Speaker 1: Yes, good morning. I hope you're going well. Simon boumole with you through until one o'clock today. Hey, you going hope you're having a good one thus far. Thank you to Milsey and Carl. Looking forward to the Sound of Music Extravaganza tonight in Northbridge. Should be fun. See you're there if you are one of the many that are going along. Thanks for listening today. I'd love to hear from me one double three eight eighty two the text messages zero four eight seven triple nine eight eighty two. You would have heard in our news that the long running story, the fatiguing ongoing story about Antonetteletooth being booted from the ABC after just three shifts as sena awarded seventy grand in compensation. A What a nightmare that's been for all concern herself as well. So that's just that has involved top management of the ABC. But we'll move on. Hey, that's just just another day, just another day at the National Broadcaster. Really seriously, one double three two is the phone number if you'd like to give us a shout. Today we are going to talk about the choice data that's out today, the basket of groceries that's been published today. No surprises are reckon. The cheapest basket of groceries is at Aldi. The most expenses is at IgA, which you know depends on the basket of groceries, I guess. But if you shop around on IgA, your local IgA, you can find a bargain. But we've got a yes, no question about Aldi. In just a moment on the program. There's been a look reading the Australian newspapers today. There's a push in both Sydney, the city of Sydney, and in the state of Victoria get this to phase out gas appliances in new homes. So in Sydney, New South Wales and in Victoria they're looking to phase out in new homes hot water systems, gas hot water systems and gas cookers. So this is a push to make houses completely electrified as we transition to renewables. Now they have different power system electricity systems in those stays as compared to WA But I wonder if that's coming here. I wonderful ever see that here will start to phase out gas hot water systems and gas cookers. Now, I did say when I was talking to Millsy and Karl Elia that there had been a meeting yesterday between Amber Jade Sanderson, the Minister for Energy and Decarbonization, with some gas industry types. This is incorrect. I got that wrong. My apologies to Amber Jade's office. That meeting is in fact next month, so my apologies. I did have that wrong. So I wonderfully see these sweeping bands come to Perth. No new homes to be built with gas hot water systems or gas cooking. We'll ask the question on the program today. Also on the show today, Sue McDougal's in after Midday talking Gardening, Home Horticulture. Hockey will join us to talk about the Australians playing tonight exploring the Nullaboar Caves. It's at the moment as well, and today is the official start of the fifty year anniversary of when we entered the Korean War. So we speak to Pete Heeney a little bit later on. Pete was the bloke who got the memorial up in Kings Park for the Korean War and ah the city of Cambridge. I often get mentioned on our show with regards to parking fins. They play particularly hard ball if you copp a parking fine in Cambridge. If when you're use an easy park app and you choose the wrong car. So they don't give people a lot of latitude there. And we're going to talk to a resident today who's been fined for parking in front of his own home on the street. So the city of Cambridge Town and Cambridge do not mess around. They don't take any prisoners when it comes to parking. We have a yes no question for you this morning.
Speaker 2: Right, let's clear this up once and for all.
Speaker 1: Do you shop at Audi? Yes? Do you shop it out? Yes?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 1: Do you shop it auty for everything? Choice have worked out that the that their basket of groceries is most expensive at IgA and Aludi is the cheapest. Aldi is the cheapest. Do you do you shop at Audi? And do you shop in the middle aisle or that have all that weird stuff? And what do you buy from Audi? Do you shop it out? Yes or no? There's plenty of them around. They're in most big shopping centers, particularly in the northern, eastern and southern suburbs, not so many out west. But do you shop at Aldi? And do you shop at Aldi for everything? Yes? Or no? We've had one yes thus far from Patrick. Hello Patrick, Yes, I shop at Audi like the range and the price, and the blokes and the checkout are well trained in politeness stress although Patrick, isn't it stressful trying to get your shopping done at? How do you when you're trying to load all your stuff into your into your plastic bags? One double three eight eighty two do you shop at Aldi? Love to hear from you today? And you know the I think when we talked to Choice a little bit later on, they are probably noticing that people like me and you we shop around. We buy our chicken at Woolies maybe, and we buy other stuff. Aldi holds good for tuna and tomato and stuff in cans. Isn't it pasta things like that? Do you shop it out of? Yes or no? One double three two is the phone number. I'd love to hear from you today. And this story was broken yesterday. The WA Electoral Commission appear to be an absolute disarray. Absolute disarray so after the debacle that was the state election, or recruiting staff issues, training key staff for leaving left right and Senate soor Rob Kennedy's on stress leave, Courtney Baron, she's the deputy, She's leaving Shaney wood is leaving. She was the election event person. I've got some thoughts on that, which I'll come back to in just a moment. The WA Electoral Commission in disarray, it would seem, and the local government elections one hundred and thirty nine councils looking for one thousand councilors. They go to the elections on the eighteenth of October twenty twenty five, five days until Malcolm McCusker hands down his report into the state election. And the Electric Commission, which was a final organization beyond approach, appears to be in disarray. Just a reminder, they do have Purce or Kelly at this stage, the outsourced Purce or Kelly. The contractors still have the twenty twenty nine election at this point. Talk about that with the Basil's emblace a little bit later on Janiss phone in do you shop at Audie Janis?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 5: I'd shop there every week, Simon, and I love it and I save a lot of money, my meet and everything. I most couple of things that they don't tell have, So I have to go to Coles, which is leaf to be and that's getting shorter and shorter. Can't buy it.
Speaker 6: Anymore.
Speaker 1: All right, so you're just about everything at Aldi? Yes, all right, well I'll put you down on the yes the very much the yes column. Janice, thank you very much for calling. Cheers. Do you shop at Aldi? The yeses are fourteen the nose A three one, double three, eight eighty two is is the phone number if you want to give us a call today, or we can semss zero four at seven triple ninety two A eighty two. We'll speak to Choice a little bit later on Choices. Choice. Have noticed that we kind of shop around a bit, might buy. I think wool is good for chicken, apparently in chicken breasts, cols are good for apples. Who you one? Double three two? Is the phone numbers that on there, Jimmy, I think she's there, isn't she? No, she's not She's not there. All right, we will come back in just a moment. Thanks for listening. In fourteen past nine. Oh this is on the text, Helen, Yes on text would only cheap it if you buy the specials. Thank you, Helen good A Simon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good mate. I do eighty five percent of my grow throes at Aldi. Yeah, yeah, they're great. There's nothing nothing wrong with the products they have. It's only like the fifteen percent is you know, a certain load Gi bread rolls and I can only get a Woolworth or particular musically bar. But I yeah, eighty five percent at Aldi, speaking of which I'm driving past one now.
Speaker 1: So so you're I'm just looking at your phone. You're You're North, aren't you? Yeah, Gender League, Yeah, all right, so there's plenty around you there.
Speaker 7: Hey, well, yep, there's one there at Butler, and I don't know Clark's and Yan Chep I think got one.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, okay, all right, Simon Man, thanks for phoning in. So seventy five percent of his shopping has done at Aldi. We can have some fun with that today. And we have compiled a list of some of the thing items you can buy from the middle trays. That's auty good, different right, We'll come back in just a moment. Thanks for listening in, And I do want to touch on this on the subject of the WA electoral Commission. Is not a story that you heard here first on six PR, but we will follow up on a little bit more. I've got some strong thoughts on us the three staff that are leaving. That was a debacle wasn't it the last state election? Just a reminder they still have Purce or Kelly still have the contract for the ninety for the twenty twenty nine state election and the local government elections which are coming up in October. Stay listening. Sixteen and a half past nine. Shannon's down in tor Bay this morning. He's semesters. He said, it's cold down there, cold as a mother in law's kiss down here at Torbay. Torboy's in between Denmark and Albany. Get on your Shannon, Thank you mate. It depends on the mother in law, though, doesn't it a little bit? Do you shop at Aldi knows is Dave? Yes this bridget No, not at all his murray, No, not at all. Yes I do, says Helen. No, they sell crap, says and Karences Is often do, but that's only when I can get there. No Bowie has brand too much impulse shopping withst that I'd walk out with a washing machine or an angle grinder. I don't need world. I'mbredded. My local i GA is my preferred option. A lot of people like their local i GA. I do see the same people all the time, Hey see the same staff one double three two tony. Yes, I shop at Aldi. They are best and she was for cleaning products, not so good for fruit and vege. I don't shop at Alberdy. The big lines done of items are a major reason. Thanks Jay. Yeah, we're getting run off her feet here. The text terminal is melting down. The yes is thirty three, the nose at seventeen. Good morning phil.
Speaker 8: Ah, Hi.
Speaker 1: Are you a no? Are you a no? To Aldi?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: I shop there.
Speaker 11: But my issue with Aldi is every time you go there and you ask them a question, they're too busy to answer and they walk off, even the manager because they're too busy cleaning the store. And then when you go to the register, they have one register and then they go well the register, so they open one their register and then so there's a couple of people have gone out of that line that register. Then they close the register again and they have no express fisk. So when you go there with three or four things, you have to wait in front of behind everyone that's got two hundred and three hundred dollars worth of groceries. Says there's ten people in front of you and you've got one item or two items, and it's just so frustrating, mate. And they don't pay anyone to clean their stores. Their staffs have to clean the stores, so they're always busy cleaning.
Speaker 1: Yeah you don't, Yeah you don't. Yeah right, Phil, I've got you. You don't go there for the service, that's for sure. Although I know some young people who work at Aldi and they're lovely, but they are under the pump, So Phil doesn't like I'll put you down on the no column, mate, Thank you. I Shopkarina. Hello Karna, it's nice name, Karina. I've always liked that. I shop at Aldi, but they don't have everything I need, so I still have to go to Woolworths. Janine says, I don't shop it out. It is none anywhere near me. There's none in the western suburbs, Jeanine. The Middle Aisles a spectacular, aren't they? The Middle Aisles. Our man Mark has prepared these today the special buyers in the Middle sixty five products in the Mid Aisle under one hundred bucks. The snow Bear, electric motors and bumps, bedding, sporting equipment, TVs, chainsaw, sewing machine, swimming pool stuff, jousting stick, inflatable jousing sticks, a sewing machine and my favorite that Mark's found is the trombone. There are no Oudis in the Western Suburbs currently, but there are plans to build one at Captain Sterling site on Sterling Highway. The Western Suburbs are getting an ALDI. How about that one? Double three eight two is the phone number? I remember. A couple of months ago we noted that Bouncers was closing the indoor netball center up in the Northern suburbs up in Journal Up and some of the teams are having struggling to get refunds. We'll talk about that in just a moment. You may have heard this on Wrecky this morning. The President of the United States, the commander in chief, has lost his shape somewhat and dropped the rude word. Have a listen. I'm not happy with Israel.
Speaker 10: We basically have two countries that have been.
Speaker 12: Fighting so long and so hard that they don't.
Speaker 13: Know what the fuck they're doing.
Speaker 1: Do you understand that? You know, I often can't understand what he's saying. But that was pretty straightforward, wasn't I He's in charge of the whole world, that bloke. He's got a big red button twenty to quote Billy Connolly twenty four minutes past nine. Mike, you are right. It is the seventy fifth anniversary of the Korean War. Thank you, mate, But it was in nineteen fifty. That's where we got our fifties and our seventy fives mixed up. Thanks mate. I do stand corrected, clear, says I. Shop at Aldi. Their meat is better and so much cheaper. Great for pet food, frozen goods and cleaning products. Go to Aldi for meat. Don't rate their bread or their veggie, says Keeley. Thank you, Keeley. On my nose is gabs. Shop at Aldi's now cheaper and very polite, friendly staff, says Die, Thank you, Die Colers and mother in law's kiss Jack. In case you missed that Bounce to indoor sports. In June, Luck closed due to increases in rant and it was all to do with what the owners want to do with the facility, and some of the teams up there are still waiting for refunds. Lisa Slocum's a spokesperson of the Dodgy Bods there and hand netball team. Good name, Lisa, how are you?
Speaker 14: I'm good? Thank you?
Speaker 1: How much money you owed?
Speaker 14: It's about six hundred, between six and seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Six and seven hundred. Yeah, how did you rack that up? Did you just payovers on game night or something? Did you?
Speaker 14: So what we did was it was only about game three or four into a new season, and so what we would do as a team is we would pay in advance because you know these days, no one's got cash on them, so we would pay one hundred dollars each at the beginning of the season. So you know, we've got eight in our team, so that was you know, so that's eight hundred dollars. And like I said, we were three or four games into the new season, so you know we're still owed between six and seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Sorry Lisa, Sorry intrupt. You didn't keep them yourself. You actually paid it to Bounces.
Speaker 14: Did you, Yes, yes, that's correct. Yeah, okay, And so they ticked it off against our name, and two of our players actually paid on the Tuesday, the night before we got the email to say it was closing.
Speaker 1: Right, So have you spoken to Bounces or what was Bounces? It's closed now, isn't it.
Speaker 15: It's all all done and closed.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's all done and dusted. So that we on April the twenty third, and we got the email to say that Bounces was closing. And so that's exactly the same day one of our other one of our other teammates sent an email which we got no reply from. Again, on the twenty sixth of May, we sent a second email and that hasn't been replied to either, and it was the exact same email that they sent to us advising that they were closing.
Speaker 1: Same email address. Yeah, well so so not able to make contact with them.
Speaker 14: No, No, that's.
Speaker 1: Disappointing, isn't it for a small family business?
Speaker 14: Yeah, and it would you know, you can, I guess you could understand a little bit if they were had gone bankrupt or you know whatever, they were short of fun. But I think it was their decision to close because the rents were going high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, and wanting to use the facility for something else. Hey, Lisa, is there any any other teams in a similar situation? Do you know?
Speaker 14: Well? I suspect that there would be, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. No, I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, but we'll stay in touch, Hay And yeah, it's a fair bit of do six seven hundred dollars. No, doubt about that when you're when you're trying to do the right thing in good faith. Yes, yeah, thanks Lisa. I appreciate that, so so yeah, thank you. Good luck, Lisa Slocum. So are there teams out of pocket for when bouncer are closed down? It's not a massive amount of money, but it is, isn't it? One hundred bucks? Poo person one double three eight eighty two? Do you shop at Aldi? The yeses of forty seven the nose of twenty Hello, Sally.
Speaker 6: Hello, definitely definitely yes. And they're so ploite and they's funny. And one even when the escalators weren't working, carried my ear fry that I just bought all the way down to my car.
Speaker 1: Did they really? That's very nice? That would have caused chaos in the shop, I reckon, given how how lean they run the start Sally, I'll put.
Speaker 6: You down and they're pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll put you down. The yes column, thank you one double three heady two. Peta is just wondering how you kissed your mother in law to establish if it's cold or not. It's a very good question, Pete. I'm going to back out of this. I'm going to reverse my way out of this. Helen says, great show. Thank you, Thank you, Helen. Never shop it, Oudie, takes too long to find what you want? Like you shop around and often get fresh food at Spudshed especially snaggers thumbs up from Helen. It take Does it take too long to find what you want? Once you know where everything is? That, Helen, Once you know where the tuna is and the cheese is, it's got to get used to it. Thanks Helen. Alien says, the proposed Aldi's at the Captain Serlings has been on the go for ten years. I'm not sure why the delay so far. The only thing that's happened it's a demolition of what was once a very good little shopping center. Thank you, Aileen. Aileen is the voice of reason. Thank you asking the question this morning, do you shop at Audi? And you know you're more than happy to expand on that the A lot of us do shop around. I reckon if you live near a set of shops like mine, you've got a wolves of Woolies or Corals and Aldi and a little fresh produce shop as well. It's pretty good. The yes is a forty eight The nose of twenty one. It's according to choice, it is the cheapest basket of groceries going around. Yes to Audi. They offer exactly what they say, no frills, good prices, says Rachel. Thank you. Rachel. Phil says, I don't shop it out. I don't shop it out if you few times has been in the local one, they've never had anything else after filling Quanana. Yeah, this is now dying Quanana Phil, and it's it's busy. Thanks mate, will come back in just a moment. Is twenty nine and a half minutes past nine o'clock. I do have some thoughts on the number of the top staff leaving the WA Electoral Commission. Who was it? Whose idea was it to outsource the state election the twenty twenty five state election. Who was it? Was it one of the three that are leaving, whose idea was it? And let's not forget as mister McCusker considers his report, the crew PURCLL Kelly still have the twenty twenty nine state election on their books. They do have that contract. Stay listening.
Speaker 16: Starting to clear up on the majors now. The Mitchell Freeway of flying out Okay Kanana and Northbounds still busy around Farrington Road to Cramford have underspeed Row Highway eastbound at Wileary Drive to Nicholson Road and Leech Highway northbound at Manning Road in Wilson. Likewise, Row Highway northbound at Great East and the Highway bypass in Hazelmere, the tunnel still underspeed westbound.
Speaker 1: I'm seb Claire, Comperth Traffic Leader six pr. Actually the silver is the CEO of choice and joins us now. Gooday, Ashley, thanks for your time.
Speaker 10: Good morning Bowie.
Speaker 1: We are running a poll this morning, Ashley. Do you shop at Aldi? The yes is a fifty two, the nose are twenty two. People go there in great number and your survey suggests your barsket of goods is the cheapest.
Speaker 10: It does.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and this is year two of doing these surveys. So we saw that consistently last year too, that Aldi was overall the best place to shop in terms of price. The gaps narrowed a bit this year, though.
Speaker 1: Okay, to who's in Who's in two? I think I think i Ga is in four, isn't it Who's in two? And three? Coals and woolies.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so it's coals and Woolies. That's right.
Speaker 17: I mean overall nationally, Coals is in the second spot, with.
Speaker 1: Woolworth in thirds, and was the choice survey show different product range. People go to the four big stores for different products.
Speaker 17: Right, Yeah, that's right. So I mean one of the things we've changed this year is the basket of goods that we're shopping for. You know, shoppers taught us they wanted more fresh produce and also a chance for us to test a greater range of products. So we've kind of split the basket in half, and one half will test every quarter the same thing, and then the other half will vary that up season to season. So this quarter in the part that changes, we've added in things like vegetable stock, pumpkin oats, hot chocolate for anyone who's feeling the cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, actually what so what were some of those headlines? I think I read that maybe coals are good for apples, Woolies good for chicken breast, Is that right?
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 17: So it's interesting because all these cheapest overall, but not for everything. And yet you are right, Wilworth was cheaper for chicken breasts and pumpkin holes for apples, and actually IgA was the best for carrots and garlic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, anything else we need to know Actually that our text machine is melting down here on this one. Do you shop at how do the yeses are coming in big time? Any other headlines from the survey.
Speaker 17: Yeah, look, I think the thing it reinforces so people who can't get to an ldie and that's still a lot of people in Australia who don't have easy access to an aldie or sometimes even a good viable second alternative. You know, the things we kind of recommend around how do you get the best of value in a shop? For those folks would be trying to turn autopilot off. So don't just even if you want to get in and out as quickly as possible, slow down, look at what's on special. Use the unit price thing, so that helps you compare across brand, sizes and different types. So that allows you, for instance, to say our leader of this stock costs as much versus a leader of that. Swap out fresh fruit for frozen or tin. That's a good alternative. And don't be afraid to give the home brand or house brand products to go. They often test better.
Speaker 18: In our view.
Speaker 1: The signature lines actually, thank you. I know you're busy today. Appreciate your time talking to us at six PR no worries, thank you, Thank you, Actuley the Silver the CEO choice. So I'd love to hear from you today. I'm a grumpy JB says, I'm a yes for Audi. I'm a pensioner and I shop at AUTI every penny counts. By the way, Woolli's at carousel, Cannington's close. It's an express lane a year ago. You don't go through the auto cashier. They don't have one or two people. Cash is available most of the time. Is a big que service at Willlies has gone down. Thanks JV. You haven't noticed it where I am mate, but thank you. Maxi and says yes, I work for Coals and eat with my five cent staff discount. I shop at Aldi. It's cheaper. Thank you, Maxine. Sightful. No Murray says, I don't shop at Audi or their meat and milk products come from Victoria. I support Wa farmers. They need all their help they can get. Thanks Marz mixes, No, I don't shop at Audi. But you've got two things wrong already this morning. I think you need to get out more. Thanks Mick, thanks for keeping me honest. Don't think about three mistakes an hour, Mick. And you know that Craig here shopping at Audi. No, it's ninety percent of the products with Eastern States are overseas. I like to support WA local. Thanks Craig. Aldi shells are nearly empty. Thank you, Craig. Appreciate your thoughts today. Do you shop at Audi?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: The fifty ones and the nose of twenty eight and a lot of people making the comment you go to Aldi to buy some milk and you end up with a caravan cover or something else. David and como, Audi is the most expensive store there is. You go for milk, bread and eggs and you come out with a bunch of tools and gadgets and a caravan cover. But I didn't know I need it. Thanks, Dave John says, not really. Maybe once a month. Going off today, the Choice survey is saying Audi is the cheapest over the basket of goods, but not for everything. And broadly I think we shop at different places for different stuff, don't we. The yes is a fifty four? Do you shop at Aldi? The nose of twenty eight? And while we were going around on while we were doing this exercise today, we got to thinking, there's no AUDI in the Western suburbs, right, so the Golden Triangle, there's no Audi over there. What else do the Western suburbs not have? This is part of this discussion. This came up with our little team this morning. No Audi's in the Western suburbs. What else do the Western suburbs not have? Listeners that we all enjoy in the Northern, Eastern and southern suburbs outside of the Golden Triangle, else do they not have? There's a heap of them. There's a heap of stuff they're missing out on in the Western suburbs. Yeah, they've got the river, the beaches. I've got those nice houses and those nice cars, but they haven't got an Audi. Have they? Lots of other other retail outlets they don't have over there. We've compiled of this at one, two, three of about ten stuff that you don't see in the Western suburbs, retail shops or retail things they don't have in the Western suburbs. Give us a call, No aldis, no Big W's in the Western suburbs. None, zero. They haven't got an Ikea minded there's only one would possibly took one and a half. I ikes and Perth. Isn't there no Aldi, no Big w, no Ikea in the Western suburbs. What else do they not have? Joe's phoned in Hello Joe, go sign?
Speaker 19: How are your good?
Speaker 10: May?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 20: Good good? I definitely shop it out, but all of them. I'm a grocery tragic. Pounce around everywhere and go to a lot of specialty shops. But now the cleaning and their dairy, like their cheeses and things like that are excellent, done for money. Everything else is a bit hidden this but just the cleaning products.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, good, thank you. Joe phone has a bit of literally there mate, but thank you, Jenny says, I love the show. Thank you, Jenny. That's nice. I shop it out in the chocolate and biscuits there are deluxe good word Jenny. Yes, I shop at Aldi Fresh the fresh produce. Spudshed kills them all, thanks Brian. Yes, Spudshed is not canvas by choice. We're lucky to have spudsheds. I reckon Aldi. W A does sell meat from w A Growers is one of our listeners. What do the Western suburbs lack? They've got no Aldi they've got no Big W's got no I ka what else do the Western suburbs not have? See if you can can complete out our list? Western suburbs lack good phone reception? Is that right, Sally? Any Are there any reject shops in the Western suburbs. No, there's not, They're on our list. No reject shops you have to go to if you live in the Western suburbs, you're if you want to go to a normal, normal shop, you know the battle shops that we will go. Do you have to go to Innulu? The Western suburbs do not have a reject shop an Aldi, No, I k no big W. What else are they not over there? Stavros Cordon So the Western suburbs don't have Bogans and stave cheers troy Gate.
Speaker 21: People are judgmental light days the people believe.
Speaker 1: Are stereo typing today.
Speaker 21: Yeah, well I'd hate to think what they think. Maybe you know what I don't really key anyway?
Speaker 22: Mine is.
Speaker 21: I don't stop an audio. Obviously we don't have one in Colligue Simon.
Speaker 3: But I just.
Speaker 21: We've got chairs in Polly.
Speaker 23: Simon.
Speaker 21: There is that us serious. He wasn't cooperating as pretty usual but I just said to share, and there's actually a song about Audi and it's quite hilarious. You're saying about you walking with you know, the bread and milk and to come out with tools and a caravan cover. Well that's basically what this song is about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'll try.
Speaker 10: Quite funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll try and find it. Dimon, cheers, mate, have a good day down there. Troy from Collie not stay in his lane, not ringing during sport. Carl Anglam reckons farmer jacks is the best. Yeah, they're pretty good, don't they, Carl? There are hybrid I g a kind of a setup. There's some ripper farmer jacks around the place. A good one. And well up, isn't there Carl carlos one double three eighty two. What shops do you not have in the western suburbs? The Mark.
Speaker 10: There? You go good considering they probably get contractors and tradersman and do all who work. I don't reckon there's too many Bunning stores over there.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 1: Mark? There is one in Claremont and that's it, and that's got a two story double. I think yeah, I think you're right. We talked about that yeah, there's only one bunning Is in the Western suburbs. The double story one's got the little l escalator thing goes up in the middle. Thank you get a Ian?
Speaker 24: Yeah, this is aara I would think, you know, it's time for that organization to have one in the Western suburbs.
Speaker 25: Is certainly a market for it.
Speaker 24: So surprised is only one that carrying up?
Speaker 10: So let one in the Western suburbs.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this Ian. He's carrying up the Western suburbs.
Speaker 24: I don't see there's the Western Suburbs. Not by definition bringing up likely never.
Speaker 1: Was, never was, never was, never will be. Thanks mate, cheers. No Gazara, I'll put that on the list. There we go. No Audi, no o k here, no big w They do have a Bunnings. No reject shops in the Western suburbs. Good a Simon, Yeah, good o Simon.
Speaker 10: Not exactly a shot, but they've got nothing in the backyard. There's a bunch of nmbies over there.
Speaker 1: They don't. Yeah, that's it's just a bit of casual stereotyping. They shall we folks. There's no spudshed. There are no spudshs in the Western suburbs. There are no Dan Murphy's in the Western subs. All about shops that we all love. There's no Drummonds Golf in the Western suburbs. There's no Department of Transport Licensing center in the Western suburbs is West Perth or Western suburb. There's no AFL stores, and there's no Guzman's e Gomes. So there's our list, Audi spudsher Dot Licensing, no Aki, no Dan Murphy's, no Drummonds, no BW, no reject shop, no Goozman game is, no AFL stores and those areas, according to to Ian shops you don't get in the Western suburbs. One double three eight at two is the phone number. Bunnings is also in Subiaco, says Kate. Thank you Kate. Do they have a McDonald since they do Mark in jolly Mont's they have a macas in Jolly Moont. No black market tobacco shops in the Western suburbs is Kylo Frio Dricking. That's right. Can you buy a black market tobacco in the Western subb Sure? Oh yeah, was the response from the Jolly wont Man. No super cheap auto, Yeah, that's a good one. Thank you. Mark shops you don't get in the Western suburbs. Having a bit of fun with that. I do want to come back in and just a moment, the debarcle that is the WA Electoral Commission. The story came to light yesterday at another outlet. The top three have left. So the head of the Commissioner himself, Rob Kennedy, has been missing in action for some time. Good fellow Rob Kennedy, really good bloke, good operator. He's left on stress leave. The deputy's gone in Courtney Barron and Shaney Woods, who was who was the election event person has gone as well. Got the local or government elections coming up. They've got the mccusky report being handed down in five days. They are in disarray up there. This once mighty August organization is in all sorts of bother. Back in a second. It's quarter to ten. Ronnie's asking and the question is Port Coogee and Fremantle in the Western suburbs. It's as west as you can get. That's true, Ronnie. But I think it's more southwest, isn't it. Frios not Western suburbs. I don't think Mossie Park, Claremont, Subi City, Beach, Wembley when we downs their western suburbs, aren't they make thanks Ronnie, I don't. I don't think Port Cougee is. Do the western suburbs have a kmart? Says Jenna. Do they mark there's one?
Speaker 10: Is there?
Speaker 1: There's a target in SUBI isn't there no kmart? As well? Lots of people not too happy with the Bunnings in Clermont either. I don't mind it. I don't mind the Bunnings in claim On anyway, of course, there is an off off market tobacco shops in the western suburbs. I was in one yesterday. It's his agent. Thank you? This one here? Do you shop at Aldi? This is Ben and Beal Divers. I'm a yes to Aldie. It's good. It's different. Their own brand tim Tams are over half the price and are indistinguishable from the real thing. Chocolate's good too, Thanks Ben. Now we have made the point a number of times on the program. If you use easy park and you register the wrong car or your default car is the wrong one, there are a lot of There are quite a few councils in wa that will let you off. The Town of Cambridge is not one of those. Town of Cambridge are very very tough and run a very very firm ruler under parking infringements. Rob Cousins will know he lives in the city of Cambridge, the town of Cambridge, and he has been pined for parking outside his own house.
Speaker 10: Could I Rob Simon there are you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good? Thanks? So this is this is Vince's Street West, which is a little sort of slip road that runs up up the hill near Lake Manga. What happened.
Speaker 18: Basically a part mer current on the street. Obviously, because I'll reside here and once in a blue moon you might see a ranger. But on this one, on particular day, I still got a ticket, and so I've made inquiries to the council about having it removed and they basically there's only three ways which you can get a ticket with drawn, and that's like you've got a Breaken card down, your car's got to be towed or a theft and or you can go into the actual shower itself. But as we've heard on the radio station before that people go in and try to plead their case in the person on a desk has no emotional or compassion and just says, no, you've got to pay for it. So that's pretty much the xact same as the town of Vincent. So I put in a whole heap of mitigating circumstances. For example, the street that we live in has commercial properties in it, and throughout the day the street is actually packed with people who work there park and take up two car parks. My side of the street, it's two our parking on the other side side of the street. It's okay. So if I put my car on the street and don't move for a few days, by right, I'm going to get a speeding ticket. So sorry, a parking ticket. So I asked the council, can we get a permit? And apparently, because we've got six in our complex, you can only get permit if you've got five. But the council are not willing to buzz. They're not willing to do anything because I didn't follow the prosidual process by having one of those three excuses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, breakdown, emergency, can needs to be towed or whatever. So there are three reasons. So right, rob, even though you've written to them and presented to them, they still they're still saying even at your house being pinged outside your your house, they're saying too bad.
Speaker 18: Pretty much exactly right, yep, And we pay a couple of that thousand dollars a.
Speaker 10: Year rates for them.
Speaker 18: But one of the biggest thing is is that they've got these signs, but they're never enforced. You never see a ranger here that there has been cars parked in the street for days and no tickets. Nothing is just on this one particularly day a guide to the outside to come down the street and ping people. So what's the point of having signs and having that sort of penalty system if.
Speaker 10: Not going to force it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that stops you from parking outside your own house or sometimes from in your a looted car park at the house. Right.
Speaker 18: Unfortunately, in our complex you can't park on the actual complex itself. There's no visitors car park. You have to park within the within your garage. But as you know, garages are pretty small back when this is built, and cars a lot bigger. So my farm, you it doesn't fit at all and I can't turn. So unfortunately, what I have to do is I'm going to park on the verge. Now because I park on the verge, which we don't want, then there's another car side by side, So there's two cars by side, so when he's what he's reversing out, it's also a safety issue as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well we'll follow up with a Cambridge because certainly it's coming through loud and clear from other people that we've heard from. The Cambridge just will not back down on parking infringes whatsoever. Other councils do. We're here that South Perth a pretty reasonable vincent. Are reasonable, but your crew and this has been pinging for parking outside your house, Rob. We'll follow it up. We'll see if we can get mister mac on the mayor to have a chat about it. I know, thank you, Rob. I know from other people who've made contact with us, they've actually presented to the council. Speak to the people at the desk, say look here, I paid, I paid my parking fee, I just selected the wrong car. You can you pull back one hundred dollar fine and the poor people at the death say no, you have to write to the mayor, got to write to Gary Mack, got to email him and then just get a straight bounce back. So don't overpark in the city. Cambridge listeners would be my advice, because they're not backing down at this stage, even someone like Rob can't even park in front of his house, can a.
Speaker 26: Lindsey, Hi, thank you for the opportunity to speak. I quickly our story. My wife and I parked on my Court Street. She had an appartment with a cancer specialist at Saint John of God's. There we used the easy park app system to purchase the ticket. That fore you was duly deducted for one hour's parking from her account. When we came back, there was an eighty dollar fine on the car. And what had happened is that had defaulted to the registration of the other car. We have simple mistake and a common mistake. I believed the parking inspector. He was nearby and incredibly we asked him what the process was. He said, appeal as per the instructions on the ticket and if that fails, me to ring six PR. We should ring six PR.
Speaker 1: Well that's what you're doing. That means you fail. So that's Cambridge too, isn't it, Lenz Yes.
Speaker 26: City of Cambridge, sorry, Town of Cambridge. But get this were our appeal failed because of the reasons that Rob gave. It didn't meet those three criterias they're given so I actually rang the department to discuss my appeal and they said, oh, yeah, it's very common, it happens all the time.
Speaker 27: But we're not we're not going to rescind it, and.
Speaker 26: We're going to go through the collection process, final notices or whatever, and culminated then taking us to court. So I said to them, Okay, we'll look forward to you getting us before the magistrate and we'll be able to tell the magistrate the sixty three year old cancer patient who was confused or not confused, but she put the wrong registration number down and you're going to find her and you're going to prosecutor. But the incredible thing is go and keep going sorry for so yeah, just the incredible thing is I said to him, well that you're going to refund that one hour's parking that we incorrectly paid.
Speaker 13: It, and they said, no, we're not going to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the thing. So that's five of you now, Lindsay, and I'm sorry to hear that your your wife is crooked. That's five people I know who have are in this situation with the city. Came so we'll try and get Gary mack on pretty reasonable bloke gas. We'll try and get him on because it's coming through loud and clear. Cambridge just simply not backing down at all. And if you've paid for your parking and you've used the wrong registration on easy Park, surely surely the fine should be mitigated or let off or the amount itself. Surely the other councils are doing it, especially when you see a ranger in the area. The range's telling people to ring six PR. Well, if you're a ranger in the city town of Cambridge, give us a call one double three A two back. In a moment, Elizabeth said, there's no red dot in the western suburbs. Thank you, Elizabeth. There's no real toolshop in the Western suburbs, says Brian. His bunny is not a real toolshop, Ryan, thank you mate. A very good target in Subie, says Robin. But no cam Art Listening from Alberty on the six PR app love listen to your program, Robin. That's very nice of you literally down there today. I'll come back to the city Cambridge in just a moment and we will talk about the WA Electrical Commission as well. After ten. How good Sky News are reporting that the police are going to provide an update on the missing man Peter Falconio, the missing Englishman for which Bradley John Murdock has been incarcerated for for his murder and disappearance. And of course the reporting came out yesterday that Bradley John Murdock is unwell and in palliative care in the Northern Territory. And of course this story does have a huge Western Australian tie in, and that Bradley John Murdock was working in Broom at a smash repair yard at the time of his arrest and during that investigation. The police are providing an update. We'll just it's coming out of Darwin, so we'll keep an eye on that for you to see if it's that the fact that Bradley John Murdock is unwell and is in care at the moment because of ill health, it may just be an update around that. But do the police have more information about the disappearance of Peter Falconio, of whose remains have never been found. It's eight minutes past ten. Bring you that as that comes to hand. We're asking the question this morning, do you shop at Aldi Choice have found that audi overall on their basket of groceries and goods. Is the cheapest supermarket around of the big four. Aldi IgA Woolies and Coals, and of course in Wa we have other options like Farmer Jack's and of course that's Spudshed. So that's the call our question today, Yes, no question, do you shop at Aldi? The yes is sixty eight and then those thirty five And we are talking about Cambridge Council at the moment with regards so they're parking fines and they're a very tough approach to not refunding parking fines and still taking parking fees off people when they use the easy park app. We'll talk about that on the program. It is the seventy fifth anniversary of the start of the Korean War and must speak to Matt Kele and just the moment the Veterans Affairs Minister, he will join us as a month of commemorations and remembrances begin on this day. Today we're asking the question the stores, the retail outlets that you will never see in the western suburbs. There's no Holy moldy, those little golf pluck faces. I don't think you can play ten pin bowling in the Western suburbs and as best I can tell, there's no auto ones auto ones everywhere else. And Lissa from City Beach, I hope I pronounced that right. LISTA with the two s's. There's a red dot at the flory At Forum. There is Lissa and the best and less as well. Thanks for listening, and you can call us one double three eight eighty two. Today is the start, the beginning of the beginning, the commemoration at the beginning of the Korean War back in nineteen fifty. Mat Kio is the Minister for Veterans Affairs and joins us.
Speaker 10: Now, gooday, Matt good Simon, go through with you.
Speaker 1: You're in Canberra today. And West Australians were involved in this theater of war.
Speaker 10: Absolutely Western Australians were involved. We had over sixteen hundred Western Australians in fact served in the Korean conflict as part of the eighteen thousand Australians that participated. Australia was the second country to have all three forces Navy, Army, Air Force involved in supporting the South Koreans when they were invaded by North Korea. And it's a very important day to day with the seventy fifth anniversary of the commencement of that conflict, recognizing the service of those eighteen thousand and particularly remembering the three hundred and forty Australians that were killed, with still forty three missing in action. Indeed six of those missing in action work from Way.
Speaker 1: And mad I'm aware of the memorial in Kings Park, which I think was only opened a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: Retally, yeah, we'll speak.
Speaker 1: We'll speak to Peter Heeny about that in just a moment. But what's your understanding of what the next month will hold in terms of remembering.
Speaker 10: Well, as with our commemorative activity, it's important when we say the words are the end of the ode, lest we forget that that is not hollow, that Australians remember all of those that have worn our uniform on our behalf and served in conflict and through a range of operations including peacekeeping. And if we think about the Korean War, which sometimes gets overlooked in the shadow of the Second World War and before the Vietnam War, there was a conflict that Australia was a key participant in along with twenty two country supporting South Korea, but one we continue to be involved in today. Whilst it's just over seventy years ago that the armistice was signed and the guns fell silent in the Korean War, we still have Australians up in the DMZ, up in the de militarized own part of the UN command there managing what is still there's no peace treaty yet in the Korean conflict. It's important to remember not just those that participated the eighteen thousand in the war itself and those that died in it, but also those that continue to be engaged in monitoring the peace.
Speaker 1: Do you And I'll ask Peter Heeny in this in just a moment, because he's the State Secretary here, Matt. It is a national national remembrances today and through the month and will let go into the states, into the jurisdictions.
Speaker 10: So yes, we've had the National service this morning here in Canberra, and I know that in across all states where they're having their own commemorations.
Speaker 9: Of course, not.
Speaker 10: Every Carean veteran can make it to Canberra. We had great representation here. In fact, I can tell you one of the people who participated in the commemorative ceremony here in Canberra was a Western Australian from Esperance who decided he wanted to drive himself to Canberra to participate. We offered to wirem over he drove, which shows you the commitment of these guys. And we're talking about guys that were have an average age of ninety three. Well, and you know, so there's not that many of them left, and it's important that we as a nation continue to remember their service and their sacrifice. You know, many came back injured, not just with physical injury, but mental scars as well, you know, supported by families, and we remember all of those that were involved.
Speaker 1: Mat as a senior member of the Albanesi government, I'll ask you this if I may. We had a point where we are now talking about the US air strikes on Teyran. Does the Albanesi government out and your government's support those strikes?
Speaker 10: Well, we've said certainly that we are supported, you know, supported taking out that nuclear capability of Iran that was critically important. We've acknowledged that. Many of my colleagues have been acknowledging that over the last few days. But what's important also now is that the ceasefire between Iran and Israel sticks somewhere and starting to see that now, which is really important to de escalate those tensions in the region. Of course, in the meantime we've been supporting Australians who have been needing to get out of that region as well, and we've already had one military assisted transport out of Australians from the area. And I think we're starting to see now a return to commercial options for people to be able to travel as well, which is incredibly important. But making sure that that threat of Iran holding a nu killar weapon, which globally would not be acceptable, making sure that that didn't occur was very important.
Speaker 1: Matt, How does the mechanics of it work, not strictly your remit being their Veterans Affairs Minister, but being a senior member of the government, how our briefings passed to say, for example, mister, our needum is one.
Speaker 10: Well, as you would imagine, I don't really go into how we operationalize the conduct of our defense activities and how we engage diplomatically, especially amongst our five used partners, which includes the United States, was incredibly important ally, and relationship that we hold with them and others when it comes to intelligence and operations I'm not going to go into the detail of that, but obviously that relationship that we hold with the United States is incredibly important, particularly in our region where we are concentrating on making sure that we maintain the status quo and stability across our region and what are increasingly uncertain global times across obviously in the Middle East right now, but also areas like Ukraine and through the Pacific Indo Pacific as well. We're working with all partners to make sure that we maintain a stable region.
Speaker 1: We are chatting to you first and foremost with regards to remembering the Korean War starting today, Matt, and we appreciate your time and we will speak to Peter Heeney from Western Australia who's the secretary of the movement here in Wa. Thanks your time, minister, Thanks boy, cheers mate, Matt Keo the Veterans Affairs Minister. And yes, it's so that it's seventy five years nineteen fifty when it kicked off. The numbers are one, six hundred and seventy three people who were born in w served in the conflict. Thirty four were killed and six were classified as missing in action. Love to hear from you today. I do have a distant family member who who has since passed away, but was involved in the Korean War as part of the New Zealand Armed Forces. So love to hear from you today. Is your fam was your family impacted? Did you have a Korean vet in your family? And again it might extend to keep we who are listening today? And what did they say? What was it like? I remember seeing the medals in this fella's house. Wasn't terribly happy about being involved. He was a young man at the time, but he's no longer with us. But I do have a distant family member who's involved in the Korean conflicts. At you one double three eighty two, Peter, stay there mate, I'll get to you in just a second. It is sixteen minutes past ten the Korean War? Did you have family members involved? Thanks for listening asking the question today. Do you shop at Aldi? They are the cheapest according to choice when you buy a certain basket of groceries and goods. The yes sixty eight, the nose of thirty six. We were asking the question too. Shops that you don't get in the western suburbs, which has been a lot of fun and a little bit. We are stereotyping a little bit, but it's based on fact and data. There's no Aldi spudshared dot licensing, sent ink, Dan Murphy's Golf, thanks Mark big w reject shop, Goodsman or the AFL store. No, Holy Molly, no auto ones in the Western suburbs. Day from Gilfherd says well they do have a boat shed, so nothing else is required. Thanks David. Yes that is a good shot. Pedro says, I was dropping one of our daughters back at PLC boarding house and the wife called saying the young lady needed new pillows for the new term to drive to Caymarden in lou Still cheaper than adairs in Evans, says Joe, and I do. I do think it's pretty funny that if Western Suburbs people want to go to a battler's shop, they go to Interlou. She's got everything, as they said in the Blues Brothers, they've got everything in here. Peter's fund in Hi Peter Cambridge City Council.
Speaker 28: Yes, yes, Simon, yeah, he had a bit of an experience for there a little while ago. Now, yes, I went there an appointment obtson Saint John of God's Hospital and there was as per usual, it was not very mean parking spot. So I've got to park. But the person behind me was was was over, was over over the line. So I put it in the best I could and I probably maximum we would have been over probably about four or six inches over the over the white line, and there's nothing I could do about it because there was a minimum spot. So anyhow, come back out after my appointment and they had a bit of two or three hundred dollars fine on my car. So yeah, I I went and found out that I had to email of them and to contest it. So but about two or three emails didn't get anywhere, so I ended up going in and they were just so unreasonable. They just didn't really want to know about it. And it sounds like things haven't changed with the with the people it's been ringing up earlier their time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your number eight peet from from it, just from our listeners, number eight who's had dramas getting a parking fine either you know, mitigator, change withdrawn whatever from Cambridge. So we will try and we'll try and speak to the mayor. I'm sorry to hear that. Mate. Three hundred bucks.
Speaker 28: Yeah, it's yeah, it hits you, hits you hit pocket.
Speaker 1: Thanks Peter. So it's only it's not a big shire. It's one of the It was originally part of the City of Perth. Wasn't that Cambridge Remember when they broke up into four Vincent Cambridge, City of Perth and and the other council And they they're only a small council. They are a town, which you know, which suggests that they're a small council. But they go hard on the parking fines. I wonder if they're set up just not set up to withdraw them. Other councilors do do it. I know Rockingham has I had a parking fine withdrawn from Rockingham just sending a photo and said, look, I'm not part of this. This infringement is not what it appears to be. I've heard that Vincent are pretty good, South Perth are pretty good. Cambridge go hard on and I guess it's a smaller shire and they have the parking capacity. But having to hear from you, you know, what's a what's a shop that you can't get in the western suburbs gym?
Speaker 28: Yeah, Simon, how are you mate?
Speaker 22: You haven't got no, no, two dollars, two dollars, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't they haven't. I don't think they've got there's a Regix shop in the flory at four American, Jim.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I think they.
Speaker 21: Haven't got two dollar shops you know where you can buy anything for two dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably right, mate, You're absolutely right, Thank you, Jim. No Indian spice store by you buy those ducks, those ducks that hang up the red ducks can buy them. Gain you. There's no China. There's no Chinatown in the Western suburbs. You've got a Rebel sports. Yes, you have got an office works, SUBI office works and SUBI yep. I'm talking to Sean who lives in the Western suburbs and is very funny. The Indian spice rug shops. You got rug shops. They've got cane shops in near Clairmontier cane shops. Yeah, yeah, all right. We are now moving into dangerous stereotyping territory. One three eight two is the phone I'm going to speak to Basil in just a moment. This debarkle that is the WA Electoral Commission. Just a reminder, just a reminder, pest Per soul Kelly, who had the contract to run the recruitment, training, counting and other parts of the state election in twenty twenty five, who stuffed it up royally, still have the contract for the twenty twenty nine election, and they have the contract for the local government elections which are on in October this year. The top three have left. Will speak to bas about it in just a moment on the show Today mark's the start of the Korean War seventy five years ago. Peter Heaney is the secretary of the Korean War Memorial in Kings Park and Pete joins us. Now, Hello, Peter, how are you?
Speaker 23: Good morning boy, I'm cold, Thank you.
Speaker 22: I'm up at King's.
Speaker 1: Park all right, So, okay, you have a service there today, do you?
Speaker 22: Yeah, we have a service to mark the seventy fifth anniversary of the Australian service and style of the war in Korea. And it's about a.
Speaker 1: Just lost you there, Pete, say again, we lost your phone.
Speaker 22: Yeah, there's about one hundred people here at the moment to mark the anniversary, the seventy fifth anniversary of the commencement.
Speaker 28: Of the Korean War.
Speaker 1: At the memorial itself, Pete.
Speaker 10: Yes, at the memorial.
Speaker 22: We're about to start the service in about five minutes.
Speaker 27: Bowie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right mate, Well that's a good turnout. We were talking to Matt Keo, the Minister for Vets Affair, and he was saying, you know, one bloke drove from France to Canberra, Pete, that's to be part of it today. And they are. They're older blokes now, aren't They're in their nineties.
Speaker 22: As Unctimately, Simon, a lot of our boys, Korean boys, are passing away and it's the end of an era actually, because as the Vietnam veterans are the next ones to go.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you that you're a man of Vietnam and of course you know had a lot to do with legacy over the years, so a legacy represented there today, Peter.
Speaker 22: Yes, legacy are represented not only by me, but the President Legate Steve Style is here as well as as well as all the service heads, the Brigadier commodorees. They're all here today to mark the seventy fifth anniversary.
Speaker 10: Simon and Peter.
Speaker 1: The crowd that's gathered one hundred or so, some of those would be veterans themselves, would I imagine there be family and loved ones in attendance too.
Speaker 22: Yes, there's a lot of family and loved ones. As we've mentioned earlier that the Korean veterans are getting older and unforunately passing away and the families love coming along up here to the Korean War Memorial and looking at the names of the nineteen hundred and eighteen West Australians that served in Korea. And of course we've got an honor roll up here too, which I think I've mentioned to you previously. It's got not thirty nine names on the honor roll of West Australians that were either killed in action or there were five of our Korean veterans had accidents up in Korea during the Korean War.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Peter, I'm going to let you go because I know you're due to do your thing in a couple of minutes. Time for people who would like to pay their respects in over the over the coming month or so. Peter, where is the memorial Specifically.
Speaker 22: The memorial is on the corner of Saw Avenue and May Drive, And don't forget Simon. On the twenty seventh of July, which is the Armistice day. There is a big celebration up here at ten o'clock at the Korean War Memorial.
Speaker 1: All right, really good to talk to you, Peter. Thank you mate, Thanks for having a chat to us. And stay warm and do your thing, keep up the good work.
Speaker 22: Thanks mate. We'll look forward to talking to you at all later day.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Peter Heeny. So the twenty seventh of July is the Armisis Day, the cessation of hostilities on the Korean Peninsula. Peter Heeny's is sexually the Korean Warmermorial in Kings Park. It was only opened a couple of years ago, in twenty twenty three, and Pete and his mates were instrumental in doing that. Peter himself is a Vietnam veteran and a fine fella. Thanks Peter. Ten point thirty. So just a couple of minutes until the ceremony starts there. So if you if you drive through Subie in driving out of Subi on Rockaby, Rockaby, as you know, goes in crosses Thomas Loft Us and goes into King's Park and when you get to that T junction there, that's where the memorial is on the corner of May and Saw avenues. There's a big kids playground there, barbecues and all that, but it's across the road that in that area. It's really it's a really beautiful spot. Lots of parking, lots of access, master little grass area there. That's where the memorial is. Corner of Saw and May add a sube across Thomas Loftus and Rockaby and it's right there at the T junction. Thanks listening in asking the question what shops are not in the Western suburbs or are? I think there's a carpet court in Netherlands. Okay, that's good. There's a carpet court in Netherlands. That's good. And John from Bellcatter not his real name, reckons there are a shortage of adult shops in the Western suburbs, and when pressed for more information, John said there's definitely one in Bellcata. Thanks Yorkie, Thank you James. Yes, at an adult shop in Bellcata. And I think again to go to this notion that Western suburbs people need to go to in lou if they want a battle shop. I'm pretty sure there's an adult shop in in lou Thanks for listening. Hubus ten.
Speaker 16: Good news that picnic blanket has been cleared from Mitchell Freeway north Man at Aaron Dale Road in grell Up. Traffic now flowing and fine there and the major is clearing up. Nothing to report on the Mitchell Kuanana all Graham Farmer Freeways. Good run in and out of the CBD, and nothing to report on around the metro area. On step Clark and Perth traffic lead a six PR.
Speaker 1: Asking about shops that aren't in the western suburbs. We are big time stereotyping, but it's fun, David and Guildford said, there's a rug shop on Bayview Terrace in Clermont. Thank you. David Russell said, is there a Ta b or a Baker's Delight in the Western suburbs? Sean Mark? Is there a Baker's Delight? Is there a Baker's Delight in the Western suburbs? Yeah one? And John Jolly wants in the Florida Forum the crossover suburbs there are tabs at the pubs, I reckon Russ there's definitely a tab at the Cordslow Hotel, I think, and probably the Albion as well. I think western suburbs have an r and Williams saw but do have a sketches. I don't know if they do. I don't know if they do. Kate says, we do have spice shops Happy Almonds in Netherlands and the Sauce at Floriot. Is there a yo Chi outlet in? David Greenmand wants to know. So yo Chi is lead of all western subbers?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think, well, yeah, there's that one. On the cash converters. You don't got a cash converters, have you? I know it sounds like I'm talking to myself, but I'm talking to Sean and Mark who live in the Western suburbs. Do you shop it out of Yes? As seventies and those thirty seven. I spoke about this earlier. The WA Electoral Commission seemed to be in strife. The top three have left. Rob Kennedy disappeared immediately after the election. We understand that Rob is on stress leave. Fine fell up, Rob good government operator, but he's on stress leave. Courtney Barron is the deputy. She's on leave and not coming back. Shaney Wood is leaving and she was the election event person, and I would I would, I would add this in shaney Wood is well known as an events person in Wa in or. I think with two thousand and nine she won event Manager of the Year for the Red Bull air Race. So shaney Wood is from events who out of those three who recommended that Purcell Kelly be the contractor for the state elections. Bear in mind they had the twenty twenty five state election, the twenty twenty nine state election, and the WA local government elections which are on in October. Basel's emplus is the leader of the opposition and he joins us now Basil, good morning.
Speaker 10: Hey Bowie, nice to be with you again.
Speaker 1: They appear to be in disarray. We're five days away from mister mccusis report into the twenty twenty five state election. What do you make of this mass exodus?
Speaker 19: Well, clearly there have been a number of exits. We know that, and we're aware that some of them were perhaps coming and others were a little less expected. Nonetheless, the senior leadership of the WA Electoral Commission is going through a transformation, and we know that a new acting from Missioner has been appointed and a new acting Deputy Commissioner is about to be appointed. Both of those appointments the Premier gave me and I know the leader of the Nationals Shane Love the courtesy of informing us about and I suppose the right question to be asking here is does the senior leadership of the WA Electoral Commission have enough people with electoral commission experience? And it's not to put in any jeopardy or question at all the capability as senior public servants of the people that have been given these roles, but is relevant electoral commission experience something that we would expect from the very senior leaders of the WA Electoral Commission.
Speaker 1: As a when mister McCusker hands down his report, do you think we will know in all the detail in the findings in the exec summary? Will it tell us who and how has it decided to outsource the Purcell Kelly? Will that be described you're hoping it is.
Speaker 19: I'm not certain what mister McCusker's report will detail. Clearly that was a very significant factor in the fallout from the last election and so the last state election of course, and so I'm certain that it will get some attention. Whether we get the detail that you're talking about, I don't know and have no way of knowing. I'd also know though that Purcell Kelly had a significant role to play in the federal election, which came only a matter of weeks later, and there seemed to be far fewer hiccups there. So what's in the report, I'm not sure what we want out of the report is a blueprint for how what happened at the most recent state election doesn't happen again. And part of that, of course, is having the experienced people in the right role to ensure that they have relevant electoral experience. They know how to handle these big events and they know what to prepare for on election day to mitigate against those things happening and derailing the process.
Speaker 1: Basil, I don't think I could run an election. I don't know if you could given your background in history. Is it a person who's run the Red Bull air race you know a lot of years going as one awards for that? Is that a position who should be running an election as an event? Is that suitable or appropriate you think?
Speaker 19: Look, I don't want to comment on the individuals and people in the public sector and senior public servants. They rise through the ranks with a whole range of experiences that they might bring to that vocation, and it would be wrong to say that you can't learn in some elements of life and professional life and bring those into a new arena. I'm certain that you can. What we do know, though, is is that in the two most senior appointments that are about to be made, the Acting Commissioner and Acting Deputy Commissioner, and they most likely most likely will become permanent appointments towards the end of the year, they are people that don't have electoral commission experience, and I guess what I'd say is when the most recent round of Directors General were appointed, I think two or three of them were appointments from interstate And what that tells us is that if the government need to make senior public service appointments and don't feel they have the right people available to them in Western Australia, we know that they can go further afield. And so I suppose the question might be should they have gone to electoral commission employees from other jurisdictions and tried to recruit a scene your person or a former senior person from one of those areas to bring some of that clout know how and on the ground election experience into the senior leadership of the WA. Electoral Commission, and I think that's a reasonable question to ask.
Speaker 1: To Basil Zemplus, the leader of the opposition here in Western Australia. Basil again, to go back to the outsourcing will probably hopefully no more when mister McCusker's report is handed down. This outsourcing crew, this contractor at this stage have the contract for the local government elections in October. You have a local government background. Most recently they also have the contract for twenty twenty nine state election. What should happen with that contract in the absence of mister McCusker's report.
Speaker 19: Well, again again I note that the most recent federal election, which had elements of it worked on by and the support and other grunt work provided by Purcell Kelly, it seemed to go pretty well and so perhaps one albeit a rather significant blip on the raidar the state election, and in particular around election day and that week immediately after some of the counting and counting delays, it didn't go as well as it could have. But the upcoming local government elections, although interest in their own nature, are less complicated because there are a significant fewer number of voters in those local government elections and I think Purcell, Kelly and the others who have had control of our most recent elections have demonstrated that they and I want to be clear on this, I mean, it wasn't all wrong. They didn't get everything abjectly incorrect. It wasn't a complete disaster. There were elements of the state election that people rightly questioned and said was not up to scratch, and that's why we have the inquiry. But there's still a lot of very good people who did a lot of very good work and got us the outcomes. Ie declared the relevant winners that ultimately we're always looking to have declared, and there's no question around them getting that right scrupulously or otherwise. They got there in the end. It's what I'm saying. Their federal election performance was much better, and I'm sure they will go well at the upcoming local government elections because they'd had a lot of time to review their processes and make sure that they've got it right for October.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a high stakes game and it's not the red bull aras. Hey, bas you got to pay rise yesterday. How are you feeling about that?
Speaker 19: Yes, it's a significant amount of money and obviously it is set by the Salaries and Allowances Tribunal. That's the system for parliamentarians and other people who work in this space. I acknowledge it is a significant amount of money, and in the middle of the cost of living crisis, I get that everyday West Australians will look at some of the amounts of money that politicians are paid and say, gee, I'd like to be on some of that, or I'd like to have a bit of that in my weekly wage. I get that what comes with these positions simon and the associated salary is a great responsibility. We come in here, and I say this across the board Labor, Liberal, Greens, everybody, nationals. We don't come in here for the money. We come in here to contribute, to work hard for our electorates and to work hard for Western Australia every day, and that remains our challenge and we have to earn every cent that we are paid.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: I know from.
Speaker 19: Observing the Lower House certainly very close up and the good people on both sides of the chamber. That's the commitment that MP's make.
Speaker 10: They're there to work hard, they're there to serve.
Speaker 19: Their communities and ultimately it is up to them to justify that they are.
Speaker 10: Doing the work.
Speaker 19: That means the salary that they're getting paid they have earned. And I think everybody is up for that assignment. I genuinely do across the board. Thank you very much for your time today, Basil. Anytime Simon speak against so.
Speaker 1: Basil's emplus the opposition leader, so not not going super hard on the electoral commission. He's right that Purcell Kelly were involved in the federal election, but we did do interviews with the federal election Electoral Commission, and they add great pains to say that Purcell Kelly's involvement in the federal election is minimal. So in the state election, it was training, recruiting, onboarding, counting, day to day stuff on the actual on the Saturday itself, and as you know, we know, you know a lot of people voted early, so the election campaign, you know, the election wasn't just about that Saturday. It's about the four weeks prior when the booths opened. And I maintain I don't think they should get the contract for the next election. I don't think they should so, and I think Shane Love is saying that Basil's not saying that we're waiting to see what Missus mccuska hands down in his report in five days time. It's very interesting that the three top people the Double A Electoral Commission have left or are leaving. That to me is instructive. One Leuble three eighty two is the phone number if you want to get involved today. Do you shop at Aldi? The yeses are seventy one and the nose are thirty eight. Love to hear from you. One double three eight eighty two. Dave from Guilford, who's having a big crack today. Lead of all is not the Western suburbs, says Dave, Are you sure, mate? West of the city. It's got Morton Bay figgs. Thanks Dave. No Jim kids sports as Brent's attorney's auto records in the Western suburbs. And I don't think so, Christine and his kiss as. I shop at Aldi, actually our shop anywhere. Thanks for letting us know. One double three eight at two it's twenty. It's fourteen and a half minutes to eleven. Back in a sec I must go to this quickly if I may. Acting Commander Mark Gree from the Northern Territory Police have announced a new award for anyone that comes forward with information over the disappearance and murder of Peter Falconier have listen.
Speaker 29: On the fourteenth of July two thousand and one, Peter Falconeo went missing approximately ten kilometers north of Barrow Creek in the Northern Territory. In two thousand and three, Bradley John Murdoch was arrested and charged with the murder of mister Falconee and the attempt kidnapping of mister Falcaneo's partner, joe An Lees. In December two thousand and five, Bradley Murdoch was convicted for the murder and was sentenced to life imprisonment with a non parole period.
Speaker 10: Of twenty eight years.
Speaker 29: The body of Peter has never been located, despite continued efforts by the NT Police to do so by investigating any viable information or leads that have been received throughout the years since. The NT Police still hold out hope that someone may be able to provide some vital information to assist in this search, and as such, a fresh reward for information is now on offer of up to five hundred thousand dollars for information that leads to the discovery of Peter's body. We've made numerous approaches to mister Murdoch over the years that have passed up until very recently being this week. Unfortunately, the outcome of those conversations rest with mister murder. On all occasions he's chosen not to positively engage with police.
Speaker 1: So Bradley John Murdocker, you would have heard that yesterday. You would have heard on the station yesterday that Bradley John Murdock is unwell, is in palliative care in the Northern Territory's been moved into a palliative care facility and still not cooperating with the Northern Territory coppers. So we're none the wiser as to where the remains of Peter Falconio are. Of course, he was charged with and found guilty of his murder on that lonely stretch of road in the NT. It's nine minutes to eleven. A huge story, a huge world wide story at the time, wasn't it. I do remember Joanne Lees, the girlfriend, did bring out a book and she came into six PR and spoke to our mate Bob mor Mill. One of the first interviews she did in the world was with Bob Mormel back in the day, do you shop at Audi? The yeses are seventy two the nose of thirty nine. Get a Lindsay, good morning.
Speaker 27: So I'm just like to take Basil to task a little bit when he was saying, oh, we all deserve our pay rise and that we all work for the community and every single one of them, Well, I dispute that. I mean, you've got so many career politicians and one of them's our prime minister. You've got people who are appointed by unions and union representatives. You've got people that are in the Klan who were just after power. You've got people who wanted that for a stepping stone to big on better things, like Matthias Gorman, who actually used an raaf jet to fly all around Europe to apply for a job. It staggers me that he could come out and say that every single person, I'm sure there are there's quite a lot of them are there for a community. But there's a whole of a lot of them aren't. They're just there for the whatever their reasons are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lindsay, I can't argue with that, mate. I think bas is most most of all, he is a glass full sort of bloke. But that's probably not true of all of them, is it. Lindsey, You're right, thanks for calling and mate appreciating the running for call or the day. Eight minutes to eleven o'clock we had a little bit of correspondence on Baz there say he's starting to sound like starting to sound like a politician. Well, he's always has been, always articulate, always always pretty slick and forms his arguments in his words pretty well one double three eight eighty two. I will say this, we need a contest of ideas in politics in Wa and you need, you know, people like Basil and his team providing a contest of ideas for a government that has an incredible majority in the Lower House in particular, Thanks Lindsey.
Speaker 30: Today, Mark Gooddy Simon, I heard you speaking about parking fine so a lot of people in person may not know this. I got a parking fine from the lovely South Perth Council. I was parked at a friends property. And you know, if you appeal a parking fine in Perth, as soon as you appeal it it becomes a criminal matter and you can get a criminal offense from a parking fine. Crazy, isn't it, So I got a criminal offense from a parking fine even though I couldn't give my evidence. I then had to pay the court to then overturn the criminal offense.
Speaker 1: So is that all councils. That applies to all Metro everyone who issued.
Speaker 30: Metro councilors, all Metro councils. And I was not allowed to provide my evidence. And I took the evidence in to say that they owned that parking bay, it was not allowed to be presented in court. My parking fine ended up being over a thousand dollars one thousand dollars and a criminal offense and it was just an absolute brought. These councils are as crooked as the day is long.
Speaker 1: Well, mate, I don't know if that makes him crooker, because if that's the law, that's the law, isn't it? But I yeah, thank you mate, Mark. Mark's point is if you do appeal it and you're unsuccessful, then you had then you've transgressed the criminal code? Is that right? Six minutes part six minutes to eleven. Love to hear from you today if that's been your experience, did a Jason?
Speaker 31: I don't know if you've actually what's the China Leese documentary on Netflix, mate, But it's pretty conflicting yet. I mean, there was rumors that she was dating some other blow while she was with him.
Speaker 1: I do remember that. I do remember that.
Speaker 10: Yet.
Speaker 31: Yes, actually she actually showed no emotion whatsoever through the court, through the whole way through the court system. Well, yeah, call me silly, but I think they should be looking at in the running backyard to be honest.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't Yeah, I do remember the stories at the time that she had a boyfriend in Sydney, another bloke. I do remember that, But I don't know. I don't know that not showing emotion is a thing or a legal you know, he's something that can represent in court. We all make decisions, don't we as members of the public, as citizens on these matters and what people look like, their body language and the like. It's a thing we do by our nature. But I don't know. I haven't seen the doco, mate, I haven't seen the docco but it's it is. Yeah, it's back out there now. Five hundred thousand dollars award for more information around Bradley John Murdock and the murder of and the disappearance of Peter Falconio, and I guess there's no doubt it comes up as now he's sick and now he's unwell, and you know, maybe he will maybe he will consent to talk to the police and give us a bit more information. Thanks Jace, good on your mate. Hi Russell, Hi, Hi, thanks for your program, Simon, Thank you Russell.
Speaker 23: I just want to say I never shop at Aldi because Aldi doesn't support local manufacturers. They do for their fresh goods and all their dry goods are important. You will not see an Australian product manufactured in Australia on the shelves of ELDI, so I don't go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right Russell, thank you mate. I have mentioned that to some of my mates who shop exclusively at Aldi, and that doesn't worry them. They're trying to save money. Thanks russ Russell has an ideological takes an ideological position against a spoty shopping at Aldi, which is fine. Three and a half minutes to at eleven o'clock. Cheers mate, you're in the running for corner of the day as well. Back in a second, Jim says politicians and the bureaucrats are extremely overpaid underworked and overrepresented the police commission to make sixty two dollars per hour twenty four to seven, says Jim, your core Blanche's salary. Did you go up yesterday as one of the senior public servants?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Jim work long hours, Poly's work long hours. I don't know. I don't know if I agree with you there, mate, But thanks for your correspondence. Cheers. How do you do have Australian self shelf products? Says Christine Kiss Kiss Yeah, but a few people say certainly that some of their meat products are from Australia, aren't they. We'll check it or we'll check that. And this notion that you if you are if you take a parking find to cord, if you challenge it and you and you're not successfully, that you then have transgressed to criminal code is a mysterious one. I might try and talk to Nick maruk Chak about that tomorrow on the show. Thanks if you corresponds Jim, Christine, Brian, all of you, thank you. We will come back after eleven o'clock. Just a reminder that Sue McDougal will join us after midday today to talk gardening, get your calls ready, Thanks eleven o'clock. Now gonna chat to Rodney Hogg in just a moment on the program. The Australians take up the cudgels with the West Indies tonight in a Test match, and the Poms have just beaten India by scoring three hundred and seventy in the fourth and final innings of a Test match. The Poms are up and about three to seventy in a final and a final innings, and none of us five wickets will talk to Hoggy in just a moment on the program, do you shop at Aldi? Yes or no? The yes is a seventy six and the nose of forty one. I'd love to hear from you today. Give us a call one double three, eight eighty two Today, Sam.
Speaker 8: How I am? I back by request?
Speaker 1: But last week Sam, how are you going there?
Speaker 32: Oh?
Speaker 8: Look, as I said to Mark, you know, I'm not as good as you blokes. But one day I will be listening to all your callers, and I listened to six pour old bloody day shopping at Aldi. Yeah. Look, there's benefits in it for us, you know, But all we're doing is lining the pockets.
Speaker 20: Of the German government, the German government, all the all.
Speaker 8: The profits that come out of Australia that they don't stay in Australia, shopping at Eldi, they don't stay in Australia, that they go to Eldie who resides in Germany.
Speaker 1: How does that get to the government though, mate?
Speaker 8: But it's it's it's a government based sorry, it's it's a private enterprise based in Germany. So their profits attacked by the government of Germany and they or.
Speaker 1: Not probably Yeah, yep, Well that's where.
Speaker 8: It's going, mate. If you shop at Cole's it's or Woolies, it stays here. And one day the average Australian is going to find out that this country doesn't belong to us anymore. It's all going to belong to foreign interest.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you. So the Albrick family owned eld know that North and South and they are Karl and thea Elbricks are there are the owners as to as to so they're the parent companies, the two parent companies. We've known that for a while. The I gas have a haven't have some foreign ownership as well, don't they. I'm happy, I'm happy to take the ideological stance on that I reckon. Most people shop depending on their budget and on their hip pocket, don't they? A lot of my mates do I do. I shop at Audi Cole's, Woolies, an IgA and Spudship. I've shop at all of them to try and get a deal. And depends where I am, and it depends who how full of the car park is. To be honest, I'm double three eight eighty two. I reckon. The closest car park to a shopping center is in Greenwood. You park out the back of the Greenwood shops and walking that coal is about three steps or about ten steps. The closest supermarket to a car park sometimes gets my vote. I don't have an ideological stance like Sam does, but I do understand about what are he's saying about foreign ownership. Gout Gout has won a two hundred Gout Gout the Australian Sprint Sensation. He's only twenty one years of age. Have a listen to this so Gout Gout has won a two hundred and twenty oh two. It's an adjusted time down from twenty oh four. Gout Gout is going from strength to strength. Let's hope he can hold up and be in good shape for the next Olympic game. His Goutgout winning a two hundred meter race.
Speaker 12: Now expect Amenya to lead into the straits and Gout the third from left, to come back. And then once they get into the Strait, his first race as a pro in Europe. This from Gout count Now he's got a target, Menya moving away from Memorizi and the headband, a battle between these two and Gout working.
Speaker 1: So hard to get to him, and he gets there.
Speaker 12: Gout takes it by a meter and moving away twenty zero four, battling all the way. The strongest part of his race is always that last fifty. He holds his form so well. It's an optic collusion. It looks like he's accelerating, but he's not.
Speaker 33: Nobody does.
Speaker 1: Maybe bolted him back then, so comparing him to Usain Bop So he's broken his own Australian record. As I say, Goutgout's only twenty one years of age. This is in the Czech Republic on Wednesday this morning Australias and standard time and twenty oh two adjusted time. In fact, he's a teenager as he sean, so he's younger than twenty. I thought he was twenty one one double two one double three eighty two. Jeff's phoned in. Hello Jeff, greeting from Sunny Bay. Send you a little picture through an excellent crack pepper water cracker that I buy at the German supermarket. There's another of one of my colleagues friends calls it and it goes very well with the Australian wine that I occasionally purchased from the same establishment, and like you, I shop at the others, including mister spudshed Simon. So yeah, case of you know, I have a good Scottish kilt on most of the time. Hey, Jeff, what's so the crack pepper and the wine they're Audi products, are they?
Speaker 10: Yep? Yeah, I've sent you a little pick through on the on the text system. I don't know whether that gets through or get whether it gets blocked.
Speaker 1: We don't get. We don't bet pickies on our text mate, but you can send it to our email made email Perth Today, Perth Today dot com that I U send it through to that and I'll.
Speaker 10: Have it exploit one and it's definitely said ninety percent. So all right, there we go. Maybe maybe the Pepper's importal or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, Jack, all right, mate, good on you, Jeff, thank you. One double three eight eighty two. Geezer send us an SEMs to say that Michael Kane served in the Korean War. That's that's true, that's true. I just looked it up on on the internet. Geezer. Michael Kane did serve in the Korean War and had quite an impact on him. Apparently he's ninety two years of age now, Michael Kine loved to hear from you. One double three, eight eighty two. Jack says, you shop at Aldie Shane, but you're famous, you're on the radio, says Jack. Thanks Jack, I do shop at Aldi. Gaudis seventeen years of age is Hayden? Thank you Hayden. I just looked at the footage. Then I thought that he said that he was twenty one. Sure, and I just watched the race. Then I thought it said in the corner he was twenty one. Maybe that was his race number or something, but he's only seventeen. Well, thanks everyone. Always happy to stand corrected on the show. You guys are experts more so than I ever will be. I can look it up on my phone. I suppose as I go more than happy to have you guys as the experts as we as we go along. That's how the show kind of rolled. One double three eight at E two. Speak to Rodney Hogking just a moment. Australia playing West Inies in a Test match tonight, Costas comes in, Laboushet goes out, should cam Green is still about at three and the Poms have just monstered India chase down a three hundred and seventy run run chase in the final innings and I only lost five wickets, so that he's alive and well the Ashes series, isn't it? Quarter past eleven? Thanks for listening. We are running a poll today do you shop at Aldi? Choice of run the ruler under Coles, Woolies, Aldi and IGA's and on the basket of groceries they chose Aldi Cummings as the cheapest, not on all products, but certainly overall. Coles and Woolies are two and three in IgA are the most expensive according to Choice magazine. So we're running a pole yes or no do you shop at Aldi? The yeses are eighteen, the nose a forty one online or Who's with a play on the owners of Aldi's saying at nine on the YAR nine poll. He's saying nine, Thanks Linel, that's funny. That's funny by your standards. With regardless, this is from Ashley, with regards Gian and Lee. He's not showing any motion in the court. I remember when those so comments were made about Nindy Chamberlain in the nineteen eighties and people said that made her look guilty. We're all different and react to trauma and difficult situations in our own way. Thanks Ashley, and I do remember people saying something similar about Chappelle Corby all those years ago. All of us body language experts trying to read in the West Indies take on Australia tonight, joining me online. Now I've got one legend in the studio and one legend online. Rodney Hogg joins us. Good a hockey So.
Speaker 3: Imon, there's two legends in the room. You've got one, you're a legend.
Speaker 1: Well Mark Douran joins us. Well, Rodney, you're with a couple of stats on the Pommy performance in the fourth inning, so I've got a couple bit of science to back up the same.
Speaker 34: Definitely, first drop behind you two blokes.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hogy Lava Shane out and smarge Indians. So Josh English comes in. We like that, don't we.
Speaker 3: Well we've got what we wanted before the last game. Cameron Green at three didn't quite sit the World of five idiot, Lord's no, not be quite ready for three. But what they're going to they're going to work with that, going to stick with head at five and English just gets he gets a game wherever he gets a game.
Speaker 1: Really, what can we you know, we saw we saw young Sam opening, you know, taking on the Indians, reverse ramps, all all that infuriating Indian bowling attack. What what have we seen since since then? Has he done anything since in shield cricket.
Speaker 10: Or what he might have had?
Speaker 3: He's he's played a bit of red bull, played some chill games, might have had a few lectures. I think he's been taken in and given a few lectures from a few past grades on how to actually play chess cricket. But it will be interesting to see how he bats. I hope your bats with flair. That's part of his game.
Speaker 10: So but how are you going to but that?
Speaker 3: We could say there are quite as quite as bouncy and conducive to playing ramp shops and that sort of thing. So he'll but differently, he'll try and he'll try on so many he's played. This is the opening batsman. He's got a good opportunity.
Speaker 1: You and I have spoken about josh ing this a bit, you know, making a Test century on debut. He's a ripper, isn't he made? Great fee quick, good team man, good in the field. He's a good addition. I'm not just saying that as a West Australia he can play Joshy.
Speaker 3: No, I think they mark him and he's nearly a ten out of teen, isn't he everybody loves him? No one's got a bet we're to say about English. He's made one hundred and three forms of the game. Deserts his spot in the team and hopefully it can cement it. And as you say, he's a good Western Australian.
Speaker 1: Hey, Holly, what do you make of you know, given given we did not win the World Test Championships and fell over in the last dig what do you make of Lion's Lions bowling? Is he just is a bit off? Is he a bit rusty?
Speaker 3: And it wasn't a game it wasn't a game at Lord's for lawn to do it too much. There's some game to a lyon. We saw a test that's were lying and involved six six games in a game. He's an off spinner. He wasn't required in that game and the quicks dominated the game. So no, he plays his role when he's got to plays role. Couldn't bowl him out on the last day, or couldn't bowl him out in the last inning, So no, no, don't go. Don't go too hard on line. He's five hundred Test wickets, would be put we put want to drop Richie, and we'd put one to drop Hine woman, we want to drop Study McGill. I mean, he's just he's a great of the game. He's a greater stop spinner we've ever had. And he'll just he's he's chewing them out. He's good enough for my money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what else are you looking for the next four hopefully three to five days hockey?
Speaker 3: Well, if anybody rings in that studio and speaks to you about four day Test matches, hang up on them. It's the biggest load of junk we've ever heard. Two great teams, two good teams that play against each other. You need five day test matches. And we saw that in England. We saw we saw an amazing game. I've got to go back to the Adelaide Oval in two thousand and six when England was sixty clared for five hundred and fifty one and lost the game after losing nine for sixty in their second innings, and the great Shane Warn won that game for us. But this Test match, Stokes wins a toss. It's a hot day, it's sunny. He wins a toss and he puts the opposition in an India a four for three hundred and fourth, sorry, four for three for four hundred and thirty, three to four hundred and thirty. After being sent in Stokes, you're an idiot. Go home, go and play another sport. You shouldn't he captain in England and what's he do? They lose seven for forty, He takes fourth and eventually eventually England on the last day made three hundred and seventy to win the game. An amazing performance, an amazing game in a five day game which finished about five pm at night.
Speaker 1: All right, let's bringing your chipping and putting, Coach Mark Douran to back that up with some data mark the yes, impressive, incredibly impressive. Three to seventy on the last day. What else have England done recently? What else have we seen in final day run chases?
Speaker 34: Well, it was described by former England captain one of Hogies mates, Michael Vaughan as a balance of aggression and watchfulness last night. So it was he says, bas ball with brains. So he's saying they've extended it, which is weird. They scored three point fifty on the final day chasing down three to seventy one in total with eight overs to spare. That's going pretty hard. But he says watchfulness with brains. Under Brendan mckellum, their former Kiwi captain who because of his name, it's basball. It's sort of understood, really, isn't it. That slogging, which is how we would call it, works as often as it fails. It's almost a fifty fIF very entertaining, but doesn't always work. Understand this though. Before Basball, Before Brendan mckellum, England had won one of seventeen Tests since. Their average run rate in Test cricket. In Test cricket is four point sixty five runs per over, right, win, lose or draw?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 34: Under Steve war and when we were playing fabulous cricket, we were scoring at three point sixty six runs per over and winning often inside five days. In the four days that we talk about. Their best result four for five hundred and six on day one of a Test match.
Speaker 1: Yeah well yeah, yeah, okay, So it's.
Speaker 34: The tenth highest successful run chasing Test history that Hoggy's talking about. And Rodney not even you would know this one the first time ever a team has won a Test match when the opposition has had five century makers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, they've.
Speaker 10: Just breaking all the lutely.
Speaker 3: No bats ball at all. Who don't even talk basball. There was no aggressive cricket. The only person who played baseball was Panned Blake. I've got two hundreds the keeper for he played a bit of baseball. There was no basball by England at all. The wicket says about forty wickets. Sender wickets quite across the ground, so you hit the ball square of the wicket at heating and it goes for four four runs. So that's where the scoring came from. And three point fifty on the last day was impossible to defend once you got and when you had a bloke like Duckworth, when once Ducket, when you get duck it in and gets one hundred and forty nine and he got Sensibly there was no bats ball at all, brilliantly played by Ducket. But it was a game that was interesting because that kid Jay's Well who got one hundred and he dropped three very important catches. They dropped three catches and their tail didn't make runs. So India begun away. Scratching head and Voolmra who bowed his heart out a game, didn't take wickets in the second innings but got fired from the first head about four drop catches, so drop catches, blues matches.
Speaker 1: Hoggie and Mark Ben Stokes in career best You think good Nick, isn't he.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got to watch himself. I think he's game by game he's getting over by himself. I'm glad he didn't because sometimes sometimes Stokes, when the game's got to be won, he really really just keeps buying over after over, and he turned the game. And that first thing he got the bull to swing an old ball that was doing nothing. He got it to swing and picked up four from the first things and he was really instrumentally led from the front. Did made decision that everybody was scratching the head on but bold England back into the game. So now he's a star. Stakes and patter brilliantly yesterday and he got thirty odd but still it was a really well made scoring backed up route at the end of steer them across for victory, Hoggie, like you.
Speaker 34: On Thursday at Wannero if I can hit them straight off the tee. Are we the Australian Test team in trouble like the form England's putting together heading into an Ashes series? Are we in trouble?
Speaker 3: No, they're bowling. Didn't look very good. But they've got to get Wooden Archer back into the team if they're going to threaten us. It's going to be an interesting this West Inn. He's just getting back to the West inniast Sloman. Do you know since they burnt us last year which I was shocked. You know, Joseph got a seven for them to win the game. For them, they've tried sixteen batsmen then top seven sixteen batsmen. You are going to see You're going to watch. If you watch him to the west in his bat you're going to see techniques that you've never seen before.
Speaker 10: They all average a bet.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty five. It's absolutely the worst batting I've ever seen in the history of Test cricket. No, seriously, sixteenty batsman had sixteen openers. Oh no, we haven't, No, we haven't. They all have his twenty five. They wouldn't. Any shield side would beat this mob. Any shield side would beat the West Indies and roaches roaches missing for the first one. Seals is are pretty good. Quick he comes in, but they just haven't got the they haven't got the clients. Elder bas at all, no one in that scene. We'll get a game for Australia.
Speaker 34: All right, cut that audio up, Simon, because if on day two it's game on, get hoggy back on. He loves doing this though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's a he was a rumpy fast ball and that's what he's been like that. He's all there. How's the shore game.
Speaker 3: Out of the Bunker's brilliant?
Speaker 1: Now good?
Speaker 3: Oh after that little your mate that gave us a bit of a lecture day on the radio. Yeah, richies was it was a bit of a star. Yeah, I forgot his name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Minji just got Minji Lee and a third open title, so he knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Hoggy, the same same bunkers she practiced, a royal Royal Freeman in the same bunkers she's been in at the same time, right.
Speaker 1: Mate, Hey Hogy, thanks for coming on tonight, coming on today. I look forward to to watching some of it tonight and your thoughts as the test progresses. Thank you mate, Rodney Hogg.
Speaker 10: How good.
Speaker 1: The thanks for the stats, Mark my please, well done mate, Thank you. Mark Dorn coming in to supplement a little bit of ranting and raving with some data and some stats we like that help us eleven back in a moment.
Speaker 16: Good news that crash has been cleared from Rid to Highway westbound before one I Road in Westminster. Traffic now flowing fine, still dealing with this breakdown calamunder road a entry to throw a Highway northbound in hireh Wickham. The vehicle's still in the left emergency lane. There no traffic delays, but drive with caution as the motors is still changing the tire there. The Minchell, Kanana and Graham Farmer Freeways are all traveling smoothly. I'm clyk on Perth Traffic Leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Had a little wander through the city yesterday, had a walk after work. One walked through through them all and up to sort of up to Parliament House and back to six PR. And I saw a nice little floral tribute outside the Belgian Beer Cafe to mister Farn who passed away probably three saturdays ago now after being allegedly struck by a scooter in town. It's really nice to someone's a little place, a little floral tribute on the on one of the signs around there, and on the give way sign just corner of King and Hay Street. And they're nice though. They're nice reminders of those things, aren't they? I guess a member of the public or potentially the family. So I just wanted to ask the question is do you maintain a memorial for someone somewhere? It's a really nice thing to do or reckon. I know some every now and then, some councils will remove them if they're seem to be messy, or if they look like rubbish, or if they're not maintained. But do you do you maintain a shrine or a memorial somewhere. There's one in the city at the moment for the pedestrian knocked over and killed by the scooter a couple of saturdays ago. Do you maintain a memorial? Love to hear from your one double three eight eighty two. It's a nice community minded thing to do, nice thing to honor friends and family. You do see them around the place, don't you often? You may have heard about them in the news or their high profile event. But do you maintain a floral memorial or a shrine around the joint? Give me a call one double three, aid too, would love to hear from you today. Let's see this on per six pr the stock market reports Oh and Claire joints us from Sure and Partners. On this Wednesday morning, Get AoE. How how is the share market faring today?
Speaker 19: Good morning, Simon. Well, it's a bit surprising. We're actually in slightly negative territory. We had a strong lead from Wall Street and we've also had some good news on the local inflation rate. But Phil, we are run down a fraction. Last night that baw Jones index was up by over six hundred points at one stage it finished had five hundred and seven points or one point two percent, and as I said, we are still in slightly negative territory. But one company that has improved is the Commonwealth Bank. They are continuing to saw upwards. They traded as high as one hundred and ninety two dollars a share, up another three dollars eighty seven. They're easily the biggest company on the AOX and in the six months since the start of this year they have now increased in value by just over twenty five percent, which is surprising because their earnings only grew by about four percent, and they alone now represent twelve percent of the top two hundred companies on the ASX, which is pretty incredible, and it does have all the hallmarks of a share market bubble, and generally they do not end all that well. Combank are now worth three hundred and eighteen billion dollars. The next biggest bank is the NAB and they are worth less than half of that at one hundred and twenty two billion. Meanwhile, elsewhere today, the local accounting software company Zero have announced a big acquisition. They're buying a US company called Mullia for three point nine billion dollars worth of cash and shares. Millio is also a software company. They have an automated account's payment system, and Zero believed Millia will complement their accounting software. The Zero share are in a trading hal today. They last traded at one hundred and ninety four dollars twenty up by about fifteen percent so far this year. But they're going to be issuing shares at one hundred and seventy six dollars to help pay for today's purchase. And I believe you've been talking about the supermarkets on the program this morning, Bowie, and it looks like the competition between the big supermarkets is heating up. Back in May, the new CEO of Woolli's Amanda Bardwell, announced price cuts on four hundred separate grocery items to try and win back some shoppers, and Coal's responded pretty quickly with price cuts of their own, and now Aldi have lowered the price on dozens of their products. So that's all good news for customers, and we'll have to see if an all out price war breaks out. The Hrible C review of Coals and Woolly said that they are two of the most profitable supermarket retailers in the world. Coals have been willing to battle for customers recently, and their shares are up twelve percent so far this year. Woolies have been lagging behind both on customers and in their share price. They've only increased by three percent so far this year. And of course Aldi is a German company. They're not listed here in Australia. Their profits go overseas, and in a sign of the times that we are currently living in a local company in the defense industry has won a big contract. Drone Shield have won a sixty one million US dollar military deal for handheld drone detection devices and counter drone systems for use in Europe. The Drone Shield share prices jump twenty three percent, up to two dollars nineteen. The broader market, however, is not doing anywhere near as well as that, even with the news at the annual inflation rate here in Australia has flowed from two point four down to two point one percent in the month of May, your lords has still flipped the fraction. We're down by three points at eighty seven hundred and seventy two.
Speaker 1: Simon eight seven seven to two. Thank you, Owe, You have a good afternoon. We'll chat again tomorrow. Well do cheers Boe cheers mate, Thank you all and clear from sure and partners. Remember to cast your mind back to twenty eighteen and Craig challon the Vetnir and he's mate Richard Harris had been planning a trip to the Caves, a cave diving trip to the Nulliboar, and they were called away at late notice to try to help out, as it turned out successfully with rescue rescuing the soccer team, the Thai soccer team in Thailand. They went up there with some marines and some others. But you may recall that Craig and he's mate Richard Harris were heading off to the Nullerball when they were diverted. The Nullerball cave system is one of the most famous dive sites in the world and Dr Jesh Mass Doctor Jess Mass joins us now entomologist and a racknologist at the School of Biological Science at the University of Adelaide. Goody Jess, how are you hi boy?
Speaker 4: And great thanks thanks for having me on to me.
Speaker 1: That's true, isn't It's an amazing complex, complicated set of limestone caves and the Nullerbaar and divers all over the world. Come here.
Speaker 4: It's an amazing place.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's the world's largest continuous limestone cave area in the world. And there are thousands of caves out there, some really big ones and some tiny ones that a lot of totally amazing place it's covers in.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, as part, tell us about your research, because given your title or entomologist and are technologists, you've found a number of species that we haven't either haven't seen before, haven't seen for a while down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. So I work on spiders mainly, but a lot of other insect and invertebrates too, And we went out to do a survey of a cave that was little known to science, so it hadn't had any scientific surveys, and we found a large number of really interesting and highly cave adapted invertebrates, so species that had lost their eyes, that had grown really long legs, and were really kind of well adapted to a life in the dark.
Speaker 1: How exciting is that for someone who does your job.
Speaker 4: It was epic.
Speaker 35: It was.
Speaker 4: It was incredibly exciting. It made it even more exciting that the cave itself was really, really, really difficult to get into, so lots of very tight squeezes and then to go to all these squeezes to find all this amazing these amazing animals, was it? It made it worthwhile?
Speaker 1: Yeah, doctor Josh Marsh from the University of Adlaigh. Does it involve diving with your team or you in you know, just in space and in the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, we just work in on the surface.
Speaker 36: We don't go into the water.
Speaker 4: And in fact, the cave that we found these animals in was really dry and really really salty, so no water to dive into there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so these animals have adapted to life underground and life in these caves, no eyes and long legs. What else have you found?
Speaker 4: So excitedly so we found So it's always exciting finding an animal that's cave adapted because really rare and really special. But really on a very exciting level, we found what we think is the world's first cave adapted wasp. So this wasp I was about one point five kilometers into the cave and crawling along and such a spotted it on a rock and it just looked so you know, you get used to seeing spiders and things, but to see it wasp there was very strange and so we brought it back to the surface and yes, it's eyelurst. It's very highly cave adapted, and ye, the only example of such in the world, which is really special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alive or mummified, yes, no, Well, this was the.
Speaker 4: Exciting and mysterious thing about this cave. We didn't find any living invertebrates in the whole cave. We found thousands of dead mummified ones, and some of them had died kind of mid climb up on the cave walls and so like they were frozen in motion. It was really kind of eerie, huge numbers of them and very very well preserved. They look like they could have died yesterday, but they could.
Speaker 24: Be very old.
Speaker 1: So what's your theory there? What had happened? Was there an event or did something happen in the cave that led to this?
Speaker 4: Well that's been a topic of lots of around the campfire discussions. We don't know. I personally think it looks like it might have been a gas event or a series of gas events at some point in time. We're not sure how old or how long ago that killed these animals, because some of them that are kind of frozen mid stride it's just so unusual. It's this Yeah, it's like stepping into this frozen space where everything stuck as it was so Yeah, so we're hopefully going to be doing some more research to try and account what happened there, which there's.
Speaker 32: A good story behind me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. I was just that's my next question. Get I reckon. You can't wait to get back there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, yes, I can't wait to get back. But my legs were more bruises and cuts and legs when I got out, So I'm going to let my body recover a bit, but no, I can't.
Speaker 5: Wait to get back.
Speaker 4: There's there's a lot This cave is one of the most amazing places I've ever been in my life. And I think it's got a lot of stories to tell us, and some, you know, really like globally important stories about the nulla boring about the animals that might be living in other caves out there. Yeah, it's an awesome place.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You use the word epic, use the word awesome, which is words that my nine year old uses and I can relate to them. Does the ipicness and the awesomeness overtake there? I'm one point five caves into a cave and I'm keep banging my legs on stuff. Is it all about what you can see and the exhilaration and the adrenaline of what you're finding.
Speaker 4: It is and I think, to be honest that the kind of fear factor adds for me anyway, adds to the kind of overall excitement of being in this world. It's when you're underground, especially in these decads where very few people have ever been, it's like stepping into a different world.
Speaker 10: It's nothing.
Speaker 4: It's so different to your day to day life, and it's scary, it's dark, you're in small places with very big spiders, the whole range of feelings. But most of all, it's exciting. And when you are looking at animals that you know are so special and so interesting from a scientific point of view, and so rare and globally important, then it kind of adds to that overall. Yeah, or I guess, and it is a pretty special thing to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well done, keep up the good work. Just really nice to talk today in Perth and on six PR.
Speaker 19: Thank you, it's been great to speak to you.
Speaker 27: Bo she Is.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Doctor Jess marsh Entomologists are auricnologists at the University of Biological Sciences the Universe of Adelaide. Have you been in the nullible caves?
Speaker 18: So?
Speaker 1: Some of them are dry, they're world famous their limestone caves, and of course the water movement means that people can get inside them, they can dive inside them. These ones are dry and Jess has found a cave adapted wasp at world first, as well as other animals without without eyes and that have adapted to living in the dark. But it sounded like something had happened in the caves such that they died sort of mid stride as they were trying to trying to climb the walls. Incredible, Hey, the nullible caves?
Speaker 27: Have you been?
Speaker 1: Are your cave diver? Not for the faint heart of this business, I reckon. I have seen craigsharn And talk a couple of times. He's a brave dude, Craig, but also a meticulous professional diver. And him and his mate Richard and the marine team they assembled to get the tie boys out of the cave. If you haven't seen Craig Challum talk already, spook. He's amazing color documentaries around as well. They were born to do that. Those two boys Richard Harrison, Craig Chalum Perth blokes back in a second four neen to twelve, George says, good a Simond a George thumbs up. Made. A lot of Aldi products are the same price, are even more expensive than other supermakes. You have to know your prices and shopping around for those better prices. We'll save you a lot of money there. Goodbys at Aldi, but not mean enough to make a lot of people shop there, Thanks George. So the poll is running heavily in Aldi's favor today, George and A certainly that is what George said as well. You do need to shop around. Not everything is cheap in Aldi. Thanks for your corresponds, mate, Elijah good a good see English in the team and also Constance Hazwood Lucky Bolin should be in the sides as Elijah, Thank you, mate. A lot of corresponds about Aldi. Where the money goes from alting you said, oh, just say that. Look it is it is a privately owned company, not a German government owned company. But I think Sam is making the point that you know they would pay taxes and have to pay to the German government. Some are remuneration there for operating overseas. What AUDI does with its profits once they pay their taxes their business, says Henry, and I reckon a lot of it is to do in Australia not necessarily ideologically aligned when it comes to buying cheap goods. Hey, that's not necessarily the case for all of us. I talk about inflation in just a moment. But I did notice this morning when I was looking around, there's a couple of things coming up in Perth, a couple of events. Banksy, you know Banksy, the English artist. His work is being displayed at the north Bridge Center at the moment. So the North Bridge Center is he's on where the bridge goes over the railway near the main train station, not the Horseshoe Bridge, but the one that's further ead. I don't know if it has a name or not. It's a thing. It's Barrack Street, isn't it. That is the North Bridge Center is on the corner there, and that is displaying at the moment a Banksy a series of Banksy installations and artworks. So you can go online and have a look good Banksy in Perth and you'll be able to see it there at the North Bridge Center and you can go and visit. That's pretty cool. The other one I note that in January of next year. January of next year, in the rac Arena, David Byrne is coming solo. Have a listen caran sim those up to and some nervous can't belos.
Speaker 37: Can slips of.
Speaker 1: Far don't touch me. I'm a real life.
Speaker 37: Circle pillowcas.
Speaker 38: Far.
Speaker 1: So David Byrne's coming to Perth. That is, of course from Stop making sense, that is him with talking heads fronting talking heads, the singer songwriter, very eccentric David Byrn. But he's coming to Perth in January next year. I think it's January the twenty seventh, and you can buy tickets now, and as is the way these days, you can go online and have a look at what the song was comprises and Dee Burns is playing that once in a lifetime burning down the house. This must be the place. Now you've medal a great song life during wartime that one psycho killer slippery people wrote to nowhere don't worry about the government. So David Byrn is playing in Perth in January, and that'd be pretty cool. I Reckon. He's done a lot of solo work since Talking Heads are split up. He's done a lot of stuff with choirs. He appears on TV fairly regularly. Is a silver head gent these days. Still got a full head of hair. But he is appearing in Perth in January the twenty seventh. I'd love to hear from me today. I haven't heard from anyone who's been to the caves and a null ball either you know, to the dry caves or been cave diving. Pretty for the people who are right out there, isn't it. Susan Lee, who is the Opposition leader, has spoken at the National Press Club today. She has admitted in the past couple of days that the Nibs got smashed. We got smashed at the election. He's a little bit of Susan Lee's first address addressing the Press Club today.
Speaker 35: I will always be honest and upfront with the Australian people. So let's be honest and upfront about last month's election. We didn't just lose, we got smashed, totally smashed. What we as the Liberal Party presented to the Australian people was comprehensively rejected.
Speaker 38: The scale of that defeat.
Speaker 35: Its size and significance is not lost on me, not any one of my parliamentary team sitting here today. It was devastating for our parliamentary colleagues, our party members, our supporters and voters across the country. I want to thank all Coalition candidates who ran at the election.
Speaker 8: I want to.
Speaker 35: Particularly acknowledge my many friends who served in the Parliament with distinction who have not returned this term. Over two elections, the Coalition has lost thirty three seats in the House of Representatives. We've lost eight seats in the Senate. Our primary vote has fallen by more than nine percent in the House, our two party preferred vote is down more than six percent, and we hold now just two of forty three inner Metro seats and seven of forty five outer Metro seats. These numbers reflect a deep and growing disconnect. We respect to the election outcome with humility, we accept it with contrition, and we must learn from it with an conviction.
Speaker 1: That is Susan Lee speaking to the National Press Club today, admitting that and has used the words smashed quite a bit over the last couple of days, so we knew that they're a long way back. Aren't they In sporting terms. In racing terms, they are a long way back. One double three eighty two is the phone number. Dave says, yes, I shop at Aldi and they sell beer. Thank you, jack O, Yes they do, and I'll go down a limb here. I don't have a terribly refined or epicurean palette, but I reckon the chardon made Aldi is easily one of the worst drinks I ever tried in my entire life. I've tried it a few times. It's like a cleaning fluid or or something that you're putting the in your car's cooling system. It's not good. And I can stomach and taste and try most things, the Audi Chardonay is to be avoided. That would be my take on it. I do shop at Audi. Don't drink the sharden. Mate Angers says, cheese at Audi is much cheaper than elsewhere. Put you down and say yes, thank you mate. Excellent. Jane in Ferndale shops at Audi. Thank you, Jane. Good on your Aldi. No they charge credit card fees?
Speaker 9: Is him?
Speaker 1: Thanks m GOUDI is seventeen years of age. Say Hayden, thank you. Fourteen four minutes to midday. I'm Simon Beaumont. See mcdogle will be with us soon. Let's find out how LightScape is going. That is our prize for caller of the day today. Two tickets to go and see LightScape. How good go with a go go on a date to LightScape, beautiful sit out, the under the stars watcher, Kingspark's LightScape, all the beautiful trees, the blooms, all of that. A little bit of something to eat and drink, some glass of bubbles maybe, but that is our prize for caller of the day to day, A couple of tickets to go and see light Escape up in Kings Park. Thanks listening, David says Hi, Simon, I was going to go to the Nullibore Caves, but I was busy trying to find a car park at the City of Cambridge on my way to Aldi to pick up some German sausage. Thank you David. Little something for everyone there. I definitely shop at Aldie. Was the price of better meat, dairy and fruit. Vegage from Australia produced their hire Australian staff. They helped the austral economy thanks to one of our listeners there. We'll come back after Midday with Sue McDougal. Summi dougal joins us Hi, Sue, how are you?
Speaker 38: Simon?
Speaker 1: Very well, thanks Sue. Up in the Hills. You've got an Aldi, haven't you. Yes, we do cheap, cheapest supermarke going around.
Speaker 38: Well that's what they do on isn't that.
Speaker 1: The basket understand a basket.
Speaker 38: Under standard basket?
Speaker 1: So I think people shop around would.
Speaker 38: So if you had time, who's got time? And also what you actually need? And for me when it's shopping, yes, I look at something and I'll see the difference of ten percent and go over the You know, that's about the threat the unit price, the unit price. But it's also I'm passionate about it has to be made in Australia. It has to be Australian produce. It takes me age. Is no, not so fussed about organic as far as a priority goes. But if there's a choice. Andrew says that that's so true. But also sometimes convenience when you're shopping, you just know where everything is, and I know that's not a good thing. Andy shops at Aldi, and it was interesting when Aldi first to set their supermarket places, they looked at the catchment. It's a bit what Bunnings does actually looks at the catchment out and so you know, like this sort of funnel in and they decided that's where that's where there was opportunity. So we we in Munderian got one of the first stores in w A Okay, so I'm not sure us Andy he had some random purchases. It's that center aisle that gets He's brought like seven frying pans or something from that center aisle.
Speaker 1: It's a blokey drives through the tunnel like it's the Rebi's engines. They can hear echo on the walls grown up from that. How's LightScape going, Yeah, it's going really well.
Speaker 38: I mean last week when it was rainy we desperately need. The rain slowed down a little bit, but we still had a few thousand people through each night, which is just fantastic and it's magical at night. So what I do want to stress is if it's raining, it's actually okay. It's really adds another dimension to the Botanic Garden, and not many people get to enjoy the Botanic Garden when it's lit up in in that sort of environment, so it's well worth it. Keeps going to the end of July, Simon. So I see the prize is pretty excited.
Speaker 1: It's a great price. Yeah, so thank you for you and your gang up there for the prize ring in one level three. Ay, two, If you have a gardening question for Sue intoor outdoor plants, anything you like home hordiculture today, John.
Speaker 9: Hello there, I just trying to ada there.
Speaker 1: Certainly you got you, John, Yeah, sorry, all right.
Speaker 9: I mean I want to point out about blue Eye business. I've got one out the front which was propagated from a cutting and I'm wasn't too sure when they cut it. It's pretty dormant now there's no flowers, no leaves are dropping off. Yeah, so when when's the best time for me to take cummings and soil so you will have.
Speaker 38: The high biscus syriacus, not the alleghany. So there's a native one that we all so caol blue high biscuits, which is allegony, but this is a deciduous one. You put the cuttings in soil or in a propagation mix once it's completely dormant, and so you'll be semi hardwood cuttings that will go through and that will be any time from beginning of July to mid July, and depending on the year and how cold it is. So you've got a few weeks from now on John to take some cuttings. You can give it a prune also and then letting it shit it. Of course you'll be pruning at the same time you'll be taking cuttings.
Speaker 9: So if I put them in the end of July in September, they'll look like a plant that's.
Speaker 38: So starting to shoot. If you're doing it as sellable, probably not, because it will take a little while for those roots to establish. So you'll start off as small pots and then you'll start to get them to establish. And so when you're selling a plant, you do need to get a very strong root system, and so they just start to come through. They might be just colosing up, so you might need another like twelve months. If you want to use to grow them to sell them, you might need another twelve months or another year to get them a decent size so the plants are established, or if you wanted what we call rooted cuttings, that's something else that you could do, and probably September that's the stage they'll be at. But depends how good a green thumb you've got.
Speaker 27: John, Um, I'm learning.
Speaker 38: Yeah, that's it. That's it, and the cuttings. It's about time, just waiting for time. So put in a lot more than you think you need.
Speaker 1: Yep, there you go, John, Thank you mate, thanks for calling in.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 39: Carol, Oh, good morning, very good afternoon. Sue. First up, congratulations, you're very worthy winner of your award.
Speaker 38: Thank you.
Speaker 39: I have a camellia bush that I've only had about two years. It's like a straight up one. The leave's got terribly burnt in the forty degree heat. Consequently, most of the leaves are two thirds dead and brown and crackling, and one third green. Now, if I were to take them all off the tree or the bush.
Speaker 8: Just there wouldn't be very much of it.
Speaker 39: So what can I do to improve the leaves that are a little bit green?
Speaker 38: Yes, exactly, I get that totally. So camillies only grow once a year. I would keep the leaves on it looks whilst it looks awful. It just protect them a little bit, or protect the main stems a little bit from the following summer's sun. But camellias only shoot away after they finish flowering. So they do grow once a year and you have this window of four to six weeks that they'll put on this beautiful new growth. Then that new growth will harden off ready for the summer. So if it's a Sussanca camellia, they are earlier flowering. Japonica is a bit later, but by the end of August, end of September, you'll look at it and think, right, it's ready to shoe. You'll see it starting to shoot away. That's when you start feeding it also, so the beginning of September, if it's an earlier one, get on to it with a liquid fertilizer, but just a granular, organic based fertilizer around the root system and over the foliage. Also because the reason we put it over the foliage is whilst the leaves that are already green, you know some of them are green, the new ones that come through. The ones that are dead of course aren't going to take up the fertilizer. But then what drips down goes around the root system. You're establishing it. You really want to get that window. When they shoot away. After they finish flower, it's probably not strong enough to flower, so you just got to guess in that period of which variety it is.
Speaker 19: Okay, okay, thank you very much, Thanks Carol, well done.
Speaker 1: My mum is really good at growing committees, is she? Yeah, really good? And I don't I don't know why. She just sort of they just she got bore water you know, it comes on coutl howers a day. She's really good at it.
Speaker 38: Interesting, where is it the garden on the limestone flats? So improving the soil obviously protect a position. It's a really good reflection of having the perfect microclimate for the plants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's a gun. Thank you, Carol. Gooday, Jaden, Oh.
Speaker 13: Good afternoon, Simon and Sue. I've got an out of control lemontry because little Jaden Jr. Has been doing his business over there and it's gone crazy. A lot of foliage, a lot of lemons. Just it's I can't reach the lemons anymore. So I had a couple of too many of those brown drinks and I went a little bit too aggressive one time and cutting it.
Speaker 9: What can I do?
Speaker 38: Yeah, so I get that. So what's the use of having a lemon? Try that you can't reach the foliage? And so after the main fruit crop has gone, it will be shooting away again. The problem with a lemon tree is if you just lop it, it will send out these really incredible long branches and they do get too high. That's what happens. So you will trim it lightly so that you can so you'll trim one branch back as it shoots away, you nip the tips out. So instead of looking at the tree once a year and pruning it, it's this ongoing trimming. If you print it back too hard, Jaden, you won't get fruit for next year. So you'll look at it this year and think right, see where it's flowering, and if it's the Eureka lemon, it will seem to have lemons on it all the time. You'll see where it's flowering. Give it a little bit of it, say trim back a third of it. So if a third of the branch is the next year, you'll trim back, let those shoot away, and nip the tips out so you'll still get fruit for the following year. What you don't want to do is print it back totally hard and miss out on the fruit.
Speaker 13: No, it's just want to let you know we went to LightScape absolute magical. If anybody if they want to do something, please go, guys. I was a little bit iffy about it, but honestly the family loved it.
Speaker 38: As an example of young kids. Did you take young kids?
Speaker 1: You take Jayden Jr.
Speaker 13: I took Jayden Junior mate, and the phone was put away, but he loves taking the photos and honestly it is absolutely magical.
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 1: Good testimony, Jaden, Thank you, cheers, Mate, Maria, Rob Jason stay there back in the moment with Sue McDougal today. If you have a gardening question, call in one double three eight eighty two. Sue McDougal's with us. If you like the course, so you can. One double three eight eighty two is the phone number.
Speaker 36: Hi, Maria, Oh good afternoon, Sue and Simon. Sorry I've got your wrong number name. I was asking about my kangaroo pause. I never seem to flower properly, like I bought the normal red and green one and I never flower properly. And I bought the yellow one and never came any color on it. It just came horrible that there wasn't very nice. And I even bought the carnival one and that didn't even flower probably either.
Speaker 38: You might look after them so too, well, Maria, are they in shade or are they in some.
Speaker 40: Full some yep?
Speaker 12: Yep?
Speaker 10: So are they in that pretty good yep?
Speaker 3: And so why so the.
Speaker 38: One that you said was sort of meant to be yellow but it was all faded? Was this over summer by any chance? Was it you're looking at thinking the summer flowers?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 36: Yeah, the bush is really huge, but the flower comes out bit and then it never it never performs a nice color, just all faded, looking like straw color.
Speaker 38: Yeah, okay, so that might be the particular variety. So if it's a tall growers, really strong, there is one called any Xanthus flabbtus.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 38: Flabbtus is one of the parents of many of the kangaropool. The new varieties brilliant foliage, really tough, hardy, strong grower, but the flowers are quite pale, quite insignificant. So you need either rufus like Rubra ruby red, you need orange fever yellow jam one of the big strong summer flowering varieties that will flower brilliantly. Flabvitus. All I can think, Maria is if you've got Flabbtus, you are feeding the birds, so really good for attracting bird so it is making a difference to your garden. Attracting birds really good for habitat. And if you're thinking about the red green that needs full sun, if it's a late flower, it does tend to fade. Seedlings at this time of the year. It's time to put kangaroo poor yellow, red and green kangaroo paus in. But some of the bush Gem series, some of the really strong growing like pink pearl. You can't go wrong with that one. That should have fairly intense color. But the flowers do fade in summer. That's one thing that particularly the hot afternoon sun, so the winter color is brilliant.
Speaker 1: I think Maurice's like may, I can't grow them. I don't know why do you water them too much?
Speaker 38: Because that can be I think.
Speaker 1: Way way back when you and Thanks Maria, when you and I first started talking about them, you said, you know, leave them out and let let the rain try. I've tried everything soon, so I've bought the blue ones, red and green, so.
Speaker 38: The red green ones that actually dies back naturally. But you should see the new colors that are coming through. I think some burst it might be your your color, okay, Simon, it's a new one. It's bright yellow, incredibly bright yellow, stunning color. I think it should be named after Matilda's because it's that bright yellow and green. It's stunning. But we couldn't do that, so it's some burst. But the other one that's probably for your name sake, but not as strong grower does better in pots is one called Jazz. And that's a new one, which is purplely my blue, huge hue color, like a really saltry color. But some burst is brilliant.
Speaker 1: I'll give another try, soue twenty three minutes past twelve. Thanks Maria good.
Speaker 18: A, Rob Gooday guys, Hey, yes, secret question.
Speaker 10: My lemon tree.
Speaker 18: It's obviously got a lot of fruit on it, but on the leaves, so not the leasy branches themselves. The standard grab these little bulb things. And I did doctor Google, and I said it's a native wasp. I said, nevil and sound right, so I thought i'd come on alf doctor sue. So it is.
Speaker 38: It's a native to somewhere, but it's not native to Australia as citrus gol wasp. And you'll find that, Rob, Citrus gol wasp does call it a problem. Actually, inglewood all of that area's heartland goal wasp. There's lots of it around it in that area. A few things you can do. You can trim it all off totally. You can get a vegetable peeler and open up where the wasp nestsa the larvae is in there, and that will expose the larvae and of course then it will die, so you're breaking the cycle. Or just before spring when the wasp is hatching, you can put a covers wax over it so that the wasp can't actually hatch out. If you've only got a few, i'd either trim off as many as possible, dispose of those wasps, even burn them or microwave them, or do something just to kill them. And if you've got quite a few, vegetable peeler to open it up to expose that larvae that's in that stem, well have you yeah, yeah, so you may need to trim the tree back hard.
Speaker 18: I can't go there's no chemicals that can be sprayed on it to penetrate and kill them.
Speaker 38: Or is it just a case of so the problem we've got with chemicals is it's going to be taken up by the plant sappstream. So if it's got fruit on it, you don't want to be eating that fruit. There is a withholding period, so it's it's a way of managing it to learn to live with it, if that makes sense. But you want to reduce the population to start with.
Speaker 10: Is that going to affect the plant long.
Speaker 18: Term or in the fruit?
Speaker 38: It will eventually, because it stops the plant sending out new growth. It does eventually. So if you said, Okay, I'm going to manage it, I'm going to reduce the population, I'm going to live with twenty percent of the infection. The tree can cope with that. If you say I'm not going to do anything, eventually you'll start to get this decline on the tree. So you do need to be a bit proactive.
Speaker 18: Okay, thanks so much.
Speaker 10: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's okay, it's stuck in rob. Get that potato pillar out twenty six minutes past midday, get adjacent.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, I've need to put some new lawn down where the kids have worn it out around the monkey bars, and that is it bad timmy to do it now? And what type of lawn is most resilient.
Speaker 38: Most resilient is a coach one of the coach lawns Jason, and depends on our grasses that we use in wa and they're so effective for covering our warm, seasoned grasses. So if you put lawn down there at the moment you have kids directly on it, straight away they go, oh cool, great new lawn. I need to get to the monkey bars again. There's not a chance for that lawn to get established. And so ideally as the weather warms up, I know it's catch twenty two if you need to get rid of the dirt because the kids, you want kids to be out in the monkey bars. Improve the soil. They can go on it a little bit, yes they can, but that hard wearing will cause it to wear away. Loosen that soil up. If you can keep the kids off it for a month or so, and you're planted in September, so over the month it will start to get its roots in and established pretty quick. But about loosening the soil, soil preparation and get it started. But if it's muddy and it's wet, and you still want the kids out in the on the monkey bars at this time of the year, because the benefits of that outweigh the lawn not getting established quickly. You can put it down, but you know it won't get very established or wear very quickly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's so I can. I can make them kick the footy out of the front for a while.
Speaker 38: Yeah, do that. Sorry, then wait, wait until because the lawn at this time of the year, yes, it'll be sitting there, but it tends to be a little bit yellow. If you said, let's prepare the soil, let's get rid of the weeds that are there. When I say prepare the soil, I imagine it's compacted a little bit. Get it right, and then as soon as the beginning of September, so as soon as the weather's starting to warm up, you can lay it. So depending how many square meters, one roll virtually works out to be one square meter. But any of the coop hybrids would do really well. Full sun position, it's pretty tough.
Speaker 10: Okay, we've got every flavor of lawn out the back there. Anyway, Well, the coops take over as well.
Speaker 38: It's actually really yeah, we'll blend into the rest. But it just it's really interesting. It depends on how much water and how well it's looked after, whether whether say, if you've got buffalo, whether that takes over or the coops takes over. In the times of the year, some will be stronger than others, depending on your water regime you're feeding.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, beautiful, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jason, good luck mate. Hello, Justin?
Speaker 32: Yeah, goody, Hey he's gone good, thank you.
Speaker 30: Look, I'm just ringing up.
Speaker 3: I've done a bit of research.
Speaker 41: I'm trying to track down where to buy a snotty gobble tree from.
Speaker 38: Yeah, where do you live?
Speaker 3: Leves Murdy?
Speaker 38: Okay, have you tried Zanthoria nursery so snotty gobblely persona depending which species you want? Justin, have you tried Zantheea?
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 10: They always assist me with what I need.
Speaker 3: But I said the wading list issue.
Speaker 8: Get it?
Speaker 38: Yeah, yeah, so stick your name down there just as a backup for you. There's a few others that you need to try. One is this time of the year. It's always a bit tricky because we have had the major winter planting. There may be some major revege projects that nurseries are growing and some are leftover, So trymuchet tree farms, or you could try Australian Native nurseries. You could try Kings Park Plants Aale which were happening in September. See if they've got any persons growing the friends. I do a fantastic job growing you could. So the other three that I would start off with, you show Tree Farm and Australian Native nurseries. They should be able to Oh a Pace is the other one. I paced it down in frem and Away. They are community nursery and grow a lot of revenge. Start with those three and see they may be able to direct you to someone else who might be able to help you.
Speaker 10: Oh awesome, thanks very much for that.
Speaker 1: Welcome than you're justin. You'll enjoy a Muchet Tree Farm mate. It's a good trip out there and it's a really nice little family business amongst all the other Sue was recommending get a jill.
Speaker 40: Oh a high time and Sue, I have a passion food vine. It's in second year and I know the name, unfortunately, and I've had food it since the summer and I've got thirty at the moment and they're all green, but of course the sun isn't strong enough to.
Speaker 14: Ripen them up to a color.
Speaker 38: Yeah, that's right. So we just leave them there and we just wait. At the moment they'll be quite heart also, so depending on well it depends. Actually, I did have some passion fruit from John Cole. He gave me some of his were just divine and he's got his passion for it out in the open and it still continues to ripen. So whichever vine it is, it's ideal. But if they're not coloring, a couple of things that will help them color is lots of sun, lots of warmth, and you'll find just a light fertilized for fruiting plants will help develop potassium or deliver some potassium for them as well. But it's just waiting now.
Speaker 36: And cut it back.
Speaker 40: I've got to cut it back hard because it's grown really sick because it's on the wall.
Speaker 38: Don't do that until the beginning of spring. Good, Thank you very much, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks sir, your let's squeeze eddie in, get eddie.
Speaker 10: So I'm in.
Speaker 1: So after.
Speaker 25: Good good, we've got some I believe it pronounced kai key apple k ei apples, yeah, which a few fruit may have been donated from the zoo at our last visit and yeah, we've kept the seeds and I've actually germinated them out of the back of the gardener's in a shallow tray in some potting mix. They're about an inch toall. I just want to find out the best way going forward to go with them, whether to put them out now or whether to wait until it gets a bit.
Speaker 38: Warmer or Yeah, So what you need to do is wait so the fruit is slightly I'm not sure if you ate a few of the fruit, but slightly tart but sour, if that makes sense. If that's the way you can explain it. And they're relatively slow growing, so if that's some more you're putting them out now, it does depending where you live, it does need to be a little bit warmer, so keep them in pots. They've germinated, keep them in pots, wait until they would be Depending how many you've got germinating, you probably only want one until they're about at least thirty centimeters high.
Speaker 25: Okay, Yeah, it's fairly shallow soil they're in at the moment a tray, so it's probably only sort of four or five centimeters stick. So it'd be fine to leave you in there for a little while.
Speaker 38: I'd be actually playing for there in a small tray, transplanting them into a pot. Fine, fine until beginning of September, but then put them into a pot.
Speaker 25: Okay, great, Okay, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Daddy, Thanks Eddie good On, Sue, thank you, and thank you. Thank you for the price.
Speaker 38: Oh you're very welcome. I'm so excited to be able to share LightScape. But anyone who wants to come, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get up and see LightScape up at Kingsparke. Thank you, Sue, have a good week. To see you soon. Thank you, Sue wed We're lucky to have her. It's twenty seven minutes to one o'clock.
Speaker 42: Still can get out there for a Wednesday afternoon. No delays on the Mitchell Kwanana Graham Farmer and the north Bridge Tunnel is flowing well. In fact, the north Bridge Tunnel, to be honest, a bit slow westbound, but it is still flowing. You get a good run in and out of the city, crossing the narrows and the causeway, and no delays throughout the metro area. I'm Bruce wilsha On Perth's traffic leader six pr.
Speaker 1: Let's take pause, Let's go to our newsroom here at six PR John Nichols, good afternoon.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Simon, Good afternoon. Opposition leader Susan Lee has declared that the Liberals must increase the number of women in their ranks if they want to improve their appeal to voters. She's given her first major public address in the role. Identifying the cost of living and national security is among her top priorities, with violence against women another focus. Fire investigators a house fire in Perths South this morning was caused by an electrical fault. The fire in Cordelia Avenue, corbel Up started about twenty past three. It took firefighters about half an hour to put it out. Seventy year old woman was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. A new half million dollar reward is on offer for anyone with information that leads to Peter Falconio's remains. The twenty eight year old British backpacker was shot in the head in the Northern Territory in two thousand and one. The Dockers have locked in one of their young guns until at least the end of twenty twenty nine. Murphy Reid has signed a two year extension and West Coach's coach Andrew mccraltas says the club may review its on field leadership roles following Jeremy McGovern's retirement and the absence of Oscar Allen and Jake Waterman with season ending injuries. Eighteen degrees at the moment down to five overnight sunny and twenty tomorrow. More news at one.
Speaker 1: Thank you John, John. We were talking about David Byrne before the frontman for Talking Heads and of course a solo artis is coming to Perth in January next year at the rac Arena. A bit of a weirdo eccentric. So we're asking the questions today of you and our listeners weirdos.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go back to nineteen seventy nine and the new wave era, Layne, I love it. Yeah, definitely weird, Yeah, lucky lucky number.
Speaker 1: No definition of weirdo, but just phone in weirdo musicians rock and pop.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Thanks John, much time one yet, widow said and meant with love and care. You're weirdo musicians. David Byrne coming to Perth in January next year. Layana love it. She's John's nomination. Have you got new weirdos for us. One double three eight eighty two Split Ends are weird when they first started, when they before they became Neil Finn and Tim Finn, respectively, they were they were pretty weird weirdo musicians. One double three two is the phone number? Give us a call. It is seven and a half minutes to one o'clock. You've got any Forest James, you're well? Bruce mentioned this one.
Speaker 16: Jimmy and the Boys, Ignacious Jones, the guy that designed the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yes you're here, Nacius Jones, one of the dead set countdown Widows. Hello Parks if you're listening. Graham Parks one of our one of our mates in the listening audience. He played bass in Jimmy and the Boys. One Double three a Day two Widows, Hi, Danny, Hi, how.
Speaker 6: Are you today?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 20: What do you got for Adam and the music?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was weird?
Speaker 3: Was he?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 24: On you?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Cheers?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How did we make that a hit?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 43: I mean I would say the Prince Charming and Standing to Live great songs?
Speaker 18: This one?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Adam Man, what were we thinking? Widows?
Speaker 17: Gale Chantell, Hey boy, how's it going very well.
Speaker 19: Thank you, that's good.
Speaker 44: I was almost gonna nominate myself for all weird people.
Speaker 1: We're after.
Speaker 13: Technically I'm going to go the York.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A bit of a widow, wasn't she?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a bit.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chantell, well done, Thank you widows.
Speaker 37: Have a good day's caning.
Speaker 1: Burke, the Icelandic Princess ten't mind punks in ther journal. I think we've got that somewhere, Jimmy, haven't we We'll find try and find that she in Thailand. I think Thailand. That's right, kickboxing, alive and well in Thailand. How was you trip? Whack screaming and yelling lamentations. Good nomination, Chantel will take a break, it will come back seven eight minutes to one weirdo musicians. The David Byrne is coming to perth On in January? Ripper, isn't he great musician, singer, songwriter, really really artistic? Creative guy? Did you find it? Jim I did? Yeah, Burke, welcome to Thailand. How was your fly? She genuinely asked her, how is your flight? And Burke took umbrage and studied Filly the air with Burke uppercuts it's a fifteen and a half minutes to one. Widow musicians back in a second. David Byrne from Talking Heads is coming to Perth next year or after your widow musicians, weird pop artists, rock artists, whatever, get I Gary.
Speaker 32: Gallo, Simon Jiants talking a new producer? I think, I say, Mark, Yes, Mark, I don't know much about that guy Iggy Pop memory of Canter he kept.
Speaker 1: He did. Yeah. I think you think he's either very very tired or very affected by something. I think pop. I saw a pop at Iggy Pop played at the Old Challenge Stadium's per super Drame Oliver, Hello, Simon, mate, he was right out there, the chairman of the board. Here he is.
Speaker 33: I'm looking up in the city.
Speaker 37: What the hell?
Speaker 27: What the heck?
Speaker 37: Mate?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 43: I regaon that's modeling itself a little bit off. Franz Ferdinand. Have you seen them lives?
Speaker 1: Are they a bit weird? Are they they're little bit weird?
Speaker 10: Are they?
Speaker 3: I like?
Speaker 43: I like getting a bit weird sometimes.
Speaker 1: Simon, yes, I know that. You know i'ven each other alongside. What do you have for us between one and five?
Speaker 43: For your mate Jason Vivie, Oh, yes, you're or your former mate really close.
Speaker 1: Yes, you go to breakfast together once upon a lunch dinners. I've been to the football with him. Now he doesn't return your calls, and Lynch would say, not anymore.
Speaker 43: Not anymore, my mate, your co o Stowitch Yep, your mate, Brad pettittt.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's funny. That's good.
Speaker 10: We're up to you.
Speaker 1: We're up to your mate. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 43: So so Brad bettat join us of Southternoon because he wants to talk about density through the Western suburbs and on the train line. And maybe he's being up a bit of what happened with the approval in Coddterslow last week at Station Street. But he's suggesting we should have a lot of homes built around those train stations.
Speaker 1: So I suspect you were probably at the gym doing doing your thing. But we ran a little question to our listeners today. Shops that you will never find in the Western suburbs retail out, we get spudshed. Yeah, Aldi, No, Aldi's coming. It's not there yet though it's something might need more and you don't have a Department Transport Licensing Center. Dan Murphy's Dan Murphy don't have those, got to go far to find Uncle Dan's not anymore lynchy. I'll be listening between one and five today. Thank you someone. I'll get you to do the early doors. Sure, I'll just get you this now, pull up a little bit so we can see it. Thank you, mate. Yes, no, do you shop at ld so? The yes is are ninety three? Oh you're you're a ninety three?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like to go to dog Swamp, do you yeah? Dog dog Swamp?
Speaker 38: I got a dog Swamp.
Speaker 1: That's a bit of a hike, a little bit, but it goes good, right, crazy got our good?
Speaker 24: Is that?
Speaker 1: How good is that new roundabout at Green Street? How's that going? It's great? Like twenty five million witches hats all aims lead to one. How's that going?
Speaker 43: It's going good? And forty five forty five? Yes, sir, so you're a ninety you're a yes? YEA shop at ninety three at dogs? Oh he's great, it's very good. I like going to a shopping center where you get everything there, a little bit from there, a little bit from here, a little bit.
Speaker 10: From over there.
Speaker 1: Blues brothers, Thank you mate, well done, Thanks widows. Franz Ferdinand if you got okay, yeah, thank you. Here we go.
Speaker 10: I don't have it.
Speaker 1: I'll bring all right, yeah, all right, take me out ten minutes to one o'clock at Widows, could they Morgan?
Speaker 27: Yeah, I can't remember the name of the band, but the song is called Serving Birds. They don't come any weirder than that one, I can tell you.
Speaker 1: Trash men yeah, the trash man, yeah yeah, full metal jacket yeah yeah, come on, come on, thanks Morgan had everybody's head about the bed.
Speaker 12: Then are they weed?
Speaker 1: Can you see them?
Speaker 10: There? Were they?
Speaker 1: Weired to look at?
Speaker 18: We know it?
Speaker 1: Suits and everything quiff black hair, clean haircut everything yet a weird song? Yes, Wed, we'll pay it, Morgan, We'll pay it mate, Thank you?
Speaker 15: Good a John, good eye, Simon listen. You couldn't go past this guy, ian Jury, could you?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 15: He was a lunatic, mate, I'm thinking was created some great songs.
Speaker 1: He was a good band, wasn't it the Blockheads?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Rip a band, countdown band mate, good work, John nice, nomination Widows.
Speaker 27: Every manning.
Speaker 33: Rhythm stick me, hit me, should turn eet, hit me, let me slowly, end.
Speaker 37: Me quick, get me?
Speaker 10: How good?
Speaker 1: Well I'm joing yet widow injury, Gay.
Speaker 19: Evy tiptoe through the true.
Speaker 1: Very good. That's a good party trick, EV.
Speaker 14: That's what I was told to do.
Speaker 1: That's really good. Yeah, very good, Thanks Ev, Yeah, really good. Have you always been able to do that? Get that sing that high?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 36: Yes all the time at times?
Speaker 1: All got anything else for me? Thanks? Are you going tonight?
Speaker 10: Ev?
Speaker 44: No, I'm not on house down?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well we'll have one. We'll have a pims lemonade for you. Ebe thank you, very good e b C at home. Good work by her.
Speaker 10: Good David, I'm good Simon.
Speaker 41: This fellows from the same stable as David burn Out of Talking Heads. I can't remember the fellow's name, but he was in the group called Wizard and See My Baby Jove. If you've seen how they dressed up, they were out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah they were, weren't they? That David Bowie kind of glam rocky kind of thing going on. Thanks David good Man, good work mate, Wizards See My Baby Jove. I Reckon was on Fantastic seventy three on the KTEL album. I think I haven't got everything right today, Dave. I've been a little the Rado has been a little wide of the mark today, but that happens a get a trucky Carol, Hello, Simon, how are you very well? Thanks?
Speaker 13: How are you there?
Speaker 10: You go?
Speaker 44: Just give you your tube. Yeah, I've got a weirdo band for you. It's men without Hats and the safety Dance. These guys used to dance around with witches hats on their heads and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I don't think I've ever seen this video. It is a weird songs, a.
Speaker 44: Big countdown thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where are you, Chucky Caroling?
Speaker 20: Where am i?
Speaker 44: I've just come back from the from Freemantle down the Fremantle traffic Bridge delivering some structurals still there and just heading back to the depot now.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, and how is it out there?
Speaker 44: Oh today?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really good?
Speaker 44: Yeah good, not much traffic on the road. It's been a good drive today.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, nice to hear from you. Thank you, good stuff, Thank you weirdos. Now we're going to we're coming from.
Speaker 38: One part.
Speaker 1: A week and girl and we want to be Trackie Carroll. Drive carefully. It's five and a half minutes to one o'clock Paris, says Chris Murphy. Really Okay, that's hard. He probably probably wouldn't mind that. Actually, we'll come back in just a moment. It's five to one o'clock. We'll come back and let you know who's one our Call of the Day prize for the day. Thanks for listening in Oli Peterson from one to one to five with Perth Live Our Yes No Paul Today a year nine, as Chris Murphy would say, is do you shop at Aldi? The yes is a ninety three and the nose of forty five. Choice Magazine published a survey today Aldi the cheapest across their basket of groceries, I have the most expensive calls and Woollie's second and third do you shop at Audi? And we have been asking the question what what shops will you never find in the Western suburbs? Audi, spud Shed, the Department of Transports and Licenses sent out I Ka, Dan Murphy's, Drummond's Golf, Big w Reject Shop, Goodman Gomez at the AFL store, No, Holy Molly's Auto Ones, good a John.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 45: Look, very briefly from everyday things that you can't buy in the Western suburbs. If you want to buy a Porsche, you want to buy a Bentley. Do you want to buy an now for Romeo? You want to buy rest Lamborghini lectures, range Rover. You have to come discover the Troe you got to go to inne lou Yeah, yeah, every everyday items.
Speaker 1: Thanks John, Thanks John, thanks for joining in in the right spirit. Quite right. One double three add two been asking the questions I don't know treat in the Western suburbs. Thank you, Sean. No KFC from the tax line was earlier, had a bit of fun with that this morning shops you can't find in the Western Suburbs. One double three A two has been the number no big w as well, Thanks Sean. Our call of the day today is Eddie who rang us from no axe throwing Workshops. Yeah, none of that out that way, nor should there be call of the day Today's Eddie who rang us from Yanchet during the gardening segment. Thanks Eddie, I reckon you'll be able to use these. It sound like you have got a couple of kids there as well. Take them to Nightscape made sorry LightScape LightScape up in King's Park. You'll enjoy that, mate, Thanks for phoning in. Nice romantic night or take someone you really like and want to have a cuddle with this in these cooler months. It's on until July, lighting up the trees, the blossoms, all of that bit of food and drink on offer as well. Thanks Eddie, cheers mate, Thanks for listening in today, Thanks to my team, thanks to Mark, thanks to Sean, thanks to Jimmy the genius on the keys. We'll be back tomorrow at nine o'clock. See you then. Mick Collas is on tomorrow, see y