Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, oh no day.
Speaker 2: Lots of tanks coming in inquiring about the aforementioned four hundred and fifty thousand dollars that Justin was donating to the program for our philanthropic pursuits if for the temporarily been on hold. The bank not the position to release it just as yet, but thank you for all those people that have been texting through. Look who it is. It is the one and only Rod Smith.
Speaker 3: Morning Roddee, gooday, Tony. It is a mild morning here, Miles day coming up. Wouldn't go too far, but look the temperature still pretty good, twenty two at the moment and cloudy going for a top of twenty six, so.
Speaker 2: That should be okay, a bit of cloud around and what have you got plan for the again?
Speaker 3: Going to another motorcycle club meets. It's really good, you know, some of the local bike clubs. I go there to really kind of sell some wares there, Tony, because over the years I've collected many jackets, especially Harley Davison stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you ride?
Speaker 3: I did, but no longer not. I wouldn't do that here because too many people are on their mobile phone.
Speaker 2: Of course, really, what you mean drivers are on their phones.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, yes, where they just get totally distracted and.
Speaker 2: They go, see what was that somebody riding a bike?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, motorcycle, not a bike.
Speaker 2: No what I say? Motorbike? Yeah? Sorry?
Speaker 3: What is your favorite Harley Davison you would say that.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not sufficiently I'm not aficiently familiar with them, to be honest. I mean, I love the idea of riding a cycle, but I think you get to a certain age wing ago. I think that that may have passed the option of me participating occasionally.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 2: I love to be jumping on you know, a BMW for example, and just doing it one of those cruisy sort of looks where you're just cruise very silently and just have a whole lot of fun doing that. But I think I'm probably I'm not going to do it now.
Speaker 3: Well, the motorcyclists today are looking for a brand new one, a brand new Indian chieftain call a limousine on wheels, yeah.
Speaker 2: That or really an Indian chieftain.
Speaker 3: Yes, a very nice bike.
Speaker 2: Pricey are you probably looking.
Speaker 3: About twenty five? You know, but that's American, so in australia'd be probably a bet forty plus forty plus.
Speaker 2: Wow, are they made locally?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well a lot of Indians are, Yeah, because they started making Indians two years before they started making Harley Davison.
Speaker 2: They did. There was a great film, wasn't there about the Indian Bike.
Speaker 3: Yeah? That was with the wonderful actor Tony I.
Speaker 2: Can see his face. Was a fantastic film about the Indian Bike. It'll come somebody to let us know if we can't remember.
Speaker 3: I just thought i'd let you hang.
Speaker 2: Thanks so very much, but somebody let us know. Tell us about anti tourism growing in the United States. So who, how, why? Where?
Speaker 1: Well not just.
Speaker 3: Here in the United States, it's also growing in Europe. And you know, visitors going to Europe could be a little bit more sensitive with the authorities, well because the authorities at the moment they're seeking sustainable solutions for residents and tourists. But Staingham is no really answer. After coordinated protests across Europe last weekended, it's really easy for all tourists to feel uncertain. And across southern Europe, particularly in Spain, Italy and Portugal, you know, there are headlines blaming visitors for everything from overcrowding to housing shortages in neighborhoods, slogans such as tourists Go home. We're appearing on walls and windows, very angry residents making all those headlines and squirting tourists with water pistols. So the protesters are just calling for a total overhall of a model of tourism. Tourism in the United States has plummeted directly due to the political tensions with tariffs and Canadians boycotting America. Sixty two percent of Canadian are avoiding coming to the US and they're traveling elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, that's going to be a costly little exercise.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, we're not just a Canadians. I think the tourism here in the.
Speaker 2: United That's what I'm saying. So the mere fact that people have gone off the boil, and you can only in the current climate suspect that that may escalate. That's going to be very costly to a lot of small business that rely on visitors.
Speaker 3: Well, not just small business. You've got to look at Universal Studios, You've got to look at Disneyland, all those ones. They're going to copy it.
Speaker 2: Well and truly, now Paul's calling in, He's got information on the aforementioned Indian motorbikes. What do you got for us? Paul, Hello, and thank you for ringing through.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Tony.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The movie itself has called the world's Fastest Indian and a true story about a man called but Monroe and New Zealand who took that bike nineteen twenty seven, Harley d Indian across to Utah on the flats out there, there's Salt Lake Flats at Bonnoville.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 4: Jeer was a good movie, Anthony Hopkins, Jeah Hopkins.
Speaker 2: That's who it was, Anthony Hopkins, Tony Hopkins, Anthony Hopkins. And how good was that? You seem very familiar with the bikes themselves?
Speaker 4: Pull No, not at all. Actually, it's just one of my favorite movies. I think it's brilliantly made and just such a quaint character, and I love the way it's a true story on you know, a little bit fictionalized. But he takes that back to the States to win a race and he's just helped on the way by Americans who were amused by this quaint old man with and they patched his bike up and he actually wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. That was the for those that haven't seen the movie, we can tell you he wins real. He is a good film. I agree with you, Paul. That's lovely of you to call through. Thank you for being part of it.
Speaker 4: That's fine, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And you mate see everybody in the audience. I got to tell you, Rod, you always get people who are special, who shine a light where a light was desperately needed to be SHOWNE.
Speaker 3: Just know that little bit extra, Yeah, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit because you and I couldn't think of Hopkins name, which is a disgrace, absolute desision.
Speaker 3: I called him Tony, was calling him Tony. It's not Anthony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got we got the gist. Now, someone buys a ticket a universal theme park, Spielberg gets.
Speaker 3: How much two dollars thirty eight? Wow? Now this is this is inportuity there turning seven. Spielberg has directed some of the iconic films in cinematic history, from Jaws to E T to Jurassic Park and Shindler's List. Now, his creative output has shaped generations of moviegoers, and movie royalties are not just the only source of income for mister Spielberg, and in fact, one of his most lucrative revenue streams comes from something you'd never guess. Now, for nearly forty years, Spielberg has been quietly earning tens of millions of dollars. Now that's today forty million. It doesn't have to lift a finger there, Tony. And that is from the Universal Theme Parks, thanks to a consulting agreement that is virtually unheard of in Hollywood, and the deal was closely a secret until two thousand and nine. Now, in the late eighties, time Warner wanted to poach Spielberg from Universal, but at the time Universal didn't have the money. They said, gee, what are we going to do? So they defered that's right, and it was called a consulting agreement for that solution. Now, he was offered that consulting agreement contract where he would receive two percent of gross park admissions and a cut of concessions. Now, Spielberg made the contract go even further, so if there's a change of ownership of Universal Studios, he still gets his money.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what business. Great deal. It reminds me of the deal that Harry and Miller tried to do years ago for a very well known television chef. And this is going back sixties and seventies, and the deal was I think the deal would have been done the sixties. And he said to this new company that we're producing a thing called glad Rap. You'll get you'll get a one center role in perpetuity. And the chef, the aforementioned chef Cook said, nobody's going to buy that one center role forever.
Speaker 3: Imagine that, Tony, how much money you would have made.
Speaker 2: For sitting back and doing We'll do this when we come back. A new thriller about the Neuremberg Trials. Marijuana use going up dramatically. I wonder why that's happening in the United States. Thank you for all those people ringing through. Anthony Hopkins, the fastest Indian Fred much appreciated, one of the many coming through. If you're sending a text, you do that zero four double seven six nine three six nine three, yes, yeah, you know. We catch up with Rod Smith on a Friday morning, all part of Oh Love That Tune, all part of Australia Overnight. Rod these days is based well and truly in the United States of America, in a place.
Speaker 3: Called Well in San Diego County, living in a place called Karl's Dad and.
Speaker 2: Loving it and loving it, Jerry loving it.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's just pretty good.
Speaker 2: What problem to the move? Just remind me what for the mood to go and reside in a beautiful part of the world.
Speaker 3: I came over to help some media people up in Malibu, Australian company.
Speaker 2: And they said, we love you. You can stay and you've been there ever since.
Speaker 3: Come on, over, Come on, over, Come on over.
Speaker 2: The new thriller tell us about this about the Nuremberg Trials if you had a look at.
Speaker 3: It, not as yet, but Russell Crowe's new thriller Nuremberg. The upcoming film tells the true story of the trials conducted by the Allied powers to prosecute the defeated Nazi leadership in Germany after World War Two. Now the Pig centers around an American psychiatrist, Douglas Ellie played by Ramy Malik, who was tasked by determining whether Nazi prisoners are fit to stand trial. Now he finds himself in a complex battle of wits with Irmann Goring played by Russell Crowe, and forget Goring was Hitler's right hand man. Nuremberg will be released Dave Toney on November the seventh, but there's a lot of trailers coming out and stuff like that, so it should be pretty good. It's released on the just before the eightieth anniversary of the trial. However, this movie will help. I'm sure Russell with his bit of.
Speaker 2: A slump, well, because he went through one when he went through a divorce. He had this amazing beautiful watch collection, you remember, and the majority of which he had to flog.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, some things you got to flog.
Speaker 2: He was rid of them. It was pity because he fell in love with beautiful watches, as you do, and so he would after he finished a project, he would go and find another one and he'd order that and buy that. And he had this incredible watch based on each film that he had done, and so lots of memories and then Oxtionen you can just the mere fact that they were so intrinsically linked to his work and they were his made them interting more valuable than they probably were as a collection.
Speaker 3: And Russell's a nice fella. Yeah, if you've met him, he's just down to earth, one of the nicest guys you'd meet.
Speaker 2: Apart from the fact that he has a really weird rugby team marijuana, speaking of which marijuana uses a dramatic So it's the really increase of a risk of dying with heart attacks a stroke because of the increased usage in that part of the world.
Speaker 3: Well it is, but it's one of the largest studies found using marijuana doubles the risk of dying from heart disease from this new medical data that was pulled together involving over two hundred million people between the age of nineteen and fifty nine. And one thing that was particularly striking was there were patients hospitalized for certain these disorders. They were saying that we're young and were not tobacco smokers. Cardiovascular disease is the top cause of death in the US and also globally, and the studies were conducted in Australia, Egypt, Canada, Sweden, France, and the US. And there are many ways of inhaling cannabis that have risks to the user. And we shouldn't forget about the secondhand smoke risks the at tony that are similar to tobacco, and researchers have said that the notion of smoking cannabis is less harmful because it's natural. Now that's totally wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wrong. It's boultice. Yeah, you're right. We're going to run out of a time. But I don't want it because there's a couple of things you've got here great on this music. So I'm thinking, do we start in nineteen seventy one? Do we move to do we go back to nineteen sixty four? I hope we do? Or nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Hey, we can just go straight to sixty four if you want, Tony and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, set this up for us down, Yeah, set this up for us.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: In nineteen sixty four, on this day, Eric Burden and the Animals went to number one in the US, Canada, the UK, but only reached number two in Australia. Here it is House of the Rising Sun. What eight song.
Speaker 6: Hose Oar Thank God I knew.
Speaker 5: I'll go.
Speaker 7: My son moody.
Speaker 6: My again, we back down. I'm gonna hit.
Speaker 5: You allan that you
Speaker 7: Again, sudds and shut up.