Speaker 1: Kevin Trask's Time Tunnel. The Blind Factory's birthday sale is on big Savings Call one three Blinds or head to the Blind Factory dot com dot au. Before it ends, it's time to go back and remember the people, events and music to the soundtrack of our.
Speaker 2: Lives with Trasks Time Tunnels.
Speaker 3: Okay, the time tunnel has been entered, it has been opened. The stone has been rolled back, Kevin, and we're going back to the year I changed the style of underwear I wore.
Speaker 4: Oh, so that's you did.
Speaker 3: I did that particularly year in nineteen eighty yep. Up until that that particularly years, just by chance, I remember, I was wearing the sort of more old fashioned modesty started to go underwent.
Speaker 4: The jocks you were. I got into the jock you became a jocks boy.
Speaker 3: And I've had before I just said the sort of larger sort of modesty flap sort of arrangement. Anyway, the year was nineteen eighty.
Speaker 5: And when we do next to nineteen ninety six, that's when he changed to the G string that he currently wears.
Speaker 4: Nineteen eighty. Yes, we're talking about the passing of May West. Its blank looks on both faces.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, of may West.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Well, you know, come up and see me sometime. Yeah, well she was, she was a huge star.
Speaker 4: Weren't there rumors that she was actually male? I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I thought there were rumors.
Speaker 4: I've never heard that rumor. Oh haven't you No, No, maybe.
Speaker 5: It's someone else, probably couldn't be. Yeah, I'll shut up now. Sorry.
Speaker 3: I've had a rumor though, that Kevin was one of her paramours, if only briefly.
Speaker 4: Me and carry Grant, carry Grant.
Speaker 3: You and carry grand are paramore.
Speaker 4: No, No, Jane, Jane j May West. May West got Kerry Grant into films, as she did for me too. But mine finished up on the cutting floor.
Speaker 3: It didn't come up, it didn't measure up, I think. Was what may said.
Speaker 4: That's what she is, exactly what she said. She was a writer, she was a comedian, she was she was someone that was sort of stepping over the mark all the time with censorship. She said, censorship, censorship I made a fortune out of it. Was exactly what she did do. And so she was the Kyle Sandylands of her day when in a way, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: Push pushing against the the.
Speaker 3: Norms of society, that's what I was looking for and three words.
Speaker 4: She was after the role of Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard in the film, but she knocked it back. I'm glad she did, because I don't think it'll worked with Ma West.
Speaker 3: I would have not laughing at that last scene and her sash down the stairs like no, she.
Speaker 4: Couldn't yes with the gowns and everything. Now, I don't think it quite worked. She passed away in her sleep at the age of eighty seven, and she had a pretty good career throughout her entire life. I'm I liked May and May May West have you a lot of trouble with the.
Speaker 3: Old memories still burned deeper up the trusk.
Speaker 5: There's only one syllable in each of her names.
Speaker 6: History. It's the history he had the emotion this is.
Speaker 3: This is tough for Kevin.
Speaker 4: Let's catch the song boys?
Speaker 6: Who was it?
Speaker 3: And May west On?
Speaker 7: So you like Ondine, make that lot down music, trickle ump your spine, baby, I can.
Speaker 3: Warm you with his.
Speaker 7: Love arm mine. I'm no angel. I'll let me feel your fingers running through my head. I can give you kisses till you walk on. Love me, honey, love me till I just don't care. I no, Angel, I'll thank your blues. Stop down your troubles working with us deady wrong. Here's your donation.
Speaker 4: Take my affection.
Speaker 7: You're on the ways in all, let me have you all before the night is gone. Come on flank this giant so we can carry on. I can make it a have.
Speaker 8: Norway.
Speaker 7: Angel.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good, It's different, isn't it great style? Yes, I'm not a huge big voice, but she gets it across.
Speaker 4: She certainly does just very quickly.
Speaker 5: And we don't sort of do newsy stuff normally on this show, and we're not going to break that tradition. But I will point out be listening for the news at eleven because currently the US Defense Secretary is up giving a big speech about Operation Midnight Amma that happened with the US.
Speaker 3: So there's much to do in the Middle East at the moment.
Speaker 5: Once once again, Yes, so he's talking about that now, so there'll be no doubt updates in the news at eleven.
Speaker 3: Quick quiz time, Kevin.
Speaker 4: It is too. I just before we do that, I mentioned the Sinatra Society and meeting on Tuesday night at the Clayton Arras who Frank Sinatra's concert the Americas. It'll be a great night, So this coming Tuesday Night for the Sinatra Society. Now the Quick Quiz. In nineteen eighty, the Logi Awards were held at the Hilton Hotel in Melbourne and hosted by Bert Newton. There were special appearances by overseas stars. Which of the following was not a guest star at the nineteen eighty Logies. Was it a John Inman, B Dolly Parton, C, Michael York or d Silla Black? One of those is not?
Speaker 3: The three out of the four were the nineteen eighty.
Speaker 4: Correct, And that's John Man, Dolly Parton, Michael York or Silla Black. All right, just.
Speaker 3: To explain who John Inman is? Do you remember?
Speaker 4: Are you being certain?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: I know that he was very big in night.
Speaker 9: I would just said I would say he would have been here because he did a series down under.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to take a punt and say he was here Dolly Parton, I think so. I actually don't know who Michael York is. Is he a mate of yours?
Speaker 4: From the pub? He was in Cabaret. He was one of the leads with Liza Minelli in the film Cabaret. I think it's German. Was he something?
Speaker 3: No, it was English English. I'm not sure about that. Well, I'm going to go Michael Yorke, I'm going to say Dolly Parton wasn't here, and wasn't it the logis? Ben?
Speaker 10: I think it might be Silla Black.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, because.
Speaker 11: I don't remember Silla Black going to the logos. I'm not saying she didn't, but I just don't remember.
Speaker 4: You don't remember her doing that fifteen years before you were born?
Speaker 10: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we are, here's the rap, because we're going to get the pace up. Yes, yes, yes, John Inman, are you being served? Yes? He was there, Michael York Cabaret, Yes he was there, Ben, and Andrew Cilla Black, Yes, she was there. Andrew's right, and Andrew, congratulations because Dolly Parton was nowhere near the Hilton Hotel in Melbourne in nineteen eighty. Yes, yes, yes, I thought that's the first one you've ever got, right, I think?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, oh no, we can go back over the tapes. I'll send them round to you. Oh, thank you, I'll deliver them tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You have got nothing to do tomorrow to them all day.
Speaker 10: He's got a shelf full of them.
Speaker 11: He keeps keeps all these wins every single week.
Speaker 5: Well, and that makes sense. It would be Dolly because if Bert was hosting, Paddy wouldn't have let Dolly anywhere near him. All right, let's move on then to what was happening at that time in films of nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 4: Great year for films. The Empire strikes Strikes Back nine to five, Elephant Man, Ordinary People and the best picture went to ordinary People as well. But here in Australia, Break a Mornt was the big one. This was based on the story of the Ball War and what a cast Edward would would Yeah, why are you saying it? That's what his name sounds like if you take all the ds out. Okay, he was in it. Jack Thompson, Brian Brown, bud tingwore and John Ward is in a strong cast.
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 4: I think you were actually one of the best Australian films ever made. I think one day a lot of people don't like Australian films. Did you know that, Andrew?
Speaker 3: Yes, you're looking at one right now.
Speaker 4: Well, have you ever want to break him around.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't seen it. To my shame, I have not.
Speaker 4: It's a magnificent film. We'll have to we'll have to have a night where we all get together and watch it. I think, yes, we'll do that.
Speaker 5: A Thursday is good for you guys.
Speaker 3: Those underpants to try on. I can read the room.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: It won ten awards at the AFI Awards, and it is playing regularly. I think on World Movies, SBS World Movies they played from time to time. But I will never forget the AFI Awards. They brought in a pipe band and they are playing that Soldiers of the Queen around on them and it was marvelous. But here's the song and it was actually recorded by.
Speaker 3: Edward Would Would Would would woo woo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it break Brett.
Speaker 8: It's the Soldius of the Queen.
Speaker 2: My Ladscoopy, my lads group scenes.
Speaker 8: In the fight for Engloon's glory is that of its worldwide glory. Let us see and when we say we all always want.
Speaker 3: And when they asked us.
Speaker 1: All it's done.
Speaker 8: We'll proudly point to everyone of England, Soldiers.
Speaker 4: Of the There we are a bit of Edward Woodwood singing. Soldiers of the Queen. My dad had the pleasure of arresting Edward Woodwood.
Speaker 6: There's a story for it.
Speaker 4: Your father arrested Edward He and a bunch of others.
Speaker 5: He was I think it was in his days in the UK, because Dad's English. He was a bobby over there. And yeah, Edward would I can't remember what the charge was, a drunken disorderly or something like that, but he was.
Speaker 6: Rather full of himself.
Speaker 4: He pulled the old do you know who I am?
Speaker 6: Thing? Yes, yeah, and they didn't care. They just arrested him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we move on though. Films of nine in eighty. We're talking about this is the year of the time Tunnel this week and this movie was quite understand. Barroom Buddies. What's that all about?
Speaker 4: Well, the song is Barroom Buddies and it comes from a film called Bronco Billy and Bronco Billy starred Clint Eastwood and Sondra Lockey, directed by Eastwood. He directed it. And do you remember Moule Haggard.
Speaker 3: Oh, the country singer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a big country singer. He had heaps and heaps of hits, none of them were really hit popular in Australia. But overseas in America he was huge. So we've got this film where Clint Eastwood's playing a someone in a wild West shot is throwing knives, actually ocupation.
Speaker 6: Throw the doves.
Speaker 4: But they got into the bar, him and Miele Hagen, and they're sitting at the bar and they've seen this song in the middle of the film called bayroom Buddies, And so it's clear Eastwood having a good time with Muele. Hangout it. Hey, I wanna sing till the felan gets right. Let's harmonize, will be dynamite. I told a little high notes and done it for years. A deal, old buddy, and all four of the biers. There's always some lady alone at the barn.
Speaker 3: And you always let her know just who you are.
Speaker 2: I know a couple gals, and we can call down there, shake the picture right.
Speaker 4: Off and the wall. We're ballroom buddies.
Speaker 7: And that's the best.
Speaker 5: Kite nobody foods with a buddy of mine.
Speaker 4: I laugh when you're happy, and I cried when you're blue. We're barroom buddies.
Speaker 8: And where do we fine?
Speaker 3: So call me another.
Speaker 4: We got nothing but time.
Speaker 8: Old chuck, A lug of lugging barroom buddy of mine.
Speaker 3: What a great It's good fun. So you've never heard that before.
Speaker 4: Clint loved it. Kid. He plays piano and he did a bit singing. He sing in Painter Your Wagon. I talked to the Truth.
Speaker 6: Yes he did soon, but that wasn't good. I think this was.
Speaker 4: It was quite good. Yeah, but I think he's having a bit of fun there with Merlon.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Merle passed away a few years ago, but Clint's still going strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah into his nineties. Nineties.
Speaker 6: Fabulous, Yeah, yeah, incredible.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll come back with more in Trasks Time tunnel The shows, the television, the Mystery Voice who Died and some of the popular songs all ahead in Trasks Time Tuntle nineteen eighty and Trasks Time Tunneled. Kevin, what were the shows of nineteen eighty.
Speaker 4: Well, we shined the spotlight on the Unmasked tour of nineteen eighty. Andrew looks a.
Speaker 3: Little bit puzzled, y, Yeah, it just be confused.
Speaker 4: This is Kiss.
Speaker 3: Oh all right. Never a Kiss fan, but no, they were huge that year.
Speaker 4: They were at at Waverley Park and I was out there with my children, Andrew and Natalie and they were fans, and I didn't know what to expect. But since I got in there and I saw the stage with speakers up into the clouds and these people come out with all this makeup on, I thought, I don't think I'm gonna like this. So when it started, it was deafening, and my children are going, yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: A fat, great dadat.
Speaker 4: Time, and I got down under the seat and I got as much paper as I could possibly get to shove in my ears. So I blocked the sound up with that with the paper, and I was able to survive the show. But those years have gone by. I don't mind kiss No. I like Shandy. I think was my favorite song of their.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I tell your Gene Simmons is one of the cleverest businessmen in the world of music I've ever known.
Speaker 4: Did you meet him?
Speaker 3: No, I've never met him, but I've just seen an interview with him, and he is one switched on dude. Ben, You do you agree with me, like he's.
Speaker 4: Just frighteningly intelligent.
Speaker 11: Because there are some people like that you would never particularly with Gene Simmons. Do you think, oh, he's a bit of a rocker. He's got an idiot. An idiot, no, not intelligent.
Speaker 4: You had to have a long tongue to be enkissed, didn't he? Well, it was that was Gene Simmons.
Speaker 5: I don't know about the others as such, but but we were we were doing Nightline one night and as some publicist I can't even remember who it was, Rangus and he was at a function with Gene Simmons and he said, I've got Gene Simmons here.
Speaker 6: Do you want to chat to him?
Speaker 4: So I said to Bruce and Phil do you want to chat to Geene Simmons from Kiss?
Speaker 6: And Bruce of course has gone yeah, put him on Jeane.
Speaker 4: They're good to have a chat. What have you been up to?
Speaker 5: Well, Bruce, I've been looking into the political dealings that have been going on. And it starts on with this very ABC type discussion Bruce.
Speaker 4: And Philer thego I have no idea what he's talking about. It was wondering did you have a copley of that?
Speaker 5: I don't think it was in the days before I used to archive everything, so I don't want to do It'll probably be in the highlights reel of Nightline for that night. Yeah, so I'll have the highlights reel, but I've got thousands of them and just haven't got the time to archive them all.
Speaker 4: Well, that would be an absolute ripper. I'll find it eventually. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder what.
Speaker 4: The neighbors would have thought out there at Waverley Park. And maybe you might have been able to hear the concert at three aw if you opened the window, because it was pretty loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I see the AFL have bought AFL Park, Waverley Park. Do you see that in the paper the other day? They Yeah, I've actually bought it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So now we're going to hear the Kiss with the Opening on stage at Waverley Park in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 13: No, you wanted that's bad in the world, they're not.
Speaker 3: I want to see the door ride.
Speaker 2: Fielder Mars something that not you wise, and.
Speaker 3: We're going to make it all come true. This girl you are made for me, A girl I was made for you.
Speaker 11: They're not.
Speaker 3: I was good.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, Kevin. I wasn't really a fan at the time.
Speaker 6: But they really grew up. I'm years mind the fabulous, But I just.
Speaker 4: Take this paper out of my ear.
Speaker 3: Right television in nineteen eighty Kevin.
Speaker 4: Yes, television in nineteen eighty we had things like Faulty Towers, soap Dallas. Dallas was big, wasn't it. I never watched it.
Speaker 3: I not thing I did because I was working at Nights of three out w YEA during its most A lot of a drum.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was the one with Blarry Hagman.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I still don't know who shot Jr. One of the famous episodes of television.
Speaker 4: Kristian Shepherd. Christian Shepherd just comes to mind for me, spoilers out of nowhere. I just plucked that. Did you notice, sand Andrew?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very well done. That's why they keep using you here.
Speaker 4: And The Sullivans of course was on and we had Paul Cronin dear Paul as a co host here on Nightline and remember when yeah, so many many years, but he was terrific as Dave Sullivan in The Sullivans. Here's a little bit of an interview with Ian Maurice the Bear up on four BC in Brisbane talking to Paul Crowning about The Sullivans.
Speaker 5: When you were when you were studying the role, after I said, yeah, you got the job, did you study anyone in particular?
Speaker 4: I mean, what do you mean me? What a silly question? No, it's not.
Speaker 12: It's a very good question because I've modeled Dave Sullan and my father.
Speaker 4: Oh did you He was exactly the.
Speaker 12: Same type of bloke that the script called for. We've all got a couple of pages of this is your character.
Speaker 3: And Dave was a.
Speaker 12: Father, I forget what a was probably forty, and he's got four children, he's got a wife, Grace, and he's he's a Protestant, she's a Catholic. They married behind the order whatever that means. We think we know what that means. And it's three days before World War two broke out, and we're listening to Menzines making new speech. Prior to his speech was the speech by Churchill. We work and then we worked, camped around the little wireless in those days as a family listening to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big show.
Speaker 4: I never missed it, never said yeah, and lovely to hear Paul's voice.
Speaker 6: It is he is a lovely, lovely man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then of course Grace caught the plane and she died, didn't she remember, I think, Grace Sullivan, Yes, she perished a plane crash, Yes she did, all right, mystery voice time.
Speaker 6: Yes, after the break, we'll do the mystery. We look forward to taking your call.
Speaker 4: Well, it just gives us time to set it all up because if we if we.
Speaker 5: Knock it off in two minutes five, but if it goes ten minutes, we're going to be sandwiched.
Speaker 6: Up to news. So it's just a formatic all right.
Speaker 5: So I'd like to squeeze a break in here a mystery voice. We get your mobiles ready because we want you to text us after the break.
Speaker 3: Fourteen to eleven. The time tunnel will remember when this is the tricky part, Simon.
Speaker 5: It is the mystery voice. Kevin Trask is about to play us a mystery voice. Then we're going to guess who it is, and we invite you to do the same by texting your answer. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three is the number when you think you know who it is. Ben has hidden them from our view so we can't cheat. And Kevin, do we have a clue.
Speaker 4: Well, the clue is it's not a song tonight. I'm talking to someone interviewing someone who is the person I'm talking to, So everybody, I'll have to listen very closely to this and work out who it is. Who is the mystery voice? Why did you pick Astray?
Speaker 14: It's a long way from Broadways off Broadway as we know and now, but also.
Speaker 3: The freedom here, you know, on the road.
Speaker 14: My road to making this musical was it was quite a tough one because there's so many gatekeepers that want to do it their way or they don't want to do it at all. So in the end I kind of decided to do it myself and this is why. And I found that Melbourne was great and it was open, it was positive, and when I toured here in twenty ten, I just felt, wow, this this is a great city. And I thought, well, Sydney is a good city too, but I mean Melbourne was really good for me and I felt this is the place.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is new. And never had an interview as a mystery voice before, not in my time.
Speaker 6: No, we don't do very often. So what sort of accent is that?
Speaker 3: Living old? Was English? It's British? But where where from?
Speaker 4: It's got to live a puddle and twang into my year? I think, would that be right? I'm not sure on that question.
Speaker 3: Where he came from? He's been here in twenty ten, and toured here. Then he mentions, and he's come back later on. I've got no idea ben at all anything.
Speaker 10: Are they a promoter or are they an actor?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Here we go, very very good. A promoter or an actor neither, okay.
Speaker 5: So a singer, yes, on stage musicals as were like theater or concerts concerts?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 10: Were they born in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 4: No, he's around in nineteen eighty and very popular.
Speaker 3: Still with us today.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, ringo not ringo.
Speaker 3: That is that liver noidal sound of liver pods.
Speaker 4: Nothing nothing to do with the Beatles.
Speaker 6: Okay. I just had to get that out because it's it was clogging up my head from the.
Speaker 4: You're in release mode. You'll probably come.
Speaker 6: Up with the answer, okay.
Speaker 3: Well known for TV appearances more than no, not well known for live concerts, recordings, recordings English singers.
Speaker 10: Would it be someone like Tom Jones?
Speaker 3: Oh no, not we.
Speaker 4: Sort of sort of Ron Stewart, No no, no, you're on the track though, Desert Colla, not dere's O'Connor. Oh my mate, what's his what's his name? The Max bi Graves, not back Max Biograves. I think we should play it again and have a quick listen to this voice. All right, why did you pick Australia.
Speaker 14: It's it's a long way from Broadway's off Broadway, as we know, and but also there's a freedom here, you know, on the road. My road to make in this musical was it was quite a tough one because there's so many gatekeepers that want to do it their way or they don't want to do it at all. So in the end, I kind of I decided to do it myself and this is why. And I found that Melbourne was great and it was open, it was positive, and when I toured here in twenty ten, I just felt, wow, this this is a great city. And I thought, well, Sydney is a good city too, but I mean Melbourne was really good for me and I felt this is the place.
Speaker 6: Did you say still with us?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, So it rules out David Bowie, Mick Jagger, not Mick.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Mick, what's a little sneer doesn't hurt you?
Speaker 10: What's the musical he's talking about?
Speaker 4: That's the key.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the key gives us answers the musical.
Speaker 4: You've done remarkably well, Ben, because that is the key and the whole thing is Is.
Speaker 3: It an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical?
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 6: Is it Michael Crawford.
Speaker 4: It's not Michael Crawford is the music? Because you said he's not a stage actor. Though he's not a stage actor. He's a concert performer.
Speaker 6: But he spoke about bringing this musical here, which he wrote.
Speaker 3: He wrote, he wrote it. He wrote a musical.
Speaker 10: It's not one of the other people's not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know what they're Swedish. That was an English accent.
Speaker 4: Is he's very bigger in the nineteen seventies. I'd say bigger in the nineteen seventies, in the nineteen eighties, and a number of hit songs.
Speaker 6: Oh seven, yeah tough.
Speaker 4: This is okay, Well, I think times on the wings. I'm going to get the big clue. He uses a stage name, it's Elton John. It's not Elton John.
Speaker 3: Cliff Richard.
Speaker 4: And part of his stage name Diamond. It's part of his stage name is something to do with an animal.
Speaker 3: An animal bear, Bobby Bear.
Speaker 9: Given it to you, Ede, not Eddie the ebu Ernie muskrat, No a domestic animal cat cat Stevens.
Speaker 4: Cat Stevens is correct.
Speaker 15: I am talking to Kat Stephens Steve about his musical Moonshok Moonshadow, which was on at the Princess Theater, probably the best part of maybe ten years.
Speaker 4: It almost it almost makes perfect sense now when that happens. But how sad is that that we.
Speaker 3: Neither would never.
Speaker 4: It was a tough one.
Speaker 6: Oh, how did the listeners go?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Five minutes ago exactly, Catherine wrote use of Islam also known as Cat Stevens. That was the third text we received. So it's very quick of you, Catherine, Well done, Well done. Other suggestions Andrew Lloyd Webber, Michael Palin, Tommy I don't know, Terry Gillia and Michael Caine. No, you'd know if it was Michael Kaine, Ben Elton, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Graham Chapman.
Speaker 9: Answers, great answers there, but yeah, but well done. Well that wouldn't have got Cat Stephens all right?
Speaker 4: We could time to square.
Speaker 5: No, we're sort of running late here. We'll need to break and then come back. I think with the popular songs of nineteen eighty after.
Speaker 3: This, okay, the hit songs of nineteen eighty Kevin Trask.
Speaker 4: Who's seen these boys? Another brick in the wall, Pink Floyd, correct, Magic, Olivia and John. You've just been talking about her. Do that to me one more time, Captain, Yeah, very good. It's still rock and roll to me.
Speaker 3: Billy Joel, well done.
Speaker 4: The Rose lost in love air supply one percent so far. Coward of the County, Kenny Rodgers. Yes, we don't talk anymore.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 4: Well, come on, Ben, we don't talk anymore.
Speaker 6: We should know that one.
Speaker 3: What is it? Who was it?
Speaker 4: Cliff Richard?
Speaker 3: Of course? Is that the one where was on roller skates?
Speaker 6: No, that was wired for saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah cool cool change, Frankie Lane, No, that was cool water close.
Speaker 7: Who is it?
Speaker 4: The Little River Band? We can allow people just sticking their head in the door giving the answers. It's my fault for leaving the door open. What what about fame?
Speaker 3: The fame?
Speaker 4: Irene car very good.
Speaker 5: One fine day, one fine day, John far even Tony's wincing now, no, one fine?
Speaker 3: Is that the revival of the song for the Chiffons?
Speaker 4: Well, it could be.
Speaker 3: This is no.
Speaker 4: I think she wrote this. This is a female singer.
Speaker 6: Carol King.
Speaker 4: Yes, Carol Carol King is correct.
Speaker 6: I thought so always knew that thank you.
Speaker 4: You won't get this one. And the mystery voice is sticking his enter the door. Won't get it either. Pilot of the airwaves.
Speaker 6: Pilot of the Airwaves was.
Speaker 3: Off with that harmony bit. Yeah, oh, come on, I can see the forty five it was on.
Speaker 4: It was on what's the name of the singer on the forty five that that's gone the waves? Oh come on, I do know it's This is sad because you one hundred percent up to this and you're the last question. You're going to blow it.
Speaker 6: Boys, Yeah, this is said initials.
Speaker 4: Yes, initials might help c d.
Speaker 3: Oh compact this?
Speaker 4: No, yes, no, not compact his first name ship shut chur chur chart chart.
Speaker 6: Look Daniels, Charlie Daniel.
Speaker 4: That's not right, No, Charlene, No admit to Charlie.
Speaker 3: D'are okay.
Speaker 6: No, I wouldn't have got that at all.
Speaker 3: Was the idea of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's okay. You can't get the ball right. Did you like Fiddler's Dram Yes? I did very much. So they had a lovely hit and I love this one day trip to Bengal.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, we've taken so long with those. We're heading off the news where we go next week.
Speaker 4: Kevin nineteen ninety one boys, good night everyone, Thank you for all you do.
Speaker 7: On this side.
Speaker 4: Alt