Speaker 1: Nine podcasts.
Speaker 2: Try Try, Try.
Speaker 1: Why am I dressed for the snow and you're dress for a date at the beat? Because it's the last day of it being sort of okay, whether it's nineteen today, I'm just gonna now it's winter, okay, wonderful. Well, if you live in another state, sorry, none of that's relevant to you, but I'm just letting you know that living if you live in Tasmania, it's relevant to you in Canberra because it's cold, it's freezing cold, okay. And Adelaide, No, Adelaide's not bad better than here, riveting guys. You bought it up. I know, I regret it. We've had no reviews, no new reviews lately on i app or eye Spotify. So you guys even like us? Is the question I want to ask. Is anyone even listening? Does anyone even want us to continue?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello, that's echoing, it's me?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yes, got it? I promise as we go into this episode there will be no vomit chat today. I also promise because I know it can be off putting for some people, because we have a legitimate phobics. There was a name for it, and I forguess making that up.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: If you have on amata peer, it's some sort of literate rich is doing a google onomata peer? What things were? Smart? Well, what's an example of honomatic peer? What sounds like it is the shopping that's no rich to our show and we're one second in he what was the shopping binge habit? Onomania? Onomania? Is the shopping binge habit we have? Now we're crossing to the metal metaphobia is also now the vomit phobia? And what is onomata peer? What is on amatapier?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: How do you even spell that?
Speaker 2: Gear?
Speaker 1: The formation of a word from a sound associated with what it is named? What like sizzle?
Speaker 3: It's like so sizzle sounds like a sizzle? Yeah, Cockoo sounds like cuckoo? Like that they are words?
Speaker 1: Doesn't every sound sound like what it is? Me ow?
Speaker 3: That's one wolf?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is't? What isn't a sound that doesn't.
Speaker 3: We largely see its relatively large number of bird names. Arise, Amatapa.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we've covered all that off. I promise you I'm getting dumber time with each chip you do, Like here we go.
Speaker 3: Look a boom zap pow wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine, Rich, But what ones? What's an example of not automatic? Peah?
Speaker 3: Every word you just said, but they're not a sound like beach isn't doesn't sound like what it is?
Speaker 1: Oh No, but a sound. We're talking about sounds.
Speaker 3: Beach is just a word, the formation of a word from a sound associated with what it's named.
Speaker 1: I reckon we take some scissors to this segment anyway, if you're just as confused as us. Do you know what, though, I'm going to now not be able to stop thinking about that. I know me neither. I won't be able to sleep. But that was a terrible way to introduce our podcast, to introduce our podcast, especially when we're begging for more reviews. I'm so sorry about that. But let's go into something nice. I'd like to give a shout out to Helen Lib. She came up to us at a cafe in South Melbourne on the weekend. I cannot tell you how much I love it when someone comes up to us like me way more than you. I don't know why. I'm just more of a people person. You've really yourself. No, it's not that I don't love it, It's just that I don't get so over excited that everyone's turning around and looking at me. I'm just who's everyone that's turning around? I'm looking at you. I'm talking about one person. Occasionally, I'm talking about when someone comes over. My reaction isn't like, oh my God would have a phone like. I still appreciate it the same as you do, but I'm just not so over the top about it. Okay, Well, I g's in my pants. So and I especially lose a plot when they talk about being a fan of the podcast, and Helen was yes, And I'm especially honored when people look smart and educated. And Helen did look both of those things, didn't she? She did. She looked well put together. She had a daughter and her mom, I think with her or her sister you have, and maybe her husband and a daughter. Maybe her husband daughter friend. I think anyway, it's irrelevant, but she bought everyone over and it was joyous. It was truly joyous. And I can only speak for myself and I say it makes my day, my wee, my month, then maybe even my year when something like that happens, because I live quite a grim, sad, not eventful existence. So just know that that kind of thing is the highlight of my life. And also, do you know what we find when people come up to us say always apologize. They're like, oh, so sorry to body, I didn't know whether I should come up. If you're ever questioning that, please come up. There is never going to be an occasion where we don't throw off it. Do you know where I would specially especially like it on a date. What do you mean if I was on a date and someone came up and said, oh my gosh, you mon if I get a photo, no one downs. So that loggy. So the person you're with is like, oh my god, this person celebrity a power move Ooh that is gross. It's one of the grossest things you've ever said. But no one ever asks when we're separately because it's only us in context, and even then they're a bit confused, like did I go to school with you? So, but just letting you know, if I'm ever on a date, especially come up to me, so I don't go on date. So that's never gonna happen. Anyway. We can move on from that. But Helen's favorite podcasts are Ours and The Imperfect. I mean, have you ever received a greater company, what good company? But everyone needs a bit of light and shade, don't they Light and shade? Light and shade. We are the well not the imperfect are shade. No, But it's in light trade in terms of yes, depth and education and transformative versus pup chat, laughs and jovial and maybe some offensiveness when we talk about vomit and discharges. It's, as we say, where the reality TV of the podcast works correct, where you just want my numbing gear, don't you?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Doesn't It just go to show that you can listen to all different sorts of things. You know, she listens to all this transformative stuff, and then you've got our gear. Yep, you can like shade. So I'm saying, our sister Scarlett, she gets a lot of mentions on this podcast, doesn't She mostly not super positive, and she always gets quite deitato when she's given us a list of things we can't talk about. Can't I can't possibly bring up the list of what they are because where you have been told, we will be designed and she will never cooperate with us, and she won't give her a boo boo to us, to you. So our sister Scarlett sent us a TikTok, and that TikTok was of a vet pulling out a large chunk of dog hair from a dog's ear. And the reason she sent it to us is because, especially me, I'm obsessed with pimple popping rich our producer, Do you pull out hair from your dog's ears?
Speaker 3: No, they don't really have any.
Speaker 1: Have you ever even looked? Is the question I put to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know I have to clean the black labs is because he gets gunk in there. Yeah, but it's not fun. It's not satisfying. I know exactly what you're thinking, Eliza, because I love a good pimple video. But it's not satisfying because it's like, it's really difficult.
Speaker 1: What comes out is that wax that comes It's like it.
Speaker 3: Almost looks like dried blood. The type of wax.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is any better than vomit chatfi'mus, but is it? Is it stinky?
Speaker 3: It is a bit stinky? Wow?
Speaker 1: Anyway, it was it was so satisfying, absolute feel to watch, but it was so satisfying. And do you know what Liba's response was? It was, I can't believe Mum used to make me do that every day with Mini's ears, which is our pastaway doll. Okay, so it gives some context with our old dog Mini. As you said, she's no longer with us gold rest. So Mum or Dad would hold her because obviously she would get you know, someone pulling our hair out of your ears. That's quite painful. And I would get a tissue and reach down so far into her ears with like my pointer finger and my thumb and just yank with quite a lot of force the hair out of her ears. Why is it because they can't hear if it's in there? Apparently Yeah, And it, just like Rich was saying before, generates lumps of shit and often it would be genuinely dried blood and wax. And because if when you think about it, their ear canals are quite open, and you know they're rustling around in the dirt and rolling around in their own shit. Instead, they're less open than ours because I've got ears covering their But think about how much they just roll around in their own filth. But they've got their ears to cover it. Yes, But if they're when they're rolling around, the ears flat back, so they're getting crapple in there. You can imagine what because they literally roll around in shit outdoor, used to roll around its own ship, eat its own vomit all that. Yeah, so do you know what? She would come in most days and have just crashit down her neck exactly, So that ends up. So I'm essentially pulling out hair with shit vomit, Like, oh god, not what else you said the V word? Sorry, I just had to. I didn't. Actually it wasn't like a vomit story as such, but it was just mentioning the word. And before people come at me for animal cruelty, apparently it is like the VET said, to do is something that you should do because yeah, they have DAGs, they have ear DAGs. Okay, So where was I when this is happening and I moved out on this? I don't know, and I don't know why I did it, but I did it all the time, and I weirdly liked it at the time. I found it really satisfying. Was she uncomfortable? Was she screaming and stuff? I would not hold her down. I wonder if it hurts them, because when you just pluck a single hair from anywhere, it absolutely cane. Like when I'm plugging my musta, it came. I don't think it's a comfortable thing for them, but then it provides comfort for them after when they don't have vomit DAGs hanging from their ears. Did you dry wretch each time? I think I sort of did dry wretch, but I found it weirdly satisfying as well. I don't know. I don't because I did it for a lot. I did it for years. Now, the thought of it, there's no why you could pay me to even do that again now, I think we must at a later point, Ring, Mum, I just want to double check this story. I feel like you're making it up, or maybe you did it once and you take can make that up. It's disgusting. I don't particularly want to be associated with doing You sound brave, do you know what? Though?
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 1: When we're back in Adelaide now with our new dog Dot, who's well and truly alive, and I see Mum cleaning the goosey out of her eyes and the dingleberries off her anus, I want to truly it truly makes me violently ill. I don't know who what I was in that life when I cleaned the ears rich you may as well just keep me a microphone on. Do you do I goods on your two dogs?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, it's fun, but it's just like little fun. But it's just like these little dried black sleep things. It's like our sleep.
Speaker 1: What about pooh DAGs off the anus? There's no poo DAGs are joking? Sorry, there's hair that like grows around a norse. And then what if they do a poo and it sticks to their an?
Speaker 3: No issue for the short haired black lab. The goldie again has no issues. It's all kind of designed to just, you know, so that I don't need toilet paper out in the wild.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? You'd rather a dog that doesn't shed but has poodags or a dog that sheds that you don't have to clean your pood eggs off. I would rather a non shedder and pood.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I've got the opposite to that. I prefer that. I like it that way.
Speaker 1: The mum cleans dots anus and I every single day.
Speaker 3: What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: What about anal clans? Oh that's another thing. Minnie used to come in from outside sometimes and she used to just rub her anus along the floor, you know how with the front they're sitting in a seated position the dog and then with its front legs pull.
Speaker 3: There's a lot more issues with the designer dogs. The little dogs. Yes, my big brutes don't have any of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, right, So there's positives and negatives. But I think I don't know whether I've mentioned on here before, probably, but I've looked after a dog with severe anal gland issues and God, I love taking it to the vet. It's my favorite and getting them lease. This is That's what I was going to ask me. Do you have to milk them? No? You let them. When I was looking after this dog, you just let the glands build up. You know. This is when I'm looking after it for like two weeks, and then I would take it and it would be meal o. The glands. Can you see the glam they sort of start bulging? So could you have grabbed? Oh god, yeah, why didn't you try? But it stinks. I like the idea of it, but I don't want to be involved. A milky, mucusy texture. What's the texture? It's like a well this I can only speak for this experience. It's like a runny pass on that I feel like I would froth watching that do you know what I've realized though that I did the ear thing back in the I would massage mom's feet days and that now makes me feel really sick. There's something not quite wrong. Last thing on dogs, How bad is dog?
Speaker 3: Bad?
Speaker 1: Bread? Do your dogs get bread?
Speaker 3: It's the worst. Especially our couch, like where you sit, it's at a good light for them, so they'll be really close to your face.
Speaker 1: And do they sleep up next to you? They sleep on your bed, don't they?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, not in the bed anymore. They used to actually, but they sleep in the bedroom. But when they need to go out to the toilet in the middle of the night because they're elderly, and they'll come out, they might breathe or do a you know, just rub them. But the problem is so the black lab he likes to treat himself to some who treats and left in the backyard that he or his brother have left in the backyard dogs. So they the whales described to me is like they see it as like chocolate and they're just having a treat. So I've looked at Tim Tams and the whole other light since hearing that. But yeah, if he goes out and does that I don't enjoy when he comes up to me next and rubs his face in mind.
Speaker 1: Do you not be worth me eating my own poops, meeting your books, or me eating your vomit so like those dogs are eating it?
Speaker 3: Can I ask you? Flagged at the start of this, don't worry. This is not going to be gross vomit chat is this? Is this? What better or worse? Sorry?
Speaker 1: I didn't expect it to go quiet as terrific. Just last thing, even though I keep saying the last thing. So do you clean your dog's teeth?
Speaker 3: No, you don't clean the teeth.
Speaker 1: You give them a true thing that's like a mint jews or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those those chew treats, or you give them bones and stuff.
Speaker 1: Because moms recently started letting the dogs sleep in with her rather than the laundry. And she just she said, the undad and she said the other night Dot woke her up like lick in her face. And he's like, because always sometimes we do sometimes kiss our dog in Adelaide, and dadaways goes, don't let the dog kiss you lick you on the mouth. So many gems and stuff, and that is true. You have goes me for some gross stuff I do, and you let the dog lick you and kiss you, and it's been eating its own pooh and dogs, pooh and and everything at feces. So faces, you're gross, You're gross. Let's try that. Okay, all right? So we play some audio, a line or a croat, a cute. I do this yere time. I say quote a quote from a reality TV show, and then we have to guess the next line. Now Dingleberry scores. Eliza is on two, I'm on one. I reckon. We have now done? How many of these are? Yeah? I'm ashamed with that score. Because we claim to watch a lot of reality TV. Our producers have picked the audio we are about to hear. This is from the Simple Life, Oh What a Heaven Show, American reality TV series starring Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. It depicts the two wealthy social lights as they struggle to do menial, low paying jobs. Which ones you reckon? You would be in? Which one would I be? You'd be Nicole Richie for sure. All I need to say about this is where the modern day life characters don't you reckon? Yes? Two sheltered clueless gowls, trying things, trying things that we'd rather not do. Okay, so are you happy with the fact you would be Nicole Richie'd parent. She's probably the most daft, the most daft deer in headlights, and Nicole Richie is a bit more go getter. Rich agrees with that. Okay, all right, yeah, all right. So this is from the very first episode they did. You'll hear Paris first and then Nicole. Let's play the audio. I never had a job ever. I've never had a job.
Speaker 3: I have been a fit.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they say I've never had a job ever, did you. I've never had a job, I've been a What had Nicole Richie been before the show? How old would they just quickly oh, yeah, twenty one or something? Surely? But they can't have done any type of real job, surely because I both grew up in very wealthy, yes, successful families. All they've done is socialite. Because Nicole Richie was adopted by Lionel Richie who's the singer. Yes, and then Paris she's adopted. Did you not know that, didn't you? I think Lionel I fell down a hole googling this once. I think Lionel adopted her from I think his friend who was struggling. Yes, that's true. Something like that is true. And then Paris obviously comes from the Hilton family. Kathy, who would have on Desperate Housewives, Desperate Housewives, no Housewives of Beverly Hills. So yeah, neither of them have needed to have jobs. So I reckon what we're running with here is something non job related. So can I tell you what I think? Absolutely, I've been a really, really really good napper baby. Do you know what a baby? So it's short for nepotism baby, and it's a person who gained success or opportunities through family connections, especially a child of a famous parent. I googled that and got the actual definition because I knew you'd ask that for some reason. I just vibes that you wouldn't understand what that was. Okay, thank you so much. My guess is I've been a daddy's little princess my whole life. Likely highly likely practical? Yeah as always? All right, let's hear what it was, beg your skeater figure skater? What that has blown my mind? That has blown my tony little mind. But I can picture her colors a figure skater, could I? But I mean that's not Yeah, I guess that makes sense because it's not a job. That's more of a hobby. Yeah, figure skater, beg your skeater, figure skater. Wow, that's not a job. So she's obviously just done it for fun. Now we need to google that and see if she was like a professional that she did competition and she looks like the little battle arena that you get when you open a toy bot. No, what do they call their little jewelry boxes? That's what you've been around. Yeah, wow, that's actually very fascinating. On the back of that, I would like to make a statement about the fact that I was forced to get a job when I was thirteen years old? Do you know what it was like? Something like thirteen and seven months or something. You had to be of legal age to get a job. Wasn't it something like that back when in the day I was barely out the womb? I know, I agree, so did I. You looking at me as if you were the only one that had to do that. I feel like you weren't forced to do it as late as me. You've got a much easier run than I. Ever, y, it is so untrue. What was the whole ear hair gear. Yeah, and massaging mom's feet, child slaving our home. Ah, what was your first job? Well, do you know why we got jobs is because Dad made us, because he's Yeah, because he grew up, you know, from coming from nothing and great instill those values in us. One hundred thirteen, in my opinion, is too young. Well, it's got us to where we are today. Like it's one thing to want to teach your kids how to earn money, but that was slave labor gear. I disagree. I would have been happy with just putting the bins out for some poker money. Well, I think we probably got that too. But I would go straight from school at three thirty pm, get changed in the car, so putting my noose up on the window, mooning people, trying to get changed, to clock on at three forty five, and then I would clock off again about seven thirty pm, rip me. Then coming home doing my homework, eating and trying to get to bet at a reasonable hour. Oh you poor that you would have had so much going on at thirteen. Oh the dad set cooker, that's what I was. Well lucky you had a reasonable shift. I would go to my shift at the news agency which was my first job from four till five thirty. That was my shift an hour and a half because it was only open till five thirty. Thirty was an hour and a half and I got something like twelve dollars an hour, so I'd be literally earning thirty dollars in a day lib I was paid. I found an old time sheet what are they called it? Forty time Jesus, Basically from when you're thirteen, you've kept seven dollars an hour hour. I spent more on a bus hit getting the bus never got That wasn't the point. So some of my mates didn't have jobs till UNI. That's just not fair. I wanted to be one of those people. I think it's made us into like resilient, good people that we've learned a lot. You learn more in the real world doing stuff like that than you did at SCORE and UNI. I think my first job, to answer your question, which I didn't initially answer, was at Wendy's. And Wendy's was an ice cream fast food type of joint in Adelaide because we were in Adelaide at that point. It was basically it was like sort of an ice cream shop, mainly but had these heaven hot dogs would put garlic, garlic, butter, cheese. The condiments I would put on those, I would have on your butter garlic, butter, grated cheese, barbecue sauce, tomato sauce, and two types of mustards. Those throbbers would be absolutely dripping yum. They also did a really great crunchy thick shake. Oh my god, I forgot about those. They were I corny. Do you know what else? Chocolo chocolate, which are chocolate soft serve that looked like little turds. Wasn't that load turds on a cone? Low fat chocolate turds on a cone. Joe so brings back accolo. Don't mistake this for the Wendy's that's in America. That's a fast Foo joint. This was its own entity in Australia and it was heaven on Earth? Was it the only one in Australia did they have? I mean no, there was one. Was there? You're not even from Adelaide?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't just an Adelide.
Speaker 1: We should have opened up another window.
Speaker 3: I think they still exist.
Speaker 1: I reckon there's one at Victor Harbor Leeve or something, or Gholwa down the Florido Peninsula anyway. But seven dollars an hour is daylight robbery, honest to god. Yeah, but you didn't think that back when you were thirteen. I remember not being overly happy about it. I no wonder my cholesterol was so high is because I would have three of a shift. No, I think we didn't even get free. I think we only got a discount. I know. But so you spent literally all your money that you earned in that shift. You would spend on hot dogs, Yeah, chocolo Yeah, can't you think jokes? And that's still what I'm doing to this very day, spending all my money on the head. But I know, Hea said we weren't going to talk about vomit. Yeahhach, really quick story. I don't remember this. So when I was working at said Wendy's, there was a gastrobug going round and I was doing all the shifts because everyone had gone down. And there was this one Saturday and I went on my lunch break and I had my Rippings hot dog and my giant crunchy thick shake with extra crunchy bits and extra crunchy squirts, and down that because you had about you know, eight minutes for your break. And then I came back and my stomach started to churn and I flagged that I wasn't feeling wonderful, and they said, you need to leave immediately because this gastro bug is going around. Like call your mum, because I was that bloody young, fresh out the womb that I couldn't even drive at this point. So Mum came and picked me up, and as we're driving home, I just went gray and opened my mouth. It was a fountain of hot dogs and chocolate. Crunchy me into a bag or something. Least I precort it in my Wendy's apron. Oh yeah, yeah, so that is something that really sticks out. I don't think I could actually eat again after that, not eat in general. Obviously I could eat again. In general, I eat quite significantly, but those two items I don't think I could face again. I think that only lasted for a week or so, though. But if that was my child, like I was Mum's child, I would have opened the door, popped me out on the curb, left me for something. I would have kicked you, and then set the car alive. Same. I'm not dealing with that gear never, never, never quite with that though, because she was a midwife. So I feel like she's dealt with all that stuff and so she's okay. That's where a chundy bib that we discussed the other word chunky bib of like a bucket on a bib. It would be wonderful even on when I was a teenager at that point. Well, I've got some funny stories from when I worked at this news agent, see, because it should just not fly these days. So I was obsessed with magazines. I would and did work experience at Dolly magazine and stuff like that. Loved anything to do with it. So we could at the end of our shift take home as many magazines as we wanted. Literally go along, pick up all the magazines and take them home them and then bring them back try and keep them in good condition and sell them, not sell them. But you could just bring them back at the end of your shift. But as if you would be out, Sorry, I'm confused about what you're saying. You would take a shift, happen, get as many magazine time as you wanted, Yeah, take them, read them at home, and then bring them back the next shift to sell them on the shelf, to sell them. You said not to sell them. I thought you meant sell them to my mates.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, why is that controversial? Yeah sell them? Yeah that's dodger. You could not do that now, No, that's like and I would often they'd be dog tape, you know, doggied and all that kind of stuff and have little samples and all sorts. And remember the magazines that were around Gratzier and Okay Magazine and I think they're still around angel. Do you know what I reckon? This is when my binge shopping started, because I would buy that much crap from the news agentcy. You remember the stuff that they would sell in a news agency, like alarm clocks, and you know when nice little Luo Emu bag or a pair of Seashell ear rings, or just saying like I'm just giving an example. Die. I also remember I, at thirteen and seven months was selling people lotto tickets and scratches and that is so quietly illegal. You have to be sixteen to do that, didn't you. Yeah, they just said again, I would just do it because I think they just needed people to do it. I actually worked a couple of shifts there and I just remember dusting as slowly and as lengthily I don't think that's a word, as possible to make the shift go by, because all you would do. I spent my whole job taking things off the shelf, dusting it, cleaning it with win necks or whatever you use, putting it back on again, and you'd make your way around the shop, and then you'd finish a shift again, done it, start again the next time. Anything else. No. I did a catering company that was fun, that was crazy, with only mates. We just stand there gossiping over making chicken sambos yum, chickens sad one for the client, one for me. Why. Actually my next job was pastor deli. Did you work there for a bit too? You just followed? I think I just sat there in eight But this was basically a place where it was just pasta and salads for sale, and as soon as they would go out of date, we could take them home. So our freezer at home was just full on pasta deli and that is my dream meal. So that was absolute heaven to me. The worst thing about child's slave labor is working on weekends. My friends would be out living their best lives, and I would be their scoop and ice cream until at least on a Sunday you'd get paid time and a half. So you get fourteen dollars apart, not seven dollars for your Yeah, wonderful, how lucky. Oh, I didn't expect that. Try the line to open up so much. How wonderful to so many old wounds, to revisit those memories. We'll be back in your ears Thursday, guys to have a big old bitch about being the single friend who is all always supporting others and maybe not getting quite as much love and support in return. The key for me, I think, which we'll discuss, is needing to maybe rejig my expectations and care a bit less, because to be honest, my care factor is in absolute overdrive and it is eating me alive like debilitatingly, isn't it, and actually debilitating my life at terms. It's affecting you as well. It's taking up all my precious psychology time. So hopefully I can bring some attention to the unsung and uncelebrated guys and goals and just say, heroes and heroes, you are heroes who are just gagging for some love and reciprocation. You know, God, you've got to really live a really really tough life. Follow Try before you die. Wherever you get your podcast from my app or the eye Spotify, and that's where you can also leave one of these reviews that nobody's leaving for us. Can I also say someone wrote to us the other day in the day and being like, Hi, girls, I notice you keeps so I Spotify. You do realize its Spotify. We do realize this. We just say it as a joe. It's a play onwards. We also are available on the I YouTube, Ye Instagram. Bye TikTok bye nine Now okay, we'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Try to call you back.