Speaker 1: And now to talk with this booty, footy, sport and life life member of the West Coasta. It was one hundred ninety four games twenty eighteen Premiership player will Scofield today, will hello.
Speaker 2: Sim that use your covering the big stuff in it today? Is it an Australian to have to buy a bunting?
Speaker 1: Say with a QR code? What's the Yes is the nose? And yes it is one hundred and two. It's un Australian nose?
Speaker 2: Are three? You said one hundred and three? You said one and two hundred three, it's one hundred and two to three? Yeah? Is that one sided, isn't it? Why didn't you have any money? Because I'm a have you given the context you just gave me off off air.
Speaker 1: I didn't have any cash. I went to two Bunnings and I had to had to do it at the second one put.
Speaker 2: You at gunpoint to buy off a QR code. I wanted to have a charity. I wanted to buy health charity. Simon Bowmore didn't have any cash, so that's you know what was worse? So they're on Australia. I didn't have my glasses. I couldn't put the QR code. I'd probably know he chucked me down for to take it way well, because they're just trying to make money for probably for a charity. And you're winging about scanning a QR code that we all have to do for everything. Well that's the point, isn't it. Why should we have to do it for everything? Mate? Well, if you don't want to then carry cash, well I don't want to carry cash either. The preit thing you do want to do there the previous Saturday he was able to use tap and go. It changed in a week. So you've got the poor old charities just trying to scrape through. You wanted to go buy a square rader, you wanted to go fill out.
Speaker 1: It was the perth improvised Theater Society. They didn't get my got to go and see that together.
Speaker 2: We could do it. We could actually do it. We could sign I think we do it here every Monday, to be honest. Now listen, here's a stat for you and we'll get onto. We head onto. How you saw the last round?
Speaker 1: Will sco filled with this gun football analyst, gunplayer, man of strong opinion, usually backed up by good argument. So between in the West Coast Eagles ones and the West Coast Eagles two's scuy sixteen wins in the last four three and a half seasons out of one hundred and forty nine games. If I've done a mass right, I'm getting it. It's getting a little long in the tooth for me. It's going and I'm a die hard. Yeah, love footy. I go and watch something else.
Speaker 2: You know. I watched the rabbit Os they lost as well. So you said I'm over it. I'm sick of it.
Speaker 1: I listened to it, listen to you know, listen to my mates and the radio. But I'm a why three and a half hours? You can do something else?
Speaker 2: Can I gardening? Go to Bunnings? Can I put to you that you don't support West Coast or any team for that matter, if you're a Melbourne supporter or a North of Melbourn supporter or Richmond, I don't think you support to win every weekend. It's about hope, though, mate, isn't it. Yeah so you're not so, But you've just backed your argument. Three and a half seasons, I've not seen much hope. Good good at arguing with facts. Back to your argument. You know, I'm a sagittarian. I'm a feeler. Did think you're a sagittarian, but you've just backed it up with win loss. I don't think it's about that. You just need hope. I don't need hope. Would you believe Simon Bowmont and everyone who's listening out there today, thank you for joining us. I have woken up highly positive about West Coast. I actually have have you been drinking, cooking, sharing or something? Been drinking anything? I looked at the game yesterday and I know they were so poor in the first quarter. Andrew mcqualter and Fox Footy, where I was working the games, said that they were pathetic. Pathetic in the contest was his summation of the first quarter, which is one thousand percent right. But from that moment on they weren't very bad. They're in fact pretty good and competitive too late their mate in it. I look at West Coast lists and I did this exercise this morning with our good friend Mark Reddings. I went through West Coast lists that played on the weekend. I don't know in the last three years that I've ever woken up feeling as positive about individuals in that side as I ever have in three years than today. Did you do this at the shoe bar with speak? Can I tell you? Can I tell you? I go through the list right now, I do it right now for you. Okay. Who I think, by the eye can play regular consistent games of football for West Coast that played yesterday. And I'm telling you this with context. At the start of this year it was probably under ten. If it was a team named for Round one, I probably had about ten or twelve that I was a yes, lots of maybes and a few nos. Let me go through the list. Tyrell do twenty seven disposal. He is a yes. He can be an AFL football consistently. I think he definitely can. Tom McCarthy superstar West Coast, best player on debut, so yes. Graham, Yes, we know he already is. He's a Premiership player. Harley Reid definitely. That was his best game on the weekend this year. Harley Reads a definite yes. Elijah Hewitt definite yes. Looks it's like Chris Judwin at stages. Liam Duggans a captain. We know he already is. Bailey Williams. That is a yes for me. Bailey Williams. He kicked three goals. He can be an AFL player. I'm not saying they are Bonton Pelly and Patrick Cripson, Nat Fife and his, but I'm just saying the potential of these players. Yes. Jack Williams big, Yes, Maybe not from yesterday's game, but I've seen enough from him to know that he can play AFL football. Ruben Jimby absolutely absolutely yes, will be in the leadership group for many years. Ryan Marrick He's one that's gone to a completely new level this year. That's a big yes for me. Liam Baker already is premiership player. Matt Flynn can be the West Coast ruckman. Don't worry about Darcy Cameron, don't worry about Luke Jackson or whoever else is available. All Right, Matt Flynn can be a ruckman. He can be competitive. Bo Allen Yes, by the eye he is a Yes, he can be an AFL player. Jack Hutchinson Yes, tackles harder than anyone in this site. Liam Roy already is. Jamie Crips already is. Tyler Brockman is a maybe for me. Clay Hall haven't seen enough of him. Sandy Brock Yes, he can be a competitive key position player in the AFL. Oscar Allen already is, Tim Kelly already is, Jadan Hunter has proven himself and Harry Edwards is a yes for me, although injured yesterday. Almost every one of them is a yes. They can be AFL players. And the context that you need to remember is there was lots of nose at the start of this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, and I've been as negative as anyone on West Coast this year. Bowie, I'm over at too, Bowie says John, sick of being grumpy on Mondays. No, it's not un Australian on the sausages because the sausage are probably not Australian. Very own Australian, says Jude. Not having cash is very un Australian, says Shane. And yes you stick and still buy sausages with cash, Chris says Eagles, don't man aunt.
Speaker 2: Don't give up on your team, says Bev.
Speaker 1: I like this one. This is what you were saying. You're backing up with some sort of data based it's.
Speaker 2: Not data, it's just watching them player. I'm saying, rule a line through people and most of them are yes.
Speaker 1: Beevsis don't get up on your team, Simon, every team goes through cycles are winning and losing. I'm totally that he was not playing well. I'll never get on the team to be forty nine years to win their next premiership nineteen seventy three, then then one eight out of eleven.
Speaker 2: I think. So I don't see that, but thank you for your thoughts. Give us a call if you agree with me or disagree. I'm very happy to take calls on disagreements with my issummation of these players. But you know, I do like to think I just call it as it is, and I've been highly critical of West Coast for a number of years now. I think Andrew McWalter wakes up after the last four week five week patch of games and thinks I've got something to work with here.
Speaker 1: All right, it might be an aggregation thing. Skoey rabbit o's lost strain cricket team lost, East Perth lost.
Speaker 2: That's why you're cranky. Yeah, the Aussie cree point lost. Mate. What's the point. Seriously, I'll tell you what Test cricket in June, in wherever they play in England, South Africa and Australia. In England, I mean, have we seen a more irrelevant trophy in the history of world sport. Who cares? Nobody cares. I had to call it to that championship and Papalia and Foreman. They're given me weather updates and bloody scores more than the footy scores. We are in footy season. I don't care if Australia lost the world. You've got to run out for a diamond duck an your last game, first and last time opening the batting John College, nine bees.
Speaker 1: And now you're listening to Perth Today and Sport with will Scofield. Hello Jan Schofield if you're listening, hope you're going well. Of course she's listening, Maureen, Hello, Jane Moreen, gooday, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: How are we good?
Speaker 2: Marine? What have you got for us? Really good?
Speaker 4: I just ringly just tell you that I'm an wasn't a normal member of Eagles. I've always barried for them. I'm never ever going to win the footy tipping because I picked them every week. My solution is and my some laughs at me when I say this, or I think you've got the team, you've got the coach, you have the committee, you have the leaders, or you need to I went to say it, and a new skills coach.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you may So it's really interesting on skills. I think it's something that you can't just get a new skill coach in. Your skills get better and better and better as your career goes on, and like you can recruit people to the football club that don't have great skills and you actually develop them into pretty good, proficient AFL skills. You're not going to have Lewis Jetters like you can you know you don't. You can't train to be Lewis Jetter decision maker and kicker like him, but you can become a you know, pretty good skillful player. When I got drafted, for instance, I don't think really my my kicking was a strength. And through the middle of my career, after I got to spend five five years as an AFL football elite training every day, my kick got a lot better, to the point where I was kicking out like they give them to the best kicks, like I was kicking out for probably three or four years there. Then SIMI I revoked my kicking out license. But that's another story. You can train your way into being a better kick, but it's I would say, in my opinion, not necessarily up to the coaches, up to the players. Skillful. He's got a skilled brand new player. Yeah, Patrick Voss Yeah for free. Yeah, he's skillful. Just found him. How good is he?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 2: What do you mean I'm brands spanking you and he's skillful? What do you mean he's brand spanking you?
Speaker 1: He's been on three this Yeah, but he's bloody skillful for the amount of AFL games he played, doesn't he?
Speaker 2: But it's time on list, is what I'm saying. It's time in the system. Training can do all right? You win again? Thank you? Hello, Steve?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Can I will? Could I Simon? Hey, guys, I'm showing my buyers see you, so forgive me on that. That's look, guy, it's a whole media outlet, including you guys, and rap it on about how the West West Coast Eagles list is. For the first thirteen games of this season, the dockers the field of the youngest team both in average games and average age, and doesn't get the media attention that the Eagles do.
Speaker 2: Please Steve, Steve, mate, I promise you haven't heard enough of me, mate, Like every second word that comes out of my mouth is how young the Dockers. Are they have the youngest list. You're exactly right, Steve to say that my critique of the Eagles list just then was about the Eagles. Well, of course it was. They just played Fremantle's list is the youngest in the competition and we know that. You know who actually hasn't probably pushed that out enough, Steve, is your football club. At the start of this year and the start of last year. The messaging was we are here to win a flag this year. Yet you have the youngest list. That is a mistake by man. And now I'm not going to critique them too hard because of it, because they have to come out and you know, you live and dieban the sword with this one, you're going to come out and you've got to be aggressive and all of that. But the messaging wasn't how young you were. The messaging from your football club. So please don't say and please don't say I'm included in bias. I'd tell you what, I'm the most negative West Coast man going around.
Speaker 1: So that's in the year of the Beholder, Steve, and I just be cranky today, but that's crank, that feeding dead set gobshite, bollocks everything one double three eight, euty two free dinkum, that's all right.
Speaker 2: No stas it? No I he allowed to have that, Yes he.
Speaker 1: Is, But I think it's not true. I think I was one of the first to call the Eagles man. The Freo management are very young. They were very young when they appointed Long. You were, Peter Bell, Garlic, all those guys were a young management group as well. So I've always thought optimissy and make you know what, make they show hope every week, Let ticker and.
Speaker 2: They have a crack. Let me tell you about Freeman or then Steve, if you want some you know whatever, I'll just tell you about Free and not for another reason than I will to start this year, and I spoke about this, could not stand up in the moments. The reason they were losing games was because no one would stand up when it was there to win. They were fumbly and a moment was there to be taken. They didn't take it across the board and probably because of their youth, but they weren't doing it. The last two weeks They've had moments. They had to have moments. So Gold Coast right, and then this game here. It doesn't matter what happened in the games with five minutes to go, the games close, and in both games people stood up, I mean this week and just gone big boy football from Josh Tracy, but from the biggest man in the West to mark that ball that he took with three North players runnings goal side. Yeah, yeah, that's a goal and that's game over. I can't guarantee you, but I reckon earlier on the year he drops that ball. So they have developed terrifically moments and it was very big from Frio A.
Speaker 1: Bray Shaw plays every moment like his big moment. He's a jet.
Speaker 2: He is underrated out of Western Australia. Turn it up, Steve good a Ryan, how are you joing?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Thanks boys.
Speaker 6: I think there's a player that he was could pick up for next to nothing at the minute, Will Brody. He's absolutely peering it apart in the twos. I think it's his age's given the age profile of him, and you know, we know that there's a huge gap at the West Coast between twenty four and twenty eight. He would shit perfectly on the wing. Jaden hunts out of contract at the end of this year. I don't think he's really I don't think he's contributed hell of a lot this year. His IMPACT's been quite minimal. I wouldn't continue with him, and I think we could get Will Brody for Freemantle for next nothing. And if you look at this year's draft, everyone's saying it's the pool is relatively thin, Scoey.
Speaker 2: Will Brady's not a winger like Will Brody is an inside mid to West coast. Need more of those, probably, yeah, yeah, probably they do. I mean you could do worse than will Brody's for sure. Nel or Asthmus is another name that's been thrown out there. Ryan Ho was a top ten pick a couple of years ago. So I would, yeah, like you said, Ryan here, get him for cheap. I wouldn't be iron much for it. But if you go and get will Brody down, I'd go and get Will Brody for sure. Thanks Ryan, good On, Tony.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, good a gentlemen, Scowey, I don't know what's in your coffee this morning. If you think I really don't know what's in your coffee, I'm a mad Collingwood man. And I have been to a few Eagles games to watch because I like to see these young developing players. But I think I think tap your recruiting manager who's an ex Richmond guy, tell and tap him on the shoulder and say, have a listen. Have a listened to the speeches and the talks that Craig McCrae does and what Lepiges has done. And McCrae's philosophy has been I want players. I don't want picks. You can have all the picks in the world. It doesn't guarantee that you're going to get decent players, whether they're young or mature. Now you know, I just rattled off. I'm just thinking of some names. I just rattling off. Mitchellan was Hawthorne, Jason wrong Hawthorne, Sam Frost Hawthorne. You've got Brendan Park who's in the Waffle. And then as a previous caller, you've got Brodie at the Dockers Erasmus. There's there's what five six seven players you put the and you sorry, You've got Devin Robinson at the at the Lions. You've put those players into the Eagles mix watch them and there'll be a different team because they've got experience that can help the kids.
Speaker 2: Tony like you can come back to me again. Who they just add? Mate? They just added Liam Baker and Jack Graham. They literally went and got players. How many players do you want them to add?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, but that's two.
Speaker 2: Keeps in the draft, mate, So you can't go and get ten. They've got two players as their best player this year.
Speaker 3: Okay, but they can't go to the draft and pick up a couple more kids because they're putting pressure on the youngsters that are there. Now. Look at look at McMartin. How old's he twenty four twenty five blade in the VFL with Richmond.
Speaker 2: Look at him?
Speaker 7: Look at it?
Speaker 2: They just got him.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm saying, but that's a good pick. That's what they want to be looking. None of these nineteen twenty twenty one year old go and get tap on the shoulders on the French players from the other club and look at their position.
Speaker 2: We'll let you go. Thank you man, I've got you. There are you? And Scoey? I think West Coast have done that though, I mean I feel like you can't. Look. Okay, well done Collingwood. There's been a good sight under McCrae on one premiership. Haven't won five premierships. They've got good players and people want to come to that football club. That that's all good and well, but you don't get to do that all the time and forever. So stay's a good picking up them, isn't he. John Richmond's done the same that. John.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a good review of the game. I love listening to you, sis, John. You're also helped with pav not be so serious. Good job good. You're good at what you do. And that's from a fri Man one double three eight eighty two mix.
Speaker 2: Is Mick Collis.
Speaker 1: No, No, some people that support for you so dumb, it's not funny. That's probably me. Mik Shames's bowie gobshitpe bollocks.
Speaker 2: Can I use that? If you can? You can shake a creick? Pretty good, Chris.
Speaker 6: Mate, I can't enough.
Speaker 2: Hello, hey Chris, Yeah, how am mate?
Speaker 8: Good mate?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 8: Hey listen. I'd just like to know your view on the umpires telling players whether they can have a shot.
Speaker 3: On goal or not.
Speaker 2: When did that happen?
Speaker 8: I can't remember which game it was. I think it was the Brisbane Sun's game.
Speaker 2: There's been a couple of moments. There was a shot after the siren that missed I think it was Collingwood a while back where there was a bit of chat from the umpire that I thought was strange that they have been overly communicative in what the rules are around shots, especially around the siren. I don't know without having the exact example to work through, Chris, it's a bit hard. My overall view is umpires who just umpire and then we don't hear from them, and then if there's conversations that we had to have the conversation. But we don't need instant yapping from anyone to be honest.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christ Did you see the bloke tossing the coin pulling his hamstring?
Speaker 2: I thought for sure a million to one that that was faked. He's like done his tendon, his whole hamstrings black with bruising. He's actually done it, Larious.
Speaker 1: Come on mate, well with us today, scoy I always ask you this at the top of the show, and we are running a little bit late due to crankiness on my part and some very good good cours, particular arguments put together by you.
Speaker 2: Whose footy is the best footy at the moment? Scoey, who's on the top of that, lad? I can't remember how Collingwood called what his name was, but probably Collingwood. So long as looking very good though I've spoken about their uniqueness and what they're doing. Like they just smoked essenon on the weekend, didn't they Like they long were really good?
Speaker 1: Embarrassed them so long and Collingwood, Smith, Holmes and Smith too long Collingwood, Yeah, thank you, thank you mate. We'll go to the phone, Josh, Maxeen Martin stay there in just a moment. I just want to mention this skoey state of origin on Wednesday night, but on the weekend, the Dolphins are coming to town. The last three outings the Dolphins based on the Gold Coast, they've been in the comp things. Therefore here they've running forty four points fifty six. On the weekend they ran in fifty eight points, so absolute scoring machine.
Speaker 2: Are they playing here? Yeah, they're playing here this weekend. They're playing here this weekend. Yeah. What ground at that one? Big? Yeah? Or optus? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, playing this weekend. Sorry to put on No, that's okay, I'll look it up. One double three eight two. Like to speak to will Scofield if you want to speak to cranky So I mean you can get a Josh.
Speaker 9: Hey boys, Scoey, Scoey, how are we good? Josh segment lads, I think the only thing better if you've got Mickey Collis in there as well. May get a bit of a treat the Troy from Collie Channel, the Goats Panel scowl and going down last night yesterday? Where does that leave the West Coast Captaincy Captain Cy think Scoey in particular, Yeah, the co captain. But what are we looking at? What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look, my thoughts go to Oscar first and foremost like depending on our like what the injury is. I heard some random thoughts from Antre mcqualto, who's as much of a medical person as I am, and not much of what he was talking about. Sort of a muscle in his calf. It looked bad to me, but you know, I sort of judge it sometimes with how they come off the ground, and that's, you know, sometimes skewed, and acl certainly wasn't that. But they can walk off normally. But he could barely put ways on it and his foot wasn't bending at all. I thought Achilles when I saw it, But it doesn't sound like it's that, which is good news. The questions that get asked is like, well, if West Coast were going to trade him or are going to trade him or want to trade him, and other teams want him, does that decrease value? Should West Coast be playing him? You know, I've got a simple minded view with this sort of stuff, and it's based off just being a player and nothing else. Like I want to play the best side each week, So if Austar Allen's in the best side, you play him, and if he's not, you don't play. Injuries happen in footy. There's been plenty of injured players traded. If that is the case, Bailey Smith is probably the first cab off. The rank of an injured player was just Trader who is now leading the Brown line so or betting. So yeah, I think just keep playing him. It's an injury. It's no bigger of an injury than anyone else has ever ever received playing footy, and he is continue on good call. Josh, thank you, may Hi. I'm Maxaine, Oh hi, Borried Scoury.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to say that if you're a true supporter of any code, and I am of the West Coast Eagles, you take the good the bad and the ugly, and the bad was when maybe there were drugs involved way way back. The bad is what's happening now, and the good is that we've been in six Grand finals. We lost too with one four and we've done really well. So I'm very proud of the West Coast Eagles.
Speaker 2: Well I'm Maxine. I'm glad someone rang and called Simon Bowmont out for not being a true supporter. Thank you, Maxine, because that's what I mean. She doesn't she clearly wouldn't do that, But I am. I don't think you're a true supporter. If you're going to have an like yours, a gutu, you're going to come in here, al, I'm very busy, come in here with this attitude. This is a six. I just break.
Speaker 1: It's break my heart and a well, you know I worked for the club for years and years, an MC, and you know I was there the Wooden Spoon year.
Speaker 2: You were as well.
Speaker 1: I was at that game when Gelong kicked one hundred and thirty four points against westcast.
Speaker 2: In the middle running a great view. Actually that's running in a big wave down the ground. Neck has never recovered watching balls over my head.
Speaker 1: Golf square Maxine, you're right, and look at maybe I'm just man, just hungry Martin.
Speaker 7: Get at Simon, Oh cranky Simon. I should say, did East Perth get any Royal royalties from the dockers wearing their jump on the weekend.
Speaker 9: Because like you know, you know, there's a.
Speaker 7: Bit of a budget of colors. But come on, man, maybe I think the colors were what's up? Pretty well?
Speaker 2: I didn't see the Royal blue and black.
Speaker 1: Martin, you need to adjust the color controlling your TV you did back in the old day. Thanks mate, thanks for calling in wonderful three eight eight two sco you do have a year no scoy for you.
Speaker 2: In just a moment.
Speaker 1: Dolphins are playing the Newcastle Knights at the HbF Park on Saturday. I you want to see an exciting team, So it's Katoa, the half back for the Dolphins and hammer.
Speaker 2: They are an amazing team. So they've won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they run in one hundred and fifty eight points in the last three three outing, so they're scoring a left, right and center. Just quickly go through the round if we canco and go right back to last Thursday. You've mentioned that you think Collingwood and the Geelong a probably playing the best foot in the comp at the moment, certainly by on the ee. Let's go back to them. Let's go back to the matches. So killed a Western Bulldogs Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Western Modog's speed up on sides below them at the moment, and we just haven't seen them, you know, probably do that against its side above. So that's why they sit where they sit, which.
Speaker 1: Is ninth in the latter Hawthorne out of are only three points in that freezing cold down at Tazzy.
Speaker 2: Do they need a roof? Well, I asked this question to someone who might know the answer, and they didn't. Is putting a roof over it? Is that going to stop due? Because it wasn't raining, it was just cold and dewby. I've been at Marvel when it's been freezing, Yeah, and it gets dewy and it gets slippery. Yeah, and it's like the cold stays in there. It's like an ice rick. So everyone saying that in a roof, I don't know. That doesn't change the temperature. They don't put a fire pit in there, and they took it up with the heaters on it. It's just a roof over. It's still cold. Outside airs still Hawthorns. Did they show enough for you? Well?
Speaker 1: They won yeah, yeah, four points at w Lions versus g Verse Giants, Giants that continue the episodic performance of the season and Brizzy just couldn't get couldn't get going, could they?
Speaker 2: Charlie Cameron needs to go or too well, he was unbelievably held by Connor Iden and the best one on one small defender in the competition GWS. That's a massive win. But they've had some massive losses. If they would just winning the games they meant to win, they'd probably be top two or three in the comp But they've lost some really bad games and they've won some really big ones like this. So without Toby, I don't know where Yeah, well I don't know where there are. You know, Finn Callahan's a big in for them, but other than that, don't know. Geelong running one hundred and fifty one points. I agree with you, they are absolutely dominantly beat to They pulled Essen's pants down, didn't they. They've got a lot of injuries Essendon, so not only are they probably not really there anyway, that they're playing debutantes out of the mid season draft. So yeah, difficult one to watch. Veressons found Geelong continue.
Speaker 1: On three win by six points. I reckon they showed a lot of ticker and a fee bit of hope or pouring down with rain and North Melbourne better than we make out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they're poised to have a big year next year. We thought it was this year. It was going to be next year. They're going to be a very good side. I think they're going to go very quickly from the bottom of the ladder to contend next year. Freemantle. I just see they'd review the last five minutes and see the moments they stood up. But I think that's what they've been lacking and they've been able to do it two games in a row now. The deployment of five as a sub, I like it. Yeah, I like it, And he might be sub for the rest of the year, Like I might just stay there. He still looks like he needs a bit more time out in the middle, catch up at the pace a little bit, but he doesn't look out of place.
Speaker 1: Port beat Melbourne comfortably four goals. Yeah, I don't look seven. If I had to pick out of those two, yeah, I saw that. If I had to pick out of those two if either was getting a challenge for the finals, which one is that it's Port Adelaide there run over the next four weeks.
Speaker 2: They play four top bottom six sides the next four weeks with a buyer in there somewhere to maybe. I think they're poised if they can continue playing to maybe challenge maybe, but Melbourne won't. Apparently West Coast played Carlton yesterday. Well we can't talk about that, so bias. That was good like that, the bottom was good. The bat three quarters was better by West Coast and Carlton. They've done that two weeks in a row now. Their their first quarter score has beaten their next three quarters total. So I think forty eight in the first, forty six in the first quarter to forty for second three and four, and they did that the week before against Essendon. Two.
Speaker 1: Yep, let's go to a year, No Willow, if you don't mind skoing and this week, because I'm cranking, you're the voice of reason, you're the Dalai Lama. You can expand on your answers. I give you permission just for this week. You have an amnesty expand and even stay. Now I'm not answering. I like the comparison in the Dalai Lama. It's it's a bunning sausage in a bun, not a sausage in a roll.
Speaker 2: What can you say?
Speaker 1: It's a Bunnings. It's called a sausage in a bun, not a sausage in a roll.
Speaker 2: Neither. I don't know it's a sausage, sizzor a bun. Yes, it's in a bun. Yes, the future is bright for the West Coast. Here was this in Green Shoots with Tom McCart and Tom McCarthy are for a stunning debut.
Speaker 1: Yes, kicks posts. Kicks in should not count disposal, So kicking in should not counters disposal.
Speaker 2: Hello, Carl Angan, No because Carl only because Carl thinks the other way, or.
Speaker 1: This might answer the next one meters gained is a stupid AFL stat No, that's one of the most important. Tim Kelly's two year contracting stension a couple of weeks ago. Now it doesn't look great.
Speaker 2: I mean he's playing in a different role.
Speaker 1: So no, Sam Darcy will win five the next six common medals.
Speaker 2: Nobo, he's a superstar. How good? Jesse Hogan, Yeah great? And Cadman they've got gws have everything to win a flag and if they get it together in the back end, they definitely still could do it.
Speaker 1: Good to watch in the year. Bailey Smith is without a doubt a lot for the Brown Low. No none of these and no none of it. Yeah, no one is, yeah, no one is. No one's your preparation for the Carlton Draft. You're playing for hill End and Grove Rovers is going very very well.
Speaker 2: It depends what you define well, because you've got to understand that the Carlton Draft is not only playing, but it's all also our sports since the night after, so you need to be able to consume it, yes, responsibly and have a good times. I can guarantee a good time, I cannot guarantee performance on the field.
Speaker 1: Stealing this one a little bit from Stevie Butler, who was on the show yesterday with JB. Hello Stevie. Josh Tracy's final match saving mark for kicking out of bounds of the fall is a very Freemantle thing.
Speaker 2: Come on there, get off. Why is everyone's a negative? No? No, all right, that's good. Still side Bottom still runs funny. Yes, sure, I don't know. Yes he does, Yeah he does, he does. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Kangaroo showed enough signs of Saturday night to prove they will win a premiership in the next five years. Yes, the buyers are the worst thing then about AFL football.
Speaker 2: It's a big statement by the way Kangaroo is going to flavor. I was the next question.
Speaker 1: Buyers are the worst thing in AFL footy, you know, as Perkaine corns Is comment the rules made of mistake by trading picks against Cheesel and Waller over Aaron Kata.
Speaker 2: Yes, big time.
Speaker 1: Adelaid's Josh Warres run and tackle on the wiz Nick Watson apter fifty meters chase and lodging a shepherd.
Speaker 2: It's the greatest tackle of all time. That was pretty good.
Speaker 1: So only a two horse race. Now I need geelng and Pies can win the premiership.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: After two games oft oplus this weekend and games this week's State of Origin and footy and a lot happening in town, the media staff are bugging, including will Scofield.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, well.
Speaker 1: Done Scoe, Thank you mate, good to see it. Thanks a pleasures to being the Dallo Alama voice of reason. It's a new approaching. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I look forward to the new intro. Not as will Scoville join us, but the Dalai Lama joining us. And I should say a big happy birthday to my my eldest boy Nash. It's his seventh birthday today. Did you played Oskar He did, played in the middle Fremantle North. Yeah, better than some of the North players is what I've been told. And Mum also says a low to you.
Speaker 1: So hello James. Hello, nice to know you that you're listening. Really appreciate it. Cheers mate, Thank you