Speaker 1: Like Polly's pay rise, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Good morning everywhere else, Welcome to Australia over night and now here's my Grandpa.
Speaker 3: Australia's quiet the night rolls on, voices echo until the break could dawn through the dark.
Speaker 1: There's a guiding line.
Speaker 3: Three AW keeps us closed tonight.
Speaker 1: Over night. We shared.
Speaker 3: Stories and laughterverywhere, from city streets to the outbacks. Guys Australia Tree as station fly.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Dennis Walter here at three AW. If you'd like to join the program now would be a really good times this softly one double three six ninety.
Speaker 4: Three weeks Heart goes Now Morning Den.
Speaker 3: Sony's voice like a friendly brings the country close across this name ah No.
Speaker 1: We shared.
Speaker 3: Stories laughter everywhere.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Maddie. They're at five double as well, the ACE Radio network right across Australia and the listeners via six p hour in Perth, Good morning, Covin join us one double three six' nine three No.
Speaker 3: Surrey city Weeks hard Goes.
Speaker 1: NOW j will be the first person you hear when you bring three saying he's AT uj AND J i'm a. Millennial. Millennial millennials rule the. World that's j the other side of the, Glass, sadier millennial man stories and last we're in. Charge if you'd like to be part of one double three six y nine. Three thank you to all the zillions of, emails which is most. Gratifying AND i love it THAT i received yesterday in lieu of thank. You if you're sending, email it's really. Easy overnights and keep it, classy love, You keep it classy overnights at three A w dot com DOT a you, now AS i looked out at the, board which is most. Unusual this is probably because it's a little bit. CHILLY i looked out at the board and. Crickets most unusual for A tuesday. Morning crickets if you would choose to be AND i hope you do get out of. Bed anything you would like to raise on the, program more more than welcome to do. That the poly pay is a bit of an, issue AND i Know Jackie felgate's program last week looked at. IT i Know Tom Tom elliott talks about it on a regular. Basis but The Remmuneration tribunal has spoken and guess what they get a bit of an. Increase, Now i've said for some. Time happy to be knocked around by this. Too by the, way said for some. Time the politicians should be paid a little bit, more little bit, more but we have fewer of, them would so it would work out pretty. Much you would think you ow a. Favor but you might like to discuss that one double three six nine three NOW i got for the birthday. Present one of the birthday. Presents last, week a family member shared a little box of often just simply referred to as ice, Breakers, jay are you familiar with the ice breaker? Box ice?
Speaker 5: Breakers, well back when we were in our single, Days, yeah we.
Speaker 1: Had a little party. Trick we'd sit around and it's sort of like to get the conversation, moving get.
Speaker 5: The conversation, moving just you, know especially for those who are a little bit, nervous a little bit you, know not to secure breaking a conversation with.
Speaker 1: Someone and there are, many there are, many many many who feel uncomfortable in that environment and don't like to be don't like to be. CHALLENGED i don't even like to be the focus of any. Attention they just like to, listen look and, learn which is a nice thing to. Do IF i asked, you would you rather win the, Lottery so you'd like to win the one hundred mill, yeah or live twice as long so you can spend the one hundred million in a normal. Lifespan, yeah, okay, yeah, well or would you want to live twice as? Long? Long, Sorry i'd take option number. One you go the, MONEY i go the. Money. Sorry, well now we know what you. Are would you rather live in apartment in the, city lovely apartment in the, city or a mansion in the. Country mansion in the. Country mansion in the, country lovely place out of. Town, yeah rolling, hills, beautiful, beautiful some. Animals would you rather in the life of one? Human? Oh this is going to Be, oh this will get them. TALKING i don't know whether we can actually use this, one now That i've already read. It would you rather end the life of one human or one hundred puppies and? Kittens? Oh, GEE i know well That i'll get them. Talking, no we might put that on hold for the. Moment would you rather experience the beginning of Planet earth or the end Of Planet? Earth Is earth a? PLANET i don't think. So would you rather experience the beginning of Planet earth or the end Of Planet? Earth and the other? One THAT i draged o little. Kid would you rather be with Someone this is a real. Goodie would you rather be with someone you love or with someone who loves? You isn't that? Great would you rather be with someone you love or with someone who loves? You so there's a few to. Consider we're going to have a bit of fun with that as we go through the morning. Together electric blanket excuse, Me i'm going to cough. FORGIVE i, know electric blanks will be on. Hold one of the presents was a new electric blank got to tell your changes your, world doesn't? It and the it's, instant which is. Great let's take some of these. Calls so Justin, elizabeth good, morning.
Speaker 6: Good, morning great to talk to, you you.
Speaker 1: Too, justin thank, You good to know. You there's everybody happy in beautiful Uptown. Elizabeth, ah some some.
Speaker 7: Are i'm a little bit.
Speaker 6: Grumpy, yeah Hitting this isn't it?
Speaker 8: EVERYWHERE i?
Speaker 9: Think answer your, question WHEN i take the, money money.
Speaker 10: Will live twice as?
Speaker 11: Long, Yeah i'll take.
Speaker 1: The, Money so you go the money as. Well all. Right it's a bit of.
Speaker 12: A Because i'd give it to my, son.
Speaker 8: AND i wouldn't want to live twice as long as he's.
Speaker 1: Not, yeah that's a very good. Point so the question is would you rather win the? Lottery won the win the big, lottery let's call. It let's call it fifteen, million so you could do, okay fifty million or live twice as.
Speaker 6: Long, Yeah i've got to take the money and give it to my.
Speaker 1: Son So i'm putting on next to, You i'm Putting justin, says take the money and, run take the money and run live for the. Moment good on, You. Justin thank, you don't be a. Stranger feel free to join the program. Anytime i'll be.
Speaker 7: Listening a good.
Speaker 1: Night good to know you. There thank. You Pete Import Melbourne morning point. Man, yeah really, well put yourself a better.
Speaker 13: Question to ask you that would you take a dollar a day doubled?
Speaker 8: Yep or ten million?
Speaker 1: Dollars take a dollar a, day double dollar a day double for how? Long? Yeah or even better if you do it to the thirty first. Day but certainly take a dollar a. Day in, fact you can do. That you know you can do. That for a? Cent would you take would you rather have a hold of? Money or one cent a day doubled every day for a? Month then?
Speaker 8: Sell, uh it's one.
Speaker 13: Sentence i'll say. That i'll say, that and the first time AND i heard.
Speaker 8: IT i took the.
Speaker 13: Money i'll took a million bar yeah the?
Speaker 1: Million are you? Too are you took a million? Dollars big. Mistake i'm not.
Speaker 13: Greedy i'm not, greedy, Mate i'm not.
Speaker 8: Great i'm.
Speaker 1: Happy big, minute big. Mistake working at one cent a, day doubled every day for a, month it's a lot of. Money it's a lot of, money a lot of money for.
Speaker 13: You that's the Argument i'll always bring up with people when they, bet when they do a multi bet and a multi, bet these betty agencies.
Speaker 9: Are getting people, due are they?
Speaker 13: Okay, yeah a multi bet you pull my leg leg and you put a dollar and then you can win the hundred bisles two hundred by and they're scamming, uh people losing tons and tons of money Over but if you actually work it, Out, uh you do ten times your one dollar for ten days in the, row which you ain't, get you'll be up a couple of hundred.
Speaker 14: Dollars well that.
Speaker 1: Probably makes sense To. Pete where are you? Driving, obviously where are you? Heading i'm on the way on the way to. None, no what nother. Wadding, Okay, pete good to talk to. You love to everybody in another wadding here In victoria in W A, Hello, Robert, Hi.
Speaker 15: Tony i've got four points To benki.
Speaker 1: You please Do rob go fire away.
Speaker 16: Now the first, one, yep is first.
Speaker 1: Scooters the first one is. Stupid did you say.
Speaker 8: Scooters to be?
Speaker 1: Scooters scooters are scooters begging part of? Thought you said it was? Stupid, Sorry.
Speaker 16: ROB i saw a guy today Driving ryans.
Speaker 17: Good helmet.
Speaker 1: Really, well just AS i say occasion on the, Program, rob anybody who does that is probably being a bit of a.
Speaker 12: Dick and the and the other one Is i've seen people.
Speaker 15: Well i'm pushed by that.
Speaker 6: Helmet.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that the?
Speaker 7: Tag, yes and against a lot and it's also against a double.
Speaker 12: Down.
Speaker 1: YEAH i know why they would do. It rob only. KNOWS i, mean we we have all these things built in and we're encouraged to behave. Ourselves AND i know we're always teaching young people where you can if you're going for a bike, ride put a little helmet. On if you have a, crash you hurt your, head you would want to have a helmet. On we didn't have it back that long. Ago now it's a thing to do And i'm pleased to say that to the grand. Daughters if they go riding the bike with the, dad they've got the helmets. On why would you? Not is the greater, QUESTION i Guess. Rob thank you, always good to talk to. You those calls coming. In we're great to see. You one double three six nine, three one double three six nine. Three you can join. Me I'm tony. McManus it Is australia. Overnight lots of, little lots of. Little what would you do in a current, situation given that have got as a present these fabulous? Cards would would you? Rather would you rather win the lottery or live twice as? Long would you rather be with someone you love or with someone who loves? You if you can't be with the one you, love, HONEY i love the one you're. With what a song will take your calls the other? Side come and join? Me one double three six nine three For australia overnight, morning good morning wherever you are right Across, australia except for way, course not quite morning there yet and coming up to, midday, midday midnight of course In South, Australia but morning all far away for. You thank you To, matty they're looking after the nighttime program five DOUBLE A and to our very Own Dennis walter here at three aw you might be part of THE Ace radio networker right Throughout victoria and into southern parts Of New South wales as. Well and AS i, said six pr In perth one double three six nine three For perth listeners one double three eight eighty two zillion texts coming. Through we'll get to as many as we. Can zero four double seven six nine three six nine. Three so write that text line down if it's easier for. You zero four double seven six nine three six nine. Three Heather, pennington good, Morning, Yes, Heather, hi good morning A tony Speaking hello you Saadther tony.
Speaker 18: Here oh Hello, tony good to hear. You you. Two look if you if you had a firm and you stand your ground and the you know they were going to take it away from you through maybe perhaps Through this is just a scenario That i'm thinking through you, know drought or you can't feed your stock or, whatever you. KNOW i, mean there's enough suicide around.
Speaker 1: There What i'm trying to.
Speaker 18: Get at is it's really sad that a policeman was killed a shot because this man was they were down to take his farmer rat way right In. Tasmania and it's really sad BECAUSE i can see both sides of. It, yeah and oh my goodness. ME i mean it's a crisis, situation you, know to take the session of the farm you've you, know you've worked for all your. LIFE i don't, Know i'm, sorry but maybe did they have you, know those thiss what do they call?
Speaker 19: Them this or?
Speaker 1: Something, HEATHER i have no idea whether they would have had vests is the short. Answer, however any officer anywhere Around australia who.
Speaker 18: Is going they don't deserve.
Speaker 1: That, no they don't deserve. That they're going about their job and doing the job to the best that they possibly. Can that's, right under excruciatingly, awkward difficult. Circumstances they deserve to be able to go home at the end of their.
Speaker 18: Shift but you, Know, tony you, know back in the old, days going back fifty years, ago the you, know the, cockies the, farmers you, know and they had a real bad week, time you, know no no. Profits they used to allow my mum to look up for kids' clothes everything like. That cats glubs and cane and. Haberdashery And i'll tell you, what even the the you know where you get the petrol, whatever they let you book. UP i don't know if they do that, now whether they can do, that but you, know when the week.
Speaker 1: Pay can come and then they could pay it.
Speaker 18: Off but it is a crisis situation to take session of a. Fam oh my, Goodness oh my. GOD i just feel for both sides.
Speaker 1: Of, them you know, here that's a very INTERESTING i, MEAN i think a lot of businesses wouldn't be able to do that in incremental ways all many years. Ago i'm sure that would have been the. Case happened.
Speaker 20: Today i'm not.
Speaker 1: Too sure that they're in a position to be able to do that because many of which are now corporately. Owned so when back in the, day the local grosser might be able to be selective and, say, look missus, McManus we're going to deliver the groceries to. You things are a bit tired at the. Moment why don't we wait until the pay comes in next week before you pay. Us would they would select the people then with whom they may have been able to help or you, know be of. Help BUT i don't know how you do it in this corporate. Sector maybe you. Can maybe there are businesses a rendistrator that do that. Either it's a great question we'll ask the audience one double three sixty nine. Three those, relationships particularly the farming community being able to have over the, years how do you actually manage those payments in difficult? Times one double three six nine. Three look who it? Is california right in? Wa, hello, ah.
Speaker 21: Good morning or, yeah good, evening hello right WITH i always believe that treating the cause of any problem is better than treating the. Symptom and for, me most problems in life are caused by not having common sense and. Narcissism i'll give you a perfect, Example.
Speaker 11: Tony.
Speaker 22: Please i'm seventy four And i'm still a cyclist pretty much full time and hardly ever drive my car except twice or, not just to keep it in. Shape but the greatest FEAR i have every day WHEN i go out on my pushbike is being hit by an e cyclist or e bike is my biggest. Fear And i'll bring in this treating the cause rather than the, symptoms because it's not so much the e bike, is of course the person that's writing it. Now if we aren't treat the cause of the, problem which is being.
Speaker 23: Without common sense and being, narcissistic just caring about ourselves will never resolve these problems that are getting worse and worse every, day with more hospital so called accident that are happening every day with e.
Speaker 1: Bikes, yeah AND i know In Wa ray it's been a big event, recently certainly in the city area has been AND i know they put them on hold for a little. While not a great fan of the e. BIKE i know people are, young people love them to scoot around. Town it seems that. Way but in many of our major cities we have other forms of transport which seem a heck of a lot, safer maybe not quite as, affordable but a. Tram you get a tram Around, melbourne appoly around that city, area it's pretty. Good what is the distinction between those e bikes with a race around with little or no consideration for other traffic end or. Pedestrians always good to talk to, You. Ray thank you is Sir bell In South.
Speaker 24: Australia, hello good, morning good, morning halfway through The festival Of tiny nearly.
Speaker 1: Halfway, well you're, right it is, yes given today the, seventeenth so towards the end of THE, festi, oh. Don't you've just ruined the rest of the month for.
Speaker 24: It And i'm the only one it really knows your. Age BUT i WON'T i won't state it. AGAIN i don't want to ruin your night or your.
Speaker 1: Morning well it's a little secret that you can take to the, Grave.
Speaker 24: Isabelle but you look, amazing you, know and you are the sexiest man in the.
Speaker 1: World, well thank. You as opposed To. Clooney oh, NO i don't like.
Speaker 11: Him you don't Like?
Speaker 1: Clooney what about?
Speaker 24: Tom oh, no no, cruise not a.
Speaker 1: Cruise who's the who's the who's the most gorgeous hunk on the planet at the? Moment, oh that's a very sexiest thing to say, that who's the who's the best looking bloke on the planet of the?
Speaker 24: Moment for not, REALLY i don't watch movies. Anyway based on your your little. Things someone you? Love what if the person you love doesn't love?
Speaker 25: You?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes what if with someone you? Love would you rather be with someone you love or with someone who loves?
Speaker 26: You?
Speaker 24: Yes and then the other one was someone who loves, you the person who loves you who don't Love i've just made a.
Speaker 1: Little riddle for, you, have, Dear so what would you do in those.
Speaker 24: Circumstances, Well i'd rather love somebody than then not love.
Speaker 1: Me, yeah so you'd you'd, happy you'd prefer then that they love.
Speaker 24: You i'd rather love somebody than they're not all?
Speaker 1: Right, okay very?
Speaker 24: Good well, RIGHT i can go away and cry and just lay my bed or on my. OWN i don't want to be with somebody who loves me IF i don't love. Them that would be. Horrible that would be with somebody WHO i don't.
Speaker 1: Like BUT i think there would be many people listening right Across australia right now who are in a relationship someone who they of whom they might be really fond because that person really loves, them but they just don't necessarily feel that.
Speaker 24: Way Well i'm the. Opposite but the other, thing one other last little. THING i missed Mister quigley on your.
Speaker 1: Show, yes so DO I, gerald if you're, listening you are still missed to this day on A tuesday. Morning we loved it When joel was here with.
Speaker 24: US i, know But i've got a. Replacement can you put on somebody that deals with dreams dream.
Speaker 1: Analysis, ooh they we'll find a dream analyst.
Speaker 24: Analysis BECAUSE i have many repetitive dreams over and over. Again it would be nice to get somebody on BECAUSE i think that would be a popular.
Speaker 1: Thing send, Me isabelle the pillow that you dream? On, okay So, DARLIN i can dream on it.
Speaker 24: Too, yes BUT i think that would be a popular.
Speaker 1: Segment there you, go it would be Thanks. Isabelle that's not me saying THAT i think it. Was was that A Dean? Mutton send me a bill then you dream? On you liked it, though didn't? You why HAVE i got all these really weird lyrics racing around in my? Head more of your call straight after this At australia, Overnight good? Morning what a song? Is send me the pillow that you dream? On So, DARLAN i can dream honor. Too if you were to come, back you'd want to have the voice of as someone Like Dean. Martin not because he was clearly a great rock and roller or you, KNOW i don't know that he was even necessarily A, sinatra very different or A, crosby but just there was almost this almost a bit of a cheeky rogueish approach to his songs and his his. Intonations that's a big word in it. Tone i'll never use that word, again but just that, lovely very casual, approach and he could make it sound so. WONDERFUL i was always envious Of, dean even as a. KID i just, Thought, wow how good Se, ardie.
Speaker 27: Morning good Morning, tony and morning.
Speaker 1: Mister for the.
Speaker 27: Lady before you, know of, course you Know dennis has a segment with Thee.
Speaker 1: Yes so many points to that out That isabelle's listening in wa In South, australia so as you may not necessarily be aware that that is the.
Speaker 27: Case oh, yeah that's, right IT'S i didn't realize that. Anyway i'm With jay in it was to live much longer or take the. Money i'll take the money because by the time you may reach a, hundred like you said about going to the, grave you're not going to take the money to the. Grave so we'll live it, up make your, family lives it up in certain, friends and just live up for whatever remainder of your life you.
Speaker 1: Have, yeah it'd be a hard, ONE i, reckon Because i'd love to think THAT i could stick around to see how how the grandchildren turn, out for, example so that would allow you to live longer with a reasonable sort of a health to see them grow, up or how do they turn? Out how does it will turn? Out so you AND i will never know how it all turns, out.
Speaker 27: That's, true but we just won't. Know, yeah what was the other? ONE i think you said in the, year double the cent a. Day that's only three hundred and sixty. Five double.
Speaker 1: That so you've got one, cent, right so you got for thirty one days in the, Month so you got one, cent and you double. It you got two, cents and then you got four, cents and you got eight, cents and you got sixteen. Cents double that right. Through see what the total comes.
Speaker 27: Out i'll be a bit lost now.
Speaker 1: To do that on the calculator and see how that works out for.
Speaker 17: You, WELL i like the other.
Speaker 27: One better take a lot of.
Speaker 1: Reach good on your, mate always good to chat, Now denise In perth, morning.
Speaker 19: Still leaving, here of course it.
Speaker 1: Is forgive, Me, denise it is you're in Wa yes it. Is AND i get into so much trouble for stuffing that. Up my, humble humble.
Speaker 19: APOLOGIES i think all of your questions are, Entertaining BUT i wanted to get serious and say how ANNOYED i am at the parliamentarians accepting the two point six percent pay, Right, YEAH i mean times are. Tough why can't they just say we'll put it on hold and we'll look at it in three years.
Speaker 1: Time, WELL i THINK i, Think, denise the legislation would have to, change because it's not they don't do. It it's an independent tribunal that comes in and they look at these things and they make those.
Speaker 19: Decisions but isn't there some way That albanese could, say, look times are, tough you, know talk to, everybody and let's say put it on.
Speaker 1: Hold it would have to go through The parliament and they'd have to decide as to whether or not that was the. CASE i would think that's how it. Works we'll do a double check on. That but it's a completely independent tribunal that makes the decisions of the. Police they have nothing to do With.
Speaker 19: No, NO i realize. THAT i realized, That BUT i just thought, that you, know in their realms of fairness and, equity that it would be a good thing if they could just put it on.
Speaker 1: Hold well, yeah, well well, maybe but they already do amazing. Things most politicians do a lot of things. Anyway it doesn't necessarily make front page news, stories but so many of our policies right around the country will do make donations to various groups and organizations inside their, electorate and it goes along unnoticed by many of us unless you happen to live in that.
Speaker 19: Electorate, yeah well that's. True BUT i, mean how come The albanese can get more Than Donald?
Speaker 14: Trump?
Speaker 1: YEAH i. Know well that's that's for The americans to work out for. Themselves if they don't want to, pay they want to pay, peanuts then so be. It But i've always said we should pay our politicians a little bit more and have less of. Them, well get really good quality, politicians really good, politicians people who have been in, business people who have studied, economics people who know what we're doing in the real. World and often we don't have a. Denise you're, Right often we. Don't now that's not to say that they're all, poor just some of them are.
Speaker 19: Great absolutely Rash, okay good to talk to. YOU i just wanted to get my six pency And.
Speaker 1: I'm pleased you. Did you're Not you've got a little bit more than the six pennies To. DENISE i reckon you nearly got a couple of shillings.
Speaker 14: In oh good, god you're well.
Speaker 1: Done. You let's get a beautiful Queens cliff here In. Victoria, Morning, sam, good how are you?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Well tell us about Queens Cliff for those that don't know, you aren't you just the luckiest person In australia to be At? Queenscliff?
Speaker 28: Oh well, mate you, know there's a lot of good places live Around, australia you, know, optional you, know but, yeah it's, climatic it's it's Very.
Speaker 21: Yeah it's a reasonable place to.
Speaker 1: Live. Yeah do you ever get the ferry across to my? Environment i'll bet. You do you ever get that ferry across To surrender Or? Porty?
Speaker 28: Oh, yes, yes you're. Often, YEAH i have a day trip over. THERE i used to see my brother over there and write but that he's frequented now.
Speaker 16: Too he's gone To.
Speaker 28: Tasmania ah, right it was?
Speaker 1: That was that an unusual?
Speaker 28: Move he's gone To tasmania to Live and they're you, know steadily sort of going over, there you, know doing that real. Thing and, yeah good on?
Speaker 1: Them is that a retirement move or of a business.
Speaker 6: MOVE i don't, KNOW i just just to get.
Speaker 28: Away but my father AND, i Like i'm the youngest of the, family but my father AND i still think That victoria.
Speaker 6: Rules you.
Speaker 28: KNOW i don't, know well we think that better, anyway.
Speaker 22: You, Know BUT.
Speaker 1: I hope you've got some evidence.
Speaker 17: Anyway the main in that.
Speaker 6: Way but you.
Speaker 28: Know AS i, say, right, uh a flower doesn't blossom without the, sun but a man currently without, love right. Yeah, yeah in regards to what you were saying, BEFORE i think, that you, know in a prosperous, life you, know like as soon as you sort of drop the ball and realize that the fact that event has enough, money you, know that's enough you can steadily have a good.
Speaker 4: Life, yeah but just be, happily you, know a conservative in your own, right and just enjoy the fact that you know what life has has to offer and sit back and take it all in.
Speaker 28: And absorb it.
Speaker 6: All you.
Speaker 28: Know sometimes a lot of us don't have the opportunity to.
Speaker 6: Do, that but then we all.
Speaker 28: DO i think we all do and give or, take you, know regardless of monetary. Situation it's about the way we you, know a factor in nature in our lives and how we perceive sort of the reality of what sort of.
Speaker 6: You, know you, know, spiritually who we are.
Speaker 28: As people without including a religion is a good thing to sort of adhere.
Speaker 1: TO i, agree, Yes, Sam and look the other the other requirement, is particularly as we obviously get a bit, older you, know if you're in a position where you can enjoy reasonable, health that that automatically puts you in way in.
Speaker 28: Front oh, gee you sounds like my counselor.
Speaker 1: Well there you, go maybe they could do my next, job counselor.
Speaker 28: Exactly, yeah there, go, yeah, Yeah well my health in fairly poor. Conditions VIRTUALLY i keep it, up.
Speaker 25: You.
Speaker 28: Know that's that's it's, consequence you, know like sort of you, know it happened due to you know whatever car accidents and and all sorts of other, things you, know associated with. It BUT i still love The, couters, Right AND i love The Queen's Clift Football, Club and AND i follow The couters around like no when you, know and and we're second on the, ladder and we're going really, well And i'm really really really impressed with the. Boys And i've known the young boys instead of grown up and and, Yeah i'm just, yeah shedding lights for them, too you, know can get to the end and and and you know smash.
Speaker 21: Talky and.
Speaker 1: We'd love to do. That, well the next Time i'm down that talk, Here Queen, Skiperia i'll give you a we'll have a cup of.
Speaker 6: Coffee noticed the bad, areas you.
Speaker 28: KNOW i lived out of a beautiful Place Point attus and spent many years, there you, know thirty forty years. There And i'm not ashamed to be WHO i, am And i'm quite proud of my. History but, CERTAINLY i certainly think longevity is more important than. Money you know what a great call money money has no no no.
Speaker 1: Consequence good on your SAM a great, call AND i thank you for being part of the Program australia, overnight your calls the other, side come and join me one double, three six nine. Three anything you want to raise on the. Program if you just tuned in for the first, time think of this lovely little gift called, Icebreakers and SO i, thought well we can have a bit of fun with. Icebreakers are. Fantastic would you rather win the lottery or live twice as? Long think about that for the. Moment so you've got the idea of a fifty one hundred mili or would you rather win that or live twice as? Long would you rather experience the beginning of Planet earth or the end Of Planet? Earth would you want to be around for the?
Speaker 22: End but.
Speaker 1: Would you want to go back to the very early days of Planet? Earth cave, person no, fires feeding the? Family oh? Wait would you rather be with someone you love or with someone who loves? You? One double three six nine three. Morning let me look at some of these texts before we go back to Calls bruno who appoints the Independent tribunal members who keep giving pay increases and how much these independence get? Paid, look, well just get. It we'll do some research on The Independent. TRIBUNAL i think it's a characteristic of The. Parliament they set themselves, up The Independent tribunal. Rules but it's completely is my, understanding because we've had this conversation over me any many. Years it's at arm's. Length that's the. Deal now here's the, Thing, bruno AS i always, say for you AND i who don't like don't like those. Matters in a, democracy you can join a political, party you can run when you go to these certain meetings and, say, LOOK i want to move forward to motion that The Superannuation tribunal no longer, exists that they don't automatically get these pay rises and then move that through the. System that's how it works in a. Democracy it's not that, difficult CAN I tony mcka one? Night we need help with the. Situation i'm not sure how to go about this certain sibling that wants to kick me out of my parents' family home Today. Tuesday i'd like some. Advice, well needs more information text ending in two six. Zero and why is that the? CASE i can only imagine The it's pretty distressing though Tone speaking of, POLITICIANS i wondered how much the head. Nodders don't you love the head nodders on the? News we love them head nod as. Well when there's somebody speaking and the head nod nods, ahead do you reckon their? Minders should tell them stop nodding your head stand, there look at the camera if you have. To that's assuming you have to be there. Anyway not too sure that you, do just to get your head, on but don't nod from Doctor john money now or longer. Life many, people particularly those with impulsive, tendencies prefer immediate gratification over delayed. Rewards this preference is, rooted absolutely. ROOTED i love saying that in the, radio rooted in our brains are wired to seek pleasure and avoid discomfort with immediate, rewards triggering doper meat release in the. Brain that is. Fantastic good on your doctor for, That, james morning.
Speaker 29: Monk tony tell YOU i was happy for A tuesday morning until the other pollies are getting another pay. Rights, now why every time everyone else wants an increase light well from for, example centraling, crime they always come up with excuse of budgetary. Restrictions takama does apply to them budgetary restrictions for their Increasing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah because their system is. There it's an arm's. Length they have a system called a completely independent remuneration tribunal who makes those decisions based on lots of data and.
Speaker 29: INFORMATION i think they should all be personally ashamed of.
Speaker 1: Themselves, no they shouldn't.
Speaker 28: Know they.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't james? Incorrect why?
Speaker 11: Not why?
Speaker 1: Not because they're doing the remuneration tributal is doing the job as directed under the.
Speaker 29: Parliament, Okay, Tony so you think in a wealthy country Like, australia they're giving they're giving people on center link the layer of the.
Speaker 1: Poverty, absolutely, absolutely what other way would you do? It so you would, say give the politicians the lowest possible amount of money as you can.
Speaker 12: To run the.
Speaker 29: COUNTRY i don't want to live in a country where there's people living in poverty and they're living Like.
Speaker 1: Kingsland But, james But, james here's the. Reality, said you AND i have been, said you AND i have been. Born there are people In australia sad as it is that for reasons that unimaginable to many people find themselves. Struggling now you AND, i in a, democracy are in a position to help those people in ways that is not available to. Them in many other countries they get a lot of, help a lot of. Support, well if you, were if you, were if you were the prime, minister what would you? Do how would you run?
Speaker 29: It, WELL i wouldn't BE i wouldn't be paying. People that's not WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Asked how would you run?
Speaker 29: It To please try and put words in my.
Speaker 11: Mouth, Well i'm asking you the.
Speaker 1: Question you're coming you're coming on and you're making your. Argument you won't let me ask you a. Question we've got to do. This Break, JAMES i promise you come. BACK i want to talk to you straight after the news BECAUSE i think it is a worthwhile discussion to have so people become clear about how the system. Works is it a perfect? System, James, no it's. Not we'll discuss that straight after. THIS i reckon Bad tony might be a little bit this. Morning you know What i'm, saying could go really really pear shape shortly one double, three no one double three six nine. Three will go back To james straight.
Speaker 30: Afternoons now this Is australia overenized With tony.
Speaker 1: McManus NOW i was really keen to have a word With. James previous Caller james In, Adelaide, james feel free to jump on. Board doing the research as to how it works is really. Intriguing one of the things That i've probably disappointingly learned in the last eighteen months is how many of us don't really understand comprehensively the idea of democracy and how democracy. Works so we work in a system In australia that is the democratic system where you AND i go to the election under the legislation that allows us to go and, vote and in our voting, system we have the aferential. System is it, perfect but it's a system that we. Have and when that happens with the end up with a, government we end up with the. Government under the regulations of the, government the government is entitled to be. Paid not only the government and the members of parliament entitled to be. Paid support workers are also entitled to be paid for the job that they. Do that is all documented well and truly in enormous amount of, legislation enormous amount of, legislation and there's some really interesting people that sit and that. Tribunal the role of the tribunal is really quite explicit where federal, parliamentarians including, ministers parliamentary and, officeholders with advice about, remuneration including, allowances, Entitlements all that is taken into, account judicial and non judicial, officers federal courts and tribunals all comes under this. Heading is my. Understanding secretaries of, departments full, time part, time holders of various public, offices principal executive officers as not just. POLITICIANS i gotta tell, you the business of government is a multi billion dollar. Endeavor, now if you don't like, it you would, suggest presumably you just throw all that system out and we have one person sitting in the chair who runs the. Show would anybody like that? SYSTEM i don't think, so but happy to discuss that further one double three six'. Nine THREE and i should, point out based on, my understanding that tribunal goes back to nineteen. Seventy three the legislation of the remuneration tribunal that goes back to nineteen. Seventy THREE so i go Back to JAMES and i Say, to, James, well james if you were, running it how would you you? Manage it how would you? Do That and james has chosen not to have. That conversation joan In Dever, Hill's morning.
Speaker 26: Good morning Jay. And TONY before, i forget happy Birthday.
Speaker 1: For friday, thank you it was a. Lovely celebration joan continues right through to the end of. This month. Thank you.
Speaker 26: That's good i've just got a. Few Churios if i'm allable to, do, That.
Speaker 1: Please joan you take it Away and i'll just sit back and put my feet up here on.
Speaker 26: The desk David of ISRAEL and i hope they're. GOING well i worry about them.
Speaker 1: Every day i've got a couple of emails Already from david.
Speaker 26: This morning oh that's good as long as you're there. All right you know it's a bit.
Speaker 17: Of, a worry.
Speaker 19: Isn't?
Speaker 26: It certainly And For jim Anathur And nathan Kevin and David Of, mount WIDLEY and i want to send a very special happy wedding anniversary to my Darling husband paul forty. Seven years forty.
Speaker 1: Seven years well, Done.
Speaker 26: You, joe yeah so, You know i'm a very very lucky girl to have such a. Wonderful man.
Speaker 1: Well, Done. You joan that's a lovely thing. To do. And congratulations are you doing anything special for?
Speaker 26: The anniversary, oh yeah we'll go out for a nice meal somewhere, and beautiful do. Something nice but just having each, Other.
Speaker 1: Enough, tony well that's a.
Speaker 26: Lovely thing someone who looks after you when you're not well and all that. It's been i've been very.
Speaker 1: Lucky girl excellent work and thank you, Very. Much joan. Well done it's always good to have you on. The program rob Sends a texas Says That tony mcer you Are, corrector Tony The independent tribunal is approving remuneration increases under parliament direction at the same parliament that is receiving the. Increased remuneration is that not feathering your. Own, nest well that's, The LEGISLATION rob i didn't invent the. Year legislation as how you would change. That around i'm not adverse. To change that's how. Legislation works but what's the point for the savings or are we just being bitter and twisted because we think these people are getting? A quid and if you didn't have those people in there doing, those jobs who would you appoint into? Those jobs you'd want somebody in those jobs for. LESSER money i. DON'T know i don't see it. That way we all know the price of everything in the value, of nothing many. Of us Brian in, Richmond morning.
Speaker 17: Come, On, in tony have. The night you're talking about the league teams with the s's at the end, this way.
Speaker 1: The nicknames for the? Which one they've all got issues on the end except, for one and we said It.
Speaker 11: Was i'm going to put you to.
Speaker 17: The test see if you.
Speaker 1: Can, Remember Yeah, port power.
Speaker 21: That's.
Speaker 17: It NOW the vfl is very similar a LOT of i don't know if you're FOLLOW, the vfl.
Speaker 1: Not so MUCH as i. Once, Did, brian.
Speaker 11: No The k burger Of.
Speaker 17: The burghers it's the same thing THE but i don't Know What gelong west. Nickname is like You've, Got, port Melbourne, The, boroughs Frankston, The, dolphins Sandranham, the ZEBRAS and I can't i don't Know What gelong west. Nickname is so it's a lot of vessas IN the vfl.
Speaker 1: As well well let me let me just do a very quick Check, as brian you raise a really interesting point there. As well so if you look AT the vfl, teams NOW so i don't KNOW that i could even tell you all the teams IN. The Vfl so i'm impressed that you can.
Speaker 17: Go, Through Frankston, frankston's, dolphins, Yep, okay Sandrinham, The, zebras Williamstown The, Sea, Gulls, coburg coburg what Are, the Coburg, The, burghers Preston? What's Presston, President Preston. Presston, Preston yeah i'm trying to think about president in Spring vow so would that would that include SOME am i on the. Right list i'm LOOKING at Vfl The Boux, Heel HAWKS. Southport, vfl yes, that's, It Right casey demons, Of, Course Yeah, Coburg, Werribee, Carlton Frankston, Geelongcat's, Port melbourne Essen And, Gold, Coast Sandriam Northern.
Speaker 1: Bull ants well THEY all i don't.
Speaker 17: THINK this i think they've all, got this.
Speaker 1: Haven't, they well they've all got So, the Hawks, the Giants, the Dogs. The lions what would Would THE richmond vfl Be the tigers? As?
Speaker 29: Well Uh?
Speaker 21: You're Werby?
Speaker 15: What's?
Speaker 17: Worby now whereby used to Be?
Speaker 11: The tigers well it just.
Speaker 1: Doesn't say they just Got WEER aby, Vfl Team GELONG katz, Vfl Team PORT adelaide. Vfl team what are? The, nicknames brian, keep listening somebody will let. Us know i'm not. Sure either, that's, right good well, Done You, Thank brian thank you for raising That. In Adelaide, hello ellison how are you? Really?
Speaker 31: Well good i've got, to comment a question and answer and? A, Movie right so what what you were what you were discussing with politics? AND democracy i totally agree, With you so there.
Speaker 25: We go that's.
Speaker 1: All cool, And, look allison my intention is not that people and necessarily agree. With me i'm just trying to work it out of my own head how it works and does it work for the most part in. OUR favor i would say it. It does but there are others, who say because they disagree with a lot of the things with which we, end up that it doesn't. Suit them it doesn't, suit them and therefore they would want to get rid of the idea. Of democracy and it's not a. Perfect system it's not a, perfect system but.
Speaker 25: It's the best we've got at.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 31: Moment exactly we've got to have, much, Worse right so my discussion is not. Really worthwhile but my little, question, is so if you could be a tool or any item from, your shed what would?
Speaker 1: You, Be, OH alliston i reckon? A, Tool well i've been called that over, the years more recently than you. Might imagine, I'm, thinking allison probably probably some sort. Of, sow yes THAT'S what i.
Speaker 31: WENT WITH i i was tossing up, a FEW but i ended up with.
Speaker 1: Circular, SAW yes i think so something. Like that a circular sore.
Speaker 7: Because it can.
Speaker 25: Move freely it's a job.
Speaker 31: Done, with arm stream. And skill but it can. Cause damage it can.
Speaker 1: Cause damage even. When, required absolutely that. Is great that. Is wonderful.
Speaker 31: And there's a movie on at. The moment It's, called rendition really good craft metal strips, in it, And yeah i've just started. Watching it so that's one to Pop.
Speaker 1: On ellison on what platform?
Speaker 11: Is it do?
Speaker 1: You Know, World Movies, world Movies Vis, World, MOVIE Oh sbs world and it's Called.
Speaker 31: It's channel.
Speaker 1: Thirty, Two oh channel, THIRTY.
Speaker 25: Two Sbs world Movie.
Speaker 1: Ps World, Musician. Rendition rendition well has she ever made a? Bad? Film, no no ever made a?
Speaker 15: BAD film i don't.
Speaker 31: Think. So, no yeah but there's someone else In A blonde GIRL and i just can't remember. Her name.
Speaker 1: You'll know would There Be, Rene Witherspoon, yese Witherspoon Do Jake Gillen Hall, reese Witherspoon elean Ark?
Speaker 8: And Wow And the Guide.
Speaker 31: From orphan if you've ever, seen that that's a weird.
Speaker 1: Little movie it is a weird. Little film look. At That the allans OF the cio begins questions his mission after witnessing an unorthodox interrogation of a secret detention facility OUTSIDE. The us it goes back. In time that was MADE in. O, seven, Oh Okay and i've got one other movie, For You, like father Like.
Speaker 31: Some it's it's all got subtitles because it was Made, in japan so They speak japanese or.
Speaker 7: Whatever they spa really.
Speaker 31: Good Movie baby's got swapped at birth and the trauma and emotional stuff that both families had to. GO through i watched, It Today.
Speaker 1: Very japanese brother. Looks beautiful maybe it's a country Made, in japan Made. In japan the film look a a really. Good movie face's life changing decision after receives a phone call from the hospital informing that his biological son was switched.
Speaker 31: At, birth wow after having him for, six years like.
Speaker 1: Fatherlike son good to talk. To you thank you. For that always good to have you on the program, and listen see you if you'd like to, join us a jump on board anything you would like. To raise we're just having a bit of fun as we go through the. Morning together i'm sorry that the Great man james didn't want to continue. That, conversation james you'd be more than welcome on to discuss. It politely and it's okay. TO disagree i get it is okay to Disagree because i've always taken the view that all great minds won't. Think alike write that down FOR the t shirt so much some of these people that send fabulous sex would come on board and just talk some of those funny things that. They write it's really amusing in many. Many WAYS and i say that with much love. And fondness, You, said tony the independent tribunal is approving remuneration increases under the direction of same parliament that's receiving. Increased remuneration is that feathering?
Speaker 6: The?
Speaker 1: Nest rob that doesn't. Make sense it's. COMPLETELY independent i don't, Know, how hey, you can whether you don't like the word, of independence. They're there they've got a job to do under an. Active parliament it's an, active parliament is, my understanding and therefore Under the act they are independent away from, the politics regardless of who they are at any. Given time given that this is, my understanding goes back to nineteen, seventy three where is the problem? In that where do you see the gap? In? That rob thank you for, Sharing. Though tony Wondering how james feels about sports people learning more than the man responsible for, Our, country well that's, another. One k it's a very very. Good point is it okay that some of our some of, our players and we, love them are ruining an, s sload an absolute, s load way more per annum than the prime minister of the country and it's just. A, game nathan, Morning.
Speaker 32: Pint tony how?
Speaker 6: He?
Speaker 11: Is well?
Speaker 32: Thank, YOU oh i Start to jay doesn't pass a message. Onto him oh.
Speaker 1: That's Okay well i'll put you, Back, there Nathan and i'll talk.
Speaker 7: To you i'll talk.
Speaker 1: TO you i thought you want to pass a message On.
Speaker 32: To, jay, no, no no from your remember. That message i'll ask you This.
Speaker 1: TO nathan I get i get a lot, of messages and you have to. Forgive me it might have been for, the birthday. Was?
Speaker 32: It, YEAH yeah i did, About.
Speaker 1: That okay dually nearly had a, Heart. Attack nathan just by way, of apology we deal with sometimes ballpark every week about two hundred and, fifty CALLS and i just can't remember every single one and direct. Them, ACCORDINGLY unfortunately i just want, to, Say, Hey, joan yeah it was lovely over on. The, Program YEAH.
Speaker 32: And i would have thoughted to say back. TO her i just wanted to Know how tiffy's bathrooms, going.
Speaker 1: WELL as i understand that the bathroom's going, really well which is. Really. Nice nathan, thank You and Justin, in frankston good morning.
Speaker 11: To you, Good Morning.
Speaker 33: Tony mac how are you.
Speaker 1: Now we're still waiting for the money to drop into our very accounts for Myself. And, jay yes well.
Speaker 34: There's been a bit of an issue because of.
Speaker 9: My.
Speaker 35: Banks, no Yes so i'm going to try and sort it Out on smart Today.
Speaker 1: To, tuesday yes So old and because you're your, very spectacular very, congenerous donation is that we're a hold for our.
Speaker 36: Philanthropic, pursuits YES now i think one of your previous callers couldn't think OF the. Bfl, teams yes THE great vfl teams Right across victoria.
Speaker 1: In, PARTICULAR yes.
Speaker 34: I can actually name almost all.
Speaker 1: Of them i'll bet. You can so go from the.
Speaker 36: Very, Top okay so you've Got The. Carlton blues you've Got The.
Speaker 34: Coburg lion you've Got The. Casey scorpions.
Speaker 6: You've Got.
Speaker 1: The scorpions are They The?
Speaker 34: Casey, Scorpions Yes.
Speaker 21: Casey?
Speaker 11: Scorpions, Really, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay They're The.
Speaker 34: Casey, scorpions okay. Very, good yes and then you've Got The. Frankston dolphins you've got the.
Speaker 1: Sure they're not also known As The. Casey demons, well.
Speaker 34: Sorry, yes sorry You're Right.
Speaker 36: Casey demons so, My, mistake okay.
Speaker 34: My mistake.
Speaker 1: What about what About Those. Northern, bulands yes so.
Speaker 36: They were previously Called the Preston, bull land but now they are now known As.
Speaker 34: The Yes The.
Speaker 35: Northern, bulands yes and then you've got now you're Talking, About richmond, richmond side so they are still Called The. Richmond Tigers.
Speaker 1: Richmond tigers. Are good. That's good you've got a good. Listen there justin, thank you that's.
Speaker 34: All right and JUST before, I go i just want to let you know that my birthdays in two.
Speaker 22: Weeks time two.
Speaker 1: Weeks time we've made a note, of That justin, god willing we'll talk. Before then, thank you and good luck with the bank. Later today are? You EXCITED because i think we're up to four hundred and fifty and if you could make it an easy, five hundred then we could have a bit of fun with that five hundred and give that away as part of our jau up for that you. Could share you could be like, the, remunal tribunal philanthropic good from the. Overnight program make sure the tea's across and. That's right you could be in charge like The like anthony, The accountant, Leo morning i'm. Pretty good what, about, You, Oh.
Speaker 12: TONY tony, i read yes MORE than i just couldn't hang on his. LONG hands i.
Speaker 1: Got time oh well that.
Speaker 6: Happens, sometimes, yeah yeah tell YOU what i what was going to really?
Speaker 12: Talk About the Melbourne and?
Speaker 17: Port game what?
Speaker 1: A game And poor adelaide were just too Good, on sunday?
Speaker 12: Weren't, they yeah well TELL you i, want confidence, YOU know, I said i spoke to my son ABOUT and, i say it's going to be a hard report when they can, do it but it's going to. Be HARD but i didn't think that went the way. They did do you KNOW what? I?
Speaker 1: Mean, TONY yeah i know you. Love him you're always going to. Love. Him, Leo.
Speaker 12: Yeah tony something that's two more Quick things i'm like to talk about, you please.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 12: Me matthews i've seen. Him play i've seen him with play Here and. Ala years but he Played for victorian Team Case. Down, AUSTRALIA yeah i agree with it in. A way he's raised the greatest player Ever.
Speaker 1: Played victoria he's a, great player, wonderful player isn't he a great personality and a fantastic part of OUR THREE a w team?
Speaker 12: As, Well, yeah tody would you would you say that he would be the greatest player to ever played the Game, in victoria.
Speaker 1: Big question let me. Throw, that well he'd be up there in the top four. OR five i would have thought for, various reasons but certainly most would have him at least in the. TOP five i Would.
Speaker 11: Think, leo yeah but the.
Speaker 12: Experts Of victoria mappy was.
Speaker 1: The, greatest, Yeah Well kenny kenny would say. THAT too i think who would you think is the best Out Of South? Australia leo ever.
Speaker 12: In, my books well that there's been. A PERIOD if i were going TO so i called you back, A CAR if i were going to pick, my PICK if i picked my, BEST three i would have to Say even Robert And. Malcolm bite they had three.
Speaker 1: Of, My Books So, Russell Ebert.
Speaker 12: Barry Robin And. Malcolm.
Speaker 1: Bite, Yeah See barry robin was a, great player Wasn't he wasn't he?
Speaker 12: He went he was a Champion and i'll tell you how to. Play him tony. Don't mind he played For conny wood and he was as he Played, for norwood they called him.
Speaker 1: Fabulous Fuel Never, Phil Cardon phil carton who Played for melbourne.
Speaker 11: As well THAT'S why i think he.
Speaker 12: DID too i did play k.
Speaker 1: He did he Played for melbourne for a little WHILE and i think it was a massive amount of money in. Those days And if, I'm right i'm going to say he came and he was being paid something like forty five thousand dollars. A, year yeah well that was a lot.
Speaker 12: Of, Money. THOUGH tony i don't know if, you know but his Nickname Was, Fabulous Field.
Speaker 1: Fabulous phiel he Was fabulous Phil.
Speaker 12: Car YEAH can i just say Something About phil carbon please remember he remember at, the time but he had money the umpire.
Speaker 1: Did he allegedly just, in case just in case, he's listening.
Speaker 12: He did he didn't anybody is he just want to budge him on. That event he didn't.
Speaker 1: Even know you're not learned to. Do that you're allowed to touch. The, umpires, yeah yeah tell You what.
Speaker 12: I'm saying sometimes we can lose that camp and we do. See him We, gret DAUGHTERER but i thought.
Speaker 26: He was.
Speaker 12: He was he got he did the wrong. For you he got twenty weeks. FOR that i think it was a.
Speaker 1: Bit, hard yeah he goes back in, time there. Twenty weeks it was a. Bit hard well at. The, time yeah you makee. Me laugh thank you for that the four hundred and fifty thousand. Dollars check this is a text ending in six. Three chevens is the four hundred and fifty two thousand dollars check? Has bounced who would? Have thought? What ever? Drugs? ON well. I can't i don't. Know that who appointed? The Tribunal And dan Andrews? IN victoria i don't? Know federally or why is it SIMPLY? A cpi i don't, know either is the answer?
Speaker 37: To that?
Speaker 1: Thank you it's done by an. INDEPENDENT tribunal i don't know which part. Of that people don't seem. To wander it's independent of all those organizations Under an Act of parliament going back to early part of. The seventies one double and somebody else, Is, saying tony we missed. Our calling we should have all gone. Into politics well it's not. TOO late i encourage people to go, into politics young people, in particular. Get involved the, money's there go. For it why would you not have a bite to? THAT cherry i don't know how many over. THE years, I mean i bet there's politicians listening, our politicians former Politicians. Across australia whether you be listening to three ow Here. In melbourne perhaps whether or not you have been a politician or no Politicians In, south australia or maybe you are a politician or have worked as a POLITICIAN in wa and you know who, you are feel free to join the program and let me let us know about particularly in. FEDERAL politics i. Don't know there might be slightly different. In state each state might have a different regulation around it as how they arrive at a salary in the at state level one double three six. Nine three there is always plenty to, talk about? Isn't there and those That are i'll tell YOU what i. FIND intriguing I think i'm intrigued by the fact that many seem TO be i, don't know almost, almost cross almost a bit across about the idea of politicians being. Paid anything so how do you manage that? Better then and why would that be? The case how do you get the WHY am i hearing things in?
Speaker 11: My phone in?
Speaker 1: My headphones did you? Do that? Did you was it?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: THINGS sorry i COULD hear i could. Hear them? Thank you scared of living you? Know what out?
Speaker 25: Of me?
Speaker 1: Thank you so it's just a matter of why people have this very poor view. Of politicians why do we? Have that why don't we? Support them why don't we, Encourage them why don't we? Motivate them why don't we? Applaud THEM and i say this because pretty MUCH since i started following politics as a kid Reading, the herald reading the papers back in, the day and so as a kid reading about men's he's found. It fascinating sixties.
Speaker 37: And.
Speaker 1: So forever the narrative is all politicians Are As ross stevens, would say. Are redacted all politicians, are redacted which is a. Lovely EXPRESSION and i don't think that it's. A case, i mean politicians serve us as they are meant, to do for the, most part and that comes with, a fee. A salary what's the better way to? Do that jump on, board one double three six nine three anything you want? To, Raise, hello, Sandra Morning.
Speaker 38: Hi tony how?
Speaker 1: Are you, i'm fantastic and thank you.
Speaker 25: For.
Speaker 38: ASKING listen i didn't wish you a happy birthday the, other day so happy birthday for the.
Speaker 1: Other day it was a, joyful weekend let me, Tell. You sandra It, Started friday friday afternoon and continued right across.
Speaker 3: The weekend are that on the bend Love.
Speaker 29: WITH bolly.
Speaker 38: I want to talk to you about the complete lack of facilities Here in rearwood at the shopping center for. DISABLED people i am now at the stage of LIFE where i need to use a walking frame to, get around WHICH means i need to use the. Disabled toilets and the OTHER day i needed to use them at the, shopping center so we went. To one, it's BUSY so i went all. THE way i had to walk quite a distance to the. Next one it, was BUSY so i had to go up to the third floor to use the one on the, third floor which was two floors up, AND anyway i was quite pleased that each showed a. Green LIGHT so i went to press the button and THE minute i pressed, the button that went red in the cold and give someone?
Speaker 24: In't it but.
Speaker 38: Well it was there must have BEEN because i had only just gone. Into it so starting to get a little bit frantic, by now.
Speaker 1: Because, You're thinking i've got to go, To go i've got.
Speaker 38: To, go, WELL yeah, i mean, You know i'm nearly sev me. TO know i do have a little bit of problems in. That area and, so anyway there's a council area just around there so, waiting THERE and i can always use the ones in, the library so fortunately they, were AVAILABLE but i mean it was quite a while between THE time i tried to use the first one AND when i eventually was able to. Use one, you know but there aren't enough this disabled toilets in the whole. Shopping center.
Speaker 25: They need to.
Speaker 1: Use, Them, Well sandra i'm not sure how how we would better manage that is the expectation that there be. Simply, more.
Speaker 24: Well and, YOU know i know that they're.
Speaker 38: They're actually indicated for, general USE but i mean sure able bodied people can go and use the. Ordinary ones often find able bodied people coming out, of them.
Speaker 1: You know do, we, know though when when you talk about somebody who's abled bodied coming out of, a toilet how do you determine that they don't have they can walk on their?
Speaker 39: Two?
Speaker 38: Legs well in, Their, tweeting, well well.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this. About that i've known people who may look as if they're, so called as you, would say, abled body but also have some other issues that may not be so. Glaringly obvious is The point?
Speaker 11: I'm making, OH yeah, i. Guess, Sir yeah and so.
Speaker 1: The idea of looking abled body. DOESN'T mean, I mean i could possibly look at you and goble there's nothing wrong, with you but you know that there clearly is some issues that you have. To manage and that would be the same for many.
Speaker 12: Many people and, YOU know i was telling a really terrible day the.
Speaker 38: Other DAY so i go into my local CAFE where i have, my coffee and YOU know i often have they do a good pump and soup which is gluten free, and ANYWAY so i said to the guy that you know serves. The soup, YOU know i said, TO him i was there any chance of having? Some, soup oh we haven't been able to make. Any TODAY so i didn't get my soup, that DAY so, I thought I think i'll just go Back to ben started.
Speaker 12: Again today you had.
Speaker 1: A shocker so, they said we haven't been able to make it doesn't take that much to make pointiful.
Speaker 38: Pumpkin, soup, no, no, YEAH yeah i was quite disappointed, about that, you know because, YOU know i guess they just got busy and didn't get time to.
Speaker 1: MAKE it, i get do you do you roast when you're? Doing it do you roast? The? Pumpkins YEAH well i, didn't actually but the.
Speaker 38: Time improved last night because my next door, Neighbors husband my next door neighbors are, really kind and my next door neighbors husband appeared on the doorstep with a big ice cream container full of suit.
Speaker 1: For me don't you? Love it don't you love it when people?
Speaker 38: DO that i sought things are looking, up tone, you KNOW so i. HAD to i had to ring you and turn you, you know as. You did i've got to stop being, a grump.
Speaker 1: Not, At, all sandra and please, you did and hopefully the good people that bring with shopping center might be listening and take your your thoughts.
Speaker 38: On, board, yeah, well thanks thanks again for listening To.
Speaker 1: My, You, know sandra you're more, Than welcome you're more. Than welcomer it's always good to have you on. The program, thank you. Thank, You hello deb in w. A. Morning hi how are, you? Going dear, I'm well thank you. In yourself.
Speaker 15: I'M good i was.
Speaker 33: Just bringing UP because i was listening to, your PROGRAM and i always Listened. FROM perth i. WAS listening i used to Listen To todd johnson who.
Speaker 1: Was excellent was he was more, than excellent he. Was Fantastic absolutely i'll.
Speaker 33: Miss him and now listen, to YOU and i just have TO say i don't think He treated james very well when he was talking about, his politicians ONLY.
Speaker 1: Because i had to go to. The, NEWS unfortunately i could HAVE gone i could have gone on. With it we had to do the break to go out to news at.
Speaker 33: The year and you say that people don't say good things, about politicians and, that's, because.
Speaker 31: Yeah they earn what.
Speaker 33: They earned we don't, care whatever but they don't they don't. Do anything and the one we had here. Was wonderful mark McGowan Exceptional And. Ben white they were exceptional and they did everything they said and they went against other states.
Speaker 1: To, Everything Yeah benny white was a. Great bloke is a. Great Bloke, Benny, White, morning ben if. He's listening.
Speaker 33: Mart McGowan and they stood up and. Said no so we don't have all bad things to say. About politicians and they deserve, their wages but we just get a little bit lost with what. They say they, don't deliver they don't keep up.
Speaker 1: Their. Promises nothing, give me just give me an example That deb i've.
Speaker 33: Been said, since then, since McGowan it's been sad in, wa especially it's not been.
Speaker 1: The same so you're not happy with the estate goverment over there at, The moment i'm not. At all, and, no no and yet they've. Been us the people have voted.
Speaker 15: For.
Speaker 33: Them no and when we went, to election no one knew who to vote for and everyone was doing donkey votes and not voting.
Speaker 11: For, anyone, Well.
Speaker 1: Deb i've got to say, to you that's not. QUITE right, i mean the current government was voted in with some pretty strong numbers IN w a and it went down to, the wire certainly in, some seats including the Seat, of kelgoolie but it was. A win so the the idea of the idea of suggesting that they don't. DO much, i mean that's the idea of that is the idea. Of democracy it's, not, perfect deb but it's. A win they won the they won, the election they. Formed government there was no one else. To, vote well, that's right. Exactly right so so so so why don't why don't people stand?
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 1: Politics deb why don't?
Speaker 37: You?
Speaker 40: What?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: What what why don't? YOU stand.
Speaker 33: I don't want, to, Stand ah and that and that's a.
Speaker 1: That's a very. Important point so all of us say we don't want, to stand but we're also really cheesed off something to lax with those. That do does that in any way make sense? To, anybody yeah so you're not Happy with you don't want, to stand but you don't like the people. Who. Do, no, OH deb i got to. Tell you can you really believe that that makes any sense? At all?
Speaker 33: It does it meant the people got standing are?
Speaker 2: No good.
Speaker 1: That's right so how do we attract the people that you would want to stand to actually put? Themselves forward Is what I'm? Asking, DEB yes.
Speaker 33: I understand that you won't attract them because people don't believe in.
Speaker 11: The system so what do?
Speaker 1: We do so what system would you put in place that would make that?
Speaker 33: More valuable we just need good people to stand up and say what they're going, to do and they go and.
Speaker 1: Do it name one Of those name one of, Those people name one, of them.
Speaker 15: Because there's none.
Speaker 1: Of them Come, deab by love you. For that it's just a fascinating conversation goes run and round. And around we've got to do this when we. Come back more of. Your calls It is australia. Over Night i'm. Tony mcmaus good morning to you wherever you are not sure we do the payment politicians if you've just joined us for the first time where everywhere Right around australia just talking, about politicians federal politicians salaries, in particular because there's a bit of a. Bump up the point about that is it's all based On The, remuneration tribunal which is a form of the group that get on board and they have a look at these things as part of a nineteen seventy three regulation that came out nineteen. Seventy three so it's been going along for that amount of times a. Long. Time now point of that is do we pay more or do we pay? Them less in? Your opinion and why is it we Have such when you just said the, previous caller who was a, Previous, caller jake there was a fantastic caller from deb Deb. In perth, he, said oh they're all. No, good well if we assume that we're all, no good that then assumes from somebody like dere well we don't like the idea, of democracy so let's discard the idea. OF democracy I know i'm sounding a bit like a broken record, on this but if we don't like the idea, OF democracy i happen to light the idea. OF democracy i think The most australians like the idea. Of democracy if we don't, do that let's get rid of the. Whole lot let's dismantle The Whole federal Government. Of, australia gone, no camera, know nothing. All gone who do we put? In charge and who runs?
Speaker 11: The joint?
Speaker 1: And how and at? What cost and at? What price and will we? Trust them and how would they how would they? Be appointed who is it would? Appoint them maybe The? Remuneration, tribunal pete what do? You reckon?
Speaker 8: Tell you here, you?
Speaker 7: Go man what do?
Speaker 13: You, THINK yeah i just got that politician a couple of minutes about talking over me and cut.
Speaker 15: Me off.
Speaker 1: I've only got a couple of minutes because we're going to the news. Very shortly peak, fire away go, All.
Speaker 13: Right uh you can put THE chief, afl officer the one who just Pull into i'm uh going back to. An election that guy's got more power than the.
Speaker 29: Prime, minister okay forget.
Speaker 14: About that.
Speaker 13: What you're talking, About democracy let me give you. An example democratic elected person say to, Another country i'm going to, attack you but you are threatening to attack. My country that by me, Attacking you i'm gonna save, my PEOPLE but i can't guarantee my people's safety if they. Fire, back now this guy was The mixed i'm elected by. The people he did not go to an election or vote for people to vote for his position to attack.
Speaker 1: Another, country, Sorry, sorry peter you're all over. The shop which which guy? Is it to which to whom you refer what happened?
Speaker 13: Last week i'm not going to say the Name was i'll get cut off the country last week that fired onto another country because he was threatened by, another country saying that you attack by people. And die i'll, attack you but he can't guarantee his people safety if they. Fire, back now that is a wrong way. Of Government taking westralia that covered. By oceans we will never understand that possibility of another country. Attacking us we get scared tactics or Submarines and china other countries trying to attack us from fifty thousand.
Speaker 8: Kometers away so.
Speaker 13: We haven't got a next door neighbor that's only a couple of hundred kometers a right that can. Attack us and we we live under this banner. Of democracy but our Life in australia is a, safest life and we are told that other people who help are.
Speaker 1: The same but surely we can only as. A nation priority is to be only concerned about what we can do as. A nation.
Speaker 13: What will happen If album easy goes out and attacked? Another, country yeah.
Speaker 1: Well maybe we got to do This. BREAK pete i wish we could pursue that a. Bit longer one double three six nine three more after. The news oh so much to, talk about so very very little time in which to talk. About it if you'd love to, join us you can do that at the. Other side one double three six. Nine three.
Speaker 30: Now This Is australia Overenized with, tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Great dab copany wherever you are Right. ACROSS australia i am the host of The Program. Australia overnight We, Hear, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday thursday friday night And then pat looks After Its. Saturday sunday, of course if you would like to be part of, THE program i think you know how it works, by now wherever you, are listening particularly if you're not called for a long time to hear, from me one double three six. Nine three the text line it is just hysterically if you could only just sit here for a couple of minutes and read some of. These texts. They're wonderful zero four double seven six nine three six. NINE three a regular contributor via Text. Is bruno he Says that tony mcpoliticians are. Like bananas they go into the job green with, good intentions then they tow the, party line and at the end they come out. ROTTEN rotten, I say i'm not sure that that is indeed. The case there is no evidence whatsoever that a politician comes out rotten unless you can give me the full description of what you mean. By rotten, rob says because my position On the, victorian situation there is. No, accountability Well the victorian situation. IS fascinating i agree with, You. That rob there is no accountability for decision making where there will be come the, election time there will be Plenty of that is. The ultimate the ultimate accountability is whether or not they get. Re elected that's how it works in. A democracy that's where the real. ACCOUNTABILITY sits i would, have thought tell me if you think there's a better way to, Manage. That tony in terms, Of donations liz Says that tony gives some Money the royal. Flying doctor they do. AMAZING work i agree with you, On. That liz they should more money for domestic violence, against women, small farms, for vets. Mental health i'd buy a houseboat money to save to children. And grandchildren good, On, you liz. WELL done i hope you were coming. To plenty there are so many Texts and i'm just not going to get to all, of THEM but i thank each and everyone. For listening tony is. A listener you are lucky to have me as a listener because it's good for the RATINGS when i throw the. Hand grenaggs i'm not sure that is, the Case because i'm getting plenty of text saying this is a. Boring subject this is a. Boring subject so it's the. Old thing you cannot please all the people all of. The time so those, that, say oh this is a, boring subject just send me. One topic, one topic one that you would like to hear discussed, by me but not so much, by me certainly by Listeners. Across australia just one never do they never Send them Michael, And Weariby.
Speaker 12: Morning tony it's ONLY before i talk politics or people that they keep board. WITH it i say, for you.
Speaker 1: What's that love good seguek love it.
Speaker 11: Get dolls or you.
Speaker 12: Get dol's you know you know you get no why you know you? Get, null.
Speaker 1: YEAH but i suppose when you've got a bit, of age you Would hope michael wouldn't know that there's comes with some sort of experienced slash Wisdom.
Speaker 12: Exactly mine's take up in the morning you joined. Stiffen up, you know you kind of crack your head, and yeah, there's.
Speaker 1: That and that she's paining down the leg that you didn't used, to have or that pain down the. Lower back, you, think oh where's that? Come from one of the joys of getting a.
Speaker 12: Little older he is coming out Of these.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong. About that bits and pieces come out of places you didn't even know how. TON orifice, I thought.
Speaker 12: I'm driving now like. You do but if my DRIVE and i haven't been driving much and it's all like you lose touch, a bit do you, Feel, that YEAH because i haven't don't drive.
Speaker 8: A lot i want to drive.
Speaker 12: A lot is like about second thinking. About it but unless you do things as you, get older think. It's worse, you know you got to.
Speaker 1: Keep bett you've got to and you've got to concentration levels are so, important too that's. The thing having, Said, THAT michael i still, love driving love getting behind a car and going for, a drive going to, the shops going for a. Longer run it might be Down To, phillip island or it could be Across, to hamilton up To. Beller at, YOU know I just i. Love it although the roads dreadful.
Speaker 12: To, be chaotically these people savage in. A hurry i can't ENJOY what i.
Speaker 1: Used, to yeah the TRAFFIC is i agree with the Traffic. At shasenhausen oh they've.
Speaker 12: Got nuts some people the CARS were i were talking with nine number. OF plates i swore he just just.
Speaker 11: Pinched it but.
Speaker 12: Let's it is these days and getting it roughy in.
Speaker 1: Some areas apparently. It is apparently. IT is i told you there was a counter we passed the place the. Other day it was a late model bench but all but brand news might have been twelve or eighteen, months old and it was traveling at a rocket. Ship speed no plates on, the front no plates on the back are stolen or.
Speaker 12: Not, offuly yeah it makes one, FOR sure, I, think yeah it makes You won what stuff?
Speaker 6: Going?
Speaker 12: On police not ENOUGH place i think.
Speaker 1: Not enough coppers for two to follow.
Speaker 26: It.
Speaker 12: Up yep only with, THE politicians, i, think look, you Know like Howard, and hawk they were pretty down, the line like YEAH that i think you can pick UP the. BS type i think people are sharper than what. THEY think i think that's where they. Go wrong like you've got to be honest with. The public and we used to have a real character as a part of the Leadership. Of prime this would be down, the line you could pick, it up you can. Read it but now they've been playing the media BIT and i think that's an issue with the public a. TRUST fit i think it's a trust fact that you KNOW what, i mean what do, you think don't it that's? The, thing, YEAH look i.
Speaker 1: Don't know you'd have to. Do it, somebody would no doubt have already. DONE one a thesis on what it takes to be a great leader a. Great Politician, in australia there was a time People Loathe. Paul keating They Loved, paul keating and they Didn't Like. Paul keating They Loved, bob hawk and then they Didn't Love. Bob hawk they Certainly Loved john howard for a long period of time and then. They didn't so THAT'S the i think that's really just how politics Works. In australia you can't.
Speaker 12: Please everybody you're never going to.
Speaker 1: Please everybody you're never going to do it all. The time you've got to say probably the Great mister howard was really extraordinary BECAUSE he, i mean when you think about those blues that he had early and really failed failed badly to become. A leader once, he did he was pretty damn good at what he did for a long period.
Speaker 12: Of TIME the ump just clean, that up the kind. Of thing so the leadership there was under what, he did, you know just to show to make the company better play safer bays.
Speaker 1: Here exactly and then you had other people that meant everybody all those years ago were raving about golf whitlam that didn't turn. Out, well no who?
Speaker 12: Started medicaid cough was A golf you? Started medicaid oh.
Speaker 1: Great question we'll just do a. Double search so when did medicare as we know it or medi BANK as i think it was first known? Medi bank when did? Medi bank i'm going to say probably you're right. About that during those early years of verse, seventy two so began Under The. Labor Party prime Minister golf withlam introduced legislation to create universal health in. Durance scheme it Was past, august seven nineteen, seventy four facing delays In. The senate medibank originally designed to the government run scheme providing freeman equal, hospital services howe shortly. Faced challenges revisions eventually Established in medicare in nineteen, eighty four but it HAD that dna Back in, july one nineteen. Seventy five so, you're right, Well done but what happened there with coffee just?
Speaker 12: Went down what was? The thing what happened was we.
Speaker 11: Got sacked what?
Speaker 1: CAUSED that, i forget there's a whole lot, of issues but Essentially The governor general of the day said this can't go on and applied for him to be flung and he was.
Speaker 8: Out of spent.
Speaker 12: The budget?
Speaker 1: Was, it well THERE was i think there, was that and there was also the fact that they really couldn't get their collective act together on a range. Of things, BUT yeah i mean it was an incredible Part of. Australian history really when we think. About it always Good To, chuck michael thank you for being part of. The program and look already see We've Mentioned bob hawk and people Are saying hawk was a con artist and, an alcoholic. A womanizer well yeah, he was but for a Long time australians really. Loved him see you think back to the great Promise That Prime minister hawk made when, He said i'm going to say. NINETEEN ninety i might be wrong. About that he promised that no child will be living in poverty by.
Speaker 6: The year.
Speaker 1: What was the year does? It say campaign launched in nineteen? Eighty seven i'm going to say it was, nineteen ninety but it might be wrong. About that that's what. It was by, nineteen ninety. Thank you by, nineteen Ninety no australian child will be living. In poverty that Was by paulk's election campaign nineteen. Eighty seven now it was pretty compelling of. The time i'm sure people Right across australia there are many listening who would remember. That vividly by nineteen ninety and no child will be living, in poverty and we, all, went wow there is something to which we can all. Look forward. No child how did it? END up i bet there were still Children then there are still children now who are living. In poverty now that's not against the Late mister hawk necessarily have a listened, to this people would remember these are the words.
Speaker 41: In, nineteen Ninety no australian child will be living.
Speaker 39: IN poverty i Refer The prime minister to the nineteen Eighty Seven Governor general's address which contained the commitment that quote by, nineteen ninety no child will live in, poverty unquote as it's widely conceded by groups SUCH as acos that in nineteen ninety there are still five hundred thousand children living.
Speaker 41: In poverty what he had done was not to sit here in the cabinet room or in the committee rooms of this government and think up ourselves what should be the levels of financial payment to deal with. This issue but we had specifically sat down with the organizations who are at the front of dealing at the face of dealing with, this issue and in consultation with them we fixed, the targets and those targets were percentages of the married pension rate which would be paid to low income families to ensure that the objective would be meant that there would be no financial need for any time.
Speaker 1: Go and it. Went on but when you think. About it it was a pretty compelling discussion at, that time and that goes back early eighty seven for that campaign saying that by nineteen ninety no child living. In, poverty well it's pretty, interesting time. Wasn't IT and i just wonder whether we have a politicians of that ilk with that would be prepared to put the proverbials on the LINE to i, don't know sharpened people's senses around the possibility putting up those things as a. Real possibility you don't get, that now just briefly before we take more of these Calls that brendan will come to you in just. A moment there's not a day goes past of the MOMENT where i get asked to test drive an, electric CAR which i. Find incredible and there's not a day that goes past you driving around somewhere and, you, see oh what? Is that there are so many cars on. THE road I think dennesseere on three rw maybe last week talking, about this there are so many cars on the road that you no longer recognize we Are being there's a lot of different cars coming in Essentially, from china most of which are certainly electric and, or hybrid that are really hard to know which brand. They are it's an in curious and wonderful time if you. Love it if you're not, so keen where does it all? End up one double three six Nine Three Brendan, Melbourne.
Speaker 12: Morning, morning tony how?
Speaker 1: Are you, i'm well, Thank.
Speaker 11: YOU brendan i want to reply to WHAT that.
Speaker 7: I called it for the youth said The the irani literally the leadership differ ton Of The. United nasan one of the things demonizes is a right. TO exist i think then they go around funding all these head mus to group and then then they want to develop it worth them all will know who the first target birthday developed nuclear whether as.
Speaker 15: Just allow them to?
Speaker 1: DO that, I mean I be i'm BUGGING if i know he is. THE answer i can't work, it out and nobody has been able to. Tell me why is it that some countries, are, permitted happily Including The, united state dates to develop. Nuclear weapons other countries we know seemingly are allowed to develop, nuclear weapons and yet other countries we sort, of, say no you can't.
Speaker 3: Do, that.
Speaker 12: Yeah and the, it'.
Speaker 13: Well what what what?
Speaker 7: Government expect let's let's supposed to sit back and allow around.
Speaker 1: To, develop, WELL well i wouldn't have, Thought, so.
Speaker 7: Brandan and then around look at the two world is. DOING bums, i mean what what have you guys been doing for the last?
Speaker 1: Forty years and look for those of us that feel the pain and anguish associated with, any conflict, Any conflict none of that really. Makes sense there will always be justification for that sort, of behavior depending on which side of the fence. YOU sit i just don't see it. THAT way i see it as the idea of conflict at, that level it never ever works. Out well the loss of life children in particular that are born into the world and then are, seriously damaged if not loss, of life in, my mind a small as, it is makes absolutely. NO sense i don't care which side of the argument in, any conflict by, the way in particular, THIS one i guess because it's irrelevant. The moment but you Look, at russia you Look, at ukraine and the damage and the adreaful things that happens to children on both sides unacceptable to me to my way. OF thinking i should Point, out brendan, Thank, You, ray hello, darn well, Thank.
Speaker 15: You hi to all your, lovely Listeners and i'll send. Your blessings good on you ra. Thank, You, Yeah, TONY yeah i listen to you, every NIGHT and i love. Your Show but i've just got to SAY that i thought you're more kinder and a smart person than what you seem to be.
Speaker 1: Saying tonight and, go ahead, give me give me, an idea give me. An Example, roy well.
Speaker 15: Whenever someone rings up and they've got anything at all negative to say about, the governments you jump on the. Government's bandwagon you think they can't do.
Speaker 1: Anything wrong that's not at, All, true ray not at, All true not at. All true but you do it.
Speaker 15: Every time not at.
Speaker 1: All true i'm a great proponent of the Idea of i'm a great proponent of the idea of. A democracy democracy not, perfect system but for the, most part that's the system that we have and it serves. Us well but my, sense is having hosted this program now for a, long time having Been In talkback great you for a long, long time my sense is that people, don't understand for the, most part the idea of how. Democracy, works.
Speaker 15: Yeah you're seem to be saying out of. Luck, tonight YEAH but.
Speaker 1: I THINK but i think there's a fair bit of evidence if you listen. To them some of the way people call us contribute to the program and articulate their hatred for certain elements of. Our government but that's the system that. We, have ray it makes no sense to loathe it based on on. That alone it's not.
Speaker 15: That alone it's just do you think they're doing a good job of the state of?
Speaker 37: The?
Speaker 1: Plannet not not not always clearly clearly. They don't SO again i put it back, To, you ray what would you say is a system that's better than that that would make. A, difference.
Speaker 15: Well for, the start if they they get sworn and give all these promises and they just, break them and it's not like, you know so you don't KNOW what i? Mean there, like anything whatever they PROMISE that i, don't, deliver well they should be. Bloody, sacked yeah and.
Speaker 1: Who would? Sack them who would? Sack?
Speaker 15: Them yeah and should be some independent as already that, can sected doesn't? They say and who?
Speaker 1: Would you and who would appoint the? Independent? Authority ray.
Speaker 6: Who were?
Speaker 15: The point who would?
Speaker 1: Do it who would who would make? The appointment who are you?
Speaker 8: Asking?
Speaker 15: Me, LIKE yeah i, don't know you asked holderly, Lady before why Doesn't, she, WELL well i mean why doesn't she stand? For, APOLOGICS well i put it back.
Speaker 1: On you why don't you STAND because i have. No interest i'm very comfortable doing. My job.
Speaker 15: That's right but you said that you had to back up.
Speaker 1: The government but but the but the but, the reason the REASON that i wouldn't, stand IS and i had to crack at it a long. Time ago the REASON that i wouldn't stand now IS that i would encourage younger people to have. A, go.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's right that's what. They should we.
Speaker 1: Should be looking at younger people to get very involved in encouraging the what do you call yourself of the Millennials, before jay encouraging younger people to get very involved, in parties get very involved in, branch meetings go understand the issues and look at how they can. Do THAT and i have no doubt there are The young australians right across our nation who. Do that do they do it in? Sufficient numbers i'm? Not, Sure, ray well.
Speaker 15: That's, exactly right that's exactly what. It means and need needs a new a whole. New party like, You, say well that's, Right exactly but we.
Speaker 1: Don't want to throw we don't want to throw out the idea, of democracy do we even though it, has failings even BY your, i mean you're saying there are failings. In democracy does that mean you throw out? That, system no just.
Speaker 15: Better somehow i'm not sure that you know they take someone into the.
Speaker 12: Ship, house YEAH.
Speaker 1: But, i THINK but i think, you're right and that gets up people's snares or when, they do they don't spend it. Particularly, well, yeah.
Speaker 19: Yeah just.
Speaker 15: I'M sorry i didn't want to really bring, it up but you just mainly blood balls because you think the governments can do, no WRONG and i.
Speaker 16: Thought you.
Speaker 1: I've never said governments do. No, Wrong way i've never said, that government but you do.
Speaker 15: Because whenever someone rings up and says anything negative about, the government you're quick, to, say, oh, this.
Speaker 25: This.
Speaker 15: This yeah, i'm, sorry no not.
Speaker 1: At all i'm happy to have. The conversation i've never ever said anything about the government that they can do. No wrong i've never said that they do. Do wrong but give me the, better system IS what. I say give me a better system, Than that show me a better system and will. Adopt it but nobody's been.
Speaker 15: Able, to yeah they shouldn't be getting. A rise that's for the, first. Off anyway, but again should get.
Speaker 1: A rise it because because because it's Locked in. Australian, law yeah who locks it In some well, it's well, it's well it's. In, legislation, yeah absolutely it's. In legislation governments have voted, for that and that sits in the that's where it sits in terms of an independent tribunal who, Manages that and that's in. The system if we don't like, the system let's clear out, The, System, ray yeah that's what.
Speaker 15: We need we need another independent person to.
Speaker 17: To keep the.
Speaker 15: Other independence, that's.
Speaker 1: Right we'll have. Another independence and how many independent systems do? You want you want another independent system because you don't like the independent system that's already. In place, VERY well i, Don't, KNOW ray i agree. With it, it's confusing, it's confronting and it's dan, bloody annoying as, You say but it is a better system than we have in most countries around.
Speaker 15: The world why aren't they changing? The laws, you know people can't be safe in their own places, these days and the health systems up, the creek, you know and so you can't say it they do, no wrong but they don't do.
Speaker 1: Anything right where would you? Rather Live. Than, Australia, ray No, probably australia, Exactly right AND there i rest. My case, you know the idea of debating at school was always one of great intrigue and, great interest and whilst never particularly fantastic, at it certainly. Loved it the idea of having a heated discussion and planning to have a view about often, random topics to have, a view have, a thought generally served us. PRETTY well i encourage people who haven't been to a debate take up the idea of. Public speaking public speaking. Is fantastic if you can, do that you can do pretty much anything in life should you choose to.
Speaker 3: Do that.
Speaker 1: The idea of having, a view having, an opinion and then in, a debate the option of challenging people on their position as part of that debate is. Really illuminating why would you not? Do that the idea of just going along for the ride and accepting everything as it is and then complaining, about it but having, no option providing absolutely no option as to what are the other possible that. May be THAT'S all. I do i think THAT'S all. I do but you tell Me if. I'm wrong who were just? Talking to? Were before there a, Great, caller jay? Forgive me It? Was Ray and, ray said, oh no, you don't well sort of THINK that. I, do word it's the idea of having, a position and then if you don't like that particular position in terms of, anything political you've got to then come up with. The option what is? The option you don't, like politicians let's get rid of all of? Our politicians what do you put in? That place AND all I do ray is ask. That question i'm not too sure in your. Own definition you said you wouldn't want to live anywhere Else. In australia is?
Speaker 37: It?
Speaker 1: Perfect no any? Nation? Perfect no, back me we wouldn't want to live? Anywhere Else Surely New? York Morning?
Speaker 9: Then west? What's greatest?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 9: Out please politician's in there and their and their money. And whatever i've got a grandson Who's got wes syndrome. Which speeds he's having siege is probably every, thirty seconds so he's seven and.
Speaker 6: A half.
Speaker 1: Can't talk did you? Say that did? You say that's? Two rets.
Speaker 9: It's called WEST W S West West zindrame west break connectors haven't booked In so. I'm racing i'm.
Speaker 2: Not RACING am?
Speaker 9: I driving and NOW when i, Get home i'll shut up in the land room with the monitors and. My daughter do you get?
Speaker 21: To sleep.
Speaker 9: Because the beach man's going to. Get in so we're going to try and get into the hospitalistic which. We can we've got all drugs there to try and stop the big. Swee ship here. We, go YEAH so i lift him in and out of. The bath i'll Wait then i'll hop him there with him, way down, with him get up to him his breakfast so my daughter. Can sleep my wife will helped during. The day but we've got THE nd. I s we brought up order brought a wheelchair. For him the cost ten. Thousand dollars so then we brought in a. Car seat if you. Get him the carks getting so big we needed to seat. The swivel they're talking about a car seat that. Could swiveled that cost. Ten grand we didn't have to pay. For, it well POUR into i pay.
Speaker 1: For it we could be thank god it's there for.
Speaker 9: You, though yeah but it shouldn't cross. That much where's the people in the government that have hurt so much that they're going to look after it and try and take care of taking the schools some boardings and he's off the only one that's a skillful of a hundred kids that need. That talk and there's hundreds of schools like that. Across as but here's, people, saying, oh well you know we're going to give the politicians a pay rise and do everything, like that set up the pay rise that the, system is this is. The job if you love, doing it you. Get it i'm picking a number out it can get one hundred thousand dollars. A year how many times did we hear the policy AND saying i do IT because i love helping. The, community well help them, the community and get off your ass and help the people that really.
Speaker 12: Need it, my daughter not.
Speaker 9: Not, only her other under got a letter from the government, To say jackson has now, Turned six can you give us another letter to tell us here it? Was going or we send him a letter every year to say that it's a, brain damage he's never going to. Get better that they send it out every year on. His, BIRTHDAY now i watched my, daughter breakdown go through the procedure a writing that he has a seizer every. Thirty seconds look at. Up school wessn gome other people would. Do it so if you're, a politician and you love, the country do it for one hundred grand. A year you can still get your pension. And Retire And michelle bullock turned around and said when she took the job that she buys, Petrol two well will? We doe i'm not on four hundred thousand, a year and neither is ninety set of the people in. The country i'm driving a truck NOW because i like the job and the money, pays well and a part of it goes here and there. Or wherever that's decide. The story but if You, like australia you do it for the money that. You like you do that job painted because you, love it and you do it for. The money you didn't, like it you would jump straight out and go. Somewhere else and if the money wasn't right to the saints and the politicians turning around, and, saying, oh well we're going to independent people to look. Into it those independent people will probably get. THE same i don't want a. Million dollars you can't spend a million Dollars paying you can't, Spend, it no.
Speaker 1: You can't if you.
Speaker 9: Get one thousand dollars, a week what two hundred on the? House payment. A week this is two hundred on me car me two car favors at, six hundred two hundred on mass, eight hundred two hundred on gas or the judy or. Whatever else there's me grand a.
Speaker 7: Week and i'm doing that.
Speaker 9: Every week give me. A break so THAT'S all i want. To say i'm SORRY if. I COULD and i love your grand order the way she comes in, and says that's. My grandpa THAT'S what i want.
Speaker 25: To, give.
Speaker 1: Yeah it brings great joy to. Me, too neil you look. After Yourself and i'm just reading a bit About that. West SYNDROME It's wst, west syndrome a rare and severe type of epilepsy typically begins, in infancy specifically within the first year, of life characterized by specific seizure types called, infantile spasms, developmental regression and an abnormal brain. Wave pattern oh, my god there but the Grace. Of god, leo morning, Good.
Speaker 16: Morning yeah very good.
Speaker 6: Discussion today that's the problem.
Speaker 16: With democracy you'll never ever get to have.
Speaker 15: Everybody happy.
Speaker 1: It's impossible well that's the nature, of democracy isn't.
Speaker 42: IT exactly, i mean it's just a majority of votes and the majority wins who get voted in, AND unfortunately I think i've said before that we don't we rarely ever historically change govern unless there's a very, good reason like, a recession And then i'll try the next person and go, from there.
Speaker 1: Which provides provides, no guarantee of course it will.
Speaker 6: Be.
Speaker 16: Better no but on, another, point though that's NOT why i rang people looking at what's happening Now. In israel what they has been Missed that i've seen is, that one you've got an ideological regime that, is developing may have an atomic weapon who's willing to threatened other countries Apart from israel with, these weapons and that we call it with and they've got a certainly a Country like israel that we believe has their own weapons already because back in the sixties there was a one tested just about a couple of thousand k's out of we Call It, south african was determined that IT was israeli made Bomb with israel We Called south. African uranium so chances are there are that, you Know the urosulies, have them and if they hit with one a data they're, gonna say oh well.
Speaker 8: Bad luck, you, KNOW.
Speaker 40: Yeah i just it SCARES me, i mean, oh yeah this really has scared ME because, i mean look that that area is played with problems for hundreds.
Speaker 16: Of probably in our thousands, of years and, there's no it doesn't seem to ever be an end.
Speaker 26: To it.
Speaker 1: There is never an end. To, it no there is never an end. To, it leah you look, AT yep. I know and it's been going in different forms for a, zillion years.
Speaker 36: A.
Speaker 1: Zillion years this is. Not new this has been done, on forever certainly in my lifetime and before my lifetime a. Long time and so what the, Answer, is well nobody seems. To know we just go, Into this we go into this bizarre political, you know it's based often in religious idealism or, like thereof and, it's confronting and we want to shoot and maim and kill. Each OTHER and i, don't know it's not Something that i've ever thought was a, good Idea and i'm sure most of us don't think it was a, Good idea and yet there are people around the world doo things as a possibility for a range. Of, Reasons anyway i'm probably getting a bit too philosophical and looking at, the text people saying they're over this crime turning mak is out. Of control the police do, their part then the judges and magistrates let us down by letting. Them off maybe we should putting the blame, on Them. Says Gail, Maybe gail but, then again do you throw out? That system do you throw out our judicial system because it feels like it doesn't? Serve, US well i. Don't know and then if you didn't have that, judicial system what system would you put in that to? Replace, it again we go around in circles a. Little bit politics and overnight radio really, so ugly what? A spoiler take time to take a tablet for the headache this creates and turn off what happened, to, lighthearted fun enjoyable? Overnight topics, Well OCCASIONALLY and i don't set these, agenda up by, the way these are just things that people have been talking about based on the dissatisfaction with pay increases. For politicians that's how it. All started and if you don't like, THE topic i guess you can jump on board and change. The topic you're more than welcome to. Do that feel free one double three six nine three coming Up The chicken man a very. Funny text earlier to, See that jay said cannot wait. This morning given everything you've been, talking about it will be a real clarification just to have the chuk on. The program so you've got a bit of support for, the chook which is great coming up with the next hour and the cereal and lots of. Other, THINGS oh i want to talk to you. About transplants find out from People have this is a bit of a change. OF topic i made, a note have you ever had? A transplant is there anybody listening now that he's had a? Heart transplant any sort, of transplant could be a, kidney transplant all sorts. Of things THE reason i mentioned that is the first human kidney transplant took Place in chicago on this day back in. Nineteen fifty. Nineteen fifty. Long time let. Me go so if you've got anybody that in your family's had a transplant, of anything a transplant, of anything, heart transplant, kidney transplant, any one double three six, nine three love to hear about it, all, right listeners look at these text backbench, Of salary so you keep sitting in all, this information and yet people Say that i'm going to talk. About politics so backbench of salary increases two hundred and thirty Nine thousand cabinet ministers receive four twelve current politicians worthy of earning, that amount do they, really well it's a good question do any of us do any of? Us really do we really earn? That amount? They really? Do we any of us really deserve the amount of money that we. GET paid.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 1: Don't know you could argue that till the till the ends, come home. Couldn't, You chris.
Speaker 12: Morning morning i'm having a bit of a laugh.
Speaker 17: This morning.
Speaker 12: Present money you.
Speaker 1: Gotta laugh you've got to gig a. LITTLE bit i.
Speaker 12: Agree you and you're, a challenger which IS what i actually admire because you put it back on to people to have a think about what they've, just said because it usually doesn't make, any sense and then they run and up for covering square on, a bit and, you know and some of the things people say. Are alarious like that woman she said nobody voted for the Government and perth was, all gummy everything was all. GUMMY bats i was told no one voted, for them and, she's like, you know she's happy to roll, with that, YOU know, I mean i'm not, figguring on, you know but that's the sort of thing that people go on with and believe AND think i think that. You, Know, yeah look politicians can be a bit annoying. AT times i think generally they go in there and make.
Speaker 7: IT diference i think.
Speaker 12: Everyone does it's perhaps a much bigger system than. You realize once you get, in there you realize you can't necessarily do everything that you might.
Speaker 1: Have thought, You, can't no. You can't and having worked, for organizations including most recently for three or four years with an organization as Big as Save The children australia where you're running, these programs are involved with programs to look after the welfare of young people Right across australia, in desperate in, dire need and so part of that is churning out a lot of documents requesting funding. From government the amazing amount of money the organizations spend on, that alone hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars just to ask for, a loan, oh yeah hundreds of thousands of dollars to Spend across australia every week by various organizations just to get in front of government to us for the money to implement the programs that they've said they.
Speaker 12: Wanted, yep yeah she's a big system of bold down.
Speaker 11: De bureaucracy and That's.
Speaker 1: In australia imagine what that's Like in america or IN, the uk Or in france or in any nation Right, throughout europe all spending government money because the government doesn't spend. The, money.
Speaker 12: No and they do get ripped off, as well probably.
Speaker 1: They do some systems would rip it off. As, well, absolutely well we're.
Speaker 12: At all last with the bottom line at that where, the taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Where the people ultimately, Responsible, contact.
Speaker 12: Well the price gets a little, bit hiler doesn't it as soon as you know. It's government that's the way the systems, usually works.
Speaker 25: You KNOW what, I mean i do one.
Speaker 12: Of. Them yeah LOOK what i don't know's you've got to come up with. The ideas like, you said you've got to come up.
Speaker 1: With it we've got to come up with, And, improve yeah and new and fresh and encouraging and motivating, in him, you know embracing all the different. Ideas, required chris thank you. For that appreciate your comments one double three six Nine Three australia overnight And of brady coming up in the next hour of the program stright after. The news your cause, as well Lads and beverly will come. To you it's all Part Of australia.
Speaker 30: Overnight morning now This Is australia Overnight with. TONY McManus.
Speaker 1: I see love, that money just wonder.
Speaker 14: FROM you.
Speaker 1: I truth.
Speaker 7: A brave.
Speaker 1: Thank You. Fucking tuesday.
Speaker 3: Anything you why you? Got it anything you, got it.
Speaker 1: Anything that.
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Got it gorgeous Voice Wasn't roy obs bigger? Lads birth Good.
Speaker 25: Morning donny how you got.
Speaker 1: On the scale of one to ten about a nine?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 1: MORNING last i, GO on.
Speaker 20: I just heard the Forecast for melbourne's a bit call.
Speaker 1: Over there it's a little chilli Around the. Robert walls you Know what i'm.
Speaker 20: Saying, exactly hey, Hey mate i'm trying to tell. You something Tomorrow night we've got the state of, Origin here yes.
Speaker 1: You do it's a massive game coming up tomorrow and Night At. OPTAs, stadium, yes yes.
Speaker 20: AND light i know people say, this thing you, build it they.
Speaker 12: Will.
Speaker 1: Come yeah it's a, good point.
Speaker 11: Isn't?
Speaker 1: It Yeah and las for those in wa would know and those that may not be aware that the debate about getting that stadium Up In. Western australia my recollection it was probably fifteen years, or more just in discussions about where it, would go when it, would go how much it would cost for at least, Fifteen, years.
Speaker 20: Yeah exactly and when you drive across that, river there across, the bridge The Wind, dawn bridge and you see this, beautiful stadium and you know they, will come my family all coming down from all over the place for the game tomorrow night and summer up north somewhere down south and be a, full house a, full, house.
Speaker 1: Yeah and it'll be a mess of, you know that'll hold sixty if they, get that, You reckon they get pretty close to the. SIXTY tonight.
Speaker 20: I think it actually holds sixty, Five, Thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah bullpark so, you reckon they get pretty quest.
Speaker 20: Of that, oh, yeah yeah it's fully, sold out fully fully.
Speaker 1: Sold out well That les that says something? In itself?
Speaker 11: Does?
Speaker 1: It really always good, to? CHAT lads i got to move on because we've got the chuck in. The wings, Beverly, morning oh good.
Speaker 10: MORNING morning i think it will be humanity's greatest accomplishment when we finally abandon war and live together, in peace harmony.
Speaker 1: And friendship will we ever see that day in? Our, Lifetime beverly.
Speaker 10: Well As joan, byers said.
Speaker 1: Deep in, MY heart i do believe we shall come. Some day what a great.
Speaker 10: Piece OF music. I, KNOW so i mean she does, say, Someday.
Speaker 1: Someday and she was doing that in, the sixties and here we are a long. Time later there is still, No, closer beverly we are improving.
Speaker 10: Some ways, for example two hundred, years ago people would have picnics as they watched people. Being, executed yeah well.
Speaker 1: There's that. There's that or they'd get up very nice and early in, the morning, quite civilized really a couple of pistols and then start to back to back and then just go around and have a crack at. Each.
Speaker 10: Other, yeah anyway talking about something. MORE pleasent I Love. Roy orbison he has a, beautiful voice.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he he did have a beautiful voice when he was, with us and we get to hear his music even to.
Speaker 10: This day do you know his song Walk? On beautiful, so expressive.
Speaker 1: Isn't, it yeah he does a great version of anything that. He did really is.
Speaker 37: Just.
Speaker 10: GORGEOUS yeah i also used to Like in dreams was.
Speaker 1: Another favorite One in dreams? Is beautiful can we Put in dreams on the list to? Play it sometimes it. Is lovely good on. Your beverly thank for that. Great nomination, Thank you Gregory. In, Adelaide morning, Good.
Speaker 11: Morning tony how do.
Speaker 1: You do i'm well, IN yourself, I, hope yeah not.
Speaker 11: TOO bad i am you after about transplant PATIENTS and i am now five years post a full, limit TRANSPLANT and.
Speaker 1: I comte.
Speaker 11: I received my liver in the MIDDLE of covid and a complete should show all the hospitals are locked DOWN and i made it by a month, because yeah there's no waiting lists, for liver because you can only get a liver obviously from a, deceased person and it's just timing and there's no machine that they can put, you on and a lot of people get confused between liver. And, kidney yeah.
Speaker 1: They do tell us about that, journey briefly greg what do you see clearly your liver. Had.
Speaker 11: TROUBLES yeah i went TO my gp in twenty thirteen with, reflux intergestion and that's how it.
Speaker 1: All started and that was that was that LinkedIn to given that THAT'S a.
Speaker 11: I had what's called, aesophocl varites which are like people that grow in. Your gullet and the reason a happen is because your liver can't handle the blood, any more bushes it back up your gallop and these pimples of, cur now if, they explode you can dive, internal bleeding which is. Pretty TRICKY and i used to fly around the world for work, all constantly and at forty thousand feet there's like ten times more chance of. Them BURSTING so i had to get them treated first. Of all that took me maybe, three YEARS and i got told to give up the BOOZE because i thought it was all a. Base AROUND so i gave up the Booze and i'll never forget walking into the gastroterologists and, he said, Good, news greg. All clear it, Up BEAUTIFUL and, i said. You're BEAUTY can i go To the exeter tonight and have a glass of red? With mistake and he, said no the journey's. Just beginning, he said we've got to find out what, caused it and sure enough it was cirrhosis of, the liver and just went on and on and on until the cants have got in. My LIVER and i got sent home from hospital the rare on the one Tenth to december, twenty nineteen told to get my affairs In order i'll be lucky to live. Six months, and yeah pretty, Amazing.
Speaker 1: Time grig it was psychologically now, and spiritually where do? YOU sit, i, am well it.
Speaker 11: GOES on i was in there for twenty seven weeks. Post transplant everything that could go wrong. Went wrong i've. Got sepsis it was just problem after problem after PROBLEM because i don't have an immune, system anymore BECAUSE if i had a normal, immune system it would try to kill. My liver so my body has to. Be immunosuppressed but here's the. Kick at i've been taking those drugs every day for, five years had a couple of really, good years and just in the last six weeks the world fell off and it's killed both of. My kidneys so six WEEKS ago i had to have emergency surgery to put a kerma cat in, my tummy which two lumens a, hang out and had to start. Emergency dialysis So now i'm on dialysis three days a week until they can find me a. New kidney how ironic the drugs you take towards, these problems and there is no. Alternative drug so the next. Journey begins but. It's funny six week about three weeks on DIALYSIS and i haven't felt this good. In years it's amazing having clean blood and your body functioning back. To, normal now what, A journey what an.
Speaker 1: Incredible journey are you mentally set up now for this? Next, Hurdle yeah i'm.
Speaker 11: Going to write a book because they want me to, do IT but i said i'll write chapter FORTY once i get my. Kidney, Transplant yeah, i'm very. Very strong, you know you completely look at, life. Differently completely, you know all the things you used to, worry about the electricity bill and the, phone bill you don't really care about any of that. Shit anymore it's just all about waking up every morning and getting out. Of bed, and yeah incredible and the most amazing team At The Flinders medical center Here in alai there live transplants for. Thirty years, you know people don't.
Speaker 1: Realize that what, about family, your friends what sort of port do you get and how important?
Speaker 11: Is, that yeah it's. Pretty important it's interesting you, YOU know I thought i was the world's. Best drinker and of course when you stop, the booze you become a bit of. A hermit there's no two ways.
Speaker 21: About that.
Speaker 11: Because you can't, you know tunny when you Go in australia where there's there's zero. BOOZE culture i mean you go to church and they give you a. Red wine, it's yeah it's it's and you really notice that when you doesn't matter what, we do there's always a bottle of, champagne somewhere, you know whether we're, racing cars whether we're going to. The football, you know it's just. It's incredible but the good, news IS and i monitor this. VERY closely i think eighteen to twenty five year Olds. IN australia i think just in the last six months we've had a reduction we have those people drinking and that has got to be, YOU know i speak to the team. Very closely, you know they monitor me. Extremely closely and that the real bonus that, you know we're starting to see the cigarette revolution come into the. Alcohol revolution that people are, you know really turned off by, the booze which, is yeah. Interesting TIMES and i think a lot of people are much more conscious with their fitness and, you know they want to get things their bodies, in check which can only be a, good thing. I'd imagine, but yeah it's one thing after. THE other i think the moral of the story is if you're, a male you've got to get a bloody blood if you're over the age, of fifty just have a blood test every three to, six, months right.
Speaker 1: We've got to. DO it i agree with you. On that JUST before i let, you go you talk about that great glass of red wine is a temptation. Still there.
Speaker 11: It's. BLOODY hard i pop in and see my friends at, the Pub The kensing hotel IN adelater i might popping there On a saturday after at NIGHT because i used to be a bit of a regular there back in. The day and, IT'S yeah i mean that they've been sitting there all afternoon drinking and that night and you sort of think. About it they're all they're all talking braille by nine o'clock, at night so, you know you just don't, fit in but you have a good meal and trying to get out. Of there but of course things have changed now with the kidney plan because you're on. Fluid restrictions i'm only about to have twelve hundred meal of fluid a. DAY now i used to have that in three cups. Of coffee you've now got to live on twelve. Hundred meal, but anyway all for a, good Cause and i'm. Not one, you know there's many many people out there waiting. FOR kidneys i think there's seventeen hundred people on the. Waiting list and, You know god bless anyone that's got liver disease because that is a, hard slog because the final stages of liver disease are. Absolutely horrible, you know you, turn yellow you're just constantly stops working and. You live it takes all the toxins out of. Your blood so they have to force that out. Of you and they do that with a drug with a syrup called lachlos which is, a laxative and it puts you on The LOO and i REMEMBER when i, STARTED that i was on that three times, a day a little cup. Of it the day, BEFORE transplant i was on it nineteen. Times, today yeah what, A.
Speaker 1: Journey greg i'll tell you what my request would be to keep people up to date with this. Next step it would be fascinating to go through this with you get a sense of where you're up to on a semi regular basis when you're up for. A chat it was.
Speaker 11: REALLY interesting i was only JUST thinking i used to Ring to biancha five, Years ago well do. YOU go i went through that. Whole journey so probably people are, hearing now but you know they're still. Going strong you've got to. Keep positive look through, the windscreen not. The revision mar.
Speaker 1: That's likely you're a, Good, Man greg call of. The MORNING if, i HAD if i had some debordery to, GIVE away i wouldn't give it.
Speaker 25: To you.
Speaker 11: Give me a bundle of. Mineral waters what.
Speaker 1: A, great call just proving yet again everybody has just, these, incredible, moving powerful dynamic stories.
Speaker 12: And that was.
Speaker 1: Just. Nice brady.
Speaker 6: We.
Speaker 1: Love it IN, the uk we catch up with our goodat friend Ed to brady On A tuesday thursday morning as Part of Australia. Over night, good morning good morning. To you we've been talking about politicians. And salaries given that our feds have had, a boost the independent remuneration sort of, says well here's, your increase and people have gone into a bit of a meltdown. About it and THE question i suppose comes up the people that put their hands up to serve for certainly for. FEDERAL government i mean not a. Great life people might think, it is notwithstanding how much. They're in it's not a great, life really you're under, that hamma sometimes eighty and ninety hours plus. A, WEEK.
Speaker 14: Yes i would say they're very, Well. PAID tony i mean we're having the same argument here IN, the uk people saying that if you, pay more you'll get a better standard of. Public representative we've had some really poor ones here in the last decade and. A half my own personal view is that a lot of them have other interests, as well and they're juggling. Several jobs there's one Politician who i'm not going, to name and FROM what, i hear he has fourteen jobs outside. Of parliament that WAS what i heard the. Other day count them. Fourteen jobs YOU and i, Have, one tony and as most of OUR listeners i, would imagine have one employment. As well that's a lot of work, and okay some of it is figurehead stuff for non executive roles on boards and means two zoom calls. A year i think an awful lot of public representatives are paid. Quite handsomely but, you're RIGHT would i want to do it. Categorically not you're on call twenty four to seven and it will bring me back to my days of working in twenty four. To Seven rolling news channels where you literally couldn't put your phone down because they wanted you to.
Speaker 1: Go somewhere and that's what, it's like those polages to whom. You refer i'm going to.
Speaker 14: Declare it, oh yeah it's, all declared and it's all. The JIT but i would just, say that, you know if you're dividing, your time that's spot, fourteen jobs that's seven percent of you to each. Different employer and you're actually an elected member of parliament serving, a constituency working for. The people something has.
Speaker 1: To, give yeah there's a war citizens against Traveling. To israel SO the uk.
Speaker 14: Government putting this, out today, AND look i think it's only right and it was obviously the correct decision to Make kir starmer is on a bit of a sticky wicket With the israelis and Net yah who's government, in particular because a couple of, weeks AGO the uk government sanctioned two very senior members Of the israeli government for comments they Made about palestinians and the People. Of gaza so, their assets if they have any IN the uk have. Been frozen they can't. Travel here this did not go down well With the, israeli Government. So starmar there is some calls from people who are Dual Citizens british israelis who were Stuck, in israel and, they're saying, come on send, the plane take us back TO. The uk we want to get out. Of here he's not going to do THAT because i think he Risks upsetting nettinnahu. Even further and then we've also Got The Chancellor, rachel Reeves The, finance minister pointing out the oil price is going to tick up and not the longer this conflict.
Speaker 1: Goes, on yeah when we, CAME back i talked about this NEW m i six appointment and. First class have you had the opportunity of traveling? First? Class ever don't?
Speaker 14: Yet have and you, know what you picked me up at the. OTHER end i remember Landing in perth having Flown.
Speaker 1: First i've forgotten you turned up at something.
Speaker 14: Like two am to come and. Get me so that is a true mark OF friendship.
Speaker 1: I did we'll talk about that in just. A moment. Thank you i'd forgotten. About that we'll do That into brady IN the uk more the, other Side including liverpool spending a lot. Of money, single player who is it? And why we'll find out Next and brady is here with us FROM. The UK as, i mentioned we catch up with On a tuesday And a. Thursday morning interesting whilst we've been talking In the texas says what do people think politicians? Actually do what do they that'll be really to do? A survey what do people really think? Politicians do and, HEM aside I think i should be.
Speaker 14: PAID well i know what, they do and you know what, They. Do tony they go to an awful lot. OF meetings i think it's quite a. DULL job a lot of. The time you've got the pressure then who's speaking to, the media people, like you ready to skewer them with a question and to get to the croox of the issue and read out texts from listeners who are. EFFECTIVELY voters i think it's a very, difficult job and, you know you've got to have a passion. For it you've got to. Be DRIVEN and I think i, would say if you were to take foreign policy and put it to, one side the Best politician i've seen in my Lifetime in Europe Is. TONY blair i thought he was an. Absolute genius, the drive, the passion the longevity to Stay In downing street eleven years win three. Successive elections but. YOU'RE right i think an awful lot of people probably don't really know what.
Speaker 1: They do this spy AGENCY m, i six, we love appoints a first ever, female boss.
Speaker 14: Loving, it yeah this is a great. Story today so we now know who the new BOSS of i six will Be, Come September. Blaize metroweli her.
Speaker 1: Name is we're going to DO a. Tv Show.
Speaker 14: Judy densch has beaten you to she because she was SHE. WAS q i think this new lady is taking over the ROLE of c as in the BOSS of. I six she is the only publicly identified member of the spy Service Secret, intelligence service as IT'S known. I six So she's, cambridge educated She, is british she has worked In The, middle east and that's about as much as we know or ever will know. About her there was a two line statement put out today saying how honored she is and how hard she's going to work To keep. Britain secure but there. We go after one hundred and sixteen YEARS of, mi six they now have a. Woman boss never has. HAPPENED before i just love.
Speaker 1: The STORY m i six responsible for EXTERNAL m i five.
Speaker 14: Internal, correct yes so she will be trying to gather intelligence about any foreign threats TO, the uk any rogue actors or rogue states who are trying to send people here to do. Bad things it's her brief to keep us. All safe and for the first time in one hundred and, sixteen years the boss of six will be a Woman.
Speaker 1: At liverpool in the news how much for?
Speaker 14: One player two Hundred million, Australian dollars so this is, a big big deal about to go through and if you kick in the, guy's wages probably a five or six, year contract that will take the figure up to half A billion. Australian dollars He is, florrian adverts He, is german he's. Twenty two he's an attacking player and he currently Plays for Bayer labor kuzen Who were german champions for the first time ever in twenty, twenty four largely driven by his goals and assists. And creativity he wants to Come to liverpool and the newspapers reckon it is a. Done deal so that is a hell of a statement of intent for next Season. By liverpool they will be pairing Him Alongside mohammed Salah And lewis diaz and between the three, of them this Guy vertz flit. Fits in they're going to score an awful lot. Of Goals, please.
Speaker 1: God two hundred mil if you. DON'T mind i had a really good conversation with some defriends over the weekend who shared that they just come back from a lovely break and said it was fantastic and with the working machinery, around points a little bit of cash flew back. First class let's just Call her jin, in particular said it beats anything they've, ever done anything they've, ever done and, she said you didn't ed to to do, the hit to have a shower and to do. The hair it was just incredible. First, class wow it's worth.
Speaker 14: The MONEY and i have to brow my hands, Up. HERE tony i came TO w a once upon a TIME and i was sitting in the lounge and heat throw with my little economy ticket and there was a bing bong and my name got called OUT and, i thought. OH no i thought they're gonna bump me off, the flight or can you, go tomorrow or there's been a. DOUBLE booking i didn't know what was, going ON but i was expecting. Bad news and the lady called me up to the COUNTER when i told HER who, i was and, she SAID can i see? Her ticket please handed over, my TICKET and i was expecting to hear that this has been a, terrible Mistake, mister brady and you'll have to come, back tomorrow blah, blah blah and i'd work to Do in perth with six pr and You and milsey and. Everyone else and, she, said oh we've upgraded. Your TICKET and i had the absolute privilege and pleasure of flying all the Way from London heat Row via Dubai, To, perth australia and you were there waiting to pick. Me Up and i've never forgotten that.
Speaker 1: Ordinary EXPERIENCE so i think i'd, forgotten TOO because i was probably enviews at. The time it's always good to Talk. Into brady. Thank you we'll do it Again on. Thursday morning It's into Brady for australia. Overnight Morning jay, Rocket up here, we go set the tone for this. Little piece here? We go are you ready? Next year fifty Years since akada filmed that music video For Its long way To. The top maybe you want a rock and roll let Bid track Trumbling Down swanson street sounded nothing like. This really fifty. Years ago we'll talk about It with hopefully we'll get gained from our newsroom once the four o'clock bullet and goes, to weir we'll get gained to talk about this. Treated, story anyway we'll do. That next it's all Part Of australia overnight and your calls one double three six nine to, three akadaka. Good morning.
Speaker 30: This Is australia Overnight with tony McManus.
Speaker 20: There.
Speaker 1: There there let's go Back To swanston street and nearly right, here there fifty years ago to, The day, SWARNS sees i can't believe this is happening In this it.
Speaker 30: Bloody, just, stress, rubbish rubbish.
Speaker 8: Never having in my na.
Speaker 1: Get that pilp off the street who Was the victorian premier fifty. Years ago he would have been may have, been Great. MISTER haimer i think he Was after bolty earning.
Speaker 11: A.
Speaker 1: Double chicken look at the man who's all. Over it one double three sixty. NINE three a game Haunts a I'm Our australia overnight. News room it's a big story. In it to recreate it fifty, years later well look.
Speaker 37: Technically, next February so february nineteen seventy six is when they must have. Filmed it but plans are underway now to recreate this very famous. Video clip it's a very basic. Video clip it's just performing on the back of. A truck then it's, just iconic.
Speaker 43: Isn't it it.
Speaker 1: Is iconic but, you're right it was. So simple but, we all we all. Loved.
Speaker 37: It.
Speaker 43: Yeah yeah and you think of an, if you, if you.
Speaker 37: If you NAME an acdc, music clip that is the one that comes, to mind Isn't It?
Speaker 1: Henry balty it Was sir henry who was the in? Seventy five, OH really i thought It.
Speaker 43: Was deckhaimer.
Speaker 1: Just double just double, check that double CHECK that i would have thought it was After As sir henry so seventy he retired in, seventy two Replaced By. Rupert hamer so there. You Go? Was rupert? Thank you It Was. Rupert hamer you. Were right, OH well i.
Speaker 43: WAS wrong I. Said dick isn't that what his?
Speaker 1: Nickname was It Was, dick hamer but his Real Name Rupert.
Speaker 43: Rupert, hamer okay that.
Speaker 1: Is confusing i'm just wondering why he was referred to as whether his second Name Was sir, Richard, yeah oh it would have to Be Was. Sir Rupert sir rupert was the and first women were elected To The upper house on that Eighteenth of may age to qualify for vote standing candidate in the, Lower Eighteen rupert hamer. Liberally elected there you go back in. Those days look.
Speaker 37: At that can you imagine an eighteen year old? Being elected but it just doesn't happen very often in fifty. Years on it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 15: Very, often no.
Speaker 1: It wasn't there wasn't there somebody particularly young who was elected in the recent. Federal election somewhere.
Speaker 43: There's a few people in the twenties trying, To think, BUT.
Speaker 24: Yeah i.
Speaker 43: DON'T know i just can't think of any there's. No teenagers put it, that.
Speaker 1: Way such a really, Good story page three.
Speaker 37: The.
Speaker 1: Paper today we're the, town HALL the tc as it was, referred to referred to simply AS the tc in.
Speaker 33: The.
Speaker 1: Box no number. Ninety six i'm going to go down to the thh and talk to them down to THE.
Speaker 43: T s i have.
Speaker 37: A confession i didn't watch the box or number ninety six two stories about it because my dad called. Mind pollution, he said you're not watching that as it will write.
Speaker 1: Your brain we can't have no. Mind Pollution town hall Considering leaving melbourne music fans thun this struck by helping to recreate that iconic Music Video Ossie rock royalty performing IN the Cbd comes. Sunday held some Revealed that akadaka set TO Play mcg november part of their up tour and the Next, next february it'll be fifty years SINCE ac dc filmed that.
Speaker 37: Music video now you know there's AN ac dc Lane Along, Swanson, street yes, there IS and i believe some of the camera work was shot.
Speaker 43: In there that's how it got, its name in that lane nineteen.
Speaker 1: SEVENTY six i, don't know because you know where the great man is Is Buried, Bond.
Speaker 43: Scott ah he's Buried, In wa yes, it is AND so i believe fans Go there ah every day.
Speaker 1: Every, day really they had an amazing parade two or three. Years ago we had an amazing parade over there really two or three, years ago all the way down, the highway hence the. Highway, theme wow there's. A tribute it.
Speaker 37: Was.
Speaker 43: Wonderful, yeah look they certainly had a lot. OF impact.
Speaker 37: I think a lot of international people forget that They, Are ossie well they.
Speaker 43: Probably, do yeah how many people would know? Air supplies, he.
Speaker 1: Well because, you know Well the beg's came and they lived here as.
Speaker 43: Very young did they perform on Telling?
Speaker 36: In?
Speaker 43: England, no, no, no no they grew, up here grew up Here.
Speaker 1: In brisbane Yeah they, BUT yeah i think.
Speaker 43: This would be.
Speaker 37: Really exciting can you imagine the. Tourism potential can you imagine The crowds like you watched the video and there's a few people on, the side but this would be.
Speaker 43: Absolutely enormous what.
Speaker 1: Will The ticket what will the tickets be for a show like that IN. The mcg so did they?
Speaker 37: PUT tickets i don't, believe so but look it'd be a, week's wages Wouldn't It almost.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking At acadecic anthem's. The guitarist, yadda, YadA YadA. YadA YadA no price of tickets at this stage FOR.
Speaker 37: The, Mcg, anyway look this recreation of, the video it is still. A definite maybe, nothing's confirmed but we can Say the City of melbourne is hoping to do it by, putting it by putting it, OUT there i guess they're, you know have to be.
Speaker 1: Done really, well though because you don't want to. Ruin that.
Speaker 37: That's, simplicity yeah you'd want to be a bit more slick than they were in nineteen. Seventy six is that what you're trying, to, Say, world yes because if.
Speaker 43: You watch the video it is pretty.
Speaker 1: Damn rough, you know at. THE time i was not a great fan at. THE time i was never a.
Speaker 43: Great, fan, yeah, YEAH no i. Understand, that look but you look.
Speaker 1: At even if we're just sorry about people as a, riveting radio but we're actually watching it as, We, speak yes. We are look at, those buildings they're, all gone most of them. Are, gone yeah there's a town that'd be a great. Trivia question those trams that are going past what number of the trams going past the green and? Yellow tree and they aren't they gorgeous pieces of? Equipment?
Speaker 43: Though yeah? Were there probably in a lot of paddicks, right.
Speaker 1: Now such a. Lovely time and look at. The cars Who was holden's holding the only car we had?
Speaker 38: In?
Speaker 1: Street thinks so look At them holden after Holding, after holding now To be Geely after Geely After, geely well all.
Speaker 43: Electric, cars yes, that's right and you wouldn't be able to hear. Them, EITHER.
Speaker 37: No dc they were one of the first rock bands to use. It bagpipes others have done. It since but that, was original, you know it was for that for that time It.
Speaker 1: Was but did who? Played it so who's playing?
Speaker 26: That?
Speaker 1: There oh look that.
Speaker 43: Looks like a pipe band uniform.
Speaker 1: And stuff don't they. Look fantastic they've had a helicopter of above filming it, as well back in.
Speaker 43: Those days i'll tell, you what if you want to, be loud that is the instrument.
Speaker 1: To have is the way to? Do it any other juice. Gossil, scandal oh lots and lots.
Speaker 37: And lots there's been a lot of, road, accidents stabbing just a lot. Of death in the last twenty, FOUR hours i find it more and.
Speaker 1: More palatable fund the difficult, To, watch yeah t the interesting story THE monish ivff to restrict your. Ex chief you, read THAT yarn.
Speaker 43: I did read a bit, of, that yeah which is.
Speaker 1: Really interesting with the embattled FERTILITY, clinic ivf the former operations chief claims you were sent an intimidatory email after resigning to join a. Rival clinic according to, the court and it would appear that there's an issue around where you're taking some of this information into.
Speaker 37: You commercial sensitivities and sort. Of, stuff well that's why they lure. THEM cross i suppose.
Speaker 1: Gardening they call it. Gardening leave. Have you i'd love to go on gardening leave where you have to go to work and you still get paid.
Speaker 43: Gardening leave it'd get a bit depressing after. A while i'm not KNOWING if i could do. That happen you're getting up to do what haply.
Speaker 1: Getting up to do whatever.
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 1: Wanted fantastic what are?
Speaker 26: You doing?
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter i'm in. Gardening leave how much?
Speaker 43: Usual, SALARY look i don't know, about You but i've got. To work i've got TO if i get paid, To work i've got to. Actually work i'm not going to sit at home and.
Speaker 1: Do, that well you could just, do lunch.
Speaker 43: A very long line eight our lunch from about.
Speaker 1: Eleven thirty you get off from eleven thirty through until four. Thirty five, oh dear? Go home What's watch channel nine news and fall asleep? By seven.
Speaker 11: Hard?
Speaker 1: Days work, hang on that's quit by. DAY now i just think that's?
Speaker 25: My?
Speaker 1: Day now WHAT? Am i we're going to do this when we come to thank you gab when we. Come back plenty of time for your text. AS well i Remember Seeing Akadaca Akadaca Matthew flinder's hotel the year in nineteen seventy four text ending in one. SEVENTY four i remember seeing them At The Matthew flinder's HOTEL ac Dc water band giving the dog a bone, water song another One, from Bruno Says, mark. Knight Genius well i'll check that in just. A moment, Thank. You bruno your calls up the. Other side come and, Join, me julian you'll be Next to. Stradia overnight come and join us wherever. You are nice to have. Your company look at all, these texts people are, still passionate which is great ABOUT. Ac dc Tracy in essen, in morning.
Speaker 25: Good morning how are you?
Speaker 1: Really well, Thank. You tracy.
Speaker 25: THAT'S good i was just having. A giggle we used to change the words to, that song and some OF them i can't, tell you but one was it's a long way to the shop to get a. Sausage roll that's.
Speaker 1: The one it's a long way to the top if you want a. Sausage drawl that's. ALL right I know i'm going to find out. With it which is the other song though that you said they changed.
Speaker 25: The words, oh no there was some other words that we used, to SING but i won't slay them.
Speaker 1: On radio, oh god we can use. The word we're allowed to use the word, redacted now According To ross stevenson from our THREE A w, breakfast PROGRAM which i just think is a stroke. Of, genius.
Speaker 25: Dad?
Speaker 1: What's happening trace.
Speaker 25: Actually ringing about? The TRANSPLANT so i need? MONTHS ago i actually had a double. One, transplant, wow yeow it's, just amazing, just amazing what. A, Blessing.
Speaker 1: Hey tracy for how long did? You wait.
Speaker 25: My journey was a, long one so twenty months on the, actual registrant but probably two thousand and. EIGHT eight i gotta get sick and went downhill from there with my lungs started out getting lots of pneumonias and Then went we were Living in broom at, the TIME so i eventually flew Down to perth and found OUT that i had a bacteria in my lungs and it capitated. My LUNGS so i put holes in, my lungs and then on top, OF that i got fungus growing in, the hole so there was no coming back. From it it was, ended up, you know because they had to treat and get rid of all the bacteria in the fungus before they could even assess. The transplant and THAT was i think twelve months initially because it's the multi drug therapy, that failed so the bunk. Became resistant so then we came Across to MELBOURNE and i was eighteen months on treatment here AND then i had to be a bunk free for. SIX months i was assessed and it was twenty months on the, waiting list so, mid JOURNEY and i think by THE end i was actually. Giving up to, Be honest i'm pretty. Strong person but, my daughter who Lives, IN germany i was speaking to this night and, She, said mom you, look SAD and, I said i don't know HOW long i can do. This for and this. IS amazing i went to put the phone down from that FaceTime call and the phone rang and it was, you know we've got lungs. For you they're here at four thirty in.
Speaker 15: The, morning.
Speaker 1: God. That's, fantastic yeah when you got that, phone call what was the first Thing that what did you cry when the phone call. Came, THROUGH.
Speaker 25: No I think i was. JUST numb i literally sat HERE and i was like. In shock AND then i rang my kids. Straight back my.
Speaker 7: Husband was, at work can't they?
Speaker 25: Ring first, and yeah they were just like DearS in. THE headlights i think it's actually going to, happen part particularly. My daughter and then had to ring my husband Worked at parkville at night shift and had to ring him and get him to. Come home, and yeah it, was, JUST yeah i. Was numb what A.
Speaker 1: Fantastic so let's skip to a post surgery life, IS just i, would imagine pretty good as you reflect.
Speaker 25: On that, oh yeah because at, the end, you know there was. NO quality i was just insisting basically my husband in a wheelchair. On oxygen my husband's, doing everything you know. For me i'm very lucky to have him and family to see. You through, but yeah from THE moment i, WOKE up i think it was the seventeen, hour surgery, they, said well you're pretty much breathing on, your own so we're going to take the tunes out and haven't looked. Back, since really of course there's always a couple of pickups go with. These things but even, you know for me to talk this long on, THE phone i would have been out.
Speaker 1: OF breath i wouldn't have been able to do it and trust just to find a question, from ME and i thank you for ringing THROUGH because i think people will be fascinated by these journeys that. People have but the support of, presumably, surgeons specialists. Nursing teams how important did they show up in your life during?
Speaker 37: That?
Speaker 26: Time oh.
Speaker 25: Incredibly IMPORTANT like i was at the alphared so, the team the lung transplant team At THE alfred I just i take my hat off. To them they, are amazing, you know, pre transplant, post transplant and. Still today, you know they're just the whole team that supports you and.
Speaker 11: Work together.
Speaker 25: So, that's ongoing, you know basically, forever now and so you have a.
Speaker 1: Part of, your life so you do keep in touch with the nucleus of.
Speaker 25: That team, oh yeah Absolutely absolutely so at, the moment like eighteen, Months in i'm probably around two, monthly visits so regular blood work of course that, you know that can get a bit less as time, goes on things become more and. More stable but at, the moment still. DIGGING medication i was listening to the guy earlier who's now having the, kidney problem and it's a common thing with. Transplant patients but about two MONTHS ago i was on about fifty halves a day and my kidneys basically just and a, cute tailure and they had to review like all. My medications i'm down on to about twenty a day now and thankfully my kidneys to bounce back unlike these other. Poor fellows, but yeah they're the things that people. Don't realize whilst it's, a blessing there's things that GO with i.
Speaker 12: Guess go with what an.
Speaker 1: Amazing, story well it's lovely to talk, to you and life presumably is taking on a new meaning almost on a. Daily basis there will be a guess there will be, ongoing challenges but your rise to, the occasion.
Speaker 25: OH absolutely i think having gone through that not. Too much, you know you just you just. Go up well we can deal with this that, comes really because if you, can't breathe, it's yeah it's not. Much fun you can't do.
Speaker 1: Anything, Really, oh tracy what a. Great story thank you for sharing it With The australia. Overnight audience i'm sure people will be inspired.
Speaker 25: By it absolutely.
Speaker 1: Very blessed good on, you mate good, to talk. No worries see what a great story it's another classic in it everybody has a story and that was. Another one you heard it Here on. Australia overnight. GOOD morning I hope aul is well in your world on this. Same morning it is the Seventeenth, of june wherever you had Right across australia one double three sixty. Nine three we're just finding out more about a. Cottage cheese The Leaky liky licky would suggest that there is still a bit of a shortage jay in terms of a. Cottage cheese and so, we, said well what is? Cottage cheese for those who, Don't know it's a curdled milk product with a, mild flavor creamy soupy texture made from. Skim milk essential step in the. Manufacturing process a distinguished. Cottage cheese. Cottage cheese it's interesting people are getting. Cheesed off there is seems to be still it's been around for a, little while but a lingering shortage of. Cottage cheese do? You know not TOO sure i, ever have?
Speaker 9: Have?
Speaker 29: You no.
Speaker 5: Not really it's one of those that pops up from time. To, time yeah and you just, hear it, you know someone, might say we've got some. Cottage cheese not that you went to buy it, or anything but it just comes up in conversation every now.
Speaker 1: And have you got? Any, recipes therefore cottage cheese it's sold out into coal's apparently or is that an?
Speaker 5: Old, STORY no i just saw that made mentioned ON a tv show. Last night they were talking About how wa especially is coming to.
Speaker 1: A shortage they. They're addicted people In w a are addicted. TO cottage i mean people go out just purely to eat cottage cheese. At lunch they go The footpath scooba in up And Down mount. Lawley precinct it's just cottage cheese shop after cottage. Cheese shop millions of them cheese on us nothing Walking around cottislow and they're Up to pussy's bow with, cottage Cheese very cottaslow cottage cheese one double three six, nine three, creamy cheesy. Cottage cheese spaghetti.
Speaker 5: Chicken, spaghetti, wow yeah.
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes one hundred and eighty Degrees and bob's your uncle cook. The, spaghetti well of course you cooked. The spaghetti. Let's, go julian, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning you may remember Back to tony to ninety sixty eight when it was a Very Famous South American south african doctor who performed first. Heart surgery his name Was Doctor.
Speaker 1: CHRISTIAN christian i do what an incredible time that was died in two thousand And One south african and this extraordinary. Cardiac surgeon and remember reading about that at. The time it was the world's first human to human. Heart transplant it was just a massive story around, the world.
Speaker 8: Wasn't it and of course you remember The first australian girl to get it who wrote a book. ABOUT it i haven't heard of it the year she's of the Theme was Fiona Cout.
Speaker 1: Fiona coote and again it was another massive Story. IN australia i Wonder what fiona's doing, These. Days fiona, of.
Speaker 8: Course there was a world tragedy of what happened to? The doctor you know.
Speaker 1: All about that to a To A bernard barnard to.
Speaker 8: The, doctor yes you'd probably read on your internet what happened to? The doctor?
Speaker 1: Did he how did he? Pass away just double check. On that he was seventy eight when he Died. In cyprus he, passed away, he died.
Speaker 8: But the doctor know He, was sydney.
Speaker 25: What?
Speaker 1: Doctor, barnard, no, no, no no the doctor who DID oh i beg Your, par yes OF course i do. Remember, that yes that was very, very sad.
Speaker 8: Wasn't it and OF course i remember The famous Australian broadcaster darren who wrote a book about his story of his. Liver, transfer yes.
Speaker 11: He did.
Speaker 8: A Member of Dinner, and hinch of course, he wrote, he wrote write a book on several books. About that you might get him on the program to talk.
Speaker 1: About, It well i'm not too sure whether he talks about it. These days i've Only met. Darren once it was recently at a meeting for what they referred to As the Survivors Of. Broadcasting media, in fact there's another meeting coming up this Weekend which i'm looking forward to catching up with a few. People there but that was the FIRST time i had the pleasure of sitting and just spending a few Moments. With darren, We've spoken we've spoken over, the years but not. Particularly well only we Had The Melbourne footy club, In Common great.
Speaker 8: MELBOURNE man a. Few things my Late neighbor diane Was of. Scottish descent now he used to be used to be taught by her, Late, mother laura of how To curt now lady might tell You. From chaeloo what Was? A curtsey i don't think the young girls says You. Are, curtsey no.
Speaker 1: They don't there's not a lot of curtsey, GOING on i think at Nightclubs around australia and not too. MUCH curtsey i think the curtsey was really just an elegant one foot behind one leg behind one leg with a slight dipping of the knee and a very. Slight bow it would be.
Speaker 8: Right there in my old School Of, CORFIELD grammar i can remember the girls playing the. Skipping, rope, oh yes.
Speaker 25: The hoops.
Speaker 1: What were?
Speaker 8: The hoops there was a sort of things made Of tim timber used to bend to go around, the circles.
Speaker 1: Around the hips or around the.
Speaker 8: ARMS both i think so around, The Arms So janet michael might remember. That now at school, of boys, school boy the boys used to play The tom bowler Or The.
Speaker 1: Alley love yeah from?
Speaker 8: A newsager well where we bought?
Speaker 12: The?
Speaker 1: MARBLES yes i.
Speaker 8: Think we got them from a news agent in? The box is?
Speaker 15: THAT right i think.
Speaker 1: WE did I know i had a bag. Of marbles my brother had a bag of marbles and we would play it in the. SCHOOL grund i remember playing That At saint cecilia's the marbles there would be the normal sized marble to be a. Tom bowler, tom bowler.
Speaker 8: That's RIGHT and i think what's? Banned now where we were allowed to play with the? KNUCKLE dusters i think they're not. Allowed now.
Speaker 1: So a knuckle duster that you put over your, your finger top of, your fingers.
Speaker 8: THAT'S right i think could hurt the. OTHER coat i think they're banned in.
Speaker 1: THE school i would, THINK so i would hope so to go and whack somebody with a. Knuckle duster now.
Speaker 8: You missed beok? FOR band i think now now ANOTHER thing i was going to ask you. Very briefly it's just stopped my mind that you made comment about. Two premiers now you've Forgot About. Lindsey thompson He Wasn't. Minister education he was. A premier i'm sure Between mister maulti And mister hamer couldn't.
Speaker 6: Collect, that well we'll just have.
Speaker 1: A look so Did mister thompson come in Just After? SIR henry i.
Speaker 8: Think so he Was the minister, For education yes, he was.
Speaker 1: And highly Regarded for how long was he the how long was he.
Speaker 26: The.
Speaker 1: Premier, no look he went to.
Speaker 8: My one of my, Many Schools. CORFIELD grammar i went to school with. His son They're Great corfield. Grammar people his son is.
Speaker 11: A lawyer victorian.
Speaker 1: Premier former gone but so he. Passed away looks like he passed away Back in victory's former premier gone but not Forgotten me no wait. Between premier he was the often referred to as the in. Between premier had the top job for about ten months in between nearly ten year Rains His Liberal Premier Sir rupert Hamer And Labour's. JOHN cain i, AM right i think so state funeral being Expected Some Paul's. Paul's Cathedral, lindsey Thompson former, liberal premier best known for the extraordinary bravery Of The faraday school kidnapping in nineteen.
Speaker 8: Seventy two so that was the necklace need that's Named New castle mayne?
Speaker 1: Is it and he Died In. Cabrini hospital he was eighty four when he Died At. Battling health if you look on available there's lots of information. About him look at, it all pages and pages and pages. And pages it's always good to Talk. To julian thank you for being part of The program Markie Installed. Morning mac how are We Apter pussy's Bow with history? This morning did you ever play the marbles There?
Speaker 36: In?
Speaker 20: Stall, yeah yeah we all know it's Called mars.
Speaker 1: It's called lost marbles.
Speaker 25: Straight over the weather.
Speaker 1: Caper, AGAIN no i don't quite understand what. You mean so marbles was a game we used to play in the in. The, playground yeah.
Speaker 6: A lot of proble. Up here what's?
Speaker 1: Their marbles, oh right are you having a are you're? Ah? Sterical god you break? Me up you break? Me up we should have a bum tish boom Tish. For mark, sorry man.
Speaker 44: If you EVER and i is at the end of the video clip got a Little little bedford got a little bit quicker because the costs was chasing them.
Speaker 1: What Down Down? Swanston streets, NO nothing i will just trowl his gear on the back of.
Speaker 6: The truck and they talked About roy, Co, writing oh that's going to.
Speaker 1: Be fun be fun.
Speaker 3: In.
Speaker 1: The ball although we got a text saying what was? The text jay that it was only cost around about two hundred and fifty two hundred and eighty dollars to produce that ENTIRE. VIDEO dvd i said. That video is? That right.
Speaker 5: That's correct we had a Call from mark just, another market just a few, minutes ago who said the clip for A long way To the top only cost two hundred and.
Speaker 1: EIGHTY dollars i hope. THAT'S right i really hope that. Is right it was just. A, truck yeah it, was cable. It was it was hardly overproduced. Towards it it was very very simple and that's probably where the real beauty of. It lies it. Was streetscape it. Was behavior it was singing and overdubbed it presumably. Well done you mark everything else okay in.
Speaker 25: Your, world yeah, but yeah we.
Speaker 44: Got right they're going to. Get alec they'll have to have safety straps all around. The tray they'll have to, have, harnesses yeah mounted to, the floor so slips.
Speaker 1: And trip you wouldn't get away with. It today, You're, right.
Speaker 15: Oh it's going to BE that.
Speaker 44: Hs overboarders it's going.
Speaker 1: To be and there'll be meetings as to why you should, do something you can't, do something and whether it needs it would need to be. Cordoned off.
Speaker 6: Your spot.
Speaker 15: On that but the other problem's all those mega.
Speaker 44: Train stops he.
Speaker 1: Got, there, now, well yes so all that that whole precinct has really. Really changed look. At it we're just looking. At this if you haven't seen the video clip for, a while you look at, That Street swanson Street IN. Melbourne a it was. A thoroughy that's NUMBER. One b look at all the, Different cars. It's spectacular and the old gas and. Fuel building look, at that. Just wonderful thank you. For that who are we waiting on? The one double three six? Nine three let's? Go too where are? We Going, Ton, Hello pete hello, Morning Peat tony Max, Speaking.
Speaker 2: Hi yeah Good morning Peter, from ADAMA s A And. Phil, Concert, now tony we've got a. Huge game i'm not going to do the.
Speaker 1: PREVIEW now i was going to say you're getting in that pretty early.
Speaker 2: Nine and zip go Up against colonel seven and Two and i'm going to be BROKEN if I Tipped.
Speaker 8: Glen MILE but i will do That.
Speaker 6: On, THURSDAY now i can tell you two.
Speaker 2: Quick, stories, First, cheese now what's the.
Speaker 1: Difference between what's the difference between cream cheese and cottage cheese or are they one of.
Speaker 2: THE same i, don't know but my late mum was a great cook and she used to. ADD caraway i Said to jay she used to had caraway seeds and.
Speaker 15: It was delicious, on toast and children.
Speaker 2: Had another recipe with another type, of CHEESE but i. Adore cheese, trouble is it's no good for michelesterol or.
Speaker 6: My weight so that's.
Speaker 2: One thing the other thing is that lady the boat ready touched, my heart the lady with a.
Speaker 1: Lung STORY when i, was nine.
Speaker 2: My PARENTS when i, was nine my PARENTS and i Went to europe for my cousin's first wedding Of, four now we had, a tragic near tragic Accent in Yugoslavia, near LUBLIANA and i was virtually dead in, the ambulance but like All strong, STUG supporters i came back to LIFE and i had an operation At the lubliana hospital and it, Was terrible tody The pain i've. Never experienced they didn't give me an ANESTHETIC because i, hadn't FASTED and i had a broken jaw.
Speaker 15: And a fat.
Speaker 2: Fractured SKULL and i think The reason i'm not very good in, cars Today because i'm not driving at, the moment is because of that. Traumedic experience things that haunted me as a child come back to haunt.
Speaker 8: Me today is?
Speaker 1: That, NORMAL yeah i think it is. For many it depends on how well it. Serves you we all. HAD things i was going to talk we'll do it, again TOMORROW but i was going to ask people how? Many times how long did you look? At jay how long had you been to? The dentist you reckon it be well over? Twelve months well over? Twelve months how long had you been to? The dentist may?
Speaker 2: FIVE years i had all my teeth Extract and i've, Got dentists so.
Speaker 1: You no longer need to go back to the dentist on a. Regular, Basis, presumably.
Speaker 2: Well they need to be a readjusted because you know how your guns Are feed yeah, They.
Speaker 1: Do yeah they do a, little bit so then they'll. Be readjusted so the point of that is why do we why do we sometimes fear, those things, you know for? Whatever reason and does that? Service, well.
Speaker 2: WELL when i was eleven in nineteen, SIXTY nine i went to a dentist and set you'd know This Area McGill road Near Glynn.
Speaker 1: Burn road, very well not far away FROM where i. Was, living yeah he was.
Speaker 6: A butcher i won't give.
Speaker 2: His name, he's dead, but, anyway well what did you.
Speaker 1: Say he was? A butcher was he a butcher a dentist so you think was, a butcher or he was a butcher who was. A dentist he was a?
Speaker 2: Butcher, DANIST anyway i great you know who don't from his name mentioned on.
Speaker 1: Any by, The, way no it's probably best.
Speaker 6: TO day i had a.
Speaker 2: Bruised jaw for a week. IN pain i had a back tooth extracted and the, PAIN tony i, can remember that, was shocking and he got half the tooth out and he couldn't get the other. Half out and there's me and. The chair terrified of genders.
Speaker 1: Ever since oh bet, you are and you've got good reason to be here. So far it's interesting because every time you, Mentioned dentists i'm always intrigued by people who come and so they're terrified of. THE dentist i happen to have a, check OUT but i like to go to. The DENTIST so i had a check up, last week might have been the week. Before now it, was seamless and, He, said tony the gums looking. Really good, your face by, the way is, dreadfully ugly but, he said your teeth and your gums are looking. Pretty? GOOD ugly, i said how UGLY? Am i, he, SAID oh i can't tell you? Very ugly but he said the gums are better than they were eighteen. Months AGO and i said It's because i've. Been, flossing ah he. Said flossing what do you regret not doing when you? Were? Younger JAY if i look at you when you're, still young but what do you regret not doing when you? Were younger this is from the little KIT that i got for the birthday present Called? ICE breaker i? Think icebreaker what do you regret not doing when you? Were? Younger one double three six? NINE three i think a bit. MORE traveling i would have done that a. Bit more and so here's. The thing why did you?
Speaker 5: NOT money i didn't have enough money to? Do it, But yes i'm. Not sure and a bit of fear, as well, you know. The UNKNOWN but i. DON'T know i should have done it a. BIT more i think a bit. Of backpacking would have liked to have done That. Around australia that would have. Been fun it's not, TOO late i. Guess not i'll just leave a note on the kitchen table, for.
Speaker 1: Hey kids i've just gone for A wonder, Dad's gone dad's gone wondering. Walk about so the question to you to, the listener what do you regret not doing when you? Were younger i'm gonna have so much fun with these little icebreak. Of cards this is going to get me into a lot. Of trouble what do you regret we're not doing when you? Were younger just give us one thing one double three six' nine three will take some calls straight After this ON australia over i good. Morning, to you yeah that'll. HAVE to, do i reckon it's, a bit annoying but we'll go. With that one today is the birthday of one of the favorites wherever you are, Around The. World barry manilow it has just been a round. A long time not, His Real Name barry Pinker, Spawn In, brooklyn new york was born, on this day. Nineteen forty three, he's eighty two still doing. The rounds beautifully but if you look, at that catalog he's Biggest, sits in australia things. Like a cockock i'll, Say, that again, coppakbama thank You. Thank you god, in Seventy Eight a mandy brand which was A song Of brandy and mandy were all but. The same song who Did the? ORIGINAL brandy song i, can't remember now but he's done a. Lot of things this is. A big hit this is. A massive hit. It goes back the year was. Nineteen Seventy eight barry mendeloe having a birthday today is eighty. Two years old you ONLY do what.
Speaker 25: I going through.
Speaker 1: I just can't.
Speaker 30: Smile without you.
Speaker 3: You came along just like a song and.
Speaker 1: Write my day whouldn't believe that you were part.
Speaker 3: Of a dream now we're all scenes, like years away.
Speaker 1: And now you know. What can't with other Birthdays Today include venus williams, is Forty five the american tennis Player, younger sister serena also a, pro tennis player. Former number one she achieved a strict fifty five tennis tournament victories, in two Thousand winning the WIMBLEDON to the us going along beautifully all together as She won five, wimbledon SINGLES Titles two us, open Singles Titles. Two french opens if, You Don't, mind venus williams happy birthday. Forty five today as we go back to year, nineteen seventy two this will bring back memories as well for those with just a little bit Of history. The watergate scandal watergate broke. On this day five Members of the nixon re election campaign were called breaking into the Office Of The democrats national Committee in. The watergate Hotel hence. The watergate scandal the year at. Nineteen seventy Two Happy, birthday barry mandeloe who are? Good on you hope he has. A big celebration he's. Eighty two today who played marbles? As a kid there were many playing. Marbles a kid when you, think about it a pretty serious game back. In the day you have things like cat's eyes from memory The most common what about was it a tombola? Or a trombola trombola maybe. The big ones the white marbles with a red splash were called blood trackers and ball bearings were also used and Were known as steely's back. In the, day also bottlers those clear glass marbles that were used to seal and old. Cool drink. Bottles oh fabulous there were seven different. Games of marbles you, could play keeps which meant that the winner kept. THE loser's marble a disasters was one, of your favorites or you hated losing the zebra just a, very friendly game the great game of marble School. Yards across australia.
Speaker 30: Now, this is australia Open eyed. With tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Couple weeks we catch up, with the wonderful, the always engaging The Thoroughly. Entertaining george donique and oh it's a, little little cliche a, Little, bit morning george.
Speaker 6: You haven't done that dance by the lay.
Speaker 1: A few years ago At a beautiful Greek. Restaurant in cannes and how long did it take? You to recover about three and a half. Days FROM memory and i guess what, His? Name Is. George it's George and so george up There In far north queensland has Been.
Speaker 6: RUNNING his george i started my radio career AT four c a at.
Speaker 1: Four, a, M ah right i did?
Speaker 28: Not?
Speaker 1: Know that? Yes what well right when they were making the hoochie coocha up. There the tobacco they've always made the, hoochie coucie up? Haven't? They done ever The point about george and he's a beautiful Place. There in cairnes every single night he walks around the restaurant, smashing the dishes throwing them out. In the floor. It is incredible why would? You wash them he smashes it, At the restaurants, and then well.
Speaker 6: It even a tax time and we need to. End of year we need to just clarify how we get to work the books out and do we just? Smash the plates.
Speaker 1: Did you play? MARBLES at school.
Speaker 6: I was never quite good. Enough to remember this is something that people don't. REALLY readily know i went to school. Supposedly at five, IN other words I say that mum took me to school at five. To Enroll me her english was not really as good as it should have been. At the time and when the, head master Said, this is denithian it's halfway. Through term one do You mind bringing george at the end of the term or the beginning of. The next term mum nodded and went home and brought me back, a year later, so she, thought you know it, meant a year not the end. Of THE term so i went to school as a six year old and did not know A. Word of english did not know A. Word of english it took me a long long time to be able to get to THAT stage, WHERE i was i suppose fluent and able to mix in with all the other KIDS who thought i was arrogant so and so and so and so. Even at six so it just goes to show you that people make assumptions and they.
Speaker 11: Have, no idea well that's.
Speaker 1: MY next point i. WAS given this i was given. This little thing it's been around for, a little while Simply. Called ice breaker it's a whole, set of cards about one hundred and fifty and it's got a question on each Of the ice breaking card that you're having. A dinner party you would read one, of THESE out and i selected one for. You to consider you may not consider, it straight away. But consider it we'll talk about it maybe a bit later on when you. Collect your thought what is a mistake that people Often make About george DI nikian where? I, come from ah that, was, pretty easy right that's.
Speaker 6: Ruined, that segment well It's always break that's always been The problem THEY and when I, was in QUEENSLAND they thought I. Was A queenslander when I, was in ADELAIDE they thought I Was. A SOUTH australian when I, landed in MELBOURNE they thought i was. From somewhere else and it's taken me a lifetime basically to Remind people That i'm. A sydney boy, born And bred And i've traveled australia and had the good fortune to learn more, about THIS country and i wish more, of us did because that way we'd be less Parochial. And more australian and that's.
Speaker 1: A good point because we started the. PROGRAM this morning i don't whether you were listening at, Twelve twelve thirty we've got lots of PHONE calls because i just, happened to say guess what our politicians get? A pay rise, and then yeah and. Then phones went need to, meltdown, about who how why, we're and when how? Does that WORK and what i probably want. To, educate them, well you well it's not, me about educating it's about trying to understand the. Idea of that whilst democracy, is not fantastic it's a really good system as opposed to other systems it might be used. In other player.
Speaker 6: There are some parts of the world at the moment that are really feeling an enormous amount, of volatility impression and we need to remind people that there's a proper and right way to not only look, after each other and that is to try and understand that in a community we all have to compromise and if we want to, make a noise there's the right. Time for it that's the beginning of. The election cycle and on polling day you make. Your feelings felt you don't become. A football supporter and. That is, THAT by that i mean you don't get stuck, to the colors and you look at what's right and fair and what's, good for everyone. Not just yourself and if you feel that, strongly about it you vote that way and no one should tell. You any different and the, reason for That the reason i'm so confident in that is our forefathers decided everything we. Be, secret ballot yeah so that way you, don't have, to you, know you know make a hue and CRY about why i didn't pursue your. Line of thinking, you let me, as an adult to go, into that room draw the curtain and make up.
Speaker 1: My own, Mind, and you george there are some in this GREAT audience that i Have right across australia who will say they're, all no good get rid of. The whole LOT and then, i will say well who do? You put in and then, they, will say oh, that's not important just get rid.
Speaker 6: Of, them all well you know, That's all. Well and good but at the end, of the day we have to we have to support people. We believe in it's. Not always easy there are so many forces that. Press on them and the hardest thing about politics is remaining. True to yourself and one of The reasons why i've never, entered Politics because, as i've realized you have to give two away to actually get to where you, want to go and by the time, you get that you're not the person.
Speaker 12: You began.
Speaker 6: The. Journey by being, so you know if you want to stay, through to yourself stay, out of politics because it's. Just too difficult it's too it takes too much away from. The real you you have to keep. Giving up things and when you, landed that spot? Who are you who?
Speaker 11: Are you really?
Speaker 6: What are you what are you meant? To be doing so that's the.
Speaker 1: Challenge of mode we certainly don't want to Be a cynical. GEORGE there there i just want to briefly touch on some of the things that are happening overseas, in. Extraordinary time happening i've. You stay there we'll come Back more with george than you can All part of australia overnight here on three a w the good people over there AT five Double, a IN adelaide Six pur in BERTH And The. Ace radio Network good Morning ross and russ with the breaking program coming up HERE on three iw roundabout still on our twelve minutes there About Straight after, david armstrong's news you Wouldn't Have seen george danikim with thes. A great story page Three of the age this morning talks. About a bootmaker this is one of one Of The great. MELBOURNE victorian Stories i reckon this is a bloke who makes luxury shoes sold at An upmarket. At melbourne store his name is how we GET this right A wee. Day yu cub he's, been a trust he's been USING his old. Pf sewing Machine it is melbourne home for, decades and decades and there still makes them his. Ninety six Years we got lebanese gorgeous great picture of him doing what he's been, doing for decades making. These beautiful shoes and there's still telling at six hundred.
Speaker 6: Dollars, a pair well my grandfather and my great grandfather and my father to for a little while made beautiful shoes for. Women AND others and i remember as a young boy watching them make stiletto's and understanding just how complicated and how important a task it was to make sure that they got it right so that the heel would support the woman.
Speaker 1: And not have a fall over to. A, comfortable, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah no.
Speaker 6: There's an art there's. A great talent and if you find, people like that they spend their lives with great precision and with great joy. Making beautiful things so what. A gorgeous story it's.
Speaker 1: A wonderful, story page three and it reminds me so Remember all around melbourne there would have been Those wonderful, and sydney too where you, were growing up there would have been beautiful tailors where gentsmen and women go in and have a suit made or a jacket maid that would last, forever pretty.
Speaker 6: Much and they do, it with. Love with love the really good ones always did. It with love my father had all these suits made for him and they were beautiful suits, and they've. Blasted You know, when dad passed had a wardrobe full of beautiful suits that we gave to the various hop shops because it was it was. Right and fair those clothes were still good with beautifully woven and stitched together. And looked masterful and looked you, know still well you know they were like, retro, just gorgeous yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah and natural and, Now, like you george we just Sneaked Out. To henry bucks and that's as good. As life gets that's as good, as life kids yeah. Will get now just so just Put this on george's. Accoub would, you all right that's. How it works just just on a very serious note before. We leave you there's lots, of things happening much of which many of us. Don't fully Understand In, the middle east it feels tense or does the media sort of a drive it to some degree in terms of the. Tension, around, it.
Speaker 6: Yeah well unfortunately media, today modern media and it's, all of it whether it's social. Media or not we're no longer call. It social media it is media because it's seen around the world and it's send. In, real time yes everyone, Has an angle everyone has a particular thing they want to, pursue or push and we've seen it and it's. A great disruptor, and you know some people have to scream a little bit harder. Than the others someone wants to be out there first with a, report or something and we get this distortion, in the marketplace whether everyone sees it as a. Distortion or not it's. A huge challenge that's why the leg see networks are doing the best they can to try and be as as strong and as accurate as. They can be but it's a real race to capture the hearts and minds. Of the marketplace and people are, changing their, taste their, desires their wants and there are a lot of people who just want to hide from, all the noise so they don't, want to read they don't, want to watch they don't want, to.
Speaker 12: You know listen so.
Speaker 6: That's another problem that.
Speaker 1: Is A problem and i know we're in. The shared house the tension is are do we need to be looking?
Speaker 6: AT that again i know, all those people all those people said that to me for years and years views when WE'RE Doing The, Sbs world news why do you want to tell us all? About those stories actually, Because they're important but it's incumbent on all of us to understand that these are trying times and they've been around for years and. Years and years these are troubled spots for, a good reason because the answers. Aren't readily available but we have to hope that, the key, players that is the players who can make decisions that impact will do it and do it soon and keep.
Speaker 1: Our fingers crossed we've got to get, The. Correct pronunciation helen that sends, It, textcause you george the correct pronunciation of n c l ear MUC l. E a, nuclear oh.
Speaker 6: Yes it, is definitely nuclear not any other.
Speaker 1: Version. Of it nuclear are all.
Speaker 6: In nuclear nuclear as, its nuclear.
Speaker 1: Energy nuclear Energy. AND that's helen i hope that knowls Because.
Speaker 6: Thank you len it's one of.
Speaker 1: The ongoing discussions it is.
Speaker 6: An instant one.
Speaker 1: It's like how many times on the news yesterday did here it happened at seven am. In, the morning ah.
Speaker 6: Please don't start no. In THE morning and i want TO pick up i know, THEY mean well i know. They mean well we could fill a whole whole program people Do AND say and.
Speaker 1: I wanted To fling The Wikis the ya wheaties cardon right across the kitchen.
Speaker 26: In.
Speaker 12: The morning.
Speaker 1: George it's. ALWAYS a pleasure i wish we could do it a. Bit more often but it's great to get you on, the thank you thank you for getting good on you mate by the. One You, Too but george dinicky and who we catch up with a time to time All part. Of australia overnight it's. Always a joy harry McKay may. Need some surgery have you've Seen that story harry McKay From your beloved garden may need some surgery. That story boss he said McKay had not responded to treatment as well as the. Club had Hoped. Not happy jen are you A? Fan Of? Oasis So oasis The British, rocker liam gallagher he's lashed out just in the last couple Of days as scottish officials who were quoted by a newspaper in that part of the world As a branding, OASIS fans quote i love this Overweight and. Rowdy oasis fans. Overweight and. Rowdy Oh wow i'm tony McManus for all of your boys are getting ready for. The Breaking PROGRAM david armstrong i think is. In the room he will be here in a Tick and Then ross and ross's. Three Aw Brickey. I'm toty mac for all we know we may. Never meet again may our hands only ever be held, out in friendship never in what