Speaker 1: Now you're listening to us straight. You're overnight with Patta.
Speaker 2: What a week so far? Hey, Holy moly, a week, A lot to talk about, and very cold too. It's been wet and cold and dark and windy. On Pat Panetta. I'm in the big, the big chair, the big broadcasting chair for Tony McManus this morning, filling in Australia overnight. Now Tony has today off, Thursday, tomorrow, Friday. He's okay. It was a planned break as far as I know. But but is that noise? I was just talking to Dennis Walter on three W about noises, people making comveras. That's the Italian in my old Italian relatives would say when they didn't know something.
Speaker 3: Is it just?
Speaker 2: I'm sure cultures do that. Different cultures make different noises, don't they they when they talk? Am I doing that right?
Speaker 3: Bert?
Speaker 2: I've heard some cultures sort of mu anyway, different noises when you in conversation one double three six nine three. Yeah, A bit like those nonsense lyrics that you hear in songs. But we often make, don't we sounds and noises different cultures and things, or maybe someone you know in conversation. I reckon. That'll be fun. One double three six nine three. So welcome to the show. Yeah, here we go. It's Australia every night, Thursday, the twenty sixth of June, isn't it? Yeah, twenty twenty five. What's on your mind? Joined the conversation? You can phone now on that number one double three six nine three. Now I'm a new face here for the weekday show, but jumping Joy's year behind the glass. There somebody you know and love. Jay's regular sorry, Tony's regular producer. Jay is here for you. And here's the first voice you'll hear when your phone the program. Now, don't watch online, don't go to three AW dot com dot au and watch a live stream because I'm very scruffy this morning, and I don't smell.
Speaker 4: Very good either.
Speaker 2: I don't think see when I do the weekend show. So normally do the weekend program of Australia every night, and I've got my routine so I'm used to it. I get home, I have a shower, get radio, come back in for the show, into the studios. Now this fill in job on the Thursday, which I'm excited about. And as I say, it was in the roster for a little while, so looking forward to doing a few days in a row. Today tomorrow on the weekend, so being midweek. I was in my office during the day today so late afternoon, couldn't quite get sort of back to home. Needed to have a nap because things got busy throughout the day and my mum's place is near the office, which is in the west of Melbourne, so went there for a bit of a nap so it's more convenient. So I've had I've basically napped in my clothes in the spare room and here I am arriving about seven pm before you know, going to weir. So don't watch online because I'm very scruffy and yeah, and slept in my clothes. Now. The universal law is when you this is like the unbreakable law. I don't know why, when you wear your pajamas to the supermarket, or you're scruffy, or you think I'll just try to get away with it. Today you meet somebody that is either the boss, could be like an ex partner, somebody you don't want to see. You'll see when you're sort of just trying to scoot in and out of the supermarket. I'm just expecting somebody the big boss of nine Radio to walking today and say, okay, Pat, I've coming to magic. So there you way? Am I right? Is that? Does that happen to you when you want to just sneaking? You might just you know, you get your pajamason or whatever. One double three six' nine. THREE i don't know why it is a universal. Law it's just something that just. Happens AND i don't. Know do you? Agree give us a. Belm we'll talk about that. Now to start us off as well on the, program if you want to do some straight talking and clear the air and, vent and you, know if you feel a bit like you're ready, ja if you want to do some straight talking and. Vent if you feel a bit like, this there is Mister. Trump if you feel a bit like this and you want to do some straight, talking get it off your. Chest just what you have a. CHANCE i don't want.
Speaker 4: To, say don't know what they're. Doing do you understand that.
Speaker 2: It's a very serious. Situation but if You i'm just, thinking if you really want to do some straight, talking get it off your chest if you're ready. To if you feel if you feel like something out there is making you feel like. This there is, again the Straight Talk hotline is open one double three six'. Nine three if something out there in the world is making you feel, like this that have been.
Speaker 5: Fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what, they're doing do you understand.
Speaker 2: That you can you can phone us if you want to do a bit of straight talking just to get just to clear the air just before we get into. The day not, jive talking which we'll play later for the BG's some some straight Talking on australia. OVER night I guess i've got an example of some straight talking. For you it's definitely. NOT they i don't know what the f. They're doing this Is something i'm wont telling you. To tick we'll get some calls one double three six' nine three as they come through, my straight talking, which is BASICALLY well should? I Mention, it jay uh it's. A little thing but. Voice warm ups stop doing the voice Warm ups and. I'll tell you i've got. My Office again so i'm in the office. During the week it's in. A creative space it's like a Shared space where i've rented out a room for my studio and it's my little MEDIA business that i do. During, the week anyway just next, door to me there's a rehearsal studio and there's great. Young people there should have Mentioned. This to dennis maybe not. Great young people they're rehearsing for a show because they're. Doing a show And Of course dennis WALTER from three ow is a great performer as well as well as a radio PERSON. On three ow and Anyway they're doing i'll get, in there early, AND you know i, might BE strong and i, might be TIRED and might i have. To do things they're forever doing these voice warm ups because they're singing. In the show it's like la la la la. All the time it's like your voice is warm stoff doing voice warm ups. All the time so. There you go it's. My straight talking so something. Big or small tell us what you need to get off your. Chest this morning we'd. Love to know now a great show on the way for your listening pleasure. Again This Morning so chicken Man and a Place, in the sun, our radio serial will continue this morning and return the normal elements of the show here what will happen Next in a Place in the Sun and also Chicken. On The way nine News is Ed. Godfrees In israel jonathan KURZLEY'S. In the us we'll check in and get the very Latest From the middle EAST and the us with an updated sort of discussion and live discussion on the. Program this Morning also on australia Overnight. End OF Brady the uk report will be, here This Morning So british prime minister and a whole bunch of people OF, course at nato so we'll, Talk about, that i'm sure And whatever else enda will bring to us later THIS Morning the uk report with the great our very Own. End Of Brady, On Australia overnight jumping jay will keep us posted with the cricket there is they're walking out on the pitch, as we speak. Is my Understanding Australia. Versus West indies sam constance as The Opener replacing marnus labashane and let's see how. The cricket goes we'll keep an eye on. That of, COURSE this Morning Us Expert professor aiden Warren From ro mit university. Will join us we'll have a bit, of a discussion a Robust Discussion with adam warren about The. Bombing in iran his feeling is that it, was you, know high risk. High stakes, there you know it could have been avoided or should. Have been avoided so we'll have a, chat About that and i'd love to hear what, You think too what will, the fallout be what's going?
Speaker 6: To?
Speaker 2: Happen? Next should should those bombers have Been sent to iran a few days ago now and it's a very volatile changing situation. Back and, Forth But anyway aiden warren will join. Us about That MOVIES. With, shane a, bassett afl Footy Tips of damian tardio and all the news and information you need to welcome in, a new day including what's in the papers as we head towards sort of four thirty five thirty am ish one double three. Six nine three thanks for, Being, patient there arthur how?
Speaker 7: Are?
Speaker 8: You good?
Speaker 9: Bad good day be on board And good morning jay and listeners are speaking. Of that, bombing you know it's suggested that it's going to contribute, to petrol crisis which you probably already know rocketing sky high up to two thirty eight to. Two, fifty, leaders yes yes they were.
Speaker 2: TALKING about that i wonder if the seaz fire means that maybe, that won't happen but they've gone up already petrol price has. Gone, up already yeah it's a bit of, a selfish, thought of course because it's a terrible conflict that's. Going on, there but yeah it's going to affect, Petrol, prices there arthur. THAT'S your job.
Speaker 9: I saw want to use where you, use the word they, cut it out but THEN on THE abc because i say. LET it go i was surprised they. Put that one yeah.
Speaker 2: On SOCIAL media when i, first, saw, it thought ah look are you? Offended by it when YOU hear the f bomb? On the radio put in it.
Speaker 9: All THE time but i just know about radio. AND media laws i thought there'll be some sort of laws to. Cut, IT out well.
Speaker 10: I tell you.
Speaker 2: What it is some of them. Correct me on this is interesting, because of course you know we sort of it is what you do on the radio that. Offends your audience and?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 2: This right jay, over the journey certain words have become. Not as offensive so this is. An adult program I'm not saying i'm going TO drop the f bomber and this is sort of this is. An adult program most of the kiddies. Are in bed if it snuck through it's. A bit heavy we don't want. It to happen it's not like it. Used to. Be YOU'RE right when i, started in radio when You, STARTED to arthur i think you'd be a gunner if you. Let that getaway but now what we are offended. By is, different so. Interesting isn't it that's. Basically the rule if it, defends your audience and you know a reasonable person will sort of Determine it and. I'll, Be fired.
Speaker 9: OKAY and before i let you get to, the NEXT call did i ever tell you the joke We played with JIMMY'S pajamas when i FINISHED doing A, DJ sup well i finished putting a craze of records away and, with a, mate he said put your bike in a back, off the BIRD Which was. HQ romaro finished i WENT to the vp and he ran around and his pajamas at three in the morn they can. Make the work There was mister fier, scratching HIS head so i went to get a fuel, up jim head but he was in the car and he. Dressed up again we put the boot back in the car, and he said your brother was riding here at three. In, the morning, well that's funny. He's with ME how can i?
Speaker 11: But going bad right.
Speaker 2: There, you go yeah, that's always fun sort of tricking somebody and they think. They go, mad your pajamas especially with this, cold weather too, with this, cold wintery weather, your pajamas on, your rug, boots your onesie. All rugged up now there's sort of something quite. Nice, About that Laz chris and darryl and you on one double three. Six nine three let's have a. Chat after All this the thursday Morning edition of Australia of A Night, on pat panella Filling in. For tony mcmanace jay is. Here as well great to have you company and thanks for listening as we take your calls on that number one double three. Six nine three Laz, is, in, Perth, Day, Lads.
Speaker 12: Pat Hey, gollo, lasm well yeah the.
Speaker 13: Weather's.
Speaker 2: Beautiful HERE yeah well I Spoke To bowie simon bowie AT six p r during the day and he told me the weather Was. Okay in perth it's a little bit on the winter east side and a few other places around The. Joint in australia but, there You are.
Speaker 14: Beautiful, perth love yeah we've got sunny skies, during the day a bit cold, in the morning but. Not too bad i'm sitting outside. Of the moment so that's. NOT too bad.
Speaker 2: I love to be out there sittings, With, You, now las yeah, it is.
Speaker 14: Beautiful absolutely beautiful what are?
Speaker 2: You looking at what are? You looking at what are? You looking at what do you when? You gaze out what? Can?
Speaker 12: You, SEE oh well i can, see, the.
Speaker 14: Moon YES do and i see a lot.
Speaker 2: Of trees, right oh gee you're in. A good spot. They're very, nice.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah on the outskirts the Town, here on guildford so we've got a, lot of big big gum, trees and whatever and so it's pretty. Good Back there so i've got the train going past end, of the airport so the planes are going, over as well so.
Speaker 2: It's all happening. OH that's great. I like that you've done, well THERE least so i.
Speaker 14: CUT you off i never lay around this part, of the world. That's for, sure but mate that was interesting what you're saying before about what people say, in. DIFFERENT cultures right i just.
Speaker 2: Thought OF that when i WAS because when i Was thinking about tony, mcka WAS like but i don't know what do that, Where he Is but the italians would do that.
Speaker 14: Sort, of noise yeah, It Is mate and i'm married To a, beautiful Kwe. Girl, She's mary yeah and they always say.
Speaker 2: There you go, chur right right terrors like is teruror, IS like okay i see. There you.
Speaker 14: Are yeah okay but My, family, is spanish right and and and we we go to say, the same thing we.
Speaker 15: Go, oi right well that's, like the yeah the chant the Yourses?
Speaker 16: Do?
Speaker 2: Oi, SPANISH yeah, YEAH i.
Speaker 14: Know i know and and Went on with spanish. Family they go.
Speaker 2: So it's it's like?
Speaker 17: Joy is?
Speaker 2: It you know when you are they when are? They using it when they just when, you're cheering somebody or when you're trying to get someone's.
Speaker 14: Attention somebody says, Something, funny, WHATEVER.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay i guess it's a. Shortcut in.
Speaker 14: Language it is it, is quite. Amazing quite amazing and every culture has their own little, question they do.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: THEY do yeah i wonder if there's somebody WHO'S listening with, i don't know they've just got a friend or a family member who does something a bit weird with. Noises and. Language we'll see get on your, last thanks Mate we have. I'VE spoken before. I don't Think maybe Because I'm, DOING tony.
Speaker 16: Show i probably get a.
Speaker 14: Few weeks, back, maybe, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: No do you oft, you phone? OFTEN don't you, I can say i can Tell.
Speaker 14: YOU'VE been yeah I speak to tony every now and then and whatever and all the rest. Of the, crew, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, Thank you mate, well. Done, there lads Megie thank. You Lassie boy, uh meggie says have a little hesitation re not GETTING dressed if i. Don't need to re not GETTING dressed if i, don't need to even with support workers and visitors only. With, rare exceptions. YEAH that's right i always like to because. OF that rule i was always told as soon as, you dressed down. You'll meet somebody you'll go into work one day AND you'll think i won't, wear me time won't, wear me suit and the bust. Will, come in uh. People, KNOW me meanwhile i choose to remain. Warm, and comfortable. Yeah that's right it's good. To be, Comfy. Thank you maggie chris, in BROAD Meadays get.
Speaker 18: I chris that i was speaking. To you again in the middle of another five or Six Day lovers tiff Ohno.
Speaker 2: The, lovers, TIFF well people i know you ran across the week in the weekend you had what happened last time you played a joking or you said something you'll really.
Speaker 18: Prior to the fifth or Sixth Race On saturday's Rasis and if i'm having a wink Or, SAY teddy bear i really, do LOVE you, and, i Say, well teddy bee want to tell you about. A beautiful Song it's Called unchained my heart that goes hand in hand with. Another all time, hit, my telephone baby unplug.
Speaker 2: My telephone on, block on block so you. Cut, OUT there, well i reckon this is. YOUR love language i. Heard this, recently you know it's sort of it's it's you're tiffing, with. Your partner tiffing you're finding, with your partner having a little love. Sort of tiff, but it's, playful it's playful and it's just saying to each other we.
Speaker 18: Love, each other yeah it's. A lover's tiff BUT every time i go up, to THE front and i was, CERTAIN there yesterday, i Said, this you tony were with this, work class, person you too fifty. Times A day and i looked at the signs on the side of his current he works for some type. Of pest control not, what he's doing.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of rets and mice around on with pistol or this. Stuff with Pistrol, you.
Speaker 18: Christ bos please don't add ed, figmore, but, no no NO just sometimes i have to get. The, front right yes it wasn't TOO bad to i got in aspect and because of THE, cost of faba they had. Been ABOUT it so i feel really. Closed on they but They Used that donald trunk. Expleted last night we're not talking About The Cant. And football Club They said donald trump's got something to say, about the, cult all right They're.
Speaker 2: Using the sandbarte well it is It is the sandbot of the so far or, the Uh Yeah well sam biden video in what where do they use that on one of? The, FOOTY shows.
Speaker 18: Yeah i make the references about the count football. Lots Of trouble donald trump has a personal Gesture, for the.
Speaker 2: Well it's probably BEEN overused and, i just thought let's play.
Speaker 19: One.
Speaker 2: More time jay if you feel a bit like this and you want to do some straight talking phone now one double three. Six nine three they don't know what the.
Speaker 14: Fuck they're doing do?
Speaker 2: You, understand that okay if you feel that about, something or, somebody you know we don't want to send a negative tone but it just give. Off your chest we're. Here for you jay's in The booth and I'm feeling for tony mack one double three. Six Nine. Three thanks chris darryl's. In, Packing. Them hi, darryl good EVENING or should i?
Speaker 20: Say good morning how about we call the segment on an ongoing basis and they don't know what the, heck they're doing and then next way it'll be and we won't be accused of being a Close Cousin. Of graham. Kennedy thank. You, that's right yeah the recollect that there now just as a follow up from the other. Fellow they're seeing it's the.
Speaker 21: Lay at night.
Speaker 20: We're waffling there i've been made for only forty, nine nine years And every time i've had a tiff, With my wife i've never considered it to be. A LOVER'S tiff so i think that's just a figment.
Speaker 2: Of our imagination but some people the relationships, has that dynamic if YOU know, what i mean the. Back and forth it sounds like it might be a bit of a bit of a thing with him and, His partner anyway so your finds that you wouldn't describe as. A lover's tiff.
Speaker 20: It'll be disagreement it's just easy to say sorry, and move.
Speaker 2: On Isn't it cook.
Speaker 20: They don't know what the. Heck they're doing i'd like to point this At the. Current alan government they're increasing taxes and, levies on homes in. Particular investment properties and now the reason for that is it's pushing investors out of the market further increasing the Rental sword is now that's on, A state basis on, a national basis you've got the influx, of immigration there SO there and i so. That's SIMPLY bizarre and i just made a quick link of people who require qualifications to do their to, their job accountant, small eage, breakers financial planners. Bankers and coincidence it's the biggest belief that you can enter politics and be. Basically, financially literate yeah.
Speaker 16: Perhaps that's right perhaps that's perhaps.
Speaker 20: That's the problem is that you get you get what you deserve when you vote for these. Types of people, THERE.
Speaker 2: So well, I guess so, but you're right our politicians they're looking. After a portfolio but there, are many occasions, while you're right not qualified in the area that. THEY'RE looking after i know they've got the, administration behind, them but yeah and pretty, oh look leaders it's hard to. Find GREAT leaders and i don't want to, be too negative but sometimes you do, see some politicians especially in. MORE local councils i mean really and also, start you think well where did this person? Pop up from my buddy grandmother could do a.
Speaker 11: Bit, of job well it's interesting to talk.
Speaker 20: About GREAT leaders and i know that you can't really compare, income to ability but you can basically work on the tunnels and earn more money than what you. Can in politics and unfortunately they're the sorts of people.
Speaker 22: That, we're getting.
Speaker 2: Yes maybe all the politicians are working on the big build and the tunnels on government projects because they're getting more money than they would. As a politician we're losing all the good. People to that there's also the argument or the problem that the public sector is paying so much over the odds for people to do all the stuff they required to do so that it's so lucrative to work. For the government it's sucking the people out of, the private sector if YOU know, what i mean, because, They're thinking well i'll go and work in that role holding the, sign Or whatever because i'm making two. Fifty a YEAR why would i work at another job making eighty thousand? Dollars a year and it's really just messing up the whole sort of free market, sort of process if YOU know. What, I mean yes and on.
Speaker 20: Top and on top of that local governments in particular the, work FROM home since covid is giving people such a i'll call it a great. WORK life balance i don't, like Them saying but i'll go with that work life balance that they're wanting to stay home they can work for the councils and the productivity that you're now getting out, of the, councilors and well the three tiers of government being, the, local council state, and federal government there's. There's nobody there and you can actually add on to that the banking sector now and if you if you, go TO banks Which i found i'll find is very interesting that if you go to go to, a bank now you don't see the working hours there because YOU'VE got a qr code that you have to click on to and that the the disarmony and upset that elderly people get THROUGH that or i.
Speaker 2: CAN'T stand it. I hate that SO where's the qr code on the door to. The, opening hours yes, oh my god well they. Can't print more open from ten am till five point thirty pm. On the door you've got TO do. The, qr code.
Speaker 20: Yes it's just it's it's going.
Speaker 17: Bad of it it.
Speaker 2: Is the thing all day we're going to, take you know you forever on your, device all day. Plugging things in then you've got to go. To the bank you've got to pick it up. Again, That phone actually i'm LOOKING at a qr code on. Score ON news another qr code and the SAME thing with.
Speaker 4: I had TO.
Speaker 2: Program the tv the person that lived with me doesn't live, with ME anymore and i had to sort OF fix the tv to watch some sort of streaming thing for this whole sort. Of, radio show, anyway Gone home and i've got TO do. Another qr, CODE i'm Thinking i think i'll. Just watch YouTube i'll just. Read A, Book, thanks darryl Theresa lenn and mark and. Also your calls we'd love to. Hear from you what's? On your mind one double three six known Three Phone now pat ptany McManus taking your, calls all, night all morning all. ACROSS the nation i say that. On the weekend we're sort of all, across the Nation don't we it's a bit, different this program but we've got a Big chunk. Of Australia LISTENING So. Grow tv company teresa is on The. Line, In, perth TERESA hello and.
Speaker 23: I hope you're okay with YOUR health, And, I am.
Speaker 2: Teresa i'm okay.
Speaker 4: Thanks for.
Speaker 23: Asking it's okay i'm phoning up About This. Lunatic donald, trump he all he does his, mouthing to EVERYONE and all, i, can say yes he Is. Another at hitler.
Speaker 2: Oh that's going. A bit far i've. Heard that before he's.
Speaker 23: Not, far behind well.
Speaker 2: The emails, Will. COME through, Teresa i reckon i've seen some of the. EMAILS come through i think someone says. On, THIS program look i think that's unfair, To. SAY that teresa i mean to. Make, the comparison. Look he's volatile he. Keeps people. Guessing he's seeing What he's doing america is the poor?
Speaker 23: People get less they were so to. A security people he talk a, bit of money give It.
Speaker 2: To mister musk as he's taken. All their money he's given It. TO mister musk I, Think, MISTER musk terresa i got, to Tell you mister musk has got a lot. OF money already i don't think he. Needs, A bit well, I, guess yeah okay it's all gone to, his bank, Account. All, right terresa look it is an interesting thing to. Watch he is he is. A volatile leader remember that he, was voted in as, it will, say a Mandate or the american people wanted him to do certain things like, the immigration problem these. SORTS of, stuff i mean have you ever seen politicians talk like? He he did now? Did, it work look people can help me on. THE phone number i. Guess it did there was a cease fire and then it only lasted. A few hours and then he's come out there and said, what he said And, he phoned israel didn't he and, said come on turn, those jets around all that. Sort, Of, stuff anyway. LOOK who knows i can tell you, That Our guest aidan WARREN, FROM r m i t agrees with you in a way that, it's high, risk high stakes and there's different ways. Of doing things you didn't need, to do, that so anyway that's coming up later. On the Program, Linz in, Melton hi there lin?
Speaker 9: Any?
Speaker 11: Mate, again pat, Yeah good mate i'm.
Speaker 12: Good, that's great.
Speaker 11: Uh, your previous call and that don't. Agree for all. He slapped them he slapped them and they've gone. On the tables then that's a good thing and that's what you've. Got to do and now one's Done That Since. World war, two but anyway. Get, ANY things Look i Love. ARTHUR and jim i. Love their calls jim wants. To be stragling if We're, STRIVING to dennis i think we're throwing. A better program i think he's trying. To get you we're talking black. And, WHITE movies yeah.
Speaker 2: I think so i had been To. Listening, to DENNIS.
Speaker 11: Yeah and i think what we get To Do. Was the Untouchables and the untouchables was the. Start of That Share was robert stack and people said he had the one thousand at one thousand Yards there and i'll, tell you what you watch an episode of that, when he stairs he's got, that stare right what?
Speaker 2: Was his name We're Gonna. Get, robert stack oh, There We go robert STACK movies. And tv shows there he is There, from the untouchables which is a MOVIE or, A Tv SERIES the untouchables tv series right, with old. Detectives that's right final. Here we go this. Episode includes musicians what's, THE plot anyway, i Guess. Yeah the, untouchables of course he was detectives and they were fighting the mob. And all that very easier that stare, with those eyes.
Speaker 11: The ST through and i went for, another, seven, yards, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay you've got to got to photo of him as a, young man here very. HANDSOME young, man i, guess you know if you're an actor and all that, sort of stuff it's good to. Look like. That it was it was The. THEME for untouchables, A good theme i.
Speaker 11: THINK it was, I can't actually i can't bring it to mine. AT the name i had a pretty, good all right then you.
Speaker 2: Bring, it, up yeah yeah we'll have to see here we go with that when we're going to play with the music, as we go maybe to. News as well, Thank You there lenn mark's Been Patient, IN, werribehi, MARK.
Speaker 24: Ok look i was just going to say, with, THAT that uh i don't know.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 24: THEY'RE doing yep i wonder the same thing as that five percent on military.
Speaker 2: Five per military spend or your phone's at, so, flash yep.
Speaker 24: Yeah, sorry about, That, YOU know ukraine i think they've spent more than five PERCENT of their, gdp so far if you've got like all these Countries, There, Like, Romania slovakia estonia pole and all those sort of, others around dates and you give them up PERCENT of their, gdp and arsenal if he turned on, all of them he just takes their weaponry and tends it on the. Next opposing, doors they're all you're really leading them up to give their, weaponary, open.
Speaker 2: Rush, right right okay your phone is he's really, thought, About that right so he's saying, to other nations spend more. ON your defense i think we spent about two percent? Or, did he yeah they want we spent about TWO. Percent of gdp he wants us to go. Maybe even less but You're. Sore, an ireland yeah. Well that's.
Speaker 24: Right they're different they're right next door.
Speaker 4: To, of course.
Speaker 2: Yes that's right they've got. To spend more. Opens, off, them yeah okay so you're sort, of, Saying that well TRUMP or the us are saying you need to look out hisself and. Spend some more but then they're taking the. Weapons off them but THAT'S not, really i mean if you see, IT that, way i mean that's just not you shouldn't be spending less on your defense because you think someone's going to take. It from you you want to make sure.
Speaker 24: They don't just spend the status quiet because. No, one's taken well what's the?
Speaker 2: Status? Quiet more, yeah, All, right sorry mark not. A great look, you're fair, ENOUGH fair enough i. Can thank. You MAKE, well the Us With this america first has basically, said to everyone including THEIR, allies like us stop bludging off US, at the us and spend more on. Your own defense. That's basically, it, he's saying, well you know we're not going to, prop you, up you. Know spend More, and mister, albanez, he said well we won't, be he said we won't be told by other people. What, to spend remember the federal governmany is also high spending lots of promises, from last, election in particular so to pour that, money into defense they're resisting doing that because they've committed to a whole bunch. Of other stuff rob is. On the line We'll talk to rob and one double three. Six nine three lots of. Stuff coming up we've got a prize for, you as well and, a few guests and we'll check in with our nine News reporters in israel And The us chicken man and. The radio serial all that and more coming up. In your calls one double three six nine Three Phone now thursday Morning Edition Of Australian ravenight Pat Pinetta For tony mac one double three six nine three is. My phone number the text line is zero four double seven six nine three. Six nine three text line's. A bit slow we're getting a few bit. Of action there if you want to flip me a text zero four double seven six nine three six nine three or the phone number one double three. Six nine three Rob, Has phoned rob Good.
Speaker 22: Morning. Past gally.
Speaker 2: Yes, during the week it's at a bit of a different pattern for me Filling In. For tony mack.
Speaker 25: What time's are the world famous news in the?
Speaker 2: Week or, Yeah, the quiz yeah that's right. On, the weekend, look that's right you're you're one of. Our quiz masters are Just. Talking to jay we might give away a. Prize next hour, No quizzes yet just. Live with me i'm working on a few elements over the. Next few days.
Speaker 25: One of, my observations Is Let's Take, Glen. Prairie road hawthorne there's lots of, food, outlets right yeah and they have, chairs and tables but none of those food outlets seem to. Have a toilet if you want to go, to the toilet you've got to. Go to McDonald's and if you, own to McDonald's a. Toilet are locked you have to go to the counter and ask if you can.
Speaker 22: Use, their toilet, no.
Speaker 2: Unlock it okay mac is A pretty good another place.
Speaker 25: You have to go the cinemas or the only other places that have toilets are a. La CARTE restaurants so i don't know if. You've noticed that.
Speaker 2: Because you're, ON the road i know you're out sort of. OFTEN moving around i, do the same and it's always nice to know where the. PUBLIC torns are i sort of drink tea and, water all day depending. ON my day.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 2: Have noticed that isn't there a rule that you need a toilet at a? RESTAURANT or something.
Speaker 25: I, would, HAVE thought, like I know when i used to, have a building one of the requirements was you used. To have, RESTROOMS you know i used to even have to have. A disabled restroom you used to have regular toilets. For both sexes it, Doesn't seem.
Speaker 2: No you're right there's some little cafes and things which don't you, HUNDRED percent right i wonder. If it's nearby sometimes you'll ask, and, they'll say oh there's a park, across the road or it's down the is there?
Speaker 25: Country over there.
Speaker 2: There you go but you would have the places you'd go to if. You like me you, sort of, know you know once You drive, around melbourne enough you, Sort, Of go okay I'll Go to ALBERT park because i know there's, a you know there's a public toilet just at the middle of. The park there so you know your little spots where you can and, can't Go, there rob.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but Certain times.
Speaker 26: Oh.
Speaker 20: I'm.
Speaker 2: VERY limited yes i used to work at a petrol station, many years, ago and. Yeah that's right people would walk in even then with the servo servos used to always have. Toilets in there sometimes they won't allow you. To, do that yeah. There you go.
Speaker 25: There is there they're, locked up there.
Speaker 2: They're locked up some cities are. BETTER than Others, i reckon melbourne. That's something else there's a lot, of you know We. Do love melbourne it's. A beautiful city you had a friend that was visiting on the weekend and reminded me that we do live in. A BEAUTIFUL city but i reckon there's that's An other thing I'VE noticed. When i travel is it just, that to, differ you know just Maybe To Even? New, south wales ah just clean the toilets and if you're, in the city or you could walk into a building and. There it is is that Something that's letting victoria? Down as well access to those. SORTS of things i don't know one double three? Six nine three? Is that it rob anything else?
Speaker 27: On?
Speaker 25: Your mind nah that was just a topic that afford ray and being caught out a few times trying to.
Speaker 2: Find, a toilet yes do. You walk in i'll walk into A cafe and. I'll last First i'll say i'll. Buy a coffee i'll get a cup of, tea or something because it's always nice. To buy something but sometimes you assume you can, use the toilet but then they don't add one and then you're, in, Trouble, anyway, mate interesting, Interesting good man, Thank you Well. Thank you rob and we'll see how we go on. Those quizzes too robert often. Plays, the quiz now let's look at some. Weather For, you at thursday the Twenty sixth Of, june, in perth today a sunny day with the top of twenty. Degrees right now It's, seven in adelaide a partly cloudy day with a top of Fifteen. Today for thursday right now. It's eleven degrees melbourne a sharer of two and thirteen degrees currently seven point Seven. Degrees for melbourne hobart partly cloudy in fourteen Degrees right now. Hobart on Seven in aubu, wadonga mourning, frost partly cloudy top of twelve down. To Zero overnight in canberra mourning, frost partly cloudy top of eleven down to minus Five overnight to. Canberra right now canberra sitting on. Minus One, degrees in woollongong partly. Cloudy in sixteen sydney becoming cloudy in sixteen degrees right now nine Point. Five in sydney newcastle. Shower two seventeen brisbane a sunny day top of twenty degrees. Today currently fourteen townsville sunny and twenty seven cans becoming cloudy. Twenty seven degrees darwin mostly sunnay thirty Two Degrees and olie spring sunny. Today nineteen degrees your calls on, one double three six nine three will take a break and go to news and. Return after news maybe give you a chance to. Win a prize we've got. A prize here we'll think of something for you to. Win that prize we'll take a break and we've been talking about Straight. Talking from trump we might play jive talking for, you, after, you well no, after the break which will take you to. News, after this now the cricket is on. As we speak it's the first Game in the test Series Against The West indies West Indies versus australia Men's, Team First. Test kingstington noval australian. Won the toss they. Elected, to bat okay so they. Won the toss they elected to BAT and all i can see here is. Two for seventeen what the? Hell's going on Does That mean sam constance?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: Out, there jayboy okay let's have, Book Down here Husband Kawaja And, Josh Ingalls alsari joe joseph must have got out alrighty. Two for seventeen we'll keep an eye of what's going on there Here Batting is Usman Khwaja. And josh? Inglish what's this you're? Wrapping me. Up that's you that's. A wonderful, world so anyway we'll keep an eye. On the cricket so hopefully we can sort of, straighten up there because that's. A good start. Two, for seventeen, now jive talking that's, What, we'll do jake can you get? That jive talking? We'll Straight? Talking is trump we're? Asking about you what do you? Want to do some straight talking about one double three. Six night three but to get, us the news he's. Some jive talking the? Beg's you live just what you?
Speaker 28: Mean to me you had so much you want to take away.
Speaker 3: With all?
Speaker 17: Your? Job, talk good no.
Speaker 29: What you're saying is.
Speaker 30: Your child talk that gets.
Speaker 3: In the way.
Speaker 17: You're sCOD.
Speaker 30: Taming mister cool.
Speaker 1: You're Listening to Australia Overnight. With, pat panetta.
Speaker 2: Yes welcome To. Australia over night great to. Have, your company thursday the Twenty. Sixth Of June. I'm Pat panetta jumping jay's here behind. The Glass there so tony's regular regular producer Is here and i'm Filling in For tony today Thursday. And tomorrow friday so to, join the conversation what's on your Mind HERE On australia a night one double three six nine three is. My phone number the text line is zero four double seven six nine three. Six nine three now we've got a prize, here for you the the Ticket To. The palace cinemas oh that it'd be nice off you Go To the palace cinemas and. ENJOY a movie i guess that's a bit while if you if, you live nearby. That's, for you well if, you live anyway. That's the price one double three, six nine three phone now and tell us what has been? Driving? You crazy now.
Speaker 1: This Is a stradia Oban Eyes, with pat perinetta and it's.
Speaker 31: Driving me crazy.
Speaker 2: There you go you can be. Big or small something you've observed in recent times that has been, driving you crazy somebody in your life or something. In the media what's been? Driving you crazy get? Off your chest one double three six nine three, could, be anything really if it's just getting, up your nose tell us all about it and. See every caller we'll put every caller in the running for the Ticket To. The palace cinemas what's been? Driving you crazy one double three. Six nine three have you received the phone call about the solar panels that seems to be going around and they're? Funning everybody up is it a rebate. IS the thing. I don't know i heard sort of half. The conversation, center so anyway the phone's ringing about, THE solar panels i. Can tell now or the other. Day somebody phoned there, was the. Gap isn't there there's a. Little gap there it's, like a delay and you know that you're about to be connected to one of those people who's trying to it, MAY be well i don't know if it's, legitimate Or not but. I'm not interested someone might tell me different. The solar, PANELS but anyway i heard THE delay and i jumped in. Before he asked, It, was me hello is? That MISTER pat and i jumped in, And started saying i've got some solar panels. HERE for you i tried to sell the, Panels TO him so i got some solid. Panelsy for you, If you like i'll give. You a, bargain so anyway. He played along it, was quite cheeky the guy on the other line. The other side HE knew that i had. JUMPED in there i must have been on THE money because i started talking about solar panels selling, them to him and. He PLAYED along so i must have. Guessed it there so you're? Getting that call is that? Driving you crazy one double three. Six' nine three every caller goes in the running. To win this prize we'll just pluck it a name and get Your Details. To the palace cinema, give us a bell tell us what you've. Been driving you crazy, now on The Program dating coach karina. Chapman will join us she's going to. Talk about man keeping this is where it's a new thing that's popped up another. Phrase on social media this is where a woman is expected to coach her partner through his problems. Like an unpaid therapist. How interesting, Man keeping so look karin. Will tell us more but, MY first, thought is i reckon we need. To talk, about this you know they want us, blokes to be vulnerable open up and. Talk to our partner but, then when we do they call it Man keeping and say. I'm not, your therapist but anyway maybe. There's More, To it, karina chapman dating coach Will Join Us and professor Aiden Warren. From re MIT university he's, a us political expert and we'll talk about the events of the last few days and the battle of The Conflict in the middle east And The decision by DONALD trump in the us to use the bunker buster bombs. And do, all that he, says it's, high stakes high risk and. Maybe there's another way so we'll Have A discussion with aidan warren also on the program as we, take, your, calls, one double three. Six nine and three what's? Been driving you crazy nick's On. The LINE In, Brunswick good, I.
Speaker 13: Nick good morning pat how's?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 2: GOING going well mate i always. Love, doing the show yeah. Having, a good time.
Speaker 13: Yeah it sounds like you're. Having a good time look? What really annoys me and it's sort of, crept into the vocabilary especially with Politicians in the last. I'd reckon two years we're.
Speaker 12: Going to HAVE dialogue every time.
Speaker 32: I hear that word i.
Speaker 13: Just go absolutely nuts.
Speaker 2: We're going to, have die oh yeah and, politicians are? Using Them are.
Speaker 13: They alba elbow is the, big one for it and The worst Offender is penny warm every every time while we'll sit, DOWN and have, DIALOGUE i mean honestly i, mean we'll sit down. We'll, have a discussion yeah we'll talk it around a table and, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: Things, OVER have dialogue yeah I wonder, if that's, i mean you Know There's. Elbow and penny wong. They're not silly people it sort of seems a bit odd when you. Hear you say that maybe, the grammar is correct but, it's a bit yeah it's a bit sort of. Full on to say i'm trying to give another, example, when, people, say, oh yeah, okay one double, three six nine three any other examples about that we're? Going to HAVE dialogue what was? I thinking of that i hear people say. Sort of, overdoing it that's right when you can. Use a simpler word you can, use a simpler word but, just to sound smarter doesn't it that often you see jargon and different industries where they're using words just to sort of confuse you so keep you out of getting. INVOLVED or, understanding it i mean lawyers, tend to. Do, that don't they yeah we're. Going to have dialogue. That's a, Bit. Weird thank you nick nathan's, On, the Line today nathan?
Speaker 5: Pat?
Speaker 33: How are. You yeah i'm good, Nathan strives me Crazy? Tom hearing about trump what he did is. What, He did wrong.
Speaker 2: Look i'm sort of. IN my mind too i think he is the center of attention. A lot, of discussion you know do we have.
Speaker 33: To maybe change it strives may be crazy to hearing about what?
Speaker 12: What HE did wrong and i see and.
Speaker 6: He.
Speaker 33: Actually done something wrong but that strives me. Crazy, hearing about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's, a lot. Of discussion that's right and we don't even know yet what whether the how successful. THEY the operation was i mean we're told it was and it eliminated the bombs or whatever the equipment was there to. Make the, nuclear bombs but. Yeah we don't know we, don't know the details the full details yet until we get down there or somebody to find out whether the damage has been done and if we have really stopped their ambitions to Build. Those, bombs In iran okay thinking nathan marge is On. The line, In adelaide hi there.
Speaker 34: Oh my, PHONE'S a. Bit, Funny i think well. I'm driving me crazy i'm waiting for a hip, replacement fifty seven.
Speaker 2: Months fifty seven months.
Speaker 34: And it's not. Coming up the freuture it's. Going to get worse so.
Speaker 2: What they keep bumping, you down? The, line DO they.
Speaker 26: Yeah we.
Speaker 34: COVID and all that i had one, done in twenty. EIGHTEEN talk too years i am, play the, hospital laps you know because, It's got too expensive. But, anyway it is yeah. You can't sleep, him you.
Speaker 11: Can't know that's right just get around.
Speaker 34: As best you can and they don't seem to.
Speaker 2: Do THE older, you, get, i think yeah right, AS you say that i wonder. Whether they do that but, that's not, really fair is it because you'll need it just like anybody else. A long time ago i think. My, dad did that yeah you joined the list. And off you go so if you pay for it, in the private sector will that push you up the line a bit quicker.
Speaker 34: If SOMEBODY my laps so i can't really do, much about that now but you still, GOT a, year, anyway, i think, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay all, right well you know just just. Trying, to get through yeah. If you get, it if you know if you're in pain and all that sort of stuff and you're, wanting for a hip the placement. Must be very frustrating so?
Speaker 11: What's been?
Speaker 34: Ubbling?
Speaker 6: Around what's?
Speaker 2: That sorry?
Speaker 11: Hobbling around hobbling around?
Speaker 2: Oh, You, poor thing. Okay march no worries what's? Been? Driving you crazy one double. Three six nine three we've, got the price Here which is, the palace cinema ticket and we'll select a person we'll put you in the barrel and find out who the winner. Is very very soon one double. Three six nine three my text line is zero four double seven six nine three six nine. Three SOME messages here The us attack on iran was a visceral maneuver to defeat a nuclear threat. And boost world peace collateral damage is, void In This. Equation, says Julia bentley also if iran didn't defend, itself against bunker busters maybe there, was Nothing to defend Says. ROBERT in sin kilda i, Don't know about That. Sally of two rak could READERS of newspapers in cafa stop hogging the paper and allow. OTHERS to Read it i think i've. Been guilty of, that you sit down, you get the, paper you flick through and it just sits on your table. In my busy cafe, it's a hot commodity and sadly there's nowhere to be found as people forget to return. Yeah to other patrons, let's Be More. Considerate says sally tirak, your, calls one double three, six nine and three what's? Been driving you crazy we're doing a little round of that and give away the prize and a few guests. COMING up as. Well a lot's Happening My. Name is pat panetta I'm filling in for tony Mac And. This is Australia Overnight. Welcome To Australia overnight i'm pat panetta In the. Chair for tony McManus as we take your calls into the wee, small, hours, one double three, six nine and three we're asking? What's driving you crazy the prize is A Ticket to The palace cinemas and denise. Is on, The, Line, Hi, THERE denise?
Speaker 31: Hi pat, Howi you. I'M good denise good i. AM so more well i wake up EVERY day thinking Do i live IN australia or Do? I live in america with some of the words that you're hearing ON the radio the Tv Like, project.
Speaker 35: For, project yeah right OKAY as, far.
Speaker 31: As i know There's no idea in project we. Have, contribution or contribute yes and then in footy you've got defense and offense instead. Of attack and defense oh it's just going on. And On, And, on crazy anyway.
Speaker 2: Well there. You are that's right we're consuming. More of their content WE, always have the us but also now they, say with social media. We're all more generic we're, wearing the same things saying the same things because, we're all you Know whether it. Be instagram or whatever it used to be that different regions had their, own look. AND field didn't they i think it's more generic now because. Of your social media we're all consuming the same sort of stuff and then. Talking the, Same. Way thank you denise simon's, on the line too and We'll. Get to your simon there's, Also, The, text messages okay, simon? How are there? Mate? How are, You.
Speaker 36: Yeah i'm good.
Speaker 24: Simon i'm not, blame we had down, we didn't know it.
Speaker 35: We, didn't need it no we had that pile Of, interest.
Speaker 2: In col, yeah yeah that's right no big dumper rain and there's.
Speaker 24: Just sort of flat on the ground, AND didn't, the time i.
Speaker 2: See didn't sort of. Soak INTO the ground but i think we, Needed. The rain there, simon it's been cold but not as much. Rain, as we wanted.
Speaker 21: Yeah and you know there's no hood, in, the?
Speaker 37: Ground anymore?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 2: Right no heat yeah what does heat?
Speaker 10: In?
Speaker 2: The ground do?
Speaker 21: YEAH no?
Speaker 5: Grass.
Speaker 2: Growth i see right of course you, need all. The, otherments don't you yeah, you need the, sun you need water you need all the bits and pieces.
Speaker 21: Possibly then having toss in, the, Morn so.
Speaker 2: Yep yep, Well There you Are. Regional victoria coal ac, it'd get. Pretty cold wouldn't it sort of An hour out of geelong there, as, your head out yes all, the farms and thinks, good on? You, mate thank you okay what's? Been driving you crazy we'd love to know one double. Three six Nine three one thing melbourne has that many world cities don't have is water fountains on MOST, blocks. In the Cbd right one thing melbourne has that other cities don't. Have is water fountains is THAT. Right, In the cbd whoever the docklands, have no Public Tort says Doctor, john maggie says pat we hear more and more that our infrastructure is simply not. Keeping up with demand is this? Because OF increasing population, well, i guess sir yeah more people and you need more infrastructure. To accommodate those people also on the text zero four double seven six nine, THREE six nine Three. I agree with nathan what drives me crazy is all the war And the talk about trump. And the political talk some lighter topics over and, not Would be Appreciated, SAYS Lily. From berick ok lily we will lighten it up a, Bit throughout, the program kay says people without health insurance need to realize that the people paying for their operations through all the money that they've forked, out over the, years Must. Come first says kay people, WITH that, health, insurance i see. Yeah there you go well of. Course, you pay tax, well there you are and you want the public health system to look after you and make. Sure, that you're okay alrighty we'll take some calls on that number one double. Three six nine three there's the. Text line as well now coming up. Not Too far away corina chapman. Is a dating coach he's going. To talk about mankeeping this is where men apparently are relying on their female partners to. Be an unpaid therapist there's, a reason behind this she'll. Tell us, about this you know we now have. SMALLER groups of friends i GUESS. We're busy with covid maybe we don't have the circle that, we used to apparently so you've got less. People to go to so maybe you're leaning on your. Partner more and more and our us political expert is on, the way as well talking, about the well again we will it's. A Few Hours away but aiden warren a very interesting conversation about The Events. In the Middle EAST. Movies. With shane a bassett have you, seen a movie lately any good. Movies that you've seen i'll tell. Us About. That one saw conclave it took. Me A little, while saw conclave recently had a friend tell me that. SHE didn't enjoy it, i thought was okay you know the. Drama of it all have you seen a movie you? Can? Tell us about one double three six nine three is The number here in Australia every night, Now On this day pseudo Echo, performed on ABC's countdown becoming the first unrecorded band to appear on the show back. In NINETEEN eighty three and i remember going on A school excursion. To countdown year eight we got on the train, from the western suburbs went into the CITY where was the abc Studios Then it was alston wick or somebody in THE well near the cbd and g it was exciting for a year eight boy From the suburbs of melbourne, got on the train went to in The studio audience of countdown and yet to wave your, arms in the air? Didn't you a countdown that was the, thing yet to do. And we enjoyed that.
Speaker 34: It.
Speaker 2: WAS very Formative, years i remember craig my friend. From school back then he ate. FOUR or Five, Cheeseburgers i remember craig it's Crazy and wah wah nie was a number. One song back then so have you have you ever been in THE audience? Of a tv show one double? Three six Nine three? There's sudo eco there? Should we?
Speaker 5: Play?
Speaker 2: That maybe later yeah one double. Three six'? Nine, Three, famous birthdays today sorry jay? You're going to play that we. Could Play It later on colonel tom parker, is having a Birthday. Today, the manager of elvis well he. Was born on this, day died age. Eighty seven nineteen, ninety Seven speaking of movies the Elvis, movie Of Course Bas loman which colonel tom Parker Played By. Played. By, oh, forrest gump guy oh anyway. He was the central. Character they're, Very Interesting Movie so anyway colonel tom parker, Born, on this day today Thursday. The Twenty sixth of june chris isaac. Is having a birthday today some, Good Music, There Of. Course wicked. Game blue hotel somebody's crying. He's having A, birthday today born. In California on this day chris. Isaac is sixty nine today we should, play ONE of. Those Ones jay i reckon wicked Game's A. Nice one for chris isac we'll get that lined. Up For you very soon patty, smith born on this day another great, song to play this morning and she Was. The Lead Singer Of scandal born new. York city nineteen fifty seven that, Makes Us sixty eight, Today patti smith and yeah. Scandal Was Their big song and the warrior as. Well Having a BIRTHDAY today dusty Martin. The afl play With Richmond, Dusty, Born in castle maine, castlemaine victoria on. This day nineteen ninety one. That makes Him Thirty four and also ariane grande could. Never Get a name right ariane grande was Born. On this day in. Florida she's still, a baby she's thirty two. Born in nineteen ninety. Three thirty two for her some, famous birthdays there For you But We. Miss we mentioned chris isaac he's sixty nine today and Here is his, Song On australia every. Night Wicked game or not there's Mark. On the, Line, from slovakia hello there.
Speaker 7: Mark having?
Speaker 26: Some technical, problems, Are we.
Speaker 2: Oh well, no jay said he said we we don't. Want to listen to that We. WANT to, talk, to mark, i said. Okay fair enough.
Speaker 26: Cool cool i'm here sitting in the. BEAUTIFUL thirty degree. AFTERNOON sun i love that, i.
Speaker 2: Love that often say. BUT my desires of travel, i want to travel around go to place the looks, of sit in the, sun look at, the water. Eat beautiful food enjoy.
Speaker 26: Life, there's no, water here.
Speaker 35: Mate no water just.
Speaker 4: Rivers it's.
Speaker 2: Water.
Speaker 26: In them they're terrible yeah are you still looking for things?
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 6: WHAT?
Speaker 35: Chieves, in, yours am.
Speaker 2: I actually yeah we are we're going.
Speaker 16: To.
Speaker 2: Announce the winner soon yeah tell.
Speaker 26: Me the, one thing that gets me and it's pretty much all three aw Contactors is sort of bagging, china has been the, enemy that they're a threat. AND there's this and that. I don't Agree with that i think china is such An important trading partner to australia that They. NEED to value the chinese I, think compared to the americans. They're less of A threat america is making australia. A target in a way. I'm being so closely aligned why can't you BE aligned Through? Nations, the, usa and china yeah.
Speaker 12: LOOK we are so hard. I, don't, agree with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, we are, in a way. You know balancing that relationship We're. In the region of china. They're a big trading partner we need them from. An economy, Point of view also security we want to make sure the. Relationship is a secure one but then THERE'S, the relationship with the us which is. Something over many many years we. Need, them on our side culturally we're similar and there's been A. Long friendship, with the us so yes there is A. BALANCING act there with china i MEAN there's been some aggressive, i guess it's bad publicity the. Aggressive action of the warships remember the warships that were circling the country and doing aggressive sort of war games there without. Telling anybody or telling. Us that's, AN active aggression and Look i don't, work For asio or anything so i'm not. Sure how dire it is but we have to be. Concerned about those around us but you're not, the only one to say why. Are we demonizing our neighbors why? Aren't we capitalizing from it Because. There is advantage from, china it's a big nation it's. The world's second biggest economy maybe that's, part OF the problem too the us, Of the world's biggest economy china's fast approaching them as, Far as size and power and there's, a bit, of that too you know there, is a bit of that like we want to be, the biggest and the strongest and we Don't want you to be ye.
Speaker 26: Agree with any of it.
Speaker 36: It just.
Speaker 26: Welcome them all why did you have to the media Have to really tear it, china apart, for SENDING warships you know a us, sends them, Wherever they, want Absolutely anywhere nuclayer whatever and australia is not. Going, to complain about that no? Why, is THAT any different.
Speaker 2: Well if i, came around YOUR you know it's if i sort of walk around you IN an aggressive, way and i kick around, kick A few tables down and i just sort of do a few things and push over, a, Few chairs and say look i'm just walking. Around your house doing this it. Is AN act of intimidation and i get a bit and. You get, a bit nervous it's? Like what's going on here so, For that to be, done I'M. Sending a signal aren't i i'm sending A signal to You that i Am that i'm strong and I've got my warships and i'm able to. Do this in your region so, from that point, of view, as, a country we go? Well why is that happening why why isn't more of a. MORE of a friendly nature I guess?
Speaker 26: ARE they in australian waters. I don't think they were they're. In international war.
Speaker 5: They were it's free, to.
Speaker 26: DO what they want and i think that, the media jumping on it. Making out that it's negative they might be on journeys, to do long DISTANCE training which Is the us Will Probably. Australia does outside australian waters they're totally within. THEIR right to do it i don't think they've made Any. Any, direct threats to, australia YEAH maybe considered intimidating but i don't believe that. They made any real threats but the media make it. Sound like it's a threat well.
Speaker 2: THERE was planes with, them, i, mean that says yeah okay, well we should we should we, should side with. Them there and we do, we do partner with them and we tread. Very lightly on that relationship And sometimes you think about china and you know some of the you know the way they treat their people isn't, so, GREAT and, we sometimes, sadly i guess you know just sort of keep to ourselves on these things because of. The trading the trading situation but you, might remember, with those warships you know we had planes that had to divert and there was a commercial pilot who was the person who spotted, IT and at the phone i don't, know the government, and say by the way do you know, they're shooting those you know those bullets down there and we have to sort. OF divert our flight path i mean that says that says it all or that's not a. Great situation, to be in but yes sometimes. Things do get beat up we do need to understand that we're in that. Region and there's advantages there but, also we. Can't be naive can we we need to understand if. There's a thread around us but A few thoughts there, from mark one. Double three six ninety three, if you agree or disagree we'd love to hear. What's On, your mind now, karina chapman the dating coach we might. Get, her on the Phone Also we've got a chris isaac song to play for you and taking your calls one, Double. Three six nine three australia. You every night another day another, dating term that has emerged. This one is man keeping this is where a woman is expected to coach, her partner through his. Problems like an. Unpaid therapist reacher to say researchers say it's the result. Of a male loneliness epidemic but is it unfair to expect women to shoulder the? Burden of your emotional, Angst To. Discuss his further karina chapman he's a dating Coach And the founder of aligned connections and. A regular, On, the show hi there karina welcome. Back to a strap overnight?
Speaker 17: How are you.
Speaker 38: Going, FABULOUS i'm always happy.
Speaker 2: NOW i don't know. HOW i feel about this i was, just THINKING before, we, SPOKE and i was yeah i always, love chatting to you too. And we have, interesting conversations on one hand men have to be emotional and open. Up our HEARTS and thoughts and THEN i read this and i, think, that women are saying well don't do it too. Much because IT'S a pain but have i?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 2: Completely misread it there anyway so tell me About, This, new term many.
Speaker 38: Yeah so mankeeping is where a woman is expected to coach her partner through his. Problems, like an unpaid therapist however. IT wasn't always that way a lot of guys, had much bigger social, circles so, you would tell you know, a couple of mates something, another couple of mates something so.
Speaker 6: You would share it around.
Speaker 38: But because, our social circles are shrinking and this is for, women as WELL, as men especially after covid then they're finding that they've got less people to share their stuff around and it all becomes.
Speaker 19: The burden of.
Speaker 2: The partner that is interesting, so social circles, are shrinking as you say so now you're leaning more on your partner because you HAD. Other outlets you mentioned? COVID are we busier now. I think, about my life you, know you've got your partner so that's the person you go. To because, you're so busy you know it's hard to remain in contact with friends because it's a lot going. On, in the modern.
Speaker 38: Day, exactly we're working longer hours we, have more pressure on us and it is more difficult to think ahead and think of booking time. In with different social circles, so YOU'RE a.
Speaker 2: Dating coach so i guess you've got to. Really pick your mark here. So is this man keeping if you meet somebody and in the early stages you're sort, of unloading all the time it's. Not, a very attractive trade. REALLY it's nice to connect. I think there's a mix if you're over doing, IT early in the relationship i reckon that. Might be a, bit, repelling do you.
Speaker 38: Think yes you're, exactly, right and that's why interestingly quite a lot of women have stepped back from going on dates because they don't want to be a therapist and they've already done the work on, themselves to get themselves sorted so then they don't want to be. A therapist, for, someone, else they're like look guys you've got to. Get your, own stuff sorted you know we're. Not here as a therapist we. Want to be the partner we want to be, the lover of the.
Speaker 16: Friend.
Speaker 6: But not the therapist.
Speaker 2: Right, but back to that point then You know, you're, right exactly, but really men you know don't find this is me. Talking from the male perspective we're not sure where.
Speaker 16: We.
Speaker 2: Fit in, The, world now you know okay we're going to be nice, and friendly in our emotions, but then when we do it's, a we know. We talk we called, man we're. Being man kept you know IS that a bit?
Speaker 6: Am?
Speaker 2: I making any sense there we are women saying, one thing and then another and. We're, ALL confused as blokes.
Speaker 38: Well i think that communication can, be confusing for many people and not. Everyone is great at it so perhaps you might. Just need someone, to, listen whereas they're thinking oh they want me to, come up with a solution so we can lose our way through not connecting properly in conversation and then maybe not. Understanding OUR partner, as well, whereas i suppose you know if you, were chatting to a therapist they can redirect into. THE right sort of conversation.
Speaker 2: I get what you said you know your, partner is not a therapist where, every time, you need to you know try to look for some. Sort of solution or comfort. It's a. Two way street you, think in the modern world we're more and this is. Not, Necessarily a, bad thing selfish i'll, say or. We you know we're. INDIVIDUAL we look after ourselves i think about. Some of my past, relationships it's, nice TO think you, know AS i get, older if, I get sick you. Know i'll be, Looked AFTER it'll be great BUT i know that if i, got sick, after two days it's, like get. Out of bed come?
Speaker 3: Home what?
Speaker 2: Are you doing.
Speaker 19: Short lived.
Speaker 2: I'm on my own here so is that. The world we're living in we're all sort of more individual and it. Has, ITS benefits and drawbacks.
Speaker 38: Look, i, Think THAT we are definitely but i also think that for, some problems that you know, men or women might have the, Partner doesn't have the answer they don't know how to respond or maybe what the. Best thing is to say and it's different maybe as a guy sharing, to your partner as well compared, with sharing to your mates you possibly talk in a different way to each. And have a different understanding so it is quite different depending on who. We CHOOSE to chat to and i think that sometimes we maybe just choose the wrong person to chat. About with, the wrong subject you know we. Could maybe make. Better choices.
Speaker 2: You're remind me on my everyone's with their own, Algorithm now on social media i'm getting these ads served to me about needy men, and if you're over needy and this app will help you not sort of. Really lean. On your partner, it's coming it's a thing it's like and. THEY'RE targeting me with ads.
Speaker 38: I must talking too much about mankeeping.
Speaker 2: If you have something, ON my because you know. I guess it's all keywords i. Don't know what it, is so there you, are so as you. Say it's a thing now so men are becoming more, needy and there?
Speaker 4: You, go how are we yeah and.
Speaker 38: That's not a bad thing it's just we, want people to be vulnerable. We want them to share but sometimes. Partners don't have the, answer so maybe you know there's other options that they can look. At that, would help support so yes we can have, some support from our partner but maybe we can't leave lean completely on them because we don't want to knock them over or squash them.
Speaker 2: With, ALL of our stuff yeah i guess. It's, a bit that's right yeah it's, a bit, selfish, to, say you know me me me me. Type thing all the time one. Double Three six nine three Corena, chapman is here on australia a night Dating Coach. And FOUNDER of aligned connections so i guess we can settle. Now that it is attractive it is sexy to be a leader and a, man and basically you know hold the load a bit, and sort of you know make decisions and. Not always be a. Marshmallow so there you go. That's what.
Speaker 38: IT'S all about that's right i, think it's. Getting the balance isn't it it's getting that right balance between the two.
Speaker 6: Which can be.
Speaker 38: Quite difficult so maybe if you need to, be a bit more marshmallow get a few more of those other guys that are happy to do it with you so that then you can do it together and then still be strong.
Speaker 6: In front of the.
Speaker 38: Wood, maybe that's the idea.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good, idea so as you say, the social circle is shrinking but. Find, Your friends and things YEAH i've got mates that i could. Ring up and you do you have a a bit of a yack and talk about life and really unload there and you talk on a different level when. It's friends in a. Way so there. You are there's a solution so we've. Offered a.
Speaker 38: Solution as well, that's right and in fact maybe you're someone that has got that small social group and you want to expand it but. You don't really know how so perhaps you could join a networking event or look at a sport where you could meet people that have got a. Similar interest that you like even volunteer in something that you have an interest with so you can meet other like minded people, and increase that social circle and then that will make all of the relationships. That you've, got much healthier.
Speaker 2: Oh okay does this tie into sort? Of that decisiveness as well? Is it, a similar trait you, know when, you, meet somebody, they say well, you know make a decision and so where? DO you want. To go i don't know where? Do you want to go? What, time are you available well and it's all of this back and forth and, nobody's, Really you can say look tuesday sixth are. Going to pick you. Up i've picked the restaurant i've got the thing that decisiveness. Is this fit this conversation that's the, mindset that we're talking, about as, opposed to always you know being a.
Speaker 38: Bit flip floppy exactly exactly it can be really, annoying when people are indecisive and so by, making a, decision, and saying you Know okay.
Speaker 14: This is what i'm?
Speaker 38: Presenting, what do you think, Sure give them an option but it can get annoying when it is. Too much back, and, forward even YOU know oh maybe?
Speaker 4: Should I ring?
Speaker 38: That person should i not what do you think just. Ring them make a decision you.
Speaker 2: Get nervou because you think you're going to ring them and say something stupid and then. They won't like, you anymore, So not ringing.
Speaker 38: That's right and then you get into your head and then you end, up dateless all the time too scared.
Speaker 23: To ring, anyone and text you're.
Speaker 2: Right PICK up the phone and i, mean text serves its purpose of. Course we all use it but picking, up, the phone and ringing too is. A. GOOD thing to. Do absolutely, i like it that's.
Speaker 38: Right and you get a much better sense of, the mood that somebody's in whereas a text message. Can be really misconstrued easily so we need to get back, to the meeting in person chatting on the phone and enjoying each other's company in person and. Making, those, Social circles bigger.
Speaker 2: Okay well i'm just a bit nervous with those ads now that are coming to me about. Man keeping something about me, so it is, a thing as you. Say it's on social media it's interesting we have had these discussions before things emerge and they and they get a name and they. Sort of do the rounds but it is a reflection of the, CURRENT world, we live in i guess, and we're, talking about, loneliness social circles getting smaller people not understanding. Their role in the world so, it is a you know it does sort of reflect a deeper way that we're. Looking at the modern world do you think when you when you? Think, About it that.
Speaker 38: WAY definitely and that's why i have programs around aligned to connections because we're struggling with connection now and friendships and relationships. In all sorts of things so how do we find those people that are kind of like our tribe that we want to hang out with and we enjoy their company and we feel comfortable that we can let them know whatever problems and know that they'll be listening, and be, SUPPORTIVE.
Speaker 2: Saying that you know. I guess it's a, balance YOU'VE already said that and i know we've had A great chat in and i'll let you go and our callers on one. Double THREE six nine three but i just maybe we should make the point again it's not about being a, robot or always. You know the tough guy it's just a. Bit of that middle road it's because it's nice to be vulnerable at times too. And, reveal who you are yeah you just. GONNA get the mixed. Ride i guess.
Speaker 38: That's right just spread your problems around and don't tell. Them all, to one person.
Speaker 2: That's well there you. Go THAT'S you've said. That, that's i like that yeah don't tell. Them all to one person spread, your problems around and yeah you. Won't be wearing somebody down. It's like they're your therapist and exactly you'll, be walking down the street they'll cross, the Road, and you think. Why dan that's. My wife, Good. On you thank you karina always. Fun To Have You. On dating coach corina Chapman Thanks. For Being on australia overnight thanks, pat your calls all morning all night and all. Morning All across The nation pap Panetta The thursday edition of australia every night one double three six. Nine three is my number some weather here for You around the nation For. Thursday twenty sixth to june perth a sunny day with the, Top of twenty degrees today adelaide a partly. Cloudy day in fifteen degrees melbourne a shower or two with the. Top of only thirteen degrees hobart. Partly cloudy in fourteen, degrees canbra some morning frost partly cloudy down to minus Five of a night for canberra, And max of eleven degrees sydney becoming Cloudy in sixteen today and brisbane a sunny day with. A top of twenty degrees there's some weather for. You for your first day we'll take a break and come back. AFTER this and some well a famous birthday today For. The Twenty sixth of june chris. Isaac's having a birthday today who, is born on this Day. Nineteen fifty six in california that, Makes Him sixty nine today chris. Isaac with that crooney Voice the nineties hit wicked game To Take us To news chris isaac, And australia over nineties?
Speaker 3: Game what hooves?
Speaker 17: With you.
Speaker 34: With you.
Speaker 19: Listen what a wicked game to play.
Speaker 17: To?
Speaker 19: Make me feel this way what a wacked thing to do to? Let me dream of you.
Speaker 39: What a wicked thing to say?
Speaker 6: You never felt this way.
Speaker 17: What a wicked thing to do to make?
Speaker 39: Me a dream of you? And what a falling loss.
Speaker 17: Want? To falling loss.
Speaker 6: With?
Speaker 19: You who was on fire? No, One could save?
Speaker 2: Me buddy.
Speaker 15: Strange world desire what MAKE foolish people who.
Speaker 3: DO i never dream that. I love somebody like You.
Speaker 39: I never dream that. I'd LOSE somebody like you Moll folli loves?
Speaker 27: What?
Speaker 17: Of hollins With you.
Speaker 1: Now this Is Australia. Over night with pat panetta.
Speaker 2: Great To have the company's The thursday morning. Edition Of australia every Night pat. Paneta in for tony McManus as we TAKE your calls into the wi small hours this morning on that number one. Double three, six nine three but, FIRSTLY before taking your CALLS i said To The, Us. Now In los angeles California JONATHAN kurzley is nine radio's us correspondent and he's. Live on, The LINE, Now good day john.
Speaker 12: O.
Speaker 35: Good morning to you and.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 27: To.
Speaker 2: All bosses thank you gee. Not much on is there it's amazing what we're seeing and hearing With This, conflict in the middle east and of course The Focus is on well donald trump and WHAT'S. Happening there in the us so, give us the. Very Latest please.
Speaker 5: Absolutely well donald trump has MADE his way to The nato someone In, the netherlands of the hague where Essentially he's. Been flanked by european Leaders He's, been praised by marco RUDDER Who's Nash of The nato secretary General As daddy called him daddy trump for trying To solve The. Conflicts between israel and iran he now says that he'll be managing to talk to a run next. Week over a nuclear, deal that. Is his hope his belief so let's see whether or. Not that does play out because the other CONCERN for him has been us intelligence reports that have been Suggesting that the damage to iran's nucleus It Was not exactly. As donald trump had said he had.
Speaker 6: Said.
Speaker 5: They'd made totally alive around the intelligence report, said That they weren't destroyed that around's nuclear program was only set, back a. Matter Of months not years, donald trump today disputing that insisting its decades and that this is simply too early in the system to know exactly the full scale. Of this type of intelligence so he. Obviously wants to see more but in a matter of hours he will MAKE his Way, BACK from nato to Washington Dc. And to the white house HE would think that this, nato summit would be successful and IT'S been successful BECAUSE essentially nato and the nato nations have done everything that he wants them to do largely that he is increased defense spending TO. Five percent of their gdp they've given a, commitment in principle on that and essentially he's had all OF These Nations and the nato, secretary general bending the knee. If you LIKE to hear and clearly Nato Has decided they need donald trump on Board for The, war between ukraine and russia and the only way, to have him on board in their eyes is to heat praise. And lavish praise on him so that is exactly what they have been doing over the course of, the last day, or so and it seems unsurprisingly That That is. Exactly. What, donald trump likes.
Speaker 2: Yeah well this, style of this straight, talking keeping people off balance getting, in there and you, know doing it the. Way which is, quite unique as we know looks. LIKE there's progress being made i guess it has ebbed and flowed and. Their promise has been MADE, but, in this case nato yep everyone's, changed their spending, on defense as you say and the ceasefire sort of kicked back in after he was pretty strong. With a few words there so this style seems, To BE. Pushing things forward john o.
Speaker 5: It's a brash style and it's a style that the world was Not accustomed to from an american. Leader under his first term that is why things were a little, bit rocky first time around because.
Speaker 22: The world didn't know.
Speaker 5: How to deal with him they didn't know How to contend with an american president that was essentially capable of trashing, allies And Partnerships and, Playing in. Donald trump's view america, first so this time around there are a lot of nations who seem to think they have worked him out and that the best way to deal with him, is to just, satisfy him to appease him because fear of not doing so means there. Could be punishment in Store And the problem with donald trump is that nations don't know exactly. What the punishment could be it could be cutting, some sort of defense ties it would most, likely be Centered Around trade but angering donald trump is something that nations. Just, don't, want to do so yes you are Seeing an, appeasement of the american President An appeasement. Of The United states administration and donald trump still has more than three and a half years to. Go on his second term and just back to.
Speaker 2: That point about, the damaging iran's, nuclear capabilities as you say those bunker bastards got down, there and blasted those areas but we don't really know. Yet what it has achieved will that be fair To say, we need to you said, the intelligence is coming through but is it too early to tell exactly how far we have damaged their? Ability, to make these bombs well it depends.
Speaker 5: ON who, you speak to i mean it's very clear that this Assessment Came Out of the defense intelligence agency. Is just an initial assessment there, are going to be plenty plenty more that will come over the. Course of weeks and months israel had said it was too early before Deciding to back In The president Of the united, states, of america and saying yes there Had been significant, damage to around's nuclear sites but the only way to really know is you. Have To get in underground because, iran's nuclear facilities were, underground they were enrichment Sites and the Concern from israel is that iran actually had secret facilities.
Speaker 6: And they had been.
Speaker 5: Moving uranium around the country the indication from, this assessment is that yes much of the four hundred and eight kilograms Or so of uranium that iran had. Was moved before the strikes so the big question for the world now? Is where is that uranium because there is clearly STILL a concern among the us Defense system a network that Iran poses A threat to america and americans and they can continue to do that if they. Have access to that uranium so the big question ahead now? Is where is that uranium how are, they going to find it how are? They going to access it and, if, they can access it? Well then what Comes Next but right now donald Trump is trying to talk iran back from building, up its nuclear program again and he finds himself. In a very delicate position having claimed that he has, essentially air ended this, war this twelve day war he now needs to try and find some sort of nuclear de or some sort of way a run to. Stop Its enrichment program Altogether.
Speaker 2: Australia Overnight ON the Line Nine radio's us correspondent JONATHAN kurzley live from, the us as a journo and you obviously follow politicians around. And do lots OF this i'm impressed or, i notice he's you know, he's not a young. Man but He's Moving quickly, he's on AIR force one he's at nato and he's there and, you know they often say successful people in business in the. Private sector, are fast movers you know they're quicker than the competition. And they make decisions quick so he's bringing this mindset. To the role of politics is? That just me thinking?
Speaker 26: That but is he?
Speaker 2: Enthusiastic he's, moving is fast you, know for an older guy he's got a.
Speaker 12: Bit of.
Speaker 5: Speed on him, He's moving he's seventy nine. So YOU'VE got to remember and i Think People, are looking at joe biden who was eighty one essentially when he laughed as being somebody, who, was incredibly slow, moving shuffling whearing trainers runners because people are concerned about his walk and the possibility. Of Him slipping or falling donald trump is certainly slower than, he was in twenty sixteen there is. No two ways about it but of course, he is eight years older so you can expect, that with that time passing that age is going, to creep up. On him and it has he's certainly different to what he, was in the first term but he is carrying around plenty of gusto and his age are certainly keen to impress that he is showing, energy on the world stage that he is talking more than. The last president did publicly he's doing more things. In front of the camera but this is Exactly The presidential. STYLE that, donald trump likes i mean he's got a clean bill of. Health from his own doctors he says. He's feeling in good spirits but this is the. Way he does the presidency it, is entertainment in his show. In his front and CAMERA it is a reality. Tv show if you like he's got three. And a half years left he will be eighty two or so by the. Time his time, is up so you know the key concern for him, over, the next three years well? How does he keep himself how did he? Maintain a healthy lifestyle balance how does he have a healthy lifestyle balance under the pressures of the most high powered job in the world and at the same time being. A rather large man himself so he's obviously got himself to take to. Look after on that front is just a. Good medical team around him but you've, also got to remember too but he came into this With. The overwhelming support of americans americans who would know that he was going to be eighty two by the time he pulls, Up stumps for the presidency so they wouldn't have known that he was going to be old.
Speaker 16: In office.
Speaker 2: AND years old you're right i guess That that mandate from the american people would give you that enthusiasm to really get in.
Speaker 34: There.
Speaker 2: And do the job. John it's always a Pleasure I'm. FILLING in for tony mack i love HAVING on the program when i do the weekends and. Of course across the week thanks for a. Great report on the radio we'll See You. Also on the today show so you keep doing your great work and we'll talk To You. Next, time on australia overnight.
Speaker 5: Pat always wonderful to talk to you and the. Listeners wherever you.
Speaker 2: May be.
Speaker 5: A Wonderful, morning.
Speaker 2: Thank You jonathan CURZLEY THE nine radio and Tv Us, Correspondent. Live in los angeles california your calls one, double three six nine three your thoughts and feelings on that. And whatever's on your mind adam will chat to, us next one. Double three six Nin Three.
Speaker 34: Your.
Speaker 2: Calls on australia overnight Great Have you company on Pat Panetta filling In for tony. Mack, the thursday morning edition jay, who you know and love the normal producer of the. Program is here for you his voice is what you hear when you phone that number one. Double three six nine three. Adam is on, The. Line Good, Day there.
Speaker 7: Adam goody pat i'm good.
Speaker 10: Good to have you. On, EARLIER in the week yeah i, WAS just going to say i want. To congratulate you two THINGS the first thing is i wanted to congratulate you with your media sort of. THING that you're starting On i SAW it, on facebook. And, i thought, How.
Speaker 2: WONDERFUL yeah thank you matt i am sort of more proud of the fact that because media is, like many jobs and industries it's been. A bit, UP and down so look i. Just Needed to do something so i've. Set up my Media. Business, I've always had wow now i've, always worked for a boss but something in, the BACKGROUND in, a way so i think which has trained me to sort of get in there and. Just have a little go you. Need courage to do it i've just automatically closed my. Eyes and. JUST moved forward IT'S fun, i love, what, i do so yeah yeah there's a bit of, that IN the background too and. I get to. Do, this i'm quite lucky yeah.
Speaker 10: That's good, because like everything you know when you think of a lot of. Businesses or, things in general you know it's making that first move and you know you can. Cripple a lot of, people they, might think of you know the costs are rending a, shop or the costs involved and then you know lots of things that you. Could sort of fall apart but if you have that sort of, open mind, and just think you know, you're giving it a go and you know it's a market. That's, not really it is yeah you're sort, of you just you know you open to. Whatever the universe, brings down, that's, really.
Speaker 7: Good you.
Speaker 2: Know yes yes it's funny that's really at. The forefront of my Mind it's always fear because i'm, not a big risk taker and it is always. Fear that holds you back and they say you need to let, go and just you know trust a little and believe rent and THOSE sorts of things which. I wasn't used to, doing and it's not massive but it's, Enough, for me to think okay, well If this goes wrong, and i've got three kids which you might know that the kids and, they live with. Their mum and these, commitments like all of us you don't want. To let other people Down, but it really is yeah, it's FUNNY you say that because i. Think it's something you learn some. People are geared that way they're better at taking risks enough they know there is. A magic in moving forward i noticed, if you, just sort of you know what's, a little, thing they say you know it's like jumping from a plane and assembling the. Parachute as you go down you sort of find. A way and you do there. Is a magic. To it it's not, easy i'm not pretending like, and you can't be silly. But, Fears a big one. Yeah, fear's, A big one funny look i MADE a little, move, And i was like oh i'm. A bit nervous about this then a. Friend came, and saw me somebody anyway, he's a bigger you know he's got, a bigger business than me and he spoke about a big loan he was doing and he was. DEVELOPING this, and, doing that i thought well if this person's doing, it and HAVING a go what am i worried? About my little move for so you just got to. Have a go in life you just, got to.
Speaker 10: HAVE a go you do i know, with situations in my, life there's been you know with like, ONE of the one examples i was offered a position to sing for, a church, is going back you know Twenty Years, or So in baside melbourne and i'd just been singing as a volunt here his singer In. The course life of melbourne Well It Was. Known as melbourne city opera may, may have changed the name But It may still be melbourne sitky, opern and as a baritone. As ONE of the baritones and i had this, opportunity come that you know the church had needed a cant or basically that's to sing out There for their for their catholic Church church Services. On the sunday, and saturday and you, know the priest approached me who was one Was A, previous dean of saint patrick's, and, he, said to me no. Look we've, GOT the position you know i. WASN'T familiar to the church i hadn't grown up on this side of town and didn't and, had attended a few Churches But nothing. In the, base side area but anyway it came about all through going to a funeral and the priests present himself to me through through one of, the relatives who knew, him and said to said you sing and this. And, THAT and the other anyway i could have quite easily, at that, point, said oh You know. Father you, know i'm petrified no year surely you've got amongst the primary school, that are behind the parish and that you've got people here relative must be. Hundreds of, thousands of people you know. No one's, PUT their hair so anyway i, was a moment of yes or stick with the, opera and pursue that further WHICH was very difficult because i, wasn't trained in any language And, An, Opera predominantly the italian german, french or even You know, there are some english ones but the main major ones that you, go to, see The theater you know the. Italian, ones sort of thing anyway the, tongue was not, my thing so the language. So IT was, very, DIFFICULT so i, THOUGHT well i, love hymns, i love singing you know, well KNOWN hymns and songs. And I love spiritual music so i said, to, THE president, and, There yes i. Said father i'll take it, and well, that led to you know sixteen years of wonderful work and involvedment in two churches in the base of which then led to sadly a COMPLETE, loss of because of covid which A lot Of people in melbourne And victoria would have on australia would know the, hardships, that, came from, that losing losing lose everything and, that was a, very hard difficult, time too because you know you go from something that you're doing consistently every weekend and, that, was also funeral services weddings occasions where a vocal person was required with the. Organist, and a great, Job anyway THE second thing patrick's quickly, i wanted to also say it was a, wonderful, story, on the news say well wonderful in the sense or the family that there was there was a verdict reach that guilty was given To The, man That Murdered. Ashley gordon doctor ashley gordon so that's a little step in, the right direction for them, their for their, their grieving because the daughters, the sisters, really behind this you know trying to Get bail laws improved in victoria and so BUT from what front of i heard that the individual was sort of stone face. And didn't really, care less but you know, this family lost an innocent genuine member of the public who was doing good in his life and. They didn't, ask for this you know he, was just at HIS hand like YOU or i watching the tv, or getting ready to bed and this terrible thing. Just came into his life it's almost like a bomb dropping out of the. Sky and, these waring countries you know, you're just in, your place you don't know an excellent. Bang and, your family's, gone you, know it's like you. Know it's. Just a wonderful it's amazing if a journey. Of life's an interesting thing we don't. KNOW what's, AROUND the corner i mean i could have a knock at the door now and open and. BE shot, in the face, i mean anything can, happen, Like WE don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes and I know it sounds like i, know as you say that it's quite a, Dramatic DESCRIPTION you say there but i guess the point is things, can change in a second and the awareness of that does make You, appreciate life more that yes it. MIGHT be that's the reality. I guess it, could be anything, can change so you know. Value WHAT you've got now and i guess. You can flip that around if things can, be bad in a second they could also become very good in, A MOMENT in, a second because i mean what's the. Difference between good and, bad it's the there's say at two. Ends of, the same coin so yes things can change in a second and look as horrible, when it doesn't go right and then you. Can't, sort, of go. Back yeah big big. Challenges there's Also the thinking was it shakespeare that said? Nothing is good or bad it's only. Thinking that makes it so so if, you look at it now this is, not it's easy to say if you look at everything as, a lesson or a gift. It's not good.
Speaker 35: Or bad it.
Speaker 2: Just is as they. Say there's that as well but life will. Test you, in a way you know we get out of. Our comfort, zone for growth but yeah things. Can change in a second and if, you, remember, That you said think Okay i'll enjoy it while i'm here, and my kids Are okay and, mom and dad ARE okay and the people, i love are, still around and you know and you just remind yourself. How how good things are. Is that it, is, Gratitude good on you mate thank, You. On the lone today.
Speaker 9: Shane You're standing Well.
Speaker 2: Pat ah, shane from rye thanks mate.
Speaker 8: AND you're very wise mate.
Speaker 2: I get a bit of a when. You, get behind the microphone yeah you've got to sort, of THINK on your feet and i think that's a. Good thing about this show you just sort of you've got more time to think and just say say stuff from. The, brain to the mouth.
Speaker 8: Well and, congratulation, to the management too mate because you're a very. Important community service you are and you know you've. Got an incredible producer there jay's an incredible brain that he's at this time of the morning and your brain's are both working very well at this two, thirty am in the morning which is.
Speaker 2: To be, congratulated in itself you know there's. A, bit of a service, yeah we're, aware of that of course helping people. And keeping, them company absolutely you.
Speaker 8: Know my field has been generational social, psychological behavior for forty years developing the understanding of. It in twenty eight years to do a LITTLE programs, as best, as i can you KNOW that help out and i work with other people obviously throughout the community and both environmental in both social skills, to DEVELOP better cultural expression which i find is better than the social consumer addictive behaviors that most People are lost in, Pat and as, you know i'm old enough you're probably old enough to remember a time when people were more center around their culture and their, development within their social system and now with the consumer addictive sort of, environment we're in right now it's a. Real, concern, for future generations.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah look it is i've heard. OTHER people say similar things i think the big big challenge for our young people is that they're under a tackle or time by various, well social, whatever it is you know messaging and think like. This and be like this and there used to be, a community around young people whether be the church or your family. Who sort of guided you but you're on your own now, because they can you know this. Messaging can get you anywhere so, that is. The big, challenge that's right you know they haven't got the what we had. As we were growing up so those people who can. Overcome, that will be okay yeah but, that is, the big, challenge that's right because yeah having family around and structure around you. Sort. Of guide you through.
Speaker 8: Absolutely i've been working with It for many YEARS and i've seen the i believe a sort of an intentional force that seems, to want To break up Specially The australian culture post. World war two to present it's not of gathered PACE and there was a i don't think. It's a natural evolution either it's a process of dysfunctionalizing centered cultures, WITHIN a social you know i suppose a land mass and then fragmented with a, whole part of other cultures and actually then the. Cultures aren't really all amalgamated they're actually fragmenting the ability to be within, a developing new social system which we should be. Always trying to reinvent ourselves and the best way to reinvent is, obviously have, good education systems good ones not just indoctrinating stupid. Consumer behaviors or, stupid behaviors but you know that, actually gets all those cultures like what we developed. Before the technologies came along pat cultures used to come in the country and that amalgamate and we'd all sort of work as a developing as, the culture sort of develops because. It develops all the time and it was really and it was really not captivated, now by, the gaming machines the, movies the media always humping pumping and pumping away at really the fear and, the confusion and the insecurities which really isn't the best signal to send a social system as, Developing but divorces that BE pat seem, TO be i don't know i Think, insane in, the way pat you Know Another, war in the, middle east, And you know you Know Australians fought in Two World, wars in the, middle east as you know and We've lost greatly and through europe and different countries we were fighting in and You, Know from an, old australian, i'm a couple you. Know seven generations or something, it's just so, You, know it's so disappointing pat because if you really have you ever Have You? Ever HEARD of pompy elliot did i ever mentioned? That one to here?
Speaker 2: Before was that A Battle a battle Of Pompy? Elliot, or pomp y, Elliott, no that's a person yeah.
Speaker 8: And he's one of them i'm glad you, haven't really heard of him because you. Know, i'd Follow Him up pat pomp by elliott Is one OF the greatest australians that i promote for the Rest of my life because i've ready's booked about four times and saw. The size, of the, book, You GO my goodness right but I read it for because i want to be the best historian On, him and other, great australians because you know when i'd, Go, OUT in the field pat i usually give him, a BIT of a rundown and i asked him A couple of questions about australia twenty.
Speaker 2: Years To see we've wh elliot shane Tell Us.
Speaker 8: Quickly Back to pompey elliott pompey elliott was a bloke Who. Got brought up in victoria he got brought. Up in the perfect time. He was A Career soldier, when will war one hit he was in the perfect position and they picked him in the right position and he was In. Charge of the seventh battalion and Now, when they went to gallipoli obviously they were all training? In uh what's, the place just a huge Huge military basis outside of melbourne used to be. And they all got trained and it's just the, Guy, Who wrote the book pat, i've got to, COMMEND him because. This bloke i can't believe if you see the book and you really look out and you pay attention to it and you, Have the respect you, understand i'm, sure you have, you go oh my goodness because. It, will change your life okay we'll.
Speaker 2: Have to tell our listeners to Keep Their radar out for pompey elliot.
Speaker 6: To.
Speaker 2: Learn, More about that person obviously shane knows about him and part of he's part of what he wants to do. Is tell others about, it so there you go and you're on the, right radio program for that because our listeners are glued on and will make a note. Of that In Their minds i'm sure pompey Elliott from, Back in the Gallipoli. Days good on your shane some more calls and one double Three Six. Nine three On pat panetta, this is australia Every. Night Foursday, morning on australia have Night. The Twenty sixth, of june pat panetta? Here what's on, your mind one double three six nine and. Three To join the conversation chicken. Man is On THE way end of brady's uk, report isn't Too Far Either And THE Australia avernot radio Cereal a place in the. Sun will continue very soon But Firstly we're Chatting. To lady, Norma In, Perth hi There, lady norma oh.
Speaker 36: Hi patty, very spiritual show This morning which is only puppa's twelve midnight here and at.
Speaker 9: What time pupas?
Speaker 6: Do over there, Isn't, it yes it is yeah two thirty eight thirty you need, to, go.
Speaker 36: To, the dentists yes thirty anyway.
Speaker 22: Are you going?
Speaker 21: Into, the priest ALL day.
Speaker 2: Well you know i had someone else say, that to me one. Time, said like a priest look it depends on. THE calls That we get i guess i'll. React to what comes through it's just that time of morning where we. TALK about all. Different, STUFF i guess today well I.
Speaker 36: Have to agree with shane it was. Just before EVERYTHING he said but here's pompi eighty would have.
Speaker 2: BEEN i'd written, it down i don't know but he wants us to.
Speaker 11: Know more about him book i'm going to Have To. Read this something Pompy Elliot There.
Speaker 36: It, is, pompey elliot elliott yeah okay write it Down because at the moment i've got, A bit of free time i might be.
Speaker 21: ABLE to read a book i.
Speaker 24: Haven't, Read one for.
Speaker 2: Years yeah i'd love to it's funny they've been talking about there's something in the media today about young people reading books. And HOW great it is so i thought it'd be. Nice, to, read a Book.
Speaker 36: Yeah Well particularly in australia. But i'll tell you what and it's sort of a bit of, a worry about the world, and, everyone saying. To me oh don't worry normally you, won't leave, to SEE it you know because i, am eighty two coming up well, almost JUST gone, eighty, two.
Speaker 9: And i think WELL?
Speaker 36: Where the, heck am i but today OVER a number, of Things i listened to.
Speaker 22: Particularly.
Speaker 36: I'm six pr over here there's a number of people and one of the radio announcers doesn't like the fact that the labor government here because a lot of people, don't like the labor Government And they don't Like rita safiotti building this metroanet and all these big stations. And new trains and everything there's, millions of dollars they spending but it's going to make a. Heck of it a difference it'll be brilliant for a lot of people that. Have to catch public transport but there is certain suburbs and there was A Few day complaining that rita sapio is spending too much. MONEY over in their, suburb i won't mention them but some of those fancy ones over. New the ocean and everything why do? We need a train service we've got Our role choices and now jaguars and all our. Drive around on the roads we. Don't need a fancy rail there's a lot of people like older people like me who don't want. To, drive on our roads no of.
Speaker 2: Course You Can build stuff So rita Sefrioti, Is the Minister for Transport sport, and RECREATION in wa there and i guess what government's role is to. Build these sorts of things so you're saying it's a good. Idea to build this infrastructure it sounds like it as long As it's not like other well the blowouts and costs. And these sorts of things hopefully they've done their.
Speaker 36: Maths, And off you go well i've just in the last, DAY or so through necessity i had. To GO to a funeral but i have been on some of the new train systems, now that are ALREADY existing, not out.
Speaker 24: Where i Live.
Speaker 21: In the area called armandale there's a bit of that that's the. Last BIT to get completed but i was Taken down to the new cannington station.
Speaker 1: And we're right.
Speaker 36: In there oh my goodness it's Like it's just transferring the perth to a part of.
Speaker 13: The rest, of the world you.
Speaker 25: Know growing up, very RAPIDLY well that's.
Speaker 2: Awesome and i mean How wonderful and beautiful is perth already to have the right infrastructure and the train system. AND those sorts of things. I don't see why not i mean that's the role of. Governments to do that, responsibly so they're building infrastructure but you've got the fancy suburbs saying well. They don't want the, work, there, the disruption sorry yeah yeah well there will be a disruption. There is that as well. Look we've all, experienced that but, you know as cities. Grow you NEED to, accommodate and as i say, that's the role of government. That's what they're there, For. Good on your lady norma thank You As a feeling for tony mack here today. And tomorrow and the weekend it's. Great to Have You here Maggie's In adela, and ACTUALLY Peter, Peters first Ad. I.
Speaker 32: Peter, Oh hi pat yeah look i'd just like to point out A couple of videos That I. Really enjoy about donald trump if you have a Look at the Twenty twenty, state of the union. SPEECH that's an excellent source i got, through about halfway through that and on each occasion as he. WHEN spoke about, different subjects i did stop paused it and researched it. And just an excellent oration and the other one is There's A Video, called, my favorite trump story right and it's an excellent thing in regard to how well paid he is to this Particular MEETING that talks about so i just like to.
Speaker 12: Point.
Speaker 32: Out, First firsthand references yeah right.
Speaker 2: So you impressed by his speech and you say as, an, orator because you know, look he's got his style AND we spoke to. Our us supporter about it it seems. To be pushing things forward. There is a strategy there there must be. A method TO, the madness because at nato ALL the countries involved that nato have lifted their defense spending to five percent Because they want. To keep trump on side that says to me that seeding that he did all those months ago, where it, was You know the tariffs and. I'll punish, you if this you know this is all a pattern of behavior that. Has led to result now so, you KNOW there's his style but i wouldn't describe him as a. Great orator or speech giver but you're inspired by what you see and what you hear. When you hear him, Talk? Is, that right there peter.
Speaker 32: Yeah have a Look at the Twenty twenty. State of the union speech and Another Interesting Thing Is the american statistics bureau statistics have excellent unemployment graph and you can click on it and Have a Look at the Black And african, and the puerto rican veteran et cetera unemployment rates all separately or lump together as a Figure. That you see in australia so what's this THE?
Speaker 2: Unemployment? Rate, in, the us correct yeah yeah so it's going Up All down on the trump? Is, that what you're saying.
Speaker 32: Ah LOOK at very hugely but I looked at it when i was going through the twenty twenty speech because one of his claims Was that He got the black and african unemployment drakedown, TO an. Absolute historic low i see and he did that by, not by spending federal money but he gave tax concessions in such a manner that if they if a company built its. Facilities IN these depressed areas and i used to do a, lot OF travel for work and i ended Up, in an area called newark Which Is, just south of new york and it's, an OLD steel refinery area and i was in quite a, nice, hotel and they said well look you. Can't go outside The HOTEL it's got safe and i thought it, just can't. BE that bad you know i got about one hundred yards and turned back around and. Went, back to the hotel. Everybody everybody was watching me it was one of those is that you gave Those, special taxing sessions, to well there.
Speaker 2: You go creative incentive there that's another thing that governments, need to do as well create incentive and generate business and employment. And those, Sorts, Of things Thank. You peter maggie and arthur we'll talk To you. After this On. Australia overnight, Maggie, In adelaide are there maggie.
Speaker 40: I've got a question and. Then that packed The comment one, is about iran and. Uranium.
Speaker 14: And then i'll.
Speaker 40: Trump yes my question with iran do?
Speaker 20: They?
Speaker 40: Have their own uranium.
Speaker 2: Hm that's a good question so where do? They get the uranium from that's what they need, to make. Those atomic bombs isn't.
Speaker 40: It australia is we are so rich and well there was so many minerals and, so on and so forth including uranium.
Speaker 7: Which.
Speaker 10: We are.
Speaker 40: Not, using Ourselves but expaulting now if iran themselves, don't have that there themselves? Where did they Obtain it.
Speaker 2: I'm just doing uranium. Is a naturally occurring. ELEMENT mind from the earth i, don't, know where it. Is fusion it's down there. So we've got it here we can dig it out Of, the ground. Here in australia can't we uronim. IS a chemical element similar i don't. Know where it comes. From they access it somehow they're either getting it from somebody.
Speaker 12: Or out.
Speaker 2: OF the ground you know i think there's A lot of talk about ukraine having those essential minerals, And these sorts of things. Australia, these, sorts.
Speaker 40: Of Places yeah yeah so obviously ukraine of course for many. Reasons, the worth fighting for yeah because of perhaps along similar lines But differently, to that of australia anyway or leave it, On alone for now now earlier on you were. Talking about. Clubs being anoritor absolutely not is certainly not that, My current, POINT of, VIEW and yeah i look i couldn't sort of change. My mind along, THE line.
Speaker 2: That's the caller, i guess said every right say that he. Was Inspired by that speech but i'd agree with you he's not known as a great. Orator or a speech giver, he's got his, own style But You know like a winston. CHURCHILL or something like that i wouldn't. Put him, IN that category but anyway i guess he can be inspiring and we'll have to go. Back and watch, THAT speech but great Artor i think there's no he often talks in, circles and The same thing doesn't he he's sort of got a pattern. With the way, he speaks. But you know, he's authentic he's being himself and he's getting in there and really ruffling, lots and lots. Of feathers That's For. Sure ARTHUR'S In, WESTFORD square go i arthur a, couple, of minutes for?
Speaker 27: You?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 12: How are you yeah.
Speaker 9: Good says Good morning again patter and jael will just be very quick Referring, to Lend With the untouchables, which robert stuck played earlier And this you'll find That I've got the d.
Speaker 37: Very leason black.
Speaker 9: And white you'll find it in that you found you'll find a Lot Of, Famous, stars like elizabeth? Montgomery bewitched What's his Name Tasavas from Kojak And Jack lord from MY wife ovo The movie I, had with Kevin and Kross which she's Robert de Niro Playing al capone And Sean, connery and and andy garson. Which is, A color one, later.
Speaker 2: On there You are and our movie man's going to be on later. ON this morning as well i Know YOU'RE. A. Fan of shane a bassett.
Speaker 16: He'll.
Speaker 2: Join, US as Well movies.
Speaker 9: Yeah i think jim's going to. Give, you a call then still he's got incredible knowledge for movies. That have not, Been, released there.
Speaker 2: You, Are yeah that's right well shane locks to take Some calls from. You and, Jim. And OTHERS thank you arthur as i look, at the on this daily somebody Who You're? A fan of elvis presley?
Speaker 4: Was that you or me OR?
Speaker 2: You sent? Me a cd? One time on this day he made his Last appearance a concert, in indiana on. This day nineteen seventy, seven we'll Take. A break maybe some elvis see if We can sneak. In some Elvis, to news after this Thursday, The Twenty sixth of june elvis presley made what would be his last Appearance at a concert in indiana on this. Day in nineteen seventy seven. He died, seven weeks later. August Sixteen, Eight forty two, elvis presley he's? Last concert honest suspicious?
Speaker 17: Minds?
Speaker 7: WHAT a marbor that.
Speaker 17: YEAH i can't walk because.
Speaker 16: I know do not speak.
Speaker 6: Why can't you SEE.
Speaker 17: What you do with i mean.
Speaker 29: WHEN you, don't believe what i?
Speaker 3: SAY don't you do.
Speaker 19: Try i Can't Walk out.
Speaker 10: This Is.
Speaker 1: Australia overnight with pat panetta great.
Speaker 2: To Have you here for The thursday morning edition of australia every Night at. Twenty sixth to june one double three sixth nine. THREE is my phone number i have, a text line here too zero four double seven six nine three six nine three to text the screen here in the studio or give us a bell as we, take your calls all. Morning all across the nation tony McManus has today, and tomorrow off ALL okay as, far as i know it it was sort of a scheduled a couple of Days on the, roster and i'm here today Tomorrow and The. Weekend With australia over night chicken. Man, Isn't Too FAR Away also ender brady's uk report is on the Way and our Radio serial place in the sun Continues very soon now chicken, man just around the corner but just looking at some papers. That ARE arriving Here Now our us REPORTER jonathan cursley SPOKE about nato and the nato nations agreeing to increasing their spend. On defense to five percent looking at The Front front of, today's financial review Front Page the article here australia. Europe Split on defense spend so australia IS standing firm against the us demands to increase defense spending Amid growing Strategic, threats from china and russia putting It at odds with the european leaders who endorse committing five percent of their ECONOMY to security At the. Nato meeting on wednesday, NIGHT, so there you go, nato, those nations, are Saying, Yes no worries mister trump we'll. Go Up to five percent australia WEST standing firm against the us saying we'll just spend, whatever we want on defense and this article saying that is in this environment where There may Be. Threats from china and russia reading on Here The front of the financial review As, The sharp Divide among asia pacific and european allies over how. To respond to geopolitical tensions emerged on the eve Of The meeting OF The North Atlantic That's Nato North Atlantic Treaty organization secretary general Mark rutt expressed concern over china's rapid military build up In vert economas and How beijing was cooperating with moscow And. Prolonging the war in ukraine so this concerns. About defense in this region Front. Page of the finn review also A bit More On the. Liberal the federal Liberal Government you might remember susan lay addressing the party saying we need. To fix a few Things And the article here Susan Lay's challenge to The old guard that the liberal parties boost it needs to boost, its ranks of, female MPs needs to continue its rapid decline needs to continue or the rapidly. Decline as a political force has won, the support of key figures but there is a disagreement over. Whether it should be enforced so talking about quotas And Bringing more females into liberal party. Because they were, just obliviator as you know they were wiped out at the last election and part of that was with the female population as Far As. Voting, for the liberal party okay we'll. Take some Calls very soon and a brady isn't too far away.
Speaker 1: Now this Is A straggio oganized With pat. Panetta through the.
Speaker 41: Para exlns, the wars, declare a Battle come down.
Speaker 19: Done the darling to the.
Speaker 41: Undure command of the, cavern by Bye the Girl Done. The darling only bilia.
Speaker 17: Darling we ain't gotten a switch sept. For, The Ring.
Speaker 19: The concert.
Speaker 2: Yes i'm Australia have. Not peppina for tony McManus AND we're going. To a Uk report now end, of BRADY'S on the line, did i.
Speaker 37: Ender good morning pass. Good to speak to again great to have.
Speaker 2: You back, On the program Of course keirstama bringing Forward. Trump's state visit to september But this is not, What, charles wanted there enderne no.
Speaker 37: This Is really interesting Today, so trump is in europe HE has been to The nato somers in the netherlands and the timing of This It's. All about PLEASING president trump so the uk government. Moving mountains on this one we were initially told that when This, second STATE visits for trump the uk was being offered that it would, be maybe mid twenty six, possibly early twenty twenty seven and now we're being told It's. Going To happen in september president trump wanted it to, happen as soon as possible and. He's Getting his way now the king had initially Said That he would like president trump to visit for maybe Lunch and A visit to balmoral in scotland at some point this year and they could sit down and hammer out the detail of The full state visit the king wanted to take, place in twenty twenty six and now we're hearing It's. Going To Happen, in september and president trump he's a very kind. Of instantaneous kind of guy he. Likes a deal done quickly he's. Going to get his way so let's see what sort of a Reception, he gets from The king because of course charles Is, very very fond of canada where He is. Of, course, the king too.
Speaker 2: Yes well very interesting and trump's stall of the obvious of keeping everyone in THE toes means that at nato you had nations moving with the spend on defense and, now this move, as well as you say the date being Shifted just to keep mister trump on side because of this start where you just. Never, know, what's coming.
Speaker 37: Next precisely look WE know he's a transactional us president the likes of, which we've never seen before and. It's all about the deal. So he's getting his way He's got, his way in europe today cracking the whip and telling people to SPEND five percent, of their gdp on defense and they're. All rowing in in line they're Falling over themselves to do trump's bidding and to be. Seen as on his side so. It's quite SOMETHING.
Speaker 2: To watch Absolutely the uk report on Australia every night WITHIN the brady and the uk TO spend millions on buying us fier jets that. Can carry new killer weapons tell. Us, More about this one Yes So.
Speaker 37: Again this IS keir starmer and The uk government sides With america and doing. Everything trump wants of them. He's ALL about the deal the uk is GOING to buy A dozen f. Thirty, five a fighter jets now these can be equipped with. Nuclear weapons If Needs, be currently the united kingdom while it has, a supply of nuclear weapons they can, only be launched from submarines so this. Will widen out the armory it's pretty much a kind Of two fingers up to russia Doing. The deal with the americans it's obviously a multi billion dollar, contract and again you Know, just shaking hands with, trump keeping Him on side and kir starmer clearly is doing everything in his power To make sure what the brits have always called. A special relationship remained, special.
Speaker 2: And As you know aur prime minister was struggling to even. SORT of get a meeting i know They had to LEAVE the trump lift. The g seven quite quickly WE wanted to Meet with trumpo all This elbow. DID regarding the orcus agreement i think, there, was a review there well. There was, a Review There so interestingly l prime minister's finding it hard to sort Of get his hands on. Trump And Have a meeting but keith starmer is making. More progress in that, Front, TO state the obvious yeah.
Speaker 37: I think it's been fascinating to watch Actually past In. All honesty, Starmer and trump you know starmer, Is a human. Rights lawyer he's a humanitarian he. Is a big legal, brain he's not, massively CHARISMATIC his, critics say, but i think you know for a studious guy who, is ultimately a Socialist Leader, leader of the labor party. HE has, played a blinder i Mean. He gets on WITH TRUMP he did that uk us. Trade, DEAL the, other week starmer i think as he approaches his, first anniversary in the job which will follow, the end of next week he is playing a blinder and a lot of other leaders are looking and just wondering How can They get time trump and starmar's, doing it, the right way. You know offering him things. It's all about the deal. He is a, transactional president he, wants deals he wants. Stuff he wants shiny things so you just got to think Of.
Speaker 2: What Can you, offer america so, keystamer obviously as you say playing. A blond a very clever it's not easy To get the attention to trump and to get. Him on side that way so maybe there's a Very, subtle art there to. Kiyostama is what you're saying he must be a strategic and playing it very, clever to, make SURE that you KNOW, as pm of the uk. He's keeping that relationship solid so he's doing a. Good, JOB on that front yeah.
Speaker 37: I think you could Not have predicted this from starmer came into power because he's. Not a massively effective speaker, he's not a, brilliant communicator and you know he spent. All his life in law he is a lawyer. Prior to becoming a politician he only. Entered politics in his fifties He Was Head, of the crown prosecution service which deals with criminals. And who to go after and his whole life up until going, into labor politics. Was law law and prosecutions and now he suddenly Is the one Man in europe who, has Trump on speed. Dial And trump Does.
Speaker 2: Listen, end BRADY On australia Evernoight the uk report and wimbledon To Commission a statue to andy murray for its anniversary one hundred and fiftieth. ANNIVERSARY in twenty twenty seven i Now You're a FAN of andy murray and i. GUESS this is good news i think he's.
Speaker 37: Brilliant what he has achieved how many, young people he has inspired certainly in this country. To go and learn, tennis his brother as well And, not forgetting his mother judy who pushed the two of them and TOOK them, out of the Uk system took them to spain where they learned From. The Absolute best in europe andy murray will have a statue In. Twenty twenty Seven at wimbledon the only. British player previously to Have One male player IS fred Perry who won us, out thinking nineteen thirty six and He was a legendary old english player and he was The last man to win Wimbledon's Men single championship until andy murray came along and Of course won It For. Scotland and The united, kingdom SO Two, wimbledon titles a Us open so, that's three Slams in total and two olympic gold medals on top of all the other matches and tournaments. He Won along the way andy murray WILL have that statue. AND i think it's brilliant i think. He's such an inspiring guy he gets A lot of grief in england because he cracked one gag on the radio years ago when he was Being Interviewed about a soccer world cup and they asked him, who would he be supporting and he Jokingly replied any one but england and, people.
Speaker 36: Did not like that and.
Speaker 37: It still gets brought up it just goes to show. You, the power, of radio.
Speaker 2: Yes that's right and you make one the statement and sometimes that the context you can sort of see, If, you were sitting, there yeah there's a joke and he's sort of, poking a bit, of fun stirring it up but obviously it.
Speaker 3: Just.
Speaker 2: Took the wrong momentum wonderful great to talk during the week As a. FILL in for tony mac i guess we'll. Talk again on the weekend. Always love having You on You enjoy your thursday and wednesday. OR whatever it Is there i think. It's wednesday where you are enjoy the rest of your week and. We'll, Talk, to you soon thanks.
Speaker 37: Nder Look forward to your pat.
Speaker 2: Thanks for, having me There He IS End of Brady the. Uk report on australia overnight just casting. An Eye on the cricket it's test, One of, The three. Series day One session two, so The Aussies have batted the, west indies are now batting. Or they yet to bat So we've got here the australians and maybe there's a. Bit of a Break THERE one hundred four have? I done this right here one hundred for, three three four hundred okay. Thirty four point two, OVERS last time we checked i. Thought there was four wickets we just, Might check, that one there jay, anyway three for one hundred Thirty. Four point two. Overs australia that's Our Score australia and the West indies yet to bat test. One of the, Three series, it's day one. Session two so Session Too many of the west indies are going to go into bat very soon and chasing that, that total of one. Hundred which is quite low it looks like we've they've really sort of damaged. Just at the first round but let's see. How this test rolls out. Breisa Is, On, The line Gooday brewiser hello pat, Brys are, DURING the week.
Speaker 21: I'm here i know a Message from Ten from cross. Are and i'm, waiting up but He?
Speaker 11: Wait Guess what pats?
Speaker 2: On, PATS on, FILLING in yeah.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 24: Bet i bet a ring i've got.
Speaker 21: TWO things to tell you i just find On the first years that I'm putting, TOGETHER a go fundly Page i met A go fanily page for pat for a brass statue at The Plants forew.
Speaker 2: Like the andy murray statue do You?
Speaker 4: Hear that at, the.
Speaker 2: Yeah Well That's right yeah with? Andy murray? Can get one why not There you. Are and go thunby page so? How you go, With, that the.
Speaker 21: Second thing yeah remember the project about the six Buttons on? The on, the, donner cover oh.
Speaker 2: Yes yeah you got an email saying that you should use you should use like cray because you're Changing the. Buttons on your donner cover you got a dinner? With, both connect.
Speaker 9: Turned.
Speaker 21: Up YEAH that turned up so i had to put the six new buttons on. Because they kept coming undone so What's? Just, about wearing li likera no?
Speaker 6: Not like.
Speaker 2: Not like her what's? The thing that the velcrow someone suggested because you spoke last, time about sewing the, buttons they send an email so tell. BRIS that, To use velcrow.
Speaker 21: I thought i'll just ask the. Alterations down at the plaza she's got a shop there and she had she had on.
Speaker 34: A bit of.
Speaker 21: A CHARGE i'll, WALK you and i said i got six Buttons to. Put on the doner cover, and then the, first thing her assistant says if she wanted done straight away or, in the next twenty round. It's next to TWENTY.
Speaker 11: Dollars, and, then and i said well how?
Speaker 24: Much of, the six.
Speaker 21: Buttons she said thirty dollars that's thirty dollars plus twenty that's fifty. To put six buttons on sow home?
Speaker 9: LAST watch, it.
Speaker 21: Last night, i said here WE go got out and i. Put on the sixth button happy ending everything's good and you think that if you want any. Anything like you're richie socks, if you get.
Speaker 2: Hold up must be. Satisfying. So there you are browser he's a good he's. A handyman around the house he's worked out and put the buttons on. Six buttons, on, His dinner well done, mate so there, you are as he says, if you need anything done just send It To his house in coffs harby.
Speaker 36: Will.
Speaker 2: Do it For you okay, so, the oddsies are. Batting Okay thirty five overs west indies aren't. Batting is yet they're bowling so we've got three four one hundred and two and it's The first day and the aussies won the toss and they're batting as. We, speak, in the cricket okay well will we? Take a break or this kenny want? To talk To?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 2: Now, is that kenny Yeah. Okay let's, Talk, to kenny hi there? Kenny?
Speaker 34: How are, You.
Speaker 2: Pat yeah i'm good kenny.
Speaker 22: How's?
Speaker 6: My my?
Speaker 22: Aw's my? Favorite my favorite my? Favorite my, favorite, talk beat?
Speaker 2: Going well mate? Going well how's My favorite Listener and caller kenny From? Redcliffe on.
Speaker 22: What's this Tuesday?
Speaker 2: What's What's? Happening this tuesday Today's? Thursday what's happening on Tuesday What?
Speaker 22: What, Day, is.
Speaker 2: Today's tuesday. No no today's, Thursday, Morning Don't confuse.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 2: Kenny, it's. Thursday, morning tuesday yeah. Tuesdays well it's. The Date it's. Next week whatever tuesday is. Let's have a look here Tuesday. Is the first. Of july there you go it's the first. Day of the financial year you're going to, GET all your finances ready I.
Speaker 22: Guess WHAT first of JULY if i told you i go to that that that can?
Speaker 37: Be called with?
Speaker 16: A biulty.
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 22: Was that we're not going that?
Speaker 42: Can, be, called will abilty yeah okay we.
Speaker 32: Are going there on on the for you Line, Down, Down.
Speaker 42: The, h coburn yeah coburn yeah and get and get get the get the manager min from from from from go, Around to.
Speaker 12: MANDRA all right.
Speaker 2: Oh nice I used to, Work in mandro you know kenny in. Radio a, FEW years ago, now gee i, don't know oh two thousand this, maybe just. Midd, LATE nineties nineteen. Nineties yeah I was there so there i. Drop INTO the radio station so hiu of? THE team there for me i think there's a STILL few people there that. I used to, Work. With good on you kenny well that's good Looking forward to that on tuesday you're going to do a trip around the place with some friends there and enjoying your. Wonderful region, There, In wa well. Done kenny, thank, you MATE now now now now i should do some weather for you and then we need, to play our radio series which? Is what's it called, again.
Speaker 27: Oh?
Speaker 2: You've switched me mic off was that you? A place in the sun are you switched? You to talk to?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 2: Place In the sun okay so perth sunny and twenty degrees is the weather Today, six degrees currently in adelaide partly cloudy. In fifteen degrees right Now. It's ten here in adelaide melbourne a share of too in. A top of thirteen Degrees, currently seven degrees in hobart partly cloudy In four fourteen right. Now Hobart on seven, degrees in, aubuadongas morning frost partly. Cloudy top of, twelve today, canberra morning frost partly cloudy top Of eleven today right now canberra is. Sitting on minus Three degrees it's cold in sydney becoming cloudy, and sixteen Degrees right now nine degrees newcastle Shower of two and seventeen brisbane sunny Today and twenty degrees for brisbane Right now it's eleven degrees townsville sunny and Twenty seven becoming cloudy in Cans and also twenty seven darwin a mostly sunny day today thirty two and our. Spring sunny and nineteen degrees there's your national Weather, around the place for Thursday. The twenty sixth of june we'll take a break And Come.
Speaker 19: Back with that.
Speaker 2: Radio, cereal no we won't, Oh, WE'VE got more here okay i take a break and then and some. More calls after the break here we go your calls one Double three Six nine three. Australia Overnight thursday Morning edition. Pat pineta for Tonny, Mcmaus, I'm in Today thursday tomorrow friday for tony Mack and also across the weekend's a great debut company for The next four days In Australia EVERYNIGHT Soon our radio Cereal a place in the sun will continue looking at the on this day List Of, twenty sixth To June today the first grand prix motor race was held over The Two. Day period at leman's friends on, this Day nineteen oh Six, The Beatles flew to dunedin new. Zealand and performed, two concerts on, This Day nineteen sixty Four Kevin. Rudd was returned, prime minister remember this period The Back and forth when julia gillard Called a leadership vote back on this day twenty thirteen, And A famous birthday today Patti Smith was born in. New york on this day nineteen fifty seven was the year that. Makes Her sixty eight today patty. Smith lots of great songs She's the lead singer with scandal and he. Is one of Her Songs because the night patti, Smith having a, birthday today she's sixty eight nice one. Because the night fi.
Speaker 17: Wait love is a banquet on which we bed come on.
Speaker 2: In under.
Speaker 27: Do you when i'm in your Head in my day into monda come most the cat, hurting.
Speaker 19: Half can hurt you.
Speaker 17: Half can hurt your.
Speaker 3: Night we got, to night belong to loast.
Speaker 27: Because, The night belongs to last because, the night belongs to. LOVE because belongs To last.
Speaker 30: I bad when i'm alone love. Is the range the telephone.
Speaker 27: Love Is an angel disguise last you're in.
Speaker 17: A bit until.
Speaker 30: The morning come come.
Speaker 27: Next thespeial moment in my can that underspends the kiss to the half desun.
Speaker 17: To that its not.
Speaker 30: Because, the night belongs to, no.
Speaker 28: Nights belongs to last because, the night belongs to.
Speaker 19: No because belongs to.
Speaker 17: You should burst first to that.
Speaker 30: Sundst not leave.
Speaker 2: There, you go on this Day. The twenty sixth of. June having a birthday Today, The Lead, singer of scandal patti smith is sixty eight today and there's, one of their hit songs because. The night belongs to lovers we'll take a break and we're back with the next exciting, EPISODE Of our radio Serial a place in The sun. Continues after this thursday morning welcome to a brand new day Of. The twenty, sixth to june greatavy company as we take your calls on one double Three Six nine three on Pat panetta filling In, For tony mac today tomorrow. Friday AND into The Weekend Now us Expert Professor aiden warren from. Romt university will, join us after the break we'll have a bit of a robust discussion About the Decision to bomb IRAN. By trump and the us he says it was higher risk and high stakes and it was a better way and. It could have been avoided so we'll discuss that and should, those bombers being sent in what will the fallout BE and more, With Our Us political expert PROFESSOR Aiden. Warren From r mit university after news. Which Is one minute Away.
Speaker 1: He's Australia overnight. With pat panetta.
Speaker 2: Australia overnight now what will BE the fallout From? The us strikes on Iran Our Next guest Is Professor. Aiden, warren from root university now, this is changing pretty Quickly This, crisis in the middle east but the, time of recording this discussion, shortly before going To air we KNOW that trump called the us to Strike three nuclear Sites IN iran using the american b Two bombers. AND the bunker buster bomb a few other details too to talk about with our next guest as, far as what's, happening now Including the? Ceasefire how will iran respond we know there's BEEN a hit On. The us bas in qatar how successful were the strikes and? Will there be more, Bombing To Discuss it further Professor aiden Warren, From the School Of global URBAN And. Social Studies, At, mit, university hi there aiden. Welcome, back to the.
Speaker 4: Show hi how.
Speaker 2: ARE you i'm good now i just wanted to mention that we're recording just before going to because. Things are, moving, quite quickly, but yeah well you know ceasefire is something we're looking at. At this point in. Time those questions are interesting, How successful were the strikes, will there Be more? Bombing how will iran respond what's going? To go with the ceasefire? Your thoughts, And all, this please aiden oh boy.
Speaker 6: There's lots of unpacked there look at. The moment we are.
Speaker 15: At, a ceasefire has declared initially it Was DECLARED. This morning from donald j trump that there was a ceasefire between he Had broken A, seaside between israel and iran and then, there was more details that of course this was orchestrated or. Also BROKEN by the guitar president. I believe in the equation and then from there on in the details were a Bit murky As to whether israel and iran.
Speaker 6: Had agreed on.
Speaker 15: The terms, but we've seen you know over, The course of the day iran has come out and indicated that it has agreed with, the Terms of the agreement and israel has ALSO. Said It Agreed To us president donald trump cespire proposal Following.
Speaker 6: Its military successes in iran so.
Speaker 15: Obviously the this eease fire has been announced obviously. With a time time, Frame but In the meantime israel and, iran been also you know continue on with their various assertive, bombing campaigns and so forth trying to get a few few, away before of of, course the ceasefire, you know comes into play which in itself is you know it always maccab thing ABOUT war the. Other thing i will say so obviously this follows, a long procession. Of events we know it he really, got to, the point where you know Obviously We have the the Israel iran conflict Or. The israel invasion, of iran that's you know probably in. This eleventh or twelfth day and then of course that went back and Forward to the point where trump of course came into the equation because Obviously it Was illustrated to trump that iran, Did not have the sorry israel did not have the capabilities, to get into you know get. Those the requisite nuclear sites we saw, the lead up to that which, of course, WAS you know you know i mean like something out of a movie in a way where you had A decoy couple of b B, two.
Speaker 6: Bombers heading to guam and then you had Another Procession. Moving to the middle east then you have of course bombers going in overnight.
Speaker 15: And hitting those three sites and then of course One the one Submarine, sending tomahawk strikes into isfahan which is one of the third.
Speaker 6: Which is the, third site the main sites Of course were were definitely fudoh and of course the tns and so.
Speaker 15: Those were with bunker busters then there, was a, whole debate about You know whether or, not trump had the authority and then, there's a, whole debate about you know did this is a big one that came to the four did those bunker busses actually really get inside and do the records of damage to really destroy the material or the side of the infrastructure and, the centrifuges and so forth particularly in photo, in terms, of the tons of course did.
Speaker 5: That to what?
Speaker 6: Extent did they get it did?
Speaker 15: To get inside the tons And, then of course in isfahan to what extent was it able to get the secured or Uranium that was already enrich and that led To another debate about did iran actually have?
Speaker 6: Time to move that material.
Speaker 4: So there's been.
Speaker 15: A whole, lot going on i mean IT'S really been a and i, won't say hours our proposition but, it's been really you know every, file four or five.
Speaker 6: HOURS there's, been something developing i mean and the world has.
Speaker 15: Been waiting, With beta breath of course So after those Strikes From, trump in the united states then everyone was waiting with Beta breadth of what was. Iran's response going, to be and they responded of course with their.
Speaker 6: Their sending Twelve.
Speaker 15: To thirteen missiles to guitar, really what you Easily intercepted THEY also advised Guitar And i. Believe the united states Action They, didn't advise the united states they advised us.
Speaker 6: How that these were coming. Nothing really was substantially damaged. I'm telling you, a lot and? You asked?
Speaker 2: What, did, ask very, interesting yes yes.
Speaker 15: But basically look that, went through to the keeper those those that were thraarted or they went they were inconsequential those missiles.
Speaker 5: And then just.
Speaker 2: To be warned and. Inconsequential to fire the missiles is that a bit Of an active force from iran. To showcase what they're doing but then they didn't really want to do as much damage as they could by. Warning people and easily intercepted is there something we. Can, read into that.
Speaker 29: Situation yes you're.
Speaker 15: Pit then on the head basically, from my point OF view this is what i think, is is really you know it's Sometimes referred, to as a goldilocks strike where you're just, Wanting to get it right, You're wanting to save FACE you're wanting to if.
Speaker 6: I Was the supreme leader of iran really wanted To at least.
Speaker 15: Look like i'm doing something i'm not just sitting there idol and not, responding to those you know significant significant Attacks Of course by the united states, on those three you know Really significant pillars of the iranian states in. Terms of those nucleo, sides and then of course you know you want to. At least be doing something you know, your your power is waning you know your your missile your missile capacities has been diminished over, the last week or so and. So you send, This, Strike it's, almost like okay i've responded and then hopefully that will be where things are said Or Example enough from the united states not to get think.
Speaker 6: Of hardcore back their response they let that. Go through to, the keeper.
Speaker 15: Israel of course has still Kept up Its campaign hitting iran And. Iran vice versa to israel but, it's probably, allowed an opportunity of course where something. WAS able To be broken i mean trump's of course said that he He's organized The, deal between israel and iran but, it's Also come out That, as i've alluded to guitar the leader has come out and also helped Broke or helped discuss with iran coming towards moving, towards a ceasefire which hopefully hopefully.
Speaker 6: Can work towards coming towards. A conclusion to this.
Speaker 15: War but remember, the ceasefires let's face so, without going on too much ceasfires in the context of if we look at It.
Speaker 6: In The, context of ukraine and russia well you know. They can be, easily, contravened.
Speaker 2: Well that's right yes Yes Australia Have a Night Professor aden warren, from ROMT universities with. Us the us political? Expert was there another way did it? Have to, be this Way you know diplomacy and israel were concerned with The world was concerned about iran and making nuclear, weapons for a long time. And it's come to this was this the only way to sort of bring it to ahead and get in there and eliminate the. Production capabilities of these. Bombs. And here we are well, from, my point of view.
Speaker 6: YES there was another option i thought there was.
Speaker 15: A good thing in Tackle It Was called the iran nuclear deal that went from twenty fifteen To eighteen as. One of obama's signature agreements it went A long way to mitigating iran as the threats. In terms of NUCLEAR weapons and also so i thought that. That, was already, in place trump of course in twenty eighteen got rid, of that because you know he wanted widen it to Include other, activities of the iran states and also He wanted it, was an obama signature agreement.
Speaker 6: So that there was probably personal things, from my point of view that got you wanted him.
Speaker 15: To get rid of it but if, we fast forward to now, FROM my point OF view i think that, i think, that going in you know the threat wasn't imminent as.
Speaker 6: What is being made out they.
Speaker 15: Had a nuclear enrichment program they were enriching up to levels that were PROBABLY beyond that you know i, have for nuclear energy purposes but. They were they were enriching they did not have the delivery capabilities a long way of having a delivery. Capability for a nuclear weapon and that's the other thing that, comes from c, the equation and excuse me they had the and so that was that's the other thing that comes in the equation for me is they didn't HAVE the DELIVERY and AND i really i think i had problems also with, the notion that you know invading another state to really and then and really going hard with interventions and USE a military force is i don't think. IT'S a way to go i, think this, is HIGH stakes high risk and i Wouldn't get carried away, that trump's, pulled it off you know in TERMS of getting a.
Speaker 6: Ceasefly cpi is one thing but now we have.
Speaker 15: To nut out an agreements, we have, to Nut out You know as, iran and israel.
Speaker 6: Accepting terms and we have to hope that there is not. Any other skirmishes in between and we also have to hope that there's.
Speaker 15: Not other any Retaliation with other boxes of iran and and Other friends and allies. Of iran in the region so there's a. Lot to play itself out, it's a good result now but, FROM my point OF view i think that i would have preferred you know there was.
Speaker 12: We were up To that there was A.
Speaker 15: Trump in fairness to trump was his administration was in their Fifth round of talks with iran and they're about to have the Sixth round Of talks with iran when israel took It, upon ITSELF to attack.
Speaker 6: Iran and i thought, that you, know those talks you know people say they weren't. GOING to yield mey thing i.
Speaker 15: Think that there could have been a, Deal nutted out of that but depends on where. YOU are on the spectrum i think that there. COULD have been another option i think it was high risk intervening in another state and potentially opening Up A regional.
Speaker 6: War even world war three well one.
Speaker 2: Double Three Six nine three professor, adam warren's on the line and, if you want, to comment agree or disagree That's Our numbers here at australia night. Wonderuble three six nine three you said they, didn't have the delivery capability but wasn't it only a matter of time that? Would Work, it out though professor.
Speaker 6: Well well that's the whole.
Speaker 15: That's, a real good Question Look when the around nuclear deal was signed, and ratified and so forth it, expanded around nuclear breakout capacity, from twelve to forteen months and, basically there was you know there were sanctions that could have easily, been snapped back Into Place And There was international atomic energy agency inspectors, always inspecting sites at all at all times whenever. They wanted to at will when that was Of course scotched, by The trump administrate, stration the iran you know regime started enriching up to, other levels and higher levels into dangerous, levels also because you know why would you be Wanting to comply with the, west when they're you know they are the ones who walked.
Speaker 43: Away with that particular agreement that's that's the way. You can, look at it but look my view is that they were enriching up. To a sixty percent level you need about ninety percent to, even have the requisite material so probably about two to three weeks away from.
Speaker 15: That if they wanted to but then they, have to have the missile then they have to have the harness that particular technology into a light enough warhead to again be able to. Wage this sort, of attack so to me according to and again according to other, people in the nuclear domains there, was still ample you know there was still ample time to go and look.
Speaker 6: From, my, Point of view also again.
Speaker 15: Iran is Part Of, The nuclear non proliferation treaty it, Does not have nuclear weapons it did. Not Have a nuclear bomb, north korea has nuclear weapons IS. Not part of the, mpt israel has nuclear weapons Is Not Part of the NUCLEAR. Nonproliferation treaty, Or the, npt pakistan does india does and they are both Also Not Part, of the nuclear ompliferation treaty and they yet. Afforded All sorts of Concessions so i'm not saying i'm a proponent of, around having a Nuclear weapon, BUT from an iraan perspective i think that needs we play.
Speaker 6: Itself out, into the equation you Know They're Part.
Speaker 15: Of the nuclear oppliferation treaty THOSE four, Nation, States, That, i Mentioned Pakistan india israel and north korea Are Not Part, of the nuclear nonproliferation treaty, and they have nuclear weapons and they do not allow.
Speaker 6: Inspections, into their respective sites.
Speaker 2: Yes is the only difference as you. Made a good point there but the difference, might, Be the fact, that well israel are there and it's easy for us to say because, we're a long way away and let's try to negotiate this way. And you're all over It, but if you're in israel maybe. This is a political mode if it's a greater threat and it's Just next door and the gaza, thing and it's all happening that's. The difference in my mind, you mentioned these other places but it's quite unique what we've Been Watching there in the middle east in that threat just Across the road there From iran has meant that israel has decided to try to stop them within whatever they, were doing with nuclear weapons and. That's what's led to, this but your point is WHAT about those other count.
Speaker 15: I don't DISAGREE with that, i, mean i, THINK that yeah you're right I don't, understand why from israel's perspective why they enjoy having The Nuclear. Monopoly in the middle east So The only country in middle east that has a nuclear monopoly right and has nuclear, weapons and has you know in between three, and four hundred nuclear weapons that's a lot and so therefore they probably don't want to be sharing that power with Another Nation.
Speaker 6: State in THE middle, east but from i think, from FROM a rain. Perspective how i.
Speaker 15: CAN understand i'm not condoning i would not want them, to GET a nuclear weapon but i think they like the fact that they had a little bit.
Speaker 6: Of nuclear ambiguity because it was their way of.
Speaker 15: Having a bit of deterrence it was their ways, hope hopefully, making you, know you know their threats because we can't, Just assume that, you know israel has threats and therefore we always we're Always going to. Look after israel's perceive threats there's other nation states in that region, they, Feel under threat also right so it's.
Speaker 6: The Which is their tactic and.
Speaker 15: I'm not condoning, those either i'm just, saying when you have dynamics they don't just come they don't just come born out of nowhere.
Speaker 6: Sort, of so to speak.
Speaker 2: Yes everyone's playing their card and, this in this you know, this thing that we're watching this conflict that we're. All HOLDING our breath on so i guess as, we go one, Double three six nine three i'm going to ask? You where to from. Now but we don't know do it feels like a bit of? A de escalation to me now we've had a flaring up and let's hope that it can just sort. Of, Settle down a.
Speaker 15: Bit well i'm going, to be optimistic ABOUT it? YOU know What i mean I know i'm trying to i'm being quite frank and. Trying to wave, EVERYTHING up but you know i, think now that we're here, now that we've you know, we've we've we've gone right we've gone, right up TO you know how do i?
Speaker 6: Say This is high risks. Maybe i'm mistaken about it. This Is a higher risk if trump pulls a, rabbit out of the hat, which, you just might, do well then You know.
Speaker 15: We on the i'll be the, first is hopefully you Know if this means that iran and we'll get maybe.
Speaker 6: Even some regime change with. A decent regime in there if this means that there'll, be no More you.
Speaker 15: Know there'll be israel will settle down and won't be just contravening other states as borders. And Doing what they will will if this means that other states in the region behave a little better and we can get, some sort of you know, Less tension in the region i'll be the, first, to sort, of.
Speaker 6: Say hey well.
Speaker 15: Done but, the rabbit's pulled you know he's pulled a bit of a rabbit. Out of hat for now, but let's face. It again anything can change by the. Time this goes to Air this is a cease now we need to work out. The terms of an agreement now we need to get both parties. To AGREE to the Agreement and i know that iran will be still wanting, certain things going Their.
Speaker 6: Way and so will israel and that's YOU know. As well as i did that's going to. Be really hard to broker and if they do not and they.
Speaker 15: Do not come to terms well then there'll be a return to escal there'll be a return, to missiles from both sides and then you could again. Have us into the, EQUATION so From my end i, know i'm talking a lot but REALLY there's a lot. To i Play itself out i'm very i'm stoked that. THERE is a cease fire i hope continues into an agreement. That both parties agree on i'd love to see regime change with a decent regime Comes to the fore in iran and then hopefully go To Everlasting.
Speaker 6: Peace in the middle east that. Would be my ultimate goal.
Speaker 2: You're being modest and kind, saying you're talking a lot. And it's very sharp. Analysis this is, your world you get it and you can, you know you're watching it and you're giving us your true insight and it's very helpful for our listeners and for me to sort of hear. What you've got to say and of, course, we process, and think well you know we see it on The News And what? Is professor adams warren saying so thank You For Your. Time on australia overy night we'll talk to you. Soon again on, The program thank you.
Speaker 6: Anytime Thank.
Speaker 2: You very Much australia overnight it's The Thursday, morning edition on Pat panetta filling in for tony McManus who's off. For a couple of days, as we take your calls one, double three six nine? Three what's on your mind we'd love to know one double three six nine? Three is my phone number text line zero four double seven six. Nine three six nine three few reactions To The Discussion, there with professor aidan warren which we'll get to on the text. And on the phones Soon WE'LL.
Speaker 12: Talk.
Speaker 2: Movies with shane a bassett. That ISN'T too far away Our Afl. Footy tips with damian. Tardio that's ALSO coming up the big afl Story of the Day Is carlton and coach michael voss Due To underperformance with the Cult Blues looking at the herald sun here sport Pages not time to. Cut voss is the headline coach says. Conversation is Unnecessary Under pressure carlton coach michael voss says he's Had no conversations with the. Blues powerbrokers about his tenure voss said He was not looking Past Thursday night's clash with Port Adelaide and at the adelaide oval as the Pressure Rises on the struggling Blues Saturday's, disappointing loss to north melbourne pressure On the club and on. Voss's Status, as senior coach so damien we'll talk about that and. Give us some footy tips. He isn't too FAR away when We talk afl, Footy on australia every night rodney is, on THE Line?
Speaker 34: In?
Speaker 2: Packing?
Speaker 22: Am i Rodney Yeah, Good hey hey garl, yeah i'm.
Speaker 2: Going okay Mate.
Speaker 22: That's good you know i'm At your long supporter and. I'm PRETTY pair of it but.
Speaker 32: I just said.
Speaker 22: That bit of their carton YOU know how many coaches i had. In my backs go exactly you know they got the conny and now they reckon he were from boy and tell me and no? Way, know.
Speaker 2: Who's. THAT boss.
Speaker 22: Yeah, THAT'S right, I like, Rocky i reckon i reckon. He's not a, bad coach but you know they they just. Need to, blame their coach you know the coaches. Have heard that's.
Speaker 2: Interesting one you've. Sort of, heard that often you know we tend to blame the? Coach is it the players and then, somebody said with with cricket it's, different with, Cricket Of course you. Know marnus, lavashane and, others you, know you're in, you're out judy your. PERFORMANCE but not the coach i wonder? Why footy? Is that way interesting question. THE coach is little leader i guess you look, at playing style. As well and, that matters, but, Don't know don't know mate.
Speaker 22: But you take the curriculus they play. All out of the, world, they get a fortune yep so they kind to make the best.
Speaker 2: Of the while ayre there, well that's. All OF us isn't it and i guess that's. The sort of thing, too when you're in sport, you're a professional sports person it's a shorter career and you make the best. Of, it while you're there now let's have look at the cricket As You say that the west indies The first? Game of this test? Series Where are we there j man so five for. One hundred and thirty four just up there five. One hundred AND thirty four so the, oss IS a batting okay the oss is a bat in five for. One hundred And Thirty. Four we've got sam? Constance how did He go? Three runs for? Sammy Boy not very good usmand kawaja forty. Seven And he's now out cameron green made three runs so they really sort. Of Hammered into us there josh, ingles five runs and out currently at the, crease his head not, Out fifty, seven doing. Better well Done Young man we've got, bo webster med. Eleven Runs He's a goner and Alex carey is batting with travors's head not out. And he's currently on. Six so there you go that's the cricket that will keep an eye On first. Game of that test series let's, say hi to in fact you do know. What we need to do we, Need to take a break. We'll look at the papers what's. Coming up with the news the papers Are starting To arrive and david in israel wants to. Chat to us as well and your calls one double three six nine Three phone. Now right here australia overnight good a Good Day, Of Company on pat panetta australia, overy night one double three six nine? And three is my number text line zero four double seven six nine three six nine And, three on the text david you might want. To hear these messages HERE this text message saying i don't believe anyone's. Asking. What this bloke thinks pat this is Reacting To the Discussion with professor. Aiden warrem us political Expert ANOTHER. Message here from tony t this bloke is supposed. To be a professor question. You have to be kidding he's out of touch. With reality as could. Be he says that message why are We, listening To this anti trump? Anti israel so? Called professor get Him off He's? Another MESSAGE David's In? Israel Could. I, David.
Speaker 14: Hi patch.
Speaker 12: David yes i'm actually?
Speaker 35: Shocked?
Speaker 7: CAN you.
Speaker 4: HEAR me yes i?
Speaker 2: Can't i can hear. You, You said you're shocked.
Speaker 35: Yeah i'm ACTUALLY shocked that you who i always THOUGHT was most fair and i really really loved the, PROGRAM when you, do it i adore it and. YOU say such clever thing i don't know where YOU found this person from i. Cannot BELIEVE he's a PROFESSOR all. I can say i WON'T i won't Said what I said to. JAKE because i'm too polite i can't use. Works like it ON here. Jane knows what i think i've to sent pictures, through to you, should be you should, be you should be sacked you should. Be removed from these job is. THAT he's well court. JESTER i won't use Work. I, WON'T use the trump.
Speaker 20: Look i know What.
Speaker 2: You're, A referring to, david, Yes, I.
Speaker 35: Can say yes well i can, say it's A thank god thank god churchill was in charge in nineteen thirty Eight or thirty nine when Hitler. Was about and not chamberlain and thank god this. Idiot professor wasn't In charge You'd be speaking. German and i'd be dead that's how. The, world, would look like Yes yes this guy. Or CHAMBERLAIN wasn't in charge and i won't, say ANYTHING more than that But i.
Speaker 32: Must moved.
Speaker 35: Into israeli territory they, Didn't we didn't. Invade them they invaded us Duran is trying to destroy israel, When they finished with this they're Not. Going to finish with israel They're going, To start on christenden too They're going. To start on europe also it's no, Secret, Everybody knows.
Speaker 2: You're right, david you're right but yes and there was there was some point of the discussion where he was defending or paying or Looking at, it from the iran. Perspective but he he wasn't he wasn't supporting THEM to the extent. THAT i think you're suggesting i thought it was, tipping that way, at times but you know he was analyzing the full situation and. GIVING it a full picture i know it's very sensitive For, you There being in israel and i'm glad, you SAY that about me and i, do SUPPORT the moves made and, i know, it's a. Threat and yes you're right on many occasions on this program we've spoken about what a must have done and those terrorists and what happened on that day, and how the narrative changed and we all scratched our head and wondered why that. It WAS airbrush from history but i get there's, a few things in there but there was also a. Balanced View there as well now i've, invited him, on THE program you know and i wonder whether people are being, A, Bit unfair, on him david. No professor guys.
Speaker 35: An idiot was there ever a Balance? To you on the nazis was there Ever a balance you on paul pot And What? He did in, cambodi campuccios you remember that whereas you're a, little bit younger than me but were similar sort of you obviously. You must remember what happened there.
Speaker 3: Was.
Speaker 35: That a balance thing balance, when you've got bad. GUYS you take, Them out, i remember, saying i'm joking but.
Speaker 2: Yes but he was talking about A. Shift of regime in iran, he'd like to, See that he was saying i'd love to. See that if, that Happened his point was but, i'm just sort of saying. This is a, good discussion he, was saying. IT'S high risk high stakes. I hope it works out but at, this point he you know that was a sort of a a gist.
Speaker 12: Of what, he was.
Speaker 2: Saying high risk high, stakes. If it works, out wonderful, if it doesn't you know we've got a. Bigger problem to deal with it's sort of part, Of. What he, was saying david but yes you.
Speaker 35: Know you have many supporters we do have a bigger problem to do with a, lot of people. THINK here it's not over a, lot of people.
Speaker 24: Think Here it's not over.
Speaker 35: Nataniel bibis he is called him and now he said at the very beginning that the news was supporting at the very beginning that they think this. IS a two weeks thing i, SAID to, MY life too i said i think. IT'S also only two weeks i don't think we've, got any longer to do the world to do, the work for two weeks the world is, going, to, support and, say hey Yes you guys you're, Not you're not saving yourself you're, Not saving your own. Backside you're saving the world you all know what. Your around wants to do you, know there they support terror they support terror.
Speaker 5: And, terror, around the, world.
Speaker 2: Yes yes and look it was pointed out to, him and, in this discussion you know he spoke about other countries that might have access to those. Sort of weapons as well and you might remember it was, pointed, out to him that, oh hang on a second it's a. Little different in. This situation he acknowledged, That, But, there you are, david, LOOK we're you know yes i invite people on and they talk about it from their perspective THEN you phone up and i can tell you through the messages you've got lots of support. And we do support, you we do support You, and we do support israel and we know there's a threat and we know that, it needs to be contained and we just. Hope that's, What happens next my friend.
Speaker 35: I'll tell you one short Story and then, and Then i'll leave you because i'm. Sure there are other quirls so it's a, very it's a human. Story a VERY interesting story this morning i had to witness, a will for, a friend for a lawyer, and he needed. A witness, and, we're friends i said yeah of course i'll do it. For you're not MY problem and the guy i walked into the guy And. He heard Me speak english the, person i'm not The friend. The friend's the english lawyer but the other person who's ready he heard me speaking? NEWS said, where, you're from i said. Well it's, across, the road he?
Speaker 5: Said?
Speaker 35: NO where, you're, From originally I. Said well i'm, From.
Speaker 16: Australia looks, at me australia he says you guys used.
Speaker 35: To be such good?
Speaker 16: Guys you, still love us?
Speaker 35: He said what happened.
Speaker 12: There why, are they all he said Why?
Speaker 35: Are they all anti semitic Why? Are they, Also anti, ISRAEL he said he said i used to have dealings with. One of the police commissioners He said. He was, an, italian guy there's. Many many many years ago, he DIDN'T remember his name and i couldn't.
Speaker 5: Tell you.
Speaker 35: Who it was he said this guy shouted. Him with, love and infection he. Said we're on your side? You know What's going on where?
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 5: Laura?
Speaker 35: And all that this, that and now they said what on earth?
Speaker 16: Has happened to?
Speaker 35: You guys WHAT'S happen there that's. What i leave you with and people think, about that something's gone WRONG and well you and i know where it's come from in The. Past few years, in, australia breakdown of law laws. Breakdown ALL, sorts of, Things but i you. KNOW i'll leave it there i let other PEOPLE have this, SAY and i just say i love you and.
Speaker 6: YOU do.
Speaker 12: A good job i lovely.
Speaker 2: I really really no worries you're on.
Speaker 35: The right side of the fence and on, the right side of history on the Right.
Speaker 2: Side of the mac yes to.
Speaker 4: Be right.
Speaker 2: Sort of history that's, right good, on your mate because yes look a few people. Got to, Make. A call thank you david and it is a shame that it oversees people, would think that, about us, this great. COUNTRY this great great culture i think perceptions, have been are that overseas which is a, SHAME and, A little inaccurate i think but there is, evidence TO point towards that and i, think it's about The leadership and it's about elbow and others sort of maybe taking a punt each way When it comes to backing israel or making a decision on that probably were more than. Probably politically Motivated For. Sure jim's, In, Westford square Good ay Jim?
Speaker 8: Good morning pat?
Speaker 34: And?
Speaker 22: Jay how?
Speaker 12: Are?
Speaker 2: You pat going?
Speaker 31: Well?
Speaker 2: Jim what about you? Mate what's on your.
Speaker 8: MIND i'm not too bad i, wanted TO renew much. EARLIER but i does both i didn't. Realize what the Time was didn't know if neil the truck. DRIVERS called him this morning i DON'T think he has because i used to hear him and then he seems. To go on, And disappear if he's listening i'd like to say good morning. To him If He's driving Also To, joan up and Deva. Hills and also To david I've, never heard. DAVID from israel. Soo, Upset i never heard.
Speaker 2: Well i've said a few people look. At, the text message there look an open and free, discussion IS a, good thing, AND i think you KNOW i don't know if i should. HAVE gone harder or. Less i think it was it was a discussion about looking, at it from different perspectives which is. What WE need to do but i think we all understand that we support democracy and we support ensuring that. Everyone's safe in that region and if this was, what was meant to, happen to. Ensure that happens let's see but. It's time for a discussion. It's definitely time.
Speaker 21: For discussion As that is shane may bessett going to.
Speaker 22: Be, TAKING calls this morning, Yeah, i.
Speaker 2: Reckon he is, Yeah. Got Jay nodding that yeah he look he's on FOR a bit shorter than i, have him on the weekend about. Fifteen or minutes or so but if, You can, sneak in there jimmy boy give. Him a, Call AFTER. News All right shane a bassett news? Streaming what does it know it's Movies Streaming and showbiz, with shane bassett after news which. Is about fifteen minutes. Away we'll take A, Break beverly's In double view john's in boerlein and your calls on one Double Three Six nine Three thursday morning edition of australia and an i'd Go To a company on Pat Panetta. Filling in for tony mac it's Eleven to five On a thursday morning in beverly's On. The Line, In, DOUBLE view hi beverly hello i think it's good.
Speaker 8: That you interviewed a professor you don't want to radio station it only, percents one Point?
Speaker 14: OF view do.
Speaker 2: YOU no i think absolutely i mean we're at talkback radio station and. There's a flow of ideas we open the phones up and that's part of the, That's. Why we're number one beverly that's. WHY people listen to us i guess. Because you know we're here we open the lines up and we're real voices giving our opinions and look sometimes it goes. A bit, back and forth so yes that's. What we aim, To. Do So thank You beverly there's. John Of, Bulleen, as Well.
Speaker 7: Hi, JOHN yeah hello pat, look a lot of people or a lot of your listeners don't know. The history to all this It, started with the belfour declaration Which in essence said that israel. Was going to, Be divided he was right. Rushfield was sent the letter belfour sent the letter THAT was the beginnings of i think it was nineteen thirty, six or something like that and That the current state of palestine at the time.
Speaker 8: Was going to.
Speaker 7: Be divided roughly in half the declaration, said that the existing people their rights and their, equalities were to be respected and, it said to be clear this. Was To Happen RIGHT, then after world War ii the ships from europe with The, refuel The People From europe mainly. Jewish ashkenazi jewish people came they were they.
Speaker 2: Needed Somewhere To go, After, the world war two.
Speaker 7: Yes and they. Had a place to go and from that time on they, started breaching the belfour agreement and it was so bad that they Were Tens of thousands of, palestine indian, Who, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Me, right RIGHT john JOHN okay look i don't. I don't know. About, THAT look, IT up, Yeah, I know i know john but it depends only You talk to there about it's my understanding that people were living side by side there and It's, a democratic nation, and israel you've got people they. Respect gay people for example it's. More of a liberal society it's in sort of a pocket there where they're surrounded by nations which don't. Sort of share those values and. That's my understanding of that so, WHETHER they were, mistreating anybody i don't know. But what's my, thought there but you know we need to, understand that we you know protect the liberal democracy there. And then there's a Threat oh. And that's what i'm thinking it Doesn't. JUSTIFY the, attack in october i mean you can talk to your blue in the face that was a terrorist attack on people on that day which then. Has triggered off these events so you can talk, as much as you like it doesn't, justify that sort of behavior the terrorist behavior causing this sort of chaos and the sort of mayhem that is that we're all seeing happen because of. That attack on that day. Now it's nine to five well take. A break and come back we, are talking movies after news, which ISN'T too far away so, mafl footy tips as well and more of your calls of course on that number one double three six. Nine Three Four to five It's patty patnay macmanis in australia every night that look at the weather. For, year around the nation Thursday the Twenty sixth of June in perth today a sunday day with the top, of twenty degrees right. Now sitting on five degrees adelaide partly Cloudy in fifteen. Today Currently adelaide's eight degrees in melbourne a share of two top of thirteen Degrees, currently seven degrees in hobart partly Cloudy in fourteen right now. Hobart sitting on six degrees, aubi weredonas, and morning Frost partly cloudy, twelve degrees, canberra morning frost partly. Cloudy top of eleven degrees camber Right now minus four Degrees wollongonge partly cloudy sixteen sydney. Becoming cloudy in sixteen today Right, now it's eight in brisbane a sunny day with the top Of, twenty degrees today for brisbane and. A sunny day right now it's Currently nine degrees here in brisbane FOR. Our listeners three four bc actually we're NOT, going to, a four bc but anyway if you're, tuning in on the.
Speaker 5: App.
Speaker 2: That's your weather. Today now some famous birthdays Thursday. The Twenty Sixth of june colonel tom parker, was born on This Day. The manager of elvis presley he was born on. This day nineteen o nine he passed away eighty. Seven In, nineteen ninety seven patty Smith the lead Singer Of, Scandal Songs like love jane justin Enough And we, Played The Big, One before Really Good. One Because the night so patty. Smith Is, Sixty Eight. Today ariunde grunde. Ariunde grunde you know. Her she's Thirty, Two. Today born in, Florida Florida on this day. Dusty MARTIN'S having a Birthday. The afl play WITH richmond. Dusty Is Thirty forur today and chris isaac was Born, on this day in california. Nineteen Fifty Sixty Sixty Nine, Today Chris isaac wicked game Somebody's Crying, And This, Song Blue, hotel happy birthday, Chris Isaac, sixty Nine today blue Hotel to news.
Speaker 17: Loved, ALL may on the hotels.
Speaker 39: I, DON'T work out My way i wait The, lordly lonly night.
Speaker 29: Bust, hotel.
Speaker 39: Every WAS lolls loneless the hostas, i was, weird as homeless.
Speaker 3: The life, The lonely dream ho oh lord always.
Speaker 17: But let the world Got. Always a wincomded.
Speaker 1: Long now this Is A. Stradio overnighte with, Pat Panetta, here we go.
Speaker 2: Holy, holy here we go Okay It's Seven, Past Five, astrolia Overy Night pat paneler per tony mac, it's tarting to. Talk movies Streaming and showbiz shane ay bassett. Is, on the line today shane it's me your own. Old mate, From. The weekend hello there pat lovely to.
Speaker 16: Hear you like we are It's like we are.
Speaker 2: Need it's so glad. Day here we are again but some. New movies, TO talk about this. Is i guess, pretty exciting. It's A. Flashy big movie, Brad Pitt, the other fellow tom cruise. Is in it as well? Isn't He? An, F, One Brad.
Speaker 14: Pitt no no.
Speaker 16: Tom Cruise Isn't in it but tom cruise did visit the red carpet at the premiere and stand next to his, old mate for.
Speaker 12: Some photos so they picked they did start together at a movie interview with.
Speaker 16: A, vampire back in the.
Speaker 12: Nineties so they're old. Friends they, Were, together before looks?
Speaker 2: Amazing yeah?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 2: You, Reckon tom looked.
Speaker 16: Okay, Oh tom Looks Great, no i've rewatched mission impossible, the new one recently again and he's looking good, and he really supports cinema so He went to the ball arena premiere as well to support THAT Movie. AS well as f one i think he's. Just traveling around everyone's premiere.
Speaker 2: Now TELL Me. About this movie f one, you know it looks well it's got all the yellowments. Of a big. Blockbuster, Movie does it deliver.
Speaker 16: Oh it's got every single element that, you need for a movie and it should draw people into the cinemas even if you're NOT a big fan of f one racing.
Speaker 12: Or car racing in general this movie.
Speaker 16: Is the ultimate cinema experience and it doesn't grab your attention in.
Speaker 12: The first.
Speaker 16: Twenty five minutes nothing.
Speaker 12: Will it's just pure.
Speaker 16: Adrenaline forget about the, story there is A Plot it's. Fairly basic brad pitt's characters an older retired competitive driver who hasn't, been around for a while but he comes steps back in to help this young guy, and apprentice kind, of thing a mentor position and they clash because of their. Culture clashes and age differences but things happen pretty fast, and he helps him out and.
Speaker 12: Their success on the horizon.
Speaker 16: But what the filmmakers did they went to the, around the CIRCUIT last year, all the f one tracks AND they kind OF annoyed i think the f one drivers and people the hierarchy in real life because.
Speaker 12: They were just everywhere filming.
Speaker 16: But They did get permission lewis hamilton is on board as a producer and he's obviously he sort of helped out with the tech side of things and the. Realism of side of things but it's just a good THING to have an actual f one driver's. NAME on the credits too i think it might draw a few Extra people In and then Drive to, survive as a netflix show, that's BEEN very popular too, so f one for me. Not much of a story it's good and it's directed By The Guy, who did top gun maverick so you know straightaway you're going to get these cameras mounted on the cars and on the track and. In the stands and. EVERYWHERE so Pretty, exciting stuff.
Speaker 2: F one Okay Movies. And SHOWBIS with shane Bassett That's. F one With Brad pitt what about echo Valley WHICH is available on apple tv and a few of the player Forms Tell. Us, about this echo valley.
Speaker 16: Yeah it's a little thriller about a mother and daughter and a mother who will do, absolutely anything for her daughter and it's her story she's, been keeping in quiet Life The, mom played by julianne moore and her daughter's been in, in and, out of, trouble in rehab running away then. Coming back at random times but at this point she comes back to her mom and she lands on the front doorstep, with blood on her. Shirt but someone else's blood and then the plot thickens just the mom's going to help her out and. Get her out, of trouble it's, a drama it's a thriller and it's one of.
Speaker 12: Those very slow, moving movies now it's good but.
Speaker 16: It's very like it's quiet it takes a long time, to get where it's going.
Speaker 12: But it's, worth, the.
Speaker 16: Weight and Always Always if you see julianne, moore's name on a movie. She's terrific in any Role And then you've got sydney sweeney who's a.
Speaker 12: Young, Actor Playing, Her, daughter.
Speaker 2: Okay julianne moore Yes And see him backets boogie nights in that movie. That, WAS a big. Movie yeah i know, her and As You, Say new actress sydney sweeney and you just need to give. It a bit of time it, builds and builds and bills. But it's worth the wait Do. You, think they're as shane.
Speaker 16: Oh it's all about this beautiful isolated place and then the darkness.
Speaker 12: That can happen in it.
Speaker 16: But it's very slow moving the barometer is on about fifty percent until the.
Speaker 12: Last half an hour, when it just moves.
Speaker 16: Up moves, up a bit but right yeahs takes, a while to get there but.
Speaker 12: It is worth the weight it's, one of those.
Speaker 16: Slow, moving pulsating Thrillers THAT Yeah, it's on apple tv plus which do have a lot of good movies and good shows if you, Haven't GOT that streaming service.
Speaker 12: So I do recommend it oh i might.
Speaker 2: SIGN up To That one i. DID john hamm's new one I DID. Check that on apple tv maybe it's time to sign up for.
Speaker 16: Longer your friends and.
Speaker 12: Neighbors, that's, a, Good show yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay now. Let's Talk about this. ONE squid game season three i remember, when this sort of landed everyone Was. Talking of a squid game. We're. Onto season three.
Speaker 16: Now yeah Twenty Twenty one. Was When squid game hit the korean television series all about a game show where they got people who were, desperate and out, of thoughts needed money quick and then they go through a variety of games, and if they survived Well they kept going with, if they didn't.
Speaker 12: Survival well they.
Speaker 16: Were terminated pretty brutal stuff and it just captured of the, costumes and the weird games the survival games. That were in the show they just captured. The attention of the world it was a big hit and was meant to be. Just a one off series but we've had a second season and now, this is the third season which is.
Speaker 12: Supposed to be the finale. This is supposed to.
Speaker 16: End and If You thought the previous squid game shows it couldn't get any more violent or, couldn't get any more compelling and you thought this might have a happy, ending because it's. A finale forget about it. IT really raps it up I Think the fans of squid game.
Speaker 12: ARE going to like it i have.
Speaker 16: Not seen Anything like this Drops, on netflix tomorrow on friday. AND it made me uneasy i almost wanted to turn it off a couple of times because there are some things in this that made to make you. PANIC while you're watching it i, can only imagine the show so it's not. GOING to be for EVERYONE i believe it's rated r. For A Very good reason, BUT squid game season three i know there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people waiting for it did it sort of? Set A Type of genre? When squid game became popular were other movies copying? THIS shock sort of. Tactic, i haven't seen it no it's. Sort of got a Sense, i'm thinking of The. Menu remember seeing the menu we. SPOKE about that.
Speaker 12: Great Movie.
Speaker 2: I wondered whether squid game? Is there any connection there you know that that type Of Vibe and feeling that squid, game sort of, you know when something. Successful, other, people copy it now okay.
Speaker 16: It's kind of like a Variation Of other Movies like The hunt or surviving the game where they put people out into the wild.
Speaker 12: And then they get hunted.
Speaker 16: Down they have to survive Where This One. Is like the running man there was, a, movie In the eighties Yeah With Arnold, schwarzenegu in the running man which was a KIND of like a surviveor tv show where they had to do things to survive and they got killed, if they didn't get through and.
Speaker 12: It was, a ratings winner you know people. Watched it for that reason they wanted.
Speaker 16: People to and that That's kind, of what squid game is although they do it a little bit more, alternatively because there's there's costumes there's mechanical things that they have, to get on, and off, there's people in you know around. Corners that you can't see, Nothing is What It seems and, with good games season three it does raise the.
Speaker 12: Level of profanity, and violence to be careful.
Speaker 2: Not one For The Kiddies sixteen in, Korean in, korean as well oh well you can watch it in you, can watch it, in DUBBED the dubbed version but i.
Speaker 12: Suggest, to watch the subtitles.
Speaker 11: Okay, you, missed too much, Otherwise.
Speaker 2: Okay Sixteen past five the Great man's here shown a. Bessett Talking movies streaming showbiz poker face is. Another one To. Talk about that's on stan What's? This, one about poker face.
Speaker 16: Yeah finished off with poker face today to. Show that's in season two, it was a big hit surprise Hit. In Season One on stan and natasha lan is. The lead Actress actress here she plays charlie and she has this ability she can, always tell if, someone's lying no matter what she can pick, up on the smallest details and if you're, telling even a white life.
Speaker 5: She will pick up.
Speaker 6: On and.
Speaker 9: That's.
Speaker 16: Her ability she just knows and she just drives around basically from town to Town in this beautiful old plymouth car and.
Speaker 12: She solves mysteries for people she just sort of falls into.
Speaker 16: A different mystery each episode so, you've got guest stars each so famous people come into this show each each. Episode a little bit late i'm not Going to compare, it to murder you wrote but It's sort of like how murder, she wrote was a different a, little investigation in each episode. And, they had guest Stars Well, this is what poker faces although.
Speaker 12: It's very, much more modern and.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's.
Speaker 16: Funny as well it's great great surprise stars, turn up in it too. Which which are really cool you'll. Recognize many of the cast.
Speaker 2: We had a. Communications expert on the programs she spoke about those micro expressions in your face and that's what you're going to watch for to see. If someone's lying or whatever it's like little little things, like the words will lie. But Your body NEVER lies there, SHANE as i don't know i don't know. What a micro expression is there's just like a, little a, little, you know look left rightwet.
Speaker 16: The little tweaks that the human body will react to when things happen in your hands and your, eyes and your body movements your feet might, move step forward or back and, it's all in this. Show all in this crime she solves strange crimes throughout the and investigates and solves them. In her, little intricate Ways So. Yeah CHECK out poker. Face so i recommend.
Speaker 26: It have, A.
Speaker 2: Great day thank you shane always good to have you on and we'll catch you throughout the. Week and on the weekend thanks for, Your MOVIE. Review once again shane a. Bassett, Twenty, two past five now? Damien Do, you like this damian Tardio senior Audio producer Of. Breakfast with Ross and russ, That's what i'm? Calling you is that right creative, director or something. Like that senior creative director that's what you. Put on your LinkedIn page does anybody? Believe? Anything? On, those things. Now no no that's right did You see The episode of simpsons where marge Went for a job and maggie the daughter had Written a resume and mister burns are sitting, the Other, end and saying Oh. Swahili YOU can Talk swaley oh i thought. Galileo invented that was classic it's. All. THE weird stuff, NOW look I, LOVE footy i Love, afl I love you dameo but i've lost a bit of. Track with what's going on so. We're up to around sixteen can you give us some footy tips and? Tell?
Speaker 4: Me what's going on please round sixteen Kicks Off.
Speaker 44: Tonight At The adelaide oval It's Port adelaide taking on carlton carlson. In All sorts of trouble michael voss under the pump and. He has Swung The, Axe In, Comes Jordan boyd Lewis.
Speaker 4: Young, billy wilson.
Speaker 44: And flynn Young Two, Debutants Out, Goes Corey durdon Mark Pittnett Jackson Bins. And matthew carroll port adelaid they've also made Four Changes, Are Literally at Logan evans hugh jackson and Travis Bow, Come In, Out Jackson meade Jeremy Finlason Ryan burton and christian murray's carlton was A shocking Turn Up. On saturday against north melbourne they've pretty much shot themselves in the. Foot season pretty much over it's going to be A hard task for the blues to.
Speaker 4: MAKE the eight from here i think it's going to.
Speaker 44: Be Almost Pretty much impossible and michael voss for the next nine weeks will. BE coaching for his career i think we'll, see A response though Tonight and i'm tipping the. Blues, to, take the chocolates.
Speaker 2: Okay okay That's good. News for the blue supporters How Bad? Was it against north? Melbourne was it.
Speaker 44: Just insipid it was listless it was A Lack of intensity and north melbourne Just ran rings around The carlton thatdfield.
Speaker 2: And where's north and. The whole scheme Of Things that's unexpected for north melbourne to come In and just blast the Shies.
Speaker 44: And, out of The Blues well that's just north melbourne's. Fourth win of the year they're, sitting sixteenth on the ladder so. We, know where they're going no they're. A Team, on the rise but carlton we were Expecting.
Speaker 4: Better from them on.
Speaker 44: Saturday it was a destroyation it was AN absolute Destroyation of the mbcg and.
Speaker 4: Carlton a. Shis and, housen he's. Listening he's?
Speaker 44: Okay no worries what Else tomorrow night it's A Sydney taking on THE Western Bulldogs At the scg marcus bonton pelly's. TWO hundred and Fiftieth game i think the swans they've sort of, turned a Corner and improved but the dogs will be too strong.
Speaker 4: And, they'll win, That one ok nice.
Speaker 2: One thank you dame mate let's. Go To this game Here, The, Sun's Taking on melbourne.
Speaker 44: Yes gold Coast at Home to. The days on saturday afternoon this is Three aw's Match Of The. Day for saturday Afternoon. Melbourne similar situation to carlton many expected. Them to Rebound this year but the sun should. Be too strong at home and Then The twilight Game On. Saturday's, hawthorne and north, melbourne right you know What Despite the fact that north, Melbourne were impressive last week hawthorne or to play for they're on the. Cusp Of the top four, the hawks will be very Very too Strong for.
Speaker 4: The kangaroos? On saturday twilight.
Speaker 2: How exciting how Excited Is. Your, breakfast hosts ross STEVENSON.
Speaker 44: Look you Know what, i think the hawks supporters they were up and about. Early ON in the season but i just think they've tempered their expectations. In the last few weeks but don't you worry they'll be up and about coming to the end of the. Season and approaching the finals.
Speaker 2: Gone too long here. AND we get more time i Got. The hangover With, the pies talk about jamay You picked The game.
Speaker 4: Lt pies and eagles or pies? Will, win this one easily okay?
Speaker 2: What about the Other one.
Speaker 44: There we go sunday afternoon this is th w's Match, Of the day on Sunday Richmond. TAKING on the adelaide Crows I chip in the adelaide crows to kick an Absolute. Cricket score against the tigers then the, final game. Of this round more Buyers This round it's The Fremantle dockers Taking On. Saint Kilda at, opta STADIUM ross lyons saying so i reckon they're going to cause an, upset Against.
Speaker 4: His old side, The dockers.
Speaker 34: There You Go.
Speaker 2: Footy tips Of damian tardio that's The thursday MORNING edition of australia and i think If You're listening things to jumping jay in the booth there for putting the Program. TO win across the nation i Return tomorrow. Filling in for tony mcmanors. They have a Great Day Next is your thursday morning breakfast program and remember no, regrets since five point thirty so you