Speaker 1: O guy, thank you, I Blake, Carol's here this morning. Everyone. Welcome to Australia overnight. And now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 2: Australia's quiet. The night rolls on, the voices echo till the break of dawn. Through the dark, there's a guiding light. Three aw keeps us close tonight.
Speaker 3: Over night.
Speaker 4: We share the.
Speaker 1: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 5: Everywhere, from city streets.
Speaker 3: To the outbacks.
Speaker 2: Guys Australia trees as the station fly.
Speaker 1: Hello if we won't Welcome to Australia overnight. Thank you to Bruce and the team there. Great came and footy, big win by the freeman, Ol Dockers, Wollos, this Softie carry you doggers city weeks.
Speaker 3: Harcos n.
Speaker 6: Soonie's voice like a friendly.
Speaker 3: Brings the country close across.
Speaker 1: This wherever you are right across Australia. Hello, no.
Speaker 4: Shre.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the team there at five double A Maddie and crew. I think Maddie was in the chair after the footy. If you'd like to join us, you can jump on board now one double three six nine three. Keep sending those emails overnights at three a W dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Minos This saffre No city wakes heart goes now.
Speaker 7: To his voics like.
Speaker 3: A free hand brings the country close.
Speaker 8: Across the land.
Speaker 1: But it is it is over night Astradia. If you'd like to join us at Caroline had some bonuses here telephone number and you want to jump in nice and nearly one double three six nine three. Here we go, Dara Lee. A lot of the things to talk about. Where do we start? Massive program lined up for the next hour or so. If you'd like to join us, as I said that, you can send the text day as well. You know the text.
Speaker 9: Line excellent, you do good zero four one nine, Thank you? Zero four double seven six nine three out of mental blake zero four double seven six.
Speaker 10: Your phone number ten's I'm.
Speaker 11: Laughing, I.
Speaker 9: Tell you, because it's so dependent on the screen, and all of a sudden the screens in the wrong position.
Speaker 1: You go, oh, hang on, where are we up to? There you go.
Speaker 10: S be back and good morning Tony, Good morning everyone. Look it's funny though, with the number, because how many of us know mobile numberstuff they had and whether it's kids or family or whatever, you don't you just press the number two you were as a kid. I still remember my original phone number growing up?
Speaker 1: Well, you all do two five, three six three four as mine?
Speaker 10: Yes, Well I had a British for a time. Of course I did. I did, Yes, three four nine nine, three five eighthsre you go, we can number. There is no thing we can but anyway, that's society.
Speaker 1: But God forbid that if anything happened to one of the kids and you had to call them, but you didn't have your mobile phone, chances are you wouldn't be able to call them. I wouldn't be able to call Jamie or.
Speaker 10: Dw I wouldn't either. I wouldn't either. Look, I look, I'm one of these very rare ones. I don't keep a diary, but I have a diary where I write shifts in things to do. I don't have it all on the phone. I have got modern phone, but I have it there. I do have the kid's number at some point in those pages. But no, you're exactly right.
Speaker 1: Do you journal?
Speaker 10: No? I don't have time.
Speaker 1: Never journal.
Speaker 10: No I have do not, I guess as a kid, But no, not not lately. No, there's no time. There's no time.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's a very interesting point, Colbert and I watch Colby from Time to Talk only because it's hysterically funny and some of the commentary that he does, as you can imagine, you've probably no doubt seen it. But then somebody said to him, one of his guests said to him, do you have you watched so and so and so and so? And Colbert of all people said, we I get time to watch television.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Look, I've got to say to you. People often say, you know, do I read books? Yeah, if I got some holiday time. I love reading books, But to be honest, I don't get the time We've spoken before. I love newspapers. I read lots of different ones every day from around the world as well as across Australia. That's what I love, and so that's my reading that I do. But I have read dozens and dozens of books. I love autobiographies. I like finding about people's lives, things that have happened to them, what shape their life, what's inspired them as well. One of my favorite ones was Michael Kane's autobiography, where it was an absolute cliffhanger right until the last page, and it really left me speechless when he found out that his sister was his mum.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, wow, yeah, I think he's written a couple of books. But it was his upbringing and how it all sort of happened, and I think it was at the time when dirty rotten scoundrels came out of as well. And yeah, it's it's many, many years since I've read it, but it was, it was, it was his mom. It was in the days where his mum had become pregnant but of course socially not acceptable, and so her death her parents, so his actual grandparents had brought him up as their son, and he thought that his mum, who don't quote me, I think she might have been fourteen or fifteen at the time, so still an age gap.
Speaker 1: At a time.
Speaker 10: Well, absolutely, absolutely in those times. And yeah, it was. He found out decades later that it was that his mum was his sister. So called sister was his mum.
Speaker 1: Incredible story.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic, that's okay.
Speaker 10: Anyway, we digressed, We do about the number, but.
Speaker 1: Always happened to digress. A digression is the great ability of open line talk about radio where you can go anywhere, which we love.
Speaker 10: Which we love now Victoria is meant to be the place to be. North Land Shopping Centers that definitely not meant to be the place to be. Goodness me, what has gone on in there in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, I think people would have seen this right across Australia. For those certainly at five Double A and Adelaide and six PR in Perth, I hope you have. It was an extraordinary peace when it came on the new six o'clock on Thursday. On Wednesday night, I beg your paper, yes, and to see that just bang and it was almost a bit of disbelief. I mean, what sort of the bone here jumps in? Gotta be careful because it's been.
Speaker 10: He's now been arrested, but that's okay, we're not naming him.
Speaker 1: So the idea of thinking that that was a thing to do is mind boggling in the extreme.
Speaker 10: I can't believe you got through the ballards. So for people across Australia that haven't seen it, north Land Shopping Center is a large shopping center. I guess it's equivalent in Western Australia to Karnop Shopping Center in Adelaide. It would be oh near the Arundle, it would be. It's on the tip of my tongue.
Speaker 1: Rundell will never rundle more. You know what the big west Field and.
Speaker 10: This ginormous land Cruiser I believe it's a circle like you know, built between two thousand and seven and twenty seventeen. I heard on Russ and Russ yesterday morning that the one of the reasons a lot of these have been stolen in the last month is it's one that they can use a gadget to. Actually it's a push start. It's the old it's the old push start button which apparently was not very popular when that land Cruiser series came out. And anyway, it's been stolen. It was stolen from way across the other side of Melbourne, ivan Hoe East and anyway this person has well he's driven through the shopping center and how nobody.
Speaker 1: Was killed or a miracle when you think about the traffic a shopping center right the way through and that's miracle.
Speaker 10: Anyway, then they found it as well. But of course, as we know, a couple of weeks ago there was a machete brawl between brawling teens and then of course Northland got put into lockdown. Yesterday morning again, so like twelve hours later, because I think there was an electrical fire at Maya, so you've got to feel for that. The Trader three.
Speaker 1: Happens, happens in the three MG. It's interesting. So but then then shows particularly and I'm sure there would be similar stats across the country. Stat's about the idea of youth crime and the reality is it's well and truly above where anybody needs it to be.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, and I think that today, well yesterday I should say that it was actually that youth crime and Victoria has surged eighteen percent over the past year as police have carried out the most arrests on the on record in their one hundred and seventy two year history in Victoria. And we know that there are some people that say there's no youth crime crisis, but there there is. There is, And you know bail law is supposedly titaned, well they really haven't been. But it it's not a good advertisement for Victoria as a whole.
Speaker 12: I mean.
Speaker 10: And also I was going to say this to you. It links in that you know, the list came out yesterday of Australia's universities. They've slipped down quite a few places. That's one of our major markets to attract international students. We know that there are capsule but can you imagine and we all know that, you know, we all know that people have no idea that Australia has snowfields and we've got you know, hot They just think of Australia as whatever it is. We're all guilty of that thinking of countries around the world. But all this stuff here is not a good advertisement going out. And we know that there's a lot of international students that make Melbourne their second home and also Sydney. But when you've got stuff like this happening that goes worldwide now, whether it's on social media or thing, it's just bringing down the whole image of Victoria and no wonder we're not attracting an investment.
Speaker 1: It's a bad look for the nation.
Speaker 10: It's terrible.
Speaker 1: It's a bad look for the nation. I agree, Tony in birth, come and have your say good morning to you or nearly good morning.
Speaker 13: Yeah, good morning Tony and young Kierley, thank you good morning.
Speaker 14: First of all.
Speaker 13: First of all, Tony, I send my sincere from dollars and heartfelt commiserations to you and the Melbourne Football Club Mexica. When you're absolutely plugged by the greatest soon to b bfl AFL team in the whole nation, we'll all ladies and gentlemen, wild world. Would you please stand up for the greatest theme songs for Collings Football?
Speaker 1: You can go off people quickly, really really quickly.
Speaker 13: But that's number one, but number two. Now I want you to follow up. I want you to do some investigation for me.
Speaker 15: I heard a rumor.
Speaker 13: I heard a rumor and I want you to see if you can confirm it.
Speaker 14: Per you know how.
Speaker 13: Melbourne's got the rolls the road hole. I heard that per are getting it too by the end of the year, early next year. Can you do some investigation?
Speaker 14: That's the case, exclusive freaking new.
Speaker 10: Sorry, Tony. So what do you mean the road toll?
Speaker 16: Do you know how you're going to pay?
Speaker 13: You know when you go in Melbourne you got all those gadgets on your path.
Speaker 10: Oh you mean the toll like a city link to pay a toll as you go through, So you know that it's already on the Kenwick Link, which is a road in Western Australia. Already there, it's already there, but it's it's for trucks. It's primarily for heavy haul vehicles.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's right, that's right. But I heard a rumor, a strong rumor, and I hadn't been mentioned on on radio or anywhere that I just heard it from the from a real good sort that it's coming into the end of the year early sometime next year. And that's all been through the state government, the federal government.
Speaker 1: Well you heard the first year times will yeah, look, thank you.
Speaker 10: I'll do some investigation. I have to say, having lived there for many years, it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. It's always been along because don't forget with ev vehicles are as a drop in the fuel ex size. As well, there are a lot of new road projects being built in Western Australia as well that have taken a long time to build. Governments are traditionally wanting money to you know, to pay for it all. I don't think though, that they would retrospectively do it on some of the existing roads like the Mitchell Freeway, the Quanana which you know as we know as the equivalent like the Prince's Freeway, etc. But I'll definitely I'll do some investigation. I'll see what I come up with next.
Speaker 1: Week, Tony, thank you for that. David will come to you in Israel, will do that. The other side of this is Caroly Kats and Barnas is with it. They keep the text line coming as well at zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. Yes, you're right, thank you. It was a seniors moment. Appreciate that Tony Jackson made the footy team win over the weekend. Yes, go Sturt. Thank you for those texts. More of your calls. It is Australia overnight. Good morning. If you'd like to join the program, they come on board. Lots of things about which we can chat between now while Carole, Katch and Barnas is here JC via text reports. Look at this, Caroly, something happening. Two helicopters are circling around that neat area. So we'll keep you up to date on that as it unfolds, whatever it may be. David's in Israel.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning, Tony, and good morning Caroly. If you had miss Australia, Trump would have wait belind.
Speaker 15: To meet you.
Speaker 6: He wouldn't have He wouldn't have first numbed you.
Speaker 10: Oh your line is just breaking up a little bit, David, it's a little bit unclear. We do hope that you're safe though.
Speaker 1: Yes, can you mean now yes we can.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying if you had been Prime Minister of Australia, Trump would have been waiting in line to meet you.
Speaker 10: You wouldn't have That's very sweet, thank you very much. Goodness. That's it's a real mess, there isn't it. It's no one. It's a very very difficult situation.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I feel like Gene Kelly, really you get to.
Speaker 1: Do a song of do you know the song?
Speaker 6: Do you know the song singing in the Ring in the rain?
Speaker 17: We do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, singing in the Ring? Well, I'm singing in the missiles?
Speaker 1: What's it feel like for the audience? Rend Australia, David.
Speaker 6: This morning was not good. We got last night. We had one about midnight which was maybe it was before I can't remember plus minus and there wasn't too much damage. And then we have one at seven this morning and three different sites. Mugun which is not far from me, the financial district got here quite badly, a lot of destruction, the hospital in the south and then maybe du Eva, which is basically closer destruction than everybody out. And that's a big problem because it's the only hospital down there in hold On, which was old buildings south of Tel Aviv. And let's start with everything is okay, no injuries and it ended up today without counted up to so far two hundred injuries, some of which are quite serious. And the Iranians claim they bombed the hospital in the Cheva, Theavocal hospital in Bie because they claimed that the Israelis were keeping tanks in the basement. Mm hmm, you're speechless.
Speaker 1: Well, don't quite understand, so.
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not so what we're not doing any.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get the let's get to the tanks in the basement of what the hospital? Right? Okay?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Are you getting a lot of the outside news as well? Like are any telecommunications card or internet or do you having to use a VPN?
Speaker 6: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I'm a bit of a yeah, yeah, no, yeah. I follow the Age of the Age actually to its credit. I'm surprised it's actually been quite accurate and they've had some very good articles. Perhaps it's messianic times, I don't know, but I've been stunned. The age of supporting has possibly been in better and watch it than the help.
Speaker 7: Which is very rare for the age we do.
Speaker 6: I do watch the sky. This stuff is great, and I send stuff through to you guys. I don't know if if your newsroom ever, you know, is able to use the stuff or not, or or's just personal communication. I don't know. But it wasn't good this morning. It was not good this morning.
Speaker 10: And I guess the world is they're waiting. I mean, you know, Donald Trump has not yet made his decision. He's been actually quite clear in saying that he's taking his briefings, he's waiting, he's seeing and I think there's a quote going around that he's actually put on them. People will know a second before he makes the decision. But it's a very difficult situation, isn't it, Because you know, on.
Speaker 6: The one hand, I'll tell you, I'll tell you what. The yeah, I'll tell you what if I can, if I can interrupt for accesson the articles in the press here English and Hebrew are that Trump Trump basically wants to join and he sees that that Israel is winning and he wants to be on the winning side. That's what they're say. And they said the majority of Americans are against the Iran and do not want Iran to have a bomb. Understand that the danger. The problem is they're scared that these these bunker busting bombs will not do the job in four do. They're scared that they will not be able to penetrate deep enough and destroy the facilities in four DU, which is the big problem. Most of the other stuff I believe has been destroyed that in for do you need these bunker busting bombs dropped by B twos And there was a report today. They're scared that beaches could be shot down. They're scout up to see how it could happen, but they're scared it could happen. And they're scared that the b too, bunker busting bombs may not penetrate the nuclear facilities, which are eighteen ninety hundred meters submerged underground, under fortified underground. The other thing is the Iranian scent of a custom missiles. This morning they sent missiles inside missiles.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I guess for any of the audience that doesn't know, for do it's like a fortified mountain and everything is underground, the uranium and richmond and that's what the bunk of Uster would do. But it's a it's a very difficult situation because there's a lot of people, a lot of Americans, sort of Israeli's a lot of Iranians as well. They're wanting an organic overthrow of the uranium regime because they've seen that if the Americans go in, we've seen what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan. They've evidently there are people on the inside that want, you know, the regime to be overthrown. And it's a question that is, if they were to use the bunk of busters and they get rid of the uranium enrichment, does that give enough umph for the uranium people to rise up, you know, and overthrow a regime. And that's an organic and organic revolution, which is sort of I think what everyone is wanting, because if America goes in and does it, that's that's the game changer. But on the other side of the coin, as they say, can't allow Iran to have a nuclear bomb, it goes against all the proliferation or the world order as well. It's also makes it very difficult because of course, you know, as we say to people, with Trump's first presidency, as well, he didn't go into any wars or anything like that, but it's a very very volatile situation there is.
Speaker 1: David, will let you go, stay safe and we'll talk sooner rather than later.
Speaker 6: You know, we're hopefully, we're hopefully we're okay.
Speaker 1: Thank you, David, Thank you very much for David there in Israel. It's a tense time. And the thing, my heart, I might be a little forlorn about this, really that here we are in a situation in twenty twenty five and there must be children three, four, five, six, and seven years of age wandering around in Palestine, in Tehran, right throughout Israel going ma'am, dad, grandma, grandpa, what's going on? That's where I go to any other commentary, how do you explain that to a four, five, six, seven year old in this day and age, or any age, But in this day and age, how do you explain what's going on to a child? All grandchild? It's just mind boggling. It is who, how?
Speaker 18: Why?
Speaker 1: When? And we're to a four and five year old exactly right, speechless. I'm with you.
Speaker 10: Another topic. I was going to say, moving to a different country. It's interesting. So we know that on the weekend. There was the two hit men that went to the villa in Bali and they hit the thirty two year old man Zevan Radmanovik who was in the villa, and they wounded the other gun in, the former partner of ROBERTA. Williams's daughter, and the other is sorry. They've now been three men that have been arrested and nothing. One is from Sydney, he was a plumber and there are two others out what I find very interesting and I find it almost laughable. The Albanesi government is voicing concerns after the arrest of these men, saying that they're opposed to the death penalty, and I think to myself, well, they're in Bali. They've allegedly committed the crime in Indonesia in Bali. Sorry, we don't really get a say in their justice system, the same as they don't get to say in ours. And I'm really sorry. The lawyers in Indonesia must think Australians are a bunch of idiots. Ever since the you know, Balow and Chambers, chappelle korby Bali nine, they must think what part of committing a crime? Now I know that that was to do with drugs. But you know this was whatever this is over, whether it was an organized hit by Australia or whatever. I just think the Albanesi government really needs to you know, come on, you can't. You can't be calling the shots to the to the Indonesian government that this gun crime is quite rare in Bali and suddenly you've got this, this murder in this villa and you've got the men done. And I just think it's laughable. It's laughable that the Albanezy government is saying, oh, we don't believe in the death penalty. We've been through this before the death penalty exists. It's another country. It's their right to enact their justice as they see fit. We're Australia. We're not over there.
Speaker 1: Come and have your say. One double three six' nine THREE jc reports as a big house fire Now Saint George's road in.
Speaker 10: Two, well that's an expensive, Right.
Speaker 1: Saint George's road in, Two, Reckisney Ultimo. Court there's a couple of two story houses. INVOLVED a second line response about ten trucks around that. Area we'll keep you up to. DATE, Jc thank you for. That For australia overnight it Is Australia. Overnight I'm tony, McManus Carol. Lee Katsim barnas says here catch up With Carroll. Lee first thing on A friday morning is part of The overnight. Program if you'd like to come and have your, say you're more than welcome one double three six' nine three one double three six. Nine three christian will come to you in just. A moment the opposition Leader, In Victoria, brad batten said the scary record making Crimests showed victoria's across the state pretty much, at risk putting a lot of things. At risk it doesn't matter where, you live you are less safe today than you were ten. Years ago now that's got to be distressing.
Speaker 10: To many yeah, it IS but i think we can identify, with it. CAN'T we i mean we've all either known someone or been victims of either break ins or, you know aggravated at home burglaries and it isn't the. Same place and it doesn't matter that we've got. More population we've just seen this youth crime and we've seen the crimes that have been done in machetes. AS well, i mean you know this wasn't happening five or six. Years ago, you know.
Speaker 1: There's Ridiculous Different Shadow Minister david southwick has slammed the governor of The state gaven for delaying introduction of tougher bail knife Laws Underfunding. Victoria police so there's a bit. Of that so why is it taking so long to be able to bring those things where we do have tougher bail laws and that's got to go through.
Speaker 10: The, parliament, YEAH well i think the, fact is, you know they've got. To agree but the Problem that i've got also is the. Machete sales now they've said that they're going to ban Machetes from, september one and they've banned the sale and then it was a knee jerk reaction after The north land machete attack two. Weeks Ago at northland they suddenly miraculously held a press conference overnight early in the morning so that they would and said that they will stop. The sail and then now when other amazon has stopped, doing it so what. Will happen, i'll well they'll end up going and using, meat cleavers. Won't they but the thing is this doesn't come into Law until SEPTEMBER and i think that if it's, come through why not, banned immediately and that's what most normal thinking, people think because, between now Which is June, and september it's almost a free for all with.
Speaker 1: These, machetes christian, good morning how?
Speaker 16: We Eyes?
Speaker 10: Hello christian how? Are you.
Speaker 15: I'M great i just want to know why we can't do a no confidence boke for. This premier they did It in tasmania for a.
Speaker 6: Goddamn stadium, you know.
Speaker 14: We've we've got strong bail.
Speaker 15: Walls here the strongest in. The country what?
Speaker 10: Bail, WARS yeah I think i think that no confidence voted is the makeup of the Parliament in tasmania is. Slightly different, you know there's an overwhelming majority in the in the state. PARLIAMENT here i think it takes it and it took, both sides and then there was a casting vote by, the young the speaker or The pres ultimately There was ultimately There, WAS look i mean the next date Election is november twenty. Twenty six there there's plenty. Of time but it's it's where people remember all this because as, we know they're supposedly they've got their big projects going to be opening suburban rail loop and all the all the wiz bang stuff as well and all this stuff they're probably hoping will actually. Get forgotten but it's not a. Good situation and, you know we've we've been through two police. Commissioners already. Don't forget we've got the new. GENTLEMAN coming i can't remember his. First note Is It. Mike bush It's mister bush who was retired As The new zealand. Police chief. HE'S coming i think he's Beginning, in july and, you know because we're on our third police chief already and It's only june Already, in victoria and, he wants he wants to make. The CHANGES but i guess the Issue that i've got is That When shane patten Was The, chief commissioner he told the state government, all this and then So Did. Rick nugent it.
Speaker 1: Felt really dormant during that time in terms.
Speaker 10: Of activity, that's right but it's.
Speaker 1: What do.
Speaker 10: YOU do i think a lot of people sit around that, you know That are victorian, as well they look and, they think how has our state got? To this and it's almost The Old new york analogy the. Broken window if you don't fix the, broken window and, you know whether it's, youth crime whether, it's potholes on, the road whether it's, road signs whether it's it's services just. Not working we don't actually. Have money we've run out of money in, this state, you know we don't have the money to. Do THINGS and i think the most important thing is to fix things that. Need, fixing YEAH.
Speaker 1: And i Think That new, york model even Though that guliani.
Speaker 10: Was, quite extraordinari that was right on the.
Speaker 1: Basis that he, looked at or his committee, looked at how do we bring down Crime In new york at a time where those levels were extraordinarily in. That place and we All Love new york and you go there in. A, heartbeat now although there is a shift back to some really poor behavior, as well but that it has made during that time was really out. Of control and, they, said look one of the things we look at is a. Fair, evasion yes because the idea was if you tend to think you can get away with, fear evasions you think you can get away with. SHOP stealing i think you can get away with shop stealing that escalates into a more violent type. Of attacks think you get away, with that you're then knocking off cars and doing some. Horrible things so if you really get it at, that grassroots which proved to be really Successful In new york at, that time fair evasion and just really looking at those issues and making that. Completely, unacceptable yeah and.
Speaker 10: Don't, forget that, you, know labor it's all this smoker mirrors and muddying. The waters they weakened the bail laws in twenty, twenty three and they were warned against doing it by the police and of course by the liberal. State opposition they went ahead and. Did it and then eighteen months on we've seen all. This crime we've seen people that have. Been murdered we've seen a recidivous group of young youth offenders that wear it is a badge. Of honor and if there are, no consequences and it's like dealing with, a child if you don't give, them consequences they don't learn, from, it right they don't learn, from it and.
Speaker 1: To do what.
Speaker 10: They do, you know it's. Very sad. It is it's not a safe place to be very.
Speaker 1: Very true but when you dig, deep down who's going to pay for? All, this well it's the tax the state's already, desperately.
Speaker 10: Right but you know What innocent victorians are paying, for it aren't they lives are. Being destroyed do you think about it? This way someone whose car. GETS stolen i know that we, might, say oh it's just a piece, of. Metal etc but it could be. Somebody disruptive it's somebody that has to take time. Off work that could be have care of duties with an, elderly parent or look after Someone with parkinson's. Or something kids. To school they're doing, shift work so they can't get. Public transport the car is. Their thing they're doing the, right thing but all that thing and then there's just a either the person doesn't get caught or it gets to the stage where people just don't bother reporting it because they know that the police are doing the best job, they can but they're, so overworked and there's so. MANY things i think it's just a police are.
Speaker 1: Over work. The courts the courts are. Chocolate, block yes the prisoners and the work that they do inside of the guards inside prisons are overwhelmed with what, they're doing, the copying enormous amounts of. Violent abuse so it's got all of that has to be taken into consideration before, you say well we'll Go to and then there's railord and.
Speaker 10: Then there's the directive given that magistrates must grant bail to the people that are, you know The fourteen okay labors now, saying oh but we've tightened that. A, bit well they didn't tighten it eighteen, months ago which let everything. Run right most violent incidents that have happened have happened through people that were on bail that were, then rebailed and it was like a. Revolving door and there were lots of, campaigns done, you know to try and, highlight this and, you know little tweaks have, been made but essentially, you know.
Speaker 19: To do this.
Speaker 10: Pretty well we do have a long way, to go.
Speaker 3: A long way.
Speaker 1: To go your calls, either side covin join us one double three six nine Three four, australia overnight good morning wherever. You are nice to have. Your company if labor didn't waste money carelly canceling the, common games they could pay all. Of them pure mismagement that we have that history. Of mistake that's a. Genuine perceptions i've said.
Speaker 10: To you we said off and we're very open here, as WELL but i would rather my taxes go to build, another jail although we have another jail. Already built we just don't have the people to. Staff IT but i think to myself that the millions that have been spent on these, pet projects, you know the suburban rail loop and all, those things and we, are multi multi millions billions. OVER debt i would rather my money went to go and build another jail to get these people off. The streets, rob.
Speaker 1: Says it's all about how we would like to expose to spend, that money how we spend, the money were how the government spends.
Speaker 10: The money law is a crucial thing as well as healths going to.
Speaker 1: Be Upgrade agree Ronda and east. BRIGHTON.
Speaker 20: Morning O, hi Tony and I'M sorry i haven't loft The.
Speaker 10: Ladies hrondo aparently you're nice to.
Speaker 21: Read you Oh.
Speaker 20: Hi cara look here After lividins bright now for sixteen years in a lovely social housing complex just Up from Hampton And. Center road and we talk a lot about what's going on with the. Home invasion, we.
Speaker 22: Know if you're shot.
Speaker 20: With it, some CHILDREN as, i chan are sleeping in their parents' room because they're so frightened of.
Speaker 22: Home invasions.
Speaker 20: That's how bad. It is and, you know normally a lot of elderly people would go out and, sit out, you know and have a copy outsweer. As stopped they're.
Speaker 1: Too frightened that's not.
Speaker 10: A way it's not a way. To live it's not a way. To live but remember when The Fromier dan andrew's ridiculed that jug she called it out first. Years ago she did right and she's kept on. With that good on her for. Doing it the, thing is it's very difficult because it's the ethos as WELL as i, often say the. Justice system it is, the soft the soft underbelly of the left leaning justice system where they just don't want to impose things because as, you've said laws, are there, all right But they we had that fellow that rang up that said he was he was he was a bail magistrate by a. Bail justice he was directed to. Grant bail it's been tightened a, tiny bit but it's almost like a. LITTLE bit i.
Speaker 1: Think it's sorry to jump in because we've had this conversation a couple. Of, times yes where, you know to make reference to the left justice system it makes. No sense what makes sense is the direction they get from. The government it's if it is it's this way. By definition we don't know whether a judge is left? Or right it is for the most.
Speaker 10: No, consequence, well no but it's the way it's taught in. Law schools so, for example a police officer brings in someone.
Speaker 1: Or is they teaching law?
Speaker 10: Schools, Law okay but a police officer brings in two fourteen year olds allegedly with a, stolen car blah, blah. Blah, allegedly right most people's common sense, would, say right you, know what these people need to spend, a night a night behind bars to get them off, the streets so they don't put themselves or. Anybody else what happens, Revolving door out they go again six, hours later six o'clock in, the morning leads story. On three, watch again?
Speaker 1: What's nobody the gap is? The, job well the gap.
Speaker 10: Is the gap is the magistrate not actually.
Speaker 1: Does the does the current law allow for that?
Speaker 10: To, happen yes, it does it allows. For it bail is not an. Automatic right it is the discretion of. The, magistrate however Under The labor laws By the, allen government the magistrates were directed to just ignore any priors or any previous convictions of these young, youth offenders almost like a complete, magic slate and out they. Go again that's been tightened, a bit but it was weakened eighteen. Months ago and, THE police I Mean, shane patton remember you know he released his seven. Point, plan okay the man was, you know got rid of by, the union they, lost confidence. Et cetera but he. Released that the police have said that now this new fellow coming in Has said i'm going to. BE tough i won't be intimidated by. The government but you need, the synergy you need the to. Be working what the Thing is the, other thing the very simple thing is if they can't acknowledge that what they're doing is wrong and it's, not working what hope is there the leaders.
Speaker 23: Of the.
Speaker 10: Government exactly but we have a youth crime crisis and it is. Not good it is.
Speaker 1: NOT good, a penny, Good morning.
Speaker 24: Good morning i've just got a couple of things ON. The sabe what did us pension tensioners gain from?
Speaker 25: The?
Speaker 24: Budget nothing and also we're the only State in australia that doesn't get tax exemption for pensioners to downside size from their big homes to.
Speaker 1: Something smaller are you calling FROM W, a, yes.
Speaker 24: YES yes i want to stamp gouty exemption, to downside but there's. No, incentive well that's a very.
Speaker 10: INTERESTING one i don't know if you're the only, STATE though i do think it's widely done Here.
Speaker 1: In victoria somebody let, Us. Know penny it's a very. GOOD point i suppose you if you've got a. Lovely home let's say you've got a home In dun CRAIG, in wa, for example and you've been living in that home for maybe, twenty five, thirty five forty, five years but all of a sudden you don't need a three four. Bedroom home what are the costs of a?
Speaker 10: Selling it and then be movie this should be the incentive to downsize.
Speaker 1: One without it costing you enormous amount of hard earned savings over. Those years Trish And kaki, Burn, morning hi how are? You? Well trish, Go. AHEAD trish I just.
Speaker 26: I'm just wondering when people are going to stop playing tit to cat with local government and actually get to the. Issue machete when did they start becoming an.
Speaker 22: Issue in victoria And.
Speaker 27: In astralia this is not a local.
Speaker 26: Government issue look at who is now occupying thirty percent of our areas and where these issues. Are happening It's not. Allen government it's not. Previous government this is bigger Than the. Victorian government.
Speaker 28: It's.
Speaker 26: IMMIGRATION no i.
Speaker 1: Want to, TRISHA no i think and a lot of people are probably saying that as, you say thank you very much. For THAT so i, mean again that becomes a federal. Government consideration.
Speaker 10: It, does however if you've got an issue in, your state it's your responsibility as the government to administer the laws to. Address this AND as, i said machete the sale, of machetes.
Speaker 1: The states don't do that the. Federal government but.
Speaker 10: Why Has The allen labor, government said, you, know okay machetes will be Banned, from september and they've banned the sale, of them but there's this Gap between june now until the First. Of, september yeah so.
Speaker 1: You can imagine other countries around, the world including Somebody like trump at, the moment, who, says look we don't like it at what we're going. To do we're going to change that law in eight months. From now he would say we're going to do.
Speaker 10: It TODAY and i think that's what a lot Of normal victorians and normal dominions are demanding and would want to, do it because why allow a free for all for the next, four months and.
Speaker 1: There is and it feels sometimes like a free. For all and is it all about? THE machete i know it's been canvas for the last couple, of weeks but is it just. The machine it's.
Speaker 10: A choice but they'll find. Something else they'll find, something else find. Something else i'll find a. Bladed, Weapon yeah.
Speaker 1: God Forbid, kroly, katzenbana sir you're about to leave. The building an interesting. Text here the so called left leaning generally refers to a way of thinking that emphasizes, social equality egalitarial, and ism often advocating for governing intervention to address inequities and protect. Marginalized groups there.
Speaker 10: YOU go i KNOW what. I mean the audience KNOWS what.
Speaker 1: I mean you KNOW what.
Speaker 29: I mean we all know what.
Speaker 1: You've been see you. Next week we may rename. This segment you KNOW what.
Speaker 10: I mean thank you for, Having, Me tony thank you everyone seeing Much.
Speaker 18: For.
Speaker 9: Australia now This Is Australia urban Eyed with.
Speaker 25: Tony, McManus.
Speaker 1: Hello wherever you are Right across AUSTRALIA The Ace. Radio network it's THREE o w right Here, in melbourne FIVE double A, in adelaide kourse six Pr in perth jump on board one double three six y. Nine three we'll keep it lighter and brighter for. This hour i've got this new little Selection which i've shared with Young and jackson the other side of the glass some really. Interesting questions it's a little box and somebody gave me as a birthday gift which is just fantastic called, ice breakers and you can have a whole lot of fun with these little. Ice BREAKERS and i just Shared with carolee before she left, the BUILDING and i asked, the question who is someone you really admire, Or admired someone you really admire or admired one double three six, Nine THREE and i Said, to carolee what was your favorite subject? At school favorite subject? At school, great question and everybody would have a particular subject that they just loved and. All loathe and the, other ONE which i think is also a really, good question what is one family tradition that you'd like to carry on in. The future just one little, Family tradition so, caroly said because Of her greek background with, the family she's what About beautiful christmas little things that, they do little biscuits and things they Do? Around. Christmas time what is one family tradition that you would like to carry on into. The future what was that's your favorite subject? At school one double three six. Nine three and then the third one is who's someone you? Really admire someone you Really, admire now it might be been a teacher in. The day it might be a, family member might as somebody who's when you, were younger showed up as a bit of a mentor bit of a guide. In life it may have been something mom, and dad may have been a. Family member who is it someone that you? Really admire it could be today an, international figure a. Sports figure it's been great leadership over. The years one double three six. Nine Three The doctor, john, says awesome wells. You go. That's Fantastic, jonathan COOPER, THANKS jc jc says a, fire Update. Turning mack the house is a. New home this is THE one i think we heard which Was on i've lost the previously the text there now twenty five so it's a house and new house, under construction twenty five x thirty, meters size, two story well, a light lots, of smoke keep windows closed around. That area that was the one on which street Was On Saint george's Road in Tuak Near, ultimo court two, story house fully involved second alarm response about, ten, trucks responding thank you for that, one, double three six, nine three other bits. And pieces we go through the morning Together and murray having. A birthday we'll Mention That. Nicole, kidman gee when you look at the body Of Work nicole kidman's had over, The years she's a birthday. Girl Today, lionel Richie The Great lionel richie is doing, amazing things continues to do. Extraordinary Things lionel richie today seventy six. Years, young.
Speaker 3: Well, my friends the time, is.
Speaker 1: Raising rubb and have some. Throw away the world to.
Speaker 30: Be done let the music. Play on, everybody sings, everybody dance do yourself, and woman we're going, To parties, karamas forever.
Speaker 1: Come on and.
Speaker 5: Sing hellong we're going to Buy To coaramo sis do forever.
Speaker 1: Come on and.
Speaker 21: Sing hello oh nine long.
Speaker 1: Home nine.
Speaker 4: Nine, long.
Speaker 3: Nice none.
Speaker 5: Long nice all, people dancing all in, the street.
Speaker 1: See, the rhythm all in. The light it.
Speaker 6: Is good why set.
Speaker 3: Let the music l feel it in your heart and feel it isn't so.
Speaker 5: Let the music take control with on Body time, Fiesta forever i'm on ancing, My song, oh fine oh nieng all dine on all, nine, long.
Speaker 4: Yeah once you.
Speaker 3: Get started cont Kind of Danis and er where? Everyone's dances john? How content?
Speaker 4: HOW bless.
Speaker 1: I tell? You what there was a time during, the eighties a pretty prolific seventies into, THE eighties a Line or richie or anything about, early work three Times a lady and then a string of singles right Through and nicole of course Starred With paris Hilton In The simple life As Well Final richie today. Seventy six look at all these, texts coming we need some calls one double three six nine three answering one of the questions or all three if. You like what is one family tradition you would like to carry on into, The future and everybody has a tradition that is much loved and. Fondly remembered what was your favorite subject that? Does school one wag says favorite subject A School tony mac, lunch lunch followed by pe physical education and the other one up for grabs anything you want to raise. The course but who's someone who you? Really admire one double three six Nine three It Is Australia Overnight jonathan kursley will go an update out Of The. United states plenty happening over there and your calls one, double three six nine three keep the text line coming. As well zero four double seven six nine three six Nine Three for, perth listeners jump on board one double three eight. Eighty two little joys In, the world isn't It kaly Katz and barnasir when she comes in On a thursday Night a friday morning for her rest segment always brings a little chocolate for each.
Speaker 8: Of us.
Speaker 1: Jackson's gorgeous i've got mine sitting. Over there we might have that together during the YEAR serial a bit later on one Of the joys about hosting the program Right across australia this time of. The morning it's great because our audience INCLUDES six Pr, and Perth FIVE double A and adelaide and of course three are W and melbourne AND The ace radio network Right throughout victoria and Into Southern New. South wales so it's timely that we get to access From Nine news jonathan curzly to bring us up to date with some of these pretty challenging times In The. United states he's up nice and early. For Us jonathan, Good, Morning.
Speaker 27: Tony good morning to you and all the listeners across the vast Expanse.
Speaker 1: Of australia it's a tricky one as to where. WE start, i mean IT'S because i think when we spoke early in THE, week jk it's about this is a movable feast in so. Many, ways.
Speaker 27: Look Everything with iran is roll In The middle east can change our by hour and we've seen that take place over the course of last seven days of fighting.
Speaker 15: Or so yesterday we.
Speaker 27: Had some reporting out Of The Wall street Journal That donald trump had approved attack plans but essentially was. Holding off he wants to try and find some sort of diplomatic path. To this and essentially what it's opened up is there is this feud WITHIN the, maga movement if, you like because for So Long donald trump has insisted he is a president who would not be entering, into wares entering into far, away conflicts and that is exactly what he is considering doing. Right now he is weighing up. The possibility he's had two meetings in the situation room now With His National security Council As national, security team weighing up exactly what action he could Take. Against, iran now a lot of the Speculation if america does enter this war from a, military perspective has been about the so, called busterbuging the, busterbucker bombs that it could be Dropped on aramsky. Nuclear site now he's reportedly questioning whether that. Could work with his military people are confident in. Its success clearly there's a lot going through his mind at the moment about what he. Does next he still wants to leave a diplomatic, door open and essentially he has done yesterday saying he won't make a decision until the. Last second now he hasn't said when that last second is going. To be but last night we saw that this War between Israel and iran just continues, To escalate iran managing to Strike an israeli hospital in and Around The tel. Aviv area thankfully the patients had been evacuated out. Of There but israel has launched with an, extraordinary Response accusing iran of carrying, out terrorism of being, war criminals and they are now weighing up their next. Move too SO as, i say we could talk in an hour or two from now and all of this could have moved. Even further that's just how fluid this. Situation is that's just how fluid.
Speaker 1: War is it'd be fascinated to sit in that situation room and here a what was being reported to him and how the president reacts to. Those, Reports, yeah oh to be a fly of the wars of that.
Speaker 27: SITUATION room, i mean it has been the site of so many crucial Decisions for american presidents over, the years be it the strike To kill Osama, bin laden be it Strikes, On, iraq afghanistan be it other key moments of national security For A united states president. To consider and now once again you've got the president Of The united states sitting in the key chair inside that, situation room receiving key advice from his, military officials from his national security team about what.
Speaker 15: Could be a.
Speaker 27: Path, forward clearly he would have had the options laid out to him about everything that could, be possible every single option That The united, states has both from a military perspective and a. Diplomatic perspective but he has made it clear that his patience is. Running out you can gauge by what he said over the course of the last. Few days he appears to be leaning towards some sort of Military move he has said On truth social within the last sort of couple of hours or so That The Wall, street journal which first reported that he had approved attack plans but was waiting to give the. Final order he said That The Wall street journal doesn't know, his THINKING and, i mean to, be honest the only person who does know he's thinking, to him and the world will find out what his response is essentially when he. SAYS it, i mean his national security team is defense officials will know. Shortly beforehand but he is the one now with the decision in the palm of. His hands what is he going To do because the decision he makes is going to be consequential not just For The israel. Iran conflict it's going to be consequential for the region Of The. Middle east it's going to be consequential for, the world and ultimately too from a. Domestic perspective from hum it's going to be consequential for his power Within the magan movement and Whether the megan movement is going to splinter over. THIS issue, i mean there is so much at play. Right now the stakes really in this situation now could.
Speaker 1: Not be jonathan as a senior journal now and working in news for many, many years and you see those reports come From That Wall street journal, for example does it somehow in the back of your given everything else that you're doing in every given day become a bit irritating because how can they? Publish, that.
Speaker 27: Well there's some elements. Of this i'm not going to talk To The wall street challenge. Reporting specifically, YOU know i don't know personally the reporters, in question but there are senior news journalists in this country that report crucial details and are very close To The white, house officials To The white, house administration to. MILITARY officials a lot of this information gets out to a NUMBER of us, news outlets and it gets. Out, quickly now the only way it gets out quickly across such a broad stance is that the officials who are briefing this out want it to be. OUT there i think what you're, seeing, Now, though Tony Is donald trump is playing the ultimate game. Of brinkmanship he Is driving iran to the.
Speaker 16: VERY brink, i mean just go back of what.
Speaker 27: He said over the course of the last. Few days he put out a message saying that People in tehran needed, to evacuate they needed to. Get out he then said that he Knew Where ayatola kamioni was and he wasn't going to kill. Him yet now he's essentially saying his entire frustration and patients has. Run out all of this is a Message, to iran essentially saying you have one last shot. At this there is some reporting That His middle, Eastern Boy, steve wikop has been in Touch with iran's foreign minister the, entire time has been trying to find some sort of diplomatic path to get around back to.
Speaker 15: The table but the.
Speaker 27: Only Deal That donald trump is going to want Is for iran to say we are not going to have a nuclear program. At all there was some suggestion Yesterday from iran's foreign minister when he put out a public statement of middle of The Afternoon australian. Eastern time essentially he said a round does not have a. Nuclear program now evidence may well. Suggest otherwise but the key question for the world is how far Advanced has iran, Actually been because for fifteen or, twenty years we've kept Hearing that iran is months away or weeks away from developing a, nuclear weapon and we've seen no firm evidence.
Speaker 31: Of.
Speaker 27: That yet we have seen nuclear sites that they clearly are that they have that they are using in, some way shape. Or form but there is great mystery around exactly how Far advanced iran's. Technology is you also have to look at the situation as it stands now that the barrage Of missiles iran has been Sending into israel has been reducing. Quite significantly when it, first started it was perhaps one hundred missiles every single time they would launch. A barrage now maybe it's twenty to thirty every. Single time last night's was about twenty five when they struck. The hospital but they are managing To penetrate israel's, iron dome and that is a key Concern. In israel they are managing to have, direct hits needing to have, Direct strikes they're managing to kill an. Injure people so clearly they are exposing a Gap in israel's iron dome that has long been fancied and labor so Much So donald trump wanted what he Called A, golden dome which was essentially the same system across, the giant vast expanse Of The united States of america and anti. Missile system, so look this conflict is far. From Over donald trump is yet to make a decision on what his movie is going. To be, whence does it will. Be consequential it will be arguably the most important decision By an american president and foreign conflicts in some. Considerable time he now has to weigh in does he, go in does he use a bunker, buster bomb does He assist israel in some, other way or does he find a way to do what he says he wants, to do and that is to be a man at peacing to. End, conflicts remember he said he Would End ukraine russia in.
Speaker 15: One day that.
Speaker 27: Hasn't happened he said he was going to end the War between israel And A musk that hasn't really Happened, to, so look he hasn't met the markets.
Speaker 14: That he put in front.
Speaker 27: Of himself so this is now a key test, for him and the question is going, to, be now what does he? Do next because the eyes of the world are watching and. They're bracing you can see world leaders are posturing around their own, cabinet decisions their own, cabinet discussions trying to work Out What donald trump is going. To do they're trying to sort.
Speaker 15: Of move their.
Speaker 27: People out We've seen australians evacuated Out. Of israel there are other nations moving their people out of these areas because they fear that this conflict is only going. To worsen now it's all in the hands OF the. Us president his decision ultimately could decide where this.
Speaker 1: All heads No Pressure jonathan scraid having the program for listeners Right. ACROSS australia, a second JUST before i let, you go have you had a look at, a fuel oil and? Gas prices what are they paying In The? United states? Any, MOVEMENT well i.
Speaker 27: Mean the big market you always look to in these conflicts is what particularly Around The, middle east is what is happening to the price. Of, oil now let's take a look at crude oil, for example because go over the last five days and the crude oil while it was looking at Round about i'm looking at the crude oil. Futures here it was around about seventy five dollars round about a. Week ago now now, it's sorry it was. Sixty six now it's up to. Seventy three so prices, are rising and they rise because. There's concern they rise because there's. A vulnerability, i mean the big move next COULD be I mean raan has sort of suggested that if there was an escalation in, this conflict then you could see the hoopy start To attack. American ships and see now, that obviously once you start putting those critical supply roots, in jeopardy then things like oil and gas are only going to rise further because it makes. Supply unreliable that is a key. Shipping lane rand knows That the hoopies, know that and this is now a. Critical point not just the concern obviously about a much broader conflict erupting In The, middle east which is really the last thing anybody wants, to see but when you look at these oil, prices too they are going to increase if the conflict continues because the possibility of shipping lanes being shut down that we'll get that oil out Of The middle east into other parts of, the, world well that creates. Significant problems so there's flow on effects. From everywhere it's not just a, military aspect but it's supply chain, Roots too so this. Is critical we saw It with Golf war, mark one we saw It with Golf war. Mark two we see it every time there's conflict In The. Middle east there is a concern around oil and, oil supply and that means ultimately that if you do not produce your own and you rely on getting it From The, middle east then that is going to have a significant problem. For anybody it's not just consumers at the bowser wanting to fill up. Their cars if anybody wanting to try and get their hands on oil is going to have.
Speaker 1: A Problem, jonathan curzly, Thank you going and enjoy some. Breakfast weekend we'll talk.
Speaker 15: Next week always good to talk.
Speaker 16: To, you currently have a, Wonderful Weekend.
Speaker 1: Jonathan curzy are they're In The? UNITED states a fantastic to get them available to Us for. AUSTRALIA overnight a couple of Quick calls pete in some of the. Morning, peak ah Look?
Speaker 18: Are arae about the people who?
Speaker 32: Impressed me?
Speaker 1: Please please it's a. Great question is when you think about those favorite subjects at school or someone that you really admire.
Speaker 12: In.
Speaker 1: Adulthood, yeah WELL when i was, ABOUT twenty i.
Speaker 18: Was working in what's called the technical grades Of the postmasters And Or, research DEPARTMENT and i worked with this engineer who had this incredible nact of turning mathematics. Into REALITY and i said, To, Myself oh i'd like to the other. Do THAT so i changed from a technical course to an, engineering course and well it became a, communications engineer and then it's with the plover AND then i kept going and got my electronics engineering degree and That's what i've worked in for those years from seventy one TO when i retired in. TWENTY sixteen a huge change in ELECTRONICS that i had to go up several big learning curves, and yeah such.
Speaker 1: Was life does that first still exist to some degree in terms of where it's all?
Speaker 29: Going?
Speaker 1: Electronically, OH look i.
Speaker 18: The variation. WAS huge i actually was the key person in putting the first computer based control in a plant room in an airport in what was it nineteen eighty one or something, Like that and it went from that simple stage to in nineteen, eighty eight a new chip came on the market called a field PROGRAM or. Gat array are you happy for it to?
Speaker 12: Keep?
Speaker 1: Talking, yeah sure for, going beautiful, thank you.
Speaker 18: Which is a completely. Different chip it's just a chip with a whole heat of digital resources. Inside it so it made a huge leap in speed processing speed in that in the normal program you execute one line, to time that's sharing the. Computer chip that's sharing the memory and so on and. So forth in, these chips every line gets its own little bit of hardware associated with so instead of one like executing at, a time all the lines of execute at the, same time and so huge. Changing COMPUTING and i ended up working in that field, substantially wow and ended up in a company that did medical instrument development for the last fourteen years of my. WORKING life a.
Speaker 1: Good, work pete and congratulations. On that we need you here from time. To time i've lost an email that was a very. Foot emailers it's disappeared from a buddy Screen and i'm really. Dirty about good on your pet keep in touch with. The program. Thank you mike's in, Mentone morning Michael.
Speaker 33: My Tony Hair, young well thank you First To young jackson telling that the Best public Melbourne is Young.
Speaker 1: And jackson there, it is that's why we Call him Young. And jackson the very famous hotel Kind Of flinders street There And swansea street speak certainly for all my.
Speaker 33: Life too nothing better than sitting in that window and just, watching.
Speaker 1: People watching the world. Go by.
Speaker 34: Just.
Speaker 33: Watch yeah but Thank you, tony please, you played you played all.
Speaker 12: NIGHT long i woke up and it was.
Speaker 33: All night long Line of richie, PLAYING yep I watched he's a birthday.
Speaker 1: Boy today he's, Seventy six The Great. Lionel richie here's my.
Speaker 33: Childhood idol i've met him TWICE and i have a tattoo of him on my no You, Dode WOW yeah. I DO and i just want to say thank you for putting his name forward in.
Speaker 23: Your show.
Speaker 1: Thank you we forget that he actually co wrote that beautiful thing To You we Are, the world which was a messive hit AS well Usa. For africa. Remember that AND can i give.
Speaker 33: You A song tony for, the people for you and, your listeners PLEASE that i have ever. Lost one IT'S Called i Hear, Your Voice. LINEL richie i hear. Your voice.
Speaker 1: Keep, listening Well might sally find to play a little bit of it later on, For.
Speaker 33: You michael for, YOUR listeners i know a FEW because i listened to you during the week at. NIGHT shift i work, night SHIFT so i listened. TO you i, LOVE you i, LOVE night i love THREE w i just want to dedicate THIS song i hear your voice for. THOSE listeners i hear, Your Voice.
Speaker 1: Lionel richie i'm thinking about turning into. A, promo michael well done you thanks so one double three sixty. Nine three we'll get some calls in just. A moment someone that you've always, really admired someone that you. Really admired and why one double three six' nine three and the other one we had this is from our little Ye break is. I'm loving this what was your favorite? Subject at? School favorite subject? Was it Arithmetic? Was it english it may have been a, bit, about history geography perhaps one duble three? Six nine? Three and why and did that serve you well. In the years and what's one family tradition that you would like to carry on. Into the future just that great family traditions that you may have had that you noticed as a kid that stayed with. The family forever and a day one double three. Six' Nine three. It Is Australia. Overnight i'm. Tony mack good morning one of the many conversations from yesterday was around what people were, wearing in the seventies in particular young, ladies of the time, and of course me being a little, bit of the protagonist said? What, about those sharpies well the reaction was incredible and went into this amazing conversation about what people were wearing in the, early to mid seventies in that, So called sharpie era and it reminded me of a conversation we must have had well over twelve months ago Now about things like stagger's jeans and those big wide flares would go right, down over the girls very high, shoes like, cloggy shoes, cloggy heel cloggy sole make you about three and a half foot higher than you were even when you. Were very very little and then the pant would go right down over and cover that whole. Shoe and those tops and then we, had the other Conversation was that a Connie jumper? Or a konti jumper and Then it, moved into Miller shirts. The old miller shirts even got to mention memories of one double, Three sixty nine three and where? Did you buy them if you want to Go to buy a miller, shirt in those days this is late, sixties into the seventies where would you have Gone to? BUY a miller shirt i reckon there was a couple of places we've spent some time talking. ABOUT in the past i think right in the, middle OF the city and i just can't think When they were lou i'm going to say, loose something or other but. Somebody Let Me Know Ardie westwood's gray KARATI, Man extraordinary, Morning.
Speaker 35: Arti good Morning tony And as jackson. Those miller showed somebods You found. Him in, alexander's stores oh well is That.
Speaker 1: In those days alexanders, would have? Sold? Them, would they yeah okay we had a.
Speaker 35: Friend that managed fun and, speaking Of those flees But Levi Jeans, and levi Jean jackeson.
Speaker 23: That's how jimmy Used.
Speaker 35: To dress at Mathilda's?
Speaker 7: Do you Remember.
Speaker 1: Matilda Do remember? Matilda's GREAT levi JACKETS and i think i mentioned this week about My much beloved green levi cord jacket that. FELL off the planet i left it, SOMEWHERE and got well i don't KNOW whether it was i don't. KNOW where it was i went back To find it where i'd left it, And it had gone so yes. Would be the. Answer that's no Good somebody breaking around melbourne now thinking, this is, really cool probably down probably down at lawn still. Wearing my green jacket quarter of, believer.
Speaker 35: In those days skyhooks saying about Jeans And say they'd david dundas, and as you know and there was the Other one And Blue. Jean by david.
Speaker 1: Bowie everybody's wearing blue jeans was a.
Speaker 35: Great song of it, yeah that's right anyway. Favorite subjects Of school that's why i've got in the water science mass and our. Highest.
Speaker 23: FOR physical education good i knew.
Speaker 1: Even as a, Kid, YOU got, that yeah i.
Speaker 35: Did and we had four Months then in the form fives they couldn't do, a proper push up had to show all the whole school had to do a proper push up with keeping your body straight and touching your. Chest on, the FLOOR so yeah so, i learned, a lot, you, KNOW basic mathematics science i. Was right into. It, and physical education.
Speaker 1: Man if, you could jump there could you?
Speaker 30: Do?
Speaker 1: FIFTY push ups now.
Speaker 35: I Pretty hardly put but i'm still doing, some push ups?
Speaker 8: Now good don't?
Speaker 1: You so you reckon you?
Speaker 3: Could?
Speaker 1: EASILY do ten.
Speaker 7: Yeah i always.
Speaker 35: Do ten. Every second every day we do a wake SET out and then i DO some stretchers and i walk the Dogs and you know i'll be putting the bags back up and. Getting back into action, You're.
Speaker 1: A good, man ardie. Thank you good work. Have a great weekend one double. Three six nine three we might. GET some fuel prices, a bit later on given were talking To The. Great mystic ruz Lee They're. In the United states what moving we're seeing Local Petrol prices. In wa Graham morning? Are you tony well thank you, and yourself more importantly?
Speaker 3: How are You?
Speaker 1: TRAVELING ON dry will i.
Speaker 12: I work in the clothing wholesale in Nineteen sixty Two for More. And, seymore, in perth oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: You'd Remember These, Names Valley, Sports Trousers hne suits, There's Stilly, Industrial Ware john, brown.
Speaker 1: John brown knitwear beautiful knit where It was TOO from mery.
Speaker 12: And i ALSO in sixty Six I worked for Morris, walsh up at washes the, on the med. Floor the first floor.
Speaker 1: So that was it that was right In. The, middle Of, perth yeah just Nick.
Speaker 12: Not far from mezically now Do you.
Speaker 1: Remember when Walshes then because in melbourne it Was not a thing walshes until it was And we. Got this walsher store i'm thinking probably early. Part of The seventies this amazing Walsher's store came from Wa, landed directly opposite myra diagonally, across If you Like From. Meyer, on burke street.
Speaker 12: Well there was there was always a bit Of a distute between mary And The. Mother and Jack Walsh you. Know, jack Morris's brother okay because morrows ended up leaving kicking off coun Talk Trousers, up in barrack street But he also Opened Walshes Down, at cox's, brothers economic you remember right On the Corner Of. Hay and william street and then it was across THE road. From where i was it's this piano while we were upstairs With the boy and gidgson.
Speaker 1: And gibbshould have forgotten that brand.
Speaker 12: Right across the road right across the road from the lame way as you went past the church On the Corner Of, brigham and.
Speaker 15: Hay street.
Speaker 12: You would just go past the church and the first lane way there's ses pianos, on the ground floor and we were up on the second floor.
Speaker 1: And the look in the in the clothing business or when, you Were a. Kid presumably graham.
Speaker 12: Seven it was A Storm, and for jack, seymour and what's more his, name was his name, you're the great fellow because they used to deal. With all of us your only business down up the hole tell next to bones out in The. On THE wellingeon street so i what was that Hotel right, next to bones there that's where they, did all their business but.
Speaker 1: Not, on, the, terrace no no No Down.
Speaker 12: Then, ON boningum street Okay i remember how bones. Should go in there then you go down to the Lower Floor and you're welling street down low.
Speaker 22: On the.
Speaker 15: Far right hand.
Speaker 1: Side somebody let us know one double three six nine three or one double. Three eight eighty two somebody. Will let us, Know? How's your, HEALTH graham good.
Speaker 15: Mate I feel great So.
Speaker 12: I'm going in monday i'm going TO have a Nice, I go in monday i Get a Treatment, on tuesday and thursday and they'll be able To. Come Out on saturday so i'm sort of hoping to Stay in there BECAUSE i've, Got the tv on i've, got the racing channel the lad Break to count and i'm getting looked. Up by THE nurse why would i?
Speaker 1: Want to come out that's what. Could, possibly go wrong graham. Have a great weekend we'll talk. To you next week thank you for. Being part of. It australia over night look at all these. Fantastic texts Coming, up tony and jackson? How ARE you both can I say Alor to tiff, And arthur and everybody NATHAN you can did? I hear SOMEONE called or did? I hear that's me Here's someone calling to dennis's program here on three aw? Who had a relative because we're talking about those miss heard lyrics we played All night long and rob says they thought the, lyric was, all nylon all nylon which is. Very funny misheard lyrics leam will, come to you next Come and. Join us astralia overnight the question that we asked earlier is someone whom you really admired? All those years ago lots. OF texts about it. I really think fondly in, My Sixth, grade teacher miss schilling back in the year. Was nineteen fifty nine it's a text ending. In five zero? Seventy isn't That lovely? Could a tony make my favorite subject of school. Was philosophy As science We use The sleep walkers by arthur Cost, as the, text graham, Thank You. Good morning tony mac person admire You Are you me? Tony mac so patient that's. Very kind of you not always, let me tell you but it's very. KIND of you too i Say that Dots In. Richmond AND tony mack, WHEN i turned fifty i tried to phone my soft ball coach to say thank, you for being there. But unfortunately SHE died then, WHEN i turned sixty i phoned my school hockey coach for a short time to say thank you they made a. Difference in my? LIFE isn't it lovely i wonder how many, other people do that just randomly ring up, someone from your past or contact, someone from your past or these days you PROBABLY do it on. Fb presumably you can but the idea of picking up the phone just to thank somebody for the contribution that they, made to your life it's a lovely thing to. Be able, to do for me one would be as a little tacker have Been the, Great Father bob, McGuire father bob McGuire and then all those years right through CADETS at school when i think he was The chaplain out of pakapanel, for a long time and then years later when he, was doing amazing work we would get him ON the Program, six pr in perth and then As you know in melbourne was much loved as well just to talk about religious, issues of the day and, he, was always fun entertaining engaging. And a wonderful mentor is probably not quite The, right word with bob but certainly a fantastic influence from. Those very early years always made just, a lot of. Sense Simple Sense really. Kay, Apathetry gully morning.
Speaker 22: Kay i'm back again nice, To Know.
Speaker 36: You're there kahi, hi just regarding fashion?
Speaker 37: What, did, you have well yes myself and my husband met her at the curial warehouse In the, city in flinta's line and we. WERE both into fashion i used to wear a lot of the stuff his firm made, and with all denim, different, sorts, of, denim jeans coats, birds everything like that and sort of. Jazzy shirts as well made him light denim on your real. Fashions to, ruin days but yeah so and we wore the we wore the flares and all. That sort of stuff centy shoes with the you know the sort of cork.
Speaker 1: Cork sort, Of, shoes that's right okay you. Talk about those dinners, so that was produced. That, Was, manufactured locally.
Speaker 37: Yeah yeah my hobby was into works for a long time while, he was, still alive and.
Speaker 18: Yeah he made latterly he made.
Speaker 37: Coats out Of kashmi go to china and there. Was factories over there but they had. Factories here AS well and when i was in, the fashion industry, TOO you know factories i had to go and visits them and everything Like. That too in melbourne so it was really it, was a lovely.
Speaker 31: Career it. Really.
Speaker 1: Was that's fantastic kay what was the brand of those? Jeans, that, You remember.
Speaker 31: Oh gosh jag Was. He, Worked for jag yes java.
Speaker 37: Are, around, and there was oh there was a, lot of other ones but mainly some more high. Fashion sort of jeans they, had read you know trims on them.
Speaker 22: And stuff, like that so.
Speaker 37: Yeah it was a, Good world back then. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 28: And.
Speaker 1: Like, it was yesterday kay well done you. Thanks for your call.
Speaker 28: It's a.
Speaker 1: Great call jag jeans there you. Go and, Lea.
Speaker 32: Morning good morning tony thank you for your. Compassion the other Morning.
Speaker 1: You're more than it was lovely.
Speaker 31: To.
Speaker 32: Talk TO you Yeah now i admire lauren, the call.
Speaker 38: Oh really well there is one because because, she spake her mind she didn't she was just an.
Speaker 7: Upfront woman and.
Speaker 16: She was just.
Speaker 32: Stunning she really.
Speaker 1: Was, she, was gorgeous yeah yeah NOT not how, do i say this not, in a pretty sense but really quite quite distinct and strong and just had that amazing. Character, in her eyes yeah.
Speaker 32: She had a very, expressive she, did strong.
Speaker 29: Very strong VERY strong and.
Speaker 32: Also, i admired my, name my NUM's. Mum who was amazing. Everybody loved my name she was just. Such a lovely person but she told you when you WERE doing wrong and i learned.
Speaker 35: A lot from.
Speaker 32: Her i admired her and my Favorite subject at.
Speaker 15: School i've got.
Speaker 32: Two one was cooking of course like eating.
Speaker 7: It, and also art well there's.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with, That you've gone beautifully lee And thank you morning Tony Mac. And young an Jackson. We're calling from darwin at the temperature up here a very pleasant twenty One. Degrees ball and WELSH there's another name i have not heard of. For a Long. Time boy. And gibson That's Great. It is australia Overnight We Go. Traveling steve. Grumpy collins he's Next.
Speaker 25: You're Listening to Australia over. Eyes with, Tony, McManus.
Speaker 1: Thank you gabe always good. To talk to you come. And have a chap we'll do that a Bit Later. On with Gabe Hodson from our. Australia overnight to newsroom i'll tell, You who's Coming Up. Steve good humpy collins we talk travel, With A Great, man steve grumpy collins very surely think about, this for a moment favorite and, all least favorite destinations favorite and all least a favorite holiday destination and why wonderuble. Three six nine three we'll Take Some calls with. Grumpy, george's very surely james you know the Late.
Speaker 34: Morning come on Tony the other day american pop 'in' Soft Rock singer songwriter, lou christie passed, AWAY and that one.
Speaker 39: I don't know?
Speaker 15: How good to me, no?
Speaker 34: One mentioned it mate did you?
Speaker 8: Know it passed away i'm NOT too.
Speaker 1: Sure that I Did the Great, Lou christie, Chest.
Speaker 34: Yeah mandy shrikes i'm going to make him mine AND probably Two phases o two what? A, Track, That, Was yeah now Tony, june, has been yeah sorry.
Speaker 1: That, Vocal Is amazing.
Speaker 34: Yeah now June has been a thought's been a seven month for nineteen. Sixties lovers like me i'm.
Speaker 31: Sure Same, For, You.
Speaker 34: Brian wilson slicestone, LOU christie and Yeah. I mean slow stone, I've Always said this james brown, may HAVE invented funt But i think sly stone perfected.
Speaker 15: At make yeah.
Speaker 1: Many in many, ways another birthday today which we'll talk about, a Bit Later, on is ann murray? Can You believe it and, murray what a voice lots of hits. Right through the. Seventies he's a, birthday she's eighty.
Speaker 34: Today eighty Thank And coincidentally it's. Brian wasn't's birthday today it.
Speaker 1: Would have been, Sadly, just think that yeah eighty three.
Speaker 34: Would have been yeah and telling one quick one about Three weeks ago because i've been trying to get you to listen To This SONG BY al Grant A L And. Grant grandpa's little girl now you said you took it home, to listen to it or we're gonna listen. TO it at im. I dedicate that song you, should play that seriously, not just for you for any grandfather that's gonna of the granddaughter to bring out to make or get Your emotional.
Speaker 23: Wrong with.
Speaker 1: What's? What's IT. Called AGAIN JAMES.
Speaker 34: L grant a l, is His, First name and grant i'm sure You. How to spell Grant And It's, Called Grandpa's.
Speaker 1: Little, Girl grandpa's little Girl, Elle.
Speaker 34: Battle round, grant yeah Beautiful song make lyrics and you tried playing. That with your granddaughter make and SEE see if you i guarantee you get emotional mate and you know a, smile on your face.
Speaker 1: Mate, and your heart james. Have a great weekend good. To talk to You thank You, were julian and amadan they're Nice, and early. At.
Speaker 15: Julian good morning early Recall My, days at norman brothers Who Store further up elizabeth street that was having a twenty year closing different sale or More. Called the fair way? DO you, remember, it i do yes how many years.
Speaker 18: And?
Speaker 15: Finally did closed down was right on the bread corner with the black paint? That you remember.
Speaker 1: It that is fantastic they had a twenty. YEAR closing down sale.
Speaker 36: I Don't.
Speaker 15: Remember that lauren bercall in a relentant Relation To the lady's corp. Befoe time to Accop. She came to. Melbourne we met Her She did The sweet bird of You. Print store on mattindee we have a very Burly security guard from sydney who said she's. Not signing any autographs we came next night he was having dinner and.
Speaker 1: We got her autograph and you happily, would have.
Speaker 15: Done that no doubt when you. Speak to grumpy columns can you ask him There's one place in australia where we're not about to Visit. Is south of Perth. It's called herd ireland it's the Only. ACTIVE volcano IN australia.
Speaker 1: I will i will Ask. Him about, herd island in fact there.
Speaker 15: Was no BIG special on another jbc in recent weeks or months about it being a prohibited area only occupied by seals and pink large pig woods and you can't Get there without the australian. Permission from the government it's.
Speaker 1: A good little tip hopefully we'll talk to you a bit later on. The, four o'clock hour julian thank you always good having The program Though, At. Rudy and, Jauth australia Good.
Speaker 39: Morning good morning tony look it's short when you're talking, about most admired.
Speaker 1: People that is in the line who jumped?
Speaker 7: In mind for you, well on seventy seven but you're not From A. Lot From middle aids but tom must playpard because done On what with ol?
Speaker 1: Australia, In, what, capacity rudy.
Speaker 7: Oh well he had, introduced the housing trusts you know.
Speaker 8: You call it.
Speaker 1: There i'm familiar with the housing trust done.
Speaker 7: A lot of work he Built. A city and elizabeth.
Speaker 1: He was responsible, for that? Development? Too wasn't he?
Speaker 7: Oh yes he was was that before?
Speaker 1: Holdings, were?
Speaker 7: Up there yes right and he was instrumental wind getting that pair Getting.
Speaker 1: Holding there and elizabeth.
Speaker 7: We're talking. About long time ago it's got.
Speaker 1: To be the what, almost the? Early fifties wouldn't it.
Speaker 18: fIF days and?
Speaker 7: Sixties. Early sixties yep okay and the other one that you're more Familiar With, would, be dick smith.
Speaker 1: Right very much.
Speaker 7: An entrepreneur and what he'd. Done on the job and The other one that cabridge is a Very Smart. Man was.
Speaker 1: Julius sunderman he was remember those fantastic Ads would. Be, flogging cabri chocolate.
Speaker 7: Yeah but it was a very very, smart man he was.
Speaker 1: And We, Loved, Him. Julius sumner miller rudy what a great. Combination you've got there and That story about The Elizabeth area in south Australia for those around australia who, may not be familiar it was a really interesting and. Very hard working. Place people would remember there's some great rock icons that, have grown up there including The Lead singer of cold chisel who grew up in that space In. A place called, elizabeth it was tough sometimes brutally, tough during that time during the sixties and the. Seventies and the eighties but what a place and what an amazing culture to Be People listening in south australia now who have never lived anywhere else but except Very. Close to around elizabeth we'll do this, When We Come. Back steve grumpy collins we'll talk To him about herd ireland and your calls in regards to her favorite and all least favorite. Destinations over The Years And, why steve Grumpy. Collins that's next australia every.
Speaker 7: Night, on the road again.
Speaker 8: Just keep where to get.
Speaker 1: On the, road again, he's mean. He's nasty He's Grumpy He, is steve, grumpy colins grumpy morning, You're.
Speaker 31: Too well, tony.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 31: Very mean very grumpy is never never laughed at. Anybody, in my life no.
Speaker 1: That's not in your, spirit ad, all, yeah, hey yeah good yeah. Good, as gold grums so because we've been asking the question about people that you may have, admired over the years who's someone that you really admire or admired? And, for What reason now clearly i'm going to be at the. Top of your list.
Speaker 31: You, want me to do you, want the second choice give me the give, me.
Speaker 1: YOUR second person.
Speaker 31: Right a person that basically no one. Has ever heard of He's A, guy called ben carlin and he had An Aquatic, jeep called half safe which he saw When.
Speaker 15: He Was in WORLD war two When.
Speaker 31: I was an American one was, a ford aquatic, jeep and he said you could drive one of. Those around the world so after the He Moved. Him to new york he bought two, of them month aparts and he built this car Which He. Called the half safe and bear in mind that you could drive it, across water and that and he literally drove. It, around the world now The First, attempt from new. York he was unsuccessful Gives Us out the atlantic ocean and. He was almost drowning so a tanker pulled him up And took Him, to montreal is going, so he stayed there he did some, adjustments to the car and then he Drove It across the Atlantic Ocean, to the canary islands and from there he Drove, it across to africa And then up through Africa and Across, the mediterranean to gibroad And then up through europe And Then across The English. Channel to great britain stayed there. For wood a while then he drove It back right Across asia To the bay of bengal and across, across the Water, there up through asia Across, the Water, to japan through japan And Then across the north, pacific Where, there's ice to Alaska and then from alaska he Drove. Over land to montreal the most incredible car. Journey, in the world really. Anyone knows about it And You can see half Safe If, you visit guilford grammar Because He was a guildford grammar and he left it to.
Speaker 16: Them at his will is of.
Speaker 1: That a fantastic hit.
Speaker 31: There's A Book called The Other, half OF half safe which i read, many MANY years ago and i think you might be able To Get. It from guilford grammar but you look at this thing and it is basically the size of, a normal sedan car and it was amazing because he had to, carry his own fuel so, he invented these great big sort of leather balloons basically that he towed behind him so, that he could refill and he took. His wife with him his wife got seasick. And they went through they went through a typhoon and a tornado out On The in the atlantic ocean and it bopped on the on the surface of. Water like a cork it didn't think and it was. Just an amazing, adventure what.
Speaker 1: A wonderful wonderful story what, Was His name.
Speaker 31: Again grumby ben CARL AND Cr L.
Speaker 1: I n ben callen i'll do some research and see if.
Speaker 31: We can find, you love your cars you you would be, amazed at this. Story but he does he had a great things, of humor as well and so when, you read the book, it's not only fantastic but. It's also quite funny his observations of people.
Speaker 36: And stuff like that in what decades?
Speaker 31: Was he doing this he started in the nineteen fifties and the journey took him a bit. Of over ten years he didn't do it in one go because he. Used to fund it he would Sort of go to europe and then he put It on display in paris, and places like that And. He went to london he Was in quite in london. For about three years he TRAVELED all over the uk just people would pay to look at it. And sit in it and that was how that's, how he financed everything And he Had the king of belgium was, sitting in at once and he was sitting. In the Passenger seat What the king of belgium didn't know was if, you lifted that seat that was the. Onboard tortet as, WELL so he Said i Had the king of belgium sitting on mic.
Speaker 1: Throne as one does just, before he came on We had Regularly contributed julie and julian's great bloke his story into some degree and loves bits and pieces about things That. Happened all around australia to ask You The, Question, about heard Island Ye.
Speaker 31: It's called herd Island. And the McDonald islands it's, a group of islands and, it's about four thousand just over four thousand Kilometers. South west of perth, it's right, down there it's right it's in The It's, in the southern ocean not All, that's far from antarctica and It's Run. By the antarctic, division and so yes you do have to have special, permission to go there because why, because it's protected alier It's A it's. A world heritage site and he's right that there are only seals and. Penguins that lived there, and By The way when, donald trump introduces tariffs he was Charging those seals and.
Speaker 15: Big wasn't.
Speaker 31: Heard island.
Speaker 1: That's funny that. Is just so funny he was charging them fifty percent. And they do.
Speaker 15: Nothing there were nothing you could have.
Speaker 31: HAD some big guardo i guess that would. HAVE been on that i mun sell that, foot to. Be honest but no but it's got two of it's not the only Two active. Volcanoes in australian territory and one Of Them is called big ben and that's The Highest. Mountain in australian territory it's over nine thousand. Feet Very Bearing him but mount kosiosco is about seven Thousand Something and so big. Ben towers over that and There's Another one Called Mowson peak or morson peak Is part of because mowson, would have. Been there, of course so yeah but they send scientists. There to, study it but. Yeah they're protected.
Speaker 15: Areas that's why.
Speaker 31: You can't go there you've got our. Permission to go.
Speaker 1: There favorite or least favorite destinations because why what touched on new?
Speaker 31: For, YOU about that well i was just thinking about Some of the Places, I'VE been and yeah I love trouble and, i love going places but there are some places. That, THEY disappoint, you now, I mean for ME let's take. THE usa FOR instance i LOVED. I love The. Usa i love chicago that is my FAVORITE, city in the. Usa which is hard was A Hard choice because new york. Is Fabulous as well, BUT chicago surprised me i think because it's. Actually a beautiful city of the, architecture there is wonderful And it's it's unlike erie and it's and they've got beaches right in the, middle of, the city you know right on the, edge OF the city, which I didn't expect and i.
Speaker 40: Just.
Speaker 31: Just loved It Yeah of course new, york is, Just exciting you know will's most exciting City as. Far as i'm concerned but What Disappointed me WAS san francisco because i guess thin part of it. Is The weather there san francisco, is pretty shocking WEATHER or did. When i was there but it. Was the, homelessness there, it's unbelievable the homelessness and, it's very very open and it's basically Anywhere You go in san francisco, there's homeless people everywhere and a lot of them are begging, and stuff like that and some of, them AREN'T too friendly and i just thought it was it was it was really disappointing to see that in one of the actually. The world's richest country really to see that Level. Of homelesness homeage brighton it's right, out ON the streets and i mean if you go to the pier and, all that, Break THERE you know and i just found that Very Very. DISAPPOINTING about, SAN francisco i mean i Loved, the rest, of america but yeah THAT was something, that i don't know it made me feel. Sad for the city to, Be, honest with you well.
Speaker 1: WE'LL get some calls i hope we get some calls about those best and worst or if you like the favorite or the least favorite destination that you've truped. At the computis straight it could be. Any in the world one double. Three six nine three don't leave, Us here by. Ourselves jump on board you've been around something where you, went, and you thought no this. Was a little unwhelming just, going back to you we'll. Get some calls shortly one double three six nine three love. To hear from you the HOST.
Speaker 5: OF.
Speaker 1: The three. A W bricking program ros stevenson last year had the pleasure with. SOME friends and family i think he. Tells the, story openly he Said he goes To Chicago for. The Rolling stones, Concert PASSIONATE stones fanatic so.
Speaker 31: I went there FOR their, exhibition, and I said well if i'm, Going to see this i'm going To, see it in chicago As it was the chicago, blues that influenced them. AND that was brilliant i loved. Every, minute of it yeah but.
Speaker 1: He Made the observation about Chicago Comparing. It to, new york he said it is now so far ahead in, how they do, it how it, looks how it feels each Way Ahead of where. New york ever was it's.
Speaker 31: A very very friendly city and. The PUBLIC transport's, GOOD but i mean i GOT good weather, when i was there and it. IS a beautiful city i wasn't expecting the lovely architecture. AND stuff like that i didn't expect to see beaches there and, people were swimming there and It's just, it's got millennium part which. Is a fabulous part there's all, these art works there and there's this massive fountain which has got projected faces on it. And stuff like that it's a really interesting city. To go and, see and You Know. IT'S the, chicago, river i thought oh it's going to be, like was, absolutely beautiful you know and it's A. TRIBUTARY of the mississippi i, Didn't realize that, either SO it's yeah it's i just Fell. In love with chicago and the hotel's a.
Speaker 15: Hell, of a, TOWN well, the hotel.
Speaker 31: I say that Was there. During the prohibition years and they have a bar there that was just like one of the secret bars they would Have. Had during the prohibition you go in there and you order a drink and you get it in a coffee, cup sort, of it you know so nobody can tell. YOU drink it out i.
Speaker 1: Love Those, great stories. So grubby stay there. We'll take some calls. Very surely join us you, get through straight away. Plenty of lines free one double. Three six Ninety Three Question with steve grumpy collins is simply this favorite and all least favorite destination anywhere around anywhere in the world, that, you've just thought well there was an observation it was. Somehow a little underwhelming where would that? Have been for you one double. Three Six Nine Three I'm Tony max steve grumpy Collins is here. For australia every night.
Speaker 25: So your brother's bound and gag and they've chained.
Speaker 3: Him to a jam won't You please come to?
Speaker 4: Chicago just?
Speaker 8: To sing.
Speaker 5: You know then?
Speaker 3: That's not as freedom how can such? You think be fair won't You? Please come to chicago oh the hell? That we, can bring we answer.
Speaker 1: You'd have gruffy that over the years they would have used that song to promote a destination point for The. Great.
Speaker 31: City, of, chicago wow well yeah well they've got their Son, Many, Songs. About chicago chicago chicago THAT one one said i shouldn't sing it because they've got the. World's worth, singing, voice, but, Yeah, no no no well so. It's a great city there was.
Speaker 1: Very sinata Of you that little chicago song Was A.
Speaker 31: Hit, for graham, Nash yes that's Right and of course chicago the band was used with the Original name was Shared. Chicago trans and authority if you recall they had that they hit.
Speaker 1: Twenty five sixty, four oh yees ye what are song twenty? Five or sixty four now earlier we were talking about great cities around The World and including new york as to why they were so there was a lot of issues around violence and crime In A, city like new york which was well and, Truly documented the time and They Talked About the new york, city's, broken windows Policy which, according to richie says a lot of information through is based on the theory that cracking down on minor offenses during that time helped, prevent more serious crime was credited with contributing to the dramatic drop in crime during the nineties and. Into, the, two thousands yeah yeah which sort of worked, for a little while and. Then it stopped working the zero tolerance because it looked really overly aggressive zero tolerance and stop and disproportionately affecting a. So called minority Communities and, even IN gladwell's book which I Think Was, called the tipping point later walk back his support of. Citing unintended social consequences but it just goes back to one of the topics, we're talking about earlier great cities around the world that you would visit and what that looks like, WHEN you get there i guess is the real challenge for anybody who's doing. ANY visiting, or touring i mean.
Speaker 31: A lot of PEOPLE go to places i dream of going to places and they either did, like it. All disappointed YOU, know with, THE uk. FOR instance i Don't. I didn't like london i've been. THERE about five Times. I don't like london i find it to be, not all that friendly to, Be honest with you and it looks easy to get around and Of Course and see buckingham, palace AND all that and i just there's something. About it to me it's, not ALL that clean and i find the people there, to BE pretty Unfriendly and i just i've Had the worst, meal i've ever had, but Really The yeah The Hotiday. Inn in berkeley square we. Were going to out we Were going to See phantom of the, opera and we thought well we'll have a we'll have a. Meal BEFORE we, go, So i thought well i'll. Have some traditional food i'll have. A steak, kidney Pie. You know it's brittish it must be good because, it was. THE worst so bad i remember years later, it was. Just dodge you know So THERE'S something about. London i don't like, On THE other. HAND edinburgh i Love i just see edinburgh's fantastic because it's it's a really walk full city and it's lots of OTHER towns In the Uk a Bath and chester and york. AND places like that i. Think they are fantastic london doesn't do. IT for me somehow.
Speaker 1: I don't know why there's always been a Lot of romance about london for. A range of reasons public has been so documented for. Certainly, all our lives.
Speaker 31: Yeah Well That's right and bobna REGIS that's. Another place i can't Have You?
Speaker 22: Ever been ton?
Speaker 31: Region where is that it's on the it's on the SOUTH, coast of the uk and it's a holiday destination and it has. A butt one there we were visiting some friends who are living there and we went For A. Drive to boda Regions.
Speaker 12: It's a speech.
Speaker 15: I've Ever been to it's.
Speaker 31: It's stone the same.
Speaker 1: There's ANOTHER place in the Uk. Simply, known As brighton yeah and, i've NEVER been there but i already know, That for whatever reason i'm not. Going, to like, it.
Speaker 31: Well you know there are plenty of seaside, pounds that Are beautiful particularly around cornwall and some of, Certain places Like that. BUT this bogner reasons i can people flock there and. They've GOT a buttland and i walked, into buttlands and honestly it's like it's like a concentration camp where people. Smile all the, time IT'S just. Apful but i Can't we're going to buttland.
Speaker 1: For they it's dreadful. We'll take some calls one double three six nine three, is a telephone number one double three six nine three if you'd. Like to join us it's been Very, very good at chilly so it's to be quite on, the phones this morning so we'll, get some, Calls shortly no doubt one double. Three six nine three the topic is favorite and all least favorite places you've ever visited and why wonderble. Three six nine three, lots of text. Though which IS great one says I, Was born In Elizabeth. Elizabeth in south australia we happened to be talking about that in, the last hour too and how tough that was where they were really making a lot of holdings. Back, In those days correct and it, was a pretty, tough dirty old. Town but it survived AND this text says i only saw it when it WAS a place, where I was born and i was born there and only saw it for the first time, really IN nineteen ninety but i was born there a, long time before that but it was little and never went back there. Until, later in life dan. Good morning to you say hello?
Speaker 7: To?
Speaker 36: Were, grumby team hello dan Oh friend your team mac?
Speaker 15: Go, hello team.
Speaker 1: Mate yeah got you did you want to Say Something? For a grumpy, Collins, NOT at, all, mate i said mate.
Speaker 8: You're a listed son oh that's that's very.
Speaker 1: Very Kind, of you word dan that's going along beautifully consistent with the. Theme, of the program dan everything is everything When.
Speaker 22: He's here in perrumpy and we've had a, couple of.
Speaker 7: Good, combos haven't.
Speaker 1: We yeah we've had lots of. Conversations over the years, We, Have we have mate you did you used to call in on? The by? SWAPPING sels?
Speaker 22: You know i.
Speaker 28: Know.
Speaker 1: GOOD on your dan i think might have been watching the Foot you, Know, What i'm saying Grumpy. Good on your dan keep in. Touch WITH the program just i love. Some of these calls they're just. Hysterical, They they do now so, YOU'VE got your list i would think the great list for Me would be and i'm Keeping it BACK to australia because i want to take some calls.
Speaker 12: On this.
Speaker 1: As WELL of course see i think one of the highlights and, we talk about it but. Probably, does not sufficiently really You're, going to the kimberley's that's going to be a highlight for. Anyone you are.
Speaker 31: Well so that's on MY list of places. I love and Dislike. I love. The kimberleys it's fantastic, it's an amazing place especially the bungle bungles and. The gorges and that but there are, Two places Up There, derby and fitzroy crossing that, are really. Really Shocking. You, know the derby derby it's probably Not, his fault because derby he's got the second highest. Tides in the world they're, about eleven meter tides and of course when, the tide goes out, when it's eleven meters all he's got is. Mud flats around It so. That's not derby's fault, so when the water, when the tides. In it's quite nice but when, the water goes out, the tide goes out it goes out for miles and miles and miles and miles a. Mile And that's it fitzroy crossing, on, the Other Hand. Now the fitzroy crossing two years ago they had a massive flood there and and a lot of the. Town was badly affected but it's it's got a lot of social problems there, and and you know it's it's not a. Nice place to visit i've been there a COUPLE of times and i just think it's. It's, very very sad really it's a sad you go there and you sort of you're, sad to, be there you know because you can tell that there's a, lot of problems there and it's just it's just one of these places where where you could you feel that there's no, hope for the town IF you. Know, WHAT i mean so i mean The rest of the, kimberlys is just fantastic but it's just it's Just So sad that fitzroy crossing is basically, the way it is, and it's you know.
Speaker 1: EVERYTHING can be distressing. I, agree, with it yeah yeah.
Speaker 15: THERE'S ultra, security there I know you.
Speaker 1: Love Darwin For Example so darwin's northern churches obviously had some use, over many many years and they. Manage That, pretty well but david a great, friend of this program said he wasn't going up there to watch the. Races over the weekend then, he, sent a text well, A mom a way i've got to leave pass mother beers put some money into the chill and led me to. Jump on the plane he's just, texted her and said. Got on The plane quickest Flight Melbourne through the. Darwin, i've ever had said. It's, absolutely fantastic here oh this time of.
Speaker 31: Year it is magnificent because it's a dry season up there and it's very warm wether it gets about thirty, but there's no. Humidity so it's fabulous now, my sons up there. You can hear it he'll be able to hear the cars because he lives not all that far. From the, race train but no it's fantastic and this time of year. The sunset's are magnificent but They've got all these The food scene in. Darwin is absolutely brilliant that they grow a lot of tropical drops up there and they get a Lot of them From kanara from. The ord irrigation area so and of course the seafood up there is just brilliant because the waters. Are very very clean but. It's just the atmosphere they've got all these laneway bars, and restaurants and stuff and it's just a tremendous place. To go and visit it is. A Genuinely Beautiful place the harbor. Front is just lovely they've got a lot of restaurants and, the hotels around there and you can swim there because they've. Got the area knitted because the thing that stops you from swimming, up there, isn't sharks it's crocodiles. As you would know but you can swim in a couple, of places up there and some of the places to go, when you're up there it's always worthwhile Taking A Trip, to lichfield national park which is about a ninety minute drive and that's. Famous for its waterfalls it's got great waterfalls where you can just go. And swim, In them but. No darwin is brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's just For, us allison in Adelaide Say Hi to steve grumpy colins that We catch up with. Grumpy Talking, About, TRAVEL hello ellison.
Speaker 28: Hello i just have three little places like, obviously i'm AN sattle places that i like to go to war which you. Probably haven't heard of but it's got.
Speaker 12: A great little, Forest.
Speaker 1: Where is it allison.
Speaker 31: It's You get on.
Speaker 40: Mainorth road and you drive for three.
Speaker 1: Hours and you're there so it's, North, of, the city, yes.
Speaker 40: Yes it is ok and then you dive off And You, go to port jermain which has the longest jetty in the, whatever hemisphere we're In and.
Speaker 1: Then the southern Hemisphere We're. In, The southern hemisphere.
Speaker 31: Actually i've. Got some bad news bustleton has got.
Speaker 15: The, longest peer in.
Speaker 1: YES everybody claims it i, was about to, say the same thing?
Speaker 31: Is it bustled bustled it has actually proven to Be The longest peer but I'LL tell you what I. Love About Hout australia the york peninsula. That is Just beautiful it is.
Speaker 8: SPECTATOR is the fabulous.
Speaker 31: I was a surprise i didn't KNOW about it because i Don't Really advertise THE york peninsula and i think they want to. Keep it To Themselves but the york peninsula has just dropped their beautiful, Many, other places there.
Speaker 1: Ellison did you? Have, One More.
Speaker 36: Spot yes port piri you Kind.
Speaker 26: Of Love, POOR pierry.
Speaker 1: Really no, I haven't been Well, i've been to pierri but. For about three minutes Have? You, Been, To, PIRI yes stephen yes.
Speaker 12: I look for some of My one of.
Speaker 31: MY loveliest places lists.
Speaker 1: I have to say the funny you Got To go to port piri it's almost a Song Gonna go to PORT piero.
Speaker 31: On the t, shirt but, it is, it is it is it is part of the your. Potinsuot.
Speaker 7: And it is.
Speaker 31: Yes i'm Not going to say. Port period is beautiful, that's not my experience. But, your absolutely outstanding yes.
Speaker 1: So they we'll come back. More of your. Calls the Other side it, Is Australia Over. Night steve grumby. Collins we're talking travel great to have your company wherever You. Are right around australia we Were. Just talking about darwen and guess who's Listening up there in Darwen is the aforementioned david having. Just, put wheels down david thank. You for joining us.
Speaker 16: Good, morning to you Both. Especially, To mister grumpy yes i'm going tomorrow out. There to the racetrack it's only about Fifteen minutes. From where i'm staying current. Temperature is twenty, one it's?
Speaker 31: Too? Cold isn't it?
Speaker 15: Yeah way too cold.
Speaker 8: Is this Your?
Speaker 31: First? Trip, TO darwin oh no?
Speaker 16: I was, born, HERE oh right okay i was born here back, in nineteen sixty one right there Over There At. The Fanny Bay, Hospital, oh.
Speaker 31: Fanny bay yeah isn't isn't that the Best. Suburb name, in australia.
Speaker 15: Brilliant name.
Speaker 16: But it is lovely.
Speaker 31: You've got To go To Pee, wee's at fanny bay probably probably The best restaurant in darwin and it's just beautiful.
Speaker 36: To.
Speaker 31: That's just wonderful year i'm just going.
Speaker 1: To write that down you've Got to Go To. Peewee's at, Fenny Bay. That's amazing david ip we're thrilled that you've. Got the leave pass.
Speaker 16: Oh it just came, out, Of, the, Blue brother okay. Yes i'll take that we're.
Speaker 1: Gone wonderful and. No trouble getting accommodation you got friends and the. People, Of their presuming.
Speaker 16: Yeah i've got friends and down some staying with them and they're, Coming with Us. Tomorrow saturday and sunday so he's organized all the tickets in the. Real possibly bit beautiful.
Speaker 1: So when for people that only have a mild interest in the racing up, there over the weekend what are? They look, at for.
Speaker 16: Of course there's some trans am porsches basically all. That sort of stuff most, of the sorry guys most of the supercars are All decked out into aboriginal traditional, art, side.
Speaker 31: A tiger bread. BREAD and drive today i think with all the cars driving. Up, to, the, circuit yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, That's.
Speaker 16: Right that's right grumpy? What else is?
Speaker 12: There.
Speaker 16: That's about it guys.
Speaker 1: It's a big it's a big event for that. Part, of the world david enjoy you stay up there and have a whole lot. Of fun and enjoyed we'll talk. To, You, next week now grumpy a great email has come, in AND he says and i quote this is Let's just call him tony because That's. His name from, Rosebud, And he said tony i've Just heard Your caller grumpy denigrating london and a recent two week trip confirms that because it. Was a rumby city this is just the observation between the two, of you rude people which. Spoilt Some wonderful attractions this grumpy then Went on praise to edinburgh And our week in edinburgh was truly. Superb in every respect wonderful Place to Visit In. Australia, is calgooley boulder.
Speaker 31: Yes, it's, very interesting yeah.
Speaker 1: Vibrant hard working town full of Good, down to, worth australians interesting history the, pubs to die for well, priced to good food and a chance to. Talk to the locals so your observations certainly attorney's observation consistent with.
Speaker 31: What, You were saying well i'm pleased THAT we agree because I just play on LONDON very disappointing because i don't think they upkeep the, city all that well and the people do our rude and it's.
Speaker 29: Very.
Speaker 31: Very expensive there.
Speaker 1: Well Another One. SAYS from san francisco I Grew. UP in san francisco i went there. For a reunion recently not a single person who. Appears to be, homeless there are plenty but they tend to hang out in traditional too response otherwise because that's where the panhandling pages. Are the best results so It's, not a bad yeah it's.
Speaker 41: Not.
Speaker 31: About it's correct yeah why would you hang around the super?
Speaker 36: Do, anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah went to some ignacious high. School twenty five seconds if people to look, up what you're, doing they. Find, You We're Grumpy.
Speaker 31: Oh steve collins traveler.
Speaker 10: IS.
Speaker 31: My YouTube channel yep i'll just Put, up ONE about LightScape which i, went to last week which Is Of. Course at kings park absolutely wonderful attraction if You're.
Speaker 25: In It is it.
Speaker 1: IS july twenty seven i highly recommend if you EVER, get to w a you've got to Go, and Do, Kings. Perk kings, Perk kingspark right. Now little sounds beautiful it's always good. To talk to you grumpy will, Do, IT Next Week Okay tarti steve grumpy collins have A Look at at steve collins traveler. On the YouTube channel had a lengthy conversation Yes With. The Great russell morris russell morris who gets, underway With His, Tour THE farewell, tour and i Said what, don't, that he said no it's. Going to be fantastic he will be a guest on the program as. Early As Next week.
Speaker 25: Is australia overnight with tiny McManus.
Speaker 1: Figure coming Up. And Going to california venie shorley find out What's Happening there with rod smith brings us up to date with some curious but fun Stories Out. OF the united states a little Later on Tonight, And young and jackson i'm catching up with a couple OF friends with whom i went to school and we've Been friends, for if, i'm years lovely times and so we're going down to a place for dinner On. The, morning, to peninsula ah, Beautiful, should be nice yes. Looking FORWARD to that and i just heard the forecast for that. Part of the, WORLD suffice to say i might have to get out the. Long blue, over coat you Know they're going to Chili.
Speaker 10: Just to.
Speaker 1: Meet chili chicken man. Not too far Away we'll go to california because they're, always dreaming over there, And, he'll tell us oh it's beautiful round about twenty two. To twenty, four degrees justin now is everything? Okay in your wilderness there any further further movement in? Your illustrious sporting, career how Are?
Speaker 29: You, t ma.
Speaker 36: Mac no everything's good. I'm Still playing basketball but.
Speaker 1: I've Even, with, an ACL.
Speaker 16: Yes, painful yeah, I.
Speaker 36: Know but yeah i'm hoping to Play next season because i've missed the. Rest Of this season so i'm going. To, play next, Season yeah and yeah i've just got to take it, easy and YOU know see how i see how the doctors, Are what, They say and yeah i'm going to Be flying up to brisbane to catch up with my teammates in about maybe, a, Week, or, so, perhaps Yeah yeah yeah but i've actually got this really hilarious saying from a coffee? Mug says.
Speaker 1: What what and hilarious saying. From a coffee mug there's a segment just There For the program hilarious things you read from a coffee mug that is.
Speaker 36: Just gorgeous, justin so it says if you think aging tends us, into sweet old ladies that would. BE your first mistake.
Speaker 1: I think there's. A bit of truth there is a bit, of truth in that you Know that to spot what have you got. Planned for the weekend.
Speaker 36: I'm actually seeing my mom And? My, grandma. On, Furturday nice lovely yeah, i'm Going fishing. Today.
Speaker 1: Beautiful friday fishing yep.
Speaker 36: I'm Probably Going down to frankston pier, just to YOU know see. What i, can catch and yeah just, trying, to you know relax, recuperate.
Speaker 28: And you know.
Speaker 36: Watch the see, what's on.
Speaker 1: The box watch a bit of foot.
Speaker 18: And have.
Speaker 36: Some, Fun, Oh definitely now yes i've actually got a, question, for your audience.
Speaker 1: Right put it out there and. We'll, See, what happens.
Speaker 36: Okay so if you're your mom and her, partner, have an argument right.
Speaker 1: So your mum and your, not necessarily your father, is what you're.
Speaker 36: Saying but that your, mum, and, no, no, no no no yeah just. Say they're not married just. Say they're not married so your, mom and their partner which, they're not married to you have. At this big argument do you think that they should separate?
Speaker 5: Or?
Speaker 36: Work things out.
Speaker 1: For how long? Have, they been together.
Speaker 36: Well my mum and her partner have been together, for over thirty years so.
Speaker 1: That's a real relationship so and there's, a bit of. Niggle, push and shuts yes yeah's been.
Speaker 36: Quite a few times i've actually. Had to get INVOLVED oh and so.
Speaker 1: I hope there's no genuine. Violence, in, any, event, no, no no no no.
Speaker 36: No physical violence though, it's just you know yelling and screaming and just noticing. People what to do their?
Speaker 1: Alcohol, or drugs involved no, definitely not no. Alcohol no drugs involved but it's irritating and there's a bit of. Yelling, and Screaming match.
Speaker 36: Yes so i'm going to. Put it out there do you think that they should separate? Or work things out what does your? Mom say to you, she's working things out but it's her partner. That's.
Speaker 29: The main issue.
Speaker 1: Fascinating we'll ask the audience justin you look after yourself and. We'll Talk next week ardie karadi you.
Speaker 29: Got some, Petrol prices good Morning, Tony AND action.
Speaker 35: Jashon yes i do i'll Start, off with raven Hall WHICH is opposite burnside bp one fifty nine, godagonally across the road which is virtually the same area At the park with energy.
Speaker 29: One, fifty three three yeah One fifty.
Speaker 35: Four in united the Park Corner, station And burrough road so united up the road which is closed now, is one fifty seven SO One fifty nine bp braybook further Up the road at, metro one fifty seven One Fifty, Seven At LIBERTY Maidstone burrough road dp footscraen. Near the police station, he's won sixty two so is A am pole in. Yarrab, one sixty two however If you Go to west sorry, yarrab all seven eleven it's one fifty two. And one fifty fourth west was great probably about one seventy fourth metro at the stage of WEIAMSDOWN And one Fifty Ninehl newport also shell tottenham, about one sixty nine so.
Speaker 1: It sort of varies from that one fifty, five fifty six too were right up to, nearly what'd you say nearly one hundred.
Speaker 29: And seventy that's right one sixty nine to one sixty two varies between one fifty one.
Speaker 15: And, one fifty three there.
Speaker 1: Well wet to see, based on that centiment there were yet to see any major upward swings given What's Happening.
Speaker 35: In, the middle, east yeah well look unfortunately they were probably going to use, that as an excuse but we don't get.
Speaker 7: The oil from.
Speaker 35: There as you know there's also one Fifty nine at, brave brook Seven Eleven, Which, is ashley street bravebrook around The. Corner from the, liberty you're, actually.
Speaker 1: Okay well done. Thank you for that what are you? Plan for the weekend are they.
Speaker 35: Just leave, the usual you know get on with it and have a few games with chests and battle all out and fanatic on tests.
Speaker 1: Till a few games do you have a beverage when you're having the?
Speaker 29: Chair and drink alcohol so, my beverage is water so you, just have.
Speaker 1: Just water no capucine no cup of. Coffee and nothing.
Speaker 35: Interesting well a cup, Of coffee always yeah.
Speaker 15: Well three weeks when?
Speaker 1: You're playing helps you?
Speaker 34: What helps me win?
Speaker 1: It, helps you win.
Speaker 35: Yeah a cup of coffee? THAT does for real i mean one guy that can beat.
Speaker 7: Me like poured, him at the.
Speaker 35: Moment WE'RE pretty even then i have. A cup of.
Speaker 15: Coffee, i beat, HIM well, that's good.
Speaker 1: I thought helps.
Speaker 42: Me we.
Speaker 29: Win WIN sorry with w i n.
Speaker 27: It's.
Speaker 1: Made me we addie, you look after yourself have a great week. And we'll talk.
Speaker 35: Soon same to you and.
Speaker 1: Just because it's a friday and you, know you want to why don't you just say Good. Morning to The.
Speaker 8: Chuck good morning chuck.
Speaker 41: Now another exciting episode and the of the most fantastic crime fighter The world. Has ever nolla everywhere.
Speaker 15: The time is.
Speaker 41: Nine twenty five am the place The Office of The Police. Commissioner, of midland city.
Speaker 1: Well good. Morning, was helping, Her.
Speaker 12: Oh good morning commissioner anything?
Speaker 3: For, me this morning.
Speaker 42: Yes several items here one the mayor of the city has been hospitalized.
Speaker 1: With.
Speaker 42: A broken mouth two two the Nine thirteen jet for Acapulco Has. Landed on FINSTON boulevard for the lootwaffa has apparently struck. Our only major industry and five and five there are one hundred and twenty two camp by our girls. Waiting in your office.
Speaker 41: Well one might very well ask just exactly what?
Speaker 25: Is going on here just exactly what is going on.
Speaker 1: Here miss helping her it all began.
Speaker 41: At nine thirteen am while winging His Way across, the midland city skies the winged warre encounters the nine Thirteen. Jet bound for acapulco nine thirteen ten Teen Jet lands on fingston. Boulevard for minor. Repairs nine thirteen twenty the wanged warrior decides that he must. Be left wearing. Nothing nine thirteen forty the wanned warrior. Makes an important discovery.
Speaker 43: There is a sun kissed pond directly below whose gentle waters will.
Speaker 7: Receive my plummeting.
Speaker 41: Body Nine thirteen Fifty The mayor of midland city cuts the ribbon at The Grand opening of midland. City's first, large industry and.
Speaker 43: So my Fellow Citizens this great midland, city potato chipped backery employing more, than thirty seven persons we'll give, to our cities. Jobless, long needed work oh it is as if the heavens had bob opened. Wide showering our.
Speaker 41: City Nine fourteen forty the mayor is rushed By Ambulance To.
Speaker 1: The midland city.
Speaker 41: Hospitals nine Fourteen fifty the waned warrior satisfied that his only injuries are a sprained, ankle and nervous tension quickly covers his body in a cellophane wrapper made from empty potato chip bags and hopples his, way into the word joining The crushed potato Chip factory nine, Fifteen troop forty nine Back Thirteen Of the midland city campfire girls get the shock of their, life and that's it except for an announcement, later in the Morning issued by the governor from his Mansion.
Speaker 43: IN the State Capitol i declare midland city to be under a. State of martial LAW therefore are reports.
Speaker 41: Wha what an exceedingly strange series of events that Have Well.
Speaker 1: My crippled midland city, if not our hero.
Speaker 41: Be listening again for another exciting episode in the life of the most fantastic crime fighter the.
Speaker 1: World HAS ever known And, I am, Sicken man California jurymen It's next rod smith us report tool part of a strugger. Evernot oh no day lots of thanks coming in inquiring about the aforementioned four hundred and Fifty thousand dollars that justin was donating to the program. For our philanthropic pursuits if for the temporarily been on hold the bank not the position to release, it just as yet but thank you for all those people that. Have been texting through. Look who it is it is The One. And Only, rod, Smith.
Speaker 23: Morning roddee gooday tony it is, a mild morning here a. Mile day coming up, wouldn't go too far but look the temperature is still pretty good twenty two at the moment and cloudy going for a, top of twenty six.
Speaker 1: So, that should be okay a. Bit of cloud around and what have you got? Planned for the weekend.
Speaker 33: Going to?
Speaker 23: Another motorcycle club, meet it's, really good you know some of. THE local bike clubs i go there to really kind of, Sell, some wares there tony Because over the years, i've Collected Many jackets. Especially harley davison? STUFF do, you ride.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 23: BUT no longer not i wouldn't do that here because too many people are on. Their little, mobile, phone.
Speaker 1: Of course really what you mean drivers? Are on, their, phones.
Speaker 23: Well yes yes where they just get totally, distracted, and they go.
Speaker 31: Gee what was that?
Speaker 1: Somebody? Riding a, bike, yeah well yeah?
Speaker 23: Motorcycle not A bike?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: What? I?
Speaker 1: Say motorbike yeah sorry.
Speaker 40: What Is?
Speaker 23: Your favorite harley davison you Would say that Look.
Speaker 1: I'm not sufficiently i'm not, sufficiently familiar. WITH them, BE honest i mean i love the idea, of RIDING a cycle but i think you get to. A certain age wingo i think that that may have passed the option.
Speaker 10: Of.
Speaker 1: ME participating occasionally go i love to be, jumping ON you know, a bmw for example and just doing it one of those cruise you sort of looks where you're just cruise very silently and just have a whole lot. Of FUN doing That but I think i'm probably i'm not going.
Speaker 23: To, do it now well the motorcyclists today are looking for, a brand new One a brand new indian. Chieftain, limousine on wheels.
Speaker 1: Yeah That or, Really, an indian chieftain. Yes Very nice bike pricey.
Speaker 23: Are you probably looking about, twenty five You Know but that's american so in australia'd be probably bead.
Speaker 1: Forty. Plus forty plus wow? Are, they made locally.
Speaker 23: Yeah Well, A, lot of indians yeah Because they started making indians two years Before They. Started making. Harley davison they did there, was.
Speaker 1: A great film Wasn't There. About? The indian bike.
Speaker 12: Yeah that was With.
Speaker 23: THE wonderful actor tony.
Speaker 31: I.
Speaker 1: Can see his face was a Fantastic film. About the. Indian bike it'll come. Somebody let us know, IF we can't remember.
Speaker 7: I just thought.
Speaker 1: I'd let you hang, Thanks so very much but. Somebody let us know tell us about anti Tourism Growing. In the united states? So whow why, where and we well not Just.
Speaker 23: Here, in the united states It's. Also growing in, europe and you.
Speaker 31: Know visitors going to europe could be a little bit more.
Speaker 23: Sensitive with the authorities well because the authorities at the moment they're seeking sustainable solutions For Residents and tour but stingham. Is no really answer After coordinated protests, across europe last weekended it's really easy for all, tourists to feel Uncertain, and across Southern, Europe particularly In, spain italy, and portugal you know there are headlines blaming visitors for everything from overcrowding to, housing shortages in neighborhoods slogans such. As tourists go home we're appearing, on walls and windows very angry residents making all those headlines and squirting. Tourists with water pistols so the protesters are just calling for a total ovalall of. A model of Tourism Tourism in the united states has plummeted directly due to the political Tensions with Tariffs. And canadians boycotting america Sixty two percent of canadians WINNING coming to the us. And, they're traveling elsewhere well that's going to be.
Speaker 1: A costly, little exercise oh yes We're.
Speaker 23: NOT just the canadians i think the Tourism Here in The united.
Speaker 1: That's what i'm saying so the mere fact that people have, gone off the boil and you can only in the current climate suspect. That that may escalate that's going to be very costly to a lot of small business. That, rely on visitors well.
Speaker 23: Not just small businesses you've Got To, Look at universal studios you've Got, to look at disneyland, to all those ones they're going to cop.
Speaker 1: It Well and truly. Now paul's calling in he's got Information on. The aforementioned indian motorbikes what do? You, Got, for us paul hello and thank. You for, Ringing. Through.
Speaker 17: That's Okay tony yeah the marie of tolp has Called the world's fastest indian and a true story about A man Called But. Monroe and new zealand who took That Bike twenty seven Harley indian.
Speaker 1: Across to.
Speaker 17: Utah on, the Flats Out There there's Salt. Lake flats at.
Speaker 1: Bonnoville that's the one jeer, Was A, good Movie.
Speaker 17: Anthony hopkins je hopkins, That's Who, It Was, Anthony Hopkins.
Speaker 1: Tony hopkins anthony hopkins and? How good was that you seem very familiar with The, bikes themselves pull.
Speaker 17: No, not at all actually it's just one. OF my favorite movies i think it's brilliantly made and just. Such A quaint character and i love the way it's a true, story on you.
Speaker 14: Know a little bit.
Speaker 17: A little bit fictionalized but he takes That back to the states to win a race and he's just helped Along the way by americans who were amused by this quaint old man with and they patched his bike up.
Speaker 1: And he.
Speaker 17: Actually wins thank You.
Speaker 1: That was the for those that, haven't seen the movie we can. Tell you he wins but it really. IS a good film, I. Agree with you paul that's lovely of. You to call through thank you for. Being part, of it that's fine. Thank you very, much and you mate see. Everybody in the audience i've, Got, to tell you rod you always get, people who are special who shine a light where a light was DESPERATELY needed to be showne.
Speaker 15: Just know, That, little bit extra yeah a little BIT.
Speaker 1: Because you and I couldn't, think of hopkins name, which is. A disgrace absolute Desist.
Speaker 15: I called him Tony Was, calling Him.
Speaker 23: Tony, hopkins not anthony.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got. We, got the gist now someone buys a ticket, A universal theme park spielberg gets how much?
Speaker 36: Two?
Speaker 23: Dollars thirty eight wow now this is this, is. Inpetuity there turning didn't spielberg has directed some of the iconic, films In cinematic History from Jaws To et To Jurassic. Park, and shindles's list now his creative output has, shaped generations of moviegoers and movie royalties are not just the only source Of, income for mister, spielberg and in fact one of his most lucrative revenue streams comes from. Something, you'd never guess now, For nearly forty years spielberg has been quietly earning tens.
Speaker 7: Of millions of dollars now.
Speaker 23: That's today forty million it doesn't have to, Lift, A finger there tony and That Is From the universal theme parks thanks to a consulting agreement that is Virtually, unheard of in hollywood and the deal was closely a secret until. Two, thousand and nine now in The late eighties time Warner wanted To, poach spielberg from universal But at the time universal, didn't have the, money, and they said gee what are? We going to do so they, have doubted that's right and it was called a consulting. Agreement for that solution now he was offered that consulting agreement content tact where he would receive two percent of gross park admissions and. A, Cut of concessions now spielberg made the, contract go even further so if there's a Change Of, ownership of universal studios he. Still, gets his money yes.
Speaker 1: That's what. A business great deal it reminds me Of the Deal that harry and miller tried to do years ago for a very. Well known television chef and this is going, back sixties and seventies AND the deal was i think the deal would have. Been done the sixties and he said to this new company that we're producing A. Thing called glad rap you'll get you'll get a one, center role in, perpetuity and the Chef the, aforementioned chef cook said nobody's going to buy that. One center, Role, forever.
Speaker 23: Imagine that toney how much money you would have made for sitting.
Speaker 1: Back and doing fa we'll do this. WHEN we come back a new Thriller About. The ne uremberg trials marijuana. USE going up dramatically i wonder why That's Happening. In the united states thank you for all. Those People, ringing through Anthony Hopkins the fastest, indian fred much appreciated one of. The many coming through if, you're sending a text you do that zero four double seven six nine, three, six, nine three. Yes yeah you know We Catch up with Rod smith. On a friday Morning All Part Of, oh love that Tune All. Part of australia overnight rod these days is based well And Truly in The, united states of america In a Place Called Well.
Speaker 23: In san diego county living In A place called karl's dad.
Speaker 1: And loving, It and loving. It, jerry loving it.
Speaker 29: Wow.
Speaker 23: It's just pretty good what?
Speaker 1: Problem to the mood just remind me what? Problem to the mood to go and reside in a beautiful.
Speaker 23: PART of the world i came over to help Some, Media people, in malibu australian, company and they.
Speaker 1: Said we love you you can stay and you've. Been there, ever, Since.
Speaker 6: Come, on, Over come on.
Speaker 1: Over come on over the new thriller tell us About This. About the nuremberg trials.
Speaker 8: Have you had?
Speaker 1: A look at, it.
Speaker 15: Not As yet but Russell.
Speaker 23: Crowe's new thriller nuremberg the upcoming film tells the true story of the Trials conducted by the allied powers To prosecute the Defeated nazi Leadership In Germany. After world War two now the Pig centers, Around An american psychiatrist Douglas Belli, played by ramy malik who was Tasked by determining whether nazi prisoners are. Fit to stand trial now he finds himself in a complex Battle Of wit with Irman Goring, played by Russell crowe And forget goring was. Hitler's right hand man nuremberg Will be Released the attorney, On november the seventh but there's a lot of trailers coming out, and stuff.
Speaker 33: Like that so it.
Speaker 23: Should be pretty good it's released on the just before the eightieth. Anniversary of the trial how, This movie Will help i'm sure russell with his.
Speaker 1: Bit, of a slant well because he went through one when we. Went through a divorce he had this, amazing beautiful, watch collection you remember and the majority of which. He, had to flog.
Speaker 23: Well you know some things.
Speaker 15: You got to flog he was.
Speaker 23: Get rid of them it.
Speaker 1: Was pity because he fell in, love with beautiful, watches as you do and so he would after, he finished a project he would go and find another one and he'd order. That and buy that and so he had this incredib watch based on each film, that he had done and so lots of memories and then oxygen you can just the mere fact that they were so intrinsically linked to his work and they were his made them interte more valuable than they probably. Were As a collection and.
Speaker 23: Russele's, a nice fella yeah, if you've met him he's, just down to earth one of the, nicest guys you'd meet.
Speaker 1: Apart from the fact that he has a. Really, weird rugby team marijuana speaking of which Marijuana uses a dramatic so it's the really increase of a risk of dying with heart attacks a stroke because of the increased usage in that.
Speaker 23: Part of the, world well it is but it's one of the largest studies found using marijuana doubles the risk of. Dying from heart disease from this new medical data that was pulled together involving over two hundred million people between the ages of. Nineteen and fifty nine and one thing that was particularly striking was there were patients hospitalized. For certain these disorders they were saying.
Speaker 15: That we're young and.
Speaker 23: Were not tobacco smokers cardiovascular disease is the top cause OF death in the, us and also globally and the Studies, Were, Conducted, In, Australia, egypt canada SWEDEN. France and the us and there are many ways of inhaling cannabis that have, risks to the user and we shouldn't forget about the secondhand smoke risks there tony that. Are similar to tobacco and researchers have said that the notion of smoking cannabis is less. Harmful because it's natural. Now, that's totally.
Speaker 1: Wrong yeah it's. Wrong, it's bult, is yeah you're right we're going to, run OUT of time but i don't want it because there's a couple of things you've got here great on, this, day on music thinking do we start. In nineteen seventy one? Do we move to do we go back? TO nineteen sixty four? I hope we do. Or, nineteen eighty seven hey.
Speaker 23: We can just go straight to sixty Four if you Want, tony in the.
Speaker 1: Yeah set, this, Up, for us down yeah set. This, up for us.
Speaker 23: Okay nineteen sixty, Four On this day Eric burden and the animals went to NUMBER, One, in THE, us canada the uk but only Reached. Number two in Australia here it Is House. Of the rising, sun what, A, Song.
Speaker 4: E, HOUSE.
Speaker 3: Dick Thank god i do i'll go.
Speaker 4: My, sh my dad modang my PA's. A game back.
Speaker 3: Down. I'm gonna hit you, i'll.
Speaker 28: Do you.
Speaker 4: Again say show.
Speaker 1: Up one of the things we might. Touch on is bollards Mid story in the age, this morning about bollards or the, lack of very strong solid bollards to stop people getting into really odd. Places inside shopping centers. Well look at that plenty of time. Viewer calls as well if you'd, Like To join me I'm Tony McManus for australia overnight one double. Three Six.' nine three.
Speaker 25: Thanks Gabe Now this Is australia. Open eyed With tony. McManus it is australia.
Speaker 1: Overnight thank you For THAT we're At five double a and adelaide Three. Aw right, here in melbourne of course the good People. At six pr in perth they stayed with us. For another hour or so it's good. To have you on board you can come. And join in, the conversation anything, You've seen anything you've, heard it is. Open line it's talked back you, might, want to just say hi what are you? Got plan for the weekend one OF the little questions that I wrote it down and i thought it. Was a cracking little question. You might want to participate you. May not want to. That that's fine as well what's something you believed earlier in your career? But think about differently now? Isn't that a great question was? Send, him by a listener actually what's something you, believed earlier in your, career in your, early life if you like? But think? About differently now cracking question isn't it something you believed earlier in your career but? You now think about differently here we. Are in, Twenty twenty five if anything i'd. Love to hear about it one. Double three six nine three we'll get to the, text in just a moment lots of them seven eighty one. Will come to you shortly the. Same thing occurred to Me we saw that story wednesday night and it was covered pretty extensively here On three aw yesterday the northland just shocking incident with a full drive between the land. Cruise are going through there we should point out a police have charged the alleged driver, of that stolen land cruise A Twenty seven, year old east. Melbourne MAN seven veying offenses so i put. That at the front end, but What occurred to me and i'm sure, it occurred to you too is in The paper today in the, age talks about the bollards the insufficient bollards. To keep the center safe, according to a security Expert Experts and workers at melbourne's northland, have certainly raised it rightly so serious concerns over the security failures of the shopping center after a four wheel drive smashed through bollards and Sped. Through the building. On wednesday, the same thing you know in, The back, of, my mind i'm thinking? Wow how can that happen how do you get a? Car in through the center?
Speaker 14: How do?
Speaker 1: You get it let alone. A. VERY quite large issue now i don't, have THE answer to that but i must confess it did surprise me that it could possibly happen. In this DAY and age the reason i sort of suspected that because there was Another time back in the apex days where we put on a motor show At. A shopping center in ballarat Brand new shopping Center in ballarat goes back i'm thinking early, part of the nineties now and it was a fundraiser and it was. Very successful in the end the point of that story is it took an enormous amount of work to actually get the vehicles into that, particular part of the center in that we had to have the. Front of the building removed it was really quite a challenge to get the cars into place for the two, or three day car display and so it was really. INTRIGUING when, we saw this i said then you get through those ballards. And you just crashed. Through, it's really quite amazing anyway you might, Have some thoughts on that come and join me one Double three six'. Nine three dulie and Good morning.
Speaker 15: Good on the question i've been asking going to. Ask you for a. Long time when you're On radio you might remember and i'm told that you covered the story was the biggest story for which attractive international attraction right around The world to the town of exmouth of the day that the sun covered the moon. And the tope of, the clips.
Speaker 36: It was a?
Speaker 15: Big big story did you.
Speaker 1: Cover it WAS a massive, story and no i wasn't, there but My Friends and colleague people like steve mills and. Others coveted Back in those Days.
Speaker 15: Now also, Exmouth has an?
Speaker 1: AIR force base is, that right i think, they do or they certainly did a lot of. That, Area, HAD bases around there yes.
Speaker 15: Nicole i believe it was a quantious jumbo that. Had to make an emergency Landing it couldn't make it to perth and It couldn't make it to. Ps Is The double air face.
Speaker 1: The peace bace done a lot of, four wheel driving Through that pierce that. Very same pierce, based incredible place.
Speaker 15: OCTOBER twenty fifth nineteen seventy six i was Living on dad's Father At, lang nang on the Bass highway who were told that kipps was coming after lunch and the, those circumstances to look at it there's some idiots and. To look at and went blind it was quite. Amazing to watching on, television now it took the hens the ducks and the geese all Went back into. The pen and burdswood.
Speaker 31: The trees it was.
Speaker 15: QUITE amazing, do YOU remember.
Speaker 1: That i don't but i can i've heard stories about that because it throws. Them, into a sense of, chaos.
Speaker 15: Yes it was quite amazing and also with a terrible Musical Open On That. Night Called The more canterbury tails starry johnny lockwood was a world premiere Of The Original sequel to the first canterbury tails lafter. Six Weeks and it went lost, Mister Bodziak.
Speaker 1: A lot of money johnny lockwood, he was.
Speaker 44: In the number nine Wasn't he it was also an oliver which comes in a few weeks time to sixty five years and In The role of really mister sobrady Undertaker Was Played.
Speaker 15: By, ANOTHER than australian barry humphrey.
Speaker 1: Yes i still wanted TO do that at, school, AND i got to overlooked well i got over, looked for MOST things at school now, that i say, that out loud. But, that, line THAT fabulous line please sir may? I?
Speaker 8: Have some more to more now?
Speaker 15: Could you tell me Another question. When, Is the next Australian eclipse Well.
Speaker 1: I'll get to young and jackson. To have a look At that the next eclipse in australia is scheduled for nineteen twenty eight total Solar eclipse will inclear. Right across australia nineteen twenty eight it's the second in a series Of five total solar eclipses in australia. Twenty three and twenty thirty eight so the next one is now scheduled Write it down twenty. Second OF july twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 15: Now i believe that there are people who go around the world watching just. Nothing but eclipses around the world, they go all around the country. Every country it has an eclipse. Mexico right around. The, whole place, took to film.
Speaker 1: Yeah Oh yeah there's a fascination now i'm getting lots Of messages while You're Talking A navy. Based, At, EXMOUTH submarine communications facility really.
Speaker 15: Now i believe thinking of volcanoes seemed to be some talk Of. A VOLCANOES trending people in Bali now. I believe that the yu Yangs I used to go to geelong grammar and their Teachers Told me that that the yu. Yangs were actually a. Dormant volcano oh is that, right.
Speaker 1: I've never heard That story but the. Masters, A grammar would.
Speaker 15: Have known YES i certainly Did, AND when i Went To warnable i went to Historical society up on flag stuff ill they were saying that there Were, volcanoes on the trails in warnable on the coast, there it. Was a VOLCANY area volcanic area i'm.
Speaker 1: Sure i didn't know That, either Was somebody.
Speaker 15: From the, coole like herald not long ago did an actual interview with someone who's a geologist who could verify that there Was A Coast there along the great ocean road, that was. Volcanic, Many, many years centuries aground.
Speaker 1: Now julian did you, Ever wear because in my mind i've got a Picture Of you. Wearing, A beautiful fletcher jones jacket.
Speaker 15: No I always, wait came.
Speaker 1: From warna a look that's Right, THAT'S why when you mentioned. Warnable i thought maybe you were You Would have, been wearing a Fletcher Jones jacket or maybe. A fletcher jones. Pair OF trousers i heard You.
Speaker 15: Now i did. Wear that jones it were great we were talking earlier in. The morning about the fair way he thought. ABOUT the store that never Closed i thought it was just britt.
Speaker 1: At, the store that never. Closed julian have a great week it's always good to kick off. The four o'clock hour. With you, Thank, you very much markey's installed markie everything happy in, your otherwise miserable world to.
Speaker 21: REMIES but red four will draw.
Speaker 1: I. Think just lost your line there micha will. Come back in just a moment let's go. To and, Good.
Speaker 45: Morning to you, good morning tony. I'm publicizing today please right publicizing i'm one of the Directors On An organization Called the drug advisory council of australia and we are a REGISTERED charity and we, deal, with i guess the health consequence consequences and. Wellness, issues associated with drug Abuse, now on the eleventh of july we are holding an event which IS very relevant for, anybody whose i would say grandparent parent of children staying safe in the digital age and hearing from our cybersecurity experts on staying safe in a dangerous digital world and their tips can protect your kids from cyber. Bullying and safeguard your digital Identity it's on the, eleventh of july twenty twenty five that's. Six point thirty four seven pm It's Going To Be at the beautiful venato Club Level One one nine one bullying road bullying and is eighty five dollars for a three. COURSE dinner and drinks at prices Rsvp is by the, third of july Twenty twenty five and it's on tribooking so w uww DOT. Try booking dot, com slash dcewuk but in fact if you wanted to just go to try booking and look up, staying safe, in a. Digital world, digital world terrific speakers in fact a WOMAN who's. Been on three, R w, before she's well known. Susan McClane and she's victorious cybercop, she's a Specialist In International Police, she's an international police, safety specialists expert in youth Sybabulleting And She's the founder of cyber safety solutions and, Our Very, own in our organization wing tang who is a data security and threats specialist and he raises awareness of THE weaponization of social media with ai. And he advocates against disinformation warfare so it's going to be a fabulous evening and, very useful for any grandparent parent. Just anybody who's concerned with It. So that's the eleventh of july so that's you can go to try booking and look up. Staying safe in the digital world so not only will you get, great fuits and a great location you'll get really two terrific speakers all for.
Speaker 1: The price of one and what do you say about eighty five.
Speaker 45: Per, head for a three course, meal, drinks included. A bar prices yeah.
Speaker 1: Bar prices and. It's a fundraiser it's.
Speaker 45: A fundraiser our organization is always in need of because we have we have. The most incredible group Of experts we have everything from we even have one man who is a former Police commissioner in the state of victoria involved with us who talks. About community police policing and drugs we. Have specialists medical specialists in lungs lungs because you know and he does web and that he has done webinars in the past. If you Want To Look up I'm the drug advisory council of australia on vaping. And the effects, on lung capacity so in essence we're. On about wellness and, drug abuse that.
Speaker 1: Event coming up but on what? Day of the week IS? It and who is. The, Mc.
Speaker 45: I'm not sure yet okay i'm REALLY not. Sure about. WHO the mc is i'm sorry. I can't tell you that one.
Speaker 1: So, IF you've got somebody. LINED up.
Speaker 28: I think we.
Speaker 45: DID i sort of didn't listen I was at. The meeting and i didn't. LISTEN that's the one. Important, thing i did not.
Speaker 1: Listen well that's the typical thing is that nobody GIVES, any credit whatsoever to the mc just. Completely, always CREDIT in.
Speaker 45: THE world say but i can't i can't thank.
Speaker 19: YOU for the life of me i.
Speaker 45: CAN'T tell you who was named i, know THERE was a person NAMED but i sort of lost I lost track of EVERYTHING because i was trying.
Speaker 1: TO i was going. To things i had to do if you get really, desperate and come back to me what? Day of the week?
Speaker 45: Is it that's What. Day is The, eleventh of july, eleventh.
Speaker 1: Of July checking the phones eleventh of July. Twenty Twenty. Five, is a friday Oh, Friday anyway it is. A FRIDAY so that could work and i, wish you. Were with that event no doubt we'll, talk about it before. Then again, Just, to remind people next week.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 27: You always.
Speaker 45: Need bums on sex you.
Speaker 1: Do, that's what it's all. About Man you've sold it perfect go. Thank you for the. Keeping touch that sounded a cue that big Event coming up the eleventh. Of july will highlight that. Again we've got to, do this break lots of texts. Plenty of time for, your calls, jump on board. One double three six And three? Did we sort out mark's phone maybe we Could send him a new For maybe we Could send him karen's phone because. Karen's phone also works so beautifully we'll do this when we come back your calls one Double three six. Nine three for australia every night you know when someone comes into a studio two and they turn On The lights. LIKE an old liberal party campaign i think it was, turn, on the lights the hammer, GUMMAN turn. On the lights anyway i digress the, lights are Now Full of blaze Which means Gabriel hodson from, our australia, every night to newsroom. Good morning. Has entered the building.
Speaker 11: Good morning i'm afraid all those slogans. Were a bit before my time.
Speaker 1: Probably just turned on the lights so, you have TURNED on the LIGHTS and so i feel like i need to wear shades working in.
Speaker 11: THE dark makes me feel sleepy.
Speaker 1: I wear my sunglasses at? Night, Have You heard that?
Speaker 11: Song yes corey heart. Was it It Was, well done The, other corey Hart.
Speaker 1: The other corey the new corey has.
Speaker 25: That's, the old two of them yeah.
Speaker 1: Am sunglasses and look at that look at he's just glazed over. The other side. Of the glass You see That, there's no idea young and jackson you're fight very.
Speaker 11: Was, He doing In? Nineteen, eighty four young and jackson yes.
Speaker 1: He was just A little little sparkle in the i don't think His.
Speaker 11: Parents were even a smart yeah.
Speaker 1: Probably not the world's tallest Building, well it's Not. The world no been in dubai that's.
Speaker 11: EIGHT hundred and twenty eight meters.
Speaker 1: I this is.
Speaker 11: What you said it Wasn't That the subject of a Mission Impossible movie may have been tom cruise was, climbing the, world's tallest building possible falling out but living and surviving And As you do When You're. Tom cruise in a mission impossi he really.
Speaker 1: Really does all his own stunts they say. He, Does all his own stunts really i'm sure he probably. Does a fair bit of it.
Speaker 11: He, do, A Few of them yeah yeah buster. Keaton and those silent movie stars.
Speaker 1: They all areight in, those days.
Speaker 11: Those stunts were insane climbing on, the wings of aeroplanes and. Stuff but they did it themselves it was just. YOU'VE got to watch this, stuff i know it's. Silent movies, but it's it's great you know they shall package it all. Together and put it on television what do You Reckon?
Speaker 1: Tallest, building on the gold Coast.
Speaker 11: Okay we're talking the. Tallest ossie tower four hundred Meters so this Is Proposed. For southport on the gold coast it's Going To Be. Right near the southport bowls club how do you think they'll feel having a? Four, hundred meter thing next.
Speaker 1: Door well it would might give them, some late. Afternoon, shade.
Speaker 11: Or shade. I'd Say anyway it's been proposed a melbourne consortium. Has come up with the idea they've, got sort of the you know the general sort of early approval from the men and a couple of the counselors. In that part of the world but it'll. Be one hundred and one stories one hundred and one stories.
Speaker 1: And we've Got. Anything taller than that in melbourne.
Speaker 11: There's one THERE'S a building Called australia one o eight right. Collins, three hundred, and eighteen Meters.
Speaker 21: No, hang On.
Speaker 11: Is, THAT sydney no that's sydney sorry. I.
Speaker 1: Tell we're going along. Beautifully yeah there.
Speaker 11: Is a building there's a bit of confusion Here. Because there's a building in.
Speaker 1: Yeah some.
Speaker 11: Of them are measured By stories so the building in australia with the most stories, and that will fit, that bill but also the height.
Speaker 1: Which could be a.
Speaker 11: Different story if, that MAKES sense i've. Lost you, avn i completely completely but look, if you get a really good fat skyscraper, and stuff a massive you know, antenna up the top or something of course it's. Going, To be the tallest building yes and They fought about.
Speaker 1: That in w a, over a couple of buildings Too but it was obviously the ultimately it was some areas or some antannas on top of.
Speaker 11: That, gave it the little nudge yeah but, this one four hundred. Meters exactly that's what they're proposed, it'll be the way twin. Towers partly residential and partly offices i'd say it's got a little walkway up about, a quarter of the Way.
Speaker 1: Up, like the one in malaysia Yeah.
Speaker 11: And There's a.
Speaker 7: Few in.
Speaker 15: Japan like.
Speaker 1: Florious building it is.
Speaker 11: It's, stunning, i've, seen drone footage. Yeah yeah, Yeah it sure, Is but look i'll be honest i've seen A few of these stories and I kind of.
Speaker 1: Believe, it when i see, it yeah when it gets finished or if it. Even, gets, started to be built.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah well. It look good luck to them it's good to dream. Big and, this is very, Big but yeah There you go. AUSTRALIA'S tallest tower.
Speaker 1: I've Been posed. I, Love the eureka building here yeah i'm not too sure that. I'D feel comfortable living in it i know people do and they love it and they talk about it and those big tool buildings around, the WORLD where people do. Live but i just don't know they kind of sway a, little bit in the little bit.
Speaker 11: Which, KIND of freaks me OUT yeah i don't know, if i could live up there, but. The views would be fantastic extraordinary probably have falcons, and eagles.
Speaker 36: On.
Speaker 11: YOUR window legs you know yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a, dear friend and they're probably listening who lived in a top one. In TOWN and it was fantastic but. I didn't have to stay there i could come a way after the. After, having a, bite to eat yeah but no but you Could see you could see, the dandie knogs to the left and you could see right. Across the. Bay to the right it's, phenomenal it's such?
Speaker 11: A different view isn't.
Speaker 1: IT good part of the world i love. To be able to do that what do?
Speaker 28: You?
Speaker 1: Got planned? For, the weekend, sleep you always. Well all right surely something more.
Speaker 11: I'm going to mop.
Speaker 1: The floor sleep. IS highly overrated you know that.
Speaker 11: I do need to catch up i have, a concert one of the kids both both. Kids are in this? Particular concert what's?
Speaker 1: THE nature singing singing.
Speaker 11: And drumming i have. A budding drummer on my hands.
Speaker 1: Has that going in the house When you're trying? To sleep during.
Speaker 11: It's pretty good look she only does. It WHEN she's still, at school. When i say children i'm.
Speaker 1: Talking most most famous female drummer One double Three six, Nine three.
Speaker 11: Chila e princess drummer prince's girlfriend actually.
Speaker 1: One double three six nine. Three put That on the list that's MY there is one more, that i can Instantly Think, of more famous than chila.
Speaker 11: Re who had an Amazing voice that'd be the great karen carbon.
Speaker 1: That would be the. ONE that instantly jumps to mind, I Think. For Most of us karen carpenter.
Speaker 11: The, bengals had A pretty good drummer.
Speaker 1: And the Bangles had a really good drum i'm.
Speaker 11: Trying to think, of her, Name, She was. Very very tall Debbie Debbie.
Speaker 1: Someone It Wasn't. Thinking, debbie boone wasn't debbie boone look.
Speaker 11: There's not that many female drummers.
Speaker 1: But unless you're a female drummer then. There are plenty of female drummers if you're trying to find.
Speaker 11: The Pseudo eco has a female drum she made. The news a few years ago, we'll, get.
Speaker 1: Lots of calls one double three six? NINE three are female drummers.
Speaker 11: ANYMORE i can't think of anymore.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to. Say something, Else, about the.
Speaker 11: Building, the building okay. Well this space watch.
Speaker 1: This space where's it supposed to start.
Speaker 11: Up, there on the gold cast look they haven't sort. Of said that in the article it's. An article from a career Male but it's. A bunch of melbourne, people together.
Speaker 1: Good luck TO them good? Project? Now DID i mention too yes and i was looking at it's. A DIFFERENT version of it today but i Was Looking at the ads in harvey norman for that piece that they do In all the. Papers ON a thursday in? Particular did I not mention it Or Maybe? I mentioned it to jack well i had to? Look at the pages about laptops how many do you think laptops may have been advertised various price points brands Yesterday in the papers from each.
Speaker 11: Norman it is the end of june financial. Year is about to tick over? There would be how? Many, hundred, how, many forty five well. Well okay that's still pretty impressive so.
Speaker 1: Each had forty.
Speaker 7: Five.
Speaker 1: Different versions of a.
Speaker 11: Laptop incredible?
Speaker 1: Surely only need one don't you why do we? Have so many versions of it screen size.
Speaker 11: Depends what, you, Want to do with it portability do you? Want to play games with it do?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 1: Want to? Edit with, It ram that's It? Thank?
Speaker 15: You thank You?
Speaker 1: Action jackson ram how much ram so all that, Sort of thing determines presumably, priced but forty five different.
Speaker 11: Versions that's a lot of, Choice it's a lot of true i'm not quite sure we're to. Start with that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: And then and you walk into those Shops, and you, go where do yeah.
Speaker 11: Exactly exactly have.
Speaker 1: A great weekend. We'll talk to you next week. Marky's installed will come to. YOU the other side of this. I think, We've rectified his phone but yes i'm getting. A Guess In, the Headphone stakes it's australia ravernight nice evy company where everywhere right across his Vast. Land that we love as australia good Morning. To You locally here in victoria john pursudo's political Career Has Been. Saved by the victorian liberal party we've, heard of that in the news agreeing to a loan at one point five five. Million one point five five million the Move means that he can repay moida deeming two point three in legal costs, he owes her and avoid bankruptcy which would have made him ineligible to sit in parliament and then they. Would have had to buy election. It's probably not what they wanted so he's got. That loan and ready.
Speaker 18: To go.
Speaker 1: It's off And running game. On let's go markey store morning you could have. Lent the you could HAVE that you could have lent i was just going to say you could have lent pursuito. The money one point.
Speaker 36: Five, million yeah right him on mate just check.
Speaker 1: And, said he you were, Here, YEAH right there you go john i can help you with that.
Speaker 21: Would have dated at. Twenty, Thirty.
Speaker 1: That would be illegal mark.
Speaker 21: Well you can't cast it all.
Speaker 1: You could just but you could find that sort of money somewhere with your vast. Property holdings, right throughout, the grampions oh yeah right.
Speaker 21: Now let's get. Back on track.
Speaker 1: We're on track. We're on track got a second don't, yell at me doing my heading.
Speaker 21: Talk about it's doing.
Speaker 1: My heading just slow it, down quite your tone of voice lower your voice into the phone, so people can clearly understand you because it my head starts. To beat furiously through my temples.
Speaker 35: You'll.
Speaker 21: Have, two days To relax That no this is.
Speaker 1: I'm not they're not, paying me enough, for this anyway slow it down make. Your point, stylishly and with. Class no yelling just speak anyway you.
Speaker 21: Know that red land cruise going through the shop and.
Speaker 15: SENT yesterday or.
Speaker 7: The day before i, don't know?
Speaker 18: That?
Speaker 1: It, was, red was.
Speaker 21: It yeah yeah yeah it was apparently it was one dirty stolen Or, something seventeen. Stolen, Or ident yeah.
Speaker 1: Been pinned.
Speaker 21: Anyway i'm. Trying to recreate the boys, brothers.
Speaker 1: Someone else, said that too is not that not that we, want to, make light of that but yes.
Speaker 21: That was a classic. Scene though back, In the day?
Speaker 1: What, a movie what, a film oh.
Speaker 21: Still, A cult still a cult Anyway getting, back on the bird man ride he still holds the worlds fastest. Time for that class of motorcycle.
Speaker 1: This Is about the World's fastest Indian Indian. The fastest indian with anthony HOPKINS.
Speaker 7: And it's in A music I Mean, From, the south in new zealand.
Speaker 1: Right, anything else you want to add anything else you, Want, to add at this stage well the, Phone's really bad here. This morning michae'll let you. Go We'll do It's again soon, In, slovakia another, mark good.
Speaker 8: Morning hey good morning good morning so.
Speaker 1: We've got A better line with you In slovakia. Than we have with? Mark, INSTALL how does that work.
Speaker 19: Yeah i think you guys still have a lot. Of flintstone age TECHNOLOGY over there you've got this nbn thing. Which, is kind OF stone age.
Speaker 8: Yeah da do I.
Speaker 1: Suspect you mary right as nbn but sometimes the quality in this day and age Of mobile phone communication, Is. AS rex would have said sharzenhausen.
Speaker 19: I never understand why.
Speaker 16: You guys don't run.
Speaker 8: With, WhatsApp IF you know WhatsApp yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, i will always be smarter.
Speaker 1: Well presumably, people do ring from their WhatsApp, but, we can.
Speaker 6: Think you actually.
Speaker 19: No you can't actually you can't you.
Speaker 1: Can't ring using, A, WhatsApp directly through to us.
Speaker 16: No, because you must have.
Speaker 8: WhatsApp also it's what'sapp to WhatsApp.
Speaker 19: But the line Be clear Clearer, if you, get hugh from, herberton you know doing his thing the sound quality. Will be so much more realistic it's absolutely it's.
Speaker 1: Almost. A reason not.
Speaker 8: Come much now you had a guest. There just a?
Speaker 16: Few minutes ago where's.
Speaker 1: She gone she's moved back round into the NEWSROOM and preparing. For, THE five a national.
Speaker 19: Bulletin okay I Just, wanted To say about lady drummers AND i've got to say That i Agree.
Speaker 22: With.
Speaker 19: Her With SHEILA.
Speaker 1: Esca, verdol yes about shila e.
Speaker 19: Well she's Most. Famous, for her, stink with prince yes Of course she first appeared, with prince in nineteen eighty six at the end of eighty six and did sign at the time and then love sexy and you know a few guest appearances right up to the end really and they.
Speaker 16: Were still very very close.
Speaker 8: Friends they, dated for.
Speaker 17: A while.
Speaker 16: But yeah She's.
Speaker 19: Fantastic but also another notable i've seen Her A Number. Of times is cindy blackman santana, If, you know who That Is.
Speaker 1: No, Just remind Us.
Speaker 8: Missus.
Speaker 1: Santana, oh santana's mister. Santana's WIFE yes had a drummer she.
Speaker 31: I don't know if she's on i've never.
Speaker 19: Seen someone with So, much energy you went to Vienna She's, she was playing with lenny Kravitz And, she's quite famous with lenny kravitz you'll always see her with a. Massive afro sitting at the drums but she played for fifteen minutes and.
Speaker 1: It's like she was.
Speaker 19: A robot the power, was incredible, just would not stop you know it'd slow down and bang off she goes again at full speed and just on and. On and, on and just wow so yeah she Can Get A Chance to see cindy. Blackman san tannel on the drums check.
Speaker 8: Her out because she's pretty special.
Speaker 1: I'm actually LISTENING to a podcast and now i got TO find it very quickly because i think. You would love it as well And. It deals with particularly in canada it deals with some fantastic bands and outfits that Came, out Of, Particularly, Out, of canada like. Backmin turner overdrive lots of others but he does one hour just on great female. Wonderful women who, played, the drums not so, many well there's not so many but he's. Made An hour out of it so i'll have another listen To it over the weekend.
Speaker 15: And.
Speaker 1: I'll report back next week awesome What's? Happening in the world, of slovakia mark as.
Speaker 16: We speak it's beautiful sun evening i'm just out.
Speaker 8: Warring.
Speaker 1: The, gardens at the moment gorgeous? Yeah what's? The weekend look like.
Speaker 19: The same thirty, degrees thirty two something like that clears, fives and wondering what to, do.
Speaker 1: A wondering what to?
Speaker 8: Do wondering what riding my.
Speaker 16: Bike go to ride in one of my many bikes or. In one of my.
Speaker 19: Many supercars super always good.
Speaker 15: Fun what Would?
Speaker 1: Be your favorite Car.
Speaker 8: Over corvette definitely really.
Speaker 1: The corvette over above, Something, historically a little.
Speaker 19: More Exotic ferrari anything, like that the corvette's, the choice.
Speaker 16: Just because it's yeah it's.
Speaker 19: Raw i've just ordered another one actually it's got, one thousand and.
Speaker 8: Sixty horse power which is crazy, that's where they're at.
Speaker 1: Right now which is just incredible and that's Always in your part. Of, the worldslovaka left hand drive.
Speaker 19: Yes of course everything's left handed.
Speaker 1: Nothing TO do with a supercar but i Just Had. A. Drive, of the toyota tundra interesting massive but Of, course it lands here in australia left hand drivers could convert it. Into right hand drive by walking shore. Got it as a drive car after a couple of days you get used to it and you actually. Start to really really like it the engines, are cracking motor but it's. Uh it's a it's a ute, at the. END of the Day It's fantastic.
Speaker 8: I have a Dodge ram here and here in europe it's just a headache always because we put motorbikes in the.
Speaker 31: Back just because it's so.
Speaker 15: Big it's.
Speaker 28: Just so.
Speaker 8: Bloody big they're massive you know it's great for what we use, it for for the you know.
Speaker 19: Putting race bikes in The back but you know, we I've got to go downtown which i've got to go, in A couple of, minutes actually so i'm using that but it's just so, big and parking and, it's frustrating so.
Speaker 1: You could yeah you couldn't, put that into a. Shopping set a Massive ram presumably.
Speaker 16: Well that's where i'm going to good to go.
Speaker 15: DOWN and get some gat food marki Have.
Speaker 1: Tat food there it. Is markie have a great weekend. Always good to Talk. To you This.
Speaker 12: Market.
Speaker 1: In slovakia it is australia overnight i'm turning mcmahu's, one double three six nine Three. Will go to. Rob in ashburton that'll be. Next come and join hello there if you would like, to be part of the. Program you can join us now i'm just having a look at the list of great female. Drummers and it's actually infinitely MORE it's really more lengthy. Than i would have first suggested but the Top Of, the list is definitely karen carbaner the first female in the history, to have, a prolific drumming career most, recognizable known for an early. Death she Was. Only, Thirty Two, Rob's in Ashburton.
Speaker 38: Hello hi tony happy happy friday you, talk to, you talking about. Drummers the cause The, family band she plays.
Speaker 1: Drum yes. We mentioned that earlier that's good the other one that they've got Here is A, Girl's Invented pack rock Of, England, sandy west From. The RUNAWAYS yes.
Speaker 7: Remember?
Speaker 38: The honeycombs have i?
Speaker 1: The right have they? The right was that a. Female he was.
Speaker 36: A girl drummer.
Speaker 10: She.
Speaker 38: Was definitely was a girl drummer and.
Speaker 1: Another one that was Mentioned Earlier In the program. Of, cindy, BLACKMAN santana been. DRUMMING yeah yeah.
Speaker 35: I saw them.
Speaker 38: I saw when santana came out he introduced his wife. Because he just got married. Again and that guy was Right, he, stole my son To Actually. Yeah she was with lenny cravis she is a powerful. Drummer, and no doubt about that Also there was a band in america in late Sixties, early seventies that were, called fanny and they were brilliant and there was. A girl drummer in that band, if you can go on YouTube They do a Cover. Of hey bulldog by The. Beatles it's the, band's called. FANNY it is unbelievable very good i.
Speaker 1: Have a look at that one the other one here on the list did not Know This because what a voice chaka kahan can, drum like a demi god apparently as. Well as singing like a goddess well, mostly known for legendary vocal chops she can. Really do a, fantastic, drum.
Speaker 38: Work there's some good good, good real drummers around the world and it's.
Speaker 1: Not doubt about this, This Medal cohen is another one shila ree is and only the other drummer. At the top of, the list and the list Goes Look, At, All These, memorable jody lynz scott. Bobby hall so many, Of, them who would have thought.
Speaker 15: Yeah what do.
Speaker 38: You go playing for the weekend I've got a Gig Tonight at williamstown called. The pirates tavern playing there tonight i've, got a few gigs coming up is?
Speaker 1: It so loo with the?
Speaker 3: Band?
Speaker 1: Sorry solo with the band band so people can call. And have a? Look at you what's that? Good problems with the phones again people can call in. And, have a, look at.
Speaker 38: You yes that course yeah yeah Pirates Haven't seven till Ten, in ann street in. Downtown williamstown which is.
Speaker 1: Lovely place have a good. Gig rob always Good To chat, Thank, you seen, Shane kilda morning yes.
Speaker 46: Good morning tony and you sound. Like you're going really well.
Speaker 1: There, that's very kind of you now my spies tell me that. You're, writing like a.
Speaker 46: Little play well actually we've finished we've finally finished writing producing A Wonderful producer A show called radio Phoenix, spelt pheo nix forward slash rosewell Which, is a country town in. Victoria said in nineteen Sixty Seven it's also known as aubrey wodonga where. All the, great films are made and. Yes it's been a huge production we've, Got Some, Amazing Players in it wilber Wilde simon Owens From.
Speaker 7: Three aw we have russell morris it's.
Speaker 46: An amazing it's a. Comedy drama said in, the sixties it's a radio Station community, radio station run by mick O'Reilly who runs. A place according to, his rules, they have no money no brains alien visitations and count folk and forty eight hours to. Get themselves back up and running the problem is we can't get this thing Running, because with our application to amazon they won't do anything Because we're Not a Resident of america. Or england OR new zeal unfortunately so what i was wondering was, if there is anyone out there because this is our first crack at. This and it's an amazing job we've Got an incredible narrator. Whatever former magic six ninth screen? What a voice he does Well he actually, you've, heard of john laws right. Well he does a great voice one Of The characters we have is john lawless and Obviously.
Speaker 15: You know to play on.
Speaker 46: John But it's an amazing story are we're wondering if there's anybody out there that may be. ABLE to HELP us with Infa. I mean i Applied to Spotify i went into spotify and sydney a couple of days ago to the building, that was registered on the internet only to find that it was. Shut shut down four years ago so we're not. Having any good luck WITH OPENINGS There's A thing called cd cd, Girl I think Is. Another company magic productions in perth. None Of them do audio books they're. Australian but they don't do audiobooks so we've. Got A bit of, a dilemma, and i just thought you know you've got an Incredible show here where you go Australia wide and A lot of intel. People And i, Love the program when i'm up i'm certainly listening to your, show and not just your show but everyone else that's on and just wondering if anyone out there can help. Us with a bit of information i'll leave my number at the Desk with Is.
Speaker 1: It, market IT'S young and jackson well if.
Speaker 46: I could speak to him, prior to getting off the sorry if we could let people that are interested or.
Speaker 1: It's great to talk to you when. You get some bit more Organized i'll Put you back to young and jackson when, you get a bit more organized and we'll talk about that because it could be a. Really bit of. An interesting, Project it sounds interesting stay There i'll Put you Back to young and jackson and i'll talk about some of the great names that Are Atturning an event Tomorrow, As Sally. Cobur in Morning Cell bob harper haven't seen, bob harper for a long time which was doing a lot of Publicity For our, Casinos down in tazzy gary, McQuay Dennis o'caine will be There Dean. Reynolds and the wonderful brian smith. A big get together for Lunch. I'll be reporting that on monday. We got the news coming up we say GOODBYE To everybody through five double a no we don't we say goodbye To. Everybody through six pr in. Perth we'll See You Next week here. For australia overnight News Is Next.
Speaker 25: You're Listening to. Australia over eyes with, tony McManus.
Speaker 19: Keep.
Speaker 1: That list coming great female drummers interesting list and. It's getting longer as we speak one double three six nine three for sending those messages zero four double seven. Six nine three six nine three now a lot of the sales. For remotor cars takes place today people wander around kay? Yards or is there JUST me you wander around A, ca yard maybe, today tomorrow's saturday and you think well that will you? Take that one for a drive? But what's that process? Feel like what are the challenges what are the things you should be doing to ultimately get the deal that, you have Been Longingly living for Lusting Over Sometimes Paula Known, as miss, Auto cat's, Paula cats good morning good.
Speaker 22: Morning tony And. All tuning into three aw overnight it's lovely.
Speaker 1: To have you on. The program when we catch up it is always a great joy because the idea of, going out and buying, a car, ideally a new car not. Ideally but often a New car you've got to be you've got to, be sort of on Your guard, do, you not.
Speaker 22: How i'm prepared prepared prepared is probably now with the market being. AS big as what it is i, think that preparations, the important thing especially WITH news because we can break i think we should break this up into segments because we often talk about what? Are we going to TALK about and it was actually i, put my hand up and said let's, give the listeners some relevant information hopefully that they can use or their Family. And Friends Can. Use, From akari so i'm acari.
Speaker 3: Yeah well we are.
Speaker 1: A LITTLE bit along that line. And i bet you get it you've had For much of your, career saying i'm thinking of ME and? You can what will i buy and then you were given some a few ideas and they often do exactly. The opposite to what you've recommended so you then get, To the boy you get well i'm just not. Going TO make any recommendations anymore but i guess one of the important things would be is, to actually decide if you're like what type of car in fact, that you might be a to Whether it be. A hatch OF sedan or whatever that's that's i.
Speaker 22: Think that's step number one time because if the mind doesn't, even know what type you want so you've, got in, SHORT, todan or hatch small. Car suv big or small ute, obviously if you need a ute, You know you need a ute but do?
Speaker 23: You need a.
Speaker 22: Four by four you do? You need a four by two do you need a ute with a tray or do you need a jewel cab so? Or do you need a? Canopy do you need a van and once, you understand what type you, need it's got. Buying a bed king or queen then you can.
Speaker 31: Move on to firm or.
Speaker 22: Soft so that's step.
Speaker 7: Number one that's.
Speaker 1: Step number one i'm already exhausted and then of course, around all of that there's budget the budgets ry constraints because these things are, by comparison to the old days these. Are, no longer cheap no.
Speaker 22: CARS yeah, CARS obviously they've changed i mean i mean people, know everything's gone up in price but the budget small car. Entry Option. Just isn't available Anymore in australia THERE'S a few chinese manufacturers like mg that. Have brought in some price points bucky. At nineteen thousand and twenty thousand but if people are, really searching for a new car the price points are generally from. Twenty five to thirty thousand onwards and that's because you don't have. To, pay extra for anything else really the car itself, has all the accessories as standard.
Speaker 12: So well.
Speaker 31: Most accessories are standard that, Puller.
Speaker 1: I'd often say to. People look, you need to consider you know, If you're in, all of this if you consider, do your consider. Somewhere between four five six models that gives you a sense.
Speaker 22: Of what may come out of that, one, hundred and if you, GO okay let's, just hypothetically tied i don't know let's just choose the most popular car AT. The moment statistically is an suv so that statistics are showing that over thirty two percent of people that. Was last month is purchasing SUVs so if you're PURCHASING, an, suv, and medium?
Speaker 16: Sized?
Speaker 22: Suv say? Okay WHAT models?
Speaker 10: Do?
Speaker 22: WHAT brands do i like that i?
Speaker 28: Want?
Speaker 22: To GO and test drives ie am i going To Go and? Look AT the toyota Ave four do I like? The MASS the c X Five? Do i want the KIA serato what what models am I going to look for and i think that's going to help them might not get too distracted.
Speaker 14: By the noise of.
Speaker 22: Thirty five brands in your Face.
Speaker 1: And there is there are there's. So much from which it choose almost like every every week we're seeing a new launch From. SOMETHING coming out Of a china i see a. Kia are about to just launch there ARE there a youth coming up, i think either. TODAY or, tomorrow which you know i mean it's just there is, so much from which to choose which must be confusing if you're in.
Speaker 22: The market one hundred percent EN actually one note that that i didn't put in there now? Also, is what type?
Speaker 7: Of ENGINE yeah we're looking for actually, i forgot.
Speaker 22: That because you know petrol is ALMOST obsolete pretty much like ninety. I don't even know the statistics i'm. NOT going to make it up i think there's a couple of cars left. That are one hundred percent petrol so we're going? To look at an electric car are we?
Speaker 31: Going?
Speaker 1: To look?
Speaker 22: At THE hybrid hybrid YOU know so i think actually i forgot to, put that little notes in there and, THEN once, You work out look i mean i'm not sure if people generally make a decision based on. The physical appearance of. A car but most, people, do and then YOU say? Okay now what do i do and there's a saying tone that we used. TO have in the automotive industry i. Was taught or twenty years ago the feel. Of, THE wheel seals the, deal.
Speaker 1: Well i love it, right going to write that. Down say that one more, time, the feel of. The wheel.
Speaker 22: Yep, Seal the deal that's fantastic yeah because anybody can, like a look of a car they. Can imagine themselves in the car though the reality is is that, once you sit in the, car just like choosing a bed you. May or, may not.
Speaker 31: Be comfortable it's very.
Speaker 1: Very true we'll do. THIS break when we come back. I want to take some calls so those of, you bought a new car recently? Had the process? Go for you and from where what did you end up buying, One double three six nine three. One double three six nine three when, did you buy a new? Car your new, most recent purchase what was? It how did that process go and how long? Since you've bought a new car. ONE double three six nine three, I MENTIONED earlier in the program paula i had actually, done test drive for a column and hopefully we'll get to the column. Before the end of this month The, New they Call, It. A tundra tundra from Toyota.
Speaker 7: Ah did you.
Speaker 22: Drive the tundra i'll.
Speaker 1: Tell, You the first. Couple of days i'm thinking, yeah but then after the week did You want to get, out of. It's fantastic before beautiful really gorgeous who would have thought that? We fall, in love with you Stay There We're Talking. To paul Up miss, auto cats it's a friday. Morning The straighter of A Night. Hello Paula known as miss auto paula cats had to, BUY a. CAR a little no i think I don't know whether you and. I have spoken about this before the idea of a, test drive is, A Little dull bit of boring but i'll often say to you have people, that are looking to buy something whether it be a new or whether, infect it be eighteen months old it is so important. To take it for a, drive, and, YOUR people some SAY oh no i know what i want and. They, don't even.
Speaker 15: Test drive it no they don't.
Speaker 36: And there's some.
Speaker 22: There's some stories Even with. Myself this is my i'm timed i'm a prime example, of NOT test driving a car and, i loved the look. Of it loved everything about it and it was, actually a, fee at five hundred you know, one.
Speaker 40: Of.
Speaker 36: THOSE little yeah yeah gorgeous yeah i, just LOVED the, look, of.
Speaker 22: IT and i. Went yeah no, i want, that didn't drive it and, unfortunately the positioning of the pedals so the brake and the accelerator or on such an angle. THAT it was overflexing my foot.
Speaker 15: I couldn't even drop the car your hips.
Speaker 1: Were moving in the WRONG direction, and that was, and i went you know what.
Speaker 22: You have to drive the car and you also have to ensure that you're set. Up properly on the test drive what's it like?
Speaker 1: When you're Buying a new vehicle And, now john's called IN that john?
Speaker 14: You bought what, I bought, it good morning Everyone.
Speaker 15: Hell WELL thank you morning john.
Speaker 14: Good i went out and HAD a look at a, at Aa patrol eight months ago and i'm. Absolutely in love, with this, thing IT'S a beast ABSOLUTE beast and i, Knew what i was looking for so that, MADE the. Journey a, lot easier.
Speaker 15: I Guess, but yeah that's great and john.
Speaker 1: You presumably you'd lusted Over for a period of? Time, Was this your first.
Speaker 14: Patrol No i've got two patrols actually i've, got The Old diesel as well which. I'm I'M in at the moment but i wanted to secure myself because myself and my, wife in a few years time we WANT to go to caravanning and i couldn't think of a better. Car to go caravanning than this so. My heart was set on this you.
Speaker 1: Had that because you wanted, the eight as opposed to say what you're going To. Get, these days from land cruiser.
Speaker 34: Yeah and.
Speaker 14: No fuss of just PETROL and, the LAST of the v eight. Says i, SAID in mat, fact but yeah i. Love it absolutely loved the car and.
Speaker 1: The process, OF doing, a deal was that i mean because not everybody does a, new car On a regular basis like maybe paula. Deals with it all the? Time was it a? Simple process was there a deal do you? Go through that angst around.
Speaker 31: That there was a bit of.
Speaker 14: Handling involved and what have you but, AT the end OF the day i knew what i wanted and THEY come to. The party and, I was happy they were happy and the salesman caught me once a month to SEE how my. Car's going, and i. LOVE that it's great absolutely fantastic, i, couldn't, speak highly? Of THEM.
Speaker 8: Which yeah?
Speaker 14: Which dealer can i, Say It Of course you can james. Wavely nissen here was just magnificent.
Speaker 1: Well sales team will be. Around to see Them, This morning. Good on your john thank. You THERE'S a great round there and i, guess if you have that, Experience, because as you well know paula sometimes people come back and say. That there was the worst dealer it was the worst. Possible experience at buying a car oh.
Speaker 36: That's that's the.
Speaker 22: Kind of worm to open up it's so hard to. Cover that off in one sentence, let me ask.
Speaker 3: You, this then in this.
Speaker 1: Current, climate, discounts, Still A thing no.
Speaker 22: No no and i'm so GLAD you asked that time because i remember the days where. You would walk into a well. It DIDN'T matter where my customers, WHEN i had a you know i was, full TIME with a brokerage business so i was helping, people buy cars every single day and it was it was expected that there would be ten fifteen. Percent off cars for MY clients it didn't matter if. I was buying fifty A month that was just whether.
Speaker 36: I was buying one or.
Speaker 22: Fifty, it was just an expectation, however now even as. A broker it does. Not exist the, percentages don't exist there's, you know, the tens of thousands. The THOUSANDS they just don't exist and i think consumers are still in the mindset. That, they do and they are unfortunately we are not being, educated through the government through tariffs through any form of trade agreements that have changed that have changed the, unfortunately the taxes and the duties which in turn changed.
Speaker 6: The ability for a dealer to.
Speaker 22: Be, able to discount a car yeah the.
Speaker 1: Luxury cortexst, we'll talk about that another time just very quickly with the with the the idea. Of just walking into a dealer is there a waiting, based ON current delivery and sales because i think they're just hovering AROUND last year's numbers As when i saw them? Last? Is there a. WAITING list yeah.
Speaker 22: They still is i mean obviously that it's going to be dependent, on model and. Also MANUFACTURING brands but there is and i think everyone knows That we don't make cars in australia anymore and most, of the, cars come from overseas and, overseas their, Timetable works different ours for example japan's And. A, financial year, is in, march yeah of course you know and they, close for a, Couple of months, So you know toyota have struggled mazers struggled for the last couple of months. With stock because they're on holidays so it's there is still. Going to be a, waiting game i'd say to consumers just give yourself, at least three to six months three to.
Speaker 1: Six, to go through that process well if.
Speaker 22: You want, to get exactly, what you, want if, you want precise, color precise interior if you want if, you're if you if you don't just want to walk into a DEALERSHIP and get. THE option of i don't. Know i say you want, black you know. They Oh no we've got.
Speaker 1: Silver paula god love you and levia except to. Say thank. YOU very very much it's fantasy a little bit. Of information goes a. Long way paula, known as misorder paula misorder cats. We love it twenty five past you've got to. LOVE lots of text coming through a dealer showed me A black, car turning back, and i. Said oh that's good black car? Do you have a darker one another text says that you don't Have to buy, a car in victoria. These days You just steal one ross and RUSS Coming. Up next three at. W brickey it's on. The Way have a fantastic weekend, lionel richie. Is a birthday today birthday boy he is seventy six and. He's still dancing on, The Ceiling If. You don't mind i'm, tony mack for all we. Know we, May never Meet again thank you young and jackson may hands only ever be held out in friendship and never in what