Speaker 1: Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Do you remember?
Speaker 1: Do you remember the things that they did when dear old Daddy was only a kid?
Speaker 2: The flapper hat, sand Derby sends backs.
Speaker 3: Do you remember.
Speaker 1: When? Do you remember the Dixie Land jail, the biod rasing, the task you brought.
Speaker 4: Your back, the ball and the jack.
Speaker 2: Do you rememberber when all all those good old lads in a hero and home a all yes, sir, those good old lad knocking on.
Speaker 1: The doors, when Joe send me? Do you remember bird the vamp was the range and little Jolly was king of the stage. The cats, that's first women, that's do you remember when?
Speaker 5: Hello there, welcome my head, friends are falling in. Hello, it's good to be here. Hello Andrew McLaren.
Speaker 6: Hello Simon, how good to see you and be with you tonight. It's been an absolute.
Speaker 7: Hive of activity.
Speaker 6: We got to say, but this is the short and sweet, remember when this is I believe what management want more of?
Speaker 7: Yes about you know about a five minute remember when? And the rest footy? But I impact, Yeah, that's what we thought to think. Now.
Speaker 5: So we some months ago, when you and I started, we happened to stumble onto the fact that we both make very good tunic cast roles. Yes, and we suggested that it would be a fun thing if one of us was to make it, that would let the other know and then we'll do a tunic casole taste test, bake off or whatever. We've done that it's here and now in front of us.
Speaker 6: So what we've just rushed, literally, we have just rushed from the all those little things, the kitchen nett no, the things we put them into, heat it up, the.
Speaker 7: Micro thank you, Yes, the new text.
Speaker 3: It alludes you, doesn't new technology?
Speaker 6: Those damn well, let's remember when we don't talk about those things. It is a magnificent Yours looks much better than mine.
Speaker 5: Well, now what we're going to do. Mark Desenko is paneling for us tonight. Ben's got the night off because Dos was working on footy. So Dos is going to join us. Doss, I might get you to come into the studio because what I'm going to do. Dos doesn't know which one is which.
Speaker 6: No, he has been in another studio monitoring football, so he doesn't know anything.
Speaker 7: Much to you, Hello, good evening to you very much. Yes, now is the fader up for that mic?
Speaker 3: If you whack that micro on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, yeah, just whip out of the controllers. They're going to get your favor up.
Speaker 5: So we will be with remember when we should explain what's going to happened tonight where this this half hour is sort of a bit disposable, as it were, because the greatness of Kevin Trask will join us at eleven and do the eleven o'clock out.
Speaker 6: And whiskers into the time time title. In the meantime, this is the great challenge. Now, Mark, we want honesty.
Speaker 8: I show you this, am I audible yet we can hear you. Now there's tunic clashes the tuners.
Speaker 5: If you want some lemon juice, you want lemon juice, just sprinkle please.
Speaker 6: Like all good judges, you freshen your pellet between tastings.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, so I cooked, So I cooked mine earlier in the week with my daughter Felicity, and it's mine's being frozen and then the thought out. So I'm a little concerned that mine might be up to scratch that.
Speaker 7: We'll just give a running commentary at this point.
Speaker 5: Where's this, No, that's a clean fork and a clean plate. And yeah, yep, Mark's steady hand is now the dollar notes from me as we have the it's reluctantly.
Speaker 7: I need well here, use this other form.
Speaker 6: Someone sticking to the four having a taste there. His face is intense, doesn't it look at that?
Speaker 7: Simon? I'm impressed.
Speaker 8: I've never had this with bread crumbs before.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, that's different.
Speaker 3: So you like the bread crumbs.
Speaker 7: That's a good sign.
Speaker 3: That's a good sign.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 7: Can I have a moment to just yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: Do you need something to cleanse the palate?
Speaker 3: Talking about yourself? Do you need a spittoon?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 4: So I have to think about this to be honest.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 8: So and you want brutal honesty, don't you, yes.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, but they've got to taste the other one for before any sort of honesty.
Speaker 8: Please, in your honesty, and some pastor some noodle.
Speaker 3: In there as well.
Speaker 7: There's noodles in one of them.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm a fan.
Speaker 8: Okay, number two, Number two fought goes down.
Speaker 11: This one looks better. It's well better presentation. Okay, And you do eat with your eyes?
Speaker 3: Yes, so I've.
Speaker 7: Been Okay, it goes.
Speaker 3: You can stick if you've got lemon juice on it.
Speaker 7: His lips are twisting a little. I don't have to see enjoyment or someone. What do you think?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, oh, I corned a copy of Flavors.
Speaker 8: Oh it's just went bang in my mouth.
Speaker 7: Okay, I like that one. That's good.
Speaker 11: Yeah. If I had to pick a favorite, and my god, by the way that you are both looking at me, I do not wish to pick a favorite.
Speaker 7: You have to, buddy, you have to. You have to be honest.
Speaker 3: There's got to be a winner in the water predicament.
Speaker 8: And damned if I do, and damned if I don't, I'd have to go with the second one.
Speaker 7: The second one.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I've always got upset somewhere.
Speaker 4: Thank you, do.
Speaker 6: Come back to your work, because it's a food, all right, enjoy Oh, thank you for nothing.
Speaker 5: I will come and grab the lemon juice in the next break, because I want to have a bit of this as well.
Speaker 7: And I want to taste yours too. Andrew, Now, but please do explain what you said some who won, as everyone's guessed.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, what happened was I dried mine out?
Speaker 7: I overcooked?
Speaker 6: Yes, I got distracted and now I was Oh my goodness, what should have been cooked for twenty minutes? My tuna morning was on for forty five fifty maybe an hour.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I rushed to the oven. It's like it didn't catch yes.
Speaker 5: Because I must say, it does look a little dry on top of it. When I was when I was spooning it out, there was not a lot in the way of moisture.
Speaker 7: So that's very unfortunate. It is.
Speaker 5: It's because it does look quite lovely.
Speaker 7: I will say. I would have thought. I was so hoping it was going to win tonight, and I thought, do you want to have a taste of mind?
Speaker 6: Well, no, I just I can't have thought of it now, so not your not your tuna, just the whole thought of eating.
Speaker 7: Now I've suddenly gone sad and cold on everything.
Speaker 5: But in fairness, yours does look delicious. It's just a little dry through an error.
Speaker 7: But I'm a loser. And you know I can see it in your eyes too. You were looking at me like you know.
Speaker 5: I'm very happy for my mum because it's my mum's It was my mum's recipe handed down to me. She had to, she had to read it out over the phone whilst I wrote it down. And I've been making that it's the only meal I can actually make.
Speaker 6: And let me tell you something. I have let down the McLaren's.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you have a fork full during the during the break, will I will.
Speaker 7: Join the break.
Speaker 6: But let me tell you I've I've my grandmother. I went Tuna mornings are so much a part of the They're in my dna. My grandmother used to dive off and killed the beer just with a knife between her teeth and come up with a tuna.
Speaker 5: She used to wrestle bears. You were catching your grandmother used to catch the tuna as they were going upstream. She'd stand there in the waterfall.
Speaker 7: That's salmon. But anyway, it doesn't matter, oh is it?
Speaker 3: I don't like fish to you now, I'm not much of a.
Speaker 7: Fish for best.
Speaker 5: No pessicatorials for you, now, okay, so we should have a credit here for the weekend wrap. No, it's not there. It's wrong. It's art's labeled as weekend wrap. It it's something else, all right, So we don't have a who was it for though? For the blind factory? Didn't say the weekend wrap for the blind Factory? How was your weekend?
Speaker 7: Andrew?
Speaker 6: It's at first I put the microphone on. It's been fine, a little cold, I sort of stayed inside. I walked the farthest i've walked, just to try and lose some weight. Yeah, in sorry, oh years the other day yesterday in fact, Yeah, I just thought I'll just keep going and going, and where you lost.
Speaker 7: I've been lost for forty years, buddy. I haven't told anyone yet, but no, I just walked. So what about you?
Speaker 5: Well, I worked yesterday, So what have I done?
Speaker 3: That's been interesting?
Speaker 5: Because I did submit Dawns for Tony McManus earlier in the week. Then I've really only just I've just been working at home doing bits and pieces. I did go and see a movie, but I've spoken about that at length, A lovely movie called Ancestry Road, Australian made movie. Please support it, but I won't go on about it. So I've done that in the last night or two. Other than that, I've got nothing really to report. Don't we lead interesting lives?
Speaker 6: And I'm just an empty shell after what's happened in the last five minutes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, let's get a break out of the way and we'll come back. We've got moreve and purpose to squeeze in this half house, so we better get to that. On the other side of this, I'll tell you what opposite. The main gate had fault in the cemetery. I think you're going to guess what I'm going to say. I think you're going to be talking about Cameo memorials Andy.
Speaker 6: Indeed, I am always been there and they always care. They have been there since eighteen seventy four, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Yes, I wonder what's under the floor, you know when they used to just build stuff on top of everything else. Yes, what's under the floor at came Memorials. I've been there since eighteen seventy four.
Speaker 6: Interesting point, it wasn't back corners and all that sort of stuff of the premises I have.
Speaker 7: I've got to be very honest. I have never seen the premises.
Speaker 5: No, I've never been to Faulkner Cemetery.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Most of the people I know are alllive.
Speaker 6: No, I've been there to visit my grandfather. He's buried there anyway. But we're moving on building monuments to individual criminals sector, the criminal sex Pentridge Corner they call it. It is built without benefit of clergy, buried without benefit of clergy. That was how they used to phrase it.
Speaker 7: Building monuments to individual needs and respecting your wishes.
Speaker 6: You know, Camera Memorials are very proud of the service they provide and they understand just how important and sensitive it can be.
Speaker 5: Yes, and that's why they've been in business that long and still going today, because they are so good at what they do, you just can't fault them at all. They offer memorials, plarques, fountains, mantlepieces in all sorts of stars, the Asian, Jewish, Islamic and Orthodox. And don't forget those carved statues too, Andrew.
Speaker 6: That's right, a large section of calf statues and all sizes are available to even for criminals. Okay, So go to cameover there and if a quest of Cameo can restore and maintain memorials for you and your family over the years, over the decades.
Speaker 5: Exactly so, for affordable prices, senior's card discounts that's important and caring guidance, make it Cameo memorial Why don't you go.
Speaker 7: To Cameo Memorials dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Andy, it's time for the Mervinpurverse quick quiz. Now we should explain because a couple of weeks ago we decided to reintroduce the Mervin Purvis Quick Quiz because we've got thousands of them archived basically, but we've been playing it in the last hour at around about quarter to twelve, so this is very early to hear an episode of Mervin's Quiz. So if you normally listen at this time, you'd be listening for Kevin Trask. He'll be on after the News tonight because we've had the late start. By the way, what a great job the footy team did.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I'm sorry we haven't acknowledged them all and they're so very good at promoting us and we're just ignored.
Speaker 6: If you're listening, guys, apologies on Bath for both seven the Night.
Speaker 5: Yes, we deeply regretful, come and have some tunic gasearrole on us. So we've been normally playing in an hour from now, but we're going to play a bit tonight here at this time. So if you do enjoy this, that's your impetus? Is that the word to be listening in future weeks? Next hour?
Speaker 7: Yes? Please?
Speaker 3: Is that the right word? Impetus?
Speaker 7: That's close enough. Yeah, that that is that's appropriate word? Would you use?
Speaker 5: How do we to encourage people to listen.
Speaker 6: Next to trigger point, Buddy, let's talk corporate.
Speaker 7: He is with us, he is magnificent. He is the immortal Morven who wants to be.
Speaker 12: Everywhere, b who wants the father of the country estate.
Speaker 5: A country estate is something i'd hate.
Speaker 10: A gentleman of the pedal. It's your tough, but you're strong, quiz master John D's Are we.
Speaker 4: All quite likable too?
Speaker 10: Oh well, there's a gentle side to me which you don't see often.
Speaker 4: You're a pussy cat.
Speaker 10: Actually, I'd like to have you over for a barbecue, the whole cast one day with you.
Speaker 4: Mister.
Speaker 10: Never had you anyone to my home, but I'd love to make you very welcome.
Speaker 13: Do you know that sets my Louis armstrong, which very hurt that bing Casby never asked him to his home.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Indeed, I've had such a at my home.
Speaker 4: You'd beat the opening of an envelope.
Speaker 3: What do you live in, mister D's.
Speaker 10: I live about Preston Ware. I'll take a little thirteen trand on High Street, that's the separation street.
Speaker 3: I'm in the eastern suburbs. I'll get a camp come over.
Speaker 10: Viol means that'd make you very welcome.
Speaker 4: It's a bit fair for me.
Speaker 7: It's g I do.
Speaker 10: I bring my own if you like, but i'll have some there.
Speaker 4: I won't be there.
Speaker 13: I don't believe in socializing with people I work with.
Speaker 10: Yes, I've heard it's worked for you in the past.
Speaker 4: It spoils that magic spark.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, that's right. You And who was your great friend at Toorney Barber? You hit it off well with him.
Speaker 4: Toney's a wonderful human being.
Speaker 10: Let's get down to syntax here. For what is Elizabeth Fry best remembered?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: She invented Lamb's Fry.
Speaker 10: No lose ten on that, No twenty for that insolence.
Speaker 4: She is a play right, she was very very good. She was a nurse. No.
Speaker 10: Yes, known for prison reform. What did Lloyd George call mister Belfer's poodle.
Speaker 4: Doggie Pop?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: Losing ten points all over here? Film the half of Lords House of Lords is right? What kind of canary is in the wilders?
Speaker 4: Green? Red?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: I can't accept any of those.
Speaker 4: Orange.
Speaker 10: No, a greenish brown.
Speaker 4: A greenish brown until the orange, isn't it? Well?
Speaker 10: A greenish bran? No changes when they when they get into hibernation.
Speaker 13: Are they chimeleons about how many people could feed off an ostrog egg, a single ostrich egg omelet?
Speaker 7: How many people?
Speaker 4: Five and a child?
Speaker 3: I'd say about six people.
Speaker 4: I'd say again, I'd say twelve, twelve. It is correct.
Speaker 13: I know because I love ostrich eggs and I always have enough left over for the next eleven meals?
Speaker 4: What is your main old?
Speaker 10: Yes, like the pizzas on a Sunday night. Which which is your main? Did you call me? What did you say? I'm answering the question that you haven't asked.
Speaker 3: Which that means he can see the questions just a moment.
Speaker 10: Are you looking over my shoulder.
Speaker 7: He's giving you the answer to questions?
Speaker 10: Which is your main olifactory organ?
Speaker 7: You knows he was?
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 10: No, he didn't because I didn't have a turnover.
Speaker 3: No, but he said nose. He said, to your nose the question on the factory. I didn't hear the questions. You see, Well, so who loses ten?
Speaker 10: He gets twenty for your insolence? Okay, how do you pronounce.
Speaker 4: S I n h shane shinin I n h shin lose ten?
Speaker 10: All of you, Shine, Shine, Shine, who composed dead leaves for the piano who composed dead Leaves.
Speaker 4: For the piano. Yes, I have that record that he is dead leaves and roots by ravel.
Speaker 10: No lose twenty for slight dirtiness.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have no idea. I would never clue.
Speaker 10: Yes, pussy.
Speaker 3: Hang on, isn't isn't that what that guy used to call that guy's dog?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, no, he called.
Speaker 3: The cat that there's the pussy.
Speaker 10: Oh dear laughter from the box.
Speaker 4: That should have been the highlights, maybe even the primo.
Speaker 10: By the way, where would you find a fairies ring? Come on?
Speaker 3: If you pick up the fairy come on?
Speaker 4: Where on the moon under a tree where they grow?
Speaker 10: Measuring need? The circle of fungui?
Speaker 3: That's right. I think I was right.
Speaker 10: The traces, the traces of darker green lift in the grass by a circle of fungi.
Speaker 7: How many how many wings?
Speaker 10: Has a b quickly?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 10: Who said four?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 7: Alright?
Speaker 10: Twenty for you that's good and ten off for these? What does kenny mean?
Speaker 4: Place the diamond?
Speaker 14: Diamond, diamond loose ten it's a form of it's a part of a tree, and.
Speaker 10: It's mounted of that.
Speaker 4: That's what the diamond was called.
Speaker 10: What is a masterodon?
Speaker 5: A master it's an elephant, it's it.
Speaker 10: How did you know that?
Speaker 14: Because I have a DVD at home Elephants and mastodonsumentary from the Discovery Channel.
Speaker 10: Panel where you take so much umbrage when I say, how did you know that? Oh, I've got a DV deal it's all about elephants.
Speaker 4: But you know they're now extinct and they had.
Speaker 7: Big horns, big francisses.
Speaker 3: Who are you describing now?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 10: Ten points to you? What is the characteristic smell of a hydrogen cyanide? Not rotten eggs?
Speaker 4: Ms? Almonds?
Speaker 10: How did you know that?
Speaker 4: I know because I've put some in your spizzer.
Speaker 3: You so don't you eat any of that? Spezzare?
Speaker 4: Give that to.
Speaker 10: Cut on please? Bitter almonds? Yes to a g insect family? Does the ladybird belong quickly a beetle? The beetle family?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Ahead, tonight.
Speaker 10: He should have lose them very quickly. Worth one more of the.
Speaker 3: States he lose points for showing off, mister d twenty points take the him.
Speaker 10: What percentage of British men have no teeth?
Speaker 3: Four percent, eight percent, seven and a.
Speaker 10: Half twenty four percent?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: On which are running out of Thomaster d what's the scot Well.
Speaker 14: Phillips just dropped a minus ninety ian on minus forty. I was also on minus forty. Men went on sixty points. No, it is good fun, isn't it. The Mervyn purpose quick quiz age is not with it.
Speaker 7: At all, has it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I do preview them before we put them to air because there are some bits in there that wouldn't sit comfortably today.
Speaker 7: And is that slightly irritating at times?
Speaker 6: I was in conversation with a lady the other day who kept on saying, well, kept on two or three times during the conversations, Oh, of course you can't say that today, And then about ten minutes later on another topic, it shouldn't be saying those things today.
Speaker 7: Hang on, what is the matter? What's happened here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're just talking to somebody, you can say whatever you like. It's only people over here that it becomes a problem.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, and it should. Maybe that shouldn't be so anyway. I don't know. It's just Andrew's a little desk stumper there.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 5: I tend to agree, and I think you can say almost anything you want provided you are in your like company and no one's going to be offended. I love politically incorrect humor. I really love dark humor. The Doug Anthony All Stars one of my favorite comedy acts of all time. And they did some wonderful stuff about David Koresh and the branch Davidians in Waco, Texas.
Speaker 7: And yes they did, they did, and it's wonderful. And you wonder if that get sadly, you wonder if they'd get away with it.
Speaker 5: Paul McDermott still does. But Paul, like Ricky Gervais and and who's the other guy, the English guy who had all the plastic surgery. I can't remember his name. He hosts one hundred and monk Ats or whatever. That show's called Jimmy Jimmy Carr.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 5: They say some terrible things, but they know who their audience is, and their audience knows who they are, so they're what they call three percenters. Ninety seven percent of the world might say.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's not good.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I don't approve of that, but three percent of the world love them, and that's where they make their career.
Speaker 6: There's a guy called Quindale Little America. You can seek him out on YouTube. Look out for him Quindale. If you want some politically incorrect he's American. Yes, he's if you're looking for something, but completely irreverent and at times you WinCE.
Speaker 7: But he's current.
Speaker 6: He's doing stand up now and it's what he says about Mexicans and other ethnic groups.
Speaker 7: In America is wow. Yes, and he somehow is getting away with it.
Speaker 5: There's a guy I follow on one of the social media channels and he does very politically in correct humor and his delivery is just magnificent.
Speaker 3: He is brilliant.
Speaker 7: There's Tony McManus. Tony speaking of brilliant delivery.
Speaker 5: Here he is ready to go, and there's chocolate in the kitchen too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Please please to see this the Cadbury version of the mass Bar, and I'm finding them very entire, the Morrow Bar, and I'm unfamiliar with them and they're quite something.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tony joins us, has.
Speaker 15: Been a very funny half hour because it clearly you had nothing planned and I love it.
Speaker 4: Nervous purvises is interesting.
Speaker 7: It's radio goal.
Speaker 4: It is radio goal.
Speaker 7: No, we were going to try and fit in the montage.
Speaker 5: We had our tuna bake off weekend rap and Mervyn so we had a lot of planned.
Speaker 15: Sorry for Andrew because I could hear the dismay as the coming down through the rain of the Monactually, I'm.
Speaker 4: Thinking you're poor and his little his little dish has been discarded.
Speaker 7: All sorry. Your face is gleeful. I'm a broken man. Well done, Simon, thank you. I'm very kind.
Speaker 3: I should have saved you some.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry I didn't go after the news.
Speaker 5: Kevin Trask will be here with Trask Stime tunnel.
Speaker 1: These are these we remember.
Speaker 16: The clip clup of the Milkys, the morning sun comes up top of pops and it's ice cream, and dixis in a cup, ball in motion, fies and the boonray books and brushes and that amazing test when Australia retained the eshes.
Speaker 4: These are the things that we remember.
Speaker 17: The holidays and seafood, two miles and miles of the tram lines around black Rock and Morris by.
Speaker 16: The day, the football, Frosty Miller and free Call and they.
Speaker 7: Comes and Scouts and girl free day board.
Speaker 2: That these are the pensive Remember.
Speaker 7: That our number two, the final hour of Remember when for tonight Andrew. It's been a long haul, but we've got there.
Speaker 5: It's been tough going. I'm exhausted. I don't know about you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at the end of the tether. But there's a little light at the end of the tunnel. And I know what that light's called, don't you.
Speaker 7: Well, I know what that.
Speaker 5: Tunnel is called. It's Trask's Time Tunnel, which will be along shortly. But the host of Trask's Time Tunnel, Kevin Trask, is here.
Speaker 3: Hello, Kevin, Hello, boys, great to see you. Issue work really hard in that last half hour. That was flat out good work, by the way, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: In fact, I think we're deserving a payrise.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I'm more interested in the I want to get a RAH Award is yes, Yes, I'm desperate for one.
Speaker 5: You know, we were stopped from entering why previous management before nine took us over. What previous management said, you can't have Bruson Phil entering the RAH Awards because if they win and Ross and John don't. It was Ross and John at the time. What does that say about our breakfast show? So Bruce and Phil were banned from entering the.
Speaker 7: RAA that doesn't sound right.
Speaker 5: Well, because it was best on our team? Was what you were going for? And that was up against our breakfast show, and Bruce and Phil did win best on our team several times. Yes, so it's a management in Sydney. Previous mob said no, you can't. You can't enter because it would be wrong if you beat Ross and John.
Speaker 6: Course I didn't realize that's all happened. All the machinations ain't.
Speaker 5: And I take the John Laws approach. I just want to give the little people a go, so I don't enter.
Speaker 7: Kevin, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, thank you, All things considered, I've just driven through seventy four thousand people outside the MCG to get here tonight.
Speaker 7: I hope you got a bull bar now.
Speaker 3: Everybody was having a good time all oh, but I don't think there and the supporters was that happy. But the Carton supporters certainly were.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yes, I got a mention. Have we got your little weekend thing? Well, first we've got to ask have you seen any shows?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: I actually happened to know nothing. Nothing to report on that front. All right, Well, in that case, it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I remember when it's time for who died?
Speaker 4: Kevin?
Speaker 7: Have we lost anyone? Kevin? Did anyone come underlike with.
Speaker 3: The deepest sympathy. We announced the passing of Ian Crawford at the age of didn't you know, No, I didn't at the age of ninety one. You had him on as a guest. Not that long of you, No, how long do you think.
Speaker 5: It was within the last twelve months.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, I'm sure it was too. He started out as a cameraman on in Melbourne Tonight, a g DV channel known and back in those days, and then when Homicide came out became successful, they said you'd better get back and help the family with all this drama and everything. And what a mighty job that Crawford's did over the years. They had so many shows. He was actually the son of Dorothy Crawford and the nephew of Hector Crawford. Yes, but he was such a big part of it all because he directed, He was involved in script writing everything you can imagine with their productions. Ian did and he would do Prabi's talks in recent times and go around and tell the people about it. I never went to one. I'd love to have gone to a same It was a shame. But I'm an amazing man and he'll.
Speaker 7: Be sort of sort of like the historian of Crawford's as well.
Speaker 3: In that sense, well, Crawford's was sold off and the family sort of moved away from it a bit because Hector died. So Dorothy, but he's sort of like when we spoke to him, it was usually about the history of the place. Yes, yes, he is an expert on the Keeper of great knowledge just simply through being there and Begger part of it. So very sad for the family that's passing at the age of ninety one. In Crawford. He was a legend in Australian television. Yeah, that's very sad. And the other one is Peter Jones who passed away keyboard play, musician, arranger, composed and produce it with LB on recordings Crowded House, Sandy Show. He also released jazz recordings. He was quite a a very significant force in the industry and Peter Jones will be sadly missed.
Speaker 7: Varlet How old was he.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but I would imagine around sixties somewhere in a too young well, I'm not sure on that point. Yeah, it could be a touch older.
Speaker 5: If he was working with the LRB sort of in the big days, I would imagine so he's probably nudging seventy if not on it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that's that's two very sad losses this week. There are two very sad losses to Australians.
Speaker 7: Well, there we go.
Speaker 5: Anything else before we get you can get to the time tunnel.
Speaker 3: I can't think of anything interesting happening in my love it's pretty boring. My family overseas and I'm batching. So there's me and the dog. I could ask him if he's got anything to contribute, bring it in next.
Speaker 5: Week, for like, do you want some of Andrew's tuna cass all the time?
Speaker 3: Enough for the dog? He's not let to have little special treats like garlic and onion and things like that.
Speaker 5: I was actually thinking it was fit for human consumption.
Speaker 7: Obviously, you know something.
Speaker 3: I thought it was dog food. You're talking about the.
Speaker 7: Lovely tuna bake.
Speaker 5: If you're wanting to throw it at a dog.
Speaker 7: You see the real sight of people sometimes.
Speaker 5: Don't Just if I were you, Andrew, I am, buddy.
Speaker 7: Don't worry, but revenge will be meet it out in time.
Speaker 5: Twenty odd years of the Time tunnel, and it could all be.
Speaker 3: Tonight a late start. We could wrap it all up at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 7: We'll take a break while I cool down.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's time to go back and remember the events to.
Speaker 7: The soundtrack of our lives. We've trasks time time.
Speaker 18: Yeah, ah, yes, indeed it's that time where that's sort of.
Speaker 7: Snitchy.
Speaker 3: Old keV comes to the microphone and there's revenge time.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, an.
Speaker 6: Old thespian wanted so much from life and didn't get it and pays out on people, and now time for him to go back to what years at this time?
Speaker 3: keV, Well, it's the old nineteen fifty five glory. How were you in nineteen fifty five?
Speaker 7: And no, I wasn't even born. I just loved, Hey, what are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything.
Speaker 6: What I enjoy is just hearing you two old guys, Simon and you Reminissa, with all the anecdotes about that era.
Speaker 7: It's wonderful. Yeah, have fond memory. I'm looking forward to this because to me it's all a blank canvas.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, but it won't be by all about twelve o'clock.
Speaker 7: I'll feel I'm part of fifty.
Speaker 3: Five Old fifty five, that's you, Andrew Old fifty five that's me. Well, what happened here in nineteen fifty five is Johnny Cash went on radio for the first time. It's one of those low banned radio stations in Memphis, Tennessee, and it was a Saturday afternoon show and he did everything he did the ads, yeah, asking people to call in. We're going to sing a song we'd like to hear from you. But the highlight of this piece is we have Johnny Cash introducing Johnny Cash sings a song, and I've toiled in the end of the program where they're announcing a show that Johnny Cash is going to be on, and also the it's squeezed in there is a that's called Elvis Presley, he said, and he starts talking about there ten year old boys going to play the drums on Elvis will be on. And then if you listen to this, it is hysterical because Elvis was just studying to be you know, popular around about that time in nineteen fifty five. So let's have a listen.
Speaker 9: To her, folks.
Speaker 19: This is our first time to be coming out your way by way of radio, and we sincerely hope you'll enjoy our program. If you do, we hope you'll write us a card or a letter telling us so, and maybe we can do your favorite song for you. Sometimes with nothing, we'd like better if we can, if we know what, If we don't know what, we'll try to learn it for you. This program is brought to you by Home Equipment Company twenty five twenty nine, Summer Avenue right here in Memphis. We'll tell you more about Home Equipment Company in a minute, but to get things rolling here, we want to do one of our own songs, one called Wide Open Road. Well, you said you had enough, You said that you were eaven.
Speaker 9: I said, shove Offney, Baby, I ain't grieving.
Speaker 19: Pack your back and pull out this evening.
Speaker 10: There's a wide Open roll.
Speaker 7: Early this morning.
Speaker 19: You were nowhere about until I searched the town, but you had.
Speaker 4: Done pulled out.
Speaker 19: I look northeast and west and then leading south of all wide.
Speaker 9: Open and frand I don't forget about that big show tomorrow night at Overton Park shell Uh, the Big Country Jamboree. It's gonna be one of the biggest ever to come to Memphis. And oh, you won't want to missus seeing and hearing in Parsons wept theirs and all the wondering boys, Red Elvis Presley will be there, Jim Wilson and his little four year old daughter, the boy that's got such a big hit record on Daddy you know what. And Sunny James will be there too, Bud Deckleman, Johnny Cash, Wanda Jackson, the little gal from Oklahoma, and of course Yours True and just many many others. Don't you miss it now tomorrow night at eight o'clock one show only.
Speaker 5: Isn't that wonderful reference to Elvis's working to get to mention that place where they did the show.
Speaker 3: The Everton Park shell is a bit like the Hollywood Ball, you know, of those great big shells that everybody's on stage in. And they wanted to pull it down and build apartments, and the whole of Memphis were up in arms. They said, this is where Elvis Presley did his first paid job in this show. Yeah, I'm pulling it down. So they won, and they stuck it on them and it's still there. Yeah. Good, that's through for good on them. Yeah, that's good all right. Quick quiz time, Kevin, Yeah, quick quiz time. Boys, The time to up and your pencils and doss. You've got to take part in this quiz. So pay close attention. Just listen to this, Doss, You'll hear this. Which of the following films won Best Picture at the nineteen fifty five Academy Awards. Was it A The Country Girl, B, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, c On the Waterfront, or d The Cane Mutiny won the Academy Award for Best Picture Country Girl, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on the Waterfront, or The Cane Mutiny on the Waterfront?
Speaker 6: Is the Marlon Brando movie, isn't it? He was really hot at that time, the Wild One and all that. I'm going to go for the for the Branda movie on the Waterfront.
Speaker 20: Okay, the Waterfront, Doss' second, Just for a point of difference, I was I was also leaning in that direction, But I'm going to go Cane Mutiny, which I think might have been a dark horse.
Speaker 21: In that.
Speaker 3: Very good selection.
Speaker 7: Simon. It wasn't The Country Girl? Which was that even a movie?
Speaker 19: Been?
Speaker 3: Christy and Grace County. Oh yes, they won the Academy Awards for that rubbish for acting, I mean, not for the picture. Rubbish rubbish. Okay, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was the MGM musical. No, they didn't win.
Speaker 6: Now, musicals still never win quest sometimes don't they not?
Speaker 3: Often quite right there, quite right there, quite right there.
Speaker 7: I think they should.
Speaker 3: And Simon, I'm sorry to say it's not the Cane mutiny with Humphrey Bogart with the marbles. Yes it was. It was on the waterfront. Andrew and Doss have both got it. Congratulations guys. Yes, there are no prize that by the way.
Speaker 7: For this, just the sense of a good glory. It's the glory and the second helping of Tune Morne. Those who missed the first half hour of this program, there was tunam all day bakeoff. Yes, Simon one, Well.
Speaker 5: We don't need to dwell on who won and who didn't. I think we both prepared lovely meals. And I appreciate your how.
Speaker 7: Very magnanimous of you, very gracious in victory you are. Yes, it's not I'm impressed.
Speaker 3: Well, it's I just always knew. Yes, I might include that in the quick quiz next week.
Speaker 6: Who won the twenty twenty five bakeoff?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the quick quiz.
Speaker 6: Next Hey, we've got to move on because we've got a whole lot of things here. Yes, we've got some films happening in fifty.
Speaker 3: Five marvelous films. Oklahoma. I remember seeing Oklahoma on the big screen at the Regions and I couldn't get over that Toddeo process. So it was absolutely fantastic. And guys and dolls came out, the Cane Mutiny, as we mentioned, Brigadoon, the tender Trap, the Blackboard Jungle and Fast Parker. Me I mate Fess who has been gone for fifteen years now. He died fifteen years ago. Fess he was a terrific bloke and he played Davy Crockett in the TV show Disneyland for Walt Disney. Because when it came out we didn't have television in Australia. It was nineteen fifty five, no TV. So they chopped it together with the Paris and they made a film out of the episodes that were actually on Disneyland. So we go and see it at the So we go to the Esquire in Burke Street to see Fess Parker. I didn't fancy the old coonskin cap to be quite nice. That smelly old thing on your head didn't appeal to me. What about you, Andrew?
Speaker 7: Do you have one, but I said, I was way too young.
Speaker 6: But it was interesting to watch you old guys wandering around with them down the street. But I'll tell you what they did with with the episodes of TV series. That wasn't the only thing that only time they did it with Davy Crockett, because they did it with the Man from Uncle. I went on to see The Man from Uncle the movie. I thought, oh, this is great. It was two episodes of the TV series that I had already seen. Blend I big good money to sit.
Speaker 7: Up there in the Belcone.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was outraged. Yeah, I would have demanded that your buddy back.
Speaker 7: Stomped out of the box office, but they'd closed up for the night.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyhow, Davy Crockett was the song that accompanied this, and it was sung by Fess Parker, So I spoke to him about this.
Speaker 19: Raised in the woods, sows in you every tree killed him the bar when he was only three.
Speaker 3: Day day King of the Wild Frontier, and the song itself, the Ballad of Davy Crockett, became a big hit. I don't know if people realized, but right at the beginning there we did play you singing the song, which is actually a version. You did well.
Speaker 22: I have to tell you something, Kevin, I was the first person to record it. I was signed in August of nineteen thirty four, and I had signed a little song that I had written for Walt Disney with my sole guitar. I wasn't much of a singer, but I convinced him that I could sing well enough, and they two weeks later they called me in and I recorded The Battle of Davy Crockett. Up for thirty years, Walt Disney and his brother Roy had resisted having a record company or having anything to do with record royalties, but with the ballot of Davy Crockett, that changed, and so he kept my first recording and the Cadence Records were able to bring out Bill Hayes first, while Walt organized this record company. I finally got out and I did very well. But there were sixteen major artists in America in about six weeks that recorded that song.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get it in the act that Tennessee Andy Ford was one of them too, and.
Speaker 5: Oh he was, Yes, indeed, yes, that's who I was thinking of.
Speaker 7: Tennessee.
Speaker 5: Ernie Ford did a version two did he did? And he had the beautiful deep rounded voice to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we were all singing it. You couldn't It was very catchy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a good song. It was a good end of the spoof version of the version.
Speaker 3: I was going to mention it, but if you want to mention it, that's on the tabletop.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dirty a stump in the USA.
Speaker 3: I hope you wouldn't go that shot his mother.
Speaker 7: When he was only three. Oh yeah, I don't know that one. Oh well, it was you know, everybody knew.
Speaker 3: It was never released as a record, but everybody knew those lyrics, yes.
Speaker 7: More than more than the real lyrics.
Speaker 3: That was the only version was Yes, very popular, So I kind of sold a million.
Speaker 7: That that's right right now.
Speaker 5: Kevin tell us about Dogface Soldier.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a film that came out in CinemaScope in nineteen fifty five called to Hallan Back, which was based on the biography of Audie Murphy. Because he was one of the most decorated servicemen in the Second World War. He was absolutely incredible. He was highly decorated, and he also had a film career. He was well, he didn't start the film still, he came back after the warning. He mainly specialized in whets. I loved Audie Murphy. I think it was terrific. I saw all these pictures and I saw this at the State Picture Theater which is now the Forum in nineteen fifty five, and it was on the big screen and they had a great cast of actors, and there was this song that still sticks in my mind. Andrew might have some good lyrics to this, but this is talent back the theme song like I am.
Speaker 7: I love to read my own dyes.
Speaker 23: For all the babies, Thunderies, bri Walk and Sam.
Speaker 1: On all the posters that I read, it.
Speaker 2: Said, the army.
Speaker 3: Me down to build me over again.
Speaker 23: I'm dot Solder, were the right bull of shoulder and ready for ever comes. Byways give me and by all the vision your doty soldier. By talking on it, there be down to build. I'm just a dog based soldier, the solder ready for.
Speaker 3: Take take you.
Speaker 13: I'm not bas soldier.
Speaker 5: What does dog face soldier actually mean?
Speaker 7: I'm a dog face side.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I walked out of that Picture Theater after seeing that film, and I've thought I've found my career. I want to be a dog face soldier soldier. A good day you would to please.
Speaker 5: It's it sounds like it's almost like a put down. You're the lowest level of song.
Speaker 3: Maybe an infantry man, wouldn't he?
Speaker 5: That would be literally Yes, I'd leave Andrew is the word smith. I'd let him pronounce that teacher.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now moving on now, because we must. We got shows of nineteen fifty five Kevin.
Speaker 3: Well The Bob Hope Show. Bob Hope was brought over by Lee Gordon, and financially the show was a disaster. He had lost a heap of money and Bob was aware of that, and when he got back to America, he sent Lee Gordon some money apparently to get him out of the financial difficulty he was in.
Speaker 7: That was really nice of him.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know why it didn't work because Bob Hope was a big, big star, wasn't he.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think Lee Gordon had trouble again with he brought out a costello too. I don't think that was particularly successful.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't have finished up down at the Palais, and no, it wasn't particularly successful. So there are a couple of momen but he made a lot of money out of Sinatra and people like that. When he did concerts and Johnny Ray. He made a lot of money. Johnny Ray, the Prince of else He was terrific. I never know you interviewed him, didn't you.
Speaker 7: I did, yes, once upon a time. And I did happen to see him at the Fellow Theater with Mom and Dad many years ago, did you.
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: Phil was there and Phil Records. The sound broke down and he wasn't too happy with the sound man.
Speaker 7: Must have been a different show to while I saw.
Speaker 3: Probably probably that he did a number of shows down there.
Speaker 7: Anyhow.
Speaker 3: Ronnie Rosenberg my mate who has passed on. But Ronnie was a pianist. He was musical director on him Melmne to Night and we did shows together with Teddy Hamilton. We too it all over the place with Ronnie and Ronnie never had any music in front of me. He just said at the piano. I didn't think a you know, every song that you could think of. He was fantastic. Anyhow, he did work for Bob Hope.
Speaker 7: Gee, you must have met some real big stars in your time.
Speaker 3: Ronnie Rosenbergh, Now tell me any stories about Bob Hope.
Speaker 21: Look, I didn't get very clice. I wanted to.
Speaker 4: I want.
Speaker 21: He was on the town all but I wanted to.
Speaker 7: I loved him, you know, yes, I do remember one.
Speaker 21: Night I had to play something for him and I had to give him the peggio to get in and he said thank you, Liberaci, which destroyed me a bit.
Speaker 7: Life goes on, Roddie, you are a wealth of stories.
Speaker 4: It's lovely talking to you.
Speaker 3: That's a funny story, that's cute. Ronnie was fantastic, no idea, all the fun we had on those shows, it was terrific.
Speaker 7: And Frank Sinatra, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Frank Sinatra. Frank Sinatra came in nineteen fifty five with his daughter Nancy and it was the first visit to Australia for Sinatra and he loved him being here and he came back on a number of times and he was someone that you know, was what would you call him? He was a superstar really in those days. And they were doing something like three shows at night at the West Melbourne Stadium, but unfortunately the West Melbourne Stadium burned down, so they moved Frank Sinatra. Do you know, I reckon I should have a plak up outside the Melbourne Town Hall because Sonatra did concerts at the Melbourne Town Hall, and I never knew yes, because they had no venue and so and Sinatra was quite happy to play a town He's I'll play anywhere. I was sing in the streets. People bought tickets. They want to come and see me. Let's go wherever you want to go. So they went to the Melbourne Town Hall. And it was very good of him.
Speaker 7: I would have thought he would be very setting his ways about.
Speaker 3: Understand, we had a pile of ashes out in West Melbourn with the place they're supposed to be in. And I remember going pasting the train to school and looking down and seeing that all burnt out because it was a wood, Yes it was. And I saw Sinatra actually before built burnt down. I must have been very young. All I can remember is him singing one for my Baby and One for the Road in the boxing ring in the middle of the West Melbourne Stadium where they used to run all the fights, and is that where they had a.
Speaker 7: Sort of an upstairs section and it was behind chicken wire.
Speaker 3: It was all that sort of stuff. Yeah, it was pretty primitive, wasn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My father used to take me to the boxing and we used to hold up the newspapers to keep the Blood Office from the front fright. It was terrific.
Speaker 7: What a life?
Speaker 3: Anyhow? What a life?
Speaker 7: Say?
Speaker 3: Sinatra had a song He's going to sing it now, Nancy with a laughing Face, which was written by Phil Silvers, of all people, and it became a big hit for Frank Sinadra.
Speaker 12: Around nineteen forty, ladies and gentlemen, there was a song written about a little girl who was then two years old, I should say forty once. I'm two years old. And she's grown a good deal since then.
Speaker 4: I'm glad of that.
Speaker 12: And the song was written about her because she had all of the qualities that the words describing the song, and she's has them.
Speaker 4: And I'd like to do this tune for you now. It's about my oldest daughter. It's called Nancy with a laughing Face.
Speaker 24: If I don't see her each day, I miss her. Gee, what a thrill each time I kiss her.
Speaker 10: Believe me, I've got.
Speaker 7: A case.
Speaker 4: On Nancy with a laughing face. She takes the winter.
Speaker 6: And she makes it some lovely to hear Sinatra in Melbourne way back when in the mid nineteen fifty five and Nancy with a laughing face. We are in the midst of the Time Tunnel with Kevin, and we're back with more of nineteen fifty five runner.
Speaker 5: To these It's Mystery Voice time in Trask's Time Tunnel. If you're wondering why are we doing trash Time Tunnel in this hour, it's because we didn't get to start till ten thirty this evening, so it's an hour delay for Trask's Time Tunnel. But here we are and it's Mystery Voice time. He wants you to take part by texting us your answer. Kevin's going to play a mystery voice. We're going to try and guess. If you think you know, text your answer to zero four double seven six nine three six nine three and will name the first person who correctly gets the answer right. Kevin, do we have a clue?
Speaker 3: Well, I think this is particularly easy, and I think I would ask you both to hold back and give the listeners a chance to have a little think about this before you dive in, because I think you will know this immediately. But then, on the other hand, I've thought that.
Speaker 5: Before, yes, and it has been some of our toughest ones.
Speaker 3: Toughest ones, so it's very interesting. So look, it's a male and here's Tonight's mystery voice.
Speaker 4: And three excent.
Speaker 20: A mile.
Speaker 4: Play the Gale.
Speaker 3: But to dream more, this song came this song came out in nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 7: I might point it, yeah, the Platters, but this is obviously not the Platts.
Speaker 3: Clatters.
Speaker 5: No, well, I immediately wrote down two names, and then I realized we're talking nineteen fifty five, and neither of them would have been born. So I'll cross Grant Dya and Rove McManus.
Speaker 7: Off the list.
Speaker 5: Rove McManus, well, it just sounded like a young little person, So I thought.
Speaker 7: Grant of both personal person agree the person doesn't.
Speaker 3: Have to be alive this in this case, but singing a song from nineteen fifty.
Speaker 6: Five, as long as you're a certain heights, you can be a part of Remember when why don't your texting your answer? Because apparently short people are not welcome according to Simon, No, I.
Speaker 5: Just thought they sounded like a young, sort little person. Yes, oh, I didn't pick that up.
Speaker 3: It's not granting you, No, it's not. And it's not who Rove mcmaanus.
Speaker 7: No way, someone who was alive in fifty five and and I think he's.
Speaker 3: Alive in fifty five.
Speaker 7: Oh so he wasn't born till after fifty I'm not sure what.
Speaker 3: Year is more.
Speaker 7: Is he an Australian?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 7: Oh, Englishman?
Speaker 3: Englishman, got no idea. Absolutely. I really thought this would go straight up.
Speaker 5: We might have to have another listen. But okay, now we know I'm a comedian known for comedy. No good question, No, no, okay, straight actor?
Speaker 7: No, A singer, A singer. It is actually a singer.
Speaker 3: It's actually a singer.
Speaker 7: Because singer. Do we have another listen? Please do?
Speaker 3: Very short singer?
Speaker 4: Ronnie A Mile.
Speaker 9: Play but.
Speaker 3: To dream him? I can hear people screaming at the radio. They don't know it.
Speaker 7: I don't believe this could be what's his name? Played Phantom? Michael Crawford.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, A fan of the opera Michael Crawford. He was in Hello Dolly, was he?
Speaker 4: I don't know it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not you're not.
Speaker 7: And he's still with us today.
Speaker 5: No good question, Andrew, because I was going to bring up Michael Ball next.
Speaker 7: He did he have a TV series?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Is it not Desert Con.
Speaker 3: I'm one of those people screaming at the radio.
Speaker 4: Can I chime in? Put you out of your misery, Freddy Mercury, It.
Speaker 3: Is Freddie Mercury. What you listen to the voice? It is Freddy Mercury.
Speaker 7: Did you get that? Did you get that from the voice?
Speaker 4: Tops?
Speaker 19: It is?
Speaker 7: Of course it is fantastic.
Speaker 3: What about the listeners? I bet you everybody got it?
Speaker 5: If you can flick it over there and scroll down so we can see who the first pink one is there, just just scroll through those messages to find the lowest pink one.
Speaker 3: Further further, further, Gee, there's a lot of entries.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: Cameron and Louise from Botanic Ridge were the very first one and they said Freddie Mercury.
Speaker 7: So there you go.
Speaker 5: Other suggestions, so well done Cameron and Louise. Barry Crocker was another suggestion. Terps Donald Duark, Donald's Max of Greens bro. I don't know what station Max is listening to.
Speaker 7: Ronald Reagan, Johnny Farner, Ronald Reagan. Donald's a good one, isn't it.
Speaker 3: There we go, Freddy Mercury. That is absolutely fantastic. Well well done to everybody who got it.
Speaker 7: Congratulations, yes, yes, well done to all Right, let's get another breakout of because we've only had two breaks have we got two more to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do a break and we'll come back with radio and popular songs soon.
Speaker 4: Yes, three w.
Speaker 7: Eleven to twelve. This somewhat altered.
Speaker 6: Remember when the Sunday Night but the time tuttle is still rolling along and some of the radio were nine to fifty five Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yes, well we're talking about Cuthbert Jeffrey Cork. Yes, I didn't know his name was Cuthbert. Yes, yes, you couldn't do it on TV. He's Graham Kennedy and Cork. Yeah, no, it wouldn't work. Jeff is better.
Speaker 7: Bert always called him cuff did Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never knew that. Well, he was on In Moment Tonight and work with Graham Kennedy as we mentioned, and then went onto the Terek Show. But he was out with the act to meet Frank Sinatra in nineteen fifty five to get an interview. And this is a very funny description of what happened with jeff Cork.
Speaker 24: I've got the world on a string and I'm sitting on a rainbow.
Speaker 7: I've got the string around my thing.
Speaker 21: What a world?
Speaker 7: What a life? I'm in love.
Speaker 25: Sinatra came out with a lady called Anne McCormick, who was a fine singer, and she it was the time that he'd attacked journalists and reporters and those sort of people the entrance to the stadium because he was a little bit cross. I think the publicity that he perceived. He this gentleman who was quite a popular radio interviewer, not with mister Sinatra.
Speaker 4: O conmand you.
Speaker 25: You had to call him that too, mister Sinnata all the time. And he started off his interview and I was the next cab off the rank. I was standing in the queue, and he said, it's nice to interview a man who came out with Anne McCormick to star on the big show. Frank Sinatra. Well, of course that quite annoyed Frank. And you, having interviewed thousands of people, would know how difficult it is when you get a yes and no answer. And that's what he gave this fella. Is it nice to be yes? Well, normally, when you're chatting with the person, you're thinking for the next question, aren't you, And if you're just getting yeses and nos, you get a nothing interview.
Speaker 3: And that's what he got. And I said, oh darn me. I was a nervous wreck and.
Speaker 25: Went and turned on the little recorder after the sky left and said, it's so nice to be with you, mister Sinatra, and thank you for having me. And I enjoyed the show last night, and it was great. And you had to butter up to him a little bit, and if you didn't, you'd be off your brain because they had about five or six the biggest man I've ever seen in my life standing around. I don't know where they carried his bags for his toothbrush, but they were pretty big. And he let go and gave me a fantastic interview and it was it was so good that it was later played in the States, and because he got right down to worth about lots and lots of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lovely, lovely. Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good to hear the voice of Jeff cal who was always a favorite of mind of Channel nine of the early days sort of, and when he was on IMT, I always thought that the program lifted.
Speaker 3: Yes, I thought he was terrific too.
Speaker 5: It's lovely and we move on, all right, So let's have a look at the Australia's Amateur Hour, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Amateur Hour, and of course This was a compared by Terry Dia and we've got a very special word. At the moment, I think he's playing the gum leaf. He is number six on austral As Amateur.
Speaker 7: Robert Kellaher plays a couple of old favorites on the gum Leaf.
Speaker 3: News Talk three a w.
Speaker 26: Tomorrow Morning, the premier joins Tom Elliott. Now that's just made a very good point.
Speaker 7: How's he playing the piano and the gum leaf at the same time.
Speaker 3: I think it's Malgo Sheridan on the piano. All right, okay, production drop the gum leaf.
Speaker 10: So there's two fun teeth are getting in the world.
Speaker 7: Oh it's a medley.
Speaker 5: Oh good, No, look, I'd love to hear more, but we've really got to get the other breakout of the way so we can get to the popular songs of nineteen fifty five with Kevin after this, and Tony mack has to come into and tell us what's coming up. So we're rapidly running out of time as we close the show, which is odd to do. At the end of Trash Time Tunnel, Tony McManus joins us, Tony, good evening to you.
Speaker 15: You're more than we're going to kick on the other side of midnight. You choose, but it's been a very very tiny little window that you've had for an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Andrew, you'd like to do another couple of hours.
Speaker 3: Are you sure he's got a card game?
Speaker 5: Management can only afford ninety minutes.
Speaker 10: Of holy Rate's the one that comes back to Butcher sometimes?
Speaker 3: Who sang these songs?
Speaker 7: Boys?
Speaker 3: Yep, cherry pink and apple blossom white Peesprado correct? Sincerely, Oh you know how I love you?
Speaker 7: Anything for you? His mind's gone again? Seely no sang that group of sisters.
Speaker 4: Sisters was surely not.
Speaker 3: A lovely rock around the clock Bill Haley sixteen tons.
Speaker 7: Tennessee only four correct?
Speaker 3: So far love is a many splendid thing.
Speaker 7: Four races? You know that one?
Speaker 3: Loads of Texas?
Speaker 7: Yeah he did in the movie, didn't he was? What's mill?
Speaker 3: Mitch Miller, Mitch Miller, you're good. Ain't that a shame?
Speaker 4: The big fat Fats Domino.
Speaker 3: I'll take that unchained, wasn't It wasn't Pat Boom.
Speaker 7: But that's good.
Speaker 3: First he's allowed to get it first.
Speaker 7: Someone who wrote the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's all right.
Speaker 5: Unchained melody, Righteous Brothers no.
Speaker 7: Fifty Baxter, Yeah, and join me unchained. It starts off that way. Got me out of a few weird situations here.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 3: What about learning the blues, guy Mitchell, No, No, that's singing.
Speaker 7: The blues, class bopping the blues, noting the.
Speaker 3: Blue, learning the tables are empty, the big bopper.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No Frank Sinatra. You might have heard of him, moments to remember. I don't know that one either. We're going out.
Speaker 7: You hear them coming up with taking.
Speaker 5: We've got news in five or three. Your coins in the fountain, boys, all right, thank you?
Speaker 3: Given good, nineteen seventy six, Simons, somewhere in the hard