S1: Hi everyone. Welcome to another edition of the Mark My Words podcast. Gentlemen, you are here, piggy and m g. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we were given one bit of advice when we started podcasting. Don't wear black because we've got a black background. What are we wearing wearing black?
S2: Black is grey.
S1: But I'm glad we're talking about this piggy because milligrams just let slip.
S2: Oh, yes.
S1: That he's wearing an interesting piece of attire at home. M g care to spill the beans?
S3: Good morning. Good afternoon and, uh, good. Good day to everyone watching at home.
S2: Good start. Are we starting with that?
S1: We're starting.
S2: We're gonna start with okay, so.
S3: All my girls, I've got three daughters and a wife, obviously, and, um, they've all got big dressing gowns. Um, so every time they wake up in the morning, they don the dressing gown straight away. So I said to them before winter came, I said, I'm going to get a robe for this winter coming up. So I get straight out of bed now in my boxers. Put my robe on. Yes. Walk out. Put the kettle on. Beautiful. Have a coffee with a robe. I feel like Mark Hefner.
S1: Well, Peggy, we're working with Hugh.
S3: Hugh.
S1: You're no longer.
S3: What? Can you give us a description of it? It's big chocolate. It's chocolate. Yeah. It's thick. Thick. Nice and warm. Lost in it. Down to the ankles. Down past my knees. Okay.
S1: What about the.
S3: Robe? So I've got to cross my legs.
S1: He's brought back the chocolate soldiers.
S3: I can never get rid of the chocolate soldier.
S1: How good.
S3: Is that? They're so comfortable. Do it. I do it. It's great. I'm just trying. Instead of putting the pants on in the hoodie. Well, I just put my t shirt. I've just got my t shirt and shorts on. You're warm blooded. Oh.
S1: Not very professional.
S3: Should we answer?
S1: Answer. Sammy Bremner.
S3: Sammy.
S4: G'day, mate.
S3: You're on. You're you're on. You're on the podcast with Levi and Sammy. Sammy.
S1: Sammy, it's Mark Levi. Can you do me a favor? Tell the listeners the truth. Does Peggy know anything about recruiting players or not?
S4: She doesn't. We don't get him.
S3: We get him for his good looks. Can I ring you back? All right. Sammy.
S1: The truth. The truth. Actually, you know what? This is where we start. Dragons. Big news.
S3: Oh.
S1: You are putting together your club one hell of a football team next year. Kodi nikorima.
S3: Yeah, it's a it's a big one, isn't it? Obviously, the reports are out that Kodi Nikorima has signed with the Dragons for two years. Um, another one. Another great signing. I'm stoked. And Levi, I we've spoken about Kodi Nikorima. I know we have over the last few months, I know big man has spoken about him just about how he wasn't signed at the Dolphins. Now obviously they've got um George Williams. George Williams coming from. Can't believe that England can't believe that. Uh, and there was an opportunity for the Dragons to get Katie Nicholl. Nikorima. I just think it's a great buy. I love the way he plays. I love what he's done up there at the Dolphins and the fact that the Dragons will have Drinkwater at fullback. Metcalfe at half and Nick arena at five eight. Connor Watson as well in and around the ruck. Keon Koloamatangi. Phillip Sami out wide.
S5: They throw them in with the couch boys. Yeah. Egan. Hamish Stuart.
S3: Yeah loco. And then you got Val Holmes still there like it's.
S5: Who's um is it Daniel Anderson. Who's your recruitment officer Daniel.
S3: And yeah. And who's the head of.
S5: Recruitment at the moment have put together a top eight team for next year. Wow. I will say right now it's the 29th of July. My bold statement for next year was the Dragons will make the eight. Wow will make the eight. If they don't, I'll walk to Wollongong backwards nude now.
S3: In the.
S1: Road.
S3: In the road.
S5: I walk in the road. Yeah. Not nude.
S1: No one needs to say that.
S5: Especially winner.
S1: No one can afford that.
S3: What they've done is they've given themselves a chance, haven't they? Pretty pretty quickly. It's a big turnaround. Um, but the hard work will start in November.
S1: You're, uh.
S5: That's very diplomatic, isn't it? The hard work will start in November.
S1: Wow.
S5: You're turning into a coach.
S1: I would say this, though. It's like the. Is there genuine excitement amongst the Dragons fans? Because I reckon out of all the supporters in the rugby league, the Dragons fans are very, very hard to please.
S5: Oh, sorry. What about poor Tigers at the moment?
S1: Yeah. True. We'll get to them in a second.
S3: But um at least there's, there's a, there's some hope there now isn't there. Very quickly from, from like it's, it's a disastrous season really. Let's be honest with the Dragons. They're in last position. I don't think the Dragons St George Illawarra have never finished last in the 26 years or 27 years. It is. So this is the first year. So they had to make changes. They had to do something drastic. And it looks like they're doing that.
S5: And you know what it was don't you. It was the helicopter ride that got him over the line. Whoever got him.
S3: I've asked for a few of those.
S5: Since Mick Cronin.
S3: No God, no joy.
S5: But like, I think that was the that was the impetus to get everyone else. Once you get a guy of his standards, and I never thought I'd see him leave South Sydney. But once he got over the line, the Dragons. All of a sudden the bull rush come. Yeah. And you got, you know, Drinkwater and Metcalfe and then all of us Phil, Sammy, Phil, Sammy the the most underrated by the Dragons have got.
S3: He's playing.
S5: Very.
S3: Very well. The best footy he's played and he's and um he's very excited to get down to dragons and get started. I was talking to someone the other day about that.
S1: The thing that gets me boys. And again, this is just from a fan's perspective. I never played the game at the top level. Like you blokes, when a team is sitting in last position on the ladder, it must be extremely difficult. And given all the drama around the Dragons, it must be extremely difficult to sit a player down and say to them, we want you to sign with the Saint George-illawarra Dragons, but they now look like a club that people want to go to.
S5: That's a good point.
S1: Which I think is a it's it's it's a great endorsement for what Dean young is now doing, um, for what the club has created. And I'm talking from the top down, you know, there's been a lot of criticism about the board of the Dragons, the way in which the sacking of Shane Flanagan was was handled. But what they're doing now is they're making themselves an attractive option for players to come to Saint George Illawarra. MJ, Neil, Greg.
S5: I couldn't agree more. I think that you've got to hit rock bottom to realize how the roses smell, if that makes sense. Newcastle Knights last you've got the wooden spoon. Unfortunately for them, they might slide out of the eight this year with the the litany of injuries, but they were looking fantastic. Dragons will get the wooden spoon this year and they'll make the eight next year. That's that's that's just a given. I obviously hard work has to come down with it and all that, but they've signed so many great players and they've still got Gutho who's a you know, probably going to be number 14 next year, still got Val Holmes who's an origin and Australian player. And you throw in, as you mentioned, all these forwards.
S1: What does the future hold though for Val Holmes. Like can we can we address the elephant in the room. He's he's nowhere near the player.
S3: He used to be. Yeah. But but I think I think you've got to give him next year because of course with this, when you put those players that we just mentioned inside him that can give him, well, not only can they get more better sorry phrase, he's probably not only can they get on the front foot a lot easier and a lot better next year with some of the players they've got, they've got players that can create for their outside men. And then look, let's call a spade a spade. The Dragons gets it inside the 20 this year and they can't score points. That's right. That's their biggest issue. So when you have Metcalf, Nick and Drinkwater, those blokes feeding the likes of Val Holmes and Moses Suli, if he gets fit, gets himself back into contention, then that makes them better players. So when you get better players, the other players all lift and play better.
S5: My only reservation if I had one, would be um, speed at at the moment, Tyrell Sloan is the fastest bloke you've got. He's gone.
S3: He's gone.
S5: Yeah. Um so these guys are going to create you know that they're going to be gaps everywhere. They're going to you know quick play the ball. Metcalf and Nick and Drinkwater sweeping around. Who's going to keep up with them once they go through. That's what I'd be worried about if I was a dragon.
S1: Interesting. Uh, shall we out, piggy now for, uh. He's coming, he's coming, he's coming again this week, folks. Are the pigs done it again? I played a part in this, gents. I got drink water over the line. I booked the helicopter for Kion, and now I've got Cody down for you.
S5: He goes. He goes.
S3: Well, he's not on the Gold Coast. You flip.
S1: The dolphins. You know what I mean?
S5: He goes, Levi magic. I remember I said something about Nick arena.
S1: Yes. In fact, I'd go back to yeah, yeah, yeah. Magic round. I think you're right. We're having a nice read.
S3: There's some GST here.
S5: There's some GST.
S1: I remember sitting next to him in commentary this year. 2 p.m. G and piggies. He's leant over during commercial breaks. And he said keep an eye on Nick arena. I think there's some big things to come. He's not recruitment. He's the player whisperer he's become.
S3: I'll tell you what. We might have to start on the girls team shortly.
S1: Oh yeah.
S3: Same thing anyway.
S1: Oh geez. Have you lost the full support of the board or not yet?
S3: No, not at all. Not at all.
S5: The boss's ring.
S3: We're in a rebuild. Rebuild. And as I keep saying, it's a five year plan.
S1: Righto, Gus. Uh, from the Dragons. We go to the Tigers. The big story continues. It's Adam Dewey. Um. He's back. He's back to training. Um, he said he shouldn't have spat the dummy and stormed off. Um.
S5: Yeah.
S1: What do you reckon, boys?
S5: Oh, look, I've got a I've got to be, you know, measured what I say because I've got a young bloke who plays there and, and he doesn't talk shop with me and I wouldn't expect him to because same was when he was at Penrith. I don't want him telling me stuff because it might slip out that I might say something in the media. Yeah. But um, from an outsider looking in, I have never seen anything like this. It's unprecedented. Um, but that is the sign of the modern day rugby league player that what we, what we've seen in the last week. Um there is no intestinal fortitude amongst them any more. If they get dropped, they go to their manager and they say, I want to go to another club because that club doesn't want me. Instead of going back to New South Wales Cup and going, you know what? What can I work on to become a better player? Unfortunately, them days are gone because this game is such a massive monster. We've just signed a $5 billion broadcast deal. There's a new team coming in in 2028 that's paying your tax free dollars. Like there's options for these guys now that they don't have to put up with their so-called shit. They can just go and say, see you later. I will say this, um, yesterday both Benji and Adam Dewey came out and addressed it, and Adam Dewey was really positive. And if I was a Tiger fan, I'm believing what he's saying because he said for the next three years of my contract, I will be here and I'll be honoring that contract while I am here at the Tigers. So that's. And Benji said like there was a bit of when he got out of the judiciary the other night, apparently there's a bit of a breakdown because Benji didn't contact Dewey because he's. A couple of his kids were crook at home. We don't see all this happen, you know, we don't see every side of the ledger when there's things going on personally. Um, I don't know them. I don't know Benji. I know Benji personally, but not personally. I know him. I don't know Adam. I've met him twice. They might have other stuff going on that's contributing to them making rash decisions. They've come out yesterday and they've got in the front foot, so all they can do right now is for the rest of this season. To atone is to win games for their supporters. That's the first thing they can do because they're on a six game losing streak or something. And if they can win a game, this gets washed away.
S1: I'm not buying it.
S3: Huh?
S1: I'm not buying it. I'll tell you why. I'm not buying.
S3: You. Not you think there's more to it?
S1: No no no, I just I if I'm Benji Marshall, I don't put him in the halves this weekend. I, I, I make a statement and I say to Adam, do you.
S5: Want to win games? You want to.
S1: Win. But no individual is bigger than the club. If you're trying to create a culture m g you can't have a bloke carrying like a pork chop storm off and spit the dummy because he didn't get his way and then all of a sudden waltz back into training as if nothing happens and plays him in the halves, because there'll be people listening to this podcast right now that go to work Monday to Friday. The boss tells them something to do something, and they don't like it. They don't spit the dummy. They don't go home, they don't cry, they don't whinge and carry on and say, oh, poor so-and-so, oh, you've got to look after the manager. I'm sorry, Adam Dewey, suck it up, do the job. Otherwise find another club. And I think he's lucky that he's still got a job because in any other employment, if I carried on like that, you know what had happened? They kick me to the curb and say, sorry, you're not wanted here.
S3: I can't argue with anything. I can't argue with you. I, I tend to agree to you to a certain extent, but the issue as well goes back to what milligram just said in that if Benji did do that with Adam Dewey, he's hurting his own club by getting rid of Adam Dewey. That then another club's going to then benefit from. Yep. Everything else that you said there I agree with like.
S1: I can't argue Benji was wasn't going to play in the halves last one. I know they got thumped.
S3: I can't argue with you. I think you've got a great point because I think you do set standards and you need to do that. But at the end of the day, also understand that they've got to win football games and they're on a 6 or 7 game losing streak and they've got to play their best players.
S1: But but I'll tell you I'll tell you.
S3: It's a hard one.
S5: It's a really it's unprecedented. I haven't seen I haven't seen something like this happen before.
S1: But you know what it says boys. It says to every other player on that roster that if Benji Marshall drops you to the edges or plays you in a position you don't want, spit the dummy storm off. Because next week when you come back and you smoke the peace pipe and get together and heal the rift, you'll be back in the position you want to because that's what's happened with Adam Dooley.
S5: Yeah. Look, I, I, you know, it's I, I feel for the young Javon Andrews who made his debut last week.
S3: Well, no one heard about it.
S5: Did.
S3: They. Really? Poor bugger.
S5: That's what I feel in all of this. And.
S1: Okay, you got me fired up. Sorry, boys.
S5: They've broken bread and look, it's. You know, I know one who's producing it. He's a Tigers fan over here and he's he's ready. He's almost jumping through the screen at us. But, um. Look I do feel for the Tigers fans. They they deserve better. They'll come in second in the competition on Anzac Day. Now the second last. Yeah. So as I say, there's going to be an investigation. The investigation happened. Um, Adam Dewey did admit that he's he's he takes things too literally. And when Benji didn't contact him, um, he kind of thought the worst, and he admitted he should have handled it better. We all admit we should handle things better in hindsight, and I've done a lot of things that I've embarrassed being embarrassed about in the game. And I'm sure Adam Dewey will look back on this and go, I could have handled that a lot better.
S1: You know what? I'm really intrigued as to what the listeners and viewers think, so leave a message in the comments and let us know your thoughts. We might even read back some next week. Yeah, because it's obviously a big issue in the game and there'll be people that vehemently disagree with me. There'll be other people that agree with me. That's the beauty of the game. Everyone's got an opinion. Uh, so let us know your thoughts in the comments section. Can we go to a positive? Um, two teams that really impressed me last week and I'd love to get your thoughts on them. I think the sharks are a team on the rise and the real deal this year. And I think the Bulldogs they're coming to get them. They might be the little smoky cheese. They played well last week.
S3: I'm with you. Yeah.
S5: No, I, um, I say about Sharky's because Nicho Hynes is running the ball. And why is he running the ball? Because as a young bloke, not a young bloke. He's younger than me, but he's an ex French rugby union player called Frederic Michalak. Michalak, who has who was there in 2022 when guess what Nicho got Dally M player of the year. He's back this year. And guess what? Nicho ran like 19 times last weekend against manly. Run the ball when he runs. He's such a big body. He's such a big body. He's such a big body from France. You know what I mean? Let's run for the ball and you go with him.
S1: Very good.
S5: It's just. I mean, when I agree with you 100%, I think in the last few years when they've got the odd prelim and that they just haven't had, I thought to myself and even I've said this year, that type of team, they don't really do anything for me. But they made a statement last week at Brookvale and I think they've got to keep that statement going. Their forwards at the moment are playing a perfect role. Um, they've got McInnes and Brayley in the middle who are just dynamic um fast feet. And I just think I love the way that Trindle has just taken control of this whole situation. I love the way that Niko gives him space to take control. Um, Kennedy is one of the most under is he signed Kennedy at full back. Not sure because he's playing good footy.
S3: He's signed till 2020.
S5: Okay. So yeah, look, I'm with you and I think the doggies. Yes. I think the Bulldogs um look we're lucky Galvin um he's playing great footy. Um I think that Crichton I didn't, I didn't agree with him being put at five eight. But I've got to take my words back. I think he's yeah I think he's a point of difference at five eight.
S1: Yep.
S3: I'm not convinced on the Sharkies.
S5: And Preston and I think our back.
S3: I'm not convinced on the Sharkies. Why. Well I just think every year they promise us so much and they get to.
S5: But what about Michalak?
S3: No, I don't care.
S6: No, no no. You can't do it if you want to.
S1: What are you poo poo.
S3: Poo poo poo on the sharks at all? I've said this.
S1: They're your rivals at the Dragons.
S3: No, I've said this. I've said this for weeks. I've said it for weeks until they win a preliminary final. No one. They're not going to convince me.
S1: Are.
S3: They? Always? Well, they've done it for the last how many years? 3 or 4. 3 or 4 years.
S1: They've been warming up for this year. Right.
S3: And then they'll have the same conversations in the same room at Shark Park. They're going to be out here.
S1: They go to the old dingy bar. And then Blake gets up and says, come on, we don't want to be sitting in here next year. I think, look, we're back.
S3: I'm not.
S5: Convinced. You know what I think the problem with them is they get each year they get a home semi first go. And there's so much speculation about playing at Shark.
S3: Park.
S5: That they get caught up in it. If they should be taken away from it, it's in the rules now. They can get that opportunity, but it should be taken away from them. They should be playing it at Allianz. I agree there's no two ways about it. Their first semi should be there and that would make them rise to the occasion, because at the moment it's like another club game to them. You know, they're playing at Shark Park in front of 11,000 people. It's a major semi.
S3: You should embrace.
S5: It. It should be getting an allowance with 40,000 going now we're in the big time now.
S3: But unfortunately their fans don't travel.
S5: They might. Get onto him. Shark fans.
S1: Mate. There weren't many at Coachella last week.
S3: Yeah. We're coming last.
S1: Mate. Your fans don't turn up. What, mate? The Tigers fans turn up. They feel like they're going like bastards.
S3: Hello, Campbelltown.
S5: Yeah.
S3: Hello. Hello. Good point. Thank you.
S5: Like, uh, like, uh. Should be their spiritual home game ground going forward. That should be once. It's once it's renovated, that should be their home ground.
S3: Alright. Hold on, I haven't finished. I'm with you on the doggies. Yeah. I'm not with you on the sharks. Okay.
S1: Um, I was going to we're going to talk about Laurie, but I mean, I find it. I find it funny that the bloke who was writing stuff about Laurie throughout the origin series, Pete Beadle from the Courier Mail is now reporting that Laurie's walking away from the coaching job and he's got health problems. Laurie was on the radio the other day saying, no, no, health's good, and I haven't made a decision yet. I think I think most people are aware that he's he's done. But I think we need to respect the bloke enough to say when Laurie's ready, he makes that 100%.
S3: Let him go.
S1: Um just just on Daly Cherry-Evans. That's the other issue that's been bubbling away this week, weighing up whether to go on again. Or is he still playing like.
S5: He's I I'm declaring right now he's the buyer of the year.
S1: Wow.
S5: Who else is there. Who's the guy? I mean, um, maybe Tanner Boyd was up until he got injured.
S3: To think about it a little bit more.
S5: Robson could be second read. Man, he's up there, I suppose. But I think if you look at the overall.
S3: Pluck some names out there.
S5: I just I just you know I'm I'm Encyclopedia wee wee.
S3: Britannica. Britannica.
S5: No Atlas.
S1: What would we do without Google?
S3: Uh.
S5: Well, you know what we should look at? I got to read.
S1: All the.
S5: Books. Turn left. Dad. Oh, sorry. It's a tree.
S1: Then. Then you'd have to go to the front for the city if you went to the town.
S5: I remember that, I remember. I remember when I was a young bloke, my dad used to be a truck driver, and I was about 11 going to work with him, and he was getting lunch and I went under his seat with this. I said, dad, what's a what's a rebuild? He said, that's a ride board.
S1: What's that?
S5: Look. And not like penthouse.
S6: Oh.
S1: Wow.
S5: Naughty ace. I see none of these.
S1: Just one last one before you get in the preview. Um, did you see the vision of Zac Lomax and the reception he got when he went to PNG? Like I, I admittedly last week I said, geez.
S5: What are we thinking?
S1: What are we thinking?
S5: Like, like now we're still 18 months out, but what are we thinking right now, if you ask me? They are building a team of individuals. They're not building a team of of guys who are going to graft. And I'm not saying that because my young blood went to bears. Um, they they have the bears are looking like being a team that are full of grafters and they're going to be a team that's going to be very hard to beat in Perth.
S3: Just work.
S5: Hard. Gonna be working really hard. But at the moment this. And there's still a long way out. But I think at the moment that the the PNG pizazz is is kind of outweighing there.
S3: I like it PNG pizazz.
S5: Yeah, they can use that. Mickey charmers if you want. Um, I just think at the moment it's outweighing the how can I put this soul. Yeah, just it just I don't know.
S1: I'm working with wordsmiths.
S5: I just don't know if it looks. It looks.
S3: I want to see him sign some tradesmen. Tradesmen. I want some big forwards tear in and rip in. Yeah, I know they've got some nice backs and everything, but where are the where are the forwards? Are they going to get you forward? I'm gonna have to wait and see. Yeah.
S1: Come on Mick. Lift your game.
S5: But it's it's it's fantastic. Like seeing, um, Lomax up there mobbed by the the kids of the PNG and then he had, you know, the speech that he made and, you know.
S1: Good luck to him.
S5: Yeah. You know.
S1: I wouldn't have signed him. But anyway, that's just me.
S5: He's more clubs than Jack Nicholson, more clubs.
S1: Greg Norman.
S5: Jack Nicholson.
S3: More.
S6: You can't handle the truth.
S3: More movies than Jack Nicholson.
S1: Did he play golf.
S3: Clubs than Jack Nicklaus?
S5: I always get the two mixed up Nicholas Nicholson. Nicholson and Nicholas always going to mix it up.
S1: Did I? I don't think I've ever told this.
S3: That's why you tune in, ladies and gentlemen.
S1: Well, to make you feel better, we did a show. We did the ill fated summer show here on two GB and four BC, and we used to broadcast from the Australian Open. Golf.
S3: Oh, don't do it to him.
S1: No, I'm going to do it to myself.
S3: Yourself.
S1: So anyway, we're talking talking amongst ourselves, blah blah blah. Anyway, Clint Newton was coming on to the chat. So Nudo comes over and we're having a chat to him and all that sort of thing. And I said, oh jeez, with a name like Newton, you must be a good golfer. And then Daryl goes, you know who his daddy is, don't you? And I'm thinking, oh geez, I've embarrassed myself. I'll never live that down. Who was the other one?
S3: Jack. Jack Newton And what was he?
S1: I didn't know it was his dad. Oh, I just embarrassed.
S3: No, tell. Tell em. Gee, the thirsty story.
S1: Oh.
S3: At the same Australian Open we're sitting there.
S1: So. Right. So, rod, rod, rod Pampling is leading the Australian Open golf. I think his course record.
S3: Yeah.
S5: Course record was caddy for him.
S3: Oh, really?
S5: Oh, yeah. Simon.
S3: Years ago. Years ago. Yeah.
S1: So Davy Davy just loved sort of taking control when he thought he knew someone. So we thought rod, we got handed. Rod Pampling going to come and have a chat to you. So we're waiting for Rod Pampling to come over. In the meantime, a bloke comes and sits down next to me and I'm about to do the big introduction.
S3: To was it.
S1: Matt.
S3: Guy?
S1: Matt Guy, the Australian golfer. So I've started introducing him and then thirsty comes in over the top. Well, this bloke's just shot a course record. Rod Pampling is here with the tent with a g'day rod and Matt. Guy said, no, no I'm not rod, I wish I was.
S3: I'm that guy. What are your best, David?
S1: Your best. One of your best. Let's get into the preview. Let's. Round 22. We've got our odds thanks to better. How good is better, boys?
S3: Oh, we love better.
S5: You know that.
S3: Download the.
S1: App. Download. I used the app last week to have a little flutter on the races. Jeez, it's so good. Um, great pricing as well. So download the beta app BETR wherever you download your apps from. Stay ahead of the game with better download the app today. What are you really gambling with? Uh, we start off Thursday night footy in Townsville. Cowboys and Roosters chooks dollar 53 with better the Cowboys 250.
S5: Um big big out piggy uh read money for mine. Concussion massive. Um he's dead and back.
S3: No, no. Dead and dead and may not be back the rest of this season.
S5: Well they got, they, they got a great win last week without him against the Broncos. But I don't I think the Roosters are a different gravy. Um I'm I'm thinking Roosters.
S3: Yeah I'm with em G here. I'd love to see the Cowboys win because I've got some friends up there and I'd love to see him.
S5: Yeah yeah you're good mate.
S3: Hawley Hawley's up there and Tony Peyton good bloke. Tony Peyton catching up with them in the off season. Um, but I just think the roosters the quality they're. Tedesco. We spoke about Cherry Evans. Sammy Walker can't go. You know who I love at the Roosters. It's just taken over from Hargreaves Naufahu Whyte. Yeah what he does through.
S5: The middle game in the game.
S3: Like he's modeled his game on JWH. And uh yeah he's doing a great job for him.
S1: When Stadium 6:00 Friday night. Uh geez. That wind sock will be active. The dragons and the Dolphins. Dolphins $1.25. The Dragons $4 milligram. We know who piggy's going to tip here. Dragons.
S5: Um, yep. Um, and you know the young stick solid with the same. 13. I like that because um they were in that first 20 minutes. They looked really good. They just in the end just I think the Titans had too much speed for them. Um and that's what Dolphins have got I think with hammer back and Bostock and Farnworth and Sako. And so and I think they're gonna have too much speed. There is an outside chance that Katoa is back as well after that um fracture in his arm. So um yeah. Dolphins for mine.
S1: Uh, piggy, I want to throw a stat at you and then you can explain to me why and how the dragons are going to win. The Dragons have conceded 158 points in four straight losses at win stadium. Piggy. Riddell. Why? Why will the Dragons win at win Stadium when they've conceded 158 in their last four?
S3: Because that's all in the past.
S6: Yes.
S3: That's why.
S5: Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery.
S3: Thank you.
S5: That's why today is a present. That's why it's a gift.
S1: Today's news is tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper.
S3: I'm Timmy.
S5: The dragons don't do that anymore. Put it in chips in the newspaper.
S3: I think it's got something to do with the ink on your chips.
S5: Those chips. Beautiful. Oh.
S1: Yeah, but you know what? Think about all those sand pits we used to.
S3: Sit in as kids.
S5: I know, I know.
S1: Toughen up. Uh, storm Bulldogs, Friday night footy. The Bulldogs at Aami Park. $1. 55. The storm $2. 45. Outsiders. We're better.
S3: Uh, I've got to go. The doggies. We just mentioned the doggies. And they're probably the team that can make a run into the finals. Uh, sorry. Into that top eight.
S1: No. Harry Grant, of course.
S3: No Harry Grant. Hamstring injury. Jerome Hughes and Wishart in the halves. Trent Talau takes over from Harry Grant. I'm going. The doggies.
S5: Yeah, I think the doggies are starting to look really well with Kikau and Preston back. Yeah. Um. They're looking they're looking complete at the moment. Um. Connor Tracey has found some fantastic form and I can't see the doggies going down to a Harry grant.
S1: This Storm Jesus is an in-depth preview from you too. I love it.
S3: Well, preparation.
S5: It's everything.
S1: I hope, I hope all of our listeners and viewers are spreading the word about the Mark My Words podcast.
S3: Yeah.
S1: Please do. Um, Titans Warriors.
S5: Mark my words shirts or something like, you know.
S1: Maybe we should get photos with ourselves. Maybe we should get a character.
S5: We've done that in Vegas. Remember the one we got in Vegas?
S3: The one their undies.
S5: Women for all seasons.
S3: Yeah.
S1: Put it. Put that into.
S5: A French swing.
S1: Put that into AI and see if you can do a caricature of, of of us or something.
S3: We've done all that. We did. We did.
S5: We said to each other, yeah, in the piece. That was 22 weeks ago. MM. Mhm. It's been a long year.
S1: Come on. Uh. Titans. Warriors. Cbus super Stadium. Saturday 3:00. Warriors dollar 58. Titans $2.40. Warriors win this, don't they?
S5: It's a danger game.
S3: It is, isn't it. Because Warriors haven't been playing that well. No I'm not convinced myself at the moment. Titans are in in a nice little patch. They had a win over the Dragons last week.
S5: Are you. Are you doing it? What Titans.
S3: This could be my upset for the weekend. I think.
S1: It's supposed to be an.
S3: Expert. If it was that. If it was that Mount Smart. No chance. But the fact is. Yeah, Gold Coast and they're getting a little bit of momentum. I'm going to go. I'm going to tip the Titans. There you go. I'll tip the upset.
S5: Uh, Warriors. Warriors.
S1: Thanks very much. I'm glad we have one expert on the panel. Um.
S5: But I see where you come from.
S3: Just you.
S5: Just, I.
S3: I'm coming, I'm coming last. Yeah. Dragons right edge was horrendous defensively. It was tell me about it.
S1: You watch Titans are going to win. You know what? Titans gonna win. I'm going to back him. Yeah. Jeez. I got a feeling. Now go to the Titan quick I will, uh, Panthers. Oh, Panthers. We are off to the Wembley of the West. Shout out to Ken Sutcliffe, Mister wide world of Sports muggy Saturday 530 Panthers dollar 32 Raiders 340.
S5: Well, um, I'm going to ask you a question in a second, um, without notice. So I want to ask you what's been your moment of the year thus far. So have a quick thought. Why. MG because last year the moment of the year was this. We were out at um was it the Willows with. Uh, yeah. At Arthur's Pub.
S1: Yep. Twin willows, twin willows.
S5: Yeah. Commentating this game the Panthers and the Raiders was the.
S3: Oh is that the one where the.
S5: Miracle the miracle of Mudgee when they scored on the bell in Golden.
S3: Point.
S5: Yeah. Um, I they've dropped, uh, Blake's taulagi.
S3: Yeah. To the bench. Yeah. Gone with um.
S5: With uh.
S3: Cogger.
S5: Yeah. Um, and look, Dylan Edwards is in back. There is a sniff of an upset here, but I don't think so, I think that I think Panthers could be too strong, because if any two got Nathan clear in it, you can't go against Panthers. Um.
S1: Moment of the moment. Oh, actually, I can answer that.
S5: It's gotta be Alex Johnson.
S1: Yeah. Alex Johnson.
S3: Oh yeah.
S5: It's got to be Alex Johnson yeah.
S3: Alex a the New South Wales origin series win.
S5: That's got to be.
S3: That's not far behind.
S5: I think on the podium has been Milky season.
S3: Yeah.
S5: Like breaking.
S3: Your record.
S5: Breaking.
S3: Records. Yeah jeez we just come up with three there.
S5: Yeah. There you.
S3: Go.
S1: Actually I've got a highlight of this season. Magic round m g walking back into the hotel after running into a family member and he was inebriated, he looked at me and he said, he's putting himself to bed. I said, that was a highlight.
S5: Weren't you speaking of yourself in the third person? You know, it's time to.
S3: Time to go.
S1: Now. The best the best part about it was there were two people in the bar area that were waiting to meet you, because I think you'd organised to see them. M G walks back in and sits at the table with me and the continuous call. Team colleagues. Anyway, M.G. gets up and goes to bed. The people over the back go. Where did he go? Where did M.G. go? We're here to meet him.
S5: Sorry.
S1: Anyway, here's what.
S3: It.
S1: Is. Yeah. Uh, Brian, 150 NRL games. Congratulations to Brian.
S5: He has missed many either over that period.
S3: But you know what? I don't know, am I wrong in saying I probably thought he already would have had 150 under his belt. MM. Thought he'd be more than that.
S1: 735 Saturday Broncos night Suncorp Knights. 250 Broncos dollar. 53 favourites.
S5: I think they're two decimated Dylan Edwards, Dylan Edwards, Dillon. Lucas, Dylan, um, Dylan Brown uh, Ponga still 5050 with that quad injury. So Broncos Broncos would be they'd be livid. They got beat by the Cowboys who ended their season last week.
S1: So jeez what what about this? For a start, the Broncos have scored 199 points in six straight wins over the night.
S5: That's a lot of points.
S3: That's a lot of points.
S1: Wow.
S5: It's only 30 a game.
S1: Are you tipping piggy?
S3: Yep.
S1: Damn Broncos.
S5: Broncos.
S3: Broncos.
S1: Sharks and South Sydney at Ocean Protect Stadium. Sharks and the Better market $1.30. My bunnies $3.50. Outsiders.
S3: Sharks.
S5: Yeah I think sharks I think um what are the injuries like for um.
S3: No Brendan Smith surely he won't play will he. He's named. But remember he came off, he.
S1: Looked like a bloody sniper.
S5: And look they've still got Cam Murray and they've still got Duncan out. And last week if Harry Grant stays on that field they win by 20 points. Yeah. Melbourne.
S1: Yeah. What about Nicho Hynes. I was watching the footy Sunday wasn't it. Yeah I was watching it on um channel nine. 26 consecutive attempts at goal. Yeah 26 in a row.
S3: That's outstanding.
S1: How do you get back in your kicking days.
S3: Not 26 mate I know.
S5: Who would you pick if you had to have someone kick for your life.
S3: Oh at the moment yeah. Cleary.
S1: Nathan Cleary.
S5: I'd have.
S3: Cleary. Yeah yeah yeah.
S5: What about just the.
S3: Halligan.
S1: Not.
S3: Halligan.
S5: He's got the record hasn't he.
S1: Remember that. Remember that Masri kick in Newcastle. Oh.
S5: Joey under the post. He threw his mouth guard down there. Yeah.
S1: Um. All right. And, uh, Sharky's there. You know what? I'm going to tip him, I bet. Souse and the Titans. Oh, and the other two upsets. Okay. Um. Tigers and eels. Commbank Stadium. Oh, the Jarome Luai cup.
S5: Yep. Oh.
S3: It is. We'll be out there on Sunday.
S1: Dollar 40 eels, 295 tigers.
S3: Eels.
S5: My eels $2.95 is great money for the tigers with the. Every time there's controversy, Jarome Luai and Adam Dewey will be on absolute fire. The game has been quiet. He needs a big game to reel. May likewise and Koroisau. They all will. And I think they'll be. That's my bet of the round Tigers to win. Jerome Bulla to score.
S3: MM.
S1: Eels pregnant. Pause. All right. We go to the best bets. Levees like piggies. Pick em g. Multi. Well I'm going to do the uh. I'm going to go out there a bit. I'm going to go Souths and the Titans head to head.
S3: All right. Well, I already went mine.
S1: This is all thanks to better our mates.
S3: We love better. MG, you can go.
S5: Yeah. I'm going. Um. Tigers who are $2. $2. 95. Uh, to win plus dream bullet score. That'd be about seven bucks.
S3: All right, I'm going. Titans to win and Keanu Kenny to score a double. Double.
S1: Isn't he a play?
S3: Keanu, Kenny, what a double!
S5: You twisted your arm.
S3: Why not?
S5: He's a grab. All these little halfbacks are fullbacks. We've got that game at the moment, I love it, I love it.
S1: Here's a question for you. I asked I asked Tony McGowan, the continuous call team last week, and I said, who was the greatest player he ever saw from a sideline perspective. He said, Steve Rogers. Rogers. Yeah. Who's the greatest player you ever came up against or laid eyes on over the years?
S5: Well, to play in person was probably Bradley Clyde. Like just to play and see how robust he was and how fit he was. And but the speed of Brett Mullins was always something that took me by surprise. Like I was seeing it live. He went, what the f? How fast is that bloke? And he just was really laconic when he's run. Yeah. It wasn't.
S3: Easy.
S5: A very easy man. It was so easy for him to do.
S1: I know it's a random question. I just it just popped into my head. What about you, pig?
S3: Uh, Joey.
S1: Andrew.
S3: Andrew. Jones.
S1: Did you ever come up against him? Yeah.
S3: Yeah, yeah, lots. I've told the stories. Yeah, well, actually, no, I haven't.
S5: You've told us after the game.
S3: Yeah.
S1: Well have you got an on field?
S3: No, no none. Let's go.
S1: Oh I remember that story now. No, we can't say that one.
S6: No.
S1: It involved a sledge to Andrew and it wasn't very nice.
S3: No, no. We've all kissed and made up.
S1: Yeah, I think that was the problem. Anyway, that's it for us ladies. Well done MJ. Oh, we're shaking hands.
S3: I'm not shaking your hand. I'm fine.
S5: Why is.
S3: Black catches next.
S1: Week? Anyway, we're back on Monday for another edition of the Mark My Words podcast. Remember, leave a comment, leave a question, subscribe like do everything you do on social media and we'll catch you Monday on Mark my words.