Speaker 1: Thank you, welcome to as over night and now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 2: Australia's quiet. The night rolls on, voices echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 3: Through the dark.
Speaker 2: There's a guiding line. Three A w keeps as close tonight overnight, shard.
Speaker 4: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 5: Everywhere, from city.
Speaker 4: Streets to the outbacks. Guys Australia trees a station.
Speaker 3: Fly day any wherever you are right across Australia. We'll get to your calls. Come and join us. One double three sixty nine three. Nathan Kosher will be here hours. This saucy.
Speaker 2: City wakes Hard goes now.
Speaker 5: Sony's voice like a.
Speaker 2: Friendly brings the country close across the.
Speaker 4: Slam Oh no, shared stories, laughter everywhere. If you would like to be.
Speaker 3: Part of it, and you know you want to, you know you want to One double three six nine three for six PR listeners, Hello to you one double three eight to eighty two, which is your normal talk back number.
Speaker 4: Hello soffree.
Speaker 2: City wakes Hard goes.
Speaker 3: Now to his voice like a.
Speaker 2: Friendly hand, brings the country close across.
Speaker 3: This land over night on be part of this wonderful three six nine three Anthony Robin mcmanison that Tony mcnostavy company, wherever you are right across as Australia for Australia Overnights, the Airways, lets us here, requests you request the baby, you don't have to play hope you do yours.
Speaker 5: Into Shore Ray and you seem lack of friend to me.
Speaker 3: I'm still sure that's not the original version. I'd like to find it. It sounds like an overproduced, over harmonized version of the Great Pilot of the Airwaves.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's just the fact that your memory isn't what.
Speaker 3: It used to. Is that as well? Don't laugh? Nice to see Nathan Gosh.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning to you, Tony morning, day morning. Everyone wheels down, wheels down, chucks in and breaks a set.
Speaker 3: We've got our little bottles of water side by side, and I've gone off the fruit and nut.
Speaker 6: I just sort of chare with you know, so too much fiber barney banana, bunny banana.
Speaker 3: That was he only because it's it's quicker and easier to eat during the cereal. Yeah, and some of the listeners said, you know, some of that fruit really good, but it's just a lot of sugar.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 6: It's intense because all the water's removed from the fruit, but all the sugar's still there.
Speaker 3: I love the apple and I love those. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know what's my favorite? Dried mango?
Speaker 3: Ohwards, gorgeous.
Speaker 6: It in Cans. There's a gentleman up at Rusty's Market in Cans and he drives his own and costs a fortune, but all it is is dried mango and a little bit of lime juice to stop it from going black. And you can just eat it and eat it and eat it, and you know about it the next day. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: He does the job a Rusty's. Rusty's Market, bet I remember it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, it's a big, big fresh food all the produce, fresh produce market up in Cans. Sadly we don't overnight there anymore, so I haven't been able to head down. But you just look at all the tropical fruits and vegetables and things up there. It's just fantastic.
Speaker 3: For those that don't know, and I'm sure most do, but if you're just tuning in, perhaps for the first time in a long time. Nathan Kosh is a Quantus pilot, so we've got a fair bit to talk about. We'll talk about some of those zero planes that we're doing the job over the last couple of days. So we'll get to that in just a moment. But he's also a highly regarded vet. Now we don't want to waste time in terms of just not What I'm trying to say is jump on board nice and early because time will be limited. I don't know what if that means.
Speaker 6: That's right, it's a limited offer. It's a limit that's only you know, first one million, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, ring the first one million to call you will be part of it. One double three six nine three. I'm just looking at the executive producer from the previous program here on three aw yes, you know about the person who.
Speaker 6: Must speak there is There is only one. There could only ever be one, Simon Owen.
Speaker 3: Simon Owen is doing an extraordinary job next door. But here in the studio two from where we operate is the one and only J. So when you ring through, it's Jay's the first voice you will hear. Yes. And so when you ring through one double three six nine three, or for perthless is one double three eight to eighty two, You ring through and chills say hello, can I help you?
Speaker 6: Three A w isn't that, But isn't the first voice you hear going to be I'm sorry your call could not be connected.
Speaker 3: Don't laugh, just to just pretend to do so. Let's pretend that we are calls to the program again, Jay, just so people feel confident in your voice. Three O W. What's your name? It's too direct, too direct?
Speaker 6: You know, you can't just walk up to someone and say what's your name?
Speaker 3: It needs to be a little warmer, a little more familiar. Hello, because these people think they know you, and they probably do. Hello. That's that's spare Hello, I'm J from three A W. That's right. Hello, it's J speaking speaking.
Speaker 6: How may I help you?
Speaker 3: That's right? Would you like to talk to Tony and Kasey? Yes? Right, No you don't, that's you. This sort of stuff works so well in rehearsal. Let's take a couple of calls. Nathan Cosh is here one double three sixty nine three for our listeners via the ACE Radio Network. You can be part of it as well. We have a whole of fun for at least a couple of hours and enjoy each other's company. Whi's really what it's all about? One double three six nine three ACE Radio Network five Double A in Adelaide. Hello, Maddie's pulled a pin for his nighttime program over there, So Maddie, thank you for everything you do at five Double A in Adelaide. Had a great team at six PR in Perth, one double three eight eighty two. Let's go, Jimmy Morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Tony, Nathan and Jay first of Paul good More have good morning and happy birthday to Kira for her birthday this morning.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, and many happy returns Caira.
Speaker 8: And she's a regular call out. And knowpe Nathan's herder, You're furder. She's called you several times.
Speaker 6: And if you stick around, Jim, you might even hear her in a very short.
Speaker 3: While, the great Kira having a birthday.
Speaker 8: I'm sure she will be on because she said she would. But I was telling Tony last night about the unbelievable story of the kitten that got The owners were looking for was having a nap in the washing machine. They had clothes in it, and they put it through the watch type six months old Persian type walking kitten, and the vets that treated us said it was like a miracle and they had more than mine lives.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's it's always I didn't but it always reminds me. You know, in the Warner Brothers cartoons, there's there's the cat, and when they opened the washing machine door, it sort of floats out like a big, a big fluff ball. But yes, it is a very lucky kitten. I presume it. Well, a front loader washer doesn't have all that much water, so it might have survived that. If it was a top loader, I think it would have been drowned because of course they filled right up. But yeah, you do hear stories like that from time to time. And there was a story back from World War two days of a cat that jumped into when they were creating up one of the fighter aircraft and they used to coat them in an oil so when they shipped them across to Europe that they didn't corrode on their way across the sea. And this cat happened to be going for a snooze in the crate and got locked up in the crate. And then when they opened the crate in the UK, presumably out hopped this cat and it had survived by licking the oil that was covering the aircraft or covering the engine, so that it wouldn't it wouldn't corode, and that's what kept it going for however, many months it was locked up while they shipped the aircraft across to Europe.
Speaker 3: Great story, Gym. Always good to chat. Thank you, Tiffy.
Speaker 1: Morning morning darling, Maki Kashi Australia JJ and and.
Speaker 9: Happy birthday, Caira.
Speaker 3: Yes, have your birthday, Kira.
Speaker 1: Yes, a little update of my darling puppy. He's sleeping all the time as usual. He growses with his food all day because you know, he's he's old and he's an old bag.
Speaker 6: And oh well, I graze all day to Tiffy, I think that's half of my problem.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: No, no, well he doesn't have any he doesn't really have any teeth anymore.
Speaker 6: Oh that's more like Tony than me.
Speaker 10: But yes, but he just sleeps.
Speaker 1: He just sleeps and wakes up, goes the loo grazer sleeps like because all that. But today is a week until he turns eleven next week on the first of July.
Speaker 6: There you go, a very good innings.
Speaker 3: You've looked after him well over the years.
Speaker 1: He's like two krelos and I never thought he'd live as long as this. Because Darling said, the boy who I missed like hell, he died at six.
Speaker 3: Yes, yep, no, your frattle.
Speaker 11: Boys still going to eleven nearly.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a bit like us, isn't it. You know, some people sadly pass very early and some people live to one hundred. So he's got good genes plus a good upbringing, and so you've you've done the right thing, and he's still hanging in there. And next week we can celebrate his eleventh birthday.
Speaker 12: We will.
Speaker 3: Indeed, you're on you two if you always good to have you on the program. Thank you for being part of it. If you'd like to join us, you can do that as well. One double three six nine three, text line zero four double seven six nine three six nine three and emails overnights at three aw dot com dot au. Great friend of this program, great friend of sensis program. Wonderful friend over many years of three aw is and she's only thirty eight today. Happy birthday, Kira, Hello Tony, Hello.
Speaker 6: Nathan, Happy birthday, Kira.
Speaker 3: Were well, Thank you and many happy returns, Caira, many happy returns to you.
Speaker 13: Thank you, thank you, Tony. I wish I was thirty eight sixty six today and Tony. Remember I've been telling you I've got some good news.
Speaker 3: You do now just remind us for those right across Australia.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I will. You know as your everybody all over strain nose, I've got cancer, very bad and everything. I went today for Keny, mate.
Speaker 3: And what did I say at the.
Speaker 13: Moment, Tony walking on suntine on quiet ninth, I am now back in remission.
Speaker 6: Fantastic.
Speaker 14: Wow, that's great.
Speaker 13: As the moment back in remission, you know, fabulous. And that's the best sixty six birthday news I've heard. Also, Tony, I'm going to be a great grandmother for the second time. And I'm going to be a manner again. So this will be number eighteen again. I would have would have been nineteen, but one passed away.
Speaker 6: Oh dear, we've been very busy.
Speaker 3: Kira. What an amazing family.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, they're all growing up, all me kids who love me, Me seven and eighteen Grant, Oh well will they again? They all love me? You know what I'm thinking, I am changing my name. I go to birthday some marriages on Wednesday or Thursday and we see Karra, Molwana Gale. They're gonna be special Kira Molwana, Gail.
Speaker 3: It'll be special special, that's very special.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it is nicing to me.
Speaker 3: Good. Yeah, Well, Cora, we're thrilled to We're thrilled to commemorate your beautiful birthday today. What have you got planned for today?
Speaker 13: What if I was not planning today? Well, I'm going to like it. I'm with it on a walk or it's stick. You know, there's about twelve of them. They're all going to take me to Winbrick, you know, hotel there for lunch and you know I just have one sting.
Speaker 3: So which hotel? The Limerick?
Speaker 13: Yes, when we cotel?
Speaker 6: Yeah, said in South Melbourne?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no lime Wook not memory.
Speaker 3: I was going to say Liberal coach. Yes, right, the Liberal coachl.
Speaker 13: Where I live? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And what time are we meeting? Caira?
Speaker 13: Twelve thirty?
Speaker 3: All right, well I'll be there around about twenty five past.
Speaker 15: Yes, that's all.
Speaker 3: We have a couple of old supply the love and the food and I'll supply the grog and the mood.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that'll be nice. And as singing.
Speaker 3: Right, we'll do a bit of singing, we'll do a bit of dancing. That will do a bit more singing. Then we'll do a bit more dancing. Then we might do a bit of kissing.
Speaker 13: I like to dance. Tony, are really a good dancer?
Speaker 3: Well I know you're a very good dancer. My spies tell me a very very good dancer.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, yeah I am, Yeah, I am a good baker. Them going to countdown. You know I couldn't go to the Titanic today, turn out to go to.
Speaker 3: PREDI McCollum, that's more important.
Speaker 13: That was sad, but doesn't matter. And then tomorrow night, my seventeen grandchildren and my three kids two girls, one boy, and my parents at ninety three ninety four are coming down from Mafra for a very special.
Speaker 16: Tea for me.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you've got a fair bit going on, Kira. Enjoy this beautiful celebration on this your thirty eighthder and have a fantastic time.
Speaker 13: Could you play me as Kim the same before? Thank you everyone for wishing me happy birthday. If you could, please, Tony, I'd really appleciate it. Please off if you could play me on this Bursten you know, let the Midnight Special shine a light on me.
Speaker 3: The Midnight Special which version sing Whole life?
Speaker 13: No jeez, I'm getting old now.
Speaker 3: So Who's who sang the Who? Which version did you want of that song?
Speaker 13: Since the Midnight special, they're shine a light on me?
Speaker 3: What from Creden's clear Water Revival? Yes, boy, we'll see we can do that a bit later on. Keep listening. You look after yourself, Kira, and there's a great news that you're on the men, hopefully on the men, God willing.
Speaker 6: And how lovely Kira's parents, her generation and.
Speaker 3: Great good say that's what five jeans.
Speaker 6: Five generations. I'll say, that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: And wonderful to be together.
Speaker 17: Lenny morning, Good morning, Tony Nathan. I was going to look air craft, but after listening to Cora really goes with her birthday and everything, and I wish you were a very.
Speaker 14: Happy birthday, Cora. I hope you have a great time. I think what if the Saint coulda football because I know you followed Saint Kilda, or if they get them two to do the pre match address like one.
Speaker 3: Of the mons.
Speaker 7: A great idea.
Speaker 3: That's good. Sorry, I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 14: I'm saying mccrue's mum got up there and everyone is expecting Craig mccrad do the pre match address and cruise. Mum got up there and she fired him up. And I'll tell you what this woman, I know how long she's been battling this cancer. She's a fighter and I think she'd be the perfect person who will do a pre match address to the same football club.
Speaker 6: Well, someone's got to do something to fire them up. They're not doing much firing at the minute, that's for surely. Whatever it takes, what I got to try something out of the square. I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: It's a very good suggestion, and thank you for making it. One double three six nine three your calls. Come and join us the other side. By the way, if you happen to have a sick pet, well, the great Nathan cautious here. If there's a little puppy or a cat, one of your much loved animals at home that needs a bit of help, support and tender loving care, now would be a really good time you'll jump on board one double three six nine three. You just said off here to me, I reckon whoever it was, But you can't finish that sentence.
Speaker 6: Now, No, that's not what I said at all.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 6: No, I was just going to pass a comment about your microphone, because now instead of hanging down, you are now No, what's the word I can use.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like we've got a twist my head around.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think they're gonna have to hang a chair upside down from the ceiling so that it works properly.
Speaker 3: Well, it is, and it just feels like a It's one of those things we'll get used to, but it's in a slightly different position. So after forty five.
Speaker 6: Years, Yes, all of a sudden you have to change.
Speaker 3: Somebody thought of doing it.
Speaker 6: Yes, really.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so I'll get used to it. But it feels really really odd. It feels as if I'm talking down to the down to the table instead of across to the audience.
Speaker 6: Yes, they do need to stick a phone, but we don't have them anymore. Do we wake a phone book underneath it to raise it a little bit?
Speaker 3: Well I would, but it stuck. Yes, it's a bit weird. Anyway, we'll get used to it. Keith the Painesville good morning.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Johnnie, I promise I want to pissed you.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. It's good now. I don't know whether you know Nathan Kosh do you Keith.
Speaker 16: Hello, Keith, Look you know what Nathan, I did speak to you because my son passed away a few months ago and I inherited.
Speaker 7: His yes, helpie, Yes, yes, he gave me.
Speaker 16: Some advice, but unfortunately we had to put him down week sorry. Yeah, and he was riddled with arthritis. Yes, and he went in the back legs and he couldn't get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not no, no miss all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it looks just a beautiful dog.
Speaker 16: Yeah, chest was he was the link with yes.
Speaker 6: Of course, but you know, unfortunately we have to look after the dog's interest and if it reached a point where he can't keep going, you know, you made the hardest decision, but the right decision, of course it is. So it's another another blow.
Speaker 16: And of course, well great bread, Greg did the Greg Evans did the eulogy from us and any rate Tonys back to ing today at length? Is he's going to.
Speaker 18: He's like you, guys, really he wants to talk.
Speaker 16: To me and so he's going to give you a call. You would like to have a jack you worked at Did you work at a k or somewhere with him?
Speaker 3: Did you work for a little bit at the old Free a k with John Blackman back in those days. But it's going back to where for a little bit of time he's.
Speaker 16: Great, honey, and and he's actually he goes away and with the time they got all yeah. But anyway, he's going to ring you. And he said, Keith, he call you're my ambassador.
Speaker 3: You know, that's very that's very kind.
Speaker 16: You've been close friends for a long time. And he's excited. So he's going to give you a ring. And he said, if he wants to have a chat on radio about the old days, I'm more than happy.
Speaker 3: He's a good man. Keith, thank you for passing that to missus. John.
Speaker 16: By the way, he told me you're a great lag too.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: He doesn't know you very well.
Speaker 3: He might be he might be getting mixed up with another McManus, Rove. He probably he probably thought you were talking about Rove. All right, Good on, good on, Keithy.
Speaker 6: Thanks thanks Keith.
Speaker 3: In that lovely when you think about those times, we talk about the program Yesterday's Amazing Times in Melbourne or three x y and the great lineup that they had. Many of the audience grew up listening into the seventies and seventies was such an amazing time for the concerts and the sort of incredible things that they were doing, of which Greg was such an important part.
Speaker 6: He was and of course a whole generation knew him as the host of Perfect Match.
Speaker 3: Did your mate Lee Simon worked at DA x y two.
Speaker 6: He did, He was on air and by the time I got to know Lee, he was the program director at Triple M, and from program director he went to be the head of sport there because of course Triple M long time football is he did and retired from their only fairly recently, really, and we catch up every now and again. Absolutely lovely guy and gave me a start. I had no clue about anything, and just because I'd organized all week long story, but one of our aircraft that we had at the flying school where I was had radios and things all decked out, and Lee was prepared to give me a go as the traffic reporter, and you know the rest is history. A really lovely guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very much so. The Survivor's lunch that I went to on Saturday in Hotels Beautiful is great gathering and so many people, some of whom you would know, many of which you may not know, but they said, how lovely it is when you're on the program with me for a couple of hours during the week.
Speaker 6: That's very kind of people to say. I mean, I love being here. It's worth getting up in the middle of the night to come and have a chat with everybody and with you.
Speaker 3: So it's the middle of the.
Speaker 6: Night for you, but for me it's early morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. My middle of the night is about eleven thirty. Just brided lunch st Justin speaking of elite athletes. Are you familiar with Justin's work? Indeed? Justin?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: How are we we?
Speaker 19: Well, yeah, just quickly, I'm just going to make the short and sleep.
Speaker 4: Do that.
Speaker 7: The airplane that was ina that what sort of dreamline was that?
Speaker 6: As a seven eight to seven eight hundred.
Speaker 20: And is that equivalent to the Quantus Streamliner or not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Look, it's the most common version of them, and they've been flying around for ten years without any issue, and so now it's now so again till now Yeah, So there's certainly I believe they've recovered the data recorders and they've recovered the voice recorder, and they're starting to put the pieces together. But there's certainly been lots of speculation and lots of theories, but hopefully we'll have at least a preliminary report as to what happened. Of course, not only is it important for those involved and for the poor families involved and all the people at Air India and Boeing and everyone else who's been affected by it, but they need to confirm whether or not there's any sort of systemic issue with the aircraft. I suspect that there isn't. And then and you know, once they know exactly what it is, then they'll know if they need to do any inspections or checks or whatever with the other the rest of the fleet that's flowing around the world. But it's got many, many millions of miles of safe aviation. So yeah, there's a few things there that don't quite add up, but hopefully we'll get some answers pretty soon.
Speaker 3: And so those answers obviously will be forthcoming in the fullness of time, as I used to say, and that becomes important. It's part of the process we go through in a dreadful situation like this.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Look, when it comes to investigations.
Speaker 3: There are three parts to it.
Speaker 6: There's the what happened. Obviously, we need to know what happened. Then we have a look at why did it happen, and let's say, if it turns out to be I'm only speculating, I'm not saying, but let's say it's human related, then they dig a bit deeper and say, well, why they look at their rosters, they look at their training, they look at everything, and you know where they set up because they had inadequate training, or because they've been working so many hours that they were fatigued and might have made a mistake, all that type of thing. With the main aim of all of this is to work out why and so we can stop it from happening again. So, you know, we really need to just make sure that there isn't something that is preventable in the future, and if there is, then there might be either just information put out there, there might be if it turns out to be something mechanical or electronic, then they'll inspect all of the rest of the fleet. So we just need to make sure that it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that feedback. I think most of us were intrigued just in the last forty eight hours with his b two bomber I was certainly not Formidia. I'm sure people in aviation were definitely familiar. But what an intriguing piece of equipment. Just quite an extraordinary looking thing. What do you know about it that we don't know?
Speaker 6: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course to sec but what an extraordinary looking thing it is. Would those, to the best of your knowledge, those pilotle pilots presumably flying that doing that SORTI was really some hours? Yeah, they wouldn't have been having a break? Well how would that be managed?
Speaker 6: No? Would they would do like we do on longer flights that you can do what's called controlled rest, and that is you just sit in the seat, you can close your eyes for a little while.
Speaker 3: You just tell the other pilot.
Speaker 6: That you'd like to have a little bit of a ziz, turn the radios down so you don't get the noise. And then the aim is you only do it for a short period twenty or thirty minutes, because if you let yourself go for longer, you get into the deeper part of the sleep cycle, and then when you wake up you get what's called sleep inertia. So you're a little bit out of it for a while, but if you do that twenty or thirty minute little nap, that's just enough for a recharge and to keep them going. And obviously it was a very long mission, so they have to manage their workload and manage their fatigue because they would have had midia refueling to go all that way.
Speaker 3: And presumably at that level then, Nathan, those people are trained within a centime.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. You know, I don't know any of those involved in anything like that, but I was fortunate enough at the Avalon Air Show this year to be talking to some of the people who had come out from the States with the Raptor and all the other aircraft that they had, and what an amazing bunch of people, plus some of our RWAF people as well, extraordinary bunch of people, and quite a number of them that retire out of the Air Force and up in the airlines. And I certainly work with some of those. Yeah, very well trained and just incredible people, and they do an amazing job, and they're very well aware of the consequences of their actions, so very very responsible people.
Speaker 3: Murray's in mentone, Kevin join us, Murray, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Nathan, is there. Chris Noon's still flying with Quata.
Speaker 6: There is indeed, oh God Newnham Nenham.
Speaker 21: Yes, yes, many years ago I was on a flight because I went to school with him, and I was invited up to the cockpit, yes, which you can't do now. And I actually landed at Tullermarine in the cockpit, which was absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Yes, we used to be able to do that.
Speaker 6: I was fortunate enough back in the days before September eleven to do the same. And I think one of the really sad things, and we talk about this all the time, is that the youngsters don't get the opportunity to do that and maybe have a look and say, hey, I'd love to do what you guys are doing.
Speaker 3: So it is.
Speaker 6: It's a real tragedy what happened after September eleven, of course for many, many reasons. But yeah, Chris is still going. In fact, I waved at him about two days ago. He was about to do a walk around of an aircraft and I saw him there. So yeah, which was the paint company that keeps on keeping on? That's no, that was the other one.
Speaker 3: We don't talk about it. Yeah, which one was? That's a very good question.
Speaker 6: Was it Burger Paints with John Mellion who used to do the ads. I think keep on keeping on. But yeah, Chris, he had an incredible medical story and was within seconds of losing his life. And the fact that he happened to be in hospital when it happened. They shot him up to surgery and saved his life and his back flying again. So incredible story. He is a lovely guy, very very experienced, and yes I will next time I see him, I will pass on your regards.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Are you're welcome?
Speaker 3: Mark, Good on you, Murray, Thank you for the calls, plenty of calls. Wedding. We'll get to it in just a moment. David and Karen will come to you next one double three six nine three if you'd like to be part of it, one double three six nine three. Keep the text coming. There's an interesting one from a Phil. I've got your message there, Phil, Thank you. Out of the comfort zone, says Maggie. Well, not really, just a different different style of microphone. So we will come to Yes, we'll come to.
Speaker 6: You'll come to grips with it.
Speaker 3: I'll come to grips with it. Well, that's right, Karen pets my blue tongues. Blue tongue. We've spoken to about blue tongue lizards in the past.
Speaker 6: I don't believe we have.
Speaker 3: How have they now in hibernation? I wish I could be yes, thank you. Don't quite understand that, Tony. Could you take the birthday girl for a whirl or a waltz in the rain? Lots of texts coming through, keep them coming one, double, three, six nine three. So I've lowered the seat feel so I'm now sitting down. Stop loving. I'm now sitting down on the floor. So I'm doing my best Mike Schulberger, Hello.
Speaker 6: And welcome to a Cararen a fair and because they haven't changed my microphone, I'm towering.
Speaker 3: You're terring, actually tearing above you. You've got to if you can have a look onlines, very very funny. I'm sitting down.
Speaker 6: Just well, they won't be able to because the camera is probably pointed right.
Speaker 3: I feel like I mean kidder got sitting on one of those little chairs at.
Speaker 6: Kidney Good Morning class, Karen, good morning, Hello, Hi Karen, Hi Ken.
Speaker 22: I watched a couple of days ago movie on TV and it's crazy aviation engineer and has died previously, and it's course light plans.
Speaker 3: Have you seen all lot flight plan?
Speaker 22: And just quickly it's just a better aviation engineering flunking GM to America's dead body on the boarders to do it.
Speaker 6: It's also had a oh I vaguely I think you have vaguely seen bits and pieces that lasted a couple of minutes. And then I had a choice. I was either going to put my foot through the television or change the channel. So I went with the latter.
Speaker 3: We should do a segment. You and I should do a segment. Times you'd like to put your foot through the TV? Yes? How many times we said that?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Times you would like to put your foot through the TV? Yes.
Speaker 6: So unfortunately, Karen, I mean so many of the aviation movies and things are Yeah. For those of us that are in the caper, it just you think no, not not not not, and then they become annoying.
Speaker 3: But was it a good story? Yeah, well that's the question. I suppose was it a good story? Karen?
Speaker 22: I can only watch it because it's I was really getting bad and I did my tend on the basic rest up in the cargo hole. Yes, she was putting it all all intell and in the plan.
Speaker 3: Karen'll got some really bad line there, Karen, you'll have to give us for that happens to your telephone. It's a really bad light in the cargo hall.
Speaker 6: Yes, you can't. You can't get into the cargo holds anyway from from the flight Dick. You can get into the in the bigger ones, they can get into the electronics area, but you can't just wander into the cargo holds. So that, amongst many things, is what yeah what as a as a friend of mine who loves to mix his metaphor says, that really gets up my goat.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, Thank you, David mount Waverly Morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hey Davis.
Speaker 3: That was a Darwin was great.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 6: I was in Darwin last week too for a day. Oh my god. The weather, oh spectacular, fabulous.
Speaker 23: Twenty two on both days, on the Saturday and the Sunday.
Speaker 7: Magnimment. Yes, that's not what I rang for.
Speaker 6: That's not why I rang.
Speaker 3: It's not why I rang.
Speaker 23: Yes, I don't mean much. I was just reading a news article from the New York Times and they were saying that the guys had a.
Speaker 7: Toilet, a micro wave.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, they'd have to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you'd have to have a little bit of some facilities there because it's a very long way. So yeah, certainly they have the basics, a bit of a galley that have a coffee maker, I would presume, yeah, and a bed.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you really have a snooze.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well it doesn't look as though there's much room in the thing, but I presume that.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go.
Speaker 6: They have a crew rest as well, so there would be an extra extra pilot in there so that they can take it in turns and they can have a bit of a zizz and then everyone would be back on deck for the mission, I'm sure. And then yeah, on the way back that they could have their turns having a rest as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly have it. That's all I rang up for good. So you two have a great show. Hey, Tony, I can't get through to see on the screen.
Speaker 13: Brother.
Speaker 23: It's not letting me in.
Speaker 3: That I have no something over which I have no control. But you're going to fix it. People talk on ED so people hear what you're saying. Yeah, sorry, sorry, that's talking to me. I have just switched the camera ons aha. I see these two handsome men in the studio. Now, so who's responsible for turning it on normally? Well, it normally automatically goes on, but sometimes it doesn't. And it's taken now fifty two minutes. It's good to get a reminder after you take it.
Speaker 6: So the technical issue is at our end unbelievable. So can you please now make it your business. That's straight after the midnight news or ten pm news or eleven thirty news, depending on where people are listening. You just give us a call and let us know if the camera is on.
Speaker 3: That's right, we need a background Stralia. We do because because we have people, you know, I like to have people, and sometimes the people overlook these things. So we've been going for over an hour and you've just decided we haven't been on air. Excellent Maggie morning.
Speaker 24: Good morning, morning, Megie, Hello Meggie.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm.
Speaker 24: Look number one.
Speaker 3: Number one and number two.
Speaker 24: Well I could I could start off with something and say that's not the reason I called for another one, So don't pay me.
Speaker 3: No, I won't. So the because the expression is that's not why I called. That's not why I called. You don't need to put the number four on the end of the sentence.
Speaker 24: Well, no, no, I'll start off with number one, if you don't mind, go Maggie Lathon. Given the conflict in the Middle East, what would be the preferred current route the carriers, let the shapeline, the kangaroo.
Speaker 6: There's always it's a very good question, Maggie, because there's never sort of the one way, and there's always some sort of something going on somewhere. So I believe the current rooting through to Europe is via Afghanistan. And so because everybody's going that way, I happen to notice when reading our bits and pieces before I flew yesterday morning, that yeah, they're adding some extra fuel because there's a lot of congestion over the airspace in Afghanistan and there are delays that are passing through. So depending on whether it's depending on conflicts and things, they can go really quite south. I've gone to Europe over Egypt and it was a beautiful clear day and we looked down and saw the Pyramids and the Sphinx and everything, which is pretty extraordinary, but I believe. And then of course, once the conflict broke out in the Ukraine, that left that eastern part of Europe. There's a no fly area, so they're forever assessing and obviously there's no flying over Iran, so they're having a look at the different roots and I think at the moment they're going via Afghanistan, and.
Speaker 3: So that would be a pretty I mean, there'd be people around the world all talking to each other. Oh, absolutely, there is all talking. Yeah, that's going to be.
Speaker 6: Many yes, And the airlines are talking with the equivalent of the Homeland Security and our own people who assess the risk. And there have been times when they felt that the risk is just too great and sadly flights have had to be canceled. But at this stage they've got an alternate routing which keeps them away from all of the conflict. And so yeah, that's the way they're going at the moment.
Speaker 3: I'm here, Nathan Kosh is here. It is Australia overnight. More straight up to this wherever you are right across Australia, I'm Tony McManus, Nathan Kosh here. It's a little segment we call Pets and Jets. If you'd like to be part of it, one double three six nine three text keep them coming. It's a really good one there from Geraldine zero four double seven six nine three six nine three.
Speaker 5: Now this is a strabul obanized with Tiny McManus.
Speaker 3: Very cool kid. Hello there. You might be at five double A in Adelaide. You could be right here with us at three at WM Melbourne, the ACE Radio network across Australia. Our good friends at five double A in Adelaide, I mentioned and six PR in Perth. Hello to you wherever you are for Australia overnight. Jump on board and join us. Plenty of room on the board. If you have a question to do with anything to do with maybe a much loved pet in your house, well Nathan is here, Nathan Kosh one double three six nine three. And if you have an intriguing question with regards to aviation, you'll get through straight away if you ring now. And we need a couple of calls to keep us cranking up, So jump on board, particularly if we haven't heard you for a long time, and be nice to get some newbies. You can join the program as well. One double three six nine three. If we don't the program would sound a little like this weird, isn't it it is?
Speaker 6: Well, look apropos of that, given that we discovered late in the last hour that a certain someone who shall remain aimless had forgotten to turn the camera on. I just want to confirm if the sound is actually on, because it's quite possible that we've been prattling on here for the last hour and a bit and nobody's.
Speaker 3: Nobody's, nobody's there, nobody's listening. Is the sound on? Is the sound on? Jay test testing? Hello? Are we on? Yes? We're on? Are you sure? Thank you? Yes? I guess because both Jay and I are a bit scarred. Yesterday morning on the program and the studio went into some sort of I don't know, he just went into a meltdown, didn't it. He just stopped working. And so fortunately with our dear friend Simon Owens happened to be still hanging around after his Remember When program on Sunday night, So yesterday Monday morning, he was. And what we do with that? The Simon Owens of broadcast.
Speaker 6: He is unbelievable in this place. He is knows everything, does everything, and is just the most lovely man to boot.
Speaker 3: So at one stage he was in this particular studio, underneath this desk in his suit, mind you, and his hat, try to rewire the place. It's just really, he's that good Nathan looking for advice. There is a house on my street. This is a text from Day Morning Day is there's a house on my street that acquired a dog for four weeks or so. So basically it's tied to a tree, no shelter from wind and rain all night. It's halved, its body weight looks terrible. Can't approach the residents. They're full of well, let's just call them obvious substance abuse issues. Reported to RSPCA a couple of weeks ago. The dog's still there. A frid reported five days ago. Dog still their options from Dave in Adelaide.
Speaker 6: Well, look, you're doing the right thing. You certainly can't take it upon yourself to go and talk to the people there, and it sounds as though the dog is being mistreated. Apart from continuing with the RSPCA, because they are the organization that has the legal power of entry and so they can go on there and presumably they will seize the dog. But if you're not getting any joy with them, then I think you might need to contact the police and get them involved. But yet you're doing the right thing, don't make yourself known to them if there could be confrontation issues. So as I say, if the RSPCA and unfortunately they're just flat out with all sorts of things, so I guess they will get to it, but it's not helping that dog in the meantime, So I'd contact the police and explain to them your dilemma and see if maybe they can go there, or maybe they can throw some weight and get the RSPCAA to get there a bit quicker.
Speaker 3: Over the years, you've seen animals abused?
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, not too many, thankfully, because they're the areas where I've worked. It's generally not the case. But there have definitely been some, and it's awful, and I think, you know, there are so many options. If people, for whatever reason can't keep their animals, then you know they're much better off surrendering them and surrendering them rather and then they'll find homes, will be found for them, and they can be looked after properly, rather than just have them in the backyard and being abused.
Speaker 3: I got sent There was the morning program back in Perth at that stage was hosted by the real Paul Murray, not the Paul Murray from a sky different Paul Murray format of the West Australian for a long time time host of the morning program at six pur in Perth, and he said, look, can you shoot out. We've had this report about some dogs have been abused. Can you go out and do a report for the program? Which I ultimately did, But I've been thinking about it on a regular basis ever since. It was just horrid what some people, for whatever reason, how they treat animals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know we see overseas sort of horror stories and things. But I think sometimes you have to understand that people's understandings of what animals are and how they should be kept are a little bit different to ours. But certainly in this country we look after our animals. We treat them with dignity and we need to make sure that at least their basic needs are met. And if there are people who are not that way inclined, then we need to remove those animals from those people. They should not be able to keep them.
Speaker 3: I guess in a sense too, we've been overpopulated with the animals, certainly dogs. I would have thought around the world, you get to places like Indonesia, Bali particular, and there's these dogs, random dogs that presumably at some point were pits, randomly walking around well you know, sevenyac to survive.
Speaker 6: Yes, not necessarily, because the dogs are different and many cultures regard them differently, and many cultures they're considered unclean and they're just left to roam around and scavenge and do their thing. In places like Bali and the villages, their dogs a bit like watchdogs. Oh so they're a bit like doorbells. So they're there and they they're there to bark, but they're not raised and nurtured and looked after the way that we do with the affection. Yes, so it's just a different a different culture. They're there, they coexist, but they're not there as sort of part of the family necessarily, and that's just the way that some cultures are. But as long as the basic needs are met and yeah, we've all seen, if we've headed north, dogs that are quite scrawny and don't look all that well looked after. There are a number of welfare organizations that are out there trying to do what they can, but of course the big problem in those places is that don't new to their animals and so we yeah, we just get the numbers blowing up, and you just get all these overpopulated dogs and cats. Cats also are just left to their own devices. So it's quite there's one as we speak, and so there's the difference between us, and so we can end up with an overrun of cats and dogs around the place.
Speaker 3: Thank you. The best overnight program in Australia. Should have Nathan on the program more often. Well is here usually every week for a couple of hours. There's such a calm voice, knowledgeable in the extreme. We all thank you.
Speaker 6: Thanks mum.
Speaker 3: Yes from Sydney.
Speaker 6: That's very kind.
Speaker 3: Sydney, thank you, thank you for that. Where we're going out late children, Corfield morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 25: I've just got a question. I can't understand why when they have people who've got puppies, they tell them what to do, but they don't tell them what not to do. For instance, I was in the supermarket the other day and I saw this guy had this meat roll which you're keeping the fridge, and I asked him if he takes it straight from the fridge and give the to his dog, and he said yes. But what beds don't tell people is that if you give an animal something which is too cold, they can get upset tummies or tummy eggs. And you know this has been I've seen this so often that you know they have a list of what to do, but they don't have a list of telling people what not to do or like things that their dog. Naughty dogs get confused because they can understand the word, but they don't understand why because people don't think that they expect the dog to think like them, they don't think like the dog.
Speaker 6: Yes, look, it's one of those things. If you told people what not to do with their animals, you'd be there for about six months. So when we have a limited time in a consultation, it's probably we have to prioritize and we tell people, you know, what to do things like that. Specifics like you know, warming up the food and not serving it straight out of the fridge. One of those things that probably get pushed down the list because when people come in with a new puppy, we're talking about diet, but we're talking about vaccinations, we're talking about worming, we're talking about fleas, we're talking about just sort of general husbandry and just sort of how to deal with them and Unfortunately, even though in many clinics and where I work, they for a new puppy, they've we put aside a half an hour so that we can have a chat about things. Unfortunately, the list of what not to do is far greater than that. And as you say, Rachel, one of the things they detect the tone of voice. And I'll always say to people, look, when you're trying to train them, we've gone right away from the whole nose and the punishment thing, because, as you say, we're telling them what not to do, but they're sitting there going, well, what would you like me to do? I want to please, but you're not giving me any clues. So we really focus now, or you know, the better trainers and the like will focus on you know, what to do and encouraging so when they're not doing the right thing, we actually show them what we want and then when they do it, we praise them. So we've gone away from the punishment and heading towards the praise a lot better. And so that's where it's beholden on people. You know, they need to do their own research because we just haven't the haven't got the time to do it all in a consultation.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately that they're not in Britain.
Speaker 6: Instruction, well, we generally we give handouts, but again depending on the foods and the vast majority of people will feed either canned or dry food. If someone's telling me that they're going to be feeding, you know, canned food and they're only going to give them half, I'll usually say to them, you know, we'll make sure you leave it out before you feed them. The dry food of it doesn't matter because that's given at room temperature. So it really just depends how the conversation is going and depending on what's happening, and if people change a diet, so that person may not have been feeding the role when they went in to talk to their vet, and so they've changed a diet in between, and so they haven't even had a conversation with a vet, or they haven't asked the questions. So generally, apart from basic information, will be reliant on people asking us the questions that we can answer. So it's a bit tricky with that. And ideally people should get a good book on how to raise a puppy and hopefully those sorts of things will becovered.
Speaker 3: How to raise a puppy Rachel. It's a great cool Thank you, great boys, thank you. Recently, the pistoral bug catcher won epistoral bug catcher on the radio station. Not too sure which radio station. Presuably here was a three W. I gave it to a daughter and family and yes, they used to they used it to trap a huntsman.
Speaker 6: Very good, they're ok, yeah, yeah they are. You know, all spiders are toxic. They're venomous. Yes, they're all of them, all of them. However, most of them the fangs are so small they can't even penetrate the skin because we have our tough outer coating. So you know, things like Daddy long legs and all the rest of it are still venomous, but they don't cause any problems, and likewise, the huntsman don't cause any problems for us. But I interrupt continue.
Speaker 3: Well, the funny part about this is the question is then asked that, when released at the next door neighbors house, what's the likelihood of the little critter finding its way back to our home? No, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're homing. Homing, homing huntsmen. That's difficult to say.
Speaker 3: In the morning, we're coming back into your kitchen now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I think you know, they'll generally if they're if they're plucked somewhere else, they'll try and establish themselves wherever they happen to be. And I don't think you'll find it's not like say, possums, that will return unless you take them far enough away. Then I think with the huntsman, hopefully that it's your neighbor's problem and not yours anymore, and not your families. Were you ever an arachnophobe, a bit of an orecnofode. But there's a story that there was a fellow that we had on what's his name now, Mike. He used to do stories for a current affair and all the it'll come to me, but all the quirky stories, all the fun stories. And he brought in, he brought in his dog. One I came in to buy something or other and we were talking, a lovely, lovely man and.
Speaker 3: As he was about to walk out, there was this.
Speaker 6: Dirty great huntsman above the door of the clinic, and you know we were about to move it on its way?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 6: Paul, No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 6: Mike Hamilton, Mike Hamilton, Hello, Mike. If you're listening. And so we were about to sort of get the room and sort of push it out the door, and he said, no, no, no, no, I'm doing a story about fear of spiders.
Speaker 3: I need it.
Speaker 6: So we ran around and found a big jar and put it over the huntsman and it crawled into the jar.
Speaker 3: And we're sitting there talking.
Speaker 6: He's got this thing in the jar, and there was someone sort of walking into the clinic and I said, quick, sit down, put the jar on your knee, and of course he sort of was onto it in a flash. So he plunks himself down, picks up a magazine, flipping open, having a look at the magazine with his jar with this dirty, great huntsman in it. Anyway, so we're just talking away and this person sits down near him and with their dog and just sort of looking around and clocks this, this big huntsman in the jar and says, is.
Speaker 3: That your pet?
Speaker 6: And I saying, oh, yeah, yeah, very affectionate, you know, it's it's lovely, lovely, great great pets. People don't realize anyway. So this is going on for some time and I'm hiding around the corner, so I called him. I called him into the into the consulting room, and indeed and any comes with it, and we just sort of closed the door and waited, and the person in the waiting room says, are you kidding?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 6: How do you have a huntsman as a pet? And we were killing ourselves laughing for a little bit of a walk. Yes, it was one of those moments.
Speaker 3: There are so many checks here and this is for you, Jay. Can you send this to our great people, the IT team, Tony. We can no longer watch your on the iPad. No longer on the iPad video not support or something good news, guys. I'm actually seeing watching you guys now. So we are connected on this end right threew dot com dot a you as we can. But does my hair look okay? It looks fine? Which one are you just looked across at me. We're on a ten second delay with it too, so and my hair looks which look spectacular. There's not a hair out of place. Be very careful, one of you guys, there's one here. One of you guys been talking about for the last hour, says David. I don't know what have we been We have no idea. What have you been talking about for the last hour. David, you share a share lag a Beir twenty two pas one. It is Australia overnight. Nathan Coshi is here, Tony mcmatus, It's Australia overnight. Good morning. There was a very famous open line talkback host overseas who would say, coming join us on the program and let us do the thinking for you, which it was a little patronizing but funny at the same time. In Pannington, I think, Hello, Heather, Hello, Nathan's go And now I.
Speaker 26: Heard you mentioned one of you mentioned about the dogs that just run around everywhere. Well, there's a young girl in the last three years she's looking after them and making sure that they have all the what necessary that they need. I don't know what that means inoculations or what it is, and I'll tell you what. I don't know if people give donations or what happens, but she's fully into it and she's absolutely a beautiful person. And a relative of mine goes over there about three four times a year because you know, there's pretty cold here and the tropics and yeah, and also or you go up to Queensland, you know what I'm saying, to escape the cold because some people just can't handle the cold gets into their bones, you know. But anyway, so this young girl, oh, she's absolutely and she does it for nothing, yes, and people donate with something that helps her, you know. Yeah, it's absolutely beautiful Jonny Young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's quite a few that do that.
Speaker 6: One of our flight attendants who goes over quite a lot and she goes around their clinics and gets expired drugs and things like that to take across there. And then you know, it's funny that you meet people sometimes a number of months ago, as in a pharmacy in Darwin, and just happened to be striking up a conversation with the pharmacist and she was a lovely young lady and she and her partner run a like a boarding kennel in Bali, and they do that for the well to do people who do you know, leave their pets and look after them in a different way. But the money from the boarding kennel goes towards looking after and they rescue dogs that have been trained or sent for dog fighting, and so they rescue those dogs. So there are a number of people out there, Heather, who are trying to do the right thing. And isn't it fantastic that people donate their time and often a lot of money to try and help these animals, And so you get yeah, I don't know so much about vaccinations, but certainly desexing, because that's the biggest problem with overpopulation. If they can get through and dissect a lot of these dogs, then they can get the numbers down and then there'll be more food for them to go around and they'll be in a better condition generally. But it is wonderful that you get people from all over the world and people here that do amazing things for the welfare of animals. And bless them all and strength to them, because yeah, they certainly make a lot of difference to a lot of animals, and in the rehoming a lot of difference to a lot of families as well by giving them lovely new family members.
Speaker 3: And there's people right around Australia wa Adelaide, here in Melbourne, right across Victoria too that do extraordinary things with those shelters, most of whom are volunteers. Yes, give up the time just to work with those animals so that somehow they survive.
Speaker 6: Yes exactly, and they do that just for nothing. No other reason than to look after those animals just for the love of it and to hope that they get a better life. And then you get many of these shelters that now have areas for say elderly dogs that aren't going to be able to and cats that aren't going to be able to be re homed, and they look after them and take care of them for the rest of their lives. So people do some amazing work, and there's all the therapy animals that type of thing. We had a gentleman come on the flight the other day who needed some help, who has reduced mobility and actually an opera singer, and he also had his assistants dog with him who came on the plane Labrador and just a beautiful dog. And just to see the relationship that people have with their pets is truly wonderful and that's what energizes all of us. I think as vets that you know, we're trying to do our best to make sure that we keep that bond as long as possible and keep those animals as healthy as we can for as long as we can.
Speaker 3: Years ago, for one of the shelters that they put us all into, like cages, a whole lot of reasonably well known people into cages, and people would come and pay a fee as much as possible to raise to get us out of the shelter. Yes, I was never released. Nobody wanted to pay to get me out.
Speaker 6: No, really, it's very sad. Look it's understandable. Months yeah, look it is understandable. But there are some radio announces that are just beyond homing.
Speaker 3: Really duty in Mandra, You been to a Mandra.
Speaker 6: I haven't been to Mandra.
Speaker 3: I lived in Perth for a while, but I didn't get that far. Sadly, Judy and Mandra will come to you next. Wherever you are right across Australia. Could be at five double A in Adelaide, might be the Aceradio network of stations three at w here in Melbourne, where we are of course in six PR in Perth, jump on board one double three six nine three. You'll get through straight away. We won't leave you waiting for too long. And four Perth Lissen is one double three eight eighty two, which is just your normal number, your normal talk back number. It's a great little text here from MAXI who she is. I was told not giving the little dogs a bit of food while sitting at the table.
Speaker 6: You say, nay, absolutely do not do not, because look, one of the problems is, and it's an absolute bugbear of mine, and people just sort of flick a little bit of food to the dog and then they sit there and they annoy you and they bother you. I was at a dear friend of mine's birthday yesterday and we're all sitting around the table and he's got a veterinary colleague of mine and he's got a very elderly dog, and you know, she's got bit of dementia because she's not quite with it. And one person at the table decided it was a good idea to drop her a little bit of food, and then she went around to everybody and was just pushing her nose in the way and really just you'd push her back and she'd come back and push her back. So it's really not something to be encouraged. I personally dislike it. So when people, you know, when I'm at friends places and sitting down and eating and the dogs looking at me, I will turn it around to them and say, I didn't bother you while you are eating, you don't bother me. While I'm eating. Well, that it works doesn't at all.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 6: However, if you do, if you do have some scraps and things and some leftovers, and that's all fine, providing it's the right kind of food. But what you should do is you wait, just put it to the side of the plate, wait till the end of the meal, and then when you're all done, you can go over to the dog's bowl and put it in the bowl and then they can eat it there. But don't actually just give them bits at the table, because they do end up becoming quite a nuisance and begging and pleading and all the rest of it, and it's just not something that should be encouraged.
Speaker 3: Well, I bought in my new shepherd, who's sleeping just underneath the disk. Here. You want to see yoursel I'm trying just a little bit. There you go. I know it looks she loves it. Yes, I told you not to give her the dried fruit, Judy and Mandra think thank you for waiting.
Speaker 9: Judy, Hello, gentle, I love I love the program when you're both together funding along. Yes, I'm an old girl. I've got a Pomeranian. She's she was she is too and she she gets up on my bed when I go to bed, but she turns up and then she stretches out and kicks. Is those somethings she's got a pain or something's body and she's big fleet so it's not flee but I can't. I'm worried. Something wrong with.
Speaker 6: That is that the only time she does that.
Speaker 9: If she's asleep with me out in the dining room and the chairs, and I'm aware that she kicks. Yeah, No, she doesn't when she's with.
Speaker 6: Me or sleep, Yes, So when if she's only doing it when she's asleep, then then dogs do dream and they do twitch and kick and can carry on like some of us that are a bit more mobile when when we're having dreams and things. So if that's the case, then say again.
Speaker 15: Sorry, never thought of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they do dream and you can sometimes see their eyes twitching or you know, under their eyelids, or just other muscles twitching, and they're probably being chased by a sabertooth tiger or something or other. And if they are sort of twitching and kicking out, then that could possibly be it if she's only doing it when she's asleep, if she's otherwise normal and happy, and you don't notice her scratching when she's awake, then it's unlikely to be anything physical.
Speaker 27: All right, Now she's haven't.
Speaker 9: Been sterilized, yes, and she's just been season now, but she got really good pressed. Do they feel anything they.
Speaker 6: Do, Well, it's no hormone. Hormones change, of course, as they're preparing. When when as they're coming into season, they are getting ready to have their pups, so or to be sorry impregnated and then to have pups, so they do get hormonal changes. Definitely. May I ask, are you intending to breed from her? Or you just haven't got around to having a.
Speaker 9: Newtube, But she said, kily little dog. She was brought over from Eastern State by a breeder, Yes, and they decided she was too small. So I'm an old, old old lady. I'm ninety five, and so she never gets outside the front door.
Speaker 6: Well might I might I suggest that if you, if you can afford it, of course, get her spade because older unspaed females have a much higher incidence of mammary tumors. They can also get infections in the uterus that can be life threatening. And also you have the hassle of them discharging while they're having their seasons. So there are good medical reasons for doing her as early as possible, not while they're in season, because the uterus becomes very enlarged and very delicate, and it can be quite quite a stressful operation for their man for the vet doing it. But once she settled down with her season, I strongly suggests that you do get her spade, and that way you're not going to have any of those issues down the track, and a far lower likelihood of her getting mammary cancers, and then no chance of her getting uterine infections of course, because she won't have her uterus anymore.
Speaker 3: And Judy, your beautiful little puppy, which football team does she barck for? There's only two? See, that's why she's depressed, you Judy, lots of love to everybody in Mandra and call in again soon.
Speaker 27: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're more than welcome. We've got the General. Are you familiar with the General?
Speaker 6: I'm not familiar with the general?
Speaker 3: General? Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, General, Good morning going beautifully General. Thanks morning over there, But morning, how can we help General? What did you want to add to the program this morning? Across Australia.
Speaker 28: Tell you very very very very very very interesting story.
Speaker 7: Story.
Speaker 3: What time did you start today? General, I haven't been Soviet. No, did you go out to lunch at all?
Speaker 28: Can't remember? I got memory?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so a bit so, a bit of a bit of a bite to eat and then yea, yeah.
Speaker 29: I had a bike.
Speaker 3: I had a bike.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I had a bikes our five hundred in the Port Helen to win creek bike great. Yeah, I had the past time for poor hidden to win creek.
Speaker 3: But guess what what happened after that?
Speaker 29: I never didn't win.
Speaker 3: No, just dump that there because I think there was a rude word that was thrown in there. Generally, it's always a challenge when you're on but I thank you for that in Mitcham, Hello, Bev. A bit of a hard actor follow be It is a little bit. Hello Bev.
Speaker 30: Oh, nice to speak to you. I've been worried about David in Israel. He found in.
Speaker 3: Yes, we spoke to him quite at length yesterday, Bev, around this time yesterday morning. And he's fine. He's fine, he's well. He like many in the Middle East, including obviously Israel, are a bit concerned about what happens next and the challenges that presents for them as community and family, and where it goes from here. We don't know. Nobody really seems to know. But when we spoke to him on the program yesterday he was fine and he will be listening and he will. Thank you very much for your concern. Bev.
Speaker 30: Oh that's good.
Speaker 16: Yes, how are you by?
Speaker 6: We're very well, Thank you, Bev. Thank you for asking.
Speaker 3: It's lovely. It's always lovely to be here.
Speaker 6: It's the highlight of my week, sadly talking with Tony, but.
Speaker 3: Sadly, no, no, no, no, it's always lovely.
Speaker 6: And to have people calling in and the messages that we get is fantastic. And how's life in Mitcham?
Speaker 30: Pretty cold?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Did you get the rain tonight? Did you get the storm? There was a big storm went through parts of Melbourne.
Speaker 30: No, it sort of missed us a bit. We've got patches, but yeah, it never see before, you know, heavily, which I need for my.
Speaker 6: Yes, which is ironic because of course there's a reservoir in Mitcham where it's well. That was one of the reporting points when we used to fly into us, and it's called Mitcham Reservoir. But the irony is they covered it over and I think it's one of the holding reservoirs, so they pump the water from the main ones outside of Melbourne and then they have these holding reservoirs.
Speaker 3: So there was that onees in.
Speaker 6: So Yeah, there was the Surrey Dive, there was the big brick factory and the big quarry there, but this was definitely in Mitcham, the Mitcham Reservoir, but they put a roof on it and so no one could find it anymore because everybody's looking for a body of water and so we were all getting lost trying to find our way to western An Airport.
Speaker 30: Yeah, there's one in Canterbury Road.
Speaker 6: Yes, there's that tower, isn't there And.
Speaker 30: I think they've covered that one too.
Speaker 6: Yes, it saves a lot of evaporations, so it's a much more efficient use of the water.
Speaker 3: But that's a pity of that.
Speaker 6: Your garden's not getting the rain, although we had the big drenching a week or two ago that brought all the snow to the mountains as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you have much lawn where you are with?
Speaker 30: No, it's it's just about dry out man.
Speaker 6: Really in the middle of winter.
Speaker 30: That's dreadful because I'm on a hill and no, there's not much less.
Speaker 3: Really, maybe maybe a little new drog or a little sea soul might help bev.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I'd have to have a lot of sea soul.
Speaker 6: Are you got a fair sized lawn?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 30: Because I didn't put in garden.
Speaker 6: Oh you just got lawn. Yeah, Well, I hope we do. It looks like we're doing in for a bit of rain over the next few days and hopefully hopefully your garden or your lawn will get a much needed drink.
Speaker 30: Yeah, because my dog she doesn't min going down there because the paws get in. You know, there's stones and stuff. Oh, yes, yes, because there's no grass.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, that bad. Well, hopefully we do get some rain.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 6: There's meant to be some cold fronts coming through, so hopefully hopefully that'll solve your problem. We all get it, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: We do. Be nice to talk to you. Thank you for being part of the program. Look after yourself. We'll talk again soon. Our telephone number one double three six nine three. It's interesting when people about the cold, particularly here in Melbourne and loads of the depths of winter and not everybody loves it. I don't mind the cold, and it's a weird I'm not a fan either.
Speaker 6: We're all different. I shared a flat many moons ago with an old school friend of mine, and as soon as he would walk out, have the heating on in the middle of winter, and as soon as he would walk in turn it off. He would turn it off. He'd open all the windows, and he'd walk around just in a T shirt and sing or a pair of shorts and a singler, and I to try and get the message across that I was freezing, was there in my sheepskin jacket and a scarf and everything else, and he was totally oblivious, just sitting there in Well.
Speaker 3: I know so as you know, I'm menopausal, so I whipped the gear off asers as I get into that.
Speaker 6: I was wondering why you were walking around naked before. But now it all makes sense, Tony.
Speaker 3: You said my name didn't read out in the text. It says here, Nathan. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in knowing a children who follow in their parents are careers. I don't know what you've mentioned this before, but no one else in your family has any particular interest in flowing.
Speaker 6: No, not my well, my kid's definitely not. I have a son and a daughter, and my son started off doing engineering and decided it wasn't for him. But he has just completed his agricultural degree and is about to start a master's degree in agriculture. So that's his thing. I guess that's what you all do.
Speaker 21: Well.
Speaker 6: He wants to be a consultant and to have a little property of his own and be on the land that's and to help other people with obviously with the knowledge that he's gained, and do some consulting for farmers and things around the place. My daughter is completely the other way. She's the arty one, and she's just finishing off her double degree in media and communication and design, and she's sort of riding to all the three D design and everything.
Speaker 3: And plays the guitar and like almost Eric Kleptones.
Speaker 6: During during COVID, she decided that, you know, because she was sitting around and board because she was doing year eleven and twelve during COVID, which was another challenge, but she decided she wanted to learn the guitar, so she did the research and bought an acoustic guitar online and was just doing lessons off YouTube, and then decided she wanted an electric guitar and started to play with that. And then she found herself a teacher and doing online lessons because she doesn't drive. But yeah, about four years later now she's a lead guitarist in an all girl band that plays around Melbourne and she's just got a knack for it and she's really good. See unlike me.
Speaker 3: Well that's not true at all. You're very gifted, very talented in other areas. Her daughter's Number one and two have little or no interest in broadcasting, for example, they've grown up with it all their live, little or no interest. Having said that, number two has a really wonderful and acute, almost wicked sense of humor.
Speaker 6: And what's she doing now?
Speaker 3: She runs a looks after as she's a practice manager of a medical center and does really well. But right through COVID, did amazing work for the great mister Turner through a flight center, oh yes, and so sustaining that for a long period of time, and then has moved into this practice manager of a center in Perth. The point of that is, it has nothing to do with what I've done for a living yes, and yet other people's family, you know, sons of lawyers, of doctors, or what moving men and women we have. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: We have a number of third generation pilots and certainly heritage.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I know definitely at least second generation vets as well. But it's funny. I think it either turns you completely on or completely off. Because my kids grew up with me spending a fair bit of time away and they said, for them, they just hated it. So for them they don't like that lifestyle. They much prefer to have regular hours and say that it doesn't interest them at all.
Speaker 3: It might be an interesting topic the other side of those that have children, family grandchildren that have gone into a part of that, I don't know almost the heritage or stayed with, you know, inside the family business area or things that father, mother, grandparents did. One double three six nine three Come and join us Australia overnight, Nathan Cosh. She is here, Tony McManus the other side of Nathan Cosh, Jay working the other side of the glass. It's a family affair. One double three six nine three Laz good morning, Hey Tony hey, Gard as well. You know Nathan, don't you lads?
Speaker 31: Yeah? Hey you god, Nathan. Hey you know where I live. I live in Guildford, you do? And Benney thirty years and some years ago when I got a here my place, they had worn out the back and then I listened to remember. So yeah, well she's still on.
Speaker 3: The radio, Sue McDougall.
Speaker 31: Yeah, she said, get rid of all Alawn, get rid of every link and just plant notives. I'll tell you what my life has been. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, planting natives. Well, Sue, as you know, just picked up, just picked up. I shouldn't say it like that. Has just been awarded last week in the King's Birthday Awards. I think it was an oam for everything she does. She now looks up. I work with Sue for a long time. I was co hosting the Guarding program with Sue at six PO on a Saturday and a Sunday morning. And she's now responsible for everything that happens at Kings Park.
Speaker 6: King's Park, that's right, What an extraordinary park that is, for just.
Speaker 3: Doing incredible things at Kings Park.
Speaker 6: It's beautiful, it is.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous, laz the and so you're happy with the way your plants are all looking.
Speaker 31: Ah look my you know Gilford, there's lots of trees whatever, and yeah, yeah, I just put malts on it once a here, I'll get a big trail out of it and put it on. I don't have to weed it. It actually self mulches from the leaves and stuff, and I just dig it into the gardens. And yeah, I don't have to worry about I'm sitting at the back now at the moment and it's quite nice here at the moment.
Speaker 3: Do you have do you have an animal in your life? Las?
Speaker 31: No, No, my work doesn't allow me to have have have any any Petsy because I work away a fair bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know that feeling.
Speaker 31: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'd love to. I'd love to, but but but again I don't. I don't. I don't need to go away and get someone into toward my name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 6: Well, Australian natives are designed to just deal with whatever nature sent down.
Speaker 3: True. And I think a lot of the thank you, laz And I think a lot of particularly in w A, a lot of the fly in fly out, the chambage of the pressure that puts on would be challenging as well with an animal. We'll do this when we come back more the other side. Nathan Gosh Tony mack as Stradia Overnight Morning. Nathan, you're happy to kick on and we might have a beverage and come back for the second half. Absolutely, Australia Overnight morning.
Speaker 5: Now, this is a Stradia Overnight with Tony McManus.
Speaker 3: Wherever you are, Hello there, you can join us. Plenty of room on the board one numble three six nine three if you are sending messages and look at them Nathan zero four double seven sixty nine three six nine three. And for those listeners from WA morning to you via six PR in Perth one double three eight eighty two. So in other words, that's the number you ring one double three eight eighty two six pr. It comes through to me personally dosal phone number. Yes, you just get Jay to answering.
Speaker 6: That's well. It's good to have a person.
Speaker 3: Is we have people. We like to surround ourselves by people who are infinitely more capable than me.
Speaker 6: It's not possible, it is.
Speaker 3: And you surround people who know exactly what they're doing, and then I don't have to worry about it. You know what I'm saying. Yes, did I say that too loudly to give it? Ray? Good morning?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's sorry. Hello, Ray, Hello, go ahead.
Speaker 32: Ray, Hello to all the lovely listeners, and I'll send you many blessings.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 32: First, I wanted to apologize for the other night I've got a bit grumpy when the subject was about time politicians. I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 3: Or not, Ray, I don't really because I try not to dwell on these Did you and I have a discussion with regards where we're going as a nation?
Speaker 32: Yes, yeah, that's right. I got to be grabby on this one.
Speaker 3: No, Ray, I promise you I've given no further thoughts. So but I thank you for saying that. And I probably sometimes I get fired up by way of not fired up, Ray, by trying by trying to ascertain. I tried to go in search of what possible answers. Are we all clear about what the problems are. Many of us are not as clearer about what the answers or the fix might be.
Speaker 32: Yes, yeah, I understand now that. Yeah, good on. I just wanted to for a suggestion that maybe when these shelters give out these dogs, they should also give out a booklet about saying what to do or what not to do with the dogs.
Speaker 6: Well, they usually do give some sort of information and there'll be handouts of various sorts, but you know, you could end up with Encyclopedia Britannica there if it's sort of they gave too much. So I think it's beholden on people as well to do some of their own research. There are the basics, but then if you're looking for stuff that's specific, then I think you know people and these days with the internet, it's all it's all right there at your fingertips, So I think, yeah, it's it's you know, we give the basics and people you know, should be trying to find out for themselves or one of the things that people can do. If you have any questions you can you can ring your vet and depending on the question, I mean, we won't just sort of get on the phone and do a free phone consultation, but generally the vet nurses will have a pretty good idea about various things. So if anyone does have any questions and they can't find an answer, it's always worth ringing your local vet and just asking the question. So that's that's well worth doing.
Speaker 32: Yeah, I understand that. And you'd think people and if they're going to get a dog, they know a little bit of data. Like just for instance, jellow Dale at this Blake's place and his dog's jumping up everywhere and he's yelling, screaming out of the city, and I said, yeah, well, why don't you teach at the city. They get, oh, it's a dumb dog. He doesn't know.
Speaker 6: It's not a dumb dog. It's a tumb owner. I'm guessing.
Speaker 32: Yeah, yeah, exactly. So I said, look, excite. It took me about three four minutes to teach, another two minutesters teach him to drop, another minutter teach him to stay.
Speaker 15: He could do that.
Speaker 32: Dogs don't come with knowing what to do.
Speaker 15: You've got to.
Speaker 6: Show them that's right, and you know, not just tell them no, no, no, I don't want you to do this because they get confused and they go, well, what do you want me to do? So you've got to, as you did, guide them, and then once they get the idea, the penny drops and oh is that what you want?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: And then where you.
Speaker 32: Go, Yeah, I had a dog, and I told you knew about one hundred and fifty things.
Speaker 6: Beloe Wow.
Speaker 32: Taught him everything like the basics, and I always like to teach a hand signal to go with it. Yes, yeh, stay well, show us our hands. Yes, he knew how to closed doors. Put his dish in the sink. Now save prayers speak. The favorite toy was a car tire. Oh, you used to love fetching the car tire.
Speaker 33: You know.
Speaker 6: And that's the thing, you know, Training them is not cruel or it's not anything like that. If you if you are teaching your dog with positive reinforcement, they love it just as much as we do. And then you have a dog that's a pleasure to have around, is very well disciplined and it's going to do what you need it to do.
Speaker 32: But sure dogs are individual, so you got to find out what what they're like. Some some like you can teach him with toys or orientable, so you find out what they love, and then you teach him with that exactly reward.
Speaker 3: No, that's the way.
Speaker 6: You obviously are very experienced at doing that, and fantastic that you help that gentlemen from Well, you're saving his voice and you're saving his dog from a lifetime of misery thinking, well, what do you want me to do for goodness sake?
Speaker 32: Oh, that's right. In my last had diabetes, he's given an Jacson yes twice twice a day, yep. And that was costing me seventy five dollars every ten days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, insolence.
Speaker 32: I was struggling to pay it. But sometimes I went without seriod as long.
Speaker 3: As right, wow, really.
Speaker 6: Right to be right, Well done. Good on you, you know, just obviously a very very responsible peed owner.
Speaker 3: Good ray, keep in touch, my friend.
Speaker 6: Yes, go corpunk are a lovely, lovely part of northeastern Victoria.
Speaker 3: Tis loveliest spot. Weld one you one double three six nine three And Nathan, here's a qustion for you. Dog shops do pitch chops sell products for ginger vite gingervitis?
Speaker 6: No, they don't. Gingervitis is inflammation of the gums, and ginger vitis is not just normally a problem in itself. Generally, it's caused by plaque on the teeth that starts to work its way up underneath the gum, and the gums start to get inflamed. And so you don't treat ginger vitis as such. You need to treat the teeth first, and that will settle the gingervitis. Having said that, there's also or there are also various immune conditions that can cause inflamed gums and that would need treatment from the vet. So I think, Doris, rather than trying to find something for ginger vitis, you need to get your dog to the vet. First of all, they'll check the teeth. They might need a clean and maybe a removal of some if they're going a bit rotten, and that should help to settle the ginger vitis down. But it's gingervitis is a result of another problem. It's not a problem in itself.
Speaker 3: Do you floss?
Speaker 6: I floss and I pixed that every day fixed ptix the little brush one yes, the little god pipe kind of things.
Speaker 3: And where do you do that mask in the bathroom? So you wouldn't sit in the loundry for example?
Speaker 34: No?
Speaker 3: Right, why do you are you a lounger in floss? A A well, I'm trying to make it more socially acceptable.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's socially to get the brush the little pistrel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little pixture like you know, like a toothpick. You have a toothpick and a meal, don't you. Quite often they would put it. Yes, I don't know whether they still do it. You put a little thing of toothpicks get yes, yes, remove the filet from the little between your teeth and so. But nobody does that as much anymore. And you could sit watching the news at seven and you could just use your little picture and people.
Speaker 6: Said, na, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Computers is computers?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 6: Well, I ended up doing it because I've had sort of issues with teeth all the way through and lots of feelings and all the rest of it. But in more recent times I've got on top of it. But then started went to the dentist, probably a couple of years ago now, and he said, oh, there's a couple of little patches starting there. And I said, but I'm doing all the right things, and I'm flossing and brushing twice a day and doing all of that. And so he put me on a special toothpaste, very high fluoride. And we're sort of working out why this would be all, you know, why all of a sudden, and it turns out that I sleep with my mouth open, and so my mouth dries out and the saliva is not there, and the sali helps to protect against a kay. So what was happening is now, because my mouth was dry, I was starting to get a little few patches starting to form despite doing everything correctly. So now I use the very high fluorid toothpaste and I go with the pixtures and what I do as was said to me. You know, before you go to bed, you dip the picture in the toothpaste and you put that all around your teeth and you don't rinse it and you.
Speaker 3: Just leave it.
Speaker 6: So you leave the toothpaste there to help protect your teeth overnight.
Speaker 3: It's a nice thing to be able to do. I was out for you, remember our great David man from here co w So was out at Masadon with David and had this dreadful piece wedged you right there, yep, wedged into the tooth. So we went in search of some picture. Yes. Eventually found some picture of the local IgA at Mount Messages. Yes, and so we're laughing because they're excrucinating, expensive and b But the joy of finding them and then removing the tiny little piece I was wedged in there, annoying the ute me for about forty five minutes. I thought it was painful. And he's laughing because they're very expensive, because these are the pictures got super strength, of course, superstress, superstrict. Who knew they even existed?
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 3: There you go, Kenny will come to you next day, to you west woodscrog Covin joined us one double three six nine three. We've got plenty of room on the board. Don't leave us here by ourselves, so you'll jump on. If you have a question, whether it be a vet question, whether it be an aviation question, or a picture in question or a pixt. It's a picture, isn't it? Yes, like pis magazine, p I K S T E. Pick. What was the name of the picks.
Speaker 6: That was a naughty one? It was yes, p I X Yes. And People there was People magazine and pics if Pink magazine wasn't there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They and for some reason were always in the barber shop.
Speaker 6: Yes, well that's why you went to get your hair cut three times a week.
Speaker 3: Did look what happened? Because he is collet through garden, Missus.
Speaker 4: Marsh who knows the floor riding colgate certainly strengthens teeth gets right into teeth like.
Speaker 3: This liquid gets into chalk to make teeth really tough, tough tea coldgate floor regard.
Speaker 5: Only your dentist can give teeth the better florine treatment.
Speaker 6: Oh, missus Marsh.
Speaker 3: Beautifully, Missus Marsh. What did we do with that? Missus Marsh?
Speaker 6: Isn't it funny? We had all of those characters? There was missus remember Rita the eater eater theater eater?
Speaker 3: Yes? And who was the one where you put your soaking in it?
Speaker 6: Madge with a Palmel dishwashing liquid?
Speaker 3: What do we do before? Madge?
Speaker 6: Don't know. We just washed out dishes with dishrushing liquid.
Speaker 3: But I was reading Martha Gardener's book, Yes, yes, and she was promoting another particular sun dish washing liquid. Yes. And so in her books she talks about you can wash everything in sunlight. Yeah, everything, yes, and I mean everything.
Speaker 6: And everything with some and yeah, everything's never been cleaner.
Speaker 3: And you know my party trick about cleaning people's watch. No, Oh, you don't know about that? No Ah, So it's a party trick. So I remove people's watch at dinner.
Speaker 6: Do they know that they're having their watch removed? Or is it done by still?
Speaker 3: They know?
Speaker 6: Are you the b two of dinner years.
Speaker 3: So combinations of both. So we're down at Mericks. I don't know what you've been to. The Mericks are down there, just down the other side of Summers.
Speaker 6: Yes, down on the morning Ball.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Yes. So they had a little thing where you get there and they supplied the food and the wine and it's really quite a remarkable experience. So we did that last Friday night. There's some lovely people. You'll sit next to different people, and there were some people that were wearing watches. Some were actually quite old, vintage Saikos and things. And I said, how long since you've cleaned that watch? And I said never, never cleaned the watch. So I removed it and went out to the kitchen of the restaurant. Yes, and cleaned their watch in the kitchen and brought it back to them before the main course, and it came up brand new. So when this radio gig goes pear shaped, and you and I both know it will.
Speaker 6: I'm doing my best to accelerate it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do a full time career just because a watch cleaner as a watch cleaner, I know.
Speaker 6: Thank you, that's right, Tony the watch cleaner.
Speaker 3: Kenny Good morning and my grandpa there it is Kenny. Nice to talk to you, Kenny. Do you know my friend Nathan Kelly?
Speaker 6: Hello, Kenny, we're really well.
Speaker 3: Do you have a puppy in your life? Kenny, Ye, my lad a little dot. Yeah that's right, little Milo. Tell that. Just remind Nathan about my low open. I have a little dog down my lew Yes.
Speaker 35: Every time every time I go out, circles around, circles.
Speaker 3: Little circles.
Speaker 6: The zoomis when so when you're leaving or when you come home?
Speaker 7: Want to leave?
Speaker 35: He goes.
Speaker 3: Little tiny little circles. What's what's the sound he makes again?
Speaker 7: Kenny?
Speaker 3: What does he do again when you come? When you leave? I think we've got that mental picture, Kenny. Is everything else okay in your world?
Speaker 27: Yes, Kenny, laband some.
Speaker 7: Because it come up town?
Speaker 6: Who's coming to town?
Speaker 3: See DC?
Speaker 6: That's right, I just announced a whole bunch of concert they did.
Speaker 3: Will you and your brother go and see a C d C when they get to maybe Western Australia.
Speaker 16: Kenny, that's too much money, mate, because.
Speaker 35: From a three hudred.
Speaker 7: Jon.
Speaker 3: I know, but you it'd be a fantastic thing. You could save your money between now and when they arrive in w a.
Speaker 7: Hey kids one tomorrow where.
Speaker 36: Remember I told you I'll go We would have been I would have built.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're going to that's right. Just for those that don't know, tell us exactly where you're going, Kenny, Well.
Speaker 37: Tomorrow I'm going really goody with real Darcy.
Speaker 11: We've got nine o'clock.
Speaker 7: We got a bank faving money.
Speaker 3: Out nine o'clock.
Speaker 38: Yep, We're going to Oak Street, the Thong line, that's the one.
Speaker 35: Get the manager of line at mandra.
Speaker 27: Ye mandra and I've got big bring my here and with you.
Speaker 3: Oh lovely, that'll be nice kitty, and the sun will be shining for you.
Speaker 7: That's going to be cold.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well there had to be one of the other kid.
Speaker 3: Excellent. I just happened to get it wrong. Yeah too. On one job, you had one job to look.
Speaker 6: At the weather.
Speaker 3: Kenny. Thank you. It's always good to have you on the program. Kenny. I say hi to your brother and hope you both remaining well. Ardie Miagi morning.
Speaker 37: Good morning, Tony Mack and Nathan and Jay. Now, Nathan, there was another helicopter crash in Michigan. Fortunately no one got hurt.
Speaker 6: Oh good I didn't. Yeah, well that's good. No, I didn't see anything about that. It's it's troubling, isn't it, all of these these crashes.
Speaker 37: I just wanted to ask you. With these stealth be toos, I think they are on the flight said they did them at sixty two hours. Surely there'll be more than one pilot in me they wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Be Oh yeah, yeah, no, definitely, and they mid air refueling, so that obviously it hasn't got the range of of doing all of that. So, yeah, they have multiple pilots in there, and they'll take it in shifts to have breaks and things, and then they'll all be on deck when they were on their mission, and then once they turned around and went home, then back to back to swapping around and making sure that they're rested.
Speaker 37: Yeah, and they said they stocked microwaves in them as well.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I heard that earlier also, So yeah, they obviously they have some sort of TV dinners there because they have to eat and drink and that's very important to have lots of water, and they have a facility for the other end as well.
Speaker 3: That's what they're thinking of when they're on this mission. That is you know with the incline world. Yes, but we're thinking about what we'd have as a TV dinner. Excellent.
Speaker 37: You know, I saw a bunch of cham chimpanzees in the zoo having a nice tea together.
Speaker 27: Good.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're very social critics. What brand was the tea?
Speaker 37: I don't know, because they made a special one for it, and I was a herb.
Speaker 7: So it was good.
Speaker 3: To see it was a Herb tea. Of course.
Speaker 6: Perhaps sorry came mile, Perhaps, I don't know.
Speaker 37: They made something special for them. It's funny.
Speaker 6: Yes, Oh well, they've got to keep them occupied as well. That's one of the things that all the zoos are very good at these days, is, you know, environmental enrichment. So rather than just chuck the food to them and then they eat that for ten minutes and then they're sitting around staring at at everybody staring at them all day, they do an awful lot to try and keep them occupied, and even little games or hiding the food in different places and things so that they can it takes them a while to find the food, and it just keeps them mentally stimulated because boredom's a huge issue. But they're certainly getting a whole lot better at that.
Speaker 3: Well done, Artie. Always good to chat. Thank you for being part of the program. Yet again, I love that. What was the opinion when out to dinner was acceptable to use a tooth pick of the table.
Speaker 6: Yes, but you'd put your hand in front of your mouth, wouldn't you, As Maggie says.
Speaker 3: Couldn't you do that in the lands room with your PickStar?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Look, I think we've moved on, Tony. I think we've moved on.
Speaker 3: But if I was sitting here now, for example, this time of the morning, yes, in the privacy of the.
Speaker 6: Three a W studio with no one watching, with no one wat camera, see if I.
Speaker 3: Was for those that are watching online, would this be weird?
Speaker 6: If I was actually yes, please just send in your text and things that if Tony was, yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: I shut up to think that. Yes, it's not a good look. Adrian in Adelaide Morning, God, how are yeah, Adrian, We're well, thank.
Speaker 33: You just swinging up. In just mentioned about missus marsh Yes, and she was played by the same I think the same lady was also match She was played by a lady.
Speaker 3: Called Ruben a bead that's right.
Speaker 33: And in America. Have you ever heard the American madge says the school teacher, compare to our madge?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, well we had I think our ads kind of although the products were the same. I guess maybe the ads were meant to be similar. But they put a local Our actors put a local flavor on on all of these things, didn't they.
Speaker 33: And they were friends, they were friendly as founding the American ones.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, we didn't need to be put them on.
Speaker 33: The American ones, as was the Australian ones online. Yes, and we we we added over and I think in spades.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we don't need to be lectured to, we need to be spoken with.
Speaker 33: And it was they were funnier, the funnier than the Yankee ads.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, I mean there have been maybe that's a topic for for some time, you know, some of the funny or the fun ads that we've that we've had.
Speaker 3: Over the years.
Speaker 6: There have been some crackers, haven't they And sometimes they're their own worst enemy because you remember the ad, but you don't remember the product that they were advertising.
Speaker 33: And the other thing I quickly want to say is that I listened to Tony Moclair or morn yesterday, Yes, and he had a very good session or segments on the B three bomber. He was talking about, you know, he wanted people to bring up as they wanted to know anything about the B three bomber, the B two, Yeah, to whichever it was. Yeah, and he was he was giving the information about it, which I was quite knocked out by.
Speaker 6: And Tony is unbelievable with his military aviation and in fact, he used to write columns for Australian Aviation and I caught up with him a week or so ago, and you know, just him and a bunch of fellow military aviation enthusiasts and the stuff that they know about these aeroplanes, It just it puts me to shame, that's for sure. And he's a wealth of knowledge and I learn a lot every time I speak with Tony. But yeah, he would have filled everybody in and become experts on the B two, I'm sure after his little session.
Speaker 3: From all that interests originate with Tony Moakley.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't think he comes from any sort of flying background, but it's like me, there's no one in my family that had anything to do with aeroplanes and there still isn't. I'm a loner in that respect, but there's just something that you either love them or you don't. And Tony doesn't fly, but he certainly loves aeroplanes for what they are in the machinery in that passion.
Speaker 3: Did you ever ask Hi why he didn't ever?
Speaker 6: He just I don't think he had the resources at the time or perhaps the interest I've been doing, OK, may be doing all right, thank you very much. Well, I'm I'm gonna after color him and with him.
Speaker 3: Some training with him. Will we'll do this when we come back one double three six nine three. It is Australia. Tony mcmaus, Nathan cost is here and you can join us as well. Come and be part of it. We'll do that. On the other side. Front page of This Morning, that is Tuesday Morning, Finn Review talks about he runs Military has derided I hope we've got that right word there. It runs. Military has derided US President Donald Trump as gambler and pledged to end the war on its own terms. As to run looks increasingly isolated the global stage, and the US surges China China to intervene to ensure the world's busiest oil supply shipping lane remains open.
Speaker 6: There, Yes, the Straits of Homers. Well that's well, this will be the next I mean, obviously that's a ploy that they have to block off the oil supply to the west and watch what's going to happen to petrol prices over the next little while.
Speaker 3: One double three six nine three. Come and join us, Julian as say hello to our Nathan Kosher. I don't know whether you know, Julian, I do for end of the radio station three a W. Good morning, Julian, Good morning, sir.
Speaker 7: The man who brang up about helicopters remember original answer, Yes, helicopters that went to Hayman Island.
Speaker 3: It did.
Speaker 6: I went on that as a child from Proserpine to Hayman Island, indeed supine.
Speaker 7: And also remember that he had his own helicopters from Are those helicopters preserved or they would have been in a scrapyo.
Speaker 6: I don't I haven't seen or heard of that being preserved anywhere. The old red answered, I think it was a Bell forty seven or that type of thing, which was the thing that you see on mash. You know, when they when they bring the wounded. But I don't know what happened to that helicopter. That's a very good question, Julian.
Speaker 7: And the other question was remember when Bob an fought for the right, Yes, okay, whatever happened to another car rental company called Case.
Speaker 3: Well that's right.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, the way that I think it morphed into something else, it might have morphed into hurts perhaps. But the the thing with when you when you used to go on Australian, when you at the Australian airports, if you went with TAA, you would go with K's rental car, or if you went with Anset you would go with Avis rent a car and you would push the call button and you could book a car and have that ready. So Bob Ansett said, well, these airlines have the monopoly, and so he started Budget of course, and fought for the right for Budget to be able to have an office at each of the airports so people could come and hire car there.
Speaker 3: Julian. Still sorry, Jillian, you you want to say, no, he's disappeared, He's there gone. Julian, thank you for that. Those callers that are waiting Vermin will come to you very surely. Mark in Slovakia as well. We just want to go to Gabe Hodson from our Australia Overnight news room. It's breaking, really, will you just bring us up. But this tests to do with the Qatar report.
Speaker 39: Yes, all espace over Qatar has been cleared residents they have been told to shelter in place. Now we've just got the first reports coming through from Reuters News agency. They're reporting that explosions have been heard in Doha in Qatar. So Qatar has I'm not sure how to pronounce it. I'm not going to try. I'm not going to embarrass myself. But it does have the largest US base in the Middle East, and there's about eight thousand US citizens living or you know, working there. It's in Guitar. So this is kind of the next step in this conflict. We're just getting a lot of different countries are getting involved in this now.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so Iranian fish is telling certainly seen in Toroun, wants to pay pay for its attack directly. So this is the words being used as usually some sort of indicator to isn't it.
Speaker 39: Yeah, Yeah, this is escalating very quickly.
Speaker 3: All right, Would you'll keep an eye on and keep us right through this Tuesday morning as to how this unfolds. But it's really moving you right.
Speaker 6: It sure is. And obviously the Iranians are going after Western interest and Qatar is pretty close to ir An, so that's where they're going to hit.
Speaker 39: I believe it's where a lot of the organizing for Afghanistan staging. Yeah, having in guitar, yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Gabe, Thank you for doing that for us. Certain we'll keep up to date as we go through the morning together. Vern Interrelgin Hello, uh uh good good morning, Good morning men, and you too, Tony.
Speaker 10: Uh, just.
Speaker 16: A bigger pardon.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I was earlier, but I didn't quite get my message through, which.
Speaker 27: It was.
Speaker 10: In in the country in the morning, you got breakfast.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 10: And and when the when the clock went at twelve o'clock, it was come to dinner, Come to dinner.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was dinner, wasn't it in the middle of the day.
Speaker 10: And then the lady would come out and should ring the triangle and so dinner time. But it was twelve o'clock.
Speaker 40: Uh.
Speaker 10: Now, I booked a This is where the confusion comes. I booked a venue for dinner time, thinking it was going to be twelve o'clock.
Speaker 6: And the dinner time, of course was later in the evening.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because it was breakfast, dinner and tea. That's right, exactly. H And this is where the trouble started.
Speaker 7: But anyway, talking about and this is where the trouble started.
Speaker 10: That's right, talking about Tony. You don't care.
Speaker 3: What what do you call it?
Speaker 6: Don't care?
Speaker 10: Oh, anyway, among the best aeroplane I've ever made, and menium, yes, and all the bolts and everything to put it on his fence. But he's never come back to tell me that. Well, this way, I tested it out. It's been around the world about three or four times.
Speaker 3: Good on yourn, Thank you. It's a lovely story. I love I've know that. Yes, that sound asleep? Vern thangs Mark in Slovakia. High.
Speaker 41: Hey, guys, I'm just going to put you off this hands free thing. I hope you can hear you, We can hear eleven clears excellent, Okay, I've got too interestable. Two questions at are burning?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 41: About this B two thing that went.
Speaker 7: Over to you ran to play games?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 41: How does it work with such a long distance? I think it was thirty two, thirty four to thirty six hours something like that.
Speaker 3: They have multiple crips.
Speaker 41: Sorry, yeah, that's non stop. Is there a round trip.
Speaker 6: Or oh, well they can do indefinitely, well more, not quite indefinitely. They need to check oils and things. But because they can mid airy fuel, so they'll have the tankers, the aerial tankers up there at strategic places and so they can just keep topping up their fuel and they can keep going. So no, they didn't stop and land anywhere. They just kept going.
Speaker 41: My two questions do they have auto pilot?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 41: And how do they work with sleep? I mean, you know, they probably don't publish a lot of information, but how have they about sleeping.
Speaker 6: They'll have more than one pilot on board, and the autopilot is there just to relieve our workload. We still monitor the autopilot and say, for instance, if you know, one of us needs to pop out to the bathroom or what have you, the other pilot will still be there and monitoring the autopilot. So we program all the bits and pieces into it that we need speeds and altitudes and that type of thing, and then we don't just sort of let it do its thing, because of course technology is not perfect.
Speaker 7: So I mean, on the B two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would have.
Speaker 6: A similar kind of system, so you don't hand fly the thing the whole way, so they would have it programmed.
Speaker 41: How does the dunny situation work? They've only got two on board? Yeah, I can't really walk out the door, can they know?
Speaker 6: Well, they'd have one, they'd have one. I'm not sure what the crew is, whether they'd have on the longer flights, they'd probably have more than two, and one just sort of in the crew rest. But yeah, they certainly have a They certainly have a bathroom there, and you only need while they're in the crew Certainly, while they were on the mission it would have been all hands on deck. But while they're in the crews on the way over and back, one of them could pop out and go to the bathroom or have a break or have a meal. And I suspect there would have probably been a third who could hop in the seat, so that there's always two on board. That's what we always used to have in when I flew the jumbos, there was always well, in fact, because we had a flight engineer, there are always three of us on the flight deck at any one time, and some people would pop out and have their break and someone else will pop and sit in the seat. So there was always a full compliment of through good.
Speaker 41: I hope they have a stewardess that chosen.
Speaker 3: No, sadly, sadly not.
Speaker 6: They have to figure out their own microwave instructions, which you know probably yeah, could have ended in tears, but I'm sure they would have. Probably all the food groups there like fried chicken and hamburgers and hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Will rest the short these people, not that we want to. These people are highly skilled, oh my, highly trained. So you know whether they have a pee or whether they eat, They know exactly who, how why when? Incredibly disciplined. Yeah, absolutely good on you, thank you for that. It's always good to talk to you there over there in Slovakia. Will do this when we come back. More of your cours come and jordis so plenty room on the board. You'll get through wonderuble three six nine just while you're laying in bed you might be working, of course, this time of the morn anywhere right around Australia could be three IW here in Melbourne, ACE Radio network as well through Victoria five Double A and Adelaide and six PR in Perth for those who are working, might be long in bed just listening to the radio wherever you it's nice to have your company. We coulet you know maximum alert issue too. Also, Nathan isn't a US air base in Iraq.
Speaker 6: As well as in Qatar, so it looks as though they might be the Iranians might be performing some sort of multiple strike on the US bases in the region.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: First RAF evacuation flight carrying about sixty three British nationals and dependents leaving Israel for Cyprus.
Speaker 6: So yeah, there are a lot of evacuations going on on both sides. I think the Australian government's looking at getting Australian or Irani Australians and Israeli Australians out of the area if people wish to leave, hopefully they still can.
Speaker 3: Yes, we would hope that's the case. One double three six nine three play room on the board. You get through STRAIGHTA why are you going to stay for another few minutes with us? Tell the news and then you've got important people to talk to. Did you ever, Well, we have and we'll cross over to Indo. Brady in the UK as well. Were you a great fan as I was of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Yes, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Would they just fantastic?
Speaker 6: They were, indeed, but they ended up becoming quite acrimonious. But in their latter years they sort of buried the hatchet and I think they became they were on good terms again.
Speaker 3: It was a very funny piece. I think it was Frank Sinatra that orchestrated that memory. Yes, that's all right, got them back together again eventually, Yeah, but as a team. Yes, this was the day that they broke up. What year would you have said that they broke up in before you and I are, Oh yeah, fifty six? Oh good, good, fifty six. Wow. They didn't speak to one another for at least twenty years, and then that feud briefly ended when Frank Boordine onto the stage at one of Lewis's telethons. Oh that's right, because he did a lot of work for muscular dystrophy. I think it may have been raised a lot, Yes, raised a lot of money. And then I think, having watched that clip a couple of times, the line was and I can't remember whether it was Dean or whether it was Jerry. I think Jerry looked at Dean and simply said, so you're working, which was a great line, which was just a lovely line. So you got much you're working. It would have been very a very awkward moment. It was a little bit. It was funny and that was their genius, that sentence, and we fell in love with them all over again.
Speaker 6: Alison ab and Costello the same on such good terms.
Speaker 3: And there are many people in broadcasts that work very closely together and just lowe each other, not us, Allison. No, Alison, I don't know about you. I like you, Ellison in a thank you for being the good morning Ellison.
Speaker 34: Good morning to you by hey Allison.
Speaker 37: Hello.
Speaker 27: Just two little questions.
Speaker 34: Are you a fan of a ferret? And can you tell me anything bad about them? Because I've heard they are really quite good to have his pad And my other question is is it legal to own a donkey in the city.
Speaker 6: You'd have to look at your council by laws, but obviously you need to have some sort of paddic at the back before you can before you can have it.
Speaker 3: There certainly used to be people that.
Speaker 6: Would keep horses and goats and things around the place, So I would suggest as long as there's an appropriate enclosure for it, that it's probably legal to do so, so that's your second question. Ferrets are rather an acquiet taste. I've found they can be. They're very nippy. They tend to be quite nippy, and obviously they're escape artists, so you'd have to be careful and you have to get scent gland removes and things because otherwise they can smell and they sit somewhere between a cat and a dog, so when you vaccinate them, you have to vaccinate them against cat diseases as well as dog diseases, because they can come down with both. But I certainly know some people that have had them and love them. But you know there are people who have pet rats and that type of thing as well. So I think it just depends on what sort of pet you're after and whether or not it's going to suit your lifestyle, and whether you've got appropriate enclosures and things for them so they won't escape.
Speaker 3: Allison, hope that helps a little bit. We've got to do this news not far away. Nathan Kosh is leaving the building. Thank you for your wonderful contribution for the last few hours. Pleasure.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me, and thank you everybody for listening in, calling, writing, or whatever you're doing.
Speaker 3: Or sleeping and texting into all of the Yeah, and we'll see you. It's one of the mornings next week hopefully, Yes, Okay, thank you. We're going to cover what looks to be pretty fronding attack US spaces in Guitar and Iraq. We'll keep you up to date as we go through the morning. Australia Overnight.
Speaker 5: Is Australia Overnight with Tarny McManus.
Speaker 3: Nathan Kosh has left the building. Therefore we're going to miss out on some of those people that send through emails and or text. Nathan will be joining us again one morning next week. Next week you will be with us the much loved Nathan Akosh, who is a quantitypilot and a vet well and truly a much loved part of the Australia Overnight program. Now we'll keep you up to date as this situation in the Middle. We can tell you based on we're watching a couple of screens coming in I run confirming attacks on US spaces. Now in Qatar and Iraq, we've got our very own Gabriel Hodson who's monitoring that by the moment and as it unfolds, we'll come into the studio and keep everybody right across Australia updated as we go. It's really the pictures are extraordinary For those that are not near a screen, the pictures are extraordinary in that it's difficult to sometimes work out what is being repeated and repeated and repeated and what is just going completely live. But it looks as if a lot of the missiles are being shot down, but it's hard to tell from the distance. Let's take a couple of calls before the chook Leo, morning.
Speaker 27: Good morning.
Speaker 3: You going all that well? Thank you, Leo? What about yourself?
Speaker 27: Yet a little bit worried? Tell you what's going on oversee?
Speaker 3: You know, I think we're all a bit concerned, to say the least, Leo, because you and I have not been through a situation quite like this. No in okills, different kind get work.
Speaker 27: Couldn't get worse.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't know. Let's let's pray that that's not the case, Leo. But we have no idea. This is this is new and foreign to many of us. There are people listening from around Australia now that would have come from certainly war torn devastated areas in the past. This just feels a bit different.
Speaker 27: Anyway, I tell you, I just want to change the subject a bit please. I went to I went to the doctors yesterday.
Speaker 3: To the doctor. To the doctor, you did go And what did he say?
Speaker 27: And I said, you my thing, I've got food palling.
Speaker 3: I think I've got some food poisoning.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I hate something. It might be put and gave me a stomach hate. Yeah, and it might be food poising me.
Speaker 3: This sounds like a gag coming. I reckon, go on, it's have a look, you know, you have a look.
Speaker 27: Then he said to me, and he said, what have you been eating the last twenty four hours? Oh, said I grabit sandwiches for lunch.
Speaker 3: Rabbit rabbit sandwiches for lunch, and rabbit stew for tea, rabbit stew for tea. So he had bunny for lunch, bunny for.
Speaker 27: Tea, he said. He said to me, said, you don't need me. You need a ferrot.
Speaker 3: You need a ferret.
Speaker 35: You get it.
Speaker 3: I do, Thank you. It was worthwhile waiting for too. By the way, now you're a great fan of the Easy Beats. Did you do you remember the Easy Beats over the years. Leo Friday in my mind, Friday on their mind was a massive song. Well only because the Great Bill Armstrong, who you may or may not be familiar with. But here in Melbourne was Armstrong Studios and Bill Armstrong was the founder of Australia's most famous studios back in the day. South Melbourne Studios opened in nineteen sixty five and literally thousands of acts during that time, both Australian and international used the studio. It was really people like John Farnham, you remember John Farnham used that. I think he was accompanied by the worrying vacuum belonging to missus Cook, the Sadie Lady of Sadie Lady Sadie, the cleaning lady that was there. Molly Meldrum produced the real Thing inside that studio at Bill Armstrong Studios, and the great band the Easy Beats went into the studio Armstrong Studios and recorded this.
Speaker 5: I would come back the small him all.
Speaker 1: The girl was not inside.
Speaker 31: I've been looking.
Speaker 42: It's very well.
Speaker 5: The money is dude.
Speaker 42: If they like that, she's so bad, she said, oh she's she's a burning no, but she would burning gods still she lives a ving up, handle the warm and love the level before because oh.
Speaker 12: My love, she's got wet.
Speaker 42: She's so bad.
Speaker 3: She said, look.
Speaker 42: Maybe, but she's up. He's a burning Normogy would burner?
Speaker 6: Where did she know by?
Speaker 42: Where did she know how she went boun the ball?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 42: Now about she does?
Speaker 12: She don.
Speaker 3: A b and know how?
Speaker 42: But she went bad? All don't go Yeah, she knows.
Speaker 3: How she went boun Oh that's all. What a song? Easy beats. That's what the recorded the Mstrongs Studios and the great mister Armstrong. Bill Armstrong, who's not enjoying great health at the moment. I hope he's up and listening, is having a birthday today at ninety six. Bill, you were highly thought of as survivors last Saturday at the lunch. People missed you being there, Katar. No casualties in attacks in the US space at this stage being reported. We'll keep you up today as we go through the morning. End of Brady in the UK will be next. It's a Tuesday morning Australia overnight, which means we catch up with the one and only Grady. Good morning on a Tuesday and a Thursday morning, and a good morning to you Morning, Coy. How are you when we sit here in front of screens now around the world and reminder of those first time that we could possibly do that. And I'm thinking it goes back probably to that very first when you talk about what somebody like Peter Jennings, I think on America's ab see those nine to eleven attacks in two thousand and then even part of that in nineteen ninety, those first things that we could see happening live, and now in a sense, we're seeing it again right now this very.
Speaker 43: Moment, just watching what's going on over the skies of Captar as Iran launches this attack on an American air base called Aluded. I've actually been there. It's in the middle of nowhere. It's a big dust bowl in the desert, but they've an awful lot of kiss men and women and equipment there, the Americans. It's huge, and I think if anything happens to an American soldier in the next few hours, God help me. Iron, I think it's going to get even worse. But you're right, Tony watching it all, you know, people filming on mobile phones, all the footage coming in. It is extraordinary. The technology turnaround in terms of how the media get these stories out nowadays compared to what they used to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, part of which is what we're doing right now, and I guess and the challenge for each and every one of us remains to make sure that when we're making any commentary about it, that it is in fact real, that it is the truth and it's not something that you know, we're not clear about before even talking about it.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 43: Look, there's huge responsibility on the media to get the information correct, but it's finding the new ones I think in everything. So part of me wonders, has there been some back channel communication between the Iranians and the Americans saying, look, we need to save face, we need to do something after what happened over the weekend. To us, we love a few rockets off you intercept them and we'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's just it's a challenging time for the world. Let's look what's happening in your part of the world. With Nigel Faraj, she's moved ahead of Staman now in some of the polls.
Speaker 43: By nine percentage points. So this is a big opinion poll at the weekend. If there was an election in the morning a general election. Remember we're four years away from one now, so we're just coming up to the first one year anniversary of ker Stamer being Prime Minister, and he's going backwards.
Speaker 7: In the polls.
Speaker 43: Starmer's Labor Party are on twenty five percent and this Reform UK Party led by Nigel Forraj they've only got four other politicians in Parliament, so it's Foras and four others. They're now on thirty four percent, so they're surging ahead and a lot of people are talking about him and Forag is hamming it up and saying he wants to be the next prime minister and he's putting a plan in place and he's getting candidates. Look hits a very very small political party he has, but clearly I think there's huge disillusionment when you speak to people across the UK. They're unhappy with the two party system that has been there forever. Conservatives, by the way, now polling just fifty percent. The leader is a woman called Kemy Badenoch and you really have to be interested in UK politics to have ever heard of her. You never see her on the TV, you don't hear her on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's wonder to watch your pro Palestine group that's caused tens of millions of dollars of damage to ourf JITs. Why who win?
Speaker 43: So we don't know who they are, but we know what their mission is. They're called Palestine Action. They've just been banned by the UK government in the last couple of hours, so this is a big domestic story today. What happened over the weekend was at least two of them broke into an RAF base in Oxfordshire, RAF Brice Norton. They just basically got through a fence from what I could see on the footage. They filmed it themselves. They had converted fire extinguishers to carry red paint and they've damaged several aircraft. Now we're hearing that some of the engines can't be fixed. So this is tens of millions of dollars worth of kit written off by the Royal Air Force. Police investigation underway. I would imagine there will be a military investigation as to quite who was in charge of security on that airfield over the weekend. And now in response, the UK government has made them a proscribed organization. So that's basically the same as any criminal or terrorist group shocking damage done to those aircraft. And you know, more problems today around Westminster because they tried to have a rally. The police moved in and thirteen of them got arrested.
Speaker 3: Thirteen only arrested.
Speaker 43: Yeah, yeah, pretty quick reaction by the police, all off the back of the government today basically having enough of these people and saying right, you're now banned.
Speaker 3: How are you coping with the hot weather?
Speaker 43: Yes, it's been you know what, a little bit cooler today. I was in London Town. The tube was bearable, certainly a lot better than it was on Wednesday and Thursday last week when it was pushing thirty celsius. It's been wonderful, Tony, I won't lie. It's been great to see the sun shining, kids out everyone and joining themselves. I feel sorry for the kids because they're still in school for it for the four weeks, believe it or not, but it's great England sunshining. Glastonbury Festival this weekend, Wimbledon coming up, English summer, there's cricket and life is good.
Speaker 3: You going to Glastonbury.
Speaker 43: You could not pay me to go to Glastonbury, Tonly, come on, you know me, I like my comforts. I like knowing that there is cold beer in the fridge and I don't have to queue for it. I'm gonna watch it on the TV. I like knowing that I can pop to my bathroom and I don't have to queue for it, and it is spotlessly clean. And I like sleeping in a lovely clean bed with crisp, clean cotton sheets. Camping and all that muck and all those people and all that overpriced food and drink. I'm sure Glastonbury is amazing, but then you couldn't drag me there.
Speaker 3: It'd be one to do before we drop off this mortal coil.
Speaker 31: Oh.
Speaker 43: Do you know what, maybe if it was a v T day out and you didn't have to spend five hours in traffic, and you had to fly down in a helicopter and you had an air conditioned big what's they call them yorks? You know, these big kind of wigwam type like a Marquee, Yeah, a Marquee, and it was air conditioned and it was I'm talking like euro millions winning level of Tony and.
Speaker 3: A couple of lazy boy chairs yeah.
Speaker 43: Yeah, and open john in front of you literally ten meters away with a piano then I might consider it, but for now I think the TV is every bit as good. But good luck to all the youngsters and the ulsters heading down there.
Speaker 3: Where is that a young, enthusiastic, young reporter inquiring about anything that I once knew.
Speaker 43: Turned into a grumpy old man Tony well thought.
Speaker 3: To see who will talk again on Thursday. It's a great end of Brady in there to see you by Qatar air defenses. He decept a tax. Now on this US base, it would look as if, as Ender pointed out, it's probably looks like gotta be careful what I say here. I guess it looks like a tit for Tatten. At this stage, nothing has happened, but the warnings are out there, but it's hard to tell because we're only getting the one frame, which is being just repeated over and over. When we do this, when we come back, we will take your calls. You need a fridge in England to keep stuff cold? A question? My good point, and I love it when into there's been a heat way. Oh it's been a heat wave, temperatures thirty and thirty one. He knows better than that. Not as a's not a day over there. We will do this when we come back to your calls, Covin join us wonderuble three six nine three. It is Australia overnight. Good morning to you. Got the cereal on the way not too far. Stay with us for Australia overnight and one of the birthdays we might a little piece of I don't want to spoil it, but arguably one of the great bands the world's ever known and much loved. So we'll do that in just a moment as well. And as I said, the serial leaves up for grabs shortly. Brendan and Malburgh.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning, Tony, hell are you rand well?
Speaker 3: Thank you and yourself.
Speaker 18: The leader of the leader of.
Speaker 41: The the.
Speaker 18: Leader of the Victorian. Gracious Jasmine. I can't remember the last time with the interviewed by Tom Williott Yester morning on the on the.
Speaker 3: Tom ill Elliott at Morning program here on three w Yeah.
Speaker 18: And she she couldn't answer a straight question, I mean, who are they going to go after a short as well? Are they going to go after America? They're going to go after all the Western all the Western She was actually she wouldn't answer the question. I mean, but they had no like to take to take far weapons that are around around. Found nothing bad. I can't get either help.
Speaker 3: Brendan, I didn't. I didn't hear the interview, and I wish I had of now that you were say that. It's often it's often put that a politician doesn't answer the question. And you hear that. I've heard that for decades and decades and decades. It's a curious. It's a curiosity to me. Is it that they don't answer the question or they don't give the answer for which the person is looking totally both a combination of both. So in other words, yeah, and so it becomes yes, So it becomes a frustration to people because they're not asking the question. They're asking the question, and they're not ness necessarily getting the answer either they expect or certainly that the audience is probably expecting. And people get a little cheesed off about.
Speaker 9: It seeing.
Speaker 20: The direct question.
Speaker 3: Yeah and so, and some of these people are highly skilled with me. It's skilled with me. They have people are surrounding them teaching them, training how to make the point without over committing. Because either and or it can be used against them. So in a sense, it can be a you know, a no win and That's why sometimes they go, well, we don't need to do the interview because it's we don't get anything out of it as a politician. So it's a game. It's a game. It's always been their brand. And I'm not too sure what the answer is, but like you had to pease off people, I get it.
Speaker 18: I'm one more thing before. Yeah, I looked around the corner from this protest I had on Sunday outside the American Embassy on Sintil Road, and I didn't that they were so double faking.
Speaker 32: To them.
Speaker 7: Around was the victim.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are many people around the world that see that. I mean, you and I don't, but there are many people that do.
Speaker 18: Where there was a lady one hundred years ago during the Second World Watery would have been tried for treason.
Speaker 3: They would have been tried for treason. Yes, what because they were sympathizers.
Speaker 16: Oh it sounds more collaborator collaborator.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. I'd have to think about that for a moment, Brendan as to whether or not they would have been tried for treason in Australia. Until the best of my knowledge, you are permitted to have a view in a democracy. You are me to have a view? Is it always palatable to many of us? No, But one of the joys is that you are to have a view. When you look at some of the countries about which we are talking at the moment, you're not permitted to have any views, and you can be crushed for holding a view. And we don't want that in our community. I wouldn't have thought, would you, And so it's a really fine line. We've got to get that. We've got to preserve that for ourselves. Brent, always good to chat. Thank you for that. In Sunshine care.
Speaker 28: Good morning, Good morning, tiny mate.
Speaker 3: How are you traveling?
Speaker 28: Yeah, not too bad. How are yours hanging?
Speaker 3: Oh? You know, just just about the same.
Speaker 28: The bvd's the Lord gam.
Speaker 3: That's right next to myself. I like my bvd's best order and the D stand more now idea. I'm thinking, well, look at that BVD. We're thinking it was a great brand that was advertised I think by Newton many years ago. What you're talking will see what what was the BVD underwear? If you put BVD underwear and the origins of the v D underwear, what did it stand?
Speaker 28: A bloody box?
Speaker 3: Now and fruit of the Loom was the other one. What was Fruit of the Loom underwear?
Speaker 28: Not for gentlemen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Fruit of the Loom made some great gentleman's underwear.
Speaker 28: Okay, mate, Bruce points, if I may please the British correspondent that likes to do the marathon runs in with his name again breeding it sounds like wild Horses definitely couldn't drag himTo aforementioned music festival. He loves his mod cons that much. But when when that phrase couldn't drag me fell off his lips. Whenever I hear it, I always think of my favorite English rock band of all time, right going back right to the Dark Ages, and I was wondering whether you could give for wild Horses a run.
Speaker 3: Wild Horses are by the Stones, that's the one. It's a great track. We might do it. We won't be able to do it before the serial, but you're right, it is a wonderful piece, you know, just in terms of dragging.
Speaker 28: But lastly, mate, if I may send a few cheerios, you sure may out to Joan from Endeavor Hills.
Speaker 3: Please hello Journey. She was on the program with me yesterday.
Speaker 28: The Footscray Boys, Arthur and Jim Ardie and Jimmy Constance from Karen, I've got.
Speaker 3: To get onto this Facebook page. It sounds like there's a little party that goes on when I'm not there.
Speaker 28: The high and the low performance groups. Yeah, Constance from Karen.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the high and low performance group?
Speaker 28: Ah, it's pretty intuitive.
Speaker 3: But Billy from Inverlock, Billy from Inverlock, and Nate and Nathan from dol.
Speaker 28: Scott knows where.
Speaker 3: Good on you mate, We're just doing a little researcher whilst you've been talking. Starting in eighteen seventy six, have a listened to this. You'll love this and this is why we have great people like Jay starting in eighteen seventy six. BVD has always believed to be extraordinary, has never been about extravagance. They've been around long enough to know that the measure of quality is in its simplicity. After all, don't you love this? They've churned this out beautifully. They've had politicians writing this underwear should be straightforward by design, then honed and crafted over time to deliver everything a man could need. Whatever that is that's John John Oh. I think there's a combination of both that's why Bved has never been more enamored. Isn't that gorgeous? Enamored? The superficial fads of mere underwear. Everyone knows it's what's underneath that really counts. See cav In that great So for the good of all men, maybe even all of mankind, stop wearing underwear and start wearing the VD. Yes that brilliant copy, the cereals on the way, it's all part of Australia Overnight, good morning. We can do better than that with this. He's a birthday boy today I speak of Mick Fleetwood. Mick Fleetwood is a birthday boy. He was born in Cornwall. Ever mean to that Cornwall at Cornwall? And he is seventy eight today. Fleetwood Fleetwood Mac. And when you think about it, the drummer with Fleetwood Mac Mick and bass guitarist John mcvee, the only two people originals the rest of gorn Sky when you think about it, the biggest selling albums Fleetwood Mac Rumors and of tours A tusk we loved us. Where do you think the great Fleetwood Mac would live? Jay? If you were Fleetwood Mac, if you were Mick Fleetwood, where would you live? I reckon somewhere in California. It's not far away, but not even close Haaii. He lives in Hawaii and he's been there for a long time. Loves it. But of course his house sadly was burnt down in the Hawaii wildfires. But he's been there for a long time. When we come back here, plenty of time for your calls. Come and join the other side.
Speaker 5: Now this is a stradio Urban Eyes with Tony.
Speaker 3: Mcmas only by request. Play a little bit of this before we get it. Julian back, Jimmy.
Speaker 42: Is he.
Speaker 3: Want to about damn for years?
Speaker 42: Read this?
Speaker 5: Lessen you know?
Speaker 3: You know ur slot bar?
Speaker 44: Wow, Wow, acoustic guitars.
Speaker 3: J just great. YouTube's carve out. I mean it's so clear we live in times of anxiety. Whether this is helpful or not. YouTube's carve out from Australia's landmark social media and on users under sixteen could be scrapped, would be scrapped. Under push from E Safety Commissioner Julie Inman grat now her advice on the draft rule sent to the Comms Minister Anika Wells. Last week comes a new survey to Australian kids reveals YouTube is the most frequently cited platform for harmful content. Interesting. You know, see I look, I mean all of us these days. Look at YouTube. I remember going to YouTube when it was just a twinkle in the founder's age. Now it's big. There's not too much you can't do on the YouTube don't but it's the times have well and truly changed. You get to YouTube if you for example, if I was looking to do an inquiry about a new watch release, where do I go YouTube? Excuse me? If I'm looking for bit of mild light entertainment before you're not off to sleep? Where do you go? YouTube? Only? Because it's easy, it's quick, and you get those little snippets of bits and pieces which can be quite amusing and put you in a good mood for whatever you might be doing at that time. One double three six' nine? Three what do you? Watch where do you go? To what are the little projects on which you work and you use YouTube to get? There you know it might be you're looking to fix, Something you're looking to repair, something which is the same as fix. Something you're looking to find out more information about a particular issue or. Product you go to. YouTube what's the one that you have gone to recently one double three six nine Three julian, morning good.
Speaker 7: Morning you were talking about that Core field hardware, store remember yesterday and we were.
Speaker 3: Where He that property, apparently according to many, textures as, said is up for grabs and could be worth a fair.
Speaker 7: Bit Now i'd go back long before, him there was a big hardwarest a hardware the big store as you come into The caulfield railway. Station That's Soul. Timber it's now a block of apartments who are on our way by car through. There, NOW i don't know whether it had the same relation to the famous Footballer bob c H i t t WHY i thought he played For. Richmond AND i don't know Whether Bob kitty had anything to do with the hardware. Business could you find?
Speaker 3: Out somebody will let us know whether or not they were in any way related whilst you're. Talking somebody will let us. Know so it Was Bob chitty and you think it was a hardware.
Speaker 7: Store, there what the hardware Was, Timber, Timber.
Speaker 3: Timber, store and whether or not they were, so whether A Bob jitty it was The hawthorne. Player is that what you're asking right? Now?
Speaker 7: Horrigan are settled by? Them all on the railway. Line they've been there for years and, years supplying firewood for people behind more than.
Speaker 3: Central, YES i know it really, well so they're still? There are they really been?
Speaker 7: There and also, remember of course On world Of sport the big big chopped wood topic they used to have Topic Jack.
Speaker 3: O'tour it was the odd tool. Family it was not just the. One there was lots of the Odd tool family that were. There it seemed like almost Every sunday there was an old tool.
Speaker 7: There that's right, NOW i go back years ago also to the early days OF. Tv you'd, remember of course car dealers were sung by the late Smeck if it's given down by the river, SIDE i don't know which warm company it, was Smack off it's given use of.
Speaker 15: Singa what for one of the car?
Speaker 3: Firms did he down by the?
Speaker 7: Riverside down by the?
Speaker 3: Riverside how would that have linked into a car? Dealership though at the time.
Speaker 7: Used to be his. Banjo he died nineteen seventy. Nine was a Great maggie Fit skibbon WHO i think she died only recently someone did an. Eloquence she was a star of A london. Stage he also worked With ronnies With Ronnie Barker Ronnie corbett writing a PLoP musical revival of the voice of Sirh accused by what. Does, also the most familiar person who was always all over OUR tv Was stanley Alan esta From ticknie And John's We.
Speaker 3: Love You Step yes we Do. Stanley i've forgotten About. Stanley, yeah just going back to the Two Ronnie, coincidentally talking of, YouTube i happened to have a little spare moment and watched a very funny clip of the Two ronnies THAT i hadn't. Seen and that's the glory of about. YouTube i guess you can go and you can have a look at something anythink She i've never ever seen, That and it was brilliantly, written, beautifully so simply executed between the two of, them and all all these years, later it still produces a.
Speaker 7: Smile, yeah that's interesting you say, that HOW i doesn't want to. Know are there any ice works left In? Melbourne i'm sure there was an iceberg ice works left In moreland. SOMEWHERE i don't know where it. Was are there any ice works? Still let some people still buy?
Speaker 3: ICE i reckon there. Was, see that's an interesting question. TOO i reckon there was? One was there one On Burke?
Speaker 7: ROAD i think it could be? Right exactly where was?
Speaker 3: It down? There down there Past Saint Rock's? CHURCH i, reckon is that?
Speaker 7: Worth isn't?
Speaker 38: It?
Speaker 3: Well there, Was it's probably not there. Now but somebody will remind us of ice works In? Melbourne where would they? Be if you know one around the? Place one double three six nine three you'll get on straight? Away one double three six nine? Three what else you got for, Us, JULIAN.
Speaker 7: I don't know what else could you think? Of any coming back? AGAIN i know how many times they brought back the same shows and bring BACK i mean we like to see something, new, perhaps, well.
Speaker 3: Yes we, do but we've got to remember that the people that have maybe eighteen twenty, four thirty, four forty two may have never seen, it never seen. IT i saw a first or second.
Speaker 7: TIME i Saw annie In, london and THAT i think the Best Miss annigan Was Jill. PERRYMAN i met Kill perriman a few. Times she's just had her ninety thir.
Speaker 3: BIRTHDAY i, believe, yeah she may well. Have and let me assure you could well be listening to this via six pr In, perth and for those that don't, Know Jill perriman was one of the all time great musical performers In australia for many a long year and she could have.
Speaker 7: Been a big starr At under two In New. York Couldn't And Nancy hayes you don't do much Of Nancy hayes.
Speaker 3: Anymore, well both of them. Were both of them were just quite. Amazing, julian it's always good you throw it out there and we'll get lots of calls with people trying to answer some of those. Questions when we come, back plenty of time for your. Calls come and join us the other side Of australia. Overnight fascinating find out how many people in this audience are really, keen whether you be In South, australia whether you be IN wa certainly here In Melbourne, town right Throughout. Victoria how many people are thrilled to think that they might get to see later this year AC. Dc NOW i know THREE A. W bricky has done a lot on that talking about. It they had The Big world what they call, it The world not The World. Championships forgive, me they do it better than. That like you, know they're looking for the best songs if you, like ultimately from AC, dc and they do it so beautifully and then it came down to two of the most favorite songs and the rest of that is. History but obviously there's been a stack of media About. Akadaka i'll be fascinated to find out how many people are going to try and get on on board and pay three hundred plus for a ticket in coming. DAYS acd, fans are you? There Akkadaca Buller Buller buller one double three six nine. Three, moldy moldy Old dough was a great piece of. Music moldy rentals is also an issue in the paper. Today twenty percent Of australian rentals have moldy, bathrooms according to a survey you know they Survey. Tenants research from The Australian council Of Social services says The university Of New South wales found on top of the moldy, bathrooms seventy percent of tenants are too scared to us for a repair just because they think their rent will go up if they ask for the rental. Goer just, sad, really that's that's the sort Of australia that we've come to that's the sort of thing that we fear because if we complain that we're living in a property with moldy, bathrooms the rent will go. Up isn't that just a microcosm of The australia in which we live? Now people are scared to complain about having the bathroom not full of. Mold just, crazier you, know bizarre to. Me let's take some of these great Calls, jimmy good, morning.
Speaker 8: Good, Morning tony And?
Speaker 28: Jay about?
Speaker 3: YouTube what have you been watching on?
Speaker 8: It, well that's not WHY i.
Speaker 3: Rang, oh that's not Why jimmy. Rang, Ladyes jimmy didn't ring for? That why did you? Ring Jim.
Speaker 8: First of, All i'll just tell you WHAT i have been. Watching i've been watching a lot of music, clips things about animals in the last three or four, weeks And i've been watching the wrestling, matches and the last two or three, weeks every Week i've been picking my Favorite western starting off With Clint. Eastwood i've watched the three or four of them the last three weeks Every thursday And, friday and a few other. Things but WHAT i ran, FOR i don't know if you remember last week you're speaking to a lady about this time THAT i was asking you About shintuddle The. Samurai if it's still. Alive AND i can't remember the lady's, NAME i don't know if you, remember but if she's, Listening shintuddle of The samurai is still.
Speaker 3: Alive, Yeah shintado is still well and truly. Alive, jimmy thank you for that wonderful piece of. Information. Appreciated mark's instilled, Morning, Mark Mark.
Speaker 45: Markey that was a home hardware timber joined on the corner Of inkoman And balaclava for many a.
Speaker 3: Year inkerman And. Balaclava well done.
Speaker 46: You, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah right, now let's get to the.
Speaker 7: Topic all, right let's go.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 45: Now you know how That detaina was released and kill killed that nice gentleman to an inch of his life and he passed away a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Ago, Okay, well we've got to be a bit careful, here so, well well you hang, on hang on a. Second let's just wind that down Because i'm really not keen to talk about cases that maybe before the, courts so AND i stress that BECAUSE i don't want to go to. Prison. Mark it's all very well to say that it is, okay But i'm the one that could go to. PRISON a man has been charged and therefore we've got to be very very. CAREFUL i hope you understand.
Speaker 33: That.
Speaker 3: Mark i'll put you back on here well when you say you realize, it But i'm not too sure that you. Do so if you're if you'll gently make the point without mentioning any other names.
Speaker 45: Alleged who's going to take responsibil for what immigration minister that led him?
Speaker 3: Out well, Again, mark that will be for the authorities to work. Through so we might have to leave it there BECAUSE i don't want to really go into those. Issues it's just too Dangerous mark to even given that there are other sections of the media that are already in a bit of strife for making references to other criminal courts that are going on at the. Moment AND i don't want. TO i don't want to go to prison AND i don't want to have to go to meetings and. Tribunals So, Marky i'm. SORRY i don't make the rules, them just the. RULES Ponsi Ashburton Morning Fine.
Speaker 7: Tony there was a wood based of ice works In Glen Parry, ray just near the corner Of maulvin.
Speaker 3: And that's the One i'm probably thinking. Of, yes So glenferry Malven.
Speaker 19: Road it was next news agent and he got to forty in that's. It you got a block of arts or you've got bags of that's.
Speaker 3: It so, gee that goes back a, Bit. Ponsie, yeah that was.
Speaker 7: Back in the.
Speaker 19: Sixties it would be only, seventies it was still.
Speaker 3: There, yeah probably when we were at school around that. AREA i seem to recall late, sixties very early. Seventies the blocks of us were.
Speaker 31: Fantastic you've got him and you've got a pwe and you sat and went flying.
Speaker 7: DOWN i was going for.
Speaker 3: Right oh that's, Right, yes.
Speaker 26: What?
Speaker 8: Fun that was, fantastic what?
Speaker 3: Fun yes You i'd forgotten about.
Speaker 7: That, yeah it was great, talk good.
Speaker 3: Time so everything okay in your? World, Ponds, yeah very good play of health the other.
Speaker 19: Day oh.
Speaker 3: Good please to hear, That please to hear it all. Time well, done all, right keep in. Touch good to see you come up on the. Board Jan In, Michaelford, morning.
Speaker 47: Jan, Morning Anthony.
Speaker 3: Robins, Well i'm taking a big deep. BREATH i hate Because marcus is always welcome on this, program But i've just got to protect the radio station and preict me BECAUSE i don't want to go to some. Tribunal i'm not too sure that everybody necessarily understands, that but it is so critical when things are before, courts it's just not.
Speaker 47: Worthwhile you can't say anything some do to. Say that's not WHY i.
Speaker 3: Ran why did you, Ring? Jane why did?
Speaker 47: You because earlier TONIGHT i heard a caller talking about The High Performance club and The Low Performance club and you seem to express some.
Speaker 16: Amusement, WELL i didn't quite.
Speaker 3: UNDERSTAND i didn't understand the. Reference so please explain if you, yeah.
Speaker 47: Go, well When tony mostly ran, overnight he had the high performance and The low performance and he And, bianca of course was his.
Speaker 38: Master of.
Speaker 31: Arts and.
Speaker 47: So anyone who agreed With bianca got put into The Low performance, club and if anyone agreed With, tony they could put into The High Performance clubin how it, worked can you get a certain number of?
Speaker 16: Points AND.
Speaker 47: I, MEAN i said to him one, night it seems That i'm in both clubs because IF i say something that you, like you give. Me it used to have a, ward you, know gold coin and silver, coin and you know you've got a certain number of gold. Coins you ended right at the top of The High Performance.
Speaker 30: Club, okay so that's what that.
Speaker 3: WAS i, SEE i was not familiar with that little. Benchmark isn't that a good way to do?
Speaker 10: It but talk about, ICE.
Speaker 47: I remember when the horse had cart used to bring the ice around In north det to my grandmother's, house and it'd Be hessian bag hanging over the ice and the ice man would hop the ice off the cart with a, hook whack it on his shoulder with The hessian bag around, it run into the house and put the ice block Into grandma's ice.
Speaker 16: Chest she didn't have a.
Speaker 3: Refrigerator, oh the ice, chest, Yes and The hessian bag thing rings a bell as.
Speaker 30: Well and the ice works was not terribly far.
Speaker 47: Away obviously they couldn't have the ice going around the streets for. Hours so it was somewhere In alphington Or, northcote AND i can't remember quite. WHERE i can picture it in my, head BUT i can't remember the.
Speaker 35: Streets.
Speaker 3: Now would you, recall AND i mean this with great love and, affection would you recall when the how do we put? It when the other horse and cart would come past her to take out away the you know what in the middle of the.
Speaker 47: Night, yes, Well northcote was very. Sophisticated it actually had sewage to the early but DID i do remember When grandma still had the? Pan BUT i was very. Young northcote has. Sewage, however WHERE i grew, up which Was, greensborough we didn't have sewage until the.
Speaker 23: Sixties oh so was that?
Speaker 13: Late mm.
Speaker 3: Hmm and up until, then what do you remember was a little and so somebody would come past and pick it up on a regular. Basis, yeah was there a lane way back in those? Days did you have a lane?
Speaker 47: Way, Well, NORTHCOT i Mean greensboro was very open, country so we had a lane way which the baker's cart came up with the horse and.
Speaker 30: Cart and.
Speaker 13: But But.
Speaker 47: Dad and his neighbors built themselves septic, tanks so we didn't have the nightcat still used to come up the low to another, neighbor but three of the more sophisticated people had septic.
Speaker 3: TAKES i love the way you say, that AND i reckon jan it'd be an interesting thing to do a bit of talkback for people right across the three states Of south A, STRALIA wa And, victoria of, course where those great properties that had lane ways post war lane ways at the back of their home growing up that had those lane. Ways and for what other purpose were those laneways? Used?
Speaker 47: Well playing tour.
Speaker 3: Probably there was a lot of. That that's the point That i'm trying to. MAKE i think it would have been more than just for delivery services or removal. Services it would have been for kicking a. Footy you would have done that in the laneways in those.
Speaker 15: Days oh, Yeah and.
Speaker 47: Cricket pictures and cricket pictures are, great.
Speaker 3: They were just. Fantastic jan thank. You The Iceman? Cometh did you get that up and get those? Stories so look at. This The Iceman cometh was a play written by The american Playwright usually O'Neill in nineteen thirty, nine was first published in forty. SIX a play Premium broadway at The black The Martin Beck, THEATER I Beg Your pardon in forty, six directed By Eddie. Dowling we're around one hundred and thirty six. Performances back. Then New York times the critics said at the beginning of the telecast and the sixties television adaptation Of The Iceman cometh called it a harsh but ruthless. Drama one Of America's greatest, plays fourteen years after it opened to mixed reviews On. Broadway many years, later in ninety nine it was a revival and just massive and. Production starr In Kevin spacey As Hickey stage three year The theater back, there The Iceman, Cometh we'll do this when we come. Back your, calls and those memories of wonderful lane ways wherever you are In, melbourne In, adelaide In, perth, laneways great pre, sinks suburbs if you like, that had those incredible laneways behind where you. Lived one double three six nine Three Nostavy, Company tony mcmanusy here one double three six nine, three those great, laneways laneways Around, melbourne, laneways famous laneways Around, adelaide famous laneways In. Perth AND i think about the times where growing with Around Glen, iris but Particularly malvin more so malven is my, memory BUT i might be wrong about. This the laneways existed that probably still lane ways around that. Area but it was really weird because there were different ways you could get to where if you were going from Say High street through the school grounds of Sad lassell back in those, days and then you wanted to get back round to the top end of you, know nearly Towards Danny knock, wrote you could almost do that through laneways, alone once you knew your way. Through does that still? Exist? Mark Cabbage, Creek Cabbage Street? Creek, Hello, Mark, yeah you really will think?
Speaker 46: You, Yeah i'll tell you what that previous, caller she was just an absolute well with.
Speaker 3: Knowledge good on you with regards to What Mark, well.
Speaker 46: Just in regards to you, know the lame.
Speaker 3: Way, yes some of those great languet.
Speaker 46: History you, Know i've done a bit of two up AND i had to go way out in the country to sort of get that that sort of vibe happening in the. Eighties you, know two up is a thing of the past.
Speaker 3: Now, Really, YEAH i guess a lot of the young people probably don't even know what that.
Speaker 26: Is.
Speaker 7: Mark i'm thinking it wouldn't be passing enough for.
Speaker 18: Him fifty.
Speaker 46: Fifty don't turn him. On you, know you've got to have more odds than. That but, anyhow my my earliest recollection of lame ways was down He faced and we had a lame way and the guy that was delivering the milk did nothing but curse the. Road the entire TREEP i used to yell out. SOMETIMES i was about twelve years. Old i'd yell, out just put up with the, roads shut, up OR i just say something like.
Speaker 3: That, well it's that. Effect and why would he be yelling.
Speaker 46: Out, well he just his car was being bounced. Around of, course they're all done in sand down In, frankston and they just. Moved and he used to just curse.
Speaker 28: Them AND i used to.
Speaker 37: Love my head.
Speaker 3: Off it's a little bit about some of The victorian roads Today mark not much.
Speaker 7: Different, well there are still.
Speaker 46: Laneways there are a lot of the crooks around The Mornington. Peninsula they know all the side, streets they know all the. Laneways you get them on a motivate young kids around about fourteen on these electric. Bikes the coppers have not got a chance of catching.
Speaker 3: Him, well there's that as, WELL i, guess and that becomes part of THE i don't, know that becomes part of the hood in that.
Speaker 46: Sense, well the thing, is you're not doing anything illegal by just riding around at night on these electric. Bikes you're not doing any, damages, said just screaming around like, kids.
Speaker 3: Which is a paint in the, clock except if they happen to hit as somebody who might be out for a stroll in the next thing, bangs they keep going and somebody can be very seriously, injured which we've we've seen on you, know dozens of. Occasions, YES i must have.
Speaker 46: IT i do have an eight bike, myself AND i do go a bit.
Speaker 3: Too good on Your. Marc always good to. Chat thank, you dear. Friend christian on the run again And, christian good, morning good.
Speaker 35: Morning tiny has a.
Speaker 3: Game sensationally in. Yourself good just ringing in regards to now would you fork out the money to?
Speaker 36: Go, yeah it's not once a life time for my kids and mist in the fact that brought up on a very healthy diet of our rade stuck in The toto.
Speaker 38: Player of a.
Speaker 36: Car so you years of their early life THAT i ever.
Speaker 3: Heard so you're going to punish them even further buy them the tickets and take them to the.
Speaker 38: Concert, yeah most Definitely i'll be paying out the money and we'll be. Going so but also, YEAH i remember the layways involving having to go From canal down To Saint joseph down that.
Speaker 3: Way, yeah, boy so that was on Stan Hope.
Speaker 36: Street, yeah from, memory, yes from, memory.
Speaker 3: Yes Stanhope, Street joey's was on the, stage and then so you'd walk out the back Onto Stanhope street and up To Saint joseph's.
Speaker 7: Involving, yeah so, yeah good times back in those. Days what time?
Speaker 15: Ago now?
Speaker 3: Though what years were you? There? Christian ninety?
Speaker 27: TWO i?
Speaker 3: Finished you finished in ninety, two so way after. Me i'm just trying to think one of my younger brothers might have still been there in ninety, Two dan, McManus but That i'm just trying to think whether he would have left just before ninety. Two maybe he might have been about eighty eight when he was, OUT i think from, memory so maybe.
Speaker 20: Not Too but also on the just another, Thing i'm just going a bit further with the ice the. Refrigerator did you know that that was originally going to be done By George westinghouse who put money Into Nikola tesla to make it, Free but the major investor WAS. J. D morgan and, said If i'm not making money out of, It i'm dropping the amount of Money i'm going to be investing with.
Speaker 3: You and so then what happened after?
Speaker 20: That Basically tesler basically had no money and then obviously went into reclusion and it's only just been recent that they're engineering, wise that they've started to fire up the. Machine whereabouts you get for, electricity we're within a certain amount of. Room you can google it on YouTube or whatever and it comes up with the free machine and engineers are now trying to get it basically used for construction sites and other things such as. That but it's only a lot of tiny machine that would have fitt in the.
Speaker 7: Fridge is that, Right?
Speaker 3: CHRISTIAN i will and thank you for that. Background well, done you stay safe For. Ardie good morning.
Speaker 37: Again good morning, Again tony And Jay.
Speaker 27: Quick hello back To.
Speaker 37: Kevin Also Janah nathan anyway lane, ways there's several round west was.
Speaker 3: Great so there'd be a hive through, there wouldn't?
Speaker 37: They, yeah look around the corner close. By me and the partner lived in one with a lame way back little granny flat before we moved into the. House and speaking of that mold and, everything we didn't have, mold but we had a leaking roof and we complained to the to the own other landward and he reckons he's selling. It so we got. Out did us a favor because we've got a better house and it didn't sell. It it just kept on renting. It so if he, lied deal was going to fix any rent out while it was still.
Speaker 3: Leaking, WELL i find it. Disappointing AND i guess there's always going to be great, landlords and they're going to be landlords that frankly are a bit dodgy for whatever. Reason but you would think that in this day and age and the great nation that we know and Lovers, australia you would think that the relationship should, be, well here's the. Deal this is the PROPERTY i, own here's the rent for WHICH i am. Looking and part of that deal IS i will help you WHERE i possibly. Can should you maintain, it you become a great. Tenant we'll look after each. Other surely that should be the perfect. Relationship that's how it is with us.
Speaker 37: Now and speaking of, YouTube that's HOW i Found homicide AND i Found Leonard till hosting all the mistakes that all the accidents that happened while while filming.
Speaker 3: That so who was host what auntil before he passed?
Speaker 37: On of, course but it's got him hosting a lot Off Like i'll give you an, example Black. Rock you must know Black rock with there and of course you know they used rule coppers and, that and then they were waiting for a drug bust link to a murder and a big seven foot eel came and they had to be rescued by The Rural water.
Speaker 3: Poice but a seven foot, eel, yeah.
Speaker 27: It attacked them and they had to get.
Speaker 7: Risk check it out of your.
Speaker 3: Are attacked by an? Eel? Yep are you sure you're not making it up? Now? Ardie you sit down and you watch that homicide and you open, something you open a beer of choice and then you start to see eels on THE.
Speaker 37: Tv, Now i'm not making it up because you know it was mentioned with the In.
Speaker 7: Crawford it's part of that.
Speaker 3: Interview we're just having a look at it now while the, well the incredibly rare eel attacks can resulting, fertilities but not typically as a result of a direct homicide.
Speaker 37: On the sunken. BOAT i tried to attack them on that to be rescued by The Rural Water.
Speaker 3: Police it's very, Funny, Arthur thank, you. Eelself happy days in Green. Vale, Tones good morning and welcome To australia. Overnight where are you calling? From Tony.
Speaker 48: Originally From flemington and now in green vale And i'm just watching. This i'm on The Killer mountainhighway at the moment semi go by with all the escorts carrying a brief span and it is, Monstrous.
Speaker 3: Tony what is. It it's very noisy where you, are don't know whether you're moving.
Speaker 48: Something it's a semi semi trailer carrying a bridge. Span, oh it's been, stopped and.
Speaker 3: Courses would and it'd be taking up more than the one lane. Presumably i've been.
Speaker 48: There for about eight minutes, waiting just gone past. Now but the lame ways we still have. Them we had Blame Waiting fleming in all my. Life of, course we had had all the thoroughbreds all around. Me, pado the clerk of the course was, there and other borough beds, trainers and they had the big the lame, way and then our lanewts all had little branches running off and into a group of houses, there and a group of backyards, there and another lame way heading off that, way and other.
Speaker 3: Groups it almost became a bit of when you were a, kid felt like you were in this sort of almost. Amaze it, Was and the worst.
Speaker 48: Time WAS i THINK i can't remember the. Day it was one day a week and the hot a horse and cart would be parked there and you could smell it and it was a guy doing the in the dust pans from all our backyard and have at the. Park then going from house to house to, house and, oh you knew he was in the, area but he was.
Speaker 3: There prbably dually you. Did you could do it well and truly you. Tell and in the daytime were able to get all go across To. Flemington would you just walk To flemington and watch what was going? On did you have that sort of?
Speaker 48: Interest, yes, YES i was a bit. Younger my brothers used to go over. There we, also because we were so close to the sale, yards we would have the guy come with the dog and the big walking stick and the whistle And i'd you blow on the whistle and you'd. No five minutes later there'd be mobs of sheep coming down the road with the. Dogs and, yeah it was, unbelievable hurting them all towards The flemington sale. Yard the sheep would run up to. Forget the sheep would run up the lame when my dad would always wait in the lame way in case one straight up There trent in the. Backyard it was aflie.
Speaker 3: And what's in those spaces and Now TONY.
Speaker 48: A few of them have been, born like a lot of the smaller, ones the veins they used to call. THEM a lot of those have been sold to the either side one or one house or the other houses buy yeah, yeah, yeah the main, one the main big ones are still there because the way they used to build them was the side to side between two, houses like the two sides of the, house and then the other ones would be intack. Yards they're still at the main laneways that the smaller ones are all gone and we've got lane ways in Green darby concrete. Everywhere but they more fire they're call the fire breaks there so that you know they get in between houses in the front and back and.
Speaker 3: Breaks, great that's a great. Call keep in touch with the. Program no good on your, toney will don't? You many lameways still in the places Like South kingsville And Yarra ville year well around that area there would be a lot. Too. Bruno we have a suburb Called Colonel Light, Garden South australia with back lane ways Off Parkview dry AND i think the old gas males that the old gas mains are still in. There good on your Ken. Kenzire In South, australia we have a. Suburb it's the same one that came in. Twice many, lanes, well many laneways still through. There eat scooter Has buckley's charts of going too fast on a Blue stone. Laneway, WELL i suppose when you're a kid and you're racing. AROUND i don't. KNOW i have not used. ONE i certainly haven't used it On. Bluestone but who? Knows many lanes were sold turning back and extended your property by definition back in those. Days good on Your, bruno your calls the other, Side come and join. Us one double wherever you are right Across australia one double three six nine. Three For perth, listeners you've got a few more minutes with us one double three eight eighty. Two back in the, day you AND i we loved the music. Charts, now whether you are listening to a FIVE k And adelaide might have been a five ad In adelaide could have been a SIX ix In perth or a six pr In perth at six pm In perth might have been a three Ifree u's add In melbourne a later THREE X y here In melbourne would be my or THREE dB certainly for a little. While my point about that is we love the, charts the music, charts the top forty. Charts there is a time when you knew they would come, out and various ones would come out different times of the. Week you'd get down to the record shop is usually where you could pick up a local chart to see where a year new song was coming into the, chart when it was going out of the. Chart how important it was what the cool kids were listening to in terms of. Albums turns, out it turns, out according to a piece in the papers, today there could be a two year cutoff to. Boot for, Example Fleetwood mac hangs around in the charts to this day The rumors, album and so the good people AT aria have, said, look whilst that sits in the, charts it doesn't allow for sufficient new music to come into the charts because it sits in that high end. Category so let's, remove for, example The rumor's album out of the charts and freshen it up so we can allow more music to be exposed in the charts than has been the case for some. Years be interested to find out we talk about that more a bit later On wonderble three six nine three as to whether or not this is. FAIR i, mean if the reality is of people are presumably still listening and buying The rumors, album is that? Legitimate are has that system which seems to be undergoing?
Speaker 7: Change?
Speaker 3: Worthwhile patsy In, ormond good, Morning.
Speaker 49: PAT i know you're, well so that's, good thank, you.
Speaker 3: Sir we've been talking about all sorts of, things including those lane ways around.
Speaker 32: WELL i lived in Glen.
Speaker 49: FERRY i was born in nineteen thirty, six AND i remember the bloke coming get the can out the yeah the, side and maybe the youngest of six. Kids of, course in them, days my mom just had a copper, outside so she'd have.
Speaker 8: To boil the order in the.
Speaker 49: Copper then they take it into the bar with. Buckets of, course maybe the youngest was the last one to get in the then, bar of, course and THEN i remember the the bloath coming down with the bread down with the.
Speaker 7: Horse what we used to.
Speaker 49: Do we used to run out and sit on the back of the cart on the little step and go for ride Down New York, street and then we used to come. DOWN i don't know if you Know Barker's.
Speaker 3: ROAD i do Know Bakers road.
Speaker 49: Well we used to ride their billy carts down the hillway really Into York.
Speaker 3: Street and who would have made the billy?
Speaker 49: Cats Pat, Ah my brothers made The we made home home made, one she, Said Tim.
Speaker 3: Broom little wheels and that ball bearing. Wheels, yeah little ball bearing.
Speaker 49: Wheals and then, TOO i don't even remember the old street. Lights then In hawthorne where or Glen Ferry York, street we had a like a footpath one of those lights outside and then there was a lame way going up to the the other way Towards. Auben but what my brother has, done they used to hang like a body up on the, light people around the corner in that flight.
Speaker 5: Is just.
Speaker 3: Fantastic that's an image that will stay in my brain for the rest of. Today, pet thank you for that six Pr you do a. Runner, now we'll see you. TONIGHT a question after the news coming?
Speaker 42: Up?
Speaker 3: Five but what was your for? Car what was your first? Car and here's the other part of that, question who paid for? It what was your first? Car who paid for? It discuss.
Speaker 5: Now this Is Australia Open eyes With tony.
Speaker 40: McManus good, morning wherever you, are nice to have your company three aw here In, melbourne the Eighth radio networks to do with us and of course the good people at Five DOUBLE a In.
Speaker 3: Adelaide if you'd like to come and, play more than welcome one double three six NINE i threw it out. There we've been talking about, laneways lane ways through the back of the evil. Part, WELL i shouldn't say evil is not always, evil but there was a little bit of evil that would have been carried out, THERE i would imagine over the years in lane ways In, Melbourne, Satman South, australia one double three six nine. Three the other question was what was your first? Car what was your first? Car and as an ancillary to that, question who paid for? It it's an interesting question real because many people would remember exactly how much they paid for their first. Car what was it and how much one double three sixty nine to. Three mine was A V. E i don't know Whether i'm proud of this now or, not should be because it was a glorious little car for a few YEARS V. Valiant how? Much jay asked me how much four hundred and fifty. Dollars i'm wanting to ask you how much did you pay for your first for four hundred and fifty dollars for a? Two was it two to?
Speaker 14: Two?
Speaker 3: Five? Wow two two? Five ve? Valiant now she was your. Basic but it wasn't the. Regal, no, no it. Wasn't you had the regal top of the was of the regal oh, Top and no it couldn't afford the regal four hundred and fifty. Dollars there was a little Dealership Burke, road in Between High street And Watletree. Road in there somewhere there's a little dealership on the right hand, side almost across From Sacred. CURVE i Reckon dad founded there four hundred and fifty. Bucks love one hundred and fifty. Dollars it's a tire these. Days well there you. Go have times have, changed took it up to three h a And hamilton the engine blew up in dunk Held, Gaff. Portland. Morning, yeah, Lady.
Speaker 35: I've got two for. You you pay with two famous guys before they came famous In Alleyway calney was The Cracker brothers In californy on the Gav.
Speaker 3: How old would you have? Been? Yeah in Kel, yes that's a great.
Speaker 35: Story and the first CAR i had the next one up from. HERE i had A Bg.
Speaker 27: Elliott, yeah the two.
Speaker 3: Door what a good looking bee.
Speaker 35: That, was and that cost me three hundred Six.
Speaker 3: Dearley what year do you? Remember gave. Approximately, Ah.
Speaker 35: Now you got me, THINKING i can't really, remember so you work.
Speaker 3: Out do the. Maths, now when you think about playing those games with The cracker brothers all those years, ago gav you're probably too young to then sort of, Think, gee these kids are really good at what they.
Speaker 35: Do oh they were unreally. Barefoot how they were kicking that ball with their bare feet. Phenomenal you try to do that yourself of a barefoot and you're have the red foot at the end of the.
Speaker 3: Day and presumably growing up In kel around that, time that's all they had ever. Done pretty.
Speaker 15: Much that's.
Speaker 35: It they're the GUY i used to play footy. With you can kick the ball for miles. Barefoot you put a boot on him and he couldn't even kick.
Speaker 3: It Gave you're a good, man keeping touch to its good hear you voiced their, Bell Hello, annette you were looking forward to seeing those. Akadecas would you fork out in the big bucks to go and See akadeca when they come later in the. Year, no, no it's a lot of money, anyway would You what have you seen recently in?
Speaker 11: It, Ah i'll be seeing the four. Radies but we've got calling someone up next.
Speaker 3: Month you've got a few things coming up of.
Speaker 11: Magic, yeah got a magic coming up To Robertson. Brothers oh, yeah something up sould be.
Speaker 3: Good, oh good on?
Speaker 27: You what else is?
Speaker 3: Happening we'll need some help.
Speaker 7: To to fifty dollars fifty fifty dollars.
Speaker 11: One and only because somebody was selling it aboard it the one?
Speaker 3: Too do you remember what was?
Speaker 21: It in?
Speaker 11: It it was a little sedent thing with wood grown into, it remembering off fish and wood.
Speaker 3: Grown And, CARL i do you don't remember the? Brand and it was?
Speaker 11: Beautiful, NO i don't actually look what do you mean what year?
Speaker 3: Was do you think it may have?
Speaker 33: Been no?
Speaker 31: Name so you?
Speaker 3: Reckon you would have bought it when you were about eighteen or nineteen or twenty or something like.
Speaker 11: That about twenty four or at least about twenty.
Speaker 3: Five and for how long did you own?
Speaker 15: It?
Speaker 7: Oh not?
Speaker 11: Long because a person threatening the so to give.
Speaker 3: It, Back oh, dear make.
Speaker 11: Trouble SO i don't they give it, back go, Back, grace and we're talking about Lang, ways which is old place In branswick with the old policetone. Tubles oh, yes this is awkward or could navel? It this is WHAT i had to cope with all Some.
Speaker 3: There you, go and it's some lovely stories. Here i'm sorry we've got to move, on BUT i wanted to get to take care of some of these calls before you knock off and the bricking program comes in With ross And russ on. THREE i w thank you for. That it's always good to chat In. Willoughby Hello, Peter.
Speaker 50: Thank goodness to team.
Speaker 3: Mcmahn what's happening in the. World peck.
Speaker 50: A, well just cruising down The Geelong highway at the moment on my later little.
Speaker 3: River beautiful good damn yea.
Speaker 31: My first.
Speaker 50: CAR i remember it very. Well my father bought and pulled me back in about seventy, eight just BEFORE i got my. License it was a ninety seventy FIVE Xv falcon back. On, yeah it was a beautiful. Car, well my father bought it for me for two thousand dollars but not mating, back no problems and the good little thing. Too it only had man two or three thousand kilometers on it.
Speaker 23: Was so it was a.
Speaker 50: Baby oh, absolutely it's only about four and a big years.
Speaker 3: Old, wow it was a steal of that prospect in those. Days you. Reckon it was about seventy, eight you, Said.
Speaker 50: Pete, yeah seventy, eight seventy, nine just BEFORE i got my drama's last.
Speaker 3: Year and it wasn't a Fair, mont, no BUT i did sort of dress.
Speaker 50: It up with the correct wheel trims and the chrome, rooffrack and it looked like a moth but now it. Wasn't it was just the base. Model but it was a good.
Speaker 3: Car and how how long did you have? It do you reckon and then knocked it?
Speaker 50: OFF i had it for about seen or twelve.
Speaker 46: Years, Yes.
Speaker 50: Then the first wife didn't like it BECAUSE i had the old tree on the.
Speaker 3: Tree of course it, did is. It there's a, story there's a story in, there so We're. PETE i had to get rid of. It the first wife didn't like, it and the rest of his, History, pete that is just. Great thank, You, Carlo carlo In, flemington and that's you did to Live. Carlo good, morning that's making me.
Speaker 8: Laugh good, morning good.
Speaker 48: Morning, yeah my first car was as that pregious call out the free on the, tree the good OLD hu, yeah THE.
Speaker 3: Hq yeah. Beautiful and for how long did you have, It? Carlo?
Speaker 48: Oh probably care about five?
Speaker 3: Years, yeah and so it was cheap. Murdering how? Much?
Speaker 7: Yeah nine hundred? Dollars oh and from.
Speaker 3: Where locally or through a private site from my. Uncle and do you remember how much you? Paid did you? Say it was about nine nine hundred, bucks nine hundred dollars from the uncle. Locally and you've got a really good run out of. It well done, you thank. You my first car, TONE i hope this is a. True my first car was a nineteen sixty Seven. Bentley is that really? TRUE i hope it? Is be a cracking little beast to drive. Around we should still add that we'll do this when we come. Back more of your calls come and join me the other. Side one double three six nine. Three we got that some of these wonderful text. Too my first car the nineteen sixty Seven. BENTLEY G i hope that's. True our first car WAS Fb. Holden dad paid six hundred and eighty, dollars had it two years traded at AN mga sixteen Hundred british racing green soft top and paid eighteen hundred. Dollars WISH i still had, It another one, says AND i love. This my first car came in a Matchbox Tony mac and my mum paid for. It that is just, Beautiful, keith wear it be? Morning, yeah morning.
Speaker 15: Mate you're talking About vegas carts, earlier reminded me and me. Childhood dad bought a second ind baked his cart back in about noeine fifty, eight put it in the backyard for, us and that Was he took the wheels, up spoke wheels over, it locked it up and we used to sit in it and that was the cavy aouse and play thing with pretend we were driving.
Speaker 39: It.
Speaker 3: Cool but so he removed the wheels because why because they were only get. INTERIORATED i was sitting in the in the backyard. Somewhere.
Speaker 15: Yeah well what he did he cut the accident in half and one of it he uh concreted it into the. Ground and that was The america.
Speaker 3: Around, oh very. Clever he was a strike. Off any idea what he would have paid for something like, That, Keith and the disuppose you.
Speaker 15: Wouldn't, No, NO i was too, Young, Red, NO i. DIDN'T i don't know what happened to it in the. End but oh my kids in this straight used to come over and play in it and pretend they were driving it and great.
Speaker 3: Fun, Oh, KEITH i wonderful A, bedford.
Speaker 15: Wasn't it wasn't A. Bedford it was a horse and.
Speaker 7: CART i beg your.
Speaker 3: Pardon you said that it was a horse and, cart so it was just a. Cart oh that's. Fantastic what a wonderful, Memory. Keith well done you and thank you for ringing up at this time of the. Morning keith appreciate, it and he good on, you and he wheelers heel good. Morning.
Speaker 12: HI i was my first, car was brought from the wrecker's yard In sydney and it was a renold dolph. Scene my dad did it, up and THEN i had a not nearly bug eyed sprite which he also did.
Speaker 3: Up oh you're, Kidding, anne and? Hello how long did you drive the?
Speaker 12: SPRITE i drove it From sydney To melbourne When dad got posted down, here AND i drove it for quite a. While the red Old DOLPHINE i used to live in The Blue. MOUNTAINS i used to drive that up to the up and back to school from from Glen brook to The peanheigh In sydney and it was all plastic. Inside it really really.
Speaker 3: Strange yet it felt probably quite weird just going back to that. SPRITE i mean there would have been a time and that would have been one of the coolest kids in town in that.
Speaker 12: Sprite, well ACTUALLY i was At Prince Ediny's hospital In, sydney nursing In. Melbourne In melbourne doing nursing AND i used to drive. IT i used to have it there and my parents lived at that, Target Mount.
Speaker 3: Waverley and where would you have where would you have parked it when you were, Studying, well they.
Speaker 12: Had this car park at the back of the hospital because you had to live in the hospital in the nurses, quarters and they used to have this vacant lot out, there or Otherwise i'd take it home and then on the weekends have it at. Home in the other, one The Reynald dhlphines In New South. Wales get your license at, sixteen So i've been driving since, Sixteen so, yeah a little bit. Different but, yeah The Austin hilly sprite was marone and, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: Do you know what year do you know what year it?
Speaker 12: Was what in the late sixties AND i finished It Prince henry in the early.
Speaker 3: Seventies i'd love to find. Out that's a great call and thank. You i'd love to find out from somebody like A Jeff. Dutton if you're, Listening, jeff what would something like An Austin healy sprite?
Speaker 26: In?
Speaker 3: Really top of there was a? Nick what would that retail for? Now Austin healy? Sprite Jeff Dutton Bula bulah, Beulah Jeff, dutton what would it? Be he'll have a pretty good. IDEA i would have. Thought adrian Warn, ambool morning, Morning how are you really? Well?
Speaker 18: More Trust carr was in nineteen sixty human.
Speaker 3: Minx oh gorgeous little thing it?
Speaker 7: Was who still is still own?
Speaker 3: It are?
Speaker 21: You?
Speaker 3: Don't you've had it?
Speaker 21: All it?
Speaker 3: Use how many?
Speaker 7: Thirty that's?
Speaker 3: Incredible what did do you? Recall what would have been paid for?
Speaker 15: THAT i actually got it for.
Speaker 18: Nothing it was book brand new my, mind great grandmother In march of nine.
Speaker 7: Sixty And i've got it for. Nothing how to drive it home from along window?
Speaker 36: Brakes that is?
Speaker 3: Fantasty and it still doesn't run? Around?
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah still.
Speaker 3: Got it and how often would you drive?
Speaker 7: It, no not very often, now but it still Goes.
Speaker 3: Yes isn't that a cracking little story in, ITSELF a little minx just. Fantastic and there was a lot of those on the roads back in the. Day what a lot of, calls which is just. Fantastic And mark two you were to around twenty thousand dollars for the. Car that's. Incredible we've been talking about wonderful motor cars simply because, yep we've seen what we want us to work. UP a bug eye In coo condition ran about thirty thousand. Dollars my first car was. FREE i love. That that's the tag somebody, said which is Nob we shouldn't laugh about it because it happens way too. Often my first car was. Free it turns out that because the keys were left in.
Speaker 7: It that's so.
Speaker 3: Wrong russ And Ross The Breaky show next coming up on. THREE i w have a fantasy Ast. Tuesday wherever you, Are I'm tony. McMahons for all we, know we may never meet. Again may our hands only ever be held out in, friendship never in What there we, Go
Speaker 42: There we go