Speaker 1: Please boys.
Speaker 2: I think I'm enjoying hotel, these.
Speaker 1: Animals doing on TV and late at night.
Speaker 2: Baby God has come to Marathon.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gents, what are you going to do? Do it well and do it much?
Speaker 3: Yes, Hello, and welcome to another episode. Oh Freddy and the Eighth probably brought to you by Sports Fed. Great to see you, gentlemen. Andrew John's Brad Fhitler alongside me. We're back in studio. Last week we're at Suncorp Stadium and now back here. That was pretty good though, that was amazing.
Speaker 4: And the next two next not next week, the next one over we're going to Perth.
Speaker 3: Yes, a special guest. Who are we going to have?
Speaker 1: We can't disclose. I just kind of working on it.
Speaker 3: Oh is it think I know who that is?
Speaker 1: Get ready right?
Speaker 2: He's a ripper?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, plenty of stories if it is who it is who I think it is. Anyway, we will reveal all when we know and it is locked in. We've got a huge show coming your way. We're going to be discussing all things around lockey. Galvin what this means for the Bulldogs? He has been named on the extended bench. A bit of trouble at the Broncos and their results at the moment are they set to lose a big name player and that will review all the big talking points out of State of Origin game one and have looked towards a game two of State of Origin. But it has been a huge weekend that we've seen in footy, Freddie, what caught your eye over the week that was?
Speaker 2: I can't believe how many times this year I've seen a first. But the Isabelle Killy Troy like in the women's start of Origin, she scored a try and no one's around. She dives and the balls on top of her art and then when you just go for a closer inspection, the ball actually doesn't touch the ground. They gave it a no try like I haven't seen that ever. There's another one sharp kicks a dropout, let's your shut Fletcher and it goes dead. That's the first time I've ever seen it.
Speaker 1: How much practice you reckon they do on this, You've got to be doing about.
Speaker 2: It actually goes dead.
Speaker 4: Do about twenty or thirty a week. Get your technique right. The best one to do it is Jerome Leui. He does at rub Union. So when you do the dropout or the drop kick. You let it bounce and go and kick it out. Watch Rugby Union, get your technique.
Speaker 3: That does get very windy at Cogra there right where that is, it's onto the water.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, kick along, kick the longer and the last one. The best one is Daniel Tupa. This was unbelievable. So look at this. The rousters break him down the left hand side. There's Tube's one of my favorites. Beats the savage tackle. He thinks he's tackled. I better not alright in school.
Speaker 4: And looking around? What have I done? I scores it.
Speaker 2: Strange comes flowing across so good.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I love most about that game? Ricky Ricky Stewart. Honestly, you need to get a go pro on him and you could make a full blown documentary.
Speaker 1: Tackling the Viking just bashes everyone, the poor Viking with the there he is in the background into the Viking.
Speaker 2: He does nothing soft.
Speaker 1: That guy's a mixture between Colonel Sanders and a Viking. We've got to get his note, We've got to get him on.
Speaker 3: We've got a huge guest list. Do you know, speaking of guest list, I'm in the works at the moment to get these guys on Big Fans of NRL on nine the Sunday Footay Show and big fans of Andrew Johnson as well, guys from hallow Sport. They did a wonderful podcast after we were talking a lot about Ballgate as well, and so they photo shopped themselves in with the big dogs. So they I think one of the bie It's very funny, was Andrew John's He's the only man to tamer Stephen.
Speaker 2: They were good.
Speaker 4: I could go somewhere with that, but I'll just leave that. I'd like to pop out of those onesies.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like a lot two big turns. The line line that looks looked like hung monkeys.
Speaker 2: They're lined down and they're talking about when you're upstairs and it sounded different.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, we else made a comment like that. Jamie Soward, one of the great kickers. He even said the ball sounded different.
Speaker 3: So, mister Stephen, did you get any insight into it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got got last year's Origin two ball where Ezachlamax kicks I think five from seven. We've got the Origin ball and then we've got an NURL ball. There's no difference. We had someone come up with an idea though, to not fill them with oxygen or air, to fill them with nitrogen nitrogen.
Speaker 3: And what difference would that create?
Speaker 2: We think she sent the text I can't remember, but he sorted with racing, so they fill their ties with different products. So hmm interesting. You'll be able to kick it further on.
Speaker 3: Well, we're definitely going to try and get the Hellow Sport guys on the couch in their ones ees, ye, yeah, leave it with me.
Speaker 2: The turns.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's let's dive into some footage chat. Of course, there is a fever depression of febit of discussion at the moment about the Bristo Bronchos and where they're at this season so far, and also just the way that they have been playing as well. You guys spoke about it on Sunday the Sunday Foy Show, quite critical of the Bronchos. What do you when you're watching them play at.
Speaker 4: The moment, Well, for me, it looks like they just want to trick shot their way to victory. They just want to put their set plays on. They don't want to get down and dirty. That's just how I see it. They've just got to totally sympathy that the way they play get there and back their defense and just play a power game, high completions and tackle the way to victory, that they need a real dirty, winning, ugly win.
Speaker 2: They don't put themselves in a position to help their teammate. If you look at the great teams and if you put a high camera where you'd see the moving in position, constantly, constantly getting back behind the ball and working to make it better for their teammate, I don't see it.
Speaker 4: Because they want to go for the big play. That's right, they want to play the big play. Pain Ass.
Speaker 1: Gets a runaway late in the game, there's no one within twenty thirty meters of him, and they're just cheering, go, I just want to do a block for a block for a block, on play.
Speaker 4: For strip it, back back your defense, high support, completion rates support.
Speaker 3: So what is that? What does that come down to is that obviously there's onnus. There's a lot of onus on the players who are on the field, but there's also a lot of discussion about the coaching staff at the moment. Mark maguire, he's obviously come in and he's been hoping to change the team around, put that really hard edge on them. But who is to blame in this situation? How much Onnus is on him? Michael.
Speaker 2: You go from Kevy who Kevy said they were? People say Kevy was, you know, gave the players too much room, and now you're going to a coach you might and give them any room as a dictator. So it comes back to the players. You can't have it both ways. You can't. You know, you can't love Kevy but not produced for him. And then all of a sudden you get someone who works your hard and you don't work for him as well. So at the end of the day of the players just need to stand up.
Speaker 4: The worrying thing for me is they're the biggest club in the NRROL pretty much, kids in Coeensland pretty much. They all want to play for the Broncos. They haven't got any halves coming through. They're looking to sign Adam Reynolds. What's Renno. Thirty five?
Speaker 1: Where's the next place? Look at the Raiders?
Speaker 4: The Raiders, Ko Weeks, Chevy Stuart twenty early twenties, Ethan Sanders in his twenties, Ethan Strange in his twenties, Am Paddy.
Speaker 1: Where's their planning? Where's the next halves pushing through? There isn't any There isn't.
Speaker 2: So black someone black, Kobe Black, Kobe Black.
Speaker 3: If you are coaching this side, then what are you looking? How do you change it around?
Speaker 2: Obviously where they've got the talent, they're the best players. But if you went through all the kids in Queensland, they've got them all. Brisbane have the best production line and they always have so they're the best players. You don't need different players. They's got to find a way.
Speaker 1: When paynehas gets the ball. The two halves the fullback should be buzzing around whenever he gets the ball because if they push up, he's going to get one on one tapeackles. Look one on one tackles. You can't tackle him.
Speaker 4: And if he gets someone on one tackle it's a quick play of the wall or it's an offloat got to push up with him, which can't be saying get to hear for a quick play the wall because we've got this fancy big play on.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: As a real concern against mainly the score and how I got away at the end, and some of the tries I'm never getting out of the road at one stage there's just a real lack of commitment or thought.
Speaker 4: But him and Carrigan can hold their head high. One look their excuses because they've had injuries.
Speaker 2: But that though, they set this great standard. But they then need to also now take the next level of drive it into everyone else. Well they provide, but they're the learned to drive everyone mad, so they everyone around him. You know what winning looks like is pain?
Speaker 1: Got that in it?
Speaker 2: Well, everything he does, he doesn't verbalize it, but everything he does, his actions. He trains hard, you know, always on time. He's a real professional. So Carrigan he might need to be the voice he needs to draw people. Man, you got to make people accountable.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with the coach, do you do?
Speaker 3: You see paynhas staying at the Bulldog so he can he's managers sorry, at the Broncos. His manager has spoken about it, so they're going to put all talks on hold until the end of the season, so he's still there for next year.
Speaker 2: Look at him, Just who's there next to your Perth Bears coming the year after one on one offload? Well, if you're the Perth Bears. You're chasing him, aren't you?
Speaker 1: If there's other issues.
Speaker 4: He's looking after his little brothers, isn't he His little brothers live with him and he's got a young family on his own.
Speaker 1: I think it's a.
Speaker 4: Big big ass to move him across the country they black there. Does he want to go play with Tino? Does he want to go play with his brother? Does he want to go to the Gold Coast and play with it?
Speaker 2: They're going to afford him? You can't, You can't. Honestly, Tino's on good money. You can't pay Tino and him like in the same position. Well, they're just salary kept us. Doesn't work that way. So he looks good in the bulldog's jersey. There's a Sam Cassio about him. Heels a good player, Sam cas.
Speaker 3: It is going to be an interesting situation though, when the Bears do come in, I think the market there will be obviously there's a whole new team to get players in. Do you think that there will be a lot of change coming in, Say, at the.
Speaker 1: They need a big, big scalp.
Speaker 4: First off, it looks like malmon Inger is going to be there, which would be great. We've got a big figurehead pretty when g WS came in, they got Kevin Sheedy. So Mal's recognizable everywhere even if you're an AFL fan or you can't miss him.
Speaker 1: Is that big. So now they need a market player. And look at the Storm when they started, they got Glenn Lazarus.
Speaker 2: Front rower, half back, front rail, good coach, Chris Anderson already one Grand Finals. The other thing that is everyone is totally aware of is that the managers know that there's a team coming in twenty twenty eight, so you know all those players coming off contract around that time. The managers will be very smart and coy about what they're doing with their players.
Speaker 3: And you get the sense that the managers they're already onto it. Everyone's already know what different pieces of the puzzle they can put in.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the big part about what we're doing at the moment is expanding. We need sixty more players. So what we needed was make a real focus on the players who are retiring and work out why Cameron Smith and Paul Gallan could play to you know, the quality they did and how they did that. And then also we need to work out how we're going to get sixteen seventeen eighteen year old players, how do we get them to the next level earlier, So that's a really big job for the game.
Speaker 3: Also, just talking about the Broncos earlier. A big one this weekend. Adam Reynolds three hundreds. What an achievement, he said.
Speaker 2: A lot of injuries, hasn't he well his last couple of years for a bloke with his stature, But he's such a classy player and just pushing through leg injuries all the time.
Speaker 3: We had next surgery as well.
Speaker 1: He's done well as want a compet. House would have been odds on to win a comp up there last year, very close twenty minutes away. Yeah, well done Turnder Games, massive, massive effort.
Speaker 2: That was a good team there twenty fourteen see House team Greg Sam Weary, Ben Teo, John Sudden, Dylan Walker, Star studn Oh, they were a good team.
Speaker 3: What a time for the players and the fans as well back in twenty fourteen. All right, we'll stick around. We've got plenty more coming up on Fredday and the after the break we're gonna be talking all things State of Origin. After the Blues big win at Sunclbe Stadium.
Speaker 5: It is a spine tingling atmosphere here at Suncorn is packed to capacity. He could feel the electricity.
Speaker 1: Origin twenty twenty five. He's underweight full time.
Speaker 6: He's out Wales one mill over Queensland over Queensland Land land.
Speaker 7: You feel pretty flat, to be honest about our performance now, we didn't see the best of this Queensland team, and that's what I'm most disappointed about.
Speaker 1: Harry Grant, I spilled it.
Speaker 7: Like many of our players, Harry wasn't at his best tonight.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Fortunately, I'm sure Billy Slater he'll have some staid words for his team members. At halftime, has rumbling back.
Speaker 1: Pain's injury.
Speaker 7: We weren't sure with that either, but he hadn't really trained, and then to push out the minutes and be strong the way he was was inspiration.
Speaker 3: I'm with our man of the match of painhas congratulations.
Speaker 5: He goes to word words in the criton Crichton for the corner across the zach linimax dat are you hoping that Philly shows facing you and that you wouldn turn this around?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Definitely, I guess with losing comes the question. So we've opened ourselves up to these sorts of questions.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'd love the opportunity to come back and correct it.
Speaker 4: Clearing Moses brilliant had When you've got the world's best players playing together, special things happened the first time they've played together.
Speaker 7: I thought terrific.
Speaker 2: Well there, Robin Toyer and what did you make it ease to boot?
Speaker 7: I actually expected him to play like that, but that's why he's in this position, and I thought his debut was great. So he can hold his head up.
Speaker 1: By And the score is eighteen six.
Speaker 7: It's a series of three and that's still alive, so we'll be going after it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, the series is still alive. New South Wales one up at the moment as we turn our attention to Perth Game two, Game one Sunklobe Stadium for the Blues to win. There, what a start series. I don't think I've seen two happier New South Welshmen walking around Suncorb Stadium.
Speaker 4: Was it thought so important to win game one? This is a really special team building for New South Wales. The average age would probably be.
Speaker 1: Mid to late twenty twenty six or twenty seven.
Speaker 4: And a lot of these players have played together now a couple of series and.
Speaker 2: You know what they've seen both sides. So I've coached most of these blokes. We had a couple of good years, had some tough years, so they've gone through both. They've played when there's been injuries, played when we've had full teams as well, so they understand the importance of doing it for each other right now. And I think when they got this team lined up, I suppose outside Tom Treboivicu.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Whether he makes it or not, I don't know, but he's basically one of the only great players. I suppose they missed out, they realized this was a strong team and they played that way. I thought the way they responded to their teammates was awesome.
Speaker 3: We don't expect yourself well as to make any changes apart from one, and this is a force change. Mitch Barnette. This is so sad for him tearing his acl in the Warriors when the South sitting rabbit. O's just devastating for him. Who comes in to replace him.
Speaker 4: Well, Stefano was in the camp and by all accounts, if Pain was out, Stefano was going to go in. The other Roushan is Tourell May and that man on screen we saw before Keon kalal MCTANGI, who has gone from an edge playing back in the middle. I think i'd lean towards Kon. I think he looks fitter, he's playing big minutes. I think he'd be a good foil for pain Hess.
Speaker 3: Would you be tempted to Rell may Freddy?
Speaker 2: I think I'm with Keon of Kern's been there before. I think his forms as good as any front row in the game at the moment. I think when Stefano was put in for pain it was a like for like from a point of view of how physical they are both really big men. Stefano is a big man, very tall, and I think if they're going to replace Mitch Bunnett, who's a smaller bloke, more of an effort player, he ran a lot of decoys always in position as a support player, and I think that's something cool and could do, you know, just work around the middle and put in as big a minutes as he need. I think Mitch Bunette played over forty minutes, so he needs someone who can hold their own. From a physical point of view, It's not to say Terrell couldn't do it, but I think Keon's been tested, he fit, he looks good.
Speaker 4: He played one game under you and was very unselfish. Ye did was run at monster that night. He said, that's all I want you to do. He didn't do any of the fancy stuff. He did his job, no fanfare, no winging. He said, right, I'll do my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I gave a couns for sure.
Speaker 3: On what about Queensland? When you watch their game? You've have you gone back and rewatched? When you looked at did you how did you watch it? Did you look at one thing more closely than well?
Speaker 4: I had no go forward. Everything starts with a go forward with the middle of the field. Their forwards in particularly their middle forwards got bashed up. That's why there's a lot of talk about Corey Hallsborough coming in a little bit of fire and Brimstane. But this this pack for New South Wales and their middle pack, I got to say watching it again, Isaiaho needs to be applauded. The way he played, didn't play the Pendristyles pretty much rent all night.
Speaker 1: He was outstanding.
Speaker 4: There's got to be a change in the middle ford whether they bring hawsbur in, but our forwards smash them. If they haven't go forward. Harry can't do his stuff, and the Harps can't do their stuff. Hamasoon never got the ball. We know how dangerous he is, so something's got to happen with their middle forwards. I'd be putting Tom Didon in. I just think daily, what's daily thirty six. He's been a great player. Big call to drop your captain, but this is the must win.
Speaker 3: That's such a that is such a big call.
Speaker 1: When he came on, didn't made an impact.
Speaker 2: He made a massive impact, but he didn't start.
Speaker 1: He didn't start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were on the back foot not I thought the one thing with the forwards of Coueensland, they wanted to come in and they wanted to beat yourself was but I thought they went about it the wrong way, Like even from the first tackle, they didn't launch themselves. What they did was they got to the ground and got in and I thought it was a little bit. You know, they were going for headlocks. Three I think there was three penalties for you know headlocks or high had highs like head contacts they had to drop in the first ten minutes. I just saw the way they went about it. I just didn't think they didn't aime up. I just didn't think they were strong enough in the middle and the way they attacked I thought, which looked pretty good early, they sort of moved the ball a little bit. Whether that was through the fact is were dominating them in the middle, but it looked exciting and it just they couldn't keep that up. News so well as were conservative, we did very little.
Speaker 3: You've obviously been there before as an origin coach. How much to there's decisions where you've had a loss and you're having to look ahead to the next game and you're toying with that decision whether to change players. How much does that weigh on your mind?
Speaker 2: There needs to be a better player to come in, so there's no good worrying about thinking about making a change unless there's a better player to take his jersey.
Speaker 3: Do you think also the makeup of the bench. Having did and on the bench, that takes up you know, it takes up a bench spot, but also a player that might not necessarily be able to cover as many players as someone like when you look at yourself, Wow, as Connor Watson as well, I'm.
Speaker 4: Surprised Kurt Man didn't get a start on the bench. I think he's an idel Ford in an origin level, can play anywhere, can play on the harps, can play dummy half. I just think didn't it's his time. Daily has been a great player for Queensland. But as I said Aftergon, no one beats Father time, and I just think it's Tommy Diedon's time.
Speaker 2: There's no way to do it. I think Billy's a massive fan. It did and I remember when camp Munster. I think it was either during COVID or he got COVID and he pulled and he put didn straight in no hesitation and backed him the whole way and didn't and upscoreing a try. He was great.
Speaker 3: So what do you think? Do you think that they will Billy will keep dce in.
Speaker 2: I think he'll keep d C.
Speaker 3: Do you think that Billy will keep dc in. I know you're saying that you think that didn't It should be Didn's time. But do you think Billy will pull the trigger?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think he'll keep him because I think he was going to go another half back. I think like at the moment because Billy's conscious also about setting up a game and Didn's he hasn't been convincing as him been able to do that at club level, so whether it's a Foggety or someone else who could play that style.
Speaker 4: But I just think moving forward in three years time, you've just said, what's the spine for Queensland?
Speaker 1: Didn't be in there? Didn't be in there for sure?
Speaker 3: All right? Well, plenty to look forward to. Game two of State of Origin is of course right here on I's Widewater Sports coming up very shortly June eighteen in fact, and of course all exclusive, live and free from seven pm. We cannot wait for that one, and of course we'll bring you Freddy in the eighth from Perth as well. But it is time to dive into our maccas moments. We do have some of the cups out here on the desk at the moment, so there's a special New South Wales Macca's meal available right now. You can buy one and get one of these awesome cups as well, and if you buy three then you get three cups, so it's a win win situation. So each cup represents the magic moment from State of Origin. So let's talk about one in particular, nineteen ninety seven game two. So New South Wales had one game one in Brisbane and then Game two.
Speaker 1: I didn't play this one either. I think that I don't know why what injury I have Jimmy Kenny McGinnis and Jimmy Yes, Jimmy Lovestay Vigin.
Speaker 2: And Nick Kose. What a great player he was. It's talk about someone who got brought down by some injuries. Nick Kose was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Didn't he hit the ball hard?
Speaker 4: Maddie sing So when new So was up by a lot in this game and then they came back coins forteen Nils up and then Johnny Simon half that had a great field goal.
Speaker 1: That was a hard field goal on the wrong side.
Speaker 2: No time. Yes, looks like a fun team.
Speaker 1: I'm being told it was ten at halftime.
Speaker 2: I had a green operation, so I didn't play the whole series, so I was out.
Speaker 1: I think I missed the whole series too. I had an ankle an ankle reconstruction the last trial that year. Anyway, there you go.
Speaker 3: Well they claim the series. Game two who knows could be a good open for New South Wales. And don't forget heading to Macas to get your cups as well. Yes, there are six different ones to collect, so hurry in before it gets too late before state of origin is over. But speaking of state of origin, we know that that's a big battle. But what about this one. It's sunny Bill Williams up against Paul Gallon. We cannot wait for that one. That's going to be coming very soon on Stan.
Speaker 1: This is where it begins for twenty twenty five. This is our great game.
Speaker 6: This is Rugby lay Savvy drops it through the ball, mountains up week to.
Speaker 1: Lightly regard, make sure, adventurous.
Speaker 6: Pass, pitch the fuck something special?
Speaker 1: What about that? Nicknolson? Four weeks Brunston One's Peppinhousend. Here's a chase weeks.
Speaker 2: Over the time, why the famines.
Speaker 1: And get right c room service, crime again, crime is.
Speaker 7: Proof and turn ever rolling back Berilled in twenty points.
Speaker 5: It's straordinary Radley to Disco went to No One and Lassie who tip turned down?
Speaker 1: Henry gathers the sky a miracle time unstuf tie Kid comes why saving a codscreaches the sky comes down with that It's meant for the MC do this stuff, drink that in drink.
Speaker 3: Oh, so many highlights already. We are just halfway through the season, so so much more to look forward to. As well. But we're going to do a little bit of a mid season review, So who's hot, who's not. Who's been the biggest surprise for you so far this season is Joey starting.
Speaker 4: My biggest surprise has been the Raiders still have got three buys to go and they're locked into the top four.
Speaker 1: I love the way they play.
Speaker 4: They play a different style of everyone else. They've got young players and experienced players all over the park, and I just love the way they play. There know they're DNA, They're an example of their coach.
Speaker 1: They compete. I just love the way they play. They offload the ball, they're fast, they're young, and they're fearless.
Speaker 4: I think they can they'll go close to winning the camp. They'll be thereabouts. We've got to say that young hooker Owen Patty, is an absolute superstar of the future. He's an absolute superstar.
Speaker 3: We look at how green they're. Their spine was Ethan Sanders, Ethan Strange, Owen Patty Weeks.
Speaker 4: So in four to five years time, that will be the best spine of the competition. Well done to the Raiders. The way they've planned, why they've recruited, there's a plan, there's a plan for.
Speaker 1: What they're doing.
Speaker 3: So they're currently sitting second on the ladder at the moment. Do you see them as genuine Premier contenders? Sure can win the Grand Final.
Speaker 1: Fully fit for sure.
Speaker 2: Tarpan is such a good play reckon what they did against the Roosters. Yeah, rousters are playing good putting pressure on all of a sudden, they just turned it on. They's got the try off tackle one. And that's what they've got which a lot of other teams don't have, is they've got unbelievable speed three or four just blokes out out and out speeds the fullbacks. The electric Savage is electric.
Speaker 1: Is on the right side, the one winger they got from Saint George Laura Tamani. Holy smokes.
Speaker 3: No one can tackle honestly. Is you think about some of the games and some of the finishes that they've had this season as well. That's the thing. Absolutely, they're playing with zero fear and it doesn't get they don't get ahead of themselves or they don't get you know, you can see some teams, you know, put their heads down when they're trailing. It's like they've just got this constant belief.
Speaker 1: The only one who's got any fear is the Viking on the sideline tickling his ribs. Eric, the Viking, Eric, the Viking.
Speaker 3: We're going to get We're going to get him.
Speaker 2: You know what at the end of the level of yours suction cup things or leverage ribs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know whether we need to explain that one. It's just cupping, Freddie. What's your what's your biggest surprise so far?
Speaker 2: Well, mine's the team that is equal with the Raiders, and it's the Warriors. And the big thing about the Warriors is they've been renowned for years about just sometimes mentally gone a bit soft when the game's got tight. Every won six games this year by six points or less. And the little half back Loue Metcalf two years ago. He's pretty much injured for most of last year. He had a great season with Sean Johnson, and it just feels like he's taking responsibility. And you talk about Camber. These blokes are littered with young blokes. Hella Seima, the back rower play a tower with a center pompy like. All these blokes are all under twenty three, some of them eighteen nineteen years old. They are just weapons, weapons.
Speaker 3: Has he been a team that's really shocked you in a say, surprising is obviously poss Has there been a team that's really shocked you in there?
Speaker 1: The Broncos without a doubt when they lost the Grand Final. You see teams that lose the Grand Final they come back the next year and they win it. They u boats at Penrith a one in the early nineties, but I thought they'd win the comp last.
Speaker 4: Year without a shadow of a doubt. They're disappointing. Last year they sacked Kevy. This year they've been worse. With the stars started roster they've got, they have been really poor, really poor.
Speaker 2: So they won four of their first five. They're leading the comp.
Speaker 1: They beat their rest us by fifty in round one.
Speaker 2: They've got beat the week after by Canberra down. They won their next three and I think the only team they've beat since them was the Bulldogs. They flogged the Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: They are up by thirty at half times.
Speaker 2: That's try and the Bulldogs actually came over thirty Toway to it finished up just.
Speaker 3: Quickly as well. Bulldogs. Speaking of Bulldogs and you recruit lockey Galvin, he has been named on the extended bench. Do you think that we will see him actually take to the field and start, or from the bench.
Speaker 4: I think from the bench they've got him. Why wouldn't they playing just put him in there? I had to question what they're doing at the moment. They're doing everything so right, but I couldn't assume that he doesn't have to go and you know, test himself into reserve grade. There's spend a lot of money on this bloke, so I'm assuming that they've already considered him to be in their top seventeen. I spoke about the Raiders planning in two to three years time, Lucky Galvant five eight half back Mitch Woods. You know Mitch Woods, huge raps on him, a young half pack. I've seen bits and pieces without doubt and the sound how you know he mail, how he trains and how he prepares. He's two hundred game first grade half back, not me around. So once again, great.
Speaker 3: Planning, exciting times for the Bulldogs ahead. And just lastly, some other news that we've seen this week as well. The Kangaroo's job up for Grubs potentially with malmon Inger most likely heading to the Bears. Brad Fitler has been thrown around. Is that something that you'd love.
Speaker 2: Well at the moment, there's no job because if many it doesn't take the per job busy a strange job. So it's just through respect. I don't really considered it that much and no one spoke to me directly. But to go over and be part of a kangaroo tool that hasn't happened in twenty two years would be awesome. It's been credible. I think at the moment they've sold out evidence, they've sold out Leeds and they reckon they'll sell seventy or eighty thousand at Wembley. It'd be an amazing experience.
Speaker 4: Well, you've done your apprenticeship, that was the Prime Minister's thirteen.
Speaker 1: You've done that a couple of years. We've done Origin for what four years?
Speaker 2: Six years? Origin?
Speaker 1: Six years?
Speaker 2: Fucks quick man, Jeezu, you learn a lot now, I've got to say, you know, you learn more from losing, but jeez, you learn a lot along the way. But it is a it's an interesting time.
Speaker 1: It'd be exciting working with the best, best of the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wouldn't watching him come together. That was always the great thing about playing for Australia was knocking around with Gordon and Lockie and our our Langer or whoever it was, but people that you always played against constantly, but you just had these small, little, small little times where he come together and you know, you normally made really good friendships.
Speaker 1: Out of it.
Speaker 3: Is there something that you experienced in your time touring that you would love to implement if you were to take over as coach.
Speaker 2: We used to when I first went over in ninety ninety. What they used to do was get a couple of blokes together and you'd all gone by an old car and so it all hurt around an old car and at the end of the trip they do a smash up derby. But if we used to. I remember Brandy was driving and one of the players, I won't say it was his car was there and it was as we're driving in the car park, he was right in front of us. So we started to smash up derby early. Do it responsibly, kids, But I walked out to the front. We walked out the front of our car. Was this one of its vitron or something was called. It used to as soon as you turn on the rise and then looking at the front of a was Siro jumping on the roof of our car. Who must just walk past and look at that.
Speaker 1: Going on?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll certainly have to stay tuned for that one we're waiting to see as well. We might all head over at the end of the season support the kangaroos.
Speaker 2: The other thing we used to do was, but it was in France. We used to do a big menverse little men wrestle. It was in the middle of the forest. I remember Mal used to take on about ten of them, a little outfi. They're becoming male and becomes.
Speaker 1: Like it's just one of those keys in the bat the moment, little man. It was in a forest. In a forest, okay.
Speaker 2: We used to do an eight hour trip. You go from Paris down to the south of France on a bus and it was like something that they used to do every kangaroo tour.
Speaker 1: Do you have clothes? Yes, sounds someone sounds like my sort of trip.
Speaker 2: Big members.
Speaker 3: There you go, Big men, the little man normally as one in the forest. All right, we'll stick around. Plenty more stories coming up, and we will be looking at the best tries that we saw over the weekend and see who is leading Freddy's leaderboard.
Speaker 2: Corris out to Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Reynolds with a little kick.
Speaker 6: He thinks he's found his target.
Speaker 2: Addie, I think he has.
Speaker 7: Alex Johnston Andy scored.
Speaker 2: Yep, well done, young man.
Speaker 7: You'll remember a daboot and you'll remember scoring a try on daboot.
Speaker 3: All right, it is that time of the week we get to see Freddy's flyers. Who is leading at the moment? Who caught your eye? For I scorers?
Speaker 2: There's a few. There's a few, So who are going to run with first? Mostly the most bizarre try ever scored? And it's going to sit at the top for that reason. I've never seen anything like this. Actually, I watched it Oregon five times and laughed every single time. Daniel tupa most bizarre try ever. You're sitting just below Marky Mark beautiful bit of space up the outside beats the savage tackle, Ethan Strains comes across. Can I.
Speaker 3: Green light?
Speaker 2: Who's awesome?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So where does he sit now on the leaderboard?
Speaker 2: He is, He's sitting second because it's one of the most bizarre. It's possibly the most bizarre trie I've ever seen. All right, next up, all right, I've got the Raiders in the same game. Tackle one.
Speaker 1: This is crucial.
Speaker 2: So the game was nip and huck for quite a while towards the end. Okay, we talked about that electric speed. You've got to remember, these conditions were very wet. The ground was wet, and he just got outside Billy Smith and there's Ethan Strange. Police supports it both ends. He tried to get too at the other end, and he scored the try this end, so Ethan Strange.
Speaker 1: So we saw a bizarre try and now we're seeing a strange try like that.
Speaker 2: Pretty good. You're going to go above the last chance saloon. Okay, so you're going above you?
Speaker 3: So who drops out? Then?
Speaker 2: No, I've just made room on the board. And of course, heck we have a try scoring episode without talking about the man himself, Alex Johnson, What a legend. The first was an intercept. I love intercepts. You just see he just placed himself perfectly, and then Latrell just stepped I don't.
Speaker 1: Thought about that pass. Wow, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That was freaky, like how like you know whether Latroll meant to pass it there, but he did.
Speaker 1: It's premeditated.
Speaker 2: That was awesome, and so it took him to two hundred he's well and truly over. Billy Slatter now was one hundred and ninety and Ken Irvine the great Ken Irv and he's on two hundred and twelve, so he's got thirty more tries to become the greatest try scorer of all time. In a game local junior, Local junior. Yeah, coast to coast, Cornoli, you're gone, is going to get taken out.
Speaker 3: No one below, No, it is just okay, you go. You're ruthless, all right, Well it's that time to dive into Harrow. A crack moment thanks to sports. But I saw a number of good efforts over the weekend, but we couldn't go past this one. The West Tigers. It was a near comeback.
Speaker 1: It looks so hard to tackle staff a toy a tear away.
Speaker 4: I thought they're going to win and then late it was a half break and it passes on the inside to Arpi pus out and it was a tough one. Arp he drops it. I think if he takes out, they win the game. Big tests this week against Penrith, We're going to see where they are the Tigers' Penrith. They're playing that tough, grinding style.
Speaker 2: We'll see they attack. I wish Newcastle Knights watched them. They're just attack hole constantly, always good hand.
Speaker 3: Just as well. There you go. All right, it is time to get a market update. Let's check in with our friends over at Sportsford.
Speaker 5: Much to celebrate this week. Lots of milestones. It's raining milestones. Josh Papa Le becomes the most capped raider of all time, Adam Reynolds joins the three hundred club, and all these faces you see here also celebrating their own milestones. Enterl weekly Hub. That's the way to get involved. Any four to score, can't wait for this round?
Speaker 1: Imagine what you could be buying instead for free and confidential support called the number on the screen of visit the website.
Speaker 3: Well here we go. A big round of enerl action about to get underway this week. A couple of really good matchups of course, around I kicks off Thursday Night Footy the Nights up against the Seagulls. That one at McDonald Jones Stadium been interesting as well. The forecast for this one, I think it's going to be a bit wet and windy, while the windy conditions at Newcastle.
Speaker 4: So worry with the Newcastle they've got a lot of injuries in particularly their middle forwards. No Jacobs, Thoti, no Adam Elliot Thompson now for fores, but also their left edge. They go forward of Greg Marju and Bradman Best who get the sets rolling.
Speaker 1: Caln ponger back. Let your sharp to five eight, Jack Cogan to halfback. But I don't see it. Last three games at home they've been pretty much tailed up.
Speaker 3: You're making me question my weather checking capabilities.
Speaker 2: Making sure the weather's good. Now the weather's good.
Speaker 3: Maybe I checked for Wednesday rather than thirsday.
Speaker 2: It rains today and then pretty much we're dry for another week.
Speaker 1: Thursday it's dry.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, So yes, the weather warning is for today.
Speaker 1: You're on today's show. You don't even get the.
Speaker 3: Weather tam listen to no Tomorrow's Yes, tomorrow is Thursday. There's a strong wind warning suddenly twenty to thirty knots decreasing to fifteen to twenty five notes chance of showers.
Speaker 2: What one mill to say? One mill?
Speaker 3: Thursday night chance of a thunderstorm?
Speaker 6: Does that?
Speaker 1: Raining enough doesn't really pull that much of a crowd in Newcastle? I'm getting under my Jesus might be a small crow.
Speaker 3: There it is. Here's the weather that Oh Joey, joey, can we get you to do?
Speaker 4: Look a look at weatherf Hobart, some perse isolated city in the world twenty one degrees, look up North our friends in Darwin thirty two and very humid like Freddy's underpants.
Speaker 3: And what's your throwback to the news presenter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how is that? Pete? Enjoy your weekend, Pete.
Speaker 3: You've got a career after the footy.
Speaker 2: Thursday less than a mil Newcastle? What happ are you on the only app?
Speaker 1: So? Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Mainly I thought mainly were fantastic last week. A couple of statements. Obviously, I thought Cherry Evans was awesome. Lehi Hoppawardi a strong at first out of six he ran through the middle of the Broncos pack like that was a sign he was great. So I think manly.
Speaker 3: Manly Okay, Dolphins Dragons Friday night footage.
Speaker 1: I like Dolphins, but I got to say, one team who's on the app is the Saint George Illawarra Dragons.
Speaker 4: Those young Fords coming through the couch between's younger Bigan. He's on his knee, young fellow Stuart Lamish Junior and the five eight King Tongya and then the young guy Pacific Paacific. I have tong tongue here, the young tear away Ford. My gosh, what a machine.
Speaker 2: He's a big man.
Speaker 1: I'm going Dolphins coming off the by. There'll be nothing in this one.
Speaker 2: Well, Jeremy Marshall King on the extended bench and Max Plath on the extended bench. So if you look at their team, then nearly back to full squad when if you put them into the side. So once again they're one of those sides of dolphins that on their day they can be great. Well, they beat Kenney by forty. They put forty on them.
Speaker 3: So Sunday afternoon, I've been looking forward to this one all week. As soon as we wrapped up at Combating Stadium last Sunday, all attention turns to this one, Tigers v.
Speaker 1: Panthers, and you got husband and wife against each other. Jerome Lewi and Nathan Cleary might be daddy, you reckon and where I'm going with big test for the Tigers.
Speaker 4: We got the attacking, the attacking ad lib style of Tigers up against the control and the grinding nature of Penrith. We're going to see what's what what Tigers have got? Penrith give you nothing. They gave Paramounta nothing.
Speaker 2: So now Papali is available and Ghana are both available as well, so the Penrith team can It will be more depth at the moment something I lack him for a while, but I think this would be a great game.
Speaker 4: And Charlie Staines made his debot and he's got four tried and then he got lockjaw.
Speaker 2: That's right, he did too.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see Charlie get lockjaw again against Penrith, plainting his mummy and daddy. Let's just leave that.
Speaker 3: Let's leave that one stick around. We're going to take a short Welcome to the beneaf of brain cancer around a time when the rugby league community joins forces to fight brain cancer.
Speaker 6: I always loved playing the Markus Foundation around them. Cancer is such a big killer and it can break so many families apart, break so many families apart.
Speaker 4: I feel like on this weekend the rugby league community is one puts a hand up and says hey, we want to help.
Speaker 6: For us to go to raise a bit of awareness, raise some cash and try and help find a cure, and it's cool for us to play a little part and in such a big issue.
Speaker 1: I look forward to supporting and being around it.
Speaker 5: Great to see the way all the players in the game get behind such a worthwhile.
Speaker 3: Cause already is such an important cause, one that we all love getting behind in the Rugby league community. Round seventeen is bean for Brain Cancer around but they are on sale at the moment. We had them on the desk for Fred in the eighth last week with Danny Badia as he had someone. There's a beautiful purple one, a beautiful gray one as well, so they are available right now. Go out by your beanie and support the mark Us Foundation. We love it here and we love doing everything we can. You can buy them in store as well, i GA stores and.
Speaker 4: Mark He won't stop on this till he finds a cure for brain cancer, so it means everything to him and we'll under all the volunteers to get out and help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is something special when you see the whole Rogue Leaue community getting together to support something that.
Speaker 2: Just watching them, we're beanies. Good to that round. Everyone's got a beanie on. That's a statement. And the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know exactly what one are we getting. I'll be buying the gray one.
Speaker 2: I love that one.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thanks for joining us here on Freddy in the eighth this weekend. We hope you enjoy the footy over the weekend and we'll catch you again next week.
Speaker 2: This has been another presentation from nine wide World of Sports.