Speaker 1: Look who it is. It's Jimmy, often described as the Darryl Lee Chocolate of executive producers. Jimmy, good morning to you.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, but there you go. Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's the first I've got this thing at the moment for Darryl Lee licorice dripping in dark.
Speaker 2: I love that. I loved him. You know, remember the chocolate bullets what you were talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, the bullets is one thing, but to have these big chunks of beautiful licorice, also dripping in dark chocolate, and they're on special at the moment. They were last week. I don't know where it will be this week. Two for the price of one.
Speaker 2: Oh, how good that you did? You head down to the supermarket while you're a bit sick.
Speaker 1: About you that's right. It makes you feel better though I was very sick Enoughter you eat a packet of that, you just feel better about the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon, So I reckon. Something to make you feel better is when you start the day with a bit of gratitude. What do you reckon? Does that work? Sometimes?
Speaker 1: It's very important. Gratitude is a very very powerful sentiment.
Speaker 2: It is it is, and that's what I was thinking. Actually on the weekend, I thought of because I was driving out of my garage and it's been really frosty these mornings. It's been freezing here in Melbourne, and I was in the garage and I drove out, and I thought, actually, it's not too bad because I'm in the garage. But I remembered when I was younger and I would have to park out on the grass. We didn't have a garage. We had a car port, but I couldn't park in there and the windows were frosted completely iced over. I used to have to use the water to get off the ice, and I was freezing. The heat didn't work properly. And I thought, that's something I didn't have, But I can't live without now. I thought I might ask Tony Max something you didn't have, but now you couldn't live without. I couldn't live without a garage now impossible.
Speaker 1: No, it would be very, very difficult back in my day for the brother me and my brother Phil would we didn't have an inside a toilet.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: So you can imagine getting up at one, two, three, four o'clock in the morning. Here two boys that you're thinking to.
Speaker 3: You, I've got to go to go and it would be you know, like zero degrees down in the backyard just to go out and go and have a tinkle.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, thank you. How yeah, so you must be really grateful now to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: That's right, all these years later and we've just got the inside version, and I got to tell you it brings great job. We are grateful.
Speaker 2: That's grateful for that. I've got another couple on the list. This is a bit so. You know Fox Tell Ko Sport on TV. When I was growing up, my parents no Fox Tell, no cable TV. I would have to listen to what to get the Richmond games, I'd have to look in the paper and find the radio stations that were calling the games, either radio in my room listening to Richmond, which was okay, you know, because I fell in love with Rex and the three W callers and that sort of thing. But all my mates had cable, they all had Foxtel. I didn't have it. Another thing I didn't have was the air con and central heating.
Speaker 1: We had no Why did you have air condition?
Speaker 2: I know, not a chance until I was I think there was would have been eighteen I reckon, but yeah, no, I couldn't live without it now, absolutely brilliant. Did you have any others on your list?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So for the other one for me would be we only have had brick hits and when you think about now, brickheads, so we didn't have guests. And then some years that it might have been the late sixties we were kids that maybe early seventies, we got this thing called a gas heater. Oh yes, and that was just like top of the was a ub to have this incredible new gas heater that warmed the lound room like we'd never known a before.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what well, that's what I grew up with, is the gas heater. So that was really you know, that was okay. But then once when we had central heating heat, it was like.
Speaker 1: Holy central heating.
Speaker 2: That was the top of the was correct.
Speaker 1: And you go to somebody else's house and they'd have the maybe you go to somebody else's house at friend's house and they'd have under the concrete heating and it would come up through the floor. The whole house was warm. Just to know the floor was really warm to walk on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know. Well I used to go to friendsus for Foxtel and watch the footy and that sort of stuff. But no, I still like them as well and have that this one, you know Spotify now. Back in the day, as you know, I mean, well for me, I'm obviously a bit younger than you, but we'd have to go and by the CDs or tape video hits on a Saturday morning to listen to our music and and all of that. But now we've got it at our fingertips. Spotify any song you want or album or do you think it takes away a bit of the magic used to go and buy that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, Billy and I have talked about this. Billy Panella and I have discussed this over many many years. One of the joys was and people listening no go you'd go and get to say an album, and you would learn the lyrics because often they'd be published on the back of the album, or you would learn who the players were. You'd learn the which tracks fell into each other after, you know, so it was very important you listen to track side one, track one right through and you knew the context of each of those songs sitting on the album, what that album cover looked like. I don't know that that's available as much as it was, but we're going back sixty seventies and eighties, of course, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, you're so right, you're so right. And I think it also it's a thing with the you know movies these days, when you've got on the streaming platforms. Used to go to the video store and get it, and you'd rewatch it. You watch it a few times, you'd read the cover, you'd see who the actors were, you'd pay attention to every line. But now it's like everything is to our fingertips and we've got so many options you don't really pay attention. So I think some of that magic has gone.
Speaker 1: And the other thing too, for me Jimmy's APO would be the fact that you might be watching one of the streaming things. Show comes to an end and then you're looking to look at the credits. You want to spend time with the credit, and then it disappears off the screen. They've moved on to a promo for another show, and go, no, I want to watch the credits.
Speaker 2: Go back to the credit. I've done the same thing.
Speaker 1: I love it one, double three, six nine three. So what are we going to ask the audience.
Speaker 2: So something you didn't have, but now you can't live without.
Speaker 1: Oh there, it is something we didn't have when we were growing up, but there's something with which you just cannot do without. One double three six nine three. Jimmy, as you know, is the executive producer with Jackie Felgate here on three a w. The Drive program gets underway from three and it's always Wednesday Afternoon's always a great show, Jimmy, it always is.
Speaker 2: There's a lot happening, but especially when Richo comes in. That's three point thirty and he's still my idol. So love having a chat to Richow and everybody loves speaking to him. So if you want to have a chat to Ritro three today.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll see that. And it's always good to have you on the program. Mate, nice to talk here, jimmybo come and join us the other side. One double three six nine three. Things you didn't have, but now these days you just could not live without one double three six' nine.
Speaker 2: THREE i couldn't live without you