Speaker 1: I don't care if Monday exclase, Tuesday is gray, and Wednesday to Thursday.
Speaker 2: I don't care about you.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, I'm in love. Monday you got born apart.
Speaker 1: Tuesday we say break my heart on Thursday doesn't even start.
Speaker 3: It's Friday.
Speaker 1: I sat a day way, Sunday always comes Friday ever since.
Speaker 3: I don't care if.
Speaker 4: Monday's black, Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Wednesday heart attack twenty minutes before six on a Friday morning? What a meani? It is a beauty?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, say a bit of paper. I'm just put in front of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want you to die.
Speaker 4: I want to get a carbon.
Speaker 5: Date it it is? Did they still publish? Is it god a name? Is it sort of like a gig list or something?
Speaker 4: Or it was there? I reckon every week there was a newspaper that came out. It was called Beats something like that.
Speaker 5: Or go back even further to a magazine that I believe employed the oracle of bowl and heads called go Set.
Speaker 4: I don't know go Set.
Speaker 5: What Russell has handed me is a sort of gig list, I reckon. It's got a slightly different name than that anyway. Yeah, and it appears in the paper on Friday. I think that was the age and it would outline what bands were playing where on Friday and Saturday night.
Speaker 4: So if you have one of those bands. There are bands there that we know like that we remember for example, un Kenny x Men It's the first one I went to, was the right and then there was another one I know that well. Paul Kelly is there, and Russell Morris. Russell Morris is there, rock Steady, Pseudo Echo is there, is a little Slim Whittle I don't remember. I remember the name, but I don't remember. You know, Slim Whittle was.
Speaker 5: One of the members of Pundada Panda and really and Slim Slim no longer with this. Slim was just magnificently.
Speaker 4: Funny if you go underneath.
Speaker 5: He wrote songs such as the races are at Sandown and You're joking if you think I'm going to go It's twenty miles from Melbourne and the tracks on the heavy side of Slow.
Speaker 4: Oh I love it. So speaking of Pundadad, Yeah, I bumped into a fellow.
Speaker 5: By the Wave Folks was a radio program on three Triple R that well introduced Trevor Marmalaine gave us Doctor Turf for a start.
Speaker 4: Gave us Ross. No, not me, but I thought Lawyers, Guns and Money was same station station.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you talk to the your Tony Leonards iank, we all agree that the best of those shows was part of the It was incredible.
Speaker 4: So see the photograph of that gentleman there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was you yesterday with a man who sells the big issue.
Speaker 4: He sells the big issues. His name is Louis and Louis has been He said, oh no, please pass on my regards to Ross, because since I arrived in Melbourne, I've listened to I listened to Triple R and I listened to Pundaa Putter and Lawyers, Guns and Money. That that chap there good, Yes, he was a delight. I have to say below Slim Whittle, I don't know did you ever see Soul Twisters?
Speaker 5: No, but I've heard the name.
Speaker 4: When I read that, that brought back a flood of just such positive memories.
Speaker 5: That is late nineteen eighties.
Speaker 4: You reckon, it's late eighties eighties. I was going from eighty sort of six seven.
Speaker 5: But with this programming, let me know you luck, But there is a band there that I love the name of I've never heard of them, and I wonder if anyone listening was a member of them. A band called Justified Hatred that's so good, who played at a place called Scarf and I've never heard of at thirty four Errol Street, North Melbourne. They called Justified Hatred.
Speaker 4: How good is that list there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just magnificent.
Speaker 4: Quick stat for you, Melbourne has got We've got the highest density still to this day, the highest density of live venues per percentage of popular per population, the number one in the world.
Speaker 5: So we're the Bostard to the south. Yes, and where whatever that is the sound, Well, we are the world.
Speaker 4: We are the of the world and it's something like one per eight and a half thousand people. We have a live venue and that that ranks us number one in the world.
Speaker 5: And currently the most important live venue will be the MCG on November, the twelfth of November, the sixteenth mate that could come to town. Yeah, the band was You're kidding Damien's we don't know what he's gonna say.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: That's a band called Justified Hatred. It's on YouTube.
Speaker 4: See the Machinations is there as well. The Machinations were quite big weren't they. I feel like they were.
Speaker 5: Tony. You've got a gig happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don boys Nick Barker, Nick Barker and the Reptile to the Warren Brows, Decend mag dir.
Speaker 5: Where are they playing Warren Brown?
Speaker 4: The game?
Speaker 5: Is this their best song? Tanny? So what's their best song?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 8: We go down and see him?
Speaker 9: I can't remember on John Slate.
Speaker 5: No worries, I am got on your Tanny. Listen to this program. Set me photographs from they went wearing the flip side t shirt to see a band called Loy Groin. I've never heard of. So I looked up Lloyd Groin and Lloyd Groin is on our Spotify playlist of the tunes that the listeners said, He's the best tune you've never heard. Lloyd and Groin provided us with the track pub Tab. I had to listen, very fun, likes talking about his life and he goes, just what what, just what he needs in his life? Is the pop we had some of the pub Tab.
Speaker 4: We heard something interesting about Morty Alex Is that earlier this week? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I spent five days a week in a dead end job that I don't like like me back even less.
Speaker 5: Every day I get I've.
Speaker 10: Buls it from my boss, and then I just seem to get more of the same from the wife and the kids, and her mom and her old man.
Speaker 4: And it's not fair. I don't like it. I can't put up with it. I got to get out of it.
Speaker 10: I've got to go somewhere to find some sort of merciful release. And there is a place just up the raid and around the corner. Yeah, that's where old meet, That's where you can find me.
Speaker 5: That's where you could find me. You can find me down.
Speaker 4: With the toe. Yeah, no fixed address. Also played in this late eighties.
Speaker 5: I think I vaguely remember.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, definitely, Anthony, Good morning.
Speaker 7: There, gentlemen.
Speaker 11: There was an English TV show about five or six years ago, but you can get on YouTube called the Great Music Cities of the World, and they did London, La, Nashville, Memphis and Melbourne and said that Melbourne has the best live entertainment in the world.
Speaker 5: There we got justification for you, Russell Haircroft. Anthony, our listener Johnny says, we've got to find Damian. You've got to find a band called alloy Head and the victim moers mos.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, I remember, remember.
Speaker 5: The name of it. He says, their biggest song that Damien's head's going to fall. He's going to love this, Damien. Their biggest song was called Ball. Yes. Have we heard ball? Yes? We used to a ball yes, Ball Yes?
Speaker 4: Well that JK there. He would remember that. We used to have T shirts designed by a man called gentleman called Andy Harden that had umpire ball yes on the front of it. I'm going to send Jo I'm going to say, I think it's the same person I'm thinking of. I'm going to send him a photograph of this list here are going to He could carbon date that to the very month, do you reckon?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He could.
Speaker 5: It was a lovely conversation. I was going to raise at some stage and we all scorch, you and I particularly, And then though, I think, get this thing about shows you gotta watch at the moment on streaming, and there is one called Department Q. Scorter hasn't started. The Department Q is very very good. It is, and I will hold that thought. Well, Damien interposes this.
Speaker 3: You're going home, John don't in.
Speaker 5: The back line, gotta before halftime.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My quick observation is the Departmentque is very good, but it's got the lead male actor in it is a bloke that I've only ever seen in one other thing. He was in The Offer, the series about the making of The Godfather, which if you love The Godfather, it's superb series like a drama series. I need to watch that sectionalized about the making and he plays the head of Paramount Pictures, Robert Evans, who was the man who commissioned The Godfather. So he plays an American though he's English and is brilliant, like he stood out for all of us who watched the How bring him is the bloke who plays Robert Evans where he pops up this now back to playing and it's the only two things I've ever seen in it.
Speaker 4: He's very good.
Speaker 5: And I looked at him and I thought, could you be the next Bond? Then I looked him up. He's forty seven. So my question for you is is forty seven too old to play the next Bond?
Speaker 4: Well, you want to get ten years out of the actor at least maybe twelve to fifteen. So I think the answer is yes. I think I think he's a great Bond. He's too tall, he's too tall to be bombed. Yeah, Bond's going to be a little bit shorter than that.
Speaker 5: What does he have to be short? Short or just sort of like five to eleven five?
Speaker 4: Well, I think Hollywood or Hollywood five elevens like five seven.
Speaker 5: That was one of the biggest shocks. I was about to say, one of the biggest shocks in my life. That's what a good, complete matter, ridiculous. I couldn't believe it. When was it you who told me yesterday that you thought Bruce Springsteen was short? Yes? And I said no, no, no, Bruce Springsteen must be about six foot one, six foot two seven. If short of them is short of them. I'm taller than Bruce Springston. Yeah, I would have had a million dollars. It might be taller than am I told Probably not, well, the same heighter that tall Cyrol Reale.
Speaker 4: At one seventy seven. Probably it's about the same height as Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, so they put him in a Hawks jubb. That's ridiculous, Sonny Sunny at top of sixteen degrees, it's six degrees now in thirteen to six.
Speaker 10: And there is a place just up the ride and around the corner. Yeah, that's where old they where you can find me.
Speaker 5: That's where you can find me. You can find me down parton on the Dogs Laid at Night, Full of Gas.
Speaker 2: Three aw breakfast Macafes New Blend is worth getting out of bed for it. It's smooth, richer and available on the all day menu.
Speaker 5: I'm loving it.
Speaker 4: Nine six Are you the police? No, ma'am, we're musicians.
Speaker 2: Emergency Services updates. When you're ready to sell your home, call Ian read Vendor Advocates.
Speaker 5: First and me. He's nine minutes to six with leading senior comes to all.
Speaker 2: Clayton the drink you have when you're not having a drink?
Speaker 5: Jody Clayton, Jody, what do you got for us?
Speaker 12: Good morning. Yes, it's been a busy one so emergency services responded to a house fire and two rack.
Speaker 13: This morning.
Speaker 12: It's polite. The premises on the corner of Saint Georgia's Street and Ultimo Court Court a light just before two thirty am. There was no one inside the premises at the time, and the exact cause of the fire as yet to be determined. We're asking anyone with information or may have witnessed anyone or anything suspicious in the area to contact Crime Stoppers Okay.
Speaker 5: No one was in the house. How has been there? Okay? What else?
Speaker 12: So we've had two teenagers have been charged by detectives following a series of offenses across Melbourne's CBD yesterday morning. So it's alleged the teens approached a male victim near Southern Cross railway station before making threats that they had a knife and.
Speaker 13: He was assaulted.
Speaker 12: That was about eight point thirty. The teenagers are alleged to have unsuccessfully attempted to steal his scooter before fleeing the scene. A short time later, the second victim was also approached by the two youths near the Burke Street Bridge near the railway station, where they alleged to attempted to steal his vabe. They also followed and assaulted him before fleeing. That gentleman and then the third offense or the third incident, the two offenders failed again unfortunately or fortunately might I say, they allegedly tried to steal a gentleman's headphones and he was also assaulted. That was about nine thirty am on Sekilda Road. Thankfully, all three victims sustained only minor injuries. Swift acting police arrested both teams street. So we've got a sixteen year old and a seventeen year old.
Speaker 5: Okay, So they will go into the crime stats for next year reflecting the story. Victoria is grappling with its highest youth crime rate since electronic records began. Yes with new figures laying bare the surgeon offending that forced the state government to strengthen bailor's Well, that was a sixteen year old and the seventeen year old. So into the stat sheets they'll go for next year. Good on you, Jody. It's six minutes to six.
Speaker 4: When you look at those numbers, the increases, it's not like it's a three percent increase or a five or a six percent increase. It's like thirty percent increases.
Speaker 5: I mean, how is that possible?
Speaker 4: Aggravated residential burglary up thirty point five percent?
Speaker 5: How does that happen? One double three six nine three Criminologists of Melbourne Russell is right, that is staggering for how how has that happened? Why does that happen? What's it all about? One nuble three six nine three? And what they eventually happen is that they'll catch them, they'll put them in jar Oh yeah, and they might get abashed, in which stage the Victorian taxpayer will write them a check for a million bucks. Mock Bell, mock Bell. Matthew Good is the name of that actor. And he is really, really good. But I can't work out why he's forty seven and I've only seen him in two things, and I've looked up his CV and he hasn't been much.
Speaker 4: Has he been a stage actor?
Speaker 5: Maybe? I don't know, but he has not been in much.
Speaker 4: You're right about Department Q. I'm up to third episode. How many are there?
Speaker 5: I'm going to say eight? Maybe he's right great and he's good. And my oldest boy watched it, and, completely unprompted by me, he said, I've watched that. He said that he might be the best actor in the world. He's way up there. I like him, he's got that he's prone to exaggeration. All right, Yes he should work in radio, Yes, yes, yes, But I think everyone here is agreed sadly that forty seven is too old to be the next Bond.
Speaker 4: Well, well, okay, so how many Bond Damon goes?
Speaker 5: Don't be a guest? Well, you know, he's got to take his kit off and the merge from you know, he's got to go for a swim and then come up out of the beach. No good of you know, they'd want to sign him up for man boobs. They'd want to sign him up for three, maybe five and three would take twelve years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably ain't got a bit longer.
Speaker 5: The tooth. What a banger. He's really good. They've got to because they sold it to who Amazon? Amazon? Yeah, well there's been my father. They're going to pee you or get off the pot, and they've got plenty of cash. It's for to six. OMG, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wace w t whe the face the most Australian Kia ever developed. Kia's first ever used, the Kia Tasman. Request a test drive. Find out more Kia dot com dot Au.
Speaker 5: So the six. Jackie Felger has just sent us a video of that house fire and tour man. Whoa wow. We can we get that straight up on our social media so that folks can have a can have a look when the social media team get in. Okay, good Ilbi hi Ross do yourself a failure, we said Matthew Good The Wine Show.
Speaker 11: He completed the best three Seasons I think if you like him. He's brilliant in this series.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: Okay, So is that a drama series or is it just a show about wine? It's show about wine.
Speaker 4: He's on with another actor called Matthew Reese.
Speaker 5: Okay. I will watch it because I like wine and I like Matthew Good. So Matthew Good presenting the Wine Show will get me big story about wine this morning. Out of this, Yes, great news about wine. That's dominic west, isn't it. I'm looking at a photograph of the Wine Show Chris White, crime rates up.
Speaker 7: No bloody consequence.
Speaker 5: I like that. No bloody consequence.
Speaker 4: That's got to contribute a bit, don't they.
Speaker 5: So there is news about wine which we will have amongst all the other news of the day. Other side of this, it is six o'clock at a.
Speaker 2: W What the papers say, get thirty percent off the full range of famous Moran leather and fabric sofas now only a Berkerwitz, Blackburn and Morabin.
Speaker 5: Seven six. I remember I remember reading once in the New York magazine This will be thirty years ago, an article that ultimately ended up being about road safety, and the opening paragraph was yep, that along the lines of the epicenter of road safety in the world is the state of Victoria in Australia. Stop new parrot. That's how it opened, yeh, because we were compulsory seat belt is the lot.
Speaker 4: And you know what's going on in the Northern Hemisphere right now is advertising Awards, the can Advertising Woods. For about twenty years we Victoria would win via the TAC the best the best social advertising in the world off the back of what the TC did so.
Speaker 5: And the reason I mentioned that is because front page of the Herald Sun of this morning. Australia has been given the green light to use age verification to implement its world leading social media band for under sixteens after a techno technological trial determined it would be private, robust and he's the most important word effective I know?
Speaker 4: Is this grass now.
Speaker 5: Every parent listening to this who says, oh, please please introduce it, please let it be effective? Well, the good news and plea and congratulations to us for being world leaders on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a lot of lobbying that went on with regard to sort of media outlets lobbied hard. But then there was also an interesting group whose name. All of a sudden I can't recall Finch was involved with it anyway. How good. So the most important thing, of course is I thought, oh, well, maybe it's just going to be a signal. Right, so mum and dad could say to the kid, well, you know it's not legal, but it actually sounds like it's going to be effective.
Speaker 5: And there's only twos. There's only one thing that gives me a bit of well, the two things that give me a bit of concern when they introduce it. I would like to get a fifteen year old into the studio and say, get around it.
Speaker 4: It gives a workaround.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so just show me how easy you think it is to get around this band, because then that will give the authorities an opportunity to close that loop. The other thing that concerns me is that it's being unveiled on a Friday afternoon. Now things get unveiled on a Friday afternoon if they want to bury them in the desert of the weekend.
Speaker 4: But it was released on a Thursday afternoon, so it was in the Friday papers. Oh, you're saying the report itself.
Speaker 5: The preliminary findings of the Age Assurance Technological Trial will be announced by the Prime Minister on Friday afternoon. Unveiled on Friday afternoon. That worries me. Yeah, as Damien said, they call it putting out the track. The second most important story that day can be found on page twenty seven of The Herald's sun Ossi Winery Debauderley is said to be announced as the official wine of the Melbourne Cup Carnival. You're on your debaderly and that and the VRC And yeah it's got a photograph of two of our favorite people in the paper, Kylie Rodgers and Leander Bordley.
Speaker 4: Well what a great deal? Does it say? How long? The deals for three years?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well that's brilliant.
Speaker 5: Yep. The Bordley, one of Australia's largest family owned wine companies, will be announced as official winery of Flemington on Friday. So congratulations to the VC and congratulations to Debauderley.
Speaker 4: That's great news.
Speaker 5: I don't think Damie wants to know where the horses like wine? Well do they No, they'd probably like a wine with a horse. Dirve uh Free drugs are Tony Mockbell. The ISZAR has been awarded one million dollars by the Allen government over its brutal bashing. He's got one fifteenth of what farmers gone in drought relief because one fifteenth was it only fifteen mil? It was fifteen men.
Speaker 4: Well, let's passphases. Not over yet, is it?
Speaker 5: Put it in the context of the Grand Prix got three hundred and fifty million. Yes, six weeks ago we had a rumor in the River folding yesterday that said that the Grand Prix is about to cut down thirty four trees in ourbe park and no one contacted us to say that that's not true.
Speaker 4: No, that's right. So now they might indicate something.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, is there anyone put further flesh on the bones? Are the Grand Prix about to cut down thirty four trees?
Speaker 4: Now we did earlier discuss the youth crime numbers, but I think it's probably important just to sort of highlight them again.
Speaker 5: Victoria is grappling with its highest youth crime rates since electronic records began. When do you reckon electronic records.
Speaker 4: Began nineteen ninety five?
Speaker 5: Wow? Okay, I thought it might have been only in that with new figures laying bear the surgeon offending that forced the state government to strengthen bail laws. And you said, it's not as if they've gone up ten and they've got thirty percent.
Speaker 4: And my it's year on year, isn't not Yeah, it's it's how are we lapping? As you know, I like to say Carthiff's are only up forty seven?
Speaker 5: Forty seven? Well, I told you that I was speaking to someone's speaking to someone who lives in mante Laza right about two weeks ago, and I came in here and told you that. In man Eliza, they say it's not a question of whether you're of whether your car will be stolen. It is a question of when will be stolen.
Speaker 4: So when did it? When? Were people laughing at Rebecca Judd a long time ago? Right? And well it turns out she might be right. He's right, not might be right?
Speaker 5: Steve, how old must bond a bond be? Because we found an actor Matthew Good it would be I think it would be excellent. Russell thinks he's too tall to be bond.
Speaker 6: He's too old. He's forty seven. Yeah, I mean Roger Moore was forty five when he got his first gig is bond, but they wanted him to earlier than that. But by the time he made ten seven bond movies and ten years and by the end of it he needed a sun Man Bossy to walk up a set of stairs. He was he was looking good at fifty four, but he was obviously physically he wasn't an athlete, not like not like Daniel Craig could have probably paid played another two Bond movies.
Speaker 4: But that's fair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's that's fair. Good your state and what else? Well? I do like this? Australia's first technology that will allow blind and low vision footy fans to follow live AFL matches will be debuted for Sunday's Western Bulldog Richmond class at Marvel Stadium. Isn't that radio?
Speaker 4: I liked my eye patch idea, the eye patching club colors. Just an eye patching club colors?
Speaker 5: What the blind people wear eye patches?
Speaker 4: No, because everyone's a one eyed supporter.
Speaker 5: H gota.
Speaker 4: Don't you reckon.
Speaker 5: Fortune out of that? For charity? Of course, the worrying article in the paper. It's a lovely idea. I just I have unable to emotionally cope with reading this story. Talk about burying the lead tell me us. Researchers have found that young tarantulas are adaptable enough to run at the same speed just after a day after losing two legs. They can run. Oh, yes, tarantulas can run.
Speaker 4: I have in my mind's eye, are running tarantula. Why would I I've.
Speaker 5: Never seen a huntsman run.
Speaker 4: Well, David Attenborough would have done something around you.
Speaker 5: Know what, I've got a huntsman down the bush about. Don't really worry me because I get my old friend mort mort En and I just go.
Speaker 4: But why do you do that? Don't you just get the flick them outside?
Speaker 5: But the world has been the fewer spiders, the better flicker outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, oh it's a homing rat.
Speaker 4: Yea, So they come back in. No, they've got work to do. They've got nature's work to do.
Speaker 5: Ross my huntsmand don't run. They just they abseil, Yes they do. They don't rune that mention being chased by a tarantul.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever used a Martine or a pebo. Really.
Speaker 5: No, it's greatfu and people are leaving Australia in the highest numbers since the pandemic, easing population growth and singly the end of a two year migrant boom and overseen by the Albanese government despite the fact that it promised to curb im migration.
Speaker 4: Where they're going, Well, that was my reaction. I need to do more reading about this. My assumption is that that was students going home. Remember how students weren't actually going home and there was this something. I know, whether we would.
Speaker 5: Call someone who used to be the treasurer of the country ones told that is not an education scheme. It's a migration scheme.
Speaker 4: That's right. So I think maybe that's what's happening. I'm not entirely sure, so I need to do a bit more reading. However, the bottom line is people leading.
Speaker 5: Start thinking Peak of the week. Tell us what's been the highlight of the week, whether it's personal or public, and you can score a five hundred dollars Harvey Norman gift card. Peak of the Week after six thirty one, number three six nine three It is sixteen after see.
Speaker 2: We're listening to three aw breakfast. The white Glove Mover makes moving a breeze, and your new place will feel like home from day.
Speaker 5: One after six instant pole. If you see a spider, do you kill it? Nine A three two fifty to fifty. If you see a spider, do you kill it nine O three two fifty to fifty. I'm a yes, russells at if you see a spider, do you kill it? New research from the University of Sydney suggests that heading a soccer ball can subtly alter the brain, even without immediate cognitive impact or concussion. Dr Nathan DeLange, postdocual researcher at the University of queenszlone. I think I get that. In other words, if you can cuss playing AFL footy, for example, it's fairly evident and you have to be taken from the field and go through concusis protocols. But I am assumed Dr Nathan the Lang that a heading a soccer ball is more subtle.
Speaker 11: Yeah, hey guys, it is.
Speaker 7: And that's the whole thing.
Speaker 14: And part of the reason why we're interested in doing this research is that soccer is one of the most played sports in the world. But when we do the skill of heading the soccer ball, you don't see obvious changes in any way that we're functioning. And so is this resulting and changes in the brain is something that we were particularly interested in.
Speaker 4: So doctor young young brains, Young young brains. I'm imagining such a good idea for let's say thirteen year old ago around heading a ball, especially if it was.
Speaker 5: Water locked on a dewey Saturday morning.
Speaker 14: Indeed, Yeah, that's a question that I think is starting to gain a lot of attention, particularly around the world. We know that particularly in other countries, for instance the UK and the US, there is bands on soccer players from younger ages doing soccer heading. This hasn't been enforced in Australia, but it is something that is under ongoing conversations. We really don't know exactly when soccer heading should be introduced at this stage. The advice is really just to exercise a bit of caution, and the other challenge is making sure that younger players are aware of how to safely head.
Speaker 11: A soccer ball as well.
Speaker 14: So sometimes the blanket bands are a bit challenging to enforce because ensuring proper technique is important as well.
Speaker 5: Ok, could you end up in a situation you know, I've I go and watched junior footy around mind neck of the woods. There are some teams where every single player wears a helmet and teams that don't. Would you have games between sides who head the ball and those who.
Speaker 14: Don't absolutely, and I think definitely in definitely the style of the game will dictate how much sockerheading has done. If there's a couple of teams that their style of players to kick the ball into the air behind the opposition's defense, then you might have games where certain players will be heading the ball quite a lot.
Speaker 11: Positions, particularly the.
Speaker 14: Center backs and defensive line will be heading the ball quite a lot. So there are definitely some games where you'll have a lot of headers and some games where you won't, and also some positions that will head the ball more than others.
Speaker 4: So doctor increasingly there are AFL players that are in the news that have you know, they have been a custer in their career and that's causing problems and issues with them later in life. Is there evidence that soccer players have got issues later in life?
Speaker 14: This is something that is ongoing debate as well. Certainly it's something that we're seeing in the professional soccer players in particular, but it's hard to disentangle these effects from other factors such as concussion, the repeated load of heading, other factors that like lifestyle changes for instance, alcohol, diet, exercise. So while there is some evidence where not one hundred percent confident, and particularly in the amateur soccer world, it's even less so. So it's something that's still ongoing debate. And what our research wasn't able to wasn't something that we were looking at in our research got only DoD.
Speaker 5: Dr Nathan Delang, post doctoral research at the University of Queensland. I don't know whether there's any telepathy between and and I, but I'm going to he's standing in the doorway. I've invited him to stand in the doorway. In the modern Ish era, which player would have been regarded as the most famous header of the ball soccer? Yeah, thirty thirty forty years John John Toshak. He's probably a been a lot further away than that. He's English and he was very tall. Yeah, Peter Crouch is who I've written down. I've written down Peter Crouch.
Speaker 15: He famously was asked what he would have done he wasn't a soccer player, what would he be? He said?
Speaker 5: A virgin Damien at the same time said in my ear, Peter Crouch, if you see a spider, do you kill it. The spread of sixty nine to thirty one melody, sixty nine percent of respondents.
Speaker 8: Said I would probably have to.
Speaker 5: Say narrow and thirty one percent say I'd rather not say.
Speaker 2: With the entries, Yes, Sports reports for Underworks, the Comfiest, Coziest, Warmest Thermals and socks for Winter Underworks the Wonder down Under for socks.
Speaker 5: Six twenty five. John Anderson has six bottles at the borderly Wood Fight.
Speaker 15: Heathcitts you rat, I was watching the Bombers lose by seven goals last night in Perth to Fremantle, who won their fifth game in a row. No surprises there, That's probably what you expected, maybe even more damage than forty one points in the Aird with Essen And when I was growing up, my dad used to talk about the great Essen and sides back in I reckon. It was the late forties, early fifties, and there was a term use to describe their great players of a certain height, a group of them that weren't that tall. What was the term that my father used to.
Speaker 5: Use one nuble three six times three.
Speaker 15: Ron McEwan was one of those players. Greg Tait was another, and two very very famous Bombers were the other. Two who do there but the greatest players ever?
Speaker 16: Named?
Speaker 15: The top five Bomber players in history, these two would be in it. I said yesterday briefly that if I was to select a side for next year who I think will have the most improvement in it, it would be Essenant and I was laughed at. And I've been laughed at all my life. So I'm comfortable enough with that. I can deal with it, Russ. But I stand by it. And the reason I say that when you introduce eleven debutantes in a season, some of that's been forced upon them by so many injuries. You're going to get a couple of gems out of that. I think they're going to get more than a couple of gems. You've already seen Clark and Roberts made or good last night. Caddy had a pretty handy game Vigo Vizentini and the Rocket. His first game was it was fine. He did all he had to do. Kako, Luel Johnson. They were players and a ten out. So you bring of those ten, probably eight are going to be there for the future. One of the players who has to stand up next to you is Ben McKay. They're so important and obviously sack rud is a key defender who just has been injured so much.
Speaker 5: But they look good.
Speaker 15: And then the Dockers on the other hand, you saw what Luke Jackson can do, and he's running around like a rock rover, playing the ruck, kicking three goals, getting heavy possessions, and when he's on, Luke Jackson's kind of right up there and the best players in the game because he's such a unique player. He plays putty bit like a guy called Tom McCarney with that mobility, and you can see why both of them are such hot property and why Luke Jackson is a better player without Sean Darcy in the side. He just has to be number one ruckman, as most of them do. They just religive.
Speaker 5: Betch.
Speaker 15: Dangerfield plays his three fiftieth games a night for Jaelong at GMHBA Stadium. People obviously ask the question, where does he rate in terms of great players. I'll say this about Patrick Dangerfield. There's a game you play on the beach. I think it's called sticks. That game flag Saints rus flags. So you lie on your gut incredible in the opposite direction to where you're going to run, and whistle goes. You jump to your feet and split down and try and grab the flag first.
Speaker 4: So there'll be eight sprinters, but seven flags.
Speaker 15: He would win that any AFL Olympics. He would have been that every time. I've never seen a blike you're not meant to go to your feet. You'll tell your kids to keep your feet, keep your feet. He goes to his feet and then he's like a cat and the explosion, the combination of power and speed. But that bloke is up there with probably Gary atwt Sen or something like that.
Speaker 5: He's talking about Patrick dangerfeet. I don't know the answer to your question, but I wonder whether it involves the word squadron. Yeah, it's pretty close. Involved Phil Boyd from Clifton Spring. There was Dick Reynolds, and there.
Speaker 15: Was Hatchee, Bill Hutchison, Greg Tape and Ron McEwan.
Speaker 5: They were the Mosquito Fleet. Oh oh, I thought that was Carton Carlton.
Speaker 15: Later on, your Mosquito Fleet were a bombits. They had one before that. They went in the twenties. They had another one late fortiesh ten fleets.
Speaker 5: Good answer, jump of the line. Now, what has been the highlight of the week for you in any form? Peak of the week.
Speaker 2: For Harvey Norman, it's time for peak of the week. Yeah, call now and tell us your highlight of the week.
Speaker 16: It doesn't get any better than that champion.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Won double three six nine three.
Speaker 5: Twenty three minutes before seven rumaphiles open the entire time with Mayer one duble three six nine three coming johnis though for Peak of the week, that is what is the peak of your week, personal or public? In any four.
Speaker 4: Today's Peak of the Week winner will receive a five hundred dollars gift card thanks to Harvey Norman. TVs, fridges, laptops, mobiles, furniture, betting and more on sale now at the Harvey Norman Clearance Sale, best brands, best prices, and that's guaranteed. Ross.
Speaker 5: Have we found that audio, Damen that I sent to you. It's not the live audio, but it is confirmation. It is the Graham Norton Show being hosted by someone else other than Graham Norton, but they are interviewing the English footballer Peter Crouch.
Speaker 17: When you were asked in an interview, what would you be if you weren't a footballer and you replayed a virgin?
Speaker 5: That's the peak of my way. That's you would have thought I would have heard that sports quite before. But anyway, that's Peter Crouch who played. I think they said for Liverpool.
Speaker 4: I've got a new local. It's called the Tiplane. I was there yesterday. Now I am informed that a nine dollar pint. Nine dollars for a pint of beer is a seriously good price.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would have to be informed of that too, but I'm thinking it's more. I'm looking at the resident alcoholics scorture. Is it fourteen dollars? Is that the norm?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: So fourday or fifteen So.
Speaker 4: This is a happy hour, but a happy hour nine dollar pint.
Speaker 5: Coming join us for peak of the week. And peak of the week for Scorcher was when we took calls during the week on the worst three word combinations off the back of the fact that there is an epidemic in Australia at the moment of a thing called rat lungworm disease, and we enjoyed things like suburban rail loop and Montague Street.
Speaker 4: Bridge and massive ordnance penetrator penetrator.
Speaker 5: Scorch said that for some reason he quite enjoyed the listener who rang up and said middle order collapse. It was outstanding, was outstanding. There's just something that was outstanding. And Damien's highlight is Patrick Dangerfield's grandmother.
Speaker 2: It is a nice person.
Speaker 5: There you go, Daniel peak of the week, all Chance.
Speaker 8: My peak of the week was when you Russell stuck up for the spidersing mate, Russ, my five year old son picks up and puts him outside. I think you need to top it up a bit.
Speaker 4: Well, sixty of the listeners were on.
Speaker 5: I was surprised about that. Sixty of people don't kill spiders. They are God's creatures. That's right amongst the worst of God, amongst his worst ideas. By the way, if you're listening to God. Louise Pegga of the week.
Speaker 18: My peg of the week was we were privileged to go to the preview night at LightScape last night in the city.
Speaker 4: And what is LightScape.
Speaker 18: It's in the botanical gardens and there's all these different light displays to music and all sorts of things, and you get to see the beauty of the trees.
Speaker 4: At my time, fantastic.
Speaker 5: I think I've been a few years ago. Yeah, Lavinia was standing in front of it last night. I believe Louise, we probably I got the impression she sort of just stands in the Botanic Garden for hours on end. Glenn, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 19: My peak of the week was last night watching the Channel nine news.
Speaker 11: There was a story about three has.
Speaker 19: Been busted for ten million dollars worth of fake handbags, watches, all that sort of stuff, and the spokesperson for the New South Wales.
Speaker 11: Police was a guy by the name of Peter Foe.
Speaker 19: Faux. I thought, that is that's that's brilliant. And about three stories later there's a story about a new diet, a fasting diet, and the guy who came up with it was Professor Fuller.
Speaker 5: Too good, that is magnificent. Yeah, faux meaning faux fake French for fake, fake designer bags by Peter Foe and a diet story by Professor Fuller nominative determinism.
Speaker 4: Well, you've got to say thanks for thinking of us, Glenn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and good on you, Glenn McGlenn. My favorite would be years ago the head of D twenty four, which used to run the police emergency was Superintendent Dave Triplow. No, yes, t r ip l Ow.
Speaker 4: So he had no choice in life.
Speaker 5: That's where he was always going to win that David.
Speaker 9: Good morning, R and I might pick the week was my beautiful daughter and my son in law give us our first grandchild Wednesday night and getting in after work last night to hold little Freddy in my arm for the first time.
Speaker 5: So this is where the little Freddy, David, this is where Damien is going, and may your first child be a masculine child. From they've got there, They've got the godfather's wish. David with a little Freddy.
Speaker 11: And I hoped that their first child be a masculine child.
Speaker 5: Who was that away? He was waiting to see Don Corleone? Was it Luca Brasi? Was it? We know what Luca Brasi ended up doing? Then we run them. He ended up sleeping with the fishes, sapie.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 7: My pick up a week was yesterday, Fellas I decided to mass burn in a plant pot or my underpants because since since my underpanter retired, my wife's been buy me these cheap underpants. And on the back they've got screen printed the front.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: Let's how you know it's the back because the screen printings on the back. But you watch him a few times and that goes away, and you don't know that front from the back. And if you haven't got your glasses. I'm like yesterday when I put them on, I put them on backwards and like my three bedroomhouse in Richmond and had no ballroom.
Speaker 5: Now, Sabby, did you have first hear that expression on this program when they when there was a fire as had killed the town hall.
Speaker 7: No, I didn't hear that one.
Speaker 5: That's that's all your round work. Now, that was described at the time, and so killed there's bad fires and killed the town hall, and it was said to resemble Warwick cap of shorts. Afterwards there was no ballroom.
Speaker 4: Did be saying when he lost his underpants, what's your un the.
Speaker 5: Panther so.
Speaker 7: And he passed away. He used to be you know that button factory in fitz Roy. The button used to be near there.
Speaker 5: Did you get designer roundings?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you go and eat yup.
Speaker 5: Mender. That's Soapy's own smoking ceremony, isn't it'll be a great smoking ceremony where someone just brought out all their red grundies and said five of them Robin Pig of.
Speaker 6: The week, Oh, good morning.
Speaker 13: I was actually going to say ac JC, but I think the guy before me his call was brilliant.
Speaker 5: But go ahead and say a c DC Robin.
Speaker 13: What was the peggy you guys announcing ac DC is coming to Australia. They're from my ear up massive can't wait to go.
Speaker 5: Well, we're just hoping that the rim ifile caller is right in saying two concerts November twelve, which is a Wednesday, and sixteenth, which I think is a Sunday, and just be huge.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And Robin, I'd written down on one of my peaks of the week was or just Lord Mayor's enthusiasm for celebrating It's a long Way to the Top, which.
Speaker 5: Is feb twenty three next year, but only Robin and we did the World Cup of ac DC Songs yesterday and the winner was It's a long Way on the Top. Appropriately Damien, Good morning, How are we this morning?
Speaker 3: Boys?
Speaker 5: Good pick of the way.
Speaker 9: I got to got married to my partner last Saturday, which was nice?
Speaker 5: Nice anything else, Damien?
Speaker 9: And my second one was I've got my chocal licens on Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 4: Oh, nicely done, Damien. Don't I seem to rank them?
Speaker 5: Hey, Damien, give us a two? Why does that made my morning?
Speaker 4: That's wonderful?
Speaker 5: And how do I know that that is immediately going to reassociated every time the name Ricky Nixon is mentioned. Damien will play there, Get set Melbourne three. Anybody's thirty thousand dollars cash giveaway starts spinning on Monday.
Speaker 4: We're turning up the heat with up to thirty thousand dollars worth of cash to be won. Listen to Breakfast mornings afternoons and drive your chance to spin the wheel. You could be warming up your winter with cold, hard cash.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 4: This is the thirty thousand cash giveaway. Ross. That's the wheel right there, A strength and scorch. Wh wants to give it a spin just as a trial?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we'll give it a warm up. You'll get it to stretch of sammis. It's got a it's good audio. Where's it landing? Two fifty, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars and fifty bucks? Can give us some of the other numbers that are on.
Speaker 4: A thousand bucks two and a half, one thousand dollars, one thousand and two fifty five hundred, one thousand dollars, five hundred two hundred Pretty good.
Speaker 5: All starts next Monday, sunny today, top of sixteen. That sounds pretty grouse to tonally. The truth. It is six degrees now importantly, got a room and you want to get to air today Call now one double three six nine three or email breakfast at threew dot com dot Au. And I have a follow up to the Grand Prix story yesterday, and I have a brand new one from the World of Wow really rich people. It's fourteen to seven.
Speaker 7: Monsoory dat Roomhause enrichment of that night.
Speaker 2: Board h Yeah, w breakfast. Mcafay's new blend is worth getting out of bed for. It's smoother, richer and available on the old day menu.
Speaker 5: I'm loving us ten minutes to seven rimpile time one number three six times three, Email breakfast to three W dot com dot you'd love to have your roomors got away of this morning. Forget the endless packing, the heavy lifting, the stress of getting everything from ab. Get the White Glove movement to move it for you. Call them Thurday ninety four to forty eight. Barbara Talas in Los Angeles, Hi there, Barbara.
Speaker 20: Hither Ross and good Friday morning, RUSS. President Trump continues to say, at least publicly, he's not ready to make the call to involve the US in the Seven day Seven Day Old War between Israel and Iran.
Speaker 15: I like to make a final decision one second before because they's changed.
Speaker 20: More from CBS White House correspondent Ed o'keef.
Speaker 5: CBS News has learned the President approved on specified attack plans as an option, but it's holding off in case Ron agrees to abandon it's nuclear program.
Speaker 20: Trump has just bought himself some time, with his Press secretary saying he'll make his decision within the next two weeks to enlarge the window for any possible negotiations. Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyah, who is of course hoping Trump will quickly agree to join operations to try and blow Iran's new facilities to oblivion. Speaking on CNN, he's heaping praise on the President.
Speaker 16: He's a tremendous friend, a tremendous world leader, a tremendous friend of Israel and the Jewish people.
Speaker 5: The partnership with President.
Speaker 4: Trump, with whom I speak to almost every day, is incredible.
Speaker 20: Meanwhile, the American military is pre positioning aircraft carriers and strike groups in the region, and the US State Department is evacuating non essential diplomats and their families from the US Embassy in Israel. We end our week with you with a whopper of a big dollar sports sale. Mark Walter, the majority owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball franchise, is now buying the controlling stake in the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team. That price tag about ten billion US dollars, the largest sale ever in American pro sports history.
Speaker 21: This twenty twenty NBA Championship belongs to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Speaker 20: That's the last time the Lakers finished atop the NBA. Laker fan reaction to the super sale.
Speaker 5: I'm excited. I think we needed to change. What did the new orner need to do? Ben?
Speaker 20: The Lakers last changed hands all the way back in nineteen seventy nine, when businessman Jerry Buss paid sixty seven billion million dollars Russ and Russ Again. The sales price now ten billion.
Speaker 4: Thanks Barbara and Bob for a great wake. Join us on the line from Lenons. Gevin Gray, the most Australian Kia ever developed keys first of a youth, the Kia Tasman Request to test drive. Find it more at Kia dot com. Do get I Gavin.
Speaker 22: Happy Friday morning, guys. Now, if you're going to the dentist, Well, you might want to mute the radio for a minute or two. A few fee bit the stuff of nightmares. That's because in the Czech Republic, a twenty two year old fake dentist and two assistants have been charged after treating dozens of patients using instructions they found on the internet. The authorities say the three family members opened a surgery without a license in their home two years ago and treated patients without any relevant professional qualifications. And these weren't just checkups. The man extracted teeth, performed complex root canal work and applied anesthesia, all using information they obtained online. The illegal clinic has made more than a quarter of a million Ossie dollars. All three, though, have now pleaded guilty to a number of charges and face up to eight years in prison. However, what's interesting to note is that no one seems to know if any of the patients actually complained about their treatment. To the UK now where police are urging music festival lovers to put their mobile phones and wearable gadgets on airplane mode. It's particularly targeting dancers in the mosh pit right at the front the stage. Last year, Lefttershire police though did a massive spike in emergency calls during the Download Festival, which is back this weekend. The problem is that the gadgets mistake high energy dancing for a traffic accident, and many devices automatically dial the emergency services Ross and Ross.
Speaker 8: Next time you're in.
Speaker 22: The mosh bits, thrashing, slam dancing or pogoing, don't do yourself an injury or for that matter, inadvertently call for help.
Speaker 5: Lovely Devin, enjoy your London weekend. Back to the Czech Republic with a twenty two year old fank dentist. Yes, I are there any Feng Farriers listening? I don't think you could be a dentist at twenty two? Could you?
Speaker 4: You couldn't? I don't think so. It's quite as quite a long.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming it's a long.
Speaker 4: Is it sixties?
Speaker 5: Something like that? So Feng Ferry is listening? One Nuble three six nine and three. What is the youngest you could be a dentist in Melbourne? A little bit rima file's happened? One Numble three six nine three It's five to seven birthdaynnzo Yes, Damen. His grand final was one that said Kilda was involved in so twenty ten, Damen, Thank you, Karl. How what is the absolute youngest you could be a dentist in Victoria?
Speaker 6: Look the five.
Speaker 23: Year course of trope, So if you were eighteen year twelve, that will take you at twenty three. If that, if you skip the year at high school, you could be twenty two.
Speaker 5: There you go, Carl, that's too young to be. If you walk in and you see your dentist is twenty three, I'm turning around and walking out and I'm onto something here, what's the perth we've done? And what's the perfect age for bond? What's the perfect age for a dentist? Oh? Dear right, remaphile time.
Speaker 2: You're listening to three aw Breakfast. The white glove mover makes moving a breeze and your new place will feel my come from day one.
Speaker 5: Note after seven. We should be justly proud of the fact that Victoria is the world leader in road safety. Willn't be great of Australia was the world leader in age and social media bands for under sixteen. Australia has been given the green light to use age verification after a trial determined it would be private, robust and effective. Professor Richard Buckland, Professor in Cyber Crime, School of Commuter Science and Engineering at the University of New South Wales, Professor, grateful for your time. When it's introduced, will your common or garden fifteen year old be able to get around it?
Speaker 24: Well, that's the minion dollar question, isn't it. They have done a trial on school children, but of course they won't as motivated. I think inevitably fifteen year olds are pretty good and we'll get some getting around it, but most won't.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm professor here, I am. I'm assuming that you are pro this.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 24: I from a child safety point view, I think it gets fantastic that we're I mean, I'm never pro censorship, but in some cases I think protecting.
Speaker 5: Children is great.
Speaker 24: But I do have a concern Russell, what is that privacy for adults not for the children. I'm slightly nervous that really the only way of doing proper age verification ultimately risks identifying everyone who uses social media, adults who are allowed in as well as children who aren't. And we've seen in America that can actually cause problems when you're government knows who's doing what.
Speaker 4: So this is the unintended consequence.
Speaker 5: So could you articulate what your main professor to give us an example of what you think would be a dreadful thing to.
Speaker 24: Happen if you wanted to say something on social media but it wasn't safe for you to say so, so you're in a repressive regime to say, which obviously we're not. Or in America, for example, you can't get into America now if you've said things that are critical to Trump. We've seen examples of that sometimes happening, and there's no it's just hard to know how far that can go. So I quite like social media being a place where people can just talk and express opinions without having a chilling effect of worrying that what might be used against them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get you, but I prioritize the safety of children ahead of Yeah.
Speaker 24: No, absolutely absolutely. I think the benefits to children's fantastic, and the privacy concerns for adults I'm sure can be solved with legislation, just you know, banning people from using or keeping this information and just.
Speaker 5: Taking out a point that Russell made before we spoke with you, you would be able to say to your I got two under sixteen. You would would be able to say to them, hey, this isn't a guideline, this is the law. Yes.
Speaker 24: Yes, the same thing happened with masks. If you remember in New South Wales masks on trains during COVID. It was recommended, it was recommended, it was a guideline. Everyone kept doing it, and then one day glad to speragically in the premiere said no, you can't do it, and the next day everyone.
Speaker 5: Had more trains.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, precisely so, professor. Is any new technology require in order to make this work, as in make the ban work? Or is it just technology that already exists on the phone and it's just the application of it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, that's exactly right. That's and it sort of has to be that, I guess to make it work. You can't really expect to run to external expensive stuff. There's new AI which can analyze existing for those in existing video capabilities on phone, and then there's linking with existing databases like driver's license databases and government ideas.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're talking to someone who knows nothing about it. I don't have any social media at all. Does that mean a fifteen year old can't have a Facebook page?
Speaker 24: Yeah, if they're one of the I mean, we've heard a couple of goes that which companies are affected and which aren't. But if Facebook is one of the companies listed, then yeah they can't.
Speaker 4: Well and of course and what we absolutely know, Yeah, well Facebook, of course it let's say it mines the data of all of us, right and then sends and then sells that data on.
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah it's and TikTok's probably even worse. So you know, absolutely this will stop children losing that data. And I guess saying things that can never be unsaid.
Speaker 5: That is great, lovely to chat with. You enjoy your Sydney weekend. I like the who's the other fella from the University of New South Wales. There's a great chat on economics Richard holand yeah they must have a bit of fun and the star for him like the cut of their gym. It's twenty four after Save.
Speaker 2: A Sport reports for web Oracle, you're SEO in the hands of experts delivering proven and measurable results search web Oracle can start pushing that SEO dial.
Speaker 5: Seven twenty five. John Anderson has six bottles at the Badery Wood far Heatha, Chian.
Speaker 15: Patrick Downserfield three fifty games tonight along the Brisbane. Patrick comes from a place.
Speaker 5: Do you know the name of the place, Mogg's Creek, Wedgs Creek.
Speaker 15: Toby Bedford comes from a place called Hall's Creek in wa Wayne Wiederman the configure the weed. He came from fish Creek. I need the name of a champion footballer, a Brandley Middalists who came from.
Speaker 5: A creek one double, three, six, nine three straight.
Speaker 15: To our football games, Rusk.
Speaker 4: I'll give some winners, okay, and we're going to do passion as well. Yeah, we'll do that, Okay. It's a long versus lines.
Speaker 15: Along with a passion matter of nine. Given the currently second playing the reigning premiers.
Speaker 5: Assume they're playing it can't lose Park. They do lose there.
Speaker 15: He's got a good scoreboard too, if you need to check what's.
Speaker 4: Going on, Okay, Carton versus Kangas.
Speaker 15: Kangaroos have got Charlie Comden back, who's significant given he plays key defense and count the board in Mark Pittnett to play alongside Tom McCartney is what I've been talking to you too about. Get you played too, Ruckman the same side. Davies's UNI's got to play four quarters of line breaking football. North Melbourne passion meda of seven. Wow, Okay, they're four dollars outsiders, so they rank outside.
Speaker 4: As North versus the Swan.
Speaker 15: Hey Sydney back in PAPLEI a Marty Golden Pepy can play footy. Yeah, Passion met six. I think Sydney can cause an upset.
Speaker 4: Okay, Collingwood versus and Kilda.
Speaker 5: Colin would to win.
Speaker 15: Colain would honestly Darcy Wilson play well again for Sint Kild. He's such a talent young footballer. He's just lost his way a little bit. Colin to win. Pasture Media was six.
Speaker 4: Okay, g WS Giants versus the Goldie.
Speaker 15: Two good sides both in the eighth. Passion Media was five. Come on, it's not fair, is it. It should be higher than that.
Speaker 4: It should be I've.
Speaker 5: Got to be honest for us. I can't. It's sort of been ter passionate of eight.
Speaker 4: But it's going to be good footy to watch.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, we has Tony would say, I think Giants can win this game. But Sam Taylor and Brent Daniels out of their side, they just don't get a clear go with it. The Giants. They make a step forward and they take two backwards in terms of injury.
Speaker 4: Heard around where this has been played, that game Giants versus Goldie.
Speaker 15: They said the Sydney Showground, Sydney shown Sunday one ten.
Speaker 4: The Western Bulldogs Footscray versus the Targets.
Speaker 15: It's a game I'd watch with interest even if Richmond are ten dollars fifty. Outsider is Wi Dogs to win passionate of six? And did we get an answer?
Speaker 5: Dearyll Till from black Rock? Did you did you too that there's a porcouch pork coouch? What did you say, poor couch? I just thought of it. The pork catch came from something like Scroggy Scrubby. You love country pubs.
Speaker 15: I need you to go to Boggie Creek and go to the Boggie Creek Hotel.
Speaker 5: Do not need to be asked to catch?
Speaker 15: You grew up on a dairy farm near or just in Boggy Creek region, which is just outside Waterable. And he went down to Fitzroy and he was told he was too slow, too small. Oh got one hundred kicks playing down at home and came back and the rest is history.
Speaker 5: As they say, and the rim ifile told us the week here noted this that Kenny what's his name, Shane Shane Jacobson called the Dedang hotel.
Speaker 15: Really, he's the type of blake who'd be a really good Republican. If you went in, you'd be happy to see Shane.
Speaker 5: I would have thought, jump on the line now, jorin a discussion with us, you can either we will either ask you what is the perfect age for something? Or you can pose a question to ask such as what's the perfect age to get married?
Speaker 25: Seven thirty?
Speaker 5: Great question? What's the age of reasons?
Speaker 23: Wow?
Speaker 5: And we have no idea how this is going to work. So I saw a movie once in which someone said to a famous writer, look how do you start? And he says, you get the typewriter paper in it, and you just clacking keys, just get going. So we have been discussing join us, folks, if you want one to two in any form, you're going to ask us a question, or you're going to answer one of the questions we're going to pose. We've been discussing perfect ages this morning because I floated the idea that this actor who's just surfaced called Matthew Good he's English. He is so good that.
Speaker 4: It's been around a while.
Speaker 5: Well, no, well he hasn't been in much. Yeah, right, he's in Department Q. Ninety nine percent of people never seen it. He was in the Offer. Ninety nine percent of people have never seen and he is really good. I thought he'd be a great Bond But you two tell me at forty seventy is too old.
Speaker 4: I do think, and he's too tall.
Speaker 5: But what's the perfect age for Bond?
Speaker 4: Well, the problem with that he could be he could You can do a Bond film when you're forty seven years old, but if you start at forty seven, I think that's the issue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I even think it forty No, could he make one? One Bond movie? What's the perfect Let's not get distracted. What is the perfect age for a range of things? What is the perfect age for Bond? You said thirty nine, I say forty.
Speaker 16: Scorch just says you can't do parkour at forty seven, So yeah, thirty seven.
Speaker 5: Thirty seven Okay. And then we heard from Gavin Gray about a dentist who was practicing on people without a license in the Czech Republic. He was a dentist. He was twenty two, twenty two is too young to be a dentist?
Speaker 4: Well, he used Google and YouTube to work out how to be a dentist.
Speaker 5: What's the perfect age for a dentist? Thirty eight, I've become fifty.
Speaker 4: I'm late twenties. I'm up for that, late twenties because they're ambitious people, dentists.
Speaker 5: Right, I've written a list. I've probably got fifteen things on it. One number three six downe three. We're just what did Jimmy Hendrix said, Woodstock? You believe if you wonder, we're just Yemen, come and join us. One number three, six down three.
Speaker 4: All right, what's the I've got one for you? Ross. What's the perfect age to stop work?
Speaker 5: I would say never.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on that. I'm totally with you on that, But other boy would disagree.
Speaker 16: Forty three meeting No, no, no, seventy five.
Speaker 4: Seventy five okay, fair enough.
Speaker 5: What is the perfect age to be the president of the United States?
Speaker 4: Good question?
Speaker 16: Fifty five? Oh no, I know it's a bit younger.
Speaker 4: That lot older than that. I got sixty two, even older than that.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, we could give it a number.
Speaker 4: Seventy one, seventy one.
Speaker 5: What do you.
Speaker 16: Got perfect as you get a mobile phone on the list?
Speaker 4: Very good? Twelve yep, no, sixteen? Sure, well they're not going to yeah we they're not going to want him now.
Speaker 5: And here is the tough parent. He has the luxury because you ever have to deal with it. I have to deal with it.
Speaker 4: That's not entirely true. I didn't have to deal with this right?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 5: Were you? You know, as bold as you are? Now? Can you can, Kate Burke please text me and tell me whether he was that tough in reality?
Speaker 4: Would you imagine that I was tough?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 5: What is the perfect age to be a supermodel?
Speaker 4: I did have that one on my little listener.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did twenty seven, I got twenty five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, twenty nine.
Speaker 5: Okay, come and join us. We've got to pose a question of joining the discussion. Mark question.
Speaker 6: Perfect date, spood chain like that.
Speaker 22: Colonel sand is heifty?
Speaker 4: Isn't that great?
Speaker 5: Did Greg Norman not play golf until he was seventeen?
Speaker 4: I don't know the answer to that, but I love the I love hearing stories about, you know, success stories in business when they actually started very late.
Speaker 5: Ah okay, yes, well of course, Jesse from my favorite local restaurants. Started that restaurant when he was nineteen.
Speaker 4: Rights, all by himself.
Speaker 5: All by himself. What is the perfect age for a man to grow a beard?
Speaker 16: Seventeen?
Speaker 5: Oh seriously, yeah I did?
Speaker 4: Did you? I couldn't do?
Speaker 5: Thirty five? I'm fifty don't but this is three? W is the answer? I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Exist forty nine?
Speaker 5: Good, that's what we want.
Speaker 16: What's the perfect age to retire from amateur footy?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good question? Thirty one?
Speaker 5: Thirty five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably better.
Speaker 5: OK. I was twenty five.
Speaker 4: Good. We're saying, and I should and I stopped way too early.
Speaker 5: Yeah. What is the perfect age to walk to school on your own? Oh?
Speaker 4: That's a cracker?
Speaker 5: Seven shit, I'm twelve.
Speaker 4: No ten. I think double fig double figures, double figures. You are now double figures. Therefore you can walk to school. I think that sort of makes sense.
Speaker 5: What is the perfect age to get married?
Speaker 4: It depends on males or females.
Speaker 5: I'm banned from answering, Yes.
Speaker 4: Which marries one, two, three or four?
Speaker 5: Come on school? Twenty recond thirty three, thirty three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's probably it's controversial. Mid twenty twenty five for women and thirty five for men? Is that controversial?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 4: This is three w thank you?
Speaker 5: What is the perfect age for quantus? Playing?
Speaker 16: Seven years?
Speaker 5: Seven years?
Speaker 4: Well, they used to be that was used to be the average age with seven it's now double that.
Speaker 5: The last one I caught had an ashtray on the back of the door.
Speaker 4: Corners playing best age?
Speaker 5: What not?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 13: Not?
Speaker 4: One year?
Speaker 5: I don't want. I don't want one year. I want the gremlins, any potential gremlins out of the system.
Speaker 4: Months.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 16: What's the perfect age for your first kiss?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 4: That's cute? Is a kiss as in kiss kiss kiss, Kiss.
Speaker 16: Kiss twelve eighteen aden.
Speaker 5: Eighteen? What's what? It's the perfect age for your first drink? Responsible?
Speaker 4: Perfect days for your first drink? No? No, you need to be trained up like the French, the French and like the English force.
Speaker 5: Feeding the Burgundy age seven, holding them down and pouring it down there John a groat and Pete wants to answer some questions. Pet good morning, dear. What is the perfect age? Oh? Actually one of the existing one? To be the president of the United States?
Speaker 24: God going to present candidates, you'd have to say, I'd say it run fifty I reckon fifty.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's younger than we'd have.
Speaker 4: Hey, Pete, what's the perfect age to be a judge?
Speaker 5: That's a great question.
Speaker 11: Question judge.
Speaker 5: Sorry Pete takes under bottle. Your telephone line is terrible. The problem with the perfect age for judges in Australia at seventy you have to retire.
Speaker 4: No, you shouldn't do so.
Speaker 5: If you say it's if it's sixty, you only got a ten year run of it.
Speaker 4: Why do they have to run?
Speaker 5: I think you've got to have a bit of tooth in order to be a judge.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, all right.
Speaker 5: You've got to have seen the have been the flow of human affairs.
Speaker 4: So we can agree that the perfect day for judge is lemon chicken.
Speaker 5: They are one year? One year? Uh tease? You rushed through, wouldn't you bang? Gilldy not Gildy ten million? So that are you lost? Liam?
Speaker 13: Yes, perfect age for a dentist would be fifty because they've had quite a bit of experience. I used to work for an old certain who was eighty two and still removing teeth perfectly.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm with you. I want my dentist to have a bit of tooth.
Speaker 16: You're starting to lose your The problem you're not losing a little bit. You are not making in his thirties, right, So you've got to be worried.
Speaker 5: Now go to the dentist that he's fifty and what he's got that little picking thing and you go, mate, it's not meant he knows. Oh, Chris got a question.
Speaker 8: I've got a ross and ross. Forty plus years ago, when I was a young bigger in the army, I had a crusty old warrant officer that used to always di spent advice to young soldiers, and his one of his was have to pick the perfect age for your wife. And his calculation was, you have your age and add eight.
Speaker 5: You were seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've always thought it was half plus seven.
Speaker 5: Christ where were picking?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 5: Half plus seven plus seven.
Speaker 4: There we goes.
Speaker 5: Allow me to do something that's nice A crusty was that? Is there any type of warrant officer rather than a crusty old one.
Speaker 24: Mary, what's the perfect tide for a mountain climber or a bellerina called ballerina?
Speaker 4: So mountain climber or ballerina? Perfect dog?
Speaker 5: Did you say height or rage high?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Idea. Well, no, no, I guess what's that?
Speaker 7: Five inches taller.
Speaker 4: The ballet arena. The ballerina's five inches taller than the rock climber.
Speaker 11: No, the perfect for either of them is five inches taller.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got check because the rock climber is always doing that. And Marty, if I can say to Damien, can you find who was the rabbi? Jackie Mason who opines on the subject of ballet, and his concluding line is, why don't they just get a taller goyle? Which is nice observation about ballerrenas, isn't it, Well, they just get a taller goyle.
Speaker 16: Steve guys perfect age to be a horse trainer, Come.
Speaker 5: On, Ross, that's interest because you've got the Hayes boys quite young. Chris Waller would be fifty two, and then you had bart Bart training into his eighties. You'd, I don't know, I want a little bit of experience. But then you got to get up early because the lamb's oh maybe if you're geting up for a week when you're eighty, that's right, you might say, I might as well take the horse for agather. So to speak. Perfect age for a horse trainer is sixty one. What do you reckon? Stay? I reckon forty forty mar the perfect age, and it''s thirty in the waight.
Speaker 21: Old girl was walking around, flying around. Nobody knows why she was crashing into this guy. That guy once throws her around. Nobody knows why they're throwing her around. They don't know what they're watching because she's on ho toes all the time. She's always on her toes. That everybody's wondering, why don't they get a taller girl.
Speaker 5: I've seen him live in New York. Jackie Mason Trip a Deal has crafted an incredible eleven day trip to Japan for our wonderful listeners. Get on this. The trip costs just three four hundred ninety nine dollars per person twins incredible value. This eleven day trip of Deal package include.
Speaker 4: Return international, full service flights, hotel accommodation, Dali breakfast and cannabase and drinks reception with the three W radio crew. You'll also visit Mount Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka and much more. And to make it even more exciting, booking this once in a lifetime Japan trip automatically enters you into the draw to win the cost of your holiday back in cash ross.
Speaker 5: There are eighty thousand Rahmen shops in Tokyo alone. You can spend your entire life trying to eat every at every single Raman shop in Japan. I'm only half you know what rama is? Is it sort of a noodle soup?
Speaker 4: It noodles in my mind? Is that right?
Speaker 5: And is that the one where the customer when the customer enters the restaurant, all the staff go sort of like norm right sunny top of fourteen degrees? What the hell has happened? What happened to sixteen degrees? It was going to be six days now, says fourteen degrees, and it's six degrees now.
Speaker 4: Apparently I was so tough that I banned thongs.
Speaker 5: According to your wife, Oh that's great. You're sort of like a nap job bob up there in North Korea. Just wake up in the morning and just ban stuff because you can. It's eleven to w breakfast.
Speaker 2: If you love travel and love saving money, Inspiring Vacations into Financial Year sale is on now. Visit Inspiring Vacations dot com.
Speaker 5: Seven minutes to eight after eight, We're going to make someone half a million dollars richer when we announced the winner of the Royal Melbourne Hospital Lottery Early Bird draw.
Speaker 4: Earlier this year, didn't we Yeah, we're doing it again.
Speaker 5: Half a million bucks prepular leaving Australia in the highest numbers since the pandemic abil risby former Immigration Department de WUD Secretary and experted immigration population to whom we have spoken before, nice to speak again. Will is we're speculating, is this student's going home?
Speaker 23: Yes, mixture of students going home, plus the fact that Australia had a record two point eight million temporary entrance in Australia during that quarter, so some increase in departures was to be expected.
Speaker 4: And are we going to expect a continuation of that as a trend?
Speaker 23: That's certainly likely, That's certainly what Treasury is forecasting. In fact, a Treasury is forecasting an acceleration in departures over the next couple of years.
Speaker 5: And now why is that?
Speaker 23: Well, once again, it's a function of policy tightening. The policy tightening that the government has introduced over the last couple of years is starting to impact. And secondly, because of the size of the temporary entry cohort in Australia, it was inevitable to rise in departures would take.
Speaker 4: Place, and of all the numbers, is going to be big enough to actually affect the economy in a negative sense?
Speaker 23: I wouldn't think so. I mean, certainly Treasury is forecasting of very significant decline in a net migration.
Speaker 6: Over the next two years.
Speaker 23: It's projecting that it will settle at about two hundred and thirty thousand per annum. I frankly would be surprised if it falls that fast and that far, but let's wait and see. I think the government would need to tighten policy further to get down to those sorts of numbers. The other issue, of course, is the strength of the labor market. Our labor market has remained so strong and that has sustained very high levels of net migration.
Speaker 4: Bill In the sixties and seventies, there was, of course, this thing called the brain drain, where talented Australians left the country. Is there any evidence that there's some brain drain going on.
Speaker 26: Yes, OSSI citizens are leaving the country in slightly larger numbers, but that's been the case for a long time. Ozzie has intended to travel around the world get jobs in various places, around the world, and so we do experience some degree of brain drain.
Speaker 23: That's true.
Speaker 5: What Jim Chalmer's going to think about that, given the the only reason we're not in a recession is because of migration.
Speaker 23: Well he will be a little nervous about that, I'm sure. But policy is designed to get knit migration down, so that is the objective. So let's wait and see whether it does that. Whether he can make the balance between getting knit migration down and avoiding slowing the economy is the challenge that he faces.
Speaker 5: Good only Abil risv former Immigration Department Deputy Secretary and an expert in the field. Out of the eight o'clock years, we're going to make someone half a million dollars richer. When we announced the winner of the Royal Melbourne Hospital Lottery early bird draw because the lottery sold out early.
Speaker 4: And did we do earlier in the year when we did this was the recipient.
Speaker 5: He was on a train. He was on a bus, on a bus and he couldn't go a yippie io kaya galloping all the way because he was in the quiet carriage. Instagratio solutions. Time need a question to answer the bet settle of something help with your homework one double three six nine three. It is four minutes to instant radio solutions.
Speaker 2: Gott a gurgle one hundred percent no digging guarantee from the drain man. Call us, we'll fix it fast one eight hundred bad drain man.
Speaker 5: Then it's a right quick question, Cookie.
Speaker 11: Is the water from the big freeze recycled?
Speaker 5: What do they do with the water from the big freeze? It'll be a little gamey, but you could put it on a garden well. Whether they use it on the surface of the ground exactly all right, Let.
Speaker 4: Just pipe it out of the ground after the center and then let gravity do the rest.
Speaker 5: Some player trips on a man keene of them. It is eight o'clock on a W three a W breakfast.
Speaker 2: If you love travel and love saving money, Inspiring Vacations into Financial Year sale is on now. Visit Inspiring Vacations dot com.
Speaker 5: Seven after eight we are about to announce the early bird winner for the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery. How much money The lottery sold out early this year? Yeah, not earlier this year. It sold out early, that's how successful it was, and earlier this morning seven am. To be precise. I think officials at the Royal Melbourne Hospital drew the winner at the offices of deloittees. That's it, and we are about to call the winner because the early bird winner wins half a million dollars in gold. How good is that?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 5: Half a million dollars, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and when the world is fractious, you know what happens to the gold price, don't you, Ross I do.
Speaker 5: Let's call that person and hope that they answer the phone. It is eight after eight.
Speaker 23: Hello, Ben speaking.
Speaker 5: Ben, I'm about to make a statement of fact for you. You are you are half a million dollars richer than you were when your phone rang.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, you're joking.
Speaker 5: You are the winner of the early bird draw for the Royal Melbourne Hospital home lottery made and you now own five hundred thousand dollars worth of gold.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I'm in the car with the kids there, I reckon.
Speaker 5: That is wonderful, Ben. We're very pleased to be able to bring you that nears. And of course what you're doing is you're supporting the Royal Melbourne Hospital for a start, and your reward is half a million dollars worth of gold. What you got to do now? With you half a million dollars worth of gold. Ben is cross your fingers, and I hope that Donald Trump drops a bomb on you, because.
Speaker 4: You know what happens to the gold price.
Speaker 24: Step away from the button, Donald.
Speaker 5: Ben, this is wonderful and I can hear a car full of joy and you'll be dropping the kids at school. I assume Ben wonderful to be able to bring you that news from three W in Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Wow, thank you so much.
Speaker 14: I mean, yeah, the hospital is just an amazing cause and you know we love supporting it.
Speaker 8: But wow, this Never would have thought anything like this would happen.
Speaker 5: Keep your eyes on the road. That's Ben has just won half a million dollars in gold.
Speaker 4: I want to see a picture of Ben and his family. Is that possible?
Speaker 5: No? No, I think there's all sorts of I do notice in the terms and conditions that there are all sorts of provisions about anonymity being preserved if someone wants to Okay, got it.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The first thing that occurred when he's one half a million dollars in gold and I'm looking at Damian, I don't know whether it's audio or not. All visual in apocalypse now, he said, he was in the car with the kids. I think at one stage Colonel Kurtz has written a letter home saying, sell the car, sell the kids. Yes it isn't it?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 5: Yes? I was at Colby, not Kerk. Look at scorching my year straight away. The Rock Melbourne Hospital is always there when it matters most in. Your support of the Home Lottery helps to ensure that world class healthcare is accessible to everyone every day. And the website for the lottery is r MH Home Lottery dot com dot au, which we hear a bit about on this program. That's it. There will be nine thousand more prizes drawn today, nine thousand, oh including the house being drawn today, including the four point four million dollar grand prize in Sorrento. And it's already sold out, so someone's about to well, nine thousand people are about to get a boost. R MH Homelottery dot com dot Au. Yeah, doesn't bend sound like a splendid jack, I'll say right, it's time for the burning questions from the day's news.
Speaker 6: On and where and where?
Speaker 13: Who?
Speaker 4: Like Soapy caller we had earlier today, misses their underpanther? Now what is an underpanther?
Speaker 5: Well, his underpanther has moved on, which caused him yesterday to get a bowl, put all his underpants in it and end the pens in it and set fire Toway.
Speaker 4: Where is the best barn?
Speaker 22: Me?
Speaker 4: Should we do a World Cup perhaps? And when will ac DC confirm their tour dates?
Speaker 5: Who thinks it's a good idea to revive State of Origin football in the AFL?
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 5: I don't where are all the people who are leaving Australia going home? And when are they going to stop selling devices on TIMU that can start your twenty ten Toyota land cruiser Because.
Speaker 4: We found out in the room file this week thirty seven land cruisers were nicked over the course of a fortnight.
Speaker 5: It's time for word of the week.
Speaker 16: Oh wow, everybody's heard about the.
Speaker 5: Word Where to the week?
Speaker 4: Is massive? Ordinary penetrator.
Speaker 5: Just sitting there in a shed somewhere. I don't know whether in two weeks time it's going to be in a shed or in Tehran, and it's time for.
Speaker 4: Anywhere there were chicken Man is going to be ic DC.
Speaker 11: Ic DC.
Speaker 5: Damian Tardio every week compiles his Sandload Medal of the things that happened on this program and were played on this program during the week. Number six, Niagara Falls.
Speaker 2: Slowly, I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him and I smashed my cow.
Speaker 5: That was the three Stooges, and that was apropos of sleeper agents in that case in three Stooges activated by a particular phrase, which I think was Niagara Falls. Number five, Who've come in here with a skullful of mush? You leave thinking like a lawyer, how do we get onto that? Probably Monday. That was John Houseman in a movie called Paper Chase, come in here with a skull full of mush? Number four any program home like you to get on his news? And there's a word taken out before news. That's the unemployed actor with nail and I complaining that his lack of work means the only time he will get on televisions on the news. Number three, ie, you'll give to your younger self. Spend less time with the kids. Spend less less, less time with the kids. They just waste your time.
Speaker 13: I can't believe a father would they spend less time with your kids?
Speaker 5: No kids? It was a New Zealander I reckon number two or number one is going to be something from earlier on the program today, Number.
Speaker 7: Two like my three bedroomhouse in Richmond. Of that note ball room, well.
Speaker 5: That was today.
Speaker 4: That was Sophie, Sophie, and surely number one the underpan.
Speaker 19: Yeah big, I.
Speaker 5: Thought Peter Crouch might get a run.
Speaker 4: Well, which was great.
Speaker 5: I got time to play Peter Crouch here, dammy if I give you enough time. At four day and after eight on Talk Radio three aw Peter Krautch was a fa We were talking about him because he was a famous header of the ball in the context of a story we did about heading the ball in soccer maybe not been good for your trams and trains. He famously gave an answer once in an interview.
Speaker 17: When you were asked in an interview what would you be if you weren't a footballer? And you replied a virgin?
Speaker 5: That's e wait by Friday prediction results from Monday.
Speaker 4: Ross said, the Australian Embassy in Israel, Waller have reopened.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming it has well.
Speaker 4: I heard that the American Embassy is actually shut as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you said, I will have organized a street parade to celebrate my birthday.
Speaker 4: Please Gavin said Malcolm Turnbull is going to be approached to rejoin the Liberal Party.
Speaker 5: Wayne said a troubled AFL footballer will come out publicly and say that he wants to be traded to one of the northern States.
Speaker 4: David said Donald Trump will have flip flopped on international meta so much that Greenpeace will have mistaken him for a fish out of water and rolled him back into the sea.
Speaker 5: Kimber. Yeah, three hundred and fifty bucks for you from the Blind Factory. David James said the federal seat of Bradfield will have been in the Court of Disputed Returns and they'll have to have a whole new election.
Speaker 4: Marty said Donald Trump is going to put his face on one hundred dollar bill.
Speaker 5: Michael said there will be no reported earthquakes. Well, yeah, Jesu're out of luck there, Michael.
Speaker 4: No money for creativity around one hundred dollar bill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, three hundred and fifty bucks. Okay. Good for Marty who said Donald Trump's going to put his face one hundred dollar bill. Good on you. He loves giving it away and know he don't. The Blind Factory call one three blinds an audio shutters now for installation with designer quality at a lifetime guarantee. Why would you go anywhere anywhere else other than the blind Factory? Who can find on one three blinds Sonny top of fourteen degrees at six degrees. Now it's sixteen after.
Speaker 2: Eight, you're listening to three aw breakfast. The white glove mover makes moving a breeze, and your new place will feel like home from day one, twenty after eight. Food for the Bauderly Wines family wine makers since nineteen twenty eight. Enjoy responsibly.
Speaker 5: Amelia Fuller, our mate, reviews food for this program merely good morning, Where have you been?
Speaker 27: Good morning? I've been to Fancy Hanks. It's at seventy nine Burke Street at the top there.
Speaker 5: I've been.
Speaker 4: Have you been, Rutt, No, I have not, but I know that you can buy their sauce.
Speaker 27: You can buy their sauce as well, and you definitely should because I went on the hunt this week for something warm, maybe something with a fireplace, and then I thought, wait, I can do better than a fireplace. I need someone with a smoker. If I took myself to Fancy Hanks, and as soon as you get in it's upstairs. But then once you walk in that door. You can get that hickory smoky smell immediately. It's all deco fit out, it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: And it's all meat that's been cooked for a year.
Speaker 27: Yeah, they do a good job of that, but in a good way.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. I had the brisket, which I noticed on the menu is sixteen hour smoked BARLEI fed angus this brisket.
Speaker 4: Nice, twenty nine perfect age for a brisket, perfect.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 27: I think that's what they do really well is obviously they use really good cuts of meat as well, which sometimes with barbecue you can use the cheaper cuts and kind of slow cook it. But as you've just told us, they do really good cuts and they cook it really well. So you've got to get double there. Let's get right into it. So you have to obviously get some ribs if you're going to do barbecue. I've got the half ribs. They're charred and that dry rub on the outside sweet enough, but obviously peppery smoky. You just want to rip each one off and leave the bones behind, beautifully done.
Speaker 5: What's the perfect age for a waiter?
Speaker 27: I would say twenty six.
Speaker 4: Thirty seven fifty.
Speaker 27: Actually, I agree with you.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 27: You want experience. Yeah, yeah, definitely. What about some chicken. I know it's not traditionally kind of as much into the barbecue. Are you into the chicken? If I tell you about the smoked chicken, yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Tell us about it. But you're not shifting me off the brisket.
Speaker 27: Well that's fair enough. I mean, I wouldn't try to shift you off the brisket. But you've gotta have some other things on the table. So we'll have some chicken, some furs, some smoked chicken. They've got the free range chicken thighs their juice on the inside.
Speaker 4: So something controversial here ross the vegan platter. Yeah, I reckon I could find my way around that.
Speaker 5: I thought the same thing. Fascinating smoked hormous nuts, corn ribs, pumpkin broccoli, pickles, coldslaw, and fries sounds good. God, fries aren't made from animals exactly.
Speaker 27: Yeah, that would be a whole other thing. I did put some corn ribs in front of you guys, and Russell said, what the.
Speaker 5: Hell is that?
Speaker 4: Not so keen on the look of that, But anyway, that's okay.
Speaker 27: No, the corn ribs are like this because they use obviously the smoker to cook it as well. It's flavorsome the whole way through. Normally they just get the buttery, beautiful but buttery. On top note, it was you could get the flavor through each kernel, which I was pretty impressed.
Speaker 5: Is it sort of a associate this with the south of the American South?
Speaker 23: You gone on a guard with no.
Speaker 5: That's blues?
Speaker 27: Could you even make out what they were saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you're gonna there's a word been taken out. I can put it back in. When they got a Bob's Country bunker, did they not? And they try to leave without without paying, and the front of them and says, you're going to look pretty strange trying to eat corn on the cod with no redacting teeth.
Speaker 27: Keep the redacting in that. That's very good. What about all right, let me throw some random exact you What about a deviled egg? Yeah, yeah, a bit of tang, a little bit of paprika on there, you'll take it all. Some buffalo wings, oh yes, yes, yes, I think there's only four on the plate. So it's a nice little just starter, just to get your your tummy warmed up before we slap down and brisket. Very happily.
Speaker 5: We want some connection with this program. Had a meet a little place either in Nashville or I think it was in Nashville called peg leg Porker. Can you look it up, scorches peg leg poker, peg leg porker because the blogo unded only had one leg.
Speaker 27: Yeah, you could probably guess that one.
Speaker 5: The waiter came around at one stage with all this read mat I ordered, I asked to see the wine list. He looked at me as if I had suggested that we have a seance.
Speaker 27: He said, you're.
Speaker 5: Surely there's wine and fancys.
Speaker 27: There is certainly wine, of course, because it's you're the top of Melbourne in this city. You're going to go to Paris and you're getting wine. But can I try and bring you a little bit away from the wine because they've got lots of amazing bourbon cocktails. No, that's fair enough. Of course, they've got lots of beers as well, and they do beautiful local beers.
Speaker 5: Can you drink bourbon?
Speaker 27: Can? I? Yes?
Speaker 5: And I can enjoy it.
Speaker 27: I can enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I enjoy it, enjoy it.
Speaker 27: No, we're getting we're getting grimaces over here.
Speaker 4: I've got to ask one quick question.
Speaker 5: Now ask the other side of this rash. Fancy Hanks, seventy nine, Burk Street, Melbourne, Top Top End. It's twenty five after three a w.
Speaker 2: Breakfast where the retirement is a few beats or just a tick away. Aware super can help you find your rhythm of retirements. Visit us at Aware dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Twenty eight after eight Take us out with just a little snippet from Fancy Hanks.
Speaker 27: Well, I couldn't convince you to try the bourbon, but what about a bourbon Sunday? Would you try that? Okay, okay, good, thanks, Let's do the Bourbon Sunday.
Speaker 5: Whatever happened to Ross Well one day Sunday, beginning of the end, that was it.
Speaker 27: Well, the beginning of the end really could be the platters. That's the way to really do this. So for fifty nine ahead you can be sorted.
Speaker 4: The Peak of the week winner is Glenn, Today's rumor file winner is star Cross Rovers, the weekly winner is more light and pretty easy, and the wildcard yearly entry goes to Price is Wrong.
Speaker 5: Tom. We'll be joined by Opposition leader Brad Batton. What a fun week we've had, folks, fabulous. You are incredible. This week it's a long way to the top one of the World Cup of ac DC Songs. We compile the definitive list of the worst three word combinations and we just gave Ben half a million dollars in the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery. We'll start to do that all over again from five thirty am on Monday. See you then eight thirty.
Speaker 23: Have a good weekend, mister Walker, you too, Son,