Speaker 1: We got contacted by a listener a little bit before six o'clock this morning to say that he was on a Qatar flight that was supposed to go from Melbourne to Doha that diverted and he was currently in Goa on the West coast of India. M. Barnett is a passenger currently stuck in Doha. M. You're on your way from Europe back to Australia, are you? Oh?
Speaker 2: I hope, I'm on my way right now.
Speaker 3: I'm just stuck at dough I've been here since like six pm and yeah, I just took a flight from Heathrow to here and just hopefully getting on a flight at some point in the near future.
Speaker 4: And so em tell us what communication if you had from your airline that you're flying.
Speaker 2: Honestly, not a great deal that in.
Speaker 3: The communication that we've actually had is like me going up to one of the staff that are kind of sometimes there and asking what's happening. So it seemed quite sort of secretive for a little while what had happened, But everybody seems to be communicating with each other.
Speaker 1: Now, did you get to explanation as to why you've made the first leg of your journey and now been stuck.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't get not from the actual airport people or anything, but obviously there's TVs up around the place, so we've kind of gathered that it's because of the bombing that's just happened. And we're about thirty forty kilometers away from that are.
Speaker 1: Only thirty to forty kilometers from those US military bases which were attempted to be bombed. Am they that all the missiles were intercepted? We're happy.
Speaker 5: We're happy to tell you.
Speaker 4: Amy, you're traveling by yourself.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am all by myself. That's okay from girl.
Speaker 5: I am. How many hours have you been in Doha now?
Speaker 2: Probably about over six.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, And you've been beginning.
Speaker 1: Any estimate as to well when you'll make the ongoing journey to get back to presumably family in Melbourne, Well, it.
Speaker 2: Just keeps changing.
Speaker 3: So I asked about an hour and a half ago and they said we'd be boarding in an hour. But I mean there was a point there where literally everything was just grounded and flights have been canceled.
Speaker 2: But I've asked about fifty.
Speaker 3: Times and they said, my flight hasn't been canceled, but it has disappeared off the board about two hours ago.
Speaker 1: If you look at the good sign, But if you look at the window, are their planes taking.
Speaker 5: Off and landing?
Speaker 3: No, not yet, but they are sitting right out there ready to jump on. But there have been two planes that have just been boarded about twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 4: An important question, are you near a PowerPoint?
Speaker 2: Oh, don't worry, I've been.
Speaker 3: I've been seeking them out, but so is everybody else. So everyone's actually been so lovely though. We've just been kind of taking in turns to charge our phones.
Speaker 5: And is there food and drinking?
Speaker 3: I mean they gave they actually did give us a it was like a voucher. We just could scan our boarding pass and they kind of allowed us to get a small dinner. But it's so expensive here. The Aussie dollar doesn't really do row. I've decided.
Speaker 4: And where have you been? Where are you coming from?
Speaker 3: So I'm coming from Europe, so I've came directly from Heathrow to here.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and how long.
Speaker 5: Have you been?
Speaker 2: Three months?
Speaker 4: Oh, you've had two months away? Fantastic. So your family will be looking forward.
Speaker 2: To seeing you, well, I hope.
Speaker 5: So where do you live?
Speaker 2: I live in Geelong? Now. But my family are in Tazzi, so I won't even see them.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, right, Hey, listen, would it work if we put some money in your bank account transfer it would that sort of work instantly to replenish your bank account? So you buy something that weed or drink?
Speaker 2: Oh, bless, you don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of other people that would need that, not me, so find one of them.
Speaker 1: We'll start with you, M, So don't hang up yet. We're very keen to know. On the first leg, what movie did you watch?
Speaker 2: I actually didn't watch a single movie. I just read my book. How weird? I'm just such a nerd.
Speaker 5: What's the book called?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's that series. It's the Akatar series.
Speaker 3: A coord of Thorns and Roses is the gailiest book you'll ever read.
Speaker 2: But it's so good.
Speaker 5: Good on you, M. Please stay on the line.
Speaker 1: We'll want to trans for some money to you so that you can so that you can get something to eat and to drink.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Look at this?
Speaker 5: Is it at lass? Nowhere?
Speaker 2: Is it all? Give my bank details over the front?
Speaker 4: You could do that.
Speaker 1: You give give it over, give it over the ear now and you'll end up with a million and hours.
Speaker 5: Whatever happened to him? Barnett, well funny she bought Doha Airport. M Please stay on the line. We will transfer somed