S1: Hi everyone. Welcome to the Mark My Words podcast. The boys are here ready to rock and roll. Hello to you.
S2: Hello, Marcus and Marcus.
S1: And a pig e.
S3: Levi m g I'm ready to go.
S2: You are today.
S1: What is with the pregnant?
S3: Did you like that pregnant?
S1: Pause the weekend with me. I'm like, oh, I'll drop off the pregnant pauses. They're losing their effect.
S2: Part of his shtick.
S3: But yeah.
S1: I'll give him something.
S2: He wants. He wants us up before the show with his story time.
S3: Story time's been lovely today.
S1: He's had a big week. The old pig star. We can't talk about that. Otherwise we might end up in some strife, although it couldn't be any worse than another coat at the moment. But that's a story for another day. Speaking of before the show, um, you've come in blowing up today. Yes, about television's night of nights. And I'm waiting on our invitation to the podcast Night of Nights. You've got a drama with the Logies.
S2: Oh, I'm not so much the Logies, not so much anyone individually, but it's they come up with the top 30 shows on Australian TV of all time. And look, I like Kath and Kim, but it's probably top ten but not number one. Um.
S3: Number one really.
S2: I should have the list with me. But it was, I thought to myself driving in today, what was, what's been your top maybe 2 or 3 shows of Australian TV.
S3: Oh well, home and away neighbours that have to be up there wouldn't they.
S2: They'd have to be. So you're you're too young to see police rescue. Oh, sweetie.
S1: Oh, Gary. Sweet. Sonya.
S3: I never got into it, mate.
S1: They have sold off the centre point tower. Yeah. The best.
S2: Um, look, I.
S3: Well, what's your number then?
S2: So when I was about 13, the show come on TV called prisoner with with be Smith. Doreen. Vinegar tits.
S3: Who's. Vinegar tits.
S2: That was. That's what they called the, uh, the guards.
S3: I need to watch this. Honestly.
S2: I went, what? They can't say that on TV. So prisoners. My favourite, I think because a lot of my viewing was from overseas, like The Brady Bunch and.
S3: The yeah.
S2: Happy days.
S3: Happy days.
S2: You know, all that stuff Gomer Pyle. But back home, I suppose, um, I was used to being the game shows used to be a show called Blankety Blanks with Graham Kennedy. And that was kind of up after or before that was Celebrity Squares where they'd sit in these squares, all the celebrities, and they'd have someone ask him a question and they'd they'd say if they were right or wrong. Um, but I think, I think.
S3: I've got one for you. What? It's a knockout.
S1: That's the name of the game.
S3: It's a knockout. Was that in the top 30? I think so.
S1: I don't think it was in the top 100.
S3: No, I loved it's a knockout. Yeah. Um. Four teams.
S2: It was good. How sad they.
S3: Are. That have to be in the top.
S2: It was top ten.
S1: No it wasn't in the top ten.
S2: Wasn't.
S1: It. Nope. No, it wasn't in the top ten. You know what it was in French. All right.
S2: Well that's all.
S3: I never got into it.
S2: I never got into it.
S1: Yeah.
S3: Country.
S2: Practice, practice. Practice was awesome.
S3: Yeah.
S1: Fatso.
S3: The wombat is.
S2: Made. I think they're better than neighbours. And home and away, a country practice.
S3: Yeah. I was very young with country practice, but I still remember it.
S2: Do me before you do. Um, do me a favor when you get home today. YouTube number 96 and the box. Oh, these were shows that I weren't allowed to watch as, like, eight, nine year old go to bed and I'd be in the hallway going.
S3: Whew!
S2: Now I know why he sent me to bed. You bastards.
S1: Well, boys, let's get into the rugby league component. There hasn't there hasn't been a lot of huge issues this week. I think the, uh, the Swans drama sort of taken the shine away from everything else that's happening on in the world. And we're not going to we're not going to comment about that because it's, um, it's before a police and there's an investigation and players have been stood down. But I wanted to start today, boys. I was just going to have a look at the, the ladder here quickly. Right. So we've got a couple of weeks left until finals. And I reckon the the positions in the top eight are really, really interesting. So you've got the Roosters on top after their win over the weekend. Panthers a second same points as the Warriors in third. You got the Dolphins two points behind them. That's the top four. The sharks are two points behind them. After the loss on the weekend. And the loss to the Dragons, Knights are also on 32. Missing some players which is an incredible story. Rabbitohs on 30 points in seventh. Cowboys in eighth spot on 28. You've got the Bulldogs in ninth on 26. The Sea Eagles storm Raiders on 24 points. Does the top eight stay that way? What changes if any, happens to that top eight boys.
S2: Your thoughts are it stays stays for mine only because the Cowboys have got to buy. And there's a guaranteed two points in this competition. I think the doggies needed to beat Souths last week. Yeah agreed. And we've kind of said that um last week on the on the continuous call team as well. But um look the Newcastle Knights and while I'm on that uh the sharkies could be held to pay as well. We're looking at a top two, top two spot for the sharks a month ago.
S3: Yeah.
S2: Now a top four looks out of sight as well because they've lost back to back against the Raiders. It was the Raiders Dragons Dragons and then yeah um on the weekend. So yeah look I um I think Newcastle Knights are the story. But after getting the wooden spoon last year, uh, now to have them where they are, I think guys like, um, Trey Mooney's been fantastic for them. I think Shannon Smith has been great great signing. But the coach is the biggest signing. Um Holbrook he's just been I know him pretty well because he played one year with me, um at Penrith while I was there in my second stint. He's a great bloke. Just a real, real good bloke, you know. He's just got a smile on his face all the time. He knows stuff tactically. Um, and the fact that they win games without their best players proves they're a good team. Because pong was out for a while. They were winning. Now the two Dylan's out injured. They're winning Bradman best was out there winning. So that means the coaching um at the Knights is top notch.
S1: Yeah. It's interesting you say that I, I never met Justin Holbrook until Vegas and we ran into him a fair bit while we're over there. You're right. He's a really.
S3: Good, great.
S1: Bloke. And I can see, like I was talking to a few of the Knights players in Vegas and then what he sort of instilled in the club and all that sort of thing. He gives them enough leeway, but he's also given them some standards that they need to go by. So he hasn't restrained the playing group. It shows, but he has put some structures in place, which clearly is working.
S3: Yeah, he's done a great job, a tremendous job. They've got a bye as well. Knights still got to buy up their sleeve, so they have done an unbelievable job for every reason, Milligan said. I don't need to go over it, but all those injuries and to still get them up, you know, there's that time, the period there where the two Dylans went down and you went there, done that, guys, you're right. And respectfully, I think a lot of people went, oh, they're done. Yeah. And the fact that he has been able to keep them together, oh, this is bad. But who's the young back rower McEwan. No, the other one.
S2: Oh. Uh no.
S3: Something. Layla. Is it.
S2: From Penrith? He couldn't make Jersey Flegg at Penrith.
S3: Really know the way he's playing at the moment. He's unbelievable.
S2: Yeah both back rowers are from Penrith right.
S3: Oh there you.
S2: Go.
S3: And done a great job with those sort of players as well hasn't he. Like he's unearthed some.
S2: Yep. And so I thought he's been out for a month. Yeah.
S3: Like far out.
S2: They are like we talk about teams like Souths who maybe with the trail back could win the comp. But someone like Knights could have the that could be the real big fairy tale. Yeah.
S1: Alright. I'm gonna put you on the spot here. Right. Because I think people are interested and will be interested in your thoughts. So I want you to rule a line through the team just by saying yes in terms of winning the comp when I say the name. Right.
S3: So so if.
S1: You say if I say the name and they can't win the comp, I want you to say no chance, no chance. All right. Roosters.
S3: Yes. Yes.
S1: Panthers.
S3: Yep.
S1: Yes. Warriors. Yes. Dolphins.
S2: No.
S3: Yes.
S1: All right then we go to the bottom for sharks.
S3: No. No.
S1: Knights.
S3: No. No.
S1: Rabbitohs.
S3: No.
S1: Cowboys.
S2: Nights.
S1: Rabbit eyes.
S2: Can. Rabbit eyes can with Latrell back.
S1: Okay, well, that.
S2: Wasn't there last year. Yeah, they missed him so much. And Taylor Duncan.
S3: Cody Walker playing Taylor. Duncan.
S2: Matt Duffy.
S3: Duffy was on fire.
S2: They weren't banking on these guys being like scouts weren't banking like the Roosters weren't banking on Hugo Zavala and Wyatt and, um, for Katie. Yep. Katie for coming. Forget about him. Forget him. Forget it.
S1: Yeah.
S2: He's. He's so good.
S1: So who's your grand finalist at this point?
S2: Oh, you gotta go. The top two teams at the moment, I think you can't go past. Look, I, I still think Roosters and Penrith um I'm going to watch closely. But because there's a there's some rumblings going on obviously that um you get the feeling that this indecision from Nathan about signing going to November 1st for the first time has sent shivers down the spines of the hierarchy at Penrith, which is, you know.
S3: As it would as.
S2: It would same as Walker at Roosters.
S1: Can I tell you the rumour that will not go away This. This, huh?
S2: Oh!
S3: Come on.
S2: Yes!
S1: Do it. Honestly, I have not. And I hate the rugby league rumour mill. But I've had so many people say that this is going to happen. And I haven't made any phone calls. And I want to stress. I don't know whether this is true. I don't know where it's come from. Ivan and Nathan to the roosters.
S2: Ivan. Nathan to the roosters. Wow.
S1: I keep I have heard it non-stop. I don't know whether it's true. It's the rugby league rumour mill that does my head in. I get emails, I get phone calls, I get text messages, and it just won't go away.
S2: Well, there's been a couple of announcements this year that have kind of made you go, what? Ivan's was one of them at Penrith when he said his last year would be his last. Next year would be his last. Payne Haas at Broncos has been another one. Mhm. Um Jarome Luai was one at the Chiefs. But I think that the Ivan one with Penrith that sent shivers down the whole hierarchy at Penrith. And now that Nathan's indecision is his own prerogative. You know, he's got every right to do what he's doing. But for the first time in his career, he's going to sit with the.
S3: See the market.
S1: But again, I want to say this though, when every time people tell me that, I'm like, surely not like Trent Robinson looks like he's got a job for life.
S2: Well, Trent Robinson, um. Holbrook and what Webster coaches of the year this year and Ivan's always in the in that that chat.
S1: What do you think when you hear that rumor.
S3: I just think why. Why. Well and would it fly in the face of what? Everything. Everything that Ivan sort of said about why he's leaving Penrith like isn't it? So he can relax and enjoy himself and yeah, spend more time doing what he wants to do.
S1: Again, I want to stress I'm throwing this out there because.
S2: I'm never.
S3: That's all that's all.
S1: You.
S2: Never you never bring up rumors.
S1: And you know I'm probably get hammered by people that are you know.
S3: Ivan was at the Roosters many, many years ago.
S2: He played for.
S3: Them. It's just a rumor.
S2: We keep hearing the Herbie Farnworth going there as well.
S1: So anyway.
S3: You never know.
S2: Anyway, you.
S1: Know what I'm standing and saying it now. I never did, I never delve into the rugby league rumour mill because seriously, it does my head.
S2: But you gave yourself a qualifier. Yeah, I heard.
S4: A rumour.
S3: Spreading.
S2: You had a broken heart, Ivan.
S1: Nathan. I'm sorry, I know.
S2: Look, now that young Jets coming back to Penrith for the. He wants to play under his dad and with his brother for a year. Obviously next year. Um. Where does Nathan sit amongst that. Does Nathan think. Well if my brother's coming back to Penrith, why should I leave when he's coming back. Probably to play five eight if he moves on.
S3: Yeah.
S2: So all these things that there's all these things that you don't know much about.
S1: But I look at Nathan Cleary and I look at Penrith, I'm thinking, well why would I stay at Penrith when I've achieved everything I need to? A lot of the blokes that I really get along with have left my my dad isn't going to coach me anymore. What's what's keeping me at the foot of the mountains.
S2: And go, and I'm with you. But and then go figure on that. For the last five years, most of that Penrith team have taken pay cuts to stay to win four games, to win four comps. It's worked. Now it's starting to break away a bit with Liam Martin the latest to say I'm waiting till November 1st. Yeah. After Brian Tuttle went and um, you know the year before and.
S3: Well they, they almost lost their CEO recently as well.
S2: Matty Cameron who did, who nearly signed with.
S3: Parramatta.
S2: Did he nearly or was he. Oh he's almost done this one. He's almost done.
S1: Is this nine.
S2: No it's not known. It's been another rumor.
S3: It's been out in public. I'm I'm pretty sure it's been out in public. You see they went they went really, really hard. I haven't even spoken to camo. I'll tell you now. I haven't spoken to chemo. It's been out in the media. But I think contracts were drawn up and everything.
S1: Wow. Good operator.
S2: He's a great operator and he often doesn't get the reps he deserves for that Penrith dynasty. Um, he is such a good operator.
S1: Um what's going on at Penrith. Everyone's jumping ship.
S2: Well I think I think they've kind of got to their like especially if they make the grand final this year. I think it's at the end of an era. Yeah. Um, and what a, what a freaking good era it's been like, we're never going to see, we're never going to see a team win four cups in our lifetime again, because the the other two two new teams in the competition. Third one.
S3: Talent. Talent spreads. Yep.
S2: Juniors everywhere. It's gonna be hard to keep your juniors. Yeah. That's out of everything they do in the game. If they want to reward anyone, they should reward clubs for bringing in juniors. I agree. And nurturing them.
S3: Development.
S2: They should be like a 1,520% salary cap exemption for all them guys who are happy with you. If you've blooded a bloke in your lower grades and for seven years, he stays with you. Once he hits that seven years, that's when he's he gets the exemption.
S3: Well, he should get dispensation on your salary cap, shouldn't you? Surely if you develop a kid, bring him right through your system, then he spends seven years there. He should be salary cap exempt. Yep. Why shouldn't he? I agree. The other. That's the incentive to develop kids and bring them through. Keep them at your club.
S1: The other thing that I've heard recently was actually floated by Paul Gallen on.
S3: You're hearing a lot of things.
S1: No, no, no, but it's something that was floated and it's a genuinely good idea. I think um Gao floated this on 100% footy a few weeks ago, and I asked him about it on the weekend, and I'd love to get your thoughts, especially, um, having played in sort of local footy. He suggested the NRL rather than just investing money into local leagues. He used the example of Jeremy Latimore and Chad Townsend and Andrew Fifita playing for one of the junior clubs in the A grade competition in the Shire for feeder, for feeder, and he said there were 4000 people there watching it. So you think about the money that's made at the canteen, the money that's made over the bar. It's that's how you're putting money back into junior clubs. Is there merit in the idea of the NRL paying former players? Not a huge amount of money, but to go and play local park footy?
S2: 100%, of course there is, because I've experienced it. When I was in my peak of my powers playing a few minor. I was 25, you know, right in the middle of my career and I was playing there and just to have one bloke from the NRL New South Wales Rugby league back then. Go to a club like that. I think their gates were up by like 2028 or something. Yeah, it was just amazing. When they see someone that they see on TV and they and all, mostly all they seem like get your head bashed in. But yeah. Um, yeah, it works, but it's working on the Shire.
S1: Well, the, the, the angle that sort of gal went with and, and I'm not suggesting there's any corruption or bad things that are done, but if you hand money over to a club, right. Just a grant from the NRL or whatever, can you be confident it's going to be used?
S2: Well then you've got so many people who have access to that same money.
S1: Exactly.
S3: Yeah, I.
S1: So if you're investing in a former player to go and play for a club that is bringing people through the gates, spending money over the bar and through the club, is that a better way of doing it?
S3: 100% it's a great idea. I think it's unreal. I think the fact that you allocate an X amount of dollars, those former players apply. Yep. Along with their club, you're only allowed one at each club, so it spreads the talent around and doesn't, you know, you don't get these super teams with all boys all playing 30 grand or whatever. You get 30 grand, you apply to the NRL, the NRL say, yep, we want you to go and play for this club. Yep. We approve that club that you want to play for. Bang. See you later.
S2: That's a great.
S3: Idea. But the other one that gal brought up, which I thought that was going to be, he brought up to me the other day. I'm sure he did. I'm sure it was gal paying junior referees more money, like good money to try and get more referees refereeing our game. Yep. Get more refs in because they actually go, okay, well I'm getting a decent earn here. Hey to then bring them all through into into developing more referees for a game. Were you saying it the other day? We're going to need more.
S2: I would take that one step further. I would. Every club's getting a centre of excellence. Yeah every club gets one. Why not put that aside for referees, for young kids coming through.
S3: Coming.
S2: Through like those who can't play our game, who want to play it.
S3: Referee.
S2: There's a centre of excellence where you go and then they get more respect. If they've got a centre of excellence, we go, oh, what the referees now? Yeah. And you get you get first graders visiting them and talking. And that whole caveat of us versus them has got to change because it's, you know.
S1: Well, just on that, MJ and, and I'd say this to any parent that might be listening or any, you know, younger person who might be listening that this might shock you. But when I was at school, I, and I actually said this to you in your podcast, I, I didn't like the contact sports like I'd, I'd play footy in the park, but I didn't. And I was a bit of a sook right back when I was young. Timid kid, believe it or not. Very shy considering what I do now. But as soon as I. Because I love rugby league and I'm like, how can I get involved? And I saw this thing. It was become a referee. The best thing I ever did was become a referee. It got me out of my shell. It taught me how to manage things. It it brought confidence out in me and made me a stronger person. So if there's a timid kid listening or a mum or dad that thinks, look, my son or daughter loves rugby league but doesn't like the contact, become a referee. You can get involved and might come the end of the season, I'd get like five, six, 7000 bucks.
S2: Far.
S1: Out just from the accruing the money throughout that junior rugby league season. So there's a nice little, um, gold mine at the end of it as well.
S2: You put that with your paper run, you get a lot of money.
S3: Oh yeah. I was a paper boy.
S2: Dude. Do you have.
S3: The milk crate on the front and the back of the pushy?
S2: What about Sunday mornings? But you can imagine, like, these days. I used to take the big pouch around.
S3: Yeah, bum.
S2: Bag and have notes everywhere. On Sundays I get both the Telegraph and the Herald, and Sunday was like, you couldn't do it. These days you get robbed.
S3: Yeah, I know, that's why they stopped it.
S1: I don't know whether I should share the story, but I will.
S3: It's not story time.
S1: Well, you guys do story time, but just. I was a paper boy, right? And I practiced my whistle technique when I was growing up. But I used to stand at the five ways at Rockdale. And across the road is an establishment called the Black Garter, which let's just say is frequented by lonely men.
S2: Okay.
S1: And the girls used to come out and buy the paper off me to make sure that their ads were in the personal section in the paper. So I used to get handsome tips from, let's just say, the lovely ladies that would come.
S3: And say tips, give me a.
S1: Give me a $20 note and get me to the papers back then. Or $1.20.
S2: So now when you go back in, they say, remember me?
S3: Yeah.
S2: So that's all I remember me.
S3: Here's all those tips I remember.
S1: I remember Steve and Mark Waugh stopping at the lights and selling them papers.
S2: Like that's.
S1: Great. So cool. Yeah. Anyway, that's just story telling me that no one cares.
S2: No. Fantastic.
S1: Um, Billy Slater's quit Queensland. Who's going to take over? I see Darius Boyd's put up his hand.
S2: I said that on Saturday. Everyone said. Everyone goes. What? Darius Boyd.
S3: Yeah, he's coach Queensland.
S2: And he's had a good like he's he's won the last two series.
S3: It'd be interesting to see that he's.
S1: I hope he's ready to do media and not give one word.
S2: Well, he's gotta be better.
S3: He's better.
S2: Now. He's gotta be better than that. And I've seen him recently on a few things. And that's why I threw his name up, because out of all the the nominations and all the candidates, I thought, well, you've got to have some inkling of the game. Unless you're like, Billy Slater is the best fullback we've ever seen. He knows everything about everything. But Darius Boyd has a really, really good origin record. He's got actually got a good record in rugby league. Yeah. Um, you know, I I'm not telling Queensland to suck eggs because I don't care who they get. But I thought Darius Boyd would be Theo's name pops up as well. I think he'd be probably good as well. Um, but yeah.
S3: They're running out of candidates.
S2: Ken Smith Both not done. Billy Walters not Billy Walters. Kevin Walters Billy Walters should be coaching. Uh, Kevin knocked it back. Yeah. And I, I thought he would be feverish and getting it back. But the the obviously the Australian jobs enough for him.
S3: Yeah. Yeah. No Smithy. I thought Smithy might have. Yeah.
S2: It's a big it's a big.
S3: Smithy's uh, committed to the family. I'd love to. Down on the Goldie.
S1: I'd love to see Johnathan Thurston do it knowing what he's like down on the sideline with you.
S3: Oh, could you imagine JT in the box?
S1: That'd be great.
S3: I watch.
S2: His heart rate would get.
S3: Up. Oh, mate, he's up and down all on the sidelines. Big decision. Yeah.
S1: Um, few other, uh, dramas. Reece Walsh, he's out for the season. Um, a bit of hip drop drama. Yeah. Uh, Madge's fate at the Broncos is a story out today. Um, Martin to Powell has spoken out about how he nearly died in an ice bath after pre-season training. Look, there's an axe to grind there because he got sacked for liking a photo about that was critical of Michael Maguire. Stephen Crichton touching the ref.
S3: MM. I reckon I nearly died a few times.
S2: Training.
S3: With Madge.
S1: I thought you're talking about the Knights in the cross?
S3: Oh, no, that too. But, uh. Oh my God. Anyway, it's not story time.
S2: No, but he's my trainer.
S3: G'day, Madge. I love you, mate.
S1: Get her to give me 20.
S2: Um, there has been, like, uh, enough is enough type attitude from him. You got the thought, uh, after last weekend's game, when he kind of did the first time this year, he's gone hard on his players. Yeah, he's predicted them all year.
S3: Backed him all year.
S2: Yeah. But he said, no, I can't do it anymore. So you know that there have had a shit year. When he says.
S3: That.
S1: Is he what he he sprays like he sprays like unbelievable.
S3: Well mate, I coached me 15 or 16 years ago, so it's a long time ago and I'm sure he may have.
S2: As the start of his his voyage.
S3: It was the first head coaching job he ever got and he won the comp with us.
S1: Yeah. Okay.
S3: Well, um, he he can spray. Well, he sprayed me.
S1: I must admit, I'm surprised Stephen Crichton didn't get cited by the match review.
S2: Well, I, I saw it and I thought, um.
S1: What he was doing.
S2: Of course he did.
S3: He's too smart.
S2: And there should have been a try to Hubner. It should have been a try. Um, it's not his first rodeo, put it that way.
S3: He knew what he's doing.
S2: He knew he was doing.
S1: I thought maybe a little fine or something.
S3: Yeah. We're going to get new games.
S1: Clint Gutherson. He's out for the season, too.
S3: Yeah.
S1: What? What's what's happened with Gutho?
S3: I know you're telling me you're dragons.
S1: You tell me. Just before he came, we came in. Oh.
S3: It's already come out.
S1: So what is it? What's he.
S3: Done? I think he went and saw a surgeon and then had to have surgery. Yeah. So he missed the last three games.
S1: Usually what happens when you go to a surgeon?
S3: Well not necessarily. He went with his results to see what he'd have to do.
S1: Yeah, but what's he done?
S3: Oh, I've got no idea.
S1: Okay. Fair enough.
S3: That's a good sign, mate. You know what, Daniel Atkinson, a fullback last week, was great. Unbelievable.
S2: Yeah, it could be. That could be sport.
S1: Let's get into the games we do that for better. Stay ahead of the game with better download the better app. What are you really gambling with? Better download the app. Go to the website. We start Thursday night footy at Aami Park. Storm 320 outsiders Panthers dollar 35 favourites.
S2: Ivan Cleary coaching his 500th game is massive. Well done Ivan. Wow. Harry Grant is back from a hamstring injury and Casey McLean is back.
S1: 0MG, can I interrupt for a second?
S2: Go for.
S1: It. $3.20 Melbourne.
S2: That's so juicy.
S1: Oh yeah.
S2: You've got to. Especially with Harry Grant back. Yeah it's obviously that's a really good sign. I mean that's he could have said they can't play finals footy this year. The storm and the fact that he's coming back. That's that's a that's a team man. That's a team that could have been worse off and trained like make sure his hamstrings are 100%, not 7580. But that gives me such a good, you know, good feeling when I see our best players making themselves available to come back and help their team.
S1: The more I think about it, I'm going to take a bit of that. 320 with better, beautiful stuff.
S3: I'm going Panthers.
S1: Out at Aami Park.
S3: Yeah.
S2: Um, yeah I'm going.
S3: Let me just check. Nathan Cleary's in.
S2: Yeah that's right. Yeah. I'm not going to get him until.
S3: Nathan Cleary's in. I'm happy to go with him.
S1: Uh Raiders Broncos Gio Stadium early game on Friday the better odds $1.36. Raiders 315 the Bronx.
S3: Mate this is uh is this Josh Papalii last.
S2: Year they've changed. Um yeah. What's the other call down there.
S3: Seaford is it. No, that's the old one. You played at Seaford.
S1: That's Queanbeyan isn't it.
S3: Yeah, the old one.
S2: Queanbeyan. I'm going.
S3: As if it's not going to be the biggest party ever. Ever.
S2: Yeah.
S3: Rick's Walsh's boys will be all pumped at the Raiders to send him out.
S1: Hasn't he been a war horse.
S3: Get on the Raiders.
S1: Unbelievable.
S3: Yeah. Good luck.
S2: There. Probably this round's best thing the Raiders.
S1: Raiders to beat the Broncos in that one. Good luck to you big Papa. And do yourself a favor on social media. Check out his young bloke. Isn't he a character? Oh, yeah. What do they call him? Little lion kid or something? Yeah. He is a huge.
S3: Social media following.
S1: Uh, Dolphins. Eels. We're doing this one on Friday night. Piglet, you, me and Joshua. Dollar 25 dolphins, eels, $4 outsiders at Suncorp with better.
S3: Short the dolphins. And I'll be on them.
S1: Sherwin Cobos hundredth game 100%.
S2: And he's been one of the most improved players this year, if not the boy of the year. So I can't go against the Dolphins in this one either.
S1: We go to Saturday 3:00 Knights dollar 39 manly, three bucks. McDonald Jones Stadium.
S2: Couple of massive wins for the Knights. Uh. Bradman best returns Jacob Saifiti back after six games. Gagai is out but also for manly. Turbo is back. So is Ben. So they might have they might not have it their own way for the first 20 or 30 minutes the Knights. But in the end I think they're gonna have too much.
S3: Yeah they will. Yeah. I like the Knights as well up there at home. I think they get it done.
S1: The mighty Bunnies are up against the Warriors. 530, of course. Stadium. Oh. Where are they on Saturday? Yes. 240 outside as the bunnies. dollar 57 the wires.
S2: That one name sticks out, doesn't it? On the extended bench Latrell Mitchell. So if he plays, he's not playing well. The worry is in.
S3: Have you got.
S2: He's got a scoop.
S1: No, I just got told he's not going to play.
S3: Who told you?
S1: He said he's close, but he's not going to play. He's told you. Can't tell.
S3: You.
S2: Like Teddy last week.
S1: I don't give up my sources.
S2: You're not a snitch.
S1: You eat him. Actually, you know what I. I brushed the old source. I'm going for mustard on mistakes.
S3: Are you really.
S2: Just have lime, lime juice, lime juice.
S1: Just a little bit of seeded or Dijon. Beautiful.
S2: Well, DC chili oil.
S1: Tip.
S3: Chili chili.
S1: Oil.
S2: DC.
S1: Now I'll start sweating.
S2: I know you don't.
S3: Know what I've been putting on my lunch at work.
S2: What?
S3: Sriracha. Oh beautiful.
S2: Yeah. I love a little bit of spice chili.
S3: A little bit of chili.
S2: Just a.
S3: Little bit.
S1: Watch Kewpie mayo, by the way.
S3: Oh, I've got that at home. I love.
S2: My kids.
S3: I swear by my kids.
S2: Eat. Yeah.
S1: Oh, there's.
S3: With the red lid. Yeah.
S1: There was a kid carrying on in the Coles supermarket all the other day. I won't keep him. I'm like.
S3: That's the best. What is it? The Japanese mail? Yeah. Pretty sure.
S1: But we have it like Himalayan rock salt.
S3: But it's just. It's just salt instead of normal mayonnaise. We always buy kewpie mayo.
S1: But what's the.
S3: Difference?
S2: It's the. It's the bottle that squeezed the shit out of. And the red lid.
S3: It's just.
S1: Can I just ask the question again? What's the.
S3: Difference? It's nicer.
S2: I don't.
S1: Have mayo.
S2: I don't have mayo, so I wouldn't know.
S3: Like some of your stories.
S2: My kids.
S3: Love mayo.
S1: Like what?
S2: Oh.
S3: Exactly.
S1: Can you just give us a tip?
S2: What are you talking. The story about the Warriors. What about? He's trying to smother the other. The other day, about 20 minutes ago. About saying he was a paper boy when he saw that the ladies in leisure. Oh, yeah. Not last week when he went there.
S3: Picked up the paper there as well.
S2: Yeah. What'd you read, Playboy or what?
S1: Shut up, you idiots! Dragons and bulldogs.
S3: This is the upset of.
S5: The Red.
S1: Dragons.
S3: Dragons going.
S1: Can I give the odds?
S3: No. Three from three.
S1: Talk about going off before acceptances. $2. 65. The Dragons. Bulldogs shorties dollar 48 at Allianz.
S2: Uh! I can't go against the doggie. Sorry. I just think that they're going to come out breathing fire. Um, they've got to play better if they want to play finals. Footy. This is the game they must win. But gee, I've been impressed with the Dragons. So impressed in the last month of footy. It's um.
S1: What about this? That the Dragons have conceded 237 points in five straight losses at Allianz Stadium.
S3: Yeah, that's because they've had to play roosters on Anzac Day. Yeah. And they've been flogged 60 points.
S1: That's on you Shane Flanagan. No good.
S3: Yeah. Flanno do we see him. Are we saw him on the weekend. So why did you go all quiet there. You're not happy with him?
S1: Oh, I just remembered. I forgot to bring him back the other day. So you're going Bulldogs.
S2: Bulldogs.
S3: And dragons.
S1: Obviously. Sunday 2:00. Titans and Sharks. Sharks dollar 48 at Cbus and Titans.
S2: $2 danger game for sharks.
S3: Is it danger. Yeah it does smell like it that.
S2: Smells like a big upset.
S3: Oh.
S2: And out.
S3: Yep.
S2: I'm. I'm on Titans.
S1: What's the go with Trindle? How long is he going to be out for.
S3: You know they're not. Yeah they're not no operation.
S2: So he should be good by the if they they're going to play finals footy.
S3: So that's good. Well that's what you do isn't it. Like if there's any chance of you playing you say well I'm just going to.
S2: Put him in cotton ball. Cotton ball cotton.
S3: Wool might go in for a cat and ball.
S1: Now just call into the Black Garden.
S3: We've got a cat theme today. Don't we?
S2: Just got the star casino.
S1: Um, did you tip your mate?
S3: I think I think you've convinced me, Titans as well.
S1: Uh, and then to wrap up the round Roosters dollar six, West Tigers, $9 aliens.
S2: Good money for the Tigers. Please do. He's out. Uh, who's shoulder surgery returns after missing the Dragons game due to illness.
S3: Solomon Sikora scored a couple of good.
S2: Yeah he's good. He's been killing it in New South Wales.
S3: You said that.
S1: Teddy.
S2: Teddy's back. Teddy's back.
S3: Oh, mate, I'm not going past the roosters either.
S2: But it won't be. It won't be 80 points. Like. Come on.
S1: Alright. That's the. That's us. That's the round. Uh, bets. What are we thinking for?
S3: Okay, well.
S1: Piggy's pick.
S3: I'm going Dragons and I'm gonna. I might have a look. They're all shorties. Yeah.
S1: Oh. Can I give you mine? I'm going storm to win at $3.20. And a big Josh Papalii to barge over for a try.
S2: Okay. My, uh, multi is the Roosters and Tigers to score over 50 points.
S3: And that's the Roosters.
S2: That's that's combined. And I think that uh young that young guy will score and I think Robert will score. Oh they'll pay about eight bucks.
S3: I'm going to go the Dragons. Titans upsets. Okay. That'll pay about six $7.
S2: 6767 in heaven. Do you know six seven is.
S1: No.
S2: You lost.
S1: Weight. Oh, a little bit, yeah.
S2: Just notice it. Then on your profile you start to see your jaw. Oh no. Like.
S3: If that's not the best backhanded compliment ever, I don't know what is.
S1: Oh geez. What great encouragement. What about you Levi? I'm starting to see your jaw. Thank you very much.
S2: Like one of them. You know.
S3: I dig the chiseled Kirk Douglas.
S1: Don't dig the.
S2: Kirk.
S3: Douglas Dirk Diggler.
S2: He's got that thing in his thing. Yeah.
S1: I'd come out to MG active, but it's a little bit early to get out there for gym.
S2: I'm doing online programs. So maybe want to take an online program.
S1: What do you mean online programs?
S2: Well, one of our reels just got 4.8 million views online.
S1: So what do you train people online?
S2: So I'm going to send them people who overseas might want to join the family and start working out from their own country.
S3: With.
S2: A, with a program that I send them.
S1: What if people start emailing you and.
S3: Say.
S1: Hi m g. Can I have an online program? But can you do it in the nude?
S2: That's OnlyFans.
S3: That's. Yeah. Get on board. Yeah. It's another layer.
S1: Righto. We're gonna lunge all of a sudden anyway. Is that a thing?
S2: Lunging lunging.
S3: Yeah. Yeah it's squatting.
S2: Did legs this morning.
S3: I've been training m g.
S2: I know you.
S3: Have two weeks.
S1: It's gonna become boring.
S3: He's making me squat. Leg press. Yes, the old Bulgarian squats. The bumblebee's not taking too well to it. Especially when I need a new one.
S2: Yeah, I know. And I've been lucky with my knees and hips.
S3: You don't need it. No need. I gotta have a new one before I'm 50. New knee. Yeah. The surgeon said.
S2: Well, once you get it, that's.
S3: It. You just. You decide when to have it as when you can put up with the pain or not.
S1: Look, I can't contribute to the fitness chat, so let's wrap it up, eh?
S3: Okay. Okay. See you next week. Bye bye.
S1: Bye bye. There they are, the boys Mark My Words podcast. See you Monday. We'll be back for another edition. Enjoy your footy. Come on, you rabbit out.