Speaker 1: Hello team, so good to have you with us. Four between two posts. It is a super ABA Pacific semi final rap sadly for another year. It is an Aussie site who's bounced out at the semi stage. Used to unpack that and the first game. It is very warm, welcome varm welcome people. That's the question Folco too. More Continuary and Matt Burke Fellers before we break apart, Brummys v Chiefs, Crusaders v Bloes and some of the other bits and pieces from the world Arabic Morks and you were missing last Thursday because you were doing some charity work in Singapore. Gives a quick insight into that, and then I'm going to bring it back to what Burke and I are up to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of charities actually helped out in Singapore, Magic Bus that do a lot for funder privileged children in India and the Atlas Foundation, which is very tightly linked to Jason Lennard's part of it, but also doing lots of things with kids around the world. So justin Harris and I'm actually Cooper and Jonathan Davies, we stuffed on there and had a bit of a crew race. Money did you interview Steve did. Yeah, we did a golf study the great man himself. That was pretty cool. Actually, yeah, a bit of everything he was.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure whether he care and did he bring his red rag? I think that's right, Well, he would have needed it.
Speaker 2: We played golfer there where they have the Singapore Open and the leg Oh mate, we got eagled the twelfth part five and everything else was unspeakable.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 2: He had his son Austin. They had a great night, great chart. It was really cool and he was still like a hero, absolute hero.
Speaker 4: There had hard night to be just technically when you eagled that part five, did you chip in or did you make it?
Speaker 5: Onto?
Speaker 2: I drained the forty driver hybrid paying the forty footback down.
Speaker 3: Wait, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Back at Toro on the Zoo with the Wallabies for the promo shoot for Stan.
Speaker 3: We've got I got the Wallabies, he got the Lion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lines there, so Josephus, Angus Bell and Andrew Kellaway. So Burke and I down and around the lines enclosure area and the stage lines haven't come out. So Burke and I waiting there and there's a bunch of school excursions going on, and these three girls in year seven from Victors and Victors in pots Point Vincent's rather.
Speaker 3: Have snuck through.
Speaker 1: And the one girl looks in at the enclosure and sees sort of that. He goes, oh my god, is that Joseph? Yes, and he goes is And she lost her marbles and the other two lost them. Can we as the zoo keeper says, and says, get out of hettle scamps?
Speaker 3: But they tracked them down later. You can't believe the star power.
Speaker 4: But you've got the year nine yes through to remember the other Oh gaggle if you call that the gaggle of.
Speaker 2: Girls sixty five year old biology teachers still after Burkey.
Speaker 4: When the ratings just to go up words back in the day, but that was it.
Speaker 5: Wood covers from that span.
Speaker 4: From there, from there, teenage girls, you know, are who are understanding what his role is to the twenty five year old, to the older than that he has got magic appeal?
Speaker 2: Is that because of his football and ability or the shirts off long?
Speaker 1: It's a great question, So make you sure, Okay, mom, mam alone tad long for the day. She wanted to check everything out, so she has a long chat to Joseph Kuso and at the un he says, okay, see your mum and goes in and gives her a hug. She loses it.
Speaker 3: As she lose it, she goes did you see that? He just gave me a hug? He gave me a huggle. He gave your husband and wait no, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Hugging was a carddle I said, Oh, that's enough, just to squeeze. He's super star. Aura is just unbelievable. Take me in public watch him go. Belly and Kell were like, sure, your slip stremp. Slip stremp.
Speaker 5: That's why he's in the game, right, that's that's that's why.
Speaker 3: They never seen it.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything like it from a Wallaby. And we've had some of the best. We've got one of the best of all time here. Extraordinary anyway. Extraordinary was the Brundies run through to the semi finals.
Speaker 3: Are in red hot form, fellas.
Speaker 1: They won a bunch of games, a ton of games and led up the semi seven of their last nine and have arrived to Chiefs Town and have come up short for a fourth.
Speaker 3: Straight year In New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Where would you like to start fellas thirty seven to seventeen full time a good representation of the match or a little bit too much in favor of the Chiefs. How do we see it?
Speaker 4: My first question the Morgs is do we take it as a negative that they made the Semis and they can't make the final, because you know what they've done and been able to achieve at the last period of time.
Speaker 5: I think it's a massive tick in the box.
Speaker 4: They're playing up against some red hot teams across the ditch there, so even though they be disappointed and not going to the final, I still give it a massive tick for the Brumbies.
Speaker 2: I think their learnings are probably not in this game. You can't drop that one and home against the four. You can't maybe drop that one in Sydney to the Tars or you know, the the late loss to the Crusaders. You win one of those games, you host this game. You don't win Semis away from home. It's a rarity. So it's not that I think the twenty point difference between the teams Chiefs in Hamilton against the Brumbies, that's about right. Chiefs were outstanding, bigger, faster, stronger, controlled the game, good decisions won the big moments this game. Look that Brumbies did well, started well all that. I just always thought the Chiefs had an extra gear when they needed it, and they showed it when they didn't need it. I think the lesson for the Brumbies is you've got to come top two, which they know.
Speaker 4: You talk about errors or lack of errors, and there was a few areas in the Brumbies game and obviously they got throw a curve boar with well a ceo going off with that Hia.
Speaker 5: But the Chiefs made no errors.
Speaker 4: They just and when the grind happens, and you know when you're playing and we've played.
Speaker 5: The Kiwi teams for so long, whether it's where.
Speaker 4: It's stay on national level, they had this ability to turn up the heat and if you don't stay with them, it becomes really difficult to stay with them, just to hang on and they turn up. They turned up the heat the scoreboard pressure as well. That was interesting that they ended up going for a couple of goals. Mackenzie added those points and under tough conditions wet tracks or dewey track, it makes life hard when you're trying to chase, and that's what that's what it looked like what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, but Brummy's had the chances earlier though.
Speaker 1: If we go back and run through it chronologically, Noah goes off with an HI early on, which.
Speaker 2: Got a mouthcut. Well the mouth cut thin because it's often visible.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What still gives me the absolute shits was the late shot he capped round one against the drawer, which is late, which was a dreadful shot which set.
Speaker 3: Him on a path to this.
Speaker 1: So he's battled back from the HIA round one back sort of took a while to find his confidence. It all has to be linked, doesn't it. You know of course that the duration of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you are more susceptible, if that's the word. My biggest might best one might be his insight into the HIA stuff was when we were sitting in Perth watching the Force Hurricanes gavern thing it was, and sitting next to those people on the sideline who are the medical.
Speaker 5: And watching it. They are they are like hawks.
Speaker 4: So to give the immediate reading direct it pins.
Speaker 2: But then also they're also visually going at read there looking they've got.
Speaker 5: They've got fifteen screens on one panel going yep, yep, yep, yep. Check that out. What about that?
Speaker 4: And so there's there's conversations happening in the background as the play moves on. So you could see why he was disappointed because you got up and kept going and then he got the call that you need to come on.
Speaker 3: Then he goes the hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it probably says they got it right.
Speaker 3: They probably got right. So he's off.
Speaker 1: But the brummies canned themselves in the Chiefs territory. They go up by seven thanks to Billy Pollard who gets another try.
Speaker 3: They got their initial.
Speaker 1: Rolling more wrong than they nailed this one. How goods poll had been these last six seven weeks.
Speaker 4: Well, they've got the ability to you know, that's part of their grind, isn't it. They We know that they can throw the ball around and the score some tries, and Tool gets over the line a couple of times, but this is what their go to is they and they do it so well. They they set up that structure of that driving that driving mall and and they get across the line there. Yeh, pol it's been good. I've liked the way they've rotated around as well. You know, they switched their hookers around throughout the year. I like the way you play is a big boy too people fast boy and fast as well. And and that would that would have given it yeh, that would have given him a lot of hope in getting that first run.
Speaker 2: They might have need a little bit more out of that first twenty minute by dominatedn't they probably needed twelve fourteen nil. And on Pollard ten weeks ago.
Speaker 3: He's not not in the wall of his squad.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's been always been a huge wrap on him and potential on that, but he's shown that he's using that potential now in his care role. We keep on the call roles for hookers. He's been getting that right.
Speaker 3: Can you two?
Speaker 1: Xylobi's explained that Naraha tried me, what the hell went wrong here? How did this man get through? We know he's quick when he gets through, is going to get caught, but how do you get through anyway?
Speaker 2: But do you just look at first defender here?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: So to Alima gets out and gets pushed and then it's just eternal vigilance is the theme there? If you're a Nick Frost, it was it was.
Speaker 3: What thirty cement is out of position? Just touch.
Speaker 2: He's not out of position, but you've got to be outside foot up looking in. But you just step in and go whack. You're not looking anywhere else. So he pushes to Alima gets to his slot. Then you've just got that half a minute next to the rock you're looking in and then afterwards you can go on defend.
Speaker 4: But how many times have you seen this year the back's getting in amongst it Daguna who's done it, and he's done it well. And it's that explosive power, not that the Fords have that explosive power, because it's that explosive power from a back when they can go bump, bump and go through. And you saw his eyes up you could see and maybe they spoke about it. Maybe they're getting a little bit too wide. I mean, if you're if you're looking at protecting number ten as in McKenzie, you're thinking, right, i gotta do something special here. I've got to know I've got to stress that way. And you can see him and the ball. He sort of picked the ball up from behind him. He sort of kept on going through. Yeah, one of those ones where you're right, you just got to be vigilant in protecting that pillar the start.
Speaker 1: So then at seven seven, then a couple of penalty goals for the DMC and then.
Speaker 3: We get it on. This was the this was the scrap. I love seeing a little bit of scrap.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what Quinti Pie was going on about here, like to Elana has done nothing wrong there and income.
Speaker 2: City did Leroy Cardo in there first too?
Speaker 5: Like did he help her?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know that it was in a little penalty obviously no biddings, but.
Speaker 4: Reminded me of Chris Whitticker Carlo Spencer in Penrith We did you play that game? And he took him over the sideline, through over the fence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he hits his head on the ground. Who was at the ghost of ground to Elena's.
Speaker 5: I reckon, he's got the ricochet on the head. Knock on the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit of reaction maybe to something like that. There was love, nohing got him. I'm glad that no one went off. Yeah, well, don't take it on. So it showed how much.
Speaker 1: Was in a couple of de mate penalties and then the Brumbies find a chance to put themselves right back in it. Thanks to Jack Prescina, who went on for Corey tool. I like the way that the Prosceni played the other I don't know what you got your guys take on his performance off the bench was, but this was on the money and you thought, okay, hang on a second, maybe a chance.
Speaker 5: I like the way he plays.
Speaker 4: He's a massive body, he throws the he throws a pass really well, and he's got a really strategic kicking game.
Speaker 5: Except for that one there. That was a knuckleball.
Speaker 4: He just was lucky, got that frontwoard bounce and it kept on going. But again, awareness understanding where space is.
Speaker 3: I thinked a couple of knuckleballs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a couple intentional knuckleball.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: None of them touch.
Speaker 4: It's a skill to throw a knuckleball intentionally to kick stock.
Speaker 3: But it's also tough.
Speaker 2: You're sitting there, you cool on your jets, you've sort of got through the warm up, you think, and I might play the last fifteen minutes I watched the game. I've got a couple of snakes in my pocket to get me through. And ten minutes in you're on. You're going to lead the team around the park. Yeah, you got to the Snakes to someone else.
Speaker 1: They got nailed though the Brumbies with dmax couple of penalty goals in the lead up to halftime, which nineteen twelve at the term. But then this happened seconds into the second term. Valatini okay playing van Is black pillar off side.
Speaker 3: Now he vantages out for the Brumbies.
Speaker 1: Is Valententini got He sighed near the twenty two deeper city love the heads so too for Micky Lly Way, that's beautiful through the midst one true chall over the top of one heading, Dory chall He's not too and that might be there.
Speaker 4: Must try off for you, Oh Corey too.
Speaker 5: That's as good as it gets.
Speaker 2: Now for clarity, how many best tries of the year have you said this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I want, I want, I want you to understand the subtitles would say their best try of the year. Can you tell me about a Brumbies try in twenty twenty five that was pretty handy And if you look at the replay which travel roll in the second it was a set play. They all lined up directly behind the man on the end on shot you of course you noticed that I didn't lie.
Speaker 3: But if you look at yeah.
Speaker 1: Swing, so they were all so they're all in behind Debrasini, Lenny righty and fairly, and then they fanned.
Speaker 4: It's a good play, isn't it. I mean the hands were spot on. It's interesting how the Chiefs defended it. They sort of waited. You could have stopped earlier. But that hit there, that is that is special.
Speaker 2: We don't miss many. He doesn't miss many either. No, he doesn't get steamrolled often.
Speaker 5: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: And the reason they can't come up and shut it down is because of that stacked playing behind. If they're going to if you're going to fan late, it's really hard to come up. It's easy to come up if you've got four flat guys in front of you. You just come up in your zone and whack it. But if you've got what you'll see from the lines coming out of Ireland is swing swing swing appear late.
Speaker 1: I've just had a flashback to a swing swing swing fan play christ Church.
Speaker 3: Off the scraw Yes, you're in that game.
Speaker 5: We've got it wrong, but it's to try to try to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was. We went early, back of the back of the scrum.
Speaker 5: We went early.
Speaker 4: Uh and I think Jason ran across field, Herbie ran a cross field and then Jason straighten up.
Speaker 5: But you're right, it just.
Speaker 4: Sets people up in a difficult situation when when you're trying to defend it, you though, but that it was.
Speaker 5: So poorly ex they should have shut it down.
Speaker 1: Four tomes anyways, that one, Yeah, your moves in the convox big man can he could?
Speaker 3: I was at MJ the Musical last night that reminded me of that.
Speaker 1: I think I may have slipped the hip could move world Ginger.
Speaker 3: I've been moving ginger last hour.
Speaker 1: It was fun times at the box with Timmy and Goog as well, But then the Brandy just go absolutely berserk, and it's t Mark doing his thing with the boot. Just they just took control of the game. And if I mean the road Carter, I think it was back to his wing partner and I and then there's just these energy fellas, just the brummies just I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, can anyone stop that energy?
Speaker 1: When it turns out certificantly against you away from home in a semi like.
Speaker 4: That, when you're in a fatigue, That's the hard part, isn't it, Morgan. When you're in a fatigue, half that runs out you're looking to cover outside still because you's know the threat there. But they take the ball forward, they draw and pass short passing and then there's a couple of bump offs here. I've got the numbers just running here.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I thought McKenzie could have gone earlier then on the pass, but it gets it done straight away, and you just look at who you're after. And when you're Brumbies defense, you're just pointing and shooting and hoping that they throw the ball early to put them off.
Speaker 2: But it's tough books even the ordering, the chronological order of their try. So they went through the Brumbies, they got frosted pillar, they went through off the nine and so what the Brumbie started the game was thinking, we've got to defend the forward to the field here. Then when conditions it got tighter that last tries because the Brummies have reacted and compressed even off first phase and you get done out wide. They were excellent, assured, mature performance from the Chiefs. Uh. You know, it wasn't not perfect in the fact that there were no errors, but they perfectly manage the match. Throughout the eighties, they never really looked like being in trouble.
Speaker 3: You know, it's crazy. That was three tries each.
Speaker 1: The difference was the boot of Damian mackenzie and his tri save on time right, how the hell, how the hell?
Speaker 3: How someone please still days on?
Speaker 2: Would just have been a better try than the tool one. What you see here is he's got the angle in cover, but he does not go for anything but the ball. It's not an attempt to tackle. Look at him. Just get that left under the ball and that's all he's worried about. Ball, ball, ball, hope for the best. It is brilliant, It's the macrom of the week. Rare is it defendive? Is the big moment of the match.
Speaker 3: It might have been the tries over the year. Seriously, special players, go away.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm.
Speaker 3: The clouds, the clouds. Go find a cloud, Go find a cloud again? Can we have one more? Look? Please trave the Key movie.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Matt Burke thinks that it's a seat belt tackle from Damian McKenzie.
Speaker 3: Favor of the year. But even like this bit, he also thinks it should be a red card. Win the ball with the ball, win the ball in the air, and then.
Speaker 5: What's the next angle?
Speaker 3: Planet?
Speaker 4: Come on, there's a there's a there's a red light camera somewhere.
Speaker 3: It's on the up. You guys know what is absolutely mind blowing.
Speaker 4: It's an h I a just being controversial.
Speaker 1: We did, fellows. You know what he's absolutely wild? Is that a lot of New Zealand rugby fans rubbish Mackenzie's defense off the back of tool bumping him.
Speaker 3: What more can that man do a lot of a lot of them. A lot of the.
Speaker 1: Feedback online is he shouldn't be in the All Backs because of that defense. Mate, He's just beaten the BRUMBI single handedly. Try Saber of the Year.
Speaker 3: I agree, don't pick him.
Speaker 2: Picking for the French Chest if you want to, don't pick him for the weters Low place.
Speaker 1: My god, he was unbelievable anyways, Fellows. So back to the Brumby. So they're out thirty seven to seventeen and they had a red hot go over there. No one can deny that. However, what does twenty twenty six look like for them? So we know that Noah's heading off shorts. He had him on the show last week. Tommy Hoop is going to the exit of the Chiefs, who are going to be worth having a long hard lookout.
Speaker 3: Next year they're stacked. Ikey Tawer also go to the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to extit the Chiefs as well, and maybe Bobby V heading north as well. So have they missed their window or it will be more of the same next year from Stephen Larkham's men.
Speaker 4: The window the window was now, yes, you know they had a shot at it. But the way their structure is down in brumby Land, I think margin might be able to agree. They're able to slot people in out. You know, That's that's what we saw Deborsini do so well on the weekend. You know, he steps into lao CEO's role and creates and directs.
Speaker 5: So I think they've got.
Speaker 4: This structure where they'll be able to Yes that we missed that they're they're they're more class players and a lot of those guys will be involved in the wall is. But they had this structure that I reckon people step into. So I reckon they'll still be.
Speaker 2: Okay, I finished top four next year, yep, they'll still be there. But yeah, edmed is that confirmed?
Speaker 1: Well, it's all but confirmed. I think I think Tanes told the Tars and you like the.
Speaker 2: Look of Meredith. The Valentini deal is not done as a sabbatical. That'll be interesting. But look at their back rollers. They've got wagin go on.
Speaker 1: You know I was going to say, I had a while thought the other day. You know we're betweking about playing movements and the rest.
Speaker 3: We have no one.
Speaker 1: Last week he says, I have one year with an option with another one wherever he's headed to. If it doesn't have that option up, do you think you go back to the war Tars with Dan mckeller and reunite if Tan's at the bump?
Speaker 3: Okay, just a thought?
Speaker 2: Possibly chance as a Queensland boy, I say again, what's the Queensland.
Speaker 1: Or we can always put Tom out at ten alongside which teams wherever he wants the windows non closed, entile.
Speaker 3: You've got him top four next year? Oh yeah, I like Meredith, maybe you can.
Speaker 2: Only Scott and Rhyme are a bit more like there's they've got options there. I'll tell you who is outstanding to a lima?
Speaker 3: Yes? And eligible? Now is he?
Speaker 2: I checked saying he's now eligible for Wallaby selection. Good, good player, so he can step out of the Reds and.
Speaker 1: Now of the Rebels, one of the only few pickups alongside Day fairly well, either remaining rumbler who made it up to Canberra good years or round. I love love calling their games, love watching them do their thing. Chiefs are into their third straight final. We're going to deep dive them tomorrow on between two posts extra bit, just very quickly before tomorrow. Have you got them as your favorites in the GF or the Crusaders still narrow your head?
Speaker 2: I got cheers, I've got cheese. I'll break to break that record. Thirty one instia break break that.
Speaker 1: One best playoff home record in world sport history. In every professional up with any other, no one can get close because you rightly suggested that some of those dynasty teams would have neutral venues for playoffs. Nerools, Yeah, fellas the other game. The Blues title defense is over after the Crusader's made it, as you say, make it thirty one straight final victories at home.
Speaker 3: What a game Friday afternoon, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: In slippery conditions over there, as expected, the Blues bounce out of fourteen lead early things to mark to letter and Rico Yu wanted the man who dominated the headlines in the lead up to this semi final cheese, they were good.
Speaker 3: Jeez, Barrett was good early on.
Speaker 5: Control again, isn't it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: I look at these players and I think about sort of, you know, what's coming down our channel for bladerslack cup time. They've got so many people to choose from, so many good players in form, but to be able to construct and more to you might agree to be able to construct those plays against a really good Chiefs, a really good Crusader's outfit, who are good defenders.
Speaker 5: You think they did it easy.
Speaker 4: They walked over the line, you know, and whether it was laps in concentration. Yeah, They've got some really good plays and there were simple plays in the end. It was about It was about hitting a line, the right pass at the right time and people running as well. I don't know if that fourteen well that fourteen nil up. I thought to myself, they have they put the Q in the rack down and I think they did it.
Speaker 3: Just sort of sad blues.
Speaker 1: Well then gave the crusader as a chance to keep back through Tom Christie and Will Jordan.
Speaker 3: This was just ground and pound in tight from.
Speaker 1: Christy, who's had super yiparticular defense and it would breakdown.
Speaker 3: Carry strong too, he's such a hard, hard bloke.
Speaker 1: To shift and fellas Jordan just doing will Jordan for this is.
Speaker 2: That's frightening, frighteningly good off the right too strong through.
Speaker 3: The miss he went through to Wow, that's that's Rogers.
Speaker 2: Oh two bladers though, that's like, give me the ball, I'm just going to score.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's what that is.
Speaker 2: That was he just decided to score and make a difference to the intent you reference at the intensity with which the Blues started. Was that plan at that we saw last year and it worked and worked and worked. Just didn't have it for eighty because of the Crusaders too. They finally got some territory possession.
Speaker 4: But what about the mindset though, had been foot end down in a semi up against the defending champs, and the Crusaders go.
Speaker 5: Right, we're okay, we'll just we'll do our stuff.
Speaker 4: We'll get our time and the possession thereabouts have always even evens up and you'll get your own fair share of attack. But they just they understand the control, they understand the poison and they get around the park so well.
Speaker 1: So it's forty fourteen of the break perky, and then it's Will Jordan who scores his forty seventh try for the Crusaders. Up to sixty five games. How's that for a stright rate. There was no issues with this put down, was there. You guys were happy with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bobble, it's okay, Okay, we got a piece of the white. I would have thought first before it's slides.
Speaker 1: Forty seven from sixty five. It's insane. It's almost unfair. Okay, don't you reckon now? The Blues give themselves a chance slate, but they've got to do it with just fought him in on the field because of this yellow card. I feel I'm gonna explain you guys, give me your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Is that Why is that yellow Morres? Because he's always up?
Speaker 1: Okay, but Hoskins a two too is a meter away from him stepping the other to recid.
Speaker 2: Well, he needs to control his approach, needs to lower his body speed and height. He has a duty of care there to be lower and to be more controlled. He comes in upright uncontrolled. So then you leave yourself to the vagaries of rugby. So when we say that's a rugby collision, Hoskins has an obligation to avoid to make steps by bending of the hips, bending it the knees, controlling his approach to avoid that rugby impact.
Speaker 3: His eye line is at the corner post.
Speaker 1: He's been beaten on the in, so he doesn't even know where and hockey is then the one he's gone.
Speaker 4: My point of entry is here. Yeah, he stepped inside him. He's still clocked him in the head.
Speaker 3: But he's still upright.
Speaker 2: Okay, if he's low and he gets beaten there, it doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: It is and people go. Players have got to do better.
Speaker 2: It is that hard, the speed with which these decisions and actions make like people riding online. Of the players, it's all the players. They've got to learn to tackle. Well, that's you people that have never made a tackle in a high density situation.
Speaker 3: In the best super.
Speaker 2: Said, the speed with which the scenario take place, you want to slow it down to get the accuracy. That's fine, but let's not forget that this is absolute chaos where body's flying everywhere. The only thing you can do is a modern day player, is lower your body height at every opportunity.
Speaker 3: It looked to me like he knew he'd been beaten with a step inside and then given up on the tackle.
Speaker 1: He was actually facing off at forty five somehow for hockey's come across and court.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, so he goes down. It's be blowing up your call.
Speaker 5: The other day was perfect. He was playing he was playing checkers.
Speaker 4: The other guy was playing chess like he knew where the moves weren't he was still on a tangent by Maloney.
Speaker 2: Come contract time, mate.
Speaker 3: We have jobs. Listen. It comes down to the final play of the game.
Speaker 1: Again, forty odd phases the Crusaders defend for is that eighty eight minutes eighty six on the clock, the Blues just bashing away hoping a center to extra time? It would have been two chunks of ten minutes each way of extra time. And then somehow the Crusaders dive over here.
Speaker 3: Where's that ball? Where's that ball? Where's that ball? Was that out?
Speaker 5: Are you allowed to dive on the the rock?
Speaker 2: You dive over the rock, though, are not allowed to dive or fall on a ball that is near the ruck when it comes out? So what's that near the ruck is defined as one meter or less from the ruck.
Speaker 3: That's the lord. That should be a penalty to the Blues.
Speaker 1: Okay, one meter, Oh my god. Simple, that's if someone still got the hand on it took a lot of quite simply, that's a penalty. And the other side of it is, gee, the Blues had forty phases. Yeah, but that's a penalty. Okay, Well it didn't matter because se says we have through to another, brilliant another that defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to be happy for Rod Penny. He went through he went through it, and he inherited the poison Chalice.
Speaker 1: There's only a couple of months ago, and I can't I'm not excusing his outburst because he's sub from the apologized, so he wouldn't mind be saying it. But he was getting grilled at a presser down in christ Church and I still had the mic on and Ryan has Ray that's one of the reporters, and then all obviously got picked up. They able to make the apology. Those days are over for Rod Penny, you know a Rod Penny for and Andrew Mertins.
Speaker 3: He loves.
Speaker 1: Them, loves Penny, maybe he loves him, so the moment will be happy to see Rob Pennye doing well. Crusaders Chiefs this week is going to be huge. However, we have all tipped the Chiefs, which will discuss to Andrew Mertens as.
Speaker 3: Stupid for tipping the Chiefs. Then no, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Thirty one and oh forty phases on their own line.
Speaker 1: Is the third straight GF? Isn't it the Chiefs?
Speaker 3: Yes? Chiefs, Yes, yes, third straight GF? If not?
Speaker 1: Now what's this? Have you got to lose two to win one? Not one to win one, two to win one? Anyways, fellas Michael Checker our man, I was so happy to wake up Sunday morning and have my feed flooded with check highlights.
Speaker 3: His team went so close to.
Speaker 1: Taking our bath at a packed Twickenham in the sunshine.
Speaker 3: It looked awesome over there, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: Good footing, good footy, good day?
Speaker 2: Is that often the weather you always yeah, because.
Speaker 4: Your back end of it, you play your rug up from sort of November through to February, maybe in March, and then when you come to the finals and they're down and twicken and it.
Speaker 5: Is the grass was pure like that.
Speaker 4: It was just it was just a beautiful day and a good and a good game of footy as well. Back and forth. You know that the hits were great. Actually, my daughter asked me who would win out of best of North and best of South. It would be a great contest. I would say it's a great contest, right because they play different styles of footy as.
Speaker 3: Well, Chiefs Chiefs or Crusaders v. Bath.
Speaker 2: Chiefs Crusader would absolutely tower Bath to lose and Leinster and you know the Northampton.
Speaker 3: That's a different.
Speaker 4: Story of course, that it wouldn't be great to get that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's you to lose a different to lose a different story. I could see in that, on that dry track on that How good is I've played? I think one game in June for the Barbers. It's a different world. In summer it's great. I used to November freezing cold.
Speaker 4: The grass is painted, we're trying to play with sunshine. Yet what about this bars here? Why why wouldn't you not go the whole way?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Because that man's dad paid for Bath and the kid grew up idolizing his dad as a Bath player, and Finn Russell said he wanted to give him a moment and the family a moment to celebrate, and.
Speaker 3: Came in a view at Max JOm Or who scores. They think that as you running in.
Speaker 5: To be able to throw the pass was forward as well.
Speaker 2: They went upstairs and Russell.
Speaker 3: Anytime, anytime, no less. So that made at twenty to seven. But Lester came rowing back in the fight.
Speaker 1: Fellows Solomon Katter who used to beat the Brumbies before that. Maybe with the Blues and a bit of time in the NRL. I think Solomon Cutta scored to going for lesser and then it all all hell breaks looselate with Dan Cole copping yellow for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Austin Healy said, uh, it's a disgrace. But you got contact in the head?
Speaker 3: Is there contact in the head?
Speaker 1: It was for the shoulder, Berkie, I think there were the shoulder to the head. Cal Dixon says, shoulder here, shoulder, shoulder to shoulder.
Speaker 3: You can't shoulder charge.
Speaker 1: Three four Ben Youngs are less a leegend kicked off after the back of this his check I can't wait to scrub when he gets you for line swelt what Check said to him so good and.
Speaker 3: A little.
Speaker 2: And tell you what he said.
Speaker 3: Off the script, it's btp up late. Where does he go next? Where does he go back? In town. There is Michael checking go next.
Speaker 1: He's too good not to be coaching a top line team somewhere in the world if he wants. I don't even know if he wants to, but if he does, then surely there's a spot for him somewhere more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a great for Bath. Of course.
Speaker 2: We've been the celebrations, a great traditional club.
Speaker 3: Been a long time between drinks.
Speaker 2: The Wreck is one of those iconic home grounds where it's not even there. It's a public park in some of they play cricket league and walk your dog across it. Great little spot bath, of course, so great for them. Michael chek a the most impressive coaching resume of an Australian in the game at the moment. How we use a resource like that is up to people smarter than me. But it would be a shame if we had to have our players playing against a team that he was coaching, or if the NRL were brave enough to take him, they wouldn't They wouldn't regret it.
Speaker 3: That's for sure.
Speaker 2: There's only so many jobs he could take now, big international jobs, five big clubs around the world, or ones that have an emotional connection to him.
Speaker 5: I would have thought, and he picks and cheeses, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know there's been lots of offers, but Wales would love to have him. England if they had gone further south they would, I reckon they would have taken him if they ended up moving on their coach, which they won't. Now there's only so many jobs.
Speaker 1: What would make him a good NRL coach? We all love our RABI league. What would make him a good n RL coach?
Speaker 2: I think he marries the sort of hard edge and grind you've got to be able to get through. You've got to be able to get your players up in June when they're busted and all that sort of stuff like it's a it's a grind week in, week out, so he's lived that in Europe. It's not a sprint like Super Rugby. So I think having that European knowledge is big. Going to run a big squad, you got high turnover, you've got to deal with losing guys to origin and bits and pieces, so there's all these other bits and pieces there, had experience helping out the rusters and knows the game. I think he's just sort of at the peak of his powers now where he's very self aware of He's one of those few guys that knows what he doesn't know. He's self aware of what his role is. Great motivator, good footy coach, but also smart enough to get people around him. Had Kid Well there running defense at Leicester. Had Peter Hewitt there running a take. It's good to see some Austrainers doing well there. I think, just think lots of those ingredients mean it'd be really interesting to see him doing an our old team watch this space.
Speaker 1: More to come, as they say, fellas he the fall Outsidety formerly coached. The Wallabies have their squad said to be named later this week.
Speaker 3: So first up Fiji.
Speaker 1: I mean we get swept up in the lines, as we should because they arrive the Lions a week from today into Perth. It is extraordinary how quickly that's coming around. But obviously the Babies will play against Fiji before they take on the Lions. I'm pumped to see how that plays out. What will the squad look like though? Is he going full noise for the first one where he's going to try and warehouse a few I.
Speaker 3: Hope he goes full noise.
Speaker 2: More they play together because well, this is what you didn't have a warm up game, did you say? Two thousand and one no game before that? Gab almost ambush, you know. And then twenty thirteen, three debutantes in the Wallabies team for the first Test, no warm up either. So one, this is great, This is so smart to have a game not calling a war. It's a test match. I'd be trying to pick your team.
Speaker 4: You mentioned it last time when we spoke about that, and my memories of were we were a little insula, you know, we were secluded, we're a cops harbor. We thought we had everything done and you're right, we came back to it was a house of mirrors. We came back and went what happened? Then we just got out played out maneuver it outplayed out everything. Then the then the Hessian went up around the oval at Coughs Harbor. When ever we can look over still and look inside it, and then we sort of started to knuckle down and realized what it was. So I think for to get any type of combination, cohesion the biggest one, and as you've said, Morgs with the with the Irish massive contingent there to get that cohesion it's going to be tough, but the amount of games that they get to play beforehand, it's going to be massive. You know, it's not They will have success on the way through, no doubt against our super rugby teams. But I think that the more thing Andy Farah was looking for is that cohesion in amongst his players. Who can who can I work out who's going to play best together and form than that great bond.
Speaker 2: Surely, if you're NIFIL, you just want the Irish players playing as well as you can because you want to pick as many of them as you can. The easiest thing for him is to have the agency to pick Irish players. So the fact that Sam in English, there lots of Scott's there, that's going to be interesting in those warm games. If they start playing well English and Scottish players, it's a tough selection table. The caveat to the Wallabies game is, of course, the Tars play the lines the day before. If you're Joe Schmidt, do you just make sure everyone's getting a game, so you push a couple of Tars guys to the Wartars game. So other guys in the Western Force and Mortars guys haven't played rugby in a while.
Speaker 3: Now I tell you a bit going on there.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what next Saturday morning on stan Sport, Joe Schmidt and the Wallabies management team will be cheering Argentina like never before. And then if you and I will be cheering the fi Jeans and Burn and his men like never before, trying to tender we have to pick they could easily.
Speaker 2: Again specific arm games we play like that.
Speaker 3: I think a c L the first time we tackled it about.
Speaker 1: Four years remember the last but also remember the last three.
Speaker 5: End of that book.
Speaker 3: Three big series to.
Speaker 1: Not warm only just say Mark's Test match Willbys v Scotland in Newcastle in the Michael hoop is the boo Yes, not good?
Speaker 3: That was the subtly the web.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they had had to call the had to call the engineers to see if the roof was going to come off. Yeah, the win was that strong.
Speaker 3: What is they could have? He's hoping that it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Donald Jones not long from now fellas, what else we got coming up?
Speaker 3: Good? God?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Saturday morning, as we said, the Lion tagle Argentine.
Speaker 3: That's in Dublin, so that will be first up for us.
Speaker 1: And I've just spoken to producer Harrow and producer Trap. We've just mapped out what's to come across for six weeks the Lions series. Fellaws, you want to just go through some of the boys dot points here.
Speaker 2: Well, the big one that jumps out at me is the wonderfully named Inside Lion. Yeah, that's Geene. That's smart. That's good. Well, we'll do what we do between two boats.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: We do Line Central. That'll be hugely important. As teams. I'm starting to make their players available. We've got some time with Joe Schmidt earlier in the week as well for all of our viewers just to see what's happening with the Wallabies teams. Inside Line will be important and I think lots of us are in and out for rugby Heavens, Berkie, Seawan on the road and lots.
Speaker 3: Of fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Is the one at Cargo, I know is a couple of pubs all around the Trap, so that'll be a membership there.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to the Captain's Run. You're just about doing every one of these balls. I think you're on one of these ones. That last Captain's run I think is really cool. You know at the ground, just sort of taking it a little bit of atmosphere that's going to be sort of nervousness from everyone and getting that final say of how things are going to pan out through you know, where they through everything you know and understanding.
Speaker 2: The great thing too is that things change so quickly throughout the week in these series and these tools we've talked about, James Harwell's judiciaries, all those sorts of things will happen. Injuries, who's available, especially line side selection. So having just a point of contact every day for our viewers, he'll be up to date.
Speaker 4: Well that injury one I was talking to someone about the other day. I was talking to the boys were at the Zoo about having to play back to back to back test matches and we haven't done that for a long time, and that is that is brutal. And I remember I used to always talk about sort of playing club foot. You're okay Sunday ish, Yes, yeah, club State football. So you know you're playing warts Radsweller Tuesday test matches.
Speaker 5: You're still saw on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Like it's so how do you then be able to sort of back up and go again. It's it's going to be incredible management of the players and the squad to be able to get through these three games.
Speaker 1: We also will be joined by Martin Johnson, the legendary Lion and Englishman of the World Cup winner and Jamie Rowinds the Doctor's coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah good.
Speaker 1: One of us ozy my lunch after I was around a golf gone wrong at long Reef.
Speaker 3: That it's not going to be happening.
Speaker 1: It's going to be happening. Maybe after the Lions we'll celebrate a Wallaby series win. Fellas Between the two Posts Extra, we're getting catch up with James O'Connor, our man with the plan in christ Church. They're going to get the win for the Crusaders on Between two Posts Extra tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We'll see you both.
Speaker 1: Then and we'll see the rest of you. You know, we're on the home of rugby stand Sport for Between two Posts Extra