Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, thanks for listening in today Simon Beaumont until one o'clock today with Perth Today. You can call in one double three a Daddy two. We'd love to hear from you on the show. We are a talkback radio station at talkback show of course, so give us a hoyay hey zero for eight seven triple nine eight eighty two is the text number as well. Have a yes no question for you in just a moment. There's some new rules it would seem for a tourism hot spot in the Southwest around Airbnbs. We'll try and find out why it is Bustleton and they are changing the rules around Airbnb's moving them out of residential areas. So we'll have a look at that on the show today. That could be that could be a game changer. Now the poly fakers shothole borer you if you're listening to Olie Peterson's Perth Live show. A couple of months ago, I think he spoke to Patrick Hall from the City of Canning, the mayor out there, and there was a company called Bioherbersides Australia who were trialing a funger side to get rid of the shothold borer. Now this it looks like this, particular to the Shothold Boar, is being extended into private properties. Have they struck up a partnership with deeperd Is the trial being extended out of Canning? And is it being a trial that is partnering up with Deeper? The state government agency will have a little look at that on the show today. That is being reported in the Subiac Post, in the Post newspaper group this morning. Good morning, Brett and Lloyd in the Gang, all your Friday favorites today, Jacko, Lisa Barnes, and Chris Murphy will be with us today and I wanted to ask you a yes, no question. Let's try and clear this up if we can.
Speaker 2: Right, Let's clear this up once and for all.
Speaker 1: Speculation continues to swirl that in the state budget, which will be handed down next week by a treasurer of Saffiotti, that the electricity rebates the credits might finish up. So the electricity rebates and credits we get. I think there's been four hundred dollars and three hundred dollars in the last couple of budgets that they may dry up. They may be no more so only speculation. It hasn't been confirmed. Rita was asked about it at a press conference yesterday, but I wanted to ask the question today, Yes or no? Do you need an electricity credit or an electricity rebate? Do you need one? Yes or no?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: Do you want one? I mean we all want one, don't we be nice to get the three hundred dollars credit off our bills? But do you need one? Yes or no? Let me know today on the show. You can text in and let us know. Why do you need an electricity credit? Yes or no? Zero four eight seven triple nine eight eighty two. I'd love to hear from you today. Do you need an electricity credit?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: Want? Do you need one? Please let me know if that is the case, let our show know. Zero four eight seven triple nine eight eighty two is our text number. And spoke to one of our listeners yesterday. This guy will be well known if you for listened to six PR for a while to mouse and mouse reckons. He's had his power bill estimated, his synergy power bill estimated. It came in four hundred dollars high. And I want to ask you that question today. Have you had your power bill estimated? And how widespread are power bill estimations? So Western Power and Synergy, you are supposed to read your meter every couple of months when they do your power bill, but they often don't. They just estimate. So do you reckon your power bill is estimated? Have you ever challenged your power bill and estimation? And have you had a win? Love to hear from you today. You can call in zero, sorry, one, double three, eight eighty two? Have you had your power bill estimated?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: When I spoke to Mouse yesterday, he got a bill of twelve hundred, well over a thousand bucks, and it was four hundred dollars high because it was an estimation. So how widespread are power bill estimations? I'd love to hear from you today. Actually, on the website, if you go onto the Synergy website, there's a paragraph on there and they quite open and transparent. They do estimate power bills a lot of the times. So have you had your power bill estimated? And have you just ever decided to challenge it? Yes or no? Questions today? Trying to clear this up today? Do you need electricity credit? The yeses are threes and the nose are two, And we've had one that's split. I don't, but my parents do. Thank you for that. So the yeses are six. Now do you need electricity credit? Love to hear from you. It's eleven minutes past nine. Steve from Canning Mills. We need scheme water. We live inside the metropolite there. Yes from Brad most definitely yes is marsa Hallo. Mars gabs that she's the split one. I don't, my folks do. Robert says I need one as a pensioner. That comes in very handy. So a lot of correspondence on this already. No, we can live without the electricity rebates is at Ashley Brenda says No, we're doing good enough that it wouldn't be the end of the world. No, don't need a rebate, says another one of our listeners. Love to hear from you today. At this stage the yeses are six and the nose are seven one double three two. Do you need an electricity credit? This hasn't been confirmed by the government as yet by Treasurer Arita, but it could be the case when the budgets handed down next week that there will not be an electricity credit or rebaate anymore. Do you need an electricity credit? Yes is six? The nose of seven back in a second, Thanks your thoughts, Thanks for your company today. Yes, no, do you need electricity credits? As opposed do you want? Do you want one? Needs and wants. Tom Percy's SEMs to say it's a bad question. Well I understand the question, Tom, and I think most of our listeners do as well. Thank you for listening in do you need an electricity credit? Not do you want one? Do you need one? In other words, are you feeling the pinch? That's what it means, Tom. The yes is a twelve and the nose are eleven. Love to hear from you today. Steve says, I've been doing power meet meet her self reads for years. He saves powerbill stress. Thanks Steve So. Synergy openly state on their website that they often do estimations of our power bills. Another correspondence here a bit of correspondence from John. My wife did the power bill read the other day? It was thirteen hundred dollars. She rang up and asked for small meter, then we can check it properly. They wouldn't give us one. They told us to read it, says John So. People do do self reading one double three eight eighty two. Do you need an electricity credit? Budgets to be handed down next week as opposed to you want one? Yes, I want to rebate to cover all the new surch charges that the companies are raising as of the first of July, says Rob. Thank you, Rob. Yes, I'm on an age pension. And says Peter, Peter, the rebates and the credits for concession card holders will continue, I reckon, and there's a lot of them. Accommodation, housing, electricity, utilities, travel, public transport. There's a lot of concessions for concession card holders and so they should be love to hear from you. Today. The city of Bussington have decided to ban short stay accommodation in certain parts of the ship, mostly around residential areas of the ship. It's a big place city of bust and Phil Cronin is the mayor and joins us.
Speaker 5: Now, gooday Phil, good morning sum How's things going.
Speaker 1: Going very well? Thanks, nice to talk to you. What why do this? Why he trying to move these airbnbs into the rental market, are you.
Speaker 5: Look, there's a number of different approaches, but one of the issues we are obviously facing from our community. Is that that pressure that is currently on the rental market. We also are dealing with the fact that we have over thirteen hundred unhosted registered properties. So I want to say unhosted that's you know, a short stake rental accommodation. So yeah, look, it's it was we got to a point where we thought, maybe we need to control this. Also, you know, there is a feeling that if you are in a particularly just a standard residential area, you know, young family with kids, the kids are going to school, and suddenly someone pops up a hotel next door to you, it's just a little bit unfair. So it's an all round solution to a number of issues and it gives us a little better controlled moving forward.
Speaker 1: Is there do I get a sense feel that maybe people who do you know, might book into Bussleton to come down for i know, for Levers Week or a festival in town or a concert or whatever it is that is around behavior as well.
Speaker 5: A little bit. Yes, we do obviously get those complaints. It's more so with a number of cars parking on the streets and then people filling up a bin that might get left out because there's no one living there when the bins bins are picked up, so bins don't get put back, or the bins are overflowing. You get issues when people do, unfortunately bring their dogs down and they leave their dogs in when they go out maybe for dinner, and the dog barks all night. So we do we do deal with those issues as well, and we're trying to move the areas down to more the sort of the tourist areas, closer to the beaches and more appropriate areas.
Speaker 1: Okay, so in Busso Phil you've got residential bussleton, you've got vas, you've got parts of duns as well. That all of these areas will be exempt from unhosted common Yeah, they'll be.
Speaker 6: Well look called non preferred. And at the end of the day, if and I want to be clear.
Speaker 5: That if you currently have a registered and unhosted it's such a long winded they used to be called holiday homes and they change the wording. But in essence, if you've got one and you keep up your you keep you know, renewing it, you will be allowed to do it. But anyone else coming in from new and they apply, they won't be allowed to. So the ones that are currently there, they'll be classed as nonconforming, but they can keep it. But we have a situation where nearly well just over eight percent of our housing stock is registered for you know, unhosted accommodation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha. Well you know it is the it's a I would imagine the other tourism destinations like Albany, like Margaret River, they'll be looking to see how this works for you guys. I think you're the first to do it. I think, aren't you.
Speaker 5: We are Augusta, Margaret River have always had non preferred areas and they've had like a system where if you're within three hunundred meters of the town, you're allowed it, and you're allowed it in certainly I think maybe Gracetown and now about those sort of more the beachy areas. So it's a similar idea which we you know, I've been monitoring for some time and I you know, the council have decided it was it was a good move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, good to talk to you, Phil, see what our listeners think. Thanks thanks so much, Thanks so much. By Phil Cronin from the city of Bustleton. So in parts of Busselton Vas, parts of Dunsbrough. These houses. These are residential homes, and they if you are applying to from you from now, if you're applying to become an Airbnb or an unhosted accommodation site, you won't be allowed to do it. So eight percent of bustled and houses are unhosted accommodation. How's that I stay in residential houses sometimes Airbnb? Have done it in Albany, have done in Busso done it up north and it's good. You don't cause any trouble. I don't think we go down there with the family. You know you're sometimes you're staying in a house where the family are there already. So this is a fairly big change that Buzzleton are attempting. What do you reckon, listeners one double three eight eighty two when you stay in one of these places whatever they call down these Airbnb, but now they're called all sorts of things. Are you happy to stay just in a residential house? Don't need to stay in a fancy beach shack or somewhere near the ocean or somewhere near a river. What do you reckon one double three eight eighty two? Do you think this is a good idea. Busselton are doing this. Augusta mart River already do it in parts of parts of Mark River town site. Thanks for listening in and make your thoughts known. Have you stayed in AIRB and B in a normal house? One double three eighty two? Do you need a power rebate or a power credit? David says, I need a power of beatus. I can't afford a big mac anymore. McDonald's is now so expensive. I didn't know that. I don't really noticed that one. This one, Hi, Simon, This is from Jacob. Hello Jake. Yes, we need assistance barely scrape through weekly. Thank you, Good luck to you. Davo says, have a good weekend. Thanks Dave. I will no, I don't need an electricity credit. I'd rather have no ambulance ramping. Thank you. This concept of bill estimation, Matt says, good a bowie. Both Synergy and Western Power estimating average Billy is nothing more than a lazy cost saving exercise by not having to pay meter readers. This type of blanket approach doesn't take into a consideration if you're away for your property for extended periods of time. Matt, I had no idea about this. So our man Mouse told me about it yesterday. His bill was estimated. It was four hundred dollars high, one double three eighty two. I'm Simon Beaumont listening to Perth today. Is twenty three past nine. Bianca Carboni joins us from the nine news room. A tow truck company has been set on fire. Bianca joins us.
Speaker 3: Now by there, Hi, Simon, Where are you, Simon?
Speaker 7: I'm in Morley. I'm just to clarify tow truck businesses are aokay here. What we know is that police saying two cars were deliberately set on five this morning around three point thirty am. It's behind a business on Runlock Road in Morley. That's where I am now. Firefighters arrived about an hour after that fire starter, and by that time both cars were completely destroyed. I've been speaking with multiple business owners here this morning. They've told me one of the cars belonged to the owner of a graphics company, which are raps cars details cars. So that car was an unregistered and uninsured nineteen ninety nine BMW. So that's been completely destroyed. The owner had intended to use it to help train his employees. The other car belonged to a panel beater here and that car was here due to be repaired, so those have both been completely destroyed. The fire also spread to a nearby business that was a Hindu prayer tables business, so they sell prayer tables to people, and luckily none of that wood caught on fire. It was just the roof that was damaged there, and that business is insured. But very suspicious blaze here with those two cars deliberately lit and police are now searching for who they say is an artinist.
Speaker 1: So is there a connection with the tow truck company that was the original story we heard today? Are those cars related to the tow truck company that's there the business?
Speaker 7: There's no evidence with stage to suggest any link to a tow truck company Simon.
Speaker 1: Okay, So just private cars out the back of the business premises, were they.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're situated between multiple businesses here that are in a bit of a unit not quite a unit complex, but multiple warehouses stacked next to each other. So the cars were parked between those businesses and for whatever reason, we're seen on CCTV Bigger come by around three point thirty this morning and police stay deliberately light fire right where those cars were. So we're at that scene now we can see these cars have been completely melted. The rain, no doubt, helped firefighters put out that fire this morning, but no doubt very devastating for the owners of those vehicles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, private vehicles. Well, biancle, we'll see and hear your stories on nine throughout the course of the day and tonight and this afternoon. Thank you, Thank you Bianca Carboni. So originally this was it was thought to be a target at attack on a tow truck company, but Bianca's confirmed for us there that it's their private cars, not related to the tow truck company at all. So we'll hear a little bit more during the course of the day. Thev thank you for listening. In Yes, no, do you need an electricity credit? The yes it is are twenty seven and the nose are twenty three. So the question is about do you do you I guess we'd all want one, but do you do you need one? Now we've had a couple of questions, how do you know if your power is an estimate? And I'll come back to that in just a moment, because it is describe quite clearly on the Synergy website. You look at your bill and you'll be able to tell whether it's an estimation or not. Stay listening the best of the best. The heading west next week for the NRL State of Origin Game two and we hear at six pero I got double passes to be one so you can catch all the action live. It's Wednesday during the eighteenth Next Wednesday, how good Game two? New South Wales won the first game over Queensland. So this is it's going to be a rip. It's going to be sold out, So be listening later in the show for this. So when you hear teena do that, ring in and tell us today's code word. The code word for today's show is touch, touch as in touch Judges and the like into touch touches our code word today. So when you hear Tina and that que de call song call one, double three, eight to eighty two, ring in and give us the code word, it's touch. Ask you the question today. And this is not confirmed from the state governmental from a Treasurer of Safiordy as yet. The budget will be handed down next week. Yes, no, do you need an electricity credit? Not do you want one? Do you need one? In other words, are you're doing it a bit tough? Yes? Is a twenty eight in the nose? Are twenty five? Phil sent us a text if your property is locked and your meter box is inaccessible, the usage will be estimated. Thank you Phil. That is certainly the case. Just to looking at the website, the Synergy website, it says how can I tell if my bill has been estimated? There's a natural part of the website and it says, take a look at your bill and find that how much energy have you used?
Speaker 5: Chart?
Speaker 1: If your bill has been estimated, this bill horizontal bar will be shaded white. It will also be written in confirmation that the bill has been estimated below the chart. So just looking at an example of that on my phone, so as I say, how wide spread is this? And have you ever challenged an estimated bill and been successful? Up to hear from you today? If you've got a dog on your property, meterbox inaccessible, properly locked, then it will be estimated. But I wonder how wide spread it is. Had some suggestion that sometimes meta readers only come once a year to some of the properties from Danny. Danny says, I don't need a power rebate but I do know people that do. I think all rebate should be means tested, so it's only distributed to households that don't need it. Why handout free money to those that don't really need it? Danny, there is I think it's called utility's Hardship scheme on the government offer up and you obviously have that would be means tested and is a I guess it's some sort of form that you have to fill in. Thanks Danny, thanks for your corresponds. Today it's twenty nine minutes to ten o'clock. Today's a day where Murray WAT should receive a response from Woodside. As you know, provisionally Murray what the Environment Minister did allow Woodside ten days to respond to conditions he wanted to put on with regards the extension of their contract their oil and or their gas contract up on the Northwest Shelf. So today's the day and as a result of which there are pro testers out in abundance today and they're going to five different wamp's officers to protest in addition, and they're going to hand in the letter. So I do have a copy of them. An open letter here from Australian scientists and experts to reject the Northwest Shelf Project extension. So I have that in front of me here. It's quite technical and it talks about some of the emissions up on the Northwest Shelf. Just looking through the list of people whose names on their Carmen Lawrence's name is on there. One of the names I recognize, Fiona Stanley is on there. Joe Valentine, who is I don't think is the professor Peter Newman's on there who he talked to regularly on the program. Copete's on there. And there's a couple of others as well, but they're the West Australian names I recognize on the open letter. But it's a letter from Australian scientists and experts to reject the Northwest Shelf Project extension. On a related issue, Hamish Hasty from WA Today has a story that is related and this is around Woodside's hopes to drill in the brows. Hamish Hasty joins us now from wh Today. Hey, Bowie, how good explain this to us? This is a this is a type of oil stopping technology that Woodside purportally could be using, but another one of the another one of the mining oil and Gas Giants has rejected it yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is this is related to BROWSE, which is kind of separate to the Northwest Shelf approval that you were mentioning just before. This is kind of the Browse's the end goal, So the Northwest Shelf. They needed that approval to make BROWS happen, and Brows will be the replacement gas for the Northwest Shelf gas that's that's kind of currently running out for Woodside now. So this is crucial to that company's long term plans. And recently they they made a big amendment to their environmental approval application because we reported I think it was last year that it was looking like that wasn't that BROWS wasn't going to get approval, so would kind of hurriedly made a bunch of amendments, and one of these amendments to make a more environmentally sound One of those amendments was to introduce new technology that would stop blowouts of well holes where so you know, stop hydrocarbons from leaking and causing the aw cords sorts of havoc at nearby reef reef there. And they say that this new technology can kind of bring bring an oil leak down from seventy seven days to twelve hours, which you know is obviously a big win for them if they're trying to get environmental approval when they can kind of say that they can drastically reduce the time of a spill. But yeah, so that that technology that they're saying will do that. The Chevron themselves, that they have their own kind of environment environmental approvals process, is going for different projects off off the coast of w A And they actually said in a in a response to some public comments last year that that technology was untested and you know, it didn't didn't suit them for the efforts that they're doing. So, you know, it just kind of the greens here int w A kind of pointed to that to say, well, look, if Chevron, one of the biggest players in this industry is saying that this technology you know, isn't proven, doesn't work, then why Woodside saying it does?
Speaker 1: All right? So that that that forms part of the as you say, some of the detail the protesters are talking about today in the open letter's out today's delivered to the five MP's officers Hamif so game on, it'd be it might be a bit of a moot point today or today's protest might be might be moot if the if Murray, what gives Woodside another extension? Hey, it might might not be the day of days?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, and it's a bit awkward like this, this North Shelf stuff because there was public holidays and so this ten day figure has been very fluid. And then yeah, Murray, what's saying yesterday? That could be extended? So yeah, we're just sitting waite and.
Speaker 1: Wishing yes for sure or make good story. Always good to talk to you, have a good day, Bowie Hamish Hasty from w a Today reporter and of course the state political editor as well. So that you know, all all roads are meant to lead to today. This is the day when Woodside are supposed to respond to Murray Watt's conditions. We have asked to speak to Woodside, We asked to speak to Murray wat as well. Unsuccessfully. Everyone's out of range or on planes or have you. But it's you know, today may or may not be the day of days, but there are protests planned from the I think it's from the It's not disrupt borrough harbors. It's the climate. The climate guys that we speak to on the program. I'll bring that in sex. Sorry, on, I can't recall the call. Is it the Conservation Council of w A. Isn't it? Who's doing the protest today? Wonderuble three eight eighty two? Hi Brandon, how are you going.
Speaker 8: Morning?
Speaker 9: Bowie?
Speaker 10: I could give you a name for him, but probably just a bit of a loadown on the meta reading and the remote meta reading, so it's not uncommon, but not common if that makes sense. And you know meters that are probably five or six years old can be remotely read via bluetirths and Wi Fi, so anything new would be to be getting readings from them if they can get within range of the meta.
Speaker 11: If you have.
Speaker 10: A meter that's on estimations, they're generally pretty close to what your estimation would be or what your actual usage would be. You need to submit some evidence every we You can submit evidence yearly of what your actual reading is so that you know you could potentially being credit or endeavor synergy over that period of time.
Speaker 1: So have you done that? Brandan? Do you send in your own meter readings?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 10: I work work in the industry obviously and know those processes for you. But yeah, it's not uncommon, but most of the most of the well all of the new meters can be remotely monitored, so it would just generally be older meters but there's no access. They haven't been upgraded or you know, Synergy or Western Power haven't been able to get in and upgrade those meters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right mate, good to hear from me, Thanks Brendan. So there's a works in the industry. Ashley I Reckon reads his own energy meter gat A Ashley.
Speaker 13: He this Simon.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: We when a couple of years ago they put in one of those smart meters so they can now access and read it remotely. But prior to that, for probably five years, we had a situation where they start to estimate because we've got this game and it's not accessible. But then they gave us an option to self read.
Speaker 14: So every two or.
Speaker 13: Three months we'd get an email from Synergy prompting me to look at my meter, go online and submit the information from the meter, and then they would build us based on that. Yep, we've got solar panels and everything, so we'd put in what we'd used and then the credit back sort of just the numbers off the meter and it was always accurate that way. So people can nominate to be self readers, and then once a year they would ask us to send a photo of the meter just to make sure it matched up to what we were telling them. And they worked for probably five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so they changed it. Yeah, the new smart meters can be read remotely. I get that. But the old meters you can sell off reading and that's definitely an option on there on the website as well. Actually I've noted that this morning, So thank you mate, thanks for letting us know. So how many if you've got an old meter and old how many of these things are estimated? How widespread is it? If you look at your power bill, the white the chart, if it's white, if the horizontal horizontal bar chart is white, that means it's been estimated. I'd love to hear from you today. Yes. No, do you need an electricity credit? The yes, the thirty one the nose are thirty. You may have heard Olie Peterson talking to Patrick Hall, a mayor of the City of Canning, a couple of months back, about this herbicide that was being tried on trees infested with a shothold borer now it would appear. It would appear according to the Post newspaper group today to the Subi Post that this fungicide is now being tried on private properties and could could potentially be a partnership being formed up with deeperd We'll come back to that topic in just a moment. It is eighteen and a half minutes to ten. The questions today do you need an electricity credit three hundred dollars or the four hundred dollars the rebate? Or do do or just do you want one? So the question is do you need one? In other words, you're doing it a bit tough. So yes, it's thirty one and the nose are thirty. Thanks for listening in today, John, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 15: I definitely need a credit. Why because a couple of things. Firstly, I'm an old age pensioner and secondly, with having a very cold winter, so therefore I've got the heater on a lot, so I'm going to use a lot of power, not only myself, A lot of other people will, but those that can afford to pay, well, that's different.
Speaker 16: But I can't.
Speaker 15: So I hope that they look at it from a right perspective and looked at it from both sides of the coin that some can and some can't. I certainly as an old age pensioner with everything else going up, you know, petal food, et cetera, et cetera, it's not easy.
Speaker 1: So that's that's my Yeah, thank you mate, good luck to you. I'll put you in the yes column. Do you John needs and let the credit or three hundred dollars or four hundred dollars whatever it is. Just and you know there are a lot of rebates available, credits available for a concession card holders. Well, I do understand that. And that's targeted, isn't it. That's targeted people doing it tough. I don't think there's any argument about that. Story has appeared in the front page of the Subi Post today and as I mentioned, Patrick Hall spoke to Olipedis in a while ago about a company called Bioherbicides Australia that are trying trialing a chemical capsule in city of Canning to try and combat the little beetle. This Bolli Faker Shothold Borer, John Shamanski is from Bioherbicides Australia joins us now good a John.
Speaker 17: Oh Good abst Simon and thanks for inviting me on your program to share information with your listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we know about the trial in Canning. But the poster reporting today that you might have been invited to treat some private private trees, trees on private residence in the western suburbs. Is that off your own bat? Is that in conjunction with the council? Is that in partnership with DEEPERD.
Speaker 17: No, look, it is off our own bat. I mean we're obviously our goal is is to develop a treatment that's going to save our trees. You know, everyone knows how bad shot old War is. So yeah, it is our own initiative. But we've initially worked with the City of Canning and we've completed a.
Speaker 14: Lot of work there.
Speaker 17: We've still got some more trials going in by Centennial Park, but we need to do more trials just to work out the extent of the treatment, how well it works in different circumstances. All the results we have now are extremely positive, but we just do need to do more trials.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure. I note that there's been some four thousand trees removed since twenty twenty one. There seems to be a little bit of a shift here, John, and that you guys are being talked about as a treatment. But spoke to Allison Zimon last week from Vincent's and they are now they've been told by Deeper they can just remove limbs and branches rather than removing tire tree. So we're slowly getting used to the idea of fighting the bug, you know, containment and eradication. The whole metro area is a zone now quarantine zone. But we're slightly starting to catch up with how to treat this thing and how to keep it at bay, aren't we.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Look, I think so. Chemical treatments really do hold out most hope.
Speaker 14: Look, there is no doubt.
Speaker 17: Sometimes you know, you've got deadlines. You've got to remove them for all sorts of reasons, eradication purposes and safety as well. But the chemical treatment, by injecting capsules into the base of the tree, it sends the chemical right throughout the whole tree, or at least all the healthy parts of the tree and kills those beetles and the fungus and stops reinfestation. So, you know, just removing something as it doesn't necessarily kill. There's lots of beetles out there that doesn't kill all the beetles, but our treatment so far it appears to be doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How much longer is the trial in Canning? John?
Speaker 17: Yeah, Look, we've done we've done a fair bit of work there. We we've already established that it kills beetles and the fungus. We want to know how long it lasts for too, So you know, we want to come back to our trial trees in a year's time, in two years time, in three years time. We've got some evidence that the treatment can possibly last up to three or more years before a tree needs to be retreated because the shothold boar is here to stay. You know, it's not irradicable. And so we've now got to really put our efforts into how we actually going to protect trees. How are we going to save trees? That's what we need to do.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners, Colin has asked us, what's your what's the capsule call? What's the product called? John?
Speaker 17: Actually, look on my O Njul. We've given it a name yet, shothold boar capsule.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 17: You know, they're a chemical in there. There are insecticides in there, there are fungicides in there. It just dissolves with the tree's moisture and then goes through the tree. And I guess at some stage, yes, well, we'll need to get a good name for it. Maybe the listeners could suggest.
Speaker 1: One Colin, one of our listeners asked, is the capsule and is the treatment you're using? Is that okay for the water table?
Speaker 14: Yes.
Speaker 17: Look, we've only got you know, when you are injecting any kind of chemical systemically, so in other words, into the tree itself, you only have to use very small amounts of chemical. We're talking about milligrams, right, so where you know, if you look at it, a tree probably gets maybe two teaspoons or one tea spoon of chemical right into a tree, depending on the size of the tree. So we're talking about extremely small amounts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, to go back to where we started, John, this is John Shumanski, one from Biohbicides. To go back to where we started. Are you in talks with deeper and about trees on private properties as yet? Is there a partnership in the offing?
Speaker 17: Look, we would certainly like to work and we have right from the start we wanted to work more closely with government, but that hasn't happened. The work we're doing is really independent of DEEPERD but we are dependent on them for approvals for our trials and there was a time even up to recently where it appeared that approvals were not forthcoming. But there has been I believe some change in approach by Deepurd and government and so now we've got approvals to do work on private land and it appears the local governments around the traps have also now starting to receive approvals like Whiteman Park and Cambridge have been given approval some work in Hyde Park.
Speaker 14: So there has.
Speaker 17: Been a shift. And look, we have been offered money by for our work, which our guess indicates a shift in the stance on our work. I believe through the Minister of Environment and through the West Australian Agricultural Research Committee have offered us money to assist with trials. We have thanked those organizations for that offer. But we are very very concerned about using money from the public purse. We have already sorted a model where we can fund our trials through the LGAs and private property. We can fund that ourselves through the user who pays in a sense, and so we're very mindful of not using government money when wet, we don't need to. So we certainly thank the Government of Deeper for that offer.
Speaker 1: A John good to talk to you. Good luck with it.
Speaker 17: Thank you, Simon and.
Speaker 1: John Schamansky from Buyer Herb Sides Australia. So the story in the post today sees these capsules being used on trees on private properties, which is new, and we're trying to find out whether John's crew are in talks with government. Is this the future, this capsule that you can inject into trees. And as I say, you heard heard Oli talking about this story. A couple of months ago, Israel have launched a preemptive strike on Iran's capital, Tehran. This is the IDF have said this morning. It is Israel had to take action. They targeted what they say are military targets and strategic targets. This is Benjamin Netanyatu address.
Speaker 9: A short time ago, Israel launched Operation Rising Lion, targeted military operation to roll back the Uranian threat to Israel's very survival. This operation will continue for as many days as it takes to remove this threat. For decades, the tyrants of Dhran have brazenly openly called for Israel's destruction. They've backed up their genocidal rhetoric with a program to develop nuclear weapons. In recent years, Iran has produced enough highly enriched uranium for nine atom bombs. Nine In recent months, Iran has taken steps that it has never taken before, steps to weaponize this enriched uranium. And if not stopped, Iran could produce a nuclear weapon in a very short time. It could be a year, it could be within a few months, less than a year. This is a clear and present danger to Israel's very survival. As the Bible teaches us, when someone comes to kill you, rise and act first. This is exactly what Israel has done today. We have risen like lions to defend ourselves, and by defending ourselves, we defend many others, and we roll back on murderous tyranny. Generations from now history will record at our generation students ground acted in time and secured our common future. They God bless Israel. May God bless the forces of civilization everywhere.
Speaker 1: So that's Benjamin Netanyahu, who is the Prime Minister of Israel, the longest serving in history. Of course, So a preemptive strike in Iraq's capital, Tehran, so they're saying their military target strategic to targets uranium enrichment plants among those. No comment from Tehran from Iran as yet, there has been a state of emergency declared in Israel. Just popped up on our monitors here. Thank you for listening. It is five minutes to ten o'clock. Pretty even spread on our polls today. Yes. No, Do you need an electricity credit? Yeses are thirty eight and the nose are thirty nine. One of our texts corresponds is forget the power rebate. We can always turn off the lights. How about giving us a rental rebate instead? Thank you. A lot of people saying yes. Look, some of these government rebate schemes do look good, and they sound good and they're well intentioned, but they're complex and difficult to access. I reckon it'd be fair to say under this government in the previous term and this term, I find if you are late with a bill, you paying a bill for you gas, your water, electricity, and sometimes your infringement. You find your infringements. There is a little bit of leniency and there's good sort of services you can access to go on payment plans and things. I think that's the modern way, isn't it that? That's a big part of this. I would have thought, do you need electricity credit? The yeses are thirty eight and the nose are thirty nine, with forty Sport and Life with Glenn Jakovitch coming up in in just a moment. This one here from from Mark we good if they on the poly fagus shothole border, be good. If they can fix gore wasp too. It's a scourge ring Darren scene or tomorrow mate between six and eight. And this one here from Angela. It was very interesting, she says. I think she'd look into the water corp and they're ted pricing for usage. Do you use too much water? You move up to higher to your pricing, stay at that level until resets the following year. Can you please look into this forest? Thanks and we'll do. Thank you. Thanks listening in ten o'clock now, Glen Jackovich up next. It's still good, it's very good, it's still worse.
Speaker 18: It's very good.
Speaker 19: We still know photo down at the South Junior Footy Club and myself, yeah, we campaigned and lobbied very hard here.
Speaker 18: We had the y s nose in my favor.
Speaker 19: And still nothing and their lights are not working. Still down there, good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight minutes bas Tim, Jacko's here. Jacko will have a look. We'll have a look at last night's game. You've broken your drought on and you've picked a Thursday night result for some.
Speaker 18: And for a while I was very nervous.
Speaker 1: Not many people turn up. Not many people going to watch the Saints.
Speaker 16: Are they?
Speaker 18: Yeah? They're a bit on the nose, aren't they.
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah, And they're not great pulling crowd clubs, even though the boarders I reckon in recent years have increased their membership and of this X success they've had since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 18: A good coach. I really like the way Bevo goes about it.
Speaker 19: I think he's I think he's very entertaining, even when he does have a few staushes with certain members of the media, but I think it's all positive. And I just think he I don't know he's he's a coach, but I think he's a player's coach, you know, like he loves his players. I'm not saying the others don't, you know, they probably go a bit more on the professional side of things. But I think Bevo, you know, he'd like to still be in the dugout with him, you know, he bleeds with him in the wins and losses.
Speaker 1: And who's there if it's not, if you'd put Marcus Bondipelli to one side, who's there? Baron with a player at the Bullies? Is it Libertore? Who's their player when he's on? You know they're on? Is it Norton?
Speaker 16: For me?
Speaker 19: Look, I think the forwards naturally, with their powerful forward line attack that they have when they're on man trying to defend that, that'd be very scary if you put yourself in that position having a look at, you know, their lethal combination, their movements, the way they the trickery between the three of them, who's going, who's nine, who's up, who's down? And Yeah, you want to have your wits about yourself. It's it's quite quite daunting when they're up and about. They are one of the most exciting teams.
Speaker 18: It's up to them.
Speaker 19: If they can now string some games clean.
Speaker 18: I'd love to see them. I'd love to see them in a big final.
Speaker 19: Hopefully they do get there deep in September, like against a Collingwood or you know, the Lions or the Crows. You know the Crows are looking good as well, So for me, I think it's Tom Libertore. For me when when the bond was out and the start of the year with that Calf, I'd like to see we will see, you know, by about round eight or nine if he's leading in the brown, because there was about three games in a row where he's clearly the best man on the ground.
Speaker 18: His contested ball working.
Speaker 19: His hands are so clean he gets them going, you know, So he's a contested ball winner. He's cleaned with his hands, and he makes good decisions and he goes forward and kicks the odd goal, which I like. So for me, I think it's Tom libert Tore. You know, their combination is quite strong, so I like the bullies.
Speaker 1: So yeah, one double three eight at two. You'd like to speak to Glenn and Jackie Witch today. You note this is a good one with Scott brothers.
Speaker 19: So Christ and Brad Scott a thousand games in combination that they've coached and play they will achieve this weekend. So one double three eight eighty two or SMSs on zero four eight seven, triple nine eighty two famous brothers. Obviously the Danaherz are one but there's many even in the Waffle and the samdfile. If you want to give us a call or send us an SMS, because I think it's a celebration when they're achieving a milestone like that.
Speaker 18: That's a long time in the game of football.
Speaker 19: I know the Scott brothers have polarized a lot of opinions the way they go about coaching, and sometimes they you know, wins a little bit, but I think they do it in the benefit of their team and their players, and generally all coaches do.
Speaker 1: Hard nuts on the field too. And they yeah, they were Nick Riewell wandering around with a damn his shoulder and they were ye, go on him though the old school one double three eight D two famous football brother combinations Alan Glenn Jackoe, which is one or even sister. We've got the AFLW these days as well. We should we should note with that I didn't know Hayden Schluyth had had particular cancer. Three bouts of chemo. That's a great story in the paper today from Mitch Woodcock. But he's a gun, isn't he, Hayden Schloyd.
Speaker 19: Yeah, what a great player and what a great asset to the Columbia Premiership Player and a number of other awards. But you know that twenty twenty Waffle Premiership at free Mount Label during a COVID period was much celebrated and it took us back to the yester years of great waffle games in suburban grounds. Shor did, so that was a pretty special time for him. But he's a South from Mantal football great and rightfully so. But you know he's had the biggest battle of his life and what a great stories. So if you get a chance to read it. I've met him a few times down at a couple of events down at South and his passionate, loves his club, loves playing for his teammates. He's a type of play where you look back, you know now you go, I would have liked to play with that player. You know, you don't say that about every player, but there's some that you go, well, that would have been good to.
Speaker 1: Play with him. Yeah, Yeah, he's a ripper, no doubt, good player for southro Mount of Blood one level three eight.
Speaker 18: Coming.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to speak to Glenn Jakovich you can. What about today in the West, Yeah, you know, happy about.
Speaker 18: This yet.
Speaker 19: In a day and age where you know we're getting meant to speak more about you know, certain issues and tough issues and mental health and wellbeing. Five Why these five are the most overrated players in the AFL. This is from the Snitch. This has got to be the most disgraceful piece of journalism I've seen for a very very long time.
Speaker 1: And it's pathetic, anonymous, disgraceful.
Speaker 19: Not even the guts that have it don't even put your name into So the Snitch, you are an absolute disgrace to put these five players as the most overrated players. And your summary is absolutely just pathetic and it's it's just gutter.
Speaker 18: It's absolutely gutter.
Speaker 19: You've got a Brownlow medalist there, you've got three premiership players, You've got all Australians Grand Final players, and all players go through a period of time where things are not going their way and then now all of a sudden you're overrated.
Speaker 18: You've got two hundred game players.
Speaker 19: So the Snitch, you're telling me that these players are overrated that play two hundred games, won a Brown Line one of best and fairest, won premierships and played well in big games. Yes, they've had moments where they've been struggling a bit injury form.
Speaker 18: It all happens. It's the cycle of an AFL career.
Speaker 19: So that's the worst article in sport I've read for a very very long time.
Speaker 18: And they should hang.
Speaker 19: Their head in shame the West for allowing that to be.
Speaker 18: For public consumption. You're a disgrace and you can Yeah you can sit on that.
Speaker 1: We'll said Jacko Gray Mather.
Speaker 21: Yeah you get the boys. I'm just on that so big there, Jacko. Now like that person in the West, absolute theom and mate. Anyway, getting back to brothers, I think they might have played for Perth the Farmers, but my idynasty is the arm Songs. Kenships played for Perth and Steven played for Perth and also shift to touch many years well, so I want a great Dinners series to the mighty Damon's Boys.
Speaker 19: Thanks Mars, good on you great football family. And then ten she's been involved in the media for a very very long time. We're side football.
Speaker 18: I remember, you know, doing interviews.
Speaker 1: Here at free Now she's a free Yeah, she's on the.
Speaker 18: Hall of Fame for Hall of Fame committee. Loves the footy yep.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong is very good call from you, very good call. Yeah, quarter past ten. Famous sporting families, the scott Boys, Brad and Chris Notch up a thousand combineders, players and coaches this weekend, so well done to them. We'll come back in just a moment. I'd like to bee to Glenn Jacko, which you can quarter past ten. We will go through Jacko's tips for the rest of the year round. He picked the Bullies by twenty seven points last night, and it was a lot more than that, Glenn. It was the pantsy Well.
Speaker 19: Yeah, usually those topic games have decided on a Thursday night, but known more than three or four goals.
Speaker 18: So I went the twenty seven points.
Speaker 1: It was a good number. Twenty seven great number, Yeah, good, very good number. Back in a second fifteen and a half past ten. A lot of people on the text line agreeing with you, Glenn on your take on the snitch today in our daily paper, our paper, David says, good morning, Simon. Absolutely agree with Jacko. Got a journalism fitty, he says, good a mate, Jacko's one hundred percent correct to publish crap like that, thanks FITZI. And yeah, a lot of people are saying you got that well, said Jacko. Says poorly. So you got some much So.
Speaker 19: There's nothing insightful about it, nothing other than complete negativity going after someone personally like that. Yeah, if you play a bad game or you're having a bad season.
Speaker 18: Not a problem. Tell us the reasons why.
Speaker 19: But to tell Brownlo medalists best and as Premiership players all Australians that they're overrated.
Speaker 18: So there's a lot of us that.
Speaker 1: Are overrated anonymously. That's the thing for me, that's the one for me.
Speaker 18: Gotness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you Aglen. We're getting a lot of fabit of correspondence. That the boomgates are down at the Ashfield train start of the Ashfield acrossing. Thanks Reedy for setting it in. And there's a train on the line as well, so you might want to avoid that area because the traffic is building up. That's the Ashfield Crossing in that Bazandine. Thank you, Darren. We've got a story for you Perth six PR breaking news. Yeah, just stand by for a sec. Jacko and Barclay joins us with some news about Woodside.
Speaker 22: Hi Bowie, thanks jack O. Yeah, just in from Woodside.
Speaker 23: We've been given a bit of an exclusive sneak peek of a media release that's to come out shortly, Just a little extract of it for now that says Woodside and the Northwest Shelf Joint Venture are continuing constructive consultation with the Federal government. The parties have agreed to an extension of the consultation period regarding the government proposed conditions as part of the Northwest Shelf Project Extension Environmental approval process.
Speaker 22: So quite a mouthful there, but.
Speaker 23: We know that that was flagged by Murray Watt that potentially may take Woodside a little bit longer to come back with their response to the proposed conditions by the Federal Government for their Northwest Shelf projects. So looking like it's not quite a done deal just yet. Woodside recognizes the importance of the matters being addressed by the proposed conditions of the environmental approval, including cultural heritage management and air quality, so that I believe is referring to that ancient rock art that's up in the Borough Peninsula. The north West Shelf Project has supplied more than six thousand pediduals of domestic gas powering homes and industry in Western Australia. If used just for household electricity. This is enough to power homes in a city the size of Perth for approximately one hundred and seventy five years. Over four decades, the project has paid more than forty billion Australian dollars in royalties and excise, provided employment and contracting opportunities to the pill Brough and brought a w a community and invested well over three hundred million dollars in social and community infrastructure within the city of Kratha.
Speaker 1: All right, beautifully, Dananne, thank you very much to come on this one. Yeah, thank you. Thanks Anne. So a little bit of a sneak preview you sent to us by the Woodside crew. We just take pause from sport, football and life with Glenn for and to bring you that breaking news Jackie. We're after after famous brothers in the famous footballing brothers gud I Peter, oh good mate list.
Speaker 24: The problems are not famous brothers, but Franco and Danny Sumitch played to Southie Mantle, came down from one Dowley in the seventies. The two Bascus brothers, Ray Bauskas and Eddie Bauskas played Southie Mantle players of course, and the sale.
Speaker 25: Of brothers, Yes, that's one of these played with.
Speaker 26: Us.
Speaker 24: Obviously, I'm a South supporter, so yeah, here, but I don't know what there's Probably Ploper can put their mind to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Peter, that's a blast in the past.
Speaker 18: Just catch his chestance, did you Yeah?
Speaker 19: We usedter then jump the fence at the hospital end and then run away with them, did you yeah? Because he used to kick those chestns four hundred meters They were the best torpedo punts ever. And then me and my brother would be behind hospital and goals and the king of the pack and we didn't lose many.
Speaker 1: We were wagging school at the same time.
Speaker 19: It was a Saturday afternoon game.
Speaker 1: Ray Bowski's World done, Pete fantastic famous brothers could I Ryan?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Good I Bowie Jack. This one will be a blast in the past.
Speaker 27: Michael and David O'Connell.
Speaker 18: Yes, the Yeah Clamont Boys.
Speaker 1: Famous family. John's dad, isn't he John the Patriarch?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 26: I think so.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's a good call because not only did they play Waffle AFL or VFL, their father. I think he's inducted in the Waffle Hall of Fame. I think he's done a lot of work, you know, in football over a long period of time. So that's a very very good call and it's good to acknowledge. I mean, I know that we do look at the Dannahers and we look at the Scotts, but part of my introduction was, you know, from the Waffle and the Seafol and obviously the Sivages and the Bscus is that's that's dear to our hearts because it was down Freeman and we love watching them, particularly Ray Bioscus as a young kid coming through.
Speaker 18: But if you go through it, and then obviously.
Speaker 19: Must have mentioned the Armstrong so rich football families in a lot of the states, but in particular the WA produced a lot of great football families.
Speaker 1: Rob says, just remember sometimes articles don't follow your narrative, and boys, everyone is entitled to an opinion, right or wrong. Rob My issue with the Snitches it's anonymous, doesn't even put his name on it. And that's what I think. That's why Glenn. I won't speak for Glenn, but that's that's not good. The same player, you know, and Glenn's right about the players, the caliber of players they are, that's Glenn's opinion. But anonymous calling people overrated Middless overrated Tommy Mitchell. Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 19: There's two Brandlaw Midless there. Yeah, premiership players.
Speaker 16: I mean.
Speaker 19: All those five are not one year wonders. Yeah, they've played good football over a long period of time, you know. And yeah, anyway it's yeah, yep, got it, thank you.
Speaker 1: The a lot about this is pointing out that the Boomgate and Ashfield is between Bayswater and Basandine, and that goes to our topic of en I did when I didn't know where Actueld was. Glenn got the number right last night for the marchin just the wrong way around, simply two points.
Speaker 18: That's a pansy.
Speaker 1: That is an absolute belting. Good a Jason, Yeah, good a.
Speaker 26: Bowie, good a Jack. Just before I give you my too, we've sat kill it's Saint Kildare in nowhere club. I'm right off from now Bowie. For years and years and years we've been getting you know, players over two. He you know in our Dan Hanibury's a perfect one. Yeah, I'm just done with him made And yeah for my two to be Phil and Keith nikel Swan District nineteen eighties.
Speaker 19: Yeah, magic magic not a bad nickname.
Speaker 1: Made magic Eagles first game, thirty touches best on ground.
Speaker 18: Yeah yeah, I love the helmet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especial fellow too, Hey, beautiful fellow. Yeah yeah, it doesn't mind a chat.
Speaker 19: He's done a lot for West Coast in the in the indigenous space, the community work that he's done as well, So it's probably not as much recognition. I know it does internally through the football industry. But Madge a great human being and a great football family.
Speaker 29: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm Jason who kicked the first golf for Eagles. You'll know this, Laurie Kay, Yeah he did.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Ron put him at full forward.
Speaker 19: I think I could play in the rucks and when he went forward he was lethal. Well, he couldn't match up on him.
Speaker 1: He was six foot thirty five six six foot a million.
Speaker 8: Hello Todd, Hi, guys, mature boys, Yes, yeah, Phil Peter Wally all played for South from Mantle your Gina as well.
Speaker 1: We go for a couple of minutes without mentioning South from Mantle, do you think?
Speaker 28: No?
Speaker 19: Without South from Mano, the waffle would not survive. All the best players come from.
Speaker 18: South from Manto.
Speaker 1: All right, mate, all right, all right.
Speaker 19: Clive Limington, Yeah, Senior, John Todd, Stephen Michaels, Morris, really, Penny Biegner, Glenn jack Mark, Besto Browno Medliss, Santo Meddlas eighty six, Charlie Carter, Captain the.
Speaker 1: And that's all we've got time for today.
Speaker 30: Cut.
Speaker 19: Medlice twenty. He's out of dynasty in the fifties, late forties and fifties. Six premierships in eight years. Do you want to talk about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no we can, but he can get Stark about six o'clock twenty seven minutes past. Then if you like to speak to Glenn Jacko Witch is up and about today Clayton and Cameron Lewis, says Tom. Mount Barker boys, I reckon Tom, Well done mate.
Speaker 19: What about the Cracker brothers just throw them Mount Barker you mentioned, yes, Jimmy and Field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they went right, Ah they did, oh not bad, not bad.
Speaker 19: And then the Cracker family since you know how many Crackers have played, Yeah, that's why you go to the footage to watch people of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. This one here, I'm from Peter west Perth flavor the Phone Brothers. Cheers, Peter, well done, thank you, one double three eight eighty two, Colin geta.
Speaker 31: Can I boys? What about the Harper brothers from the first football club treth and Roy and Trees. Harper used to always have a tremendous tussle with the South Romano fell of Johnny Colgan.
Speaker 1: What ear is this call.
Speaker 31: Back in probably in the fifties and sixties?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, good good?
Speaker 18: Were you you were ten back then?
Speaker 32: No?
Speaker 1: I wasn't. It's no need for that. I need to be agist. They show you twenty eight minutes buzz ten o'clock one, double three, eight eighty two. Thanks Cole, good on your mate. Who knew that Mitch Marsh was a kangaroo saboard this boat? Was incredible West Australian heritage from the famous March founder and he's a shin bone. I have a listened to this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, growing up in the nineties here the Ruse played every Friday night, which felt like and obviously won a few premierships in that time. And yeah, I just love watching your voice play. It's to me as as a fan, this year feels footy different. It feels awesome watching you guys go out there and play. So yeah, always shimbona.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I used to like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to like him. He was definitely a West coastupporder. Yeah, I would have thought.
Speaker 18: So his dad played the league for South, did he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff did.
Speaker 18: Jeff a handful of league gas, I think six or seven leagues, maybe a few more.
Speaker 1: One of one of the great blokes, Jeff Musch. I think I reckon too, goes back a little bit further than that. I reckon there was and we saw it in Bumbry on the weekend. A lot of Route supporters in Western Australia. But to Ross Glendinning and.
Speaker 19: Steve mccainn Yeah, all those Banker brothers, yeah.
Speaker 1: Phil Kelly, all those guys who played for North Melbourne that were West Australia.
Speaker 19: And then you had people like Peter Belwinnie Abraham who played in premierships and Best and Farris and did really well. So continue that legacy. So North Melbourne's been very dear to a lot of people. Go McKenna was a North Melbourne supporter. Boris Lindon and our very own loves North Melbourne. Yeah yeah, yeah, and they follow him because of those players in particular, Yeah, no doubt, and still continues to this day. Mitch marsh is excited by the shin bonus this year. That's very optimistic, isn't it.
Speaker 29: Come on, Mitch get h Charles, go guys, Father and Sune combination.
Speaker 33: I'm talking about the.
Speaker 34: Sixties seventies.
Speaker 1: Spensula Yep, Spencer, Dad and Son ye eastper Spanner Spanner. Yeah.
Speaker 18: How many servers did spin awing?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 18: I don't look that up.
Speaker 19: Is he a triple Santa Middlers? I know he won one when they all tied? Was that there's three of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well look thanks Charles, very good nice to get East Perth. I mentioned get a Terry well.
Speaker 35: Yes, good morning. Look, I just would like to do us speak out for our cousins, the Snuffies, the Leter Smith Rod Yeah, Fitzroy Brisbane, East Freemantle Products and Hawthorne, Yes for anyway for Rod and then there was Neil just Waffles East Freemantle and of course their dad was a Perth player, Murray Lester Smith.
Speaker 30: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they're all snuffies.
Speaker 18: Are they snuffies? They're them snuffy we call them them.
Speaker 35: Yeah, the Snuffies.
Speaker 19: That was an assistant coach at West Coast late nineties. Yeah, it was fantastic fella.
Speaker 1: Wasn't Shannon Herne. His nickname was Banner. His dad's nickname was Bunner. Yeah, his granddad's nickname was Banner, and his sister's nickname was Banger, and Shannon was little Bunner. Yeah, what's going on there?
Speaker 18: There is a story behind him.
Speaker 1: We have a good name where we got time for.
Speaker 19: I'll tell you one time when we get a chance. It's a great story. Yeah, absolutely great stories. South Australian Farmers nine twenty eight minutes to eleven. Keep the calls coming, we do.
Speaker 1: We'll go through Jacko's tips for the remainder of the of the round three sand Over medals, Jack Open one by Barry Cable, Billy Thomas, Bill Walker, Bill Walk won four.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, sorry, okay, that's good. Still we've got to confuse because you they won. The three of them tied that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I see mister Walker at the Odin tavern.
Speaker 18: I saw him at the Hall of Fame and dinner the other night.
Speaker 1: Greg and Billy on the Oden Tavern. Great blokes, great blokes, still working, mister Walker. It's a twenty eight minutes to eleven. Back in a second. A lot of correspondence coming in on the SMS line on the texta terminal glenn On, the brothers, the Kelly brothers, Bust and Boys played for North. Thank you Anne. This one here from Peter. The Reagan brothers, Con and Regan tough nuts, South of the River tough nuts, the Webster family, lots of footy free East Perth and Ronnie Son Luke had done a lot for West Australia West Coast Football.
Speaker 14: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you Todd. The Richardson brothers, Wayne and Max Hollywood and South Threo. Then Mike and Steve Richardson brothers.
Speaker 28: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I had a beer with Max the other night, did you. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one fella mid strength, zero alcohol.
Speaker 18: No, no, it was full strength.
Speaker 1: Nothing meant about me, Ivan says Hi. Jack O Richardson's Cloaks and the Shores.
Speaker 19: Yeah some good ones.
Speaker 36: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Four of the Shores played, didn't they?
Speaker 19: And Ray Sure played in the nine eighty Grand Fine for southrom Monald beat one Dishes by fifty four points in front of forty eight thou seven hundred and thirty two people.
Speaker 18: I was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I just thought I always loved that story about him having the Barney with Spud Frawley at the toss of the coin. That's legendary.
Speaker 19: Sure, yeah, good footage of a day he punches the chest in front.
Speaker 12: Of it.
Speaker 1: Because there was three coin tosses and they coin kept lodging in the mud, so it just got worse and worse and worse. A real character. You worked for the council, Tony surely. I think he worked on the rubbish truck. He leaves his day job.
Speaker 19: And then he decided to run marathon. I remember his training and then ran into a into a lamp post. Yeah, busted his whole nose. Yeah.
Speaker 18: I wasn't sorry about that at all. He said some main things to me and.
Speaker 1: Between did he says the mean things main things?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I've seen him the other night the othery. I reminded him of that too.
Speaker 1: So how is the how's the all Australian you've been for your first yes Spain? Yeah that's coming in to this lit of famous well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 19: So a lot of nominations. Yeah, some good buyers, good players in good form. It can be hard later on the year. So about thirty five that can get in the tape? Yeah, can only fit twenty three? Yeah, twenty two.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, we're very very proud of you being on that glen. Yes, we're presenting w A good Anthony.
Speaker 14: Jents are good.
Speaker 1: Thank you mate.
Speaker 37: I got Sam and Brian Kekevich.
Speaker 30: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Sam played obviously in the in the Premiership, the first one. I don't remember. Brian, thanks Anthony. Where did he play?
Speaker 10: Brian played at Carlton and he was one of those unlucky blokes back in the day that had bad knees and when.
Speaker 37: They operated on him they butchered him.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So he played a few and apparently he.
Speaker 4: Was very good and I think after he decided his career was over. I think he had something to do with the Sydney Swans in a in a promotional role. Okay, he was from all reports a gun, but yeah, he had good Like John Toddy, his knees ended his career earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I made very good call, Anthony. Thank you, my mate, Craig says Brad Cliff Derek Collard.
Speaker 19: How did I not mention them? I played all three of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was glad. I did a bit of Crown and Knights time as well for you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, good a Joe, Hello, Yeah, the three Dalton boys who played for Perth. They played for perthon in the early sixties. Oh no and Barry and sorry Paddy Dowton won the stand over middle of nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: I think it was yeah, okay has some great names you yeah, World and Dalton.
Speaker 14: There was Barry, Paddy Dalton and Donaldy Dalton. They occupied the whole center line early sixties at one stage.
Speaker 1: Very good, Yeah, we World on Joe, good on you mate. The Danaher's have had a mention and again from Liam thank you. Masas is for Maguires played for Perth. Is that much to you?
Speaker 18: I don't follow Perth someone, but I'll take it on mases.
Speaker 1: Don't follow you get a rocco?
Speaker 34: Good a fella? How are you going?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 1: Back? Going well?
Speaker 6: Jackie?
Speaker 27: Who's going to win on Sunday?
Speaker 38: Mate?
Speaker 18: When a South play?
Speaker 27: Yeah, it's going to be a comedy, a mate.
Speaker 1: Are you well?
Speaker 19: Wait and see and you can tune in here on eight eighty two, six pm will be broadcasting.
Speaker 1: West Coast CARNT You mean yeah, Matt can't.
Speaker 19: Hey Rocket, let me tell you you don't want to drop this one?
Speaker 27: No, we would want.
Speaker 19: I don't think I don't think you be allowed to back in the Tullamarraan Airport. The team and coach I was got.
Speaker 27: At last week's game went last week and I was so sweat at the final storm even though we won.
Speaker 38: Yeah, one of those games.
Speaker 1: Uh, we are the Navy Blues rock O World. I mate too long ago nineteen ninety five. You're definitely due get a Jerry.
Speaker 18: Did he get his brothers?
Speaker 20: Ignoring lad? Yeah, I'm going to say the Coleman brothers. John Coleman I met was named after him obviously, and Albert Coleman who played for Morning in Peninsula. And that's I mean they didn't set the place on fire, but I mean that are quite famous.
Speaker 19: It's definitely John Coleman. I didn't know you had a brother that played as well.
Speaker 1: So well, I'm Jerry.
Speaker 18: He said he didn't set there.
Speaker 1: Who were rockos brothers? Get a chance to ask you, Grant, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Good boring boys?
Speaker 11: The Darkworth brothers Simon Rigan at West Perce to Billy Duckworth and then also Adam and Todd Curley.
Speaker 30: At West per Yeah good good.
Speaker 18: Acknowledgment in the Grant played with young Simon.
Speaker 19: He got drafted to West Coast as a rookie draft. But his brothers, I mean he's sorry Billy Duckworth's famous Stelias with Brandon and one of the normal Smith in nineteen eighty four's great Player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little known fact. First house overboard was at the Grandmother Missus Curley. Okay, yeah, wait, way way back in the day. We'll get to your tips in just a second, Jacko, Yes, could I steveny?
Speaker 17: What about side Bottom brothers?
Speaker 39: Yeah?
Speaker 27: Good call Gary and Allen.
Speaker 19: Ye, good players, big players, the big presence, half nuts, tough nuts. Yes, lord on.
Speaker 1: Steve, thank you mate.
Speaker 40: Hi Terry, Oh, I got that this has been mentioned for What about the worst brother Yes, together.
Speaker 31: And the kill Cup I think back in the eighties.
Speaker 18: Yes, yes, Peter and Yeah.
Speaker 19: I got to play with both of them and train with both of them, and Peter first at South from Antle. That's that was an experience.
Speaker 30: Yeah.
Speaker 19: They like to fight a lot, a very competitive sum. I was just glad that pre season that, you know, when you had to have red jumpers versus White jumpers or blue versus you know, because you had the scratch match. There's a lot of us just making sure they're on the same team as one of the hoarswhol brothers.
Speaker 1: Just in case you know Scott from Espert says Kyle Lasht and Hams from a Yes, I'm good man, and look the color of police saying why do we always talk about Sound from Out Because Glenn's here. He's very proud of South from Out. Hello, Sasha, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You can't go pass and Gordon commentary for.
Speaker 39: The Mighty Man guys.
Speaker 18: Yes, big family name, both in.
Speaker 27: The Team of the Century.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well do I mate, Thank you Sasha. Jerry says, you cut me off there. Any thing is My dad's name is John Common and also my older brother Jerry Basso near Ashfield. Thanks Jerry. Let's go through Jacko's tips for the remainder of the round. Good work by you last night picking the Bulldogs. A lot of people have got the Bullies as one of their sort of second or third favorite teams. I reckon too tonight, Glenn Friday the thirteenth, Hawthorne Adelaide six v three.
Speaker 9: Yea.
Speaker 18: It is down in Hobart, isn't it. Tasmania. Yeah, it's a tough one. The Crows are doing a lot right.
Speaker 19: I'll stick with the home team only just because I think Hawthorne turned a little bit of a corner last week and just got their contested game going back to where it was when they were the Hollywood Hawks.
Speaker 1: So Hawks just all right, well done. Tomorrow's early game Glenn Brisbane versus g WS at the Gabba, Yeah, got.
Speaker 18: To go Brisbane.
Speaker 19: I don't know what's happening with the Giants internally. They were a Premiership fancy at the start of the year and I did tip them to take it out this year. So they're leaving there. If they lose this game, they find themselves in the fight for their life in the bottom part of the you know that seventh eighth to thirdeenth position, and yeah, they've got to start start a lineup they need to produce.
Speaker 18: But the Brisbane lines at the Gabba very very hard to go past.
Speaker 1: So lines for me, Essendon Geelong Cats, yep, it's at the g North Melbourne versus Freemantle. This is the five thirty five.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's going to be interesting. Freemantle win and should win and win. Well, they've got to run a four games, so there's seven and five. They need to be eleven and five and rarely cement their status as aside that people are standing up and watching them, So coming off a buye is going to be a little bit tricky.
Speaker 18: But Norths have been here for a week.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 19: It's just a completely different environment for them. They may respond, they may go out and play really well. We'll wait and see. But being away from your home environment and different training facilities, sleeping in a different bed, they're all factors, are there. Excuse you should not use them because you're a professional athlete. But Freemant need to put an assault on North Melbourne here and get the job done, and get it done by thirty forty plus points and make sure they win this.
Speaker 1: Game versus Melbourne Sunday Sunday one twenty.
Speaker 19: He can't trust either of them at the minute.
Speaker 1: About Port last week, amazing back.
Speaker 18: In so Port Adelaide at home Simon.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you very much. Glenn West Coast versus Carlton the late game, the Twilight Game, four to ten. Opus.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Well down to Tom McCarthy. He was taken pick one in the mid season draft back in May. He's a twenty four year old, mature young brookie if you want to call it. That played really really well in the Richmond VFL where he was averaging twenty two disposals one hundred and eighty seven centimeters. He gets his opportunity, got pace, high in energy is the report, which is good your life players around energizer bunny so and he's got a lot of pace which West Coast need you know, half back, mid half back wing get the ball in his hands. Yeah, they're expecting big things from him, So good luck to the young fellow gets an opportunity.
Speaker 18: And I always you mold, but Carlton.
Speaker 19: Look, they've got to get the job done because they're in a fight for their for their life as well. They've got a team that's arguably a top four, top six side on paper, but they're not being playing consistently enough to enable them to be in the position that they should be.
Speaker 18: So I'll tip the Blues. The Blue should win this game.
Speaker 19: The you know, their midfield and obviously Charlie Kurno is starting to show a little bit more. It's going to be very hard to stop. So not a long back in Clay Hall, Bailey Williams and Tom McCarthy comes in.
Speaker 18: So yeah, the Blues for me.
Speaker 1: All right, Glenn, stay there if you will. We are running little bit late I'll keep you for three more minutes, Glen, because I'll do it. Yeah, no, Jacko, after they stay listening quick, Yes, no, Jacko and Jake Batrick's Sir joining us just the moment. We've got some football news coming our way, haven't we, Jake. So we'll get to that and just close cricket, close cricket. We've got some cricket news coming your way. Cricket. Sorry whatever, sorry about that late night last night. Yes, no, Jacko, just yes, no, yes, please Glen. Test cricket matches should always last five days. No, Pack Cummins is the greatest Australian Creek captain of all time.
Speaker 32: No, who Alan is?
Speaker 39: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe funny how we will think that. Two AFL games this weekend and State of Origin next week op. The statium management are going to need a couple of higher extra casuals to keep the turf up to speed. Yes, twenty thousand fans on a Thursday night match is not enough.
Speaker 18: Yes.
Speaker 1: Maynard signed on with a Pie for another four years this week. Had a massive sook after the grand losing Grand Final, but is still a pretty tough player. Yes, I know. Yes, Tristan Cherry is the spiritual captain of the Ruse. Yes, Mitch marsh appeared at Kangaroos training yesterday as a Enuoughy super fan. Clark Os you consider picking him? No, all right, NAT five should start as a sub all year. No, I'm gonna knowing that one twelve million dollars across nine years for Cosey picket is too much for a for a players. The big statement, isn't it? Yes, huge statements. The Dockers should offer Causey pick at twelve point one million dollars across the nineties. Jeremy Governess still will see the Independent Concussion Panel in the coming days. He will go down in histories that Eagles best defender. No, m that was a good shot. Jill Brownlow Mellers, Patrick Crits will go down in history as the best West Australian football better than better than Cousins five and Jakovic.
Speaker 32: No.
Speaker 1: No, Tom McCarthy participating in one main training session before named in the team to make his debut. The Eagles and Jacko rate this kid. Yes, Sunday four ten staff that Eagles blue flashes too late?
Speaker 19: Is it my time we start?
Speaker 18: Oh? I didn't know. I better check me like Genuary I'm getting ready for dinner.
Speaker 1: The Queensland State of Origin team will arrive in Perth today. League players are superior athletes rules footballs. No Man Jakovic is a superior AFT lead to all league players. Yes, thank you, Thanks Simon, thanks for hanging around, mate, Thank you for I really appreciate it. Lucky to have you. Thanks Glenn, and thanks to everyone who's chimed in with the brothers in football or get to some of those. After eleven o'clock when Barnesy comes in, Jake Patrick joins us to talk cricket. Hello Jake, good morning, Simon.
Speaker 19: How are you?
Speaker 32: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good? What's the announcement today?
Speaker 41: So we know Perth lucky enough to be hosting this start of the Ashes men's Ashes series later this year. November is when that first Test will be end of November, so general public tickets are on sale as of today. They're thinking Day one might be sold out, which is a huge result. Friday twenty one November, first ball, so that's great for cricket fans and around that we're going to be having the west Fest is what they've called it, lots of food and fan activation stuff outside the stadium.
Speaker 19: When the Test is on, but the.
Speaker 41: Fixtures aren't out for the WBBL yet, but there's been announce today that the Scorches women will play a game at the Whacker to open the redevelopment there, which we've been keenly watching the water slides up.
Speaker 19: I've shaped as a cricket ball is excited.
Speaker 32: It is exciting.
Speaker 1: That a good idea. So that's great, the ball the BBL, WBBL opening. Yeah, I can't wait to see that.
Speaker 41: You know what that redevelopment is going to look like once it's all ready to go and actually see some cricket out there because it has been a building site for the last couple of seasons. So that all will take place around that that weekend, Saturday twenty two November. Great result for cricket fans, I think, just you know, a big weekend of the Ashes which will be huge. Hopefully you sell out Day one and across that weekend as well the WBBL. It'll be a night game, so you can go from the stadium over the Madda Garrett Bridge over to the Whacker and continue the festivities over there and I watch the girls. I've got to grab of Chloe bulldozert Ainsworth We were talking during the ad break about fun names. I love Chloe Ainsworth, a young gun at the scorches, and yeah, she's pretty excited about it.
Speaker 28: I think it's great being able to sort of play alongside the Ashes tests have more people hopefully come to the game. It should be great. Yeah, her foot's tracking along nicely, still in rehab, but hopefully I'll be able to get out there.
Speaker 1: And play in the big bat Bulldozer. Bulldozer. She just tears through everyone. I was telling us that Ash Macintosh back in the day's nickname was Millie Millie from Milli Vanilly because he couldn't talk a mind, No one can hear him, and the old house called him Milli Vanilly, and they.
Speaker 41: Called Dean camp Tommy because he used to put tomato sauce on everything. Yeah, what would your nickname be If obviously not Bowie, it's going to be something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did, I didn't. Yeah, I was just just Bowie back when I was younger. I had to hand it over to my son had hair and over ceremony. Oh that's cool. Yeah like that. Yeah, he's bowing out and none of us know how to spell it. Yeah, nobody knows how to spell it inpelled. Thanks for the update, Jake, You're very welcome, good man. Thank you. Four minutes to eleven o'clock. I'm very aware that there's a huge worldwide story doing the rounds at the moment. You will hear it down the news bulletins. We did play some some of Benjamin nettnad Who's press conference, so we are very aware of that that's a massive story. You'll hear it down news bulletins today at eleven o clock. Eleven o'clock, I'm sure. Four minutes to eleven now, thanks for listening in today. A couple of the y semesis still coming through. The Barnard brothers Jeremy, Richard, Paul and Brendan, says Steve. Some of the brothers we're talking about today East Perth Royalty, George and Richard Mcaljack, uncles of the Great Dean Cox. Cheers. Thank you. One double three eighty two is the phone number if you'd like to give us a call. We are running a poll today. Do you need an electricity credit? Not one, but need the yes of forty three the nose of thirty nine. After eleven o'clock Barnsey's burnouts. Lisa Barnes in the studio. Thanks for listening in. Lisa Barnes will join us shortly, and Chris Murphy Mrs. Magical Mystery Tour will be with you after midday today. Two of our big hitters, two of our favorites, Two of our favorites. Mick Collins, if you're listening, Yes, no? Do you need electricity credit? The yeses are forty two and the nose Sorry, The yes are forty four and the nose of forty two. Keith says, I do not need a power credit. It's nice to get, but no, thank you, Keith. You're in the no columnts to this with Lisa Barnes. Hi Barnesy, Hi Bowie.
Speaker 22: How are you happy for Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Happy Friday to you. How's the valley this morning?
Speaker 22: Drink good?
Speaker 42: Although I was a bit jealous to come down into the city and realize that there had been rain here because we didn't pick up any rain overnight, did you?
Speaker 22: So hopefully it's coming up my way?
Speaker 30: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you becoming a peri urban freeings dweller sort of a dude. You're dressing differently, talking differently.
Speaker 22: I've got my gum boots on today.
Speaker 1: Yes, you do. Look at you used to be all styled.
Speaker 42: I am very they're stylish gum boots just quietly yes. No, Look I don't think I'm any different. I mean, I came from Karratha really, so I'm just going back to my roots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, that's that's absolutely right. A couple of topics today that we have for you, and you're welcome to joining. Give a Barnz a call. Emojis? Are they any good? You're an emoji fiend?
Speaker 22: I do love an emoji.
Speaker 42: I do think you have to have a relationship with somebody in some form before you can start sending emojis.
Speaker 22: So in my line of work, obviously I have clients. I will not send a client.
Speaker 42: An emoji unless they have sent me one first. So once you've sent me the first emoji, I kind of go all right, we're there. We're at that level, and so then I'm more comfortable and you know, I wouldn't be prolific with them, but certainly with friends and family.
Speaker 22: I do love an emoji.
Speaker 1: I love to hear from each today. Are you an emoji fiend? Like Lisa Barnes. Once the protocols have been settled. I don't use them very much, No, because I can't see. All I can see is a yellow blob. I've got great eyesight, so I just get a yellow blob and I think, well, what's that? And I spend a bit of time nice words, you know, wordsmith, and then.
Speaker 22: Somebody just sends your thumbs up. But does that upset you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 22: Yeah, you wear your glasses. Don't tell me you can't see them.
Speaker 1: Well, don't. Sometimes I don't have my glasses with me. Oh okay, but when I'm driving and I'm joking. No, but I can't actually can't see them. I don't use them my locks. I can't see them right small.
Speaker 42: Yeah they can be if you use them using them in a text message, but certainly if you're just sending them individually, they're a bit bigger so you can see them.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good tip for the boomers. Do you use emojis? And what's what? Do you think that one, the prayer type one.
Speaker 22: Was that rare one.
Speaker 42: So I've realized that this is causing a little bit of controversy in terms of the emojis that people use to say thank you, because you would think that just a thumbs up you know thank you, but that has become a bit passive aggressive. For younger people, it can be deemed as being passive aggressive sending it yes. Certainly, if my husband and I send a thumbs up to each other, we are probably not speaking yes, having an argument, so we use it passive aggressively.
Speaker 22: Absolutely, but I do yes.
Speaker 42: To say thank you, I use what's known as the prayer emoji, which is the two hands together, just because it's for me. It's the emoji that sort of conveys that feeling of thank you so much, really appreciate what you've done.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 42: Some people use the tick, some people use that. There's an okay one. So I'm doing all these emojis at you at the moment. If you're familiar with using emojis, you will understand what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bread Harder uses a lot of emojis. Does He uses the tick and little beers, Yeah, cheers, good a sam.
Speaker 14: Hi someone good morning.
Speaker 43: Yeah, I use I use emojis with mats particular, but we can to sort of like make our own emojis, like a couple of popular ones up. We take photos of the thumbs up and the finger sign, and we send the photo of our own fingersmean.
Speaker 30: And we use those instead of that's good.
Speaker 22: That's good.
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the thumbs up the fingers one. Ma sure that's the middle finger, the rude one, the rude finger. That's good, Sam, lord.
Speaker 22: Mate, excellent work, creative thing.
Speaker 20: I like that.
Speaker 1: One double three Sam. In the Running for the Corner of the Day today, Mather says, I rate emojis and as gifts. They're great and they fun. Massa does use a lot of emojis. That thumbs up. I think there's a.
Speaker 32: Bear, can you see?
Speaker 42: No, you do have to be careful, because I'm sure you're aware, simon, some fruits and vegetables emojis can be taken in other ways. Know that, yes, so well, because because you have to get creative when you're using emojis. So I would advise you to never send the eggplant emoji to somebody because that has connotations of a penis.
Speaker 1: Oh it does it? Okay?
Speaker 22: So just a little bit of advice for you there.
Speaker 19: Would you go?
Speaker 22: Just trying to help you change as you move to the country, because I'm helping you.
Speaker 1: He didn't used to help me at all. One double three eight Addy two Alright, no egg plants all write there down. Yeah, ring us. If you use emojis, or if you like me, you don't have great eyesight, do you steer away from them because they just they're just yellow blobs? One double three eight eighty two, barnzy would you lose? Is the prayer emoji? They said it's also a high five?
Speaker 22: Oh, this is I disagree some people.
Speaker 42: Yeah, some people see it if you if you're if you're driving along thing, what are we talking about?
Speaker 22: Think about?
Speaker 42: You know, two hands coming together in the prayer. But some people, yeah, they think it's a high five. But I disagree it's a prayer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've quite like the buyset one, the muscle one like full power power to you?
Speaker 22: No reason to use that?
Speaker 30: Is there?
Speaker 1: No no good job muscle strength?
Speaker 22: Oh okay, it's going on.
Speaker 1: I lost one double three at two. If you'd like to give us a call today, BUNSI the budget gets handed down next week. You have covered so many budgets.
Speaker 22: So many at six pr Do love a budget?
Speaker 1: Do love a budget? Do you think of electric what do you think? Will we get electricity credit? A rebate? Three or four hundred dollars?
Speaker 42: Look, it's a really difficult one because I do you know, I think the government will be looking at all ways that they can, Yeah, they can help people with the cost of living. I think the problem is if you are going to include an electricity rebate at the same time that you're increasing you know, electricity prices and basically that basket of household goods and charges, I'm not sure how well that's going to be received, to be honest, in terms of how well a rebate would be received at the same time, because people would will probably just argue, well, don't give us the rebate and don't put the prices up. And again, at some point, the rebates have to stop, right They cannot just keep continuing. So is it now do you rip the band aid off right now, straight after the election and say that's it, you know, and knowing full well that the federal government rebate will also is still in effect, so people will.
Speaker 22: Still get a little bit of a sweetener. It's a tricky one. It's an absolutely tricky one.
Speaker 42: And then when you consider the State of WA's budget in that we are in a very healthy position budget wise, but then you know, we've still got the housing crisis, you know, ambulance ramping, and so then you know, the public are probably thinking, well, what's the point in having a great service surplus or being in a healthy financial position if we've still got all these issues. My gut feeling says we won't see a rebate, But I yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Reasons to sound. It's called a past eleven more of Lisa Barnes after these you in the past, you do like petual fossil fueled.
Speaker 22: I drive a diesel full disclaim. I drive a V eight diesel V.
Speaker 1: And you like your utes and you're like a shiny thing is things that go fast and make noise. It's not necessarily at the speed limit, of course. Yes, do you want the racetrack at Birdswood?
Speaker 22: I don't. I don't know. It's about whether I want the racetrack at Burswood. I it's an.
Speaker 42: Interesting place to want to put it. I understand the reasoning. You know the location, because you know you want that entire precinct. Having just spent some time at Birdswood Park, I went down to the Jurassic Kingdom, you know display there. It's it's a beautiful green space that we have in the city, and so to you know, remove that green space, particularly a time when we are talking about, you know, making areas greener and tree kind of pain of that kind of thing. I think that sort of sits differently for me and the area itself. I feel like, and again I'm not an expert. I'm not an engineer, but we know that events there have had to be canceled because of weather. In terms of the flooding that takes place there, it's very low lying, et cetera. So the earthworks I think that would have to go on there. The yeah, just the extra work. Does that add to the cost. It's an interesting location. I'm not I haven't seen enough information about why it has to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, Lisa bars is with us. You can call in wonderbul three two seventeen past eleven. Back in a moment. Lisa Barnes is with us. Barnsey grilled the Hamburger Chain. They're looking to make their bread buns healthier. They're going to make a low GI in high fiber buns.
Speaker 22: Aren't they already very healthy? Grilled? Where you go to have a healthy burger, isn't it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 22: I thought they were already to that, Lisa, I thought they were already very healthy. But yes, interestingly that they've where.
Speaker 1: Are the healthy You have to feed your kids and yourself. You like to have a jog, yes, but you need to eat healthily. I like to eat healthy as healthy as possible. Where do you go that's healthy subway?
Speaker 42: I mean you then have to say to the kids, no, we're not getting six cookies at the end. But your subway is pretty good. I don't really know. Some pizzas, some pizzas Nando's. I don't think it's too bad. Just you know, grilled chicken.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's all right. No hot chip, so no hot chips. Yeah, where are the healthy choices? Grilled? Making their bread buns healthier, low gi and a bit more fiber as well. Thanks for all your emoji text MASA, thank you, gil A Simon, how are you good?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 37: Talking about the racetrack, I'm not saying I'm pro war against the one at Burstwood Park, but the City of Adelaide have managed to incorporate their old f one track and do a motorsport festival there every year in the park lands and it's absolutely an amazing event. It's brilliant, so it can be done with both part round and racetrack.
Speaker 1: I think yeah, and our park in Melbourneure is the same, So thanks on. We spoke to the same Birdwood Park people. Yesterday. I spoke to Sue Quinn and she was saying, we think it's the thin end of the wedge. There'll be more than one weekend per year when the vates are here. And she made the point, which I think is valid, is that the government have shifted the way they're promoting the precinct to that it'll be cycling, it'll be Paralympic athletes, it'll be more of a there's be an outdoor entertainment precinct. Yes, they're moving away from the v eights.
Speaker 22: Yeah, certainly, wasn't it.
Speaker 42: The most recent media release that came out actually didn't mention the vates at all, is my understanding. But also I think it's been the way that it's been communicated to the to the local residents and the neighboring suburbs. He doesn't seem to have had much consultation. I know consultation is coming now, but I think for some residents they're feeling like, well, it's a bit too little, too late.
Speaker 1: There's a rumor and we haven't been able to find it. There's a rumor that there's a video of the racetrack, like know those flyovers, those artsuppressions, that's been shown to the V eight community up at barber Gallows on the weekend. We're trying to get hold of it because that would suggest it's absolutely going to happen. It's going to happen a certain way, right. And I was involved in and I mentioned this yesterday. I was involved in the public forums about the stadium. So you know, I was working for part sport Wreck and part of the stadium team, and we would hold these forums at the golf clubrooms, the old birds with golf clubrooms and all the locals. No, no, we don't want it. We don't want it, we don't want to bridge, we don't want the truck, we don't want the buses. And then someone said you're going to get a pub. Thement, Oh it's good, a pub, how big? What sort of pub? And that did win a lot of people over. Yeah, that real sure did. That is interesting actually remembering them being in the room a pub really changed.
Speaker 42: The well and if you have a look at that area now, I mean, certainly it's a high of activity, right, and not just on game days. I mean I take the kids down to that park down down there. I've done running events that sort of taking that course through there. It's a beautiful part along the river.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done well, haven't they. Napoleon's phone in high Napoleon.
Speaker 27: Boncois bittiful people. How are you today?
Speaker 1: Very yes, mercy, very good time.
Speaker 44: Okay, you're nothing, that's fine, that's fine, Simon. Stair away from emokes.
Speaker 45: I learned the hard way.
Speaker 3: During summer.
Speaker 44: I would send an emoji to my friends which was a chocolate ice cream saying shall.
Speaker 46: We go out for a.
Speaker 45: And of course it's not the chocolate ice cream. And forever I've been known as a person that eats chocolate iron ice cream.
Speaker 1: Napoleon's an easy mistake to make. There's just a little bit of Russians speaking into the accent these days.
Speaker 5: Mate, Why is it?
Speaker 18: Why is it?
Speaker 45: Every time you want you you are addiction?
Speaker 34: Simon.
Speaker 45: You know, people in glasshouses should not crusts.
Speaker 1: Stars run Miller, Napoleon, the occasional French Russian cossack.
Speaker 22: There's a lot to take in that call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I know, I think I know.
Speaker 22: The emoji means peach emojis. Also, don't send those, Simon, Okay, that could be your bottom.
Speaker 1: Speaking of is the funniest? Speaking of which, what is the funniest town name in austral clack Line, that's speaking of bottoms? Yeah, isn't it a funny name?
Speaker 22: I hadn't really thought of it like that, you, clack Line. Do you think that's of all the towns that we've got?
Speaker 1: Useless loop clack Line, you have given this some thought? Digressing? What's the healthy food?
Speaker 14: Are you?
Speaker 1: What's the healthiest of the takeaway foods? Folks? One double three eight eighty two. There is a map from speedcafe dot com. The proposed per street circuit layout has been revealed over on the Peninsula, so we'll have a little look at that, the first glimpse of the street track layout. And I presume this is part of the public forum which happened a couple of days ago. It's twenty five minutes past elevent. If want to ring Lisa and Simon, you can. We'd love to hear from any of the topics we're discussing today. Zambreri is very popular with my adult children for healthy food.
Speaker 22: Yes, zambreros, that's a good that's a good signature ball.
Speaker 1: Yes, very nice.
Speaker 22: It is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Nineteen dollars, Yeah, got worth it. Yeah, it's really good. And jon Nan says, if you can the emoji thing is becoming more complicated if you take a string. Jon Nance's if we take a screenshot of the emojis and then when you look at them and expand them, you know what, I reckon? That's I reckon. Jo Dan does that, Shane says Lisa. Why was it not kept where it's planning around Langley Park, Riverside Drive, Adelaide Terrace sings better suit to me, like the Gold Coast LA where they race the v eights now, says Shane. Shane, I think I mentioned it on air. I remember an exhibition vights supercar race in Perth back in the day. We eventually worked out that it did happen. I hadn't dreamed it. This one here from Andrew uses the muscle emoji as well. It's awesome. Thanks Andrew, thanks for your support. And Marco Willton says, No, we don't need Elector's any credit. It's just a wa government pork barrowing effort and a poor setup should be reviewed to target all pensioners and those struggling with high rental, says Mark will Mark. Some of those thank you mate for your korrow, but some of those concession rebates are freely available. We think energy rebates his Jim are an election bribe. Now that Cook and Alban's effectly con the public for their vote, all bets are off, says Jim. So like a lot of people. Jim very cynical in pasity coal. Simon, what about call your nobbing, says Darren. It's a funny name to clackline, call your nobbing and useless loop.
Speaker 22: I'm sure I've got I'll have to give this.
Speaker 1: Some thought now, yep, I think we might have Upper Swan.
Speaker 22: Chittering.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, shittering twenty eight twenty yeah, twenty eight minutes past eleven. Thanks for listening. In one double three eight A D two, Lisha and I are going to bring you in story in just a moment. Salmon Bay on Red and Rottness Island. I've just done this massive clean up. You're not going to believe how much rubbish they pulled out of Salmon Bay. We think this is rubbish that's washed up out of the Indian Ocean into Salmon Bay. Not necessarily done there directly, but an incredible amount of material has been picked up by some volunteers. We'll come back in just a moment. We'll check in on the stock market. If you want to phone Barnesay you can one double three eighty two. We'll take a break.
Speaker 47: Emergency works in in Alu still have the Mitchell northbound to exit to Cedric Street closed. Repair crews on site. Make sure you plan had to avoid any delay. Speed reductions are in place. Otherwise rest of the Mitchell traveling well. They Guanana Graham Farmer and the tunnel no major issues. I'm Rob Beaver on Perths Traffic Leader six pr.
Speaker 1: In Alou's got to mention Chris.
Speaker 22: I wondered how long that would take.
Speaker 42: I recently just drove through CAREW and why they don't have a campaign that just says hooru from Careu is beyond me.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 22: They could take it too.
Speaker 1: Dave's's Coburn Thanks Days one, Level three A Daddy two and jonahe says she does. She takes a picture screenshot of an emoji and expands it spot on, I do my aging eyesight. It's an the best Jonah, thank you very much. Muck and Boone's got to mention two from Dave today.
Speaker 22: Yes, talking about that. My dad works out of Marco, does he he does? Yes?
Speaker 1: What does he doing?
Speaker 22: His truck driver?
Speaker 1: I never asked you this.
Speaker 22: Yeah, he's a truck stub. Yeah, so what was he He's in his sixties yep. So he goes up there for.
Speaker 42: The season and you know, does seating and fedilizer and then harvest and yes, wow, look at that.
Speaker 1: Look at that one level three eighty two. Yes, is a street in in local black Butt. I think there's one in Cannon Vioe called black Butt as well. Dog Swamp list of this on per six PR, the stock market reports Hunt Claire joins us from Sure and Partners on this Friday morning. O he big story in the world. Israel has launched and missiles at Iran. That's what appears to be to targeted military strategic attacks. How's that affected the share market?
Speaker 48: How? I, Simon will as with any conflict in the Middle East, the oil price has spiked upwards, It's jumped over five percent, and also the safe haven of Gold has rallies as well. It's up by two percent at three four hundred twenty US.
Speaker 1: Dollars an ounce.
Speaker 48: And in terms of share prices, obviously, energy companies are doing particularly well. Woodside shares are up by seven percent, Fantos have gained four percent, and Origin Energy are up by six and a half percent. This is and now to eleven dollars fifty even. Shares in petrol retailers have jumped today. Viva, who supply fuel to shell petrol stations, are up nearly three percent, and Ampole have rallied by two and a half percent, So it might be a good time to fill up the petrol tank. And of course goal producers are stronger as well. Newmont Chairs are up five and a half percent today, Northern Star have rallied a dollar or four.
Speaker 1: Point eight percent, and Genesis are up two percent.
Speaker 6: They're now at four.
Speaker 48: Dollars eighty five. The footwear retailer Accent Group are having a tough time selling shoes at the moment. They own the Hype and Platypus stores that sell sneakers, as well as a fashion chain called Glue Stores that I don't think we have here in Western Australia and according to an announcement from Accent late yesterday there, overall sales are down slightly so far this year, and discounting has meant that their profit margins are falling as well. So the retail sector continues to be particularly challenging as customers pull back their spending and investors are disappointed. Accent shares are down by twenty percent today they're now to dollar forty five. And another big loser is the Boeing share price. It was down as much as eight and a half percent after that horrible plane crash in India, which was one of their Boeing seven eight sevens. So while we wait to see what response comes from Iran following that air strike from Israel, the broader share market here is weaker, but not by too much. Thanks to those gold and energy shares. The all laws down only twenty eight points at eighty seven hundred and sixty eight Simon eight.
Speaker 1: Seven six eight are we thank you very much for this week, enjoy your weekend. We'll chant on Monday you too, Cheers Bowie, Thank you, mate O and Claire from Share and Partners. Nils fooned in good I.
Speaker 27: Neil heye, sign you.
Speaker 33: I'm just droving by real quick. We used to take kids up to in Diebo and on the way there's a playff called New Shape and we couldn't pronounce it, so it's spelled m u c h e a R. So we ended up breaking up the kids who caught much here. So we've got so small the town.
Speaker 1: We ended up saying, there's not much here, thanks, Neil. Has it got an arnon?
Speaker 28: No?
Speaker 49: No Ah?
Speaker 1: A good tree farming there is.
Speaker 22: I visited it just recently.
Speaker 1: You shave tree farm?
Speaker 22: Yes, And that is also where our local footy ground is.
Speaker 1: And a good a really good roadhouse.
Speaker 22: They make cracky food there, don't they They really do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done, Neil, thank you mate. Not much here, Allo Carroll, Hi, Hi, many.
Speaker 31: Years ago, Hi, many years ago.
Speaker 40: I read a birth notice and it was before I knew that this place was actually this was actually the name of the place.
Speaker 33: The birth notice announced.
Speaker 40: The arrival of a baby boy with the father and mother's name in there, and then underneath.
Speaker 38: It had useless loop.
Speaker 40: Yeah, And as I said, I.
Speaker 25: Didn't I wasn't aware. I knew what what a loop was, but I didn't know that there was a place called Time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carol, it's in the Pilburgh, isn't it.
Speaker 22: Yeah, isn't it mean it's on Price?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 19: I think is that right, Carroll?
Speaker 22: I think isn't it on the coast?
Speaker 34: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm absolutely guessing and I think maybe on the coast.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've had a week of not knowing where things are.
Speaker 42: What things I feel like and our listeners correct me. I feel like it's in that Shark Bay area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, all right?
Speaker 25: Maybe correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you Carol, well done to you. How would you say this name? It's a it's a it's a reserve in the city of June Up. I think okay, p E P E N I s t O N E P E n I S.
Speaker 20: T E.
Speaker 1: It's a street and it's a reserve in.
Speaker 22: Greenwood Hennis Stone, Yes.
Speaker 1: Correct, Penny Stone. That's funny. Thanks for the people who said and apparently Google Maps mispronounces Coburn.
Speaker 22: I bet it does. I bet it does.
Speaker 1: One double three A E two sending into funny names chaos.
Speaker 38: Here, Jeff, there you're going, what about Dan Boring? It's up near towards in the Ebba Way.
Speaker 1: Marley really and boring.
Speaker 38: Yeah, wow, I used to have a little small telephone exchanancy.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dan Boring, Thank you mate, well done. Jeff one Numble three other two had a text from Mike. He said he used to live in Clackline, which Oriican's funny were referred to as Clacklaites. And of them drive home to Clackers.
Speaker 22: You like it a lot, don't you do?
Speaker 28: Well?
Speaker 1: And I like that it's from the from the word cloaker. It's an Australian okay. And the cloaker is a is a valve that often that we have, you know, in our in our bodies. Turtles have them. Some turtles can breaks oxygen through their cloakers.
Speaker 22: You don't know where use of sloop is.
Speaker 1: And yet you do know all of that We've done some've done a story on those turtles.
Speaker 50: I know.
Speaker 22: Yes, just turned into a four year.
Speaker 1: At a late night Jeff's phone in high jeffy.
Speaker 3: Eight or it's best to watch some think. I don't know whether Kris or or or with your compatriot bombs Simon, but that's what I remember someone calling it years ago, and I've always remembered that.
Speaker 1: How something else to j what twot I don't know if.
Speaker 3: We called Newcastle or some another name. I was just trying to google it when you was on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, HEYJF hairs shoal Water Safety Bay.
Speaker 3: Today, Safety Bay is a little bit damp and I've got no man's power, one of sixty or so people. So I'm on a fully charged fine thankfully.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right mate, I have a good day, thank you. Steve says is a burger real called. Simon says real chicken and crispy bacon. Have you heard this same before, Lisa, Take three for the sea?
Speaker 22: Yes, absolutely, and I engage in it often.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 22: Yes, So take take three for the sea.
Speaker 42: So essentially means if you're by the beach and you're there, just take a few bits of rubbish if you see them way there, and take them away with you.
Speaker 22: I actually, because we go.
Speaker 42: Camping and traveling a lot, we we do it wherever we go. So if we pull up for the night somewhere, we make a point of, you know, picking up some extra rubbish as well, we'll take three.
Speaker 1: See that's a fantastic slogan, isn't it. Huru for Kreuz another really good one. So this is World Ocean's Day was recently and World Environment Day, So selink WA teamed up with ECOSURFA Australia Keep Austraight beautiful and students from Ellenbrook Secondary College Barnsy for your former hood to clean up Salmon Vay and Rottennesst Island. Look at much rubbish they picked up.
Speaker 22: It's incredible. Yeah, the numbers are staggering.
Speaker 42: So it was almost forty seven kilograms of flotsam and jetsam debris they say, equating to one thy, nine hundred and fourteen individual items that they removed from the bay.
Speaker 1: Seven kilos.
Speaker 42: Yeah, that's huge, and they say among the most common items they collected were over a thousand pieces of hard plastic, almost two hundred pieces of rope scraps and one hundred and thirty four pieces of plastic film.
Speaker 22: So that's obviously the swell.
Speaker 1: You know, with the fronts coming collected the collect there. Yeah, Salmon Bay, beautiful spot, Salmon Bay over on Rotto. So listeners, do you have you heard of that same before and do you do it like Lisa and her family do? Take three for the sea three bits of rubbish. I'd love to hear from you today, Andrew says, useless loopsy in the Sharp Bay area. You're right, Lisa, and is the add me to your trivia team? And is the yeah and is the start of a salt company and their ponds? Thank you, Andrew, Good on you mate, Thank you very much. Just another one I've got wrong this week. Did you have you heard of take three for the Sea? And do you do you do it?
Speaker 22: Is it something that you do something because I know that you're an ocean lover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you get yeah go pick stuff up on the beach all the time? Yeah, yeah, But I haven't called it that, but that's what a great little slogan that, Yeah.
Speaker 42: Absolutely, And because it's easy to remember, and I mean personally, I found it's great for the kids because you can just sort of enforce that into the kids that we just sort of yeah, take three for the sea and.
Speaker 1: Try and clean up really good, really good, and good for your kids to see you, you and Hobby doing it too. It just becomes part of their world as well, becomes really normal cleaning up Salmon Bay. Do you take three for the sea? Three bits of rubbish when you go to the beach or when you leave the beach, love to hear from you. It is eighteen minutes to midday. This is Barnsey's burnouts. We are here until one o'clock today, did I Rob.
Speaker 27: Hi Ramsey?
Speaker 51: Hi?
Speaker 27: Sim Hey, Rob, I just pick up. I just pick up rubbish when I see it doesn't matter if it's three or four.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 27: Years ago, we had some German people visit us in Perth and the lady said, I went to khan or Van today and I said where. I drove all the way to cahn or Van and I went, what's that? Oh, Carnavan Cavan.
Speaker 33: I left that four am.
Speaker 27: I drive all the way to carnal Van. It is beautiful and I said, wow, that's a pronounce theation. So we're all in our vami and now we always call it carnal Van instead of Canarvon.
Speaker 1: Hey, ROBERI you're going to the footy on the weekend, No, sir.
Speaker 27: I were watching him on TV?
Speaker 1: All right? Still paint my face you do? Yeah?
Speaker 27: Yes, all right? And some other colors now and again.
Speaker 1: Don't go change and Rob, thanks mate. So Rob, good to hear from you. Jerry says in Windy Harbor, it's not go is that real? There's a Harry Potter thing it does.
Speaker 22: We'll have to look that one up. Do you know what I think?
Speaker 42: The funny thing is we talked about two j and Carew and Coburn and Muche. If you live here, it's you just sort of know how they're pronounced, absolutely and you just accept.
Speaker 22: I mean, Musha.
Speaker 42: I had this conversation with my son just this week because we have footy training in Muchet and he said, Mom, that makes no sense.
Speaker 22: That's not how it should be spelled. And I had to say, good point, Well, it just is. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: Good parenting by you get a Jill Hi Simon.
Speaker 36: Have you seen David Ambers The Ocean?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't, but it's on my list. Jill.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's a good Well it will.
Speaker 36: Well, it's interesting and it'll break your heart. It's something we all need to know about.
Speaker 27: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, it's.
Speaker 36: If anyone can get a chance to see you guys suggest that you do. We need to pull a bit a lot more pressure on the government for what they're allowing. It's absolutely terrible.
Speaker 1: Julle I got for recently, I got for a present a couple of tickets to go to the Heath Ledger of Theater to watch five. It was five or six different small short films on the ocean. And yeah, to worry, it's to worry that those big plastic islands. Yeah, you know, it's it is a bit. I mean, the ocean is a sort of great joy. You know, there's some surfing docos on there and all of that, but it's a there's a lot of stuff ending up in the ocean.
Speaker 42: Hey, well, and it's the stuff that we don't see, so you know, it's it's great that we are collecting it, and you know, if we're all engaging in picking it up off the beach. But it's the stuff that doesn't even make it to land, that's just sort of floating around, ends up.
Speaker 1: In a wrapped around a turtle or a whale. Thank you, Jill, Thanks for I will have a look at that, Jill. I'll grab myself a strong flat white and watchers. It's called on to twelve Lisa answers with us. We'll reflect on our yes no questions of this week. You're welcome to call in though one double three a toddy two. We'd love to hear from him. Lots of people letting me know that useless loop is near Ashfield, thanks Tony and others. And he's assault mine. There's a place in island called Glenn's Willie. It says Tom, I don't reckon, there is Tom. I reckon made that liberty libertarian Ryan of manage. Mate. He says, I take four for the shore, thank you.
Speaker 22: That's a good one.
Speaker 28: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One double three eighty two is a place called Dismal Swamp in South Australia. This one here we swim every morning the ocean. I noticed a lot of rubbish. I love diving down collective ald the marine debris and human rubbish. If I I've made a contribution the ocean life over time, I had to increase the size of my net bag. It says one of our our listeners, Lisa a year to have the final say on some of our yes Nose Today on Monday we asked the question, or Olie asked the question for he was did a magnificent job doing the show on Monday. Does Scott Morrison deserve his ac so he received an award in the King's birthday. On this list, Yes is one hundred and eighteen. What was the nose? There By?
Speaker 22: The nose was sixty one. So that was resounding, wasn't it.
Speaker 30: Who are you?
Speaker 20: Look?
Speaker 42: I respect the decision that is made when they hand out those honors. I don't think they made lightly, so we'll say yes.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, there was a report out that suggested people were very flat, in particular about about housing affordability and mental affordability. So we asked the question, are you optimistic about Australia's future?
Speaker 42: The yes as were only sixty six and the nose were one hundred and nine, which I think is really telling it.
Speaker 22: Yes, I am optimistic. Make it sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am not sure why sometimes and Wednesday was a rip off. Wednesday's called when all the fuel prices went up by thirty to forty cents a liter. Ye for unleaded petrol. Do you use fuel watch?
Speaker 42: The yes is one hundred and six, the nose fifty eight. I'm a no, I don't use fuel watch.
Speaker 1: So what we worked out it was very informative that day. Actually, our listeners are right onto this. A lot of them use the seven eleven app.
Speaker 22: Yep, because you can lock in the price.
Speaker 1: Yeah for a week, yep. How good. A lot of people just simply go on tuesdays, so now it's cheaper. We're the only state in Australia that has a seven day fuel cycle, which works quite well for people a tanker petrol generally lasting about a week yep. So yeah, a lot of really smart comments came in on how people do use fuel Watch, and I think the seven eleven app also tells you where the cheapest seven eleven is in your area or closer to the medication. So yeah, drive a little bit further. But our listeners were really really onto it. A lot of people use fuel watch, you know, we still absolutely mystified while we have seven day cycles, still can't really work out how it works. Yeah, and you own you own the Chittering Valley BP, and I own the Quanana BP. Yes am I ringing you? Are you ringing me? And you're not supposed to?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 42: And it's interesting that the price is just literally go up overnight because the fuel is already sitting in their tanks right, so the idea that it's now suddenly costing them thirty cents a lead more literally overnight, I think displows people's mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think Anne uses the seven to eleven app a little bit and she says the fuel locks the seven eleven fuel locks in the cheapest fuel within a certain radius. Thank you, missus Barclay. The Thursday Yes or No yesterday? Do our pollies deserve a pay rise?
Speaker 42: The nose won that one. They were ninety eight and the yes's were thirty two. I mean yes, I think they do actually deserve a pay rise because we want a high standard of people of person in there, and I think the only way you get that is by ensuring that it's competitively remunerated.
Speaker 1: Once we looked into it. Scott Morrison, Scott Morrison, Anthony Alban easy is paid well relative to the world wide stage. So world wide stage, a lot of world leaders paid as well as him. Yep, so especially of countries of similar size and population size and first World countries.
Speaker 42: So that was a we demand a lot of our politicians and rightly so, and I think the pay should reflect that.
Speaker 1: Gets double what the British prime ministers pay. And today's yes or no? Do you need electricity credit? So that this is not do you want one? Do you need electricity credit of three or four hundred dollars?
Speaker 22: Yeah, it's an interesting response to this one. It's pretty evenly split. The yess just leading with fifty three and the nose are forty nine. I'm a no, I don't need an electricity credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. There's a street sign in kelm Scott with a spelling yprees and I.
Speaker 32: Think that's yp SO.
Speaker 1: It's a battlefield battlefield in France, wasn't it, I think?
Speaker 22: So?
Speaker 1: Do you know how to pronounce it, Jim, I'd say, why press white press? Yeah, yeah, EEPs, EEPs. I'm guessing I'm not sure. With a surname night beamont, I probably should know. That's Norman in our Diver's yp e s. We talk about it a fair bit around Remembrance Day Antique Day as well. One double three eighty four. We'd love to hear from you today. No price cycle for diesel just stays up high all the time.
Speaker 42: It's not too bad at the moment, actually, and I say it's not too bad relatively speaking. I think I've had a dollar seventy nine the other day, which I think is not too bad.
Speaker 1: I thought it did cyclub and dear.
Speaker 22: I mean it changes, I don't.
Speaker 48: I don't.
Speaker 22: My opinion on fuel.
Speaker 1: Everyone was cheaper than you LP back in the day.
Speaker 22: Is that I think it is at the moment, is it?
Speaker 28: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 22: I think it is. But if I need it, I need it. I can't.
Speaker 42: It's not one of those things where I think, well, I'll, you know, wait two days, because I'm always running on the smell of an oily rag.
Speaker 19: Anyway.
Speaker 1: The other one, which Dad points out is fuel Spy is an awesome app to use Australia wid It shows cheapest fuel on a map. It's great when traveling. Thanks Deb. Yeah that came up yesterday as well. Thank you. I thought petrol joints sold two chocolates instead of fuel. I always get asked, you do, don't you?
Speaker 19: Would you like would you like some bottles of water?
Speaker 1: Would you like some chocolates?
Speaker 49: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's the diesels. Fine things. Six minutes to mid day if you want to call any cam one double three eight eighty two. So we did bring you the news. Woodside send us a little sneak preview of their media release earlier today and Barclay read it out for us, The Woodside Northwest Shelf should it be extended to twenty seventy The protesters are out today, but they haven't given a bit more time Barnesy Bye. They've submitted to Murray what the Environment Minister, but they've been a bit more time.
Speaker 42: It's a very emotive discussion and I don't actually think there is a right or wrong answer for this one, because I can actually see both sides of it, and I don't think it is as simple yes or no that should it happen or should it not happen, because the fact of the matter is that we are using gas in our state and if we don't have a supply of gas, what is the alternative currently? But then I can absolutely see and understand the concerns around the environmental impacts as well. So you know, the fact that they've been granted an extension to respond to the Commonwealth conditions is probably a good thing because we want.
Speaker 22: Everything to be looked at. We want this to.
Speaker 42: To be looked at, you know, and have all the information and put everything on the table. I do not believe it is a you know, black or white binary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and I were there at me not oil when not five minute rant against Woodside. So at some point they've become the death Star. They've become this incredible organization that is the absolute lightning rodtivism and protests, haven't they They have.
Speaker 22: I wouldn't say they're the only one, though.
Speaker 42: I think there are a lot of people campaigning about fossil fuel industries and related companies worldwide. I think maybe this is because it's at the forefront of people's minds and this decision has been pending for a while. Again, it's not it's not black and white in my mind.
Speaker 30: Yet.
Speaker 5: How are you good?
Speaker 1: Thank you, you do a good show mate, Thank you friend, Thank you Clayton.
Speaker 29: I just wanted to say to Lisa, I'm a retired mechanic. Now, never let your fuel go down to a quarter tank net to a quarter, yeah, the last quarter of a tank. Never let it go down to that.
Speaker 19: Why is that?
Speaker 29: Because as your car gets older, the fuel, whether you put the top fuel in or the bottom fuel in, it's at the bottom of the sediment and then it comes into your motor and then you.
Speaker 1: Have all these problems. Yeah, all right, thanks Clayton, thank you, Thanks the clock here, barnsy back in a set, Dan and Christo, Christo Dove, chrissen Epra y p r yes, Epra.
Speaker 22: What's a learning on this show today? I love it?
Speaker 1: In credible credit. Has been an incredible hour, Barnsy, thanks you week for you big week for me. Thank you Christo, Thank you Dan. At least enjoy the rest of your day. Thanks Bowie, Yeah you too. Thanks a lot, Lisa Barnes were lucky to have her. She'll be back with us the same time next week. Merst Magical Mystery Tour rolls on. After midday we reflect on the passing of Brian Wilson. Stay listening, still like that? Don't you want that thing? Don't you?
Speaker 32: I will I'll never not like it. I will never not like it.
Speaker 52: In fact, I was on a mind site Wednesday, sorry, yesterday morning, coming home and I listened to that song twice before I got on the plane.
Speaker 1: Did you really what did you actually? I like the I think I had it on vinyl. I think I'm the war Us.
Speaker 52: Yes, it's full on the Hill, Full on the Hill, flying Hello, Goodbye, Strawberry Fields.
Speaker 1: How's it's hello? Goodbye?
Speaker 32: It's brilliant.
Speaker 52: Well, I mean I could gush about the Beatles all day. In fact, if you want to, we can we get to.
Speaker 1: Make the Beatles a little bit later on yours Court said to me recently, you will turn into it, but you turn into a beatle during this hour?
Speaker 32: Do I really is that? I thank you very much, Simon.
Speaker 1: Very good to be. It's very good to be.
Speaker 32: Thank you very much. Peace and love, Simon, Peace and love. That's only three more. Hello mother, Well yo, go well? Am I allowed to do this?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 19: Want to.
Speaker 1: Today we reflect on the genius that was Brian Wilson, him having passed a couple of days ago. And we've got to We've got we'll get your top five Beach Boys tracks and why but we'll expend a little bit to our listeners because the Beach Boys remind you of summer, yeap, be by the beach.
Speaker 32: And also I'm scared of the listeners choosing all the Beach Boys ones that I chose for my top five.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, spread the yeah cast the net for the Beach Boys songs were songs about summer and about the beach. And I think I told so I went to see you play last night. Did a great job. Mate. By the way, thank you really really good. And that's just what I needed, was for the for the host at Vicky Brown's to buy another round of drinks.
Speaker 32: Just what you needed, especially with an early start doing radio like you do.
Speaker 1: Just what I need to thank you.
Speaker 32: Keep you fresh, keeps you fresh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Rippers are those two owners.
Speaker 32: They're fantastic.
Speaker 14: Mate.
Speaker 52: It's a great little venue and I enjoyed playing it. It's it's exactly the intimate sort of setting.
Speaker 32: That i'd like to do an acoustic show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really good last night and a couple of sales guys went on. They came in about eleven o'clock today. I got here a bit earlier than that. Well done to the sales team. What do they do?
Speaker 32: They have fun.
Speaker 1: They have fun.
Speaker 52: It's called networking, simon. If it wasn't there's an art for It's an art form, you know.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't for our sales staff, you and I would not be partnered up with Grunts Car Stereo.
Speaker 32: Absolutely true.
Speaker 52: Without him, we wouldn't be Grant's stereover in Morley. Yeah, keeping us in the life for a customer.
Speaker 1: Keeping us in the life into which we are accustomed. So you can phone in today, folks. You know how if you haven't heard this segment before, it's unreal. It's unreal. Just you can phone in one level three.
Speaker 52: Actually, i'd go as far as saying it's fully sick, mate, it's actually fully sick.
Speaker 1: If you hear me f on six pr is fully sick. It was it Blake the last night who played cricket with you?
Speaker 52: Yeah, it was actually and I didn't recognize him at first, and then you know when your mind can go just make out this old face as a thirteen year old and go.
Speaker 1: Yep, now I know you. Yeah, cricket in Albany, cricket and Albany.
Speaker 32: Yeah, no one would believe it.
Speaker 1: Look look at you go, let's get you.
Speaker 32: Don't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: You could tell five Beach Boys tracks that reflect the genius that was miss Shson. Yeah, absolutely, five mate.
Speaker 52: My number five could have been my number one and probably should have been my number one. It's God only knows. From the pet Sounds, it's a masterpiece. It's a beautiful, beautiful song and I think even Paul McCartney said at one point that's the one.
Speaker 32: The pet Sounds was the big record for them that went we have to do better than that, and came up with Sergeant Pepper because it's a masterpiece. Brian Wilson really was a genius.
Speaker 52: He sat in the studio for months and months on and creating this album while the other guys are out on the road doing all the heavy lifting. Not really, he's doing the heavy lifting, because we're still talking about him now. They were just on the road doing the teeny bopper shows and he came up with this album.
Speaker 32: God only knows. It's gorgeous.
Speaker 52: He got his younger brother Carl to sing it because he was the kind of producer that just because he wrote it and it's a beautiful song. He wanted the best vocalist in the Beach Boys to feature on the song.
Speaker 32: Have a quick listen, just good.
Speaker 1: Now, God means what nice nurse number.
Speaker 6: Five for you?
Speaker 32: Yeah, number five could have been number one very easily.
Speaker 1: But it's a layers say, lots of layers to lots of sounds.
Speaker 26: Just yeah.
Speaker 52: He started to really explore those and you can hear the Beach Boys. They're doing what would really be in a symphony orchestra.
Speaker 32: This part does that. It's all little counter melodies and he didn't even need words.
Speaker 1: It's just beautiful. It is what I make. Thank you were joined this Merse's top five Beach Boys tracks, the songs that reflect the genius of that band of mister Wilson himself. But we're happy to take calls from you today about songs that remind you of summer. Get I Paul.
Speaker 53: Good Boys, Happy Friday. Look, I'll go with the natural Beach Boys song will go with Cooke and Moo, which I'm not sure actually is on any of their albums. I think it's only on the Cocktail soundtrack.
Speaker 17: Which in the video clip had a young young John.
Speaker 53: Stamos planning the bongo drums before he was famous. But just write in my ear, I was sixteen around that time, and I mean a lot of the stuff's a bit before my time.
Speaker 38: But this one was right right in it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 53: So it is definitely probably my favorite Beach Boys song.
Speaker 1: Thank you, PAULI Yeah, what say you?
Speaker 49: Matt?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 52: Look, it's definitely a great choice for favorite summer songs. It exudes summer for sure. Not generally regarded by Beach Boys fans as one of their favorites, I think because Brian actually had nothing to do with the track.
Speaker 32: I know he's in the video clip. It was a Mike Club sort of thing.
Speaker 52: Yeah, it was Mike Love's opportunity to stick it to all the people that said you were nothing, and Brian Wilson was the Beach Boys, and well I had a number won hit on my own.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Brian Brown and Tom Cruise and Crocktail.
Speaker 32: Yeah yeah, I remember that. I love Brian Brown. I just think he's fabulous and great movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah well no, thanks Paulie Gooda. Troy, hey boy, hello Troy?
Speaker 31: Can you talking about summer?
Speaker 46: At the middle of bloody winter?
Speaker 32: Were trying to remind ourselves of summer? That's why.
Speaker 46: M okay, it's your show. You do what your bloody lock. I don't care. I'll just ring up and pull the pee out of you.
Speaker 39: Boys.
Speaker 46: Now Brian Adams and this has happened in Spearwood and speaking Field. Not something happened and he wasn't allowed to perform. But anyway, my song boys is somewhere sixty a.
Speaker 1: Thank yeah, thanks Troy. How did you do this? I do do it?
Speaker 52: Yeah yeah, I got a little tired of it for a while. It's an often requested tune.
Speaker 46: I mate, yep, if you play Summer of sixty nine, this place will go on.
Speaker 32: But I must have been I actually really love Brian Adams. I think he writes a great song.
Speaker 1: I've seen him live. He heavyes get up you know when you often hear it on FIM radio and a score compressed and sounds.
Speaker 32: Oh yeah, yeah up. He's a rock and roller showing.
Speaker 1: Guitar and gives it a whack, no, no doubt. Thanks Troy.
Speaker 52: Sad Yeah, Jez, thanks Joy cool summer of sixty nine, I've been a particular good summer for him to single out that one of all the summers he had.
Speaker 32: It's very fond of sixty nine years.
Speaker 52: Good.
Speaker 32: It was a good summer. It was a good it was a good year for him. I was sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Chris, I know what you're saying. I saw something I didn't think i'd ever see.
Speaker 32: What's that?
Speaker 1: I saw you play horses.
Speaker 52: You know when I just deliberately play horses and I haven't been asked for it.
Speaker 32: You know that I've I've given.
Speaker 1: Up on you just want to get one? You want to go home? Yeah, you want to get to play horses and after the bump you out and get your.
Speaker 19: Pick up.
Speaker 32: Me bags, I'm done.
Speaker 1: You did a good job too, and the place did go off that I told you I play horses, This place will go off.
Speaker 32: Go off. Too, said, notice I announced it as a Ricky Lee Jones.
Speaker 1: So that was cool. That was was seventeen minutes past twelve, the opening track of that album, I think, I think we belong together Ricky Ley Jones one of the great epic symphonic.
Speaker 32: Is it really?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that it's on ripper mate.
Speaker 52: I knew that Horses was a it's like up the tail end of the record. It's tracked ten or eleven or something like that.
Speaker 32: No one knew it. Sorry.
Speaker 52: Daryl Breaithwaite brought it up. He said, Simon Harsey to produced that record.
Speaker 19: I think it is.
Speaker 32: It doesn't matter if it's not, but I'm pretty sure it is. And they were looking for a song and he goes, I want to do this ricular Jones song, and they're thinking Chucky or you know, some of her big ones and he plays them Horses and they've gone why. He goes, no, it's great, it's really great, And he was right.
Speaker 52: Because it's just indears itself to Yeah, and she's surprised, like she's a made That song did nothing for her, but in Australia it's a huge hit for Daryl Brothwaite.
Speaker 1: Goes for twenty minutes Life seven went long when you're a kid Last night I was seven eight and a half minutes past twelve? What's your number four? As you looked? Hold that thought? Mate? All right, we'll come back in a sect. We're getting mrd's top five Beach Boys Brian Wilson moments on the show today, and you can phone in with your summer songs one, double, three, eight eighty two, one step ahead. This is fun in here today.
Speaker 18: It is fun.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 32: I'm extra excited to find out that Sunday's beat up an.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize.
Speaker 32: Have I got that wrong? Sorry, I was only half listening when you read the red lights. I was only half listening when you read that to your number four.
Speaker 52: My number four is a tune called Marcella And I did a little bit of research because I loved that anyway, and I thought i'd better find out that Brian's on it, and it was one of the few that he was on.
Speaker 32: What's the record before, Holland.
Speaker 19: Not Carl and the Passion.
Speaker 32: It is Carl and the Passions, Carl and the Passions.
Speaker 1: Jimmy, Hey, look at that guy.
Speaker 52: Go honestly, Carl and the Passions and I thought I knew this was a really heavy Carl album, but no, this is.
Speaker 32: One of Brian's tracks, a bit rare.
Speaker 52: I like to do the ones where you go everyone listens to I get around and surf in us A.
Speaker 32: Check this song out?
Speaker 1: Good right cool.
Speaker 32: Yeah, there's a bunch of early seventies beach boys stuff that's overlooked a bit. I've got another one coming up. It's my number two. It's my number two. And yeah, I overlooked and underrated spectacular.
Speaker 1: Ben and Bell Dives is going to bow and move. One of my favorite parts of the week, with all respect to the legendary Troy from Collie For some reason, for some reason, he reminds me of a nicer and harmless version of Mick Taylor from Wolf Creek.
Speaker 52: Honestly, Troy doesn't phone in. I'm disappointed. Yeah, it makes my week as well.
Speaker 1: I've met Troy a couple of times. He's like that in real life. Danella, Hi, how are you hi?
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 7: Yes, my favorite time of the week too.
Speaker 31: One of my.
Speaker 45: Favorite summer songs is Seals and Cross by Fields and Cross nineteen seventy two Summer Breeze.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I just love that so.
Speaker 31: Much when I'm at the beach ure.
Speaker 16: Yes, in that mode, definitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 32: Song to transport you back to summer, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I remember hearing it on my first ever radio that I ever had. Yeah, it was huge song seventy three and then you're going.
Speaker 32: Yeah, maybe even slightly later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Danella.
Speaker 20: Summer the.
Speaker 1: Takes big build time to do the jazz.
Speaker 32: Yeah, nineteen seventies.
Speaker 1: Over hear you and courtantly singing that, Yeah.
Speaker 32: Great song. You know it's funny.
Speaker 52: I don't want to get all technical, but I sort of susted out one time. Those really breezy, easy going, happy feeling tunes from the seventies. There's lots of major sevenths used. Ok so as opposed to a dominant seventh. It sounds bluesy and all you know there major seven is going.
Speaker 32: It's got that vibe.
Speaker 1: He's got to shine to it, hasn't. I saw you put some backing vocals together in the studio a couple of weeks ago and are goin to be to be technical. There will be some musicos listening you. You just did three versions in you of that?
Speaker 32: I think I did four four versions, So I did three part harmony.
Speaker 52: I did some oohs and oohs and r's and I did three part harmony, but I split it into four, so I did four of one one note and then four, so I had twelve and it makes.
Speaker 32: A big choiet tom sound.
Speaker 26: Yeah.
Speaker 32: Well I learned from the best Courtney Mophing.
Speaker 1: Yeah what am I? Gary? Today?
Speaker 34: Kido, Simon, Chris and giants use the crest name. Hey, before I give you my song, can I ask you? Do you guys know the connection between Murray Wilson, manager and father of the Wilson Boys, and the band called the sun Right?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 32: I don't know either, and I'm a little embarrassed to say I don't know. What is the connection?
Speaker 34: Well Murray Murray had an argument with the band, so he left and he put together the script.
Speaker 10: Who probably had.
Speaker 34: A one hit wonder somebody who might nominate the sun Rays. They are a carp and coffee of the Boach Boys, right down to the striped shirt the guys just wearing the have a good day at the Bach fin Mylne's California Girl, Thank you very much?
Speaker 26: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 32: Gary?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cool? What do you do you like? California Girls? Is in your five.
Speaker 52: It's not in my fire, but it could have been. I mean, I didn't want to go for the real obvious ones. I know, like lyric wise it to be cheesy and all the rest of it. But it's just an exquisite piece of music. That's what Brian Wilson and the intro really, I know what we're.
Speaker 32: Going to play the intro, but here we go.
Speaker 20: Feeling.
Speaker 52: The lyrics were written by Mike Love, Okay, which would explain, you know, when when when Brian's writing with who's the other guy, Van Dyke Parks and somebody called Asher, is that the lyrics are kind of a little more interesting and beatlesque and you know, poetic and artistic and if Mike Love is left to write the lyrics, it's about cars and girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, essentially indeed, very very evocative song. Isn't you want to go to California? And California totally agree and meet a Californian girl?
Speaker 32: Is the.
Speaker 1: Often you think of their voices and their harmonies and the melodies. Were they good? Muse O Smith? That bassline there and.
Speaker 52: The bassline isn't isn't Brian it's actually by that point then he was using I forgot now I'm gonna I've got a mental blank. But there was a session team, the Wrecking Crew, the Reckon.
Speaker 32: I just got it in time.
Speaker 1: James lan Campbell on the latch.
Speaker 32: James gave me a look that said, you better come up with her. I'm going to steal it. I'm going to steal on. I'm I'm in for the steal.
Speaker 1: What's her name? The bass player from the Wrecking Crew, Jimmy Carol Kaye.
Speaker 18: I was nearly there.
Speaker 22: Get out of here, I'll be quite next night.
Speaker 32: Yeah, yeah, she's she was amazing. And how Blaine was the drummer.
Speaker 52: They had just a series of session musicians because no, Dennis Wilson wasn't a very good drummer.
Speaker 32: I think Carl was okay on guitar. Our was just a chord playing guy.
Speaker 52: They weren't proficient, you know, particularly amazing musicians. So that's why Brian Wilson put these records together while.
Speaker 32: They were out on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I think Carl was.
Speaker 32: Probably a little better than he's given credit. But the others went the.
Speaker 1: That's a good doco The Wrecking Crew. Yeah, absolutely love your music. Watched The Wrecking Cruise is astonishing, They Chris, it was so bad.
Speaker 39: It was yeah, we're here, sorry about So what were you guys doing back in nine fifty eight?
Speaker 32: I was not even a cloudy cluster in the old man's clacker bag. I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I wasn't around dump.
Speaker 39: Is there a dumper?
Speaker 14: I look?
Speaker 39: Eddie Cockran, Eddie Cochran put out a song called Summertime Blues right track, a pretty good song, and Paul McCartney first song he played to impress John Leonard to get in the band was Eddie Cocklan's twenty Flight Rock. That's how good he was, So Summertime Blues is my song.
Speaker 1: Thanks Chris Good. I've never heard that one about you hit that you Live and Learn. It's been that sort of week, Thanks Chris.
Speaker 21: Here we go.
Speaker 9: The first time, A cooler fall.
Speaker 32: About a rook in all the summer, Just a tin of earn dollar, have a time of co fev, try to get day?
Speaker 1: Was there? Nor Die Son?
Speaker 19: You got a workingly sometime.
Speaker 32: But I'm a gonna dude.
Speaker 18: But the you.
Speaker 32: That cool?
Speaker 1: Is that sound really cool?
Speaker 52: I've heard of Brian sets a version from the Lubumba movie, which I like slightly better because it's a.
Speaker 19: Bit more rocking.
Speaker 1: But what's your number three? Please Murph?
Speaker 52: My number three could have been my number one, but I chose it for number three. It's Warmth of the Sun, which I think is also in pet Sounds. It's just it's a stunning piece of music and sung so brilliantly.
Speaker 19: Well, she.
Speaker 32: I cryed cheese.
Speaker 49: This bit, this bit, this bit, all your good bits ingram We.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you got very unusual melody, isn't it.
Speaker 32: I've got goosies. Yeah, yeah, on.
Speaker 1: Board, I mate, will take ports. You've got two to go from Murpha and we'll take your cause. Neil Kevin Clark, faith Ned stay there be with you guys.
Speaker 51: In a second, got a crash on Mitchell Freeway southbound after Hester Avenue in Junel up the right hand laner's block with police and Toei's on side. Traffic slow on approach as went out there that guys, turn the lights on and give yourself extra breaking distance and allow extra time to get to where you're going. Southbound on the Quanana Freeway. Already slow going at mill Point Road northbound on the Quanana Mortemer Road to Wankatil Road Nordla's Graham Farmer, Northbridge Tunnel CBD or the Metro.
Speaker 1: I'm Bruce Walsh on Perth Traffic Leader six PR.
Speaker 32: We're now going to head to the six PR newsroom. Please may welcome John Nichols.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Chris good afternoon. The commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard is among those who have been killed in major Israeli strikes. The idea of has hit nuclear and military facilities, and there are reports intelligence aged see Mossat has carried out sabotage operations. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netta Yahoo says teh Ran was getting close to building a nuclear weapon that couldn't be allowed. The federal government is describing the situation in Gaza as unacceptable as it announces more aid. Australia is sending ten million dollars worth of food and medical supplies through a partnership with Jordan. A twenty eight year old man has been charged with a string of child sexual assault offenses. Police alleged the Nola Maara man was providing baby setting services at the time of the offenses. Cricket Australia, the Pertz Corches and the state government are pumping up the West Test with festivities to surround the first men's Ashes Test in late November. The match will be supported by the West Fest as well as a WBBL match on the Saturday of the game to open the new Whacker redevelopment. Twenty degrees at the moment, showers today becoming less likely, down to seven overnight twenty tomorrow with a possible shower. More news at one.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, John. Speaking of cricket, there's Max Walker. Ever been to any of your gigs?
Speaker 32: Yeah, Maxie Walker?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yes, but Maxie, I think you like it. I really like one of my gigs. I really like Yeah, yeah, which Max Walker?
Speaker 49: I don't know.
Speaker 32: I don't know. I was under pressure, John, I was under pressure. That's the best I could do.
Speaker 1: I have heard him before in the corridor. He's pretty good. John. Do you have a summer song we can play to our listeners.
Speaker 2: I always go for one that no one else is going to pick, and I like to give David Warners from the Suburbs of Run whenever I can. I would like to pick African summer.
Speaker 1: Alright, thank you.
Speaker 22: I'm stretched out on Scarborough Beach.
Speaker 52: Can Australian summer I feel like this might be Troy's favorite as well.
Speaker 1: College shirt. When there's some mur I'm going to call it You're on fire. Thanks John. Very unusual choice. You're welcome it.
Speaker 32: That's the best I can come up with you, Thank you, John, Very unusual choice.
Speaker 1: Mitch's phone in, Hello.
Speaker 30: Mitch, can I what's the most entertaining? Murphy mentioned Dennis Wilson as the drummer to be was he was actually the only one who.
Speaker 18: That's right.
Speaker 3: The brothers.
Speaker 30: Drowned in nineteen eighty three. But a little known fact about Dennis Wilson was he was at the house where the Manson murders occurred earlier in the night and left about half an hour before the nasty people arrived.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 32: I knew he had a connection. Yeah, I didn't realize it was the same night.
Speaker 20: Wow it.
Speaker 1: That's all right, Bring to tone down, no, no good to hear him. So it was that in Once upon a Time in Hollywood the Tarantino found a little bit.
Speaker 30: I don't I don't think it was in the movie, but it's in a couple of books I've read about Charles Manson.
Speaker 52: Yeah, all right, Well, they co wrote songs together Charles Manson and Dennis Wilson.
Speaker 32: They co wrote a couple of songs serious. Yeah, I don't know if they made it on Beach.
Speaker 52: Boys Records or he's got a solo record Pacific Ocean Road Blue.
Speaker 1: Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue.
Speaker 14: Thank you for that?
Speaker 1: Thanks miss? Did you make that? Brian Wilson and Charles Mann Dennis Wilson. Jennis Wilson co wrote some songs with Charles Manson.
Speaker 32: Absolutely yeah, wow, yeah for real cracky but you don't just get me in a huge good looking mate, honestly Aanne Barclay would say huge if true?
Speaker 1: Thanks Mitch, could I Neil?
Speaker 25: Okay?
Speaker 14: So IM good a Chris?
Speaker 25: Just listening to that, that's pretty funny. Yeah, just talking about that summer bree sung by Sales and Cross. If you listen to a version and by the Isley Brothers, it is awesome, great guitar solo in as well. But yeah, if you want to to compare them both. But yeah, you were just talking about Dave Warner African Summer. We used to go and see him at the Sense and when I was a young fellow and that and halftime at the football. Everyone loved it pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, them. I saw him a couple of years ago playing at the winery that is no longer called it used to be Haughton's. It's now called Nicola State. Yeah, yeah, he was still still good. They're older fellas now the boys. Thanks Neil.
Speaker 4: Here it is.
Speaker 20: The jazz Man and my mo.
Speaker 1: The jazz Man in my MA R and B.
Speaker 52: Treatment sort of confirms the theory I have that if you're African American, anything you do will be slightly better. It's true, though you reckon yeah, a Beatles song is great, and then like Wilson pick it'll do it and you go, yeah, slightly better.
Speaker 32: It's true.
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes that's true.
Speaker 32: Good show.
Speaker 1: So it's good child Man's child Man Things blowing me away keV huge if.
Speaker 6: True, huge of truth, Hey, Simon and Chris.
Speaker 16: Although although some of the songs are good because I can just picture falling asleep on the beach and gag some burnt the hell of hell out of by the time I woke up. But I feel like lifting the tempo and bringing another song that's underrated from the good old nineties, something a bit closer, and the lyrics I think speak for themselves. Song Song by Cisco.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks keV. There we go.
Speaker 32: Lend me see that Kong high sounds.
Speaker 52: He's very passionate about his double pluggers, isn't he walking walking up the beach with one thng on? Did you lose a thng?
Speaker 32: Like?
Speaker 28: No?
Speaker 32: I found one?
Speaker 1: What on cave? Could they clark you?
Speaker 3: Number one in Australia?
Speaker 11: Some I Love by Sherburn?
Speaker 32: Good choice, good choice?
Speaker 1: Love this song.
Speaker 52: I love this song too, good old Daryl Broithwait, Yeah, written by Guy Porter and.
Speaker 32: The other guy, the bass player, Tony somebody.
Speaker 1: Prolific writer Guar Porter. Wasn't he so much he thought that.
Speaker 52: There's another song Daryl Broithway could sing. But when he's doing live gig, he doesn't just have to do horses. No, who'd have thought it's a good track.
Speaker 1: It's a good track.
Speaker 32: My I'm alive, I'm sure.
Speaker 19: But this place, my god.
Speaker 32: That was back in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 1: I would have said that Faye has phone in get I faith?
Speaker 54: Oh Hi day, yeah, hi guys. About fifty years ago, my favorite Beach Boys song was called do It Again. And I can still remember the words. And I'm in my later sixties and I was just wondering if you could.
Speaker 16: Pay it for me?
Speaker 1: Of course, Yeah, my good choice, great track, Thanks Faith.
Speaker 32: I got a cassette when I was twelve was called My Generation.
Speaker 52: There was a lot of that stuff coming out when I was about twelve, who was focused on the music played in the Vietnam kind of thing.
Speaker 32: That track was on it. It was the first time I'd heard that song, and I went, how where's this song? Being my whole life?
Speaker 1: Great song in the last eleven years.
Speaker 52: I can't believe I've lived my entire lit and missed that song Oh my Life without Doing It Again by the.
Speaker 1: Beach Boys twelve, I'll get you number two in just a second. Yeah, yeah, sure, So the Do It Again is not in your top two. It's not no Ned good.
Speaker 27: Gooday, Simon, Chris, how are you doing good?
Speaker 39: I just very quickly.
Speaker 24: I don't think you can.
Speaker 27: Talk about the Beach Boys and not mention Jan and Dean.
Speaker 4: I believe they wrote songs for each other and the sound was so similar.
Speaker 8: It's amazing.
Speaker 52: I don't know that Jan and wrote any songs for the Beach Boys, but I think the Beach Boys probably handballed a couple of songs to him.
Speaker 32: But I know they're singing on Barbara and you remember that song? Yeah, yeah, so Brian put that track together.
Speaker 52: But I think it's Jan and Dena maybe one other Beach Boy. It's not actually the full Beach Boys.
Speaker 1: They're on pet Sounds as well.
Speaker 24: Right, Well, my my summer song, and I think you can call Jimmy Oil.
Speaker 37: Of Jimmy Buffett's.
Speaker 13: Songs summer songs would have to be Margaritaville.
Speaker 1: Yep, Bruceie Welsh's one of his favorite songs. Really yeah, generic Bruce's favorites. Thanks need good manxme Straman is.
Speaker 32: What on my six string?
Speaker 1: Smell of stramp?
Speaker 20: Ever again?
Speaker 32: Sounds like he said something else? Western away again? And you've plenty of pizza in Margarita.
Speaker 1: You've you've had your filter removes last week? Have I had a filter extraction?
Speaker 16: Surely?
Speaker 18: Nice?
Speaker 5: Well, I.
Speaker 32: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Whatevers? Whatever's there? And I'm pointing at your forehead. I'm straight out of your good.
Speaker 32: It's been a big week.
Speaker 1: Learning has happened to you. We'll come back, Thank you, ned very nice mate. We'll come back in just a sect quarter to one two more of merse All Time Beach boys fave is coming up on Merse Magical Mystery Tour thanks to Grant's Car Stereo. Hello Grant, thanks for looking after us today. Mate. We're having a blinder in here today. A hand. It's just watchanges watching this force of nature just unravel in front of us. Stay listening. Grant says, you know I was sponsoring mers Magical Mystery Tour on Friday. Thank you Grant, and we' it's for Grant's car Stereo. You can add a reverse camera, Mrph for extra safety. Vis at Grant's car Stereo sixty one Street of Morley or car Stereo dot com at dot au. Thanks Rant, thanks for looking out for today, mate. We really really appreciate it. And we just played the Teina Turner the QE de cour Murph. We're giving away a couple of tickets to State of Origin, could I Chris?
Speaker 19: Mate?
Speaker 1: Good? Thank you? Chris wats the code word touch? Yes world, I'm mate the ampole State of Origin Game two is with us. Who are you going to take?
Speaker 30: Mate?
Speaker 10: Queenslanders mate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm the West Australian boy.
Speaker 10: But Queensland mate, I'll be going for the underdog.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, me too. I reckon we want, we want to swear this season up mate world, I mate, you really enjoyed. I reckon Double Past the State of Origin Game two next Wednesday at optors nurl dot com. If you're listening, folks, Well done Chris. Thank you very much Beth for your chance to win ticket status into six pr all this week Ampole State of Origin, Nothing Alike at Merse Magical Mystery to rolls on Curtis your grants cast stereo. What's your number two? Please? Chris?
Speaker 52: My number tip main number two is a song called saleon Sailor, which was started out as a Brian Wilson Choerney was sort of writing and then you know he was in that phase where he's eating a lot of hamburgers and dangling his foot in a in a sand pit of beach sand to get in the mood in his house, and so the other the other guys in the Beach Boys had to help him finish it off. And Blondie Chaplin whod only recently joined the band. He was in South African group called the Flames with Ricky Fatagu, famous session drummer. He sings the song because they once again auditioned each guy on the Beach Boys, and none of them sounded Blondie sounded amazing.
Speaker 32: Checked this song out seldom starn both never Crown, try to turn both around the sting having never and it unredented.
Speaker 2: Part breaks brief always he never creef Here.
Speaker 32: We go, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Song my number one. I didn't know the backstory.
Speaker 32: Yeah, that's a backstory.
Speaker 1: Really good song. I remember that. I think even I could do the lead break in that. It was gagnically, I can I you likely have done that.
Speaker 32: No, I don't reckon, You're good. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: You're probably could.
Speaker 32: Stay in your lane, mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's eight minutes to one o'clock. There's a little bit of correspondence coming in about the collaborations, the collabs between Dennis of the Beach Boys and Charles Manson and maybe some of the associates around mister Manson in particular. So a bit of corresponds coming in there which we won't read given to given we given the sort of the theme of today. One duble three a E two is the phone number if you'd like to give us a call today, this one maybe one of yours.
Speaker 32: We've only got one to go I've got my number one to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you should get Jeff to announce it. Would you like to? Would you like to? Jeff? You say, can I? Jeff?
Speaker 14: Here?
Speaker 32: Going?
Speaker 11: Hey Chris a bowie? You might know me as Steve Chris but one of my favorite songs and memories as a kid in London. This is one of my first singles I ever bought. Concidentally, it's all about beach boys, his heroes and villains. But can I have another one as well? Because in the hot summer of seventy two number one, we're top last and six weeks.
Speaker 32: But here villains one Jo, Yes, j Jeff slash Steve. Heroes and Villains was my number one, So Steve has very good taste.
Speaker 1: Who's Steve and who's Jeff?
Speaker 30: I don't know.
Speaker 52: He said you might know me as Steve and I sort of recognized that it might be a guy I know called Steve and he said, I don't know.
Speaker 32: He said, Jeff, is it is it?
Speaker 1: Does he work in the big records a big music shop?
Speaker 32: Is?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 32: I don't think.
Speaker 1: So he talks like him?
Speaker 27: Does he?
Speaker 1: Francis ROSSI, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 32: What, heroes and feelings not bloody bad is it all right?
Speaker 34: Not bad?
Speaker 32: It's not a bad sune rhymes the newest worriing a song, didn't he it is? It was my number one. It's it's just spectacular.
Speaker 52: I think it was on the aborted Smile record that came out on Smiley Smile.
Speaker 32: Yeah, that's right, the really smiley Smile.
Speaker 14: Let's just.
Speaker 49: My children, we readers.
Speaker 10: Do you know this suddenly?
Speaker 29: Right?
Speaker 49: Is this started?
Speaker 18: Smoll go get the help.
Speaker 14: You wealthy and w.
Speaker 1: I you like this.
Speaker 16: Is there?
Speaker 32: That's the mono version or something because there's a bell effect there. It's kind of ingenious, honestly.
Speaker 1: But it's almost the percussive part of the song is incredible. So good choice mate, Thank you very good today.
Speaker 32: Brian Wilson sadly passed away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I should leave you a filter at home more often. One double three eight two. Actually, you know we can't take any more calls. Where are you playing? Are you playing anywhere publicly this weekend? Murphy? You're heading off to mind sights? Where are you?
Speaker 52: I'm playing at the Lake Munger Recreation Club on Sunday that a little afternoon session there from three point thirty. If you'd like to come and hear me play some songs with my acoustic guitar and have the odd.
Speaker 32: Anecdote, Yes, the j joke or too joke. Yeah, I love those white plastic chairs. Oh yeah, classic class comfortable. You don't go you don't turn up for the chairs, mate.
Speaker 52: It's not about the chairs, all right. If you're turning up for the chairs, you've got to change your way of thinking, right.
Speaker 32: I'm just saying, do you want to go down the luck Munger Recreation Club on the weekend. The plastic chairs are amazing.
Speaker 1: Oliver, how are you?
Speaker 32: Yes, gentlemen?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 1: Good to see how happy Friday per live Ononder five? What do you have for us?
Speaker 50: So this afternoon we're going to talk about when it is and is not appropriate to make noise on the weekends.
Speaker 1: Oh a, load it too.
Speaker 32: This is gonna be the pubs.
Speaker 19: Yesterday.
Speaker 50: We just we got to load to something by somebody yesterday and I thought, you know, you have times of the day when.
Speaker 32: You can do stuff and you can't do stuff.
Speaker 50: Weekend's a little different, right, yeah, yeah, And Saturday is a little less precious than Sundays, but still not the same as Monday or Friday.
Speaker 1: Herph, he spends all weekend, making as much noise as he possibly can, but not.
Speaker 52: Early though, not early, no, no, no, I'm a great Sunday morning. If you're doing stuff before seven o'clock, forget about it.
Speaker 50: On the shut up unless you need to buy an outlas. We'll also have a look at hinjoke whether or not we're about.
Speaker 18: To go to World War three.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there is that.
Speaker 50: It is escalating big time. Andrew Williams, King of TV Streaming, Gareth Parker will have hea He's say on the Prime Minister jetting off to the G seven summits All.
Speaker 1: Right, mate, thank you very much. Golly, We'll come back just a moment and Chris Murphy will give us the final verdict on the year. NA for today, Ashley's our call of the day. Actually, you are going to see Blinde in the Wind on Friday the twentieth, had the regal the music of Bob Dylan, Joan boye Is and Johnny Cash. What's our YNA result today, Murph?
Speaker 32: Yeah, no, do you need an electricity credit?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 52: When yeah, seventy eight of us recond we do and Nah was like sixty.
Speaker 1: Four yeah, all right, thank you four so close, brilliant mate. Thank you for today, my absolute pleasure.
Speaker 49: That's ho