S1: Hello everyone. Welcome to Mark My Words, the podcast that gives you everything you need to know about rugby league. And this is the podcast you want to listen to and watch. I'm joined by my two sparring partners. Hello to you.
S2: Hello. Leaves. Hello, Piglet.
S1: Hello, piggy.
S3: Hello, Levi. Hello m g.
S1: I just want to give our listeners and viewers a little insight into our man one iron. What should be a very simple task on this podcast becomes very difficult. There's in the business what's known as the clap. Yep. Um, which business? This business.
S3: Whose business? The red light business.
S1: And we, we do a clap to sync the vision up with the audio. It's just taken us 27 opportunities to get us all to clap at the same time. So ready? 123.
S3: Are you doing that on purpose? You're a dick, boys.
S1: It's a great weekend. Indigenous round. Yeah, it's two weekends again this year celebrating all of the great indigenous players that we've had in the game and continue to have in the game m g piggy. You guys have played with some unbelievable players. A couple of my favorites. Nathan Blacklock, Johnathan Thurston, Preston Campbell. Yep. Boys thoughts.
S2: Yeah I couldn't agree more. I think um, when I first started to take notice of uh, in players was Arthur Beetson. Um, he was one of my favourite players when I was growing up, when he played for the Roosters and then the Parramatta and that offload. I couldn't believe how he'd go into a tackle and be tackled by 4 or 5 blokes and get the ball out. I just thought, how does he do that? Um, look JT, Johnathan Thurston is is up there. I think he'll be a future immortal. Uh, Greg Inglis GIGIGI just for his his power. Then you've got the little guys like, um, presto and and Matty Bowen.
S3: Yeah.
S2: Um, Laurie Daley's got to be mentioned as well. Gordie Tallis I mean, where does it stop? It's they just do something. I think the indigenous players play without that shackle on them. I think they let the shackles go and they just go, you know what? I'm going to be me today. I'm going to do it 100 miles an hour. I don't give an F what other people think.
S3: Tinga. Nathan Blacklock. You already stole him. Played with him for many years at the Dragons. Outstanding, mate. Put him in the clear. Good luck. Yeah. Uh, cartwheel. Backflip. Yeah, probably. I wasn't probably as good as that as he was. He was probably a little bit better than me. Just.
S1: You can't even spell it CATE.
S3: Amos Roberts. Mate. Mossy and I go, we go way back. We we played at the Dragons together, but we also played at Wigan together. So mostly come and live with me when I first moved over. Um to to Wigan. Uh, he was outstanding on his day. Mossy was one of the best I'd seen um two of Parramatta that I, I always talk about Dean Widders and Timana Tahu.
S1: Yeah.
S3: Timana Tahu came to Parramatta the same year. I came to Parramatta in 2005 just to be able to see what, what, uh, mana could do with the footy. Uh, unbelievable. And Dino, Dino and I actually played together at the Roosters as kids, so Dino. Dino came down in 1997 when we're under 17. He came down from Armidale and Dino used to come and stay at my mum and dad's house when we were kids. When we were kids, he'd come and stay if we had schoolboy footy or stuff. We were in the rep teams together. He'd stay at my house and knows mum and dad well and everything like that, so then be able to play with him. Played first grade with him at Parramatta. He was good. He was. He's a bigger fella, Dino like me, but his silky skills with the footy, he was a. He was a great player as well.
S1: Can I nominate an indigenous player that probably wouldn't be in my top 50? Yep. But he's the indigenous player who happens to be a mate of mine, and I've never heard anyone talk themselves up better than him. A bloke by the name of Beau champion.
S2: Bobo.
S1: Bobo champion thinks he's better than Greg Inglis. Johnathan Thurston, Preston Campbell, all in one. He's done well, Beau. Um, I've known him for a long, long time.
S2: He's good.
S1: Great to get on the drink with him down at Churchill Sports Bar out of all places. And, um, he didn't mind a bet on the races back then. I think he still does, but he's got his own, um, waste collection business, recycling and stuff, so he's done remarkably well for himself. So shout out to Bo. But geez, he can talk.
S2: Oh great bloke. Um, I think two guys who we haven't mentioned. And the first one I mentioned I'm going to mention is the reason I thought that this, this guy was a God when I used to watch him play in the, um, maybe late 70s, early 80s when he got the ball, the crowd would just get up. Uh, Laurie. Larry Corowa. Yeah. Oh, yeah. Like he was the they called him the Black Flash and he was just unfreaking believable. Um, that's the first time I saw a crowd as one get up when you got the ball. And probably the best ball playing indigenous player I've ever played against. And with a couple of times he was um Cliffy Lyons. Oh yeah. Cliffy Lyons was is very similar to what um Cody Walker is now. Uh, the.
S3: Silky.
S2: Skills, those things you go, how did how did he make three on one there?
S3: Yeah.
S2: Yeah. They they just do.
S3: And he had time, didn't he? Oh, man. So much time when he had the.
S2: Beaver about.
S3: It. Beaver. Yeah. Beavers. Beavers tries off Cliffy Lyons. My goodness. How many of those would it have been?
S1: I just thought of another indigenous player who was pretty good at talking himself up. And I used to get stuck into him.
S3: Are we supposed to be celebrating? Well.
S1: I'm about. I'm about to celebrate him because I've had a love hate relationship with this person and have had some fairly intense interviews with him. But I've got to know him over the last five years, and he's actually a really, really lovely bloke.
S2: Anthony Mundine Yeah, good bloke.
S1: Um, and look, nothing takes away from his ability both in the football arena and the boxing ring.
S2: What a what a sportsman.
S1: Unbelievable. I do, I do say to him from time to time I said mate drop off like you're talking to yourself. Up he goes come on bro. And he gives me a hug and a kiss. I actually genuinely, genuinely enjoy his company these days. So, uh, shout out to Anthony Mundine.
S2: You play with choc.
S3: No choc left. Choc was there 99 2000. I came the end of 2000. He left in the half way through I think that year. Is that what happened. He left uh went to boxing. Yeah. Yeah. I think that was halfway through 2000 I.
S1: Hang on, hang on, Chuck. Tom. I'm just recording the Mark My Words podcast. Can you just let the listeners know you're a big fan? Massive.
S2: Oh yeah.
S1: Tommy story time boss on board. Ladies and gentlemen. I'll buzz you back. Boss. Tom Malone, CEO, Tap Media he's a listener, boys. He is. He's a listener.
S3: He enjoys story.
S1: Time. He does enjoy story time. Well, yeah, it's a great weekend. It's a great celebration of the indigenous players in the game. And the one thing I love is the jersey designs and the stories behind them. I, I saw one of Connor Watson at the Roosters. Yeah. I don't know if the Dragons are doing well.
S3: You should see the Dragons jersey. It is outstanding. They had. And we had a session cultural session during the week for the Dragons, and we had some people come in and talk. We had Ricky Walford come in and talk.
S2: There's another one.
S3: Johnny.
S2: Simon, there's.
S3: Oh, Johnny Simon. They both came in and spoke to the club and all the staff, but there's a. Now I can't remember the the young fella's name, but there's a local 16 year old kid that designed the Dragons jersey, the indigenous jersey, but, uh, Squadron Energy, which are the major sponsor of the Dragons, they're not on it this week. Uh, they've actually taken the, their, um, sponsorship off the Dragons jersey. You won't see it on the front of the Dragons jersey just to encapsulate the whole indigenous story, the Dragons jersey.
S2: So selfless.
S3: It's a bit of a story there. I think they're the first NRL club to and sponsor to to do that. But you'll see the Dragons jersey this weekend and the girls are playing before the boys. They'll both be wearing the the jerseys and there'll be no no major because you know you see the major sponsor across there, no major sponsor across the Dragons.
S1: What's the company called again?
S3: Squadron and Squadron energy.
S1: Right. So, uh, is there a reason why Squadron Energy isn't advertising on this podcast?
S3: No, I haven't asked Squadron.
S2: Squadron.
S1: Come.
S2: Out to play.
S1: We started today. I walked in didn't I? MM. And he goes, oh, I've had another big week. I get it at 630. I'll leave at 830. You're making me sound.
S3: Like someone else.
S1: You know, he's had a big day, mate. You could put a word in with Squadron Energy. Hello? Advertising dollars. Hey hey, hey. There's three people on the podcast. Concentrate.
S3: One is more fun.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Oh, really? Well, he can have the gig.
S2: Um, you mentioned the Roosters one. Uh, it's inspired by Craig Salvatori. Oh, yeah. Fan bloody tastic. The Roosters one is probably the best indigenous jersey you'll see in a long time. What a bloke he is. Craig Salvatori, fantastic boys.
S1: The other big story this week. Um, the appointment of Matt King as New South Wales coach. He's played in the blue jumper. He's worked under Loz. Uh, he's worked and done an apprenticeship under Trent Robinson at the Roosters. I think this is a great appointment. What about you guys?
S2: Yeah, I've got no qualms whatsoever. He's got my full confidence and I think he's got my full support as well because I think he has done the time. A lot of people are saying, oh, he's never coached before, but others Billy Slater you know, it's all about what you've done before. It's about what you're going to do. And by all accounts he's um, the players love him. Um, he was someone's giving me a call here. Sorry about that.
S3: Here we go.
S1: King.
S2: King, I'm about to pump you up, brother. I promise you, through the wig. I'll give him a pump up. Um, no. Look, I got a little bit left field, I would say. Because if, you know, if we're thinking that Ivan Cleary is going to be coach. Well, not now until 29 Ivan. Because it's a two year deal for King with a third year option. Yeah. So um it kind of muddies the water somewhat with what Ivan's going to be doing later on. But as far as Matt King goes, yeah. Um, yeah. Like, look, the players and I think the endorsement that Laurie Daley gave him and how much he, how much support he gave him over the last series, um, it got him over the line. Yeah. And good on him. I can't wait to see him strut his stuff.
S3: I think it's unreal. So good. And off the back of everything he just said. Then like he's also sat under Michael McGuire or worked with Michael McGuire in 2024 with the New South Wales side. He's been there with Loz, he already works with Robbo, so he's got some of the best coaches he's already worked.
S2: That's a good point. That's a really good point.
S3: Don't you think? Very good. Been there and done it. He's seen it.
S2: Taking a bit.
S3: Of each bit of all of them. Then he's his own man. I think it's a great, great point I look forward to.
S1: You know what I love? I love that when Laurie was copying it this year, he stood up. He was the first bloke to stand up and defend him. And to me, that says that he's not going to take a backward step as coach.
S2: So so true. Yeah.
S1: He's not gonna copy any of that crap.
S2: I've got goosebumps. One thing I got goosebumps.
S3: I want him to grow his hair back.
S2: Oh.
S3: Sideshow Bob, bring it back. Yeah.
S1: Actually, there's a story time for future week's best hairstyles in rugby league. You can spend some time on that. Um, well done to Matt King. He'll do a great job. Yeah. Again well done to Laurie Daley. Goes out on a high and finishes and goes out to winner. Congratulations to him. And then I suppose the other one the recruitment drive continues. Um well the resigning drive at the Saint George Illawarra Dragons. Piggy, your mom's got another one. Loco junior Pacific a Tonga is staying on.
S3: Yeah, he's one of the pieces of the puzzle. One of the last pieces of the puzzle because, um, obviously everyone knows about the the new signings that have come to the Dragons. Well, also, it's about the resignings of all those great young kids that are coming through the system there and the couch boys, they, um, they've resigned until 2030, I think that one was. So to get loco done, that's great. I think um, Jacob Hellinger who's still to resign. So I think they're still working on that one. And then, you know, they've, they've got a fair few players coming already and maybe 1 or 2 more and we'll go from.
S1: Well.
S2: He kind of he teased us before the cameras were rolling today. Who is it? He has no idea. He teased us before the cameras just make it up. Then he said to Levy, he said, look, if you want me to give you some real good goss about who's coming to the dragons, be nice to me.
S1: Right. Can you give us a hint?
S3: Nah.
S2: What's this? What's it rhyme with, mate?
S3: They've done. They've done what they needed to do.
S1: Okay. Don't give me the bloody club speak. Just tell me who it is.
S3: I've got no idea.
S1: You're on our time.
S3: I just make it up.
S2: Does it rhyme with Kade Keegan?
S3: No, no.
S1: So is it a rezoning or is it a recruitment?
S3: No no no.
S2: No he doesn't.
S3: Now, you had the opportunity last week, my friend, to ask Daniel Anderson, who is the recruitment boss, who did all of these questions, and he answered him.
S2: He said, ask you today.
S3: No he didn't. Well, I was talking to him yesterday.
S1: Well, it's funny you say that because I asked Daniel Anderson another question. I said, Daniel, given the success that you've had as a recruitment manager of the Dragons, maybe you should take over the NRL w side as well and remove this idiot.
S2: What did he say? Because you didn't ask that question.
S1: He said, well, those discussions are being had.
S2: In all sincerity, this is a fantastic coup for them because there was only like three months ago he was going to quit the Dragons. There was talk. He wasn't he didn't think he was in their plans. And he was looking elsewhere. And I know he will be happy. John Stanley, um, Johnny Stanley's a big fan of loco and but look, it just it looks so good now. Now the expectation changes with the dragons. Now that they've got. Now they've ever seen something so, so powerful. Um, where most of their fans are now looking for them to get off the bottom of the ladder, which they probably won't this year. They've got to be resigned to the fact that they're probably gonna get a wooden spoon. But Newcastle did last year as well. And look at them this year. Yeah. Um I think that's got to be the same track that we've got to watch the Dragons take. Yeah. They've got to make finals. And Daniel Anderson said that. I said what's a pass mark. He said finals footy. So as long as they're thinking that if I'm a fan I'm going. Yes. Yeah. Because if I hear someone from the retention going, you know what? Oh, I might take a while to gel and know this is the year we want to get off. Piss it off now. We want to hit the ground. We want to be hitting the ground running. And I think they I think who they've got is unbelievable signings.
S1: A little bit like when the NRL w recruitment manager at Dragon says we've got a five year plan.
S3: Five year. We just started this year.
S1: We're. I'm ruthless.
S2: You are ruthless.
S3: I was I was going to text you after our game on the weekend where the girls, even though they got beaten convincingly, they played the Roosters. They give it a red hot crack for long periods.
S1: What was the score.
S3: 38 to 8.
S1: Yeah, great.
S3: Two tries conceded in the last five minutes. But anyway um I was getting text. Just text you boys and say back to the first year of the five year plan.
S2: Well, we were trying to get him on weren't we? Because, because we're talking about your we're talking about your one star hotel at Goulburn.
S3: Now, the Goulburn Hotel was good. Was it? You know that do you know they um turned the heater on for me so when I got there the heater.
S2: So tell tell our.
S3: Viewers Friday night on Friday night I had to leave the studio because this is where we called from. And I booked a hotel at Goulburn. So I drive to Goulburn, which was 2.5 hours. And then that broke up the trip to Wagga, which is where Magic Round was played.
S2: So what time did you get to Goulburn?
S3: Uh, 12:15.
S2: Okay.
S3: And when I got in because they said, here's the pin code, put the pin code in and the key drops out, go, go to your room. And when I got to my room, heater was on. It was beautiful. Toasty, like it was freezing in Goulburn, but the the.
S2: He thought the blinkers might be like.
S3: No, no, because I did a good sort of reconnaissance. Yeah. Mission around and I was very content.
S1: Well I've got to apologize. I might as if you were staying in a cell at supermax.
S3: Oh no.
S2: Yeah. We we thought poor Piggy.
S3: No, no, nothing like that.
S1: I did think, though one of the telling points, though, at this particular motel, you could book it by the hour. I thought, oh, that's a bit of.
S2: A formula one.
S1: No. Yeah.
S3: I literally got.
S2: I told my wife when I got home, I told him this story, oh, she goes, poor pig. Wouldn't he just drive straight to Wagga? I said, I don't know.
S3: No, well I would have driven to Wagga, I would have got there till three in the morning. So then so I was like tired. I literally got into bed at 1230. I woke up at six, 630, had a shower, jumped in the car two half hours, 2.5 hours straight, and then I.
S2: That's the safest bit.
S3: And then I left Wagga that afternoon straight after the game, put you blokes on and drove home.
S1: Hey, one last one before the preview. Uh, Nicho Hynes and this goal kicking streak. Well as a former goal kicker yourself piggy can you can you give him a rap for what? He's outstanding.
S3: It's sensational. Uh what did he do. He did eight eight from eight the other week. Then he did a five from five.
S2: From the sideline too.
S3: Yeah. And nailing him from everywhere, mate. I would be that nervous from now on, like, because he knows and he knows. He knows and he's come out and said that he knows. I'd be going. Just give me the ones in front. Just give me the ones in front. Let someone else take him.
S1: Can you give the listeners and the viewers a bit of an insight into goal kicking? Like how much work would he be and how much would you be putting in sort of during your training.
S3: Hours, hours. So like, and again, mine was 25 years ago. So they're better and better and better and more professional. But I was doing at least three sessions a week for at least half an hour to an hour. Yeah. Like, whereas they're probably doing double that now. I don't, I don't know, but, um, they're phenomenal. The goal kickers, the work they put in and Daryl Halligan, I think he works with Nicho Hynes. He's been around for years. Graham Arnold's worked as a goalkeeping coach.
S2: I think, um, uh, young bloke from, uh, what's his name from, uh, the Raiders. He just retired Jarrod Croker. Croker.
S3: He's been.
S2: Doing it. He's been doing it. Yeah. Um, I just think it epitomises the confidence he's playing with on the field. Yeah. When you're a goalkicker, when you're kicking goals from anywhere. Oh, man. How good, how much good you must you feel on the field going, give me the ball. Well, look, he's running more now than he. I think he I think he's playing better now this year than he did in 22 when he won the Dally M medal.
S1: I think he's in a really good place. Like he's engaged.
S2: He's a great player.
S1: He's yeah.
S2: He's doing stuff with Tommy Herschel.
S1: Stuff. So he's doing good.
S2: You need stuff away from footy. Yeah. That stimulates you to make your footy better.
S1: Yeah. Although speaking of being away from footy, did we talk about Locky Galvin last week. There was a story. Yeah. Yeah. He's he he gets away from footy by going and picking up horses.
S2: No we talked, we spoke to uh presto on um. Oh that's his continuous call team.
S1: So Locky Galvin away. He's got a oh. What's his horse called. It was quite clever.
S2: Get out clause.
S1: Get out. Clause. Yeah. Exit clause. Exit clause. Exit clause. Very clever. Locky. So he's out from rugby league. He likes to go to Jason Coyle Stables and pick up the horse.
S3: Yeah. Good on.
S2: Him. Settle him.
S3: Well. Probably clears his.
S2: It's fantastic.
S3: Probably clears the nostrils as well.
S2: Anything's better. Anything? Anything.
S1: Boxers. I wouldn't do it. All right, we get into the, uh. Because you're.
S3: Elite. You're an elitist.
S1: I'm just about.
S3: You.
S2: You know, because you live with jockeys, you'd know.
S1: Did you see the BMW downstairs?
S2: Yeah.
S1: A BMW commercial agreement. I don't have to declare that on a podcast. No. Paramatta BMW. Yup. Guilty.
S3: Why don't you sponsor? Why have you spoken to him? Why are they sponsoring the podcast?
S4: Blah blah blah. Yeah. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
S1: How many wins have you got at the Dragons NRL? W what was the score on the weekend? You blah blah blah. We do the odds of course, thanks to our mates at better.
S2: Cos.
S4: You know I know.
S1: Better. Stay ahead of the game with better download the better app today. What are you gambling with? Titans? Cowboys. Cbus Super Stadium Titans $230.62.
S2: The cows I don't know why the Cowboys are persisting with Jackson Purdue at number seven. I just think it's a waste. I think he's such a good ball runner that they've got to think of another another way to get him involved in the game. And it's in the centers. If Drinkwater's fullback maybe put I you know what. I'd put Drinkwater halfback and put in fullback. I think at the moment the way they're going 8212. Hello. But saying that I think they've. I think their draws. Okay piggy for the rest of the year. So I think um I think they might be too strong for the Titans who were ordinary last week against the Warriors.
S3: Surely they bounce back the Cowboys after what we saw.
S2: Well they both need to because they both got.
S3: I know, I know but the one in particular everyone's talking about the Cowboys and the Roosters game aren't they. So I think they bounce back. I think they win.
S2: And then I and um Marnie are both out. Then I was with a hamstring and Marnie with that. So they have two pivotal players.
S1: Here's a stat. The Titans have conceded 104 points in the last three games at Cbus Super Stadium.
S2: Kick his ass, sea bass.
S3: You know what they think defense is.
S2: The thing around the.
S3: House. Davey used to use that one all the time. Do you remember that team? They think defense is the thing that goes around the ground.
S1: You like that one did you?
S2: That's a.
S3: Great one.
S2: Defense around the house.
S1: Friday night footy early game in New Zealand. Warriors $2. 45 with better Panthers dollar 55 Panthers.
S2: Well you know what piggy and leaves this Friday night is stacked. This is stacked. This game's because the Warriors at home. Um Penrith haven't got Dylan Edwards playing and uh Mitch Kenny still out. So if ever the Warriors are going to get the Panthers it's probably this game. But I just think as long as Nathan Cleary's there I just can't go against them. I just he's such a good he's such in a rich vein of form that I. I just can't go against the Panthers. I'm sorry.
S3: I'm going. The Panthers as well. They've got a great record against the Warriors. And I think they get the job done.
S1: Uh, Roosters. Bulldogs. Allianz Stadium better odds $1.35. Cookies $3.25. The Bulldogs. I reckon this is going to be a cracker.
S3: It's going to be a cracker. We're calling this one Friday night. And are you driving in.
S1: Are we carpooling?
S3: Yes.
S1: Okay.
S3: And, uh we're getting a car spot made.
S1: It's Wednesday, I don't.
S2: Know, and a happy Meal on the way home.
S3: Yes, please.
S1: They change the make smart meal outrage.
S3: Yeah, it gets a bit dirty on that one.
S2: This one? Someone should be right there. That's what someone should be right here for this podcast, a Big Mac, right?
S3: Oh yeah. A few of them on the table. Oh, I'm actually getting hungry.
S4: Hello.
S3: Yeah.
S1: What's your money? I mean, are you selling this podcast? Like, can we get Macca's? And what happened to the pies?
S4: Hey.
S2: We got he got better for us.
S1: Got better. Oh yeah. Got better.
S3: See you never get anywhere.
S1: Boom, boom. I'm going to say this to you. You're getting better every day, my friend.
S2: You are getting.
S3: Better. Um, this will be a great game, won't it? Yes. This will be an absolute cracker.
S1: Is there an echo in here? I think I just said that.
S3: Yeah, but I wasn't listening. Um. Roosters to win for mine.
S2: Um they will they welcome back Lindsay Collins um and Billy Smith. And they did that last week against the Cowboys without James Tedesco for 40 minutes of that second half. So they are they are the form them. The sharks are the four teams of the comp at the moment. Um but actually say sorry I'll include the Bulldogs in that because they have been on fire ever since kick out and Preston have come back into their pack. Um, that edge is scary. So uh roosters but I think it's going to be a real dog eat dogs. Excuse the pun. Game.
S1: All right, we go to Perth.
S4: So will I.
S1: Be.
S2: Going tomorrow?
S1: Are you going?
S2: Yeah. Leaving tomorrow or today? Whatever. You see this podcast Thursday.
S1: Hang on. Are you not working with me on Saturday? No outrage.
S3: I noticed that I'm on Saturday gals on as well. Oh no.
S1: I'm only joking.
S2: I think I think, um, Andrew Lucas has palmed you off for the power rankings. Given the Gao.
S3: I, I brush me.
S2: I know it's such a good job last time.
S3: Oh, I love with you. Super milligrams power rankings.
S2: Fight for it. Fight for.
S3: It.
S1: Did you say power?
S3: Power rankings?
S1: Hey! Come on. Um.
S3: Where are you going?
S2: I'm going to Perth.
S3: Answer it! Put him on the map.
S1: Where's Mabie? I reckon I know how I can get him to hang up. How's life at the Tigers?
S2: I'm doing the podcast. You're live now.
S1: You're live. G'day, mate.
S4: Yeah.
S1: Hang on. Got to say hello to the listeners. Hello.
S5: What's going on, lads?
S1: Oh, mate, just in here discussing all the big news in rugby league. Geez, we've had the boss on the phone. We've had Matt Guy on the phone.
S3: He's. He's doing a training.
S4: Don't answer. I'll call you later. Jay-Z.
S1: Jay-Z.
S4: I'm quick. I said don't answer a call. You later. Plead the fifth.
S1: What timing. He's a new Perth Bear for next year. Yeah. Um. Storm $2.15. That was gold. There's your little video clip for this week.
S4: Oh, wow.
S1: Storm $2.15. Manly $1.10 with better uh, Hbf Park in Perth.
S2: Well, he's ringing to see if I need a lift to the airport. I'm pretty sure tomorrow when I do. Um, yeah. So I'm going, uh, to the Perth Bears jersey reveals on Friday night.
S3: Oh, nice.
S2: So me and Billy Morrow flying over for it, and I'm catching up with all the extra or the ex Western Reds players at the game. Um, we're then walking for about a K from some place in the middle of the city to the ground with hopefully all the new jerseys.
S3: With the new jerseys. Yeah, yeah.
S2: So it's going to look good. Um, they can feel a bit of a momentum starting to pick up, you know, and I think this weekend will reinforce that once we get over there and um, so, uh, yeah, I think, I think storm, I don't know.
S3: Munsters Munsters back. That's a big one.
S2: That's a massive.
S3: Yeah. Massive because that then releases Wishart as well in a in a way, you know, like he goes back to nine.
S2: Um, and turbo and his brother are both out. I still think they've got the firepower, I think Manley.
S1: Question without notice him G Hbf park that's the rectangular one. Is that where the bears will play their home games. Yeah. Great.
S3: Yes. And another question for you.
S2: Perth Glory I think used to play there.
S3: Off the back of what you were just saying. Is there many of the old guys that still live over there that you played? Yeah, I know Matt Fuller's over there.
S2: Timmy Horan right over there. Chrissy Barrett um, Chris Devore there's about, I'd say at least eight.
S3: That live in Perth from there.
S2: 30 years ago. Been there 30.
S3: Years. Wow. That's cool.
S2: Well, that's the thing. I think that's what I've been trying to say about the Perth experiment. It's a lifestyle choice. Yeah. Because other than unlike the the PNG one where you can't see many of the players playing there, with all due respect to the PNG, but you can't see many players staying there after their ten years over.
S3: Yeah, they're not going to live there.
S2: No, they're.
S3: Getting.
S2: Out of there. In Perth you.
S3: Are. You might. Yeah, yeah.
S2: I would love to have still been there.
S4: Really?
S1: I like Perth.
S4: Oh it's beautiful.
S3: Yeah.
S2: It's so good. It's so good.
S1: Don't get me wrong. I'm happy in Sydney, but.
S2: Six. Are you looking for any voice over men?
S4: Oh my God, let's go.
S1: A long way to go for a voice over.
S4: Yeah.
S2: What about William Pike? You're looking for a stripper.
S1: You know, you can do voice overs from.
S2: I know, but I want to I want to go to Perth.
S1: Just give us a ride. Give us. You're the ground. Announcer. Game one Perth Bears are about to run on to Hbf Park. You're the grand dancer. What are you saying?
S4: Oh, this is what we've been waiting for. Perth. Yes, we've waited 30 years and now they're here. Let's give our boys a thunderous applause.
S1: Yes, I think he gets the gig. I think he gets the gig.
S3: Well done.
S1: Great stuff.
S3: Well done.
S1: Uh, let's keep moving. Suncorp. Saturday 530. Dolphins. Broncos. Queensland. Derby. Dollar. 44. Dolphins. Broncos $2.88. Starters.
S3: I can't go near. The Broncos cannot go near him at the moment. For the rest. Oh no no. You know what. I'm going to make a statement. I'm not backing him for the rest of the year.
S1: Because you've turned on Matt.
S3: That's tough isn't it? Yeah. Sorry. Maggi boy. Uh I'm going Dolphins. I think if the dolphins.
S2: Um, get moved.
S3: Uh, no. Sorry. Not just on this game. Just in general. If they can get on a run, get themselves potentially, possibly in the top four. I think they can still win the comp.
S2: Could be the first year we see someone getting 50 points put on the comp.
S3: I just love the Dolphins and the way they can attack. Um, and I think they've got a really strong forward pack. If they say stay healthy. I still think that the Dolphins can win the.
S2: Yeah, I'm with you. I don't know about winning the comp but who they get beat by recently 50 something.
S3: No they got 60 something Neil from the shark. That's right 6066 nil.
S1: Saturday night 730 Souths dollar 35 eels $3.25 Allianz Stadium. The cavalry's back as Souths play at their home ground aliens? Yes.
S2: Not just any cavalry, but Cam Murray, Dave and Tails Duncan, if you don't mind. Um, they are three strike forwards, man. And, uh, Parramatta kind of that game against the Tigers last week. You don't get any confidence from picking them against Souths this week, but stranger things have happened. Come on. I think Souths.
S3: Called the game on Sunday. Tigers versus eels.
S2: That was.
S3: It. Unlucky one.
S1: I was that a highlight of your year?
S3: It was the worst game of NRL I think I've ever commentated on.
S1: Hashtag talk up the game 30.
S3: There was. But there was 30 something errors.
S2: Yeah.
S3: 30 something errors in 80.
S2: Minutes and 20 of them and still won.
S3: And they still won. I don't know how they won. Obviously Dewey went with 8 or 9 minutes to go with the field goal. It's funny, I, I interviewed Dylan Walker after the game and I asked him about, you know, the finish and do his field goal and he goes, mate. As soon as he slotted it, I was saying to him, you've gone off too early, You've gone off too early, Dewey Crowe. And anyway, they ended up who was it they put away on that little play and. Yeah, and Moses did. And the eels got the win. But that game was horrendous. It was. It was a bludger.
S1: Who are you tipping? Sorry.
S3: Oh. Who do you think I'm tipping that eels. Eels.
S4: Yeah.
S1: Solid. Raiders. Knights. Gio Stadium. Sunday 2:00 Raiders dollar 80 Knights two bucks.
S2: This is the hardest one to pick. Piglet I think for the round I don't know Raiders. You can't get a form guide on what they did in Mudgee and Knights. Well I didn't expect them to beat Brisbane. So I'm just going to go for the home team here because it's going to be one degree when they're playing um Sunday Sunday at two I don't know. It's going to be cold.
S3: Oh I thought you'd done some research then. It's like really it's going to be one degree on Sunday.
S4: So sunny and 18.
S3: He's prepared. He's prepared. Actually I'm checking now.
S4: Okay.
S1: You know what? You might be right, because I do the weather for Canberra every day today as we record the podcast, there was a high of 13 degrees.
S2: Yeah.
S1: So it'll get it'll get pretty large.
S3: So it's 11 in Canberra at the moment.
S2: Okay.
S3: 11.
S2: So 2:00.
S1: On Sunday.
S3: I know, but I'm just saying. Well Sunday Sunday they're predicting rain 90% chance of rain.
S2: Well could snow they could play with Sean Garlick in the snow.
S3: Sunday's low will be three between 3 and 4 a.m.. Well that doesn't matter. Yeah. No. And the high will be ten degrees between 1 and 2.
S2: There we go.
S1: That's cold. And you doubted me. He was.
S3: Wrong. Well, he said one degree, one mate.
S1: He just forgot to put the zero temperature.
S2: I was clutching.
S3: The temperature range will feel like 3 to 7 degrees.
S2: Oh. Getting there.
S3: Wind will make it feel cooler than the actual temperature. So that's going.
S1: To be we might bring this up on the weekend. It feels like it feels like temperature. Hoo hoo.
S2: Why don't you just say that? Just say it. That's what it is.
S1: But who judges it? Obviously, you do the weather temperatures, you know, top of 18 degrees. Is there some bloke in Canberra going. Oh, geez, it feels like ten.
S3: Yeah, I think there is.
S2: I don't think anyone's come up with that.
S3: There's a bloke that walks out right. And he takes the measurement of the finger. His finger? No, he takes the measurement on the apparatus. You know that says the temperature. And he goes, right, 15 degrees. And then he strips off into his undies.
S2: Feels like.
S3: And he stays in for 30s. He says 15 degrees, feels like eight. And then he puts on his gloves.
S2: He lies in the snow and does the ice.
S1: Then he looked down and he said, maybe three. Um. Sunday we did. Raiders. Knights. Yeah. Dragons. Sharks. Local derby. Sunday 4:00.
S3: Oh how.
S1: Good. Jubilee Stadium. Kogarah.
S2: I hope it's good weather because I'd love to see. I'd love to see Nicho Hynes break the record. Um. In this game and I don't think if it rains, he won't be breaking anything. Uh, look, I can't go past Sharkies. They are, as I mentioned earlier, one of the form teams of the competition and Nicho Hynes and Braydon Trindall are just doing everything they've got to do on the back of a really good go forward. I must confess, I thought the I think that having the um, Adam Blake and, uh, Katoa, not Katoa. Talakai off the bench has been a masterstroke from Fitzgibbon because they've just been going so well that coming off the bench and they made an instant impact. So Sharky's to continue the vibe.
S3: Sunday's low will be eight degrees at Kogarah between 6 and 7 a.m., and the high will be 18 degrees.
S1: Between Bailey, can you just give us your tip?
S3: What do you reckon? Go the Dragons local derby mate form goes out the window.
S1: Well, you know what? The Dragons upset the Sharks at Kogarah and the corresponding 2025.
S3: Oh, don't worry, beware the wounded dragon.
S1: Alright, well, that's a look at the round. I think, uh, we got to do the tips. Uh, you know what my tips are this week? Yep. Souths to win into Marky Mark to score a hat trick.
S2: Hat trick, a hat trick. Yeah. Has anyone ever been cataloging your tips to say if we've won or not? Nah, haven't been going well. Okay, that's that's just.
S3: I'm going.
S2: To throw.
S3: Anything up. I'm going knights into dragons. That'll give you a. Okay.
S2: This is left field in the eight games on the weekend. There will be four indigenous players scoring tries. Get that in a multi option.
S3: Get that in a moment ago.
S2: For instance Thursday. Friday. Saturday. Sunday one from each game.
S3: You need one of them. And indigenous.
S2: Indigenous for four indigenous players will score this weekend.
S3: Well I think that's laid down there. Well I think they I think for indigenous boys that score every week.
S2: That's if you're playing poker or yucca lay down there isn't it.
S3: I don't know.
S1: Look I'm going to put it out there. I've got to wrap up. Subscribe go to YouTube. Um leave questions for the boys because we'll do them. Okay. Six.
S2: I'll go six indigenous.
S3: I have some balls. Eight. Ten. I'll go eight.
S1: This has been the weirdest podcast of the year. Thank you gents. Bye bye.
S2: You're the.
S1: Host. There they are, the boys. Mark my words. We've certainly marked your words today. Ladies and gentlemen, Mark my words. We'll be back Monday. Enjoy your footy indigenous round this weekend.