Speaker 1: Hello world. In a song that we're singing, come on, get.
Speaker 2: Happy, a whole lot of love, and it's what will be bringing, will make you happy.
Speaker 3: We are a dream.
Speaker 4: We don't travel togethers better than.
Speaker 1: Love, and then we'll keep women on. Something always happens.
Speaker 5: Where they have a win together and we get a happy feeling.
Speaker 1: When we're singing a song traveling alone.
Speaker 6: There's a song that was singing, come on, get happy, a whole lot of love, and it's what will be bringing.
Speaker 1: We make you.
Speaker 2: Happy, will make you happy.
Speaker 7: You well, Good morning everybody, and welcome to a brand new day. As someone once said, Simon owens in the chair again. And I'm a little surprised, I have to say, because Tony McManus I thought had just a little cold, but it must be more of a fluey type thing, because five days on he's still not back at work and he has the work ethic of I don't know what can you have a work ethic of? I was going to say a horse. I don't quite know what's right. Jay is here though, Hello Jay.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Simon.
Speaker 7: What does he have the work ethic of?
Speaker 8: A work ethic of Gee, that's a good one. That's an interesting way. We can even open that up actually, but yes, if you've got a work ethic of a ball or something. Yeah, yeah, moving.
Speaker 7: Forward, he is reliable, He's always there all of those things, but I know what it is. But anyway, so por Tony's just still a bit crook. So he's off again today, possibly tomorrow, we don't know, so I shouldn't even speculate as to when he will return. But he will return eventually, that we do know. But in the meantime, it's it's me here till five point thirty this morning with Jay of course. How was your weekend?
Speaker 9: Jay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, good things, Simon, it wasn't too bad. A beautiful day today. So we took a few steps outside and went and saw a local football match.
Speaker 7: That was good.
Speaker 8: My next door neighbor's son was playing, and yeah, it was good just to get outdoors and my son's soccer team played. But unfortunately my son wasn't feeling too well about an hour before, so he said, all right, let's cancel that one. So okay, couldn't make that.
Speaker 7: That's all right, the footy game though, any problem parents, No.
Speaker 8: So far so good?
Speaker 7: Yeah our way, yes, or you the problem?
Speaker 10: Parent?
Speaker 7: That's why you don't notice it.
Speaker 8: That's what happens, isn't it. Usually the parent doesn't know what what they're actually saying or doing. But so far, so good. We're pretty mellow, and you know that it doesn't go our way. That's okay. Yeah, the team played well. Yeah they in some age groups they don't keep score. I understand, which I think is I think is silly. No, yeah, I think so too. Now we keep school.
Speaker 7: I actually think it's important that kids do learn that you don't always win in life. That's correct. It doesn't set you up well for the future if you think you can just coast along.
Speaker 8: But it also helps to encourage them to try and to achieve something, to set a goal, and.
Speaker 7: If you're really suck at it, then then it teaches you give up and try something you're better at.
Speaker 8: Maybe it's time to have a sit down on the couch with the kids. Yeah, exactly explore out of the avenues of careers.
Speaker 7: Because I tried a few sports. I did one season of basketball and was absolutely useless as a basketball player. The kids in court would throw the ball at me. I just thought it's straight back. I was terrified because as soon as they thrown me the ball was running at you. Yes, I was terrified, so I threw it back. I played a season of soccer and there were games where I'd turn up and start off the field and never actually get on the field. So I must have been that bad.
Speaker 8: That was a bit like me with AFL. When I was in primary school. I was the only clean one at the end of the game, so the guys, you know, were sympathetic to me and sort of splashed a bit of mud on me. By the time I got back to school, I was all right too, you know. I was a bit more confident. I could step off the bus and people would see that I was a little bit dirty that playing exactly. It was just the guys that are pushing a bit of mud on me, so I got on the bus.
Speaker 7: Isn't it a bit sad? But did it affect you in a bad way?
Speaker 8: Not in a bad way. I didn't know the positions on the field.
Speaker 7: It was very bad.
Speaker 8: I was very I had a wonderful teacher who not only was my teacher during the day, but also in the sports teacher, so he knew, you know, how I worked, and just I knew I was very you know a cure and all that.
Speaker 7: It was a kid.
Speaker 8: So he really took me under his wing and knew just to be calm, just to be patient, and just to direct me. Stand over there where that guy is.
Speaker 7: We'll see. I knew see Carly, Carly kats and manass leaving the building people, and I I knew that I was useless at basketball, and I wasn't quite as useless as soccer. But I wasn't really any good there was. I remember one game only where for some reason, I just threw all caution to the wind and I just chased the ball NonStop around the field. I just did not stop. And I remember coming off the field exhausted and the coach saying, I had no idea you could actually do what you did. But then the next week I thought, I'm not going through all that again. I stood running, just stood there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, football, too much running in football.
Speaker 7: But it didn't hurt me to know that I wasn't bad at it. I moved on from those sports and I ended up playing tennis for a couple of years, and I was a taller in year seven. The start of year seven, I was sort of mid range. By the end of year seven, I was the second tallest in my year level, so I had an early sort of growth spurt, earlier than most of the other kids, and so I had a couple of years where that height as a tennis player gave me extra reach. My serve was better, and so I actually I did alright at tennis. I was never going to achieve anything really in tennis, but I found a sport that was good for me because the only thing coming at you was a ball. Yeah, not people.
Speaker 8: I love tennis and I played tennis too.
Speaker 7: Where did you play Lindydale Uniting Church? Right?
Speaker 8: I was my Maerenci Tennis Club. Okay, yeah, I did a couple of years there. I got to I started at section twenty four. It was sections twenty four, got down to section eight, okay, over a couple of years. But yeah, I loved it. Every Saturday morning I used to play. It's fantastic.
Speaker 7: Yeah. No, we went involved in any sort of real It was a local competition, but I have no idea of rankings and all of that sort of thing. But I also remember I used to play. My mum used to play tennis as well, so we had a mixed doubles thing going on. And ages didn't matter and stuff. So occasionally we'd go out in the court and never hit with my mum. She and I would partner up and take on other people. It's good. I loved. I love tennis to this day. It's the one sport I've really enjoyed.
Speaker 8: Do you still play?
Speaker 7: No, And I've spoken about it before. I'd love to. But and there's a tennis court not far away from me, and when I go for a walk along the walking track, there'll be people out there playing tennis, and so I look at it and go I should contact them, and, you know, and make an approach and say I'd like to play and get back into it because I'd really love to. But I just can't summon up the courage. I just can't do it.
Speaker 8: I find a wall and I just get a racket and a ball. Yeah, and if I go, that's all I need, just a wall and a ball and the racket and I just sit it against the wall for an hour or two. It's fantastic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, awesome, good one day. Yeah we should Yeah. During the outbreaks one, double, three, six, nine three, what was your sport of choice? Let's throw that into the conversation as well, I will say when we go to Adelaide, because at the moment where Melbourne only I understand. So when we go to Adelaide in about fifteen minutes time, Gavin Wood will join us to pay tribute to Marci Jones. I wanted to do something with Gavin because he was a big Marsi and the cookies fan knew them well and so it'd be lovely to chat to Gav and get his recollections of Marci. But I also we've just had normal row on which was actually Gavin suggested that to me, so it was very kind of Gavin to do that. So Gavin's going to join me so we can talk to Adelaide and then later on we'll replay it for Perth as well so we can get that happening. So that'll all happen in about fifteen minutes. But we've got time to take your calls before and of course after, because we're here right through till five point thirty. Nathan calls from Aliston. How are you, Nathan?
Speaker 11: It's such a saint, Simon. I know why Tony, I know why Tiny's having another day off because Melbourne's football tables yesterday.
Speaker 7: Did they so you reckon he's over the cold, but he is having an hissy fit because of his footy team.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's I think. That's what I think.
Speaker 7: Well, look, let's say let's hope it's that, because having a flu or anything is not a lot of fun. I don't know whether it's a flu or not that he's got, but obviously five days off is Yeah, it's a bit longer than we were expecting with just a head cold or something.
Speaker 11: And it's good to hear you again anyway on the not Overnight's thank you and who's going to say some it? So Yeah, that's what I was thinking you when you said you when you were saying about tiny, that's what I think. That's what I was thinking. You just have a hissy feet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because Melbourne, because he he does love his demons, doesn't he.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And he's trying to get he's trying to get made to sing this Melbourne's same song too.
Speaker 7: He was trying to get her to sing it. Yeah, I wouldn't even know the words.
Speaker 11: He'd bet he wants me to repay it after him. Yeah, how about that? And you know that's one and I have tiff you've been bringing up just want to know her bathroom's going.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, well, Tiffy usually gives us an update. Whenever we get on. We see a text or two from Tiffy, so she does keep us posted. If you're listening, Tiffy, Nathan wants to know how your.
Speaker 11: Bathroom is going, and also to say hello to everybody, and alsought to say hello to Arth and and He's and Jimmy yep, jim yeah, beautiful and constant const I haven't heard constant for no.
Speaker 7: So I well, I'm not usually here at this time to be listening, so I don't. I don't.
Speaker 12: Know.
Speaker 11: She never since Tony Tony maclay was only on his showman reading him and he's never running this ton before.
Speaker 7: She's probably just adjusted her hours so she could follow the other tiny with there's people love some and not others, and follow you blindly wherever someone else goes. I follow people I like, and if they change the timeslot, I'll change my way of listening and stuff. So yeah, that does happen, and callers come and go with programs, different programs, different hosts, etc. Good on your Nathan, lovely to hear from you, though, we've got to get a break. Out of the way, Helen and Leanne with you on the other side ahead of Gavin Wood when we cross to Adelaide back in a seat and Helen has called in from South Melbourne.
Speaker 13: Hello, Helen, Hi, Simon.
Speaker 14: I've just noticed that Rage on Channel two in about ten minutes is tonight set in New York in the seventies. So that's good, okaydy talking heads lou Reed people like that, So that's good. And I've been thinking about you at three am, and I think at about ten to three and then again at half past three. You need to play a song that just always makes you tap and move around. For me, it would be like Dire straight Sultan's of Swing. I could not sit still to that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sultan's a swing good song.
Speaker 14: And it also reminded me of the opposite puzzle when I had this great idea about a year ago to listen to classical music to help me go to sleep. But my very first choice was Edward Griggs Hall of the Mountain King, and it starts off so quietly. It was perfect choice until it suddenly gets really really loud, and I'd totally forgotten that, so I never tried it again. It was such a failure.
Speaker 7: That's wonderful. I'm just trying to think of a song that really gets me up and going.
Speaker 14: We do, you know, we're just thinking about it will keep you up and going.
Speaker 7: Look, I'll be fine anyway because I've I've also got this I can of Mother to get me through, which I hadn't opened yet. Normally I opened that at midnight.
Speaker 4: Mother.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Mother. The energy drink. It's like ninety nine percent sugar, one percent something else that keeps you up right.
Speaker 14: And the other thing you need to buy for the future is aromatherapy oil Rosemary. If you need to swat or stay up, just smell it twice in five minute intervals and it wakes you up.
Speaker 7: Does it? Rosemary?
Speaker 14: Rosemary oil, aromatherapy? Okay, google that and double check me. But I've used a few years.
Speaker 7: Okay. I just normally what I do, and I did it before. I remember when last night I had a power nap, so Andrew came in at Andrew came in from our pre program meeting. We sat and chatted for about ten minutes, and then I put my feet up on the desk, leant back on my chair and just dozed off to sleep.
Speaker 14: That's fabulous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And so I sat there in the studio having a snooze and Caroly Kats and Barnas came in later in the background.
Speaker 14: Sorry, I'll have a listen to you and I'll have Rage playing playing in the background.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, that sounds like a good mix. I think.
Speaker 14: All right, have a good evening.
Speaker 7: Beautiful, Thanks Helen, take care, cheers. Leanne's in Minneapili and.
Speaker 12: Hi, Simon and Jay.
Speaker 15: Do topics.
Speaker 12: Swimming.
Speaker 10: I was the best bat, but I did.
Speaker 12: Play nearly every.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and it was quite good at most of them.
Speaker 7: Some people are some people are just naturally gifted.
Speaker 12: I think I'm paying for it now.
Speaker 7: Well that's the other thing. Yeah, who was I listening to or talking to? Who was saying that people who are athletic when they're young and they jog and you know, and play sports and stuff, their knees always pack up and hips pack up. But people who are quite lazy as kids, their knees and stuff last a lot longer. It provided they don't get obese.
Speaker 12: It wasn't they. But I did my knee in touch football. My knee went backwards and I snapped my anterior crucied ligament and I was a foot from the tryline on the wing. Yeah, I didn't get to score. I was unpredictable as the speed I could run. This was a long time ago. And also, yeah, according to science if he studies, the happiest song is Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys. Because of his up, I'm thinking that might be up on them.
Speaker 15: No, it's ay.
Speaker 7: I love a Beach Boys song, but I go Sloop John Bee. Yeah, Sloop John b is a great one for me.
Speaker 12: I love that one too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my favorite, definitely, my absolute favorite. But yeah, good Vibrations I've always found rather irritating and it's been used in too many commercial campaigns as well, where they hijacked it.
Speaker 12: So well, who's your favorite band?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, I was trying to think before of a song that gets me up and going, and there's one by Hall and Oates and I can't remember the name of the song. It's you you make my Dreams Come True? Or you make me Feel brand New.
Speaker 12: Or something you make my Dreams come true?
Speaker 17: Yeah, that one.
Speaker 7: That's probably the song that I that I would play if I wanted to play look myself up. Yeah, So what's it called? Do you make my dreams come true.
Speaker 12: I think so.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Also, you can do Don't Stop Me Now or Billy Jean. You've got so many songs too.
Speaker 7: I love Billy Jean, but it's not it's not one that would wake me up, and no one wants to No one needs to see me try and moon walk.
Speaker 12: Or what about don't stop You Getting Up?
Speaker 7: Yeah. I'm not a huge Michael Jackson fan. Look, I think I do like a lot of his stuff, but I'd never put I'd never sort of consciously choose a Michael Jackson song to play to you sort of get me going, and I that all the notes one would be the one.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, all right, I'll leave you to it now. I'm going to go have a shower and go to bed because I've been very moving stuff around all day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, bit tired, bits all h.
Speaker 12: Not sure yet, but I will be tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's what it bites, That's what it hurts. All right, Good on you, Lee, Thanks for the call. Jim Z West, what's great, Hey, Jim.
Speaker 18: Good morning, Simon and Jay. First of all, the best of Tony once again, also condolences to Marcy Jones's family, and good morning Togethern. Hopefully it was a long time since me and Arthur spoke Togethern. I think it was on your show last we spoke to him. But good to hear Gavin again, but under not good circumstances because he's coming on because of Marcy Jones.
Speaker 7: Yes he is, yes, yes, so yeah, Like I.
Speaker 18: Said, condolences to her family. Also, good morning, and thank you to Nathan saying hello to me and Arthur. And I just wanted to say, you know all the Phantom of the Opera Forductions, Mine was Andrew Lloyd Webbers and Sarah Brightman for me was the best opera singer. But my elderly neighbor who's just moved out now because he's turned ninety one, when I had the DVD, I've never been to the productions, but I've seen her on DVD. He said he saw her on a few occasions the show, and he told me something that surprised me about Sarah Brightman. He said, in her younger days, before she was an opera singer for a little while, she was a disco dancer and disco singer. In her younger days for a little while.
Speaker 7: What was she really?
Speaker 18: That's what my elderly neighbors said to me, I'll go with I never rather surprising, how about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had no idea of that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I just thought i'd mention it. I know, I think I've heard you say like Sarah Brightman or maybe I'm maybe he liked someone else. But yeah, I was rather surprised when my elderly neighbor told me that. But he told me I had seen a few times in the concerts. Who's your fan the best Phantom of the Opera singer? Sign?
Speaker 7: Look, well, i'd have to go. When I think of Phantom, I think of Anthony Warlow as Sarah Brightman, of course, yes, as the as the female leader. I don't think you can. You can probably beat Marina Pryor.
Speaker 18: I don't know if I've seen her version of opera.
Speaker 7: No, but if anyone could do it in this country, it would be Marina Pryor that i'd I'd also love to see Sylvie Palladino have a crack at it too.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think I saw Marina Pryor when I came to one of Dennis's Christmas by candbell lights. You and you and Philip with ours trying to wave to you but you didn't know was maker, and I was talking to you. Then you said it was the soundproof booth, which I forgot to be. So you can hear what yaving about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're in a caravan when we do the outside broadcast on Christmas Eve. So if you're ever there again when we do the Christmas Eve carols by candlelight, come around and bash on the door and say hello.
Speaker 18: Okay, and one more thing, Simon before I go, I was looking through my things to find something. I found one of your Simon Allen Sos playing cards. And I found the notepad, the Simon Own Show notepad. Yes, I also found from twenty twenty two when I think Philip Wrohota says, dear Jim and Arthur. Simon is not writing letters this year, but Merry Christmas from me and Archie. When he's wearing the Christmas pattern and his pajamas, he is very cute about to bid into a cookie. And there's you and Philip been black and white on one side, Simon Owen Show.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I found that I forgot I had.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd forgotten I did that one.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll good on you. Jim, good good, memories too. I'm looking at what I'm going to do for merchandise for the show for next season because I've run I run out of the cards very quickly because the Boss made me do all those quizzes, the Sydney Boss. But I've been looking at what I'm going to do for the next ones. I'm not sure I might do drink coasters. Do people still use those anymore? I don't know. All right now one double three six nine three. Well, A pause calls momentarily now because we're going to take a break very shortly. Adelaide are going to come on board out of the other side of the break, and we'll have Gavin Wood with us because he's going to come on and reminisce about Marcy Jones, who of course sadly passed away on well two days away, two days ago now it was, so we'll do all that after this. Well, good morning to everyone listening through five double A. It's good to have you on board. Simon Owen's in the chair again this morning for Tony McManus. Tony's still a little on the unwell side. He will be, but it's a question of when is what we thought was just a little cold is obviously lingering, but he's in good spirits. We texted each other earlier yesterday evening and he will be fine. But I'm here in the meantime until he gets back on deck. So it's good to be with you. And you can call any time of course on one double three six nine three, and you can text as well. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. Now to start the show off this morning. Marcy Jones was a great a great singer, a popular singer, much loved in the music industry, and she sadly passed away. Now that it's Monday morning, it was two days ago she passed away on Saturday. One of those who knew and adore and loved Marcy Jones is the legend who is Gavin Wood from Countdown Fame nationally and also and also a star of many years as well. Gavin would good morning to you.
Speaker 13: See they throw that legend word around quite easily, don't they. How are you mate, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 7: How are you going?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 13: Look, it's been an awful couple of days. When I heard the news about mass she was such a life force, beautiful woman. I've known her for many many years. I heard your interview with Normy row earlier on and and you know they were lifelong friends. And you know I consider that with mass because when I was a boy, even before I got into radio up in Brisbane, I used to go to the Brisbane Ecker They and they used to they used to have the tent shows there with the Robbie Snowden and Ronnie Burns and Normy Rowe and Marsy and the Cookies. So as a young young boy I go to the show and that it was a high stage, and of course Marsy and the Cookies would come out with these very short mini dresses on. Well it turned me on as a young boy, I can tell you. And it even ended It even ended up in Marcy's book. She said Gavin would just to come come to our shows and look up our dresses, which was true.
Speaker 7: Well it's true. No point denying it. Teenage boys, that's it's you know, you've got two brains.
Speaker 13: No, she looks. She was marvelous. I remember going to a concert once, I think it was out of Dorset Gardens or something like that, and I got there and she was already on stage singing, So I thought, oh, I'll just sit down the back and watch the show. Well, halfway through the next song, she's walked off the stage and she's walked all around through the crowd, right to me and sat on my lap ah lovely while she's still singing the song. You know, just she was just one of those beautiful, beautiful people, and she you know, she always gave a leg up to all you know, rising stars. You know, she was just so supportive and looks as normally said, she will be so missed. You know that there was only ever one Marcy Jones, and I know who's hurting right now, and that's her husband, Murray, and the kids and also the cookies. You know, there are three girls from Brisbane, Margaret, Wendy and Beverly, three beautiful girls, and the four of them used to create music magic.
Speaker 7: I was looking at Facebook earlier yesterday and there were of course many tributes going up there, and the one that I thought was most touching in a way was actually I don't remember the lady's name, but she was Marsy's daughter in law, and I thought, when the in laws are singing your praises, that's pretty good.
Speaker 13: Look at everybody loved Mars. You know, she was one of those people you'd walk into the room, into a big room, and all of a sudden, all the attention would be on her, and she would get everybody together in the room. She was just one of those personalities, and she had it from the get go, you know, she was just her personality was just so right and vivid, and she always had a smile on her face, and those big eyes would glint at you and smile and and you just loved her.
Speaker 7: She normally sort of indicated that she was quite happy to give an opinion, which which can be code. Would it would it be fair to say that that she would take no nonsense? Or would she or not? Was I reading a bit too much into what Normy said there?
Speaker 13: Well, no, you've got to remember what Normy told you was you know, she was probably the only girl in Melbourne singing with Normy going around there, and you had to be tough if you're the only girl on the show. So she learned very very quickly to assert herself and also to say now you should be doing this. She was always good giving the advice, but you know, you took it with great grace because she had you know, she had her hard, biggest Texas and unfortunately her heart gave away and end, you know, with the leukemia and all of that, and it's just sad, you know when you consider that she passed away at Bauxhill Hospital, which is two streets from me and you, yeah.
Speaker 7: We just live around the corner. I didn't realize that that's where she was. I didn't.
Speaker 13: I didn't either until normally tell me when I rang.
Speaker 7: Him, Well, that would upset you because you're an adorer, as so many do, and if you knew you would have been a visit, I would assume.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well yeah, but you know it's like Philip Brady, you know when he was in hospital, you know, every you know, what do you have seventeen visitors in one day? And they said, I said, people in here don't have seventeen visitors in a year. Yeah, you know, so the last thing you want to do is be a menace. And you know, and I unfortunately had been in that hospital and sometimes you just don't want any visitors.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, that's that's true too. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she's going to be missed, mate. She's she's just glorious and she was so happy plan her big eightyeth bash in you know, in a couple of weeks time. You know, we're going to the bowling club and we're all going to have a big celebration.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I saw a post on that as well, where she where she had announced that she was going to be organizing that and looking forward to it. And I've read that and thought, oh, that's that's actually not that far away. How devastating.
Speaker 13: Yeah, only only two weeks of operadio birthday, and.
Speaker 7: I sort of still hope that maybe that will go ahead in her honor. That would be a lovely thing too, if everyone did get together to celebrate Marci.
Speaker 13: Oh look, I'm sure the wake will be enormous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 13: And you know it's uh, it's you know, it's just mat. We're all in line. You know, we've all got numbers and we just don't know who's going to drop off next. So you know, my advice to everyone is to get regular blood tests, yes, and take care of yourself and enjoy every day as much as you can on this earth.
Speaker 7: That's very good advice, indeed, Marcy, Like Philip Brady, my former on air partner, I guess look, it's almost a terrible thing to say. And I said this to Normi yesterday afternoon. Philip led a bit of a charmed life. You know, he had a great life and a great career, loads of friends, and I said, even he even sadly passed the right way. It's tough for those left behind. But phil phil lived and walked on this planet for nearly eighty six years, and he got his diagnosis in December and was gone two months later, whereas other people have years long battles, health battles before they finally go. And Normally said, well, that's pretty much true of Marcy as well, in that she had a diagnosis and she was and it's taken her very quickly. But yeah, it's harder for those left behind. But it's a small mercy, I guess as it is that you know that we're not We're not having this conversation three years from now after Marcy had a slow and painful decline.
Speaker 13: So there's yeah, thank thank the Lord for that. I mean, it's it's it's you know, it's sad. But you know the worst thing about death is the people that you leave behind. Yeah, so they're the ones that are devastated, they're the ones that have got to pick up the pieces and go on with happy, happy memories. And look, it's going to be it's going to be a great celebration of Marcy's life, and it's going to be tough for all of us because we've known this lady for so long.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 13: And oh and just to just to correct you a little bit or tell you, Uptight was compared by Ross D. Wiley, Yes, and he did. He also swung into Happening seventy and he compared Happening seventy and then Jeff Phillips took over Happening seventy one and onwards.
Speaker 7: Ah right, okay, yes, so the show evolved from month the other. Okay, yeah, yeah, that's well, that fixes Andrew's confusion. Ahi. Of course I was too young to know any of us.
Speaker 13: Well, that's that's why you need Andrew and me to help you.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 13: I can, if you've got time, I can tell you a great Rosty Whyley story.
Speaker 7: Yep. Please.
Speaker 13: I was in Abandoned Brisbane, a young band, you know, before I got into radio, and we got the we got the gig of back backing all the big Southern artists coming up, and it was the big Warana festival. There was ten thousand people on Coronation Drive in Brisbane and we and our band was on the back of a semi trailer. And Rossy Wiley, of course, had just had the big number one song, The Star. So he was a local boy, made good Brittany boy going down to Melbourne, gets his own television show and that gets the number one. So he's hotter than hell. So he's the last act on and the band's going, you know, backing. I didn't plan the instruments. I was a singer, so I was side stage watching all this unfold. Rossy Wiley comes on and the crowd goes crazy, right, and he sings a few songs and all of a sudden they start chanting the Star, the Star, this Star, and so he says, to my bad, well we better do it. So he goes one tooth three, one tooth three, and you know what, my band couldn't get the timing. Oh really, they just couldn't get it right. And we had a young guitarist who was sweating blood, he really was, and he said, well, look let's try that again. And then we tried three times and the band still couldn't get it right. There's ten thousand people screaming the star. He said, look, we won't do that, let's do this one. And he did running bear, yes, and absolutely brained them and killed them and they forgot about the star.
Speaker 15: Ah.
Speaker 7: That is wonderful.
Speaker 13: Now that's a showman for you.
Speaker 7: That is what a pro that's a wonderful story. Look, I have to wind you up. We've got to get to a break. But it's been lovely chatting to you. And next time I'm filling in, we'll have to get you. Have to get you on and just reminisce about other stuff as well.
Speaker 13: Because all right, lunch at the Boxshell Hospital, or have a drink from Mars.
Speaker 7: Yeah the r S l Yes, oh we could. We could sit in an emergency check up. Well we're there.
Speaker 13: The good thing is the hospitals right across the road, so if anything happens, we can just walk.
Speaker 7: Across if we if we drink too much, yes exactly. It's always a pleasure. Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: Good on anybody, Thanks Gavin would.
Speaker 7: And now we'll we'll get back to your calls soon ish. But you've got on the screen here, Jay that gave had a song from Martie. I wasn't looking at the screen. I was too busy enjoying the chat with Gav. What was the song that Marsi and the Cookies had some great songs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right, I would if I could.
Speaker 7: I would if I call the song.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not too familiar with it myself, okay, but yeah you have. I was saying that it's a it's a real good one from the band and one that he would like to to play.
Speaker 7: Well. I've made the assumption, of course, that I'm fifty three, you're fifty two.
Speaker 8: I think fifty one on Thursday fifty one.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Yeah, I'm prematurely aging him. You and I are actually probably a little too young to really remember Marcie Jones and the Cookies. I've sort of made the assumption that most people listening would be very familiar with their work. But if you're not, we've just been paying tribute to Marcie who's passed away. Here is some of her work.
Speaker 1: Said say no said.
Speaker 8: Did you change from.
Speaker 21: The see.
Speaker 1: Say every ten? You are the same as you.
Speaker 7: Marcy Jones and the Cookies. I would if I could, And I was gonna say on double t f M playing the best mix of the old and the new. Thank you Gab for the lovely chat. And there we go. That's Marcy Jones, who sadly passed away two days ago. Later on this morning, if I get time, Andrew and I interviewed her only three months ago. I remember when if we get time, Well WePlay that a little later on this morning, Leo's on the road. Gooday Leo.
Speaker 16: God has been pretty busy so far, but it's slowed down now.
Speaker 7: Yep, yep.
Speaker 22: Yes, Just going back to what your.
Speaker 23: Last guest said, that you have to live every day for us, you know all that's worth because as most people know, when I lost my wife's overseas, you just don't know when it's going to happen or how it's.
Speaker 24: Going to happen.
Speaker 16: And we all have a used by date, and yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 23: It's not stamped on my forehead. Unfortunately, if it was, probably more people would enjoy their lives a lot, more wouldn't worries much.
Speaker 7: That's the thing, isn't it. Imagine if you knew the day that you were going to die, wouldn't we live our lives differently?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 23: Yes, there was a film once I saw that there was a we've got an Indian. You're saying that if I knew you saw something that he said, he dreamt many times of that's where he's going to die. If he knew when it was, he would have been a much fierce of warrior, much better person, much better husband. And you just don't know it's going to happen. It's going to there's no way we can sort of avoid it, even though those people who try with the we got cryogenics, etc. They eventually, I mean, it's not even possible yet, and maybe one day it will be. But still will it be to the same person, that's the question.
Speaker 7: Yeah, once you're gone and you wake up again, you know with cryogenics. But if they ever get that technology working that that would actually be a very scary time. I think imagine waking up one hundred two hundred years from now just be terrifying. Now, thankfully we've got exqueze in another break before news. News is coming up very very shortly. Then it's straight back to you one double three six nine three. Now the board is empty and fair enough to We've been paying tribute to Marcy Jones this last half hour, but it's all about you. We did touch in the first half hour on what was your sport? So we'll revisit that. I don't even remember how we even got there, but we'll talk about that and other things. Give us a call.
Speaker 4: Now. This is a stranguloban eyed with Simon Owen's.
Speaker 7: Good choice of song. Jay, I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: In my so, what's.
Speaker 4: What's not?
Speaker 1: What's nice? A sound scout check it out. It's your son, doesn't give me away?
Speaker 16: You lady rules?
Speaker 21: And what's not?
Speaker 1: What's not? What's not?
Speaker 25: Sound?
Speaker 14: What what.
Speaker 1: They say? They say?
Speaker 7: I I just love the hood of your race. You've never seen them in concert. Every time I see that they're playing somewhere locally, it always coincides with when I'm working. And then there's nights where I go it's a Friday night, I'm not working because there's footy on and they're playing at such and such a place, and then I get the call during the week from our techs. We're a bit short staff for footy on Friday night, you were able to work, So I've never been able to actually see the Hoodoo gurus. You're a fan, Jay, obviously you've chosen the music.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not a huge fan like yourself. But I certainly like the music of Huda Gurus.
Speaker 7: I just that's we were talking earlier with about the songs that perk you up, gets you energized. That's definitely one for me. And great film clip too. Dave Faukner, for some reason, looked good in those religious clothes as he was dancing around. Yes, it was in purple.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're all lined up in different costumes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then they do that thing that was popular in the eighties where they interchange someone's one person's head on another person's bodies. Yeah, it was a great film clip. What's my scene?
Speaker 8: You need to talk to them and say, look, can you plan your tour and dates and times around my.
Speaker 7: Shows or get them to come in and perform live so I don't even have to go anywhere. I can actually get paid to see them if they come in studio.
Speaker 8: A bit of an acoustic session.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, that'd be great. So calls. Let's get back to that. I think it was Helen's suggestion, wasn't it. Helen was saying earlier about songs that perk you up? So what's yours? One, double, three, six, nine three? Songs that really sort of give you a lift and perk you up and get you going. I'd love to take your calls on that. Jay and I also at the top of last hour spoke about sport. I can't remember how we got onto the topic, but it turns out that neither of us were particularly good at sport, but we both sort of fell into tennis. So what was your sport? What were you Were you actually any good out of sport? Did you win? What was your sporting achievement your great sporting achievement. I tell you what my worst sporting achievement was. Jay. I got knocked out playing soccer at school soccer. I was playing soccer and the tallest kid in my year level, Brad Anderson, was on the opposite team, and he was running toward me. I'm standing there trying to stop him from kicking the ball past me, and he's swung that enormous leg of his back booted the ball with all of his might, and it went smack straight into my face. And all I remember is the ball hitting my face, And the next thing I remember is seeing a sea of faces looking at me as I was laying prone on the grass and everyone was looking down at me to see if I was okay.
Speaker 8: Did you have a couple of seconds where went green?
Speaker 7: No, I don't remember that.
Speaker 8: It must be different for everyone.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 7: It was like, we'll get your story to say. But yeah, I don't remember falling. I don't remember anything else. I remember the ball and then seeing people. Yes, and then I realized, oh, I'm lying down, And that's when I realized I must have been knocked out. And I don't know. I never actually asked how long have I been out for anything like that, so I assume it was just, you know, a second, like I was probably stunned more than knocked unconscious. Just sounds better to say you're knocked out. But yeah, I never actually asked. I could have been lying there for a minute for all I know.
Speaker 8: But Brad was he the hero of the soccer football fraternity at that time.
Speaker 7: Well, I think I did a pretty good job of blocking the kick.
Speaker 8: I can just pitch are Brad you know, the big, strong Brad with the blonde flowing hair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah it was. It was blonde flowing. I think it was fairly short hair, but yeah, he was blonde and muscular. Yeah, like flash, Yeah, someone was your you got knocked out as well?
Speaker 8: Did you the same thing? We were playing. I was in Queensland at the time. I had a community game of soccer and there was this other guy. We were running for the ball on the on one of the sides of the field and we were coming to the line and he was looking at me and I was looking at him. He wasn't stopping. I wasn't stopping. We were going straight for the ball and next minute, next minute, I was on the ground and all I remember is getting to the ball and then laying and then sitting up. Yeah, and then a friend coming over and saying you all right?
Speaker 7: Are you okay?
Speaker 8: And in that time everything spent green for some reason.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 8: When I was sitting up, everything just went green. And that's all I remember. I could I saw him running off, he was fine. Somewhere I hit him in some part of his body.
Speaker 7: Your head, his knee, could be anything like that, and.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just wake up a couple of seconds later. It was very strange, fabulous. Gee. I didn't know it. Well, hurt it a little bit, but I didn't even feel the impact it.
Speaker 7: No, I don't particularly remember being in pain with mine either.
Speaker 8: No, just happens and then you wake up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then on your go. In this day and age, of course, there'd be reports, you know, paperwork to fill out and all that sort of thing at a school now, but you have to.
Speaker 8: Stop the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, back then the pe teacher comes over. You're right, mate, Yeah, you'll be all right, Come on up here, get yeah, you'll be a right get up. What was your sporting injury? There's a topic as well one double three six nine three. You can also text on zero four double seven six nine three six nine three if you like. But I'd love to hear your sporting injury calls. That'd be great too. A couple of texts that have come through. Will Nathan be joining the program? No, not tonight. Nathan will be in tomorrow, so his Monday night into Tuesday morning, not Sunday into Monday. We had the choice at high school, sports or maths in the library. I opted for maths, says Maureen. Thank you, Maureen, Yes, that was sort of. I opted for school productions. Theater. Acting on stage was more my sort of thing. I would have loved to have I joined the choir and all that as well. I would have loved to have I just don't have the I don't have a great singing voice. I can hold a note, but I don't have a great singing voice. So it was never going to be my future was never going to be the next Anthony Warlow. Songs that Perk you up Live in Leavina Loca by Ricky Martin and he's touring Melbourne later this year. Thank you Doctor John. Yeah, yeah, a very upbeat, very good song. And I think that was a wasn't that a theme for the World Cup? The Soccer World Cup back in the what would it be nineties, mid nineties mid nineties? I think yeah, it was a huge, huge song. Yeah, goot on your doctor, John Marcy Jones in the early days on the Melbourne pop show Go was a cute brunette. I'm amazed I didn't remember her. Sheers from John P. Good on your John P. Thank you and thank you JC, who's always very kind keeping us up to date with breaking news in Melbourne. Is a house fire in Fitzroy North on Brooks Crescent. There's a few trucks present there and they'll be taking care of things. But if you're in Fitzroy North and you can smell smoke, that's what it is. Just stay away from Brooks Crescent if you don't mind, all right, break and then your calls. We want your calls. One double three six nine three. There's none on the board. So if you're one of those people who doesn't ring because you just know you're going to be on hold forever. And let's face it, it is cold in a large part of the country right now, then now it's a good time to ring because you'll get on nice and quick songs, that songs that get you going and pick you up. What was your sport and what was your sporting injury? We'd love you. Was I hearing too songs? Then it sounds I thought I heard two songs in my headphones. That's quite bizarre. No, that it could be my headphones playing up or I just played something on my computer accidentally as we were coming out of the ad break one double three six nine three. Anything you wish to speak about this morning, you're more than welcome to do so. Leanne is in Minneapoli.
Speaker 12: An Hi, Simon. I've got a further two injuries for resports. Yeah, I like first one about fourteen. I was about fourteen. We were practicing for hockey my teammate decides to take a full golf swing and swinger stick into my jaw and it didn't It didn't break the jaw. However, I can't yawn. Probably I get to the peak of a yawn and I can't let it out and take me about twenty yawns to get one out. Oh really, And yeah it's a hang as hell. But otherwise and my jaw was flying the other one. You know, I told you about my knee with the touch football. Yeah, Well, when I went to the hospital, the nurse doctor or nurse said to me, did you know you got an old fracture?
Speaker 9: I said no.
Speaker 12: They said, oh, it's really old, and I said no, I can't remember. And I was talking to a family relative and she said, I remember when you did that. I heard this crack and I went knees down on the ice jokingly, and I factured the tip of my kneecap and didn't know about it for thirteen years.
Speaker 7: Wow, so you were probably in pain but just didn't sort of no.
Speaker 12: No pain, no pain, okay, no pain with it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 12: Who was weird when she said, I remember you call it like purposely falling on my knees and yeah she heard a crack.
Speaker 7: So yeah, well my dad only has one kneecap. He lost one in a car accident.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, so it's is his knee buckle.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, it works fine, but yeah, there's just no knee cap on it anymore. Then that happened. That happened probably close to thirty five forty years ago, I would think too. But yeah, it was just smashed up. So they just took it all out. And I guess he didn't need a replacement or anything. Maybe we can live without him. I don't know what the story was, but yeah, he's not got a knee cap in one knee.
Speaker 12: I also dislocated my big go at taekwondo. I punched as my neighbor. She punched as I kicked, and me being left handed, I don't know. I kicked with my right leg and hit her right arm. She had a massive bruise under her arm, and I dislocated my toe.
Speaker 10: It was black and blue.
Speaker 7: You dislocated your toe on her arm?
Speaker 25: Yep, yep.
Speaker 12: We contacted and we weren't meant.
Speaker 7: To wonderful.
Speaker 10: It later?
Speaker 7: Did you have to click it back in or something? Did you?
Speaker 12: I bumped it one day and I went, ah, that hurt and it was fine after that nasty. Yeah, look these things happened, you know, Yeah, and you come off your bikes and your days, your knees and you know that's life exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good stuff, good good injuries. Thanks Lly Anne. I hope you're all okay now and that's the great injuries. Thank you. Paul's in rye, Hi, Paul Simon Owens, isn't it Yes?
Speaker 26: It is?
Speaker 17: Yes, yeah, h Simon.
Speaker 13: You've got a good show there tonight.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 27: A song that I love to hear as Beautiful Sunday by Simon O by Daniel o'donald.
Speaker 7: I think Simon o'donnald was a cricket player, wasn't.
Speaker 22: He he was?
Speaker 14: He was?
Speaker 27: Yes, No, it's it's Daniel o'donald's and Irish, lovely Irish gospel.
Speaker 7: Yes, I've had the pleasure of meeting Daniel o'donald. A lovely, lovely, lovely man. He was so he on three a w many years ago. When Keith McGowan was doing he used to play a lot of Daniel o'donald's material, right, and so when he do it, he came in to be interviewed by Keith, so I had the pleasure of crossing paths with him in the corridor. But yeah, lovely, lovely guy and a great singer too, isn't he.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, yes, yes, I'm.
Speaker 7: Just looking out to Jane now to see. So what what was the song you liked? So Daniel o'donald singing Beautiful Sunday, Beautiful Sunday.
Speaker 13: It's on a DVD that I've got.
Speaker 22: He plays a lot.
Speaker 27: It's a it's a rock and roll show and he does lots of songs on the show. It's on a DVD.
Speaker 17: You might be able to get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, Jay's having a look now to see if he can get up there. Hopefully it'll be on YouTube or yeah, one of those sorts of formats. But yeah, lovely guy. Oh here we got he's got it first there. I haven't listened to this. Paul, Thanks, Army, Thanks.
Speaker 21: Thanks Sunday morning up with the love. I think I'll take go walk in the park.
Speaker 28: Hey, hey, it's beautiful. I've got someone waiting for me. When I see her, I.
Speaker 21: Know that you say, Hey, hey, hey ship, beautiful beautiful sun. This is my my, my beautiful game.
Speaker 1: When said that you love.
Speaker 21: Who made It's a beautiful.
Speaker 7: To Daniel o'donald. I haven't heard Daniel o'donald for years. He was a staple in the Keith McGowan era, up right up there with Andre Rieu and who else did Keith used to play? I used to buy a wonderful comedian, nol Viginity. Nol Viginity was a very funny comic. Never used a bad word in his life, never told about a foul joke or an off color joke. It was all just good, gentle, lovely Irish humor with you told beautifully, very clever comedian. He was Arthur's in Westwoods, Gray Good Arthur.
Speaker 24: Good morning, Simon and Jay. It's a good song, beautiful Sunday. It was my month's favorite song. But she liked the version that Daniel Boone did if you remember as.
Speaker 7: Well, which was probably the hit, was it? Yeah?
Speaker 24: Yeah, it was a really good song.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 24: I played a bit of soccer in school, but I didn't really get injuries. Timmy Kare, I won't mention that I've spoken about it too much, but the song gives me a lift. Too many to go on, but I love sky Ilk's Mercedes Ladies Living in the Summis and Dave Dobbins Slice of Heaven.
Speaker 7: Oh great song, Dave Dobbin Slice of Heaven.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 24: Pick that one. It's too many to go on, as you know, but I got great memories for me that song. That's why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what are the memories.
Speaker 24: I was playing? Everyone was happier then.
Speaker 18: There was no COVID.
Speaker 24: Everyone was just happy and meet greet and people just partying. The more pleasant what's going on today is it wasn't going on then, and everyone was just much friendlier.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's fair enough. Dave Dobbin was sort of in Australia was almost like a one hit wonder. He did have a second song that was also know that also charted, which was You Ought to Be in Love from the soundtrack of of foot Rock Flats the movie. But he's primarily remembered here in Australia by that, but in New Zealand, where he's from, he's had hit after hit after hit. He's been huge for years in New Zealand.
Speaker 24: Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. It was the one h'd wonder, like most of the split ends from New Zealand, like the Finns.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the finn brothers. Yeah, yeah, they've had a lot of success on both sides of the ditch.
Speaker 24: Yeah, So I picked that big because it was just a one off, virtually like and pleasant memories during the time. So well, I hear it, but there's timidated to go on, as you know. But yeah's something I haven't heard for a while, so I picked that one.
Speaker 7: Well, we'll get Jay to dig it out. So Slice of Heaven by Dave Dobbin, there's there's a short version and a long version. I love the longer version because it starts off with the dar Dar Dars. It was Dave Dobbin and herbs Herbs, that's it, Yes, but that Daddy really sort of gave it a real boost.
Speaker 24: I thought, yeah, absolutely right. I've got the short version and the longer version on the records in my collections. By the way, it's good to hear you talk to Gavin against Hello Gavin, and condolences to Master Jones and the family and everything. Was great to hear Gavin on Preyer W again.
Speaker 7: Yeah he's a champion Gavin. He's a great bloke and a great broadcaster and yeah, love him dearly. He is a fabulous guy.
Speaker 24: Do you think you'll get him on your program again sometime or.
Speaker 7: Look, I would love to. There's complications is probably the easiest way to put it, not on Gavin's part, but just in just off air, behind the scenes stuff that that that doesn't quite work out. I'm sort of being cryptic, but I'm generally very open about everything. But you know, there's discussions I have with management sometimes don't sort of shouldn't be so I do have to respect management sometimes not probably more often than I do.
Speaker 24: There's a great woke like yourself, and keep up a good work and I'll keep wisting.
Speaker 16: Good.
Speaker 7: Thanks for that. Can we have we got a bit of Dave Dobbin slice of Heaven? That'd be great to hear a bit of that before we break and get back to your calls. Here we go.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got a lot of face and I'll stay with you kid, that's a bottom line.
Speaker 1: Hey, I have a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: Don't go. Who isn't with you is a fall of the time.
Speaker 1: Hey, you do the win?
Speaker 3: The moon gets you down your bottoms, you dragging on the ground.
Speaker 1: That's why I gotta play the clown for black You look.
Speaker 29: Hey, you kick your.
Speaker 14: Cow?
Speaker 3: When did you hide your ways? Rise and caesar the size of.
Speaker 1: Bottom line?
Speaker 30: Rise and caesar the size of heauch.
Speaker 7: A good song. Let's pay the whole thing. Why the hell haven't heard this for years? You'll get back to your calls after the next break.
Speaker 31: Hey, I got a lot.
Speaker 3: Of fads and I'll stick with you, kidness the bottom line.
Speaker 1: There, we have a lot of fun.
Speaker 28: Don't away heaven you all the time?
Speaker 1: Hey, beauty, didn't you tell your bottomness? Tagging on the ground saying I gotta play the clown for.
Speaker 15: Me?
Speaker 30: Little by kicks downy changer.
Speaker 1: Man in you hide?
Speaker 15: Don't wings.
Speaker 1: Shine?
Speaker 30: So rise and choosers slice of heathers walking, Rise and choose a slice.
Speaker 1: Of heaven out side, Rise and choose a slice of heather walk or rise and choose a slice.
Speaker 21: Of heather.
Speaker 30: Bowning when they do ways.
Speaker 1: Shine o mine, rise.
Speaker 3: And Chiza slice of caber.
Speaker 30: Bog my rise and cheza stoic of caber.
Speaker 1: Burnt, signs of.
Speaker 30: Rise and Cheza Stasi caber Bog Rise, Chisa, sis of.
Speaker 1: B signs of the rise and Chiza saz of caper balking line, Rise and Choosa Stasy burn up signs.
Speaker 7: Back to your calls now one double three six nine three is the number. If you want to give us a call, you can text zero four double seven six nine three six nine three as well if you're a little on the shy side. I don't play a lot in terms of music. I never usually play a full song, so I hope you'll excuse the indulgence. But it's just such a good song. I thought we'd play one. And it's in Ballarat, high in it.
Speaker 32: Oh, you're both doing very We're good.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 33: It's good, not too bad? Before I start rot to say hello, Tony, hope you're feeling blue. And he has not the fluence you saw missing.
Speaker 20: That's a little putting Tony because.
Speaker 33: It gets better. My husband and our love country music, and me because I usually got a lot of concert ape and we saw Johnny cash in it takes him off and you played air wedding songs. We got married to walk the line. Were going to dedicate that to you because I've said I do go on to you anytime. And then he passed Awa eighteen months ago. And another savor there is a of Gary's on his own with a boy named.
Speaker 20: Suit yes, I'll go to a quart of concerts up. Yeah, and I write poetry. I don't know if Jase told you, but I'll write poetry for hobby and.
Speaker 12: Give them that to people.
Speaker 33: And it makes me feel happy because I go to concerts. You to perform with the car.
Speaker 7: So you did you perform your poetry? Do you get up in front of people are doing it?
Speaker 33: I had done in Foods Grade when I lived in foot Grade, when many years ago, because in Melbourne I used to go to the foot Grade Community Arts and it was so often they have what did they call a poetry night and I'd go down and then I got to read three of my poems and they all they were great. I got to make to make sure poets themselves. And I ran a postually in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: You run.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 33: I read my very own a proach and I was.
Speaker 32: In the paper.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, how cool?
Speaker 33: You know, great paper felt really good. Not fort to do one up for a year, but yeah, well we I am. I've been on interested side. Okay, yeah, well kicking palms from myself though.
Speaker 7: No that's fair, sorry, Hobby, I just turned off my mic to cough. Apologies for that.
Speaker 33: So yeah, that's my favorite hobby mate. Yeah, I've wrote in parties for people and going up to concerts up. I've got one on the six cents Forever eighties. Yeah, and we've got coins the medic saying before and they're awesome.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Is that the guy?
Speaker 7: The guy actually is almost like the spitting image of Freddy Mercury. Is that that band?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're pretty good, aren't they?
Speaker 33: Because my care and I sit in the stage so close so it could almost walk on it, and when he plays the piano, he's back to us. But yeah, shul head it on a slide because while care and also closest, it's a good almost you know, there's no steps for anything we will because it's all flat. But now they look after me there in the Performing Arts Center. But no, I love your shown. I love j I think he's cool. Yeah my poem that was off my head, straight off my head?
Speaker 20: How quick could he do?
Speaker 7: Yeah? You're very good, very quick.
Speaker 20: So I hope he lost it. He'll probably say, oh, well, I.
Speaker 7: Think because he's a little off color. He's probably having a snooze now, probably catching up on some well earned rest because he does he works hard, long hours every week, so and rarely ever takes time off, so he must have hit him hard enough to make him take time off. So hopefully he's recovering.
Speaker 33: Well, you lock a man possessed that he works only he works really hard and you guys work out, Jaye.
Speaker 20: That's a good joint.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 20: It always makes him feel like I'm he goes? Is it just please?
Speaker 33: Jametry? And anyway with the pajas of your look.
Speaker 20: Or none all you go for years? So you know, just said sixty four in my like the nine was sixty four?
Speaker 7: No happy birthday? Yeah, that's sixty four is not old? Sixty fours than you twenty one?
Speaker 33: Got Anne who's eighty something you all known as is known in sixty seven?
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh that's lovely.
Speaker 21: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 33: He gave me sent me chart from England on the fatness his happy Birthday's poo chicken and yim and it's got a little picture of a kitten on it. Oh beautiful an ages forty.
Speaker 20: So that's special.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, that's lovely. All right now I better keep moving in it, but lovely to chat to you and thank you for the call, and thank you for the for Tony's well wishes as well. He would definitely appreciate that. Thank you. Adrian's in Adelaide. Hey, Adrian, were you there? Adrian?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 7: Oh sorry, No, We've got you now. How are you sorry?
Speaker 5: Bet Simon? I was just wringing up about Marcy Jones and especially her seventies records that she actually I remember from the seventies because I was I was born in the sixties, so I missed the Marcy Jones and the Cookies period, but I remember her seventies records.
Speaker 7: Right, have you have you got a favorite.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get married or or I'm an extremely dangerous the siren at the police on the beginning of that record. Okay, but also she also covered I Only Have Eyes for You, so cover that.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Did you ever get to see her live in concert?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 5: No, brought her music on the rad the music want to be here in Adelaide.
Speaker 7: So we're sad. You would have been sad to hear of her passing then if you were a fan like that.
Speaker 5: Well, was really a fan as such, but I just remember I remember, Okay, Yeah, but yes, it is he's heavy that she's passed away a.
Speaker 7: Lot that year. No, everyone has to go eventually, but it's still it's still sad when someone's been around part of your life in that way. And you know, every every time we lose someone, we feel a little older.
Speaker 5: I think, hm hmm, yeah, well I just sort of let you know those those other records do remember.
Speaker 7: Yeah on you. Thanks for the call, Adrian, No worries toxing cheers. Jim's in westwoodscat Hey Jim.
Speaker 18: Hi Simon ja. Yeah. About sports, A few quick things about sports. When I'll the Thubenham Primary School in Braybrook, when Doug Hawkins was in grade sixth with me, I didn't mind playing football. We had a gigantic yard with football goalposts on each end and we also had a cricket pitch. I didn't mind playing football, but one time the teacher said you'll have to play cricket. And when I was there out there, I said, I hate cricket with a passion. I said, I can't stand cricket. I'm not playing. The teacher said to me. The teacher said to me, if you don't play, the milder punishment from the strap was picking up all the paper from the school yard. So I said, okay, I'll play anyway. I'll tell him I'm no good cricket. I can't stand it. I ended up hitting four sixes and catching three people out, and then at the end I was going to have more punishment. They told me I was nominated to clean all the dust off the cricket pitch, and I said, no, I'm not doing it, and he told me about I'll do paperwork again. So I'm furious going up to the broom to pick up the broom. Not a straw broom, one of those other long breast brooms. I stood on it accident. I stood on it and the broom came and the stick, the stick part of it knocked out one of my bottom tooth, and I was bleeding. And I've got out of paperwork. The other couple of quick things. When I told you about my elderly neighbor before, he told me that I won't mention his name, but you'll probably know him if I did mention his name. He told me he met you on a few occasions. He came to your bank. I forgot where your bank was, and he said he met you on a few occasions, and you're a very good man and a true gentleman to speak to and everything. But were I know that anyway from all the several years, if you've been none of the announcers I've been speaking to, but I said, I won't mention his name because that's in case his family or he's listening.
Speaker 22: Yes, fair enough sold you, you'd probably know who he is.
Speaker 18: And the last thing music that gets you up, I got lopsop and get me up at two of my favorite Stevie Right TeV and the B fifty two's rock Lobster, because that said us into the first day I taped it. It really made me wap the way they start singing and the way the girls make the noises and dance and all the things they say and being an up the upbeat a song or both of them. Stevie Right TV and Rock Lobster. Thank you, Simon, Thank you, Jake.
Speaker 7: No worries, no the good, good calls, good suggestions, Jim, thank you for that. The B fifty twos, I love the voices of the girls. I can never remember their names, but the two girls in the B fifty twos were fantastic, and one of them saying with is the song Shiny Happy People with Rim, which is a great song as well. I just adore her voice there's something very special about it. Appreciate the call, Jim, we'll break come back with more of your calls. Alan, Christine, hang on, We've got songs that get you going and pick you up. What was your sport and what was your sporting injury? But you can call about anything you like. One double three six nine three, and we're back one double three six nine three. Keep those calls coming, like Alan has from Coolaroo.
Speaker 20: Hello, Allan, hey going.
Speaker 7: I'm wonderful. I have not heard from you in about a year, I reckon, So it's great to hear your voice.
Speaker 20: Things just happened, but not to worry. Probably like you, once you have children, dinks into either administration and coaching or both.
Speaker 7: Oh now the phone line is breaking up. I didn't quite catch that. Try again, I have.
Speaker 20: Oh four children.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I haven't spoken to Ellen and I reckon well over a year. I can hear his voice, and I can't make out what he's saying. Are able to bash the phone against the wall and try again one last time?
Speaker 20: I said, I wasn't in the sport. But once you give into administration or coaching when you have children.
Speaker 7: Yes, now we've got you loud and clear, now, and yes, that happens, doesn't it Once the kids are there, you get dragged into it one way or another.
Speaker 20: Most definitely yes.
Speaker 7: Now, how have you been Allen in the twelve months or so since I've spoken to you?
Speaker 20: Well, I really didn't want to make it a better me but was he been in hospital for a lot times and I ended up losing my other leg and my left arm.
Speaker 7: Okay, wow, that's been quite quite a time for you. The only reason I do pray and ask Allan is well, I've missed your calls, but we've had a lot of callers over time as well asking why they hadn't heard from you. So I just know that there will be a lot of people who are very happy to hear you. You're back on the line with us.
Speaker 20: I am moving around to here and there, etc. And what medication they have me on like the start of this year in a new residence and different medicain. But I have been listening though.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm glad you've still been listening. That's that's marvelous. So is this the first Is this the first call you've made since you've been able to come back to us, or have I just missed other ones.
Speaker 20: No, this is the first call.
Speaker 7: Well, I can't tell you how happy you've made me Allan hearing your voice, because you go back with well with three aw in particular for many years now, and I reckon it's probably fifteen years ago that I first spoke to you, and so after such a long absence, it's great to have you back. And there'll be a lot of people clapping their hands with joy.
Speaker 20: Okay, most definitely, there you go onank you very much for.
Speaker 7: Taking my call and always a pleasure. Alan. In fact, the text has just come through from Claire. So happy to hear Allan. Best wishes, says Claire. That's lovely. There you go.
Speaker 20: Thanks, Well, we look forward to me very much.
Speaker 7: We look forward to many more calls from you, Allan, and thank you for checking in. It's just marvelous to hear you. That has given me a real lift. We'll take another weak. We've got to get our last breakout of the way before news, and I don't want to sandwich anyone else up. So Christine and Trevor, if you'll hang on, we'll get to you on the other side of the news, which is coming up in five. I often talk about the fact that this program in particular, but also including Dennis Walter with Knights Once the Sun goes down until the Sun comes up three A W and the same for five double A and six PR when they join us. It's a family. It's just a lovely sort of family. And in that family there's you know, there's the crazy uncle you can't stand, and there's the alcoholic aren't and there's that cousin who you never really got along with, but there's also a lot of love. And so I just can't tell you how happy it's made me to hear Alan after such a long time. And I'm not alone. Thank you, Lily of Beerrick so happy to hear from Alan. He made my day. Rod has also texted through all struck. There's a heap on high Simon. It was so lovely to hear from Allan again. Cheers Rod. So great to hear from Alan, sending him big hugs. Agent four zero six greetings to Allan. So great to hear him back. From Marion the So there's four texts that have immediately come through, just saying how great it is to hear Ellen again. More of your calls keep on coming. On the other side of the news.
Speaker 4: Now this is a straight your Urban eyed with Simon Owens.
Speaker 7: Yes you've heard that correctly. Tony McManus is off for another day. That little head cold that he had last week has turned out to be a bit of a stayer, so you've got me this morning. Jay is here as well. Hello to you at six PR. Good to have you on board this morning. Good to be here taking your calls on one double three six nine three or one double three eight eighty two, and you can also text zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. We've got a couple of calls hanging on, but there are plenty of lines free if you do want to be a part of the program. And what have we spoken about this morning, sport? We've spoken about your sporting injury. What was the sporting injury you had? Because both Jay and I have been knocked out in our sporting endeavors, we're proud of how tough we are, even though neither of us. They're both quite lame stories, aren't they. They don't make us look like good, good tough sports people.
Speaker 8: That's true. There's no dangling legs or dangling arm that just held on between a nerve or anything like that.
Speaker 7: Yes, we weren't knocked out, defending the honor of a fair maid and nothing like that. Songs that get you going and pick you up as well. We're taking your calls on that as well. So it's it's been a good morning so far. And for six PR listeners. Also, you may or may not have heard the news of the passing of Marci Jones. We spoke to Gavin Wood earlier this this morning with the earlier on in the program this morning, and he reminisced about his good friend Marcy Jones. Marcy passed away on Saturday night, and I had the pleasure of interviewing with Andrew McLaren on three a W on a program we do on three abody called Remember When, only three months ago. So a little later on this morning, we will replay that interview if we get time to do so. But it is all about your calls at the moment, So let's get straight back into some Trevor is in and Andy Nong Hi, Trevor, you.
Speaker 15: Know Simon, how you doing?
Speaker 13: Shutouse, mate, that's no good.
Speaker 32: I've got that rhino.
Speaker 7: Cyrus running nose and all of that stuff. I was if I walk wait, cracky that's a big one.
Speaker 32: Striking, striking the simber. Yeah, yeah, I crushed the car and then I want in the hallway, Princess hallway homework poles with the car and they are try.
Speaker 7: So so you strike that whilst you were driving the car. Yep, bloody hell. You're lucky to be alive.
Speaker 32: Yeah, I am, because when you're gonna just just the end, when I think I check me out, I said, we want to dunk you at the hospital. But now I'm all right, let's say my car I'm walking around.
Speaker 7: Wow. Gee, that's that was very lucky, Treva.
Speaker 32: Just just sit now, I'm all right.
Speaker 7: But did they They ended up taking you in of course.
Speaker 32: Yeah, tell me your shining tell me s again.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm you're still there, Trevor. No, I think the lines dropped out, but wow, what a story. Paul Trevor had a stroke whilst driving a car, crossed the lane of a freeway and smacked into a tree eighty k an hour, flipping. Heck, that's very lucky to be alive. But now rhinovirus in another couple of days in hospital, Poor bugger Trevor. The line dropped out, but thank you for the call. Wow, what a story. Christine's in South Australia. Hi Christine, Hi, siled.
Speaker 34: Do you know Jeff Sunderland?
Speaker 7: Jeff Sutherland Sunderland, Oh, Sunderland. Not off the top of my head. But I'm not very good with names. I must admit. Where would I know Jeff from?
Speaker 34: He was a famous radio person like you. He worked four five DN and then he went somewhere else and then he went to murray Bridge along the way home he had Oh no he didn't. He die in his chair at work. He would have killed everybody. Yeah, I was just doing his next day program and collapsed and he died of a heart attacks. Appeal was on the freeway. He would have taken everybody with him.
Speaker 7: Yeah lucky, well, lucky for everyone else. I guess that it was you. He was in his chair at work, but wow, that's for him when it happened. So when was when was that, Christine? What year was that?
Speaker 34: Eight years ago? I had a stroke as well, So I have no concept of anything. Things jump into my head and then they get lost again. So my accidents were what at school? Playing that ball and somebody rammed into me and she was knocked out cold. So I don't know if she died or not, because I never heard anymore. And at work, I was shutting down the machines and claim claik claigon. I thought I could hear my name, and I looked up, and I looked down, and I looked left right, and then I turned around and the guy slammed into me and knocked him out cold.
Speaker 25: Wow, fourthoul.
Speaker 34: Someone said that that dog hit you, and I just first out laughing, and someone said you should have helped him up. All that right, I should have helped him up.
Speaker 22: But it's just what they.
Speaker 34: Said that I hit him.
Speaker 7: So twice twice, Christine. People are running to you and they've been the ones knocked out.
Speaker 15: Ye.
Speaker 34: I haven't hurt anybody but myself.
Speaker 7: You're pretty tough there.
Speaker 13: Do you hear from Billy Billy of Inverlope?
Speaker 34: I don't know. He used to think, he used to sing, he used to ring the person on your duty?
Speaker 7: Yes, it used to yes, I look, I'm only filling in. So I've known Billy for many years, but having spoken to him recently, no right to.
Speaker 34: I hope he's all right because I thought he was my face anyway. I used to just keep an ear on how he.
Speaker 7: Was going, Yes, he's a big Richmond fan.
Speaker 34: I'll be Buxton.
Speaker 15: So that was.
Speaker 34: Richmond.
Speaker 7: Jee slow to know, don't I fine, what.
Speaker 34: Did you see that glacier? Do you watch the news?
Speaker 7: I don't, which is a terribly embarrassing thing to admit when you're doing a show on six PR five double A and three A W. But I don't watch the news that often.
Speaker 34: Oh I watched the years thirty hours a day. And there's a place called Bedden. Yeah, And there was a glacier or a huge mountain, and you know how there is a snow ever large m this one was a rock and the whole glacier disappeared and buried Beddan. And I don't know what country that's in. I've forgotten.
Speaker 7: Wow, that sounds pretty severe that I.
Speaker 34: Saw helicopters taking the cows by helicopter off all pinks cart fly but cows can just thought that was funny. But they got the people out three days before.
Speaker 7: Oh that's all right, that's good.
Speaker 34: Oh hell, they knew and just went and got the live stock that was not in their right place. There's only one person missing out of the whole village. Wow, hopefully he's safe. Somewhere that you know, there was nowhere to go. The whole the whole mountain just crushed into like a iceberg.
Speaker 7: Ever an avalanche, it would have just come straight down, and they would have They've got like seismic things that would have probably detected some weakening, some rumbling as stuff started to break away, So they must have then realized that and then really thought this is dangerous and got you went out. What a story.
Speaker 34: Wow, five mountains and the middle one just disappears. It just crumbled down and covered bed and it was just incredible to watch. If you didn't see it, you wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 7: And these days and the thing is, you see that online and you think, oh, is that real? Or is that is it AI? Because there's a lot of AI videos going around now.
Speaker 34: It's on the news.
Speaker 7: So it was, oh, yeah, I'm not not not doubting it. I was just saying, if you didn't know the story and you saw it, you had one day.
Speaker 34: Yeah, did you watch the movie Charlie and bit.
Speaker 7: No, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 34: It's very clever.
Speaker 7: Was that with Michael Caton or was it Paul Was that the one with Paul Hogan and Shane Jacobs.
Speaker 34: Yeah that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 34: Have you seen Backyard Cricket? No, that's with what the people out of over the way Shane somebody. Maybe it's maybe you have a movie. What was the he's a nurse?
Speaker 22: What was his name?
Speaker 34: The nurse Choe died?
Speaker 7: No, I'm not, I'm Backyard Ashes was a movie in twenty thirteen and directed by Mark Grentel, written by Peter Cox. Just back on the Wikipedia link there, Jay, and we'll see what else says who was in it and stuff? Cast andrew S, Gilbert Has, Dougie, Felix Williams and as Edward Lord's John Wood was in it. We all know John Wood. Yes, yeah, no, I haven't seen that, but just a poster of it looks good.
Speaker 34: And merger.
Speaker 14: No, I don't can merger.
Speaker 7: I don't get to see a lot of movies. I must admit.
Speaker 34: Well, it's all in the same format of family and just the interaction with everybody. Yeah, and it was very clever, it was. It's made in Woga Wogga nineteen nineteen. Different nationalities playing sports and the interactions of everybody that are kind and gentle and dangerous.
Speaker 7: And yeah, a Penny calls in it.
Speaker 34: Yeah, yeah, John Woods.
Speaker 7: Yeah, John Howard was in it too.
Speaker 34: That's John Howard.
Speaker 22: Get little bixed up.
Speaker 7: A couple of John's. Yes, there you go.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: And you know that's the sad thing about Australian movies is they don't really have the budgets to promote them, so I didn't even know that those even existed. But I do love watching an Australian movie.
Speaker 34: Fox Foxtel's got a whole station now just of Australian movie they play, and it's about fifty I've watched and A very tender, very violent, and ten A very dangerous, and the others are more gentle light BMX kids and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: No, well, good on them for doing that. Now, Christine, I must move on because we've got to get a break out of the way, and we've got other calls I've got to get to. But lovely to chat to you and thanks for your stories. Two people run into Christine and they got knocked out. Oh that's tough, if you ask me, A tough one in Christine, lovely call thank you back in a sec. It's twenty two after midnight in Perth, twenty two after two in Victoria, in Melbourne and in Adelaide. It is eight minutes to two and we're taking your calls one double three six nine three or one double three eighty two. Pam is in Barrick, Hello.
Speaker 31: Pam Ah, Hello Simon. It's great to have you on overnight.
Speaker 7: I do love filling in. I get the best of both worlds. I get all the fun of hosting a show and having a chat to people without any of the responsibility.
Speaker 31: Well, that's true. You don't have to produce. Well, you don't have to think up too many things, do you, because a lot of people overnight they just want to just chat about their problems etc.
Speaker 7: Well, always coming armed with stuff. So I've got one two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight nine topics of which we've used too. So I always over prepare just in case there is no under chat doo.
Speaker 31: Yeah, but that's a good idea. That's very good idea. I think, always been well prepared. What was it the Scouts? What was their scouts and the Scouts motto.
Speaker 21: Prepared?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 31: I'm trying to think about Billy now. Billy was the one who was very close to his mum, wasn't he?
Speaker 7: Yes, Yes, he was Yes, Yes.
Speaker 31: That's right. I was trying to remember, Well, there's a lot of people who've got problems, but I am just so lucky, Simon. The only thing I've got is rotten arthras. But really I'm pretty fit. And did you realize that I'd celebrated my ninetieth last month? Nineties well, April my ninetieth. Yes, I've had a big Yeah, I had a big party here at the village. My grandchildren and my daughter put it on. I had about sixty or seventy people, and we raised and getting ump for five hundred dollars for the Leukemia Lymphoma Association. So that was really really good. Yes, because it's been eight year since Michael died. And and I just heard now, oh what was her name? The one that was in oh well known Subanski was it? Yeah, she's just been diagnosed with the same the same lymphomas. It's very very rare that Michael had. But I think there's been lots of advances in these eight years, and hopefully she'll get through it.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, hope. So, yes, mag that's great. I've been a fan of hers for years.
Speaker 31: So you've been in some good shows hasn't.
Speaker 7: She Yes, great sense of humor, that's right.
Speaker 31: So what's happening with you, Simon? Are you still on your own?
Speaker 20: Are you?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 31: Yes, Yeah, I just wondered. It's been a long term since you, you know, early left home, hasn't it.
Speaker 7: Well, it's been. Yes, two years ago. My wife and I separated. It was April two years ago that I moved out. But I'm very happy to report we have a much better and happier relationship now that we're not together than I think we did toward the end of our marriage. So it's been a bit of a blessing for both of us. I'm not looking for another relationship, so I've got I've got some wonderful female friends, but I'm not I'm not looking. I'm not I'm not looking for, you know, the next wife.
Speaker 31: As it is, I think it's very very sensible. I only had the one marriage, and I must admits it was quite mentally abusive whatever. But after we separated, you know, it seemed to we sort of got together for all the kids' birthdays and that, and and you know, and you used to say things that I was amazed that he'd say about me that you never said when I was married to him, and it was really quite nice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a similar similar thing in that once once the pressure of the marriage isn't there, you know, Well, I look at my wife now and I see all the things that I fell in love with because there's there's just no pressure there, and I realized just what a wonderful person she is. So I'm very lucky to have just still have her as a really, really good friend.
Speaker 31: Well that's great. And how the grandchildren go.
Speaker 7: They're gorgeous. They're just gorgeous.
Speaker 31: How old now I think they were? Last time I spoke they were wipes Tami. School was still so.
Speaker 7: The birthdays, Oh no, no, they're not not even into school yet. Their birthdays are in October and November. Archie will be turning four and Xavier will be turning two.
Speaker 31: Oh well, that's right, because that's right. They're the same similar age to my great grandchildren. I've got to four three And now since, yes, since I last spoke to you, I've got a Chase one who's now well actually is about eighteen months old. Now, yeah, so, gee, was the years just go? When you were saying about well, I think about it, do you think you could play for me. You were asking about songs to be played the Last Farewell. I remember this when I was doing my nursing training, I think in the seventies. That was after I left a marriage, and I can remember studying and I had this song, The Last Farewell.
Speaker 7: By Roger Whittaker. I think it was right.
Speaker 31: It's only been dead a short while, hasn't he.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think it was within the last couple of years that he passed.
Speaker 31: I think, yeah, yeah, I think so. Anyway, I won't hug the line, but good to talk to you, Simon.
Speaker 7: Lovely to chat to you, Pam, And I would never ask a lady her age, but I had no idea that you were ninety. Wow, I would have placed you in your sixties. So the here go. That's Pama, Eric. We will see if we can dig out the Last Farewell. And you've got already Jay, all right, let's we won't play it all because we've got calls waiting, but let's have a bit of a burst of it. It is a great song. I always figured Dennis Walter should sing this, very much his style. If you've close your eyes listen, it could beating us.
Speaker 35: There's a ship lies riggedly reading in the hearble tomorrow for England, she said, far away.
Speaker 29: From your land of endless sunshine, to my land full of rainy skies and games. And I shall be aboard that ship tomorrow, though my heart is full of tears and despair. Wall Fall are beutiful, and I have loved you deally, more daily than the spoken world can turns. All are beautiful, and I have loved you deal.
Speaker 7: More dearly than the spoken word. Contains a bit of Roger Whittaker, but I'm pretty sure is Dennis Walter's twin brother, and it's a beautiful song. I've always loved that song. First heard it when I was in primary school and always loved it since then. Maggie's in Adelaide.
Speaker 15: Hi, Maggie, Hi, I sorry on my other phone. You sat down.
Speaker 7: Sounds like you're a bit of a distance from your phone.
Speaker 24: Yeah, oh, well which one this one?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 7: Yeah? That sounds a bit better.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 36: Yeah, I'm just taking the recharge of Yeah, I was trying to take through.
Speaker 11: On my other phone.
Speaker 36: Yeah yeah, oh, please play it all the last for world.
Speaker 24: Roger.
Speaker 7: Look, I whilst I love music and I would love nothing more than to do a request show on a station like this. But but we've being a talk network, playing playing music is It's something we do for a little bit of fun occasionally. But if we play too many songs, people start complaining. So yeah, I just play snippets occasionally.
Speaker 36: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that. Now, God, where do I start, because I'm so tired.
Speaker 25: You have to forgive me?
Speaker 36: Now are cops too? There's just release myself going on for months now, and others with coughs and all that. Some way could get that to the weather, et cetera. But moving on from that other and I could talk about other issues that have already been discussed. Major concerns. Really the rum that's gone sort of quiet, I guess in one sense, the global rumblings. You know, let me say, in no particular order or reason, but that must be Trump and they're they're parting of ways. But how convenient I think, you know, well, perhaps the deal's been done, they achieved or whatever behind the scenes.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm not.
Speaker 36: Into conspiracy theories, but I am somewhat concerned.
Speaker 7: I pay them absolutely no attention whatsoever. I think the pair of the mcclown's and so I just I have no. I see their name come up in a newspaper article or a headline on an ad for the news or something, and I just glaze over and look in a different direction, I must admit.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 7: I know people get very worked up about Donald Trump and Elon Musk either being in favor or against, but it's everyone seems to have an opinion way or the other. In the extreme. You either love an ad all them, or you hate them and can't stand them and think that they're corrupt and evil. But for me, I just glaze over. I couldn't care less about the two of them.
Speaker 36: Okay, okay, we could continue on, but let me bring up another topic and yesterday's adise await to the lever. No, I don't know whether you have heard of this health warning as miracle drugs leave views as in hospital with hepatitis.
Speaker 11: Oh have you heard of that one?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 7: So what was the story?
Speaker 15: What was well?
Speaker 36: I'll read the first paragraph. Dozens of a zempiica manjar I not my pronunciation might be incorrect, but a zempeg Munjara and Baker Baco V users are reporting a drug induced hepatitis, prompting medical experts to call for regular check cups to avert permanent liver damage. And it goes on and then it did later on say the active ingredient semglutide.
Speaker 7: Well that's that's intriguing, Thank you, Maggie. I've got to move on to a break in a sec. But I'm intrigued by that because I thought that hippatitis was a excuse me, viral transmission.
Speaker 32: We've all got cough.
Speaker 7: Oh no, well I had a little head cold a week or so ago, so I've just got the last traces of the cough going. But I thought hepatitis was a viral infection. So I don't see how a drug could lead to a viral infection. But there must be just something I'm missing there. But thank you for the call, Maggie. Lovely to hear your voice as always, Simon, Leo, Vernon, Bob with you after this, taking your calls and loving it. One double three six nine three or one double three eight eighty two anything you want to chat about you more than welcome to quick. There's text messages I haven't got to. I should read them out before the people who sent them go to sleep, thinking I don't care. Sam's in Hastings when I was working at a second hand car yard in twenty seventeen. I was working on a car till I heard a crack. That night, I wake up in extreme pain. My shoulder ball joint popped from the socket. I had surgery to fix it in twenty nineteen. Ouch sounds nasty. Thank you, Sam Hi. If anyone is interested. This is from JC. If anyone is interested. The International Space Station will be passing over Melbourne at exactly six point fifteen am Melbourne time. You will clearly see it moving across the sky. If you look up from the southwest toward the northeast, it will look like a very bright star, but moving. Thank you, JC. Six point fifteen southwest toward the northeast. If you're in Melbourne at six fifteen Melbourne time, thank you for that. And Maggie here we just spoke to before sports injuries. Maggie had housemaid's knee, possibly from girls seven a side basketball or years of callisthenics, So thank you for those texts. And Craig and South Melbourne not so well known, but the last farewell, which we played at smid Job earlier by Roger Whiniker, was covered by Elvis Presley. No, I didn't know that Elvis had done that. Elvis did a lot of stuff that I'd never heard. Oddly enough, Leo's in Adelaide, High Leo.
Speaker 15: Time, and I'm working too, Yes it is. Yeah, here you go, silent.
Speaker 7: I'm good, Thank you yourself.
Speaker 15: You're not too bad time. I just want to find out if you can help me. There used to be so on TV.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 15: It was on once a week, and the boy who did the show or the act he named Devin mcgavon.
Speaker 7: Gavin mcgavern.
Speaker 15: Yeah you ever heard of him?
Speaker 7: No, but what a great name. His parents didn't have much imagination, did they?
Speaker 15: No time he had shovel. It was on once a week. It's more like a spooky movie. I think it was called a Stalker. I'm not too sure.
Speaker 7: I'm just checking it out. Hang on, Gavin McGavin, Yeah, no, that's right. Happy, happy to help and look it up. Well, we might get a text or two with people who have knowledge. But I've just here.
Speaker 15: I've got to see that. I don't know if I'm right, but I think it might be the Stalker, but I'm not too sure.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, so hang ony, Okay, so I found two people. Did you so, did you say Gavin mcgavern or did you say Darren mcgavern.
Speaker 15: I don't know. I'm not too surete Navin.
Speaker 7: Okay, because okay, because there's a Gavin McGavin who was a professional wrestler, but he was in Australian wrestling promotions. So that's Gavin mcgavern. But there was a Darren McGavin who was an actor. Let's see what Yeah, here we go, so this will be who you're after. Darren mcgavern was an American actor. He began his career working as a set painter for Columbia Pictures. Yeah, you got roles in Broadway productions of My Three Angels and rain Maker. Let's see what shows he did? Oh, Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer. Oh, here we go, The Nightstalker nineteen seventy two, that's what your n night Talker, The night Stalker with Darren McGavin.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so, hey you spill the night Stalker. Hey there you spill up?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Well the t H G then not done? Okay, Yeah so the t A yeah, t H yeah, okay, I'm on starting it.
Speaker 15: T H e yeh Hey.
Speaker 7: No, no, t like the T T tree yeah, T for tree, h yeah, helicopter h h right yeah yeah yeah, so T for Tom, H for Henry, E for elephant. That's the first word. Yep.
Speaker 15: What's the next one?
Speaker 7: Yep? Now the next word is night, which is infinitely.
Speaker 15: That I can do that night.
Speaker 22: Okay, yeah, the night stalker, the night stalker.
Speaker 7: That's the one. Yes, that's the one. The night stalker.
Speaker 15: Killed? Is it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 7: No, that was the at the very start. So yeah, that's so stalker. You want me to spell stalker for you? Yeah, sure, no problem at all. Stalker is S for Simon, T, T for Tom, yeah, A for.
Speaker 15: Apple, A for Apple, yeah, L for Larry, L for Larry, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yep, K for kay for king.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I couldn't think of a word that starts for king with K, E for eccentric, egg for egg, yeah, good, yes, and ah for rabbit for rabbit.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Oh I didn't know, Simon. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Good look that. If I can't help put someone out with a query, what am I here for? Happy to help any time? I just do.
Speaker 15: I want to get to know you. So you're following football, do you?
Speaker 7: I don't follow it strongly but I'm an Essendon man.
Speaker 15: Oh it's fair enough, that's all right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, is that okay? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Time before I go, I want to get to know you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Uh years ago, but I'm thinking back at the fifty of it. Here was a footballer. You might have heard of him. His name is John Coleman.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, John Coleman's huge name. The Coleman Middle of course named after him.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, you know a little bit about it because I'm a hadlaid boy, yeah, Simon. Yeah, And I know I like to find out history about football. And I was told you to go that John Cohen when he used to play the first quarter. Uh, when I was second quarter, Coleman went up the other in all the all the essence, supporters used to stage the other and just to work. Is that right?
Speaker 7: That the follow him around the ground, Would they just see where he was playing?
Speaker 15: That's what I used to following around her there? Yeah, he was that bruning at a full board, ye John Coleman. Yeah.
Speaker 7: He is regarded as one of the greatest players of the game ever. So yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 15: Would have been Simon.
Speaker 7: The just is take what you're talking all right, my pleasure, lea anytime not not a problem at all. It's lovely to chat to you, get on your mate, take care, Vern's intraalgon hi Vern, Yeah, good, thank you.
Speaker 25: I've got the ann answer.
Speaker 10: Squeeze.
Speaker 25: I haven't got the leaderboard. Warn furently that yeah, you need to name at least five or six. If you got eight, you'd be roar in front.
Speaker 7: Alrighty, well, what will what we'll do? Vern, because I've just looked at the clock. We've got We've got to get a break out of the way, so hang on and we'll do this part of the announcers quiz just after the break. Okay, radio, it's ten to three in Victoria. In Western Australia, it's tend to tend to one and in Adelaide twenty minutes after two. Well, South Australia. Yes, you can get drug induced hepatitis if you take too much of a certain drug where the liver cannot break it down. Thank you, Michael. Wow how about that? The wonders of the body and how it reacts to stuff quite bizarre. All right now Vern is here, so it's time for Vern's announcers Quiz. Alrighty, so what's the puzzle I've got to sold for you today.
Speaker 25: Vern Okay, at the moment, we've got Sion running on seventeen, theres on seventeen, pat on sixteen, and Tony on twenty. Now it's easy one for you.
Speaker 7: Oh that's good. I can beat those clowns. There are all clowns that lot.
Speaker 25: I'm not going to say that.
Speaker 7: I'll say that I'm here to do the SmackDown that you do in a competition. You've got to you've got to call the enemy rubbish and then and then try a right is.
Speaker 25: A good one? Oh boy, the boy, here's a Felicity going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's very good, thank you, Yeah, she's very happy.
Speaker 25: So she's thrown my thing in the in the fire when you're running at the firewood.
Speaker 7: Honestly don't know what where it is. I passed it on to were, but we live in different houses. She lives with my wife, so I don't often wander into my daughter's bedroom, I must admit.
Speaker 25: Okay, now uh uh I questions a song with the word dog in it, It could be dog or doggie.
Speaker 7: Or yeah, well there's a hound dog by Elvis Presley.
Speaker 13: Is you got that one?
Speaker 25: I've got to I've got to give you the horn. Next one?
Speaker 7: Oh, so you want me to list eight songs with dog in the title? Okay, how much is that doggie in the window?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 25: Another one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there was one. There was a song by the Monkeys sung by Mickey Dolans called I'm going to buy me a dog? Thank you walk the dog who sang that if you don't know how to do it? And I'll show you how to dog?
Speaker 11: You got that?
Speaker 15: You got that?
Speaker 25: H I'll just ask for one more because you're going pretty good.
Speaker 7: So far, and then one more dog? Dog dogg? What do you accept? Things like what about puppy love? And they no, it's going to be dog.
Speaker 25: No, I'll give you a clue. Hey Moon, hey Moon?
Speaker 7: Oh no, not sure that I've got one though. What about the Baha men had a hit with who Let the Dogs Out?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I'll give you that one, but I'll tell you the Hey Moon Hay Moon dog, you get away from my cheek? Hey every brothers.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, no, I didn't know that one.
Speaker 25: Oh oh yeah, Hey Moon, dog, you get away from my cheek, Hey Moon, dog, you get away from mic wail? Hey Moon dog, get doodle do?
Speaker 11: Anyway?
Speaker 25: You've won four points, so.
Speaker 7: In front.
Speaker 25: There, Simon, you're on the top of the list now.
Speaker 7: Of course, where I belong naturally.
Speaker 15: Okay, so good on the event.
Speaker 7: Thank you. I do appreciate it. Bob's in Cooloo good a Bob.
Speaker 15: Good Simon?
Speaker 7: How cool? Say again?
Speaker 10: How is life?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, life is pretty good. I can't complain.
Speaker 10: Bye, thanks to the person that gave us the instructions on how to find the space station in the morning sky. Yes, however it's too bloody gold. I don't think I'm hitting up.
Speaker 7: You can look look out the window. It's it is a little bit on the chili side for Melburnian, isn't it.
Speaker 10: I think the weather's gone crazy, well I do. We've got no, we haven't had any rain, not much sign of any of it coming, and a lot of people sort of suffering with the dry pluff, people getting dry coughs because the weather is dry, and I think life's getting a bit uncomfortable. Hopefully it will rain shortly.
Speaker 7: Well it is, but it's I think it's a seasonal, seasonal adjustment when we go from the warmth to the cold. We all feel it quite a lot. And yeah, but hopefully, yeah, we do need some more rain. Yeah, definitely, you.
Speaker 10: Don't have any trouble sitting in there. Neck conditioning front team does now isn't now?
Speaker 7: No, I'll tell you what. The heating here is actually not the greatest. It's a bit off and on, so you'll be freezing one minute and boiling the next. Bob, I've just looked at the clock. We've got to get a break in, so my apologies for cutting your short back in a second. Thank you Maggie for the text. My goodness, please, you should all learn the NATO phonetic alphabet. Yes I've never actually known it, but there is an official thing for doing that, isn't there. I like the cockney slang sent up a for uses beef for mutton. I can't remember the rest of that either. It's coming up to news time.
Speaker 4: Now. This is Australia Urban Eye with Simon Owens. How many times have you woken up breed all are?
Speaker 8: How many times have you seen the.
Speaker 21: Paper's abortion.
Speaker 1: Gets to.
Speaker 21: Who gets to welcome?
Speaker 37: Who gets to the play?
Speaker 38: I was almost told everybody should get this. How many times have you been told if you don't ask, you don't get it. How many lives have taken your money? Your mother said you shoot beads. Who hasn't fun?
Speaker 7: So I was a man with a girl.
Speaker 1: Someone must have.
Speaker 7: Told him, if you work too hard, you can.
Speaker 21: Swear there's always the sun. There's always the sun.
Speaker 7: We're gonna explain about twenty years since I've heard that song, Jay always the son who had the hit with that, that is the Stranglers, the Stranglers, and they've had.
Speaker 8: Thirty four millions, eight hundred and twenty four thousand, five hundred and seventy four listeners.
Speaker 7: On Spotify Spotify. Yes, yeah, okay, so it seems I'm alone in having not heard that song in twenty ideas now, yeah, it's a good song. Yeah, it's good to hear it again now before the news, beautifully read by Alexander Nimo. Of course we were. We got sort of cut short with Bob of Cool Roo, so we've got him back. Sorry about that, Bob.
Speaker 10: That's all right, no big problem. So what are you doing these days with the spare time?
Speaker 39: Have you got any hobbies?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm currently writing a sitcom with a friend of mine. So we were having a great time doing that. We catch up once a week and we just sit and we've nutted out a ten episode plot to travel right through the ten episodes, and we're going through writing the first draft of the script now and we're up to episode three.
Speaker 10: But you go about getting somebody to produce.
Speaker 15: It for you.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing, isn't it. Like there's I think a lot of people have written scripts. I'll be calling on the fact that at the moment, anyway, this network is owned by nine and nine own STAN, So if I can't get an email address for somebody at STAN to send the script through to, I'll be pretty annoyed with the company. But of course that doesn't that doesn't mean anything's ever going to happen. But we both just love writing. Like I've written a movie before and I need to go back and finish the second draft of that. I write because I love writing, not because I actually think there's a career in it for me. So it's a chance to catch up with a good friend once a week, have a cup of coffee or a meal, and we spend a couple of hours writing and making each other love. So it's just a lovely social thing. And if it turns out that we get to sell it to stand and retire as millionaires, then say be it.
Speaker 22: You wouldn't want to retire as a millionaire, No.
Speaker 7: No, I'd need at least two two million.
Speaker 10: You'd get bored without all of us peopleathering in yuyr hole, exactly right.
Speaker 7: But I also run a YouTube channel in my spare time as well, So I spend probably about eight hours a week working on my YouTube channel. So that's that's a day out of each week, and then cover.
Speaker 10: With the YouTube.
Speaker 22: Sorry, what do you cover with the YouTube?
Speaker 7: It's so every day at midday I put up an old ad from the nineteen eighties, and every day at five o'clock a clip goes up from the Bert Newton Show from nineteen eighty nine, So interviews that Bert did on that show, musical acts who came on and performed. So there's Delilah, Joey Paroni, there's interviews there with Olivia Newton, John and people like that, Comedians who are on. I've just put up some stuff with Rodney Rude. Yeah, so it's a good snapshot into the past.
Speaker 10: I think it's nice. Little lot of that stuff is not just going to go into the rubbish spin. At least it's going to go somewhere where people can actually see it again.
Speaker 7: Or hear it again exactly. The beauty of it is that that particular show of Bert's which was only in nineteen eighty nine, for it was only one year he was up against Ray Martin. It was at the start of the year when the show started in March, Quintechs were running Channel seven and it was Christopher's case. He was interviewed on Bert's show, and so it wasn't ely the.
Speaker 10: One that wanted to color rise a lot of the old shows.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'm not sure of that, but yeah, by the end of the year, the Quintechs went bankrupt and Channel seven went broke, so the show got asked at the end of the year. So Bert was only on air from March till November, and it was the midday time slap up up against Ray Martin.
Speaker 10: I think I envy you people that at least somebody can be talking to you and like, for instance, at the moment you're talking with me on all sorts of different bits and pieces, and for somebody to be able to pick up a conversation and all sorts of bits and pieces, and they may not be interested in all that, but at least you can hold a conversation I think that's a rare talent.
Speaker 7: Oh well, thank you. I just like having a bit of a yack. I'm not the world's most knowledgeable person. The stuff that I do know is generally pretty trivial. I don't sort of do important stuff as such. But I just like a good yack and find out what people are thinking.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, but you're in an excellent place to learn different things, because people will always come up with different ideas or different ways of doing things. You've only got to ask about a subject and I'll bit you. You get ten calls on it.
Speaker 7: Oh that's true. Yeah, yeah, it's great for that, I must admit. Mind you with me. A lot of it goes in one ear and out the other. I don't retain a.
Speaker 10: Lot what nothing in the middle to hold onto it.
Speaker 7: No, it's just a it's a vacuum.
Speaker 15: It's a bit of a problem.
Speaker 10: It must rattle when you walk a bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it gets cold in there too.
Speaker 10: Look, I think we've all got talent in one way or another.
Speaker 7: I get by on good looks and charm. I've seen you, Simon, so you know that's a lie.
Speaker 10: I've seen you when you used to have The camera is running on studio. I haven't looked for a long time.
Speaker 7: Oh you should, because they're much better now. The camera set up here is pretty good now.
Speaker 10: I can remember when you and used to do was it the Sunday Night Show? Used to put some of it on YouTube?
Speaker 7: We did it. Yeah, we did a podcast in the in the time when remember when on three aw was only from ten till midnight. We'd do what we call the vodcast at nine point thirty, which was a video podcast. So we'd sit in the studio and Phil would sing a song and we'd just sort of have a bit of a chat and tell stories. We'd live stream it on Facebook each week, and that we've got a good reaction to that. There was a lot of fun.
Speaker 10: That's one of There are a few shows that still do it. But then again, I mean, you want to be in radio, not TV.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, I would love to still do it, but Phil was very quickly became the Philip Brady Show that vodcast. So without Phil, I don't know what I'd do for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 22: If Andrew wouldn't buy he would.
Speaker 7: But Andrew's a bit like me, a bit mystified by the fact that anybody's at all interested in anything. We've got to say.
Speaker 16: Ah, look, I.
Speaker 39: Think you've you're liking.
Speaker 10: You've got a show that is different. There are no politics, there's no crap owl, there's no one bagging anybody else, and that makes it some pleasant listening. I mean I listened through the day. I don't work anymore, and you know I get enough of the politics during the day.
Speaker 7: Yes, And that's sort of my philosophy is I'd leave all that heavy lifting to everybody else on the network, and I'm here sort of lightly refer to what I do as I'm here for ships and giggles. It's just just for a bit of fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with that because you give a few people a laugh, have a bit of a chuckle yourself, most lightly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 10: And besides, you've got to entertain j Well.
Speaker 7: I've got to keep him awake somehow, yes, yes.
Speaker 10: Oh, yes, and yeah, and you can't even get him with a water pistol because you've got two sheets of glass between you.
Speaker 7: Yes, which I think Jane likes it that way. There's a certain safety having the glass between us all. Oh is that what it is?
Speaker 35: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's your what's your ambition with your Saturday show. Are you just going to keep coming or have you got an idea for some new bits and pieces of mind? The way it's very good.
Speaker 7: Well, it changes, it will change again when the football season finishes. So for those on five Double A and six PR, they don't hear my Saturday show. So I host Sunday nights, remember when with with Andrew McLaren on three a W and on Saturday nights. At the moment, I've got eight till midnight on three a W, which is just my show, the Simon Owen Show. But during the during the summer when there's no football and no NRL in Sydney, the show's networked into two GB and four BC, so it's up the East Coast and the time slot changes and it becomes a six hour show from six to midnight. So yeah, every every six months we change the show up a bit.
Speaker 10: There were a problem with somebody saying another state who want to pick up your show going to the AW website and listening live.
Speaker 7: No, no, they can do that. And if they've got like a Google Home Mini or one of those Alexas or whatever, you can actually just say, you know, play six pr Play four BC, So you can listen to any station in the network just by telling your machine that that's what you want to hear.
Speaker 10: So that means that in years gone by, when you used to have to just twiddle, you no longer have to twiddle. You can listen to any station.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, there's and there's thousands of stations that stream, so we hope everyone sticks with the ones that they're listening to now.
Speaker 10: But yeah, you provide good entertainment.
Speaker 15: Why wouldn't they or we try?
Speaker 7: Thank you. Thanks for any chance to explain all that to you, Bob, But I have to fly now because I've got to get chickenman on. Here we to.
Speaker 10: In the way of the bird.
Speaker 7: No, exactly right, and then we've got to get to a break. So good to chat to you, Bob. Thanks for that. Take care. And Kenny's called in from Redcliffe. Good he Kenny, Yeah good, thank you? Yeah, I'm good. Yeah, life's pretty good. How are you going there? You go all right? And how's beautiful red Cliff?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 7: H that's red Cliff off the Queensland coast, isn't it just where you head off to Morton, Ireland.
Speaker 15: We're in Perth.
Speaker 7: Oh the perf Red Cliff in Perth. Okay, so there's two of them. Yes, all right, well fair enough then.
Speaker 39: Mhm mm.
Speaker 7: So what have you been up to?
Speaker 15: Oh that much?
Speaker 7: So what's what's what have you called for this morning? What do you what do you do you want to ye about?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 40: Where is the train line metro line going in Alan Brook book a sory line And it's a.
Speaker 7: Very good question. My answer is I don't know. I have absolutely no idea. Yeah, when when has it been promised to open? Is it overdue? N tenth the tenth is in October the tenth ninth ninth of the tenth, this as in this in a week from now. Yeah, okay, well that'll be good when it happens.
Speaker 39: Mm hm hm hmm.
Speaker 7: So will it help you? Yeah? So because where where do you need to travel from? And too? Okay, where where do you need to travel from?
Speaker 12: And to.
Speaker 5: From from translated to the to Toy line.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so so look just looking it up, Jayson, just having a look for us. The line was shut down for an upgrade and extension on November twenty, twenty twenty three. It was due to reopen in mid twenty twenty five, so it's it's due very soon.
Speaker 18: Yeah, what day was fine?
Speaker 7: Transport Minister Rita Safi your tea confirmed only the inner section of the Armadale line will open on June nine, as part of its flagship Metro Net project, including the elevated stations at Carlisle, Oaks Street, Queen's Park, Cannington and Beckenham. So there were construction.
Speaker 21: Issues apparently bigger than where's that?
Speaker 7: Don't know? It must be a station along that line, so I well, that's a good question. This article doesn't say that, but excuse me, there might be someone listening who does know. Canny. If anyone does know, give us a buzz or shoot us a text. What it does say is the remainder of the line from Kenwick to Byford will reopen when the elevated Armadale and Byford stations are completed, which will be a few months later than the June nine opening. So still a little while off a right, we're broadcasting from Melbourne. Yeah, yeah, the East. Well, Tony Max just off at the moment. He's got a cold, so he's a big little bit crook. So and these hours are killer hours when you're not feeling well. So he's had. He had Thursday and Friday off and he's off today, probably again tomorrow, I would think, but we'll see how he goes. Sign what's sorry?
Speaker 22: What's the weather? And birthnight?
Speaker 7: The weather in Perth. Let's have a look. Hang on, let's bring it up. I don't pay much attention to the weather anywhere. Let's bring up Perth. Here to do Perth okay, forecast for Perth. Oh Currently it's sixteen point three degrees, a bit thundery, showers, possible storm. What are we looking at? Twenty three is the top today after an overnight low of eleven is what they're looking at. And the week ahead it's going to be a bit thundery and rainy for the next couple of days. Wednesday and Thursday twenty one, twenty and twenty. Friday will be nineteen and no rain, Saturday twenty and no rain, and Sunday twenty.
Speaker 8: And no rain.
Speaker 16: So what Tuesday can be?
Speaker 18: Simon?
Speaker 7: Tuesday will be twenty one degrees with about twenty to thirty five mill of rain and.
Speaker 22: A bit more storms.
Speaker 7: Yeah, possible storm.
Speaker 31: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They never say definite storm, they always say possible. Yeah, So there you go. Hope that helps Kenny. All right, say someone no aries, take care mate, cheers. Well, there you go. There's two red Cliffs. I didn't know that. I just knew Redcliffe. I immediately thought of the Queensland one because I went to my honeymoon was on Morton Island, which I think you'd leave Redcliffe to get to Morton Island.
Speaker 8: Beautiful spot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is lovely.
Speaker 8: So I lived in Kippering for a little while.
Speaker 7: Oh did you kipp Ring? Okay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then Deception Bay. But yeah, I've only found out that there's another Redcliffe because Tony, of course is from Western Stea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I found out that way Hency nurse. Yeah, there you go. Do we do ray here or do we break and then do ray after the break? Yep, first Ray, If you'll hang on for just another three minutes, we'll be straight after this Ray has called from Paul Punker. Did I ray?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Here going?
Speaker 7: Yeah, not too bad.
Speaker 16: That's why you do a good job there, thank you. It's a small world. And a brother is Interception Bay.
Speaker 7: Okay, how about that?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 16: So anyway, there's a lady that rang up well first allowed to everyone, and I said my love and blessings to all the listeners. They so you had a lady who rang up before she said she had laughs writers, Yes, so I many while I got away to the doctors because I had pained to my knee and shoulder, and anyway, he said I had art riders. So anyway, guinea any inflammatories or something, and anyway, afterward I didn't get much better. So I'm one of them people that allow there's a natural cure for every ailment. Anyway, So I looked at me herbal books and it said a lot of people think they've got a right, but it's actually a food allergy. So and the two main culprits is potatoes and tomatoes, so which is from the deadly night shade family if they wanted.
Speaker 15: To look that up.
Speaker 16: Anyway, So I I used to have mashed potato every night, and anyway, so I stopped having mashed potato and tomatoes. I mean as good as gold. We show as good as gold. So it's actually a food allergy. A lot of people would have well, I know, yeah, my.
Speaker 7: Dad can't have tomatoes and there is a medical reason why, but I can't recall what it was. So maybe that's that's part of what you said there. Yeah, I'd I'd be devastated if I couldn't have potatoes because I love it, egg of sad boy, salt and vinegar and you know, some red rooster fries. There's too many good things with potatoes.
Speaker 18: That's right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I love the invest potato too, but you can have them like occasion, even know, all the time. So if that lady would wants to stop and potatoes and tomatoes for a little while and see if that helps.
Speaker 7: Yeah, have a bucket of fried chicken instead.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And another thing, a lot of people seem to have lots of colds and all that, and I don't believe in having the flush. I never one in my life. I've never had a cold for about thirty years. And my secret is if I feel like I'm getting a bit of a cold, I have a clove of garlic and just have a bit of water to get it down. And that's the cure for all these colds and all that.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, friends, but lots lots of health if you chew on the garlic, that's right. Any any good at Tellian Nana who's listening would agree with you. There With the garlic, that's apparently that fights off all kinds of things.
Speaker 16: Yeah, well I used to have that in the I think it was the First World War. Before penicillin. They used to get in garlic and put them out of the sunshine. Yeah, I think so. Yeah, so it is a natural cure for colds and all the inductions and stuff.
Speaker 7: I had a bit of garlic bread from my lunch yesterday as well, so that's so I'm well on the way.
Speaker 16: Yes, it's no use having people say, oh, I have capsules and I'll cook it up in your tea, but it's not the same. You've got to add the raw garlic.
Speaker 7: You know, raw garlic.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, because once you look around put it in capsules about you, you don't know that what the quantities you're having. But a raw garlic, that's a cure.
Speaker 7: And how good does garlic taste? Too?
Speaker 16: I love gar Yeah I hate it, but I have it.
Speaker 22: You hate it, yeah, I just but I do have it.
Speaker 16: Play the garlic every second day or every third day, because you know, he doesn't want to have it every day. Of course, because you get it, I suppose your body will getting me into it. But yeah, you feel like you get the cold garlic and if you want to have the lemon drink and.
Speaker 22: That will cure it.
Speaker 9: Cure it.
Speaker 7: Beautiful, good advice. Good on your Ray.
Speaker 16: Okay, then we'll have a good night, good morning actually, and blessings to everyone. And it's good to hear all the individual people out there.
Speaker 7: Beautiful. I appreciate the call. Thank you, Ray. I do love that idea. A clove of garlic. It's good for your health because it'll kill everything that's bad in you and it'll keep everyone at a distance away so you won't catch anything more. That's it's wonderful, lovely call. Thank you. Right. Chris is in South Australia before the cereal. Hey, Chris, good morning.
Speaker 17: The reason that with tomatoes is because of the acid in them, right, and the potatoes there's something in them as well, and I've just forgotten what it is.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of starch in potatoes, isn't there Is that the thing?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 24: That might be it?
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, but I know the tomatoes and they've got the acid, et cetera. And see a lot of a lot of the veggies and a lot of the fruits et c have got different bits in them that either react with the body or that you know you put up with them and that's a bad it. But if it gets a little book on what is in them, you can find out how to go about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Now that's a bit sad if you can't have potatoes or tomatoes, though I love a tomato. We used to have cheese and tomato on toast and it was magnificent. And just tomatoes on toast with salt and pepper on top. God, that's delicious.
Speaker 13: I'll agree with you there.
Speaker 17: And a nice boiled potato or something like they were just a dash a bit of salt and pepper.
Speaker 7: Salt and pepper, yeah, or sour quam.
Speaker 18: Yes.
Speaker 7: Now a cream will do the trick as well. Well, that's the wind up for the cereals. We've got to go. I appreciate the call. Thanks, thanks for letting us know all that. Very good. All right, So break next, followed by the cereal, then the news. Then it'll be back to your calls after four, which is of course Melbourne time. We'll see how we go. We're just approaching the news. It'll be two o'clock in Perth, in Adelaide it'll be half past three, and in Melbourne it'll be four o'clock, So that's coming up in about a minute from now, after the news Marsi. For those who haven't caught up with the news, Marsi Jones from Marsie and the Cookies and her own solo career sadly passed away on Saturday evening. Gavin Wood and Normy Row have both paid tribute to her in the last few hours. But it was only three weeks ago that I had the pleasure with Andrew McLaren of interviewing Marcy. Only three months ago, so as a tribute to the late Marcy Jones, we might play that on the other side of the upcoming bulletin. So stick around and reminisce with us with the sad loss of a great talent.
Speaker 4: Now this is a stradio urbanized with Simon Owens Down.
Speaker 1: Down, My.
Speaker 12: God.
Speaker 41: It's actually thrown me Jay having that as a song to intro this hour because Melbourne listeners would know that Dennis Walter uses that as his opening theme.
Speaker 7: So I play that for Dennis when I'm paneling for him. So I was sort of waiting for Dennis to say something. Then that's what a coincidence? How funny? Who sings that song?
Speaker 8: That one is from the band called the Go Betweens.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've never liked it. Early eighties, early eighties were it? Okay? Well, good on him? I just found Dennisius is the theme. I don't like it as a theme for Dennis. Never mind, that's I'll just shut up my own business, I guess, all right. So in this hour, very soon, we're going to play an interview with Marcy Jones that Andrew McLaren and I did on three Aw's Remember When program only three months ago. Sadly, she passed away on Saturday night, so we're going to play a bit of that interview as a bit of a tribute. But before we do that, let's get to your calls. Julian is in Armadale. Morning, Julian, good morning.
Speaker 22: So I remember nineteen fifty seven Dad was talking about the international photograph on the front page of all Melbourne papers the day the sputnik came over with Melbourne early morning and there was a big, big story that went worldwide and won many.
Speaker 7: Awards back in fifty seven, was it?
Speaker 15: That's right?
Speaker 22: I could see it clearly in the sky. Dad went out and saw it. It was a Russian spootnik. I'm not sure if it went rounds in Australia or not.
Speaker 7: There was probably less light pollution as well back then.
Speaker 22: I guess certainly it would have been Dad used to talk about. And if you look on the internet you'll see see the photograph. I can't remember which paper, whether it was the Argus, the Sun or the Age that the photographer won many awards for.
Speaker 7: That wonderful Yeah, good memory.
Speaker 22: Good memories of Dad. Movie was alive, would still be able to talk about it. And now opposite side of me, we've got a very famous mansion called Carrington House which is for auction at the moment. One of the last old Manchells left in the street in Cooyong Road and that was once linked owned by Thomas William Moran who was the founder of Moran and.
Speaker 7: Kate Oakh Yes big chain, Yes.
Speaker 22: Jim Jory and he died at the age of only thirty nine.
Speaker 7: Well that's young.
Speaker 15: Young now.
Speaker 22: Also his partner Moran was born in England in the nineteenth century and died in nineteen thirty five. A big, big chain of supermarket around the Coals era when Colesworth started. I'm not quite sure if Cato, who actually had a strong link to stall the Pleasant Creeks.
Speaker 7: Is that part of the stall or I don't know. I must admit I'm not that great with my geography.
Speaker 22: There are quite a big number of Moran and Kato supermarkets. Do you remember them?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 7: Before my time Moran and Cato, but I've certainly heard a lot about them over the years.
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, he is a very very interesting story about Moran and Cato. That's a long gone supermarket brand. Now, could you tell me today is the King's birthday in New Zealand West Australia. Don't get it till the end of September, and Queen Sadki is at the first week in October. Why is his birthday, which is in November is not changed to one uniform birthday?
Speaker 7: I reckon it should be. I have no idea why each country is different, and it just makes no sense, given you know, we've only had I don't know how long the holiday goes back in each of those places. But you know, given her no, I was going to say, given we we've had two monarchs in the last nearly seventy years or so, you'd think we'd be able to unify it to at least her birthday or his birthday, and.
Speaker 22: My brother's peculiar, isn't it. Look we're gon photograph of the Queen visiting the Malvern Town Hall in nineteen fifty four, the year Footscraye one that first Premiershieon's which her majesty came when she went everywhere? Apparently she also went to baux Hill.
Speaker 5: Did you know that?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 7: I didn't didn't know that that she was in boxing the whole book of.
Speaker 22: The Royal Tour of her majesty at the back of the Royal train, waving to the people as they crossed the old baux Hill station. Gates had stopped the train and she waved to the people of baux Hill on her way to Walmart. And there was a train that went to Wharton once.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well that's that's right on the Lilydale line.
Speaker 22: Yes, yes, I'm famous residents of course of this area of Armadel Maulvin there. Of course Bruce Small. Now, someone was on Darren's program yesterday and said it was not Bruce Small that found that a wolve and Star Barkles was his relative, mister Fingleton. I always thought that Bruce Small was the same Bruce Small that had the media names of the Gold Coast. I might correct on that.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, there was a businessman and politician named Bruce Small. Who was he the same one? That is a good question. Actually it was it the same.
Speaker 22: Bruce the mayor of Gold Coast. Is that's the same man.
Speaker 7: I'm looking it up.
Speaker 22: We'll yeah, thank you.
Speaker 7: Bruce Small. Sir Andrew Bruce Small was an Australian businessman and politician in Melbourne. He developed maulven Star Bicycles into a household name in Australia, then retired to the Gold Coast where he developed property and as Mayor of the Gold Coast, promoted the area to Australia and the world as a family friendly holiday destination through the bikini clad meter maids in surfers Paradise. He was one and the same, one of the same.
Speaker 22: One of my most famous other residents, of course is Terry Donovan and his son, of course, Moran's most famous student.
Speaker 7: Uh Terry Donovan, a lovely, lovely man, still alive and kicking.
Speaker 22: Rember A three weeks up in the test from England.
Speaker 7: You know, no, I didn't know that. No, I didn't know that at all.
Speaker 22: Chase, of course, what to tell usself and many many famous people, including Tony McManus is also a US our boy, isn't he?
Speaker 7: I think that's correct. Yes, yes.
Speaker 22: Did you know we once had four picture theaters in Malvine?
Speaker 7: No, well, there used to be a lot more, didn't there. A lot of them sort of closed down and like the drive ins, you know, drivings are almost non existent now that cinema cinemas took Isn't that right? I think you're right. Yeah, there's only is there only the two left in.
Speaker 22: Victoria, only Tromana and Coburg and that's it. There's one in Sydney as one left in Sydney. It's still there now. I can remember that I was allowed, not allowed to tell you when I was allowed in the projection room. I knew the projectionist who used to work at the old Dendy Theater opposite the Selvasian Army, which was the old Embassy and then the Metro, and that was actually a wonderful old thirteen hundred and thirty one seat cinema and had an orange glowing ceiling and I dropped curtain. That was a wonderful theater. It's now Nando's chickens.
Speaker 21: Ah.
Speaker 7: Yes, Oh it's not the same, isn't. It's sad when that happens, that you lose something beautiful and old and grand, like a theater and it becomes a Nando's. There's just something that's not right with the world when that happens. Julian, I must, I must keep moving. But always a pleasure to chat to you when I have the pleasure of filling in for Tony McManus. Look forward to the next time we meet. James and Michaelford.
Speaker 42: Hi, Jan get very Simon. I really love it when you're on now. I did see the Spotnik go across Melbourne. It wasn't early morning, it was late evening.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and.
Speaker 42: Saw the Spotnik go across I was about seven years old. It was ninely fifty seven, I think, and I didn't quite understand all the excitement, but Dad explained it to me that it was a unique and the first only the very first satellite across Melbourne. I also saw the Queen in nineteen fifty four, and I was very disappointed with that because I was taken to see the Queen and I think it was outside Melbourne Town Hall, but it might have been. He went through north at two. I believed it might have been Northvik town Hall, but my memory says it was Melbourne Town Hall.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 42: And it was paying flying past in a b big black open topped car with a blue dress and white waving with a white white gloves like Michael Jackson. And she had a little sort of white hat on too, and and then she was gone and she didn't have a crown. I was looking for a clean Were you.
Speaker 7: One of the robes and the crown.
Speaker 42: And crown the same as the picture that we had on the wall. Yes, yes, I was quite disappointed, but it was only four years old at that stage.
Speaker 7: A handful of coins looking at him, going that's not that same woman.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 42: Yes, And I did get listed over the crowd to the very front, so I had a very good view. But it was a big disappointment because that was just a laying in a car with no crowd.
Speaker 7: Isn't that marvelous the thoughts of young UN's It's it's wonderful how we we just expect you to understand and of course not. No, I'm trying to well, I'm trying to think out before I let you go. Jan you saw Sputnik. I'm trying to remember the name of the satellite in the seventies that was, you know, that crashed, it came back to Earth, and there was the danger it was going to land in Australia.
Speaker 42: The one that did land in Australia, there was the big, the big sky Skylab, Skylab. It was hit and it hit not like near kel Gurley, and it cut where right across the entire continent. There were bits of debris found from Western Australia right through to Queensland. And of course we were being assured every day that it's not going to it's going to splash down in the Indian Ocean and it's not going to hit Australia.
Speaker 7: But it did did because I remember the reason. I remember I was quite young then and I remember my parents being, you know, talking about it and me being terrified that this thing was going to crash into our house.
Speaker 42: So well, it was quite it was quite a real and imminent risk. To use a word that's come into the news just today, but yes, that was the My husband was a scientist and he was quite concerned. And my friends who were also they weren't, oh yeah, they were. One was a mathematician and another one was a scientist. They were actually following it and saying, this is not good. This is highly likely to hit Australia. But the radio and the TV and the politicians assured us every day that it wasn't going to hit Australia. And it's just lucky it didn't wipe out Perth.
Speaker 7: Mmm.
Speaker 42: It landed just past the settled areas of east of Western Australia. It landed in Western Australia. It hit the ground there. I mean it had broken up a lot, but debris was spread over a thousand k's true.
Speaker 7: Very lucky, very lucky.
Speaker 42: Indeed, back on that it was it shouldn't be too hard to find information.
Speaker 7: But though you've told us everything we need to know. That's marvelous.
Speaker 42: Even after it happened, they were still saying, oh no, it was just a little bit.
Speaker 10: But people were.
Speaker 42: Finding debris, and of course the Americans came and gathered up a lot of it very quickly, but people were still finding Gabriel two or three weeks after it happened.
Speaker 7: Wonderful, Jane, you're you're a star. You answered everything that you knew something about everything. Julian had raised and answered my questions. It's great to have you on board. I must go there. We've got to get to a break and I want to play a bit of this Marsi Jones interview after the break. So thank you for the call. Jan other callers, hang on, We will get to you, but we're going to do something else just after this. Twenty three after four in Melbourne. In Adelaide it's seven minutes to four, and in Perth it's twenty three after two. Exactly three months ago. Today is Monday, second of June. On the second of March, three months ago exactly, Andrew McLaren and I on our three aw program, remember when interviewed Marcy Jones and sadly she passed away on Saturday. So as a bit of a tribute to her, I thought it would be nice just to replay a part of the conversation that Andrew and I had with her, you know. And I wander out for lunch with Gavin Wood on the odd occasion and we were walking through the boxiel R. S L And a lady called out and it happened to be well, there were three of them at the table, and it happened to be the cookies, Beverly, Margaret and Wendy, So they just happened to be there on the same day that Gavin and I were there, so we stopped and had a lovely chat and the cookies are just the loveliest people. But you know who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting face to face, and who would that be? Marcy Jones. So I'm pleased to say we've got her on the line now him Marcy, look good.
Speaker 26: Evening, boys, how are you?
Speaker 37: I think we're all right here?
Speaker 19: They were having a lunch with their cousins I think who were over from England.
Speaker 37: That would probably be right, Yes, yes, do you Obviously you'd keep in contact.
Speaker 7: With the sisters.
Speaker 19: Then I see I see Wendy and Margaret nearly every Thursday. I see Beverly probably once a month. We all have dinner together on a Thursday night. And we've always been in touch here, we always, Yeah.
Speaker 22: We do.
Speaker 15: It's like family.
Speaker 7: That's really lovely to hear, Marsy, because so many musical lacks for the Journey don't get along that well, so that's beautiful to hear.
Speaker 19: Well, the girls are all sisters, of course, yes, that doesn't mean to get on.
Speaker 37: I've read about the Andrews sisters apparently couldn't stand to be in the room with each other.
Speaker 19: Really, Yeah, the Cookies are very close. There's only fifteen months in between them, so they were always like triplets, you know, But it was it was sometimes difficult. Margaret and I always agreed and the other two agreed I should have taken an extra vote being the lead singer.
Speaker 37: Well look, Mary, Marcy and the Cookies. Just to explain for those who don't remember, it was a big, big act on the TV and the live scene here in Melbourne, around Australia for that matter, in the nineteen sixties. And you were something of a pioneer because it was an all girls singing group.
Speaker 7: Marcy.
Speaker 19: That's right, we were. And it's a funny thing because so there were quite a few groups around at the time. But I think what made us different was that the girls being sisters and me not I suppose big a lead vocal myself. When the whole thing came together, it was really magical. We sang great together and I think and that's what people really really liked. I think when I met the girls it was like I was connecting with family, so but the sound we would get between the four voices was pretty unique. And we worked with Cliff Richard for a long time.
Speaker 25: In England.
Speaker 19: We toured with the Monkeys, We toured with a lot of big acts. The girls have worked with a lot of acts too on their own and I've done a lot of tourists. We did hard to us of Jeene Pitney. I did two of those with the Cookies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what was Geene Pitney like. I've got a little Jeene Pitney story that paints him has been just one of the loveliest people ever.
Speaker 20: It was just lovely.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he was lovely.
Speaker 32: He was He was a generman. He was a great thing.
Speaker 22: He sang when he.
Speaker 20: Sang live saying all his songs really.
Speaker 19: Fast, DearS darling. I hate to write to say that he was really fast. Yeah, but he was lovely and tragically went to bed after a show and didn't wake up.
Speaker 37: That's right, lefturing England.
Speaker 7: That's right. He had the pleasure though.
Speaker 37: I read once he had the pleasures in Pitney of buying the country club in America that he was a busboy in as a teenager. That's nicest success story there.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 39: Isn't it.
Speaker 37: Did you have a chance to buy the town hall that you performed in when you were fourteen?
Speaker 19: No, I wished I had him, No, fifteen, actually fifteen I was. But I'm turning eighty in June.
Speaker 7: Well, you don't sound it, and just then when you just sang a little bit, then you've still got the voice.
Speaker 10: Marci Well, I still do the odd thing.
Speaker 19: But I have actually retired, but I've been talked into doing one more show my eightieth birthday. There's also celebrating sixty five years in this business.
Speaker 15: Can you believe that?
Speaker 19: I don't know where the years have gone? And working pretty hard through most of that time. So I'm doing one more last hurrah. I'm going to go out with a big bang.
Speaker 7: That's good to hear, Massie.
Speaker 37: I always ask, yes, I just about always ask musical performance.
Speaker 8: What was the first record that you bought?
Speaker 15: No, Gee whiz?
Speaker 19: It was probably a Connie Francis song.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, it probably sounds right.
Speaker 32: Probably or.
Speaker 15: Lots of other girl I've gone.
Speaker 7: Blank, Brenda Lee's maybe is someone like that?
Speaker 19: Brenda Brendaly would have been a Brendly or a Connie Francis.
Speaker 37: I would think, Okay, and when was the first performance, professional performance?
Speaker 7: Where was it and how old were you?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 19: I was fifteen. I used to go down to Canterbury boring with my girlfriends and my dad had a green truck that he'd keep all his cement mixes and everything in the back. And we're all pile in the back and no seatbelts in those days, and he would take us out the Canterbury Ballroom and we were dads and Malcolm Arthur and the Thunderbirds were playing down there, and John Gray, god bless he missed to run that.
Speaker 20: For Ivan Damon.
Speaker 19: Anyway, the girls went up and said, you know our girlfriend sings, can she sing something? And of course no, But on Saturday we're auditioning for a girl singer. So I turned up and sang litstick on your collar and robot man and got the job.
Speaker 7: Well done. Isn't that marvel at at the grand old age of fifteen.
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Now what did mum and dad say about this? Did they have dreams of Marsy working in the bank or doing something more formal?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 19: No, no, I was actually a hairdresser. Yeah, so I hadn't apprenticeship right, So I sang for so I was about eighteen or nineteen. Then they started a show called the Go Show and DYT Productions for going around all the dancers at that time, because there were so many dancers glen Iris, Springvale, Preston town Hall, Canterbury Ballroom, you know, all the glen Iris Rock, so many of the dancers, and they went around and they chose different people, boys and girls to do the Go Show, and I was one of the ones that were picked.
Speaker 37: So now, when does normany Row come into your professional life, because I know it's quite a part of it, of course at certain points.
Speaker 19: Yes, yes, we're still very close. We're really good mates, and we're very very close friends, him and I and still and finally he's happy, so thank god, so them, I don't have to worry about him anymore. But Norm was fourteen and I was nearly sixteen, and the San Rose bought him along to Preston town Hall one night. Here's this young fourteen year old, smartass with long hair, and we started to work together and they moved me from working with the Thunderbirds to a band Preston's Circle and the town Hall that didn't have a name.
Speaker 22: At the time.
Speaker 19: They became normally Role and the Playboys and I was their female singer.
Speaker 37: Right, So it was Normally who I've read that it was Normany who suggested you team up with the cook sisters and become Massi and the Cookies.
Speaker 32: Yeah, well we.
Speaker 19: Were going together at the time. Norm when I went out together about six years and we were engaged sick talk of the town and I went up to work in Brisbane and met the Cookies. The Cookies were doing Brisbane Countdown and so they did the vocal backing from and almosaid, that sounds really great. Why don't you join up together?
Speaker 14: So we did.
Speaker 19: I had some shows and I said to the girls, well, do you want to come down to such a paradise and do a few songs with me and we'll see how we go. So we quickly took out the sewing machines and ran up four dresses.
Speaker 20: And they learned some of my songs.
Speaker 19: And we went on and that was it.
Speaker 7: And that's what an amazing writer it's been. And you've already mentioned working with the Monkeys and people like that. As a fifteen year old, did you ever dream that it would get to that point where you're, you know, with international artists being part of your life.
Speaker 19: No, of course not.
Speaker 15: You know, it was.
Speaker 19: Just getting I just sort of as everything happened, I just sort of took it in my stride. I was working Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and hairdressing through the day and the other four nights I was working at all the dancers. I mean, these kids today say, oh, Geed, I've got to do this and I've got to do that. You know, just get off your bumps and do it.
Speaker 4: Good advice.
Speaker 37: Now I've got to go back to the people you toured with, and it's it's an amazing list, Geene Pitney. We've mentioned Cliff Richard, The Shadows, Royalbison, Tom Jones, Del Shannon, Ray Stevens, and so many others.
Speaker 7: What a wonderful lot of memories. Have you kept photos of you and them on stage together or you know, backstage at any point the.
Speaker 19: Cookies actually worked with Ray Stevens. But yeah, we've got a lot of photographs. I mean we were singing. We were doing some vocals at E and I Studios in London, which is where the Beatles recorded, and we were we were recording one day and the door came open. I've got a photograph of George Harrison walked in and just excuse me, girls, I just want to get my guitar picked his guitar up.
Speaker 7: We said, oh, how wonderful.
Speaker 37: It's what an exciting career to be a part of all that world.
Speaker 21: Eh.
Speaker 19: But we worked with Patty Lavelle and the Bluebells, you know, Paddi la Belle. Yes, she was out working at the Hilton and of course we went along to see it because we're huge fans of Patty Lavlle and Beverly. One of the cookies she had written to her to say, we're a girlfriend from Australia and we love her music and all the rest of it. Anyway, they're asking for people who said things. So we went to scramble up on the stage. This is all these middle aged women in their forties and the bouncil of we're going to let us up, and I said, what do you think we're going to go rape?
Speaker 15: My god?
Speaker 19: So he let us up and she handed me the microphone and here's this thirty piece all black bands playing with the songs, sitting it right in the pocket.
Speaker 17: Oh it's a bit overwhelming, amazing.
Speaker 19: Had she passed me the microphone we went into Lady Barblade and she went backwards and she said.
Speaker 32: Oh my god, these girls still singing? Who are these girls?
Speaker 19: And the audience yelled out, that's Marty as the book is.
Speaker 7: We'll leave the chat there, but how lovely to hear the voice of Marcy Jones who passed away on Saturday, and that interview only three months ago with Andrew and myself on Remember When. But how sad? Also, how sad to hear her say there that she had retired, but she was going to come out and do one last gig for a birthday, for a birthday which is only two weeks away, and she didn't get there.
Speaker 8: So just showed that she just wanted to be with her audience. She wanted to be out there on stage entertaining people right up until the end.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately. Yeah, so there we go. She'll be very sadly missed. The lovely the great Mark C. Jones. Break and then back to your calls one double three six nine three one double three eight eighty two and text messages of course zero four double seven six nine three six nine three whatever's on your mind this morning? And Chris is in broad Meadows Morning, Chris Simon and.
Speaker 43: Jay, this is the insight I have a couple of years ago Australian media Consourtians will asking the social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, x whatever they should pay for us in Australian online content or media content or advertising. And then before Moscow, Ruber Murdoch said, this is the end of commercial online newspapers in Australia, not like the paperback book gone fifteen years ago. So there's some commercial ideas or the Herald son and wants to sell Sky News, sky Race and Sky Sports. Hostel Ko held not so the own to Australia on the Financial Review. But could be that Australian media has accidentally pursued the right thing and right why but shut itself in the foot.
Speaker 7: So so you're suggesting that the that they shouldn't have tried to strike an agreement with the social media platforms or I'm not.
Speaker 43: Saying a lot right, I'll i'll be sticking up for Australian jobs and austrains. It should be used for free overseas or on these big platforms that we all get worldwide. But then you know, may have bought about its own sort of Yeah.
Speaker 7: Look, it's a double edged sword. The social social media and news because every every business, well not every business, but many businesses, radio stations, television stations, newspapers, they all actually have social media platforms, the social media accounts on those platforms, because it's a great way to spread the links back to your own content. So we put up our podcasts, we put links to those podcasts on social media so that people can see it and come back to our website and and here and here are the things we do. So it's a great service for us. But at the same time, other people can lift the stuff that we do and post it on those social media services, and then the businesses themselves get nothing out of it. So it's a necessary evil, but it's also a problem or wrapped up in one rather untidy little bundle. So the idea that I actually found it a bit difficult to swallow that Facebook, in particular, which was the big one, should have to pay to have newspapers content on there, or TV content or radio content. The idea that they had to pay for that was silly to me. But at the same time, I just think there needs to be a better way of making sure that if news content or if media companies content is used on social media. It should only be able to be put up by the news, by those those media companies, and I just it's just not possible to stop people putting stuff up online. So it's it's just one of those things. I don't know what the future can hold. I don't know what can be done about it. I think we're just in a big mess. And unfortunately a lot of the revenue that used to go to those traditional media sources now goes to your facebooks and Google's and the like. Like millions upon millions of dollars in revenue that used to go to the media companies now can't. It doesn't because people advertise elsewhere, and that causes problems because the quality of what the companies have to offer is less and less. It's a bit of a mess.
Speaker 43: Griz yeah by saying Apple News has now asked me to set up a subscription, so it's only going to give me a very limited condensed things only when I open up the app on the applow boat, but if I want to go on the regular pop ups and not vacations. Has asked me for a free three months or month trial or something, but then you enter into a subscription directly. I won't fit up direct of it because I can't always be sure I've got money in my anzeticount to allow money to go spoop the forever about getting a.
Speaker 13: Fee, you know, for just.
Speaker 43: On a transaction or something there. But yeah, but that's just interesting. I know that because you know, i'd like to think Australian government and while we've got a federal labor government place on a commonwealth level, I think political correctness and all those things tightened about. We've lost our freedom to our way to just smoothly do because so many people abroad want to come to this beautiful country. But we're a little bit tight in the chest now for what we can and what we can't do and this commercial thing and it's not the Australia I like to be. And you know, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 7: No, not always a pleasure, Chris, thank you. And the one thing that humans don't do very well is change. So we all look back at the year's gone by and think of them as the glory years. But when we like, if I go back to the nineteen seventies when I was a kid, seventies and eighties, what great years they were. How fabulous. But my parents who were my age at that era, would look back at the fifties and sixties and say that was the glory days, and their parents would say the thirties were the glory days. It's just everybody likes to look back and rose colored glasses. That expression is there for a reason, isn't it Get on your Chris A break mark of Hampton and Trevor of Dandynong, You'll be next. Sometimes with our text line, which is zero four double seven six nine three six nine three, we get texts that I don't actually think are meant for us. I won't give the name on this one or any details at all, but received a text that names somebody else and nobody. There's nobody in this station who goes by that name. And then the text says what you're saying is true. I'm not here to lie to you. I believe you every single word, every tear, every haunting memory. No one deserves what you have been through.
Speaker 21: No one.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think that's meant for us. So if you're listening and you've accidentally texted us by a mistake, just letting you know, you might want to re send that to the right person, but thank you for paying attention. Mark's in hamptonis.
Speaker 26: Time, Mark, I'm are you this morning?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Good, thanks Mark yourself only just.
Speaker 26: Many huntings to you and your family and everyone on the three.
Speaker 15: I w.
Speaker 26: W hew, love it more and to say you need to be cold where I am at the moment in hamp Denise and I just wanted to say how.
Speaker 34: Cold it was.
Speaker 26: And I'm actually just a little bit of at the moment, but it's it's like an esque moment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and a bit chilly in hamptonist is it? Yeah?
Speaker 26: Yeah, chill, a very very cold. I'm just about to have on the Facebook to warm up. And actually somehow she digits there and I think I didn't really realize I was a good person for talking on Facebook. But actually this cold weather is for some reason, I'm a better Facebook because it makes me warm up when I go on Facebook a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just I just checked it out. Hampton East at the moment, ten point one degrees feels like seven point one. That is chilling.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it's four degrees in my house.
Speaker 7: Oh is it?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 7: You your place is like my place. It's always about three degrees below whatever it is. Outdoors.
Speaker 26: I didn't want to know its going inside of my house.
Speaker 7: And I opened the fridge the other day to warm up. Yeah, terrible.
Speaker 26: I heard that's last summer. You actually, so you're taking up when the videos you're saying an opportunity to come over to someone's house and speak to them that because the figures that weren't working at the moment, there can be in the future advertisement that.
Speaker 21: You were doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, i'd forgotten that.
Speaker 26: Yeah, as you can still remember the most important things about people. Wish is a character.
Speaker 7: Yes, well it is. That's a very good point, and you you make that. Well, all right, get on your mic. Thanks mate, take care of have a lovely morning. And if I were dressing down on or an extra blanket, keep warm the Trevors and Dandy on, get a trivor.
Speaker 32: You Yeah, I'm good, Ye, good morning. You're talking about morning a wire.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 32: When I was in high school trying to.
Speaker 22: Punch him there, I shouldn't laugh.
Speaker 32: It was frying bad mass volleyball against the girls only dies and I'm calling in his journey talking nine twice. Mom, he come on, he picked me up and he swim me again in the wall with m you know, He's ran the jumper to jumping month Mon's cooking, combing away from jumping around. He's not swimming and yelling, and I think next time I'll punch your Henny. He's all try come on, Wow, she flaying. He is all right, he has run like around. He's then he stopt men and run around the oval one hundred and fifty yards and then I punching every crap out of it.
Speaker 7: Wow. So how long ago was this when I.
Speaker 32: Was fifteen backing nineteen seventy nine, back.
Speaker 7: In seventy nine, Yeah, it'd be now if that happened at the school now, if there was a punch on between a fifteen year old and he's pe teacher, now that'd be front page of the paper.
Speaker 32: Well the kids were all off because I bring up the seat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I can't say I approved.
Speaker 32: One else was him when I was he did he was him?
Speaker 19: Try and contact me.
Speaker 32: It's when the morning in seventy something.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Joan, look Trevor, thank you for the call. But I have just had to let that go because you did name him. You named your teacher after you accused him of pushing you in the pool too. So yeah, but thank you for the call, the most interesting call, but we just best not continue with that. Marian's in Adelaide before we get to the break. How are you marrying?
Speaker 9: Stop laughing?
Speaker 7: Right, Marian, you were on holding you heard that pe teacher's name, so please don't repeat it. Interesting story, wasn't it?
Speaker 22: Do you know what.
Speaker 14: Last?
Speaker 15: Beautiful? And you've just got an embrace?
Speaker 8: That was?
Speaker 14: That was?
Speaker 10: That was gorgeous.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I feel terribly sorry for him for for that happening, but he ended up getting the better over his teacher. But I also feel sorry for the teacher. Just you know, some things are just terrible that happened in the past.
Speaker 27: Oh no, oh we all have.
Speaker 20: A past, darling.
Speaker 7: Yes, and they all have a past, and they've both been left with it.
Speaker 10: Deal with it and how we place that.
Speaker 7: It's what we do with it, that's true. And in the end they've both got an interesting story to tell others, haven't they.
Speaker 12: Okay, give me a minute, no, give me ten seconds.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that was that was just beautiful.
Speaker 12: Look, we all have a story, we all have a past.
Speaker 15: We're all beautiful.
Speaker 14: That was really funny.
Speaker 7: Now, now, Marion, what do if you have you got something else you wanted to say, because I only ask because we've got to get to do a break before news. So if you're happy to hang on for another couple if you hang on for another couple of minutes, we'll get you up straight out of the news, which is coming up after this right O. Well, it's about to hit three o'clock in Perth, so it means you're about to leave us so for the morning, So good morning to you, thanks for being on board. Tony may be back tomorrow, but he may not, so you'll either get Tony or myself if you tune in later on this evening for five double A listeners and three A w stick around half an hour ago. Look forward to chatting to you on the other side.
Speaker 4: Now this is a stragio Oben Eye with Simon Owens.
Speaker 7: Second day of Winter. Were playing one Summer Good Joys Jay, Good morning to you. Simon Owen's in the chair again for Tony McManus. Tony McManus is still a little on the unwell side. He will return at some point this week, we would expect. But when you do these hours, you don't want to come in when you're not feeling one hundred percent. So rightly, so he's taking another day off this morning. But Jay and I are here for this remaining twenty three minutes of the program, and it'll be good to have your calls on one double three six nine three. You can call now. You can call in anytime in the next twenty odd minutes and we'll get you to wear. You can also text, as a lot of people have done this morning on zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. There's an article of is just perusing in the Herald Sun Jay a naked woman stops traffic. That's always going to get your attention when you're looking at a paper. A woman has stuned on looker in central Geelong by casually strolling down the street naked. The unknown female was spotted smoking a cigarette and walking through Little Mallip Street without a care in the world on Thursday afternoon. Wow a Thursday. Why is it just being reported now today? Yeah? Just in the paper today. It's not terribly up to date, is it. While that explains why I couldn't find the footage on Twitter, dinas were quick to pull out their phones to record the bizarre incident in the heart of the city, with one video showing her prancing down the walkway. She certainly looked very relaxed. One witness set, it's not something you see every day. The caption on the footage posted to Instagram read only in Geelong. As she walked past the Geelong cellar door, she then slows to take a long puff of her cigarette. It's understood no complaints were made to police about the woman, who presumably got to wear intended destination without wearing any clothes. Deliberate exposure in public is a criminal offense and is more commonly known as flash. Victoria Police has been contacted for comment. I disagree with one thing it says, more commonly known as flashing. To me, flashing is you know that's the the image you caught you're up of a dirty old bugger in a raincoat. Yeah, and he's on a bus or something, and well there it is. Yeah, that's flashing. Strolling naked down the street is just in what would it be indecent? Self? For rating? There must be there must be a legal term for it.
Speaker 8: So it wasn't a fashion thing or anything.
Speaker 7: It was it was just you know, could have been Carner's wife, yes, Censory or whatever her name is. Yes, No, I don't think it was, but anyway, there you go, stroll suit these things. These things happen in Geelong, in Dennis Walter territory, We'll have no doubt here from Dennis at eight o'clock to night on thew listen questions exactly now. A couple of other texts. This one came through a lot earlier from JC, who's a lovely guy often keeps us up to date with breaking news as it happens overnight. But he's texted, the International Space Station will be passing over Melbourne this morning at exactly six fifteen ish, I know six fifteen h which is ours I guess zero six one five hours. You will clearly see it moving across the sky. If you look up from the southwest toward the northeast, it will look like a very bright, bright star, but moving. So for those of you interested in watching such things, the International Space Station six point fifteen this morning for Melbournians if you want to have a look from the southwest to the northeast. And another quick text. I won't name the person, so I'm not going to read the whole thing out, but this did you made me stop and think, Oh, I think This is a bit unfair, Simon. I wonder if I'm the only one who has a problem with centiling For four years. Regarding my ninety seven year old mother, they cut her age pension to seventy percent because I would not sell her home. She resides in a nursing home with dementia, and it's the only thing she has left in her name. There's more to the text, but yeah, I just that seems a little unfair to Me's got her asset and that's something that she holds dear. And the whole thing about the principal place of residence was you can't you know, the government don't touch that for tax purposes as far as I'm aware with my very small knowledge. But she's had to move into a nursing home, so her pension's been cut. I think that's I just think that's unfair. But you know, these things happen, I guess, and his government always fair? No, I guess not. Simon's in Colac morning, Simon.
Speaker 39: It's Simon, how you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 32: I was that woman gives a whole new I had many to load.
Speaker 9: Your good dog, doesn't it?
Speaker 7: Yes? Where was the horse? That was the question?
Speaker 22: And broken bones.
Speaker 10: You were saying broken, knocked down something or something like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were. We were taking calls earlier on your your great sporting injuries and like, so have you got a story for us?
Speaker 39: When I was signed football went up from Mark signed.
Speaker 10: And big both they helped me split in the chest and I busted.
Speaker 39: Miss Sternham.
Speaker 42: Went down, was a bag of pup and he said do you want to end up?
Speaker 15: You know what to him?
Speaker 7: Yeah on the radio, Yeah you're gay? So everything good?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 7: How long ago was that.
Speaker 12: You go?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, so awfully recovered. Yeah, nasty stuff. All right, good on assignment. Thanks for that, appreciate it. Thank you. I have received a text I'm embarrassed. And this half hour is the half hour of the show where there are more people listening because a lot of people have woken up at this time to get ready for work. Good morning to you, if that involves you. I think we've done a fairly good show overnight tonight, Jay this morning. It's it's been pretty good. We've had lots of calls, good topics, We've reminisced a bit. It's been a nice show. Walking home, walking to the car in fifteen minutes from now, I'll be thinking, yeah, that was okay, that wasn't a bad show. I've just said, oh, we're opening this hour with One Summer on the second day of winter. Yeah, that was As the Days Go By? No, no, you you played As the Days Go By. I've gone and said it was One Summer. Sorry, both great songs by Darryl Grave. Wait, but yeah, I've just said, oh, we're opening yeah. Yeah, So that's very embarrassing. I hope Darryl's not listening. You'd be yelling at the radio calling me a clown. That's terribly embarrassing. Trevor's in sponsored hide, Trevor.
Speaker 16: Hey, going, So did you watch the footy sv within Our Springs?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 7: I didn't. I was doing prep for my other show, remember when, So No, I missed the match sadly.
Speaker 16: Anyway, what was in the background was a road train, a cattle crack road train, in the on the grounds of the whatever you want to call it where they play. Yeah, in the background, I thought, God, what they got? The hell? They got a cattle crawell? You know, I wrote, I did hear it, and I realized that three quarter time when the Sarah wed up that's their song. His ear horns on the cattle truck.
Speaker 7: Is that right? That's what they used for the siren, was it?
Speaker 16: Well, that's the only reason I could put it there while they got the truck there, because I reckoned. Probably I just didn't have siren, so I was probably knocked off the sirens at the day. So they the cattle truck was parked up there, and it was in place like I mean, it was. Every time the camera span panned around, you could see it, and I thought what they were going to?
Speaker 7: It's Did anyone in the commentary team mention that driver?
Speaker 16: Because I didn't watch the whole game, only what's the last half, But I kept looking. I think that's a bloody road train. That's like I've bened that tower and that and I've seeing them. They're enormous and oh I can put it out. I could tell by the sound of it too. I reckon it was here haws the dull years and for the sien, Well, I tell.
Speaker 7: You what that's that's a fascinating idea that that might have been the CA I struggle to imagine that they're playing a game and they've held up a road train just to use its horn as the siren for the game, because you would think those things will be on a schedule. That would be pretty important getting from one place to another to get everything loaded on and loaded off. But if that is true, I reckon that would be a great sports story for people to follow up if anyone knows is that true? Is that a possibility even that a road train was used for the siren at that footy match, as Trevor suspects, great Cole, Thank you, Trevor. I've got to get to a break because it's already quarter past the hour, quarter two. If you're in Adelaide, back with more in a sec. It's bang on twenty after five in Melbourne. In Adelaide it's ten to five. Gary's in Ballarat Morning, Gary, Morning, Simon.
Speaker 39: Listen, the old lady in the nursing home. The son is very selfish because he's expecting the taxpayer to keep his mother in the nursing home and then when she dies, he'll get the house and seal out and keep all the money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but does she not have a right to keep her house?
Speaker 39: Like yeah, look, yeah, Well if everybody did that, the country soon go roight because it's cost a cost eleven hundred dollars over, I'm getting the age on sort of looking into it, A cost eleven hundred dollars to keep somebody in the nursing home. She's getting seventy percent pension, which will be about four hundred a week, and she's got four hundred a week to spend sitting in the nursing home. Well, a charity case that goes in, they get a role to spend. Well, you know, it's very If everybody did that, it would be costing the government a lot of money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, look, you're right. I actually I do agree with you there that what you say makes perfect sense. But at the same time, does that mean that once you hit like sixty or seventy you should sell your house and blow all your money so you can then take the pension and have a full pension when you're in a nursing home.
Speaker 39: The point is that the son could take and keep her at home, and he's good in the full pension. The kids to they are throwing kids sick, their kids in a nursing home and then want the house when it's windowed away.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, I don't know in this exact case, thank you, it's a very interesting point you make. But yeah, I just I think there's just part of me that thinks you should have that asset and it should be sort of sacrisanct, as it were, because otherwise she should have blown all her money on travel, drugs, whatever she wanted to blow it on, and then she could take a full pension. But because she's saved and worked and been responsible, she gets penalized at the end of her life, as it were. But yeah, look, it's it's a very good point you make. I'm now sitting firmly on the fence having no idea. Thank you for that. Now, let's get this out of the way here, because it's a great announcement, a community service announcement for you. Because everyone's talking about the end of the financial year, but at nature B they're also talking about how you can have better health for the rest of the year. Hello, Jeff, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 9: Well today is the first day of the rest of your life. And if you're feeling a little bit run down, lacking in energy, and feeling a little bit secondhand, then I invite you to try my nature Be invitation power pollen offer.
Speaker 7: Now, Jeff, what makes power pollen different from other supplements.
Speaker 9: Well, polland's a natural super food jam packed with goodness, and our unique potentiation process opens up the pollen grain, making all those nutrients of a bioavailable. So it's Nature's perfect fuel and people really feel the benefit. It's all day natural energy, stronger immunity, better sleep, improve digestion and laser focus.
Speaker 7: It sounds like a great booster, just what we need during winter. And now, Jeff, I've not done this show for a little while but spoken to you, but I know you'll always have an offer. What's the offer today, Well.
Speaker 10: It's an invitation.
Speaker 9: If you've never tried it, today should be the day you do.
Speaker 10: You can buy a thirty.
Speaker 9: Day supply of nature B Power pollen for just thirty nine ninety five plus delivery, and I'll give you another thirty days supply absolutely free, so it's enough there for you and your partner to experience the benefits. And remember it comes with a risk free money back guarantee.
Speaker 7: Sounds too good to be true. Where do listeners go to take up this offer? Jeff?
Speaker 9: Jump online to naturebee dot com, call us on one eight hundred one four seven nine, or just simply nature B with two e's the web and place.
Speaker 7: Your order good on your Jeff natureb dot com Nutrition to Believe in. Okay, we're almost done for the morning. Two minutes to news time. It's five twenty eight in Victoria and if you're listening in South Australia, it's two minutes to five. It's been good to be here this morning. Simon Owen's in the chair for Tony McManus. Not sure whether Tony will be back at midnight tonight Victoria time, eleven thirty South Australia time. If Tony's not up to it, I'll probably be back again. Jay has been with me all morning. Thank you for all you've done.
Speaker 21: Jay.
Speaker 8: It's all right, it's not a problem.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 37: Simon.
Speaker 7: You're back tomorrow as well, or back tomorrow. Yes, Jay will be here. That's the one consistency you've got. Final text on the sports injuries that we were talking about, this one from Mandy Hope. You are well. I dislocated my hip out backwards high kicking in a dance routine that reminds me of a classic bit of footage. I'm sorry to hear that. Mandy mclad You're okay now, but that reminds me of a classic bit of footage from Ernie Sigley hosting. I think it was a pot luck or pot of Gold, one of those. The show had one of those two titles. And there was this really skinny guy and who's out there doing this high kicking routine and he did the same thing. He pulled a hammy or something nasty stuff it was. He tried to continue, but it was sad. It's a very sad mess. Your breakfast shows are up on the other side of this. Good morning to you all, and thank you for the pleasure of your company.