Speaker 1: Thank your gabe.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Blake, I hope you're well. Good morning everyone, Welcome to Australia overnight. And now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 3: Australia's quiet.
Speaker 4: The night, it rolls on, the voices echo until the break of dawn.
Speaker 3: Through the dark.
Speaker 4: There's a guiding line three aw keeps us close.
Speaker 3: Tonight overnight we share stories and laughter everywhere, from city streets to the outbacks. Guys Australia tree.
Speaker 5: As station flies the midnight hours, the softly.
Speaker 3: The city wakes, the heart goes no. So these voice like a friendly.
Speaker 6: Brings the country close across this slam.
Speaker 3: Over night.
Speaker 7: We shared the a.
Speaker 3: Stories, laughter everywhere, Nino.
Speaker 6: Surfreeum city waksh it goes now, tony fokes like a friendly hair brings the country close.
Speaker 3: Cross this lad o the night.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to join the program. Thank you Blake here, welcome along everybody. Thank you to Dennis Walter here at three A. Have you leafing the team there at five double A, hello to you and welcome along for Australia overnight, and our great friends at six p ian Perth, Good morning to you wherever you are. You jump on the line it's really easy. A one double three, six nine three. We're going to have cleared the board after Dennis's top rating program, so you'll get through straight away. One double three nine three. Anything you want to raise on the program, little things. I've got a birthday today and I think we'll have a bit of fun with it. One of the all time great lead singers. We're going to talk about lead singers. And when I explained to you who are way and when you'll go wow, can't believe it. The person to whom you refer for Tony makes eighty to lead early but what a career. So we'll get to that in Just to tick other things, I want to talk to you about swimming pools. One of the great joys as a kid growing up in Melbourne. On a hot summer's day, sometimes it didn't even need to be hot. You'd don the bathers. You'd get on a tram. I was only four at the time. You'd get on a tram straight along High Street and get off of the old Moulven baths. That was as good as laugh got. And then they closed it down and they built the new baths, and then ended up working in the kiosk there. As a teenager there were girls everywhere if you wanted to If you wanted to meet girls, the best way to do that when you were about fourteen or fifteen was be the kid in the kiosk at the Malvern Harold Holt Memorial Pool. Wow and on a rainy day, you'll love this jay. On a rainy day, when it was quite often you have rainy days, even during spring and summer for the holidays and things, you go, oh, this is not a very good pool day. There's not going to be many people around. So the normal pool gang you'd get on a tram and dive around and end up Saint Maurritz, Saint Maurritz ice skating and that was just a great day as well. So we'll talk about swimming pools all around Australia one double three and whatever you may have done when it was a rainy day, you perhaps went to the beach. I know in the wa for example, it's more of a I'm going out on a limb here at w Way, more of a beach culture than a pool culture. Hashtag discussed one double three six nine three. You can jump on board two one double three eight eighty two. What else did I have? Dad? Oh, Australia's best song. So when you think about when you think about great music, and I don't want to turn this into a music segment, Oh, hang on as we do. When you think about wonderful Australian musicians over the years, is there a song that you would consider to be certainly in the top ten all time great Australian songs. Think about that for a little while. Give me a call one double three six nine three, and I'll tell you why a bit later on. And the other question that I had written down is where were you in nineteen eighty six? Where were you? Where were you living? What were you doing for a job? Is still may be in that same role ineen eighty six and it impacts, not impacts. It involves very famous person so intrinsically and beautifully linked for such a long time. This great radio station from we're on broadcasting this morning. Three aw talk more about that as we go through the morning together. Okay, jump on board. Here we go one double three six nine three. We have no guests in this next couple of ours. Just after two, we've got we're going antiques and collectibles. We had a very special guest. It was Raymondo talking about why but Ray can't be with us this morning, so we'll wing it. We'll just fly by the seat of if you'd like to be part of it. One double three six nine three. Let's go first up to North Geelong. Hello, Baz morning, here you go as well, Thank you.
Speaker 9: I was heightned speech and Dennis he is busy.
Speaker 2: No, he's a bit busy old son, but he'll certainly be listening in his office this morning, Baz.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: In nineteen eighty six, I was a really I just finished school a cry tech yep ac DC opened up the cry Really that was the opening band.
Speaker 2: You're kidding. In nineteen eighty six, the Acadaca was down there at Caria.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there was a little fantastic.
Speaker 2: And where they perform inside the shopping center.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I got speak to Bond, Scott and the young brothers, everybody.
Speaker 2: Well, and how many people would have been like a massive crowd bears.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: There was a few gangs, the Cryer Boys and all aim boys. You know, we all had gangs back then. Things were a bit different as to what they are now.
Speaker 2: Well, there was still sort of what'd you say, a gang? Yeah, what constituted a gang back in the seventies into the eighties. Well, were you walking around with machete?
Speaker 11: Of course not.
Speaker 9: We didn't carry a knife. We used their fists.
Speaker 2: And how did that work out for everybody in the day, Bears.
Speaker 9: Well, if you've got to smack in the mouse, you got to smack in the mouse, and you've got to live to the next day, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And but not that we not that we endorse that at all, by the way.
Speaker 9: Bez, Yeah, I loved it. I lived to cry for eighteen years and I shited to North Gelong and I love it here. We've got a few problems with some bikey gangs. But I spent two years in prison. I didn't go to prison until ninety eight, until I was sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: For hell. So you did a couple of years, Bess.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I spent it with the Common Ceros and Ben Dodo's Fins motorcycle Club. Even meet some of the Hell's Angels.
Speaker 2: And so was that new to you to meet those people because you're going to meet them in prison.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was fantastic, the best guys I've ever met.
Speaker 13: I ran two.
Speaker 9: Units, one called Fishburn West and the other called sal Amanda. But they gave me that right to do that through respect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you you never got inducted, have no time for that, no time for reduction. Did you ever ride a bike?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yes, so I was in the walmlocks for years.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. Some great stories there, Bass good and you thank you for joining us and kicking it off for us this morning. Everybody has a great story, don't they look at the text already coming in. If you're sending you me, you can do that as well. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. You talk about that hold Halt memorial, Tony Maker, the pool had a high dive, Yes it did. Tout heated indoor pool love going there in the sixties. Well, I'm thinking stand to be corrected, but I thought the just trying to think.
Speaker 1: I think the.
Speaker 2: Old pool, the heated pool, if you like. I don't think that came on board at the Harold Holt until I'm going to say early part of the seventies. Stand to be. But somebody will confirm that one way or the other. The very famous Harold Holt Memorial, which is still her hysterical name for a swimming pool for those who know a bit about the history of mister Harold Holt, Prime Minister Harold Holt. One double three six nine three. We'll do this when we come back. Your cause will go to Ardie Leeann Vern you can jump on board as well. It is Australia Overnight. I'm Tony Mack. Good morning. Great songs from when you talk about wonderful Australian music, And now I know there's a zeleionum over the years. But if you were condensing it down to maybe the top ten, if that's at all easy to do, which I don't think it is, who would you put there at the very top of that list? And only because there's one in particular that often gets the nod as the best song Australian song of all time? What do you reckon that might be? And if it's not the one that you would think it is, then what have you got? What would you have in your top ten? One double three six nine three. Just talked about the year nineteen eighty six. We'll get back to those calls in just a tick. But if you look at some of those things that were happening in the year nineteen eighty six and you sort of forget really, the state funeral was held for Sir Henry Winnecke in Melbourne. Lauren macall arrived for a play Sweet Bird of Youth, the Great Lauren Bercall. W Wa and Tasmania had the re election of the alp in Wa and the Liberal Party in Tazzy Lyndy Chamberlain, now there's a name, was released from prison in Darwin after serving thirty nine months of a life sentence. Quickly, we'll forget. Nineteen eighty six. What a year I think it was. Bob Hawk breaks an election promised by lifting the ceiling on home interest rates. Paul Keating makes his infamous off the CAFF warning about Australia becoming quote Banana Republic. Anybody remember that? And nevill Ran resigns as the Premier of New South Wales and replaced by Barry Unsworth. Some great little bits and pieces of history there as you go forward. Federal Opposition leader John Howard's bended from the Australian House of Reps for twenty four hours after attacking the Federal Treasurer Paul Keating for huge travel expenses. Who would have thought, great mister Howard was suspended. We sort of forget about those little things, don't we a vern morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Tony. Now I want to tell you about in the early days they're down in the country. If you had a dispute with a bloke, what happened one gang against the other? Well, there's all fisticuffs like the other fellow seat. But if somebody pulled a knife, well the knife is sort of come from the newcomers that come into the country. But prior to that there was no knife. But if you pull a knaf that's a sign of a coward.
Speaker 15: Were you in a gang, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 14: If you pull the k off, they'll all pounds on him at the end of that. Now we've got loves with machetes. But they might have a gang, but they only pick on one or two or three people. And it's definitely not right. And this is a new wave and I don't really go along with it.
Speaker 2: No, well, of course, I don't think anybody really goes along with it. Thank you very much for that reminds me of the great song whether you want to be a my gang man, gang, my gang, you want to be a my gang? Of course he no longer gets in the airplay anyway. Tone just turned twenty one years old. That year was nineteen eighty six, just turned twenty one, lived in Briar Close, Narry Warren. Thank you for that. Margaret from Endeavor Hills, good morning to you. Thank you for that. Eighty six My son was four, my daughter was two. I was on a family leave from primary school teaching. Was working as a casual relief teacher several local schools. Fortunate that my mom and mother and I've lost the track of that you had disappeared, don't they. It's in the middle, is it? My mom and mother in law were available to babysit. Yes, very very handy. We're we off to Ardie morning, mister men argue.
Speaker 16: Good morning and Jay, Now, wasn't it David from Mount Waverley's birthday, the one that made your introduction thing.
Speaker 2: Many happy returns to a David. He's already sent a little email. Many happy returns, David in Mount Waverley. Yes, he wrote the lyrics for our opening song and then fed it into the machine and people seem to really embrace it, which is lovely.
Speaker 16: Well, all the best from Jim and I to David. And he also made a thing for me anyway, you reminded me about the pool that a lot of closed down, but may just reminded me. I've got to tell Nathan many not many years ago, about nineties, early nineties, I DJ the Pilot's party in their hostess and they were going amuck in the pool.
Speaker 2: They were doing what in the.
Speaker 16: Pool naughties, I won't say, Well, usually imagination and yeah, well yes, yes, I've said it all before, but I did think I'd end up dejaying a function like that.
Speaker 10: It's funny.
Speaker 2: We should write a book out of things we saw when we were young so called presenters at parties around Australia, certainly your case in mind around Melbourne, in people's homes where you'd set up the turntables, have the sound system. I was working for a blow called Andrew Noble mobile disc goes and you'd set them up and the party would go crazy, and then during the summer months people would end up in the pool.
Speaker 10: It's funny.
Speaker 16: I've got an ultimate song for Julie for a pool twisting by the pool din straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what a great track that is. Are do you go and write that book?
Speaker 16: I should?
Speaker 2: Things you've seen in a swimming pool? Good work? Thank you. In Mini bitsly and.
Speaker 17: Morning Morning, Tony and Jay, you said can I cover three topics?
Speaker 10: Please?
Speaker 2: Sure you can cop because many is your likely and it's open line part of the Australia Overnight Program.
Speaker 17: Firstly, did you say lead singer turning eighty today?
Speaker 2: You would say it was John. It is the great John Foggery. Can you believe it?
Speaker 17: He is eighty four year water And if you look at.
Speaker 2: You look at their amazing body of work there. And what's the one album that many would have had going back into the seventies when that was released?
Speaker 17: One? I don't know what it was called. No, no, it was Cresent, but I don't know what it was called.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the initials of the title of the album c.
Speaker 18: F Yeah, no, won't come to you see one of the most defining albums of our life.
Speaker 2: Had many ways.
Speaker 17: And second topic nineteen eighty six, I was living in Rena Street, BONDI. I had my twenty first day. Oh yeah, and my mom got me a stripper. I always meant to get it back, didn't.
Speaker 2: So your mother gave you a stripper.
Speaker 17: Got me a striper. She paid for a stripper to come for my money.
Speaker 2: First what sort of a stripper at your twenty first?
Speaker 19: A male?
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't say that a male stripper?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, well I didn't know. I just asked the questions.
Speaker 17: So my name.
Speaker 2: Was so your mother, how many people did you have there at the birthday party?
Speaker 17: Over one hundred?
Speaker 2: So one hundred of your closest friends. And so your mom says, look for you were a twenty first, there's a stripper coming out. The stripper will arrive around about ten o'clock. And everybody thought, oh, that's a really good idea for a twenty first.
Speaker 17: Oh, she didn't tell anyone. She didn't tell me. She nearly let it slip the day before, but she didn't. I mean, who's that coming down the hallway?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 14: I went duck for cover?
Speaker 2: Who's that coming down the hallway?
Speaker 17: And I worked at the SCG doing AFL matches, Rugby League Grand Final and a Ruby Union test.
Speaker 2: And you had work. Well more importantly, I'm interested, who has one hundred people at their twenty first.
Speaker 17: Oh, we had a like a semi detached house rental. I invited a hundred people and I think they all came fantastic.
Speaker 2: Was there any was there any wine there?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 17: There was lots of alcohol, lots of a thousand bucks of alcohol and a stripper. Well, yeah, Mum bought the stripper. I always meant to get it back and send one to her work, but I never did. And the third topic, what was your third topic?
Speaker 2: I have no idea now. I just chewed him out, Leon.
Speaker 17: I don't remember myself, but.
Speaker 21: Yeah, look, yeah it was.
Speaker 17: It was how I wanted my twenty first to be the traditional at home. And I got glory about some of the stuff I'm still using to this day.
Speaker 2: A little glory box. No good on you. It's always good to talk to you, Lee. And I just wonder how many people had a glory box. I know we had one at home. Sorry, keep hitting that with my glasses, forgive me. We had a glory box. Mum had a glory box. And it was all did you have one of those at home, Jay, with mum and dad? Or do you have one now for the kids. So those early dresses and christening gowns and things, we're all preserved in this thing called a glory box. Glory box.
Speaker 22: Yes, and yeah, my little daughter's got one. She's getting her glory box together.
Speaker 2: It's great and just like all those precious little things. A collection of trinkets and stuff. It's great to see, most of which now ends up on antiques and collectibles, which we'll be here just after two o'clock this morning. Harold hot Memorial Swimming Center public swimming pool complex, located corner of High Street Edgar Street, Melbourne, Australia, Built in the sixties by the Australian architects Ballland and Darryl Jackson, the Great mister Jackson. Yes, swimming Center considered to be the fine example of brutalist architecture. Built in twenty seven as a municipal swimming pool, renovated in sixty seven by Ballander Jackson to accommodate for the highest swimming participation numbers, and named in honor of Prime Minister Harold Holt. There you go. See, I would have thought it was the early seventies, but bang, you're right. The year was nineteen sixty seven. So we just thought we'd asked more about swimming pools. Wherever you are in Victoria, in South Australia, in WA, where were the swimming pools that you went to in those days when you were little. If you didn't go to the beach. And you could talk about the beaches too, because they were a very important and remain a very important part of Australian culture, don't they great beaches around Australia? One double three six' nine three For Australia, overnight good. Morning just ask the question earlier where were? You what were you doing growing? Up presumably the year was nineteen eighty. Six one, here Says Tony mak the. Fandom WHEN i turned twenty, ONE i got the key to the. Door within a WEEK i was shown the. Door how many that? Happened do Thank your third topic was, Yes, lee and you're right about. That that is the, song BUT i want to save it BECAUSE i reckon there'll be a list of, people a list of songs that people will. Nominate BUT i think that is the song that you. Mentioned there is the one that usually leaps into if not, two certainly, One if not, one certainly. Two thanks Arda Arthy overnight wishes For arthur And. David david says thank you to everybody for his birthday. Wishes hope you had a fantastic, Day. David what else did we have to cover?
Speaker 22: Off?
Speaker 2: Oh this is an interesting, One, Gaday tony had just turned twenty with this is in eighty six and just turned twenty, one lived In briah. Close my job was it says here to Admire. Chadston i'm thinking that should Be my first job was At Meyer chadston in the display department to good on, you thank you for. That, yeah the, old the Old chadsten shopping. Center got a fantastic email Which i'll read to you a bit later on about how the history of That chagston shopping, center who started, it and then how Mister gandell then eventually took it and just turned it into what it is. Today extraordinary email was. Fantastic pete, Morning.
Speaker 23: Tony here you going?
Speaker 2: Mate, well thank?
Speaker 12: You, yeah.
Speaker 11: That corner that call are two or three calls and saying that she had a male sugar for a twenty. First was that?
Speaker 24: Correct?
Speaker 2: Yes that. Was that was a great friendly and a mail stripper at the twenty.
Speaker 8: First i'm my father of a daughter and brother of a.
Speaker 25: SISTER i don't think i'll be heavy sugar for baugh twenty. FIRST i had him on for it twenty.
Speaker 15: First, NO i don't think i'll cut.
Speaker 25: DOWN i don't think i'll go down with dear old.
Speaker 26: MAN i Were god's.
Speaker 2: FUNNY i mean times changed. IT i get, it and every family is going to be a little bit. Different BUT i don't know that it would have even occurred to me If i'd said To mum and, Dad dad And, mum back of the day for my twenty first, listen round about ten, o'clock if you think we could have we'll have a little bit of. Wine we might have some. Bubbles and that was risky enough in. Itself and then around about ten, o'clock if you could just arrange for a stripper to, arrive that would be really.
Speaker 8: Good one more thing about the public.
Speaker 27: POOL i let us go to a public pool that always say the quorum wasn't, Ruskin and the Thing i'll say was.
Speaker 2: Movie but we'll let you go because AGAIN i don't know what happens sometimes when you get on the, Phone i'm, Sorry, perte the phone just gets really. Jonky look at and we talk about that chlorine there was really. Interesting there was a. Day you don't get it quite as, Much. Ulyssa i've got wrong in my head about that chlorine had this really strong and even when you got out of the, pool you were walking home or getting the tram home or whatever you might have been. Doing still your body still reaped of. Chlorine, pete thank. You i'm, sorry we just get that dodgy. Line i'm not too sure. Why roman In adelaide, Morning raymond will come back to. You margaret's In. Perth good, Morning, margaret good, evening, morning good evening to.
Speaker 28: You two.
Speaker 19: Things nineteen eighty.
Speaker 26: Six my son was.
Speaker 29: Born eighty, six so, excellent and he would be thirty, nine.
Speaker 2: So the forty is coming up next year and still well and happy and. Safe what's he doing in?
Speaker 19: Life he's a chef and he's gone up to a new job in The Northern territory.
Speaker 2: Soon so fantastic and still as a as a.
Speaker 8: Chef, yes he loves.
Speaker 2: It and been working around The perth area.
Speaker 19: Or mostly, no up in the pool broo and.
Speaker 30: Stuff he.
Speaker 19: Used to. Work he used to work In perth lot but now he went up to the pilbur and stuff and.
Speaker 2: He's, no this is my home good only he loves it up through there and working with one of the mining Firm's margaret over the years.
Speaker 19: Or not or just no, no, no, no not, no just oh he's been in a pub And Coral bay and, different just different places of.
Speaker 2: There how beautiful Is Coral bay mag?
Speaker 19: Exactly but the other THING i was going to RING i was to talk about was swimming Pools. Now WHEN i was about to make my mind four five, SIX i my sister AND i went to swimming lessons in.
Speaker 9: Could you?
Speaker 2: Bars, oh couldie? Bars? Now margaret just explain for people that have not been to W a so could?
Speaker 12: Yous was that.
Speaker 2: Was LinkedIn very? Much tell me If i'm wrong about that was linked into the. Water The it wasn't, indoor was. It it was an outdoor linked in to the to the, Ocean indian.
Speaker 19: Ocean remember you're getting?
Speaker 8: Confused AM i w a is?
Speaker 2: COO i beg your, Pardon cougie, sorry.
Speaker 8: Could you Couldie?
Speaker 19: SYDNEY i beg your.
Speaker 2: Pardon i'm sorry BECAUSE i.
Speaker 19: Lived you, know that's where we, lived in a place Called, mattreville right where The Yellow brothers came. From AND i will SAY i was ABOUT i don't know five six or four five. SIX i FELT i was very Talk my sister was four years older than, me and we as far you, know like you think about it as a little tiny.
Speaker 2: Kid, sure.
Speaker 19: We had to get up at something like four or five o'clock in the. Morning god alone knows what time.
Speaker 31: It really was.
Speaker 19: To catch the bus to go To Kulji baths for swimming.
Speaker 2: Lessons swimming, lessons even as a four or five year.
Speaker 10: Old, WELL i, MEAN i don't, KNOW i don't.
Speaker 19: KNOW i was probably older than, that BUT i just BECAUSE i hated it because it was ocean. Barb, yeah you, know we're you're gonna have the ocean the rock pool.
Speaker 2: Bars, yes of, course beautiful down.
Speaker 19: There it was beautiful, now but when you're a little kid who can't stand, up.
Speaker 2: Was a bit.
Speaker 29: Overwhelming it was very Over but NOW i look back AND i, Think, God, LANE i don't know how OLD i, was BUT i think of, it AND i can remember my sister.
Speaker 8: AND i as she AS i, say she's four years older than.
Speaker 19: Me we caught the bucks by.
Speaker 8: Ourselves, no you know who could do that these?
Speaker 15: Days?
Speaker 2: No, Really and so we're talking, what presumably with great, respect made probably what the, sixties late, sixties.
Speaker 19: SEVEN i, think excuse, me maybe a little bit, earlier maybe the mid sink mid, sixties mid.
Speaker 2: Fifties and so you'd get on a bus very early in the morning with a slightly older sister four years at that time of the, morning just to get there for a swimming.
Speaker 19: Lesson, Yeah i'm sure it wasn't four, o'clock but you know it was very early in the. Morning you, know you, think, OH i, stuck And i'm, like, OH i want to stay.
Speaker 2: In, bed and, OH i, Know, margaret that's a great story and thank you for sharing her with. Us it was the same thing being an older, boy Said michael's In, ashburton FOR i don't know a couple of, years probably two or three, years and maybe not even that AS i think about. It ladder and for whatever, reason the great late Father bob McGuire would often do the rosters in those days when he was the co chair and so he would rosty you on at least once a week for the early morning mass on A thursday morning when they did masses at six o'clock in the, morning and so you'd have to set the. Alarm might have been a, bit might have been six to the come, in but it was very very, early and so you'd have to set the alarm on these freezing cold winter, mornings get on the bike just to get to Said michael's Up I, street freezing cold just to do a. Mass in those days it went for about forty minutes and you'd be out again and ride home, poor and you, thought getting up at that time of the, MORNING wtf?
Speaker 21: For?
Speaker 2: Really look at? That will? This do you want to do a quick? Break is that the? Plant? Thanks, jay beds are? Burning you'r the Voice, DAVID a couple of great. Songs you're right you are where there was a swimming pool at The Daily. Planet OH i, didn't but thank you for that, Information, graham something we all needed to. Know great to have your company on This, Wednesday wednesday twenty, eighth although not quite there yet for wa, listeners humble, apologies but you, know don't?
Speaker 32: You you know who you?
Speaker 2: Are overnights AT threeaw dot com dot au where you can send an email overnights AT threeaw dot com dot. Au one in particular came in late. Yesterday hey You tony macin, Crew, Hope paul is. WELL i met up with the Great george De. Nikian we spoke To george on the program yesterday when he Visited. Cypress so he's already told you all about the fans you have over. Here isn't this? Great you're pretty popular over there In. Cyprus, jay did you realize that In Cypress? Cyprus? WOW i just wanted to say good, Day keep up the good work for us expat staying in touch is very important and certainly three aw The Australia Overnight program is literally the best way to do. This love all the, segments especially ones Including Caro Lee They Love Cara, Lee yasel and end Of. Brady happy to chat anytime during the program if that's possible to do so over the. App i'm not too sure you can do it through the. APP i think it's still going to be a phone. Call and that new, song that song intro is, amazing even if it is a year it's a clever, piece isn't. It we're most grateful For david And Glen waverley who put all that together for, me which is just. LOVELY i was a lazy swimmer and excelled in the rest stroke and the slack. Stroke thank, You. FANTOMMAN i think we got you back. There hello.
Speaker 20: Or?
Speaker 2: Not maxie? Disappeared, Maxie good morning In. Greensboro maxi's In. Greensburry good morning to.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 33: OH a fantastic, THING a strange thing with pretty inf and you seen a Song pleasure In Pain.
Speaker 2: It's it is a fantastic. PIECE i agree with.
Speaker 13: You it's.
Speaker 8: Wonderful we have to see soon.
Speaker 2: Too you wonder What chrissy could have done as a. Performer as an, artist you would have just got better and better and.
Speaker 8: Better, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a nice. Memory. Max thank you and keep in touch with the. Program. MAX i always appreciate when you send the little messages. Through it's very. Kind In Brawny chris, Morning.
Speaker 11: I've never heard of that day to planning on top of the after week. Station don't know.
Speaker 2: Nothing about, it no, either DO i good on?
Speaker 11: You BUT i did used to walk from Foot Spats station all the way Down Saint Jordan, road a few friends at The Victoria Army barracks and then go To Eden square and in nineteen eighty THREE i should never admit to, THIS i will, say a professional business of, course at one Hundred Johnson street on the same night as at the same evening as The Hollow street.
Speaker 2: Massacre it was a dreadful, time wasn't.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 11: Yeah it was later referred to as C Countly. Ladies but that's another. Story on another. Day in a private folk ll at nineteen eighty, SIX i, WORKED i got back to the. FAMILY i am in Broad, birst not too far away from WHERE i am now with mom and dad and. That And i'm one of Eight Teddy. Bears so if you have trouble but number, me there's another or another sixth save where my sister died last. Year, YES i went at the biscuit BAKERY i think on a regal street Of Blair street there in the toilet ship between four pm and twelve and the truck.
Speaker 2: Dies what was it? Called did you say the Bisco.
Speaker 11: Yeah they used to MAKE i had some, today some Viny. Brits. Yeah remember the chicken in a, biscuit Crispy bason.
Speaker 2: Chicken in a, Biscuit, yes Bit.
Speaker 11: AND i, said they Made joseph a couple of you might roll up the next few days in the taxi for. Coffee used to work. There you were on the biscuit or or cereal. Line tie was loaded the big carts of the multi boxes inside on the trucks and when you're laid on the back of the. Tuck we had the traditional. Biscuit the biscuit. Trucks they were creamy yellow pale yellow color with The rosella or what it was on the, side and you would start from the back and leave about an inchnet each inch and a half gap between each line of, boxes so there had to be a bit of gip when the trucks were in. Rows so they would leave four thirty, five five thirty in one or so and they go all the way up The Warnable milder and of course all the Bt pole and supermarkets. There but IF i could finish, BY i would like. To my new support were all roll up later this week and sooner ago we go To Newport row and SO i want to get on an Old drentler and just remember those fantastic TIMES i had in the early, days real good seats opening the door on the, window and they even had an astraight on.
Speaker 2: Them they, Did and you'd have to search what was a smoking? Carriage the next one to be a smoking, carriage the next one to be a non smoking.
Speaker 11: Carriage, yeah they had, six say when they had six carris they might have only been three very early, days but six. Carries five of them were, smokers one was non.
Speaker 2: Smoking, yeah it was predominantly for.
Speaker 11: Smokers, yeah, Yeah, YEAH i had an now and a half ago from this phone. CALL i had that normal slide eleven, slide, windows three, doors laundry front and glass slide and order the back out So i'll get a bit stuff And i've started smoking inside.
Speaker 2: Again, Chris chris.
Speaker 11: In two, cases stay, safe, bugs a very dangerous.
Speaker 2: World it, Is, NO i get it. IS i don't disagree with. YOU a lot of people feel that.
Speaker 15: Way.
Speaker 2: Sadly good on your Co, james and then late, Morning, Yeah John fogy today is, eighty the Great John fogundy. Eighty.
Speaker 25: YES i KNOW i wasn't going to say say it when you started your shape BECAUSE i knew exactly when you said, EIGHT i knew exactly it. WAS i wasn't going to give it, away but it. Is, yeah one of my favorite.
Speaker 23: Singers what was The what was the?
Speaker 2: Album what was the? Album do you reckon? That for which they became so famous that everybody you, know it's all the zillion copies?
Speaker 25: Album you stunt me on that, one, Mate i'm not too.
Speaker 31: Good on the.
Speaker 2: Album the initial was C F C y no, Somebody, Yeah.
Speaker 23: Now WHAT i really?
Speaker 25: Want this will Upset Kylie. Minogue she, TURNS i think she.
Speaker 2: Does she's a birthday. Go the highest selling Female australian artist of all time is Our. Kylie but there's only one.
Speaker 25: Thing tony like a song that upsets Of kylie man. Thing she did the commotion and she did that song in justice Make you can't beat little, either. Mate that's just my opinion and a lot of other people's. Opinions would you agree or? Disagree?
Speaker 2: Oh you, Know i've had this conversation With Billy pidell over the. Years each one is. Different they are what they are at the. Time you can look at some of the great songs that have been duplicated by other singers and you, go is it as good as the? Original is it different to the? Original all of the above. Comparisons people will always have their preference and that's good as. Well james got to love you and leave. You thank. You it's always good to chat. With look at the year nineteen eighty? Six where were? You what were you? Doing who are you living? With nineteen eighty? Six figure for all the, Text, Yes Cosmos, Factory Cosmos, factory what an? Album we've got to play a track From cosmo's Track factory a bit later. On it's all part Of Australia. Overnight hello to you, now.
Speaker 34: This Is Australia overen eight With tony McManus.
Speaker 2: Gaglay wherever you are right Across australia For Australia. Overnight nice to have your. Company we've been talking about. That lots of things we'll get back to call us An in just a TICK i mentioned That John fogerty is eighty, today lead singer Vocalist. Muzo of course the Great credence Clear Water REVIVAL. Ccr we love. Them and when you think about those songs of late sixty sixty nine With Proud mary and then the recording of one of the most defining albums in many many ways was the Album Cosmos, factory and you look at the playlist of those songs and each song pretty much you will know they still get a lot of airplay individually in the great music. Stations ramble, tamble before you accuse, me take a look at, yourself water track travel and Band oubi doobie looking out my back, door run through the, Jungle up around The. Bend i'll get rid of. That, SORRY i ticked it on and came up with the. System, Sorry up around The. Bend my baby left, me the Classic Who'll stop The, rain The WONDERFUL i heard it through the, grapevine and the classic long AS i can see the Light Happy, Birthday John john's focus.
Speaker 1: Eighty what a camel in wisdow.
Speaker 22: THAT i.
Speaker 1: Feel i've got the. Wood i'm, Gone god.
Speaker 35: Im long AS i can see the, last pack my bag and, yskey Because i'm bound on the.
Speaker 1: Drip i'm, God, god you don't have to.
Speaker 36: Flood long AS i see the last Guess i've got little rivers and got a feel female. Alone BUT i, wow, wow.
Speaker 3: No, waste, no not long AS i.
Speaker 7: See, yeah, yeah, yeah well, yeah.
Speaker 1: What a candle in the.
Speaker 37: Window BUT i Hear i've got To, Oh I'm, God, God i'm becoming on com.
Speaker 1: Long AS i see is that?
Speaker 15: Long is that.
Speaker 2: From a fantastic thing at the? Time and he's so young then he's eighty, today the Greater John. Fergut they've had the highs and, lows with the disputes over the years with the, band and even when he Solo. Korea it, Never i'm going to, say never quite got to the same heights as they did as a. Credence but what an. Outfit the classic SONG a Proud mary and that. ONE i just think it is a beautiful, song long AS i can see the. Light put a candle at the. Window just great. Lyrics jeffy And lade.
Speaker 1: Morning good morning to you, Too.
Speaker 23: Jeff you want to get a, thrill listen to Him bruce in his group and doing pretty.
Speaker 2: Warm, Yeah i've seen it not long. Ago, REALLY i had a look at it and it comes up for some, reason comes into the feed and you think of the two of them, Together what an extraordinary piece that.
Speaker 38: Was.
Speaker 23: Yep but before, then many years, ago AND i can't remember how long it, was he was With kerry O'Brien on his, own just an acoustic and they had a bit of a chat and then he played one of the big ones AND i cannot remember which. One it was so long, ago back in the, EIGHTIES i. Suppose but, hell he doesn't need a group belong.
Speaker 2: Him, No AND i never saw. Him i've never seen him, play BUT i know he did a lot of The there was a time during the early two. Thousands my recollection is he did quite a few shows Around, australia many of which were in when it was really cool and trendy to do wineries and things so you would do that as a solo.
Speaker 23: Act, yeah, well having heard him one of The, barcans it was just he did not need. Anybody, no it was just.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal but it's, always it's, always, REALLY i mean you AND i that Perhaps jeff that followed music and many in this audience that love music coming up through the fifty, sixty seventies and. Eighties and then you read that those people had these almost disputes inside their. Organizations sting had. It sting talks about in the PODCAST i was listening to a couple of days, ago and then that dispute with. Credence you imagine what they could have done had they been able to hold it, together like Certainly Bruce springsteen's being able to do with his band and bad members over many many, years or certainly The Rolling stones that have had high and, lows and certain different people come in and leave and die sadly these, days but the nucleus has been, there and you often wonder what it takes to split them. Up AND i, guess for various reasons well and truly, documented.
Speaker 23: He couldn't have gone any higher than one position because the beetles knocked him off beating the number, one three or four tracks in a. ROW i don't if you remember.
Speaker 2: That that would have been what in the very early, seventies even though The beatles were on their way down well and truly by, then weren't.
Speaker 23: They oh, no, no The medals were still going.
Speaker 2: Strong that's how long ago in nineteen seventy, oh.
Speaker 23: Before The meddles Went Psycher.
Speaker 2: Melik That Cosmos factory album was released in sixty. Nine they Did Proud mary in nineteen sixty, nine but That Cosmos factory ALBUM i think was released In i'm just going to make SURE i get that. Right Maybe i've got that, wrong But i'm going to say it was around about seventy seventy, one nineteen seventy For Cosmos.
Speaker 23: Factory, WELL i, knows at LEAST i.
Speaker 15: THINK i.
Speaker 23: Know it's so long. Ago i'm not, sure But i'm sure it was the first three or four tracks.
Speaker 26: They made it to number.
Speaker 23: TWO i never got to number. One The beatles knock them. Off there were three or four times in a.
Speaker 2: Row it was really it was going to be always very hard to beat The beatles in that late, sixties you, know for anything they, did because even if it wasn't particularly fantastic and ninety nine, percent but it was. Fantastic it was going to go hard in the charts to get you, know and get the same level of airplay and because The beatles were still going along. Beautifully good on Your, jeff thank you for. That leo on the? Road where are you In?
Speaker 39: Mickleham, YES i had a drop off there And i'll tell you. What i've been there a couple of. Times and it's a surprising. Areas it's actually growing quite.
Speaker 2: Quickly australia that don't know Exactly michelam is. Weird.
Speaker 39: Leo, okay you part through the airport eventually do a left From, sunbury so it's up By. Sunbury but it's we've got that's a new area and it's growing really really, fast and, think, yeah it's a nice. AREA i, Mean i'm. Surprised how nice is it. Is it's been it's well looked. DESIGNED i think it's going to be an upcoming suburb very, shortly.
Speaker 2: So not as far out as mass did it of, course, no, no, no.
Speaker 39: No way before it's about say thirty outcome a clamus from the. Airport twenty thirty comes from the airport at the other, side, yes, yes but again not quite a sort of right to the left of.
Speaker 2: Summary so The mickelum post office opened in the first Of february and eighteen sixty two and then closed in nineteen sixty. Seven to the west, locally The Conde gata office open in nineteen. Thirty settlement took place At Deep creek but closed in Twenty so it's a really interesting area through, there isn't. It currently seven estates under development through their plans of, housing, schools, childcare huge city, center business, Park Donnybrook road Between Mickelham road and The Hume freeway.
Speaker 8: Exactly there you.
Speaker 24: GO a good area to get especially for a new.
Speaker 39: HOME i would recommend it seriously Because i've been there a few times And i've been quite.
Speaker 2: Surprised what else is on the road There this, Morning, leo it's fairly.
Speaker 39: Quiet BUT i mean it's a, winter it's, raining and plus It's tuesday. Night not many people go Out tuesday. Nights but, yeah it's Been. YEAH i picked up this couple from the it was at the. Hospital then they have been there since five. Pm they're finally going. Home that's HOW i got To.
Speaker 13: Nicklam so.
Speaker 2: So they've been, there they've been in the seven hours in the hospital. Exactly all, right good to talk to. You stay. Safe it's nice to have a bit of, Rain. Leo probably haven't had enough really where it's desperately so desperately needed In victoria and certainly parts Of South australia as. Well so you see those reports now on the news last night which you would have, noticed no. Doubt it's really. Sad and then you've got the extreme conditions in parts Of New South wales well and truly, documented where they're also, devastated some of those beautiful milking, cows you, know and they're going to have to be sold off for you, know for you, know to be turned into beautiful, chops well not, chops into. Beef it's such a difficult time for the farming, sector isn't. It well we'll do, This, jay and when we come, back plenty of time for your. Calls jim's, There, helen you can join us as. Well one double three six nine three if you're sending a, message AND i Promise i'll get to as many AS i can on the other side of this zero four double seven six nine three six nine. Three that's the text. Line astraighta, overnight just Watching His majesty give a what they refer to as a speech from the, throne which is is, funny is? It what are you going to? Do i'm gonna give a speech from the. Throne and when you think of, us think about, it how many of us have never really given a speech from the throne just makes me. Laugh my daughter took her two little, Boys tony back To paris just Before. Christmas they were looking for somewhere to. Eat eleven cafes allowed smokers, inside and she said to the, kids we'll have to eat at the. Hotel someone in fact heard her mention the. Smoking he approached her and, Said i'm on my way to work and we don't allow, smoking and our menu is In. English they ate every meal of that cafe while they stayed In. Paris thank, You, Jen what a good yarn that. IS i, know the idea of now going into a cafe and or a restaurant and have people around you smoking seems completely, foreign, bizarre, almost doesn't. It jimmy And, warnable good. Morning are they loud and? Clear?
Speaker 24: Jimmy oh, yeah, yeah, yeah it's better now you're just talking about the, Cigarette.
Speaker 2: Better than What, jimmy.
Speaker 30: What's that you?
Speaker 2: Said it's better?
Speaker 24: Now, yeah there's sudden.
Speaker 18: Round.
Speaker 24: Yeah how you get mucking your?
Speaker 8: Ease do?
Speaker 2: You you had back on the plaque on the, pluck so.
Speaker 24: You just maybe you draw the right way and it clears it up for a, minute you can hear Probably.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 24: Yeah have you ever smelt fringe? Cigarettes?
Speaker 2: Oh they were it starts with jesu or.
Speaker 15: Gar, yeah.
Speaker 22: That was so, potent, vile vile and.
Speaker 24: That, YEAH i am did you, Say, dennis well BEFORE i get onto, that WHICH i THOUGHT i heard you say BEFORE i heard you say before about that held a whole memorial, pool. Yep now the irony of.
Speaker 2: It, yeah it's just it was a weird thing really when you think about, it that he went missing down a portsy allegedly, drowned although some say it was a submarine that came in The. Chinese, yeah blame. Somebody, however and then and then his name was used for this beautiful swimming still known as The Herald Wholt Memorial Swimming.
Speaker 24: Pool it's like the Accident Appreciation squad a little bit used to investigate the fatal. Accidence then they un till they renamed.
Speaker 2: It it's the.
Speaker 24: Accident that was irony, too Wouldn't, YEAH i mean.
Speaker 2: Weird when you think about, it some of those strange, names when you could probably do a whole program just on strange names of various organizations over the. YEARS i THOUGHT i heard.
Speaker 24: You say, Before Dennis wilder earlier on that you're going to talk about greyhound, tracks.
Speaker 2: Greyhound, tracks because fascinating greyhound. TRACKS i had written down a greyhound track because because because why what DID i see about? Greyhounds the, FIRST i think it, was the very first greyhound track meeting was held on this day in nineteen twenty. Seven where would you imagine that may have?
Speaker 24: BEEN i would Say england Or ireland because he's Called.
Speaker 2: Coursing, no very first greyhound track meeting In australia are In.
Speaker 24: Australia, yeah god, knows could be.
Speaker 2: Anywhetter it Was Harold, park but it wasn't known As Hall park in those. Days it was called The Epping Racecourse Epping racecourse and then Became Harold park and the year was nineteen twenty.
Speaker 24: Seven have you ever seen film of greyhounds riding The i'm, sorry of monkeys riding the? Greyhound, no you'll get a food out of.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 24: Really claire was before made, clear started going on about greyhounds or greyhound checks one night AND i rang him up and, said you ever seen that he? Was he was morey was sitting there with his mouth open and then in this leaf type of. Thing and THEN i thoroughly researched.
Speaker 40: It and.
Speaker 24: There's film of them and going over the hurdles and, everything and the old block next door even and, say used to have them at The Melbourne show running around the.
Speaker 2: Showgroundhounds, Yeah i'm just looking at some pictures now racing on the backs of, dogs the banana da and monkeys racing on the back of. Dogs isn't that? Incredible look at those. Pictures where are they? Taken In, Galveston?
Speaker 24: Texas and APPARENTLY i read a couple of articles and it made mention in the articles that some of the greyhounds knew what winning meant to, like and they were that keen on. Winning they did is their tails to flog the gray.
Speaker 41: Hounds he, said, right, yeah well, yeah, oh the puppy dogs are like. That, yeah they've all got to be first and all. That of, course And jack the cat camel was the only puppy Dog jack will let walk down and go through the side gate in front Of well The. Ohse he gives him the swing because he's got to go through the gate first Of.
Speaker 16: Jack The.
Speaker 24: Cat, YEAH i love.
Speaker 2: That jack, fantastic always good to. Check thank, You. Helen, Morning.
Speaker 31: Hello.
Speaker 20: Helen we're talking about people's favorite Ever australian.
Speaker 2: Song, yes we were. SO i, said what would you if you had? To if you're putting together the list if you like, it not so much, favorite but what you imagine is often considered to be the Best australian song rock, song perhaps of all.
Speaker 20: Time well time is one that most people won't know and it goes back to nineteen sixty. Six the group was The Loved ones and the song is the Loved. One it is a Great Jerry Humphries.
Speaker 2: Humphreys what a stroke of Genius The.
Speaker 20: Loved one didn't know till recently that In excess did a version of it.
Speaker 2: Too they did a great version of.
Speaker 20: IT i felt really pleased that they liked it enough to record.
Speaker 2: It, yeah one of the it would be in the top certainly in the top, ten maybe fifteen Songs Great australian songs would be that particular.
Speaker 20: TRACK i just felt Like Jerry humphrey's never got the fame that he. DESERVED i don't know that good In england apparently a good.
Speaker 2: Point we'll look it up in just a, Moment Jerry. Humphreys as to when did he leave? Us Jerry humphreys will find that at the moment when we come. Back but you're, right and we might even play a bit of.
Speaker 20: That, yeah, anyway, LISTENING i think you're nice to.
Speaker 2: Talk thank you for being part of. It the Loved ones are Live the Loved Ones. Australia that was the name of the. Band Loved One's australian rock, band formed in nineteen sixty five In, Melbourne, yay following The british. Invasion Gavin anderson on, Drums Ian klein and the Great Jerry humphreys on. Vocal and then of course he, died is that? Right so he. Died he was only sixty two and he died In, london nineteen sixty. Two what year did he? Die to say what year he, died doesn't we can tell, you Though i'm sure it'll be there to say what year it? Was two thousand was the two thousand that he passed? Away loved ones was. Shown, no that's the wrong. Date there didn't say what day he. Died Jerry humphreys still don't. Say you got all the sicilians of, information but not the year that he left to sixty Five, melbourne allowing The british. Invasion the line up of all those great. People the signature song The Love one reached number two in The singles chart and was later covered by In excess selected the number six and number. Six we'll. SEE i said top, ten but thought it might have just gone out of the top. Ten Australian Performing Rights association list of top thirty songs comes in the number. Six there you. Go we'll do this when we come. Back, one, double, three, six nine, three your. Calls it's all part Of australia over and a good, morning boons announced quiz coming up in just a, Moment. Adelaide look at. This we're talking about swimming, pools the great swimming pools right Across. Australia And maggie drops the lines is back in the nineteen hundred swimming pool at The Gilberton Oliver torrens and then moved to the city. Bars just Dear Parliament house now well and truly. History, maggie thank you for that good e tone And jay best song rock and. ROLL i gave you the best years of my. Life Kevin, johnson what a, TRACK a beautiful. Song Thanks liz In, Adelaide good, Morning tony Mack tix's only down there in warn Am. Bull the year was nineteen eighty. Six you were talking about what you were. Doing where were you're living in nineteen eighty, six living In East? MALVERN a one bedroom? Flat how much would you expect to pay? Now, Jay i'll throw this open to. You nineteen eighty, six one bedroom, Flat East. Malven how much per? Week one, bedroom one, bedroom all, Pace maulven of about one hundred and fifty dollars forty dollars a? Week forty dollars a week Times i've changed living In East malven beautiful place of, course and then forty dollars a week the third of my four year teaching degree eighty. Six taught Secondary english for thirty six. Years in the blink of an, Eye i'm now using up long. Service live to, Retirement Tony. Wilder you In, Warnabule sam In, hastings good. Morning WHENEVER i come home from the, Pool my late cat would jump up on the cat host to welcome me, home then would suckle my. HAIR i think you liked the smell of the. Chlorine there you. Go cats love chlorine, apparently or do they good on your Sam thanks for that little piece of. Information ladies and, Gentlemen welcome to the Vern Announcers.
Speaker 14: Quiz, Well, tony.
Speaker 2: Hang on a, SECOND i thought we had a musical. Introduction it's not. Working Apparently.
Speaker 14: I've got. It, well there's an old steam train just going.
Speaker 2: Fast, oh very, good, excellent, Excellent, Tony.
Speaker 14: Pat's got, Sixteen you've got. Sixteen Paul dennis only got four signs on.
Speaker 12: Six Now i'm going to give you a.
Speaker 31: Pick you can go for.
Speaker 14: You can go for cars, names or or you can go for.
Speaker 42: A.
Speaker 2: Dog let's go cars. Names ladies and, gentlemen you've covered a great. Time if you would like to join, in you can to be part of the announcer quiz With verna To. Rogan this has got starting to get a bit of a cult. Following have we got the opening theme?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 22: Jay not the same as, Yesterday but let's go with this.
Speaker 2: One, Okay here is an opening theme for The Burn. Quiz ladies and gentlemen that the world go burn announcers, Quiz, ok here we, go question number, one vern.
Speaker 8: It's, either.
Speaker 31: Et.
Speaker 20: Cetera the first.
Speaker 8: The car name was THE.
Speaker 14: A it was Actually, no it's gonna be a little bit.
Speaker 2: Hard, No i'm going to, Say, Austin, oh why were you? Surprised why were you surprised by that? ANSWER?
Speaker 16: U B.
Speaker 2: B i'll go there's a, couple But i'll go only Because i've wanted one SINCE i was about Eight. Bentley uh.
Speaker 14: See.
Speaker 2: Chrystler.
Speaker 14: Uh it can be the name of the car or the, make it doesn't.
Speaker 15: Matter now we go on for D Ye.
Speaker 2: Daimler we're going to go through the whole alpha.
Speaker 14: Bit, uh, well what's you going to? Get you're going to get half a point for each one of.
Speaker 2: Them hang, on you're changing the rules mid, week, midway.
Speaker 43: You.
Speaker 14: Will you can't go too far.
Speaker 9: Ahead it's going to be bringing.
Speaker 2: Out i'm gonna work just as hard for less money as what you're.
Speaker 14: Saying, yeah, well, anyway next, One, no.
Speaker 2: We already did D. Daimler oh, yeah next, One, no we did we do?
Speaker 14: It you haven't done?
Speaker 2: Yet all, Right i'll go cast starting WITH E E a cast starting WITH. E oh, NO i can't think of. One isn't that? Awful i'm not too sure that there is one car starting with, no no? Answer have you got?
Speaker 14: One, yeah But i'm not going to tell.
Speaker 23: You the next one f.
Speaker 2: Ford that.
Speaker 8: Next one G.
Speaker 2: U g would be.
Speaker 44: G uh.
Speaker 2: Well can we use it like a sub a sub, Name So i'm going to say The, golf The Volkswagen. Golf can we can we go back TO? E? Now, well The, unos thank, You, rob The unos or the or The elphin sports, car which is.
Speaker 41: He was.
Speaker 14: Called The echo all?
Speaker 2: Right the little it was too a Little Toyota. Eco, yeah Little Toyota. Eco how do you?
Speaker 20: Do?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 14: Uh next, one.
Speaker 2: H h a motor car that starts WITH h would Be horse And Cart No honda.
Speaker 14: H H I.
Speaker 31: I, No i'm going to SKIP i thank You.
Speaker 2: Jay, WELL i was going to Say, isuzu although we skipped it. Right next one J jay would be the very Popular, jensen Beautiful british, Car Brander. Jensen next, One, Kay, okay.
Speaker 31: What was This.
Speaker 2: KIA L it's going on very. Long we're going have to move through the entire alpha. Bit i'm starting to get a. Headache uh, well i'll. Go probably the most famous one of recent years would Be lexus one, more one, more and, more wrap it.
Speaker 14: Up this is the last, one, please and you'll pick this one.
Speaker 45: Easily which, One, well there's a, couple but probably because they actually really created the car at the front end would Be.
Speaker 2: Mercedes, well SO i, Reckon i've just added at Least i'm thinking at least eight or ten to my. Lists, twelve So i've. Rocked i've rocked right.
Speaker 14: Along, thirteen you've got, Yourself you've got, Yourself, thursdeen you've got.
Speaker 2: Yourself six and a. Half let's. Go let's let's. Go let me because of the, effort let's call it.
Speaker 14: Six, okay well we've got it Because patty doesn't come on very. Often so, yeah that sounds pretty.
Speaker 12: Fair.
Speaker 2: Okay so at this, stage at this stage on my, head it is. Amazing thank. You so we could have had The, morris we could have had The, mini we could have a, limousine we could have had the, hummer nothing like a. Hummer we could have had, gelopoli jelopoi GELOPPY i think was the, word wasn't. It it's court, ever so thank you for all those people that are texting Through. Vern that was a bit of fun that ladies and. Gentlemen may be the Final Vern Announcer, quiz hopefully. Not hopefully we'll have another. One thank You, vern good. Fun if you'd like to join the, program, mate you can do. That we'll go back to calls one double three six nine three text zero four doubles my career going zero four double seven six nine three six nine three and for our great listeners In, Perth hello to. You one double three eight eighty two For Australia overnight Stress Free. Experience wouldn't we all like a stress free? Experience one double three six nine three is if if you'd like to Join Australia. Overnight coming up in the next, hour looking forward to it Is antiques And. Collectibles Rick milne will be. Here so when you think about, that what's in your, cupboard what's in the third draw, down what's sitting on top of the, wardrobe what have you got in top of the roofline in the, ceiling what have you got tucked? Away come and join us in the next hour With Rick. Milton it's always a bit of fun and don't leave it to the last moment With, rick because what happen An indian memory. Week we say come and join, us and it gets a bit quiet in for the first half, hour and then ten minutes before we knock. Off we've got a full. Board we don't get to them. All SO i jump on. Board if you've got something that you think is a little, precious a little interesting to share with the. Audience it, doesn't by the, way doesn't need to be for. Sale can be just a talking, item something that you've probably cherished for many a, year something you've. Cherished it could be an old girlfriend just watching the interesting the fact That King charles deeply shocked over The liverpool. Incident he's given a speech to The Canadian, parliament AND i noticed he's Wearing, katholics as you would imagine His majesty Would. Katholics AND i just said To, jay do you own a? Pair have you ever Worn? Katholics? No, Sorry, tony never never worn a pair Of, katholics never worn a pair Of. Coos is anyone your father?
Speaker 22: Had father had, Them, yes my grandfather had.
Speaker 2: Them but you've never, said, oh by, myself a nice pair Of. Coutholics no rag cufflings for. Me things No. KATHOLICS i wonder if there's anybody listening right now that either did wear and still continues to wear when dressing up and going out for, blokes a lovely pair of. Cufflinks and where would you buy kaflings, now really smart. Kufflics do you Buy maya or do you go to one of the great men's wear. STORES i don't, Know Sandra ring went morning.
Speaker 46: MORNING i don't wear, cufflinks, no, No but WHEN i go to the, opera you, KNOW i like to dress.
Speaker 31: Up but.
Speaker 2: That's still well and truly a thing when you go to those beautiful opera shows that YOU i.
Speaker 46: Do but STILL i find that some people don't don't get dressed, up and GET i get a bit, Disappointed but you, know it's just just an occasion WHERE i like to look like. Best you, know it's just just a tradition with.
Speaker 2: ME i GUESS i think there was a thing about even when you went to, theater certainly very early days of going to the, cinema you would make an effort to get dressed up to, go especially in the, evening maybe not so much during you, know for a, matinee how many people get dressed for.
Speaker 46: Anee my mom tells, me you know when when it was a real, occasion like when when they were, kids you, know when they went to it like hearing the, DEPRESSION i, mean you, know because they couldn't really afford to go out a, lot but when they went to the cinema and things like, that it was a real. Occasion so they got really dressed up in their, fineness you, know and went and you, know like and when they went to, church they got they got dressed up and put on the current beautiful clothes and wore hats and. Everything but all that's, think, well it's changed, now and it's a bit, disappointing well a.
Speaker 2: LITTLE i, mean we live in a more casual, ENVIRONMENT i, suppose and you can still you can. Wear in, fact there was something in the, PAPER i think over the weekend and they made the distinctions in the paper between getting very dressed, up you, know like a formal black tie as opposed to very smart but casual. Wear and the INCLINATION i think for many of us now is to have you, know still, smart tidy or casual as opposed to you, KNOW i remember back at the early, days there's a three ba in ballet i'd often wear a.
Speaker 8: Suit, yeah well that's, right But.
Speaker 2: I'm no longer going to wear a suit at three o'clock in the. Morning let me tell.
Speaker 46: YOU i think it's a bit disappointing if, somebody like somebody wears to the to the, opera wears a pair of jeans with the news.
Speaker 2: Coat and things like, that well they might be a bit too cool for, school, Really, SANDRA i think so it's too cool for.
Speaker 46: School Maybe i'm sounding a bit like a, snob BUT i just draw the line at that a.
Speaker 2: Bit, WELL i, mean you are you are what you wear in many many, ways aren't.
Speaker 46: You, OH i think? So, yeah, yeah that's.
Speaker 2: Right that the old expression you are what you wear and you are quite often you are what you. Drive, no that's not. Right you are what you wear and you are your. Car so if you think about the state of your, car what is currently the state of your, car and there's a pretty good correlation between the state of your car and how your life is. Going that's.
Speaker 46: Right and, listen what's your football?
Speaker 2: Team Melbourne Mighty Demons Melbourne Football, club oldest team in the. Game they're doing.
Speaker 46: Well they sworted my team on the.
Speaker 2: Web i'm, Sorry, Sandra, oh it's all.
Speaker 46: RIGHT i Mean i've given up The swans this. Year there they couldn't beat my OLD braini this year.
Speaker 2: What they couldn't beat your old?
Speaker 3: Grannie, yeah well.
Speaker 46: You Know i've got this, expression they couldn't beat my old brannie with two hands tied Behind its.
Speaker 2: Fantastic i've not heard that, before COULD i don't think so IF i haven't forgotten about. It there was a wonderful. CALLER i don't know where the listeners Across, australia it would be just it was a Great it was a great call To Dennis walter's. Program they were talking about dance songs and just wonderful dance songs and one of the, CALLS i think it Was, helen who said along the lines of, Gee i'll tell you. What you could go to the, guillotine lose your head and still dance to that. Song, yes it was a fabulous. Line, sandra in ten seconds or, listen go, on you should have.
Speaker 19: That that's a.
Speaker 46: Topic, well you know old. Expressions it's really really.
Speaker 2: Lovely, yeah.
Speaker 46: Body used to have some great old.
Speaker 2: Expressions you, know we should do. That we'll write that down for a future. Topic that is, great, wonderful wonderful. Expressions perhaps we no longer use mcc doesn't allow. JEANS i don't think it, was certainly not in the long. Room you can still wear denim into the into the. Area we just can't get into the into the long. Room we'll do, This Rick, milton not Far Away, cool The, CUPLINKS i think they. Were i'm gonna say it was a really good, band The cutlings in the. Sixties we've got to play a song after the.
Speaker 34: News now this Is Australia Open eyes With tony, McManus.
Speaker 38: A pone with no?
Speaker 32: Rhyme are colluck wear that? Time a ship without, sails just drifting none the.
Speaker 38: Word that's just how feel.
Speaker 1: Whenever she's.
Speaker 3: Gone that's just HOW i.
Speaker 4: Feel my lasson.
Speaker 3: Reads bood go on.
Speaker 38: And off my way.
Speaker 47: Till julie comes around and sings a happy.
Speaker 38: Someone else side.
Speaker 3: And lets my spirit up and fills my foolish mind.
Speaker 48: Wither she smiles a jail, smile and SUDDENLY i get that, feeling and Then i'm inside out with the Because julie's come around.
Speaker 2: Again she's just like a.
Speaker 49: Bird she follows the.
Speaker 47: Sun she spreads out her wings and once again she leaves.
Speaker 42: Me it's always the.
Speaker 3: Same i'm broken it, Too.
Speaker 34: But after a WHILE i whistle.
Speaker 38: WHAT i must, Do.
Speaker 47: Wait Till julie comes around and sings a happy song of song and lifts my spirit up and fills my foolish mind with Der around.
Speaker 34: She smiles a j.
Speaker 1: Smile then suddenly again.
Speaker 3: Because AROUND i think.
Speaker 2: There's going to be a change of key.
Speaker 34: HERE i think there When juley comes in and, oh we.
Speaker 2: Love a song with a great. Change the, cufflics in fact a bit of a theme. Here catholics will talk To Alec milne About cufflings in just a. Moment cuthlics a creation Of paul van San Lee, poclis who wrote and produced the groups of material and what they. Did they just went out and hired muso's and they put them, together and that particular version they were called the cufflinks back from the late, sixties The, Kufflings AND i thought it was actually another bloker who was Also Ron dante D a n t e is how you pronounce. It was part of those recording sessions as, well and when you think about, IT i think he was pretty much responsible for things like the archies and, sugar sugar and that sort of stuff in the day as well from. Memory i'm just going by. MEMORY i don't. Know do we love? Trash you bid we?
Speaker 28: Do five o'clock bet won't?
Speaker 47: Work and then old towel and Ball i've, broken umbralla a rusty trombe AND i am the light in the soul and MION i love the because they're.
Speaker 35: Trash oh love.
Speaker 2: Trash the one and Only Rick milner right Across australia for This wednesday, morning and we welcome everybody right through six pur In, perth Five DOUBLE a And, adelaide THE Ace Radio network and of course here at THREE aw In. Melbourne it's your home base if you like GET I Rick.
Speaker 15: Milne, musically you've gone from the sublime to the, RIDICULAR i know in many many.
Speaker 2: Ways do you remember that the old thing of The kathlinks the late, sixties ninety sixty or sixty, nine.
Speaker 15: Think do you know there was a group in the fifties called The. Kafflinks before that version they did the Song johnny o'keef covered Called So, tough and they were called the Kup links really In.
Speaker 2: Australia, no they Were.
Speaker 15: American they were a vocal, group and they were called The. Kafflins there you.
Speaker 2: Go so there was because that band there THAT i played Was, american The. Kufflinks, yeah well this.
Speaker 15: Is the Couple links from i'd say the fifties and it was called So, Tough she's So.
Speaker 2: Tough, okay we'll, see we're can Find.
Speaker 15: Johnny o'keef did a cover version of.
Speaker 45: It he.
Speaker 2: Did how about that very nice piece of. Information did you do you ever Wear katholics or did you once Wear? Catholics?
Speaker 15: No, NO i didn't. NEVER i do know some Old jesus used to WHEN i WHEN i started, working there were a couple of old fellows that wore those. Cufflings hang, on what.
Speaker 2: Do you what do you mean? Old get? Off the get off the THE i can't, NO i can't say.
Speaker 15: That don't you wore couplings.
Speaker 2: Up until up until three o'clock this? Afternoon is that?
Speaker 15: Right and of course you had a beard as well on the younger, days didn't.
Speaker 2: You, yeah back in the beller. Days But i've forgiven myself for. That but the kufflings is a lovely. Thing if you buy the right, shirt wear the, coufflings it is still a joyous, thing particularly if you you, know if you have black tie. Events great.
Speaker 15: The ones THAT i, remember, now what do they call those expanded expandix things that you used to put on your upper arms.
Speaker 2: Got them as?
Speaker 15: Well them what were they?
Speaker 2: Called they were called hispanix things that you put on your upper.
Speaker 15: Arm somebody will, know somebody out there is going to be able to tell, us because what used to. Happen you put them on so that your sleeves wouldn't get ink on. Them if you were you, know you worked at a at a desk in an office or somewhere and did everything was done by hand in those, days way before computers and, all and people used to put those on to kind of keep their sleeves out of the. Goo and they put them on sort of the upper armor or above, them you, know sort of halfway up between the wrist and the elbow or somewhere to keep the shirt out of.
Speaker 2: It that's. Right so if the sometimes your shirt sleeve could be a little too long or unnecessarily, long and so it would be pulled up and it would just grasp it at the you, know at that muscle level just above the, elbow and it was usually in the banking, industry it.
Speaker 15: Was you're quite right about.
Speaker 2: That, NO i just made that bit. Up so the banking. Industry AND i think also those those, bookies some of those bookies would have worn that at the time as. Well and great great. Journals that was a very journal.
Speaker 17: Thing.
Speaker 15: Yep AND i remember my granddad used to wear them and he was a stock station agent for the.
Speaker 2: Auctions, yes how about.
Speaker 15: THAT i wonder what those things were. Called somebody will be able to tell us what a word for. Them AND i can't have The vegas idea what the word, is but somebody will know those sort of expander things that you put on your upper arms or the men did not the women of, course but that's what the men used to do in those.
Speaker 2: Times, WELL i think the women in the day had other things that they were.
Speaker 15: Were tucking themselves from different different to to. Day we won't going to find detail because we've got other things to talk, about haven't we we.
Speaker 2: Do let's go To helen first. Morning, helen thank you for joining us With Rick.
Speaker 50: Milner, yes, okay, yeah, Look, Rick i'm virtually on the same. Subject men's.
Speaker 13: Clothes my father had a.
Speaker 31: Leather collar.
Speaker 40: Box, yes do you know.
Speaker 12: Those, YEP i do.
Speaker 15: The collars who were, Separate they were they were separate into the shirt and you actually had to fix them to the. Shirt, yes that's.
Speaker 21: Right.
Speaker 50: Now my father was born in nineteen twenty, one so you can probably work out when he started to wear these collared. Shirts, yes.
Speaker 15: That's, right twenty. One you would be right about it would have when it was about twenty twenty. One, yep about nineteen forty somewhere.
Speaker 31: There.
Speaker 15: Yeah you've still got the collar, box have.
Speaker 20: You i've got it in.
Speaker 50: Storage.
Speaker 15: Yeah they're quite not quite cute little boxes they. Were there were, leather almost always, leather and they had a little sort of a catch on them to keep them kick them. Closed and these days i'd reckonciland around about fifty. Dollars it's got some collars, too does?
Speaker 20: It?
Speaker 50: Collars and it was quite, solid, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 26: But it was was it leather?
Speaker 15: Yours, yes, yep, yep about with you've got some collars in there as. Well you might get seventy five to one hundred.
Speaker 50: Beautiful it's just it's just a, curiosity isn't.
Speaker 20: It.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Yeah i've seen a few of them over the, time and some of them makes you had the word color collars on the on the.
Speaker 10: Box, yeah so how about, That.
Speaker 15: Helen that's a good, question very.
Speaker 2: Much, sure well, Done. Helen and my memory is THAT i bought a shirt many years. Ago mum must have bought it for.
Speaker 34: ME i.
Speaker 2: Reckon it was probably a shirt that you would actually button it into the top of the shirt you take it off and to have that what was often referred to as a grandpas. Shirt, look but you could remove the. Collar.
Speaker 15: Yep that's exactly how it was in the old.
Speaker 2: Days.
Speaker 15: Exactly they were all that. Way shirts did not have. Collars there were most thing when.
Speaker 2: You think about, it, yeah the old grandpa, shirt and then when the collars came. In even up until recently some SHIRTS i found there was and you can still Buy unpresumably you get those bones in that would slip inside the collar of say good white, shirt just to keep it very very. Straight once your tie was.
Speaker 8: Done that was.
Speaker 31: It that was.
Speaker 2: It you're.
Speaker 15: Right i'm not never been much of a, Time and that's the REASON i wouldn't wear couplings BECAUSE i don't wear those kind of clothes like you. Do you dress, up you, SEE i don't dress up so.
Speaker 8: Much thank you for.
Speaker 2: Sharing we'll do, This we'll do this when we come. Back kevin joined us on the program with A Rick. Milner what were you? Wearing what are you?
Speaker 3: Wearing?
Speaker 2: Now sounds a bit dodgy, really one double three six nine. Three it was a called, Garter trucker said was a call to garter that the blokes used to wear around there at the top of their elbow to keep the shirt. Up, NO i don't think it was called a. Garter no is the. Answer i'm going to give more of your call straight after. This it is austraighta over nagod. Boarding Rick milne is a passionate Our brisbane, supporter but not only, that is a great bloke and co hosting this program on three aw And australia overnight for many many a. Year if you'd like to come and join, us you can do that right. Now one double three six nine. Three you'll love, THIS ricka look at the text line the information with regards to what is now being referred to as the sleeve, garter.
Speaker 15: Sleeve. GARTER i remember at school we used to wear garters on our socks to keep our socks.
Speaker 2: Up we, did and school socks we. Did in, Fact i'm wearing them. Now the elastic bands that men wore in their arms to adjust shirt sleeve length were called sleeve, garters and the garters were primarily used to prevent the cuffs from getting soiled while, working to you, know keep them, nice including entirety for special. Occasions there we, go leave garb And i've got lots of. Text also pretty much the same, thing the rand band near the top of long socks to keep those socks. Up, yes that's, right exactly. Right let's take a couple of these Calls paul late.
Speaker 51: Morning, well, no we call them aumbands WHERE i come.
Speaker 2: From did you just armbands that were worn like what? Material did you say it was rick.
Speaker 15: Kind of kind of like was metallic expanding?
Speaker 51: Expanding, yeah it's silvery thing looking for? Them, yes, yes, armbands that's what we called.
Speaker 2: Them and how would you have them? Used if you, know did women USE i used.
Speaker 51: To use armbands and my daughter still uses, them and she still uses couplings because she shows.
Speaker 2: Horses of, course it's part of the.
Speaker 51: Addressage, well, yes you have to have a different sort of. Coupling to wear. Couplings you have to have different holes in your in your.
Speaker 2: Shirt, yes great history about.
Speaker 51: She still wears them so she she knows how to put them, on.
Speaker 2: And presumably for Competition. Pauline, oh, yes.
Speaker 51: Competition people don't even know how to tire.
Speaker 2: Tie there's only one way to Tire Pauline, college.
Speaker 51: Not either either plane or a windsor.
Speaker 2: Not, well that's. Right the distinction between the windsor and the college would.
Speaker 51: Be, yeah WELL i wore a tie all the way through, school and THEN i will are tie. Riding SO i don't write, now of, course but, yes that's a great.
Speaker 2: Call isn't. It so there you, go and the, tie and even the tie is to no longer quite the thing that it once.
Speaker 15: Was, Rick you notice now that a lot of the people on on THE v shows and, said, well they don't wear tires now they. Were they were a jacket nut open shirt for the way tie is going going the way of the of the top. HALF i suppose you might tell you corum pans is HOW i remember them now that now the plan is mentioned it that's HOW i remember. Them some people said.
Speaker 2: Garters garters have got a lot of, texts so they were referred to as a garters and sometimes. Suspenders it's not the same.
Speaker 22: Thing it's a very different.
Speaker 2: Thing burn good, Morning.
Speaker 14: Good, morning tiny And Ricky.
Speaker 10: Ricky, however how can we HELP.
Speaker 26: I, UH.
Speaker 14: I do recall that they are an armed, band the same as what the lady, said an arm. Band and when when you were dipping your pen in the ink, well it keeps your sleeves out of of.
Speaker 2: Course, oh that's a very good. Point we actually talked about the ink wells the other, day and that was always a made you. Concerned going to, School you're learning to do the ink well and you dip the ink into the thing that was at the top of the, desk and or a fountain pen later, on if you were lucky enough to be a place where that fountain. Pens we had an ink, monitor we. DID i was, one you were WHAT i, was an ink. MONITOR i feel like those bloody things every single.
Speaker 15: Morning the secret of your success because it relates to.
Speaker 2: Mean it's probably where it. Started, YEAH i had delusions of grandeur then AND i still. Haven't one double three six nine three is our telephone. Number plenty room on the. Board you'll get. Through let's move away from Garters. All that was another grade show, too wasn't all gas and, gators, yeah or gut and, gardens all gats and gart all gas and all gass here it was grade. Show let's have a look at some pikies that you've sent. Through the first one is a.
Speaker 31: Hat.
Speaker 10: Yeah, now this is.
Speaker 15: Put out by a company CALLED, ot which was a run based drink and they didn't say, so but it. Was and the idea was keep your warm in, winter you, know when you go to the footy and have a bit of a sip OF, ot which would certainly warm as all. Right so there's one From South, bendigo which is rather, unusual you don't see those very, often but probably worth five hundred and one from some team Called. Melbourne what a, Team and that's worth a similar sort of a. Price, now the next ITEM i have is a put out by a company Called Black, clothes which is like a Kofferly and that was a fellow by the name Of Frank vine or they used to got Him Pop, vine who played for that Same melbourne football. Club so that's that was a pretty nice and that's worth a couple hundred dollars believe, it though not that little tiny. Thing it's about not much bigger than your. Thumbnail really and little item.
Speaker 2: Did pop play? For did he also play? For he played For melbourne And West.
Speaker 15: Perth he may, have he may, have but he certainly played For. Melbourne and the next Item i've got is a nineteen to twenty eight membership garden that's also From. Melbourne is there a theme?
Speaker 2: HERE i think there may well be a theme AND i appreciate.
Speaker 42: That.
Speaker 15: Yes and then there's also A melbourne banner from nineteen thirty nine which they won the premiership in that. Year so there are a few Little melbourne items there for no particular, reason BUT i just thought i'd sort of.
Speaker 2: Sneaking in AND i please, you and please you shared we'll do this break when we come back, here we'll start to take some. Calls if you have anything in that you, fancy anything that you've got sitting at the top of your shelf or in that third draw, down maybe at the, garage lying around the, place come and share what is the story of something that you think would be of interest to, you or is of interest to you that would be interested in any even a small way to where the audience here At australia every night you get through straight away this morning one double three six nine. Three you can do that right. Now great to have your. Company we're everywhere at right Across australia For australia. Overnight my Name's tony, McManus Rick milne From antiques And collectibles and we take your, calls of which we be quite on the phones this, morning so if you have, anything you'll get through straight. Away one double three six nine to. Three it's amazing the amount of, text which is both gorgeous and, tricky because you'd rather have the calls for when you're. Here it's difficulty to read the. Text the point about it is that they're talking about the college. Days part of the uniform was very much even for girls when you think about, it in school during our, time was to wear a.
Speaker 15: Tie true, enough true enough it. Was AND i grew up in the, bush SO i was a country. Boy and they we certainly both both sexes war. Tied, sure, yep they did very much, so AND i, think, WELL i don't think it happened to. ANYMORE i don't know did you do the?
Speaker 2: Winds did you do the windsor or what was often referred to as the college, version which was one swing as opposed to the two. SWINGERS i, think.
Speaker 15: Oh wasn't good enough to do the winter that were too hard for, me too. HARD i don't think it was long. Enough that's that AS i. REMEMBER i mean we had there we had a four colored full colored, tie which were the four. Houses you, know though they had these various you'd be belonged to one house or. Another there were. Four so there was a, red, green, yellow and. Blue so they were the colors of the.
Speaker 2: School, well you know how they often say everything old is new. AGAIN i wonder how long it will be before there is a trend back in a major way to bow.
Speaker 15: Ties and they are pretty nifty at. THAT i mean you do see them, occasionally you, know you do see them, occasion and they do look pretty. Nifty in, fact one of, our one of, ours the young one had he they did a dead whatever they call those things you can and they bore the bow Ti he looked spectacular.
Speaker 8: Color it's a lovely.
Speaker 2: Thing and was it a clip on or did he do? It was it a hand?
Speaker 15: TIE i would imagine it probably was because he wouldn't know how to do. It, otherwise you, know you have you've got to be pretty. Good, well you could have helped, Him were you?
Speaker 2: Good, yeah, LOOK i actually got quite. Good AND i don't know THAT i could do it. Now but there was a time during The i'm thinking late, eighties early part of the, nineties maybe like many of, us we had a bit of a fascination with with ties and And i'm not too sure why not important to the. Story and then you learned to do a bow.
Speaker 15: Tie, wow you're just plenty of plenty of you got plenty of bows to Your you've got, seven that's. Right whatever you call that.
Speaker 2: Thing that expression thank you in the lot of? Quills, ye something like.
Speaker 15: That how about?
Speaker 42: That?
Speaker 2: Now i'm just looking at this is really. Interesting this is a copy of the footy, Record Ferdy, Record Ferdy, record he.
Speaker 15: Was and then it's from nineteen twenty, nine and it's for the, final in other, words what they would call these days the preliminary. Final and in that case it was played and this doesn't Feature melbourne for. Change this one was Between richmond And carlvin and it was won By, richmond who then played Against collingwood in The Grand final and it was the third of their four in a Row collingwood four in a row nineteen twenty. Nine they won from nineteen twenty seven to nineteen thirty they won four in a. Row it's the only time it's ever, happened and it could will have happened To, melbourne but the team that stopped them in their tracks, was as it, happened Was.
Speaker 2: COLLINGWOOD i love the expressions on the front of, this so it reads just AS i can share with the. Audience you look at this footy record a it cost a, threepence.
Speaker 15: Yeah threepence.
Speaker 2: Yes and then at the top of, it just above where it is referred to was the football. Record it then says under the patronage of The Victorian Football league is under the under the. Patronage.
Speaker 15: Yeah the very very first year they put these, out which is nineteen hundred and, twelve their, slogan the slogan that was used for about the next ten years was fair play Is bonnie, Play, ah fair play Is bonnie. Play bonnie many very, good very very Very AND i actually have a few of those bound. Volumes they're pretty. Impressive bought those years and years and years.
Speaker 2: Ago, jay what's right to the advertising product? Owner but of course it is right. Down there's a little ad FOR. Vb but the old label on THAT vb. Bottle it looks, fantastic it, does it.
Speaker 15: Does, yes they were quite AND i might say that the Small footy, records even though from the, sixties are much preferable to the larger sized. Ones AND i think part of the reason was once we went to the larger size which we have, now people they cost more. Money people tended to keep, them whereas the early ones were pretty cheap and after the, game especially as the wet, day they just throw them on the, ground leave, them don't worry about. It but once they got a bit, larger people did tend to hang on to. Them so the earlier, ones which are the smaller, versions are much much harder to. Find of, course one from way back then and were worth a lot of. Money they're probably worth five hundred dollars or something really in a bit of one of the very good that we've. Survived, yeah from the, Time, well you're.
Speaker 2: Right because my memory whether you went To collingwood or where they went out to where The bulldogs games in those, days are you to get the melways to find out how you got. THERE A, secondly there was this, mess see a bunch of litter leaving the ground it was just everywhere where there was beer cans all sorts of just left for somebody else to come and clean.
Speaker 15: Up, yeah and the footy records as.
Speaker 2: Well the footy records were just left on seats and on the. Ground.
Speaker 15: Yep just. Amazing and that's just the. Way it was a bit of a change, now of. Course but in fact you don't see many people with the footy records now because you can get them on your phone and you do things other ways. NOW i think times have changed a bit AND i don't think they sell anywhere near as well as they might.
Speaker 2: Have it was a great. Publication you always wanted to have at least one. Copy if you're going as a, family you'd have at least, one usually two versions to between mum and dad and the. Kids it was just a lovely thing to be able to, do to look where your, team where your players were going to, be and you know the list who was, in who was at and who was playing in the, twos, yes who who Was.
Speaker 15: Well it's still the, case of, COURSE i mean they send them back everything of the and they'll send a player back to pick up his form in the, reserves and they might have done it with your full. Forward AS i, remember they put him in the twos for a week or two and did him no. Harm he's come back and kicked a. Few so there we, are and my boys are doing all. Right so everybody's.
Speaker 2: Happy everybody's pretty. Happy we'll do this break and hopefully get some. Calls here we go one double three six nine. Three Rick milks, here come and join us thee of the side On australia. Overnight good morning to. You maybe a bit chilly Across, australia so we're quite on the Phone's. RICKY a couple of texts, though that'll keep us some muse for a little bit of Geta tonia And. RICK i have a Tin Tyanic. Tyanic slow it, Down, TONY i have a Tin titanic toy ship with. Box the box has a picture of The titanic and that's From bruce In. Baronia that would be.
Speaker 15: Pretty, IMPRESSIVE i have to, say AND i imagine it's got some age to. It it's Difficult bruce without asking a couple of, questions But i'm assuming it's got some pretty good age about. It because people of younger people today probably don't know one about The titanic of, course which sank and all but one PERSON i think survived or only a. Couple only a few had a night berg did it?
Speaker 2: Not, yes it.
Speaker 15: Did, yeah they made a movie about.
Speaker 2: It they.
Speaker 15: DID i would think the.
Speaker 2: Movie was pretty. Popular it was that, again the movie was pretty.
Speaker 15: Popular, yes, Anyway, yeah a good. Thing and if you've got that, box it would have some age to. IT i would reckon be looking at a few hundred dollars any more specific BECAUSE i don't know any more about.
Speaker 2: It you, KNOW i remember collecting those bee cans of the, footy stand on, them stand on SO i could see over the tall people in the. Front that's From, Loretta.
Speaker 15: AND i might say the very FIRST i lived in The bush and we came to the city very. Occasionally the very first two football GAMES i went, to the very first two were but they were, draws both of them at the at them no one was at The bulldogs and one was it To long because we lived in The western district at the time Of, victoria that, is and we saw one game at Gill long AND i don't even remember who they played with the. Drawl and the next time we went to The bulldogs for some, reason and there was a drawer as, well so the very first TWO i ever saw A.
Speaker 2: Drawls do you know why you got the? Name Presumably Richard Rick.
Speaker 15: WELL i, Did, yes it was named after AND i had an uncle who used to. Start he was a starter at at racist horse race. Meetings AND i REMEMBER i stood in the store with him one. Time he took me. ALONG i was named after. Him He's, richard and And i'm standing on this door and he, said you're ready to, go and none are not, really mister mill not, really Mister. Milon i'm thinking they're talking about. Me they met, Me, no they didn't mention. ANYWAY i. Remember that's WHY i got bitten by the. Bugs i've been a bit of a hawky on my life all the.
Speaker 2: Life nothing my Uncle, Richard Uncle, richard all those years. Ago the REASON i. Ask i've just been reading the list in the last couple of days about, names and there's about eighty. Nine but these are the ones that are probably a bit important that under each state Has Australia state and territories has its own, birth deaths and, marriages and The Registration. Actor the names are examples of those that have been banned nationwide Under australian naming. Laws these are, people, so these are people that are born here and can't use some of these. Names for, EXAMPLE i couldn't you couldn't be called admirable, sorry having a really good morning, Him. ADMIRAL i couldn't call You Admiral Rick. Milne you can, say, Well i'm going to christian You christian You Admiral. Rick, yeah you couldn't be called. Bishop, no you couldn't be called. Colonel you certainly couldn't Be christian baptized if you like, senator you couldn't be senator mil to Prime minster or Prime minister or premier or.
Speaker 22: President that's.
Speaker 2: True but he's the really disappointing part BECAUSE i always want to be known as A Saint. Anthony, yes of COURSE i can never be Called Saint. Anthony you can't be to call that, either, unfortunately so and you can't and even things of the list is really quite. Funny you can't be called a Smelly rick Smelly. Milne, uh this is all locked away in. Legislation and you can't be called professor, NO i.
Speaker 15: Get, THAT i get. IT i would imagine you couldn't be Called.
Speaker 2: Hitler, no certainly. Not and why would you what are?
Speaker 15: You because there are those pretty stupid people in the, world that's.
Speaker 2: Why, Yes and you couldn't be called. Messiah, no, No and the list of the list is really. Funny Dello lama is the other one too that you can't Be you can't be Mentioned Lama.
Speaker 15: Lama.
Speaker 2: Milne things for which you might be looking At Rick milne before we, say it was quite on the phones this, morning so humble.
Speaker 15: Apologies, yeah it's just one of those, things maybe a bit too cool for.
Speaker 2: Everyone, WELL i, SAID i said To jay the other morning we had a quiet, morning AND i, said you, KNOW i reckon it's because we've had this change in the weather and people are all tucked up and they might have their blanket on a three five. Seven you don't really want to move too.
Speaker 15: Far, no that's, due that's part of. THEM i just Know i'm about. IT i do have people forever colling me of about the. Coins so we'll give them very. Quickly luney take a. Sec but in, pennies there are two that people might. Have there are two they won't. Have but the two they might have a nineteen twenty five and nineteen forty, six and they're both worth fifty dollars nineteen twenty five and nineteen forty six in, halfpennies which is the smaller, size nineteen twenty three is worth seven. Hundred now, this if you've got a nineteen thirty. Penny on the other, hand you, can you. Can you'll be instantly. Rich and if you get ninety two, seven even. Richer so there we. Go Now i'm looking For tuckfield's bird, cards of which there are, billions but the and so for, me it's for someone. Else but they want the ones that have got blue printing on the. REVERSE i don't know about, this but, anyway some of them had blue printing and they just prepared to pay two dollars. Each and when it got to there's minions and menus of those food. Cards but he wants them only with the blue printing on the. Reverse don't ask me, why but, anyway there were two dollars if you have. Them, racebooks, Cameras i've got people looking for. Cameras argus which was A melbourne. Newspaper it was the first newspaper in the world to actually print in. Color believe it or. Not they did cards and badges in a fireside. Game if anybody has any of those. Things we've got an argus, collector Am, skull which is a company From South, australia And, playstows a company From. Way i've got people looking for anything that relates to those companies put out little swap, cards various. Things Cox brothers which was a sports store In. Melbourne And i've got somebody Since kilder fan they can't be they won't too many of the game on the, weekend but killed the. Players they did some autograph, books, badges, cards, whatever anything that you've got on Some KILDA i got A kilder tragic and had to be that's you have to be tragic to follow certain footy. Teams but anything has got any of that lot There that number of mine is zero four one, eight three, three, nine one zero.
Speaker 2: Three there it is there is zero four, sorry zero four one eight double three nine one zero. Three i'm just reading some of these texts that are coming. In i'll get to them just a. Moment have we got a? Call, no Where's pauline's? Still? There are? Gone pauline's? Disappeared all right, now we might, say. Uru i'm just getting lots of texts about some other matters coming. Through, rick humble. Apologies it will be quite on the phones this. Morning one of those. Things we will talk next. Week thank you. Now lots of text coming in one in, PARTICULAR i won't mention the name here that says i'd rather this did not go to where well to, text SO i won't mention who it is by. NAME i sent you a text for the conversation about armbands SAYING i think they were called armed. Garters you make me out on air to be an. Idiot well NO i, didn't not at. All humble apologies if that was the, tone and SOMETIMES i have a bit of a naughty, tone SO i hope that wasn't. Offensive you go to the break and then you come back from the break saying that we've gotten lots of text saying they are called sleeve. Garters, YES i did say, that same as WHAT i, said and they are all. Genuses well that's not the. Point the point IS i did not make any reference to you by name with that, text so you know who you. Are my humble, apologies, Aget tony And. RICK i have my father's, armbands cufflinks and shirt. Studs he was a jeweler and wore cuff links and. Armbands most of the shirt studs were, used AS i recall when he would have an evening to use his apparel on certain evenings as he was a. Mason that was the other thing, too getting all dressed up to go to the, lodge call the balls and special. Occasions wonderful to see kind regards a. JOY i had to wear retire at school college type we did even AS i, said even the girls did wear tis back. Then we will do. This it Is australia. Overnight that's where you. Are it's great to have your company wherever you. Are you might be a three O w here In, melbourne Five DOUBLE a And adelaide THE Ace radio network right Throughout. Victoria we'll talk To gabe two coming up after the news at three. O'clock it's a big story sort of unfolding as we speak down through that lake's entrance, area so we'll get details on that in just a moment as well From gabe in our. Newsroom Roland gift may not necessarily be a household. Name Roland gift is sixty, four lead vocalist with the great Band Fine Young. Cannibals. Gee they had some. Hits when you look at their other hits included things Like Johnny Come Home. Blue they did a really good version Of Suspicious. Minds good, thing but probably best for the Hit She Drives Me. Crazy Ronald gift Today Happy birthday from Fine Young cannibals sixty. Four stop.
Speaker 7: To sell.
Speaker 2: This to.
Speaker 3: Last she chance is?
Speaker 38: Present she chars me, present.
Speaker 7: Can't it he?
Speaker 3: Wus?
Speaker 18: Say?
Speaker 38: Said then s so surprised Little she cast me a bad. Tack she tass me it d.
Speaker 7: Have.
Speaker 34: Said Sh, now this Is australia open eyed With tony, McMahon.
Speaker 2: And she raced us into the. Studio from The Australia overnight to, newsroom we speak of our very Own Gatabie hodson from The. Australia good morning to.
Speaker 42: YOU i am, yes, indeed.
Speaker 2: Look a bit of A you're not even puffed me from running from the. Studio LOOK i.
Speaker 42: Maybe i'm very. Fit that's a bit of a. Joke Actually i'm not not at. All Look i'm. Onnave we've got some listeners In gibbsland who could shed a bit of light on. THIS A watch And act warning has been issued for a vast section of The gippsland coast From Lake entrance To wilson's prompt that's a fair chunk it is Of. Victoria abnormally high tides are expected in the warning area and may cause coastal flooding of low lying. Areas NOW i Noticed painesville got quite a few mentions in all of. This are you listening In? Painesville i'd love to know what's going.
Speaker 2: ON i know as somebody very well In painsville who could well be. Listening so what give us a? Call what do you what do you understand to be?
Speaker 42: Happening all, Right, well we've had flooding and then you've got on top of that you get high, tides so together you can get some very very abnormally high a king. Tide. Basically now they have mentioned that this is the bureau at The Lakes entrance Tide. Gage the sea level is slowly easing after reaching more than a meter above its expected. Level So i've managed to print off some material. HERE i, mean this is we're talking river. Heights so there's your flood level. There this Is, painesville so it's it's getting towards flood level the.
Speaker 2: River but it's a great part of the world down. There it's.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, YEAH i spent a bit of some of.
Speaker 42: There but these. Floodshirts that upper line is just how much high the water is. Going so this is really good for radio. Radio, look it's it's it's a little bit. Concerning so, look if you are in a low part Of, Gippsland i'd like to, know is there water lapping at your?
Speaker 2: Door did you have?
Speaker 42: One other?
Speaker 2: People, please if you were anybody down through that area and give us a. Call what are you, noticing if anything in that part of the world one double three six nine three Were you're a great fan of the in the day of family feud we. Have we don't have family feud on at the moment On Telly jay do we.
Speaker 21: So.
Speaker 52: MUCH i don't have the actual show at the. MOMENT i might be on one of those other Gem nines or, something but not.
Speaker 2: There's not there's not An australian version being produced as well, anymore.
Speaker 42: The similar shows with other. Names BUT i do Remember tony barber To.
Speaker 2: Barbado he did it till.
Speaker 42: Then he got the gig With sale of The century and they gave it to a couple of other, people but it was his show for a very long.
Speaker 2: Time but, ah So i've got some really weird answers to family feud. Question, okay, Right so IF i said to, you during what month of pregnancy does a woman begin to look, pregnant you would have said.
Speaker 42: About month.
Speaker 2: Four the answer that they gave Was, september which, Funny. Okay name a yellow. Fruit this is a trick, question isn't it yellow? Fruit? Banana, well the answer they gave was. Orange name something that follows the word, pork pork. Chop they gave the answer. Cupie, really this is. True this is one hundred percent, true true.
Speaker 42: Porcupine, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: What they, said cue, pine poor.
Speaker 42: Cupie, really they've obviously never cooked.
Speaker 2: HAT i know a name a word phrase that starts with the with the word pot pot.
Speaker 42: Roast while we're on the topic of, food.
Speaker 2: A word or a phrase that starts with the pot, potato which is, OKAY i think that's. Right name a children's story about an, Animal, oh.
Speaker 42: We need The pooh or.
Speaker 2: Something and the answer they Gave david And. Goliath no, Incorrect. Okay name a kind of, bear.
Speaker 42: A polar bear they.
Speaker 2: Said they Said papa. Bear so how many people Said papa?
Speaker 1: Bear?
Speaker 2: None that's that's.
Speaker 42: There's some pretty cute answers in, there not the ONES i would have come up.
Speaker 2: With but, hey now we had an email with saying we've changed the timing of the. Chook, no we haven't changed the timing of the, trook have. We it's always been at this time around about coming up to a quarter past the hour each morning for the chok.
Speaker 22: Correct just before the first break.
Speaker 2: Up, yeah that's, right so just before the correct and so humble. Apologies it hasn't. Changed they, Said, oh it feels like it's. Changed, no it. HASN'T i think in wa because they change their or we change time, zone so it probably affects, that but they don't in that part of the world. Anyway double three six nine. THREE i do think you would like to raise on the program if you've just joined us for the first. Time we've been talking about the year nineteen eighty. Six where were what were you doing in the year nineteen eighty? Six we had memories of greyhound tracks all Around. Australia did you have one? Now if you could select? One BG's track was really. Interesting Dennis walter on this program at three aw last night had a quiz with regards TO bg AND i was profoundly disappointed that there are many When arsked did not know the answers to what seemed pretty simple questions about The. Beg's, Now i'm not making any dispersions about, that BUT i just will everybody would know some history about The. Beg's but, SADLY i guess in a sense we're talking what they were doing fifty and sixty years, ago particularly in the. Sixties so all of a, Sudden i've got to correct myself and, say there'd be people listening To dennis's program who would have little idea of what those great songs of the sixties were with The. Beg's if you could name, one what would that?
Speaker 14: Be?
Speaker 2: Spuds? Potatoes we love. POTATOES i was reading a story about potatoes and how good they can be for. You how do you cook them with? Potatoes what is the best way to do? Them what is the trick ways to do? Them is very, Simple and the point of the story was just how affordable they. Are given everything that else has, happened potatoes are essentially still pretty. AFFORDABLE i hope that never. Changes and. CUFFLICS i mentioned cuflings because we were talking about the banded. Cufflinks how many people either own a pair of, cufflings wore a pair of, cufflings or somebody even still wears. Cufflings one double, three six nine three is our. Number, No, maggie a nice. Git we're talking about nineteen eighty, six not nineteen eighty. Four so nothing to do With george or, well but that is a lovely connection rich from The United States rights to. Us with regards to the, band the band that men wore around their arm was called a sleeve, garter so we've nailed. THAT i think the nineteenth and twentieth centuries where men wore shirts with long sleeves that didn't actually come in exact sizes back in those, days and since shirts were really, very very different and, expensive you think about. It in, FACT i looked at some shirts yesterday, thinking, WELL i need a couple of new white. Shirts what would you expect to pay for a really, good, Nice chris clean cotton white shirt? TODAY j while over an hundred dollards and that was on sale Because meyra AND DJs both went on sale, yesterday AND i, thought still very expensive white. SHIRT i digress sid shirts were expensive and tailoring was less accessible sleeve garters helped adjust the sleeve length and kept cuffs out of the, way hence the, storyline especially for men working in offices or playing musical, instruments and over time those sleeve garters became a bit of a fashion, statement particularly among people like. Bartenders remember bartenders would often wear, them and, gamblers those that were working the machines at the tables and things and have sleep.
Speaker 52: Garters they're always considered the top end of. Town weren't they the, cuflings you, know the gentleman.
Speaker 2: There oh, yeah very very, stylish very. STYLISH i Think James bond would have been A catholic, wearer coathlic, Mad katholic mad with his. Omeaga he'd wear him playing, Tennis well didn't, Everybody? Laurie now nineteen eighty six for, You, laurie what was happening in your? World?
Speaker 8: Good maybe ninety six ninety?
Speaker 12: SEVEN o only way to being a young teenager and needs a lot of trouble and go to the. Pintridge they, say and and, LOVE i, SAID i, said they say on the, shoulders on the, neck on the. Back and one guy there thought he was he thought he was actually.
Speaker 8: Bombed scott oh, really and he's bantered around.
Speaker 33: The, hell.
Speaker 2: What what age were you that that particular, point, Then lourie Big, harden what age were?
Speaker 12: YOU i got sixteen, SEVENTEEN i got thrown In.
Speaker 2: Pintridge, yeah MAY i ask you what the offense?
Speaker 22: Was just just.
Speaker 12: Teenage, crap burgeries and, whatever you.
Speaker 26: Know stuff like with the.
Speaker 2: Car when you when you think about when you think about what you were doing, then and how you do you reflect on?
Speaker 12: It, Well Dan eltrom then on Really but, anyway and besides, that the old the the.
Speaker 30: That snap.
Speaker 12: TOLEY i had a job at Safe ways there once and me mum, goes oh the, tole you, know and he did lack of vand around it.
Speaker 10: He put The randy collar and.
Speaker 2: Yeah of course do you remember who the prison chaplain was At? PINTRIDGE i.
Speaker 12: DON'T i went through to who what do they call?
Speaker 10: It telebration army sort of stepped in.
Speaker 43: There they came in and went to Because i'll.
Speaker 10: See younger being.
Speaker 2: There, yeah of, course so that's. Why so that's WHY i was, asking how how did you end up In? Pintridge is not too.
Speaker 43: One of the, well the Grim reaper and The TENDER i live in in Swan.
Speaker 10: Hill then he he sent he said he mother probably.
Speaker 2: Nasty well hang on before we go. On so you're talking about somebody who was on the, bench were you when you say the grim? Reaper well then he did the, magistrate, okay and so was well known in town. Presumably well he is no longer with the world.
Speaker 10: Anymore jay's.
Speaker 2: Mother, well we shouldn't talk about that because they're only doing their a. Job BUT i guess from your point of, view you probably had a different perspective of.
Speaker 43: It, well like these it's like the people getting away with all these young fellows and. Whatever we're just bracking a couple of, shops not, chopped just a couple of.
Speaker 12: Golf clubs here and, there and sub pinch Help.
Speaker 10: Carrie and like thank, So.
Speaker 2: Laurie if you if you were giving advice to some of these younger kids now that are, fourteen, fifteen sixteen, seventeen given your, experience what what would you say to? Them?
Speaker 12: Crooky what CAN i? SAY i don't really, think man like with this machette crap gown on around the.
Speaker 10: Joint my dad Was vietnam.
Speaker 12: Bitch and and he had machetes and his ship and we used together in the Back pattic and we got out there chopping the ring and mocking. Around we, thought you, know like.
Speaker 8: A little bit of them and and and put them things, away you, boy put them back in the.
Speaker 10: Ship and we never you, know like, kroky you know these days On Jesus christ AND i had names on them from from soldiers that they didn't they had names under you put them. Back don't you ever touch him?
Speaker 12: Again and, anyway, yeah they soon went missing Like.
Speaker 10: Adam he took, them got rid of the good on Your.
Speaker 2: Laurie it's good to. Talk you look after yourself and thanks for being part of the program this.
Speaker 10: Morning the army army.
Speaker 2: Jobs, yeah of, Course.
Speaker 10: I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no you're, right you're doing. Well you're doing, Okay keep in touch. Mate Father John brosnan was the name of WHICH i was, thinking AND i reckon there'd be many people that would Remember Father John, brosnen particularly In Melbourne. Town obviously A pintridge Former penridge prison community and beyond it a testament too is pretty much unwaving and wavering compassionate, advocacy serving as The catholic chaplain To pendridge for an impressive how many years thirty. Years Father john dedicated to serving those often forgotten by society and left an indelible mark on the lives that he. Touched he was A jesuit priest and had this profound sense of the value of human. DIGNITY a long time opponent of capital, punishment and his campaign to a spare convicted Murderer Ronald ryan back in the day in the late sixties from being HANGED i think it was nineteen sixty seven wasn't made national headlines and although his campaign, Failed Father john has credited with helping end capital punishment In. Australia The Wonderful Father John brosnen was a different time in many many. Ways was it more of your calls coming up the other? Side if you'd like to join, us you can do that right, now wonderble three six' Nine three syrial not. Far away It is australia every. Night morning. Love this we haven't done this for a. Little while it Is mister Arti karatti.
Speaker 15: David and A big david did.
Speaker 2: For us, it's clever.
Speaker 3: Little do jo. Standing tall the karate we give our jicks, and punches strong and true. Focus minds did all we do.
Speaker 20: A karate the way.
Speaker 13: We find diet In Power.
Speaker 2: Adi karate good morning from, The first.
Speaker 8: Thank YOU, david i and Good.
Speaker 16: Morning jay, before you when you were saying about the sayings about the ki you are what there was another one saying you are what.
Speaker 2: You, ate yeah you are what you ate was a big SAYING and i think it's still probably would resonate with. Many, Today.
Speaker 16: Yeah i'm all, the help notts. And, EVERYTHING anyway i noticed that you said it's one of the band Members From Fine young Cannibals Or. Birthday today it.
Speaker 2: Is the Great Band Define, young Cannibals the. Birthday boy we know him and love Him as Roll. And gift probably not necessarily a, household name but everybody would be familiar WITH, The Fyc Fine young cannibals and that string of hits that they had during. The Sixties Johnny come home was just a fab, little song As was blue and then they did that great Version Of. Suspicious, Mines yeah i've got that on A.
Speaker 16: Trialvis extendard it's a. Great greack it's funny that you played he drives me crazy Because on papieta's introduction on the second he uses THAT because i gave him the idea, he said what does? You crazy and now he's using it, every weekend which.
Speaker 2: Is good it's a clever. Little. Link yeah so the.
Speaker 16: Birthday follows one Day after. John fotherday do you remember the Song The old man Down?
Speaker 20: The?
Speaker 2: Road, oh yeah that was, another one wasn't it that he wrote and he wrote when he, had That The old man Down? The road and he did another one around that time in the eighties called Rock And roll girls as a. Solo, performer.
Speaker 16: Yeah that was one of the, Major Ones The old man Down. The raid didn't speak On, nineteen yeah play it THEN when i just started doing the. Second year so there was a favorite one on mine that.
Speaker 2: He, did, so yeah good On your we're. ALES on.
Speaker 16: I just stopped in home for a minute and the road.
Speaker 2: You popped you just popped in for, a tinkle did you say Your sneak have a bit of, a tinkle And then i'll get back there on, the road have a little bit more of am around and have a little bit of a tinkle and.
Speaker 1: The BIT weight.
Speaker 2: I see see You By Marlene bends day. A morning.
Speaker 53: Good morning now can you help hearing anything.
Speaker 2: About there's some water rising around where?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 53: Were, no well the friends the water was up in The whole.
Speaker 19: Victorian, covered yeah well.
Speaker 2: That's, true yeah. GOOD point.
Speaker 53: I remember donku's trial quite a few. Years ago there was a high TIDE and i think they had to sand bag some of the shops along Because The princess highway goes to main through lake and they had to sand bag some of. The SHOPS that's i don't know how long ago, that was but that some blowers. Down there BUT what i was going to mention to you Remember the friday Night or friday, afternoon Paper The.
Speaker 2: Sporting, globe Well The, SPORTING globe i would have thought it was On, the saturday but'stand to be correct, about it it came out Of the friday, as well did it to.
Speaker 53: The racing there was, a guy a man used to have a delivery and delivered the papers to be AND so i think he went through, the lakes, All Right, the Harald the herald over an afternoon later they got dropped at the front of the news AGENT and i Think The sporting globe came In on friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: For the so we could talk about the races the next day On the SATURDAY football. I.
Speaker 9: Guess yeah.
Speaker 2: And what color Was The sporting Globe.
Speaker 53: A beijing. Thawny color.
Speaker 23: You ask me, That, one well?
Speaker 2: Wasn't there wasn't there one? That Was because, i'm Thinking maybe i've, Got. Confused marline what doesn't? Surprise me confused about a lot of. These days but wasn't? That pink wasn't there A Pink? Sporting? Globe, fawn yeah so we're talking about the.
Speaker 8: Same paper wasn't aunt and white Like?
Speaker 53: Today's, herald no.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 53: It was a different.
Speaker 2: Car altogether and so there was A sport the sporting paper, Came Out The sporting globe, came out certainly On a saturday Night at, post forty where all the footy would, finish it let's say ten, to five and pretty Much The sporting globe would be on sale at. News, agencies well there was Probably a friday version.
Speaker 53: As, well, WELL well i mean we wouldn't Get the saturday one that'd been a.
Speaker 2: City ONE oh, i, see okay so you wouldn't have got the one post of the footy down.
Speaker 53: Through THERE oh i, DON'T know i don't.
Speaker 2: Think, So, no well it goes back a. Long way, you Know That. Sporting globe what was the date that it had. On there jake, goes back what to thebout before the but the nineteen twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Or, something, Oh.
Speaker 53: Oh i'm only, eighty nine so It'll, BE oh I suppose i'll, be young young girls will go.
Speaker 14: To school just.
Speaker 2: Having a look at, the details so it would have been so. It started the first was Published In Victoria The sporting globe from nineteen twenty two and went right through until.
Speaker 8: Ninety six, maybe, right yeah.
Speaker 2: Done by The Held, Weekly times Flint the Street And. Russell, Street initially saturday edition was two. Pence Tappens the wednesday edition. Was threepence the introduction Of the wednesday edition of the paper also widenings coverage, beyond sport acquiring the Subtle, A, Journalist sports Stage. And screen during twenty four it dropped the subtitle returned to purely. Covering sport there.
Speaker 53: You go great history and the other subject talking about what?
Speaker 8: You, wore yes men used to have.
Speaker 2: Sock, suspenders, oh yes that WOULD link i.
Speaker 53: THINK of i don't know whether anyone wrong on you in the family, wore them especially for. Special occasions, you know the man got dressed up to go to lodge or or something where they really had to have the clip collars and sleeves and your garthers on your sleeve or whatever they were.
Speaker 2: Called it did you have people in your family that went?
Speaker 53: To lodge it, Was YEAH and I think i had an uncle that used to belong To the.
Speaker 2: Masonic lodge they would get all dressed up on a, REGULAR basis i think.
Speaker 13: Vaguely, REMEMBER.
Speaker 53: Oh i can't think now who, they WERE but i can remember seeing the. Sock suspenders they wore them under the knee the end of the league and badness suspender hadn't done because they didn't have elastic.
Speaker 13: Top, shops no of course they.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have so what you're, Telling, is marlene that the idea of blokes wearing suspenders goes back a long. Long way oh.
Speaker 53: Yeah it socks didn't with no elastic tops. On them they used to creep down to your ankle sort. Of things so and you would see beers skin between the top.
Speaker 2: Of, yourself yeah and there's nothing that was, a no na. It was and there's nothing worse than when you've got long pans and for whatever reason, you shop you've a socks fall down and you've got this massive gap between the end of your trouser leg and.
Speaker 8: Your, shoe yeah, That's.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh jee i'd forgotten. About that. It's. Fantastic brleine that is. Really, good hey it's great to talk. To you look, After. Yourself Marlene, thanks matte thanks good. On, you bye, thanks mate, SHE said i. Love It the place Of the sun is. Coming up it is a serial episode number. Twenty nine if you would like to join us the other side of the news coming up top of, the hour you'll. Do it we'll have a look what the papers are doing. As well one double three six. Nine Three i'm. Tony McManus it's a. Straighter ovenar, good morning, come off drop it. In there it is little early. Morning sacks lily, was here great piece. Of music how's? The guitar talking to? Each other we've got the news at the top of, the air coming up, to four coming up to Two, in wua coming up to us Three In. South australia good morning to each. And everyone if you'd love to be part of, the PROGRAM and i hope, you do we need some calls the other side of the news, at four we'll look at the papers and you can have. Your say one double three six Nine three good, morning.
Speaker 34: Now this Is a Stradia over Night with tony mcma.
Speaker 2: Wherever you have Right. Around australia great to have you on Board For. Australia overnight the question comes up from time to time about the merits or it to otherwise of a co ed as opposed to a single what's The word i'm, Looking for jay for, you know just girls and boys in. Separate, schools well there's the co ed version and then there's the, single file not a? Single file what's the expression when you were just a single something. Or other it'll come back to me in just, a moment you Know what i'm, Saying though and so the idea and it's in the papers again this morning as to what. WORKS. BEST. E g i had the pleasure of pretty much having the first four or five years of senior school in an all. Boys school it. Was fantastic fun wasn't great NOW that i was writing the book, About, it no it. Wasn't great it was, Very good it. Wasn't great life really begun moving Out of dealer and then Going To taylor's college in years eleven, and twelve and that really made you feel quite grown up for a range.
Speaker 3: OF.
Speaker 2: Reasons a you were out of the, school uniform so it was really just having to wear a suit and tie to school like a, very young upstart, BUSINESS person i guess in. That sense but it was quite empowering us, my recollection and you got to meet and hang out with people of the, opposite sex which is pretty much a normal part, of life and it was. Really engaging it. Was fun and some of the FRIENDS that i have today were people WITH whom i had. The play you're meeting and working with. Years Later From taylor's college and then studying a Bit At William anglis college and, all that and it. Goes on so the QUESTION that i have for you is what School around australia did you go to and was it co ed or? To otherwise now there are great schools Right, around Australia so i'd like to hear how it was for you in terms of, your education your senior, school education not the primary school because the primary school is a, BIT different. I think but when you get, to that, you know, twelve, thirteen fourteen fifteen, year old what is the? Best model what was the best model? For you was it always good to go to a Single sex THAT'S what i was. Looking for single sex school as opposed to the. Co ed we'll get some calls one double three six nine three the. Machete band the machete band will stop machete at times and have a. Major impact text ending in seven eight one goes on to, say said, no one look it is as more you think, about it will the band really make a massive difference to the impact that it should have or ideally. Would have i'm not so. Sure either now capital punishment just call that Winter. In, canberra well if you were talking about nineteen, eighty four well. We're not we were talking about nineteen. Eighty six plenty of room on. The board you'll get through. Straight away particularly what school did you go to and what model do you think is best going forward?
Speaker 31: For?
Speaker 3: You then?
Speaker 2: And ford now single sex schools or?
Speaker 7: Co ed what was?
Speaker 2: Your experience one double three six nine three MARKIS morning?
Speaker 17: I go.
Speaker 13: WHERE did? I go let ME THINK quitchi i Went to quitch your high school Over. And tazzy then when we moved, BACK here i Went to colfield CHO and i had To do form four and.
Speaker 9: Yeah that.
Speaker 10: WAS it i, was anyway what did?
Speaker 2: You study what'd you study? OF tics? A?
Speaker 13: TICK uh i had to avoid had. Avoid work.
Speaker 2: How did that work out?
Speaker 31: For you are?
Speaker 13: PRETTY good i never went to play, a car never had to do a foreign, language car so You.
Speaker 2: Didn't you never learned another language A.
Speaker 13: Just, australian yeah that's ACTUALLY when i went down to car. Like that but are you not how many pairs of orange aprils came to going down and?
Speaker 2: Coming back there would have, been plenty over.
Speaker 13: Two, hundred yeah over.
Speaker 2: Two hundred it's a, real, uniform now.
Speaker 24: Isn't, it uh it's, just ridiculous.
Speaker 13: Smart on.
Speaker 25: YOU know.
Speaker 13: I don't want to get in it, too politically but it's going to affect ME because i was told volunteer firefighters. Or exempt. They're not we get lumbered with this stupid tax on top of the other tax that goes.
Speaker 31: With the insurance, of course.
Speaker 53: And just one to.
Speaker 13: Finish with, you know you get an old macha when your back goes out more than.
Speaker 2: You, do yeah that's a very. Good point. Thank you you're absolutely right. About that good on your make always good. To chat i'd love to get some calls about the same sex schools in the papers. Again today i'll talk about that in just. A moment but the what was your experience same sex school as opposed to single sex school one double three six nine three one double three six nine three or the CO ed i big your pardon co school as opposed to single sex schools one double three six. Nine through be fascinated to find out where you went Anywhere In, south australia ANYWHERE in wa and certainly Here. In victoria come and let us know your experience about co ed it's well untorily in. The news we'll do this when we come back to your calls for how long will we? BE working i guess at some point we've all asked that question that held some today, baby boomers the last Gen of australians that feel semi confident about being able, to retire with younger people saying that they're going to have to work a. Lot longer baby into. The, Seventies, now jay you are a younger person you would expect to work for?
Speaker 22: How Long look i'm in for another thirty or, forty years.
Speaker 2: Which will take you into your. Late, sixties well thank you, very much.
Speaker 22: That's, NICE yes i.
Speaker 52: Think, SO no i think you'd be pushing through To, the well, let's see my dad was around about sixty five when.
Speaker 2: He, finished yeah that was that was. For blokes that was about. The time and the IDEA was i think the grandmother used to say, to me marry someone as, a woman marry somebody as six, years younger because you can retire about the. Same time blokes will retire around about sixty five in, those days and then your wife would retire about the same time.
Speaker 14: At.
Speaker 52: Sixty, yeah well my wife is very Happy that i'm older than, she IS so i don't know what's.
Speaker 22: In that maybe she wants.
Speaker 2: Better, RETIRE really i. Don't know have you got the plans in place to be able to? Do that that's. A question THE reason i asked new data at least by people too people seven percent Of gen z's eight percent of millennials believe that they will one day be able. To retire that's. Not many the outlook is so grim for three and five ozsies even Think young australians, will never never be able to stop Working something Most younger australians. Agree with People to people HEAD of hr says the data should be a way up Call. For australians younger jens aren't just, justing expectations they're preparing for the reality of, working longer. Working, longer yeah it's a real issue. For many so the Question that i'd put to you is in what what age were you when? You retired what age were you when? You retired how did? That workout did you? Miss? It one, double three six? Nine three and the other one is what school did you go to in? Senior school and was it co ed or was it a single? Sex school what was? The distinction what did? You prefer was it advantage? Or disadvantage hashtag discussed one, double three six? Nine three lots of text get a single gender or? Single? Sex cheers great show Was, Always steve thank You, In sydney well. Done you let's Go to Louis In, adelaide morning.
Speaker 31: GOOD morning i went to a boys school at A compart.
Speaker 2: Louis? Was it was? It good you went right through.
Speaker 31: Right so well first when you, stands one two, and three and then book the part to tation in, college.
Speaker 2: Yeah and Then To. Solution. College yeah but.
Speaker 31: The other priest or pair. Of volves, BUT anyway i told Boy after francis written apologies from, the school that's what.
Speaker 3: They did well will You?
Speaker 2: Hurt, LOUIS.
Speaker 31: Mentally i was BECAUSE if, peti three you can take your close off you you won't know if He, has, yeah yeah and that was absolutely wrong what he said. To me and he was there for a, long time, You.
Speaker 2: Know louis did you did you take it? To authorities did you report it when you? Were little did you did you feel you could tell anybody about? It then when you?
Speaker 22: WERE little i, told.
Speaker 31: Him told that the even when lad Off But john paul as well, about it and the Actually ship i've got no written apology from the score. At all and when they ran out, of boys they had, all girls. You know and we went to six at all SCHOOL and i only found OUT when i went to A METHODS but i, turned, out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 31: You KNOW and i had one good teacher Actually To baran cummingham the footballs were pe teacher then and also The late Felt McDonald's. English teacher he.
Speaker 2: Is a love, with man The Great, brian cunningham who could play a Bit. Of louis he was a real.
Speaker 31: Good, player yeah and in charge Of poor ADELAIDE.
Speaker 22: When i want, to play he was he was in, the chair.
Speaker 31: Wasn't he i've got, his autograph Also Got john saman's autograph and The Late peter Edison and Craggs from South like Pagdi's work Off and Mercuse And colin millers and.
Speaker 2: Some great. Names There, and louis when you, left school given all that you, went through what what did you do?
Speaker 31: In, Life, LOUIS well i APPLYED to i returned the JOBS before I got i've got accepted IN the sos. Teaching courage the NEXT day i got a Job the Bureau, Of Statistics. COMMONS government i was said for fifteen YEARS until i took me into. Leaving, Him well i'm. Sick now the said a will offer was looking for me and she wasn't even in the OFFICE when. I left was two dollars and. The pain all the odds were offered and YOURSELF and. I packages AND after i volunteered for twenty years at The card Dogs And. Massa, justice.
Speaker 3: Yeah there.
Speaker 2: You go i've.
Speaker 31: Been overly i've been. Overseas twice once with my dad when he was alive and a, younger brother Went, To, Singapore, Moscow london netherlands with my auntist my dad come from and ast You in swizland. As well and then in nineteen EIGHTY eight i Went to hawaii.
Speaker 2: By Myself Goo, go louis you've had a pretty. Good life you've had some, tough, times obviously but some joy. AS well i had a lovely chip over In.
Speaker 31: The netherlands and she lived to the and In, two wow.
Speaker 12: THAT'S fairtastic i was born up in an Orphanage.
Speaker 31: At tavern his family and KNOW where. I LIVE and i haven't came with an air for one hundred and eighty. One days at THE time i go To a. Talsett meeting, YOU know i read in the paper there Over, in victoria over four hundred people every year.
Speaker 2: Commit, Suicide, OH louis i know it's. A tragedy i'm going to love you and leave, You, there louis but you make sure because YOU and i were great Friends With, bob francis. Weren't WE and i used to love beinging, Up, Also, peter yeah. Of Course.
Speaker 31: Now i've got. A record I'll come ernie pick me. As well.
Speaker 2: Record At erdie sigley. Real, Good, Hey, Hey. Paula louis keep in touch with, the program and thank you for your contribution. This morning louis There, In adelaide so that's what's on. The agenda come and. Join us what school did you go to and when did? You retire how old were you when? You retired did you were you're in a position where you could, retire early and then in your retirement what did you? Then do because people often say, to me busier now than BEFORE when i, Was working way busier now THAN when i. Was working what did you do in your so? Called? Retirement, one, double three six? Nine three and how old were you when? You retired in? Those days because according to were, the papers, most people most of the young people feel that they could still be going well and truly into. Their, seventies vern, good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning and the four bloke in, The, carriage.
Speaker 2: Jay he's doing a. Good. Job vern he works behind that glass and does a. Beautiful, job oh he does a really. Good job he's, a beautiful. Beautiful man he's a. Very Beautiful Senner, donald trump he's a. Beautiful man he's, a beautiful.
Speaker 14: Beautiful don't get, too card don't Get, too anyway my friend went to the doctor and he had all these flake spots on.
Speaker 31: His back, and.
Speaker 14: Anyway the doctor looked at him and he checked me out and, he says so.
Speaker 20: There'll.
Speaker 14: Be nine, he, goes no you're. Absolutely WRONG when i looked in. The mirror there'll be.
Speaker 26: Ten.
Speaker 14: Anyway paddy there's, the boat the boat that sashages you off as a Boat. Called tony he's not, really clever but he's got twenty twenty two up. His Sleeve but i'll tell, You, what paddy you you'll, get him don't don't worry.
Speaker 8: About that you'll get.
Speaker 14: Him tomorrow good on.
Speaker 2: Your mate you're a good man and you look. After, yourself okay see look cover bye one double three six nine Three, and neil good morning, To you thank you for. Joining us no, worry.
Speaker 27: Extinding good morning, to you just. A quickie i won't worry about the skilled STUFF because i wasn't. ANY good i left well to Leave when i've got an undrum.
Speaker 2: For you if you want to know we love anund go throw it up into.
Speaker 27: The audience It's what i've thrown up To the audience's a glass.
Speaker 54: Of water four glass of.
Speaker 27: Water on top of the fifty dollars, note right, so yeah they put the full glass of water on top of the fifty dollar, note yeah on top of the glass for the fifty post on the ad a ring to, sub, balances, right okay without touching the glass and without the fifty cent coin, falling in get the fifty dollar note out and drink the glass down one quarter of the glass without touching. The glass they get the fifty dollar note out from under the glass, of water drink it down one quarter without touching the glass or the fifty dollar note or the fifty. Morning added.
Speaker 40: Oh, oh good one of the good one to do it a pup.
Speaker 2: To, Do yeah so let me get, this, right jaye did you get the gist of. All that so you've got the glass. Of water it's a full like a? Pot? Glass?
Speaker 30: Eh yeah?
Speaker 2: What glass and that's that's and, that's filled filled to, the brim filled to. The brim and then you get a fifty and that's sitting on a fifty dollar.
Speaker 27: Note yep or one hundred whatever you want.
Speaker 2: To, do well let's, let well let's call it a fifty. Dollar notes you get the fifty dollar, note there you put the glass of, water there and you get a fifty cent. Piece yep is it a round fifty cent piece or it can be the d of, the one and you lean that against on the on the fifty pound note up against.
Speaker 27: The, Glass no so you put the fifty coin on the top of the glass on, the ring, you know so it's balancing on the on.
Speaker 2: The, rim, Okay right so, lord gee is that easy. To do you'd spend a lot of time just trying to get, that right.
Speaker 27: Wouldn't, you yeah you can just sit that, on there just balance, on there and then you drink the glass down a porter without the coin falling into the glass or there touching.
Speaker 2: The glass can you use? A, straw.
Speaker 39: Well you've got to.
Speaker 27: Get you've got to get the fifty dollars mody out in front of.
Speaker 2: The glass, All, right neil have you told the great man the other side of the glass what the solution to that little?
Speaker 27: Test Is but i'll tell him and then see if you get anyone to come.
Speaker 2: In, beautiful well don't. Keep listening i'll put you Back. To jay you can give him. The answer one double three six.' nine three so you, got the picture you get the, fifty dollar note you get one, hundred dollar note the full. Glass of water you sit there there and your balance of fifty cent coin rim, and the glass and you've got to drink some, of the water and then somehow you've got to get the. Fifty. DOLLAR note ME i think i just knocked the, whole thing over grabbed the fifty and. Do a runner one double three six Y nine. Three solution solutions radio solutions used to be, an old. Thing, didn't it yes, we'll do, This thank you we'll do this and see even. Get a response one double three. Six nine three come, And Join. Me tony Mack this. Is australia overnight just while we're waiting for the calls to come in to see if there's any it looks like there's not One person in australia listening THROUGH five Double a and adelaide Six pr in perth three Ow, here IN melbourne the aceh radio network That. Has any ida how? That might work it. Was a topic it was a. Conundrum put out i've got, no idea either but if you reckon you have you'll get. Through straight away one double three. Six nine through the other question that we? Asked is school what school did? You go to and the model was best co ed and or single strain was the. Other expression TOO that's what i. Was looking. FOR it's interesting i get tired sometimes and then? The woods disappeared has that ever? Happened to? You does me one double three six nine three might BE retiring BEFORE i thought i. Would as well Front Page, of the age have a look at this feared outlaw biking gang disturbing linked to a spate of Fire bombings targeting, victorian construction firms with victims calling on the labor governed to ramp up its response to the violence dogging of the state's building. Industry full stop so the commentiro, outlaw biking gang listed by federal authorities as one of the nation's highest, priority criminal organizations has both direct and indirect links to several of the arson attacks and stand over tactics directed towards the At least seven melbourne construction firms over the. Past Eighteen Months ouch construction industry inside is speaking and honestily due to the, fear of retribution said they Had told the age they feed further attacks and the police had privately told them the detectives were struggling to determine who was ultimately behind the wave of. Violence and intimidation, here we are and it's it's the great year of, twenty twenty five and there are still those sorts of concerns when we could all have a joyous life together if we all agreed that it can be done and, not about greed should. Be about Agreement, glenn, in melbourne, Tag. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Morny?
Speaker 53: How Are?
Speaker 2: You oh, glenn you know, a Bit weary but, i'll be. Fine, thank you.
Speaker 9: Okay what?
Speaker 15: You're doing here the note you're rolling up.
Speaker 54: In the straw as you're rolling.
Speaker 44: It up pushes a glass of then you use the, note to.
Speaker 19: Drink, to drink.
Speaker 2: Ah there it. Is well done so you've got to think outside. The proverbial square that. Could, Be one no i've.
Speaker 8: Done it before?
Speaker 2: Cover is it is it? A, Party, Trick.
Speaker 44: Well jess but you've got to think about it for a little while, and then yeah.
Speaker 2: Now it's done so You've got the so how Do you l are you laying out the fifty dollar note in?
Speaker 38: The?
Speaker 2: First, place flat yes and that flat glass is.
Speaker 44: Sitting on top you're rolling that up. In, the straw yeah around the nation you're rolling it up and pushing. The glass off then you put that in the. Glass and, streak oh right.
Speaker 2: Okay with you so you're putting your mouth around the. Fifty dollar.
Speaker 19: Note that's right it doesn't matter, what's that mate because it's worth got in your bott.
Speaker 2: There's your. PROMO just there i, would have, Thought, thank you, Glenn, excellent work. Billy good morning.
Speaker 13: How?
Speaker 1: ARE you, Going, I, don't billy, well thank you.
Speaker 49: And he's done he's got. It all wrong you've got to have, two, fifty, paces, yes yes, yes that's it and you run your fingers down the two fifty paces down the side, of the glass so you're not. Touching. The, Glass ah yes so you've got to have two, fifty cent? Paces, Not one.
Speaker 2: Right and so what advantage does? That give you because you're still whilst you're not touching the, glass, per se, right.
Speaker 49: That's right you're not. Touching the glass you are touching the fifty cent paces and you can and you just slide the two fifty paces down with your your thumb and your indack spinner and you're not actually touching the glass and you drink the water and. Then fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: And so how do you drink the water by lifting the glass presumably but still holding a fifty cents on either side, Of, the glass yes.
Speaker 49: With your index fender.
Speaker 19: And your.
Speaker 2: THUMB very good i hope that's going to go home straight home this morning and give. That, a try.
Speaker 49: Billy that's outdoe but you made two fifty paces not and you're better off with two twenty paces with a lot Of easier.
Speaker 2: Do, Thank, you hey billy, speaking from experience. Yes very much i'm loving. Your work. There thank you is it a good e?
Speaker 3: Bit, an oldie ah.
Speaker 49: It's, very old yeah.
Speaker 2: You have not, seen it done not heard, Of, it before billy thank. You For, That, in horsham, Andrew good morning.
Speaker 30: GOOD morning honey i sent you an email a week, or TWO ago and i just wondered whether your listeners will be interested in the History Of the. Wimmer maley pipeline.
Speaker 2: I'm, Sure, we Would andrew and i'm. Glad, you're there. Oh FORGIVE me did i reply?
Speaker 46: To?
Speaker 2: The, EMAIL oh.
Speaker 30: Look, i don't, know doesn't matter but do you?
Speaker 8: Remember reading?
Speaker 2: IT or look i get twenty five to fifty A day, and i yeah, Of, course no andrew you'll have.
Speaker 31: To, forgive, me no please.
Speaker 30: There's nothing there. BUT don't worry i just wondered how many of your listeners are really aware of.
Speaker 22: What happened there so when you are, we talking now.
Speaker 30: You remember when we had the ten years of below rainfall and the. Detail was, built of course was back in The Days when John Howard, was prime minister and we had a, Local Member. Here john forrest. He was fantastic he. Was really good he wasn't a great media, man or, anything but yeah he was an engineer by trade and our federal member and he pushed and pushed and pushed to get. This thing built because the water that we were getting on stock and domestic was all open channel and it was.
Speaker 31: Very low levels and it.
Speaker 30: Was, rubbish water anyway they built this pipeline or pipelines that went right Through the wimrom maley area and the northern areas Came from the murray and the southern areas Came. From the grampians and now we've got this wonderful supply of water stock and domestic and. It's just, FANTASTIC it goes i believe. It a lot the pipes go nearly. That every paddy. It's just place we've got. Eight tapping pints it's. Just absolutely fantastic, and of course now with the water the, way it is but we just turn, the tap on we've got this beautiful, water for, stock for spraying, for the. Garden for everything. It's just fantastic thousands and thousands and miles of plastic pipes were put in the ground and you probably would never be able to, achieve it today but what. A fantastic achievement it was well TO our local Mp and finally john how it got on board and, it was done and it was done quickly and just proved what could Be done in australia if we want.
Speaker 2: To, DO things yeah i think that's. A GOOD point and i know The boys In breakfast At ross and russell Three at, w bricky yesterday we're alluding to that about how we given that there is, so much water certainly North of the victorian border that why haven't we Been able to and the same thing a, similar situation too, by The way in way where all the water is north of The state and perth. Not so much why haven't we been able to build those great pipelines to guarantee that, there is Water certainly in melbourne And. Certainly in, PERTH.
Speaker 33: Oh well, i.
Speaker 30: Don't know but. This was done it was just it's the best thing that happened in my fifty. Year farming career.
Speaker 2: It's just terrific what's the feeling about where, You? Are now andrew in terms of what you're hearing for most of that half of the Great. State of victoria what's the feeling for what terms of water and the drought and how devastating this particularly south of.
Speaker 15: Where, you are yeah well.
Speaker 30: We're still waiting we're still hoping, a little rain but little g getting a.
Speaker 2: Bit, shaky now yeah and a little bit of dust around too over the last, couple of days to.
Speaker 30: Say, the least yeah from a lot of That Came. FROM south AUSTRALIA i think. I, did anyway yeah but.
Speaker 2: We Can't Blame. The south australia it's purely. For the, dust.
Speaker 30: AND yeah can i just briefly mention the emergency leg please you do, camp very brief just a very Quick readly wreck now in twenty and twenty four we're on just underd fifty four. Dollars a week in, twenty twenty six that's going to two eighty.
Speaker 19: Nine. A.
Speaker 2: Week, Yeah, wow anyway andrew it's always good to. Talk to. You thank you I'M sorry if i didn't reply. To that email My, humbred, apologies andrew.
Speaker 30: Please, no, apology no no no thanks anyway for putting me on.
Speaker 2: Good only. MATE thank you I do as i promise PEOPLE that when i get an email and sometimes if you're setting four. OR five emails i don't, reply to everyone but certainly if you, Send an email i'm happy, to do that to read. It and reply and the emails are really quite extraordinary because you get this insight into the lives of people listeners from around the, world quite Off certainly around australia and often. Around the world enjoined me the other side one double three. SIX nine three i think we've, nailed that. Conundrum haven't we we've got the result there two coins down. The, other side. Bang trigger done off you go and if you go, on your way you have done a. Really good job and take fifty long, telling you well You live in queensland and it's a. Really good place we're Going. In queens lighton i'm telling you we'll do this when we come back at Your calls. For Australia overnight jimmy zabo will be here just after the news coming up top OF.
Speaker 25: The r.
Speaker 2: J just if we, get a moment have a look for me as to whether or Not, Countries like Germany england and france now. HAVE travel warnings i hope this is not right now have travel Warnings about Visiting melbourne and. Victoria in general just see if you. Can affirm that, if it's true that's got to Be, A disturbing Germany england and france all have travel Warnings. For visiting australia well one double three, Six Nine, three young, Kenny good, Morning.
Speaker 8: Good, morning tony mac.
Speaker 33: My girl buddy, how, Are?
Speaker 2: You mate kenny i'm sensationally well and hoping you.
Speaker 8: Are, The same, yes tony mc you KNOW or saying i told you.
Speaker 2: My best buddy because we've been talking on the radio for a, Few, years now?
Speaker 8: Kenny, Haven't, WE now tony i heard A school called southian.
Speaker 2: That's. The one now how many years? Ago?
Speaker 38: Was?
Speaker 2: That kenny uh?
Speaker 8: COUPLE years ago a? Couple years ago because not? That long, ago LONG ago BECAUSE i was i was, only, only okay twelve let's.
Speaker 2: Go, that's right yes.
Speaker 8: Because It's.
Speaker 19: Called.
Speaker 2: Baster school yes and what else is happening?
Speaker 20: In?
Speaker 4: Your?
Speaker 2: World KENNY.
Speaker 8: Uh yesterday i went to by took by to the dog they just like to.
Speaker 2: The dog beach and now was. A, good fan. Yeah that's good how often do you get to?
Speaker 20: The?
Speaker 2: DOG beach kenny i WENT to.
Speaker 8: When I Told, you TODDY mac then I told you i go with a group couple. With, a beauty, yes you do and. YOU love it. I, Love it yeah i've been going with a little bit of bit.
Speaker 2: Before, five years yes five years you've, been, There, now YEAH TODDY and i.
Speaker 8: I know you i know you am your.
Speaker 23: Talk back?
Speaker 8: Guy what they? What they is?
Speaker 31: What they is The?
Speaker 8: First in perth it is the subby for the.
Speaker 2: For the first of, winter is well let me just check on my, calendar FOR you because i have all access. To this information so for the first. Day, of winter yeah so the first day of winter, is coming up which is the First. Day of june is that?
Speaker 48: What?
Speaker 2: You, MEAN yeah yeah i think it Is Coming up this sunday will be the first Day? What, in perth well it's the Same. Everywhere, in, Australia, yes.
Speaker 8: Now planny how is your hell is your lovely little your little, Your, little granddaughter blake.
Speaker 2: That's the one she's you do, A. Good impersonation, kenny she's. Lovely Thank you and sunday is The first of june and that's the first day have Winter. Even, IN perth kenny i?
Speaker 9: Guess what?
Speaker 8: Mate? WHAT'S that member, i, TOLD you mam i told you that my mom my mother, out away.
Speaker 2: Yes you, Did, Mention, that kenny yes some time.
Speaker 8: Ago now yeah now, Mom, died.
Speaker 2: Peg yes, Very, very sad? Kenny wasn't it and then and then.
Speaker 8: Dad had a new shot and.
Speaker 43: Then?
Speaker 8: Dad died yeah and.
Speaker 2: You two boys are, just doing? Okay aren't you if?
Speaker 8: We go?
Speaker 2: Here is okay? Put him, On hey? Buddy hello mate how? You doing it are you? Two?
Speaker 3: Going?
Speaker 2: On okay?
Speaker 13: Yes guess?
Speaker 2: What what's that i'm getting a bonus in my?
Speaker 8: In my page you've got?
Speaker 2: A bonus? Page how MUCH and can? I borrow some i'd like to borrow, a little bit and you let me a. Bit of money i'll give you.
Speaker 8: A few dollars oh that.
Speaker 2: Would be GOOD what could i? Buy with? That these days DO you think? I could race i could race around the McDonald's and maybe, buy some coffee?
Speaker 38: Do?
Speaker 31: You, think yeah okay and?
Speaker 2: Maybe some, fries oh yeah?
Speaker 8: Making freatenening funny that's. Frightening for you.
Speaker 2: Too, funny for me very much. Funny for. Me no fattening, did you? SAY oh sorry i thought you said it. Was, too funny. Yeah too, Fattening, you're right kenny it. Is too, fattening, now Listen listen fellas i'm going to move on because we've got some other. Callers coming through but it's always good to talk. To you both.
Speaker 8: You take care.
Speaker 2: See yea bye their brothers and they're, a bit special. But they're. Fantastic, Laura Morning.
Speaker 21: Hello hello tony where?
Speaker 42: Have?
Speaker 14: You, been okay oh could be.
Speaker 55: A bit better. I call Something i think i'm catching these things from this ice CARE place because i go. There, every, Day yeah anyway i've had scabies of. What you, do, but anyway yes there's always somebody with from where the section. My mother's At there's always they've always got this hygiene paraphernalia one or. Other door, that But anyway yesterday i'll tell you what they were going to give my mother panadol because, she was itchy REALLY and truly i don't know IF she had sa scaby is going. Around it again but you know what they do is they do not, defer to me who's there on the. Ground, EVERY day right i could have. Said them straight they just ring up my brother who's been out, of the picture like he comes in like handful of. TIMES every year i come, in every day but. They do not they've removed me as her. NEXT of kids i cannot make any medical decisions. On her behalf they've given.
Speaker 2: It over, to my brother who makes who's? Made that decision is that you? Making? That, decision oh, No, no.
Speaker 55: Way no, it's the management because they do not like anybody who to fear in whatever they. Want to do that's what it basically. Bores down, to but anyway it is, such a. Crazy CRAZY place if i had a more convenient place, to put her and just a lot of places, have closed down these careless facilities. In this area and the only reason she's still there after six and a half years is because. IT'S very convenient i Could go past coles. And all words. It's very convenient that's basically. The only reason but REALLY and truly i cannot understand how any how that the confidence there is. ABSOLUTELY mind blowing i can tell you is, Because, of.
Speaker 2: Why laura is that a lack of staff or of training or why? Do, YOU feel well.
Speaker 55: I Don't know they i'd play the majority. Absolutely, The income boops i'm. Not being nasty i'm. Just they're not they're just.
Speaker 2: Not all give me an example, when you say give me an example of how you were characterize that or what? Do they say what do they do that with? Would you disagree they can see that.
Speaker 55: She's she's. Scratching she's itchy she's, even saying itchy itchy that they want to. Give a, peddle.
Speaker 19: You know she may.
Speaker 55: EVEN have scapies. I don't know they haven't done any. Testing on her but so has she not?
Speaker 2: Seen a doctor do they not have does she not, have you know the ability to. See, a doctor ah they're part.
Speaker 55: OF the problem i wouldn't say, They're second mate, i'd, SAY that sorry.
Speaker 2: I missed that so doctors are part.
Speaker 31: Of the problem the.
Speaker 55: Doctors who, SERVICE these facilities i think they're part of the problem really because, tell you what they are. VERY ordinary individuals i don't know where they.
Speaker 2: Get them from but, it, seems that well law are there doctors They, Practice in victoria. They practice Medicine so it's i'm just wondering why why you would dismiss them. On that basis you can't assume that.
Speaker 55: They're all poor surely we need a doctor to ascertain that she's. Got a niche she's, not, in pain, really and truly. This happens commonly if, she calls out, She, cries out oh she must.
Speaker 20: Be, in pain no she was.
Speaker 37: Just very.
Speaker 55: Itchy, she suffers look they gave her a shower about. Two months ago really and truly that was about the last time she.
Speaker 2: Had a shower, You're kidding me you.
Speaker 3: Were.
Speaker 2: Kidding, me no true you're saying that your mother in a care home has not had a bath. Or A, shower in europe. Can't have bath you hasn't had a shower for. Maybe eight weeks that's.
Speaker 55: True because she's got dressings. On her legs when she's got dressings, on her legs they do not give. Them a shower they just get a towel, with hot water just wipe them down in. About thirty seconds. That's about it this is. Absolutely what happens thirty seconds to, wipe, them down quick wipe down with a well and in a bit. Of hot. Water that's. It it's true, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not joking laura. This is dreadful have you spoken to?
Speaker 5: The?
Speaker 2: Management, there oh.
Speaker 55: Yeah what can you never get undivided, Attention from this.
Speaker 53: But they don't they're very.
Speaker 55: Casual, about complaints yeah. They, know you look twenty two inquiries we've had, into, aged care right it's about as many Years And one royal, commission, and truly. Truly.
Speaker 2: Very vague Laura i'm fortunate i've got, to LEAVE you but i find. It really disturbing if what you're, saying IS true and i don't hesitate, TO say that i. HOPE it's not i hope. It's not true but, if it is that. Is just dreadful what? IS the answer i guess? Is the question we throw open one double three six' nine. Three six pr, listeners you leave us will look forward to. Your company here tonight have plenty of. Room for your. Calls the other side games, in the news room keeping. Us up to date other. Side Of the news jimmy zabo FROM The three. A w drive program, Question, of the.
Speaker 34: Morning Now This is Australia open. Eyes, with tony McManus.
Speaker 2: Jimmy It must. Be your Wednesday Morning that Means Jimmy zabo from JACKIE Felgates three. At w, Drive, Program good morning.
Speaker 28: Jimmy, Good Morning. To you tony mac it's always great to hear Your voice. On, a wednesday morning well.
Speaker 2: Hell has freezen over we spoke about it on the program just a, couple of mornings, ago where we thought is that one of the all time great Titles Of An. Album hell freezes over.
Speaker 28: It WOULD have, to be i reckon. That's the NUMBER one and am i mistaken in saying that that? Was nineteen ninety four it was.
Speaker 2: A very good year i know you're going to say that it was. A, very, good, year.
Speaker 46: Yes yes yes that.
Speaker 28: Was my birth year.
Speaker 3: Arrives In The.
Speaker 2: World called jimmy's.
Speaker 28: Correct what were you doing in nineteen ninety Four? Listening, to the beatles well.
Speaker 2: At that stage newborn number two and firstborn was probably, three and a half so it was. A pretty chaotic time nineteen Ninety FOUR and Five, double a in adelaide one, of our, sister stations of Course For the Program What's Happening In your world Jimmy's abo on this wednesday morning here at, three out w.
Speaker 8: Well a.
Speaker 28: Few things you know i'm ALWAYS busy and sometimes i scroll THROUGH some emails and i Find SOME interesting garda and i, thought I'D ask you because i often come, to, you for advice sir what advice would you give to somebody entering adulthood from maybe age eighteen or, Even eighteen to thirty because some new datas come out right And nearly half of australian's age eighteen to thirty feel. Unprepared for adult life so seventy two percent of them they feel overwhelmed by basic task like cooking and cleaning and doing laundry and those just adult tasks that they've never. Had To do before and i'd like to, ask you some advice but. Also A secondary question can i ask you please what adult tasks do? You actually enjoy doing because my number one. IS mowing the lawns i actually get a real kick out.
Speaker 2: Of, Mowing the law yeah i'm with, you on that one just to get to behind the victor and whip it over and. Make it look, smart, it's a clean comfortable get, rid of the cuttings and you sort of feel as if you've. Achieved, something, REASONABLY quickly yeah.
Speaker 28: Yeah i love it that's. Probably my, favorite one but yeah what piece of advice would you give to those people are struggling and they? Get a bit overwhelmed and? What would you say what's the what's the number one piece of advice that?
Speaker 30: You'd?
Speaker 28: Give, to somebody eighteen.
Speaker 2: Well there's a great old song that, goes way way back welled to get a little, Dirt ON your hands, and i think metaphorically you've really got to get in there, and have a crack which means you've got to learn how to. Use a vacuum cleaner you've got to put your hands into the idea of working with flour and butter and maybe make yourself a. Great batch of scones and here's the thing. That we really love. Pick up your dishes don't leave them on the sink for your. Mother or your father put, them into the sink rinse and, or here's the thing put. Them in the dishwasher really give. You am a break and it. Sort of, starts there you know, just those little things so that. You from little things see as long if, you know the. Words big things grow and so just doing those little things that prepares you when you get, into your own flat or as, the kids say today happen if you get into your own flat early and you're out there and you're living the, Life, of you know riley just have a good fun and you. Know what, to do you know you've got. To clean the house you know you're going to. Look after the guard you've probably got to. Cook yourself, A meal.
Speaker 28: That's right you've got. To DO those things and i reckon you suck it up, and just do it and that's the. BEST way to learn a couple OF the tasks THAT i actually enjoy i. MENTIONED mowing the lawn i don't mind, taking the, BINS out you.
Speaker 8: KNOW i don't know i.
Speaker 28: Don't mind that one filling up the CAR is. ONE that i enjoy i don't. Mind doing, flat packs you know they're very overwhelming SOMETIMES when you go i care and you, get YOUR furniture out and i actually enjoyed. Doing the flat packs do you like? DOING the flat pack i?
Speaker 2: Love doing, flat pack.
Speaker 1: Come on flat packs we love.
Speaker 2: Doing the, flat packs in fact when as soon as, you mentioned, the, brand ike no no it always. Resembles really hard, work we love them but it resembles a challenge. EACH and every time i think the idea, back in the day long before you, were brought as kids we would have like. An incinerator at home yea no. Longer a thing now your mum and dad would, Have had, An, incinerator i'm sure jimmy where you'd put all the leaves and all the stuff in and you'd have these Massive burnoffs. On a sunday afternoon people, would do their lawns sweep up all, the leaves during, autumn put them, in dry them out and put them. Into this big incinerator you might have a streetline of twenty eight houses all doing the incineration. At, THE same time. God i miss it that.
Speaker 28: Would have, been good that's SEE that's a TASK i reckon that i would. Have enjoyed as, well the one thing what's your number one thing that you hate? Other than flat packs because my one is wrestling a fitted. SHEET on the mattress i hate putting the fitted. Sheet on a mattress it is. MY number one thing i cannot stand doing the bed sheets and the fitted. SHEET on the mattress i. Just hate doing it what's you? What's, your number one yeah.
Speaker 2: Big chick on that it can, be a bit clunky and there are some people. Who do IT effortlessly you and i may not be wort to do putting the dishes back after, the aforementioned dish washer to put them back. Into their right place and you know what happens after two days and you, realize that you, haven't or more importantly somebody in the shared house realizes that wasn't. In the right place you hear about it, twenty four hours later, forty eight hours later after you've forgotten, you've done. It, anyway exactly.
Speaker 28: Right no that's right it's better not to do it in the end if you're. Going, to copy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah and often. You do copy it. It's a great topic why don't we throw it, open. To the audience jimmy'sbo so the question is what is it that you sort of loved to doing around and what would you what advice would you give to an eighteen plus to, set them, up on you know in a pretty. Good, course, for Life Yes yes with jackie felgate. This Afternoon, from three jimmy zabo what Do? You, Got in stall well riche is Back. And so it's jackie she. Was sick last week She had. A correct you know richo's back and he'll be talking about. Things other than forty but we also ask him, a few footy questions and we might Ask HIM. About THE mighty ds because.
Speaker 28: I know you're here up and a doubt and you're already looking for. YOUR grand final TICKET.
Speaker 2: I think we i. THINK it's a seat i Think it's a certain, now no it's. Not But, it's good jimmy zabo. Thank you for that we'll talk. To you next week have a Great Program with the jackie felge three w, from three this afternoon. Your calls coming up what are the challenges for young people that you? Would make a recommendation one double. Three six nine three It's All. Part OF australia overnight when i was a little boy and my daddy used, to say to me so.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of big plans and a lot of hard. Work to be done, go get your marbles put, them in the house dear down your. Castles in the sand.
Speaker 47: Come when you're pappy doing the cotton that a little dirt on you get a.
Speaker 2: Little on the hands here's, the one for me. Which is just fantastic everybody you will ever meet. Knows something you don't everyone you will ever meet. Knows something you. Don't implivize this one it's just as interested in talking to and getting to know people like a CAR mechanic as a vip. Of, a big company learn strive to learn something from each and. Every person you meet it will take. Your calls as well what advice would you? Have for teenagers today one double. Three six nine three as we get a little, lord on the hands left the country for the city man and a, sticker with a sheet and we're all looking for that, stress free version one double. Three six nine three advice for, myself as a teenager that's. An interesting one too advice for yourself if you're a teenager, when you, notice that excuse me, in order to produce you must obtain permission for. Those, who produce, Nothing, Yeah it's, True david, Good. Morning Good.
Speaker 26: MORNING tony the Army i joined The army and the. ARMY changed my. Life i was nineteen was that.
Speaker 2: At your discretion, Or the. Government's discression no.
Speaker 26: Decision it was a NINETY seventy seven and i needed A future and the army.
Speaker 8: Gave me that future how, Long?
Speaker 2: DID you serve david, i only served.
Speaker 26: Three but it's the three best. Years of my, life set me up set Me up for, what i'm doing now.
Speaker 2: Which is a business and you don't think you would have got there with, That, THAT three.
Speaker 26: Years no i don't not with the discipline and just all my skills that you need if you haven't got. Them in the military It's, Not Just, the Army.
Speaker 20: Air force the.
Speaker 26: Navy just do it.
Speaker 2: You'll never regret, It, TELL you what david i reckon we could do with a bit more of that now were. Community, at the moment yes.
Speaker 26: Every young person should spend at least a year. No going to war just get in The Army or the Air force or the navy and, learn for a year come out a much better person than. When You, went in h.
Speaker 2: Well there could be. Another movement towards, That. Watch this space David. Thank, You As sam. Hello, Tony max Speaking.
Speaker 40: Hi good morning tony my grandson turned fifteen yesterday and we would send a. Message by my daughter what advice would you give yourself if you could meet yourself? At, fifteen YEARS old, yeah and i said if you're happy with your, life at the Moment then that. Was crez for you so listen to the ones and listen to the one that trust, and love, you most, your cares your parents.
Speaker 2: Whoever, That MAY be yeah and i think that that really nails it. In, many ways, Too, sam thank, You, Dale, good morning, Yes dale go ahead. We've, Got, you there hi oh.
Speaker 54: THERE we go mate i think it's. A bit of pride i think a lot of kids nowadays don't take pride.
Speaker 25: In what they do they just.
Speaker 54: Go through the motions if you take a bit of pride, in what you're doing whether, it's doing the, dishes mung the, lawn making your. Bed whatever it is just take a bit, of pride in it a bit of self self gratification, for WHAT you're doing and i think your mind things. Happen a lot easier but they how do.
Speaker 2: They generate, that for themselves though if they haven't got presumably as somebody who's inclined to instruct, them along those lines how do they generate that at, fourteen or twelve thirteen. FOURTEEN fifteen for themselves.
Speaker 26: I think you've.
Speaker 54: Got to start small just the little thing's good to, do little things well and then the bigger things get.
Speaker 2: Easier, to do BETTER well that's What. I said to jimmy it's really about. Keeping your room tidy it's really about. Cleaning up after you don't leave your crap everywhere for someone else to come. Along and clean, UP and it starts i reckon. As simple as that probably is a five, to six year. Old if not, early if we don't if.
Speaker 54: We don't start. Young, makes you old yeah, just a little bit have a bit of pride.
Speaker 2: In what you do, Good on, your dale thank you we'll take some. More calls very surely we used, to Sing, the song, clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere, clean up clean up seeing long if, You, know, the words jake everybody Do you share which. I'VE got no idea. I think it was. I'm going to say i'm going to say, it was play school but it might have been another, one of, those programs, clean, up. Clean, up everybody everywhere, winter as we, know is almost here Just. Coming up on sundays somebody pointed out the, first day of Winter. First day of, june, that means. Sniffles snow Energy Colds Today jeff cooker nature be to share. Natural Winter, defense plan, Welcome, jeffrey good, Morning.
Speaker 21: Hey, good morning tony yes this is the time of the year when people, can feel run down but you can give your body the Supported. Needs with, power, Pollen.
Speaker 2: Excellent work yes jeffrey? What makes he Says? What, MAYS nature be sorry i got. Distracted For A moment. Nature be power pollen it is. SO effective during winter. I min it myself i'm gonna HAVE some more suits i. Get Home, this morning.
Speaker 21: Jeff well, Power. Polland's a superfood tony and it's got an incredible, range, of natural nutrients vitamins minerals And amino acids and our potentiation, process unlocks those nutrients making them fully available to your body and, you benefit from them. And listen to this, it means, sustained energy, improved immunity, deeper sleep laser focus better gut. Health than. Overall wellness it's Fantastic.
Speaker 2: It's like unlocking nature's. Own multi vitamin.
Speaker 21: Exactly And the best thing. Tony is it works i've been taking it for over thirty years and thousands of our customers use it as part.
Speaker 26: Of, their winter.
Speaker 2: Fortification jeffrey why don't we open it up for a very Special deal for our australia every. Night, listeners this.
Speaker 21: Morning absolutely you can buy a two Month supply of power polum for just seventy nine, dollars Ninety plus delivery and i'll give you a third one. Month bottle absolutely free that's three for, the price of two and it's covered by, our money back guarantee so you can. Try it with confidence you've. Got nothing to fear where?
Speaker 14: Do you get it.
Speaker 21: Jump online to naturebee dot com or call us on one eight hundred and one four. Seven double low nine. There's natureb dot com don't wait, Until you're going down, get on it now.
Speaker 2: Don't wait to be told to go. To natureb dot com. Have a great day jeff talked to you soon infest some luck in the idea more and more with regards to, maybe not national service call, it something else perhaps but to put young people into. Give them that training it's cost effective and we all benefit given the. Delivery of that training it sort OF makes sense and i reckon it would. Have a massive impact be interesting if we had a bit more time to open that. Up for A conversation ross and, rouss on the way we, Were talking about attitude attitude being the difference between. Ordeal and an. Adventure that is great at an attitude the difference between an. Ordeal and an adventure you can make the. Best of a situation you can bring yourself and anyone around down the. Choices up to you, it is? Just great isn't? It write it down attitude is the difference between. An ordeal. And adventure, That's. Fantastic i'm Toty macka ross and ross. Are on the way i'm toty make for all we know we. May never meet again may our hands only ever be, held out in friendship never in once