Speaker 1: Blake.
Speaker 2: You'd be happy to know Grandpa has had all these medications this morning, Good morning everyone, Welcome to Australia. I thank you, and now here's my grandpa. That would be me.
Speaker 3: Australia's quiet.
Speaker 4: The night rolls on, voices echo till the.
Speaker 3: Break of dawn.
Speaker 5: Through the dark.
Speaker 6: There's a guiding line three w keeps us closed tonight.
Speaker 2: Well we could talk about politicians and salaries. We weren't We share.
Speaker 7: Us the storys and laughter.
Speaker 2: Thank you Dennis. Here today city streets to the outbacks, guys, Australia tree as the station, flight Maddie and the team. They're at Double A and Adelaide. Hello to you and six PR Perth listeners, Hello to you. Welcome along for us.
Speaker 8: A straight your open mind, night hours.
Speaker 3: This saucy city wakes, heart goes now. So's voice like a friendly brings the country close across this slam oh no.
Speaker 5: Shed stories and laughter everywhere.
Speaker 2: If you like to join the program, you can jump on board. Lots of things about which we'll chat as we go through the morning together. If you'd like to be part of it, and I hope you do. One Double three sixty ninety three is the open Line Perth listeners one double three eight eighty.
Speaker 7: Two nights.
Speaker 3: Safree City wakes Hord goes.
Speaker 5: Now toes Fokes.
Speaker 3: Like a fairly ham brings the country close across the land.
Speaker 2: Here's the question that we are throughout there. Given the year nineteen seventy, so we'll talk about that nineteen seventy. You might think about where you was we go through the morning together the year nineteen seventy, so it's gone back a little bit. We may have been a little closer to the ground nineteen seventy. What were you doing the year that air row Guard was launched into the Australian market. I mean, when you think about it, what did we ever do before air Reguard? Here you get to those summer months and you spray this stuff all over your body and you actually start to like the smell of it. Really you're just going, you know, well, just put some more on all and rub it in. And you know, Australians right across the summer months smothering themselves in this new product called air Regard from nineteen seventy, so we'd kick it off. Where were you What were you doing and smothering yourself with their regard all those years ago. Clarence Clemens, arguably one of the best players eas Street band member for long time, just did some extraordinary walk work with that band. So we're going to talk about great musicians like Clarence and clearly because there's so much sax, so we like a bit of early morning sacks on the program. Ah, what else have we got, Oh, Sir Paul McCartney. Sir Paul McCartney is having a birthday eighty three, So we talk about support now. Sadly, I'm really conscious now after we were talking last week about the Beach Boys, and we talked about that for forty five minutes leading into the two o'clock news, and then in the next hour what happened is we got the announcement that he'd passed away. And I said to Ross Stevenson here on three IW the next morning, remind me never to mention Sir Paul McCartney as part of my program, and he smiled rilely. But we will because he's well and he's safe and he's happy at eighty three, and there's lots of things and not lots to love about the great Sir Paul. Family Friendly Airlines you'd be happy to know. I just made a little note of this because we just got the announcement through Luftansa Looftansa at the world's most Family Friendly Airline No prize from the World Airline Awards of twenty twenty five, presented research market institute Skytrack's Paris Air Show. How wonderful would that be? So they've just picked up most Family Friendly Airline and First Class Lounge worldwide, Best first Class Slams worldwide. Austrian airlines too, by the way, and euro Rings also euro Wings also were picked up awards pointed. That is, for those of you that have done a bit of flying, I want to talk to you about the loyalty associated with a particular airline internationally. One of the highs, one of the lows, and as they say in the biz, you can go off an airline pretty quickly. Have you ever gone off one? One, double three, six nine three? Wherever you are, you could be the ACE Radio Network of course, right into southern parts of New South Wales, right across Victoria, five Double A and Adelaide and six PR in Perth. Nice to heavy company. I'm Tony mcmaanus Pete kick it off for us in Port Melbourne. Peter, Hello, Tony, how you go?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Sens social man?
Speaker 10: Here you go?
Speaker 11: Many gay man?
Speaker 2: Amen, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 12: Hi, I've got a mate.
Speaker 1: I'll spoke for a couple of months and here.
Speaker 13: Lie the rockets.
Speaker 2: Sorry sorry, Pete. Wait for some reason, I know you're mobile, and but for whatever reason, because well I can hear you, but it's really quite distorted. It sounds like you're sitting in the backseat of an old Woolsey. That's better. There you go, look at you like a big broadcaster's that's it. That's better.
Speaker 1: Uh kill me now.
Speaker 2: Pete stay. That will even get you on a bit of line. Meggie, good morning to you, and.
Speaker 14: Good morning to you Anthony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you buy chars in Santos?
Speaker 15: Meggie, Oh god, well it would be a good time.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it.
Speaker 14: A wheeler and dealer lot. My father used to late father, Oh, I used to just love the stups and shears and carry young Butler never never Jopp did any of that.
Speaker 2: So you never did a little double, a little double, do you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 14: No, only education in the crowd and the stops and shares. But yeah, my concern I am somewhat concerned, you know, for those that perhaps more fo into state who may not be aware. Today's one of the small little items on Paige one of the advertiser. South Australia's biggest company, Santos, has struck a thirty billion dollar agreement to sell a consortium of investors led by Abu Dhabi's state owned oil. Santos confirmed on Monday the board of the gas giant has endorsed the deal. Business leaders remain hopeful the Santa spect Oh the tour down under that but by the way, and the consortium has prommers to keep the company headquarters in.
Speaker 2: That day when you would hearpe so but they all say that don't. They are not too much all change. You will just keep going. We'll get just business as usual. And then they get rid of people.
Speaker 11: Oh love.
Speaker 14: I'm somewhat concerned about that. And I think, yeah, others other than South Australians should be two.
Speaker 16: And this.
Speaker 2: I was reading a bit in the papers yesterday and The Australian about it's an amazing story. Really, Maggie on the top. Person whose name just to scrape you'll forgive me, he'll come back to me to tick. But because he was fortunate enough to pick up some shares all those years ago. I mean, this whole deal, it could be worth something. I think the Australian reported to him alone read about somewhere between forty and fifty million. Oh, wouldn't that be just lovely?
Speaker 14: One has to wonder whether there's inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, one doesn't wonder that at all, Maggie, because there is no evidence that that would be the case. So I just allert you to that to our knowledge. But thank you very much for being part of the program. Lenny in Melton, Good morning to you. Yes, Lenny, anytime you're ready.
Speaker 17: Right now, a bit you're doing, be at the aircraft or something, and which ones you're like, Well, i'll tell you an experience as you now work with you.
Speaker 2: Did you have a favorite over the years as far as what just an airline carrier, particular particular brand that you notice?
Speaker 17: They're all fantastic except for one our first started there we have of j A two come in because I was working in the National catering with all the trucks and that was on J two.
Speaker 2: Was what for those that do the acronym so j A two was Japanese.
Speaker 17: No no, no, no, that is you, Yugoslavenski Transport.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. Would not have nailed that one. Well done you.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but yeah. I was on the back door of this DC ten and we've got three engines, you know, the three three inches of the back doing one on the outside and the top. And the APU blew up, big bang, like a bomb. And why the APU blew up, I don't know, but I said to me mate, right in the truck, I said, the girls in they go, you go out the front, don't run, just walk up the front and up with the door, down with the truck dan and we got the hell I over.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, walking, don't don't you're going to walk out. Don't look back.
Speaker 17: It wasn't good.
Speaker 2: No, how long ago would that have been, len, That would have been back in early eighties, early part of the eighties. So there's a memory there. Thank you. We've got to do this break, Lenny. Thank you, one double three six nine three. Wherever you are right across Australia. Anything you want to raise on the program, whether it be a favorite airline you might think about, and it's not urgent. I promise you we'll get to that when we do but if you think about where you were, what you were doing during that year nineteen seventy, let's call it moving out of the sixties into the seventies. If you like, what was that like for you? Where were you were you married? Where were you living? What school were you going to? One double three, six nine three is the telephone number. It's a little program we call Australia Overnight. Come and join in, you know you want to do. Wherever you are, you might be thinking about nodding off. You've probably already had a salad, biscuit and a cup of tea just to settle the nerves or something a bit more powerful. One double three, six nine three is the telephone number today. Of course I mentioned Sir Paul McCartney having a birthday eighty three. And when you think about the amazing, extraordinary contribution that Sir Paul, and of course Ringo and George and John, but certainly so Paul at eighty three, the songs that they've written performed the shows, everybody would have a great affection, I think, well, I would imagine. I can't imagine anybody's never liked them, never like Sir Paul never liked the wings never liked the Beatles. I would think that would be highly unlikely, but maybe English singer, songwriter, musician, former Beatle became Are you ever a former Beatle? You're always going to be a Beatle Jay, aren't you? By definition? I mean there was only the four or five of them. Anyway, Once you're a fan, you're a fan for life, aren't you? Would you? I can understand that. It's really interesting because I think you I don't know. I think you can be a former Beatle, but you could probably be a former member of the Rolling Stones for example, former member Yeah, former member of the Rolling Stones. But you're never going to be a former Beatle. You're always going to be a Beetle.
Speaker 18: Well that's right. They really stayed with their band. Yeah, they did with them, even though they went and did their solo years years later or some years later later, but they were still the four.
Speaker 2: He celebrated his twenty second birthday when the Beatles toured in Australia nineteen sixty four, and he was only twenty two. Think about that. Think about your child at twenty two, your grandchild at twenty two, touring the world doing what they were doing at twenty to landing in Australia. I think they came into I think they flew into Darwin first, then into Sydney, then into Melbourne. I hope I've got that itinery right, Adrian, Good morning to you.
Speaker 19: On here.
Speaker 2: You going really well? Thank you?
Speaker 9: Just sing up of wolf. Looked up something on Google about Eric and it said that AerR reguards older than nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Well, it was trademarked in nineteen seventy according to the information that I've got. What did you find out?
Speaker 10: What did it say?
Speaker 9: Well, it was actually used by Queen Elizabeth when she toured Australia in nineteen sixty three and she was out on the golf course and using it to repel flies. And so it's as old as nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 2: Well, gee, I hope that's right. In nineteen thirty eight, Waterhouse Creative are Gard began researching how to protect sheep. Back in those days, you just gavered a chemical mixture applied to a bandage to kill blow flies on the sheep. So it goes back there. So wonder just double checking, because would it be so nineteen thirty eight the creator of air reguard, But maybe the distinction is that it may have been created earlier, but it was actually trademark as a product in Australia at nineteen seventy.
Speaker 9: Well, you see the CSORO.
Speaker 2: I think they had a fair bit to do with it, You're right about it.
Speaker 9: And the sign, one particular sign for destruck gold or whatever was coming up with the thing about using it as an insect rebellent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it.
Speaker 9: Got passed on to Martine and I remember Samuel Taylor was the marketer of Martin in the sixties and seventies and they had error Guard as well as Morteene.
Speaker 2: It's a great piece of research and I think you were doing that. Spray Fresh was the other one, wasn't it? Just go back. There's a page there just above that if I can so. It was Doug water House in relationships doctr Ian McNamara csi u's Division of Economic Entomology in camera to work on sheep blowfire problem and those sheep blowfly problems were massive. Over the next year or so, studied the sociology if you like, a digestion and excretion, oh that's a nice word this time in the morning, a cology and population control and it goes on and on and on and on, research interrupted by the start of Second World War in nineteen thirty nine. But you're right, goes way way back. So really you spot on my mistake. I should have written out clear air regard trademark registered in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 9: Because the sixties were when we added you know, in the seventies we've got things we fabulue.
Speaker 2: And yes, fabulon. Does anybody still use fabulum? Is it still a ninning product?
Speaker 8: You need?
Speaker 2: Uncle Sam was the other one, massive age.
Speaker 9: So it came out of the same factory as Martine. There are those things.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was about the sprays. I just I'd like to find out from people do they still use things like the one for the what did you say the what was the one Adrian you mentioned for the ironing fab fabulon? I wonder if people still use fabulon to do the shirts one double three six nine three. Franklin mural Bak, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 11: How are you today.
Speaker 2: I'm well, frank thank you for asking. Well.
Speaker 11: Two things that I remember about nineteen seventy one was I got married on the twenty fourth of January. The other one, the other one was nine months later, the Grand Final.
Speaker 7: Didn't take long.
Speaker 2: Jay's smiling Riley, Jay, look at you. You'll be happy to hear that. Thank you, Jay. You weren't even born. Why are you supporting? You weren't even there.
Speaker 18: But I had a feeling as I was passing Jupiter on my way to Earth, I could feel the crowd just roaring at the one.
Speaker 2: I could feel it. Frank, were you there or because in those days it was not being telecast, I was there.
Speaker 11: I was standing on cans with a group of other people, mainly coming with supporters, and about halftime they started to sell them back because they were coming with the seven goals up for something round about and then we came back and we showed them.
Speaker 2: It was what a monster there. I must confess I don't remember it, but I know that there would be people right across Australia passionate about those sorts of events. I would remember it fondly.
Speaker 11: Sure it was a good, good decade of the seventies, because eight seventy seventy seventy nine, it did really well in early eighties as well.
Speaker 2: And Frank, to get those tickets back in those days, you have to line up. Do you remember lining up to get him.
Speaker 11: I don't really know. I remember one time I went to the mcg to watch cart and paved the way we did real life, and we're playing, so I went straight out again.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, mum, we're at the wrong grand half, Hardy. That's classic, Well done, Frank. Good memories there finished. Collingwood finished nineteen seventy, top of the ladder, eighteen wins. Carlton next on the sixteen, followed by some children in South Melbourne. South Melbourne was participately in the first final series since nineteen forty five, and got in despite winning only four of their last eight home and away matches. Frank, good to talk to you. We'll do this break when we come back, we'll talk to Ardie and we'll want to catch up also with the great man Barry Urk at marketing and business Experts, so we'll do that next. All part of Australia Revenue. Nice every company, We're of you out right across Australia. For Australia overnight, I'm Tony McManus one double three six nine three. You might be listening through the ACE Radio network that's right throughout country Victorian into southern parts of New South Wales five double A and Adelaide three AW Metropolitan and right around the world really via the three A w app Good morning to you. Great to have your company, should you choose to jump on board and join the just joining the program the fun. We're not going to get heavy, I promise you. I have to last yesterday morning, people said Tony mac two heavy and it brings out the worst side of everyone, including me when we talk heavy politics. So we're going to not do that this morning unless one one double three don't look at me like that, Jay one double three six nine threes the telephone number perth listeners one double three eight eighty two a zillion and one text which for which we are most grateful zero four double seven sixty nine three six nine three. We get a lot of the text and I try to get to them and read as many as we possibly can as we talk through some of the topics that we use on Australia Overnight and for those I applied again to a lot of emails that yesterday overnights at THREEAW dot com dot AU. I think it's pretty important to reply, even if it's only just a few words, because it does take a bit of time. I'm not complaining about that, but it does take a bit of time to do that. So I tried to reply to each and every single one Ardie, mister Miagi morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Tony and Jay. Paul McCartney performed in Melbourne and Sydney not so long ago, about one math years ago, wasn't I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you think about it, how many times he's been in Australia and each time it's just a massive sense of occasion since that first visit back in sixty sixty four, sixty five.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I didn't go. I would love to have gone to see record of our own was helped by the Beatles of seventeen single and I still got it. I got it given to him as a kid.
Speaker 2: Well done you What did you say? It was a seven inch a little single?
Speaker 16: Yeah, seven inch run record?
Speaker 8: Help Now that was that.
Speaker 2: Would have been not on the Apple label at that stage? Was it? That was still em I? I reckon?
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's right, I got it right on. Yeah, they're great for Beatles. I would have loved to see Paul McCartney, but I was busy doing other things. But yeah, a lot of people really enjoyed it, so he started in Melbourne and then went to Sitney in it was really good from my basic scene, which wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Now, Ardie, I'm holding up a fantastic CD that you said through, which is very very thoughtful of you as a little birthday consideration. It's arrived in the hot little hand. All those songs from the movie Years.
Speaker 16: Hold on too, because it's rare and they're getting eliminated from my friend. You even eat the eos that's k disk Elvis's movie hits and he's having a hard time getting them.
Speaker 2: Now what are they a bit precious?
Speaker 8: Are they?
Speaker 16: Well, they're phasing out bit by bus to have stacks off them and there's very limited CDs now, but very few.
Speaker 19: So yeah, you got it.
Speaker 16: You've got a quicker than one.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 2: When'd you posted yesterday the day before? So you look at some of these movies. So it starts off with Love Me Tender, Jailhouse Rock, Blue, Hawaii Girls, Girls, Girl, Viva Las Vegas, Frankie and Johnny were Lovers, Easy Come, Easy, Clam Bake, Wonerfilm, Stay Away, Joe, Change of Habit. Look at all these and Kiss and Cousins.
Speaker 16: Yeah, all the hits from the movies as you can see, and.
Speaker 2: A nice cut. This is the only cart I've ever had in my entire life. Of birthdays, Tony mackin the a great radio announcer who wrote that you're Jimmy a bit. Jimmy wrote that best wishes for the birthday, something small, something smaller to the Elvis C c D enjoyed art. It's very so I've got I've got to hide it from Jay because you walk out with it. He's like that. Nice to talk to you. Now. Barrier is managed to direct the marketing focus. Always good to catch up with Barry. We'll do we talk Tobarr in a regular basis. Good morning, Good morning, Tony. I'm fascinated with as many are, and we're trying to get our heads around for those a little older and infinitely more wise, not necessarily always more wise, by the way. But the new big thing is that AI. How do we I mean, it's just going to be. It's moving so quickly, I think Barry isn't it.
Speaker 20: It has been, Tony, but to a lant extent. A lot of people use that as a collective now AI artificial intelligence, it's anything but artificial. In fact, when you think about it, it's programmed intelligence because to a large extent, for them to come up with any conclusion with an algorithm or a computer algorithm type basis, you've got to have some sort of basis on which to come to decisions. So we have had for a long time, right back to the days of the IBM golf boil typewriter. That was a form of artificial intelligence and technology. It's just been a progressive development of that type of situation. It's just that its growth has been exponential in the last three to four years.
Speaker 2: Makes sense. Let me give you an example. So I'm not wild about social media, don't fully understand it, particularly Facebook, and I particularly like it at all for a range of reasons. Put that to one side for a moment. On LinkedIn, I just happened to cruise into my LinkedIn site and in LinkedIn to reply to some of the lovely greetings that I saw some days after my birthday last week. And all you've got to do is start to type one word, and it almost does it for you. By way of thinking people who considered it a lovely gesture to send a birthday message. I hardly had to do anything, eat a little button. It says thank you for your lovely note.
Speaker 20: Almost well anticipated intelligence that sort of thing. It says scripting your texts and you are saying that you want to have a to respond to everything. Well, that's a very easy collective way of doing it, because the important thing is at the bottom. It's got a name, Tony McManus. It's the personalization rather than the impersonalization of artificial intelligence. It's a label that really the means and I think has you know, as a consultant and a person who speaks in many conferences on customer service. When you've got technology interspersing and interrupting personal communications, you really are fracturing relationships. So you've got to utilize artificial intelligence, whichever mode or modeled it is into the fact that you don't replace humanity, you complement humanity using that. Because artificial intelligence improves internal efficiency, it does not enhance external effectiveness. That's the critical issue to remember it all the time.
Speaker 2: Corporations need to be aware, are aware, they're.
Speaker 20: Sensitive to it. They're spending too much money on saying well, hold on, we've got to be in on this. You know, I'm an older person. I'm fifty and sixty years of age. I've run this business. I've been the managing director for ten years. My staff telling me I'm an analog manager and we're now in a digital era, so I'm out of touch. So I'm going to spend a lot of money making sure that we've got access to all the capital equipment for artificial intelligence. And that's the problem. In many instances, you've got artificial intelligence, so you've got capacity, but you haven't got capability. What we need to do is to make sure that internal to companies, you've got a lot of situations where people within the organization can use the technology or artificial intelligence to the advantage of the business and more important pordly to the advantage of the existing past and perspective customers.
Speaker 2: So in terms of shopping, our shopping habits where in the day you look at maybe the specials that were printed in the local newspapers, you look at those specials tick maybe things that were at that stage reduced and that's where you would go to shop. A lot of that now is so easy to do using I don't know what it's AI, but you can do that's pretty much on your phone. As you're walking into the store, planning. Well, it's really yes.
Speaker 20: This is the latest mode coming out of the United States of America agency purchasing or high agency purchasing, and it's about four percent, or you know, marginally less than three percent, but it's growing to about four percent of the market. So Tony McManus wants to buy a product. It might be a microwave, it might be a television, so it might be a new radio, it'll be a digital radio that he wants to listen to on three AW or it might be six pr or you know FIVEAAM that sort of thing. So, but the point is is he getting the right prices the right value? What you can now do and this is what the Americans are doing with this agenic purchasing. So the AI becomes your agent. You give them a brief of what you want to buy, what you're looking for, what are the brands, what's the price range that is tolerable to you, and they will go out search, select, choose, nominate, and actually be able to transact the business and organize delerlivery for you across the board. Now you can see what's having the problem there. You've now got artificial intelligence acting as the agent for the consumer talking to the algorithm of the department store, the retail operation and everything else has been marginalized. So there's no relationships, there's no personal loyalty, there's no repeat business. And so a lot of businesses are saying, I don't know whether I want to become a fulfillment center for artificial intelligence. So this is a great new model. And look, here's the point if you look at it and say, let's take away the pursuit of what's the cheapest price and say, what is the one thing that annoys many people when they're buying products. Now you're talking about Paul McCartney. Now Paul McCartney's tickets sold very, very rapidly. Let's take that as the case in ployed. What you can now do is you go to your artificial intelligence, you develop them as an agent, give them a brief and say, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift or whoever else it may be, is coming to Melbourne, Adelaie, Sydney, Brisbane or Warn and Bull and say what I want is some tickets. I'm prepared to pay this price. I would like that range, and I want it on that night. And so you can give them a brief and so rather than you waiting online on a telephone, online with the social media, or more particularly physically waiting in a queue trying to get tickets, artificial intelligence can take all the toxicity and the frustration and annoyance by simply saying, hold on, I'll do that on your behalf. And that is AI agency purchasing used in the most appropriate manner because it's saving you time, which is time is money. Therefore, the value proposition is greatly enhanced when you use artificial intelligence intelligently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a beautiful observation. The great band Credit House doing some shows. Credit House, it was, and I just thought you I'd love to see that. Sure enough, as soon as I said it out loud, Credit House as something hits the phone. They're doing a series of concerts I think in the beautiful Yarra valley here in Victoria. They're going all around Australia, but they're a valley here in Victoria. And I looked at the thing and you can pay one hundred and thirty or one hundred and eighty dollars a ticket or something, But then you have a selection of going into a restaurant or a cafe or a certain section and the prices are all structured accordingly. It's just it's a different it's a completely different way to maybe you and I might be used to going to Melbourne Sports Depo to buy a ticket all those years ago.
Speaker 20: Yes, and of course the point is that it's now pricing. Yeah, if there's five people wanting that particular ticket, the price goes up in order high What you've got to do is have the artificial intelligence, you know, acting as your agents, say well, this is the price range that I want, and these are the seats that I will go into. I won't take on the wings. I want to be more on the center aisles and that type of situation. And people are very very happy with that type of situation. Now, a lot of people say that is the future, and therefore there's going to be you know, you've got to get onto that. Interestingly enough, the bigger businesses like the department stores, discount department stores, the global retailers, even the platforms like TikTok Amazon, they're saying, we don't know whether we're losing control of our supply chain. We'll use it selectively, but we're not going to make it randomly available because all of a sudden, the whole equation of relationships of business, the value of brands, well, you've lost all of that type of situation because Tony, you're old enough as I'm old enough to remember that when you were went into the workforce and you went into sales, and they all say, the important thing is what is the lifetime value of your customers. With artificial intelligence and agency purchasing, it's transaction by transaction. That's fine. If you're a president of the United States or the name of Donald Joe Trump, you don't need to be transaction or what you need to do is to develop relationships, and so all the time, utilize it to improve and complement the human quotion. But never deal out of the equation the human quotion, because that's not going to be the future of businesses. Because many small business owners here today, their whole superannuation fund is geared to one day I'm going to come and say, no, that's it. I want to sell my business. If all the transactions are done by online with algorithms and artificial agency purchases, there is no business to sell. So never step back and say, well, I'll allow technology to run my business, because it's the most efficient way to do it. It can be unquestionably and it's proving to be right now.
Speaker 2: A false economy, false economy. We'll leave it. They're always good to talk to you, Barry. Thank you, Barryer could manage your director marketing focus Bricks and Water. It's in curious. I don't know what you saw on the news last night about Australia Post was on all the news services. Australia Posts and their slightly new experience of picking up a parcel times they are a change in Hey, Jay, the other side of the glass. Have you checked our respective bank accounts? Yes? And no income, no income, nothing. Have we heard anything from Justin Justin? Well, surprise, surprise, Justin is with us. But look, I'm just still letting you know, Tony, it's not looking good at this stage. Not looking good. So we have commitments for our philanthropic projects to the tune of four to five hundred thousand dollars. This is going to be awkward. How do we have not just yeah, it's going to be really awkward. From Switzerland, just from Justin Justin? Bring us up to date. Where is the money? Honey?
Speaker 21: Okay? So I rung the bank today and they said that they can't transfer the money over because it's over their legal amount.
Speaker 2: That's what I hate that every time.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, so I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well if and when that ever changes, please come back. Because we had meetings yesterday just Jay and I were going to plan how we would share this with people in our life and friends and family and projects on which we've been working philanthropically. With all that money that we were going to pour into your account or you were going to pour into our account more.
Speaker 21: Importantly, Yeah, I'm sorry about that, but I will get it and you will get it in your bank account. But that's not why I run.
Speaker 2: That's that's not why we're called really, that's not why.
Speaker 8: So I just want to.
Speaker 21: Pass on my condolences to the Tasmanian police officer that was shot in the law. Yeah yeah, and also too, I've just seen on the news and I'm not too sure.
Speaker 8: If it's.
Speaker 21: You know, being confirmed or not, but I heard on the news that the remains of that body that was found are that of that missing teenager.
Speaker 2: That I don't know.
Speaker 21: Yeah, so I was just watching the news and yeah, it's just come on that Queensland Police have confirmed human confirmed human remains found in Bushland RL Phoebe Bishop. So yeah, it's it's so sad, like a teenager.
Speaker 1: Being you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Awful Bishop at the end of a month long search. That is a group of the nation that has discovered rugged Bushland earlier in the month has been formally identified. Police confirmed yesterday remains found near good Night Scrub National Park the Bunderberg region. Those are the missing teenager. It is a tragic, tragic story.
Speaker 21: Yeah, definitely. I just want to send my condolences out to the Bishop family as well too. I mean, you know, it's just so sad and like a teenager gone missing and you know, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: That's very kind of just thanky much, that's very kind of you two mentioned that we will do this and lovely if you two will highlight that for us on the program, we will do this break when we come more of your calls, anything you would like to raise on the program. We're having a bit of fun Wednesday night edition of the program where you know and Lovers Australia overnight. I should say that coming up we've got antiques and collectibles now that's going to be just after two o'clock this morning, Rick Milne will be joining us all part of the program that's after two right here three at W five A and six PR in Perth. Good morning, lots of things to talk about as we go through the morning together. As I mentioned, Rick Milne will be here very shortly for antiques and Collectibles that will be in the hour Afternox, so in the two o'clock hour. For those in South Australia that will be half an hour earlier and for those in WA that will be from midnight your time for Rick Milne Antiques and Collectibles. Jimmy Zabo on this morning too, which is always a bit of fun with Jimmy Zabo, who's the exec producer for Jackie Felgate's program. Here on three a W. Dick Smith became the first person on this day, first person to cross Australia and he did it in a hot balloon. He landed in northern New South Wales. The year was nineteen ninety three and the flood time was just over forty hours, so an average speed of just doing the math there at ninety k per hour and the year for that for the wonderful Dick Smith nineteen ninety three. Anybody play golfer? There are any golfers in the audience. He ever played the golf. Tiger Woods won his not his third, not his fiftieth, but won the one hundredth US Open and broke several golfing records in the year two thousand. On this day, in the year two thousand, he completed the Golf Grand Slam. He won the British Open, became the youngest player to compete a career Grand Slam. Also broke every other Marjor Golf Championship record when he won fifteen shots ahead of the rest of the field. What an incredible player he was at a pretty young age. The wonderful time the Woods. It is a stranger overnight. I'm Tony mc good morning.
Speaker 4: Now this is a straggling open eyes with Tony McManus.
Speaker 7: Every generation.
Speaker 10: Blames the one before.
Speaker 2: And all of their frustration.
Speaker 6: Convening on your door. I know that I am a prisoner to all my father husshold. I know that I'm a hostage to all his hawks and fears. I just wish I could have told him in the living more complements of paper feel with imperfect thought still to conversation. I'm afraid that's all.
Speaker 16: With not.
Speaker 5: You say it.
Speaker 10: Just don't see it, he says, it's perfect sense. You just can't get agreement.
Speaker 5: And this present tense.
Speaker 6: We don't talk a different languages talking.
Speaker 22: In me.
Speaker 5: Say lies, won't say as a well, yes to way.
Speaker 9: Go.
Speaker 5: When we die, we don't see.
Speaker 10: Too sure we open up a quarl.
Speaker 5: Between the present time the past.
Speaker 4: We only sacrifised future.
Speaker 5: Some better.
Speaker 22: That's the last.
Speaker 5: So don't get to the chambers. You sometimes see your spades. If I may have a new perspective all a different day, and if you don't get it and don't will be being a by Just be ca said, he said to say said saying tell you as well shore.
Speaker 6: Because he's doing it's tony. When we die, we don't say.
Speaker 23: To about day.
Speaker 8: That morning.
Speaker 7: When my father passed away, didn't get to tell him.
Speaker 5: All the things I had to say.
Speaker 6: Think got called a spirit later that saving sure I heard his echoed and my baby's new volunteers.
Speaker 5: I just wish I could have told him, been the baby say say.
Speaker 6: Swell last put.
Speaker 5: It's to it. It's time.
Speaker 2: When we die, queen, tell you what radio presenters were permitted to have favorites. I reckon as a song that is so good The Living Years. Mike and the Mechanics come and join us as open line one, double three six nine three. It's a bit chually, so we're maybe people not up for a chat quite as much this morning. Plenty of room, you'll get through straight away. We have a bit of fun usually on a Wednesday morning. Well we try to have a bit of fun most mornings, really. But if you could change one thing, if you could change, think about this for a moment, if you could change one thing about the way you were raised, what would you change. If you could change one thing about the way you were raised, what would you change, if anything at all? And the other one that somebody sent through, what's something about you that surprises people when they first hear it's something about you? Or you can share with our audience, what's something about you that surprises people when they first hear it? You know how, sometimes you might know somebody or somebody shares a little story and you go wow, I had no idea that was the case. It's a bit like the idea of I've always said hello, how are you? And they go well, and you go, how are you really and then they tell you how they're really going, And that's where the DNA of the story can live. One double three six nine three. There's a couple of things for you to consider. What's something about you that surprises people when they first hear it? And I love this one though. If you can change one thing about the way you were raised, if anything, what would you change one double three six x nine three. Lots of things that are given the front page of the Age just come through. Iran and Israel have rammed up their missile attacks in the world, waiting to see what action the president takes Donald Trump will take after leaving the G seven summit in Canada a day early because of intensifying hostilities in the Middle East. Well, it's tense, to say the least. David, our friend in Israel, senter text just before the news at the top of the hour. There we are being bombed, he said, then finished they shot over eight missiles. Safety authorities are reported no serious damage. And another one from Jen. Hello, Jen says, thanks. Tony mcfittt talking about the siegment about AI, But what about the destructive side of things like AI? For example, banks pretty much now have a stack of information for maybe young people wanting for a loan, first home loan, and they've all this access to all kinds of things like medication. Even our conditions for these poor people are judged by whether or not they get alone. All those things that go into that factor. Well, there is that too, There's no question. But that's the world in which we now live. What we do about it or what will be done about it? If anything, God only knows jen is the answer. I don't know either. James in Adelaide, Good morning, good ton Here you go, David, good morning to you in Mount Waverley.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hello, Tony.
Speaker 2: You been where you've been?
Speaker 12: I've been hiding, brother, I have been a bit under the.
Speaker 2: Weather, just a feeling a bit gloomy or not well.
Speaker 12: Boats brother, the bit of boat, a bit of a black dog. You know, he's decided to rock up and give me a bit of our time.
Speaker 2: He hovers around for sure, There's no question yeeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah. As I was just saying to Jay, I had the garage broke it into yesterday morning. Oh god, and the Project Mercedes has gone.
Speaker 2: Say that one more time.
Speaker 12: They stole what they stole, the Project Mercedes that I was doing up. You're kidding me, David, I'm not Tony. It's the one that's got all the holes in the in the quarter panels and everything. Yeah, they decided it will take the lot, lifted it all off and took it away.
Speaker 2: And this would have presumably happened what overnight.
Speaker 12: Yeah, about two o'clock. Yeah, at this time yesterday morning.
Speaker 2: Didn't hear a thing, and didn't hear a whisper, didn't hear anything any cameras.
Speaker 12: No, luckily, No, I'm not happy about that. That's the next projector to give them cameras installed.
Speaker 2: And any idea without going into all the juicy details, how they would have would they they have stumbled across that? Do you think it was targeted? What's the feedback that You've had.
Speaker 12: No feedback as such from constaborary at the moment. But I just think they were just being.
Speaker 2: Opportunity opportunistic where they didn't they probably didn't even really know necessarily that was there.
Speaker 12: But basically yeah, yeah, yeah, and the big Jack Russell dog didn't even hear him. Normally she does hear everything that days days past the house and she's up with her accles going, but not not this time.
Speaker 2: And how did they get in?
Speaker 12: They just lifted the garage door. It was an old see it was an old fashioned garage door BND where it doesn't lock. Ah, right, So it's about nineteen fifties to nineteen fifties green roller door.
Speaker 24: So the.
Speaker 2: I mean it's worth is worth a little bit. But it was a great project on which you were working. Yeah, presumably if they've got to if they were, you don't think they were targeting. They wouldn't necessarily know what that was, or would they.
Speaker 12: No, I don't think they know what they've got. But then it's not saying to Jay it's full of holes. It's full of holes, Tony. I mean, it's like Swiss cheese everywhere. So it's possibly go for scrap. I'll probably get about one hundred bucks for for it for scrap. That's about it.
Speaker 2: I wonder why. I wonder why they thought, Oho, this is a good idea with you know, you can't understand maybe tools and things that they might be in the garage and let's say we'll grab them and will run. But they would have taken a fair bit of work, presumably.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's on casters and it's on a on a retissary. It was on a retessary situation, so it was on the casters h. It's fairly easy just to push it out through the out, through the garage and out into the street and lighted.
Speaker 2: Up on the a trailer gee insurance.
Speaker 12: No, because the vehicle's too old.
Speaker 9: M h.
Speaker 12: So sorry, mate, No, don't be sorry, Tony.
Speaker 2: These little dicks that.
Speaker 12: Get I'm actually glad they No.
Speaker 2: No, I thought it was a project that you were looking at and enjoy Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was enjoying it. But unless I said to you once, it's been soda stripped and everything all like that, and I've seen all the holes. No, no, no, no, no, you know, so I'm happy to have another.
Speaker 2: One, so you're not too devastated.
Speaker 12: In other words, no, I'm not devastated about it. I've still got some parts left over and stuff like that. But as I said, I'll go look for another one.
Speaker 2: Now, what color was it? Just because I've got a text you from Robert said, what should be looking for in the event that it turns up? What color was it?
Speaker 9: It was?
Speaker 12: It was stripped back to its bodyshell.
Speaker 2: Okay, so just bare bones.
Speaker 12: Bones color, you know, just the bare bones, heaps of holes in the quarter doors and the doors panels. Every panel had a hole.
Speaker 2: In it, little buggers. I know when the people came into the garage late last year, they it was so random. And then we had some footage showed the police, and the police said, we know who they are, and they can tell by the way they walk because this is not their first circus, and so then they can look at the footage and they know exactly who they are. But as we know, there's very little they can do.
Speaker 12: Can I ask a question, Tony, Possibly you might not be able to answer it.
Speaker 2: If I cant, someone else will.
Speaker 12: It's a situation is if someone smashes a window, like a car window, and a dog is it's technically released and accidentally bites that person. Are you liable for it?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 2: What the so the dog's in the car? You mean?
Speaker 12: No, the dog isn't in the car. It's in the street unleashed and attacks the person and grabs him by the backside and bites him.
Speaker 2: And what's the car got to do with it?
Speaker 12: Well, the person is breaking into the car.
Speaker 2: I'd say go the window. If we're me, i'd go go Reny.
Speaker 12: No, I just had that in mind.
Speaker 25: Go any yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: But whether or not he's ho I would see it that way, I don't know, but you know, it's a year.
Speaker 12: Just quickly, just quickly Darwin this weekend. My friend and she who must be obeyed and who is the Minister for Finance, said yes or no. The community says.
Speaker 2: No, computer says no, we're not going to dar and no. I know Dennis work throughund w. Last night had a fantastic call from a person who had just gone up there ten days. It took him to drive up there with the caravan and all the bits and pieces, and it was a wonderful call working doing some work with her daughter and doing some mining and washing and things because the daughters had some you know trouble with the kids. I think reading between the lines or working with the kids and then working during the day. Anyway, it was a lovely phone call and I just thought, well, I haven't been to Darwin either, but it was once one of those things that's certainly on the list.
Speaker 12: Mate, you should get up there. It's absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 2: Particularly when there's a big event on like that. David keeps smiling. Look after yourself and we'll talk soon. Sure by one double three six nine three. It is a stranger overnight, James, I think we found you. We'll come back to the other side of this. Interesting the text David's stolen projected car. If he does more cars, this is a really good text, says to considered using the product an Apple air tag. It's a very good point. Hid in the console of my size of a twenty cent piece and will show location anywhere in the World's a very good point. Thank you, James Adelaide, We found you.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Good morning, Tony, Tony.
Speaker 26: The federal election was in third of May this.
Speaker 2: Year, correct, earlier this year? Correct?
Speaker 26: Yeah, yeah, the federal one. I've driven past pig billboard on the corner of George tree is Terrace port ride in the city allowed, you know that part of town should not There's a big billboard of Clik Palmer's by one trumpets or whatever it says. We're in Germany.
Speaker 11: The election was finished.
Speaker 26: Why is that still up in Germany?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who, So that's a very good point. Who is it that's actually responsible for removing them? Is it the the brand themselves or whoever erected them at the front end?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 26: Well this billboard is probably about four stories high. That's it, you know, it's it's it's way up and it's on the Do you remember the squads Arms Hotel in Adlai.
Speaker 2: No, No, not necessarily, not necessarily that doesn't jump to mind point of that. So it's a really massive billboard, is it.
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 26: Yeah, Yeah, it's huge.
Speaker 27: Job.
Speaker 26: It's in the carpack of the old Spots Tell yeah, which has been closed, which has been closed for many, many years, and so it's just sitting there and you know, it's boarded up, you know, and graffiti and.
Speaker 8: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm thinking, I'm thinking that they probably don't own that. The there would be an owner of that particular board and it would be their responsibility. And if they they've got nothing to replace it. They haven't got another client, if you like, or another advertiser. They just leave it there until such time as they do.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and before anyone rings up and says, James, what's he talking about? There is two sides of it, so you can you can see it from heading from East Terror side onto Port Raid and if you're coming from Board Adelaide, you'll see a different, different advertising on the other side of it.
Speaker 8: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: On both sides?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, there's two sides.
Speaker 2: So yeah, whether you're going backwards or whether you're driving forwards, you can see it exactly. Yeah, disappeared, dropped him out. Uh pete, hello, hear me now, Alad and clear, you're obviously no longer mobile.
Speaker 1: Stop now just off lading, don't I sort of talk about what's happening with the rails in the Iran?
Speaker 28: Thanks? Mate?
Speaker 1: He he used to work for a company, used to do the missiles for you, for Israel.
Speaker 20: He asked me.
Speaker 1: I think it was twelve thirty years gal I was working for And what was it?
Speaker 2: What was his role, Peter?
Speaker 1: It was a I'm electronic engineer exactly exactly what he was doing. But he was flying up and down to test him and test him all that, and he goes back. Then he used to cost about four hundred pop each time they fired one. It costs four hundred pop.
Speaker 12: How much hell?
Speaker 2: Sorry, how much you pop?
Speaker 1: Four hundred thousand each one? Each missile there used to I'm intercept another thing. Missul used to cost four hundred thousand each one A lot of money, a lot of money.
Speaker 12: Saying that.
Speaker 1: The media is not really tell him the whole truth. What means he has he runs getting helped by another country, and you guys see what happened with America. How Donald Trump quickly got in his helicopter and left to g seven. His greatest fears, I think are coming alive, the fact that he can't control yellows superpower that's helping you run. Now, let's just hope Tony, this is not true. I just hope this is not true, because if it is true, I think we're.
Speaker 25: All in big trouble.
Speaker 12: With you.
Speaker 2: Sort of. It's really hard when I have not clear idea of what you're referring to. When you say another superpower you're referring.
Speaker 1: To work China, China, China's helping you discippline them with these missiles. The company he works for you set supply certain countries. And if other countries have got these missiles, uh, the couple other countries are making my China America. I think Spain makes some hegoes and us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, there was something in the paper about that on yesterday. Yeah, I happen to be Yeah, there was sort of assertions around that and those well yeah it's not new. Those those historic relationships and how they are intrinsic You're right there, how you're how they're intrigically linked, and it is quite fascinating how it all works. You and I are not part of that. I don't understand it. I guess most people don't understand it. But is an intriguing time.
Speaker 25: There is.
Speaker 1: They really think it's intrigued. You got the more scary thing.
Speaker 2: Look, you know, it's just intriguing. I'm not scared. I mean, these things all work out. I put you know, I get from where we use the word scared. There are people who can either be scared or be aware of what's happening in the world and beware of, you know, the possibilities around all that. I don't do you walk around, car, I'm really scared. Well, I'm not too sure what it is with your phone, but it's just dreadful, my friend. It well, it's what I'm telling you. It's just phasing and it's really quite dreadful. So I don't know where you need to move, just to jump to the left. Okay, it's still really shocking. Stay there, I'll put you back to Jay. Here we are, we have all this technology in the world. We can't get a decent phone call from board Melbourne one double three six nine three for Australia over night. Your call straight up to this. Lots of texts and I'll get to them in just a moment, Leo, good morning, good morning, all right, you know for a bloke who's just feeling a little what's the word excited about the world, Leo.
Speaker 8: I'm okay, tell you you got over it?
Speaker 19: Keny got over.
Speaker 2: Have I got Have I got over it?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You're going to talk to me about that Port Adelaide again, aren't you?
Speaker 19: Money?
Speaker 8: Jake?
Speaker 19: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's a bit like you've got a sword in your hand, Leo, and you just want to pierce my little heart through the eye. Order.
Speaker 19: Yeah, tell you, Tony. I have known that song for years and you're making yesterday morning. That sent me your dream on.
Speaker 2: Yes we reckon it was Dean, but we'll could send me the pillow there you dream on so down and I can dream on it too. And here it comes in five four three two.
Speaker 19: Martin.
Speaker 2: We think it was Dean Martin, but I'm looking the other side of the glass. He's just raced down to the studios. The three A W record library and found this sing along if you know the words, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I will.
Speaker 28: Send me a pillow that's your dreamer.
Speaker 7: Don't you know that I still care you send a fellow that you dream Yeah.
Speaker 28: So Darling ARCon dream.
Speaker 2: Vegs the question, really, would you really want somebody randomly just to send you a pillow that they've been using and sleeping on and then just send it to you so you can use it. I don't think so, Leo. I don't think that would be pleasant at all.
Speaker 19: Well, Tony, Tony, to be honest with their nature is nature. There's a lot of nice looking Gilbert I knew, and and George I didn't know, but you Gordon, I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 2: They send me day below for all the girls I've loved before.
Speaker 19: Tony, I just want to tell you something quick. You know you're talking about Bay Robin.
Speaker 2: Yesterday morning we were talking about the great mister Robin.
Speaker 19: Listen, Tony, I want you to get what I have to say to you. Now, Tony, tell you, Tony, I want to talk about ratsle Eva now now little of this now. Rassali. He won his first member on seventy one. Yep, he won it again in seventy four, he was running up in seventy five, he won in seventy six, he was running up in seventy seven, and running up in seventy eight. Went in the Melbourne paper North Melbourne for one season, he did, and came back and won again ninety eight he won four three times runner up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was pretty incredible. And he used to come in and he'd sit with Ken and he'd sit with Cornsey and we planned he come in and do a bit on the five double A back in the day and it was almost intimidating having in that room. He was just quite an amazing personality.
Speaker 19: Did he work in five double A?
Speaker 8: Did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, Here I think I heard James saying that, yes, the morning he worked in five double Oh I didn't know that time. I never heard. You're gonna be honest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I was, you know, I was just working with Ken pretty much and doing a bit with Barry, with Barry Ian and Tony Pilkington in the Brickie programs, sitting.
Speaker 19: In and then another thing came in that then I'll go. Now listen to this Tony he had nineteen seventy nine went and played for North Melbourne and rum Bass. He was a coach and heven that he used to fly to Melbourne. He didn't train with the North Melbourne team. He used to train with port La then fly over Friday to play with North Melbourne. You know what I mean, Tony, and he ain't tame. But you mightn't believe this. Russ Leban. When he played for North Melbourne, he had more kicks, more hambled, more tackled, and then he had a player that played the North Melbourne team.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 19: No, that's fair. And he was thirty years old when he went over.
Speaker 2: He was no longer a chicken, but he was still playing some really great football.
Speaker 8: Leah, yeah, and not a thing too.
Speaker 19: I got up, I really really, I gotta be honest, right, I know, I'm a grown man, but I did. In my island.
Speaker 11: Buffel died.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did. Yeah, it was much love. Suddenly.
Speaker 19: It took me a few well, I still I got over for the first few weeks.
Speaker 26: Really.
Speaker 19: You know, when you look at a person that'd say, rightlieve, or somebody's really pitt and strong and everything, you think I'll live to one hundred, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a very good point. And he was, I mean he he looked like a cigarette. He was just you know, the epitome of health and enthusiasm and yeah, and so you just a great point, Leo. You just know when we really don't know when you're.
Speaker 19: Numbers another thing three times and I'll go when he when he when he first started with Porto after three or four years, Foster Williams had to make him throw down at training?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 19: If I believe I don't know who I'm going to get a lot of people know that that has made him flowing. He used to he trains, how he did it? Train?
Speaker 29: What is it?
Speaker 19: When he played? And what magic? Frying being the froze.
Speaker 2: Little bit you go, Leo? Do you still do you ever get to the footing?
Speaker 10: Leo?
Speaker 19: Oh? Not now day day that year when I was young, Dana want to wake ports everywhere that you know they made the way they play when once not there they had Danya. I like to listen to it on the radio and some time.
Speaker 2: Well when I come over, Leo, you and I love it, cup and we'll go to the forty together.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I want to no, I want you to come and I want day to come.
Speaker 2: To Okay, we'll both go and we'll all go to the forty and.
Speaker 19: I'll get my and I'll get my wife. You know, I'm telling him background. My wife is tell him background. But we're both Boardy, I'll get and make a mate. You and Jay.
Speaker 2: Latagna, Lasagna, beautiful, Charlia Tya, jo LEAs In Adelaide water character crazy Tony the news coming out of China that we see our screens near missus road crashes and goes on, thank you for that, Maggie, Tiffy. Yes, Dean Martin. Dean Martin right again, and Rob says, do you think China might well be sitting back and seeing the other parts of the world using their arsenal of weapons and then just look around and go We don't have to do anything. We'll just sit here and watch and learn, learn and watch what everything else is or what everybody else is doing around the world. Who knows is the answer, but it's certainly intriguing times. We will look at this and when we come back your calls come and join me. One double three, six nine three. I look at the text as well. If you're sending a little note, you can do that. Zero four double seven six' nine three six nine three. Emails have we got play them overnights at THREE w dot com dot a You rick miltone will be here next thirteen point five minutes for antiques and collectibles in the. Meantime so think about it while you're lying in bed or you're getting up and you're making a, salada maybe A jats biscuit with a piece of cheddar cheese and just a little half a teaspoon of, honey the very best honey that you've got in the fridge or in the. Drawer put that, on and then think about what you may have sitting in the. Garage think about what you've got sitting down on the top of the draw. Down think about what might be sitting on top of a cupboard That Rick milne will jump on all over the other side of the. News what do you got For rick?
Speaker 18: Anything nothing in this. Stage but you're just mentioning. Honey we've got neighbors who have their own little honey h hobby that they. Do we just picked up a tub.
Speaker 2: Yesterday it's beautiful.
Speaker 30: And they're very.
Speaker 2: Good they've got the better. Scooters, yeah how many you know the? Whips whips around.
Speaker 9: The.
Speaker 2: Bees are they there as? Well the?
Speaker 18: Bees, yeah they but two on site and then just down the road's property they have about twenty boxes.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous and they sell or just donate they.
Speaker 18: Sell, yeah they put up that all sign on the weekends and people come over and by their produce of.
Speaker 2: Honey sounds neat. Significant now to, You, jay while we're waiting for some calls one double three six nine, three IF i are you familiar With Canva.
Speaker 18: Canva, Canva, yes the online application that Is, Yeah capital C a ENVY A.
Speaker 2: Canva that's. Correct now for those Around australia who may or may not necessarily be aware of What canva. DOES i think it's often described as one of the most successful startups graphic design software businesses of all. Time and It's. Australian that's.
Speaker 18: Correct it's, great it's very. Handy in, fact if you can see that through the, window, there it is.
Speaker 2: There, there it is. There so you've downloaded The canva app the app on my phone right? Now MAY i ask you politely what you pay for The canva app to have that to use the programs that you use for your.
Speaker 18: Socials, YEAH i roughly pay about nine dollars a month For Canva basic, subscription you can go to the entry level and all that sort of entry.
Speaker 2: Level so that would produce for you some little bits and pieces that you put in your social media. Pages and then you can also Use canva for things like could you do a birthday?
Speaker 18: Card oh, yes, YEAH i mean if you have your own, business you can do lots of. Invitations you can do your own or for your nine dollars, subscription well for a bit, more you could put a lot more on the scope of.
Speaker 2: Business but front page of The Thin, review and IF i, said what would you Imagine canva might be worth as a as a going? Concern AS i used to, say so this is this is a street talk in the Fin review can reveal that The canvas, founders this Is Melanie, Perkins Cliff. AUTOBACK i think in The Cameron adams discussing secondary sell down with a few key. Shareholders so, essentially what would you imagine that might be worth that business that we know As Canvas Ballpark. Ballpark i'd be looking at five to ten. Million It's Australian, Astra, Australian Australian, well you, know it was Still. Australian i'm assuming it, is BUT i can't answer that. EMPHATICALLY i don't think it's like an artist or anything like. THAT i don't think anyone's bought it just. Yet what would you? Know it's up for, grapes so they think they're thinking about. It are you going to go thirty?
Speaker 10: Million?
Speaker 31: Ye?
Speaker 2: Higher higher? Prices? Right one hundred? Million one hundred? Million did you say? Higher? Oh my, Goodness australian.
Speaker 18: Dollars australian. Dollars, oh come, on it's Not it didn't take it. Much you'd be pushing the, billions wouldn't.
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Really, yeah my. Goodness how many? Billion well at least, one maybe two two? Billion you're going to go two billion. Dollars you'd like to be able to buy it for two?
Speaker 2: Billion according To Front, page it could be as much as could be as much as forty nine billion forty nine billion dollars, valuation in a deal widely expected to be the last share sale as a privately held. Company there you, go as sources, Said canva would facilitate the share sale on behalf of early employees Before, Christmas still early days before yet to finalize a. Deal forty nine. Bill, well even if that's out by in terms of, possibilities let's say it's out by, half so you're still looking at a lazy twenty something built twenty five billion. Dollars you know you have one, billion you have you, two you have you. Five there's a lot of money to be shared amongst and IT'S i think it's a little thing that started pretty much in a literally in a. BEDROOM i think he is the. STORYLINE i read that. Correctly it's a wonderful. Story lots of text coming. IN i would definitely change myself about how much we used to go the knuckle as young. Fellas REMEMBER i asked the question things that you would change from your early days as a younger. PERSON i definitely changed myself about how we used to go the knuckle as a young. Person we grew up in a rough suburb Of perth and my brother AND i were always drilled into us By, dad he who hesitates. LOSERS i Know dad was just saying us to teach us to, survive but it wasn't. Right we ended up pretty good at, it but don't get me, wrong violence is never the. Answer good on your, Benny thank you for. That read the stolen project Car Tony. Mack if he does any more cars considered that product The Apple air. TAGS a couple of people have mentioned that it's a very good, point The Apple air Tag. Tiffy good morning to, You. TIFFY a police helicopter flying near and over around The South merangue. Area thank you for that heads. Up and if the dog bites him on your, property it is okay as he is defending the. PROPERTY a good luck with. That if he bites him off your, hand if he bites him off your, land you could possibly be charged with assault A, Carol thank. YOU i have no idea how that works with an. ANIMAL i suppose you don't want your dog doing damage to? Anybody really is the ideal those, situation but who? Knows it happens probably on a regular. Basis much of it doesn't get to. Reported we love our. ANIMALS i often wonder about the, idea, though of a taking an animal into a coffee shop and a, bar and you, know taking them into. Shops there are some shops presumably that you go, into but restaurants and, things AND i know they sit. Outside but then you might have two or three. Dogs they are all trying to do have a bite to eat or a, drink and they yap, up yap, up, yup you're trying to read the. Papers, well they can go Into bunnings now. TOO i think they can walk along trying to find a new toilet seat with you with a. Shepherd any idea where the toilet seats are, Go, Rennie we'll do this break when we come. Back one double three six nine. Three that will be the phone number two for the Great Rick. Milne we love, Trash Rick Milner antiques and collectibles coming up in the next. Hour good story ON cnn they talk about the food a giant known as Craft, hins and the story is that food giant Craft heins will now remove all artificial. Colors artificial colors from brands as synthetic food dies face renewed scrutiny from. Consumers in The Secretary ROBERT. F Kennedy JUNIOR'S Us department Of Health Human, services the maker Of, produta craft mac and Cheese Heinz. Ketchup what do they call?
Speaker 32: It?
Speaker 2: Ketchup anybody know why is it called? Ketchup in The United, States Jello caapri's son and other brands announced all part of the, group of course On. Tuesday that's the time will remove synthetic food coloring from all of its foods sold in The United states by the end of twenty twenty. Seven the company also said it will not release any NEW us foods with artificial. Dies come and join us here of the cyber of the news, games the, newsroom and then plenty of time you will calls a four Milne antiques And collectibles won double three six nine.
Speaker 4: Three Is australia overnight with tiny McManus.
Speaker 2: Looking at these wonderful emails that come. In if you're sending an, email you can do. That it Is overnight's at three aw dot com dot. Au andrea writes this was in relation to a question that came up earlier about the relationship between the dog and whether or not a dog on a lead and or off a lead is breaking a law if it happens to bite. Someone and Then andrea Says Tony, maker if a dog is off leash bite, someone even breaking a car window on the, Street so it just happens to be off the leash and bite someone who is actually presumably committing a. Crime the dog is at large and the owner in fact then becomes liable for a, fine which sounds. Weird let's do this here we. Go we love, Trush Rick mill name seeks and collectible five o'clock that won't.
Speaker 33: Work and then old towel la, Pall i've broken umbralla a rusty from bone AND i am feel late in the soul of L i love and because they're, Trash oh love.
Speaker 2: Trash, now as we always say When rich is, here don't believe it last minute because you'll miss. It and we know because we saw some of the ratings numbers come. Through it gets very quite the first part of this hour and then cranks up in the second. Part and we don't necessarily get to. Everybody so if you have anything in your top, shelf anything that you would like to talk about With Rick, mill, now it's nothing near necessarily have to be about. Price more often or, not it's. Not so it's just really about the item to share what it. Is it might be a part Of australian, history it could be something very special to. YOU i think we're generally, speaking we encourage you to hang on to. It if it's something, gorgeous should wear, it news it on a regular. Basis Rick. Milne good, Morning.
Speaker 8: Good, Morning. Anthony Now i've got.
Speaker 2: This lovely thing THAT i was just reading during the news you sent, through AND i think it's just. Gorgeous looks like it's a telegram From victorian. Telegram it's? Dated is it? Dated i'm just trying to see? Twenties is it nineteen?
Speaker 8: TWENTIES a congratulately congratulatory telegram because you've bought A chevrolet. Car, yes it's just.
Speaker 2: Fantastic the beauty in. Lovely the spelling's not, great but we'll get away with. It miss Koeneg matoa have a listened to? This congratulations on your new. Car may it give you thousands of miles of pleasurable motoring in? Sure this is With Power chief And Texico Motor oil SOMETHING e THIRTY e thirty the correct grade for Your chevrolet all the. Way isn't it just a wonderful about?
Speaker 8: That that's a pretty. Weird, yes just.
Speaker 2: Beautiful it's a.
Speaker 8: Beauty god's, legitimate very grapidly mention of what's. On please do this Very, saturday which have caught us the, solstice the shortest day of the.
Speaker 2: Year thank, goodness thank. Goodness, YEAH i did the twenty, FIRST.
Speaker 8: I, think isn't It, yeah twenty first to Doing. Saturday, yeah and at The brotherhoods And, lawrence which is In bentley at five Eighteen Center, road just Neear. Wulworth they're doing a from ten to, four a big day of music, books, CDs DVDs for sale and including. It between two and, Four i'll be doing, valuations so if anybody'd like to come down there and say hello and we'll do a bit of. Evaluation it's all for The brotherhoods And, lawrence five Eighteen Center road And medley starts at, ten goes through at all, four But i'm on from two to, four.
Speaker 2: Go to till, four and that's coming. Up when the date is that.
Speaker 8: This Is saturday The, solstice this is coming.
Speaker 2: To monday's is Coming saturday the twenty. First that's.
Speaker 8: Now did you notice the very last thing That i've sent. You it's A Footballer's Dancing, Challenge the.
Speaker 2: Football Is Dancing challenge now. Year so this is the New arama.
Speaker 8: From nineteen thirty so everything old is new week.
Speaker 2: In The Footballer's Grand Dancing. Challenge look at, them look at, them very well known.
Speaker 8: PLAYERS i mean they're all you know we're very well known players at the. Time Ron todd who was a good, Player Albi panham was there from colling and so. Forth so can you believe in the nineteen thirties there were in these days of course you got all these footballs jumping around on the new dance programs and so. Forth so people are, saying, gee that's a bit. Novel no it's. Not they were doing it back in the.
Speaker 2: Thirties they were doing. It But i'm just looking at those. Names can you blow that up a little bit for?
Speaker 34: Me?
Speaker 2: Jay the names down there From South Melbournston. Kilda there's one there From williamstown, TOO.
Speaker 8: I Think Ron, todd, Yeah Derby MATTHEWS i think From South, melbourne and the whole sack of them down the. Bottom the last one Was Albi panham From collingwood and some others as. Well can you believe they and they would they. Were all the dance bands are all listed at the top as. Well but the people who were doing the putting on the, music but they were doing it in the, thirties so people of today, think, oh it's really, unusual fancy all these football players being doing the.
Speaker 2: Dancing grow Jos beck all those, years AND i love the way they outlined they. Go the following players have been nominated to represent their. Clubs it's.
Speaker 8: Nominated in other.
Speaker 2: Words get your ass down. There this is what you're doing is represent the. Club get down there, now start, dancing baby.
Speaker 8: Yep and all all of the local bands at the, top the names of all the bands that were, there.
Speaker 2: And just AND i don't know what you noticed too is sponsored by a couple of radio, stations THREE keysz In melbourne and the greater three U z.
Speaker 8: Yep noither quick there. Anymore, no they're. Not and do you know the only radio station and that's kept its calls that the same name all the way. Through there's only.
Speaker 2: One, Well i'm assuming THREE A w THREE aw it would.
Speaker 8: Be would be because we used to have at one stage three A r three L o three U z THREE dB three K z THREE X y THREE A k they're all. Gone what's the one that's still, there the one that sets on top and has done, forever long long.
Speaker 2: Time, well in those days two it was twelve seventy eight and then came back to six nine.
Speaker 8: Three that's, right it, was that's, right it.
Speaker 19: Was it's a funny.
Speaker 8: Thing did you know every radio station called every radio stations adds up to, nine every single one in the. Country is it nine or?
Speaker 2: Eighteen? Well what is?
Speaker 8: Eighteen eight and?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: Oh too? Good thank, you, yes thank?
Speaker 8: You eight, yeah, six, nine three.
Speaker 2: Eighty, two, fourteen fourteen twenty two which was fourteen two and two or fourteen twenty two was? Eighteen, yes yeph you, forget don't? You and there was SOME i Heard dennis talking about this on the program some time. Ago there was some odd reason for, us AND i can't remember why.
Speaker 8: Now, yeah because at one stage there were long ago they were they were every, ten you, know like it like it'll be eight eighty and eight, ninety that's what it. Was but then for some, reason rather it's that's how it's turned. Out and if it adds up to it adds up to either nine or adds up to, eighteen and of course eight and one is.
Speaker 2: Nine and Our perth listeners will be. Listening they listened on age eighty, two eight and eighty sixteen plus the two, eighteen eight eighty two six pr In. Perth you stay there will come back in just a. Moment want to talk more about this souvenir, astrade which also looks good from your old. Hometown we'll do that next and plenty of. Time the board is empty as we. Speak if you have anything you would like to, share, share you can do that right now With Rick Milne antiques And collectibles one double three six nine. Three don't leave us here by, ourselves because if you, do the programmer would then sound a bit like, this which we know is really really awkward because it sounds. Dreadful. NOW i don't know The Rick milner would know much about. This i'm sure he would because he's pretty. Smart he's been around her for, well now that you're in your early, Forties, rick you would have an idea of why it's called a. Ketchup In, america.
Speaker 8: They call it cats, up don't.
Speaker 2: They, well it's well to the. Ketchup the name, origin, apparently according To, david who sends a, note ketchup came from A chinese, dish which is a sauce made from pickled a. Fish believe the traders made their way To, england where they stayed in, inns often being called git chip in the local. Dialect so it's all linked into that in terms of what became their source of. Choice we just call It Tommy Tommy. Sauce how about that.
Speaker 8: Dead.
Speaker 2: Horse, yeah a couple of calls, here which is. Great thank you for those people ringing. Through you'll get through straight away one double three six nine. Three if you'd love to be part of. It ronnie In Burward Rick milne is. Listening go, ahead good.
Speaker 27: Morning, Hello i've just actually SENT i spoke to your producer and sent to may malt. Through i'm trying to find out who the artist. IS i think It's Robert. Cox i've got a couple of oil paintings that were left to me from an art that passed, away And I'm Robert Robert.
Speaker 8: Cox is that what you're, Saying, Ronnie, yes, okay Well i'll tell you What i'll do. It we're going to take me a minute to do, it but while we're on in the next five, Minutes i'll look him up in my huge, book which is about as big as one of the old time phone. Books and if he's, listed because if he's is he An australian.
Speaker 19: ARTIST i believe so.
Speaker 27: From like nineties thirties or. Something from What I've i've done a little bit a, recess not. Much BUT i was driving in the car on the way home AND i only joves him out like three or four days, ago and THEN i had this part of the program. COMING i, thought, Well i'm not keep your.
Speaker 8: Brain, Okay i've got the story On Robert. Cox i've found him. Already we've while you've been chatting.
Speaker 2: Away you listen to, This.
Speaker 8: Ronnie how about This Robert Bruce, cox he worked during the six seventies and. Eighties is offered thirty four paintings for. Sale and by the, way if you haven't sold a painting through public, auction you don't have, credibility and, therefore if you're In australian you'd have to have done. That he's done. That he's offered thirty four for, sale of which seventeen have, sold and an average price of four hundred and seventy one. Dollars so there you. Go that's his average selling. Price now he sold a couple for a bit, more but generally, speaking his price his highest price, ever by the, way was fifteen, hundred but his average selling price is for seventy. One so That's Robert. Cox that's the pace to. Start and If, ronnie if you would like me too give us a call in the morning after, ten And i'll put you in touch with a very good up dealer who'll be able to help be a bit more specific for. You so if you'd like to eat, Before i'll give out that number in a. While so grab yourself a pin in the meantime and we will stand here and keep.
Speaker 2: Listening how did you just to remind us, Again, ronnie how you ended up with these?
Speaker 27: THINGS i inherited him through An arnie who's passed. Away there we, go AND i was just going through like a couple of years And i'm, cleaning not tiding, up downsizing myself and, yeah come across these box and go to the beautiful thank?
Speaker 8: You have you got a? Couple got?
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 27: YEAH i mean they're obviously a set because and they just they're absolutely. Beautiful BUT i would rather than go to someone that's really done a.
Speaker 8: Word, well you're looking AT i guess you're looking at somewhere near one thousand for. Two that would be a. Minimum well that's an average. Price now yours may may be better than, that you. See so but if you'd like to give me a call after, Ten i'll give out the number in a While RUnni and they were very well to call.
Speaker 31: Me thank you so, much well.
Speaker 2: Done. Welcome, yeah it's a great call and it's nice to know you. Have i'm nice and Safely greg In shotdam, Morning good morning.
Speaker 8: Gentlemen.
Speaker 35: Greg top of the, Hour. Tony you've played marking The, mechanics so one of.
Speaker 2: Them it's a great. Song is the? Mechanics very?
Speaker 35: Much AND i have a request not, now but later on now To Rick dunlop tire. Ashtray dunlop tires.
Speaker 8: Ashtray. Yeah well they look actually they look like a. Tire that's exactly what they. Were and they had a glass astray in the middle of a rubber, tire a little tiny, rabbit well not, tiny but like a rubber tire ABOUT i suppose about in. Size about if you put your thumb out and your pointing finger the other. Way it's about that, size isn't it around about they sell these. Days they sell for about sixty sixty to eighty.
Speaker 35: Dollars, ah BUT i haven't got the original.
Speaker 8: Glass, ah you're just at the.
Speaker 35: Tire, yeah but there are ash trays that fit, IT i mean.
Speaker 19: Glass, yeah that's.
Speaker 8: Right well it actually came it did come with a glass that fitted into the into the the, tire so you should be able to get one of. Those just, yeah round amongst a couple of the antique center and say this is what i've. Got can you find me An australia that will go with? It you, know the glass bit that goes with?
Speaker 24: It?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay all, Right, greg thank, you thank you for that. Program greg.
Speaker 8: Gone speaking of, Astrays i've got. ONE i sent you one from my old, Hometown hamilton And Western. DISTRICT i went To Hamilton High school for five years and fell in love with four girls who none of them. Leaving they Didn't they did not even KNOW i, existed because you, know that was.
Speaker 2: My first radio, station three H A. Hamilton was it is that right In Gray? Street, well, NO i think it had moved. There it was a little it was just a, tiny little built well maybe it Was Gray, STREET i can't remember.
Speaker 8: Now it was on a on a. Corner AND i have to say that if you look very carefully at that, scene it's taken more or less from about where the radio station was looking Down, okay the main. Street how about that Little Gray street that's the.
Speaker 2: One, yeah you're, Right Gray. Street it was owned by The washington. Family Barry washington was the general manager's name no longer with. Us had a great voice and did a lot of work AT btv six In.
Speaker 8: Bellerat wasn't that A tv? Station it was a.
Speaker 2: GREAT tv station service to allers in these, areas like certainly Like hamilton in those. Days and they she had one down In.
Speaker 8: Gippsland two At terrelgon.
Speaker 2: Right at channel TEN, Glv.
Speaker 8: YEAH glv, ten and they had BU tv six and they had a lot of local, programming a.
Speaker 2: LOT i Think shepard and may have had.
Speaker 8: ONE i think they may have as well as.
Speaker 2: Well from, memory, YEAH i think you might be.
Speaker 8: Right you know the other, Two i'm aware of, those and they were they were doing programs that you didn't pick up in the. City that Was that was quite amazing really in a. Way but of course now it's all with.
Speaker 2: HOMOGENIZED i didn't know you were A hamilton. Boy so everything's connected in many many.
Speaker 8: Ways we have been a bit, connected haven't.
Speaker 9: We we.
Speaker 2: Have you were going to say About.
Speaker 8: HAMILTON i was just going to say about speaking the footy Thing i've got there's an absolutely it's kind of a double bugger in a, way it's a lovely image of A taa plane and all the ways that had laid football is a sort of on the on the post in front of the of the. Plane they've been on a footy. TRIP i reckon that's just a little, classic that, one, Right what would that have been?
Speaker 2: There why would they be using T a a brand in a place Like.
Speaker 8: Hamilton it's not from help and this From. West this is The West.
Speaker 2: ADELAIDE i beg your. Pardon i'm, Sorry, Okay West dad.
Speaker 8: Laid footy club and they'd gone on a trip and they took the. Plane so now we've we've we've, moved we've moved on From.
Speaker 2: Hamilton forgive, Me i'm, sorry BECAUSE i Think i'm right about. That Red ansat that was the home For. Anset Wasn't, hamilton.
Speaker 8: It was AND i actually still have a speaking of. That he had his depot behind the Local picture theater and he drove these little. Minibuses he had these little fleet of minibuses which ran, locally, well not just in the, town but down into other little parts of the World marino and these other little place A digby and so, forth and he used to that's how he started up driving one of these little little MANY i suppose you call them mini. Buses you, know you could fit about eight people. IN i suppose eight or ten. People and he And i've still got one of the original little cards that he that he put, out and that's where he. Started and of course the fame and fortune made him made himself a big shot and in, flying you, know that's where he started worked out pretty.
Speaker 2: Well did you ever get down to That Royal Male hotel in Dunk?
Speaker 8: KELD i don't think it's anything to do with.
Speaker 2: That Was Alan, myers who was a great Mister. Myers, yeah he AND I i haven't been to.
Speaker 8: It everybody who it's just a Spectacular we.
Speaker 2: Say hello To mike In. Newport Rick milne's listening to you make, Hello.
Speaker 36: Hick i've got a what did it?
Speaker 25: AN a four.
Speaker 36: Size it's on the front Of Test Cricket souvenir nineteen thirdenty gates and at the top it's got The agent and The, leader published By David cyber's about twenty pages and it has all the test matches In england and what you did with it you filled out all the scores and everything of each test and it's been written in ink like when a fountain pen or o yes were dipped in in a little pot of, ink that sort of.
Speaker 16: Thing and.
Speaker 8: It's on the.
Speaker 36: Back it has a diagram of all the fielding positions on the it's quite interesting measurements for cricket. Pitch but then each test somebody has still was.
Speaker 8: All eating on board it.
Speaker 36: Today market In dults was actually about those twenty thirty years ago And i've had it there all this tour and the lists different articles about LIKE. W. G Grace International cricket was a story also About Mullug's aboriginal.
Speaker 2: Team, yes so what do we need to know about that particular outfit?
Speaker 8: There Rick that's, great that is, good and it's. Amazing you, know in the earlier, times people would sit up and listen to the test matches From england and they'd have a cricket school book scorebook and they put all the little dots and then six or four or two whatever they, got and then are marked all along about how many runs a player got till they were out and how they were out and how many. Wickets the first amazing people people people just used to do, it AND i reckon it's, great AND i, reckon it's a beauty THAT i like very. Much AND i, reckon you get a couple hundred dollars worth that these days because it's such an unusual. Thing it's something of the, past and you, know it's a that's it's a past that's kind of long. Gone but you will find enough people that are. Interested older people, mostly it has to be, said but would be interested in such items such an.
Speaker 2: Item IF i said to, you thank you for. That IF i said to you one of those great cricket commentators at that, time you would instantly think Of alan.
Speaker 8: Mcgilbroy, yeah there it.
Speaker 2: IS i knew you'd get that straight.
Speaker 8: Away and what he used to do is a very very heavy smoker and he would he would do everything through, binoculars which are sort of on a, stand and he'd be, calling calling the cricket and smoking at the same. Time how did he do? That how would you do?
Speaker 28: It just get?
Speaker 8: It that's what he.
Speaker 2: Did and the bulls giving down and doesn't wonderful he.
Speaker 8: Was he was a terrific, commendator just.
Speaker 2: Absolute as a, kid we just couldn't get enough of that sort of. Stuff we will do this when we come. Back you all calls one, double, three six nine Three for those that are, Waiting, Adam, Mary, Gary jeff will come to you in just a. Moment look at this email. Too i've got to have a listen to This. Rick i've got a set of. Five it's spelled Here breswick Flying, ducks perfect, condition perfect. Condition Five breswick Flying ducks for the.
Speaker 8: And if you don't, mind, Umpire i've got that set. Myself AND i love. Them And tony and the B, Man kevin the Bee man lives over the. Road he's to. Be we've got all beehives around. Here we've got to be our, house and so does next, door and so does next. Door and he put them up and they are perfect to the quilliant of an. Inch it's an amazing. Thing they were numbered, one two three, four and you'd think five n, zero so people think they've got a lot when they've got, one two three, Four but the first one was actually numbered. Zero and they're very hard to find us. Five you'll often find them as three as. Five you're looking at about five or six hundred dollars, easy, really, yep WHAT i love. THEM i love those flying duck and we've got sea gulls with the wings. Up we've got. Swallows we've got a friend of mine who's got. Hummingbirds all. Sorts they did all manner.
Speaker 2: Of things and THERE i love them flying.
Speaker 8: Ducks people think they're, kitsch BUT i said The.
Speaker 2: Magnif that and a lazy boy cheer life don't get much. Better we're going to Do we're got to do this and when we come, off we're going to duck off one double three six nine. Three you'll Calls, Adam, Mary gary And. Jeff you'll be next With Rick miller And australia every. Night, Hey, rick you're going to love this if you've just joined. US a nice every company all Around australia For Australia, overnight the one and Only Rick Milne antiques And collectibles for those. Waiting promise you we'll come to you in just a. Moment good, Morning rick And. Tony my name Is Adam baraj AND i collect anything related To AUSTRALIAN. Tv this list of REGIONAL tv stations Of VICTORIA btv, Six, BELLARAT gmv, Six SHEPERDON bcv, Eight BENDIGO glv ten which became eighty nineteen eighty the one we missed out On RICK stv Eight, mildeura of, course and THEN amv Four aubrey and the one that probably just over the boarder gets missed out, occasionally but spent a bit of time there, Myself Mount, GAMBIA ses Eight Mount. Gambia and here's the Tag Tony mac for your. Interest Barry washington's, Son peter works in. NEWS i did not know works at news At channel nine here In.
Speaker 8: Melbourne how about?
Speaker 2: That isn't that a great? Story, well Little, PETER i reckon was A i. Reckon he may have even been a glint in the eye back in the, day but that goes back late, seventies So i'd have to connect With. Pete what a lovely. Story Adam ray through these calls In, Bentley Hello, adam go, Ahead Rick millen?
Speaker 29: Listening, Hello rick And? Tony how are you?
Speaker 9: We?
Speaker 2: Well thanks, You jane?
Speaker 25: Good how CAN i?
Speaker 8: Help? Adham, Oh i'm in a little bit of a.
Speaker 29: PREDICAMENT i started collecting many years. Ago has passed. Away NOW i don't know the spelling, exactly But i'll roughly tell. You he's a Lovely australian oil. Painter i'm pretty sure he worked in, oils but WHO i think should have a lot more, recognition though is well. Known you may know the. Name his name is from the. Country his name Was Wickham. PERRY i don't know if it's spelled What Wykham perry pey w h Y, k But, wickham which is an Unusual.
Speaker 8: I've never heard or metal with his last Name perry.
Speaker 29: Double r. Wy he painted all his, life so he died many years, ago but he was BORN i think he died in his eighties maybe. Nineties he won a lot of he won the road for, awards he won a lot of the local.
Speaker 8: Things he wasn't did you say his name is T e double r Y t For Tom.
Speaker 29: PERRY i know our first names Are wickham w, no, no no.
Speaker 8: No the last Name Perry. PERRY i thought you Said. Terry Or i'll just do a bit of a quick quick run on, him so IF i can find.
Speaker 29: Any, name it should pop up there because we can W i think it's w y. K we can with that like, hand but we, yeah that's.
Speaker 8: Exactly what it. Is he was born in thirty six w y k e H. Am he's offered seventy one paintings for, sale sold fifty five for an average price of five hundred and thirteen, dollars with the highest price of twenty two hundred. Dollars and he he didn't tended to do a lot of sort of country, scenes but he was a well known artist and born in nineteen thirty. Six so there we.
Speaker 29: Go, Well, RICK i tell You i've got in my little storage. Cage i've got him under. Blankets i've got cut along story SHORT i. Bought i've got about two hundred and fifty of his works of art in different sizes.
Speaker 8: On, canvas and and NOW i.
Speaker 29: Paid i'm not going to say the name BECAUSE i don't want to upset. Anyone but even though he's upset, ME i paid the individual for framing on top of the artwork many years.
Speaker 20: AGO i paid for the.
Speaker 29: Framing so he gave me sort of a deal BECAUSE i bought twenty at a, time thirty, time, fifty and THEN i bought you, know INITIALLY i started with one or two because they were hard to get my. Hands it's only BECAUSE i had a little bit of money from an. INHERITANCE i THOUGHT i was told to, believe made to believe that this man's art well skyrocket in the. Future SO i, Thought i'm going to grab the more they're, available AND i knew a man who was dealing directly With wickham at the, time SO i bought a.
Speaker 8: Might, says yes you, Do adam is to take my phone number down And i'll put you in touch with a good art dealer or an app a very reliable. PERSON i might. Say i'm very careful WHO i, recommend and if you take my number, Down i'll give it out after the next. Caller so you grab a pen in the, meantime give me a call after ten o'clock, today ten o'clock this, morning And i'll be happy to chat with you.
Speaker 2: Further well, Done. Adam it's a great little piece you've got, there a few more than just a few. Pieces, Mary Kangaroo, island good, Morning.
Speaker 22: Yeah, hello how are you?
Speaker 2: Well thank?
Speaker 9: You? So? Hello?
Speaker 37: Rick, Hi, rick how are?
Speaker 13: You i'm going?
Speaker 8: Fine, Hack we're.
Speaker 37: So WHAT i just wanted to. Know we've got a men's A saiko men's watch achronograph titanium one.
Speaker 19: Hundred how are you?
Speaker 2: Talking what? Brand stainless? Steel, yes strap or? Bracelet is it leather or is it a bracelet? Bracelet Bracelet and it's got sako on the on the little. Clip, yes it has what color is the?
Speaker 37: Dial like a brownie? Color brown, gold sort of.
Speaker 2: Edged, yeah Gorgeous and what age do you think it might be?
Speaker 24: Merry we don't.
Speaker 37: Know it's A lion's up shop and we're just with somebody told us it might be, valuable so we.
Speaker 2: Thought it a, hm, WELL i have to look at the condition of any marks on, it any scratches it badly badly. Damage it was still pretty smart, Looking, no.
Speaker 37: No very smart. Looking, yeah, yep no problems with.
Speaker 2: It would be a lovely little. Piece do you wear, It?
Speaker 37: Mary, no, no, no it just came into. Shop, OH i just want to move it on your seat the lines club op.
Speaker 9: Shops.
Speaker 37: Yeah we just don't quite.
Speaker 31: Know what to do with.
Speaker 2: It, yeah, Yeah, MARY i, Could i'll tell. You I'd i'd love to get a photo of, It, mary would be a really interesting thing to have a look.
Speaker 8: At oh, right would you like to put an approximate price.
Speaker 2: Tony, look you, know depending on the age of it and the model anywhere between for that sort of, thing anywhere between sort of forty five through the you, know one thirty one forty round that price. Point, well there you.
Speaker 8: GO i would Be i'd Be i'd be looking at somewhere towards one.
Speaker 2: HUNDRED i, Reckon, yeah it would be fair around. There, Yeah, mary good luck with that.
Speaker 8: Sender if you Get, Mary you're very welcome to call me anytime about such. Things i'm always happening to do valuations.
Speaker 11: For the op.
Speaker 8: Shops AS i, Said i'm doing a bit of A sorry sorry get the name, wrong but certainly if you'd like to do, That i'll give you up the number in a, minute and you're very welcome to give me a.
Speaker 2: Ring if you'd like To mary send a little. Picture you can do that overnights at three A w AND i love looking at for you as, well And i'll send it Onto rick overnights at three aw dot com DOT. A you will do this when we go Back, Gary melbourne And jeff Birth greg will come to you very. Surely it's all part Of Australia. Revenue kevin join. Us you can be part of it as. Well we'll roll through some of these In. Melbourne, Hello, gary say hello To Rick. Milne, rick and Hello.
Speaker 30: Hello WHAT i initially called up with that was just you said that three H a was on the Corner. Gray i've always ever known it to be In, brown straight that halfway.
Speaker 2: Down that Little, yeah that's that's WHAT i was thinking, too a little just a little one door at the front of the building.
Speaker 24: There, On, yeah next to the car.
Speaker 2: Partner, yeah that's the. One but prior to, THAT i think it was.
Speaker 38: On the corner.
Speaker 8: Bay was it In brown where The commodos was, on not far from The Primary skill sort of across the road and just up the hill from the primary.
Speaker 30: School, okay SO i had a bit of a.
Speaker 2: Movement, yeah but When rick was there was just prior To World war.
Speaker 8: Two, yeah, yeah, Yeah, YEAH i had a lot of radio back in those. Days people used to come in and.
Speaker 2: Perform, yeah they auditorium.
Speaker 8: Walters they weren't. Walters they one played the piano and one. Thing you wouldn't believe it during the.
Speaker 30: Day, yeah, anyway there Were, anyway just QUICKLY i did ALL i was. HERE i just had to remember a couple of. Things But i've got a promotional poster that was used for The Kiss dynasty. Album it was it's actually a sticker, though it's about a two paper. Side SO i was just wondering if that might have had any.
Speaker 29: Value did you get?
Speaker 1: It where did it come?
Speaker 30: FROM i got it FROM i grew up In alsta Near Elst Week park and there's a record store that was In Glen Hunley road just needs the. STATION i got it from. There and then just one other Thing i've actually. Got Darryl summers nineteen maybe two had a, show The Daryl Summers show on A tuesday.
Speaker 2: And A thursday.
Speaker 11: Night YES i.
Speaker 30: Knew the director managed to get tickets number one and ticket number two for the. ORDER i still hold. THEM i was just wondering if they had any.
Speaker 8: Value they might have a. Bit if there are people who do COLLECT tv, memorabilia it has to be said from everything for fan caves To we were just talking a bit earlier about some of the country COUNTRY tv, stations and there are people who collect in those. Areas so that's the. QUESTION i reckon those would be with twenty or thirty a, police that's my. Guest and on the other, gee that would be pretty. GOOD i would reckon a, hundred perhaps a bit.
Speaker 30: More it has got a tiny bit of. Damage that's got Where i'll put some drawing pins into it in the. CORNERS i look back on the, wall but.
Speaker 8: A bit of A, yeah that's. Right we used to do all those things and without even.
Speaker 2: Thinking thinking about.
Speaker 8: It but still if it's not too severely, damaged it would it be heading towards that price at.
Speaker 12: Least all, right all, right thank, you thank.
Speaker 2: You what a great cool in. Person W.
Speaker 31: A Hello, jeffrey hello the attorney and reck thanks for having me on your.
Speaker 8: Program i've spoke with.
Speaker 31: YOU i spoke here in four or five weeks, ago and Then rerick very kindly was chasing out specific could find people that might be interested in error model, magazines Which i'd collected Over.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it, is that's. Right, yes remember That i've got.
Speaker 31: One hundred and forty seven of, them dating back to nineteen forty nine and through the nineteen fifty nine some year some. Years there's seriplications obviously with a odd, number but they're in good. Condition But i'm really not worrying about.
Speaker 8: IT i just, anybody by the, way making a plan for. You anybody out there is is having a listen and would like more. Information maybe a good idea would be for you to stay on the, Line jeff and give give j your, details your phone number and contact and so. Forth and if anybody's. Interested were they in contact?
Speaker 2: Him good on, You. Jeff you staid that we're going to run out of time as we Always, Now, greg just another quickie from you In. Cheltenham, yes, yeah.
Speaker 26: The.
Speaker 35: Story It's RICK Pmg Postmaster GENERAL Pmg Postmaster general, yep and A yankee admiral ship came Into Sydney. Harbor h pulled in docked and requested the phone to be collect connected to the. Ship, yes red, tape go up to THE, pmg fill out a.
Speaker 8: Form oh, yes.
Speaker 35: Okay twenty four hours later the phone's.
Speaker 2: Connected So, greg we're gonna we're going to run out of the, Time, greg because we got a lot of. Calls so what is there a question in there For? Rick? Hello, Okay, greg stay. There we might come back to you in just a. Moment we might be on a different. TOPIC i Think Gavin portland.
Speaker 15: Morning, Yeah, Maddy i'm gonna steal came blankety.
Speaker 39: Blanks one was still the lemonade and that?
Speaker 19: Dinner what what's the what's the? Brand it's a blankety blanks THE tv, show but.
Speaker 23: It's a Can.
Speaker 15: A.
Speaker 2: Show it's great blankety blanks With. Graham oh what do you?
Speaker 8: Reckon what do you, turning you, know for.
Speaker 2: Anybody passionate ABOUT tv, memorability as you, said it could be Worth god or, anything if anybody Worth, yeah at LEAST i would have thought for something a bit that. Specially, yeah something a bit that special sounds. Wonderful we'll do this when we. Come things to you Were rick might be looking, for and plenty of. Carse we're just not going to get to the ball, now which always. Happens so unless you want to hang around for another five or, ten we can do that as. Well we'll look will reconvene the other side of, This Rick. Milne great text, here just reminding us any in seven zero seven g L V. Gippsland keith McGown once worked did a bit of telling g L v In. Gippsland he did the.
Speaker 8: Boy DID i remember talking about?
Speaker 2: It he would often talk about that what are we looking? For we should point out that next week you'll be at one, o'clock which will be eleven o'clock w way time one o'clock for those on The eastern seaboard instead of the two, O'clock so we're putting you forward into the, period, yes which is. Great things you're looking.
Speaker 8: For looking for a few. THINGS i showed you a little thing Of Bernie. Brickkette now he was a little character who used to be On they used to do little ads with the Company Bernie. Brickette and somebody looking For. Bernie they did actually had a, cap would you. Believe and this person's looking for one of. Those somebody's offering one thousand dollars for a university football club membership. Ticket one thousand. Bucks, jeez that's a lot of. Money some Blueprint tuckfield's bird cards printing on the back in. Blue i've got people looking for those as. Well thefa memorabilia of all, kinds, memberships, cameras comics and wrate, books any of those you might have be able to help our. Clients zero four one eight three three nine one zero three.
Speaker 2: Eight hours time after ten O'clock victorian times zero four one they double three nine one zero three and we'll talk to you one o'clock Next wednesday. Morning Rick, milton that'd be.
Speaker 8: Fun i'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: That i'm looking forward to it. Too Rick milne is leaving the. Building.
Speaker 4: Now this is a Stradul ober night With tony.
Speaker 2: McManus you used to put that song on a little pub down In sebastopol and A friday and A saturday. Night you put that song on back in the. Days this is. Now we're talking mid Eighties friday night down this little pub and you put that on A Fergle. Sharky you put The Fergle sharky. On it was a big hit at the, time of, course and girls would come from. Everywhere we didn't even know there were girls in the, pub but they would come from, everywhere and just everybody on the dose. FLOOR a good something is hard to find the lyric and NOW i can't sing that lyric because it would have to be, reducted As ross would. Say but what a Song fergil shark sing along have been other, Words hey you, Go, Allison we'll come to you in just a. Moment and those people looking For rick's, number you can do that after ten this. Morning don't call him there because you'll be in nod zero four one eight double three nine one zeros three anywhere from Around australia after ten. O'clock for those in wa that would mean it's after. Right zero four one, eight double three nine one zero three is the telephone number after eight. O'clock your, Time why don't we do? This, no we'll go to well, Listen Hello, wellison good, morning good.
Speaker 22: Morning even hold that song for ages, afterwards.
Speaker 21: Bogles, yes so just a tiny.
Speaker 22: THING i just watched a movie it Called end Of watch With jake Gyllen, hall WHICH i think he's an underrated. Actor very, good very, good and this is really. Excellent it's like about police officers being on the beach and what they have to go. Through but my point, was you, know you hear on the news all the time about nurses and, doctors and you, know, oh we're, stressed we're short, staffed we've got no, resources we need more. Pay but do you know who needs more? Recognition announcers don't just shut up and get on with the. Job you never hear, them and you allow us say. Pitching you never hear them complaining about. Anything AND i think we should appreciate and honor them much.
Speaker 2: More we should, now speaking of, That, ellison next, Week i'm doing a fire operations of, course fire ops, okay and it's so Important i'm actually taking leave to do. It SO i THINK i Think simon's going to be in the, chair isn't? He on those Two pat's going to be sitting in the chair for those couple of mornings and doing a fire operations. Course oh that's been. Excellent SO i could come round to your house and hopefully save you.
Speaker 22: And i'll tell you.
Speaker 11: What you.
Speaker 22: Know you go to The Adelaide Royal show which is coming, out and they have the firefighter, calendar and there's this hot firefighter outside saying would you like a? CALENDAR i usually.
Speaker 2: Buy there you, go, well here's the THING i hope to be in next year's. Calendar, oh you will might. Rest i've even got my own hat with my name on. It i'm told By kate who's putting it all. Together you've got your.
Speaker 23: Hose you'll be.
Speaker 2: Right that's, it and it's a it's a very steady, Hose. Allison you know What i'm. Saying they said they.
Speaker 22: Send to be more, appreciated don't.
Speaker 2: They well they send, It, yes they. DO i don't want to make light of. That they do an amazing, work extraordinary. Job point of that story is they've sent me this form And i've got to fill out the, form Which i've. Done and you've got to guess the size of the. Pants you've got to guess the size of the.
Speaker 31: Shirt oh, WELL i suppose you just go.
Speaker 22: MEDIUM i wish.
Speaker 2: NO i went Extra, ALLISON i went extra. LARGE i WENT i went extra lunch all, right you, know just just in. Case but the whole weight it's something like nearly.
Speaker 21: Thirty.
Speaker 2: Kid by the time you put the, boots the hat and the helmet and the gear and the belt and all the, like you're walking around with an extra thirty. Kilos that's before you've lifted the.
Speaker 22: Hose you, know if they have the oxygen mask with the tank on, there all of that.
Speaker 23: Upstairs are you.
Speaker 8: Kidding met all up and going to be on the.
Speaker 2: Ladder, YES i. Know it's pretty pretty, rigorous and it's a whole day. Course BECAUSE i, thought, well you might start at, ten we're knock off for lunch and go have a bite to week round about court to. Twelve they, said, nap it's full on. McManus get yourrect together.
Speaker 13: For you that.
Speaker 2: Day, no none at.
Speaker 22: All i'll be interested to hear how it.
Speaker 21: Goes, yeah, Darling i'll let you.
Speaker 2: Know lots of emails coming. In dianella is sending a little note from Kill moore Or. DANIELLA i beg your, Pardon, DANNY i thank. You i've just seen. That get A tony. MACA i hope you're doing really. WELL i absolutely love listening to the program. Overnight that's very kind of, You. Daniella i've just sent you a couple of. Pictures this was given to me by my great, grandmother AND i know Her Auntie mazy board. It she used to work on cruise ships around the, world So i'm not sure where it came, from but my great grandmother didn't know. Either it's a hand painted with gold and other wonderful marking. Zone it looks like a, vase almost a. Gentleman you pass on the. Information tell you What i'll, do Because rick's obviously left. Us, well WHEN i say left, us he hasn't actually left. Us he's just no longer on the. Program he will be, here BUT i, will with your kind, permission tell you What i'll. Do i'll email that To. Rick. Dianella but look at that isn't. Gorgeous so there's one piece of the different pieces or the one piece looks like.
Speaker 17: This, huge.
Speaker 2: Beautifully hand crafted sort of, juger a very tall teapot if you can imagine handle on. It i'm a little tea. Pot it's your hand Stout, aristhma you know the. Words and another, cup matching, cap and another matching cap and another matching. Cap so three caps and that teapot looks absolutely colors are. Beautiful so, done And i'll flick that through to AND i have no doubt he will come back to. You apologies presenting that story the way long day have the have left the, Show Tony, greg thank. You one double three six nine three is telephone. Number come and join us the other. Side anything you want to raise on the, program if you just want to chat. Now you might be a caller Who you might be a listener who never calls. In why don't we call this first time callers for the next fifteen? Minutes first time callers next fifteen, minutes and we have a, Prize we have a brand New toyota. Lank we better not do that because somebody will, say, oh and you said we better not do. That but if we'd love to hear first time callers in this next fifteen minutes before the, Serial if you'd like to, now you might be a person, says, OH i could never call they'd be not interested in. Me you might be somebody who is living. Alone you might be somebody who has this amazing story to. Tell you might be a long term listener to THREE O w to keep me down the overnight program for. Years love to hear from you wond double three six' nine three for those All, around australia whether you be at THREE a w Here in melbourne OR The ace radio network Right throughout Victorian Into Southern New, south wales FIVE double a and adelaide OR six pr in perthever, you are wherever, you're listening you can jump on board and come and join the program this time of the morning one double three six nine three at text line zero four double seven six nine three six nine three AND for pr listeners just your normal open line talkback number one double three eight. Eighty two THE reason i mentioned all of that is we have a REGULAR contributor i just know him As A Rich, richard rich who has been in touch with the program, for many many many a Year and i'm always grateful because he sends bits and pieces of almost, research information stuff that, For example jay. Should Do, but, rich, sorry mate do you want to respond in a.
Speaker 10: Minute talking About?
Speaker 2: You gaves but he said a lovely piece ABOUT remember, i said what's the deal with? The ketchup Why the americans refer to this sink called? A Ketchup so, rich writes the word ketchup has a surprisingly glow ball so called. Fishy past its roots traced Back To, southeast ASIA which i think we. Alluded to that fermented fish sauce known as kissap kitaisipi kitsap popular among traders In the fujian Region. Of china this sauce made its way to europe seafaring merchants in the, seventeenth century Particularly through british sailors who encountered Places. Like indonesia the original kissip was nothing like the tomato based condiment we. Know today it was. A savory it was a liquid made from fermented. Fish brine, Over time english cooks began adapting the recipe using local ingredients, like mushrooms oh, my, god walnuts, eventually tomatoes. Eventually tomatoes the first known tomato ketscher recipe appeared In The united states early. Eighteen hundreds ketchup's Rise to american fame as a story, of, innovation industrialization and a bit of. Marketing genius early Nineteenth century americans began experimenting with tomato based versions of the original. Fishy sauce tomatoes abundant by adding vinegar, and spices, created tangy self stable Condiments suited. American palette it Wasn't Until Henry. John hines now there's a name ended the scene eighteen seventy six and eighteen seventy six and ketchup finally took Off and hides revolutionized the ketchup by standardizing the recipe of a consistent flavor And textra, glass bottles mass producing hygiene standards were all Built. In heinz ketchup became a Staple in american households for a dinaspairing perfect of the booming fast food culture. Twentieth century it was a cultural icon. The ago there's a little bit of interesting history to do with the idea of of ktship ktship first. TIME callers i don't, Think, so leane, Good morning.
Speaker 15: Good Morning to Tony. And jay gimme fountain tomato source, any day not.
Speaker 19: Catch up.
Speaker 2: We were always we were always. At Home and i'm not too Sure why dad would HAVE the hp.
Speaker 15: Oh WE had hp AS.
Speaker 40: Well hpd But, the english speaking of speaking, of you ASKED what i? Will change WHAT well i will someone would change about.
Speaker 16: Their upbringing it's.
Speaker 2: An, interesting question isn't it when you think about those, family traditions or if you could, change anything, you know if you change the one thing that you, were raised if you like the one thing about the way you, were raised what would? YOU change.
Speaker 15: I would change seeing my farther that, whole.
Speaker 2: Time seeing him or not seeing what's? The, distinction sorry what's? The, STORY.
Speaker 15: Well I wish i had not?
Speaker 2: Seen him oh not a. Happy, time.
Speaker 15: Well all MY life i have looked up for his approval and never.
Speaker 24: Got it i've.
Speaker 15: WIPED him i wiped him a few months AGO because i just, Had, ENOUGH tony.
Speaker 10: I just.
Speaker 15: HAD enough i needed to get rid of him out of, my life because he was just a, dictating bully treated ME like i. Was sixteen i'm nearly sixty and never ever gave me approval ABOUT anything, I did and all, My life i've tried to.
Speaker 13: Appease him it's time, For me yeah.
Speaker 2: It is he's still, with, this.
Speaker 15: Presumably, yep YEAH but i wiped the whole side of the family except for my cousin and his wife and.
Speaker 1: Two, kids YEAH but i.
Speaker 15: Just didn't, need it, You know and it was partly when mum died he wasn't there to. Support me but he was never there to support me from the age of five right up till you, know THEN and i all, My life i've gone, oh, no no, you, know well, you KNOW but i finally. DID it i had to do it for my own life to.
Speaker 2: Go ahead did You have did you ever have that very same conversation with him as you've, Just outlined.
Speaker 15: He he, won't listen he won't listen, to me he yees all or. Like That and i'm just jack, OF it i. Really am I'VE done i did the. Right thing. YOU know i don't need that person in. My life not been around around me physically for many, many years. You know, YOU know i got some to decide when someone came to me his Life and i'm about tense down, The, line Tony and i'm his first Born in.
Speaker 2: George priority what about what about other family members that came in after you at? The children would they say the same thing?
Speaker 28: About, him.
Speaker 15: Well One's the golden told and the other is.
Speaker 8: Not one.
Speaker 2: Of characters well one's one's the. Golden child, oh, yes absolutely one's the.
Speaker 15: Golden, child, yeah yeah it's pretty obvious that a male.
Speaker 2: Or female my younger sister and so your younger sister you think has a better relationship with her father than you have.
Speaker 15: With, him oh he never stops raving, about her what she does and what. She's DONE and I just i didn't need to hear, that either and to.
Speaker 16: Be told, Oh, intrigued oh listen.
Speaker 15: To this this is. The pinnacle this was a pinnacle. Ages ago and, he, said oh think in a change in the will we want to, give more, YOU know i want to give more to my. Biological kids they're not. Biological KIDS and, i, said, oh really. Biological kids he said that, to me, his daughter that.
Speaker 1: Is disgusting.
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Would leo let me ask you, this then what would what would life? Feel like what would your world feel, like if, in fact you did have a better relationship with your father as, a possibility.
Speaker 23: There were good times they get, me asking not in.
Speaker 2: The past what would it feel like if you could recreate, a, better, sustainable lovable enjoyable relationship with your father at your age and at, his obviously what? Would that it.
Speaker 38: Can't be it can't, Be.
Speaker 15: Done tony he's just a miserable.
Speaker 41: Old kid.
Speaker 15: Mm hmm it's just it can't say anything nice, to anybody.
Speaker 2: And he just and clearly your younger sister wouldn't take that. Same, view oh.
Speaker 15: Probably not she's a little hipster and she's got the, two kids so it's not just the two kids that have made It The. Golden girls and my brother got pushed to the side when she came, Along too, and yeah it's, just unfortunately we can choose, our friends but we can't choose. OUR family i realized how much my mum was there when.
Speaker 41: SHE passed i.
Speaker 1: Realized, THAT sorry i realized how much she was there.
Speaker 11: For me.
Speaker 19: She wasn't.
Speaker 34: I'M sorry i don't usually, Do, this no not.
Speaker 11: AT all, I mean.
Speaker 15: I'm lucky You've got, Mum's partner danny's been more of a father to me Since before.
Speaker 23: Mom Died and i'm very grateful to him and my cousin.
Speaker 29: And.
Speaker 23: My friends, you know.
Speaker 19: It's just i'm not crying because, of him.
Speaker 23: My, dad, yeah, Yeah, well leanne the, Moment, there no.
Speaker 2: That's fine we love moments and we all. Have moments we we could spend a bit of time on the couch, ABOUT that.
Speaker 8: I reckon.
Speaker 2: We can spend we can spend some time on the couch looking at that done. That, night yeah Little, bit leanne thank you for being. So honest i'd love, to say, and look here's. The thing based on what, we know as you, will know You're not you're. Not alone there's a lot of people that feel that they have these relationships which no longer bring. The joy if they, ever did they no longer bring. The joy and you've got to make that executive decision sometimes to just simply.
Speaker 23: MOVE ON i i had to for my, own sanity, not sanity but my own.
Speaker 15: SELF belief, I am.
Speaker 23: I am i made.
Speaker 15: Everything myself he did not help me with anything except. The, music Okay but i've learned a lot More through danny's. A musician he was In The Sydney, army band so he knows a lot about. Music Too but i've just been a. Music KID and, i, mean yes It was dad because he played, the music but it was me that listened.
Speaker 2: To, it well at least you got something, From, Him lee and what a. Great call you look after yourself and we'll talk. Again sooner mike will come to Your next grahame IN. W a It is australia. Every night many of Us around australia. As Children, in australia we grew up. Eating shark we grew up, eating shark, often called Certainly in victoria flake simply In W a, i know just referred to as. A shark, turns out turns out may not be such a. Good thing we might talk about that when we come back after the news after. The, Serial mark you've got an? Accident, whereabouts mark good.
Speaker 42: Morning morning tiny inbound people coming from the north Down The hum Highway. Into melbourne they've blocked it off at The Old sydney Road Slash hum. Highway bypass it takes down On The ring road At A. Hearns road it appears a vehicle must have Come Off earn's road at the bridge rolled. Down embankment who's in the trees on the side of the embankment between the on ramp and. The freeway there would be would have been, twenty police fire ambulance and. A helicopter their, Tone wow.
Speaker 2: So there's a fair bit. Going, On exactly i'll pass this onto. The newsroom so exactly, Where, Again mark.
Speaker 42: So if you came In from seymour and you went on the Like A hum, highway bypass rather Than The Old. Sydney road You Pass amaru road and then it's blocked. Off there you can't get down the highway and you can't get Off At, amaru road so you need to go Down The Old, sydney road down the old way through the three thousand set the.
Speaker 2: Traffic lifestyles, Well, done mark thank you. For that I'll get gabe and the team to have a look at that leading into because that's a pretty busy time coming up in another hour. Or so, well done and thank you for being part. Of it graham IN, W, A, hello graham. Good morning good here. You're going what's happening in. The world.
Speaker 43: It's botty due to go back in through another winter's treatment of that vokemia bugging.
Speaker 2: ME dead I got covid put it, on hold.
Speaker 43: There's, Any mark i'll go back in On next monday and have another, seven days take some my nurses and eating the good food and watching the RACES on tv and oh, my god couldn't.
Speaker 24: Get.
Speaker 2: Better, Funny well i'm just looking at have you got any selections for the day that you've looked at? PRETTY closely i had a couple.
Speaker 43: Of punchs i'm just trying to Remember what. I'M back I think i've had a. FEW doubles i was surely on myself in the weekend just. FOR today i picked, sixth winners say six dollars, Fifty RIGHT but i had him in DOUBLES and i had the wrong horses in the. Wrong Leg so i'm going to start back on them straight out. As well it's just, you know taking them. In doubles but it. Doesn't matter i'm any bit, of form so. IT'S okay i was just listening to that previous for The other chapels going to be. His, Dad man i'm a bit of, bloody privilege RIGHT because i was brought Up in wembley and by, old man, bloody healthy breaking his labor of, mumble system housewife and. No Money christ the old man taught me how, TO fish, i mean to, do bikes taught, me everything.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 43: I'm sorry for The poor bathard but obviously had a, hard upbringing.
Speaker 25: You know but you've got.
Speaker 43: To remember it's always got. To remember you don't know what problems your. Dad had he might have had up you.
Speaker 2: Don't, know well there's remember, Your dad there's it. Doesn't, matter yeah there's.
Speaker 43: That too when people say you can't choose. Your family you don't have to choose. Your family they make you and you should be thankful to put you into the. Bloody, world yeah probably he probably did.
Speaker 39: His best man did.
Speaker 31: His best, you know.
Speaker 2: Well we all, say that and even as a parent and now, a grandpa but certainly as. A parent you look, at you look at you two children or three two DAUGHTERS that, i have and, you go, you KNOW did i do? My BEST if i had them on the air, with me they could do a whole program of just sort, of, complaining well you know it, was okay but you could have done a. Bit better and here's here's the list that's in.
Speaker 43: MY mind i, was like, YOU know i bought my two boys up if it's six and fifty, four blood, you know like never got into the drugs and ship that.
Speaker 2: Don't work, you, Know well i'll see, you already you're. IN front I think.
Speaker 43: I've had a pretty privileged life for someone that's got bugger. Or money it.
Speaker 2: Still, works yeah well you've but you've worked, Pretty. HARD graham, i mean you know you haven't. Really, stopped well it's no good stop Me.
Speaker 43: And john who's the saying? Your, diet yeah very very outside of painting outside Today and i've just almost got finished and.
Speaker 2: Down, Tonight yeah i'm tim led to believe there's a fair bit of. Rain around graham got to love you and. Leave you we've got the cereal on, the way which is episode number. Forty four we will do that when we. Come back plenty of time for. Your calls It is, australia overnight. Good morning fifty years ago you Look, At, jaws jaws the movie scaring millions out of, the water casting sharks, As, villains well they did pretty much embedding a fear in the. Public's imagination half a, century later the real threat could Well be australia's weak, nature laws which are responsible for the quiet. Extinction crisis and you might be unwittingly eating a part of that extinction. For dinner flake often sold as a fish and chips generic term for a shark meat should only refer to a two species gummy and or. Rig shark we might talk about that coming up in the. Next hour It is. Australia, overnight.
Speaker 4: Now This is australia Urbanized with tony McManus.
Speaker 2: Wherever you are right. CROSSALS three i don't Know why i'm talking about that really one double three six' nine three a Gamee From our australia overnight newsroom wanders In From The, australia overnight booth sits down in front. Of my, screen her screen turns the light, on, and says, hello good. Morning good morning do you think we can retire well?
Speaker 4: Right now today according to the.
Speaker 32: Just walk out of the studio, and, that's it.
Speaker 2: Bullipin that's IT according to i don't know enough money paper today says they cost comfortable retirement climbing. Slower than inflation new analysis shows new Modeling From The association's Superannuation Funds of australia home and a couple retiring today needs how much would you imagine when you're, thinking about it how much would you need, to you know, not overdo it but just live a pretty good life. For two people there's a lot.
Speaker 32: Of variables there there is my poor old generation will just work till. WE drop dead i think years we'll retire at.
Speaker 2: Eighty Seventy. Three what.
Speaker 7: No eighty.
Speaker 2: Today is seventy three eight hundred and seventy five dollars a year seventy three let's call it seventy four, thousand a year while a single homeowner the figure is. About fifty two so for two. People seventy three gee's. That's so much many retirees are feeling the impact of rising prices for essentials as they worry about global conflicts and potential to hit. Their investment streams.
Speaker 32: So how do they? WORK this, out i mean are we looking at? Council rates power are we expecting.
Speaker 2: All of that to go through all the roof all? Of the above how are you going to? Survive with that being able to buy, toothpaste for.
Speaker 32: Example, That's astronomical look i'm sure you could survive on this that's on every government and eat your own vegies and all that sort, of stuff panels?
Speaker 2: Don't you love just homemade Fruit and vegies and it's so much. Better for, You oh gorgeous and you know where.
Speaker 32: It comes from.
Speaker 2: Had some made some pumpkin soup, OVER the weekend i should have brought you into ohupin.
Speaker 32: Should, be amazing yes pumpkin soupereny with.
Speaker 2: A little chili.
Speaker 32: Pumpkins grow at my place like. Weeds bring you i've got a MASSIVE one that i haven't it's still. On the vines i'm waiting for it. To drop off but, when it drops it'll be quite a DROP because, it's i reckon.
Speaker 2: It's about five let's get. The little song oh. What a beauty i've never seen one as big. As that before you've got. TO find that i. Remember that song? What a beauty?
Speaker 32: Who sang?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 32: Not sure okay oh.
Speaker 2: What a beauty it must be ten for foot. Or even more it's such. A lovely color it's nice and. Round and fat i've never seen a pumpkin or a marrow to grow as. Big as, that COME, ON g. J i could i could go down the bloody record library myself find it running down. A little bit credit may not be. In The LibraryMore ellen peercehall. Probably flogged it got this one for.
Speaker 7: The last speed that's what was?
Speaker 2: That prob thing what's happening in the world that we can highlight.
Speaker 12: For the k?
Speaker 32: Under the hammer probably within the, Next few hours i'd say. Next six hours there's going to be An auction In. England in staffordshire, now get this the Papers Written by world War Two. Codebreaker alan tyering you heard it.
Speaker 8: In the news.
Speaker 2: Great piece, of, history, this yeah yeah it's it's.
Speaker 32: Quite a collection there's. Nineteen thirty stuff it includes a copy of, His PhD dissertation all sorts of.
Speaker 2: Stuff now characteristic this was a lovely body of words based on security And Information During.
Speaker 32: World, war two well he was the father. Of modern computing He Broke the german enigma code and there was a. Movie about that they also made A Movie about Alan Churing Called. The imitation game looks like?
Speaker 12: What's his?
Speaker 32: Face is Terrible The, actor benedict kumbabaut he was in.
Speaker 7: The main.
Speaker 2: Role he's fantastic he was really good.
Speaker 32: In, that too yeah plays, slightly kooky? Scientists, doesn't he.
Speaker 24: Oh you just.
Speaker 2: Stereotype of him he calls or as, he calls it a. Role, in acting well.
Speaker 32: He always does similar. SORT of characters i find you.
Speaker 2: Just, Stereotyped him well i've.
Speaker 32: Just TYPECAST him have i you have?
Speaker 2: A little BIT i thought i was.
Speaker 32: Just stating obvious, it's just well he.
Speaker 2: Calls it work he, calls fair. Enough fair enough, that's, like saying, well you know you've cast yourself, As. An announcer tony that's pretty much.
Speaker 32: What, we do, okay all right, Now, Get this okay so all these bunches of paper they were found in an attic and they were about.
Speaker 2: To be shredded all they were about to go a great Part of.
Speaker 32: The, british history yes so it's going under. THE hammer today. A bit unclear i reckon a. Museum or something you'll, pick it, up but oh. Here we go it's been valued at forty to sixty thousand pounds.
Speaker 2: What would be and it's going. In the shredder it would be a lovely. Piece of, history but yeah.
Speaker 32: Isn't it interesting what people get.
Speaker 12: Rid of.
Speaker 8: Don't.
Speaker 2: Or don't realize and that's why we do that Little Thing with rick milne when we get him on our year and next week a little bit at one o'clock in our one O'clock hour, For melbourne Listeners Melbourne and south australian listeners into the, one o'clock Hour We'll have rick milne talking more and more about those things that are so precious and collectible antiques And. Collectibles, with rick yes and we Get lots of we have lots of calls. On it today some reason it went. Off this morning some mornings can be a bit quiet in that first, half our? Jake aren't they but it was. GOOD this morning i.
Speaker 32: Heard the call about, the brickette, character Is, it mister burner. The brigette character it's a call about that someone had some memorabilia from advertising.
Speaker 2: Where somebody rang, in. About Brigettes, BRIGETTE.
Speaker 32: Mister burner i, think It was, and, I'M like okay i. Don't remember.
Speaker 2: That sydney again.
Speaker 32: I've got to listen to a.
Speaker 8: Lot, OF things.
Speaker 32: Honestly i have about. Six things going and what else?
Speaker 2: Do, you have ah what?
Speaker 32: Else is happening lots and lots and. Lots of tennis there's something going on and You. RUN in israel i don't know.
Speaker 10: What it is.
Speaker 2: So the headline on seeing Is Is, the Prime Minister the prime minister the, present beach saying now we have complete total control of the. Skies, Over run.
Speaker 32: Look trump says all sorts of.
Speaker 31: Things he does.
Speaker 32: It's interesting looking at all the different, Papers because okay trump couldn't, meet with elbow but the way it's described as a snub or he, nicked off early or he all a different bits of, language around. This you know but, the world crisis he comes.
Speaker 2: Off as a bit you've got, To do it you've got. To do yeah but he comes off as a bit just inhospitable really because he made some he was shaking hands with the Top, man in canada and then as soon as he lands back he then posts something really Unpleasant about the. Canadian, prime minister yeah, and, you think well? What was it what's the point?
Speaker 32: Of that wondering HE'S at. The g seven he must. Feel incredibly awkward he probably does not want. To be there oh. THERE'S a war i better get.
Speaker 2: Out, of here yeah, a little, BIT probably, this.
Speaker 32: I mean after saying all that stuff and doing all those horrible things to, so called.
Speaker 2: Friends, you know yeah it'll be an interesting time when historians are doing if they have not already started as, to what this what this term compared to, his first term what this term, will look like and what, the next term whoever goes into The Chair, after president trump what that. Would look like and it's a fascinating time to be alive and, to watch them to, live through this regardless of, where you're standing it's just just. AMAZING to watch i don't know that anybody listening right now has had ever had as much interested in What, Happens in america Probably not, since nixon Really Or Certainly kennedy kennedy nixon.
Speaker 32: In the seventies seventies were a big decade.
Speaker 2: For the news they were you, think of it all.
Speaker 32: The, stuff that happened bridges falling down all, Over the place, and.
Speaker 2: That's right bridges the seventies was about bridges.
Speaker 32: Falling, Bridges what, no i'm serious like it.
Speaker 2: Was there was a lot of. Bridges Falling Down.
Speaker 32: It escate bridge it was delayed?
Speaker 2: What eighteen years please don't remind.
Speaker 32: Me of That that was IT happened before.
Speaker 2: I was, born but well it's one of the reasons NOW every time i still go Over That, WEST gate bridge i START to get i start. To physically shake i'm not, TOO sure why i just do because as a kid we watched IT on the tv and the newspapers were, full of it as, You can imagine and NOW every time, I go, over, i go oh it hasn't it actually.
Speaker 32: PHYSICALLY impacts me i always look look now they, HAVE big, fences i guess or, well guard rails very high guard rails. Around THAT bridge but, i always wondered why weren't they built there in the original design Back in what well it was.
Speaker 2: Still, when that happened they were still building it when.
Speaker 32: The, bridge, collapsed yeah yeah but look when, it was finished why didn't they put those.
Speaker 2: Very high fence history will. History will tell we. Got to go we've got. Lots of callers we'll get to in. Just a, Moment Thank you gabe Hudson From our. Australia overnight newsroom or is it a bit of fun Catching up with gabe your calls, The other side come, And Join Me Julian mark aaron it is. A straighta, Revenight Good morning julian navedav will come to you in. Just a moment lots of texts given that We. Just mentioned trump interesting the comments as soon As You, Mentioned president, trump odea says text ending in THREE to zero o d it Now to? Anti trump morons, another one says are you trying To Figure? Out donald Trump Toning? Mac, Louis Cannon yes is caraally still on Board?
Speaker 9: With the.
Speaker 2: Trumpster don't know, would, probably, think well look it's just. An interesting time it's not that it's just that it's. An interesting time it's a peculiar new. Game in politics is it going? TO stand up. I don't know i get really concerned about the fact that what that does. For the world it's not Just About. The united states the reality is we are no longer, that Divide Anymore the United states Or europe or asia or. You know, where you Know it's a the, world is different and so it's got to. Be more, combined by definition we are we are One. Right across australia, in that sense the division no longer seems relevant if there, was that division and so it's got to be. Played very cleverly Where's Somebody like president trump and there are other leaders around the world who, still insist, on you. Know creating division it's not going. To help Us. Tony and. Yest don't worry jay turns into a pumpkin at four o'clock so we can sing the. Song to you Good On, your maxi, julian good.
Speaker 25: Morning good morning i've got Back to the jays where. We were kids there was a Bridge Called The, king street bridge and there Will Record the king street, bridges falling.
Speaker 2: Down Falling down street bridge, is falling down my lady.
Speaker 25: A long time do you?
Speaker 11: Remember that song?
Speaker 16: Do very?
Speaker 24: MUCH who it i?
Speaker 2: Think it was there was a, lot, of people well the original Version Presumably. Was london.
Speaker 25: BRIDGE that's right i thought It Was a. King street bridge on the Most Notorious Bridge karendon street bridge seems to be. Hit, every week yeah.
Speaker 2: It does too you're. Right about that that's the one we used to, sing at school or the girls would do it when. THEY were Skipping I think london bridge, is falling, down falling. Down Falling down london bridge, is falling down, MY fair lady i think? Was THIS song if i, get it right.
Speaker 25: You're right too because of an interesting book on The history, of melbourne markets did you Realize the original melbourne fish market was down to the end of the distreet near the side.
Speaker 2: Of, the river no which, part down there right down the end near the.
Speaker 25: Old Railway Yards it's, Fencer, street station okay.
Speaker 2: Right in there and there was the. Markets in behind.
Speaker 8: There was it that's right the end.
Speaker 25: Of the, industry my father who's, not alive anymore had Memories Of the eastern market which was on The Corner of Exhibition Street and burke street Next To, the haymarket theater which burnt down and was a Story That the eastern market was there from The settlement of melbourne in What Was called stephens street Which Now. Is exhibition street and it was pulled down for nineteen sixty two Opening On The. Southern, CROSS hotel.
Speaker 2: Yes i happened to be watching one. Of those clips must have been over the weekend and they looked at a thing that goes into the archives and they came, up on YouTube and not. Too sure why we watched it for about. Twenty five minutes Was incredible around melbourne and you see the Clips Of That southern cross hotel and the Presence Of That southern cross Hotel in. That melbourne landscape we're talking. Now sixty seventies it was, really so? Important Wasn't it but george.
Speaker 25: Prewe wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I'm not too Sure whether Mister Frew. Did southern cross you may. Well be right he certainly had a big hotel down on some, killed the. Road, didn't he, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 25: Right george True but The commodore was It.
Speaker 2: Was THE commodore hotel i Reckon on. Some kilder road.
Speaker 25: Who would You rate as, Australia's Great, Fisherman Rex hunt Jack Davy or Bob Dyer?
Speaker 2: Or, lee marvin yes you've nailed him all, all different eras but you have to Say. Probably mister marvin well if you take him out being but you Have To, Say Jack davey bob dyer and then later in the years with an incredible Media exposure was rex of COURSE with the tv program and his.
Speaker 25: Love, of fishing okay on You Said to jack davy or which one do you think was? A better one and do you REMEMBER watching the pp? FISHING film, comesom, i remember yeah.
Speaker 2: Pick a box it was wonderful and he. Would always be there be a shot of him up There In far north Queensland with those Marlon, Catching Them, marlin.
Speaker 25: Marlon lee, marv When yes that sarah? Paints your wagon he sang in? That didn't.
Speaker 2: He he did.
Speaker 25: My dad used. TO like muscles i believe that there's some warning of a health risk of picking muscles out Of The. Adam and bay but there's some echo or, something like that not. To eat muscles you ever? EAT the muscle?
Speaker 10: I hate them oh you?
Speaker 2: DON'T like them.
Speaker 25: I hate them i. Couldn't, stand muscles.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're not bad with a, tidy little wristling nothing, wrong with that Dueli in and dad used.
Speaker 21: To.
Speaker 16: Like herry.
Speaker 2: Well the father used to bring home.
Speaker 25: Heel liptic heels and heel. He bring heels you.
Speaker 2: Go fish and bringme eels.
Speaker 25: And cook Them, he was european and. He loved scallops oh.
Speaker 2: Love A scollop those tasmanian. Scallops are, BEAUTIFUL.
Speaker 25: Oh well i worked at, a city club and they used to serve, all those things all those. Great fish, dishes you know.
Speaker 2: Which are you let to? Say which? Club, Of course yep well they were doing beautiful things. In those days? What about that what's that one went to early in the year the old it was just called The Say. The italian club you could be right there. Forever and ever you could.
Speaker 25: Be right now somebody rang up in a few months ago and gave you. The wrong information there was a restaurant. Had fish tanks now bigger.
Speaker 2: PARTON the way i was Thinking Of, the waiters Club Not, the Italian Club. THE waiters club.
Speaker 25: I think you could be right. On that now somebody rang up last year and gave you. In correct information there was a Restaurant Under The. Manchester unity building it was Either Called the South Seas. Or south pacific he went downstairs and they had all these great fishes in the big. Tanks, around, THEM remember.
Speaker 2: No i don't where were They Under.
Speaker 25: The manchester Unity, Building except Brooke swanson and collins right underneath at the bottom of the four. Of a building is at?
Speaker 2: The right, RESTAURANT oh, no i don't but others Will and.
Speaker 25: Had, another great, fisherman of course WAS ON three d b and he was the first man to win The In. The Frank sinarta.
Speaker 2: Jeff brooks was. Another fishing person he had, a restaurant too?
Speaker 12: Did?
Speaker 25: He Not Yes the state cave is cave Down From the racivic club And Intok for district station and. Iron black gates you went downstairs and he, used to sing.
Speaker 2: Mister, brook did yes you'd have a member of.
Speaker 25: Him when the Early Judges on, Kevin, DINNIS newpapers.
Speaker 2: YEAH i do i, don't remember seeing but certainly he was a. Judge on those That was the? Saturday morning? Edition was With Was it frank wilson that HOSTED?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 25: Three?
Speaker 2: Dv yeah correct?
Speaker 9: Was?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 19: It?
Speaker 2: Was it now you got me Thinking It was frank wilson that, Hosted that program wasn't It It?
Speaker 25: Was frank wilson have You?
Speaker 8: Ever, MANY no no i was.
Speaker 2: Only little watching it. ON the telephone, I love.
Speaker 25: LOVELY lovely man i saw him in one of the last things he did. Before he died he appeared in play called shut your eyes and think Of. The comedy theater it was a bit Of Controversy because mary hardy was cast of the show and she never.
Speaker 2: Appeared in It Just watching Frank wilson There australian actor wikipedia born in nineteen twenty four and passed Away in, five, australian, film, stage, television, actor, musical, comedy, singer director television game. Show And Variety The wonderful frank wilson.
Speaker 25: And he Also Appeared with lauren bacall which he was Out here in Melbourne At the princess theater and he had a heart Attack during the melbourne season and never went back into. The show again, Didn't Know that.
Speaker 2: And i've forgotten He Was in the club which was a Great Play, by david, williamson of.
Speaker 25: Course wasn't It and that bowling film what was It Called With.
Speaker 2: NICK malloy crackerjack i think he, was in?
Speaker 31: That?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it yes He was he well done You, And In, Shanghai Sea, Change. Country practice bellbird look at all those shows that he did.
Speaker 25: Over the years he was in The music of australian musical Long. BEFORE the boys i was sent, a mental bloke he was called he sang a song Called Beavera Be my saturday girl from a music of The Fifties. Called, Lola, montes oh. Lola legendary dancer does that? Ring about.
Speaker 2: It it Does The incredible lola montees in, Nineteen fifty eight australian Musical Written by Allen Burke, and peter benjamin focus on the Days of the lola Voluntaires Visiting. The ballarat goldfields have you seen it a? LONG time ago i. WAS only. Two, I Did yes gordon board who used to do some of those wonderful audience WARM UPS for imt i think back In the day we'll love you. And leave you it's always good to. Talk to you thank, You very much thank you come back and to do this more of your calls The other side wonderble three. Six ninety three it's always good to Catch up with jewel and he races through those Lovely pieces of australian theater. And musical history oh what a godeous. Morning it is AARON, N, w a, Hello.
Speaker 34: Good morning tony.
Speaker 2: How are you i'm sensational and thank You. For, ASKING aaron YES.
Speaker 34: I love HB i. Love, Hp sauce tony.
Speaker 2: YOU'RE you're an hb.
Speaker 1: Source, Fan, of.
Speaker 2: Sorry aaron YOU'RE an A. B pen NO. I love hp OH you love, H of course. Hp sauce beautiful oh you have a LITTLE bit of hp sauce on a hamburger. Or, a steak lovely even. A sausage beautiful doesn't get.
Speaker 34: Much better than REGARDING this, New, covid stream tony what's your? VIEW on, it i mean you know, it's going. Around of, Course you know i've been fully vaccinated against, this killer. Virus, the pandemic.
Speaker 2: Yeah and did you get the did you get the? Virus at ALL.
Speaker 11: Not, THAT i, know I know but i was.
Speaker 2: So YOU never got? Covid AT all, BUT i, know, i mean well you know?
Speaker 34: Negative. Oddly enough hm.
Speaker 2: What else is happening, In? The world? Aaron with you.
Speaker 34: What do you think to the ongoing sour oil in the Middle In? The middle east In regards, To, BIBLE prophecy, tony I mean.
Speaker 2: Am i? A religious Person i thank god every day for. Just, Being, alive aaron.
Speaker 34: Well what do You think About? Bible prophecy TONY what do I think about bible prophecy In the Becoming?
Speaker 2: KINGDOM of god i give it absolutely no Consideration. At ALL erin, but i, mean you know a lot.
Speaker 12: Of, people some, believe some.
Speaker 34: DON'T you, know i, mean you know.
Speaker 8: In the, BATTLE.
Speaker 34: You, know i, mean you Know In the, middle east, itself you know becoming becoming Peace In. The middle, east you know a Lot of these bible writers write these books and paperback books and the Ladies of the bible of what's going, to take, PLACE you, know i mean what's your, View?
Speaker 19: ON it, tony i Mean.
Speaker 2: You believe aaron people will write, what they. WRITE won't, they i mean they can write anything and have. These things published does it? Make it real it's just. It's just written, but you.
Speaker 34: Know there's one, guy that says, YOU know what i believe that what we're seeing in the world today is the Fulfillment of. These biblical prophecies.
Speaker 2: You believe that? To, BE true well.
Speaker 34: I don't Know, in the bible and it describes perfectly the nations involved in Relation to the battle of armageddonal and the and the Second Coming. Of jesus christ and.
Speaker 2: So there are people who take a lot of those predictions that were published by writers whoever you want, to call them and hold them. To be true and yet many millions of people around the world don't who's right? And who's, wrong you know.
Speaker 34: They they think to debate, The, literal issue tony and, they say, that you know the Fint that the Bible battle between god and says and the forces of good and battle will take places of. THE nuclear, holocaust i mean what's your view on and, believe it's.
Speaker 2: Gee this is This is why. God invented wine so we don't have to worry too much about that. Sort of.
Speaker 34: Stuff bible prophecy. There's the harmony you have, A, Great morning.
Speaker 2: Tony thank you do We believe in do we? Believe in, Prophecy i'm sorry mum should be turning, over now saying oh what? Did you do put You through a catholic school and college and education and now ye? Of, LITTLE faith well i, have ENORMOUS faith but i have, faith in survival in surviving THE best way i possibly, can for myself family and the loved ones. And other people markey. Still, all morning.
Speaker 43: Yeah you're going to, have next?
Speaker 8: Week?
Speaker 2: Aren't you well what's? On next week.
Speaker 16: How are you going?
Speaker 9: For?
Speaker 16: A course right that tell?
Speaker 9: You a?
Speaker 27: What you're.
Speaker 39: Lucky you're lucky you gotta put thehavior on you get carbon fiber? Cylinders these?
Speaker 2: DAYS what's on i can't understand. What YOU'RE saying so i have?
Speaker 22: A what?
Speaker 34: Cylinder carbon fiber and what?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Do yes right and, so you're right how? Heavy WILL that.
Speaker 39: When i, did my course we head STEAL eat and i would another two ko heavier and you felt them after an hour.
Speaker 2: And, a half well so we're going to march around in a fair bit of intense heat and fire as part. Of, This training, right you're right you were right on.
Speaker 9: All of that.
Speaker 2: And then they said do you have any you have any problems with hip? Or Leg pain, and i'm THINKING what do i have any problems with hip?
Speaker 29: Or?
Speaker 2: Leg pain well you.
Speaker 39: Could probably be there on the on the on, All, falls.
Speaker 2: Right, well there's that and THERE'S also wh i WROTE down and i have a. Really nasty demeanor.
Speaker 19: Ah well there.
Speaker 39: That'll be taken out of your quick smart earlier just by.
Speaker 2: Way of surviving HOW hot can i expect?
Speaker 12: It to be.
Speaker 39: All depends how how they crank.
Speaker 11: The, temperature up.
Speaker 2: Well apparently it's top. Of the wazir.
Speaker 43: Well you are you do on training it.
Speaker 2: Long And on now i'm really looking forward to. GETTING the helmet i. Don't know why it just the helmet, appeals to me and.
Speaker 39: Make sure your next muscles.
Speaker 43: In good condition well they.
Speaker 2: Said that too.
Speaker 39: That's took, ON your.
Speaker 2: Head i know and so they've they've waited everything as to how, much extra Weight given that i'm sort of sitting on about one o three by the time you had twenty five let's, Call it thirty all, Of a sudden i'm going to be moving around with, my little frame not, so little frame probably one hundred and thirty hundred and. Thirty five kilo.
Speaker 16: That'd, be about right crawling, on.
Speaker 2: The ground going up a ladder and fighting.
Speaker 39: A fire, around thank god if, we did voluntarily we. Didn't get paid. That's, The difference well i'm. Not being paid but they only. Five foot four it's a lot shorter through. The ground.
Speaker 2: Faces that's funny you don't have.
Speaker 9: To.
Speaker 2: Thank, you uh now do you have to tie?
Speaker 44: Your?
Speaker 2: Own boots.
Speaker 17: Uh most of.
Speaker 39: Them are zipps now will pour on, just, Pork.
Speaker 2: Straight right okay how heavy? Is the jacket.
Speaker 38: It's?
Speaker 39: Not, too Bad actually did i'll? Tell you what when, you do it JUST wear a t shirt and, like cotton pants. Like cotton shorts what about what?
Speaker 2: About cotton underwear i'm thinking about wearing the. Old cotton buds.
Speaker 39: Oh that's.
Speaker 2: Up, to you well clearly it's. Up TO me but i thought you might. Have, A recommendation no.
Speaker 39: I just warmed shorts. All the time that was it.
Speaker 29: So?
Speaker 2: A bit breezy did?
Speaker 39: YOU say no i just wear, Your shirts right but you know you'll be sweating.
Speaker 2: In that gear, i'll tell you, like to myself what about what about MY b v ds.
Speaker 39: Wayte where you?
Speaker 36: Want?
Speaker 39: Your birthday sir?
Speaker 2: NEXT to myself i LIKE B V, d best? Mark thank YOU it was bvd? Still a thing you? Remember that AD jack and i look At you who, i'm talking to. Because you wouldn't there was a great ad called. NEXT to myself I Like. Bv d best it was. AN underwear promotion, BBDs was. Yeah way before i'll, Get off Now, pete in adelaide. You'll be next when you go outside and you're looking, for your marrow big paral the local words.
Speaker 10: When around when i've never seen one of the baby?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 2: That before single of.
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: It, must be, sairaven more, colors lovely colors nice.
Speaker 10: AROUND the fast i never.
Speaker 33: Done a marrow you go with, Big it up oh, LOT of you.
Speaker 10: I never seen one of as big.
Speaker 2: As that before has a really good, finish, to this jimee you won't want to. Miss the end.
Speaker 34: He was.
Speaker 10: Leaing it on he's gonna get the other tea he may get. To a lady look just. Across the wing he took in the garden pants and should.
Speaker 12: Lift be prey whence he tore the sati of his tender, little lady cried oh?
Speaker 32: What of you.
Speaker 10: You never seen one of the? Biges that before.
Speaker 7: Oh? Lot of you.
Speaker 10: It must be too a long, reeven.
Speaker 6: Telebly colored so nice room whenever, The daughter.
Speaker 5: MARROW oh want.
Speaker 10: I never see one of.
Speaker 2: The biggest before when you're, a little kid we thought that was one of the funniest songs, we never, heard you know because it was a bit it was all. Little bit rude really when it like it's a nice and. Round in fat That's a beauty, i've never seen wonders because that'd be and.
Speaker 10: Just came from room together the prizes and the only dude were looking at the bab began to.
Speaker 5: SHOW of you.
Speaker 10: I never see one of the. Bigger under door, oh use me it must be to, be even more it's not tell the color so nice around whenever THE daughter could.
Speaker 5: I never see one of.
Speaker 7: The big.
Speaker 11: LOT of you.
Speaker 43: I.
Speaker 10: Never seen before repeat.
Speaker 7: More LEVEL the comer.
Speaker 9: I.
Speaker 5: NEVER thought about.
Speaker 2: I think this is, a ratings winner.
Speaker 9: ONE of you.
Speaker 10: I never see.
Speaker 2: This is a Sort of Stuff kyle And jack counter. MAYBE they should.
Speaker 10: I never see.
Speaker 2: There you go you're telling a young, One TODAY people and i Just wouldn't Say pete, In, Adelaide, morning.
Speaker 28: Yes.
Speaker 13: Pete go ahead you've got a better voice than leading Forward.
Speaker 15: To.
Speaker 2: A matthew well i don't think that's, All, the case pepe but very.
Speaker 8: Kind.
Speaker 13: OF you anyway i wanted to talk about The rivalry Between southster and victoria. In harness racing, in nineteen eighty THE king, of sa Football The, late neil curley drove Our Champion horse akama chief to a World Record Victory. Globe derby park what you did and what year did? He do that NINETEEN eighty when i? Was twenty two that gives? My age away she did really and he set up the rivalry then Between Himself And ronald dale barassi and it became an Annual Event. AT globe Derby i think victoria won a couple of southt a bit like the forty now, you never know and. BOTH unfortunately deceased i believe.
Speaker 2: When, you say deceased you're talking about not.
Speaker 11: With, us anymore, yeah. Of, Course yep well neil died a.
Speaker 13: Few years ago and, talking about fishing he was. A great fisherman milk.
Speaker 2: Curly loved it and he also liked to. Eat the fish and he also like a.
Speaker 13: Beverage or two he loved.
Speaker 2: The BEVERAGER two and i can TELL you when i was there at the great radio station IS. Five double a we would produce the Program in. A friday Afternoon he and ken would do a runner round. About twelve thirty they come back for the start of the program to start round about Four on. A friday afternoon one of the great fish, and chip shops from one of the great fish and chip places on the parade would deliver more fish and ships and that would pour in and they had no idea what they. Were talking about they were absolutely faced well and truly by about. Five point thirty well what, Year was that tony got to think it was, about ninety, four ninety five ninety six across. Those, three, years.
Speaker 13: Well anyway. He was Allegend He coached south atlade to the last premiership deal in nineteen sixty four and then He coached glen elk to a premiership in Nineteen Seventy three west torrence.
Speaker 25: Who Are, Now the eagles and He Also.
Speaker 13: Coached central district and he was a fantastic guy and son of the wife. Of the party and in NINETEEN eighty when i, WAS twenty two i, was a Teetotaler unlike today, i'm fortunately anyway we all learn, Buy. Our mistake tony now do you want the preview Now for the? Sandpa or tomorrow why don't?
Speaker 2: You do what Are? We today wednesday would you like to do it today or would you like to? Do, It tomorrow well i've.
Speaker 13: Got it already if, You've got time i'll.
Speaker 2: Do, it quickly okay do it quick for people to FOLLOW THE. Great. Sa nfl yep well we got one OUT of two i believe last week and this week we've got three Games to.
Speaker 13: End round ten first game up the road From Me At Richmond, oval hyson Stadium The little west adelaide take on A Very disappointing north adelaide who Were smashed By Glenelg. AT brighton road i didn't, want To win but west's. Will be competitive but match, of the year the game of the SEASON in Both afl and Sandful Is That brighton road Strata. Ram The stadium glenold Tigers Versus.
Speaker 25: The double blues glenov will.
Speaker 13: Start favored on. Their home ground they lost it only by eight points about a month and. A half ago i'm going to go With a heart tony And Tip, the double blues but it'll be. A tremendous game both Teams superbly Led gleneld, by Liam, mcpheen former victorian and st By The courageous tommy lewis number two, As Our captain james battersby fights. And knee injury and the last game which will interrod You At The Norwood, parade Cooper Stadium the mighty redlegs who should Have Beaten. Sirt a king, they should. Have They didn't right norwood Versus. The Hapless Panthers south adelaide nord are. Two and seven they have to win to have any hope. Of Playing final south adelaide will be competitive but trained by former st Champion Coach. Sorry jade sheedy nord will win by five. Or six gold unfortunately Rains, predicted on sunday the First, games on saturday that last Two Gals to Nords. South on sunday, good on, you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, it's great. Worker well done you were go you mighty nor With? The red? Lings, all right now what? Song THAT was What's i? And, martin song yeah they did a really good version of. It years Ago what's your matin with a great breakfast said six Pr in, Perthin before that i'm going to say six six pm, would be Right funniest thing i've ever, heard you say, Turning back Out that's why. God, invented wine well it was just, a big handball had, nothing TO say so i dropped That line in thank. You very much are you trying, to figure out oh this is still? That text there trying to Figure Out? About donald trump? Well can anybody can anybody? REALLY tell us i. Don't think so there are technicians around the world who are trying to find out what's going on. In the world craft hids to remove all artificial dyes from Its, products in america one OF the first us packaged food companies to begin. Removing artificial coloring we, mentioned that earlier which is a big story all. That artificial coloring you got TO wonder why i was in there in, the first place presumably just to make, things look really really pretty when it landed. On the plate. I'm turning. Mcmaus good Morning It is australia, overnight where Everywhere. Right around australia we're back on the other side of this Mentioned earlier with ardie that he sent in. For my, birthday very. Kind Very generous so elvis the movie is and if you, Look at it elvis had churned out a, fair bit really thirty, one thirteen years, thirty one films releasing at least two a year from sixty one through, to sixty nine so. We did plenty and you look at some of Those Soundtracks, Like King, Creole Gi, Blues, Flaming Star, Blue Hawaii, Girls, Girls, Girls, Funning, Acapulco Clambake, Speedway Stay, Away, Joe girl Happy. Frankie and johnny the. List goes on and the songs, from those movies not all. Of them Great It. Is australia overnight good morning TO you. Six pr listeners.
Speaker 4: Now this Is australia Overn eyed, With Tony McManus jimmy.
Speaker 2: Zabo in just a moment, On This day sir. Paul McCartney's birthday he's, eighty Three Today The great. Sir paul McCartney? What's? He worth approximately according to later stat for, twenty twenty five he is worth just over one point zero two. Five billion pounds if you, don't mind. Power you're Right One song we're We're. Off to pete you wanted to? Say, good morning.
Speaker 11: Yeah there you go on just.
Speaker 1: A traffic update it just o'haran's road, onto the freeway the ring road in. EPPING the cars i think it's rolled, off the bank dropping on the side. Of the bank. IT'S crushed up i was coming jop us away on from The freeway onto ohen's raid and they've blocked. THE whole ROAD i think i think it Was a police chaser's like four or five, under cop cars undercover cop cars and three cop cars and a. Couple of trucks it's going to be locked a, couple, Of.
Speaker 2: Hours mate pete that's a great call and thank you for sharing it. With their family. Jimmy's abbas here.
Speaker 29: It.
Speaker 2: Is very much It is. A wednesday morning look Who It is jimmy's jimmy is the exec producer In Charge Of jackie felgate's strive program HERE ON Three a W jimmy's, Bo good morning.
Speaker 38: Good, Morning To.
Speaker 45: You tony mac you are Like the hot mocker. OF radio hosts i call You. The, hot mocker yeah you warm me Up on, a wednesday morning even tho it's freezing outside.
Speaker 2: At, the moment yeah you do.
Speaker 45: Warm me up and you've got a bit of, sweetness about you and the caffeine that runs through it as well wakes.
Speaker 24: Us all up it's just. A PERFECT mix and i love. Speaking to you that's.
Speaker 2: Very very kind AND then then i suppose you've got to decide whether you in fact want another taste sooner, rather than later or you'll just move back to the great cup of tea with which you. Are more familiar do.
Speaker 24: A mocker every day?
Speaker 34: To?
Speaker 24: Be, honest? Yeah yeah mind so is that?
Speaker 12: Your?
Speaker 2: Preferred? Beverage MOKA oh.
Speaker 45: If i try and to stay away from milk, a little bit so normally. The double ESPRESSO but if i want, to TREAT myself, IF i could i will go.
Speaker 24: To the mocker?
Speaker 2: What's your order probably a regular flat, white extra, shot yes, strong yeah strong so. Not too milky And maybe if i'm. Feeling really bold, Half, a sugar oh very BOLD and, yeah i know and that will linger into the wee small hours. Of THE morning so i picked that up on the way down. Around about eleven i'm still sipping on it just ten past two.
Speaker 45: In, THE morning oh. I, love that no no, Sugar for me i'll. Go with OUs but other than, THE coffee order i wanted to ask, you something else because you are the.
Speaker 24: KING of etiquette i think you know your rules and you you're.
Speaker 45: A wise man so when you go, out to dinner right because this this, WAS brought up i think on the weekend there Was pictures Of Elbow and dan andrews going out FOR lunch And i think dan ended up.
Speaker 24: Paying the bill apparently it was just. IN the paper i.
Speaker 45: Saw, that story yeah you got us talking about who? Pays the bill how do you decide? Who pays it so should the host pay the bill or should you split it up evenly no matter? What you get or do you only pay?
Speaker 24: For your meal like how would? You do it what do you do when?
Speaker 2: You, go out well IT depends because i think that moves over a. Period OF time when i, was a younger had a young family. PAYING school fees i would always hope that it would be. A shared bill now because of some, a GOOD fortune if i take somebody out or invite somebody out for, lunch OR dinner, as I did say friday night for, the birthday celebration, there's a brother there, was some sister the sister in, law PARTNER robs. And i paid even though it.
Speaker 10: WAS my.
Speaker 2: Birthday i paid.
Speaker 4: It's just easier to do.
Speaker 24: That, your, BIRTHDAY yeah yeah. I get that. I get THAT that's when.
Speaker 45: I was overseas that's like the common thing, that your birthday you invite everyone out and you. Pay for everyone that's just how they do.
Speaker 15: It.
Speaker 46: Over there yeah ESPECIALLY and because i don't want to be, smart about this, BUT you know i can, do THAT now but i couldn't have done it fifteen or twenty years ago. In, the past yeah when, you you know as, you well know when people are paying school fees and you're paying off a mortgage and all those. Sort OF things well i no longer have some of those things to time a hand. Behind my BACK so if i want to be in a position to actually take, somebody to lunch it brings great joy to be able.
Speaker 10: To, do that yeah it.
Speaker 24: DOES feel good i know.
Speaker 45: What you mean my dad used to love, That as well like he'd take the family, out and, eat you know would bring a friend, or you know whoever partners came and that. Sort of thing, Dad, Would say no i'm. Paying for everyone, it's MY family, and i say great pride in that and that. Sort of thing BUT now WHEN i when, i go out the usual thing we do with my mates is just we order whatever we want and at the, end of it. We just split it doesn't matter if someone's had an extra few drinks or ordered a. More expensive meal it just evenly and you pay.
Speaker 24: It that way but some people very. Particular about it some, PEOPLE are no i didn't, PAY for it i.
Speaker 45: Didn't eat that i'm not going to. Pay, For that yes i'm. Not like that i'm, more, just, like oh whatever it's a few bucks. Here and there it doesn't.
Speaker 24: Really, bother me well what if YOU.
Speaker 2: Even said i IF you and i go out and we buy a really interesting bottle of cabinet, and, we go oh that's. Really Really nice but janine two seats down didn't have any or only had, half a glass you're going to argue about that or. You just, Go, you know Janine, you use jeanine you're going to do. Your own thing we're very happy to for you to share a glass if. You wanted to and if you don't want to pay or, contribute to that that's.
Speaker 8: Fine.
Speaker 45: As, Well yeah look i'm not the one to. MAKE a fuss i would never make a fuss about money or. ANYTHING like that I always just, i don't, hate you know fighting over money and.
Speaker 24: Things like that i'd.
Speaker 45: Let it SLIDE like if, i fight it have ANY wine but i had to, Pay for it, i'll, be like yeah, That's all right i'll.
Speaker 24: Pay for it but some.
Speaker 45: People are different so there's many arguments that come up at that dinner table, because of this.
Speaker 24: And a quick point of.
Speaker 45: View as well do you ever send the meal back or YOU just say.
Speaker 24: I get what i get and that's it doesn't matter if IT'S not.
Speaker 44: How i imagined i'm not Too sure that I've actually ever that's, A. Great question jimmy i'm not Too sure that i've ever. Sent one back i've probably said it towards the end, of the meal maybe by. Way, OF feedback look i got to tell YOU normally when, i come here the past of the dish, is just fantastic whatever.
Speaker 2: It might be tonight it. Was really disappointing and it's and it's, worse, Because they, oh i'm sorry we've got a different. Chef in today the. Chef was sick one of the younger kids, was DOING it, and i, go that's fine but just by way of feedback and just sort of gently let you know for. A future reference and usually nine and a half times, out of. Yeah that's right and usually nine times out of, Ten they'll. Say, Norah's tone look I've just removed i've shouted you that bottle of wine or. Whatever, it, was, yeah. Yeah yeah yeah so it sort of works out. In the end but these people too are going to. Make you quit they've got, staff to pay they're, running a business and so they should. Appreciate the feedback and for, THE most part i think they do if, it is forthcoming, and you know because. They wanted to it's in their interest to be able to. Stay in business makes sense to listen.
Speaker 24: To the feedback see you're, a wise man are you? Coming to you, was a.
Speaker 2: Good good idea it's not, Always, the case jimmy as. You well know one double three six. Six nine three we'll get some. Calls on. That Of course jackie felgates program just After three. This wednesday? Afternoon what's happening.
Speaker 45: You know, My Favorite. Man matthew richardson richard will be in and we'll talk. About something exciting it depends what he brings in because it's it always. It always works last week we talked about vasectomies of.
Speaker 24: Things and it. Just went off so we'll see what he. Brings in today, it'll be exciting.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 2: Will be now my, spies tell me this is Why. You love richard my spies tell me that was. Your look alike was actually hosting a very important Function For The richmond football.
Speaker 45: Club last weekend it, wasn't very important but look they're scraping The. Barrel at richmond they're getting anyone. Now THESE days but i did get a gig there For the. PLAYER sponsor night i amced the event and that was thanks to, you as well because you said go out, And, do it jimmy go out and Go to toast masters and put. Yourself out there look AT you.
Speaker 2: Look vi now hosting big corporate rooms on Behalf Of The. Richmond football club oh you're two kinds, you're. Two kids mate we'll be tuned in from three. O'clock this afternoon nice to. Talk to you one double three. Six Nine three etiquette when you go out for a bite together, with, the friends, family loved ones who? Pays the bill how does it work? In your world one double three six Nine Three. For australia revenue oh that awkward moment you know when you're out and you've been out with a, group, of friends family loved ones and it comes time to pay the? Jack and jewel how does it work? In your world one double three. Six nine three look at all. The text messages everybody has a, view about it. Which is great i'm not going to get. To them all zero four double seven sixty nine three Six nine three for those, Sending the emails thank you overnights plural overnights at threeaw dot com dot au In, double view, beverlee good.
Speaker 47: Morning Good morning so jimmy thinks you're. LIKE a mocker i think you're like a banana ramah banana?
Speaker 2: Rama nice? Tart thank you are you a t or? A? COFFEE person bev, i HAVE both but.
Speaker 47: I prefer coffee now what.
Speaker 2: Sort of coffee do?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 28: Make.
Speaker 2: It at home do you go a? For your coffee do you grab? Your coffee here how do you? Have your coffee this is a very important issue, of the morning life.
Speaker 47: And death issues. It's A lot when i go to, A coffee shop i get ice last eight, AND at home i just Have coffee with stevia to. Make it, sweet oh so?
Speaker 2: So what's stevie that's a pretend? Sweetener is it.
Speaker 47: It's a, healthy, Herbal. Sweetener, right OKAY also while i was sitting out outside, OF coffee today i met. IT beautiful dog a man will buy with his, big black dog and he stopped by me and. Put his face it's a nice, thing to, DO and yeah. I patted him and then later in THE day when i was sitting next to the, in the lawn a girl passed by, with her big beautiful yellow dog who also came up to me and PUT his and i patted. Her, as.
Speaker 8: Well yeah.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous it's lovely but it's really lovely to, do that though when you. See the animals i'm not wild about dogs and, things IN cafes but i know people do. Well love. It thank you got to Move. On a, Tony good, Morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning, tony really, well Thank.
Speaker 27: You.
Speaker 38: That's tony yeah we normally. Split the bill we just eat what we want everybody and then at the end of the night there might be four couples and we'll just say, it's you know sixty five dollars a couple or one hundred. Dollars a couple but about two weeks ago we did. The same thing we, all GOT there so I ordered a i ordered two bottles of wine and three garlic breads for everyone. To have something and from the end, of the night they all just pay for, what THEY bought and i did not paying for all the, wines and stuff.
Speaker 2: So they only paid. For the food you get landed with those bottles of wine that you were picked.
Speaker 38: Up and the, garlic, bread yes great and.
Speaker 9: The.
Speaker 2: Garlic bread turn i'll let you go because your dodgy line. There, WAS fantastic look i. THINK it happens i wish we had more time to take some. Of these calls how do you manage that back in the day or not so much back. In the day, as we speak everyone's talking about the end of, the financial year, as we know BUT at nature b they're talking about how you can have better health for the rest. Of this Year, It Is, cookie jeff cook good morning At, nature b, Hey.
Speaker 41: Good morning yeah End, of financial yeah that's for accountants. And The encounters but i'm talking about.
Speaker 8: Good health that.
Speaker 41: Lasts All year and i've got a great invitation. For your listeners but for, first at first if you're feeling a, bit run down if you're lacking an energy of feeling a, Little bit secondhand i've. Got the solution i've got an invitation, offer for you which we'll.
Speaker 34: Talk, about shortly.
Speaker 2: Yeah we will So it's power we're talking about. The power pollen it makes power pollen a really different thing from certainly from other supplements because.
Speaker 25: Why sure is because.
Speaker 41: It's a food it's not a drag, or a medicine and it's jam packed. Full of goodness and, our potentiation process unique to nature be cracks open, the pollen grain making.
Speaker 43: It highly digestible it's.
Speaker 41: Nature's perfect fuel and these. Are the benefits you'll find, more natural energy energy that, lasts all, day stronger, immunity better sleep improve digestion. And, Improve, focus.
Speaker 2: Yeah cookie it is, a great boost especially during. The winter months what is the Offer for our australia overnight listeners this.
Speaker 41: Morning well, to buy one get one. Free off phone you can buy a thirty day SUPPLY of nature b power pollen today for just thirty nine ninety. Five plus delivery i'll give you another thirty. Days, for free heck that's enough for you and your partner to both experience. The benefits together and remember it comes with our risk free. Money back, guarantee all right.
Speaker 2: Where do we got to pick up?
Speaker 24: This?
Speaker 2: Wonderful offer jeff.
Speaker 41: Jump online to naturebee dot com or call us on one eight hundred one. Four seven NINE that's nature b with two e's in order today and get started on a new way.
Speaker 31: For your life you're.
Speaker 2: A Good man jeff cook there natureb dot com in which you can believe he's a. Birthday boy Today We think sir paul McCartney is a very young looking eighty three Of you Know Deal.
Speaker 6: And cela sam we're searching everyone ON THE.
Speaker 2: Three A w Bretty next That ross and russ are here tonight just after twelve looking forward to Catching Up with tracy sheen will ask THE question about ai helping kids? Learn Or cheat enda BRADY, From The Uk shane Ay, Bassett With Movies damian. Tardio round fifteen can? You believe it we're up to ROUND fifteen j. Afl footy tips so that's all, after midnight tonight All Part of australia Overnight.
Speaker 5: Long run Ban Deal and ceala sam such.
Speaker 2: Everyone sad and so young there well. Because he was he's, eighty Three Today The great. Sir paul McCartney i'm turning back for all we know we may. Never meet again may your, hand my hand our hands only ever be held out in friendship and never in want