Speaker 1: Nine podcasts.
Speaker 2: Let's say one of my sons have another one somewhere. Let me take that back again. Of course it's not one that sort of just rings up and.
Speaker 1: Just going to you can be a lot of trouble here. No the phone to start to me.
Speaker 2: Hello Ever on Eddie and Jimmy, the Jimmy this time is the great James heard Jimmy?
Speaker 1: How are you good? Mate?
Speaker 2: You once had a Jimmy show, didn't you?
Speaker 1: Pig Pig Jimmy and Rueboy, Jason Dunstall myself and Wayne care Actually saw Wayne Carey on Sunday. He's looking pretty fit and healthy.
Speaker 2: Good stuff. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Fourth child came along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's got to get him a TV, don't we. Eddie and Jimmy at nine dot com dot Au thanks to Tab. Thanks to Gil mcclochland. Another way you need. He's got his own football team, both of kids as well, Gil and more importantly, the beautiful Laura had a milestone birthday recently, and happy birthday to Laura. She's far younger than Gil and farm more's intelligent as well. May I say, but thanks to Tab, this is Eddie and Jimmy. Now jim before we go onto our emails. One I wanted to mention yesterday do you remember a lease mate. She used to be a Solis Century model and a host around town and really good person and she's now Alise May McKinnon and she's with Farmer Led Drought Relief Alliance. And I got a message from the Great John Sammy Newman, who of course was from Geelong, grew up when Geelong was the country area. And what they're wanting to do is they're obviously supporting our farmers in drought and they've putting together an idea that maybe we need to have a green armband initiative for farmers. Now I'm just about over weeks of browns and things. I think there's ways of doing it that can get far better impact. I think this is one that we should step into because country football has been the lifeblood of our competition. So they're talking about they're looking at doing all sorts of things, getting involved with the universities, the government, et cetera, et cetera, and they want the AFL. So I think they're asking Elisa's asking what do we think and would we support that? And the answer is a resounding yuests absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think particularly the drought effected areas around Victoria and South Straight at the moment yep.
Speaker 2: And I'm actually talking with maybe of taking our show up to the country next week.
Speaker 1: It's a crazy the amount of rain they get in Queensland, in northern New South Wales and the weather we have down here. There should have been something done a long time.
Speaker 2: Well for the second day in a row, quite Dick Pratt, So Richard Pratt came up with his idea of begging digging a trench through central Australia from northern Queensland and norm of course they will laughed at it. Oh, it'll evaporate, and he said, well you put a cover on it, okay. And he believed that that's what should have been one of the big infrastructure projects for Australia at the time. This is going back twenty five years ago, so it would have been done and be able to regulate it through all that area. Imagine if you actually had irrigation in central Australia.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people tell us, a lot of people tell us why it shouldn't happen because of the environment. But I I ondred percent agree with Jim.
Speaker 2: You can't have too many ideas made you get.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent agree with you because the amount of rain up there would really help the rest of Australia.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get stuck into the other questions, Steve says re North Melbourne, Eddie, you've presently mentioned in the pastority for North Maldon focus on the northern corridor of Melbourne. I firmly believe that as a club we need to develop a supporter base. You aware of this one?
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, I couldn't agree more, but we might. The Bombers might get their first if you're not careful.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been pushing them. Well what happened is my brother's local members and essident supporter North didn't want to do it. He went Essen, who have been a bit tardy, but they've now got there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a changing face of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I mean Melbourne four one hundred thousand families moving in north of broad Meadows. The team I played for doesn't exist, the league doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'd go out every year for Anzac Day with Sheds or a Nessa Blair and you know the Colin Goood player come out. My brother organized fist uar. We did it. We did it with my old school and Dominic's and the local primary school that was in our street, which used to be I think it's called broad Meadows something now, but it used to be called East Meadows Primary in those days. Anyway, over a few years we actually got all the schools in from Forkner and Glenn Roy and it was fantastic. Got the Army camp where that's where the Diggers trained to go to Gallipolis. And of course now it's the biggest Middle East and diaspora in Australia is in that area. So it's a wonderful connection of the Johnny's and medmates coming together again. So we do all that sort of stuff. And now the bombers I think, are looking. I wanted to I wanted to throw everything in. Being a Brodie board, I want to throw the pies into it.
Speaker 1: Success.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing was I thought for North I didn't need you blokes to stick your head because Richmond Richmond went out there one stay.
Speaker 1: But it is, you know, it is our area, like that Essen is based on Tymraine. We were sort of been there for what's that Windy Hill is closest to that area as well.
Speaker 2: Do you just want to evict the cricket Club started. I was the correspondent for Essendon in the district Cricket.
Speaker 1: That's the reason we'ro out there, because it's not the Creeit Club. Is that there was a croquet That's the reason, which is quite hard to believe. Don't start that that.
Speaker 2: Could find a place for that.
Speaker 1: But my point is that you've got if it's a game for Australians, which should be, you have to I think this is the game that can unite communities and I think it's what's that.
Speaker 2: No, we did Colin the Crecket Club got great facilities in Campbellwell and when it became Campbell and Magpies and.
Speaker 1: So you shifted the Collingwood Football Club the Campbewell Cricket Club Creek Club.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but they wanted to because it was better facilities and it worked better for them and the cost of keeping Victoria Park up was no good and we needed and calling football club is a far bigger entity made a lot more sense.
Speaker 1: Did it.
Speaker 2: Beautifully? It was before my time and they went out there and it's become David Emerson used to play for him, and you know there's a great connection between Collingwood Football Club and the cricket club. And so they went at the Discraalcruit Club become a fantastic cricket club. And then when we sort of left and went to what was the Lexus Center the Olympic Park, we are actually able to double back. Once the council had all started falling apart and a former resident president as a politician, Lindsay Tanner, I was able to get some money out of him to rebuild and fix up Victoria Park. Now it's fantastic. So that's what they need to do out there. I mean the assident crowd out there, the cricket club and the football club, they need each other. It's the life blood of that area. And a tall Imraines fantasy.
Speaker 1: It's actually affected the local traders to that nape Straetia. It used to be really yeah, buzzing and the hub that Adonis what it used to do used to.
Speaker 2: Go down halftime to the Royal Hotel. People run down and I can back now run back in again. But so north, back to north do you believe that? And so well let's go into that North Corrida. There's enough out there. Good thing is a lot of Indian people going out there, so they want football sized grounds. Remember there was a bush at one stage because they only want to People were saying, you know, people from Middleiss want to play soccer. They're building football sized grounds. They're going to play cricket, right and you're not. The Other thing they've got to be careful of is that a lot of the Indian people want to play cricket in winter as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. They want to come up so it's a twelve twelve month a year game and.
Speaker 2: They want to get playing. So let's find the balance there. But there's a real opportunity to do something.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I think needs that we've done with cricket and footy is actually you can have a football ground as are Ground twenty four seven. You's got to find a cover for that that cricket pitch which is some good event that so they can play cricket and footy or you around.
Speaker 2: Instead of actually everyone fighting each other.
Speaker 1: They got to use it together. Yeah right.
Speaker 2: His second part is do you believe a roof stadium would be required if Northern Territory was successful in gaining an AFL license for a twentieth team in Darwin, Well, what if if you're playing in the wed season.
Speaker 1: Dry seasons is footy season, So I don't think, yeah it is. Yeah, yeah, so I think probably not.
Speaker 2: I mean what I'd love to say for you and up there is a bit like what they've done at All Springs is be able to get those shots with.
Speaker 1: The think it was the shot of the of the rock in the background absolutely tas many.
Speaker 2: Of people said we why don't we doing that? And the answer is because you can actually see polar bears from the back round next toop Is Antarctica and no one wants us.
Speaker 1: Hit there sitting in the background.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Yeah, so there if we have a twenty three, and that's a way I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I really want to upset somebody should grab Nor the territory.
Speaker 2: Of course they should, and North would be great. So long as they play thirteen fourteen games in moments is all they do. Anyway, it can work, I agree anyway, because we don't need any more teams, right. GW's crowds, I've noticed, says.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 2: Mark says, I've noticed that, apart from the opening around all GUIs, crowds in Sydney have been below ten thousand. This season the first rounds. That's right, What do you think is needed to boost their crowd numbers.
Speaker 1: I've spent a good time at Jedderson. They're actually a very special club and a really good club to be a part of, and so that it almost feels like it's a country football feel in a professional environment. I say that in a really good way. But one of the worries for Jewis is they play a couple of games and then the Easter show comes along and I think you lose all continuity of people and they don't really go back to playing. Joe's to all about now that that to me is a compromise that they have to get right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So can I throw my two bobs within again a bit? Like with North GWS is a fantastic football club and I think Dave Matthews and all the team up there and I have done a fantastic job doing what they're doing. So what's the answer. No use hitting the head against the wall. They're gonna have the rule show there all the time. So play the first half of the year in Canberra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, Well they get more than they get the bigger crewd in camera.
Speaker 2: We need it. We need it. We need have a team in the capitol of Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I was I was born there, I lived there in my whole life.
Speaker 2: It I don't care if they don't come to the mill, don't come and play once. See if they want to twice at the MCG. But let's get Canberra going and then let's get into Western Sydney in a meaniful way.
Speaker 1: But they've got it.
Speaker 2: There's a few different things at the moment. So I was thinking about this when the afl W came out the draw last week. And please everybody take this as an intellectual conversation. Okay, there's no bias or anything else on this because I'm barracking for all sides trying to find the right deal. But one of the big announcements was they're going to have two weeks of Pride Round and the Women's Gun.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Previously the problem has been that the Muslim girl who played at Getaz was unable to play. Now I find that really it's not right, that's not right. I mean, the whole idea is in a bad acceptance. There's got any equestions for everybody in inclusion, not we'll accept you inclusion as long as you're saying what I'm saying. Okay, you've got to spread it round a bit. Now, if we're going to go into a Muslim enclave to try and recruit people, which is what the worst of Sydney is, we have to play to the forehand a little bit. Okay, So do we need to just you know not And this is not to lay down on inclusion and pride round. I think we can really ramp that up and do something fantastic. But we've got social media now. So once upon a time, the only sort of exposure you had was on match day. Now we've got social media and we can do great things. And you know, there's there's such a huge community that need to be accepted. Who's still cop discrimination day in day out. But how do we do it to that discriminating game to others? So I think we have to actually come up with a you know, at the a f L because GW, we just know what they're doing and they talk to me about these things. There is a really good way to get the best benefit of everybody out there, but not by excluding people. So I don't know whether what that what that actually manifests itself into, but I think what we have is a community out there who have remained reasonably quiet on it. But my understanding is I didn't like the fact that their sister couldn't play because.
Speaker 1: I understand and your pride round is about inclusion. It's about acceptance and it's about understanding. That's what I think it is might be, but to exclude someone, yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's it's amazing that we've got this. Father was saying now that you know, we need to go this way because you know, the the amount of homophobia over until maybe the last few years. I mean, don't forget Mardi Gras was a protest because of the horrific yeah, beatings that the gay community Sydney were coming from the cops and all that. And you know, it's not that long ago that we had the bashing. Probably still do so, you know, and kids coming through. We have to make sure that it's a safe place. But I think we're getting to that more and more and again I think it's almost into the next stage that we need to get to. I don't know. That's just my thoughts from from from my cheap seats, you know, but i'd like to hear more from from all the communities. Yeah, but the game of foot, he should not exclude any No.
Speaker 1: No, I think to the is the marks question or question about two So I think, look that they're trying, but it is difficult. I think it's very difficult.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say a doubleheaded played at ako or Stadium, which is the old Olympic stadium. Johns and Swans will.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that stadium works for football now, I really don't. Never it's never felt like a football ground. It's not shaped like a football ground. To play there as unusual and I'm not a big fan of that.
Speaker 2: We put eighty two in against Sydney that time in the one off game. But I think it's now configured for rugby league. Yeah, I know whatever the five million we put in to make sure it didn't. But so can I put this question to you, Should GWS play a final at the SCG, particularly if the Swan's own in the finals this year? No, stay out there?
Speaker 1: Well, I think, look, there's two schools. I thought I would love to see Juris playing at the city because a better stadium. It's in the city, you might get more people, but it's not the home ground. You're actually saying we're not part of Western Sydney. We're going into the ES and so it.
Speaker 2: But let me put a pictures this way. When this home ground stuff was, it was home state, okay, and now we're going to gel Loong as saying well we have to come up the highway. Yeah, in the best facility. I mean, what I'm saying is, let's say GDOS are playing Collingwood and you have to go out there. Now the Collinsports will fill it up and go out there, but be far better and showcase it at the SCG in the middle of town, the lights on everyone coming in. It's like going to Wembley there. It's like here, you know, kill to make the finals, they play a final. Here, they play down Mark.
Speaker 1: Could they play at them? Well, when they's come to the mc jury.
Speaker 2: No, what you want to play it in Sydney if it's their home state.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I get the feeling that jerrys would feel I don't know this, but I'd feel that that's that's selling out.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, well again that's but I.
Speaker 1: Think I think the decision the AFILM would make is that, Okay, if it's a if it's a team that what's what's the stadium at NGI stadium hole that holds twenty maybe twenty. So if it's going to get more than twenty, then they move to the SG it's less than twenty. That's what they do here. Depends on you're playing, Yeah, I mean, if you're long, if you're playing Collins, if twenty Collins was if Ghena a final on they're playing gold Coo Sons, Yeah, play there that's going to be played at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let's say they let's say it's a preliminary let's you know, a game so on latter position at the moment, you won't get calling it up there.
Speaker 1: But let's say it's a big sighte Yeah, then move it to move the s J.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's just one for down the track in space, Jake says. Green screen. First time, long time email, I noticed something very old. I was suspicially that Ben Dixon may have been doing boundary writing in front of a green screen in Alice Springs. At one point a fly landed on his face, so I thought, okay, it's up there. He made the amazing trick from Alice back to the studio for the Bounce, a live show. What are your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Well, if he's got back to the Bounce Live show, it's definitely green screen. I don't think there's no I suppose you called the concord maybe back from Alice Springs. No, but it's Look, I think it's money. It's down the money, isn't it If we want to have every game it's not ideal. If we want to have every game covered and we want to be able to do it with the right sort of talent, and I mean you run a production company, something is just impossible to pay you. That happened.
Speaker 2: Look, Channel Channel nine will do most of the window Olympics from Sydney or Doglands.
Speaker 1: I know they're doing well. Can we say what's happening with the French Open where that's been called from?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's that's hubbing of broadcasting is going to be the future. And you know to the point where, yeah, there's a lot more sport on air, but you want to hear local voices. But you know, you get a lot more people calling events in China and golf events that are on the circuit from the Dockland studios and that's just the way it is. So don't forget with that, Foxtel actually broadcast nine games a week.
Speaker 1: It's expense and you know, if.
Speaker 2: You can get away with saving the money because that goes into the game.
Speaker 1: Previously they had they laid up on Saturdays Channel seven. Commodos didn't last year it was Channel seven. Compatatus is a big difference.
Speaker 2: And I said, and we called off the screen, you know, during COVID, because that was all you could do. And while it's not ideal, you can do it and you get the facts and you'll probably go a bit more statistics as opposed to be to read the play because you're only getting the vision. You get actually getting more vision. You get down the ground shot as well, so you can get around it. I mean in some ways, I mean Dennis Committee used to call off the screen. He'd be his call off the screen, so he would call off what you're seeing at home, and then literally you could look up and you have the benefit of both. But largely there's a there is a school of thought that you should call off what people at home are looking at.
Speaker 1: I mean I preferred to calling again seeing.
Speaker 2: The game and then and with binoculars, I'd call binoculars and then my eyes started going in the in the distance. I'd actually used the scroll a lot more and different things like that, saying yeah, it's horses for courses, all right, Dan read multi more for season twenty twenty six. I propose that when a team gets a five goal run on a booming multi ball announcement, glasses across the grantz like pinball, and with another two balls being brought into play. See this is why I tell you we've got a test for drugs.
Speaker 1: And hang on, hang on, you said was it yesterday? You said that you get criticized some of your ideas, at least you having somewhere's none. You got to maybe go my this ploy, Let me go.
Speaker 2: It goes on the two boundary piles, could throw one each simultaneously, or three ounpires at tender center bounce at once with a tossing a ball up at the same time. You're starting to get me there, Okay, I'm starting to see this.
Speaker 1: We should just try it in the preseason.
Speaker 2: The extra balls are only removed when they're legally exit the ground, so like when the pitble when it goes down the side, okay, or at the quarter ends. Insufficient intent keeps them in play, though, ah okay, during this period, would you have insufficient intent with three balls going? Can we'll get it with one? During this period, all scores, no matter what, are followed by a kick in no center bounce. Once extra balls are out of play, the game returns to normal. You get rid of congestionwhere well there might be if the three balls at one end, the chaos would be electric. He says, you can get two more sponsors on the extra balls, have them different.
Speaker 1: Colors, the hydroponics that play.
Speaker 2: He's proving a few points. That's all right, then that is magnificent.
Speaker 1: I reckon. It's a pity we don't have the nab coup anymore. We could have experimented with the multiple not quickly.
Speaker 2: We're starting edible well, Jimmy bowl, Nab cup, nabcap or even let's say, let's let's make it a little bit more serious. State of origin. We're using state of origin to try a few different things out.
Speaker 1: What would you go with last touch? Last touch touch? I do like you, I'm going to steal some of yours. Yeah, you can touch. It goes through the goals, so no touch off the bit of fifteen goes through the goals. It goes through the goals.
Speaker 2: But if it goes fifteen in your market, it's a market exactly unless a punch, yeah, exactly. Proper spoils a point. But our point is that if you're not good enough to smother it, why do you get the benefit.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't let I wouldn't let a few players. I have to keep two players in the in the fifty. And I wouldn't let a certain amount of players come over the center of the ground at a stoppage. Every time a stoppage, you've got a reset.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I would go for a test two three three three two yep, So get rid of a pocket at each.
Speaker 1: End, right, and get rid of a rock radit. Oh so you get rid of six to sixteentheen fifteen a pocket fifteen. I would prefer to keep eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I do too, but I'm looking at how would you.
Speaker 1: Open it up? But there you just have to keep in an area like at a stoppage, you got to reset.
Speaker 2: The only thing is I want to keep the umpires from having to get involved in the game.
Speaker 1: Well, you have that call from somewhere else, just have that someone sitting out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just I just think that if we boundary I've got rid of can do it.
Speaker 1: If you can get rid of congestion. I think there's still too many games where if I'm coaching and i'm and I can't move the ball well from the back half the forward half, I'm a territory team. I don't let it out that forward fifty. I do whatever I can to block the game up.
Speaker 2: Do we need to have four people in the centerbouts now that everyone stands around and the umpires let them come over, hug each other and drop it straight down in one spot?
Speaker 1: Well, I would. I wouldn't make ruckman jump for the ball. I mean the center bounce is It's still an art like that. It's still an art form. The three on ballers for each team, how you maneuver he creates space. It's it's quite a but you see it happen, and you see that really it takes a lot of strategy to make that work.
Speaker 2: So let me put this to you. Can we now get rid of the line across the center because that was there to stop them wrestling. Now we're letting them wrestle. So we get rid of that, and do we make the center circle slightly bigger because the old running from fifty meters away and smashing each other's But tell Attendon, the umpires throw the ball up. It's not going up thirty feet in the year. It's only going up. It's like a jump ball. That allows a player then to move in and jump up onto the side and hit it sideways and get the rockwork of Assimon Madden back into into the game.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. But what what when the ball goes up in the air. Don't just watch the ruckman? What's that's the time that if you're on an opponent, if you're on someone in the center, in the center, bounce that ball. He's got his eyes on the ball. That's when you can maneuver him. That's when you're strategically. A lot happens at ground level as that ball goes up. So it's only a five minute throw. There's not the capable to do that. I like the big behigh in the air, so you can actually you get some time to maneuver him, move around. You watch the movement at that time. It's quite it's quite interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay. But yeah, So in combining those things, get rid of the center line so you can come from the side or line up against an opponent. I'd ben grappling. Yeah, a lot to hold anyone anywhere else in the ground. Throw it up and let people get in a position. And then if you're an athletic player, you can get to stay on the the on the on the circle and time up and jump jump I agree, or made some cock.
Speaker 1: Stands and goes right, Okay, different techniques. The art of rucking comes back in exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't like the wrestling business, all right, Megan Ozzie says, buy rounds. Why can't we just have a single week for a buy round. This way you can spend time with the family or wife. You we're doing it for you see, even our people to head to a local game. All right, well we can do that on a Saturday. I think the AFL should have really marketed local football and let local football clubs get a good deal on Foxtel.
Speaker 1: I don't like the five weeks of five weeks of compromised Yeah, I don't like.
Speaker 2: Them, but it is what it is is because we need to have the content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need the content. Yeah, have four games on two weekends and.
Speaker 2: Possibly chaos would be electric. I'm going to the latter has been a shambles. No one has even games and well they won't until the week after the end of the season.
Speaker 1: When plays Cyclone. Whatever the should have told, just give it to the game. The game there was that it was Gold Coast, Gold Coast responsibility to run a game. They couldn't give the points Tosten. That's but that's that was the rules that used to be the rules.
Speaker 2: That used to be the rules. Here's another thing. Don't have opening around because there's another season on. It's called Cyclone season. Don't play.
Speaker 1: Don't I'll do that again.
Speaker 2: So it's a bit like you know, Jedda West. If you're going to complain about having the show there, don't play. Well, the show's on there, you go play when they're not exactly, don't go up there in our winter when we want to leave. I mean, Melburn's weather has been unbelievable. But it's going to turn.
Speaker 1: It's turning turn, it's turning now it is.
Speaker 2: We're in germ. It's called winter. Megan says. Buggies of injured players after watching Callum Ward limp and have difficulty weight bearing from one side of the ground to the other. Why out the air or have a golf buggy or something similar.
Speaker 1: They do they do that. Some players just want to They don't want to use it. Even when the stretch used to come out the old stretcher. Players have broken legs and I'm not usedn't it? Don't want to walk off?
Speaker 2: Can I make a suggestion? Not their call?
Speaker 1: True, But however, like seeing that it is headstrong players, good luck.
Speaker 2: And a wave to the crowd because he knew he'd done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, what what an incredible player he's made and a terrific person is as well.
Speaker 2: Could we also just have a situation that the other side of the line he's not coming back on. Is he on the other side of the ground. Why can't the head trainer doctor who's gone out to see him say and hold up a you know, one of those Hamburger signs, and well.
Speaker 1: He wasn't coming back on that he's got I think if you do go off, you can go off.
Speaker 2: He's just I think he's going to step over, but he should be able to signal that he's cooked.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We don't need an extra bugg but there are buggies to get him off the ground. But so Megan yes, there are buggies out there, but for some reason they not want to use them. All right, asking and Jimmy, let's go Darren from Derby in England, Derby County. Their home ground was the baseball grounds in Manchester.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Archie Gimmel was a star player.
Speaker 1: It'd be I reckon. They were about down in the second or third division.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was great. Archie Gimmel was a great player. Scottish player. Scottis his brother scored the winner for Celtic in the sixty seven Champions League.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the British team to win.
Speaker 2: European champ and all the players grew up within ten miles of Parkhead. Unbelievable And in fact, I'm going adult Catholics, I'm sure, Oh yeah, I know they went went Stein the great. No, the Rangers wouldn't play tho Catholics. But Kennedy Doglish was was a Protestant. Who else Kenny Doglish. I'm trying to think I've got a mental block on the captain who came up with the bid. It'll come in a minute. But chock Stein was was wasn't a Catholic other and I've got a mental block. He was he was. He captained Celtic who beat red Star Belgrade, Arsenal and Australia in a four game in the finals the Olympic the Olympic Park with collingwands crown in nineteen seventy seven. And on the night I did sitting down in front of me, Max Richardson, the Collingwood captain and Peter Knights were there and they signed my ticket and they still have it. Can you believe that ninety seventy seven? Of course, Colin we got to the Grand Final that year to withdraw, should have won the first one twenty seven points up a three quarter a time. So anyway from so, yeah, there you go, you go Danny McGrane. So trying to think of Danny McGrane was.
Speaker 1: The McGrain family. We apologized said I.
Speaker 2: Love Danny McGrain anyway. There's been much discussion about the consistency of umpiring this season, including around tackling, holding the ball, rock infringement's insufficient at ten fifteen meters or not on the mark. There's a few there, aren't they. For Jimmy as a player, what was more important consistency gained the game across the Seasonal consistency when in an individual game, even if interpretations may have differed.
Speaker 1: I think both you needed to know what was right and what was wrong, but the consistency within a game was probably more important.
Speaker 2: Charlie says, should the AFL implement or is there room to explore the possibilities of reinventing the draft system where each club drafts from their respective state, with the allowance of draft one or two from other states like back in the day. I don't think it was ever a date, Linink.
Speaker 1: That's why it's called the national draft.
Speaker 2: So really good gun players won't have to need to go back home and leave hold it.
Speaker 1: But it's the thing about players leaving traveling in the state. It's a profession. You choose that profession.
Speaker 2: You're I've got a son who's living in.
Speaker 1: I don't want to come back. I moved from Camera when I was seventeen years old and couldn't get out of the quick enough.
Speaker 2: This this whole business about the go fact they've got a tougher that. I'll tell you what's going to happen a player. Let's say you know James hr Junior, Well, no, because your father. Let's say let's say one of my sons would have another one somewhere. Let me take that back again, Carl. Of course it's not one that sort of just rings up.
Speaker 1: And I know we was just going to error. You could be a lot of trouble here. No the phone to start, got no money. That's not true.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot to his house mine anyway. Unless I said that, he suddenly discovers football again and stuff. And because it was funny because my brother, my older brother, was his I'll give you example. So my older brother was born in Scotland and I was born in Australia, and we grew up. We lived in the same room and as young kids actually slept in a bid together and stuff. His kids would get into an n g A because he was and came out as a nine month old, but mine couldn't, even though I was president of calling him for twenty odd years. So at some stage some kid who yeah, as a father, who's a good lawyer or a friend or whatever, and he says, I ain't going there. I live down here, I've got a great lifestyle. I want to go to Melbourne University. I got all my mates.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Chloe's my girlfriend down the road and her dad's in a fortune two hundred company. I'm not going here or I live at home and my mum's crook and I want to look after it, and I've got younger kids and all this stuff. No, and now, because the AFL have compromised the draft so much, they have no leak to stand on in the federal court. Always the answer to why can't we do this and bring in zones and academies was that it will completely kill your opportunities of defending the draft in the federal court, full stop, new par So that'll happen soon, Oregon. We've got plenty more. I've got Neil and Brett and Joseph and Allan. Yeah, plenty of good stuff there to go with. We'll pick it up next week because Jimmy and I are being a bit verboast. I am at least anybody follow us on Eddie and Jimmy thanks to tab nine now and YouTube, and we'll be back tomorrow with a look at the next games coming up.