Speaker 1: How good.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening in. I'm Simon Beaumines. Thanks to Carl and Milsey and the team for the Bricky Show. We're here until one o'clock today. I'd love to hear from you. The talkback lines are open one double three A Daddy two. If you want to give us a bell today, you might want to text us so I'll have a yes no question for you in just a moment, and a lot of our responses on the yes no do come in via text. I know we've got a big audience listening in on the six pr APP Good morning to you. I hope you're going well. Get those texts ready to roll. Zero four eight seven, triple nine A Daddy two. We always prefer to hear from people if we can, being a talk back show on a talkback radio station one level three A Daddy two. Got a couple of topics coming up for you today and in our first hour and beyond. Mick Kolos will be a little bit later on, as will Darren seen Or on gardening. Two of our guns here on the station, so they'll be with us shortly. And I just wanted to mention that I reckon there's a street This is a theory from me and from the team. There's a street in Western Australia, in the Perth Metropopolitan area called Sunshine Place Sunshine Place and is in nam Belup, and it is probably one of the more uncomfortable streets in Perth, I would have thought, particularly recently. That's our theory, my theory, and I'll tell you why in just a moment. Sunshine Place, nam Belup is under the pump oorcon and there has been a council meeting overnight talking about Sunshine Place and surrounding suburbs. We had discussed this issue on the program before, but there's now a new petition and Sunshine Place nam Belup is probably at ground zero on this particular one, particularly when the wind blows in a certain direction. We'll chat about that in just a moment. Some sad news that we saw on social media overnight. A couple of the dolphins in the Swan River in the Swan Canning River Park have died recently. So a calf followed by a mum dolphin have died in the Swan River and we'll try to bring him up to date on that. There are autopsies Necross per seas. I think they're called neicropsies. I'll get that word by one o'clock. Essentially, they'll test the animals to try and find out why they did die. So that'll come up on the show in just a moment as well, so we'll have a look at that and our lead story, which we'll get to in just a moment. This issue of the outstanding warrants in Western Australia, the date back about ten years a number of warrants is incredible. It does sound operational. It does sound like the police and the Sheriff's office are not able to catch up with people who have outstanding warrants and bench warrants. Now we have asked for the Police Commissioner on this one. He's not available today. He is doing an all impress conference a little bit later on which I've got to say is a bit disappointing. But we will speak to the opposition opposition spokesperson on matters, Police Adam Hort, in just a moment. It's a big number up. You've heard Mills in Carl talk about it this morning. But we have a yes, no question for you want to try and clear something up if we can, right.
Speaker 3: Let's clear this up once and for all.
Speaker 2: What do you think yes or no? Will Murray what the Environment Minister extend the woodside lease on the bur Up and on the Northwest Shelf?
Speaker 1: Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Should be happening this Saturday or before we have put a court We've had extended an imitation to Murray what probably for you know going into our second week? Now, will Murray what extend the woodside lease on the burro Up? Yes or no? This is not so much what you would like to happen, but what do you think he will do? So a lot of our listeners have made the connection that Murray what is no friend of Western Australian farmers with seizing the lives sheep export trade. But will we extend the woodside lease on the bur Up? Now there are different figures being banded around will it be? Will it be fifty years or seventy years? We talked about this last week. Woodside have taken scott Reef off the table, so they won't be operating around scott Reef, which is a heritage just a bit of reef from kit but elbows fixer Murray what, yes or no? Will we extend the woodside lease. And this is a question to you, not so much from what you'd like to see happen, what do you think will happen coming up on the show in just a moment. I just want to circle back to at some point this morning about the train stations that are supposed to open on Dune the ninth and the train line that's supposed to be opening in June the ninth. This is the line between Carlisle and Beckenham which will be part form part of the Thorner you lin. So we asked the Transport Minister yesterday reader Safioti. She said it will be open, and I will remind I'll bring that audio two in just a moment. It's still looking very construction site ish out that way, so there's a number of new stations. Will drill down on that in just a moment. The trains are working, the trains running on the line, they're being tested, but will the stations be open for business? Two of the stations were opened overnight, but it's still looking very which is happened construction site, temporary fencing, sand, constructions type material everywhere out that way. But the Minister assured its yesterday that will be open for business and operational from Monday during the night, so we'll have a little look at that. Yes or no, Folks will murray, what extend the woodside lease on the bar up and on the northwest shelf. I want to try and clear this up straight away. The yeses are three and the nose of zero at this stage, so people are pretty optimistic. Mel says, yes, we extend the lease of fifty years. Hi, Mel, thank you. Nick says no, that's why Albo put him in that portfolio. Thanks Nick. Pete. I'm with you, Pete on this one year and r. It will be approved with heaps of conditions, and I think the lease period will be reduced, Pete, I honestly do, but I'm guessing. Janeine, Yes, of course, they've played the game long enough time to get on with it. Thanks Jeanine. Good to hear from you and the voice of reason. The Voice Aleen says, good morning, Simon. Where have you been, Aileen? Yes, I think you will yes, yes, yes, yes, says Michael. Yes he will, says Kim. So the yeses are coming in thick and fast, glass half full, hay, folks, Manuel, Yes is yes common sense and I do note that Meg O'Neil yesterday at a conference, at a convention, at a forum, Meg O'Neil, who is the Woodside CEO, has drawn this parallel which is an interesting one, which is a connection sometimes our listeners make as well, so that the young people who are opposing extending the contract on the bar up who you know a who are the target of the activists and the Greens narrative on Woodside still use electricity and still use phone charges and buy stuff online. So I note that Meg O'Neil has brought in with that particular one which is probably true, but I guess a lot of you know it's not a bad thing. They have a chat about is it the future as we transition into renewables? Isn't it? Will Murray what approved the Northwest Shelf extension? The yeses are eleven, Wawi and the nose are one and yeh Na and Pete as well back in just a moment, these outstanding warrants. What are the wa pleas up to? What are they doing? And where does the Sheriff's office? Where does the bailiffs fit in on all of this? Adam Hart will join us. Thank you for listening back. In a moment se message to the show, asking the question, this morning, do you think Murray what the in federal environment Minister will approve the Northwest Shelf extension? The yeses have flown out of the blocks. They're aspirational and optimistic. Yeses. The yesterre twenty four, the Noser two High Paris. She says, good morning, Simon, have to say yes, we will know money talks. Lucia, Yes, for sure, Thanks Lucia. Bev says, who knows should be a yes. Thanks Bev, and thanks for putting your surname in your SEMs. Bev appreciate that. It's very formal. Christine with a couple of kisses. Hi Christine, Yes, I hope so, yes, we need it, it says Marsa. Hello, mus how are you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: We'll keep it tally on this Today we are chasing the audio from yesterday with Mega O and Neil talking about about the divide between younger people and older people in how they view woodside. Meg has made the point I'm paraphrasing here, which have a lot of our listeners to do as well, is that young people, you know are environmentally minded, they're worried about the planet and that's who the Greens and then the activists are talking to, which is fair enough. But also young people do use electricity right and drive cars and live in homes that have got steel in them, and so it goes it's an okay chat to have I've got you young people in my orbit. But Meg O'Neill has gone reasonably hard on young people at a convention yesterday. And she also reasonably hard on the bloke finding the rock in the cupboard, which we talked about yesterday on the program The Rock, the Smoking Gun Rock which may change the barr Up Peninsula discussion. Blokes found a rock in his office that he picked up thirty years ago, and he said, this is why there is more damage being done to the rock art and the rocks at the bar Up than people realize. Look at this rock found at my desk, found at my cupboard. Twenty nineteen minutes past nine o'clock. Story in in the West today and Adam Hart joins us now he is the opposition spokesperson on Matters Police.
Speaker 1: Could I Adam, how are you burning?
Speaker 4: Shane?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yes? Simon Simon, sorry, Simon, Yeah, that's okay, So mate, six thousand outstanding arrest warrants. Dylan Capern has the yarn today and then about about a third of those issued ten years ago or more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, Simon, before I go any further, I want to make it really clear that our police and the community do an absolutely incredible job despite being under pressure, and our community should completely get behind them. The w community should behind and our government should be supporting them as well. The statistics that have come out of the Parliament, these are questions that we've asked in parliament, highlight that there are six thousand, nearly six thousand arrest warrants still outstanding. Four thousand of those have been unresolved for more than five years. And the reason this is concerning, Simon, is the fact that there are many victims. We all probably know victims of crime in our community, and there will be many out there who have been waiting in excess of five years to get closure on a crime that may have been committed to them. That may have been a home burglary, it may have been an aggravated assault or something else. The police know who these people are. They're out there somewhere, but they haven't been brought to justice.
Speaker 5: So is it.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Police Minister is saying that we're recruiting thick and fast. Cole Blanche appears on this program regularly, he's a good fellow, and he says that we've got more police on the street, more eyes on the street than ever ever before. What's your theory here? Are they just not prioritizing warrants?
Speaker 4: We all know.
Speaker 6: What it's like to be busy at work.
Speaker 4: There are priorities for our police, There are priorities for everyone in the work that they do day to day. What I can say from the information I've been given again and in Parliament, is that every single district in Western Australia is short on police. They do not have the police that they require to do the job that they require. Now they then need to prioritize what their jobs are and arrest warrants are just a part of that. So now we have this number around arrest warrants showing that we've got nearly six thousand outstanding, and it's just one metric, just one measure we have of the hard work that our police are doing.
Speaker 2: So it does feel it's the first time I've heard this. Adam reading it today in the paper first time I've seen your comments. It does feel like it's operational that some I mean, if you take the time and the effort to get an arrest warrant on someone, that's half the battle. You would have thought, it's got to go and find them and pick them up, don't you.
Speaker 4: Look it's I can't speak to the process of actually going out and arresting someone, but you're absolutely correct that these are people who have committed crimes that are deemed appropriate for this person to be arrested, to be brought into the watchhouse and put in front of the courts. So that in itself should give you an idea of the types of crimes that are being committed and how important it is that these people are called to justice, and the fact that it's gone on for many of these cases in excess of five years can give you a feel for how the victims of these crimes must be feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, appreciate the thoughts today, Adam, and thanks for chatting to us on six PR.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: She is Adam Hort there. So it does for mine feel as though it's not a priority, or it's not it's some sort there's some sort of operational loopholes, loophole, So we have asked for the police commissioner, we've asked for the police Minister. Adam Hort has the story at this stage and has a free run on a free go its and as he makes a point to deal in cap and they're not parking tickets, there are rest warrants, arrest warrants. So there's serious issues right you and the there's victims involved, this family is involved. There's no closure for those for those people as well. What do you reckon? Listeners one double three at two? As I say, I take I take Cole Blanche at his word when he comes on and has a chat to us that we do have. We're going pretty well. The KPIs are good. Cole talks all the time. Mister Blanche talks all the time about wanting police to be police, be operational, be out on the road, be seen. But time and time again listeners to this station. I heard him talking to Brecky over the last few days. So they don't see enough coppers. I don't know if that's a visibility issue or a numbers issue in terms of bums on seats, or an operational priority issue. Suse, I'd love to talk at cole Blanche about it today. He's not available, nor is the police. Minister. One double three at two is the phone number today. Lots of correspondence coming in. Get a Robin. This is the Woodside least question yes or no? What he reckon? Murray, what he's going to do, not what you'd like him to do, what you think he's going to do. Robin says yes, the lease will be extended. The Premier always does. The boss PM tells him, says Robin, and that goes on. I'll just read that bit of it. Robin, thank you. Andrew says, yes, he has to approve it. He really has no choice. Big bucks for everyone associated with the project. Some votes in this, though, Andrew some votes in a city Melbourne and Sydney on this mate, Davo says, I would say it's a given he will say yes to Woodside. Thanks Shane, it says Dave. You are funny. Yeah, I'd love to hear from you today. So there's a story about the warrants. What do you reckon? What do you reckon? Six thousand outstanding, two and three one hundred of them are outstanding for over five years feels operational and operational priority to me. I know I'm different from a lot of listeners because I do see coppers, but I suspect it's probably because where I live. One Level three two Sunshine Place in Nambilap is in the southeastern suburbs, and I reckon it's under the pump as a street, and I reckon the suburbs surrounding that's are under the pump as well. This is the story about Sea West. There was a council meeting in the city of Rockingham last night about the smell around the sea wis piggery and the Sea Wise processing plants around Nambilup. We'll have a chat about that in just a moment. There's a new petition DEWA Department of Water and Environmental Regulation are involved. They say they're doing all they can and they're apologizing about how on it's taking to try and clear it up. Can you measure a smell? I don't know. When I tell you about the products of the organic waste that goes into this joint, I'm thinking you wouldn't necessarily want to live a klometer away from it. When the Eastly is blowing and this is also impacting on some of the coastal places like Golden Bay, Secret Harbor, Singleton, really really nice beach suburbs. There's a lot of building going on. A stink in the south. Stay listening. Some of our listeners are very funny. Who listened to Perth today? Rick says, Hey, Shane, did you notice how many times he called your time?
Speaker 1: And thanks?
Speaker 2: Rick? Brendan says, good morning, Shane. I think the government will approve the Northwest Shelf. It might have some conditions attached. We still need gas for now. He wanted to be able to afford our power, that says Brendan. Thank you, Brennan, You're a funny man. I wonder what could I call Adam Hort today? Aaron maybe Albert Albert Allen. And to his credit, Adam has sent in the message apologizing again. That's that's all good. I think we get the messaged in. We We've got six hours three hundred arrest warrants out there sitting out there, five for two thousand and three hundred have been out there for five years. And Agnes I agree with Agnes on this. Not all police cars are marked. I've seen four police cars race pars lights and signs on three are marked and one was an unmarked car. Thanks Agnes. As I say, I see police all the time, but that's that's just me. I'm from Quanana. Now there's a there's a street called Sunshine Place in Namblap No nam Bielap is in the southern suburbs and it's sort of out near off Steak Hill Road between Steak Hill Road and Mamajrong Road which heads out to Jaredale and I reckon. It's probably one of the more uncomfortable streets in Perth. So just to clarify, Seawise are a company. What they purport to do. They use a variety of waste and wastewater contractors and and other contractors on their premises to do this. They try to get waste and turn it into composts that can be used through the Perth suburbs. It's a good idea, right, it's a good idea. And Barclay joins me. Now able to go through this and we're going to speak to see Seawise in just a moment and thanks for joining.
Speaker 7: Us, Thank you, Simon.
Speaker 2: So this is great. This is what goes into these places, so we know there's a pigurey on site. We know there's some ponds where they dry out these organic materials.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in the general area there's a piggery as well, which I think d were has also investigated as a potential source.
Speaker 1: Of the smell.
Speaker 2: Okay de where is.
Speaker 7: The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation regulation.
Speaker 2: So the suburbs in the area have been complaining about the smell and this extends right to the coast. So now Belap's a fair way in land, but Sunshine Place is just over klometer away from some of these facilities. And I do take the point that these aren't all Seawise facilities, but they are in the general area, so we don't know it's the piggery or what it is, but this is what goes into some of the ponds that are looked after by sea Wise. Green waste from bulk rubbish collection, liquid wastewater including septic systems from council, grease trap waste from sporting facilities, schools, hospitals and food services facilities, pond algae and stormwater in addition to which in the area is a piggery that helped that dries out pig pup and turns it into ultimately into compost. So that's a fairly heady mix.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness. Yes, it's gross would be the word to describe it. And as you say, you know, it's a good thing, right, it's a good thing to turn this waste into compost. But obviously there are lots of residents in the area who have really been affected by odors that, yeah, that have been emanating in the area I suppose for quite some time, Bowie. So this morning, since the article about the petition was published, there's been a couple more hundred signatures on it, so it's now more than six hundred signatures that are on a petition. But I have a bit of a background statement here from the Department of from dwer and it's about the Mandra area oders in Nambilap. So the background here is that this goes all the way back to early last year, so throughout twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five to date, the department has received a high volume of odor complaints from residents in Secret Harbor, Mandra, Singleton and Lakelands. Field investigations identified several businesses in Nambilap as potential sources of these emissions. Following investigations. The Department then issued environmental protection notices in February last year to WA Composts Pty Ltd, which is cwise and that environmental protection notice has now been completed and revoked, So that's an important point to make, as well as CM Farms cmfarms ep and which is.
Speaker 2: The piggery yep okay in the general area in the vicinity.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yes, So on the twenty fifth of October, so that was back in February, oder and wastewater experts were engaged by the department to support ongoing assessments and to recommend actions to reduce emissions. In October, seawise's license was amended by the Department to introduce stricter odor control conditions, including a requirement to develop a sludge management plan addressing odor leeched and again a sludge management plan. So all of those delicious ingredients that you were just describing before, I assume that then becomes sludge and it's just referred to as sludge and sludge management plan addressing odor leeched and p fast compliance. That updated license now expires on the twenty second of April twenty twenty eight, so that was October last year. A bit more time has passed since then. The department acknowledges the current situation is that the ongoing ODER impacts on the community and it remains committed to resolving the issue. Late last year, the department again engaged an oder expert. Imagine having that job.
Speaker 2: You measure why do you measure it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What does an oder expert do?
Speaker 2: You went downs? Is a little meter of some description?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm very curious. Do you trap air samples and then take them.
Speaker 5: Into a lab?
Speaker 1: A dog from the airport.
Speaker 7: I'd love to know more. We'll have to do an even deeper dive and ask d word exactly how that's done. So, and this oder expert assists in assessing and better understanding the odor emissions, and they were engaged to inform further operational improvements in twenty twenty five. Now we're up to this year. Additional ODER surveys based on community complaints have been conducted to assist the odor expert in his assessment. So his we know it's we know it's not a dog, it's a person, it's a man. The department is still engaging with these namble Up Operate now Belup operators on the findings of the investigations and experts assessments determining whether further regulatory actions are required to mitigate odor emissions from the precinct. Now importantly, the department has also said it's grateful for the community reporting regarding ongoing impacts, which greatly assists in the investigation and identification of odor sources. They acknowledge some community members maybe tiring of informing the Department of the odor, but this information is crucial to understanding the impact any changes to operations on the sites maybe having on community amenity. So it sounds like some residents just have to keep on complaining.
Speaker 2: Yep, does sound like that, doesn't it. Thank you ed. That's the statement from Department of Water and Environmental Regulation. We understand it when to counselor gain last night and there's a petition that's now up to six hundred people. So City of Rockingham are hearing from their residents as well, so very very frustrating for all concerns.
Speaker 7: So they passed emotion unanimously last night to take immediate action to resolve the ongoing oder nuisance and instruct de Werre to more effectively communicate with affected communities on its progress in addressing the issue. And the statement that I've just read from the department is from published eight days ago, so fairly recently. So they've put that out to communicate to the people who are affected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well let's see what sea Wise have done with that statement if they've made any mitigating mitigating steps. Thank you am, thank you Bowie and Barclay from our hard working producer, just with the de ward statement there. Andy Galliva is a director at sea Wise and joins us on the program. Now, Andy, thank you for your time.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Simon.
Speaker 1: Andy.
Speaker 2: This is described as a precinct this area. Is that the proper way to describe it. You've got contractors, different operations in this precinct. Are you happy with the term precinct.
Speaker 8: I think that's fair enough. And the precinct is comprised of a piggery that has been there for fifty years and I think the original license was about twenty two thousand pigs. It has a mushroom compost operation which I think was built in about ninety nine twenty six, ninety seven, and then we came along a little bit later. So it's certainly there's three operations that have the potential to generate odor.
Speaker 2: Sure, and Andy, are you are you aware either sort of through through feedback to the company or feedback from de ware or from the city of Rocking Aam. Are you aware of the of the ongoing volume of complaints?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: And how do you feel about that? What have you been trying to do? What can you do?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Look, it's We've been quietly going about our business for nearly thirty years. Just if you like flying under the radar. We are an active and involved member of the community and this is really quite an emotional thing for us as well as the community members. So we were taking this seriously, working through a whole range of measures, which I'm happy to talk about. But we are taking this seriously.
Speaker 2: So I've got a couple of questions for you, Annie about the complaints. Is it because there are more homes in the area, particularly on the coastal strip around Golden Bay, Secret Harbor, Singleton, those sorts of places. Is it because there's more houses now?
Speaker 8: Quite possibly. It's a classic example of if like urban encroachment. I can remember when we first leased land on the Piggery, we would get complaints and on behalf of the piggy. I would go and visit the neighbors, have a cup of tea, talk about it. They would become sentinel sites for us. So we'd leave a calendar on their wall. They would log when there was an odor, and so that we could feed that back to the piggery, and so the priggery could look at what practices were ongoing and they might be able to change. But generally the neighbors thirty years ago would say, well, look it's a piggery. We piggery is small. So you have say half a dozen qualified people who will go out. They'll be trained, they'll go out and they'll log what they smell at different points. And the Department Environment have got their people. We've certainly got our own odor consultant, and he goes out. If there's prevailing wind conditions which look a bit risky, he'll be out in the community, moving across the community, trying to pick up odors and then trying to identify the source of that odor. And bear in mind the source of the odor might be the mushroom compost yard, it might be the piggery, and it might be seawise. I noticed that in the language that is being used and by yourself, the council and the community. Sea Wise is the only company that's mentioned. And you know why that is because Seawise is the only company that puts its hand up and say we will engauge with the department and the community, we will own this and we want to fix it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough, And you are talking to me today, which we appreciate it. Any one final one for me? If this those houses aren't going away. I don't imagine those blue garms are growing back anytime soon. Is there an option on the table And I'll go back to where I started on this. This is a good thing. See whys are doing attempting to produce combustibles as our waste production goes up? So hats off to you. But ultimately, is it on the table that you guys could potentially move or shut down the piggery?
Speaker 8: Look, I'm sure the priggery would love to move, but who's going to fund the ten or twenty million dollars for that move?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: I should not speak on behalf of the piggery sea Wise I can speak on behalf of we would love to move and rebuild with. If you're like twenty first century technology. We are currently using an open air composting system which was fantastic right up probably until about ten years ago. And if we were building today, we'd probably do it differently. But for us to rebuild, and we do have a new site in East Carol Up, the current budget for that is about forty two million dollars today. It's not something which we would build today if we had forty two million dollars, but that's going to take some time to get financial closure on a project of that size.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you talking to us today. Where is East carol Up any, I've never heard of it.
Speaker 8: East carow Up is directly to the north of the Namdelap Precinct and it's an area of land that the government has been trying to get the mantra of jobs and growth, trying to attract industry into that site. And certainly we would like to move into there and rebuild own site.
Speaker 2: Yep, thanks for making yourself available today.
Speaker 8: Annie, and look, may I say there's more to this story and we're working hard. We would love to engage with the Department in a in a more open and collegiate manner, and we actually do have a meeting with the Director General tomorrow to try and find that middle path to keep all the parties happy.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks Andy, okay, thank you, excuse mate, Andy Gulliver. So, yeah, we've been there, you know, all these years, the piggeries recent as well. But that that's telling, isn't it. All that vegetation coming out all those blue gum trees. There's a heap of development through Golden Golden Bay, for example, and Singleton Golden Bay has got that huge And I know this because there's the new playground there that I think it's Pete. Ironically, p double Et not Pat Pete are building through there. There's a heap of development through there. So trees, the the buffers disappeared, more and more houses in the area. But it doesn't, it doesn't, it doesn't. It's not gonna smell what sorry, so iry to laugh, but because I can laugh, So don't live there. But can you imagine can you imagine living one kilometer away when the EASTI he's playing, Well, we thanks for you, corresponds. We'll come back to it in just a moment. We do have another story before ten o'clock before you. A couple of dolphins have died in the Swan River in the last couple of days, and Rob says Anne has a great radio voice. More segments from Anne would be good. Thanks Rob. She does have a great radio boy. She's also a very very good producer and a good colleague. We're going to lose it soon because this Friday she's thirty one week's pregnant. Twelve and a half minutes to ten. Listen, as you be the judge. I've got a piece of a four paper with a statement from the police minister and it about the outstanding warrants? You be the judge? Should I read it? Should I read it? What's the point of me reading out a statement honestly on doub three add two. I'm happy to do it when it comes from a listener or it's helps helps move the story on, but not when you've asked to interview someone that's just me up to you. Yes, no question today, will Murray. What the environments that approved the Northwest Shelf extension? Not what you're wanting to do, but Willie, before this Saturday, the yes, the thirty four and the noser two. Some sad news that we spotted overnight that there's been a couple of Swan River dolphins have left us Moon and Moon's calf. This hap happened twenty four hours apart, I think so. Jason Menzies is our man to talk dolphins in the Swan Canning River Park in to Senior Officer of Behavior Change and Public Participation looks after the River Guardians program as well.
Speaker 5: Hi Jason, morning Bowie.
Speaker 9: How are I?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm well, thanks. So we've lost a couple, have we?
Speaker 10: Yeah, look's been a few days we've lost. First three were reported of one of our favorite matriarchs of the river, Moon being spot I'd sort of swimming on the surfers. Looked like she was dragging something around, and yeah, we determined that it was her calf that she had obviously just given birth to and had died. And so dolphins very intelligent, they have a grieving process. So she was just basically trying to keep it up at the surface to try and help her breathe. Unfortunately, Tony avail. So that was sort of Thursday we got the first report. Great work by the DVCA rangers. We managed to retrieve the body on Saturday morning from the foreshore. So obviously Moon had finished grieving, and we were able to then get it to the university and then the fridge for in a cropsy, which we are going to be doing hopefully today, so we should have some finings on the cause of death for the calf a bit later today.
Speaker 2: And then Jason, sorry to interrupting and not knowing much about this, and I hope this isn't too gruesome. But when baby card are born, are they still she had physically been transporting the car for around or are they still attached somehow? How does that work?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: No, so they're not attached at all. So they're basically just born and then into the astraline environment and obviously then we'll usually get up to the surface to over their first breath.
Speaker 2: Of air, and so she's trying to guide it through all that. Well, that's that's no good. So the little one has ended up at u w A and there'll be an autopsy in the cropsy there and then not.
Speaker 11: At uw A.
Speaker 10: No Murdock University partner with Dolphin Watship.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's a very modern distinction to make Jason go Murdock. And then she's turned up as well, and she's she's no longer with us.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a very sad start. Yesterday we heard that there was another dolphin washed up on Applecross for short and collectively held our breaths and Ray just got down. They took some photos and researched at Murdoch Delphine Shaban Doctor Delphin Shaban, the fighter as Moons. So it was the mother in fact, who's obviously been probably well known to your listeners as well. This is the dolphin that had the strange, mysterious lump that appeared in April last year on a dorsal site and that disappeared after help from the public in monitoring and her whereabouts, but it reappeared again almost twelve months later.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's really sad. Mane and I and your rangers in this regard and the river Guardians and which I think last time we spoke there was twenty and two hundred of them. They do a crucial job and keeping an eye on the animals. Given we've got a couple moved in from the ocean and a couple of moved around the place. Jason, we sort of sitting around that in total that twenty five twenty seven, Mark, do you think, Yeah, look.
Speaker 10: A spot on there well done. So we sort of say there's usually around twenty to twenty five resident dolphins. That's been the average over the last sixteen years we've run Dolphin Watch at the moment, with Moon's death and we recently lost another calf that suffering from fishing line entanglement a couple of months ago, so we lost those two. We then actually had two calves born in February March, so we currently have twenty four resident dolphins in the river park.
Speaker 1: That includes the one that the ones that came in from the ocean, so.
Speaker 10: There's been Yeah, there's some visitors that come in from the ocean side. We call them visitors in the Dolphin Watch Finn book. They are identified by Delphine, but they're not quite residents yet. So yeah, that makes sense. So residents come us with a bark on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, good to know Murdoch University on doctor Delphine and world under you and the team. But we've lost Moon and the baby. I guess you've been around it for a while. Can a dolphin suffer adverse health after a birth?
Speaker 5: Jason, Yeah, look.
Speaker 10: Quite possibly, Simon, And that's why we're really interested to see the findings from the cropsy that doctor Nage Stevens is going to be helping us with. We'd love to know, obviously was what the cause of death was for the calf, but also really for Moon as well, just to be able to obviously then report to the public and the powers that be what what actually happened and how they died. Yeah, So obviously that lump adds another level of intrigue. You know what caused the lump and was it a putubuty factor in Moon's death? So I hoping to have all these questions answered.
Speaker 2: Keep up the good work, mate, Simon.
Speaker 10: If I could leave you with a one piece of good news for your listeners is that we do have a competition open at the moment people to suggest a name for the two new dolphin calves that were born in February March. Yeah, and look, as a chance would have it, one of the dolphins that had the calf is gender and Ginder was a calf that was Moon was his mother, So there's a little bit of a circle of life. So people would like to suggest the name, they can go onto the River Guardians website which is just Rivergardians dot com and there's a competition page that they can put in the name.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks mate, thanks letting us know, thanks for talking to us as always. Thanks Boby Good Jason Menzi's senior officer. But behavior change in public participation. I think thirteen years the regardian program has been running. So there's twenty four in the river currently in the Swan and Canning rivers, plus two plus two visitors that may may or may not have come up from MANDRA. That's a bit of a shame, isn't it. So go go to the website and have a look. River guardians might be to name the dolphins. Two and a half minutes to ten o'clock. Thank you for listening. Keeping a tally today. Do you think the environment Minister of the Federal Environment is that Mara Whatott will approve the North Northwest Shelf extension the woodside contract, not what you think you'd like him to do, but actually what you think he will do. And then yes, it's a thirty four and the noser two and we got one year and no Joe says the any NWS should be approved. It's been supplying WA gas for forty years. It's critical infrastructure, says Joe, and it did crack a couple of mentions during the election campaign as well that our gas retention policy Energy retention policy in WA is world best, Australian best. Ten o'clock now, thanks listening everyone. I'm Simon Beaumont. We're here until one o'clock today. Still to come on the show. Mick Corllos will join us. We've had to move Mick around from Thursdays to Wednesdays in the last couple of weeks because he's very very busy. On a Thursday he hasn't got a job. He's just very very busy, so we've moved Micked to Wednesdays and Darren sen Or will join us after eleven today. Sue mcdog will still away, so Dazz will come in and talk gardening and home holder culture. Thanks for listening. In one, double three eighty two, Yes, no question today. Will the Environment Minister by this Saturday approve the Northwest Shelf extension for Woodside? Do you think he will do that? So not what you want to happen. What do you think he will do? The yeses are thirty eight and the knows are two and we have been we have been talking about this issue with Aden Namblap, which is east of the stak Hill Road sort of area, those suburban areas. There there's a precinct where there is a composting operation, a mushroom composting operation, a piggery and a whole pile of infrastructure that involves waste being turned into combustibles. And when the eastly blows, the smell gets to right through Steak Hill, right through those areas. There's been a heap of gum trees cleared out of the area, and the smell does get to the coast, and it gets to the suburbs on the coast which have been developed in recent times, so Golden Bay, Singleton, Secret Harbor, all those sorts of places. So it is an issue. Now we've spoken to the operator of sea Wise, who are the company that change or transform the waste matter into combustibles. Spoke to Andy gulliverher he was good enough to come on and I guess, I guess the fundamental question which we're all asking, and if you don't live in the area you'll be asking too, is how bad is the smell. So there's a panel of people, panel of experts that go around and they are trained in these matters a bit like wine connot sewers. I suppose they have a certain palette and they can tell you how bad a smell is. But and you also mentioned a thing called the ENOS, which is an electronic old factory system. And yeah, so that's the issue, isn't it? How bad is the smell? Last night council, the City of Rocking Hand Council moved to get de word to hurry up on this and to try and make some decisions. The obvious question is can they these facilities move? And they're expensive to move. Patrick from buyfood one of our faves, Kuda Patrick, Come on, Simon, and everyone knows smell is measured using chemical analysis and dynamic old factometry or factometry, and measured in European odor units per cubic meter old factometry. You form a school teacher, when are you leaving? It comes from the Latin the whole factors things and meaning smell. Patrick says he got there from Ai. Jonah says yes, Simon, Hello, hello Joan Ann. Yes, Murray what we'll say yes to the gas project. We do have a statement from the Police Commissioner on the warrants. Sorry, the Police Minister on the warrants. I've asked you want me to read it out. We're going to take a slight different option because Jake Patrick has been to the Police Commission's press conference. In just a moment, Todd says yes, Bowie on the yes, no polywist. People want to sit in the dark. We still need that evil gas. Andrew says yes, yes, yes, renewables the dole.
Speaker 1: F See, how would you say that, Jake? Things that make you.
Speaker 2: Go, you've got to throw an r in there. Thanks for your thoughts today, folks. We will continue on with the show and the topics that are there. And we have mentioned to you that a couple of dolphins, a dolphin calf and the mum moon have died in the last twenty four hours or so, which is sad. So the dolphin population in the river is down to twenty four plus a couple of visitors which we think came up from Mandra So well done to Jason Menzies. And if you're if you're a river guardian, it's two thousand and two hundred of you with your binoculars and your sharp eye sight. Give us a call today. And if you do live in the area, in the buffer zone where you can smell this piggery and smell the sludge. Give us a call. How bad is it? How bad is it? We can sit in this office here and talk till we're blue in the face, but how bad is it? One double three eighty two is the phone number, and we're trying to find out how expensive the eenos is. And the word I've got from Ann, former English teacher is xpeno. This is expensive. Jake Patrick, a news director here at six PR, has been to coll Blanche's doorstop is media conference this morning and this is on the outstanding warrants. Jake, how did you go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning to you.
Speaker 2: Simon.
Speaker 12: There was yes story in the daily newspaper this morning with some pretty alarming figures, a story that's pretty good on paper. Thousands of potent, dangerous fugitives have been on the run from WA police more than a decade. Data provided to Parliament according to the article, shows that almost six thousand outstanding arrest warrants police are pursuing and more than two thy three hundred were issued ten years ago or more. So when you read that story, I got pretty excited about it this morning as a pour over what's happening in the new cycle each morning, and I thought, well, let's go and ask Cole Blanche, our police commissioner, if he's overly concerned about it and what they're doing, and how many people they've got on the job trying to catch these fugitives, some of which have been on the run for more than a decade.
Speaker 13: Have a listen well, every single police officer, so over two hundred police officers carry a mobile phone every day out on duty. Anyone that has an outstanding warrant that they come across will be flagged and alerted as having a warrant. We have executed over one hundred and eighty thousand warrants in the last twenty years, so we're only talking about three percent being outstanding. Three percent too many for me, and I will continue to track down those that fly up the law and have a warrant.
Speaker 1: Issues against them. Are any of them duneos?
Speaker 13: Well, the dangerous ones we follow up as quick as possible and arrest them. And that's why you've seen ninety seven percent of arrest warrants execute.
Speaker 2: So three percent is a figure too high for Commissioner Blanche. And did you get a sense, Jake, that it's operational, or it's a priority, or is a physical police numbers thing.
Speaker 12: I got a sense that the people that are outstanding individuals, we didn't hear it in the grab there, but the individuals that had a court date and were not that inclined to head to court and have fled.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's interesting. Tom Percy is listening Tom Percy Casey today, Tom, and he says, Simond Adam Hornt Hort or as I might call him Aaron because they call me Shane only joking. It's completely fine. These things happen to There is no warrants crisis in inverted commas. Most are in respective minor offenses traffic, cannabis, shoplifting, et cetera. Where the alleged defender was passing through wa and decided not to stay around in attend court. And Tom would know, I reckon, he's in court every day, someone from in the state, some obversee some deceased which you're referring to. The warrants just cannot be executed. This is no fault on the part of the police. There will always be these type of situations. Less than point zero five percent arrest. It's not a crisis, says Tom Percy. So he, like you and like mister Blanche says, look it's too high, will chase him up, but it's not a high figure.
Speaker 12: That was my takeaway and my gut feel on what cole Blanche and his demeanor and the way he answered the questions this morning was Yep, that's correct. What these individuals are accused of doing. Is it completely possible to throw everything or do we need to throw everything at trying to find these people?
Speaker 2: Not saying that the police aren't.
Speaker 12: But yeah, I think you heard it there when I asked the police commissioner are these people dangerous? And he said no, we're pretty good at getting the dangerous ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: He has a lot of charisma and a lot of personality cole Blanche, and people do react to that. I certainly do, and our lists certainly do. But that's the that's the story today. And you know there's some politics in it. It's it's the opposition spokesperson on matters police versus Rees Whitby in this one as well. Jake, yesterday, you've been you are our news director here, but you're also a bit of a citizen journalist as well, and you live near the new train stations on the Coburn line. This is over in the Carlisle area, so tell us bring us up. So I asked on your behalf yesterday add on you know our listener's behalf. Will the train station be ready to those train stations be ready to go? Will that train line be ready to go in the Carlisle area on Monday, Dune the ninth, I asked Reta Safioda yesterday will the Thornley Coburn rail link be open on schedule? I think during the Monday, Dune the ninth, if they going to happen.
Speaker 14: Riata, Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's all. That's all planned and good to go.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we've been doing extensive driver training, so it's all ready to go. The stations are ready to go, and so that'll commence. I think our community open day is the June the eighth, the Sunday to June the eighth, and during the ninety it opens for normal services.
Speaker 2: So you live over that way, the trains are running on the line, so we can attest that there is driver training and the trains are working.
Speaker 12: You can hear them, you can see them, the train track and the train's going on the track. That's going beautifully.
Speaker 2: So you're out with your dog last night having a walk and taking a few photos some of them. It does look like some of those stations, the Oats Station Street station in particular, will struggle to be opened on time.
Speaker 12: That's my gut feel. You get that feeling right there. It's sort of at the top of your belly, beneath the pecks. Something doesn't quite sit right with me whether this is going to open on time.
Speaker 2: There is so much work landscaping, scaping, prefencing.
Speaker 1: If the train stations are built, and it is.
Speaker 12: We've got a beautiful new train station down a street, and the Carlisle one just down the road is going.
Speaker 2: Along beautifully as well.
Speaker 12: But my take on it is it isn't quite safe for people to access those train stations yet. There's far too much landscaping, bridgehaving construction. I mean, there's still diggers, big diggers as well on site, and a lot of sand, a lot of yellow sand.
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 12: Just have a feeling it's not going to be ready in time.
Speaker 2: It's been.
Speaker 12: I want to be proven wrong. They've done a tremendous job, it's been. I've been living and breathing it for the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: So Saturday Sunday during the eighth is the community open days. You took a couple of pictures last night, and I agree with you. They do look they do look some ways off at this stage at two stations. Two of the stations did open last night, did they.
Speaker 12: I don't know if they were open last night. The main issue for residents in Carlisle is Mint and Archer Street has been closed for some time, so that's been sending people down Roberts Road towards Shepperdon Road and there's no green turn arrow there, which has been an issue for a number of years. So there's been a large bottle lot of congestion, a lot of congestion around peak times and school drop off and pick up. And I noticed last night on the community page. I haven't driven down the yet, but Mint Street looks to be open, which is a great result. But it's the it's the infrastructure and the making it safe for patrons to get up to the train station because it's all elevated now, so you've actually got to get up high and get up to the to the platform. So that whole area around the stations looks to be to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah done, Yeah, all right, And Jake, who's a massive coming of supporter. If if Rita's right and it opens on time, Jake will spend all day for a week wearing a Fremantle jumper and a West Coast jumper on alternate days in the office.
Speaker 12: Well, I said to you yesterday off air that if it opens on time, I will write the Coburn to Thornleigh link and Armadale line in an outfit. If you're choosing asterisk you know, no man Keenes or anything like that.
Speaker 1: But I don't have the rig for it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, that's you know, yeah, no, that's right.
Speaker 1: Eating my hat sort of territory it is.
Speaker 2: May Thanks for bringing us up to date and thanks for bringing it. Going to Cole Blanche's press Conrade, youre welcome, Jake Patrick, our news director here at six PRS. So a couple of issues for you there, a bit of citizen journalism for you as well. It does look underdone, particularly the Oat Street station. Will it be open on Monday week? Vidasafiordi reckons it's will, maybe it will, maybe the work around the clock, but it's still sund construction, temporary fencing which is hat central. Nineteen and a half past ten, Thanks for listening in What do you make of Commission to Blanche's comments? Three percent of warrants are still outstanding one hundred and eighty thousand in the last twenty years, it's only three percent. He'd like it to be improved, but it's not a worry for him. I'd love to hear from you. Twenty past ten. Now keeping a poll this morning. Do you think Murray what will approve the woodside contract extension? Not what you want him to do, but what you think he will do. A lot of correspondents on this. We're keeping the poll going. Chrissy, Hi, Chrissy, Yes, surely common sense will prevail. Rob from Frio so Is. I did some work down there, not talking about the nam be Lup precinct and that smell would make make you six six six, says Rob from Frero. Thank you Rob. This one here from Britt. Hello Britt, nice to hear from you. The state government has created this issue by allowing development and clearing with our inadequate vegetation buffers around and existing facility. The state government should be a financial assisting seawise to manage this situation, Britt, We're getting a few correspondents on that. Nick Collis, if he needs a job, maybe he can be one of the odor inspectors for the piggery, says Liam as she meet lives near the Shenton Park waste facility. Does that still smell the one near McGilvray O, Well, I think that never used to smell that great. That's in a build up area. And a couple of our listeners. I've heard cole Blanche this morning on another radio station and he was a little a little happier with a three percent, but less happy when he spoke to the broader media pack. Thanks Pete, Thanks Rob for letting us know. And Peter says, I live in Singleton and the smell is quite bad at times. You can even smell at eleven kilometers off shore fishing at times. But I think the clearing all the vegetation adjacent to the nambl Up precinct has exacerbated the smell. Maybe just replant the trees, Thanks Pete. Steve says warrants are not high. Tom Percy nailed at nothing to see. Move on, let's go to the phone, Sandy, Peter, how are you.
Speaker 16: All right, Simon, Yeah, I just wanted to make the comment about the train line and how i'd imagine they will get it open, because it's going to be like the bumbry Ring Road where they opened it six months before. Really it should have been, because even now there's still lanes closed when you travel down there Monday to Friday, and with scrapers and doing landscaping and things like that. So I don't think that's a priority for the government. I think it's just get a concrete platform there and get people on the train. That's the that's the priority for them.
Speaker 1: So well, what about That's just what I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the priority for Peter and for for human beings? What would you prefer they just opened up?
Speaker 16: My priority would be the would be the train. Yeah, get to get the train. I'm not worried whether this plant's looking at me or not. I just would want to get the train line going.
Speaker 2: Good call mate, Thank you, very good analogy to very good comparison with the outer humbry Ring Road. Won double three A two back to nambeelap. Paula lives out that way, Hi, Paula, how are.
Speaker 17: You not bad? Thanks?
Speaker 1: What's it like?
Speaker 18: Terrible?
Speaker 17: It's it's it's putrid, absolutely putrid. It's it smells like an open sewer. Wow, that's what it smells like. And it's nearly every day.
Speaker 2: Are you east or west of the facility, Paula the precinct?
Speaker 17: Where west we're four hundred meters from the beach at Madora Bay. Yeah, okay, so yeah, so we're a fair distance from it.
Speaker 18: But get it.
Speaker 2: Madora and Singleton and Golden Bay, those beautiful little sleepy joints that they have a lot of new houses too.
Speaker 17: Yeah, there's been heaps of development here, heaps, and I think that's been part of the problem as well, because of the clearing of vegetation, and I think that stopped. But this has been going on for years. We had a holiday home not far from where we are now, and we moved in here nine years ago. I was putting in the complaint nine years ago about an odor. It was mild. Then it's it's constant. Now it's just terrible.
Speaker 2: I'm really sorry.
Speaker 17: You can't sit outside and have a coffee, you can't have a meal outside because it's just it's you can't sit out there. Oh no, yeah, it's uncomfortable in summer. It's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I'd love to retire at Golden Bay or Madora or Singleton and Pola and that doesn't sound sound good at all.
Speaker 17: Well that's the problem as well. A lot of people won't plain because they're worried about the cost of you know, their house, the value of their property.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, that's a really good place. And so it's when the easterly but how many I suppose It depends on the wind direction, doesn't it. So when you're in, when you're in the summer and the easterly is blowing, it's it's futrid.
Speaker 17: I mean, last night it happened again. It wasn't as strong, but it happened again. It was around about seven thirty eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was easily was in last night, wasn't it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so we get it. If I don't close my bathroom door in our bedroom, it's terrible. Oh no really, So yeah, if I close the bathroom door, it's okay the en suite. But if I yeah, if I leave it open, it goes through the bedroom.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's extraordinary. Well, Paula, you know, we'll stay on it as best we can. I mean the City of Rockingham are going after it. By the sounds of things, it's that council last side. It sounds like people are trying to do right.
Speaker 17: Even he had had a community meeting just before Easter and we had quite a few people there complaining. He invited members of the MPs to attend. We only had the Shadow Minister for Environment attend and members of Manager City Council and Rockingham City Council.
Speaker 2: Nine years, You've been complaining for nine years. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, Paula, thank you for talking to us. I'm sorry you have to go through all that, but there's it sounds like that it's.
Speaker 17: Just time to do something about it. It's time, but something at it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right, no doubt about that. Thanks Paula.
Speaker 1: Get a Dylan, Oh here you going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good mate.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I a number of years ago I sold a back up diesel generator to the piggery up near Gingin and I had the unfortunate circumstances actually have to go there because it made it. It's that smell that you can taste. Yeah, absolutely horrible because the thing is what they understand this was a backup generator. Because they're all inside and they extract the stink out. So they've got extraction fans to extract all the smell out. Yeah, yeah, well that gets shot up in the air and I was, I mean, I was probably one hundred meters from it, and I was trying not to throw up.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 19: It was horrible. But if those people are smelling that going through their houses, that that is that he's not good. But the whole thing is the smell gets extracted.
Speaker 14: Out into the air.
Speaker 19: It's going to go go through everywhere, and yeah, it's not a good smell. I also yesterday from Kafa to poured Headlin and back and there's a cow carcass on the side of the road that just looked like.
Speaker 2: It smells a mate. Good to talk to you now. Peter Hudson has been pushing this for a while. He's a City of Rockingham councilor he's not talking on behalf of council, but he can tell us that it was raised a council last night. Peter, good to talk to you again.
Speaker 20: Good morning. So I'm good to follow up with you and your listeners after our chat just before Easter. And yes, yeah, right, I'm speaking on my own behalf and not on behalf of the city. But it was raised last night in a notice of my that I put and passed unanimously through Planning and Assets a meeting. We ended up getting a motion passed last night which effectively was instructing our CEO to advocate to the state Environment Minister and the department to work more collaboratively with the community and actually do something about the issue which has been persisting and persisting. And while the web page has been updated yesterday with the minor update, there's still no relief or alleviation to the residents that are being affected down there.
Speaker 2: Well, just talking to Paula Peter, she's lived there for nine years in Madora, and she says she can't you know, you can't go outside, and people are worried about their house.
Speaker 1: Fadues Simon.
Speaker 20: This is exactly what I've been hearing from the people on the ground, whether it's at the community forum or in the months since. I've been working very closely with the residents down there, and they're telling me the same thing. You know, they can't enjoy the amenity of their life. They can't, you know, they're worried about how long they can stay and retire in the area. They're worried about the prices of their house. But the consistent theme which people of spoken to me about this morning, wanting me to call in and relay to you and your listeners is the inaction of the state government on this issue to meaningfully address the problem is the biggest issue. So while you know, myself in the City of Rockingham and a few other people Andrew Hasty here and there are willing to take the fight on, it is ultimately the responsibility of the state government and the Department of Water to actually rectify this issue. And this is something which, as Paula said just before, at least nine years the problem has been going on and it has only gotten worse since the summer of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Incredible, Hey, Peter, if do you get a sense talking to people, is it the piggery, Is it the mushroom composting, Is it the general composting or a combination thereof.
Speaker 20: Look I suspect it's actually a combination of the three. And the state government doesn't seem to be completely one hundred percent certain of what it is. Even the City of Rockingham has done some investigations themselves, and they seem to think that it can be a combination of the three. Certainly, some residents have identified that they associate particular smells with the mushroom farm, for example, and then other smells with the piggery and things like that. But ultimately it's drawing out a cacophony of odors which are just unbearable for the people down there, and unfortunately there's people that are going to unlistened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a nightmare. It sounds like a nightmare. Peter, thanks for chatting to us.
Speaker 1: Stay on it and we'll do likewise in our own own way.
Speaker 2: And yeah, we've got it. Something's got to happen now and someone it feels like someone's got to move.
Speaker 20: Yeah, absolutely, mate. I think there needs to be some at least some harsher conditions impost. We've already seen that come in last year, so we definitely need more action now. And it's something I'll be continuing to fight on because that's what the people.
Speaker 21: Of that area deserve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thanks Peter, Thanks Tonan Peter Hudson, City of Rockingham counselor. So, Yeah, motion six hundred people to sign the petition, but that's been going on for a while, so look at least at least do were the department are acknowledging that it's taken too long been changes to the physical landscape around the precinct. Trees have been removed, buffer zone has been removed, and more houses in the area sore, more noses around there as well. Sounds absolutely awkward, doesn't it? What a nightmare that is? Makes you feel good about living in your own place, doesn't it. It's twenty seven minutes to eleven o'clock.
Speaker 22: Be aware of debris and success the Quanana northbound billy A Drive. There are sheets across multiple lanes to make sure you slow down and drive it carefully. Otherwise, good news to truck break down in Bayswater Guilford Road to eastbound at Cantanning Street has been cleared.
Speaker 2: Things are now moving safely.
Speaker 22: I'm Rob baver on Perth Traffic Leader six PR Marxis Simon.
Speaker 2: Does the bad smell down out of the nambe Lap Precinct past the pub sniff test mark? No, I don't think it does. As they say in France and normal Perhaps the property developers who love clearing land to make money can put their hands in their pockets and help move the industries is rob thank you, and Murray lives in Golden Bay, but it must be another planet. There is an odor at times. It's hardly a crisis. We've never had to go inside to get away from it. It is worse than a cold, still night, which you've had recently. Thanks Muzz, appreciate that. So it's not a universal or It certainly doesn't get to Murray's house, but lots of people don't like it.
Speaker 1: Muzz.
Speaker 2: On the subject of will Murray Watt approved the north West shelf extension for Woodside? The yeses are forty forty six, Thanks Donner. Yes, I hope so our family works in the industry in the pil We're nice to hear from you. Yes, it's forty six. And those to talk about phone charges, I've got an I've just had a quick look on my phone. I've got an iPhone eleven and that is a lightning phone charger, so the little lightning lead. So I want to talk about the things we have in the walls, the different leads. The new Apple iPhones have gone to us C a USB C lead and it's okay to leave device charges plugged in all the time. What do you reckon? And what is a vampire charge? Doctor Glenn Farrabah is Electric and Power Electronics at Melbourne. You need like, Glenn, how are you hi, Simon, Good to talk to you. What's what's about?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thank you? What's the vampire charge?
Speaker 23: Ah? Well, it's a it's a catchy phrase. Actually it's a Basically, what it means is a stand by power. It means that you have your charger plugged in, but your phone is disconnected and that charger draws a tiny amount of power and we call it a stand by power vampire power.
Speaker 2: So this I've got so many questions for you, Glenn. Some some charges seeing the charge faster than others, don't they?
Speaker 23: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: And is that is that a writing that they have?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Well, nowadays we're actually a lot, like especially phones, a lot of them moving into the fast chargers and that's just purely for convenience. Yeah. There is a maximum amount of power that each charger can provide and depending on your device, can take it or not. It depends on the battery of your device, you can take it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, I know, having having been a trade a thousand years ago, Glenn, I know enough to know that it's alternating current coming out of the wall, and the little white thing changes it to a DC current and does that does that rating and the output of that vary? And should you be charging an iPad differently to say an iPhone.
Speaker 23: Oh, I don't think we need to worry about that assignment because devices they come with their own charges and already much to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 23: And modern chargers, modern charge is actually when we talk about iPhones and iPads, and I think they actually communicate with the chargers, so we don't need to worry about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: How do they do How do they do that? Len?
Speaker 2: That's amazing. So we are seeing an increasing prevalence of the USB C charges now, aren't I think Apple? Apple are changing over to those, aren't they?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they have to because now the regulatory is all things they're forcing them to do that. Actually because Apple, they're not doing it out of goodness of their hearts. They want to make money. They want to sell their charges separately. But now especially in European unions, unions and other things, they have like strict regulatories that they're forcing Apple to do this because they need to be compatible with everybody.
Speaker 2: Else, wouldn't they? I already thought it worked yet would work the other way? Gleam when they had the lightning the lightning jacks that that's that's how they made money. But and so they didn't have to use a universal lead.
Speaker 23: Mm hmm. Well, I mean the fast charges not just for Apple, a lot of a lot of the phone charges and any things they come with fast charges nowadays the new phones are uh you have anglid phones, some Pons or whatever they have the fast charges yep.
Speaker 2: Sure? And what in your world? And as as a citizen and as a consumer, Gland, are they do the fast charges that you put your phone on? They vary widely in how well they work, don't they? We said give them away as promotional products at the last place I worked, and they were they were sub showroom. But there are there are ones you can buy what you can use saying cafes and things that commercially that are pretty.
Speaker 23: Quick mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, one was the question, Yeah they are. Do you why is there such a variation in the in the the charges that you place your phone on as opposed to plug it in. What's the Why are they so different?
Speaker 23: It just goes back to the power rating of them in terms of like like how the point is that the faster you charge your phone, you don't want to do the fast charging too often. Quite frankly, if I'm a manufacturer, I want to charge my phone with the appropriate amount of charge. If it goes too fast, it will damage the battery over time. So say I can charge my phone in five minutes if I do it like a hundred times, whereas if I charge my phone in hour, I can do it probably thousand times. So from the warranty perspective, it's not easy for manufacturers to say that here is the charger. They can do it five minutes, charge you anyway.
Speaker 2: And are you of the view, Glenn, that I branded lead and a branded charger is superior to something you'd buy at Big W or in a supermarket or in a petrol station.
Speaker 23: I think so we need to be very careful about that. The charges that we need to buy, well, probably the stuff that you buy from Dictology and it should be okay. But I'm more worried about like stuff that people buy from online stores. There's no credibility or nothing. So every charger they need to have some sort of standards or some sort of certification that comes with it. And this goes to the safety for the efficiency and a lot of those I would say ship products they don't have that. That's actually a quickly dangerous Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey Glenn, really good to talk to you today, mate, Thanks for thanks for chatting to us about charges and leads and all of the above. Thank you, Glenn, Thank you very much. Cheers made Glenn Faravar, Doctor Glenn Farravar lecture in Power Electronics at Melbourne. You need what do you reckon? Sometimes an anecdotal thing, isn't it? Through trial and error, you know, you just know where your fune will charge best in your home. You'll also know that if it's turned off at the wall, there's a little bit of residual charge vampire charge left in the charger itself. Apple are changing over to USB C JAX in their phones, so Sean and Ann have got those because they've got fancy phones. Yeah, charges, what do you reckon? And Glenn, and I've heard Trevor Long say this as well, doctor Glenn, and also trev Long reckon you shouldn't use that. You shouldn't buy those leads from Big w I think they're like three for ten bucks. The colored ones they also don't buy and they are dangerous, but they also break down, don't they. What do you reckon one double three a E two and you you slowest charges in your car? Isn't it because the twelve old batteryo? I guess the other one is the is the flat flat charges that you put your phone on. I think they're called fast charges, but they often ain't. You got to dig your phone around and move it around. Someone don't work at all. Meddi Cross joins us now from the six PR News too, and we I think they have a signed contract on the Women and Babies Hospital in Murdoch. Get a Meddi.
Speaker 25: Hey bowie, Yeah, that's right. So I'm here in Murdoch right now. I can see if your own a Stanley in the distance, and it's we're at the site of where the new Women and Babies Hospital in Murdoch will be and the state government has signed a contract with builder we Build for the construction of this one point eight billion dollar facility. Now earlier this month it was actually a review that we Build joint venture partner roberts Co, who was set to help with this facility, had gone into administration, so we build spokesperson today was of course asked if they're going to replace roberts Co or if they're going to do this by themselves. He said, he's really confident that they're going to handle this themselves. They don't need a junior partner and this should still be done by twenty twenty nine, this facility. So you know, all the health ministers were here as well, including Health Infrastructure Minister John Kerry, and he said, you know, they're learning from previous builds such as the Perth Children's Hospital and that delivery, and they're really confident that we build can successfully do this one in time. I guess in four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Madie, good report, comprehensive as always made. I'm wrecking my brain here, but I think we build it. Haven't built a hospital in Australia previously, that's correct.
Speaker 25: So he was asked about that they haven't built in Australia, but they have built two hundred hospitals elsewhere around the world, so they're using that experience, they say, to bring to this one. Yeah, two hundred hospitals internationally by we build.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, world, I'm Maddie. And did you say all the health ministers sorry.
Speaker 25: Health minister and health infrastructure just so yeah kind of you know.
Speaker 2: There is the well, there is four of them my VIGs. Are you spot on? Hey, Maddie, Thank you comprehensive, Thanks for talking to our listeners and we'll hear you report during the day.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Maddie.
Speaker 2: Cross from our newsroom, metal and cross from our newsroom. So it's been signed. It's on we build, going to do the job. They haven't built hospitals in Australia before, there was some criticism about that, but they built hospitals around the world, so it's it's a goer on that site, that contentious site. It's going ahead and it'll be finished by twenty twenty nine. Thanks for listening. Twelve and a half minutes to eleven, Yes, no question, which will keep going until one o'clock. Had a good response to this today. It should be it should happen before Saturday. And we have, as we have been doing for a week or so week and a half, put in a call to Murray Watt to see if he has a decision on the woodside gas contract and lease extension. Yes, no, what you reckon?
Speaker 1: He will do?
Speaker 2: Will you approve it? Not? Do you want him to? But will either?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is a forty six that knows are two talking about phone charges?
Speaker 1: Hi, Damien heys simon, he mate, good mate.
Speaker 11: So what the guy was talking about with the phone charges is pretty much going on in regards to you can have two phone charges that look very similar. The key point is what the wattage is of the actual charger itself. That's the crucial bit, not whether it works on twelve volts or whether it works on two forty volts or anything like that. Most charges in your cars will only be five what Sometimes you'll get a car with a USB see in it that might be a twelve watt and they will charge a bit faster. Some of the bigger bricks that you plug into the wall that will be eighteen watts and thirty watts, and if the phones can support it, they will charge at a fast rate based on what the wattage is of the actual unit. But that one that you're talking about where you place your phone on it to charge, which is the induction one. They are not fast charge. They're not designed to be fast charges. The induction can't charge as fast as what an actual cable can, so the most you'll ever get on that might be, you know, sort of maybe ten watts, twelve watts. You're not going to get like you get with a thirty wa so when you're charging. And also the Apple charges and also I think it's Balkan which have been licensed by Apple to be certified as a genuine Apple Fast charges. If you buy another one, say big w or something like that, and you complain to Apple that your phone's not charging as fast, they won't give two tinker's cuffs about it. It has to be a licensed product for it to for it to be fast charge.
Speaker 2: Very good, Damien, and you know all this.
Speaker 11: Just a geek mate of heart. Good on you.
Speaker 2: Hey, Damien, is there there's a third type of jack? Isn't there? From memory? There's it's the one I use on my Google Chrome Cast. I don't think it's a it's not a USB. Third one isn't there?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: So you've got you've got USBC, you've got the light in jack, you've got your micro that your micro and you had your minis to start with. Then you had a micro one and and this change from Apple of going to USB C like the gentleman said, it was forced by the European Union that were trying to cut down on the amount of landfill wastage cables that get chucked out on a yearly basis, so they wanted to uniform it, and Apple I had to come to the table kicking and screen because they wanted to be Their whole point of not using USB SE and doing the lightning is because of the spinner, which means they could make their phone sinner yep. But now they're forced to use the same USB CE table as everyone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Damion, thank you very much for calling in.
Speaker 1: Mate. You explain it really well. Cheers, Biddy, Thank you. Mate.
Speaker 2: Lee says, it's the watages, not the pinky punks. I don't know what that means. It's funny ever heard in sixty two years the phrase pinky punks before? But do appreciate it. Brenda says Simon. We can get three bags of ice for twelve dollars and three charges for ten dollars, cold beers and charging devices while we watch the football.
Speaker 1: How good?
Speaker 2: It's not bad, is it? Brandon? I mean we win sometimes, but We're going pretty good, power steering beat showers, got a health get a zeno.
Speaker 16: Good Simon.
Speaker 5: How are you going good mate?
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for the offer too to landscape the train station, saven Carlo.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 24: Always happy to help the labor government try and get their trained stations open on time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 24: Just on the state government awarding this hospital construction contract to we Build. I believe we Build is owned by an Italian company, and I'm just wondering why this state Labor government has awarded this multi million dollar contract to an Italian company. I realized they're based in Australia, but I thought they were trying to promote Australian companies and we build trains in Wa and all that sort of thing. So it's a bit strange why they've chosen that company over plenty of other reputable Australian building companies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, thank you, Matam. I I reckon it would have gone out to tender. It's a good point from you, thanks Zino. It's four and a half minutes to eleven o'clock. I guess you know, a lot of these multinationals do have an Australian trading arm. Or trading component to them, just sort of talking, you know, in the absence of knowing. But I do think it does happen a fever, and I think it would have gone to tender zine. I'll try and find out a little bit more about it. Thanks mate. Four minutes to will Ever Mick Corlos not far away, Thanks for listening in today we have been discussing the smell that's emanating out of nambil Up. It does when the easterly blows. It does get to the coastal suburbs. A heap of blue gum trees have been cleared out of the area. It would seem it seems like the proponents are genuinely trying to fix the problem the state. They're sort of slightly getting involved in the city of Rockingham. Jeane says, somewhat contentiously, did a geen a bad smell at signs?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: If it's a health issue, yes, to deal with it. If not, certainly complain, but hardly a crisis entitled retirees Jeane. They can't go it side, they can't sit outside. Jeane'slucky enough to be in Bustleton, but nothing's perfect yet. Mozzi's down there don't you, Gene, But yeah, Gene's it's bad enough for people not be able to sit outside in Thedora Bay, which is a which is a nice spot and light busto. Will your nice place to retire to?
Speaker 1: Now? Yes?
Speaker 2: No question is will Murray watch the federal environments that will we approve the Northwest Shelf Extension forward side? Not what you hope he does, but what you think he will do. The yes is a fifty one the noose of four people very optimistic. It's time for this.
Speaker 1: The beautiful mind of Michael Collis Simon. Mama terrific to sue you too? You too? Where would you like to retire to? Or you happy where you are? Pretty? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because you can just stay in the same driving the same three roads for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Exactly have you retired? I'm so much to leave. Yeah, semiary time, but more by circumstances than by choice.
Speaker 2: We have had some suggestions from our listeners that you might want to join this special panel which state government run. It's they go around and need to take smells. Yeah right, it's an odor panel.
Speaker 1: That's a job. Really, I got short listed for a job. I've got an email this morning one I applied for. They said you've been shortlisted, but now that project's not going ahead. So whether that's a nice way for them to say you didn't get it? What's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, be shortlisted, but unfortunately the projects go, h got that this morning? How did you feel when it happened, Well, despondent.
Speaker 1: I was happy because your short list. I thought that's good with this, but unfortunately so it kind of was a real roller coaster of emotions.
Speaker 2: I think you're very good and I think you'd be a wonderful employee for someone, especially if the project is going ahead. Exactly the State of Oranges on tonight, So let's quickly touch on that it's been brought on six PR, which is unreal. You have broadcast state of origin for this station previously. You are your heart is your is Rugby Union. But you love the leagues, don't you?
Speaker 1: I do. I was brought up in a very league family, in a league on in the western suburbs of Sydney, very league and origin is one of those things where you don't even need to watch the game at any other time during the year, but as a contest, if you're not, even if you're interested in sport. If you just like watching all the passion that sport brings, this Origin is just fantastic. For me, it's better than Grand Finals. It's just it's terrific. And I was up in Brisbane yesterday and they get the Queenslanders get so excited about Origin. They're all walking. It's in rugby on a Test match day one gets out and about there in the pubs early. They're in their Wallabies jerseys. Yesterday in Brisbane there are people out and about in their Queensland jerseys, drinking beers in the hotel will lobbies at at eleven o'clock. And that's the day before Origin. They're so excited out there, punching darts, breaking hearts exactly, having a durry, got the tracksuit pants on. They're ready to go there the battles, aren't they. It's a great events. So he kicks off to night and six hour broadcast. If we just look at some of the some of the names for the Maroons say Maroons or Maroons, I say Maroon. Yeah, so I'll say it too now because you would know Pongerkaitlyn Ponger Hammer from the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: How good is he? He's great Valentine Holmes, cam Manster. Daddy Cherry is the captain, thirty six years old. DC ruben Cott, Yeah amazing, ain't he on the other side, on the blue side, and they are missing, they are missing. If here's a few big names out, Cody Walker and those sorts of blokes out of the Maroons, but the Blues dealing there with Crichton, Latrell Mitchell could do anything, couldn't he. Moses Nathan Cleary one of.
Speaker 1: The best of all time. Yeah, still talk about big game players. That guy just when Yeah it's tough. He's one of those players that everyone's watching him, but he can still make things happen.
Speaker 2: Payne Haas Isaiah Oo is the captain. So on tonight Campbell Graham's playing as well. So on tonight on six PR. You can watch it on the nine network as well. So can't wait, Let's go.
Speaker 1: And there's a guy just there's a guy called Brian who's the wing it for New South Wales and his this bloke because so much of sport is sterile and sanitize now and they've all got their conditioners and their dieticians. His pre game meal he has two breakfast burgers, a bowl of chips and six cans of diet coke. That's his pre good.
Speaker 2: What would Julie Meat make of that?
Speaker 1: That's right, they'd be shutting it down. Yeah, so it's Rex. You had that when he was about fourteen and played really well. So now he has that every day when he plays. That's his that's pre game meal.
Speaker 2: You and I have watched a lot of great sport at the Shoe Bar over the years. Yes, and it's a place to go tonight if you are in Perth and looking for somewhere to go.
Speaker 1: He go.
Speaker 2: Paul Higgins Joints is the manager of the Shoe Bart. He go, Mick and Simon.
Speaker 18: How are you very good? Thanks?
Speaker 10: Bowie?
Speaker 18: How are you?
Speaker 1: He go? Good?
Speaker 2: Thanks a night of nights tonight. You get a crowd and you reckon.
Speaker 18: Oh always every state of Oregon, especially Game one, there's a real buzz and a sense of urgency. You've got to get off to a flyer when there's only a best of three, so you really want to win the first. And that's the hardest game.
Speaker 23: I reckon.
Speaker 18: It's always really low scoring. It's really just hit twice as hard. I don't know, it's really the game one's where you want to be at and we've always got We've got a good crowd tonight for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he go. I know people do go to the shoe to watch so well. I remember being at your joint one night and it was went into early in the morning. Was it was the final of the World Cup, and I'm pretty sure it was. I might have been Spain, France, I think from memory, he go, And then it was Argentina. Yeah, and it was packed with a lot of a lot of students, a lot of the young students.
Speaker 18: Hey, yeah, a lot a lot of Yeah that that study here obviously the word gets out of where they all want to go and they want to watch it all together, and that just that numbers blew out. That was really really good night when they won. Oh my goodness, Jag and Square just went next level. It was just a just party, dancing and singing and sport. Sport's one of those things, isn't it. It Just everyone just gets into it, gets involved and really takes you away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially especially this one. I remember Glenn cortermain lost his car keys that night.
Speaker 1: He goes, you're wonderf you The found had a briefcase to involved brief.
Speaker 2: Hell, of course if you're listening mad, do you have to do anything specially, do you're forgetting two he's new in or any four x or anything odd?
Speaker 18: Really just so they all book, they all, you know, so many they wear their colors, they get in early. Yeah, they're just just really they're really into it and it's it's just great. They sort of as Nick said that they're built different. They really, they really are. But no, no, not really, they just they just get into it. It's all about the game and obviously a few a few frothies together with your family mates or wives and it is amazing how they can become their best They come as best friends or they come as husband and wife. But while that game's on the lot that the line down the middle is, it's there. It's a huge dark line.
Speaker 2: It's a divide. It really is who do you like tonight?
Speaker 26: He go?
Speaker 1: Who gets up?
Speaker 18: Well, that's a huge stat that the Queensland have only been beaten twice in a row in thirty years at home New South Wales. Obviously it's their time at the moment. There have been the team that have been taking it on the last couple of years, taking it back from Queensland that was so dominant for so long. But are probably going to go to the home team, get get on the underdogs and sheer Queensland at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I might have a good night. Give Joe and Carl a cuddle for us.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we'll do, mate, No worries, Thank you, thank you going yeah.
Speaker 2: You mate, see you there very very very soon. Where do you reckon? Through Australia and the Cuojiebay Hotel comes to mind. One of the biggest pubs in Australia sells the most beer of any pub in Australia, even more so the Camfield sells more on game day the Couoljie Bay Hotel. On a week to week basis, it sells the most beer of any pub in Australia.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Two schooners of new Things. Where do you like as well as the shoe bar? Where do you like going to watch a big game or a big event?
Speaker 1: I like watching it at home. That's probably not the answer after was it because I like just being able to watch it Otherwise people are talking to you and it's you know, I liked you bet, I just concentrate. But I used to go the Paddo. That was always good up in Mount Hawthorne.
Speaker 2: Good for league and union.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you if you went out and talked to people and socialized, maybe you'd find work. You got on people better, That's true. Now we got a couple of I love some of the topics you sent into this this week. Tell us what you'd like to talk about today.
Speaker 1: I've got I've got a lot of things on to talk about. So are we starting or we just what are we doing? It's what we do? We do? How do we do this?
Speaker 2: Just what you're in your you have the film today? What is coming up? Tell our listeners what's coming up and then then we'll chat about it.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk about dress codes. What do you mean about what's appropriate to where when? And I've got a little bit of a thing that made me think of that the other day. I'd like to talk about doves. I'd like to talk about Dolvis, Jetnamese rice, paper rolls, do O V E S yep? And I'd like to talk about my bank thinks I'm racist? Do they?
Speaker 2: I saw Facebook suggested some friends for you the other day.
Speaker 1: How it's that? Who was it? Who gets young from ac DC?
Speaker 2: Ifbe you might like to be friends with You might, yeah.
Speaker 1: You might, someone you might know will be friends with. I thought, how the hell have they said that i'd be friends with Angus Young?
Speaker 2: I don't know, mate, but mind he's been introverted as well. He probably want to watch sport at times. Of course again seventeen pass eleven. Thanks for your thoughts today, will come back in just a moment. Mick Colins is with us. We the phone lines are open one double three eighty two. Mark the farmer's been in touch me, he says, you have tell me if I have a job here on my farm near Lake at Grace. Must have good he starts to fall down very early. Must have good all around skills, good mechanical knowledge, oh MC license, sound knowledge, operation of auto steering and monitoring, can facilitate and educator, and all the above. Near late Grace. We'll be allowed to communicate with yourself fire phone so you don't lose his six pi gig. I did know you sent me some photographs this week you had you did some plumbing work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a leaking toilet, yes, right, And so I googled, got on worked out what possibly could be wrong with it. So I've gone to Bunnings because it was the middle cylinder bit. So I've gone to Bunnings and bought one of those, brought it down. What was the wrong one, So to go back to Bunnings get my money back on that, got another one that was the wrong one. I've pulled this thing apart, changed all these washes, put it all together, kept leaking again. So I ended up ringing a plumber and it was just one little seal and he fixed it in about ten minutes. I would have spent four hours and two hundred dollars pre plumber. He says, come in to see, that's just this, and that was it. It really humbled me, all right, So Mark the farmer, if you're listening, probably not, probably not, probably not me can I and I genuinely don't know this.
Speaker 2: Yes, you doing that to your ablutions? Is that illegal? He's supposed to get a plumber to do it. If so, why the Bunting sell that stuff? I don't think lights, isn't it. I think electricity. You're not meant to do your own electrical work. But I think minor plumbing like that. I'm sure there's probably some big plumbing you shouldn't do. But surely fixing it toll? How hard can that a major project? Aren't doing the piping to a stadium?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Something about that? But if it's just a leaking.
Speaker 2: Toilet twenty two minutes past eleven, if you've got a job for Mick know. We had a politician on today, Adam hork Good Bloat by all accounts, called me Shane. Oh really, first time ever ever interviewed him?
Speaker 1: Is you?
Speaker 2: Opposition spokesperson on Please Matters called me Shane. This is the most famous Shane, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Bowl chain? Nice? Nice? What do you call you? Shane? Of course? Can we talk about Anne?
Speaker 2: So Anne's having a baby thirty one weeks this Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so the baby's due on the first of August, which is the horse's birthday. So we think she should give the name it after a horse, kybe diva or we think if it was Deramusdramus Barclay, that kids playing NBA.
Speaker 2: Kingston Town Kingston Barklay. Honestly, she could set that kid up for life. It strangely, I mean, I've been advocating for simone after yourself. Yeah, because she thinks it might be might be And I know Ann's mum is probably listening today and Anne's family, hello to you.
Speaker 1: Doramis's shortenings. I've got a mate. I've got a mate. And every every son in the family going back to the eleven hundreds had the name Robert as either the first name or the second name. And this made of mine forgot. So he is the one that has stopped a family history that dated back to eleven hundred. What would you do if that was your mate? His own them? I wish I hadn't told you that. I can't believe you did tell you things in confidence? Believe you forgot eleven hundred? How many generations is that? And it gets to Simon I forgot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, Simon. Robert Beaumont, my dad's victor Robert Beaumont. And my dad said to him me, what have.
Speaker 1: You done there? Mate? Yeah? Daniel Jacob, what have you done there? Did you know? Did you know that all the previous? I think I did?
Speaker 2: But I think I just panicked, right I panicked?
Speaker 1: Or were you in your young rebellious stage?
Speaker 2: No, I just panicked. I got it wrong. Yeah, I mean he's twenty five and there's a great but twenty sixty, A great bloke that he should be Daniel Robert Beaumont. One of the grants for telling you everybody the great stuff ups dress codes.
Speaker 1: Mick dress codes. So I was so't know if you're walking along West Coast Drives it up from say Trigg the Hillary, Yes, that's straight West Coast Drive, West Coast Strike. And the apparel that young women wear when they walk, they wear those very small shorts active wear, active wear and the little it's like a crop top, crop top, like a bikini, sports sports bar kind of thing, and that's what they exercising, and sometimes they go shopping and all that sort of stuff. So I think that that stuff's probably appropriate to exercising. I was getting on the plane in Brisbane and there was a girl got on the plane in a pair of thongs and that outfit, the small shorts and the small top, and I thought, was that am I getting old? Or are there dress codes on planes? And is that an appropriate dress code for a plane? Are we allowed to do whatever we want now? Or are there standards?
Speaker 2: I think every now and then you see people getting kicked off planes for wearing revealing clothing. I think, do you what do you think.
Speaker 1: I just I just found it odd seeing this girl in there. She have a yoga mat with her. No, no, no, she was just getting on the flavor Pilate's reformer machine with her. That was just her dumbells. She was just getting on the plane kettle drums in that thong, those little.
Speaker 2: Top that was just her that he was just sitting there.
Speaker 1: How she went my T shirt.
Speaker 2: On or anything, jumper, No, no, just that.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, I don't know. I just I just it struck me as odd. I just stood out because she was the only one dressed like that in the whole airport. What are you wearing? A planter? My Lulu lemons. They're comfortable. They're like a pant but also a tracksuit pant, and it's about the sweat shirt. And I always take a top because I find virgin air conditionings freezing on virgin middle of summer. You can you need to jump on about you. I love those things. I've only got one pet, but she's there good. How much were they I don't even know how much they were, but I've had them probably five years now, and such a good pant. That was one of the best buys. Jane Lego, the lady of the nice hair, always says by once by, will I bought those? And I bought them. Well, yeah, they're really.
Speaker 2: Good about your little lemons, And I forgot about Jane Lego, the lady of the beautiful hair, still got good hair. Yeah, I reckon she would one double three eight of do today? Is Mick right? So he's backed off a little bit. He said, it's odd.
Speaker 1: I think it is idea like, I'm not going to say I'm an old bloke and that's you know, you shouldn't be wearing that. But I is that appropriate to wearing a plane? Is it just me? Or mind the majority of the minority. I don't know. I don't know. If you have done yoga? Yeah, how you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good in that. Well, no, mat.
Speaker 1: It's too hard. Yeah, some of the things when I make this stand in these posers and the lady goes, and the lady goes, Okay, breathe in, and for this dart's already gone. I've breathed thirty times, and she's tells me how to breathe out. I've already done that, lady. I find it too hard.
Speaker 2: It is hard. Yeah, I'm with you. But you and I go to the gym. We do the same thing every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well I've had to modify made plan because I've got a shoulder. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why I've had to stop yoga one number three eight two. Is there anybody listening and we've got a pretty good audience when Micky's on. Is there any bloke listening who owns some Lulu Lemon pants? Is there anybody else in Perth, Western Australia or on the app, around the country, around the world who owns a Pierre?
Speaker 1: My friend Mark Skiffington owns Lulu Lemon pants.
Speaker 2: He doesn't count why because you probably told.
Speaker 1: Him should No. I got him off him. He bought him first and he told me they're like a Traxit pant, but a pant.
Speaker 2: Is you're anyone listening apart from Mick Corlis Mar Skivington who's in the Australians Sodoku team, who wears Lululemon pants.
Speaker 1: You'll be surprised how many people do it and we will get.
Speaker 2: Calls how many how many people are going to ring?
Speaker 1: I reckon four four? Yeah, I reckon zero. No. There will be definitely people that wear them or know someone that wears them.
Speaker 2: They are very Zandy good blue pants, Lily lemon pants. You've never tried them, sure, Lindsay actually possibly ten Verz Robbie Beaver are definitely know one leuble, three A two. What's the white is the bank? While they're making judgments on you.
Speaker 1: I've got two friends, Sarah Kaht. I've got more than two, but in this particular story, Sarah can't. And Karen white Now, I've known Whitey for thirty years Sarah probably about the same period of time for my days. When I was at Woodside. It was Karen's birthday the other day, and Sarah bought a present and I was giving Sarah some money towards that present. So I've got on my bank to do the online transfer and as the reference, I've put Mike money for Whitey said, and my banks come up and said inappropriate language. So I thought I must have had an apostropheorg I crossed it out MC money for Whitey said inappropriate language. So I've changed it mke money for Karen and it went through. Oh so I'm not allowed.
Speaker 2: That's it Whitey with a capital W yep wow.
Speaker 1: So the A and said bank, there's someone in that bank, and their job has decided that if I write whitey as a reference, that I'm not allowed to do that. Yeah, I don't like that, Mike.
Speaker 2: I'm not coming.
Speaker 1: I don't like that at all. I don't like that. Like whose job's that? Who? And who's thought We've got to employ someone to mark these standards for people that are putting a reference for a payment. Someone's overlooking that.
Speaker 2: It might be a computer, might be an algorithm, but who's someone's decided that that has to hats true. The machine just hasn't said I'm looking to do it. Someone's made that decision to say I can't write the word whitey when I'm transferring money with a capital W with a capital double. Clearly it's a It's a proper Michael has phoned in on Lulu Lemon, Can they Michael?
Speaker 27: Yeah, I've got pants, tops and shorts and how good are they? They're good quality that you get what you face for. Ye I thought with clothing, I've never been a big spender, but that stuff, I've noticed the difference.
Speaker 1: Put it that way and the pants you like, is it a long pant?
Speaker 18: Pants?
Speaker 2: Shorts?
Speaker 14: And I've got about.
Speaker 5: Four or five tops do you wear them?
Speaker 27: Yeah, you notice the difference compared to added ass and all that.
Speaker 2: What color are they?
Speaker 5: Black?
Speaker 28: Blue?
Speaker 27: I think a lot of silvery sort of cut like that off sort of silvery color.
Speaker 5: Past the pants are black black.
Speaker 1: No pastel colors, Michael.
Speaker 8: No, no pastel.
Speaker 2: And you wear them all together matching?
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I think I've got the cat too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're good.
Speaker 2: It's good quality one all right, so comfortable. So there's three people meet colors, Smarts, Givington and Michael. That's three three. So one of they still sell them, isn't it. I like where this is going. One level three aady two. I'd love to hear from you today. You also have seen something in airport seeing something in an airport with someone applying makeup a very young person.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of things in the airport, and there was a kid and again I don't know if this is appropriate or not, but this kid would have been five or six, and the kids a girl for a girl, little girl, and she had eyeshadow?
Speaker 25: One.
Speaker 1: Is that too young? I looked. I thought that kid looks a bit young for ieshadow? Is that too? I would have thought?
Speaker 20: So?
Speaker 1: How like, how old you've got.
Speaker 2: I've got three daughters, and I don't know that we ever did that with any of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just looked, it just looked weird.
Speaker 2: I just thought they weren't doing a callous settings competition something.
Speaker 1: No, just getting on the plane, gymnastics, show tunes up, musical theater, nice little dress and eyeshadow and a six year old kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I'd love to hear from our listeners on that one. Duvele three eight atty two.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky in my time, but I just like that.
Speaker 2: I just like that when you do leave the home and go somewhere other than six PR or coach creative or the shoe bar, it actually goes places where there's other people, like an airport.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: What did you do in Brisbane?
Speaker 1: I do a talk? I did a talk, did a talk yesterday.
Speaker 2: Times New Roman PowerPoint Ariel Ariel a much a more universal fonts Ariel or Ariel.
Speaker 1: I call it ariel? What do you call? I would have said Ariel?
Speaker 22: Really, Yeah, I was looking strangely at you when.
Speaker 1: You said Ariel. I thought it's Ariel.
Speaker 2: Which which one's the mermaid? Which one's the font.
Speaker 1: I don't know, isn't Arik because there was a girl in mean medium. The daughter's name was Ariel? Was it or Ariel?
Speaker 2: The beautiful mind of Mick Collis rolls on. We'll come back in a just a moment. We'll catch up on the stock market as well. But ring meet one double three eighty two. The phone lines were.
Speaker 22: Open dealing with the breakdown in birds this morning. Graham Farmer eastbound of Victoria Park could drive that vehicle in the left emergency lane. Make sure you proceed with caution, otherwise moving well. And Mitchell Guenana no other issues. The Graham Farmer of the north Bridge Tunnel moving well in both directions. I'm Rob baver On Peruths traffic leader six PR.
Speaker 2: She sais a good song? Urgent, urgent, so good?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? So good?
Speaker 2: I like songs like that that've got guitars and bass and drums in them. Did you like Spy versus Spy? We had the bloke on this they lead singermember them. I do don't tear it down credit cards? Yeah that's right, Yeah, tear it down yesterday Craig. And you've got a song called use your Heating it's about some bloke who's a loser, was late for work, missus the bus gets caught for drink driving And I said, was that one of your mates? Hees, no, it's me. Really, you should write a song about yourself or a poem. I know you, I know you. You've written about a wide variety of subjects.
Speaker 1: Imagine that. What about myself? When I make myself come out to be really good or not well?
Speaker 2: I think when you're on radio, you're you're very honest about yourself and self disclosing about your you know, sitting down on your two number ones on the ablutions you're tacking a single it in your pant unders my.
Speaker 1: Lack of ability in anything mechanical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think it'd be a good So it's sad Chris Murphy and I can write the music for it. Alisa says, min Wu Lee. Min Wu Lee is sponsored by Lulu Lemon. There you go, And I've got a pair of his golf pants, best pants I've ever owned, says Ali Alistair. Thank you one double three a E two and I'm just on that. Mike says, thanks to the interview the Craig Bloxham. That's the spy guy, I'll be going to both per shows. A great night last year when the R Spies were here last time. Cheers for supporting their visit. Thank you mate, How that's good?
Speaker 1: But been around for a long time then, yeah eighty one incredible is now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he can now ask me how Sharon's cooking is going?
Speaker 1: Terribly same same, same, same.
Speaker 2: Holmes, he says, mid year sale online Lululemon dot com dot I us go right now, says homesy how much?
Speaker 1: So that's I reckon. That's four supporters of Lulu Lemon Holmes, He's won, Ali, Me and Michael it ring In and Skipper. That's five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's five. I was wrong.
Speaker 1: You're right? Yep.
Speaker 2: Should I get some status quote?
Speaker 1: You should? You'd look good in Lulu Lemon?
Speaker 2: Is that way wearing?
Speaker 1: Cause you look good.
Speaker 2: They feel good.
Speaker 1: They feel good. They're like they feel like a traxive pant, but they look like a dress pant, so you can be comfortable but look tidy. I should be their spokesman. That could be my job. What are they? What are they lemons? Really Lulemon shorts? Yes? I wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Oh they are too how much sean expensive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, spinner seventy dollars on special.
Speaker 1: Wow, who bought those?
Speaker 5: I bought?
Speaker 1: Are they yours?
Speaker 5: They? Yes? So they good? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 9: I bought them for my brother as a Christmas present because he is obsessed, absolutely obsessed.
Speaker 1: Where's the tracks with Lemon? That's six?
Speaker 5: So he's so well, I'm not, but I got these. He didn't.
Speaker 9: He didn't like these, so I bought them these for him for Christmas. He said, I don't want to wear them because they're too tight for me, and then I couldn't return them.
Speaker 5: So now I just I don't know. I whar them every now and again.
Speaker 2: It's your twin fatter than you.
Speaker 5: No, I think he didn't.
Speaker 9: Like thet He just made that they're too tight, and so they're not tight on me and I'm bigger than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had any takers on the horse names for maybe Northerly normally Barclay.
Speaker 1: They're good names.
Speaker 6: The.
Speaker 1: Aerial or Ariel on the font Ariel, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's aid Ariel, didn't I I think it's Ariel?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Do you want the shorts left in here as a memento of that conversation?
Speaker 1: How much were they? How much supair of board shorts. Now it's about the same. Yeah, but the cost of living Christ, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: But sport shorts are less than board shorts, aren't they?
Speaker 1: I don't know, are they because.
Speaker 9: Board shorts have to be heartier because they go into the ocean where their salt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still a pair of board shorts. Yeah, I think they're trying to justify why they make you spend so much on a pair of board short. Listeners, you're listening to a couple of geniuses, color geniuses having a chat about fashion.
Speaker 2: One under War three eighty two. Thank Sean with his expensive Lulu Lemon shorts. It's good he's a twin. Yeah, I didn't know that identical twin.
Speaker 1: Is he really well? Yeah? I didn't know.
Speaker 2: They both good at football, both handsome, both got basses. Well, identical twin get a cliff, Yeah, just.
Speaker 29: To say, I don't own a pair of Lulu trackie decks. But I had bought a very reparable shirt, which is a policy and wool wine, from a very repertible buyer for eight dollars and I've had it for two winters so far and it's been the best ever.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good eight dollars. It's a good sponge shed shirt.
Speaker 24: That's the baby.
Speaker 1: What's on that Cliff Potatoes, It's.
Speaker 29: Just a place you like, a checkered shirt with a wool wine and it keeps a warm quid sitting around fire as the window.
Speaker 2: Does it have a logo on it?
Speaker 29: No, definitely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know Spuds sold clones.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do, Yeah as well they do Thans Cliff. They sell Ponty mix garden stuff, do they? Yeah, see sail Okay, well that stuff powerfeed expanding they are. And I don't know if he's listening or not, but good blow right fundamentally, Tony glad. He's a good fella butler, you know, done really well. Everyone loves him. He I reckon, he made a blue He bought his own line of potato chips out and didn't put his didn't put his face on his Yeah, okay you you would have, as a crowded director.
Speaker 1: Would especially for him because he is he is such a character of that cult company. Yeah he is that company. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my word is a j coment. Sorry, col him a batler, You're probably not now probably not now here. There's lots of them. Isn't there how many spudshires you reckon? There are?
Speaker 1: Well, Jesus, I don't know. I like the way just sticks the government over now and then they say you can't sell them. He just gives all these potatoes away. He's great, said, have.
Speaker 2: A guess, ah, what for?
Speaker 1: No ten?
Speaker 2: I reckon? I reckon, I reckon?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I do not know? In w A, I reckon? Have fifteen spudshirs? Wow, Sandy, would you reckon fifteen? Twelve fifty? What's what is there more of revo fitnesses or spudsheds.
Speaker 1: I've got to go the upper limit. I am going to go thirty thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So closest to yeah, yeah, closest to the pin. Nearest the pin wins a pair of a pair of Lululemon pants for courtesy the the Shawn Lindsay Wardrobe, A.
Speaker 30: Jeff Hi Simon Hi Jeff, the other brand name that seems to.
Speaker 19: Be very popular.
Speaker 30: Tommy Hilth health Guard where he calls himself, Yeah, yeah, I've got a few of those. I bought a whole heap in Balier, so it looks.
Speaker 19: Like I don't have to pay three hundred dollars for a jacket.
Speaker 30: You know, I just pay twenty twenty bucks, you know, and you walk around and I know it's imitation, but what doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It's the look. It is the look. What do you reckon? His name is.
Speaker 30: Tommy Health Guard of Silk, some German name I think German?
Speaker 1: Isn't Gardener?
Speaker 14: Is he German?
Speaker 1: Is he German?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 30: I'd say so, yeah, I'd say he's got a lot of money and his sponsor's a Formula one.
Speaker 2: He does, Yeah, Tommy Hill Gardener. Yeah, yeah, I bought him in Balier.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's expensive underpants? O? God?
Speaker 2: Bonds?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if you buy a three pack of underpants. I don't get these ones. My kids getting those boxery short they're like three hundred bucks or something like Yeah they are. Yeah, yeah, like that's extraordinary. You'd be bonds bonds? You need to pack a five sixteen bucks? Yeah, yeah, yep, that's why. That's that's what. I'm not married.
Speaker 2: I've only got one wife, so.
Speaker 1: I'm not married. And you can't get a job because we wear bonds underpan? Do you keep wearing them like that? They all fad? You get that white bit of elastic starts to appear, but you just keep.
Speaker 2: Wearing them anyway. You're on one is that once we got a good meet Tommy Hoofgat.
Speaker 1: David David.
Speaker 23: Little in the world.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dave, I reckon, that was funny, but you just said but I couldn't hear it because of you.
Speaker 1: Just moved around a bit mate.
Speaker 2: Go again. O.
Speaker 23: God, you've been getting singles too, wouldn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh yeah, I think so. You been tong though, Louly Lemon Dave.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I hear my daughter talking about it with their friends.
Speaker 24: I thought lemons she was closed.
Speaker 1: So until the captain. Until the captain was wearing him, and he told me about them. But they've got a whole men's sections in there. I would never have gone into I saw him, so they've got a big men's section.
Speaker 24: They might have made. I don't know if I'm telling too many people. You've got Lulu lemons on.
Speaker 1: You can't knock until you try it. I would have been the same, but I've broadened my horizons and they're very very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Nick voted yes in the reference.
Speaker 1: Stephen, Hello, Stephen, good morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 31: I just wanted to talk about AI for a second.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 31: You know Mick was talking about obviously putting the reference in with the A in said banks. Yes, I know people in the banking sector and the recruitment sector and they use everything for AI right down. So if you go for a home loan down, if AI pick up anything at all from your parts or anything else could be twenty years ago, they can define you. The same with recruitment. If you go for a job, you could be the most experienced person. You might not have ever had a time where you haven't had a period of working, and AI might still define you and not even put your forwards to the job. That's how bad it's getting down. So I just say't like as film.
Speaker 1: So what's it looking for If it's not giving you a job? If it's picking you as not suitable for that role, well, what's it fining in your past?
Speaker 31: I haven't been told about that, No one knows. But it just picks up things and then it just won't even put your forwards to the job.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So we were my last job, we had a we had AI will do an initial search and rank people according to criteria, but we only use it as a guy because often it'd be someone. You know, you get one hundred applications, that'll be someone sitting at sixty or seventy who's worth a look. So it's it is used a lot, so I AI ranks people. So before it goes to a human, AI looks at all the reasons that have.
Speaker 1: Been sent in.
Speaker 2: Yep, he does. Yeah, wow, Yeah, there's a lot of programs to do it, isn't there, Steve and I yeah, yeah, thanks mate. I reckon. You know, I'm dubious about AI because of the job we do. You want to hear human beings talking about stuff, don't you so? And we you know, we write all our own stuff, mostly.
Speaker 1: Because I know there's these matrixes because that's that. Yes, one of the other jobs that I got told I got all c's for everything that I thought I could do. I got Marketers a C. So I reckon that I didn't write it the way AI wanted to read it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, can I say for I have a go on this, but mitworked for Ford some contract work for for us now a bed a really good job. Thanks some yeah, really good, really good writer.
Speaker 1: I only did it once. Yeah, I was never asked back.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well then we filled the spot. We feel the job right and you didn't apply it. Well, you could have told me that it was open.
Speaker 1: Well have you heard a seek?
Speaker 2: It's a new thing helps you find.
Speaker 1: A job mate. I thought I've had a mate there that I've done some work.
Speaker 2: I'll spell it for you to double m y yeah Hill and the garden gardens for Tasmin. Jeff, you are very funny. How much did the plumber change you make for the toilet work?
Speaker 1: He's going to invoice me, so I don't know. It could be anything. I think it'll be because I narrowed it down. I've had morning. On the morning of I actually rang Reese because I worked it out that I reckon. It was one particular what I changed everything else. There was one thing and I rang them, but they had it then stopped and I thought, I got a drive there, pick it up, bring it home, puleving a part again and do it. And I thought that's going to take me least hour and a half and it still might not work. So that's when I threw in the towel and got the plumber. So I have not been given the invoice yet, but I'm sure it won't be pretty.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, when it toilet wasn't working with doing your ablutions in.
Speaker 1: The garden, I was just turning the water off at night out the front because there's only leaking. Wasn't because there's a little tap next to the toilet, but that wouldn't turn the whole way off, so I'd turn it off but the mains. So I shut everybody down because I couldn't stand that dripping noise.
Speaker 2: I think you could add on project management to your CV are impressive. We'll come back with that. You know how many spud chairs there are? I guessed fifteen sandy guests thirty. Mit went with four. Oh ten, I got got up to ten, did you? Yeah, okay, it's started with four. I think I'm nearest the pin status.
Speaker 1: Mick.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about the smell coming out of the area Narron Belup, which is which is east of Quanana Rockingham out there, and the smell when the Eastly's in. Does that down to Mydora? But I've never been down that way Singleton? Yeah no, I went to go with you one day but it was too hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Where's that called? What was the town mailabup?
Speaker 2: What's it called? Am naram Beelup nam Beelup Nambeela. You live near a sewerage treatment plant, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I didn't know, but I say this is the one at Shetton Park because I used to train with Union Rugby club down at McGilvray Oval fourth Grade, UWA Sports Park.
Speaker 2: And who was your patron? Who was your number one ticket holder?
Speaker 1: Oh? We had We had Bree Maddocks for a number of years. She was terrific. She was trific, but on some nights until the wives got rid of it. If the no, the wives all like that. She was great. She was very welcoming. Everyrom went on summer nights where the wind would be coming the wrong way. Yeah, it used to stink down there, but that was that was twenty years ago, so I haven't spelled it since then. I remember in that late nineties, early two thousands. Yeah, it was horrendous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you live reasonably closer there, so that we scored it the poop farm. We used to do some exercise and I used to work at super Dramas. It was call back then yep, and that did smell I reckon. They've changed their treatment of the there, so it now smells more like detergent as opposed. So where is the where's the factory east of Brockway, eastern Brockway, because there's thepposite mcgilroth.
Speaker 1: There's like the tip like the recycling plant, so not that near that.
Speaker 2: No, it's neat. It's behind those trees. There's all these there's a fence and there's all these trees like a buffer, and that's him behind there, so you wouldn't smell it anymore. And then beat ups Cigaret harvest Ingleton and Lakelands with Door Bay Golden Bay, can they Neil.
Speaker 27: Simon just going back to what Nick was talking about walking along West Coast Drive and getting on the planes with active wear and stuff like. I don't know if you've been the coals at Scarborough during summertime, but you get a lot of the younger kids and in fact some of the older kids as well, who decided to walk up from the beach in the coals to grab lunch and stuff, and they just wear well they're vaders or undies or what do you want to call them at the time, because once they cross the road your togs and they just go bongs and g strings and stuff like that on. It's just like well, I don't know if it's appropriate for coals, but yeah they should out of the shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that scar before you a little bit, isn't it. That's the Scarborough vibe. And there's a yoga studio near there as well, isn't there. So yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 27: Around the corner up behind this sort of things. So they're all in there with you.
Speaker 1: Active I could string into a shop in Coles because you've come off the piece. Well, but I don't think that's right, No, I think ye, I believe you're saying that.
Speaker 2: Did you know Nick Craig Bloxhom did you kneel?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 27: When I was young, we used to go surfing up at Port Stevens and started made of Mind, had a weekend or at place called Fingle Bay and sell Bay and they live next door, the whole family anew his older brother Troy pretty well, yeah, and Craig was a little fumbly little well what do you call those little kids that sort of aren't really young. Yeah, they just don't do very much, very quiet.
Speaker 1: And runty, bit of a runt.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 27: One of those kids. And then later on I came to w A in nineteen seventy seven and a few years after that would have been the early eighties. I see this band called five Versus Spy advertist at the White Hands and they sticking carpet mate. Yeah, the and it was Craig. So we went and had a few drinks of them and caught up and he just he converted to this rock star.
Speaker 1: Did look at bath Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had looked last night at some of the Spy Versus by yos that they were a good band. He was a he was a really right front man.
Speaker 27: I bought his album. Yeah, I bought his album. It was fantastic.
Speaker 29: So did you say.
Speaker 27: They're on the where about Indian Ocean Hotel?
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, that's the White Sands. So that's Sunday. I'll stay listening. Make I'll bring you the gigs that they're doing three this weekend, Neil. I'll let you know rebrought and it's a it's a reggae style but it's still really heavy. It's a heavy base.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 27: I heard the interview, yes, but it was pretty good. So I'd love to catch up with him again, ask him he can put his put my name on the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Neil, John, have you got a name suggestion for Anne's baby.
Speaker 10: Got a couple.
Speaker 18: Actually it's a girl.
Speaker 29: I think winks.
Speaker 10: You forgot about Winksnline.
Speaker 2: Sunline, sun Line, Yeah, the famous somewhere.
Speaker 1: Winks because I think wins spark lags like an actor for me. Winks, Hi, wins sparklay.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is yeah, yeah, and is your mum listening to you? Probably is so many options, she rangs because she said, baby Simon, haven't had teat. We'll come back in just a sec. Three and out to twelve lots of sport on Lulu Lemon. Brett's the next front row rugby league players. He's with you. Andrew's the same, He's got business pants, several Peers T shirts as well. Thanks Andrew.
Speaker 1: So you're right.
Speaker 2: I was Righttory, Yeah, victory to you now, Mick, you reckon ten spudshits I thought, Sandy says thirty.
Speaker 1: I said fifteen. You've watched the result on the screen. There eight soon to be eighteen stores. The Bunbury one opens tomorrow, well eighteen.
Speaker 2: And what how many revos are there? Fitness clubs?
Speaker 1: It looks like thirty thirty clubs fifty two across Australia. Okay, so sputch it only wa I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah meick, thank you very much, thank you, sim Joy Origin tonight.
Speaker 1: Who are you picking the blues?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm winning my blue jersey today. Heart heart, same blues, head, same loose. Yeah, it's all blues, yeah, all blues. Yeah all right, thanks mate, And even if you're not a ragbyl League fan, it's worth watching State of ougtand very much so live on six PR tonight. It's midday what I mate? Yeah? Thanks losing in today.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your company coming up after twelve thirty today we'll have Nichols Niche with John Nichols will bring you up to date on the stock market as well. But the phone lines are well and truly open. We're taking a poll today, as a Gareth Park used to say, Park, you used to say, we're taking the temperature on this. Will Murray, what the Federal Environment Minister will he support and approve the Northwest Shelf engine for Woodside. Not what you'd like him to do, but what you think he will do. It should be Saturday or before. The yes is are fifty one and the nose are for let's do this. Darren sen Or joins us to talk guarding at home a horticulture How Ada.
Speaker 1: Is good to see you.
Speaker 2: I'm very good, Simon, And I didn't realize this, but that's the first time you've met Mick Collis officially it is. Yeah, I've never met Mick Collins before. Has heard plenty about him.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does he look like what he sounds like?
Speaker 1: Ah? No, it does doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, I would have said, no, what are you expecting? It's quite quite ranging.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I didn't have any rule expectations.
Speaker 2: We were you actually listening?
Speaker 32: Yeah, yess I listened to it. Yeah, I know sometimes I drift off and get distracted shiny things.
Speaker 1: And touch off that on the way in. You for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's very good. Jennifer says, we have fabulous Who could have Mick on for a couple of hours for a couple of times.
Speaker 32: He's so entertaining. What about me, Jennifer, Yeah, you're probably more entertaining because mix here. It's probably double bonus for Jennifer. Would you have guessed that Spudshed had seventeen stores in Wa?
Speaker 1: I would have probably.
Speaker 32: Gone closer to ten twelve, but only I think I've been in one once. Up Your way in the Yeah, there's one and comes got on one of leaf things. Yeah, there is one year it is the leaf things. Yeah, it's just around the corner. Basically, they probably buy their potatoes from there for their potato curry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably do one double three eight, Ady SiO, I'd like to speak to Darren today.
Speaker 1: Anything you're like this time of year with the weather's come in.
Speaker 2: You and I talked about this last week and getting your your pots and your plants and your gardens ready for the weather. So hopefully people have done that. More rain on horizon too.
Speaker 32: It's supposed to a little bit tomorrow, a lot more Friday, and then Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Tuesday's forecast is for between three or thirty, so it could be three or it could be ten times that amount. Yeah, it's they're not really hitting the bulls eye with the dart. It's like somewhere in the vicinity of a tiny bit or a lot.
Speaker 2: A related product question, and I do have a pestoral product in my home which works pretty well on the benches. When the rain comes in, do you get rats and mice?
Speaker 32: You'll probably see the rats and mice move out of some of their areas because they might get flooded out, so you'll get them relocating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of a round persons.
Speaker 2: I can never remember there being so many issues with rats and gardens as the last probably six or seven years.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 32: Yeah your joint, Yeah occasionally, yeah, yeah, they don't last long in my place.
Speaker 2: We spoke about the poly fakers shothole borer on the program yesterday, Darren and we talked to a bloke who's had to cut down three big trees he lives in color Under, including a moulberry tree, a big mulberry tree probably, I think he said it was. I think he said it was ten meters high, and it was okay with you. I said that you would give him a new tree from the Burlong Tree Farm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not a.
Speaker 1: Problem, is that all right?
Speaker 32: Yeah, I'll give it to him and I'll invoice you. I'll invite six pr and just see if we get.
Speaker 1: The first.
Speaker 2: And I've guess it's a very very good answer. If you like to, if you like to contact us, you can and just in some breaking news, is that right? Anna and Sean listeners, you're on the money, You're on the money. Sorry, to interrupt the segment DAZ, but this is important with it on this for months now. Australia's new Environment Minister Murray Watt has given Woodside the green light to keep running the assets out to twenty seventy. Australia's new Environment Minister Murray Watt has given Woodside the green light to keep running the assets up there on the bar up of the Northwest Shell out to twenty seventy and that has been reported by the Sydney Morning Herald. Will continue to try and make those calls. Thank you, Sean, thank you, and my email as always right up to date on things. Linley's phone in to talk guarding heighteningly.
Speaker 33: Hi, Hey you going good? Thanks Garon. I've got this so called tree, but it's a weed. It's growing probably up to twelve forty more and it just keeps going, very hard to dig out, no flowers. It's terrible. Rang the egg department end up getting the guy. He's already be tired. I got him at home.
Speaker 1: So so you want to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: You want to get rid of the red weed.
Speaker 33: I want to find out what it is to get rid of it?
Speaker 32: Yeah, yeah, is it on your front? Verge in the house. Yeah, if it's on the verge, you could call the council. Yeah, you probably need to just get some one of your local guarding people come out and have a look at it and try and identify it for you. And if it is a weed species, which it certainly sounds like it is. There's a lot of a lot of plants to just pop up in people's gardens that if you turn your back on them, they grow really fast and get out of control.
Speaker 1: So the sooner the better.
Speaker 32: But I just get one of your local garden gardening crews around, have a look at it, tell you what it is, and give your.
Speaker 1: Price to cut it out.
Speaker 33: Yep. Oh, thanks Darren.
Speaker 2: Thanks, good on, you have a good day. Good to hear from you today. Thank you, Linny, it's very nice.
Speaker 5: Good a Basil, Thanks Simon.
Speaker 10: Questions, are roses devastated by chili thrip and we decided to pull them out?
Speaker 29: They're in flower boxes. But I was told that there's no point putting back roses again because of the same spot.
Speaker 24: Is that correct?
Speaker 25: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, Basil.
Speaker 32: If you if you're getting chili trip on your roses in a garden bed at the moment and you take those ones out, get rid of them, even if you let the ground sort of sit there for twelve months, the chances of you getting new put planting new roses and them also getting infected with chili thrip is very very high because there's obviously populations of chili thrip in the area, so it's not just your garden with chili thrip all around around your suburb, and that's why you're getting them. And ye, any chances are you going to just get them just again, just as badly.
Speaker 11: So there's no point in putting back putting new ones.
Speaker 32: In what you say, no not if you haven't been able to control them in your garden already and you're to a point where you're ripping the existing roses out, us I wouldn't be keen on just putting new roses back.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Thanks Basil, cheers mate your current suggest a treatment if Basil or others do want to press.
Speaker 32: On, Yeah, we're still going with the success ultra in about five to six days after that kneem oil and then another sex success ultra.
Speaker 2: There is a lot of gardens top of it under the leaves yet yeah, all over it yeah, make.
Speaker 1: Sure you thoroughly soak the leaves.
Speaker 32: I do know a few gardens though, that's where they're getting really great results, just going out with the hose and spraying the whole roses down sort of three or four times a week during the middle of the day. And because the chili threw it like a lot of insect pests like drier conditions, the theory is that it's knocking the thrips, actually physically knocking them off the roses into the mulch and they can't get back out and get back up onto the plant. So that's also worth a try if your home during the day and you can do it, give it a go.
Speaker 2: I reckon you balk doing that, because as soon as you spray your rosebush, all the flowers go flying, don't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they will do.
Speaker 2: If you've got a nice dere's a bit of water pressure behind you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you get in there, Why Mary, just soaking them. Is it not not physically knocking them off the plant? Yeah, it is the physically knocking them off the parts.
Speaker 1: That's a combination of both things.
Speaker 32: So they drop off into the mulch and then they can't get out of the mulch and back up onto the plant.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, thanks Darren. If you'd like to speak to Darren your cad and Todd's semesters to say to say he has spotted too that Murray what has extended the woodside thing?
Speaker 1: Thanks Todd.
Speaker 2: Bernie said it's been approved as well. Thanks listeners. Thanks for respotting that for us and being being part of the show. We really appreciate it. We'll try and talk to someone from the WA government to see if they received the letter an email from from Murray what at this stage fifteen minutes past twelve or as normal people.
Speaker 1: Say, what do they say?
Speaker 2: Quarter past quarter past twelve? Just on spudsheds? Tony from Baldivers, could ay, Tony? Always good to hear from you that there'll be eighteen spudsheds? I think might be nineteen because Bumbury is getting one. I think how good he's getting one as well, so it could be nineteen.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Are they all twenty four hour days? Don't think?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 32: Is the one in kelm scott Is and there's always people in the car Partner, What time you go past it in the morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The two near me interlou and the one, the one off Erinde Road, the one on the other side there sort of bulgarish. Yeah, they're twenty four hours. That's noting that, like who's who's going out buying a bag of potato at.
Speaker 1: Two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, must work, yeah, must work people. Do you know they're very profitable and sustainable. Joe good A ring Darren one double three at eighty two, Mojie, you've only ever been one year?
Speaker 1: Whole life?
Speaker 32: Yep, I think it's the first one. I had a business meeting down at the Baldives drivers one. Yeah didn't it wasn't me. Yeah, you suggest that it's just you burn down. I think the original spots did have a fire, and that one was part of a farm.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Farm. Yeah, yeah, that's the only one I've ever been to.
Speaker 2: Speaking of rats, I used to run through there a bit, I think. But that's okay, good o, Tony. If you listen how often this from Joe good A, Joe, how often should olive trees produce? But a small olive tree from a nursery had fruit the second year, no fruit since it's about five years old, thanks Joe.
Speaker 32: Well, it should produce every year, like they may have a bit of variation in the volume of crops. They might have a really heavy crop one year and a much lighter crop the following year, but they should still produce some olders every single year. Once they start fruiting, they should be in a fruiting mode where they're fruiting every year. If it's not fruiting, probably need to have a look see if it's actually growing, is the root system expanding, is it's ail supporting it. They don't need heaps of TLC, but particularly in their establishment stage, they do need a little bit to get them grow and get that root system established to support flowering and fruit. So that's probably the one thing i'd look at if I was Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, Joe, well, answered Darren. Thank you. Mark from West Perth. What is the best time to prune a fig tree?
Speaker 32: We best time prune prune a fig tree is when they're completely bare of foliage of back end of winter, so July August it's the best time. They'll all the leaves dropped off, Plus the sap flow slows down significantly, so when you're pruning them, you're getting less of that white caustic stat dropping out of them, and you can prove them as.
Speaker 1: Hard as you like.
Speaker 32: Mark the figs we grow for our gardens for fruit, fruit on new growth, So the harder you cut them back, you'll keep the size down and you also be able to access that new growth when it's covered in fruit. And if you have issues with birds all that sort of things, you can net them more easily as well.
Speaker 2: I've heard you say to me, but also to JB on the weekends to Jamie, Hello, Jamie, if you're listening, now's the time to get onto the weeds so they don't become out of control as we head towards spring. If say you were check giving some advice to someone who's got a bit of psiotica. Yeah, finds it hard to move around. It's such as a good sound, such a good self. Can you use can you use chemicals? It was mechanical still the best.
Speaker 32: It depends on the type of weeds and how many, how much you've got. So, if you've got weeds that set our perennial weeds so there they pop up year after year, chemical sprays best way to control those because pulling them out just encourages them. Basically, Yeah, wherever they snap off from the ground. They'll reshoot from those roots. If they are annual weeds. Yeah, you can easily just go around with the whole and knock them over and that'll deal with them. Or you can get a lot of very low impact spray so organic certified herbicides that basically rely on things like palagonic acid to just burn the leaf down to ground level. If you've got the room and you don't have too many flammable things around, always get a flame gun. Yeah, if you don't mind a flame gun, you get a flame gun, but tame flame gun and just go around, especially in driveways. You burn off those annual weeds between the papers.
Speaker 1: You do that at your home.
Speaker 32: My wither, don't let me get a flame gun. I nearly burnt our property down one time. So he's very strict on what I'm allowed to set on fire.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: She's very strict at what I'm allowed to set on fire.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 1: She's a lucky girl, very lucky.
Speaker 2: We are expeaking a statement from Woodside folks in the next half an hour and they'll bring that to you. I'd you know if it's official, if the state government have heard from Woodside that the contract has been extended. Will try and talk. We have got calls in to Woodside as well. Maybe we can talk to them today or maybe tomorrow. On your behalf, I'm not sure what can't speak on allus behalf, but I guess he'll be looking at it as well. Clinton says spudshed twenty four hours a day, even Christmas Day, and Tony said, hey, Tony, Mandra and Wang Garris s budsheeds are the only ones that are not twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'd love to hear from you. This one here from Rob lived in Meadow Springs thirty five years ago. Could smell a pig joint back then the series Treatment Far not far away on Gordon Road, and Rob makes mentioned that there's a place in the city in West Perth. I don't think he's Juma House with his odd smell comes out of there one double three A Daddy two. We mentioned the weather conditions, you know, last week we talked about maybe putting a bit of feed around the joint with this this weekend. Any advice well to the forecast is a fairly heavy rain, so like I'd be looking at maybe getting some pots out that are a bit dry. We've got some big pots, so you can move out from under the patio or porch and put a bit of wedding agent on them, let them soak up a bit of that rain, but it also washes all that dust off the leaves as well. Leave them out for a weekend, drag them in the next weekend or something like that.
Speaker 1: That can work really well.
Speaker 32: And I think it's spoken about looking out for airs and your lawns that where the water's not soaking in really well air rap get a wedding agent. It's because otherwise those section of your lawn by the end of winter will end up rotting out altogether and you'll be really a long way back in the challenge of having a nice.
Speaker 2: Lawn at the start of spring. Colfield, Colfield, that's it. I've been trying to remember the name of Darren's oldest kid since he got here today, and he gave us the clues of race. Yeah, Corf, you call him Coffee Cof. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Ken's phone in coud I.
Speaker 14: Ken, good ay boy, and good day Darren. My back lawn is crak and it's never been a great lawn, but there are big pictures of it that have completely dyed like you're walking on dead roots. Now I understand dead roots, and I reckon I've got mole crickets in it. Is that a possibility?
Speaker 32: Yeah, you could have mole crickets kenna, But mol creates only really tend to be an issue with lawns if the lawn's otherwise unhealthy. You know, if there's other issues going on, so the soil is not supporting the health of the lawn, the lawn becomes stressed and unhealthy, and that's when you find pest tend to move in and cause the most damage. So I'd be looking firstly at how are your irrigation system works if you're getting even watering right across the lawn, and just checking to see what the soils like below the serfs have a dig around see if it's if it's really really dry, that really encourages things like mole crickets to come into the lawn. So you might need to look at improving the irrigation system, using a really good wedding agent, using some composts that has a thin top dress over the lawn to get some organic health back into the soil below, and using things like a liquid humic acid that you can buy places like nutrient water and some of the garden centers and applying that to get the soil below the lawn really healthy, and then you don't really have an issue with mole crickets.
Speaker 1: Like, if you've got mole crickets, they're very easy to kill.
Speaker 32: But the insect a side is a broad spectrum insect a side, so that's going to kill all.
Speaker 2: The insects in your guard, not just some mild crickets.
Speaker 32: So I'd be looking at those sort of things first before really worrying about trying to knock off the mole crickets.
Speaker 21: Yeah, the soil is rubbish, it's terrible. Yeah, I live in then there are parts of Byfoot where the soil is really really bad, and in one of them, so it's.
Speaker 1: Probably trying to renovate the soil.
Speaker 21: Yeah. I haven't been able to put the granular fertilizer on because it sticks to the dog's feet and the traps it through the house. Yeah, so liquid fertilizer okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, liquid fertilizer.
Speaker 32: Has some good quality wedding agent, liquid wedding agent like aquiforce, and apply that if you get that down, the aqule force down before the rain comes, I'll really soak it into your soil, drag it down to the sore profile, which will help the water follow that through and.
Speaker 1: Get down deep into your sore. Thanks for that, Thanks Ken, Thanks Ken.
Speaker 2: Good name, Corfield. It is a great name, really good name. When we want to embarrass in front of his makes be calling him coffee. Really good name, good good choice by you, guys, Now, Harry, it was you.
Speaker 17: It was me.
Speaker 2: It was all me, all right, and they Yeah, I am disappointing your lady. Use naked flame only weeds around your house. Zeno reckons is a thing. Is a thing you get from Bunning. Xeno's works in the in the area, he says, wonder weeder from Bunning.
Speaker 1: He's ever heard of one of those? No, I think I know what it will be though.
Speaker 32: There's a few like these weeds that you push them in, maybe turn a handle and it sort of twists in the ground and pulls the weed out, roots and all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that will also worked for a big weeds, not the crabgrass kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And turn your retick off this week. Yeah yeah, by the first joon.
Speaker 2: It's the great switch off irrigation switch off promoted as so Harry's from Hilton and he's asking you about I think we talked about this a couple of weeks ago. Daz falling out of love with roses. Yep, hard work, you know, don't always produce chili thrips in issue. And that's I'm in probably the same boat as Harry. Harry from Hilton gave up on roses a couple of weeks ago, bug them out. Any thoughts on what he could replace them with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit of.
Speaker 32: A challenge, mainly because the reasons roses are so popular because they do so many good things. They're in color in flower in Perth probably the best part of ten months of the year, so you've got that constant color from the flowers, and they're really hardy other than.
Speaker 1: Dealing with chili thrips, you know, they do grow so well. Here.
Speaker 32: Probably the closest I can think of to a rose as far as you're not going to get the perfume, but for color and just year round looking great is a dwarf Bogavillia, one of the bambino bogavilliers.
Speaker 1: So they are available in a range of colors.
Speaker 32: Simless roses not the big spectrum that roses are, but there's still plenty of to choose from, and they have color on them best part of ten months. The Yeah, early spring, you give them a hard prune as well to keep them in check, and then they'll shoot back and be in color again by the middle of September, and then you can compliment those with something like day lilies and marguerite daisies to really fill the area out with more color.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of the rose community. I love roses. Yeah, yeah, I think they're gray plants.
Speaker 32: And we've got quite a few roses around around that dotted around in pots at our place in pots. Yeah, we don't have chili thrip up in the rolling Stone area as yet, which I'm pleased to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, yeah, I think roses are fantastic.
Speaker 32: It's really it's been devastating for the gardening community the effect that chili thrips had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt about. We've been talking about it for years now, haven't we, four or five years, like decades chili thrip. We was get a chili thrip call. But yeah, that that notion of falling out of love with it and so much endeavor you put into roses and they just get belted by these little things.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it just becomes a lot of work for people. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: I just want to thank our my team, my producers. Since we heard about Woodside, my god, I have put calls into Roger Cook, the Premier, Murray wat the federal Environment Minister Woodside and also David Michael who's the Environment Minister.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: So thanks to my team. They're good, aren't they Yeah, very good. Elat Yeah they are. You look good, yeah they are. They do make me look good.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mate.
Speaker 2: I will hear you of JB six to eight Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely in this week. Yes, I am. I had one day off lass because I was sick. How's his garden going, JB.
Speaker 2: You're winning him over?
Speaker 32: Yeah, yep, yeah, he's getting Now I think I'm going down to have a look at maybe doing a little bit of work for him. Really make his guard look even better, right, speaking of invoices, Yeah, don't miss him.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, a few very agents color of Zeros, color eas zero, A good time and on budget. Dareth thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for filling in for suit for the last three weeks, My pleasure, your ripper. We're lucky to have you, Thank you, Mabe. Yeah, thanks mate. His wife's a lucky girl and we're lucky to have him. It's twenty nine minutes to one o'clock. That was Darren Senior. You'll hear him with Jamie Burnett six to eight on Saturday and Sunday morning. Incredibly popular segment. Lots of people listening, tune in. Why wouldn't you listen to gardening advice on the weekends from one of the very best Twenty eight and a half minutes to one o'clock. We'll be back in a moment. Harry from Hilton says, Hey, gents, thanks for your help. Harry, you more than welcome. Darren'll be in the car and it'll be listening Darren not thank you for your advice and help on all of that. Good on your Harry. Thanks for listening in. It is twenty four minutes to one o'clock. Let's take pause. Let's go to our USUM at six PR John Nichols, good afternoon, Thank you, Simon, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, Simon, good afternoon. The federal government has approved the extension of the Northwest Shelf Gas Project after lengthy delays what side will be allowed to operate the facility off the North Coast for north West Australian Coast for another forty years. Strict environmental conditions have been imposed, with the Resources Company given ten days to respond to those limitations. The Premier says the tragic death of a young boy in Perths out of Suburbs as a reminder of the dangers posed by vehicles. But lease, we're investigating the incident in Mount Helena yesterday after in which an eight year old fell from a vehicle that then struck him. The federal government says it's encouraged by inflation numbers that show consumer prices have remained steady. The rise in the CPI has come in at two point four percent for the year to April, which is the same rate as in February and March. And the Libs and the Nats have officially kissed and made up. Susan Lee and David Littelproud are right now announcing the reformation of the coalition. In tennis, Australia's Adam Walton has recorded only his second win at a major. He's got to the second round of the French Open as has fellow of Australian Alex Demonor, but Olivia Gadecki has bowed out twenty one degrees at the moment, twelve overnight showers and twenty three tomorrow. More news at one.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, John, let's do this.
Speaker 7: And now the fourth most talented musician in his family. Newsreader extraordinai for Viya of Gondiments and Small Goods while watching the bat first one thousand wearer of a beetle shirt every five but named his pug after David Bowie, lover of Volkswagen golfs and peak spokesperson for the Madagascan radiated tortoise community. It's John Nichols presenting Nichols Niche.
Speaker 1: Wednesday time for Nichols Niche.
Speaker 2: Just you just let us know if you're unhappy with any of your intro and we can tweak that for you, John, we'll do It's pretty good. Still that holds up.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fourth most talented musician in your family.
Speaker 3: Yep, just ahead of the guinea pig. The guinea pick, just ahead of the pug. Sorry, my mind is elsewhere.
Speaker 2: John, That's very very I'm sure ziggyby stoked to be called a guinea pig. What do you have for us this week?
Speaker 3: Well, if you've ever been in a science class, you might have tried the egg drop challenge. You have to design a contraption that will protect an egg that's dropped from high up. Most of the eggs usually break, and for years, the common was to make sure that the egg landed straight up and down. But scientists from MIT, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, led by a professor tal Cohen, cracking that idea wide open. They bought one hundred and eighty eggs. They got them from cost Co. I don't know why that's relevant, but that's in the story. And they dropped them in their lab from different heights. They tried landing them straight up, straight down, and on their side, and guess what. Eggs dropped on their side. Horizontally broke much less often. When they were dropped from about seventy five centimeters. More than half of the eggs landing vertically broke, but less than one in ten of those landing horizontally did. Apparently it all comes down to stiffness and toughness. Yeah, all right, so next time that comes.
Speaker 2: Up, you know what was the nation of origin for that test, John, I believe that was the United States, Okay, because the yea wherever they got a costco And on the matters of guinea piece.
Speaker 3: Yes, the subject of that's right, I was taken as I believe you were. Also by recent headline that said scientists just made guinea pigs listen to a dell for seven days. I thought that's either cruel or nice, depending on how you feel about Adell. Apparently the actual story isn't as interesting. It's all about compression, which is the magic trick that music producers used to make everything sound a bit louder and punchier. Radio stations use it a lot too. That's why we sound so much so coming out of the out of the speech.
Speaker 2: So, John, if you heard a song that has been compressed or as the compression treatment, can you tell kind of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you can tell that compression was used in say the Beatles music. Whenever you hear RINGO do a tom tom Phil instead of dunk, it's more of a that's because the tale of the sound of the drum is being pushed.
Speaker 1: Up to make it louder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been compressed.
Speaker 3: And there was something called the loudness was a couple of decades ago where all the music producers wanted to make all of their music super loud all the time, just to make it sound better on the radio. And apparently that was that was unpopular because when you're listening to heavily compressed music, areas get tired as a bunch of guinea pigs.
Speaker 1: A test in Paris can attest to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was the outcome of the test.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The outcome of the test was that the people, the guinea pigs who were listening to the compressed version of the Adele song, which, by the way, not twenty fifteen's I Miss You. Yeah, I'm not familiar with it, but apparently it was a good choice. Those that are exposed to the compressed Adele, their protective muscle, the stupedious muscle, the protects against loud noises, didn't recover. But those who listened to the previous, the original, uncompressed version, they didn't like it, and they were a little bit deaf for a little.
Speaker 1: While, but they got better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it's mozy one, double three two is the phone number. Now, A man close to your heart, sir Paul, what's he done?
Speaker 3: Well, this is appropriate because this is what happened sixty years ago yesterday. Paul McCartney, having already dreamed up he Reckons the tune for the classic number Yesterday, He then had to work out proper lyrics because, as is well known, the original title he had was scrambled Eggs because it fits with a melody, but he thought that that's not going to sell, so he had to come up with some lyrics. He was on the way to a holiday in albaferr on the southern coast of Portugal with his then girlfriend Jane Asher, whose mum taught George Martin how to.
Speaker 1: Play the Obo.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, they were heading for a villa borrowed from his mate Bruce Welch. Not to be confused with our traffic guy. No, no, this is Bruce Welch from Cliff Richard and the Shadow. Yes, yes, yes, anyway, they flew from London to Lisbon yesterday, sixty years ago, and they needed to drive a couple of hundred kilometers to get to the villa from lis and on that particular car trip he wrote the lyrics.
Speaker 1: He thought of all the words that.
Speaker 3: Were possibly fit with the With the tune, he mulled over the tune and got little one word openings to the to the verses you know, suddenly.
Speaker 1: And the rest.
Speaker 3: And he said he made it sad because he reckons people like a sad song. Yeah, and it's become one of the most covered songs in the history of music.
Speaker 2: I already thought, so karaoke covered, huge song. Does it split sit on your in your top ten or the mount rushmore for Beatles songs. You're a Beatles mad Yeah.
Speaker 1: Top five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It depends on when you ask me, but always top five?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. Beautiful bit of kid, isn't it. He's a bit of it is a bit of Yesterday.
Speaker 2: Thank you John, Thank you for Nichols Niche, Thanks sig See you next week.
Speaker 28: Cheers, you know, oh Yesterday conswer why she had to go? Sheves Yesterday?
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 2: Hey, sixty years ago. Yesterday Yesterday was written by Paul McCartney.
Speaker 1: Amazing song. We will come back.
Speaker 2: We do have a statement from Murray What, the Federal Environment Minister. We've been chasing the poll today.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 2: Do you think Murray what will approve the extension to Woodside for the Northwest Shelf and the Borough area. You've been voting in great number today and you were right. I was less optimistic on this. I thought I thought the Greens and the Teals might have a say in inner city Sydney and Melbourne.
Speaker 1: But it's happened.
Speaker 2: It has happened, it's been approved, and this has happened quickly after a number of the delays under the previous Environment Minister Tanya Plibasi. So the yes is a fifty one and the nose afore now we paused to tally for obvious reasons, but lots of you are very happy with the decision. And as I've said right from the start, I'll work this station for a while. We just feel differently about oil and gas and iron ore and the resources industry than the rest of Australia does. Because we work in the industry. We understand it drives Saint George's terrace and the economy and the Australian economy. Notwithstanding the fact there still needs to be a chat about us trying to get out of fossil fuels at some stage, and our listeners I feel, in the main don't regard a woodside as the Antichrist, as the Death Star, which are the Greens and a lot of the activists do. We'll come back in just a moment. We'll reflect on the decision with Tom Raby from the Australian fin Review. Thanks for listening. We've been running a yes no poll on the show today Will Murray what approved the Northwest Shelf extension, the Woodside Gas projecting extension at the bar Up and beyond. The yes has had fifty one the nos afore, so you picked up listeners. He has today approved the extension, but there's still a ways to go. Some waters still needs to go under the bridge. Brendan has sms me he said, humble brag that I said approve with conditions. They still have to go through the Senate or was at the approval end of the story. There's a bit to go, Brendon. Let's catch up with Tom Raby to find out a little bit more. He's a wa political respondent from the Australian finn Review.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom, Hi Simon, Hey mate, So we said this was coming after.
Speaker 2: Mister Alberinez he talked about firming capacity with gas and our transition to renewables earlier earlier in the week. There's some politics in this decision as well. But he's been fairly clear. I've got Murray Wat's statement in front of me. He looked at the potential impacts on the national heritage of the rock art and economic and social matters concerning the proposed development. But Woodside I got ten days to respond.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right. So a conditional approval. As you said, they are the Obanza government saying that they're going to impose some some environmental kind of guardrails to how would Side can do it's business between now and twenty seventy. A lot of that will be focusing on the emissions from the facility and the impact on the indigenous rock card up there, which is massively central to a lot of the concerns of environmentalists over the extension here. So yeah, ten days would Side have got to respond. But yeah, it's looking like it's a green light he does, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Tom? What are the political ramifications for the Albanese government?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it probably depends where you ask that question. I think in Western Australia there seems to be pretty wide support electorally for gas. You've seen the WA Premiere and the WA Labor government really push and advocate for the use of gas in the state's energy transition and kind of link it to all those downstream processing ambitions that I've got. If you ask that question in Brisbane and Melbourne, maybe you might get a different answer in terms of you know, the number of Greens and Labor contests in the recent election there where you know, Labor were probably pretty vulnerable to their their supportive gas. So it's a massively controversial topic. And the Northwest Shelf is just despite being you know, it's been operating since the eighties, it's kind of emerged in the last few months as this lightning rod of the whole debate.
Speaker 2: Lightning rod is the right phrase, mate.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I don't know this for sure time and I don't always get these things right, but I think the activists and I use that term collectively, you know, the independent candidates. What if you want to call them the Teals, the John Butler's, the Tim Winton's, you know midnight idols of the world are going to go lose their collective minds over this one, I reckon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's there's so much opposition from from green groups, like you've got the two kind of pillows to their argument obviously just the emissions aspect, and they are warning that allowing it to continue until twenty seventy will enable a lot more gas to be extracted and burned. And then inversely, as I said earlier, you know that the indigenous rock cart up there and the concerns for the impact on a woodside. In response to the emissions kind of argument, they point out a lot of the LG that they're pulling out, you know, a lot of the gas they're pulling out of the ground and converting into LNG and sending to Asia is helping Asia decarbonize there, saying if they're not burning this gas, they're going to be burning much dirtier coal. So where you know that's they're helping. So yeah, it's a controversial topic and I think you're right, it's going to spark a lot of outrage today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, say ten days ago, Woodside still have to respond a little bit more and we're waiting to see what the I guess the industrial restrictions, the operating restrictions will be. But at this stage it's now the ball is now firmly back in Woodsides Court. Look forward to reading your thoughts. Tom Over this afternoon and tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having a chat to us.
Speaker 6: No, thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Tom Rabi from the Australian Financial Review. So Murray, what has approved it at this stage? Dependent or yeah, dependent on whether Woodside like it. So that it's now they've got ten days to answer. So he's done that pretty quickly, hasn't he. I was very skeptical, very dubious. I didn't think he'd do it given, you know, given how important the Greens are in the Upper House federally and the Teals and and you know working in partnership with them. I didn't think you'd do it. It's the seven minutes to one o'clock. Thanks for listening in today. Our tally was right. You guys picked it. What I'm listeners fifty one yeses and four knows? Will Murray what approved the Northwest Shelf extensionally has this stage? Joining me in the studio now is Oliver Peterson. Hi, good night, Good Origin tonight ORAE live on six P Queenslander.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I reckon that Queensland will lose. I think they're gonna get pumped that. Yeah, it's got that feeling about it tonight. Having said that when Queensland plays at sun Corp Stadium, Simon, anything can happen, particularly if the players had just been walking past the Gaxton Hotel.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 26: I had like an out of body experience at the Caxton. Yeah, like I almost transformed into a Queenslander. I could feel Steve ran Off, I could feel Billy Moore there at the Caxton. And I'm probably gonna have to now buy your cart and the beer because my phone's ringing.
Speaker 1: Who was it? Yes, yeah, you know it is. Look a who that is? Oh there you go?
Speaker 2: Sure, no better, you're getting your guarding done.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 26: So yeah, look, I just think Queensland's up for hiding. Yeah, I've here on six PR and then League Legends Tonight Bowie little show I put together where you'll hear the great Man Billy Moore, Queensland, Queensland and the great Man Mark Guy MG.
Speaker 1: So League Legends Tonight.
Speaker 2: Waited here for what didn't he six for the Western?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Now the will Murray? What I approved the North A redundant question. Yes didn't they they did?
Speaker 1: It was going to happen as he called you back.
Speaker 2: Yet we have been polite, my people talking to his people and it's been polite.
Speaker 26: It's it's good if he can be polite to you, because he should come and talk to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 26: He will never bother to talk to me, and that's fine. I don't want to talk to him, to be honest, because he's always treated us with the stay. But you different kettle of fish and he should talk to you.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe. Thanks for listening in today. I had an odd body experience at the shoe bar. Six you were there, Yeah, you saw it?
Speaker 1: So good? Do you help me get through it? Absolutely brilliant, Absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 2: Cheers mate, one to five. Thank you Perth Live and just a reminder that six PR will be broadcasting continue call of Origin. You know, get on board, Get on board the Rugby Linix Rugby League Express.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: The Bears are coming. It's a good game. It's easy to understand. Four minutes to one, so the best lone song to Las Sandy. Thank you, mate, go Maroons or Maroons his mather, Thank you and Lynn and Dave say sorry, Simon, we can't agree with the woodside decision. We're red disappointed. That's okay, Lynn, Dave, thank you, thanks for listening in. Thanks for making your thoughts known. Barnaby Joyce does not have a role in the new cabinet. The new Coalition Cabinet Susan Lee just announced that call of the Day to Day's Paula on the Stink in the South.
Speaker 1: Thanks Paula, you won two tickets.
Speaker 2: To see the British Irish Lions versus the Western Force on the twenty eighth of June. You can see it off the stadium. Ticket Master are selling the tickets. Thanks for listening. Just a reminder, Olie's up next one to five Origin tonight on six PR