Speaker 1: Is that Australian have to buy a Bunning snag with a QR code the yester the ninety four of the nose of three. There are reasons for it. Joining us now is Lewis Daisley from the Collegian's Footy Club. Hi, Lewis Simon Beaumont.
Speaker 2: How are you hey, Bellie? Hi?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, good to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So take us through from ground zero. If you're running a sausage to li at Bunnings, what do Bunnings say and do to you? And how does the little white tile work and how does the QR part of it work?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we initially contacted Bunnings asking to to a fundraiser and from there it was actually really easy. They basically took everything they'd sent us one or two forms to fill out and from there part of that was I think through a payments application I guess called stripe YEP. We put in our BSB in account details and then essentially on the day people got the camera app, I guess up, they scan the QR code from their Essentially a website popped up where they all that did it was essentially select if they wanted a soft drink or a hot dog, and then apple pay popped up, so yeah, it wasn't a It wasn't. We were initially concerned it was going to be a bit of a put in your car details, which takes a bit, but once you scanned it, apple pay popped up, so it really didn't take more than I guess thirty to forty five seconds to pay for your hot dog. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well when you me Lewis and you a bit older and you haven't got your glasses, let me tell you it took me good five minutes. So you've got to struct the strike links. So don't you know, I don't think I'm alone in all of that. So the so all you do is give them your Bunnings, your PSB. Did you get a sense of Bunnings are trying to make it easier so collegians could make some more dough.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'd like. We still had a cash float, so yep, all people had cashed. That was fine. I found that it was easy for us because we didn't have to essentially have someone on a till per se where they were asking what people wanted. They just came up, scanned and then essentially would show us the order we could still go into the back end to see what they ordered, but it was as easy then essentially turning their phone towards us to show what they got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't know this, Luis, but I'm assuming if I go to Bunnings this weekend it's the same deal. I'm in the system and it'll be quicker for me, right, So it's the first time setup. How much dough did you make?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 1: Roughly? If you can tell.
Speaker 2: Us, I'd say we probably did about boy, we we end up, I'd say maybe nearly a thousand dollars. We were on a long weekend, so we were pretty lucky with a big day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so worth it for you?
Speaker 2: It's worth it you, Oh yeah, definitely, No, it was I think as much. It was good raising the money, like where a lot of people from the footy club come out and help volunteer. So it was a good day for us.
Speaker 1: Camaraderie in that sense as well, camaraderie fellowship. Who was did you get any people, any human beings like me walking away from from the Q going up to.
Speaker 2: In the couple hours I was there, I'd say no, but yeah, I couldn't say for when there are other people there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what Bunnings was it, mate?
Speaker 2: I'll claim what Bunnings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that's the double story one, that's the fancy one's got to elevator. Yeah all right, thanks Lewis, good to talk to you, mate, No worries.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, boy.
Speaker 1: Lewis Daisley from Collegians. So so from the charities point of view, you tell Bunny or you apply to Bunnings. They asked for your BSB and they will set the stripe link up for you st R I p E stripe link up for you, and then humans like me come along given the option. Do you have cash nope? Do you have your glasses nope? Do you want to go online and sign up? You use the QR code And that was the drama, right, So bank details, your you know your card expiry date, you see CVV that little number on the back, you email address, all of that. So that took a while and then then you go press one philosophy in button one, soft drink comes through, you pay for it, You go back to the counter and you show someone your phone and they just give you your order. So yeah, it's meant and I trust Bunnings on this because I like Bunnings. I trust Buntings on this. They set it up so it's the charity can save money and don't have to pay that high fee for the little white tap and go machine