Speaker 1: Onto GV. This is Sitney now with.
Speaker 2: Quentin Tuesday, June eighteen, June seventeen, I should say one three, one eighty seven three is our number. Thank if you company. This afternoon, I want to kick off the program with some good news. The trains are running on time. Stop the presses. The trains are on time now this time yesterday afternoon, that wasn't the case. They are an absolute mess on the t For him from personal experience, it continued well into the night. There was an electrical problem that while I creak now does that coincide? Do you think with the Electrical Trades Union being the only one of the unions that hasn't yet come to a deal with the state government on a payer. I was just put it too and two together. I wonder if there's any link there. We're told not so. The trains in good nick this afternoon. The same can't be said for the roads. The M seven is a mess around Eastern Creek at the moment of Steve has been reporting serious accent involving a truck in a car this afternoon. The northbound lanes is still very much affected and likely for some time to come. If you see something around the roads or the public transport network that we need to know about. Please give me a call one three one eight seven three. Also on the show today, new figures have been released showing a surprising number of young Australians. We'll be able to afford a deposit for a first home under the Albanezy government special guarantee for a five percent deposit. So we talk so much about housing being unaffordable for young people, Well not so much for a deposit. But here's the twist, they can't actually afford the repayments. Mark Guy is on after five point thirty. He's in Perth for Origin two, but he's also in wa for the reunion of the Western Reds, which he did play for back in the nineties. We might actually talk about reunions, old sporting reunions and reunions at school and I will spin two GB's Winter Wheel. There's the chance to win hundreds, in fact thousands of dollars on off of this afternoon. Don't call yet, We're going to play a little later. You'll need my que to call. That's two GB's Winter Wheel. You are my eyes and ears when it's happening in Sydney now, So text me zero force like zero eight seven three eight seven three and have you say one three one eight seven three. Well in Sydney now, two men remain on the run following the braze and shooting at the Auburn Kebab shop South Parade, Auban yesterday afternoon that left three people in hospital, two men and a woman, a forty seven year old woman who was simply doing her job serving Kebabs. The head of Task Force Falcon, which is looking at Sydney's gang crime at the moment, is Jason Boxen, joins us, thank you for your time, Commander, not a problem. You still have two men on the run. Has there been any progress in the search today.
Speaker 3: We've had about forty detectives attached to Falcon and plus the regional police out doing extensive canvassing, looking at CCTV and following up a number of vehicles that were discovered early this morning that were burnout that we believe we used in these offenses. So we are continuing and we're putting all resources towards this.
Speaker 2: The Assistant commission of the Acting Commissioner should say Peter Thurtel told me yesterday that the vehicle that you were looking for was an out e Q seven. Is that one of the burnt out vehicles.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's correct, that was found burnt out and it's been retained for forensic examination.
Speaker 2: Peter Thurtel also told us this has been well reported that one of the victims, the twenty six year old man, had been the victim of two attempts in the past couple of weeks. I understand you've now confirmed there's been another attempt on.
Speaker 3: His life, including yesterday. There's been four in total that we're aware of that when this fellow's been targeted.
Speaker 2: So there was an attempt it was it a rose Hill last Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, last Friday, he was a premises with a number of associates and a vehicle was observed to drive pass with around four occupants with their face covered and holding a fire. That they fled that scene and police arrived a short time later and the was not able to be recovered. But that's also been discovered. BURNI out this.
Speaker 2: Morning that the ute from Friday has been found today.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Have you managed to speak to this man today?
Speaker 3: We have spoken with him on a number of occasions. We're not getting a great deal of information from him at this point.
Speaker 2: It's now been well reported that there was an attempt by the police prosecutors after the incident involving the ute in paramount of Grandville on the twenty fifth of Maine. He had been charged over a weapons offense that had been temped by the police prosecutors to refuse bail, and that wasn't agreed to when the court made that decision. How did you react to that, Jason, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the prosecutor is quite strong voicing our concerns for this person to be not in custody, to be allowed to remain in the community. So everything that we could put forward was put forward, and ultimately there was decision by the magistrate, which you know, it's hard for me to comment on, but you know, looking at what's happened recently, it would have been nice if our concerns were you listened to and acted upon, But you know, we are at the you know, it's relying on the magistrate making those decisions.
Speaker 2: You'll prosecute. When as far as to say that this man is at the ep center of some of these gang viotes, well.
Speaker 3: I suggest that you know that four attempts on his life, does you know it puts him right in the middle of it, and I think that's a pretty accurate description, Jason.
Speaker 2: There was the suggestion today that that the people who have carried out this latest attack had been recruited by some sort of website, maybe an air tasker style computer website.
Speaker 4: Do you know much about that they're being recruited, you know, I think it's trying to put forward that you know that there's a number of ways that they're being a word of mouth, encrypted.
Speaker 3: Devices, social media, you know, being recruited not necessarily part of the organized crime net work, but they're being recruited for these offenses and juveniles. I think you recall that I mentioned that last time, and now you know these people again. It's it's all to shame that, you know, we're under the belief that these people are being recruited specifically for these offenses.
Speaker 2: The Premier has been asked about the courts into that. I know you can't really comment about that court decision, but he has been he has been asked about and he has said that if if you require more powers, you simply need to ask the government. Is that something that the task Force under your leadership made request.
Speaker 3: We've got a prosecutors and the DPP that we deal with. But you know, without a doubt, if there's something that you know, we feel strongly about and there's an avenue for us to put forward our concerns and have the assistance of the government, we'll definitely.
Speaker 2: Look at that because the problem we've got here is that we've got a forty seven year old woman in hospital with another innocent victims as well throughout this this gang ViOn. So it just can't be allowed to continue.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 3: We're doing every cana stop it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your time, Detective Superintendent. Thank you the commander of the Falcon Task Force, Detective Superintendent. We'll look at this issue throughout the program. But the bottom line here is a magistrate allowed the twenty six year old out on bail now he had been charged with a weapons offense, but the police prosecutors made it clear he is at the EPI center of much of this gang violence. As Jason Box has now confirmed to us. This was the fourth attempt on his life. And the issue here is you might not care if he's shot dead. I couldn't give a stuff if he dies. The problem is the people who were caught in the crossfire, like the forty seven year old woman who was simply doing her job serving kebabs in a kebab shop fourteen past three. Now, the Liberal Party has been to helen back over the past year, not only their failure at the federal election, but if you can'st your mind back to last September in New South Wales, in particular in parts of Sydney, they could not feel candidates in local government elections. Why couldn't they do that because the boss of the Liberal Party in New South Wales, Don Irwin, forgot to put the nominations in. As a result, a federal intervention has occurred. That intervention has been led by three Liberal Party elders, Peter Seat and Richard Austin and Alan Stockdale. Now you recall mister Stockdale hit the headlines a couple of weeks ago when he made some jokes about we were in the Liberal Party being assertive and he said we might need some male quotas well. Some action is now being taken. There's been a meeting of Susan Lee and senior Liberals this afternoon. Zach de Silva has been covering it. Hello, Zach Hillo, Clinton could to be with you. What's the outcome? Where's the direction of the Liberal Party going in?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So senior Liberal officials have met here in Canberra. I'm outside rg Minzi's house. This is the headquarters of the Liberal Party in Canberra and I've got to say this building has seen better days. I think, much like the party in some ways. The Liberals will remain in New South Wales in administration for another nine months. That is the decision that has been eighty today. But the administration committee itself will change. So the two Victorians on it, Alan Stockdale, the one who made those comments about women, and Richard Austen, they've been dumped. They will not be involved in this committee anymore. Instead, it'll be led by Nick Griner. Now he's a former premier I think served from the late eighties to the early nineties if memory serves me right. Peter Seaton will remain, She'll work under him, and there will be a number of others Liberal Party members senior officials who will also make up this administration team. But that will remain for another nine months. This federal takeover. Susan Lee, the federal leader and others hopeful but maybe that will get the Liberals fighting fit. Given in New South Wales that the next state election really isn't that far away.
Speaker 2: It's likely to plays New South Wales liberals, I think, though none of them are happy about the federal intervention, but particularly with mister Stockdale and mister Allston, I want the issue. Has there been any said within these meetings about whether there's going to be a decision soon or whether the Liberals will contest the decision in the Court of Disputed Repeals in Bradfield.
Speaker 7: It's a million dollar question, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Clinton.
Speaker 7: There has been no decision yet, as far as I'm aware. I keep asking people, and people keep saying, oh, well, you know, wait and see them. We'll find out eventually. I've been told so far, no decision. There is a ticking timeline on this though, given the AAC has now returned the ritz for the election that happened I think last week or the week before, and there is a timeline within thirty to forty days after that. The Liberals need to declare whether they're going to challenge this, so they don't have that much longer. They're going to have to decide the challenge is if they do. Why it's quite costly running these kinds of legal challenges. And then two if they're successful, which seems like you'd have to say remote possibility. If they're successful, one of the options is Bradfield goes to a buy election and that's more money that have to bend contesting it. So for a party that's not really that flush with cash at the moment, this is a really difficult decision for them to make, and we'll have to wait and see where they land.
Speaker 2: And voters in Bradfield may not want to actually go back to the polls. Thank you, Zach Pleasure. Thanks Quentin, our federal political editor, Zach to Silver. Eighteen past three. Coming up, we're going to talk about a concept where you might be able to trade some of your working benefits with your employer to allow you to work from home. I'm going to get your thoughts on that. One one three, one eight seven three. This is Sydney now, twenty two past three. It's nineteen degrees in the coast, nineteen degrees in Penrith. If you live on the northern beaches and you aren't happy about the prospect of rates going up in the next year, you might want to take a part in the rally in the coming hours. There will be a rally outside the Northern Beaches Council chambers from six o'clock. That's outside the head office in d Why the Northern Beaches Council wants to increase rates by twenty five five percent, Well, in fact, they wanted to jack up the rates by a lot more than that. They were seeking a bigger increase of more than forty percent at one stage, but that was rejected by IPART, the independent regulator. But iparts effectively approved a twenty five percent increase over the next two years, still needs the Council to vote in favor of that. Well, locals aren't happy, so they're going to stage a rally outside the dy officers of the Northern Beaches Council tonight from six o'clock. So if you're angry about it, this is what democracy is all about. Take to the streets of the opinion that working from home can be a good option if it works for the employer and it works for you as well. I think in the end the final decision rests with the boss. They're the one paying the wages after all. But I completely understand why you might want to work from home. Now. Last night I didn't get home from here the Raio station at Pimont. You know I live in the south. I didn't get home till after eight o'clock. And the reason was our trains, as you know, are not reliable. The T four was stuffed for hours and hours yesterday afternoon. So if I could save that two hours and work from home would be quite attractive. The trains that I was on from the city were absolutely jam packed and there would be people there coming back from an office or another place of employment thinking job was wishing I was working from home. Well, what about this idea? You trade off some of the benefits that you have with your employer for the right to work from home on a particular number of days per week. The Australians obtained documents that reveal employers groups proposing a clause in a submission to the new Clerk's award that's going to be determined by the Fair Work Commission and the Australian Services Union. They're blowing up about this because they say this is a move by industry to cut over time payments, to remove penalty rates, to reduce lunch breaks. And I'll talk to the Australian Industry Group about this later in the show. But think about this, Okay, if you're entitled to a forty five minute lunch break, wouldn't you be better off giving that up if you then saved, say two hours a day in travel time, Now that could be quite attractive. I actually don't think this is a bad idea. I think this is where you can actually consult with you boss and come up maybe with a better way of working. Let me know what you think. Is there something and this is only if you've got the capacity to work from home. Of course a lot of us don't. But if you have the sort of job it might be an office job, it might be computer based where there would be the option to not work in an office. Is there something you'd be willing to give up for that right to work from home? It might be a lunch break, It might be a week's an you'll leave. It could be the ability to have overtime on a Thursday night. Let me know what you think. One three, one eight seven three. If something is there's something you'd be willing to trade for the right to work from home?
Speaker 1: Be a part of Sydney Now with Clinton Maynard called one three one eight seven three.
Speaker 2: So a new Liberal Party executive effectively will run the party at a federal level for New South Wales in the coming months, and that will include the former premier Nick Griner. Gary says, you know what will happen on the text line the Liberals will miss the deadline to dispute the Bradfield result given their past performance with the elections. Well they're keeping Don Harwan away now, so maybe they've got a chance one three one eight seven three. On Sydney's continuing gang war, Adrian wants to have a say go to day. Adrian, Hey, are you going good?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just frustrating a just hearing that the magistrates are undoing this hard work from the police. I mean, at the end of the day, if a child gets hurt or if not worse killed, I think it should be on the magistrates conscious that if you know, something like that happens, it's it's not really good, is it.
Speaker 2: There's a forty seven year old woman in hospital right now, Adrian, who's been shot twice in the stomach and it's pretty clear she would not have been shot in that Auburn kebab shop yesterday if the bloke who was the intended target. The twenty six year old man was in jail at the moment as the police requested.
Speaker 10: Yeah right, it never would have happened.
Speaker 2: And the issue is going to be other people who were then caught up in this this violence as well. Thanks to you call, Adrian, I've got a text message saying that you stated that Chris means A requested if there's any of the government can do to assist from a legislation point of view to give more powers to the police, the police simply need to ask for it. Well, this is what Chris Mins has had to say has had to say about it today.
Speaker 11: We've shown a willingness in the past to listen to police and enforcement agencies in New South Wales where they say new laws are required.
Speaker 12: And obviously I'm concerned about that decision.
Speaker 11: I mean it may based on the last twenty four hours, I know a lot of people in the community to be very concerned about the decision made by the court.
Speaker 12: The question is.
Speaker 11: Whether it was an incorrect or an error that was made in retrospect or it should have been known at the time. I know the Attorney General was looking at the transcript as we speak.
Speaker 2: Chris Mins should sit down with Jason Box, the commander of Task Force Falcon, and say Jason, what do you need? What do you need? Do we need to tighten up these bar wars. If you want it, let's do it. Let's do it now. Coming up peter Ford, three Sons of the Beats are getting together and have recorded new music. You heard Steve mentioned in the traffic report the incident involving a current of pedestrian on the piets Ferry River Road just past Gorstam Road, Hornsby. We've just spoken with New South Wales Ambulance Software. They tell us a boy late teens has now been taken a raw north Shaw hospital. He is critical, he's suffering back injuries. The ambulance is still on the scene. Two of the three southbound lanes are closed right there. Don't forget Coming up in the program two GB's Winter Wheel. We have cash prices to give away worth between two hundred and fifty and two and a half thousand dollars plus one thousand dollars National Tiles voucher and a go to Denta Genie Prize pack which includes a sonic cleaner, a water flosser, a one hundred pack of tongue cleaners and a bonus two hundred and fifty dollars. That's twogv's winter wheel coming up. Don't call yet, you need the cue to call. Let's check out your headlines and good afternoon, Katie Fuller.
Speaker 13: Good afternoon, Clinton. The premier is questioning why the tended target of a kebab shop shooting was on bail. Police had warned the senior member of the Alamandine crime group would be targeted if he was released from custody. The state's Liberal party will remain in administration for nine months under a new committee. Two Victorians have been dumped from the committee, which will be led by former Premier Nick Griner. A unit has gone up in flames on the third floor of a complex south of Woollongong. Firefighters are getting water on the blaze. It's not yet clear whether any residents are inside, and electrical pulses could prove an effective way to treat type two diabetes. Australian scientists are using the pulses to regenerate the lining of the small intestine, believing it becomes inflamed in those with the disease. In Sport fast Bowling Legends, James Anderson has joined the list of final nominations for the upcoming Big Bash Draft. Fellow English quick jof for Archer has also put his name forward. The draft takes place tomorrow. Clinton More News.
Speaker 2: Thak Katie nineteen degrees in the CBD seventeen degrees in Campbelltown at the moment. Now, on this issue of working from home, is this something you'd be willing to give up in order to have the right to work from home? Pete's to send me a message if you'd like to send me a text message zero four s X zero eight seven three out seven to three. Pete says, yes, I get a half hour break in the morning and a half hour break later in the day. I'd be willing to give up those to save on travel time working from home. I travel about two and a half hours a day to work. Problem is I'm a firefighter. A little bit hard to work from home when you're a fiery one three one eight seven three. I'll come to peter Ford in just a moment. On the issue of magistrates allowing bail to people that the police mount a case that they should be kept in prison, such as the twenty six year old man who's now been targeted four times by would be assassin's and we've seen other people now caught up in the crossfire, including a forty seven year old woman who's in hospital right now with gunshot wounds to her stomach after the shooting at the kabab shop yesterday. It is on the central coast. Hello, Peter, great show mate.
Speaker 14: Stronger laws are not going to make any difference. It's more than magistrates and law and common sense. Two words man minus same thing, yep. Put back on the streets and look who who would put someone who's been got at four times? As you say, we don't care about him, but people in the crossfire.
Speaker 2: The issue would have been, and I haven't read the court transcripts of this, but he was facing weapons charges, and the weapons charges often people who appear in a court, a local court on a basic weapons offense are given bail. But the issue here was the police said he was at the quote the epicenter of the gang violence and that's why he should remain in custody. And the magistrate hasn't taken that. It appears to have not taken that into consideration. Think if you call Peter Hello, Rob get a rob.
Speaker 8: Hey, how game good?
Speaker 2: What's your view?
Speaker 15: My view is as just saying to produce her there that perhaps if people.
Speaker 16: Are involved in making decisions for bail, whether they're in the court process, whether the magistrates or court staff, whoever, whoever, is involved in making that decision to release an individual on bail, and they subsequently go on to get involved in this sort of activity, that their sinbin when they get it three times wrong, so they could make three mistakes, and then once they've made the third mistake of the court appointed powerful person, they're done for the sinbin for ten days or two weeks or a month or three months whatever.
Speaker 2: A sinbin for magistrates sounds like a good idea. This will be from a legal point of view, the magistrate would have been well within his or her rights to release this man on bail based on the weapons offense. And this is where the state government, this is where politicians need to intervene and toughen up the reasons for bail that a weapons offense. We need to make sure that knife offenses and offenses with firearms are treated more seriously and at the moment they're simply not matters to you.
Speaker 1: You'll hear it here Sydney Now with Clinton Maynard.
Speaker 2: Until we spoke so much on the program last week about the death of Brian Wilson, and I consider he made musical genius.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: The Beach Boys in some ways have continued over the years, even with the Wilson brothers now passed. One of the original Beach Boys is actually coming to Sydney. Peter Ford with the details. Good afternoon, Peter, Good day Clinton.
Speaker 17: And yes this was obviously planned and booked along before Brian's death last week. But it was odd that we were talking about Al Jardine last week and I said to you, then he still goes out with a band called the Pet Sounds Band, as opposed to Mike Love, who actually still goes out as the Beach Boys, even though he's the only original in the group. But Al is coming to Sydney. He'll be performing in Sydney at the Sydney Opera House on October thirty one. And this was announced today And as I said, there were some people who I saw some blowback online saying, oh that's tacky, but maybe they could have pushed the announcement back another week.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I'm not sure it really matters. I mean, it's that mentality and show business that the show must go on. And in the press release that came out, Al pays a huge tribute to Brian and they were genuinely close, as opposed to Mike Love, who I told you last week was a very fractured, complex friendship they had, but certainly Mike Love and Brian were close. So coming to Sydney October thirty one.
Speaker 2: When he comes to Sydney when he too was a country with the Pet Sounds band, would it be Philly big venues? He'll play orsa smallan in.
Speaker 17: The Opera House in Sydney, So yeah, they certainly are playing big venues. I mean obviously not arenas or Stadius, but probably the right sort of venues for the sound they want to create. And interestingly, a lot of Al's backup band is actually Brian Wilson's former touring band when he was going around as a solo act. So he's picked all of those guys up now, which is great.
Speaker 2: I saw a concert of the Opera House two weeks ago, three weeks ago. It was a sensational venue for it, so I can imagine that will be quite brilliant. Now still on music, three sons of Beatles have got together to make some new music.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well it's going to create publicity. You instantly know that because this is Zach Starkey, who's Ringo's son when he's not in the Who, and he seems to be in and out of that a lot. But he also was his own band called Mantra of the Cosmos, and that features all sorts of interesting musos. Now he's brought in for one track only. He's brought in John Lennon's son Sean, and he's brought in Paul McCartney's son James. So you've got three sons of the Beatles performing together with other musos and singers. Now it's only for one track. I've got to be honest and say up front of it. But the bit that's been put out there by Zach hasn't really grabbed me. But we're not really doing it justice by playing fifteen or twenty seconds. But this is what Zach has chosen to do. The track is called Ripoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, he's probably got a bit of a problem that it's and look we've only hear a little sample there, Pete. But the problem probably is not that good.
Speaker 17: No, well that's cutting the chase, Thanks Clinton. Yeah, look, I think that's true. I was trying to be a bit more diplomatic. But against that, Yeah, well those guys that you got a lot to live up to, you know, And yeah, it gets the publicity. Three sons of the Beatles putting out music, but also everybody's expectations instantly go.
Speaker 8: Through the roof.
Speaker 2: I felt a little bit sorry over the years for say, Julian Lennon, the song Saltwater that he put out many years ago was I thought that was a really good song, but it's Yeah, when you're the son of an absolute legend in John Lennon, it's hard to live up to that.
Speaker 17: It's very hard for anyone in the performing arts who is the son or daughter of someone. Yes, it can get you the audition, Yes it gets you through the door. Yes it gets you some are time. But boy, people then expect you to really over deliver that they otherwise would good on.
Speaker 2: Your people talk tomorrow basically, Peter Ford, our entertainment reporter. It's twenty to four. It's ten past nine in Tehran, the capital of Iran, and I've just seen more vision that's coming through of the highways and the roads absolutely chokers trying to leave the capital after the US President basically said it should be evacuated, and many of the Iranians following his advice, trying to leave that The question for those people is where do they go? There may well be yet a greater refugee crisis right throughout the Middle East because of what's occurring now between the Iranians and the Israelis. There's still no sign of a breakthrough. There's some suggestions and there been suggestions throughout the day that the Uranians would like to embark on peace talks. They would like a ceasefire, and they've sought some of their allies in the Middle East to then speak with the United States to see that could be facilitated. There's no breakthrough there. There's no word on that, but it does seem based on the vision that I've seen of these choking highways, this high waste is full of traffic. People are trying to leave the Iranian capital. It's Clinton, Maine with you for a Tuesday afternoon. New South Wales Health has issued a warning for us not to forage or eat wild mushrooms after the discovery of death cap mushrooms and they've been found here in Sydney. The deadly fungi has been discovered not just in Sydney but also parts of the Southern Highlands southern New South Wales as well. One dose of this particular mushroom can be lethal and the symptoms if you have accidentally eaten such a mushroom they're not immediate now. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhear in severe cases can lead to very serious liver complications, kiddy damage or death. There's been a rising poisonings over the past year. Last year, twenty three people were treated in hospital due to toxic mushroom ingestation, including kids, including some little kids. The New South Wales Poisons Informations here to receive three hundred and sixty three calls about wild mushroom exposure across New South Wales. It was a jump of twenty six percent. So the message is don't eat wild mushrooms, just eat mushrooms you can buy from your fruit and veg stare. Thirteen to four thirty seven percent of Australians now work from home, and you might be listening to this program while working from a home office and I think for many of us it makes some sense. But I think it needs to work for both parties. I think it needs to work for the employer, after all, they're the ones paying the wages and the employee as well. There's the suggestion that's been made, and this has become an issue because unions are not happy about it, that under a determination to be made by the Fair Work Commission, who were going to consider the clerk's award, that there could be a trade off between employers and their workers. For instance, a forty five minute lunch break could be foregone in order to facilitate working from home. Unions say that businesses may well use this whole concept to not pay overtime rates, perhaps to reduce the amount of annual leaves what he's entitled to. Nis Willocks is the chief executive of the Australian Industry Group and joins ustake a for your time.
Speaker 5: Hi Clinton, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good. This actually seems to make some sense to me to come to an arrangement with an employer whereby you might give up a certain number of breaks per day in order to work from home. But the unions aren't happy about it.
Speaker 19: I'm glad it makes sense to you, because it makes sense to a lot of people as well, because the world has moved on from when this award, the Clerk's Award, which covers over a million workers in Australia, was last written up. It was written up at a time when we all worked in an office and all worked sort of nine to five or a variation of that, and going back sometime. Tony Burke, when he was the Minister for Workplace Relations, initiated a review into the awards to make sure that they were up to date and represented modern work practices. And the Fair Work Commission has picked this up and it is looking through the Clerk's Award to make sure in the context of work from home that it still makes sense and manifestly clinton for employers and for a lot of employees it doesn't. People don't work nine to five, don't have a set half hour or forty five minutes for lunch when they are working from home. They're working from home largely because they want some flexibility and their working day. Pick up the kids right about now, for instance, from school, drop them off in the morning, do some tasks at home, and they work around that. They might start a bit earlier, finish a bit later, work sort of not in a sequential sort of pattern. So what we are saying to the commission is, could you consider when you're looking at working from home taking all of this into account that employers who are interested in outputs and employees are increasingly interested in some flexibility around their working arrangements when they do work from home, and let's come up with some sensible compromises.
Speaker 2: Your opponents, though, the Australian Services Union, and they represent many of those million people that you refer to the Clerk's Award, they're saying that your members are going to use this as a cash grab, for instance, to avoid paying over time. How do you respond to.
Speaker 19: That, Well, not at all, because this is all about reaching an agreement. It could only be implemented whatever the final situation is, and that would vary from employee to employee and employer to employer. That could only be reached by an agreement between the employer and their employee around what those working conditions or arrangements would be. When someone is working from home and people want to do this in different ways. Some people prefer to work at night, others in the morning.
Speaker 8: That's fine.
Speaker 19: As I said, employers are interested in the outcome here, the output. If someone is asked and tasked to do something way above and beyond, of course that should be dealt with as it is now as an additional piece of work, and they should be recompensed appropriately for that. But at the moment, what you have to do under the award, if you're following it properly, is to have the employee fill in time sheets and virtually punch a Bundy clock when they start and finish work. And that just doesn't fit in a working from home environment. So we're saying update it for twenty twenty five. It's not nineteen seventy five anymore. And if someone has to work it additional and do extra, of course they should be recompense.
Speaker 2: For it if he makes some employee sense. The flexibility is needed in this situation. And it's just while I have you there, there was an issue that popped up from the UK about a particular worker who's now been banned from working from home because his employer found that he was faking the amount of time he was actually at his desk. He somehow managed to activate the Z key on his keyboard permanently, so it made it look like he was using the keyboard. So is the way employers now manage working from home? Do they have that ability to monitor you electronically with how you're using the technology, how you're using a computer.
Speaker 19: Well, employers always have because they can see when you're on a computer or not. But of course people try to manipulate that all the time. Now employers have concerns about people doing two jobs when they're working from home and so not devoting their entire time or resources to the job that they're being paid for. Soya, Look, this is part of the issue that we're getting at here. People are working differently Clinton to the way they did before. Not everyone is able to work from home, but there has to be some give and take here and some common sense and some compromise, or else we're just going to get stuck with an old system, and in the end it will drive employers to compelling workers to come back to work where they're visible, can be seen, and can be held to be accountable.
Speaker 2: I think some balance makes some sense. Good anyoneness Back to Clinton, You take care it is willoxsro's chief executive of the AI Group. Well over to you. You tell me what works for you. Would you be willing to give up maybe a week's annual leave, have three weeks leave instead of four for the actual right, So it wouldn't be you'd have it locked in stone that you work from home three days out of four, but you give out of or out of five, but you give up some leaf let me know one, three, one, eight, seven three day. The bus says on the text line, I tried working from home. It did not work well. Dave is a bus driver.
Speaker 1: There is Sydney now with Clinton on t.
Speaker 2: G but seven past four this news just breaking. South Sydney will not be allowed to move back to Moore Park and play at ali Unstadium. The Daily Telegraph with this news this afternoon through Phil Rothfield. They've confirmed now with the rabbit Os that the Sports Minister Steve Camper has formally rejected the plea from South Sydney to move from a course stadium so Sydney Olympic Park back to Moor Park, which, let's be honest, that's the home of the rabbit Os. Where are South Sydney from. They're from Redfern. They play in home bull Sydney Olympic Park. Simply for money, and it was a deal made many many years ago which made a lot of financial sense many years ago. But they've requested to move back to the eastern suburbs or to the southern suburbs effectively, and reason for that ali un Stadium is much better obviously than a corp. But also under the deal that they had with the New South Wales government and Venues New South Wales, their deal was that a core stadium would be renovated and potentially a roof would be put on a course stadium. Well during COVID, as you know, everything changed and gladyspiro Agiclly was the premiere and she canceled that plan to upgrade a course stadium. And I know many of you agree with that, saying we spend too much money on stadiums in Sydney, but we also have a sparkling new stadium in Moore Park Alliance, the Sydney Football Stadium that we the tax payers spent seven hundred and fifty million dollars and let's be honest, it is brilliant, but it's under utilized. So South Sydney wanted to change that. The Roosters were not so happy about that. Because of course the Roosters play there as they also have the right to play there. It's their home ground. Sydney FC plays there, the Waratahs play there, but the Roosters didn't want the Rabbitos to play there because they hate them. I can understand that. However, formerly the Rabbito's reached out to the New South Wales government. Well Blake Soley's now told the Telegraph Minister Camper has written to us rejecting our request. We'll review the letter and his reasons, then consider a response in our further options. We ran committed to discussing the issue with the government and venues in New South Wales. This is by no means the end of the process. Well it shouldn't be the end of the process because in the end the government owns both stadiums. Now they want the Rabbitos to keep playing at a Corp because they don't want the old Olympic Stadium to be a white elephant. Look, it won't be. The Bulldogs will play there. The Bulldogs getting wonderful crowds there now because they're really successful at the moment. Say great Bulldogs can have it State of Origin Grand Finals, play them at a Corp. But if you take a stock standard NRL game to sit Olympic Park and you get, say, twenty thousand people, the atmosphere aren't great. Even with twenty thousand, you get twenty thousand at More Park, the atmosphere is spectacular. And we the taxpayers, we paid for that stadium. And I'm saying this as somebody. I'm not a Rooster supporter, I'm not a rabbit O supporter, but it's ridiculous that we paid that much money to build a stadium and we're not allowing one of the most popular teams in the NRAL to play there. Steve camp has good luck, mister camper reconsider.
Speaker 1: Be a part of Sydney Now with Clinton. Maynard called one three one eight seven three.
Speaker 2: Getting feedback on that already, and I'll come to those calls and those messages shortly. If you'd like to see me a text message zero force zero eight seven three eight seven three ten past four. Just the latest in the Middle East. The Israeli Defense Force has now confirmed they're detecting a large number of incoming missiles from Iran. They've released a statement via their Twitter and this is how information is now circulating around the world. A short while ago, the IDF identified missiles launched from Iran towards the territory of the state of Israel. Defensive systems are operating to intercept the threat. Upon receiving alert, the public is instructed to enter a protected space and remain there. So that is a bomb shelter that's in the central part of districts in Israel at the moment. Now, I mentioned a little earlier that there was some hope that there could be a ceasefire, that Iran had reached out via They're allies for the United States to brok a ceasefire, and that had actually come from the French President Emmanuel Macron. Well, Donald Trump has completely rejected that. Donald Trump has now said just minutes before taking off from Calgary, where of course he has now left the G seven summit before boarding Air Force one, He's posted on his own social media network, publicity seeking President Emmanuel Macron of France mistakenly said I left the G seven summit in Canada to go back to DC and to work on a ceasefire between Israel and Iran. Mister Trump says wrong. He has no idea why I'm now on my way back to Washington. But it certainly has nothing to do with a ceasefire. Much bigger than that, right, whether purposely or not, Emmanuel always gets it wrong. Stay tuned. Okay, So that Donald says no ceasefire, that's not happening, but he's working on something much bigger. Now. What he won't be doing is meeting with our prime minister. He will not be holding a meeting with Anthony Alban easy on the sidelines of the G seven because he is leaving. He's going back to Washington, and that's not great for Albow because he wanted to raise the future of Orcus. But as you've followed throughout the day, there is some hope because keirths Starmer and the UK is the third party involved with Orcus, has now set alongside mister Trump that they're proceeding with the deal.
Speaker 8: Yep, we're proceeding with that.
Speaker 2: It's a really important deal to both of this.
Speaker 15: I think the person that was doing a review, we did the review when we came into governments, and that makes good sense to me.
Speaker 16: But it's a really important we're very long time partners and allies and friends, and we've become friends in a short period of time.
Speaker 2: Albow commented on that before that he knew that the US president was leaving.
Speaker 20: I have seen the comments that were made, and of course it is in Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom's interests that orcas not just proceed in terms of Pillar one, but Pillar two as well. There are great advantages that we have the sum of one past one past one, sometimes more than three, and it certainly does that in this case.
Speaker 2: Just remember the deal for UCUST the United States means billions of dollars for their defense industries with the submarine order. So I think in some form UCUST will still go ahead. We'll have a close look at Sydney's gang violence in just a moment. I'm getting a lot of feedback already by the decision from the new South Wales state government to deny the South Sidney Rabbit Oz the right to move to Alliott Stadium. I think it is ridiculous.
Speaker 21: Reg what do you think, Well, look, meings needs to get involved like campus are buffoon, But let's just park that to one side. You've got South which is probably one of the largest club in the country wanting to play at what is geographically their home ground before the Roosters go or crazy. From nineteen o eight to nineteen forty South played at the Showground and then obviously at Redford and then from eighty eight nine Woods they played at the SFA. So it's absolutely ridiculous that we've got taxpayer funded stadium that not being used by one of the biggest compent in and reach.
Speaker 2: The thing is they're both taxpayer funded stadiums, so it's not like the new South Wales government is going to be out of dollars. Yes, it might not look as good to have a course s dirty in the Olympic Stadium with fewer big events, but if you've got a SOUS game, say they're playing my mob Cronulla, right, you're probably attrack fifteen thousand to that. It's not a good look to have fifteen thousand playing at Sydne Olympic Park. But they play at moor Park, they'll get twenty five thousand there. Ron says on the text line, you're one hundred percent correct. South Sydney should play all their home matches at more parks. Alliance. James says, Oh, the problem with Alliance is the drainage one hundred percent and it was shown up in several matches this year, including Women's State of Origin. They need to do something about the drainage, but it's still the best stadium in Sydney. It's worth seven hundred and fifty eight hundred million dollars. That's our money that we've spent on that ground and it should be used properly. Quarter past four CCT vision has now been released of the horrors in Auburn yesterday. Security vision of what happened in that kebab shop is just truly chilling. When you see this on TV tonight, they'll show it on nine News. You will see this is in South Paray just after one o'clock. You'll see two men. They're fully dressed in black. Each man has a black balakaba pulled over his head. They're running into the shop and the CCT vision is slowed down so you'll be able to clearly see this. You can't determine who the men are, mind you, because they're completely covered. But there are these two guys here. It's like watching something out of a movie. They both have their pistols drawn and as they're running past the counter, there's a bloke behind the counter and he's there shaving the kebab meat and he turns around because he can hear the ruckus and you could just imagine the thought going through that man's head when he sees these two men dressed in black who were pointing pistols. So he dives down to get out of the way. The men continue on to the back of the shop, the kebab shop in South Parade, and you then see there's like a stool or in a chair that's thrown at them. Then a table goes flying, and then the vision cuts out and that's where it appears that these government have opened fire. Now they shot eight times, eight times, and as we've been reporting over the past twenty four hours, they shot two men and a woman. Forty seven year old woman was one of the workers in the kebab shop. Now, she has nothing to do The police believes she has nothing to do with Sydney's underworld whatsoever. But she's in hospital right at the moment with two bullet wounds to her stomach. Hopefully she's going to be okay. But she's one of these poor victims who's been caught in the crossfire. And she's not alone as someone who's been caught in the crossfire of this gang violence. Just a couple of weeks ago, there was that young bloke plumber. He's arrived home in Condal Park late at night, works for his dad as a plumber. He reverses his yued up the driveway, gets out of the ute, and then two gunments just to appear out of the dark and shoot him. And there were people and you could hear it apparently on some of the c he say no, no, no, Well, the police are confirmed that victim was not known to them, not involved in the criminal world whatsoever. They believe the assassins got the wrong person. So this is what's unfolding on our streets the moment. We are seeing innocent people caught up in this horror. Now we've spoken about this in the first hour. I spoke to Jason Box, who's heading up the Task Force task FORRSE Falcon that's investigating all this. And a big problem is the fact that one of the men who was shot yesterday, who's in hospital at the moment with wounds to his shoulder and his arm, this is the fourth attempt on his life and he was before the courts after the second attempt on his life charged with the weapons offense because when police investigated that they allegedly found a gun in his possession, and of course the magistrate allowed him bail despite the fact the police said he was the EPI center of this gang violence. I want to get a bit of a better understanding of how this is all working, particularly this suggestion which Jason Box says he doesn't believe this is the case, but the suggestion of a near tasker style website being used to recruit people. What Jason Box did tell me is the young people are being recruited to carry out the dirty work. Glenn Gorick is a retired police sergeant. He's been at the cold face of this gang war in the past and joins me, thank you for your time.
Speaker 22: Glenn, Yeah, good afternoon, Clinn, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: I want to gather your insight in this because unfortunately, what we're seeing on Sydney streets at the moment isn't new. We have seen a war, for instance, between the Alamedeans, and it's alleged that this twenty six year old man was connected to the Alamedeens and previously the Hamsies. This is all unfolded on the streets for years. Is this still all over a turf war over drugs?
Speaker 22: You would think so, Quentin to look, the family feuds across the southwest of Sydney had been going on. There was many families. I won't name them, but there were four prominent cheams it used to fight each other. There was decades of these shootings, but the demographics changing a little now. You know, it's very brazen in the middle of the day. You recall the one at Surrey Hill's last year. They shot at seven pm at night on a Friday and bullets went everywhere into shops and so on. It's all changing rapidly made And look the other thing that I noticed when I drill down on this one. Obviously we have the problem with the bail, but the cars that they used they normally torch within minutes of the shooting. This one, the alleged audi wasn't for hours later. So they must be going underground now. They must be trying a different tactic, and they're going underground, parking the car somewhere and then when everything quiets down, go and burn it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: Interestingly, Glenn Jason Box I spoke to him in the first hour of the PROGM. He's heading up the task forles task Wills Falcon and he revealed this afternoon that the twenty six year old man who was shot yesterday we thought this was the third attempt on his life. Well, in fact it's the fourth. There was another at rose Hill last Friday afternoon and when police were called, these peace people who were the alleged victims were in a white ut That white used on Friday afternoon. We believe is one of the vehicles that's been found a light now in the past twelve hours, twenty four hours.
Speaker 22: Yeah, this is the thing. So that you it's been parked somewhere, it's been probably used. It's really time for New South Walest please to ramp.
Speaker 8: Up public assistance.
Speaker 22: Those cars are parked somewhere, they're parking garages, they're parked in properties. They stand out because they're not owned by the normal people that live in these buildings. So look, i'd call out if any member of the public sees something unusual in their Southwestern unit like or their factories, ring it in anonymously, just ring it in and.
Speaker 6: Let the cops come and check it.
Speaker 8: What about that might stop this stuff?
Speaker 2: What about the way these gangs are now operating how they're recruiting people to carry out what i'd term their dirty work. I asked Command to box this as well about the suggestion there's an air Task style, not air Task for itself, but a style website, and he says, look, there's no doubt while it might but not be air Task as such, the gangs are recruiting young people in particular to carry out these crimes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so what that is?
Speaker 22: The AFP cracked one of these covert apps. It's like a WhatsApp then the air task if you want to use for the term.
Speaker 8: But it's a.
Speaker 22: Very covert encrypted system that only allows a significant number of members of these groups to get access to it, and then they all talk and discuss what they're going to do, and then they put up advertisements for these types of jobs.
Speaker 8: This is all alleged now.
Speaker 22: The AFP cracked this in twenty twenty three, so they've obviously gone to another version of it now and I'm sure the AFPN New South Wales Police Cybercrime will be all over it because it leaves a trial. But the thin with it is the big thing with it is clinton that they leave a file with it and now they're paying these for these jobs in cryptocurrency as well. I know that for a fact. So there's this whole changing demographic all the time, constantly these criminal games. If they actually use these skills in the decent enterprise and business, they'd be millionaires, and they put it all into crime. And it just amazes me that they they do.
Speaker 2: This, Glenn. I don't to be too flippid about it, but I've got a couple of messages which do echo my thoughts. Here on the text line, Michael says, Look, I must be hopeless, but these d heads, they mustn't be very good at their jobs if you have four attempts on their life and they still don't get it done. I've got about three messages echoing the same thing. The people they're recruiting, let's be blunt, not very good assassins because they keep missing.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 22: Well, you brought up the CCTV footage just just been released. I've watched it while I've been mating to come on with you, and it's exactly a perfect example of how poorly trained, poorly executed these jobs are. You watch the alleged shooter come in and he's looking at the ground. When he's shooting the pistol, he's looking at the ground with his head down, so he doesn't even see where he's shooting, so hence the bullets spray everywhere. Right, this is why they shoot people in the legs and they miss and they miss their targets. And four attempts on alleged attempts on Sammazari. Well, you know, they're not doing a very good job done.
Speaker 2: And in the end, the problem is those bullets go astray and they hit innocent people. Glenn, I appreciate your insight. Thank you great.
Speaker 8: Thanks Clinton, have a great day. Go to the.
Speaker 2: Sharkis retired police sergeant Glenn Gorrick. It is chilling. Have a look at this CCT vision. You'll see it online. It'll be on nine years tonight. It's chilling stuff. The issue here is firstly, the bloke who was the alleged target should have been in jail because it's a failure of our justice system. But secondly, innocent people like the forty seven year old lady who's then been shot, they end up being the real victims. Twenty three past four, I'll talk to MG in the second part of the show about the future of Valley Unstadium in a course statum whether the Rabbit O's should be allowed to play there, Joe says in the text line let the rabbit os go. The Roosters do not own it, certainly donate it. Of this one though, Adam says, actually, I'm happy for my bunnies to keep playing sydn Olympic Park at Court because I live in the mountains and the stadium is much close, and the Rabbit O's do have a big supporter base in the Western suburbs. This question from Peter, why can't NFL games we play at the SCG. Well they can be, and they they were when Alliance was under construction. But why play at Alliance when next door you have a brilliant football stadium. Now some people do argue this. Ron says Homebush should be rebuilt as a large rectangular venue similar to both sun Corp and London's Twicken them. It'd then be the ideal ground for rugby league, ruby union soccer. Well that was part of the renovation plan, but effectively because of COVID, the state government ran out of money and they had to make a choice. Do they rebuild the SFS Alliance or do they make changes to stadium Australia and they decided that the changes to our state of Australia are going to be too expensive. We've been talking a little bit about work from a home and this proposal that's been launched by the Australian Industry Group whereby you could trade some of your benefits in order for the right to work from home, for instance, a lunch hour on the text line. Working from home for going breaks makes no sense because I work just as hard when I work from home as I do in the office. In fact, I have less distractions and I get more work done. Tab Corp has today been fined four million dollars for spamming customers with thousands of marketing messages. Australia's largest bedding company, TAB Corp, has copped the fine from the Australian Communications and Media Authority. They found the tab Corps sent more than five seven hundred unlawful marketing messages to customers in its VIP program. Three thousand SMS and what's up messages were sent between the first of February and the first of May of last year. And what they didn't do and you'll often see this if you'll send messages from any business, you'll see an unsubscribed line at the bottom of the message. These particular messages from tab Corp did not have that unsubscribed line. Just before our news headlines, just want to cross to Christine, who's got some dramas to report in Picton on the roads. What can you see, Christine?
Speaker 23: Driver cost a accident ten minutes ago. It's on Bridge Street in between Picton or Red Banks and tell me it's a main storoughly where all the cars turn off from coming from Pickton from Sydney to come up to sell Me Or and the Oaks, and a lady has unfortunately rolled her car she was driving up towards Selmy. I actually nearly ran into her on that bend, but luckily for work trucks stopped and helped her get out. She was standing and the police and the ambulance and everything are already. There's a traffic flow yep, that will be stop because of the accident because it's right on the bend. Only one way traffic can go there at the moment.
Speaker 2: I know some of those roads can be quite dangerous in that region. I've driven down there and waited some of my parents down South. So she's okay, though she looks like she's all right.
Speaker 23: Look she was the driver. She looked like but very very very shaken. I'd say, a lady in her maybe late thirties, early tours in a nice blue car.
Speaker 2: Okay. Good at the ambulance services on the scene that they can check her out. Thanks for letting us know about that. If you see something in the roads that we need to know about, that's the word on the street. Temper a great night's sleep, night after night. The difference is temper. Let's check our news headlines and latest Cape Fuller.
Speaker 13: Good afternoon, Clinton. Indonesia's police chief has confirmed two men who have been arrested over shooting at a luxury villa in Bali. One Melbourne man was killed and another seriously injured in the attack. The US President has left the G seven summit in Canada a day earlier than expected as he attempts to broker a ceasefire deal between Israel and Iran. The Prime Minister had been hoping to hold talks with Donald Trump on the sidelines of the summit. New South Wales Health has issued a warning about poisonous death cap mushrooms growing in Sydney and the Southern Highlands. People are urged not to forage or eat wild mushrooms, and evidence of human occupation dating back to the Ice Age has been found at the site of a cave near Lithgow. Archaeologists say artifacts founded the Hatter's Hideout Cave make get the oldest high mountain site continually occupied by humans in Australia. In Sport, the state government has rejected South Sydney's bid to move back to the Sydney Football Stadium. The Rabbit O's have been told they're expected to honor their contract and remain based at Stadium Australia until twenty thirty one. Clinton. More news at five.
Speaker 2: Than KKT seventeen degrees in the city, it's fourteen degrees. It holdsworthy at the moment. More dramas on the roads. Thanks for you message, James, James telling me there is a car accident app and road traffic. Is it a standstill southbound towards the end of Appen Road. We've got dramas in Kellyville. A fire is broken out in a home. Adam Dewbry from Fine Risky in New South Wales, what can you tell me Adam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have had a fire out there in Kellyvillin gerber A Place that the fire has been extinguished. Unfortunately, we've got a number of people that are suffering some burns and smokeing elation. Ambulance paramedics are on soon understand New South Wales Ambulance helicopter is also on route or if not at already there. But yeah, some pretty bad news coming out of that fire in gerber A Place.
Speaker 2: Okay, Gerbra Place. So that's just a residential street, Yeah, I think it's a.
Speaker 5: Mixture of units and some commercial properties out there. But the fire has been extinguished, but we do have a number of people that have suffered burns.
Speaker 8: I believe three.
Speaker 5: One of those is particularly bad, with another two not as bad. But look, burns are painful, and actually they can be that bad that they're not painful, but it sounds like someone is bad. But the ambulance paramedics are on sooon and providing that high care that they can on the side of the road there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Adam, thanks to that information for and Rescue. Superintendent Adam Dubrey says, Gerbra Place in Kellyville, it's a street where there are some units and some industrial complexes there as well. But it looks like three people have suffered burns. We will talk to the paramedics and find out about their conditions.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what's happening in Sydney Stay tuned to Sydney Out with Quinton later on to gb.
Speaker 2: One of the most controversial issues that affects residents of the South Coast and particularly around Wollongong a little further south around the Illawarra, has been a proposal to build offshore wind farms. It was an issue at the federal election. There was going to be a Senate inquiry into all of this. Well, very quietly, the committee that was to lead the inquiry has scrapped that plan. That's despite more than thirty four thousand submissions being laudged. Alex O'Brian is from Responsible Future Illawarra and joins the Hello Alex Hike Clinton. This has been kept basically secret over the past couple of days. What do you know about it?
Speaker 8: It has so.
Speaker 24: This was first initiated in July last year and there were multiple delays to actually holding this inquiry. We were worried it was going to be buried before the election. And on just the long weekend, on Friday afternoon a report came out with no large attention, no media attention, and basically they said we're not going to hold any public inquiries and they made a few comments, but it's just devastating to all those people around the country.
Speaker 2: That's the strategy when you want to release bad yews. You either do it on Melbourne Cup Day, seriously, you do it, that's what they do, that's what politicians do, or you do it before a long wee can the fact that there won't be an inquiry and I think we actually have too many inquiries in general though, Alex, but why is it a bad thing?
Speaker 24: Well, Quentin, you know, there was no problem with Labor initiating an inquiry into nuclear energy, which took a matter of two months and had several public inquiries around the country. But I'm sure windows of Obviously, the consultation process was quite controversial. Many people in all these communities, especially the Laura, did not think the consultation was genuine, which is a critical component for the minister to determine what a zone would look like if a zone would go ahead. Now we have had the community in suthern Shire that was not consulted, but the zone has been push closer towards them.
Speaker 2: We have developers who talked.
Speaker 24: About what the zone would look like before consultation began, and eerily the zone looks very similar to what those.
Speaker 8: Developers said it would look like.
Speaker 24: And so we have concerns that the Minister has not properly taken on board the concerns of the community when determining what that zone would.
Speaker 15: Look like when he declared it in June last year.
Speaker 2: And you're right to raise these concerns, and this inquiry should have happened. The problem's now going to be the federal governments swept back into power and they will have the support of the Greens in the Upper House, which means they're one step close. So Alex, keep up the fight.
Speaker 1: Thanks Clinton.
Speaker 2: Alex O'Brien from Responsible Future, Laura, So, how sneaky you decide you announced long ago that you're going to have an inquiry and then you cancel it just before the long wee can when nobody is watching. When you see something around Sidney, let me know about it. One three, one eight seven three. Now Leo has seen something quite curious. So Leo, where are you Matey Clinton.
Speaker 25: On King George's Road above Beverly Hill Station, someone laying on the road in lane one southbound are being treated by three ambulance crews.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe that person's had some sort of accident while crossing the road there. And I know that that part of King George's Road well, and it's a horror at this time of the afternoon, so the traffic must be a nightmare.
Speaker 17: And it is.
Speaker 25: I could certainly see it's all the way back past more Field Road, but I'm not sure how much further back path that it actually is.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for letting me know about that. So that's King George's Road. Somebody's been treated by paramedics there. It's southbound, so southbound's where that the thickest traffic, the heaviest traffic is on King George's Road Beverly Hills. Just knew near the Beverly Hills train station. That's going to send the traffic right back. So somebody's being treated on the road there by the paramedics. Please take care if you're driving through there on Sydney now you tance handle the true first street sto well. Time for our political straight shooters segment for a Tuesday Afternoon. We're joined by Susan Telberman, the Labor MP F mcquarie, Hello, Susan, good afternoon, and the outgoing Liberal Senate to Holy Hughes.
Speaker 15: Hello, Holy Hey Clinton.
Speaker 2: Well, all the dramas actually within the Liberal Party at state level, so we might leave you out of that. Holy this afternoon, Nick Grind has been appororted. Nick Grind has been apported to try and sort out the mess that is your party. Let's talk about what's happening overseas. Anthony Albernezi unfortunately has had his meeting with Donald Trump canceled. Susan, is the government disappointed about this?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 18: I think there's absolutely disappointment. That everyone understands that, you know, there's something pretty die happening in the Middle East and that no doubt takes precedence. I thought what was interesting was that one of the issues we know the Prime Minister wanted to discuss with the President was aucus and the UK Prime Minister got in first on that, and so there's been some very reassuring comments around that, with the President not contradicting the Prime Minister of England Britain about the commitment to orcus. So I think even though there'll be disappointment in a delay now to a face to face meeting, there's still been some very positive signs and signal scent in this visit.
Speaker 2: Holly. Could have the PM done more and we understand why Donald Trump's leaving Canada, that's understandable, but could have he done more to secure a meeting earlier?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 26: Absolutely, I mean, the President's been there for seven months. There should have been much earlier attempts to secure a face to face It's a critical ally of ours. But I think what's interesting and what a lot of people are missing here is when Boris Johnson held the g's host of the G seven, he had the sort of secondary group of leaders in the same area, in the same spot and attend the dinner that Donald Trump is going to attend to the for he leaves. What's interesting the way that Prime Minister Canti has done it over in Canada has kept the secondary leaders a couple of hours away and not attending the same dinner. So two very separate groups of leaders that are in Canada tonight in very different places. And you know, people read into that what they like. But it's interesting that Boris certainly had Scott Morrison and everyone there all together and part of the big family photo that the Canadian Prime minister has decided not to do.
Speaker 2: During the election campaign. Susan Albo said during think it was during the Channel nine debate that he didn't think that Donald actually had a phone, So it wasn't as simple as picking up the phone in reality, even when you're at the level that Anthony Albertez is that is it tricky to organize time with a world leader.
Speaker 18: Well, I think you've got the diplomacy is not a blunt instrument. You know, it's done protocols, there's ways you do things. But I also think that having deep conversations in the middle of an election campaign also has a level of concern to me in terms of respect for the election process. So we are able to have much better discussions now now that there's been an election, and I think this is the appropriate time, a few weeks after an election to have really you know, nailed down that meeting.
Speaker 2: Now that's the problem is we don't know when that met he's going to be now now that mister Trump's left, they've.
Speaker 18: Had three shone conversations, you know, that's honestly, as a radio journal you know how powerful voice is. It's not just about being able to eyeball somebody.
Speaker 2: But everyone just sends text messages these days, it's all messages.
Speaker 18: Oh that's the younger generation.
Speaker 2: Well, Donald loves the social media. He loves his social media platform. Jim Charmers. Today the Treasurer has indicated that he has concede that the war in the Middle East is likely to push up oil prices, that petrol prices could go up. I think we've actually benefited from fe really low dowser prices of late. Would there be a possibility, Susan, if we are now in for a sustained conflict in the Middle East, that the Labor Party now could consider some sort of excise relief now that all the politics is out of the way, that the debate over the policy that the collign put to the election, could there be some excise change.
Speaker 18: Well, at this stage that's not something that we're looking at, but we are mindful that there could be volatility of petrol prices, and that's what the Treasurers said today. What we do is we don't imagine what's going to happen. You know, we use the data that we get. We take a considered view on what we see over a period of time, and wherever we've seen that there's been a need for cost of living relief, we have acted on that in the best way that we can to support the people who most need it. So I know there will all eyes will be watching that. But the current fuel prices are expected to jump around a bit. Certainly seen a little bit.
Speaker 9: Of that in my area.
Speaker 2: Tell me how it works, though, we're in the party room within a government when you have a big majority of labor now does and lots of back benches. When you have the party room meeting in Cambrill, can a backbench to just put their hand up and make a suggestion on hey, how about we cut policy, how about we cut exhaus or do you have to put some sort of formal presentation together if you had an idea like that.
Speaker 18: No anyone can ask anything in our caucus meetings. We also have caucus committee meetings where we have much more detailed policy discussions with less time pressures, and they happen prior to the caucus meetings, so there's room forul lots of debate. But you can also just pick up the phone to the relevant minister or ministers and have a conversation. So you know, there are plenty of ways for us as backbenches to be able to put forward the concerns that we're seeing in our communities.
Speaker 2: Well soon, well, holdly that happens all the time, Holly, could you maybe pick up the phone and now that you're exiting and you're not playing party politics anymore, could you pick up the find a Jim Dr Chalmers and say, hey, how about you cut the excise?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm not quite so I don't have his phone number for a start.
Speaker 2: Well, Susan can give it to you. Susan, you've got phone number.
Speaker 26: But I'm sure Jim would love that.
Speaker 2: America starts with a note zero four.
Speaker 26: But look, on a serious night, going with the fuel prices, what we have to remember at all times it's not just what you're paying at the bowser where it's going to hurt. It's also every single grocery you buy, every delivery you get.
Speaker 18: Everything is going.
Speaker 26: To go up in costs if fuel goes up, because those costs have to be passed on from those companies that are getting food from the farm gate to the processes to the supermarket, so you know, the flow on effects are significant. It's not just what mums and dads pay at the bowser every day.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. On a lighter note, confirmed today that our Pacino started, The Godfather and many big movies will become the first major celebrity to have an official audience with the newly elected Pope, Pope Leo fourteenth. Susan, if you could, if you could meet any famous person did or alive, including a pope, who would you want to meet?
Speaker 18: Well, actually, I've already met the Dalai Lama, and if I could have a longer conversation with the Dalai Lama, who turns ninety next month, I would love to do that. I caught up with Tibetans today at the Tibetan Kitchen in Katoomba, and so he was his top of mind for me. But you know the welse Ludwick's I Beethoven. I would love to meet Beethoven.
Speaker 2: He's definitely passed.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I was a violinist. I love his violin concerto. I just love to talk to him before he lost his hearing and you know, really pick his brain.
Speaker 2: Pauline, if you could meet anyone who would it be.
Speaker 26: Well, I'll stick with the musical theme. Then Susan's just brought in and I'll tell you I'm a complete George Michael and Whitney Houston tragic and if I.
Speaker 18: Could have the two of them, that would be the music.
Speaker 2: Of my youth coming back to life careless whisper.
Speaker 9: Look you know, wake me out for.
Speaker 22: Your go go.
Speaker 26: And there's a long list of Whitney Houston back from Greatest Lovable right through to her later dance music that she put out, and one of those songs was with George Michael.
Speaker 8: So you never know.
Speaker 2: Good on your Holly. Thank you, Susan, Thank you, Susan. Devinman, Holy hughes so al Pacina. He's elected to meet Pope Leo the fourteenth. I reckon for me the edge from you two. Good to be with you this Tuesday afternoon, the sun going down across Sydney. Some more details now about the fire at Kellyville in Gerbert Street. It's occurred in a unit. The fire is now out, that's the good news. However, a man in his thirties in a serious condition. He is being taken by a helicopter to raw Norse Shaw Hospital. Two women are also being treated for smoke inflation. They'll be transported to the raw Norse Shore. But there are some concerns about the man his thirties. Adam Judy believed that there had been burned sustained by some of these people involved. So confirmation that three people have been injured. Two women being taken to Ronald Shaw with smoking elation, the man of his thirties. He is being flown to raynal Shaw via helicopter because of the state of his condition. It's a unit fire that has been extinguished in Kellyville one three, one eight seven three is my number. Big drama in the middle of the city. This morning the Dailing Center courthouse, which is in Liverpool Street had to be closed because there was a burst water main in Carsele Ray Street that then affected nosgrid substation where we've just had confirmation this is going to cause a major problem for our courts. The Downing Center court house will not be open for the rest of the week.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: If you've ever had any illegal dramas and had to appear before court at the Downing Center, you'll know the Downing Center is over about four or five levels. There's a lot of court rooms, so they play a significant role in the justice system. Well, it's not going to operate for the rest of the week. Cases are going to be moved where they can to the Central District Court, the King Street Court, Darlinghurston Hospital Road. But they're much small facilities that already have their own cases to year. So reality is a lot of these cases that would have you heard before the Downing Center Court are going to be put off down the court list and won't be heard for many weeks potentially. That's because of that burst waterman. Coming up in the next hour of the program, I'm going to give you the chance to win money when we play two GB's Winter Wheel.
Speaker 1: This is Sydney now with Clinton on to GB.
Speaker 2: Seven past five one three one eight seven three is the number. The latest from the Middle East. Israel has now announced they've killed Iran's most senior military commander. They've released a statement again on social media. They say, for the second time in five days, the IDF has eliminated Iran's wartime chief of staff, the regime's top military commander. This is a man by the name of Ali Shadmini. He has been identified as the man at the top. He was only appointed to the role a few days ago because Israel killed his predecessor. So the strikes are continuing. It is just after ten o'clock now in Tyran, and the roads out of the capital are still chockers because President Donald Trump US President Trump said it is best for local people to leave the capital. Donald Trump has also said this afternoon our time, before boarding Air Force one to head back to Washington from Calgary, that he is not brokering a ceasefire. In fact, he's taken to his own social media truth social to attack the French President Macron. Now, Emmanuel Macron had indicated that Donald Trump would be at the center of some sort of ceasefire deal. Well, Donald Trump says that's not the case at all. He says, publicity seeking President Emmanuel Macron of France mistakingly said I left the g Summit in Canada to go back to DC to work on a quote ceasefire.
Speaker 12: Wrong.
Speaker 2: He has no idea why I'm on my way back to Washington. But it certainly has nothing to do with a ceasefire. It is much bigger than that. Whether purposely or not, Emmanuel always gets it wrong. Stay tuned. So there is no ceasefire in the Middle East for now.
Speaker 8: If it mattered, thanks to.
Speaker 2: You, you'll hear it here.
Speaker 1: Sydney Now with Clinton Maynard until.
Speaker 2: Said, okay, just an update from Kellyville. The fire that's occurred in a unit in gerb Replace. The fire is now out. That's the good news. You'll still find if you do travel through that area. All the fire brigade and the emergency services are still in the scene. There. Three people, though, are in serious conditions. A man his thirties is being airlifted by a helicopter to rawal Nor Show Hospital. We understand he has suffered burns. Two females are being treated for smoke inhalation. They'll be taken to raw Norsehaw Hospital. It's ten past five now. Premier Chris Means today has said that if police ask for him to change the laws when it comes to bail, he'll give that some consideration. Because, as we've been reporting now over the past day, the man who was the target of the shooting in the Auburn kebab shop, the m Brothers kebab shop in South Parade, the twenty six year old who survived, had been released on police bail and then Corp bail only a couple of weeks ago when he appeared before Paramount, a local court on charges of weapons possession. Police argued through their prosecutors before the magistrate that he should not be released because quote, he was at the EPI center of Sydney's gang law. Nevertheless, the court released him. Well, Jason Box, who was the commander of the task Force Task Force Falcon that's investigating this gang crime, he was on the progmarly earlier and he confirmed to me that this particular man has now been targeted by would be assassins who aren't very good at cheoting people because they miss four times. The latest was yesterday in Auburn, but there was another occurrence on Friday Friday afternoon in rose Hill and a car that was the center of all that has been found burnt out today. It's a white ute. Chris Mins has today said that he is open to reviewing the laws.
Speaker 11: We have shown a willingness in the past to listen to police and enforcement agencies in New South Wales where they say new laws are required.
Speaker 12: And obviously I'm concerned about that decision.
Speaker 11: I mean it may based on the last twenty four hours I know a lot of people in the community.
Speaker 12: To be very concerned about the decision made by the court.
Speaker 11: The question is whether it was an incorrect or an error that was made in retrospect or it should have been known at the time.
Speaker 12: I know the Attorney General was looking at the transcript as we speak.
Speaker 2: The twenty six year old was given bail based on the charges that he was facing, which was a basic weapons offense, but police argued against it because they understand this bloke is at the center of all this crime at the moment, and then the risk is when would be assassin's try to kill him and miss they shoot other people, like the forty seven year old lady who was working at the kebab shop. You'll see the CCTV footage on television tonight from that kebab shop, and it's chilling. You see these two black, two men covered in black. They've got black balakabas on and they run into the show. And you see this one guy who's behind the county. He's actually shaving the kebab meat on the big rotisserie, and he turns around because he can hear the kafuffle, and he turns and he sees these two gum and he ducks. But when they open fire, they've shot a forty seven year old woman twice in the stomach. The owner of the kebab shop, Mohammed Ramyan, he has spoken today.
Speaker 12: My suffer my first priority.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I just hope she's doing all right and we will support her anything we can.
Speaker 2: Like she doesn't deserve it.
Speaker 8: I'd like to get shot. Well.
Speaker 2: She's in hospital at the moment and she's going to pull through. Hopefully she's going to make a good recovery. But it shouldn't come to this because the justice system shouldn't be letting the public down.
Speaker 8: Three.
Speaker 2: Breaking news this afternoon courtesy the Daily Telegraph that the South City rabbit Os have been denied their request to play home games in the NRL at Alliance Stadium. The Sydney Roosters had argued against it. It was a decision for venues New South Wales, effectively the state government. The Telegraph reporting that the Sports Minister Steve Camper has written to Blake solely to say, ah, not going to happen. It's ridiculous. Of course South Sydney should be playing at the Sydney Football Stadium. I've had so much feedback on this issue throughout the afternoon and we'll talk to MG about it after five point thirty. And if you're a South supporter, let me know what you think about it. I've had a lot of South supporters say this is ridiculous. I've had a couple of supporters say no, we like playing at a course stadium because we live in the western suburbs. Rob says, look as long as they stay away from Paramatta Stadium. Because it seems that every male and female sporting team is now playing at Paramata Stadium. Rob says it is the home of the Yels. The rest are just tenants and should remember that. I don't care where souths play as long as it's not Paramatta Stadium. They should play at a core stadium. And the Sports Minister Steve Camper, I know he's a fan of the show. He's a good man, Steve Camper. I'm not a Rabbit as support of Steve, but I'm urging you do the right thing by the Rabbits. Let them play at Alliat's until six.
Speaker 1: This is Sydney Now with Clinton Maynard on two GB. You call now one three one.
Speaker 2: Eighty seven three if you want to have you saying that you can give me a call. Young Australians have had some well, sort of positive news. Westpac says almost one in six age between twenty five and thirty five have actually saved enough money for a five percent deposit. Now, why that's now important is because Anthony Albanezi went to the election with the guarantee that the government would guarantee five percent deposits, which means that a young home buyer could borrow ninety five percent of a purchase price. However, the issue is many are still being knocked back for loans because of the ablitted to service a mortgage long term for the repayments. I want to bring in Matthew Hassan, who's a senior e commerce with Westpac cod I Matthew, Hey, how're the going. I'm good. This is in some ways surprising because there's very much a theme that young people can't get into the property market, but your research has found that a substantial number can do so with a five percent deposit.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 15: We estimate that nationally about four hundred thousand would have enough savings to go ahead with a five percent deposit on a house purchase at the median price in the relevant area. That said, as I sort of mentioned, that's only part of the challenge of becoming a first home owner.
Speaker 8: The deposit might have got a bit.
Speaker 15: Easier, but the service ability tests are really the big filter I think when it comes to house purchases, and with a five percent loan, you know the flip side of that, you're going to be borrowing ninety five percent of the property price and that's significant hurdle. So while it does sort of widen the catch a little bit, and if you're where with all income wise, it's a pretty good scheme, it's still very challenging for most first time buyers looking to get into the market.
Speaker 2: So, Matthew, when you're talking about serviceability, we're talking the repayments, whether it's fortnite, leep monthly. The fact that interest rates are now trending down, will that mean that there will be more younger people will be able to afford based on this research that you've released, It.
Speaker 15: Doesn't make it a little bit easier, you know, in the end, it depends on you know, the numbers are kind of important. You know, the indust races are tunding lower, but they're down half a percent, so far. You know, we think they'll go another half percent by the end of the year and maybe another half percent in the first half of the next year. That'll go quite a long way towards improving things. But we're not going back to the ultra low rates that we have during COVID. So given we're prices have moved over the last few years, it's still going to be a challenge for most first time by so, you know, a step in the right direction, a bit better, but still not easy.
Speaker 2: Matthew, what would you say to this, because I'm sure I'm going to get messages from some of our listeners will point this out. They'll say that, well, when we were buying a home in the nineteen eighties, late eighties, we had interest rates into the early nineties eighteen percent. That younger people don't know how good they've got it because the interest rates are so much lower than that. How would you respond to that?
Speaker 15: It's a big different is the price levels that they're trying to buy at. You know, the median dwelling price nationally at the moments that are eight hundred and twenty five thousand. That's a world away from the medium prices that were availing when we had seventeen to eighty percent interest rates, And I know incomes have moved as well over that over that long period, but they haven't really kept pace. So it's a complete world away from that those ultra high industrates. Yeah, of course that was a difficult moment for home owners to buy into it for the more we felt that had had to copse those very high instrates at the time, not saying it wasn't hard, but I think that's a measure of just how far things have gone. Price was that we are pretty similar in terms of affordability to those really stretched interestrate levels back then. And the difference really is that, you know, today it's the deposit hurdle that's really hard compared to the late eighties early nineties, when it was the serviceability was the real issue.
Speaker 8: Back then, How on earth are you going to repay.
Speaker 15: Those sorts of interest payments on a mortgage? Now the just payments aren't really the owners or the interest rates as high, but the deposit hurdle is much higher, and the interest payments on the high more which is is significantly elevated as well.
Speaker 8: So when you go through and do the.
Speaker 15: Calculations, and I'm sure I think the reply to that that sort of assertion would be have a look at the home loan calculators online and see how you feel about the amount of cash that goes out on servicing a mortgage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point, Thank you, Matthew. No worries mate, your son who's the Westpac senior economist. It was hard back in the day of my parents. It's probably a bit easier for me when I got to the market twenty odd years ago. I do feel for young people these days. One three one eight seven three our number eighteen past five GV Winter Wheel. That is your cue to call. Be the third caller on the prize line, not the open line. Call me one three hundred seven double to eight seven three for your chance to spin two GB's Winter Wheel. We have forty thousand dollars worth of cash and prizes to give away, and I've got the wheel right in front of me. I've been practicing throughout the day. You could win as much as two and a half thousand dollars in a single hit. We've got great prizes from the Dds Group. We've got wonderful prizes from Dante Genie and lots of cash to give away, so you need to be the third caller one three hundred seven double two eight seven three.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Sydney Now with Clinton Maynard on two GB Colm Now one three to one eight seven three.
Speaker 2: My guy coming up after five point thirty and I've got some more information about South Sydney. I'll share with you in just a moment the plan to move to Alliance Stadium, which has now been thwarted by the state government. But I'm often asked, usually around the twenty sixth of July, how do we determine the Australia of the Year and how are people nominated to be Australia of the Year. The process is actually getting underway now. Mark Fraser is the CEO of the National Australia Council and joins us Mark. This is a question people are always asking me, usually around Australia. How do you become the Australian of the Year?
Speaker 10: Okay, Clinton, it's tri week to be joining you. Look, it's really a straightforward process. But it's a grassroots, community led nomination program. And that's the thing that a lot of people don't realize. It takes a member of the community to take the time to reach out and nominate someone that they know, someone that they've heard of, that they think is inspiring, someone who brings us together as a nation and really makes us proud.
Speaker 2: So an everyday person can nominate another everyday person.
Speaker 10: That's exactly right. In fact, it's the only way they can be considered. And we rely on thousands of Australians every year who take a few minutes out of their day to recognize someone fantastic. It's super easy. You just go to australianof the Year dot org dot au and click nominate now and it just takes a few minutes. And just nominating someone can be the recognition that they're really looking for to pat on the back, encouragement to keep going. Just knowing that someone in the community thought enough of them to nominate them is really important.
Speaker 2: And it does work on a state by state basis, doesn't it It does.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So thousands of nominations across the country and then all of the nominations for each state and territory gets sent to them to look through the eligibility and to shortlist, and then we choose the Australians of the Year and each of the four categories. That's the Australian of the Year, the Young Australian of the Year between sixteen and thirty, Senior Australian of the Year sixty five plus and also the Local Hero, those dead set local legends, and we choose in each state and territory the local winners each year and then it's from that group that the national recipients are selected for announcement on the twenty fifth of January each year.
Speaker 2: Well it's good that week and actually begin the process. So just to repeat, where do we go what website Australian.
Speaker 10: Off Theyear dot org dotu and at least nominate. Now it's super easy if you think of all of those incredible people from New South Wales so have got up in recent years, Georgina Long and Professor Richard Scalia from the Melanomer.
Speaker 2: It's just so worthy, yes, unbelievable.
Speaker 10: They were the twenty twenty four recipients and so many more before them from New South Wales. So I know there's someone out there right now who's going to be the next Australian of the Year, and it just takes someone to nominate.
Speaker 2: Okay, good on you, Mark, thank you for your time terrific bo Mark Fraser from the National Australiaay Council. So just go on to their website and look. It'll take a little bit of time, but it's probably worth doing to actually nominate someone who's worthy. Twenty six past five, right, I have a statement now from the Office of the Minister for Sports, Steve Campe, on this decision that's been made today. Did a nice South Sydney the ability to return to more Park, which I think is wrong now. The statement says the Rabbitos are contracted to play nine matches per season at a course stadium, sydneyly Pig Park until twenty thirty, as they have since two thousand and six. We look forward to continuing to work Thebidos as they create the best game day experience for their fans. The cost to taxpayers of relocating the Rabbitos from a core to Alliance Sydney Football Stadium has been estimated by Venues New South Wales to result in a net loss of between four and a half million dollars and fourteen million dollars, largely attributed to long term agreements around naming rights and commercial programs. So the fact that the Sidney Olympics Stadium as a naming rights partner. At the moment it's a core so that deal would not be worth as much to the government as Rabbitos didn't play there. This is taxpayers money. We simply can't afford to spend on moving stadiums to the rabbit doos. We have critical essential services, including schools hospitals that need to be funded. The rabbit Os have three uncontracted home matches per year venues. New South Wales remains open to hosting the rabbit O's at the Alliance Stadium for those games. They tell us they've invested one hundred and twenty million dollars at a court stadium in recent years to improve facilities including the new screens and Wi Fi and speakers, and they're upgrading food as well, including Sushi Hub and Zeus Street, Greek Food and El Janna. Well, that's a wonderful the food's got. A great problem is Rabbitos don't belong at Homebush. They belong at Moore Park. Should South Sydney be allowed to be playing at Moore Park? The government has rejected the proposal. I'll talk to mg about it shortly, but Brett says and the text line, know they should stay where they are at Olympic Park. Everyone thinks they can break contracts. No, they belong where the contract they signed says they do. But see soouts argue that the government didn't live up to their end of the bargain because they didn't upgrade the Olympic Park stadium to the extent they wanted. More feedback coming in. We'll come to that in the moment. Let's check out his headlines and we've got the late as Katie Puller.
Speaker 13: Good afternoon, Clinton. Two women and a man are being taken to hospital after fire broke out at a unit complex in Kellyville. They're being treated for serious burns and smoke inhalation. Sydney's Downing Center Court will likely be out of action for the rest of the week after a water main burst. Two people were rescued from a lift and hundreds evacuated from the complex as water cascaded Downcastle Raagh Street. Two new primary schools being built in the city's southwest as part of a promise to deliver more classrooms to the growing area. Funding has been set aside in the budget for facilities at Leppington and Emeralds Hills and a council meeting will be held tonight to discuss how to better run a Christmas Day party at Bronte Beach. Alcohol, bands and tickets are among the measures being considered to control crowds and curb the amount of rubbish being left behind in sport. A huge blow for the Giants in the AFL, Star defender Sam Taylor will miss up to six weeks with a fractured toe. Small defender Brent Daniels is also out with a groin injury. Clinton More News at six.
Speaker 2: Six Cody, fifteen degrees in the City, thirteen degrees in Campbelltown, two gvs.
Speaker 8: Winter Wheel.
Speaker 2: Let's find winner. Mark in Hawkesbury has been the third call on the competition line. Hello Mark, heany leinn and how you're going? I'm good? Are you excited? Are you excited?
Speaker 25: I'm lucky good, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: We've got seven hundred and fifty. We've got a fifteen hundred dollars prize, We've got a five hundred dollar prize. We've got a thousand dollars worth of National tiles. We've got a Dentijenie pack. We've got so much here. I'm going to spin the wheel. Okay, yep, okay, here we go. I'm going to give it a really good pull this time. Here we go spinning around. Now, it's probably going to spin about forty seven times before it comes to a stop. It's going pretty fast, actually, because I'm pretty good at spinning the wheel. Okay, we're counting down. It's slowing down. You can hear it ticking away. There, there's seven, fifty, there's a thousand. It's just gone past fifteen hundred. His DENTI Genie has just gone past one thousand and seven to fifty National Tiles or it stopped fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 25: You Ripple of Beauty, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You've just won fifteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 25: That is the easiest money. And I didn't even have to think.
Speaker 2: You just listened to two GB. You just listen to Confirmed today, the number one radio station in Sydney, number one. All right, thank you, thank you, We are number one and we love you. Mark. Good on you, Mark awesome.
Speaker 25: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, you are going to be spinning right throughout the day tomorrow. So with Breakfast with Ben Fordham, the number one breakfast show in this city. I should point out, you'll have the chance to win again with two GB's Winter Wheel and with the number one morning presenter, Mark Levy and with the number one afternoon talk show host Michael McLaren tomorrow and again with me. We will be spitting the Winter Wheel all day long tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Finance Update, So the other way you can.
Speaker 2: Make money is on the stock market. Now, we do not provide financial advice on this program, but Scott Heyward certainly does a great job when he presents Money News from seven o'clock, filling in for Death Night. Hello Scott, Hello Clinton, very kind.
Speaker 27: If Mark's still on the line, which I'm sure he is, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me?
Speaker 27: Clinton?
Speaker 2: He's got a very excited can you hear me? Clinton? You've just listened with Spinning the week Now, a very.
Speaker 27: Very big day for Mark obviously, just winning fifteen hundred dollars Clinton, and I've got away for him to spend that money, which I'll talk to you about in a moment. But everything was really about the Middle East tensions, and unfortunately I shouldn't say fortunately, but fortunately our market didn't fall significantly, only down seven points to eighty five hundred and forty one at the close. Obviously, the tensions between is Raean and I Run have remain elevated even days after the missile attacks from both countries. And obviously now Donald Trump has left the G seven meeting in Canada abruptly to try and deliver some sort of threat to Iran, to say, well, it's time to put the guns down and start to behave. But a shell market, as I said, wasn't affected heavily. Our dollars sitting above sixty five point three US sense. But back on Mark's fifteen hundred dollars win from the big wheel, there is a new US president bit of merch on the market, and it is called but dare I say it, Trump Mobile. Yes, his fame is now going to go into the mobile phone service and production industry. Of course, he's already put his hand in the wheel or his finger in the pie of things such as sneakers and fragrances and watchers and even bibles. But now he is heading into Trump Mobile. Now the phone which is going to sit it around about US five hundred dollars a phone, meaning that Mark and spank is one thousand dollars if you wants one, which of course is more than half of what an iPhone costs Clinton. But yes, that's the latest project from Donald Trump. Eric Trump's running it. He said it will be eventually manufactured locally in the US, because everything is about the United States of America in the Trump family.
Speaker 1: On Sydney. Now, a weather update will be here to help in unexpected weather. Nrima insurance, a help come.
Speaker 2: It should remain drive this evening. At the moment on the coast, it's fifteen degrees, thirteen degrees across the western suburbs. Now tomorrow it looks like a nice day on the way, a sunny day with sixteen degrees mostly sunny, and seventeen degrees on Thursday, partly cloudy on Friday, with eighteen across the weekend, cloudy on Saturday, mostly sunny on Sunday. I'm getting so many messages here both sides the story when it comes to South Sydney where they should play. So the state government's confirmed this afternoon. I've just given you that statement from the Sports Minister, Steve Campa that they're not going to be moving from the Olympic Stadium to Alliance, And so many messages here on the text line, both sides of the story. This one's from Simon regarding South Sydney requesting the move. It's just another chapter written in the book of feuds. Clem says, when the shite hit the fan with South being an NRL site, all teams were meant to have a stadium, the cade for twenty five thousand people, and they never provided that. They shouldn't even be in the league. Ill, come on, Clem, they shouldn't even be in the league. Well what does MG think about that? Do you nex? South Sydney don't even have a right to be in the league.
Speaker 5: MG?
Speaker 8: Hello mate, how are you buddy? I'm just hearing this.
Speaker 23: What's going on?
Speaker 2: So confirmation? You know South Sydney had been lobbying through Blake Soley to move from Sydney Olympic Park to more Park Sydney Football Stadium. Well formally the state governors today said no they can't.
Speaker 8: Oh that's a crying show. I think they should.
Speaker 6: There's plenty of room for the two teams at all stadium. We've got four teams playing out of Combank.
Speaker 2: I agree. But what Steve Camp of the Sports Minister has said, and I've just been given a message from his office, if they were to move, it would cost between four and a half million dollars and fourteen million dollars a year because they would lose revenue through naming rights and other revenue sources for the Olympic stadium.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, so it's a double and tendre money thing. Oh well, Look, I was there last last.
Speaker 6: Weekend at a course stadium and I really think when they have a club game there, they've got to start giving ten dollar tickets.
Speaker 8: What they did for the weekend before between the.
Speaker 6: Doggies in Parramatta on the good Monday the King Charles's Birthday honors, when.
Speaker 2: So they opened up the top deck of the stadium for those ten dollars tickets.
Speaker 8: Sixty thousand people ten bucks.
Speaker 6: Look, it's because when you used to the NRAL in twenty twenty five in crowds especially, you know when you see the Warriors and you see mainly even though they're not traveling that well at the moment, mainly, but.
Speaker 8: They're packing out their stadium.
Speaker 6: And when you go to somewhere like a course stadium and you see that there's fifteen thousand people in our seventy eighty thousand capacity stadium, it's.
Speaker 8: Just not a good look. It's just not a good look.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Now you were in Perth. You flirved Berth this morning for State of Origin two.
Speaker 8: Yeah I did. I'm actually on the nineteenth floor of my hotel. I'm looking right off the stadium. I can say it.
Speaker 6: It's about three k's away as the crow.
Speaker 8: Flies the lights have just come on.
Speaker 6: There to my right is Whaka Cricket.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 6: I played my first game for the Western Red against Saint George. So it's a bit of a big vibe out here at the moment.
Speaker 8: Clinton.
Speaker 6: It's at the airport on the way over here, there's a lot of maro Own, a lot of blue on the flight, which was Jim Pack. There's a lot of talk about Origin and once we've settled into our lodgings there's even more talk about Origin tomorrow night in the news and so it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: We'll get on the preview details actual football tomorrow when you're on the show m G. But this is what this is what always intrigues me when Origin has played in Perth, whether it's in Melbourne in Adelaide, they're fans who are watching two other states. I don't quite understand and it's actually been really successful because they keep pick craps. I don't understand how the fans then are able to latch onto one of those other states and support them because it's they're not from those states.
Speaker 8: No, well, that's that's exactly right. I think.
Speaker 6: You know, most times it's usually Queensland who have the more in a state, if it's Melbourne or Adelaide or Perth, because as we always always know, they're always in the underdogs and they're always the little brothers, so they tend to get the sybe sibity card from those states that aren't really great Bulague states. But I must confess there was a lot of blue on my flight and the way over here.
Speaker 20: And.
Speaker 6: I'm actually taking I've got a bit of our news today about about tomorrow night's game that I will be taking the game Boy out onto the stadium to put on the little plume.
Speaker 2: OMG, what an honor. You're going to deliver the game ball.
Speaker 6: I'm delivering the game ball in my New South Wales, Jersey thanks to Westpac.
Speaker 8: I'll be out there. I don't know. I found that out yesterday, so I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 2: Congratulations m GE. Now that would be obviously in recognition of your fine work with yourself well, but also that you are, Let's be honest, you are probably the biggest Perth rugby league identity there's ever been because you played for the Western Reds, I think.
Speaker 8: So, I think you've nailed it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's you and Brad McKay who did the red It's.
Speaker 6: Funny because we were the two. We were the first two players they signed. And there's actually a Western Reds reunion on this week as we speak. So tonight I'll be catching up with a couple. I'm catching up with Zero and boy Cord and I'm doing a function with them. So the timeframe is different because it's it's quarter to four here in Perth, so I'm catching up with them at about six pm tonight to do a function from seven to nine Perth time.
Speaker 8: So that's and then the Western Reds arrive in town for the.
Speaker 6: Origin tomorrow night and they go all the way through the weekend, which is the Dolphins playing over here in Perth.
Speaker 2: I think as well, saying it's are you telling me it's a week long reunion?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm tapping out after two days.
Speaker 2: Ex football players in a week long reunion that's going to get ugly.
Speaker 8: They're a good bunch of blocks Western red boys, they really are. It's one of the reasons. Well, I always tell you when.
Speaker 6: You listen to me about how much I love the place. And it's changed so much. You know, it's still a quiet city, but it's the enterprise over here is you can tell it's just coming out of the bleacher.
Speaker 8: So it's looking really good.
Speaker 2: I think it's fantastic to have the Bears back. Hey, just reunions. Did you go along to your school reunion, your high school reunion?
Speaker 8: I went to one.
Speaker 6: I went to one, and I would know I was embarrassing because unless they had name tags, I didn't know who everyone was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went to my So I went to my thirty year reunion a couple of years ago, and yeah, there were one of the guys got up on lone list. AGE thought, where'd they get that bloke from?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 2: Say he doesn't even hear, he doesn't ever hit. I thought, well, I don't have a lot left either.
Speaker 18: MG.
Speaker 2: We all talked tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I can't a wait, buddy on Origin. I'll give you all the latest on who's in, who's out, and who's going to win the game tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Good stuff. Mark guy coming to us live from Perth and he'll be with us for a full game preview tomorrow. Week long reunion with the Western Reds. Did you go along to your high school reunion? Did you wear a name so we didn't have name tags it ours?
Speaker 22: Did you?
Speaker 2: I mean that'd be wise, wouldn't it, Because you can be a bit embarrassed if you bowl up to someone to have a yarn and then you don't know what their name was. And that actually happened to me like a couple of years ago. Hey, let us know one three one eight seven three. Okay, quiz time one three one eight seven three if you want to play the quiz. Just talking about Origin, I've got tickets to give away to the Professional bull Riders Origin three event, which is in Sydney on the fifth of July, the final clash between Queensland New South Wales, the fiercest bulls state prior to be on the line. If you'd like to go along, you can buy tickets via their website PBR Australia dot com dot au. But if you'd like to win tickets this evening, give me a call now to play the quiz one three, one, eight, seven to three. I mentioned at the start of the program that there will be a change the way the New South Wales Liberal Party is run. The federal Liberal Party will still run it. How Nick Griner has been brought in and the two Victorians, including Alan Stockdale, have been kicked out. But in a further development, Pru Goward of former New South Wales government minister, has been apported alongside Nick Minchin to conduct a review of what went wrong in the federal election. They've been given the job of sorting out the Liberal Party for the future. The quiz coming up in just a moment. I'm still getting text messages about the Roosters and South Sydney who should play at Moore Park? This one from Daniel. The Rooster's name and logo are on the stadium. It's the Rooster's ground. Nick Polyte has even put his own money into it. I didn't see Big Russell Crowe put any money on school reunions. Rodney on the text line says we have a WhatsApp group around seventy from our final year of school in nineteen eighty three. A part of that WhatsApp group Gabrielle, did you go along to your school reunion? Did you go along to your school reunion? Gabrielle, Oh, yeah, sorry, I.
Speaker 28: Didn't know you're talking to me. Yes, I did, I go. I go every year. Now we had them every ten years up to fifty years, and that's the golden reunion. And now it's fifty two years.
Speaker 2: I'm up to Does everybody still look the same as they did when you left school?
Speaker 28: No, but we do have name tags and we can have even your previous name before you were married. So that was That's a very good one. And I've still got believe it or not, I've still got four friends from kindergarten and we meet every year. We meet a few times a year.
Speaker 25: Actually, very very lovely.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's fabulous. Fifty two years. Good on your Gabrielle. Let's play the quiz home.
Speaker 1: To expose your minds.
Speaker 23: Do you may begin your questioning on Sydney.
Speaker 1: Now questions questions? When I gets questions important patents. I know how sway you are an answer a question?
Speaker 26: Get it right?
Speaker 1: Clinton's quick quick.
Speaker 2: Okay. I've got a double pass to give away to the Professional bull Riding Origin free event. If you'd like to buy tickets PVR Australia dot com dot au. Jesse's in Galston, Hello, Jesse Clinton, how are you, Mane? I'm good, my friend. I hope you're feeling clever this afternoon. And Lana in Cadins, Hello, Lana Clinton. You can go first if you like.
Speaker 6: Lana.
Speaker 2: Okay, your thirty second starts now. The Vietnam War ended in which year? Nineteen seventy five? True or false? Frango means chicken in Portuguese?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 2: Correct? We had friend gas today? Which Ossie band wrote? Beds of burning midnight oil? What is the classic response to see you later? Alligator?
Speaker 28: Don't forget your toilet paper.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you that. It's in a wild crocodile. But I'll give you that you've got to because that made me laugh. Lana, okay, Jesse, your thirty seconds starts now. Al dente is undercooked or overcooked pastor.
Speaker 5: Perfect?
Speaker 2: I'll give you that. Which animal adorn the Holden badge?
Speaker 8: The line?
Speaker 2: Correct? What is the capital city of Rome? Rome is the capital city of it That's one of my best who's the current Prime Minister of New Zealand? Okay, what we're going to do because I was brilliant with my questions.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 2: We're going to call it a tie and we're going to ask you, Jesse and Larna, one tie bracket question. Okay, it's going to be an easy one, all right, So I'm going to ask you the question. Whoever has the answer, yell out your name. I might have done okay in the ratings today, but but I'm no Larry End but that's for sure. Okay. Question here the tie breakert. How many days are there in a leap year? Akay, Lana? How many days in the year? Correct? Congratulations? Hey, sorry, Jesse Lana. I'm going to send you a double pass to go to the professional bull Riding. It's in Sydney on the fifth of July. You can get tickets PBR Australia dot com dot AU. As I reported a little earlier, the burst water main that occurred today that affected the Downing Center Court complex, which is in Liverpool Castle Ragh Street, means the Downing Center will be closed for the rest of the week. Kirsten's just sent me a message saying this is actually absolutely terrible. It's going to mean hundreds of hearings will need to be rescheduled. I work in courts and tribunals. Everyone is scrambling about what to do next, certainly causing a big mess.
Speaker 1: And now a preview of what's coming up on wide world of sports for the most Australian Kia ever developed Kia's first ever to the Kia Tasman Serve Yours now find out more at Kia dot com today.
Speaker 2: Adam Hawes with one would have sports from six Look and Hawsey. I'm still getting messages from rugby league fans on all sides of the fence about this issue of South Sydney now being denied their request to move back to Allian Stadium, the Sydney Football Stadium.
Speaker 29: Those figures you presented earlier from the state government are compelling though, aren't they. What up to four day million dollars would go down the drag.
Speaker 2: So that would mean that the course a Corps has the naming rights, what they'd have the right to reduce the amount of money they pay the government if Souths don't play there.
Speaker 29: Apparently that's what they're saying, isn't it. But look, I'd love to see the rabbit as back there. Maybe they could just play two or three games well at a core instead at Allian says they're saying they can do Yeah, maybe flip that around.
Speaker 2: That's what I reckon.
Speaker 29: I'd love to see them there because we love seeing full stadiums. No, that's too far, too far, we can't have them. We've already got the Panthers.
Speaker 2: What's on the show.
Speaker 29: Freddie Fitliwele join us. He's co hosting from Perth. Danny Badeiras and of the Blues Legend will be along as well. Boy Boy Billy Slater. He was very emotional today addressing the grub comment from Aaron Woods. So I'll play that audio. I'll get Freddy's thoughts on that. It was Yeah, Billy Slater like I've never seen him before. And Lockie Ash and the Giants will belong to talk about their game coming up against the Suttons.
Speaker 2: Adam Hawes come out with wild Wood Sports from six o'clock tonight, Deep Night with Money News from seven o'clock. John Stanley with Sydney's number one night show from eight o'clock, Phil o' neil taking you through the night before our number one breakfast show with ben Fordham Levy and of course Michael McLaren in the afternoons. We will be spinning the wheel again tomorrow as well the Winter Wheel. Thank you for everyone who's listening to the program this year. I much appreciate your support. That's Sydney now.