S1: Hi everyone. Welcome to the Mark My Words podcast. We're getting close to Finals Footy round 21 this weekend. Peggy Riddell is here. But look who's back. He's back. Where the bloody hell were you? Use one from Lara Bingle.
S2: I was incapacitated last week.
S1: Beg your pardon?
S2: I did what I was bedridden. No. Yep. After giving it to you? Yes. After giving it to you about having RSVP. I went, I got the bastard went down, I and karma's a bitch. And it hit me right between the eyes, you know? So be careful what you wish for out there, people. And first of all, I apologize for what I said to you, because you've got to atone before you can become the boss comes back to you, right? Alright, so now we're going to get that off your chest level.
S1: Can I just make it clear I don't make any apologies for what I've said about piggy. He's soft. He missed an origin in a grand final. Yep. So? So m g. Yes. Before we get into it. Right. So, you know, big, tough bloke like you are. How do you handle sickness? Are you a big sook?
S2: Oh, of course. What man isn't. All men are. Oh, doc, can I get a bell or something? Can I ring? It's off. Like she goes. Why are you so dramatic? I said, no, your tonsils are up. We know you got sore chest, but you don't have to go. Oh, what's the groaning for? We have soft cocks, men. When it comes to the flu. We are soft cocks because we just are. We just make it like we. We just drag it out. It's like the end of the world, isn't it? You're gone. I know you're gone. Should I like, should I do a video for the kids and say goodbye to him? Like.
S1: Where's the will? Let me take it.
S2: But, um, for three days. But I was just on my back and I thought, you know, I had the tonsils up. I had the chest infection. And, and ironically, they said you've had a bout a bout of RSV. And I said, well, that's what I bagged one of my colleagues for having that. I've never I've never heard of it until that. But apparently there's a massive outbreak of it this winter. Everywhere. Yeah. Yeah.
S1: Well, Jesus. Good to have you back.
S2: It's great to be back. Great to be.
S1: Back. I didn't realize how punishing it is to do a podcast with just two people. Unbelievable. Just me actually, you know? Excuse me. You know what?
S2: Actually he's entertaining.
S1: It's one of our best. It was pretty good, actually. We missed him, though.
S2: Thanks, mate.
S1: He's back. We're a we're a trio. We need the three of us. We are massive news. What? We've got our first sponsor. We. We salute Michael Sullivan and his team. To Colin and everybody else at better BETR download the app. And when we run through the footage, we're going to give the odds.
S2: Get on.
S1: Board. We love better. We've had a great a great relationship.
S2: Sally with Sally when he's there.
S1: Yeah. Well when he's when.
S2: He's around.
S1: He's on fact finding missions. You know, Pauline Hanson went to the UK, Sally went to Europe. Where would you rather go anyway? Better. Thank you for your support and welcome aboard the Mark My Words podcast. And to all of our listeners and viewers, if you haven't already got a gambling site that you like to have a flutter on the football or the racing, you name it, all the different sports. Download the beta app B e, t r or get onto the website BETR better.com.au. You watch gambling really costing you. If it's a problem, you can go to gambling help online.org.au. You. Jeez. Big week of news, boys. Um, I suppose the the big stories have revolved around the injuries Tommy Turbo and now Latrell Mitchell, Cam Murray. Gee whiz, I know it's a long season, but they're dropping like flies.
S2: What about poor old turbo? Oh. Oh, how bad do you feel for him? AM I right in saying five on one and four on the other in his hamstrings? Yeah. I I I, I just can't believe it. Every, every person rugby league that I know shakes their head and feel so sorry for him. Yeah. It's just one of them guys who he's so endearing to. You know, he was when he spoke to us at Magic Round. We just you look at him go. I love that kid. Yeah, yeah. You know him and his brother. Just this. They're so manly. And, um, I, I think there's got to be some serious conversations going forward about obviously fallback. I think the fallback days are done. I think he's got to be either five, eight or center, you know, a big bodied five eight. I think that explosive running that he's so renowned for. I think he knows it's not there anymore. And watching him play is kind of awkward sometimes because there's a gap and the old turbo would have went through it.
S1: Bang!
S2: Yeah. But now it's not happening. And I feel that manly are kind of indicative of the way turbo is feeling. Turbos apprehension about hitting a gap and hitting top speed is kind of like manly. Uh, over the last eight weeks, they just don't have that, like where they were before.
S3: Jesus dropped off, hasn't it hasn't manly. It has. Yeah.
S2: But I think there's no excuses now because I know turbos out. Yeah. Now they've got Lehigh full back. He's he's fantastic. I love the way he plays on the wing. I like that as well. So um obviously you need turbo you know, but they've got no excuses now.
S1: Question for you, piggy, because you're sort of in a club setup, right? So someone like Tom Trbojevic and Latrell, they suffer these injuries. Yeah. Are they in at the club all the time? Yeah. And what sort of supports around someone like turbo. Because like, I'm assuming as much as it's physical it must be tough up here. Yeah.
S3: And the the clubs these days have a lot more capability around um being able to help players like that. So obviously they'll go into a rehab group and that's, that's been forever and a day. That's what happens. But they'll be managed separately from the playing group. Um, they'll be there all the time. But obviously when the team's out on the field, they're obviously doing their rehab, their physio, everything that they can do to get themselves back onto the field. And then the mental part of it as well, there's wellbeing people at clubs now, uh, welfare people, they'd be all always touching base with those injured players just to make sure that they're okay. Like we have that, uh, in the female space at the Dragons and it'd be no different. Every club would have those wellbeing people just checking on them, making sure that they're okay and getting through their injury and their rehab.
S1: I know you spent a lot of time off the field through suspension. Did you suffer any bad injuries throughout your career?
S2: Oh, look, there was a couple of years ago I had a groin injury, a back injury, which put me out for maybe eight and ten weeks respectively. Um, I think when you're in the rehab group, the idle time is what hurts you most when you. Of course, they'd send you home because I had nothing like they've got now. They put you in the pool or they do something some non non-resistant running.
S3: Yeah yeah.
S2: Yeah. They had nothing like that back in my day. So they'd say, um get your physio then go home. And so you had 4 or 5 hours of nothing. So you'd say well who's home. Do they want to go to the pub.
S1: Do you have any bad ones mate.
S3: I was pretty lucky. Um. Oh I don't really need to touch wood because I'm not playing anymore. But, um. Look, I had a few injuries, like your knees and an ankle. I tore all the ligaments in my ankle, but that was during the preseason spewing.
S2: Great timing. Great timing for a trap.
S3: Came back round two as well.
S1: Yes. Have you told the story? So piggy went and played. You were playing tag or something?
S3: No. That's how I did the angle.
S1: That was it.
S3: Yeah.
S1: I told Porkies to the car.
S3: So I was playing at Parramatta. We just come off the back of a good season in oh five. We made the prelim final, got dusted in that. Anyway, I was playing tag with all my local mates and they were a bit older, so playing over 30s, you know, the whole. Oh yeah yeah. Bringing bringing a car into the thing. We're on the drink, you know, after it. Well, I've done my ankle like bad where I had to like, couldn't even walk on it. Drove home lucky it was just around the corner. Iced it up, rang the physio, said, mate, I've done my ankle. Got to come in. So I went in. The next morning. They're like, I'm like, fuck, what am I going? What am I going to do? Like, what am I going to tell the smithies? Brian oh, Jesus. So I said, mate, you wouldn't believe it. I took my dog for a walk with my girlfriend. I'll throw on the tennis ball, I said and threw the tennis ball and the dog came charging back. Knocked me off my feet. I did my ankle.
S1: You're a liar. Why did he believe it?
S3: Oh. Who knows?
S1: Who knows?
S3: Surely he gave me credit for the story, though.
S1: What about. What about Latrell Mitchell? Um, he's spending more time off the field than on it at the moment, isn't he? Which is becoming a bit of a problem for him.
S3: Yeah. It is. Well, especially his pay packet. Yeah. Um. And the bunnies want bang for buck and probably say they're not getting it at the moment because he's the most one of the most destructive players in the game when he's, when he's playing. So um yeah obviously South Sydney want to get him fit and firing. But at the moment they just can't get him on the field.
S2: Well they need him to win comps. They need him and Cam Murray to win comps. And uh unfortunately Cam Murray's out for a month with an ankle injury. Uh Taylor's Duncan.
S3: He's gone with the hammy.
S2: He's done the hammy. Um, and now fafita with that. That's silly. Silly.
S1: Oh the judiciary.
S2: Oh come on man. That was a.
S3: Not. Not many go there and win.
S2: No. Like what was that? You can't challenge that silly challenge. Um that was a that was a bicycle kick. The soccer bicycle kick. Like it was just so overt that I don't know why they challenged it because it kicked him straight in the head. Um, look, I don't know, I. Soft tissue injuries. They more and more prevalent aren't they?
S3: Is the game so fast?
S2: Is it because of the game so fast is because of how we're training. Is it because of the grounds we train on?
S3: I think it might be a combination of everything. You know, a combination of all of that, the training methods these days and then the physicality and the speed of the games, obviously, the fatigue factor that kicks into the games this year in particular with, um, how fast it is with the, the 60 games, obviously the six games have been reined back big time haven't they. When we first.
S2: Yes.
S3: Um got got started this year in the competition. But I reckon all of it's a contributing factor to why we're getting the injuries.
S1: Let me ask you this. Rabbitohs are seventh on 24 points. Behind them are the Cowboys on 24. Sea Eagles 22, Bulldogs 22. Storm Raiders on 20. Is this like rule a line through the Rabbitohs time yet or not?
S3: Oh not yet. No not yet for me.
S2: But where are they coming?
S1: At the moment they're in seventh.
S2: So you've got to think the Cowboys. I think the Cowboys will make the eight.
S1: Sea Eagles.
S2: No probably not.
S3: They're gonna have to turn it around quick.
S1: It opens the door for the Bulldogs storm and Raiders.
S3: Yeah.
S2: Storm. I think storm Bulldogs.
S3: It's hard isn't it. Because storm you look and you go no monster. Yeah, he's out for a while.
S2: Um, they play this week with all their injuries.
S3: Yeah. And Canberra. No. Hudson. Young. Achilles. What about that?
S2: There's the heartbeat of their storm.
S3: Warbrick goes for the storm.
S1: Jahrome Hughes is back this week.
S3: He comes back, doesn't he? Yeah. Yep. Yep.
S1: So he's just on the Bulldogs elephant in the room. How much better do they look with Sean O'Sullivan in the halves.
S2: Hello hello.
S1: How better much better did they. Yeah. But then the team comes out this week. Stephen Crichton.
S2: That's all that, um, Toby Sexton was doing last year. But what O'Sullivan was doing, that's all Toby Sexton was doing.
S3: He was steering.
S2: Him around, straightening him up. Yeah. He was getting their forwards to run lines. He's getting decoys. There was no confusion about who was who in the zoo. Yep. I don't know. Beggars belief. We wouldn't have him at number seven.
S1: Crazy. We'll get into the preview coming up a little bit later. Um, boys, I'm reliably told that the board members of the Saint George-illawarra Dragons listen to this podcast, and that's what swayed their decision. Um, so Dean young, have you ever brushes for an interview? We will remember.
S3: Yes.
S1: Congratulations. In all seriousness. Um, everyone says what a wonderful job he's doing down there. He's a mate of yours. You work pretty closely with him. Um, I think the right call has been made, hasn't it?
S3: Yeah. Really, really happy for Deano. Um, when we found out the other day, um, mate, he's done a he's done a really good job and, and I am a little bit biased because I'm really good mates with him. Um, but you could see as soon as he took over. Uh, everyone knew what he stood for. You know, everyone knew where they stood in terms of the players. And, um, he's made changes there that he believed needed to be made. And all the players are being held accountable. And you can see that like that, you know, they took the Warriors to the death and probably had a few calls going. Well, we called that game didn't we. The, the um forward. Well the forward pass was an out and out forward pass. And then the, the um escort on Val Holmes was just ridiculous. And it's been proven that um but anyway I'm, I'm stoked for him. Um, you know, he'll, he'll want to finish off this season really strongly before the cavalry arrive, I suppose you would say all those signings and you had those guys into the mix of what they've already got with all those young guys. You know hopefully there's some good times ahead. Hopefully you can turn them around pretty quick and get them going for 2020.
S1: I like what he said to me this week. He didn't put any expectations around next year because it's easy to fall into that trap. Oh yeah, we're going to play finals. All he said is I want the fans to be proud of their football team. I like that.
S2: Yeah, well, I'll put expectations on them because they'll they'll make the eight. Yeah I reckon they will with that team I think.
S1: Oh they're gone.
S2: I think, I think they've got the best young forwards in the game in their forward pack who we're speaking about the couch and uh Egan and Hamish.
S1: Well they've signed some good players.
S2: And they've signed the guys who've signed, you know, especially I'm really excited about Metcalfe and and Drinkwater in the back line. They've got the forwards.
S3: Might not be finished yet either.
S2: Yeah. Oh whoa whoa whoa.
S1: You can't hold.
S2: You dropped a bomb on me.
S1: Who you got?
S3: No. No one. Who's coming. I know nothing.
S2: I know nothing.
S3: I just thought I'd throw that out there.
S2: No, but.
S3: I'm in the bad books anyway with Dina at the moment. I borrowed his whiteboard out of his office last night and I forgot to return it.
S2: So who are they? Who's coming?
S3: I text him last night. I'm like, oh, mate, I left.
S2: Him a tangy.
S1: Drink.
S2: Drinkwater.
S1: Metcalfe.
S3: Connor.
S2: Watson, Connor. Watson. Phillip. Sami. Phillip. Sami. Wow. There's five like above average first graders. Yeah, he's in there.
S3: I wouldn't be surprised if there might be one on 1 or 2 more to add to.
S2: That dummy half.
S3: We'll have to wait and see.
S2: Yeah, I know we got Watson to play number nine. He could with little but yeah.
S1: Come on, tell us.
S3: I don't know anything.
S1: Oh you do.
S3: I don't.
S2: You don't.
S1: Know enough to say that. There's more coming.
S3: I just said I wouldn't be surprised if there was 1 or 2 more signings.
S2: So would you say it's a four door or a back?
S3: I don't know.
S1: Well, why don't we just do what everyone else does in rugby league? Let's make it up.
S3: Make it up anyway.
S2: Making it a name out there.
S1: Um, a couple of names.
S2: Who's going there? Moseley. Otto. Nathan Cleary. The next year.
S1: I spotted Nathan Cleary down in Wollongong with Mary. I think they were just down there having a look at Wollongong, but they were close to the stadium.
S3: I thought he meant McGregor.
S1: No, no.
S3: What's he doing with Mary McGregor in Wollongong?
S1: What do you call him? The eagle. The eagle. The eagle? Yeah. Anyway. Congratulations, Dean.
S3: Well done.
S1: Dean.
S2: And just on that, I think, um, his dad, um. Albert legend of the Dragon's legend of our game. Um, um, made a very selfless act, um, by removing himself from the, the leagues club. Yeah. Just to say that.
S3: The chairman role.
S2: Yeah, the chairman's role. Just say I don't want any innuendo to come my way because I'm here and he's there. Yeah.
S1: So smart.
S2: Move. Takes a brave man to do that.
S3: Great man. Albert.
S2: Fantastic bloke.
S3: Yeah.
S1: He's an old police officer. Every time.
S2: Ever.
S1: Every time I've interviewed him or spoken to him or met him, I still get scared.
S2: So he should, he said.
S1: I remember I was I was at a conference on the Gold Coast last year that I emcee and I was I was I'm dropping names here, but I was out the front waiting for an Uber for Dawn Fraser because she was going back to wherever she was going. And, uh, Albert was sitting over in the corner and I just heard this, Mr. Levy, I need to see you. And I thought, oh, no, what have I done? But he's just got that presence.
S2: Yeah. He yeah, yeah.
S3: He's a great.
S1: Man. Very good man. Um, the other one we need to touch on is the P and G Chiefs. Um Joey Manu um Anthony Seibold to work under Willie Peters. Joey Manu uh potentially another marquee signing and all this sort of Zac Lomax speculation as well. Uh, he might be going to the Chiefs after his stint in rugby. M g thoughts.
S2: I think what it does, if they get these calibre of players, it accelerates their anticipation and where they should be finishing in the first couple of years. I think if they keep getting the players they keep getting, they're going to win a comp like Melbourne in the first two years of being in the comp, like they are assembling something very special. And because they can afford to, you know all this, but the sustainability is going to be the question we'll ask. Uh, as for Sebald, I think that's his perfect role. Um, the irony of this is that in 2018, Willie Peters was the assistant and Sebald was a head coach at Souths. Um, I, I love the fact that he's going, I hope he takes the role because I think Anthony Sebald is a fantastic assistant coach. I think he's got one of the smartest footy brains that. I've spoken to him a lot about footy and he he sees things that not other people can do. I think he just has trouble articulating and to throw up your league players too much information is exactly that. We want to hear basic stuff. You want to hear that run. They're great tackle. They're not this.
S3: Simplify.
S2: Simplify everything. I think I think with Willie Peters at the helm and they're building well PNG there's no two ways about it. I mean if they get Joey, Manu, Mike and Zac Lomax in that backline with Jarome Luai who.
S1: I'm.
S2: And and Alex Johnson.
S1: Can I I'm anti-climax.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Well and let me explain why and I and I'll get your thoughts. I look at Zac Lomax right. And the trail of destruction that he's left behind him. Like don't get me wrong. I think he's a wonderfully gifted, talented player, an athlete. Good luck to him. He made a choice to leave rugby league to sign with a competition that hadn't yet established itself. He put himself and thought, oh crap, what am I going to do? Yeah, he reached out. Well, rugby reached out to him. They gave him a lifeline before he's even really had a crack at rugby. He's already thinking what's next? So he goes on to potentially sign with the PNG Chiefs. If I'm Willie Peters and if I'm Anthony Seibold and if I'm Michael Chalmers, I'm thinking to myself is this guy going to be good for my playing group and you know, team harmony, everything else. Because as an outsider looking in and I don't know Zac Lomax and I want to preface this by saying it, um, it just looks to me like it's all about Zac Lomax and it always has been about Zac Lomax. Is that fair or unfair?
S2: Well, I don't know him either. Personally, I don't know. I haven't I haven't heard any players or coaches talk about him um in that way. I know what he's like as a footballer. He's fantastic. But he seems to get restless really quick. Um and he seems to be in a hurry to, to do to find the next high as far as footy goes. Let's, let's face facts. We're in this game for hopefully ten years if you're lucky. Um I don't I think I think he fits the the PNG chief's mantra perfectly. They're in a hurry to get somewhere quick. So is Jack Lomax. He's always in a hurry to go somewhere. P and G are as well. PA, want to hit the ground running? If you want to hit the ground running. You got. You got to have a player like Jack Lomax in your back line.
S3: Yeah, it's going to be interesting. Um, it's going to be really interesting.
S1: Willie Peters is your mate.
S3: Well. Well look, without um. No, actually, how do I frame this with trying to be as respectful as I can? It's going to take Willie and the coaching staff to manage Zach and the playing group from, you know what I've heard previously from other coaches and other clubs and whatnot. Zach on his day, he's an unbelievable player. I, I do know Zach. I know him well. He's down my way. I see him bump into him every now and then, not even for a fair while now. And you know, I understand your comments leave you about about Zach, but I just think that Willie's going to have to, you know, manage Zach.
S1: And is he a good man? Manager Willie?
S3: Uh, well, I'm assuming so. He's done a really good job. And, you know, the conversations I've had with Willie, he's probably been tested over there at Hull KR with a number of his signings over there. And he believes that he can get the best out of Zak because he comes to.
S1: Let me throw the other curveball in here. Right. And I'm sorry to interject there. The other really interesting part for mine is, and I was thinking about this the other day when Zac Lomax is at clubland in Sydney. Mhm. He goes home to the south coast. So you've got your alone time. You're away from Zac Lomax if he's if he's hard to handle. Again, I don't know how they're going to be living in a compound together. Yeah. So if he gets on people's nerves. Yep. If he wants to sort of run his own race. How's that going to go? That. That's my question mark. I'm just putting.
S3: It out again. That's that's going to that's going to be on Willie and Michael Chalmers. And and they believe they can get the best out of him. And it seems like I, I don't think Willie will mind me saying this, but Willie and I have had conversations about it. And they believe that they can get the best out of us, out of Zac when he gets there, and they believe they can manage him. And you know, they've got, they've got some, some um profiles there don't they like already with Jerome and.
S1: Well they got some big personalities.
S3: But one thing I will say about PNG is I want to see him sign some very good forwards. Yes. They got you know they're talking low um Manu Lomax you know Lou I Alex Johnston you know they've got Connor Watson for 28. But they need some. They need some steal up front.
S2: Although although Cooper buy would have been a no brainer like.
S3: He resigned it.
S2: The.
S3: Titans Titans.
S2: Against the wishes of his.
S3: Dad dad. Yeah yeah. But I reckon they need some key forwards. Yeah. One of the things the Dolphins did really good. They went and got the Bromwich brothers. They got uh Kaufusi and there's some real steal in their pack. Yep. Um they need to go and get some, some of those sorts of.
S1: Because you can have the flashy flashy.
S3: That's right. I just think they need, they need. And you know I'm sure that they're working on that. Yeah. I'm. Yeah. I'm sure. Willie and, uh, and I think it's Liam who's the recruitment guy there? I think I think they're working on that, but they've got to get some good forwards.
S1: Michael James came in to see us in the commentary box recently with his two little boys and his little boy's excited about PNG. We turned around and said to him, are you excited about PNG? They said, nah, we're not going. Good luck Chevy.
S3: Oh, great. Advertisement. That is.
S1: Let's get into the preview. This week's odds brought to you by our great mates and our new sponsors at better. How good. Stay ahead of the game with better, better. Download the better app today. What are you really gambling with? Uh, we get into it Thursday night. Footy eels $5.50 outside as the Panthers short priced favourites for obvious reasons at $1.15. Uh, Mitch Moses is back to go head to head with his origin halves partner at the Panthers, Nathan Cleary M g who are you tipping?
S2: Uh, Penrith after last week's loss to the Broncos. Um, and Milky didn't get across the line. I'm saying Penrith into Milky to score a hat trick.
S1: Piglet.
S3: Yeah. Look, I can't go with the eels this week. I've got to go. The Panthers. Panthers to win March 2nd.
S1: 20 outsiders the Roosters favored here at $1.67. Look they. They weren't at their best last week. The. The Roosters. I reckon that $2.20. The better. Odds are a little juicy. Thoughts questions.
S3: Let's go back to. This goes back into the team. Knights haven't defeated the Roosters in Newcastle since 2019. Levy.
S2: Yeah and you know what? If this game was on a Sunday afternoon at 2:00 or 4:00, I'd be leaning more towards the Knights. At the moment. I think that the Roosters are a better night time footballers. Um. I could not go against the Roosters.
S1: Roosters just on your stat, piggy. The Knights haven't won. They haven't beaten the Roosters in Newcastle since 2019. The Knights have won their last five games at McDonald Jones Stadium.
S3: Roosters have won nine of their last ten games against the Knights.
S1: Thank you very much.
S2: Dylan Lewis has scored nine tries in the last nine games.
S1: I did a big. I did a big man sniff. Then, uh, we go to the Friday night game. We're off to a core stadium. Uh, piggy. South Sydney in the storm. Storm dollar 80, South Sydney $2 for obvious reasons, without the. The key players. Souths Care and Dementia Training Australia teaming up to tackle dementia, which is now the leading cause of death in Australia. Their partnership will be in the spotlight at a core when Dementia Training Australia will be the Rabbitohs game day partner for their clash. Dtas Remi the Wombat will join Reggie the Rabbit on field during the game and the lead a stadium wide dance off at half time. So there's a great opportunity. Fantastic sideline. I Josh Murray to get involved.
S3: Yeah he should get involved in that shouldn't he on Friday night that'd be great. Uh as in I need to toss a coin in this one because I've got no idea.
S2: Yeah.
S3: I don't know.
S2: I was, I was, I was, I was, I was Souths until I heard Duncan was out as well.
S3: Yeah.
S2: Cameron, Murray and Duncan.
S3: Still got a decent pack. The bunnies I know, I know cam Murray.
S1: Josh King.
S3: 200.
S2: Um yeah I'm going I think storm I think I think because Jahrome Hughes is back.
S3: Yeah I'm going to go storm as well.
S1: Sorry Levy GIO stadium on Saturday. Uh we'll have around the grounds updates on this one as we do the radio show. Raiders dollar 24 Tigers for dollar five. Outsiders with the, uh, the better odds.
S3: Raiders. Raiders. Raiders.
S2: Yeah. Look, um, after the judiciary last night, um, we saw that, uh, you got three weeks for that? Yeah. Funny looking tackle, wasn't it? It was like a.
S3: Grade three contact.
S2: Yeah. It was, it was like it was like a speed hump, but had his back towards the player. Thompson. And, uh, the young Javon Andrews, if he gets if he gets a run at half.
S1: Um, is he the first Javon to ever play?
S2: For sure. He is a ironically, he's out of the exact same mold as Lucky Galvin. Wow. 6364.
S3: Big big running.
S2: Really sleek. Sleek. Uh.
S3: Queenslander isn't he? Yeah.
S2: Queensland yes.
S3: He is. He's a Queenslander.
S2: But he.
S3: Got.
S2: His goal kick. He's just a good really good player. But um. Yeah I think the Raiders without Hudson Young um are vulnerable but too strong.
S1: Speaking of where tackles what did you see the Nat Butcher tackle on Friday night where he brushed the hair of.
S2: Oh my goodness.
S1: That was it.
S3: Patted his head.
S2: He got. His hand, went across. He got on.
S3: That was Sutton, too, wasn't it? Yeah. Gerard. Sutton. Gerard. Ridiculous.
S1: Uh. Bulldogs. Warriors. Bulldogs $2.50. Outsiders. Warriors dollar 53 with better boys Stadium.
S3: Saturday 530.
S2: What's the weather forecast this weekend? We got rain coming or what's going on?
S3: Do you want me to check? I'll check. Well, while we.
S2: The Bureau.
S3: Keep patting.
S2: Okay. Okay. So the Warriors. Welcome back. Uh, no, I don't know who they. Welcome back.
S1: Stephen Carlton's.
S2: Back. Critter back.
S3: It's going to be sunny in, uh, 19 degrees on Saturday.
S2: Uh, no, I can't I can't go doggies with with their halves like this, so I just can't.
S1: You two are very indecisive today.
S2: Yeah. We are.
S3: These are these are tough ones.
S2: Because you know what?
S1: Put him on the line.
S2: Right. Um. Warriors.
S1: Not those ones.
S3: Warriors.
S1: Warriors. Right. Uh. Cowboys. Broncos. Queensland. Derby. Broncos, Broncos.
S3: Here come the Broncos.
S1: Dollar 62 Cowboys $2.30. Outside the better odds in Townsville cracker.
S3: This is an absolute cracker. I'm going the Broncos Maggi boy's going to wind them up and let him go.
S2: Yeah I'm with you. I think we're going to witness something pretty special. I don't think they're going to make it, but they're going to cause a lot a lot of drama in the process. I think that what we saw from against Penrith last week was when they got the whole team on the field at once. They are the most dangerous team in the competition, bar none. Mhm. Um so I think this is what a game this is. It's a that's good odds but for Cowboys. 230.
S1: That's what I'm thinking. Townsville. Yeah. Mhm. Um we go to the blockbuster at 2:00 on Sunday. Saint George Illawarra and the Gold Coast. The battle for the wooden spoon dollar 90 Dragons dollar 90 the Titans. Even the punters don't care.
S3: Well I'm going the Dragons if they can get a few decent refereeing decisions this week.
S2: Well, you know what? Both. You know what the irony of that both of these two teams have copped it most this year?
S3: Oh haven't.
S2: You? I think that's indicative of where you are in the ladder. Yep. They are. It's just the psyche. Yeah. You go oh that's. Yeah. No let them have it. Is there anyone who's played for both clubs that we can make it their cup.
S1: Well it's Clint Gutherson 250th.
S3: Yeah. He's got 250.
S2: He didn't play for the Titans. But did.
S3: He. No. He hasn't played for the Titans.
S2: Uh, no. No one no one there I can.
S3: There's no current players I don't think is there that have played for.
S2: Oh look I think the dollar 90 each. I think um this is going to be a fantastic game. Uh dragons.
S3: Dragons.
S2: Dragons dragons.
S1: Dragons and then the game to wrap up the round. Uh, the better odds. How good's having a betting sponsor in our podcast sponsorship? You know, manly, manly and Sharky's at Four Pines Park. Sharks, dollar 62. Manly $2.30.
S2: The battle of the beaches. I will say that, um, I think they've got the hippy hippy shakes, the seagulls. Um, I'm liking the shark. He seemed to have turned a corner and I don't know who it is, but they've got a new assistant coach.
S3: Oh, the French play the French. French rugby bloke.
S2: What's his what's his role? Because ever since he's arrived, they look different. Sharkies. I don't know what his role is. I'd like to find out more about this Pierre Bourdieu, if that's his name.
S1: Not his name.
S2: No, he said he's French.
S3: I'm pretty sure he's French. French rugby. Yeah, but.
S2: Look, I think, um. Look, they they look good. The sharkies at the moment. They're welcoming back Raymond this week and hadn't been named. I think he had a neck injury so. But anyway, um yeah for mine the shock is.
S3: I'm going to go the sharkies as well. We've got a great record over manly and great record at Four Pines Park.
S2: Um what's a better beach. Cronulla you reckon.
S1: Yeah 100%.
S2: Nah I'm a, I'm a, I'm a manly beach.
S1: What.
S3: I don't.
S1: Even know. You're not. You're from Mount Druitt.
S2: Well, I used to go to Manly Beach. No, actually I used to, you know, I used to go to Cronulla Beach when I was about 15 or 16. I went to that surfy phase. Yeah, yeah. Had me, uh.
S3: Surfboard or.
S2: Bodyboard. surfboard, carried on the train with a big cover and got the wax out. And I'd wax on, wax off at the beach and get out there and have 1 or 2 rides and fall off and come back and sit on my board for the rest of the day and look at me. Such a Westie.
S1: Um, speaking of the French, do you guys like French Food Tribune? Have you had, like, escargot and all that stuff?
S2: Oh, how'd it go? Yeah.
S1: Any good?
S2: It's a bit like, uh, chicken.
S1: Snails are like chicken.
S2: You're kind of. Really? Yeah. They're not.
S1: I've never tried it before.
S2: Yeah. They're beautiful.
S1: What about you, pig?
S3: Nah. It's shit.
S1: Oh, okay. Fair enough.
S3: Fair enough.
S2: Pepe. Pepe le pew.
S1: I just would have thought in your elite status, you would have tried it.
S3: I'm a barbecue guy.
S1: You put snails in barbecue. Anyway, we've got to get your, uh, your best bets, boys.
S3: Uh, dragons.
S1: Hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on. Woo woo woo. Piggies pick m g multi and we do it for our great mates at better.
S2: Yep I said mine uh Penrith the win with multi multi with milky milky to score three.
S3: Oh Jesus. I'm just going dragons in the sharks.
S1: Alright well I'm going to go Souths into the Cowboys. I'm going to go the two.
S3: Oh oh yeah. Okay.
S1: I like getting a little bit of. Jessie I like.
S2: Getting.
S3: A lot of things you like a lot of things.
S1: Yeah. Not having much success there. But anyway thank you very much. Nice to have you back. Great man.
S2: Great to be back buddy.
S1: And of course we'll be back on Monday for our next edition of the Mark My Words podcast story. Time will be a ripper m g good luck to your NRL w girls. Who've you got this week?
S3: No, my name is Peggy.
S1: What a dickhead.
S3: What do I call me, m g sorry.
S1: I'm getting.
S3: Tired. Yeah. Good luck.
S1: Who have you? Who have you got this weekend.
S3: With the Bulldogs?
S2: Good work with Maynard G's.
S1: Great. Great performance in the weekend. Peggy G's. You played well against Newcastle.
S3: Thanks, Ray.
S1: I appreciate it. Thanks very much for your company. We'll be back Monday for another edition of Mark My Words. Send us your questions. Subscribe. Like it, share the love, spread the love and spread the podcast and spread your wings. Enjoy your footy over the weekend.