue.
Speaker 1: With some of the scheduling. Three points between eighth and sixteenth. I know I'm obsessed. We're so excited and I'm.
Speaker 2: So excited, but what are those other teams to move entertainment plus yesterday afternoon. I know it's against the Cowboy side that's battling at the moment, Gus, but just how far can the Roosters go this year?
Speaker 1: Said right from the start of the season. The Roosters have got a plethora of really good young talent there and they just need time at the crease. They need time in the top grade to keep getting better. And you can see it now. You know, I don't know what this said more about the Cowboys or the Roosters where they are at the moment. But the Roosters show they've got their own special brand of football. They score tries other clubs just can't score by the way they think about the game and the way they act. And they've got some outstanding young talent here. Forget about what they doing now, as I said earlier in the year, think about what these kids are going to be doing in three or four years time. This is the building of another premiership window here. They are really really talented young players.
Speaker 2: Daily chair Evans and be licking his lips at the caliber of player who's going to get to play with. And this is without Semmi Walker coming back after another month on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got crazy talent, no risk in the world, all right, find a lot of them. The agenda.
Speaker 2: We've got our decider. But it all came from the origin over in Perth. You were all there the Rugby League support cam. We had fifty seven thousand over there. Big melmoun Ingram was going around spooking the Bears doing his thing. Is there enough support there for the NRL's newest franchise to be success?
Speaker 5: Yeah, brace I think so, definitely. You know, I was over there on the Monday. We had one hundred percent footy from the stadium and getting around town speaking with all the locals. That's all they kept talking about was how excited.
Speaker 4: They were about the Bears coming over to Perth and not far away from entering the NFL competition only a couple of years. Big Mal he was over there spreading the word of rugby league with the new CEO as well. I think I think YouTube brace you had a few functions of couple of cashi's. I reckon, it's a loose coin. I reckon, we're over there too, mate. But look, yeah, look it was fantastic. You know that they loved the game of rugby league. I think that showed with how many people turned up to watch State of Origin. They loved the event, they loved the sport, and on top of saying how excited they were about the team coming across the Perth, you know, having the Bears and having a team of their own, was that they were just great that rugby league was back in w A. You know, they're hungry for the sport and they want to see it grow, you know, tremendously over the next few years.
Speaker 2: I got the same opinion. I thought the same thing, But I still think they're going to have to have success. If they're losing week in week out, absolutely struggle. But I think everyone loves a winner. If they're winning games, they'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm all for it. I was sad that they got dropped out in the Australian rag Vy League thirty odd years ago. I've done a lot of work in building Perth and building a base there and eventually put a team there in nineteen ninety five and the game was, as we know, hijacked at that time and Super League came in and there was a whole lot of doing and throwing and they threw it out. When we got down with the two competitions come back together, it was very, very sad. We should have Curse and Beard. God knows where Western Australia where that team would be nowadays, if they're still there, but we got rid of them. It's a little bit late to be going back there. But let's hope in the next thirty years we're not saying the same thing.
Speaker 2: They're never baby, all right. Moving on from the good Father the Goat and gal Onto our amphole power surge podium, and I'll tell you what, We've got some good moments from the weekend that was.
Speaker 9: To have a look at.
Speaker 2: There's always great highlights coming out of a Raiders game. This one not with the ball, but rather the defense. Kayo Weeks here, Cam brilliant. That's desperation. How did he not get that over Cameron?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I still don't know. He's a special for scoring tries from their dream buller. But I'll tell you what good teams, the best teams, their defense is as good as their attack.
Speaker 2: It's all about the d as they say these days. The next one was the match winner for the Newcastle Knights. Brody Jones goals yeah, Jesse, okay does me got the bench for them?
Speaker 1: But their big winning the back end of the game for them. The hammer. The hammer.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, I haven't seen him playing many bad games of hammer. I thought there was two or three tries, but he's a fullback. They want to totally blame him, but I thought he could have covered a little bit harder with his attacking the ball on a couple of kicks and that tried to dry there probably caught the bombs so anyway is what it is.
Speaker 1: They had a good win.
Speaker 2: The night's worn on top of the party in Cargo Pass Alex Johnston, he's an hour on record watch to meet the great Kennervine.
Speaker 1: He picked up four gus. Yeah, well if he keeps going to the current place and score three hundred, absolutely brilliant. Latrell Mitchell just kept putting it on a platter for him. Fancy scoring four tries and losing the game.
Speaker 5: That's that's the crime.
Speaker 1: It was hard to celebrate once you lose the game. But amazing performance by South Sidy. They should have won. If they should have won, it's almost like score more tries and still losing like Orange, It's like it's like scoring a fair trying. How you get this up? You put that one with us out town Top three coming up right after this shore Welcome back tam Top three time and we're going for the tries of the round.
Speaker 2: Plenty of goodies, Cam first cap off the rag sewer fun.
Speaker 1: How long ago I know how good he is cracking?
Speaker 5: How good is he he's put it.
Speaker 4: He's put a couple of these efforts on this year, coming from the wing, coming from fullback.
Speaker 5: That's on there he tips all.
Speaker 4: Wishy over but just out and out superstar can break the line from anywhere and very dangerous.
Speaker 5: From his own end.
Speaker 1: So it's really important. Melbourn Weekend's still Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Melbourne boy, yeah.
Speaker 2: Us Latrell you mentioned it before putting this one on a platter too.
Speaker 1: Brilliant absolutely brilliant vision, wonderful execution. Look at that great work by the wing and to get there and if he kicks the goal, they win. Oh he missed the goal. Let's read brilliant vision there by the trail. That's a great great shot there.
Speaker 2: Well, monay with the try and then the Roosters Harlem globe trot the rest of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yesterday against the Cows.
Speaker 2: Lord, we'll just out of before they just score tries the other's cars that bats it back in. Think of that, what a try gets over in the corner. But Gus said before they scored try, the other team just can't score. They had a lot of ability and they're going really well at the moment.
Speaker 1: They're surprising me. I've got to say that not only did he score the try when he got tackled up field, he was put in the third row of the grand stand he had to get back into the field to play. He saw the jogging down be and all of a sudden the ball ends up in his hands. Again. He's phenomenal this play. He is absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Signy the year Mark and I need to, I say, for the chilies, stay with us. We're going to wrap things up without victions for Beanie for brain cans around.
Speaker 1: On the other side of this, Gay welcome back.
Speaker 2: Our tips for Beanie for brain cans around.
Speaker 1: Cameron, who you got?
Speaker 5: I'm going Dog Raider and going upset Titans.
Speaker 1: Oh Gal, I'm go. I'm Panther Raidar Titans. Gus your games on nine Raider Cowboy, Oh yeah, Dog.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: Don't forget beany for.
Speaker 2: Brain cancer around this weekend. Head to Mark Hughes Foundation dot com dot a you to get yours. Thank you, Cameron, thank you, Thank you, guys, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.