Speaker 1: Of the airways. Here is my request. You don't have to play, but help you'll do your best. I've been listening to Sure Ray and you seem lack of friends to me.
Speaker 2: Hello, good morning or evening as the case may be. To you, Tony mcmahontt, wherever you are.
Speaker 3: And of course they're good friends that they've already joined us at five double A in Nadelaide and the ACE Radio network wherever you are, right through Victoria into some of the southern parts of New South Wales, which might include Orange. Yeah, around that area, parks, parks all through that, Aubrey, wogga wogga, coral. Yea. It is so all those people that are tuned in cools to have you there. Wonder Couma Wonder. Marimbula says he has just come back from beautiful far North Queensland. Was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty five degrees in sunshine. I was the f half an hour, then come back to eleven degree. Melbourne is a just because it's a pretty good airport.
Speaker 3: Can's airport, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's not bad. Most of the airports these days have been upgraded well. And truly I had an even a night on the Gold Coast earlier in the week and I was just talking to the first officer and said, well, back in the day when I was a child, we used to go up to Surface Palace Paradise as we did back in the day during the winter holidays as September holidays, because of course we only had two terms instead of the three terms or other instead of the four. And I can remember the airport at Cooling Gata was literally a weatherboard shack or a building, and then on one end was Ansett, on the other end was TAA and that was it. And now you have a look at what they've done. And there's an international area as well in New Zealand. Go in and out, and it's just huge now by comparison, and it's all changed. Everything's changed.
Speaker 3: The Gold Coast haven't been there for a little while really to any great degree flying flight type situation, but the Gold Coast certainly has changed. It has just grown. It's quite an extraordinary city. Oh, it's huge.
Speaker 2: Well, we almost as good as we stayed a little place right on the water, a little two story place sort of like a motel with the balcony around a pool in the middle. All that type of thing, and there was a place called the Sands, as I recall, on the corner of Caval Avenue and the Foreshore, and that was the first of the sort of high risy kind of places, which wasn't very high rise. But now when you go past there, it's just these massive buildings. And then down at broad Beach and all the way up to Southport it's just built up with massive, massive buildings and thousands and thousands of people living there these days.
Speaker 3: Did you do you remember ever going into the Conrad what was referred to as the Conrad Hotel, but it was part of the obviously part of the Hilton group, just branded Conrad in first really smart hotel in that area. That was that Broadbeach I think it's Broadbeach was did the opening of that hotel? It was fantastic and it was run by at that point they brought out a lot of American senior execs to work to get it all set up, you know, to get staff and training and all the sort of things that you can imagine they would have had to do during that time, missus early early part of the eighties, it's.
Speaker 2: Probably forty years ago now, was that did that become Jupiters, is that it was.
Speaker 3: It was kind of Jupiters, yes, correct, So they had the gaming in there and it was all very very special in that launch. It was an amazing place. Point of that story was that one of the frustrations that the Americans told us about on air, because I was doing some radio shows from there for three BA in Ballaret, and they would make mention of the fact that it was really difficult to get people to work in hospitality at that time because it was sort of still a bit of an unknown thing hospitality that level in Australia even late seventies, early part of the eighties.
Speaker 2: Oh and look at it now. I mean if all young people end up doing some sort of stint in hospitality, which I think is a great thing. You learn to deal with people, and you have to be punctual, and you have to be neat, and you have to sort of try and deal with problems and things as they arise, deal with criticism as it gets dished out to you. So yeah, I think it's a great training ground for kids to whatever they're going to do later on, because people skills. Despite the fact that we are less and less communicative with people. I think people skills are so very important and you've got to be thrown in the deep end a little bit to have to sort it out.
Speaker 3: I've said for a long time that in Australia really it's about our level of hospitality has to be so strong because when everything else disappears, we're disappearing in certain certain areas. Now in terms of industry, it will really be based on visitors coming to Australia and we've got to be able to provide them with great services, yes, high end services, to make it very attractive to visit.
Speaker 2: He well that in radio stations that they're the only things that are going to be lived will continue.
Speaker 3: Do you want to make light of this? But how tragedy it was that out of India terrible.
Speaker 2: I mean, our hearts go out to all those directly involved and indirectly involved, and you know, through families and just other colleagues or you know, all of us are affected when these sorts of things happen, and thankfully they are rare, but when they do occur, of course their their front page news and there are questions to be answered. Any whispers is about ah, look about why we're when it's this is one of I think one of the sad things about social media and with any you know. No I did a safety investigators course earlier in the year, a short one, and it's all about evidence, I mean, no speculation, no whatevers. And some of the stuff that's come out is absolutely just completely out of left field and total and utter nonsense, absolutely from so called experts. So as much as of course we want answers and everything, I think there's a few things that were witnessed on the video that seemed a bit unusual, like the undercarriage being left down. It appears that the flaps were up. But then I was just watching something last night from someone fairly reputable who said that in those aircraft there's a little wind generator if you like, and it drops out from underneath the fuselage and it spins and it provides electricity for the electrical systems and the hydraulic systems if the other systems all fall over. It's an emergency supply. It can also drop out if both engines fail. And there's a fair amount of speculation that it was operating, which means there must have been some sort of catastrophic systems failure. There's also been the speculation that why the gear down and the flaps up, that perhaps the pilot monitoring instead. Normally we put the undercarriage up straight away because it just hangs out and caused a lot of air drag, so we pull the gear up as soon as we get airborne. And there was some speculation that maybe the flaps were selected up and not the gear, which means that the engines were not only fighting against all that resistance air resistance from the undercarriage down, but the loss of lift from the wings because the shape had been altered because the flaps were put up. But that's only conjecture at this stage. And I think the flight recorders were intact, and I believe they've been removed. They will be looked at very rapidly, of course, because the important thing, well one of the things is okay, well what happened, why did it happen, and how do we stop it from happening again. So if there is something that is an issue with say the aircraft after a procedure or something, then it needs to be looked at, and all the seven eight to seven operators around the world will take it on board, but they I think the first ones came out in twenty sixteen, and this was the first one that crashed, So there are a lot of them out there.
Speaker 3: It's a very safe the.
Speaker 2: Dreamliner and the eight hundred version of the nine hundred version, which is a little bit longer and has some differences, but there's a lot of them out there. They are safe, and we just need to find out what went on for the sake of everybody and to make sure that there's no underlying problem that needs to be addressed by other operators as well. And of course the incredible story about the man sitting in eleven A survived walked away was walking to hospital grief.
Speaker 3: How many people now will be saying, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be eleven A thanks.
Speaker 3: I thought of that when it came up. The other thing that was a remarkable story. I guess there will be always these sorts of yarns where apparently one personal woman I think was who was running lake could put up in the traffic it wasn't allowed to go on the plan. Yeah, at the last moment, I'm sorry, gates are closed. You can't get on.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, and you hear about that and the other way as well. People that did just get on that weren't meant to be on, and people that were meant to be on that didn't get on. So it's one of those things. I mean, if you're a fatalist, you'd say, well that was my time, wasn't right or it was, depending on which way you went. But anyway, let's, as I say, our thoughts go out to everybody involved, and you know, the family's on the ground as well, and the damage on the ground, and let's wait and see what the answer is and hopefully it'll it'll make aviation just that little bit safer, all right.
Speaker 3: The idea for this morning is for the hour, the couple of hours maybe that Nathan will be with us. It's lighter, it's brighter. We like to have a bit of fun. For those of you that have a much love pet. It could be any one of your beautiful animals at home who's not feeling one hundred percent or you've got an issue with it, you can jump on board as well. Nathan's here. He'll give you some help and guide you through some of the options. One double three six nine three, And if you're sending a message, you can do that zero four double seven six nine three six nine three, and anything to do with aviation or anything that you would like to raise on the program.
Speaker 2: We just sit here and and just we can get everything wrong.
Speaker 3: And you will usually do and there will be no discussion about football.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, Jay, You're on mute this evening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's not going to say anything. He's saying anything. I won't be saying anything. Come and join us one double three six nine three. It is Australia overnight. Good morning Addie, mister Miaggie. Say hello to the one and only Nathan Cosh.
Speaker 4: Good morning Nathan Cash and Tony. Have you got a good birthday? And good morning Jane.
Speaker 3: Now massive birthday. Let me tell you just on that.
Speaker 2: It's only it's still got another two weeks to go.
Speaker 3: For the festival to only is right through until the thirtieth of June. Ardi.
Speaker 4: That's good because one month exactly after yours of July.
Speaker 2: I remember, there you go. And the difference between Tony and myself is immense fteen years. There's no. I don't mean that, but I mean the festival, the Festival of Tony which goes through a month, and the Festival of Nathan is non existent.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not at all true. We can make it. We can make it the festival in July.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just a non birthday person. Oh you are, yeah, just another day.
Speaker 3: I can shift you out of that.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 2: I believe I was there at my birth but I have absolutely no recollection of it.
Speaker 3: Do you It was used today? Yes, earth like it was yesterday. Sorry, Ardie, that's all right.
Speaker 4: I went to a birthday party last night. My club owner. Anyway, an interesting piece of information.
Speaker 3: Again, that was an interesting piece of him information. So who was the who's the club owner?
Speaker 4: She sold off Lusia and she had a birthday at Retroro club.
Speaker 2: Many happy returns to a yes, were you out cutting a actually anyway?
Speaker 4: Happy Nathan. I was watching the news again, I'm brief and maybe mistake and I sill the nessa Hudson the CEO with the suggestions of Virgin being phased out owned by contus. As you already know, the Virgin.
Speaker 3: Virgin's not Virgin's not owned but the completely separate companies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, virgins of separate company jet Star is owned by that's right.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was a jet Star any it was a sorry, not Virgin is a jet Star? I meant to.
Speaker 2: Say, no, no, no, that what there is one of the divisions of Jets in Asia and it operates out of Singapore and they're closing up that division. It's got I think eleven jets something like that, So they're closing that up and they're bringing those aircraft back into Australia. So that division's being closed. But Jetstars are enormous, there's no way they're going to be closing that. So I think that's where it came from. Jetstar Asia as opposed to Jet Star Australia.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that. It's interesting with those brands that are such very important brands, as being one and historically a much loved brand, why would you not And this is just being throwing it out there for discussion, I guess, given the power of that brand historically, what was the what was what's the thinking about? Do other reirlines around the world do that have this so called sub brand?
Speaker 2: There certainly are in the States. You'll see a lot of the regionals will be branded as the original carrier, but they're operated by other carriers because and that's not Jet Stars different. But there are other subsidiaries within quantas that that do that there's Cobbom, this network Alliance does some flying fish for Quantus and Quantus Link which has the turboprops, the dash etes that do the flight into regional centers. Now over here all around the country really out of Adelaide, out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, you'll see them everywhere doing just into the smaller country towns, and so it makes sense for the smaller operators to look after their own patch of turf and rather than have the big conglomerate trying to deal with all the different fleets, all the different route structures, all that kind of thing. Jet Star is a bit different because it was to be branded as the lower cost carrier, and you either dilute the main brand and call it Quantus Light if you like, or you set up another company. And then a lot of airlines around the world have done the same thing, and it's just a means of differentiating the brand. And I think in Australia, the reason, one of the reasons, my humble opinion, why Jetsto was set up was there were some other low cost carriers around the place sniffing around the likes of Ryanair and easy Jet and those European low cost carriers that thought, well, there's room in the Australian market for a low cost carrier, because at the time Virgin was also full service along with Quantas. So in order to plug the gap and not allow another sort of foreign entity to come in, Quantus decided, well, we might as well set up our own and that's where Alan Joyce began at Jetstar, and that plugged the whole and that certainly has stopped those European carriers from coming in and setting up here, because as we've seen, the Australian market is not big enough for all these airlines. And you know we've had the demise in very recent times of Bonza and of the rex Jet operation, the turboprop operations still going, and you know various others over the years that have come and come and gone, and so look, it's a small population with big distances and really for any sort of airline to make money, you want to do lots of short hops because then you just get airfare after airfair after airfair.
Speaker 3: Brand loyalty is so important. You would have thought that if you've got this great brand like Aquantus, say, look you jump on a bird, you go from Melbourne, you go to Brisbane, then you get one of the regional flights. You would still want to be associated with the Quantus.
Speaker 2: And they do and they have Quantus Link and that's how it works. Whereas Jets sort of kept at arm's length. It's run as a very separate entity. We don't have anything to do with them, nor they with us. Whereas with the other the link brands, they have smaller aircraft as Airbus A two twenties, Alliance has Embraer one nineties and then as I say, Quantus Link, you've got there the turboprops. So yeah, it is seamless and you can book all the way through and all of that and book with your points and that kind of thing. So from a passenger point of view, it is quite seamless going through these different entities to ending on where you need to go.
Speaker 3: Levy Milton morning, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning guys, Hellen Tony Nathan. Uh, as soon as I heard about that, you're in you the first thing, I could be right offline, but I've got to check with you because you're the man. Yeah, if you're setting up on the runway and you're going off and uh, one of the things you guys say is auto thrust and the other guys check right, not.
Speaker 2: Quite, but yes, they're different air aircraft have different setups. But yeah, yeah, keep going then sorry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now because they have mistaken then when they hit the auto pole when you when you actually set the audi's thrust, is that supposed to be punched in so that connects with the auto polem.
Speaker 2: No, we don't use the autopilot to take off. We do a hand take off.
Speaker 6: No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is uh trust said for takeoff.
Speaker 2: We have an auto throttle. That's what we use for takeoff. So we work out our figures because we don't just do full power takeoffs every time, so depending on the length of the runway, the weight of the aircraft, the wind, the temperature, all that kind of stuff. We have these days. We have an app in our iPads and we calculate all the data and it tells us how much thrust that we actually use, and we put that in our flight management computer which will then when we push a button on the thrust, it brings the power up to that level and we confirm that it is at that level that you know it is set what we have asked it to set, so it's not connected up to the autopilot. It's a separate system. But it certainly they got airborne on that Air India flight, so I don't know that, you know. But then there's conjecture as well whether they got weights wrong and so it didn't have it. You know, they had enough thrust to sort of launch it into the air, but not enough to kind of keep it going. But again, there's many, many possibilities and it's kind of not helpful to just speculate about things. And we'll wait and see. There will be information I'm sure coming out over the next few days, and then we can talk about it with some science and some evidence.
Speaker 3: We'd hope that would be the case. Let me thank you your calls the other side, come and join us one double three six nine three for those that are waiting. Dylan, Jimmy Mark will come to you next. Oh Jee. It's a great piece and nice to every company wherever you are right across Australia. I'm Tony mcmaus, Nathan kosh is here, Pets and Jets. Wherever you're calling from, you just pick up the phone one double three six nine three one double three six nine three. The messages will get to as well, and they are. They are plenty zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. I just said to you during the commercial break. What was really humbling was the two point eight million emails that I received overnights at three at w dot com dot au for a birthday, which was most humbling, And I've replied to each and every one. He took most of the weekend, but I've replied, and I just want to thank people for that sense of graciousness. You made the point. I'm sure Tony moclear won't mind you repeating that lovely story. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I was over at his place yesterday and he was talking about the fact that when his dear mother passed away a few years ago that he's had a whole wall full of condolence cards and things. And I think that's something we forget about a little bit. You know, people can tend to be a bit upset and angry and everything, and the people that the nice people that are everywhere just don't need to make a fuss. But then occasions like your birthday, and after all, was it next year you get the telegram from the King.
Speaker 3: That's the one coming through next year.
Speaker 2: Next year, and then I think, you know people, most people are good and I think ninety nine point nine absolutely it's just.
Speaker 3: Jill chilling back in the morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good everybody. I hope everybody's well in this morning. Thank you, bad to fantastic. I just want to talk about Mike Bush that's becoming the police commissioner at the first Jilly this year. I think he will make a very very very good police commission a better shame. He's originally from the shaky aisles of He's going to make a great police commissioner. I think it will because of his generation, stimular generation. He taking them the calling your world. But he will make a good police commissioner. He will tell other police officers and get rid of the ones that don't want to work, but the ones that do want to work and put har Yaka and really make this victorious state a better state with crime a looting in the crime. And I think he will because because he's seeing really nice, he's seem quite friendly and everything, but you don't take that weakness and it's absolutely fantastic. You've got a great commissioner. We had actual part before he wasn't very good, but we had a canlay. He was a good one. But I think Mike who was I think he was a good police commission and.
Speaker 6: Can be very good.
Speaker 2: I think you know, when when you get somebody new from outside and no matter what the what the job, I think there's always people a little bit wary because they don't know them and they need to just sort of figure out what they're about. But look, let's hope we crime is such a massive issue around our community, and you've got to feel for the for the police that are going out there day and night trying to sort of keep things under control as best they can. And let's I hope that the new commissioner is an outside voice and we'll get the respect of all of them current members and hopefully can make a dent in some of the stuff that's going on at the moment.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that lovely message, Greg, Well done, you good. I Jay we sent Jay on behalf of the program, said a lovely message to David in Israel, who's respond thanks for writing. I really appreciate it. We are fine. This is David in Israel writing. He says, we have a shelter in our building had a chance to use it a few times Friday night, Saturday night and about an hour ago. So just in the last Saturday night and about an hour ago, there's been some serious damage with some residential buildings deliberately targeted. Been some civilian deaths very sadly, including children. Our areas saw fragments from missiles falling last night's around most businesses closed, bar or essential services such as health, security and food remain open listening to the program. Now, thank you again for writing, says David. So David, we're thinking of you. Yes, for a difficult time for that part of the world, for a range of good on you. We're we off to Jimmy Morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Tony, Nathan and Jay. A couple of questions please bottoms Nathan. But before that, I heard your birthday when I write Tony with your family.
Speaker 3: It was really good. So we went out. We went out Friday night for a dinner with sister Susy, brother Dan, brother Dan's wife, partner Robin, and kicked onto the we.
Speaker 2: Small where did you go?
Speaker 8: View?
Speaker 2: Demond?
Speaker 3: Was that just a lovely just in Berka, a lovely Indian restaurant and the good thing about it is by.
Speaker 2: So you're going to say it was cheap. Well, well that's one of the biggests you were shouting, and.
Speaker 3: So we you when you're the hope, when you're the guest, when you're the person who's the birthday, is the expectation that you pay?
Speaker 2: I think it depends as long as you know. If you say you don't don't bring me a gift, but you know, just pay for your meal. That's one thing. But I think when when people go along and then you don't to pay for your meal, no gift, and you've got to and you pay for their meal.
Speaker 3: What are the rules, Joe? The rules are you don't pay birthday person doesn't pay. Sorry.
Speaker 2: There's a wonderful episode of Kirby Your Enthusiasm where you know, they say, Larry David says, well, what do I bring? Is going to a party, and they oh, no, no, no, don't bring anything. And so he turns up there and they go, well, why didn't you bring anything? And he said, well, you told me not to bring anything. But no, when people say don't bring something, you've still got to bring something. But he said, but you told me anyway, And of course, in the usual manner, it escalates. So, yes, did you get invited to Tony's birthday?
Speaker 8: Jim No, Oh, Jimmy, I wouldn't have been able to afford it because I was just about to ask.
Speaker 3: You, well, but nobody else at the tab.
Speaker 8: I would never be able to come with the prize like that. That's right, tell me what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Look, you know, Tony just would want a bottle of grains and an old one would be fine. It wouldn't have to be a new one.
Speaker 3: The new one.
Speaker 2: You want a new one, the new one.
Speaker 3: Your twenty one is being released this week or next week from Penfolds. I think our very unrayed Jordan will be there for the launch, and, based on some limited tastings so far, considered to be one of the best Grange ever ever, some are giving it a one one hundred point perfect wine that in the hill of gross Of course, this is riveting stuff.
Speaker 2: Isn't it. So, Jim, what you are going to ask me about? Possums?
Speaker 3: Possums?
Speaker 8: So I've got lots and lots of them here in my backyard, in the trees at the back of the school here. Yeah, the power lines. What I wanted to know are possums an Australian animal.
Speaker 2: They are, Yes, they're an Australian native. We've got the two sorts of course, the brushtails the bigger ones, and then the ringtails the little ones. But they're very much an Australian native. And of course just goes to show when someone has a brilliant idea and they sent the brushtails across to New Zealand with a view to for their pelts to be used and that sort of thing. And because they've got no predators or anything over there, they've just gone bananas as the rabbits and the foxes have over here. So yeah, you're welcome, but yeah, they are native jim.
Speaker 8: And the other question I wanted to ask you possums are vegetarian? They they are a couple more questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they generally generally are. So they'll eat eat fruit and bits and pieces that are left over. That's why people will net their fruit trees and things if they have, or their strawberry plants that type of thing, because as soon as they ripen to a point, the possums will get into them, for sure.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, thank you.
Speaker 2: Fruit fruit, fruit, fruit ivorous.
Speaker 3: That's the one in worrib Hello, Mark, we're well for you, say to Nathan Kosh Mark.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I did catch you last name just before I get into it, Jim. They do love an apple, but about the vegetarian part. They don't mind a spit of finger as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you got to. And that's the thing people forget. You know, sometimes if you see injured wildlife by the side of the road, and particularly things like like a possum, you want to be very careful when you go up to it because when they're distressed or if they're injured, then yeah, they can sink a tooth into you, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 2: I'm sure have you been a victim of such a.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, look, yeah, I caught your name there, Nathan Coach.
Speaker 2: As in David. But no relation.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, yeah, I don't know what you're talking to you if you're a relation? No, well, I mean, well, yeah, I was on a plane. I had one of my exes. Is not that I've got.
Speaker 2: Many, Yes, only a couple of dozens.
Speaker 9: Her father was made of the coach Turkey and he and we were flying back on Turkish airline and I guess through that relationships now we got boosted up jacked up to the class and business class or whatever, and I asked if I could go and see the cockpit and they said, oh, you can come in when we land So I got to go into the cock pit when we landed on this jack yes, and we landed in Sydney, I ll Brisbane. But as we now, I have sent a text about this before, but I didn't realize it was pets and jets when I called it.
Speaker 3: And we're going to.
Speaker 9: Ask a question about you can call it anything, yes, okay, yeah, I might ask you in a second. But regardless that when we landed it was raining, and I was so surprised because when it was clear above the clouds, but once we got below it was torrential rain. But the funniest thing happened. I could see the runway. But then these wind screen wipers came on. They were going one hundred miles and now with.
Speaker 3: Ye and say Mark, how did they go?
Speaker 2: Again? Quest Yeah, we do have been screen wipers.
Speaker 9: But they just seemed irrelevant.
Speaker 3: We're going to run out of time. What was your question, Mark, Well, why why do you have them?
Speaker 2: When well, when we're on the runway, once we're in the air, we we certainly them off on the way in, we will put them on because they do make a difference, even for that little bit of time where they've cleared the windscreen before it gets covered again, because it does make quite a difference. If the wind screen's not working, then it's very difficult to see the runway and then we have some issues. So yeah, they actually do make a difference, although it may not seem like it with very heavy rain. Doesn't last very long between wipes, that's for certain. But we do use them and if we're on the ground when we're taxing around as well, we need to use them. But once we take off we turn them off because obviously we don't need to be looking out of the window anymore.
Speaker 3: Nikki from corfielder, thank you, Mark, Nicki from Corfield right, sir three, you'll love this. Three weeks after come into Australia from South Africa, I was asked to bring a plate to a party, thinking the host was short of plates. Would you could imagine or could you bring a plate?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 10: A plate?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I'll bring three plates. Yes, thinking that that was short of for crockery, which is very funny. Good on you, Nick. We'll come back your calls the other side. Don't leave us here by ourselves one double three six nine three. It is a straighter of an night morning in Cheltenham. Hello, Greg, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, good morning. To be remiss of me not to wish you a happy belated Bertha.
Speaker 2: It's very congres it's not belated at all, Greg, because the whole month, yeah, it's a whole month is the festival of tiny. So you're absolutely slap bang right in the middle, right in the sweet spot.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, well I'll ask make on.
Speaker 2: A question then please go ahead, Greg.
Speaker 11: The King requested eco friendly fuel in the jets that flew over in the ceremonies recently. There would the engines have to be modified for eco.
Speaker 2: Friendly Buell, Well, the turbine engines are pretty good at Bernie most things. They're not as fhnickety as perhaps a piston engine. And obviously the fuels that they're coming up with, because they're going to be mixed with normal fuel, it's not going to be all or nothing that they need to be compatible and that's where all the testing and everything is concerned. So there are some eco fuels that are starting to come about now. I don't know that we'll see it well at this point anyway, completely replacing the petroleum based jet fuel, but they'll mix it, mix it with it to extend the life of the jet fuel supplies that we're going to have. So yeah, all the work is done to make sure that they're not going to cause any problems to the engines, and so far, so good. It's just a matter of getting enough of it at a reasonable price. So that's where all the work is happening at the moment.
Speaker 11: Just to go way way wait, wait, wait, way back when you are flying aeroplane, Yes, your own fuel, Yes you.
Speaker 2: Did, because of course the little two stroke engines, and you'd have to mix some oil in with it because it didn't have a separate oil reservoir like say we have in a car. So yeah, you'd have to mix up these certain proportions of the different bits of fuel. And that still happens today. Very dear friend of mine's right up with all the radio control models and things, and he loves building big scale warbirds and the like. So there's four stroke engines and two stroke engines, and there's even turbine engines. There's actually jet engines that people have with little model jets and they are unbelievable. They just sound incredible and they go like the clappers and cost probably about twenty grand. So no, not for me, but yeah, you'd have to do all the mixing and everything, whereas we keep everything separate in the bigger ones. We have our oil reservoirs just like you'd have in a car, and our hydraulic reservoirs as you have separately. So yes, I remember back in the days of having to mix it right, otherwise you just ended up with splat it all over the back of your aeroplane, took you out and out to clean.
Speaker 3: You don't want to do that. Good on your great thanks vern Vern or fern Fern, I beg your pardon, cool Field sore.
Speaker 12: Hello, you're forgiven. Good evening to everyone, to everyone morning. I would like to speak tonight and about the subject of possum.
Speaker 2: It's possum night tonight.
Speaker 12: Hello, possible, that's very funny.
Speaker 13: Could you please tell everyone that they ring is are protected by.
Speaker 2: Law, as are the brush tails. Yes, they are protected, so you can't you can't poison them, do anything. And hence, if you do have an issue with possums, you need to call the appropriate people like Jim down there and they have to trap trap them and then move them away and then hopefully seal up your house as well so that they don't just come back into the roof space.
Speaker 13: You can't trap the ring, so you can't touch them at all or interfere with them. I have a neighbor who was killing them at one stone. I was up on the dividing fence watching him all the time, and I ended up in front of a magistrate twice oh on a single case and won a criminal case because I was watching them all the time if I heard something suspicious so.
Speaker 6: I couldn't get it.
Speaker 2: Yes, did you get off because you said that you were trying to prevent a crime from occurring? Aren't you allowed to do that?
Speaker 14: Yeap.
Speaker 13: Both times the case was dismissed. But I'm still on the lookout all the most won.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to.
Speaker 13: Say yes, probably that too. But yes, they are protected. But he thought he could do anything he liked, and I wasn't going to sit back and watch. Good for you, So please everyone, they are protected. Do not touch them or interfere with them, or poison them or it's.
Speaker 3: A great message, fir. Thank you, it's a lovely message and thank you for reminding us about that. I guess the question that we might explore this when we come back as to why they are protected. I guess we'll do that. Next. It is Australia Overnight. I'm Tony McManus, Nathan Gosh, good morning to you.
Speaker 2: Hello fossoms.
Speaker 3: Nathan. You happy to stay and it takes some calls with me as part of Australia Overnight.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, Tony.
Speaker 3: Goodness what if you said no? We'll do that in the next down.
Speaker 15: Now, this is Australia Overen Eyes with Tony McManus.
Speaker 3: Cool two cool for this school. One double three six nine three is the number if you would like to join us, and I hope you do. Nathan Kosha gives up his valuable Not only is Nathan a Quantus pilot, he is a highly regarded vet. If you would like any veterinary support advice, now would be a really good time to call through. You'll get on straight away if we get to you. One double three six nine three. If you're sending a message, you can do that. Zero four double seven six' nine three sixty nine Three and should you choose to send an, email AND i hope you. Do you can do that overnights AT threeaw dot com dot. Au so it's all one world overnights AT threeaw dot com dot. Au media, monitors media, monitors media, monitors you'll love this most. More driving in to host this very important program of courses straight usually calling for. Coffee, yes got a little McDonald's just On Clyde. Road you Know Clyde.
Speaker 2: ROAD i, do indeed days to work On clyde you.
Speaker 3: Did and so there is A aup Towards berrick, there and there's a lovely. McDonald's there's a couple, there but the one THAT i call into is on my left hand. SIDE i go in.
Speaker 2: There is that a better one than the other? One, well they're.
Speaker 3: Both pretty, good okay, historically but it's just it's on the way. Through SO i call in there AND i get a regular flat, white full cream, milk, yes extra, shot extra, shot and half a teaspoon of. Sugar, Right and so that lasts me usually to at least two thirty sometimes three. O'clock for those that don't believe, Me i'm holding up now for the cameras there Is tonight's this said cup exhibit A thursday Morning Friday morning program of Last we called in AND i said hello. There they were excruciatingly busy because it's footy On thursday, nights so every man and puppy have decided they're going to go there to get a late night, snack presumably just before the footy ends during the footy. DEATH i call in And i'll have a. Tie It's, tony good, morning and they, go oh morning. TONE i, Said i'd like the, normal which is the regular full cream, milk flat flat, white half half a, sugar extra. Shot SO i get this Last Thursday friday, morning AND i tasted and it tastes like panthers.
Speaker 2: And not that they can confirm or deny what said liquid tastes, like But i'll take your word for.
Speaker 3: It but it was just. Dreadful SO i thought to, MYSELF i think they've forgotten the half of.
Speaker 2: Sugar, WELL i think they forgot to put the coffee. In oh it was that.
Speaker 3: One it was, anemic so it felt Like i'm drinking just warm milk with maybe a little bit of. Sugar you nothing wrong with, that but that's not WHAT i paid.
Speaker 2: For so did you immediately do A u.
Speaker 3: Turn, no so this morning or last, night if you. Like i'm driving down through the Aforementioned Clyde road. Right AND i went in there AND i said, morning and they said our morning tone because they know the.
Speaker 2: Voice, yes.
Speaker 3: Indeed AND i, said, LOOK i just my, coffee a regular flat, white full cream, milk.
Speaker 2: Extra, shirt half for, sugar thank.
Speaker 3: You it's just, boring now.
Speaker 2: Boring AND i, said, LOOK i think there's a good. Punchline now there. Is it's a light touch.
Speaker 3: Line and so the very wonderful young lady behind the window she, Said i'm. SO i explained to her what. Happened she, Said i'm so. Sorry she said that should not have. Happened AND i, said, no it's not a. Problem i'm just letting you know BECAUSE i think the store with, everybody was very. Busy it probably got lost up in the in the realm of. It and she, said, however it shouldn't have, Happened. Tony tonight's coffee will be, complimentary.
Speaker 2: But it's going to say nice things about. You.
Speaker 3: Complimentary and SO i got there AND i, said, no that's not WHY i mentioned. It i'm very happy to. Pay she, said, No tonight's complimentary.
Speaker 2: So you said make it an extra large.
Speaker 3: Police SO i then, said could you?
Speaker 2: UPGRADE i know you well, enough that was my, DAMN i pinch Your.
Speaker 3: Let's take a couple of calls thank you wherever you are right around, austraight And i'm sure everybody would have one of. That the point of that, IS i think then if you're polite and if you if you genuinely just kind without being, nasty you, know it comes back to you in so many, ways in ways that are often.
Speaker 2: Unimaginable but isn't it isn't it nice when they know. YOU i mean we at the airport WHEN i rock up to work and go through, security and there's always the one coffee place THAT i go to and they know me AND i know, them and it's all really. Nice AND i walk in there and they know straight away WHAT i, want and it's just it's lovely when when you can interact with.
Speaker 3: People, yep that's what it's all. About, Neil good morning to, You, hi.
Speaker 16: Good, morning good boarding. Day just a couple of quick, ones. Guys they do they do inspections of planes at all airport like safety inspections when they land or take, up doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: What, no there's.
Speaker 16: Not there's a chap or. Balances when you come in and out of any, country.
Speaker 2: THERE'S i mean there. Are there are maintenance programs and depending on where you, are there will be, engineers like we have engineers in places like you, Know, Melbourne, Sydney, brisbane, whatever but if you head out to Say newman out in The, pilborough there's no engineers. There so we do an inspection every. Flight we do a pre flight. Inspection usually me walks around the airplane from the outside make sure everything looks, okay and then there are various checks that we do on the inside side of the aircraft as. Well and if we have any issues or any, concerns we will call the head of engineering or the engineering department In sydney and have a chat with them about what's going. On and if there's something that we can sort, out we sort it. Out and if there's something that, isn't the airplane gets grounded and they have to send you to send an engineer up to to come and sort it.
Speaker 5: Out i'm just going to cover.
Speaker 3: Nearly are you going through a drive as we, speak.
Speaker 16: But don't coming around. Him it's very foggy up.
Speaker 3: Here foggy.
Speaker 16: Outside we're very foggy up just Before golden probably down a. Bit take it, easy take it trouble in the, middle line in the, middle.
Speaker 6: In the middle of good not in the.
Speaker 2: Line, NO i was going to, say not not in the middle of the road on a on a two way, road but just when it's one way on the.
Speaker 16: Ya got a bit of, exactly, yeah and just quickly we've seen a lot of obviously dead, kangaroos and, yeah and it was a lot of bit of De now rabbits see any more, habits.
Speaker 3: Lots of, rabbits hardly. Rabits no, rabbits no.
Speaker 2: Rabbits on do you normally see dead rabbits by the? ROAD i think it's the ones that you would probably see maybe would be the ones with mixed and mitosis because their eyes are affected and they can't, see and so they wander on the road and don't get out of the.
Speaker 16: WAY i don't sue dead anymore on the.
Speaker 2: Road well maybe BECAUSE i think you, know there's major issues of feed for the. Herbivores and in, fact when you talk about dead, KANGAROOS i was driving out of the airport In melbourne just yesterday and then as just literally outside the airport there was a, massive big room unfortunately killed by the side of the, road AND i, thought, GOSH i know when you come, out for those that are Visiting Melbourne, airport as you come out of the airport, itself look to the left and there's a massive group of, herd flock, whatever gaggle of kangaroos up. There so you think they must be stuffed ones there for the, tourists but, no they're real. Ones but this ONE i wandered onto the road obviously to get some some, feed perhaps in the median, strip and didn't make. It but it was a huge gray. Kangaroo so, yeah there's there's lots of them out there, Unfortunately but as you, SAY i wonder whether the foxes are getting to the rabbits quicker than than they can get to the.
Speaker 16: Road, yeah.
Speaker 5: Which is, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 16: Pathur and the other out.
Speaker 3: There and, thanks good on your. Kniel always good to hear from. You stay safe and we'll talk. Soon see. Now By maggie, one thank, You good morning to.
Speaker 17: You, Margaret, Hello, Tony Hello, Nathan.
Speaker 2: Margaret house life in one.
Speaker 6: Faggy it's very.
Speaker 17: COLD i had a question For, nathan.
Speaker 18: My little.
Speaker 17: Dog he died about a month.
Speaker 2: Ago sorry to hear.
Speaker 17: That, well he was perfectly healthy, dog. Perfectly he's nine year, old a little chio Hour Jack. Russell and he went for his walk in the morning and at half past teen he was outside AND i went to see him because he's my, shadow and he wasn't near, me AND i went to find him and he was like he was in, shock and SO i took him too the vet and he was dead three and a quarter hours. Later, now he started from THE lep, said an infection in his liver that went to the.
Speaker 2: Brain, okay that's that seems rather quick for. That so he was normal before?
Speaker 10: That, yes this.
Speaker 17: Perfectly norman ran around with his you know wall. Everything how would he get?
Speaker 19: That?
Speaker 2: Look infections can come about in different. Ways and AND i guess you didn't have him more topsied or, anything did? You that was just suppositioned by the. Vet is that? Right do they do bloods and things at the clinic before he passed? Away they took the?
Speaker 17: Blood? Yeah okay at, first WELL i saw him because he was sort of, unconscious, yes drifting into into the world again and then go unconscious. Again, Yeah and he seemed to stand up on the that table and he lifted his legs not to.
Speaker 6: Work, yes, yes he.
Speaker 17: Moved his leg and. YEP i wondered if if he'd been bitten by.
Speaker 2: WELL i was, wondering you know when when you said that, initially given the speed with which it, OCCURRED i would. Have And i'm not saying that it was. WRONG i mean that they saw your. DOG i, haven't but you just wonder something with that speed may well have been a snake bite or something like. That although in the in you, know when it's very, cold of course they're not, active but he may just have been very unlucky and and happened to get that, way or it could be a spider bite or something like. That but when they when they do go very, quickly that's the sort of thing that you think, about not in your, situation but things like, poisonings that type of thing can also occur very. Rapidly but if they've diagnosed that it was a liver infection that went to the, BRAIN i, mean any infections as we get, them they can be, inhaled they can be through the food that we eat when we get gastros and, things or they can go through the. Blood if we've stepped on a on a rusty nail or something like, that that's how we can develop tetanus that type of. Thing so they're the general ways that they can get an. Infection but it's quite, possible excuse, me quite possible that maybe some sort of bite or. SOMETHING i think that's a reasonable, Proposition. Margaret i'm very sorry to hear about the. Outcome, sorry you've lost your, Puppy.
Speaker 17: Margaret the blood test show show a poison even.
Speaker 2: They only, do they only can, indirectly and it's not like you, know you would think back ON, csi where you can just oh, yeah you put a drop of blood in a machine that tells you everything that's going. On if you're looking for a, poison you have to specifically look for. It but, certainly if they found some problems with his liver in a, hurry then that's probably what they've what they've, discovered and maybe liver infection that was brewing that blew up quickly over a short period of time and then went to his brain and unfortunately that brought about his. Demise just awful because it's a it's a, sudden it's a. Shock oh, terrible.
Speaker 3: Ruful, absolutely the thoughts are with, you very very. Sad GOOD I, Nathan i've been told by my vet six year old spoodle perhaps done an a C l back left. Leg can this repair itself in time or does it need to be operated? On we'll do. That the other side of this for those that are, waiting will come to you in, Justarticulate, nathan just briefly the six year old, Spoodle, yes with a possible AC l backlift leg repair time operation Need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look if the if the ligament has actually, snapped there's no way it won't. Rejoin it's like getting two bits of wood and putting them next to each other and they're not going to grow. Together so if it is completely, torn then definitely you have to have surgery in order to repair. It if you, don't you're left with an unstable, joint and over a period because the bones not are moving properly with the thigh bone and the shinbone if you, like and not moving properly with respect to each, other then you will end up with wear and tear and arthritis down the. Track definitely if it is only. Stretched if the ligament is, stretched it can. Repair if it's partially, torn then it can. Repair but, yeah if it's if it's a snapped then definitely the only long term solution, really or the best long term solution is. Surgery leo on the road, again good.
Speaker 3: Morning how was the? Weekend good?
Speaker 14: Morning damn?
Speaker 5: Slow really about one hundred dollars down each?
Speaker 2: Day the cold or there's just events around the place or why is?
Speaker 18: That?
Speaker 9: Leo it's a.
Speaker 5: Combination there very few events the, cold of, course but also it is exam. Season oh of, course and a lot of the young.
Speaker 4: People aren't going.
Speaker 5: Out but you find that people go out if there's a birthday or on an occasion when it's. Cold they don't just, say, look look it looks like A mst, day let's go.
Speaker 2: Out so maybe next, year next week when the exams are, done hopefully you'll have a bumper.
Speaker 5: Weekend, absolutely BUT i, mean, look this is the time of. Year you have to expect.
Speaker 2: It, yes.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately now QUESTION i often see we call tankers jet fuel.
Speaker 9: Tankers sometimes doubles going to the.
Speaker 5: Airport are they picking up for the regionals or will they be Just i'm not you, know they wouldn't be, delivering would?
Speaker 2: They, yes they can, do and there is a at most of the big, airports there's actually an underground fuel, system so there's a whole array of pipes and things that go to each of the parking, bays and so the trucks that we see don't actually have fuel in. Them they're just pumping trucks and they just attach the hose to the ground and then up to the wing and then they can pump the fuel up that. Way but, certainly depending then you know where the aeroplanes are, parked or if it's going to be the corporate aircraft out the, back then there won't be the underground systems because they're mainly to the terminal that they'll have to have the tankers go out there and do. It certainly at the outports we'll have the tankers come up and refuel us from the tankers rather than any underground. System SO i, think, yeah it'll just be the aircraft that are away from the terminal and they need to get pumped directly from the. Tankers, OKAY i.
Speaker 5: See quite a few of them come into the sometimes out of the. Airport, yes, yeah it's. INTRIGUING i was wondering why they would be.
Speaker 2: There, yes, well they certainly do have a big underground fuel, system and then from time to time in different airports there can be problems with, them and doesn't that cause headaches for? Everybody but, yeah the, otherwise there are plenty of aircraft that park away from the terminal and so they have to be fueled from the. Tankers even the freighters out out towards the hangar, areas they have to be refueled from from the tankers rather than from the underground. System, Cool thank.
Speaker 3: You PLEASURE lei are always good to. Talk thank. You Hook billy. Morning tell us about The vertigg. Bill oh they've.
Speaker 14: From oh gout. There we're Binding verdigo And i'm trying to find out there to get rid of.
Speaker 9: It, yeah, well putably On.
Speaker 14: Stematowel BUT i just don't. See WHEN i was talking to someone on their last, night they said something about, crystals AND i thought completely lost for another one That i'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Crystal crystals as in as in just sort of having a healing crystal or something that type of.
Speaker 14: Thing he, said crystals in the ear actually go, along you've got to go to a physio.
Speaker 2: Or, okay, okay there's There's, yeah, Look i'm just sort of looking it up. Here there's there are depending on the, course because there's a whole bunch of different causes of. Vertigo so depending on what your cause, is then the treatment will be. Different but just having a look, here and obviously the stemotyl will make you're getting nausea with it as? Well not really, okay.
Speaker 14: Started Off it started off with a like a slosh of the ear like you had a.
Speaker 2: Fluid, yeah that did.
Speaker 14: Last only a couple of. Days and THEN i, said did very go after? That?
Speaker 2: Yeah did They you've been to the doctor with? It, obviously, YES i have you and they've had a look at your ear and there's no sort of fluid hiding behind the ear drum or. Anything, no he's.
Speaker 14: Checked out the. Record there is no infection. Already but it's just thinking about. It two or three days stemotol. Yep and THEN i was talking to somebody is today and they recon that.
Speaker 20: The, Physiotherapist well it, depends, yeah it really again depends on the cause probably the most common and why your doctor gave you the stemtol and, stemtyls an anti nausea.
Speaker 2: DRUG i, Mean i'm not a people, doctor of, course but you, know we use those similar medications on. Animals but then there are other things there are if it continues, on there are exercises and things you can. Do And i'm just looking. Here they're talking about An eppley maneuver and they say they used to treat a particular type of verdigo by repositioning the calcium crystals in the inner. Ear so maybe is that the crystal thing that they were talking. About Perhaps i'm very.
Speaker 5: Similar, yeah, yeah so that.
Speaker 2: You, know you would need to go to a physio WHERE i guess for, that and they can give you those sort of exercises or. Maneuvers but the important thing is if it, continues then you, know head back to the doctor and then let them find out what the what the cause of the vertigo, is because verdigo isn't a disease on its, own it's a symptom of something. Else so if it was an inner ear infection or something that's caused, it, well if that settles, down then that'll be the end of. It but you, know they just need to make sure there's nothing. Else, pardon make sure there's nothing else going.
Speaker 3: On.
Speaker 20: Advice so that thank you very, much no, Pleasure, well good.
Speaker 2: Luck let us know how you get On billy look after.
Speaker 3: Yourself very. Pleasure will See bill's. In, jimmy you got another quick?
Speaker 21: Question, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Tony nathan sad hearing about. It, yes, anyway the REASON i asked you, Before nathan about possums in vegetarians. Back there's always a few channels that have animal documentaries or someone narrating about, Possums and he, said did you know the possums resistant to snake? Venom and then WHY i saw a posslem with the sprung waws fading a snake head, first WHICH i very.
Speaker 2: PUZZLED i can't say As i've heard of such a. Thing Let tony fill in for a moment here And i'll consult the. Oracle we.
Speaker 3: Will we'll find out the other side of this On astrader. Overnight thank, You. Jimmy oh, YEAH i gotta. Laugh there's a great texter who ends in nine to five zero who's sent some very very funny text you AND i, giggle but we can't read any on, there but they're just. Fantastic thank you for. That did you do some?
Speaker 2: Inquiry look some inquiring and it Says australian possums while not immune have a degree of resistance to snake, venom particularly from certain, species due to a protein in their. Blood and in, fact there's a project going on to see whether or not that can be harvest, stain whether or not it can be used by us to for us to develop a resistance to a snake bite as. Well so, yeah so they are, resistant not, immune and it depends on the different type of snake as to whether or not they they are resistant to the snake bites on the.
Speaker 3: Peninsula Hello, Heather, hello good. Morning which part of the peninsula are you at?
Speaker 14: All?
Speaker 2: Pennington can't you Read.
Speaker 22: Tony i've got a cat that's nineteen years. Old, yes and she's got apparently thyroid.
Speaker 2: Problems, yes that's very.
Speaker 19: Common her on.
Speaker 22: Demand is, that and it does. Happen she gets hungry quite a. Bit, yes what does a thorough. Do And i've actually got half a thorroid as. Well we're the same as, animals we.
Speaker 2: Do, yeah we we have thorough dishes and in fact the medications are the. SAME a lot of old cats get a condition called hyper, thyroidism where the thyroid becomes too active and the thyroid gland is involved in. Metabolism so when you get a very active thyroid, gland what happens is that the body's metabolism goes, up so we find that they become quite, active and in, fact what happens is that they burn up their food a lot. Quicker so one of the things that we'll see in particularly in the older, cats is that they eat like there's no, tomorrow but they still lose.
Speaker 22: Weight, exactly and that's what's, happened.
Speaker 2: Yep so the good news for that is there is a, treatment and there are tablets that you can give OR i made a. DISCOVERY i had a cat with hyper, thyroidism and in fact there's a relatively new product whose name escapes, me but your vette will know. It and it's a liquid and it's honey, based so they actually quite like. It and all you do is draw up the appropriate amount in a, syringe squirt it down their, mouth and it helps to slow down the thyroid and you'll find that that should make a. Difference now you'll need to get some regular blood tests through your vet to make sure that the levels of the thyroid hormone are within the, parameters and so there's a little bit of experimentation required to get the right. Dose but it is it, is, yeah oh, No and it's not just a fixed. Dose it really depends how high the thyroid level. Is and then you, know you just keep titrating the dose of this. Product the beauty of the liquid as opposed to a tablet as well is you can adjust the dose very very acutely and so a very fine tune, it and so that way you're going to get the right dose to keep your cat's thyroid levels in between the low and the high range of. Normal there are surgeries and things with a nineteen year old cat unless the tablets and, things, no, no, so and that's an and heart murmurs can be associated with hyperthyroidism as, well so it's all part of. It but, yeah head around to your, vet get a blood, test it's very, straightforward and then get put onto get your cat put on one of the, medications and then you'll go in on a fairly regular, basis initially just to make sure that you don't give it too much and you end up with too low thyroid. Hormone but once you get the dose sorted, out then hopefully you'll keep your kiddy going for a while.
Speaker 3: Longer let's hope that's the. Case here the thank you for being part of the. Program, sorry you've got The pennington as opposed to The. Peninsula, Hello, megie good, MORNING.
Speaker 23: I Met good Morning tony and.
Speaker 2: Me Hello.
Speaker 23: Maggie, YEAH i tuned in. Later they're, say you've already spoken about. It.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah the bottom line is we don't know, yet and there's certain speculations about various. Things there are lots of theories going. Around we'll wait till we get all the data and then we'll have the in the, answer and hopefully it's sooner rather than later for the sake of. Everyone.
Speaker 23: Yeah, no, so, okay we'll leave that one. ALONE i do have a. Question, yes You nathan as a veterinarian essentially an animal. Doctor, yeah but there's so many. Similarities, yes, well we humans are animals.
Speaker 2: Too and some more than, Others.
Speaker 23: Maggie we are the highest daughter of the.
Speaker 2: Animal it depends depends who you're talking.
Speaker 24: To, okay, no, No but how transferable are your skills as a veterinarian and adaptable and even perhaps in the case of an emergency when you have to address.
Speaker 23: An issue with.
Speaker 2: Human, look there are there have been Sorry, maggie that there have been instances over the years where vets have have gone in and helped out and done all sorts of things when they've needed. To there are great similarities with you, know amongst all mammals as far as you know body organs and functions and. Things there are definite differences between as, well particularly things like metabolism and you, know like we always, say cats are not little little. Dogs they can be quite different with various. Things BUT i think one of the more recent instances of vets being able to to do something to help with people was the rescue in the cave of The thai soccer team that there were there was a, doctor of, course an anesthetis, extraordinary, yes and a fellow with Whom i've become quite, Friendly Craig, challon and he's a vet and he was in there as, well and he's a cave diver and that was his expertise that that helped along and so he was involved also in the rescue of the boys from the. Cave so, yeah when we have, to we do what we need to. Do and certainly first aid, wise, yeah you, know most of the first aid things that one would be able to, do we. Can we can.
Speaker 3: Do it's an interesting, Point maggie, raises, though isn't it the king of the? Jungle we always because of the lion, king you, know the theories and storylines the portrayal of, say the lion being the king of the. Jungle, yes how does it translate into the human.
Speaker 2: Condition, well we can still shoot, lines can't. We SO i think that's a pretty tenuous. Title, LOOK i think a lot of the king of The jungle stuff comes about a, because you, know the the mains of the male, line a bit like you, know very, regal a bit like a. Crown and in, fact the lions don't really live in the, jungle do. They tigers are more jungle, dwellers whereas lines are more out in the in the planes and in the. Bush but they are the top of the food, chain if you, like in that. Ecosystem but, unfortunately once you stick people into, it we have the wherewithal to clob or. Anything, so, YEAH i guess we clubb aer in a, well, yes do you use the technical? Term, yeah so we have the ability to we do.
Speaker 3: Tasty you know. That are you talking about the junior association football? Teams? Yes for fifteen?
Speaker 2: Days, yes do you know that was in twenty, eighteen oh really seven years, AGO i remember at the, time And Craig i've forgot his partner's, name but the, doctor how terrible of. Me but, Anyway craig was involved in all of, that AND i had the pleasure of meeting him down the track and he actually has a pilot's license and helicopter license and owns an, aircraft so he's a very very impressive fellow and talking to them, about you, know how it all went and what they decided that they needed to, do and of Course Elon musk got involved and said, that you, know they had to use this capsule that he, developed and, anyway there are a million reasons why it wasn't going to. Work BUT i Asked, CRAIG i, said, well what was what would you have done if this wasn't going to? Work and he said there wasn't a PLAN. B there was just, nothing and what a wonderful. Story. Said they didn't know till the end of the first day whether any of the boys had got out because they weren't in communication in the, cave and it's only at the end of the first day that they found out that they'd all, survived and what a, wonderful wonderful. STORY i believe the coach has subsequently passed, away which is a bit, sad.
Speaker 3: You'd have to. Say by definition and history will tell. Difference that was a great. Degree there was a. Miracle, Really, oh it was a. Miracle absolutely were way against.
Speaker 2: Oh and you, know they went way, out they thought way, out way outside the square as to as to what they needed to do and what they could, do and all of the other theories of you, know trying to put a shaft down there to get them, out and that was never going to. Happen and AS i, Say Elon musk came up with this tube and as they, said you, know these these boys were not, swimmers and so they and because they had to take them over rocks and around and, DOWN i, mean a solid structure was never going to. Work so they had to just have them relaxed and anesthetize so that they could lift them and carry them and bend them and move them. Through so what a what an extraordinary. Story and of course there was The navy seal, diver the tai diver who passed away because they were open water, divers and of course this was caves and it was quite, differ but risked his life and unfortunately passed away in trying to trying to rescue the.
Speaker 3: Boys mark In slovakia will come to you. Next it's all part Of. Australia EVEN i had good, Morning good Morning tony And. NATHAN i have milk thistle capsules wife took to or stopped due to their blood thinning, effect SO i wonder if they may be effective on the, dogs Especially Chinese christian who had a life threatening hepatitis of the liver seven years. Ago he's now aged. Thirteen over checks alt LEVELS lt, levels.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the enzymes that's produced in the. Liver i'm just having a. Look there are certainly milk thistle supplements for. Dogs is it going to help with? HEPATITIS i wouldn't think, so because it's hepatitis is an inflammation of the, liver and blood thinning is blood. Thinning but certainly do a little bit of research before you do any of these, things because a lot of the natural, therapies just because they're natural doesn't necessarily mean that they're. Good i'm not saying they're, bad but you just need to be careful because with certain, conditions certain medications or certain natural therapies are the wrong thing to. Give but, yeah just milk thistle is safe for, dogs providing that everything else is. Okay and then just have a chat to your, VET i think is best if your dog has, hepatitis and just see whether the milk thistle is something that can be added to the. REGIME i talk about all these things has been complementary, medicine so added to other things rather than instead Of, so, yeah have a word with the event and see if it's going to be appropriate for your little.
Speaker 3: DOG i Think jerill quickly always uses that expression to its. Complementary, yes and that one shouldn't be. Discarded the other was exactly and that's.
Speaker 2: Exactly AND i, think you, know Sometimes western medicine poopo a lot of the natural therapies and vice. Versa AND i keep an open mind with these. Things and there are certainly plenty of natural therapies that can be of, use but they need to be used in conjunction with other treatments that might be prescribed by medical, professionals and that, way hopefully you get a better outcome whatever your condition or your pets condition may. Be we're we off to Heath.
Speaker 3: Spot Hello, Dave, yeah good morning.
Speaker 21: Gents.
Speaker 10: Nathan just thinking About i'm talking. Aviation i'm an expert in any sense of the word THAT i am an.
Speaker 21: Enthusiast, yes the thing that's really annoying me irkingly about This Air india crash and all that sort of, stuff and several others have. Happened it's just THAT i look at YouTube a, lot and people come out within an, Hour, yes, yep this is what. Happened, yeah it's, like, yeah it drives me.
Speaker 10: Insane, now, Yeah i'll watch a lot of live streams of aviation channels and, stuff and, yeah people just need to settle.
Speaker 2: Down and it's not, helpful is. It it's just not helpful at. All and you, know wait for the, data wait for the, evidence and of course we want, answers and that's only. Natural AND i just, think you, know we put we see a couple of things on a video and then all of a, sudden everybody's jumping to. Conclusion so certainly there are a few theories out, there and that's. Okay you can postulate about. Things that's not a problem as long as you understand that it's only a possibility and not the definitive. Answer but if you're wanting a definitive, answer we just have to wait till we get the. Data and we will have the data and we will. Know and it's important for the for the, families and it's also important for the inn industry to make sure that it's not something that needs to be addressed because it could potentially be a problem with other. Aircraft and therefore it's important for the whole traveling public to make sure that we get the right, answer get to the bottom of, it and hopefully we will have some answers fairly. Quickly but you're quite, right and some of these so called, EXPERTS i, mean, WELL i always JOKE x is an unknown quantity and a spurts a drip under, pressure and you, know it's just not helpful when people come up with THE i know what's gone on type of scenario and it's just spare.
Speaker 3: Me but that is A, dave thank you for the great.
Speaker 2: Call, yes that is the idea of this thing called social, media AS i like to call it anti social. Media, yeah pretty much where everybody flinging in their two cents, yes which is not even worth that. Much, No and What and the bit THAT i really don't like in general is the, Anonymity like if you're prepared to say, something put you hand up and say this is me who's saying. It but when people can hide behind a monica that you, know they can say the most outrageous. Things and we're, seeing you, know all all of the problems with bullying in schools and things like. That it really because if you put your name to, it people all of a sudden they are going to pull their heads in a little, BIT i, feel because you, know if someone knows who you, are you're not going to say some of the outrageous things that people.
Speaker 3: Say you AND i should jump on a plane and go To.
Speaker 2: Slovakia Well mark can be waiting for, us and he's going to give us the royal, tour aren't.
Speaker 25: You oh, yeah let's do. It, Okay sunday, afternoon and it's probably thirty degrees oh, Stop and, unusually, unusually we have a blue sky that's not full of chemtrails or contrails as you might like to call.
Speaker 2: THEM i find it. Amusing did you see the one of the states In america has banned chemtrails right, okay which don't exist, anyway it's another. Story, well, YES i have.
Speaker 25: A feeling that maybe they. Do but, yeah because some days it's the, skies well most, days, yeah it's no blue sky here at.
Speaker 10: All it.
Speaker 2: Depends it depends on the atmospheric conditions as to whether or not the ice crystals hang, around or whether they disperse or. Whatever but, anyway it's nice to know that they're somewhere in the world at thirty degrees because it's sure ain't down, here that's for.
Speaker 25: Sure, no it's that time a, year but it's. Cool we've had a very late start to the summer season sort. Of this week is the first week where we've been OVER i don't know twenty, okay so it's. Good everyone's down on their bikes often see.
Speaker 2: BEAUTIFUL i just want to. QUESTION i want to ask you a, question just very, Briefly, mark just on behalf Of, tony because we need to. Know do they have macas over there In slovakia So tony can get his latte with the double shot and half of?
Speaker 25: Sugar, Unfortunately, yeah we've got two of.
Speaker 10: Them, yeah fair.
Speaker 2: ENOUGH i THINK.
Speaker 25: I think they're going to pull out because they're just not. Popular it hasn't worked.
Speaker 2: Yet excellent BECAUSE.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 25: KNOW i think that's JUST i don't. KNOW i think people are a bit more healthy. HERE i see macs drive. THROUGH i go pass here on my way home many times per, day and you never see a car. There it just it's so quiet that. Place it's had a, big big shopping, center kind of like our version Of Fountain. Gate, yep that's my local one place, there but it's just so.
Speaker 3: Quiet mark say that we've got to do. THIS i promise, You, mark don't go. Away we're going to talk to you worthy other. Side it Is Australia. Overnight wherever you are right, Around australia will be joined by the listeners in wa the other side of the. News if you'd like to be part of it, too you can jump on. Board we'll go back To slovakia in just a tick as. Well it Is australia overnight. Morning now this Is Australia Overen eyes With tony, McManus Harvey deagan and the great team there at SIX pr have left. Us Will harvey's left. Us he's been looking up to the program and they are now listeners that join Us Stradia overnight wherever you, are whether you be at SIX pr In, perth THREE A w here In, melbourne we love you the good people at five DOUBLE a And adelaide THE Ace Radio. Network the first voice you hear after this will be that Of Nation Nathan.
Speaker 2: Kosh good morning, everyone.
Speaker 3: That's it SEE i mean a great Ad liver's so assurus if you would like to join. Us for those that don't know in, Wa Nathan kosh is a vet and A quantus, Pilot so we call this Segment pets And. Jets jets And. Pets if you have a question to do with maybe a much love animal in your, family you're more than welcome to join us as. Well just prior to we were talking To mark in Slav where did we get up To? MARK i don't.
Speaker 25: KNOW i think, WELL i had a question about some. Cats, yes go for, IT a very simple. One over here in our water, supply we seem to have a lot of line. Scale, yes so you know our kettle is just? White?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes fast.
Speaker 25: Tarb and shower and all that's. White SHOULD I CAN i give my cats distilled? Water or was it better with filtered?
Speaker 2: Water filtered water would be. Better distilled water sort of gets rid of, everything whereas filtered water just gets through to fill those excess. Minerals so, YEAH i think if you've got a water filter at, home then just use the filtered water for your cats for.
Speaker 3: Sure YEAH i don't.
Speaker 25: Have, one BUT i want to buy, one BUT i probably good for the liver and you, know their internals if you don't run that stuff through their tiny little.
Speaker 2: Organs, yeah well that's, Right AND i think you still want some bits and pieces in the. Water and there are other minerals and things that we have in our water as, well but not when it's got that much calcium presumably in the water over. There if you can reduce some of, that well that would be a good, thing and must be very annoying when you've got your bathtub caked in, it and your kettles and all the rest of.
Speaker 25: It never an it's never any clean, Jobs so more and more chemicals into the the, DRAINAGE i guess where everyone's. Cleaning is there rather any other liquids and things that you should you could recommend that you give the cat for a, healthy longer.
Speaker 2: Life, no water is, fine the whole thing with, MILK i, mean there is if you think about. It in the, wild there is no cat that drinks cow's. Milk there is nothing that drinks cow's milk except, calves and it's just become a thing, that you, know humans drink cow's, milk but there's absolutely nothing required in. It and of course around the dairies when the cat's there to keep the mice away in that type of thing that you just pull a bit of milk out of the vat and give it to the cat and that's. Okay some are lactose, intolerant and there are pet milks that are out there that are lactose free and that kind of, thing but there's nothing magical in. Them and in, fact we are the only species that drink milk after. Weaning every other species the young drinks milk they become, weaned and then they never touch it. Again so no water is as good as anything. Else there's no other other magic, liquids and there should always be free access to. Water cats are essentially desert, animals so they are very good at conserving their body, water so you'll find they don't drink heaps and heaps like dogs of, course and so but they should always just have a bowl of clean fresh water available if they feel.
Speaker 25: Thirsty it does, seem you, know on a super hot, day they really don't drink. Much as she, SAYS i keep putting the bottle right where they're sleeping out under the, tree and they don't touch. It they're. Happy that's what about, Eggs chicken. Eggs chicken eggs are, fine, healthy they're.
Speaker 2: Fine the only thing you should do is lightly cook them or cook. Them don't give it to them raw, really because there is a protein in it called, evidence which binds to a vitamin called, biotin and so if you give them raw, eggs they can end up with a bit of a. Deficiency once you cook, it it denatures that. Protein so when you think about, it then egg is basically a building kit for a. Chicken so everything that's there because, that you, know nothing else comes into the egg once it's. Laid so that's the whole the whole product of a. Chicken so it should be all in the right. Proportions it's all very. Good of course for. Us for years they, said oh, no don't need, eggs and now all of a sudden they're back to, saying you, know eggs are, fine that kind of. Thing so, yeah if you're going to give them, eggs don't give it to them. Raw just cook it and then they're fine with. It not a.
Speaker 25: Problem we'll just say that the yoke or the olderman is better.
Speaker 2: Or, no it doesn't matter the. Whole just give him the loight. Load the yolk is the.
Speaker 25: Food would you say once a?
Speaker 2: Week there's nothing magical in. It but if you want to give them one once a, week then that's. Fine why? Not if they like, it, yeah go for, it but cook, it don't give it to them.
Speaker 12: All.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mark we just had a quick question during the. News we were talking about McDonald's McDonald's In slovakia or like they're. Wrong we just had a. Question do they do much promotion? Advertising you, said you go past a couple of, stores you don't see. Activity you, reckon there's only a couple in your.
Speaker 25: Precinct, yeah but, Look i'm totally out of touch with any media here because they don't understand.
Speaker 6: It of, Course.
Speaker 3: So no great marketing that you're aware of for Because i'm just, thinking is the you're an Opportunity mark to grab a couple of the franchises there In.
Speaker 25: Slovakia, YEAH i honestly don't, Know i'm so out of touch with the media here because the sinner just don't understand word of. It i've never learned the. Language been here sixteen years.
Speaker 2: And you haven't. LEARNED i don't know who have you got there that translates for?
Speaker 25: You my work IS i have thirty people working for, me, right but, no just all my life is, business so everything we do is outside Of, slovakia So i've never needed to learn. It it's my. Own i'm sort of a bit, embarrassed BUT i definitely get.
Speaker 2: By that's. IMPRESSIVE i would have thought that you, know at least some of the, basics like you, know bathrooms and bits and, pieces would be handy to. Know you probably can do, that can't you the absolute?
Speaker 25: Basics? Yes but it. Is it's embarrassingly. Low it's a complicated.
Speaker 2: Language so how did you end up over?
Speaker 25: There i've made the biggest mistake in my.
Speaker 3: Life i'm sure that's not, because, yeah.
Speaker 2: You'll be interested to.
Speaker 3: Know the thirtieth anniversary of McDonald's In slovakia has come. Here it opened the first one in ninety. Five banks Be. Streak the original terms.
Speaker 25: It the center of the, city center of the. COUNTRY i can't speak it with.
Speaker 3: The Brattis lav eventually becoming the main focus.
Speaker 25: They're.
Speaker 2: Around and you'll be pleased to know that they just announced a big expansion.
Speaker 25: There, Yes i'll be. Thrilled it's going to be very very small. Outlets you. KNOW i just sort of dotting the round like we Have starbucks, here but they're very very small. Outlets, Okay SO i guess they're just try and, yes very very competitive in the coffee cafes and you, know little eateries and stuff like. That so if McDonald's just a little bit struggle on, you, yes we will take.
Speaker 3: Your word for.
Speaker 2: IT i, mean isn't It isn't it much nicer to go to a nice little cafe somewhere or other that's sort of run by, people you, know rather than the formula that but you and thank.
Speaker 3: You, mark you AND i were talking about during the. News when you look at the training that young people, have, yes at McDonald still's. Worldwide, yes millions of young kids have learned about, Hospitality they've learned about. Systems, yes they've learned about heightened levels of, service the, punctuality, punctuality the things that they get as part of that. Training at fifteen sixteen, seventeen eighteen years of.
Speaker 2: Age, yes true is award winning true and many many a person that's gone on to make a wonderful career. There and in, fact as we discussed, before there was An australian person who went on to become the head of McDonald's, worldwide Mister bell unfortunately no.
Speaker 3: Longer with, us but died as a very young. AGE i think it was only forty four or forty. Five, yes that's passed, away but remember interviewing him. Once he was just, fantastic but no longer with. Us put that aside for a. Moment it just means that those in those sort of businesses you can do remarkable oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Things oh, Yes and people that got in at the ground level and ended up buying various stores have done extraordinarily well for.
Speaker 3: Themselves there's a dear girlfriend who started works In South australia with a couple of Franchise shelley and TWO i think, now but started pretty much just as a young worker in the. Stores, Mary hello to, you and there warrant, Morning, Hi.
Speaker 19: Hi, Hi Hi nathan Please, YES i heard on a THREE w news just gone by that the animal protection people want adoptees for cats and.
Speaker 6: DOGS i have.
Speaker 19: Been trying to adopt a dog for two. Years twelve months AGO i had to put my dog down but wright and now got a pet for myself and for a, partner you, know like a friend for myself THAT i did, have AND i haven't been able to get. One Now i've been to four different animal, shelters Tears, borough Tears, Down cray And boom And Boo. Wood two of them had dogs running around in the pends AND i, said, oh how much is? That oh that one the staff just bought. It there was another one in another, shelter AND i, Said i'd like to purchase that. ONE i know when it's, better because it had a cone on its. Head when it's, better it will be adopted by one of the. Staff Now i've got no, internet no. Line i'm get in touch with me online and they. Won't they won't accept my phone contact. NUMBER i am so so. Annoyed in the, END i said to, them, look as much AS i disagree with backyard, BREEDERS i wish they were still.
Speaker 1: Around.
Speaker 2: Well SADLY i could.
Speaker 19: Pick up The Weekly times and.
Speaker 7: Find it for.
Speaker 19: Myself i'm eighteen years, old whether they're holding me responsible for my age THAT i wouldn't be a good.
Speaker 2: PARENT i would hope that's not the. Case but certainly you sound very with, it And i'm sure that you wouldn't want a pet unless you were going to be able to look after. It what are the options you, Think, well one of the other options is if you have a particular breed in, mind you can Contact you're In, victoria so The Victorian Canine association and they will put you on To every breed has their own, club but it you, know sort of From chiuaha To labrador To Great day to everything in. Between and generally now most of those breed societies have rescue services as, well so you might be able to find a dog, that's you, know for whatever, reason has ended up without a home and they're fostered out in the, meantime and you might be able to go that way rather than go going through one of the actual rescue.
Speaker 3: Services there's a place In. Perth thank you very much for your, Call. Mary there's a place In, Perth Sheddon, Park Bilm shelter AND i did a bit of comparing and hosting and fundraising events for them for many many years a great, place BUT i was always mesmerized where you go there and people, go, oh and you walk past all these beautiful, dogs and, oh that's the one for, Us, Yes and the relationship you have just looking at these dogs through the other side of a age almost.
Speaker 2: Well there's A i can't think of the, name but there's a program On channel ten where they basically do. That they go into shelters and they're finding they're finding owners and matching them with their. Pets and that's a beautiful thing when you go there and for some reason the particular animals takes your fancy and you, know some people say they choose, you don't choose. Them but either way that you end up leaving with hopefully a pet that's going to cat or anything really that's going to give you a lot of joy in your. Life and that's the whole reason we have. Them and if they're going to be a, hassle then you're better off. Without but you, know we get them to enhance our lifestyle and for many lonely, people having a pets just a fantastic, thing having having something living to come home.
Speaker 3: TO i told you we went in board some of That. Magpie, Yes, yes it's fantastic and the Little maggie's now going crazy each and every. Afternoon put that to. Side they also had on display in this THING i think it's just called pet, shop big pet shop store.
Speaker 2: Is what it's, called big yet.
Speaker 3: Massive store until you were said gunfighted in there the first which we. Did so the point of that story is that they were also on that particular weekend they had some cats that were available to yes to home to, home WHICH i thought was a great, idea and there was just these beautiful there's kids there looking at them and playing and touching.
Speaker 2: Them but was just.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, yes to have that sort of system in place at a place like.
Speaker 2: That, yeah you just What i'm always a Little i'm not saying in this particular, situation but always a little bit wary about buying pets from pet. Stores there wasn't a.
Speaker 3: Purchase it was just these. Looks oh, okay they're looking to get rid of.
Speaker 2: Them okay they Were so they were astrays Or australia we.
Speaker 3: Loved let's call them prere.
Speaker 2: Loved, Okay well that's that's a different story because there were for a long time the pet shops that would just order puppies from from the puppy breeders and the other thing that we found in those, situations because the smaller they, are the cuter they, are and the more likely they are to be able to find. Homes and we would get them to vet check when they come straight from the pet. Shop and you can see that the teeth that the baby teeth hadn't even interrupted, yet and they were way too young to take away from the. Mother but because they're small and they're, cute and because the longer that they were kept before they were sent to the stores regular. Money well that's the whole, thing isn't. It, well there ARE i think that's all stopped, now but and and most of the puppy have, disappeared but there are still some a round that really should be closed. Up but, ANYWAY i think you, know just as long as you buy any animal from a reputable, source then hopefully you're going to have a fabulous pet that's going to be with you for many.
Speaker 3: Years if you ring through, now you'll get on straight, away come and join us one double three six nine three anything to do with our pets and or jet, sword just general conversation as we do on A monday When Nathan, kosh she's here in the studio with us one double three six nine. Three I'm tony McManus For Australia. Overnight let's ask the audience BECAUSE i saw this in the paper of the. Weekend was a cracking and we had to think about it for about ninety seconds and eventually arrived at. It but it was a trick. Question it was a lovely. Question what IS i got?
Speaker 2: It you've got, IT i got, it But i'm not no.
Speaker 3: Day, yeah what is in THE afl? Competition what's the one, side the only side that has a nickname that does an end with the LETTER. S think about that for a moment and then go and make yourself a. Capetee silvano In, Clyde good, morning.
Speaker 26: Cup of, tea just having my first one.
Speaker 2: At.
Speaker 26: Clyde i'm a proper farmer on The Italian marima sheep dog man of The southeast Of.
Speaker 4: Australia oh.
Speaker 2: Fantastic for those that don't, know people may remember there was a wonderful movie With Shane jacobson a few years back called Odd ball.
Speaker 26: A wonderful movie and leading actor possibly one of the most wonderful men on this.
Speaker 2: Planet chain, yes a lovely guy by all. Accounts and it was about a colony of Penguin's Warnable way that were getting taken by. FOXES i think they were swimming out to this little island and taking the. Penguins and then they came up with the idea that because they're An italian sheep, dog aren't they.
Speaker 26: Posie Born italians like?
Speaker 15: Me?
Speaker 2: Yes there you? Go so do they bark with An australian accent all the?
Speaker 4: Time?
Speaker 26: Mate that's the Trump listen to, me, people people listen to, me and people also meet, me AND i, say get out of. Here you're Not. Italian you look as oddly as they. Come And i'll, say, well does that mean That i'm part of the energy mob in W? A because you, know, YES i am on a remember of the energy mob in W. A but that's another. Story MAY i just get on with a couple of? Points? Yes and MAY i call you?
Speaker 2: Cotchy you can call me whatever you. Like just don't for dinner, NOW.
Speaker 26: I wouldn't do. That make you're welcome for A silvano soprano cafe any time you.
Speaker 2: Want excellently, Good.
Speaker 26: AND i do make the best, ONES i really.
Speaker 2: Do i'll bet you do even better Than.
Speaker 26: Starbucks but Necessary starbucks are a necessary part of this.
Speaker 3: Planet so if you but if you go in a new order, coffee, now what would be your coffee of?
Speaker 26: Choice you mean at my?
Speaker 3: Farm Anywhere you're Thinking i'm gonna have a? Coffee what is it you ask?
Speaker 26: For, well, Look i'm a bit of A italians generally would. Reckon i'm. DISGUSTING i actually If i'm in a cafe with company on, myself.
Speaker 14: Sometimes myself is the best.
Speaker 5: Company we all understand each, other.
Speaker 26: Especially in the early hours when we've had two or three hours. Sleep it's a wonderful clear time of the. Day guys and ladies out. There also in everybody out there, LISTENING i will, go please forgive. Me italians are, latter large latter with. Honey. Honey, WOW i can't stand honey on, Toast honey on toast and. CRUMPETS i have other ITEMS i go, There but, GUYS i go for a large latty with. HONEY i don't know WHY i love honey in any. Liquids, Right so, guys let's just go quick To STARBUCKS us and you know you brought. It it came up early and it's very very, interesting like just about everything goes on in three a W NOW us And. CHINA i was In china. RECENTLY us And. China they can carry on with their theatrical division. GAME i tell You starbucks won. City one enormous city In. CHINA i got told by locals there's six Hundred starbucks in This Like china is bigger than we. Know and there until you get there and you see in the, daytime like landing In New zealand over the west coast of The north Or South, island well Maybe South, island and you go over that mountain range it's on the west, coast and you have to do it in the, Daylight i'll tell you because worth more than. Etiquet and you look down and as you go over the top and you look at the eastern side of those blat mountain, rats you see the braided rivers which are ice.
Speaker 8: Blue.
Speaker 2: Magnificent. Countryside that's a.
Speaker 26: Site that's a. Site i've flown over the Humalayas my family name Is, Travers so that's akin to traveling guys to fly out of that western mountain range on The South island Of New. Zealand it's a miracle in your life. Change it's life changing for the. Better and the, rivers the braided, rivers it's just so. Amazing back To, China news can carry on with their. Division but one city alone THAT i THAT i had frequented in In china six Hundred. Starbucks so you know they do get along behind the, curtain behind the theatrical.
Speaker 2: Curtain oh they. Do and Then i'm sure there's heaps of maccas and all the rest of it going on over there as.
Speaker 26: Well And, China Hay, World china is. Okay just go, there be, yourself don't be smart. Alec china is. Okay the, locals, yes they have problems, internally and you con'try On earth has internal proble. Issues and you.
Speaker 2: Know what they Call chinese food over?
Speaker 6: There please tell me?
Speaker 3: Food did you?
Speaker 26: Say did you?
Speaker 5: Say what is the?
Speaker 8: Food?
Speaker 3: Food so what do they Call chinese food In? China?
Speaker 2: Food?
Speaker 26: LISTEN i get told off as a, farmer AND i do a little bit of outside contracting to keep my life going because you, know things are reasonably, tough but you can still make a go in this. COUNTRY i can tell you Because i've been here seventy years. Plus i'm more In nausy than most. People they can call me whatever they like as a nickname or as in carrying, On where are you?
Speaker 3: From where are you? From, silvanna where'd you grow?
Speaker 5: Up i'm born In.
Speaker 3: Oakley and then with the family, Originate mum.
Speaker 26: And dad come out in fifty one from where from? Where After Northern italy And italy being well smashed in all these planned wars well. Smashed, Yes mum And dad come out in fifty one to help build the, country develop the Country.
Speaker 4: Australia and to grow a.
Speaker 26: Family and guess, What god they've passed away and they were successful in.
Speaker 3: Both well.
Speaker 2: Done now quickly it's.
Speaker 26: Quickly raw, eggs.
Speaker 21: Yes, great you brought that.
Speaker 26: Up and that's cool about the cat and the eggs and new Doctor kochi saying about that, item that protein in the. Egg WHEN i was a, Kid dad AND i used to suck raw.
Speaker 2: Eggs, YEAH i, mean it's it's, different different for. Us and if you don't have too many of, them because you, know we're big and so one egg's not going to sort of suck all the byton out of. Us but when you're talking about a little. Cat then obviously it proportionally it's much it's much. Greater so we just need to be a little bit. Careful you just like to cook. Them you don't have to hard boil them or. Anything but if you just sort of whack them on the pan or likely boil, them as long as you just sort of denature that, protein then you're not going to have any problems with the raw. Eggs, look the occasional one won't do any. Harm but if you want to give and give it to them, regularly then it must much better to be.
Speaker 3: Cooked it's great.
Speaker 2: Cooling and you're very you're very awake for this hour of the.
Speaker 3: Morning, sylvana y awake. Out made some beautiful eggs yesterday for breakfast for a few people came in for a.
Speaker 2: Brunch where do you get your? Eggs are they store? Water?
Speaker 3: Secret they came from that particular. Bunch came from a beautiful butcher's.
Speaker 2: Shop oh, yes SO i drove out there.
Speaker 3: To The turdan butcher's shop on A saturday. Morning you cannot move in the. Place and they were, gorgeous, excellent and they've got that lovely color in. Them, yes there's almost a bit more. Sunshine, yes, yeah does it makes?
Speaker 2: Sense, well because they, well they put all sorts of supplements into commercial eggs in order to change the color of the yolk and that type of. Thing, so, OKAY i didn't tell you, anything, now can we we just rewind for a little. Moment, See i'll change the. TOPICS i won't upset. YOU i don't upset. You mary rang earlier about where she can get a, dog AND i suggest that The Victorian Canine, association which is now Called Dog's. Victoria and if you're still, Listening, mary because you said you don't have access to the, internet their phone number is nine seven double eight two five double. Zero so nine seven double eight two five double. Zero and AS i, say if you have a particular breed that you have in, mind then they'll put you onto The Breed society and hopefully they'll be able to put you in touch with their rescue division and you might be able to find yourself the little doggie that you dearly want to.
Speaker 3: Have but if you missed that, number if you ring back, jail pass that number on to. YOU i asked the, question which of THE afl sides has a nick name that doesn't end with the LETTER S s For SIERRA s For. Sierra did you get?
Speaker 2: IT i THINK i?
Speaker 3: Did, okay hashtag discuss the other side of THIS v eight engines that vight injured electric motor and electric motor producing five hundred and seventy five killer ons. Madness, well, yes, probably but what a lot of. Fun have a listen to this zero to the OLD v eights but zero to one hundred just over three, seconds a big.
Speaker 2: Two point six ton. Car and we are talking about The Bentley?
Speaker 3: Bentley is it a spur of now that you've got me thinking about? That was it The bentley?
Speaker 2: Spur i'm not, sure But Jeremy clarkson's written an article about about The bentley.
Speaker 3: Was in The australian magazine of the. Weekend debbie In, Ashwood good, Morning, debbie Manny, hei we're really. Well say hello To Nathan.
Speaker 13: Kosh Hello, Debbie Hi Naan i'm won the electric colored sure dogleg no, diet.
Speaker 2: No no, collars no, no they they were around. There they're definitely. Legal now if you have issues with barking dogs and, things there are citronella. Collars they have a little charge of, citronella which is a citrus obviously based odor and when it barks that these things give a little squirt and the idea is to put the dog, off the off the. Barking but, no the shock collars definitely definitely. Illegal i'm sure probably through the black. Market they can be, purchased but, no there's no benefit to, them and They're, yeah it's it's correct that they should be banned because there's nothing good about. Them, YES.
Speaker 19: I, know twins, them come.
Speaker 2: Them, yes you tell them that they are illegal and they shouldn't use them because you know they're not good for the. Dog and, yeah we've got we've got different things and better. Things we don't need to be cruel like zapping with a with a shot of. Electricity so, no tell, them tell them the right. Thing you're telling them the right, Thing.
Speaker 3: Debbie Thanks Pleasure, derby and thank you for ringing. Through it's interesting that people would still consider that as an.
Speaker 2: Option, look there's all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff out, there but, no that's that's one that needs to be confined to the annals of.
Speaker 3: History thank you to the six point million people have run. Through The only team that has a nickname a F l, TEAM a nickname that doesn't end in. S, yes power the. Power all the rest have.
Speaker 2: Eagles docors de, demons. Bluestmers look at look at all the text and emails and.
Speaker 3: Things we'll get to, these. Sime, HELLO.
Speaker 18: I, say when more on the. Farm they bought these, twos, yes and no one brought up on.
Speaker 2: Carfeterials so you've got a muffled line, Tonight. Simon what was they were brought up on?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 2: Sorry, yes, yes that. Was they're they're the sort of how do we describe. Them there's stalls or there's barriers where there's a set of sort of nipples across, them and then you just sort of fill up a tank with with the milk substitute and then the calves just feed off. Them is that?
Speaker 21: Right, yeah that's.
Speaker 18: Correct and when those dad brought those to AND I a and one was sucking on one like.
Speaker 2: Calves sorry miss missed the last bit, again so.
Speaker 3: Sorry so it's just if you're to hear you at the moment we get your hand over your, speaker.
Speaker 18: Or one one was sucking the other one one like.
Speaker 2: Calves one was sucking what it just missed.
Speaker 21: It the other one was the other.
Speaker 2: One that's no. Good i'm not going to get much out of A. Heffer it hasn't had a carf. Yet it's going to be a pretty dry. Argument, yes and HERE i.
Speaker 18: Am so they got that.
Speaker 6: One, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Taken identity, Obviously, simon equally importantly bring us up to date any. News, yes, No, See tony got all, Excited simon when you said yes and his is picked. Up and Then, Simon, simon give the audience. SOMETHING i don't. Care it's the audience that's.
Speaker 18: Interested i'm just telling you he's not far not far.
Speaker 3: Away and so have you announced the date yet for the? Nuptials, yes, okay this has been going for eighteen.
Speaker 2: Months you're Driving tony. Crazy you know, That. Simon we want to all go back to the.
Speaker 3: Airport that's, right that's WHAT i. Do good on your side and keep it. Going good on Your robin In, frenchton good, morning.
Speaker 8: Good, Morning Hello.
Speaker 15: Robin.
Speaker 27: Hello i've got a four month old kitten and for the past week or, two every, morning two through four o'clock in the, morning she's coming in and biting my face and licking and just, yeah and short of locking her, OUT i don't really want to do that because she's a.
Speaker 19: Baby why is she doing a?
Speaker 4: Fuck she's doing it.
Speaker 19: Now she's.
Speaker 2: Cats cats are, nocturnal so it is it is quite normal cat behavior for her to be active at. Night and obviously she'd like to play and she wants some, attention so she's coming up and waking you up and grabbing. Attention SO i, think, look it's it's okay for you to leave her locked out of your. Room obviously you've got to. Sleep as long as she's got her nice bed somewhere or, other that she's going to be, sleeping and she'll get used to the idea that she can't bother you in the middle of the, night and hopefully you can try keeping her out for a while and then she'll get the idea and then you can try letting her back in and see if she just sort of hops onto the end of the bed and curls up and sleeps with. You but she's just displaying a normal. Behavior but in our in our with our, lifestyles obviously it's not a not a desirable behavior because you, want you want to, sleep and, yeah she's just doing what cats. Do they're up at. Night that's why they have the big eyes that they have so that they can gather as much light as they, can and then they go hunting in the middle of the. Night and she's wanting to do some. Hunting it's just part of her, instinct and so she's coming in annoying. You so, YEAH i just leave, it leave her locked out for a while and see if you can break that. Habit and so she leaves you alone during the.
Speaker 27: Night, Okay, well good, luck.
Speaker 2: Thank, you no, problem Pleasure, Robin well don't You.
Speaker 3: Rob if you'd like to join the, program you can jump on board double three six nine. Three you get through straight. Away for all those people to sending text through emails emails a beg your pardon overnights or would like to send an email overnights at threeaw dot com dot au and the text line as a full mentioned zero four double seven six nine three six nine. Three oh that was, it thank? You oh, right, Excellent. JAY i thought you were going to do something. Exciting. Man, really the first voice you hear when you ring through is that of j who sounds like, this good.
Speaker 2: Morning come, on don't you don't talk like? That no, talk come, on breakfast.
Speaker 3: Time, yes there you. Go that's What i'm thinking CAN i turn you? Back could you Asked? Nathan when you're, flying you can imagine it would be a concern for. Men, yeah but you're flying around and then you're told her you, understand or how would you know if there was a sick animal on?
Speaker 2: Board, yes, well we can't get into the cargo, hole so we have no access to. That so if anything's, happening we do certainly carry a whole lot of, animals BUT i can't get in to the cargo. Hold but CERTAINLY i have a couple of. Time, well actually once in the, terminal and once had a look on an aeroplane dealing with some guide, dogs and ONE i just sort of had a torn dew, claw SO i put a little bandage on its foot and the worn dew claw which is like the claw that sits up a little bit higher than the, others and it got caught and the actual nail had come, off SO i just sort of pulled that off and popped a little bandage. On and so it was cabin.
Speaker 3: Crew is there revet in the. House, oh as a matter of, fact.
Speaker 2: Well, no its in the. Terminal and one of our eagle eyed customer service managers actually had a look and, thought, oh that dog's toe looks a bit. Funny and then she saw that the nail was. Crooked AND i was flying with her and she, said come and have a look, this and so we did. That so THERE i am in the error bridge because the dog was coming with us on the, flight and the owner was, there and THERE i am on my hands and knee sort of putting a bandage on this dog's, foot and the cleaners are coming past and having a look and going what is going on? Here they had no, idea but, anyway all was well in the. End and early on in the piece we had a guide dog going To hawaii and the owner was. Concerned and so the customer service manager came, up didn't know my background and, said, oh what are we going to? Do this person's concerned about their guide. Dog AND i, said and have a. Look and she looked at me as if you, idiot what would you? Know and THEN i told him my, background and all of a sudden there was a big, smile and OFF i went and had a chat to the owner about their guide.
Speaker 3: Dog oh. Gorgeous, WELL i knew lots of texts coming. In we appreciate the text, light which is. Fantasy if you send me a little, note you can do. That zero four double seven six nine three six nine three do you feel do you believe As maggie does others animals often choose their.
Speaker 2: Owner look it seems that. Way there are obviously certain personalities that are attuned to each. Other and they say, that you, know pets look like their, owners and sometimes it's actually quite hysterical that the pets do look very much like their. Owners BUT i think it's a mutual. Decision and obviously you would be attracted to a particular type of breed for a, start if you're looking at, breeds or even if, not you know your big, dog a small, dog a long haired, dog you, know a short coated. Dog and then sometimes there's just certain personalities that just seem to gel and you just get that bond and it's a great.
Speaker 3: THING i had a lovely note from Doctor Tony vigano In wa Who Doctor tony for a long long time was a regularly contribute on six pr In perth is a, vet but he's in semi retime of these. DAYS i think he still does a bit on the weekend for cash for, cash oh very, much know how that works WITH i think he does a bit on A Saturday sunday night these, days just when he gets a spare moment to do, it and loves. It but he's been just semi. Retired he says he's in semi, retirement WHICH i Knowing, tony it's never going to be the. Case BUT i, said one, morning when you're he because his father was also a, pilot there you go for a long. Time it's served as you can, imagine so they've got that. Connection SO i, thought, well one, morning when you're, here we'll Get tony to come on and maybe take a few calls from Our perth listeners as. Well you'd be here and wind be a nice synergy to have on the program for. Sure Dr tony's. Begun you'd really like. Him great, bloke, okay wonderful fellow like. Me, no, well and in, fairness sun your, Praises oh thank, you that's very, kind AS i would interesting to have a look at the. Headlines it's all about the world. Markets so given everything that's happening in the, world so the papers are coming in nice and, early but the world markets and what this conflict can lead to possibly is it a bad. Oil is that part of the. EQUATION i, mean.
Speaker 2: It's JUST i don't think there's any simple answer to these. Things there's lots of, history and there's lots of current stuff going on in the. Background BUT i, think you, know when it comes to The, west then oil's obviously a very big driver because we need. Oil and remember back many moons ago there was an oil embargo and they weren't shipping oil out of The Middle, east and, yeah we struggled and we had rationing of petrol and all that kind of. Stuff so we are still very much dependent on, oil perhaps not quite so much now with all the electric cars and hybrids and, things but we need, it so we need a supply of, it and it looks like it might be threatened a little bit at the.
Speaker 3: Moment the front page of Finn review talks About israeli fighter jets bobbing Tem, ran take It I rany and fuel, depots while The Islamic republic launch hundreds of ballistic missiles At Tel aviv into the weekend as, well driving fears wide and in conflictable and oil prices soaring and Inflation highers.
Speaker 2: Who are by, Difference, no there are no winners and.
Speaker 3: Elbow of, course we'll push back her demands For australian to boost its defense. Budget meeting With President Donald trump sometime this. Week so the government has not only increased spending but also provides great basis to The. Americans so that will be a talking.
Speaker 2: Point, yes most interesting and ironically when they're talking about increasing the spending and yet there was a story going around that they revisiting The orchest project and they may cut it back or even can it all. Together so there's a whole heap of spending and that what's going to happen that we're not going to be able.
Speaker 3: To there's a lot of, discussion, yes have in the next in the coming, days so we will do. This back the other, Side i'm, thinking let's Go charriots of Fire jay five four.
Speaker 2: Three, oh he's done.
Speaker 3: It my goodness is? Good look at?
Speaker 2: That doesn't he know it tight as fishes? Yet and that's?
Speaker 3: Water tell my, goodness it's lovely to see. You you can go home and have a.
Speaker 2: Snooze io to thank you for having me once again more and thank you for everybody for calling in and.
Speaker 3: Listening do you wheels up at some point this?
Speaker 2: Week yes On. Tuesday got a long trip actually through the whole. Week well good end up here there and all.
Speaker 3: Over the, place so we might see You sunday Night monday, morning and thank you for coming. In the audience loves it when you're here to help. Them we will do open line The Chicken man's coming Up cereal on the. Way it's all part Of australia. Overnight good, morning