Speaker 1: Onto GV. This is sitting now with Clinton.
Speaker 2: May Friday, June sixth. It is Clinton mayite here one three one eight seven three. The weekend is just about here and not any old weekend. It's the long weekend. It's the King's birthday long weekend. Now I should clarify you know this that Charles isn't celebrating his birthday on Monday. He was born on the fourteenth November nineteen forty eight, but our tradition dictates the holiday is this Monday, as it was with his mother, the Queen. I wonder if the Republicans are going to take the day off. Are you going to have the day off on Monday? I reckon they will coming up on the program. The end of financial year sales are on right now, and we as a combined community are going to spend a huge amount of money other bargains real We're going to find out what is useful is buying things before the end of June. Before you put your text return in so you can claim a deduction. We'll check in with the oyster farmer that I I paid a visit to a few weeks ago on the outskirts of Tarre during the floods. We shouldn't forget about those who've lost so much on the mid North coast in the hunter of Valley, and I want to find out how he's doing. But where the local people are actually benefiting yet from the money we as taxpayers are contributing through grants with the government assistant that's available, it's not that easy to actually apply for the money. Plus we've got the chance to win some pillows in word on the street today and Mark Geyer is back with us with his forty tips. We are both off to an awful start and the tipping this weekend. Yes, we both tip manly last night and of course Newcastle won in Golden Point extra time. You are my eyes and ears when it's happening in Sydney now. You can send me a text message zero four zero eight seven three eight seven three have you say one three one eight seven.
Speaker 3: Three Well in Sydney now police are making an urgent plea for drivers.
Speaker 2: To take more care on the roads. We are just into the first day of the four day long week police operation on the roads. It's a three day long weekend but the operation began at midnight. Already there are three fatalities now. One of those was the result of a hit and run Mcquarie Avenue in Penrith late yesterday afternoon. A pedestrian, a woman aged in her forties, was struck by a vehicle. The driver did not stop and police are yet to locate the driver or the car they were actually behind the wheel of. Police are looking for an orange colored duel cab mute. Now, if you're around Mcquarie Avenue and Lemongrove Road, Penrith five thirty yesterday afternoon, you might have seen something. If you've got any dash cam. Police find that very handy now in their investigations. Even if you didn't see it, perhaps something was picked up on a dash cam, you can call crime Stoppers. One eight hundred triple three, triple zero. I've just had a look at the image that the police have now released of this duel cab ute. It's quite blurry. It's actually hard for me to figure out the exact type of ute. To me, it looks like a late model duel cab high Lux. It's possible it's another late model you but if you know anything about this one one eight hundred triple three, triple zero, forty year old woman in her forties has died because the driver did not stop to assist. Now there's been two other fatal accidents as well, a sixteen year old boy and a twenty year old man. Twenty year old man lost his life in a single vehicle crash in the state's south. It was crashing. A vehicle crashed inward Tree near wagger was between Waggert and Albury. The driver was the only occupant of that particular vehicle. And then last night sixteen year old boy was killed in the southwest of Sydney the intersection of the Hume Highway and Worth Street in Greenacre. Now this was an accident involving a truck and a hatchback. The sixteen year old boy was one of the passengers in the cart. He died at the scene. A second passenger also a boy. He was the Children's hospital at Westmeat. As we were reporting throughout the program yesterday, double demerit points are in force. I did speak with the Assistant Commissioner, David Driver about the operation and I did ask him whether demerit points is to look effective double demerit points. I just wonder whether perhaps the impact of double demerits is worn off because We've used that tactic as a police force for so long. I'm not saying they should get rid of them, but I think it's certainly time for some more creative thinking when we're looking at how to reduce the road to You want.
Speaker 1: To know what's happening in Sydney, Stay tune to Sydney out with Clinton, lay on to gimb.
Speaker 2: You might well be heading down to the snow this weekend, and certainly take care if you are, because our major ski resorts in New South Wales are opening up. But he is opening weekend for the ski season and great timing. It's the long weekend, so let's find out what's on off for. Andrew King is the parish resorts service director and joins us on the program. Thank you for joining us, Andrew.
Speaker 4: Greats pleading here, Clinton, and I hope all is going well in Sydney. Standing in front valley and it's cold.
Speaker 2: Well what it has been in Sydney this week? Andrew, it's been pretty chilly by our standards, but I suspect nowhere near as cold as is where you are. What's it been like in the last couple of days.
Speaker 4: No, it's been We actually had a bit of a warm night about six degrees here last night, but previous to that we've had some great negative temperatures. Our snowmaking team has done a great job Mother and Acure hasn't come to the party yet, but we're expecting snow over the weekend. But we've been able to set ourselves up to be able to run some lifts tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So it hasn't snowed all this week as in natural snow.
Speaker 4: We've got about two or five centimeters, but most of that's gone outside of our snowmaking areas.
Speaker 2: Okay, so when you're relying on snowmaking, does that mean that And I'm not a skier, Andrew, but does it does it mean people can ski or they can use a snowboard?
Speaker 4: Yep? Absolutely. So we've been lucky enough this week with the temperatures that we were able to run snowmaking for about thirty seven hours straight from Tuesday to Wednesday and into Thursday, and last night we were able to run it as well, so we've been able to put snow on the ground just on our front valley area. We've had snow groomers out here this morning preparing the surface and we're going to have terrain available for our guests over the weekend.
Speaker 2: What are you bookings this weekend? A lot of people coming down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we usually have a decent crowd come down whether there's snow or no snow. But I believe this week bookings have been strong with the weather. With us opening, we haven't been able to open for the last two years. And just speaking to somebody on the Monaro Highway on the way down previously, they said there's a stream of traffic heading down. So we're looking forward to welcoming a lot of guests.
Speaker 2: And with these the longer term weather forecast for the winter, do you have an indication if it's going to be a good winter for scheme.
Speaker 4: I think this storm is going to be a defining moment. I think over the weekend we look at tho where we're getting to get upwards at fifty centimeters, always hard to tell. We're just a dot on the map, and you know, a couple of big storms can change everything. So the Bureau predicted a bit of a warmer start to winter, but a colder and wetter ends. So we're always hopeful. We can't predict what the weather's going to do, but we do what we can to open as much as terrain as possible.
Speaker 2: Just lastly, Andrew, if you don't get too much now this weekend, what is one thing you'd recommend doing in Parisha.
Speaker 4: There's a lot to do. Actually this weekend we've got our Peak Music Festival on, so we've got a lot of bands across various venues in the valley and a lot of kids' activities. We've got faith painting and popcorn and all types of things happening in the parish of center. So people come up if they want to have it to Bolg and there's a snowplay area to go to. I think just being in the mountains is pretty special, so hopefully people just enjoy that as well.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's a good season on a good weekend. Thank you Andrew, great, Thank you, Quintain Andrew King, who's the resort services director at Perisher.
Speaker 5: All the weather outside has played home, but the fire is so delayedful.
Speaker 4: And since we've not pleased to go, let it snow, let it SnO let its okay.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a Christmas song, but you can have Christmas in July. Christmas in July is a pretty big deal these days. So if it doesn't snow, you can enjoy the fireprice, enjoy some Christmas cheer. One three one eight seven three quarter past three. The Prime Minister is moving to reassure farmers they won't be at biosecurity risk if more US beef is allowed into the country. American beef is partially banned from our market, has been since two thousand and three because of the outbreak of mad cow disease. We're announcing the tariffs. A couple of months ago, Donald Trump singled out the beef market as one of the key reasons and the US for US is our biggest market. It is used in six million hamburgers a year or is it a day.
Speaker 1: It's a huge.
Speaker 2: Amount of hamburgers. And you know Donald Trump loves a big mac, so an increase in our tariffs actually affects him. So it's in his interest to actually negotiate a deal with US. But that deals likely to be dropping the barriers for more American beef coming into our country. Well, the Prime Minister has spoken about this today. He's told the ABC we will not be put at risk.
Speaker 6: We will not change or compromise any of the issues regarding biosecurity, full stop, exclamation mark. It's simply not worth it.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't mean there won't be a change to the policy here. So that's under negotiation at the moment. We'll talk with the beef industry a little later in the program.
Speaker 1: No, what's happening in Sydney, Stay tuned to Sydney Out with Clinton. Lay on to gimb.
Speaker 2: Should you be entitled to boo your own football team? You're a sporting team. Last night you might have been watching the football the Knights and the Seagulls in the NRL halftime. The Knights were down sixteen milk. They were terrible, they were legitimately awful. Well, the fans booed the players as they walked from the field at half time into the dressing rooms, and I was a little surprised I was watching it. I was a little surprised because, yes, the Knights were bad, but Newcastle fans are so loyal. They get big crowds to their stadium week after week, even when the Knights are at the bottom of the table. There was a remarkable comeback in the second half. The Knights won in Golden Point with a freakish try to Calen Ponger. Anyway, the coach, Adam O'Brien reacted after the game. This is what Adam Bright had to say straight after the match.
Speaker 7: It's disappointing. It's really disappointing to people to even I know the scorelines not what they want, but to boo the effort that went into that first half from a really young team. The people that bood don't know anything about rugby league. They're probably the ones that cheered at the end. Two That disappoints me.
Speaker 5: That they do that.
Speaker 2: Good antim I say, I don't think personally it's right to be your own football team seventy three You might completely disagree with me. You pay your ticket to end of the ground, you buy your merchandise, so you do contribute financially. So does that give you the right to boot. It's up to you. Personally. I would never boom my football team. I just couldn't do it, even when they're playing terribly. And let me assure you, I've been to plenty of terrible Sharks games over the years. But this afternoon, Adam O'Brien and this blows me away. Adam O'Brien has now apologized.
Speaker 7: I apologize unreservedly to our members and fans that I offended, and I can understand why they would be offended.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 7: I'll be apologizing to the playing group as well for my comments, because you know, they deserve to be reading a lot of other stuff today that I took away from it.
Speaker 2: So he said sorry to the fans if he's offended them, the guy. I don't think Adam Brian needed to say sorry genuinely. I reckon he was well within his rights to say that he was disappointed. And the reason he's saying sorry is he said that they don't and understand rugby league, and yeah, he was emotional at the time, even with his dead pan style. I don't think you needed to say sorry. But do you reckon? Should you be booing your fans when they played terribly given you pay your money to get in the gate? I don't think it's right personally. What's your view? Let me know. You can send me a text message zero force X zero eight seven three eight seven three our number one three one eight seven three. This is Sydney now sixteen degrees in the city. It's thirteen degrees in Campbelltown at the moment. Chris Dawson, wife killer, has today lost to court bid to overturn his conviction for sexually abusing a student in the nineteen eighties. The Court a Criminal Appeal today has dismissed his appeal. It was a majority though it was two votes to one decision of the bench. Dawson was convicted, of course, in twenty twenty three of one count of carnal knowledge of his student who was under seventeen at the time. That was a judge alone trial, so there was no jury in the district court. He's already in prison. He was already in prison convicted, of course the twenty twenty two murder of his wife Lynette in nineteen eighty two. A year was added to his non parole period in twenty twenty three regarding this second offense, this second charge. His appeal today has been unsuccessful.
Speaker 1: Sydney now with Clinton Maynard. If it's happening in your city, you'll hear it on Sydney Now.
Speaker 2: To GB I'll come to all your calls in the moment on dooing of your own football team. But just on the issues of double demerit points, are they still effective? What do you think?
Speaker 8: Keith I reckon what they should do is if they catch a driver that's not on peace, suspend his license for thirty days.
Speaker 9: That'll slow up.
Speaker 2: So what automatically if a driver's caught spreeding, they lose their license for a month.
Speaker 8: See for a month, that's it.
Speaker 5: Even if they got plenty of points, bad luck you get caught double debrett point weekend to spend them.
Speaker 2: And so it had just occur on a weekend like this during a special police operation.
Speaker 5: Well just on weekend and said double debett.
Speaker 2: Look, a lot of people think that'd be pretty harsh Keith. But I'll tell you what it would scare a lot of us. I reckon, I reckon we'd all be damned careful on a weekend like that if it was an automatic license suspension. Thank you, Keith. One three one eight seven three. If you've got a view on what Keith believes, should you be doing your own football team? Well, Darryl says Adam O'Brien, the coach of the Newcastle Knight, should be thinking the Newcastle supporters because obviously it was a rocket that got their team to improve in the second half. Well, look they came back and went in golden point, they were quite remarkable in that second half. Frank, what do you think, Frank.
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 9: Okay, Clinton, I think it's bad.
Speaker 5: I don't think anyone should be boing their own team.
Speaker 2: Do you think maybe that, Darrell is a point that it might have motivated the team the second half?
Speaker 5: The booing? No, I mean, can you imagine if you got boot at work for making a mistake?
Speaker 9: Is that going to make you work harder?
Speaker 5: Or is that going to make you lose your headspace?
Speaker 2: No? No, probably not not be probably booed every day of the week around here the way I go sometimes off air. Hey, thanks Frank, Kyle, Hello Kyle.
Speaker 10: Get a Clinton. Love your work, brother, But I have to disagree with you on.
Speaker 2: This Sun That's okay, go for it, im I.
Speaker 10: From my understanding, I was at the very first Newcastle Knights game in nineteen eighty eight. I've been a supporter ever since, and from my understanding, they were of them booing with the harshest when Adam O'Brien's faces on the screen at the ground.
Speaker 2: Ah, so they don't like the coach.
Speaker 10: They're actually buoying him. He's been given a lot of opportunities. He's been there a long time and when he comes out, particularly after the match and says, these people obviously don't know anything about rugby league to Newcastle, like he said that in his postmatch interview, and to say that to the fans of Newcastle, who are one of the most parochial knowledgeable crowds in the country on rugby league. Yeah, I don't know what this guy.
Speaker 11: I mean.
Speaker 10: We've just found out today that we've lost Kyle Pearspaul to the Tigers for next season. We lost Dom Young to the Roosters. We've got it coming in, Edwards Brown coming in on thirty million dollars.
Speaker 2: For ten years. Good luck, yeah, good luck with that car. Look, that's a new perspective on it. If you reckon it was the fans booing the coach itself, well that would explain why the coach reacted the way he did after the game. Aaron's in Penrith. Look, you probably don't poo the Panthers too much, or maybe you do this year after their form. What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Eron?
Speaker 12: I reckon it motivated the Newcastle team to play a much better game.
Speaker 2: I reckon so the fan did him a favor.
Speaker 13: I think they did what do you Reckon?
Speaker 2: Would have happened? If they didn't boo, do you reckon? Newcastle would have won.
Speaker 13: It's it would have been interesting if they didn't boot to actually see that a would have been really interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, it might have been. It might have been two points to the fans rather than nights. Take good on your Aaron, if you'd like to have your say on this semi text message zero force zero eight seven three eight seven three. One of the world's greatest soccer players is going to be knighted by the King. We'll find out who with Peter Ford. This news just breaking courtesy of James Adawt in the Daily Telegraph. The new South Wales Police Commisioner Karen Webb is effectively finishing up in the role today. James is reporting that she is handing over to her deputy, Peter Thurtell, who will be the acting police Commissioner from today. Officially she doesn't resign till the thirtieth September, but today's her last day working as the police Commissioner. She's expected to take a period of leave before her resignation takes effect, and she had indicated when she resigned, and of course the resignation was going to come later in the year, the announcement, but it broke a little early. She had indicated to the Premier Chris means that mister Thurtell should be her replacement at least in an interim period before a full time replacement is announced, and then be a significant like a change over period of a couple of months. But based on what the Telegraph is now reporting. And we're just speaking with the police now offair. Today formally is her last day. Let's check out news headlines and we got the latest Good after in the remark Good Afternoon, Clinton.
Speaker 14: Three people have already been killed on the state's roads this weekend, including a hit and Rum police say they are close to catching that driver. Lobby groups are urging the federal government not to loosen any biosecurity measures in a bit to secure an exemption from US tariffs. The operator of the jumping castle involved in the deaths of six children at a Tasmanian primary school has been found not guilty, and mothers who've given birth in the last two years have been encouraged to complete an online survey about their birthing experience, with researchers looking into a possible link between psychological trauma during birth and adult relationship styles. In sport, the search is on for a new coach of the Kangaroo's rugby League team. Malmonninga is stepping down from the role after signing a three year deal to coach the new Perth Bears team. And there'll be more news at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Arin. Sixteen degrees in the coast of the moment, it is thirteen degrees in Campbelltown. We had that suggestion from one of our listeners that rather than double the error points, perhaps is a shock tactic over long weekends, police could issue one month's suspensions for speeding drivers. I don't think anyone's actually going to accept that, but it's an option. I think we were change out tactics. Jason on the text line says, look, before we do that, can we reconcile our speed limits. We're the only country that has limits of twenty thirty, forty, fifty, sixty and one hundred and ten kilometers an hour and sometimes in the stretch of two kilometers. I agree Jason that we need an audit of speeds around the country. There's some sections of roads maybe more than two kilometers, but you drive along section, you'll go through three or four different speed zones, particularly during school zones, and it can be very confusing for a lot of drivers.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Sydney Now with Clinton Maynard on two GB Cool Now one three, one eight seventy three.
Speaker 2: Alan says it is absolutely fair to boo my team. As a lifelong supporter, I've ridden the highs and far too many lows. Coaches come and go, players get traded, but we stay through decades of heartbreak, false hope. We've earned the right to voice our frustration. It is not disloyalty. It is passion built on generational suffering. South spend by the way, Alan, I certainly appreciate generational suffering as a shark, I've been through at do worry. Mix says booing your own team is ridiculous. You're a supporter, You're supposed to be a supporter. Doing them can then cause more stress. Coaches are there for motivation. It's twenty five to four. Well what about this, Sir David and Lady Beckham. David Beckham one of the biggest soccer names in the world. Still this body, retired many years ago, is going to be knighted, good afternoon, Peter Ford.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's kind of overdue, really. A lot of people have wondered why it's taken so long. He does have an obe, he got that in two thousand and three, but everybody just kind of felt he should have been elevated to the next level. But there was a problem with this ongoing tax evasion scandal that he was caught up in and was felt to be inappropriate to give it to him whilst that was still going on. So that took several years, and I think there was some talk he was going to get it last year, but he didn't, and he won a lot of people's hearts. I think when the late Queen Elizabeth was laying in state and he waited with the public for thirteen hours for his chance to go and pass her by. And you know, obviously I'm sure there would have been opportunities for him to skip the line had he chosen to. But it is going to be announced in the next forty eight hours. The Sun newspaper in London have gone with it. I don't know whether they've broken protocol or not. I mean, these names are usually available in the week or so before the official announcement for the media as indeed here in Australia with the King's Honors are being announced in a couple of days time. The names are widely available. There's one name I might add in the list for locally that's going to get up people upset and angry. And I'm sure you'll be talking about that on Monday. But good luck to sir Lady and Sir David and Lady Beckham.
Speaker 2: So that means that the former Spice Girl Posh Spice becomes Lady Beckham. So she's Lady Beckham.
Speaker 13: I reckon the tabloids will go with Lady Posh. That might be more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that might work headline week now they I don't follow their family all that closely, but I did see a headline today they are estranged with their son and his wife.
Speaker 13: Yeah, with their son who's married to Nicola Pels, and nobody quite knows what it's about. But this will be the next story because obviously the other kids will in some form or fashion, presumably on social media, offer their thoughts and their congratulations to their dad. And if Brooklyn doesn't do it, then obviously that's just going to emphasize there's a major.
Speaker 2: Problem on there will be in historic TV first on Sunday Morning.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I wanted to make mention of this because it is a first and who knows if it will ever happen again. So it's completely free, but you've got to be able to access CNN. That's the only catch. It's not a pay per view situation. But what they're going to do for the very first time ever, there's going to be a live telecast of a Broadway show.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 13: In the past, other Broadway shows have been filmed or taped and then made available either in a pay per view or by DBD or whatever. But this is live now. The show is good Night and Good Luck. It's the show that stars George Plooney. He co wrote it. He did the movie of Course originally about twenty years ago and now was adapted for the Broadway stage. It's been the most expensive ticket ever in the history of Broadway. It's actually finishing this weekend and George Clooney is nominated for a Tony Award, the big acting award in New York. But of course, being live to air, what that means is, you know, obviously anything that goes wrong will be going to air, so you know, that's tough enough when you've got a theater of fifteen hundred people, but when you know you're going to have millions of people right around the world watching, that's even more precious. So if you want to be a part of it, watch it. It's seven am Sunday morning on CNN.
Speaker 2: And he's still reasonably popular in the United States. Obviously, he's quite political, and he was very much in the Biden camp prior to the last election and advised Joe Biden that he should stand down. And Donald Trump had some choice words about George Is that lost him support?
Speaker 13: Well, there's no doubt he is one of the very influential figures of Hollywood because he's a director, of producer and an actor. But certainly the climate in the America these days is very divisive. If you want to stand up and be counted on either side of politics, you are going to lose some favor along the way, and I think he probably has. But look, the show on Broadways completely sold out with ridiculous ticket prices, So yeah, there's enough people who still want to see him.
Speaker 2: He's doing all right. Thanks Pete, We talk next week.
Speaker 13: Thanks Clinton.
Speaker 2: Peter Ford, our entertainment correspondent.
Speaker 1: Be a part of Sydney Now with Clinton Maynard Call one three one eight seven three.
Speaker 2: Ben Forden broke the story this morning that Ian Thorpe has been robbed of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Now we're still seeking the full details of what's occurred here, but police confirmed to Bend this morning that a forty two year old man, that forty two year old man, it's our understanding was Ian Thorpe attended Paddington Police station and this was yesterday to report an alleged theft. Ben reported that his manager wasn't initially aware of what had happened to Thorpy, but Thoughpe then later went on to tell him that he went to the police to talk about an insurance job. So it's still unclear exactly what has happened to Ian Thorpe, other than the fact that we know that he has in some way lost one hundred and fifty thousand dollars due to a theft. Seven three is our number. A lot of messages here about speed limits. I think there needs to be an audit, a review of how speed limits are operating. Now that's not to say they should be increased or lowered, but the variation I can't quite understand in some stretches of roads, and the Pacific Highway through the north of Sydney's one area that I get frustrated with, probably because there's a lot of schools through the Pacific Highway, so the variation in the speed's quitematic. Chris says they've just changed probably a four hundred meters section of windsor Row mcgrass Hill to sixty and that's stupid. Charles says speed zones the government's way of milking for more revenue. No change will ever happen. Elizabeth says we have a process of demerit points, which is sufficient school zones near schools. Overhead bridges are simply revenue raising when there is an overhead bridge. Long weekends serves soon merge into long long weekends, and speed limits fluctuate too often. It's a quarter. The four end of financial year sales are here now. Some research has been released today that shows Australians are expected to spend ten and a half billion dollars in these sales that are now on now. That's an increase of four percent from last year. Clothing, household appliances, technology are going to be the popular categories and it's interesting because we're facing a cost of living crisis. Still, economic activity, based on the GDP figures released this week is not flash so a lot ofs are doing it tough, but we're going to spend more this year than last year. The research has been released from the Australian Retailers SCIATION. Flur Brown is the chief industry officer at the ARA and joins us. Good afternoon, flir High Clinton, Why do you think there's going to be a rise this year in the amount we're spending in the sales.
Speaker 15: Look, we are spending nudge up just a little bit this year versus last year, so I think there's a little bit more optimism in the market.
Speaker 8: We've had a couple.
Speaker 15: Of tiny interest rate cuts and you know, some of those things do add a little bit of confidence, but in the main Aussie's love a bargain, particularly in the cost of living crisis, So we do find that Australians save up some of their spending for these sales periods.
Speaker 2: So it's an indication that we have been doing it tough and we're maybe looking a little harder for good value.
Speaker 15: Yes, actually, we've definitely noticed that spike. The last couple of years, we've seen you really intense spikes around these bargain hunting periods.
Speaker 2: I've just been reading an ad for for Harvey Norman. They're a sponsor of ours, and they have a major tech sale on at the moment. I note that that tech is one of the categories that looks like there are discounts in.
Speaker 15: Yes, always so lots of people looking to they might be saving up for you know, a computer, a laptop, electronic equipment. It might be you know, a home office or actual office, or could.
Speaker 16: Just be for personal use.
Speaker 15: Of course, some of those items will be tax deductible, so good time to look out for that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: What are the categories do you think are going to prove popular this month?
Speaker 15: Well, what came up top, interestingly enough is clothing, footwear, and accessories. Thirty four percent of ology saying they were going to look at that category. And you might not expect that, but you know, that's some indication that people are spending, they're saving, They're spending on a typical category like that for a sales period, less surprising. You know, big items like household appliances.
Speaker 17: And white goods.
Speaker 15: You know, maybe you want to sow for a new fridge. You might go, well, let's just wait for the next appropriate sales period.
Speaker 2: Is it also with clothing? Is that an item that you do get decent discounts in this time of the year or in the sales because there is a fair bit of margining clothes still.
Speaker 15: Look, I'm not going to comment on margin because I'm sure that there'll be many fashion retailers shrieking from the hills app page.
Speaker 18: Did that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got I worked at Woolers Variety back in the early nineties and I just know we sold a lot of fairly cheap clothing, but we're always told that that's probably where the profit was for us.
Speaker 15: Yeah, look, I think a lot's happened to cost of doing business for you know, many in the fashion category. But more to the point, you know, there's seasonal change over, there's the need you know, you can't hold on to clothing and accessory items for too long because you need to clear them out. So it's a great period for retailers to do that and comes at a time when Australians are kind of going, well, if I'm going to buy, you know, more.
Speaker 19: Of that type.
Speaker 15: If I'm going to refresh my woodrobe, let's do it when there's a sale on.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think most of the discounts are legitimate or is a lot of this about the way they're marketed, the sales are marketed.
Speaker 15: I really do think though legitimate. We know that retailers are feeling the competitive pressure more than ever, so they are firstly going to do things where they you know, they're going to get customers back in you know, the conscious of the loyalty factor and their brand. But secondly they know they're competing with all these operators, including offshore operators, you know, for the same sales opportunity, particularly in a tough market.
Speaker 13: So they're going to give their best best.
Speaker 15: Shot at a decent price in this kind of you know, this kind of economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I can understand why people are looking for a bargaining moment. Thank you for your time, flu Thanks Clinton Flo Brown, who's the Chief Industry Affairs Officer of the Australian Retailers Association. It seems like clothing and tech the pro of the two main categories where there are some significant savings and with tech and yes, so we are sponsored by Harvey Norman, but there's lots of great retailers out there that sell tech. This is often a good time to buy because you're coming up to the end of the financial year, so you might be thinking about tax deductions that you may well be able to save. Word on the street. We bring you word on the street things to temper a great night's sleep, night after night. The difference is temper. If you see something around the city that we need to know about on the roads on a Friday afternoon, there will be a lot of people heading out of Sydney over the next couple of hours for the long weekend holidays. You can send me a text message zero four six zero eight seven three eight seven three. But if you'd also like us to investigate something that you find a little curious, you think that's maybe not quite right, send me an email over the weekend two GB dot com. I have been sending the email and I'll keep their identity anonymous at this stage, about something odd that is happening with electric buses in Sydney. Thank you for your message. I'll have a look at this one across the weekend and we'll bring you some details next week. But if what I'm being told about what's happening with electric buses, something does not add up. That's word on the street. Thanks to Temper a great night's sleep night after night. The difference is Temper six to four. Talking about speed limits, Will in the Northern Beaches has sent me a text saying studies consistently show that even small reductions in average speed can lead to significant drops and accidents and fatalities on the road. But it only works when it is well designed, that is not arbitrary, when there's can community support, and when it's enforced and clearly signposted well. I think one of the benefits of the operations that has been conducted this weekend on the roads the long weekend, we do see more police on the roads. I drove today and I saw more cops in the roads. That's good, but we've also got to think about what happens in between these periods. Reality is the police force is down two and a half thousand in its formal strength, and we don't have enough highway patrol offices on the road.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: I've just received this information from the police. A police in the Hills district of Sydney urging young people to avoid in participating in the so called Apple pay prank. This is a prank that apparently and I hadn't heard of it before now that's circulating on TikTok and other forms of social media. The Apple pay prank. That's the sound that your iPhone, if you use an iPhone, makes when you pay. Yesterday, a seventeen year old mail approached an older man in Castle Hill and he pretended the money via Apple Pay, so he was holding his phone near the man and he was playing this sound. The prank then escalated into what the police are saying was a violent confrontation resulted in the person actually being detained by the victim by the older bloke, and the older man's dragged the seventeen year old down to Castlehill Police station. Now he's now assisting the police with the inquiry about what's going on here. This is a trend which falsely implies that money has been transferred between phones and it's it's misleading, but the police say it provided it provokes fear, confusion and aggression, particularly when targeted unsuspected members of the community. And apparently a lot of this is actually videoed as well and put up online. I had not heard about this one, so it's the Apple pay prank. May as you got teenagers, if we've got Apple phones, maybe just ask them about it. You don't want them involved in that stuff. Three police have been on the scene of what they've done covered in This is also in the Northwest an MDMA drug lab throughout the day. The police have actually still been at the scene all day long. They made some arrests in Taliwan. This is a Clandeside drug lab that have been set up in Talowan, Taloon's at the end of the metro line. Police officers sees two kilograms of MDMA as well as chemicals and equipment used to make the drug. The drugs have an estimated street value of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. The police have then searched a unit in libcum So a fair distance from Tallaway, Taliwan, where three men twenty two year old, twenty nine year old and a forty year old have been arrested. They've seized mobile phones. They've seized drugs as well as ketamine. So kept the drug ketamine, with a street value of one hundred thousand dollars. Forty year old has been charged, twenty nine year old's been charged and a twenty two year old has been charged. They've all been refused police bail. Police have been on the scene today because when they find these up clandaside drug labs is obviously a danger that's involved as well, so they've been in the process of actually dismantling what they found there.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Sydney Now with Clinton onto gb cool now one three one page seven three.
Speaker 2: My guy joins me up to five point thirty on the program. We'll go through the tips for this week, but we'll also touch on the big announcement that was made by the Australianugy League Commision to day that Mao Meninger has been selected as the new coach of the Perth Bears.
Speaker 20: This new venture, new pioneer venture over to wa, opportunity to be involved in the growth of game over there, opportunity to grow a club, the Perth Bears over there was too good to refuse. So I feel very honored, very nervous. I think it's a huge responsibility, but I believe I'm up for it. Looking forward to working with Anthony and the rest of the Ragbay League community, not only in WA but also for the North Sydney Bears as well. I think that's a really important connection and bring them along on the journey as well.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit dubious about P and G coming into the competition. I think it's fantastic that Perth is going to be part of the NRL. It's a truly national competition, need Western Australia as part of it, and to use the Bear's name and to give North Sydney supporters who've done it tough for twenty odd years not having a team to support. I think it's fantastic because when they come here to Sydney, our Bear supporters can go and see their team even though they're based in Perth. And I think Maumning is a good choice. It's a long time since his coach in the NRL. Long long time, but of course he's been connected with the game with Queensland and Australia now for many years, so I reckon he'll do a really good job. Now he'll need to recruit some star players though we'll talk to MG about that after five point thirty. It appears in Australian Navy ship has caused some dramas for our cousins in New Zealand. Reports now emerging from New Zealand that an Australian Navy ship that's been visiting across the Tasman has caused internet outages and radio disruption. H M MAS Canberra, which is our largest naval vessel, made its way down the coast to Wellington, arrived in Wellington yesterday but there are reports of internet service issues radio disruptions. Apparently it's some sort of issue because of the way our navy ship itself reacts with the local communications and Wi Fi. So where to blame. Apparently becoming aware of this, HMA's Cambra changed its frequencies and there are no ongoing disruptions. News is next, there is Sidney.
Speaker 1: Now we've clinton on to.
Speaker 2: Gb it's seven past four. We have now confirmed with the Police Minister Yasmin Catley, that Commissioner Karen Webb is wrapping up today her final day on the job. Formerly she retirees on the thirtieth of September, but she's now going to take leave. Up until then, She's going to be doing some traveling and it is expected she's likely to get a government job when she finishes a short break. But we're now confirmed the deputy Commissioner, Peter Thirtil will step into the role as acting Commissioner, so effectively from tomorrow. He will be the acting Commissioner through until the end of September. Now, Peter third Till is not expected to be the new police commissioner. Our understanding is that he doesn't want that job. But Dave Hudson I think would be a very popular police commissioner. Now Dave Hudson has not been mentioned. He's been mentioned as a contender, but not one of the favorites either. If we want to send a message to the crooks in this city, I reckon Dave Hudson to be a great appointment. Now decision has not yet been made, and that'll be a decision not just made by Yasmin Catley Chrismans will be involved in making that decision. But formerly Karen Webber is now wrapping up. This is her last day on the job. She will now take leave through until September, when Peter Thurtell will act as acting Commissioner before a new commissioner is appointed until six.
Speaker 1: This is Sydney now with Clinton Maynard on two GB call now one three one.
Speaker 2: Seven three a pass four. The new South Wales government today has confirmed they will spend more money building a new hospital at Bankstown. So back in twenty nineteen under the former government, the then Health Minister and Premier announced that there would be a new hospit in Bankstown. It is going to be built on Chapel Road. It's at the current campus of Taife, so it's very close to the main drag of Bankstown. The budget was one point three billion dollars. Ryan Park and Chris Mins of today announced they will spend another seven hundred million dollars on the construction. Quite clearly, the existing funding envelope was not enough.
Speaker 21: It was not going to deliver up the scale of services and it was a problem because it had been announced four years earlier and cost escalations have risen dramatically.
Speaker 2: And that's right in the construction business. As you well know if you've done any work around your home in the last couple of years, costs of skyrocketing in the construction business. So they simply need more money. So it will now be a two billion dollar hospital in Bankstown. It will include an emergency department that we operating. Theater's intensive care, surgical and medical centers, services for women and children, including maternity. There will be mental health service as well. The big question will be once the hospital is completed, will there be enough nurses for it, because, as we've discussed a lot in the program in the last couple of weeks, we have a shortage of nurses in youu southward. And there have certainly been cases in Sydney where new hospitals and new wards have been opened. And this has been the case in Campbelltown, the new Campbelltown Hospital, and I've been there a couple of times. It's so impressive, but hopefully it's not the case of the moment, but certainly in the past there have been new wards that have been ready to go. There's been beds there, but there simply have not been enough nurses to actually staff them. It's ten past four. I went across to Tarre, about three and a half hours north of Sydney. We presented the program from Tari a couple of weeks ago during the floods, and I had the pleasure of traveling around and meeting some of the locals, including Oyster farmers Beck and Gus. They live on Mitchell Island, so it's just on the edge of Tari It's between the popular holiday spots of Crowdyhead and Old Bar and Beck and Gus lovely people. Their family home was completely wiped out, went under and I stood in the middle of their house. It's a shell. Basically, it was just the frame that was left because Gus and his mates his friends had come round and that actually ripped off much of the jip rock because you can't afford to let the jip rock go moldy and it's all wet, so all the floor coverings have been taken off, all the furniture had been removed, and I stood there thinking, my goodness, will they be able to live here again? But the problem is at the center of their business, the oyster farmers, and they've been doing it for a long time. They're not going to be a to up and move well. The federal and state governments this week they announced twenty five thousand dollars grants available for businesses with less than twenty employees and this should apply to Beck and Gus. Well, I wanted to talk to them again because we can't afford to forget about the people who've suffered so much in these floods while we move on with our lives in Sydney. Beck and Gus join us. I'll start with you, Gus. How are you doing? Mate?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm going all right?
Speaker 17: Thanks?
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're fine down here. We're find down here because we haven't been flooded. Tell me right at the moment. Firstly, if I just start with your oyster business, how has it been affected?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so we had a lot of infrastructure stepped away, and we do have some that wasn't swept away totally, but it is in a huge mess that's going to take a long time to straighten up and get back in action the way we need it. Loose boundary markers and so forth. That you know, fisheries expect to be kept upright straight and for navigation reasons obviously, So there's.
Speaker 2: A lot to do the government of the state and federal governments today this week made an announcement about financial assistance of twenty five thousand dollars grants for businesses that employ less than twenty people. So my understanding is you would qualify for that. Have have you got that money yet?
Speaker 12: I haven't to tell you the truth.
Speaker 13: I've heard about it.
Speaker 12: I've been to meetings with other Oysterman and lives of Chris Mins and Tania Thompson and people in our electorate, trying to indicate that it's just nowhere near enough. You know, something's better than nothing, but that's just it's just nowhere near adequate. In the past, we had back in the early lot of twenty twenty one floods, et cetera. You know, there was grants of seventy five thousand, which which were good. You know, maybe a lot of people lost a lot, would have definitely lost a lot more than that. But it's hard to be critical when someone's offering you something. But twenty five thousand, it's just not going to really.
Speaker 2: What what twenty five thousand dollars do?
Speaker 12: Oh well, we got upcoming, you know, at the end of the financial year.
Speaker 5: We've got upcoming.
Speaker 12: Fisheries bills, say, food bills like you know, just ongoing. But as far as lost infrastructure and I'm trying to rebuild rebuild infrastructure for your business, it's just that's not going to go anywhere, you know, really, but hopefully, hopefully we can get a bit more happening than the twenty five thousand, But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: How long do you reckon send take you to rebuild the business? Guys?
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 5: Years?
Speaker 2: Really, you're you're not going to give up?
Speaker 13: What that?
Speaker 2: Would you consider maybe doing something else?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm into it.
Speaker 12: I'm still here doing it. It's just it's what we do, and it's just time and money to rebuild. You know the problem is with oystering it it takes takes like at least three years to grow an oyster ready to go to the restaurant. So we've got to keep a crop coming along each year, so you're actually growing three or four crops all at once. So you know, when you when you lose a lot of stuff, you can't just another crop and have it ready for sale in the near future. And it's going to take years.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 2: So how's that, how's that going to work between now and then? Well, literally the oysters are growing. What do you do for income?
Speaker 12: Well, you're just you know, fortunate for us we didn't lose everything. We still do have a little bit of stock coming along quite often in the past with wife and I and I'm getting a lot of other item have gone gone and worked other second jobs as well. Yeah. So, yeah, you just got to do what you've got to do to keep paying the mortgage and the bills.
Speaker 13: I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your wife becks with you right there. Do you mind passing the phone onto Beck?
Speaker 5: Surely?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to talk to to Beck about the house in particular. Hey, thanks for coming on the program.
Speaker 8: Beck, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Look, we don't want to forget what you've gone through. I stood there with with Gus in the middle of your house a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't believe when Gus said that the plan is to go back there and to live in your house again. How are you going to do that?
Speaker 19: We just move on, That's what we do.
Speaker 2: You don't look like you've got a lot left there.
Speaker 17: We don't.
Speaker 19: But we've got a lot of help with a lot of people, and we've had some really good friends are going to donate their furniture and that tours.
Speaker 2: So where are you living at the moment?
Speaker 1: Beck?
Speaker 19: We're in an old bar in a airbnb that friends is donated to us for a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic.
Speaker 19: Now, well go to see Yeah, it's being glat.
Speaker 2: Your house, and Gus was telling me that, you know, you guys couldn't afford insurance for the house, So what do you do? And when I stood there, it was basically just the shell of the frames and Gusta and his mates had taken the jip rock down. So what do you do from here? With the actual house.
Speaker 19: Just where we're deciding on what we're going to put in there to try and think if it floods again, we don't, you know something, we can probably wash away not have to repull the walls off again.
Speaker 2: So you definitely want to move back into that house? Oh yeah, yes, there are grants available, as I mentioned to your husband, GUSA, twenty five thousand dollars for because you do qualify as a small business. Have you had a look at how you're going to be able to access that money?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 19: Look, we haven't had time to do anything at the moment. We're just trying to clean up everything and sort out stuff.
Speaker 2: I'd even imagine that even basic things like getting a computer to work or with internet connection and Wi Fi that mustn't even exist at your place.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, we do get five coverage.
Speaker 2: It's not the best but that's something we.
Speaker 19: Just had to Yeah, well, we just had to get the electro tuition in the other when do you come Wednesday and put our redo all our power points, and then we had to get a qualified feller to actually come and certify it to make sure it was clear so we could get our power.
Speaker 16: Put fully back on.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so that all takes time.
Speaker 2: And yeah, well, so for what I've been told, the way these twenty five thousand dollar grants are going to work is that you do have the right to get five thousand dollars straight away by simply proving that you run a business with less than twenty employees. That you do, you'll get five thousand dollars straight away. Then I have heard that you can claim twenty thousand dollars, but this will be you'll need to actually show them documentations. So to be money that you need to spend on the business. You need to spend that twenty thousand dollars, showed them the receipts to get the money back. Yes, is that going to work out for you?
Speaker 19: Well, for some people it will, but others people don't have that money.
Speaker 2: So you got to have the money in the first place to spend it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's going to make it tricky.
Speaker 9: It does.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When do you think you've ever able to move back into your house?
Speaker 19: Beck, Oh, I have no idea. We're still I don't know, hopefully three weeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, but we're not sure. We might have a check.
Speaker 19: We have to live in our swag.
Speaker 17: We will.
Speaker 2: You guys have got guts, you know, you know you've got guts doing it because it's people like us where we broadcast from here at t GB. We're across the road from the fish market, the Sydney fish Market, and it's the supplies and the work that you do and all your colleagues, whether it's oyster farmers or other people who work in the seafeed industry, that allows people like us to then go and go to the fish market and stock up here. So we need you, but we can't forget about you either. Thank you for joining Uspeck, and we'll talk to you in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 19: Yep, thank you very much for.
Speaker 2: Gust and Beck. You know people will say to me, oh, look, they didn't have insurance, why should the government be bailing them out. They can just go and move somewhere else now they can't. This is their life. Their whole life revolves around the river, the Manning River. They've been there for decades. Gus's dad was there, Grandpa was there, four bears have been there for generations. So it's not easy to just say, oh, you know what of Graham has a noise to farm, I'm going to do something else. And then there's people like us. We like buying seafood, so they're still going to be demand for it in the future. But yeah, with Gus said, it takes three years to grow an oyster. Fortunately he has some some stock out there that he's going to be able to get by on. But it's not going to be easy. I'll tell you what. We're not going to forget about the people of Tari and those surrounding districts in the mid North Coast in the Hunter Valley, and the government shouldn't forget about them either. Not the best dawn in the stock market. The A six two hundred is closed down twenty three points eighty five hundred and fifteen, but just riading. Some analysis in the Sydney Morning Herald this afternoon from Shane Wright. Increasingly the markets are factoring in a string of interest rate cuts before Christmas. In fact, the current official cash rate after the last reduction from the RBA brings it down to three point eighty five percent. It is being factored into the markets at the moment, and the banks also predicting this that rates will fall to three point one percent by Christmas. So that'll provide substantial savings for mortgage holders. But just mind you if you want to then have that money in your pocket to use it for Christmas spending, you actually have to tell your bank that you want to save that money. Twenty four past four some dramas on the train lines. Thanks for letting us know about this, David. David says, there are some signal issues at Central Station for trains. I'm sitting on a four to eighteen trained to Newcastle. It can't leave because the signals not working well. There are also some problems on the T too, the T two Leppington in a West line. A person that's needed medical assistance at Guildford. Now that means there are some delays now on the T two. We are told trains may stop on platforms between stations for longer than normal. While this incident is continuing, so the person is still being assisted. The T five trains are not running between canley Vale and Marylands, just in that direction, So just between Canleyvale and Marylands. If you're traveling from between Canleyvale and Marylands, you need to change trains at Cabra Matta. It was only this time last week the Government was a big smile on its face that finally the dispute with the Combined Rail unions had come to an end, that the RTB and the other unions that accepted the new pay deal three year deal which meant to be no industrial action, joy and happiness for all Sydney commuters. Where we discovered shortly afterwards the ETU didn't think that was a very good idea and they're fighting it as well. So it's not actually all over. These incidents this afternoon are not related. I should point out to any industrial action now talking about the help that we're giving farmers, that we're giving primary producers and those who've suffered and lost so much in the floods. Tom makes the point of the text line considering Australia's foreign eight amounts to four and a half billion dollars this year. How miserable is the PM with our mob. Let's take some calls on this issue.
Speaker 22: Hello, Debrah Hi Clinton, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 22: I just want to make a comment about insurance. I think it's easy for people who aren't living this nightmare to say, oh, people aren't insured, they should just send for themselves. But I think what people might not realize is that some of these properties, and these are just houses, not businesses, can cost between twenty and thirty thousand dollars a year to have insurance. And who couldn't afford that?
Speaker 2: And that was a situation for gussen Beck. They can't afford. We're putting the business aside. Their home is on the river as part of the business. They can't afford to ensure their house. It's after the twenty twenty one pop fludg It is not possible and.
Speaker 22: People are trapped there too. Because I have friends that have been flood impacted up north. They've actually already bought a house somewhere else. They are unable to move into that house. They've got it rented out. They can't move into it because they're unable to sell their property because no one will buy it. Because it's going to cost thirty thousand dollars to ensure.
Speaker 2: As I was saying last week in the program, we need and I did mention this to the Premier Chris Means as well when he was on we seriously need to give some consideration to some sort of government style scheme. Maybe it's a partnership between private insurance companies and the government whereby if people are living in these areas that are prone to whether it's bushfire or flood, there is some sort of government option. Because it's easy to say, and it's fine to say, we should don't build on a floodplane, don't build in areas that are prone to bushfires, but there are people who've also lived in these areas for generations. It's not just easy to move. Thank you for your comments, Deborah, Hello Mitchell.
Speaker 5: Okay, mate, how I'm good.
Speaker 9: I was listening to the couple from Tarare and one of the things that the gentleman mentioned is that his grant money would go towards the fishery license or something of that nature or something. Now, what about is instead of take giving him twenty grand, it give to another branch of government. The government just freezes or bills generated by the government and do it by postcake. They say, Okay, you're living free for four months until you've back on your feet.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, makes one hundred percent of the Yeah, you.
Speaker 9: Don't have to rob boo and pay Paul, and you don't have to take out of the left hand, put them in the right hand.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's the simple ideas that actually work best. Great suggesting, Mitchell, and we might pass that on too the Minister's office. It's twenty eight past four. If you get stuck in traffic over the next couple of hours heading out of Sydney, whether it's south or north or even west for the long weekend, let me know about it. One three, one eight seven three. Let's check out news headlines and we got the latest dear remark.
Speaker 14: Hello there.
Speaker 1: Clinton.
Speaker 14: Police are describing a fatal hit and run incident in Sydney's West as completely abhorrent behavior. They say they're hopeful of catching the driver responsible soon. Farmers are raising concerns about easing restrictions on US beef imports to secure an exemption from President Donald Trump's tariffs. Karen Webb is stepping down as Police Commissioner today. She'll take leave until her resignation comes into effect at the end of September. And HMAS Canberra has had to change its radar frequencies after causing have it to internet connections as it traveled down New Zealand. In Sport, the Super Rugby's Pacific Finals kickoff next hour in christ Church. Home team the Crusaders are hosting the Queensland Reds in the opening quarter final and there'll be more news at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: They're in fifteen degrees in the city its fourteen degrees. In Sydney's West. Three men have been charged after allegedly performing burnouts in Sydney's Western Suburbs. Police been investigating for a couple of days since last weekend. Well they've now issued a twenty seven year old man with a field court attendance notice for this is the charge for prolonged sustained loss of traction and drive recklessly furiously or speed manner dangerous. He's accused of doing burnouts. His license has been suspended and this is actually good. The vehicle used in the alleged defense has been impounded for three months. This is the sort of thing the police actually need to do more often with a fence with hons. If they do catch people with ridiculous speeds or burning out, impound the car. That's what those should Doman years ago, they were threatened to actually destroy the car, put them in a compactor and dump them on front lawns. It never actually happened. He'll appear in quarter later this month. Following further inquiries, a fifty one year old woman has been charged with not disclosing who the driver was be appearing in court next month as well. Police are continuing their investigations on the text line about floods and insurance issues. Blair says the state government is responsible for zoning. If housing is suitable in the first place, they should be responsible for the residents issues. The only issue there and I appreciate that perspective. Blair is, Guss and Beck have lived their the whole lives their family. Guss's family has been on the river for generations. So yes, governments are responsible for zoning, and they do, and they have in the past allowed development and areas where really they shouldn't. But these issues on the Manning River and so many properties have been flooded along the river. They date back generations and generations it's twenty five to five. A lot of excitement building about the opening of Sydney's new Western Sydney Airport reported today that when it does open, and it is proving popular now with some airlines, by twenty thirty there will be almost two hundred flies each day, bringing twenty three thousand passengers and eight hundred tons of cargo. The preliminary draft master Plan has now been released and it shows that by twenty fifty those figures, so the twenty three thousand passengers per day with two hundred flights will double by twenty fifty, so four hundred flights a day, upwards of fifty thousand passengers a day. The chief executive, Simon Hickey, says the plan that's been released today shows that the airport will lead to an additional ninety six billion dollars of investment by twenty sixty three. I think most of us thought that a Badgery's Creek Airport would never happen. As we were growing up, and I was growing up in the nineteen eighties, we always heard about the Badgery's Creek Airport and Bob Hawk was the Prime Minister promising it that it will be built well Finally it is happening and not before time. This is going to shock you. It's a Friday afternoon and there are dramas on Sydney's train network. Thanks for letting me know about this, Dave. Dave has been stuck in a train at Central Station as a problem with a signal issue. He's trying to get to Newcastle. Update from Dave. There is still a mechanical problem with the train. The driver has indicated that yet there is still the issue and this an issue is stopping the train so he can't get to Newcastle at moment. Problems on the TEA two. There has been a medical emergency at Guildford, so there are delays between around Guildford. So it's on the Leppington and Inner West line in both directions. The trains are still running, but they may stop on platforms for a little longer. And on the T five there are no trains running between Canley Vale and Marylynd's in that direction, so if you are traveling between Canley Vale and Marylands you need to change trains at Cabramata. It is a Friday afternoon after on the Public Transport Network twenty to five. Well did you see this coming. I think a few of us did. Elon Musk and Donald Trump have fallen out of love, and you would have seen these social media posts today. So Elon, of course, the richest man in the world, put up a post saying it's time to drop a really big bomb and claimed the real reason about what's going on at the moment in this fallout is the fact that he didn't give any details, but that Donald Trump is named in the Epstein files, the Jeffrey Epstein case, and you know those photos have been floating around for years that show mister Trump in the presence of mister Epstein. No one is denying that that occurred, but this is an allegation effective for Melon must know details yet, but that Donald Trump has actually been caught up in the wrongdoing. I want to bring Luke Grant in on this because he's been keeping across this in the past couple of hours. Get I Luke, Hello, Luke got a Clinton?
Speaker 5: How are you mate?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Was this bound to fail? This relationship?
Speaker 5: Well? I think so. You know it, it seemed too good to be true. That you know, you've got the bloke with the biggest wallet and the bloke with the biggest weapon, let's call it that, in the power he wields. And at some point they weren't going to see Ida why I think that was a given. But what's happened today is extraordinary. You reference the Epstein files. Now, one of the things here is that Elon knows stuff. He was in the room, He's heard the conversations, and he would have been very close to Donald Trump and all those around him, so he's got first hand evidence. Now, if the worst thing is the Epstein file, well he's dropped that, you know, kind of in day one of the feud. But what else has he got? And I think that's what Trump has most to worry about. And of course what Donald's got is he's got billions and billions of subsidies paid to Mask and his companies, particularly around the electric car mandate. I mean, I'm hearing Trump supporters who've got Tesla's and now keying their own cars. I really don't know what happens next. Made there was a beautiful AI generated tweet that had Elon and the Trumpster saying are we filled? You only joking? What a great prank? And that was just AI generated. So look, I don't know are they going to come out all of a sudden and say that, I don't know, is Trump going to fire up and in fact really enforce the cessation of subsidies. That'll cost Elon a quid, no doubt. Where does it go? But it's just wonderful to watch and to quote that form were independent, who was a right royal pain of that? You know what? This is beautiful in its ugliness, That's what it is, my friend.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was a strange marriage, given that that Elon Musk is that he's a poet with you, like letrichiggl or not, he is a poney when it comes to evs. So do you think maybe the motive we always knew that Donald Trump was pretty much antiev Do you think maybe the motivation for Elon becoming such a big supporter I thought big financial supporter in the end was to win the support financially of the Trump administration for his electric.
Speaker 5: New Interesting thought, because I forget Elon Musk spent two hundred and fifty million dollars supporting the Trump's campaign, two hundred and fifty million dollars. Now Trump's saying today Elon Musk knew all along this was part of the bill. We're going to do this, Musk now saying, oh, look, they've tried to get this bill in late at night. I knew no details. So it obviously really hurts Musk in the back pocket, no doubt about that. But to think that he could win Trump or bring Trump into electric motor vehicle land, I don't know that. I think, you know, he's obviously very capable and very persuasive, and he wields lots of power. But there came a point where Trump said, no, I just can't do that, because both men agree on this, that a balanced budget is the outcome and if you don't do that, then you shouldn't be in power. They both agree on that. So I don't know where Elon thinks that Donald Trump can save a quid. And if he thought he was going to, you know, he had a Donald Trump for the changing, then he got that horribly wrong. And even today mate, when he wrote that he'd decommission SpaceX. Now, of course that transports then astronauts and supplies to the International Space Station and does so many other great things in space. I mean, you've got to say that the hatred and the feud is so explosive and then to wheel out the Epstein so called mention. There's no proof of that. And for Donald, I mean, he's got the German Chancellor sitting next to him in the White House and he's firing off. I mean, how uncomfortable must that have been with this old bloke. Anyway, I don't know. I don't know how it fixes itself, but I get the senses. Probably you do too. It'll probably get a whole lot more ugly, if that's even possible.
Speaker 2: Now he did egl must did present the Donald with a Tesla a couple of months ago. From memory. He doesn't drive, does he Donald?
Speaker 5: No? No, But the Trump kids, the Trump kids and others, they hop in this red thing. It's a magnificent looking car, and they do. They do laps around d C. Taking pictures of it, and they'm in it. So it's a real toy for the family. I don't know that Donald sits there and drives anything, quite frankly, but no, that's that's got to be now picked up and taken away way.
Speaker 2: They've got the self they've got the self driving technology in the Tesla's in the US.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, could you hop in one of them? A self drive car.
Speaker 2: No, not a chance. No. Look, I'm a bit antiquated with these things. Even even our boss Burns he said to me today, am I using Gemini? And I thought he was referring to the Holdens back in the early eighties, good good little car to Gemini. No, Gemini is actually the AI assistant that the Google network uses, and so I haven't touched Gemini yet.
Speaker 5: Well, I just say to Bournsy who might be listening, I've used it a couple of times. I don't trust it yet, but it certainly provided some commentary or some written material to use on air. I don't trust it yet. I want to trust it. But we've got some training coming up, I think in August, haven't we.
Speaker 2: I think so does just Gemini. If you use it to provide some commentary. Does Gemini provide a political perspective? No?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't ask it for an opinion. I asked it to turn something that might be five pages into half of one page.
Speaker 2: And it can do that.
Speaker 5: It can do that, It can do that. The other things can do that, and there's probably a million other really good things that can do that. I just don't have a clue about. But we've got training in August. Mates, can't wait?
Speaker 2: Well, the wold In Gemini, the Holden Gemini wasn't a bad little car. My grandpa had one at one point. Now, what's on the show tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Well, hang on. That was my first car. It was a red one. I remember the red Joe. It was k ep. I want to tell you the numbers. A red Gemini. It was the base model. The old man said, I'll lend you the money for this, but you've got to work at the shop on the weekend to pay for it. Said, run up here enough and anyway, that's my Gemini story. My first car, sorry going in.
Speaker 2: My first car was also hand me down, was my parents and they kindly donated to me at the end of its useful life. Was a station wagon nineteen eighty one Twitter Corona station Wagon in Pooh brown, Pooh brown metallic.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, well that changes everything.
Speaker 2: Fundy Hell, what's on the show? Plenty?
Speaker 5: Look remarkable? Ozzie on Sunday Morning is a blow called Andy Sashan. Now, no one would know of Andy Shan unless you were a music of Fiicheronado. He's the bass player. He's an Australian bass player for Billy Joel in the old days. He's played with Rose Tattoo, Dragon and Icehouse put in our tours with Billy Joel, and we got to know about Andy Sehan because we had the news of you weeks ago. Now the Billy was really crooked and a listener said, one of my mates plays with him, and he says, yeah, he is really crooked. So a long way around to get him to speak to Andy Sishan, Chris Marshall of Love. Actually the young guy with a British accent goes to America, comes back with the bevy when he could do that. He's on the show. I've got a new season Beyond Paradise coming out. We want to talk to him about that.
Speaker 2: There were so many classic moments in that program, in that movie, and most about whether we admit it or not in most of our top five. So was his name Colin Frizzle, Yes, that's Colin Frizzle.
Speaker 5: That's Colin Frizzle, ka big and we won't need to we don't need to say the other words. Yeah, that's him.
Speaker 2: You've got Colin Frizzle on the show. That's right one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, a zen pic. How safe is it or is it not? We want to really look at that. We've talked about that for a couple of weeks. And the long range weather forecaster Hayden Walker, he will join me to give us a glimpse into what he sees a winter ig normally on the mark and he's a good chatter. He'll be here with me tomorrow morning, my friend.
Speaker 2: We'll be listening from eight o'clock, sorry, nine o'clock. We will be listening from eight o'clock for Life and Tech, but from nine o'clock for Luke Grant. Thanks mate.
Speaker 5: I'm going to just say to my listeners and your listeners. Last week, this flow Clinton Maynard, Kip the roosters to beat camera, Hello, leave us alone, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Louk. So this week you could you give Hilly Grant from nine o'clock tomorrow morning. This week the roosters have the buy, So I think I'll back the buy five to five on the text line zero four singx zero eight seven three out seven three. Well Peter confirms Donald Trump Trump can drive because he drives his own golf buggy. A little bit different driving a car. The golf buggy is there electric, aren't they? It's a Tesla golf buggy Bob says, look to put things into perspective. Elon Musk and his donation to the Trump campaign two hundred and fifty million dollars is simply ashtray money from us, because of course he's a billionaire. Luke Grant just revealed that his first car was a Holding Gemini. What was your first car?
Speaker 7: In?
Speaker 23: My first car, Clinton, by the way, had you going today?
Speaker 16: Was nineteen seventy four Gallant?
Speaker 2: They were the Chrysler Galant, wasn't it?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 16: His name was Larry Right.
Speaker 23: I got him as a birthday present for my twenty first which was like a couple of years ago. And it's when Mary Enda I was on the what was it that show?
Speaker 16: The price is right? Thank you Larry, Thank you Larry. Anyone believed. They drove it up my driveway and they just finished really fixing and building it that day, and as I'm putting the windscreen in, it shattered and it was oh car, so you touch it? And it just went everywhere and one of my friends goes, oh, can I touch it.
Speaker 8: And just sppe. For years I was pulling class out of the event.
Speaker 2: You don't have it anymore, do you?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 16: No, I couldn't find any path for it when it started breaking down, so I just had to me to another vehicle.
Speaker 2: Good on you mean thank you if you call. My first car was a nineteen eighty one tour to Corona and it had been our family car and Mum and Dad had bought a new car, so rather than traded in, they very graciously gave it to me. Dave, the bus driver says his first car was a nineteen seventy three HQ and it's still in the garage. So the old in HQ kingswould hold in HQ Kingswood, was it? Good on your Dave? Significant moves in the past twenty four hours by Karingay Council on the North Shore of Sydney. Kring Guy Council has been one of the very vocal councils is probably the most vocal council against the State government's planning changes to dramatically increase housing development, particularly near train stations. They've been fighting it because they have claimed that much of the north Shore is not suitable for high rise development and the state government, though they're simply not going to say no, So what the council has done. They had a council meeting last night and they've come up with their own plan, And I just wonder whether local people will be happy with this plan either. They might not be quite satisfied with what the state governments put for, but I doubt they're going to like what the council has come up with either. So the government's plan is for six story buildings within a four hundred meter radius of train stations, so that would affect, for instance, Gordon train station and the Pacific Highway, Taramara, Lynnfield. What the council has done, they've come up with a plan for as many as twenty four thousand homes a little more than that in buildings as high as twenty eight stories in Gordon, eighteen stories in Lynnfield and eight stories in Roseville and Kollara. So these would actually taller buildings, but there'd be fewer of them. So rather than six story buildings everywhere basically along the Pacific Highway near train stations, there'd be these specific locations Gordon, Lynnfield, Roseville, Kalara, but Gordon twenty eight stories, so you can obviously pack a lot more people in there. The Council's pretty much being forced in this position. But I've got to see. My problem with it with either the state government plan or the council's plan is yes, these buildings will be near train stations, and that's what the whole idea is about. Encourage development near a metro or in this the heavy train line, and you encourage the residents not to drive a car but to catch the train. It makes some sense, but let's be honest, Sydney is a city addicted to cars. We've all got one. Now, are you going to tell me that people who buy a unit or rent a unit in these locations aren't going to have a car. There'll be at least one car with every unit. Now, the Pacific Highway through the North Shore, and I'm not biased on this one. I live in the opposite end of the city. But it is a nightmare of a road. It's in many parts quite narrow. Still, there's a lot of schools, so you have forty k zones during school hours in many areas. Think about twenty five thousand apartments going up along that area of Sydney. How on earth is the Pacific Highway going to handle it? How does it handle that traffic? Now? I'm not against developing more property in Sydney. We've got a serious housing crisis. We know that our young people are not going to be able to afford to live in Sydney forget out buying, just just renting. And if younger people end up moving out of Sydney, we're going to have a problem with employment. There's not gonna be enough people to fill jobs. But I think we've got to choose the right locations. And I'm not convinced the north Shore. And as I said, I don't live there, but I'm not convinced the north Shore itself is the right location for that level of development. I mean, if you'd live on the north Shore, you live around Gordon Linfield Roads, who I'd love to hear from you in the next hour of the program one three one eight seven three you tell me whether you think it's the right location for that level of development twenty five thousand homes. Because those people are going to have cars, They're going to be crammed on the Pacific Highway. The Pacific Highway can't handle the cars that are on it at the moment. Let me know what you think. Zero force x zero eight seven three eight seven three coming up in the next hour of the program.
Speaker 1: Mark Gyer, this is Sydney. Now we've Clinton Maynard on.
Speaker 2: To GBS seven past five. Can we declare the long weekend has begun yet? So I think we can after five o'clock business hours are over, so it's the King's Birthday long weekend now. Fortunately, the traffic out of Sydney is actually not too bad. Yes, there is certainly extra traffic on the M one heading to the central coast of Newcastle, but not as bad as it usually is heading into a long weekend and even to the south and the west. If you are stuck in any traffic, let me know about it. Zero force x zero eight seven three eight seven three for our text messages. I wonder whether this might be part of it. Now, this is just my experience. My son plays soccer like I'm sure lots of your kids play soccer or netball or winter sport, and he has two soccer games scheduled this weekend, so he's playing tomorrow. It's just this is just the under fourteens, under fifteens and playing on Monday. And the reason he's playing on Monday on the public holiday is because they're catching up for wet weather games. And I wonder whether a lot of mums and dads aren't leaving Sydney this weekend because the kids are actually playing sport on Monday where usually they wouldn't be. And perhaps you'd be able to go on a long weekend holiday after the Saturday morning sport. Maybe you're still playing on Saturday. Got some insight to that, let me know. But if you are stuck in some traffic, certainly send your message zero force zero eight seven three. There have been some problems on the train lines this afternoon. There are delays on the Cumberland Lowe, the Leppington Line and the Inner West Line. A person need to medical assistance at Guilford a little earlier, and that means stops might change at short notice. If you find that that, for instance, there are extra stops that's the reason why. So that means because trains are stopping at more of the stations, they're operating a little slowly this afternoon. There's also been some problems from Central towards Newcastle because a signal issues there. It's eight past five.
Speaker 1: If it's happening in Sydney, you'll hear it on Sydney now with Clinton.
Speaker 2: On to GB Well, big news today about beef. American beef could be fully allowed back into our country for the first time since two thousand and three when mad cow disease broke out. Since twenty nineteen, there's been a partial bend, so some beef has been allowed in. Producers have been able to access the Aussie market if they can ensure all protocols have been followed. But there's going to be some more negotiation with the United States because, as you know, the Trump administration is increasing our tariffs and Donald Trump made it very clear one of the reasons why we are going to cop bigger taffs on our beef industry is because we don't allow a lot of beef in from the United States. Now this is critical for the US because they love our beef, makes for great hamburger patties, and Donald Trump himself loves a big mac. The Prime Minister and the Government has indicated well, there are some negotiations, but the Prime Minister told the ABC today it's no reason to be concerned because our biosecurity is still going to be protected.
Speaker 6: We will not change or compromise any of the issues regarding biosecurity, full stop, exclamation mark.
Speaker 1: It's simply not worth it.
Speaker 2: But we don't have an outcome yet. The Prime Minister is not explaining yet what is going to happen. Doctor Chris Parker is the CEO of Cattle Australia and joins US. Thank you for your time, Chris oh quinn, thank you for having me on. If American beef is allowed here without the level of restrictions that now apply, what's that going to mean for our industry?
Speaker 9: Well, look, our.
Speaker 8: Position is is the US needs to be able to demonstrate that it can either trace cattle born in Mexico and Canada or has systems that are equivalent to our traceability here in this country, and that should be assured before imports can begin again.
Speaker 2: So is that part of the problem here that we're not only talking about the American cattle or American beef that's processed in America. Do the cows in the catad do they originally come from Mexico or Canada.
Speaker 8: Well, at the moment, they've got access for cattle that are born, raised and then slaughtered in the US, So they've got access for that. They've chosen not to use that access because their market is actually encompasses cattle coming in from Mexico and cattle and meat coming in from from Canada, so it's quite an integrated market amongst those three countries. So all we've required is that when those animals enter from those other countries that they have traceability, which means you know where they're born, you know where they're born, you know where they'll be. That's what traceability means, and so that's what we want to see occur as part of this risk assessment that the government is doing and access for the US beef and so.
Speaker 2: How does it work if the beef comes in here? What is the risk to us if we're not confident with these protocols?
Speaker 8: Well, particularly there are always in this case, we're concerned about the origin of the meat, just as the Americans are concerned about origin and Australian beefs going they of course insist that it's born, raised, and slaughtered in Australia. So all we're asking for is the sorts of equivalency in this space. But really, you know, we're in a position where the meats at themandment is one way trade. An enormous amount of beef goes into the US from Australia and we would like to see that continue in the two way trade continue. So look, I think in the end what this is about is industry ensuring that any conditions that are put in place make sure they protect the Australian industry. And we were heartened to hear the Prime Minister to say that that would.
Speaker 2: Be is the reality that even if the American beef is allowed here, that our Australian beef is still going to be far more popular with the local consumer anyway, because it's like or so I would assume it's going to be better value still because it's not traveling from the other side of the world.
Speaker 8: Well, of course that will be I mean, even not including the travel, the price of beef in the US department is higher than it is in Australia. So the chances of them being able to competitively put large qualities of the US beef in Australia is pretty unlikely. But you know, before the beef was banned due to the mad Count disease, you know from the US, that is what we saw is quite small volumes coming in a quite specialist, you know, sort of highly feed lotted you know, a specialist market in some restaurants on the East Coast. I would think that'd be the similar sort of.
Speaker 2: Thing with tariff. So just saying another deal isn't arranged and we keep basically blocking a lot of this beef and the tariffs go up, as mister Trump has worn, what effect you now believe that's going to have on our market? Because they're going to want our beef, aren't they they are?
Speaker 8: And what we've actually seen, even with the ten percent taff, we've seen a year on year a thirty two percent increase in the amount of beef going from Australia to the US. And the reason is because our beef is not fatty, it's lean, and they mix it with their fatty beef to make hamburger patties and so in fact, in fact, it's quite a complementary part of their process. And so US importers want to use lean Australian beef, then they can mix to get the right fat content in their ments.
Speaker 2: So that's used to make paddies. So it's better for the Big Mac. Just as an example, Donald Trump, wht's Big Max. It's better for the Big Mac to have a combination of our meat and their meat in the one patty how works.
Speaker 8: It's been said to me that at least forty to fifty percent of the beef in American paddies is Australian.
Speaker 2: It was there beef fatty, and ours.
Speaker 8: Isn't because they feed lot so they're feeding on grain, and so what they do tend to see is is that you see, I suppose more fat laid down both in the meat and outside the meat. So the trimmings, which is what they cut off when they're preparing the carcass, end up being quite fatty, whereas ours mostly is grass fed, and mostly grass fed in the North, so again it tends to be quite lean. So when they do prepare the carcass, the trimmings which come off, which they then freeze and export, are quite lean and complementary to the US system.
Speaker 2: Look, I really appreciate that explanation, Chris, because I think some of us might just think, oh, you know, our beasts better because we're Australian. You know, we're of a patriarchy well, which as most countries are. But but it's good to have that explanation of actually how it works, that it's different the way we feed our cattle here, Hey, Chris. Hopefully they work it out and it's good for both countries.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Chris, indeed, thank you for having me cheer mate.
Speaker 2: Doctor Chris Parker, who's the CEO of Cattle Australia until six.
Speaker 1: This is Sidney now with Clinton Maynard on two GB call now one three one three.
Speaker 2: Quarter past five. I spoke too soon about the M one heading from Sydney to the Central Coast and Newcastle not being too bad for the start of a long weekend. It is bad, okay, sorry about this. Kerry tells me the N one northbound is becoming a mess. It is very slow for kilometers around Cowen past Mount White turn off. It is choker block would be a good description now, thanks for letting me know about that, Kerry, and raised with Kerry as well. In the car at the moment, Kelvin is traveling from work in Sydney back home to the Central Coast. Yeah, traffic very heavy just off Brooklyn. Deborah tells me hello from the M one. I'm on the end one at the moment. Usually the traffic is an absolute nightmare. Currently I'm traveling at forty kilometers now in a ninety zone so it's extremely heavy traffic. Debra says, happy long weekend. The Liberal Party is still considering what they're going to do legally in the seat of Bradfield after the recount resulted in the Teal Independent Nicolette Buller being declared the winner. She has won the seat by twenty six votes. Well. Gizelle Captian, who was the Liberal candidate, has now spoken publicly for the first time. She has appeared on ABC News TV in the past hour and she's been asked if she considered taking the result to the Court of Dispute returns and certainly Gizelle Captiian has not ruled that out.
Speaker 24: I'm just taking a moment to breathe. It's been a really really tight result with two different outcomes, you know, twenty six votes between us after one hundred and eighteen thousand ballots were cast, and it's the two different outcomes that we're having a look at now, taking a moment to breathe, taking advice, having a look at to really understand where the numbers lie and what might lie ahead.
Speaker 2: She also spoke about the journey from North Sitting to Bradfield, because of course the North Sydney seat was abolished. It was held by a teal and that meant that the boundaries of Bradfield changed.
Speaker 24: I think people can see that I'm a fighter. I truly believe in the cause that I put up my hand to represent and I ran as the candidate for Mill Sydney. It was abolished before I even had the chance to take my views, my principles and my message to the people of Mill Sydney. I was blessed to have the opportunity to take that vision to the people of Bradfield. This is not something I just woke up the one day and decided I wanted to do. This comes from a deep seated belief that we need to reset where Australia is heading.
Speaker 2: Giselle Captire and she's quite an impressive woman we spoke to on the program during the election campaign. She is very well regarded in Liberal circles and I've heard that the Labor Party, for instance, at State Parliament don't want to see her in State Parliament and they wanted her to see they her to win the seat of Bradford Federley so she doesn't make a crack at State Parliament at some point in the future. So the Liberal Party and Giselle Capturian will be very closely looking at the grounds. They may have to refer this case to the Court of Disputed Returns coming up, Charlie Brown, We're going to have a look at AI. We were just talking about AI with Luke and Gemini. We'll have a look at a video of a paraglider stuck in the air. It's gone viral right and it's very excitable on social media, but it turns out it's a fake. Charlie Brown joining us shortly eighteen past five, twenty two to five confirmation. Karen Webb has now finished up as the Police Commissioner. She is retiring on the thirtieth of September, but she's actually handing over power to the who's going to be the acting Police Commissioner, Peter Thurtell. We've now confirmed this with the Police Minister's office, and it had been flagged previously that the be the handou a pure but I don't think many of us actually realize that she'd be leaving the position this early. But no, she is now finished up as the Police Commissioner, formally retiring on September thirty, but she takes leave up until then. Word on the Street thinks to temper a great night's sleep night after night. The difference is temper. We each week award one of our Word on the Street listeners with some Temper Primer cooling pillows will send out two worth six hundred dollars. So when you see something around Sydney that you'd like us to investigate. If you think something's a little curious, perhaps it's just a big traffic snail, let us know. You can email us to gb dot com. You'll see the icon for Sydney now. But also you can send us text messages zero four s X zero eight seven three eight seven three. This week's winner of Word on the Street is James. James told us yesterday about the illegal dumping rubbish dumping happening in and around Risby and Padstow Heights. It's a mess and looking at the photos, there were all these old ties left by the side of the road, an old piano, building, construction materials, and someone had to do with the fact you had all these trucks that were parked almost like a depot on the side of Henry Lawson Drive. And now the rubbish was hidden behind the trucks. Anyway, We've put it to the relevant councilors and transport authorities and im understanding is some of that rubbish is now being moved, including the piano. So good on your James letting us know about it, because it means we can try and get some action. So we're sending you out to Temper Primer cooling pillows valued at more than six hundred dollars a great night's sleep, night after night. Difference is Temper.
Speaker 1: Bigger part of Sydney now with Clinton Maynard called one three one eight seven three at twenty.
Speaker 2: Four past five, we have some dramas with the Sydney and our team now our two Gibi intern. Camilla has just copped a fine, and no, she hasn't copped a fine during the double demerit point period. She's been sent a letter in the mail. You won't believe this. She's been sent a letter in the mail from Italy. Camilla has copped a speeding fine from Sardinia September last year, nine months after she paid a visit to Italy would have been a lovely holiday. Camilla's boyfriend was doing some driving. The fine says they were doing one hundred and thirty one k's in a ninety zone. Your boyfriend likes to are travel, Camilla, was he driving a Ferrari in Italy? Nice Alpha Lamborghini's lovely Italian cars on the market, one hundred and thirty one in the ninety zone very early in the morning. Apparently the Rushian of the airport trying to get to the airport, and Camilla tells us they're actually doing the same speed as all the traffic around them, because you know the Italians, they do like to drive fast. That's why they've got Ferrari's. Anyway, she's been sent a two hundred and nine euro fine. Two hundred and nine euros translates to three hundred and sixty seven dollars. Now, if they don't pay it within five days the fine will I shouldn't laugh? Is serious matter. They don't pay it within five days, the fine's going to go up. Does this have happened to you? One three, one, eight seven, three months and months after an overseas trip, you've copped to fine in the mail? Did you just pay it? Do you do the right thing and pay it? Camilla? Can you make sure they pay the fine?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: She's put a hands up thumbs up because we do have an extradition arrangement with the Italians. And let me assure you there'll be knocking on our door wanting you and your boyfriend to edit back to Italy. Spend some time, some quality time behind Barzi if you don't pay the fine coming up to five point thirty. I was listening to the six Tackles with Gusts podcasts last night with Phil Gould and Matt Thompson, and this has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Matt came across this on social media. It's the Trump star talking about his disgust at paper straws, but mixed with the theme to Seinfeld, if they want a band straw?
Speaker 25: Has anybody ever tried those paper straws?
Speaker 13: They're not working to the right?
Speaker 25: Has anybody ever tried jericy? The news sort's made out of paper?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 25: It disintegrates as you're drinking. If you have a nice fire like this side, this would have no chance. By the time you get finished the straw, it's totally disintegrated. Does anybody walk around with a plastic straw because it's gun bad?
Speaker 13: You know, you whipping out for them?
Speaker 9: For them?
Speaker 10: You never had to do that, So.
Speaker 2: They want to band straws. They said, oh really, what about the cart, what about the plate?
Speaker 13: What about the knives and the.
Speaker 25: Spoons at a plastic Oh they're okay, but the straws.
Speaker 2: We got a bad keep fit right in the siwn field with that rant, wouldn't he He's completely legitimate that he actually said that. It's not AI or anything. That was Donald Trump about cardboard straws. Nobody likes cardboard stores. I had a milkshake this morning on the way to work. Right, it was a great milkshake, came with a damn cardboard straw. So by the time I got to the end of the milkshake, the straw was useless. Right, Look, you can put up with those wooden knives and forks, they're okay, But honestly, the cardboard straw has no good. But some very creative person online has put the trumpster's rant to Seinfeld. You would actually think the Trumpster was from Seinfeld one eight seven three. Let's check out his headlines, and we've got the latest deren Mark.
Speaker 14: Hello there, Clinton. A jumping castle operator has been found not guilty over the deaths of six children at a Tasmanian Primary School when the inflatable was blown into the air. Australian man Robert Pether has been released from an Iraqi jail. He's still on bail. Pether has always denied the charges of deception. The bromance between Donald Trump and Elon Musk is blowing up in spectacular fashion. Musk now suggesting the epstein haven't been released because the President is mentioned in them. And Operation snow Safe is underway. As the official ski season prepares to kick off. Police will be targeting anti social behavior, dangerous driving and risky behavior on the slopes in Sport. The West Australian Premiers welcome Malmaninger as the first head coach the Perth Bears. Premier Cook says Maninger's experience should ensure the Bears make a solid start when they entered the NRAL in twenty twenty seven. And there'll be more news at six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Aron fourteen degrees in the city eleven. In the west of the moment, traffic is fairly heavy on the M one heading towards the central coast from Sydney with the start of the long weekend. I should point out that both Gus and Matt are no fans of the cardboard straws the paper straws either. Maybe that was the problem between Elon Musk and Donald Trump. Maybe Elon Musk, because he has run an electric car company's environmentalist maybe he was a big supporter of the paper straws and the Trumpster didn't agree well.
Speaker 1: On Sydney. Now for Harvey Norman half yearly clearance shop laptops, mobiles, monitors, home security, earbuds and more in store and online, Harvey Norman half yearly Clearance, Best Prices Guarantee.
Speaker 2: Now there's been a video a Chinese paraglider stuck in the storm. It went viral this week on social media. It's been widely reported in his national media as well. His face was encrusted with ice and he'd said he'd been sucked into the upper atmosphere. Well, it's now been revealed the footage was a fake. It's a complete fake, generated by AI. I wanted to talk to Charlie Brown Ow to GB expert on this issue. Can it Charlie how Ay Clinton? It's pretty sophisticated now this stuff, isn't it?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 21: This one has some Taltale signs with it. One minute the paraglider had a black helmet, next minute he had a white helmet that sort of pointed a few things out to people viewing a bit closely to thinking, hang on a second. The other thing was, one minute his legs are dang and the next minute they're in a pouch and you couldn't see And when the legs were dangling, you couldn't see the sign of any pouch. So what it points to is that as we progress, vision that we see floating, especially viral ly, is going to be harder and harder to tell whether it's legit. We will want things that are amazing to be real, but in some cases, like this one, they won't be. We have seen amazing vision come from AI robots already, but I would wager that the stuff that these robots are producing stuff even higher quality that just hasn't been released yet, so we haven't seen them. And that's partly to keep that technology close to their chest, so we don't know what it is, so their competitors don't know. But I think in the next couple of years is going to get even harder.
Speaker 2: So how does so somebody wants to pull a scam? Right somebody wants to out the fake out there on social media. So with AI, how do they do it? Is there a video program and then it has AI as a tool part of it, and somebody just types in, I want you to make a fake picture of a Chinese paraglider stuck in the store. That's one way.
Speaker 21: The other way is to start with a paraglider and a green in a green screen studio, have them all dressed up looking like a paraglider or almost looking like one, and then have the AI finish things off to look like to fill in the blank, so to speak, to make it look a lot more legitimate. Add in some wind effects or all.
Speaker 2: Those kinds of things.
Speaker 21: But at the end of the day we are still able to see the not the mistruths, if you like.
Speaker 2: But that's going to get harder as we go.
Speaker 21: Look, there's programs around for download where you can go and type in all sorts of ridiculous things you would like to see a video of, and it will go make a video or an image of. And some of them are quite ridiculous and comical, but you can still very very much tell that they are created by a computer. As we get all computing power. As the software gets more sophisticated, it's going to get harder.
Speaker 2: But this was a good one.
Speaker 21: I mean, this one got shared by some of the global media outlets as a legit thing, and then then it took some time, only a few days, but then it started getting pointed out, hang on, there's some indiscrepancies here to point out it's not legit.
Speaker 2: We've got some AI training sessions here at the station. I think it's later in the month. I just want one thing out of these training sessions. I'm going to ask a how can we get rid of paper straws? For surely AI can come up with solution to that. Now, what's on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 21: Well, we're going to talk with one of the big AI tech companies, Meta is coming on. They're going to talk to us about their smart glasses that they've got and the areas of the community that are being able to be enhanced or achieve a benefit from those.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 21: Plus we're going to talk about smart door locks for your home, why you might get one, and how hard they are to install.
Speaker 5: If you do.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be listening from eight o'clock tomorrow Thank you, Charlie, thanks you. That's Charlie Brand Tomorrow eight o'clock on two GIBI Life and Technology on Sydney.
Speaker 1: Now a weather update will be here to help in unexpected weather. Nrima Insurance a health company fourteen degrees.
Speaker 2: The moments actually could be much cooler, so it was greasy.
Speaker 5: Start the day.
Speaker 2: The number fourteen. Now, how it has been a bit of cloud cover throughout the day, so it's sorry he kept the temperatures from going down too low eleven degrees in the western suburbs. It should remain dry tonight Tomorrow, mostly sunny day with a top of nineteen degrees for Sunday a possible shower seventeen degrees for the King's birthday. And I should point out Charlie doesn't celebrate his birthday on Monday. It's actually November, but we have the public holiday on Monday, mostly Sunnay with a top of sixteen degrees for back to work Tuesday, partly cloudy and seventeen degrees.
Speaker 1: A finance update.
Speaker 2: Not the best day on the stock market. The All Ordinaries has closed down point three percent, eight thy seven hundred and forty one points. The as six two hundred down point two seven eight five hundred and fifteen one Australian dollar buying sixty five US cents.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Sydney Now with Clinton Maynard on to gb com now one three one eight seven three.
Speaker 2: There's been some issues on Sydney's train network this afternoon, as is normal for a Friday, delays on the Leppington Inner West line due to an earlier medical incident at Guilford. Those delays should be easing by now, but we're also hearing about some other problems that what can you tell me, Jeff Clinton?
Speaker 26: Yeah, my wife was heading down to Queen Beyand from Central and she's on the platform now and they've delayed the train another forty five minutes. There's you to go about five plast five but I'm not sure about another forty five minutes before they're predicting when.
Speaker 13: She can leave.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's heading down to Queenbing Camp camera this this may be related. There was a signal problem a little earlier at Central and I know it was delaying some of our listeners heading to Newcastle, so a different direction, but it could be I don't know for sure. It could be linked to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll try and find out from Transport for New South Wales. Thanks letting us know. So there was an issue about an hour ago with some signal problems at Central station. One of our listeners thinks was Dave, who was heading to Newcastle. This is the train heading from Central down to Queenby and Canberra facing some issues. We'll try and find out what's going on at Central Station. It's twenty to six one three one eight seven three. Rugby League is back. Hello MG, good afternoon, my friend.
Speaker 17: Are you you're looking resplendent today in your white bomber jacket? It looks awesome.
Speaker 2: Did you see the jacket I was wearing? What were looking on the I was watching you.
Speaker 17: I was watching you.
Speaker 5: I was spying on you earlier.
Speaker 17: I was watching you live on the cameras going to two GB and you're looking very warm and cozy and look like something out of a movie.
Speaker 2: Well, it was very cold this morning when I when I got out, it was it's cold in the shy. What was it like in Penrith it was look, it was.
Speaker 17: Said four degrees when I got this morning for a little brisk walk at about six thirty am and it felt like minus two. Who was freezing this morning?
Speaker 5: But it is winter.
Speaker 2: It is winter correct?
Speaker 21: Now?
Speaker 2: I say rugby league is back because last night it just showed how good rugby league is. That the comeback from Newcastle and I know both tip manly with a comeback from Newcastle the second half of that game.
Speaker 17: Wow, that's very indicative this season thus far, isn't it. I went, I must say, I'm going to pull my head up here. I went to bed at halftime stream nel you missed it. I wake up to my wife in bed, going no, I said, what happened? She goes, come on, pomer just scored in Golden Point.
Speaker 2: I said, what what it was? It was stunny.
Speaker 17: I don'tbelieva well it it was actually the twenty four hours of clutch moments because it was Pongo in the Golden Point. And then there was a soccer ruse over in Perth winning one nail against Japan someoney haven't beaten for sixteen years. And today in the NBA, the Pacers legend ty Reese Halliburton scored a buzzer beater to win one hundred and eleven or one hundred and ten as Major underdog. So it was quite the twenty four hours of clutch moments.
Speaker 2: Clinton, do you have a favorite clutch moment of all time?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 17: How can anyone go past Stephen Bradbury's.
Speaker 10: Going to come to and win gold Steven Bradby from.
Speaker 5: The tail of the film The Australian has crossed the line first.
Speaker 2: That's a bit of a clutch moment with a difference. Usually it's an absolute superstar of the sport. It just pulls out the field goal last moment. But that was Bradbury.
Speaker 17: That was unbelievable. Look, I've I've had a good chance to speak with I've been on the same card as him as speaking at Gainsment and he tells a fantastic story about how everyone judges him on that golden medal, but he said that was fourteen years before that, a broken neck and all that stuff that went on to it, and he said, there was my strategy to stay behind because I knew they'd be carnage.
Speaker 5: And you know what there was.
Speaker 17: And he is an absolute clutch man, is a legend.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is a clutch moment. Maybe it falls into the category of the clutch moment, but Andrew Fefeede's try for my Sharks in the twenty sixteen Grand Final. Oh yeah, well he had he had like four Melbourne Storm players off the back of him and somehow he scored that put that ball down under the posts.
Speaker 17: They were never going to They're never going to lose that game, were they?
Speaker 5: That was a game.
Speaker 17: It was kind of like us in ninety one.
Speaker 2: In the last thirty seconds when Melbourne had the ball and threw it all over the place. I lose it. It's all right for you to say that, MG, I was the one in pain.
Speaker 5: I just look at your Facebook. That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Just before we finished wrapping up on the last night's game, I spoke about this little earner in the program, Andrew Adam O'Brien, the coach of the Knights. He's now come out this afternoon. I'll play you this if you haven't heard it. He's actually apologized because last night after the match, there was some booing at halftime. He said, then I obviously know nothing about rugby league those who bo and he's there come out today and said this.
Speaker 7: I apologize unreservedly to our members and fans that I offended, and I can understand why they would be offended.
Speaker 17: I was.
Speaker 7: I'll be apologizing to the playing group as well for my comments because you know, they deserve to be reading a lot of other stuff today that that I took away from it.
Speaker 2: See, I don't like doing of your team, but I know player fans who pay them, he got a right to do it. I don't think he needed to apologize personally.
Speaker 17: Well, let's put it this way. He heard last night from reporters that you know, and what do you think about the doing? He kind of was on the back foot. I watched the press conference today when he said that. I think he was sticking up for his players. I will say that, but I don't think he can have a bag. The people who pay the money to walk through the gates and buy the jerseys and buy and sticking with that Newcastle faithful. They stick with that team.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they do good bad, So I think they've.
Speaker 5: Got the right to bo.
Speaker 17: Look, I think he took it too personally, but I still think it was a fantastic victory.
Speaker 5: Well, it was one of my and he's right, And he's.
Speaker 17: Right because now we're talking about that instead of the great win from last night.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners was at the ground last night and he was telling me he reckons they weren't so much doing at the players are doing at him as O'Brien, because O'Brien's photo was up on the big screen at the time and look he's going through. You know, it's been pretty tough year for Adam O'Brien and has why listen to reckons they are billing towards him.
Speaker 17: Well, you know what if anything does happened to Adam O'Brien this year. In his contract and very smart contract that he signed about six months ago, he has to be paid fully if he get sacked. So he's got two years of pay coming his way to the warehouse. So I don't think he might It matters that much at the moment. Now.
Speaker 2: Last night's game featured the two fletchers who have these quite extraordinary mullets. But a man who has an amazing mullet is Josh Papali or Papaliki.
Speaker 17: Yes, and he will be playing his three hundred and nineteenth game this weekend for Camber Raiders, surpassing Jason Croker on three hundred and eighteen. What an amazing feat for Josh Papaalihy. He's been an ornament to the game. He's been through a good, bad and ugly. This is the rugby league. He's a powerhouse for Canberra. You know at thirty three, just turned thirty three years of age. He's kind of you get a feeling, Quentin that this is a year that you get the feelings that might be the Camberraider's year, you know, with a mix of youth and experience as well as his young kids coming through. And Rickie Stewart, the perennial, you know, the coach who just wants everything for his team. Yeah, look, it's going to be a great missun. Also, Adam Reynolds celebrates he's three hundred game, becoming the fifty fifth person in our game to reach three hundred games. So go on with Adam Reynolds as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's quickly whip through our tips starting tonight. The first game tonight not be a good game. This is the Storm up against the Cows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look at.
Speaker 17: I don't know these days.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I really don't know.
Speaker 17: I'm going with Melbourne Storm because it's in Melbourne, but anything could happen with Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'll go with Melbourne as well. The game will be calling on the Continuous Call team tonight, with leaving the Boys Dolphins up against the Dragons in Brisbane.
Speaker 17: Yeah, in Brisbane Dolphins, Yep, I'll.
Speaker 2: Go Dolphins there. Tomorrow the Kronella Sharks take on the New Zealand Warriors.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 17: We'll be live from this ground tomorrow from the Continuous Call team from one till five, and I'm betting on I'm backing the home team, the Sharkies.
Speaker 2: I will be backing the Sharks the reason.
Speaker 17: Hallelujah, brother, hallelujah.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the game and I don't want to offend any of the Sharks supporters there. I think the Warrior is a win, but I'm tipping the Sharks.
Speaker 5: Oh you can't say that now, you Jinx.
Speaker 17: You'r tell wow.
Speaker 2: To the Broncos up against the Titans.
Speaker 17: So has been sensationally dropped for this this game which couldn't really mount of origin contention. I think the Broncos will bounce back, but I don't know how can you back to the Broncos in the current climate. Bronco's for mine.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm tipping the Broncos as well. But I'm looking at the formal statement that's been put up on our website says I'm tipping the Titans. I'm sure not, don't.
Speaker 17: He's got the tits you put the Titans. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: You did, you can't. Okay. Camber versus South.
Speaker 17: Hi, Look at Josh Papola. He's milestone game. Camber won't lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. The Tiger's up against Penny Panthers.
Speaker 17: Penny Panthers.
Speaker 2: I'll go the Panthers and the Doggies up against the Eels on Monday.
Speaker 17: Yeah, lock one Galvin makes his the booth for the Doggies, and I think the Dogs will prevail over the Eels.
Speaker 2: Okay, we will hear you tomorrow on the Continuous Call to MMG.
Speaker 17: And I'll see you next Tuesday. Have a great long weekend and be safe and thank you the King for the holiday.
Speaker 2: I might well see you at the Shark Park tomorrow afternoon. Se mg S, Buddy, let's play the quiz. Okay, I need two contestants to play. If you'd like to win a five hundred dollars Winston with a wire blinds voucher, you can get twenty five percent off motorized blinds, curtains, and awnings. Winston dot com dot Are you giving me a call?
Speaker 19: Now?
Speaker 2: Shall we make the quiz early for it easy for a Friday afternoon for long weekend? Oh no, Emily says, no, No quiz is gonna be hard. One today, one, three, one eight seven three. The opposition is Susan Lee has spoken with my colleague Tom Elliott on three MW today and she's revealed the real reason she has an extra S in her name.
Speaker 27: I read that when you were younger, you added an extra S to the middle of your name, so Susan spelt convincedly it's now Subsam because of a belief in numerology, and I hope that doing so would make your life more interesting.
Speaker 2: Has that worked and will it?
Speaker 27: Will it guide future policy making under your watch?
Speaker 18: Well, it was a flippant remark that I made to a journalist. It's actually not the reason. It was something I did during my rebel teenage years. And you know I went through a punk phase in those years and added the extra S. So people have been fascinated by the numerology angle, but it's actually not correct.
Speaker 2: So it's because she used to be a punk.
Speaker 1: Time to expand your mind?
Speaker 19: Do you maybe begin your questioning.
Speaker 1: Sidney now as questions's questions? That's important, pattenty, I know you are answer a question? Get it right? Clinton's quick quiz?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's give away at five hundred dollars Winston with why at Boucher Winston dot com dot au. Who do we have to play to day? Tanyas in chats.
Speaker 22: With a Tanya Yeah, Hey Clinton, Haydry.
Speaker 2: I'm good and guy in pimble, Guy, do you want to win something today?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, your thirty second starts?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: How many days are there in a correct? Calmer police, no surprises and creep as songs? By which band? Correct? I was gonna say one of the best bands ever. What vegetables are known to help you see in the dark? Correct? What two colors mixed to make green, yellow and blue? Correct? What is the strongest hand in poker?
Speaker 18: Day?
Speaker 13: For it?
Speaker 5: H four aces?
Speaker 2: Royal flush? So you're on four? You're doing well, guy, Tanya. This is going to be tricky, Okay, it's tricky.
Speaker 10: I can do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, you go. Which US singer was spotted in Lidcombe this week? Pass I was going to give it away, Katie Perry. The Wellington Hurricanes play which sport?
Speaker 18: NFL?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Rugby Union? How many stars on the Australian flag? Fight six? What instrument? What instrument did Louis Armstrong play? Come on, it's the trumpet? Oh, Tanya, this.
Speaker 16: Is not good?
Speaker 22: Is that any better? Questions for me?
Speaker 7: Or?
Speaker 2: And you finished on zero four? I'm sorry, Tanya. Haye, guy, you're the winner. Well done, mate, Thank you. We will send you out of Winston with a vibe voucher for five hundred dollars Winston with why I get twenty five percent of motorized blinds, curtains and awnings Winston dot com dot are you? And the boys have given me Monday off because the Continuous Call team will be calling the Bulldogs and the Eels Monday afternoon. Now doesn't this sound like a great way to lunch on a weekend? The Weekend Roast at the Cut Bar and Grill in the Rocks from noon till three every Saturday and Sunday. The Cut serves up a delicious weekend classic done right. It is slow cooked Cape Grim's signature prime rib on a crisp Yorkshire pudding crush peas sauteed baby carrots, bfat hasselbacked potatoes and roast onions, all served with a rich red wine sauce and horseradish cream. Each bite is perfection. The weekend Roast every Saturday and Sunday from noon at the Cut Bar and Grill, Sydney's favorite base house Basement Steakhouse, booked now at their website, Cutbarangrill dot com dot you. That website Cutbarangrill dot com dot you.
Speaker 1: And now a preview of what's coming up on wide World of Sports for the Serrato successor, the turbo charged Kiak four kias on new small sedan GT Line very unt available now find out more about Kia's latest small car.
Speaker 2: A man who loves to boo his beloved parent eels out of horse never. I've never done it. I don't boo the Sharks ever.
Speaker 11: Yeah, look each of their own, but I don't do it. But I'm gonna ask that question. I know you've been discussing it as well. Can you boo your own team? I think in some cases it works, and it did last night for Newcasts came back. I think Adamo Brian should have been thanking the crowd anyway, we'll talk about that. Sam Thiday will be along to preview the Dolphins v. Dragons, Greg Flora by the Great Fly, we'll talk about malmonn Inger's appointment as Perth Bears coach. Larnie Pallast will preview the swimming trials next week and Lachlan Kennedy, our sprint sensation, is joining me.
Speaker 2: Hawsey coming up after the news. Continuous course with leaving the Boys from seven o'clock. Thank you Camilla, our intern who's been working with us this week. Good luck with the speeding Fine, Liam, Ben and m We've had a fabulous week. I'll see you on Tuesday. That's sitting now,