Speaker 1: I back you. Good morning, what's happening in the world, Good morning everywhere.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Australia overnight and now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Australia is quiet.
Speaker 4: The night rolls on, voices echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 3: Through the dark.
Speaker 4: There's a guiding line three AW keeps us close.
Speaker 5: Tonight overnight.
Speaker 1: We shared.
Speaker 3: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 4: Everywhere from city streets to the outbacks.
Speaker 3: Guys Australia tree.
Speaker 6: As station flowers.
Speaker 1: He load. If you'd like to join in the night hours this saftly you pick up the dog and bone city weekes Hart goos call us on the bone, so he's.
Speaker 3: Voice like a friendly.
Speaker 4: Brings the country close across this slam over no.
Speaker 5: Shed.
Speaker 1: We welcome everybody through a tired double A in Adelaida the great radio station three AW right here in Melbourne where it is. Thank you to Dennis and the great team Mettroy and wonderful the whole production team out there. They're just amazing people. If you'd like to join the program, and now's a really good time one double three six nine three six PR Hello to you as well.
Speaker 4: Midnighto safreem City wakes Hot Goes Num.
Speaker 3: Tones voics like a friendly brings the country close across the land.
Speaker 1: Overnight, overnight. I'm got to tell you it's an interesting day Wednesday, twenty fifth of June, or not quite there yet of course for Adelaide and w A, but not that far away. The reason I mentioned that is one of the all time most love performers that you and I grew up knowing and watching in at least two great TV series having a birthday today. This particular person is turning one one hundred, one hundred today. Who is it. We'll let you know very shortly. Adie, morning, Good morning, Tony and Jay. To see the petrol prices yesterday, one side of town up to about two ten too fifteen in some places, the other side around more probably where you are you look at it, and still hovering around that sort of one fifty five one sixty three round that price board.
Speaker 7: But amazing exactly what I was going to talk to you about. Because of this Iran creachity going on with the war and everything, they suggesting on the news that they're going to go up in six weeks up to two thirty eight, even up to two fifty three A leader ooh.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's probably one of the things we're going to be cautious about as to whether or that does happen, and be aware that it's a possibility. How here we are the twenty fifth How can it possibly work out that just in twenty four hours and or less almost one side of the great city of Melbourne, for example. And I haven't had any reports coming in from Adelaide or wa as to whether or not they've had any increases. But how can it be retailing as some places for eighty cents a later more?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm certain I'll find passing buyers. I normally always do an advice to community where it is the cheapest. It's not fair. Everyone gets ripped off with that amount. It's atrocious. It's not right, is it? So it's just not good?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know whether it's a ripoff, but just that well, maybe it is. But how does it work that in one part of this great city it's that price, another part of the city it's that price.
Speaker 7: Well, when I was guarding Williamstown metroiler, there'll be a lady to finished work, and she came all the way from Carolina Springs before because it was all two thirty at one stage, and it was at least one thirty at Metro Williamstown. So a lot of travel that price, you would travel, but not for a few cents more. It doesn't make sense. No, but for a signific amount it would anyway, if you don't mind. You were raise it. You raised about first cars yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about those first cars. What it was and and the other take to that is how much you paid for it and who paid for it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: I saved up for my own car. The first was the first and the very best. I heard a gentleman talking about Hultor hq Manaro V eight two four three sedan. When exhaust the beast mold came. We didn't gave one park in Tiger, but sadly got stole. But it was the best car I ever had.
Speaker 1: What was the Keller?
Speaker 7: A Cruic white had a Cruick white and white bars the highway patrol whom I knew you would pull me over, and see we did pull Jave, not because you've done anything wrong. We love the paint on your card.
Speaker 9: Do you want so I go?
Speaker 10: No, I don't put too much in it.
Speaker 7: I should off, as I've mentioned many times before, because it costs solen they go easy.
Speaker 11: We caart of you change your minds, did you? Unfortunately I was going to get insured, so it wasn't insured.
Speaker 1: So I get flogged and you didn't have it insured.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you know when I did security and I mentioned it before the Yeah, the Monaro went for one hundred and ninety five grand.
Speaker 1: And if it only you'd had it insured, you'd be you'd be a wealthy lead.
Speaker 7: Today, life goes on. I've got a good run out, but at least.
Speaker 1: Stew Ball was a race horse. Bless your heart and soul. Thank you, Arthur. You've kicked it off beautifully for us. If you'd like to jump on board, you can do that as well. It's open line this morning. Having said that, we're going to talk to the family. It's a great family owned business called Cold Express. Cold Express the letter x pore doubles family owned operator, refrigerator transport, cold storage company. You find out more about that with the CEO and the chief operating officer. Will do that very shortly. Looking forward to catching up Allison. Morning, mommy, how are you really well? Thank you for asking him?
Speaker 12: Fantastic, good, good, excellent.
Speaker 13: So I'd just like to tell you a couple of things about ferrets.
Speaker 1: Ferrets. That's the funniest intro I've ever had to a talkback caller. Hello there, I'd just like to tell you a couple of things about ferrets. Well, thank you, professor. What do I need to know about ferrets?
Speaker 13: Well, I've got hospital points. They're escape artists.
Speaker 12: They're like, what's his name?
Speaker 13: The one that died in the trunk? Starts with the night, the one that died in the trunk round himself?
Speaker 1: What a ferret?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 12: No person who was a magician who died in the trunk?
Speaker 13: Going right?
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought you're talking about a ferret who himself Hondini thinking that's it.
Speaker 12: Escape artists apparently, Now, litter training didn't until it didn't exactly. Litter training with the ferret is a problem. You've got to have patience and consistency.
Speaker 13: So they really don't get it.
Speaker 12: They're playful and they like hide and seek and chase. So I don't they like a dolphin, you know, because sexually a dolphin is very promiscuous, So I don't have they like that.
Speaker 13: But you know who knows they have a.
Speaker 12: Distinct musky smell, which that would be normally off footing. Yes, yes, and what you can get commercial ferret food?
Speaker 1: No, where would you buy that? Into the pitch store bought it.
Speaker 13: I don't have a ferret, but I was thinking about butcher boys.
Speaker 12: Or pet Bhan.
Speaker 13: Yep, this commercial ferret food.
Speaker 1: So you go go in, say to the great people in Pete Manella there, I'd like to feed the ferret.
Speaker 12: Yes, and then they give you a big bag of something.
Speaker 1: They give you a big bag of a ferret food.
Speaker 16: But.
Speaker 12: Apparently highly intelligent. But yeah, I think that maintenance being married to yes, I can I can imagine.
Speaker 1: You'd rather not have the ferret, you'd rather not have the partner.
Speaker 13: I think i'd go for the ferret first, that.
Speaker 1: We'll use that. Could you say that one more time? I think i'd go for the ferret first.
Speaker 17: I think i'd go for the ferret food.
Speaker 1: I think we could use that over and over else. That's just I love your work, brilliant Karen good Moore.
Speaker 18: I like.
Speaker 19: Feeling these travels, the guitar and Q wait and all those areas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just we're got to watch.
Speaker 19: I mean, I'm not wishing, of course, but you need a straight so and it could be very devastating. So I'm know they're debuting a lot of their h traffic to Singapore and India.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got to motors due in today later today to fly from Melbourne into a Doha and I'm thinking to myself, I don't know, I don't know that I'll be wanting to do that right now.
Speaker 8: It was a.
Speaker 19: Plane went to forty in the air going through the area and I had to turn around and come back to Melbourne. Yeah, give the money throat and then they can do it again.
Speaker 1: Did you see President Trump lost? He's lost his cool, which we don't often see him do his nana like that. But it was pretty explosive, wasn't it.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean I don't see him as a great peace snaker anyway.
Speaker 1: And then anyway you think you think, you think he's a peacemaker.
Speaker 19: He's got a small pad in the but I don't see him that a huge peace snaked king of the world or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's going along well so far, Yeah, is poor.
Speaker 19: People stuck in the middle of it, like the all the kids and the mothers and the kid and that's.
Speaker 1: And that's why the little you become forlorn about this where there are We saw pictures on the news and just maybe over the weekend. I think it was little kids, and I know these things are sometimes a misinterior. The little kid says that all I get to eat now the moon is sand.
Speaker 8: Isn't it terrible?
Speaker 1: It's just terrible. And yet we think that this will be finished within days. Well, I don't know that it will be. These kids that are going through this will suffer for the rest of.
Speaker 19: Yes, and also the newborns in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Newborn So can you imagine what it's like for newborn mums and all the other ancillary issues day to day living for the most part. Put on hold, Karen, I'll let you. God, it's good to talk to you. Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to catching up with the family that runs this business called Cold Express Cold x Press x Press director of Operations. We'll talk about that next. Plenty of time for your calls. Don't leave us by ourselves one double three six nine three where everywhere right across Australia. I'm Tony mcmahus for Australia Overnight. I think it's so fair to say I've had a fascination, as I know many of you have right around Australia with business with various businesses. Well, by the way, we'll come back to calls too in just a moment. Those of you that are waiting, I promise you we'll get you in just a tick. For a long time I had a fascination with businesses, and particularly family businesses, and the love of family business started for me as not only is an idea, but the idea of what a business inside the family that the family runs and gets underway, and then the fantastic heritage that often occurs out of family businesses. The one that jumps to mind for me because he was a friend and mentor, the great David Haymes from Hames Paint based here in Victoria. Of course we're at Ballarat, wonderful family business. The kids run it now and it brings great joy to thousands of people that engage and work with that particular business. And now that one might be Cooper's Brewery in South Australia. So that gives you the idea of scale. Really. Now the consequence of that is to work pretty closely with having them on the radio to talk about some of the history behind these family businesses. One in fact, as I was doing some research, is a business called Cold Express. Two words called X the letter X. If you're looking for a word that starts with X express, thank you. They do remarkable things. Third party service, which takes the hassle out of perishable goods transportation on the line is the one and only Jack Dolosa. Jack is the chief operating officer.
Speaker 20: Jack.
Speaker 1: Good morning. It's a great story.
Speaker 8: Really.
Speaker 1: I mean here we are based in Listerfield, right here in Victoria, and you are the director of operations. What do we know about it? What do we need to know about it?
Speaker 8: Jack?
Speaker 1: In terms of how it first started?
Speaker 21: So, I've I've got my dad next to me, Tony John.
Speaker 10: I thought I'd bring the big dog on and far away.
Speaker 1: Bring the big dog on, John, big dog?
Speaker 3: Goodmore?
Speaker 1: Are you fantastic and thank you for being here? John. So presumably you were ultimately responsible, as a youngster of creating this amazing, what is now a wonderful business.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's correct. I started it in ninety eight with my uncle at the time and my wife doing some admin. Yeah, and we went from there.
Speaker 1: What was the opportunity, Jack? What were you doing up until that time?
Speaker 10: Well before that, I actually was born into business. My dad had a fruit shop and just going up going to the market, getting up three thirty in the morning. With him, I guess he instilled a good work ethic in me. And when he retired, I took it over his little shop, and I then extended it. I knocked it down, it three times bigger, and eventually I sold that shop. It was in South Caulfield, and because I had the truck, I kept the truck. And then I remember the first first week I was home. My wife said to me, what are you doing. You've been home for three days. I said that, yeah, but I've worked, you know, seven days a week for the last twenty years. I have can I have three days? And she came to with an ad newspaper people looking for, you know, truck truck drop trucks, truck drivers with trucks. So I answered the ad. I said to her, I'm just going to go and get this job, just thinking, well, of course I'm going to get it. So I went there and you know, they hired me. I had the biggest truck in the fleet at that time. It was a twelve ton truck. And then I branched out and started doing it on my own, and a friend of mine, who were known from the market, said to me, you know, I'm supply I've got a contract to supply coals with fruit packs. You know, you know, can you do my deliveries for me? And I said, well, yeah, I can, but what's involved? And he said it's got to be refrigerated and I said, look, I know nothing about it. Anyway, a few months went by and he came back to me and said, Johnny goes, I'm just you know, no one can do this thing properly. You know, there's four of us, we're all in the same boat. And he said, you know, I've got routes planned. He goes, just just take over because it's taken me away from my core business. And I said, I was just talking to my auntie one day and I said, look, I'm going to start doing this and she said, well, why don't you get your uncle to do the admin and you do the operational side. So that's how I started. I started with I started. I actually started working out of his fridge out of a twenty foot container.
Speaker 1: Twenty foot container. How many trucks now.
Speaker 10: Are john Now, we've got around one hundred and forty trucks.
Speaker 1: Wow, one hundred and forty trucks. Do you know what the beauty of what you just said in that lovely background is the role your father played in this pretty humble beginnings.
Speaker 10: I would have thought, oh yeah, yeah, you know, you know when my dad when he was doing deliveries, like they were doing home deliveries, he would, you know, to the local people that would come in, he would walk the box on his shoulders. Yeah, home deliveries because he didn't want to spend the petrol in the truck, oh, in the in the van. Yeah, that's that generation. That's what they would do. Everything was about saving, saving, saving, because they knew what it was like.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: They they grew up in just post war, so yeah, they did it tough and they were they were.
Speaker 20: The real heroes.
Speaker 1: They were the real heroes. And there are zillions of those stories right across Australia. So John, for father came from.
Speaker 10: Where my dad came from Strombly in Italy. He came over with his suitcase, owing his passage to someone who brought him over and he went to work for them in a fruit shop. For I think it was about thirty or forty cents a week back.
Speaker 1: Then thirty or forty cents a week, just post war in Melbourne, of course.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I think he started off in Hawthorne and he worked seven days a week, never had a day off. And then he met my mum and he asked just for a couple of hours off so we'd go, you know, get her an engagement ring, you know, and he was told no, you know, you can't have any time off. So Dad said, look, you know, I've more than paid my passage back to you. Now I'm leaving. And he left and he got his own little shop and that's how he started.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic. You talk about those markets in those days, John, presumably you're talking Footscraen, Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 10: Yes, Well Dad started off in the it was Victoria Market originally and then they moved over to Footscray and those.
Speaker 1: Runs that you were doing in those days, getting up at two three o'clock in the morning and do those runs, I mean there was little or no traffic. You would have presumably gone out somewhere near Dining Road.
Speaker 10: Yep, yeah, that's it. It was right next to Dining Road. The you know, the fruit market was there. I'd go in with Dad. We'd go and buy all the fruit and everything. I'd help him load up his truck and we'd go back to.
Speaker 8: The shop.
Speaker 10: We'd get back about six thirty seven o'clock, you know, we'd unload the truck, you know, or you know, and you know in school whole days there, you know, I'd go and help him.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it was you know.
Speaker 10: The worst thing was I still remember the cold mornings. Yes, you know, your hands freezing, and back then they'd get colie flowers or cabbages and the guy would stand on the back of his truck and he'd throw them to you, you know, and every time you caught one, you'd feel like your fingers were about to snap off, you know, because they were.
Speaker 1: Just full of water and ice in the depths of a cold Melbourne winter would have been chilly. Now, Johnny, I'm going to we'll do this break and I want to come back and talk to Jack. A young Jack would have been a little kid as he got any talent.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, look, yes.
Speaker 1: Well let me determine that and we'll do that straight after this. We've got John Delosa, We've got Jack Delosa. We're talking about this great straighted family. Business from Family Business Association and we'll have more of the other side of this your calls as well, come and join us. You might be somebody who's been out to those markets over the years, foot screen markets, lots of memories. Zer I would have thought markets right around Australia one double three, six nine three as you know, as I mentioned earlier, have this fascination family business right across Australia. Great Family Business Association. We've been talking to John Deloser, the CEO and founder if you like, of Cold Express. Chief operation operating officer is Jack Young, Jack the Loser. No pressure there, Jack's so, I guess in a sense you'd be when you hear those stories and no doubt you've heard them before from Dad John and those very early humble beginnings of grandfather. Do they resonate with you in your day to day activities now as a leader inside this great business.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean the value that you know Non Lord put through Dad. These Dad's put that through us kids. So I'm one of four siblings and three of us work in the business and it plays a huge impact on how we carry our business culture that we do in our family business.
Speaker 22: If you look at like you know now that when people come to see us for meetings at our had office, we have literally as you walk into our meeting room, we've decked out well I like.
Speaker 21: To call the root room, which is basically, you know, all all the memorabilia, like the roots got the roots of the business. Okay, different generations things make different things.
Speaker 23: They do.
Speaker 10: So that's that's that's where.
Speaker 21: That's where everything turns from from us. So that's it's in our business and run our business.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, many of us want to come around and visit it. Know what I'm saying, I gotta I gotta think that the the heritage of the You say the siblings, and I guess do you look to the next gen or is it too early to the next gen? Do the kids come in as you did Jack when you were little. Do the little tackers now coming grandchildren John presumably and just have a look around. What's grandpa doing, what's dad Jack doing?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well Jack's got three three girls.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I've got three girls under three, three, under three, three, two and six months. So that's that's They're a long time away from that.
Speaker 10: But they do like jumping in the little Mercedes Benz by cars and driving them around at shows and things. Yeah, so they're the sale of the century girls on those vehicles.
Speaker 1: I guess the sale of the century girls on that. It's very funny. So to either you John and or Jack the challenges in the current climate, what do they look like? How do they show up for you? Because this is not this is because you've been doing well. This doesn't guarantee the next five, ten, fifteen years can instantly be really come to it's a working great question.
Speaker 10: Great question because you know, this year we've seen a number of really good transport companies, companies in our industry. Yeah, family that have been around for fifty or years. Yeah, well Don Watson's was around seventy seven odd years and they.
Speaker 20: Did it right.
Speaker 10: You know, they they treated their staff right, they everything was done right. It's just it's almost like it's a race to the bottom. People undercutting.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's.
Speaker 10: Hard, especially with all the new taxes and you know land tax. You know, I could spend half an hour talking.
Speaker 1: About it's all it is.
Speaker 10: We've gone from a few years back on one of the sites, eighty three thousand dollars for the year to I just got it a few months back, four hundred and two thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, that's just bulltish, yep.
Speaker 10: Yep, And that's you know, how does a family you know pay those things? I mean, we have to pass the class on and then people wonder why their groceries are getting expensive. You know, the government should be looking after businesses because if they give us taxes, get rid of payroll tax, which is another story, get rid of that. Let you know, if we had more money, we would actually what the businesses do, family businesses, they reinvest in their own business. They put back into the community. And that's what some people just don't understand. But the answer is not tax the businesses. You know, com people think, oh, you've got a business, you're you know, you're raking it. You know, you're making so much money you don't know what to do with it. So many businesses that I know the principles don't even take wages.
Speaker 1: No, they don't. And my great friend and mentor I mentioned earlier was David Hames. I think you would probably know the Hames family from Family Business Association. One of the things David would say, you've got one hundred and forty trucks, one hundred and forty families just in that sector of your business. One hundred and forty plus families that rely on you to continue in business.
Speaker 20: Correct.
Speaker 10: And then there's fifty odd storman yep. And then there's all the office staff and yeah, yeah, about to fifty yeah.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and fifty different families who have still got to pay operating and working with you very closely, presumably proud to do so. And they got to pay school fees.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and put food on the table.
Speaker 1: And put food on the table. It's a lovely story. I wish we had a bit more time, except to say the challenges for the future. Could you see a clearing? Is it about? Is it about having? One of the reasons we do this is to give people a sense of what the power that family business in Australia has.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Look, look I've got my ways of doing things a little bit old fashioned. Probably Jack's got his way of doing things, which I don't always agree. I mean, he came to me a number of months back he said, our dad, you know, I want to do a podcast, And I laughed at him and he goes, do you want to do.
Speaker 23: It with me?
Speaker 10: And know, Alex, you know the other the other boy that's in the family, that's in the business. And I said, no, no, you guys go ahead and do it. And you go, Dad, why wouldn't you want to do something with your two sons, you know, the old guilt trip, the old Italian guilt trip. And I said, yeah, okay, we'll do it. And yeah, I've got to say I'm actually enjoying it. Where you know, we just talk about businesses. It's called the c X Show.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it's all about put showing a lot of family businesses that don't get spot while they deserve.
Speaker 10: They do great in their communities. It's not about the big guys. We like to focus on the smaller, the smaller to medium sized businesses that always get overlooked.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 21: I think in this danage you have to be folks. We have to be doing things differently, and you know where that's a lot through tech innovation as well as you know, marketing. I think you really need to be out there doing that sort of stuff today's.
Speaker 1: Days, John as founder CEO and then working with Jack, Alex and the rest of the family. Do you at some point in your own mind and say, at what point do I let go? That is a challenge of family business across Australia.
Speaker 10: You know, Tony, you know I'm laughing because I said that two years ago. I said, you know, I'm going to step back. You guys are going to you know, takeover. I'll come in maybe once every couple of weeks. And I started scaling back to three times a week. And then I went overseas with my wife. And while I'm overseas, Jack said to me, Dad, you know the block just on the other corners come up for sale. So we ended up buying that other block because we'd run out of room where we are and come back and now all of a sudden, I'm seven days a week again, so getting that off the ground. But that's it's up and running now. So yeah, I guess from a forty foot container, we've got just under fifty thousand square meters now across the two sites in Roval.
Speaker 20: We're in Roval.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are in Roval, which is the area to be for that is sort of a business. I can't thank you enough for both staying up nice and late and do this, and we wish you well in the future. You and I have not met, but I hope we do at some point John and Jack.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm sure we will.
Speaker 1: We will wish you well with the success of the business, a continued success. It doesn't come easy, as the old song goes, but it's a brand that is very, very important. Cold Express just what I've been talking of a text. How important are the drivers to you? And have we got enough drivers? And what are the challenges around drivers as we need them to love them today?
Speaker 10: Yeah, look, it's you Ask any person in business, the biggest challenge is getting good staff. Prior to COVID, You know that they were really all the stuff we had were terrific. Then COVID hit and we could not get people to work. A lot of them had to go back overseas. Know, we have a lot of people from overseas working and all of a sudden there's a shortage, and the ones that remain were basically well no, you know, you tell ask them to do something and say no, we don't want to do that, and we couldn't move them on because we needed them. And that still like took a good two to three years to get on top of it.
Speaker 21: Definitely gotten better now, but as data saying, the quality isn't is there before that, But the's something that we're we're working on and we have a pretty good The quality where you've.
Speaker 10: Got now is good because they might be listening.
Speaker 1: They will be on night Yift. What are they talking about. I'll let you both go great to talk them. We'll do it and catch up at some point down the track, I hope. See that's John Delossa and Jack Delosa. What a business family business associated is called cold Express Family business Association. Nice every company wherever you are, right around Australia for Australia overnight to Tony McManus. So let's go back to some of these great calls. James morning.
Speaker 25: Was sad hear that Mike mixed her far I forget his name from Bad Company passed away.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. We'll just do a double check. When did that happen?
Speaker 23: Monday?
Speaker 1: Just in this week?
Speaker 25: Yeah, Adi won He was guitarist.
Speaker 1: What a what a band? They were, Bad Company and they turned out some hits, didn't they in the sixties into the seventies. Bad Company? Did they record on the Apple labeled? James? I think they did, didn't they?
Speaker 25: I'm not sure on that one, Tony, I can't help you on that one. What I do know about him is he had a strike back in twenty sixteen on what what was to be like? Is you know, the last tour and say he's been bedridden since twenty sixteen, all those years.
Speaker 20: But you know, I.
Speaker 25: Spoke to my other half and I said if I was if that was me, I would say, put me out of my misery, mate, I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 8: Do one more day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of us. It's a bad quality of life, isn't it.
Speaker 25: Yeah, just you know, I mean, you know, I know he's got family and everyone, he's still alive. But yeah, like I said, it's quantity, not quality.
Speaker 1: Another big birthday today that you'd be interested in. David Peik. You might remember David pay keyboard vocalist with Toto. He's a birthday good today. Seventy one. He wrote, hold the line and if you don't mind Africa Africa, Okay that's the one.
Speaker 25: Yeah, and tell you for I go? Can you please play? I can't get enough of your love?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we might, we might, We might a bit later on James, it's it's I'll write it down and so you can get to it a bit later on. Always good to talk to you. Thank you, Jimmy morning.
Speaker 23: Good morning, Tony and Jay. When you said someone's turning one hundred, you're not talking about Dick Van Dyka, are you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, but you're not far away in that sense. Let me put you out your misery at June Lockhart Lost in Space, Lost in Space, and prior to that, I think in Lassie.
Speaker 23: Yes, she was the man. She was in quite a few other things too.
Speaker 1: She did from fifty five through until sixty four. She was the second one. Maybe played the role as a step mom from memory maybe. Anyway, she was in Lassie for a long time, and then from sixty eight to seventy was in Petticoat Junction as well, and then Lost in Space in between there as well, from sixty five to sixty eight.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Petticoat Junction, well, one of my mine and Arthur's favorite shows. Maybe you can play the musical.
Speaker 1: Journal lockup today and she's one hundred today, Jim.
Speaker 23: Yeah, unbelievable. And also Tony Ill was wondering if you know how John's going. That used to be on with the Rest in the Mornings.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. Haven't heard from John for a little while, but I'll tell you what. We'll see if we can find out and see what we can I'm sure, he said. Tune in from time to time. Always talk to you. Always good to talk kid, Jimmy, do you want to do a break? Is that what you're doing to me? No, we're not, Markey makey. Good morning to you.
Speaker 26: Make How did I tell you?
Speaker 27: How are you going here this morning?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really good thing you make and yourself good this money?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 27: Colin asked you. It was to my paces is tom from at you?
Speaker 1: You'd like to come over for a barbecue?
Speaker 27: I was only anybody would like to come over in my place for a barbecue?
Speaker 1: Over to your house for a barbecue. When's the barbecue? And what do we bring? Mark?
Speaker 10: It's going to be tomorrow.
Speaker 27: I get paid tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We will yourself and we all love around to your house for the barbecue. What sort of sausages will we have?
Speaker 27: I'm just having beef and chicken and a herd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fantastic fresh bread, hamburgers.
Speaker 27: Yes, hamburgers, stress bread mushing and check it with Colestal and then with some.
Speaker 1: Cole salore in there, and maybe some tomato sauce and maybe any time it.
Speaker 27: Want us to come to my place and have some tomato sous you can.
Speaker 1: That would be lovely. That would be very kind of you. What time does it to start off?
Speaker 27: I don't have to said that night time. It doesn't know what anyone comes tonight.
Speaker 1: So it's lunch, it's dinner, not lunch.
Speaker 27: It's actually going to be a dinner, late night dinner for everyone. J A W If I wanted to come, well, it might be a.
Speaker 1: Bit too cold at night for a many of us. Market we were thinking maybe lunch. We would be there, dinners, dinners. Not quite this time of the year. It's not quite adviting. Yes, I understand it, Mark, Could we do it maybe another time later in the year. Will all come around and.
Speaker 27: The biggest sanatary?
Speaker 20: A W.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are.
Speaker 27: Everything that I do at my house, and I wanted to see what I love about me with you guys.
Speaker 1: Would there be any drinks? Would we bring our own drinks?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 12: No, no, all.
Speaker 27: I have all the soft drink in the world.
Speaker 1: O soft drink. What if we wanted to have maybe something, you know, a little more exciting. Maybe I'll have to say that you can.
Speaker 27: I'm a doctor. I wanted to know what is going on with people and alcohol. You can if someone's bringing any chance that you can definitely bring that with me.
Speaker 1: I'm allowed to have a hear you could have a little maybe a little glass of something, just just the one.
Speaker 14: With the song I'm giving myself in trouble, just with the sausage.
Speaker 27: Absolutely, I wanted to say something like that myself, but I'm sorry to bother you tonight everyone's visit w I'm busy too, and I'll be ready to have a botherecue when everyone's ready.
Speaker 1: Good on you, Mark, and thank you for that very kind, generous invitation. Much appreciated. Mark Riga is a contributor. He's well, I won't give the address now because people might lob up thinking that we're still invited, but we might do it maybe in the warmer months. Jay, would you like to accompany me as we definitely would you? It's b yo barbecue, Yeah, barbecue, b yo, Yes. I would you bring a cheeky little what look out, A couple of corona, A couple of corona, couple of slices of lime, RUMs you put the lamb into cookingu and d we will do this when we come back. Your calls as well we'll recalibrate for the next hour because the one and only Rick Milner will be here with us and as you know, he loves trash your job. Should you choose to accept it now? Notice we put him forward a one hour Should you choose to accept it? To go it? And there might be something in your cupboard. There might be something in the third draw down. You've got something tucked away in the garage in that spare room. There's a whole lot of stuff in there. You don't even know what it is. Could it be worth something? Go and have a look. Join me after the news. Rick Milner Antiques and Collectibles part of Australia Revenue. How wonderful Gabe Hodson is in our Australia Overnight newsroom. There in so much news happening in the world.
Speaker 8: Haws.
Speaker 1: He's going to waggle that into three and a half minutes. Only Gabe will be able to do it. Tony asking for a friend, Hawthorne Footy Club, Waverley Parker dollar has now sold back to the AFL of plenty plenty plenty capital, gain stamp duty, land tax. Who knows Bruno is the answer? Be interested to find out what the original deal was and how it's all unfolded. I would have no idea, but thank you for asking. There would be people that would have been all over that with a fine tooth, I would have thought. And you're asking me to select a wine, Ronnie. We will do that coming up in the next hour.
Speaker 5: This is Australia Overnight with Tiny McManus.
Speaker 1: Interesting little text that I got here. It says, Tony, nice to hear your voice on the wireless. Need your help. I'm not a wine drinker. Need a good white wine right about that fifty dollars mark. It's for a gift. This is for a person I don't know a lot about wine. This person she really likes white wine. Have I got something really interesting for you? May I respectfully suggest that you go to your local dan and fine, there's a couple of great options. Look for Stonia. I'll write it down st n I E. I have nothing to do with them except that I happened to do a tasting last weekend at merricks Down on the morning to Peninsula Stonia will be about thirty two thirty five dollars a bottle, I would imagine, but cracking, cheeky little Shadi if that takes your fancy. Then you could go to all sorts of really interesting places you could go to. I'm just thinking where else might be nice for you? What about? What about I had the Stonia in the other one? Oh, I know what it was? A luin a state. If you go into the aforementioned dance Luin a State from w way beautiful, some of the best wines cabinet and Chardonnay ever out of wa Luin a State and ran about that thirty five to forty so well inside your fifty dollar budget.
Speaker 28: Five o'clock won't work.
Speaker 5: Then I broken umbraa a rusty.
Speaker 1: From we say here on Australia Open Night. Let us do the thinking for you what we do why love track show? Look who it is Rick mill Ant Collectibles Morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Kenny.
Speaker 1: Let us do think you?
Speaker 8: I have to say you better spill for that for that person. If your Luin because not l e w y n it's a very unusual spelling.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it is a luin estate. Wines which have been doing some wonderful things. That it's l e e u l e e u w a in luin estate.
Speaker 8: They it's spilled L Yeah, L E E u w A in and it's good. That's good w A one. You're quite right with the beautiful w A wine.
Speaker 1: And then I mean at that price point for what they do in their Chardonnays and their entry level cabinet for example, and you can spend a lot more, but as a entry point it is a cracking wine.
Speaker 8: Helloa too. As a matter of fact, if it comes to that.
Speaker 1: What's some good wines in South Australia, some stunning wines in stunning wines in South Well, they've got so much which the McLaren You've got your Cuna warr, you've got your clear and you've got your great, beautiful, juicy, big red wines from the Barossa.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 1: So much wine, so very and then we're all going to die and we go I wish, I wish I'd had a taste of that, and it'll be way too late. Lots of people we jump on board. Don't leave us here, as we always say, don't leave us until the last moment. We get a whole bank of calls, run a bit, tend to the jump on nice and early one double three six, nine to three. The great brand that you and I know and love for many a year. Is the brand and it's a nubts and it's Apostrophe.
Speaker 8: I love she started way back of all places in Newcastle, that's what that was their very first and it's called the Arnot's Steam Biscuit Factory.
Speaker 1: Was it really? And it's a steam biscuit steam.
Speaker 8: I have no idea what steam pack and that's I suppose how they reduce them at the time, I don't know. But this is a lovely one little girl and she's got a catching the pack and this is a great catch and it's really early, a very early one. I would think probably not, I'd have I guess the nineteen twenties. What do you reckon? That sort of feels like it doesn't.
Speaker 1: That w You can look at the way she's dressed, if I can just share, So she got a lovely dress on, gorgeous looking. Think you'd only be maybe eight nine in that she's playing with the box of biscuits or throwing it in the air, and her hair is so beautifully done. We don't see that anywhere near as often as we once did.
Speaker 8: No, I would say probably Narine. I'll guess nineteen twenties and are very rare and of course, and probably I'll look, it's hard to say it a thousand. Perhaps I wouldn't be surprised it is because it's cardboard, and cardboard was destroyed and you got damaged into her forth so rather than the enamel signs which will last forever. But cardboard didn't quite so much as a big higher failure rate, so therefore they tend to be a bit more expensive. So I'd think certainly heading that way at least now with many hundred.
Speaker 1: Special I haven't done any sufficient research, but I'm thinking, was it there not a relationship at some point between it and Brockoff.
Speaker 8: Brockoff was a Melbourne brand from Port Melbourne and the fellow who owned it his name was Jack Brockoff, with one of Melbourne's first flying trippers.
Speaker 20: He was.
Speaker 8: He gave a large part of his fortune away. They may have joined up in you know, later times. I really don't. I don't recall exact I think they probably.
Speaker 1: I think may well have taken them out, That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 8: But yeah, because you don't see Brokoff anymore. But anyway, they were, so there we are. So that's that's a nice little story that one.
Speaker 1: Yeez, let's take a couple of these calls. We don't want to live in? Why don't we do? Gregg's in shot in the morning, Grego.
Speaker 8: Guys, how can we help it?
Speaker 7: Rick in books?
Speaker 8: You don't do. But I've got a Rosawa of guards. Yeah, and hand WelCom and Armstrong Silly Sapphire, how about that that's a while ago? Well we right about him for a car, really strong Siddley Sapphire. Would you get fifty for that? And I assume it's going to be in pretty reasonable condition because often when people had the handbooks, they they used to use them when they did a bit of repairs, and sometimes they get a bit of a bit of oil and so forth on them. I assume yours is nice and clean. And if it is, there are people they're not bad, but you've got to remember that it's been used to bits so to here, so there's a few little marks here and there on it. Yeah. Well, I've got to tell you there'd be people salivating about this, and because they've probably somebody out there's got I'd love a handbook. I would love so I would suit Yester these days probably then for something like that, to be honest about it. I don't recall that, the Sapphire, I really don't recall it. What year can you tell me?
Speaker 20: I have to be.
Speaker 8: Tee.
Speaker 1: It's got to go back just post war.
Speaker 8: I would have thought, were sure, yeah, I reckon. I would say one hundred plus, and it could be a bit more than one hundred plus. It could be heading towards a couple of hundred. So it's a bit of a bitty glen and there would be people out there looking for that one. For sure.
Speaker 1: We had an armstrong Greg, thank you. We had an armstrong Siddeley at home. That is Dad found one back and this is going back in the mid sixties. Board at home we had one of those little car ports, so we put it up. He took the engine out. He had that ability would take the engine out at night. He would repair the engine and rebuild it would take some weeks to rebuild it using a Lathe put it all back in then completely, you know, do the car, polish it all our brand new wheels and all that sort of stuff, brand new tires, and then sell it for then. In those days the margins were not massive, surprisingly, but it was enough to pay the school fees for that term.
Speaker 8: And he just he was will he was a master.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and he loved them the arms strong, silly black, beautiful black, big juicy car. It was just gorgeous, quite a beauty. You say that, we'll come back, plenty of calls one double three sixty nine three. You can jump in as well, Come and join us, Tony McManus. Rick Milne is here, its antiques and collectibles. But don't leave us by ourselves. And because what happens is I always say, we all say it each and every week we get to a round about ten to the hour and the phone disappears, and we don't get to all the calls one double three six nine three getting nice and early Milne antiques and collectibles all part of Australia. Every night we catch up with Rick nationally on the program. And now we do that in what we call the one o'clock hour. For those in other parts of Australia, for example, you would be tuning in soon after twelve thirty would be the time for Rick Milner, and in Wa you'll be listening soon after ten thirty. I've got that right, Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think so.
Speaker 1: So you've got the gist of it. Rick Milner is a regular contributor and has been for many many a year now. The F one movie, I don't know, we've been following this, Rick Milton gets underway. I think it's been released tomorrow. One of the fascinating things about this is that it's been heavily sponsored, if you like, by because it's about F one, it's been heavily sponsored by a watch manufacturer. Yes, it all links in. And so if I said to you, what was one of the first film's first movies that heavily linked in a watch to the film to the movie or the the series of films as it turned out in the end, what would you imaginally easily think of.
Speaker 8: Now that's a pretty good question, hm hm, bond rely, pretty good question. It would have been I saw him as going back years and years ago. It was about a racing car driver who got I think he got a terminal illness. And I have a feeling it might have featured a very young who was somebody has become very famous since. And anyway, it was racing car driver and they and he was timed in his in his in his races, but he got he had he suffered a terminals it was called Bobby Deerfield.
Speaker 1: Bobby Deerfield, Yes, and I.
Speaker 8: It featured somebody who's very famous now who's done lots and lots of movies, which is I think one of his first films. Look it up, Bobby Deerfield.
Speaker 1: Bobby Deerfield. I will the movie f Won, the movie that's inspired by f one registered the movie. It's heavily promoted by i WC. I WC watches and they've got various versions that have been featured in the movie. The pilots watch, the pilots watch Chronograph, the big pilots watch Shock Absorber to Beyond Skeleton, which would be amazing. Plenty of money for that, I wouldn't think, and the pilot watcher performance Chronograph, perpetual calendar, digital date month, a lot of money for those wonderful pieces from IWC. How do I know that? I've just been sent an email from the good people that IWC.
Speaker 8: I wonder. So was it like product placement?
Speaker 1: It is, Yeah, it would be.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Imagine it would be product placement massively, I would have thought, and they'd be spending a lot of money because Apple's done the movie itself with Brad Pitt I've noticed.
Speaker 8: They've done that previously with things like breakfasts or something a manner of things that they placed delicately. In fact, it was one definitely done by Royal Dalton and that was something like a bulldog or something that was on a desk in one of the one of the James Bond movies, as I record, and it took off. It started selling phenomenally after the movie came out. People saw this thing and said, wow, I love it, I want to buy one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was the same thing with Aston Martin and Bond all those years ago. I mean they were so intrinsically linked forever. Aston and James Bond were one and the same early watch wearing was his role leg So I think in very early Bond movies years later, Lega said well we want to slice that pie. So they poured in and became very closely linked with Bond films.
Speaker 8: That's amazing how they ask what they call product placement and the people who who pay for it pay a a large amount of money. I know. That's definitely that Roald Dalton did with this, this one that was I'm pretty sure it was one that featured that English actress that very famous english woman who appeared in quite a few of those sort of films, And and it was on the desk and they've come into the place and they said, oh, look isn't it that looks beautiful? They may mention of it. Wow. That's was that of success.
Speaker 1: Huge And it was the actor you were thinking of, El Pacino.
Speaker 8: Yes, what there you go?
Speaker 1: The good doctor just said to text through El Pacino. Thank you, good doctor el Pacino. So what do you would that have been in that film that you mentioned?
Speaker 8: That would be oh, at least see I'll say thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: There you go, Justin and Frankston, what do you got for it? Hello?
Speaker 29: Hey, tiny Mac, how are you mate?
Speaker 1: What have you got?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 13: So I've got something very rare.
Speaker 29: I've got a nineteen eighty eight fifty cent coin from Australia. But on the reverse it's got what looks to be like a sailing ship and it's got Australia seventeen eighty eight to nineteen eighty eight, and it's actually got Australia as New Holland.
Speaker 1: There it is the nineteen eighty eight commemorative coin.
Speaker 30: Presumable they were a commemorative coin and it was one that was available. And look, they've done hundreds of fifty cent coins with all manner of things. On the reverse, it is from nineteen eighty eight rather than seventeen.
Speaker 8: Eighty eight, of course, wasn't it. Yeah, And it'll be just a coin from that year, justin it will. It won't be one of a kind they've done. In fact, the very first fifty coin we had was a round one circular one in nine sixty six. That's worth a bit of money, ten to fifteen dollars. But it sounds like it should be with a lot of money, but it's not. So there we are. There's the story.
Speaker 1: Good I knew. Thank you for that.
Speaker 8: Justin.
Speaker 1: It's interesting too. Just going back to the watches for a moment, Rick, is that some of those big Swiss watchmakers now will release a piece, but it will be a limited release, so they may only do fifty five or ninety pieces for worldwide, so they all become very collectible just because there are so few of them being released to the public.
Speaker 8: I don't like that. I've never liked it. And I'm not necessarily talking about watches. I'm talking about anything that they release just a handful of to to make up a vast amount of money, because that's exactly what happens. It is, and I'm not for it. I think not quite right. What do you do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not a collector of that sort of those sort of price points obviously, but for those that are, that becomes important. So if we're all X for example, or IWC for the matter, doing a release, chances are it could be an extraordinary piece, particularly crafted to maybe even wrap around an event or in this case of film, and then people will want to get their hands on it very very quickly.
Speaker 8: How it travel is. The only people who end up with those things are rich people.
Speaker 1: Well, because they go into the market that those price points. I mean, there's not too many people around that are going to spend fifty sixty hundred or one hundred and fifty thousand or more sometimes for something that desirable. Yeah, yes, and you're right, And I just ask Russell Crosse.
Speaker 8: I've never quite I do understand limited editions, and I'd rather have, you know, I'd rather have fifty of something than twenty five thousand of something they still call limited editions if you don't mind a dumbline empire. So you know, really I get it that I kind of with something like that worldwide, it really becomes something that a little toy for rich people, isn't it ready?
Speaker 1: Nicholas Brunswick, So hello to Rick Milton. Good morning, Nico.
Speaker 20: Yeah, well, got in front of me.
Speaker 31: It's the Victoria Racing Club Coronation and Birthday meeting on Friday. Sorry, first day, Tuesday of second of June. Official program Might Steen fifty.
Speaker 8: Three, nineteen fifty three.
Speaker 31: Did you say, yeah, Elizabeth Coronation and Birthday Meeting.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, Look, the earlier race books do so rather well. In fact, I have somebody's a race book Collctor. In fact, when when we get to it, it's one thing I was goet I mentioned there's race books. So there are people who collect touch things, Nicholas, and you've just got the one, have you.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it's it's it's about the size of a.
Speaker 8: I know what I know. I know what they are. I'm a I'm a racing person, so I do know that. I do know it. And it's from nineteen fifty three. From it was to do with the coronation.
Speaker 31: Was it on the front of it, It's got the crown at the top it's got the Victoria Racing Club a crown underneath it. Elizabeth R. Yeah, that coronation and birthday meeting on Tuesday the second of June nineteen fifty three.
Speaker 8: That's a good eat. That's probably worth somewhere about around about three hundred. It's a rather as shame you've done some others, Nicolas, because all that I have to say that will be worth more than others from around about that time. But nonetheless, somebody, generally speaking, when somebody has one race book, they've got one hundred and one race books, but you just get the one. It's been passed the ice haven't been passed down through the family, has it? It has? Yeah?
Speaker 31: Just looking here at race four three Coronation Cup. Remember this horse Durham.
Speaker 1: Durham.
Speaker 31: Yeah, well so that's the top wide in race number four and that was at three twenty pm the Coronation Cup. So it's the full book and it's nearly mint condition.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well there you go. I've to giving you a price. I hope that's some help to you. Nicholas.
Speaker 1: Good on, Nicholas, thank you for being part of the program. We'll do this when we come back here. Plenty of time vehicles jump on board Rick Milne at his Antiques and collectibles one double three six nine three, Good morning, good I where have you are? Right across Australia. Nice to have yours joined the program. Lck Milne is on a little earlier than usual because I think we used to do it too. Now we do it at one o'clock right around Australia, if you'd like to be part of it. One double three six nine three d whine improves with age and the white liquid not so much Bruno, not quite true, but thank you for that contribution. Another one says, what was the joke that has brock Off as a punch line? I don't know. I wonder if anybody else knows, Rick, what was the joke that had brock Off as the punchline?
Speaker 8: I don't know that one, and it sounds like it might mightn't be the sort of thing we talk about.
Speaker 17: Radio be wrong about that.
Speaker 1: That's that's by the way.
Speaker 8: I should mention Toney, you've mean mentioned in dispatches. I would have to do a little gig with a little spot with Jackie Colgate and I did so. They rang and said, could you do a little story here? I said, yeah, sure, happy to do it, just for.
Speaker 1: Those for those around Australia.
Speaker 8: Jackie felt a good mention there.
Speaker 1: That's very kind, just for those around Australia. Jackie Felgate is the host of the Drive program on three a W here in Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I should have mentioned that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's fine and so so my name came up from jack and your good self.
Speaker 8: So I introduced me and I said, well, I do a program with Donny McManus and another spot with Simon and Andrew and yeah, you did get a mention in there. There we go, very.
Speaker 1: Kind, Maryland and Franks in the morning.
Speaker 32: Your money tiny goes money. If you're telling me I have a cut of rolltop desk, Is there any value in these anymore? With the bean brown furniture?
Speaker 33: I need to get rid of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look there is. And I'll tell you what I'd ask you to do. Maryland. I'll put you in touch with somebody if you call me. Rather than me giving out one hundred phone numbers, I'll just give out mine. And if you'd like to give us a call after well in the morning, so we'll see ten o'clock Eastern Australian Time, eight o'clock West Australian time, Maryland. If you'd like to, I'll give you my number and I can't put you touch. The number is zero four one eight mm hm three three nine h one zero three And this interest I remember my grandfather had one of those. I loved it, those roll top desks. How about that? Yep? So anyway if you do that.
Speaker 32: Yes, this was my grandfathers. It's timed to downsize.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, I blame itl What what age approximately do you think that might be? Marylyn?
Speaker 32: I would have to be over one hundred years old. My grandfather got it from the old town that I come from. It was the doctor's desk.
Speaker 8: Well how about that? Well my grandfather had one too, how about that? That's that's a good story. But yet be able to help Maryland for sure? Or if you give us a call and I've got you got the number? So after ten if you don't.
Speaker 1: Mind, Maryland's a great from What were they made? Do we know, Rickle? Did they have various level of timber to make.
Speaker 8: Those bell tell you an interesting story. Some of them had underneath made by Commonwealth hands, in other words, made by can we say white hands? That's what they were saying, because at the time they were also making them in Japan and so forth. But it was a bit of the racious side, but that's how it was in those days. And they did actually say it had well and say it. There was a little little sign on the bottom of the back that said made like common Wealth hands hands, you know, Commonwealth labor.
Speaker 1: Do you go, huey crazy? Really hueye in Gaula, good morning.
Speaker 17: Good morning?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 8: How can we help you?
Speaker 34: I rang before to talk about June lock up, but you still on my thunder, So now I'm talking about my antique.
Speaker 24: That I have.
Speaker 34: It's a metal I'm not sure what sort of metal for this teapot set. I think it may be made of pewter. I'm not sure. Yeah, but it was made in England by Elworthy and Sons.
Speaker 8: Is it quite ornate, yeah, very Yeah.
Speaker 23: It's got a.
Speaker 34: A lead on the teapot which.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I know all about it. I hate to tell you this, yere wee, but they're almost unsellable. These those people don't never use them. When I bet you've never used it.
Speaker 34: Now, it's never been used.
Speaker 8: It's been in the family, nobody. It's a teapot that nobody ever uses. They're heavy and they're sort of just a heavy metal, really heavy metal. Very they're very ornate. But there's.
Speaker 34: Also a milk jag and a little sugar bowl as well.
Speaker 8: They're often they're often together. Look they're they're not quite so bad. The the look a lot about one hundred bucks of the lot. I have to tell you, they're not. They're just nobody ever uses them.
Speaker 34: They just they never it anyway because it's just been in the family for so long.
Speaker 8: Of course, it's always a way. But you know, if I have a teapot, frankly that teapot, I like to use it, you know, and I get it. I do understand why it stays in the family, and it'll stay. It should stay in the family, and it will be it'll be passed down through the generations and that'll sit there and and you you can't do much with fewter You can't clean it up. It doesn't it's not a little silmo one that doesn't work. It's a much heavier metal than that. But they are very, very often, very ornate. They look great, but they're just they're just people don't ever use them. Just one of those things.
Speaker 7: Paid for me.
Speaker 34: He bought it as a church fair, and in nineteen sixty five he paid hilling for.
Speaker 8: It, right, one shilling. Well, by the way we might explain, one shilling is kind of the equivalent of ten cents, but of course it's worth a lot more. It was worth a lot more then than ten cents is now. Probably. In other words, he's probably paid the equivalent of about five dollars.
Speaker 1: Look about what it amounts to the day I got to hue, thank you. I got to tell you though rick a kappa made in a really good pot is still a wonderful thing to be able to do.
Speaker 8: Only way to go we use, we use. We're teapop people where we drink great tyes. It happens, and we've got a robot tea button, it's got an infusier and we put two to two spoonfuls in and sort of half a one and it's just the best you've got it, and it's got to be loose to you kind of sorry, sorry folks, but don't They just don't cut it the same way.
Speaker 1: So for years I'd pined over the romance associated with land Hue Tea for nothing else had cut off all those bloody lgs and then taken good shop to pick up anyway you used to have to.
Speaker 8: You take about one hundred hundred ends off them and you end up with you end up with something like a tea towel that's worth the greatest in history. You didn't win a my s eighties.
Speaker 1: So memory is there was a little shop down the back of little Berkshire, somewhere really remote. You go in here, you've got my tea bags. Here, here's the thing. Ah right, I've got a little bowl, Thank you, and off you go. And man was really happy with it.
Speaker 8: It cost you more money to get into town and nothing's.
Speaker 1: Work on the train. But the so I lashed out and thought, well, I'll just reinvent the idea with some land sheu tea. I can't tell you how disappointing it.
Speaker 8: Was, that's true. I know somebody collected I think two hundred and ended up with a crappy old two towel.
Speaker 1: These we did by promotions. In my hot little hand. I got a wonderful photo. This is of the North Melbourne Football Club. It's a membership card.
Speaker 8: All the love this I have I've put this in on be well as a little tribute to my wife who's a kanga, has been forever and she had a big smile on her face on the weekend. So good luck to her and good luck to the cangas. It's a lovely little card. Just by the way, it's an old membership card from nineteen thirty three and they only joined into the it was then the VFL only joined in nineteen twenty five, so they didn't have a huge didn't have a huge supporter base, and they weren't very successful. The teams that came in battled for years and years and years. There was Hawthorne, North Melbourne and Footscray. They just didn't you know, for years, they were just the chopping blocks. They were the last three teams for a very long time. So as a result, because it's a rare one, it's worth about three hundred dollars, and I would imagine there's probably only who were those days. They would have had maybe two or three hundred members, that's all. And of course the big teams, the teams that were successful had been there forever. They just made mincemeat of these sort of teams and as a result there was only a very modest number of these around the place. It's a very attractive little card.
Speaker 1: Well, the revenue around membership these days is so important to measure every one of our AFL clubs. But presumably in the early thirties that would not necessarily have been the case.
Speaker 8: It was only handful, a handful of members yep, get a handful.
Speaker 35: Yep.
Speaker 8: Really, and it's changed so dramatically, and now it's just phenomenon yep, many many ways.
Speaker 1: Lots of text coming, we'll get to them in just a moment, including two hundred and forty seven thousand as saying Rick starts the program in wa eleven o'clock perth time. Thank you for all those people. I think I said ten thirty for some reason anyway, from eleven o'clock for Rick, which is one o'clock and another one in particular says Rick is now one. Any reason for that, well, only because Rick has other commitments at this time of the morning, and so we've moved Rick to one so we can have an early night. And God only knows he needs our beauty.
Speaker 8: Sleep doesn't work, but it doesn't work. It hasn't worked on all of them right down.
Speaker 1: He really needs it. We'll do this plenty of time. Jump on board, Come and join us one double three six' nine. Three you must have something tucked away in there about which we will love some. Information you can join us the other side of. This just looking at some of those great, players the one that stands out for me From North melbourne At Rick, Milne Glen.
Speaker 8: Archer number. Eleven what a. Player AND i know that no see was some. Player CAN i tell, you very very, quickly a very funny story About North norman many years. Ago the best player for the team won a ten of biscuits and he was, asked once he'd finished the tin of, biscuits could he bring the tin back so they could get their?
Speaker 1: Deposit there it, is get the tin back for the, deposit isn't?
Speaker 36: It true?
Speaker 8: Story true story of the fellow's name was Lez foot and he was quite a superstar and he had to hate the biscuits and return it because they could get their money back on the runny back on the. Tin great.
Speaker 1: Story now tell me about this tiny little. Camera it.
Speaker 8: Is it is strictly. Tiny if you put your thumb out it would be no, bigger no, bigger tiny tiny. Camera AND i think it's worth and we're getting couple hundred, dollars one hundred tow hundred. Dollars it's a really tiny and it's a it's a real, camera believe it or, not a real. Camera and the next one is even. Better how old.
Speaker 1: Would that be? THAT i, mean that looks amazing branded corn?
Speaker 8: It, YEAH i would say, Probably i'll say, thirties, thirties. Forties really, yea, amazing isn't?
Speaker 1: It't just a gorgeous piece tiny in new.
Speaker 8: Order you would have know he'd get the film into. It it wouldn't be my big lumpy. Hands they were no good trying to put the film in that little tiny. Thing and it's really no bigger than your, thumb no bigger than your.
Speaker 1: Thumb it's, amazing no bigger than my. Thumb.
Speaker 8: Yep and the next one is. Great it's a Cracker Jack harmonica's honeycombs of harmony and this little character AND i reckon he's our little.
Speaker 1: Beauty any gorgeous.
Speaker 8: Looking and by the, way that's not a huge. Sign that's that would be if you put your two hands together side by. Side that's about its, size which is. GREAT i mean the. Smaller it's a funny thing to. Say the smaller sign is the more valuable it, is because it's so much easier to place than if you've got some gigantic thing that's that fills up half the house that's going to be worth a lot lot less because it's it's, harder harder to show this One i've. SEEN i sought an antic center for fifteen hundred, dollars AND i actually do have that. One as it, HAPPENED i didn't pay that, ALL i can tell, you But i've heard it for, years and hesn't he? Is AND i think it's just a LITTLE i think it's a little sort of a sailor or the biggest smile on his? Face hasn't he just a happy little?
Speaker 1: Gus look at that mouthful of. Teeth look at?
Speaker 8: Him yeah a few, teeth haven't? We, yep?
Speaker 1: Yep you those little toys that we would GET i think literally in A wheaties, Box yes we, did where some people actually get their license from a Bloody wheaties. Box Drive, accordingly, HOWEVER i. DIGRESS i take the, point but remember, THAT i, mean as a, kid we would live for those little toys that would be wrapped in in some sort of foil or plastic or whatever it, was and you'd have to build it and put it together in a little.
Speaker 8: County let me tell you that there are two coffee table size books on the subject of those little plastic, toys and some of them if you've got some color variations of certain crater critters or what they did, tullibirds in other, words like a bird with a, saw et. Cetera if you've got a certain color one of the, variations they can be worth many hundreds of absolutely coffee table size, books huge books on those serial. Toys they were so.
Speaker 1: Good have you AND i talked about that matchbox? Cars, no we have. Not are they still desirable in any? Way?
Speaker 8: Yes they are only the ones that were made in THE. Uk you, know it's an amazing. Thing how companies why do they do? It they, think, OH i know what we can. Do we can make them in The philippines or somewhere else for a lot less. Money and as soon as they've done, that they've destroyed their. Brand and as a, result the ones from later years and where you can actually see the toys through a sort of a perspecus cover on the, front they can actually see the. Toy the early ones you couldn't see them because they were like matchboxes either. End they had a little, black little brown striker like a. Matchbox that's why they call them match and they are beautiful and the ones that were made In, england they made them beautifully and they were just something. Special and if you've got those, today especially if they're, box they sell for a very big, price very very very very big prices in some. Cases but the ones that they made os see you.
Speaker 1: Later one of the things we spoke about briefly on the program yesterday towards the end of the program yesterday was the lane way culture around the great, cities particularly In, melbourne but certainly there would have been similar laneway culture In adelaide And. Perth and how important that lane way culture was those stones and the way that laneway and what was delivered and what sports would have been played in those laneways behind, homes particularly around inner City, adelaide in the City, melbourne inner City.
Speaker 8: Perth, yeah cricket in, Particular, yeah. Cricket they were the thing for the laneways and the, kids you, know and you'll often see it especially in kind of the inner suburbs where there wasn't two was no parks or anything like. That so they played down the lanes and it was it and a bit of footy as, well and that was, yeah it was something you don't these. Days of, course, KIDS i.
Speaker 25: CAN'T i can't.
Speaker 9: Go it can't get.
Speaker 8: Dirty you, know you've got to stay in and you, know look at you just what you, know we look at your little, phone do. That just be just be a nice clean. Person we've we've lost all of. That we've lost getting out and getting having a bit of dirt under your fingernails and having a bit of. Fun that's all.
Speaker 1: Changed AND i, Said, yester THAT i was in rest the little Cafe saturday morning with a couple of people and we're sitting there and watching the other tables around, us of the other eight, tables with six or eight tables around, us a couple's, there all just sitting, there not, talking watching their.
Speaker 8: Phones, yep. Yep in, fact you wouldn't believe. It we. Were we were talking about it this. Morning we went to a little, place a little local and the three tables around, us we're not. Talking they were just looking in their, phone both of, them like two people together in the just in the on their. Phones not even talking to each.
Speaker 1: Other Rick, mill they tell you the. Collectibles What's rick looking? For we'll find out straight after, This. Danny we've got about thirty seconds For Rick. Mill and what do you got for?
Speaker 20: Us?
Speaker 7: Yeah rickie just mentioned about advertising.
Speaker 21: Things i've GOT i am coming to.
Speaker 10: Dug out the other. Day so it's from the. Eighties it's a standy which they used in The Funglasses, shop which obviously advertised for goggle fung.
Speaker 25: Glasses that what's A nego wore In termao?
Speaker 8: Movie so it's a big pair of, sunglasses is?
Speaker 10: It, No so it's like a cardboard. Stand he's, okay, Yep varney as a terminator wearing the glasses and what how long?
Speaker 8: Ago?
Speaker 10: What that movie came out in the eighty Eight, okay.
Speaker 8: In which case it's going to be worth them are one hundred hundred and fifty? Dollars well do you think you?
Speaker 1: Were if you're looking For rick, here you can do. That zero four one eight a double three night after ten o'clock this, morning zero four one a double three nine one zero. Three we've run out of, time recomes so, sorry we have we.
Speaker 8: Have we'll do our what on to next? Week our things look aboard next week people.
Speaker 1: Will do, that OR i may have a great week and we'll talk to you next. Week zero four ONE a double three nine one zero. Three It's Rick milne after.
Speaker 5: Ten now this Is Australia urbanized With tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Coming up very shortly discussion as to whether or NOT i may ever return to the program known As Australia. Overnight you're, Smiling Riley. JAY i think you need to take this a little more. Seriously you, know anything can happen in the next twenty four and depending how it unfolds Tomorrow, thursday will determine WHETHER i never be able to sit in this chair ever.
Speaker 2: Again, LOOK i salute you for the act that you're going to. Perform well well four. HOURS i don't know IF i can. Survive IF i survive, this it'll be. Fine in all likelihood may not, survive and so.
Speaker 1: This could well be the final program THAT i get to host here Across australia and share that with you at the frontay, end you'll be, okay take a deep. Breath you could, Jump you could jump in the other side and come into this side of the glass and maybe you could do this very very, well maybe a little too, well stop at. YOU i think you could think you'd get away with. It i'll explain all that very. Shortly one double three sixty nine. Three let's take a couple of, Calls. Pete what's? Happening? Pete you're a little early for your little, segment which is usually on A thursday or A.
Speaker 21: Friday, Tony i've got massive phone.
Speaker 16: Issues my phone was invaded by virus bugs AND i had to switch providers and now with photo, phone AND i can't download any apps UNTIL i unlock the previous.
Speaker 1: Contract, really how did that, Happen?
Speaker 35: Pete, well On sunday after the pole statting game At Brighton Road, exchange happened to my phone AND i lost all my.
Speaker 1: Apps you might have been shaking your boom boom speech and deleted them.
Speaker 9: All, tony it's round eleven On, saturday the twenty Eighth, june and It's christian people out. There, No sunday the twenty ninth is The Holy Saints State. War, yes it is me madly and all fat Lad saturday.
Speaker 7: Morning very.
Speaker 1: Good now are you on the new phone as we? Speak?
Speaker 17: Yeah why is it too?
Speaker 8: Clear?
Speaker 1: No it's, lovely except that there's parts of. It you sound like you might be down the back of the.
Speaker 9: Hall, No i'm in my living.
Speaker 1: Room, NO i all it sounds it sounds like you are you on hands? Free, yes there it. Is it's the old hands free.
Speaker 14: Thing.
Speaker 1: See see IF i was on hands, FREE i would sound like. This IF i was talking over, here it would just sound a bit. Weird does its sound a bit?
Speaker 9: Weird? Yeah well Look i'm on. Speaker drummer to go off.
Speaker 1: Speaker, no, Pet you'll find just the way you. ARE i love you just the way you.
Speaker 20: Are thank.
Speaker 9: You now we'll start round. Eleven We stirred on top ten, wins zero, Losses, Adelaide croose And Glenog glog second on. Percentage adlais for the game in hand a, third followed By Central district and The, eagles But nord mounting a. Challenge now we'll get to. That thuits game is a prospect over the home of The Mighty Roosters northlade versus The Adelaide. Crows Now adelaide having played for A fortnite when they Smashed centrals At. Elizabeth i'm Kipping, adelaide BUT i shouldn't say. This i'm Hoping north win because that's. Infrasture. Now the second game is your game on THE Tv.
Speaker 1: Nord and what a match that should be At cooper's.
Speaker 9: As last is the final here In. Adelaide nord lost Because liam has been vooted seven. Golds liam was held by the magnificent defense On sunday at. Home nord are always hard to beat and they just got to keep on. Winning i'm going to the. Upset i'm Going.
Speaker 1: Norward oh good, boy what About they'll be?
Speaker 8: Fine.
Speaker 9: Yeah the game that's probably the least interest In Central district Versus West. Adelaide The blood's at ex convenience O. Elizabeth central's a loss that passed You. West he's almost got over the line last. Week i'm Going, centrals But i've got a very soft spot living in The West adelaide area. Now and then at Nor lounger which Is Maggann, Stadium South adelaide in bottom position With West adelaid's Player mighty Put Adelaide magpies the traditional black and white And i'm going To port Because south can only put one quarters. Together. Now my game was Into sturt Versus Woodball West lawrance At Thomas farms Over. Onley now last year the corresponding game only we're now once Captain James battis to be paid his two hundred over the line that is sturge last ninety round. Loss they then one thirty in in a. Row we're out in the, finals and this year they.
Speaker 23: Won in and.
Speaker 9: Row we're going for twenty fourth win in a. Row i've got to tips to where an able must keep. Women So i'm going stirred And i'm. Punky i'm, right and good luck to all the. Teams good luck to ther football, clubs And i'm That, no thanks for your.
Speaker 20: Time good on your.
Speaker 1: Pete we will talk next, week if not, Before. Peter and that's assuming That i'm back here next. Week.
Speaker 8: Peter, YEAH i think you will.
Speaker 18: Be.
Speaker 8: Tony, well you have to be.
Speaker 1: Decided good on your. Pete thank. You we will do. This come. Back are you still Smiling Riley, jay which FRANKLY i find a bit. Disturbing, no it is. Disturbing you'll be. Back it'll be. Okay, well thanks. Yourself you're a little more confident THAN i. Am i'm getting more and more. ANXIOUS i THINK i may need to upgrade some level of. Medication is it too late between now and Tomorrow thursday to get onto SOME indis type. PLAN i thought you were going to say, insurance well insurance as, well maybe so insurance and AN ndis plan where you can have some kind of did you hear they were talking The bricky program here on THREE ow yesterday about young young, men young boys that are on THESE adhd, medications so, many so. MANY i don't want to make light of, that but just the numbers were real. Surprise, ANYWAY i digress. Details, Hello, gabe game just walked past games in Our Australia evernight newsroom as you, know Morning, gabe if you'd like to be part of, it one double three six nine three are your calls to the other side of this For Australia Overnight. MORNING i just want to share a bit of a story with you because some weeks AGO i had an invitation to participate in events called Fire operations one oh one fire operations fire ops if you like one, one and without really giving you too much, CONSIDERATION i, said, oh, yeah that'll be a really good. Idea it scheduled for, tomorrow that is A, thursday And i'm really looking forward to doing, it SO i won't be Here thursday morning And friday. Morning friday, MORNING.
Speaker 8: I think for.
Speaker 1: Recovery point of that. IS i read an email that was sent to me By kat who, said and this Is i'm paraphrasing a little Bit Tony, mack looking forward to having you there On. Thursday please bring a change of underwear for after you after your. Shower by the end of the day you will be, hot sweaty and smell of, smoke something we're all looking forward. To Cat, dnell good, Morning.
Speaker 9: Good, Morning.
Speaker 34: Tony.
Speaker 1: KAT i should point out that you're the acting station Officer Fire ups one oh one Coordinator Fire Rescue victoria and what a joy it is to have you on the program right Across australia this.
Speaker 14: Morning that's, Great thanks for having me. ON i really appreciate that you're coming to do the. PROGRAM i think you're going to have a lot of.
Speaker 1: Fun, well let me be the judge that we'll talk, AGAIN i, guess But i've got to SAY i am looking forward to it. Now it started out your mutual friend ambassador of what you do is our very Own David. Man about two months, Ago david and a dear friend of, His, sharon who's already done this. Program who also, happens by the, way to be A virgin, Captain virgin el captain As sharon And sharon, Said, oh if you get the invitation to do, this you must do. It it's a life changing. Experience is that an accurate? OBSERVATION i think it.
Speaker 14: Is, Yeah sharon had a. Ball you've also Had Jared quigley come and do it one of three W.
Speaker 7: Elliott.
Speaker 14: Yeah so you'll be joining the likes Of Adam, Goods roonder Birch, More Georgie, Crazier steve And Michelle. Paine they've all participated in the. Program so it's designed for members Of, parliament senior government, official corporate executive, leaders entertaining, entertainers, media sporting identities and just Prominent victorians And australians even, so you, know the reason we have it is just to kind of educate key people in the community about the role That Fire Rescue victoria plays in the, community keeping, people, infrastructure properties and environment saith. In the program just aims to enhance understanding of What Fire Rescue victoria. Does so whether that's you know the staff in that we need, training, equipment things about response times as well as you, know getting to understand the physical strength and the mental resilience that firefighters. Possess so, yeah you'll go Through you'll be put through a series of, drills challenging drills that give you a bit of a.
Speaker 1: Taste of what we, DO a slight, TASTE i would. Hope AS i, Said i'm really looking forward to. It how grueling would you expect it to? Be is that the right? Word? Grueling you're going to be, Grueled, Macmatuson suck it up and enjoy.
Speaker 10: It we'll put you through your.
Speaker 14: Paces you'll be wearing full fire fighting, gear turn out turn out gear and breathing, apparatus so you get to really get in, there you, know pick up all the tools and squirt water. Around you'll get to see how physical the job.
Speaker 1: IS i guess it a, Sense. Captain presumably you went through this as a youngster. Too it's a bit of a it's a bit of a. Dream really is a child you think what would it be like to climb up that ladder and spray that hose at a scorching hot.
Speaker 14: Fire it's a great it is a great. Job highly recommend.
Speaker 1: It did you have that did you have that feeling when you were, little.
Speaker 10: Not so much WHEN i was.
Speaker 14: Little it wasn't something THAT i, thought you, KNOW i knew from a young age THAT i wanted to. DO i sort of fell into. IT i suppose it wasn't really on my radar being a. Female there's not a lot of women in the. Job we've got about five percent operational. Women and it wasn't until a friend of mine who was a, firefighter said to, me you, know they want women to, join why don't you have a go at, it LIKE i think you'd really enjoy. It so that was how it came about for me and a bit of a career change in my early. Thirties, yeah but it's we're certainly always encouraging people from different backgrounds and to. Apply and you, know if you're thinking that it's something that you might be interested, in you, know jump on THE fiv WEBSITE fiv dot gov dot au and have a look and see if it's you, know something that you might want to participate in as a.
Speaker 1: Career what are the challenges when you make it a? Career, presumably like a lot of us working and you know more about this than most cat it is about shift.
Speaker 14: Work, yeah certainly the shift, work so we work two ten hour days and then to fourteen hour nights and then you come on to three days. Off so, yeah there's definitely shift. WORK i, think you, know the thing THAT i love about it the most is that working in a, group like you're on station with the same people you, know and you're basically living on. Station you stay there. Overnight so just having that sort of team, environment being able to serve the community and help people out in you, know quite often it's the worst day of their. Life really you might be attending a really serious car. Accident you. Know we also do emergency medical. Response that's a big part of What Fire Rescue victoria do that a lot of people don't. Know we've had over a thousand lives saved from our early, access like early, intervention early access to, patients being able to administer, oxygen DO, cpr and have access to a. Defibrillator so that's something that people probably don't. Know they all sort of everyone sort of thinks we just turn up in a red chuck and squirt water onto a. Fire BUT i think there's a lot more to the job than people, understand and that's part of you, know people like self doing the fire. Ups one one program is really to get that understanding of the sort of time critical and highly technical and skilled work THAT Frv Fire Rescue victoria firefighters.
Speaker 1: Do one of the things in scouts many years, ago they would take us on a couple of, occasions is my recollection to the local fire, station so you can have in those days was all. Boys it's stiff changed now these, days of, Course but you say all these bunch of boys might have been twenty four to twenty five is of the, time all of us the only thing we ever really wanted to do was slide down the.
Speaker 14: Firepoles, well there's only one of those left In Operation.
Speaker 7: Hill.
Speaker 13: Yeah WELL i think that's where we were.
Speaker 1: Taken we were taken to The Eastern hill.
Speaker 14: Station, yeah, yeah that's the only one that's. Left you, know most modern fire stations now are just a single, level so takes out those the provensity to maybe do an ankle or something like, that do, anicket to do an ankle before you even get on the fire.
Speaker 1: Truck you just assumed that these people were really highly.
Speaker 14: One that's. Left you, know most modern fire stations now are just a single, level so takes out those the provinsity to maybe do an ankle or something like.
Speaker 8: That do an?
Speaker 14: Hickel want to do an ankle before you even get on the fire?
Speaker 1: Truck nobody ever thought of. That now you just assume that these people were really highly. Skilled they knew when to hit the, pole when to slide down land. Effectively that's.
Speaker 14: Fantastic, yeah, yeah So Eastern hills the last.
Speaker 1: One, oh they just now been sort of disappointed for those sort of, things those great. Traditions you just talk about young people who may be looking, for you, know a career or. Two i'm sure there be people listening right now that have children and. Grandchildren is it a great? Career how important are those relationships that you form when you're doing that sort of. WORK i can only imagine going to a you go to a triple fatality as an, officer police, officer or a fire you, know a fire. First, yeah that's the. One thank you. FIREFIGHTER i mean it's pretty, confronting, cat it, Is.
Speaker 10: Yeah it is.
Speaker 14: CONFRONTING i, mean we're very. Lucky we've got amazing psychological support within the, brigade whether that's peer to peer or in house, psychologists so we can access external psychologists so there is that ability to debrief and that sort of. Thing but, yeah, look it's a fantastic. Career we've got really great conditions that we work. Under we've got you, know it is a dangerous, job but it's done as safely as. Possible we have great, training we have really amazing safe systems of work that we keep us as safe as. Possible So.
Speaker 1: I'll let you go BECAUSE i know you want to get a bit of a rest before we get into this first thing on A thursday. Morning i'm really looking forward to. It i'm sure the other people that will be doing with me as, well they're probably hopefully sound, asleep but looking forward to it as. Well and we will report back in the next week or so as to how it all. Unfolds that's Assuming i'm fit enough to be returning here at next.
Speaker 14: Week you'll have a great you'll have a great, time and you know you'll be able to talk about the different drills you, did.
Speaker 10: So we'll go into that next.
Speaker 1: Time nice to, Talk, cat and look forward to seeing On, thursday.
Speaker 14: And you look forward to seeing Your.
Speaker 1: Thursday Cat, Denell Acting Station, Officer FIRE ops one oh One Coordinator Fire Rescue victoria.
Speaker 3: Love here's a burning, thing and it makes us a fiery ring bound bye wild. DESIRE i fell into a ring of. FIRE i fell into a burn ring of.
Speaker 6: FIRE i went, down, down, down and the flames went, higher and it, burns burns burn.
Speaker 8: The ring of, fire the ring of.
Speaker 6: FIRE i fell into a burning ring of. FIRE i went, down, down, down and the flames.
Speaker 3: Went, higher and it, burns burns, burns the ring.
Speaker 37: Of, fire the ring of. Fire the taste of love is sweet when hearts black cowers. MEET i felt for you like a.
Speaker 3: Child, oh but the fire went. WILD i fell into a burning ring off.
Speaker 6: FIRE i went, down, down, down and the flames went, higher.
Speaker 3: And it, burns burns. Burns the ring of, fire the ring of. FIRE i fell into a burning ring off.
Speaker 6: FIRE i went, down, down, down and.
Speaker 38: The flames went, higher and it, burns, burns, burns the ring of, fire the, chake the ring of, fire and it, burned.
Speaker 1: Burned Catherine danelle cats just known as a. Cat so looking go to. That so this AS i say that may in fact be the last. BROADCAST a couple of. Things we had lots of cools the yesterday from all sorts of issues regards to the first. Car there's another one this, morning AND i thought i'd throw it out there for a discussion AT i test drove this yesterday and got a really interesting. Response and the question is one double three six', Nine three So the tony mac, Pertinent question how did you meet your? Best friend think about that for. A moment everybody would have at least one at some point in. Your life how did you meet your? Best friend one double three six. Nine three and the, other one which was also a bit of FUN when i test drove, this yesterday what was the first thing you remember buying with your? Own money first thing you remember buying with your? Own, money honey one double three six. Nine three and how did you meet your? Best friend one double three six. Nine three we'll take some calls the. Other side anything you'd like to raise on the Program For. AUSTRALIA overnight a couple. Of things one double three six.' nine three how did you meet? Your best friend how did you meet? Your best friend and what was the first thing you remember buying with? Your own money now everybody would have, AN exciting story i would, hope about that or. Not necessarily exciting just what was the? Experience, FOR you jay i thinking the FIRST thing that i had just thought it. Was so special it. Was my money it, was FIVE cents and i WENT down and I bought a. Western's wagon, Wheel oh nice so we're not long. Into the market what a great way to start, your buying. Career it was and love them, to, this day, yeah. We do don't it was my. FIRST paper round i was doing, a paper round so it was now it was. Just post war it was just. After the war and and the whole fee for the paper round was one. Dollar and five it was one. Dollar and five banked the dollar and spent, the five cents so that, was you know. It's, pretty cool yeah.
Speaker 39: Well back then you COULD have bought i think we were just seeing a message about half an.
Speaker 1: Hour or so it was.
Speaker 39: WORTH one dollar i think the, football Field.
Speaker 1: YEP out west i know exactly could have bought football. For, a dollar yeah For the. Old waverly ground that's, an interesting. Yard isn't it so there's a couple of questions, Up for grabs so. Jump on board you get. Through straight away how did you meet? Your best friend and what was the first thing YOU remember, by i mean that's almost worth while getting out of bed for one double three. Six nine three we're going to calls In just to ticlar and you'll come come to you. In a MOMENT, what the ato because it's coming up to text time. As we KNOW and the ato certainly has, a good side did they not? They put it they make this point In Conjunction with Joe. VAN and zagoski I forgot That rod jov. An financial advisor this Is Through. The night group given that this comes out from media stable, and they say want to stay the. Ato's good side here's what they're going to. Be Looking, for number one, work related expenses especially. Working FROM home the ato wants to make sure people aren't abusing working. From home expenses if something, has dual use, like For example, your molbo phone you can only claim the percentage. Used for work two deductions. On INVESTMENT properties the ato says nine out of the ten rental property owners are getting their income tax. Returns wrong wrong and three capital improvements. Cannot be claimed? Is that, right that is if you renovate a kitchen, or a bathroom this is added to the cost of your. Home for sale and four don't. Rush to lodge don't. Rush TO lodge the ato re sives many tax returns with, interest from banks dividend income payments from, other government agents in private, health users insurers missing lodging early means you're twice as likely to have your return FLAGGED. By the ato, there you go just a couple, of little tips a couplements. Of media stable thank, You For. That tony MACK first thing i remember buying my own money was going to brushes And Buying the rolling stones single, start me up which Would have been i'm Thinking Early eighties Ronnie, Lee And, Morning good Morning.
Speaker 33: TONY and jay i, WAS just calculating i have five best.
Speaker 1: Friends, five five wow you're the Luckiest. Person in australia they're.
Speaker 33: My girls and they're. All over forty one's, forty nine years one's, forty five years the other one's forty one you want to be forty something and. The other liney so the.
Speaker 11: Great, relationships wonderful yeah THEY'RE the girls i meet Up with IN sydney when i.
Speaker 33: Go up there they're, my, fillow mermaids.
Speaker 1: MERMAIDS your mermaids. I love that so how Did you meet how did? You meet, one in particular how did, You, meet.
Speaker 33: WELL sharon who i classified. MY best friend i. Showed her around she was, a NEW student and i showed. Her around school we're being, friends ever since and it.
Speaker 1: Was, that, SIMPLE yeah yeah.
Speaker 33: I love it and the forty nine year old a forty. Nine year FRIENDSHIP her and i Used to imitate abba at recess and lunchtime and had the whole. School watching us and we were the playground, judy teachers dream weren't we because they didn't have to look. After the kids we, were all there all.
Speaker 1: In, one, spot yeah yeah of Course that was, That was handy.
Speaker 33: Yeah it was it was good. Fun, doing it.
Speaker 9: Memorable.
Speaker 33: That's for, sure and yeah the OTHER ones when i took to in excess when, SHE was fourteen. I was eighteen. We're still friends And the others i've known since. We Were seventeen so i'm very blessed.
Speaker 34: To have them.
Speaker 33: They're my girls, Is.
Speaker 1: That nice leanne you've got a blessing. All the way what's the first thing that you remember buying with? Your, own, money, oh jeez.
Speaker 32: Look.
Speaker 7: Probably, lollies lollies well It was.
Speaker 1: A western, WAGON we also i suppose it's close a bit of a lolly.
Speaker 33: IN that SENSE i think i think that's when you got. Two FOR one and i had cobbers which are, now called? Buddies aren't they.
Speaker 1: They are they? Called, cobbers anymore no, THEY'RE called, buddies i?
Speaker 8: THINK are they i.
Speaker 1: Wonder where they changed the name. From a cobby cobber. Was quite new it, was it chewy, and oh yeah it. Was quite brilliant it was. Coated in chocolate but you had to sort of how many teeth were lost? Eating a cobber?
Speaker 3: None of mine, still, got them.
Speaker 33: All still got them all The. Same with minty's there's an Art.
Speaker 1: To chillingoy minty's how many people lost a TOOTH? Eating? A, minti many?
Speaker 33: Many many many and, mars bars well THE mars.
Speaker 1: Bar i don't remember being, quiet as awkward BUT. Certainly, The minti yeah.
Speaker 33: Minty's a notorious for. Making feelings out you got to soften them and roll them, before on them before you.
Speaker 1: Chew on them leanna was. Good to chat Thank.
Speaker 3: You, For artie, Morning, Good morning Tony.
Speaker 7: MAC and jay i heard You talk To jim at june lockout one hundred is she saw? Live a day she's one?
Speaker 1: Hundred years today Yes year is june lockout. One hundred years for those that may or may not, Remember the name, Let me, explain please explain as she played MOTHER in The tv series lassie from fifty five. To fifty four She Played doctor Janet Craig in good junction, from sixty eight sixty nine And Seventy and maureen robinson in the great classic series of The sixties Called.
Speaker 7: Lost in space that was a, classic sixty.
Speaker 1: Five sixty six sixty seven. And sixty eight so she had an amazing career and Then was in babylon. Five as well for, Those, that remember.
Speaker 8: Yeah we love that row by The. Bubblehead of booby Do You remember.
Speaker 1: June lockart is?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 1: Hundred?
Speaker 7: Today Incredible Yeah AND angela cartwright i Think she, saw alive Too that Played.
Speaker 1: Penny the Daughter she Played Penny and angela cartwright was also A member of.
Speaker 7: I, know SHE sang but I can't.
Speaker 1: Remember i did She Was. In sounder Music.
Speaker 20: She Was.
Speaker 7: Mummy billy Mummy that Played. Will the brother He Was in diagnosis murder a. Couple of times?
Speaker 1: OH was he? I DID not, If i. Did i'd forgotten it's a lovely. Piece of information why?
Speaker 31: Didn't you.
Speaker 7: Here he was acting as a Ranger As we diagnosis murder.
Speaker 1: Is that, right, good morning ranging good on your always. Good to chat keep an eye on those prices, for us too? WON'T you question a couple of questions, up for grabs just coming out a. Bit of fun we're filling in time to. All, the cereal really how did you meet? Your best friend how did you meet?
Speaker 8: Your?
Speaker 1: Best? FRIEND who? Haw whi? Went and where and what was the first thing that you remember buying with your own money when you knew that you just had a few, cents to spare a few, pennies to spare maybe back, in the day what was the first thing? YOU remember buying i think IT was as. I mentioned, earlier for me it was the Delivery Of, the progress press which came out, once a Week And, the progress press a big, bundle of papers would be delivered to. Home mid afternoon, you'd get home put him on the back of the bike and then, do that round Which Was, down high Street Down, sum hill road around up back on the Other Side, of glenaris road and all the. Roads in between it took probably the best burn for, a lousy dollar but you know it was good training. In that sense the pay was all of one dollar. And Five cents hail. Rain or shine you had to do the papers and it, was good fun. But a dollar and then to be able to spend, that five cents that, first five cents it, was, just like oh how? Good is this didn't have to ask anybody. FOR anything else i now had this five cents in the pocket to spend one double three. Six nine three siffy sens. A little note, She says again tony mca lucky the day. WE'RE firefighters tomorrow i can't wait to hear. All about it thank you very, much for THAT and Says i, love Mars bars. Love MARS bars wish i had one to chew. As, we speak tiffy you remind me about Going to the Mars factory in ballarat on regular so when you were set there for it to do a message for whatever that might have been back. In the day it might have been to do an interview or pick up some product for communities and, things for charity as they were very generous. Remain very generous but you'd walk into the front reception Area of the Mars factory in ballarat and they would have this big bowl almost like huge, fish bowl size and that would be chocer block with this new product, called eminem eminems and so, Look at me, Look at me. Look at me it would have been that BIG full of em and ms and you could just get THIS scoop of em and m's with a little little spoon and wack it, into YOUR hand complimentary. M and m's that was pretty much as good as life was going to get in. The mid, Eighties wilma, Morning.
Speaker 28: Good.
Speaker 36: Morning Tony hi now i'm going. TO tell IT i think i bought for my first part was, a box camera.
Speaker 1: Or the, old Kodak box and i've.
Speaker 29: Still, got it.
Speaker 36: Wow, THAT'S fantastic yes i bought, several In between but i've still got, my OLD camera which I bought when. I was sixteen.
Speaker 1: There you go so that's. GOT great history a couple of times it's come up The Program. With rick milne and do, You, Know what, wilmer he says because there was so, many of Them made by kodak or, branded as codeacboxes they were all, around the world and, as a. Consequence they're everywhere. Everybody had one they're not particularly. Interesting, to collect.
Speaker 36: NO but well i just kept mine and. Bend, the camera yeah interested taking Him. Out, of phios now best FRIEND m h i met when we first, stayed primary school and we keep in touch, AND you know i just probably we never. Forgot, each other yeah well, we're eighty one three months. Older than me.
Speaker 1: And where, Did. You meet wilma we meet a Primary.
Speaker 36: School of, laura Ah.
Speaker 1: Right well, laura, primary.
Speaker 36: Yep yep yep and we went through.
Speaker 20: In.
Speaker 36: A high school are at. High school together.
Speaker 26: She left.
Speaker 36: She worked From The telephone. Exchames dicens did we started at. The same time she only stopped about eighty months and then. She went nursing but we constantly. Kept In touch but i'll, tell, you what uh something that we like doing together was making up icy sugar And joining. The marie, biscuits, oh really yeah we. Always, did that yeah and you know a bit of a bit of a cordial. On those, days but yeah that was as.
Speaker 1: Good as.
Speaker 13: You've done.
Speaker 36: IT every Weekend i.
Speaker 1: Reckon marry biscuits what a, joy They were little maray biscuit or, a you know tiny maybe scrape of Butter on a marie biscuit.
Speaker 36: Was just, gorgeous oh no we had with icing sugar, make, a sandwich well.
Speaker 1: Icing sugar beautiful what An imagination will but that may be cool. Of the morning, thank you well then knew one double three six nine three. Tony make EFFORT worst thing i bought my own Money was, the beatles ep. Twist AND shout and i was one of those screaming girls all those years Ago At The. Southern Cross. Hotel lorraine memories who did, You? Go with lorraine surely you wouldn't have. Gone by yourself you would have. Been too little did you look through the bundles of papers looking? For the envelope but with a dollar and five and a gram years that's exactly how did you know that? You did that the little envelope would be stacked into the bundle of papers that arrived for, you to deliver and so You had to that's, Very, Good point grave i'd. Forgotten about that to find your pay you had to make sure you were delivering all the papers and then. It turn up that's A. Brilliant Get graham, well leo, morning.
Speaker 24: Good morning, very quiet. MORNING so boring i shouldn't, have Gone, out.
Speaker 1: Little chilli probably not. Too many around it. Was driving in it was a putting, rain coming down and then BY the time i got down To About two rick road it had stopped.
Speaker 24: It's been running on, enough all night, mostly mostly, drizzled but yeah not really, heavy or earning but just the usual drill to we get about.
Speaker 20: This other, Time we yet so when you, when you.
Speaker 1: Start it's boring what? Do you? Do just sit you can't just presumably just sit. In the car you go for a, cup of tilla a cup.
Speaker 24: Of COFFEE or sometimes i Mean, is if yeah if, YOU do that i mean your chances they are going to get a job just as you. Leave the car yeah ABOUT spots where i, GO to that i know that's usually, busier THAN numbers and i stick around THOSE areas and i usually get something, here or there.
Speaker 20: But not tonight it's just. Been so quiet but.
Speaker 1: Even if you went and said down to donald somewhere having a, cup of tea a cup of coffee or some, of the week you could take that phone in, there with you couldn't you and still?
Speaker 24: Take, a BOOKING yeah but i like that you order your food, or your copy and but before, it gets there you've.
Speaker 20: Got a job and if you don't not out fast enough that people will.
Speaker 1: Cancel, on you uh, it's a game.
Speaker 24: And that it, is, a game yes but they want you to sort of being on their doorstep HALF the time i tried to.
Speaker 20: Someone, close, up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah but.
Speaker 38: With?
Speaker 24: My own money was we got? A plansistor radio really, local pocket ones?
Speaker 1: Little pocket one what size would?
Speaker 18: That?
Speaker 20: Have been uh just sort of a bit, beside your hand. But very thick, there's no, way he said, in your pocket very thick.
Speaker 1: And, BATTERY operated yes i think it was A non volt what brand? Do you recall.
Speaker 20: Don't? Record the brand members of right YERE.
Speaker 7: A w a.
Speaker 20: Remember?
Speaker 1: The, brand sony.
Speaker 28: No.
Speaker 20: Definitely not sony it Was. Better Before Sony.
Speaker 1: Toss sheba toby.
Speaker 20: Fifty years ago, fifty years, Ago years ago. I'm sixty two and.
Speaker 1: Did you say how much? It would cost?
Speaker 20: ABOUT twelve DOLLARS i think, i was.
Speaker 1: There you go and the shot a.
Speaker 20: Lot of, money back then the shop Shop was in We Got, The. Sydney road BRUNSWICK it was. I Forgot them the coping name, doesn't exist anymore that.
Speaker 1: Little electronics shop. Of, some description yes. Because, it was sorry it Was Long before HARVEY.
Speaker 7: Norman.
Speaker 1: Or jb, HiFi oh.
Speaker 20: Yeah lovefo the other days of McEwens.
Speaker 3: And and that.
Speaker 1: Sort of thing McEwens means A Million. THINGS leo world i knew we'll do this break when, we come back plenty of time. FOR your calls, a stretcher overnight those little transit to radios that you would take to the pool of the beach back. In the day you HAVE Things From A National. Toshiba national toshiba bruno says he may Well have Been pie p YE.
Speaker 8: Or AN. A, w a.
Speaker 1: Bruno thank You It. Is australia, overnight your calls come and join me on. The other side what's the first thing you remember buying with? Your own money and how did you meet? Your best friend.
Speaker 5: Now This Is australia Urban eye With.
Speaker 14: Tony.
Speaker 5: McManus, bay magine mind.
Speaker 1: When you would have been hosting a, program like this you'd be sitting there with your colleagues at a great radio Station somewhere in australia, and about nay you'd probably have what you'd certainly Have Had a darry there's no, question about that even in this not, in this building But Certainly in latrobe STREET for three, Aw for example i'm sure there'd be various versions OF a six pr AND five Double a in, adelaide as well where you'd have everybody in the building including, on air presenters would, be like this like there, was no tomorrow unimaginable, by. Today's standards unimaginable but it. Did CARRY on Remember i think i'll probably told the story before coaching this and football club came Up to ballaratte saturday morning sports program set around, there and everybody all the sports people were all having A dorry and keV was just sitting there perplexed by.
Speaker 8: THE whole.
Speaker 1: Process i digress point of that is we would be either having a dirry or something even a. Bit more evil and now during the, three o'clock news we sneak out and we sha very SMALL box. Of tv snacks that's as good as. Our life, gets but, ge they're. Beautiful aren't they you have A couple of tv snacks and it's. Just so simple you pretty much have a box handy most, of the. WEEK don't you i do getting a bit of a reputation now WITH my. Little tv snacks i'm got to tell you it's, a lovely thing, just a box simple and they're. Not stupidly priced what do you? Pay for them seventy five? Cents a box well that was back in.
Speaker 39: The old days how much we inflation nowadays, six dollars now can?
Speaker 24: You?
Speaker 1: Believe, it, no, no no no really for THE box. Of, tv snacks yeah.
Speaker 39: It started off about year. Or two ago it was, two dollars fifty. Which was fantastic everyone. Was celebrating that but now it's up.
Speaker 1: To six for A box?
Speaker 24: Of is?
Speaker 1: That excuse me is it because of the The Price?
Speaker 12: Of?
Speaker 39: Choko, lart probably yeah the cocoa and all the ingredients that go into, chocolate are yeah six dollars now.
Speaker 1: Just over six as a result of talking, about transistor radios how do we get? TO transistor Radios i think. Bruno said something one of, the callers. Said transistor Radios and so i'm looking at the brands of transistor radios that. People might remember there's, a whole list some of which. Certainly. Don't Remember, well general electric, you would imagine were very involved in transistor radios back. In Those days hitashi Hi t ac, hi very Collectible first to, tashi transistor radio but by no means the. Company's first, products in fact transistor radios were probably a very tiny source of income For those. Big japanese companies magnavox came Out Of, The united states magnavox holds claim to the, first electric speaker Subsequently Amplified, phonograph mitsubishi electric, Beautiful little piece motorola. Made transistor radios the very whool Kids Had a national panasonic was quite. A. Large PIECE nec remember nec, as A brand which i think was That Part, of national know maybe. Not It Was The nippon electric company was founded in, eighteen Ninety Nine. The olsen radio Don't? Remember that Philko. Anybody remember philco it's like there was a big program that was hosted AT five double A and Five ad In adelaide Called. Baz And philko now i'm. JUST, being silly rca so YOU think about rca manufacturer of radios back. In those days and then there was The. Popular little sony sony was such a toy little transistor radio as another horse of commercial. Transistor radio race some would say that after, a slow start it was the hands down winner, of That Race with sony. Sony still around tasheba the other one, Doing, Amazing, things westinghouse zenith and the. List goes on all those great companies of transistor, radios, one, double three. Six nine three the questions up for grabs in no particular order if you want to have a. Bit of fun you've just tuned in for the first Time on. This wednesday morning how did you meet? Your best friend how did you meet? Your best friend what was the first thing you remember buying when you, were a kid when you were, a little person presumably may have been. Later in life you get, that first dollar you get that? First five dollars worhere if it is, That, you thought wow this is. Really really nice i'll be able to buy myself something and don't have to justify. It To Anybody gave Portland, morning, gav, oh.
Speaker 26: Well dad MY best mate i meet, him at school but will have become? REALLY good mate a.
Speaker 7: Punch and you had.
Speaker 1: A punch on, there you go we had. A punch on how did that work?
Speaker 17: Out for everybody gave well my eyes and waiting that we've became good maker for that and he's not.
Speaker 26: With us anymore god. Breast his soul and the first thing of work a little with the old man and mum on the farm doing jobs of ours getting twenty cents was, a matchbox card a little.
Speaker 1: Match box car now. Here's the thing do you remember which? Car, you chose.
Speaker 26: Yes there was a little bed For truck and i've still got a little.
Speaker 1: Bed for truck it's amazing how often on this Program the brand.
Speaker 26: Bedford, comes up yeah One of the australian icons sort of thing of putting on the map with those Little old.
Speaker 1: Bed ford truck yeah they did and. They were prolific.
Speaker 26: Yes they didn't, go very fast but they used to.
Speaker 1: Work pretty well they did the job for which. Everybody was looking good. On your gay i've always. Good to talk you get any rain Down there at portland at the moment it's been.
Speaker 26: Pouring down here and cold and we had a little bit of haig or.
Speaker 1: Not long ago well that's good because that rains.
Speaker 24: So.
Speaker 1: Desperately NEEDED yeah well.
Speaker 26: I chipped out this morning twenty out of a rain. Gate this morning.
Speaker 1: Well that's encouraging. Good on you thank you for keeping in touch. With the program appreciate one double three. Six nine three, wherever you are Particularly right across victoria and into Southern Parts Of, new south wales Through Into, into south Australia Through, that mount gambia right up past, a narrow court let me know if you've. Got any rain one double three Six,' nine three, perth hello to you. Good morning and welcome one double three one double three eight eighty two is your number? For people sending messages zero four double seven six nine Three, six nine. Three jim good morning now Did you have a do you have a dear friend that's been a friend for a long time and?
Speaker 38: How?
Speaker 1: Did you, Meet.
Speaker 7: Yeah Good.
Speaker 23: MORNING tony AND jay i do i HAVE a friend that i became best friends with a firm ONE technical school when I was living in braybrook and. We're still best friends when he, became my best friend and then he became. The family's best friend the first when He got HIS First, carl's a hx monaro which he wanted to tell us and take all. Of us for driving, but as for ME the first thing i bought when they Used To Work At, BOTH weeks meat. WORKS i was sixteen i used to get. Sixty dollars a week There used To be Maxwell's. In, footscray in, nomo.
Speaker 1: Yes of course.
Speaker 23: A black and white tv that costed one. HUNDRED and fifty dollars. I saved my money and it wasn't only a twelve INCH. Black and white tv it was more like a FUTURISTIC black and white tv because it had an electronic. On a mop button what he just touched to put on a moth a telescopic aerial instead of a FLAT screen. Like other tv is, it had a bubble, a bubble type screen and, they had a cover a tinted cover you could take on. A Not for protection and i've still got it here now and still the only reason it doesn't work because. They took analog off but if, you put it on you can still hear something on.
Speaker 8: That pair on it.
Speaker 23: I've still. Got it here now it was white and the. Covers black and tinted it just looked like something.
Speaker 8: Out.
Speaker 23: Of the FUTURE yeah, and as i said electronic. On, and off button jimmy what?
Speaker 1: Brand did You? Say?
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 1: National national here see they were a classy, Thing in the time national radios and one.
Speaker 23: More thing tony. As For transister radios when i'm IN my bed that i, listen to YOU guys and when i, WALK down the. STREET i take it i know you, might say the APP but how long i look listen To throw at w i'll always have a flat battery ON my phone if i.
Speaker 13: Was.
Speaker 23: On, my phone, Two.
Speaker 1: Okay thank you jimmy it's always good, To have You, there trainey. Says. Magie, Thank you trainees well i'm not too sure that we say. CALL them training trainees i Think they came. From japan post. War yes they did That would be my. It was an invention we'd have to. Do some more research but the transistor radio will just referred To as a training, back in the day very small and. Small was really desirable one that you could, take to the beach or you could put it in the car if you didn't. Have a car radio you can often sit. It on the dashboard it depends if they would come down right underneath the windscreen. And that would run you'd have to be constantly moving it to make sure. You got the signal if you were Listening to your well. I'm making those days but, you could do that or you could sit it on the car seat and, listen to the music which is. What we all, Did and, another one bruno Says, GOOD on your Bruno I, Work with. Peter bedford brandlaw medallist Just. Because we, mentioned bedford stay. There we'll do this come back your calls one. Double Three six ninth Gabriel Hodson from, Our, australia overnight, newsroom gabe. Good morning good Morning we'll talk about trump.
Speaker 8: In just.
Speaker 1: A moment to see the search still On For. Missing. WOMAN mary terese yes.
Speaker 18: I believe she's. Sixty, she has.
Speaker 1: Dementia yeah shopping center she Was. LAST seen high.
Speaker 18: Street a, vulnerable person so look if, you see this woman, please call.
Speaker 14: Crime.
Speaker 18: Stoppers, police anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah caucasian last, scene wearing pink, leggings long black jacket. Brown slip on boots Known to. Frequent the height area, there's an image there. A picture of her if, anybody can help her if you, Give Them a call cranboon police station or the good, people at, crime.
Speaker 18: One, eight hundred. Triple three triples zero how many times IN my life was i? GIVEN said, that number i know zillions.
Speaker 1: And, ZILLIONS of times look i really.
Speaker 18: Hope She spent it does there's a, lot of missing people but, the vulnerable ones. Say really worry.
Speaker 1: Me did you have a transistor when you? Were A little.
Speaker 18: Transistor had i had a boom box if, That's, what you mean well a BIG fat thing that i carried around that was the.
Speaker 1: Antithesis of the transistor transistor was a, t like you know the, cool kids had one maybe that big and you put it to your ear or maybe have on a lead a bit of an.
Speaker 18: Ear plug to listen it was an era, when BIGGER was better though i just got Bigger and bigger.
Speaker 1: In i'm here to tell. YOUR size doesn't matter a transistor, was about four inches but the strap on the car window and. Wide up the window getting lots of? Calls about the wireless did you ever Call it the wireld we used to, call it the wireless still. Calls it the wireless you're going into work, Of, The wireless tonight love you're going into work. At, The wireless now.
Speaker 18: Well, i've got to say our wireless. Does have a wire it's got a cord.
Speaker 33: Because.
Speaker 18: It's a smart speaker that's how we listen to. Radio now at home it's so much clearer than. Your regular radio, signal yes it IS.
Speaker 1: Because it's all digg.
Speaker 18: It is a. Couple of seconds behind.
Speaker 1: So well it is YOU listen to the I listened to the apple the way home list of the breaking PROGRAM ON THE, three o w, a, which is great fantastic good. Way to do it and then it's a wonderful, way to do it and. The CLARITY is perfect but i can remember coming back after A game of the mcg listening to football commentary and IT might have, been i don't know, back in those days Would Have, been a harry Bitzel Maybe. Even a norman banks that will date. Us a little bit and they be. Taking calls and things it was really hard because the as you were coming through the city area Or, going down through richmond coming back from the FOOTY anywhere in austral i guess you get this. Crackle all the time you don't get that when you're. Listening to the app It's Now Is? The president donald trump is he going to be able to strife with his faithful FOR dropping? Them the f? Bomb pretty h bomb. THEY bomb, pretty, explicit i mean wow there's the president, of the free world leader, Of The free will. President trump going bang.
Speaker 12: It was?
Speaker 18: A bang all right? Can we call it.
Speaker 1: What are?
Speaker 18: Euphemisms for?
Speaker 1: This, word fire truck well. I'LL tell You what I, Love russ And. Russ russ And russ on the breaking program they would just say he, used the word redacted.
Speaker 20: Which.
Speaker 1: Is, Just fantastic redacted.
Speaker 18: Well i'm not going to. Say it on it it's a. Four little letter words.
Speaker 1: It starts With the point is i'll be fascinating to find out from listeners what they think whether in this day and. Age, IT'S a.
Speaker 18: Given look i think we've. All heard it before.
Speaker 1: Of course we have it's not particularly class. And it's not new people. Have been doing it there's a great piece where it talks about the HISTORY. OF the word, f i don't know. Have you heard that i'll play that. To you, one, morning it's fantastic okay.
Speaker 18: Without saying that word well it it.
Speaker 1: Gives you the idea of the history and how many times you CAN use the word f because it. Enhances, so many sentences.
Speaker 18: Yeah but you've got to, use that stuff very very very sparingly when. You, are super angry well for if you're someone who doesn't swear much and, you use that word.
Speaker 1: It really. Has impact it does have to say.
Speaker 18: It all the time. It's every second.
Speaker 1: WORD it's just meaningless i went out with for lunch, many many, years ago no names no pactoral except played a pretty, good, game of cricket okay and really a, good game of, cricket and over, lunch every, third word oh, No EVERY third word and i. Kept, thinking OF it yeah, and i kept thinking do you Realize that you are you don't need. To do that anymore you didn't. Need, to do that yeah it was really quite dis and this is, many YEARS ago now but i, thinking at the time you don't need to do.
Speaker 18: That better than that they used to say that if you use those sort, of words a lot you don't have much of a, vocab creative.
Speaker 1: With, YOU you know yeah i have, a a dear girlfriend one of the first, GIRLFRIENDS of all time toni. Who can use it. And it's almost colorful it's just it's just she. Does it, So beautifully it's articulate it, fits in a sentence and it makes the. Sentence infinitely more interesting.
Speaker 18: So, she stayed, classy oh very.
Speaker 1: Classy very very classy if people want to know more about that person, that we mentioned here please. Give me a call.
Speaker 8: You Can do.
Speaker 1: The cranberr, police station just again what. She's wearing the image So, she's wearing described. Caucasian wearing pick leggings wearing pick legging leggings.
Speaker 18: Which, is, like a legging yeah sort. Of, tight stick tights.
Speaker 1: Yeah a long black jacket and. Brown, slip on boots.
Speaker 18: Now if you want, to see the pitture go to the police media. Website or social media you can. To your police man it's.
Speaker 1: Nice to see you. Thank you you too do you want to do? A? Quick break. Here Jay thank you Gabe hodson From our. Australia over night newsroom we'll do this when we come back to your calls one double. Three six nine three the cereal is not that far away if you have, just opened the peepers maybe for The first. Time on thisvendnesday morning we just threw it out there and asked the question how did you? Meet your best friend how did you? Meet your best friend and the other one was what about what's the first thing you remember when you were buying something, with your own mumney Something with your own what did you? Buy and how much and then we've moved into. Talking about transistor radios look at the text of the messages. With regards transistor radios who would have thought, lots of Hush. Mccundy, thank you bruno yeah. That's the other one trump is a legend. Because violence solves everything ENDING in five ninety. I don't think so transistor was about four inches put on the strap of the car window and. Wind, up the window yes handy would just bump around a bit. AND be quite noisy a Couple of we, calls helen.
Speaker 10: Good morning good naughty.
Speaker 13: It's like a first Beach Down here, at safety beach today.
Speaker 1: Which means what it's? Fair to rain around oh, but the wind there, the wind's. Been? Howling, ISN'T it.
Speaker 13: Yes no i mean to tell you how my.
Speaker 1: BEST friend please, do i, we first.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 13: Grew up we Together We, went To Sunday school the glenarra's mesis when we were. When we were three then we went on and we went went into the bum because it. Wasn't prepping those days it Was A Bum glenar irish state school and right. Through that state school then we both ended UP. Going on to mlc and now to this day there's SEVEN of us from mlc who still get together once.
Speaker 9: A month for lunch.
Speaker 13: We're all turning EIGHTEEN.
Speaker 1: On. M, l c girls wow well. There's a story. There oh good wow when you say when you Say, that church in glenaris? Which one and where? What?
Speaker 13: Was it called one next to the State School, in High Street okay Glen Irish Road.
Speaker 1: On, glen irish road yeah right next.
Speaker 13: Door TO the, SCHOOL yet, I didn't i.
Speaker 1: Can't i can't remember I'M sure there was, i just can't remember can't in my mind now my mind's eyes see, a church along there but, No doubt there, was.
Speaker 13: Oh, my, word, there, was yes yes, yes right next door because we used to go in there into their hall from the school to do wonders things and DEATH?
Speaker 1: HAVE you and i I think you and i talked Some time Ago back. Glen our state school they sent me the book there's a history of. That lovely little.
Speaker 13: School, that's, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah yes IT'S fantastic dad and i go back to.
Speaker 13: When we started death so we've been friends for?
Speaker 1: What seventy seven, years seventy seven years and you're little takers And both. Keeping, well god willing.
Speaker 13: Yeah a, few extra joints replaced, but other. Than, that thank heaven no. We're both, Chugging, on.
Speaker 1: Well well ellen we've all had a few. Joints, over the, years yes, not those oh Sorry right or feaning, George, Thought you're sharing, helen god Bless you and so i'll. Always got. To talk thank you helen's down their, safety beach and says really blowy one double three six nine three any rain Window where you are arthur's Before. We, Got into cereal yeah.
Speaker 7: I'll be very Quick the best, friend lee passed Away. The same as jim you went to school and they. Lived around the corner so he opened up the ies to told me how. To Be Chess. MASTERS franks sister radio I. Still got one sandsai His first ONE was westminster and i Sent A couple To simon Owens and dennis and phil and it Was a lot of. God bless his soul so?
Speaker 14: What was?
Speaker 1: It called?
Speaker 20: What?
Speaker 1: BRAND was it arthur A.
Speaker 7: Little Way w a But i've got A sandsai one and i can still get.
Speaker 1: Him in THE ash so sands i spelled. ITS slowly for me i want. To, WRITE it down yes.
Speaker 7: I was just double CHECK ON that S a N s ai for. India at the end, i've GOT one, Brand sands I said. Korean or japanese brand i've got one. BRAND in the packet i was listening to the initial reaction tonight on it? Ready to GO on you REMEMBER i told you i go for walks and take the train syst the, radio on.
Speaker 1: The beaches and so when you're listening, to the transistor radio then when you're doing your, walk on the beach how are? You listening to it have have you got that up to your ear or you if you got A, little earphone in, no it's.
Speaker 7: PRETTY loud you know i got another pocket one of my nephew gave me. And THEY'RE pretty loud and i. Don't need the police and you know it says the. Battery IN the phone and i just like. The trans's THE radio Who REMEMBER. I like jim's tv i guarantee you with, A set top box i. Could get it, working.
Speaker 1: You're clever? Man Do you know And i'll share because i'm Sure other people around australia would have done something. Similar over the years there was a time when one of the programs we all had to Listen to was The american top forty CASEY casem AND so i remember i was due to be, singing in the church playing the guitar and, singing IN the church but, I just said no. I don't want to. I don't want to i don't. Want TO do it so. I didn't go in there were some other people in the playing, the MUSIC as well, BUT i said no i wanted to sit outside listen to the Last Half hour of casey caseum rather than. Going to The church It said. Michael's in ashburton excellent do.
Speaker 7: You know the FIRST song that when i first came on board introduced TO a w which i. Used To listen to simon owen's. PLAYED it for ME A Song Called i Love. My radio by pappy he still plays it. Once in a while it's. AN old disco song i used to PLAY It.
Speaker 1: ON The dj Dix, i, love MY radio.
Speaker 7: YEAH which i do i used, To, SLEEP with. It god i sleep my mum. WOULD take it away i want to. Listen to the radio who you REMEMBER they HAD three A W u three x y three yez all written down and with the dial for. Then, twenty two whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did three year z. All of, those stations YOU go three. D b as well westminster WAS the.
Speaker 7: First one i had it work really allowed with A mind bowlb, Battery, just so.
Speaker 1: Cool ardie we've got the. Cerial on the way nice to talk and? What about this text have to listen to this talk about the. Wind and toe. WINDY it's so windy i Just stepped Outside and dorothy and. Toto just flew. Past it's very funny the cereal. It's coming Up Next it. Is australia overnight morning got a fun little game that we might play after the news coming. Up at Four O'clock. It Is australia overnight i'm tony mcmaanus one double. Three six nine three for those that, are sending texts, through we love them except that when you send it and you've got a link of some description it might be to a YouTube link or, a new site link they can't be. Opened Via the text now i'm happy to still receive those if you've. Got something really special the best way to, do that is email and the EMAIL is overnights at Threeaw. Dot com dot AU overnights at three Aw. Dot com dot Au.
Speaker 5: Now This is Australia overn. Eyed with tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Wherever You. Are right across australia good to. Know that you're there we'll go back to calls. In just a moment of duels will come. To You very Surely Julian, mark of stall chris you can, join us as well one double. Three six nine three anything you want to. Raise on the program i've just been having a bit of fun with questions like how did you? Meet your best friend and the other one was, what's the first thing the first very thing you remember about buying. With your own money if you've just, woken up four o'clock what's the first thing you remember buying? With your Own money, she early for me it would have been. A simple little thing it, only probably eight nine, TEN years, of ages i recall Would have been. The western's wagon wheel. Back in those days part of the paper around getting paid a dollar five bank the dollar still got it mean as and. Spend the, five cents sad news. Sad sad sad news And that. Is And i'm sad and i'm sure there'll Be people right across australia. Of a certain demographic, interesting they bought it brought. The release into me you Didn't know about this Jay and certainly a gabe. Said, NOT too sure well i can Tell You, The Great, bobby, sherman, bobby sherman singer actor quintessential shaggy head teen idol if you like the sixties, in the. Early seventies has died. He was eighty one his wife has announced three months ago that the entertainment had been diagnosed. With stage four cancer posting the News, of the, death instagram she said it's with THE heaviest heart that i share the passing And My. Beloved husband bobby sherman bobby left this, world holding my hand just as he held up, our, life with love courage and unwaiving grace through all twenty nine. BEAUTIFUL years of Marriage, i was his cinderella, he was my prince and even, in his final days he. Stayed strong For Me that's who bobby, sherman.
Speaker 15: Was at night makes me sadyad bring me down a tossing and turning and freezing and burning and crying.
Speaker 3: All Through the, night lature lature later allow, me to legor nature leap.
Speaker 35: To nature here you thinking, offered me.
Speaker 8: To leasure.
Speaker 3: Relious to be there.
Speaker 31: We had.
Speaker 3: SO much fun together i was sure that you, were my.
Speaker 40: But me you.
Speaker 10: Baby's driving me crazy it's got me wandering all.
Speaker 3: The, Time, to nature, lature Lady.
Speaker 36: Love me.
Speaker 24: Nat Lature.
Speaker 5: La bick, to latu you're thinking honored me.
Speaker 37: Till later.
Speaker 16: You, still be there.
Speaker 3: Honne YOU cried the, day i love you Even though we.
Speaker 15: Knew honor, couldn't stay but baby Remember our baby, back september until then hour.
Speaker 9: Write You every day.
Speaker 1: Ju i'm going to say he was a bit. Of a front runner he MAY have just preceded I Reckon. PEOPLE like David cassidy I just i'm thinking sherman was doing, things in the sixties Just Prior to say david cassidy coming the superstar that HE became. Via The tv show bobby. Sherman was my recollection was on a, lot of magazine covers teen magazines back. In the those days but. Passed Away eighty one christopher Sherman With the children tyler sherman was married. A couple of, times his current wife they've been, together for a While But he had bridget sherman when. He was really little. Patty was another wife and so it. Is, The, sad news julie Julie? Do you love? ME another big. Hit i think big his Other Big, Hit Was, Easy Coming, Easy Go easy Come Easy go for bobby sherman did a bit. Of acting teen idol People Might remember From here comes the brides, All, Those, Years, ago julie julie julie? Do you love me look at all the publications All Now reporting that. Bobby Sherman Has died even. Fox News. Bless Him teen heartthrob bobby sherman, passed away Eighty One. THE great Bobby sherman i bet julian Would Know. More about bobby sherman, Do, YOU remember him, julie.
Speaker 17: I CERTAINLY do but when i, Was, a young.
Speaker 1: Boy Yeah very much. AND i'm not sure i, haven't LOOKED at it but i don't ever Remember. Him coming to, australia he, may Have really sure.
Speaker 17: Now i've got it we were watching an old film. Of Nineteen sixty one rogerson, hammerstein's Flower drum song which hammerstein never got to sing because he died in nineteen Sixty Was Flower drum song NANCY kuan k w a. And she's STILL alive i'm sure i don't know Flower Drum Song that rogerson hammerstein's chinese musical directly On The stage by gene kelly. In nineteen fifty eight sandra music. WAS nineteen fifty nine i Enjoyed Being, A. Girl san francisco usa remember. ALL the big Numbers i.
Speaker 1: Must confess i'm Not familiar with.
Speaker 17: The julian flower drum song Not staged in the melbourne theaters apparently had a Problem casting of an asian cast. THAT wouldn't be today I don't think many australian tennents of stage. Cloud drums on live I'm.
Speaker 1: Not too sure i've. Ever heard of it, would it have been would Have Been. Done On broadway.
Speaker 17: Broadway nancy quan Did. Not didn't get chining i've.
Speaker 8: Got.
Speaker 17: The Post guy nancy James shagita WAS another STARUM so I Think. I was nancy quan.
Speaker 1: I can't help. YOU i know yesterday I don't, KNOW whether i well i can mention that THERE'S no. Question that i can't got A Lovely, note from allan HOWE who senior journalist i think Former end of the herald son a senior journalist and still does a lot Of. Writing for the australian alan passed on a note in terms of the storyline. About the time MUSIC were you and? I, TALKING about.
Speaker 17: That yes i don't think. They Ever came here.
Speaker 1: So allen gave some great background around that and to the recent Passing Of. Cour OF hans paulsen but i wasn't familiar with the time music or so you've just raised ANOTHER one with which i certainly.
Speaker 17: Was not familiar, either now a PIONEER you say that, i didn't come here didn't. Come here at all played for a Long Time At the Dominion Theater court In, west end of london But. It didn't come now then there Was a pioneer of australian screen advertising and the. Company still exists today he Lived into a Regular His. NAME was val Morgan I.
Speaker 1: COULDN'T read Vell Morgan i Think Rosemary margan and graham Kennedy Used to do vell mulgan ads.
Speaker 17: You do the ad Welcome You to The denty theater And Morbial this Is Prince mansfield, and rosemary margan yes now a number announcer used to do.
Speaker 33: With the.
Speaker 17: D everywhere that's right graham used to do the ad with a leg Of Meat for the south melbourne market that. Nobody seemed to remember do you remember announced that used to also do the charsie By The. Name, Of, JIM hilkey whatever.
Speaker 1: Well i can tell You That the great jim Hilkey Is A passionate. Melbourne football club supporter he had an illustrious career. For many many years he was part of the brute force that was Three, k z in melbourne along, with Mister o' Gorman mister hookey was there was a great lineup, of some fantastic people Including Our, Very Own billy panell barry ian all worked in Those days with mister HOOKEY at three k z he's alive and well And Still. Follows the melbourne demons, Good. MORNING to you jim.
Speaker 17: I do remember. He he was exceller do You Remember who invented roland jeffers? And THE arts bossoms and i don't Think. It was very humphreys what you Don't?
Speaker 1: Think, IT was. HUMPHREYS no i.
Speaker 17: Don't i saw times on stage and he would. Say that line up somebody, else said that before and It?
Speaker 1: Wasn't What, before edner before edner there was somebody else. Who used that expression.
Speaker 23: And roller.
Speaker 17: Captains, down the. AISLE now other thing i remember three little boys we had that we were rated by a lady in a local cinema when we did not. Stand for The queen that was, that was league law. You had to say And At, the old state bank all the banks had a Big picture of the. Queen with the flag When, Was that ash.
Speaker 1: Well i'm not too. SURE it was abolished i don't think abolish is probably a bit. OF a hard work i think it, just became not ah not quite as the requirement. For it from community probably it didn't have quite the same, sense in a bank purely because the. Banks changed hands too they had different dimensions in terms, of their corporate position and it may not have worked for. Them at that time you.
Speaker 17: COULD be right there i remember also that they USED to have every taa Plaine Use? Of er elizabeth royal DID they r first taa SEVEN TO SEVEN V h T G a Tango Julian Alpho? Or Sir james hook and I'm Sure they had elizabeth? Royal And the plane? Could, I'm be Correct.
Speaker 1: Well i'll ask nathan kosh.
Speaker 8: About that.
Speaker 1: Next week that's fascinating so would that have been for all brands Or just you, know quantus for example would answered TO have had that taha?
Speaker 17: In a friendly way i'm just. Trying to remember that so you do Remember? Thing about the queen do you know? About that, Being Shown Of course sir eric peace would close with the epilot rememberable years.
Speaker 1: He would to the great epilogues and you and you and you and you and You and on a saturday morning when they ARE very in the tv where they WOULD, open up the tv and that little man would race around the studio opening up the studio for our First shows on a, saturday morning?
Speaker 17: On nine wasn't it she was, Always, ON the back, yes, I think so mate Play. About her in england. That wasn't done here we CALL my husband and i.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, and beautiful impersonation julian thank YOU my husband And. I terribly terribly. British you're just gorgeous, Thank. You for that julian and we'll do this. When we, Come, Back your calls chris mark. You you'll be next it is the great program. We know and love there is. A Straighter, every night it's justine, good morning, to you lovely. Text a lovely voice thank you for. An early. Morning CHEERIO thank you whenever I hear, the song tony maca this is from who? Sent this one through it Doesn't, say Ends IN oh it's. John P thank you when I, Heard, The song julie Julie Julie? Do You Love, me by bobby sherman It reminds Me Of, Walton's in chapel Street Paran near the pran hall the. Year nineteen seventy, One. Good on you john not too sure why the memory Would. That be with waltons was it being played in the store perhaps, or around that time but it WAS a big hit a great radio stations LIGHT the aforementioned THREE kz Or five KA in adelaide six Pr. Six pm in perth Would Have All. PLAYED julie julie jue i know we PLAYED at A, three va in belaret didn't we feel we in the early part, of the late seventies early. Part of the eighties. Come and join us we've got plenty of. Room on the board anything you want to, raise on the program. JUST a little note i was fascinated because we're all Being asked by The President, of the united states, the the, wonderful cursor the, Swearer The. F worder donald trump that'll be the big story un. Doing the day today but he talks about whether or not we should be spending. More money on defense i'd be fascinated to find, out from the listener as do you reckon we should be spending? More money on DEFENSE So Papers Today uk prime Minister geirstahama has declared britain has committed to spending five percent five percent of its economic output on, output on the defense in line with a pledge set to BE announced this week's Nato, summit IN the netherlands which i think is a the way today. And tomorrow five percent The question is will australia move up to those sort of levels and from. Where's the money coming, where's, The Money coming, honey Chris. Brody morning oh.
Speaker 41: Mac where we could spend more money to protect and send a few Emailster different arrang's at ford w during the week is most people are legally and contrabank it into this, country illegally through unmanned unsecured outback and coastal airstrips and not actually by boat Right Where that By federal Member of parliament in september, Two thousand and two so federal parler been aware this for. Years and a lot To put that to nigel if that's not a confront issue for them promoting. A great airline instry but those coastal and outback airstripts, are unmanned and unsecured so. Anything could fly In it, could be russian spires it could be contraband. It, Would be anything YES so.
Speaker 1: Why am i hearing about this? For the first time So you're saying that australia is a wash with people flying in. Into, country regional.
Speaker 41: Airports yeah those airstrips and they may only just be virtually like. Paddies, THAT are read yeah I know what they i.
Speaker 1: Know what they are But coming into what? Queensland, they're coming into where how they how? Are they doing that where are they coming.
Speaker 41: In From the western strate south as could even be Predominantly in Parts of victoria around, gippsland and you know and other other ways. That they get in they might get a big ship to transport and there's there's the border security in order to check it underneath the vessels in hidden.
Speaker 25: Areas that would be.
Speaker 1: Coming in a tour so where did you get this piece? Of the juicy information A federal.
Speaker 41: Member of parliament and he was giving me a lot of moral, Support when my, dad jimmy passed Away Was buried At mason center. In september twenty Two to my dad jimmy And my mother's, uncle frank mc manors we're both laded, members of THE, left the d lp and they defected to support the rather uncle JUST breakup of the alb in THE late nineteen fifty i stood foe within the left wing And Where The Federal, batman federal octate assembly that's a dofer president reservoir of branches where they've become struggles to hold on to rather than being safe seats is when they are none, of those other brand, not our form rebrand but none of the other branches moved away from the traditional class roots of the l people from the left into that support, and the socialist left and people could.
Speaker 1: View, what's the difference well.
Speaker 41: Socialists people feel socialism is in the, same means as communism in The, same means.
Speaker 1: As no it's not Live, in closely related chris.
Speaker 41: That's what people thought and so well, they got it?
Speaker 1: Wrong, didn't, they, really no no no.
Speaker 41: This is definitely true and PEOPLE didn't trust the oura if you're going to bring any form of communism or socialism into.
Speaker 1: Our but communism is a very different beast to the idea of socialism in the. Context, that, you're, explaining yeah yeah.
Speaker 41: Yeah that's fair enough and Also tell.
Speaker 1: YOU and i'm not i just want to take you up on the idea of alerting, people to you know floods of people coming from around the world and landing country And. Regional, airports around australia yeah well.
Speaker 41: They're, unmanned and unsecured.
Speaker 1: Well that may or may. NOT be the case i can't, confirm that right now but we have really, quite phenomenal security systems regional regional systems that are all in place. That, do Monitor movement yeah but westerns there's not dozens and dozens of aircraft. LANDING in regional airports a they can't do that large aircraft and just outloading passengers and they're just allowed TO then wander, into i don't know little country regional towns and. Say, well we're here hello.
Speaker 41: Well, You do el chapo federal parlmon known about. This FOR twenty years so i WILL transport in torpedo t one or two men some marines into the coatlat between The. NORTHERN beaches of news i was up to the top end of coins lane contraband and that was washing. Up on the sours it might have even been? What years was this oh this isn't more in recent, years of federal problem known, about this for years that they try to smuggle in, through the darker night or treasure from metal sort of type ships or small vessels onto wooden raft that they can they think they can avoid detection from drones and helicopters and other. Top of, the centers but, yeah and sometimes yeah. That's the federal problem known. About that for years, You KNOW the stuff, and.
Speaker 1: I say it it's just it's just known, It's known by whom because you say, IT'S known by whom i.
Speaker 41: Don't, Know, about it no no, all federal parliamentarians past present.
Speaker 1: And interfual they all know about it.
Speaker 41: And been known. About it for years see there's something they say we are we can or can't talk about all we're not actually told because it's not a current news On more, because, it i'll say oh why weren't? We told about this because it's like saying if people try to to, fire THE retired Place and i think i've always got me two steps In front, of the victoria plane the place sit down every multiple times every week in groups and even do boleplays themselves how to get around the mindset of. The high profile criminals and people always make one at least one mistake. When they're, passing on yeah.
Speaker 1: True they always, Do, good on you chris not. TO cover off THERE i suddenly feel i. Need a shower again one double three six nine three. Is A telephone number hugh markey will. Come to you next didn't think you want to raise on the program. For the TEXT line and if i look at this list, OF texts coming through i can't read. Any of them out that includes your text ending in one seven four funny can't read it out one double three six nine three tech line zero four double seven six nine. Three six NINE three and, as i mentioned earlier for those that are trying to send a message through, that has a link whether it be a, link to a website link, to a YouTube channel we can't collect. Those via our system you can do that though via email overnights plural three at W dot com.
Speaker 8: Dot you.
Speaker 1: Never been a great one. For the conspiracy theories, not TOO sure why and i may be in. THE minority about that i know so many of those conspiracy type theories have been doing the rounds, for not two, minutes not ten, minutes but, probably many many decades and there. Are many of them it's a bit like it's a bit like, religion in that sense in the world, of, religious and beliefs somebody not everybody can be right about their Particular religion religious belief it's a bit. Like the conspiracy theory so many they, can't all BE correct, cannot be, I digress, settle down bad tone go. Back to sleep now. Good tone is, Back Having said that jeff kennet writes a great piece in. The paper, this Morning. Good morning, mister kennett he says for. All community minded individuals The greatest challenge in victoria lies ahead of a state is facing headwinds of a. Magnitude never before. Faced it is calamitous it. IS a, calamitous call i know but. Numbers do not lie where, the level of debt the cost of servicing that debt, Has never been higher where the quality of services that should be provided by, government a rapidly declining and the taxes the charges being paid by the state citizens and businesses, are at record levels destroying the. Very concept of, aspiration say that again citizens and businesses record levels of destroying the. Very, concept of aspiration wow it Is. The future. OF victoria goes on i believe the current government has disqualified themselves. From being re elected the opposition has. Been eating its own there is still time for those committed to the state's welfare. To show, their hand, while some even many WILL not like what, i have written here. It IS the truth so I declare the great victorian challenge open to all who want to put the state's interest before Their. Own and imperfect kendonism, Have a, Good. DAY good morning jeff a worthy piece lives running out of time to. Prove worthy of votes is the headline come, And join me day come and have your say one double. Three six'. Nine three chris is correct a contraband being. Smuggled in on small boats.
Speaker 8: It was in.
Speaker 1: The news, not long ago oh look it's beening. Around For a long time so i'm not, Dismissing that linen any way. That's always been. The case that's not new but the idea of people flooding in via our COUNTRY and regional airports that. I would have. To Check i'm, Not, sure markey stall morning marca thank you For your little note.
Speaker 11: To it was, Much, appreciated that's all right yeah absolute day from is to be, a start last, night, then.
Speaker 3: So danging way well you would.
Speaker 1: HOPE that is the case i mean to be in, that part. Of the world who knows it's, a moment, by moment impact you know that's. The that's the brutal reality if you, get a bit of sleep if you feel sufficiently relaxed to just go out and, HAVE a bite to eat i would have. Thought that was.
Speaker 34: A blessing oh exactly exactly he's suddenly a couple more fados during the or he's morning whatever it.
Speaker 20: Is over there lose time.
Speaker 17: They, have his little grandchildren.
Speaker 1: Yeah he sent me some beautiful photos as well. As, the of the, kids no.
Speaker 13: That's the maining you know it's just good to.
Speaker 23: So he's still trudging.
Speaker 17: Along that's the Main thing now are you.
Speaker 1: Are you in a position yet to talk about the love affair of? Twenty twenty five twenty six we'll.
Speaker 13: Just.
Speaker 29: See what happens again plane the boss is going, to, Get a plane.
Speaker 10: Ticket mate and that's it it's all jump on the plane and came.
Speaker 1: Over all DONE and.
Speaker 7: Dust searches that i have.
Speaker 17: To use a vacuum planer.
Speaker 1: What you should make sure the place. Is looking spick and span, If and, When she.
Speaker 3: Arrives oh yeah i've got.
Speaker 20: TO go to meake forget i got to find out. Where, the tight art part well you, don't.
Speaker 1: Need to do it know what are? You going to drive down why? Wouldn't you get a driver why would you get? Somebody to drive her up would you like me to pick her up for you and to?
Speaker 8: Take?
Speaker 10: Her, up to store ah no IF you're driving an.
Speaker 17: ELECTRIC i could bring her.
Speaker 1: I could Bring. Her up in the warrior.
Speaker 8: Then she would BE worried there you go i could.
Speaker 1: Bring Her Up. In the warrior landing store where? Would we go for lunch.
Speaker 42: Mm Hmmm a good hold get.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking we Might Sneak Down to the Royal. Mail hotel. In dunk hell you can You. Can, pay in, Dunk eld yeah Right Right you've got plenty and i'll tell you what if, You pay for the FOOD i'll. Select the wine, i drink, she.
Speaker 10: Doesn't drink doesn't, drink doesn't drink or eats.
Speaker 1: Doesn't drink or eat meat, get, out while you can mark, get out while you can? Doesn't drink or. Eat meat.
Speaker 34: Ah uh Uh, and church on a sunday which would give me.
Speaker 20: A couple of past quiet.
Speaker 1: So when when do we? Expect? The plane to arrive.
Speaker 20: Oh, I've been waiting so well. I'll Just got a text but i'm worry about that after this.
Speaker 23: Has been, raining since midnright.
Speaker 1: After you which is good that's encouraging, to be? Pleased, WITH that wouldn't.
Speaker 8: You yeah i, Can't, confine good.
Speaker 1: On you markey keeping. Touch we'll Talk again soon, In Michaelphn, hello jan morning.
Speaker 43: Hello JOHNNY just to say? Will i take?
Speaker 20: You?
Speaker 8: Speaker how?
Speaker 1: Are you jen i'm.
Speaker 43: Well thank you that's Good now. You're, talking about trump's sweariness yeah it's a good idea.
Speaker 34: To watch the whole.
Speaker 43: Interview it's, quite in life it.
Speaker 1: Was it was pretty compelling but the question is will his will his his. Sort of throb of followers will they be enlightened to hear the leader of The Free president of the united states as swearing. In, FRONT of the camera.
Speaker 43: Look i think he's done.
Speaker 1: That before and his followers has he done that. In front of the camera.
Speaker 43: He has done things when he didn't know, that the microphones WERE on, especially during the covid periods with all sorts of. Things that came out then but his followers.
Speaker 27: Don't care what he.
Speaker 43: Does they still follow.
Speaker 1: Him there in lies the problem for. ME that, they should care i mean that's what happened when another another person Was. On the rise in europe his followers didn't care and supported. Him.
Speaker 14: And, it didn't, End well no that's right but the?
Speaker 43: Interesting should we should.
Speaker 1: Care they should care. About who's leading the nation.
Speaker 14: You're, treating me LIKE your mark, NOT unless i DON'T know i promise.
Speaker 1: You i, Don't, Mean To do that jen but i'm having a robust discussion. About a pretty important issue and you know that, people should care, what house they.
Speaker 7: Should care they should.
Speaker 43: Care but The interesting thing Is that trump has put. Natato in the, Naughty corner he's not happy he's not made it quite clear in that longer, interview if you watch it And He Can, see his nobel peace, prize and he You know. He knows the, trump magnificent no one could no one can. Do things better than him.
Speaker 40: But Who has not done?
Speaker 1: What trump told him to hasn't He Been nominated for the, nobel peace pros not yet but he reckons.
Speaker 42: HE'S going to be.
Speaker 1: Well i, thought he had been nominated but no other country Had Nominated Him. For, the nobel peace, prize WELL they might HAVE and i think And i think, it was pakistan who said Because, HE'S done a.
Speaker 14: Standing jobstan i Think it was Really.
Speaker 1: Nominated Pakistan. For, the nobel, peace prize.
Speaker 43: Oh last night when we, were TALKING about lame ways and i called the.
Speaker 13: The.
Speaker 43: Duney truck the night cart we, did have a dummy truck but. It didn't come at, night it wasn't a nightcart and dunny then came up in the daytime and so we often saw it and it.
Speaker 1: Thank mmmm the witch bank.
Speaker 14: He had a bad?
Speaker 23: Smell?
Speaker 27: What?
Speaker 1: The s bank?
Speaker 43: Anyway really.
Speaker 28: What is?
Speaker 1: That what it was?
Speaker 13: Called, what, the duney truck yeah.
Speaker 33: No we.
Speaker 43: Called it the duney?
Speaker 42: Truck oh did you okay the dummy, men they would.
Speaker 43: Come up there'd be three there'd be two doing. The, cans AND one driving yeah and i think the, driver was a lucky.
Speaker 1: One, JUST you, would think so i mean, it must. Have been amazing, AMAZING work and you know i remember the days when the. Rubbish bins would be collected they were usually steel bins and. You put two out there this is a, long time before you know we had. Those big council rubbish bins you had to, buy your own rubbish bins so, you put those out there and then there'd be two or three people to. Each truck emptying the bins as the, year truck would go.
Speaker 42: Along we'd, have one.
Speaker 24: One.
Speaker 43: Person emptying a one driving and if one of the things back in those days was that sometimes you lose.
Speaker 26: The lead of your.
Speaker 43: Bin you wouldn't lose it the garbage, men would lose the, course they'd run over it and then you had to get a new bin because you couldn't. Buy Just the lid separately. Mitchill ins didn't sold separately, they did in the seventies but back. In, the sixties they.
Speaker 1: Didn't yeah different time a jan always. Good to have a yak thank. You have a good one see lots, Of text coming in religions tony make should. Be, Banned for many reasons well i'm not really sure. THAT you can ban religion i. Don't believe in that. Either you can't ban religion people have always been. Somewhat religious and or spiritual but, when you think about it you've got two point eight thousand different versions. Of this thing called. Religion nothing wrong, WITH that everybody, Has one i. Have one you have, one, Religion should be banned no and when that has been tried to be banned in other nations it. Does not end well, either just going by history religions you say should be banned for many reasons that open minded people understand better than most deniers, who were just brush serious who brush serious matters under the carpet And believe in the fiery godmother whilst. Being a total tax wrought well. There's that too as well to do a, Whole thesis just on that beverly will come to you straight after This to. A, part of australia, revenight Yeah when you, hear as markey pointed out, Lots Of text coming, in mark you'll love this but you'll hear comments like doesn't eat meat and doesn't Drink and is flying in there are in my little mind and. It is a, little mind as you know it sort, Of, rings a few bells marky.
Speaker 20: Just, be a.
Speaker 1: Bit careful morning.
Speaker 44: Good morning it has been said that all religions. Have one thing in common. It's called the golden mean, if you heard.
Speaker 1: Of that just remind us we.
Speaker 44: Can be pushing two versions one version is do unto others as you would, have them do unto you and the other version is? What is hateful to you. Do not do, TO others.
Speaker 1: My father says i do unto others before.
Speaker 8: They, do, IT to YOU.
Speaker 44: Well yes i mean i. Think, that's where. Wars, start actually isn't it.
Speaker 1: WELL well maybe it doesn't i don't know that, he ever started a war but. He always took the view he always took the, view in relationships and business do unto others? Before they do unto you?
Speaker 44: Is it? A, business principle IS it well that's anyway i think. We should turn to. Communism, if, THAT'S the case well.
Speaker 1: No i don't KNOW it is about common i think it's just a strategy that meaning.
Speaker 44: We should turn, we should turn to communism if, that's THE principle of capitalism which. I, don't think it is?
Speaker 1: Actually, WHAT do you mean sorry i don't. Understand the reference to? Communism well didn't you say?
Speaker 45: What did you?
Speaker 10: Just say due to?
Speaker 1: Others what was it against so the theory the theory was it, WAS a. Throw a light i guess but he would often say and do under, it would, be quoting that you, know misquoting if you like do unto others. Before, they do unto you yes that is that.
Speaker 44: Referring to, OUR capitalist. System that's so i, Said, if that's the.
Speaker 1: Case well that's the system that's that's that's the, system, in which.
Speaker 44: We, WORK though isn't it well i, think if that's the case it's a good methods for good. Reason, TO turn to communism no.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. That's the case at all who would want to go down and? Live in a, communist situation. Communist a nation communist, Economy that, was a joke oh. Right that was A Joke, That was, a Jake, joyce thank you great. Graham, that was. A. Joke beverly, Thank you, dirk good morning. Comden morning it's good.
Speaker 42: Morning i'm actually camper.
Speaker 8: Down we're, good on you. Thank You.
Speaker 1: Good. Beautiful camperdown thanks dirk.
Speaker 34: Listen i've.
Speaker 8: Got a couple of stories was.
Speaker 42: EARLIER on about the transistors i Don't think anybody Mentioned. The AUSTRALIAN made transistor chrysler.
Speaker 1: Now i do remember them where, Would? THEY have been, produced Dirk.
Speaker 42: I can't remember but i've actually got one and, it MAYBE nineteen sixty finally, but i think it was and it's, still going.
Speaker 1: THE christ transition so they i. Remember, them doing car radios yeah and.
Speaker 42: There was another Company. Doing car rega Called?
Speaker 8: Feris do You?
Speaker 1: Remember parah do Remember peris, were they also australian.
Speaker 42: Made, Yes a restraining as well.
Speaker 8: But whether or.
Speaker 42: Not Someone mentioned in earlier but i've. Got another more serious story i've been watching on the. COMPUTER on YouTube just lately a lot of people.
Speaker 8: In the city.
Speaker 42: Are the palestine and.
Speaker 34: All that Sort of.
Speaker 42: Thing, ALL the muslim people Look i. DON'T care that Muslims Whatever I Don't care christian Muslim, israel jews to the palistine That People realize That in gaza wing the americans, deliver all all, the goods all, the lots the Water flower the must are actually we're stealing, it as the trucks arrived must of getting there before.
Speaker 8: The people that need it they.
Speaker 42: Get up on the trucks. It's steal all the Goods they shot fifty one palestinians repuidly to get, them away from the trucks and they sell that. Stuff on the black market.
Speaker 1: Well that's why they're not they're not flavor. Of the month at all. With those sort of People no.
Speaker 42: One talks, about october seven you know they're all talking.
Speaker 8: About, how, bad he is right well a lot of.
Speaker 1: People are talking about, seven, that was, a dreadful. Dreadful dreadful attack.
Speaker 42: Dreadful time and another Thing People are talking that. Mekan yahoo IS a, monster it was i rained IT broke to The piece I.
Speaker 23: Ran, BY roberts at israel.
Speaker 1: WELL i wish you could i wish you could get over. There and sort it out it'll be a great thing. To be able. To do, good on. You thank you, my plumber, this is funny my plumber look. Down our block septic tank he turned to me with, a serious look and said there's a smell down there. That would out last religion pack up your travels in your. Old, kit. Bag and smile smile smile we want to say URU to Everybody. At six pr in perth. LOOK forward to coming. Tonight i won't be here pat will be here from ten o'clock your. Time when we come back jimmy'smo asks. The, pertinent question this Morning.
Speaker 5: Now This is As straightior Open Eyes.
Speaker 1: With tony McManus, JIMMY zabo just, a Moment. I think yes says anthony i think the person. Has been watching my. Ammy wece, tone not, surprised that's. Very very funny excellent work if you're sending emails through you CAN do that overnights At threeaw dot com DOT au overnight at Three. Aw dot com Dot. Au another, One, From joan Good, morning, JOAN joan says tony well. I do enjoy the program you're sometimes your psychasm and self, righteous manner, can BE really really annoying. And i often switch off please, Remember. It's not about. You joan you're absolutely correct my humble apologies if that is how it. Comes across in my mind it's just purely the idea of having a conversation where we challenge each other as to how we have. Arrived at a particular, position if that comes across, AND it's not my intention i promise you. That you find that annoying but it's just really the idea of quizzing people as to how. They arrive at that position lots, Of other, emails as well thank you you can keep those sitting those through one double three six nine. Three is a Telephone number the email IS overnights at three a. W dot Com dot. Au, It's, A, Wednesday, morning jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy.
Speaker 38: The.
Speaker 36: Damn jimmy.
Speaker 1: Jimmy jimmy jimmy And We love it when Jimmy Sabo Is here from jackie felgate's DRIVE. Program, at three, A w jimmy good, Morning.
Speaker 28: Good morning to you tainny McManus, with, a bit of. News laughs companionship from midnight it's always, good to, listen to You my. Friend as a?
Speaker 1: Richmond supporter how you doing.
Speaker 20: You?
Speaker 28: Have, to, BRING it up look look i know where.
Speaker 1: We're at as you speak just reach out And hold my.
Speaker 28: Hand and, i'll hold, yours all right well listen you can listen to Me And, Listen to me. Winch, no i'm actually okay honestly we're. On the journey, We've seen.
Speaker 1: We're.
Speaker 28: Doing okay, we're doing okay you, know AFTER the thing was, AFTER i, SAW three premierships i said i. Don't really, Care what happened you know i'm fulfilled in.
Speaker 31: My life as a rich.
Speaker 45: I'm so what you think you might go go through for the rest, of your days on earth maybe Never seeing another, decent final maybee.
Speaker 1: You got you've got a good soul in sixty or seventy years and?
Speaker 33: What, are you talking about well maybe.
Speaker 28: You never know what happens but after that AND after, The three premierships i saw. I'm pretty happy and content and there's also been SOME pretty pretty good. Signs, i think this year yeah we Had a shaker against the bulldogs on the weekend and before that It. Was pretty bad. Against sydney, but it's, Okay they're young they're. Improving we've seen. Some signs it's all good how Are you? Feeling as a melbourne supporter only?
Speaker 1: HALF as half, as mild i think again as you he looks as if, you know based on, really you've got to say probably going to miss out even, getting close, to the finals. But miracles miracles. Can Happen enough, about FOOTING jimmy, zabo is as, i mentioned the executive Director the, executive producer and jackson program which gets underway from three o'clock this Afternoon here on three aw but this morning it's Over To you To The. Dear listener on australia overnight well For.
Speaker 28: Everyone listening to the deer, Listener And. You as well. Tony matte this was interesting at THE start of the week i was reading there is this petition going around Where do you? Know, about pokemon trading cards.
Speaker 1: Well, only only from, a, distance, to, Be honest right yeah.
Speaker 28: Yeah well apparently you can play a. PRETTY good game, with it i don't know it's like this. Strategy game that's very disciplined apparently there is this National Petition Calling on the australian olympic committee To consider it for the, olympics in Twenty thirty two to have. POKEMON cards, as a, sport, I thought, come on seriously i mean we. COULD do better than that i was thinking what. Sports activity should be considered you can Think of. Something better than pokemon cards. I've got a long list you tell me. If, any of these.
Speaker 1: Work okay this is this Is. To go into The. Olympics Go.
Speaker 28: On the, olympics gone olympics all right, get rid. Of break breaking break dancing. We've seen enough of that how. About we do parallel. PARKING we've got A competition i think the europeans would.
Speaker 8: Be pretty. Good at.
Speaker 28: That parallel, parking that's.
Speaker 1: Fantastic reverse parking reverse parking.
Speaker 28: Oh so we've got, that we've, also got reversing you. Know reverse reverse boat docking you know when you reverse your boat down the boat ramps.
Speaker 1: Are you're putting your. Boat, down into the water.
Speaker 28: Yep that'd be, good poker we could do would. Be BETTER than pokemon cards chess. I, think should be included now how? About ikea flat pack.
Speaker 1: Racing pocus a little bit. I'm going to go blackjack poke. Is a bit too slow, so you want some movement, You Want some regular activity so i'm. Going to go black checks can put, black check on the list.
Speaker 28: Black check on the list we used to call it a.
Speaker 1: Dealer, twenty one.
Speaker 28: Twenty one yeah. Nice CHESS should be considered as i, MENTIONED the flat pack racing i THINK we should. Have those iq flat packs it's a race to see who through the.
Speaker 1: Network on the living not what we want you to do is we want to sit you there hour after our. Watching two people play chess there's. A ratings winner just, there, what.
Speaker 28: About lawn mowing right you get a patch of grass and after ten minutes, you've got a mowe it whipper snip whatever and. THE best looking Grass winds i think the australian.
Speaker 7: To do, well with that oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, the quintessential lawn space yeah that'd.
Speaker 28: Be good as this one this is probably my. Favorite silent door closing contest so you've got a baby sleeping in a bed and you have, to go in, the room open the, door go to the wardrobe grab your clothes and make your way out of the room. Without WAKING the Baby up and i think i've mastered it now as a dut of what is IT in? THREE years THAT i skill i?
Speaker 1: Reckon i could do It And, can you, imagine dennis committee for example. Doing, the, Commentary around that yes well.
Speaker 46: I've, got to tell you tony what's going to happen is, look at this man here he's he's moving in.
Speaker 1: Through the children's bedroom silent he's.
Speaker 46: Got those beautiful SLIPPERS on, He's, got and i noticed tony he's Wearing, a Jacket that says lexus and i'm a bit Of a fan of the lexus.
Speaker 8: And he is.
Speaker 13: COMING together it's coming together i.
Speaker 1: Think there's a segment there.
Speaker 10: So we should start a.
Speaker 28: Petition to include these sports if anyone, else has got any suggestions please please come. To the table with. Them, But yours was good blackjack have you got?
Speaker 9: Any more?
Speaker 28: Up his bleed.
Speaker 1: Introduce blackjack ping pong just hitting. THE ping pong ball somehow i don't, know you would do that but just playing with some sort of ping pong.
Speaker 28: Ball, just against the wall yeah.
Speaker 1: Or the very favorite game. Which can be quite quick it would be a thing we used To play. As kids called chinese checkers so it's a little more it's a, little more activity around it more than steering. It aboard. Simply for. Chess, chinese checkers chinese.
Speaker 28: Checkers, yeah a good one. YEAH you'd also be good i reckon if they had General, KNOWLEDGE trivia at the olympics i reckon you'd be A good person to represent australia and a bit of general knowledge trivia competition.
Speaker 1: Trivia questions just in general. There's a really good one so we'll. Take some calls very surely one. Double three six nine three little curious little games that you think We. Could put into the olympics one. Double, three six nine three jimmy you've got the program coming, Up This afternoon of course jackie felgate underway from three o'clock here on three aw or what? Do, you got lined.
Speaker 28: Up yes a Lot Happening But, speaking of, richmond matthew richardson rich oh will we speaking to us at three point thirty. Or always brings a lot we speak a little, bit about footy with him but mostly he brings something from his personal life and we open up the Lines. And, everyone loves chapter richard yeah.
Speaker 1: He's always, a good value thank you will. Take some calls very. Surely. It's always a pleasure. JIMMY'SABO the pleasure is mine. I don't think it is i think this is my Pleasure on this. Occasion for, australia over night thank you jim if you'd. Like to jump on, board so we're little games little things that we Could. Put in to the olympics have a. Bit of fun with. It Come and join me i'm tony McMahons won double three six nine three usually imagination one. Double three six nine three we'll take. Some calls straight after this nice to every company Wherever. You are right around australia lost send Us The three at w brickie show getting underway very very surely in the, next fifteen minute or. So maybe A Little less just, AFTER david armstrong's, the news I Should say the great david armstrong happened to walk past our little studio, That, we hang out here jay did? You see him, come through And he said what about and. This is, a great nomination he says. WHAT about a little competition i don't know WHETHER you could do a tv show or Maybe whether, it would be, olympic standard but he said packing.
Speaker 3: The car.
Speaker 1: For the holiday so you've got, the kids in the car the family packing, the car for the holiday and you can have various nations. Playing off against each other Those, that were going to hawaii those That were Going to white horse in, canada where it's freezing gold Those that are going to buller, this time of the Year Which Is probably. Most melbourne football club, supporters those, that are going you know to freezing parts of the, World as world you go so?
Speaker 20: For?
Speaker 1: What would you pack what that'd be funny packing the car, for holiday one. Double three six nine three have you got anything on your list? At, this stage for packing no just generally for generally for A game show and or olympic standard oz think, About It for A. Moment ossie sports for olympics trying to find the. Car this would be, One, this is so good ronnie trying To. Find the car? In chadgton isn't that cracket you've got to Find the car park in chadgeon and the first to get ten items Through the Self checkout at cole's or safeway with. Having to call an attendant has?
Speaker 33: That?
Speaker 1: Ever happened in that fantastic that would Be on the, list At. Dodgeball for sure says robbie australians would do well to have the pie eating Pie. Eating competition in, the Olympics pie Eating Competition That's, Jenny In south, australia morning jen graham Says did you ever play? French cricket in the backyard french crickets a bell is so you'd have the bat, Down, in front of you yeah but in front of your legs and. You'd, have to tap it yeah you could. Get them through the legs french cricket if you didn't have, much space in your backyard, and, many of us didn't Sadly you could play the french. Cricket and it Was, FINE And thank You Tony. A jay and. David david nice call there let's, Take, a couple, Of calls, Angela.
Speaker 13: GOOD morning good morning tony i think something.
Speaker 40: That would, go really, well it's international, it's historical everyone loves it all age Groups Would. Be quidditch from harry, potter there are some universities lots of universities around the world that have. Teams and they already. Playing it's fantastic to.
Speaker 1: Watch so what's it. Called It's Called.
Speaker 40: Quinch quidditch when harry potter they fly broomsticks and THAT'S like fuck, sort of i don't, know basketball in the air but on the ground they test the players run around with broomstick free bitch and row balls and the guys and they have they have the golden which people the golden also comes snitch which some of the players. Have to try to chase, if they, get the stitch they, win, and it's.
Speaker 21: Very.
Speaker 40: Complex hilarious to, watch hilarious.
Speaker 1: I'm loving. It loving it loving it Did You?
Speaker 31: Ever?
Speaker 1: Play, the, chinese, checkers.
Speaker 9: Oh yes yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah that was good fun it was good fun.
Speaker 1: Because it was, really quite a simple game just once you. Got the gist of it were you just to sneak past your opponents and get all your checkers the. Other side?
Speaker 9: Of, the, board that's right yeah.
Speaker 13: Anyway give quit chick.
Speaker 8: Though thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much we'll. Look Into that excellent work thanks ande for. Being part of, The Program, Here's another one marky. Store good Morning to, you markey via tex says? What about packing a car packing a car should be A husband wife team, says mark packing The Car very. Similar to david. Armstrong's nomination well done. You here's the other one. Justine says packing. The dishwasher packing the, Dishwasher, NOW having said that jay i READ a FAIR bit about i think. I sent you the details? Didn't know packing the dishwasher? Do you rinse the dishes rinse the dishes before going? Into the dishwasher or not one Double, Three six nine. Three yes i'm. A rinser. You're a rinser i am how severely rinsed? Do they have to, be lots, of rinser ring. No wrong lots Of Wrong according to the good people a choice they, made observations said it actually the modern day dishwasher is so highly programmed that it does its job. And knows what to do and if you're putting, in dirty dish clean dishes it says that we don't need. To, do that much work yeah, so it's got little. Channels it's got little carrots you remove the food that you don't want to, lumps of food in there but you don't. Have to clean the plate, and do you know, why because you're using water whereas if you put in the dishwasher it doesn't use any. Water or very little water you're. Just using miles of water what's the? Point of having the dishwasher and who stacks? The dishwasher at your house the kids never, give the kids excellent well train them. Not, to over wash them APPARENTLY according to, the research i Did yesterday never good to french, cricket our middle stump out, Middle stump every? Single? Time wasn't that true boat this, Is A. Great one too david armstrong You'd, love this Down. In portsa down at sorrento, when you get down, there on a, regular basis boat or trailing. Trailer backing down the driveway boat or, Trailer backing, Down the, Driveway international standards cool. Kids camo's In the Newsroom that's next ross and Russ with. The three Aw brecky program that news we mentioned earlier one of the, great heart throbs late sixties, Early Part. Of the seventies bobby sherman we lost him in the last twenty four. Eighty One. Years of age bobby sherman w'd been many. In this audience will remember bobby is the heart throb, of the sixties and. Seventies one of the Many Just, Prior Reckon to. David cassidy i'm tony, McManus for all we know, we may never Meet again particularly After. What i'm doing tomorrow thursday hand your hands only ever held beheld out in friendship and never in what