Speaker 1: We catch up with him in the Brady, the garden through the barrel.
Speaker 2: It down there big there a battle come down sun in the garden into the undul comd of the cover.
Speaker 1: By bye the god. Babit happening in Brady. We catch up Tuesdays and Thursday is part of Australia over Night. Good morning, Eb, Good morning Tony. How are you babit happening? Yeah, man, I mean it's just it's almost moment by moment at them. At the moment it is.
Speaker 2: And it's been a busy couple of hours for the Prime Minister. So we're hearing he has just finished chairing a meeting, an emergency meeting looking as iround Israel. And what will the UK do if the Americans ask for British help? Now the UK has air bases in the vicinity, could it be that the Americans will ask to use them. They may ask for refueling facilities. Armor basically is getting organized. I think something big is coming in the next twenty four to forty eight hours. Trump is hinted at it. I don't think Starmer has been given a heads up by this. My genuine gut feeling is that he hasn't been told something is definitely going to happen, but he likes to be organized, so he called a COBRA meeting. Sounds very dramatic. Actually stands for Cabinet Office Briefing Room A, which is where the Prime minister goes to when they have this emergency meeting. And he normally gets his military and security and defense people around the table, and he asked the questions and they give him the advice.
Speaker 1: It's wonder watch. I mean it just who knows where. Nobody knows presumably really where this is going in the coming hours, days, maybe weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I think the Americans have a decision to make. Clearly, Iran has been weakened by what has happened. The Israelis are saying that they have complete control of Iranian airspace, so there's no risk of any aircraft being shot down. Now do they go for the kill? Do they decapitate the leadership? Trump has already taken the social media saying that they know where I told you Homine is and they're going to leave him alone for now. You know that the language Trump saying, we're not going to take him out brackets kill for now. Nobody knows where this is going, but they have some big decisions to make, and I think the real worry is a wider regional war now in the Middle East. If they were to do that, all hell would break loose.
Speaker 1: We'll keep up to day in coming days. Ass Princess of Wales pulls out of Royal Escot. This is pretty about the last minute too, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very last minute. So Kate's name was on the official kind of list of everything today because William was presenting some of the prizes. Charles and Camilla went along. It has been glorious sunshine. The racing looked amazing. Her friends who went today, they've had a fantastic time and everyone was very much looking forward to seeing the Princess of Wales in the carriage procession, so you would see, you know, the golden carriage the Royal Mile. Previously we've seen Queen Elizabeth. I I think she only ever missed two or three Royal Ascots in seventy odd years. She loved it. Charles is not so big a fan of the horses he has ridden over the years. He has raced as an amateur jockey in Sandown I think nineteen eighty one it was but he does not have his mother's just absolute passion for horse racing. However, he was there today and so is Camilla. William went along. But we don't know what's happened with Kate. You hope that she hasn't had too bad a day, that it's not some sort of you know, cancer related issue. She's had all the treatment, but look, she's a young woman coming out of a very difficult two years. So people are just gonna have to be patient.
Speaker 1: Have you been for swim today?
Speaker 2: No, I've been keeping cool. I'm not in London, so that is good. I was on the tube yesterday and it was hellish. So we are in a heat wave here and before anyone in Australia gets carried away, it's an English heat wave. So we're gonna hit thirty one Selsias on Friday in Australia came back. Why why go? Why it's a heat wave for us, teamac We've got nine days of this coming, so we hit twenty seven today, it will get hire thirty one Friday all through the weekend. England looks amazing at the moment. Obviously I can't talk about Scotland and wild but England looks glorious in the sunshine, and they're selling a lot of beer. If pubs are lucky enough to have a beer garden.
Speaker 1: With a top of thirty one degrees, what do you go planning for the weekend?
Speaker 2: So one of my best friends from university, she is having a fiftieth birthday party, So I'm going to go along to that and celebrate with her and her family and just chill out. Maybe you watch some sport, Tony, tell me who won State of Origin.
Speaker 1: The Queensland side. Oh well, okay, yeah, well it's been an interest, so it's game on now. I didn't see it because I was having a nap, but I woke up for the result and you're right. I don't think anybody well I don't think the tipsters would have necessarily said that, but it's going to be an interesting time for those that love that.
Speaker 2: Come on for the decider and well done everyone in person up the stadium amazing well.
Speaker 1: And they would add a full house stay. And the other thing we've been talking about this morning and first job, that first job, and when if you're writing your resume, what was your first job? And then what did you actually learn from that first job? That is stained all the other things that you've done.
Speaker 2: That was a great question. When I was a kid in Ireland, I spent every summer and we get three months summer holidays in Ireland June, July, August. Best three months of the year. I hanker after these days, Tony. I lived with my grandparents for the summer holidays when I was a kid, and would you believe us, my granddad's local pub, they used to have me collected glasses, the empty glasses. So I was maybe eight years of age when I started doing that. And as I got bigger and I was a tall kid, they used to let me serve beer behind the bar. And what did I learn? I learned how to deal with people. And you saw the good, you saw the bad. And I remember one day a guy just said to me, you've got a lovely smile. You're a great kid. Keep working hard and life will be good for you. And I learned a lot from that job. I really enjoyed it. I really really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I'm a great proponent too, matter the idea of hospitality. If you can work, survive and do even okay as a youngster in hospitality, and that includes even places like McDonald's these days, because the training they provide a young people is quite extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, and look, i'd know training. Look this is this was Ireland in about let me work it out. I think I started there in about nineteen eighty four, and so there was no training, there was no health and safety, and you know, it was a working class part of County Wicklow, where I'm proud that my ancestors and my grandparents came from. I absolutely loved that job. And the pub has changed hands, it's changed name, but the little river still flows past us and I have many, many happy memories of being in there with my granddad, him nursing a half a glass of guinness and me zipping around collecting glasses, washing glasses, drying glasses. And I used to come home not a word of a life, Tony laden with coins. People would you know? They buy their around the beers and they'd slip your quid. Yeah, fifty p. I have great sweets money as a kid, good thing is teeth.
Speaker 1: That's true. That well, that's that's right. And you've got most of that money left.
Speaker 2: I think it all went on sweets and fishing tackle. If I remember correctly.
Speaker 1: You have a great weekend friends, and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: God left team.
Speaker 1: Bye.