Speaker 1: Caroline, thank you, Hello Blake, do you know what D twenty four was?
Speaker 2: Everyone?
Speaker 1: Welcome to Australia Overnight and now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 3: Australia's quiet. The night rolls on, voices echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 4: Through the dark.
Speaker 1: There's a guiding light.
Speaker 3: Three aw keeps us close tonight.
Speaker 5: Overnight.
Speaker 6: We shardy.
Speaker 2: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 4: Everywhere from city streets to the outbacks. Guys Australia trees as.
Speaker 7: The station fly.
Speaker 1: Great to have you come. What do you where? If you are throughout Australia. I'm Tony mcmaus. If you would like to join the program, and now would be a really really good time you can do that one double three six' nine.
Speaker 2: Three city Wakes hard goes.
Speaker 3: No sony's voice like a friendly.
Speaker 4: Brings the country close across the slam.
Speaker 2: All the, night.
Speaker 4: Shedy stories and laughter.
Speaker 1: Everywhere it's a big welcome of. Everybody fire six pr Em perth of course hello to five double a In adelaide to welcome along to THE Ace radio. Network you can join. Us it's all part of The Australia Overnight mino.
Speaker 4: Surfree city Wakes heart goes now to his voice like a friendly hair brings the country close across this land.
Speaker 2: Over night sad the.
Speaker 1: Story each and every, week every couple of weeks ago we we haven't seen him for a month or. So is the one and Only? Roger Now roger in his hot little hand has his tickets are lusting from about nineteen eighty for the kiss band a, listeners.
Speaker 8: The little.
Speaker 1: Tickets where are we going to see? It odd stadium?
Speaker 9: Tickets, kiss thanks so, much, job thank, you that'll be four dollars fifty schedule.
Speaker 10: Did not just?
Speaker 1: Subtlent does that bring back? Memories oh?
Speaker 11: Yes oh nineteen Eighty Waverly, park the fifth Of, november fifth Of.
Speaker 1: November even remember the? Date oh, yes the fifth Of. November did you buy any?
Speaker 12: Merch?
Speaker 1: NO i did not.
Speaker 11: Know Two, NO i know one THING i can tell. You dennis was talking about. Queuing he was two DAYS i queued to get Into. Yep we camped. There we camped At Waverly. Park as a sixteen year, OLD i was so your.
Speaker 1: Mom and dad, said, oh, well if you go go and camp there for a couple of, days see if you can get your. Tickets REALLY i.
Speaker 11: Ran, away, LEFT i left. Home, YEAH i was going to see, kiss come hella high. Water that was how it.
Speaker 1: Was this is not long before you became a long serving forty year member of the police service here IN. Vic four years, Later, yeah four years LATER i was a.
Speaker 10: Cop.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's, bizarre isn't. It that was great.
Speaker 11: TRAINING i didn't really that was so close now THAT i put it like. That four years that's, crazy ISN'T i?
Speaker 1: Know so you Were you're only. Twenty you had your twenty. First it was twenty WHEN i. Started, yep. Unbelievable come and join us Out rodgers here for those that don't know. Where roger is a regular contribute to the. Program it looks after a website called A Healthy. Shift we talk about all things to do with being a shift. Worker, well you call this being. Healthy you look at, Me look at, Me look at, Me look a picture of.
Speaker 11: Health you're looking, well Though i've got to SAY i lost a couple of, kilos but you look well and.
Speaker 1: So feel pretty. Good, yes and you've got to get the right sleep and right lighting and all that sort of. Stuff but feel really. Good IF i could just get rid of this nagging little cough Which den's got as.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah But i've been Warned i've been given the notes don't Make tony laugh on ed because do not Make tony laugh on.
Speaker 1: It that's WHEN i start to cough chronically cough. Tears we'll talk about first responders in Justin do you want to take some of these great. Cauls we've got plenty of people to talk. To. Anything do anything on the program is open line of. Course if you can feel that The i'll say that. Again come and jump on board and be part of. It have you ever been To? Israel you AND i should. GO i have not been To. Israel we should take a whole bunch of people To israel at some.
Speaker 11: Point we still will do the show from the pyramids that. Year, sorry, EXCELLENT i haven't done, well HAVE? I?
Speaker 1: SO i haven't been. There you, Geography, david good, morning.
Speaker 13: Good.
Speaker 14: Morning if you did it from the pyramids In, egypt that's. RIGHT i wouldn't tell The gypsies that you're In. Israel but there's great places you can from here.
Speaker 1: Too i've made a big, mistake you. Have we're going to have some of that beautiful wine that's been producing on some of those old vines In israel for, many many hundreds of. Years see they do some cracking wine in that part of the.
Speaker 14: World, yeah good one, here and if you do, it you can do the show for my living room AND i will tire you with good really wine beer and have them better than.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, so so complimentary. Accommodation all we need really is air fares that we'll.
Speaker 11: Get we'll Get Nathan cost the private. Jet Nathan cost can fly us over.
Speaker 1: Beautifully so this is this has been a really worth while giga.
Speaker 15: By.
Speaker 14: Stephen private. JET i, mean surely you've got.
Speaker 1: One you would think you would have access to.
Speaker 10: One.
Speaker 14: Yeah, ANYWAY i tell you WHY i called Because i'm not Sure i'm going to be able to get on tomorrow and it's already the twelfth In, australia even though it's tent eleven. TEN i wanted to wish you happy early Birthday friday and hope it's a beautiful day and that you are treated very very nicely by the callers and by the family and by the.
Speaker 1: Friends, david that's very very very kind Of you're the first cab to do that and that's much. Appreciated can you believe? It this is not my first this is now my second birthday hosting this, program and as you well, Know, david it's gone very buddy, Quickly, yeah really.
Speaker 14: Quickly you've done a good.
Speaker 1: Job, well that's that's still to be, Decided. David there's a lot of people saying you bring Back, simon but that's.
Speaker 16: Fine, look you share it.
Speaker 1: Around we do share it. Around AND i appreciate that you were saying. That it's very kind of. You all else is well in.
Speaker 8: The, World all else in the.
Speaker 14: World, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: All, right if we hopefully we might talk. Tomorrow you look after yourself and thank you for putting up your room for, rent room for, rent and we'll come and have us stay and do the broadcast from, there and opening the bar and opening the bar with all the cracking wine that he's got in stock and enjoys the occasion a little whiskey as. Well what could possibly go? Wrong? Graham your kind, Morning, Graham how are you?
Speaker 16: Tony we're?
Speaker 1: Well thank? You Rogers Here Roger sutherland from a healthy, Shift good, Morning.
Speaker 16: Greg roger's placement.
Speaker 1: Is he's a four forty years in the. Service, YEAH i did forty.
Speaker 5: Years oh, god you'd have seen as many things As i've.
Speaker 8: Seen what?
Speaker 1: Whereabout what have you. Seen, no don't.
Speaker 5: START i did a little stink with El On bond and can't.
Speaker 1: It oh you would have seen. PLENTY i learned.
Speaker 5: Plenty don't worry about.
Speaker 1: That i've got no doubt about that at. All you.
Speaker 5: Know the good thing About james jail is you learn that the major, problem AND i think this was like twenty four years, ago the major problem was. Drugs like, criminals they don't really want to see your money for any other REASONSCEPT i.
Speaker 11: AGREE i could not agree more with. You it's everything comes back to, that doesn't.
Speaker 5: It it looks, sad?
Speaker 16: Sad really it was.
Speaker 1: Interesting it was actually been talked about on three A w in the last twenty four to thirty six Hours. Graham Where as some of those, people, oh, okay your.
Speaker 5: MESSAGE i was getting my chemo treatment that the W a public system here At Charlie gardener is. BRILLIANT i was in there for eight. Days they gave me all the. Treatment they looked after me like a bloody, king had all the nurses running, around cracking joke for them and breaking three cups of sad free.
Speaker 8: Food and we'll be back.
Speaker 5: At work painting the outside of the house.
Speaker 16: Tomorrow so. Good.
Speaker 1: Good then how are you feeling? Right?
Speaker 5: Great feel? Fantastic so this this is this new trial program where they've got a mixture of chemo with something, else you, know and they just give you a needle in the stomach and only on the fourth day and the eighth day and the rest of the days you take pills and eat the free food and get the free coffee and check out all the good looking. Nurses what life couldn't get?
Speaker 16: Better?
Speaker 1: MATE i provide you with scenery as well as all.
Speaker 5: That getting back to you. Today WHEN i came, OUT i did a heart for our show With fred From. AFRICA i came out in two, Thousand november two, thousand AND i told him then the biggest problem is going to be drugs in the bloody, thing because you could see it right in the system and there was no she can't have had a fence round of. Them there was quite huge for people to just drop. BODY i went out one day AND i was out near The Servantine road and there was this big silver package right Elf will AND i kicked it up and impressed cannabate AND i put her back again AND i went back in And aline, said did you report?
Speaker 16: IT i, said do you.
Speaker 17: Know how Long i'd last IF i reported.
Speaker 1: That it's an interesting, Observation, graham thank you for. That believe you there except to SAY i heard on three O W. Roger but there was inside the culture of say, prisons for, example there was a level of satisfaction with those if certain, medications drugs if you're like were, available because then there was no there was less damage and violence in the. Prison i've got no. Doubt and so there was this mixed emotion about. It whilst it's, wrong whist is? Illegal you AND i, say, well why would? You the reality is it was a way of keeping a little bit of peace and kept. Order so that kept. Order that's kept. Order, yeah it just keeps a bit of. Order. Chears when we come back, here we want to talk about given that he beautifully kicked it off for, Us. Graham in terms of first, responders a massive day. Yesterday we'll talk about it again this. Morning first respond is how important they are right Across. Australia wherever you're tuned in might be Five DOUBLE a And. Adelaide we're here at three O w In. Melbourne of, courses you, know THE ace radio network and SIX P i In. Perth come join. Us one double three six nine Three perth. Listens one double three eight eighty. Two I'm tony. McManus Roger sutherland is. Here it's a healthy shift to all part Of Australia. Revenight we love being. HERE i hope you love being part of the program as. Well encourage you to do. So one double three sixth N i'm. Three Roger, sutherland a long serving police officer here In, victoria survived it for forty. Years these days specialized as a range of. THINGS a veteran law enforcement, officer he now coaches people to what you'd almost say, thrive not just, survive because many of us go through life trying to, survive but it's more about thriving and he works with shift workers to provide energy to do the things they love outside the shift. Work it's an interesting program and one that's still got a long way to play, out but going. Well are you allowed to announce make that announcement as yet or you'd rather? Not what's that? One returning to the fold for a little, Bit, yeah, yeah, No i'm actually been invited this.
Speaker 11: Week i'm going back into the fold At Victoria, place which has taken quite a bit for me to, do But i've been invited to go and speak at The women In policing events And i'm just so looking forward to doing this because women do shift work a lot, harder or females do shift work a lot harder than males, do AND i focus predominantly on females and helping them with shift.
Speaker 1: Work i'm well read in that.
Speaker 11: Area once, Again i'll never know what it's, like BUT i study it pretty, hard And i'm going to go and help and educate at The women In policing about how females can go about doing shift work a lot better On i'm Actually i'm, nervous But i'm really excited about, it which is.
Speaker 1: Fantastic is it about the people themselves or is it about the leadership group that you've also got to embrace and they need to embrace some of those things about which you've been talking now for at least a couple of.
Speaker 11: Years, yeah the leadership is something that What i'm trying to do is bring brand, awareness bring my, awareness because managers.
Speaker 1: Don't know THAT i.
Speaker 11: Exist if people don't put it up to, say you, know we've got a blokeout. Here that's done forty years of shift, work that is actually educating on how to go about shift. Work, organizations not just Fit, pole But i'm talking all, organizations nursing and everything don't educate their staff at all about how to go about shift work when they should when they should, sleep and then they don't actually. Consolidated everyone just learns from one thing to the. Next so What i'm trying to do is change. THAT i want people to be educated on how to go about doing shift work BECAUSE i can tell You tony, now the seminar's the. Feedback but just been invited back To Port fairy to go back and do a seminar down there at Sun. Farmer the feedback out of that has been absolutely. Unbelievable the unplanned leavers, reduced the morale is improved in the. Place people have all, SAID i had no IDEA i could do it this way and it would be so much, easier and they are all coping so much better in.
Speaker 1: That so historically it hasn't been addressed at all at all at. All, No, no it's such animportant and part Of australian culture And australian work.
Speaker 11: Life IF i saved one ship IF i was to save one shift worker for Vic, pole it would save them one hundred thousand, dollars.
Speaker 1: Right because they it's that year's.
Speaker 11: Salary they wouldn't have to re, educate they wouldn't have to, train, retrain do everything. Else but and yet WHEN i tell them what my seminars, Were, oh it's too, expensive.
Speaker 1: Coach are you? Kidding we haven't got a. Budget we haven't got the budget for.
Speaker 11: That but and the you, know Vic pole have closed down health and well being centers now as, well which has been Public you, know they're closing their health and well being. Centers so are we really caring about our? People we've got to start. Well one of the principles of Vic pole is valuing our. People how are we valuing them if we're not supporting them and educating them on how to go about it.
Speaker 1: From from womb to too in that? Sense Really david And Matt, Waverley, hello good. Morning it was very very funny about the story Of Grumpy. Tony it'll never get in the, airplane but it's very very.
Speaker 18: Clever it's very, clever SO i hope you like. IT i can consider it a birthday. Present thank. You, NOW i rang to, say, YES i camp down at the showgrounds for three days to get kiss.
Speaker 11: TICKETS i can understand.
Speaker 1: That do you, remember have you still got your? Ticket?
Speaker 18: David, YES i do have my, friends.
Speaker 1: But i've still got my. TICKET i still have my.
Speaker 11: Ticket unfortunately it doesn't have the price on, it WHICH i wish.
Speaker 1: It did you any idea what they would have? BEEN i reckon it.
Speaker 11: WAS i think memory and you can tell, Me, david would it have been nineteen?
Speaker 1: DOLLARS i got a feel how much twenty, twenty.
Speaker 11: Nineteen ninety or something like. That it was twenty, bucks, yeah for the, ticket and we all camp. Down we all camped out for days to get the, tickets and then we had to camp out. Again we had to camp out again to actually get in because it was general. Admission to remember how hot it. Was and the food fight.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 1: Horrible it was.
Speaker 11: And they were throwing ice buckets all over the people standing, there and the food fight once you got inside it was it was actually you can go YouTube that if your YouTube food Fight.
Speaker 1: Waverlely Park, keys it comes. Up it's unbelievable food.
Speaker 18: Fight and then THE mt comes out and, says you, idiots you need to calm.
Speaker 1: Down, yeah otherwise kiss aren't coming out right.
Speaker 18: Wrecked, yeah so let me just.
Speaker 1: Done i'm talking to her, brother go. Anywhere just explained to you somebody who was not there Around australia what happens at a food. Fight people were leaving.
Speaker 11: ANYTHING i don't happen how it. Started the stupid thing was we went to hide behind one of the.
Speaker 1: Cops don't do.
Speaker 11: That don't ever hide behind the, cops because they're the ones that have been having.
Speaker 1: The food thrown at. Them such such fun so uneducated at sixteen any man.
Speaker 11: And someone else has put a text up here as. Well David steve From. NORTHKIIN i camped there on The wednesday on the.
Speaker 1: Wednesdays now it was.
Speaker 11: On saturday night the, show AND i was there from the. Friday he was already there two days before. Me now he would be one of the people that was burning the pine poles to keep warm as well. Overnight that went really, Well david Plus, Adie, morning Mister, Miaggi.
Speaker 19: Good, Morning Tony roger and As, Jackson now you mentioned b twenty four mile, ladder answer.
Speaker 10: It or won for later.
Speaker 11: One, well the question was going to be how did d twenty four get its, Name so go.
Speaker 5: AHEAD i don't know who've got his, name BUT i went now with a few.
Speaker 19: COPS i believe it WAS b twenty, four which is a communications line to call the, police and it was a quicker response TO v. Case yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: Okay SO d twenty four is the nickname that's given to the communications. CENTER i want to challenge anybody out, there do you know why it is CALLED d twenty.
Speaker 1: Four it's only CALLED d.
Speaker 11: Twenty four here IN Vic, victoria not inter, State so unfortunately we'll rule The South australians and The West australians.
Speaker 1: Out but would they have their own? Version they don't have a, detail don't know why did they? Do they?
Speaker 11: Are it's ALWAYS vkc is the allocated call signed by The department Of, Communications so they SAY vkc this is OR vkc two you, know the Mulven van OR vkc two. Whatever but their nickname IS d twenty. Four how did they earn that? Nickname why did they earn that? NICKNAME i want to hear from someone.
Speaker 1: Anybody happened to be listening In South. Australia my great Friend Peter graham was a long serving commission towards the. End And i'm sure he worked in comms In South australia going back to the early part of the eighties as, well And i'm sure he would be he'd no.
Speaker 11: Nickname is there in that state because even he even the junior bundies that would have no. Idea, yeah probably WHY d twenty four is CALLED d twenty four would still say get onto the board or get ONTO d twenty.
Speaker 1: Four former commissioner of course in the Wa Carlo, callahan who did a lot of work out SIX pr In. Perth it might be listening as. Well he'd have some background on some of those names in Wa. Ardie thank. You Ian, Elfington Hello, Simon hey.
Speaker 17: Guys i'm just looking at what's going on In america with company's calling in The marines and all that sort of. STUFF i hope we never get to backstage, here BUT i look at the beginnings of dollars that are being wasted In. Victoria why don't we just double the wages of the police force and bring in some really top kids to protect the state and stop all the calm and make it. Worthwhile give them a free education if they, want you, know to go TO uni off them in sdis to be a voice in uh climbing to boys.
Speaker 1: OFF i couldn't agree.
Speaker 11: More But, SIMON i think we're not addressing it right that banning machetes makes it a retail. Problem this is not a Retail, yeah it's.
Speaker 1: Not you And i've talked about. This it's. Not so why is? It why is it being from a government point of view and from a government position of sort of saying the answer to this is that let's ban.
Speaker 11: Machete, well we banned guns, work does? It we ban guns and people still have. Guns, yeah but guns don't kill people and machetes don't kill.
Speaker 1: People now you're sounding like somebody in the in the middle Of. America, no but guns don't kill.
Speaker 11: People it's the it's the person that's holding onto, it, Right and that's what's got to be. Addressed in my, opinion we have to address. That we have to address where these issues are coming.
Speaker 1: From you.
Speaker 11: CAN'T i, mean guns are, banned you're not allowed to have a. Gun but people have guns and they kill because the person pulls the. Trigger machetes a band, now but machetes are still turning up and they will continue to turn up because we're not addressing the real.
Speaker 19: Problem.
Speaker 1: Well On Tom elliott's program took some phone CALLS i think either earlier this week or late last. WEEK i was listening on the way home from somewhere and lots of people, saying, oh here the readily. Available still you can go online and buy.
Speaker 11: Them it's Taken amazon for two weeks to decide we won't import them Mental australia. Anymore but people are still going to have, them and they're still going to turn, up and you can still buy them for what you want to buy them, for et. Cetera FANTASTIC a lot of calls, Here come and join.
Speaker 1: Them we'll get the calls of just to chick one double three six nine. Three I'm tony. McManus the one and Only Roger sutherland is. Here we catch up With roger every couple of weeks or. So well part Of australia overnight it is THREE A w In, melbourne THE Ace radio network right Throughout victoria and into southern parts Of New South. Wales where else are? We five DOUBLE a In, adelaide six pr In birth And katie In melbourne's on the phone Morning, Katie.
Speaker 20: Hi, tony how how are you, Sorry i'm not saved to ask. THAT i was just ringing about THE d twenty.
Speaker 1: Four now tell us about your, history if, anything how much you can Say i'm not sure ABOUT d twenty.
Speaker 20: Four, WELL i asked the question oddly last, week following on from a conversation About Jared. Kennedy who is the Actually Kennedy Kennedy division? Four, yeah SO i ended up asking the question at work and the answer was that it was named after the.
Speaker 1: Room, Correct, yes can you? Elaborate it was.
Speaker 20: Where it was where those people, worked the first responders to the emergency, calls.
Speaker 11: The very Very victoria will give you the, Prize. Cody there's no price but.
Speaker 1: The price if we have the broaderly Won if if we had a, price we'd give you a.
Speaker 11: Price but CAN i just say Though Victoria police were the first police agency In australia that had wireless, communication had radio communication and it was out Of room twenty Four CORRIDOR d At Russell.
Speaker 1: Street isn't it a great?
Speaker 11: Piece that's why it's known AS d twenty four and still today even though it's no longer.
Speaker 1: There it's still known AS d twenty. Four is it a great piece of V History, pete did you have a similar story along those, lines Ind.
Speaker 21: Albert, YES i did he beat me to?
Speaker 1: It did you Serve? Pete?
Speaker 12: No, no not at.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 21: NO I i THINK i saw it on a probably a documentary ON, tv some. SHOW i, remember just my mind might be playing, tricks BUT i think they showed just a picture of the door AND d twenty four ritten on. It BUT i knew from that.
Speaker 1: Career.
Speaker 21: WELL i believe that it was a room in the Old Russell street police. HEADQUARTERS i don't know what floor that, was but it.
Speaker 11: Was on a mezzanine floor and it faced when The Russell street bomb went. Off of, course all the windows were blown out OF d twenty four as, well and it was the bomb proof curtains that stopped the glass from coming. Through they were still operating during the straight after the bomb there that was, operating but above the door was LITERALLY d two four because it was in CORRIDOR. D of, course the room next to it WAS d twenty, three and the room next it WAS d twenty, two and.
Speaker 1: So on and so. Forth but, yeah it's great. History it is a lovely piece of. History, Ye, peter well, Done thank. You still In Mont Albert's Big Mont, Albert, Albert, Hello Lenny, Ole, Yes, lynn go, ahead, yeah day twenty.
Speaker 22: Four now that that was absolutely. Correct it was main detectives in that area, there and there was also a place In Dawson street with The cooper or the hallway To Carl cars and or NOW i tell things that behind there is where they all of the booze buses and that.
Speaker 1: That, yeah good. On you led some great memories around. That so what's the? Acronym just remind me about C I b Criminal Investigation.
Speaker 11: Branch it ran your, bureau well it went it was bureau went, branch and then it went to C I, u which is Criminal Investigation. UNIT i think that's what it is now C O, u not CO. B, no it's not C ib. Anymore it was such an chondic.
Speaker 1: Turn, absolutely it's been in touch with THE.
Speaker 11: C like the internal investigations has changed names as. Well it was it WAS b eleven WHEN i, started and then it went TO.
Speaker 23: D.
Speaker 11: Eleven then it went to ACRONYM P S c and THEN E S d and it's. Changed someone gets a promotion and gets a medal for.
Speaker 1: It along the. Way an award designed a phone book was, Great jimmy, Morning.
Speaker 24: Good, Morning, Tony, roger.
Speaker 1: Jack we're all. Here what's happening in your?
Speaker 24: World not, much mostly just appointments after appointments all the. Time with J i'm sick.
Speaker 1: Of good on your. Gym what are you going to go through that? Process?
Speaker 24: YEAH i. Do but, anyway good to speak to you, Again, roger and good luck with you speaking with your speaking event about haven't hang up ABOUT d twenty. Four in all your years or a policemen of forty, years you were you based in one or for several police stations and been the policeman for forty. YEARS i suppose you'd still know a lot of policewomen and policemen still working these. Days but the QUESTION i have THAT i mainly rang up for a while. BACK i heard On Jackie felgate's show THAT I E byke had blown up and held the train for a couple of. HOURS i think it was on The Glen waverley line WHEN i used to ride my push bike all over the, place when they used to go far distance as they used to put my bike on and the high buzz guys were, there the guys trying to get their motor bikes on and bikes with petrol, motors and they used to the guys used to why are we allowed? On they, said because of, danger because of. Explosion so now the a knee bike battery is blown. UP e bike's going to soon be banned off trains and they.
Speaker 1: Scooters it's a very good.
Speaker 11: Push it's a great point because there is a. Problem did you say the vision of that ship that was CARRYING i, said ship that was carrying all the electric cars caught.
Speaker 1: Fire oh the and then lost all those, cars about three thousand. Cars, yeah, yeah and they just.
Speaker 11: Had to leave it gone. Out they just had to leave it burn out there because of The, yeah they couldn't do. Anything this is a problem with the electric, cars and obviously with the e bikes it's quite apart from the fact that they're just a death trap with the way they're ridden. AROUND i only got cleaned up by.
Speaker 1: One, well it goes back to, you it goes back to your. Ideas you, said it's not the, guns it's not the. Machetes in this, case it's not the e. Bikes the dickheads that the dicks that actually writhe.
Speaker 11: Them, well if you put a knee bike right, there right, Now i'll guarantee it won't hurt. You if you just put a knee bit right, there just sitting, there it doesn't hurt. You it's whoever gets on and controls, it that's the. Problem that's what needs. Addressing it's like the. Guns it's not the gun because a gun can sit there it will never ever hurt you. Ever but if someone picks it up and they squeeze the, trigger then that's what needs. Addressing you can take guns out of, society you can take machetes out of. Society people are still going to get hold of. Them the problem's got to be addressed at who's holding, it who's holding?
Speaker 1: It except that in america's out of. Control so what's the difference between the standard they take In? America most states in The United states even under their, document under their The, constitution and so that allows for. That and yet In australia we gave back all our. Guns we're not a gun culture for the most, part and we have nowhere near the level of deaths associated with the firearm.
Speaker 11: And the other thing as well As i've always, wondered when was the last time you heard that there was an active shooter at a shopping. Center but some civilian pulled their own gun out and took them out In.
Speaker 1: Australia, no in THE, us how often do you hear? That? Never? NEVER i al say that they have got the right to bear.
Speaker 11: Arms but when was the last time that you heard that there was an active shooter at a shopping center or in a car, park or there was an issue going. On But tony, McManus the civilian pulled his own firearm out and resolved this.
Speaker 1: Issue but it would be certainly somebody who comes into your home and you've got a gun license and your guns in. Storage somebody comes into your. Home hold just stay. There i've got to go down to my. Safe there's a great comedian who did a great sketch on this whose. Name just a schedule come back to, me just a. Tick stay, There i'm going to go get my. Gun don't. Move you race down to the other end of the. House you open your. Safe you remember the code twenty four to THE. R i'll be, there.
Speaker 11: Surely and you remember you can't store your ammunition with your. Firearm that's it a separate p that's in another. One that's but hang on with you on, Gun just hang on with your, assuredly, Yep.
Speaker 1: I'll be with. You it's, bizarre it is.
Speaker 11: Bizarre it is totally bizarre that's here In. Australia but then we talk about in THE us Where i've spoken to people that you, know they're just literally wearing firearms on their, hips like handguns on their. Hips but they're never ever the ones that are resolving these. Issues they're always standing back waiting for the cops to come, in and they're the ones that are having to take control of these.
Speaker 1: Situations why don't we do, This we'll come. Back we'll got To rob In richmond an it as. Well adrian's Are moore income and join us one double three six nine. Three we love acronyms on the, program. Acronyms we're gonna have aho lot of fun with just. Acronyms one, morning one double three six nine. Three it Is Australia. Overnight. Morning Hey robby And, richmond and thank you for being part Of Australia. Overnight I'm tony, McManus rob And Roger sutherland from A Healthy shift is. Here hello to.
Speaker 25: You, Ah, yes good Morning tony and good Morning.
Speaker 1: Roger good, morning Simple.
Speaker 25: Roger fans for your multiple decades of service to the community and respecting that you've been part of the. FORCE i wanted to run a couple of ideas past.
Speaker 23: You sure do you remember the? Game as a child you used to Play?
Speaker 25: Spotto?
Speaker 23: Yes, Yeah well why can't the community get? Involved like the police can publish a list of the stolen cars and what the number plates, are and if we see it outy in front of us and it's a Black audy and the number plate doesn't match THE Vic roads, website then we can give you a call and if that turns into tracking down a stolen, car then you, know the person get a one hundred dollars reward or something like. That get the community, involved because you hear often on the, News, oh that car was stolen In beaumarren back In.
Speaker 1: January it's been driving, around it's been driving. Around.
Speaker 11: Yeah one of the biggest problems that we have is the database of stolen cars has so many car, stolen how many people drive. Around but you know, What tony McManus here is that black billimw and he remembers something about the, regio AND i hear about the White, Audi SO i remember something about the. Regio do you know WHAT i. Mean so you could have a lot of people out. THERE i can tell you where the problem. Lies who you're going to call when you actually see. It you're going to ring triple. Zero and then it becomes a logistical nightmare to try and Get AND i know BECAUSE i did this for twelve. Years it's a logistical nightmare to get a police, unit which we have hardly any of on the road to get to you to where you are with that car driving. Around and don't get me, WRONG i can certainly see people. RING i see, things AND i think there's no point. Ringing no one's going to be able to get to me. Anyway, Now, yeah and this is the problem.
Speaker 1: Because where has that always been the. PROBLEM i don't know that that's a new. Problem it's always been a new problem in terms of how we. Communicate how do we effectively get that instant reaction that we all look forwarden you see something AND i have to talk to you over many many. Times we saw a car race down well you know where we, live race down there very very. Quickly, yep no number plates on the car at the top of the words of Model Mercedes. Benz SO i rang and at least. Reported, NOW i don't have no idea where that, went But i'm not sure anybody would have investigated.
Speaker 11: IT i don't, know it'd be potluck if there's someone in the. Area the other thing, is at least you've rung and reported. IT i think that's important because if that car was to go around the corner and take out.
Speaker 1: Some trial on the, road that's exactly.
Speaker 11: Right tony McManus has seen this card doing warped nine down that particular road at that, time so it adds more evidence and gravity to the incident instead of just, oh this is an unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Event particularly is that no place is usually a.
Speaker 11: Giveaway it's a good, giveaway good give taken off for a.
Speaker 1: Reason it's a great. Point, yeah it's a good, idea Rob thank, You, Hello, annette morning going we.
Speaker 8: Will that's.
Speaker 26: Good CAN i ask your question mate only to the. Policeman WHEN i was the young, GIRL i was firsted and had a foster value to a good job at the. Placement people saw his poor, quoning but they look like, anyway that's not the.
Speaker 1: Point, Well Dave, Sullivan, yeah that's.
Speaker 26: Him the sad part is of your soul for, you, please because which on a criminal goes to. Court what's the good of heaven and jail? Cels you guys are going to be able to work then because thinking it's, like b, well what's the good? Heaven Charles. Mown we won't need them because everybody's there on.
Speaker 11: BAIL i know what The chile cells are being. FOR i know what we'll use the jail cells. For we'll all be in them because we'll feel sofe in the jail.
Speaker 1: Cells they don't suggest, that and thank, YOU i know. What, yeah good on you In. Adelaide Hello, adrian good. Morning Yes, adrian we'll come back to you. Shortly. Maureenes In. Mulahlou do you know Where Mula loou? Is, no tell me? Where, well it's Uh Mula lolou's a beautiful so it's north Of perth And mululoo's very very. Coastal so you've got some beautiful homes right there overlooking The Indian. Ocean The Mululoo hotels been. THERE i reckon probably was renovated maybe ten or twelve years. Ago overlooks some beautiful guards and right across the. Ocean one of the most spectacular views In. Australia, maureene how AM i? Doing not too?
Speaker 12: Bad to good your?
Speaker 15: Voice my opinion of all this goes back to. PARENTING i just see such a difference in the parents of today to how we. Were And i'm in my nineties and my kids and my grandkids to my great. Grandchildren the parents today try and be friends with their children being.
Speaker 1: Parents no consequence is there.
Speaker 15: More, No they're just allowed their little kings and queens And, god, yes all the rest of, it you. Know AND i mean they grow up with nobody can tell me what to, do nobody can touch, me you, know and they just do what they women will, like and parents are trying to be friends with them instead of being parents and disciplining.
Speaker 13: Them we stopped all.
Speaker 15: That we stopped it in the. Schools and the only way you can help a child is to discipline, them and discipline them.
Speaker 1: Hard sometimes spare the rodspoil the.
Speaker 11: Child that's HOW i was Roast. MAREA i couldn't agree more with. YOU i do honestly think that to solve the problems in, society that there's got to be a consequence for the. Action because once there's a, consequence now that's good or. Bad but there's got to be a consequence one way or, another to positively or negatively reinforce the.
Speaker 1: Behavior, Adrian, maureen always good to talk to. You thank, you look after yourself and keep in. Touch don't be a. Stranger adrian In. Adelaide, Hello, sorry.
Speaker 27: Guys i've got caught, nappings Didn't that's, okay touch. It, YEAH i was just ringing up in relation to you're talking ABOUT d twenty four and all that a while. Ago, yes what did what did the K c stare or because WELL i knew it more of had some Little. Victoria, no.
Speaker 11: It, doesn't it's got nothing To it's just a call sign that's allocated by The department Of. Communications, yeah it's original and it stuck. Well In queensland IT'S vk OR r OR G i can't remember, now And New South wales is EITHER vk OR. Vkg so Hearing, victoria our radio operators and our units on the road speaking TO d twenty four will SAY. Vkc and the reason why we used to SAY vkc two AND vkc talking to is because we used to be on A vhf radio and it used to take a little bit of time to ficture. Open, yeah so you'd SAY vkc this Is mulvin three, eleven and but the time the radio had, opened you would Hear malvin three. Eleven and that's why it used to SAY vkc this is or it WAS vkc.
Speaker 1: Two we're back the other side of, This Roger. Sutherland it goes too quick from a healthy. Shift people have a look at the website which is called A Healthy shift dot. Com all one work a healthy shift dot. Com one would on The insta for the cool kids.
Speaker 11: At a underscore healthy underscore. Shift And i've also got the podcast With Shift workers which is A Healthy.
Speaker 1: Shift a healthy shift where you get your. Podcasts always. Goodness we've seen in a couple of. Works you absolutely. Will thank. You Thank you're a good, man the Wonderful Roger sutherland leaving the. Program we got the music quiz that's coming up next to A Stralia.
Speaker 28: Revenue you're listening To Australia Open eyes With tony. McManus thank you To Caroline kats And.
Speaker 1: Barbas thank you for that well. Done thank you To Caroly kats And. Barbas in Our Australia overnight, newsroom we have a little fun here when the news is, on don't We the other side of the glass is the one and Only young And jackson we call him so if you were when you're in through one double three six', nine three that will be the first voice to whom. You speak his Name. Is jackson we call him young because he Is And jackson Young and jackson one double three six. Nine three we've got plenty of room on the board for, this hour nothing and, nothing gain, nothing planned so you can join in anything you want to raise on. The program feel free to have. A yak we'll keep an eye on that cricket score for those that are. Following it australia all out for two hundred. And Twelve south africa this stage one for about fourteen is the. LATEST score i think two. For Nineteen, holy dooley thank you two. For nineteen. Excellent work, thank you lots of texts. Coming through i'm sorry it turned over. The cricket we'll be back in a couple, of, days Brother. Says david thank you keep us up to date them with. A score please do not read on, AIR well, i WON'T. Says. Maxi australia. Thank You mick jagger was also Rock. And Roe mick. Jagger's brother yes. HE was i interviewed him some years Ago in perth and sitting in, the studio and OF course i raised his brother as you have, to do to. SOME degree i would have thought he, wasn't happy he wasn't happy to, discuss IT which i guess he's probably had that all. His life lots of texts, coming through keep them coming zero four double seven six nine three six.' nine three and for those as, sending an email should you choose, to do that you do THAT overnights at threeaw dot. Com dot au so it's OVERNIGHTS at three aw Dot. Com dot au had a lot this week and spent a bit of time AGAIN yesterday replying lb. At pretty, quick in fairness It's not like i'm sending out a ted talk as just replying to as many, emails as possible if not. All of them but you said THAT overnights at threeaw Dot. Com DOT au and i hears some wonderful stories from People all around australia and he touches the heart birthday week this Weekend is The, festival of tony so the celebrations Will start late friday afternoon continue right across the weekend it all, GOES to plan i may not, be back here so it's, one of those could be one of those lost weekends for The Festival of tony. Covin join us plenty of things. On the board i'd written down some notes for those of you that are wandering around aimlessly at this time.
Speaker 13: Of the.
Speaker 1: MORNING feel free I. MENTIONED to dennis i was always taken as a child as if We'd Drive down Warrigal, road in melbourne and, FOR whatever reason, i don't know it was always pointed out that was The very, famous nicholas factory which may or may not mean much to. Some of you to many you would understand That that's where aspro's one of The products was aspro. Produced IN there so i just sort of talk about those medications over the years that we've. All been on, did you know We won't but aspro would, Have been one bex was. The other one do, you remember bes you'd be too young?
Speaker 13: To a.
Speaker 1: General bex was do you Know what a? Vincent's? Powder, Was no no and do you Remember what. A veginon was i've never heard that word.
Speaker 4: In.
Speaker 1: My life vegon i'm sure that was the name of the tablet there came in a little round tube Of, tablets called vegin and another. One was aspro it was sort of, like pain relief right probably how people are. Thinking right now really we need some pain relief. From. This Program McManus beach boys have been. In the News Why have beach boys in the news because they recorded one of their super songs on this day from. Nineteen SIXTY three so i thought we'd have a.
Speaker 12: Bit.
Speaker 1: OF fun name i want you to name what. You would imagine and don't, ever think this, by the way AS soon as I, say beach boys you think? Of which song AS soon As I, say beach boys What's The first beach boys song that comes? Into your mind one double three. SIX nine three i want to talk to, you about it, And because why i'll let you know when you're in through one double. Three nine three the other thing is that started on this day back in nineteen seventy is We. Moved To celsius now i've always said was taken the line that life was pretty good and one of the Great lines From. Deer the departed just, Over Twelve months john blackman would say life was, Always, pretty good? Tony wonn't it so what, do you, Mean, he said well up until, nineteen sixty six we were going along beautifully and then the introduction of decimal currency and things. Seemed to change things, are still changing and then we. Didn't like change after, nineteen sixty six we got the change. After decimal currency four years later we moved to instead of Moving. Away, from celsius sorry We went to. Celsius, from fahrenheit now life was pretty. Good with fahrenheit you knew if we could go for a top temperature at, one hundred degrees we knew it was going to be, one hundred degrees and you knew. What that meant now we got we go for top, of forty two and we have no idea what that means one. Double, three six well certain some of us have no idea. What that means. One double three we liked it when It was. In god's measurements god's measurements is what. We're looking for come. And join us plenty room on. The board now and the other three that i'd written down three programs you, ready for this, Write, Them, Down, neighbors bell bird.
Speaker 27: And.
Speaker 1: Number ninety six what is the one thing you think may have? Had those programs one Thing, In Common neighbors bell bird.
Speaker 27: And.
Speaker 1: Number ninety six think about that for a moment and then join us one double three six x nine three, lean good.
Speaker 29: Morning good Morning Would that beach boys song be, good vibrations?
Speaker 10: Goodbye good vibration.
Speaker 1: No it's not but see that that would be THE one that i instantly think. Of as well i'm with.
Speaker 29: You On, that, THREE yeah oh. I, get around no you can't.
Speaker 1: Have a second guess did? You did you did you? HAVE a favorite I LIKE?
Speaker 30: Sleep john b.
Speaker 1: Did You SAY? See, john b no that's not the one?
Speaker 12: That's, my favorite yeah It is a it is.
Speaker 1: A great song. I agree with it's a fantastic and.
Speaker 29: The common would the common THING with the tv? Programs Be, Grundy.
Speaker 1: Oh no i'm going. To say no i'm going to Say no because i'm not Too sure. That bellbird was i'm not too sure that. Ninety Six was.
Speaker 29: Oh i'm off the game all, night because no.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 1: At all no so THE only reason i mentioned this is because one of The non because, I'LL spoil it i give. Away the ANSWER but The Tv show neighbors bellbird was a much loved show for. A long time THINK. On, the abc yeah and then. Number, ninety six well we all knew where to find number ninety six, in THE day.
Speaker 12: DIDN'T i wasn't i used.
Speaker 29: To pick my head, around THE corner but i wasn't allowed to be a.
Speaker 19: Wait for that we weren't the box and.
Speaker 29: NUMBER ninety six i was going to. Bed eight thirty That was fourteen And why Was.
Speaker 1: Mum and dad a? Ladder watch it.
Speaker 29: But we weren't that's because there were sexual connotations in It with that abigail. And, all That yeah Gay abigail and.
Speaker 19: Joe, hasham all yeah what a show that was.
Speaker 12: At the time it, was very.
Speaker 29: Influential wasn't.
Speaker 10: It it was it WAS not that i got, To, see it, no.
Speaker 1: We didn't but we talked about. It at school and even if we, didn't see it we still talked about. It at school.
Speaker 10: Boys did just, to be one Just, to be yeah.
Speaker 1: The, boys probably did just to be one of. The cool, Kids happy days lely and always good to have you. On the, Program. Thank you Leo. Morning go jurney how? Are You morning?
Speaker 13: Is?
Speaker 1: Latin clear leo?
Speaker 12: Not?
Speaker 1: So loud now have you are you sitting? On your? Telephone hang? On hang, on oh, yeah hang on it's only a live radio Program, across the yeah good as. Gold, sounds good now where are you down in the back. OF the room i had.
Speaker 10: On spear box you're on, the speaker?
Speaker 1: Box?
Speaker 10: Are, You, yeah sorry tony don't APOLOGIZE because when i listened To you and i'll wait.
Speaker 12: You.
Speaker 10: COME on yeah i can't hold the fine very long because my. Home is now. THAT'S all right i put the spear box on. The, knocking here, yeah and hey.
Speaker 12: HEY to you.
Speaker 10: I hate you just, a while ago a. Few minutes ago you make it about. The beach boy what comes?
Speaker 27: To?
Speaker 1: Your mind yeah so What's? The beach boys the first song that comes to your mind From?
Speaker 13: The?
Speaker 10: Beach, Boys, vibration, vibration yeah.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 1: Good. Vibrations GOODBYE yeah can i tell you something About?
Speaker 10: The beach?
Speaker 1: Boys you can.
Speaker 16: What Of?
Speaker 10: The big Boys He.
Speaker 1: Named Brian wilson brian wilson. Was a genius is a genius.
Speaker 10: Right now that this is. A true story he would driving along The, highway in, america somewhere nowhere and he. Was drawing along this guy. Was His Jiking so brian wilson stumped to give m a livid light and he gets, to the cat gets to who it was.
Speaker 1: Who? Was hitch hiking is it somebody THAT you and? I would?
Speaker 10: Know, of COURSE oh and i, think everybody knows don't you don't?
Speaker 1: Don't tell? Us was it so it would Have?
Speaker 10: Been in?
Speaker 1: California Some thinking so i'm thinking it wouldn't have Been. Anybody, like dylan No That.
Speaker 10: Wasn't Bob dimmler and.
Speaker 1: I'll.
Speaker 10: TELL you what i don't give you a clone you. Might get it was?
Speaker 1: It, a singer no he. WAS a nutcase a nutcase that Could be. The american population.
Speaker 10: I'll give you, that a card then you know.
Speaker 1: Who it was he. Was a nurse.
Speaker 10: His First Day, was, charles oh No It.
Speaker 1: Wasn't Charles manson.
Speaker 10: Was you're right don't you hit? Not on head.
Speaker 1: You're kidding Me It. Was charles manson is that? A true story even?
Speaker 10: If IT story don'ty I swear to god if you can look it Up on the Indian head and. I'll tell, you, and so so.
Speaker 1: What's the message that you think we all, learned from that don't pick? A, pitch hikers.
Speaker 10: Well well he didn't know. AT the time i was both times that he. Picked him up YOU know?
Speaker 8: What i mean did You?
Speaker 1: Ever hitch.
Speaker 10: Sorry say they, did tell.
Speaker 1: You did you?
Speaker 31: Ever?
Speaker 10: Hitch, hike oh YEAH but when i hit it was pretty safe back in that like and like six became out about forty and, fifteen at me, cup of guy. LITTLE girl, friend i went we went INTO hitch but i picked up a. FEW, hitchhikers MYSELF ok but i wouldn't.
Speaker 1: DO it nowadays i wouldn't do it nowadays that no way in THE world would.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't even have begot to pick, a lady up, TO be honest i don't.
Speaker 1: Thank you great advice, for the world thank you for that one double three six nine through the idea. OF hitch hiking i mean the bitches People right across australia now that at one point. In Time hitchhiked now i'm, Looking. At you jackson you would never have hitchhiked or, have, you no no tried that because it was just something in your generation you were probably told. Not, to, do yeah. Yeah pretty much so my gen we did a bit of, the hitch hiking and in the very early part of the seventies had a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend who i still talk to on. A regular basis let's Just call her tony with an eye because. That's Her name AND. Tony and I we Were tony and tony for, a Long time AND tony and. I would hitchhike we get the Train, down to frankston but to be able to Get, down to sorrento there was no other form of transport and we had. Very little money nothing, much has changed and, so we jump we jump onto the thing and hitchhike all the Way. Down, to sorrento wow. Just didn't good we just didn't. Tell, our parents yeah and do it on. A regular basis how, many you know HOW many? Different i Reckon probably usually i'm going, to say, two maybe two two or. Three maybe, two you know, somebody, Might say well i'm only going as far As. You know, dramana, you go oh, that'd be great and you Get out of dramana and then get the Road down to surrender or ports or wherever we're heading at, that particular Time, or Tout. Garuk tout garuk have you ever been To? The tu garuk we used to camp at a Place. In tout garuk there was nothing there, in those days so we just sort of pull up A. SLEEP in. Garuk i digress so those of you that have hitchhiked wherever You. Hitchhiked around australia one double three six nine three will take your call, straight after this and we all like a, stress free experience don't we? Look at that the time is moving through A brand. New thursday morning if you'd like, to join us. Jump on board we'll race through some of these calls. And the, Text, tiffy says hello birthday, Tomorrow tomorrow mackey. Yes it is is? It, a, milestone well frankly when you get to a certain, Age every year tiffy. Is a, milestone tiffy, Says this year i'll be. Turning, thirty seven well you've got a bit of a. Headstart on, Me, i'm sorry tom but turn off. To the cricket we'll be back. Very very soon this is a really Interesting. Text from steve, For those waiting i'll come to you in. Just to tea the last time things were as bad As this in Australia Was. The great depression this is A. Text from, steve he says people, working living, homeless start again people working, a living homeless others, Frightened of eviction charity organizations, handing, out food, clothing emergency accommodation. To support families where. Is the responsibility the sad thing is all been deliberately orchestrated by our. Very own government the government has the responsibility to, support the people not follow. A social agenda policies Need. To advance australia so get off your high horse and fix the problems that you, are Responsible. For SAYS steve steve i couldn't really. Agree with that i've, GOT to say i know there's a lot of frustration out there, with the government but we were kidding ourselves if we. Blame the government whilst the government, is not perfect it is the government THAT you. And i elect it's the government that does the job based on those that put their hands up. To be elected they put their hands up and then they become a part. Of the government and so what we've, got To do as i've said before on, this very program we've got to, encourage more, people wonderful people, probably younger people to consider a. Role In, politics but steve FOR you and i to just simply sit back and blame the government really doesn't make a great. Deal, OF sense look i don't dismiss the frustration which we all have from time to time with whether it be, a local council whether it, be state government whether IT. Be the, feds but AGAIN the question i put, Back to you steve and other people who think, along those lines how many of them are actually putting their hands, up, And say well i'll have IT go BECAUSE i reckon i could do. A better job hashtag discussed one double three, six Nine, Three mister, Miagi.
Speaker 19: Good Morning Tony. And action jackson there. Was another medicine i'm not sure that it's still. Around besides asbro do? You remember disproine dispine.
Speaker 1: Was, the other one and it was almost, quite a sweet, sweet little. Tablet wasn't it you put in a glass and you fix it up or just liquid if. You, wanted to.
Speaker 19: Yeah that's right and with the shows, that you mentioned you've got. Number ninety six what were? The OTHER two so i had.
Speaker 1: Two written down neighbors was in, no, particular order neighbors the very popular and beautifully written back, in The day bell bird.
Speaker 27: And.
Speaker 1: Number ninety six what could you possibly imagine they had? IN common neighbors I think bell bird.
Speaker 19: Number ninety six i'm not sure there was the same act, in EACH one but i Think they. All, australian shows well.
Speaker 1: They, were all AUSTRALIAN so so i can put a tick. Next to that you what did you say about the. Actor or actress i'm.
Speaker 19: Not sure there was actor actress in the one of the other, films As well.
Speaker 1: But i'm welcome i'll give. You a clue there was one actor.
Speaker 13: That was in.
Speaker 1: ALL three shows.
Speaker 13: I.
Speaker 19: Was close enough.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure, yeah they were, but that yeah of. Course they were but the the idea that this one person is one actor was in, each of Them Including the great, Number Ninety six Bell. Bird and neighbors he was in. EACH of them i have still think on.
Speaker 19: That, one now yeah and.
Speaker 1: He was much loved for, a long time particularly for His. Role. In neighbors.
Speaker 19: Neighbors, craig wasn't okay, Bye, for now.
Speaker 1: Arthur thank You It wasn't Craig Tony.
Speaker 32: From, Bright morning goods how?
Speaker 1: Are you no sensational? And getting? Better thank you.
Speaker 16: You were talking.
Speaker 32: ABOUT hit sharking i grew UP in bright i used to hear Choked from Bright Over to lake centrance in the.
Speaker 4: Middle of.
Speaker 8: Winter REALLY wow when i.
Speaker 32: Was a fifteen year.
Speaker 5: Old kid and did my dad and, just, go.
Speaker 32: No no no my mom was working, in the hospital. But not shit so she was, she WAS sleeping and i and my dad go TO work and i just he Choked Over at lake center in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of winter i've done in the.
Speaker 32: Middle of window i've done in the.
Speaker 16: Middle.
Speaker 32: Of SUMMER yeah when i, Was, fifteen sixteen yeah.
Speaker 1: And so what was the attraction, that, you thought well this will be a. Really, GOOD idea.
Speaker 16: Well i had, mates over there.
Speaker 1: And so you want to go?
Speaker 13: And?
Speaker 8: See, Them, Yeah correct yeah and.
Speaker 32: It would take me one hour, on the ROAD one, hour I travel and I kind of i was pretty. Good with that people had, picked me UP and if i was one hour, On the road i'd kind of get. One Hour travel so i'd take me sort of eight hours to. Get over There but then i'll call up my, folks, and say well, Guess what not i'm Putting Over in la centris.
Speaker 1: Later or whatever and then when, you got there presumably you had. Somewhere, to, STAY.
Speaker 16: Yeah yeah i.
Speaker 1: Over, There yet yeah so that. Was no drum it was about the idea of that age of being able.
Speaker 4: To.
Speaker 8: Get, There, correct yeah wow did you have.
Speaker 1: Any dodgy people when you? Think, About, it now ah we'll get rid. OF that one i think the answer, Was, if no tony the answer, would be, No thank you, good on you so you wouldn't so you wouldn't. Do, it again.
Speaker 32: Well no one to pick me up now. Fifty years old.
Speaker 1: Well, there's that too, Good, on you. Tony thank you interesting there's the idea of going for a hitchhiker those. Very Young ages and i'm just, trying TO think and i mentioned about doing it before, all those years why, we're doing it because as, DURING the break i, thought, to himself well why? DID we hitchhike i would have, had a license but maybe didn't. Have a car i'm thinking maybe, had the license so may have been EIGHTEEN or was i may have just been, not quite eighteen so didn't. Have a license might have been seventeen and nine months. Something like that so that's why we're hitchhiking to get down to the beach with, again with friends. As you do Pretty much what, potni was saying all you want to do in those days was being catch up with your friends wherever they happened to be, at that stage particularly during the holiday. Period, from school anyway it's. An interesting conversation did you ever hitchhike and wear? One double three, Six, Nine three john good morning To, you may Yes, Johnnyre, You john.
Speaker 12: Yeah i'm good, Hey You, go hi.
Speaker 1: John, good morning no that's not what's. Got in common so when you look at when you look At, The shows neighbors bellbird and, number ninety six there is there is no reference To The. Movie elvin PURPLE oh but i didn't hit charging, the old, Days, YOU didn't?
Speaker 24: No i?
Speaker 27: Did?
Speaker 2: YOU did?
Speaker 16: No i did we Got. The, red ratler yeah That, Would, be surple.
Speaker 5: Uh sitting Bag under.
Speaker 10: The Surpard.
Speaker 16: The talk ki get.
Speaker 1: Down to, talk oh yeah that was.
Speaker 10: Grasped both days then. They drove back and so.
Speaker 1: Would you have a?
Speaker 2: Board?
Speaker 16: With you yeah And The older Tiger Brothers Six.
Speaker 1: Grand tale wow and so people would be still happy to pick her up.
Speaker 19: With the, board oh, yes of course.
Speaker 1: The presumably that after somewhere to stick the board if you're about the expression.
Speaker 19: Comedy or the they picked us up, sad.
Speaker 16: Your CABIN those ones.
Speaker 1: I, Certainly. Do so johnny this is presumably what in, the late say, the early seventies.
Speaker 16: Something, like that oh what, Is early seven so it's probably, seventy.
Speaker 1: Five, something seventy, three seventy four seventy five around that Time during. The, whittler years.
Speaker 16: Yeah so don't you'll be sat.
Speaker 1: On the gunman it's the pastime that, we all? Love isn't it? Good on, You. Thank you johnny you're keeping, you're Keeping well, John.
Speaker 16: Oh sure I've Been. To jackson Jackson.
Speaker 1: You love jackson, Now, your producer jackson the producer is, a great. Boy isn't he. He's just fantasy he's a great mate and he's. Going, along beautifully, yeah it's good. It is Too, we should johnny thank. You for that keep in touch. With the program nice to hear Voice On the australia revenue show one double three Six Nine Three south, africa now three this is the latest we've got from listeners who. Are providing us isn't this fantastic the listeners are providing? Us with scores is That the Latest Young and jackson i've got here three four twenty five according, to my. Sources, that's accurate. Yeah Well done you thank you for who of sending the through seven one three three. Four twenty five will keep you. Up to date, it's game on no. Doubt about That. Young and jackson the other side. Of the glass you and here yesterday Of course because jay was. In the chair, but this, TIME yesterday thereabouts i had. To dump myself, oh really so which is a first in my forty five years of doing this, behind a Microphone first time i've had. To dumb myself and it. WAS just simp i was telling a bit of a story and you know how sometimes you get immersed in a story and you go into a sort of mode of forgetting actually who it is you might. Be talking to you've got a bit carried away with it, with THE theme and i actually blurted out A word that i. Didn't mean to it wasn't, a vile word it's not, a shocking word but it's just probably Not appropriate. For AUSTRALIA overnight and i had.
Speaker 27: To.
Speaker 1: Dump Myself wow and i'm SO proud because, i just think after all these years of, Dumping other people i've, now dubbed myself which means now he is to be dumped by.
Speaker 33: Your.
Speaker 1: Own program fantastic and then we just had to do ANOTHER one because i think in the excitement the caller drops in. The magic word it, doesn't hurt me, don't OFFEND me but i know other people are going to get crossed by that or disappointed and you know it's probably not part of the culture of three. A w either, by the way, HAVING said that i love it when it happens, because you, go oh no we can't let that you, hit that button that very. Important dump button. It's just GREAT involven, And thea morning Anthea, or athena athina what. A beautiful.
Speaker 13: NAME good morning i would like to thank you so VERY much because i had a bit of a difficult time for the pandemic and you have made me go back TO sleep and i never went, on any medications so you. Are MY rock so i think that.
Speaker 1: That's very kind.
Speaker 13: Do appreciate it you're with, me EVERY night and i appreciate.
Speaker 19: That so.
Speaker 13: Much, thank you now do you have a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of a do you have a little bit of a beautiful accent? FROM your childhood.
Speaker 13: I might Have i'm. GREET i'm grit.
Speaker 1: I can hear a little beautiful a beautiful accent that's just a. Tinge of yes thank you so.
Speaker 13: Much for that but thank you for letting me sleep as well and helping me sleep because we're all together, like a family so it.
Speaker 10: Is very.
Speaker 13: BEAUTIFUL thank you i just wanted to know how to let you know and, if, SOMEBODY answered well, I rang before But? Is it tom oliver is a common actor for The three Like neighbors and belburten.
Speaker 10: And the other?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 8: That Correct.
Speaker 1: M g athena i didn't think anybody. Would nail it, Look, at you oliver it.
Speaker 13: Is, SO good yes i Think it is tom and the other, the Other One. The beach Boys Is? It, california girl.
Speaker 1: No It's not having but that was one of, their big. Hits? Wasn't it yes it.
Speaker 10: Was it was.
Speaker 1: You Look At that beach boys and you probably, look at well this whole. Body of work there are so many. Wonderful those songs let me let me TELL you, if I May. About tom oliver he was Actually born in HAMPSHIRE. In the uk he's having a birthday today and. He's eighty Seven, He, played fantastic Yeah He played lou CARPENTER in The, tv soap neighbors and in that show he actually only signed for a three week guest role and stayed for a lot. Longer than that and he'd all had Starring roles In bellbird and, number ninety six LOTS of OTHER tv local tv, programs as well but they're the Three main ones i'm thrilled that. You answered that did you know it or did you just sort of? PUT it together i used to.
Speaker 13: WATCH it when, I was like I Didn't watch THE neighbors because i was too young, to do that but. All the others but then it. Was familiar. Face you know he was very, very well known wasn't he in? ALL the shows i think. IT was amazing i REMEMBER one time i could have watched ninety six and he was just the same person everywhere in every. Sort of, movie he played the same. EVOLVED you know i think very.
Speaker 1: INTERESTED with him i, think THAT'S right and i hope my memory is. Correct about this he was on A cruise that i did on the first many, a year ago it would have been about nineteen seventy nine. Or nineteen eighty worked on the ship and he was part of the entertainment crew as well with, his then wife and they taught me. To, play backgammon wow we used to play backgammon down in.
Speaker 20: The.
Speaker 13: ENTERTAINMENT quarters, fantastic i think instead of bringing us back memories, of our youth It.
Speaker 1: IS wonderful athena i hope, All as well and it's lovely.
Speaker 13: To know that you're there it's lovely to sort of have you there here, where you, Are, stay there okay help a lot of you actually do help a lot of. People WITH this and i just wanted to TELL you that i lost my. MOTHER last year i was away. When it happened she was one hundred and, four years old and she was on THE. News the abc she's got a red blanket in the Museum. Like in carlton. So amazing lady her name, was a study so she was, very very beautiful and she's Always in the greek newspaper and she Was In the herald son as well for many times. For many reasons so there had, so good. Age isn't it she was not. On ANY medication and i also do Remember The esper warrigor road STREET when that espra sign was up there normandis, at the moment and all these other office works and that that's, Where that was so that. Was amazing memories there's a lot of changes we've seen in. This lovely choice it. Was lovely state i'm not very happy the way it is, at the moment but we. Will soldier on.
Speaker 1: Where where did mum and Dad come? To, australia, together yes yes we we.
Speaker 13: All came together my dad went for four Years In The. Second world war he, had a child which she shouldn't have, gone to war and then he came, back from war he had. Another six children we're all born in this Little, house in greece a very. Tiny Little house when i've been back so many, times since then and he decided to bring us All back to australia for a better life for seven, Of the kids mom. And dad nine we're all.
Speaker 17: On one.
Speaker 13: Passport amazing story he's my hero and he was just a legend to think that. It did that and it was very hard, at the beginning and even see it was harder. Than the war but after that we SETTLED down and i think we are very lucky to live in this lovely. Country of ours we've seen. Lots of changes we've seen, the currency exchange we've seen the metrics and the rest. Of the stuff all that's quite, an interesting story. But it is it's our history is And that and melbourne is a beautiful place and we help it gets back again to being beautiful because AT the moment i think we're Suffering, Here. IN melbourney, victoria i think but we will challenge everything it's.
Speaker 1: All a challenge it'll walk out. IN the end i can't tell YOU how. Thrilled i am dave on THE program with i am so.
Speaker 13: Glad to talk to. You as well thank you and you have. A lovely evening thank you for. Helping me. Always, thank You, god bless.
Speaker 1: God bless you Bobby, In, beautiful adelaide, hello? Good morning goodbye?
Speaker 16: Here you Go, Is It?
Speaker 1: Bobby, Barnie, Barnie, Oh, Banny. Bonnie oh bobbie i'm so sorry The great Man young and jackson, Put, up There bobby, and i'm thinking well We've. Got a Babby. Now it's babbie, I'm. So sorry bannie. They'll be meeting.
Speaker 16: I've only been listening to you for twelve months from a five, double a man.
Speaker 1: Good on you well they're a great radio Station, there in adelaide and day.
Speaker 16: They do. It, They're GOOD yeah and i want to talk about hitch.
Speaker 1: On you please d did you do a bit.
Speaker 16: In the day i've, done a bit lost the Job and that dade. Is A six So i said. I'll GO home so i had to go to the three hours North. Of THE adelaide so i got half WAY there and i had to sleep on ME suitcase because i couldn't.
Speaker 1: Get, a ride really where Were you heading barnie Up North?
Speaker 16: For port pirie you Were.
Speaker 1: Going to purry and so you Grew up. In piri there i'll Be a long and what had you, been doing then working or studying whatever You're? Doing? In, adelaide.
Speaker 16: NOW no then i was working at?
Speaker 1: A satury okay and then and, then, you thought no this, Is no good i'll go back and Head. BACK to piri i couldn't. GET a ride i couldn't. GET a ride.
Speaker 16: I figured up you ride. With THE trucks so i got halfway there and had to sleep in the way bridge because there's no doors the way bridge. On, the suitcase wow, long time ago. In the sixties that was.
Speaker 1: In the sixties and you wouldn't have thought anything, about doing it presumably not what age, would you?
Speaker 16: Be buddy on mid mid, THE late, twenties i suppose.
Speaker 1: So, You were okay so it's not like you. Were A, Kid, REALLY no.
Speaker 16: No i didn't. HAVE a car i didn't. Have a LICENSE that's how i used. To get around and then you.
Speaker 1: Went back to and when you Got back to piri after growing up. Presumably in puri then what?
Speaker 19: DID you do i worked In.
Speaker 16: THE smell as i.
Speaker 1: Got, leadwork there, yeah of course. THE famous leadworks i.
Speaker 16: Worked there for. A. LONG time yeah, i prove back saw back and thrill as.
Speaker 4: To.
Speaker 1: Prove it yeah and as we're, talking, to you now Which Part of south Australia? Are you.
Speaker 16: Adelaide You're?
Speaker 1: Back, In adelaide.
Speaker 16: YEAH i'm there i had a bad shott, in nineteen no two thousand, and twenty three got blood on the brain and Bad fools Of.
Speaker 1: Meg and barnie how are? You traveling?
Speaker 16: Now fifty fifty they took me dicens away From me and i'm going to.
Speaker 24: GO for you i.
Speaker 1: GO for. It I do bob francis used to have the go for towards, the end Too The. GREAT bobby francis i used to.
Speaker 16: Live TO him and i don't want. To live now and my wife's in. A nursy host you've been there, for three, Years, Got, dementia oh bernie. SHE can't talk i go visit two or three. Times a week good man sitting there and a. Chat to us ind you, car to car car of car cards, as, he says uh?
Speaker 1: What about children do you have any, family.
Speaker 16: One, daughter one daughter three gad kids.
Speaker 1: And you see them from. Time, to time yeah, Good. On you barnie what. A great story and please. You rang through our thoughts are with you. WITH your wife i have thoughts are with you with you a darling wife going. Through, ye deal now Good. On your barny good. To know you they're keep in touch, many so yeah what a cool, there you go just proving it. Again this program everybody has. A great story let me just. Share with you of course This Is. A tom oliver you had a Little. Scene from NEIGHBORS no wonder i? Feel so, lightheaded, come on hew it is probably because you're just happy About. Staying, in, ramsey no no there's more TO it that i should never, Have Trusted you lou. JUST a minute i am being straight. Up with you and there is no alcohol.
Speaker 3: In that, front, oh yes yes it's the oldest trick.
Speaker 16: IN the book i know that Got to.
Speaker 1: Toe teler toddled.
Speaker 10: Are?
Speaker 1: You seeing it you will think, it's highly, Amusing don't you OUR old relaxed i think, Is SO seriously but i have not. Spiked, the punch honestly there's. No Changing, you you no you're. Not now, Scoundrel oh dear i'd better SIT down before, i fall down and it goes on there it is the, three of them very very funny with they're actually the spiked the punch and. They're having it didn't we have a lovely time the day we spiked the punch And Got, really adrian, james good morning, how are?
Speaker 34: You tony?
Speaker 1: Sensational thank you.
Speaker 34: That's Good luck i'd sonny jumped, IN my car i left MY girlfriend and i had. That great girl was she in milk or was? She somewhere ELSE the one i was, Talking.
Speaker 1: About mother she was just around THE corner In i think i'm going to Say, IN malven.
Speaker 34: Coincidentally i actually mentioned This ON five double a when the. Mother passed away the age of one hundred and four came.
Speaker 35: Back last year well, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's the one and she. Talked, about that yes it was featured on a lot of the PROGRAMS. On the, abc, she said Yeah if.
Speaker 34: IF sassia or I can't say i'm, great speropol sir.
Speaker 1: That's, the, one, yeah.
Speaker 35: Yeah YEAH yeah because i mentioned a lot of, WELL you know i mentioned it a lot of, our old ages like one hundred and fifteen the oldest lady in the world or you know whatever, S, male female, yeah and yeah it's. A.
Speaker 1: Good innings, well you know once you get to uh rickon, with these days if you get lucky to get the other side of fifty, five or sixty you become grateful of. Every. Single day yeah now they her mother.
Speaker 34: Came before me we came, in sixty five so they came a. Year before us and act so you have been.
Speaker 1: Very little When, You, arrived, james yeah.
Speaker 29: Yeah.
Speaker 34: Of course yeah and also came on the same ship which Was, called the bats which Is pat Ri.
Speaker 35: As, In english okay.
Speaker 1: And that was a ship that would have just would have just simply done the run between, in those days Bringing people from greece To. Places.
Speaker 12: Like.
Speaker 34: Australia yeah yeah and then the silly, Thing back then tony is Used to tucking freemantleon used To go Past. Adelaide to melbourne then We came from melbourne tadlaid by train because because they had a harbor terminal back then wasn't big enough deep enough to, accommodate the ships whereas now you can get the biggest ship of the cruise ship in the world and the docks. Out of harvest the obviously they've dredged it and they can, accommodate the. Bigger bigger ones but back then and they didn't, have that facility and so why You go From perth to melbourne and bypass?
Speaker 1: That, Lade, though yeah james how how little would?
Speaker 27: You?
Speaker 34: HAVE been ah i don't want to give, my, eye away BRO that'll GIVE.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't i shouldn't have. Asked for congratulations what. A great call thank, You for that james In the cricket australia all gone for two. Hundred and twelve, Having Said that south africa and now four, for thirty four four FOR. Thirty four carolee we'll have. Updated very Shortly it.
Speaker 4: Is.
Speaker 1: Australia overnight Morning.
Speaker 3: It is Australia overnight with tony McManus.
Speaker 16: Wherever you Are.
Speaker 1: Right around australia we were Talking About the BEACH boys and i just happened to say, to, the audience well did you have a favor when you Think? About beach boys what's the one song that jumps instantly to? Mind, For yous.
Speaker 2: Well i'm not bagging dasl. Off me down i've got. The best settles good sun comes. Up to me you don't even try to Visit Through. The, SANTA wings man i know. She could find she, a littlettle scoop, you don't know just a little new coop.
Speaker 6: With the volint you walk a thunderbird.
Speaker 1: Like you stand i'm still she ordered.
Speaker 2: And, her leave man she's. Drunk in board you just one hundred and forty in the top, end for cheap my.
Speaker 3: Little little skip you don't know.
Speaker 1: What she's got the competitions with the foe, on the floor and she burns like to get.
Speaker 2: Into, the lake bikes frock and it let ain't enough to make you.
Speaker 34: Flip yard lift.
Speaker 2: IT'S one morthing i got the, beach slip daddy and come out off the line in. The lighter street the loads them out of the water like. YOU never see i get through the style of shape and it's.
Speaker 1: Hard, to steer yeah, LADIES and gentlemen i have some. Very SAD news and i don't want to make a light Of this because i'm as shocked and as perplexed as. You might be in, the last hour we were talking about, the beach boys and we were talking About, the BEACH boys And i think i'd asked the song if you can Think Of one, beach boys song what does that? Represent to you and people had a bit of a crack, and, they said well this would. Be the song and there was no particular reason for asking the question in that that particular Song Was Recorded little dooch cooper back in. Nineteen sixty three now this Is scared and i'm upset to even. Think about it but we've just got the Word Through that brian wilson has just not, that long. Ago passed away his children announced the news on The singer's official instagram page, just moments ago along with what appeared to be. A recent, voter they're saying we're heartbroken to announce that, Our Beloved father brian wilson. Has passed away we're at a loss for. Words right now please respect our privacy. Of this, type excuse me please respect our privacy. This time grieving we realize that we are sharing our grief with the world, love and mercy so you can imagine that will be a major yarn for. A long, time the Great The wonderful brian Wilson And. The Beach boys brian Wilson And. The beach boys we'll get an update on that very shortly Or part. Of australia overnight tell you. What It's eerie and i'm SAYING eerie because i think that's probably a first time in my radio time that, we just, coincidentally purely coincidentally We're Talking about beach boys or Songs From. The beach boys and, then moments ago really literally just six or, EIGHT minutes ago i noticed that because we're surrounded here by studios and think by your, cameras and things that is only just passed away at eighty Two Includes, landmark pet Sounds The, album pet sounds often referred to as the greatest. Of All albums pet sounds As An, album brian, wilson, the singer songwriter creative mastermind behind influential pop And Rock Band, the beach boys. Has passed away according. To the family is eighty two goes, on TO say as, i mentioned earlier, heartbroken social media we are a, loss for words asking the privacy and. It goes On after the january twenty four death, Of, his Wife melinda, the wilson family in fact had filed legal Documents To appoint brian wilson's Publicist And manager Jens Silvers, and leanne, hart business manager as co conservatives. Of the Person According TO los. Angeles abc station The fileing quoted wilson's doctors saying that the musician had a major neuro cognitive disorder. Such As dementia noted ledbetter Had essentially been wilson's caregiver, in recent years and it goes on one of the most significant figures in driving pop music acceptance as an art and often hailed as. A CREATIVE genius WHICH i think i used that word in, THE last HOUR i think i said to one. Of The callers brian wilson. Was a genius wrote the music for Nearly All those beach boys, best known songs from their very early surf rock classics really to the more complex recordings of, the mid sixties and that catalog includes enduring hits when you, think About It, Like Surfer, usa surfer girl trying to, think, of, them, fun Fun, fun Get Around Help me render, What A Track, californ your girls and of Course The. Great good vibrations but this one Is Especially. FOR brian wilson.
Speaker 4: I may not, always love you but long as there are stars of love you.
Speaker 2: You, Never, Did you dad i'll make you so. Sure about it.
Speaker 1: God ONLY knows what i believe. With that you.
Speaker 4: If you should, ever believe me You'll like to.
Speaker 2: God believe me the workers show, Nothing to me So what good wood let?
Speaker 11: Me do me.
Speaker 2: God Only knows what i'd. Believe without you god ONLY knows what i believe.
Speaker 16: With that you.
Speaker 2: If you should, ever be me the Life would still, god believe me the world good should not.
Speaker 4: Be to Me it's.
Speaker 2: WHAT god live id ONLY knows.
Speaker 8: What i think.
Speaker 6: God ONLINE knows what. I grieve with John knows what i'd. Be with them GOD knows what, i agree WITH.
Speaker 4: Knows what i, GAVE.
Speaker 1: Was well i promise you it, was pure. Coincidence eerily so in the last hour we were talking About A great beach Boys. Songs given matt it was on this day They Recorded a Surfer Girl And, little deuice coop which is which. Is just fun we're having a bit of. Fun with it in, the last hour and then round about eight or nine past, the hour three so coming up to nine past ONE, IN w a i just saw A Flick saying brian, wilson HAS gone, and, i thought. No that couts surely that's just a mistake and butt of me. On both sides it is absolutely correct being reported now ce and and all the majors and now covering it as the number one story. Around The World The beach boys, brian in particular but certainly the Music Of, the beach boys for those of us of a certain growing up through sixties into the seventies with the great Sounds Of, the beach, boys was unmissionable unmissible given certainly Given the great. AUSTRALIAN beach culture i think it's fair to say that, we adopted it we embraced it in ways that it was probably unexpected, in a sense But very much Leo on, The, Road morning Hello leo.
Speaker 31: Go, TONY speaking yes i was quite amazing, betwich sor yeah yeah it's a.
Speaker 1: Bit, eerie mate.
Speaker 10: Yes but.
Speaker 31: Some time ago you were talking About The Film. The china tembron people don't Realize that the china symp doome happened after the.
Speaker 36: Movie was made.
Speaker 31: What Happened at long island was actually happening after the. Film was made so it's one of the few times we got real life followed art rather than hard. Following.
Speaker 1: Real, life Well china that china student rives is often referred to as almost a fanciful term describing a fictional result of a nuclear meltdown where the reacting components meet sort of melt through. The, containment, structures yes yeah.
Speaker 31: And it almost happened about a year or sometime after the.
Speaker 36: Film, WAS made well i.
Speaker 1: Think the movie was done in. About, seventy nine yes.
Speaker 31: And then straight after they Had Been a, Long Island problem long island that we got a reactor almost, had, A, Meltdown.
Speaker 1: Right okay yes So The three mile island nuclear was that was, in seventy nine and will let me Receive the best it was theatrically released twelve days before that Mile That Three Mile. Island new year you're Absolutely. Right, in pennsylvania yes it.
Speaker 31: Was a good coincidence, for the film but luckily it didn't ACTUALLY happen because i have, been A massive massive we've got five months or many many, years to come just like It. Is in gerobyl the.
Speaker 1: Weird, coincidences like that it's, a bit, Frightening? Isn't it, Leo, IT is yes i mean.
Speaker 31: IT is weird i mean it's just thinking things that makes.
Speaker 1: H, as, they say well they do for those of us of a certain demographic and age where, you, think about well we've Already. Lost to george We've. Already lost john you've got to look at and just feel That People, like Mick jagger Certainly paul and ringo. We love him we've grown, Up with him they've Been part of we've not known. Life, Without them correct it's going to be dreadful If, and when lea are you? Looking at yourself thank, You for, That vern, Morning.
Speaker 30: Good morning tony one of the full selection that you've Played gorgeous that, god, Only knows yes but, on a well the thing is the the people that we used to listen to, some time ago that. Are all classics the unfortunately we all fall off a. Perch at, sometime BUT anyway what i want To. Tell you tony on, My leader board i've got four contented contenders and you are running. In number three At the moment i've.
Speaker 1: Fallen way behind can We do the can We Do The vern? Announcer? Quiz tomorrow vern do you mind if we put it? Off until tomorrow no.
Speaker 19: Problem at all i'm just.
Speaker 1: Given the given i'm sort of a bit, shaken by it, to be honest given the loss of the great Man From The Beach boys brian wilson at EIGHTY two and i think it's fair to say he had been unwell, for some time which will be the stories, will be told certainly for the Next, twenty four jimmy now you would, have great memories of Course Of the beach.
Speaker 24: Boys as, well of course one of my most favorite bends on several. Of THEIR albums do i, remember right On remember When Simon or kevin Tresk Saying that glenn campbell played with them on the guitar and also did know a SLOWER song that I love that i used to listen to on the, train to know called the slow Song Called.
Speaker 1: In My Room in. My room's gorgeous so we might say we can feature. That very surely. But You're right glenn campbell was even occasionally we referred to as. A beach, boy he played as he, did on many many albums and many people's singles for a long time before he was actually recognized in.
Speaker 24: His, own right, Okay, Thank you tony i'll ring you tomorrow.
Speaker 12: For your birthday good.
Speaker 1: ON your mate i think he was also known as Part Of. The wrecking crew we, will do. THIS we might i think we might in Fact skip the i'm not the Mood For the chicken man if, you don't mind can? We, drop this no that's we. Can do that can't We Drop the chicken? Man this morning it just doesn't feel quite appropriate to play the chicken man. At this time we'll take some more, calls very shortly, one, double three six. Nine to three we Might Go. To wenda brady that. Will be next We'll. Talk to david we have a Quick word With david in israel just before We. Go to winder David's. There in ISRAEL you and i would have grown up Listening To. The beach boys.
Speaker 13: We.
Speaker 14: LOVED them david i remember seeing, many years ago ten Years ago in australia at THE ball when i might all thrug. With My daughter The love and mercy Movie Was about Brian Wilson with Paul Dano. And john cusack that these two actors proclaime as the younger person as. The older person it was a very very interesting movie at a. Very DISTURBED life and i think people generinely like him and tried.
Speaker 1: To help him, Yeah, they, Did YEAH yeah AND i think i think during that time there was a time where people of that were pretty much surrounded by people who were, just going, to you know. Force feed them if they if they felt were so so so inclined, to do so and clearly it, had DAMAGED him which i think has been well. And, truly documented.
Speaker 14: Yeah it's, worth thinking, drugs. You know drugs if you've, not seen it it's Worth, Seeing this Love love and mercy movie. In, twenty fourteen yeah it's quite.
Speaker 1: What's, It called Again love And, Love and Mercy. Love and mercy i'll have a. Search for it Good. And your, david Thank. You dear tony i'm so sorry to hear you read and tell, us all about respectfully the Passing And. Mister brian wilson may he. Rest in, peace like many we all grew up listening to some Of Those great. Beach boys Tunes end of brady will join us. The other side he might have some thoughts and views on what it meant to him growing UP. IN the uk i think it was A Global Phenomen the beach boys were everywhere, during that time sixty seventies and. Into, the eighties anyway we'll. Do that Next ind of Brady Part Of australia overnight.
Speaker 35: Garlic Through the, borough it Towns, the Wars nicklair A battle tom Down on the garlic to.
Speaker 3: The, under world.
Speaker 1: Yep we catch up With end of Brady In the united Kingdom, on day tuesday Yesterday. It was wednesday we spoke to him yesterday and he's been gracious enough to join This. Again on thursday would, you'd be, familiar of course With The great brian Wilson And. The beach, Boys, co incidentally inda we happened to be talking about him in, the last air having a bit of Fun With some, beach boys music and the news came through just ten pasts, of the air or near not to ten pasts. Of the air he's only, Just Passed away brian Wilson From. The, Beach. Boys morning tony do?
Speaker 37: You know what it's QUITE coincidence because i, was FLYING back as i, told You yesterday FROM peru and i Had With me elton john's amazing New, autobiography called me and he was talking about how crazy life was in the seventies and he said Out with the blue just as he was Getting. Famous in america he was invited for A Coffee at brian Wilson's house In california and elton rocked. Up by himself the door Was Opened. By brian wilson his, family were inside, And He, said brian wilson the song that was in the charts at the time, was Your Song which bernie taupin had just Finished Writing. With Elton john and elton said in the book that he, opened the door knocked on the door and, it Was Opened and brian wilson opens the door and, HE kept singing i hope. YOU don't mind i hope you DON'T mind that i put. Down in words And he brought elton into his to meet his family, and he said look. Who it is it's the man who. Wrote Your Song and elton john in the book says it was quite a surreal experience to meet someone that he had idolized for his music And To have Brian wilson singing elton's music back at him in front, of his kids who.
Speaker 1: Look quite amused isn't that? A great story in? That wonderful well you know those. SORT of people i probably they went through a very difficult time. In The sixties and elton has been well and truly documented of his having, medication drug issues which presume is. In this book is it? A? Good, rate sofer.
Speaker 37: ABSOLUTELY rip roaring i. RACED through it i was cherishing every chapter if you see it a if you're looking for a, good holiday read. It's called me and he. Holds no punches he, Pulls no punches and there's loads of tittle. Tattle. In there people he's fallen, out with people he's fallen back. In with another just a little. Anecdote, for halftime tony he had a dinner, party One Night and Elton John, being elton john he was able To Bring up princess diana and she. Came for dinner then He Rang up richard gear and he, come for dinner and who rocks, Up As, Well sylvester stallone and they're all having. A nice Time and then diana is relaxing in front of the fireplace and the fire and just kind, of chilling Out and Then Elton sees richard gear making a beeline for her and. Chatting her up and, then he said about half, an hour, Later His husband david furnish arrives back at the table of, whispered to him we've. Got A situation, and elton said? What's the Situation And apparently sylvester stallone was Extremely Jealous of richard Gear, chatting up diana and it almost ended in blows between the two men before stallone stumped off with, THE immortal words i wouldn't Have come if i'd known You'd Invited, effing prince charming which was how He Referred to richard gear who was Trying to. Steal diana's attention it's, A.
Speaker 1: Great story i'll tell you it's not such. A great story let's go to The. North of ireland the big call for Backup now that i've had a fair, bit of rodney a couple of k nots of Rioting. In, northern ireland.
Speaker 37: Yeah this is very serious now and the police have actually asked For Reinforcements from police scotland. To come over so eighty officers are transferring right Now to The north of Ireland, town called ballymena and waitely hear. What has happened so a teenage girl was allegedly the victim of a sexual assault. Earlier this week now two fourteen year old. Boys were arrested, they've been charged they've appear before the local court and the case will go. Through the courts now the boys Spoke through, a romanian interpreter so Clearly they're not irish and they're not. From the area and. What's been happening is a lot of violence against migrants, in the town a, lot of racism a lot. Of racist abuse people have taken. To the streets property, has been damaged houses, have been damaged and then they've turned their attention on THE Police Force Psni Police. Service northern ireland thirty two officers injured two nights of Rioting And The, assistant chief constable basically one of the top Coups in The. North of ireland he has come out today and said do, not riot tonight do not. Risk your, future he said you will end, up being prosecuted you could. Go to jail so it's got really really out, of hand there and all of these kind of community tensions stoked because of an alleged sexual assault on a young.
Speaker 1: Girl This week ge island's. Got some issues we'll do that another day and talk about. Some of them illegal asylum seekers to about fifteen thousand a year, for the year and that's, just, a date yes so we're not Even.
Speaker 37: Halfway through june The end of june obviously will mark the halfway point. Of the year and we're told today that the number of illegal asylum seekers Coming across from france and, these little, dinghies massively, overcrowded extremely dangerous, risking their lives has reached fifteen thousand for the year. As of now now that's a town that's a new town every six months of. People popping up it's costing About eight million australian dollars a day in the hotel accommodation, for these people and clearly that can't. Go on now the government has in the past couple of hours announced plans to stop hotel accommodation for these asylum seekers by, twenty twenty nine so they're giving themselves a four year wind to get. THIS under, control i mean it is one really serious issue here that. Riled people up a lot of taxpayers cash people feel. Is being wasted And the footage i've seen today on all The news channels french police, on the beaches these dinghies being pushed, out the sea people clambering on board and no. Cops intervening Whatsoever so the french, are quite, clear you know it seems to be from the Top. Down in france. Let them off we don't want them here and if they're happy to Sail, across to England it's. The, english problem Well.
Speaker 1: Speaking of england what's Going with the? ENGLAND footage team olsn so a bad, night, last night really.
Speaker 37: So it finished we're obviously seeing. The great news, australia qualified automatically no more playoffs or any of that stress. To go through england played a friendly Last night at wembley and honestly the players looked like they were on, the beach already or certainly they. Wanted to Be england, Won senegal three england's first ever Defeat to an african nation, ever in history, only a friendly but they've had a. Really bad week They went to andorra last weekend To Play a, world cup Qualifier and and dora if you can't find it, on the map there's a. Very good reason it's basically a ski resort Wedged in Between. France and spain how they can field eleven international soccer players is. Beyond My comprehension and England only beat andorra one nil and then go well last night and lose three To. One to senegal so the newspapers have turned. On the team the back pages are all Turning on the German manager, Of England. Now thomas tukele and we are twelve months out From A soccer World cup.
Speaker 17: And england look.
Speaker 37: In complete disarray THE only thing, I would say tony. In their favor it's been a hell of a long season and these players are pushed from pillar to polls, On Club, Matches Premier, League Champions, league oh england, need you internationals friendlies and clearly a lot of the wives and family are in the background saying can we not Just go to spain and?
Speaker 12: Have?
Speaker 1: A holiday, holiday holiday mate lovely to. Talk to you do it. Again next Week Thank you ender brady bringing us up to date there. In my room we'll do that as we go Out to the sierra if you haven't caught up, with the news and we'll talk more about this in the next. Hour as Well The, great Brian wilson, beach boy extraordinary passed away just in, the last hour.
Speaker 2: Right my, in my.
Speaker 4: In, my.
Speaker 18: My estee.
Speaker 13: Do my.
Speaker 2: La still.
Speaker 14: Still again.
Speaker 1: In wonderful to have your company on this, Very, sad day Thursday twelfth of june. Twenty twenty five in the hour between, two and three we are having a fair bit of fun Talking About, the BEACH boys, and, i said well what are the great songs that you've known and loved and that what's the one that instantly. Jumps to mind, and then shockingly just after the news at three, o'clock this hour we got The News that brian wilson. Has passed away we'll talk more about that in. The next hour australia, E an ark, good morning.
Speaker 3: Now This Is australia Open eyes. With tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Wherever you are and you're waking up for the first time on This Brand. New thursday morning sad, news of course as you would have Heard There with Carole. Kats and barnas breaking news was That The great brian wilson. Has passed away i'm getting lots of. Text about that one of the pillars of sixties pop music are resting rock, and Royal. Peace says bryant thank. You for that back, In, the day tony when music was, played the supermarkets it was up, to THE manager and i had a manager in those days With A huge beach boys fan and working on weekends as a, fifteen year old he would play them every single weekend. IN the supermarket i started not, liking the music but ended up, appreciating very much knowing the words for each and Every song from. Brian in stir is it, Good? On you. Brian thank you another one says The Passing of brian wilson as impactful as the day it Was announced that elvis had gone in. Many, many ways YES and curiously i heard The. NEWS about elvis i think must have been Listening To the, burton newton program the OLD three u z back in The day when burton made that. VERY same announcement i guess, there are similarities different eras, to some degree but certainly similarities, What You're experiencing tony mack and what many others will Go Through to brian wilson listening, to the music, you remember, people the. PLACES the songs, a close. Friend quite understandable it must be very sad for people like yourself that have spent a lifetime playing music on the radio. Over The years, brian wilson's songs how many would you have played? Over the, years never met never had the, Opportunity of, Interviewing, thank you maxy but certainly over the years would have played at four point, eight million times various as we did, in the day particularly, during summer Months Curiously playing Beach boys songs julie and good morning.
Speaker 16: To you morning so we were down at an Op shop in ashburton. The other day was a lady working one, of the shops and. There's a volunteer she remembers it. Was a cinema it Was.
Speaker 1: Called the civic, that's The, one the civic THAT'S the name i. Was looking for it Was. Called the civic it was well and truly gone by the time, we Were there but mum would often Talk about the, civic being there which must have been immediately during the, war post.
Speaker 16: War that's right but she has no remembers obas Cinema Called. The regal heartweld.
Speaker 1: No that you thought it Was called The Regal. In heartwell well but right next.
Speaker 16: Of the station there's not much left To your. Old heartwell anymore, it's pretty. Derelict isn't it wasn't.
Speaker 1: There A big mercedes benz dealers Down there in heartwell.
Speaker 16: Caught have ben she did have memory of those built of burwood in, nineteen FIFTY three which i Think were.
Speaker 8: The Hoots.
Speaker 1: Maybe and i'm Just Thinking that. Mercedes benz dealership somebody confirm or deny Was that the Was it called Smart Smat. THE smart family.
Speaker 16: I don't know i'm not an. Expert on motoring.
Speaker 1: Somebody will tell us down there right at That. INTERSECTION in, HARDWELL i reckon i.
Speaker 16: Do remember The Original river Ley theater in campberwell, on the, junction of course by fire in nineteen forty and it was rebuilt on. The current side and also the old two Story To, Tier hoytz Broadway cooks And Street. And burke road, that's long gone.
Speaker 1: Gone well and truly now we went.
Speaker 16: Over seas in nineteen. Seventy seventy, one we landed we Were Through An EAST african airlines vc ten hit and We Landed in camp parlor and then we went and had the. Most brilliant sunset we flew over to see My. Family in nairobi that came over the news just after we Left that idi amin. Had taken over and do you remember there was a pop Song band in uganda of course that was Played on the melbourne radio went on and. On every Day edy im in the most amazing man that he.
Speaker 1: Was a massive hit and got. LOTS of, playlist i reckon it'll be. In our system amazing it. Just simply Amazing edi edy in most amazing man, you've ever. Seen was massive?
Speaker 16: You know that did you know He warned the british people he was on his way To see the queen that had a big military Curfew, at Teeth row. Expecting i'm, in in fact he never. Left the country oh?
Speaker 1: IS that right i. Didn't know that that's part.
Speaker 27: Of.
Speaker 1: The story now the.
Speaker 16: People, that livedian ashburton of course is. Not old enough her grandparents might Remember The. Old outer circle somebody wrote a book on the old train that went from The q, buland campbell area ran Right Down to ala main.
Speaker 1: And Further To, east Smallman Elamy.
Speaker 16: The outer circle it's an old seam train went about, nineteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Six a long time BEFORE you and, i were around even before.
Speaker 16: Hours round going back Down down to hampton though There was. A hoyt theater i think it's, now the Supermarket the save way or warm supermarket in the main Street With The. Hoyts southern hampton is that? Ring a bell maybe? With local people it.
Speaker 1: May well we'll. Get some calls somebody will. Let us know we had Friends.
Speaker 16: There at sandrackham julie and her family their Longtime. Residents of sandrackham They remember the roxy cinema and The. Driving At sandringham The roxy at sandringham also remember about nineteen fifty six somebody confirmed it that when they ripped up the train tracks because it was a tram That went To bomorros from sandringham tramway buff said it was not a bus operated. By the railway was operated.
Speaker 1: By the railways what's the most famous Property Around That beau morris sandras Certainly The bou. Morris sandringham area most famous Property from the i'm going to, SAY the seventies i can't remember who do you?
Speaker 16: Think it.
Speaker 1: Was it was just this quite a nebulous home where a very very famous lead character from a film you lived to carry on HIS how do? I put this His So called elvin purple Antics who Al?
Speaker 16: Fanino the Great.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 16: Not graham, blundell Good.
Speaker 1: Morning mister Finney it's where. Graham bundles starting it was a home that was used in that area to, film the movie.
Speaker 16: Didn't he think?
Speaker 1: He may have and We were.
Speaker 16: In carnegie yesterday now a lot of people Who live in carnegie have No idea that carnegie was Once. Called ross, town of course you Got The ross town hotel and There Was a lost town railway that WENT right across I believe Connected, elson with Carnegie. Then ross town there's still some remnants of the old lost town still there is that right well that the area that street has. Changed So, much knang road a, lot of, restaurants all restaurants all the.
Speaker 1: Banks, have gone yeah there's a lot of there was a. Lot of banks and there's some factory down. Through, there too yes so.
Speaker 16: Now million dollars do you know who?
Speaker 2: Would?
Speaker 16: Have thought yeah so there was a Hot theater at carnegie, under the railway, the railway line and it was the old one Of the early. Holtz to close it became a printing press. FOR many years i think that would have been about nineteen fifty eight or Fifty nine that. Howtzkneggie closed down.
Speaker 1: There's one of those great shops around there is called it's, a FORMER bank And i think i've spoken. About it before it's a former bank and they've turned it and it's been there for some years now and it's a steak place and they Call It, the steak bank? Do they really and it's, just fantastic, food just good wonderful steak and gorgeous company and. Great Wine list now hoyts.
Speaker 16: HAD two interests i might go. There one day houts. Had Two theaters houtz theater that was there and the building still There Is a limb kraft shop on The Corner Of. Wattle cree row. Yes he Rode there's a rasputant restaurant on the corner still Got the sign victory that closed in. Nineteen fifty five and the other theater was the one on The Corner. Of dandong road That's The Old hoys. New mall route so.
Speaker 1: That was Right Down, near danddong. Road was it?
Speaker 16: That's right now there Was the old metro you remember The Yes now nando's chickens and in the arcade where there's the Locksmith, Was, at civilly.
Speaker 1: Everywether just everywhere weren't?
Speaker 16: They just fantastic you remember that there was a theater Restaurant. Called the tivioli that was the name, of THE man the tv man who ran that. For many Years It's. Now tobin brothers Uh The, Rope, terry, Gill Oh yes terry.
Speaker 1: Gill Of course now i've got a little note here for YOU just before i. Let you go ashburton has the shortest Named. Street in melbourne what would? You Imagine It? Maybe, main street No It's. Not main street so according to this text ending in, ZERO double five i. KNOW the street i didn't know because it's the name. Of the street it's Simply Known As, why why street Just The Letter? Why Why. Street thanks, ian that's interesting? Isn't that funny the shortest Name Street in melbourne why Just The. LETTER why street i.
Speaker 16: Could think of a couple. OF other street i believe there's. One Of Them when donald bradman Was Born In, new south wales there's A Street Called. Bong bong street?
Speaker 1: Is, THAT correct no. I don't know i have to check. On that one that's, very funny. Though thank you julian's always. Good to check We'll Go To Pete ian vic pape will, do that next and we'll go to. You as well come and join us one double three Six nine three on this morning when we Lost The, great brian wilson leader of great leadership and pretty much the beach boy in. So many ways it's a bit of. A sad morning we'll talk more about that. As we go it. Is Austraighter Overnight. I'm tony mack good. Morning to you great to have your company this morning wherever you Are, right around australia and nice to, talk to you. Jump on board if anything you'd like to add, To the program you're. More than welcome if you want, to question anything feel free. To do that happy to be questioned or provide answers. Where we can Breaking news overnight pendagon launching a Review into. The orchestra deal that'll be. Your talking, point sadly overnight just a couple, of hours ago the News Came, through brian, wilson co, creator co founder one of The great beach boy. Has passed away at. Eighty Two cricket the Aussies Blow away south african certainly. The top order it's a nine. Wicket Final session donald TRUMP also says us will get Rare earths from china under a so. Curled new deal and the other yard watch out For a popular ossie sunscreen FAILS to meet spf claims. On the label so some of those stories that will be talked about as we go through. The day together Pete From, Vic Park.
Speaker 19: Morning shalom.
Speaker 1: ANTONIO pretty good I cannot complain i got, to tell you but thank.
Speaker 12: You, for asking well you've got a good name my, grandfather and yeah how's?
Speaker 1: Age girl going my two beautiful. Three beautiful granddaughters two. Daughters are good three granddaughters and two daughters are going, along really well as spoke to number, one daughter yesterday and all is well in. Their remarkable world.
Speaker 12: Oh well You irish and italian at the top, of the.
Speaker 1: Market isn't it and they're coming over and they're coming over and we're going to the footy Together in later what are We, now in? June? AREN'T we so i think it's early In. Early in july we're going To. The footy melbourne.
Speaker 16: And my brother in law is A.
Speaker 12: Very, for carter well.
Speaker 1: There you go that's a useless, piece of information but thank you.
Speaker 12: For sharing it he was going to. Hit me once he was going to hit me once in the finish. In, THE wheelchair no i.
Speaker 1: Don't say that i'll bet that. Wasn't the. Case he is he.
Speaker 12: Jumped the horse you know they really not. Not the horse there's one in the.
Speaker 13: In.
Speaker 12: The room yeah, and they finished and you, had, TELLING you uh i want if any change would play me this beautiful song with a, Piano a Cordium, Foster.
Speaker 1: And Allen, foster and allen, which particular track.
Speaker 12: Any anything anything, with, a piano chordio.
Speaker 1: Anything with the Piano.
Speaker 12: Accordion FEATURING foster now i HAD called him i GOT nothing when i got the rest in THE park and? I got nothing?
Speaker 1: What were you just remind me what you? WERE arrested?
Speaker 37: For? A?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 12: Family family family what About the name thomas and Her sister named? Gloria taken over They don't respect God's law and God The helpers And i'm like daniel the line or don't? Give, in justice well.
Speaker 1: There are some things over which you can, have some control and there are many things that we don't have. Any. Control, of, pete.
Speaker 16: Oh well the?
Speaker 12: Christian ever control? Because because security.
Speaker 1: Will? WE say that i just, Hope. You're right pete, i'm away right.
Speaker 35: Not.
Speaker 1: Necessarily always right we just hope that.
Speaker 12: You, Are right no i've got a bag and shoulder with the, best Part left but I'm right in so What?
Speaker 1: About the pete what do you say to the millions and millions and millions and millions of people that over the years don't necessarily support? Your religious views they have they got, it all. WRONG immediately wrong i.
Speaker 12: Haven't GOT a religious, I be religious I. Got, christ christian yeah.
Speaker 1: But what about the millions of people that don't hold that in.
Speaker 12: Any high record they've got to come. To the, Right THEY'VE forgiven but I don't know jesus and other son.
Speaker 1: And, or.
Speaker 12: Spirit yeah forgiven but, our old children Old.
Speaker 1: Children of god but what, if they said look at why don't you come over and, read that book have a look at. THAT good book.
Speaker 12: I only Looked At. THE holy bible i.
Speaker 1: Can't, READ it, yeah, i know yeah But there are my point about that is when we talk, about RELIGIOUS issues and i understand many of us were Grown up, in Christian families so i'm not dismissing that. In, any WAY however, intellectually i say, do we, then by definition dismiss? ANYBODY else's view, i, Would, say no no it's.
Speaker 12: A good view There's. Only one god we All come From. Adam and eve and look what's happened for the history Of of, the JEWISH people which. I Love, them number one when you're going to Go, back To, venus.
Speaker 1: To, Venice yeah well i'm. Glad you've asked i'd love to go back and visit that part. Of the world i've been reading a fair, bit about it.
Speaker 10: And for a.
Speaker 1: Range of reasons one of them is that they have some. Fantastic watch Shops. Now IN venice so i thought, i'd do that, but you're right it's certainly. On THE agenda do i have a plan to do? That, this year no that may be another. Couple of years pete in retire Now.
Speaker 12: Listen, in venice yeah we go back to banners.
Speaker 1: At, my niece yeah she's a. LAWYER to there i may need SOME help when, I, get there pete.
Speaker 12: And she will give you a Whiskey and then i'll send on the other Side where the. Jewish aather m i'll give you a. Bottle of whisky.
Speaker 1: That'd be good it would. Be pretty convivial and if you, don't get that you again doing a bit of.
Speaker 12: DAILY water day i love.
Speaker 1: It the PIDs you've set it up. Beautifully for Me. Thank you kel good, morning to. You Mister, McManus sensational kell yourself not.
Speaker 24: Too.
Speaker 38: BAD mate listen i live up AND picked and i speak to every now AND then and i send you out.
Speaker 1: The odd text good, on your mate. Appreciate that too, AND just quickly.
Speaker 38: I think you Still should give MARK that sixty k. He's, looking for.
Speaker 1: Sorry say that one more time about the k's HOW many keys i.
Speaker 38: Think you Need to send mark the sixty thousand dollars. He's, looking for yeah.
Speaker 1: SIXTY five thousand i think he said sixty five. Thousand he wanted so.
Speaker 38: You've got it in your back pocket. AT the moment, I.
Speaker 1: Mean yeah i mean if he wanted to, help him out there would be uh that we have to. BE interest paid.
Speaker 16: I thought it.
Speaker 38: Was, a gift.
Speaker 1: Yeah well negotiable there's got to be to be some sort, of you know. Effort, to repay.
Speaker 38: Well we'll give, you the room the front. Room Every, year the yeah that's.
Speaker 1: What He said so i'm going. To fork out that. WAS funny yesterday i think. You said that i'm going to fork out sixty five, thousand for him and the best he's going to do for me is give him a room for two nights during. The stall, gift. That's correct EXCELLENT the reason i read the world's. Most expensive ROOM.
Speaker 38: The reason i call My Friend is bongbong street is the Main, street of, barrel ah right and every year up here at just south of Sorry, east of Barrel There's The, bong bong races which are well known for their horse race.
Speaker 1: Once a year We Love. Those Bombong Races and.
Speaker 38: Don bradman Then Same As. Surians, andy MacManus.
Speaker 1: Yeah he.
Speaker 37: Grew Up.
Speaker 38: In shepherd street his old house just went, up for sale which had been completely looked after, over the years went up for sale about two years two, and a half. THREE years ago i actually went for a bit of a walk, through and Yeah So the bongbong. Street's main street but he Grew Up, in Shepherd Street.
Speaker 1: In shepherd street and so is somebody in, That, home.
Speaker 38: Now yeah somebody's lived in it. The entire time but, maybe YOU know well i in some, major three works but it's been LOOKED after for i think THE last guy i owned it for people owned it for twenty odd. YEARS or something i.
Speaker 1: Wonder if it's listed or the possibility, of being, listed you. KNOW heritage listed i.
Speaker 38: COULDN'T tell you I can't recall i would have known it AT time when i had a bit of a wander through FOR an open i just wanted WHAT the hell i lived about, twenty minutes away twenty five just.
Speaker 1: Turn the road for how Many Years did sir? DON live there i can't, Tell, you honestly yeah but it was it was known that he was there for a.
Speaker 38: PERIOD of time i think it's even Its, mis the Internet you'll doctor google or whatever you want. To call him you'll see. That, his house well if you Just Searched the john, Bradman's barrel home i'm sure it would come up in. All, the details yeah Good.
Speaker 1: On you kell everything happy? On your world.
Speaker 38: AS good as.
Speaker 1: I can be what you've, Been, talking here kel another very happy chap year ending in six three seven has just taxed, through, And Said well Tony. Mackia and kel the Mere fact that justin is now going. TO fork over i think we got up to four hundred and. Fifty thousand dollars yesterday we had a donation from one of our regular contributors who Now, Lives in Frankston, justin in frankston and he's going to donate four hundred and fifty thousand dollars so we could Help. Out young mark there install?
Speaker 38: A super sportsman is that the? Guy we're talking.
Speaker 1: That's, the one. Yeah super sportsman he's been on contract With. The with brisbane he's been he's in a massive contract and he's going to lend. US in money i know socond us and played A Bit in new zealand. FOR a while i mean everywhere Is, everywhere.
Speaker 13: Chicken Well.
Speaker 1: The chickenman kel well? Don't you thanks twenty eight minutes away, from the air it is, astray you revenart. Good morning love that tune's beautiful if you would like to be, part of it one double three six nine three for those, that are waiting will come to you in just to tick out one of the great stories in the. Pay of today and we love a. Good news story just. Two years ago it's A Piece by vanessa marsh In. The h sun, Two years AGO johnny firthe i write. That Name down johnny furfey was finishing High, school in melbourne dreaming of a career as a. Professional basketball player now we've. All done That, but today johnny he's three games away FROM winning. An nba championship if you don't mind what. A great yard twenty year old has had a fairy tale rookie Year With. The indiana pacers as the team vies to win its FIRST n, be a title is, quoted as saying it's a. Very exciting. TIME it's unreal i don't really understand you how, significant it is especially happening in. My rookie year so you can imagine we're all very joyous And. HAPPY for johnny i hope it, Goes. Really well johnny and there's a lovely photo of him in His, outfit for indiana and then there's an early shot of him as a real youngster when he Was playing for collingwood As. Junior in melbourne what a great. Story That Is, Fantastic Ardie.
Speaker 19: Morning Good morning Tony Mack. And action jackson Very Sad about brian Wilson with the beach Really All.
Speaker 1: About brian wilson they're given that we were. JUST purely coincidentally i think it's one of the first times on This program that i've Talked About, the beach boys. And purely coincidentally we're doing lots of calls and memories to people Talking About. The beach boys and then soon after the news at three, o'clock this morning It Flashed up brian wilson. Dies, EIGHTY four yeah.
Speaker 24: I know you did it.
Speaker 19: BY cono incident i was going to say GOOD vibrations and i Get around which lee and she's got GOOD taste because i used, to do venue the, VENUE and, AROUND i said i used to.
Speaker 1: Play the matter as soon as you put those if you've put anything like good vibrations or anything that, really moved people regardless. Of the demographic it would get people up on.
Speaker 19: The, dance floor oh it's. A happy, Tune, i was yeah and you know you're talking about the basketball do You know. Carrying abdill, jubberies.
Speaker 1: He's very very. Very, clever performer yeah and he.
Speaker 19: Was so in Game With fifth bruce. Lee's student friend do you think you know how? Do you cut what was a gentleman's name, just.
Speaker 27: Before me just in?
Speaker 1: The last Caller. It was kel he should come.
Speaker 16: On more often he brightened.
Speaker 10: Up my Morning.
Speaker 1: He's, fantastic kel yeah but he.
Speaker 19: Made me lastly he should come.
Speaker 1: On more, often really good good. And thank you we'll go to kneel on the road in.
Speaker 4: Just.
Speaker 1: A moment apple i don't know what this saw, the news yesterday but the Good. People at apple for those That have, a samsung phone you might want to. Tune off now for those That have. A apple phone apple has up the ante a two point three, trillion dollar battle two point three trillion dollar battle to control, the vehicle dashboard updating its car play offering to extend beyond entertainment systems to change the. Way people drive this is the future people car play allows people to mirror their iPhone and their vehicles dashboard screens, to play music you can, access your maps you receive, your text messages make. Your Phone calls and apple says motors. Use the software how many times a day around the world Are They using? Apple CarPlay approximately Would You Think young jackson ballpark. Around, the world ah, you'd be right six hundred million times a Day using The apple car play six hundred million. Times a day what bothers me, about that is given, that Wonderful technology and i've GOT it and, i use it and a lot of THE cars that i Test drive Have apple car Play or the android, version in Fairness but The apple car play seems to be the preferred system for many, and IT'S wonderful but i got to tell you it actually can. Be a distraction so whilst we're not permitted to touch and use, our mobile phone and yet we can play with. This massive screen i've got a screen in A car that i'm driving, at the moment. Which is fantastic it is the size of a cinema just. The screen alone i'll show it to you on. The way downstairs it's. An incredible car but the screen, is you know all these screens that we've gone, in front of these screens in the studio are small compared to this thing. In the car promise you. It is phenomenal so the distraction is there all the time to touch and play and feel and look and call. AND talk to i just wonder whether or not that's going to be a good thing for drivers, around the road six hundred million of them a day around the world playing. With, their screen, Neil, good morning.
Speaker 36: Tony good, morning and yeah sorry To Hear, about brian wilson but got a bit of Another. Another conundrum bowyer if you want to hear it a mathematics.
Speaker 1: Fun please do and look just before you, Start, ON that neil i should Apologize To our Caro leikats and barnacy our. Astraighta OVER newsroom so i WENT round and I said to carolee round about. Ten past three she was working diligently, in HER office, and, i SAID oh caroly i just come around and tell you. It's just broken the, last ninety seconds we've Lost The. Great brian wilson and then she started to get physically upset AND she thought i Was Talking about brian wilson. In, our newsroom oh we have a great news. Reader and. Wonderful he's fantastic She thought that I'd meant that I'd Heard that brian wilson had. Passed away, Overnight god forbid i'm, Wrong. About that brian but. There you go you have to be. Very very careful but if people are just waking up for, the, first time yes we Lost The wonderful. Brian wilson overnight the news came through shortly after three. O'clock, this, morning.
Speaker 36: Yeah okay Just, To quicken andy Good morning To arthur And jim And bark And Stall. And christopher rory it's.
Speaker 35: A quick.
Speaker 1: Bunt all right so penny in hand as we spend handy do you need people across the street to do? This as well thank you.
Speaker 36: Doing as well let's see.
Speaker 16: How we go but it's.
Speaker 36: Nothing too hard you won't.
Speaker 1: Know to, calculate all right ladies and gentle. Get your pen.
Speaker 36: Here, we go hey we've Got Training and leeds central sation with five? People on board?
Speaker 1: How? Many people five five people on the.
Speaker 36: On the train, on THE train, as i please it's only five people. On the Train As a blue central station falls into, the first station six people get on.
Speaker 14: Three, people get, off six, on three off so three Into, the Next yeah so.
Speaker 36: I've got to keep going so it keeps. Your mind active pulls into. The next station eleven, people get.
Speaker 1: On, Eleven get on no.
Speaker 36: One gets us no one in. The, next station yeah gets in the, bring, it over mate bring it into the into. The next station eleven, people get off twelve, people get off goes To.
Speaker 1: The next so let me. Get this right so eleven people get off for twelve get.
Speaker 19: On.
Speaker 36: Get On yeh so i've got to keep it moving otherwise it makes.
Speaker 1: It, too, easy, YEAH great thanks i confused, to baggery now so so just just that that One last. One i'm missing so so eleven, people get off the, off the train but twelve. People, get, on, yep okay right pausing to.
Speaker 36: The next station eight, people get, on get on, three get off.
Speaker 1: Three get off.
Speaker 19: Go to.
Speaker 1: The next station, it's a, long, bloody train.
Speaker 17: Right big train.
Speaker 37: Twenty six, people get, on get on.
Speaker 36: Seventeen get off five seconds to Win the, toy perado's right brand. New train stop how many times did?
Speaker 13: The?
Speaker 36: Train stop ah what a?
Speaker 1: Question is it do we assume it stopped for the first time for people to, get, on yep right and so so. It's not there, hang on, One two three i'm going, to say five.
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 16: Can IT seeks but i.
Speaker 1: Could be wrong oh see you don't. Have THE avanza now.
Speaker 36: I was sick i was canning.
Speaker 1: To, change it yeah thanks, six six six because.
Speaker 36: That's just another another.
Speaker 8: Quick one.
Speaker 36: Train electric train.
Speaker 8: Pulls out from.
Speaker 36: The, street station yeah a hundred ki hundred kilometers an hour never.
Speaker 10: Going to happen but go on sixty.
Speaker 36: Kimeters, an hour yeah. It's traveling in it's traveling into a wind of sixty. Kilometers an hour see that's.
Speaker 1: More like it how long did you beat, On? A train neil.
Speaker 16: Yeah a.
Speaker 36: Lot, long time yeah but what direction is?
Speaker 1: The smoke, going excellent Work. Thank you, neil bye oldie but the goodie. We love that, one double three SIX nine threes. A telephone Number It. Is australia, revere good Morning Thank. You ian reed spot on, it well done clearly. And no smoke it's. An ELECTRIC train can i turn the smoke will? Go straight up sixty k negates each other now it's. LIKE to train i think. That's the trick it's not. Only but good can the listeners have a go stop butting in not too sure what you. Mean, by that gadaton just As, curious Of. Heckler, Says max well justin will cover the sixty five Thousand. Dollars for. Mark not problem he will do that because. HE'S sending us i don't know whether You were, here jackson yesterday but He said TO, jay and i we're up for a total of four hundred and fifty thousand dollars for our. Private philanthropic pursuit that. Is extremely generous it isn't A. Generous OF justin so i offered to give. Him my, account, HE said, OH i, know i want and he said it's just going. To be cash, oh even better what is it with you? Guys in cash so that's the great Line. FROM the castle i can't use the, WORD he used, i don't think but he refers TO with the w, word and says what is it you? Wogs and cash great Line from the castle and it has become synonymous with now the cash or lack. Of cash, culture it's. VERY very funny i don't know whether you've been following the story about the Crocodile. Kull In Queensland far north, queensland in particular it's. A great, yarn so yesterday father of Legendary Crock, hunter steve irwin Has Called THE maverick federal Mp The. Wonderful bob, catter, he said oh. He's a. Dickhead you Know. It's beautifully australian this is a member, of our parliament a highly regarded member. Of a partner. He's a dickhead. Story Goes On veteran conservative bob and eighty five A qs mister catter of having no clue. About crocodile, management no, clue he said. He's a dickhead but put that on record if you can, ACTUALLY tell him, i said It Said the australian zoo founder after appearing at a state parliamentary hearing. Into crocodile management now he goes on to say he says he's not not listening to the. People that know he has no idea, about the environment, how it works and. That's His Problem Kata is australian party has, reintroduced crocodile management a bill defeated Under the. Former labor government Defeated under. The, labor government anyway it's. One to watch it's an intriguing situation for those that know and love that part. Of the world it is an amazing part of the world Far, north of queensland whether you get up As far as cans and you Go Up to poor douglason. Around that area and whilst that is beautiful, for a holiday particularly as the colder months in the southern Suburbs Of the southern Suburbs And, the southern states when you move away from those areas and go into the rivers, and the hills. It is gorgeous but the crocs are a real thing and right. Round into now whether or, NOT the idea i think the indigenous, community says no you're leaving there because they actually do a fair bit of great work which has been going. On for years the culling is not. A great idea there'll be a lot of talk right, throughout THE day so i thought i'd throw it open. To the listener we need your calls about if we're to play one great and THEY'RE all, fantastic i know so it's going to be we'll have to end up probably. Tossing a coin but if we could play Just One fantastic, beach boys song what would that? Be, for you now there's a couple of way you. Can do it prefer the calls because it's more interesting and fun if. We get calls one double three six nine three, for the calls if we could play just one great song featuring the Loss Today, of brian Wilson, the Beach boy. Beach boy extraordinary if you've just woken up and hearing that news for the, first time here we were pretty surprised and. Shocked as well came as a real surprise given in the hour before we coincidentally on this program We're talking About Beg's about beach boys and, the great contribution and then the news came through straight after the news at three o'clock this morning that he, not long died, and, we went oh. Can't believe it, It's awful anyway so if there's by, way of tribute we thought we would play one cracking Great bee. Beach boys song what? Would that be one double three six nine three one double three. Six' nine three will make a decision the, other side of this come and tell us what. You'd, like to, hear yeah you're right there are so many. From which to choose so that's the dilemma when you think About just the. Pet sounds album ALONE often regarded As i don't, think i'm overstating it often regarded as the perfect album for the songs of the production and all those beautiful things that, they did. For many many years lots of texts coming in and obviously you feel the Same Way about THE beach. Boys As i so elton john Is On record The Beach Boys Song? Wouldn't it be nice as the, best song ever written the, best song ever written and He's Performed. Live with brian wilson thank you for there's no. Name on that text it ends in seven. To six to zero. Thank you for, that another one says what's?
Speaker 13: The?
Speaker 1: One below that, Jackson Oh, my god. Brian wilson my Hero you're right Played Brian's Version, of god only knows which we played a little. Bit of, That, earlier thank you gary so many a. Couple, Of, these calls lee now if, You, get one song leanne? What, would IT be.
Speaker 29: Well since i didn't, KNOW he died BEFORE i would say i Wasn't going to? Say god only knows but? Wouldn't it be nice because that was his memoir. Name, Of his books YEAH i'm sad because i loved The Harmonies, of the beach boys.
Speaker 1: Where, the genius was yeah.
Speaker 10: He was a.
Speaker 29: Genius he really was.
Speaker 16: Bubbles.
Speaker 1: But, a genius yeah uh the millions of tributes in The next. To, THE nocoming Days.
Speaker 29: Yeah i just I've Always. Loved, THE beast boys yeah i Think? Wouldn't it be nice because that was the name of his biography and it's just, a happy you know wouldn't it be nice to? Still have him around.
Speaker 1: Leanne keep listening and will make an executive decision in the next. Twenty, Minutes, or so, well ian. Good morning good morning My Choice.
Speaker 16: Would, be california Girl?
Speaker 24: Yeah what good?
Speaker 35: Vibrations What A.
Speaker 1: Track and good vibrations was one. They used to play we used to play that At the dancers During Taylors At the old australia hotel and that would come on and it. Would be just amazing everybody be up dancing and singing the words and, it was. Just gorgeous fantastic, Selection, Good on, You. Ian thank, You maxie oh, good.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna say?
Speaker 17: Wouldn't it be?
Speaker 12: Nice?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be nice is so that's a fair bit of support for? Wouldn't it, be nice all right let's do this Out. To news max is this is for you and a lot of people that just love this. Particular trade as well we've got the news coming up. In just A Moment. It is australia overnight we, Lost Him, this morning brian. Wilson you know it see and, as you say yeah goodbye to everybody At six pr and, purple seeing you tonight stay with us The NEXT. Half our shane a bass if we go to the movies and demo with his footy, tips on. The Weekend. That's next austraightia Overnight.
Speaker 3: You're Listening to Australia open. Eyes with tony McManus.
Speaker 1: If you look at some of those, wonderful lyrics in exclusion if you, like from the music even the words, were often, quite extraordinary so simple. But so, Beautifully Executed for example, CARL wilson was singing i may, not always love you but long as there, are stars above you you, need never need sorry you. Never need doubt it i'll make you. So sure about it.
Speaker 13: What a.
Speaker 1: Great line second verse if you, should, ever leave me well life. Would still, Go on believe me the world could, Show nothing to me so what good? WOULD living, do me i? Mean just wonderful. Lyrics god only knows god only, knows, without, you, repeat repeat repeat repeat and that was probably part of the great skill of that songwriting and the production. That, was around, It, Hey good Morning tony mac And jaco to Transport brian to the wherever's Rock. Rock and roll heaven will. Need Listen To THIS the sloop john b is the song you should play and he Will HOIST.
Speaker 12: The.
Speaker 1: Sloop john b. Sale that is fantastic. We might use? That isn't that great he will be there In rock and roll Heaven AND Hoist. The john b sale, speaking of great entertainment we couldn't get. Persons, Were, REALLY wanted sorry shane. I didn't. Mean that i'm, Tired. I'm Being, silly shane ay bassett. Movie is, and entertainment, Good, morning.
Speaker 8: That's, okay tanny good. MORNING and gooday everyone i missed.
Speaker 1: You were last week. SORRY to jump in i missed You last week. BECAUSE i'd been away i was. NOT one, hundred percent, i THINK oh no and. I think you were you'd had A big night and i hope it. Went really really well but We. Missed you last friday Point, of that last thursday the point of that Story is Finished. Watching friends and neighbors.
Speaker 33: Oh.
Speaker 8: Your friends and neighbors is great or did?
Speaker 1: You not like, it loved, love love. LOVED it loved it i highly recommend you.
Speaker 8: Have a great track record on recommending things for, You And then everyone so i'm glad to. Hear you enjoyed it, it's top. Top Notch isn't it john hamm and the. Rest of the.
Speaker 1: Cast and there are people that were would come in and look over my shoulder as it was being viewed, of the female persuasion and each time a female would come into the, area of, the, viewing they go, Oh He's, So gorgeous john emma. He's so gorgeous.
Speaker 10: Love maybe they.
Speaker 8: WERE talking about. YOU i don't.
Speaker 1: Think. I don't think so It Was. Definitely a john. Hamm he's got that, he's got, that great Lovely classic, almost classic Hollywood, look, doesn't he.
Speaker 8: Oh look he's great he's been around, for a long TIME a lot of tv and so many. MOVIES now as well i think. He's a terrific actor he's one of those that jumps UP for me if i see his name.
Speaker 1: In the cast Special Presentation in the Cinema's Limited Time Only the Great. Hands, zimmer and friends now there. May be, people listening god forbid that may not know what An amazing. Artist, hands zimmer is yeah he composed.
Speaker 8: Literally Hundreds, of movies Oscar winner Movies, Like, Days Of Thunder, Gladiator, The Lion, king backdraft pool. RUNNINGS a Great Movie. I loved true romance. The list goes on he has been around for such a long time. And really good musician, he did a Well he's two in australia at least twice that are a member of. In the last decades he gets the greatest crowds. And the greatest response but he did a big concert In the desert in dubai and he had a whole, lot of friends there a whole lot of, Friends as in actors hollywood types and, fellow musicians as well and. He put it together it's almost a three hour concert and there's interviews as, well behind the stage behind the scenes footage and Then beautiful scenes of dubai and in the desert where. They were in location but he. Does all the music he'll. Recognize theme, after theme so yeah if you get a Chair an it's Called Diamond In the desert. Hahns zimmer. And friends huge concert it'll go. To streaming, as well obviously soon but they're showing it in cinemas first because it is one of those things that you might not, be at the concert but if you're watching it in a cinema, on a big screen it'd.
Speaker 1: Be like you're there if, you want to? Name What's? Your name from germany And My. Name is hans, zimer he's sixty seven married, a couple of Times Got A great Family Academy Award For, best, music original score bafters lots of, others and wonderful children and what. A genius he is.
Speaker 8: Definitely Got people like billy eilish who came out on stage with him during, his concert as. Well, AND among others. Yeah i loved it And He's cello player tina gau her name, might not be familiar but she has appeared with him on many scores that he's done and goes around the world with him on concert and she's front. And center on stage she's, a really. Good cellist world class but everyone in his, band or you know the musicians. Surrounding him, IS terrific So Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love han zimmer you look at those Other Great musicians Like John, Williams, and james newton howard lots of others are a wonderful soundtrack. Up, there, with them Yeah Well. And truly belle rena another movie, Goes Into cinemas. WORTHWHILE john wick story i.
Speaker 8: Actually really liked it i'm a Big Fan of, the John Week movie the kenna reeves. Film that came out the first one came out a decade or so ago now and was supposed to just, be a one off but. It was so Huge There's been. Four john week movies this is a spin off from a. CHARACTER in that universe a, lot Of Familiar faces including keanu reeves Is In, it AND angelici houston who i. Always adore, as well but yeah just about a young orphan girl who grows up to be an assassin as well as a world class ballet. Dancer on the Side very. Far fetched, Bettes's.
Speaker 1: Action that's right i'm a ballet, dancer on, the side of course it's all.
Speaker 16: Part of.
Speaker 8: THE story it works. I Really Liked it and anna diamis, who plays The. Ballerina her name's Eve She was In no Time To Die The daniel, craig james bond movie so she knows.
Speaker 1: How to do action i've Got a feeling that i'm going to fall IN love for if I Haven't. Already with, DAKOTA johnson oh yeah.
Speaker 8: I think she's underrated a lot of. People don't like her she is outspoken, when she gets. Interviewed and she's forthright She's The daughter Of Melanie griffith and, john johnson as well so that gives a bit of. Excellence in her genes, i've got to, say not his looks but. She's a great actor materialist is a, movie about A recent very RISK she plays a i, guess you could say a top High Class matchmaker in new york only wants the best for her self and her clients sort of falls in love as they. Do in these movies it's a rom com but a little. Bit more to. It opposites a tract but there's another, guy involved as Well So you've Got Pedro pascal and chris evans, Are The two guys dakota johnson among a few other familiar. Faces in, the cast it's funny but as, also on face value it looks like it might be just another. Routine romcom chick flick but it's a lot MORE than that and i. Liked It A, Lot, and dakota johnson YEAH she should be i think allocated to an oscar at some. Point in her career, maybe not for this, but she's getting there like her performances in a. Lot of different.
Speaker 1: Movies write It down it's called materialists and. It's, in the cinemas now let's have a look at the. Rent, by digit platforms now this Is A. Thing called dead sea you would say it's pretty good my.
Speaker 8: Movie of the week this is going to go UNDER the radar if i don't mention it and you. NEED to See it i recom It's A bit like Wolf creek on The, sea On The, ocean or dead calm That Great Movie With, nicole kidman sam neil similar to.
Speaker 9: That in.
Speaker 8: Some ways four friends they're out and. About on jet skis, they have. An accident the. Tragedy two girls survive they're floating in the. Ocean trying to survive they get picked up randomly by a, captain of this, small but you know. Fairly decent fishing vessel but. Something's not quite right he says he's going, to help, them out but no. He's got ulterior motives and when they find, out what they are. They've got to survive these two young girls and he's got friends on the way. To pick them up it's on the. Edgy of, seat stuff it's, independent low key Movie But top notch dead sea rent or, buy on digital platforms.
Speaker 1: Rent or by. Just look it up you. Know where to find its Simply called A dead sea And movie Of THE. Week. From shane a. Bassett always a pleasure sorry, time is so short and we'll Do it. Again next thursday.
Speaker 8: Morning they go quick but thank you for that, great day everyone.
Speaker 1: Youtubete thanks for getting nice. And early. For, It much Appreciated. Morning mac and jacko look. At all these texts gilleton And my first concert Sitting On The Hill, sidney meyer music, bowl summer rain Pouring Listening. To the beach boys we'll. Never forget that night we WERE talking About a i think I'm sure was a benz Dealer Down. On two rec road there was a Luxury Car dealer two rec road, on the north, side fifteen of shops fifteen or So Shops down from warrigal road there that became a video shop. In the early eighties prior to that it was A it was a ben's dealer or certainly a luxury come Sure it. Was a benz dealer it's. A long time ago sixties and seventies were around the. Kids around that area was very lucky to meet was Very Lucky to meet john stamos when he Was Drummer for the beach Boys For. Their concert olympic park and the year. Was nineteen ninety two so many texts tributes to the people, that loved for many Many Years. The, wonderful beach boys today soon after, three o'clock this morning we learned that we had lost the great man who put it, all together, for him. His team his brothers we know and Love Them. As The Beach, boys but brian wilson what a Tell the.
Speaker 12: Ballet, By Bay.
Speaker 33: Sound sir love sadas and nowhere.
Speaker 2: YOU what you said i was not nighting here became, A.
Speaker 4: Sound.
Speaker 2: Us sir.
Speaker 34: Sweet sleep.
Speaker 1: Lots of emails too you can send an email overnight at three aw dot com dot Au, From The, great Rich Hello rich says brian wilson been living with a major neurocognitive disorder similar. To dementia filent years his family sought a conservatory ship for him in early twenty four after the passing Of, his from a linda to ensure that, he received proper care but will certainly be missed. Right Around The World The Wonderful Brian Wilson damian tardio Footy chips for the round. Gets under WAY Tonight three. A w footy demo the other side of this will wrap it up For Another edition of. Australia overnight it Is, It's not Done lake i'm bad we're going to. Run out of time made damo FROM OUR three. Out w, Bricki, program good, morning tony your manus what. A morning it's been I'm. A Happier brighter No Thursday footy and Killer Doggies, Gets Underway marvel stadium random pay. Half, out seventh tonight.
Speaker 7: Yes thought'll be broadcasting from Seven O'clock tonight and luke beverige re Signing will be The phillips that the bulldogs will need to get over the line And, They.
Speaker 1: Will, Win Tonight Friday thirteenth Tomorrow big day And friday The thirty.
Speaker 7: Spooky And down At Utah Stadium in Lon. Sston hawthorne and adelaide hawthorne played the, venue Very very well although adelaide they're. FIRING and all cylinders i think.
Speaker 1: They'll, Cause, an upsett well okay go for that right That one DOWN in brisbane lines gws set the. Afternoon, Twenty past one.
Speaker 7: Yes brisbane At home at the gap will BE. Too strong for, gws what A?
Speaker 1: Game isn't the gelong this makes it. A, Bit interesting there.
Speaker 7: Look I'd like to, see essen and win just for the story and just for a. Little BIT of Interest but i think geelong they'll get the.
Speaker 1: Job Done All right north melbourne Freemantle back. THERE at optus on i think that's a round About seven, thirty, five satday nine.
Speaker 7: Yes Week TWO of north. Melbourne's wa road trip but that won't do any Justice to them because fremantle.
Speaker 1: Will get the chocolates adelaide Fifteen plus Fourteen. In adelaide against melbourne.
Speaker 7: This is An elimination finally in june loser, loser out of finals contention winner winner lives, to FIGHT another Day And i think port adelaide will be fighting Another day against these.
Speaker 1: You can, Go, Off people quickly Demo I'll Tell you West coast eagles and carl's and.
Speaker 7: COMING by fifteen goals.
Speaker 1: I love that lovely excitement in your voice. When you do that thank you. Have a great weekend, Thank you very Much i'm loving the you're looking really Very. Cool, For this thursday Well I've, got the wu beanie. Which is Great. Merch love me wall we. Love that complementary merch write it, down, In your diaries people it will be talked about. For a long time the morning that you Heard About the great, brian wilson leaving us there'll be, a lot, about that you imagine right throughout the day. And for coming days and, Why Would We. Not i'm tony mack, for all we know we. May never meet again may our hands only ever be, held out in friendship never. In whatch
Speaker 2: That happens and we didn't look at the loopt