Speaker 1: One meter, blank, knife and cautious. Here this morning, Good morning everyone, Welcome to Australia. Over night and now here's my grandpa grank he's waiting.
Speaker 2: Australia's quiet.
Speaker 3: The night rolls on, the voices echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 1: Through the dark. There's a guiding light.
Speaker 4: Three aw keeps us close tonight.
Speaker 3: Overnight we shed.
Speaker 1: It stories and laughter.
Speaker 5: Everywhere, from city streets to the outbacks.
Speaker 6: Guys Australia tree.
Speaker 3: As the station flows.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Simon. Thank you to Andrew for remember when hours.
Speaker 7: We safty, city wakes.
Speaker 8: Heart goes now.
Speaker 1: Welcome out of laid five double A voice like a friendly like a friendly hand.
Speaker 4: The country close across this.
Speaker 1: It's what we do. If you'd like to join us, no, we sty stories, laughter, Well I need to talk about that. You can come and be part of it. One double three six nine three. Wherever you are one double three six nine three send a message should you choose to do so, zero four double seven write it down six nine three six nine three.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 10: Surfree.
Speaker 1: When he's available, we have the pleasure of the one and only Nathan Cosh, as you may or may not know, Nathan Cosh Shure not only is a wonderful vet and a surgeon and great expertise surgeon christ well.
Speaker 7: We all do our bits in order to do a burgery, but.
Speaker 1: He's also a cootish captain. We've got a lot to talk about this morning. Let's do it from now.
Speaker 4: I love the airways. Here's my request. You don't have to play, but hope you'll do your best. I've been listening to Shumray.
Speaker 3: And you seem lack of friends.
Speaker 1: Hello, Nathan Gosh.
Speaker 7: Good morning or evening as the case may be, to you, Tony mcmaon.
Speaker 1: Wherever you are. And of course they're good friends that they've already joined US five double A in Adelaide, the ACE Radio Network wherever you right through Victoria and into some of the southern parts of New South Wales which might include Orange. Yeah, around that area, parks, parks all through that Aubrey Wogga Wogga.
Speaker 7: Woggager corals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is so all those people that are tuned in coolus to have you there. Won Da Couma won derup Marimbla sys. He has just come back from beautiful far North Queensland. Was it amazing? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Twenty five degrees in sunshine that was there for half an hour, then come back to eleven degree Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Is it just because that's a pretty good airport, Cairn's Airport, isn't it?
Speaker 7: That's not bad. Most of most of the airports these days have been upgraded well. And truly I had an evening a night on the Gold Coast earlier in the week and I was just talking to the first officer and said, well, back in the day when I was a child, we used to go up to Surface Palace Paradise as we did back in the day during the winter holidays. It's September holidays because of course we only had two terms instead of the three terms or other instead of the four. And I can remember the airport at Cooling Gata was literally a weatherboard shack or a building and then on one end was Ansett, on the other end was TAA and that was it. And now you have a look at what they've done. And there's an international area as well there New Zealand go in and out and it's just huge now by comparison, it's all changed. Everything's changed.
Speaker 1: The Gold Coast haven't been there for a little while really to any great degree flying flight type situation. But the Gold Coast certainly has changed, has just grown. It's quite an extraordinary city. Oh it's huge.
Speaker 7: Well, we almost as good as we stayed a little place right on the water, a little two story place sort of like a motel with the balk around, a pool in the middle, all that type of thing. And there was a place called the Sands, as I recall, on the corner of Cavel Avenue and the Foreshore, and that was the first of the sort of high risy kind of places, which wasn't very high rise, but now when you go past there, it's just these massive buildings. And then down at broad Beach and all the way up to Southport it's just built up with massive, massive buildings and thousands and thousands of people living there these days.
Speaker 1: Did you do you remember ever going into the Conrad what was referred to as the Conrad Hotel, but it was part of the obviously part of the Hilton group, but it was just branded Conrad in first really smart hotel in that area. That was that Broadbeach I think, yes, broad Beach was it did the opening of that hotel, it was fantastic and it was run by at that point, they brought out a lot of American senior execs to work to get it all set up, you know, to get staff and training and all the sort of things that you can imagine they would have had to do during that time. Miss early yearly part of the eighties. It's probably forty years ago.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: Was that did that become Jupiters?
Speaker 1: Is that it was kind of Jupiters, Yes, correct, So they had the gaming in there and it was all very very special in that launched. It was an amazing place. The point of that story was that one of the frustrations of the Americans told us about on air, because I was doing some radio shows from there for three BA in Bellaret, and they would make mention of the fact that it was really difficult to get people to work in hospitality at that time. Yes, because it was sort of still a bit of an unknown thing. Yes, hospitality of that level in Australia even late seventies, early part of the eighties.
Speaker 7: Oh, and look at it now. I mean if all young people end up doing some sort of stint in hospitality, which I think is a great thing. You learn to deal with people and you have to be punctual and you have to be neat and you have to sort of try and deal with problems and things as they arise, deal with criticism as it gets dished out to you. So yeah, I think it's a great training ground for for kids to whatever they're going to do later on. Because people skills. Despite the fact that we are less and less communicative with people, I think people skills are so very important and you've got to be thrown in the deep end a little bit to have to sort it out.
Speaker 1: I've said for a long time that in Australia really it's about our level of hospitality has to be so strong because when everything else disappears, we're disappearing in certain certain areas. Now in terms of industry, it will really be based on visitors coming to Australia and we've got to be able to provide them with great services, high end services, to make it very attractive to visit here.
Speaker 7: Well that in radio stations that they're the only things that are going to be lived will continue.
Speaker 1: Do you want to make light of this, But how tragedy it was, that's fart out of India, terrible.
Speaker 7: I mean, our hearts go out to all those directly involved and indirectly involved and through families and just other colleagues or you know, all of us are affected when these sorts of things happen, and thankfully they are rare, but when they do occur, of course their front page news, and there are questions to be answered.
Speaker 1: Any whispers is about ah, look when.
Speaker 7: This is one of I think one of the sad things about social media and with any you know, no, I did a safety investigators course earlier in the year, a short one, and it's all about evidence, I mean, no speculation, no whatevers. And some of the stuff that's come out is absolutely just completely out of left field and total and utter nonsense, absolutely from so called experts. So as much as of course we want answers and everything, I think there's a few things that were witnessed on the video that seemed a bit unusual, like the undercarriage being left down. It appears that the flaps were up.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: Then I was just watching something last night from someone fairly reputable who said that in those aircraft there's a little wind generator if you like, and it drops out from underneath the fuselage and it spins and it provides electricity for the electrical systems and the hydraulic systems. If the other systems all fall over, it's an emergency supply. It can also drop out if both engines fail, and there's a fair amount of speculation that it was operating, which means that there must have been some sort of catastrophic systems failure. There's also been the speculation that why the gear down and the flaps up, that perhaps the pilot monitoring instead of normally we put the undercarriage up straight away because it just hangs out and caused a lot of air drag, so we pull the gear up as soon as we get airborne. And there was some speculation that maybe the flaps were selected up and not the gear, which means that the engines were not only fighting against all that resistance air resistance from the undercarriage down, but the loss of lift from the wings because the shape had been altered because the flaps were put up. But that's only conjecture at this stage. And I think the flight recorders were intact, and I believe they've been removed. They will be looked at very rapidly, of course, because the important thing, well one of their things is okay, well, what happened, why did it happen, and how do we stop it from happening again. So if there is something that is an issue with say the aircraft or a procedure or something, then it needs to be looked at and all the seven eight to seven operators around the world will take it on board. But they I think the first ones came out in twenty sixteen, and this was the first one that crashed, So there are a lot of them out there. It's a very safe the Dreamliner and the eight hundred version of the nine hundred version, which is a little bit longer and has some differences, but there's a lot of them out there. They are safe, and we just need to find out what went on for the sake of everybody and to make sure that there's no underlying problem that needs to be addressed by other operators as well. And of course the incredible story about the man sitting in eleven a survived walked away was walking to hospital grief.
Speaker 1: How many people now will be saying, I'll be I thought of that when it came up. The other thing that was a remarkable story. I guess there will be always these sorts of yarns where apparently one personal woman I think it was, who was running Lake could caught up in the traffic. It wasn't allowed to go on the plane at the last moment. I'm sorry, gates closed.
Speaker 7: You can't get on, yes, And you hear about and the other way as well. People that did just get on that weren't meant to be on, and people that were meant to be on that didn't get on. So it's one of those things. I mean, if you're a fatalist, you'd say, well, that was my time, wasn't right or it was, depending on which way you went. But anyway, let's, as I say, our thoughts go out to everybody involved, and you know, the family's on the ground as well, and the damage on the ground, and let's wait and see what the answer is and hopefully it'll it. I'll make aviation just that little bit safer.
Speaker 1: All right. The idea for this morning is for the hour, the couple of hours maybe that Nathan will be with us. It's lighter, it's brighter. We like to have a bit of fun. For those of you that have a much love pet. It could be any one of your beautiful animals at home who's not feeling one hundred percent or you've got an issue with that, you can jump on board as well. Nathan's here. He'll give you some help and guide you through some of the options. One double three six nine three. And if you're sending a message, you can do that zero four double seven six nine three six nine three and anything to do with aviation or anything that you would like to raise on the program.
Speaker 7: We just sit here and just and we can get everything wrong.
Speaker 1: And we usually do. We do, and there will be no discussion about football.
Speaker 7: No, I agree, Jay, you're on mute this evening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's not going to say thenk Yeah, he's saying anything. I won't be saying anything. Come and join us. One double three six nine three. It is Australia overnight. Good morning Addie, mister Miaggie, say hello to the one and only Nathan Cosh.
Speaker 12: Good morning Nathan Cosh and Tony. You had a good birthday and good morning Jane.
Speaker 1: Now massive birthday. I let me tell you just on that.
Speaker 7: It's only it's still got another two weeks to go.
Speaker 1: For the festival. Tony runs right through until the thirtieth of June. Ardie.
Speaker 12: That's good because Nathan's is one month exactly after yours, thirteenth of July.
Speaker 1: I remember, there.
Speaker 7: You go, And the difference between Tony and myself is immense.
Speaker 1: It's about fifteen years.
Speaker 7: There's the No, I don't mean that, but I mean the festival, the festival of Tony which goes through a month, and the Festival of Nathan is non existent.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not at all true. We can make it. We can make it the festival in July.
Speaker 7: I'm just I'm just a non non birthday person. Oh you are, yeah, just just another day.
Speaker 1: I can shift you out of that.
Speaker 7: Look. I believe I was there at my birth but I have absolutely no recollection of it.
Speaker 1: Do you It was today like it was yesterday? Sorry?
Speaker 13: Erie, that's all right.
Speaker 12: I went to a birthday party last night in my club owner. Anyway, I'm an interesting.
Speaker 1: Piece of information. Again, that was an interesting piece of information. So who was the who's the club owner?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 12: She sold off Lasia, but and she had a birthday at retro club?
Speaker 1: Any happy returns to Asia?
Speaker 7: Yes? Were you cutting a right?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Actually? Anyway, happy birthday, Nathan. I was watching the news again, I'm brief, maybe mistake and I Silvans Hudson the CEO. Were these the suggestions of Virgin being phased out owned by quantuses? You already know the Virgin.
Speaker 1: Virgin's not Virgins not owned by the completely separate companies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Virgins a separate company. Jet Star is owned by Quatas.
Speaker 12: Yes, it was a jet Star any it was a sorry not Virgin is a jet Star.
Speaker 7: I meant to say, no, no, no, that what there is one of the divisions of jets Star in Asia and it operates out of Singapore and they're closing up that division. It's got I think eleven jets something like that, So they're they're closing that up and they're bringing those aircraft back into Australia. So that division's being closed. But no, jet Star is enormous, There's no way they're going to be closing that. So I think that's that's where it came from. Jetstar Asia as opposed to jet Star Australia.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that. It's interesting with those brands that are such very important brands, quart As being one and historically and much loved brand, why would you not And this is just being throwing it out there for discussion. I guess given the power of that brand historically, what was the what was what's the thinking about do O the reirlines around the world do that have this so called sub brand.
Speaker 7: There certainly are in the States, you'll see a lot of the regionals will be branded as the original carrier, but they're operated by other carriers because and that's not jets as different, but there are other subsidiaries within Quantas that do that. There's Cobbom, this network Alliance does some flying fish for Quantus and Quantus Link which has the turboprops, the dash etes that do the flight into regional centers. Now over here, even all around the country really out of Adelaide, out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, you'll see them everywhere, doing just into the smaller country towns, and so it makes sense for the smaller operators to look after their own patch of turf and rather than have the big conglomerate trying to deal with all the different fleets, all the different root structures, all that kind of thing. Jetstar is a bit different because it was to be branded as the lower cost carrier, and you either dilute the main brand and call it Quantus Light. If you like or you set up another company, and then a lot of airlines around the world have done the same thing and it's just a means of differentiating the brand. And I think in Australia, the reason, one of the reasons, my humble opinion, why Jetstar was set up was there were some other low cost carriers around the place sniffing around, the likes of Ryanair and easy Jet and those European low cost carriers that thought, well, there's room in the Australian market for a low cost carrier. Because at the time Virgin was also full service along with Quantas. So in order to plug the gap and not allow another sort of foreign entity to come in, Quantus decided, well, we might as well set up our own and that's where Alan Joyce began at Jetstar, and that plugged the whole and that certainly has stopped those European carriers from coming in and setting up here because as we've seen, the Australian market is not big enough for all these airlines. And you know, we've had the demise in very recent times of Bonza and of the rex Jet operation. The turboprop operations still going, and you know, various others over the years that have come and come and gone, and so it look, it's a small population with big distances and really for any sort of airline to make money, you want to do lots of short hops because then you just get airfare after airfair after airfair.
Speaker 1: Brand loyalty is so important. You would have thought that if you've got this great brand like Aquantus, say, look you jump on a bird, you go from Melbourne, you go to Brisbane, then you get one of the regional flights, you would still want to be associated with the.
Speaker 7: Quantus and they do, and they have Quantus Link, and that's how it works. Whereas jets sort of kept at arm's length. It's run as a very separate entity. We don't have anything to do with them or they with us. Whereas with the other the link brands, they have smaller aircraft as Airbus A two twenties, Alliance has Embraer one nineties and then as I say, Quantus Link, you've got there the turboprops. So yeah, it is seamless and you can book all the way through and all of that and book with your points and that kind of thing. So from a passenger point of view, It is quite seamless going through these different entities depending on where you need to go.
Speaker 1: Lenny Milton, morning, Good.
Speaker 15: Morning guys, Hellen, Tony Nathan. As soon as I heard about that here India. The first thing I could be way off line. But I've got to check with you because you're the man an. Yeah, if you're setting up on the runway, yeah, and you're going off and one of the things you guys say is Audo thrust and the other also check right, not.
Speaker 7: Quite but yes, they're different aircraft have different setups. But yeah, yeah, keep going then sorry, yeah, now be.
Speaker 15: Could they have misstaten then when they hit the auto when you actually set the orders, thrust is just supposed to be punched in, so that connects with the Audo prilort.
Speaker 7: No, we don't use the autopilot to take off. We do a hand takeoff.
Speaker 15: No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is why is that auder trust? Uh said, uh takeoff?
Speaker 7: We have an auto throttle. That's what we use for takeoff. So we we work out our figures because we don't just do full power takeoffs every time. So depending on the length of the runway, the weight of the aircraft, the wind, the temperature, all that kind of stuff we have these days. We have an app in our iPads and we calculate all the data and it tells us how much thrust that we actually use, and we put that in our flight management computer, which will then when we push a button on the thrust, it brings the power up to that level and we confirm that it is at that level that you know, it has set what we have asked it to set. So it's not connected up to the autopilot. It's a separate system. But it certainly they got airborne on that Air India flight, so I don't know that, you know. But then there's conjecture as well whether they got weights wrong and so it didn't have it. You know, they had enough thrust to sort of launch it into the air, but not enough to kind of keep it going. But again, there's many, many possibilities and it's kind of not helpful to just speculate about things. And we'll wait and see that there will be information I'm sure coming out over the next few days, and then we can talk about it with some science and some evidence.
Speaker 1: We hope that would the case. Let me thank you you'll calls the other side come and join us one double three six nine three For those that are waiting, Dylan, Jimmy, Mark will come to you next. Oh that's a great piece and nice to every company wherever you are right across Australia. I'm Tony mcmaus, Nathan Kosh is here, Pets and jets. Wherever you're calling from, you just pick up the phone one double three six nine three one double three six nine three. The messages will get to as well, and they are. They are plenty zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. I just said to you, Nathan during the commercial break. What was really humbling was the two point eight million emails that I received overnights at three at w dot com dot Au for a birthday, which was most humbling. And I've replied to each and every one. He took most of the weekend, but I've replied, and I just want to thank people for that sense of graciousness. You made the point. I'm sure Tony moclear won't mind you repeating that lovely story. Yes.
Speaker 7: Well, I was over his place yesterday and he was talking about the fact that when his dear mother passed away a few years ago that he's had a whole wall full of condolence cards and things. And I think that's something we forget about a little bit. You know, people can tend to be a bit upset and angry and everything, and the people that the nice people that are everywhere just don't need to make a fuss. But then occasions like your birthday and after all, was it next year you get the telegram from.
Speaker 1: The king that's the one coming through next year.
Speaker 7: Next year, and then I think, you know people, most people are good and nice. I think ninety nine point nine absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jill chillan in back in the morning.
Speaker 16: Yeah, good everybody.
Speaker 17: I hope everybody's well in this morning.
Speaker 1: We're really good.
Speaker 17: We thank you bad to fantastic. I just want to talk about Mike Bush that's becoming the police commissioner at the first Silly this year. I think he will make it very very very good police commission to get better shame. But he's originally from the shaky aisles off. He's going to make a great police commission. I think it will because of his generation, stimilar generation. He tak them calling you old, but he will make a good com police commissioner. He will tell other police officers and get rid of the ones that don't want to work, but the ones that do want to work and put hard yaka and really make this a victorious state, a better state with crime or blowing the crime. And I think he will because because he's being really nice, he's seeing polite, friendly and everything, but you don't take that weakness and it's absolutely fantastic. He's got a great commissioner. We had we had sham Pad before. He wasn't very good, but we had a can Lay he was a good one. But I think Mike, I think what is a good commissioner and can be very good.
Speaker 7: I think you know when when you get somebody new from outside, and no matter what the job, I think there's always people a little bit wary because they don't know them and they need to just sort of figure out what they're about. But look, let's hope we crime is such a massive issue around our community, and you've got to feel for the police that are going out there day and night trying to sort of keep things under control as best they can. And let's hope that the new commissioner is an outside voice and we'll get the respect of all of them current members and hopefully can make a dent in some of the stuff that's going on at the moment.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that lovely message, Greg, well done, you could. I Jay, we sent Jay on behalf of the program, said a lovely message to David in Israel, whose respond Thanks for writing it, really appreciate it. We are fine. This is David in Israel writing. He says, we have a shelter in our building, had a chance to use it a few times Friday night, Saturday night and about an hour ago. So just in the last Saturday night and about an hour ago, there's been some serious damage with some residential buildings deliberately targeted. Been some civilian deaths, very sadly, including children. Our areas saw fragments from missiles falling last night's around Most businesses closed, bar or essential services such as health, security and food remain open. Listening to the program. Now, thank you again for writing, says David. So David, we're thinking of you. Yes, very difficult time for that part of the world, for a range of reaons. Good on you. We're we off to Jimmy Morning.
Speaker 18: Good morning, Tony, Nathan and jay A couple of questions, please at bottoms, Nathan. But before that, I heard your birthday when I write only with your family.
Speaker 1: It was really good. So we went out. We went out Friday night for a dinner with sister Susie, brother Dan, brother Dan's wife, partner Robin, and kicked onto the WI Small Where did you go?
Speaker 7: View DeMont?
Speaker 1: Was that just a lovely just in Berika, a lovely Indian restaurant and the good thing about it is by So I.
Speaker 7: Thought you're going to say it was cheap. Well, well that's one of the beggars you were shouting.
Speaker 1: And so when you when you're the hope, when you're the guest, when you're the person who's the birthday, is the expectation that you pay.
Speaker 7: I think it depends as long as you know. If you say you don't, don't bring me a gift, but you know, just pay for your meal. That's one thing. But I think when when people go along and then you don't to pay for your meal, no gift, and you gotta and you pay for their meal, what do you think?
Speaker 1: What are the rules, Joe? The rules are you don't pay birthday person doesn't pay.
Speaker 7: Sorry, there's a wonderful episode of Kirby Your Enthusiasm, where you know they say Larry David says, well, what do I bring? Is going to a party, and they are no, no, no, don't bring anything. And so he turns up there and they go, well, why didn't you bring anything? And he said, well, you told me not to bring anything. But no, when people say don't bring something, you've still got to bring something. But he said, but you told me that anyway, and of course, in the usual manner, it escalates. So, yes, did you get invited to Tony's birthday?
Speaker 18: Jim No, Oh, Jimmy, I wouldn't have been able to afford it because I was just about to ask you.
Speaker 1: Well, but nobody else at the I would.
Speaker 18: Never be able to come with the prize like that. That's right what I'm talking about.
Speaker 7: Look, you know, Tony just would want a bottle of Grange and an old one would be fine. It wouldn't have to be a new one, the one you want. A new one.
Speaker 1: The new one twenty one is being released this week or next week from Penfolds. I think our very un Ray Jordan will be there for the launch and based on some limited tastings, so far considered to be one of the best grange ever. Ever, some are giving it a one one hundred point o perfect wine that in the hill of gross Of course, this is riveting.
Speaker 7: Stuff, isn't it. Yeah, So, Jim, what you are going to ask me about possums?
Speaker 1: Possums?
Speaker 18: Hello, I've got lots and lots of them here in my backyard, in the in the trees at the back of the school here, yeah, the power lines. What I wanted to know, are possums an Australian animal?
Speaker 7: They are, Yes, they're an Australian native. We've got the two sorts, of course, the brush tails, the bigger ones, and then the ringtails, the little ones. But they're very much an Australian native. And of course just goes to show when someone has a brilliant idea and they sent the brush tails across to New Zealand with a view to for their pelts to be used and that sort of thing. And because they've got no predators or anything over there, they've just gone bananas as the rabbits and the foxes have over here. So yeah, you're welcome, but yeah, they are native, Jim.
Speaker 18: And the other question I wanted to ask you possums are vegetarian. They are a couple more questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they generally generally are, so they'll eat eat fruit and bits and pieces that are left over. That's why people will net their fruit trees and things if they have, or their strawberry plants that type of thing, because as soon as they ripen to a point, the possums will get into them, for sure.
Speaker 1: Jimmy, thank you.
Speaker 7: Fruit fruit, fruit, fruitivorous.
Speaker 1: That's the one. And we'rib be hello, Mark, we're well, do you say to Nathan Kosh Mark, Yeah.
Speaker 14: I did catch it last before I get into it. They do love an apple, but about the vegetarian part, they don't mind a stood a finger as well.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, you got to. And that's the thing people forget. You know, sometimes if you see injured wildlife by the side of the road, and particularly things like like a possum, you want to be very careful when you go up to it because when they're distressed or if they're injured, then yeah, they can sink a tooth into you, that's for sure. Mark, I'm sure have you been a victim of such as too?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, look, yeah, I caught your name there. Nathan the cotch.
Speaker 7: As in David, but no relation.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I.
Speaker 14: Don't know what you're talking to you if you're a relation?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 14: No, Well, I mean, yeah, I was.
Speaker 8: On a plane. I had one of my exes.
Speaker 13: Not that I've got.
Speaker 7: Many, yes, only a couple of dozen.
Speaker 14: Her father was made them the coach Turkey and he and we were flying back on Turkish Airline and I guess through that relationships. Now we got boosted up, jacked up to the class and business class or whatever, and I asked if I could go and see the cockpit and they said, oh, you can come in when we land. So I got to go into the cock pit when we landed on this jet. Yes, and we landed in Sydney or Brisbane as we Now. I have sent a text about this before, but I didn't realize it was pets and jets when I called in to ask a question about you. Yes, okay, yeah, I might ask you in a second. But regardless that when we landed, it was raining, and I was so surprised because when it was clear above the clouds, but once we got below it was torrential rain. But the funniest thing happened. I could see the runway, but then these wind screen wipers came on. They were going one hundred miles and now.
Speaker 1: Yes, and hey, Mark, how do they go again?
Speaker 7: Requests Yeah, we do have windscreen wipers.
Speaker 14: They just seemed irrelevant.
Speaker 1: We're going to run out of time. What was your question, Mark, Well.
Speaker 8: Why do you have them?
Speaker 14: When?
Speaker 7: Well, when we're on the runway, once we're in the air, we we certainly turn them off. On the way in, we will put them on because they do make a difference, even for that little that little bit of time where they've cleared the windscreen before it gets covered again, because it does make quite a difference. If the wind screen is not working, then it's very difficult to see the runway and then we have some issues. So yeah, they actually do make a difference, although it may not seem like it with very heavy rain. Doesn't last very long between wipes, that's for certain. But we we do use them, and if on the ground when we're taxiing around as well, we need to use them. But once we take off we turn them off because obviously we don't need to be looking out of the window anymore.
Speaker 1: Nicki from Corefielder, Thank you, Mark. Nicki from Corfield, right, sir, three, you'll love this. Three weeks after coming to Australia from South Africa, I was asked to bring a plate to a party, thinking the host was short of plates. Would you could imagine what? Could you bring a plate?
Speaker 7: Oh? Absolutely, bring a plate?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I'll bring three plates. Yes, thinking that they was short of for crockery, which is very funny. Good on you, Nick, we'll come back your calls the other side. Don't leave us here by ourselves. One double three six nine three. It is Australia over night, a morning in Cheltenham. Hello, Greg, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 19: Be remiss of me not to wish you a happy belated Bertha.
Speaker 1: It's very congress.
Speaker 7: It's not belated at all, Greg, because the whole month, it's a whole month is the festival of Tony. So you're absolutely slap bang right in the middle, right in the sweet spot.
Speaker 19: Oh okay, well I'll ask a question.
Speaker 7: Then, please go ahead, Greg.
Speaker 19: The King requested eco friendly fuel in the jets that flew over in the ceremonies recently. There would the engines have to be modified for eco friendly fuel?
Speaker 7: Well, turbine engines are pretty good at burning most things. They're not as fhnickety as perhaps a piston engine. And obviously the fuels that they're coming up with, because they're going to be mixed with normal fuel. It's not going to be all or nothing that they need to be compatible, and that's where all the testing and everything is concerned. So there are some eco fuels that are starting to come about now. I don't know that we'll see it well at this point anyway completely replacing the petroleum based jet fuel, but they'll mix it, mix it with it to extend the life of the jet fuel supplies that we're going to have. So yeah, all the work is done to make sure that they're not going to cause any problems to the engines, and so far, so good. It's just a matter of getting enough of it at a reasonable price. So that's where all the work is happening at the moment.
Speaker 19: Just just to go way way way, way way way back when you were flying air aplate, Yes, mix your.
Speaker 7: Own fuels, yes you did, because of course the little two stroke engines, and you'd have to mix some oil in with it because it didn't have a separate oil reservoir like like say we have in a car, So yeah, you have to mix up these certain proportions of the different bits of fuel, and that still happens today. Very dear friend of minees right up with all the radio control models and things, and he loves building big scale war birds and the like. So there's four stroke engines and two stroke engines, and there's even turbine engines. There's actually jet engines that people have with little model jets and they are unbelievable. They just sound incredible and they go like the clappers and costs probably about twenty grand. So no, not for me, but yeah, you'd have to do all the mixing and everything, whereas we keep everything separate. In the bigger ones. We have our oil reservoirs just like you're having a car, and our hydraulic reservoirs as you have separately. So yes, I remember back in the days of having to mix it right. Otherwise you just ended up with splat it all over the back of your eroplane took you off and out to clean.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do that. Good on your greg, Thanks vern vern or fern Fern, I beg your pardon, cool Field.
Speaker 20: South, Hello, you're forgiven good evening to everyone.
Speaker 21: To everyone, honey ferod.
Speaker 20: Morning, I would like to speak to night and about the subject of possum possit.
Speaker 7: It's Cossom night, Hello, possible.
Speaker 20: That's very funny. Could you please tell everyone that the ring is are protected by law, as are the brush tails.
Speaker 7: Yes, they are protected, so you can't you can't poison them, do anything. And hence, if you do have an issue with possums, you need to call the appropriate people like Jim down there and they have to trap them and then move them away and then hopefully seal up your house as well so that they don't just come back into the roof space.
Speaker 20: You can't trap the ring so you can't touch them at all or interfere with them. I have a neighbor who was killing them at one Stone. I was up on the dividing fence watching him all the time, and I ended up in front of a magistrate twice on a small case and one a criminal case because I was watching them all the time if I heard something suspicious.
Speaker 7: So, yes, did you get off because you said that you were trying to prevent a crime from occurring? Aren't you allowed to do that?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 20: Both times the case was dismissed, but I'm still on the lookout all.
Speaker 7: The most wanted list. I thought you were going to.
Speaker 23: Say yes, probably that's true, but yes they are protected. But he thought he could do anything he liked, and I wasn't going to sit back and watch.
Speaker 7: So good for you.
Speaker 20: So please everyone, they are protected. Do not touch them or interfere with them, or poison them.
Speaker 1: Or it's a great message. Thank you, it's a lovely message, and thank you for reminding us about that. I guess the question that will might explore this when we come back as to why they are protected. I guess we'll do that next. It is Australia Overnight. I'm Tony McManus, Nathan Cosh, good morning to you. Hello bossoms Nathan you happy to stay and it takes some calls with me as part of Australia Overnight.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, Tony, goodness, what if you said no?
Speaker 1: We'll do that in the next time. Now.
Speaker 3: This is Australia Open Eyes with Tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Very cool, so cool for this school. One double three six nine three is the number if you would like to join us, and I hope you do. Nathan Kosher gives up his valuable. Not only is Nathan a Corners pilot, he is a highly regarded vet. If you would like any veterinary support advice now, it would be a really good time to call through. You get on straight away. If we get to one double three six nine three. If you're sending a message, you can do that zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. And should you choose to send an email, and I hope you do, you can do that overnights at three AW dot com dot au. So it's all one world overnights at THREEAW dot com dot au. Media monitors, media monitors, media monitors, you'll love this. Most mornings are driving in to host this very important program of courses straight usually calling for coffee. Yes, got a little McDonald's just just on Clyde Road. You know, Clyde Road.
Speaker 7: I do, indeed days to work on Clyde you did.
Speaker 1: And so there is a app towards Berwick there and there's a lovely McDonald's. There's a couple there. But the one that I call into is on my left hand side. I go in there.
Speaker 7: Is that a better one than the other one?
Speaker 1: Well, they're both pretty good, okay historically, but it's just it's on the way through. So I call in there and I get a regular flat wife, full cream milk, yes, extra shot, extra shot, and half a teaspoon of sugar. Right, and so that lasts me usually to at least two thirty, sometimes three o'clock. For those that don't believe me, I'm holding up now for the cameras.
Speaker 7: There is tonight, this said cup exhibit.
Speaker 1: A Thursday morning Friday morning program of last week called in and I said, hello there. They were excruciatingly busy because it's footy on Thursday nights, so every man and puppy have decided they're going to go there to get a late night snack, presumably just before the footy ends during the footing death. I call in and I'll have a tie. It's tony, good morning, and they go, oh morning tone. I said, I'd like the normal, which is the regular, full cream milk, flat flat white, half half a sugar, extra shot. So I get this last Thursday Friday morning, and I tasted and it tastes like panthers, and.
Speaker 7: Not that I can confirm or deny what said liquid taste like, I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 1: But it was just dreadful. So I thought to myself, I think they've forgotten the half of sugar. Well, I think they forgot to put the coffee in.
Speaker 7: Oh, it was that anemic one.
Speaker 1: It was anemic. So it felt like I'm drinking just warm milk with maybe a little bit of sugar. You nothing wrong with that, but that's not what I paid for.
Speaker 7: No, so did you immediately do a U turn?
Speaker 1: No, so this morning or last night, if you like. I'm driving down through the aforementioned Clyde Road right and I went in there and I said morning, and they said our morning tone because they know the voice.
Speaker 7: Yes, indeed.
Speaker 1: And I said, look, I just my coffee, a regular flat white, full cream.
Speaker 7: Milk, extra shirt, half a sugar, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's just boring. Now boring.
Speaker 7: And I said, look, I think there's a good punchline. Now there is.
Speaker 1: It's a light punchline. And so the very wonderful young lady behind the window, she said, I'm so. I explained to her what happened. She said, I'm so sorry. She said that should not have happened. And I said, no, it's not a problem. I'm just letting you know because I think this stall with everybody was very busy. It probably got lost up in the in the realm of it, she said, however, it shouldn't have happened, Tony. Tonight's coffee will be complimentary.
Speaker 7: But it's going to say nice things about you.
Speaker 1: Complimentary. And so I got there and I said, no, that's not why I mentioned it. I'm very happy to pay. She said, no, Tonight's is complimentary.
Speaker 7: So you said make it an extra large place.
Speaker 1: So I then said, could you upgrade?
Speaker 7: I know you well enough. That was my Damn, I've pinched your punch.
Speaker 1: Let's take a couple of calls thank you wherever you are right around austraight, and I'm sure everybody would have one of that. The point of that is, I think, then if you're polite and if you if you genuinely just kind without being nasty, you know, it comes back to you in so many ways, in ways that are often unimaginable.
Speaker 7: But isn't it Isn't it nice when they know you? I mean, we at the airport when I rock up to work and go through security, and there's always the one coffee place that I go to and they know me and I know them, and it's all really nice and I walk in there and they know straight away what I want and it's just it's lovely when when you can interact with people.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's what it's all about. Kneel. Good morning to you, h.
Speaker 24: Good morning, good morning day. Just a couple of quick ones, guys. They can do.
Speaker 25: They do.
Speaker 24: Inspections of planes at all airport like safety inspections when they land or take up, doesn't matter what.
Speaker 7: There's not.
Speaker 24: Balances when you come in and out of any country.
Speaker 7: There's I mean there are. There are maintenance programs and depending on where you are, there will be engineers, like we have engineers in places like you know, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, whatever, but if you head out to say Newman out in the Pilborough, there's no engineers there. So we do an inspection every flight. We do a pre flight inspection, usually me walks around the airplane from the outside make sure everything looks okay, and then there are various checks that we do on the inside of the aircraft as well. And if we have any issues or any concerns, we will call the head of engineering or the engineering department in Sydney and have a chat with them about what's going on. And if there's something that we can sort out, we sort it out. And if there's something that isn't, the airplane gets grounded and they have to send send an engineer up to to come and sort it out.
Speaker 24: Just going to cover if a fine land.
Speaker 1: Nearly you're going through a drive to as we speak.
Speaker 24: Now just the bat don't coming around him. It's very foggy up.
Speaker 1: Here, foggy outside.
Speaker 24: We're very foggy up in just before Golden probably down a bit.
Speaker 7: Take it easy, yeah.
Speaker 24: Take it travel in the middle rune like in the middle, in the middle of the road.
Speaker 7: Good, not in the line. No, it's going to say, not not in the middle of the road on a on a on a two way road, but just when it's one way on the highway.
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so you've got a bit of real room exactly. Yeah, and just quickly we've seen a lot of obviously did kangaroos and yeah, and it was having to see a lot of bit of deer. Now one rabbits don't get to see any more.
Speaker 1: Rabbits, lots of rabbits, not hardly any rabbits. No rabbits.
Speaker 7: Rabbits do you normally see dead rabbits by the road. I think it's the ones that you would probably see, maybe would be the ones with mix and mitosis because their eyes are affected and they can't see, and so they wander on the road and don't get out of the way.
Speaker 24: I don't assume there's anymore on the road.
Speaker 7: Well maybe because I think you know, there's major issues of feed for the herbivores. And in fact, when you talk about dead kangaroos, I was driving out of the airport in Melbourne just yesterday and then as just literally outside the airport there was a massive, big room unfortunately killed by the side of the road and I thought, gosh, I know when you come out for those that are visiting Melbourne Airport, as you come out of the airport itself, look to the left and there's a massive group of herd flock whatever gaggle of kangaroos up there. So you think, oh, they must be stuffed ones there for the tourists, but no, they're real ones. But this one I wandered onto the road obviously to get some feed, perhaps in the median strip, and didn't make it. But it was a huge gray kangaroo. So yeah, there's there's lots of them out there, unfortunately. But as you say, I wonder whether the foxes are getting to the rabbits quicker than than they can get to the road.
Speaker 24: Yeah, which is worried.
Speaker 13: Them.
Speaker 26: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 24: Parthur and the other game out there.
Speaker 1: And thanks for good on your Niel. Always good to hear from your Stay safe and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 7: See now.
Speaker 1: By Maggie one, thank you. Good morning to you. Margaret.
Speaker 7: Hello tiny hello, Margaret has life in one Thaggie.
Speaker 9: It's very cold. Yes, so bet, I have a question for Nasan. My little doggie died about a month ago.
Speaker 7: Sorry to hear that.
Speaker 9: Well he got He was perfectly healthy, dogs perfect He's nine year old, a little chwo hour Jack Russell. And he went for his walk in the morning and at half past ten he was outside and I went to see him because he's my shadow, and he wasn't near me, and I went to find him and he was like he was in shock, and so I took him to the vet and he was dead three and a quarter hours later. Now he stared from the vet said an infection in his liver that went to the brain.
Speaker 7: Okay, that seems rather quick for that. So he was normal before that.
Speaker 27: Yes, this perfectly.
Speaker 9: Norman ran around, which is you know, wall everything. How would he get that?
Speaker 7: Look? Infections can come about in different ways. And I guess you didn't have him more topsied or anything, did you. That was just suppositioned by the vet. Is that right? Do they do bloods and things at the clinic before he passed away?
Speaker 27: They took the blood?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Okay at first, Well I saw him because he was sort of unconscious, drifting into into the world again and then go unconscious again. And he seemed to stand up on the that table and he lifted his leg his not to work.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, he.
Speaker 9: Moved his leg, and I wondered if if he had been bitten.
Speaker 7: By well, I was wondering, you know when you said that initial given the speed with which it occurred, I would have. And I'm not saying of it was wrong. I mean, they saw your dog. I haven't, but you just wonder something with that speed may well have been a snake bite or something like that. Although in the you know, when it's very cold, of course they're not active. But he may just have been very unlucky and happened to get that way. Or it could be a spider bite or something like that. But when they do go very quickly, that's the sort of thing that you think about, not in your situation, but things like poisonings, that type of thing can also occur very rapidly. But if they've diagnosed that it was a liver infection that went to the brain, I mean, any infections as we get them, they can be inhaled. They can be through the food that we eat when we get gastros and things, or they can go through the blood if we've stepped on a you know, on a rusty nail or something like that. That's how we can develop tetanus, that type of thing. So they're the general ways that they can get an infection. But it's quite possible, excuse me, quite possible that maybe some sort of bite or something. I think that's a reasonable proposition, Margaret. I'm very sorry to hear the outcome.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you've lost your puppy, Margaret.
Speaker 9: The blood test show show a poison.
Speaker 7: They only do they only can indirectly, and it's not like you know, you would think back on CSI, where you can just oh, yeah, you put a drop of blood in a machine that tells you everything that's going on. If you're looking for a poison, you have to specifically look for it. But certainly if they found some problems with his liver in a hurry, then that's probably what they've what they've discovered, and maybe a liver infection that was brewing that blew up quickly over a short period of time and then went to his brain and unfortunately that brought about his demise.
Speaker 1: Just awful because it's a it's a sudden, it's a shock.
Speaker 7: Oh terrible.
Speaker 1: Her thoughts are with you, very very sad. Good I, Nathan, I've been told by my vet six year old spoodle perhaps done an ACL back left leg. Can this repair itself in time or does it need to be operated? We'll do that. The other side of this for those that are waiting, will come to you in just articulate, Nathan, just briefly the six year old spoodle, Yes, with a possible ACL backlift leg repair time operation need Yeah.
Speaker 7: Look, if the ligament has actually snapped, there's no way it won't rejoin. It's like getting two bits of wood and putting them next to each other and they're not going to grow together. So if it is completely torn, then definitely you have to have surgery in order to repair it. If you don't, you're left with an unstable joint, and over a period because the bones not are moving properly with the thigh bone and the shin bone if you like, and not moving properly with respect to each other, then you will end up with wear and tear and arthritis down the track. Definitely, if it is only stretched, if the ligament is stretched, it can repair. If it's partially torn, then it can repair. But yeah, if it's if it's snapped, then definitely the only long term solution really, or the best long term solution is surgery.
Speaker 1: Leo on the road again, Good morning, How was the weekend?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 25: Damn slow?
Speaker 28: Really is about one hundred andy dollars down each day?
Speaker 7: The cold or there's just no events around the place or why is that?
Speaker 1: Leo?
Speaker 25: It's a combination.
Speaker 28: There very few events the cold, of course, but also it is exam.
Speaker 7: Season, oh of course, and.
Speaker 28: A lot of the young people aren't going out. But you find that people go out if there's a birthday or on occasion when it's cold. They don't just say that, look, it looks like a most day, let's go out.
Speaker 7: So maybe next year, next week when the exams are done, hopefully you'll have a bumper weekend.
Speaker 25: Absolutely, I mean, look, this is the time of year.
Speaker 28: You have to expect it. Yes, unfortunately, now question I often see we've got tankers, jet fuel.
Speaker 13: Tankers, sometimes doubles going to the airport.
Speaker 28: Are they picking up for the regionals or will they be just you know, they wouldn't be delivering, would they?
Speaker 7: Yes, they can do. And there is a at most of the big airports, there's actually an underground fuel system. So there's a whole array of pipes and things that go to each of the parking bays, and so the trucks that we see don't actually have fuel in them. They're just pumping trucks, and they just attach the hose to the ground and then up to the wing and then they can pump the fuel up that way. But certainly, depending then you know where the aeroplanes are parked, or if it's going to be the corporate aircraft out the back, then there won't be the underground systems because they're mainly to the terminal that they'll have to have the tankers go out there and do it. Certainly at the outports, we'll have the tankers come up and refuel us from the tankers rather than any underground system. So I think, yeah, it'll just be the aircraft that are away from the terminal and they need to get pumped directly from the tankers.
Speaker 28: Okay, because I see quite a few of them come into the sometimes out.
Speaker 22: Of the airport.
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, it's intriguing. I was wondering why they would be there.
Speaker 7: Yes, well, they certainly do have a big underground fuel system, and then from time to time in different airports there can be problems with them, and doesn't that cause headaches for everybody? But yeah, otherwise, there are plenty of aircraft that park away from the terminal and so they have to be fueled from the tankers. Even the freighters out towards the hangar areas, they have to be refueled from the tankers rather than from the underground system.
Speaker 1: Cool, Thank you, pleasure, LEI are always going to talk, thank you, Billy morning. Tell us about the Vertigg bill.
Speaker 22: I've ad to from. Oh god, there we're blinding Vertigo and I'm trying to find out there to get rid of it. Yeah, wells putably on stematwel but I just don't see. When I was talking to someone on there last night, they said something about crystals and I thought, completely lost if another what I'm talking about?
Speaker 7: Crystal crystals as in as in just sort of having a healing crystal or something that type of thing.
Speaker 22: He said, crystals in the ear actually go along, You've got to go to a physio or.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, there's there's yeah, look, I'm just sort of looking it up here. There's there are depending on the course, because there's a whole bunch of different causes of vertigo, so depending on what what your cause is, then the treatment will be different. But just having a look here, and obviously the stemotyl will make you're getting nausea with it as well? Not really no, okay.
Speaker 22: Started off, it started off with a like a.
Speaker 13: Slosh of the ear, like you had a fluid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Yeah, And then that did the last and a couple of days. And then I said, did very go after that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Did they You've been to the doctor with it? Obviously, yes, I have you and they've had a look at your ear and there's no sort of fluid hiding behind the ear drum or anything.
Speaker 22: No, he's checked out, he records no infection or anything. But it's just he said, do you think about it two or three days stematol?
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 22: And then I was talking to somebody is a day and they recond.
Speaker 7: The physiotherapist, Well, it depends, yeah, it really again depends on the cause. Probably the most common and why your doctor gave you the stemtal and stemotyl is an anti nausea drug. I mean, I'm not a people doctor, of course, but you know, we use those similar medications on animals. But then there are other things there are if it continues on, there are exercises and things you can do. And I'm just looking here. They're talking about an Eppley maneuver and they say they used to treat a particular type of vertigo by repositioning the calcium crystals in the inner ear. So maybe is that the crystal thing that they were talking about.
Speaker 22: Perhaps I'm very similar.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so that you know, you would need to go to a physio where I guess for that, and they can give you those sort of exercises or maneuvers. But the important thing is if it continues and you know, head back to the doctor and let them find out what the what the cause of the vertigo is, because vertigo isn't a disease on its own, it's a symptom of something else. So if it was an inner ear infection or something that's caused it, well, if that settles down, then that'll be the end of it. But you know, they just need to make sure there's nothing else. Make sure there's nothing else going on.
Speaker 22: You advice that. Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Now, Pleasure, well good luck. Let us know how you get.
Speaker 1: On, Billy, look after yourself. Thank you very much, Pleasure will say, Bill's in. Jimmy, you got another quick question?
Speaker 18: Yeah, Tony, Nathan sad hearing about that lady's dog. And yes, anyway, the reason I asked you before, Nathan about possums been vegetarians on a wild back. There's always a few channels that have animal documentaries or someone narrating about possums, And he said, did you know the possums resistant to snake venom? And then later I saw a possum with its front walls eating a snake head first, which I feel very puzzled.
Speaker 7: I can't say as I've heard of such a thing. Let let Tony fill in for am here and I'll consult the oracle.
Speaker 1: We will, we'll find out the other side of this on Australia overnight. Thank you, Jimmy. Oh yeah, I gotta laugh. There's a great text who ends in nine to five zero, who's sent some very very funny texts. You and I giggle but we can't read on there, but they're just fantastic. Thank you for that. Did you do some inquiry?
Speaker 7: Look some inquiring and it says Australian possums, while not immune, have a degree of resistance to snake venom, particularly from certain species, due to a protein in their blood. And in fact, there's a project going on to see whether or not they can be harvested and whether or not it can be used by us to for us to develop a resistance to a snake bite as well. So yeah, so they are resistant, not immune, and it depends on the different type of snake as to whether or not they they are resistant to the snake bites.
Speaker 1: On the peninsula. Hello Heather, Hello, good morning. Which part of the peninsula are you.
Speaker 7: Pennington? Can't you read Tony?
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 29: I've got a cat that's nineteen years old, Yes, and she's got apparently thyroid problems.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's very common.
Speaker 29: Her on demand is that, and it does happen. She gets hungry quite a bit. Yes, what does a thoroid do? And I've actually got half a thoroid as well, so we're the same as animals.
Speaker 30: We do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we have thorroid dishes and in fact the medications are the same. A lot of older cats get a condition called hyper thyroidism, where the thyroid becomes too active and the thyroid gland is involved in metabolism. So when you get a very active thyroid gland, what happens is that the body's metabolism goes up. So we find that they become quite active, and in fact what happens is that they burn up their food a lot quicker. So one of the things that we'll see in particularly in the older cats, is that they eat like there's no tomorrow, but they still lose weight exactly.
Speaker 29: And that's what's happened yep.
Speaker 7: So the good news for that is there is a treatment and there are tablets that you can give or I made a discovery. I had a cat with hyper thyroidism, and in fact there's a relatively new product whose name Escapes me, but your vett will know it. And it's a liquid and it's honey based, so they actually quite like it. And all you do is draw up the appropriate amount in a syringe and squirt it down their mouth and it helps to slow down the thyroid and you'll find that that should make a difference. Now you'll need to get some regular blood tests through your vet to make sure that the levels of the thyroid hormone are within the parameters, and so there's a little bit of experimentation required to get the right dose. But it is it is, yeah, oh no, And it's not just a fixed dose. It really depends how high the thyroid level is. And then you know, you just keep titrating the dose of this product. The beauty of the liquid as opposed to a tablet as well, is you can adjust the dose very very acutely and so a very fine tuneit. And so that way you're going to get the right dose to keep your cat's thyroid levels in between the low and the high range of normal. There are surgeries and things with a nineteen year old cat unless the tablets and things no no, so, and that's and heart murmurs can be associated with hyperthyroidism as well, So it's all part of it. But your head around to your vet, get a blood test, it's very straightforward, and then get put onto one, get your cat put on one of the medications, and then you'll go in on a fairly regular basis, initially just to make sure that you don't give it too much and you end up with too low thorroid hormone. But once you get the dose sorted out, then hopefully you'll keep your kiddy going for a for a while longer.
Speaker 1: Let's hope that's the case. Here the thank you for being part of the program. Sorry, you've got the Pennington as opposed to the Peninsula. Hello Meggie, good morning.
Speaker 31: I'm met, Good morning Tony, and hello Meggie. Yeah I tuned in later. They're say, you've already spoken about Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The bottom line is we don't know yet, and there's certain speculations about various things. There are lots of theories going around. We'll wait till we get all the data and then we'll have the definitive answer, and hopefully it's sooner rather than later for the sake of everyone.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 31: No, so okay, we'll leave that one alone. I do have a question. Yes, you Nathan as a veterinarian essentially an animal doctor.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 31: Yeah, but so many similarities. Yes, well, we humans are animals too.
Speaker 7: And some more than others, Maggie.
Speaker 31: We are the highest daughter of the animal.
Speaker 7: It depends depends who you're talking to.
Speaker 31: No, no, But how transferable are your skills as a veterinarian and adaptable and even perhaps in the case of an emergency when you have to address.
Speaker 25: An issue with.
Speaker 7: Human Look, there are there have been, sorry Maggie, that there have been instances over the years where vets have gone in and helped out and done all sorts of things when they've needed to. There are great similarities with you know, amongst all mammals as far as you know, body organ and functions and things. There are definite differences between as well, particularly things like metabolism and you know, like we always say, cats are not little little dogs. They can be quite different with various things. But I think one of the more recent instances of vets being able to do something to help with people was the rescue in the cave of the Thai soccer team that there were there was a doctor of course, an anesetus extraordinary yes, and a fellow with whom I've become quite friendly, Craig Challon, And he's a vet and he was in there as well, and he's a cave diver and that was his expertise that that helped along, and so he was involved also in the in the rescue of the boys from the cave. So yeah, when we have to, we do what we need to do. And certainly first aid wise, yeah, you know, most of the first aid things that one would be able to do, we can, we can do.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting point, Maggie raises, though, isn't it the King of the Jungle? We always because of the line, you know, the theories and storylines, the portrayal of say the lion being the king of the jungle. Yes, how does it translate into the human condition.
Speaker 7: Well, we can still shoot lines, can't we. So I think that's a pretty tenuous title. Look, I think a lot of the King of the Jungle stuff comes about a because you know, the mains of the male line a bit like you know, very regal and a bit like a crown. And in fact, the lions don't really live in the jungle, do they. Tigers are more jungle dwellers, whereas lines are more out in the in the planes and in the bush. But they are the top of the food chain, if you like, in that ecosystem. But unfortunately, once you stick people into it, we have the wherewithal to clob or anything. So yeah, I guess we club are in a well, yes, to use the technical term, yeah, so we.
Speaker 1: Have the ability to we do too tasty you know that? Are you talking about the junior association football team that yes, for fifteen days?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you know that was in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 7: Oh really seven years ago. I remember at the time, and Craig I've forgot his partner's name, but the doctor. How terrible of me, But anyway, Craig was involved in all of that, and I had the pleasure of meeting him down the track and he actually has a pilot's license and helicopter license and owns an aircraft. So he's a very very impressive fellow. And you talking to them about, you know, how it all went and what they decided that they needed to do, and of course Elon Musk got involved and said that, you know, they had to use this capsule that he developed, and then away there are a million reasons why it wasn't going to work. But I asked Craig, I said, well, what was what would you have done if this wasn't going to work? And he said there wasn't a plan B. There was just nothing, nothing, And what a wonderful story. Said, they didn't know till the end of the first day whether any of the boys had got out because they weren't in communication in the cave. And it's only at the end of the first day that they found out that they'd all survived. And what a wonderful, wonderful story. I believe the coach has subsequently passed away, which is which is a bit sad.
Speaker 1: You'd have to say by definition and history will tell different. That was a great degree. There was a miracle. Really, Oh, it was a miracle.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Lodge were way against.
Speaker 7: Oh and you know, they went way out, they thought way out, way outside the square as to what they needed to do and what they could do, and all of the other theories of you know, trying to put a shaft down there to get them out, and that was never going to happen. And as I say, Elon Musk came up with this tube and as they said, you know these boys were not swimmers and so they and because they had to take them over rocks and around and down. I mean, a solid structure was never going to work, so they had to just have them relaxed and anesthetize so that they could lift them and carry them and bend them and move them through. So what an extraordinary story. And of course there was the Navy seal diver, the Thai diver who passed away because they were open water divers and of course this was caves and it was quite different, but risked his life and unfortunately passed away in trying to trying to rescue the boys.
Speaker 1: Mark in Slovakia will come to you next. It's all part of Australia. Even I had good morning, Good morning Tony and Nathan. I have milk thistle capsules. Wife took to was stopped due to their blood thinning effect, So I wonder if they may be effective on the dogs. Especially is Christa who had a life threatening hepatitis of the liver seven years ago. He's now aged thirteen. You check he's alt levels.
Speaker 7: LT levels, one of the one of the enzymes that's produced in the liver. I'm just having a look there are certainly milk thistle supplements for dogs. Is it going to help with hepatitis? I wouldn't think so, because it's hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver, and blood thinning is blood thinning. But certainly do a little bit of research before you do any of these things, because a lot of the natural therapies, just because they're natural doesn't necessarily mean that they're good. I'm not saying they're bad, but you just need to be careful because with certain conditions, certain medications or certain natural therapies are the wrong thing to give. But yeah, just their milk thistle is safe for dogs, providing that everything else is okay, And then just have a chat to your vet. I think is best if your dog has hepatitis, and just see whether milk thistle is something that can be added to the regime. I talk about all these things has been complementary medicine, so added to other things rather than instead of So, yeah, have a word with your vet and see if it's going to be appropriate for your little dog.
Speaker 1: I think Jerill quickly always uses that expression to its complementary yes, and that one shouldn't be discarded for the.
Speaker 7: Exactly, And that's exactly. And I think, you know, sometimes Western medicine poopo a lot of the natural therapies and vice versa. And I keep an open mind with these things. And there are certainly plenty of natural therapies that can be of use, but they need to be used in conjunction with other treatments that might be prescribed by medical professionals, and that way, hopefully you get a better outcome, whatever your condition or your pets condition may be.
Speaker 1: We're we off two Tello, Dave.
Speaker 32: Yeah, good morning, Jeans, Nathan. Just think about I'm talking aviation. I'm an expert in any sense of the word, but I am an enthusiast. The thing that's really annoying me irkingly about this air in their crash and all that sort of stuff and several others that have happened, it's just that I look at YouTube a lot and people come out within an hour, Yeah, yeah, this is what happened.
Speaker 26: Yeah, It's like, yeah, it drives me insane.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 32: Yeah, I watch a lot of live streams of aviation channels and stuff, and yeah, people just need to settle down a little bit.
Speaker 7: And it's not helpful, is it. It's just not helpful at all. And you know, wait for the data, wait for the evidence, and of course we want answers, and that's only natural. And I just think, you know, put we see a couple of things on a video and then all of a sudden, everybody's jumping to conclusion. So certainly there are a few theories out there, and that's okay. You can postulate about things. That's not a problem as long as you understand that it's only a possibility and not the definitive answer. But if you're wanting a definitive answer, we just have to wait till we get the data. And we will have the data and we will know. And it's important for the families, and it's also important for the industry to make sure that it's not something that needs to be addressed because it could potentially be a problem with other aircraft. And therefore it's important for the whole traveling public to make sure that we get the right answer and get to the bottom of it, and hopefully we will have some answers fairly quickly. But you're quite right, and some of these so called experts, I mean, well, I always joke X is an unknown quantity and a spurts a drip under pressure. It's just not helpful when people come up with the I know what's gone on type of scenario and it's just spare me.
Speaker 1: But that is Dave, thank you for the great call. Yes, that is the idea of this thing called social media, as I like to call it anti social media.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty much where everybody flinging in their two cents yes, which is not even worth that much. No, and what and the bit that I really don't like in general is the anonymity. Like, if you're prepared to say something, put your hand up and say this is me who's saying it. But when people can hide behind a monica that you know, they can say the most outrageous things. And we're seeing, you know, all of the problems with bullying in schools and things like that. It really because if you put your name to it, people all of a sudden they are going to pull their heads in a little bit. I feel, because you know, if someone knows who you are, you're not going to say some of the outrageous things that people say.
Speaker 1: You and I should jump on a plane and go to Slovakia.
Speaker 7: Well, Mark can be waiting for us, and he's going to give us the royal tour, aren't you.
Speaker 33: Oh yeah, let's do it, okay, full Sunday afternoon, and it's probably thirty degrees oh stop, And unusually, unusually, we have a blue sky that's not full of chemtrails or contrails as you might like to get all them.
Speaker 7: I find it amusing. Did you see the one of the states in America has banned chemtrails? Right, okay, which don't exist anyway, it's another story.
Speaker 33: Well, yes, I have a feeling that maybe they do. But but yeah, because some days it's the sky well most days, yeah, it's no blue sky here at all.
Speaker 7: It depends. It depends on the atmospheric conditions as to whether or not the ice crystals hang around, or whether they disperse or whatever. But anyway, it's nice to know that they're somewhere in the world's at thirty degrees because it's sure ain't down here, that's for sure.
Speaker 33: No, it's that time year, but it's cool. We've had a very late start to the summer season sort of. This week is the first week where we've been over I don't know, twenty.
Speaker 7: Okay, So it's good.
Speaker 33: Everyone's out on their bikes. I can see beautiful.
Speaker 7: I just want to question. I want to ask you a question, just very briefly, Mark, just on behalf of Tony, because we need to know. Do they have macas over there in Slovakia so Tony can get his latte with the double shot and half of sugar.
Speaker 33: Unfortunately, Yeah, we've got two of them.
Speaker 7: Fair enough.
Speaker 33: I think I think they're going to pull out because they're just not popular.
Speaker 34: It hasn't worked yet excellent.
Speaker 33: I don't know. I think that's just I don't know. I think people are a bit more healthy here. I see macs drive through. I go pass here on my way home many times per day, and you never see a car there. It just it's so quiet that place. It's had a big, big shopping center, kind of like our version of Fountain Gate. Yep, that's my local one place there, but it's just so quiet.
Speaker 1: Mark, say that we've got to do this. I promise you, Mark, don't go away. We're going to talk to you worthy other side. It is Australia overnight. Wherever you are right around Australia will be joined by the listeners in way the other side of the news. If you'd like to be part of it too, you can jump on board. We'll go back to Slovakia in just a tick as well. It is Australia Overnight morning.
Speaker 3: Now, this is Australia Overnights with Tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Harvey Deacon and the great team there at six PR have left us. Will Harvey's left us. He's been looking up to the program and they are now listeners that join us Astralia Overnight. Wherever you are, whether you be at six PR in Perth, three AW here in Melbourne, we love you the good people at five Double A and Adelaide the ACE Radio net work. The first voice you hear after this will be that of Nation Nathan Kosh.
Speaker 7: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 1: That's it se I mean a great ad liver.
Speaker 8: It's so.
Speaker 1: If you would like to join us. For those that don't know in w A, Nathan Kosh is a vet and a Quantus pilot. So we call this segment Pets and Jets. Jets and Pets. If you have a question to do with maybe a much love animal in your family, you're more than welcome to join us as well. Just prior to we were talking to Mark in Slovakia where did we get up to mark.
Speaker 33: I don't know. I think well, I had a question about some cats. Yes, go for it, a very simple one. Over here in our water supply, we seem to have a lot of line scale. Yes, so you know that kettle.
Speaker 34: Is just white? Yes, yes, fast tarb and shower and light's white.
Speaker 33: Should I Can I give my cats distilled water? Or was it better with filtered water?
Speaker 7: Filtered water would be better. Distilled water sort of gets rid of everything, whereas filtered water just gets rid of all those excess minerals. So yeah, I think if you've got a water filter at home, then just use the filtered water for your cats, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 33: Well I don't have one, but I want to buy one. But probably good for the liver and the internals if you don't run that stuff through their tiny little organs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well that's right. And I think you still want some bits and pieces in the water. And there are other minerals and things that we have in our water as well, but not when it's got that much calcium, presumably in the water over there. If you can reduce some of that, well that would be a good thing and must be very annoying when you've got your bathtub caked in it, and your kettles and all the rest.
Speaker 33: Of it never ending. It's never any clean jobs. So more and more chemicals into the the drainage. Yes, I guess where everyone's cleaning. Is there any other liquids and things that you should you could recommend that you give the cat for a healthy, longer life.
Speaker 7: No, water is fine. The whole thing with milk, I mean there is if you think about it, in the wild, there is no cat that drinks cow's milk. There is nothing that drinks cow's milk except calves, and it's just become a thing that humans drink cow's milk, but there's absolutely nothing required in it. And of course around the dairies when the cat's there to keep the mice away in that type of thing, that you just pull a bit of milk out of the bat and give it to the cat, and that's okay. Some are lactose intolerant, and there are pet milks that are out there that are lactose free and that kind of thing, but there's nothing magical in them. And in fact, we are the only species that drink milk after weaning. Every other species the young and drinks milk. They become weaned and then they never touch it again. So no water is as good as anything else. There's no other other magic liquids, and there should always be free access to water. Cats are essentially desert animals, so they are very good at conserving their body water, so you'll find they don't drink heaps and heaps like dogs, of course, and so but they should always just have a bowl of clean fresh water available if they feel thirsty.
Speaker 33: It does seem, you know, on a super hot day, they really don't drink much. As she says, I keep putting the bottle right where they're sleeping out under the tree, and they don't touch it. They're happy. That's what about eggs, Chicken eggs.
Speaker 7: Chicken eggs are.
Speaker 33: Fine, healthy aspect of them.
Speaker 7: They're fine. The only thing you should do is lightly cook them or cook them. Don't give it to them raw, really, because there is a protein in it called eviden which binds to a vitamin called biotin, and so if you give them raw eggs, they can end up with a bit of a deficiency. Once you cook it, a denatures that protein. So when you think about it, the egg is basically a building kit for a chicken. So everything that's there because that you know, nothing else comes into the egg once it's laid, so that that's the whole, the whole product of a of a chicken. So it should be all in the right proportions. It's all very good of course for us. For years they said, oh no, don't need eggs, and now all of a sudden they're back to saying, you know, eggs, eggs are fine, that kind of thing. So yeah, if you're going to give them eggs, don't give it to them raw. Just cook it and then they're fine with it, not a problem.
Speaker 33: Would you say that the yolk or the album is better.
Speaker 7: Or no, it doesn't matter the whole just give them the lot. The yolk is the food.
Speaker 33: Would you say once a week, there's.
Speaker 7: Nothing magical in it. But if you want to give them one once a week, then that's fine. Why not. If they like it, yeah, go for it, but cook it, don't.
Speaker 1: Give it to them all.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mark, we just have a quick question during the news we're talking about McDonald's McDonald's in Slovakia or like they're wrong. We just had a question. Do they do much promotion advertising. You said, you go past a couple of stores, you don't see activity, you reckon there's only a couple in your precinct.
Speaker 33: Yeah, but look, I'm totally out of touch with any media here because they don't understand it.
Speaker 1: I don't listen, So no great marketing that you're aware of for because I'm just thinking, is there an opportunity Mark to grab a couple of the franchises there in Slovakia?
Speaker 33: Yeah, I honestly don't know. I'm so out of touch with the media here because the sinners just don't understand a word of it. I've never learned the language. Been here sixteen years.
Speaker 7: And you haven't learned. I don't know who have you got there that translates for you?
Speaker 33: My work is I have thirty people working for me, right, but no, just all my life is business, so everything we do is outside of Slovakia, so I've never needed to learn it. It's my own. I'm sort of a bit embarrassed, but I definitely get by.
Speaker 7: That's that's impressive. I would have thought that you know at least some of the basics, like you know, bathrooms and bits and pieces would be handy to know. You probably can do that.
Speaker 33: Can't you the absolute basics? Yes, but it is it's embarrassingly low. It's a complicated language.
Speaker 7: So how did you end up over there?
Speaker 33: I made the biggest mistake in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's not because you'll be interested to know the thirtieth anniversary of McDonald's and Slovakia is coming up. It opened the first one in ninety five, Banska Bistrika follow by the original terms.
Speaker 33: It's the center of the city, center of the country.
Speaker 7: Can speak it.
Speaker 1: With the Bratislava eventually becoming the main focus.
Speaker 33: How they're around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you'll be pleased to know that they just announced a big expansion there.
Speaker 13: Yes, I'll be thrilled.
Speaker 33: It going to be very very small outlets, you know, I just sort of dotting the round like we have Starbucks here, but they're very very small outlets. Okay, so I guess they just try and course, yes, very very competitive in the coffee cafes and you know, little eateries and stuff like that. So if McDonald's just a little bit struggle on here, yes.
Speaker 1: Well it will take your word for it.
Speaker 7: I mean, isn't it isn't that much nicer to go to a nice little cafe somewhere or other that's sort of run by people, you know, rather than the formula.
Speaker 1: There is that, but you know, thank you Mark. You and I were talking about during the news. When you look at the training that young people have, yes, at McDonald's still's Worldwide, Yes, millions of young kids have learned about hospitality, they've learned about systems. Yes, they've learned about heightened levels of service. Yes, the sunctuality, punctuality, the things that they get as part of that training at fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen years of age. Yes, true is award winning.
Speaker 7: True, and many any a person that's gone on to make a wonderful career there. And in fact, as we discussed before, there was an Australian person who went on to become the head of McDonald's Worldwide. Mister Bell unfortunately no longer.
Speaker 1: With us, but died as a very young age. I think he was only forty four or forty five. Yes, that's passed away, but remember interviewing him once. He was just fantastic, but no longer with us. Put that aside for a moment. It just means that those in those sort of businesses you can do remarkable.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah things, oh yes, and people that got in at the ground level and ended up buying various stores have done extraordinarily well for themselves.
Speaker 1: There's a dear girlfriend who started works in South Australia with a couple of franchise Shelley and two I think now, but started pretty much just as a young worker in the stores. Mary, Hello to you, and there are warrant morning.
Speaker 21: Hi, hi, hi nas and please yes. I heard on the three a W News just gone by that the Animal Protection people want adoptees for cats and dogs. But I have been trying to adopt the dog for two years. Twelve months ago I had to put my dog down, but tried to no a pep for myself and for a partner, you know, like a friend for myself that I did have, and I haven't been able to get one. Now. I've been to four different animal shelters Karsborough, tears Down, Frey.
Speaker 15: And Boom and bir Wood.
Speaker 21: Two of them had dogs running around in the ends and I said, oh how much is that? Oh that one the staff just bought it. There was another one in another shelter and I said, I'd like to purchase that one. I know when it's better, because it had a cone on its head. When it's better, it will be adopted by one of the staff. Now I've got no internet, no line in touch with me online? Okay, and won't I won't accept my phone contact number?
Speaker 7: Oh good grief, I.
Speaker 21: Am so so annoyed. Yes, in the end, I said to them, Look, as much as I disagree with backyard breeders, I wish they were still around.
Speaker 7: Well, sadly I could pick up.
Speaker 21: The Weekly Times and find it for myself. I'm eighty years old. Whether they're holding me responsible for my age that I wouldn't be a good parent.
Speaker 7: I would hope that's not the case. But certainly you sound very with it, and I'm sure that you wouldn't want to pet unless you were going to be able to look after it.
Speaker 1: What are the options you think, Well.
Speaker 7: One of the other options is if you have a particular breed in mind, you can intact you're in Victoria, so the Victorian Canine Association and they will put you on to the Every breed has their own club, but it you know, sort of from Chiuaha to Labrador to Great Day and to everything in between. And generally now most of those breed societies have rescue services as well, so you might be able to find a dog that's, you know, for whatever reason, has ended up without a home and they're fostered out in the meantime, and you might be able to go that way rather than going through one of the actual rescue services.
Speaker 1: There's a place in Perth. Thank you very much for you call Mary. There's a place in Perth Shendon Park, Bilm Shelter and I did a bit of comparing and hosting and fundraising events for them for many many years. A great place, but I was always mesmerized where you go there and people go, oh, and you walk past all these beautiful dogs and oh that's the one for us, Yes, And the relationship you have just looking at these dogs through the other side of a age almost.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a I can't think of the name of. There's a program on Channel ten where they basically do that. They go into shelters and they're finding they're finding owners and matching them with their pets. And that's a beautiful thing when you go there and for some reason the particular animals takes your fancy and you know they some people say they choose you, you don't choose them. But either way that you end up leaving with hopefully a pet that's going to cat or anything really that's going to give you a lot of joy in your life. And that's the whole reason we have them. And if they're going to be a hassle, then you're better off without. But you know, we get them to enhance our lifestyle and for many lonely people having a pets just a fantastic thing, having something living to come home to.
Speaker 1: I told you we went in board some of that Magpie. Yes, yes, it's fantastic. Little Maggie's now going crazy each every afternoon. Put that to side. They also had on display in this thing I think it's just called pet shop, Big pet shop store is what it's called, Big pet peto massive store until you were said gunfighted in there the first which we did. So the point of that story is that they were also on that particular weekend they had some cats that were available to yes to home to home, which I thought was a great idea. And there was just these beautiful and there's kids there looking at them and playing in touching them, and was just fantastic. Yes to have that sort of system in place at a place like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're just like I'm always a little I'm not saying in this particular situation, but always a little bit wary about buying pets from pet stores.
Speaker 1: There wasn't a purchase, it was just these they look oh okay, they're looking to get rid of them.
Speaker 7: They okay they were so they were austras.
Speaker 1: Or Australia I pre well loved, let's call them pre preloved.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well that's that's a different story because there were for a long time the pet shops that would just order puppies from the puppy breeders and the other thing that we found in those situations because the smaller they are, the cuter they are, and the more likely they are to be able to find homes. And we would get them to vet check when they come straight from the pet shop, and you can see that the teeth, the baby teeth hadn't even interrupted yet, and they were way too young to take away from the mother. But because they're small and they're cute, and because the longer that they were kept before they were sent to the stores, this should have been regulous money. Well, that's the whole thing, isn't it. Well, there are I think that's all stopped now and most of the puppy farms have disappeared, but there are still some around that really should be closed up. But anyway, I think you know, just as long as you buy any animal from a reputable sauce, then hopefully you're going to have a fabulous pet that's going to be with you for many years.
Speaker 1: If you ring through now, you'll get on straightaway. Come and joined us one double three six nine three. Anything to do with our pets and or jet sword, just general conversation as we do on a Monday when Nathan gosh, she's here in the studio with us one double three six nine three. I'm Tony McManus for Australia Overnight. Let's ask the audience because I saw this in the paper of the weekend. It was a cracking and we had to think about it for about ninety seconds and eventually arrived at it. But it was a trick question. It was a lovely question. What is I got it, You've got.
Speaker 7: It, I got it, but I'm no day Yeah, what is in the AFL competition?
Speaker 1: What's the one side? The only side? That has a nickname that doesn't end with the letter S. Think about that for a moment and then go and make yourself a capitee Silvano in Clyde.
Speaker 18: Good morning, cup of tea, just having my first one at Clyde.
Speaker 30: I'm a proper farmer. I'm the Italian Marima sheep dog man of the Southeast of Australia.
Speaker 7: Oh fantastic. For those that don't know, people may remember there was a wonderful movie with Shane Jacobson a few years back called odd Ball.
Speaker 30: A wonderful movie and leading actor possibly one of the most wonderful men on this planet.
Speaker 7: Chain yes, a lovely guy by all accounts, And it was about a colony of penguin's Warnerable Way that were getting taken by foxes. I think they were swimming out to the little island and taking the penguins. And then they came up with the idea that because they're an Italian sheep dog, aren't they.
Speaker 30: Ozzie born Italians like me?
Speaker 7: Yes, there you go, so do they bark with an Australian accent all the time? Matey. That's the trumple Listen.
Speaker 30: To me, people listen to me, and people also meet me and they say, get out of here. You're not Italian. You look as oddly as they come. And I'll say, well, does that mean that I'm part of the energy mob in w A? Because you know, yes, I am an honor remember of the energy mob in w A. But that's another story. May I just get on with a couple of points, and may I call you cotchy?
Speaker 7: You can call me whatever you like. Just don't call me late for dinner now.
Speaker 30: I wouldn't do that. Make you're welcome for a cafe Silvano Soprano cafe any time you want, excellent and I do make the best ones. I really do.
Speaker 25: I'll bet you even better than Starbucks.
Speaker 30: But necessary Starbucks are a necessary part of this planet.
Speaker 1: So if you but if you go in a new order coffee? Now, what would be your coffee of choice?
Speaker 30: You mean at my farm?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Anywhere you're thinking I'm going to have a coffee. What is it you asked for?
Speaker 30: Oh look, I'm a bit of a Italians generally would reckon. I'm disgusting. I actually if I mean a cafe, This company on myself.
Speaker 22: Sometimes myself is the best company.
Speaker 25: We all understand each other that indeed, especially in the early hours when we've had two or three hours sleep.
Speaker 30: It's a wonderful clear time of the day, guys and ladies out there, also in everybody out there listening in, I will go, please forgive me. Italians are latter large latter with honey.
Speaker 7: Honey.
Speaker 1: Wow, I can't.
Speaker 30: Stand honey on toast. I send honey on toast and crumpets. I have other items I go there, But guys, I go for a large latter with honey. I know, I don't know why I love honey in any liquids. Right, Yeah, So guys, let's just go quick to Starbucks US and you know you brought it. It came up early, and it's very very interesting, like just about everything goes on in three a w now, US and China. I was in China recently. US and China. They can carry on with their theatrical division game. To tell you, Starbucks won city one enormous city in China. I got told by locals there's six hundred Starbucks in this Like China is bigger than we know. And there until you get there and you see in the daytime, like landing in New Zealand over the West coast of the North or South Island, well maybe South Island, and you go over that mountain range it's on the west coast, and you have to do it in the daylight, I'll tell you, because worth more than etiquet. And you look down and as you go over the top and you look at the eastern side of those blat mountain range, you see the braided rivers which are ice.
Speaker 7: Blue, magnificent.
Speaker 30: Count that's a site. That's a site I've flown over the Himalayas. My family name is Traverse, So that's akin to traveling guys to fly out of that western mountain range on the South Island of New Zealand. It's a miracle in your life, a change, it's life changing for the better. And the rivers, the braided rivers, it's just so amazing.
Speaker 16: Back to China, U s can carry on with their division.
Speaker 30: But one city alone that I that I frequented in in China.
Speaker 12: Six hundred Starbucks.
Speaker 30: So you know they do get along behind the curtain, behind the theatrical curtain.
Speaker 7: Oh they do. And then I'm sure there's heaps of maccas and all the rest of it going on over there as well.
Speaker 30: And China, hayworld, China is okay. Just go there, be yourself, don't be smart alec. China is okay. The locals, yes, they have problems internally and your country only Eve has internal problem issues.
Speaker 7: And you know what they call Chinese food over there?
Speaker 1: Please tell me food?
Speaker 13: Did you say?
Speaker 18: You say what the food?
Speaker 1: Food? So what do they call Chinese food in China?
Speaker 13: Food?
Speaker 18: Listen?
Speaker 25: I get told off.
Speaker 30: I as a farmer and I do a little bit of outside contracting to keep my life going because you know, things are reasonably tough, but you can still make ago in this country. I can tell you because I've been here seventy years plus. I'm more in naussy than most people. They can call me whatever they like as a nickname or as in carrying on?
Speaker 1: Where are you from? Where are you from? Silvanna, where'd you grow up?
Speaker 30: I'm born in Oakley.
Speaker 1: And then with the family originate.
Speaker 30: Mum and Dad come out in fifty one.
Speaker 1: From where from where?
Speaker 30: After Northern Italy and Italy being well smashed in all these planned wars well smashed. Yes, Mum and Dad come out in fifty one to help build the country, develop the country. Australia and to grow a family. And guess what, guys they've passed away and they were successful in.
Speaker 7: Both well done, Now quickly, just quickly.
Speaker 18: Raw eggs.
Speaker 13: Yes, great, you've brought that up.
Speaker 30: And that's call about the cat and the eggs and new doctor Kochi saying about that item, that protein in the egg. When I was a kid, Dad and I used to suck raw eggs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's it's different different for us. And if you don't have two men, any of them, because you know, we're big and so one egg's not going to sort of suck all the byton out of us. But when you're talking about a little cat, then obviously it proportionally it's much it's much greater. So we just need to be a little bit careful. You just like to cook them. You don't have to hard boil them or anything. But if you just sort of whack them on the pan or lightly boil them, as long as you're just sort of denature that protein, then you're not going to have any problems with the raw eggs. Look, the occasional one won't do any harm, but if you want to give and give it to them regularly, then it must much better. To be cooked. Great, cool, Thank you, and you're very you're very awake for this hour of the morning, Sylvana.
Speaker 1: Awake out. You made some beautiful eggs yesterday for breakfast for a few people that came red for a brunch.
Speaker 7: Where do you get your eggs? Are these straw water? You have a secret?
Speaker 1: They came from that particular bunch. Came from a beautiful butcher's shop.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, we drove out there.
Speaker 1: To the Tudan butcher's shop on a Saturday morning. You cannot move in the place. And they were gorgeous, excellent, and they've got that lovely color in them. Yes, there's almost a bit more sunshine. Yes, yeah. Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: Well, because they well, they put all sorts of supplements into commercial eggs in order to change the color of the yolk and that type of thing. So okay, I didn't tell you anything. Now, can we just rewind for a little moment. See, I'll change the topics. I won't upset you. I don't upset you. Mary rang earlier about where she can get a dog, and I suggested the Victorian Canine Association, which is now called Dog's Victoria. And if you're still listening, Mary, because you said you don't have access to the internet. Their phone number is nine seven double eight two five double zero. So nine seven double eight two five double zero. And as I say, if you have a particular breed that you have in mind, then they'll put you onto the Breed Society and hopefully they'll be able to put you in touch with their rescue division and you might be able to find yourself the little doggie that you dearly want to have.
Speaker 1: But if you miss that number, if you ring back jail, pass that number on to you. I asked the question, which of the AFL sides has a nick name that doesn't end with the letter S S for Sierra, S for Sierra. Did you get it?
Speaker 7: I think I did?
Speaker 1: Okay, hashtag discuss the other side of this V eight engine Jeury, that V eight engine electric motor and electric motor producing five hundred and seventy five killer ons madness. Well, yes, probably, but what a lot of fun. Have a listen to this zero to the old V eights but zero to one hundred just over three seconds.
Speaker 7: Two point six ton car they and we are talking about.
Speaker 1: The Bentley Bentley Is it a spur now that you've got me thinking about that.
Speaker 7: Was it the bitly Spur I'm not sure, but Jeremy Clarkson's written an article about the Bentley.
Speaker 1: Was in the Australian magazine of the weekend. Debbie in Ashwood, Good morning, Debbie, Lanny, we're really well. Say hello to Nathan Kosh.
Speaker 7: Hello, Debbie.
Speaker 27: Hi, Na, I'm won the all colored sure doggal No diet.
Speaker 7: No, No shock collars. No, no, they they were around. They're they're definitely illegal. Now, if you have issues with barking dogs and things, there are citronella collars. They have a little charge of citronella, which is a citrus obviously based odor, and when it barks that these things give a little squirt and the idea is to put the dog off, the off the barking. But no, the shock collars definitely definitely illegal. I'm sure probably through the black market. They can be purchased, but no, there's no benefit to them. And they're Yeah, it's it's correct that they should be banned because they there's nothing good about them.
Speaker 20: Yes, I mean to know, twins got them, come them?
Speaker 7: Yes, you tell them that they are illegal and they shouldn't use them because you know they're not good for the dog, and yeah, we've got we've got different things and better things. We don't need to be cruel like zapping them with a with a shot of electricity. So tell them, tell them the right thing. You're telling them the right thing, Debbie, than.
Speaker 1: Pleasure Derby, and thank you for ringing through. It's interesting that people would still consider that as an option.
Speaker 7: Look, there's all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff out there, but no, that's that's one that needs to be confined to the annals of history.
Speaker 1: Thank you to the six point million people have run through. The only team that has a nickname a f L team, a nickname that doesn't end in s.
Speaker 7: Yes, power, the Power.
Speaker 1: All the rest have eagles, docors, de demons, blues. Look at look at all the text and emails and things. We'll get to these, Sime.
Speaker 35: Hello, Simon, I was just going to say one more on the farm. They bought these two heifers, Yes, and heppers brought up on carfeterials.
Speaker 7: So you've got a muffled line tonight, Simon. What was they were brought up on what surry? Yes, yes, that was they're they're they're sort of how do we describe them. There's stalls or there's barriers where there's a set of sort of nipples across them, and then you just sort of fill up a tank with h with the milk substitute, and then that the calves just feed off them.
Speaker 8: Is that right?
Speaker 35: Yeah, that's correct. And anyway, when Dad and I and one was sucking on one like calve.
Speaker 7: Sorry miss missed the last bit again, so sorry.
Speaker 1: So it's just if you're to hear you at the moment we get your hand over your speaker.
Speaker 35: Or one one was sucking the other one one like calves.
Speaker 7: One was sucking what they just missed it? The other one was the other one. That's not good. I'm not going to get much out of a hef for it hasn't had a calf yet. It's going to be a pretty dry argument.
Speaker 13: Both calves, yes, and.
Speaker 35: Here I am. So they go rod that one.
Speaker 18: Yes, thought it was that one.
Speaker 7: Mistaken identity obviously.
Speaker 1: Simon equally importantly bring us up to day. Did any news Yes?
Speaker 7: No, See Tony got all excited Simon when you said yes, and his ears pricked up.
Speaker 1: And then Simon, Simon, give the audience something. I don't care. It's the audience. That's interested.
Speaker 35: I'm just telling you he's not far away, not.
Speaker 7: Far away and testy.
Speaker 1: So have you announced the date yet for the nuptials?
Speaker 35: Yes, no, not yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, this has been going for eighteen months.
Speaker 7: You're driving Tony crazy. You know that, Simon.
Speaker 1: We want to all go out to the airport. That's right, thank you, that's what I do. Good on your side and keep it going. Good on your Robin in Frenchton, good morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning, hello Robin.
Speaker 30: Hello.
Speaker 36: I've got a four month old kitten and for the past week or two, every morning, two through four o'clock in the morning, she's coming in and biting my face and licking and just yeah and sort of locking her out. I don't really want to do that because she's a baby.
Speaker 31: Why is she doing her book?
Speaker 7: And she's doing it now as cats are nocturnal, so it is it is quite normal cat behavior for her to be active at night. And obviously she'd like to play and she wants some attention, so she's coming up and waking you up and grabbing attention. So I think, look, it's it's okay for you to leave her locked out of your room. Obviously you've got to sleep as long as she's got her nice bed somewhere or other that she's going to be sleeping, and she'll get used to the idea that she can't bother you in the middle of the night, and hopefully you can try keeping her out for a while and then she'll get the idea and then you can try letting her back in and see if she just sort of hops onto the end of the bed and curls up and sleeps with you. But she's just displaying a normal behavior. But in our in our with our lifestyles, obviously it's not a not a desirable because you want to sleep, and yeah, she's just doing what cats do. They're up at night. That's why they have the big eyes that they have, so that they can gather as much light as they can, and then they go hunting in the middle of the night. And she's wanting to do some hunting. It's just part of her instinct. And so she's coming and annoying you. So yeah, I just leave it, leave her locked out for a while and see if you can break that habit. And so she leaves you alone during the night.
Speaker 30: Okay, Well, good luck, thank you, no problem.
Speaker 7: Pleasure Robin.
Speaker 1: Well done you Rob. If you'd like to join the program, you can jump on board one double three six nine three. You get through straight away for all those people too. Sending text through emails emails a bigger partner overnights or would like to send an email overnights at THREEAW dot com dot au and the text line as a full mentioned zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. Oh that was it, thank you? Oh right, excellent, Jay. I thought you were going to do something exciting.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: Really, the first voice you hear when you ring through is that of j who sounds like this, good morning.
Speaker 7: Come on, you don't talk like that.
Speaker 1: No, come on, breakfast time. Yes, there you go, That's what I'm thinking. God, I turning back, Could you asked Nathan, when you're flying you can imagine it would be a concern for me. Yeah, but you're flying around and then you're told her you understand? Or how would you know if there was a sick animal on board?
Speaker 7: Yes, well, we can't get into the cargo hold, so we have no access to that. So if anything's happening, we do certainly carry a whole lot of animals, but I can't get in to the cargo hold. But certainly I have a couple of time. Well, actually once in the terminal and once had a look on an aeroplane dealing with some guide dogs, and one I just sort of had a torn duke law. So I put a little bandage on its foot and the other worn dew law which is like the claw that sits up a little bit higher than the others, and it got caught and the actual nail had come off, so I just sort of pulled that off and popped a little bandage on. And so it was cabin.
Speaker 1: Crew, Is there a vet in the house.
Speaker 7: Oh, as a matter of fact, well no, it was in the terminal, and one of our eagle eyed customer service managers actually had a look and thought, oh, that dog's toe looks a bit funny. And then she saw that the nail was crooked. And I was flying with her, and she said, come and have a look at this, and so we did that. So there I am in the error bridge because the dog was coming with us on the flight, and the owner was there, and there I am on my hands and knee sort of putting a bandage on this dog's foot, and the cleaners are coming past and having a look and going what is going on here? They had no idea, but anyway, all was well in the end. And early on in the piece, we had a guide doog going to Hawaii and the owner was concerned, and so their customer service manager came up, didn't know my background and said, oh, what are we going to do? This person's concerned about their guide dog. And said, oh, and have a look. And she looked at me as if you idiot, what would you know? And then I told him my background, and all of a sudden there was a big smile, and off I went and had a chat to the owner about their guide dog.
Speaker 1: Oh gorgeous. Well, I knew lots of texts coming in. We appreciate the text light, which is fantasy. If you send me a little note, you can do that. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three Do you feel? Do you believe? As Maggie dozen others, Animals often choose their owner.
Speaker 7: Look it seems that way. There are obviously certain personalities that are attuned to each other. And they say that, you know, pets look like their owners, and sometimes it's actually quite hysterical that the pets do look very much like their owners. But I think it's a mutual decision. And obviously you would be attracted to a particular type of breed for a start, if you're looking at breeds, or even if not, you know your big dog, a small dog, a long haired dog, you know, a short coated dog. And then sometimes there's just certain personalities that just seem to gel and you just get that bond and it's a great thing.
Speaker 1: I had a lovely note from doctor Tony Vigano in Wa who doctor Tony for a long long time was a regular contributor on six pr in Perth is a vet. But he's in semi retirement these days. I think he still does a bit on the weekend for cash for what for cash? Oh very much? Well you know how that works with I think he does a bit on a Saturday or Sunday night these days, just when he gets a spare moment to do it and loves it. But he's been a semi retired or he says he's in semi retirement, which I knowing Tony, it's never going to be the case. But I said one morning, when you're he because his father was also a pilot. There you go for a long time it's served as you can imagine, so they've got that connection. So I thought, well, one morning, when you're here, Tony, to come on and maybe take a few calls from our perthlessness as well. You'd be here, and why a nice synergy to have on the program for sure. Dr Tony's beganner. You'd really like him. Great bloke, Okay, wonderful firlow like me? No, well and fairness shu your praises.
Speaker 7: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: That's very kind of as I would interesting to have a look at the headlines. It's all about the world markets. So given everything that's happening in the world, so the papers are coming in nice and early, but the world markets and what this conflict can lead to possibly is it a bad oil? Is that part of the equation.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just I don't think there's any simple answer to these things. There's lots of history and there's lots of current stuff going on in the background. But I think you know, when it comes to the West, then oil's obviously a very big driver because we need oil. And remember back many moons ago there was an oil embargo and they weren't shipping oil out of the Middle East, and yeah, we struggled and we had rationing of petrol and all that kind of stuff. So we are still very much dependent on oil. Perhaps not quite so much now with all the electric cars and hybrids and things, but we need it, so we need a supply of it, and it looks like it might be threatened a little bit at the moment.
Speaker 1: The front page of finn Review talks about Israeli fighter jets bobbing tem run taken Iranian fuel depots, while the Islamic Republic launch hundreds of ballistic missiles at Tel Aviv into the weekend as well, driving fears a widening conflict will send oil prices soaring and inflation highest.
Speaker 7: Who are by difference, No, there are no winners and elbow.
Speaker 1: Of course we'll push back here. Demands for Australian to boost its defense budget meeting with President Donald Trump sometime this week. So the government has not only increased spending but also provides great basis to the Americans, so that will be.
Speaker 7: Talking, yes, most interesting and ironically when they're talking about increasing the spending. And yet there was a story going around that they revisiting the Orcut project and they may cut it back or even can it all together. So there's a whole heap of spending and that was going to happen that we're not going to be able to.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of discussion yes, to have in the next in the coming days, so we will do this back the other side. I'm thinking let's go Charriots of Fire Joe five four three two.
Speaker 7: Oh, he's done it.
Speaker 1: My goodness is good.
Speaker 7: Look at that, doesn't he know it? Ti as fishes, Yes, and.
Speaker 1: That's water to my goodness, it's lovely to see it. You can go home and have a snooze.
Speaker 7: I will do thatchoose to thank you for having me once again, more dat and thank you for everybody for calling in and listening.
Speaker 1: Do you wheels up at some point this week?
Speaker 7: Yes, on Tuesday, got a long trip actually through the whole week. Well good end up here there and all over.
Speaker 1: The place, so we might see you on Sunday night Monday morning and hope for thank you for coming in. The audience loves it when you're here to help them. We will do open line. The chicken Man's coming up Cereal on the way. It's all part of Australia Overnight.
Speaker 3: Good morning, now this is a stradio open eyes with Tony McManus.
Speaker 37: Turn round every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you never coming around.
Speaker 31: Turn round every.
Speaker 37: Now and then I get a little bit child listening to this down and my dear every now and then I get a little benurse that the best of body to come down right every now and then.
Speaker 5: I get a little bit every fun.
Speaker 4: Then you to look in your.
Speaker 5: Eyes every now a tall round right, And I need to know to night and I need to do my and.
Speaker 38: And if you only be time, we'll be holding us forever.
Speaker 1: And we'll haavely be missing in.
Speaker 38: Hi because we'll never be rose to get away and a last to look and I get time know what to do always in the dar living in about a gag and giving up I really needed Tony.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start to night forever.
Speaker 6: That's going to start to all the time I was falling in love.
Speaker 4: Now I'm only falling apart.
Speaker 37: There's nothing I can do a total eclipse of.
Speaker 6: The once upon a time that I was lighting in my life. But now there's only love in the dark.
Speaker 1: Nothing that can say totally eclipse.
Speaker 27: Of ther.
Speaker 12: Ever, now a man about a bar.
Speaker 35: Not a man.
Speaker 38: And I'll leave him then, and I'll leave your bond. And if you will, SI the prime we'll beholding. We'll sit it get right because we'll never.
Speaker 7: Be rough together.
Speaker 1: We can take it to the can of the last.
Speaker 38: Love it like any all of it.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to.
Speaker 38: Do about how I didn't living can get out.
Speaker 6: Lame some time I was falling.
Speaker 4: Now I'm only falling apart.
Speaker 1: Nothing I can say.
Speaker 38: Totally Clans of the Horse, totally.
Speaker 1: Claps of the Hot. It's a new segment called the Songs you really hear on the radio anymore? Ish That just glorious. That was a duet along with Rory Dodd, and that became Bonnie Tyler's biggest career hit. I mean it chopped the charts around, It chopped the charts, It topped the charts, thank you, and became just this massive hit in nineteen eighty three, has spent weeks at the top of the number one was another Jim Steinman was the familiar with Jim Steinman's work. Joke, I think he Jim Steinman did a lot of work with a meat Loaf and Tuther's of course, and if you listen to the production of that. It's very meat low it is really but it also around that time he'd also written a song called making Love out of Nothing at All, which was a big hit for Air Supply Air Supply from But because that was such a big hit, it actually stopped the other song that he'd written for Air Supply getting to number one, so he was going along beautifully at that time.
Speaker 7: That song was.
Speaker 1: Actually nominated for Grammy Award for the Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Company music video was directed by Russell Mike Kay, which was a Australian board as great work. I think it was England, I think from memory. So what a track that is just wonderful, laz. Good morning to you sir in Guilford. Good morning.
Speaker 30: Yeah, hey you going Tony. I just wi up right now.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 30: The reason why I white cup is I live right behind.
Speaker 13: You know, Guildford.
Speaker 30: I do very live very well right behind the post office there you near.
Speaker 1: The railway station. Yes, yes, very hard.
Speaker 30: And they've got the clock and the.
Speaker 13: Bells they do.
Speaker 30: So that building's abandoned now oh is it?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 35: Ah?
Speaker 30: Look it's it's become the lapidated and which is a shame. It's a shame so any any anyway, I believe that there are things underway for somebody to take it over and and and do it up right, okay, as you do.
Speaker 1: I hope they do some beautiful little cafes in the restaurants there. I mean, when you think about where it was going back ten or fifteen years ago, it's really just reinvented itself.
Speaker 30: Guildford, I look, mate, Honestly, Guildford is busier than Saint George's Terrace yep.
Speaker 1: In many ways, it would be.
Speaker 30: Honestly it is. It is a very thriving part of the Wall down, absolutely, you know. I mean, there's so much going on here. It's unbelievable, you know. And and of course you got the trains and you know you don't need to drive by now, you know, you've got two train stations here, and and you just you just jump on the train and get off the train and got there's four pubs here and lots of restaurants and cap phases. It's amazing little place here. Absolutely, there's more activity going on here in Guildford than there isn't any other part of me even even even has it over Fremantle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in many many ways that you could stand for mayor of Guilford there les.
Speaker 30: Yeah, yeah, well no, no, I don't want to do that. Alt's coming around here.
Speaker 13: But anyway, I've.
Speaker 12: Got I've got a first world problem because.
Speaker 30: Because the post office has been abandoned, but the clock tower and the bells still go off, but they're not in sync with the actual time of the day. And and that's that's the reason why I'm awake, because I used to set my my body clock by by the bells going off, you know, And and I wake wake up just not that long ago, thinking it was eight o'clock in the morning, and uh and yeah, and they.
Speaker 1: Just go friendomly regardless of the top of the ear.
Speaker 30: Look, look, the des go friendly of friendly. And so I used to lie there on bed and go, oh yeah.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, it's you know, eight o'clock in the morning. Bank now.
Speaker 30: For whom the bells toll.
Speaker 1: For whom the bell's tolld that's fantastic. Less, I'm not too sure why that would happen.
Speaker 12: Because the building has been abandoned now, so nobody's looking after the place, you know. So so yeah, yeah, so it's just it's just it's just funny. It's just funny how they just go off, you know, like you know on the half hour, you'd expect one one, one toll and you get twelve tolls.
Speaker 1: Oh so they just los as a goose. It might be exactly. In fact, there they are now Las, there they go now as we speak, going live to wear.
Speaker 13: That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: But are they pretty?
Speaker 30: Let's I mean when we all we all love it. It adds to the character.
Speaker 1: I bet it does. And I'm not too sure why or have but somebody might tell us as to how they can possibly happen Las.
Speaker 30: Well, well, I think cusy motis movie.
Speaker 1: I think there is. I'm going to ring them bells. I'm going to ring them bells. Things to discussing anything you'd like to raise on the programming more than what we to do that. I just made some little notes. Circu to Sleigh Sirku to Sleigh was actually founded on this day. It goes back at nineteen eighty four. Began with a very small community of traveling performers in Quebec nineteen eighty fours the year so they've been around, now what do you mean now a long time? The question is have you been. Have you ever seen a cirk disilih and what was it? When was it? And have you seen more than just the one, one, double three six' nine? Three growing, UP i can remember walking Along Glen Iris, road couldn't get home quick. Enough there was a particular. Series there was a two or three part, SERIES i, know all of seven years of, age might have been, nine and, thinking got to get home to Watch. Superman you're just nodding as if you, Know, jay you have no idea what that was? Like so, exciting wasn't? It superman featuring the Original superman whose anniversary of his Death George, Reeves George reeves passed away on this day was only forty five when you're done in nineteen fifty. Nine but it just it just led to the question when you think about those very Early when they say, earlier that depends on how, early but they were, early those very early fifties and into the, sixties those GREAT tv programs Like superman at the. Time, now if you look at them, today they probably look a little corny in, fairness but, gee at the time they were so good As. Superman what would be another one that you would put on that? List If superman was the one for? Me what would it be for? You? One double three six nine. THREE i want to talk About Notty, Holder Notty holders having a birthday and a birthday of the weekend seventy. Nine, now IF i say to, you who Is Notty? Holder, jay you would Say Nottty holder would have been someone to do with. Cartoons, Cartoons, yes that's what he. Was yes he. Was he was the inventor Of casper The Friendly. Goat no he wasn't The, Ghost no he. Wasn't he was the lead singer Of. Slade you clo you Were, Away So Noughty holder. Was and there was a time when The slade A live album was, Released The slade A Live, album so very early part of the. Seventies if you had a copy Of Slade, alive you were probably one of the coolest kids in the school. Playyard how DO i know? That BECAUSE i just lusted over WHEN i didn't have. It helen Hunt is had a, birthday AND i Love helen Hunt one of the best movies of all. Time was as good as it, gets was just fantastic when she was in. That she did A tv series as. Well, now and IF i also said to you do you have a Favorite Bob dylan? SONG a Favorite Bob dylan? Song what would that? Be And i'll tell you why a bit later on Good news and Bad? News so come and join. ME i need some. Calls one double three six nine Three sirk De Sleigh George, reeves those very EARLY tv series that we watched in the sixties and into the. Seventies superman was the one for me At noddy hold It memories of A Slade Slade. Alive what an? Album Helen? Hunt As good As It? Gets probably what an? ALBUM i think she picked up The academy for her role In As good As It? Gets do you have a Favorite Bob dylan's? Song? Why why is it memorable for? You and good? News any good? News bad? News across the? Weekend one double three six nine three cool wherever you are right Across? Austradio where are you? Be THREE iw here In? Melbourne five DOUBLE a In natalie The Ace Radio network and was the great team that have joined us in the last hour and a half from six pm In. Perth nice to have your. Company you can jump on board anything you want to. Add we've just thrown some things out there as we do from time to time circ salah those that have seen more than, one at at least, one maybe more than. One. Geez some of those shows were just quite, extraordinary particularly for taking young kids along to see that heightened sense of theater and style and pizzazz and just this amazing art. Form Sir George, Reeves We Love George reeves the anniversary of his, passing going all that way back, there and then you think about it was only forty, five sadly found, dead which was very sad back then at night we said, anytime but for nineteen fifty nine when he passed, Away George, reeves who we knew and loved as A. Superman SO i just thought of be interested to find out those that Watched superman or other programs around that. Time And i'm thinking maybe along the lines Of Mister ed might have been around that. Time i'm thinking also very early episodes Of lucy OR I Love lucy or one of The lucy. Series they were just phenomenal. Programs McHale's. Navy perhaps maybe just a little bit, later perhaps later in the, SIXTIES i would have, thought But i'll stand to be corrected on. That without Checking Artie Morning.
Speaker 12: Good, Morning tony And jay when you Got george Did, DIE i liked, you Mentioned Adam west and THEN i Like batman at the. TIME a Favorite Bob dylan song Is hurricane True. STORY i went to see the. Media it was really.
Speaker 1: Good oh, yeah really, good a true. STORY a lot of people are saying The dylan Song sweetheart like, you thank You. Max quite a few people like you are saying The hurricane are one of the Favorite dylan.
Speaker 12: Songs, yeah And i'm pretty sure the boxer went To jarlie was an innocent. Man but true. Story as you, know The hurricane was a really good. Movie speaking of Mister, RED i have them ON, dvd and believe it or, Not Quein eastwood's in one of them and signs autographs as rawhide hic.
Speaker 1: Right, hello thank You? Ed is that? RIGHT a lot of people might remember the year was nineteen sixty, Five haddie where the song he recorded on this day in nineteen sixty five like a rolling. Stone.
Speaker 12: YEAH a lot of actors did, sing didn't they? Like Even Lee. Marvin by the, Way, hello back To. NEIL i think the truck raw Says ilada Man, jim and he's probably listening at the.
Speaker 1: Moment good on, you well, Done, ardie thank you for. That W a, Hello, cliff, well thank you my. Friend.
Speaker 16: Yep good Favorite Bob billin song is things have?
Speaker 15: Changed things have?
Speaker 1: Changed, yes well he's probably right about. That would that be one of his Early i'm not familiar with.
Speaker 30: It one of his, lads one to be probably twelve thirteen years.
Speaker 22: Old, now.
Speaker 18: And that's one of his.
Speaker 39: Lads, yeah have a listen to.
Speaker 1: This this is it that things have. Changed don't go, away stay, There, Cliff we'll come.
Speaker 28: Back diver crazy.
Speaker 12: Times As i'm locked, In i'm RAY i used to can things have?
Speaker 1: Changed oh, YEAH i remember. Now what a great Trek. Cliff thank you all.
Speaker 13: Right a great.
Speaker 1: Program good on, you, mate thank you for being part of a too appreciate. It, maggie good morning and good.
Speaker 31: Morning Look i've got a two. Things number, ONE i believe THAT i read in The advertiser well within the last week That austradia is somehow importing oil From, russia therefore Supporting Russia's putin's cause in The, ukraine whilst all the time there was supposed to have been a. Nambargo do you know anything about?
Speaker 1: It, NO i don't mm.
Speaker 30: Hmmm.
Speaker 31: Well that was an. Article Ind where did you read this in The?
Speaker 1: TiSER?
Speaker 31: Oh, yeah it was in the last week.
Speaker 17: Somewhat.
Speaker 1: Well suffice to, SAY i think the smart, Money maggie would be on a lot of a lot of conflict is based around, economy and part of, economy certainly in my, lifetime your, lifetime is fuel based on how we, protected how we manage, it how we get our share of, it how we make it affordable for those industries and businesses around the world that need. It, yeah, yeah it's probably no. Surprise, Really.
Speaker 31: I'd like to continue on with.
Speaker 1: This, oh please, Do. Maggie we've got all, morning, yeah.
Speaker 31: All, morning but you DON'T i, Know i've got a, big big please please, yes could you somehow have a little musical?
Speaker 1: Interlude we like a bit of, Interlude.
Speaker 31: Maggie, yeah Playing bethoven for?
Speaker 1: Release oh, yes what a beautiful. Piece we'll see if we can do that at some. Point, maggie thank. You hang in, there see what. Happens you just never. Know will we play a Little beethoven on the? Program, well we'll have to ask the. Chicken maggie made the point about the, oil which is really the heart of a lot of historical. Conflict australia may be indirectly this is From. Rob thank You rob for the, background may be indirectly Importing russian oil through like third party, countries Perhaps, Turkey, india where the oil is often. Refined this situation arises Because australia's sanctions target the direct something there just says is to target the DIRECT i there it is target the direct import Of russian origin, oil but not necessarily refined products that may have them originated From, russia but we're processed. Elsewhere. Yeah, Look, Rob you're probably, right it's convoluted and those of us that probably don't know how those systems, work but many. WILL i have no doubt about.
Speaker 39: That Leahn, Morning good, Morning, tony And Jay.
Speaker 40: Dylan i'd like to say thank you To art the other night for his compliment my good taste. Music that was anyway a couple of, things please not a Big Bob dylan fam AND i do LIKE i do LIKE i.
Speaker 25: Do like The.
Speaker 1: Hurricane, yeah it is one of the. Favorites the world is made into two, people, really those that Get Bob dylan and those that. DON'T i just don't like.
Speaker 40: The way he sings it's very.
Speaker 1: Nasal oh, yeah it's just a great it's an acquiet. TASTE i get. It but when he tells those stories the way he tells, them and you listen to the words and listen to the energy that he's put into those, lyrics is just really will miss him when he's.
Speaker 30: Gone let me to you a couple of.
Speaker 40: THINGS i miss. You was the team without as was that Port? Power?
Speaker 1: Yes it was well done you it. Was so it's because the, powers they won't.
Speaker 40: They don't call them the, powers just put.
Speaker 1: Power so if you look at those other great, songs like they're great, songs if you look at the growther nicknames like The demons or The bombers or The, crows they're all they all end WITH. S power is the only one that doesn't end with AN.
Speaker 40: S funny, ENOUGH i was born in the district Of Port. ADELAIDE i don't follow, them, really, NO i follow the song IF i do follow, them.
Speaker 1: Because you're A sydney girl at hard really aren't?
Speaker 27: You?
Speaker 40: Well yes and. No and the other Things i'd like to mention is The superman both like the names read they.
Speaker 1: Did that's a great trivia, question isn't. It this is the original. One this Is George reeves who want to have passed away on this day it was only forty, five nineteen fifty. Nine always good to talk to, You, lee and thank. You all these amazing. Texts we'll get to them in just a. Moment Bob dylan Songs everything Is broken and The Joker man. Two, yes a couple of good. Ones, lay, Lady, lay thank You, tommy B good to hear from. You were you Been, Tommy nice to know you're still. There come and join me the other side of the cereals on the. Way we love the jen zas according to a story in the pave Of, today they still have a fair bit of growing up to. DO i love, this have a. Listen research has revealed an adulting. Crisis it's an adulting crisis among Gen, z with one in four. Youngesters so that's twenty five percent of these little. Tackers one in four Young ossie's admitting to having never paid their own bills or cooked meals at home for a, week not, One so of, four one of them never paid a, bill never cooked a. Meal despite Gen z saying staying home longer than their, predecessors nearly half of those ages eighteen to thirty, five unprepared for the.
Speaker 3: Future yeah right, now this Is Australia urbanized With tony. McManus good morning wherever.
Speaker 1: You are right Across. Australia nice to have your. Company you can join us in your time in the open. Lines really what it's about between now right through the some of The bricky, programs which Is ross And russ here are three A w you can jump on board one double three six nine three to send a massage and now a massage from The swedish government which is an only bit of goodie zero four double seven sixty nine three six nine. Three why are you, Laughing? Joe it's true. Stories it was a part of their Album you've never heard? It have you? Heard you've never heard? That now a massage from The Swedish Prime minister's which are very. Funny duelian In, armadale good, morning good.
Speaker 13: Morning in response TO d THREE w news report On, friday, yep NOW i wasn't allowed to go on air as the lady who produced the show said she bring me, back which you never did.
Speaker 1: Before you jump on? Board which program was.
Speaker 13: That julian breakfast program in the brick.
Speaker 1: With ross And John ross And. John, Well john's no longer. There it's Now ross And russen has been for some years Now ross And.
Speaker 10: Russell that's right, NOW i respond to the article item. NOW i received a text message From Australia poste at a ten in the morning that a mail parcel was on its. Way i'm not sending a parcel that would be delivered to my flatin. Armat parcel never. ARRIVED a quarter past THREE i received another text message From australia post, said pick up parcel From summerland post, office WHICH i think Is, sydney isn't it In? Sydney In, sydney is it?
Speaker 1: Really why would you have to put surely?
Speaker 13: Not that's. Right then we rang Up Australia posters will a hell of a long time to get through and all they would tell me they did more very, polite and all they would tell me was give us the track number they expect it and, said there's no such. Parcel it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Exist oh it might be a bit, dodgy you, think were you expecting a? Parcel, No, oh there you, go it might be a bit Dodge by the sounds.
Speaker 13: Of, it it must have. BEEN i, wondered and they seem to think That australia posts an issue a statement THAT i am not the only person that has received that particular.
Speaker 1: Message oh don't, Know. Julian they would have little or no. CONTROL i mean some of these things that happen are done from outside their, environment and whilst they would be aware and, concerned ultimately they can't be held. Responsible must have been a scam.
Speaker 13: CALL i don't know how they got my, Number well they.
Speaker 1: Do did you receive it as a phone number or a living document tech text?
Speaker 13: Message?
Speaker 1: Yes see that's in itself seems a bit weird, dueling but we'll throw it open to the audience and find out if other people have been in a similar. Situation so you so you got the text. Mesage there's a parcel. Available did they give you any link or?
Speaker 13: Code, yes but The Austraided post could not trace it.
Speaker 1: Anywhere see it sounds a bit, dodge really.
Speaker 13: Sounds a bit scam, anyway come back to the old days WITH. Pmg do you remember when they used to BE. Pmg we used to get two.
Speaker 10: Males deliveries a, day the morning and an, afternoon and A saturday.
Speaker 1: Too and quite often on busy times leading even on A sunday is my recollection leading up To.
Speaker 10: Christmas don't remember that my local postman Was, david An englishman where tall.
Speaker 13: Gentlemen he knew. Everybody everybody knew that. Postman everybody knew their post.
Speaker 1: And they blow a whistle as they put the letters into your. Letterbox and they wore a hat and a. TIE i, know very very, smart very stylish human beings they.
Speaker 13: WERE i remember that's a long time.
Speaker 10: Ago they're closing some post, offices Like glenroy has no post office at. All, really lady ran through this program a few months ago to say they don't have a post office and been.
Speaker 13: Removed no.
Speaker 10: Gone do you remember the old talking With Darren james On saturday? Program do you remember there used to Be mac The? MAILMAN i think let's go back to the Happy hammond. Day would you remember?
Speaker 1: That? No where Was mac the mail on The Telly.
Speaker 13: Cheddy one of the characters On channel seven Was mac The, Mailman but we don't know who Played macdala male.
Speaker 1: One somebody might remind us one double three six nine? Three where was It channel? Seven you?
Speaker 13: THINK i think it Was channel. Seven we went of the little, Boys mom took us to See Happy hammond and normally characters of surely rant and playing The. Pano was that?
Speaker 22: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh we Loved Happy. Hammond and do you, know let me share a quick story with. YOU i had the pleasure of meeting. HIM i was very youngest BEFORE i got in the. Radio AND i said to. Him it must have been at a Good friday appeal. Gathering AND i said to, him Mister, Hammond i'm so pleased to meet. You i'm in the running for a job at three G L, Geelong so this is about this is about nineteen seventy. Six and he, said, Oh, tony he, SAID i worked at three gl In. Geelong give them my love if you get the, job if there's ANYTHING i can. Do wasn't that nice of?
Speaker 13: Him he worked on? Radio of, Course yes he.
Speaker 1: Was he did a lot of. Radio Yesnablade, man not THAT i know. Of i'd have to double checked. OUT i think he was Always.
Speaker 13: Wwayne he may have Been adelaide three.
Speaker 1: Cases remember the better Bar, O, yes of, course of.
Speaker 13: Course remember that. Now of course is An English british cool postman.
Speaker 1: Pattern that's Show, Postman, Pat Postman. Pat we Love postman. Patter, now whilst you're, Speaking i'm getting lots of texts saying very common getting a Scam australia post delivery text include a link which you should never, open Says. Janine we. Didn't, no it's a good thing you, Didn't. Juli i'm going to leave you there because we've got lots of calls coming through the one Of. Contribute it's always good to hear your. Voice thank you for being part of the. Program we'll talk to you tomorrow In. Adelaide Hello, Meredith, hello lovely. BIRTHDAY i had a fantastic. Birthday went out for Dinner friday night with a sister with the, brother with the brother's, wife my Friend robyn and her Friend, heather and we had a lovely gathering and some Cracking greek. Food do you, Know. Meredith my brother sat the opposite side of me AND i, said, yeah you Love he, SAYS i love. It he, said this is the first Time i've ever been to A greek. Restaurant i'm, sorry say that again to An. Italian say it again to A indian. Restaurant he'd never Eaten indian, food never Eaten indian food, never and he's and he's nearly. Sixty never Eaten indian.
Speaker 17: Foods you've.
Speaker 1: Got i'm the eldest of six six, boys four, boys two. Girls oh, OKAY i Know i'm the, eldest so they take their orders from.
Speaker 27: Me oh, OKAY i.
Speaker 1: Know i'm the eldest McManus in, history now the oldest mcmanuson living in. Captivity you want so old you?
Speaker 27: Are?
Speaker 1: No well you, know does anybody? Care? Meredith and it's just a. Number and here's the, thing if you didn't know how old would you? Be if you didn't know how old you?
Speaker 27: Were my muma was grandmother said just twenty?
Speaker 1: One if you, did that's exactly exactly. Right how old would you be if you didn't know how old you? Were?
Speaker 27: Well by booth and love when you're, talking because some more mounting more in The Air force and they're living At rathmoland In. Melbourne we went up and a very young AND i remember Seeing Happy animal.
Speaker 1: Television we Love, yes the.
Speaker 27: Golfing cat and a check it sports.
Speaker 1: Coat that's the one that was always a very checked sports. Coat and where do you remember seeing.
Speaker 27: Him when we went on and saw him The september holiday Into.
Speaker 1: Melbourne, yeah that's. Him that's the great Happy. Hammond can you look.
Speaker 27: Up somebody or your, assistant can you look up and see him Fair? Weather still a.
Speaker 1: Lot that's, right my, assistant that's. RIGHT i have an, Assistant NOW i don't you're talking about the executive producer who takes his orders from, WELL i take his. Orders he gives me the. Orders in other, words oh that's what you gives, me or way, hose that's not how it works in this little. Outfit he gives me the, orders he, says shut up and keep and go to the ad.
Speaker 27: Break, mmm the REASON i was ringing old? Program Remember? Superman oh supermanman even he wore a pair of glasses with a.
Speaker 1: Hat that's. It and nobody recognized.
Speaker 27: Him oh, no but what's the name As? Batman nobody Knew Bruce wayne Was?
Speaker 1: Batman yet the boards well With Bruce wayne And. Batman he when he Was, batman he was covering. Up he had a mask Where superman didn't have a. Mask He Clark, kent he just wore. Glasses he wore a mask his. Eyes you, know you really you really look Like. Superman did anybody ever tell you, That Clark, kent you really look Like?
Speaker 27: Superman no one, anyway back to two programs to watch one of. THEM i did remember The.
Speaker 1: Samurai oh we love The Samurai saturday. Mornings Oh, Gentaro oh not Easter. SHIP i think he. IS i THINK i tell you who'll? Know will either Be jimmy Or arthur because they were fans as. Well Shintana. Samurai is he still with? Us what? HELL i can tell you you're with?
Speaker 27: Us?
Speaker 1: Oh good on, You. Jay you brought it up on screens all In. Japanese that's really, helpful great. Information you won't. Go thank you very. Much keep. Listening we'll see if we can find out in just a. Moment one double three Six, okay.
Speaker 27: What About? Zorrow?
Speaker 1: William we Love zorro as, well that, guy we loved.
Speaker 27: Him, yeah.
Speaker 1: Put THE z on his.
Speaker 13: Jocks oh, no you know beautiful were.
Speaker 27: Wearing you, know well it could.
Speaker 1: Have you have to be very careful when he was doing that z meriton of.
Speaker 27: THEM i had to make it look, good you.
Speaker 1: Know it's the was to be very very highly pitched. Voice, merret good on, you thank. You one double three six nine?
Speaker 7: Three what?
Speaker 1: Happened i've just been zapped By. Zorrow we'll do this when we come back your. Calls it Is australia every. Night good. Morning CAN i just think lots of people of the Text Sergeant, Garcia it Was Sergeant. Garcia this is fab information that got THE z symbol for the zorro on east. Tummy thank, You JOHN.
Speaker 32: P much.
Speaker 1: Appreciated yeah that rings a, Bell Sergeant. Garcia tiff Says Tony. Mac you were born in nineteen, fifty so you could be seventy. Five not, tivy not even. Close but bless your heart and. Soul it's got everybody talking. Anyway SO i keep, SO i said to somebody over the late last week and over the. Weekend oh it keeps everybody, guessing does?
Speaker 7: IT i love?
Speaker 1: It just keep more. Guzzing how old is that man Called? Tony the post offices seem to be shutting shops similar to. Banks thank you for. That good, Morning Tony. MACK i love the. PROGRAM i receive those parcel messages as, well and they're almost coming in weekly. Now kind regards From craig In hamilton In. Victoria another one, says very very, common not, good so just be careful Of mark In Cabbage Tree.
Speaker 39: Creek good, Morning good, Morning Tony Matt, MARKY i wanted to say.
Speaker 41: How MUCH i appreciate talkback radio is to always can. It you know in the thirties and forties that always, say, oh, WELL i just use talkback radio to get the. Slave, yes now THAT i wake up at four, o'clock it's some unknown reason in the middle of the. Wild it is so good to get a good laugh every now and. Then you've got a good about you.
Speaker 1: To, Mark, mark that's very kind of, you AND i appreciate coming from somebody yourself who tunes in from time to. Time, LOOK i do it a little bit. Differently particularly we can get away with it this time of the. Morning it's a little. Brighter it's a predude to The Big. Three, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 41: Live in there and you just go with the, play don't.
Speaker 1: You and that's exactly WHAT i love to, Do, Mark and hopefully at the end of my CAREER i hope to be somewhat good at.
Speaker 41: It i'll pact the fakes perfect.
Speaker 1: Mate it. Does you're absolutely. Right tell me about where you.
Speaker 41: Are, well, Listen i'm actually got my hands over a nice. Fire i've got one of those watch machine, inners And i've got a chocolate block full of red red gum at the, moment and it is, glowing and the fun part of me is warm and the back party. Cold but that's all.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah now here's the, thing mark you Might i've always had this perennial question in my. Mind why is it that when people would stand in front of a, fire women would tend to stand facing the, fire but blokes would turn around with their backside to the.
Speaker 41: Fire, yeah well that is, true and it is something enough to work. ON i have a good thing about.
Speaker 1: THAT i think we need to do a.
Speaker 41: Thesis, well we could pull it apart. Slaily i'll get round to that after doing a bit of work. Today i'll get my notebook out on, that if you.
Speaker 1: Would AND i think if we do this, well we could get a government grant to explore it even. Further mark about one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 41: Each, well my plan is to my hands get. COLD i have square, germa which means that the circulation in some of my thing is especially on a right. Hand that's worked, well it's life laying. Paper it gets. Cold So i'm continually facing the fire with hands getting, warm and it is to be. Exhausting Now i'm thatchis to, It, despike the new ritual like when you go and see your doctor these, days he doesn't, Say, MARK i can fix. It if there's, mark we can maintain. It, YEAH i had a quality of life for.
Speaker 1: You do you wear gloves from time to?
Speaker 41: Time, Mark i've got hated bike gloves THAT i.
Speaker 8: Wear does it make a?
Speaker 1: Difference?
Speaker 41: Oh, ABSOLUTELY i chock, THERE i get them going flat out AND i put my fingers in, them AND i just think you got.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah and so the idea of getting up this early and sort of sitting around the fire having a cup of, tea is that just purely because you're not, sleeping or is it somewhat also therapeutic in a?
Speaker 41: Sense, YEAH i actually got a it fight. EARLIER i normally peter out about an hour after my. MEAL i can be in bed at six. THIRTY i can't be in bed at eight point. Thirty at ten, thirty eleven o'clock ninety. Different you, know NORMALLY i can sort of sleep in a bit that nature calls for some reason every morning at quarter past.
Speaker 1: Four, well It's god's way knowing that you've got to. Go you've got to.
Speaker 41: Go, Yeah so once you're. Up you're. Up, actually.
Speaker 1: That's very. Funny good to talk. To you make keep in touch very.
Speaker 41: Quick one very QUICK i had WHEN i grew up in the. SIXTIES i lived In, frankston up the Top south franks and up with the gravel roads and. Whatever and we.
Speaker 1: Came down was it up Where Graham kennedy had a, house.
Speaker 41: Well Named kennedy was down on the coast a bit more On frank's and there on Cliff brod. There in the, fact my uncle was the producer The channel nine for a number of. Years And Doug, wooding.
Speaker 1: Oh, Ron, okay there's a.
Speaker 41: Name he Knew graham very. Well he has us away from each, other and they used to get it. On, Yeah and WHAT i was going to say was we used to have a post. In his name Was. Rick and AS i was going, Up rick followed me through primary school and secondary and, discussed you, know a bit like a father's. Conversation SO i used to go out there and get the mail all the.
Speaker 1: Time, yeah. Fantastic, yeah go to the days they they were the.
Speaker 27: Days the days now are.
Speaker 41: Even, better but in a different, way you.
Speaker 8: Know, yeah we.
Speaker 1: Can and we do. Change it's a bit like SAYING i Think, mark would you want to go back to the if you like the late eighteen, Hundreds well all of us would say. No would you want to go back to a pre War? Australia most of us would, say, now we'd.
Speaker 41: All like to pop in there for up and now they are just sort.
Speaker 1: Of, exactly, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 41: That'd be, nice.
Speaker 1: Exactly and the problem is that the challenge for each and every one of us is to recognize how greater nation in which we, live make sure we preserve it and we don't stuff it.
Speaker 41: Up that's dead. Right an attitude of gratitude is what people need to be used is a fundamental thing when they wake up in the, morning they just. Think some people, pray other people sail to their. Wife some people pack their dog like, Mate but you're always if you're always grateful for what you, have and you you tell, yourself you tell yourself over And i'm grateful they have a roof over my. Head something will go home and. GO a lot of people don't have. It And i've had a lot of times in my, life BUT i have not had a breath day over my. Head AND i thought. IT i wonder what those people up there are doing with that light. On they've got a over.
Speaker 1: There, Yeah, marky that's. Fantastic. Mark i'm going to let you. Go i've got a, fly BUT i thank you very much for your call and don't be a. Stranger keep in touch. Mate By mark At Cabbage Tree. Creek what a lovely. Name coming up to help us the. Hour if you'd like to join us one double three six nine. Three wherever you, Are, hello you can join us as. Well one double three six nine. Three we'll race through some of these, CALLS i should, say just after the top of the, hour which SIX pr listeners will miss out, on we'll go over to The United. States who we got lined up over, There, Jay, yes.
Speaker 42: We're going to be glad Voice jay get hooked up With. Jonathan, oh we talked TO johno over. There that'll be great to bring us up to date with what's happening in that part of the. World jonathan Keys lee will be a very special guest just after the five o'clocker. News Thanks, Jonathan.
Speaker 1: We're we off to and Now markey stall all. Morning how was the?
Speaker 25: Weekend, Yeah, Kyle marca sitting in front of the.
Speaker 1: Fire old beautiful. Thing nothing wrong with.
Speaker 25: That lovely simple that. Gel we just push, control, delight don't worry About australia post To. Santaway, well it's it's.
Speaker 1: Simple for. Some the reality Is. Mark i'm acutely aware that for members of the slightly more mature audience it can be a little debilitating because they often AND i include myself in, that these, days it's sometimes not easy to always make a distinction about what is real and what is, bultish as you would, say but we caution people make sure that if you're not, sure give it to someone, else give it to a, friend give it to a, nahbor give it to a loved. One to actually check double checks before you open, things because we don't want you to get these as scams and.
Speaker 25: Things OH i never bought, THEM i just delayed.
Speaker 1: Them, yeah well you, may yeah you. May but it's important for everyone to recognize that not everybody is the Same. Mark so WHAT i would say to people, is if you're not, sure leave it.
Speaker 25: Out right there.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 25: Listen in the blakes and bought how to fix a, pothole they tore one of their straps off in front of their.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 25: They they put a couple of bags of ice in it and chilled the cans want to.
Speaker 1: Break that's. Fantastic that is. Fantastic is that a true, Story.
Speaker 25: Jake it's gone, viral it's gone from one of the, pages.
Speaker 41: And that's a great.
Speaker 1: STORY i so hope it's.
Speaker 25: True i'll try and sleep IF i find it, Again i'll wring it to. Anyway at that point talking about football because of, Both.
Speaker 1: No don't tell. Me it was just bloody readful watching that game yesterday Afternoon melbourne over there At Port. ADELAIDE i, mean, really we Nearly, friday we Beat, brisbane we get, nearly get very close to knocking Off. Collin wouldn't then we go over there and we're not even in the. Hunts just disastrous.
Speaker 25: Even turn up On.
Speaker 1: Friday don't don't start, Me, marky thank, You Christine brody, morning.
Speaker 34: Good, Morning how are you really?
Speaker 1: Well thank, you.
Speaker 34: Many happy returns to you on your.
Speaker 1: Birthday thank, you and what a celebration it. Was and the good thing, Is, Chris i'm going to make it last right through until the thirty of this, month until the text return comes.
Speaker 43: In i'm not Maril, mon but happy birthday to, You happy birthday to, You happy Birthday president.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: Uh, now of course if you could just Dresses Marilyn, Monroe.
Speaker 34: Well someone nearby can publish a bit, more but we won't get. There why, Mate pete used to ride a bike and deliver to The burton in A johnson, said, Well i'll be in. It the channel similar it The, Amphitheater, Uh?
Speaker 1: Amphitheater in which street.
Speaker 34: Was it they used to? Do not The Pense club part Of channel.
Speaker 1: Seven one of the In Johnson street In. Fitzroy, yeah the a theater or something like. That the studio was there AND i think they did. That theater became one of the first places where they. Did it's.
Speaker 43: Astounding And keith the gown outlined BEFORE i, retired he spent fifty four years in the.
Speaker 34: Media this is one Of channel nine's win. Carriers it WASN'T gtv, Nine it WAS gtv. Ten talgon at.
Speaker 1: A tv station in To regan was A gtv.
Speaker 34: Ten, yeah not, nine BUT gtv. Ten so that'd be a wind, carrier, now wouldn't that?
Speaker 1: THEN i can't. Answer i'd be surprised if it WAS gv you're SAYING gvt OR gtv as IN.
Speaker 34: Gtv nine when it was in. Bendigoes so when they had their carriers, regional it come under the number ten rather than.
Speaker 1: Nine y, yes but no it was a g L v.
Speaker 34: Ten oh, yeah fair enough G.
Speaker 1: Lv ten to regan in the early days counter channel.
Speaker 34: Nine but it's a regional, carrier so whatever it. Was but, YEAH i just sent an email To Tom. ALLEN i did apposites a lot of and a lot of, study and so you'll work this. Out but when you get through the certainly did. Buzz it's started at least a fifty five minute wait on the prompts as ALLIGENT i have it on my land line on hands for which is a fixed line seventy. Minutes and you may allegedly because of cost cut and get the budgets in the line and it's only The department Of Family fairness and hows and core maintains and were talking of. It you may cay and not all the time go, offshore and you may have to read out every letter and every number a number of times because it's start a racial. Thing it's just that the people may sadly have a lot of Broken, english and so it becomes a very lengthy call and it does get. Tiring but that's just the sign of the. Times And i'm not blaming people for getting paid rises and cost. Cutting that means that the governments have to sort of do these type of, things but it's a lot of jobs That i'm worried.
Speaker 1: About, well well we, All, chris very very kind of you to make that. Idea appreciate. It one double three six nine, three and coming the picture of the potholes in The Sunday, Herald somen marquis spot. On well, Done, ronnie thank. You men simply like to warm their, bottoms BECAUSE i asked the question why is it that some men will turn their back to the fire and some women remain facing the? Fire was always as a, Kid i'm, thinking why is grandpa standing that way And grandma's standing that? Way one double three six nine. Three the text line going into, meltdown thank you three to. Three one that's close, enough very, kind very generous of, You, bruno not even. Close another one ending in one seven four says very very, Close yes you, are thank. You these are all people trying to guest date off In. Israel, david what a couple of? Days where are you up?
Speaker 44: To we just came up from the. Shelters our friendly neighbors just sent more missiles. Over according to the news from watching, now there are eight people wounded that nobody killed. Yesterday they were people. Killed an entire precinct to enable it was. Demolished you probalysing the PICTURES i was in.
Speaker 29: On the.
Speaker 44: News we are. Okay our cities. Okay there were fragments which fell in our city last. Night there's two. Dangers there's their missiles which are bad obviously very, destructive and also IF i miss a shup them down in fragments from our missons can also. Too where my kids, live they had fragments falling in their. Backyards BUT i wishing rather. Touching you think it is very very. Hot but that's that's what's going. On but we are, okay we get we last, night we had in the middle of the, night we HAD i think this, morning and now we had this now again AND i assume they'll be again in the middle of the night. Too what happens is you get warnings to your, phone your phone starts going and you know you've got a few minutes to get yourself together and get down to you as your security safety, room which is in your apartment or your, shelf which is the bottom of the building close.
Speaker 1: By and who who would set off those?
Speaker 44: Alarms the, government the people in charge of safety and the. Army the government, AGAIN i mean as people watching that the missiles are, coming so they know what's going. On As i'm talking to you NOW i can hear on my phone it's going to beat the whole, time because it's not in this, area but in other areas they are firing AS i speak to, you and the phone is deeping the whole. Time other, speech and you get like the red red banner on your. Phone it tells you what's going on and where.
Speaker 1: It's going on this where do you see this heading in the coming? Days have you have you got a sense of obviously clearly what's stake and what is. Happening is this going to be two? Days there is going to be two? Months can you get a sense of Winn now.
Speaker 44: They're talking about a couple of. WEEKS i did SORT i reckon to them probably that a couple of. Weeks if we haven't sorted it out in a couple of, WEEKS i don't think it's going to get sorted out that. Quickly and the world's going to get sick of, it as they usually do because the tension spans are pretty, short as you. Know BUT i think it's probably going to go for a couple of. Weeks there were already signs That iran is looking to stop it because they talked big and they, said well, destroy you will, destroy you will. Destroy, well there has been damaged and apartment buildings were knockdown and civilians were. Killed they targeted the building because they couldn't target military. Installations but all in, all considering the damage has not been what they, said not The holocaust and the fire and brimstone that they. Threatened what happened to this country on the country that seems to be happening to. Them i'd give it a couple of. WEEKS i help it finish it. Soon they sent messages with either The, cypress president or foreign minister that they want to start.
Speaker 13: Talking.
Speaker 44: APPARENTLY i heard another report from a friend who said they sent messages To katar and to one of the Other gulf states that they want to, stop they want to start. TALKING i don't think they realized what was going to happen to. THEM i honestly think they mischarged the whole. Thing they thought they were stronger than they, were and thank god they don't have a nuclear, bomb because if they, did.
Speaker 13: The world will be in.
Speaker 44: Trouble thank. God they then stopped literally just before the whistle, blew literally and they say a minute before the ninetieth, minute a minute before the whistle just for all the surron blooke. Blows so, Yeah, no the people are behind the, government people in the. Opposition everybody thinks it's the right thing to, do and we're hoping that it works out in our. FAVOR i think the nuclear capability has been. Katail the problem is that many of their nuclear facilities are, underground and to destroy those underground facilities you Need american bunker busting bonds phone in The american, planes and we don't know if we're.
Speaker 8: Going to get those or. Not hopefully it will be the, case BUT i don't. KNOW i couldn't tell.
Speaker 1: You, david The president of The United states is making an overtures saying this will be a very similar situation Between india And, pakistan where a decision will arrive at a decision where things will just stop for further. Conversation is that a, little a little.
Speaker 44: SIMPLISTIC i honestly haven't heard, that BUT i do know what he said to The. Iranians he said them sixty days, ago you've got sixty days to negotiate a. DEAL i want a. DEAL i don't any, BUDSHET i don't any, suffering BECAUSE i know what's going to. Happen if it does, HAPPEN i know what's going to happen to. You you've got sixty. Days he did not do what he, said and almost sixty, first this is what. Happened the whole thing was.
Speaker 13: Everybody.
Speaker 44: Knew he, knew it was.
Speaker 1: All it was.
Speaker 44: ALL i wouldn't say pre, arranged but everybody knew what was going to. Happen and he's a good cop type. Thing except for the. Rangings they honestly did not believe this was going to happen to. Them they thought that they could just bring The west along a little bit more and you, know get more out of the. Negotiations Everything trump, said.
Speaker 22: No, enough it's.
Speaker 44: Enough the thing is, though that the worst is not coming to help is, well like they did when they were attacked so last year or a few months, ago by the range and missile have not really come In ikama or did the escalate the. ESCALATOR i, mean if you, Asked Miss humphy understands more that will follow you, Summer.
Speaker 1: Great Sir, humphrey let me let me put this to. YOU i, mean we're talking to you and you've been a great friend of this program for, many many a, year and for that we are most. Grateful point of that, IS i think many of us would, SAY i hope you're. Okay B at what point do you decide on behalf of yourself and your immediate. Family this is not where we need we need to. Be we're going to get.
Speaker 44: Out, no we we feel certainly safely film that there's a government and imy defending us. HERE i prefer the, service The Defense. Service i'm getting out of the government, here THEN i do out Of. Albanese In Penny, WONG i Mean penny wants, behavior not THAT i like to be. Political as you, Know Penny won's behavior has been absolutely an urban is. DISGUSTING i, mean you've got to choose which side of history you're going to be on. It you're going to let these people have nuclear weapons to write the entire world or just going to.
Speaker 8: Be wishy washy.
Speaker 44: History repeats itself and it will keep repeating itself until someone stops that from. Happening so now we feel, safely feel, privileged even we feel good because as The americans, say we're.
Speaker 8: Good YEAH i didn't really get that question from but what they, say we're.
Speaker 1: Good just some of these some of these texts coming.
Speaker 8: Lovely thing to the.
Speaker 13: Programmers you, Know, NO i, Know.
Speaker 1: DAVID i appreciate that a lot of texts Are david sounds a different man this, morning even his voice tones and his. HESITATIONS i don't know whether it's a commentary or but he makes that. Point one of the bombing is the one bombing. Everyone according TO, bev he just needs to back.
Speaker 44: Off, well they've entitled their. Opinion but AS i, said you've got to choose which side of history you want to be. On and if this is not dealt with in the rains have nuclear, capability no one in The west is. Safe no, one certainly Not. Europe they've already threatened the Threatened, germany different In france to threaten them the fact no one is. Safe so they've you should be happy that someone is doing your. Work when this is, over you can come With tony and we will have a drink beer and have a great time.
Speaker 1: Here not necessarily in that, Order not necessarily in that. Order, david stay. Safe we'll talk.
Speaker 44: Again, okay thanks very.
Speaker 1: Much It's, david Our david, Friend david In, israel all part Of. Australia. Overnight my Mighty d's got, pummeled certainly towards the end of that game yesterday Against Port adelaide back page or second back page old. Son melbourne Coach Simon goodwin conceded his side reverted to frustrating and bad, habits with The demons again failing to make the most of their are scoring opportunities at a twenty five point lost To Port adelaide that dealt their slim finals chances a hammer. Blow Don't, Derno you're not wrong about. That and you've got to wonder why some wonderful opportunities for some arguably And i'm only just a passionate, supporter but just a disciplined, discipline discipline As i'm being, Told, ma actually morning or like thereof morning.
Speaker 16: Maxic, okay then that textabastits wasn't. Scam what happened is my sister or a product is going to be delivered it my dad town SO i was waiting for it to be DELIVERED nintn and received a textabists. Dying they got the add restaurant actually copied the text to my. Sister she accidentally went in and she lost one hundred and two and one hundred more before.
Speaker 13: Can look Hard, yeah.
Speaker 16: The banks, SAID i can look into.
Speaker 1: It For, actually it's a tricky thing for many to, navigate particularly those of us that may not necessarily be tech savvy or have issues around sight reading a lot of these, things or understanding the distinction between what is a scam was legitimate, communication and so everybody's. Different we, just ever so respectfully remind people to just be very careful and if in leave it. Out if you're not, sure don't open, it don't click on, it have somebody check it and double check it for you, friend love one family, member and have it confirmed before we actually click on. It, maxie thank, you And MAXIE i appreciate all your lovely little messages you send through.
Speaker 13: Anytime good on, You, maxie.
Speaker 1: Thank. You my Friend alan In bentley, morning.
Speaker 8: Good, morning good, morning thank you for.
Speaker 1: Waiting.
Speaker 13: Ellen, yeah, Mate.
Speaker 44: I've got.
Speaker 39: One you had you had The superman And batman and left one behind a bit further.
Speaker 1: Back don't tell me what it. Is just give us a hint and see if we can guess. It what is? It what's the?
Speaker 13: Hint he had a watch two way, watch.
Speaker 1: A two way, watch not a cartoon.
Speaker 41: Sort.
Speaker 1: Of, yes are you talking about Top Cat, No Nick?
Speaker 39: Tracy, oh, yes the, original the magazine in the newspaper.
Speaker 1: And this other and then we Love Dick, tracy.
Speaker 13: Oh Nick.
Speaker 39: Tracy, yes and we all forgot.
Speaker 15: Him oh we.
Speaker 1: Did and when you think about how early that, was where he's communicating with his, watch and now look at, us here we, are and we've been communicating on our watches for you, know probably half a dozen years or.
Speaker 39: More.
Speaker 13: Now, yes one.
Speaker 39: Other, Thing, yeah we're bringing back from the. Past harry De ville down in Woolle maloo In sydney.
Speaker 1: And with the Pie oh, yes the pie. Floater, yeah.
Speaker 22: WHEN i was about.
Speaker 1: Fifteen weren't they? Beautiful they had him In sydney and there was certainly a great, landscape to great benchmark for those In South, australia those beautiful pie floaters as. Well what a wonderful. Memory, Ellen thank. You, oh wherever you are, saying it's not every company we'll go To Jonathan curzley in The United states the other side of the. News plenty of time for your calls as. Well we say goodbye to six pur listeners and we'll see you. Tonight More Australia overnight straight after The news.
Speaker 3: Is Australia overnight With tony.
Speaker 1: McManus, well as you, know it's been a massive. Weekend if you've been keeping an eye on what's been happening In, israel what's been happening in The Middle east generally is just there's a level of. Chaos we're trying to make how it sort of all looks and what the next few days might. Bring and then if you look at what's been happening in The United. States so we'll cover all of that from Nine, news the Wonderful jonathan KIDS i don't know how you keep up with it, All Jonathan, Kidsley good, Morning.
Speaker 26: Tony, always good morning to, you and good morning to the Wonderful westman's across the. Network. Here, look sometimes you get a little bit of whiplash in The united what goes. On it's been an extraordinary weekend and yet again With israel And iran essentially at war with each, other that just continues. Today the world's on edge right.
Speaker 1: Now so you talk about that whiplash AND i mean, THIS i, mean how do you KEEP i mean and there's a team of you. THERE i get, that but it's just it's. Mesmerized it's almost our by, Hour.
Speaker 30: Yeah it.
Speaker 26: Is AND i think, Too you've got to remember that this is a country of fifty, states and fifty vast and vastly different, states and everywhere you, go the mood and the sentiment can. Change you look At Los angeles right, now it is a hot bet of, anger and it's a hot better anger because of the actions that The trump administration has taken around immigration raids over the course of the last well start the protests other more than eight days ago. Now but then you go to the far east of the country and yes there's still, frustration they're not the same level of anger that you get on The west. Coast and then right through the middle you've got bleeding Red republican territory where they're essentially trying to bring in The National guard themselves to quell some of these. Issues, so, look this is absolutely the country that is divided right. Now and AS i took to you The White house is now coming out with these lines that THE Us president has thwarted a plan By israel to try and kill A ran supreme. Leader, so With israel And iran involved in this conflict on the other side of the, world you've now that The White house intervening to say that The commander In chief of The United, states who yesterday was parading himself in front of seven thousand troops to mark the army's two hundred and fiftieth birthday and mark his own seventy ninth, birthday they're now saying that Essentially israel came to him with the plan to Kill Ayatola Island, kamani and he turned around and, said, No, benjaminetna don't do. That we Know iran had essentially a hit order out On Donald trump's, life and perhaps The president may well have thought that's going after the running and supreme. Leader might well have just put his own life in. Jeopardy we've already seen to attempt an assassination on his life plot From. Iran so, look it is a worrying time for The United states Of, america for the world with the conflict in The Middle, east and clearly The president is concerned about his own safety as.
Speaker 1: Well tell us about The No king. Campaign it sprang, up it seemed to spring up out of, nowhere or did.
Speaker 26: It, well this was a day that was kind of in the planning for. Months it really noise around, it probably in the last week or, SO i think ever since sort Of Inauguration, day you've Had Flag, day which is what yesterday was in The United states Of, america a day that they salute The american, flag essentially marked in the calendar by protests movements and protest. Groups says what they Called No King. Day they're essentially desired to send a message To Donald. Trump you're not a, Monarch you're not a ruler over all of. Us this is a land of the free and the home of the, brave and you are put there by. Us and you, know The constitution constantly talks about the people of The United states Of. America and you've got to remember those three words that keep getting set over and over and over. Again were the? People were the? People were the? People and that's very much how that protest movement viewed it is that The No King day came out of a protest Against President, trump against The trump administration and WAS i suld both pushed even more into the, headlines given that The president then announced plans for the military parade that he was holding on the same, day and it also came at the same time that we've seen incredibly tense scenes in Downtown Los angeles for eight or nine days. Now you've seen these clashes between protest, groups between, activists and between law enforcement, officials and that has BEEN i, suppose if you, like the hot bed of, activity the hot bed of, anger and it is ground zero on that. Front but The No King, day we saw some two thousand marches plant across The United states yesterday in pretty much every state across the country from west to, east and there were millions of people expected to be, involved and it was designed to send a. Message but you had to contrast that with the extraordinary IMAGE peo that we're coming out Of, WASHINGTON. Dc Donald trump's standing there like a sort of supreme leader if you, like saluting his own. TROOPS i, mean this idea you took To White house officials they say was born out of a parade sort Of france and The Steel day back in his first, administration and they sort of car washed his idea of having one In america during the first. Time trump two point. Over he's doing things very much his, way and clearly that started with the seventy partly started with the seventy million dollar parade. Yesterday a salute to the army at the same, time a salute to himself to make sure all those thousands of troops are standing there right pat in front of, him saluting the commander in, Chief.
Speaker 1: Jonathan just going back to what was happening in la as somebody made the point because we had a birthday, weekend my birthday, weekend so there's a lot of conversation around the lunch and dinner. Table did it feel like in la the commentary was that it was out of? Control or was it a bit like, saying, well if you're In, melbourne there was a lot of activity In campberwell as opposed to the entire part Of. Melbourne is that is that?
Speaker 8: Unfair you're looking at a pocket.
Speaker 26: Right obviously the images that have been sent out around the, world and our Colleague lauren To marsi has obviously been in on the ground struck by a rubber bullet from the opened been an extraordinary job to days on. End i've been out there a the Colleague Reen butler has been out, there particularly, yesterday and you do get a sense on the ground that it is it is, anger but it is also really narrowed to essentially two or three blocks of Downtown Los. Angeles they focus in and around The Federal court. BUILDING i, mean the size Of Los angeles is, monstrous that there are millions and millions and millions of people who lived. There and if you're to try and picture it In, melbourne imagine an area Essentially Burke Street mall that maybe goes north for a couple of, blocks and that's essentially the size of the protest. Movement they keep moving in and around these. Areas they might sprint up a block and then get away from the, police and then they'll come, back and then they'll keep. Going but it's largely focused on a very sort of small. Section it just happens to be incredibly. Intense AND la has had infamous protests and riots. Before The Black Lives matter protests for intense go back way back, decades and you've got The Rodney king protests took place On so, look it's very tense. There let's just hope things can come down.
Speaker 1: Just before we let you. Go the parade, itself where the presidents seem to you, know really get almost get off on. It has it been received Across? America or is it now just more fighter for shows Like Stephen colbert to really have a bit of fun for the next three. Nights.
Speaker 26: Yeah, LOOK i think there was a lot of perception around it because there were largely empty sections of the. Crowd it was very very host and humid In, WASHINGTON dc, yesterday as it does get during this part of the. Year people had been in and around the crowds all. Day the parade actually came at the back part of the. Day it started abound six pm local, time crowds had sort of dissipated by.
Speaker 13: Them he'd.
Speaker 26: ENVISAGED i Think Donald trump is having visaged tens of. Thousands in. Reality by the time it all came to, bear while the images of the military marching through the streets Of, WASHINGTON dc grasped, many then the crowd numbers had certainly. Wooded they had been focusing celebrations right up The National wall all day in the intense, hate and the crowd had been out there and clearly by the time it got around the parade time at six pm local, time you know it was it had been a very very long day for. SOMEONE i. Think so when you look at the politics of, it, right there's been a lot of people who would have traveled in from out of toown Because, washington D. C, yes primarily it is a democratic. Heartland there is no two ways about. It you, know it's essentially like looking at The act because it is it is there to survey political purpose and be the political hub for The United states Of. America it is very much. Democratically, so but, LOOK i think you'll see the late night hosts once they get back on airstar to have a probably have a little bit. PROBABLY i noticed some clips setting to suggest that The president might have been smoothing off or trying to stay or finding it difficult to stay, awake and The secretary Of State Mico rubio scene yawning at. TIMES i, mean you've got.
Speaker 13: To, remember, too.
Speaker 26: Toning these can be very very long events and we all know what it can be like sitting down for an extended period of. Time but in the, Meantime MAY i wish you a happy birthday for the.
Speaker 1: Weekend, jonathan very kind of. You AND i can't thank you enough for your. TIME i hope we can catch up through these very turbulent times when you've got to spare five or six. Minutes, jonathan thank you.
Speaker 26: And it called me Anytime Jonathan.
Speaker 1: Kurzley in The United. States it's great to have him as part Of Australia. Revenue it's just fascinating to watch what's going on in that part of the. World and everybody has a, view and you get this. LENS i guess we get the lens From so if you're watching Nine, news you're watching one of the network. Stations and then if you watch some of the crazy comedy programs that they do at, night doing pretty MUCH i guess at a leftist version of. It but it is all funny and crazy all at the same. Time and good morning in Que good.
Speaker 2: Morning, yes there is a lot going on in the.
Speaker 1: World there's a lot going on in the. World it's hard to keep up sometimes and too.
Speaker 11: Much, look i'd like to get onto a really simple topic AND i want to talk about the golden age of my. Childhood please do it with television.
Speaker 2: Programs AND i just feel as IF i was sort of. Gifted Happy hammond will. STOP i, mean that's the starting.
Speaker 11: Point the Great.
Speaker 2: HAPPY i love watching, him and you believe he was a beautiful man as.
Speaker 1: Well the little interaction THAT i had with him at that. Time you know how you you remember people who for whatever reason come, out even albeit for two or three, minutes and they make you feel really special about what any attention you. Had happy had that natural, ability and it was lovely to AND i was only probably twenty one or twenty, two desperate to get in the, radio and he was so. Encouraging, yeah and he.
Speaker 2: Had that gorgeous big smile on his.
Speaker 1: Face, yeah it was very genuine and you AND I i certainly did grow up watching. Him and then to actually spend three or four five minutes with him at a Good Friday appeal thing was. Amazing and the other.
Speaker 2: Person that was a huge personality Was Uncle norman and the terret.
Speaker 1: Very, much very much so.
Speaker 11: Was he THAT i was one of the kids in the.
Speaker 13: Background and do you remember.
Speaker 1: When he came down that slide and broke his broke his.
Speaker 18: LEG i don't.
Speaker 11: KNOW i don't think that happened with.
Speaker 2: Me ALL i remember is is that that he was bouncing around and his hands were waving around and he had Against they had these big broad. SMILES i think the world has lost the ability to smile.
Speaker 1: NOW i think you're right about. That, Andie i've got to love you and leave you so but that's such a great. Call thank.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 1: Anne you know everyone is talking about the end of the financial, year it's not that far. Away but at NATURE b they're talking about how you can have better health for the rest of the. Year look who it, Is Jeff. COOK a brand new, week good, morning.
Speaker 45: Give a, yes a brand new day and a brand new. Week and what a good decision you could make today to get started on NATURE b Power.
Speaker 40: Polum.
Speaker 13: Listen if you're.
Speaker 45: Feeling run, down if you're lacking an energy and feeling a little bit, Sickondhand, yeah THEN i invite you today to give it a go Because i've got a great offer which is coming up.
Speaker 1: Soon we'll get to that in just a, moment so we'll just. Share, share like your. Beer what makes power pullen that different from other, Supplements.
Speaker 39: Jeff, well it's a.
Speaker 8: Food it's not a drug or.
Speaker 13: Medicine so that's.
Speaker 45: Good that's straight from other nature and our potentiation process cracks open the pollen, grain making it highly by. Available It's nature's perfect fuel and people will really really feel the. BENEFITS i do you, do natural energy that lasts all, day stronger, immunity better, sleep improved, digestion and laser.
Speaker 13: Focus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well especially as we get into these depths of, Winter, jeff it's a great. Booster what's the offer for? Today, well this is a try a try it.
Speaker 45: Offer you can get a thirty day supply of NATURE b for just thirty nine ninety five plus, delivery And i'll give you another thirty days supply Beforee buy, one get one. Free that's enough for you and your partner to both experience the. Benefit and of course it comes with our risk free money back, guarantee sure.
Speaker 1: Does so what to, listeners where do they go to take up this fantastic off our?
Speaker 45: Cookie jump online to natureb dot com or call us on one eight hundred one four seven o. Nine that's NATURE b with two e's to place your.
Speaker 1: Order two ease to place that. Order thank, You Jeff cook natureb dot Com nutrition in which you can believe you, KNOW i like you can't help myself Because i've got the bad. Habits Beautiful Jay tomorrow on the, program which will be first Thing tuesday. Morning Barry urgat's marketing and. STRATEGISTS i can't say it, now strategic. Planner he's. Extraordinary the Great Barry. Ergut we'll cross over to THE uk end Of brady will keep us up to date with what's happening in that part of the, world and if all goes to, plan the Wonderful George Danikium, Morning. George we'll be here soon after five o'clock tomorrow. Morning this Time Tomorrow Morning news and what we put down is a general feel good chat With, George ross And. Rouss The Brecky program coming. Up David armstrong's sitting in The Australia overnight breakfast. Newsroom ross And russ coming up with the three AW Bricki. Program i'm Turning. Mack thank You jay for all we. Know we may never meet. Again may our hands only ever be held out in. Friendship never in what
Speaker 7: Ever i've come for bad have d