Speaker 1: Alix, Thank you, I'm Blake.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning everyone.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Australia over night and now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 3: That would be me.
Speaker 1: Australia's quiet.
Speaker 4: The night rolls on, voices echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 1: Through the dark. There's a guiding light.
Speaker 4: Three aw keeps us close tonight.
Speaker 3: Over night.
Speaker 5: We share the stories and laughter everywhere, from city streets to the outbacks. Guys Australia trees that station.
Speaker 1: Fly, good morning, Hello, nice to have your company.
Speaker 6: Thank you to Andrew and de Simon for remember when here on three A w Thank you to five.
Speaker 1: As this safe.
Speaker 5: City wakes hard goes now.
Speaker 4: So's voice, like.
Speaker 1: A friendly.
Speaker 4: Brings the country close.
Speaker 5: Across this slam. Oh no, Shelly, stories laughter everywhere.
Speaker 1: When you're ringing through you jump on the phone. It's open line.
Speaker 6: On a Monday morning, Nathan Kosh not here with us this morning. We'll be back if all goes to plan, He'll be back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Tuesday morning. He's currently flying the sky nights.
Speaker 7: Saffre No.
Speaker 5: City weeks on goes numb.
Speaker 8: To.
Speaker 5: His voice like.
Speaker 9: A family.
Speaker 1: Brings the country close across the slam. Oh my graduated company jump on.
Speaker 3: Board the coming Jordans. We cleaned the lines.
Speaker 6: I have to remember when you're on AM. If you'd like to be part of you can do that now. Love one double three six nine three text line zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. And in the unlikely event, well I say unlikely, many are getting zillions of them overnight's at three AW. That's for the email overnights plural at THREEAW dot com dot au. We've cleared the lines. As I said, if you ring through now, you'll have it all to yourself. If not, the program will pretty much all mornings sound like this, which will be dull. Or many people might say, oh that's really Corey Love the idea of quiet one double three six nine three zero four double seven six nine three six nine three, particularly for Richmond supporters, particularly for and I'm looking at you, Jay other side of the glass, Carlton supporters.
Speaker 10: You were there, Satney, I was, I was, There was a great venue, it was a lovely day, perfect day for footy.
Speaker 3: That's about it. And then for Carlton supporters, that was about it.
Speaker 1: Were you on the boundary, No up in the in the gallows bleats blues. But the crowd was pretty good.
Speaker 10: Yes, by memory, I think there was roughly sixty five sixty plus.
Speaker 1: Thousand, so it's pretty good for a game like that. And Carlton just I don't know. Oh it's sonny. Where do you start?
Speaker 6: If you're a coach, if you were in the chair, what would you do? So you're running the joint, what would you do?
Speaker 1: Who? Who would you bring in? Who would you get rid of it?
Speaker 10: I'm glad you said that because a number of times I've shared this on platforms. In regard to the assistant coaches, maybe they need to Monday morning, this morning, later on, have a bit of a chat with.
Speaker 6: Them, have a good look at the Michelle, have to have a very good look at yourself.
Speaker 3: But that's that's my two cents.
Speaker 6: Now, you've been suffering a little bit since we saw your last Wednesday, of course, because you have a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday where we don't.
Speaker 1: Get to hang out too much.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then during the time you got the sinus sinus.
Speaker 10: Yes, indeed, they attacked my little nostrils and moddle eyes, thank you, And we went for a couple of days.
Speaker 3: But coming good now, which is great.
Speaker 1: After the doctor we did go no.
Speaker 10: I stuck with my good old Trusty aspros. They seem to help. They don't fix the problem, but they do relieve the symptoms the.
Speaker 1: Symptoms and you feel a bit better. Thursday Friday.
Speaker 6: Great to have you on board, so you are the first person that people will hear when you ring through one double three six nine three. We want to have a bit of fun this morning, given that Nathan Coosh is not with us, but we will be here with us tomorrow. Snuffle logos what's that snuffle snuffle logus is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Rob, Thank you. I have no idea what that means.
Speaker 6: The text line it makes me laugh. Sometimes people just send one word and I go, you know, not too sure what that means. David, if you would like to stay there, we'll come back to you very shortly. The calls are coming in, which is great. That's what we need on a Monday morning, to keep each other company.
Speaker 1: We had nothing really planned. We'll talk to Marni Leishman.
Speaker 6: A bit later on. One of the things that came up as conversation. One of the many things that came up as conversation over the weekend is the tax that we pay for the times in which we live now, You and I, for the most part, most people listening didn't live through WW two. We heard the history of it, We're familiar with the history of it. We've spoken to our mums and dads and our grandpas over the years, but we really didn't fully comprehend.
Speaker 1: We live in a very different time here.
Speaker 6: We are in twenty twenty five, and things are really tense around the world for a range of reasons which we won't go into unless you unless there's anything in particularly you want to discuss. But essentially, I thought what we might do is catch up with Marny Leishman and ask her, as a health and community psychologist, how we manage the anxiety. And I know the people who are to whom I spoke of the weekend, there is a heightened sense of anxiety as to what's happening around.
Speaker 1: The world, so we thought we might look at that as well.
Speaker 6: Typewriters came up on my little bullet and I thought, gee, that's interesting. Typewriters were pained by Christopher Latham Shoals way back in eighteen sixty eight. Eighteen sixty eight. Now there would be many many people listening now that learned to type, many people that worked as typists back in the day. Mum was one of which you back in the old BHP days here in Melbourne. Big pool of people, big pool.
Speaker 1: Of young women.
Speaker 6: Presumably I'm going to opten a limb and say it would have been primarily women, which says something, doesn't it? Primarily women in a big typing pool. Where did you learn to type? Where did you work and what did you do? How did you do that? And for how many years? One double three six nine three and the other one that I had on the list I might keep for a bit later on. But what's one of your pet peeves? One of your pet peeves? See if we can compare notes on that, plenty of room. We'll get to David in Israel, and please that is there. We'll talk to David on the other side of this one double three six nine three. As I said, you keep those texts coming zero four double seven six nine three sixty nine three.
Speaker 1: It is Australia overnight. I'm Tony Mac. Good morning, new seating position, a brand new platinum microphone.
Speaker 6: So we've adjusted that. We're ready to go. Does it sound any way different to this stage.
Speaker 3: Jay, Sorry, what was that? I can't hear? Are you using the microphone? Sorry? Yes, it's sounding beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Is there any is there any change in tone? Intonation? No? No, no intonation? Am I over enunciating?
Speaker 3: Enunciating? Very enunciation, thank you.
Speaker 6: So I like to enunciate clearly so the listener around Australia can understand the things about which I am speaking and hopefully making no sense you.
Speaker 3: Butte mate, mate, no worries coming. It's great. Ay, you're listening, great mate, it's fantastic our.
Speaker 1: Dear friend David in Israel.
Speaker 6: And David, first up, I didn't realize it was you because that lovely parcel that you sent on the occasion of my day, it had no there was no note associated with it.
Speaker 1: I just thought it came from the Whiskey company. But thank you very much for doing that. I'm led to believe now that.
Speaker 3: It was you.
Speaker 11: Yes, it was me, and there should have been a carter and it said they must have forgotten not to as long as you got it, that's the main That was a.
Speaker 6: Very generous thing and I will we'll sip on that for many a year to come.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 11: I would have thought probably last year to.
Speaker 1: Say a week or that's very good, David, I was those days have sort of disappeared to some degree. I wish I had that company.
Speaker 12: Maybe maybe I'll come out and help you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 6: You'd be more than I wish I had that capacity to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: But no longer the case. It's lovely to hear. I mean a crazy weekend, an amazing weekend. Crazy weekend? Does it feel like in your father came through and Trump finally came true?
Speaker 11: And I think there are a lot of very happy people here and the truth murders. I think there are a lot of very happy people. And he ran also because they're also sick of it, and they don't like the regime that they've got and they want they want change, and they spent all their money on nuclear bombs instead of giving them what they need, like mask governments give the West give their people at any rate. So we were woken up last night. There was nothing, and I just woke up to go to the little room. I think, I don't know why. I woke up last morning about three is and I saw on the headlines I thought a better check what's going on? And I said that he's bombed. And I was stunned because you know, the talk had been he wasn't going to obviously. I think it was just sort of a good cop, bad cop type thing, and he was saying a good cop. On Saturday, they sent the bombers over from wherever to wherever and got them ready. Anyway, the program has now gone. At seven point thirty, we were woken up with a bar out of our thirty of the missiles, there was considerable damage. There were injuries, but no death, thank god that they wear. Injuries had been considered damage untilative in other places. Also, the rest of the days been quiet. You know what happened tonight, Just just have the everything would be okay.
Speaker 1: Well we all do you get the same was.
Speaker 12: Born three o'clock on Saturday night.
Speaker 11: Sorry, the little baby's born three o'clock Saturday morning to the sound of sirens.
Speaker 12: And but yeah, new granddaughter, she said in the deliverable.
Speaker 11: There was no delivery room because they're in the hospital in Jerusalem is underground. It's they have an underground section for emergencies like this. It's all being prepared. They actually do not keep tanks there they keep patients there. That's hard to believe. I know, I'm just kidding. And it's all sort of this giant sized and normals all room type in all you know, Convenian car park, I don't know what you call it. And saw curtained off. You know, his little section's got curtains, and so you can hear phones and sirens and.
Speaker 12: God on his knows what.
Speaker 11: And so the baby came out to the world with a pick aphemy of Mozart, Beththoven Off, money Off and and Elton John and played by the Iranian Symphony.
Speaker 6: In Elton John, you referred to as President Trump. He's intriguing in many many ways, as we know. But the most interesting point I think because he'd said in the past he never quite understood the idea of flagging to enemy as to when, and he flagged it sort of randomly by saying, you know, a couple of weeks, you've got to behave and then all of a sudden, within twenty four less than forty eight, you know, we saw what we saw this morning, very early this morning out time.
Speaker 11: Well, all I can say is you wouldn't want to play poker against Donald Trump. I reckon he'd win.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think that knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's.
Speaker 11: In Talca Gabba said, I don't have they don't have the ability. There no treats, say say as well, she's wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was That was quite quite poignant, wasn't it. I think we might have lost to David's line there. Unfortunately. I'm sorry David, but we've disappeared off the line.
Speaker 6: Not too sure why that happened, forgive us. But David's there in Israel.
Speaker 1: As you know.
Speaker 6: Ardie morning, and we've lost Ardie as well by the looks. No, Ardie, what about Helen? Don't tell me our phones have gone down? Hello Helen, good morning, going along beautifully. Why don't we do this? Do you want to do a quick break? Jay, and we'll see if we can come back to those that are waiting.
Speaker 1: We'll get to you in just a moment.
Speaker 6: One double three six nine three zero four double seven six nine three six nine three for the wonderful text, Julie. I learned typing at school, leaving with a speed of seventy five words per minute. But it was all a waste of time, oh, Julie. Why it's a great skill to I've had presumably in what years were you doing that tone? I hate talking to people on the phone while they eat. I hang up on them. Thank you, I know, Damien, that's really good, Rob. That little note said Snugglepuss relates to the previous program. Oh that makes sense now because they were talking about a discussion non human characters and tone. My pet Peeve is having to listen to some of the crazies that become part of the program. I won't name the ones you've named, but that's very, very funny. Nine to five zero, Come and join me. Don't be a crazy one double three six nine three. It is Australia over, good morning. All right, we're just got to sort out some technical issues in terms of calls. For whatever reason, the calls are just they're coming through, but we've got to work them up.
Speaker 1: So we'll shut down the system. We'll not the whole system, just the system, and we'll be back shortly in the meantime. Look who it is one of the all time s great songs at Baker Straight Jerry Raffity, which we reckon by definition that close to five minutes of our sleeve. We'll be back straight after this. It is Australia every night morning.
Speaker 4: One in your widow and big street.
Speaker 14: In your and then on your feet.
Speaker 1: Well, no, the crazy bab you drinks are not away ever.
Speaker 5: Forget about everything. This citys a nature feel so cold.
Speaker 1: It's gotten so many people, but it's.
Speaker 5: Got no soul and mistake and use long to find out you were wrong when you.
Speaker 15: Thought of hell everything.
Speaker 4: You used to live that it was so?
Speaker 16: Is it?
Speaker 4: You used to say that it was so?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: But you're trying.
Speaker 1: You're trying now, I know, dear.
Speaker 5: And then you be habit, just oneir and then you'll be habit.
Speaker 17: But you're crying.
Speaker 5: You're crying now.
Speaker 1: Wa down the street. There's a lot in his place.
Speaker 4: He opens the door.
Speaker 1: He's got the look.
Speaker 18: On his face and he has you way him.
Speaker 5: You're tell him you've seen and you talk about it and anything.
Speaker 4: He's got this dream about burn some land.
Speaker 1: He's gonna give.
Speaker 5: Up the booze and one night's as.
Speaker 4: Bad and settled down.
Speaker 1: It's a quiet little town and forget about it. Bristhday. You know he.
Speaker 4: Loves keep movement.
Speaker 17: You know he's never gonna start up movement.
Speaker 14: He's rolling.
Speaker 3: He's the roll stone.
Speaker 1: When you wake up.
Speaker 4: It's a new morning, Sunny.
Speaker 1: Shut it.
Speaker 17: It's a new morning. Your gorment, your gold, not tan the.
Speaker 5: Dot dot dot do.
Speaker 1: It is only what I'm loving. I'm loving the idea of compiling now the list of songs, the longest songs that we would need to change studios one double three six nine three, because we cyber, we should have them straight up our sleeve.
Speaker 6: I reckon one double three six nine three. It off with the Baker Street.
Speaker 13: We'd burned through them in a month.
Speaker 1: That's right, we go through them all in a month.
Speaker 6: That's funny in itself. Well, it's the first time that it's happened me, I think in here since we've been doing this for eighteen months now, so just over eighty months.
Speaker 1: One double three, six nine three.
Speaker 6: If you could just share, by way of a phone call, the songs that you think we should have on the standby list, which would give us in total round about twenty minutes or more.
Speaker 1: So you'd have to put I'm thinking Hurricane by Bob Dylan.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go stair Away would be another one. Jay, I'm thinking probably you'd have to have Hotel.
Speaker 1: California in there. Hey, Jude, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know you could add to the list one double three six nine three.
Speaker 14: Helen morning, Hello, Tony, what a scream you and Jay in your aprons with your sticky tape.
Speaker 1: You have no idea if you only knew, Helen how accurate that was.
Speaker 14: Listen. I just thought I'd take the chance to say gooday to David in Israel and just remind him that we all think of him, and we perhaps don't say it often enough, And I just send my love and look, I'm admittedly fairly incoherence about Israel, Tony, for probably the last sixty years since I read Leon Muris's Exodus, and then I went to a largely Jewish school and saw how fabulous their families are, and how they live their life, and how they achieve, and how they can take a desert and make it fertile. And these are who I would like to be my neighbors.
Speaker 1: This is who would you would like to be your neighbors?
Speaker 14: Yes, Jewish people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see what you mean.
Speaker 14: Yea happy if the next door country was Israel, if you didn't hate them, they would help you do anything, and they would achieve it because they're damn smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I think there's that.
Speaker 6: That's not to say that other nations wouldn't step up as well, by the way, Helen, but I think in this circumstance your observations as spot on.
Speaker 1: Apart from that, how was your weekend?
Speaker 14: It was a little anxious with the storm, just struggling past South Sydney by one point in a golden kick or whatever. Yeah, but otherwise, and then having a visitor before I'd even gotten up this morning. I'm probably not most glamorous in my old ladies dressing gown.
Speaker 19: However, you are no.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 6: We all wear the old ladies dressing out at some point. In fact, I'm wearing one now, Helen.
Speaker 14: I'm fine, yes, and just eating fabulous cheese a glass Merlo listening to you.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I want have come around to your house, Merlow. At this time of the morning, I'm loving your work.
Speaker 14: Look, I can dance and do mats at two am, and I'm ghastly before noon.
Speaker 6: Do you know there's a great movie that came out, I think sometime ago called Sideways, and you have saw it. It's about two blokes you go through California drinking and learning more about wine. It's a fantastic film. But one of the lines in the film was never ever drink at Merlow.
Speaker 20: And Merla used to believe that.
Speaker 1: And Merlow sales dropped to all but zero within just a matter of weeks.
Speaker 14: It had a really bad name about ten years ago. And then I started drinking blends with Murlow in it. And then I found some really good murlows, some.
Speaker 1: Really lovely murlos.
Speaker 6: But particularly if you can get those who you get a little bit of grenash and you get a little bit of Shurras, a little bit of murlough as those blends, they can be liquid gold as well.
Speaker 14: I can't think of a long song, Tony. You'll have to play the minute wolfs about a thousand times.
Speaker 6: Thank you, okay, over and over. Good to talk to you, Helen. Thank you for being part of the program. By one double three six nine three.
Speaker 1: What are you doing right now? Are you having a glass of murlow? Maybe we need one, Jay. We all systems go for the moment you're back up and running. No, I can't hear you, but that doesn't matter. So the system doesn't always work out. Paul in Bensdale, Hello.
Speaker 12: There you go, Paul E. Morning you said about long songs.
Speaker 11: Ye, yes, yes, A couple of suggestions for you.
Speaker 1: Good on you.
Speaker 21: What do you got Telegraph Road from the rights?
Speaker 1: Which one Telegraph road? Telegraph right from which album? Paul?
Speaker 3: Do you know.
Speaker 22: I love over Gold Baby?
Speaker 6: I'll have another listen to it. I've been listening to a bit of dive straight for a couple of reasons, because of a brilliant band. But of course they've all got a little older than when we knew and loved them in the eighties. And how you think to yourself, well.
Speaker 1: Where's that forty plus years just disappeared?
Speaker 23: Wonder The other pest I have is showing on your crazy diamonds from.
Speaker 6: Flight anything by Floyd would do. You're right, you can put anything on by Floyd, Paul, if you just got a dodgy lone with you. We're going beautifully here this morning.
Speaker 1: But thank you. What are you happening about this morning? You're traveling?
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, the way down inour Oh, good.
Speaker 1: On your Paul, good to talk to you. Thank you for that. Fae. Good morning to you in Windsor Guards in South Australia.
Speaker 15: Hi, Yes, good morning, how are you tiny? Good morning, Faye, Good morning, long song, long songs you wanted to add to your d.
Speaker 6: Yes, so really good quality long songs that we could have up our sleeve when we have to change studios like that.
Speaker 24: Oh well it made this may be of help. I don't know, but if you know Richard Harris with his song.
Speaker 1: Mcgarb, yes, I've forgotten that one.
Speaker 24: Goes for about seven or eight minutes.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I don't think I could take it because it took so long to make it. And I'll never have that recipe again.
Speaker 24: That's the one.
Speaker 1: What a track, what a song?
Speaker 6: And he was never really a singer, you reckon, not really a wonderful performer, but not necessarily a singer. When you listen to the Donner Summer version of MacArthur Park, Now, Donna.
Speaker 1: Was a singer.
Speaker 24: Okay, I haven't heard heard that version of it, but Richard Harris is the only one I know.
Speaker 6: Which, by the way, I don't want to dismiss it because it was a number one thing right around the world.
Speaker 1: There back in the well, that's going to be sixties or very early seventies.
Speaker 23: Sixties, it would be the sixties.
Speaker 24: Between the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeh, Somewhere in that place. So what a track. Are you happy there in that beautiful windsor gardens? Fay?
Speaker 24: Oh yeah, my word, I am. I'm not happy with the very cold weather. Obviously cold weather we're having, no but you know it is winter, so we've got to expect it. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Have you had much rain in your part of the world? How much have you had much?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 16: We have.
Speaker 24: We had a heavy shower earlier on last night. I could hear it on the roof, but beyond that nothing more since then.
Speaker 1: So otherwise a pretty good day.
Speaker 6: Always good to chat. Thank you, keep in touch. Let's go to Karen Beach all I, Susie.
Speaker 25: Hi, Hey you guys morning.
Speaker 1: I'm well, thank you, Susie.
Speaker 26: Well, I actually had MacArthur Park as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a track it is. It is a wonderful track.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 26: And also I heard it through the grape vine that went Forever.
Speaker 1: The Creden's version.
Speaker 6: That's right, isn't it beautiful? I happened to be listening. That's funny you should say that. I happened to be listening late last week to that Cosmos Factory album. That's right, And I'd forgotten what an extraordinary body of work that was. Some of those songs were only two two and a half minutes, sometimes three to three in a bit, and then you had that version was.
Speaker 1: Just heard it through the grapevine. Amazing work.
Speaker 26: Well, we used to dance and we would be so we think the whole is this ever going to end? Because going and going and going and a wonderful a compilation. One is Stars on forty five, which had you know, all different artists.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, I've forgotten about them in the eighties, those Stars on forty fives, which gets so much airplay, didn't they.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it's fantastic. So there's a lot of different versions, but they're all good and I still have bows, so that's good.
Speaker 6: We should look them up and do a whole list of those Stars because I think there was like there was a whole list of different variations of songs, and then there might have been a theme of I'm thinking Abba songs maybe or Beatle songs or whatever they.
Speaker 26: Were, and there was also Grease at Peaks and heaps of them all.
Speaker 1: Called Stars on forty five.
Speaker 26: It keeps going and going and going, and you can just dance.
Speaker 6: Or night you could, Susie, that may be cool of the morning so far, and I thank you very much for being part of it. Let's go down to beautiful Paynesville here in Victoria, Keith, good morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning, EB one two three with the easy beat.
Speaker 1: But how long did that go?
Speaker 13: I think AB one goes for eight minutes?
Speaker 3: Oh does it really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 28: Ev?
Speaker 1: Oh you mean well no it was.
Speaker 3: Ev.
Speaker 1: Wasn't stand to be corrected on this, Keith, But I don't think it was the easy beats.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was a soul.
Speaker 6: It was a solo single by the former lead singer.
Speaker 1: Of the Eats.
Speaker 16: All right, so it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It's probably probably a subtle but important distinction. It was Stevie doing a great great Stevie Wright doing that wonderful Ev. And then I think you flipped it over and you've got the second part of the song, EV, parts one, two and three Stevie right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, there was one. I just went forether it did.
Speaker 1: It did go forever?
Speaker 6: And interestingly enough, Kick you might remember great radio stations here in Melbourne. I'm sure the same would have been at five a D in Adelaide, or you know a six i X or a six PR in Perth.
Speaker 1: They played it on a regular basis as a six seven eight minute gathering.
Speaker 13: Look, I lived next to Greg Evans for many years, and great had the best collection of.
Speaker 1: Vinyl yeah ever he would have. He was passion he's passionate about his music.
Speaker 13: But you know what, well I was. Well, we are still friends today, but he and he took them all down the tip.
Speaker 1: Oh did well.
Speaker 13: Obviously when he was at three x y in the seventies, you got a lot of promotional stuff, and so that'd be was a fortune today because the lot of those release the regional release album stuff. Anyway, I remember he packed him up and took him down.
Speaker 1: Well, he was, he was well and truly amongst it.
Speaker 6: When you think about those those great presenters of the old forty twenty two three x white Daves, Greg was a part of that. And I think there was a time when he had he rated number one for like years pretty much number one, number one, number one, number one all the time.
Speaker 12: But he also.
Speaker 13: An interesting thing when they're going on now about a CDC going down Swanson Street, and I'm pretty sure that Greg was the commentator of.
Speaker 1: That, Well, do I hope that's true.
Speaker 6: If that is, I'll ask Dennis o'caine, and I'm sure they'd love to get him on and talk about that, because that'd be fantastic when they redo it, if they redo.
Speaker 13: It, Yeah, I think, yeah, I'm pretty pretty sure. My wife said, as I said, we're next one over.
Speaker 16: Sue was my receptions the great sooner and servants.
Speaker 23: You know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I met a long, long time ago Keith.
Speaker 13: Well she she was. She worked for me for about fifteen years and but but we're next one. But I'm pretty sure. In one of our conversations of many and interesting think Greg was, you know, because he did perfect match. But he's probably the best poetry reader of poetry that I've ever met. Many a time we sat by open fires, and he's.
Speaker 1: A great or what's the word, or orator orator.
Speaker 13: Poetry and he knows amazing.
Speaker 1: I love that story, Keith. I've got a fly.
Speaker 6: But if you're talking to gree would you pass on my love affection and many many regards to him, And I'd love to get him on the program one morning.
Speaker 13: Okay, good on you, good on your Keith.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Keith's down there, beautiful Painesville. It's a goodous spot. I've even been down there for a long time. We've got to do this when we come back. Plenty of time for your calls. If you're sending a message, three you can do that. One double three six nine three is the calls. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three send a little massage from Sweden. It is Australia Overnight. God, I love these listeners for Australia Overnight. Wherever you are, you could be through five double A and Adelaide six pr in Perth will join us very soon the ACE Radio Network of course.
Speaker 1: Three I dub here in Melbourne.
Speaker 6: So Morteine Spray made you run or fly Tony if you had three hundred and sixty degree vision. Thank you, Maggie Stars on forty five. Look at all those nominations. Great song in the eighties. Tony macka I'm Not a Kennedy was good.
Speaker 1: MAXI thank you for that. Jessica.
Speaker 6: The Allman Brothers band goes for about seven and a half and it says Dave in Cranbourne, thank you, Dave. Telegraph Road. We're going to play a bit of that thick as a brick. Forgot about that about forty three minutes. Thick as a Brick Echoes by Pink Floyd twenty three minutes MacArthur Park. Yes, you just mentioned two versions earlier, famous one Richard Harris sixty eight for Close on ten Hotel California. Look at all these nominations. We are the world American Pie, Hotel California, Bohemian Rhapsody, Evey's Part one, two.
Speaker 1: And three, just roll them out.
Speaker 6: Where is Greg Evans when we need him as a program director? Alfa morning, Good.
Speaker 23: Morning, Tony Mack and Jay.
Speaker 12: You got me back, found you.
Speaker 6: We were talking Greg, and there was a couple of other people that I caught up with over the weekend. Great friends of yours over many many years from a three X y no names, no pactril.
Speaker 23: If Greg Evans has been on with Tony make well, I think you'll go to get him on.
Speaker 16: It would be good anyway, is great value?
Speaker 23: Stars on forty five? I'll remind you that you know they copied from another track which goes quite a while, Let's do it in the eighties by Passion.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, but was that branded Stars on forty five?
Speaker 23: No, but that's the original one where they got the idea from. Speaking of the eighties, it's not really a long extended Do you remember the song we will be singing in the eighties.
Speaker 1: We'll be singing in the ages by the monitors?
Speaker 23: Yes, yeah, I thought you might know it, but yeah, I've got passion.
Speaker 6: Then I think they asked the question, though, what will we be singing in the eighties?
Speaker 1: What will we be seeing in in the eighties?
Speaker 29: Yeah?
Speaker 23: By the monitors?
Speaker 1: Yeple's you know it? And what about hooked on classics? There was a great.
Speaker 6: Version of a whole lot of beautiful classic pieces that were also linked in with sort of almost a dance beat, hooked on classics?
Speaker 23: Want to looked on hooked on classics? Have you heard hooked on hooks?
Speaker 12: The skyhooks medwe No, No.
Speaker 1: I haven't. It had to come though, didn't it hooked on hooks? So there you go. We can do a whole thing there. So you go hooked on hooks or were you stoned on stones?
Speaker 29: Well?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm excellent workout for Thank you. Marion Powderfield Gardens Morning.
Speaker 19: Marion, good morning, Tony and Jay.
Speaker 1: Morning to you. Marion's lovely to hear your voice.
Speaker 19: I got to speak with you.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 19: You're talking about the longevity of songs in the very early nineteen eighties, there was a musical called Time. It was put together by Dave Clark from Dave Clark five right, and it had Cliff Richard's Frederie Mercury and brilliant lyon Oliviier. I paid the character a cash.
Speaker 1: Sorry, and this was a record Marion.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was a.
Speaker 19: Great, big musical it was put on. I don't think it had a longevity though. On the theater production. There was quite a long list of all these wonderful actors and actresses and singers. But there's it's called the Theme from Time.
Speaker 6: And it was just simply called the Theme from Time. Thank you very much for reminder. I'd have to do some research on that and maybe feature that. I don't know that I'm familiar with it, but I will. I've written it down and we'll have a look at that.
Speaker 1: And maybe give it a run either later on or perhaps tomorrow if we get to it. Thank you for that. Mary.
Speaker 6: We've got to do this break when we come back. Your calls it is Australia overnight, Tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 6: We've got to go and do a bit of research and find some of those hooked on We can have a bit of fun with that. Hooked on Swing. Another text says Tony mac what's the topic? Paraphrase? Please, there is no topic. It's open line.
Speaker 4: Now, this is Australia Open Eyed with Tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Oh jay, this could be the new sort of tone of the program. Really don't you love it?
Speaker 16: This?
Speaker 6: I think is hooked on classics. So it was dreadful. From the purest point of view, this was an assault.
Speaker 3: Charge.
Speaker 8: But from those of the just like music, it's really good listen to this, have a listeners, isn't that fab?
Speaker 1: Look at all the calls hooked on Swing? What's the topic?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 1: As I mentioned earlier, it's really we don't.
Speaker 6: Have too many topics per se. It's really just open line. We wing it a little bit so in other words, that when you sit down at the coffee table, the din, dining room table, at lunch table, you just sort of.
Speaker 1: Sit there and chat.
Speaker 6: And that's pretty much what we do on Australia Overnight. Sometimes we have a slight theme.
Speaker 1: But there is no it's not locked in.
Speaker 6: Feel free to jump on board anything you want to raise, anything you've seen, anything you feel really won double three six nine three is our telephone number.
Speaker 1: He's sending a little message zero four, thank you zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. We'll talk to Marney very shortly. A bathroom etiquet, bathroom divorce.
Speaker 6: Where we're going, Jay, not as sure where we're going, James, thank you, Hi, James, good morning, Good morning to you.
Speaker 1: James in Adelaide A little.
Speaker 21: Yeah, tiny said birthday. I've always been referred to as a fifth beetle.
Speaker 6: Is that would be I'm going to say a young Sutcliffe?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I yeah, personal young, but they didn't think it was that young.
Speaker 1: Twenty one years are only twenty one when he died back in sixty two, Stuart Sutcliffe.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and apparently he left him to do painting.
Speaker 29: I read.
Speaker 6: Well at twenty one years of age. He probably wasn't too sure what he wanted to do. I guess at twenty one, who does the idea of leaving the Beatles? I think they were called the Silver Beatles back then.
Speaker 21: Silver, I reader something that it wasn't play was similar to Beatles, but not exactly like the beetle, was a few words different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, silver Beatles.
Speaker 6: They were known as a Silver Beatles, so there was there was a John, there was Paul, there was George, plus ste and drummer Pete Best in those days.
Speaker 21: Imagine, yeah, imagine if you know obviously lived longer and yeah, what he would have been today.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, but he never really lived, sadly, and only twenty one when he passed away in sixty two, So we never really saw them, you know, you get to the phenomenal heights that they did just a few years later.
Speaker 21: And surprisingly enough, Tony only found out probably about five years ago.
Speaker 1: About him, about stud about Stuart.
Speaker 13: Yeah, never knew.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and I'm sure there's people listening right how that probably never never knew about it until today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe you could well be right, James, thank you for that. Joan, good morning, Yes, Joan, Hello, don't tell me good the phones crook again?
Speaker 1: Have we hellow?
Speaker 16: Joan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, good morning morning.
Speaker 20: A couple of things. I just want to say all my best to David of.
Speaker 1: Thrill to hear from you.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you know, I think they're in his family. I hope they're all Okay. I think of him every day, me and my husband, So just all the best to him and Tony. Can you believe these cult and.
Speaker 1: Supporters can I believe them.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm looking I'm looking at I'm looking at one right now, Joan, Jay the other side of the glass.
Speaker 1: What should we say to him?
Speaker 20: Say, stick with your stick with your team, don't go burning your scars and your membership and all that.
Speaker 26: You've got to.
Speaker 20: Stick with him through a thick and thin Tony.
Speaker 1: What do you do? There was a bit on the news I think, where people some of those carlt and supporters over the weekend were a bit twisted, and they were, and even they showed this great picture this little kid who looked to me just devastated, might have been six, seven or eight years of age, and he was crying for his beloved blues.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that was sad, And I mean, you've got to stick with them, dee whiz. You know, if I gave up on Essen and all the time, I'd never get anywhere.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, Very true, Joan.
Speaker 10: I've been a fan of Carlton since I was about seven or eight years of age, and I've never left them, and I have never left a game early. And I think that's a major thing to take on board if you're a fan of a team, even if they're going through a bad patch. Short, they're losing.
Speaker 1: You always stayed on the end to stick with them, exactly, I do.
Speaker 29: So.
Speaker 20: Yeah, anyway, you had a nice weekend. It sounds like meeting up with your friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fantastic, Joan. I'm going to write a book about it.
Speaker 6: Was a wonderful It was a wonderful. It was a wonderful experience just to sit and chat with people that most of which I had not really met before, only very casually too, So to spend some time over a really nice glass of wine was gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Great experience.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: The beautiful Emerald Hotel was fantastic.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, we're going there this week.
Speaker 1: Well that's the one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the one. So I give my love to everybody there. Andy and He's a phenomenal team there. At the end of they do a great job, family business and they've been doing it for a long time.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we're looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: It's good fun.
Speaker 6: Okay, see it will talk soon if you'd like to be part of the program. One double three six nine three is a telephone number. Jimmy morning, Yes, jim Hi.
Speaker 28: Go ahead, played good morning too. I heard you were doing songs or themes that go for a long time. The ones I'm going to mention have probably been mentioned already. I don't know what was mentioned because it does stop. So it was the theme from Chase mentioned or the Jove Bunny mixes?
Speaker 1: No, the jive Bunny. Yes, no, nobody's mentioned have Bunny.
Speaker 28: Okay, that's good. I thought they might have been mentioned. Okay, Tony, I must speak to you a bit later in the morning. You and Jay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Good on your jive Bunny. We should play a bit of Jive Bundy a bit later on Jay, did you see that little kid that was crying on the Telly Carlton support It was devastating. You said, you've never left the ground before the end of the game. It's going really bad. I did it once really on the friday prior to the eighty eight Grand Final. Yes, I had interviewed the then coach John Nordy, so Melbourne into the Grand Final up against Hawthorne.
Speaker 6: We got absolutely flowed, absolutely so a couple of mates and we said we're out of here halftime. This was just dreadful. It was demoralizing. I'd interviewed him on the program at six PR and Perth. I beg your pardon at three BA in Bellarat because he was a Bellerte boy. Johnny North this swoop, as he's much affectionately known, had him on the program We're all set to go. I was so excited I actually went and resigned. Oh the day before, I said, that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm done. Now we're gonna win a win of a Grand final.
Speaker 6: Love resigned. Woke up on a Sunday morning thinking whether I don't I have no Grand final and no job.
Speaker 1: Awkward, let's do this.
Speaker 6: Where we're going now, we're just going to do a feeling of different studio. So I'm all over the show. Where we go We're a break and then money Lishman bathroom divorce. If you love your partner but find the bathroom habits irritating, unfortunate expression, you're certainly not alone. We'll find out more about that in just a moment. The bathroom divorce can be a thing and we'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you why. The other side of this on Australia Overnight, Oh maney.
Speaker 3: Or love this, have a listen.
Speaker 1: Anything by the.
Speaker 30: Mac you know, think a lot, you know and I can get the work.
Speaker 1: Mary Elishman.
Speaker 6: He is a health and community psychologist and just a lovely person. The bathroom divorce money Leishman, thank you for staying up nice and late.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 25: How are we.
Speaker 6: Well given the circumstances of the world tested, I got to say, but we.
Speaker 1: Won't come back to that in just a moment.
Speaker 6: I love that little piece that we read maybe a few days ago, now the time for the bathroom divorce.
Speaker 1: It made me laugh. And then I discussed it with.
Speaker 6: Some people over the weekend, the bathroom divorce, and they said, oh, no, that makes sense. It's a thing.
Speaker 14: It's a thing.
Speaker 25: It's a thing. And I think whenever things are on a social media and they're trending, then it's definitely a thing, isn't it.
Speaker 6: So just explain for those that may not have seen that, to just explain the idea of it, about the frustration that many have about maybe a partner's or family members bathroom. It sounds a bit naughty, but I don't think it is quite that naughty.
Speaker 25: It's definitely not the naughty parts of it. It's actually the more irritating, discussing parts of it. And I think I think a lot of couples get into conflict for a variety of reasons. We know relationships breakdown for a myriad of reasons, but the bathroom divorce is more about having separate bathroom spaces to avoid conflict. So it might be different toilets in the house that you know each partner uses, yeah, and a totally different bathroom space because a lot of people have different personal habits, and a lot of people have different hygiene preferences. And as you can imagine, if you're sharing a toilet, a sink, a mirror, and a shower, it can be quite irritating kind of other people's behaviors.
Speaker 6: Grew up in a house. When I say grew up, I was married in a house, wife, two daughters.
Speaker 1: How do you think that works out?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 9: Poor you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 25: Or poor then maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, they would probably say the same, I love them all, but o MG, in the.
Speaker 25: Bathrooms exactly exactly. And you know, there are so many different behaviors that I think we all talk about, don't we that is really irritating. It might be leaving the toilet seed up. It might be leaving kind of hair in the sink, or squeezing the toothpaste. You know, at the beginning and not at the end.
Speaker 31: Don't start.
Speaker 14: But these little.
Speaker 25: Things, particularly when we communicate to others that we don't like them and they don't listen. It just gets repeated every day. Can build up, can't it, And it could, amongst other things in a relationship, actually contribute to a relationship breakdown. So it's worth talking about, I think.
Speaker 1: And I think when you're talking about bathroom you can almost move that into the laundry as well. Why do you why do you leave the clothes on the bathroom.
Speaker 6: Floor when you know that they need to be Why don't you move them into Why is it the expectation that mum and dad or somebody else in they use do it into.
Speaker 25: The laundry exactly. And there's also that kind of self absorption. I think we see it a lot with teenagers, but a lot of grown adults do it as well, where they're actually not thinking about everybody else, you know, who's going to be using the bathroom after them. They'll leave towels on the floor, not change toilet rolls, you know.
Speaker 26: Leaving make up.
Speaker 25: You know, a lot of women leave makeup all in the sink.
Speaker 26: There's a lot of things that we do that.
Speaker 25: Is very ego centric almost, and we're not really respecting other people in the house, And that's kind of almost symbolize some of those behaviors that you're not thinking of others.
Speaker 1: Mary. The toilet roll paper from the front down or from the back down.
Speaker 25: It's the front down, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Of course it is.
Speaker 6: Of course it is, which just wrong, it's really wrong. In fact, anybody who does it that way it should be imprisoned.
Speaker 13: Exactly.
Speaker 25: But I'm sure a lot of people would argue argue with you on that, but it is very subjective.
Speaker 1: Isn't it change the laws? They should go to.
Speaker 25: Prison, exactly, They need to be banned. Yeah, that's the material.
Speaker 3: It definitely is a thing you go to.
Speaker 6: These beautiful, beautiful homes, display homes and things, and those of us that maybe didn't have the luxury of some of those gorgeous bathrooms that are now available where you could have you have three people in the shower, you have two or three beautiful thinks, lots of mirror space, lots of heating.
Speaker 1: Different world. That's not the world that most of us up in though.
Speaker 25: Well no, no, and I think you know in many houses people only they only have one bathroom, So yeah, I really, you know, it is about having those boundaries, isn't it. And really it really comes down to communication. I think you've got to be able to let people, particularly if you're in a partnership with someone, you need to let them know how you feel about things, why you're feeling like that, and what type of behavior needs to change for you not to feel like that. And I think if the other person's not respecting it, then there's there's something deeper there going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something far deeper.
Speaker 6: We'll take some calls on a bathroom habits and bathroom divorces, which I just thinking itself, is a very funny and interesting expression. Bathroom divorce is one double three six nine to three, Maddy. While we've got you here, given what's unfolded recently and certainly yesterday, I think it happened around about ten o'clock. We saw the news first up yesterday morning, Sunday morning, where the was taking place in Iran and what's leading up to that and the world in general at the moment. It's you would have seen no doubt that people have anxiety levels that have skyrocketed, certainly in the last twelve or eighteen months.
Speaker 25: Yeah, definitely, definitely. I think it's been skyrocking for years. I think people are just absorbing the global crisis because and it feels like it's just one after another, doesn't it. And the thing is, we can literally see we literally can see walk, can't we and every crisis and tragedy playing out at the end of our fingertips almost, you know, and it's happening in real time. So I think a lot of us are absorbing it, but we feel very much connected to it, very different to probably fifty years ago when you read a newspaper and the event had happened, you know, like a week or so after we've before we've read it. There's almost a disconnection there, whereas now we're actually absorbing at all in real time. And I think our brain at some level, yes, it feels so real that it's happening to us right now.
Speaker 1: We went.
Speaker 6: For a cup of coffee a little cafe not far away from we were living from Berwick. So you get in there and you're sort of sitting there and you're having a cup of coffee in a bite.
Speaker 1: Two week and we're sitting there chatting.
Speaker 6: We looked around and on around the tables. There would have been maybe I'm thinking one three and four might have been four other tables being used. Each of the four tables had two people on them. Of the five tables, including ours, four of them, all of them on the other four tables were sitting opposite each other looking at their phones. Yeah, found that really remarkable. And it's only, you know, ten o'clock on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Morning, not engaging at all, but all on their phones, paying the bill, walking up looking at their phones while they were paying the bill, walking out of the cafe, looking at their phones.
Speaker 25: Yes, yes, yes, it's conditioning us for us not to be without it, isn't it Like it's all we look at, but which is kind of a dangerous thing. And the thing about I guess, connecting to what we're talking about, we're looking at our phones and where we're engaging with that, and there's also these world events happening, is that our brain is almost tuned in to look for the negative and the bad things and scary things and the fearful things in our environment. So that's why we tend to almost doom scroll without even thinking. So we're constantly looking at the bad stuff, often more than the good stuff, because our brain's tuned in for that but we've got to watch. We have to really be careful because if we end up in distress and our anxiety skyrocketing and we end up depressed as a result of everything we're absorbed, we're not going to be able to help. We can't. We'll have to hide away, and that's not going to be very beneficial for anyone.
Speaker 6: The other thing that happened to me over the weekend, and just to wrap this up because I thought it was an interesting experience, there was a person that we walk into a particular place, and I won't name.
Speaker 1: The person, but it was somebody that I knew who fell down, who had a trip and fell down.
Speaker 6: Now, fortunately I was just behind this person, so I was able to hold this person steady to make sure that they were okay. Well, so they were still on the ground, retrieved a walking stick, but there were.
Speaker 1: People walking past. Nobody helped. One eventually did, but nobody helped.
Speaker 6: And I found that I thought about it for some time afterwards, and I thought that was really indicative of well, I'm not too sure.
Speaker 25: What yeah exactly. I mean, there is a concept, psychological kind of concept called a bystander effect, and before mobiles were around, I think we're so distracted with our mobiles we probably don't even see half the things that are going on anyway.
Speaker 20: But yeah, there is a.
Speaker 25: Concept where people won't go and help people. They'll just kind of stand back and kind of wait for the first person to do something. Yeah, it's interesting behavior, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Look at all these texts, I love the show.
Speaker 6: There is one here that says, agree with you and money about going to prison on how the toilet roll paper.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you said an idea, and I don't want to put you into this yet with you, but it's very very funny.
Speaker 6: Young son left a pile of toilet rolls on the floor his bathroom.
Speaker 1: His bathroom. Now it's our bathroom. Money. Thank you for staying up nice and it's always good to talk. We'll build again soon.
Speaker 6: By Maney Liishman, Health and community psychologist.
Speaker 1: It is Australia overnight.
Speaker 32: Yeah, this runs for a bed eight minutes Oregon Donna Summer with bab Strives in enough Gold.
Speaker 3: Up not.
Speaker 33: If you have your feel at the check pad there, you can't do it.
Speaker 3: Tell Mester, just.
Speaker 18: Get upper house, thank you, saying on Sully enough just look at in the Shine, Can't Can't go on No.
Speaker 3: Long?
Speaker 18: Falling out that Door, Last Dreams.
Speaker 1: It was such a brilliant production on many many levels.
Speaker 6: I mean, you look at the great voice that was done the summer anyway, and look at this Barbra Streisan, who at a time just showed phenomenal versatility. Probably not necessarily a rock pop icon in that sense, but when you add all that into her extraordinary body of work, it's hard to dismiss it if you would ever think that that was an even a possibility. One double, three, six nine three In the text line I'll get to some of them. There are too many humble apologies. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three Donna Summer Barbara Strine a eleven minutes.
Speaker 1: Thank you, David love the show. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Another one says agree with you about the prison. Yes, that should be the rule of toilets that wash and blow dry Bruno maybe one day or.
Speaker 1: Although having said that, oh no, I can't do that on air.
Speaker 6: Dave Clark's Time Musical premiered at the Dominion Theater, London, London. Starr In Cliff Richard and Sir Lawrence Olivier, the world Premier of Time musical is held at the Dominion Top text Mate, thank You, the Dominion Theater in London, where it ran for two years. Time featured two tracks, in My Defense and Time, which Freddie Mercury recorded and were included were included Just having a Look We heard. Cast album did not appear in the musical itself, except a special charity performance fourteenth of April nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: What did you say, Break? Did you say? No?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I was just helping you. Oh, thank you, Thank you, LeeAnne, Good morning to you were Leanne, Hello.
Speaker 23: Good morning morning.
Speaker 34: I had I have some long songs for you, long songs fire okay, also barn By craft Work.
Speaker 6: And a few people. The few people said that through craftwork.
Speaker 27: Yes, the end by the doors is eleven point four three, which one the end by the doors.
Speaker 1: I've got to get more into the doors.
Speaker 6: People tell me that I missed something during the sixties with the doors.
Speaker 27: Yes, and no, you have and you haven't. Some songs are good.
Speaker 6: I mean, Writers on the Storm was a phenomenal purse.
Speaker 1: It's a great piece of rock music history.
Speaker 23: I like Roadhouse Blues.
Speaker 6: Another one, but after that, I'm not too sure that I can instantly think of one.
Speaker 27: Okay, I've got a couple more songs. Tubular Bells by Night.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I Reckon that was the founder of Virgin. I Reckon that was his first I Reckon that was his first album on that made him a squillion dollars on that Virgin label.
Speaker 27: My dad had it. And I've also got loved to Love Your Baby by Donna Summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah she is some great social she was. She was an incredible artist, Donna Summer, wasn't she?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 23: She was.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I like I Love to Love your Baby. It's a good song. Also there was I was a rolling Stone. There was a few by Bob Dylan as well, but I didn't want to go too far.
Speaker 1: Were you going along beautifully? How was your weekend?
Speaker 27: I had a dinner party last night, a DP you hosted.
Speaker 6: I hosted and cooked everything from scratch or go through the menu briefly.
Speaker 27: Gallic corns in cast iron pots. Then we had lightly crumb chicken breast that had lemon ze throat baked with baked zucchini, sweet potato, chapped potatoes, capsicum, red onions and tomatoes with herb ins herbs, fresh herbs in the oil all over it. And then I made, and that had a yogurt accompaniment which was lemon and parsley in it, and it was Chira massou with and then netpresso coffee.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. When's the next one?
Speaker 35: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Did you ever go to one of those dinner party things that they were called a You know, when you'd go from house to house, so you'd have the first course at house number one, then you go to the second house for a second course. Main course would be third house. Dessert and drinks might be at the fourth house.
Speaker 20: Never.
Speaker 3: Never did.
Speaker 27: The people that came to dinner last night, she looked after night. She was one of the ladies that looked after my animals. So I invited her and a husband for that was the reward for you know, the payment basically for looking after my babies while I was away. Nice id Yeah, yeah, everyone got something.
Speaker 6: Well, Lee, and we'll all come up there to Minya. It will be at the next one, all right. For how many people do you reckon? You could cater at one hundred.
Speaker 9: But I think.
Speaker 13: Good.
Speaker 1: Thanks one, no one under lea.
Speaker 6: That's funny, thank you, one double three six nine three. We're talking about typewriters. Given the typewriters are painted by Christopher Latham, no relation to back in eighteen sixty eight. So it occurred to me the typewriters, it would be people listening right now that somewhere sometimes learned how to type.
Speaker 1: Now we take it for granted. Those of us that aren't really typists can still think we can type now, because we do all that sort of stuff on our phones infinitely more often than you would have sat down at one of those big typewriters.
Speaker 6: The question about that is where did you learn to type? And that one here says it's oh one here ending in seven seven one says can you just blow that up?
Speaker 1: Or that is blown up?
Speaker 6: I did shorthand typing in year eleven at school. Back in nineteen sixty nine tone I went to the here's the name, the homes Business College for one year. People in Victoria, I reckon would remember that the Homes Business College. Got a job at the T and G, which is a corner of Collins and Russell. January of nineteen seventy. We had manual typewriters and I worked in the agency admin.
Speaker 1: Then we went very up market with IBM typewriters, and I was in charge of the typing pool until October seven, nineteen eighty. What a career from sixty nine seventy right through the nineteen age so good, ten eleven years. Came home from work October seven, had my first baby on the eighth of October, two months prem Janet.
Speaker 6: What a great story. The Homes Business College. What about those business colleges that you would have learned those sort of things.
Speaker 1: And I think remember last year we spoke about there was a there was a great school. I think it was in Melbourne when they were national. I think I'm going to say it was Susan Johnson, Susan Johnson where young ladies we'd go to Susan Johnson for a training on what to wear, how to wear it and of like a semi modeling course one double three, six, nine to three. Will do this? Come back your cause the other side, Susan Johnson.
Speaker 6: Look at this was founded in nineteen seventy nine, has been at the forefront of delivering confidence and we all need a bit of confidence. Jay, you and I could still go there because they're still around. Image development model training. See you're young enough and gorgeous enough to be a model.
Speaker 1: You could do that.
Speaker 6: Susan Johnson are renowned throughout Australia as superior quality training programs that really do make a difference. Today, they're more committed than ever to producing results of the graduates through high caliber training courses, exclusive after course assistance programs. So if you could do the girls modeling and makeup parties, you could do women's image development courses, you could do male image development courses, female finishing courses. What was a feet what would what would you do with a finishing course? No, that was That's probably how much I feel too female finishing and modeling causes.
Speaker 3: Across too many lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a.
Speaker 6: There was a very popular school at a girlfriend who left me and went to a place in Switzerland, to a so called finishing school in Switzerland. Went to Switzerland, never heard saw of her again, never finished. Well maybe I don't know, but it was a really interesting thing. This is now seventy seventy three, seventy four. I'm thinking to a Swiss finishing school, very famous Swiss finishing school. And I was in my head it probably had you know how to set a table, do play settings at a dining table? In my head, but I have no.
Speaker 3: Idea what they did there would have been back in the old days, wasn't.
Speaker 1: I hang, I'm not that old digger the ser come here and I'll smag you around. Yeah, thank you? One, double three six nine three? Where were we going?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Let's take some calls. Where are we up to? Nathan? Hello? Just a quickie Hello Nathan morning?
Speaker 13: Okay, Tony here?
Speaker 1: Are you really well? Thank you for asking him? Well? What about yourself? Are you happy and smiling? Nathan?
Speaker 13: Yes, I'm happy. Colin We've got Colin won.
Speaker 1: What about those Maggie's mate jees? Are looking good? Nathan?
Speaker 36: And what do you think about the coach of Carlton if they're going to get rid of him?
Speaker 28: What you do you.
Speaker 6: Think the coach of Carlton? Yeah, well, let me go back to the passionate Carlton supporter at this stage. Do you look at the coach? No, keep the coach, Keep the coach. I say, keep the coach. We've gone through too many coaches and look.
Speaker 1: Too many coaches and hasn't worked out. Well. What about the assistant? Could you say? The assistant coaches and coaches need to have a bit of a dn M. They got to step up assistant coaches.
Speaker 13: And are you talking about songs long songs, Yeah, long ones, the best by Tina Turner.
Speaker 1: Simply the best.
Speaker 36: Yeah, goes to five, it goes over five minutes.
Speaker 13: That's my favorite song.
Speaker 1: I'm really impressed with people have remembered the length of a particular song.
Speaker 3: It's great and I.
Speaker 36: Just want to have say cherry to everybody. I'm not thinking of I'm thinking of David as well from very old about what he's going through. Yeah, I was thinking of him as well.
Speaker 1: Very good on you. That's very kind of you know, than there's a lot of people in that world that are going through a pretty tough time.
Speaker 36: Did Melbourne win know over the way ten we had a.
Speaker 1: Buye fortunately, so we're by Melbourne standards. That's a win, I thought, yeah, yeah. So we're back there next week.
Speaker 36: And I'm going to the cart and Colin will game that I'm on the fourth.
Speaker 1: What a match that'll be.
Speaker 6: That will be a ripping competition just because of the history between those two clubs. Nathan always good to chat. Thank you, Maxie Greensboro morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, Maxie.
Speaker 12: So the goes for a long time. He's got eleven minutes that kissed me by the Zeppelin Graffiti album.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Yeah, how good was the Zepp How good was Zeppelin back in the day in the late sixties into the seventies.
Speaker 1: Zeppelin one, two, three, four and five.
Speaker 12: This is a physical graff.
Speaker 1: Physical graffiti. What an album? Good good on your MAXI thank you for that great reminder. Leo on the road again. How was the weekend?
Speaker 7: Very slow? But then again, it's winter, so.
Speaker 1: You expect that, so you put it down the winter.
Speaker 7: Definitely. Every year about this time it goes really slow. You've got winter, and you've got that tax time. If you're not doing well the ordering and that sort of thing, you're worried about how much you have to pay on your tax.
Speaker 1: From a business point of view, yes, so.
Speaker 7: And people still go out if it's a special occasion like a weddings, et cetera, and so on, but that's about it. It's I mean, I'll get a lot of people going out to birthdays, but not that many people going out for just to go out. And plus it is cold, cold.
Speaker 1: But it's winter.
Speaker 6: People know it's wind it surely you reckon, but that impacts on people's social behavior, social routine.
Speaker 7: Well, if you're looking about going out. You look outside about two three in the afternoon, and if it's part of a nice day, people think Noel'll stay in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well myself, yeah, well, I've got to say this time of the year, I can happily do that too. We had plans at one stage you go to Pran Market and then after watching watching the Insiders and then the announcement.
Speaker 1: Just to the the end of.
Speaker 6: Insiders, I thought, you know, I think I'm going to stay here and just absorb what happens over the next few hours.
Speaker 7: Now exactly last time in some areas we've had we got down to one. So but it was but I mean, I've got a few things done. At least I went to a friend's birthday party on Saturday and went to work after that. Was good. At least I get, you know, I just accepted that this is the way it is this time of year.
Speaker 6: We should do a segment a regular basis, you know, with you Leah about things about which people are talking.
Speaker 1: In the back of their uber.
Speaker 6: Okay, things about which people are speaking in the back of the uber one double three six nine three, and make some notes topics things that are discussed in the back of the uber and if you.
Speaker 1: Need to, if you send pictures you.
Speaker 7: Are clean ones.
Speaker 6: Well you know we're an adult audience. Yes, we're an adult audience. I'll bet there are some interesting things I can't imagine you. So it's about taxation. So people as do they say, well, we're not doing too much because we're really concerned about our tax.
Speaker 7: Not directly none, but like I said, I picked up already three people tonight. They were coming home from woo Worth doing their yearly audited What at at Woolworth's from the willers Eat stores are doing their audits. Yeah, this is the time of year they do.
Speaker 1: Their audit yeap, which would be massive.
Speaker 7: It is be massive, yes, because every stores but whatever one thousand items, by how many by how many boxes, how many singles? And this is the time of year gros clean holes came up and wo worse and this is the time they want to make sure the underneath were absolutely spotless. Noo can snow packets of chips or anything that's under there. And we used to go through and like literally we'll find to cod to make sure it was that at least one of them a couple of nights would be completely done. That's yeah, and but yeah, and that's basically.
Speaker 1: That'd be a tough little job, wouldn't it.
Speaker 13: It was?
Speaker 7: But I mean if you normally, what I'd do is you're supposed to do every single week, every single hole. But if you do two three at night, there's not a problem. But when you have to do the whole store again and again, it got a bit tiring.
Speaker 1: Well, it would be really like just a bit dull and boring.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you know, you just you get in the momentum and let's say you do it.
Speaker 1: It'll take your word on that.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Also, my wife she was a stenographer.
Speaker 1: Oh really, where did she learn?
Speaker 23: You remember?
Speaker 7: No, we can do a course, but I also did a finishing course which caused a lot of in the house. For example, we had eleven different types of knives, seven forks, and eight spoons, and I was always bringing the wrong one.
Speaker 1: What so that was a kitchen divorce? You reckon?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: That is fantastic.
Speaker 1: You sound a little brighter and happier, okajion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's getting closer to.
Speaker 1: The universal passing, which would be one year. Yeah, my goodness, whiz it around the.
Speaker 7: House, don't help I mean, I was a bit down earlier, because when I'm down, it doesn't last more than a couple of hours, probably maximum three hours, but usually after an hour I'm starting picking up. But just before I left for work, I looked down, I saw her the certificate I had to bring for the ashes when I went through customs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, Leo, we'll talk more about that as we get closer to that anniversary. I'm sure you look after yourself and won't talk. So if you're sending you thank you for that. If you're sending a text, look at these wonderful texts. I'll get to them in just a moment. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. Great question here, This one in particular, says Tony mc.
Speaker 1: That girlfriend that I went to Switzerland a sack of a Kerr girl or a Coraler girl.
Speaker 6: I can't say, Graham, I really can't say.
Speaker 4: Now, this is a Stradio Open Eyes with Tony McManus.
Speaker 3: Good on you, Alex.
Speaker 1: In the newsroom. It's a big welcome to the six PR listeners. Harvey Deagan has jumped into the vehicle of choice, probably wrapped with a hawthorn football scarf around his neck. I would think this time of the year, well done Harvey for remember when part of the six PR team for many a year and Katie Katie his executive producer. Gee, they've been working together for a long time.
Speaker 6: So for six PR listeners, you can jump on board with us, come part of it. Australia Overnight Tony McManus one double three six nine three, one double three six nine three for the text line zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. Oh, I should say for six PR listeners, just your usual talkback number, which is one double three eight eighty two.
Speaker 1: It's pretty easy.
Speaker 6: One double three eight eighty two. Anything you want to raise on the program? Was she from Finland?
Speaker 1: Rob? No, she wasn't. Thank you, thank you that. I'm not too sure where the connection is.
Speaker 6: I just happened to mention in the funny how people grasp something by the shortened curlies, where I said this was a girl friend who went to a school in Switzerland, went to this school in Switzerland. Then we never saw her again. I often think of her. What would have happened to her in Switzerland? Was it all about just learning to do?
Speaker 1: What? In Switzerland? Would you how to speak?
Speaker 6: How to Curtsey, I have no idea why you would go to a finishing school in Switzerland, but apparently at the time that was a bit of the go.
Speaker 1: Stenographers. We've been talking about stenographers. Look at this, Leo says, two hundred and twenty five to three hundred words a minute, up to one hundred and eight thousand words for eight hours.
Speaker 6: Gee, you'd have to be really good at doing that sort of work, wouldn't you. The only Briton we mentioned that is typewriters were invented on this day. The typewritere, well, not invented necessarily, but certainly patented by Christopher Latham Mark's great great great grandfather in the USA back in eighteen sixty eight, the painter of the type Pride. So there would be many people we're talking about Susan Johnson schools around Victoria. I'm sure there would have been very similar versions of it too in South Australia and in.
Speaker 1: WA in those days.
Speaker 6: Where you would have learned Susan Johnson here in Melbourne Training Organization, but then where you would.
Speaker 1: Have learned to type and deportment schools for young ladies back in the day.
Speaker 6: Where did you go if you went. How important were they and what was the what did you do after that?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 6: Double three six nine three K, Good morning, per Ferntree.
Speaker 1: Gully morning, hid weather.
Speaker 2: It's a lot warmer to night than it was last night because like we did, deduct about three two or three degrees from the city temperature overnight and tonight it's really quite mild compared to what it was last night.
Speaker 1: It's interesting about the weather.
Speaker 6: We seem. You and I have been around for a few years, K and I say that we've great.
Speaker 2: I think I've been around a bit longer.
Speaker 1: Well, you may be surprised about that, kay, Well, I was born in forty seven. You pit me by a little bit.
Speaker 6: The point of that story is that even an oh, we're still mismerized by what happens in winter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well sort of living up here as well.
Speaker 16: Yeah, of course I love it and everything.
Speaker 2: But it does get really cold, but didn't get in summer. It gets pretty hot as well, So I like it up here. I've moved up here as my husband who now passed away, like yeah, twelve years ago, and yeah, I'll just stayed here ever since I met Oh, I've got a stay for too much longer because my troubles could have gone up down the stairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, as I can. So would you think about it? And if you if you were to go somewhere or move into another sort of a property, what do you think? What have you thought about?
Speaker 2: I really don't know, because I like it here.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I've got quite a.
Speaker 2: Good view over the city from my balcony and I see Cooko bars every day. Yeah, so it's sort of in the neighbors up here are really nice. I'm in like a court area, so very nice neighbors, and I'm just hanging here as long as I can. I don't know where i'd go.
Speaker 1: Would you would you be would you be in a position to sell move into something a bit smaller that didn't require stairs.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's probably still.
Speaker 1: In that area.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just still sort of cogitating on that, to be honest. But the main reason I sort of rang I went to Susan Johnson years ago. No, No, I was living in Blacksburn and you know, close to box Hill, and it was a finishing course and you sort of did you make up in your walking and care and all that sort of stuff. I really loved it, and also that I went to Stop Business College in the city to learn to do speed typing the old plug and course switchboards and also shorthand.
Speaker 1: Okay that was Stop Shorthand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had a stop at glenn Ferry as well. I went to the one in the city within Swanson Street.
Speaker 1: That's the one I remember in Swanston Street.
Speaker 23: Stots Yeah, Stots.
Speaker 2: Dotch One more Things a long song that I absolutely love. It's the album version of the sweets Love is like oxygen.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yes, yes, is brilliant.
Speaker 2: And actually tiny. I heard heard it first on three AW I think when I could have been pre to I think, and they played it and I thought that is absolutely beautiful. So I looked it up and then I sort of fell in love with a tweet.
Speaker 13: To be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course all over again. So who would have played Who would have played it before? Tony Moakley, Keith McGowan, surely not. The peer might have been Yeah, it might have been Alan. He would have done it Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 2: Really his name Andrew McClaren.
Speaker 6: Andrew was sitting in because Andrew, of course as the co host these days.
Speaker 1: I remember when on three o W with Simon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he was doing it for a while. So and then, of course I used to listen to Keith mcga one years ago. But yeah, so I've listened for a long time.
Speaker 6: Well, are you caught up with Keith's wife, Angela on the weekend?
Speaker 2: I remember Angela?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Andrew was having a birthday on the weekend and she's only she's only think I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember Keith used to talk to Crystal Lord Meadows and instead of it's just.
Speaker 1: Like medication time, medication Dan, he was, he was just he was just brilliant.
Speaker 6: Keith and I actually shared with Angela on Saturday afternoon at the meeting that we had at the Emerald.
Speaker 1: And I said, you know, he was in fantastic form and.
Speaker 6: When I went through a bit of a lull in terms of what I wanted to do, and he ended up going up and doing the breakfast showing Cairns. One of the first people, if not the first person on the phone was Keith.
Speaker 2: Wow, you've been around you'd well, well, it probably sounds like that, not really, but it probably.
Speaker 1: Sounds like that.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 13: Let you go.
Speaker 1: And okay, it's always good to talk to you. Thank you for being part of the program.
Speaker 2: You need to listen to that silence.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got another one up the sleeve. And I just said to Jay, let's see we can find it, and he said, I've never heard of it. I'll give you a clue. Yeah, I'll give you a clue. It goes for about eighteen minutes. Excuse me.
Speaker 3: A cough.
Speaker 6: Goes for about eighteen minutes. Yeah, and it features the words and they all moved up the bench.
Speaker 2: Oh don't know about that one. It's going to be the album move and that's the long one of the.
Speaker 9: Love.
Speaker 7: Its beautiful.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, excuse me, keep listening. Yeah, I will coughing something for forgive me. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: We do for a break? Okay, we might do it. Excuse me.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that's about. I do a quick break and come back to the other side. You know that song that I mentioned to you, Jay, that goes for about eighteen minutes. You said, well, I've never heard it. So I'm just reading some of the lyrics and it refers to Officer Obie, don't play only because it goes for about eighteen minutes. And you can imagine the emails you would receive. I'll get away with it. You would be you'd be in strive. Obi said he was making sure, and friends, Obi was because he took out the toilet seat so I couldn't.
Speaker 6: Hit myself over the head and drown. That's not the best part of the path that I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: The lyrics is when he uses that words Obie looked and the scene the eye dog when twenty seven eight ten colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one looked at the c and I dog and twenty seven eight x ten glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and the paragraph on the back of each one began to cry.
Speaker 6: It's just a cleverly written piece. But the great line in there is when he declared that he was in there in the prison for litter and all the other prisoners moved away from him because he was only in there for glittering.
Speaker 1: Back in the time the song is you watch the text line.
Speaker 6: I won't mention the song, but people will know that great line to do with littering one double three six nine three is the number. But for those of you on text zero four double seven six nine three six nine three and then we might play a little bit of it. If we played eighteen minutes. We've been a whole lot of strife, but it is just a fantastic piece key Kira, good morning.
Speaker 3: I had to look.
Speaker 1: I had to look at the screen twice to make sure it was you.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Hey Tony.
Speaker 25: How are you well?
Speaker 1: More importantly, Kira, what about you? I've got a shocking throat. But apart from that, how are you?
Speaker 9: You need some golden flue chat?
Speaker 1: But oh I need more than that, Coira, I think I need you.
Speaker 6: I think I think I need a shot of that whiskey to David's me.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, I think I'll have a couple of those on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: What's happening for you on Tuesday? Just bring us up to date.
Speaker 9: I hit the route of sixty six on Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Good and happy birthday, many happy returns for Tuesday. That's tomorrow Tuesday.
Speaker 9: No no, no, no, no, today yeah tom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Today, Today's Monday. Today's Monday, so tomorrow Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I'm going to ring up and get you to play a nice birthday.
Speaker 1: I promise you. I will do that very happily for you. Work, Carara, Just bring us up to date you're in, You're how are you feeling, how are you're traveling.
Speaker 9: I've got some good news to tell. I'm not doing the same too much to my birthday when I hit sixty six. I've got good news for you and Jay and every all the other listeners. It's really good news.
Speaker 1: Fantasy word. Pleased to hear that.
Speaker 9: Caira, Yeah, Tony, today I've got to go to Peter mccolln. That's all right, it's still going to be good news.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I've got a busy week. Today I go and see the Titanic and on Friday night. I just went to the show the other night, Tony. Anthony Klea. Friday night, I've got the countdown one. So if you see Billy canaw me? Mate, you come along. There's plenty of tickets for sale, Tony, you're over ball.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, well, Billy, Billy. I don't know whether Billy's going or not. Where is it here?
Speaker 9: Yes, Frank Sinansen and Brian Maddis. Is there quite a few. I got the front row, Tony. My mate was on Facebook the other day the other night there like like Wilbur Wild and all that, and I don't know how they did it, but they did it somehow.
Speaker 1: They got his number, sorry, got whose number, Wilbur Wild.
Speaker 9: They got his number on face that they rang up. I thought it was a prank and that and they got him and they said, this is Wilbwold speak, and who was this? You know? This is people I know that did it. They said, shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 6: Well, will will is pretty smart. Let me tell you, he'll manage that. It's not when people do that, it never makes sense to me. But Willie all will manage that.
Speaker 9: I did it, Tony, I've got no idea because I know them well what I'm sixty six, probably fifty years and they wouldn't tell me something that's not. Whether it is or not, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So just so I'm clear about that. So somebody published a private phone number.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, And I told him not to.
Speaker 6: As I always say, here's the thing, here's the rule of thumb where possible, here's the code. Don't be a dick.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I told him. I said, you shouldn't even know what's good for you. If you did, I buy that. I'm glad. I hope you hadn't. But then I'm off to another show on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Night, don't you, you little dirty stop out? Good girl, good girl, you.
Speaker 9: Think some much? All might as well when I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're feeling well enough to do it? Why would you not?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Should He told me that when I was young?
Speaker 1: Exactly right, Kurra.
Speaker 6: It's good to hear from you, and make sure you call it on the Tuesday morning for the brecky for the birthday, and we'll have a big conversation about about all sorts of things for your sixty sixth. Good on you, Graham spot On, Absolutely right. This is the song to which I referred. Another one says lots of them coming in now, Graham, you're right, text ending in three nine six is correct, but it's not the person who sang it. I don't know who you've mentioned Errol there anyway, I digress, So lots of text about that. So we might play a little bit very shortly. David, have you landed? You're still in Darwin?
Speaker 37: No, I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: Different David.
Speaker 37: Hello, David, Yeah, I live on My place is near David who wrote that beautiful.
Speaker 1: Intro to your Yeah, he wrote the lyrics, and then it's the opening song that we use for the program. It's wonderful indeed.
Speaker 37: And I'd like to compliment you on it. I actually make sure i'm listening to you before midnight so that I can hear that, because that's so moving, the way it's the words that have written, but also the way you introduce yourself during that part of the times you speak. It's just beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's just really, that's very nice of you, David. Some people get a little cross because I actually speak through it.
Speaker 37: But so I've recorded it a couple of times because it's just so beautiful, and I've listened to it during the day sometimes just that clip.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's very kind of you, David.
Speaker 37: Beautifully the way you allowed some of the thericks to go and then you come in with your deep voice and it's great. It's really good.
Speaker 1: That's very kind.
Speaker 12: You're welcome.
Speaker 37: Happy birthday to Cara, and hope all goes well with her with her health issues. I wanted to ring you. I thought I had to ring you because I've got a couple of points to bring up.
Speaker 1: Please do.
Speaker 37: With Susan Johnson.
Speaker 12: Oh yes, Now I didn't go there because I'm a guy.
Speaker 37: But you're not allowed to say that these days. My mother and sister both went there in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, really, Mud.
Speaker 37: Was forty six, sister was sixteen, and in year eleven I think at school at Sindle Tech, and they had to go for the dinner and they got their certificates and awards and all that sort of stuff, and I remember my mother was a fuming before she went it would Bill said he was going to style of head and he cut it all off the.
Speaker 1: Short really really.
Speaker 37: Yeah, absolutely well.
Speaker 1: Did I tell you that I spoke to the Great Edward Bill and his family about four or five six weeks ago on the phone, and it was one of the great joys that I've had all year, was to speak to the great man on the phone. I'd love to get him on one morning. Health may not necessarily allow for that at this stage, but the plan is to have him on the program at some point.
Speaker 37: Oh, that would be great. I used to have to go I think I had to sell on and tour I can he did. Back in the day, the ladies had their wigs and Mom would take the end of the three wigs in her head on her shoulders, and on this occasion he gave her a He just cut it off. He said, no, I'm going to do it for this evening, for this season Johnson presentation. And she wasn't happy.
Speaker 1: She went back to in I'll bet she did so. Wasn't it lovely that both mother and daughter did that little program together?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 37: Yeah, well I've got another one for you as well. Further to that, which I know this my interest you in a way. My current partner's sister went to the Frenching school in Switzerland.
Speaker 1: No, now do you know the name of it?
Speaker 37: No, But what I can do is I'll be speaking to her tomorrow. I can find out the name of it. And she went in roughly I think it was around nineteen seventy four, I've been told. And she was either fifteen or sixteen, and she went to Ivanhoe girl's grandma of course, and yet her parents said her over there, and she did the a few months.
Speaker 6: Over there, I think it was at least a few months, at least a few.
Speaker 37: Months, and came back and yeah, yeah, everything tidy, the table and Nils preped and all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think there was probably various version. It was a bit like the William Anglis School over there for those interested in catering and hospitality. I think that was sort of the one designated for that, which was my recollection was it was based in Switzerland as well, but then there was one primarily for a young women to learn a heightened sense of social etiquette, is my understanding, but I might be completely.
Speaker 1: Wrong about that.
Speaker 37: That's right, different to your situation. She was with her boyfriend at the time and he went to Ironhod Boys and they were together when she went over there, when they came she came back, they still together and their marriage still to this day, I think for.
Speaker 1: A fantastic ago fantastic.
Speaker 37: And then further than that, in eight I sent my then girlfriend who was my wife at the time became my wife. I sent her to Helena abbacat modeling squad.
Speaker 1: Now was that in Melbourne?
Speaker 37: Yeah, it was light Season Johnston, but it was her opposition, I suppose you call it. And I sent my partner there in nine eighty eight when she was twenty two.
Speaker 1: And where was that? Where was that shop or story Colin st.
Speaker 37: Yeah, yeah, and they did the same thing where they had a oh this was a Saturday afternoon sort of just a teen thing. It wasn't a dinner like the season Johnson one d but it still cost me a bit of coin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what have it?
Speaker 6: Was of that stuff was what's the word it was? There was a cost to a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, David, it's great to talk to you. Thank you very much for being part of the program and keep in touch cause when you.
Speaker 16: Like and you.
Speaker 37: Doing a great job.
Speaker 6: It's very kind of you to say, David, thank you. Our telephone number is one double three six nine three. The cough forgive me is just there in the back of the throat, one double three, six nine three.
Speaker 1: This is a it's a funny thing. It's a lingering a couple of days off. You might remember a couple of weeks ago, but it just lingers. So just for whatever reason, I keep saying to people at home, don't make me laugh, because when they make you laugh, that's when you cough.
Speaker 6: Which is crazy. So it just it just lingers there. It's not there all the time. All of a sudden you have this coughing fit. Oh it's great getting a bit older, isn't it. Lots of text which is marvelous. Did I say that Swiss that finishing school in Switzerland? Did I say it was called Winiam Manglis? Wasn't called Winiam Mangliss. Of course that was locally. But there's a great, very famous Swiss catering school in I'm sure with Switzerland anyway, somebody remind me one double three six nine three. We'll take some calls the other side. Look at all these people. Keeler goes out more than most of us. Yes, probably lucky ducks. He is lots of memories about the so called restaurant that are ringing through.
Speaker 1: Thank you. The singer was can anybody remember?
Speaker 6: And it was Low You're right, Ello, Guthrie, thank you. We might play a little bit the other side. It is a wonderful piece.
Speaker 1: And guess what, Jay's never heard it.
Speaker 6: Thank you to all those people sending texts through Rob you are correct, textending in three nine six. Spot on textending in six three seven, world done you textending in three nine six. Another one also correct. Graham, you're right, Stevie right. Evey goes on forever.
Speaker 1: Tommy, be good to hear from you. You don't call it as often as you did. I wish you would. There was also the June Dally Watkins School in New South Wales was excellent. What's that text up there?
Speaker 6: Just bring that up a little bit if you can Jay down the bottom the June Dali Watkins. The next one June Dali Watkins and it was excellent. Text ending in four four two, Thank you Yes. Used to talk to on the program from time to time. June Dally Watkins.
Speaker 3: She was a face.
Speaker 1: She was just wonderful to get her on.
Speaker 6: She had this lovely mannerism of talking about, you know, style and etiquette, and that's what she did. Dedicated her life, did shorthand and typing at Zirco's Business College, Flint District. We think it was in Flindus Street. Thank you, text ending in seven it's from Karen and Tony. Did that girlfriend I mentioned that earlier? Did that girlfriend who went to Switzerland? Sacred cur or Coral? I drove past her Sacred cur and korle Well certainly Sacred cur on Burke Road on Saturday afternoon after driving driving back from the city from South Melbourne, came down to Wadletree Road. Hadn't been down the for a long time. There's lots of people, lots of shops and things. Used to have a dentist there, gone Keith. Now you were going to say, tell us a little story about the great Keith McGown.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Look, look, I don't want to appear a hog, but I rang earlier that Greg Evans, and Greg introduced me to Keith McGowan in the nineties and Angela and I went, and what triggered it when you said, because my wife was only speaking to Anie because she's moved back from Perth Ye and McGowan used to come up to our farm and he is the most intelligent man. I used to say, got your grumpy you know anyway, but he's just he read endlessly. He lived in the apartment or you know, we lived in Alexander Parade that we've all dog boxed up there. But he used to come up and we wash his car and he had a blue falcony. Then he bought a duel capting that. He was a fantastic bake McGown and it's just so different. And I think by gathering a lot of the listeners are still were listening to mcgalen. And but he died in thirteen I think it was. And yeah, but he was just a very very intelligent man. You could just have he'd knock off on the fire. ANGELI straight up to the farm and we had a farm in Alexandra and.
Speaker 1: What what were you going up there? Case?
Speaker 13: We were beef breathers of commercial I had six hundred acres of there and we read first grade commercial care. So angus, we used.
Speaker 1: To go beautiful for how many years?
Speaker 13: And how many years? We loved farming for thirty years? You know that wasn't my primary job. I actually you're a Melbourne supporter. Yeah, well I I started my working life with Ian Ridley and I just had lunch with Barry Burke two weeks ago the dealerships there in Berry he does he.
Speaker 1: Does, I drive past a regular passon.
Speaker 13: Drive ray differin and yeah, we were. We were reminiscing about the old days because I started work with Ian and Barry in the sixties. So so I'm a fair eight. Well we're all sort of eighty ish, but will Ane passed away of us. But yeah, so when you talked about mcgowran, he's one of those guys who if you met McGowan, you never forgotten McGowan, if that makes sense. And it looks another really close friends.
Speaker 16: He ran.
Speaker 13: I'm in the actually in hospital at the moment, but is Mike Brady. He rang me and tonight. He rings me every second day.
Speaker 1: He's a good man.
Speaker 16: Michael Brady, he's another bloke.
Speaker 13: He's an underrated songwriter for a better word. People would be amazed at what he's actually written. That goes to it, and I'm sure you wouldn't know. And you know the commercials he's written been some of the being.
Speaker 1: Well, it's pretty well documented. He's done a lot of work, hasn't he.
Speaker 13: Yeah, But I just when you when you mentioned that you went out, look when you see and I just Keith assure mat from the farm anyway, But as I said, my wife spoke to her. It must have been a couple of months once you made back a couple of months ago.
Speaker 16: The time it was.
Speaker 6: It was lovely to spend a bit of time with her on Saturday afternoon, Keith. Just finally, the great Barry Burke here. Does he spend much time in the dealerships these days?
Speaker 13: No, Barry's only one man and his son Darren, who played for Saint Kilda. He runs the operation. Now that he's huge. He's got thirteen dealerships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's a it's a great business.
Speaker 13: Do you did you ever meet Barry?
Speaker 25: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't. I mean when he was I was a kid really when he was doing the rounds along with Ridley and those great names and brass, but they were such important and very well known names for those that for the Melbourne footy club.
Speaker 13: Well, well, Barry is the ultimate gentleman. Unfortunately, very just like some of these guys later with Barry's just had a toe roomoved, you know, like as a result like a football injuries.
Speaker 23: Barry.
Speaker 13: You know, Barry's had a lot of trouble with his feet. As I said, look, I work from sixty nine and Ray Diffon and I just can't think Noel McMahon.
Speaker 1: He was some great names, some wonderful names. They're just fantastic.
Speaker 28: Yeah.
Speaker 13: But I just just when you mentioned Angel and I brought it all back because she's a lovely lady.
Speaker 1: She's a lovely lady.
Speaker 6: Keith, keep in touch and if you're talking about part of my very very best tell him I'm coming down to buy a range Rover before I die, Keith, thank you. Tony mack Luke Boner had the chair for a while after Keith. Oh that's right, he did too, Tony Moclair recently, and then of course he then I think tone Luke then went and there was a whole team of people. Wasn't there before Tony mocleay recently went to Triple M.
Speaker 1: Is it right now?
Speaker 6: Tony Mockley has not gone to Triple M, so I'm not too sure that was anyway. Thank you for that great text there, but certainly Luke Boner had the chair for a little while after Keith looking after the overnight program.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably right. Maggie morning, oh, good morning, good morning, miss Meggie.
Speaker 38: Yeah, yeah, before I get to the incredibly amazing mission thirty seven now mission of those jets into Iran, reports Lee, I'd like to pose a question to you. You have had a persistent call for some while, is that right?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Since so probably coming up to the best of probably three weeks now.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, well, you.
Speaker 38: Look, there must be something happening, because I've bustled our mind is going on for months and in recent times you'd be amazed. I've been on the phone to perhaps of celestitor in medical people and others, and I've had a cot and it's been for me lingering for months, but with me also inclusive of nasal congestion. Whether it's Ryan Knight's night.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I think you're probably right about that, and I even thought at one stage a couple of weeks ago might have been COVID tested for COVID and all the other things that you get now three in one on those tests. Nothing absolutely negative. Thank you, Maggie. Always good to hear your beautiful voice. All part of Australia overnight. It'll be interesting in terms of how this bombing in Iran unfolded and there's going to be all sorts of commentary about it, not even twenty four hours.
Speaker 6: Later, and how it happened, how was structured, and depending on how you see these things, I guess experts in battle will be mesmerized by it. So little bits and pieces, and one's got to be careful when you read all this is to what's real, what's genuine, what is.
Speaker 1: Which is accurate and stuff that's just made up.
Speaker 6: But some of the bits and pieces I was reading about the US employing decoys that had F twenty twos, F thirty fives and F sixteen fighters sweeping ahead at high altitude and speed while using high speed suppression weapons and pre empty fires against potential Iranian surface to wear threats. Military officials warned that American forces throughout Iraq, Syria, and the Gulf fully postured to respond to any Iranian retaliation or proxy attacks, which they characterized.
Speaker 1: As incredibly poor choice for Iranian firefighters took off. Surface to air missile systems.
Speaker 6: Failed to detect the incoming American aircraft throughout the entire mission. Entire mission, allowing US forces to maintain the element of surprise. Element of surprise. There it is from entry to exit. That's just a prasie of a piece not long published, but it is an intriguing time, intriguing time for each and everyone.
Speaker 1: We'll do some calls.
Speaker 6: One double three six' nine three is the telephone number we. Mentioned got to play a little little?
Speaker 1: Piece can we do a little? Piece we were going to pick it up from for this great piece of music that goes for about eighteen. Minutes now we won't do the whole, lot but it'll just remind, PEOPLE i, think and it's got a lot of airplay at the. Time is my. Recollection many people would have even had the. Album you never hear it. Anymore it's never.
Speaker 6: Played, WELL i shouldn't say, never it probably, is but you never get to hear it On you're not going to listen to this and in this entirety On GOLD, FM i would have, thought but this will be a reminder of the great r low you got three son Of.
Speaker 33: The song is Called Alice's. Restaurant it's About alice.
Speaker 15: And the.
Speaker 33: Restaurant But Alice's restaurant is not the name of the. Restaurant that's just the name of the. Song and that's WHY i call the Song Alice's. Restaurant you can't get anything you won't That alice's. Restaurant you can get anything you won't at a restauran walk ride. In it's a rind the, bank just half a mile from the railroad. Train you can get anything you walked At alices. Restaurant that all started Two thanksgivings of goals on two years ago On thanksgiving when my friend AND i went up to Visit alice at the. Restaurant But adelyst doesn't live in the. Restaurant she lives in the church nearby the, restaurant in the bell tower where her Husband ray and the botch of The dog and living in the bell tre like that they got a lot of room downstairs where the pews used to, be and having all that room seeen as how they took out all the, fews they decided that they didn't have to take out their garbage for a long. Time we got up, there we found all the garbage in, there and we decided it be a friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city. Dump so we took the half a ton the, garbage put it in the back of a RED vw, microbus took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and heading on toward the city. Dump, well we got there into the big sign and a chain across the dump saying closed On, thanksgiving and we had never heard of a dump closed On thanksgiving, Before and with tears in our, eyes we drove off into the sunset looking for another place to put the. Garbage we didn't find one until it came to a side, road and off the side of the side road was another fifteen foot, cliff and at the bottom of the cliff was another pile of, garbage and we decided that one big pile is better than two little, piles and rather than bring that one, up we decided to throw ours. Down that's what we, did drove back to the, church had A thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be, beat went to sleep and didn't get up until the next morning when we got a.
Speaker 39: Phone Cof Off serobi, said, kid we found your name on an envelope at the bottom of half a ton of garbage and just wanted to know if you had any information about.
Speaker 33: It AND i, said, yes, sir officer over cannot tell a. LIE i put that invelope under that. Garbage after speaking over it for about forty five minutes on the, telephone we finally arrived at the truth of the matter and said that we had to go down and pick up the garbage and also had to go down and speak to him at the police officer. Station so we got in the RED bw micro bus with the shovels and rakes and inplements of, destruction headed on toward the police officer. Station, now, friends there was only one or two things That obie could have done at the police, station and the first was that it could have given us a medal for being so brave and honest on the, telephone which wasn't very likely and we didn't expect. It another thing was that it could have balled us out and told us never to be seen driving garbage around for senter to, again which is what we. Expected but when we got to the police officer, station there was the third possibility that we hadn't even counted, upon and we was both immediately arrested and. Cuffed AND i, Said, ohbi you don't THINK i can pick up the garbage with the handcuffs?
Speaker 1: On shut, up, kid and it goes.
Speaker 6: On if you haven't heard that for a long, time it is just a wonderful piece piece By Hallo. Guthrie Hello, guthrie a son of the legendary Wood He. Gothrie, Kid i'm gonna put you in a cell and watch a wallet and your belt And, NOBI i can't understand what my, wallet SO i don't have any money to spend the Cell and it just was brilliantly crafted and. Written and to do that live as he clearly, Did i'm assuming that was done live because you get the audience in the.
Speaker 1: Background but The i'm just looking for the great. Line we're all the, other all the other people in.
Speaker 6: Prison when he declared that he was only in there for, glittering they all moved away and the great, line and then they all moved away up the bench.
Speaker 1: BECAUSE i was only in here for. Littering it is a wonderful piece and my recollection is and people Like.
Speaker 6: Greg evans and others would know whether or not how much of any airtime that song got in the sixties early part of the. Seventies you're shaking your. Head you've never heard.
Speaker 3: It you have heard of. It my mum's my mum name name Was. Alice she may have.
Speaker 6: She would have or people would have sung that two years. Ago you can get anything you want At.
Speaker 1: Alice's, restaurant Excepting. Alice it was a great. Line it Is Australia. Overnight you never know where we go On Australia, overnight and we've just gone. There when you think over the, years the plethora said the right. Word plethora of.
Speaker 6: Wonderful characters known as police Detectives dix often referred to, us sometimes As dix never knew what they, meant often referred to As pi's quite often great characters roles as a detective shows.
Speaker 1: Want your nomination for your favorite? Wonderuble three six nine Three now this Is.
Speaker 4: Australia Overen eyes With tony McManus.
Speaker 1: The GREAT tv Series, Colombo.
Speaker 16: What a.
Speaker 1: Show peter Hawk us actor starred in The, colombo THE tv detective. Series he was eighty three when he passed, away so the anniversary of his passing his death is today in twenty.
Speaker 6: Eleven twenty, eleven he, Died but what an actor and the character of that show was created By Richard levinson And William link and it was so called inverted detective story format off Sometimes i've referred to as a you, know how catch?
Speaker 1: Them how catch?
Speaker 6: Them the genre begins by showing the commission of the crime and its, perpetrator and the plot therefore usually.
Speaker 1: Has a who done? It so that who done?
Speaker 6: It feel determining which are the several suspects committed the. Crime the series homicide suspects her off and affluent, members so the affluent members.
Speaker 1: Of the high, society if you. Like that was off of the theme led to.
Speaker 6: Some critics to see it as a class conflict as an element in each.
Speaker 1: Story, HOWEVER i Digress columbo's circumstantial. Speech well it was, circumstantial wasn't? It and that in parent parent, ineptitude what a great, word. Ineptitude don't be.
Speaker 6: Deceived they became increased unsettled as his superficially pestering behavior teases out incriminating, evidence relentless approach off at least to a self incrimination or outright, confession which it. Was and SO i put it out there at the just before the news and, said, look when you think about those great detective shows that you AND i probably watched a lot of and grew up. With the music was done by that piece of music we played was done By Henry. Mancini if you don't, MIND i Think Mike post also did a whole lot of music for THOSE abc series at the, TIME Abc American Broadcasting. Company what was intriguing about it is that we fell in love with the, character and SO i put out there just before those favorite sort of detective shows that you AND i grew up. With, Coincidentally maxi jumps on straight away and Says Tony Mack and this is even BEFORE i Mentioned. Colombo my favorite detective had to Be. Colombo also loved Those Miss maples all those years. Ago now the one Says TOBBY. B, Hello TOBBY b, says what About gaddy and the wonderful shurl in which PRESUMABLY i think Was mattlock wasn't. It it's interesting those Great crawford productions, too when you look At, Homicide division four And mattlock one on, seven one on, nine one on.
Speaker 1: Ten all put together By.
Speaker 6: Crawford, COINCIDENTALLY i happened to be having an incredible conversation On saturday with a person who during that time worked At Crawford's No, Names No, petrol and the point was made, that of, course in those DAYS x amount of material had to Be Australian australian, production so you Had homicide at, Seven division four at, nine sometime, Later mattlock with the three majors in that, Genre channel, Oh channel, ten and, then of, course so the story.
Speaker 1: Goes Mister packer then said To, Gavin, oh you know this is. Ridiculous on paying twenty seven dollars an episode For division, four twenty seven thousand.
Speaker 6: Dollars have they made money out of? That i'm not too, sure but they apparently they did At. Crawford's so Mister packer then speaks to The.
Speaker 1: Cave and, says we're twenty seven thousand not Making you, know this is silly WHEN i can buy two episodes of different programs in The United states for a total of sixteen carsand. Dollars so the government, said, oh, okay Mister, packer it's probably a good. Idea then you do what you want to, do and the rest is a.
Speaker 6: History and therefore we had that reduction of some of those, great Certainly crawford productions during those. Years, HOWEVER i digress one double, three six nine, three those wonderful detective series and programs that we watched over the. Years what's the one that instantly jumps to mind for? You one double, three six nine, Three Hardy, Morning Good.
Speaker 23: Morning Came, back and And jay you mentioned all my, favorite of, course but there are others Like jack Lordvo.
Speaker 1: It was was a, monster wasn't? It and what a Theme policewoman With ange.
Speaker 23: And Miami Vice Don johnson and the streets Of San.
Speaker 1: Francisco what About Donnie johnson with those? Suits what was that? About do you THINK.
Speaker 23: I was just the trend of the vice? Squad do you KNOW i know.
Speaker 1: Where he had those fabulous suits where he'd roll up his, sleeves of those gorgeous linen.
Speaker 23: Suits well years ago in the, seventies the yearest A Straying victorian couples used to dress like. That, too and they used to drive Old. Valiants, yeah BUT.
Speaker 1: I don't think. THEY i don't. THINK i don't think they were rolling up their sleeves of their suits like.
Speaker 3: That were they.
Speaker 23: Did the White Shirts.
Speaker 1: Don johnson?
Speaker 3: Driving they?
Speaker 1: Did they drove Old, valiants they.
Speaker 23: Did you're, right yeah they. Did but they are unmarked WITH yea and they go pay chars and all sorts of. Things so H. R.
Speaker 1: Holden, yes The valiant which would have been the fore runner to what one of?
Speaker 6: Valiance would they be a long time before the ves and the. Vcs there there was a regal there, Was, yeah there was.
Speaker 1: Long but.
Speaker 6: Long but charger never appeared in an episode of, homicide would?
Speaker 23: IT i Didn't matt lock points BECAUSE i ordered for my friend later on For matt lockeds which is the charge of the marked. Voice go with the one one light and one.
Speaker 1: Siren do what do you did the first charger? Arrived do you?
Speaker 6: Remember somebody'll tell us one double three six nine three the year the first charger out of.
Speaker 3: They were?
Speaker 1: BUILT i think they were built In South. Australia weren't they At.
Speaker 23: Chrysler i'm not, sure but they've been around for a long time and the, engine was it two four five two six five?
Speaker 1: Hemming those they? Did those are two four five's were a ripper?
Speaker 23: Motor, yeah really good stronge. CARS i think that my bike cries or some of? Them what about this all longest a, lot pretty long? Song the injury in the blockhead and hit me with your, rhythms.
Speaker 6: Stick hit me with your, rhythms, ing hit, me hit, me hit. Me well done you some great memories, There, addie you're always on the. Boil thank you for that one double three six nine Three. Ye we'll take some more calls the other side of the. Chuck if you'd like to be part of, it you can send your text through as. Well we love the text message zero four double seven six nine three six nine. THREE I a should actually checked emails during the, chuck which is overnights at three aw dot com dot a. Jay because of your affection for The, chuck you would put The chuck on the list of great crime, fighters wouldn't?
Speaker 3: You of, Course, toddy of course it is the. Greatest so if you.
Speaker 1: Had colombo working for you or The, chuck who do you think is going to fare the?
Speaker 3: Better?
Speaker 10: Well stop talking in that ridiculous. Voice Considering colombo had one. Eye at Least Chicken man had two. Eyes very good point good.
Speaker 3: Points, hey so he could, yes well that, sure look out one, eye you.
Speaker 13: Know.
Speaker 6: Half sometimes we throw questions out for the audience to, consider do we like? It when they Consider it's like the OLD tv program called Consider Your, Verdict.
Speaker 3: Good considering going?
Speaker 1: On you wouldn't even remember THAT tv.
Speaker 3: Show that's past me.
Speaker 1: TOO i might be getting too old for this.
Speaker 6: PROGRAM i turn out all this stuff that people remember and it gets lost on.
Speaker 1: Many we might have to target.
Speaker 6: It we may only discuss things in the future that have only taken place in the last decade fifty. Years just be a bit more modern last fifty. Years, No i'm thinking in the last ten.
Speaker 1: Years just to be relevant to the, younger cooler.
Speaker 3: Listener it's twenty.
Speaker 1: Fifteen to attract the new listener to THREE aw and five DOUBLE a and SIX. Pr that's fair enough bringing the new, breed bring in the young cool.
Speaker 6: Kids don't talk About, mannix for, example or or great programs Like, Columbo get A Tony.
Speaker 1: Macker what About mannix And Roger moore And Tony curtis in The?
Speaker 6: Professionals what A tv show that? Was and before them the team The, Champions love The. Champions that was really a bit interesting when you think about.
Speaker 1: It it was really sort OF i don't. Know they almost had this tell me If i'm right about. This they had sort of weird secret powers that, right it was up. There they could do things that many human beings couldn't.
Speaker 20: Do.
Speaker 6: Jerry The Great champions had a really good opening theme as. Well when we come back out your, calls tell us about your favorites over the. Years we need some calls one double three six'. Nine three.
Speaker 1: Those great detectives and pis and secret agents that we'd had over. The years we're forming a list and we love. A list Here on, australia overnight just reading some. TEXTS here i.
Speaker 6: Was About twelve tony MAC when i first Moved. To adelaide my first TIME, seeing tv first time seeing. THE television i remember private detective Show called Randall and Hopkirk Anyone Bulah bulla Randall. And hopkirk they were working. A case one of them, was murdered his partner. Very depressed all of, a sudden his partner appeared as a ghost and the show went on. Solving cases because one had an inside look into the lives of. The guilty very. Interesting show no one seems to. Remember it that's From gen Randall.
Speaker 1: AND hopkirk i think It was randall AND hop i think this show was Actually called Randall and. Hopkirk deceased who? Started it?
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 1: It was who? Started it go back back.
Speaker 6: Back back there Ready is british Private Detective mike Pratt And, kenneth cope respective of the Private Detectives Jeff Randall marty hopkirk series are Created By dennis spooner and Produced By monty burm and broadcast in sixty nine and seventy so lasted a couple. Of Years The, united states it was given The Title my Partner, and ghosts so it was changed ever. So Slightly but Randall and hopkirk just vaguely.
Speaker 1: Remember it not too SURE that i ever.
Speaker 6: Watched it but, the plot the plot. SOUNDS intriguing a couple of quick calls Here gave portland.
Speaker 1: Morning good there, you.
Speaker 23: Go sensational THAT'S what i Got for Starsky.
Speaker 6: And hutch Starsky and hutch during the seventies were as big as you were eavy to get in terms OF a tv, detective program and the.
Speaker 40: OTHER one.
Speaker 6: I, don't know do we really take maximut that was. A comedy do we Really Think mark max was a Real faired ingham? Crime fighter, not really but it was a, crime fighter.
Speaker 1: It was but it was a. Great show we still.
Speaker 3: Love it Next.
Speaker 1: To seinfeld you got, to say it's up there with a couple of. The greatest ah, for sure very and it's it's one of those shows where people can repeat the Lines.
Speaker 12: From, max yes and some of the things, you did it was just, like, really yeah.
Speaker 1: That's right it.
Speaker 6: Was crazy and people will always tell Lines. About seinfeld everybody can quote a Line, from SEINFELD but, I mean i don't know how many people quote a Line From mkhale's navy.
Speaker 1: For, example yes that was.
Speaker 3: What We Love.
Speaker 1: Mikhale's navy what a cast.
Speaker 37: That was when you think about a, NUMBER one I Just jack.
Speaker 6: Kojack was because, people say over, THE years i don't know whether you like, this job but people THINK that i look a Bit. Like, kojack OKAY so I do i suck on, Those, lollipops gav, Thank you but people SAY that I have i have an air Of the kojak. ABOUT me i think it's probably to do with. A haircut more, Than, anything gavin?
Speaker 1: Thank you why are?
Speaker 15: You?
Speaker 1: Laughing jay have you ever seen a Picture?
Speaker 15: Of?
Speaker 3: Kojak No but i'm thinking he looks. Very demure what what are?
Speaker 15: You what?
Speaker 1: An actor want to perform a very very cool sucking on his on. His lollipop Put in kojack and? See what so you've never seen a picture of kojak okojj that's sim look.
Speaker 3: At, him yes.
Speaker 1: Very good looking blake really and he even wears he even wears. A, hat yes nice.
Speaker 3: Powdered lips there.
Speaker 25: What what?
Speaker 1: Powdered lips and he's great saying?
Speaker 14: Was?
Speaker 3: What, sorry no you've lost me on that on the sayings who loves? Your?
Speaker 1: Baby tells who loves? Your baby.
Speaker 3: That's?
Speaker 1: Going back did HE have i got? That wrong did he ever? Record anything did He Did telly savalas ever record? A song.
Speaker 3: Let me find out for You co?
Speaker 1: Jack Song, that no that's the that's.
Speaker 6: The theme you'd have to Look At, telli Servalis not, Kojack Song telly. Savalas song whether HE recorded.
Speaker 1: I have a funny feeling, he DID but i can't remember what.
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: Maybe not oh, that's right he, did too? Thank you so it wasn't that. Far away he did a great version The bread song for picture paints a. Thousand words then WHY can't i?
Speaker 3: Paint?
Speaker 1: You sure that? Was him leave, it there will take some calls and then. Play It, Maxie, Morning.
Speaker 16: Jane maxie to check you one For Their.
Speaker 7: New tricks.
Speaker 1: Fabulous Show, new tricks? Wasn't it it was very cleverly written and a. Wonderful, cast yeah very.
Speaker 12: The original cast than they wanted to go over at the end the original.
Speaker 6: Year it was the original set was just was really powerful and we. Loved him and then it did shift once they Replaced a capple.
Speaker 16: The.
Speaker 12: SECOND one i was thinking It Was. Perry, mason, Well see.
Speaker 1: Perry, was great but he was he was more that, that legal that courtroom drama as opposed to a. Crime fight.
Speaker 6: And although he had A detective i think who worked, for him who was Just, CALLED paul, i think wasn't he always wore a cream suit?
Speaker 14: In court?
Speaker 1: It is and so and what was What was perry's? Executive assistant.
Speaker 9: What was?
Speaker 3: Her Name perry.
Speaker 1: MASON'S secretary i haven't seen it for a number. Of years she was, lovely too and he had the most utmost regard and she's very very fond of.
Speaker 3: Each, OTHER yeah.
Speaker 12: I now always went.
Speaker 9: To court.
Speaker 12: He might have been. A, Lawyer.
Speaker 1: Yes perry was a. That's right perry was. A solicitor and he's good looking at, gray haired white suit wearing private detective that did a lot of research, FOR him.
Speaker 6: I think but somebody let. Us, know actually it's good to talk to you on. The Program thanks kabba by one double three six.
Speaker 1: Ninth three we've got to. Do this we'll. Come back we'll go to where are. We going we're going to lots.
Speaker 6: Of places just. The port you've just got it down as. The port we're going to. The port we'll Go to danny in, a Minute and jimmy.
Speaker 1: As well i'll put a gusta. Thank you we'll. Do that it is a.
Speaker 6: Stranger overnight do you look at those WORDS that i think the song was Done by i'm going to say the piece if.
Speaker 1: WHY am i thinking it was by bread? OR anyway. I digress but he.
Speaker 6: Did that, lovely version which got a fair bit of play on radio at the. Time Too telly savalas in that. Beautiful voice we might play a bit. Later on if a picture paints a, thousand words then WHY can't i paint you the words will never Know that i've come. To know and if a face could launch a, thousand ships THEN where i WHERE am i? To go there's no one home, but you and that's all that's left. Me too and when my love for life is running dry and it, goes on you have a, picture piance a. Thousand words.
Speaker 1: Great piece here, We, go jimmy what do you, got morning?
Speaker 28: Good evening you have the song you Mentioned Of. TALLY savalas i have it on an Album Called. Sentimental moment?
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 28: Are you doing? Individual? Detectives nari now you just.
Speaker 1: Fire away you don't have to ask.
Speaker 6: Any questions would you just provide the information to the great Audience.
Speaker 28: Across Australia remember barretta that You, Save, barretta yes, Mission impossible My wife iver and a couple of other. LONG songs i don't know if thou mentioned whole lot, of Love but Amy and Rhepsody. And coin we have the champions and we will.
Speaker 1: Rock You holla holla love by Your, Led zeppelin.
Speaker 28: Yeah By, Lettep on ye. Long song did you see the? News yesterday well.
Speaker 1: You probably got To put Stairway to heaven in there as well as a really.
Speaker 3: Long song, oh.
Speaker 28: Yeah their Way to heaven another great song and the long. Song, Brilliant yesterday tony.
Speaker 16: See the, the news.
Speaker 1: THE news i watched news all day yesterday was it was sad but compelling all of the.
Speaker 28: Same, time Yeah but i'm not talking about. The bombing i'm talking about. The canna they'd had more than one. Nine wives it was Like a Burmese or persian that got stuck In the washington was seen in the watch cycle for a very long time. And survived and the that all. The Miracle nathan COSH from i maybe saw.
Speaker 1: It, too well he'll we'll talk about it because you make sure you're calling Tomorrow Because nathan kosh will be here with us just after. Midnight, tonight, OKAY no i, Thank You jathan.
Speaker 6: Cosh just after midnight to night usually On a. Monday morning but he, was up up. And away i'm not allowed to. Say that that's the, other mob.
Speaker 1: Isn't.
Speaker 4: It uh he, was up up and away and.
Speaker 1: He will be here with us tonight just soon after midnight or whenever, he flies and you'll be. With Us danny port, augusta morning, good morning tell, YOU.
Speaker 22: Mate a couple of a detective fellow crime fighter.
Speaker 7: Detective shows if you want first ONE.
Speaker 6: P i magnum was really really cool at, the time. Was Great and i'm just looking at this, List. Here danny People, remember colombo, of course but the other very famous One was jake And The fat, Man, says jen how good?
Speaker 24: Was?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 7: YEAH really i was also going to Say, Night rider.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was it really for a while captured, the imagination didn't?
Speaker 22: It SIX and i was trying to be reb rebooted a couple.
Speaker 1: Of times, and, Yeah, now danny while you, been talking people are SENDING text a couple of Characters From, perry mason the detective or he's assisted.
Speaker 6: In in terms of doing the groundwork, for him was A p I Called, paul drake and then he had his, executive secretary if, you Like Was. Della Street, della street which you. Saund too you do you even know what we're, Talking.
Speaker 12: ABOUT danny i Know About.
Speaker 22: Perry, Mason yeah miami was a big. Five myself but, you're youngster, you yeah the high?
Speaker 1: That's right? You were would you would you want to remember him then his? Ion, side, SURELY yes i was.
Speaker 22: On the side yet which was the great songs?
Speaker 1: For You and i'll bring you.
Speaker 12: Into the late.
Speaker 22: Twentieth century so there's When The levy Breaks. By zeppelin then there's a song Called One Big brown Beaver by primus what what's It Called Banana's Big brown beaver by a Band, called primers and it go for about six and a.
Speaker 1: Half minutes please don't make, us laugh, You know i'll start. To cough daddy, nice beaver good On Your daanny Ian box, Hill.
Speaker 41: Morning i've beaten the beaten to The Punch teller Street And paul drake.
Speaker 1: Thank, You yeah i'll throw in a couple, of.
Speaker 41: Oldies PLEASE do i went television First Started Highway Patrol roderick corford who would sign off by saying ten. To four and then the other One Was Dragnet, Jack, Webbs Yeah.
Speaker 1: Joe friday how good?
Speaker 6: Was that but that goes back probably that's got to be late fifties early early DAYS of Tv.
Speaker 41: In, australia well television Started in november. FIFTY six i can remember going to my grandma's place And Watching highway patrol and then Later on dragonet.
Speaker 1: Came in where where in which subber which you've lived with a little bit with a black AND White Tv.
Speaker 41: MICHAEL white tv, Seven EH Phillips.
Speaker 1: Tv phillips do you remember The great.
Speaker 6: Phillips TVs we should do a whole segment just one morning about those great brands of TVs in the fifties and. The sixties great to hear, from you so much to talk about in so, Little time and thank you at telephone number if you'd like to join us one double three six nine three one double three six nine three the other side of, the serial which is coming up very shortly zero four double seven six nine three six nine three for. The text and if you happen to be sending, an email you can do that. As well overnights AT three aw dot com, Dot Au.
Speaker 1: Mace Very Mace.
Speaker 6: Tony Great mel brooks turns. Ninety nine This coming sady twenty Eighth.
Speaker 13: Of june.
Speaker 1: He's still. Going strong he's.
Speaker 6: Not wonderful big REASON Why I get smart in fact was such a funny show because it was in fact created By.
Speaker 1: Mel brooks Good. Show Steve thanks Steve From New, South. Wales sydney, in fact when we, come back plenty of time for. Your calls kick that list going those great detective programs that we know. And love Given that The Wonderful peter fawker passed away on this day in twenty Eleven. From colombo he was only. Eighty, Three.
Speaker 3: Alex, Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 1: You alex.
Speaker 4: Now this is a lady Urbanized with.
Speaker 6: Tony mcmaus don't know how many of you have ever in a motorbike or have been long suffering bike riders.
Speaker 1: Or the occasional.
Speaker 6: Bike rider interesting story In the age today talks about. Motorcycle sales it's a lovely piece about a bloke Boy.
Speaker 1: Named brown brown's commitment for life on.
Speaker 6: Two, wheels however isn't being followed by other motor bike market sufferers and post pandemic post pandemic hangover high, interest rates increased cost of living in global economic instability, limiting demands so we've gone off. The bike motorcycle sales revved UP, During covid australian's experienced long waits for a new car sort of adventures home during additional. Border closures, last year there were only, eighty thousand one hundred and ninety, six roadbikes off road bikes and scooter Sold in australia by about sixteen nearly sixteen percent.
Speaker 1: From that.
Speaker 6: Pandemic peak first three months of, this year sales were down by more than three point five percent year. On year legendary Bike Brand harley david's described the sales environment as.
Speaker 1: Among the most challenging in its one hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 6: Year history point of, That is i'd love to throw it open to where THOSE and i don't know how many this time of the morning people were listening that are bike riders or former bike riders or regular.
Speaker 1: Bike riders but if it does you.
Speaker 6: Love to hear, from you, excuse me one double three six nine three is the telephe number one double three six nine three as to how long had you bought a new one or how long since you've swapped? Over bikes given that those sales, are down what do you put that?
Speaker 1: Down to is? It price is it the current?
Speaker 6: MARKETING environment i guess according to the paper that's probably.
Speaker 1: The case let's take some of. These calls Let's go, julian morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning, you remember no one to remember the most common in Newscast Was. Kevin, dennis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's great? Wasn't he?
Speaker 12: That's right he was ON every, tv show was Always Sponsorble kevin dennis? Was Dowing was.
Speaker 1: Dennis at a. Beautiful restaurant is that's, Still there NOT that. I know BUT what i can tell you is The great Normy row is Married to. Kevin's daughter kevin's daughter that they Got married i'm going to say twelve maybe eighteen. Months ago, oh, really.
Speaker 12: No you remember the other two common Brothers Were Siding. Arthur ellis they. Were everywhere remember.
Speaker 1: They were Sid And arthur ellis, were Massive the ellis others MASSIVE and i think they even did ads, commercials together.
Speaker 12: DIDN'T they i Think that jis and my late father may have Bought a valiant his. First car that may have Been. From dustings they Were Around long walk Him And Dinners.
Speaker 1: WELL dustings i remember Being a Bolden Dealer, dustings holden but they probably had other franchises.
Speaker 12: As well now Questions from mark from. THE store a couple of, Car, cars Courtina.
Speaker 1: The, Ford, cortina humber, Beautiful, Car Humber.
Speaker 12: Rutus filman or my mother Had A ford prefect with a. Running, board oh.
Speaker 1: The old prefects, were gorgeous.
Speaker 12: Weren't they then there was an ad that used to go on three a W Called, mini world a company that used to be in the city that used to sell, mini, MINERS remember i do?
Speaker 1: Many were were They On?
Speaker 3: ELIZABETH street i think.
Speaker 12: They were they could be right with all these old, car dealers going back to the first stage when car dealers were.
Speaker 6: In business, they were and they were, so Prolific and i'm thinking there was a. Lot along but certainly motorbike.
Speaker 1: Dealers Were Along elizabeth street.
Speaker 6: AS well i think the bulk of them. Have gone but somebody will tell Me if i'm wrong.
Speaker 12: About, that now you mentioned about early, cooking skills so you, Didn't mention, EMILY McPherson i.
Speaker 1: SHOULD have i. SHOULD have i. SHOULD have i, Should have and thank you for the reminder because mother. Went there my mom Went To Mac momzelle street on. The street i'm going, To say i'm going To say. Latrobe was but somebody will tell us if we've got.
Speaker 12: That wrong.
Speaker 6: Emily McPherson there will be many people listening that at some point either Went To emmy mac to do.
Speaker 1: Some cooking and or dress making during. THAT time i think mom.
Speaker 9: Did.
Speaker 6: Dressmaking emily wonderful Movie With meryl Street called Julia.
Speaker 12: OR jewel i have a Friend called angela and she loved.
Speaker 1: THAT movie I don't i know the FILM but i can't. Remember, It, cooking.
Speaker 12: Oh was a. Wonderful Film merroll street was one of her best Films about julie.
Speaker 1: The cooking she WAS a. Tv, cook yes you must have.
Speaker 12: Think of, dumbsty boiling?
Speaker 1: Were?
Speaker 16: You, oh yes, of, course, yes boiling.
Speaker 12: Of COURSE if i was in hospital a few, years, AGO unfortunately i remember recovering fully and they had a very rare interview With on Free yu Zi Of no Ferrier And mary. Hardy together that's a long long. Time ago i've never heard.
Speaker 28: That again.
Speaker 1: WOULD be i spent some Time on saturday with people that were responsible for the production of, That Program The, Penthouse Club.
Speaker 12: The penthouse club that Was on, channel seven wasn't It With?
Speaker 1: Mary Hardy And mary hardy? Was There ernie sigley sat in for, A While mike williamson sat in for a period, of Time And bill collins.
Speaker 9: Was.
Speaker 12: There, yes well there's a STORY that i to. Know about most of a. Carb Film, we're cooking whether you may not, like It Called The Great Chef who's Killing The great Chefs? Of europe Jacks and Bizette And, George Lake. George siegel that was a, good FILM but.
Speaker 1: I remember but. The Gorgeous jacqueline, bess said how Wonderful Was? Jack well and and.
Speaker 11: She was she's?
Speaker 12: Still alive?
Speaker 1: Is it we'll have, TO check i.
Speaker 16: Think So, robert.
Speaker 12: Morley of course Came to he Came to australia. Many times he was King.
Speaker 1: At mumba remember he did DID a tv, ad too did?
Speaker 12: He not yes Home. Misterss hayes she was super.
Speaker 1: Remember one of course he did SUS and, i think of course.
Speaker 12: My aunt had Hated. Swing todd she just couldn't stand. THE movie i saw Her in London With sheila hancock And dinners quilly and they. Walked out it only lasted three months and had closed. Very quickly she Couldn't Take. Swingy todd you know you've seen.
Speaker 1: The film i'm not SURE that. I have i'm embarrassed. To say about, the pies no anything to do with Colling, with no he.
Speaker 12: Made the pies Out of she made the pies out. Of victims, you know it was one Of Them. Carb STEPHENS sometimes i couldn't understand why he ever thought of making a music or like that about. The, pies.
Speaker 1: Well we CAN do, i mean you could do, a thesis? Couldn't?
Speaker 6: You though when you think, about it about the Fact that julian that he did that he was such an, extraordinary producer writer, and wonderful highly. Revered creator and, yet sometimes like many of, the best he made. Some mistakes that may have been one.
Speaker 12: Of THEM may i asked thank and certainly was. Very Bizarre And jill lancry Plays. On broadway she was Original missus love At the, pie lady and she. WAS brilliant i thought they'd do.
Speaker 1: It Too lansbury lansbury was the original.
Speaker 12: Business lomber she.
Speaker 16: Was extraordinarily could You ask mark what was?
Speaker 12: A citrone i think that Was A.
Speaker 1: Swedish French french Sitan? Was french and what Was? The Humber the Humber? Was british.
Speaker 3: Hillous the Which one.
Speaker 12: Rudeman hill Us?
Speaker 1: The, hillman No the hillman Was the hillman was part Of the, Morris group i'm going, to say and also out OF. The uk but somebody will tell Me if i've got. THAT wrong, i REMEMBER and. I do and he was the person who would go down and work on the front counter at least once.
Speaker 12: A week and He Was north melbourne was he was.
Speaker 1: THE president i Think Of north melbourne for a.
Speaker 12: Long time Was wrong casey.
Speaker 1: Or him i'm going, To say i'm going, to, say oh that's a.
Speaker 6: Great question who came first as President Of North Melbourne ron casey or we'll just do a, double check because that's a great. TRIVIA question I think i think it would have Been. Mister ransett no president president.
Speaker 12: Between the two? For years? Didn't they the father and the son with?
Speaker 1: The, right yes the, other ONE because I Think bob bob grew up and he was pretty much grown Up. In america Wasn't, he okay he played grid isn't he, say again he Played?
Speaker 12: Grid iron didn't?
Speaker 6: HE that i, don't Know but i'm sure he grew up pretty, much primarily and so by definition they were, you know they hadn't spent a lot of, time.
Speaker 1: Together is my understanding.
Speaker 24: In?
Speaker 12: His, NINETIES.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 1: I haven't but would be all? About service was it.
Speaker 12: All about his all about? His life it's a very. Interesting book if you look on, the internet you member to. Get it i've seen it at the op Shop and i've got. One copy i'm just.
Speaker 1: Trying to find that's a really interesting point About The north melbourne. Football club, The president so the first President Was john mcendo way back if we got a list of the, other presidents we'll just. Have, Another no i'm just looking at j jail phoning. For Me North Melbourne. Footy club blah blah blah blah blah. Blah presidents so go down, that list right down. That list seventy five President. Was sutcliffe now that's going back to eighteen, ninety one so we need more recent.
Speaker 3: Than that?
Speaker 1: Seventy one what was?
Speaker 12: Eighty nine remember what do you also remember night football At The South melbourne Oval And philip brady used to talk about. Night golf no one responded to the OTHER call i made previously on where was Night Golf? Albert park was it.
Speaker 1: That again for? The golfers i'd have.
Speaker 6: To know So mister ransett was the president from. Eighty one he was president in. Eighty two just keep going up.
Speaker 1: That list he. Was, President well i'll get to that in just. A moment. Settle pedal so. He was he was president right through to eighty nine and then he was president in. Ninety one keep going ja. Ninety one so when did so as ailet was? Ailet president there? Is that whereas president he was president of THE l i remember because he was A dentist ray.
Speaker 6: Sure was so go back in That list Jay. Before ailett so it Was. Mister Casey So ron casey. Became president dan.
Speaker 1: You go, JA there i got a the. Other Way j bel's the way. Keep going So.
Speaker 6: Mister casey became president in. Ninety one soon after so it became, that role became chair as opposed.
Speaker 1: TO president, i THINK can i make?
Speaker 12: You laugh what ever Happened To? Mark jackson i'm. An individual he did the bar That cre ansidy whenever seas to make. The movies NOBODY has. Checko anymore star of.
Speaker 1: A day an individual or. You won't you won't, fool me and we sort.
Speaker 6: Of did we've got to go lovely to talk to. You today there we'll come to marking in just. A moment one double three six nine Three for australia.
Speaker 1: Every night lots, of text which, is great let's clarify.
Speaker 6: Us said at the, Same time trump begins precision planning and attack with at least some possibility of starting another. Endless, war, forgive. Forgive forgive he calls fifty percent au Steel Tariff star eyes also part Of The roots, arrow range also badged Along With. Sunbeam Arrow The hillman hunter Replaced the Hillman super, minx text ending in two, four five? Thank you what's one?
Speaker 1: Below? That jay don't respond to my questions have reached? Shut eye? THANK you. I will humbab was also part Of the. Roots group was it four twenty one birds baked in? A pie?
Speaker 6: Four hundred how many birds were baked in? The pie four hundred and? Twenty one it's a lot of birds touch? A class Was That george Siegel And?
Speaker 1: Glenda?
Speaker 6: JACKSON yes i think It Was. Lane's Motors lane's Motors In. Exhibition street good morning To Young. Rob lane if you're up, In, running rob be nice to. Catch up at some point was the main Dealer.
Speaker 1: For morris both my nineteen thirty THREE mg j twelve and my nineteen FIFTY four mgtf were Delivered Through. Lane's motors was? That before was that the same Building On? Exhibition street no?
Speaker 6: Longer there recourse where they had them going To say Bens Is mercedes benz was?
Speaker 16: In There?
Speaker 1: Lanes bens was it back in? Those days were they in that?
Speaker 6: Same area Remember the Dick van douk show where? Diagnosis murder yes, we do MAGNUM p i, thank you hope You Well. TONY mack i have TO. Say pj Hashim From, blue heelers looking forward to listening to you right throughout the week of the. Night Shift, Cheers mitchell Mitchell's. IN perth a couple Of Calls Mark east all. Morning morning how was?
Speaker 15: Your?
Speaker 40: Weekend average minus minus? Yesterday morning it's bracing, as nice?
Speaker 3: Isn't it?
Speaker 1: Bracing beautiful get up nice, and early go for. A walk you put a coat on enough, for you go in your in your. Dunlove. VOLLEYS yeah I.
Speaker 40: Heard julian talking about humber snote there was only one thing better than, amber snit.
Speaker 1: One thing Better, than well there. You go you've nailed him on, that one the. Super snipe what a gorgeous animal that was.
Speaker 12: Bold down bold down trays in, the back which.
Speaker 1: Was a poor which was a poor man's rover really in, a way and which was a Poor. Man's jaguar one of our.
Speaker 40: One of our hardware store owners who the, hardware stores. That one he brings it out for a spin from time to till and takes the. Carras shows.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a riveting piece.
Speaker 6: Of information what about the what about the speaking of. HARDWARE stores i thought about this IN the i got to thought about this in the.
Speaker 1: Shower yesterday who was the most hard profile owner of a hardware Store? In Melbourne?
Speaker 40: Ben hollary Who? Be hollarick he's the one that changed All the sunday.
Speaker 1: Trading rule second most second most high profile person who owned a hardware Store? In victoria one double three six nine three one double three six.
Speaker 16: Nine, Three, Now marc.
Speaker 40: I'm putting this are to. THE listeners i need a bit of.
Speaker 1: A hand we're here. To, help.
Speaker 40: Yeah visas we've got a friend coming over and she can only get a.
Speaker 1: He lower? Lower low was this going a lower?
Speaker 23: LOWER low i don't know?
Speaker 16: You anyway this could be Better than.
Speaker 1: Simon's story.
Speaker 7: How is it people can get a twelve month holiday working the hang?
Speaker 1: Hang on settled down to get what's her? First on what's the first? Eventung on? Hang on? Quiet time what's her? FIRST name?
Speaker 7: A leader?
Speaker 1: A leader i'm loving it. So, far wow it.
Speaker 40: Comes From Ashtonal.
Speaker 1: North carolina will will do whatever we need to do to get a visa for. A leader.
Speaker 40: Because we're talking yesterday and she was saying that she can only get an eight week visa. Over here that's that's. Just, ridiculous well.
Speaker 1: We're very we're very selective who we let into.
Speaker 37: This nation, oh, yeah, Right, Okay, india yeah, come in, come in.
Speaker 7: Come in, were nationalizing we're.
Speaker 1: Very selective Since since america's screwed over the rest of, the world we're now very selective who we let.
Speaker 12: In here.
Speaker 40: We're set.
Speaker 1: A leader i'm loving The. Name alda what a. Gorgeous Name so i'm not too sure how those things work. These days, she reckon she can only get eight. Weeks, VISA yeah, i, WAIT hold i HOW would i?
Speaker 40: Visa that, you know every time wants, BORDER security i seem to get a twelve month holiday.
Speaker 1: Working, versa well she applied for a twelve month holiday. Working visa and has she been guaranteed of? Any, work.
Speaker 40: Oh it's plenty of, work here There's always that's NOT what.
Speaker 1: I asked has she been guaranteed of? The work.
Speaker 40: It won't take much of?
Speaker 1: Your, work, well probably she's got to. DOCUMENT that i would imagine she'd have To Document.
Speaker 7: Switcher london all that for a holiday.
Speaker 42: Working, holiday YEAH but I think i would imagine you've got to be sort of of a vintage and be able to document the fact that that's your full intention to be doing some work, for, six eight twelve months or wherever.
Speaker 6: It, Is look i'm not, an EXPERT but i would imagine after some, proof otherwise every every walloper around the world, Will go i'm.
Speaker 1: Over there for. A holiday i'm over there for a. Working, holiday oh, come in stay as long as.
Speaker 40: You like well put.
Speaker 1: It out how's that worked out?
Speaker 20: For?
Speaker 1: Everybody oh.
Speaker 40: Filling my head in at, the moment there's there's chat.
Speaker 13: Of water.
Speaker 1: That's, all well we're going to follow this between You and simon bringing these wonderful people into. Our nation we're going to. Follow this we will now live vicariously through this. Blossoming, romance, yeah yeah, all right not.
Speaker 40: A problem, I, Thanks yeah we'll just see. What happens.
Speaker 1: Now there's, A, story marky. Thank you let's get ready.
Speaker 20: For that.
Speaker 1: Can't wait now that's.
Speaker 6: Going to be from interesting phone calls for the coming coming weeks. And months that's really.
Speaker 1: Excited, Me, chris chris, Good morning.
Speaker 35: Oho Above a. Chris moment sorry Between in russell Step between burton and used To Have bob. Mitchell's Hardware.
Speaker 1: Bob.
Speaker 35: Mitchell's, hardware yeah across the road from the one Of the china is, cheap beet, so Yeah So Bob. Mitchell's yeah so if you're you're bush feet and you look Go Along russell street south on the. East SIDE.
Speaker 1: So i asked the question EARLIER because i said the most highest profile owner of a hardware Store, in melbourne you instantly think, of no because McEwens was the, Store itself but the owner of a, HARDWARE store i couldn't actually.
Speaker 35: TELL you i can't remember if IT'S someone.
Speaker 1: I do know WHAT if i said, To you i'll give you. A clue played a role where his name Was. Just, Dave Yeah, Paul, CRONAN yeah.
Speaker 41: I can't.
Speaker 1: Remember That, Paul cronin i'm sure unless people tell me incorrectly Owned a miter ten and he was famous for running A mit.
Speaker 14: To.
Speaker 35: Ten, yeah yeah we remember a few of them around. THE place I remember i was going to say the, other Day the wednesday Night on Nights with andrew McLaren and the best Looking Blonde. DARREN jones I think andrew was going to pick up the tab for some. Big fun they were going out for dinner. OR something, i, Said well i'm going To ring andrew. This Week, after andrew you can always pay it with some of That leftover. Walton's money you got in Your pocket. Walton's money you remember when says the hobby was out working hard and sift in a week or Two, Before christmas walton's man would roll up in corner of the wife at home and say We were i'll give.
Speaker 17: You, five.
Speaker 12: Yeah you're.
Speaker 35: Very interesting well it was, toughily money but it was actually the buy furniture and, you, know yeah the the husband would hit the roof if you, do that wants money and then you're paying like thirty interest on furniture and. All that we Had a walton's Tent when roy for, many years and except we had The old d's.
Speaker 1: Shot too and Which shot darrod's.
Speaker 35: DOUBT D O W D s y dads something or?
Speaker 1: Something, similar, yeah Good, only chris What did darrod's well take? Some colls What did? Darrod sell does? Anybody know was it just purely?
Speaker 6: Women's wear was an address shot back? In THERE because i think there was a very FAMOUS ON I m t WAS an I M t was it On The don, lane show the Very Popular darrod's wheel back in. The DAY probably I M T Darrod's. Darrod's wheel we'll just have a. LITTLE god i think it was d a double.
Speaker 1: D A double. Dard's, wheel anyway somebody will Tell us we've got to do this when we. Come back thank you for all these. Great texts not another Simon from.
Speaker 6: Colaic Story With, mark yes we, Think so paul cronin mar, To, ten yes don't respond to.
Speaker 1: My QUESTIONS well.
Speaker 6: I Won't frank penn hallarak sure opening Up on Sunday trading david AND sadly i think did?
Speaker 1: He recently? Did HE if i, say this it might. Be wrong did he recently? Pass away and there was something in the news just a couple of. WEEKS ago i think that was. The storyline we'll do this when we. Come back at, Your Calls It's australia Overnight with. Tony McManus, good morning.
Speaker 6: Tell YOU what i love it when we ask the. Audience fantastic thank you to the dozens. Of people one, in Particular Says frank panhelliac.
Speaker 1: Is well and. Truly alive it was he was selling, the business.
Speaker 6: That's right that time was such A massive there was a massive move, against him wasn't there because he chose to open up On a, sunday anyway lots of people are saying he's selling the business and the land the buildings around it which.
Speaker 1: He owns in the paper a couple of, weeks ago and there's a story on the telly. As well. From memory thank you for all that information Coming Through keith. Painesville morning now you've got a story about The Great Dennis.
Speaker 13: Kevin, dennis, okay Right Because Kevin dennis Kevin Is, kevin hefferman And the Dennis Is. Dennis gowing dennis go nineteen seventy ish to a Fellow Called. Bruno morabito the company is still owned By the, Morobido Family Bruna anthony murrabido and His sister melissa and He Sister. Tierra runners AND how i know all THIS because i was in.
Speaker 3: A partnership oh, You go so you're right across.
Speaker 13: The truth that's. The background, Everyone SAYS oh, i know it's. Made it that's that's the history of. That Company And kevin evanon went on to Own the toyo to deal with Ship.
Speaker 1: In lily And So dennis scowing no longer, with us, of course just remind us where that restaurant Was. With, KEITH look i.
Speaker 13: Don't know where the restaurant was. In there but you, know what it's fifty sixty, years ago is?
Speaker 1: It real is it that?
Speaker 23: Long?
Speaker 13: Ago YEAH did i feel?
Speaker 3: It, too yeah a.
Speaker 7: Little, bit yeah, they yeah they.
Speaker 13: But, the family it's the family. Owned business it's been owned By the morabidos family and they're beautiful people and they've owned. It NOW well i think he bought it about. Ninety Seventy brune by it when he was on the early fifties And left anthony at twenty one to run the business or he. Took over and they had a terrible reputation in, the sixties by, The, way.
Speaker 1: Yeah as many of them did during, that time because it was still it was.
Speaker 13: Probably and those PEOPLE because i was In that english story and And but bruno was just A, great Italian hardworking italian and his sons or something. And yeah so that's the History Of. Kevin bennett so.
Speaker 1: What a great piece of.
Speaker 6: Background information do you remember The Name Markov morris markoff deals about a footstray out that way for many many years And old Tishlar, In, malvern yes.
Speaker 13: And, No SURE and i looked there's a lot of people back in that Area That, shirley dunlop. The lady she was one of the first female.
Speaker 1: Of, course.
Speaker 23: Yeah she Was In.
Speaker 13: Manningham road and YOU know I added bullen and.
Speaker 16: Well Had Bob jane jane and his, brother, yep Yeah That.
Speaker 13: Bill Jane That bob Jane Was. Southern motors, and then of course A fellow i knew really Well Was, reg.
Speaker 16: Hunting The Great. Red hunt he died at ninety nine and.
Speaker 13: Three quarters all he wanted to do was get a letter From the queen.
Speaker 1: At, that missed just The Wonderful. Red hunt what a bloke.
Speaker 13: He was he was he, he think, YOU know i don't want to but you know an. Interesting thing he never employed anyone to clean, the, Toilets right and his manager was a Guy Called mark ziwiki who's still in. The industry and, reggild say you clean your own toilets Here and i'll show you how you.
Speaker 1: Do, it well. That's how that's how they made. The money and a lot of that made.
Speaker 6: THEIR money a lot of that property would HAVE been i mean now it would be worth a squillion out There Along Dandy.
Speaker 16: Long, Road well well, He look reg was had a lot.
Speaker 13: Of property he because He Had elson week that big, strip there because He Ain't president ford as well and then His. Grandson nigel now they've got nursing homes and all sorts of. Stuff there they owned a lott of Land. Around chadstone, they did, they did and the car industry is a fascinating history and it's an era where a lot of people did quite well and.
Speaker 12: It's not so.
Speaker 13: Easy nowadays it's a different.
Speaker 1: It's a very. Different.
Speaker 6: Model keith i've got to, move on but thank you for. That background it's good to know that you're THERE and i appreciate that level. Of Contributes fantastic keVs in all Bree, morning kevin good.
Speaker 29: Morning morning talking, of vehicles you've heard of the A j, Is motorbike well not acutely.
Speaker 1: FOR me i know, the Name but i'm not community acutely aware of the the you know what it looked like in the. Brand itself but they also mode.
Speaker 29: A car My brother bill had one and they were very very real are headed to to? Be honest what was?
Speaker 1: It called just?
Speaker 3: An, ages yes he is.
Speaker 29: The aj is Car.
Speaker 1: Aj.
Speaker 29: Is cary they're well known for, their motorbikes but you've never heard of a, Car, before no and.
Speaker 6: So they would have been a fully imported Beast into australia during what Decade than kevin the.
Speaker 1: So post war into. The fifties, yeah yeah.
Speaker 16: He.
Speaker 1: Jes did were you a Bike? Rider?
Speaker 29: River, oh, yes once Just like runch and counciled just sealed the Street. IN brankston i turned into the street the tower when was covered, in town he closed was covered. IN car i never rode a bloody bike from that day To this and.
Speaker 1: You said that Was a god's way, of saying don't do. This anymore, That's. Right keV it's good have you on. The program i'm not too sure YOU and i have. EVER spoken i don't.
Speaker 29: Think so i'm very nice leaver or don't mind a y eck or.
Speaker 1: Two, occasionally well would, You, promise keV when we've got a bit, more time that you call in from time, to time be lovely to have a long conversation about those years and how you Got. To, albury.
Speaker 29: Yeah well that was. Through work i'll bet.
Speaker 1: Well we've got a lot to talk about next time you, Ring. Through keV.
Speaker 6: Thank You the darrod's wheel refers to we're just Talking, about darrod's those darrod Shops, in melbourne particularly presumably in other Places, around australia so Somebody in adelaide left to Tell me darrod's and even. In Wa The darrod's wheel refers to the spinning wheel that was a popular feature On The Australian reviews Is In MELBOURNE. Tonight imt the wheel was Sponsored by darrod's clothing Store located Heart Of. Burk street at, The time melbourne segment was where viewers could win prizes such as home and. Land package don't remember the home and, Land. Packages patty you might remember more, About That paddy newton if you're listening by having their ticket. Numbers Drawn In melbourne tonight popular Variety Show, Graham kennedy we. Loved it darrod's a, clothing Store prominent melbourne retailer and the wheel a. Spinning wheel the Host Was, Graham Kennedy bert newton and what a great time. That was The Wonderful darrod's wheel Was A bert newton or.
Speaker 1: Or here.
Speaker 6: You go this will get your thinking. AS well i don't know that It. WAS bert i reckon that he had various women who would come on and they would Be The, darrod's.
Speaker 1: Girl and one, of them one of The Great, darrod's Girls Was honey i'm going, to, Say Honey honnie vanderbosh, long girl and ABOUT when i was about fourteen or, FIFTEEN sixteen i thought you was just dropped, Dead GOODEOUS but. I digress we should see if we can find a list of The imt they were just known as, barrel girls which is dreadful expression when you think of.
Speaker 6: IT now i amt. Barrel girls there it is there and we'll see if we can get that list well known barrel girls From in melbourne tonight back in.
Speaker 1: The day look. At Them, Panda Panda princess panda was a. Barrel Girl philip brady was once a. Barrel girl. That's fantastic we'll do. That next it's all Part of australia OF an. I time, tony mcmahonus good morning TO you.
Speaker 6: Tv, in australia wherever, you are whether you will BE three w Here, in melbourne FIVE double A, in adelaide in course six pr in person intriguing time those early DAYS. Of tv so we just did a bit of research about the so called barrel girls in each state at some point would have had barrel girls that would form part of the competition to win various prizes On the wheel and each state would have. Had him an they're very Popular In south Australia when ernie was over there hosting those sorts. OF programs i know the Same in perth and certainly Here in melbourne with people like Certainly with graham and then later on Both With, don lane and it was Legendary with burt and then we looked at those others that participated, around That so jeff Cork The, Great King, Corky King corky king Of, The, Kids, Buller, buller buller Anybody Remember King corky king Of the Kids was kenny's offscheiner until nineteen fifty Nine when BERT joined gtv Nine from. Channel seven back in those days began a professional partnership to continue for many, many years in a friendship that continued through Until the graham's passing in two thousand. And Five Other melbourne tonight regulars included People Like, Joffer Boy, Hardy doody Girls.
Speaker 1: And boys pander later.
Speaker 6: Became or was previously Known As, Princess pander, Panda Listener, pete smith HOW am i doing? So Far, Evi Hayes, Mary Hardy rosie Sturgis and patty McGrath Later, Patty Newton, Tony Lamond phil brady was A Regular johnny ladd buster For. Desk god it was a funny little thing, With Me, Frank Rich, Jack Little, Noel ferrier. Elaine McKenna look at this list and then down the bottom The aforementioned Honey. Van denbosh what, a Name h ownie Van, Den bosh and in brackets it's got. Barrel girl and like many, OF us i would ride away. For tickets the next thing those tickets. Would come they'd sit on the top shelf in the kitchen and you'd have to book them in, some weeks if not, months ahead And then i'd book the tickets just to the, two Tickets and dad would come in more tickets On there we've got to go and see the BLOODY im. T, shirt anyway he was, most gracious AND when i WAS only i, don't know ten or, twelve maybe and he'd take us at least two or three times To See graham kennedy and THE the imt back in. Those, DAYS however, i digress but one of the things was To see Honnie van derbosch alive in that.
Speaker 1: Studio and then walking back into the. Dressing rooms it.
Speaker 3: Was Just.
Speaker 6: Be still my, Beating Heart The TUNE, twisters Gtv The Channel.
Speaker 1: Line ballet you forget, about that? Don't You friday nights syndicated national edition of The Program Graham Kennedy Graham kennedy Channel nine show And the best Of.
Speaker 6: The highlights IMT's an amazing Part of, australian history?
Speaker 1: ISN'T It? Tv history Ian Box, Hill Morning.
Speaker 41: GOOD Morning I grida mars was the first. Darrets girl so we'll Just.
Speaker 1: Before panda so?
Speaker 41: What name there was, a model a house Model for darret's and they had her on and for The first i'm not sure, how long, but yeah she was, the first And then panda came, after her and then others.
Speaker 12: After that and then.
Speaker 1: After that so what was? Her name for.
Speaker 28: Giving me you're?
Speaker 41: Talking about Honey Was. Honey frager she, Was Tall honey vandenbosch was shorter and probably.
Speaker 6: Dark head so they had they had a couple of a couple of Honeys as darryl girls as. A, girl really.
Speaker 1: What are the odds?
Speaker 16: Of that.
Speaker 1: What are the odds of having two honeys for the price?
Speaker 14: Of?
Speaker 41: One period, my my my INTRODUCTION and i was to do with The Hardware clive king was probably the second most prominent hardware Man in Melbourne Behind Frank penhalia.
Speaker 1: And what was?
Speaker 41: His Role clark king was one of the Founders of martera ten in nineteen, fifty nine and so do you remember.
Speaker 1: The history of? That then how did that? Come about and why was it referred To as?
Speaker 41: Mater, ten well mater if you did woodwork at school was. A joint you joined two timbers together with a. MATER joint i did. Not know it was the ten principles that. Started Ten clark king was one. Of Them reg buchanan was Another ian ian this but. Was Another jack warmersley, was another and A Chap On tom danaher. Was another they were small hardware businesses in the eastern suburbs and they were trying to compete against the big boys in town like mckiwen's, and that and they got together and formed this group in nineteen, fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Which would have been sort of like a buying. Group, Presumable yeah and yet might a ten grew to be a real force for a long time against the might of. Then McEwan's well it.
Speaker 41: Went, national yeah and ended up. Being national they had stores and businesses in every State in australia in, the end and.
Speaker 6: Then what probably ultimately confumped them as as as the powerhouse that, they were was the dominance of what became the Dominance of bunnings as we know.
Speaker 1: It now.
Speaker 41: Although there was there's still another group going Called The Homestead, hardware group but that's just a small group as.
Speaker 1: Well now but that was pretty big two at, one stage wasn't?
Speaker 29: It was.
Speaker 6: And so all those original founders of might, To ten i'm thinking as, business people most would, have.
Speaker 41: Gone, oh yes, long gone. Long, gone, Yeah unfortunately.
Speaker 1: And did you have any particular Man left do you have an involvement in?
Speaker 41: All That in my father had a hardware store In baux hill for, many years but he chose not to go With the marter. Ten Group but i'm reading this to you from. A history a good school mate, Of Mine, mark fiddian Wrote the Spirit of, marter ten which is the.
Speaker 28: Full history of.
Speaker 1: How it all worked.
Speaker 41: From, god wah you, might say from none until it.
Speaker 1: Wound down we should point out that there are Still great mita Stores. Around australia, ah.
Speaker 41: Yeah yeah but they don't carry the same WAY as.
Speaker 29: I did In the.
Speaker 41: Healthyon days, no, true yeah well.
Speaker 1: Everything changes thank you for that background and it's much APPRECIATED and i appreciate you were taking, the time but jump out of the cot at this time in the morning to provide. That Background john farnham hosted at eighteen hosted a children's. Morning program according to lots, Of messages can anybody let us know what it? Was called.
Speaker 13: Wherever?
Speaker 1: You are nice to have. Your company we'll say goodbye TO six pr listeners. Very shortly we'll see.
Speaker 6: You Tonight nathan kosher will be in the chair with me just after ten o'clock, your time Can They tony mack if you, DON'T mind i need some advice from the. Great listeners you've come to the right place. Listened to this question is whether taxis use cash or Card from cheltenham To tell themarine airport please how much approximately what? You watch people will light up the switchboard one double three six y Nine three taxis still take?
Speaker 1: The cash How much cheltenham To tullor alex you're a.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 4: Man now this is a straightior Urbanized with. Tony McManus.
Speaker 1: This is a story in the. Paper today No doubt Ross and ross will look at in the breaking program on the other side of five point Thirty Where victoria police have listen, To This victoria police spending almost ten million dollars. A Year victoria police spending ten million dollars a year settling claims brought against its officers as civil action against the force reaches. RECORD levels, i wonder.
Speaker 6: DON'T you a new data has revealed that since, twenty twenty the agency itself has spent forty six point five million settling three hundred and forty five claims filed against, police misconduct with seventy five cases filed over the past.
Speaker 1: Financial year figure is.
Speaker 6: The highest over the past, five years with police attributing the rise in cases to the final settlement of some long. Running, Litigations really i'm not blaming. Anybody here the police have just enormous work.
Speaker 1: To do we're in all of what.
Speaker 6: They do how do they find themselves having to fork out forty six point five million dollars with seventy five cases filed over.
Speaker 1: The last past financial?
Speaker 6: Year alone that will be a talking point and no Doubt with Ross and russ And with tom just after thirty this morning.
Speaker 1: As, Well goodnight. Tony maca have You Heard simon owen Mentioned that Jeff cork King Cork ki king of. The, kids geez the one for me.
Speaker 14: Was.
Speaker 1: His, uncle Yes regards Mareen. In sunbury, Thank, You maureen hello.
Speaker 6: To You john farnham Has hosted did he host an eighteen a children's?
Speaker 1: Morning program nobody can. Confirm that i'm sure you're not wrong. ABOUT that i just. Don't remember and did it have? A name one double three six y.
Speaker 6: Nine three earlier in, the program we Spoke, to marnilishman who is a, excuse me is, a psychologist and there's a fair bit to, talk about as you can imagine when you're talking to Many and maney made the point about what she refers to as the, bathroom divorce the bathroom divorce she, called it which we thought, was GREAT and i asked her a, question, about well, what constitutes if, you like the so called, bathroom divorce and this was part of.
Speaker 1: Her response the bathroom.
Speaker 25: Divorce is more about having separate bathroom spaces to. Avoid conflict so it might be different toilets in the house that you know each, Partner, uses yeah and a totally different bathroom space because a lot of people have different personal habits and a lot of people have different, hygiene preferences and as you, can imagine if you're sharing, a toilet think a mirror and, a shower it can be quite irritating. People's behaviors and, you know there are so many different BEHAVIORS that i think we all, talk about don't we that is. Really irritating it might be leaving the toilet. Seed up it might be leaving kind of hair in, the sink or squeezing, the toothpaste, you know at the beginning and not at.
Speaker 15: The end.
Speaker 25: But these, little things particularly when we communicate to others that we don't like them and they, don't listen it just gets repeated. Every day can, build up, Can't it and, it could amongst other things in, a relationship actually contribute to a.
Speaker 1: Relationship breakdown that was the Great Money elishman, psychologists extraordinary a regular Contributor To. Australia overnight, we, think mane if you're getting up nice and early for as early this morning to be on. The program so that led us, to, think well many of us would have not a criticism that's probably the, wrong word but would. Have issues let's call.
Speaker 6: Them issues as the grandmother used, to say that is A person anthony with issues and she, would say just, like.
Speaker 1: That there would be people in, your home in your family that you would consider that have issues with really.
Speaker 6: Bad, habits now if you could name, either husband, a, wife, son, daughter, uncle, cousin friend family member and their, worst habit worst, family habit what would? That be this is your opportunity, to do, you know just vent and we like to vent on open line, talkback radio don't we one double three six x. Nine three if you could nominate the, worst habit you don't have to, mention names just have a bit of fun. With it the worst habit of, your father, your mother, your family, your friend, your daughter, your husband, your wife. A child come and join me one double three six nine three for that member's worst.
Speaker 1: Bad habit will make.
Speaker 6: A decision at the end, of it we will award Them The Bad habit prize Of, the morning which means we're gonna find one between now and, r five coming up to thirteen past, right, now, thinking, thinking thinking what about that great Song?
Speaker 1: Bad habits here.
Speaker 15: It is.
Speaker 1: What's your nomination? Bad habits someone in, your family a, loved one they got a. Bad habit what's the nomination?
Speaker 15: Is this.
Speaker 3: You know you want to.
Speaker 1: How's the time it's got so many, one, double, three, six nine three thirty two were already said through by A text i can't, read out but we've all. Done it sometimes when you, gotta go you gotta go.
Speaker 5: At RIGHTS something i, CAN'T fine i can't stop.
Speaker 1: Going out what really gets up? The snozz bad habits? TONING back i can't? Stand them who are people who leave a one or two sheets of the twin paper on the? Toilet roll because then Just do i'm looney to put a new toilet roll on?
Speaker 7: The?
Speaker 1: Holder, oh yes doesn't that gets straight up?
Speaker 6: The snozz, you're right that really pushes the annoyance button in.
Speaker 1: Big TIME because I can't i'll that's an interesting note FROM. J c, Thank, you joe so you.
Speaker 6: Appreciated That frank pelhanuric EIGHTY three a recently listed The core field sale for Site sale force a site, FOR sale i, Should say i'm good diet site, for sale possibly worth towards thirty.
Speaker 1: Plus, million well we thought it'd be inundated with people wanting to nominate somebody in the family with a really.
Speaker 3: Ordinary.
Speaker 1: Habit cat, we, thought oh this would be a bit of fun with the cat time coming up to eighteen past far one double three six.
Speaker 6: Nine three it's not too late to get. On board somebody and your family.
Speaker 1: Are with something that's just an irritating. BAD habit i think we were talking earlier about the rules around the the.
Speaker 6: Bathroom area whether you're leaving here in, THE sink i, hate that whether.
Speaker 1: People leave a towel on the.
Speaker 6: Floor in the bathroom straight up, the snozz or just another habit might be leaving your clothes on.
Speaker 20: The.
Speaker 1: Floor children i'm looking at you in the bedroom expecting somehow they're going to walk out of the bedroom by themselves.
Speaker 6: And into the laundry and into. The machine wonderuble three six nine three are Pe to adelaide, morning.
Speaker 31: Morning good news for both, Of. Us tony do we win twenty At the Bay?
Speaker 20: And?
Speaker 3: Nor yay so you're a happy.
Speaker 1: Little chappie?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 31: Not really and my worst bad habit is screaming go stir it At. The bay it drives, people. Mad tigers so just.
Speaker 1: Bring me up to Date with Nord.
Speaker 31: Flogged nor it has not now been very good the last. Three weeks i've Got the glenog's Side at Nord next SATURDAY and I think nord can, beat. Them glenelg all you're going to do is holdly Mcbeam, And lochman Hosey and stuart came from behind again and we're now tenant Zip and i'll Speech.
Speaker 13: Your thursday you're a.
Speaker 1: Good man thank you very much for.
Speaker 6: Doing that you have a fantastic Pizza and adelaide brings up to date with ALL THINGS, A S, S A N, f l which is very good.
Speaker 1: Of him we will do this break when we, come back we'll take.
Speaker 6: Your calls we've got time on. The board you'll get through. Straight away we need to reckon five or. Six calls do.
Speaker 1: We Answer that texa? CAME through i don't. Know that we've got a definite ad answer.
Speaker 6: To that and there be taxi drivers Right across melbourne listening if you don't, Don't mind tony mcneed the help from.
Speaker 1: The listener, all right we'll do it again. For you see what happens taxis using cash and?
Speaker 6: Or, CARD well i think they still haven't taken the taxi for, a While but i'm sure they do. Work cash why would they not cash and card or a combination. Of both what's the minute with you guys In. Cash airport how much is the Run from Cheltenham To. Tullamarine ballpark just give us. An idea we'll keep listen and we'll see we can find out Pail. From cheldenham That's next australia every Night, Morning mandy Mandy says tony mac hope you. ARE well i am For a Monday, morning mandy hoping you are. The same my pet hate loathing would be these bad habits. Of people but you need to say who.
Speaker 1: You're nominating is this somebody in particular in your family or you just, Weren't. Game mandy hate is someone not putting the toilets eat now and before, they flush and the spray if you don't mind. The spray, my.
Speaker 6: Goodness it is just the little things that get straight up people's. As nars have a, Great, Day mandy. Thank You Michel my Belle, in sheltonham, good morning.
Speaker 34: GOOD morning i.
Speaker 43: Catch a cab all the time To the tullermarine and it's one hundred and twenty dollars and you can pay cash or.
Speaker 16: Card whatever. Suit shoot so it's.
Speaker 1: About One from Cheltenham. To, tellomarine yes but.
Speaker 43: Make sure they don't go on the freeway BECAUSE once i came Back From new ZEALAND and i got a cab from the airport and he took me down the free one cost me one hundred.
Speaker 6: And, sixty well that's a big thing because of the bits and pieces along the air the tariffs along.
Speaker 1: The, way michel you say you do a fair bit. Of, TRAVEL yes.
Speaker 43: I do my children Live In, new ZEALAND so i go there.
Speaker 1: Every year which part north? South?
Speaker 29: North were?
Speaker 1: Oh gorgeous do you ever get used to? That smell?
Speaker 12: You do.
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 1: You sure how long does it take to get used?
Speaker 37: To it you don't even notice it after a while when you've.
Speaker 16: Been, there yeah when.
Speaker 6: You're, LIVING there i suppose how old are the kids and? The, Grandkids, Now michelle.
Speaker 43: I've got grandchildren and great grandchildren really for, eighteen years so all their friends and everything are. Over THERE so i came home to nursed my parents and less, than THESE so i traveled back.
Speaker 1: And, forth, Now, oh michelle you you're a saint and you don't. KNOW it, I, guess well look after those gorgeous, for me were your parents still?
Speaker 9: With, you no they've.
Speaker 43: Both passed AWADNEY and i will justify sister and she not long ago.
Speaker 1: Passed, Away michelle you've had a. Tough run thank you for being part of. The program APPRECIATE that.
Speaker 25: I catch your cap and give a.
Speaker 16: Good trick good.
Speaker 1: On you that's very kind.
Speaker 3: Of you there.
Speaker 1: You go that gives you a ballpark figure around about one hundred and.
Speaker 6: Twenty dollars birthdays today if you're, having one getting Ready For david armstrong Into Our australia overnight SLASH Three ba Bricky. News room birthdays today include what would Have Been stuart sutcliffe's, birthday.
Speaker 1: Today is born on this day in Nineteen forty you're thinking, to yourself Who Is?
Speaker 6: Stuart, SUTCLIFFE well i can tell you original bass guitarist With. The beatles he was only twenty one when he died in nineteen. Sixty Two Queen diana trusk was Born in Warmington in victoria is eighty. Five today her biggest hit was in nineteen seventy Five With, Oh boy and of course her cousin not, a son Her Cousin Kevin kevin trask heard each And every sunday night right here three aw for remember when one of the GREAT artists i reckon highly undervalued in, many Ways but what a Performer Is, Brian brown he's seventy eight today Starting The thornbirds Town, like gallis just to make a few the Remake of On, The beach Winter, Of Dreams, Breaker morant.
Speaker 1: What A movie i heard somebody on the program.
Speaker 6: Last night remember when ON THREE a w said they Hadn't Seen breakout moran should almost be a. Sackable offense what a. Film cocktail he was also in that. As Well Brian brown today Seventy Eight.
Speaker 3: Your Stairways.
Speaker 6: Chris fagan tasmanian SIXTY four, afl Coach former australian rules footballer Could Play Happy birthday chris is Sixty, Four Today.
Speaker 1: Joel edgerton what a? Performer is?
Speaker 6: Fifty One And joe Hildebrand Today Happy birthday joe fifty.
Speaker 1: One former coast did a bit of drive bag of, the day Is? It joe happy birthday.
Speaker 13: To you.
Speaker 6: And on This Day led zeppelin defeated a lawsuit which claimed they had plagiarized the guitar if featured in their Hit Song steer Away. To heaven but they knocked that out of. The park that was back in. Twenty sixty, Tony McManus.
Speaker 1: For all, we know we may never.
Speaker 6: Meet again may our hands only ever be held out, in friendship never.
Speaker 1: In once.
Speaker 29: She, must.
Speaker 18: Stop don't.
Speaker 3: She's not.
Speaker 4: Bas a she, said stop.
Speaker 12: Give me.
Speaker 1: Your listen
Speaker 12: She was