Speaker 1: This on two GB, four BC and network stations. This is Wake Up Lustrod, Yeah with fill O'Neil.
Speaker 2: Good morning. How are you nearly July already? Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it just feels like we're on a roller coaster or just some kind of a ride. You just get out of bed every day and just get on that ride and just go with it. Next thing you know, it's Christmas bloody cold in Sydney. I've been out for ages because you know, I've been here since midnight, but I got in about ten and it wasn't as cold as apparently it is now because it's seven degrees in Sydney, but it feels like zero.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: We'll have to check with the ben Fordham team when they get in this morning to find out exactly how cold it is. Spiro is always good for that weather forecaster and in Brisbane eleven degrees, but it feels like nine. Before I get to the front page of the papers. At eight minutes past four, just a couple of texts. Ray at Varnum said Peter Kredlin would make a good liberal leader. We're just talking about the speech that Susan Lee gave to the Press Club yesterday and Jody said, well, I think we were all thinking I could tell the Libs in one minute how they got it wrong. They don't need a six month inquiry. They sit on the fence and like Labor, they're out at touch and they stand for nothing. They're clueless. Jody says, Australia is noomed with labor. We know, why do six months retrospect look over the shoulder this far down the track. It doesn't make any difference, doesn't it. There's no need for the sort of investigation you lost weren't good enough. Move forward would be my advice. And also, hallo Tom, how are you? Susan Lee is not going to be strong enough against Labor. No way, not the party of today. They play dirty and no way would you hear Elbow groveling about the parts mistakes. It's always somebody else's fault, but theirs says die mind you. I think you probably would hear Albow complain, no grovel grovel if there was something that you know wasn't his bomb. Anyway, We're going to get to Luke Boner on Manam at nine minutes past four. Keep your text coming through zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. Nice to hear from you. Let's have a look at the newspapers. As you know, I always start with the Australian because that's the one that comes out with the smallest print. I don't know why the printer gives this one so small. So I've got a squint at it, and if i can get through this, I can get through anything. Front page of the Australian has this. In the space of just twenty four hours, Donald Trump went through the full spectrum of emotions as he tried to pull off the impossible and stop the Israel Iran war. He went from ecstatic to so angry he swore in front of the world cameras. By the end, he was receiving a hero's welcome at the NATO summit on Wednesday, Mister Trump said he was proud of Israel for holding back its plans to break the ceasefire, and that he and that he could see the US having some kind of a relationship with Teyran. So there you go. That's the page of the Australian. Front page of the Telegraph shots multiple times in his career in the underworld and living with the trauma of having to bury his mates. Former hard man of the notorious Brothers for Life gang, Fred Naje has warned no glory awaits those fighting in the current bloody gang war. It's front page of the Telegraph, front page of the Courier Mail. The headline is You've got one job. Eight state labor MPs skipped Parliament and scattered across the state yesterday to criticize the government's budget, with one sensationally declaring it doesn't matter if he casts a vote in the chamber, in a move that prompted outrage from the government. The group of Labor MPs missed part of the parliament sitting day so they could instead hold media conferences outside Brisbane to criticize the state budget. How about that, Well, there's some serious black belt backstabbing, there isn't there. I know that Peter Figan will be talking about that this morning on the four BC Breakfast Show this morning after five thirty on four BBC, because he was talking about that yesterday and I imagine that he would be less than impressed with that particular outcome as well. Here's front page of the Sydney Morning Herald. The ABC has been blasted for wasting more than one million dollars in taxpayer money defending Antoinette Latoff's lawsuit after a court found the broadcaster unlawfully sacked from her Sydney station in a state of panic amid complaints about her views on the Israel Hamas war. So that was the story there, that she was sacked in a state of panic by the people who ended up having to pay seventy thousand, seventy thousand for three days work. That's not bad, is it about what ben Fordham gets paid? I think? Front page of the Age Secret rail plan to beat crush hour in suburbs. This is in Melbourne. A secret government report WARN's passengers will face crush conditions at train stations across Melbourne's fast growing Northern and Western suburbs without an urgent overhaul of the system. The ambitious Blueprint, which supports electrification of the Melbourne and Windom lines and also extends to the Upfield line, forecasts that without any action within the next five to ten years, dozens of commuters will be left stranded on platforms every time a play a train comes. Well, Melbourne, come to Sydney, you got to be stranded on the platform every time a train comes, wondering if a train will come, We'll come to Sydney. There's your Melbourne front page. Here's your Canberra Times front page. The Canbra Liberals Liberals Peter Kain said he was ignored by his party's leadership and left out of important meetings with stakeholders. A week after he left the shadow cabinet, mister Kane has head out again at the Cabra Liberals leader Leanne Castley's staff team, describing a meeting between his staff and her office as a very significant disappointment. But Miss Castley says she has one hundred percent confidence in her staff speaking public about the spat for the first time and he would go to the financial reviews, wrap up the front page of the papers with this. Big investors count the cost of spurning the CBA. The country's most prominent active fund managers avoided buying into Commonwealth Bank, betting the stock was too expensive. Now as they roll off the financial year, they are counting the cost and missing out on the spectacular run of the local share market's biggest company. Well, there you go, and I know what that feels like. I mean, hey, I'm no prominent active fund manager. So I can't talk about buying into the Commonwealth Bank. But I mentioned this story before when my mate said to me, Oh, I'm setting up a year a fruit juice company. Would you like to put in a thousand dollars pill? And I said, no, thousand dollars for fruit. This is in the nineties. Thousand dollars for a fruit juice company. I said, you've got to be kidding. That's a waste of money. So I didn't do it. And the company went on to be Boost Juice. And that's my former boss and who now has over one hundred million dollars in the bank. And I don't because I just knocked it back. So I know how those investors are feeling, although they're investors, so they should have known better. All right, fourteen minutes past four, As I mentioned, ben Fordham on the way at five point thirty this morning on Sydney's two GB, followed by Mark Levy who is having a time of his life spinning that wheel. Go to the social pages the twogb, Facebook or Instagram page to have a look at Mark Levy, who really will be the next host of Wheel of Fortune. I think Peter Vegan four BC at four point thirty this morning, and coming up Luke Boner with the bona Fine Report. The Boner Report just stuff of the four to thirty news. Next up, though, we're going to find out what's going on with the latest in the news from our nine US correspondent Jonathan Cursley, and he'll give us the update on what's happening at NATO as well. Fourteen past four where it's eighteen minutes past four, a couple of people on the tech. So Michael's given us the score in the Cricket Australia one hundred and twenty three for five head on fifty two, Webster out on eleven. And I was mentioning before the Antoinette ler tooth payout of seventy thousand dollars and I mentioned, well, you know that's pretty much what ben Fordham gets paid by the hour. Somebody said seventy thousand bucks is loose change in Ben's pocket, mind you. The good thing about Ben Fordham is, apart from he puts on Sydney's Best Breakfast radio show, he's also a good gauge of the temperature. Because if he's coming into work with shorts and a T shirt on. I know the temperature hasn't quite hit the zero, but I know if we get to zero then it might even be a case where ben Fordham's wearing long trousers. Then you know it's cold. All right, Let's get the update on what's going on with our Channel nine news correspondent Jonathan Cursley in American Morning. Jonathan, Well, Donald Trump is at NATO at the moment. How's that working out for him? Because he got a really nice introductory text on his way there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, unlike Forto, President Trump put pants on, which was probably a good start to his NATO summer. But yeah, look he was walking with open arms. He put out a leaked text message from Mark Rudder, Yeah today, no Secretary General that effectively was.
Speaker 4: Written in Trump speak.
Speaker 5: It was all praising the President, saying that essentially, NATO allies, we're going to do what he wants to do, and that is give this commitment to having the defense spending boost of five percent of GDP. There was handshaking, hugs and smiles. There was a pulicide meeting with Voladimir Zelenski and Donald Trump, who had previously threatened to walk away from NATO.
Speaker 4: Remember his first term.
Speaker 5: This was an organization essentially he said that US didn't essentially need to be part of and has pushed consistently for Europe to do more.
Speaker 4: He says he's walked away.
Speaker 5: From this summit feeling a little bit better. So the groveling, the bending of the knee, that, if you want to call it, the kissing of the proverbial ring, seems to have worked. It has rubbed off on Donald Trump because that is what the NATO allies wanted to do. They wanted to essentially shower him with love and affection, and in doing that, they essentially got a commitment from him that you know, he will be back, that the United States will stay, that they will remain a committed member of NATO. And he's obviously pleased with the fact that they are going to spend five percent boost the defense, spending about five percent of GDP. Interestingly, little side note that seemed to come out of this. Sitting alongside the NATO Secretary General, Donald Trump was called Daddy.
Speaker 2: I say all that I heard that, Daddy. Yeah, Wow, wasn't that interesting?
Speaker 4: Daddy Trump?
Speaker 5: President Trump, He was asked if he treats all of the NATO allies like children, he says, you know, sometimes they don't get along. But he seems to think that he doesn't mind being called daddy. He even thought that he was that it was said, you're my daddy. So I'm not sure what quite conversation he was listening to, but needless to say, headlines, nicknames, some sort of weird romance coming out of all of this. A successful summit for NATO, A successful some yes.
Speaker 2: Well you know, I would say in defense of the NATO chiefs as well, and in defense of anybody at NATO. Whatever work works right, whatever it takes.
Speaker 5: Whatever it takes. And clearly Mark Rutto, who has been a leader of a European nation, has worked out that with Donald Trump, whatever it takes means just shower him with what he wants. And if you do that then you will get what you want in return. So transactional, yes, transactional friendship relationship showered with love and affection and plaud it and pats on the back and plays. But he has played exactly unto the Donald Trump handbooks.
Speaker 2: Well you know, they probably read the Art of the deal and they knew where to go. Although this hasn't been without controversy. Donald Trump comparing the bombing of the Iran nuclear science to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which you know was another Donald Trump is and I suppose.
Speaker 6: Well it is.
Speaker 5: I mean, there is nothing comparable to what happened at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It is essentially the biggest nuclear attack by a nation on another one that the world has seen and have not seen another one of a nuclear bomb likes. Since that's time, Donald Trump had been pushing this line that the United States has obliterated, destroyed Aram's nuclear facilities, even though there was this defense intelligence report that came out yesterday that said, no, that's not the case. Essentially they have been damaged, but they've already been delayed really by about.
Speaker 6: Six months or so.
Speaker 5: In the last five moments five minutes, we've just heard from his Director of National Intelligence, Solsy Gabbar, who's come out and miraculously somehow discovered some new intelligence that says, actually, yes, President Trump is completely right, the nuclear sydes have been destroyed. It's going to for some decades to bring this all back. So look, there's conflicting reports, conflicting information coming out in the wake of the US strike on alarm. But clearly the key aspect out of all of that, Iran had four hundred and eight kilograms of the question now is where is that?
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 5: Where is that uranium? Because if they want to restart a program, they may well have the uranium. That's a danger, that's a risk. The American intelligence agencies would want to be highlighting exactly where that is faster than they can possibility.
Speaker 2: Let's just go back to what you were saying about Telsey Gabbard. Didn't she have a falling out over intelligence with Donald Trump a lesson a week ago and was on the out.
Speaker 5: And you hit the nail exactly on the head. She was the one who sat before a committee and said the intelligence agencies were not off the view that Iran was developing a nuclear weapon. And when it was put to the presidents that this was exactly what had been said, he said, no, that's rubbish. The intelligence agencies are wrong. Who in my administration would say that? And he said Tulsi Gabbard? Yeah, And then he said, oh, well, she's wrong. So clearly the Director of National Intelligence, he's under pressure to try and keep herself in the inner sanctum. She hasn't released this new intelligence report yet, which wait and see whether that information obviously comes out. So clearly there's a lot of behind the scenes powerplays going on, but when it comes to a Trump administration, the only person who holds any power is Donald Trump himself.
Speaker 2: Well, it looks to me that they'd be trying to keep your job because a couple of days ago, both her and Pete Hegseth were completely on the outer that was talking about, you know, Pete Hegseth being replaced and also Tolsy Gabbart. So she's probably been thinking to herself, I've got to keep my job here. But it's interesting, isn't it, because there's so much talk, a lot of it's coming out of CNN and also coming out of the New York Times saying that, you know, they don't believe this strike on Iran and the nuclear facility was as successful as Donald Trump has tried to claim it has been. But you know, from a layman's perspective, it's hard to know because you're only seeing images of something above the ground, and this is going way down into the ground. Until you've got some kind of camera going underground, you know, you haven't got any proof of whether or not it was successful or not.
Speaker 5: And that's exactly the point. You need the underground assessment. You need images from inside the his tunnels, inside these facilities that go tens and tens of meters underground to get a real gauge on exactly how much has been destroyed, because as you can see from the existing satellite images, it just looks so cold on the ground. But what they were trying to do was cause the damage underground. Now, the thing with Donald Trump is his language is always strong. He always goes above and beyond and over the top. So it was language like a bliterator totally destroyed, total obliteration that he kept talking about. That is obviously not giving himself much wiggle room really, because if there is any intelligence that comes back that suggests even slightly it's not well, Yes, organizations like CNN and The New York Times, which he is highly critical of, I're going to point it out to him that this is the case. And he's even been quick in the last hour or so to come back at CNN and the New York Times, accusing them, as he does, of being fake news, of being legacy media that are getting it wrong. And have a vendetta against him and are out forget him. It's a message to the design to get to his supporter base. But to go back to your question, Yes, the only way you can answer exactly how much capability of runs is you have to get people or cameras under the ground and find out exactly what the run has left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, I'm on Trump's side here. I mean, it's easy to mean what you know essentially was one of the most successful military strikes in history. You know, it's easy to say, well, that didn't happen. But if you haven't got the proof see in New York Times, if you haven't got cameras under the ground, then you know you're just speculating. So, you know, to say that it wasn't successful, I think is unfair on the attempt that he was trying to, you know, to try and ease the situation. So that's what's happening in the world, my friend, Anything else that you wanted to mention when I've got you hear anything else in the world of any interest?
Speaker 5: Mate, let's mention Taylor Swift getting back on stage, shall we? For those listeners up early in the morning. She's been back at Nashville, back in her home area, back on stage, performing publicly for the first time since the end of her ears to a Phil, I know how big a swifty you are, mate, and I have no doubt that you'll have been saying all the videos that have been streaming of her with her football star boyfriend Travis Kelsey hanging out in Nashville, strumming along, singing a little bit of Shake it Off.
Speaker 2: Oh you even know the names of the song? If you said if I was, if I had seventy thousand dollars spare and I'd hit you with that question, I would not have put seventy thousand dollars on the fact that you'd come back with a headline that featured Taylor Swift. Now, that was the most unexpected response I've ever had.
Speaker 5: So you can take it to the break by you can sing the lyrics, mate. I'll leave you to do all the magic work your vocal cords. Let the listeners of Australia hear just how much the haters are going to hate, hate, hate, and the rest of the words that Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Like you said, can you know the words you've got? You're ahead of me Jonathan good to toich you mate, thank you so much. Jonathan Kursey Channel nine correspondent there with the update on the important news, Taylor Swift and the other stuff as well. Okay, coming up to four twenty eight, We're going to catch up with Luke Boner in a moment. We'll get the Boner Report and find out what he wants to talk about and to talk to you about as well. It's interactive, so get your calls on the air one three one eight seven three. Our text number two if you want to text me here in the studio zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three at four to twenty eight. We'll get the newsrooms after this and your sport update twenty nine minutes to five on a text here no name on the text. But I don't understand the skepticism about Iran and nuclear weapons. They themselves have been saying for years they want to make one. They're one of the richest oil nations in the world. What do they want the nuclear power for? Do people think they're concerned about net zero? The only reason they haven't got one yet is because Israel has been taking out different parts of their nuclear infrastructure for decades. That's a text that came through. No name on that, but appreciate your text. Zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. If you'd like to Texas one three one eight seven three is a phone number. We'll talk to Luke Boner with the Boner Report in a second. You can give him a ring and have a chat about whatever is taking his fancy this morning. But in the meantime, at twenty eight minutes to five, let's get to the news booths around the country, starting off at the newsroom in Sydney on two GB.
Speaker 3: And now on Wake Up Australia News Today.
Speaker 2: It's Sasha Foot, Good morning, Sasha, what have we got?
Speaker 7: Good morning Phil that two men have been charged over a mass brawl at a building site in Sydney's northwest. It's alleged to scuffle was the second fight at the Merriton work site in Castle Hill. They say the father and son came back with a larger group for a second day when the brawl broke out. Psychiatrists in Queensland are slamming the state government over a failure to invest in the mental health workforce. The Royal Australian College of Psychiatrists believes there's no concrete plan to address a shortage of beds, and NATO leaders have agreed to hike defense and security spending to five percent of annual GDP. US President Donald Trump says the hike is historic after pushing for the demand at the summit. Phil More News at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Thank you Sasha in the two GB newsroom in Sydney. That's got to Melbourne. The three AW newsroom and it's Kiara Parker. Good morning care, Good morning Well.
Speaker 8: The Victorian Liberal Party here is set to be embrailed in a fresh legal case for the Supreme Court challenge to John Psudo's promise one point five million dollar loan. Expect to be lodged today. A group of Liberals behind the mover seeking injunction blocking the party from loaning him the money he needs to honor his two million dollar debt to his colleague more redeeming for defaming her and to avoid bankruptcy. The judge in the Mushroom murder trial will today begin a third day of instructions to the jury before they begin deliberating to determine whether Aaron Patterson is guilty or not guilty of deliberately poisoning her relatives with deathcat mushrooms. It's week nine of the trial, the jury not expected to start deliberations until tomorrow, and a factory fire at Hallam is now under control. The cause of the blaze at a school book business which broke out overnight is being investigated.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Kiara. They're Kiara Parker in the Melbourne three aw newsroom on the Texas one came in from Ray. The reporter from CA a man who reported the current league, is the same reporter who said the Biden tapes were fake and Russian coercion was correct. They are only Trump haters who will say anything to bring Trump down. That text coming in from Ray.
Speaker 1: There a sports update thanks to West End Mootor Group incorporating Paramatta and Blacktown Master, two great Master dealerships saying great people, saying great service seven days a week.
Speaker 2: Cameron Green will stay at number three in Australia's batting order for the next for the first Test against the West Indies, despite a low score in the recent World Test Championship Final. Captain Pat Cummings said Green is seen as a long term option that is hitting well in the nets. Josh English comes in at number four, replacing the injured Steve Smith, and also Sam Costas nineteen will make his debut opening with the usmn Kwasher, and also Magnus Lubashane, who has dropped. We don't want any moving parts, or at least not too many, said Cummins. Green will get a good run. And yes, I know called John Josh Inglish Josh English a moment ago. It's twenty five minutes to five. All right, let's good to look.
Speaker 3: Now on Wake Up Australia. It's time for the report.
Speaker 2: I got to apologize. I didn't mean to speak to you yesterday, but I was running around and doing some rap for this show. I was in my pajamas to do. I was doing preparation to keep us on the air for five and a half hours, I know. And I was in my pajamas until about seven o'clock and I saw you ring me, and I know you were very excited about something. And now I feel very apologetic because you're going to tell me about it.
Speaker 6: Well, let's listen here and not so repugnant. Phil. It's a story that has has created a lot of stir on my social media feedback on the bona Fide podcast, and I just wanted to run this story past you and your listeners because I can't believe how petty some people can be. But if you think I'm wrong, you'll let me know. It's the story that comes out of Adelaide. Last week. There was a private school and there were some year twelve boys, ten of them, year twelve, November, year twelve, and they wanted to thank their science teacher for being a good educator. And so these boys, with the knowledge of their parents and the knowledge of the teacher's family, they rocked up at his house and cook him and his family breakfast. They were year twelve students from Saint Peter's College in Adelaide. As I say the student's parents were aware of their plans, and the breakfast was organized without the teacher's knowledge, but his family was in on it. Even one of the kids even started playing the piano. It was all over by seven point thirty. And the teacher, who has contacted me, has said that he was just so flattered because as an educator, I won't read you. I think I sent you his email, the teacher's emails. I went on on breakfast television and was talking about this and asked my opinion, and I said I thought it was great. Now one parent, one parent has made a complaint to the Board of Education saying it was completely inappropriate, that they overstepped the boundaries of teacher student relationships. And it would have been okay they'd had a barbecue on school grounds, but for year twelve students to go to a teacher's house and cooking breakfast was absolutely inappropriate. Well, I am saying ball. I think it was a wonderful gesture. You know, we are losing teachers hand over fist, especially male teachers, and for these students to feel enough warmth and love for this bloke to say thank you for educating us and as a present, we all just want to cook your breakfast to make you feel special. I think it's absolutely wonderful. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: No? But here's the issue too. You're absolutely right, But the issue is apart from anything else. You know, five hundred parents probably thought this was a great idea. Only one person didn't like it, and that's the one person who's getting listened to. And why is that the case?
Speaker 6: I don't know. And it's created a huge stir and believe it or not. The feedback on my Bonifi podcast social media, about fifty percent of my podcast listeners agree with that one parent that they're saying, no, it oversteps the boundaries of student teacher relationships. So I was really surprised when everyone's welcome to their feedback. But am I wrong? I remember when I was at school, I was in year eleven. I didn't go through the year twelve. I dropped out and got into radio, can you tell? And our basketball coach was a teacher at the school and we all went back to his place for a barbecue one Sunday. Was there anything wrong with that? And we weren't in New twal Just remember this is year twelve. I'm tipping that probably more than half of these students are adults.
Speaker 2: Anyway, seventeen, that's right. Yeah, So the phone number is one three one eight seven three if you'd like to give us your opinion. One can I ask you this though? So he's the teacher's family were there too, right.
Speaker 6: Absolutely absolutely, and they were all in on it, and the parents of the year twelve students were in on it. But it was one pairent that complaint. Incidentally, from what I understand, that one parent that complained his son wasn't invited.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go, there's the rub so fifty percent, so split down the middle.
Speaker 6: It split down the middle. I was surprised. I thought that overwhelmingly people would think that the complaint was rubbish and that it was a lovely gesture of some year twelve boys at Saint Peter's in Adelaide. So I'm reading the room role as well. I'd love to know what our listeners think. Was that inappropriate? I don't think so, But tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd like to know on what grounds.
Speaker 6: Well, they're saying that that students shouldn't visit teachers' houses.
Speaker 2: But his family were there, so I can see that. So if he was there on his own, and I mean this is really you know, like splitting hairs, you know, but if you were going to draw any kind of inference on anything like that, you could say, well, he was there on his own as a teacher. But if his family were there as well, and it wasn't just one student going on his own to cook one male teacher on his own breakfast, you know, there's not even that isn't coming into the equation whatsoever.
Speaker 6: The teacher's name is Hiwa Zoo Dardi.
Speaker 2: He wrote to me, and I just lost you for a second, that you're gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I sent you his email. I won't read at all. It's quite long, but he says that teaching is a reward and that the bonds between teachers and students have a profound impact of the young person's life trajectory. What occurred that morning, he says, would have been inappropriate if I was involved. It was deeply appropriate as it was a powerful moment of gratitude. It entirely by the students, shared openly with their families, and handled with integrity. And he goes on to say, Luke, thank you for your balanced perspective and for articulating something that so often goes unspoken in public discourse, that respect, trust, and high expectations can and should exist at our schools. He says, Luke, your voices offered a moment of clarity in a conversation that was at risk of being clouded by fear. With sincere appreciation, Hia jail DARNI, So there you are. He reached out to me because he appreciated the sentiment. But apparently, according to about fifty percent of the feedback. I get I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's get to the phone. And Peter says on the text it's a rubbish complaint a group of kids. How about they go after they finish year twelve and do it again, says Peter and Banks. Now I remember to sir with love, Sidney Poisier. You know, oh god, let's get too lu there you go exactly. Bob's on the phone in Botany. I think Bob and I are on the same page. Bob Mortie, Mate, you're wrong with Luke Boner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gooday, Bob, what do you have I got this wrong?
Speaker 9: No way in the world, mate. It just shows you the way the world is evaluating. Now, one person complained ninety No one might say it's okay. But I'll listen to that one person. And that happens in everyday life now, Luke. I mean they listen to the one person, not the majority. The one person don't take their advice. In the old days, they throw them out and take them around the back and say, mate, you're an idiot, see you later. But now I mean, I'll listen to that one idiot.
Speaker 6: I know I don't get this. How did we get to this. How did we get to this stage where one squeaky wheel can ruin a wonderful gesture. I don't get it. I'm just getting too old. I need to jump off.
Speaker 2: But also, I think that we live in such an era of social media induced outrage that everybody is angry, but half the time people don't know what they're angry about.
Speaker 6: Luke, I know, and they obviously don't have enough reason to get up in the morning. I mean, if you really the plaint said it was outrageous, use the word outrageous and has made an official complaint to the Board of Education in South Australia. This is this is absolutely madness, isn't it. It's madness. We are losing teachers and we desperately need male teachers. I'm not rubbishing the female teachers. They all do a great job, but you have more kids than ever coming from single parent families where they're lacking a male role model, and I just think we've got to do everything we can do encourage teaching. And this story almost broke this poor bloke, and he was obviously grateful with my comments. I was very strong when I went on breakfast television during the week to talk about this. You know it wasn't inappropriate the year twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the man's family was there. Let's get to another call. One three one eight seven three is the phone number if you want to speak with Lek Bonner about this. So let's get the Sam who's on the Central Coase. Hello, Sam, you're on with Luke.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, mate, Yeah there you're going.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great, good morning.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hey mate, idea your voice again, mister Boner, and I'll be back.
Speaker 6: Doing drive for Clinton in July, so stay with me.
Speaker 10: Oh God be God be Hey. I just think as a society, I think the normal people have just had enough of being outraged, so they don't raise their comments anymore. So then the silent majority is still silent, and the minority dictate to the majority.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I spoke to an old friend of mine, the Reverend Jim Reynolds, who is the head of Outreach Ministries Australia, on my podcast yesterday. He agrees with the complaint. He thinks it overstepped and he thought it was inappropriate. And this guy is the coolest reverend you'll ever meet, and yet he sort of he went along with the fifty percent, so it caught me completely by surprise. I want to know to the caller, did you ever socialize with teachers when you were at school?
Speaker 2: Sam? Did you ever socialize with teachers when you're at school? No, Sam has disappeared and fallen off the line. Now I think I'm going to take a guess and say, probably the answer is no, because when you're at school you didn't socialize with the teacher. But you know, those were different times. But as he was saying, and I think I disagree with him, Luke, and he was saying that, you know, people have finally got to outrage fatigue. I disagree with that. I think we haven't even scratched the surface of outrage yet. You know, the more outrage, the more outrage, I think.
Speaker 6: But I remember, of course, I'm going back to nineteen seventy eight now, when we were in the fifth form what was called year eleventh. We had the traditional end of year's school play. God we did South Pacific and Forest High did Greece? How cool were they? But anyway we did and we used to have weekends barbecues with the English teacher and the music teacher, and that was Year eleven. Our parents were aware of it. Some parents even turned up. But we developed a wonderful relationship with our music and English teacher while we were doing this school play. I don't remember anything inappropriate. They treated us like young adults.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, I've got some text coming through and I got some calls. I hang in there just a moment. I'll get to your text zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three and your calls as well with Luke Boner. Give us a ring now one three, one eight seven three, fourteen to five and I'm fillown Neil here at eleven minutes to five ben Fordham on two GB Sydney at five thirty and also coming up on four BC in Brisbane, Peter Vegan. Luke Boner joins us for the Boner Report before I get back to back to more of the calls here, and we're talking about students from an elite private school in Adelaide surprising their teacher by going over to cook breakfast. I've got more calls coming in. Let me give you a couple of texts here too. By the way, Mike says Luke, as much as you think it was a good gesture, perhaps having the breakfast at the school and invite the teacher's family might have been the better idea. Here's one from Brett who said, there's nothing wrong with what those year twelve students did for their teacher. The fact is we only have one full complaining typical of the nanny state, but also completely different to that was one that came in a moment go as well from Margaret who said, look, it's just creepy. You know, you've got don't care if the family was involved. It was inappropriate from all ethical views. And I've got some calls coming through for you too, including Mark, who's on the phone from Brisbane. Morning. You're on with Luke Bonner.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, mate, Yeah, yeah, good morning, Luke.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I just want to think that you completely correct. There is there is a real problem in the world today with the male worker. Okay, for some reason, I believe there's an imbalance and there's a balance problem. You know, there are not enough male teachers and they're not going there because everybody looks at the male teacher for the wrong reasons, not all the good reasons. And I will also say, you know it's completely through the workplaces now with DEI men. Men are being ostracized everywhere and it needs to change and go back to normality. You know, we're not that bad a creature regard.
Speaker 6: I've spoken to a lot of male teachers who have given it away, and they say exactly what you're saying. You know, if a small child falls over in the playground I'm talking about primary school now, a small child falls over the playground, skins their knees, he can't give them a cardior pick them up and say you okay, it's going to be hands off. He's going to be a two meters away and can't show any empathy for the students. That's where we've got And you're right, male teachers are being ostracized, and my god, we need them, We need them.
Speaker 2: That's right. You've got to have good male figures, don't you. I mean, you know, for somebody who did have an absent father, I really missed that influence in my life.
Speaker 6: You're going, Phil, I've got an email that's just come through from Lucy from Pennant Hills, and my email she says, it would have been a different story if it was girls at a girls school going to a male teacher's place to cook breakfast. Really, these are nearly adults and they just wanted to say thank you to an educator. Do you think it matters whether it was boys? Lucy from Penn and Hills is saying that it would have been different if, say, were feemale students.
Speaker 2: Really yea, and what aspersion does that then cast on males. Let's get to David, who's on the phone at Penrith. David, you're on with Luke Boder.
Speaker 4: May go ahead, thank I telling you great. I graduated in twenty two.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to put you back to Dale just said yeah, because that's a pretty bad line. But we'll go to David if we can get him back in a good line in just a second. Oh, let's get to Mike, who's on the phone in Billgola. Good morning, Mike, you're on with Luke.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Yeah, good way, Phil and Luke. Good show. Just this a whole idea of the minority caving an excessive voice. It's because I think they, the majority of two gutless now to stand up for a value. They've lost the art of argument, and in this particular case, they've led a very single or very small number of people have their sort of views expressed and carry where the majoritys probably wouldn't mind about it. I think we've got to learn to argue. We've got to learned to stand up for our value, isn't it. And also it was one small thing in there sixties lou in the Northern Preaches where we going well with our teachers and we used to streat with them on a rider out a pub.
Speaker 6: The way life was. What school did you go to?
Speaker 11: Mainly?
Speaker 6: I there was maybe boys back then.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was, it was very, very it was. It was a good school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you're the girls' school which is now fresh forward selective across the road across the oval look. I went to Narrabeen Boys High. We were co ed and then it was narrow being high and we got on great with our teachers. But when you're in year eleven and year twelve, you are treated like a young adult because you're at school because you want to be, not because it's the law. And I mean the relationships we had with male and female teachers was fantastic, nothing inappropriate. So there you are.
Speaker 2: And can I just say to Mike that I disagree with you say people have lost the will to argue, Mike, I can guarantee you people have got more will to argue. To be honest, that's take one more call and that will be Jim who's on the phone from Newcastle. Jim morning, you're on with Luke Boner work.
Speaker 13: Could hear you?
Speaker 6: Great? Good morning.
Speaker 13: But I'm just going to in regard to this teacher I recalled back when I was ill with the same hum may not drop a year eleven and never pursued a higher education. But I have a brother who had a quite good relatedship with one of his agriculture teachers, or recall actually going to his agriculture teacher's house, but barbes his with what appearance, and that wouldn't have such a confound effect with my brother, he actually would ont to pursue a career as a teacher, and he's still teaching some thirty years later. For desay, I think that there's someone he could could be attended by. A students showing glative towards the teacher was a little bit word.
Speaker 6: I think the world's gone mad, and is that parent feels as though they have nothing important to complain about. Now what they need to do? They need to go down the Westmeat Children's Hospital and look at the pale, sad faces of the parents in the waiting room. They're visiting their children with something real to worry about.
Speaker 2: That's it perspective, Luke. Always good to talk to you, my friend. Give it a.
Speaker 6: Plug, go on, Okay, it's the podcast is bona Fide with Luke bonap Luke Boner radio guy at gmail dot com. And I'll be filling in for Clinton for a couple of weeks when he takes the world deserve break from July seven.
Speaker 2: You might want to give Ruth a shout out too, because she's very excited about that sent through a text and she can't wait to hear you too, my friend.
Speaker 6: Oh how inappropriate.
Speaker 2: And listen. I promise next time you ring me, I promise I'll answer your phone, even if I'm in my pajamas.
Speaker 6: Eca, No, no, no, don't. Don't you need all the sleep you can get up, but look in the mirror you need more sleep. Thank you, Phil, love your.
Speaker 2: Longtime, big time too, my friend, Luke Bonadet. It's coming up to four minutes the five blar. Of course, I've been Fordham here at five point thirty and Peter Vegan in Brisbane on four BC. I saw all the texts you sent through. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to acknowledge them all, but I really appreciate them, and I'm sure Luke does as well. All right, let's get to the news update then I'll have a look at your open night news.
Speaker 14: This is this is away ONTOGB, four BC and network stations.
Speaker 3: This is wake up Ostrod. Yeah with fill O'Neil.
Speaker 2: How are you Clark, Thursday, June twenty sixth Funnily enough, you're starting a brand new day as my day is coming to an end. You can never get your head around that work in these crazy open hour over night hours, and if you're a shift worker you can completely agree with that. You know the day, our Friday is about really ready to start as your Thursday starts. Thanks for all the texts that came through for Loup Boner as well. There are loads and loads about the topic he was talking about this morning. Luke, as he mentioned, will be filling in for Clinton Maynard coming up very soon. But yes, so thank you so much for all of the texts that came through, and I will make sure that I'm pass those onto him as well. Ben Fordham here at five point thirty this morning on two GB Peter Vegan on four BC, Mike Levy on two GB Coming up after nine in just a moment, we're going to talk about whether or not Iran actually has the capability to do cyber attacks. But in the meantime, here's some of your overnight news that's been happening while you've been asleep. NATO leaders overnight back to big increase in defense spending that US President Donald Trump had demanded and restated their commitment to defend each other from attack after that brief summit that happened in the Netherlands, and also Donald Trump while he was there, he's certainly the flavor of the month when it comes to everybody trying to curry favor with him, including all of the heads of NATO. How did he go though? When it came to questions from reporters.
Speaker 15: It once said that you would end the up war in twenty four hours. You later said you said that sarcastically.
Speaker 4: Of course it was sarcastic.
Speaker 15: But you've now been in office for five months and five days. Why have you not been able to end the Ukraine War?
Speaker 16: Because it's more difficult than people would have any idea. Vladimir Putin has been more difficult. Frankly, I had some problems with Zelinski. You may have read about him, and it's been more difficult.
Speaker 4: Than other wars.
Speaker 17: I mean, look, we just ended a war in twelve days that was simmering for thirty years.
Speaker 2: Frankly, so they Donald Trump at NATO in the Hague. However, he's not very happy with people questioning the US intelligence about the strikes that were on the Iranian nuclear sides. CNN and The New York Post especially said that it didn't really eventuate and that it didn't turn into anything, and that the Iranian still managed to get away with something like four hundred kilograms of uranium. As I said before the News, I mean, how would you know? And it's unfair forth CNN and also for the New York Post to start claiming that it wasn't successful when all you're seeing is the surface. You know, what they really need to do is they need to stick cameras under there and then you can get some kind of certainty as to whether or not it did have the impact that Donald Trump. Trump said it actually did have. And also Donald Trump compared the impact of those American strikes on the Iranian nuclear sites to the end of World War two, which was a little bit controversial for a lot of people that heard it.
Speaker 4: They're not going to be fighting each other.
Speaker 3: They've had it.
Speaker 17: They've had a big fight, like two kids at a school yard. You know, they fight like hell, you can't stop them. Let them fight for about two three minutes. Then it's easier to stop them.
Speaker 4: And then sometimes strong language s strong.
Speaker 17: Everyone's saying you have to use a certain word. I don't want to use an example of Hiroshima. I don't want to use an example of Nagasaki. But that was essentially the same thing that ended that war.
Speaker 2: This ended that with the warf So Donald Trump's controversial comments there washed over by the fact that he was addressed as daddy. China and Taiwan have clashed over their competing interpretations of history and then escalating war words over what Beijing views is provocations from the Taiwan government and said it's impossible to invade what as already Chinese land. And one more thing for you too, which you may find interesting, especially if you've got a wedding coming up. How much money, how much coin is it costing you? And if you're the father of the bride, you're probably going don't even ask Phil, you don't want to know. Well, how about you compare it to this the Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who's getting married in Venice with his journalist bride, Lauren Sanchez. They've invited scores of people VIPs from around the world, film finance, show business types to Venice for what's being called the wedding of the century. There are people in Venice who aren't happy about this happening at all. Gee, I wonder who's going to turn up to this. I wonder if Leonardo DiCaprio, perhaps anybody from Australia. Gee, wouldn't that be my bet Albo would love to go if he could get the damn invite. Anyway, here is how much it's going to cost, And thank goodness, you are not the father of the bride in this case, Lauren Sanchez. It's going to cost somewhere between forty eight and fifty million euros, which in our language is something like fifty five to sixty million dollars. Again, if your daughter's getting married this weekend, thank goodness it's not the Jeff Bezos, ah right, thirteen minutes past five, quarter past five, change has said on the text. They feel that Jeff bezos fifty million euro actually is equivalent to on the current exchange rates, ninety million Australian dollars. Wow, well, it's good if you've got the cash quarter Pats five ben Fordham on two GB at five point thirty. Peter Vegan on four BC. I read this report in the Wall Street Journal saying that US officials and private experts are warned about being warned about the possible cyber attacks as a reciprocation from Iran. So I thought i'd run this by futurist Skeeve Stevens, who's on the phone. Good morning to you. Iran's capability Is it any good or is it we compared to the others.
Speaker 18: When we talk about significant, we're talking about significant as they are a nation state.
Speaker 4: What that means is do they have a lot of capabilities? Do they have a limited money to do this sort of things?
Speaker 18: Yes, they do, But when it comes down to things like versus Israel or the United States, they're in a kindergarten.
Speaker 3: Level, right.
Speaker 18: Iran essentially causes chaos, not damage, So what they can do is a right around, and they're mostly using things like social media fake person personalities try to mess things up, muddel things up.
Speaker 4: So the example of throwing from the shadows, meaning they.
Speaker 18: Could just cause mess, but they don't really cause damage and significant damage.
Speaker 4: But they can cause a bit of problems.
Speaker 2: Because I'm led to believe that they have been doing cyber attacks for a while, so they.
Speaker 4: Just like to cause chaos and a sort of thing.
Speaker 18: So they're like they've done things in the past where they've hacked some of the water supply in Israel.
Speaker 4: But you know, every time sudden happens in Israel, they get even better and better and better at it.
Speaker 18: I mean, Israel's potentially I would classify as number.
Speaker 4: One in the planet in cyber warfare capabilities.
Speaker 18: So most of the time Israel, sorry to Israel, Iran likes to use their proxies.
Speaker 4: So that's even with hacking groups and things like that.
Speaker 19: So Hezblah has their little cyber activist units and so they're mostly their proxies or people that believe in their sort of I guess their philosophy, like to do little attacks.
Speaker 4: Here and there where I mean, in the previously.
Speaker 18: They've time that banks where they've like caused malware problems. They like to deface websites and do simple denial of service attack.
Speaker 4: It's basically chaos. This is the way I refer to it as it's like.
Speaker 18: Messing things up as opposed to taking things like United States and Israel and even to a certain degree in Australia. If we attack someone's infrastructure, they're literally off the internet.
Speaker 4: They're going to be destroyed for a significant period of time.
Speaker 2: So it's less strategic and more problematic.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, that's what I would say.
Speaker 18: It's less strategic, and I mean they're more opportunistic as opposed to strategic, meaning if they can break into some supermarket websites or cause chaos and maybe take down with a denial of service attack like either a bank or some political websites during an election.
Speaker 4: That's the sort of things I like to do. It's just like think of.
Speaker 18: Them as you know, those protesters that a just running around.
Speaker 4: The streets breaking things. That's the way that I runs.
Speaker 18: I run works from a cyber perspective, but it does cause annoyance to.
Speaker 4: A certain degree.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they're not in the same league as Russia, say, China, or North Korea in places like that, then.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean North Carea is quite limited, but Russia and China they do have significant resources.
Speaker 4: If places like that are going to a take you.
Speaker 18: Let's say they were going to attack Australia, they would be going after electricity supplies, gas supplies, water supplies.
Speaker 4: Those sort of things.
Speaker 18: So I've always said for many years now, the next war will not be with soldiers on the front line. It'll be you and me sitting in our homes when the power goes out or the gas goes out. I remember, many years ago, many many years agoes on with Union Melbourne, the gas supply infrastructure in Victoria went out and we literally had to have like cold showers.
Speaker 4: For about two weeks as they repaired it. So that's the sort of thing that they could take out now.
Speaker 18: It's also one of the things people don't understand is while there are lots of remote attacks, attributing blame is quite difficult because very rarely will a remote state such as Iran, Russia, China attack from their own country. It's very easy for us to actually block traffic from those countries. But what they do is they hack something in Germany that Germany server, will hack something in Singapore that Singapore Service has something in Australia, right, so the.
Speaker 4: Hack will actually look like it comes from Australia itself.
Speaker 18: So trying to say, oh, we're blocking all traffic from XYZ country's when.
Speaker 4: Everyone says that, I just kind of blove and go yeah.
Speaker 18: Really, the Internet is designed not to ever be affected, and you cannot take the Internet down.
Speaker 2: I was in Queensland in the eighties when Sea queb the Southeast Queensland Electricity Board. We're having issues with the job occupedis and government and they intermittently cut off the power and people were just going nuts. And I did read that after seventy two hours, that's when people really start to lose their mind if they haven't got electricity and they haven't.
Speaker 4: Got hot water.
Speaker 2: Like you said, so something even for that minimal amount of time does cause a huge amount of disruption.
Speaker 4: It absolutely does. We have. It's a weird psychological effect.
Speaker 18: If you're sitting in your house, like I'm sitting here right now, if my power goes out, I.
Speaker 6: Go, what the hell?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 18: And then if I walk outside though, and I see the entire streets out, I go, okay, shared suffering, Yeah, yeah, right, that's right.
Speaker 4: We sort of chill out a bit.
Speaker 18: But after a period with electricity, especially when you lose start to lose monetary value, like all the items in your freezer and things like that, that's when people start to get upset.
Speaker 4: But the thing that affects us the most is the things that we never think about.
Speaker 18: You don't sit here turning your tap on, going oh, look at that, My TAP's awesome. I look at my phone until you don't have this exactly, until these things that are just air to us, that we just breed daily, until they get to take it away from us, we don't realize. But this is how we are going to be on the front line. But also all of the countries, and I'm sure Australia to we have operatives in all these other countries. This is they all have operators here, so they don't necessarily just have to attack remotely ciberly from far far away.
Speaker 4: They can do things here too.
Speaker 2: I did see that the Wall Street Journal ran a story about how regulators and governments were issuing warnings to businesses to check their defenses. Are the usual defenses we've got in place? Okay? Is there anything else that we need to do in terms of what security we've got.
Speaker 18: I'm sorry to say this, shore, but we are probably have one percent of what we need. Most people try to do things themselves. It's like having backups. When was the last time you even heard about people backing up servers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right? And like people just to go relate, just to rely on the cloud.
Speaker 18: They relying on whatever product they buy, and they also rely on whatever it's it integrator is telling them.
Speaker 4: Are we vulnerable? Absolutely. We don't change the passwords of our routers.
Speaker 18: Like I did a talk the other day about accessing web cameras and the problem is it is so easy, and people just keep the same factory default settings where you can look into people's cameras, into their bedrooms, their bathrooms, their offices, and you can see what's going on. Because people don't bother, they just assume that technology is safe.
Speaker 4: Now with everything from a few years ago is very different now.
Speaker 18: If you go to Bunning's website and look for the term grid connect, you will see fans, heaters, light switches, power.
Speaker 4: Everything is smart now. Everything has an IP address.
Speaker 18: And I think it was last year that I was messing with my neighbor because he would have bought a fan and.
Speaker 4: He didn't realize I was a smart fan and I was working on my network at the time, and I didn't do it. It's on purpose.
Speaker 18: I went, oh, I don't know what's going on here. There's a fan added itself to my network. So I was turning his van on and off at three o'clock in the morning, and he didn't even realize I was a smart fan and didn't know what was happening. Now, imagine if that was like one of those little twenty dollars powerpoints with an IP address in it, and I'm turning on and off something that's actually quite critical. Wow, everything is smart. Now, everything is smart.
Speaker 2: I wonder what people would be more annoyed at losing a hot shower or the Internet.
Speaker 18: I mean, this is the Internet these days are kind of ubiquitous. I mean, I sit here, I'm using starlink, so you can't cut my cables. But then most people are on five five G and mobile phones. So to take out most people's Internet today, you'd actually have to take out the cellular their works.
Speaker 4: So it's quite hard these days to do a lot of that.
Speaker 18: And the Internet's designed specifically to within built innate failover. Now this is the sad thing is your house might not work, your fridge might not work.
Speaker 4: You can't do anything, but you can still post on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I should have rephrased the question, what do you think people would be more afraid to lose Facebook or toilet paper?
Speaker 4: Facebook probably made.
Speaker 2: Always good to do it you, thank you so much, No problem. Bill Keith Stevens there, the futurist, and he makes a good point there too. You know, it's when it starts interrupting with things that we take for granted, like turning under tap, then all of a sudden, you know it's it's a really big issue. Perhaps I could liken it to this losing the remote control, remember that back in the day when you probably not so much now, but certainly back in the day when you lost your remote control. Well, nothing in the world could be as bad as that, except perhaps now in this day and age, not being able to find your mobile phone twenty five minutes plus five thanks to the people ringing through. But I can't take your call because I got to go home, because it's getting to that time, five twenty nine, getting ready for ben Fordham coming up on two GB just a moment, and I'll find out exactly how cold it is, because it looks like it's around zero at least feels like zero. And Sydney, well, I'll find out if it is that cold. If Ben's actually wearing long sleeves and pants, then you know it must be really arctic outside, followed by Mark Levy, who's having a great time spinning that wheel too. He'll be joining you after nine and in Brisbane for BC, it's Peter Vegan on the four BC Breakfast Show. Hey, it's been a really long show, but there's a lot of stuff we didn't get to, so I'm going to get to that tonight. Hopefully you can join us after midnight. Back here in the meantime, having yourself a fantastic day,