Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for listening in, and thanks to Carl and Milsey for the Bricky Show today here until one o'clock. Lots to here from you talkback radio program on a talk back radio station six PR. If you're new to the show, give us a call. We always ask a yes no question a poll that we take during the course of the morning, and today's question is about air travel and would you travel at the moment's given the situation in the Middle East. The phone lines are open one double three eight eighty two and the text lines up and running zero four eighty seven, triple nine eighty two. We're late for work this morning. I was, I think most people in our office was the police closed the freeway, the Mitchell Freeway southbound for legitimate reasons today and it was very very heavy traffic, wasn't it. So Yeah, just on the on the freeway and you saw the four I was on the tree US five and you saw the four four crosses for the lanes being closed. Everyone had to get off at Vincent Street through from five o'clock through to about seven o'clock this morning. I think we're very very heavy traffic. Indeed, were you were you late for the work? This morning. Well on to the police. They did close the freeway for legitimate reasons this morning. One double three eight eighty two. If that was you or we want to SMS ME zero four eight seven triple nine eight eighty two. Coming up on the show today, I'm going to talk about Kids Sport. Kids Sport has been an incredibly successful program for disadvantaged kids and families to play community sport. You know, just Battler kids. Batler families been able to play community sport because of Kids Sports, something like one hundred and thirty thousand kids. And looks like in the budget last week that's the Treasurer and the government have snuck through this idea of reducing the Kids Sport money, reducing the value of the Kids Sport voucher from five hundred dollars to three hundred bucks. Now we'll talk about that in just a second, because it was in August last year that the then Sports and rec Minister Dave Templeman made quite a fuss, big song on Dance about the fact that the money was going from three up to five hundred. So what will that mean for kids sport families? I suspect it will mean that kids only play one sport. They either play winter sport or summer sport, and the parents themselves will have to fork out a little bit more. It's been a very successful program. Since twenty and eleven, one hundred and thirty thousand vouchers have been handed out, or sorry, one hundred and thirty thousand kids have been recipients of a Kid's Sport voucher. So we'll try and work out why today that the amount has been reduced from five hundred bucks to three hundred bucks, and what does it mean for kids and their families. It's it's kind of hard to understand where we are. You know, we've got an operating surplus, a net debt, of course, but we have an operating surplus of costs about twenty million dollars this program, and it's been the voucher amount has been reduced one double three eight eighty two. Love to hear from you today a true detective with Dave Parkinson today, the veteran cropper will join us after ten o'clock. We'll take us through some tense times in Laburton when Parky was a young copper. There's a fair bit happening in Laverton back in the day, and a follow up to a story we did last week on recycling contain us for change and you know the notion of maybe making items return from ten cents to twenty cents, and we spoke about product stewardship. So we'll speak to a bloke who started a tie recycling plant up in the northern suburbs. It's a good story. We'll have a question for you. We want to try and clear something up this morning.
Speaker 2: Right, let's clear this up once and for all.
Speaker 1: So, given what we've seen, given the US has has made attacks onto the Tran Nuclear in Richmond facilities, and now given there's been a response from Tehran from Iran, President Trump has declared, or shortly declared, there is a twelve hour ceasefire between Israel and Iran. So that's mister Trump saying that. Read into that what you will. That's his thoughts and he's obviously a serious stakeholder and broker in all of this. So, yes, no question, would you jump on a plane at the moment, Would you jump on a plane at the moment? What are you hearing? Would you jump on a plane at the moment? Yes or no? So there are delays or changes to the Perth London route which is heading to Singapore. We know that a flight's been recalled Perth to Paris. We understand that many of the Doha flights have been canceled as well. So my question for you, yes or no? Would you jump on a plane at the moment, particularly if it was heading through or to the Middle East. I've had a little look around this morning and the defat travel advice. You know, there's some criticism that mister Albernizi and pennywe weren't saying much over the last few days. Well, the defect travel advice is still dated the fifteenth of June, so it hasn't been updated since the fifteenth of June. Do not travel to Iran, Israel and the occupied Palestinean territories. There's no mention of countries near to those areas, like Doha and others. So the stopovers from Perth to London are places like Singapore, Jubai, Bangkok, Doha, Abba Dabi in Hong Kong. Would you are you considering not hopping on a plane? Is that you love to hear from you today? Mix says yes' a hoby in a plane in a heartbeat Hayden says, yes, I had travel would exclude a number of destinations. Thank you, Hayden. This one here from Brendan. Hi, Simon Gide, Brendan, I'm probably a no for air travel, but probably only to European countries. Took my wife and how to get to work from will up. Yes, same this morning, Brendan. It was very very heavy traffic. Indeed, I'd love to hear from you today one number three eight at two. Will you be hopping on a plane anytime soon? Some of our mates are heading to London and they you know, and they will have stopovers and they are concerned about it. The DEFAT travel advice hasn't been updated since the fifteenth of June and doesn't mention anything about the US entering the escalating hostilities. But Smart Traveler does have a little bit more information than DEFAT website hasn't been updated since the fifteenth of June. I find that incredible. Would you jump on a plane at the moment?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Yes? Are five and the nose of one fourteen minutes past nine. Thanks for listening in today, love to hear from you. Going to talk kid sport next here on the program, We're going to talk to people who are intimately evolved with community sport and with volunteering, and I wonder what they think about the kids sport amount being knocked back from five hundred bucks to three hundred bucks. We do have some audio from August the seventh last year. Stay listening, Thanks for listening. In one double three eight eight two is the talk back line and the text number is zero four at seven triple nine eight eighty two. Yes or no? It would you hop on a plane at the moment, particularly if it was going to Europe or going near to the Middle East on a stopover or a destination. The yeses are seven and the nose to two. Lots of correspondence on this one. Darren says no, you'd have to have rocks in your head. Good day, Darren, Thank you. Karen says yes on fly, but not to any destinations in the Middle East, mind you. I wouldn't go there even if there were no problems. This one here from John Gooday. John, my daughter traveled to Doha on Saturday, then on to Paris and is now in Casablanca, returning in a week's time through Doha again, Praying she will be safe. Thanks Johnny. Yes, Doha is well and truly in the cross heres. Yes only to New Zealand, says Steve from Kenny Mills. Thank you, Steve. Terrence says yes, as long as it's not here India. Thanks mate. We'll talk kids sporting just a moment. Case is so much for Rita's cost of living, helpful families. Reducing the money for kids sport will have consequences for decades to come. So it's being reduced from five hundred bucks to three hundred bucks. We'll talk about this in a sick on the program Margaret's founding. Hello Margaret, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: I was just thringing up about the air travel. We know someone who is flying to London tonight and he was flying with Qatar through Dolha. He got an olficashion yesterday. The two flights have been changed and they're now flying through Hong Kong.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and how do you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how are you? How are you feeling about that? As a family member.
Speaker 6: I would travel, you would.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 4: We flew out from the UK after being on holiday when there was all the Iran and Iraq problems and basically the plane just went up a few thousand feet, flew along and came back down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, so the normal and.
Speaker 9: It doesn't worry me.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't worry me at all.
Speaker 10: I would jump on a plane.
Speaker 4: I don't think i'd want to go through.
Speaker 9: Your heart or Dubai.
Speaker 4: At the moment. I would probably find another route, but I would still get on a plane.
Speaker 1: And fly if I had to back to the Yeah, all right, thank you, Margaret, thanks for calling in, Thanks for your thoughts, have a good day. Thank you. Lots of correspondence on this Lee, Sorry, John is a no, he doesn't want to fly at the moment. The fieries are out and about with placards and signage on major arterial roads asking for better paying condition. So I'm assuming that's professional firefighters. That's just coming from one of our listeners. Lots of correspondence on this. No, I wouldn't get on a plane at this time of unrest, says Linda, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Linda.
Speaker 1: Pete says, don't let a war get in the way of a great holiday. Too many drama queens fearmongering on this one, so that say yes lots and Jerry from Batande and hello jez I heading for Africa next Monday, which I booked a long time ago. No why I'm going to cancel. I hope you don't miss me. We will will Jerry travel safe mate, thank you. It was in August last year the David Templeman, then Sports and Recreation Minister, was out and about proudly announcing that the state government was increasing the kid Sport voucher amount to five hundred dollars. He is the former sports minister. David Temple won in August last year.
Speaker 11: The highly successful Kids Sport program has been enhanced by the Cook government. We've now enhanced it to five hundred dollars. We want more and more children young people to be accessing community sport.
Speaker 12: And to be able to do that affordably.
Speaker 11: That's why we have seen the two thousand more participants in the Kids Sport program since last year. But I want to as Sports Minister, to grow that even more because we know how much benefit it is both mentally and physically for those children young people to be participants.
Speaker 1: All right, So the state budget of last week has has quietly reduced the amount back down to to is it two hundred or three hundred sree from five hundred dollars to three dollars, so we've been making some calls today. This program has been in effect since twenty eleven, came in under the Barnet government. It's long been successful. One hundred and thirty thousand kids, two hundred and fifty thousand vouchers. The biggest recipients of the sports are the codes, football, netball, gymnastics. They're the big three. I think that get the most amount of kids bought vouchers. We'll just check that. So footy, netball, soccer, are basketball, and gymnastics are the big five. They're the top five sports. So in case you're not familiar with kids bought money, it comes from the state. A family apply. They apply to the kids sport team at the department or to the local government at the local rec center or the library. That's assessed by the kid sport team. You get a tick and then the money goes to the club. The money goes to the club, not to the family, so win win win for the family. The kid can play sport across a range of sports. It's been around since twenty eleven. For some reason, the government has reduced the amount. Theresa Newton last year was became the sports wherest Volunteer of the Year joins me. Now good, they Terresa.
Speaker 9: Hi Simony, how are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well thanks, So you're involved with rugby league netball.
Speaker 13: Yeah so I've yeah, so I've got the Dunal Up Giants Rugby League club and I'm also triggning over at power Rose Netball Club.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 13: So look at just under one thousand members.
Speaker 1: Yep, fifty junior teams in total. And do you you would no doubt see kids sport kids and kids sport families on your patch.
Speaker 13: Oh, in fact, we really push for it. And I noticed you just said that the minister that like quietly came into a seat. I only literally found out about this probably ten minutes ago that it stopped from five hundred to three hundred. So that will, like it will impact quite a few of our people, I believe myself includers, I have a daughter who has some one diabetes, so she's in a health get card and she plays football and rugby league and that they're covered all of her fees. So now, I mean not that we'd make a decision to drop one of those sports, but it just puts a lot of pressure on us for three kids all playing sports and you know, every penny helps.
Speaker 1: So that's as an administrator, also as a mum, people might have to make a choice maybe between a summer and a winter sports or EISA.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's quite unfortunate because we do get a lot of people that do that that five hundred, like having that sort of amount. I mean, you're looking at nickball fees are up in the three hundreds, Rugby league fees are over at like about the two point fifty. I mean, you've got soccer's up in the sixteen one hundreds, and there's just no way families. I mean it's like, you know, the persons are getting pulled tighter and tighter. So I think this is only going to disadvantage a lot of those children when it's so important for them to be out there playing sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not. And it's not a lot of dough THEREASA compared to a train line or you know some of the big infrastructure projects that we see. It's a twenty million dollar fund. It's been around since twenty eleven, and it's just it's a little mystifying why this has happened. In your role as an administrator, are there any other funds or any other ways that people can get some help.
Speaker 13: Not really listen, we've got a couple of local politicians. If we get into a lot of trouble or not, not us as a club, but if we know some families that are really struggling, we can write an email and you know, some total help them out. But you know that's that's like one or two. We're talking hundreds of families within our my clubs spread along that will be losing out on that money. And you know, most of those kids are on health care cards because you do actually have to be on a house care cards be eligible to receive the kids sports. So you know a lot of those people, you know, they're paying for medications and all of that sort of stuff for their kids. They're on housecare cards, and so that ling along as.
Speaker 5: It is now.
Speaker 13: So yeah, it's only going to get worse for them.
Speaker 1: And it seems more than passing strange that someone like yourself, who's a hot, pretty high profile in your own writing community sport, didn't know about this.
Speaker 13: So you're question about this and I literally just reposted on our pages for the five hundred dollars, so I'll have to go and delete that without looking linked idiots.
Speaker 1: Changed, Yeah, change the five from two or three areas. Thanks thanks for chatting to us today. Keep up the good work. Thank you so much your trees and Newton. So she Sports West who used to be the WA Sports Federation, hold a set of awards every year. It used to be called the anz Head Sports Star of the Year but it's still still the big award in Perth and Theresa was the Volunteer of the Year last year. So she looks after fifty junior teams. Heber kids and didn't know about it. A bit of a mystery this one. I've got to say, this is a bit of a mystery given the sport and rec coup the News Sport and Recks Ministers does have kids who play junior sport. We've talked to her a fair bit about it, so it does seem very weird. It was August last year that money went from three to five. This will mean I think three to five hundred bucks. This will mean some kids will choose, some families will choose. I reckon, just play summer sport or just play winter sport, which is I've just word it like this. That's a great shame. It's a good program Kids Sport one double three eighty so yes, no, would you jump on a plane at the moments particularly went through the Middle East. Terry of mal Lu says, my husband is landing in Doha in ten minutes time. Thanks Terry, best of British to you. Sue says, no, high sup. Cow says yes, we'll get on a plane now and go somewhere nice and warm, maybe Asia, get away from this brutal winter, says Cow. Thank you, cal So you know hi mate. My daughter flew to Albania from Sri Lanka through Doha two days ago. Thank you. Zino and Chris said I just received anyone flying condas should go to the QUANDUS website on flight schedules, diversions, et cetera. Thank you. Mark says sorry, that was Chris. Thanks Chris. Mark says yes, I'm planning on traveling to Zambia at Christmas time, hopefully things will be better by then. And Steven says yes I would fly. Thanks for your thoughts today. Love to hear from you. And if you are a kids Sport president, kids sport family, even a kid who played sport because the kid's sports now grown up, give us a call one Level three eight to eighty two by Tony morning Bowie.
Speaker 14: You know the government they made some strange decisions. They spent thirty million dollars for BHP with Buyolan, which is now a shed in the Quanana strip that hasn't had anything done to it. That thirty million dollars would have paid for these children. And I wonder how much it's done because of political donations towards political parties where families seem to be hit. You know, is it strange that the Cook governments come in and they've just cut everything back. You know, I don't know what's going on here, and I don't seem to value the families and the kids playing sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's only twenty million dollars in total. This fun made and it's so important. Thank you, Tony. I'm not aware of that shed down in Quanana. Yeah, it's you know, we're talking community sport broadly. The federal governments and the Institute's support look after elite sport, as did the National codes government and local government look after community sports right. LG's provide the facilities and the state provides money through CSRFF and through Kids Sport, So people can play on them. That's the idea. The state looks after community sport and they've pulled back on this one, which is bizarre. So whether that means, you know, whether they've done that so more kids have access to it. I think there's been mentioned of scouts and guides being part of the program now. But you know, in this day and age, being able to play for those battle of kids, to be able to play two sports, a winter sport in the summer sport's pretty important. I order, I would have thought. Sadly we saw a fatalitian car got Itch Road in the share of Serpentine Jaradah on the last couple of days, and it is. It is one of Perth's most dangerous roads. Cargot Itch Road goes between Mama John Road and Thomas Road. It's got a lot of narrow areas, a lot of bumps, little bridges. I think there's nine different spots on car Gottage Road that are known to be dangerous. We've talked about it a fair bit. One of the most dangerous roads in the metropolitan area. Another fatality yesterday on that road. We'll go down to SJ in just a moment. Yes, no, would you jump on a plane at the moment. I'll come back and let you know the result.
Speaker 15: Mitchell Freeway southbound is still very much slow this morning from Vincent Street right back to Read Highway, so still avoid it if you can. Dealing with a crash on Great East and Highway westbound at Darlington Road in Darlington. The left land has been closed by the Internet Response Team. Emergency services are on side.
Speaker 12: Traffic is very heavy back to Scott Street.
Speaker 15: There in better news that crash cleared from Read Highway eastbounder after beach Borough Road at Northern beach Borough Traffic flowing okay. Likewise, crash cleared Fitzgerald's Street north about at Newcastle's Treating in West Perth. I'm step Clark on Perth Traffic Leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Thanks your thoughts today, Veronica says, Hello, Veronica, She says, really cut two sports assistants. They've also cut the support for the vax Swim subsidy. Glad you're back on air. Thank you, Veronica. That's nice. I didn't know that. I wasn't aware of that. We'll look into that. The vax Swim subsidy. Tony from Baldivers Hi Tony, Yes, I would if I could afford it, I would go back home to Croatia and enjoy the sun and the food. Graham says, are they robbing the kids in kids sport that they can pay for? The Bears don't know, Graham, I was okay with the the bears amount bringing an NRL here and buying that license. But not a bad question from you, mate, Simon, and high Simon says Sue, I personally not having children, I played sport for my whole life. Good on you, Susan one double three eight eighty two. Love to hear from you today. Lots of thoughts on So I've come out and said, car got itch road in the shore of certain time, Gerald is a dangerous road, and Roberts says the road is not dangerous. Sign and what is dangerous is the fact that people go through stop signs and give way signs without stopping. Thank you, Robert cheers, mate. No such thing as a dangerous road, says Stephen of North Dan Lup. Hello, mate. The drivers on the road that are the danger. People stick to driving safely instead, pass on corners and everything and everything will be okay. But no dangerous roads. Such a silly statement, Stephen, car got Itch mate, thank you for corresponds. Car Gotich Road has narrowings, it has bumps, it has poor sightlines, the intersections are hard to see. It's one of the Peri urban area's business roads as well, mate, because the Tongquin Highway extension, the housing in the area. There's sand trucks, there's trucks. There's a lot going on through there on car got Itch Road, and I would politely maintain it is a dangerous road. It's what we call a high speed local road. Gary, would you get on a plane?
Speaker 16: No, simon, it's good to hear you back on the radio, mate, Thank you Gary. Mentally, I've got to readjust my brain or keep thinking it's sad day morning. No, I wouldn't get put this way off. Karl Mayland said, look, I'm going to take a fishing for wake up the broom and get some barrow. Already have to do is get on a plane. I'd just say, have a good time.
Speaker 5: Come.
Speaker 1: No planes for you, guys, No.
Speaker 16: No way in the world. Mate's it's not natural.
Speaker 1: How do they stay up? How do they get up in the air? Thanks, guess how do they get up in the air? What are those big ships? Out in gage Ros. Why don't they think? Thanks thanks Gary, covering some basic physics here on the show this morning, Car got its Road Sadly eight thirty years today morning a commuter vehicle, a passenger vehicle involved in a praying with a big truck with it. We think it was a sound truck and sadly someone has lost their life in card up on car got Itch Road yesterday. It's well known in local government circles that these roads do exist. They are high speed local roads that you can travel in excess of eighty ks now on these roads. And the shoulders aren't great, the treatments aren't great, the line markings aren't greater. Sometimes there's narrowings and little bridges and all sorts of things, and Car Gotage Road as about nine of those spots. Trish Duggan is the Deputy President of the Shire of sj joins us now High Trish.
Speaker 7: Hi Simon, thanks for the call.
Speaker 1: No worries. Sad situation, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, And firstly, our deeper sympathies to all of those that are involved in yesterday accident. Ultimately, there's a family and friend group today that are grieving a lost one and you know two people who have also been injured as well as our local you know, people our local community are the first responders. You know, they go through a lot with these sorts of accidents as well, so my thoughts go to them.
Speaker 1: I've spoken to the boss, I've spoken to Rob Coles before about Cargottage Road. It's only getting busy, isn't it. The Tonquin Highway extension, the amount of housing in the area, the amount of industry in the area is just getting busier. And the issue, the safety issue is just not going away, is it.
Speaker 7: No, it certainly isn't. Car got Itch Road has been one that's been on our radar for some time. We've just finished eight million dollars worth of eighth grades to an area of Cargottage Road. Unfortunately, that doesn't cover this intersection. The intersection of concern is on car Gottage in Gossage Road and there is plans for a roundabout to go there. That's a four point eight million dollar cost for that roundabout and looking at it as much as a priority as we can keep in mind of it to build that round about, there are all sorts of restrictions. We need to have land acquisitions there needs to be service relocations both above and below ground. We are looking at that being put in place in twenty twenty seven twenty eight financial year. Certainly, that's a long way away for those families that travel those roads every day, and for that reason, you know, we are looking at talking to main roads to see what else can be done in the short term. If there's things like rumble strips or warning signs that there's upcoming stop signs, those sorts of things that may just help to make people more aware that these intersections are there and we need to be very very cognizant of them and making sure that people are traveling on our roads safely.
Speaker 1: A Tricia, You're not the only shy that is asking for help in this area, politely asking for more money from the state. There's only something much of the shot. It is your road isn't it's a local road, but you do need some more dough from the state for roads like car God.
Speaker 7: It's right, yeah, and we're eternally grateful to the state government because not the election just gone, but the election before that, we were given eighteen million dollars towards our local roads and that has had an impact. It has had some improvement and in this last election there's been seventeen million dollars, so we look forward to working with those funds. We have got a lot of our interfections and upgrades have already been designed, they're already been planned. It's a matter now putting them in place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Tris, thanks for talking to us today. And as we say that, we were a sad day yesterday eight thirty in the morning where you know where someone who stood should still be with us is not and that's a that's a desperately sad situation. Appreciate your time today.
Speaker 7: Trish, that's a pleasure, simon.
Speaker 1: Trish Dugan and Deputy President of the Shire of sj Serpentine Jaredale. And there are you know, a lot a lot of these outer city or outer metro perry urban whatever we call them. These shires do have these types of roads. They are high speed local roads and they time and time again they figure in serious accidents and in this case of fatality, one of our listeners has said, you know that that is a dangerous intersection, the Gossage Road car Gottage Road intersection. The shire should get their asses into gear and clear the bushes and the trees away from the intersection and put in stop signs, says Rick. Yeah, good point, Rick, all of that. All of your comments are valid and legitimate, but it's just one of theo A high speed lo people can you know, drive in excess of eighty ks now on that road and it's dangerous. It's not fit for purpose, especially given the extra traffic that's heading through that area now with the housing development's industrial development. So the sand trucks in the area, big trucks which was involved in that praying yesterday, and the extensions of Tonquin Highway as well.
Speaker 17: Good Avon ah Hi Simon.
Speaker 18: On the corner of Abernathy Road and Hopkinson Road, there's a stop sign on Abernatty Road. That's the main road that runs through Byford and the highway. They have at least twice a week somebody goes through the rails there there's a crash because nobody stops at the stop sign.
Speaker 19: They all roll through.
Speaker 18: You could have a policeman sit there and he'd find every second car.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's how bad.
Speaker 18: And the next street up on the Courtor people have died there. There's two or three crosses there.
Speaker 21: The next road.
Speaker 18: There's two or three crosses over the last few years. So this is just because people do not stop at the stop signs. And the roads are terrible because they're all made for farming areas. This has used to be a farming area, so you've got acreages here and the roads are just so narrow, and the truck my god, there's one hundreds of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thanks Yvonne. Your point well made about driver behavior. We're just getting We're getting a lot of correspondence on that. People just need to pay attention to slow down, for tell, every now day now driving people crazy or driving is getting crazy. Thanks Brian Roads, you know, and I think importantly if we just take a breath, Heaven's right. These are little farming roads. They narrow, the surfaces aren't great, they don't have rumble strips. I got which road gets mentioned all the time. Moses said, need to get rid of s j Shire emergency give Armada. I'm sure that'll achieve, Moses. Thanks for your thoughts. One double three eight two four point eight million dollars for a roundabouts is Moses the same Moses. I'm assuming there's only one Moses. Too much red tape says Moses. Thanks mate, We will come back in it at just a moment. Actually, no, Jack's phone. We've managed to get hold of Jack as well. He had texted us, could.
Speaker 22: They Jack morning train? How are you mate?
Speaker 1: Good mate?
Speaker 22: Look without in car Gottage Road. I think what the government needs to do, and it's the most safest obvious logical manner in which to address this issue is that the government implement a system where anyone who uses car Gottage Road can only do so when their vehicle is limited to fifty kilometers an hour, and any vehicle capable of going faster than fifty kilometers per hour will be purchased back by the government, and all users of Cargodige Road Mush register on a government portal prior to driving on car Gottage Road. The only answer.
Speaker 1: Shane, thanks Jack, Shane. Something I think Jack's joking is me the it is a very popular and busy road. It's not our run, it's and it's a long It's a long road too, goes tom Thomas Road right through to Managohn Road, did I Ken.
Speaker 19: How are you now?
Speaker 21: As you just said it goes to Thomas Road. I used to train horses just out of the manager at Barrago, and when we're going to gloss the park, we used to go that way because the freeway in there and everything else was.
Speaker 5: Too busy.
Speaker 21: Plus there's no pops on that road and they sitting.
Speaker 5: On the hundred.
Speaker 21: We can turn one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 19: But it goes all the way to.
Speaker 23: To the back of.
Speaker 1: Ravenswood Okay Hotel near Pinjari. Yeah okay, and.
Speaker 21: So you finishes it more or less than dumb there. But that's the way we used to go going across the park, which is the seat of going up the pre way or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thanks Ken, cheers. It is a very busy road and a long road too, right, So we're not going to limit cast to fifty k's now on it because and it's a thoroughfare. It's a genuine thoroughfare. One double three eighty two. Thank you, Ken, Thanks for calling in quarters to ten back in a sec. I'd love to hear from you. Give us a call one double three eight eighty two. Our caller of the day price today is a ripper a double pass to LightScape up in Kings Park. If you're looking for a perfect date night, and who isn't We've got the tickets. So LightScape returns bigger, better, brighter there before. How about this radiant beams, ever changing color, towering flowers, giant bill blossoms, all wrapped in an immersive landscape. So there's delicious food and drinks available. Enjoy under the stars with your favorite main squeeze myld wine toasted marshmallows, adding a touch of magic to your romantic night out. Call him you can win the two tickets on the show one double, three, eight eighty two yes or no. Running a poll today, would you jump on a plane At the moment the yes are fourteen and nose of seven and they the semesis continue to come in. Mitch, stay there. Mitch wants to talk about kids sport in just a second. But Ray is in Bahrain this morning and joins us now today Ray good swim. Yeah, well I'm very well mate. What are you thinking? What are you hearing?
Speaker 23: It's pretty quiet here this morning. We were on alert seventy thirty last night, watch sirens that sort of thing.
Speaker 19: That is.
Speaker 23: I wa'ts that good bar in Bahrain. There was a lot of reports coming through that there were missiles. My wife and I went up on the roof. Were got a villa and a flat roof, so we went up on the villa and we're looking out over the coast towards I ran that couldn't see anything but a lot of flights getting diverted from Goha came into the Bahrain last night, both Goha and bar Own airports. A bit of a mess, a lot of healing people, that sort of thing that I would be appients to be on the ground, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. So when you say you're you're hearing stuff on and reading stuff on WhatsApp about what was potentially happening, but you couldn't actually see anything from where you were, not from the roof.
Speaker 23: All we could see all the planes coming right near the coast, not far from the airport, but where about I suppose one hundred k's direct line from where we lived to Doha, and we couldn't see anything in that direction, but pretty dark.
Speaker 1: On holiday ray.
Speaker 23: Now I live over here, just about to to see if the bridge is open. There's reports that I work in Saudi so that there's reports that the causeway was closed last night, So see if I can get to work this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, And how's the how's the vibe, how are you feeling?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 23: I've put my wife out. She was supposed to fly tonight to Doha, so I don't know if that's going to happen. She's going to head back to Perth. But it's it's okay over here. There's no no dramas. It's it's just a precautionary if I get caught in Saudi Lot during COVID. I was over there for over eight months and she's over here. It's it's a bit of a long period to be by yourself.
Speaker 1: And where do you ray Where do you get your best and most accurate information from? Is it from for the from the company you work for? Where where do you get the most up to date info so you know what's going on?
Speaker 23: It's it's probably the BBC, which is not always accurate as the A d C. I suppose what'sapp you know, listening the people. And then there's one guy and he's in Goa at the moment, even on his way back to back to Queensland last night and he's been on there and he was actually listening to it all happened last night.
Speaker 3: Yuh.
Speaker 23: He's right at the air boo because he's the new ad air bases right next to the airport basically, so you get it true what'sapp.
Speaker 21: And that sort of thing.
Speaker 23: Is that watch it because it's.
Speaker 1: The news here in Arabic right casting your mind back to the weekend when the US struck in Tehran and in Iran at those nuclear facilities. Were you aware of that happening then? And could you see anything then?
Speaker 23: Uh, we couldn't see anything. There's little we were aware of it. The government puts out a lot of alerts. If you've got to, you've got a barrow and prone. So my wife we were getting shoulder in place at alerts last night, through through what'sapp, through text messages and that sort of thing. So yeah, we the government does keep us up to date. Yeah, it's Look, the thing is, it's pretty calm here, but you just got to be at work, just going to make sure you're okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, my best of luck to you and your wife and your family, and I appreciate you having a chat to us today.
Speaker 23: Take care, Hey, Dramas all the best, Ben Simone.
Speaker 1: Mate Ray and Bahrain listening today. Dean Long is the CEO of the Australian Travel Industry Association joins us. Now get Aden, good to talk to you. Sorry for sorry for the delay in getting to you. Just need to have a little chat to Ray. And I guess it's it's almost a day to day proposition for travelers and for expats who are working, isn't it, Dean? What's what are you hearing and what's your advice to people listening today?
Speaker 24: Look, there's no doubt we're in a highly disrupted environment. I think it's changing, not even day to day, but it's almost hour to hour on where we're at. But I think, I think if we can just address those people that are flying out of perfect night and are worried about what's going on with their cat flights or their Emirate flights and what that looks like that if your flight is canceled, your travel agent or your airline will be in contact with you today to reorganize your trip or provide you a full cash refund. The worst thing you can do as a traveler at the moment is make contact with your agent or your airline and say I need to know what's going on or I'm trying to cancel. Don't cancel your flights. The one thing we learned through COVID, if you cancel your flights, you'll be in to your terms and conditions of what is it a credit or a refund. If an airline cancels your flight, it's a full cash refund. What we are finding though, is it's changed a lot in the last ninety minutes. The airspace is open. The first flight to land in the Doha was a flight out of Athens, so we are seeing that. But we're a long haul destination, so we are going to feel some disruptions for the next three days as some of those planes get back on to schedule and back into those routines. So keep up to date and those updates will continue to go through from your agent or the airline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've doing very good advice, make very practical and yeah, just yeah, you're right. We learned from COVID that cancelations need your cancelations are not not the way to go right.
Speaker 24: Absolutely, and that's look and I think we've got to be We've learned a lot through COVID As an aviation and travel ecosystem. We want to be there to support everybody that goes through through there. What we are hearing a lot from people is is nervousness about traveling through the Middle East and how you're going to get stuck somewhere. You can be rest assured that the safety that the airlines are putting into place, that's the number one priority. We want to get people to and from their destinations one hundred percent safe, have a great time on the ground.
Speaker 25: And get home.
Speaker 24: So people the airlines are putting safety at the top of their priority list as they always do, and what that means is is that there might be a little bit longer at at airports, so there might be a few delays. Make sure your phone is charged up, make sure you've got a few lollies and get through. And if you are traveling, just be conscious that it is a highly disrupted environment at the moment, but everyone's doing their best.
Speaker 1: Yep right, Dean, thank you for chatting to us here in Perth. Jeers mate, great to be with you. Thank you. Dean Along, the CEO of Australian Travel Industry Association. Would you jump on a plane at the moment? The yes is a sixteen, the nose are eight and a lot of correspondents still coming in but need to talk about on the show Parky will join us after ten o'clock. Early Days as a Copper trouble in Paradise, trouble out in Labourton and Parky was there at ground zero. We'll talk to Parky after ten. Lots of correspondents coming in on kids Sport, lots of correspondents coming in on car Gotage Road. We will get to that after the news. Thanks for listening in. It's three and a half minutes to ten o'clock. Now Tips is a semesters could I tips? Tips is from rock O from Rockingham. I work in construction. I drive up and down car Gottich Road at Hopkinson Road most of the day. I don't get see sick out in the boat, but I might need to start taking quells from bouncing through the chop on these on both these roads all day banks Tips, Yeah, that's the issue. Hey, the surface. A bit more correspondence on Car got Its Road, which we'll get to you after ten o'clock. Dave Parkinson will join us after ten our very popular True Detective segment. We Parky got a plate all the way through according to our listeners. Thanks for listening in. Just before we get to parking, a couple of bits of correspondence on some of our issues of this morning, particularly on car got Itch Row through the shire of Serventine and Jarondale. I've I'm of the view that it's a dangerous bit of road and some of our listeners say, well what about driver behavior? And I appreciate your thoughts. Jasper says, it's ninety on that stretch of car got Itch and like previously stated, the trees really obstruct your view. I travel through their regular andess stop and look ten times each way before going through. But I can't believe that it isn't even a stop sign, it's only a give way. I've seen so many close calls and a few crashes. There's so many semis on the road, like you said, with all the land developed around that. I've almost been hit by a semi trying to avoid an accent when someone pulled out in front of them. Had to drive off the road to avoid it, says Jasper. Thank you, Jasper, appreciate that lots lots of correspondence on this particular bit of row. Finish the Tonquin Highway extension and that will sob a few of the car Gottage Road issues, says another one of our listeners and Brandan having only driven on area south of Manajong Road. They've dropped some surrounding parallel roads to fifty, which is way too slow. So the traffic will increase on car Gottage now because the speed limit is double Thanks Brendan. And I'm saying all of this in light of the fact that there was a fatality there yesterday. And the road continues to be, in my view, continues to operate in a dangerous fashion. More traffic, more industrial development, more housing development, more traffic through the area, and the surfaces is up and down. There are a lot of narrow areas, there's a little couple little bridges, there's some stop signs, and there's vegetation which limits visibility. Will continue to stay on that. And if you have any thoughts on kids sports, so the government've dropped the kids sport voucher amount from five hundred to three hundred bucks to save twenty million dollars over four years, according to the reports in our paper today. And we know that will mean that will mean some Battler families and Battler kids will play one sport if any. It's been an incredibly successful program. One hundred and thirty thousand kids been involved since twenty eleven. It's a ripping program. It's a little bit mind boggling as to why the government will pull back on a program like this when cost of living is such an issue for battling families. Would you jump on a plane at the moment the yeses are eighteen and the nose are ten. Time for this day, Parky Parkinson, veteran detective Dignitary Protection Street Copper. All everything's joins us now high Parky.
Speaker 5: Morning, Simon, how are you? I'm very very well. Yes, I had a bit of a scale last year with the Melonimer and I just had my three monthly check up this morning and I'm all good. So the party's ready to go.
Speaker 17: Watch out, I mate.
Speaker 1: It was nineteen seventy six when you did graduate from the Mainland's Police Academy January, and then November seventy eight you find yourself out in the bush. Tell us about the work remote Warburton Rangers Aboriginal community.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, Warburton Rangers. The community back in those days was pretty basic. A stop off point obviously on the Great Central Road for travel, which was totally unsealed for travelers going through there, plus there was also a mission and indigenous community, and the significant part about that was the majority of the inhabitants were pure traditional Desert Aboriginals. They quite quite magnificent, actually, the self proclaimed desert Warriors, and none of us have argued with that, and I'm not joking because they were absolutely magnificent people. And how they survived and got on out there still boggles my mind to this day. It's just incredible. You know, us in our four worl drivers of our everything we've got, and these bands of people, you know, just keep ruskin and spear and a warmer and another and another, and they survived out there. It was just just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: So you go out in November there's been a barn and a bloke as has been stabbed parking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what happened Simon, It was about about three weeks. I got married on the sixteenth of December, so it was about I was just reminded by the boss then that it was two weeks before we got married. What happened there was at the community a bit of a fight between two fellas and one got stabbed behind the knee with the starf ticket and it caused a major trauam or two. He he bled out and died and the body was transferred to the local hospital. Now keep in mind there was no police out there. There was just a remote facility with administrators, nurses and a small first aid post, plus a couple of school teachers. And what happened is that after a couple of hours the body was stolen from the hospital by group of elders. And I think that is because this person was a very respected elder himself, and I would be absolutely completely untrue to say that I understood the traditions as to why. But obviously police were contacted in Laborton and they made contact with the community and they were told quite bluntly that no police were allowed out there and that if there was any attempt by police to recover the body, we were police attending police would be in very very serious trouble. And there were significant death threats. So that caused a major quandary for the district superintendent in cal Gurley and ourselves.
Speaker 1: So that ye, after a couple of days you go, you and a few others go up there.
Speaker 5: Well we did. They send a detective senior sergeant up from Perth and myself and another detective from Kalgouley and keep in mind, on my ear the academy for probably just under two years, and the way we go when we get to Warburton Rangers at about midnight and we'll put in the compound overnight, ig at up about four o'clock in the morning, just to have a bit of a look, and was confronted with about forty to fifty armed Desert warriors as it were, and they were very very angry about the fact that we were there.
Speaker 1: So they're mainly trying to stop you from finding the body, are they?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were. They had no issues with us looking for the offender. They had no problem because this guy wasn't from me, he was from the Blackstone Range community. They had no issues there. But we were very, very bluntly told to stay away.
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 5: Their secret men's business and that we would be desecrating all their traditions and they were prepared to fight to the hilt for that.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: So it was you know, I must say, you know, sometimes I see ad a bit blase on your show and others, but scared is not the word. But they're extremely apprehensive and quite simply if an old casion that happens on them, Well, we would not have we would not have got out of that very well at all. Yeah, you're in strife. We're in strite, mate.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you've got a little team there. You're in the compound and you've got thirty or forty fellas angry and menacing. But you sort of were able to proplicate the elders at the time. And still you've got this issue if you're looking for a body and an offender.
Speaker 5: Exactly right on. So what we did were told of the offender had headed up towards the Blackstone Rangers. So Detective Senior Sergeant Bob Gray. Sadly Bobby passed away a few years back. He was very consolable because me being the junior kid there, you would have thought that my thoughts meant nothing, But I had the specific bush craft and whatever, and plus I could converse a little bit. So we actually told the elders at this point in time that we want to be offender. So we headed off towards the Blackstone Ranges and yeah, everything could go wrong did go wrong. We're driving along and I said to the said to the other two guys, I said, mate, we're going to look for the high ground and I said, I said, why is that? And I said, we'll have a look up ahead. And it was like the opening scene of a Harry Potter movie, you know, just thunder lightning and clouds coming towards them. It was well, it was too mate, because out there there's just no in between, you know. And we were fortunate again that I'd provisioned the vehicle so I was always had plenty of water, not that we needed, but there food and whatever. So we got the high ground and by boy, it just absolutely bucketed down and we were stranded on this ridge for about twenty four to thirty hours in the two way radio quite communications now just very hopeless. So yeah, yeah we were there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Parky, will take a break. We'll come back and find out how this ends, because it involves, yes, you had those bush skills which you had picked up prior to being in the police, but also some of your famous negotiation skills were required. We'll come back and find out how this all ended. Parking and his mates are looking for an offender and they're looking for a body out into in the remote Woman Ranger stay listening. Chat continues with Parky with Dave Parkinson's nineteen seventy eight park He's out in the bush with a little team. They are chase looking for a body, and they're looking for an offender, and there's a fair bit going on, and as only park he can, he starts talking to the locals and one thing leads to another. Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what happened, Simon, It was pretty good. Actually, there's a young fella there that I knew reasonably well, and I eventually got him around to not actually telling me where the body was, but pointing back down the Haverton Road, and he just said that way and took off. So what we did is we because we'd come in at dark, we hadn't seen any tracks off the side of the main road. So I said to the guys, look, let's head out there and see what we can see. So we went out about twenty thirty k's. We're in some real sandhill country and I noticed some vehicle tracks heading off into the sand hills. So we decided that there's too dangerous to take the vehicle in. We didn't know it was there, so I said that I would go in and see what I could find. So basically I walked on top of spin effects and whatever, so I wouldn't leave any tracks. And after about three ks I come to a mold of clearing and there was obviously obviously a grave. There was a big mounds of spin effects that have been dug up, and there were symbols and whatever on there. So I went back and said to the two guys, look, I'm very confident I found it. So the boss Bob said, right, let's head back to Warburton and we'll just pretend that nothing's happening, which we did, even organized a plane to come to Warburton. Now, keeping mind slim, and this is groundbreaking, this is stuff that's never been done before. What happened is that we managed to convince a local GP in Calgoley to hop on the plane with another detective sergeant and they landed at Warburton. We made the pretext of packing up and heading back to cal Goley, and away we went.
Speaker 1: And so you still don't want the local bloods to know you found it.
Speaker 5: No way, We've been warned before the young fellow told me which way to go. We've been warned there was and these people had firearms on them in the vehicles and they made a big display of having them, so you know, it was it was a serious series threat. So anyhow, what happened when I left the guys to the grave site. The boss said, look, mate, we've got to We've got to get the deceased out of that grave. So that was my job, and it was interesting the way things were done. The grave was dug and the body was placed in grave and then they packed it like a wall bar with spin efects because part of their tradition is that after twelve months, the kadachi men or the medicine men, they dig the body up again and examine and they rebury it in the traditional way.
Speaker 17: Yeah okay, so yeah it's end.
Speaker 5: This made me senses with a lot of people, but you know, as it was, this is how it happened in those days and had to be done for a successful prosecution.
Speaker 1: So so and it's still it's a scene of a crime and you're you're there, but you still don't want the locals to know you're there, So you're you're there packing your backs that these guys are going to come out and find you because you're still outnumbered and they still got the guns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we actually had one guy on. You know, there's a bit of a sent hill there on there to look for dust and vehicle sounds and whatever. So anyhow, it was about seven foot deep the hole and by the time I got to the bottom, I'm in the hole and I'm six foot one, and I managed to lift this poor fellow out and they helped me out of the grave, and then the doctor did a grave side post mortem which we photographed and took evidence, and then I must distressed in everyone up there. It was done very respectively. It was you know, it was not taken lightly and respect great respect was played to the deceased. I then wrapped him up and we loaded him down the hole and placed him exactly as he was, and then we tend to spinifects down and we managed to and get back to Warburt and drop the two guys off, the doctor and Bob Gray and another sorry three and then we took off to Laborton, And from Laborton we were told that they discovered that we had interfered with the with the grave and it got very very heir in labor and for a few days after that, but many to get back ABC Radio. Mate, year you've got all A B C. Obviously he knew something we was going on, spoke at the administrator and basically the ministrator out there looking for the body now. And because these desert warriors are remote, they loved listening to the A B C. Out there back in those days because I think from Ford or six was the Country and Western House, so they loved that and there it comes on the news. But so we were lucky we managed to get into lay it and there was a bit of trouble there, but we got back to Calgurley. Then a couple of weeks later the offender he was aprehended in the Northern Territory and Bob Gray Flute of Northern Territory and extradided him back to w A. He was charged with murder. And the interesting thing was Simon. So I don't think this has happened before. An apologies to those out there if it has our evidence, because we filmed it. And when I say film, no talking about a box brownie and apollaroid, but not talking about the technology we have now. But we filmed every bit from the time I started begging, the time I got down to the bottom, the way the body was brought out laid out how the investigation was conducted by the doctor and how its placed back and everything like that. And the good part it was accepted even by the defense vs. The abridge on police, sorry, the aborige and all legal service accepted that evidence. And you know, we were complimented for the way we did our business here because I mean, that's very easy. It's very easy to you know, to not treat that particular scene with the respect as dun.
Speaker 1: Was there any and I think any reprisals, recurronations around the cultural stuff parking.
Speaker 5: And there was a bit simon. There was a little bit because what happened for those who will remember three years before, in late December seventy four early January seventy five, there was a massive big let's call it a Blue parties terms in labor and at Skull Creek, which resulted in the Royal Commission, and both sides of both sides, police government and indigenous side didn't come out of it too well. And there's a number of reasons for that. There's understanding, there's customs, the bane and the destruction of the communities set out there alcohol, then petrol and then glue. So we went out there only less than three years after all that unrest and whatever, and I must pay tribute to the coppers in remote areas like Labor and Leonora, Halls Creek, Pitstroy, all these places back in those days. That was by the seeding of pants stuff and that was the decline in my view. I'll probably get a lot of arguments over that. That was the decline of some of these magnificent people out in those communities and towns where the demon drink and the as I said, the glue sticking, and particularly at Warburton petrol snipping. We lost a lot of good young desert warriors out the through that over the years. So yeah, there were reprisals. There were reprisals, mate, and it was a very very very interesting and probably yeah, it'll never happen again due to technology. It happened then and it was a very very very trying time.
Speaker 1: I continue, Big four days, Big four days in the light Labor.
Speaker 5: It was. It was, yeah, it was. Even my wife's wife is the other day. You know, I don't know if she's joking or not. She said, you know, they should have left your forty eight years she said. Sometimes she said, what if I always had these What if I thought I was a decent black, but I thought I had married.
Speaker 1: In that whole.
Speaker 5: That's right, you know. You know something said in jest.
Speaker 23: Yes.
Speaker 1: All that's yeah, Jesus, that's it says a bit about Galen about you, I think. Hey, mate, thanks for the chat, look forward to changing as always fascinating, amazing at a different time and well dome to you mate, Thank you for coming on today. Thanks for True Detective today.
Speaker 5: Thanks mate, See mate.
Speaker 1: They pargains and in the bottom of a hole, yeah, you know, sort of not letting the locals know that they were there, but following through with what was then accepted police procedures of the day. Amazing. He's amazing, Blake, isn't he. He'll be back in a fortnight's time with True Detective. Thanks for listening and it is help us ten exactly, just gone holp us ten. Thanks for listening to us today. Denise's are glued to listening to this interesting talk. Up for keeping the ten with me and I'm sure many others. Thanks Denise, and if you have attention issues, Denise. But he's pretty interesting, isn't it, isn't he? One double three at two is the phone number. We'll come back in just a moment. Thanks for your thoughts on the kids, sport vouchers, car Gottitch Road, of the situation in the Middle East. We're keeping a tally would you jump on a plane right now? The yeses are eighteen, the knows are twelve. Just to let you know, Minister Safiote was out and about today's schedule to address the media with the WWE event come up at eight thirty at Crown, but she has canceled the press conference today. We're not completely sure why. Twenty nine minutes to eleven. We spoke about containers for change and recycling the other day and as part of that chat we've become aware there's a massive tire recycling facility north of Perth. Stay listening.
Speaker 15: Report of a street light down Tonkin Highway northbound up to q Dol Road in qut Our. The left Liane has been closed by police at this time in the ambulance is there.
Speaker 12: Traffic is heavy on approach.
Speaker 15: Exercise extreme caution if traveling through the area and as reported earlier, still dealing with this crash. Grady's in the Highway west bounder Darlington Road in Darlington. The leftlane has been closed by the Incident Response Team, Emergency services on site and.
Speaker 12: Traffic very heavy on approach back to Scott Street. I'm seb Clok on Perth Traffic Leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Talked about product stewardship on the show last week. When we're talking about containers for change, A lot of our listeners do use a C for sea. They love it win win for families, kids, charities and for the environment. And one of the chats we had in there was about product stewardships, So things like mattresses, tires, lithium batches and the like, should we pay a bit more for them at point of sale so they're properly recycled the end of life, we'll go to a major tie of reciting facility in person North. In just a moment on the show, one double three E two is our phone number, Mitch, Kids Sport, What do you think?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 26: Buy just annoys me because you know we need kids to play sport and get off their devices and stuff. And we've got the Bullbrook Place up there with five hundred beds sitting there empty and they just throw money into that to maintain it. And then we're going to get money to have kids run around doing what they want to do, you know, and parents are struggling. It just dis annoys me.
Speaker 1: Essel about the priority of government spending Mitch.
Speaker 26: Yeah, absolutely, man. I mean, like you know that thing sitting up there with five hundred beds and now I was living in up We got homeless, We got all this, and I think it's costen was at thirty thousand dollars a day or a week or something like that to maintainer with security, ours and that. And then but you know, in fifteen twenty years time, you know, if kids playing sport whatever else because parents can't afford it. You know, where do IFL players come from? Where do our soccer players come from? You know what I mean? And it's great for kids. You know when you drive bass and see all these kids out there doing ice kick and all this other stuff, that's fantastic to see. You know. Yeah, the government spending just me just just annoys me.
Speaker 5: Like you know, obviously with the.
Speaker 26: Roads and you know there's well known boies. Yeah, you know that that thing sitting up there like a ghost town. It just just frustrating, and you know, we want wanted kids to play sport and whatever else. And you know obesity and all that sort of stuff, and then there's money at that thing.
Speaker 1: It is mystifying mate, no doubt. It's an incredibly successful program, has been around since twenty eleven and it's it is And yeah, it's not a it's not a great look. I've got to say after the after the budget, when we've got a net debt but an operating surplus. Thanks Mitch in the running for quarter that I really appreciate your time. As I say, we spoke about product stewardship and tires. Luck came into the conversation last week. I had no idea there's a major tire recycling state of the artifacility up at Nearer Buppet's part of the Wider Committee group Lee Committee, as a managing director at CTS Tire Recycling joins us.
Speaker 17: Now, good a Lee Simon, how are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good mate. So this was a fact. This was just a tire business, wasn't It started at eighty four supplier of tires. But over the years you've turned your mind to recycling, particularly for major fleet vehicles.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 27: Look, our story started. We used to once upon a time import tires in the early eighties and as time has transpired, we've gone from selling tires to supplying them, repairing them and servicing them throughout their life, and more recently the natural progression has been to recite those ties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. Hey, so with the and I guess it's a it's a there's no shortage of tires that need to be either recycled or properly recycled so that don't en up in landfill.
Speaker 27: I guess absolutely. I think as a society we probably need to look again at what we actually think is waste, and often within those within those years tires, there's a commodity that we can recycle and reuse. And in our case, we're going to start re manufacturing some rubber products from those years tires and giving them a second and third life.
Speaker 1: Have you got capacity there, Lee? How big is your place?
Speaker 27: We've got a fairly large scale site. We can process up to sixty thousand tons of end of life tires, which is quite a material amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over what period?
Speaker 27: Well that's sort of our annual nameplace capacity.
Speaker 1: In sixty thousand? Wow? Is it every day tires? Like I've gone mine? Monda or are you talking to a big hallpack North?
Speaker 27: We're really fortunate. We've taken some of our learning from from the tire industry and apply them to this project. We can recycle all sized tires from your small lawn and garden tires right through to the world's largest sixty three inch rim diamond of mining ties that we've see in the mind sights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's incredible. Is it a what's the sort of the process itself? How does it work? Is it? Is it labor intensive, power intensative intensive? How does that? What does it actually look like on site?
Speaker 27: Well, we have we have effectively a shredding operation where we shred the tires down and get to a to a powder, a granulate that we use for other products and gets.
Speaker 5: Used in some.
Speaker 27: Road reservice and ash fhalt applications, or we make it into some high value matting and acoustic underlay and things like that, and we extract the steel which gets immediately recycled and reused high tensile steel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well, I am aware that it is used in road services because I've had a bit of local governments. Is it called crumb crumbed?
Speaker 27: Yeah, crumb or granulate gets gets mixed in with the ashphalt and as a bit of a binder substitute and then gets either sprayed or laid on the roads. Yes, there's the top coat provides a better, longer lasting product and it's better rope. That's good use of.
Speaker 1: The product for sure. And playgrounds and the like as well.
Speaker 27: Yeah, playground soft full flooring, some sort of equine surfacing, gym matting, acoustic underlay matting. Yeah, a whole range of of products that were once made out of virgin rubber can now be made out of out of recycle types.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's cool. Talking to Lee Committee, managing director of CTS Tire Recycling. They're up up in nearby Lee. Is it there other facilities like yours around? Is yours a bit of a pioneer set up? Pioneering?
Speaker 27: Look, we've got some other other friends in the industry, but we're the only people that can that can manufacture and actually turn that commodity into something in Perth and made in Western Australia, which is quite exciting when a very unique physician there to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. How are you funded? So the people who provide the ties to you pay a fee and then the people who buy product off, you would pay a price for that. Is there any government funding coming in from the feeds of the state.
Speaker 27: Yeah, that's right, Simon. We've been very fortunate that we've had two rounds of grant funding from the state and federal governments Recycling Modernization Fund which has been very helpful, and the w A state government have been hugely supportive in our project. But in order to be viable, yes, there is a cost associated with disposal of the waste time, and then obviously we make some products that have some values for resale at the other.
Speaker 1: End, Lee, what are you? Are you an engineer or a chemist? What's your background?
Speaker 5: I'm neither of those.
Speaker 1: I'm a businessman.
Speaker 27: Unfortunately, I'm a tie guy that's managed to get into a bit of business management and having a go at changing the world here.
Speaker 1: So we all need a tie guy in our life or a tie girl in our life. Lead, no doubt about it. Amazing that this is in operation and I didn't know about it. What did you think? What do you think of this notion? Leader? I just us at a basic level last week. So Mattress's tires, Lithium batchies, for example, are often products that local government talk about you know, you need to pay a bit more for them at life, at point of sale when you first buy them so they can be recycled properly. What do you think of that notion of products stewardship.
Speaker 27: Well, Simon, that's very very interesting from our point of view, or everyone's point of view. Largely, the consumers are doing the right thing. We've got mums and dads and families that are paying for tire recycling as part of their tire replacement cost if you like, it's embedded in the cost. We've got collection and recovery rates that are very high, in the high ninety percent. We're doing a wonderful job. Everybody's doing the right thing there, and I think that's something we should be proud of. But in the larger off the road and OTR tithes that we see used in agriculture, on the mining sectors, those recovery rates are fairly poor. We're sort of in the sort of low double digits in terms of recovery those resources, which which is where there's an opportunity for us to do better. There's thousands of those ties getting buried in pits or on the side of farms and and yeah, there's no, there's no there's no requirements for some of those miners and agricultural people to necessarily do the right thing. No one's being forced to recycle those ties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well slowly changing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no idea, hay Lee, Really good to talk to you. Thanks, makee good luck with it. What's the so if my tie guys they would be they would know about you, and my ties could end up at your joint.
Speaker 27: Absolutely we look forward to giving them a second life and turning them into something else.
Speaker 1: On it a road or a playground.
Speaker 27: Absolutely sporting field moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, thanks Lee, Really good to chat here.
Speaker 27: Cheers, Thanks Simon, take care.
Speaker 1: Mate, Lee. Comedy tie guy turned businessman. And that's up in nearerbup And they're recycling passenger vehicle tires, turning them into road services, acoustic underlay, lots of different uses for them, which is cool, state and federally supported, but still a long way to go with the OTR, the big mining trucks, the big farm trucks, the big trucks in general. Interesting, Hey, sixteen minutes to eleven, Lee, Comedti Managing director CTS Tie recycling back in a moment. Happy to take your thoughts, would you So there is a cost associated with your tires when you buy new tires. The tire recycling is building to the price. Wonder if we need that for mattresses. A lot of mattresses dumped around the joint and they aren't there in colder sacks and pine plantations and by the side of the road. What if we need product stewardship for those. You can dump your or drop your lithium batteries in your PlayStation console or your vape or whatever it is at IGA's woolies and Coal's I'm pretty sure so those those outlets are there, but you do a lot of those do get chucked into bins and they of course then end up in the back of rubbish trucks and that's why we see one rubbish truck fire a week in Australia. Stay listening fifteen to eleven. Rick says, Simon is Lee from CTS related to Dennis Lee Committee. Rick correct, he is related to Dennis Committee. Terry from forest Field says, Hey, Simon, you didn't know. You say you didn't know about that tire recycling vacility. You need to get out a bit more. Terry, I do I don't know near about that. Well, Terry Nearer up say a bit of a mystery to me and some other anonymous correspondences. There are other words than wow to express oneself. Thank you for your help. Wow, wow we unreal bonds are ripper, Thanks anonymous person. I wonder put your name on stuff, mate, Jeff funding about tires? Can I Jeff?
Speaker 8: What simon?
Speaker 19: Here go mate?
Speaker 1: Good mate tires?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 28: Good just comment mate? Yeah, Lee, what are an intelligence blake?
Speaker 26: That is?
Speaker 28: And well done Lee for what.
Speaker 5: You're doing for the environment.
Speaker 28: Fantastic. Just wondering if you mentioned how long it took for a tie to break down and landfill? Happy years? Not too sure, but my dad used to turn him inside out back of the day with the rib on them and make hop plan holders out of them.
Speaker 5: Anyone remembers that.
Speaker 28: It's colorful hop plant holders. Yeah, and they lasted for years, but they're still lasting.
Speaker 1: That's twenty years ago, you know, yeah, going, well, how long has the Springfield ti fi have been going for in the Simpsons? That's like, yeah, thirty years, thirty years?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you Jeff? Well, I mate, Yeah, I had no idea and I am very aware that there's there's been a push to try and you know, for all of us to pay a little bit more for a mattress or something that's got a lithium battery in it, or pay a bit more for a tie. And it sounds like the type that has been done with ty. It's called product stewardship. So Iran's foreign minister has spoken earlier this morning. It says Tayram will stop its attacks if Israel stops its air strikes by four am local time. So this is from the Iranian Foreign Minister, Abbas Aragchi. So this is the first official remarks by Iran. This is on the back of President Donald Trump claiming a ceasefire between Iran and Israel. So this was on X on Twitter a little bit earlier this morning, and Abbas Aragchi, the Iranian Foreign Minister, says, as of now, there is no agreement on any ceasefire or cessation of military operations. Mister Aragachi has written, provided the Israeli regime stops his illegal aggression against the Uranian people, we have no intention to continue our response afterwards, So mister Trumps, and it's quite a lengthy missive on X from Donald Trump, and as we said earlier this morning, reading to that what you will, but the Uranians are saying as of now there is no agreement on any cease fire or cessation of military operations. The Prime Minister of Australia spoke to Kieran Gilbert from Sky News earlier this hour. He's on the Middle East ceasefire and the latest advice to Australians traveling overseas.
Speaker 29: What we hope is that a more secure position, a cease fire will ensure that people don't fail the need to get to safety. In addition to that, there's been major disruption of commercial airlines because of what has happened in Qatar, but also disruption to international aviation including not just the Middle Eastern hubs but also quant has been impacted by this as well. So we say to people log on too, smart traveler onto the Australian site to make sure safety, of course is the number one priority. So airlines quite rightly are taking a precautionary approach.
Speaker 12: And the national terror threat level is that under review.
Speaker 1: Well, even we're here this talk about sleeper cells in the US, is this something you'll bringing on.
Speaker 29: It is constantly monitored, but there's been no change in the national security alert. We continue to have our national security agencies to monitor the situation.
Speaker 1: Bry Mister Anthony Alberanzi speaking to Kieran Gilbert from Sky News earlier this hour, would you yes, no poull today? Would you jump on a plane at the moment particularly was heading through the area of the Middle East. The yes is twenty eight and the nose are eighteen. Thanks for listening in today. We're It's a story we've covered a fair few times here on the on the on the station, and here on the on this program and on other programs that I've worked on. You know, the story about the Victim VET came Doctor k Macintosh's VET rooms were targeted by the vegan activists Tash Peterson. The latest development is doctor Kay after Tash Peterson was declared herself bankrupt. Now that might be the situation for Kay herself. So Tash Peterson and her gang, the people that support her, are they the gift that keep on bringing They try to bring the Victim VET Center to its knees And unfortunately that may be the situation. I can't believe it. Actually, it's yeah. We'll speak to Kay's dad after eleven o'clock today. This is no good. Tash has continually gone after this. This is a vet clinic. This is a vet clinic looks after sink, animals and people's pets. Tash lives in the area. She's seen it, She's decided to target it. Film it. Kay was successful in filing for defamation, declares herself bankrupt, but her gang continue to target the vet by putting in false bookings, fake bookings not turning up, and continue to provide bad reviews for them. So a little vet center family business in Bicten is about to close down because of that stupid woman. We'll come back in just a moment. Five minutes to eleven, Brian has contacted us from the Honeymoon suburb of Perth Hammersley. Brian says, the scrapping of five hundred bucks to three hundred bucks the kids sports scrap. I've contacted missus Staffiordi about this. A member for freopathetic response or justification. Brendan's weighed on my inability to understand things. Brendan says, don't know northp currently don't go south either, Rolls not buns, labor and liberal stooge. How good are you Shane love it. That's pretty good. Brendan, cheers mate. This one from SOF Hello, Sof just traveled from Nice in France to Jubai to Perth yesterday, total chaos in Nice, flights delayed, Cancil. Feel lucky to get back well and so welcome back. I'll be going all right. Coming up on the show after eleven o'clock. The Victim Vet Clinic is still struggling, is still struggling financially after Tash Peterson turned the cross Heirs on the Center a couple of years ago. So Tash is to skip, declared to sell bankrupt and as a result came Macintosh is now is still really struggling if you live in the area. If you live in Picton Palmyra Melville added as apple Cross, you might already have a vet that you were ten down that way. There are quite a few of them. But why not give the big Convet Clinic a try because they are struggling, They've been targeted fake bookings, spad reviews, or because Tash drove pass one day and saw something you didn't like. One double three eighty two is the phone number. This one from Joe good Ah, Joe just driving on the Freeway south between Hepburn and Reed. Notice the council will just spraying the entire side of the freeway in pink glight. So fated. I was still using this answerus chemical in twenty twenty five. Once the west leeds will blow in straight into all these homes, Joe, I don't know that it's the use of its band, is it make and buy it at Bunnings and buy it for the household and Bunnings to kill your weeze. I don't know that it's banned, mate, appreciate your thoughts, so you might have some other listeners might have some thoughts on that as well. Coming up to eleven o'clock. I'm Simon Beaumont is Perth today. Just had some correspondence from one of our listeners concerned worried that round up was being used on the side of the freeway to reduce vegetation and weeds. Glypho Sate just checking its status with some councils. No local council in Wa has ever completely permanently banned the use of glyphos sate. However, a couple of three councils of implemented restriction City South Perth. They don't like glycy sate being used around parks and playgrounds. Town of basandeine certain applications and they use steam weeding in Basso, especially around sites like schools and childcare center. I think some of the riverside suburbs don't use glyco Glypho sate and the City of Vincent continues to use it for we control cost considerations and it's effective. Right, So Glohy state is very effective. So thanks Joe for your thoughts. Mate, I appreciate that one double three a eighty two. Would you jump on a plane at the moment, Donald Trump, the commander in chief, is saying, look, there's a twelve hour ceasefire, and the arrangings are saying, well, that's news to us. There's no cessation of hostilities as far as we're concerned until X, Y and Z happens. So it's a Donald Trump imposed ceasefire or narrated ceasefire, but it might not necessarily be a fact. Would you hop jump on a plane at the moment the yes, the thirty and the nose in nineteen we've spoken about this a number of times with Dr K Macintosh. He's the owner operator the chief vet at the Bigdom vet clinic targeted by Tash Peterson and friends. A while back, Doctor Kay engaged a lawyer and sued Tash for defamation because they filmed their activities in the vet center awarded I think it was three hundred thousand dollars in the courts. Tash then declared her self bankrupt, so no access to the money, and now doctor Kay and the victim vet clinic continue to struggle financially. David Macintosh is the father of k and joins me now, Hi, David.
Speaker 5: Hi both thanks, no worries.
Speaker 1: It's not great for Kay and the team, is it?
Speaker 19: Unfortunately no, and it's getting worse because every time she has to appear in court, the fund, the fees go up to the lawyers and no money forthcoming. I need to collect her there as well. Cash Peterson and Higgs did not bank up themselves. Ka actually have to go to court to bank rup them.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, yep, yep, Sure I get the sequence there, Dave. On the bottom line, the outcome there is is Kay will struggle to get money from Peterson and Higgs.
Speaker 19: Well, the trustees have been checking it and so far it looks like all those rush accounts that were there during the trial have suddenly gone back to the U yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is and we need to be a little bit careful about how we describe that. But we you know, we were aware from earlier reporting that she did have revenue sources and income sources. So we're not quite sure what has happened there, David, in the absence of not being able to speak to Ka today, how is the clinic going? I was aware and talked to her last time she'd been targeted, fake bookings, people not turning up bad reviews from Tasha's crew. Is that still happening? Do you know?
Speaker 19: There are some bad reviews that appear from there there every now and then. She seems to be doing well at the moment and meeting her targets financially, but this debt that she's now got with the lawyers is really sitting on her. It's fast approaching half a million dollar dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know, Tash Tash and the crew moving mysterious ways, don't they, David. This has been unrelenting your tax on you know, a neighborhood, that clinic, which is a you know, let's go back to that that's the that's the most gaoling a small neighborhood.
Speaker 19: That clinic owner operated with one extra bed there and they just can't afford to have an overhead of half a million dollars there.
Speaker 1: David, if you had your time again, and if Kay had her time again, which she may be, not take action against Tash and he didn't.
Speaker 19: Want to in the first place. She was basically persuaded as to do so, right by who, by her former husband.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So that's that's another another part of the of the issue, isn't it?
Speaker 19: It is unfortunately is here?
Speaker 1: David? I mean, I know you reached out to the program you can keen to get more coverage of this issue, and we have always done our part where we could. It's a yes, it's an awful situation. I used to live close to that vet clinic mate, and I know the area really well. It's you know, she's just driven past it and seen some cash and seeing something she didn't like and come back the next day and started yelling and carrying on.
Speaker 19: Hey, she did carry on like a poor pie.
Speaker 1: Is it? What can we do?
Speaker 5: David?
Speaker 1: Part of the broadcasting arrangements with us is we can't actively source any crowdfunding or any of that kind of thing, But what what can our listeners do and what can you know, what can we do? What can the community do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 19: Personally, I would like to see someone like the current affair get hold of the issue. I mean, it's it's not just Kase that's effective. There two or three other people who are going through similar actions at the moment, and they're going to end up exactly the same that Peterson is going to get away with this time and time again, and the people that have taken a court are missing out. The only ones benefiting seemed to be the lawyers.
Speaker 1: There's no option for Kay's lawyers to reduce the cost.
Speaker 19: Well, we're hoping that's going to happen that even so, it's still a lot of money that she's looking at. I mean, she was awarded three hundred and twenty eight thousand dollars and that barely covered the costs at that date. It's going to be worse now because there's been fees since that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, David, sounds like it's a bit going on there in the shop. So I'll let you go just in case, but we will stay on. We will stay on a David, thank you for staying in contact with us. If anyone has any ideas. I have got a little bit of correspondence coming through in our text line. You know, people live in the area, soy, we'll take our pets over there and try and support the business and that that might be one way to help her through.
Speaker 5: Hey, that is one way.
Speaker 19: But I would just hope that there be someone out there that he might be able to help Ka financially. Even a smaller amount would help because she is struggling to keep the business on a float and it's only going to get worse as the fees go up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, David, thank you for looking after and thanks for chatting to us on six PR. Dave's gone. Dave's gone. He's gone, hasn'ty, Jimmy, he's gone yet? Yeah, all right, David Macintosh. So Dave doesn't live in Perth. Thesek's dad. He's in regular contact with us here at the program, So you know, it's all right, it's fair and reasonable proper to have a chat about, you know, about some of the issues that task goes on about about the amount of meat we eat and how we you know, how we get to consume meat. What we do with the animals themselves, how we look after them, and we disposed of them, such, we do such, we do eat meat products. But it's not okay to target a small vet. It's not okay to target small business and you know, bring them to their knees. So so a legal action that now sees legal bills around five hundred grand. It is the major defamation lawyer in our town, of the very famous one, and he and his team rightfully have have run up some bills and some costs.
Speaker 30: You know.
Speaker 1: That's that's the way, isn't it. That's that's the business of running a defamation legal firm. Small businesses continue to struggle with Peterson, forcing their financially in the hound in the courts, despite having defamation wins. It's quarter past eleven. Thanks for listening in. That's very frustrating, isn't it Just keeps getting away with it somehow continues to be able to make a living doing what she does. But he's able to get a get away with not paying defamation costs. Credible, isn't it? Fifteen and a half minutes past eleven. I'm Simon Beaumont, would you jump on a plane at the moment. The yeses are thirty in the nose of nineteen. Thanks for listening, David from Como says Hi Simon, how can we save the BIGDM vet Clinic? Can all the listeners move all their pets to them? I will, I got a vet. I go to a vet in South Perth, but we'll move. Maybe we have a code so everybody knows the bookings are legitimate. Thanks Dave. That's nice if you made it. Yeh. Look, it's entirely up to you, of course. But up on the hill there in Bigton where the BIGDOM Vet Center is, there's a nice little it used to be nice cafe there called Little Stove. Yeah, it's Kay and another VET and a little team that'll operate out of that nice little family and family business one double three A eighty two. Would you jump on a plane at the moment? The yeses are thirty one the nos in nineteen kid A.
Speaker 31: Sue Hi sonon, Hello, se, how are you sorry?
Speaker 1: Very well?
Speaker 32: Just bringing up about the kids sport. Personally, I don't have any children, but you know, from someone who's played sport my whole life, it just infuriates me that they're trying to save twenty million dollars by cutting SI sport to so many kids that are vulnerable when over the if they look over the course of the next five to ten years, when they don't have access to sport, the amount they're going to have to spend on their mental health due to just sitting on their phones and scrolling social media just astounds me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems that simple, doesn't it, Sue. It's that we know the trade off. If you played sport all your life, you know what it does for your health, your mental health, all of that keeps you out of hospital, all of that. And yet it's a mysterious decision, this one, isn't it.
Speaker 32: It is beyond you know, it's just not fathomable. Don't understand. And Rita herself, she's got kids, so you think of someone who loves sport as much as she does, you'd be encouraging every single opportunity possible, you know. Personally, I just think all sports should be accessible.
Speaker 1: So what what sport are you playing?
Speaker 32: Still was iron Man for years, but just cycling these days.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so not all not all kids sports are kids sport kids go on to be stars, but they do play community sport. But there's a good there's a player who plays for the West Coast Fever, for the netball team, a gun netball team Sunday, a Yang Sundays. She plays in Australian Diamonds. She plays for Australia. She's played thirty she got thirty four test gaps. She is a kid sport kid. Yes, so she went Midvale, didn't have battler family. She plays for the Fever and plays for Australia. And she wouldn't have if it wasn't for kid sport.
Speaker 32: You're right, And as say, not all of them will end up in her position, but imagine where she potentially could have ended up without that opportunity. Yeah, yeah too, right, So yeah, what makes interior?
Speaker 1: Yeah me too, thanks Sue. It's a it's a baffling decision, it really is. So from a treasurer who understands community sport, it has been, you know, up to date, a pretty good minister. We we might replay either some of Dave Templeman's comments from August of last year when he was cocker hoop about making the amount. So this is about the kids Sport voucher amount reducing from five hundred to three hundred, and what the government is saying is that will save US twenty million dollars over five years. You know, and there are other cost of living measures we are using. But that's not a lot of dough. That's not a lot of dough. Now we know the lot and I am okay with the NRL license sixty five million dollars over six years. But it does it's hard not to draw a comparison between one and the other, isn't it one double three eighty two. We'll get there, we'll go to the stock marketing. Just a moment with Owen Claire. I just wanted to invite Sean Lindsey into the studio, our executive producer today. Short, I'm nervous today. I know we're all going to well, I've been in your situation. So Seawan's going through. Shawn has made a career choice coming up in about a month or so, and we support him in all of that because he wants to try something different. So Mama, we're going to lose him and Anna around about the same time. But having said that, it's meant that you have to watch your pennies.
Speaker 23: I have.
Speaker 33: I've had to make some financial decisions, and one of those is moving back in with mum and dad. Moving back in with Mum and Dad and Mom. I know Mom especially loves listening to the program. She loves you, so I know that she'll be listening now.
Speaker 1: Mom. Actually I'm the new roommate.
Speaker 33: I'm the new cool, young hip roommate that's moved into to join.
Speaker 1: Him on all right, And I'm glad your mum is listening because we've managed to get her over from another radio station. It does remind me of George Costanza A little bit of this here.
Speaker 5: I made some bologney sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Baloney, nobody eats bologny anymore.
Speaker 34: What are you talking about?
Speaker 26: Have a sandwich? Stop it?
Speaker 34: You don't want one?
Speaker 1: Claimer, no thanks.
Speaker 34: I think you're all a little touched in the head.
Speaker 35: I'm so worried about your health, your young men.
Speaker 12: I really don't need it.
Speaker 34: What am I going to do with all these sandwiches?
Speaker 1: Missus Constanza? So now, and I know your mummy is listening, so I'm on notice here as well. What time did you attempt to have dinner last night?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 33: Yes, so we have a few I wouldn't call them arguments, per se. It doesn't get to that stage. But i'd certainly question her as to the time of dinner. She said, I'm cooking. I'm going to cook dinner. It's going to be lovely spaghetti bolonnaise, which is amazing. She'd put some garlict. She did burn the garlic bread. Came back to the house and the smoke and larm was going bonkers. But she said, make sure you're home by back quarter past five?
Speaker 1: So what what four having on treys? So we having? We're catching up before dinner daytime?
Speaker 33: She goes, no, No, I think I think we'll be plating up at about five thirty, plating up.
Speaker 1: We eat dinner in front of the TV. Mum.
Speaker 33: But it was five thirty strict time, and it was. We still made five thirty, and in fact, I think it was a bit earlier. Even even though Mom had to duck away and find another garlic bread sauce.
Speaker 1: We still got there all right five point thirty for dinner. Too early.
Speaker 33: And she always she says, oh, you're very fussy about my cooking, or you're very fussy with what you eat. And I'm not fussy. I'm not She just Mom loves to do the good food's a bit like the baloney sound shes. She likes to put on the plate some chicken nuggets, some potato and look, I'm not an athlete, but I don't always want to have potato gems for dinner.
Speaker 1: I reckon, if I were you, I would I would have done that last thirty seconds a bit different.
Speaker 33: But it's like the blowing swages. Maybe I'm touching the habit. And she will say, oh, you're still young and active, you need to it's okay, whereas my dad's like my dad will look me straight in the eye and goes, your metabolism will foil, young day boy, and then you'll be in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, stop talking, okay, five thirty Shawn, And look, yeah, what type of people have dinner? Seven? Isn't it seventy seven?
Speaker 33: We used to when we were normal, between six and six thirty, when you were normal. Yeah, but now it's just too early. I think it's so mum can relax and not have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Too late. But I think seven is a normal time, is it?
Speaker 17: Yeh?
Speaker 1: Does your dad cook?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: It's a hard no, isn't it? Sorry? She wants to move back home with his folks, back to Boloney Sandwichville and has been eating at five thirty. What time do you have dinner? Folks? One double three eight eighty two.
Speaker 17: Hello Michael, Yeah mate, how are you good? Thank you mate?
Speaker 10: We're going about this bit clinic and the smart lawyer they had. Why didn't the smart layer ask for security your costs before he started the case? I sued, someone try to sue me, and I said, you have no trouble. I said, we don't cost fifty grand. There's mark fifty grand in the courts. Put your fifty grand up. If you can't put the fifty grand up, well you haven't you you know you can't sue me. Basically, but just said.
Speaker 26: That he put it up or shut up.
Speaker 10: They didn't put it up and.
Speaker 1: They went away in the absence of ning Michael, I reckon a defamation trial involving someone like Tash and her legal team would be it'd be a moving feast and would move around all the time, So you just need to need to keep appearing or keep preparing information. I would have thought. I think that's sort of my understanding of it. It is it's an expensive process defamation, so we feel for Kay Macintosh. Let's not forget how this started. It's Tash living in the air, driving past, seeing a cocky or a gala in a cage in the sun. She goes in to take the get the bird out of the sun. They do that. She comes back the next day in films, you know, films inside the vet clinic. Get sue for and post it on Facebook. Get sue for defamation. O's k three twenty eight thousand or the clinic three twenty eight thousand, can't pay it, doesn't want to pay it through legal process. And now Kay struggling not only to get that money either three twenty eight but also her legal bills have gone up. And I can only imagine, Michael, it's to do with defamation process. Shawn studying short had dinner at five thirty last night with his mum and dad. Get a ZENO.
Speaker 20: Hey, hey, hey, Simon, Yeah yeah, five thirty is a bit early even for me. We normally eat about six thirty. I've got got three adult children and by the time my oldest skits home from teaching, it's probably about six thirty seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, that's still pretty early, isn't it.
Speaker 20: What six thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're still early. That's but that's that suits your family.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's pretty good. I mean by the time you yeah, you finished in at seven and wash up at seven thirty. You want to you want to be sitting down in front of a TV by seven thirty surely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no doubt so, thank you mate. Dinner time, Karen says. Tea time, six thirty to seven is a good time, says Karen. Thank you, Karen. So, Karen, you're with Zeno seven pm, says Cake, trying to tune into half an hour of communist TV news. Okay, that's funny. Gary says. Sean is sponging off his mum and complaining what that mom needs to throw him out, says Gary. Mum's getting in a cookbook t hr o w gaz. Mum's getting the cookbook for his birthday, says Lee. Thanks for your thoughts, Chantel, dinner time? What time?
Speaker 36: Hi? How's it going?
Speaker 14: Boie?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 36: I usually have dinner between four thirty and.
Speaker 8: Five o'clock PM.
Speaker 36: Yeah, because then I allowed a free to digest and then you know, watch today boy something on my phone and then ragabad that's probably around eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: You are just one one big party, an't you? Chantell four thirty five? Shantell four thirty five as too early that dinner. I know there's probably digestive, some digestive science behind all that. Would you jump on a plane at the moment? The yes there thirty two that knows are twenty one. I had quite a bit of correspondence on this people coming in to us, and thanks to all those people, let us know that at eleven o'clock that plane that had returned on the flight to Paris did land and did land safely, ironically land on time. So those people, those passengers were on on that fly for fifteen hours and they're back in Perth. Hamis Hasty has the story on WA today. Thank you Ham and a lot of our listeners have spotted that the plane is back in Perth right on time at eleven o'clock. We'll come back in just a sec. Twenty eight and a half minutes to midday.
Speaker 15: Reports of a crash grad He's in highway eastbound at Lion Street in Soyer's Valley.
Speaker 12: Emergency services are on side.
Speaker 15: Trafficers have very heavy on approach, so avoid the area and seek on alternative route if possible. The Mete, Kanana and Graham Farmer Freeway is all traveling well this morning, moving well in both directions of the tunnel and a good running in and out of the CBD. I'mstep Clark on Perth Traffic Leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Darren says, Hi, Simon, where is Sean going? Darren? He's going to prison for a little while. He's going to Hey, you know he's he's going to Channel nine to further his on camera sports career, which we are fully supportive of. We're going to miss him. This one here from Christine. A couple of kisses. Thanks Christine. Always like the kisses. Christine. No, I'm not flying. We'll put you down as a no. We hit at seven thirty or later. Then when the grandkids come over, we hit at five thirty. It's like a late lunch for us oldies. Maria, it's good at seventy. Hello, Maria. When does the young guy Sean moving back with his parents while he could cook meals for them as well as we age your elderly taste buds and eating times change to thank you, Maria, Sean does cook it.
Speaker 37: Hu.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have a lot of Money's trying to mind his petties, but sometimes he finds himself a happy hour during the week. TJ. Toddy Boy, Hello mate, Bowie Dinners at seven pm, usually at the Johnston Ranch, and I would travel. I'd also happily buy Tash Pitts no one way ticket to Iran, says TJ. TJ. I think you're playing at the Mac Club on Saturday, aren't you. Brenda says the shanker stands departure, meaning Seb is getting a promo to producer. And I think I think Seb's gown pretty well. Brennan on the Brickey program and he he's got a fair few side hustles. Sebastian bless him goes all right, doesn't he. Brad's finding high Brad.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 8: Simon here, you're going good mate a Simon when you're talking about these kids sports. This crossed my mind at the last state election. It's quite amazing how things happened when the state election on, how they promised everything and then after the elections they take everything right. But anyway, at the election booth, we happen to bump into the Member for mandra Now who got elected in Brick Williams yep ye, and Tampa was alongside him with him.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: We asked him on their big placard on the fence, austray and Labor part State Labor, whatever, we're going to spend twenty million dollars on MANDRA netball, right. Anyway, we asked and we questioned Reyes Williams, and we said to him, okay, Ree, where's the step forward facility is going to be just twenty million?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: And he come back and he said, We've got two places in mind, but he says I can't disclose them because that's confidential, right, And I thought, there we go, could be another third to be like Themandra Hospital. But anyway to go on, Simon, it's really not fair because a lot of families and Amanda are struggling. We've got young kids who want to play sports, right. My daughter had next week she plays netbar for MANDRA down here and they're traveling across to the Gold Coast for a competition against you like New Guinea and New zeal And the stuff next week. But a lot of families, Simon, afford for their kids to go, and a lot of those kids are very good sports kids, right, so now like get left out and it's not there. What's going on? Right? And really the government should really step up because they should be promoting kids sports. And like I said, somebody's kids Simon Amandra cannot go to the Gold Coast because their parents can't afford it. And a lot of the kids, with the money they get from the state government, they put it towards the trip to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: You're with me, Yeah, so what's happened with what's happened with the netball for Siddley? Have you heard any more?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 8: Nothing we see I've seen some advertising at least the mondays we're paid saying that, oh yeah we're twenty million netbore twenty million. But no one knows where it is. No one knows what's going on. No one knows when it's going to be started or when it's going to be finished.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, we'll have a look. I mean he romped in, Rich Williams romped in and was anointed by by Dave Templeman. They're both very popular members, no doubt about it. Reached the former mayor of Mandra. I hadn't heard that one about the netball quartal. I'll look into it, Brad, and I appreciate your thoughts on kids sport and we were a little baffle on this one. It's the voucher value has gone from five hundred bucks to three hundred. I think essentially that will mean kids will be abut to play one sport not another. It saves the government about twenty mil over five years. It was way back in the day. It was a liberal initiative, a liberal national initiative under Tuck and mister Barnett. It's been well supported in recent times by the Labor government, absolutely no question about that. But it's there pulling back on the amount one double three eight eighty two. Thanks you call, Brad. We've had a little bit of correspondence coming in on Sean being unhappy eating at five point thirty. Sandra says, I think if Sewan's mum wants to cook him dinner, she can, but she can leave it in the microway, oven or fridge and you can eat it around his schedule. Rick says, cook your own dinner, Shaw and your ungrateful swine give us says I'd fly business cup class if six. Pur is shouting this one here from Martin when I visited my mum in Kent five years ago had woken up at nine pm for dinner. I need to watch the Foxes at the back door eating before us is Martin one double three eight eighty two is the phone number. It's twenty one minutes to midday. Let's do this On pers six PR, the stock market reports, Oh he Claire joins us from Share and Partners on this Tuesday morning. Hi Onwan, how are you good?
Speaker 17: Mornings? Iven't I'm very.
Speaker 1: Well and how are we traveling? How are Virgin Australia going?
Speaker 38: Yeah, they're back on the ASX again. It was COVID nineteen that's felled the end the first time for Virgin. Back in twenty twenty, people stopped flying. The airline went into administration because they were drowning in the sea of debt that they couldn't repay, and sensing an opportunity, the US private equity group Bain Capital came in and bought the airline with the benefit of hindsight. What a great opportunity that has turned out to be because the post COVID travel boom meant that they got their money back in just over two years, and then they made about two times their money when Qatar Airlines came in and bought a quarter of Virgin several months ago, and now this public offering is for about thirty percent of the airline, so Bane Capital will get their money back again. And on top of that, they still own around forty percent of Virgin Australia. And because they've already more than quadrupled their money on this investment, it has enabled Baines to price today's share offer pretty fairly. The IPO was at two dollars ninety a share. They're trading currently at three dollars thirteen, which is an eight percent premium, and there are hopes that if this IPO is successful it may reignite them market for new floats here in Australia because there haven't been too many in recent times. But also hitting the ax for the first time today is a company called great Land Gold. They own the Telfa gold and copper mine up in the Patterson region in the north of Western Australia. They have the third largest processing capacity for gold and copper anywhere in the country. Great Land bought the mine off Newmont and the shares used to only trade in London, but now their shares trade here as well. Great Land did a small capital raising of fifty million dollars as part of their listing of shares here, and those shares were offered at six dollars forty share trading today at seven dollars thirty, which is a bit over a ten percent premium for them, So two successful debuts on the ASX today. But what's really affecting the share market is the news overnight that Donald Trump has declared a tentative ceasefire between Israel and Iran. Will have to wait and see if that turns out to be true or not, but for now, it was enough to see the share market in the US increased by around one percent. But the price of oil has tumbled eight percent today and the goal price is weaker as well, so goal cheers here and energy companies are giving back some of their recent gains. Woodside, for example, have fallen over two dollars or around seven point nine percent for back to twenty three dollars seventy eight. But the rest of the market is doing pretty well. The Commonwealth Banks share price has proded over one hundred and eighty eight dollars, up three dollars fifty, and the All Lords is ahead by eighty four points. Were at eighty seven hundred and seventy two simon.
Speaker 1: Eight seven seven to on the all odds index. Thank you on chatchy tomorrow. I have a good day.
Speaker 20: We'll do cheers both.
Speaker 1: Thank you mate. Nineteen minutes to sorry, eighteen minutes to midday, thanks for listening. In Rita Safiotti, who is the Sports and Recreation Minister, among other things, Treasurer transport. All of that she was asked today as she went into Parliament, she was asked by Pazza Jeff Paza the topic of the day. Pazza asked Rita about kids sport vouchers. Why they gone from five hundred dollars to three hundred dollars per voucher. Paz to Rita, oh no, we've.
Speaker 34: Increased to three hundred dollars. The five hundred dollar was a one off, one year impact. So kidsport started at one hundred and fifty dollars a couple of years ago.
Speaker 39: It's grown to now our commitment to three hundred dollars going forward.
Speaker 34: And the other point is we've done it.
Speaker 39: We did an assessment of the average spend of a kid sport voucher and that was two hundred and fifty dollars, so we have more than covered the average cost of the average spend from Kidsport. On top of that, sorry, we're also of course rolling at the student assistance payments.
Speaker 34: Yesterday the Premier release the figures.
Speaker 39: They're still around twenty three percent of Metro families who haven't claimed, and also about twenty nine percent of regional families that haven't claimed.
Speaker 34: So we encourage everyone to claim their student assistance payment.
Speaker 40: A cynic would say though that there was a pre election suiteener and now that you've won the election, you've stripped it back by two hundred dollars.
Speaker 34: We've got a range range of initiatives.
Speaker 39: In fact, this was the Kids Sport commitment was a new commitment in the budget.
Speaker 34: It's something that we added to the budget. So the budget had it going back.
Speaker 39: To one hundred and fifty dollars, so we made sure we kept it at three hundred dollars.
Speaker 34: As I said, this additional money we put into the budget.
Speaker 39: We've expanded it also to the Scouts and guides as been requested by those groups, and they're very excited.
Speaker 1: Well one off, I mean they could be suggested that you have.
Speaker 15: It's just to buy a vote at election time and then plug them afterwards.
Speaker 39: No, we've got new initiatives, like I said, but there's also access all Areas initiative. The student Assistants payment was something we introduced also through the election and we got.
Speaker 34: Funded and rolling out.
Speaker 39: So we also announced, for example, keeping the free public transport for children going to school. So there's a lot of new initiatives as well in this budget, including as I said, free public transport for kids. Also in addition the free public transport for kids, the student assistants payment, Access all Areas, and also the kids bought voucher at three hundred dollars.
Speaker 34: Remember a couple of years ago, with one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: You had the money in the for a higher voucher.
Speaker 17: No he didn't.
Speaker 34: No we didn't, so that wasn't So this money is new money.
Speaker 30: There is money.
Speaker 1: Sorry, there is a surplus. You could have spent a wide shoes not Oh, we've.
Speaker 39: Introduced a whole range of new cost of living measures for children.
Speaker 1: So that's a reader talking to Dylan and Pazza. One double three eight e E two is the phone number. I mean that the last is question is, and it wasn't a couple of years ago that kids sport was one hundred and fifty dollars. It started in two thousand and eleven, and it started a hundred fifty dollars back then. So it's fourteen years ago, and it was under the labor sort of liberal national government that came out. It's a good scheme and it's been going for everyone. I don't I don't know that any of us realize when it was announced in August last year that that was that five hundred bucks was one off.
Speaker 30: Good a jeff my excitement reading, yeah read pitty reader didn't announce that the five hundred dollars was going to go under three hundred dollars when she announced the racetrack five minutes before the election. And as I put in a net note to you earlier, I bet the racetrack will blow out more than twenty million dollars that could pay for this this. Yeah, what is it now?
Speaker 1: Mate's two hundred and seventeen? I think, wasn't it it was announced that Yeah, a good, good point. I don't normally buy into these sorts of things, but this one's got to me. This is about priority isn't it. And yeah, and there are there are targeted packages. Thanks Jeff, good on your Jeff from Safety Bay, from shoal Water. The I'll come back. I'll come back on this one because we it's now fourteen minutes to twelve. But this one does feel like a priority spend and they're making a decision not to spend the money on kids sport, spend it on other stuff. It does feel like that five hundred bucks was a lot is a lot. It was welcomed last year. It means that kids families can play a winter sport and a summer sport. And I'll ask this question in a slightly different way. Maybe it's too maybe it was too much. So the New South Wales government have just handed down their state budget. They've got a kids sports style program. It's called Active Kids in the Boat. They get New South Wales kids disadvantage cause you get two fifty dollars out just per year, one hundred bucks. So that's let's ask the question a different way. Do you think five hundred was too much for Batler families and batl the kids so they could play sport? Maybe, yeah, maybe that's issue. Two fifty dollars Ouchers in New South Wales. How about that, Shian Lindsay, the hard working executive producer of our show where our friend our colleague just moved back in with his mum and dad. George Costanza style had dinner at five point thirty last night, plating up at five point thirty. Pretty funny. We've all done it some stage, I mean, Chris says. I'm of the opinion that once you leave home you never go back to understand on your own two feet sure, and dinner times usually around seven thirty, but subject to change due to whatever circumstances. I'm a shift worker, so sometimes got to be earlier or later, depending on shift times. Cheers mate, Thank you Chris. This one here from Mitch woke up at three, had breakfast, just finished the lasagna and chicken parmesana for dinner. I'll have some fruit later on Bring Back Kids Sport funding, says Mitch Cane and Milko Hello, came dinner around four pm? Better around five five thirty, Get up at twelve forty five, at work by two am, six days a week for the past twenty five years, such as the Life of a Milkman. Thank you, Kine. Appreciate your thoughts there can I Jason?
Speaker 41: Yeah, gooday boe, Yes, I'm on my way home Made on Great Easter and heading east. Right just after the Lion's treat in Sawyer's Valley, a BGC double has gone on to the other side of the road Made and it's like horizontal facing the oncoming traffic on the other side.
Speaker 1: Mate, So is what just skidded and veered across the road?
Speaker 41: Yeah, it's feared off and it's feared off to the right instead of the left onto the oncoming traffic on Great Eastern Made and the cops are there. They've blocked that side off and the site going east they've blocked one lane off Made. It looks Yeah, I don't know what's happened, but obviously he's try to avoid someone or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it on its wheels? Jason hasn't rolled or anything.
Speaker 41: No, it's on its wheels, but it's virtually on on both sides of the road. It's that long, so they can't get a crop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's that Sawyer's Valley. What was the name of the street across the street just.
Speaker 41: After Lion Street. If you're heading east towards cal Gorley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, all right mate, thanks letting us know Jason issues. Mate might want to avoid the area. So that's great. It's in the highway. I think Jason was saying it across both lanes of traffic near Sawyer's Value Valley. There, Chris today, how are you mate? Good? Thank you.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to stand about the sports. Yeah, I'm a bog coach at the local footy club and ye club. The coach out a lot of the kids sort of come from that's well off families and have a few money issues and that the up the western subab sort of families. And it's all good for the sports out to cover one season. Maybe that covers the footy season, but if they take it away, they don't come back to summer sport, you know. And for a lot of these kids that have come from a tougher life, they need that summer sport to keep them interested in something. You know, if you don't keep them interested in it, they just go off and get on to the wrong side of the road, you know. Like it's just I don't think these politicians really understand how much it means to kids who come to have something to come to every day and to have some wrong models in their life that they can look up to, you know, like you just sort of let them go over the summer or the winter. Half of them don't come back. That's the problem, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Chris. What do you you send footy? What do you do during the summer?
Speaker 6: Basketball? May I coached the footy team and then half of the boys that you know struggle a little bit. I've started up a basketball team over summer just to sort of give them to something to come back to. So they praying two nights a week, they play one day a week, and it's amazing how many of them actually come back. And then you've sort of got your hooks into them and they come back to foot you the next season as well, you know.
Speaker 1: So all right, yeah, thanks thanks Chris. Cheers mate, very good point. So, yeah, that's we're wondering if that is the issue where the reduction for five hundred and three hundred means that they're just playing one sport as opposed to winter and summer sport. It is a lot of money. Happy to keep taking your calls, at least, Gately joins us from our newsroom here at six PRM. She's been to a res whippy press, commerce, high alease. What are we talking about?
Speaker 35: Yeah, and the Attorney General Tony Booty was there as well. So they flagged this before the election. But they're finally this week introducing to Parliament a bill. They've dubbed it the Post and Boast Laws. So these laws will make posting criminal activity on social media the actual video illegal. So whether you've taken the video and put it up or you share it as well, that will be an offense that carries up to three years in prison and the court can order you to take it down and if you don't, you might be slapped with a twelve thousand dollar fine.
Speaker 22: So what is it?
Speaker 1: What potentially could an illegal act be if it was filmed? Is it a fight? Is it animal cruelty? It's something to do with cars? What is it?
Speaker 42: Yeah?
Speaker 35: So it's a lot of those things. It's only a few prescribed defenses, but think honing, stealing cars, filming fights, even Nazi gestures and Nazi symbols. It's really to deter people from committing these offenses purely to get social media clout.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you've got some provided us with some audio from Rees Whitby. Let's have a listen, police and members of the community generally a second tide of seeing copycat crims engaged in often dangerous activity and other crimes to get a kick out of it, to put it on Facebook. All right, So post and boast laws, when are they coming in, Elise?
Speaker 35: So they're only being introduced to Parliament this week, but I'm sure we will see. I'm sure it will get bipartisan support. I don't think you can really argue with that, so it should be very.
Speaker 1: Soon, all right. Did Minister note that it's used in other jurisdictions or yeah.
Speaker 35: So we are far behind the rest of the states, so we are catching up to them by introducing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thanks Alice. We'll hear your reports in our news bulletins today. Thank you, Thank you at least greatly from our newsroom here. So post and post rules being introduced to parliament be legal to post video photographs of criminal activity. It's a new thing and we are a little behind the rest of the jurisdictions. I wasn't aware of that. I need to get out of house more three and a half minutes to midday, stone Rose is how good coming out to midday. We'd love to hear from you today. Would you jump on a plane at the moment, particularly to travel through the Middle East area? Yes, is a thirty eight and the nose are twenty five and if you have travel insurance there is there's often a you might find a clause in there against wars and insurrections. I'll bring you that in just a moment, love to hear from you one double three a eighty two. The cost of an Australia post stamp has gone from one to law fifty to one dollar seventy. We'll look at that as well. Thanks listening. In coming up on the show, in just a moment, we have an interview can you get Can you have too much sleep? It's too much sleep a bad thing? You know when you sleep in and your mum says you must have needed it. You sleep for eleven twelve hours, you must have needed it. We're going to speak to a sleep expert in just a moment. Is too much sleeper as a bad thing? Is it the same as not getting enough sleep? Talk about that in just a second on the program. Would you jump on a plane at the moment, especially if it was heading near the Middle East. So yes is a thirty eight the nose at twenty five. I'd love to hear from you today. Terry's phoned in. We'll track down Terry, who's husband is in Doha. Terry, Hello, how are you good? Thank you? What's happened?
Speaker 42: Well, he's landed. I know that because I saw the plane on flight tracker. But one flight's been canceled to London and one is boarding, so I don't know whether he's on there because he hasn't rained me. Oh yeah, he troubled.
Speaker 1: Who's he flying with, Terry?
Speaker 42: He's flying with Qatar. Yeah, so he's on his way to Dublin because that's where he's from. He's a mad Irishman.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, and it's got a wedding to go to.
Speaker 1: Okay, ordinarily would he contact you? Is he that that bloke?
Speaker 28: Oh?
Speaker 42: Yeah, mostly? Yeah, yeah, but I don't. I don't think he's o fay with WhatsApp at the moment. Okay, I think he needs a bit of practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, WhatsApp challenged? All right? All right, but you sound in good humor, Yeah, yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 42: All good, all right, I've got a couple of weeks off work. So that's really good. Yeah, I'm doing some jobs around the house, all right.
Speaker 1: No hobby, no job for a couple of weeks. Sounds good. That's very good, thanks Terry.
Speaker 42: I work in local government as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh good on you. All right, thanks Terry. Well twenty odd thousand people do big employer. Thanks Terry. Nice to hear from you. So how are you not picking up or not ringing from Doha? But as it looks like flight tracker says he has landed one of our listeners. I think it's Paul. Paul has sent through the media release the press release of the government about kids sport from last year. Thank you, Paul, appreciate it mate. We printed it out. So this the date of this is? Is it journal July? Sean? I think it isn't July of last year? Thank you Paul, Thank you Sean. So the Cook Labor government today announced the major in support support for WA fans to cover the cost of children's sport. The financial assistance available through kid Sport almost doubled for twenty four and twenty five, five hundred bucks in kid support vouchers available per eligible child. And it goes on and it's you know, it's what's the word, it's celebrating the initiative kids Sport. Families can apply it to five hundred dollars from what I can see, So this is a three million dollar boost in financial support, so the second since August of the previous year. So Kidsport was lifted from one hundred and fifty to three hundred, which is what readasafiotic was referring to today. So it started out at one hundred and fifty whack in twenty eleven and so on. Look, there's no obvious mention here that it's a one off. There is no obvious mention here that it's one apart from apart from it says apart from for almost double for twenty four and twenty twenty five. So there's no really obvious phrasing there. This is a one off that is not articulated. It's it's complementary about the program. This comment's attributed to Dave Temperman. The comments attributed to forest Field MLA. Stephen Price. You must have been at the press conference at the time, but it doesn't. Thanks Paul, thanks sending it through. There's no mention it to a one off, which which what reader is saying today one double three A to eighty two. So I wanted to ask you this as well. There's an opinion piece in the Australian newspapers to Day about earbuds, about earbuds, that earbuds are being worn more and more by retail workers and frontline workers and people who are public facing. So some it would appear that some people won't take their earbuds out when they're at work because they for whatever reason, they might not necessarily have them turned on, they might not necessarily be playing anything into them. But people are wearing their earbuds all the time. What do you think about that? So some people do you know, are we acknowledge are neurodivergent? Some people have their ear buds in all day, every day at work. Now, you couldn't get away with it here in a radio station because you've got to listen to the station and you've got to talk to your colleagues. I don't think you'd get away with it here unless you are working on the weekend and you're on your own. But the wearing of earbuds at work, what do you reckon? Some people don't take them out all day, and I'd love to hear from someone who does do that. There might be reasons for that. Some people don't take them out because they think they'll lose them, they'll lose one or both. I reckon, I've got six pairs of singles at home where I've lost earbuds through you know, falling out on my bike or losing them or falling out of my ear and getting run over by cars or whatever it is. So I've got a heap of them. Heap of singles don't work anymore. But what you reckon about earbuds? When people are working a job that's public faithing. So if you go to a counter, go to a retailer, you go to Department of Transport and someone. I don't know what the public service rule is on this, but people do wear earbuds at work all the time, now, don't they? I saw it in my previous workplace. Don't talk, you know, don't talk to people. Need to concentrate and need to write this, need to do that. What do you reckon wearing earbuds at work? Is it okay? I can't do it here? Wouldn't do it here because you need to listen to the station or you're supposed to earbuds should they be banned from workplaces? And Mark who's Mark's were working with today? Mark Dora and he says the cost of an Australian post stamp has gone from a dollar fifty to a dollar seventy, a dollar fifty to a dollar seventy. And it's just on the way out, isn't it?
Speaker 37: Is?
Speaker 1: WhatsApp is What's app the new way of staying in touch with friends and family. You get a give big what'sapp thing together. You can do videos, you can write stuff, you can take photos. Is that why stamps have gone from a dollar fifty dollars seventy because people don't use them as much? I'd love to hear from you the earbuds at work? What do you reckon? Particularly in public facing jobs or any job? Is really part of going to work is being social, isn't it? And being in a social environment I would have thought. But happy to take your calls and are you one of those dudes who does not take the yearbuds out at any stage? One double three atty two is the phone number, just to remind you. Rita Safiotti saying to journalists outside cabinet today it's a Pazza and Dills answering the question about kids sports. So apparently it was only a one off the five hundred dollars payment. You have a listen. Oh no, we've.
Speaker 34: Increased to three hundred dollars. The five hundred dollars a one off, one year impact. So kids sports started at one hundred and fifty dollars a couple of years ago. It's grown to now our commitment to three hundred dollars going forward.
Speaker 1: All right, so was it a one off? Did you expect it's going to be a one off? Charmaine says the saving from cutting kids sport could well be eaten up by kids getting the justice system through boredom. Charmaine good point, having kids in the tent, being part of the community playing sport really really important. It's a social issue as well as a sport issue, health issue. Get a Beev good show, she says, thanks Bev. No who are hopping on a plane at present? Jason says, yes to me, sometimes it is too far to warp, and Zeno says, or wear my earbuds every day, listened to six pur and it cuts out, or the gardening tools noise. Thank you, Grael.
Speaker 5: Good Simon, How are you good?
Speaker 1: Earbuds Simon?
Speaker 25: Just on the same theme. I'm a bike rider and one of the challenging issues, of course is when you're flying down and you've got people walking along and you sound your bell, you do all your right thing, but people just have two earbuds in and they're completely obliviate. This is to any other activity around them. So look, I'm not suggesting for a minute that you know, they have to drop the earbuds, but I think certainly if they work towards us saying, look, if you're out in the public ear it, just put one earbud in because it's an excellent waiting to happen. We ride every morning, so we do come across it on a very regular basis, all.
Speaker 1: Right mate, Yeah, safety reasons for pedestrians, chairs ol, Thank you, keep up the good work. One double three eight to eighty two. Sixteen past midday? Is too much sleep a good thing? And wearing earbuds at work? Is it okay? That past the pub sniff test? It's sixteen past mid day? Shall I say the pub sniff test? I think well deployed. That's good enough. Added to myself, Jimmy enjoying his own work sixteen and a half minutes past twelve. Back in a second, Dave says, all, Dave, this is funny because it's this is running out of steam on the show a bit. All politicians should be made to wear a lie detected test kit at all times when speaking in public, a portable polygraph, Dave, little siren goes off when they're fibbing. Thank you, mate. Phil says, I was at Carl's the other day and went to the deli counter and the person had regular ear plugs in and pretended to have a select memory. What I said to him as what I ordered? Does that pass this? Does it pass that test? Shall I say the pub sniff test? Thanks Phil? Cheers mate, Gabs, Hi Gabs always like your correspondence, Gabs, you would lose a lot of listeners if we couldn't use headphone or earbuds. Thank you and good a Ange. I'm a runner and I always only wear one earbud otherwise you cannot hear anything coming at all. Thanks Ang Patrick, Hi mate Patrick from Byford. Without my ear button my left ear as I work, I wouldn't be listening to six pr I do. I do take them out when I officiate at funerals when I'm the celebrant. That's heartening, Patrick, that's good to know. This one here from Mark Mark three yearbuds. A lot of the good ones have a hear through function which actively allows noise from the outside to enter the ear buzz and into the years. No good folks who have these earbuds turn off this function. Thank you, Mark, good to hear from you today. Would you jump on a plane at the moment the yeses are forty the nose of twenty eight?
Speaker 17: Hi Dave, Oh good day mate. After your help, I need someone to ask where's some power? Why they have a habit of having planned outages but not giving me any warning. It's happened again to day to the people in Glendalow. Happened happens sometimes, asked year as well. What they do is they have a planned outage, but they don't tell you about it, and they send you a text about half an hour later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get those in my ear. Yea, they are pretty late, aren't they there? It is late? Notice? Yeah, how long is it long?
Speaker 17: Kind of yeah?
Speaker 1: How long's it? Four? Dave?
Speaker 17: Till three thirty?
Speaker 1: They say, yeah, okay, it's a long one went off.
Speaker 17: At about about eleven o'clock this morning. It's either in competence by Western Power or they or they're doing on purpose one of these two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, Thanks Dave. I yeah, that's true. Often if it's during a get them during the work day, it's not such a big deal because you're at you're at work, but if you're at home, it's a paying the bum. Lee in sunny Scarborough, get a Lee. I'm flying to the UK via Doha in two weeks time. If I was flying alone, will monitor the news and make a call in the final moment. But I'm flying with my eight year old, my daughter, so I had to put more thought into this, listening to people's opinions, and we'll have to do some serious weighing up of my own this week. Thanks Lee, appreciate that. Appreciate your thoughts. You know, when your sleep for ten or eleven hours and your mum says, well you must have needed it? Is too much sleep bad for your health, like too little sleep. Deb Herdman is a sleep expert and joins us now.
Speaker 43: Hello, deb Hi Bowie, how are you today?
Speaker 5: Very well?
Speaker 1: Thanks? Is that the name of your company? Nine nights.
Speaker 37: It is.
Speaker 1: That's nice, isn't it. That's a really I like that nine nights? So is that right?
Speaker 17: Can you?
Speaker 1: Is too much sleep bad for you?
Speaker 44: We've known that for a long time. Oh really, it's not really anything new, but certainly the more research that comes out and the more participants in studies helps to substantiate that data that is too much sleep and too little sleep is equally.
Speaker 41: Bad for your help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, why why is too much sleep bad? What does that do to you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 44: The thing is, when you're spending too much time lying down, you're your sed entry, which is not good. We need to be moving. We're not designed to spend long amounts of time in bed. Of course, when you're not moving, then you potentially are missing meals. It's it's just not good for your health to be that stagnant.
Speaker 30: All right.
Speaker 1: So yep, got inactivity, the sedentary nature that potentially missing meals sometimes at nine eyes. So I just like saying is that sometimes you need to catch up when you sleep, though, don't you?
Speaker 44: Oh look for sure, sometimes you do need to catch up, and there's nothing wrong with that. These studies are looking at people to perpetually sleep too long so some people think they're very lucky to be able to sleep long when most of the world is suffering from insomnia. But certainly we know for any adult between the ages of twenty six to sixty four, between seven and nine hours is the recommended range of sleep.
Speaker 1: All right, well that's me. I'm in that range there, Deb. What would love to hear from our listeners? Do you think sleeping too much is bad for you? And sometimes you feel a bit groggy out of sorts, don't you?
Speaker 5: Deb?
Speaker 1: If you sleep a lot sleep in?
Speaker 44: Oh yeah, and look that can happen even if you decide to have a bit of a sleep in thinking you need to touch up. You wake up with that what we call sleep inertia, and you really you wake up feeling worse than what you did before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a bit of fun earlier on the show. Deb Sean, our executive producer, has just moved back in with his mum and dad and he's having dinner ahead, dinner at five point thirty last night. A lot of our listeners they reckon you have dinner early so you can digest you food before you go to bed. What does nine I think?
Speaker 44: Yeah, look, certainly, going to bed on a full stomach of food is not going to be necessarily a good thing for you. And often the reason is because you've got all those digestion and all your major organs are slowing down ready for sleep, and that full coming is going to mean that you have every chance that you're going to have reflux, which is then going to make you feel awful. It's going to affect your sleep. You don't want to be sleeping, sorry, you don't want to be eating in.
Speaker 1: That hour before bed, okay, And little micro sleeps deep here and there, a little little nap in the car at school pickup or micro sleeps are okay.
Speaker 44: But if you're finding that you can't get through a day without meeting and that, then you're not getting enough sleep at night. But certainly a micro sleep means a micro sleep no more than fifteen twenty minutes. Once you get into deep sleep too much, you're going to have trouble falling asleep at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotcha. Now, I don't think i've ever asked you this. Do you sleep okay? Being a sleep.
Speaker 17: Expert, Look, I do sleep okay.
Speaker 44: But the thing is, what I know with all my qualifications and experience is when I have bad sleep, and we all do. It's absolutely part of the normal sleep cycles to have bad sleep. I don't worry about it, and that's the difference between having insomnia or not having insomnia. Those people that worry about it, they're just going to perpetually keep around that.
Speaker 1: I could not agree more. I've got mates. You just talk about it incessantly, unrelentingly, about you iding enough sleep every day, all day, every day.
Speaker 44: Yes, yes, it's some people are absolutely possessive about their sleep habits. And really, even though we know that there's so much knowledge out there now about sleep, people are either not motivated to get it sorted out, or otherwise they don't know where to go, so they go to all the wrong places to get their sleep.
Speaker 1: Sorted yeah, or they're just happy about crapping on about it and talking about all the time make everybody else unhappy. Hey, Dev, really nice to talk to you. Thank you. Deb Herban is a sleep expert from nine Eyes. Thanks Deb. So yeah, that's a good name, isn't it for a company? Twenty seven and a half minutes past midday? Sleeping too much? What do you reckon? Can sleep too much? You must have needed it as their mums would say. One double three eight to eighty two. So if you're between twenty six and sixty four, seven and nine hours is ideal. And I do reckon. There are people, these people in my life who just talk about I didn't enough to sleep all the time, and it just runs their life. It's annoying, really annoying. Twenty eight minutes twelve up to you from today? Can you sleep too much? Do you reckon? We're going to come back in just a moment. I have a musical question for you, given that the price of the ac DC tickets are out today, I want to ask you about concert memorabilia. Do you have concert memorability? Do you have a ticket stub, an event program, a T shirt? Do you have concert memorabilia? And James and I will play some songs, some live songs from your artists, the artists of your choosing. Do you have concert memorabilia from back in the day? One double three eight to eighty two. You need to ring in. You might win Call of the Day, which is two fantastic tickets to go and see LightScape up in Kings Park. Nice romantic evening under the stars in the rain, walking through all the all the beautiful trees that are out and about in Kings Park at the moment, couple of tickets to give away to LightScape as our career of the day. Thank you for Liz Bruce. You like a little bit of merchandise and some memorabilia like your rock and roll stuff, don't you?
Speaker 19: I do?
Speaker 1: Indeed, do you have a little bit of memorabilia from a concert. Well, I've got a couple of things.
Speaker 45: I've got some of the concert programs we were discussing earlier on but I've also got a drumstick from Rob Hurst mid Night Oil's last was supposed to be their last tour, which was at Trumpskol Capricornia. And at the end he's done the old bang on the drums and the sticks have gone in and we've gone up higher than Jislinko and just snapped it out of the year right and then tucked it into my pants to get it out so no one else.
Speaker 1: Has steal it off me. Tucked it into my pants another first time you've done that. Thank you, Brucie, and well done. Lead love to hear from you today. Memory concert memorabilia. The we know a little bit more about ac DC tickets now one hundred and thirty nine bucks of the cheapest ones. Bruce's got a drumstick from this. Let's go to John Nichols. Now, good afternoon, John. Let's get some news headlines from you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Simon, Good afternoon. Fighting between Israel and Iran maybe over to cease fire between the countries is scheduled to be enforced now. Donald Trump, in a social media post, declared the Middle Eastern powers have agreed to end hostilities. He claim both sides came to him asking for peace. I'm still waiting to see whether Israel has agreed to a cease fire. Donald Trump claims Iran appears to have accepted. The state government has announced its plan to introduce new post and boast laws that would make it illegal for videos of crimes like hooning and fights to be shared online. Exemptions would apply for journalists, law enforcement, and some artistic purposes. Artificial intelligence is expected to be used to bar children from social media when new age restrictions take effect in December. The nation's Online Safety watchdogs says fifty three different systems been tried out to enforce the band on children under sixteen and all use some form of AI. The AFL has brought back Waverley Park from the Hawthorne Football Club for an undisclosed feed their plans to use the ground for talent pathways, umpiring and community footy. Hawthorne is moving to a new base in coming months. Eighteen degrees at the moment, down to seven overnight, mostly sunny and nineteen tomorrow more news at one.
Speaker 1: Thank you John, John. Do you have any music or concert memorabilia? Live concert memorabilia.
Speaker 2: I've got every program and every ticket from everything I've ever been to.
Speaker 1: Excellent.
Speaker 2: I've got to say that it's not as much fun as it used to be because you used to have a ticket stub. Now you've got the thing that you printed out. Oh yeah, be scanned when Yeah, I don't keep those.
Speaker 1: No, it's not romantic. And the entertainment center ones used to have little drawing of the entertainment center. Yeah, just say you can remember where you've been of those, So anything that stands out. Can we play a song for you?
Speaker 2: Ah, I want to know you can play a song from the first concert that we went to as a couple. I think we went to see George Michael and yeah, that was very impressive. If he did Faith, Yeah he did, Yeah, Yeah, it was the Faith tour.
Speaker 1: And he was meant to open at the new Arena, wasn't He went the rectangular one that is now rac Remember he passed and Sir Elton subbed in for him, remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, Yeah, Yeah. And my wife would have I think she would have at least one set list from an Elton concert because she went to them all Yeah, and she would have been up the front from.
Speaker 1: The She's a soupernir She's dead well and John, thank you very much. Love to hear from your listeners. John Nichols will have Nichols Niche for us on Thursday. Please please please state isn't it for Johnny and Steph? Yeah? Ring in folks, do you have some concert memorabilia? So we spoke about the ac DC concert yesterday and a lot of our listeners really wanted to get along. Quite a few didn't for various reasons, either seen them before or not their cup of tea. But it is the it'll be the hottest ticket in town. I think Metallica's sold out, hasn't it, Jimmy, Yeah? Has?
Speaker 46: Their final release was a month ago. Yeah, and it's all gone now yeah November November, I think November fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you. So Metallica has sold out the ac DC concert tickets. They're about to go on sale soon. Do you have some concert memorabilia? Great, Todd.
Speaker 5: He Bowie.
Speaker 47: That's a pretty handy sub, wouldn't it be Elton John coming in off the Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good.
Speaker 47: Hey listen, Yeah, I've got a T shirt that I bought when I met my now part I know my wife in nine ninety seven in Calgooley Fella called Paul Kelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, ninety seven.
Speaker 47: It's brand new, never been worn. Actually, look it's looking a bit gray and sort of yellow and stuccer. It's been hanging in the cupboard all these years, but it's definitely brand new, never worn it, never worn it. And she she flames that she doesn't like Paul Kelly, and I reckon that's grounds for divorce.
Speaker 1: But so n ninety seven, what was he? What was his big material around? Then? Refresh my memory?
Speaker 30: Look oldies, but goodies?
Speaker 5: Weren't they were? They were?
Speaker 47: They were gravy He's making Who's going to make the gravy?
Speaker 41: Ye?
Speaker 47: Look, you know all of his old classics. I mean this is the late nineties.
Speaker 30: Yeah, like nineties.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, world, I made it big. You know what venue in Calgoley was it?
Speaker 47: It was the entertainment not the entertainment sener, Well it was I think we did call it the entertainment center. Yeah, the art center in cal Gurley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, word on Todd.
Speaker 5: It was just down the road, just down the road.
Speaker 47: I walked there, walked home, and I was thinking of her when I was walking home, and I had a brand new T shirt under the.
Speaker 1: Arm, so thinking of her walking home. He would have liked that. He would have written a song about that word untid. Cheers mate, never worn the T shirt that Thank you, Todd, Cheers mate. Paul Kelly.
Speaker 48: Said, it's gonna be an hundred degrees even more, maybe that one Stubb the road, who's gonna meet the greedy there?
Speaker 41: Now?
Speaker 21: Better?
Speaker 1: Thanks Todd? Excellent were mate. Twenty one and a half minutes to one o'clock. Do you have some concert memorabilia? Asking this today, given we know a little bit more about ACDC concert tickets, one hundred and thirty nine bucks will be the cheapest ones. There will be hospitality boosts available because of the venue. So yeah, a lot of our listeners do want to try and get along to that. I think it'll be the last time we see them. Hey, Mark has a report of a Wind and Bridge car accident.
Speaker 49: Could I Mark, I'm not a car accident. Just pulled over, broken down on left hand side. This so just to be cautious. He's tried to get over as far as he could. But yeah, just to be cautious.
Speaker 17: And that's all.
Speaker 1: Actually getting in towards actually on the bridge, mate, Yeah, just just as.
Speaker 49: You're close to them, as you go past the close as you're getting onto.
Speaker 1: The bridge station, right mister pushy, Yes, speak caution.
Speaker 49: No, I hadn't seen the push years and I just drove through and got off the phone until I can bring you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell you no way, Thanks mate, Thanks letting your list is not Thanks mate, have good, have a good day. Twenty and a half minutes to one o'clock. So the wind and Bridge left hand side as your head passed the power station, just be careful you might need to slow down through there. Did a memorabilia from a concert.
Speaker 37: With the go to guys to sleep out of the Intayment Center get tickets.
Speaker 1: You used to are used to.
Speaker 37: Yes, and so every concert we bought tickets for. Yeah, I've still every concert. Yeah, right, and I've also got a last dand T shirt which you hadn't worn yet.
Speaker 1: Last standards in colch is all ye, yeah nice. Ordinarily would you wear your concert T shirts? Iban?
Speaker 37: No, I know, I did, I know, I did, I did ordinarily. Yeah, but I had a really nice go on on one once. Yeah, sort of three quarters sleeve one. Yeah, they raised John. It was one of my favorites. Yeah, good award today.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see I Jim, you can find something from the last stand of course. Good for good on your ivan, Thank you mate, thanks for the call. Star Hotel from a culture played it three times the normal speed they played it on the studio album.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 46: I like this one because in the second Star Hotel right happened. My family were pramming me across really applauding the whole Shenanigans.
Speaker 1: Good on your ivan, good a, Jeff, Hi Simon, how are you?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good mate?
Speaker 19: Are you?
Speaker 43: I think you better look at who you employ their assitement?
Speaker 23: You know.
Speaker 5: I love this.
Speaker 43: I love your show and that Sean doesn't know who Freely is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's I think he's in his thirties, Jeff. He should know, shouldn't he?
Speaker 5: Really? Well?
Speaker 1: Maybe I think.
Speaker 43: Who doesn't know whose kisses? Okay, I've got a nice freely guitar. Pick a nice freely guitar.
Speaker 1: Pick a nice fly guitar pick.
Speaker 43: Yeah, yeah, I got it. You know that's one of millions that he threw out. Anyway, that's good. Yeah, well, yeah, I got when Entertainment Center, when they played at the Entertainment Center. I was only a kid, probably about fourteen.
Speaker 1: And yeah I enter that one, Jeff, I was still at school.
Speaker 17: I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you and I must be the same age, Jef.
Speaker 43: Yeah, I'm sixty Simon.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I come on a bit older than you. All right, Yeah, yeah, I was in year I think I was in year eleven. I think when when Kiss played out, loud, weren't they They were very loud.
Speaker 43: It was like it was the big thing in its time, wasn't it Kiss coming to Perth?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 43: Massive set get some YouTube for Sean and show showing Kiss.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks Jeff, Thanks, Sean, Sehn's coming it today. Sean Sean's finest moment and it wasn't with me it was with a previous presenter. Was Ill had to mention this Sean. Someone rang ins and Sean thinks he's an artist called Glenn Candle. You and I would probably know him as Glenn Campbell. But that was Sean's final Glenn Candle c A n D. Thanks Jeff, He's a bit of kiss for you, Jef. I I got any memorable your mate today?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 50: A few years ago, I was lucky enough. My cousin was the tour manager for Robert Plant when he came to Perth. He played down at Fremant for in a sort of a blues band, and I took my c D along foot with me and after the show, Gary my cousin introduced me to Robert Plan and he signed the He signed the c D.
Speaker 1: Wow, how good?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 1: Great and it's part of the A's part of that blues bandy And did he do some lead zipp and songs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: From memory he did.
Speaker 50: Uh not not stay Away to Heaven or anything like that, but some of the love key ones. He was very good, very very good. And I was lucky enough about it. Stand on the side of the stage where they were performing. I had a special past because of my cousin to a manager. I had a special pass band there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what they call it.
Speaker 1: A entry all access areas, triple A. It's one of the greatest greatest inventions known to man, Triple A. Yeah, I'm sure you have, and I had a couple of I get messages and emails about this all the time. Have you seen Heart the Girl Nancy and Anne Wilson do st in front of Barack Obama?
Speaker 5: Believe it is, isn't it?
Speaker 50: Oh, it's fantastic version.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When he was the about the Kennedy Center.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kennedy Center and they did this song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's unreal. All the guys in the bowler hats, guys and girls in the bowler hats. Thanks, I will don't make very good call. Thank you for the memories. Thanks all, come making just a second. I remember when Andrew Dentson made Stairway to Heaven like Comparity at the Elf Harris and everyone played it. Shouldn't have ID says four minutes to one o'clock. We'll come back in just a moment, Tim Leo, Simon, Michael or stay there. Do you have some memorabilia from a concert We know a little bit more about ac DC tickets today. There were one hundred and thirty nine bucks. Is the cheapest one? Do you have some concert memorabilia? Give us a call on the show one double three eight eighty two might win Call of the Day. Thanks listening in, Pete Reckons, Pete Reckons, I might have got it wrong about George Michael. Thanks Pete. I stand corrected. If this is the case, Pete, Thank you, mate. George Michael called in sick for the opening event of the arena. He didn't pass until about four years later. Thanks Pete. I have always labored under that misapprehension. Pete, I thought that was the case. Cheers mate, Thank you. Have you got some concert memorabilitia? Oliver Peterson joins us, Hello, Bowie, you got any, mate? I don't think so.
Speaker 40: I got like we like to collect programs from things we go. Yeah, yeah, so I've got lots of those, particularly musicals and the like, but I haven't got any concert memorable beer about a twelve man used to say, memorable beer, send this wonderful you know side bat by the Australian cricket team.
Speaker 1: I did an auction on Friday night with tiny Holli, Yes, and he's good. He's very good. Hello Tiny, if you're listening ten minutes to one o'clock, what do you have for us today?
Speaker 40: On Bellie this afternoon, we're going to talk about the illegal illicits market of cigarettes because it's about to have a take the regulated market. But the black market is huge, massive, to the point that's there may be some whispers that some of the big cigarettes companies are about to pull out of the major supermarket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's where it's headed to alls.
Speaker 40: And if you think about, if you are a smoker, how much you have to pay now for a packet of cigarettes? Have we just taxed people out of the opportunity to buy which is still a legal product. Hen's why they go to the black market in such huge numbers. So we'll get into that today. Hank youngins along from Services Australia just in time for the end of financial years, so you might want to ask him some questions around your welfare payments, your pension and the likes that make the most of his time. Consumer Protect a pulse of h Jane mcnama from the NBN to join us today and the fact is coming out from the energy supplies, Bowie.
Speaker 1: That guess what, We're going to need more power. We're going to need more power. I saw a young fellow on a bus the other day with a plastic bag full of illegal cigarettes.
Speaker 40: Not surprising everywhere there if.
Speaker 1: I don't know where to get them, but I would imagine in the same place you can get your vape, so I would think.
Speaker 40: Probably, you know, you probably go to places like Facebook, Marketplace just typing cigarettes and yeah you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, I'll just Oliver used there. Would you jump on a plane at the moment? Could you give us the yes nose please, Olie through the Middle East.
Speaker 12: The yes is a forty one in the nose of twenty eight.
Speaker 1: You're a yes, yeah, I go yeah. In fact, the guard have to go yeah, all right, yeah no, would I like to go?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Thanks wonder five today career best form, Oliver Peterson. Let's go back to the phones. Do you have some memorability? Out a get a tim Hi, Simon, how are you good mate? What have you got?
Speaker 31: I've got a nineteen eighty back in Black concert book. Well, I've got a frame. I actually went to the show and at the end of the show I was at the back of the entertainment center when I smoked back in the day with a friend of mine, and then the exit door opened, two guys came out, and those two guys with Brian Johnson and Angus Angus Youn, they came out, had a cigarette with us and they signed my concert book form.
Speaker 1: Had a dark there in the alleyway.
Speaker 31: Yeah, yeah, very surreal, but it was a brief concert.
Speaker 1: A great record too, isn't it. It's a really, really really good album. Yeah, sure, he's mate, world at tim. I remember so I left school in nineteen eight, you know, nineteen seventy nine, and I remember ninety ninety was huge because of that record. Here it is Leo hell am mate, Hello Leah? Can you hello? Mate?
Speaker 5: How are you sorry? Mate?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 19: Look.
Speaker 3: I don't have memorabilia, but I do have a great memory. Nineteen seventy two, seventy three and I was fifteen and sixteen. Somehow we ended up all night up and we ended up in the City Square in Melbourne, Flinders Flinders and Colin Street. I think it is and we we you know, it's dawn, so there's nobody else around. We hear the sound of It's a long way to the shop. And the next thing, a tray truck appears and it's got a C d C on the back of it, right, and they're they're belting out it's a lot, it's a long way to the shop. And anyway, I was there and they were filming the video, which is in existence if you want to look it up. It's them on the back of the truck. Melbourne.
Speaker 1: We talked about it last week. They're remaking it. They're going to remake it.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I hope I could be there for the remake because I was there for the original.
Speaker 37: Right.
Speaker 3: That's one of my amazing memories. And I wasn't even I didn't even know who they were at the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one, mate. Well only huge or true? Thanks Leo. Here it is. I think we spoke to James Morley about this last week, who plays in Bond, but not forgotten. He said, Brian Johnson's retired that song. He's never ever sung it. Thanks Leo. They're remaking it, mate. The City of Melbourne cheers, but could they Donovan?
Speaker 5: Yeah, good Simon now a good thank you. Oh my very first concert ever was in excess. That was the calling or nations. So it was about eighty eight for the Kick.
Speaker 51: Kick album at the Entertainment Center and thirst there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 51: I was probably only about twelve or thirteen and managed to score to get in there because my brother was unhatle to make it, so I went with all of his friends. So they had guys during the media concert that had guys crawling around the roof there with big plastic been full of the words out of some media and they were just pouring him out of the crowd.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, I got the word fabricate. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still got it. Yeah, Yeah, nice, good, good, yarn mate, Thank you Donald, thanks for phoning in.
Speaker 5: Here we go love be.
Speaker 1: You fire black Steed Tree Again. Ollie likes a bit of an excess bit of me. You'll hear some inexcess tunes in Perth Life. The Savo good a rusty Soimon, How am I going?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Rusty on you?
Speaker 13: You would be?
Speaker 9: I heard you talking to Olie about what was the tiny Holly. Yes, yeah, he got the magic legs like Lieutenant Dan, he.
Speaker 1: Has he's got two magic legs.
Speaker 6: Yeah he has You ever met his older brother?
Speaker 39: No?
Speaker 9: Yes, you have have I Yeah that's me.
Speaker 43: Really now, Yeah, yeah, that's me.
Speaker 23: I'my's older brother.
Speaker 8: But I wouldn't bring up about Tiny.
Speaker 9: I was ringing up nineteen eighty seven, I think it was. We went to Fleetwood Mac at the Entertainment Center and boys at a great time.
Speaker 10: We're a ball.
Speaker 9: We've driven down from Gero, went to the casino afterwards at Birdswood and we're having a drink mucking around and there's John mc vee and Mick Fleet were just on the public floor playing blackjack. So I just cruised on over told Mick how good he was and how great the concert was. And I've got a Fleetwood Mac ticket with his name signature on it. I'm just going to sell it once he carts it.
Speaker 1: But thanks mate. He nice that you got the same voice. You and Tiny got the same voice. Thanks Rusty, cheers, buddy. Here we go running late. Now we'll come back and let you know who's one caller of the day back in a second. Thanks for phoning in today to all of our listeners. I think Sue is our caller of the day today, ranging about kid sports. Thank you, Sue. You've got a double pass. The LightScape Sue, maybe you have a date night. We've got the tickets. Lightscapes back, bigger and better than ever up in Kings Park, Radio beams, color flowers, blossoms, and immersive landscape. Delicious food and drinks for you too, Sue, Enjoy under the stars. Muld Wine toasted marshmallows for your night out. Thanks Sue, Thanks for being our winner. See you tomorrow.