Speaker 1: Let's do this. Here we go, We love trush, Rick mill name six and collectible nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: That won't work, and then old towel lapole, I've broken umbralla a rusty trombone.
Speaker 3: And I am feel late in the soul of l I love and because they're trash.
Speaker 1: Oh love trash. Now, as we always say when Rich is here, don't leave it last minute because you'll miss out. And we know because we saw some of the ratings numbers come through. It gets very quite the first part of this hour, and then cranks up in the second part and we don't necessarily get to everybody. So if you have anything in your top shelf, anything that you would like to talk about with Rick mill Now, it's nothing necessarily have to be about price more often or not, it's not. So it's just really about the item to shear what it is. It might be a part of Australian history, it could be something very special to you. I think we're generally speaking, we encourage you to hang on to it. If it's something gorgeous, should wear it, news it on a regular basis. Rick Milne, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Anthony.
Speaker 1: Now I've got this lovely thing that I was just reading during the news you sent through, and I think it's just gorgeous. Looks like it's a telegram from Victorian telegram dated. Is it dated? I'm just trying to see ties. Is it nineteen twenties?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a congratulately congratulatory telegram because you've bought a Chevrolet car.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just fantastic in lovely. The spelling's not great, but we'll get away with it. Miss koeneg Matoa. Listen to this congratulations on your new car. May it give you thousands of miles of pleasurable motoring? In sure? This is with Power Chief and Texico Motor Oil something E thirty E thirty the correct grade for your Chevrolet all the way. Isn't it just a wonderful?
Speaker 4: How about that? That's a pretty weird Yes, just beautiful. It's a beauty Gods, magitimate, very grapidly mention of what's on. Please do this very Saturday, which have called us the Solstice, the shortest day of the year.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, thank goodness. Yeah, I did the twenty first, I think.
Speaker 4: Isn't it yeah, twenty first to doing Saturday. Yeah, and at the Brotherhoods and Lawrence which is in Bentley at five eighteen Center Row, justinear Wulworth. They're doing from ten to four a big day of music books see these DVDs to sow and including it. Between two and four I'll be doing valuations. So if anybody'd like to come down there and say hello and we'll do a bit of evaluation. It's all for the Brotherhoods and Lawrence five eighteen Center Road and Medley starts to ten, go through at all four, but I'm on from two to.
Speaker 1: Four, go to till four, and that's coming up. When the date is that this.
Speaker 4: Is Saturday the Solstice, This is coming to Monday's is coming Saturday the twenty first. That's now. Did you notice the very last thing that I've sent you. It's a Footballer's Dancing Challenge.
Speaker 1: The football is Dancing Challenge now year. So this is the new Arama.
Speaker 4: From nineteen thirty. So everything old is new again.
Speaker 1: The football is Grand Dancing Challenge.
Speaker 4: Look at them, Look at them are very well players. All you know, very well players at the time. Ron Todd who was a good player, Albi Panham was there from Colling and so forth. So can you believe in the nineteen thirties there were in these days. Of course, you got all these footballs jumping around of the new dance programs and so forth. So people are saying, gee, that's a bit novel. No it's not. They were doing it back in the thirties.
Speaker 1: They were doing it. But I'm just looking at those names. Can you blow that up a little bit for me? Jay? The names down there from South Melbournston Kilda. There's one there from Williamstown too. I think it was tod Ron Todd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dad, Herbie Matthews, I think from South Melbourne. And the whole sack of them down the bottom. The last one was alb Panham from Collingwood and some of us as well. Can you believe they and they would they were. All the dance bands are all listed at the top as well. But the people who were doing the putting on the music, but they were doing it in the thirties, so people of today think, oh, it's really unusual. Fancy all these football players being doing the dancing grow jos.
Speaker 1: Beck all those years, and I love the way they outlined they go. The following players have been nominated to represent their clubs.
Speaker 4: It's nominated in.
Speaker 1: Other words, get your ass down there. This is what you're doing is represent the club. Get down there now, start dancing, baby yep.
Speaker 4: And all of the local bands at the top, the names of all the bands that were there, and.
Speaker 1: Just and I don't know what you noticed too, are sponsored by a couple of radio stations, three keys Z in Melbourne and the greater three u Z yep.
Speaker 4: Noither quit there anymore.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 4: And do you know the only radio station in Melbourne that's kept its calls that the same name all the way through? There's only one.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm assuming a W three AW. It would be year.
Speaker 4: It would be because we used to have at one stage three a R three l O three u Z three dB three k Z three X Y three A K they're all gone. What's the one that's still there, the one that sits on top and has done forever.
Speaker 1: Long long time. Well, in those days two it was twelve seventy eight and then came back to six nine three.
Speaker 4: That's right, it was, that's right, it was. It's a funny thing. Did you know every radio station called, every radio stations adds up to nine, every single one in the country.
Speaker 1: Is it nine? Or eighteen.
Speaker 4: Well what is eighteen eight and one two?
Speaker 1: Good? Thank you? Yes, thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Six nine three.
Speaker 1: Eighty two, fourteen fourteen twenty two which was fourteen two and two or fourteen twenty two was eighteen yes, yeph you forget, don't you? And there was some I heard Dennis talking about this on the program some time ago. There was some odd reason for it, and I can't remember why now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because at one stage there were long ago, they were every ten, you know, like like it'll be eight eighty and eight ninety.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 4: But then for some reason, rather it's that's how it's turned out. And if it adds up to it adds up to either nine or adds up to eighteen, and of course eight and one is nine.
Speaker 1: And our Perth listeners will be listening. They listened on eight eighty two, eight and eighty sixteen plus the two eighteen eighty two six pr in Perth. You stayed there. Will come back in just a moment to talk more about this souvenir astrod, which also looks good from your old home down. We'll do that next and plenty of time. The board is empty as we speak. If you have anything you would like to share. Share, You can do that right now with Rick Milne Antiques and Collectibles one double three six nine three. Don't leave us here by ourselves, because if you do, the programmer would then sound a bit like this, which we know is really really awkward because it sounds dreadful. Now. I don't know the Rick Milner would know much about this. I'm sure he would because he's pretty smart. He's been around her for well, now that you're in your early forties, Rick, you would have an idea of why it's called ketchup.
Speaker 4: In America, they call it cats up, don't they.
Speaker 1: Well, it's well to the the name origin. Apparently, according to David, who sends a note, ketchup came from a Chinese dish, which is a sauce made from pickled a fish. Believe the traders made their way to England, where they stayed in inns, often being called git chip in the local dialect. So it's all linked into that in terms of what became their source of choice. We just call it tommy Tommy sauce.
Speaker 4: How about that.
Speaker 1: Dead horse? Yeah, a couple of calls here, which is great. Thank you for those people ringing through you'll get through straight away one double three six nine three. If you'd love to be part of it, Ronnie in Burward Rick Milne is listening. Go ahead, good morning.
Speaker 6: Hello, I've just actually sent I spoke to your producer and sent to may malt through. I'm trying to find out who the artist is. I think it's Robert Cox. I've got a couple of oil paintings that were left to me from an art that passed.
Speaker 4: Away and Robert Cox. Is that what you're saying, Ronnie, Yes, okay, well I'll tell you what. I'll do it. We're going to take me a minute to do it, but while we're on in the next five minutes, I'll look him up in my huge book, which is about as big as one of the old time phone books. And if he's listed, because if he's is he an Australian artist.
Speaker 6: I believe so, from like nineteen thirties or something. From what I've I've done a little bit a recess, not much, but I was driving in the car on the way home and I only joves him out like three or four days ago, and then I had this part of the program coming. I thought, well, I might keep your brain Okay, I've.
Speaker 4: Got the story on Robert Cox. I've found him already. We've while you've been chatting away.
Speaker 1: You listen to this, Ronnie.
Speaker 4: How about this Robert Bruce Cox. He worked during the six seventies and eighties. He is offered thirty four paintings for sale. And by the way, if you haven't sold a painting through public auction, you don't have credibility and therefore your pain this, if you're in Australian you'd have to have done that. He's done that. He's off at thirty four for sale of Whi's seventeen if sold at an average price of four hundred and seventy one dollars. So there you go. That's his average selling price. Now he sold a couple for a bit more, but generally speaking, his price his highest price ever, by the way, was fifteen hundred. But his average selling price is for seventy one. So that's Robert Cox. That's the place to start. And if Ronnie, if you would like me too, give us a call in the morning after ten and I'll put you in touch with a very good up dealer who'll be able to help be a bit more specific for you. So if you'd like to be call, I'll give out that number in a while, So grab yourself a pin in the meantime.
Speaker 6: And we will take here and keep listening.
Speaker 1: Good on, Ronnie, how did you just to remind us again, Ronnie, how you ended up with these things?
Speaker 6: I inherited him. Turn Arnie, who's passed away. There we go, and I was just going through like a couple of years and I'm cleaning, not tiding up, downsizing myself and yeah, come across these box and went, oh my god, to be beautiful, thank you.
Speaker 4: Have you got a couple too? Yeah, that's all right, right.
Speaker 6: I mean they're obviously a sex because and they're just they're actulutely beautiful. But I would rather than go to someone that's really done a world.
Speaker 4: Well you're looking at I guess you're looking at somewhere near one thousand for two. That would be a minimum. Well that's an average price. Now yours may may be better than that, you see. So, but if you'd like to give me a call after ten, I'll give out the number in a while, runne And they were very well to call me, Thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much, well done, welcome. Yeah, it's a great call. And it's nice to know you're home nice and safely. Greg in shotdam morning, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, gentlemen. Agreg top of the hour, Tony, you've played marking the Mechanics, so one of them.
Speaker 1: It's a great song. Is the Mechanics?
Speaker 4: Very much?
Speaker 7: And I have a request not now, but later on now to Rick Dunlop tire ashtray.
Speaker 4: Dunlop tires ashtray. Yeah. Well they look actually they look like a tire. That's exactly what they were. And they had a glass astray in the middle of a rubber tire, a little tiny rabbit, well not tiny, but like a rubber tire about I suppose about in size. About if you put your thumb out and your pointing finger the other way, it's about that size, isn't it. Around about they sell these days. They sell for about sixty sixty to eighty dollars.
Speaker 7: Ah, but I haven't got the original glass.
Speaker 4: Ah, you're just at the tire.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there are ash trays that fit it, I mean glass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Well it actually came. It did come with a glass that fitted into the into the the tire, so you should be able to get one of those. Just yeah, around amongst a couple of the antique center and say this is what I got. Can you find me an astral that will go with it? You know, the glass bit that goes with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, Greg, thank you, thank you for being program. Greg go on.
Speaker 4: Speaking of astrays, I've got one. I sent you one from my old hometown, Hamilton and Western District. I went to Hamilton High School for for five years and fell in love with four girls who none of them leaving. They didn't they did not even know I existed, because.
Speaker 1: You know, that was my first radio station, three h A Hamilton.
Speaker 4: Was it is that right in Gray Street?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I think it had moved there. It was a little it was just a tiny little build. Well maybe it was Gray Street, I can't remember now.
Speaker 4: It was on a corner. And I have to say that if you look very carefully at that scene, it's taken more or less from about where the radio station was looking down. Okay, the main street. How about that.
Speaker 1: Little Gray Street that's the one. Yeah, you're right. It was owned by the Washington family. Barry Washington was the general manager's name, no longer with us. Had a great voice and did a lot of work at BTV six.
Speaker 4: In Bellerat wasn't it wasn't that a TV station.
Speaker 1: It was a great TV station service alls in these areas like certainly like Hamilton in those days.
Speaker 4: And they actually had one down in Gippsland, two at Terrelgon right at channel ten g LV, Yeah, g LV ten, and they had two EV six and they had a lot of local programming, a lot.
Speaker 1: I think Shephard and may have had one.
Speaker 4: I think they may have as well as well.
Speaker 1: From memory, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think you might be right. You know the other two, I'm aware of those, and they were they were doing programs that you didn't pick up in the city. It was it was quite amazing really in a way. But of course now it's all with homogenized.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were a Hamilton boy. So everything's connected in many many ways.
Speaker 4: We have been a bit connected, haven't we.
Speaker 5: We have?
Speaker 1: You were going to say about Hamilton.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say about speaking the footy thing I've got there's an absolutely it's kind of a double bugger in a way. It's a lovely image of a TAA plane and all the ways they had laid football is a sort of on the on the post in front of the of the plane. They've been on a footy trip. I reckon, that's just a little classic, that one.
Speaker 1: What would that have been there? Why would they be using t A a brand in a place like Hamilton.
Speaker 4: It's not from out this from west. This is the West Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Oh, I beg your pardon.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Okay, West Dad laid footay club and they'd gone on a trip and they took the plane. So now we're we've moved, we've moved on from Hamilton.
Speaker 1: Forgive me, I'm sorry because I think I'm right about that. Red Ansat that was the home for Anset. Wasn't Hamilton, it.
Speaker 4: Was and I actually still have a speaking of that. He had his depot behind the local Picture theater and he drove these little minibuses. He had these little fleet of minibuses which ran locally, well not just in the town, but down into other little parts of the world, Marino and these other little places, Digby and so forth, and he used to That's how we started up driving one of these little little mini I suppose you call it mini bus. You know, you could fit about eight people in I suppose eight or ten people and he and I've still got one of the original little cards that he that he put out, and that's where he started. And of course the fame and fortune made him made himself a big shot and in flying, you know, but that's where he started worked.
Speaker 1: Out pretty well. Did you ever get down to that Royal Male Hotel in dunk Kild.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's anything to do with that with Alan Myers, who was a the great mister Myers. H yeah, he and Ilough. I haven't been to it. Everybody who it's just a spectacular wing.
Speaker 1: Say hello to Mike in Newport. Rick Milne's listening to you.
Speaker 3: Make hello, Hi, Rick, I've got a what is it? An A four size? It's on my friend's side. Test Cricket souve in the nineteen thirty eight and at the top has got the Agent and the Leader, published by David Cyber's about twenty pages and it has all the test matches in England and what you did with it. You filled out all the scores and everything of each test. And it's been written in ink like when a fountain pen or ocean, Yes, dipped it in the in a little pot of ink that sort of thing and it's on the back it has a diagram of all the fielding positions on the that's quite interesting measurements for cricket pitch. But then each test somebody has filled it all eating on board. It a day market in dults with actually about twenty thirty years ago and I've had the all this tour at less different articles about like W. G. Grace International Cricket was a story also about Mullugs Aboriginal team.
Speaker 1: Yes, so what do we need to know about that particular outfit the rick.
Speaker 4: That's great, it is good and it's amazing. You know, in the earlier times, people would sit up and listen to the test matches from England and they'd have a cricket school book scorebook and they put all the little dots and then six or four or two whatever they got, and then are marked all along about how many runs a player got till they were out and how they were out and how many wickets. The first it was amazing people people people just used to do it and I reckon, it's great, and I reckon it's a beauty that I like very much, And I reckon, you get a undred dollars worth that these days because it's such an unusual thing. It's something of the past, and you know, it's a that's it's a past that's kind of long gone. But you will find enough people that are interested. Older people mostly, it has to be said, but would be interested in such items such an item.
Speaker 1: If I said to you, thank you for that. If I said to you one of those great cricket commentators at that time, you would instantly think.
Speaker 4: Of Alan mcgilbroy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there it is. I knew you'd get that straight away.
Speaker 4: And what he used to do is a very very heavy smoker, and he would he would do everything through binoculars, which are sort of on a stand, and he'd be calling, calling the cricket and smoking at the same time.
Speaker 1: How'd he do that?
Speaker 4: Would you do it?
Speaker 1: Just get it? That's what he did, and the bulls giving down. And wonderful he was.
Speaker 4: He was a terrific comment.
Speaker 1: Just absolute as a kid. We just couldn't get enough of that sort of stuff. We will do this when we come back. You all calls one double three, six nine three for those that are waiting. Adam, Mary, Gary, Jeff will come to you in just a moment. Look at this email too. I've got to have a listen to this rick. I've got a set of five. It's spelled here Breswick flying ducks, perfect condition, perfect condition. Five Breswick flying.
Speaker 4: Ducks for the yes and if you don't mind umpire, I've got that set myself and I love them. And Tony and the b Man, Kevin the bee man lives over the road. He's to be as we've got all beehives around here. We've got to be our house, and so does next door, and so does next door. And he put them up and they are perfect to the squilliant of an inch. It's an amazing thing. They were numbered one, two, three four, and you'd think five na zero, So people think they've got a lot when they've got one, two, three four, But the first one was actually number zero. And they're very hard to find us five. You'll often find them as three as five. You're looking at about five or six hundred dollars. Easy, really, yep, what I love them. I love those flying duck And we've got sea gulls with the wings up. We've got swallows. We've got a friend of mine who's got hummingbirds, all sorts. They did all manner of things.
Speaker 1: And there I love them flying ducks.
Speaker 4: People think they're kitsch, but I said the nip.
Speaker 1: That and a lazy boy cheer life. Don't you get much better? We're going to do We're going to do this and when we come off, we're going to duck off one double three six nine three. You'll calls Adam, Mary, Garry and Jeff. You'll be next with Rick Miller and Australia every night. Hey, Rick, you're going to love this if you've just joined us. A nice every company all around Australia for Australia Overnight, the one and only Rick Millon Antiques and collectibles for those waiting. Promise you will come to you in just a moment. A good morning, Ricka and Tony. My name is Adam Baraj and I collect anything related to Australian TV. This list of regional TV stations of Victoria BTV six, Bellarat, GMV six, Sheperdon, BCV eight, Bendigo GLV ten which became eighteen nineteen eighty, the one we missed out on, rick STV eight Mildeura of course, and then AMV four Aubrey and the one that probably just over the boarder gets missed out occasionally, but spent a bit of time there myself, Mount Gambia, SS eight Mount Gambia. And here's the tag Tony mac for your interest. Barry Washington's son, Peter works in news. I did not know works in news at Channel nine here in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: How about this?
Speaker 1: Is't that a great story? Well, little Peter, I reckon was a I reckon he I have even been a glint in the eye back in the day, but that goes back late seventies, so I'd have to connect with Pete. What a lovely story, Adam right through these calls in Bentley, Hello Adam, go ahead. Rick Millen listening?
Speaker 8: Hello, Rick and Tony?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 5: We will?
Speaker 4: Thanks good? How can I help, Adam?
Speaker 8: I'm in a little bit of a predicament. I started collecting many years ago. Has passed away. Now I don't know the spelling exactly, but I'll roughly tell you. He's a lovely Australian oil painter. I'm pretty sure he worked in oils, but who I think should have a lot more recognition though is well known. You may know the name. His name is from the country. His name was Wickham Perry. I don't know if it's spelled y w y k h a M Perry pe Y or w h y k Wickham, which is an unusual I've never heard or met.
Speaker 7: It was his last name, Perry.
Speaker 4: Double.
Speaker 8: He painted all his life, so he died many years ago, but he was born. I think he died in his eighties maybe nineties. He won a lot of he won the road for awards, he won a lot of the local things. He wasn't if you.
Speaker 4: Say his name was te double r y T for tom oh Perry.
Speaker 8: I know our first name is a Wickham.
Speaker 4: W no, no, no. The last name Perry, Pip. I thought you said Terry. Or I'll just do a bit of a quick quick run on him.
Speaker 8: So if I can find him any name, it should pop up there because we can w I think it's w y k. We can with that like handy.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it is. He was born in thirty six w y k e h A M. He's offered seventy one paintings for sale, sold fifty five for an average price of five hundred and thirteen dollars, with the highest price of twenty two hundred dollars, and he tended he didn't tended to do a lot of sort of country scenes, but he was a well known artist and born in nineteen thirty six, So there we go.
Speaker 8: Well, Rick, I tell you I've got in my little storage cage. I've got him under blankets. I've got cut along story short I bought. I've got about two hundred and fifty of his works of art in different sizes on canvas, and and now I paid. I'm not going to say the name because I don't want to upset anyone. But even though he's upset me, I paid the individual for framing on top of the artwork many years ago. I paid for the framing. So he gave me sort of a deal because I bought twenty at a time, thirtieth time, fifty, and then I bought you know, initially I started with one or two because they were hard to get my hands. It's only because I had a little bit of money from an inheritance that I thought I was told to believe, made to believe that this man's art well skyrocket in the future. So I thought, I'm going to grab them while they're available. And I knew a man who was dealing directly with Wickham at the time, so I bought a might.
Speaker 4: Says, yes you do, Adam is to take my phone number down and I'll put you in touch with a good art dealer or an app a very reliable person, I might say. I'm very careful who I recommend, and if you take my number down, I'll give it out after the next caller. So you grab a pin in the meantime, give me a call after ten o'clock today, ten o'clock this morning, and I'll be happy to chat with you further.
Speaker 1: Well done, Adam. It's a great little piece you've got there, a few more than just a few pieces. Mary, Kangaroo Island, good morning.
Speaker 9: Yes, hello, how are you well?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 5: Rick?
Speaker 9: Hi Rick, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm going fine, We're all.
Speaker 9: So what I just wanted to know whether we've got a men's a Saiko, men's watch, a coronograph, titanium.
Speaker 1: Now you're talking what brand? Stainless steel? Yes, strap or bracelet? Is it leather or is it a bracelet bracelet? Bracelet? And it's got Sako on the on the little clip. Yes, it has what color? Is the dial.
Speaker 9: Like a brownie colored brown gold sort of edged?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gorgeous and what age do you think it might be merry?
Speaker 10: We don't know.
Speaker 9: It's a Lions op shop and we're just with somebody told us it might be valuable, so we thought.
Speaker 1: It as h Well, I have to look at the condition of any marks on it, any scratches it badly badly damage. It was still pretty.
Speaker 9: Smart looking, No, no, very smart looking. Yeah, yep, no problems with it.
Speaker 1: Would be a lovely little piece.
Speaker 9: Do you wear it, Mary, No, no, no, it just came into shop. We just want to move it on your see it's a Lions Club op shop. So yeah, we just don't quite know what to.
Speaker 7: Do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Mary, I could truly, I'd I'd love to get a photo of it, Mary, would be a really interesting thing to have a look at all, right, Eh, would you.
Speaker 4: Like to put an approximate price tony, look, you.
Speaker 1: Know, depending on the age of it and the model, anywhere between for that sort of thing, anywhere between sort of forty five through the you know, one thirty one forty round that price point.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go, i'd be i'd be I'd be looking at somewhere towards one hundred, I reckon, Yeah, it would.
Speaker 1: Be fair around there. Yeah, Mary, good luck with that sender.
Speaker 4: If you get Mary, You're very welcome to call me anytime about such things. I'm always happen to know valuations for the op shops. As I said, I'm doing a bit of a sorry Sorr, I get the name wrong, but certainly if you'd like to do that, I'll give you out the number in a minute. And you're very welcome to give me a ring if you'd like to.
Speaker 1: Mary send a little picture if you can do that. Overnight's at three a W and I love looking at for you as well, and I'll send it onto Rick overnights at three a W dot com dot A. You will do this when we go back Gary, Melbourne and Jeff birth Greg will come to you very surely. It's all part of Australia Revenue. Kevin joined us. You can be part of it as well. We'll roll through some of these in Melbourne. Hello, Gary, say hello to Rick Milne.
Speaker 2: Rick, and hello Hello. What I initially called up with that was just you said that three ah A was on the corner Gray. I've always ever known it to be in brown straight that halfway down.
Speaker 1: That little yeah, that that's that's what I was thinking too a little just a little one door at the front of the building there on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next to the car partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one. But prior to that, I think it was on.
Speaker 2: The corner bay.
Speaker 4: Was it in Brown where the commods was not far from the primary skill sort of across the road and just up the hill from the primary school.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a bit.
Speaker 1: But when Rick were there was just prior to World War two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I had a back in those days, people used to come in and perform. Yeah the auditory Walters they wouldn't walters. They one played the piano and one thing. You wouldn't believe it during the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, there anyway, just quickly I did. While I was here. I just had to remember a couple of things that I've got a promotional poster that was used for the Kiss Dynasty album. It was It's actually a sticker though, it's about a two paper side. So I was just wondering if that might have had any day.
Speaker 4: Ye die, Where did it come from?
Speaker 2: I got it from. I grew up in Elsta near Elst Week Park and there's a record store that was in Glen Hutley Road just needs the station. I got it from there. And then just one other thing I've actually got Darryl Summers nineteen maybe two had a show, The Daryl Summer Show, on a Tuesday and a Thursday night.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I knew.
Speaker 2: The director managed to get tickets number one and ticket number two for the order. I still hold them. I was just wondering if they had any value.
Speaker 4: They might have a bit. If there are people who do collect TV memorabilia, it has to be said, from everything for fan carves to We were just talking a bit earlier about some of the country country TV stations, and there are people who collect in those areas. So asked the question, I reckon those would be with twenty or thirty a police, that's my guess. And on the other gee, that would be pretty good. I would reckon a hundred, perhaps a bit more.
Speaker 2: It has got a tiny bit of damage. It's got where I'll put some drawing pins into it in the corners on the wall.
Speaker 4: A bit of a yeah, that's right. We used to do all those things and without even thinking about it. But still, if it's not too severely damaged, it would it be heading towards that price.
Speaker 2: At least all right, all right, thank you, Thank you Gary.
Speaker 1: What a great cool in Perth in w A.
Speaker 5: Hello Jeffrey, Hello the attorney and Reck thanks for having me on your program.
Speaker 4: I've spoke with you.
Speaker 5: I spoke with here four or five weeks ago, and then Rick very kindly was chasing out specific and find people that might be interested in error model magazines which I'd collected over.
Speaker 1: Oh it is, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yes, remember that I've got one hundred and forty seven of them, dating back to nineteen forty nine and through the nineteen fifty nine some year some years the seriplications obviously with an odd number, but they're in good condition. But I'm really not worrying about it.
Speaker 4: I just anybody by the way, making a land for you. Anybody out there is having a listen and would like more information. Maybe a good idea would be for you to stay on the line, Jeff and give give j your d jails, your phone number and contact and so forth, and if anybody's interested, well they can contact you.
Speaker 1: Good on your Jeff. You staid that we're going to run out of time as we always Now, Greg, just another quickie from you in Sheltenham.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, the story. It's Rick PMG Postmaster General PMG Postmaster General yep, and a Yankee admiral ship came into Sydney Harbor, pulled in, dopped and requested the phone to be collect connected to the ship. Yes, red tape, go up to the PMG, fill out a form, Oh yes, yeah, Okay. Twenty four hours later, the phone's connected.
Speaker 1: So Greg, we're gonna we're going to run out of the time, Greg, because we got a lot of callers. So what is there a question in there for Rick?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: Okay, Greg, stay there. We might come back to you in just a moment. We might be on a different topic. I think Gav in Portland Morning, Maddy.
Speaker 10: I've gotta steal can blankety blanks. One was still the lemonade and that inner.
Speaker 4: What what the what's the brand?
Speaker 10: It's a blankety blanks the TV show, but it's a canow.
Speaker 1: It's great blankety blanks with Graham?
Speaker 4: What do you reckon? What do you reckon? Tony?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, for for anybody passionate about TV memorability, as you said, it could be worth god or anything. If anybody worth thirty or at least I would have thought for something a bit that specially. Yes, something a bit that special sounds wonderful. We'll do this when we come things that you were Rick might be looking for, and plenty of course we're just not going to get to the ball now, which always happens. So unless you want to hang around for another five or ten, we can do that as well. We'll look will reconvene the other side of this, Rick Milne, great text here, just reminding us any in seven zero seven g l V Gippsland, Keith McGown once worked did a bit of telling g l V in Gippsland.
Speaker 4: He did the boy did I remember talking about it?
Speaker 1: He would often talk about that what are we looking for? We should point out that next week you'll be at one o'clock, which will be eleven o'clock w way time one o'clock for those on the Eastern seaboard instead of the two o'clock. So we're putting you forward, we're moving you into the period, yes you are, which is great. Things you're looking for?
Speaker 4: Looking for a few things. I showed her a little thing of Bernie Brikette. Now he was a little character who used to be on They used to do little abs with the company Bernie Brickette and somebody looking for Bernie brick They did actually had a cap, would you believe. And this person's looking for one of those. Somebody's offering one thousand dollars for a university football club membership ticket. One thousand bucks. Jeez, that's a lot of money. Some blueprint Tuckfield's bird cards printing on the back in blue. I've got people looking for those as well. Thefa memorabilia of all kinds, memberships, cameras, comics and wratebooks. Any of those you might be able to help our clients. Zero four one eight three three nine one zero three eight hours time.
Speaker 1: After ten o'clock Victorian times zero four one a double three nine one zero three, and we'll talk to you one o'clock next Wednesday morning. Rick Milton, that'd be fun.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to too. Rick Milne is leaving the building.