Speaker 1: Tracy Sheen, Tracy's a wonderful person. She's going to help us talk about AI helping Ozzie kids in particular. Does it help them, they make them? Does it learn that they've learned how to cheat? And Tray says, it's no different on how we taught past generations to use things as you say, calculate us for example, or I don't know, going online and reading the reading the Wikipedia. I guess these days. Tracy Sheen, good morning, good morning. It's lovely to have you on the program. Thank you for a little bit of time, given that we were just talking about those things that we learned all those years ago. People now are sort of, to some degree, Tracy, reinventing themselves at that younger, younger age because things have changing and they continue to change.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't know if they're reinventing as much as you know that the kids don't know any different, right, It's exactly the same as your previous guests saying that she had to learn how they had to learn how to read via braille, and I had to get a pen license when I was at school. We didn't know any different.
Speaker 1: We just had what we had, the old pen license. Were you an ink will monitor trace?
Speaker 2: Gosh? Not quite? Not quite. I did have to I did have to prove that I could write in pencil before I was allowed to move to pen that's right. And I did have to get the calculator license.
Speaker 1: The calculator license. What did that entail?
Speaker 2: Well, we had to prove that we could do long division and multiplication and things before we were allowed to whip out the Cassio.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're going to whip out the Cassio. Exactly what a brand that is? It remains I mean, Cassio, by the way, do some amazing watches these days as well. The reason that we got Johnny is to talk about some of these things about how we train younger people these days. What do you got for stras?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, it's really really important. My concern here is that our current crop of students aren't necessarily being prepared for the workforce that they're about to enter. So I think as a whole, as parents, as grandparents, as supporters of students, it's really incumbent upon us to support our educators to get up to speed with exactly what's going on, and to provide the students with the ability to actually lean in and leverage some of these tools as opposed to you know, sometimes perhaps tying one arm behind their back and kind of saying to them, look, you can't really use AI for this because that's not the workforce that they're going to enter.
Speaker 1: So is it the we're clearly I think we live in what's referred to, is it not as a digital age?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Look, I think it's about to be, if not now, the AI enabled age, I think is the next phase that we're going to enter.
Speaker 1: There's some people are still concerned about that, what will look at, what that will look like sooner rather than later?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look quite right, I think a dose of healthy skepticism is healthy. We need to be aware and mindful. But you know, let's face it, it's here. It's not that it's coming. It's already here. We've been using it for years, whether it's Google Maps, whether it's any of the streaming platforms. Even your show is available as a podcast. You know, all this technology. So it's already here. It's just that we now need to really identify that it's going in leaps and bounds and we just need to get up to speed pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Tracy, going back to the early part of the eighties, We're going a great radio station three B in Ballerrette and Victoria. And for some reason, I'd purchased this very small TV screen and I took it into the studio because I think from memory it might have been tennis it was on. It's a very small TV screen. I set it down where I was playing the records so that I could give updates on the score. Boss of the radio station came up the stairs and said, that's got to go. We don't have TV screens here in a radio studio. Now, as I look around the studio in which I'm now sitting in twenty twenty five, conservatively between the two studios five there, I reckon there's another four or five conservatively there would be fifteen screens.
Speaker 2: Well, you and I have certainly a lot in common. I mean, if I think back to the early eighties, I was probably busy recording Casey casem.
Speaker 1: You know, that's the years the American tough forty exactly hitting the play and the record at the right time.
Speaker 2: And hoping people just like you weren't going to talk over the whole introduction so I could capture the entire song that I wanted. So you know, again, it's just that evolution. It's just being prepared to recognize that the way that we were doing things then is not the way that we're doing things now, and it's not going to be the way that we're doing things in twelve months, three years time.
Speaker 1: If I have people have looked at your website trace, which is called the Digitalguide dot com, what will they see?
Speaker 2: They will see everything from how to adopt AI in an ethical way, how to support kids with responsible adoption, and you know, all kinds of digital literacy and everything in between.
Speaker 1: Do you bring in the little four, five, six seven year olds in that early.
Speaker 2: I have. I have grandbabies that are six and three, and you know, it's the old story of if I can't step the video recorder other than even a video Now I'm again I'm showing my age, But you know, give the kids that I remember the first time my oldest grandchild looked at a magazine and he tried to pinch and zoom, thinking it was an iPad. So I do that too.
Speaker 1: It's great to talk to you, Tracy.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a look at that website, The Digitalguide dot com dot au Tracy Sheen, thanks for staying up nice and late for us Tracy on Australia every night. We'll do this when we come back. Plenty of time for your calls. Come and join us one double three six nine three. If you're sending the messages and some of them are hysterical, well done US zero four double seven six nine three six nine three