Speaker 1: The airways. That's requests you requested. Baby, you don't have to play.
Speaker 2: Into Shray and you seem lack of friends.
Speaker 1: I'm still sure that's not the original version. I'd like to find it. It sounds like an overproduced, over harmonized version of the Great Pilot of the Airwaves.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just the fact that your memory isn't what it is.
Speaker 1: That as well, don't laugh. Nice to see Nathan Gosh.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning to you, Tony morning day morning. Everyone wheels down, wheels down, chucks in and breaks a set.
Speaker 1: We've got our little bottles of water side by side, and I've gone off the fruit and nut. I just sort of chaer with you.
Speaker 2: No so too much fiber, barney banana, bunny banana.
Speaker 1: That was only because it's quicker and easier to eat during the cereal. Yeah, And some of the listeners said, you know, some of that fruit really good, but it's just a lot of sugar.
Speaker 2: It is. It's intense because all the water's removed from the fruit, but all the sugar's still there.
Speaker 1: I love the apple, I love those. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what's my favorite? Dried mango? Oh, I would gorgeous get it in Cans. There's a gentleman up at Rusty's Market in Cans and he drives his own and it costs a fortune, but all it is is dried mango and a little bit of lime juice to stop it from going black. And you can just eat it and eat it and eat it, and you know about it the next day. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It does the job. Rusty's Rusties Market Meat, I remember it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's a big, big fresh food all the produce, fresh produce market up in Cans. Sadly, we don't overnight there anymore, so I haven't been able to head down. But you just look at all the tropical fruits and vegetables things up there. It's just fantastic.
Speaker 1: For those that don't know, and I'm sure most do, but if you're just tuning in, perhaps for the first time in a long time. Nathan Kosh is a Quantus pilot, so we've got a fair bit to talk about. We'll talk about some of those zero planes that we're doing the job over the last couple of days, so we'll get to that in just a moment. But he's also a highly regarded vet. Now we don't want to waste time in terms of just what I'm trying to say is jump on board nice and early because time will be limited. I don't know what if that means.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's a limited offer. It's a limit. That's only you know, first one million.
Speaker 1: That's right, ring the first one million to call, you will be part of it. Wondervel three six nine three. I'm just looking at the executive producer from the previous program here on three aw Yes, you know about the person who.
Speaker 2: Must speak there is There is only one. There could only ever be one, Simon Owen.
Speaker 1: Simon Owen's doing an extraordinary job next door. But here in the studio two from where we operate is the one and only J. So when you ring through, it's Jay's the first voice you will hear. Yes. And so when you ring through one double three six nine three, or for perthless is one double three eight to eighty two, you ring through and chill say hello, can I help you? Three O? W isn't that?
Speaker 2: But isn't the first voice you hear going to be I'm sorry your call could not be connected.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh, just to just pretend to do so, Let's pretend that we are calls to the program again, J, just so people feel confident in your voice. Three O W. What's your name?
Speaker 2: It's too direct, too direct. You know, you can't just walk up to someone and say, what's your name?
Speaker 1: It needs to be a little warmer, a little more familiar. Hello, because these people think they know you, and they probably do. Hello. That's that's spare Hello, I'm J from three A W. That's right. Hello, it's J speaking speaking.
Speaker 2: Yes, how may I help you?
Speaker 1: That's right? Would you like to talk to Tony and Kashi? Yes? Right, No, you don't know.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 1: This sort of stuff works so well in rehearsal. Let's take a couple of calls. Nathan cost is here one double three six nine three for our listeners via the ACE Radio Network. You can be part of it as well. We have a whole lot of fun for at least a couple of hours and enjoy each other's company. It's really what it's all about. One double three six nine three Ace Radio Network, five double A in Adelaide. Hello, Maddie's pulled a pin for his nighttime program over there. So Maddie, thank you for everything you do at five double A in Adelaide and the great team at six pr in Perth one double three eight eighty two. Let's go, Jimmy morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Tony, Nathan and Jay first of Paul good More have good morning and happy birthday Tokira for her birthday this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes it is, and many happy returns, Cairah.
Speaker 3: And she's a regular call on an open Nathan's herder, You're furder. She's called you several times.
Speaker 2: And if you stick around, Jim, you might even hear her in a very short while.
Speaker 1: The Greg Kaira having a birthday.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she will be on because she said she would. But I was telling Tony last night about the unbelievable story of the kitten that got the owners were looking for her was having a nap in the washing machine. They had clothes in it and they put it through the watch type six month old Persian type looking kitten, and the vets that treated her said it was like a miracle and they had more than nine lives.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's always I didn't, but it always reminds me. You know, in the Warner Brothers cartoons, there's there's the cats, and when they open the washing machine door, it sort of floats out like a big, a big fluff ball. But yes, it is a very lucky kitten, I presume it. Well, a front loader washer doesn't have all that much water, so it might have that. If it was a top loader, I think it would have been drowned because of course they filled right up. But yeah, you do hear stories like that from time to time. And there was a story back from World War two days of a cat that jumped into when they were crating up one of the fighter aircraft and they used to coat them in an oil so when they shipped them across to Europe that they didn't corrode on their way across the sea. And this cat happened to be going for a snooze in the crate and got locked up in the crate. And then when they opened the crate in the UK, presumably out hopped this cat. And it had survived by licking the oil that was covering the aircraft or covering the engine so that't it wouldn't corrode, and that's what kept it going for however, many months it was locked up while they shipped the aircraft across to Europe.
Speaker 1: Great story, GYM, always good to chat thank you, Tiffy, Morning.
Speaker 4: Morning, Darling Mackie, eat Cashey Australia JJ and including sweeping and people.
Speaker 5: Yes, and happy birthday, Caira.
Speaker 2: Yes, have your birthday, Kyra.
Speaker 4: Yes, a little update of my darling puppy. He's sleeping all the time as usual. He grazes with his food all day because you know he's old and he's an old bag.
Speaker 6: And oh well.
Speaker 2: I graze all day. To Tiffy, I think that's half of my problem.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 4: No, no, well he doesn't have any he doesn't really have any teeth anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh that's more like Tony.
Speaker 4: Yes, but he just sleeps. He just sleeps and wakes up, goes, salop, grazes, sleeps like because all that. But today is a week until he turns eleven next week on the first of July.
Speaker 2: There you go, a very good innings. You've looked after him well over the years.
Speaker 4: He's like two kilos.
Speaker 7: And I never thought he'd live as long as this because darling Safie boy, who I missed like l he died at six. Yes, yep, no, your fettle boys still going eleven nearly.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a bit like us, isn't it. You know, some people sadly pass very early and some people live to one hundred. So he's got good genes plus a good upbringing, and so you've you've done the right thing, and he's still hanging in there. And next week we can celebrate his eleventh birthday.
Speaker 8: We will.
Speaker 2: Indeed, you're only two.
Speaker 1: If you always good to have you on the program. Thank you for being part of it. If you'd like to join us, you can do that as well. Wonderuble three six nine three, text line zero four double seven six nine three six nine three and emails overnights at three aw dot com dot au. Great friend of this program, great friend of deenisis program, wonderful friend over many years of three aw IS and she's only thirty eight today. Happy birthday, Caira, Hello Chiny, Hello.
Speaker 2: Nathan, Happy birthday Kira.
Speaker 1: Were well, Thank you and many happy returns, Caira, many happy returns to you.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Tony, Thank you, Tony. I wish I was thirty eight sixty six today. And Tony, remember I've been telling you I've got some good news.
Speaker 1: You do no, just remind us for those right across Australia.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I will here as your everybody all over austrain, no is on got cancer very bad and everything. I went today for key.
Speaker 1: Mate, And what did they say at.
Speaker 9: The moment, Tony, were walking on suntine on quiet ninth. I am now back in remission.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Wow, that's great.
Speaker 9: At the moment, back in remission, You're fabulous. And that's the best sixty six birthday news I've heard. Also, Tony, I'm going to be a great grandmother for the second time. And I'm going to be a manner again. So this will be number eighteen again. I would have would have been nineteen, but one passed away.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, we've been very busy. Kira.
Speaker 1: What an amazing family.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, they're all growing up, all me kids who love me, miss seven or eighteen grand Oh, well, will be again. They all love me. You know what I'm thinking, I am changing my name. I go to birthday some marriages on Wednesday or Thursday and we see Karra Malwana Gaale. It'll be special, Kira Malwana Gail.
Speaker 2: It'll be special special, that's very special.
Speaker 9: It is nicing to me.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, Kira, we're thrilled. We're thrilled to commemorate your beautiful birthday. Today. What have you got planned for today?
Speaker 9: What if it was not playing today? Well, I'm going to like it. I'm with it on a wall. Who will stick? You know? Yeah, there's about twelve of them. They're all going to take me to Limerick. You know, hotel there for lunch and you know I just have lunch stay.
Speaker 1: So which hotel the Limerick?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 9: We hotel? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Set in South Melbourne.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, lime Brook, not Memory.
Speaker 1: I was going to say Liberal coaches, Yes, right, the liberal coaches.
Speaker 9: Where I live? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What time are we meeting?
Speaker 9: Caira twelve thirty?
Speaker 1: All right, Well I'll be there around about twenty five past.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's all right.
Speaker 10: A couple of old supply.
Speaker 1: The love and the food, and I'll supply the grog and the mood.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that'll be nice.
Speaker 1: And as into singing, Hey, we'll do a bit of singing. We'll do a bit of dancing. That will do a bit more singing. Then we'll do a bit more dancing. Then we might do a bit of kissing.
Speaker 9: I like to dance. Tony, are really a good dancer?
Speaker 1: Well, I know you're a very good dancer. My spies tell me a very very good dancer.
Speaker 9: Oh, yeah, yeah, I am, Yeah, I am a good bea because I'm going to countdown.
Speaker 11: You know, I.
Speaker 9: Couldn't go to the Titanic today, turning out to go to Plute McCollum.
Speaker 1: That's more important than that.
Speaker 9: Was sad but doesn't matter. And then tomorrow night, my seventeen grandchildren and my three kids, two girls, one boy, and my parents at ninety three ninety four coming down from Mafra for a very special tea for me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you've got a fair bit of going on, Kara. Enjoy this beautiful celebration on this your thirty eighth and have a fantastic stick a time.
Speaker 9: Could you play me as Sin the same before? Thank you everyone for wishing the happy birthday. If you could please turn on really please it, please love, if you could play me on this you know, let the Midnight Special shine a light on me?
Speaker 1: The Midnight Special? Which version singing the Whole Life?
Speaker 9: I don't know, Jess, I'm getting old now.
Speaker 1: So who who sang the Who? Which version did you want of that song?
Speaker 9: It's the Midnight Special that shine a Light on me?
Speaker 1: What from Creeden's clear Water Revival? Yes, all right, we'll see we can do that a bit later on keep listening. You look after yourself, Kira, and there's a great news that you're on the men, hopefully on the men, God willing.
Speaker 2: And how lovely Kira's parents, her generation and.
Speaker 1: Great good say that's what five jeans.
Speaker 2: Five generations. I'll say, that's wonderful.
Speaker 1: And wonderful to be together. Lenny morning, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Tony Nathan. I was going to look at craft, but after listening to Cora really guys with her birthday and everything, and I wish you were a very happy birthday, Cora. I hope you have a good time. I think, what if the Saint Kilda Football Club, because I know she follows Saint Kilda, what if they get him two for to do the pre match address like one.
Speaker 1: Of the coming months at idea that's good. Sorry, I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 10: I'm saying mccrue's mum got up there and everyone was expecting Craig mccrador do the pre match address and cruise mum got up there and she followed him up. And I'll tell you what this woman, I know how long she's been battling this cancer. She's a fire and I think she'd be the perfect person do a prematch address to the same football club.
Speaker 2: Well, someone's got to do something to fire them up. They're not doing much firing at the minute. That's for surely. Whatever it takes, whatever it takes, got to try something out of the square. I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Then it's a very good suggestion, and thank you for making it. One double three six nine three your calls. Come and join us the other side.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: If you happen to have a sick pet, well, the great Nathan Cautious here. If there's a little puppy or a cat, one of your much loved animals at home that needs a bit of help, support and tender loving care, now would be a really good time you'll jump on board one double three six nine three. You just said off it to me, I reckon whoever it was. But you can't finish that sentence.
Speaker 2: Now, No, that's not what I said at all.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 2: No? I was just going to pass a comment about your microphone, because now instead of hanging down you are. Now what's the word I can use?
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like we've got a twist my head around.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you're going to they're gonna have to hang a chair upside down from the ceiling so that it works properly.
Speaker 1: Well, it is, and it just feels like it's one of those things we'll get used to. But it's in a slightly different position. So after forty five.
Speaker 2: Years, Yes, all of a sudden you have to change somebody's thought. Oh, we've got a better way of doing it.
Speaker 1: Yes, really, anyway, so I'll get used to it. But it feels really really odd. It feels as if I'm talking down to the down to the table instead of across to the audience.
Speaker 2: Yes, they do need to stick a phone, but we don't have them anymore. Do we wake a phone book underneath it to raise it a little bit?
Speaker 1: Well, I would, but it's stuck. Yes, it's a bit weird. Anyway, we'll get used to it. Keith the Painesville good morning.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Kennie, I promise I want tot.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. It's good now. I don't know whether you know Nathan Kosh, do you? Keith?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 6: Keith?
Speaker 12: Look you know what Nathan. I did speak to you because my son passed away a few months ago and I inherited his Yes, yes, yes, he gave me some advice, but unfortunately we had to put him down last week. Oh sorry, Yeah, and he was riddled with arthritis. Yes, and he went in the back legs and he couldn't get up.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's not no, no, con't miss all the time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he looked just a beautiful dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Riches, it was the link with my son, yes, of course, but you know, unfortunately we have to look after the dog's interest and if it reached a point where he can't keep going, you know, you made the hardest decision, but the right decision, of course it is. So it's another another blow.
Speaker 12: And of course, well great bread, Greg did the Greg Evans did the eulogy from us and any rate, Tony. I was back to him today at length. He is, he's going to he's like a kid, he guess. Really he wants to talk to me. I forget, and so he's going to give you a call.
Speaker 1: You would love to have a chat.
Speaker 12: You worked at Did you work at a K somewhere with him?
Speaker 1: Did work for a little bit at the old free a K with John Blackman back in those days. But that's going back to for a little bit of Time's.
Speaker 12: Great and and he's actually he goes away and with the time they got north. Yeah, but anyway, he's going to ring you. And he said, I call you my ambassador.
Speaker 1: You know, that's very that's very kind.
Speaker 12: You've been close friends for a long time. And he's excited. So he's going to give you a ring. And he said, if he wants to have a chat on radio about the old days, I'm more than happy.
Speaker 1: He's a good man, Keith, thank you for passing that. Missus. John.
Speaker 12: By the way, he told me you were a great Lake two.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he doesn't know you very well.
Speaker 1: He might be he might be getting mixed up with another McManus, Yes, Rove, he probably he probably thought you were talking about Rove.
Speaker 2: All right, good, good on.
Speaker 1: Keithy fags.
Speaker 2: Thanks Keith.
Speaker 1: In that lovely when you think about those times we were talking about in the program yesterdayse amazing times in Melbourne four three x y and the great lineup that they had in his days that many of the audience grew up listening into the seventies and seventies was such an amazing time for the concerts and the sort of incredible things that they were doing, of which Greg was such an important.
Speaker 2: Part he was, and of course the whole generation knew him as the host of Perfect Match.
Speaker 1: Did your mate Lee Simon worked at X y.
Speaker 2: Two, He did, He was on air and by the time I got to know Lee, he was the program director at Triple M. Triple M, and from program director he went to be the head of sport there because of course Triple MD.
Speaker 1: Long time he.
Speaker 2: Did, and retired from their only fairly recently, really, and we catch up every now and again. An absolutely lovely guy and gave me a start. I had no clue about anything, and just because I'd organized a week long story, but one of our aircraft that we had at the flying school where I was had radios and things all decked out, and Lee was prepared to give me a go as the traffic reporter, and you know, the rest is history. A really lovely guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very much so. The Survivor's lunch that I went to on Saturday in Hotels Beautiful is great gathering and so many people, some of whom you would know, many of which you may not know, but they said, how lovely it is when you're on the program with me for a couple of hours during the week.
Speaker 2: That's very kind of people to say. I mean, I love being here. It's worth getting up in the middle of the night to come and have a chat with everybody and with you.
Speaker 1: So it's night for you, but for me it's early morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: My middle of the night is about eleven thirty, just prided unto Justin speaking of elite athletes, are you familiar with Justin's work? Indeed, Justin, goodbrling.
Speaker 6: Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: How are we we will?
Speaker 13: Yeah, just quickly, I'm just going to make the short and sleep that the airplane that was in India that crashed, what sort of dreamline was that?
Speaker 2: And as a seven eight to seven eight hundred.
Speaker 6: And is that equivalent to the Quantus Streamliner or not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, it's the most common version of them, and they've been flying around for ten years without any issue, and so now it's all now so again till now. Yeah, So there's certainly I believe they've recovered the data recorders and they've recovered the voice recorder, and they're starting to put the pieces together. But there's certainly been lots of speculation and lots of theories. But hopefully we'll have at least a preliminary report as to what happened. Of course, not only is it important for those involved and for the poor families involved and all the people at Air India and Boeing and everyone else who's been affected by it, but they need to confirm whether or not there's any sort of systemic issue with the aircraft. I suspect that there isn't. And then you know, once they know exactly what it is, then they'll know if they need to do any inspections or checks or whatever with the other the rest of the fleet that's flowing around the world. But it's got many, many millions of miles of safe aviation. So yeah, there's a few things there that don't quite add up, but hopefully we'll get some answers pretty soon.
Speaker 1: And so those answers obviously will be forthcoming in the fullness of time, as I used to say, and that becomes important as part of the process you go through in a dreadful situation like this.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, look, when it comes to investigations, there are three parts to it. There's the what happened obviously, when to know what happened, then we have a look at why did it happen? And let's say, if it turns out to be I'm only speculating, I'm not saying, but let's say it's human related, then they dig a bit deeper and say, well, why they look at their rosters, they look at their training, they look at everything, and you know where they set up because they had inadequate training, or because they've been working so many hours that they were fatigued and might have made a mistake. All that type of thing. With the main name of all of this is to work out why and so we can stop it from happening again. So, you know, we really need to just make sure that there isn't something that is preventable in the future, and if there is, then there might be either just information put out there, there might be if it turns out to be something mechanical or electronic, then they'll inspect all of the rest of the fleet. So we just need to make sure that it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that feedback. I think most of us were intrigued just in the last forty eight hours with this B two bomber. I was certainly not formidiar. I'm sure people in aviation were definitely familiar, but what an intriguing piece of equipment. Just quite an extraordinary looking thing. What do you know about it that we don't know?
Speaker 2: I could tell you, but then i'd have to kill you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course sec. But what an extraordinary looking thing it is. And would those, to the best of your knowledge, those pilot or pilots presumably flying that doing that sortie was really some hours? Yeah, they wouldn't have been having a break? Well, how would that be managed? No?
Speaker 2: Would they would do like we do in on longer flights that you can do what's called controlled rest, and that is you just sit in the seat, you can close your eyes for a little while. You just tell the other pilot that you know, you'd like to have a little bit of aziz, turn the radios down and say you don't get the noise. And then the aim is you only do it for a short period twenty or thirty minutes, because if you let yourself go for longer, you get into the deeper part of the sleep cycle, and then when you wake up you get what's called sleep inertia, so you're a little bit out of it for a while. But if you do that twenty or thirty minute little nap, that's just enough for a recharge and to keep them going. And obviously it was a very long mission, so they have to manage their workload and manage their fatigue because they would have had mid air refueling to go all that way.
Speaker 1: And presumably at that level then, Nathan, those people are trained within.
Speaker 2: A centimeter absolutely. You know. I don't know any of those involved in anything like that, but I was fortunate enough at the Avalon Air Show this year to be talking to some of the people who had come out from the States with a Raptor and all the other aircraft that they had, and what an amazing bunch of people, plus some of our RAAF people as well. Extraordinary bunch of people, and quite a number of them that retire out of the Air Force and up in the air and I certainly work with some of those. Yeah, very well trained and just incredible people, and they do an amazing job, and they're very well aware of the consequences of their actions, so very very responsible people.
Speaker 1: Murray's in mentone, Kevin join us, Murray, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Nathan, is there Chris Noonan still flying with Quata.
Speaker 2: There is indeed, oh God, Newnhamnham.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, many years ago.
Speaker 11: I was on a flight because I went to school with him, and I was invited up to the cockpit.
Speaker 6: Yes, which you can't do now.
Speaker 11: And I actually landed at Tullermarine in the cockpit, which was absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Yes, we used to be able to do that. I was fortunate enough back in the days before September eleven to do the same. And I think one of the really sad things, and we talk about this all the time, is that the youngsters don't get the opportunity to do that and maybe have a look and say, hey, I'd love to do what you guys are doing. So it is. It's a real tragedy what happened after September eleventh, of course for many many reasons. But yeah, Chris is still going. In fact, I waved at him about two days ago. He was about to do a walk around of an aircraft and I saw him there, so yeah, he's like, which was the paint company that keeps on keeping on? It's no, that was the other one.
Speaker 1: We don't talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which one was?
Speaker 1: That's a very good question.
Speaker 2: Was it Burger Paints with John Mellion who used to do the ads. I think keep on keeping on. But yeah, Chris, he had an incredible medical story and was within seconds of losing his life. And the fact that he happened to be in hospital when it happened. They shot him up to surgery and saved his life and his back flying again. So incredible story. He is a lovely guy, very very experienced, and yeah, yes I will next time I see him, I will pass on your regards.
Speaker 14: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Are you're welcome?
Speaker 1: Mark, Good on you, Murray, thank you for the calls. Plenty of calls waiting. We'll get to it in just a moment. David and Karen will come to you next one double three six nine three if you'd like to be part of it, one double three six nine three. Keep the text coming. There's an interesting one from Phil. I've got your message there, Phil. Thank you. Out of the comfort zone, says Maggie. Well, not really, just a different, different style of microphone. So we will come to Yes, we'll come.
Speaker 2: You'll come to grips with it.
Speaker 1: We'll come to grips with it. Well, that's all right. Karen pets my blue tongues. Blue tongue. We've spoken to about blue tongue lizards in the past.
Speaker 2: I don't believe we have.
Speaker 1: How have they now in hibernation? I wish I could be yes, thank you, don't quite understand that, Tony. Could you take the birthday girl for a whirl or a waltz in the rain? Lots of texts coming through, keep them coming one, double, three, six, nine three. So I've lowered the seat feel so sitting down. Stop loving. I'm now sitting down on the floor. So I'm doing my best Mike Schulberger, Hello, and welcome to a Garen.
Speaker 2: And because they haven't changed my microphone, I'm towering. You're terring, literally tearing above you.
Speaker 1: You've got to if you can have a look onlines, very very funny. I'm sitting down.
Speaker 2: Just well, they won't be able to because the camera is probably pointed right.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm in kindergat sitting on one of those little chairs at Kidney.
Speaker 2: Good morning class, Karen, good morning, Hello, Hi Karen.
Speaker 15: Hi. Watched a couple of days ago movie on TV and that is crazy a aviation engineer and has died previously. And it's course like plans.
Speaker 1: Have you seen a lot flight plan?
Speaker 15: And just quickly it's just a better aviation sunk generally to America, dead body on the border.
Speaker 6: To do it.
Speaker 13: I also had.
Speaker 2: Oh, I vaguely, I think vaguely seen bits and pieces. I lasted a couple of minutes, and then I had a choice. I was either going to put my foot through the television or change the channel. So I went with the latter.
Speaker 1: We should do a segment. You and I should do a segment. Times you'd like to put your foot through the TV?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How many times we said that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Times you would like to put your foot through the TV? Yes.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately, Karen, I mean so many of the aviation movies and things are Yeah. For those of us that are in the caper, it just you think no, not not, not not, and then they become annoying. But was it a good story?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the question. I suppose was it a good story? Karen?
Speaker 15: I can only watch it because it's just two years. I was really getting bad, and I did my tund on the basics was up in the cargo hole.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was putting it all all.
Speaker 9: All and.
Speaker 16: In the plant.
Speaker 1: Carol, We've got some really bad line there, Careen. You'll have to give us for that. Happens to your telephone. It's a really bad light in the cargo hold.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh you can't. You can't get into the cargo holds anyway from from the flight Dick. You can get into the in the bigger ones, they can get into the electronics area, but you can't just wander into the cargo hold. So that, amongst many things, is what yeah what as a as a friend of mine who loves to mix his metaphor says, that really gets up my goat.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, Thank you, David mount Waverly morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Hello, hey David. That was Darwin.
Speaker 14: Was great.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was in Darwin last week too for a day. Oh my god. The weather, Oh speak tacula fabulous.
Speaker 14: Thirty two on both days on the Saturday and the Sunday.
Speaker 12: Oh magnimicent.
Speaker 14: Yes, that's not what I rang for.
Speaker 2: That's not why I rang.
Speaker 1: It's not why I rang. That'll do.
Speaker 14: That'll do. Yes, I don't need much. I was just reading a news article from the New York Times and they were saying that the guys had a toilet a micro wave.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, they have to. Yeah, you'd have to have a little bit of some facilities there because it's a very long way. So yeah, certainly they have the basics, a bit of a galley that have a coffee maker, I would presume.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and a bed.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you really have a snooze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well it doesn't look as though there's much room in the thing, but I presume that. Well, there you go. They have a crew rest as well, so there would be an extra extra pile in there so that they can take it in turns and they can have a bit of a zizz and then everyone would be back on deck for the mission, I'm sure. And then yeah, on the way back that they could have their turns having arrest as well.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I have it. That's all I rang up for good. So you too have a great show. Hey, Tony, I can't get through to see you on the on the screen. Brother, it's not letting me in.
Speaker 1: That I have no something over which I have no control. But you're going to fix it. People talk on ed so people hear what you're saying. Yeah, sorry, sorry talking to me.
Speaker 17: I have just switched the camera ons aha, I see these two handsome men in the studio.
Speaker 1: Now, so who's responsible for turning it on?
Speaker 2: Normally?
Speaker 17: Well, it normally automatically goes on, but sometimes it doesn't.
Speaker 2: And it's taken now fifty two minutes.
Speaker 1: It's good to get a reminder after.
Speaker 2: You, David. So the technical issue was at our end unbelievable. So can you please now make it your business that's straight after the midnight news or ten pm news or eleven thirty news, depending on where people are listening. You just give us a call and let us know if the camera is on. That's right, we need a background Australia.
Speaker 1: We do because we have people, you know, I like to have people, and sometimes the people overlook these things. So we've been going for over an hour and you've just decided we haven't been on air. Excellent Maggie morning, Oh, good morning morning Meggie.
Speaker 2: To hello Maggie.
Speaker 16: Look number one, number one and number two. Well I could start off with something and say that's not the reason I called for another one, So don't play me.
Speaker 1: No what so the because the expression is that's not why I called, that's not why I called. You don't need to put the number four on the end of the sentence.
Speaker 16: Well no, no, I'll start off with number one.
Speaker 2: If you don't mind go Maggie.
Speaker 16: Laton, given the conflict in the Middle East, what would be the proferred current route the carriers, let say, climb m kangaroo us.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's always It's a very good question, Maggie, because it's never there's never sort of the one way, and there's always some sort of something going on somewhere. So I believe the current rooting through to Europe is via Afghanistan. And so because everybody's going that way, I happen to notice, when you know, reading our bits and pieces before I flew yesterday morning, that yeah, they're adding some extra fuel because there's a lot of congestion over the airspace in Afghanistan, and there are delays that are passing through. So depending on whether it's depending on conflicts and things, they can go really quite south. I've gone to Europe over Egypt and it was a beautiful clear day and we looked down and saw the Pyramids and the Sphinx and everything, which is pretty extraordinary. But I believe. And then of course, once the conflict broke out in the Ukraine that left that eastern part of Europe there's a no fly area, so they're forever assessing and obviously there's no flying over Iran, so they're having a look at the different routes and I think at the moment they're going via Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: And so that would be a pretty I mean, there'd be people around the world all talking to each other.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, there is all talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's going to be many yes.
Speaker 2: And the airlines are talking with the equivalent of the Homeland Security and our own people who assess the risk. And there have been times and they felt that the risk is just too great and sadly flights have had to be canceled. But at this stage they've got an alternate routing which keeps them away from all of the conflict. And so yeah, that's the way they're going at the moment.
Speaker 1: I'm here, Nathan Kosh is here. It is Australia overnight. More straight after this, wherever you are right across Australia. I'm Tony McManus. Nathan Cosh is here. It's a little sigma we call Pets and Jets. If you'd like to be part of it. One double three sixty nine three text keep them coming. It's a really good one there from Gerald zero four double seven six nine three six nine three now this is a stradul obanized with Tony McManus. Very cool kids. Hello there. You might be at five double A in Adelaide. You could be right here with us at three at w Melbourne, the ACE Radio network across Australia. Our good friends at a five double A in Adelaide I mentioned and six PR in Perth. Holo to you wherever you are for Australia overnight. Jump on board and join us. Plenty of room on the board if you have a question to do with anything to do with maybe a much loved pet in your house while Nathan is here Nathan Kosh one double three six nine three, And if you have an intriguing question with regards to aviation, you'll get through straight away if you ring now. And we need a couple of calls to keep us cranking up, so jump on board, particularly if we haven't heard of you for a long time. Be nice to get some newbies. You can join the program as well. One double three six nine three. If we don't the program would sound a little like this weird, isn't it It is?
Speaker 2: Well, look apropos of that, given that we discovered late in the last hour that a certain someone who shall remain aimless, had forgotten to turn the camera on. I just want to confirm if the sound is actually on, because it's quite possible that we've been prattling on here for the last hour and a bit and nobody's nobody's, nobody's there, nobody's listening.
Speaker 1: Is the sound on?
Speaker 2: Is the sound on?
Speaker 1: Jay?
Speaker 2: Test Test testing? Hello?
Speaker 1: Are we on?
Speaker 2: Yes? We're Are you sure? Thank you?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: I guess because both Jay and I are a bit scarred. Yesterday morning on the program and the studio went into some sort of I don't know, he just went into a meltdown, didn't it. He just stopped working. And so fortunately with our dear friend Simon Owens happened to be still hanging around after his Remember When program on Sunday night, So yesterday Monday morning, he was. And what we do with that? The Simon Owens a broadcast.
Speaker 2: He is unbelievable and in this place he is knows everything, does everything, and is just the most lovely man to boot.
Speaker 1: So at one stage he was in this particular studio, underneath this desk in his suit, mind you, and his hat try to rewire the place. Yes, it's just really, he's that good, Nathan looking for advice. There is a house on my street. This is a text from day eve morning day is there's a house on my street that acquired a dog for four weeks or so. So basically it's tied to a tree, no shelter from wind and rain all night. It's halved, its body weight looks terrible. Can't approach the residents. They're full of well, let's just call them obvious substance abuse issues. Reported to RSPCA a couple of weeks ago. The dog's still there a Fred reported five days ago. Dog still there. Options from Dave in Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you're doing the right thing. You certainly can't take it upon yourself to go and talk to the people there, and it sounds to say the dog is being mistreated. Apart from continuing with the RSPC because they are the organization that has the legal power of entry and so they can go on there and presumably they will seize the dog. But if you're not getting any joy with them, then I think you might need to contact the police and get them involved. But yet you're doing the right thing. Don't make yourself known to them. If there could be confrontation issues, so, as I say, if the RSPCA, and unfortunately they're just flat out with all sorts of things, so I guess they will get to it, but it's not helping that dog in the meantime, So I'd contact the police and explain to them your dilemma and see if maybe they can go there, or maybe they can throw some weight and get the RSPCA to get there a bit quicker.
Speaker 1: Over the years, you've seen animals abused?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, not too many, thankfully, because they're the areas where I've worked. It's generally not the case. But there have definitely been some, and it's awful, and I think, you know, there are so many options. If people, for whatever reason can't keep their animals, then you know they're much better off surrendering them and surrendering them rather and then they'll find homes, will be found for them, and they can be looked after properly, rather than just have them in the backyard and being abused.
Speaker 1: I got sent There was the morning program back in Perth at that stage was hosted by the real Paul Murray, not the Paul Murray from a sky different Paul Murray. Formera of the West Australian for a long time host of the morning program at six pur in Perth, and he said, look, can you shoot out. We've had this report about some dogs have been abused. Can you go out and do a report for the program? Which I ultimately did, But I've been thinking about it on a regular basis ever since. It was just horrid what some people, for whatever reason, how they treat animals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know we see overseas sort of horror stories and things. But I think sometimes you have to understand that people's understandings of what animals are and how they should be kept are a little bit different to ours. But certainly in this country we look after our animals. We treat them with dignity, and we need to make sure that at least their basic needs are met. And if there are people who are not that way inclined, then we need to remove those animals from those people. They should not be able to keep them.
Speaker 1: I guess in a sense too, we've been overpopulated with the animals, certainly dogs. I would have thought around the world, you get to places like Indonesia, Bali in particular, and there's these dogs, random dogs, that presumably at some point were pits randomly walking around well you know, sevenyac to survive.
Speaker 2: Yes, not necessarily, because their dogs are different and many cultures regard them differently, and many cultures they're considered unclean, and they're just left to roam around and scavenge and do their thing. In places like Bali and the villages, their dogs a bit like watchdogs, So they're a bit like doorbells. So they're there and they they're there to bark, but they're not raised and nurtured and looked after the that we do with the affection. Yes, so it's just a different a different culture. They're there, they coexist, but they're not there as sort of part of the family necessarily, and that's just the way that some cultures are. But as long as the basic needs are met and yeah, we've all seen, if we've headed north, dogs that are quite scrawny and don't look all that well looked after. There are a number of welfare organizations that are out there trying to do what they can, but of course the big problem in those places is they don't new to their animals, and so we yeah, we just get the numbers blowing up and you just get all these overpopulated dogs.
Speaker 1: Cats.
Speaker 2: Cats also are just left to their own devices, so it's quite there's one as we speak, and so there's the difference between us and so we can end up with an overrun of cats and dogs around the place.
Speaker 1: Thank you to the best overnight program in Australia. It should have Nathan on the program more often. Well is here usually every week for a couple of hours. There's such a calm voice, knowledgeable in the extreme.
Speaker 2: We all thank you, thanks ma'am.
Speaker 1: Yes from Sydney.
Speaker 2: Now that's very kind. Thank you, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Where we're going right children, Corfield morning, good morning.
Speaker 18: I've just got a question. I can't understand why that's when they have people who've got puppies, they tell them what to do, but they don't tell them what not to do. For instance, I was in the supermarket the other day and I saw this guy had this meat roll which you're keeping the fridge, and I ask him if he takes it straight from the fridge and give the to his dog, and he said yes. But what bets don't tell people is that if you give an animal something which is too cold, they can get upset. Tummies or tummy eggs, and you know this has been I've seen this so often that you know they have a list of what to do, but they don't have a list of telling people what not to do or think that their dog launchy. Dogs get confused because they can understand the word, but they don't understand why because people think that they expect the dog to think like them, they don't think like the dog.
Speaker 2: Yes, look, it's one of those things. If you told people what not to do with their animals, you'd be there for about six months. So we when we have a limited time in a consultation, it's probably we have to prioritize and we tell people, you know, what to do things like that. Specifics like you know, warming up the food and not serving it straight out of the fridge are one of those things that probably get pushed down the list because when people come in with a new puppy, we're talking about diet, but we're talking about vaccinations, we're talking about worming, we're talking about fleas, We're talking about just sort of general husbandry and just sort of how to deal with them. And unfortunately, even though in many clinics and where I work, they new puppy. They'll we put aside half an hour so that we can have a chat about things. Unfortunately, the list of what not to do is far greater than that. And as you say, Rachel, one of the things they detect the tone of voice. And I'll always say to people, look, when you're trying to train them, we've gone right away from the whole nose and the punishment thing, because, as you say, we're telling them what not to do, but they're sitting there going, well, what would you like me to do? I want to please, but you're not giving me any clues. So we really focus now, or the better trainers and the like will focus on, you know, what to do and encouraging, so when they're not doing the right thing, we actually show them what we want and then when they do it, we praise them. So we've gone away from the punishment and heading towards the praise a lot better. And so that's where it's beholden on people. You know, they need to do their own research because we just haven't the haven't got the time to do it all in a consultation.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, they're not in that written instruction.
Speaker 2: Well, we generally we give handouts, But again depending on the foods, and the vast majority of people will feed either canned or dry food. If someone's telling me that they're going to be feeding, you know, canned food and they're only going to give them half, I'll usually say to them, you know, we'll make sure you leave it out before you feed them. The dry food obviously doesn't matter because that's given at room temperature. So it really just depends how the conversation is going and depending on what's happening, and if people change a diet, so that person may not have been feeding the role when they went in to talk to their vet, and so they've changed a diet in between, and so they haven't even had a conversation with a vet, or they haven't asked the questions. So generally, apart from basic information, will be reliant on people asking us the questions that we can answer. So it's a bit tricky with that, and ideally people should get a good book on how to raise a puppy and hopefully those sorts of things will be covered.
Speaker 1: How to raise a puppy, Rachael, it's a great cool Thank you, great boys, thank you. Recently, the pistoral bug catcher won epistoral bug catcher on the radio station. Not too sure which radio station. Presuably he was a three W. I gave it to a daughter and family, and yes, they used to They used it to trap a huntsman. Very good, and they're okay huntsmen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah they are. You know, all spiders are toxic. They're venomous. Yes, they're all of them, all of them. However, most of them the fangs are so small they can't even penetrate the skin because we have our tough outer coating. So you know, things like Daddy long legs and all the rest of it are still venomous, but they don't cause any problems, and likewise the huntsman don't cause any problems for us. But I interrupt continue.
Speaker 1: Well, the funny part about this is the question is then asked it when released at the next door neighbors house, what's the likelihood of the little critter finding its way back.
Speaker 2: To No, I don't. I don't think they're homing homing, homing huntsman. That's difficult to say.
Speaker 1: In the morning, we're coming back into your kitchen now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think you know, they'll generally if they if they're plucked somewhere else, they'll try and establish themselves wherever they happen to be. And I don't think you'll find It's not like say, possums, that will return unless you take them far enough away. Then I think with the huntsman, hopefully, Maggie, that it's your neighbor's problem and not yours anymore, and not your families.
Speaker 1: Were you ever an arachnophobe, a.
Speaker 2: Bit of an orecnofode. But there's a story that there was a fellow that we had, oh what's his sur name now, Mike. He used to do stories for a current affair and all the it'll come to me, but all the all the quirky stories, all the fun stories. And he brought in, he brought in his dog. One I came in to buy something or other and we were talking, a lovely, lovely man and we as he was about to walk out, there was this dirty, great huntsman above the door of the clinic. And you know we were about to to move it on its way, was it, Paul, No, No, no, no, no, Mike Hamilton. Mike Hamilton, Hello, Mike, if you're listening. And so we were about to sort of get the room and sort of push it out the door, and he said, no, no, no, no, I'm doing a story about fear of spiders. I need it. So we ran around and found a big jar and put it over the huntsman and it crawled into the jar. And we're sitting there talking. He's got this thing in the jar, and there was someone sort of walking into the clinic and I said, quick, sit down, put the jar on your knee, and of course he sort of was onto it in a flash. So he plunks himself down, picks up a magazine, flipping open, having a look at the magazine with his jar with this dirty, great huntsman in it. Anyway, so we're just talking away and this person sits down near him and with their dog and just sort of looking around and clocks this big huntsman in the jar and says, is that your pet? And I saying, oh, yeah, yeah, very affectionate. You know, it's lovely, lovely, great great pets. People don't realize anyway. So this is going on for some time and I'm hiding around the corner, so I called him. I called him into the into the consulting room.
Speaker 1: And we're taking the indeed and any.
Speaker 2: Any comes with it. And we just sort of closed the door and waited, and the person in the waiting room says, are you kidding?
Speaker 14: Really?
Speaker 2: How do you have a vancement as a pet And we were killing ourselves laugh for a little bit of a walk. Yes, it was one of those moments.
Speaker 1: There are so many checks here and this is for you, Jay. Can you send this to our great people, the IT team, Tony. We can no longer watch your on the iPad. No longer on the iPad video, not support or something.
Speaker 17: Good news, guys, I'm actually seeing watching you guys now. So we are connected on this end right three ow dot com dot a you as we can.
Speaker 1: But does my hair look okay?
Speaker 17: It looks fine? Which one you just looked across at me? We're on a ten second delay with it too, so and my hair looks.
Speaker 2: Which look spectacular. There's not a hair out of place.
Speaker 1: Be very careful, one of your guys, there's one here. One of you guys been talking about for the last hour, says David.
Speaker 2: I don't know what have we been We have no idea.
Speaker 1: What have you been talking about for the last hour? David? You share a share Lagabir twenty two pairs one. It is Australia overnight. Nathan Coshi is here, Tony mcmaanus, It's Australia overnight. Good morning. There was a very famous open line talkback host overseas who would say, come and join us on the program and let us do the thinking for you, which it was a little patronizing but funny at the same time. Heather in Pennington, I think, hello, Heather, Hello, Nathan's here go And now I heard.
Speaker 19: You mentioned one of you mentioned about the dogs that just run around everywhere. Well, there's a young girl in the last three years she's looking after them and making sure that they have all the necessary that they need. I don't know what that means inoculations or what it is, and I'll tell you what. I don't know if people give donations or what happens, but she's fully into it and she's absolutely a beautiful person. A relative of mine goes over there about three four times a year because you know, there's pretty cold here and the tropics. Yeah, and also or you go up to Queensland, you know what I'm saying, and to escape the cold because some people just can't handle the cold. Gets into their bones, you know. But anyway, so this young girl, oh, she's got absolutely and she does it for nothing, yes, and if people donate with something that helps her, you know, yeah, it's absolutely beautiful, shoney. Young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's quite a few that do that. One of our flight attendants who goes over quite a lot and she goes around their clinics and gets expired drugs and things like that to take across there. And then you know, it's funny that you meet people sometimes a number of months ago, as in a pharmacy in Darwin, and just happened to be striking up a conversation with the pharmacist and she was a lovely young lady and she and her partner run like a boarding kennel in Bali, and they do that for the well to do people who do leave their pets and look after them in a different way. But the money from the boarding kennel goes towards looking after and they rescue dogs that have been trained or sent for dog fighting, and so they rescue those dogs. So there are a number of people out there, Heather, who are trying to do the right thing. And isn't it fantastic that people donate their time and often a lot of money to try and help these animals, and so you get yeah, I don't know so much about vaccinations, but certainly desexing, because that's the biggest problem with overpopulation. If they can get through and dissects a lot of these dogs, then they can get the numbers down and then there'll be more food for them to go around and they'll be in a better condition generally. But it is wonderful that you get people from all over the world and people here that do amazing things for the welfare of animals. And bless them all and strength to them, because yeah, they certainly make a lot of difference to a lot of animals, and in the rehoming a lot of difference to a lot of families as well by giving them lovely, lovely new family members.
Speaker 1: And there's people right around Australia wa Adelaide, here in Melbourne, right across Victoria too that do extraordinary things with those shelters. Yeah, most of whom are volunteers. Yes, give up these time just to work with those animals so that somehow they survive.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. And they do that just for nothing, no other reason than to look after those animals just for the love of it and to hope that they get a better life. And then you get many of these shelters that now have areas for say, elderly dogs that aren't going to be able to and cats that aren't going to be able to be re honed, and they look after them and take care of them for the rest of their lives. So people do some amazing work, and there's all the therapy animals, that type of thing. We had a gentleman come on the flight the other day who needed some help, who has reduced mobility and actually an opera singer. Amazing man. And he also had his assistants dog with him who came on the plane Labrador and just a beautiful dog. And just to see the relationship that people have with their pets is truly wonderful, and that's what energizes all of us. I think as vets that we're trying to do our best to make sure that we keep that bond as long as possible and keep those animals as healthy as we can for as long as we can.
Speaker 1: Years ago, for one of the shelters they put us all into like cages. A whole lot of reasonably well known people into cages, and people would come and pay a fee as much as possible to raise to get us out to the shelter. Yes, I was never released. Nobody wanted to pay to get me out.
Speaker 2: No, I love Really, it's very sad. Look it's understandable. Months yeah, look it is understandable. But there are some radio announces that are just beyond homing.
Speaker 1: Really, Judy and Mandra, you been to a Mandra.
Speaker 2: I haven't been to Mandra. I lived in Perth for a while but I didn't get that far.
Speaker 1: Sadly, Judy and Mandra will come to you next wherever you are right across Australia. Could be at five double A in Adelaide. It might be the ACE Radio network of stations three at w here in Melbourne, where we are of course in six PR in Perth. Jump on board one double three six nine three. You'll get through straight away. We won't leave you waiting for too long and four Perth listeners one double three eight eighty two, which is just your normal number, your normal talkback number. It's a great little text here from MAXI, who she is, was told not giving the little dogs a bit of food while sitting at the table, you say.
Speaker 2: Nay, absolutely, do not do not big cause look, one of the problems is, and it's an absolute bugbear of mine, and people just sort of flick a little bit of food to the dog and then they sit there and they annoy you and they bother you. I was at a dear friend of mine's birthday yesterday and we're all sitting around the table and he's got a veterory colleague of mine and he's got a very elderly dog, and you know, she's got a a bit of dementia because she's not quite with it. And one person at the table decided it was a good idea to drop her a little bit of food, and then she went around to everybody and was just pushing her nose in the way, and really just you'd push her back and she'd come back and push her back. So it's really not something to be encouraged. I personally dislike it. So when people, you know, when I'm at friends places and sitting down and eating and the dog's looking at me, I will turn it around to them and say, I didn't bother you while you are eating. You don't bother me while I'm eating well that works, doesn't at all. Of course. However, if you do, if you do have some scraps and things and some leftovers, and that's all fine, providing it's the right kind of food. But what you should do is you wait, just put it to the side of the plate, wait till the end of the meal, and then when you're all done, you can go over to the dog's bowl and put it in the bowl and then they can eat it there. But don't actually just give them bits at the table, because they do end up becoming quite a nuisance and begging and pleading and all the rest of it, and it's just not something that should be encouraged.
Speaker 1: Well, I bought in my new shepherd who's sleeping just underneath the disk here. You want to see yourself just a little bit there you go. I know it looks she loves it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I told you not to give her the drive fruit duty.
Speaker 1: And Mandra think thank you for waiting.
Speaker 5: Judy, Hello, I love the program when you're both together flooding along. Yes, I'm an old girl. I've got a pubberanian. She's she is too, and she she gets up on my bed when I go to bed, but she turns up and then she stretches out and kicks. Is those somethings she's got a pain or something's body and she's big fleet so it's not flee but I can't. I'm worried.
Speaker 2: The something wrong with that is that the only time she does that.
Speaker 5: Well, if she's asleep with me out in the dining room and the chair and I'm aware that she kicks, Yeah, No, she doesn't when she's with me.
Speaker 2: Or sleep, yes, So when if she's only doing it when she's asleep, then then dogs do dream and they do twitch and kick and can carry on like some of us that are a bit more mobile when we're having dreams and things. So if that's the case, then say again.
Speaker 5: Sorry, never thought of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do dream, and you can sometimes see their eyes twitching or you know, under their eye lids, or just other muscles twitching, and they're probably being chased by a sabertooth tiger or something or other. And if they are sort of twitching and kicking out, then that could possibly be it if she's only doing it when she's asleep, if she's otherwise normal and happy and you don't notice her scratching when she's awake, then it's unlikely to be anything physical all.
Speaker 5: Right now if she hasn't been sterilized, Yes, and she's just been season now, but she got really good pressed. Do they feel anything?
Speaker 2: They do? Well, it's you know, hormone hormones change of course, as they're preparing, when as they're coming into season, they are getting ready to have their pups, so or to be sorry impregnated and then to have pups, so they do get hormonal changes. Definitely. May I ask are you intending to breed from her? Or you just haven't got around to having a newted?
Speaker 5: But she said little dog. She was brought of from Eastern States by a breeder. Yes, and they decided she was too small. So I'm an old old lady. I'm ninety five. Oh and so she never gets outside the front door.
Speaker 2: Well, might I suggest that, if you can afford it, of course, get her spade because older unspaded females have a much higher incidence of mammary tumors. They can also get infections in the uterusts that can be life threatening. And also you have the hassle of them discharging while they're having their seasons. So there are good medical reasons for doing her as early as possible, not while they're in season, because the uterus becomes very enlarged and very delicate, and it can be you know, quite quite a stressful operation for their man, for the vet doing it. But once she settled down with her season, I strongly suggest that you do get her spade, and that way you're not going to have any of those shoes down the track in a far lower likelihood of her getting memory cancers.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then no chance of her getting uterine infections of course, because she won't have her uterus anymore.
Speaker 1: And Judy, your beautiful little puppy, which football team does she barrack for?
Speaker 2: There's only two?
Speaker 1: See, that's why she's depressed, Judy, Judy, lots of love to everybody in mandra and calling again soon. Thank you Duty, You're more than welcome. We've got the General. Are you familiar with the General?
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with the general's work.
Speaker 1: General? Good morning, Good morning, morning, General, Good morning going beautiful General.
Speaker 20: Thanks morning over there.
Speaker 1: But morning, how can we help General? What did you want to add to the program this morning? Across Australia.
Speaker 20: I'd like to tell you a very very very very very very interesting story. Okay, grad story.
Speaker 1: What time did you start today? General, I ain't been Soviet No. No, did you go out to lunch at all?
Speaker 20: Or can't remember? I got memory?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, so a b so a bit of a bit of a bike to eat and then you know, yeah I had a bike. I had a bike.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I had a five hundred in the port Heiden to win creek bikey. Yeah, I had the past time for Port Hidden to win creek.
Speaker 1: But guess what what happened after that?
Speaker 20: I never didn't win.
Speaker 1: No, just dump that there because I think there was a rude word that was thrown in the general. HiT's are as a challenge when you're on, but I thank you for that in Mitcham, Hello, Bev. A bit of a hard act to follow, Ben, it is a little bit. Hello Bev.
Speaker 21: Oh, nice to speak to you. I've been about David in Israel. Has he found in Yes.
Speaker 1: We spoke to him quite at length yesterday, Bev, around this time yesterday morning. And he's fine. He's fine, he's well. He like many in the Middle East, including obviously Israel, are a bit concerned about what happens next and the challenges that it presents for them as community and family, and where it goes from here we don't know. Nobody really seems to know. But when we spoke to him on the program yesterday, he was fine and he will be listening and he will think you very much for your concern. Bev.
Speaker 22: Oh, that's good.
Speaker 21: How are you both doing.
Speaker 2: We're very well. Thank you, Bev. Thank you for asking. It's lovely. It's always lovely to be here. It's the highlight of my week, sadly talking with Tony, but sadly, no, no, no, no, it's always lovely. And to have people calling in and the messages that we get is fantastic. And how's life in Mitcham?
Speaker 10: Pretty cold?
Speaker 2: Did you get the rain tonight? Did you get the storm? There was a big storm went through parts of Melbourne.
Speaker 21: No, it's sort of missed us a bit. We've got patches, but yeah, never seems before, you know, heavily, which.
Speaker 2: I need for my Yes, which is ironic because of course there's a reservoir in Mitcham. It's well, that was one of the reporting points when we used to fly into est and it's called Mitcham Reservoir. But the irony is they covered it over and I think it's one of the holding reservoirs, so they pump the water from the main ones outside of Melbourne and then they have these holding reservoirs.
Speaker 21: So there was that ones in Surrey Hills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was the Surrey Dive, there was the big brick factory and the big quarry there. But this was definitely in Mitcham, the Mitcham Reservoir. But they put a roof on it and so no one could find it anymore because everybody's looking for a body of water and so we were all getting lost trying to find our way to western An Airport.
Speaker 21: Yeah, there's one in Canterbury Road.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's that tower, isn't there?
Speaker 21: And I think they've covered that one.
Speaker 10: True.
Speaker 2: Yes, it saves a lot of evaporations, so it's a much more efficient use of the water. But that's a pity of that. Your garden's not getting the rain, although we had the drenching a week or two ago and that brought all the snow to the mountains as well.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have much lawn where you are, bev.
Speaker 21: No, it's it's just about dry out.
Speaker 2: Man, really in the middle of winter.
Speaker 21: That's dreadful because I'm on a hill and no, there's not much less.
Speaker 1: Really, maybe a little maybe a little new drug or a little sea soul might help, bev.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'd have to have a lot of sea sol.
Speaker 2: You got a fair sized lawn.
Speaker 21: Yeah, because I didn't put in garden.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just got good lawn. Well, I hope we do. It looks like we're do you in for a bit of rain over the next few days and hopefully hopefully your garden or your lawn will get a much needed drink.
Speaker 21: Yeah, because my dog she doesn't mi like going down there because the paws get in. You know, there's stones and stuff. Oh, yes, yes, because there's no grass.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, that bad. Well, hopefully we do get some rain. There is. There's meant to be some cold fronts coming through, so hopefully hopefully that'll solve your problem. We all did it, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: We do. Be nice to talk to you. Thank you for being part of the program. Look after yourself. We'll talk again soon our telephone number one double three six nine three. It's interesting when people talk about the cold, particularly here in Melbourne and loads the depths of winter, and not everybody loves it. I don't mind the cold, and it's a weird. I'm not a fan either.
Speaker 2: We're all different. I shared a flat many moons ago with an old school friend of mine, and as soon as he would walk out, have the heating on in the middle of winter, and as soon as he would walk in turn it off. He would turn it off. He'd open all the windows, and he'd walk around just in a T shirt and sing or a pair of shorts and a singlet. And I to try and get the message across that I was freezing, was there in my sheepskin jacket and a scarf and everything else, and he was totally oblivious, just sitting there.
Speaker 1: In Well, I know, we're sure, so as you know, I'm menopausal. So I whipped the gear officers as I get into that.
Speaker 2: I was wondering why you were walking around naked before, But now it all makes sense, Tony.
Speaker 1: You said my name didn't read out in the text, It says he Nathan. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in knowing children who follow in their parents are career I don't know what you've mentioned this before, but no one else in your family has any particular interest in flowing.
Speaker 2: No, not my well, my kids definitely not. I have a son and a daughter, and my son started off doing engineering and decided it wasn't for him. But he has just completed his agricultural degree and is about to start a master's degree in agriculture. So that's his thing. I guess that's what you all do. He wants to be a consultant and to have a little property of his own and be on the land that's and to help other people with obviously with the knowledge that he's gained, and do some consulting for farmers and things around the place. My daughter is completely the other way. She's the arty one, and she's just finishing off her double degree in media and communication and design, and she's sort of right into all the three D design and everything.
Speaker 1: And plays the guitar and like almost Eric kleppton.
Speaker 2: Est during during COVID, she decided that, you know, because she was sitting around and board because she was doing Year eleven and twelve during COVID, which was another challenge, but she decided she wanted to learn the guitar. So she did the research and bought an acoustic guitar online and was just doing lessons off YouTube and then decided she wanted an electric guitar and started to play with that, and then she found herself a teacher and doing online lessons because she doesn't drive. But yeah, af about four years later now she's a lead guitarist in an all girl band that plays around Melbourne. And she's just got a knack for it. And he's really good unlike me.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not true at all. You're very gifted, very talented in other areas. Daughter's number one and two have little or no interest in broadcasting, for example, they've grown up with it all their lives, little or no interest. Having said that, number two has a really wonderful and acute, almost wicked sense of humor.
Speaker 2: And what's she doing now?
Speaker 1: She runs a looks after as. She's a practice manager of a medical center and does really well. But right through COVID, did amazing work for the great mister Turner through a flight center. Oh yes, and so sustained that for a long period of time and then has moved into this practice manager of a center in Perth. The point of that is it has nothing to do with what I've done for a living.
Speaker 2: Yes, and yet other.
Speaker 1: People's family you know sons of lawyers, of doctors, or what move in men and women we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, we have a number of third generation pilots and search.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know definitely at least second generation vets as well. But it's funny. I think it either turns you completely on or completely off. Because my kids grew up with me spending a fair bit of time away and they said, for them, they just hated it. So for them they don't like that lifestyle. They much prefer to have regular hours and so that it doesn't interest them at all.
Speaker 1: It might be an interesting topic the other side of those that have children, family grandchildren that have gone into a part of that, I don't know almost the heritage or stayed with you know, inside the family business area or things that father, mother, grandparents did. One double three six nine three Come and join us Australia overnight. Nathan Coosh is here, Tony McManus the other side of Nathan Kosh, Jay working the other side of the glass. It's a family affair. One double three six nine three Laz good morning, Hey Tony, Hey gard as well? You know Ethan, don't you?
Speaker 23: Yeah, here you going, Nathan, Hey, you know where I live. I live in Guildford, you do. And Benny thirty years and some years ago when I got a here my place, they had lawn out the back. And then I listened to remember so well, she's still.
Speaker 1: On the radio, Sue McDougall.
Speaker 23: Yes, she said, get rid of all the lawn, get rid of everything, and just plant natives. I'll tell you what my life has been. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, planting natives. Well, Sue, as you know, just picked up, just picked up. I shouldn't say it like that. Has just been awarded last week in the King's Birthday Awards. I think it was an oam for everything she does. She now looks up. I worked with Sue for a long time. I was co hosting the Guarding program with Sue at six PO on a Saturday and a Sunday morning. And she's now responsible for everything that happens at King's Park.
Speaker 2: King's Park. That's right. What an extraordinary part that is for this just.
Speaker 1: Doing incredible things in a King's Park. It's beautiful, that is gogeous las the and so you're happy with the way your plants are all looking.
Speaker 23: Oh look my Eno Gilford, there's lots of trees and whatever, and yeah, yeah, I just put malts on it. Once here, I get a big trail out of it and put it on. I don't have to weed it. It actually self mulches from the leaves and stuff, and I just dig it into the gardens and yeah, I don't have to worry about I'm sitting at the back now at the moment and it's quite nice here at moments.
Speaker 1: Do you have do you have an animal in your life? Las?
Speaker 23: No, No, my work doesn't allow me to have have have any any petsy because I work away.
Speaker 3: A fair bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that feeling.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd love to.
Speaker 23: I'd love to, but but again I don't. I don't. I don't need to go away and get someone into toward my of.
Speaker 2: Course, Well, Australian natives are designed to just deal with whatever nature sent down.
Speaker 1: True, And I think a lot of the thank you, laz And I think a lot of particularly in w A, a lot of the fly in fly out, the foambage of the pressure that puts on would be challenging as well with an animal. We'll do this when we come back more the other side Nathan Gosh, Tony mack Astradia Overnight morning, Nathan, you're happy to kick on and we might have a beverage and come back for the second half. Absolutely, Australia Overnight morning. Now, this is Australia Overnight with Tony McManus. Wherever you are, Hello there, you can join us. Plenty of room on the board one number three six' nine three if you are sending messages and look at, Them nathan zero four double seven six nine three six nine. Three and for those listeners FROM wa morning to you via SIX pr In perth one double three eight eighty. Two so in other, words that's the number you ring won double three eight eighty two six. Pr it comes through to me personally mysenal phone. Number, yes you just Get jay to answer.
Speaker 2: It that's. Well it's good to have a person.
Speaker 1: Tears we have. People we like to surround ourselves by people who are infinitely more capable than.
Speaker 2: Me that's not, possible it.
Speaker 1: Is and you surround people who know exactly what they're, doing and THEN i don't have to worry about it. Up you know What i'm? Saying? Yes DID i say that too? Loudly For give? Me ray good the. Morning, yes Ray a sorry, Hello, ray, Oh, hello go, Ahead Ray, Hi.
Speaker 6: Hello to all the lovely, listeners And i'll send you many. Blessings thank. You, FIRST i wanted to apologize or the other Night i've got a bit grumpy you when the subject was about. POLITICIANS i don't know if you remember or, Not.
Speaker 1: RAY i don't really BECAUSE i try not to dwell on These did you AND i have a discussion with regards where we're going as a?
Speaker 6: Nation, yes, yeah that's. RIGHT i got to be grabby on this.
Speaker 1: One, No, RAY i promise. You i've given no further. Thoughts, so BUT i thank you for saying. That AND i probably SOMETIMES i get fired up by way of not fired, Up ray trying by trying to. ASCERTAIN i tried to go in search of what possible. Answers are we all clear about what the problems, are many of us are not as clearer about what the answers or the fix might.
Speaker 6: Be, yes, YEAH i understand all.
Speaker 20: That.
Speaker 6: YEAH i just wanted to offer a suggestion that maybe when these shelters give out these, dogs they should also give out a booklet about saying what to do or what not to do with the.
Speaker 2: Dogs, well they usually do give some sort of information and they'll be handouts of various, sorts but you, know you could end up With Encyclopedia britannica there if it's sort of they gave too. Much SO i think it's beholden on people as well to do some of their own. Research there are the, basics but then if you're looking for stuff that's, specific THEN i think you know people and these days with The, internet it's all it's all right there at your, Fingertips SO i, think, yeah it's it's, uh you, know we give the basics and people you, know should be trying to find out for themselves or one of the things that people can do if you have any, questions you can you can ring your vet and depending on the, QUESTION i, mean we won't just sort of get on the phone and do a free phone, consultation but generally the vet nurses will have a pretty good idea about various. Things so if anyone does have any questions and they can't find an, answer it's always worth ringing your local vet and just asking the. Question so that's that's what worth.
Speaker 6: Doing, YES i understand, That and you'd think people and if they're going.
Speaker 20: To get a.
Speaker 6: Dog they know a little bit of. Data like just for, instance Teller dale at This blake's place and his dog's jumping up everywhere and he's, yelling screaming out of the. City, yeah, well why don't you teach the city Inn they, Get, oh it's a dumb. Dog he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Know it's not a dumb, dog it's a dumb. Owner i'm.
Speaker 6: Guessing, yeah, yeah. Exactly SO i, said, look Excla it took me about three four, minutes teaches another two minutesters teach him to drop another, minutter teach him to. Start you know you could do. That, see dogs don't come with knowing what to. Do you've got to show.
Speaker 2: Them that's, right and you, know not just tell them, no, no, NO i don't want you to do this because they get confused and they, go, well what do you want me to? Do so you've got, to as you, did guide, them and then once they get the, idea the penny drops and is that what you? Want? Okay and then where you.
Speaker 6: Go, YEAH i had a dog AND i told him you knew about one hundred and fifty, things believe. Wow taught him everything like the basics AND i always like to teach a hand signal to go with. It, yes, yeh say well show us all. Hands, yes he knew how to closed. Doors put his dish in the, sink now save prayers speak favorite was a car. Tire, oh you used to love fetching the car, tie you.
Speaker 2: Know and that's the, thing you, Know training them is not cruel or it's not anything like. That if you if you are teaching your dog with positive, reinforcement they love it just as much as we. Do and then you have a dog that's a pleasure to have, around is very well, disciplined and it's going to do what you need it to.
Speaker 6: Do that's. Right like dogs are individuals, too you've got to find out what they are like some some like you can teach him with toys or orient so you find out what they, love and then you teach them with that exactly.
Speaker 2: Reward well that's the. Way you obviously are very experienced at doing. That and fantastic that you help that gentlemen from, well you're saving his voice and you're saving his dog from a lifetime of misery, thinking, well what do you want me to do for goodness?
Speaker 6: Sake, oh that's, Right my last. Diabetes he's given An Jason, yes twice a, day, yep and that was costing me seventy five. Dollars, yeah. INSOLENT i was struggling to, play but SOMETIMES i went. Without, Right, wow really'll be.
Speaker 2: Right well. Done good on, you you, know just obviously a very very responsible pet. Owner very good on.
Speaker 1: You, ray keep in, touch my.
Speaker 2: Friend, YES i did not go Pr PUNKER a, lovely lovely part of Northeastern victoria tis loveliest.
Speaker 1: Spot well done you one double three six nine. Three And, nathan here's a question for. You dog shops do pitch chops sell products for ginger vite.
Speaker 2: Gingervitus Ginger vitis is inflammation of the, gums and ginger vitis is not just normally a problem in. Itself, generally it's caused by plaque on the teeth that start to work its way up underneath the, gum and the gums start to get, inflamed and so you don't treat ginger vitis as. Such you need to treat the teeth first and that will settle the. Gingervitis having said, that there's also or there are also various immune conditions that can cause inflamed gums and that would need treatment from the. Vet SO i, Think, doris rather than trying to find something for ginger, vitis you need to get your dog to the. Vet first of, all they'll check the. Teeth they might need a clean and maybe a removal of some if they're going a bit, rotten and that should help to settle the ginger vitis. Down but it's gingervitis is a result of another. Problem it's not.
Speaker 1: A problem in.
Speaker 2: Itself do you? FLOSS i floss AND i pixed that every, day fixed the little brush, one, yes the little cord pipe kind of. Things and where do you do that mask in the?
Speaker 1: Bathroom so you wouldn't sit in the?
Speaker 2: Loundry nor why do you are you a lounger and floss.
Speaker 1: A a, Well i'm trying to make it more socially.
Speaker 2: ACCEPTABLE i don't think it's socially to get the brush a little. Picture, yeah it's a little.
Speaker 1: Picture like you, know like a. Toothpick you have a toothpick at a, meal don't. You quite often they would put, it, YES i don't know whether they still do. It you put a little thing of toothpicks get, yes, yes you remove the filet from that little between your teeth and, so but nobody does that as much. Anymore and you could sit watching the news at seven and you could just use your little picture.
Speaker 2: And people, said, no, NO i don't think. So. Computers computer says. No, WELL i ended up doing it Because i've had sort of issues with teeth all the way through and lots of feelings and all the rest of. It but in more recent Times i've got on top of. It but then started went to the, dentist probably a couple of years ago, now and he, said, oh there's a couple of little patches. There AND i, said But i'm doing all the right, things And i'm flossing and brushing twice a day and doing all of, that and so he put me on a special, toothpaste very high. Fluoride and we're sort of working out why this would be, all you, know why all of a, sudden and it turns out THAT i sleep with my mouth, open and so my mouth dries out and the saliva's not, there and the saliva helps to protect against. Decay so what was happening is, now because my mouth was, DRY i was starting to get a little few patches starting to. Form despite doing everything, correctly so NOW i use the very high fluoride, toothpaste AND i go with the pixtures and WHAT i do as was said to. Me you, know before you go to, bed you dip the pixture in the toothpaste and you put that all around your teeth and you don't rinse it and you just leave. It so you leave the toothpaste there to help protect your teeth. Overnight it's a nice thing to be able to.
Speaker 1: DO i was aut for, you remember our Great david from here on the. W so it was out At massadon With david and had this dreadful piece. Wedged you're right, there, yep ya wedged into the. Tooth so we went in search of some. Picture eventually found some picture of the local IgA At Mount. Messades, yes and so we're laughing because they're excrucinating expensive and b but the joy of finding them and then removing that tiny little piece was wedged in their annoying the enemy for about forty five. MINUTES i thought it was. Painful and he's laughing because they're very. Expensive because these are the pictures got super, strength of, course. Superstress who knew they even?
Speaker 2: EXISTED i. Didn't there you.
Speaker 1: Go kenny will come to you next. Day to you west Woodscog cavin joined us one double three six nine. Three we've got plenty of room on the. Board don't leave us here by, ourselves so you'll jump on if you have a, question whether it be a vet, quest shouldn't it be an aviation? Question or a picture in? Question or a? Picture it's a, picture isn't?
Speaker 24: It?
Speaker 1: Yes like pis magazine P I K S T. E what was the name of the picks.
Speaker 2: That was a naughty? One, yes P I. X. Yes And people there Was people magazine and pic pink, magazine wasn't?
Speaker 1: There? Yeah they and for some reason they were always in the.
Speaker 2: Barbershop, yes that's why you went to get your hair cut three times a.
Speaker 1: Week didn't look what? Happened because he is collet your, Guard Missus.
Speaker 2: Marsh who knows the floor riding coldgate certainly strengthens, teeth gets right into teeth like this liquid.
Speaker 1: Gets into chalk to make teeth really. Tough tough tea coldgate floor.
Speaker 25: Regard only your dentist can give teeth a better fluorine.
Speaker 2: Treatment, oh Missus, marsh, Beautifully Missus, marsh what did we do Without missus marsh isn't it funny we had all of those Character, yes there was missus Remember rita the eater eater theater?
Speaker 1: Eater, yes and who was the one where you put your soaking in?
Speaker 2: It madge with a pamel dishwashing? Liquid what do we do Before? Madge don't. Know we just washed out dishes with dishrushing.
Speaker 1: Liquid BUT i was Reading Martha gardener's, Book, yes, yes and she was promoting another particular sunlight.
Speaker 2: Sunlight yess washing.
Speaker 1: Liquid, yes and so in her books she talks about you can wash everything in. Sunlight, yeah, everything, yes AND i mean everything.
Speaker 2: Everything with some and. Yr everything's never been. Cleaner and you.
Speaker 1: Know my my party trick about cleaning people's. Watch, no, oh you don't know about?
Speaker 2: That no, Ah so it's a party.
Speaker 1: Trick SO i remove people's watch at.
Speaker 2: Dinner do they know that they're having their watch? Removed or is it done by are you the b two of? Dinner?
Speaker 1: Years so combinations of. Both so we're down at. MYRICKS i don't know what you mean To The mericks are down, there just down the other side of, Summers.
Speaker 2: Yes down on the morning.
Speaker 1: Bell it's. Beautiful, Yes so they had a little thing where you get there and they supplied the food and the, wine and it's really quite a remarkable. Experience so we did that Last friday. Night there's some lovely. People you'll sit next to different, people and there were some people that were wearing, watches some were actually quite old Vintage saikos and. Things AND i, said how long since you've cleaned that? Watch AND i, said, never never cleaned the. Watch SO i removed it and went out to the kitchen of the. Restaurant, yes and cleaned their watch in the kitchen and brought it back to them before the main, course and it came up brand. New so when this radio gig goes pear, shaped and you AND i both know it will.
Speaker 2: Doing my best to.
Speaker 1: Accelerate i'm going to do a full time career.
Speaker 2: Just because a watch cleaners a watch CLEAN i.
Speaker 1: Know thank.
Speaker 2: You that's, Right tony the watch. Cleaner, Kenny good, morning.
Speaker 25: My grandpa.
Speaker 1: There it Is. Kenny nice to talk to.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: Kenny do you know my Friend Nathan?
Speaker 2: Kelly, Hello, kenny we're really.
Speaker 1: Well do you have a puppy in your?
Speaker 6: Life, Kenny, yeah my, lad a little.
Speaker 1: Dog, yeah that's, right Little milo tell he just Remind nathan about my low.
Speaker 25: OPEN i have a little dog down my lew yes every time every TIME i go, out.
Speaker 26: Circles went, around.
Speaker 2: Little. Circles the zoomis when so when you're leaving or when you come home.
Speaker 22: Leave he goes.
Speaker 1: Little tiny little. Circles what's what's the sound he makes? Again? Kenny what does he do again when you? Come when you? LEAVE i think we've got that mental, Picture. Kenny is everything else okay in your? World, Yes?
Speaker 6: Kenny back laband is someone.
Speaker 26: Because it gets to come up?
Speaker 2: Town who's coming to? TOWN a C? Dc that's, right just announced a whole bunch of concert they.
Speaker 1: Did will you and your brother go and see a c D c when they get to Maybe Western. Australia, kenny that's too much money because.
Speaker 26: From a three DAND.
Speaker 1: I, know but you it'd be a fantastic. Thing you could save your money between now and when they arrive in w a.
Speaker 2: Chis where.
Speaker 11: REMEMBER i told You i'll go would have BEEN i would.
Speaker 1: Build, yes you're going to that's. Right just for those that don't, know tell us exactly where you're, Going. Kenny.
Speaker 25: Tomorrow i'm going really goody With darcy.
Speaker 6: We've got nine, o'clock.
Speaker 8: Nine.
Speaker 26: O'clock, yep we're going to Do Oak street the, line that's the.
Speaker 6: One get the mandra.
Speaker 1: Yeap mandra AND i bring my here eleven with, you. Lovely that'll be, Nice, kenny and the sun will be shining for.
Speaker 6: You that's going to be.
Speaker 5: Cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there had to be one or the. Other.
Speaker 1: EXCELLENT i just happened to get it wrong.
Speaker 24: To.
Speaker 2: One one. Job you had one job to look at the. Weather.
Speaker 1: Kenny thank. You it's always good to have you on the. Program. KENNY i say hi to your brother and hope you're both remaining. Well Ardie miagi, Morning good.
Speaker 25: Morning Tony mack And nathan And. Jay Now, nathan there was another helicopter crash In. Michigan unfortunately no one got.
Speaker 6: Hurt oh, GOOD i.
Speaker 2: Didn't, yeah well that's. Good, NO i didn't see anything about. That it's, troubling isn't, it all of, these all of these.
Speaker 25: CRASHES i just wanted to ask you with these sealth be, TOOS i think they are on the flight said they did them at sixty two. Hours surely there'll be more than one pilot in. Them they wouldn't Be.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, Yeah, no, definitely and they mid air, refueling so that obviously it hasn't got the range of doing all of. That so, yeah they have multiple pilots in, there and they'll take it in shifts to have breaks and, things and then they'll all be on deck when they were on their, mission and then once they turned around and went, home then back to swapping around and making sure that they're.
Speaker 25: Rested, yeah and they said they stocked microwaves in them as.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, YEAH i heard that earlier, Also so, yeah they obviously they have some sort OF tv dinners there because they have to eat and drink and that's very important to have lots of, water and they have a facility for for the other end as.
Speaker 1: Well that's what they're thinking of when they're on this, mission that, is you, know with The incline. World but we're thinking about what we'd have as A tv. Dinner, excellent you.
Speaker 25: KNOW i saw a bunch of champ chimpanzees in the zoo having a nice cup of tea.
Speaker 6: Together.
Speaker 1: Good, yes they're very social. Critics what brand was the?
Speaker 25: TEA i don't, know because they made a special one for it was AND i was a, herb so it was good to see.
Speaker 1: It was a herb.
Speaker 2: Tea of, course perhaps.
Speaker 14: Sorry came, PERHAPS i don't.
Speaker 25: Know they made something special for. Them it's.
Speaker 2: Funny, Yes oh, well they got to keep them occupied as. Well that's one of the things that all this whose are very good at these, days, is you, know environmental. Enrichment so rather than just chuck the food to them and then they eat that for ten minutes and then they're sitting around staring at at everybody staring at them all, day they do an awful lot to try and keep them, occupied and even little games or hiding the food in different places and things so that they can it takes them a while to find the, food and it just keeps them mentally, stimulated because boredom's a huge. Issue but they're certainly getting a whole lot better at.
Speaker 1: That well, Done, artie always good to. Chat thank you for being part of the. Program yet, AGAIN i love that what was the opinion when out to dinner was acceptable to use a tooth pick of the.
Speaker 2: Table, yes but you'd put your hand in front of your, mouth wouldn't, You As maggie, says.
Speaker 1: Couldn't you do that in the lands room with Your PickStar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, LOOK i think we've moved, On, TONY i think we've moved.
Speaker 1: On but IF i was sitting here, now for, example this time of the, morning, yes in the privacy of the three aw.
Speaker 2: Studio with no one, watching with no one camera.
Speaker 1: See IF i was for those that are watching, online would this be?
Speaker 2: Weird IF i was actually, yes please just send in your text and things. That If tony, was, yeah THAT'S i shut up to think.
Speaker 1: That, yes it's not a good. Look Adrian adelaide morning only, gods how are?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 1: Adrian were, well thank.
Speaker 27: You just bringing up and just mentioned about Missus. Marsh, yes and she was played by the SAME i think the same lady was also match she was played by a lady Called rubin a.
Speaker 10: Bead that's.
Speaker 27: Right and In america have you ever heard The american madge says local school teacher can be to our.
Speaker 2: Madge, oh, yes, well we HAD i think our ads kind of although the products were the. SAME i guess maybe the ads were meant to be, similar but they put a Local our actors put a local flavor on on all of these, things didn't.
Speaker 27: They and they were, friends they were friendly filing The american.
Speaker 2: Ones, yes, well we didn't need to be The american.
Speaker 27: Ones are The australian ones? Online, yes and we we we added over AND i think in.
Speaker 2: Spades, yeah well we don't need to be lectured, to we need to be spoken.
Speaker 27: With and it was they were, funnier the funnier than The yankee.
Speaker 2: Ads yes WE i mean there have been maybe that's a topic for for some. Time you, know some of the funny or the fun ads that we've that we've had over the. Years there have been some, crackers haven't They and sometimes they're their own worst enemy because you remember the, ad but you don't remember the product that they were.
Speaker 27: Advertising M and the other THING i quickly want to say is THAT i listened To Tony maquaire On more on, Yesterday, yes and he had a very good six session or segments on THE b three. Bombers it was talking about, well he wanted people to bring up if they wanted to know anything about the.
Speaker 2: Three, bomb THE b Two, yeah totally.
Speaker 27: To whichever it. Was, yeah and he was giving the information about, it WHICH i.
Speaker 2: Was tony is unbelievable with his military aviation knowledge and in fact he used to write columns For australian, aviation AND i caught up with him a week or so, ago and you, know just him and there a bunch of fellow military aviation, enthusiasts and the stuff that they know about these, aeroplanes it just it puts me to, shame that's for. Sure and he's he's a wealth of knowledge AND i learn a lot every TIME i speak With. Tony but, yeah he would have filled everybody in and become experts on the bee, Too i'm sure after his little session.
Speaker 1: From with all that interests originate With Tony, MOKLEY i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i don't think he comes from sort of flying, background but it's like, me there's no one in my family that had anything to do with, aeroplanes and there still. Isn't I'm i'm a loner in that, respect but there's just something that you either love them or you. Don't And tony doesn't, fly but he certainly loves aeroplanes for what they are in the machinery in that.
Speaker 1: Passion did you ever ask him why he didn't ever?
Speaker 2: Fly he JUST i don't think he had the resources at the, time or perhaps the Interest i've been. Doing they'll be doing all, right thank you very. Much, Well I'm i'm gonna have to color him and there's some lessons with, him.
Speaker 1: Some training with. Him we will we'll do this when we come. Back one double three six nine. Three it Is australia. Over I'm tony, Mcmaus nathan cost is here and you can join us as. Well come and be part of. It we'll do. That the other side front page of This, morning that Is Tuesday, Morning Finn review talks about He runs military has DERIDED i hope you go with The run's military has DERIDED Us President Donald trump as gambler and pledged to end the war on its own. Terms as To run looks increasingly isolated the global, stage and THE us Urges China china to intervene to ensure the world's busiest oil supply shipping lane remains.
Speaker 2: Open, there, yes The straits Of. Homos, well that's, well this will be the NEXT i, mean obviously that's a ploy that they have to block off the oil supply to the west and watch what's going to happen to petrol prices over the next little.
Speaker 1: While one double three six nine, Three come and join, Us julian as say hello to Our nathan Kosher i don't know whether you, Know, JULIAN i do for end of the radio station three A. W good, Morning, Julian.
Speaker 10: Good, morning.
Speaker 14: Sir the man who brang up about, helicopters remember original and, so, yeah that went To.
Speaker 12: Haymanland it.
Speaker 2: DID i went on that as a child From proserpine To Hayman. Island, indeed But.
Speaker 3: Pine and also remember that he had his own. Helicopters are those helicopters preserved or there would have been in a scrap?
Speaker 2: YARD i DON'T i haven't seen or heard of that being preserved. Anywhere the old red. ANSWERED i think it was A bell forty seven or that type of, thing which was the thing that you see on mash you know when they when they bring the. Wounded BUT i don't know what happened to that. Helicopter that's a very good, Question.
Speaker 14: Julian and the other question was remember When Bomba ants had fought for the.
Speaker 6: Right, yes does he only, okay whatever happened to another car rental company Called Cage well that's.
Speaker 2: Right, well, yeah the way THAT i think it morphed into something, else it might have morphed into hurts. Perhaps but the the thing with when you when you used to go On. Australian when you at The australian, airports if you went WITH, taa you would to go With k's rental. Car or if you went With, anset you would go With avis Rental car and you would push the call button and you could book a car and have that. Ready So Bob ansett, said, well these airlines have the, monopoly and so he Started budget of, course and fought for the right For budget to be able to have an office at each of the airports so people could come and hire cars.
Speaker 1: There julian still, Sorry, julian you you want to, say, no he's. Disappeared he's there. Gone, julian thank you for. That those callers that are waiting verb will come to you very. Surely mark In slovakia as. Well we just want to go To Gabe hodson from Our Australia overnight news. Room it's, breaking really will you just bring us. Up but this tests to do with The Guitar.
Speaker 24: Airport, yes all a space Over katar has been. Cleared residents they have been told to shelter in. Place now we've just got the first reports coming through From Reuters news. Agency they're reporting that explosions have been heard In doha In. Qatar So qatar Has i'm not sure how to pronounce.
Speaker 2: It i'm not going to.
Speaker 24: Try i'm not going to embarrass. Myself but it does have the LARGEST us base in The Middle, east and there's about eight THOUSAND us citizens living or you, know working. There it's In. Qatar so this is kind of the next step in this. Conflict we're just getting a lot of different countries are getting involved in this.
Speaker 1: Now so, yeah So iranian fish is telling certainly seen In, toron wants to pay pay for its attack. Directly so this is the words being used as usually some sort of indicator to isn't.
Speaker 24: It, yeah, yeah this is escalating very.
Speaker 1: Quickly all, right would you'll keep an eye on and keep us right through This tuesday morning as to how this. Unfolds but it's it's Really you're, right it sure.
Speaker 2: Is and obviously The iranians are going After western interests And qatar is pretty close to your, aunt so that's where they're going to.
Speaker 24: HIT i believe it's where a lot of the organizing For afghanist staging. Happening.
Speaker 1: Guitar, yes thank, You, gabe thank you for doing. That for so we'll keep up to date as we go through the morning. Together Vern Intero, Rogan, hello, uh good.
Speaker 22: Good, morning, Morning good morning, men and you, Too. Tony uh beg your. Pardon, ANYWAY i was on, earlier BUT i didn't quite get my message, through which was what.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 22: In in the. Country in the, morning you got breakfast and when the when the clock went twelve, o'clock it was come to, Dinner come to.
Speaker 2: Dinner, yes it was, dinner wasn't it in the middle of the.
Speaker 22: Day and then the lady would come out and should ring the triangle and so dinner. Time but that was twelve. O'clock NOW i booked A this is where the confusion. COMES i booked a venue for dinner time thinking it was going to be twelve.
Speaker 2: O'clock and the dinner, time of, course was later in the.
Speaker 22: Evening, yeah because it was, breakfast dinner and.
Speaker 2: Tea that's, right.
Speaker 22: Exactly and this is where the trouble. Started but, anyway talking about.
Speaker 1: It's a great, line and this is where the trouble.
Speaker 2: Starts that's, right.
Speaker 6: Talking About.
Speaker 22: Tony you don't care.
Speaker 1: What what do you call?
Speaker 13: Him?
Speaker 2: Tony don't?
Speaker 11: Care?
Speaker 22: Oh any among the best Aeroplane i've ever, made and all the bolts and everything to put it on his, fence but he's never come back to tell me, that.
Speaker 21: Well put it this.
Speaker 22: WAY i. Tested it's been around the world about three or four. Times on, you thank.
Speaker 1: You it's a lovely. STORY i Love i've known.
Speaker 2: That, yes you sound.
Speaker 1: Asleep Thanks mark In. Slovakia high Thy.
Speaker 26: Gods i'm just going to put your office hands free. THING i hope you can hear.
Speaker 1: It we can hear eleven, Excellent, Okay.
Speaker 26: I've got too, interestable too quick lessons that are. Burning yes about THIS b two thing that went over To iran to play?
Speaker 1: Games?
Speaker 26: Yes how does it work with such a long? DISTANCE i think it was thirty two thirty four to thirty six hours something like.
Speaker 2: That, yep they have multiple. Trips, sorry, yeah that's non.
Speaker 26: Stop is there a round trip or.
Speaker 2: Oh well they can do, indefinitely well, more not quite. Indefinitely they need to check oils and. Things but because they can mid airy, fuel so they'll have the, tankers the aerial tankers up there at strategic, places and so they can just keep topping up their fuel and they can keep. Going so, no they didn't stop and land. Anywhere they just kept.
Speaker 26: Going my two, Questions do they have auto? Pilot? Yes and how do they work with? SLEEP i, mean you, know they probably don't publish a lot of, information but how have they been about?
Speaker 2: Sleeping they might have they'll have more than one pilot on, board and the autopilot is the just to relieve our. Workload we still monitor the autopilot and, say for, instance if you, know one of us needs to pop out to the bathroom or what have, you the other pilot will still be there and monitoring the. Autopilot so we program all the bits and pieces into it that we that we need speeds and altitudes and that type of, thing and then we don't just sort of let it do its, thing because of course technology is not. Perfect SO i mean on THE b, two, yeah they would have a similar kind of system so you don't hand fly the thing the whole, Way so they would have it.
Speaker 26: Programmed how does the dunny situation? Work they've only got two on? Board, YEAH i can't really walk out the, door can they?
Speaker 2: Know, well they'd have, one they'd have. One i'm not sure what the crew. Is whether they'd have on the longer, flights they'd probably have more than two and one just sort of in the crew. Rest but, yeah they certainly have A they certainly have a bathroom, there and you only need while they're in the Crew, certainly while they were on the mission it would have been all hands on. Deck but while they're in the crews on the way over and, back one of them could pop out and go to the bathroom or have a break or have a, meal AND i suspect there would have probably been a third who could hop in the, seat so that there's always two on. Board that's what we always used to. Have WHEN i flew The, jumbos there was always, well in, fact because we had a flight, engineer there are always three of us on the flight deck at any one, time and some people would pop out and have their, break and someone else would pop and sit in the, seat so there was always a full compliment of.
Speaker 26: CREW i hope they have a stewardess that.
Speaker 2: Chosen, no, sadly sadly. Not they have to figure out their own microwave, instructions which you, know probably, yeah could have ended in. Tears But i'm sure they would have probably all the food groups, there like fried chicken and hamburgers and hot.
Speaker 1: Dogs will rest the short these, people not that we want. To these people are highly, skilled, oh highly. Trained so you know whether they have a pe or whether they, eat they know exactly who how why we're not incredibly.
Speaker 2: Disciplined, yeah absolutely.
Speaker 1: Good on, You thank you for. That it's always good to talk to you there over there In. Slovakia will do this when we come. Back more of your, calls come and join. Us so plenty room on the. Board you'll get through one double three six.' nine just while you're laying. In bed you might, be working of course this time of the morning anywhere Right. Around australia could it BE three iw Here IN melbourne ace radio network as Well through Victoria FIVE double A and adelaide AND six Pr in perth for those who, are working might be long in bed just listening to the radio wherever you it's nice to have. Your company we can let you know maximum alert. Issue, Too, also nathan ISN'T it us air Base in iraq.
Speaker 2: As well As In kata, so yeah looks as though they might Be the ranians might be performing some sort of multiple strike ON The us bass in.
Speaker 1: The, region YEAH first raf evacuation flight carrying about Sixty three british nationals and Dependents leaving Israel.
Speaker 2: For cyprus, so yeah there are a lot of evacuations going on on. BOTH sides i Think the australian government's looking At getting Australian Or irani Australians And israeli australians out of the area if people wish, to leave hopefully they. Still, can yes we would hope that's.
Speaker 1: The case, one, double, three, six nine three plenty room on. The board you get through straighta where you're going to stay for another few minutes with.
Speaker 2: Us till, the news and then you've got important people to.
Speaker 1: Talk to did, You, ever well, we have we'll Crossover To indo brady IN the uk. As well were you a great FAN as i Was Of dean Martin And? Jury, Lui Yes dean Martin And. Jerry lewis would they?
Speaker 2: Just fantastic, they, were indeed but they ended up becoming. Quite acrimonious but in their latter years they sort of buried the HATCHET and i think they became they were on good. Terms again it was a very.
Speaker 1: FUNNY piece i think It Was frank sinatra that orchestrated. That, memory yes. That's right got them back together. Again, eventually yeah but as. A team this was the day that they. Broke up what year would you have said that they broke.
Speaker 2: Up in before YOU?
Speaker 1: And, i, oh yeah, Fifty six, oh, good good. Fifty. Six wow they didn't speak to one another for at least, twenty years and then that feud briefly Ended When frank boordine onto the stage at One of. Lewis's, telethons oh, that's right because he did a lot of work for.
Speaker 2: MUSCULAR dystrophy i think it may have been raised.
Speaker 1: A, lot yes raised a lot. Of money AND then, i think having watched that clip a couple, of times the line WAS and i can't remember whether It was dean or whether It. WAS jerry I think jerry Looked at dean and, simply said so, you're working which was a, great lie which was just a. Lovely lie so you got much of. Your work it.
Speaker 2: Would have been very a very. Awkward moment it was a.
Speaker 1: Little bit it, was funny and that was, their genius just out of, that sentence and we fell in love with them all.
Speaker 2: Over again Alison and castello the same on such. Good terms and there.
Speaker 1: Are many people in broadcasts that work very closely together and just love, each other, Not. Us, Allison, NO alison i don't know.
Speaker 2: ABOUT you i Like you Allison.
Speaker 1: In adelaide thank you for Being the Good. Morning allison good morning to you By.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 6: Allison hello just two.
Speaker 8: Little questions are you a fan of? A ferret and can you tell me anything bad? About Them because i've heard really quite good to have. His pad and my other question is is it legal to own a donkey in. The city.
Speaker 2: I'm you'd have to look at your council, by laws but obviously you need to have some sort of paddic at the back before you before you can. Have it there certainly used to be people that would keep horses and goats and things around, the PLACE so i, would suggest as long as there's an appropriate enclosure, for it that it's probably legal to. Do so so that's your. Second question ferrets are rather an. Acquiet taste i've found they. Can be they're. Very nippy they tend to be, quite nippy and obviously they're, escape artists so you'd have to, be careful and you have to get scent gland removes, and things because otherwise they can smell and they sit somewhere between a cat and, a dog so when you, vaccinate them you have to vaccinate them against cat diseases as well as, dog diseases because they can come down. With BOTH but i certainly know some people that have had them and. Love them but you know there are people who have pet rats and that type of thing. As WELL so i think it just depends on what sort of pet, you're after and whether or not it's going to suit, your lifestyle and whether you've got appropriate enclosures and things for them so they. Won't, Escape alliston hope that helps a.
Speaker 1: Little bit we've got to do this news not. Far Away nathan cosh is leaving. The building thank you for your wonderful contribution for the last.
Speaker 2: Few, Hours pleasure thank you for, having me and thank you everybody, for, listening, calling writing or whatever you're doing or.
Speaker 1: Sleeping and texting into all Of, the yes and we'll. See you it's one of the mornings next.
Speaker 2: Week, Hopefully, yes okay.
Speaker 1: Thank you we're going to cover what looks to be pretty fronding attack yours spaces in guitar. And irak we'll keep you up to date as we go through. The morning australia overnight