Speaker 1: Nine podcasts. No I think I should. I don't think I should. But if I was a Sydney Swan's I'll be looking for one of those two. I'll be offering one of those two big guys a contract. Yep.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, Welcome, Daddie and Jimmy. As you may have picked up if you're a regular in the last couple of days. James Hurd is our Jimmy this week thanks to Tab and of course our great friends at Lexus A Blackburn. Jimmy, thank you for joining us. We're shorting, holding or buying. I didn't write this, but the first one is flag piles.
Speaker 1: We're buying. Absolutely, we're buying. Yeah or me. You're buying at the top so you typically you hold, but i'd buy a little bit more. That's top up.
Speaker 2: It's June.
Speaker 1: But at the minutely definitely holding. You maybe just add to your portfolio.
Speaker 2: You just just nibble away on the way out. Okay, Fremantle, I would be.
Speaker 1: I'd be holding. I can't buy them yet, wouldn't be selling like I was two weeks ago. But although they have got all these times, they've got North homegames for the flag. We're talking about the flag are we all buying and just in general just no original No, I'm holding.
Speaker 2: I'm still still holding. H Okay, it has to be asked. Bombers top eight.
Speaker 1: Selling that there you go West Coast future. Well, what what are we talking about the future? Short term, long term? Medium term? Short term we're definitely selling. I think medium term we're selling. And long term, well, I'm not buying them.
Speaker 2: There are we.
Speaker 1: Trying to get my head an argument to buy, but I just couldn't get there.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not doing anything because I'm not. I've sold a long way not in my portfolio, and I'm not buying them at the minute. Okay, Melbourne's goal kicking coach.
Speaker 1: Often goal it's probably Mark Williams, you know, and I would always buy Chocko. He's one of the best, meaning fully, Chocka. I'm buying anyone else. I'm selling Reuben.
Speaker 2: Ginbi uh.
Speaker 1: Now I'm buying. I like him.
Speaker 2: I'm holding holding Brass and Battle.
Speaker 1: It's interesting they're defending really well, but the argument is that they're really they're really inhibiting their boardment off halfback. So what do you what do you hold more? I'm holding, yeah, holding them.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be selling everyone bought after the round one two motivational three quarter time speeches.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no doubt motivation is important, but hopefully the person doesn't have to do the a cl before they give the speech. I'm actually buying what Callum Ward said, And yeah, I think it was as much about the speech, but it was much about the respect they had for him.
Speaker 2: I think occasionally, I mean you were not rent and raving all the time, but a bit of.
Speaker 1: A your five in your in your kit bag for the year. If you're a coach anyway, too many and a.
Speaker 2: Couple of games take care of themselves, you know, for example, Carlton sorts of games now.
Speaker 1: But I think Callum Ward speech to You're definitely buying that one.
Speaker 2: A League night Grand Finals on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: I love my soccer. My son was part of an A League program for a long time. But I missed it. To say, I'm not I'll watched it go.
Speaker 2: And look, I mean there was I think there's a bit of very overreaction with them marching down the streets, but they did carry on at the start. So you can do whatever you like, just don't wreck things. Okay the flares, Yeah, I'm sort of you know, it's mimicking the international. Yeah, I mean the only thing is is that the next day they burnt down France, burnt down Paris.
Speaker 1: After the Paris and Jamaina that was that was quite disturbing.
Speaker 2: And the history over here between these two teams had took the eye out of the opposition goalie and all that sort of stuff. And the ultras here are mad so that they're wanting to go. So if it was done, beat the drum, chant the songs, all that.
Speaker 1: They're saying, it shouldn't be played at night, should played a day because of both behaved.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not that it was more just did you like it? I think it was more to the point they were able to do a few good things.
Speaker 1: I love soccer atmosphere, having any games overseas. I think it's incredible. English Premierleague APUD is amazing. But there are some elements of it that.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, and not many women and less and less.
Speaker 2: And so the question there is, of course, is we've seen now the lead into indigenous round, dream time at the g what you can do at nighttime.
Speaker 1: With the pre match fantastic. It is great.
Speaker 2: Selling games DS to the Northern Territory, North Melbourne playing in Bunbury.
Speaker 1: Well, I was fortunately part of the club that didn't have to do it, but the financial realities sometimes clubs just need the cash. But you can almost guarantee certainly that by selling that game you are hurting your performance unless own it well, like Gold Coast have done up in Darwin. Then they haven't lost a game up there and they beaten team. So so these.
Speaker 2: One last year they've got done this time.
Speaker 1: I mean they missed a few times, but it's more it's more about the demons where they are as a team rather than actually selling the game. It's just not quite good enough at the moment.
Speaker 2: North Melbourne and Bunbury. Look, I you know, as I said, I'd rather they focus somewhere else, yeah, and do it properly. But anyway, that's up to them. Not my worry except this, but it's certainly it is my worry if I'm if Freemantle are getting an extra game, an extra game King's Birthday football.
Speaker 1: Or buying, absolutely buying. It's a fantastic tradition and King's Birthday has been great Melvine calling for a long time. But it's even better now with the Big Freeze and supporting fight M and D, and what's happened with Neil Dano has been incredible.
Speaker 2: It's Neil's game. I'm looking out there donating now. It's going to be unbelievable. See what I'd like, I'd like.
Speaker 1: You've been down the slide. Yeah, your character wore a suit, so nothing changed.
Speaker 2: And I sold off all the like a I was like a Formula one driver and actually made a couple undergrand Yeah at least underground. Yeah, so ten thousand ago all that so I was commercial. I was sort of be myself.
Speaker 1: Jesus cold it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's bracing, like you hit it, pop up or oh and suddenly your core temperatures. It's because Peter Darkins was there. He interviews I'm about to go down. Be careful. You know you can get a heart at thanks. But last week you tell me that you know I would have put a wet suit on underneath. It's like Nathan Buckley went down as a fireman. I mean he wouldn't have even felt the water. Okay, you know a man. Tell Buft, I said the Dukes Peter days and I said, mate, you want to be careful. Pick something that you get a suit, the costume, exactly, get the whole thing, you know. But it is wonderful King's Birthday and it's become a great tradition for you know. What I'd really like to see. I'd like to see leave out the political side of this, because I don't think I don't know whether Australia works these days. And I know historically in other countries in my heritage being Scottish and Irish or Irish, but my father's Scottish but the virus descent. But these have the orange walk, you know, and that's still heavy duty. And in the old days, you know, there was no and that was remembering the Battle of the Boyne from hundreds of years ago still doesn't go down well. So I can I really understand where indigenous Australia come from on Australia Day and I go, okay, what's a historical fact? There was settlement there on the twenty sixth of January. Okay, that's fine, but does that need to be the day that creates Australia. So I would like to suggest, okay, I'm not driving this, but I don't care if you like it or not. Here's what I reckon. I'd love to see us have First Nation's Fortnite. All right, so we have the two games, and I'd like to start with an integrated campaign at schools teaching the genuine history of what happened and and you know, not just from an indigenous ot of view, but from many people realized that lar Perus was in the harbor at the same time the Frenchman when Governor Phillip arrived. People don't know that there's a town, there's a suburb called lar Peru's. They were there. The French were there. The people know the dirt hark Top had come to Australia and had charted the west coast of Australia. You know, the little bit of trivia, the original the Dutchmen. Yeah, but the original maps are owned by Kerry Stakes. He's got the original maps. They unbelievable talk about yeah, by the Dutch. So you know Van Demon's Land was the Dutch. I mean, so there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the history of the western part of Australia was it was navigated much before this, much before.
Speaker 2: The Indonesians came down on. We have to look at some of our indigenous friends up up in Northern Australia. See there's the Asian influence and things like that. I forget, so not forget all that. Let's learn about all that is what I'm trying to say. I'd love to see all that. Then we're all into how what the future is that we need to do? So we need to if we're going to play in Alo Springs, I'd love to see AFL player a really big role in ol Springs and in Darwin. You know the federal government gave bit of the Landi's sixty million dollars sixty five six six hundred seven hundred million dollars to play games for softer plombacy In Pabu, New Guinea, can we have the same place and try and make a difference.
Speaker 1: But if you've read about the rules, they're going to be living in a commune there, the players, it's a lot of issues not being solved through the safety issues. He's got the money, he's got the money, but how.
Speaker 2: But I'd love to see us really do that. In footy, we're Australia's indigenous game. Are indigenous players are such a part of it. Let's do something really in pap New Guinea.
Speaker 1: A long time ago. It was yeah before regularly.
Speaker 2: And it was in New Zealand too. You know what happened was it was when the war after World War One and then it split a little bit on sectarian lines with New South Wales because of conscription and things like that, went to Rugby, and then Victoria had Archbishop Mannix down here and the game was so popular down here, so we lost a really good opportunity. But then what I'd like to see is, and I'm a Republican and no disrespect to King Charles or anybody else, but I'd love to see this game then become multicultural Australia out and have all the nationals people being naturalized on this day and make it a really big it's a long weekend, barbecues, Neil's slide. There's nothing more Australian than that of Neil down off the farm from Hungary, all the great things. And then so you have three weekends here the Indigenous understand it, pay tribute, do all those things, then reconcile together and then ultimately say right, well.
Speaker 1: Since controversial game of the indigenous Australia and the multiculture side of Australia, we're all multiple. None of us.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: We all come from somewhere that's not Australia, not indigenous. Well there's a celebration of who we are.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing I mean I mean is that I'm I'm Irish. I'm the first one of my family born here, you know, and my family goes back to being driven off the lands by the British and having their culture and our language taken away and being starved. The first genocide they caught, the potato famine, was plenty of potatoes they just wouldn't get into. The farmists took all the maize and sold it and all that sort of stuff. So you know, there's a bit of that, but you've got to at some stage say that was a moment in time. Let's learn and move forward. And similarly, I think there is a lot of people these days, you know, the African kids coming in, they're coming from pretty horrific backgrounds as well.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting you when you work with some of the Sudanese and afl to someone's stories and you go, wow, that's a that's a background that.
Speaker 2: Biggie Newan's a great friend of my boys, and myself is lovely that's just one of the best kids ever come into my house and you know, he tells you some of the stories of his background and things. That's wow. So my point there is that I would love to get to the end of Indigenous First Nation fortnite and then multicultural with a big celebration of where the future of Australia is and pick out some things and say, right, let's go and solve that. Okay, if it means we're going to really launch into Alice Springs and build schools and build pathway, isn't it right?
Speaker 1: That's it. We're going flat out on You think Alice Springs is a better place for the ANFL team or dnt Darwin?
Speaker 2: You like, alis is too small and it's it's so clear, so problematic that but I'd put it. But if I'm playing team in Darwin, I'm playing it to Alice. So you hook them all up and get everyone in between Tenant Creek and all those sorts of things. But I think Darwin, particularly with the US bases up there now and the opportunity for trade between you know, and some of the things they're doing with solar paneling and energy, Darwin's going to be an area that's going to grow, I think anyway, just my opinion, I think we solved the problems a little bit listening to Kingsburder right in or out thanks by this lets a Blackburn. So this is in big time Andrew Moore and the team. In the financial year opportunities come out ends June thirty. Obviously MCT one double O nine to three terms of conditions apply. But if there are inner financial year opportunities, you might even get some of the cars that I've been driving around and they're rippers, just run them in for it. Might I just take them to church on Sundays are out. If reports are true, Carlton should not be looking to trade the likes of Walsh, Kerno or Mackay.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I should. I don't think I should. But if I was a Sydney Swan's I'll be looking for on those two. I'll be offering one of those two big guys a contract. Yep.
Speaker 2: It's now never for the Hawks to get their season going in or out. Yeah, it's in in ye yepes and have to go in his favorites against Carton this Sunday night.
Speaker 1: I think they will are their form I think they're both. We're excellent on Thursday night. It's the best I've seen them play in a long time.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that.
Speaker 1: Just a second watch it. Hopefully not in the crowd. It's on the ground.
Speaker 2: No, that's exactly. Adelaide or Adelaide versus Brisbane is must watch, mouth watering cinema.
Speaker 1: In Adelaide or Brisbane. Adelaide Adelaide absolutely in.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I like to apologize in advance, in.
Speaker 1: Case apologize if we win. I'm taking your only conduct this is it's not me, because he said, the most apologetic team in the AFL.
Speaker 2: If the experienced Swans can't get it done against the Tigers, the Cubs wow.
Speaker 1: In or out ah are in, but they will. Swans will get it done in North Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Should be playing a non West Australian team in Bunbury this Sunday.
Speaker 1: No, exactly so. And if they if they're playing non West Australian team, who would go Yeah, that's the reason they sold this. Who would go there? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly? And Bunbury I don't I don't mind the fact it's in Bunbury. They've got to make their money, I suppose. But the game's got enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, whatever they do.
Speaker 2: The AFL's given them what twenty million, give them twenty one, but set them up properly for the future. Ditch on field sponsorship markings for digital watermarks on broadcasts. Yeah, they get a bit of real estate for that, that's part of it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't worry me. I think you mean on field painting.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if that means during the indigenous round, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: They've got funds the game, whether you like it or not, funds a game.
Speaker 2: They left the indigenous markings in the center. Squirtine soup. What's that? Amy? Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Amy rebel Toyota.
Speaker 1: Telstra funds the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, it doesn't worry mate much. I mean having a Telstra at fifty rather than a fifty. I'd rather get that.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the money in all right. Give Nate Caddy number eighteen in or out.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see Nadie. What's he wearing? Number number ten? He's wearing John Coleman number. Isn't he wearing number ten? If I got that?
Speaker 2: Noon, I mean he's great, thirty thirty, I've.
Speaker 1: Got it wrong. Number. What's the number ten. Kevin Walsh spitfire a number. I be great to see either aid or number ten.
Speaker 2: Ken Fraser thirty.
Speaker 1: You got me there.
Speaker 2: I think he was handy number if you knew your history.
Speaker 1: Daniel know when his his number, but I do know his Premiershire captain exactly, sensational, one.
Speaker 2: Of the great people of football.
Speaker 1: Kid Fraser, my son?
Speaker 2: Did you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Mark played a colin then became an umpire.
Speaker 1: Too, fittest I've ever played.
Speaker 2: With, and a physiotherapist and a great fellow. Okay, around twelve tips. Jimmy got five last week, as did I. I noticed that my son brought it to my attention that I'm leading on the Channel nine website even I was in the competition. But there you go. Right, this is the second week by a round thirteen. You have to give me the winner and points. Bulldogs and Hawthorne.
Speaker 1: Oh, Bulldogs by ten.
Speaker 2: Bulldogs by eighteen, all right, Adelaide and.
Speaker 1: Brisbane Brisbane by twelve.
Speaker 2: This is it for Adelaide, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Brisbane. I'll sit with Brisbane. They've been ordinary the last.
Speaker 1: Time I hadtruggling, but I think this will be a challenge.
Speaker 2: They need yeah, okay, so Brisbane, I'll say Brisbane by six Saturday. Richmond Sydney here at the.
Speaker 1: M C year by five goals.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Why are they just as Mills back.
Speaker 1: I just think they're they're better team all around. Yeah, Richmond are so I'm loving what Richmond's doing. So you're so young. I mean what they did of this on the weekend was and they almost bet Esston, they almost beat North. They're doing remarkable things so young.
Speaker 2: And I love the Tiger fans. They've embraced what they've got.
Speaker 1: Ye, and young teams are up and down. They have one week. Wouldn't be surprised if they do win. But I just think they're too young in Sydney. If they can ye, Sydney by twelve. Geelong Gold Coast at gm HB a long by four goals, long by. They're coming back from Perth on a Sundays at a six day break, six day break and I still think.
Speaker 2: Long Yep, he went for Gold Coast. They're gonna stop winning these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that was a bad loss on the weekend, it was, Yeah, but I'll go with Geelong. In Geelong's.
Speaker 2: Camera Jeda bes versus Port.
Speaker 1: Adelaide jedos By eighteen.
Speaker 2: Jedobs By thirty. They get on top of the North and West Coast on Sunday afternoon. North North by three gus this in Bunbury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not West Coast. It's not their home around either, No up the road. I just think I like what I really like what North's doing. They're getting closer and closer. They're being a really good football team and they'll pop out really scary soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. So they win by twenty four. I think they do what everyone does and run over the top of them. Carlton and isn't.
Speaker 1: The bombers The Bombers by three will be tough for the bombers. They got a lot of injuries. Bombs by three goals.
Speaker 2: It's like choosing between electric chair and the forest.
Speaker 1: At least the quicker drawer.
Speaker 2: I go the bombers, all right, like us if you.
Speaker 1: Made thanks my brother your brother's supporter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll stick with him. And because it's just so much more fun to give it to the council.
Speaker 1: I've got to cut the carton mate too. They're just they're so passionate. It's good they get so calm up toos he is the best coach in the world one day and he couldn't count coach a schoolyard team. The next day is there's nothing in between.
Speaker 2: And it's going to take a Colin would like to fix him up to Monday, the big one. The preliminaries are going on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then we arrive right here the Homer Football. What Nil's game?
Speaker 1: You can't see the Pies losing five goals. At least I would have improved up until last weekend, but Colin was just two time.
Speaker 2: Might have to come by training, I reckon, just to make sure you let them, Let them boys, come on. Give it to this mold back. All right. That's it there, Pis get stuck in up absolutely win by thirty sain Kilda and Freeman have the bar. Follow myself and Jimmy and Jimmy Button. In fact it can I ask you a favorite kid? Do you mind as if you you might have to come in a bit with might have Jimmy and Jimmy at.
Speaker 1: Some stage, and then we're trying to work at some dates. Yet thank you for doing that.
Speaker 2: Because I'm an assignment.
Speaker 1: You're on a stadium too. I can't believe we all believed on the show that you're on the stadium tours that you're going to one stadium. No, not three weeks to see one.
Speaker 2: I am going to go to uh. I'm going to go down the Portchu. We're going to go to see with Celtic One that you have been.
Speaker 1: Capped sixty seven in Lisbon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Lisbon lines. I know that's heart sluck lines. Thanks, thanks thanks to Tab, Thanks thanks to Tab, and thanks to Lexus the Blackburn. This has been Eddie and Jimmy. Jimmy heard that is and we'll catch you next week.