Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks to your company today here until one o'clock. You got home safe and well from the long weekend. The rain did eventually turn up. It turned up probably when we were on a yesterday around about eleven o'clock. It started raining in the southern suburbs through South Perth and Kensington and Frio and then it really hammered down in the afternoon, didn't it. So all that catastrophizing on Friday, maybe it worked. Maybe it made people think about being safe on the weekend, particularly if you're driving on country roads and the like. So the rain and the weather did arrive yesterday, and I just want to say a very good morning to the bloke who operates the mister Whippie Van lead of all Oval yesterday afternoon when it was raining cats and dogs. It was probably i know thirty forty millimeters of rain fell and the mister Whippie Van was open and got to be said, not doing a roaring trade. So well done to him or to her, or to whoever it was. If you want to call us today you can. We are going to talk road safety today with Acting Assistant Commissioner Darren sive Wright. So Darren's coming in off the bench for Corle Blanche today, so we'll talk about traffic. Teachers are quitting in droves. Twelve hundred teachers have quit the stories in the paper. Today, we'll look at why two local footy clubs have played out a draw for the third time consecutively. Has this ever happened before? We'll look at that. And we want to talk about a symbol, a tattoo that's been spotted on someone down in the Rockingham area that seems to be offensive, potentially anti Semitic, but not technically so. So we'll have a chat about that on the show. In just a moment on the program. I'd love to have a chat to you today, as you may have heard a rumor to the Rumor File today that tickets go on sale on Wednesday for the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships. I've got some thoughts on that this event was always going to happen. This event was always going to happen. Now Readasafiodi and Roger Corky said, look, I'm not going to go We'll leave it to the Combat Sports Commission. I put it to you and I'll chat to you about this in just a moment. This event was always going to happen, and it's going to be held in a state government owned and funded facility. Was always going to happen. I reckon. We'll follow that up in just a moment. On the program. I'll have a yes no question for you today if you'd like to have a go at this today on the text line one, double three eight atty two is the phone number of the text line zero four eight seven triple nine eight eighty two. The Water Corporation and a national body called iMOS are running some taste tests on WA water quality. It's called the Water Test Taste event or the water taste test event, sorry, the water taste test event. So the question for you today, we want to try and clear something up right.
Speaker 2: Let's clear this up once and for all.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Jimmy. Is the water you'll place any good? Yes or no? Is the water at your place any good? Yes or no? Wherever you live in Wa might be in the city, you might be listening to us on the app somewhere. You might be Shannon, listening to us down in tor Bay today. Goode Shannon. Wherever you are, is the water at your place any good? There are certain places in Wa where the water is good, and there are places where it's not so good. Is the water at your place any good? Do you drink it? Is the water at your place? Any good? Yes or no? One double three eight eighty two. We can text zero four eight seven triple nine eight euty two. Obviously as part of this let us know, let us know where you are. Is the water at your place? The tap water at your place? Any good? One double three eight ety two. The taste test is on right now as we speak. Let us know it is the water at your place? Any good?
Speaker 3: Yes or no.
Speaker 1: Jim says hardly a drop of rain at Baker's Hill Bomb have blown it against his gym. Rob says, I live in West will Eatable. There's no way in the world that I saw thirty miles of rain yesterday. It was a flop, well, Rob, West Leader was quite close to Leadable Oval, and Ron agrees with me. Ron says, Leadable Oval look like SUBI in the ninety seven eight Grand Fineal. Nothing better than flogging the garlic munches. Ha haha, says Ron.
Speaker 4: Ron.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: Hundo per one hundred percent correct. But you know there's always another chance for West, for West Perth to get there to get their revenge. The water Invicton is good, says David. I put you down. I say, yes, David, what a place, Bicton? What a place? Hey, God's own country, David. Rob says Rob, you need to tell me where you're from. Chris, you need to tell me where you're from. No taste horrible. Where are you Chris? And Rob says bloody oath Simon, The water is great. It's even better with a bit of orange cordial. I don't know what that means, Rob Alien says Nedlands. Alien's the voice of reason, Jim.
Speaker 3: The voice of reason.
Speaker 1: Am I had to say? My tap water Nedlands is neither a yes or no. It's just okay, but drinkable. I have no dear what's actually in it? Probably some chlorine, probably some fluoride. Murray says Golden Bay. Yes, the water is good. Chris is in Peercel and he says the water is terrible. Thanks Chris. I live in Melbourne. I put in a home filtration system last year, says Ricky. Thanks Ricky, let us know. Is the water at your place any good? The tap water of the Yes is a six. The nose were one. Hi, Danny, Oh, how are you going good? Thank you. How's your water.
Speaker 5: There in Trigue?
Speaker 6: It's good.
Speaker 5: We moved from Hillaries to Trigg and yeah we've an't got water filtration and it seems like it's fine. We drink it every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all good, happy, all good. Kids are happy.
Speaker 7: You're happy, kids are happy.
Speaker 8: We're happy.
Speaker 1: All right? Good spot Trig, isn't it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Lovely beautiful?
Speaker 1: Who's that there with you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: My son?
Speaker 10: Jed?
Speaker 1: Hello? Jed?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 1: How old are you? Jed ten? All right? And you're going to school? Jed? Are having a day off? Oh no, I'm gonna Oh for your leg? Yes, what'd you do to it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 13: I just got a disability?
Speaker 1: Oh okay mate, all right, Hey good, nice to check it out. Yeah, we're gonna check it out. Nice to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Danny.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, Jed. I hope it's all right. Hey, thank you. See mate, Danny and Jed as a little fellow with a disability going get his leg checked out today at thirteen minutes past nine o'clock, is the tap water any good at your place? Well, it's good at Danny's place in Trigg. Yes, is eleven and the nines and no, the water in Basso is yummy. This is Jerry. That's Bass Basandine Southern River. The tap water in Bigton is good, says Marky grees Bysandine wander water is kaka is waying from on the and I'm just put the Italian Italian interpretation in there. Wayne from wandy Wood vast as the water is good, Williton with two kisses from Christine, Love you too, Christine atwater's great in Willison, let us know today. And Grumpy JB of QP, Jumpy JB of Queen's Park, can you let your listeners know an update of catching the killers of the beautiful birds in Calberry the Calbarry pelicans look come with the carry Calbarry noticeboard facebook page and saw no updates. I will chase that for you, JB. We were talking about that this morning in our little little chat. Love to hear from you today. Is the tap order any good at your place?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If you didn't hear it. The RSPCA had received the report of two dead decapitated pelicans at the Calberry foreshore. They are fed by volunteers and as a daily or three times a week I think it was, but there has been a report of two of the two of the Pelicans birds being decapitated by summer at the foreshore, which is a nasty, jarring shock for all concerned. JB. I will chase it up for you, mate, My team will continue to go after it for you. Thanks listening him. We'll keep you up to date. Lou Row from the RSPCA is with us tomorrow, so we'll see what Luke can tell us. Is the tap water any good at your place? And yes? Is a nineteen? Then nose are thirteen? Back in a moment, I belated happy birthday to James as well from the weekend. Happy birthday mate, Thank you Simon. It was a Sunday. It was a Sunday. Yeah, I go, I know you you like the Hyde part. Then you go the High Park for dinner. That's in the works. That's in the works. When to a place called Papagallo, very nice, have a gallop?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that Matn Hawthorne? Yeah right, unleeadable? Yeah, yeah, okay. Was it a milestone or just a forty three? So two years away from forty five, so I'll keep that the mond Yeah, just a standard all right, Happy birthday, make you mate, done. Jimmy the genius operating the keys today?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, is the tap water any good at your place? A lot of correspondence this one Gooday, Tom, good morning. Yes for the water, No for the shop, daring God Tom. It's about water today, mate, not about governance. What does this always happen with you? Guys? Jones says, No, I never drink it. Get rid of the fluorized as Joan of Gosnels. I think it's good for your teeth, isn't it, Jane? That's what I've always been told. Rob says The only time you know your water is bad when you're buying three play toilet paper and a packet of baby wipes. Carlin wannerou gooda Carl, He says, a tap water is absolutely fine in my era, drink it daily. Not sure why filters are a thing? A thing? Are they? And ionizing water? Lots of people like to do that to ensure they operate at an elite level. Gay of Basendine says, yes, thank you. Gay. Shane says in loud is pretty good. Just be sure to flush at first, Thanks Shane. That's fine. Here's the tapwater any good at your place? Yes? As the twenty sevens the noser Aden, thanks for sitting in your thoughts. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: We did hear about a rumor about this. On Friday, Man Tim joins us now from Rockingham. He spotted a fella with what he thought were potent were tattoos that were potentially hate symbols. Tim joined us.
Speaker 15: Now, get a Tim, Oh you know it wasn't just hate symbols tattoos that he was. We were in clothing that basembled hate symbols too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so Tim try you know, he's obviously radio so we and we you've sent us in some pictures and we found some pictures. But sort of an iron cross, isn't it looks like a like a metal or an iron cross metal like a German military iron cross, doesn't it?
Speaker 9: Ah? Yeah? Correct?
Speaker 15: And then a friend of mine happened to be at the same establishment and said that he had IF on them, not not like if this commodore, but more if this the German. Yeah, so I think he. I think he's a bit of test.
Speaker 1: Same bloked him, the same bloke with the s s and the iron crosses, all.
Speaker 15: Right, that the same guy. I noticed that he had lots of iron cross tatoos and then a lot of German German germanic riding down the side of his arms and stuff. But then his shirt it was like loads of iron. Like he's clearly got a fetish for iron crofts, but it's obviously quite offensive to certain people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tim, I would have thought it was what did you say and doing? What were the what was the establishment saying to you?
Speaker 15: So I brought it to the tension of the front desk and said, you know, how come he was even allowed in here? And they said not caused in trouble. And I then said to their security guards, I said, as I was leaving, I was like, I'm surprised that he allowed him into a government building and they said, or they're allowed at the front desk. Also, my my issue wasn't resolved, and I had to speak to somebody on the telephone who was in charge. She did to them. You know, I just said, oh, what was here? Why was he even allowed in there? He wouldn't let him bike m and apparently they're allowed to go and if they're not, you know, not cause in trouble.
Speaker 1: So you know, we've got the the laws here and I've got the laws in front of me, Tim, and it does say it does say there you know, it is an offense to display a Nazi symbol, although it would say that this this cross according to what you're asking, what we're asking, this is not regarded as a Nazi symbol. But you reckon, you felt like it was right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, absolutely, like in other parts of the world that iron crosses is outward. But you know, at the end of World War Two it was you know, they stopped using it for those reasons. When you staw a Nazi plane coming over the old guys that that emblem was on the tower of the plane, you know, so it does, you know.
Speaker 1: Invoke Nazism, And you're correct.
Speaker 15: And I didn't realize at the time, but then it was brought to my attention that the SF tatoo on the guy sort of you know, if it marks like a dog, then it probably is a dog.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I do, And I would have thought the Yeah, I would have thought the SS thing would have been a Nazi symbol for sure, Tim. That we have contacted the We contacted the state government. They've advisors to contact the w police and the police have confirmed the iron cross symbol. It's not an offense. But I'm very surprised, and I'm surprised at that. I'm also surprised that the SS not being an offense. That does surprise me. Tim. Thanks for raising the issue with both Brecky and with us, and we'll see what our listeners think and we'll stay on it. Thanks Tim, Have a good day you, Tim. So this was the rumor to the Rumor File. Originally this was on the thirtieth of thirtieth of May Feeling Cross.
Speaker 16: Rumor has it that the Rockingham Court security were left unable to remove a man from Corn who was displaying approximately instances of the iron Cross on his clothing and body because the symbol is not listed as a recognized hate symbol. The symbol originated as a medal that Nazi Germany awarded during World War Two, and despite it being awarded, its awarding being discontinued after World War Two. Now Nazis and other white supremacists have adopted it as a hate symbol and it has been a commonly used hate symbol ever since. I don't really want to be walking around with that, not in.
Speaker 1: This day and age. Crow Call has been in touch with us.
Speaker 14: Crow Call, crow Call has suggested that the.
Speaker 1: So that's the river file in full flow there with Millsey and Karl. So that was foing through on the thirtieth. We followed it up. We followed it up with the state government advised us to talk to the police. So it does invoke wartime Germany, the Iron Cross, you know, which was an award and of course by association by extension Nazism. It's twenty four past nine o'clock. I wanted to talk to you about the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships. I put it to you listeners that this was always going to happen in the city from the moment that Dave Temperaman amended the legislation in February where he amended the regulations to recognize BKFC as a sanctioning body. This event was always going to happen. The story was first broached broken if you will, by Jamie Burnett on the Weekend Show. Now, there was a rumor to the rumor file today that this event, the tickets will go on sale for this event via Ticke attack at the rac Arena on Wednesday. Now, the rac Arena, as you know, is a state government owned and funded venue. It's a venue's West Venue, So the people who work there are paid by the government. The full time staff and the temporary staff are paid out of government coffers. Right, so this event was always going to happen. Now the BKFC will be at the arena now. The community partners of the arena, and I've looked them up on the website today include Telethon Lifeline, the Salvos, Ronald McDonald House, and the poly Farmer Foundation. So many people would be aware that the poly Farmer Foundation are primarily charged with empowering Indigenous students and education. But of course Graham Farmer suffered from ct ct is, the brain disorder likely caused by repeated head injuries. So I don't think I'm drawing a long bow here, but I don't can't speak for Kim Farmer and the and the poly Farmer Foundation, But how do you think Telethon Lifeline, the Salvos, ron mc donald House, and the poly Farmer Foundation would feel about the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships being on at the arena. Now, it's all very well for Rita Safioti, the Sports Minister, say well, we're leading it, leaving it to the Combat Sports Commission. I'm not going to go. It's all very well for Roger Cook to say I'm not going to the event night, it's not my cup of tea. But this, if it's in a government building, it's being endorsed by the government and supported. That's my view, and it was always going to happen. I reckon, this was always going to happen. It's not funded by the government unless you regard that holding it at the venue where the staff are paid for the government and we pay for the venue as taxpayers. Well, that is supporting, endorsing and funding the event, isn't it. What do you reckon? Thisseness one double three eight eighty two. It's all very well to say it's not my cup of tea, but Nanty Grover and Bob Kachira at the Sport Combat Sports Commissioner have approved it. The Minister for Sport Recreation is Rita Safioti and this stops with her. I know Basil was saying over the weekend that it really stops at the Premier. He can tap her on the shoulder and say, come on, this ain't any good. We're trying to get violence and one punch deaths and domestic violence out of our community. We're trying to get CTE out of our community, and yet it's going to be held in a government building. This bare knuckle fighting championships. What do you reckon? Twenty eight past nine, Get a Joe.
Speaker 17: Yeah, good morning, Simon.
Speaker 18: I got one thing to say.
Speaker 1: Let's get it all all right, Joe. That's that's good. One double three eighty two. Joe wants to let's get it on. Craig good a good mate. How are good?
Speaker 19: Just a quick question, just a quick question. How many people does that rac arena hold?
Speaker 1: Fifteen thousand?
Speaker 19: Fifteen thousand? Now you work that out on a percentage of residents in Western Australia in Perth. Mate, it is we're catering for these minority groups again, now what like fifteen thousand people? You can't tell me that's a spectacle. I'm so against it because what happens, and I've been I've seen this around the world. These young blobs go there and they're all rooted up, and they hyped up on the tension, and then they go out afterwards and they still think they're in the ring, and a little trigger triggers them off, and then you've got a blood bark. You know in North in North Fridge or middle of Perth. And it's just it's just how can a government cater for an event that's going to hold fifteen thousand, which would be point zero zero zero one of the population of Perth.
Speaker 1: Well that's if they phil it, mate, that's if they if it sells out, Craig, So, yeah, you're against today. I can hear that Clinton today.
Speaker 19: Yeah, good minding mate.
Speaker 20: I just think all this, all this hand wringing and carry.
Speaker 21: On as ridiculous.
Speaker 20: You know, thousands of people do martial arts every single week in this state. We don't have this sort of beat up going on about it. You know, you see the top level black belt guys doing mood Thai all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 9: Mate.
Speaker 20: It's it's it's a combat sport.
Speaker 1: Stay with me, Clinton, And you know I've got my my brothers are pretty good at karate. Is a black belt. It's the idea of martial arts training Carter competition to not knock someone out cold in a ring on TV.
Speaker 20: What's the I mean, we've run it in the Olympics, mate. You know they don't globe up like they do in boxing. And if they I've gone to mood tie fights, mate, and they're they're full on, you know. And what what I'm frustrated with is not not the nature of the It's why this specific sports seems to have so many people upset.
Speaker 9: It's just it is what it is.
Speaker 20: I don't I'm not going to look ended, but I'm not going to knock those that want to throwing yourself down the side of a hill on a pushbike.
Speaker 1: Sen good point, Hey Clinton, let me ask you this, and you make very good points. And then there are people who say that being hit by a boxing glove with all of its surface area and being punching the head repeatedly is more dangerous than you know, one strike from a bare knuckle. I hear that, and I get that. I guess the issue, Maye is should the government be supporting it?
Speaker 9: Mate?
Speaker 20: I don't think they should support half the bands they bring over. I think cold placed crap. But they brought them over, you know, and the half perth went. So you know, it's again the Minister. From my point of view, And don't get me wrong, mate, I'm not a huge fan, but the Minister, she's his arms length as she can be.
Speaker 22: She's took good advice from experts. They've taken a look at this thing and says, look, this is something that we can we can accommodate. If they've rented the venue and they sell it, well, then so be it. I mean, you go on to Northbridge, your last caller, you know, you complain about people you know boxing on the streets.
Speaker 20: They do that every weekend in Northbridge and there isn't an.
Speaker 1: Incentive for Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 20: Hells going on other than alcohol fueled stupidity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good chat. Clinton, Really appreciate your call mate, Thank you, and I love I've a've managed to get Cole plain to that. That struck me as very funny. Pretty sure Chris Martin and Johnny and all those guys aren't. They are at the very opposite end of the spectrum from punching people in the head and knocking them out. But I habit to keep taking your call. It was always going to happen. This event was always going to happen, and now it's in a government funded building who have community partners like Telefon, Lifeline and poly Farmer. Go figure out, we'll come back in at just a moment. Is a tapwater any good at your place? So yes is a thirty three's and nose twenty four. I'll get to as much of your correspondence as i can. Up next, Acting Assistant Commissioner, Commissioner Darren Sivwright from Waypole.
Speaker 23: Beware of debris in Morley this morning. Tonkin Highway southbound, Morley. Drive a truck strap in the left lane and we're still dealing with a breakdown.
Speaker 1: Mitchell southbound.
Speaker 23: Pride of Vincen's read in lead of all the right emergency lane occupied Towe's remain on site. I'm Rob Beaver on Perth Traffic Leader six pr.
Speaker 1: Acting Assistant Commissioner Darren Sivright joins us now in the studio. Darren, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Simon, Good morning to your listeners.
Speaker 1: I thank you for coming in to talk to our listeners today. I wanted to ask you about e scooters. First off, we understand there was an incident in the city on the corner of King and Murray near the Belgian Beer Cafe over the weekend and we're still wonder if you have any new information on that for us.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the incident occurred at about eight forty pm on Saturday night, where a twenty four year old woman and her twenty six year old Pitian passenger. We're on an e scooter, one of the Perth City Council e scooters, and they've collided with a fifty one year old mail and the fifty one year old males that's stayed very serious injuries. The twenty four year old woman has subsequently been charged with dangerous driving occasion, grievous bodily harm under the influence of alcohol and also dangerous driving occasional and bodily harm under the influence of alcohol, and that relates to her pillion passenger.
Speaker 1: Visiting from overseas, we understand, Darren.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what that's what the circumstances are. The young lady appeared in court yesterday and is reappearing this morning regarding bail. So yeah, really unfortunate and sad set of circumstances. But once again we talk about the main reasons why serious harm is caused on and around our roads, and it looks like alcohol and not obeying the rules around eastcooters appears to be the main causal factors for this occurrence.
Speaker 1: Bit of extra information from you there, Darren, and that it's a city of Perth scooter, which means it will be speed governed either nineteen or twenty five k's now it can't go any fast and that purpose I think the ones we see around the city, and that's a fairly crowded bit of a bit of roadway around there. You know, we've got a lot of pedestrians eight thirty on a Saturday night. What are the rules around pedestrians and EA scooters in that type of situation? Should they be in the footpath? Can they go on the road? What's the deal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they can be on the footpath, but they're not allowed to go faster than ten kilometers an hour on a footpath, so that's significant. Again, only one person per device, so you can't have a billion passenger. You need to be sixteen years of age or older to ride an a rideable, so you've had You also have to have a bell or a warning device, you have to wear a helmet, and you have to have lights or reflectors on your device. So there's just a few of the rules just to get people started on They can't go faster than twenty five kilometers an hour when they're on sheer pathways and roads and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, We've talked about a scooters a fair bit. I understand there was a big rideout operation at Charles Riley Reserve probably a month ago and now Darren and the police rider great number please air wing, so you're stirling with air the rages there and there's up to two hundred mainly young blokes, were going on a ride out. And I do recall at the time that a number of scoodas were seized and people were charged. Have you got any metrics, any figures on that today.
Speaker 3: I don't have any figures with me immediately, but I can tell you that when the rules are broken on e riteables, then it's open under legislation for police to seize those e ritals and then destroy them. And that's what occurred with a handful of e riteables on that operation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, I do recall that. And I guess my question to you operationally is how does a copper who's at that at an operation like that, Darren, how do they know if the if the machine's been souped up they take it for a take it for a spin, or do they assess the software? How do they know it's been souped up?
Speaker 3: Well, they can examine it. We get it examined once we seize it, and then it's quite easy to determine whether it's whether the governing instruments on it have been tampered with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, darren Sea Roads with us today, the acting Assistant Commissioner coming in off the bench for Commissioner Blanche Darren. Long weekend just gone for the most part, avoided the inclement, whether it came in around about lunchtime and through yesterday afternoon. How do we go on the roads?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a really good weekend on the roads. We've had this one serious crash with the writeable, but aside from that, we've had no fatals, which is particularly pleasing. So the behavior by most people on our roads has been pretty good. But there are a couple of standouts that I can talk to you about if you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, any sort of targeted operations. Was there anything happening down south or manager rocking Ham up north? Did it? Was it just sort of business as usual and police on the roads where possible.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So our Road Policing Command work on the four hundred kilometers arc of influence we call it around the Perth Politan area. Long weekend, we had all of our road policing staff working, so that was pretty significant. A couple of things I'll talk about. So unfortunately, we detected a vehicle going at one hundred and thirty six in an eighty zone on Gradston Highway a place called Bachina which is near the Lake's roadhouse on the way out towards Calgarley. In the show, I'm undering yep, so one hundred and thirty six and eighty. The cops pull the pull the car over and there's an underrestrained baby on the front passenger's lap. So pretty disappointing with there. So the driver has been charged with reckless driving and a seatbelt offence and we'll have to go and visit the magistrate to have a talk about.
Speaker 1: That time and day, Darren, was a bit of trapping around.
Speaker 3: That was Thursday of the twenty ninth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right at the very start of our long weekend. All right. So there's some heavy duty double demerits in place there as well, a car not.
Speaker 3: For that one just before midnight, but because they were going fifty six kilometers over the limit, automatic mentioned automatic car seizure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, that's under the hon laws, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's under the car gone yep, cargo.
Speaker 1: And a baby on the front seat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, astonishing, astonishing that you would even put a baby in a car that in a without without being sorry pardon me, without it being properly restrained. So pretty terrible behavior there. Incredible Sunday motorcycle one hundred and eighty one and one hundred and ten zone on the Southwest Highway at a place called war A war Up, which is in the Harvey region. I'm told never never heard of it. I've never heard that, but it goes to our anywhere any time athos. So that male driver got charge of reckless driving and the motorcycle has been impounded. To add insult to injury there, the driver also provided a roadside positive test for cannabis. So once we get that test in the lab, there may be some further charges coming from that.
Speaker 1: Darren, just just and I know this might not entirely be your remit. Darren SIV writes with his folks, the acting Assistant commissioner. We saw a situation probably a month ago, four young blokes on South Street doing one hundred and seventy k's an hour in a seventy zone on a Thursday night at ten to nine at night. They're their parents' cars. So the cars are impounded, but on soold. So I guess there's a decision somewhere whether the cars are made into a little metal cube crushed, or whether they're sold and the proceeds going to into the road Trauma Fund or whatever trauma trust fund. So who makes that decision crushing, impounding or on selling.
Speaker 3: Excellent question. You've got me on that one. I don't normally sit over the top of the road policing area, but my understanding is that the police can make application to the magistrate. You would have seen the maserati. Yes, that's been getting around the Southwest at the moment, Yes, with the number plate forfeited on it. Police made an application to the magistrate to be able to use that in road safety messaging.
Speaker 1: I reckon, you've answered the question. I reckon you didn't know without really knowing parentcy rides with us today. That's too horrendous examples. I hesitate to ask anything more. You can tell us sadly.
Speaker 3: Yes. Two other ones. On Sunday, the first of June, a driver was observed using his phone not making phone calls, so either texting or watching movies or something like that, and so not paying attention. Again, we go onto a roadside test and it appears that he's under the influence of methylone fatamaine, so loaded on methamphetamine. Texting or watching videos on his phone doesn't really leave him much room to move, so he's also going to you've got a ticket, and then when we get the lab tests back on the meth he most likely get charged with an offense. There a lady on Monday, the second of June on Indian Ocean Drive and no Indian Ocean driver has been in the news lot in the news a lot over the last few years. One hundred and thirty seven clicks in one hundred and ten zone in Lehman. The female driver returned a preliminary test of point two four five, so nearly five times.
Speaker 1: Point two four five bard alcohol level.
Speaker 3: Yep, wow, that got that. Returned a formal test of point one eight seven, so she's been charged with douy and speeding. When spoken to the lady, she was driving north on Indian Ocean Drive. Lady thought she was driving home to Cannington no way, so she's gone the wrong way. And there's no idea where she is correct. Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Darren siv Rights for us today the acting Assistant Community with commissioned with some of the horror stories of the weekend. Darren will take a little break, thank you. We'll come back in just a moment. It's fourteen minutes to ten o'clock. Acting Assistant Commissioner Darren Sivwright is here. He is talking traffic infringements and traffic issues at the moment, but we'll have some general policing questions for him as well. Darren is coming in off the bench for Cole Blanche for the Commissioner Cole Blanche. We get a lot of calls to the show, Darren saying I don't see enough coppers on the road. I do, and because I live on a road where there's a police station. But I also come from a town where you know, when you see a copy you generally acting you're a little bit nervous. Have you got some overall stats from your roadside tests and speed cameras and the like from the long weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So firstly, there's a bit of a general comment. You know, we've never had more police officers I think we've got seventy two hundred or seventy two to fifty or something cops and WA has never had more police. We've organized our rostering, so we've got them out at the right times. And in general terms, our cops are out attending to calls from the community, which are increasing. You know, our communications center gets up upwards of twenty three or twenty four thousand phone calls every week, one three one calls and triple zero calls and so, and we're responding to those. So the argument that they never see cops is valid in their minds. I understand that. But when you call for help and you want the cops there, we are there. So we take great pride in attending to calls to help the community. And like I say, we take enormous pride in the way that we're able to respond to the people's needs. So just because you don't see a cop driving around, it's probably because they're attending to the needs of the community at another location.
Speaker 1: Is there any way of knowing, And again, it's not your remit of how many unmarked cars versus mark cars are out there.
Speaker 3: Well, it's our detectives drive around in unmarked cars. So I would and I'm only guessing, but I would suggest it's probably probably seventy thirty the mark cars. Seventy percent of our cars are marked and thirty percent of the marke. So just because you can't see us overtly, it doesn't mean we're not there. And like I'll really reiterate this, if you need us and you call us, then we're coming and we're going to be there really soon.
Speaker 1: So you to get some eyes and ears across people on the weekend and the long week indiot, your stats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So over the course of the long weekend, our officers administered twenty over twenty six thousand tests for alcohol on our drivers and that resulted in nearly one hundred drivers being charged. So twenty six twenty six thousand. Yeah, So there was eight hundred and fifty plus roadside drug tests conducted as well, with eighty one people testing positive to drugs. So at thirty seven of those were meth related. And we know this, you know, we get the data from from various places around the wa.
Speaker 1: Being testing for cannabis.
Speaker 3: Cannabis twenty seven cocaine not no cocaine on the weekend, So then we had seven nine testing for both meth and cannabis. So yeah, it's uh, it's happening. Drugs in our community are a real scourge and they lead to so many other ancillary criminal offenses occurring, not just road safety ones, but violent crime and family domestic violence and sexual assault and all those types of things.
Speaker 1: This might be a question for the road safety commissioner or potentially coal or potentially a politician, But to your way of thinking, does do double demerit campaigns work? That that one hundred road site, twenty six tests and one hundred people blowing over point oh five is quite a low figure. I would have thought it's still too many. But do you think people would listen to the double demerits message?
Speaker 3: I think so, and I think in more general terms, I think driver behavior is improving. I think, and I can evidence that. So over three point eight million cars went through our camera system over the course of just this long weekend, So from Friday through to midnight Friday morning to midnight last night, over three point eight million cars.
Speaker 1: Went through, which means that some of those are being spotted three four five times.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely yep. And six thousand of those vehicles a little bit over six thousand were detected speeding, So on the metrics that we keep on those types of numbers, it's actually less people speeding per capita than in previous long weekend campaigns. So I think the message is getting through now. There may be other things that contribute to that. The weather on the weekend wasn't great, so on a wet road, people smart people tend to slow down and drive to the conditions. But I think that there's some positives there. I think the road safety messaging is cutting through, and I think in my mind it's a lot around aligns a lot with criminal activity. Ninety percent of the people will never go and commit a crime, and then you've got your ten percent of the people that will, and they're the people that create my employment. So thank you very much to those and me a long long career and Lauria dealing in law enforcement dealing with them. I think it's the same with road users. I think ninety percent of the people that are using our roads are obeying the rules, doing the right thing. Then you've got the ten percent of people who are who aren't and they're just recidivist poor drivers.
Speaker 1: And then you gave us some extreme examples today to change tag. The front page story of the papers to day is the lost. We've got a lot of people we haven't able to find a period of time. You've worked in major crime, you've worked in macro as well, which is does happen? You would know some of these people in some of these cases. It's a big number. Over three hundred and sixty Darren.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three hundred and sixty four long term missing people. So I know my colleague, Detective Superintendent Dave Gordon is going to do some more media today with a member of Rigby Fielding's family, Stephanie, the sister. Now Rigby went missing in twenty fifteen, and you know he was fifty three at the time he went missing. So what we're asking for is you're going to see it pop up on your social media feeds where we're going to put some attention towards and our crime stop people who follow crime stoppers. So there's a social media campaign, a TV campaign to try and bring some finality to the families that are grieving the loss of a loved one. I can think of nothing more grueling than having a knowing a relative that's a long term missing person. So the pain and anguish that the families experience must be just must be just dreadful.
Speaker 1: And some of them, you know, reading through them, Darren, I know of some of them, like Iveta Mitchell for example, pame Yah which is my home patch. I remember those, but there's a lot of names in there that I'm not aware of. So we'd urge members of the public to have a look at this and if you know anything at all, or you know, for whatever reason you feel the need to come forward, now is the time.
Speaker 3: And that's for crime Stopers are leading the charge on that we've crime Stoppers is a fantastic organization lead over here in Wa by doctor Vince Hughes who's been a tremendous advocate for people being able to contact the police anonymously and provide information. So, if there's anyone out there who has information about any of these missing people, and it doesn't matter how unimportant you think the detail is, because you don't know what information we have and if that might be just the one missing jigsaw piece that helps us bring some finality to these grieving families. And I think even if you think it's unimportant, ring us, let us work out if it's unimportant or not. You don't have to give your name. You can go anonymously on the crime stoppers, on the website or on the telephone one eight hundred triples three triple zero. Give us a call and give us the information that you have.
Speaker 1: Have a look at the papers today and have a look on social media at the lost three hundred and sixty four people missing long term. Darren. I know it's been a while since you've done any talk back, but just like falling off a log, thank.
Speaker 3: Yes, and thank you very much for the Commission of Police for USK.
Speaker 1: To come up here today.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a very good bloke.
Speaker 1: And keep your key ears and eyes and out, folks. We appreciate you coming in. Darren. Take care and keep up the good work. Thank you, Thank you. Darren Sivwright, the acting Assistant Commissioner will take a break. Yeah, thanks for your thoughts today. Well, I'm just going to replay a little bit of what Darren Sivewright had to say, those extreme examples of a driver behavior and three point eight million eyes on our vehicles over the weekend, just over the long weekend from Thursday night midnight to midnight last night, So you know, please come in here every fortnight and say that we're out there just because you don't see us. We've got plenty of eyes on. You'd love to get your thoughts on that one double three eight eighty two the tapboard? Are any good at your place? Yes, it's a thirty five and knows of twenty six and happy to keep taking your comments on the b and Apple Fighting Championship. It was always going to happen in Perth. Yep. Always say to myself every day at ten o'clock, I won't get to the chorus, but I always do a good song, isn't it? Thank you Jimmy seven minutes past ten, Thanks for listening in today one double three a eighty two. A lot of comments on the Assistant Commissioner Darren siv Wright being in the studio. How about some of those extreme examples of driver behavior. A woman driving north on any ocean drive blows over point two and thought she was driving home to Cannington. I'd probably still be driving if she wasn't picked up, Wayne says, please bring out the RTA. Driver behavior is terrible and not checked by a speed camera. Wayne. It's very interesting, isn't it? And I appreciate your correspondence, mate, But three point eight million checks of cars, so that means, you know, I guess there's you know, there's a couple of million of us. We don't how many cars would there be in wa maybe maybe maybe three million cars. Maybe we've got a car on each car on half each or two cars per family per home. So that means most of us have been spot by a police camera a check twice, two, three times over the weekend. So Wayne very interesting from you. The police continue to maintain they do see us and they are watching us, and those stats would certainly indicate it. Twenty six thousand roadside breath tests for alcohol over the weekend. One hundred people pulled up, which probably would indicate the double demerit campaigns and the drink driving campaigns do get through on long weekends. But plenty people being picked up for ingesting meth and cannabis one double three eight eighty two. And we're asking the questions today given that the water corporation are doing a taste test on our water through the state. Is the tap water any good at your place? Yes, are thirty nine, the nose are twenty eight, which is quite high. We can tell you that last year the best water in Wa came out of dal yell Up, which is near Dunsbrough, isn't it Sean just there and down the road Fromdunsbrah And thank you. You can call us one double three a eighty two.
Speaker 10: The morning they Yeah, I just wanted to say that the cop was dead right we got up. The general public have got the impression that there's none of them guys out there and stuff like that. And we've all had incidents where we were called the police and they've been later and so on and so forth, which isn't so much an issue. Were wanting to actually raise with yourself, really bow that it's the actual judicial system that's broken because the amount of time and resource that the police have to put into all these repeating offenders just drags just drags the resources away from them and doesn't deal with the issue. I mean, it's not fair on the cops. To be fair, you know, it must get them down. I know if I was a copy would get me down. That you've got the same people going near this time and time and time again, and it's only them that are actually repeating the same offenses, and the courts just aren't doing anything with it, and that's that's what And unfortunately the cops that are ones out dealing with the public and they're the ones that get it in the neck. It's not the judges and it's not the barristers and all those sort of people. It's the poor coppers are on the sharp end dealing with the public all the time.
Speaker 1: Brian, I reckon, that's an opinion held commonly through the people who listened to this show and listen to the station. Where do you get that information from, because I don't know that it's I don't know that it's empirical or it's actual data anywhere. Where do you get that impression from?
Speaker 10: Well, it's it's I mean I attend a couple of the community community meetings and stuff like that. Yes, there's a little bit of a resource issue. The cop that was on there this morning, he said, well, look, we've never had so many coppers and that before. And they are out there. We do see them in vehicles and stuff like that, and we've had a spate of crimes in our neighborhood as well. But it's always related to the same person every time, you know, and it's always out on these people that are out on bail. And let's be honest, Bowie, if you have a look even on the news through the media, you know all these people are reoffended. They're all out on bail and actually set out on the streets. And you know, you think to yourself as a as a general public member of the general public, you think, hang on, you got arrested last week and he's back out on the street this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, good call. Does put it does put the pressure back on the on the gendarmes. Mate, no doubt about that. Thank you, Brian, good call. I you know I recall recent high profile ones the kid on the East scooter on the ride out that not the copper round outside of the stadium. I know that probably Tom Percy Casey is listening today, get a time. I saw Tom at the foot yesterday. He may know that there may be a way we can find that data. Is that an anecdotal, apocryphal kind of an opinion, or is that it can we prove that empirically that the courts let repeat offenders out. I genuinely don't know the answer the question, but he is certainly a perception. Thanks Brian, good call.
Speaker 17: God I Jeff Hey, Simon, Yeah, I just wanted to talk about the bare knuckle fighting. I just think it's ridiculous. I just I just don't understand that. I was a gigging musician like yourself for seventeen years, and you know, you're playing a nice bar on a nice venue and people having a nice meal, even sometimes families. You look around the screens and there's guys pummeling each other's heads.
Speaker 24: With elbows, blood everywhere, and you, you know, and you're singing, and you're singing and playing and when everyone has.
Speaker 1: A nice time, you're singing brown eyed girl.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, And you know, and I just I used to just scratch my head and disbelief. I just I just don't understand. I literally don't understand it. I mean, why don't we just throw people in a gladiator, ringing, binging the lions if they're that blood thirsty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, we got to We had a call on that yesterday, Jeff, Jeff cheers, mate. I reckon, I reckon. Most pubs are responsible with showing UFC. They show it at a UFC function if it's UFC number three hundred or whatever it is. Most of the pubs. I go to say, you know, this is on and it's usually on a Sunday morning, isn't or a Saturday morning or on Monday morning, depending on where it's being shown around the world. But it shouldn't really be shown just in general on pay TV in a pub. I'd be really surprised if that's even legal. Thanks Jeff, cheers mate, just I make the point this morning. This was always going to happen, this Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship. Dave Templeman amended the legislation and the regulations in January or in February. It's coming. We've had a rumor to the rumor file today that it's the tickets to go on sale on Wednesday and it'll be held at RC Arena, which we fund. So it's being endorsed by the state. One level three, Ay Daddy two. That's my question. Is that something the state should be allowing and endorsing or should it be more like UFC where it's run by a promotional company. And remember the promoter and the bloke who's in charge of Beer knuckle Fighting is Conor McGregor, who is a UFC bloke. Thanks Jeff cad a leo.
Speaker 18: Oh hullo, mate, how it is good?
Speaker 1: Thank you lot.
Speaker 18: You know, I guess it's I guess it's actually good that a bunch of meat heads go together and beat the crap out of each other, if they want to do that, if they want to watch it. I'm getting that practically everybody that goes likes a bit of krabby, as you know. They like to watch violence, They like to watch people get hurt. They probably go home and beat their wives. I'm spris I no doubt generally the two types of character go together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just I'll come back to the I don't know that that's true or if I can substantiate that it's you. There might be perception, you know. And I've been on Elio when we've seen fights in pub car parks when there's a long undercard, even when there's a fighter boxing fight. A longer long undercard means people get on the drink for six hours, and that doesn't always all go well in the car park. But I will stop short personally professionally saying people who like ben knuckle fighting are fighting at home. Keep going, mate, Oh look, you know.
Speaker 18: I don't know you're right, you can't peg everybody who wants to watch people getting feed up as being a violent character. I guess there're you know, I guess there's plenty of people that go to these fights that are pacifists, right, I mean, can you detect the sarcasm.
Speaker 7: In my voice?
Speaker 1: Yes? I can, Yeah, I can't belave god sha Yeah right, yeah, all right.
Speaker 18: Let's let's cater to the aggressive members of our society and let them have what they want, because probably otherwise they'll be they'll they'll take their aggression out in other ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Lee. Look at it is incremental too, right, So for those of us that are older, these things come in and they creep in, and this bracket creep and all of a sudden, you know, you've got the state governments changing legislation supporting a sport like this at a government building. So that's incremental. That wouldn't have happened twenty years ago. It probably wouldn't have happened fifteen years ago. Thanks Leo, cheers, could I Mike?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I just want to tell you my experience that it already expressed in Dianella. And on Saturday went to fill my team cup fuel seventy nine dollars went into pay, put the card in the f boss machine in the slot, and it was taking a while to process, and I said to the lady, I was taking a while. She goes, oh, it always takes a long time sometimes, and I went, okay, but it took about a minute anyway. So eventually the yet process done, I left. Next day, I went onto my bank accounts, and bank accounts lower than not, and I'm thinking, and I had a look, and instead of being charged for one transaction, I've been charged to seven of that amount, So four hundred and eighty dollars. They owe me four hundred and eighty dollars. Yeah, seven times, yep.
Speaker 1: So whilere you and you only tapped it once, No, I didn't tap.
Speaker 25: I inserted my account, got two accounts, ye and yep, only inserted it once. And it's charged me seven times instead of once.
Speaker 1: Have you gone back to them? What's what's what's going to happen here? Mike?
Speaker 25: Well, I've obviously I've got one eight hundred number to ring and it says we have no customer service people available. You have to put an online complaint through their website and so it's pretty much just an email and they say we are having some issues of doubling payments. Now this is just doubling, they're saying. But this is not double. This is quadriple, quadriple. And they say you'll get a refund within them five to seven days if you don't get in touch with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep in touch, mate, IP, I hope that works out. Is it a well? Is it a you said it was a server, A big one, one of the chain ones.
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's ready expressed. Cole's ready expressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, big chain, big chain, Yeah all right mate? Or am I good luck? Keep us posted? Hey mate, let us know. Hope you get your refund. Thank you, mate.
Speaker 25: Just see if any more listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happened to them, all right. Anybody had the same experience as Mike. So this is when you insert your credit card into the bottom of the little portable point of salm machine. Have you been charged more than once?
Speaker 12: One?
Speaker 1: Double?
Speaker 9: Three? Two?
Speaker 1: Is the phone name? Dave, Matt, Bruce, Tony Stay there is the tap border? Any good at your place? Forty one yes is and twenty eight know's and I just wanted to read you this. This is a good SMS from Pete Simon. Wow, I agree with your Pete, Wow, with regards to the city of pers scooter being involved in this crash, how does it now work for the critically injured victim in regards the compensation through ICWA Insurance Commissioner WA as its class as a motor vehicle crash overseas intoxicated driver rider on a high scooter on a footpath. Pete, very very good questions. We were trying to work out yesterday when we were on air whether it was a souped up e scooter you know, a recreational one which can do twenty five k's an hour, but the ones you get from the city perth r speed governed, we think ten k's an hour. So this does open at can of worms. And I do believe there's more to come here, Pete, so stay listening. I'm Simon Bay Might nineteen and a half past ten. Adrian has a semesteris today Adrian talking about the Shell already Express across the country and our man being pinged a number of times for inserting his credit card for petrol payment. Adrian says, Shell already Express across the nation. There are a number of high number of callers to three aw yes day three Ow's sister station in Melbourne. Almost all say they've been charged seven times for a try and transaction over the weekend thanks to Adrian. So there's a systemic hack and a problem there one double three eighty two. And Paulie, who's one of our long term listeners, has sent us a message. PAULI is a long term martial arts blow kday poorly, always listened to the station, always listening to this program. I can't believe that many people are calling in saying fighters a meatheads and spousal abuses. I've been in the fight game of forty years. On this offensive, he says, let's talk about the AFL players endless issues of drug abuse, stalking, abusing their exits. No one is forcing anyone to watch the beer, knuckle boxing, UFC, MOUTAI or anything else. Paul, thanks mate, Always good to hear from you. And I guess my point of view, Pauly, as I've been pretty clear on is is it okay? And you know your your sport. Notwithstanding, Paul, is it okay for the state government to sanction, endorse and allow event like this into a government building? Change legislations are allowed to come in that is that's a change, Pauly. That's why I'm talking about today. And I understand. You know, a lot of martial arts people are very very disciplined, very fit, very technically, very sound.
Speaker 10: All of that.
Speaker 1: This is big blokes trying to knock each other's blocks off, and if you have a look at the videos, there's bloods all over each other and what have you.
Speaker 26: Now.
Speaker 1: I also understand that, you know boxing. I think the last Zoo fight t Su Why You Fought, involved a lot of blood as well, So I do get that, but this is this does feel and look a little bit different. I could be wrong, Hoby staying corrected on this one. Twenty four past ten, Could I dive?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 27: I good, Dad, Simon, come yeah.
Speaker 28: I just like to comment on the bare knuckle box the thing, if you can call it ber knuckle boxing, it's just fighting, really, I mean, apart from the fact that it shouldn't be sanctioned by the government and the government building. This country's got a problem with violence, especially with young men and domestic violence. If we're going to call this a sport and allow these young men to emulate their sports heroes, particularly any other kid playing cricket in the backyard or kicking a soccer ball about young boys want to emulate their heroes. We are calling this the sports, giving it some kind of dignity and seeing that it's okay. If this is two guys in a corner of the street trying to knock clumps to each other, it's crime. But you stick it in the arac Arena, you call it a sports. I think it's wrong. It should be banned completely, totally barbaric and not what a model society.
Speaker 9: Should be having.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave, thanks mate, well articulated. So the day of day's well against it one double three eight eighty two. Plenty of plenty of issues coming in. On water, Corey says, big old no on tapwater in Clarkson so much Calcimino water, says Corey. Thanks for your correspondence on all of this, great show. Good to have you back. Can't believe this government anything for the tourist dollar, no standards at all, says Patricia. Good to have you back. Thanks Patricia. It's I think we have about six months now, but I appreciate your thoughts. Nice to have you listening. I don't think there's tourist dollars. Maybe there is maybe people will come from into state internationally to watch the BKFC. It's coming, it was always going to come. Here is coming on the nineteenth of July, which is forty six days away, and it's at the rac Arena. Tickets go sale on Wednesday.
Speaker 9: Tony, good morning man.
Speaker 1: How are good, Tony?
Speaker 9: I don't know, but I think we are in a society. Even the government forgot about all the one punch of text of what happening in Perth. You know, we were all outraged when it was happening, and now we're putting the same thing that actually happened in Nordbridge and wherever else happened that we were other aged. We're putting it in the cage fighting. And not only that, the AFL have got it started having these stringent rules on concussion rules because we learned, we're starting to learn what the long term effects of a head knocking would do to you.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: I mean the two don't got together. I mean just me. But it's a hypocrisy my view.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Tony, thank you. As I said earlier this morning, it's my understanding. If you get whacked repeatedly by a boxing glove with the surface areas of boxing glove that can do. Then then you're moving into CTE territory. And that's the case with footballer is right head knock, had not head knocked, contest head knock, Rugby union, rugby league head knock. That's when you move into CTE brain disorder issues. Could I leam, oh, hi, how are you good? Thank you great?
Speaker 5: I'm just want to talk about the water. A few years ago of my son. He used to drink a lot, a lot, a lot of water and the time he's drinking it in front of me and mummy, and water tastes like the Riverton Leisure flex And I was really yeah, I was really astounded because it was only about six or something like when he said it. And I really felt guilty because he drank so much water about giving him my water, our water. But it ended up that when I could afford it, I went and got one of those complete filtration systems put in and oh, now I've got my older heaven't the water tastes amazing?
Speaker 19: Is Even my older son's.
Speaker 5: Mate come to the water, They're like, oh my god, the water here now, it's beautiful. But honestly, I felt feeding him chemicals that's.
Speaker 1: Very good, LeeAnne, thank you. Yeah, it's the Water Corporation. They're running a taste test on water around the state. Last year's winner was dale Yell Up just near just around the corner from Dunlinsborough. Get a Michael, they're good, Simon, how are you good? Thank you?
Speaker 21: So I just wanted to mention it all seems really hypocritical of regarding this burface boxing. I mean, the government has spent millions regarding the one Punch knockout and about Danny Green promoting it and how bad it was around w A and Australia, all these one punch king hits, and now they're basically out there promoting it. It's burface boxing. That's exactly what happens with these one punch knock at It's just somebody you know, smacking other guy in their head. It's the exact same thing. I mean, I just if that was to happen during the Birfist boxing, what would happen there? It just it's very hypocritical. Why spend millions promoting not you know how the police are going to crack down on this, so we're going to do this. Why spend all that money and then and then promote it to come over you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good point and that that's yeah, And that's the nuance of it, isn't it. And we're getting a lot of correspondence on this. And I know I think the Danny Green campaign was called the Coward's punch campaign. I think from memory. Yeah, And I'm assuming that they were campaigns across the fair. But of Dough that came from the state government. It was always going to come here and look at you have you have to ask the question. It was always going to come here. We've spoken a reader on the program about it a couple of times. She said, we'll leave it up to the Combat Sports Commission if they say it's going to there's conditions in place and it's going to be safe, safeish and run to a certain set of criteria and rules. She does have the power of so she's also the minister responsible for the rac Arena because that's the Venues West revenue and I'm pretty sure it still is and that means that Rita has that's in her remit as well. Interesting, isn't it's? Hep us ten. Thanks for listening in Today I'm going to talk to Shawn Lindsey in just a moment about tap order. Seawan Lindsay is got some very strong thoughts on drinking water. He's a self confessed tap order enthusiast. Shawn Lindsay will join us from the production desk in just the moment. It's a tap water any good at your place? The yes, it's the forty two of the nose of thirty one and shore water, Shane says, Goode Bowie. According to my nephew, who's hondo per or hunge per Across this brief, tap water and shore water is auce. Thanks thanks Sholder, Shane. It sounds different when the late Tony Gregor's say it, aurse dalyiall up is south of Bumbry. Thanks Darren. Cheers, mate, thank you, thanks for listening in. I've always lived in the mess and suburbs for many years, always have trapped tap water with no ill effects. Thank you, Paul all part of living in the leafy greens, mate, Thank you. Twenty nine minutes to eleven now, Shawan Lindsay joins us from our production area. He's our executive producer and he strangely is an expert on drinking tap water. Sean. Thank you mate, thanks for coming in a lot of texts. Here best water in Banjup, says Murray. Been nothing better than drinking God's pea. Drinking here for forty years, says Murray. That's rainwater. Are you like rainwater? Drank rainwater over the weekend.
Speaker 29: Delicious went down to warp Pole. I had a wonderful time down then and I had Delicious Sweet. It's like nectar to me. The rainwater from the tank, it just it just soothes the soul. And I think it's because I grew up. I was very fortunate to grow up on a runa dam water. Oh yes, you know my childhood was twenty or how old am I?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 29: It was thirty years ago and it was just like straight from the dam into the taps and that rain water, your damn water.
Speaker 1: Since then, you've been an enthusiast. Enthusiast. Yeah, this is very good in Redcliffe, even better down at my brother's place in Munda. John always filled up my water bottle before I leave. It just tastes cleanness is Peter Jan says the water in South Thrier of Beaconsfield is awful, tastes horrible, full of chemicals and the old pipeston't help all. O came Bays water, says Vince Bays water that can be seen in the name. This is only in relation to the tap water. Lots of correspondence on water now there is a website. Sure, yeah, so the water Corporation, I've done a good thing. And you can actually type in your address and it tells you where you get your water from. So a lot of it's a combination of different places.
Speaker 29: So if you were to type in one six' Nine Hay, street which of course IS, hq you'll find that thirty five percent of the water we get here is from desalination one of the two big plants we have in metro perth thirty six percent of ground, water twenty six percent of, dams and the rest IS i don't, know undescribed, water apparently non.
Speaker 1: Specified i'm going to come back to. YOU i think you've got some thoughts On espirant's. Water, YES i. Do just stay there for six because there's A kathy's phone in High, Kathy, Hi, simony what have you? Seen?
Speaker 30: Okay i'm just.
Speaker 31: Going on The quanana south and then on the other side of the roads are going, north just Past Thomas road with a large dog and a very good dog breeder identifier bigger than a, kelpie like a rich, back that sort of, coloring that sort.
Speaker 21: Of goldie.
Speaker 31: Beasy, color just trotting along in the.
Speaker 1: Bush so d so on the inside the road reserve on the freeway heading north Near, Thomas cathy.
Speaker 31: On the not the road with what on the other, side but not in the, middle but you, know on the the left hand, side on the, edge just cutting, along just out of. Stroll but you, know if you decided to change, direction might get into the traffic Past thomas Before.
Speaker 1: Angel, yeah Between thomas And Angtel all, right, Hey, kathy thank, you and you're right you're not good at identifying. Breeds but BUT i know what you. Mean a Goldie beiji in between kelpie, nondescript. Nondescript but Thanks, kathy thanks for the. Core so, Yeah, Kathy so Between thomas And, ankettell there's a dog on the. Road there's a horse in the hospital running alongside the, Road so talk to. Me you work In estmants for a long period of. Time estromant's, water, yeah so people that have been To espins will know that the water is very.
Speaker 29: Hard so there's a lot of cow some carbonate otherwise known as limestone from where they get the water. From and WHEN i first moved down there a number of years, ago it was the first thing you.
Speaker 1: Noticed the taste is very.
Speaker 29: Distinct it was it was almost almost sour to my to.
Speaker 1: My refined, palate epicurean, palette.
Speaker 29: Palette AND i SO i decided to have a look into it and see if it.
Speaker 4: Was it was.
Speaker 29: Okay you couldn't lather soap on your body with the shower water so. Hard this, water yeah, Okay and the water corp came back and said, no, no it's all about. Board so, yes we acknowledge that there have been some complaints about the, water but they have a something called.
Speaker 1: Aesthetic which is the taste of the.
Speaker 29: Water and although The esperance water was low on the, rating it's still past their allowable. Limits so you could still drink it and you Weren't you weren't going to get. Sick but we have another colleague in the. Team she works very hard delivering a baby which is coming Baby, smote but she has done work In esperance and her former bosses said avoid the water if you, can really might get. Ill, yeah, okay so.
Speaker 1: We had AND i think it was in.
Speaker 29: Espirance it was a badge of. Honor if you drank the, water you're a proper local if you.
Speaker 1: DID i.
Speaker 29: DIDN'T i stuck to the to The gibson soak water which you could buy.
Speaker 1: In Gibbs it so yeah, right, Yeah WELL i Know newman WHEN i lived In, newman in the town Of numan for a few, years that was hard water as well, calcium.
Speaker 29: And that's obviously local water has to be local. Water and it's not the taps is the actual, water and it's not treated well. ENOUGH i spose it's to do with the. Film, yeah to do the treatment because the damn water was out of. TOWN i can't remember the name of the dam in human but you. Can't probably came from ten fifteen twenty k's. Away but it's how it's, treated.
Speaker 1: Right did you struggle to lather soap's well?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah thing big. Time BUT i think persu smell. Funny But perth in general is.
Speaker 29: OKAY i had a grandma In maylands AND i thought that water wasn't very. Good the water in john and WHAT i think's. OKAY i Think Northern sabers is okay And victon's got good from what we're hearing from the text, Line.
Speaker 1: Yeah all, right Thanks, sean thank, you. Welcome you're so, excited Good man And seawan, lindsay self proclaimed water enthusias this is the greatest day Of sewn's. Life we're talking about water. Today ivan, says when my daughter goes To, melbourne she brings back a bottle Of melbourne. Water thank, You. Ivan this one here on The so this is the Shell Ready express. Story are you getting multiple? Transactions mick Of. Leaming my card was charged twice for the same fuel purchase that Shell Ready expressed On. Saturday it took a four minute to go through AFTER i. Swiped Thanks. Mike that seems to be the, Outlet, Mate it seems to be the. Outlet this one here From george, Today. George the problem with the courts is they know the prisons are, full so they tend to let the guy out. Again hard to have prisoner ramping like the. Hospitals, unfortunately looks like the government needs to build more, prisons Says. George Thanks. George that has been the case for some. Time, GEORGE i reckon our male prison population is around seven, thousand and that varies enormously day to day as people come out of remand people go to, court people get, released people move. Around, yeah maybe that's the. CASE i think The Prisoner Review board go reasonably hard on keeping people in prison as, well so that getting out of prison is more. Stringent thanks for your. Thoughts is the tap water any good at your? Place the, yes the forty, six the nose thirty. Four thanks for. Listening this Is perth. Today I'm Simon. Beaumont amazing. Figure this one twelve Hundred West Australian public school. Teachers twelve one Hundred West Astralian public school teachers resigned in the calendar year of twenty twenty. Four Ky graves joins us as president of The Principal's federation OF WA. Kai good to talk to you, Again Mining. Hot that's a. Lot that's a high, figure isn't It it? Is, unfortunately, yes and there be some natural attrition in that retirements. Resignations, yeah but you're hearing other factors, too aren't.
Speaker 32: You, yeah absolutely. So what you AND i have spoken before about the fact that schools are a reflection of complex, society AND i certainly believe that schools are dealing with significant levels of complexity now in, classrooms and it doesn't surprise me that teachers and school leaders are feeling the stress of having to manage and put into place processes to best deal with some of those.
Speaker 1: Situations so kaya the teachers THAT i know, say we know we've got more admin to. Do we do if we've got to keep with special, needs we need to attend to. That the marketing is complicated and often creeps into our. Weekends it's not unusual to drive past the pub school in a country town and see teachers in work On sunday getting ready for the. Week so is the job getting two demanding and too? COMPLEX i think what.
Speaker 32: We're expecting to be done in what most would consider a normal work week has increased due to the. Layers some of that is bureaucracy and that. Complexity, YES i think school leaders and teachers do an amazing job and trying to support and do the best for all, students and that, requires when you have high levels of complexity in your classroom or indeed your, school multiple layers of support to, happen and that, requires unfortunately more workloads without seeing a corresponding rise in resourcing and support from our employer to address.
Speaker 1: That so, again this is an. Anecdotal these are questions coming from, me a non. Teacher is it parent and kid behavior at times causing people to move out of the? INDUSTRY i think that's it in.
Speaker 32: PART i don't think that's the whole, story but certainly that is an. Element the expectations on school leaders and teachers to fix or address societal issues or problems has, increased and, society unfortunately has this expectation that they're in school for six hours a, day and so schools will be able to rectify or put in place all of the supports that are required for a young person to be able to thrive and do.
Speaker 1: Well, krai this is a related, topic AND i guess again Something i've been on for a, while the use of mobile phones in schools is that. Changing it was always down to the discretion of the principal and the school leaders as to whether and how they manage mobile phones in. Schools is that shifting in a little. Bit is it coming back to where schools don't really like mobile phones in. Classrooms i'm not.
Speaker 32: Sure in, general school leaders and teachers enjoyed mobile phones in. Schools, ever it crept In you're right and became quite an. Issue there is a policy now in the department that mobile phones are switched off all day and not to be. Utilized that is a burden though on school leaders and teachers to actually have to then enforce that in.
Speaker 33: Schools so you.
Speaker 32: Can imagine some of these young people are quite attached to their phone and being connected to their social, media and so that can be a potential area of conflict that schools may have to. Manage so and added complexity to what they're doing in terms of having those, conversations sometimes multiple times a day with the same student to put their phone away.
Speaker 1: In if we're trying to address, this you, know AS i, say with bracket creep of job complexity and the light is it do we take it one bit of? Time just say, right no mobile phones in. Schools every school has to you, know every kid has to put in their mobile phone in a box before they go to. Class is? It would you support?
Speaker 19: THAT i think that that would be.
Speaker 32: Amazing, HOWEVER i think that on the, ground in a practical, sense AS i, said that sets school leaders and teaches up for potential confrontation with, students but also with families who have an expectation that their child be allowed their.
Speaker 9: Mobile phone in some.
Speaker 32: Instances SO i think that then becomes a flashpoint potentially for some school communities to have to implement.
Speaker 1: That KaiA Grays kaya AND i chat every now and then about matters. Schooling she's the president of The Principal's federation OF. Wa twelve Hundred West australian public school teachers resign in twenty twenty. Four have you got a friend or a family member who was one of those and let me know why? Kay the other? One we learned yesterday that the biggest school In wa now is Not rossmine Or Shanton college or any of that in the big ones or, churches is actually. Side it's Actually Distance educations that is now officially the biggest school IN. Wa bit of a, Shock.
Speaker 32: I'm imagining to people to think about. That most of us think about distance education or side as for those, situations and there should be few situations whereby certainly in the regional areas where a teacher might not be, available that students could actually access curriculum and potentially if a specialist in particular wasn't, available they could still do those specialist subjects in the senior years of secondary. School very sad to hear that lots of primary schools are also having to access that that is complicated by we have supply issues in terms of, teachers not just from resignations and, burnout but teachers simply not coming through the. System AND i think specifically WHEN i talk about, that school leaders are desperately trying both in the regions and in The metro, area because There's metro area schools who are using side teaching as well in the. Languages so to deliver a, language which is a compulsory element of school up to year, nine all students must do a language and design and, technology where the universities simply don't have the number of teachers going through the preservice program to address.
Speaker 10: The need in.
Speaker 1: Schools so metro schools are using side these in distance. Education there are some instances, yes, wow just a kind of because of teaching and resource.
Speaker 32: Shortages correct in The mantra, area it would be very specific to predominantly languages and design and. Technology, gotcha all?
Speaker 1: RIGHT i always good to chat to. You thank you for your time today and thank. You we'll see what our listeners think take.
Speaker 12: Care.
Speaker 1: Thanks i'm in Bain By Kai, Graves president of The Principals federation Of. Wa so the biggest school IN wa is Not Shenton, park it's Not, churches it's Not, rossmoyne it's. Side it's the distance education school and some metro schools have to use it and metro students study distance education in languages and design because there's not the. Resources and our guess times have changed a little, bit haven't They in THAT i don't think teachers have to go to the bush anymore to get a permanent metropolitan. Postings that has. Changed do you know a teacher that's quit in the last couple of? Years twelve hundred last. Year twelve hundred public school teachers quit last. Year they worked long, hours don't they. DON'T i think we. Can we're sort of in that ear. Now you can't, say, well teachers don't do much and they get six weeks of seven weeks of the whole day a. Year IT'S i don't think it's that job. Anymore it's, complex it's. Demanding there are special needs kids around need to look after. Them the admin levels have gone. UP a monitoring of mobile phones and the. Like it's a different job to what it was twenty years, ago that's for. Sure, Yes, no is the tap water any good at your? Base forty eight yeses and thirty seven nose Back in a, Moment glenn says it's okay to put phones in a box at. School all they do is put a fake old phone. In their kids are smarter than you. Think, yeah they probably.
Speaker 25: Are no.
Speaker 1: Dramas we're talking about the water a dual place. Today is it any? Good one double three eight eighty two or zero four eight, seven triple nine eight ety?
Speaker 34: Two?
Speaker 1: Yes is a forty nine the nose of thirty, eight so it's fairly even at this. Point let us know where you are if you do correspond with. Us pippa says the water In inglewood is terrible of a whole house water filter which makes its drink. Well otherwise it's, awful all says Pipp, up And brendan, says does Ken k aqueous cream lather? Up Bowie. Berendon that's very detailed and for those people who have been, Listening Kenk Aqueous cream is my soap of choice or non sop of, choice and has been for about forty years or so now it does? It, No brendan. Doesn't it doesn't. Matter and, mate they've stopped making. It they stopped making. It So i've got about six tubs in my, joint but they've stopped making.
Speaker 4: It so.
Speaker 1: In a spotted by the mate in more trouble than the early. Settlers brendan one double three at two is the? Phono sharon, says River vale named after its tap, water not the prop similar to the. River thank, you And mark says a follow up question For tomorrow's your water pressure any?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 1: Thanks Mart? Marie good, A, Marie, oh good, Morning.
Speaker 35: Simon here's the question for. You just settle one time for.
Speaker 1: All, yeah, well just you.
Speaker 35: Now having a bit of a argument yesterday in the. Car does anybody remember the down at the bottom Of King's park Along Monts Beer. ROAD i think it was near The Swan berrier were? There there used to be a fountain ages ago where people used to go and fill up their. Bottles does anybody remember that?
Speaker 1: One was it on the cycleway, Side? Marie was it on the on the river side near The Blue? House, no it was opposite that.
Speaker 35: Kind of opposite The Swan brewery.
Speaker 1: There oh, yeah, YEAH i remember.
Speaker 27: That is that is that?
Speaker 1: Gone has?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 1: Sorry there's a, tap there's a tap go on the? Fountain gone The. Bubbler i'm not.
Speaker 35: Sure because they're doing some work there and there used to be that that not a, restaurant but like a food thing where people used to go after the. Nightclubs, yeah, yeah, yeah someone that's still.
Speaker 1: There, YEAH i don't think it. Is do you know what it's? Called Bernie. Son it's the last Other bernie's to Go bernie's, soeah, yeah, yeah Thanks. Marie good. Call what was the name of the food takeaway joint The Long Mount's Bay? Road was It? BERNIE'S i can't. Remember i'm normally good at these sorts of, things BUT i can't remember that. One we'll come back in just a. Moment it's three and a half minutes to eleven. O'CLOCK i just want to replace some of What darren Sith wright said to us this. Morning you'll hear in our news Bulletins Maddie cross has been to The Prime. Minister The premier And rita have been out today and we'll find out From maddie what they've been talking. About you'll Hear maddie's report in the eleven o'clock news replay a bit of What darren Sith wright says, today and we are keeping an eye on the court appearance of the e scooter Versus pedestrian Of Saturday Nights Day listening a. Variety The Children's charity OF wa is celebrating fifty incredible years of helping kids living with chronic, illness disability and or. Hardship and for those fifty, years varieties radio over seven hundred million dollars Across. Australia and now it's your chance to double the. Magic double the. Magic every donation will be doubled thanks to a generous anonymous. Donort how good, Philanthropy it's. Best tomorrow you are invited to join ours six pm as we broadcast live from five am to one. Pm So carl And milsey and myself and our teams will be at The Dome cafe Deep Water point for variety Day Dome, cafe Deep Water point from five am to One vergo joins us to spin the. Wheel is no one better to do that have for your chance to win a. Prize bring the kids on to play on the PlayGame and to see the fire. Engine plus the first fifty guest will enjoy a free coffee thanks To Dome Dig Deep double The Magic Donate. Night donate now at this Website variety, Fifty variety fifty dot com dot. Au how. Good seven minutes past. Eleven if you want to call the program you can one double three eight eighty. Two we are going to talk To Maddie cross in just a. Moment she's been to a press conference with The, premier The Prime minister And Rita. Safaiotti maddi will bring us up to date on all of that with some audio as. Well you may have Heard maddie's reports in our news. Book and just then we're asking the question was the food outlet On Sterling, Highway Mounts Bay? Road was It bernie's And brian From hamersley Today Brian bernie's was opened By, Hamilton So, Brian i'm assuming that's a person or is the company who saw a mark of for Burgers when THE usa soldiers In perth and The, catalinas so the flying boats were on the, river they builted a curry hall opposite the university On Sterling, highway so that's now a dormitory accommodation for the, students THE uwa students And brian didn't know. That, brian thank you, mate good on. You gibbo Says bernie is, Correct Simon bernize and went to there in the. Seventies and my parents just got off the plane from THE. Uk and thanks to all the correspondents In peter's In. Korea our kitchen tapwater is terribly but the bathroom and launchry tap water is. Okay it must be an old pipe is. Shoe Thanks, pete good on. You we did speak To Darren sifwright earlier this, morning The assistant. Commissioner he told us some pretty extraordinary tales of bad behavior by drivers over the, weekend over the long. Weekend Here's darren siv right from. Earlier have a listen to this.
Speaker 3: A lady On, monday the second Of june On Indian ocean. Drive and we Know Indian Ocean driver has been in the news, lot in the news a lot over the last few. Years one hundred and thirty seven clicks in one hundred and ten zone In. Lehman the female driver returned a preliminary test of point two four, five so nearly five times point.
Speaker 1: Two four five by alcohol.
Speaker 12: Level.
Speaker 36: Yep.
Speaker 3: Wow that got that returned a formal test of point one eight, seven so she's been charged with uy and. Speeding when spoken to the, lady she was driving north On Indian Ocean. Drive lady thought she was driving home To.
Speaker 1: Cannington no, way so she's gone the wrong way gone and there's no idea where she is. Correct how about that point two five downgraded to point one eighty, seven which is still massive and the wrong way driving north when she wears That lehman's probably two hundred caves In, CANNINGTON i would have thought. Extraordinary thanks to the police of Providing darren sib write to us this. Morning we are keeping an eye on the. Courts we understand there is a further developments today around the eastcoota versus pedestrian From saturday. NIGHT i think it's a bail hearing today or something like, that but we are waiting to hear what happens with that later today one double three eight to eighty.
Speaker 3: Two thanks for.
Speaker 1: Listening Mattie cross has been to a press conference with The, premier The Prime minister And Rita. Safiotti The Prime, Minister Anthony, alberanizi is In perth for a cabinet. Meeting, mattie how did you go this? Morning what can you tell?
Speaker 3: Us?
Speaker 37: Yeah it was, good Thanks. Bowie, YEAH i mean a lot of things come up in those press. Conference there's lots of questions about things happening all over the, country all over the. State BUT i do know you've been speaking about the bare knuckle fire or boxing, debate and that did come up in questions. TODAY i know you've been speaking about. It but also our breakfast show they have been speaking about the latest development that a former Biking Matt, floyd he wants to headline this competition and this is what they heard on their show this.
Speaker 14: Morning, So, matt they've called an emergency meeting with THE Wa Combat Sports commission to decide whether.
Speaker 1: You can fight when where you know the outcome of whether you can or you.
Speaker 38: CAN'T i was ACTUALLY i just got back From aland YESTERDAY i was training over. THERE i actually came back today because they're going to let me know because when the meeting is going to be this, week so hopefully it will be as soon as possible SO i can get back into my. Training but they'll give me an. Answer by the sounds.
Speaker 1: Of, It, yeah this week so there Was Matt floyd talking To millsy And carl this. Morning we've heard a room since, Then maddie that the tickets will go on soil On wednesday and the event will be at the Rac. Areen she's a government owned. Building BUT i think reader may have been questioned about it, Today.
Speaker 35: Yeah she.
Speaker 37: Was, so you, know everything's kind of up in the, air And rita has been questioned about it every time she speaks to, media but, today especially with this development About Matt, floyd she was asked if she supports him headlining and what the latest is at The Combat Sports. Commission here's what she, Said, well.
Speaker 39: All of those issues are assessed by The Combat Sports. Commission so basically The commission checks all of the potential boxes and. Fighters they go through assessments and that's.
Speaker 5: What they're there.
Speaker 4: For so they'll go through and in relation to any, event they will have to go through and assess whether the particular boxer or fighter should be on the.
Speaker 1: Card all, Right so that's still still in the, mix and at this stage to both The premier And Minister, safioda who's The sports And recreation minister in this, regard he's saying we'll leave it to The Combat Sports commission to determine how whether the event should go. Ahead certainly it looks like tickets will consile On. Wednesday at this, point did anyone talk about THE, gst The goods And Service tax AND wa.
Speaker 37: Take, yes everyone spoke about THE. Gst, well everyone was asked about. It so the federal government it's facing more pressure from The Eastern states to fix THE gst rules because they obviously ALLOWED wa.
Speaker 40: To receive extra.
Speaker 37: Revenue now so it means the rules mean no, state no STATE'S tst should be worse, off and they it won't fall below seventy five cents of every. Dollar and The Prime Minister Anthony, albanize he was asked about these renewed.
Speaker 1: Calls here was his.
Speaker 41: Response we support the position ON wa THAT i took to the ELECTION i took to the twenty twenty two, election and that we're enshrined at The National. Cabinet it must be said SOME i think a year ago we enshrined that going. Forward importantly as, well part of that is that no states being worse off that guarantee and that guarantee is in.
Speaker 1: Place so what is happening in the background of all That maddie is That Victorian New South wales are arking up and they're saying we need to wind Back WA's cap because they're getting too much given that we here IN wa have the opportunity to get revenue from other. Royalties so again the two most popular states unhappy with THEIR gst.
Speaker 37: Take, yeah AND i don't think that's a, surprise you. KNOW i think THEY'VE i don't know how if they've ever been really happy with, it but, yeah just the renewed calls, today.
Speaker 1: Yep what was the actual announcement, About, yeah.
Speaker 37: So let's get to that bo were We it was actually at the Main roads building In. Perth they've just really outlined how road congestion is going to be a focus in the. BUDGET i don't know if there's much really new knew about, it but they just kind of outlined how a total of four hundred and eighty five million dollars has been allocated to deliver upgrades on four key roads In South that specifically includes four hundred and sixty million To wide And Quanana freeway Between Row highway And Mortimer. Road that's obviously a road where a lot Of perth people get stuck in awful. Traffic i'm sure yesterday on the long weekend a lot of people were stuck in that coming back from their. Holidays so the investment will add around fifty percent more capacity to that. Section and they've just confirmed that works are expected to start next, year should be done by the end of twenty, nine twenty twenty. Nine but we will be seeing more congestion while those works are.
Speaker 1: Happening and we were the other three roads that Ridden South Freeway Banana.
Speaker 37: Freeway let me get up my, Notes. Bowie so it's Between Russell road And, mortimer then Between Row highway And Beregan, Drive Russell road And Barellier, Drive Safety Bay road And Row.
Speaker 1: Highway, okay so all Freeway, yeah well based on The Krnano south And. North all, Right, mattie thank you very. Much thank.
Speaker 37: You where do you, Live Doune craigs water or it has no?
Speaker 1: Water?
Speaker 37: Yeah your tasties yeah, FINE i like fridge, water but water it's.
Speaker 1: Fine. Yeah.
Speaker 37: YEAH i was going to, SAY i don't get caught on The Quanana freeway.
Speaker 1: Traffic, no, no you avoid all Comprehensive. Maddie thank you very. Much he will hear your reports in the news. Today thank, You thank You Maddie cross from our newsroom here at SIX. Pr it's a sixteen minutes past. Eleven love to hear from you today with your. Thoughts looking forward to many more cars and TRUCKS i think is on the on The qurana frail for many years to. Come Greetings jeff From Safety bay. One douvel THREE a toighty two is the phone number. Now NOW a couple of, things so ALL i on go To bumbriy this weekend when THE afl does go To. Bumbriy so we're going to chat to The mayor Of bumbrey in just a, moment see how it's going and talk about hands. Over BUT i also wanted to talk to as well As Jason Sam miguel what sorts Of Doug kitchen From, caple the shore Of. Caple those road works that out out Of Ring road that goes From bumbriy To, buso how's that. Going it's been five years in the. Making it's which is hat central at The bustleton. End there's a million witch has hats AND i wonder how that's. Going what you think of it as a? USER a lot of, roundabouts a lot of. Congestion is it working and is it pushing cars onto other roads in the. Area stay, Listening i'm going to talk about The Wilman Wadandy road in just a. Moment this is The bumbria out Of Ring. Road it's still not finished and it's still causing a little bit of, GRIEF i, reckon particularly after a long weekend which we've just. Had certainly The bustleton end is fraught with which is hats traffic cones eighty sixty forty eighty sixty forty kind of setups down. There so we're going to talk to the mayor Of bumbri and the and the shy present Of capele in just a. Moment heads To bumbry this. Weekend get A dylan Good A. Bowie how you going going?
Speaker 42: Well you can finance your retirement on chares In witch And Satin bollard's, companies couldn't You at the moment In.
Speaker 1: Wla, YES i Wish i'd seen this. Coming, YEAH i just.
Speaker 42: Wanted just going on the fact how long it's taking the cable The bumbury works to be done and the works on the freeway At ikea. THERE i just want to correct the young. Lady when she said completion date twenty twenty, NINE i think she meant twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: Nine Thanks, Mane Thanks. Dlan yet. CHEERS i go drive under the new, bridge isn't. IT i think it's The Stevenson extension from an On Stealing boulevard goes Past ikea, There so that looks. Complex i'm not quite sure what that will. Mean i' mean The Cedric, road The Cedric street On ratt and Off frank's changed radically in the last year or, so but that there's a lot of congestion through through that, area Passed ikea onto the. Freeway so this is all meant to remedy that mitigate. That thanks good only make twenty two minutes past eleven o'clock to, Day, Jerry oh good, bowie and thanks.
Speaker 15: For taking a.
Speaker 43: Call just a couple of Comments Rita, safiotti she is not the type of person that likes her authority. Challenged it's her way or the. Highway it's as simple as. That with, her with the bare novel, FIGHTING i suggest That rita takes the prime seat in the front row near the boxing ring itself so she can experience, it you, know the whole, thing you, know the blood sweat and the saliva spray all over her, listening and she can sit with the bikis in the front. Seat and here the jaw cracking hits as the knuckles hit the opponent and the eyes roll and the unconscious AS i hit the, map you, know on the, CANVAS i think they call. It, Yeah so she should be right up front, there sitting with THE biki so she can get the whole full. Experience Thanks, Bowie oh Thanks.
Speaker 1: Ery so she says it's not her cup of. Teens she's not going to, go And roger's not going to go as, well Mister, Cookier. Premier The, yeah AS i said right at the start, today near the top of the show, today it's. Coming it was always going to come, here it would seem When David temple would change the legislation the regulations In february to in OUR bkfc to be recognized by The Combat Sports. Commission it's. Coming the tickets go on style On, wednesday and we believe it's going to be the Rac. Arena that's a government. Building so it's all very well for The premier and for The minister to, say you, know it's up to The Combat Sports, commission but they're in charge that. Joint they're in charge of the spend, anyway you, know it's our. Resource that is our. Resource rac. Arena the staff payments come out of government, coffers casual, staff all of. That the event will promote itself and pay out the prize money and pay for, this that and the, other and pay a venue. Higher but it's a government. Facility SO i think the optics are is that we as a government are supporting the ban Uck Or Fighting. Championship taking a lot of calls today from people who are pro martial arts and people who are, not and it's a real. Divide it's really a very, divisive polarizing. Issue all eyes turned the hands over this weekend lead up to THE afl. Fixture joining us on the show now Is jason Sam, miguel The city Of Bumbury. Mayor, Gooday, jason how are you very?
Speaker 27: Well thanks? Mate how are we going?
Speaker 1: Going? Well you're going along on the weekend, Yourself, yeah we'll.
Speaker 27: Be we'll be heading. Along so we just went past this. Morning actually the ovals in Good. Nick i'm obviously getting some pretty good rain in the next few. Days but LOOK i think we're going to manage to turn it on because the forecast looks pretty good For. Sunday, sunday so all exciting down.
Speaker 1: Here anything you can tell our, Listeners, jason it's the epicenter of of THE wa football world this. Weekend do you know much about buses or What bumbury's doing from a city. Perspective, yeah we've got a.
Speaker 27: Fair bit going. On we've been working With TRENDS wa and whatnot around. That so those who have got tickets definitely through their ticketing, information that information has all been released and will be continued to. Release so internally we've got buses going from THE cbd and then there's a park and ride facility at Hay, park but then we've got stuff From bustleton And. EATON i believe there's some private charters being organized For berthyone coming down From. Perth but obviously the whole IDEA i hoping people are going to be coming down and spending some quality time down. Here that's what we wanted to see out of. This but, yeah certainly that information and we have a dedicated website set up on through The city's, page which has all the information about getting. There and, leaving but also around what else we're, doing because it's a fibit, planned which is why we're very hopeful this weather does turn nice for us all the weekend because we've got some good stuff going on throughout this sort of weekend around with some of our private enterprises down here as well putting on some good. Stuff so it's all set looking forward to a first regional game In. Wa so, yeah very excited to be getting this opportunity and hopefully we can put on a good. Show so everybody wants to scream back here in fift.
Speaker 1: Years, yeah for, sure no doubt about. It good luck to you and good luck to the city Of. Bumbry, jason there was a rumor came through to the rumor, files AND i don't know if you've heard, this and often with rumors they can be difficult to, substand but about it's about the state government helping out to move the lighting towers at Hands. Over here's the.
Speaker 14: Rumor apparently THE afl broadcaster visited the development down there In South bumbrey to ACCOMMODATE afl. Football they found a light tower was blocking the view of the. Camera so the club has had to spend seven hundred thousand dollars to move the light tower two Meters have you heard, That.
Speaker 27: Jason like a lot of the, rumors there's a bit of truth to. It there was certainly a tower that had to be moved that was on the wing, side not the club getting paid FOR i can give you the. Tip so that was part of the bid that obviously went through with state. Government and when they came about the capability of the ground to be out a HOST afl, games there was a number of things that needed to be addressed and one of them was the lighting. Tower so it was certainly. There it wasn't quite too it was a bit further. Back, look some of those works were probably going to have to be happened, anyway because obviously whenever you're looking to hosting major, sports upgrading at the certain level of tower as. Well so part of that cost has been obviously getting in there and doing the rest of towers to a certain degree as well with the different lucks and whatnot as. Well so although that won't be impacting obviously this game being it A sunday, afternoon certainly their requirement from that as, well and there was a number of things that THE afl required to host, games so we've worked through that and obviously with the state government. Support but, yeah certainly no financial burden back on the city or back on the clubs for that.
Speaker 1: State so it sounds like the state's paid for. That and as you, said the, Future, yeah.
Speaker 27: And that's part of what we were doing when this negotiation was starting about well what is the summer, requirements what are things that we have already got in, place and then at the, city what are things that we will need either to either today for this game or in future years as.
Speaker 9: Well and that's been the.
Speaker 27: Conversations that's happened with the state government for future. Briefing and we'll continue to go this year obviously hiring some of the temporary grand stands and we've got six that are up, there but we're very keen to explore about how we might be able to leverage some of those funny commitments to, go, well why can we look at buying some of these permanent structures as. Well, so, yeah a lot of stuff's going into. It there's always going to be different things around goss and this and that and how it all how we got to. Wear but, look we're very confident and being open transparent through that path as. Well and, yeah at the end of the, day we want to make sure well this facility will be in a situation we'll learn a lot from this game as, well both with potentially obviously clearly with FUTURE, rfl but obviously we've got The matiitas coming up next month as. Well so whatever investment that's been put into the, stadium into the grand stand of the surrounds now is obviously going to be a, great great asset for us going.
Speaker 1: Forward jason mcgwel's with us is the mayor of the city Of. Bumbrey what are you hearing About willman W Danhi highway the out Of Ring. Road, jason you've driven on it, yourself and what are your punsers down there saying about?
Speaker 27: It, yeah there are a few times on a few people early days saying that they were getting lost on, it which first TIME i USED i found that pretty hard to believe becausere's quite a few signage through. There we do still have a bid with the state government around getting some further, signage and we put something in when it was being developed about you, know how do we make sure that not just he's the way in The bumbary but on the way and maybe even some billboard's points of things and activity that we have going. On so we'll definitely be following that up because that was something that we felt we're having a bit of commitment from and things pretty, important certainly from a usability point of. VIEW i know some people who the sort of stuff and the end of The bumbery hospital which was pretty rampant at some stage with some heavy holders trucks going through there and could get quite dangerous with some of the. Setup that's obviously been a lot easier, now a lot less, congested and that clearly was the number one or the only th reason that the road was being built was to get that heavy hooldage off off our side of some of our major major roads. There so from that point of, view it'd be interesting to. See and the numbers will come come out soon about visitation, numbers there's a lot of people, suggesting you, know it's going to have a significant increase significant, RISKS i should, Say i've always been under my view has been that will people coming here for a, reason and they're going to bust them for a, reason and they make their mind up before they, Leave so we want to give people more of reasons to come here rather than, saying, well they're just going to drop. In we effectively have for those who are familiar what we do already have sort of a had the Outer Ring road With Robinson Robinson drive And Bustle, highway so where the farmers market probably took a bit of a, hit i'd, imagine BUT i know a lot more locals are now able to get in there who weren't able to get there previously because they our business to get on. Weekend so, look it'd be good to see the numbers and the data when it comes, out But i'm optimistic about, WELL i don't think it's going to have that significant increase or significant DECREASE i should say to a visitation. Number and we want to continue to build a reason why people should make a decision to come To bumbrey first and.
Speaker 1: Foremost, yeah all, right good to talk to. YOU i hope the weekend goes. Well thank, You, Jason thank you very.
Speaker 9: Much.
Speaker 27: Man i'm looking forward to Going North.
Speaker 9: Eld really.
Speaker 1: Sluck the in The Thanks, Jason. Jason Sam miguel he's the mayor of The city Of, bumbrey so happy to talk to you about the outer Bumbery ring. Road it's, yeah still causing. DRAMAS i mean that the buzz on end is pretty, horrific isn't. IT i, MEAN i guess no, pain no. Gain but the speed limits keep changing through. There that seems have taken a long. Time five, years five years some of those roadworks are. Taking we'll speak To Doug kitchen in just a. Moment he's The shire Of caple. President what are they thinking about? It And muriel's phone in High, muriel good.
Speaker 5: Morning oh now we're getting all these yummy sports down.
Speaker 27: There why don't we get the train going?
Speaker 13: Again?
Speaker 1: Yeah all, right wouldn't it The?
Speaker 31: Australian, yeah, yeah it's been missing for a long time and it's a very important part of our.
Speaker 1: State, yep, yeah, yeah, yeah all, right thank You muriel The. Australian do we need to bring it? BACK i Think muriel's. Right it's been parked up for a, while hasn't. It one double three eight eighty. Two thanks for your thoughts, Today. Mural what do you? Reckon do we need to bring The australian? Back lots of comments on BK bkfc The Bare Knuckle Fighting. Championship it's coming AND i reckon it always was going to. Be come here In. July the nineteenth tickets go on sal On. Wednesday it's in a government, building Rac. Arena twenty eight minutes to.
Speaker 23: Twelve still a good Run Mitchell, Quanana Graham farmer and the tunnel this. Morning no issues across THE. Cbd be aware of some road works In rivervale Though Great Eastern highway and The Kuong road. Intersection they'll be going for the next couple of weeks At various land closures are in. Place I'm Rod beaver On Perths Traffic leader SIX.
Speaker 1: Pr stay. Listening we've got some breaking news on The east scooter pedestrian accident in the city On saturday night and it's not. Good it is not good. News stay. Listening we'll bring you up to date with that in just a. Moment it will involve we think an upgrade of. CHARGES i think you can imagine what that. Is it's twenty five to. Twelve stay, Listening we'll get there in just a. Moment rogers says that road is a pain in the a in the. BUM i Guess, roger it's dangerous with. Roundabout some one that might be in charge of building a totally nuts and can't do anything, properly and then his labor Says roger years, ago this Is trina High trina years, ago WHEN i visited my friends In, mayland it's a terrible tasting water left a nasty lasting, impression so much so WHEN i brought Into, maylands one of the first THINGS i did was put in a water filter and lately water. Tank the taste of rain water tops a little emoji of a. Trophy Cheers trina Of. Maylands thank, you really good to hear from you. Today lots of correspondence on bare knuckle. Fighting it really divides. People you either like the idea or you hate the. Idea it's it's not terribly nuanced this. One it's. Zero it's. Binary it's going to be held in a government.
Speaker 9: Building you know the.
Speaker 1: Promoters we charged an event, fee a higher, fee but it is a government building one level, three eight eighty. Two let's break some. News perth six pr is breaking. News we know that there was an E scoodi versus pedestrian incident On saturday night corner Of king And murray near The Belgian Beer cafe at around about eight point forty at Least gaily is our six year per hour reporter from the SIX pr newsrooms and has an update for us at Least Hi.
Speaker 6: Simon, Yes, unfortunately we are here At Person Magistrates court this morning to the news that the victim of fifty one year old man has passed away this. Morning that means the woman who was allegedly riding the scooter has had her charges upgraded from dangerous driving as occasioning grievers bodling harm to now occasioning.
Speaker 1: Death so that's just happened this. Morning has she appeared at this stage of? Lease has she been? Advised she has been.
Speaker 6: Advised she did not appear in. Court she will again this. Afternoon she will scheduled too for a fresh vowel. Application we're not sure how that's going to go and if she's going to continue with that this, afternoon but she will be officially hearing her charges this afternoon at.
Speaker 1: Least we spoke To Darren sivwright FROM Wa police this morning and we also found out a little bit more. Yesterday so this can we confirm it was A city Of perth scooter that was involved first and foremost because they are speed.
Speaker 6: Governed, yes we haven't heard that detail at this, stage so we can't confirm that.
Speaker 1: And any more. Details our listeners need to.
Speaker 6: Know her Partner he was in court again. Today he appears to still be supporting. Her we didn't have anybody else that appeared to be going to offer surety. Yesterday the issue in court was that as they are from THE, uk the magistrate wasn't satisfied that they would be you, know not a flight risk and that was an appropriate person to offer. Surety so No AUSTRALIANS i think identified as.
Speaker 35: Have yet to do.
Speaker 1: That so just confirming for our listeners in breaking news that pedestrian has. Died yes he, Has, yeah all, right so the charge is upgraded to dangers, drive dangerous driving occasioning. Death Thanks, elise sad. Story will hear your reports to the news at. Midday Thanks Simon Elease gatly from SIX. PrV that's that's terrible for, everyone isn't. It so this is a, spit we understand. It so it's one of the purple scooters that The city Of perth hire out to. People so there's some ramifications there a footpath eight point forty on The saturday, night SO i CAN i guess given its location corner Of king And, murray you can guess there's going to be a few pedestrians around on the. Footpath you can only imagine this guy when he's been, struck has been struck to the point where he's hit his. HEAD i guess on the. Ground we don't know, that but that would be likely given how critical his injuries. Were he's been crooked for Since saturday. Night so just you, know we did learn yesterday on the. PROGRAM i know a lot of people weren't listening because it was the holiday. Weekend we understand this woman is having a birthday, soon possibly as soon as. Tomorrow she could be turning twenty five. Tomorrow her name Is Lesha. KEMP i think according to the papers today From, england and if she is found, guilty that will likely attract a jail. Term dangerous driving causing death often attracts a jail, term more times than not attracts a day a jail, term a term of incarceration in a wa. Prison potentially that's what could happen to this young. WOMAN a lot of wafs in, this for both the victim and for the people on the scooter we'll find out more when it goes to. Court but the pedestrian has died in that scooter versus pedestrian On saturday, night it's twenty minutes to. Twelve can't call Text bowie on four eight seven triple nine eight eighty. Two The Forest highway issue and the Outer Ring road At bunbury is still causing issues and that was still sort of five years into the project and there's a lot of witch's hats around and some confusion over directions and. Signings Doug, kitchen he's a president of The shire Of, cable lives in the area as.
Speaker 15: Well COULD I, doug good morning, someone how are?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 1: Yeah Good, doug good to talk to. You Gain, doug what's? Seat, yeah what's the feedback from from the shire and what are you hearing from your rate payers and mates in the.
Speaker 13: Area, Yeah so The Bustle highway, Duplication, yeah as you, said it's been going on for a little while in about five. Years and look it's a great piece of. Infrastructure upgrade it certainly there and you know we sacked the state goverment for cracking on with that. One but look it is it is starting to drag on and then some of the residents and that in the area are starting to get quite a bit. Frustrated and, look it does lead to some unfortunate dangerous driving and risk taking along the, road with people getting a bit sick of, it you. Know so it's something we'd like to see finished real quick if we.
Speaker 1: Can, yeah, So, doug you KNOW i. TRY i travel through there as a, visitor and that frustrates. ME i, reckon if you use the road every, day we drive your. Spare SO i guess people have to sit at sixty or even forty for a little while in congested, traffic AND i guess they take risks to try and either overtake or get.
Speaker 13: Ahead, yeah we'll look with the way The southwest, is you, know a lot of people travel for, work either it's To bustled Or bumbry or we're in. Between so that highway is very well used in the morning in the, afternoon AND i personally people wanting to get home or get to, work so they are taking some risks in some, cases and they're even using some of the side. Roads so you, know we've got the Chut Forest drive which sort of runs parallel to the. Highway it's the old highway. Route it's more of a scenic drive now it's not really designed to handle the amount of traffic that it's, getting and there's a lot of residents that live down there that are start to get a bit upset about it because.
Speaker 9: It's the road's.
Speaker 13: Deteriorating but there's also there's some very narrow sections with turret trees on either, side which it's not really designed for that amount of traffic at that. Speed so there is unfortunately some risks going on along down. There say, look we'd really like to see this road. Finish you, know it's also from a safety point of view.
Speaker 17: For the road, users but also the workers.
Speaker 13: Themselves you, know they're seeing this this driving happening as they're trying to complete the. Work so we want people to drive, safe but, yeah we also want to see this road yeah.
Speaker 1: Completed, Yeah, well as you, say that drive is beautiful through, there through The Lovelow, forest and that's a lot of people are just trying to get frustrate and just trying to get off the main, road aren't they Dug so what are you? Hearing you know in your role as, President and that's? Shy can can you guys write To Main roads or do you have an understanding when it may be.
Speaker 13: Finished, LOOK i haven't had a recent update from, them but that we usually do, have you, know staff engage with them fairly, regularly and they also come and talk to counsel every now and then as, well so you, know we do sort of relay our concerns or any feedback we've had from the community about the. Project so, look this is sort of something we've been saying for a little while that especially that dangerous driving and the frustration that we're hearing from from drivers and residents in the. Area so, look, yeah we'll keep feeding that back AND i, MEAN i m'd be happy to talk To Main road about it again as.
Speaker 1: Well, Yeah, doug we were. Talking we're talking about tap order today and do you have good tap water at your? PLACE i think the yes is are fifty and the nose of thirty. NINE i think the best tap water in W a last, Year, doug according to The Water, corporation was in dale Yell. Up that's on your, patch isn't.
Speaker 13: It, Yeah dale Yell, Up that's that's my. Patch, yeah it's interesting that that's come through because, yeah we've got The water corp feeds half the estate and then a quest feeds of the other, half so it's a bit of a split mix, there so interesting to see which which taps are actually the ones they're counting. There so, yeah BUT i my, Water i'm on the, farm so my water comes from the. Skulls best way to get.
Speaker 1: It, yeah tap water has its has its, support isn't? It and its, DETRACTORS i, Reckon, doug yours is all, right is?
Speaker 18: It?
Speaker 15: Yeah this is pretty?
Speaker 1: Good, yeah all, Right, doug thanks for talking to. Us good luck with the Bust Or highway. Duplication thank you, anytime, Mate Doug. Kitchen The doug's Both Jason miguel and dougl the young local government. Operators jason's the mayor Of bumbrey early. Thirties doug's the same, farmer bushfire, volunteer and the locals stroppy about the duplication of The Bustle. Highway so that's five years in the making as. WELL i don't Think i've ever you, KNOW i crap on about which his hats all the. Time used to see a lot on the. Freeway i've never seen as many as Between capele And. Basso there's got to be a million of. Them and yes To dylan who rang. EARLIER i should have bought shares in the. COMPANY i should have seen this, Coming, dylan thank. You it's caughter to. Twelve we'll come back in just a. MOMENT i believe that the disrupt bar Up hub protesters have been in the city today Because Penny wong's here and they've been have a little chat To Penny. Wong they've been heckling. Her so cabinet are in. Town i'm not sure why they're Going Penny. WONG i look up what her portfolios. ARE i would imagine they he would be probably better off Heckling. Murray, Well i'm Assuming, murray what as an environment, minister is in the federal. Cabinet we'll try and bring a little bit more on all of. That so sad. News the pedestrian in the city On saturday night Outside king And murray has died after three days in, hospital. Died so the charges will be upgraded on the twenty four year old english woman who the paper today is reporting that her name Is Alisha. KEMP i think that's. Right i'll just check, that but that's no good at. All, Yeah Alisha, kemp twenty. Four she's over here on holiday on the, drink allegedly on the east scooter collides to the fifty one year. Old he doesn't make it and. Passes and that's a very very serious crime For Alisha kemp to now be facing potentially could be facing a jail term in a wajail could, potentially if in these are, allegations only could find herself in banyap In wa fourteen to. Twelve Thanks, Graham Petty wong as The Foreign. Minister correct mainer that she has been heckled in the PERSE cbd by The borrough Disrupt Borough hub app activists And i've got a VIDEO i think might try and find you and bring you some of that. Audio as we ran a poll in me last week after The woodside, Decision Murray watts Is Hello, woodside you can keep. Going get back to me within ten, days that is probably by the end of this. Week we asked the question do you think The woodside, protesters the Disrupt Borrough hub protesters would stop And New listeners responded with a pretty strong no on that. One they would keep.
Speaker 3: Going it looks like.
Speaker 1: They're finding a way. Today, yes, yes no question today trying to clean this Up today's the tap water any good at your place had a good response to, this yes are fifty threes and the nose of forty. One lots of people have their own filtration systems at. Home and we asked the satirical question On, friday the tongue in cheek, question after we heard for two days then the weather was going to be really bad on the waday, weekend we asked the, question were you aware that it was going to? Rain and the yeses was sixty six and the nose was. Seven gopted a few disparaging remarks about our, pole but a lot of you will notice that it didn't really start raining on the long weekend until yesterday around. Lunchtime and if you went to the forty, yesterday if you went To frio, overall to lead of, all it started raining really hard after. Halftime we did have a fresh rainfall update from The bureau Of metrology the nine Am sunday to nine Am monday fourteen that was zero. Millimeters it didn't rain at all On, sunday zero, millimeters didn't rain at all On, sunday and from nine am yesterday to nine am this, morning fourteen point four millimeters on average through the city in the last seventy two. Hours Mart river got sixty, six Which cliff got forty, Five bunbray forty, One jero thirty, seven Three springs thirty six and mand with thirty three. Millimeters that's the rain for the. Weekend. Patricia, Hello. PATRICIA i don't know if you've BEEN i know you've been. BACK i haven't been an avid, listener, Thanks. Patricia that's, Okay, patricia listen when you, can, call when you, can se mess when you. Can how about The royals beating the garlic munches? Yesterday, Yay please don't read. Out i've read that, Out. Patricia one double three ay two is the phone number. Today the water is horrible In. Balajura, Sorry. PATRICIA i thought you Wouldn't you thought you'd be okay with the with The royals having a win. Yesterday you, know just one, week one week at a, time four points at a, Time. Patricia The Fellows christian ammerjury was unreal yesterday the skipper and well done To roscoe McQueen to Beat West perth on that all Important Foundation day. Match the derby wasn't many people there and no people at the mister whippie. Van probably maybe ten or fifteen blokes at the, canbar Including Paul, higgins proprietor of the shoe. Bar He go He go managed to find himself into the. Canbar He go get under cover. Mate clubrooms At East perth are currently the roofs come off because there's they're. Asbestos, yeah poultry crowd. Yesterday lots Of west per supporters there. Yesterday good on them supporting their. TEAM i know that the big Gun Luke meadows went down, yesterday SO i hope he's. Okay but, Yeah south from Montal clear one game clear on the top of the table and he's per sitting in. Second south had a massive win yesterday'd be pretty good for the Comp South Frio East Perth Grand. FINAL i know we're a long way. OUT i Hope peel don't make a run once they start loading back in all The frio. Players, anyway that's just. Me seven minutes to twelve, o'clock get a. Bev how are you, Hello?
Speaker 8: Simon? Fine thank, You just to let you know and your. Listeners Gloriot forum shopping center is flooded so there is exiting everybody out of the, place so please don't go To florida for shopping this.
Speaker 44: Afternoon, yeah, Right so.
Speaker 34: Is that.
Speaker 1: It's coming through the roof of our, PRESUME. Bev that's just coming through the.
Speaker 8: Roof and it looks like even coming through some of the even the light where the lights come. Down so there's a lot of water in some of the, venues you, know the different. Shops so they just everybody to. Exit we left about ten minutes, ago.
Speaker 1: Okay and that's everyone get, out.
Speaker 8: Yep, everyone, shoppers please go because it's not safe for particularly of this water coming to where the lighting.
Speaker 1: Is, yeah, okay and that's right, NOW. Bev happening right, now right, now, yes, yeah. Okay, well and as everyone behaving themselves and not hanging, around they're doing the. Writing, Well i'm.
Speaker 8: Sure they're leaving because we left about seven or eight minutes. Ago i'm sure people are leaving after.
Speaker 1: Us yeah. Okay and what they're doing leaving big shop, trolley loads of shopping. Everywhere, yeah.
Speaker 8: We've waited so long for. Rain and as it does or anywhere, does it's.
Speaker 1: Torrential, yeah, yeah it, IS. Bev nice to hear from. You thanks letting us. Know thanks for letting your fellow six pr listeners, Know. Bev, yeah, well.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Too thank You simon for great. SHOW i love listening to.
Speaker 1: You Thanks, bev that's very. Nice Florid, Shops Florid, forum, flooded get, out run. Away that's. So it's obviously raining hard out there in the leafy green suburbs Of. Perth friday's, poll where you're aware it's going to? Rain sixty six yes is and seven knows started raining really heavily yesterday, afternoon didn't. It although some of the some of the southwestern towns Like, Rockinghammer Mandra cop To cop the fair bit of, rain it's five minutes to twelve will come. BACK i do believe we have some audio the Disrupt burro up hub guys have Spotted Penny wong walking through THE cbd and they've been heckling her or try and bring you a little bit of, that not all of, it a little bit of. That they're still going as predicted by, you our. Listeners four and a half minutes to, Twelve, MURRAY i think that's how you say, It murray more Moreen Sorry, maureen without the, End, Sorry. Maureen after being nine days without water finally turned on On, sunday they're leaking the. PIPE i NOW i appreciate our drinking water here in Coober. Up Thank god for. Plumbers thank You, maureen and thanks for Spelling god with the CAPITAL. G jamie says the Disrupt burrett protest is wearing nylon, clothing driving cars that's all made with oil and. Gas Thanks. Jamie get a lot of those type of. Comments james says that we're drinking water in, geographs smells and tastes. Terrible needs to be. Filtered that's no. GOOD a lot of. Correspondence now we are learned that that pedestrian has passed away On saturday. Night about the banning of, scooters that's the next, question isn't. It what will city Of perth do with the? Scooters what will Rocking ham do with the? Scooters what Will mark her and in The city Of stirling do with. SCOOTERS i have had some correspondents coming from one of our listeners about what other cities in the world do with east scooters and with the governing. Speed, Yeah i'll bring you the Disrupt Borough hub protest from the. City they've managed to Find Penny wong walking along a road in THE cvd and they've they've heard of. It and nowre's lots of flash. Flooding flash flooding On Klana freeway northbound before The Narrows. Bridge, wow that sometimes happens in that part of the. River the right lanes were, affected so the river coming right up over some sort of storm surge on the. Freeway i'll bring you some more details after. Twelve thank you for. Listening Midday now had some correspondents from one of our listeners today about what other cities of the world do with Regards east scooters and the, rules particularly given you know there are fatalities we've, had As helen, says we've had two deaths in two Weeks East freeo and that's the corner Of Stealing highway And Canning. Highway that was, midnight wasn't a couple of weeks, Ago? Helen and now In. Perth the QUESTION i ask is the user of the road transport authority of the? Manufacturer respond manufacturer responsible for the. Accident laws and legislation are non existent for access or use the user vehicle and not. Licensed state governments at. Fault more serious accidents are. Inevitable Thanks helen And. Helen, LOOK i will agree with you it's been a little bit of a soft, approach hasn't. It so The Council's, Stirling rockingham and The city Of perth do have higher. Scooters they're governed to go at ten k's an, HOUR i. Think but it has been a little, bit you, know this higher amount to see how we go kind of, thing hasn't. It SO i will follow. THAT i guess it's really an issue now for The City. PERTH i have to look at, it Road safety. Commissioner i'll have to have a look at it. Now sue, says it's probably more to do with the humans riding the, Scooter, Simon thank.
Speaker 45: You.
Speaker 1: Sue appreciate that my water is fine in Beach, bruh BUT i think many people are precious and by water when not. Necessary i've never bought any. Water it never, will Says. Crissy got Any crissy sound ecological stance? There jane, SAYS i Think i'm slightly. EVIL i love a good thunderstorm as long as no one gets. Hurt thank, you one double three eight eight. Two so there is a just BEFORE i get to the rules that apply in other cities in the, world which came in From. Crystal one of our, Listeners there is a severe thunderstorm. Warning as you Heard john, say so this is issued at twelve. O'clock heavy falls possible Between Mark river and Yan. Chap so that's pretty much everywhere all of us thunderstorms with heavy rainfall. Expected severe, thunderstorms heavy, rainfall flash. Flooding locations may Include, Bumbry, Basso, Mandra Mark, River perth and Yan. Chap perth's a broad, descriptive isn't. It that's, everybody that's all of. Us if, Outside so this is a little bit like what we heard On. Friday SO i am trying not to getastrophize, here but this is the INFORMATION i have in front of me from. Bomb if, outside finds. Safe shelter away from, trees, powerline storm, water drains and. Streams close your curtains and. Blinds stay away from windows while we unplug electrical. Appliances do not use landline. Telephones if there's, lightning there's. Flooding create your own sandbags In perth by using pillar cases filled with sand and playing around. Doorways protect your home if, boating, swimming or, surfing leave the. Water so, sorry sorry to. LAUGH i hope everyone's. SAFE i hope this doesn't come back to bite. Me but, boating swimming or surfing would be probably on the last things we should be. Doing the SAVO i think although surfers don't mind looking for a, wave do they do not drive into water of unknown. Depth slow, down turn your headlights, on bill watch for, hazards fall and power, lines loose, debris rain heaven you cannot. See pull over and park your hazard loads onto the rain. Clears so that's thinking that. Serious that's coming in from Bomb and WHAT i would say is use your discretion, listeners, people please be. Safe that is fairly seriou and a situation that is on with us Ride at the, moment the Disrupt Borough hub protesters have been in operation in the. City here's twenty seconds of the protesters having little chat To Penny, wong The Foreign. Minister hen your government.
Speaker 45: Destroying our Futuane, SORRY i dank.
Speaker 21: You we're rely On china.
Speaker 35: Action how could you do this to?
Speaker 1: Us you are doing your government will destroying the world's oldest stop huf biate government protas just how climate? Action how could you.
Speaker 34: Do this to?
Speaker 1: Us disrupt bar, uphub disrupt barop high destroying the World the government's destroying the. World that's the Disruptive barrock. Hub thanks to someone who sent that in to. Us so what happens in other parts of the. World So, ea scooter deaths are not, Unknown they're not. Uncommon this one comes From. Crystal wa needs to start looking at the example of other cities have been besieged By east scooter accents and, deaths for Example paris And. Barcelona ride share scooters a band privately owned are? Okay In montreal all scooters all scooters are banned In. Montreal, wow been To. Montreal it's nice, place nice place to walk. Around lots of pedestrian. Traffick, singapore private scooters need to be, registered riders need to pass the theory. Test no riding on. Footpaths so that's the that's From. Crystal and she also Says i've heard how police measure the speed of an e. Scooter they lift the back, wheel pressed down on the, throttle then look at THE. Speedo Thanks, crystal good. Information jacko says water all good in Burs thank, You. Jacko good on. You rob From Frero water is plentiful and tastes good, Today, Simon Thanks robbie me. Boy andy From dianella time to get rid of all the local council highest. Scooters they hardly use AN i saw in dangerous to His Andy. Dianella, ANDY i don't know if they. ARE i think THAT'S i think that's overstating.
Speaker 9: IT i you, KNOW.
Speaker 1: I have up until we've seen seen so that's fire fatalities this. Year four on scooters and one. PEDESTRIAN i do agree we need to look at a. Blob, YEAH i don't find them AN i, saw, Mate but the pressure will now come on on scooter. Usage absolutely no doubt about. It scooter should be, banned that should have been started in the first. Place From Everyday basandine. Listeners francis currently on The Corana. Free we are heading south in pouring heavy. RAIN i can't believe how many vehicles do not have the lights. On please remind, them Thanks. Fran chuck your lights, on, folks chuck your lights. On one double THREE a two is the phone. Number mark's phone in good A.
Speaker 9: Mark that's.
Speaker 22: Gone.
Speaker 40: Guys i've been Man, pinjara pretty heavy rain and a lot of the sections of.
Speaker 1: Flooded you're In mandra and the the intersections of the. Flood what part Of Mandra.
Speaker 40: Mate I'm i've gone From sandrimo To Vandra forum To pinjara and it's all pretty heavy through the whole lot of. It and a lot of the roads aren't clearing the water quick enough to let people know to turn those lights notice AS i can't see it's behind you without your lights.
Speaker 1: On, yeah, okay you're in a, truck, Mate yeah, Mate, yeah all, right. Okay and is the rain easing or getting heavier or it's you're in the middle of.
Speaker 10: It what's?
Speaker 1: Happening it's sort of.
Speaker 40: It it's a little bit That i'm more up. Into carolays now go Through Mandra forum and that it's pretty heavy through.
Speaker 1: There yeah okay, Mate, no thank, You, mark, cheers thanks for calling. In turn your lights, on make sure trucks can see. You it's a belting down In. Mandra it would seem so it's. Arrived the weather apocalypse has, Arrived cameron Says Cameron. MANDRA e bits and scooter is a not aloud on footpaths or roads In. Singapore, However singapore has built separate pathway is dedicated to e scooter and e, bites which is great. Planning, yeah they don't they plan pretty well at cam up, there particularly because they reclaim, land don't they from the, ocean so they're able to do. That this one, Here pete, says if scooters have a max speed of twenty, FIVE i think it's doing sixty as you get fined for doing thirty five k's now over the speed. Limit thank, You, pete appreciate. That glenn, says it's crossing the coast now. Bowie little bit of storm work, happening but won't be as bad what they're. Saying it is peeking down now we'll look out for. Flooding thank. You rob, says how good Is perth? Weather it's been for a beautiful gravel ride in the hills in the nice. Sunshine now get to go home and blame the rain for not getting my outside jobs. Done, perfection Says robert is absolutely. Brilliant rob motivated by self. Interest, caroline don't know the ards of? This someone? Will does anyone know how to deal with a dog who's scared of heavy rain and? Thunder i'm dog sitting someone's. Dog never have this problem my, dog and, yes my water is, okay Says. Carolyn thank, You, Carolyn Hi Yvon.
Speaker 15: Hi simon who are you, Going, Well.
Speaker 30: I'm In Lake clifton and we can't drink our water bore, water and it's it's really. Nasty you can't even drink it after you boil.
Speaker 1: It, yeah oh, really.
Speaker 20: We've just, well you're going to buy.
Speaker 30: Water that's that's all we have to. Do we have to buy. Water that's or we go to the church In mandra and they let us use their.
Speaker 18: Fortune.
Speaker 30: Yeah, yeah they're really nice at the church there in just in on the left hand side In Bailey.
Speaker 17: Road what?
Speaker 1: DENOMINATION i think.
Speaker 7: It's A catholic.
Speaker 1: Church, oh it's. Nice good on The. Catholics so, seriously how do you how do you how do you do your personal? Grooming?
Speaker 30: Yvon so you're washing bore water and you've got to flash of toilet, water and of course you've got to washing dishes in bore, water and so otherwise it.
Speaker 7: Would cost you too.
Speaker 19: Much.
Speaker 30: Yeah so we just had the storm goes Through Lake. Clifton i've just left just after the storm. Left so Now i'm going to you, know BUT i wait to step off my front step onto my artificial lawn and then realize that it was floating after a.
Speaker 1: Step so you bathing border all the time you're. On, yeah you got no, choice and do you smell like Border.
Speaker 30: Links does a pretty good job.
Speaker 1: Of Links africa take, care take care of, yeah if you bathe in board or you have to Use Links africa post. Bathing we'll come back in just a. Moment we do have an update from senior media Ologist Dean. Narramore we had some fun with this On, friday but it's the Weather's the weather's well and truly, arrived as you've heard everyone say. So so, yeah we'll well sharpen, up straighten up on this. One we'll bring you the latest news headlines Of John nichols not far, away and we've got a music question for you today as. Well thanks for. Listening seventeen past. Midday patrick, says the water In byford's, okay BUT i do plan to install a filter to reduce the poisonous. Chemicals thank, You. Patrick that sounds like something you would do being a man of the. Earth we've been asking ask the question what DO i do on house sitting a dog and the dog doesn't like thunderbolts and lightning very very, Frightening And glenn, says noise canceling headphones for the. Dog Thanks, glenn very, practical very, Thoughtful, glenn thank. You persisting down In balcata says one, powerball very. Heavy jo says very heavy In Florida. Beach kim says still in highway clamonent quite deep in the left, lanes heavy. Downpour yvonne doesn't sound like she's? Boring does she?
Speaker 10: Does?
Speaker 1: Not Rob norm from beal divers is a Foot folks who went to church took their own water to the priest to change it into. Wine well not if you live In Clifton. Beach maybe if you were a if you haven't got enough, water three two is the phone. Number so we've had another, defection another political. Defection it's in the paper, today it's on the front. Page So Wa Green Senator Derinda cox has abruptly quit her party in a shot shock defection to. Labor so this is another. Defection what do you? Reckon? Listeners do you? Reckon it's late in the. SHOW i. Know should politicians be able to change their? Party is that? Okay? So Derender cox is a high profile. Woman she's a yammogie woman originally From Coaching. Up she has made this announcement alongside Alongside albow the head of cabinet. Today So Green Senator Derenda. Cox that's a few of them, now isn't? It Sender? PRICE i Think Jackie lamby's moved? Around have your thorpes moved? Around what do you? Reckon? Or are these these politicians fringe politicians and you don't really care what they?
Speaker 12: Do what do you?
Speaker 1: RECKON i Thought Derinda cox was pretty important to The green which is defected To. Labor should there ladd to be should load to do? That if you run as a, party is this that's who you? Represent isn't? It that's who you've told your constituents and you're voting constitute us who you're going to? Represent what do you? Reckon? Yes or? No or let me let me?
Speaker 17: Know?
Speaker 1: Should should politicians be able to change their? Party the only big ONE i can remember in state politics is When Vince catania. Changed so he went From labor to The, nats didn't He that's because he maybe he saw the Likes he lived in The gascoyne, region lived In. Carnarvon should politicians be able to change their? Party what do you? Reckon wonderble three eight eight Two Hollo Mark.
Speaker 26: Hey bowie you could probably hear. It but if you have one vice water stick your head outside and it's been going up the freeway and.
Speaker 1: The building fifty, yeah right where a? Hundred where are you mate right? NOW i mean is Down kramar bucking, down heading north, yep, yeah getting getting, heavier easing, up.
Speaker 26: Just part of these up and. DOOR i say it's him to such a boy sky on the, horizon SO i, figure, yeah.
Speaker 1: Take it, easy, Mate thanks for letting us. Know, Cheers Mark, mark one of our one of our listeners in the in the running for Talkback caller of The day to Day caller of The Day. Today let's got This this new new pizza plays up In. Mindari i'll tell you about it in just a, moment so you could win a night, out a couple of, pizzas soft, drinks some garlic, bread serve of garlic bread as well for the new pizza place In, Mindari i'll bring you to the detail in just a moment that it should should politicians be able to defect from one party to another just into. Price did you thought fadom of Payment jackie Lamby Vince, CATTANION i think Men beard defected from The nats to The, libs And Merrimy, beard the publican From, caernarvon who's a pretty good. Operator she also went from The nats The, libs Whereas Vince catania went from The libs to The. GNATS i Reckon, tony, yeah.
Speaker 46: Yeah look what really annoyed me, is you know it's the old fashioned service of you know when you go to, banks and now they're putting their electronic, online AND i think that's fought with danger and. Scams.
Speaker 11: Now the latest one IS i went to office Stay him On sunday night to watch food. TEAMS i don't follow either. One i'm a one Eyed collingwood, man But i've got to be a neutral followed w a. Team and WHEN i went to the, checkout WHEN i went and bought some food or one of the out, left we used to always have a young person there to check what food you got and. Pay now it's always put this food on one sort of particular part of the bench there WHERE i don't ever scanned it, all chext it, all whatever it, does and then you just pay out with the with the plus. Machine so there's no in other, words there's no, contact no, humans just get your food go to check, out but it's on this some kind of scan machine and it calculates it and then charges you.
Speaker 1: At optus, yep just for every day in LEVEL i was in.
Speaker 46: Level three one forty THREE i. Think and THEN i just went out to just an outlet there to get a pie and a drink and, that and there was no. Humans it was all just you had to basically look to. Nobody you just have to put your food, there it charges, you you pay and see you.
Speaker 1: LATER i don't know where's the? Humans where's the? Humanity did you have an? Option was there somewhere else you can go where there were?
Speaker 46: Humans, well, look when you go to half time of a, game you as you, Know i'm sure you've been the. Game there's lots of. Crowd people want to, eat people want to, Drink so you try and find a location and what you feel like. Eating AND i felt like the pie and the drink AND i WAS i went. DOWN i, thought, WELL i, MEAN i know you can't do it with alcohol outlets because they've got to have someone WITH rsa at eighteen and et, cetera et. Cetera but food outlets doing, That, yeah where's the where's the where's this old fashioned customer? Service and you, know AND i find actually quite embarrassing it look to. Nobody there's there's security guards there making sure nobody walks out with. Food but are They Robin peter the paper by taking starlf away from each of the, registers by putting security, guards, where how much are they really saving on all?
Speaker 1: Its? YEAH i hadn't, Know tony, That so that's the crew that run the stadium's. DECISION i would, Think, yeah we want people in, jobs don't. We that's you, know Maybe i'm old, fashioned Maybe i'm a colonial, Boomer, tony but, yeah where's? That we need human beings doing. THINGS i don't even like going to using the LITTLE qr code at. Restaurants but that's just. Me, yeah Thanks, tony thanks letting us. Know so what are you reckon about?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 1: Listeners no humans serving you your chips and your pies and your drinks at the. Stadium that's not? Okay is?
Speaker 12: It that just?
Speaker 1: Me is this that's not?
Speaker 9: Work?
Speaker 1: IT i, know we get accused of being woke on this. STATION i don't think that's. Woke, Hello, Anthony, YEAH i.
Speaker 33: Mate just a corner intersection Of william And bor australis flooded, out so water is quite. High you can just make sure everyone bees a.
Speaker 1: Wet give us that location, again, Mate.
Speaker 33: Corner buller And William streets In North.
Speaker 1: Reach, yeah all, right avoid the Thanks, anthony, cheers, mate thank, you good. A, Brendan.
Speaker 12: Hey, simon how are are very? WELL i am with the defection. THING i don't really get that if you support if you've voted for Miss cox because she represented The, greens does that effectively mean now you've voted for.
Speaker 1: Labor well shouldn't should it? Not really it, shouldn't but It's, YEAH i feel a bit.
Speaker 12: Dudded, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'd feel doude as well as it does it as well if A polli ievoated for Jump. Sheep Thanks, brendan he. Doesn't, yeah it's a lot of correspondence on this. One Ken jamie, Says Ken white also jumps. Ship did he meet him several? Times he's a bonds of. Bloke he is a good, Bloke Ken, white no doubt about. That Riseley, Street applecross is. FLOODED i just throw through a, lake says Jam thank. You, yes they should be able to change. Parties HOW a fence sitting doc says they should be able to change. Parties fence sitting politicians lose all credibility in it for other, reasons so how can they be? Trusted yet it's not doesn't pass the what's that special test we've, Got, james that's doesn't pass that special?
Speaker 3: Test SHALL i? Say the pub sniff?
Speaker 1: Test doesn't pass on that? One thank, You, James james. Reflexes james's reflexes is a. Panelist bruce are unbelievable.
Speaker 47: Better than The blake?
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Oh paul the. Octopus, yeah but you know some of the, Parts. Bruceie you know that we're all friends in. Here thank, you, one double three eight. Two just before we go to traffic With bruceie's senior media or Just dean narrowmore the latest from the.
Speaker 48: Bureau, well there's two main areas of weather. Today, firstly we can see a trough system extending From exmouth down through The goldfields and that's where we're seeing more, persistent, moderate too heavy rainfall through those inland. Areas while the second area of focus it's our showers and thunderstorms From kelbarry all the way down to the south coast Of. Wa in this persistent onshore and unstable west northwesterly, flow and that's where we're seeing our showers and thunderstorms, today just wave after wave band after band impacting particularly our coastal areas from Around gerrelton all the way down to The Southwest, capes and some of those could be severe. Today so we do have quite a large area of thunderstorms possible across much of Southwestern wa, today and severe thunderstorms possible just to the north of The canal and around The kolgooli And Inland goldfields. Regions but of most concerned and more populated areas are around The perth down to The Southwest capes where you could see severe thunderstorms, here particularly to the lunchtime hour and into the afternoon and.
Speaker 1: Evening thanks very much To Dean. Narramore thanks to my team for finding that for. Us we've been asking the question today about is it okay IF MPs. DEFECT i do have a music quiz for you or a music question for you to finish off the day, today And i'll get to that in just a. MOMENT i reckon you'll like. It on this rainy old. Day stay. Listening you might win a. Prize sometimes you might win a. Prize let's go To we'll go to the traffic Now highbrius.
Speaker 47: No surprises that there's a road whether alert. Current there is flooding around the metropolitan. Area the flooding along The Quanana freeway northbound before The Narrows bridge has started to, subside but traffic remains heavy on approach. There So Quanana freeway first of all southbound slow Going Narrows bridge to Mill Point. Road northbound is South terrace To Narrows. Bridge no delays on The Mitchell Graham farmer North Bridge tunnel or the. City I'm bruce Wallsham perth's traffic leader SIX.
Speaker 1: Pr It's Dan hill's birthday, Today canadian singer. Songwriter he turned seventy. ONE i had a massive hit in nineteen seventy. EIGHT i was still at school with this. One sometimes when the.
Speaker 45: Honest theirs too.
Speaker 34: AND i have to close my. IN i want to hold you till light toy board break. DOWN i want to hold.
Speaker 1: You that's a. Lot As rachel Mar form a six per, employee he would say she now at police, Media, Hello, rachie that's a, Lot, john that's a. Lot isn't. It it's certainly it's a tear. Jerker is an absolute dead set weepy. Yep do you have a recommendation that's of that. Ilk i've got, one and.
Speaker 2: That's sort of from that. ERA i think the seventies were pretty big for that kind of. Genre i'd like to recommend a song By terry jacks a worldwide hit from nineteen seventy, Four seasons in The. Sun it is, pretty girls are, everywhere.
Speaker 45: Think of, Me i'll be. There we joy we At funty had.
Speaker 28: Seasons there's the, sun what the hues that week?
Speaker 1: Season and that's not. MISTAKEN i think there's a passing in that, Song isn't.
Speaker 2: There there certainly is at the end when he says it's hard to. Die up until that, point that sounds pretty. Jaunty it takes, turn.
Speaker 1: He goes way. South from jaunty to Way. South let's Stay Terry jackson's in The. Sun, listeners theyre ring in songs that are absolute dead set, weepies tear dirk. Jerkers they can be cheeses like it's Cheesy season in The sun Or Dan. Hills sometimes when we touch one double three eight two is the phone number ring in and we'll Get jimmy The genius on the keys to try and find you your version of your tear jerker. Weepy let's take, Pause let's go to the new. Room John, nichols good, Afternoon thank.
Speaker 2: You, Simon good. AFTERNOON a twenty four year Old british woman accused of hitting a pedestrian while on an eavesscooter has had a more serious charge laid against. Her the man has died in hospital this. Morning Alicia kemp was allegedly riding the scooter In Murray street on the weekend when she hit the fifty one year. Old she now faces a charge of reckless driving while intoxicated occasioning death and she's due in court in this afternoon for a mail. Application The Fair Work Commission set's stagnating productivity limited how much it could increase minimum and award. Wages The Industrial umpire has announced a three and a half percent increase for the nation's lowest paid. WORKERS wa police have teamed up with the state government to launch a campaign aimed at uncovering information about the hundreds of people On way's long term missing persons. List it's a Crime stoppers campaign calling for information relating to the three hundred and sixty four cases which span seven. Decades in, Tennis Snovak djokovic is yet to drop a set through four rounds at The French open's dominated Cam norri overnight six two six three six, two and there's been an upset and the women's draw local Wildcard Louis boisson down to number three Seed Jessica pergula in three sets nineteen degrees at the. Moment showers into storm. Today the severe thunderstorm warning is current thirteen, overnight much the same tomorrow and On, thursday with a maximum of twenty on both.
Speaker 1: Days more NEWS a, One thank you very, Much, John. John had you heard of Cam norri before This French open.
Speaker 2: Before about five minutes?
Speaker 9: Ago, no.
Speaker 49: He had a, Crack.
Speaker 1: Thank You. John that was very. Good but it's good five minutes you had, There john done wonderuble THREE a two is the phone. Number absolute tier jerk or. Weepies i'd love to hear From Dan hill's birthday. Today sometimes when we touch close my eyes break down and cry all that sort of. Stuff absolute, tear jerk or weepies as a song topic, Today STEPHEN qr Codes, Yeah, Hi.
Speaker 44: SIMON i know you weren't really on this subject that was just brought up from the last, gentleman BUT i was just gonna, say SO i situated. YESTERDAY i went To strike bowling In freemantle and they've got these machines there where you can get money blocked on the card so you can play the gates the. Kids SO i went to do, that and obviously no you could touch in bove there both. DOWN i, thought all, Right i'll go and speak to gener. There there's only one person working in the whole, center so you've got to wait ages to get. Serve and THEN i thought.
Speaker 11: All, right i'll go on all with some.
Speaker 28: Foods it was ALL qr, codes so.
Speaker 44: Okay stand THE qr. Code oh it's not. Working you're going to go back to that one person that works in the whole. Center that's the audio food and he's got lines a mile, long so they don't have any stars and just on this, time AND i just wanted to bring out. These so WHEN i went to use the toilet, there they've got one toilet for that whole center and it's owned BY i Think, varsity like that's the pub of the, thing and they're trying to put on WHERE i am In, willardson AND i actually saw it on the council, though that they're trying to pass it through so they only have to have one toilet in the whole. Complex, yeah the council is going to pass.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, yeah, yeah and it's, yeah, yeah that's that's not. Enough And STEPHEN qr codes are okay until something goes wrong or something doesn't, work, yeah. CORRECT i thenever there's a. Variation they just they fall over a little bit like Ticket, Tech, telstra the big crews that use chat rooms and bots to help you out with your. Problems it's all okay until it, works until it. Doesn't, yeah Thanks, dave good on your. Mate, cheers thank, you see you have a good. Day it's twenty nineteen and a half minutes to one songs that are absolute weepy tear. Jerkers It's Dan hill's birthday. Today The canadian sometimes when we touch Bloke Cada, Jeff, oh, Hi, simon how are you going, Well?
Speaker 50: Jeff, Hey they've got to tell The french there's you, know there's grass around the world, day you, Know, HEY i don't know why they got clay these, grass especially In france some beautiful.
Speaker 1: Grass, Hey, JEFF i don't know if you're. Sorry i'll get to your song on a. Sec but at the start of the, tournament they Walked rapper And nadal out onto The Onto center court at Roll On garris And novak was, there and Any murray was, there And roger was, there and all the people in the crowd were wearing a jumper atop the same color as the. Clay you, know that deep red sort of. Color it's really, really really. Cool AND i know what you're, saying But, jesus look. Good, YEAH i did see, It. Simon, yeah it does look. Good, yeah it does look. Good what's your?
Speaker 9: Song?
Speaker 1: Yeah my?
Speaker 50: Song, well it's by Simply read and just a quick, trivia a short. Version Mick hucknall doesn't do a lot of interviews anymore at the age of sixty, four and he picks his interviews because he's scared of using his. Voice he's got like he doesn't want to use his voice too much and doesn't want to talk too much because he's scared that might damage it to. SINGING i saw that on a oh, yeah on a doc.
Speaker 1: O A, yeah that's. Interesting, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah so money to type to mention BECAUSE i don't have any and always. Cry, yeah thanks, mate thanks for the. Court SO i went to the. Bank let's all, right let's try and get this back on. Track absolute weepy. Tearjerkers THAT'S i don't think that, qualifies but It's jeff and he has a he has a bit of latitude on the show, Today, Jody, hi how are you going? Good thank?
Speaker 46: You this one's a real tear.
Speaker 24: Jerk you've really got to listen to the whole.
Speaker 34: Song It's Teddy, Bear Red Sa vine that the crippled boy in the wheelchair and all the.
Speaker 1: Trucks oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, YEAH i have heard. This we'll try and find Thanks, jody thank you For we'll try and find some of.
Speaker 51: It but you, SEE i get lonely and it helps to talk because that's about ALL i can.
Speaker 1: Do i'm crippled AND i can't.
Speaker 51: WALK i came back and told him to fire up that mic AND i talked to him as long as he. Liked this was my dad's, radio the little boy, said BUT i guess it's mine name mums now coash my laddy's. Dear thank You, jody that is absolutely. Absolute did sit weepy tear? JERKER i don't know what's coming next, Day.
Speaker 1: Darren it's not going to.
Speaker 12: Be, that is.
Speaker 45: It?
Speaker 7: Uh, well you just Said jeff got a bit of. LNNITUDE i THINK i would have got some.
Speaker 9: Too yeah that's.
Speaker 7: True, yeah but it's those yours. Born, Mate, Mama i'm coming.
Speaker 1: All, right? Weepy are you going to?
Speaker 12: Cry probably?
Speaker 7: NOT i cried in nineteen seventy two AND i. STOPPED i don't cry, anymore all.
Speaker 1: Right mab had your tea ducks? Removed thank, You, darren. Cheers times and times are. Strange come, By, Mama i'm coming.
Speaker 34: Time good, Bye.
Speaker 1: Starin's version of a tear. Jerker we Thanks. Darren it makes me in this particular segment WHILE i think about, It, james some people get the segment as their personal. PLAYTHING i. Know, yeah who would have? Thought all the heavy metal? Dudes Canda, Chantell Hello, bowie how are?
Speaker 5: YOU i?
Speaker 1: KNOW i can trust You chantell and your heart on?
Speaker 10: This what do you got for?
Speaker 52: Us so she has a, couple she has another one that's a bit of a two. Jackob But Whitney, HOUSTON i have, nothing all, right all.
Speaker 1: Right, chantell this one's for.
Speaker 37: YOU i don't really need to look very.
Speaker 45: Much, FURTHER i don't want to have to call.
Speaker 13: Well you KNOW.
Speaker 31: I haven't folded back.
Speaker 49: Again this passion inside has run.
Speaker 5: Fromself no.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Chantel good on, you on, you you deliver a call of the day, today the ultimate family pizza. Night thank You anne and those of you better THAN i know. Myself all thanks To Home Slice cafe And Pizza.
Speaker 34: Bar.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed two, pizzas garlic, bread choice of soft drink you enjoyed in house or pick Up Home. Slice Home slice is In mindari's operated by a local fellow Called. Liam he's only twenty. Three Home slice the new pizza, bar extensive, menu aretis and pizzas prioritizes local, produce all made in. House it tastes difference. Today Home slice In. Mindari give it a go for your next takeaway. Night That's caller of The Day prize eleven minutes to one. O'clock thanks for listening in, today try and ring in and win That Home Slice cafe And Pizza bar voucher two pieces garlic, bread choice of soft. Drink they're In. Mindari get alem if you're listening it's called Home. SLICE a lot of people have recommended The Living, years WHICH i think is the. Mechanics that's. Right, yeah we might try and find. That lots of people recommending.
Speaker 6: That Gud A, Bernie Ah, Hi, Simon, yeah my Teerser shannon By Henry. Groth that's about the drowning dog.
Speaker 35: A The Beach.
Speaker 1: Boys yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah all, Right i'll have a listen on to. Select you know IF i do, Not, bernie thank you for phoning in.
Speaker 45: Hardly no what ye good mebe it's better than that way. Up i'm sure you tell.
Speaker 1: Her, YEAH i do remember, That. Bernie that's a big power, ball it Isn't i've forgot about that. Song good Work. Bernie in the running for call The, Day we're after your dead Set tiery Tear jerker Weepees Dan hill's perthday. Today sometimes when we touch GET I, gary you're, There, gaz he's.
Speaker 3: There, yeah he selected all?
Speaker 1: Selected, yeah, yeah ready to. Go gary there Lost, gary That's, Gary jimmy no More. Gary thank you for From, rusty Says. Simon old, mate great name for a race. Horse paul The octopus had a good rollicking laugh at that. Name Thanks, rusty too, groovy he, says, Thanks, rusty glad you liked. It the only person who did, Today Neil.
Speaker 12: SIMON i don't know IF i match your drowning.
Speaker 45: Dog but.
Speaker 9: WHEN i was, young.
Speaker 36: WHEN i was a young, GUY i had a really nice bog swagon beetle AND i met this. Girl we're going out for a. While her name Is, lee and she loved that this Song Daisy jane By, america and she loved it so much that she gave me the flick and kept.
Speaker 9: It was actually a cassette.
Speaker 36: And, missed so she kept.
Speaker 1: IT i gave you the, fleck kept the. Cassette so If lee to, LISTEN i want my. Cassette thanks, Mate Thanks. Neil here we, go easy, there noleazy.
Speaker 10: Again she.
Speaker 45: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Neil, lee if you are, Listening neil wants his cassette tape, back and you're and his. Heart he wants his heart back as. Well Good Alia, Peterson Hello, bowie how are you going long?
Speaker 9: Time?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 1: See, yeah you have to retrain. Yourself just log in still. Work yeah youre going to remember how to talk for four?
Speaker 3: Hours, yeah no.
Speaker 1: Worries are you? Better you feel LIKE?
Speaker 49: Ok, yeah it's it's a difficulty the, job isn't It when you can't? Talk, yea it makes it hard both you and. Will So scoeye had it On. SATURDAY i had to leave the. Broadcast, yeah still really. Raspy so it's going, around, Mate it is going. Around a couple of little children at home as well for a few days last. Week so we're all back on. Board i'll have THE pm on. Today, yes so obviously he's holding cabinet In. Perth gst what he thinks about bare knuckle. BOXING i, Honestly i've sat back on this one for a little. WHILE i just can't believe that this just didn't get to the cabinet table and someone just said, thanks but no.
Speaker 1: Thanks, yeah it's pretty, simple isn't. It And, OLLIE i think you KNOW jb broke the. Story well done to. Him we've all had a little dabble around. It we've spoken To rethro a fair bit about. IT i think it was always going to.
Speaker 49: HAPPEN i think you're, right AND i heard your comments this, morning BUT i just cannot for the life of. Me we have, created and we have the potential here to undo the legacy here Of martin McGown And Roger. Cook being tough on, crime being tough on domestic. Violence if you want to go and sanction, this no other states done. IT i JUST i just do not understand why we would want to be the pioneers in bare knuckle.
Speaker 1: BOXING i said on at the start, Today ollie on the if he goes TO Rac, arena their community Partners Telephone, lifeline The Polypharmer foundation On Graham farmer had head injury issues.
Speaker 49: Himself and if you are THE Rac, arena like you're from THE, rac you'd be probably on the phone saying can we get our can we get our brand removed from this?
Speaker 1: Place? Yeah can? You can you talk to us about? It so that's on the. Show, hey nice to have you, back good to be.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 49: Yeah and we've got a two hundred dollars out of The Vincent winebar today in the W A Good Food guide, segment we're after your favorite fresh joissine In, Perth bowie two hundred, bucks two hundred dollars to.
Speaker 1: Visbar it's a lot two. Hundred so bad is that you Banded Vincent?
Speaker 3: Wybar?
Speaker 1: Outstanding how?
Speaker 49: Bad did My french?
Speaker 1: Accent just?
Speaker 49: PROGRESS i don't know where it?
Speaker 1: Ended you sound at the end Of selle Like Chili valentine From. Liverpool, Someone, hey, mate can you do the honors? Please oliver before we? Go, yes no tapwater any good at your? Place so the yes is a sixty Because i've got a. Filter yes it's.
Speaker 49: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah IF i, didn't it was no good even though it's a fifth Go, yeah yeah they had a late. Search thank you. Mate listening us after the morning one till five. Today Olive, peterson he's. Back it was really cook last, week so nice to Have oli.
Speaker 10: Back.
Speaker 1: Michael we are after your dead set, Weepy Hey sam.
Speaker 42: And, Sorry i've got two quick.
Speaker 19: Ones just got nobody's child And i've got.
Speaker 15: Honey i'm not sure The arney, night but it's yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, mate very very very very teer jerky and, said thank You. Michael we we've got your first. ONE i reckon.
Speaker 37: Come for children and take them for, them.
Speaker 47: But there see to pass me and the last year ALL.
Speaker 1: I know they like to Take Thanks, michael tea, jerker, weepy no. Doubt we're four and a half minutes to one. O'clock we'll come back and let you know who's won our core all the. Day just a reminder we're broadcasting live from The Point Walter dome. Tomorrow that's Both brecki and. Us first fifty people to make themselves known to us will pick up a free cup of dome. Coffee but we'd love to see you down. There it is For variety and every dollar we raise tomorrow will be doubled by a generous benefactor down at the dome. Tomorrow thanks for. Listening back in a. Sec don't go To Point walter tomorrow because we won't be there and there's no dome. There we're actually going to deep water. Points they come down and help Support. Variety first fifty dudes to present get a cup of coffee from a. Dome hopefully some left after The brecky boys are. There caller of the day today Is. Leanne lianne said her boy said the water he was drinking tasted like The Riverton, Aquaplex Riverton. Pool Thanks, leanne very. Funny Home Slice cafe And Pizza bar voutually coming out to, You. Leanne two pieces garlic, bread choices of drink up In, mindari The Home Slice pizza barts the new one In mindari thanks To Liam Local, produce all made in. House Home slice In, mindari that's. It would love to see you, Tomorrow aaron Says. Simon just wondering if you're having more info what happened with The Calvarry. Pelicans please, erin please be listening in tomorrow we will talk to THE rspca and bring you right up to. Date thanks to my team for. TODAY i hope you enjoyed the. SHOW i certainly. Did back tomorrow at nine o'clock down at Deep Water point see, then